Windows Support Forum

High Definition Audio Driver.

Q: High Definition Audio Driver.

High.
In my add\remove programs window is a High Definition Audio Driver Package. It has after it, kb888111. Is this just an update patch from microsoft?
I ask because that's all there is.
I can't find where the driver itself is installed. It looks like an update, without a program. If i need these drivers, where could i get them?
chuck.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: High Definition Audio Driver.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.15%

Microsoft High Definition Driver vs Realtek high definition audio driver?

A:Microsoft High Definition Driver vs Realtek high definition audio driv

Care to explain what you actually want to know?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100407-microsoft-high-definition-driver-vs-realtek-high-definition-audio-driv.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 99.76%

I just bought a notebook Lenovo G and I Bus not found Audio High driver on Definition Lenovo G450 Audio on Device had drivers not found problem My OS is Windows XP SP In Device Manager there are four quot Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus quot device with exclamation mark Below is the link to the screenshot of my device manager pardon me you have copy-paste the link manually since my post count is still below so I cannot post link image here There is no sound problem since I had successfully installed the sound driver from lenovo The name is quot Conexant High Definition SmartAudio quot as you can see on the screenshot above and the sound is working without problem I also had installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver before installing the sound driver I had tried installing realtek and nvidia high definition audio driver and all required drivers from lenovo http consumersupport lenovo com en DriversDownloads drivers list aspx CategoryID but still no avail The four yellow exclamation marks is still exist So I need help to identify what actually are the devices that shown as quot Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus quot And where can I get the driver for that devices These are the device IDs Code HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS DE amp REV amp CAAF amp amp I already searched the device ID with google but cannot found any information about them Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus driver not found on Lenovo G450

I'd advise you should first upgrade to SP3. Then report back if you still have the problem and can proceed from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-driver-not-found-on-lenovo-g450.138332/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi Friends.
Which audio driver is suitable for 82801 G (ICH Family) High definition audio Multi media?

I have installed realtek audio driver. Its in C: drive program files. But not showing in

My computer -> properties -> hardware -> device manager -> sound, video and game controllers.
ain't getting system default sounds too.

How can i install Realtek audio driver software under sound, video and game controllers?
Or is there any other suitable driver? and How can i install it?
Please help ...
P.S - PC Configuration : Core 2 Duo processor, 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 160 GB HDD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-for-82801-g-ich-family-high-definition-audio.581807/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi everyone I would be very grateful for some help please My laptop recently installed a BIOS update - I don't know what this was but since it happened I have been having sound problems with my laptop After the update I had no sound I read around and found how to get the sound back on - I did this by uninstalling AMD high definition audio device and high definition audio device I definition realtek problem and device high audio high definition audio would then restart the laptop and the sound would be working again But when the laptop would be turned off on turning back on it would re-install the above things again automatically and the sound would no longer work I noticed that when the sound was working realtek high definition audio was listed under sound video and game controllers in the device manager and when it wasn't working this wasn't there Every time I uninstalled the AMD high definition audio device and high definition audio device the realtek realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem one would be automatically installed when the laptop was restarted but then taken off on the next restart I tried disabling the first realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem to see if that made any difference but it didn't I realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem noticed the drivers could be removed for the AMD high definition audio device so I tried that - that is now fully removed but I still have the problem with sound My laptop keeps automatically installing high definition audio device When this is listed the sound doesn't work and the realtek high definition audio isn't listed When I uninstall that - on the first restart the realtek high definition audio is listed again and the sound works but on turning the laptop off I have to go through the whole process again as the high definition audio device is listed again and no sound Please could anyone advice me how I can sort this out Is there a way I can stop the high defintion audio device from installing on restart so that the realtek high definition audio remains along with my sound Disabling the high defintion audio doesn't make any difference Thank you for any help

A:realtek high definition audio and high definition audio device problem

First, the AMD High Definition Audio Device is ONLY for HDMI audio. It has nothing to do with the PC audio (speakers and/or headset).

Are you sure it was a BIOS update? Those are normally not automatic. The BIOS is the heart of the PC and controls the hardware configurations.

The basic Windows installed High Definition Audio Coded/Device is a generic audio driver. It can be installed for the PC audio and/or the HDMI audio. As this is a generic, basic function driver, the correct hardware driver needs to be installed.

Without the actual HP model number, I can't research what actually belongs on your PC. Apparently it is RealTek, but as it isn't functioning properly, or conflicting I still need to research the PC's specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/345501-realtek-high-definition-audio-high-definition-audio-device-problem.html
Relevancy 99.33%

i have a gateway computer and i want to record some audio from my computer. i looked online how to do this and stereo mixer kept coming up. i looked in my sound and show disabled and disconnected devices are both selected and i do not see stereo mixer in the list of recording devices. can someone please help me on how to get it?

A:conexant high definition audio and intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI

The Conexant HD Audio would be the device that supplies the Stereo Mixer, if Gateway enabled it. Some vendors have not enabled it to avoid DRM (Digital Rights Management) issues. I've seen a couple of Dell's that way.

Have you tried reinstalling the Gateway supplied driver? If not, give that a try first.

Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / NV Series / NV54

If that does not work, unless you can find a compatible Conexant driver somewhere else you may be doomed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/303319-conexant-high-definition-audio-intel-r-high-definition-audio-hdmi.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have installed windows 8.1 (bootcamp). I can't get the audio driver to work properly. This is what is displayed:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I'm new to these kind of things. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d14783a-161d-4124-8913-2525393a5647/high-definition-audio-driver?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi everyone..Nee a help. After ref0rmatting my pc,i cant find an appr0priate audi0 driver. I'v tried many via hd audi0 driver but it ddnt w0rk. It cann0t find and update the driver i inserted. Please help.

A:VIA high definition audio driver

Hi redzky792

To find your drivers
> Click to your System Vendor's web site
> Look in their Support section
> Enter your computer or motherboard model number. They should provide you the drivers

If you're still having problems tell us the make/model and Windows OS version of your computer so we can have a look as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/via-high-definition-audio-driver.148867/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello everyone, I own a DELL XPS 420 system which had Windows Vista.
I've installed Windows Xp Professiona SP3 and everything seems to work fine but not the audio device.... I just can't find the driver which would work with Windows xp..... I've tried everything... driver genius.... driver magicians and all that stuff... nothing works.... <> and I've checked the dell website but they don't have the driver for Windows XP.... it's just for Vista... what should I do guys??? Is there anyway I can get my audio working on this system??? Thank's a lot for reading this :)

Some help will be really appreciated!

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/high-definition-audio-driver-343235.html
Relevancy 99.33%

My computer quit playing sound over the weekend. I used the microsoft troubleshooter starting off basic checking speaker connections. I tried playing different sounds from numerous other files and I could not get any of those audio functions to work either. The more I got into the troubleshooting I found of my device manager that the UAA bus driver for high defintion audio could not start and it gave me a code 10. Is this something I'll have to take my computer back to the manufactuer or something I can fix myself. It sounds pretty major to me.

A:Uaa Bus Driver For High Definition Audio

You may be able to fix it yourself by reloading the drivers.

If the audio card is built in to your motherboard the drivers will be on the cd that came with it.

Go to the device manager (control panel/system/hardware/device manager) and double click on the UAA bus driver.

That will open a box. Click on the driver tab, and then click on "update driver"

When it gives you a choice where Windows will look for it, choose your cd.
Put the cd in the drive and have it install the driver.

If it is a seperate audio card it should have come with a cd too, so use that one instead.

You can also download updated drivers from the manufacturer's sites, either the motherboard if the audio is onboard, or whatever manufacture made the sound card if it is seperate.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48074/uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio/
Relevancy 98.47%

I tried to update this driver (Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus) on my computer, but I receive an error every time. It has a yellow exclamation mark by it. The reason I want this to function is so I can have sound come out of my TV when I plug in my HDMI. When I try to update it  I get a Intel(R) Display Audio Data Error. I have windows 10 and a Dell Inspiron 15-3521. It shows under "other devices" in my device manager, but should be under "sound, video, and game controllers." The device status is:The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)Data error (cyclic redundancy check).To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

How can I fix this error? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986789
Relevancy 98.47%

I just had to reinstall my operating system which is Windows XP bus definition audio device high on audio driver service pack I have a Dell XPS i desktop computer I have the drivers and utilities cd that originally came with the computer On the disk are instructions on the order of driver installations I installed everything as it said but when I go into device manager I see the yellow question mark next to audio audio device on high definition audio bus driver device on high definition audio bus I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers I ve found the driver on Realtek s website and downloaded it but still no sound I tried going into the BIOS and disabling the onboard audio When I did this the audio device was no longer showing in device manager but the sound wasn t working The Windows software wizard also couldn t find anything for it either Audio type is HDA channel The driver is Realtek audio ALC HD audio The driver on the dell website is the same one I have with the disk If anyone could help I d audio device on high definition audio bus driver greatly appreciate it

A:audio device on high definition audio bus driver

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/xps630i/en/OM/HTML/software.htm#wp1111996You followed the above Dell instructions?See Sound and Speaker Problems at http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/xps630i/en/OM/HTML/trouble.htm#wp1092170 .FWIW: System Drivers at http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=XPS_630I&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=FWIW: Disabling onboard sound...is not what you want to do, unless you are using a physical soundcard in lieu of the sound capability provided on the motherboard. You have onboard sound.Device Manager only reflects the one problem you mentioned?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405857/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-driver/
Relevancy 98.47%

I tried to update this driver (Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus) on my computer, but I receive an error every time. It has a yellow exclamation mark by it. I have windows 10 and a Dell Inspiron 15-3521. It shows under "other devices" in my device manager, but should be under "sound, video, and game controllers." The device status is:The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)Data error (cyclic redundancy check).To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.How can I fix this error? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19986449
Relevancy 98.47%

I had posted this topic in the windows xp forums but couldn t find a solution So I on device audio definition bus driver audio high m hoping maybe I can audio device on high definition audio bus driver find it in this forum I had to reinstall my operating system which is Windows XP service pack I have a Dell XPS i desktop computer I have the drivers and utilities cd that originally came with the computer On the disk are instructions on the order of driver installations I installed everything as it said but when I go into device manager I see the yellow question mark next to audio device on high definition audio bus I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers I ve found the driver on Realtek s website and downloaded it but still no sound The Windows software wizard also couldn t find anything for it either Audio type is HDA channel The driver is Realtek audio ALC HD audio The driver on the dell website is the same one I have with the disk If anyone could help I d greatly appreciate it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406566/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-driver/
Relevancy 98.47%

im using now a sound driver default "High Definition Audio Device"Driver
do i need to uninstall it first before changing to realtek sound drivers??
and how do i uninstall it in safest way??and was there an option to undo if something goes wrong??

im using windows 7 ultimate 32bit. ..

A:Asking :SOUND DRIVER High Definition Audio Device Driver

That is the default Windows audio driver, and I don't think it can be uninstalled. Best is to not worry about it and just install the Realtek driver.

Quote:
and was there an option to undo if something goes wrong??

Uninstall the Realtek driver or do a system restore to before you installed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/151429-asking-sound-driver-high-definition-audio-device-driver.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Does anyone know a safe place to download this? Do I have to pay for it?

Relevancy 98.04%

Hi I recently install a new graphics card into my computer The computer initally had audio bus driver definition Microsoft high UAA for intergrated graphics and sound now what I m expecting both sound and video to be coming from Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition audio card This is the card - HIS IceQ H QS GHA Radeon HD GB -bit DDR AGP X X HDCP Ready Video Card The video works except when viewing any online video that is not on YouTube the video shutters and you can see lines across the screen Also I viewed these websites before I got the graphics card and the videos ran fine The card has built in native HDMI support and is suppose to carry HD Audio through the HDMI cable that connects it to my HDTV It doesn t In the device manager on my computer there is a Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio The driver is not functioning and I recieve this error message about it This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system My guess is it is something to do with the original drivers for sound that are still the computer but either way any help with this would be gratefully appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition audio

Not sure if I can help but will take a look...

What's the make/model of your computer? Enter the BIOS setup menu. Look if there's an option for integrated audio. If so, make sure it's disabled/off.

If still a problem List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
You can attach it to your next post by clicking Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio.181906/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi there,
I have just had to reinstall Win XP home, onto a Sony Vaio VGC104, and everything seemed to go well ... when I checked the 'Device Manager', I saw under 'System Devices', two entries for 'Microsoft UAA Bus driver for high definition audio', one was fine - the other had the yellow warning triangle!. The error message read 'not enough system resources, and to disable one before it could solve the error with the UAA Bus driver etc... '. Firstly, do I need two entries? or how do I get rid of just the error one. Any ideas/help will be just great.
Many thanks
Phil Ross

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-471780.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I only get a buzzing noise out of my speakers when I play music.
Otherwise I get nothing.
Under device Manager it says;

VIA HIGH DEFINITION Audio
Provider MS
Date 17/02/2012
Version 6.2.8250.0
Signed MS

My Motherboard is an ASUS M5A78L-M USB3

It also gives a warning that "Device is not compatible under current OS"

Happy St Pat's day!!

Tully

A:Via High Definition Audio Driver for Win8

Hi,

I have tried my best for someone else and they report back the same issue, even after some hacks I tried.

My advice is to make SURE you are installing with Administrator privileges. That means that if you are installing by device manager, then make sure your current account is as Admin. If you are installing by running a .exe (even on Admin account), then right click that and choose "Run as Administrator".

In the meantime, I will check on your driver and make it so Windows 8 can install it. Maybe you will have better luck. I shall return....

Are you running Windows 8 x64 or x86?

...and your post and your system specs say different motherboards. Which is correct?

You could try installing from ASUS page:

ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/4882-via-high-definition-audio-driver-win8.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Want IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver for windows 10. Please solve my problem 

A:Want IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver for windows 10 of...

@NARESh021? Try this one. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151294_1#tab1 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Want-IDT-High-Definition-HD-Audio-Driver-for-windows-10-of/td-p/5806725
Relevancy 97.18%

I m having an incredibly frustrating time trying to fix a royal screw has Definition a problem Audio High driver NVIDIA up that happened to me very recently and am at my wits end trying to solve it I really hope someone here can help me My computer is an HP I noticed that graphics card NVIDIA GTX TI had a driver update so naturally I started to install it Fate flickered my power in the middle of the install and when my computer restarted the screen refused to come on Great I booted with safe mode and tried to install the driver that way but it wouldn t work Welp I have a save state just before the install so lets just roll back Roll back worked screen is fine now NVIDIA High Definition Audio has a driver problem but NVIDIA High Definition Audio has a driver problem my sound refuses to work Speaker Icon in the lower right corner has the red x over it and I can NVIDIA High Definition Audio has a driver problem t figure it out So far I have Reinstalled the audio driver on the NVIDIA card Uninstalled all sound related drivers and reinstalled them Jiggling the handle Cursing Nothing has worked so far If anyone can give me a hand I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:NVIDIA High Definition Audio has a driver problem

Install the audio drivers. The HP site should have a driver package for the audio chipset.

The nVidia HD audio that you are referring to is the audio chipset for the HDMI port. So you should likely see at least two audio chipsets listed in Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-high-definition-audio-has-a-driver-problem.1158949/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi,
is there any chance DELL will release a working IDT High Definition Audio Driver for the E6430 under Windows 10 64bit?
Currently I'm using the native Windows driver "High Definition Audio Driver", which works well but produces loud cracking sounds at system shutdown. I'm scared they might damage my speakers.
Thanks in advance.

A:IDT High Definition Audio Driver (E6430 Windows 10)

Hello. I can't answer for Dell but the IDT company has gone out of the consumer audio business so I would not expect to see a new driver.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19978135
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi,
I have a Dell Laptop (Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition) Windows 10.

Recently I turned on my laptop to find a red 'X' on my audio. I tried to fix this by downloading a new driver, but instead of having one 'High Definition Audio Device' and one 'Realtek', I now have two High Definition Audio Devices and the Realtek one is completely gone.

I don't know what Realtek Driver I had before and I don't know how to fix this.

My audio now has an echo and some audio comes out of my speakers rather than my headphones, even when I have my headphones plugged in.

How do I find out what Realtek Audio Driver I had before and how do I replace one of my High Definition Audio Devices with it?

A:Somehow replaced Realtek Driver with High Definition Audio?

Hello EmeraldBlue.

Considering that you have W10 Home 64-Bit you should really have posted this at our sister forum:
Ten Forums

However I can tell you that your audio device is Realtek ALC3234, I mean you can of course download the audio driver from Dell Support site:
Product Support | Dell US

Cheers, Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/393404-somehow-replaced-realtek-driver-high-definition-audio.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My audio no longer works. This message appears when troubleshooting:

There is a problem with the driver to IDT high definition audio CODEC. Reinstalling the driver might fix the problem.

The automatic "apply this fix" does not work.

What should I do?

Thanks.

A:Problem with driver to IDT high definition audio CODEC

Fill in your system specs. Without it, we have no idea what hardware you own.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/240691-problem-driver-idt-high-definition-audio-codec.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Bonjour, Je n'ai pas trouvé le driver pour ma carte son sur la carte mère relative à mon PC : HP Compaq DC5800 s/n : [Personal Information Removed] La version du driver disponible sur votre site est SP45615. pour Seven 64 bits. Pour Windows 10 aucune proposition, j'ai donc installé le driver pour Seven 64bits, le PC donne l'erreur suivante lorsque je lance Audacity : " Impossible de trouver un périphérique audio. Vous ne pouvez ni lire ni enregistrer de l'audio. Erreur : Internal port audio". Que puis-je faire pour "mettre à jour"ce driver pour W10. CordialementPatrick

A:ADI high definition audio driver pour Windows 10

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/ADI-high-definition-audio-driver-pour-Windows-10/td-p/5533808
Relevancy 97.18%

My sound works fine even though the driver says 2006 (5.10.0.5211). Is it necessary for me to update to the newest driver?

A:Is it necessary to update the Realtek High Definition Audio driver?

No,as long as it's working you don't have to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-necessary-to-update-the-realtek-high-definition-audio-driver.908265/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi, I have a Satellite P305D-S8818 and I just installed vista 64 on It but I cannot find the audio driver the soundcard model is Conexant Cx20561 @ Ati RS690(M)

If anyone has It please let me know

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/183184-conexant-high-definition-audio-driver-vista-x64.html
Relevancy 97.18%

My laptop just got updated and a button popped up saying "New Hardware Found" and so something got updated and my CD Rom stopped working. I downloaded the The Sims 2 Game and I tried turning the game with the CD(you always do that with the Sims) and it won't work. None of my CD's work anymore. Can anyone tell me what to do? My laptop is a Sony Vaio.

A:HIgh Definition Audio Driver Package - KB88811

Go Start, right click the My Computer entry, click properties, click device manager, click the view tab, click show hidden devices.
The entry sound video and game controllers - expand by clicking on the + sign.
What warnings are show please.

Where was the update from.

OR if recent and remember anything else created since the restore point will be lost - system restore to date before update.
Start programs, accessories system tools, system restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-definition-audio-driver-package-kb88811.976506/
Relevancy 97.18%

Compaq presario home premium SR5130NX
Windows Vista 32bit
sfc /scanow: show corrupt files.

No audio output device is installed
Computer crash when I attempting, to Install the Realtek audio driver.
In Recovey Manager, I reinstall the Realtek audio driver.
But when installing the audio driver pc crash (the blue screen)
No sound, the red X in the icon sound!
(Note: I did the recovery process, using recovery disks, but the problem still there)
Any help, to fix this issue!
Thanks!

Mito 52

A:Realtek High Definition Audio driver problem!

Hi,

try these drivers:-

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update - Compaq Presario SR5130NX Desktop PC | HP? Support

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/302855-realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I'll give you on No PC Driver) Sound Definition High Audio (Realtek guys the full story with as much information as possible to make this as easy as possible Yesterday i installed a game however when i went to play i got a message saying my 'Sound-Driver was No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver) occupied by another application and i needed to close that application in order to play the game' Trying to figure out this problem i visit multiple websites and many people tell me to delete the sound drivers No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver) from my PC and re-install them The only problem was i had no CD that came with my laptop so i had to find the drivers online I went to Acer com and put in my model number and found the right laptop I went to the Audio tab and driver options came up Not knowing which was the right one i downloaded installed them all Before we go any further ill give the spec's of my PC and what driver i deleted Manufacturer Acer Model Aspire V - System type bit operating system To delete my drivers i went to Start gt Right click on my computer gt Properties gt Device Manager gt Sound Video Game Controllers tab and then right clicked the driver and clicked remove The two Drivers that came up under the 'Sound Video Game Controllers' tab were - Intel R Display Audio - Realtek High definition Audio I deleted this one because this is my sound Once i deleted this Realtek Audio driver i lost sound instantly which was expected and proceeded to download the drivers from the Acer Website Here is the link to the website and the drivers i downloaded Acer Support Downloads amp Support Documents Once i downloaded all drivers i restart my PC and when it starts back up again in the bottom right of my task bar the device manager icon pops up and it tells me a new device is being installed I click it and a little window pops up and says the 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' is being installed However after i wait a few minutes the install has failed and i click OK and nothing has changed I'm still left with no sound So i check the Sound Video and Game Controllers tab under device manager again and instead of 'Realtek High Definition Audio' being there 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' is under that tab but has a yellow explanation mark on it Note it was not there before i deleted the Realtek driver it just appeared after i deleted the driver I continue to go on the internet to find a 'Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus' driver but i can't find anything Additional information - I also went to the realtek website Realtek and went to drivers and utilities and downloaded the bit window driver executable files but again once i install and re-start my PC the same thing happens as before It says the Audio Device and High definition Audio bus is being installed but then it fails again - I also just downloaded installed the newest chipset driver but that hasn't changed anything i really didn't think it would but it was worth a try - Also maybe i am just not installing the Drivers properly I download the drivers from Acer and extracted the file into a folder I click the setup button and the Realtek blue screen pops up and i click next next next etc and install and then it says 'would you like to restart your computer' at the end and then its finished This is pretty much the full story and i haven't left anything out as far as i can remember If i need to provide additional information just message me and i will provide it It would be great if i could get this fixed so i can try and figure out the other problem with my game Thank you in advance -Conwork

A:No Sound on PC (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver)

So today i downloaded Assassins Creed 1 and proceeded to install. The installation worked fine and when i click the Assassins Creed Icon on my desktop i get this message:

"Your Sound-Driver is currently used by an other application. Close any application using your Sound-Driver and try again... else you'll not be able to hear and sounds or musics."

I looked in Device manager under the 'Sound' tab and my sound drivers are working fine. I have sound and haven't even had a sound problem since i got this PC. I thought it might have been the download but i downloaded a bunch of different ones and i keep getting the same message. Any help would be amazing. Here are my specs:

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire V3-571
RAM: 6GB
System type: 64 bit

I don't see how re-installing my sound drivers would fix this problem because everything works fine... so instead of suggesting that lets try something else.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-on-pc-realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-681732.html
Relevancy 97.18%

OK after upgrading from Windows to Windows Home The Free Upgrade I'm having Sound Issues nbsp IDT Sound Drivers IDT High Definition Audio Codec The Speakers built into the Laptop They Sound Audio Definition High 10 Windows Driver Report. Bug IDT OK but not like they did in Windows I've already Tested out the Following Played Music Sounded OK Played a Youtube Video Sounded OK Played a video i have saved on my PC Sounded OK Played a Show or Movie on Netflix Sounded OK nbsp The Microphone Built into the Laptop Seems to be Working Fine Turtle Windows 10 IDT High Definition Audio Driver Bug Report. Beach Z Headset They Sound like Mono Instead of Stereo There's Basically no Bass and The Sound is Low even if turned up the volume to I've already Tested out the Following Played Music Sounded Bad Played a Youtube Video Sounded Bad Played a video i have saved on my PC Sounded Bad Played a Show or Movie on Netflix Sounded Bad In Windows The Speakers built into the Laptop and Windows 10 IDT High Definition Audio Driver Bug Report. The Turtle Beach Z Headset sounded like Stereo and loud Perfect The Headset Microphone Seems to be Working Fine I plugged my Turtle Beach Z Headset into my Sister's HP that still has windows and my Turtle Beach Z Headset sounded fine I plugged my Turtle Beach Z Headset into my other Sisters HP that has Windows She Upgraded from Windows and my Turtle Beach Z Headset sounded like Mono Instead of Stereo She also plugged in her Windows 10 IDT High Definition Audio Driver Bug Report. ear buds and they sounded like Mono Instead of Stereo I Tested another Headset my Turtle Beach P Headset This Headset plugs into the USB Port The Sound is Perfect it sounds like Stereo and not like Mono However when i talked into the Microphone i could hear my voice coming through the Headset Speakers Basically hearing myself talk -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft's High Definition Audio Drivers These Drivers Work Great so if you just want to use these Drivers Uninstall IDT Sound DriverRestart your ComputerNext Adjust Volume and other settingRight Click your Volume Icon in the right hand CornerorRight Click Start the White Windows Icon located at the Bottom left hand of your screen Click on Control PanelClick on Hardware and SoundClick on SoundRight Click on the Second Device Speakers or whichever your's are called Click on PropertiesNow just go through each Tab and change what you want to change I only Click on the Advanced Tab and change the Default Format to bit Hz DVD Quality Because that's what the Default Format was on Windows I Also Click on Recording and change the setting on the Microphone's Listed nbsp The Speakers built into the Laptop They Sound OK but not like they did in Windows I've already Tested out the Following Played Music Sounded OK Played a Youtube Video Sounded OK Played a Video i have saved on my PC Sounded OK Played a Show or Movie on Netflix Sounded OK nbsp The Microphone Built into the Laptop Seems to be Working Fine nbsp Turtle Beach Z Headset I've already Tested out the Following Played Music Sounded Great Played a Youtube Video Sounded Great Played a video i have saved on my PC Sounded Great Played a Show or Movie on Netflix Sounded Great nbsp The Headset Microphone Seems to be Working Fine Still Notice Mono sound with your Headset nbsp Try This Plug in your HeadsetRight Click your Volume Icon in the right hand CornerorRight Click Start the White Windows Icon located at the Bottom left hand of your screen Click on Control PanelClick on Hardware and SoundClick on SoundRight Click on the Second Device Speakers or whichever your's are called Click on DisableRight Click on the Second Device Speakers or whichever your's are called Click on EnableNow Your sound will Sound like Stereo instead of Mono --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I tried fixing the sound here is what i tried I Uninstalled ... Read more

A:Windows 10 IDT High Definition Audio Driver Bug Report.

Hey everyone here's a update.Ever since microsoft rolled out updates for windows  10 Mainly the Driver Updates i've no longer had to use old methods such as using the old drivers from HP so far windows 10 drivers are working for my Laptop so everything is working out great.I'm still using Drivers from AMD for My APU (Processor and Graphics) but everything else is from Microsoft i've been using Microsoft's Drivers for Months now and have had no issues.Hopefully everyone else is having Success with those Drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Windows-10-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-Bug-Report/td-p/5175005
Relevancy 97.18%

I've had the dreaded quot No Audio Output Device Is Installed quot I've been at this for three months and well over hours now The next fix that has been proposed to me is to download the UAA Bus Driver The guy was saying that this will enable my computer to find my audio The problem is that there aren't any of these Bus Drivers listed under my computer on the HP website I've seen quite a few other UAA Bus Drivers to download but none of them are listed with Vista compatability Most of them say they are compatible with XP I believe I have Conexant High Definition Audio Downloading the Microsoft Driver High for UAA Audio Definition VISTA, not XP, help!! drivers from their website and HP do nothing I'm convinced that if anything is going to work it is going to be this UAA Bus Driver but I can't find one anywhere that is compatible with Vista If anybody could help at this point I literally would be forever greatful I had to buy a completely new laptop because I just got a job working from home using my computer and I couldn't do my job without sound I passed frustrated about weeks ago Went past ridiculous Now I am borderline insane Thanks folks

A:Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio Driver for VISTA, not XP, help!!

Welcome
Everyone, who has had sound problems, has found a solution in this article. It is usually only a driver, but you have been there and done that.
No sound in Windows

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/293423-microsoft-uaa-high-definition-audio-driver-vista-not-xp-help.html
Relevancy 96.32%

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-4150ca BANG & OLUFSEN AUDIO
S/N: (removed content)

On the Client Management Solutions - HP Driver Packs web page I only found and downloaded the Windows 8.1 64-bit file sp76271.exe for the HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 Convertible PC to update all but one missing device driver.
Error: No Audio Output Device is installed.
In Device manager, Other Devices the Intel High Definition Audio driver is not installed (Code 28)
Searched Online for software, with the message: Windows was unable to install your Intel High Definition Audio, could not find driver software for your device.
Ran Windows updates (34 important) did not resolve driver issue.

Can you please help me find a solution

Regards
Vince

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Intel-High-Definition-Audio-driver-is-not-installed-Code-28/td-p/5833092
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,
It's been months since I got this 7601 geunine problem and after years of smoothly using my windows 7 from out of the blue this thing land on and I can't fix it even though I tried every possible method.

Anyway with this problem came another problem,whenever I connect my hdmi cable to my tv the video works fine but the audio doesn't work because windows can't install the driver which will later show me an option in the sound control of my lg tv so I can configure it on.I have realtek driver for audio and it has no connection with the cable,and the cable audio did work before when windows was all right.

The driver says the problem code is 0000000A
driver version is 6.1.7601.17514
Manufactur is Microsoft and not Realtek
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394815-windows-high-definition-audio-device-driver-cannot-installed.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Yesterday I was able to download the RealTek High Definition Audio Driver but today I can't. It is saying the page is not found. Please fix it so I can fix my computers!!!!

Thanks

A:RealTek High Definition Audio Driver broken link

Please include an URL so we can check it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-broken-link.27230/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,
It's been months since I got this 7601 geunine problem and after years of smoothly using my windows 7 from out of the blue this thing land on and I can't fix it even though I tried every possible method.

Anyway with this problem came another problem,whenever I connect my hdmi cable to my tv the video works fine but the audio doesn't work because windows can't install the driver which will later show me an option in the sound control of my lg tv so I can configure it on.I have realtek driver for audio and it has no connection with the cable,and the cable audio did work before when windows was all right.

The driver says the problem code is 0000000A
driver version is 6.1.7601.17514
Manufactur is Microsoft and not Realtek
Thanks

A:Windows high definition audio device driver cannot be installed

Hi NG1,
As you have an Asus, use the inbuilt Asus updater, it will check all your drivers and tell you what you need, and the option to install.
ROY

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/394815-windows-high-definition-audio-device-driver-cannot-installed.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Software Platform:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (+ latest updates)

Hardware Specification:
Intel G620 2.66GHz
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Galaxy Geforce 9600GT 512MB

I have installed Realtek Audio Driver from Gigabyte Website and there is sound but i always get the "found new hardware prompt" on startup... on Device manager i get the yellow question mark under other devices with these details:

General:

Code:

Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Details:

Code:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101&.....

i tried googling Vendor 8086 & Device 2806 with no luck...

Help please...

Relevancy 95.03%

Hi.. I've been searching and searching for this driver with no luck to be found any help on finding this driver would be appreciated.

A:SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec 64bit Driver Needed

Hi Doomz, my search has brought up the following:

> Sigmatel STAC 9200 Series audio driver 6.1 for Vista
> SigmaTel Windows XP x64 Modified Driver
> Sigmatel AC97 audio driver 5.1 for Vista x64
> Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio for Vista x64

Sources are available here, here, and here.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/190577-sigmatel-high-definition-audio-codec-64bit-driver-needed.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi

I recently installed the program, Driver Sweeper, which picked up a problem with my audio driver, Realtek High Definition Audio after my speakers had been making some static sounds while playing audio. After running Driver Sweeper and cleaning the driver I restarted the computer.

When I returned to windows my driver had been uninstalled. Windows ran a troubleshooter when I clicked on the volume controls. Then it automatically installed the same driver back again. My speakers continue to make the same sounds after this and if I run Driver Sweeper again the same thing happens again. I'm not sure whether I should install a different audio driver or something.

Thanks for the help

Brainfreeze123

A:Realtek High Definition Audio driver problem and speaker static

Hi Brian Go to the Asus site and download the latest driver for your sound card using such programs like Driver Sweeper cause more problems than they cure in my opinion .

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/282451-realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-problem-speaker-static.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a laptop with Vista OS and want to have Realtek HD Audio Driver installed I downloaded one High installing Vista for Definition Audio Problems Realtek Driver of the many Vista packages from the Realtek site and restarted my computer But I didn t see the Realtek driver icon at the bottom of my toolbar I uninstalled my IDT audio driver the default my laptop comes with when it s bought because I was told by the person from which I first heard about Realtek it was getting in the way of Realtek working So Problems installing Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista I uninstalled IDT and now my speakers don t emit sound anymore Just headphones I looked for the Realtek icon but still don t Problems installing Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista see it I searched through google and apparently I need DirectX I downloaded because it was listed as the version specifically for Vista I reinstalled Realtek again and again restarted my computer I still don t see the icon What did I do wrong Please help me I can t find anyone else with this problem but me nbsp

A:Problems installing Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista

Are u shure you installed realtek audio driver correctly?If you installed it correctly then go to your control panel there you will find Realtek HD sound effect manager open it then click on the i buttton at left corner below then tick the show icon on desktop.think this will help you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-installing-realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-for-vista.945022/
Relevancy 95.03%

?SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC? driver for ?Windows 7 64bits?, ?Sony Vaio VGN FZ 240 E?

Could you please help me in finding the driver for ?SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC? for ?windows 7 64bits? for my ?Sony Vaio VGN FZ 240 E? laptop.

I checked the site:

Sony eSupport - VGN-FZ240E - Support

but sounds not to include:
1. Sounds card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
2. Web camera: Sony visual communication camera vgp-vcc8
3. Display Card: Mobile Intel? 965 Express Chipset Family

Thank you very much

Best

Jamal

A:“SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC” driver for “Windows 7 64bits”,

SigmaTel was purchased by IDT about 5 years ago and rebranded IDT. Some older SigmaTel devices will not work with the newer IDT drivers.

Do a internet search for IDT drivers, but no guarantee they will work.

The generic Windows installed basic function HD Audio Codec drivers, if installed may be the best you can do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/273582-sigmatel-high-definition-audio-codec-driver-windows-7-64bits.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello. I just recently updated my Lenovo Y530 Ideapad to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 from Windows Vista Home Premium x64. After I updated my laptop, I went to adjust the sound and I noticed that I had 3 sound devices that all said Speakers. I then went to the Device Manager and saw that under the Sound,video, and game controllers tab that one of the sound drivers said "High Definition Audio Device". Before upgrading to Windows 7, the driver said it was a Realtek driver. I have tried to get back the Realtek driver, however, when it finishes installing I end up with no sound. Is there anyway I can get back my Realtek drivers?

A:Realtek Driver replaced with "High Definition Audio Device"

Download the latest Realtek driver.
Realtek

Or, you can get the Lenovo older driver, which may be more compatible with your hardware.
http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles...N2AUD09WW6.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/236337-realtek-driver-replaced-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Just reinstalled windows definition device Formula audio -- on audio ASUS Maximus bus high xp Reinstalled all my drivers but I'm not sure what this quot audio device on high definition audio bus quot driver is that device driver has put that yellow question mark next to I've looked and audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula looked on Google it seems some audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula people have fixed with video card drivers others motherboard drivers I'm using a fatality pro soundblaster card I've tried to download the audio drivers for the maximus formula but I believe this goes to the sound card that comes with the mobo which I am not using When I try to install it says that it doesn't match my hardware and aborts I have also disabled on-board sound or the equivalent thereof for this board in BIOS My chipset is X and my SB is IR ICH R Also if it helps the device instance id is Quote HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV AA amp SUBSYS AA amp REV amp A amp amp Oh and thanks

A:audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula

Are you getting sound through the sound card? Did you install the drivers to the sound card? Try to enable on-board and see if you get sound from the card? After you enable on-board, install drivers for it, then go back and disable it so it might shut up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-asus-maximus-formula-283675.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello my name is steven and I would like to begin by saying that and Audio Solved: audio IDT RAM limit code 10 high definition codec I am an amateur Solved: RAM limit and Audio IDT high definition audio codec code 10 when it comes to working with computers I wanted to free up space to operate my computer faster and hopefully stop lagging while playing games or just browsing for that matter and it seems the only certain amount of RAM to add to increase my speed is the lowest that is sold kingston technology which is a GB card Unfortunately being the amateur I am I was stumped here http www kingston com us memory system specific server where they ask for my manufacturer product line and model I plugged in all the numbers I could think of that might work for each but nothing matched when it came to the model and I personally have no clue what my product line is so as I said I Solved: RAM limit and Audio IDT high definition audio codec code 10 was just guessing I have all the information about my computer from what I believe to be the complete transcript of it and I just need to be able to answer the questions on kingston technologie s website so I can get my recommended RAM card that will hopefully be compatible with my computer Nothing about product line is stated and the manufacturer of the cpu is unclear and so I would like help identifying the answers to the three questions posed on kingston technologies website IDT High definition audio codec code The title explains it all I went into device manager and the only thing with an on it was the IDT high definition audio codec and quot PCI simple communications controller quot beside it under the same category The IDT high definition audio codec is filed under quot sound cards quot in my computer s information software so I presume it is the ultimate cause of my problem where no sound is being played through any speaker or headset I have tried It also displays code quot this device cannot start quot beside it when I look at it s properties in the device manager and I tried updating the driver but the latest version was already installed If I could recieve help on this problem that would be much appreciated thank you for reading nbsp

A:Solved: RAM limit and Audio IDT high definition audio codec code 10

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238409 MB, Free - 192384 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0FJ030
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

These are my computer stats using the techguy's software to identify my information

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ram-limit-and-audio-idt-high-definition-audio-codec-code-10.1053546/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, please help.
I accidentally uninstalled audio device on high definition audio bus...now it has a yello exclamation mark and won't update. Under audio it says I have no audio device. I have windows XP, service 3 pack... and I hope this is the number you would need 55274-640-8725436-23218? thanks

A:No sound, accidentally uninstalled audio device on high definition audio bus

What is the make and model# of your computer? Or if a custom build, the make and model# of your motherboard? Go to the Manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site, type in your make and model # and download the Audio Driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-accidentally-uninstalled-audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-659201.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows 10 was automatically installed on my HP Envy Phoenix desktop computer. Prior to this installation, I had audio. Now I have received a message that says, "No Audio Device is installed.  I tried every troubleshooting strategy that has been suggested but without success. I try everything and even on You Tube Video How to fixed it. I keep getting this messages: IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f, Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found. Audio services not responding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Re-Tempo-Audio-Device-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/td-p/5575273
Relevancy 82.99%

On my lenovo T61 I just installed windows xp and there are quite a few drivers missing that i am looking for. I found what I thought was the solution to the audio problem here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-67816
but it didn't seem to work. Since I don't have internet on the computer i just switched to xp, I downloaded what was on that website onto a usb drive and then installed it on the computer I'm trying to fix. It still says that I am missing the "audio device on high definition audio bus". Shouldn't the file at the above link take care of the problem? Anyone know where I could find the driver I need?

A:audio device on high definition audio bus missing for xp pro on lenovo t61 pc

bad thing about IBM's website is they sometimes post more than one driver. Look through the list to see if there are anymore audio drivers for Xp listed.

I could look, but IBM's site needs the unit type in order to look for drivers/manuals. 4 diget number on the white sticker on bottom of the laptop. for example

- ThinkPad R61(type):
- 7732, 7733, 7735, 7736, 7737, 7738, 7742
- 7743, 7751, 7753, 7754, 7755
- 8914, 8918, 8919, 8920, 8927, 8928, 8929
- 8942, 8943, 8944, 8945, 8947, 8948, 8949

those are laptop types that IBM uses, am sure you noticed that on the page you linked :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-missing-for-xp-pro-on-lenovo-t61-pc-284696.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I think my question is this how do I set up VSX- a Pioneer AVR in Control Panel Sound and Hardware Sound so that its driver is Realtek HD Audio and not the Intel Display Audio one In Device Manager under Sound Video and game controllers I have two sound card drivers Realtek High Definition and Intel Display Audio I don't understand Audio Realtek Definition and High Intel Display Audio how Realtek High Definition Audio drivers work in relation to the Intel Display Audio drivers If I go to Control Panel Hardware and Sound Sound then Playback there are four options as you can see from the picture below I'm guessing that if I choose Realtek High Definition Audio and Intel Display Audio the receiver as my default device that I'm using the Intel Display Audio drivers and any of the other three options that I'm using the Realtek drivers Is this correct If the receiver is the default device everything works fine I Realtek High Definition Audio and Intel Display Audio get sound from sites like cnn com and I can listen to internet radio etc However if Speakers are the default device I don't get sound Is this normal If so what's the reason for having Realtek If it isn't normal will I notice a difference if I use the Realtek drivers If I would see hear a difference how do I get them to work

A:Realtek High Definition Audio and Intel Display Audio

The RealTek is for the regular PC sound. The Intel Display Audio is for HDMI sound. If an HDMI cable is plugged in Windows will automatically default to the HDMI as the "default playback device". If you have an HDMI cable plugged in and want the PC sound you must manually change the playback device. If you want both HDMI and PC audio, you can't have that as Windows will only allow one default audio playback device.

Does this answer the question?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/351115-realtek-high-definition-audio-intel-display-audio.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I have several computers of differents (HP, Toshiba, etc) and It happens the same problem. The audio device has an exclamation mark in Device Manager.

I think this problem is caused by some update windows. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 32bits .

Does anyone know what Windows Update should be uninstalled ?

Thank You.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/392123-problem-high-definition-audio-realtek-hd-audio-code.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Motherboard :asus p5kpl-am se (no sound card)
vendor id :1106
device id :0397
problem: digital audio (S/PDIF) no sound

i've download numerous latest driver on the official website of VIA and installed it, yet no different..
i wonder if anybody can help me with the link or another solution..

A:VIA High Definition Audio ,no sound digital audio (S/PDIF)

Answered on your other duplicate post. To get speaker or headphone audio you need to set the "Speakers" as the default audio playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/277310-via-high-definition-audio-no-sound-digital-audio-s-pdif.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello, i have a problem with my sound. there is a Yellow Question mark beside Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. I have a Windows XP SP3. The Computer model i use is IBM ThinkCentre M52 8215 EKU. This is the error i get in System Information:

Code:

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1981&SUBSYS_101402F9&REV_1002\4&310C0C77&1&0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.

A:Audio device on high definition audio bus problem

Try the driver HERE

That driver doesn't have an installation executable so also see How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-problem.174276/
Relevancy 82.13%

Everytime my CPU is forced to do a task like switching wifi connections, openning applications and stuff my audio gets distorted i have no idea why because ive been using my laptop for almost 2 years now and ive been having this problema for about a month now, here is what ive already done:

-Completely restore my computer to its original state
-Uninstall and reinstall audio codec

I dont know what to do now to be honest i would really appreciate your help, i know this probem can be solved.

Thank you so much for your time.

About my laptop:

HP Pavillion dv4-4068la
Windows 7 Home Premium
IDT High Definition Audio Codec

A:Distorted audio with IDT High Definition audio codec

Hello chalotn where did yo download the driver for the audio from? If it was through the Device Manager I am not real keen on that method preferring the sound device or machine manufacturer's site/s.

Try this Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv4-4068la Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support < open up the the top ref

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/281608-distorted-audio-idt-high-definition-audio-codec.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 23-d000elProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz      3.30GHzInstalled memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3,87 GB usable)System type: 64-bit Operating SystemPen and Touch: touch support with 10 touch pointsWindows 10 Home After formatting i've been surfing the internet,when i noticed the audio wasn't working;i've already tried to fix the problem: i've tried to install the drivers but it says: "The device driver has been detected , but it was an error during installation." and "A device connected to the system is not in operation." I don't know what to do,can someone help me?(I want to clarify that I am Italian and therefore not everything is perfect.  ^^ )

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Problema-Windows-10-gt-Audio-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/td-p/5652996
Relevancy 82.13%

Can anyone advise on how to solve this problem. I had to format and reinstall window Xp Pro. And now I have no sound, In device manager there is a caution sign on the above. I dont now if its conected but the keyboard also has a problem the pound sign is not working I get a # instead. the @ sign is where the " mark is. any help. I think it is driver issue. I have registered with hardware helper at cost but still no joy. Any free download fixes please. Mike

A:Audio Device on high Definition audio Bus problems

For the keyboard, if you are in the UK, get to 'Control Panel', 'Regional & Language', 'Keyboards and Languages'.Select 'Change keyboards' then scroll down and look for 'English - UK'.You may have to change anything else in that window which is 'US' and set it to 'UK'.

For the audio, you need to give us some info re your setup. I only do telepathy after 4 cups of coffee and I'm on #2.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-problems-532705.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My speakers work, my head phones work when I switch over to them yet I have "four" yellow explanation points in my device manager as well as four times at start up I get found new hardware. I have been just canceling them when they pop up. I just reformatted this pc. What is going on here? What I do have connected is A) USB head phones B) USB mouse C) USB Keyboard D) Web Cam E) USB printer

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
KB888
ADDED: I was just looking in my add/remove programs and I have never seen this one before. "It has listed there High Definition Audio package-KB888111"

Now I am wondering if I removed it if it will get rid of the yellow explanations that I have which is 4

Relevancy 82.13%

Dear helpful people

I was uninstalling some programs last night, and I somehow accidentally uninstalled my audio driver. Now whenever I turn on my PC, it says there is a new audio device on high definition audio bus, but that it can't find the driver for it. All advice on other sites said to download and install RealTek, which I have and restated my computer, but I still get the "not finding the driver" error. Is there some step I am forgetting to do, or could there be something else wrong?

I assume you need more details, but I am not sure what to give, just ask and I will get them to you right away.

A:No sound from audio device on high definition audio bus

I have now found out that device is SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio, but now whenever I try and install the setup for the driver, I get an error saying
"The audio Driver files do not support your computer hardware"

I am starting to think I uninstalled something really important, do you have any idea what I should check to ensure all the proper audio files are there, or how to replace them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-from-audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-449019.html
Relevancy 82.13%

After restarting my pc from using CCleaner to get rid of BSOD that was being caused by what was left of the NCH software my audio stopped working I decided to use the backup reg that was made and BSOD came back but no audio I have contacted my manufacturer but they wouldn t help with out a cost I have tried uninstalling the IDT HDA driver and rebooting the system but it I still have no IDT Audio: Definition High Audio Issue CODEC With audio Also none of my playback devices are showing which are onboard so I can t unplug and reconnect Is there a way to fix this Or will I have to pay Issue With Audio: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC for service Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AE Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:Issue With Audio: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

I was able to fix a similar issue by updating drivers for IDT High Definition CODEC through the Device Manage in Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-audio-idt-high-definition-audio-codec.1139527/
Relevancy 82.13%

Sound was ok but stopped working at one instant. PC was upgrade to WIN10 just before the free deadline. Was all good for some time but now I cant get it to work. From feedback that I've seen I have to provide the HARDWARE IDS values as this will help the source of the problem.The following is the value from the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, properties: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1893&REV_1001HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1893 Any help PLEASE. THANKS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC-WINDOWS10-no-more-audio/td-p/5783972
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any such program from IDT for High Definition Audio for my computer. The program I am trying to find allows you to adjust (referred to as an equalizer) the sound, for example like the one built-into Windows Media Player, as well as enhance the overall sound (by giving more control over microphones such as boost, etc). On my desktop, there is a similar program called Intel Audio Studio if that helps to describe the program more sufficiently.

My computer is the HP Mini 1000 and it is currently running Windows XP Home. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/idt-high-definition-audio.792287/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello Everyone My girlfriend bought me a new computer as the last one decided to die on me I have had this audio High Definition VIA new one now for around VIA High Definition audio a month its not a VIA High Definition audio massively high tech machine with really sophisticated graphics cards an stuff but its doe s the trick for keeping me in touch with the outiside world tho I do have a problem with I think is the sound card driver I am not a total computer boffin who knows alot of deep in theory stuff about computers but I would like to think I know my fair share anyway the problem is that I get quite alot of crackling noises from my speakers everytime I play my music via my windows media player so naturally I did alittle research on the net when I came across a site that had the option to download AUDIGY SOUND CARD DRIVERS which solves crackling sound problems downloading from the mirror option was great but when I tried to open it via a burning programme called gt gt ImgBurn well ImgBurn just kept prompting me that the file was an gt gt invalid or unsupported image file format the iso being gt gt SBAXWXCD even when I downloaded the ImgBurn programme well with the actual download there was a step by step picture text tutorial of how to load up the iso file properly so I knew that I did everything the right way but after a few attempts I just gave up hence gt gt invalid or unsupported image file format then I came across this site and found the option to download gt gt VIA HD Audio driver package v b so I went to my system properties in control panel via device manager and checked out the version of the driver that I had and its a VIA High Definition Audio so that is slightly below v b but of course that may be from its last update from whatever version it was beforehand but then I also noticed that in the gt gt sound video game controllers list that the driver usage window is blank in audio codecs legacy audio drivers legacy video capture devices media controll devices and video codecs is that normal only the driver usage window is enabled in VIA High Definition Audio Properties anyway I have before today opened up a computer cabinet so I am not entirely reluctant about dong something like that although because I am totally in the dark about what may be causing the crackling sounds I don t want to start faffing around with delving into the cabinet of the computer where all the slots are oh this is my motherboard gt gt M N T-M V Motherboard purrs like a kitten tho I am slightly getting worried now only I know that it can be sorted out somehow only I need some help and I would be greatly appreciated for any feedback on this topic thank you so much in advance p s to the owners of this forum I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong forum nbsp

A:VIA High Definition audio

Okay,
what version of Windows are you running? Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

"legacy audio drivers' .. 'legacy video capture devices' .. 'media controll devices' and 'video codecs' .. is that normal?"... YES

Be sure to run Windows Update until there are no more updates found

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/via-high-definition-audio.164340/
Relevancy 80.84%

recently downgraded from vista to xp pro, now i have no sound. ive uninstalled and reinstalled read every forum i could find, downloaded driver scanners and i cant seem to find a solution to the problem. any help would be appreciated

if you need any more info feel free to message me

A:Audio device on high definition audio bus

You have to install the audio driver of your laptop model from its manufacturers site for XP
Vista Drivers don't work for XP & ViceVersa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus.783088/
Relevancy 80.84%

After I disassembled and reassembled my laptop I turned it on and there on High Audio Audio Bus Device Definition was no sound Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus coming from the speakers I thought I must have forgot to plug in the small speaker cord from underneath the motherboard so I reassembled it again I cannot say that the cord was unplugged because when I disassembled it again I ripped the ribbon cable from the power board so I was distracted by that the ribbon cable is sticky on one side and apparently it got loose and somehow it got mixed up with the DVD case so when I pulled out the DVD case it ripped the cable After I was sure that the speaker cable was plugged in and after I replaced the ribbon cable I reassembled it and there was still no sound When I open the device manager I see a yellow exclamation mark next to Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus I tried updating installing it but it says windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it High Definition Audio Device The system cannot find the file specified I went to the ASUS page and downloaded Realtek High Definition Audio but again no change Also system sounds are OK e g when there's an UAC notification Thanks for all your help

A:Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Did you uninstall all of the audio drivers before trying to install the new ones. If one of the files was unchanged by the update but corrupted or missing that could explain the problem.
Keep us posted

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563406/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus/
Relevancy 80.84%

so a few months ago we lost sound to our speakers my brother blamed it on me i went through the computer stuff and there was a giant over the audio device on high definition audio bus so i tried to reinstall it only to find out we didnt have the disk i needed so i tried to find a torrent online with no luck so today as a last resort i went into my system restore it has been High Device Definition Bus Audio Audio on activated since we first bought the computer so i had many checkpoints to refer to but when i went back a day ahead of the removal of the audio device on high definition audio bus it gave me an error saying that my computer could not Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus restore the computer to december th so i tried november th no luck december th december and even to yesturday february every time it told me that my computer could not restore to such and such date so now im here looking for a Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus for a Windows XP Home Edition Nettops bought in

A:Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

What is the make and model # of your computer? If you have a name brand computer (HP, Dell etc) you can go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site, type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the specific audio driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-628930.html
Relevancy 80.84%

ok i want the latest version of IDT HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC there is the website hp were i get my drivers from for my sound i used to have the latest which allows me to have really high quality sound and bass now im stuck with a 2009 version and i can't seem to upgrade now that i have reformatted and installed brand new copy of windows 7 i am not to sure what to do i have looked everywere there has to be someone who can help me please

A:Idt high definition audio codec

Because of custom implementation by PC Vendors, IDT does not provide drivers on their web site, they direct you to the PC or Motherboard vendor for the drivers. I have an Intel motherboard with SigmaTel integrated audio, when I was using it (I have a separate sound card now) and later an IDT driver update, from Intel, I heard NO DIFFERENCE in sound quality between the drivers. I can be picky about sound as I have a Recording Studio.

If your PC Vendor, and I gather HP from your post, does not have an updated driver usually non HP drivers will either not work or not work correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/147792-idt-high-definition-audio-codec.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I was recording some music using a 1/4 to 1/8 inch converter in my mic jack. When I pulled the converter out of the jack, my computer made an extremely loud, continuous beep. I had to restart in safe mode to get it to stop. I disabled realtek high definition audio and restarted my computer normally, and the sound was gone, but I can't get sound without realtek working. Does anyone know how to fix my problem?

A:Realtek High Definition Audio

you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers through your device manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-high-definition-audio.98306/
Relevancy 80.84%

Where can I find the latest update for my High Definition Audio Device (Microsoft manufacturer)? I tried searching both on Microsoft and Google and couldn't find anything legit. Why is it so hard to find this? The latest version I have is 19/11/2010.

A:High Definition Audio Device

Why do you need to update?

Microsoft doesn't make hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-definition-audio-device.1045712/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

I'm getting the following message:

'Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device'...

It appears that the High Definition Audio Controller is having a problem installing (The System cannot find the file specified).

I have tried downloading the latest driver, but it still doesn't appear to install.

Does anyone know of a way to solve this - I've tried a lot of different things, but I still get the message that there is 'No Audio Output Device is Installed'.

Thanks,
Gub

A:High Definition Audio Controller

Hi Gub,

I'm assuming that this is onboard audio. Check in Device Manager to see if your audio device is listed under Sound, video and game controllers. Double click on the audio device and see what it says in Device status.

You might also check in your BIOS to make sure that the onboard audio is enabled.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/110533-high-definition-audio-controller.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, my laptop is NEC Versa M350 on Win 7, but I have no sound.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_C00B1631&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_C00B1631
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_0401

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Relevancy 80.84%

After re-downloading Realtek Audio to my new hard drive, it did not include the "playback equalization" feature that was in the original software. This feature allows all music played on my WMP to be heard at the same volume level. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Michael

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-high-definition-audio.843665/
Relevancy 80.84%

After a clean reinstall windows 10 I have no driver device for IDT High Definition Audio CodecI cannot get one from HP support no available for p6-2375eoI would like to know how and where I can get a device compatible with windows 10 if possibleeverything else works perfect but there is no soundany ideas pleaseBK 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:IDT High Definition Audio Codec

Hi: Try the W8.1 driver from your PC's support and driver page... This package provides the driver for the IDT High Definition Audio solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp63932.exe You can see in the conversation below that this worked for another forum member with the IDT audio on a notebook PC after upgrading to W10 and losing sound. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/No-sound-after-Windows-10-Upgrade/m-p/5261703#M69344

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-Codec/td-p/5265634
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello my problem is that my new hp envy m - dx is not giving out audio output when a headset is connected however the audio IDT drive definition High external speakers are working perfectly A close observation show that under the device manager the audio playback icon for IDT High definition audio drive headset does not change its settings automatically to default device as it should normally do but instead the external speakers remain the default device while the headphone remains on default communication device An attempt to change this settings manually when headphone is connected proves abortive also an attempt to update the drive also says the the installed drive is the latest for my system pls help me out the system info is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard A Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

hi, i just updated from win xp pro 32bit to win 7 ultimate 64bit on my dell XPS 710 and now i'm getting a code 10 on my high def audio, all the blogs that i'v been reading have not worked for me. I just can't find a working high definition audio driver anywhere so far. Right now i have IDT high def audio driver version 6.10.6224.7 driver date 7-12-10. I tryed going to dell site but my sevice tag give me drivers for xp pro 32 bit. This is really making my head hurt , someone please help me find a working driver. If i went out right now and got a new sound card would it come with the drivers i need?

A:IDT high definition audio ( code 10) help

i just removed my sound card and i have sound now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/idt-high-definition-audio-code-10-help.983093/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello I've been having quite a problem with my laptop Upon being turned on the built-in speakers will play sound for a few minutes before cutting off I've cornered reasons that trigger it Naturally after nbsp anywhere between a couple of seconds and minutes Plugging anything Audio High CODEC IDT Definition nbsp into the jack Switching the media being played say click on another youtube IDT High Definition Audio CODEC video play another track from iTunes etc I had found a temporary solution to the problem which was to nbsp use a bluetooth speaker which's sound I suppose relied on a different device driver to work proprely In addition I had to have one media file playing continuously with or without audio for the sound not to abruptly cut off when I decided to play any other video or listen to any other music Trigger reason Hence the first tab I had to open was a h Nyan Cat video that I let roll on minimum volume whilst I did other things nbsp Bear in mind this 'solution' was nbsp necessary nbsp to the bluetooth speakers functioning and USB headsets work the same way It does not work at all on the built-in speakers or on any playback device plugged into the jack I've tried so many different things nbsp It's been about months since this awfully frustrating problem nbsp began Help me please PC specs HP Envy -j nf go RAMIntel Core -MQ GHzWindows bitPlease let me know if you need any additional information on my computer or on what I have already tried out Thank you in advance James

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/td-p/5653470
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm trying to disable: 'MS UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio' in Task Manager, but every time I restart, the disablement gets cancelled and its back on again.

Have also tried uninstalling the driver, but it gets reinstalled when Windows next starts up.

Is there any way I can stop this happening?

It seems disabling this driver could be the answer to the high CPU readings I have been getting when installing ATI graphics driver.

A:Disabling High Definition Audio

Rather then disable it, why not update the audio driver from your computer manufacturers support/download drivers site.
If you want to disable the driver, go to Device Manager and open Sound, Video and Game Controllers and right click the driver here and choose Disable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disabling-high-definition-audio-645344.html
Relevancy 80.84%

HEY Everyone,I do not know if i have been the biggest dummie on the planet eart,i have installet high definition audio drivers witch i thourgt came from REALTEK,but when i open audiounits there only is high definition audio and before it said:realtek high definition audio,there is not ecxatly a problem because i have srs hd audio lab(Audio plugin)installed cood someone please help me and explain if there is a problem or not,it was supposed to be an update of realtek i dont know anything right now.Kind Regards Asser

A:Realtek & high definition audio?

You should either "rollback" the drivers to RealTek or reinstall RealTek. Usually, the "High Definition Audio" is a generic driver that Windows (Microsoft) provides. Do not allow Windows to automatically update/install the sound driver (some of the other drivers are OK).

If you want to try the rollback first, to to the Device Manager, and the properties for the sound device. Click the Driver Tab and then Click the Roll Back button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/185456-realtek-high-definition-audio.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I cannot seem to install any audio driver on my PC. Upon startup, a dialog box saying that the driver for the Audio Device on High Definition Audio is not configured. I tried installing it from Realtek, but nothing happens. Also, I tried installing it from my Nvidia chipset driver, but also nothing happened. What can I do?

Relevancy 80.84%

sorry if this sounds stuiped but what is a 8-channel High Definition Audio?? I have brought a pc with an intrigated 8-channel High Definition Audio soudncard on the mother board but i dunno if i will be able to add some 5.1 Speakers to the pc? Anyway thanks for any help you can give - Adam

A:What is a 8-channel High Definition Audio?

8-channel refers to how many different.... channels... your sound chip can split sound into. Your motherboard allows you to have 8 speakers set up, and each one will function on a separate channel, which means making their own sound appropriate to the music/game/sound effect etc.

Your motherboard also comes with software for controlling the sound chip. In this software you can configure it to work with varios setups, including 5.1 speakers. Just mess around with your settings, and you'll find it in there somewhere.

If you can't find it, tell us what your motherboard is, and someone can help you make the adjustments.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-a-8-channel-high-definition-audio.37201/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an Inspiron E1705 I recently upgraded to Windows XP with sp3 I had to get the OS re-installed now I don't have any sound at all and no 3D for my games I have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC with an ! in front of it in the device manager and when I check the properties i get code 10 device cannot start what can I do to fix the problem? I'm also having a problem with my video controller I don't have 3D anymore.

A:IDT High definition audio CODEC

Hi scruffydog420

1) Go to Device Manager and uninstall the IDT item from the Sound... category.
2) Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics devices listed in the Display... category.
3) From the Dell Support Website download
-----> the Dell Notebook System Software
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=160873
-----> the Intel Mobile Chipset Driver
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=149851
-----> the Sigmatel Audio Driver
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=235761

Install them in this order:
1) Install the Dell Notebook System Software
2) Reboot
3) Install the Intel Moblile Chipset Driver
4) Reboot
5) Install the Sigmatel Audio Driver
6) Install the Graphics driver that matches your hardware. It will be one of the following =
.....a) Radeon Mobility x1400
.....b) Intel G945GM
.....c) nVidia GeForce Go 7800
.....d) nVidia GeForce Go 7900S

The graphics drivers are on the following Dell webpages:
a) Radeon Mobility x1400
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=171076
b) Intel G945GM
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=205126
c) nVidia GeForce Go 7800
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=150898
d) nVidia GeForce Go 7900S
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=211495

If you are unsure which graphics device is in your laptop, visit Dell.com, select Support, select Drivers, and enter the Service Tag number on the sticker on the bottom of your notebook --- it should list the device in your system. Note that you can find any other drivers that you might otherwise be missing there: such as for the network or the touchpad.

That should do it.
Best of luck
. . . Gary

[the "IDT" device listing is a misdetection, because Windows XP doesn't have enough information on the devices in your notebook].

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/idt-high-definition-audio-codec-516586.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and i need your help.
I have a laptop Inspiron 6400 with Window 7 Home Premium x64 , but my sound is not working, there's a speaker on the right hand corner but has an (X) on the speaker, i checked with the DEVICE MANAGER and saw an yellow (!) on High Definition Audio Controller. i have tried many different ways that i researched on google for the whole week ,but got no luck so can someone help me please? all methods to fix this problem are welcome!!

Thank you very much.

A:I really need someone to help me with HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CONTROLLER

Check this thread out...
dell inspiron 6400 drivers for win 7

Several with same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95585-i-really-need-someone-help-me-high-definition-audio-controller.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I lost my sound.

I installed the High Def Audio Codecs from the Realtek website and executed that - nothing.
I uninstalled the device and went to add new devices - it found the device, and still didnt work.
The exact description of the problem is -
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
Theres a ton of things in the sound, video and game controllers that have yellow exclamation marks by them. And I need the sound before I go back to college.
Someone please help!

A:Realtek High Definition Audio HELP

It is best to get the driver from the manufacturer of the computer and/or soundcard, rather then Realtek

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192663/realtek-high-definition-audio-help/
Relevancy 80.84%

PC Info: Windows edition: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 Model: HP Elitebook 8440pProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M520 @2.40GHzInstalled Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB (1.86 GB Usable)System Type: 64 - bit Operating System Problem:At first my laptop was not able to detect earphones that I plug in so I decided to install a driver from HP for my laptop.  I couldn't find one specifically for Windows 7 Ultimate so I downloaded the one for Windows 7 Professional. Ever since I installed the driver, the earphones work fine now but the laptop speakers does not work. When I click the volume icon in the notification area and I play music or video it indicates that there is sound playing. I tried reinstalling the driver but it still doesn't work.  Hoping you can help me with this one. Thank you in advance! 

A:IDT High Definition Audio Codec

Hi, Here are a couple of thing to check. 1.  Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu, then select f10 to enter the Bios Menu. Under the System configuration tab, expand 'Built in Device Options' and check that both 'Audio Device' & 'External Speakers' are both selected - save any change before exiting. 2,  If the bios shows the above options are already checked, try the following. Download the IDT HD Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59291.exe When done, hold down the Windows key and press R Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall. When complete, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48432.exe When the Chipset reinstallation has completed, shutdown the notebook. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter. When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook and let windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-Codec/td-p/5588736
Relevancy 80.84%

Weird issue with AMD High Definition Audio Device and possibly AMD in general It's not very important if it's only for the HDMI device since I don't even use it lately but I'd like to see if there is a solution Basically the latest driver from catalyst package is but it won't update from without crashing the system while trying to do it with the main installer I wonder if there is a fix I know it's probably possible to force it otherwise e g do it with the GPU disabled or something but I mainly wonder if there is something more basic making it Audio AMD [..] High Device and Definition quirky since I'm not that interested in actually using it but in fixing it properly It's probably very related to a more severe issue Closing the lid often BSODs the system It's also possible to BSOD the system if the GPU is attempted to be disabled on non-safe mode This is a more easily googled issue Logs for that mainly point to Monitor sys which is in turn connected to the AMD High Definition Audio Device and [..] GPU Monitor sys is the generic driver so it can't be just that easily If I'm not mistaken the HDMI crash may also start from Monitor sys The GPU is a PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC The HDMI HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV AA amp SUBSYS AA

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/21739-amd-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am trying to determine what is the best High Definition Audio drivers for Windows XP Pro SP3, my systems are all SigmaTel STAC 9205 CODECS. I have installed ASIO4ALL.DLL for the High Definition Audio sound in Windows XP Pro SP3, when using Foobar and Winamp media players. Therefore ASIO4ALL.DLL only supplies High Definition Audio for Windows XP Pro SP3 when these media players are being used. What I am searching for is a High Definition Audio DLL for Windows XP Pro SP3 that will provide High Level Sounds for any sound source played through the system.

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-definition-audio-for-windows-xp-pro-sp3.749662/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey I have a problem with my laptop sound driver. When i play anything, the sound is distorted and has too much noise. can anyone send me a link that will allow me to download the right IDT driver for my laptop. serial no: CND3020QJBHP ENVY M6

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/IDT-High-Definition-Driver/td-p/5793043
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey

I have a problem with my laptop sound driver. When i play anything, the sound is distorted and has too much noise. can anyone send me a link that will allow me to download the right IDT driver for my laptop.

serial no: (removed content)
HP ENVY M6

A:IDT High Definition Driver

Hi: See if this driver works for you...Install and restart the PC. This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp63555.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/IDT-High-Definition-Driver/td-p/5793043
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello all,

I recently purchased an E-Machines W3623 Desktop PC with Windows Vista pre-installed. Worked out great except a lot of the programs I need to use aren't compatible with Vista yet. So anyway, I back up all my drivers using Driver Max and formatted the hard drive. Then I went ahead and did a clean install of Windows XP Professional edition. Everything is working fine and all my drivers backed up except for my High Definition Audio Controller. Its still appearing in the device driver list with an exclamation point beside it and no audio aside from the system beeping every once in a while. I've tried updating the driver and downloading the codec from Realtek's website but no luck yet. Its really become a headache and if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

The machine once again is an E-Machine W3623 Desktop PC
Windows XP Professional Edition
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 641
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

A:High Definition Audio Controller issues

Hi, Larry, and welcome to TSF!

Unfortunately, eMachines is not providing driver support for XP. Download Everest from my sig and create a full report in HTML or text format. Attach the report using the Attach option below the message box in the advanced reply page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/high-definition-audio-controller-issues-168334.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hopefully someone can help me here. I have a Gateway GM5474 with ntegrated 8-Channel (7.1) High Definition Audio. How do I use it? What kind of cables do I use to hook my speakers up to it? Do I use 3.5mm mono or stereo plugs for each input directly to my speakers or do I need some kind of mixer? Can I simply plug my subwoofer into the subwoofer jack and so forth? I can't find anything on the web to explain this to me. I want to use my speakers from my 7.1 home theater system that no longer works and plug them into my computer for surround sound. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Integrated 8-Channel (7.1) High Definition Audio

Make sure you have the latest audio driver from Gateway. The rear sound jacks are programmed by using the Realtek Audio software in the control panel. Each colored audio plug will have a place for front, rear, and subwoffer speakers. It is customary that Home Theater systems have a separate amplifier. You may not be able to get surround sound without using an external surround sound amp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-8-channel-7-1-high-definition-audio.129712/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey i have a hp pavilion dv6748us and its xp. i need modem device on high defininton audio bus can any1 help?

Thanks

A:Modem device on high definition audio bus

That device is generally just for faxing (if that makes a difference).
It is normally installed as part of the audio driver. (is your sound working?)

Go to the hp website, click support, look up your model number and they'll give you all the driver downloads. Reinstall the audio

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus.135957/
Relevancy 79.98%

so i installed 7 and my sound isnt working, cant for the life of me find a codec or driver or anything.

i did an everest report on my comp and it showed this
" Multimedia:
Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]
Audio Adapter Multimedia Audio Controller [NoDB]"

apparently the name of the card is High definition audio controller??

anyone else have a similar problem/know what to do?

A:High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]

All I can suggest is go to the site of the manufacturer of your audio device and download the drivers from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/33894-high-definition-audio-controller-nodb.html