Windows Support Forum

Solved: How do I save the software of an installation file?

Q: Solved: How do I save the software of an installation file?

Hello Everyone,

When I go to this official AOL site to download their AOL® Explorer 1.5

http://downloads.channel.aol.com/browser

I download a little file called

AOLDNLD_1_5.exe that is 399 kb

How can I save the main program it downloads which is much bigger?

I think it may be in a temp file on my hard drive but I don't know how to access it or keep it?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: How do I save the software of an installation file?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: How do I save the software of an installation file?

It goes here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL Downloads\AOLEXPLORER_1.5.22.1

I think this is the main file: WDInst.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-save-the-software-of-an-installation-file.523052/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all !

I am running windows 7 SP1

I want to download the german language pack, which is being offered in windows update.

But i want to save and have the installlation file of it, so that after reinstalling windows, will not have to dowanload it again.

Are there any ways ?

Thanks for Help.

A:How to save the installation file for german language pack ?

Download languages for Windows - Microsoft Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/202537-how-save-installation-file-german-language-pack.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all !

I am running windows 7 SP1

I want to download the german language pack, which is being offered in windows update.

But i want to save and have the installlation file of it, so that after reinstalling windows, will not have to dowanload it again.

Are there any ways ?

Thanks for Help.

A:How to save the installation file for german language pack ?

Hello mj2000,You can get the German Language Pack files from the following links:32 bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/updt/2011/02/windows6.1-kb2483139-x86-de-de_acb9b88b96d432749ab63bd93423af054d23bf81.exe64 bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/updt/2011/02/windows6.1-kb2483139-x64-de-de_4f4ce6bd38530b4a02199172863b21a0cba13773.exeHope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432389/how-to-save-the-installation-file-for-german-language-pack/
Relevancy 57.62%

I regularly run virus scans and try and clean up my computers either manually or invoked by Mcafee I m running XP SP on all my pcs I ve just had a trojan problem to fix and whilst working the the steps given to me I sent several hours wating for various scans to finish It reminded me that when I have been looking to free disk space my calculations never add up as there seems to be many megabytes probably Software Installation and Removing Logs File Old gigabytes of disk space hidden with Removing Old Installation File and Software Logs files that I have no knowledge of I often see as Removing Old Installation File and Software Logs they whizz by references tons of folders under windows and system folders starting with signs and having uninstall or IE or what look like old windows patch references I recently removed AVG from a laptop to install Mcafee but under All Users Application Data there are still folder references What happens to all the old Windows update patches once they are installed can they be deleted Is there sofwtare that does delete these types of files I have access to PCs and none of them do a full scan in less than hours Thanks In advance

A:Removing Old Installation File and Software Logs

FWIW: The length of a virus scan...depends on two factors: the program and the volume of files you are scanning.The length of a partition/drive scan, using chkdsk /r...depends on the condition of the partition and the size, as well as unexpected problems. When encountering a problem, chkdsk /r will try to resolve it over and over...until it's either forced to toss in the towel or it has done all that it can do.I think that...if you look at the sizes of the files that you seem to be concerned with...you'll see that you would gain much more hard drive space...by removing unnecessary, unused programs...and by copying music/video files to disc or another partition...than you will by ferreting out files such as you have mentioned.Considering the number of system files which exist (several hundred thousand on my system), I don't expect to know what they all are for. All I know is that my O/S tends to be problem-free and that's my goal.A typical suggestion that I would make to any user running XP...don't create a large partition for XP and programs. I create 20GB partitions and find that my O/S and my programs installed and all critical updates (close to 100 in addition to all thru SP3) take up about 11GB (including the pagefile).If a user only has one hard drive...he/she should partition it into a smaller system partition and large storage partitions...rather than install XP on 500GB hard drive/single partition.LouisA possibly useful tool: WinDirStat - http://download.cnet.com/WinDirStat/3000-2...4-10614593.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323579/removing-old-installation-file-and-software-logs/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to make the 'Libraries' folder structure appear when doing a file open file save. In both case I can see the folders labeled Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. but I cannot see the Libraries folder.

Is this possible? How?

Thank you,

OS

A:Solved: Question: How to see libraries in the File Save/File Open form

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-how-to-see-libraries-in-the-file-save-file-open-form.1119138/
Relevancy 53.75%

i have been given additions to MetaTrader software but when i get to the locaction i get the following message..

You do not have permission to save in this location
contact the administrator to obtain permission

this is my Vaio and i thought i had the administrator rights

can anyone help?

A:Solved: Want to save a .ex4 file

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileextensions/f/ex4file.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-want-to-save-a-ex4-file.1016306/
Relevancy 53.75%

Just reformatted my pc, I kept the save folder for "Just Cause" pc game, but, where in tarnations do I copy this file to. There isn't a save folder anywhere to be seen.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: just cause save file

Start a new game and save.. It may make a save folder. Then copy your saves.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-just-cause-save-file.514205/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi can anyone help, I've just bought some software Im trying to install on my pc, the installation sheild starts up the blue bar gets to 99% and stops, Ive tried several times loading from different places, I tried installing on another pc, It worked fine ! eureka,
but it wont work on my pc !
I changed the cd drive still no good, so I'm at a loss as what to do...............

Thanks and regards, john

A:Solved: Help software installation

I think you should wait a little longer at 99%. Five minutes or so. I had the same problems with some software and Win98, and waiting was the solution. Take a coffee-break. If it's still at 99% after the break, then I was wrong, and your case is different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-software-installation.490415/
Relevancy 53.32%

When scanning an article and trying browse to choose the folderto save to the browse dialog box is completely blank is this likely to be and epson problem or windows thanks for any info

Relevancy 53.32%

I have Password Safe and have all of my password saved in MS Word in a "letter." I would like to safe this "letter" to CD for safekeeping but can't seem to accomplish this task. I try to use "save as" and identify my CD Writer drive but it won't work. (I get a message saying something about it won't work. Does anyone know how I can save this MS Word file/"letter" on my CD? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone Before this I ve never had a computer problem that I Trying When to Restart Solved: Save File A could not solve This it seems is out of my league I ll appreciate any help I get on this issue First of all let me tell you how this problem started I had Windows XP but wanted to switch to Vista I ve already had Windows Vista come with the computer but had formatted the hard-drive and installed Windows XP so that my computer would work faster A few days earlier I decided to give Windows Vista another shot I formatted Solved: Restart When Trying to Save A File my computer and installed Vista After installing Vista I could not boot up the computer I was getting a weird error when when attempting to boot I thought I might ve done something wrong when installing it so I formatted again and re-installed Vista Still I got the same error I decided to go back to Windows XP Installing Windows XP was not a problem but now it seems that any time I try to save a file any kind of file be it a small text file created in Notepad or downloading something from the internet my computer automatically restarts itself I had re-installed the Windows XP again because I thought I might ve done something to it At first I could save files I installed the video card driver and the audio driver with no problems Than after a while and installing some other software Windows Live Messenger and Pokerstars I started to get the same problem I don t know how to fix this please help I ve looked around the forums and unchecked the Automatically Restart box when encountering an error But it hasn t fixed the problem nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Excel 2007 says the file is in use and won't save it, but no one else is using it. Have checked and Excel shows only one user. After some time, Excel will save the file.

Relevancy 52.89%

One of Word 5.0 Save/Save to with As/close file Acrobat installed XP Unable my user is having this problem on her Windows XP PC Dell GX with Windows XP Professional running MB Unable to Save/Save As/close Word XP file with Acrobat 5.0 installed RAM Office XP Acrobat When opening a Word file amp edited in Word XP the user cannot SAVE or use SAVE AS the file when try to exit out the file get prompt to either SAVE CLOSE or CANCEL the file at that point it will still not save the file the only way to exit the file is to hit CLOSE to exit I initially thought this might be a Word Xp problem so I ran the repair tool in Office XP that did not fix it I then uninstalled Office XP reinstalled Office XP but that also did not fix the problem I then ran the Office update to download the latest patches from MicroSoft but that also did not fix the problem I then UNINSTALLED Acrobat from the PC that FIXED the problem WITHOUT Acrobat on her PC the user was now able to open amp edit a Word file and able to SAVE the edited file also able use SAVE AS to save the file as a new copy I then reinstalled Acrobat thinking the previous copy of Acrobat on the PC might be corrupted as soon as Acrobat was back on the PC the same problem with the SAVE feature came back in Word XP I then installed the patch update for Acrobat that did not fix the problem At this point I am out of clues on how to fix it The user tried Acrobat before on the same PC but decided to reverse back to Acrobat because of format problem with so Acrobat is not an option for this user Could this really be a Word XP problem instead of an Acrobat problem Any help will be much appreciated Sincerely Keith L nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I own a HP Deskjet all in one printer but have failed to install it onto my PC.
When installing the software onto the PC, the screen readout says "this computer does not have the necessary USB software support to allow completion of a USB installation. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.."
My Toshiba C-6660 has windows 7 and is 64-bit.
Any help appreciated thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Software installation problem

Go to the HP site and download the latest drivers for 64 bit W7. If none are available, the printer isn't compatible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-software-installation-problem-593130.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I m new here and Solved: Issue Installation Software have a problem that has me pulling my hair out Most software installs on Solved: Software Installation Issue my PC without a hitch but there are some apps that just don t want to install I ve been trying specifically to install a program called e-sword I tried downloading it and installing it The installation wizard seemed to work just fine but then when I clicked on the icon it wanted to go through the installation process all over again I tried downloading it with no firewall and installing it with my antivirus program turned off but had the same results I clicked quot install as administrator quot and tried again but same results I went ahead and purchased the installation CD and when I downloaded it to my computer and installed it the same thing happened I have a Gateway DX B with Windows Home Premium An AMD Phenom IIX B processor GB DDR RAM and NVDIA GeForce GT video card Any info or help on this issue would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Recently I tried to install the ASUS pc probe for my motherboard... but I have encountered this error...

C:\winnt\system32\sutoexe.nt. The system file isnot suitable for runing Ms dos and mircrosoft windows aplications... choose close to terminate the application.
CLOSE IGNORE

? I may have formated my PC a month ago, but I remembered I have successfully installed the PC probe before so why now im getting this error...

Also this error seems to come up with when installing some other applications...
Help please.

A:Solved: software installation problem...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-software-installation-problem.314616/
Relevancy 52.89%

Wondershare WinSuite - Error At least one component is missing Try reinstalling the application I have tried this a number of times but always get the same error message The help I have received from WonderShare was You may click Start gt Run type msconfig Problem Software Solved: Installation into the box and then go to General reboot into quot Normal Startup quot and try again This has not worked I have also tried doing a complete uninstall using Revo Uninstaller To start with Solved: Software Installation Problem the installation was done with a download but since then I have received a CD but I still get the same error message Is there anything else I can try Any help Solved: Software Installation Problem would be appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce LE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Basswood Antivirus Virgin Media Security Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit installation problem Solved: Software Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P GD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I just purchased a new in Samsung CLX FW wireless printer Solved: Software installation problem to partner with my Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet but in Solved: Software installation problem attempting to install the software to have it connect to my wireless Solved: Software installation problem network I am constantly getting the message quot quot Connecting Failure-invalid network security quot I have other Devices were no problem to connect Contacting Samsung was a lesson in futility all they did was ask me to follow all the directions on the Disk to which I replied I had done so a dozen times with no luck just the same message again Next they blamed it on my Router which created no problem previously and recommended I contact my internet supplier and get instructions on how to change the password on my router Their Tech was dumbfounded by this answer but relayed how to do this which I did a dozen times again with no luck The printer works fine connected to my desktop pc via USB but without having the wireless capability I cannot make full use of my Samsung Tablet Another hint I was given by an online techie was to install a universal printer driver from the Samsung website which I did to no avail After struggling with this for the few days and a dozen hours I am at a total loss Hoping for a final fix many thanks to anyone that can guide me through this dilemma birdog nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I've been all over my scanner program and can't find a way to save a scanned documnt to text file--(Word or notepad)
I know it's possible because I did it once on our last scanner.
I stumbled on a way to 'paste' a form of the document to Word, but it was a massive jumble of wierd symbols.

A:Solved: Scanner: how to save to text file???

Did your newer scanner come with any kind of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software. That is what you need to convert a scanned picture of the text into text that can be understood and used by other software.

Some versions of MS-Office give you the option of installing Document Scanning and Document Imaging utilities that allow you to convert scanned documents into a Word document with editable text. I know that these utility programs are available with MS-Office 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-scanner-how-to-save-to-text-file.831296/
Relevancy 52.46%

I want to organise a folder and upload it to the web. When others download it I want to files/folders in that folder to be in a particular order. Is there a way to do this? I know you can save a "desktop.ini" to keep a particular folder icon so is there something similar to this that I can do to keep the folder order?
Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

OS is Win 2K. I have a folder containing about 150 files (all are Word files but I don't think that's germane to my question). Using Explorer, I can open the folder and view a list of the files. Is there any way to save that list as a text document?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a spreadsheet and I want to take the current file name (for this example let's say the file name is jo15765). I open the spreadsheet, refresh the data, and then I want to save it in this format...

Code:

& Format(Range("H11").Value) & "Current Name of Spreadsheet" & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") & ".xls"

Is this possible?

A:Solved: Use Current File Name But Add Data for Save

I used this code and it is capturing the name of the current worksheet:

Code:

.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\" & Format(Range("H11").Value) & "_" & ActiveWorkbook.Name & "_" & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") & ".xls"

However, the current name of the spreadsheet is Test.xls. I want the .xls to be at the very end of the file name, is it possible to remove it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-use-current-file-name-but-add-data-for-save.1021898/
Relevancy 52.46%

We get this message when trying to Save As a new file from an existing file:

"The folder foldername isn't accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailable location, protected with a password, or the file name contains a / or \."

I have been to Miscrosoft site and followed their hotfix instructions, still happens, but intermittently. Has anyone had this before?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I am having an issue with internet explorer. When I try to open the explorer or click on an external link, it trys to save as a file instead of opening. It also wont open inernet options from the control pane. Any suggestion?

A:[SOLVED] internet exlorer trying to save as a file.

Hello Jasona7791

Try the following The "File Download – Security Warning" dialog box opens when you try to open Internet Explorer 7

YourTravelingGeek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-internet-exlorer-trying-to-save-as-a-file-586504.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Well I am doing some internal website testing.

I am using Apache and am trying to edit my HOSTS file to make things easier on the local network.

I can open, and edit the file fine....but it won't let me save it. Gives me a error that it is being used etc.

Any advice?

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

With in Names Residual Boxes File As Dialog Save/Save regard to clearing lists of recently opened and or saved file names in Windows file dialog boxes Orbital Shark had described the following procedure from his Nov ' post- How to Clear This Dialog Box quot If you want to selectively clear the Common Dialog file names MRU you need to delete Residual File Names in Save/Save As Dialog Boxes these two registry keys manually HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer ComDlg LastVisitedPidlMRU HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer ComDlg OpenSavePidlMRU quot My question is as follows and it is probably a silly one therefore please bear with me and thank you Is the prescribed procedure to delete the actual keys quot LastVisitedPidlMRU quot amp quot OpenSavePidlMRU quot or instead to delete the contents of those keys i e Should I select highlight the key within the left panel of the Regisgtry Editor and then select delete or should I select highlight the key within the left panel and then select highlight in the right panel all the contents of that respective key and then delete all those contents not the actual key itself indicated in the right panel Thanks much for your patience and for your help Win

A:Residual File Names in Save/Save As Dialog Boxes

Hello Windough, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Deleting those actual keys would work best. If you like, the tutorial below will help you do this automatically instead of having to manually do it in regedit.Common Dialog Boxes - Clear Dropdown List of Recent Files History
In addition, you might look at this tutorial if you do not want to have this history kept.Common Dialog Boxes - Enable or Disable Dropdown List of Recent Files
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208005-residual-file-names-save-save-dialog-boxes.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all

Just a stupid little problem with W7 I noticed which is VERY confusing but simple to fix.

I changed via the dialog the TEXT SIZE via the screen resolution in the control panel to CUSTOM SIZE.

With one of the newer "Cinema" or Very Wide screen (1680 X 900) displays after I'd increased the text size to over 160 % I didn't get the possibility to SAVE any documents any more via the SAVE AS button. The SAVE dialog would appear but the SAVE button was missing.

The effect was noticed in Office 2007 (all programs) Notepad etc etc.

Seems to be a Windows fault as this should not be allowed to happen.

on more traditional "Squarer" type monitors -- no problem.

I couldn't find the answer by googling but a bit of "trial and Error" fixed the problem.

Cheers
jimbo

A:SAVE as .. SAVE button missing in Save Dialog (solved)

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi all

Just a stupid little problem with W7 I noticed which is VERY confusing but simple to fix.

I changed via the dialog the TEXT SIZE via the screen resolution in the control panel to CUSTOM SIZE.

With one of the newer "Cinema" or Very Wide screen (1680 X 900) displays after I'd increased the text size to over 160 % I didn't get the possibility to SAVE any documents any more via the SAVE AS button. The SAVE dialog would appear but the SAVE button was missing.

The effect was noticed in Office 2007 (all programs) Notepad etc etc.

Seems to be a Windows fault as this should not be allowed to happen.

on more traditional "Squarer" type monitors -- no problem.

I couldn't find the answer by googling but a bit of "trial and Error" fixed the problem.

Cheers
jimbo

What exactly did you do to fix the problem? You can't have "solved" in the thread title if you don't post the solution...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/102327-save-save-button-missing-save-dialog-solved.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am trying to install the software for an HP scanner in my XP Home SP2 computer, which is not my primary computer. At the end of the 'install' procedure the following error message comes up: "Unable to start the application - the Java Virtual Machine cannnot be loaded. Class not registered."

What is wrong? How do I fix the problem? The software had previously been installed under another OS without any problem.
Thanks for your help. {redoak}

Relevancy 52.03%

I ve been trying to install or reinstall my software for HP C printer and it won t install I used to have it installed but now there seems to be some glitch I error software HP C7280 Solved: installation am going to try to attach the error Solved: HP C7280 software installation error message but still don t know for sure how to do it I followed quot manage attachments quot but had to put the error file in a zip file and hit quot upload quot I see it in the new window but don t know what to do with it now I dragged it here It is a huge file I have followed all instructions for Solved: HP C7280 software installation error installation many times so uninstall and reinstall are exhausted I definitely need to be able to use the quot Solution Center quot The printer works fine HP Installation Error - Vista zip Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RN Antivirus Norton AntiVirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Firstly my employee s are running into a problem where they cant save their files because the file is quot in use quot according to way & Any folder in File use views cannoter to save save name windows What i ve File name in use cannoter save & Any way to save folder views narrowed it down to is the fact that windows uses the files to display details or even a preview of the file whether it be a thumbnail or a window pane preview of the file or even simple details barring it from saving the file after it is opened File name in use cannoter save & Any way to save folder views edited and ready to be saved I have disabled File name in use cannoter save & Any way to save folder views all the obvious frills that might be conflicting such as quot file previews show thumbnails etc quot just cant quite get this resolved Also windows and its short term memory loss wont allow some of my employees to save their favorite folder views I understand that windows tried to implement a more functional window mode allowing users to have multiple view for their different folders but the quot pick one and stick with it option quot of quot Apply to all folders quot the obvious approach doesnt work Or merely works for a few days then reverts I ve seen regedits about changing the quot bag size quot and such but that looks a little more involved than i want to get with the registry also potentially affecting something in the process Any tips DRMWBT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437587/file-name-in-use-cannoter-save-any-way-to-save-folder-views/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have had a very annoying problem with Word 2002 on a Dell Win Xp computer. I have 2 megs of ram and the procesor is 2.66 GHz. When I wish to save a document it takes about 15 seconds to go from one directory to another when I want to save the file or to go to a non default directory or a flash drive. It also takes this amount of time to retrieve a file. I have started using OpenOffice Writer since I can save and retrieve files immediately. For the final copy of the document I then go back to Word. This has been quite annoying for months. Has anybody had this experience? Even after installing a new harddrive sometime ago this problem surfaced. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

Please can somebody Windows Can't Movie CD!!! file Maker Save Help!!! to Please Solved: help I have made a video of our summer holiday in Devon using Solved: Please Help!!! Can't Save Windows Movie Maker file to CD!!! Window Movie Solved: Please Help!!! Can't Save Windows Movie Maker file to CD!!! Maker I know it s not a brilliant program but I find it very user friendly and it s free I have saved it onto my computer but want to save it to CD so I can post Solved: Please Help!!! Can't Save Windows Movie Maker file to CD!!! it to my brother-in-law who was with us on holiday I keep getting a message saying that quot A recordable drive cannot be found quot I have googled this and have had no luck at all it gives advice but the things that are mentioned do not work Please can somebody help with this as I would really like to get this disc posted before christmas I did think about converting the file from WMM to DVD or AVi or something I can work with but nothing i ve tried works If anyone can recomend a Really good video editing program that can add Music text and effects then please let me know FREE would be a bonus I m not tight but I don t have a lot of money this time of year - then again who does Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Please Help!!! Can't Save Windows Movie Maker file to CD!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-cant-save-windows-movie-maker-file-to-cd.658716/
Relevancy 52.03%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe hijackthis on render advice Solved: - which me!!! save file Please follows my help - C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS system HPConfig exe C WINDOWS Solved: Please render advice on my hijackthis file which follows - help - save me!!! System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System carpserv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Solved: Please render advice on my hijackthis file which follows - help - save me!!! Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmon exe C Program Files STA Kit ADSL CnxDslTb exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopOE exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C HJK HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CA E FA- AFD- C -A DC- EB BE F - no file O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts search netscape com O - Hosts ieautosearch O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run srmclean C Cpqs Scom srmclean exe O - HKLM Run TV Now C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities TvNow exe RK O - HKLM Run Display Settings C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe s O - HKLM Run QT HPOT C PROGRA HPQ ONE-TO OneTouch EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run PreloadApp c hp drivers printers photosmart hphprld exe c hp drivers printers photosmart setup exe -d O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run dwoxpgbvlupgb C WINDOWS system afdznlz exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Monitor winmon exe O - HKLM Run Windows ControlAd C Program Files Windows ControlAd WinCtlAd exe O - HKLM Run CnxDslTaskBar C Program Files STA Kit ADSL CnxDslTb exe O - HKLM Run kalvsys C windows system kalvisp exe O - HKLM RunServices Windows Monitor winmon exe O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run Google Desktop Search... Read more

A:Solved: Please render advice on my hijackthis file which follows - help - save me!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-render-advice-on-my-hijackthis-file-which-follows-help-save-me.308805/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Sony digital-8 camcorder with several home videos. I have an old laptop with a firewire connector.

I just need to know what is a good software to use to capture it, or is there a utility to just get it into the PC?

...... and the right file format to save it.

Relevancy 52.03%

Please see the attached file.

I get this error message everytime I save the excel file..

How to get rid of it? I moved the tabs to the new excel file and I still get this popup error message when I save the file.

Thank you.

A:Solved: Excel error popup msg when I save the file.

That is a normal and *good* dialog box. Please read this, as posted by Eric Patterson (Excel Program Manager, very nice fellow)...

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/11/694891.aspx

To get rid of that, save in Excel 2007 format.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-error-popup-msg-when-i-save-the-file.710457/
Relevancy 51.6%

Not sure exactly where to post this so I m not posting in the right area please do let me know I m working in a company where everyone uses the same proprietary software They used to use old computers with Windows XP but now almost everybody have a brand new HP Elite installation it Solved: problem... ramdomly Software installs Small Form Factor Solved: Software installation problem... it installs ramdomly with GB of RAM and GB of HHD SATA and Windows I ve been only working here for a month and simply changing the old computers with new ones I used to use an image to load the software in the new computer so I ve never worried about the software they used but the image is not working anymore so I had to install all the software the old fashion way one by one into the new ones Except this particular program that installs wherever it was to install and I can t figure out why and it is driving me crazy Other computes have this program running although it was created for XP They use Windows compatibility mode When I install it I get an error that reads quot Genesys installation wizard has detected a server error Genesys installation wizard has detected an unknown operating system on the target computer The installation procedure will now Solved: Software installation problem... it installs ramdomly terminate quot Click to expand My boss told me that he knew about this and that you can simply try until it installs So I waited for a few hours I tried and it failed to install again Day after day And all of the sudden without doing anything else or installing anything at all the program installed in Solved: Software installation problem... it installs ramdomly the very same computer where it failed over and over for days Now I have another computers where I need to install this particular software and I can t use the first computer to create an image This had took so long that it had to be delivered immediately How can I know why it fails There are no errors listed in the logs I ve searched and I tried everything I could from installing in safe mode which will not work because the setup exe file calls a msi file and msi files don t work in safe mode to using the administrator account even when I am an administrator myself I tried to install it from a network and from the hard drive there are no CDs I have not experience with reverse engineering but I even tried to read the msi tables to check if there was anything obvious I ve tried to see if I could copy the folders and registry keys from a computer where it works but according the msi file there are supposed to be lines in the registry The looked at the processes that start when I try to install the files and the only difference I ve been able to see is that in the computer where it finally worked the process dllhost exe doesn t start But I haven t have a clue if this means anything at all So does anyone know how in the world I can figure out why this program installs ramdomly PS don t tell me to use a VMware or get the next version because I already suggested it and my bosses said no The software is Genesys Outbould contact manager from genesyslabs com But you can t get support from them without paying and all their forums are hidden and what is visible is useless There was a guy with the same problem and the answer was quot it is not supposed to work in Windows quot nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Right down to the problem when I am trying to install certain programmes I am getting an error message that says

Title - "16 Bit Windows SubSytem"

Message -" C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

And then I can't install the programme.

I am running Windows XP with SP2. Anyone got any ideas how to fix the problem?

Thanks For All Your Help IN Advance!

Chris Rutter

A:Solved: Software Installation Error Message AUTOEXEC.NT

Just realised maybe this would be better in Windows XP forum? Anyway just a thought mods
Rutter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-software-installation-error-message-autoexec-nt.311192/
Relevancy 51.6%

I would appreciate if someone let me know if there is a program/utility (free or not) that after an installation of some other software it will:
- list all registry changes made by that other software during the installation
- list all created and modified files on the drive during that same installation

There are utilites out there that will for example restore registry to a previous state.
However, I am looking for listing of those changes made to the system both in the registry and on the hard drive.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

my laptop with xp died, and i bought a new laptop with win7. my favorite home video editing program, pinnacle 7, says the following when trying to install: "This installation does not support your operating system."

Is there nothing I can do to use this software now?

A:Solved: Help please, my software Installation does not support my operating system (w

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-please-my-software-installation-does-not-support-my-operating-system-w.918434/
Relevancy 51.6%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open a file that is located in a passworded, shared directory on our Win 98 file server, make changes to the file and then try to Save As a new file name in same location I get the following error message: The folder (location string of the original opened file) isn't accessible. The folder may be located on an unavailable volume or protected with a password. This just started happening on one of our networked Win 2K machines after loading recent MS Updates from MS. How can I save the new, changed file to the same directory that I opened the original file from?

A:Solved: Unable to save a changed file to original net location

I uninstalled the latest MS update Rollup1 for SP4. This also solved a major computer slow down that also was encountered after the update. Obviously I'm not impressed with Rollup1 for SP4.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-save-a-changed-file-to-original-net-location.393249/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello again!!!!

Since d/l and installing Adobe reader 9, I am unable to save a document. If I email the document to myself, then I can save it, but if I try to save it from the original page, when I click on File>save as, I get no response. Any suggestions how to correct this?
Thanks..
Vicks

Relevancy 51.6%

After re-installing my HP 4070, the scanning software showed only TIFF and
Compressed TIFF options while earlier I had JPG and BMP.

To get back BMP and JPG options, I deleted the Registry entry under HKEY_USER....
Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\CUE Settings\0000_4070]
"ScanPreferencesSettings", and Run the HP Scanning software.
It will recreate the Key with default settings and the next time you start the
HP scanning software you will have all the four save options.

Important:
Backup registry before trying this! Modify the registry at your own risk!
You can highlight the Hewlett-Packard entry and export from file menu to a
desktop file for backup of just this entry. If something seems wrong, double
click on the exported file to restore the original settings in the registry.

Happy Scanning! - Raj

A:HP Scanjet 4070 save file option issues solved

I dont't see the options for file type

Hello,

I just bought an HP Scanjet 4070. After I install it and HP Image Zone v.4.0 that comes with the scanner, I don't see the options for choosing save file type, such as TIFF, etc. It automatically saves the scanned photos to JEPG. How I can change the option, and saved location?

Are you using the HP Image Zone, or other software to support the different file types?

Thanks very much.

R

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-scanjet-4070-save-file-option-issues-solved.27899/
Relevancy 51.6%

Using Office 2007, I can save files, Word/Excel, on my laptop. But I can not save to the network server. When I try to save to the server, a file is created with no information in it, and I received an error message that "file was not saved". I can paste and copy the file to the server. Had a local IT guy look at it and was unable to fix the problem. Don't know what to do next. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 51.6%

I am monitored at my job by a program that sends rtf document through Outlook every hour (during business hours). I often work remotelety and all of the sudden I cannot open or save these files. The error I get is:

"Can't create file filename.rtf. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions on the folder"

I delete these files regularly as I receive them. A co-worker has this same issue at the office on his work computer and our tech support has not been able to solve it. We are running XP and Office 2003 on both computers.

If I check by webmail, I am able to open the rtf, but cannot open it from Outlook.

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have installed a speech-to-text software application and during the initial setup it asks me if I want to participate in data collection to be sent Name/Password Cannot software get Windows installation past Solved: during User to the Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation company to improve the application etc When I click on either the Yes or the No I get prompted for my Windows User name and Password I enter the ones that appear on the Windows Welcome screen and work but an error message pops up saying that quot no mapping between account names and security ID s was done quot The application setup menu says that quot currently your Administrator me has not been configured to run data collectiuon at a scheduled time Press Configure to correct this issue quot but doing so only gets the user name pasword prompt again I have been into the User and Computer Management on Control Panel and ticked pretty well everything I can find to let me do whatever I like as an Admin but still no joy Searching through HELP advises that it is the Task Scheduler asking for these details I remember that on XP you could somehow disable Task Scheduler from working but can t seem to find it on Vista Home Premium So is there someway to get around this as I feel I am missing a step somewhere Thanks all nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation

Found that the User name is really SYSTEM even though I have used my normal log in name - duh!

Anyhow all fixed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-get-past-windows-user-name-password-during-software-installation.751564/
Relevancy 51.17%

I've tried downloading a few programs, but they all seem to end with the same result. Once I try to open up the program using the shortcut, it says the item has been moved or changed so the shortcut will no longer work properly. I try opening it manually without using a shortcut, but I can't find it anywhere. The folder where it should have the software is empty.

I'm starting to get impatient, I've tried solving this problem on my own for a day and a half, and I'm going nowhere. Is it a problem with my Windows Installer?
Also, this problem only occured to me about a day or two ago.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all Not a regular user of Excel but do need help in creating something that would be useful to me and Excel and - specific a Macro save Solved: to to name folder file 2010 a few others at work I suppose the best way of explaining what I m after is by giving an example I have a directory C Users Tekko Desktop Maintenance Project Cape Nelson In Cape Nelson are a number of folders named alpha beta charlie delta echo and foxtrot and so on I would like to have an excel template in quot Cape Nelson quot with a macro that when activated names the file as whatever folder name might be in say cell A and whatever ever date might be in cell Solved: Excel 2010 - Macro to name and save file to a specific folder B Eg charlie -mar- xls This then is saved in the relevant folder So in the end I would end up with C Users Tekko Desktop Maintenance Project Cape Nelson charlie charlie -mar- xls Also the macro script would ensure that the macro was disabled in the saved file Hoping this is achievable and look forward to replies nbsp

A:Solved: Excel 2010 - Macro to name and save file to a specific folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-macro-to-name-and-save-file-to-a-specific-folder.1098340/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a spreadsheet that is used by a number of users and has a macro built into it to collect updates from several other sheets. I want to add to the macro so that once it has been updated and saved the macro then saves another version of the sheet in a seperate folder with the date and time it was saved as part of the file name.

I have tried

ChDir"H:\Resourcing Teams\Placements\Weekly activity\Archive"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"H:\ResourcingTeams\Placements\Weekly activity\Archive\" & Now.Day & Now.Month &Now.Year &" .xlsx", _
FileFormat:=xlOpenXMLWorkbook, CreateBackup:=False

But get errors

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

A:Solved: Excel Macro to save a copy of the file in new location with the date

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-save-a-copy-of-the-file-in-new-location-with-the-date.1089329/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently reformatted my computer installation Automatic software block Solved: drivers with interfering unsigned and have been reinstalling my various programs I had encountered warnings about unsigned drivers before so I had set it to ignore in order to expedite the process of reinstalling everything Now however I am attempting to install a computer game Sims which I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times previously Solved: Automatic unsigned drivers block interfering with software installation In the final moments of installation the windows announcement that there is an unsigned driver pops up without an option to ignore I find this very perplexing as the setting is indeed set to ignore not block and the registry key agrees If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated Understandably Google Solved: Automatic unsigned drivers block interfering with software installation only yields guides on how to set it to ignore which I have already done I am running Windows XP Home Update Through following a troubleshooting list that I managed to track down through Google I was able to solve the problem Apparently it was a corrupted Systemroot System Catroot file nbsp

A:Solved: Automatic unsigned drivers block interfering with software installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-automatic-unsigned-drivers-block-interfering-with-software-installation.892602/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi This is a bit of a convoluted story but here goes I have an old PC the oldest of several which in which I want to upgrade PATA HDs ? installation Possible Utility Installation Intel® Software problem Chipset after for large GB SATA- drives PC spec Asus P PE P Northwood FSB GHz GB pc ram soundcards I'm a musician Win XP SP etc The first thing I did was enable RAID SATA in BIOS amp then install the Promise Possible problem after Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility installation ? Fasttrack RAID SATA driver on all OS partitions in all spread across the drives Now of course a get a quick POST message saying that quot no Possible problem after Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility installation ? RAID SATA device detected quot because I haven't installed them yet However this message then disappears and my boot manager utility loads as usual BootIt NG Then it occured to me that I hadn't installed either the Intel Application Accelerator or Chipset Software Installation utilities as listed on the available downloads for P PE at Asus site So I installed the IAA first on one partition - but when I tried to reboot into this the quot no RAID SATA quot message came up before and after the BootItNG screen and the system rebooted again I got it to boot into the partition again amp promptly uninstalled the IAA because I thought it was causing me the problem Then I installed the Chipset Installation utility This time after rebooting into the quot music quot partition many of the music software applications were not sending MIDI to one of the soundcards correctly and the selected audio drivers had changed from the ASIO M-audio drivers to onboard Soundmax In fact the M- audio O USB midi keyboard driver appeared to no longer be functional so I had to reinstall this After going through all the software apps and changing the audio Midi settings back to what they were things seems OK again now I'm obviously concerned that some fundamental changes have been made to the OS now amp it is no longer as solid stable as it used to be I don't really want to reinstall as it would take me AGES to install all the software again Fortunately I have an image of the partition but this was taken a while ago - but would still be better than a complete reinstall Does this sound like it was caused by the Intel application s Do you think I have done lasting damage to the stability of the OS thanks swayzak

A:Possible problem after Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility installation ?

both the chipset and the IAA are supposed to be installed FIRST THING after the install of the OS...I suspect that the later day install is what caused all the drivers to go *poof*...if your system is operating OK at this point just go with it, but if/when you do a wipe and clean install remember to install these items the first time you boot into your clean install, reboot, then carry on with installing other items...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-problem-after-intel-chipset-software-installation-utility-installation-168118.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows Vista Home

Installed Microsoft office 2003 Installed custom install of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher. They all work you can type in them and print the page ect. However all of them if you go to save the file such as a word doc to the desktop like always did type whatever and then go to file and save as have the file named etc and with all of them it comes up with an error sayin

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. YOu can save a file from any of them, like I said you can open them and do whatever you want and print them out but cannot save them. Can someone tell me why I am gettting the error and why it wion't save?

A:Solved: Windows Vista-problem with Microsoft word 2003 won't save a file get error me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-problem-with-microsoft-word-2003-wont-save-a-file-get-error-me.753056/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Experts,

I have a CD-RW backup disc with 4200 files (c.300 MB). I need to transfer about 200 of those files and install them on my new hard drive (Drive C). Although the mechanics of how to do this may be as clear as a bell to most, it isn't to me. Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

Relevancy 49.45%

Hiya Well have a dilly of a pickle here First off the old system specs Win XP Pro IE SP all latest updates Now this is a brand new pc and not much is wrong with it except for one thing When I doubleclick an msi file it doesn t work This was tested with an msi file from here http www fmzone file MSI installation problems Solved: co uk fm downloads utilities MCFM Setup Solved: MSI file installation problems zip http www fmzone co uk fm downloads utilities utilities htm And then I tried it with some that are already installed Solved: MSI file installation problems on my system Not to re-install them but to see if Solved: MSI file installation problems it said the same thing as the one above and it does A bit of background I m studying via the Open University for my degree and one piece of software they give you is called Weblite Viewer Its for viewing all types of molecules etc instead of just seeing them in D on paper So I installed it as normal leaving everything on default However when my mate came round last Friday and tried to install the above it opened up with the Viewer program not the install itself I saw this and went to uninstall the viewer as I noticed this before that it associates with msi files for a certain type of molecule extension Tried again no joy So bearing in mind I wasn t in a good mood when this happened Friday night and gaming night I went to Windows Explorer File Types and clicked on the msi file Noticed it still said Weblite Viewer so looked in the one before that requires the Windows Installer and edited the properties of the msi file to reflect that So then when I open the msi file this shows Anyway left that game behind and played something else So its the weekend and I dig around and read this link http www windowsitpro com Article ArticleID html I do all it says and still no joy Then reading up online I see this http support microsoft com default aspx kbid Well it will uninstall all that is shown in it below so hope that s not the way to go This is what is shown in the Registry under msi file Not sure but can you uninstall Windows Uninstaller and then re-install it Tried using RegClean but still no joy Up to any ideas but apart from that game file all games work perfectly and all programs as well Oh and its also done the same with chm files but not that concerend at the moment This is what the chm says in the registry so you can see what I mean Forgot to say I have of Windows Installer and don t have an XP Pro disk as the supplier I bought this from didn t send it to me Been thru hell with them for a month not happy with Overclockers It was fine before I instaleld the viewer so not their fault Regards eddie nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

yes i am searching for a good software that can pack all of my software collections into one single installation.exe pack which i can install for later usage will some pliz give me a recomendation of such software to pack all the my files into one installation pack ?

A:finding a good software to make a collection of stuffs software into a installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-a-good-software-to-make-a-collection-of-stuffs-software-into-a-installation.540172/
Relevancy 49.02%

Trying to install SpywareBlaster and Cablenut onto my hubby's computer - IBM Aptiva running Windows 98; however, I am getting the same error message that is hampering the install for both programs. Message reads - "Required file .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL was not found"

A:Solved: Missing .DLL file stopping installation

See attached from JavaCool site.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/downloadfaq.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-dll-file-stopping-installation.325072/
Relevancy 49.02%

I constantly reformat my computer and every time I do the most time consuming part of the whole process is updating windows. That takes forever!!!! So I was wondering where can I get a free downloadable package with all the updates and just install it from there. It would save alot of time if i had somthing like that because then I wouldn't have to re-download everything. oH yeah i have windows xp professional sp2

A:Solved: Does anyone know where to get all of windows update on a cd or installation file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-does-anyone-know-where-to-get-all-of-windows-update-on-a-cd-or-installation-file.682892/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to load a linksys wireless network pc card driver and a popup error regarding an installation support file shows up and will not install the driver. The error specifically states as follows. "COCUME~1\LARRYR~1.RA\LOCALs~1\Temp\{6ff988d-3121-470f-a1b3-3075f1e4971b}_IsUser.dll could not be installed"

I am using xppro on a dell laptop. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Any help would be greatfully apprieciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

I'm looking for a simple, easy to use program to unzip a few files. I'm using Windows xp home OS if that makes any difference.
Can anybody suggest any good FREE ones?
thanks in advance!

Relevancy 47.73%

I have Mesh desktop computer It had Windows XP Home Edition It is years old I bought it in and over the years it became very slow and sluggish Originally XP system installed on it was without any service packs but with the updates it was at SP level It has a CD drive DVD drive and floppy drive It started giving error messages XP reinstall installation Edition Home freezes in file mid and [SOLVED] Cannot sys - as follows Could not start Hall dll is corrupt or missing Windows Root gt [SOLVED] Cannot reinstall XP Home Edition freezes in mid installation - sys file and system hal dll please reinstall a copy of the above file So I decided to clean reinstall it and backed my files to an external drive BTW Here is the Hardware info AMI Bios version Build date Processor Type Intel Pentium CPU GHz Speed MHz Count System memory Size MB Speed MHz Dual Channel I only have recovery CD from the manufacturers and no drivers CD My mistake is that I never made recovery disks at SP level I went in BIOS and set the system to start from CD It booted from CD and I went in recovery consol There I took option to reinstall the Windows XP Home Edition It was listing partitions F Minint Partition C Partition I chose partition as I was novice and did not think that I should have chosen partition as it was bigger one The installation process went through but when rebooted the system was asking for the password before it could load I never set any password on this desktop When I could not log on I decided to reinstall the XP again I went through recovery console and this time I chose C partition I reformatted it and the system gave me new raw C partition to install I started the process and it seemed to be going smoothly until at the point when it wanted to write the information to the partition Then it froze I tried again but same thing happened again I went into recovery console and ran chkdsk p r on C partition It told me that it had fixed the error on C if there were any I tried to reinstall again but it froze again This time I went and ran dir command on each partition It showed that F minint had several files and I am listing them here Biosinfo inf Bootfix bin Ntdetect com Setupldr bin Sp cmd con sys Textsetup sif Winbom ini Font Help Inf Ms Agent System winSxS C partition has nothing on it as I have reformatted it again But cannot reinstall XP Home edition on C as PC freezes at the point of writing info on the partition Also something else has happened In the process of installing the system I noticed the following F Partition inactive OS Boot Man MB lt MB free C Partition MB Unpartitioned space MB Now there are the questions in my mind If the reason for freezing while installing is F Inactive Partition it seems to have all the information for installation files and BIOS then how do I make it active partition I should not be deleting or reformatting this partition as it has BIOS info file for the PC How do I remove second partition and make it just partition C with F to reinstall while keeping all the files of F partition Please help I am at my wits end

A:[SOLVED] Cannot reinstall XP Home Edition freezes in mid installation - sys file and

I'm thinking that reverting to one partition, unless you're planning something special and trying again might be in order. The other possibility is that the CD with age has deteriorated..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-reinstall-xp-home-edition-freezes-in-mid-installation-sys-file-and-921642.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having problems trying to Upgrade Pinnacle Studio 8 to Studio 9. As part of the process Studio 8 has to be uninstalled. I keep getting the message "An installation support file could not be installed - the data is invalid" I can uninstall other programs and even other Pinnacle programs. I have tried installing and uninstalling Studio 8 on another machine and this works fine.
I have also tried removing Studio8 through My Computer and then using Regcleaner to tidy up but I still get the same message.
I am going through Pinnacle support but I'm hoping that someone else may know the problem.

A:(Solved) An installation support file could not be installed - the data is invalid

try cleaning the *.tmp files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-an-installation-support-file-could-not-be-installed-the-data-is-invalid.210866/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,

I need to get some software that offers two way file synchronization for the same folder on two different servers/pcs on a lan. GoToMyPc does it but I prefer to do this over a lan vs the internet.

Thanks!!

A:Solved: Need Software for two way file synchronization

MS SyncToy

You can also try SyncBack Freeware V3.2.14

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-software-for-two-way-file-synchronization.625136/
Relevancy 47.73%

Anyone out there know of a free reliable software recovery utility?

A:Solved: File Recovery Software

What OS (Windows, Linux, Mac) ?

There are several I've tried. For the simple "oops I lost a file" try this one:
Recuva by piriform
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-file-recovery-software.976675/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am using an external HDD, with two partitions (NTFS).
I don't know what happened but the second partition is not working and the computer says it has RAW format.

Is there any way I can recover my valuable data?

Relevancy 47.3%

I need convert/save Excel files into the ASCII comma delimited text files. It needs to be in this format in order to upload healthcare data to the CDC (NHSN).

Thank you.

A:How to convert/save an Excel file to ASCII comma delimited text file

File - Save As. Change Save as type option at the bottom...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-convert-save-an-excel-file-to-ascii-comma-delimited-text-file.909098/
Relevancy 47.3%

when running the GMER, it allowed me only to check the options: service, registry, file, C:\, ADS. i am not sure if that will be a problem.
thank you very much. i hope to hear from you soon.

A:failed to save all components to the file //system32// ... the file is corrupted or unreadable. this error might be caused by a...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/430984 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430984/failed-to-save-all-components-to-the-file-system32-the-file-is-corrupted-or-unreadable-this-error-might-be-caused-by-a-pc-hardware-problem/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a VirtualBox WM with Win Pro bit and SP which I would like to be as small as possible while not going without Windows updates I've read that a basic Windows bit installation for space? VM: to Win save disk how installation should consume about - GB How big is Windows after install MacRumors Forums Some differences might be caused due to the following reasons I have a bit installation not bit I use Win Professional maybe the thread uses another version I've installed all Windows updates However the quot Windows quot folder on C already uses about G on my system What I've done so far added users installed Windows updates disabled hibernation file hiberfil sys disk cleanup deleted restore points and disabled quot protection quot restore settings disabled pagefile can't set the paging file to smaller max size emptied trash I've installed the following software Firefox FoxIt Reader Git OpenSSH Python Vim TotalCommander MinGW Msysgit ccleaner WinDirStat In the foreseeable future the only reason I'll need the Win VM for will be to handle Microsoft office documents I still Win installation for VM: how to save disk space? have to install Microsoft Office The disk usage inside the Windows folder according to WinDirStat looks as follows Code winsxs G System G SoftwareDistribution G assembly G Logs G SysWOW G According to WinDirStat the winsxs folder uses GB I've read that - among other Win installation for VM: how to save disk space? stuff - it holds updates installers There Win installation for VM: how to save disk space? is an update quot KB quot which is provides an option quot windows update cleanup quot for quot Disk cleanup quot that reported to free GB of data however afterwards the used disk space seemed to be roughly the same I hardly can believe that a basic installation of Win uses GB of disk space Do you have any ideas how I could shrink my Win installation Thanks for any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/387627-win-installation-vm-how-save-disk-space.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I read how this is happening to some others However I do not understand how to delete on my own It looks as if everyone is getting different answers on how to take care of this by downloading AV2009.EXE can't - delete file software pop Solved: up the text from hijackthis I did download and installed it and it s sitting on my desktop and I was able to run it and get the report So Solved: AV2009.EXE software pop up - can't delete file here it is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Solved: AV2009.EXE software pop up - can't delete file WINDOWS system lxctcoms exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe Solved: AV2009.EXE software pop up - can't delete file C Program Files Lexmark Series lxctmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files AV av exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO amp Research - C B A- A- E -BAED-CC FCB - C WINDOWS system winsrc dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run lxctmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxctmon exe quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series Fax Server quot C Program Files Lexmark Series fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run LXCTCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCTtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run RoxWatchTray quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe quot O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB O - HKCU Run C Program Files AV av exe O - HKCU Run ieupdate quot C WINDOWS system ieupdates exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Mess... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm using WinXP SP1.

Is there any software that can put a password to a file/folder and ask if thr user attempted to open it and also, prevent the file/folder from deletion or moving it to the Recycle Bin, or copying or cutting it? I found one in Snapfiles.com but the problem is, it's not free, I want a software similar to it, small and simple, but free. Here's the software I saw in snapfiles.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/lockness.html

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.3%

I am looking for a piece of software that can be set to automatically edit the title value in an mp3 files ID3 tag, to = the name of the file in the windows file system. I have been pro-actively editing the tags on all of my files, a very tedious process. Everything is pretty smooth, but I would rather not have to edit the title of each and every individual file, esp when the title in most cases, is neatly contained in the filename.. Let me know if I have any options.. thanks..

A:Solved: Need software that can edit ID3 tag title to = file name.

Get Mp3tag, a good freeware tag editor.

Select the files then go to Convert > Filename - Tag.

What's your file naming convention and is it consistent?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-software-that-can-edit-id3-tag-title-to-file-name.869469/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I've spent many days to implement this functionality but couldn't taste any success What I want is to created a XPS file of a web page automatically without XPS without dialog? How to print file Save File as Web silently to page any any GUI intervention I'm able to automate everything but couldn't able to bypass quot Save as File quot dialog Following is the code I'm using to generate XPS file Please help me if you know any workaround Thanks in advance span using How to print Web page to XPS file silently without any Save as File dialog? span span System span span span span Reflection span span span span br using span span System span span span span Threading span span span span br using span span SHDocVw span span span span br br namespace span span HTMLPrinting span span br span span span span br nbsp span span public span span span span class span span span span HTMLPrinter span span br nbsp span span span span br nbsp nbsp How to print Web page to XPS file silently without any Save as File dialog? nbsp span span private span span bool documentLoaded span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span private span span bool documentPrinted span span span span br br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span private span span span span void span span ie DocumentComplete span span span span object span span pDisp span span span span span span ref span span span span object span span URL span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span span span documentLoaded span span span span span span true span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span span span br br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span private span span span span void span span ie PrintTemplateTeardown span span span span object span span pDisp span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp documentPrinted span span span span span span true span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span span span br br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span public span span span span void span span span span Print span span span span string span span htmlFilename span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp documentLoaded span span span span span span false span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp documentPrinted span span span span span span false span span span span br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span InternetExplorer span span ie span span span span span span new span span span span InternetExplorerClass span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ie span span span span DocumentComplete span span span span span span span span new span span span span DWebBrowserEvents DocumentCompleteEventHandler span span span span ie DocumentComplete span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ie span span span span PrintTemplateTeardown span span span span span span span span new span span span span DWebBrowserEvents PrintTemplateTeardownEventHandler span span span span ie PrintTemplateTeardown span span span span br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span object span span missing span span span span span span Missing span span span span Value span span span span br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ie span span span span Navigate span span span span htmlFilename span span span span span span ref span span missing span span span span span span ref span span missing span span span span span span ref span span missing span span span span span span ref span span missing span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span while span span span span span span documentLoaded span span amp amp span span ie span span span span QueryStatusWB span span span span OLECMDID span span span span OLECMDID PRINT span span span span span span span span OLECMDF span span span span OLECMDF ENABLED span span span span br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span Thread span span span span Sleep span span span span span span span span br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ie span span span span ExecWB span span span span OLECMDID span span span span OLECMDID PRINT span... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/03c0f524-621a-4ded-a754-d8af88dc2fbe/how-to-print-web-page-to-xps-file-silently-without-any-save-as-file-dialog?forum=ieitpropriorver
Relevancy 47.3%

A month or two ago I started noticing that when I try to save files to HDD from Opera it takes about 4 seconds for the (explorer) file menu to appear and let me save it.

Now I noticed the same in Subtitle Workshop and Irfanview, only that in these it takes even longer, like 7 seconds, for the load file menu to appear after I click on the "open file" icon.

Some other programs, like VLC and Winamp, don't have this problem.

Any clues?

Using Win 7 64bit, BTW. Everything updated.

A:File load and file save menus take a long time to appear

Quote: Originally Posted by eyo

A month or two ago I started noticing that when I try to save files to HDD from Opera it takes about 4 seconds for the (explorer) file menu to appear and let me save it.

Now I noticed the same in Subtitle Workshop and Irfanview, only that in these it takes even longer, like 7 seconds, for the load file menu to appear after I click on the "open file" icon.

Some other programs, like VLC and Winamp, don't have this problem.

Any clues?

Using Win 7 64bit, BTW. Everything updated.

Are you seeing a thin green bar at the top of your screen in Windows Explorerer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/93337-file-load-file-save-menus-take-long-time-appear.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Greetings!
For all my Microsoft Office products (Office 2010), when I go to initially save or open a file, the default location is the Documents folder. I rarely use this opting instead for a specific folder on my dedicated Data drive (in this case my E drive). Is there any way to change the default location? Note: I am NOT asking to move the documents folder to a different location. I am interested in using a different location altogether. Is this possible? I am using W7

Thanks for you help again,
Pradhan

A:Solved: Changing folder in which "Open/Save File" lands

Go to File, then Options, then click the "Save" button, and change the "Default File Location" option. You may have to do this for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc... separately though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-folder-in-which-open-save-file-lands.1068876/
Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I save something on Win 7 with the standard "Save" dialog (such as used by Firefox or Microsoft Word), the filename is still there in the drop-down list for others to see. Where is that list stored? A search with RegEdit does NOT match any of the filenames listed there (I even do a partial search without case sensitivity, to no avail) so I don't know where they're being stored. It's very puzzling.

Relevancy 46.87%

I have searched up and down and around the web for a fix for File & box dialog hangs open Save File this with no luck Hope I am posting this in the correct place Whenever I request a quot File Open quot or quot File Save quot from any application the mini-Windows-Explorer dialog box that opens freezes and hangs the entire application Happens with almost all applications Not limited to just Microsoft programs It does not matter if I like change the download folder or if I rt click always the same Back when it was under File open & File Save dialog box hangs warranty Hp tells me to File open & File Save dialog box hangs just restore to original settings I hate to do that But I am about to see that this might be the only fix for it But I am hoping not I think it started a long time ago when I was changing the USB ports I used for my external Hard drive and it changed drive letter maybe maybe not just seems I remember that being something that had happened when I first recall things hanging anyway I have all drives in the place I want them now and this issue still happens even if I dont have that external drive plugged in If I need to post more info please just let me know Thanks so much Appreciate the help

A:File open & File Save dialog box hangs

wanted to add this picture since it just happened..
thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278156-file-open-file-save-dialog-box-hangs.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys,

I have an HP Compaq 6715b running Windows Vista Business. on startup I keep getting this bluetooth error message:

"Bluetooth Software license file not found. [2]"

The title of the error window is "Bluetooth software"

The only thing I use the blue tooth for is transferring files and photos, and that seems stillto be working fine, but this error message is annoying. Any ideas guys?

In case it's of use, in Device Manager/Bluetooth Radios I have listed the following:

HP Bluetooth Module
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Both of which are up-to-date drivers.

Also of note, the machine has recently had the Trojan.Vundo Virus. A combination of AV, AS and reg-cleaners sorted that out. This caused a few startup error messages, but this is the only one I can't solve.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Bob.

Relevancy 46.44%

Trying to load a kids Math software program and getting a error missing MFC30.dll, have checked the web and they all want you to buy something to scan and fix, also was told not to download this file from a outside source.
Win XP,
Home Edition,
Ver 2002,
service pack-3,
Dell Dimension Dim2400
Intel r
Celeron r CPU 2.40GHz
2.39GHz 2.00gb Ram

Relevancy 46.44%

Long story short... Evil teen Computer genius who is upset with us is basically holding our computer hostage. We kicked him out of our house and before leaving he changed all of our user accounts to limited access and locked our Admin account. I called DELL and was told to restart the computer in safe mode and that would bypass the need for a password but it did not help. It still asked for a pw.
Found numerous password changing software, but can't download b/c we all now have limited access.
Any help is so appreciated.
I am a Computer novice. We have WIndows XP Home edition
Dell Dimensions 2400 . Is there anything left for us to do?

A:Is there a software that will save us?

Per our rules we cannot assist with matters dealing with passwords.

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

However, to resolve this problem you can take the computer to a PC repair shop and they can easily and quickly do it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-software-that-will-save-us.586446/
Relevancy 46.44%

i need help with saving my music file from my chromebook to my sd card. it dose not give me an option and i can not drag and drop as it wont let me. please help

A:how do i save a file from my chromebook onto a sd card, it dosent say save to sd card please help

Have you made sure that the card formatted to work in the device? That, or the card being bad, would the be the only reasons it won't allow you to just copy and paste.

If the card is from a "Phone" or a "Tablet" I would suggest putting it back in the device it came from, which it is formatted to, and then plugging that device into the laptop via USB. That should resolve the problem.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123908/save-file-chromebook-card-dosent-save-card.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This question is a refinement from this thread http www techsupportforum com f ml post I have confirmed my [SOLVED] file C:\Windows\System32\Config\software How to replace existing C Windows System Config software file has [SOLVED] How to replace C:\Windows\System32\Config\software file a fault that causes a BSOD when a particular key in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes TypeLib is accessed My system boots and mostly runs OK except when something tries to access this part of the Registry like a system AV scan and other random seeming events I haven't identified How do I replace this file without messing up my system System Restore does not work it runs but gives its unsuccessful message on restarting Windows A Repair Install of Windows hangs at quot Examining System quot or some such message after selecting Install Windows and before getting the Repair install prompts It never gets to finding the existing Windows installation Also my bootable BartPE Windows XP won't boot on this machine but it does on my other one I have not yet tried to get into Recovery Console since I am very ignorant about this tool My system is Win XP Version Pro SP I suspect the quot software quot file was one of the files 'repaired' by a chkdsk I ran a couple of weeks ago after a system crash Chkdsk shows no problems now for what that is worth This sort of fix is above my comfort level floundering around on my own so help would be definitely appreciated

A:[SOLVED] How to replace C:\Windows\System32\Config\software file

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

checkout the above site about running system file checker,, ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-replace-c-windows-system32-config-software-file-417509.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was wondering if there was some way to lower the file size of lots of photos in one go, without needing to do each one individually, which would be time consuming.

I tried looking for some way to do this in photoshop CS4, but i cant find a way to do it...

Is there a way to do it in photoshop? if not, is there a program i can use?

Thank you for your time x

A:Solved: is there software i can use to lower the file size of lots of images in one g

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-there-software-i-can-use-to-lower-the-file-size-of-lots-of-images-in-one-g.827614/
Relevancy 46.01%

I use a cad at work. We aquired a new scanner and the one of the programs finds and installs the hardware but the other program will manually install the hardware but then won't save the hardware it just found . The first program did the same thing when first loaded but after adjusting privileges it did save the hardware.

A:Software won't save hardware.

Welcome to the forums Trav.

You may need to inquiry the supplier of the "other program".

Regarding Windows 7, is the hardware correctly installed, drivers up to date and no problems reported in device manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/91796-software-wont-save-hardware.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Is there any way to get vista to remember to save files to a default destination folder depending on what kind of file it is? i.e. I want the default .pdf files saved to "my documents", .jpeg files saved to "pictures, etc. I'm often having to go look for where a file was saved to.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194117-file-save-location-file-type.html
Relevancy 46.01%

In Excel 2010, I opened a Read-only file, made a lot of changes, and tried to File-Save As.

Nothing happens.

A web-search I got some info, maybe the MS Office update tool was recently installed? Not in my case.

go to explorer, the read-only file and check off Read-only in Properties. Can't, its not saved to anything, and Excel gives a message the file is read-only, please save under a new file name.

I tried File Save As, but nothing happens, no dialog box to input a new file name.

BTW, this is a large excel file, around 27 MB.

A:Excel file read-only, but can't File-Save as

Offhand, wondering if the Save As dialog box is opening behind the Excel program window. Maybe reducing the size of the excel window, then trying save as again? (it may be visible if that is happening) Also a possibility is to just try Save. That should produce a message and also offer the opportunity to Save As. Any additional info you can acquire will be helpful for resolving this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-file-read-only-but-cant-file-save-as.1086251/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have XP SP I to dll and php or save cancel file file disc run avast and then malwarebytes once a week I also have FF and IE Lately I ve been getting a box that pops up on some sites especially ebay and etsy that either ask me to save the file to a disk or cancel If dll file and php file save to disc or cancel I hit cancel and then try it again everything is fine Examples are below error type of file and website All bargains php php file http allthroughthenight net EbayISAPI dll dll file http myebay com I only get these in FF and not IE I noticed it usually seems to happen when I click on a picture or the link next to the pictue but that seems to be the basis of ebay and etsy I did notice that if I m in FF--I go to tools-option and then application--the following say save to a disc always ask beside it dll file irc ircs and webcal Is there something I need to download or what program do I assign to these items I m dll file and php file save to disc or cancel so confused I ve looked everywhere for an answer Please help

A:dll file and php file save to disc or cancel

try clearing your cache?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390128/dll-file-and-php-file-save-to-disc-or-cancel/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there,

Have you ever seen that File|Open and File|Save As does not work at all for any application? Basically nothing happens, the dialog never opens. I have tried in several browsers, Word, Visual Studio ... nothing. The common dialog to handle files never opens and as a result I can not do more "complex" things like choosing a file to upload, adding a reference in a Visual Studio project.

I have googled the web with no results. Any clues? I have a fairly new laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate x64bits. Antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials) says the system is clean. I have rebooted several times with no luck either.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Miguel

A:File|Open & File|Save As does not work

It works in all our computer...

Try this:
Open an elevated CMD
and type sfc/scannow and hit enter. If there is a corrupted system file that is causing the problem the sfc/scannow utility will fix it..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/55119-file-open-file-save-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I have over time downloaded quite a bit of nice software. However, my Laptops harddrive is smal and I have now an external harddrive via USB setup. How do I make sure the software is transferred to the E: drive with all its files. Whenever I do a 'copy and paste' I find it is not working. I reformatted my smal harddrive and when reversing the software installation from the E drive to the C drive it does not work. What do I wrong or how should it be done. Any advise is appriciated.

Relevancy 45.58%

Is there and inexpensive (maybe free) download that will allow me to save to my hd pictures that are protected against this? Thanks. -John in San Antonio

Relevancy 45.58%

I know that this will sound like a very foolish question however my neighbor suggested that I post so that I can get a better understanding of this procedure Ov er the years I have tried out purchase programs on Trial and then bought and got my key license which I have diligently recorded and put away D/l Save Software When The Process? I I Can Purchased A for safekeeping Then I have bought the CD that accompanies the program My neighbor tells me that I am wasting my b c I can save and burn this to a Data dvd with my Nero program I have always been afraid to do this as I never do data cd s though I have apps that do Backups which I do regularly The reason that I ask this now is b c I will be purchasing programs in the near future that want for the program s CD that would be mailed I really would appreciate comments and brief instructions as to how to go about saving and burning via a Nero Data dvd of the Installed program in the Event of a Crash of my notebooks which I backup but you never know Again I aplogize for what likely will be interpreted as a silly question Thank you for your time BTW would this quot Save quot also include drivers etc if the App needed it I guess what I am saying is whether this is indeed the best way to do this or should I opt for the CD

A:When I D/l A Purchased Software Can I Save The Process?

Unless the disk includes "extras", there shouldn't be a need for it.
Just download the executable and save it to disk, then if you ever need to reload the program, just run the executable.
When saving the executable to a data disk, I'd also include a notepad document containing additional information about the program, such as the key / license number, URL to the site, and any additional information that would be useful, such as any special instruction about how to use the program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162519/when-i-dl-a-purchased-software-can-i-save-the-process/
Relevancy 45.15%

i have purchased AVG antivirus. i have been  updating it with the internet connection. now if i want to format my computer, i have to install the antivirus afresh and to update . more than a 100 mb files are to be downloaded for the first time. for this , i have to connect with the internet. the question is ,, can i save the present status of the antivirus so that i can install the antivirus after the formatting, then i  will have to update a few files only of which the size will be very small. thanks

A:how to save the updated fiies of the antivirus software ?

i have purchased AVG antivirus. i have been  updating it with the internet connection. now if i want to format my computer, i have to install the antivirus afresh and to update . more than a 100 mb files are to be downloaded for the first time. for this , i have to connect with the internet. the question is ,, can i save the present status of the antivirus so that i can install the antivirus after the formatting, then i  will have to update a few files only of which the size will be very small. thanksNot that I am aware of.What you may be able to do is download the current version of the installer if you ever need to re-install AVG. Many software programs have a "generic" download and then you enter a key code to "activate" it. If that is how AVG works, then you should be able to re-download the latest installer that will be fairly up-to-date...you might still have some minor updating to do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503905/how-to-save-the-updated-fiies-of-the-antivirus-software/
Relevancy 45.15%

I took out a network card and installed a dial up modem. I have loaded Aol also. But when my pc is turned off it loses all of this and I have to again reinstall everything. How do I save this information to my hard drive so that I don't continue to lose it.
I also have tryed repeatedly to remove Networking software programs form my PC. But when it is re-booted the same software appears again.

A:My Compaq deskpro won't save aol, or software when turned off

How do I get the Networking programs out of my PC

I have a compaq deskpro that was given to me. I removed the networking card and added a dialup modem. But I am not being able to remove all the software that was used for the networking. When I do remove it, it comes right back after I re-boot my pc. How in the world do I keep this stuff off my pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-compaq-deskpro-wont-save-aol-or-software-when-turned-off.46392/
Relevancy 45.15%

Presently I need to scan a document twice to save as two different types i.e pdf and jpeg or even if I want to save in colour and Black n White separately than also I have to scan two times. I am using HP scanning software for my HP flatbed scanner. Is there any way or other scanning software so that I could save the scanned documents in pdf and jpeg by scanning once. Same thing that to scan once but save in both color and Black n White.

A:Way/software to scan documents and save as both pdf and jpeg in one go

In the past, I had noticed a certain pdf reader would generate a picture of the pdf page in the temp folder. So that may be a non-hardware solution that will save wear-n-tear on the scanner, albeit time-consuming.

As for color and black-n-white, I think a photo-editing program that can batch-manipulate color into black-n-white would be a better option.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/57547-way-software-scan-documents-save-both-pdf-jpeg-one-go.html