Windows Support Forum

Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen!

Q: Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen!

I tried to create a new Help at bar white the is stuck screen! the Solved: at Windows bottom XP - of the quot profile quot so I made a copy of the Profile quot that I had in Windows system properties and called it GAME to configure my computer for gamming not loading Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen! in all the extra crap like virus updates etc So I made the copy and exited windows so that I could sign on as GAME and set the hardware like I want After Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen! shutdown I restarted and Windows asked which profile that I woul like to use I choose GAME Windows never fullly loaded and after about minutes with no activity I reset the system to go back to the old profile quot Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen! profile quot Now I can not get windows to boot into any profile either GAME or Profile I get down to the quot Select Profile quot screen and no matter what I choose I can not boot into windows All I get is the blasted white bar at the bottom of the screen What am I to do AMD Anthlon X Windows XP SP MSI K MM-V Corsair TwinX X GB PC matched set ATI X XT I am pretty sure it is Windows because all the hardware post and I get no beeps from the BIOS Setup X Maxtor GB SATA Primary IDE for boot on channel X Maxtor GB IDE Secondary IDE on channel slave storage disk X CDROM IDE Secondary IDE on channel master CDROM Even when I power off and restart the first start I have the options to go into Safe Mode but when I am asked for the quot profile quot of either GAME or Profile I still end up with the white bar at the bottom of the screen Help please BIOS IS set properly and reading as it should TIA nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Help - Windows XP is stuck at the white bar at the bottom of the screen!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-windows-xp-is-stuck-at-the-white-bar-at-the-bottom-of-the-screen.527755/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys this is my first post here..off late I have been noticing a white box at the bottom of my screen,it's not there when I'm at desktop,but if any window or browser is open,there it is.
I have attached a screenshot of it,thanks for any help

A:Odd white box at the bottom right of my screen!

Looks like a uTorrent popup box that never loaded properly. Update java/flash player?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/155000-odd-white-box-bottom-right-my-screen.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I recently downloaded some viruses or whatever on to my pc. I'm not very good with computers and my first reaction was to use malwarebytes to remove. It said I had hundreds of Pups and I removed them all. After that it said I needed to restart to apply effects. After the restart, I could login with my password. After that it comes up with a black screen and a little bar on the bottom left. It has an x, a question mark, and a 'wind...'. Upon clicking the wind... A reflection bar goes up and you can select close or move.

A:Pc black screen with a little white bar on bottom

Selection* not reflection sorry

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/pc-black-screen-little-white-bar-bottom-4609529/
Relevancy 75.25%

My computer was turning off every time i tried to turn it on I ran my computer in safe mode and tried to restore to before the previous update The computer then attempted to reboot as a process of the system restore As it was Computer a with cursor Black a screen [SOLVED] white on before login? stuck gets turning back on the computer shut down again mid-process After some research i concluded that the problem was that my CPU was overheating I purchased thermal composite and applied it as instructed on the suppliers website I attempted to reboot my computer but after the [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? green-bars loading screen the computer screen became black with the cursor in the middle of the screen I am sure this is due to the sudden shut down during the restoration process I have tried [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? running my computer in safe mode but i get the same result After further research i tried the F advanced boot screen The quot Repair my Computer quot option is not available I built this computer a year ago I [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? believe Windows is corrupted because at the start up loading screen with the small green bars the logo doesnt show on top Please help

A:[SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login?

do you still have the Vista installation CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-gets-stuck-on-a-black-screen-with-a-white-cursor-before-login-498177.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Yesterday I was playing a video game called Dying Light in my Dell 5558 i5. Paused the game for like 15 minutes to eat and then come back. but looks like the game was frozen, mouse wasnt moving, could not minimize the game, or do anything, so I decided to close the screen of the laptop with the hope that it will turn the game normally or at least run the windows again.
but the screen didnt close, it didnt put on sleep. (I know it was a stupid move) 
so I force shut down the pc, and when start it up, more than 3 little dots appeared on the bottom left side of my screen. 
it looks like its hardware problem.. how to fix this? I dont have this laptop more than 6 months and is kept in a good shape, no direct hit, or anything..

A:Little white dots appeared on the bottom left of the screen

Hi BERGEX,
Do you see these dots from the time you power on the system or when it boots into Windows? Is this a cluster or 3 separate pixels? Have you checked to see if this might be a smudge or a speck of dirt?
Check for the issue while you run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG
Also, restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS and check if the issue is seen in BIOS.
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional. Check if the dots are seen while running the diagnostics as well.
Connect an external monitor and check if the issue is seen on the external monitor as well.
If the external monitor is fine, then the issue is with the LCD. If not, the graphics card is at fault.
If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email).
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992225
Relevancy 75.25%

Please load the following in your IE9:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<HTML>
<BODY style="background-color: black">
</BODY>
</HTML>

Can you see a 2 pixel thick white line at the bottom?
In IE8 it wasn't there!
Is this something in my settings?

A:IE9 in full screen shows white line at bottom

I've forgot to mention: go full screen (F11) and hide the status bar to see the white line at the bottom of a black screen.

I could not find a way of editing my post...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-in-full-screen-shows-white-line-at-bottom-569399.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi again I previously posted on this issue so there are images and a bottom on to recede horizontal withi... white that screen lines complete description from my post a few days ago Briefly when the laptop has white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... been shut down or sleeping for more than a few hours there are white horizontal lines on the bottom part of the screen that slowly recede completely to the bottom The lines do not show up on an external monitor running in duplicate mode nbsp nbsp I have removed the screen twice now and checked reseated the connections at the screen and under the keyboard The problem persists nbsp I flashed the BIOS a few days ago and the problem persists nbsp The webcam mic and WWAN WLAN are all in perfect working condition and the computer works extremely well aside from this screen issue nbsp Before I drop any more money on this used laptop my only question at this point is does this sound like strictly a screen display cable issue If it was a motherboard problem would I be seeing other problems If it's the graphics card going bad would I be seeing other problems Like I said white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... the white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... computer works perfectly once it's operating nbsp nbsp Anybody have any helpful ideas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/white-horizontal-lines-on-screen-that-recede-to-bottom/td-p/5621810
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Desktop PC no brand windows gig SSD gigs ram I think various browsers Problem this morning when I fired up my computer my mouse cursor stuck - screen left of cursor bottom started acting odd dropping off where I was placing it to the bottom left of my screen below the start button - unfortunately not on it My first thought batteries changed them no change in mouse behavior Second thought new mouse failure Used another brand new mouse with fresh batteries that cursor stuck - bottom left of screen one's cursor is stuck too same place next thought ok reboot - cold unplugged let it rest a while reboot EGAD BSOD At that point after a short panic I unplugged my secondary internal drive gig storage and put in my OS disc and managed to boot repair from there It did take a while And yet still no mouse cursor control well it will briefly respond cursor stuck - bottom left of screen and move but not actually land elsewhere so yesterday I cursor stuck - bottom left of screen did a few driver updates including my graphics driver - Nvidia ge force I think I may have put those drivers on the second drive Not c currently windows is up my desktop seems in tact but with my mouse stuck I'm rather stuck too I've just printed out a bunch of keyboard short cuts to go see if I can do a system restore to before the driver updates yesterday to see if that works If anyone knows of something else to try it would be greatly appreciated

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127684-cursor-stuck-bottom-left-screen.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My mouse gets stuck at the top or bottom of the screen & the arrow changes changes into an arrow like this:

The only way to get my mouse back is to restart my PC. This happens quite frequently & is VERY annoying!

This has to have happened to someone else as it's also happend to a couple of my friends. What causes this & is there a way to correct it other that reinstalling XP?

Thanks!

A:My mouse gets stuck at the top or bottom of the screen & the arrow changes changes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mouse-gets-stuck-at-the-top-or-bottom-of-the-screen-the-arrow-changes-changes.649946/
Relevancy 67.08%

hi all-

hope everyone is having a restful weekend--have a quick question for the experts. one of my desktop computers has had a problem for a while now, mainly, that when you have multiple programs open, and when you minimize one of them (i.e. explorer), instead of a tab showing up at the bottom of the screen so that if you want to go back to the program you can just by clicking on it, nothing shows up there--the program is still running (it appears on task manager).....i was wondering whether anyone has a fix for this!

thanks again in advance for your help

cheers
k

A:Solved: not seeing minimized programs in windows toolbar at bottom of screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-not-seeing-minimized-programs-in-windows-toolbar-at-bottom-of-screen.481548/
Relevancy 67.08%

Below you'll see a video of the issue I'm having. Whenever I run my desktop, it goes directly to a white screen. I immediately presumed this was a graphical fault and so changed monitors and leads. This has made no difference at all. I've tryed hitting F8 and F12 on start up...

If this was a virus, surely it would require the computer to have actually of loaded up to a certain point? This happens straight away the second I boot it up. I'm stuck for ideas and Google is returning the wrong information so I've resulted in uploading a video of the issue and creating an account on a tech forums.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWFmeJSTPjY&list=UUTMU2RUlrglLIYbq4lbS4Yw

Thank you in advance!

Relevancy 67.08%

I just installed doom 3. When i started plaing it i noticed 2 thin white lines running verticaly on the left side of the sceen, and 1 thin green line running horizontily. I have 2 6600 nividia vidio cards with sli. Any help is greatly appriciated.

A:GREEN and WHITE LINE STUCK ON SCREEN

Just when you play the game do the lines show, or ever since no matter what program is running?

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Is your monitor LCD or CRT?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-and-white-line-stuck-on-screen.385949/
Relevancy 67.08%

There is a moving cursor but nothing else happens. the login page does not appear. The screen background just stays blue with white rays. I do not want to lose any files. What can I do ?

A:HELP PLEASE!!! blue screen with white rays stuck

I would recommend going through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot, and post back the results of each step to see if we have further troubleshooting steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240549-help-please-blue-screen-white-rays-stuck.html
Relevancy 66.22%

sorry if this is the wrong place for this-wasn't sure.

I guess I have that white screen virus. I think I could handle removing it but I need the desktop and safe mode is stopping lots of tricks. But I cannot get to anything.

Sys restore fails everytime.

how the heck do I fix this.Without reinstall.

A:white screen virus stuck in safe mode

hi,and welcome to eight forums .
if this is the wrong place someone will move it .
you could try making a virus removal boot cd on another computer to use ,like this one in the link ,there are others but I chose this one to show you .
Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/42319-white-screen-virus-stuck-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Today I started up my pc and after the BIOS screen the place where you can press f -f for various options it went to a black screen with a blinking underscore in the upper left corner and stayed there indefinitely It did this even after reboot I flashing with Computer black screen white stuck at underscore tried using the diagnostic tool and everything it tested passed including HDD I did this test twice and the same results were produced I also googled for similar problems Computer stuck at black screen with flashing white underscore one topic mentioned that the op disassembling his computer and physically tapping a chip on the motherboard caused it to work but I have no experience with taking apart my computer and i do not want to break it accidentally I did however chance upon a topic advising him to do a CMOS reset which apparently helped that op so i looked through the various options on the BIOS page There was one option f I think mentioning CMOS on its fourth sub-window so i pressed the reset option but I'm not entirely sure if I used the right function I uninstalled kaspersky pure and replaced kaspersky pure for kaspersky anti-virus yesterday dont know if this was the cause I am using windows bit However I am also not able to tell whether it is Windows Home Premium Pro or Ultimate because I have no idea how to access to the start menu or the run dialog from what amounts to basically only the BIOS screen As such I cannot tell which is the proper windows SP ISO that I should be using Can anyone help

A:Computer stuck at black screen with flashing white underscore

Hi and welcome to TSF please post the make and model of your computer or if a custom build the make and model of
Motherboard
cpu
gpu
ram
psu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-at-black-screen-with-flashing-white-underscore-671929.html
Relevancy 65.36%

my pc always stuck there when I am running a program such as PPstream or O2jam

when it stuck there, I cannot do anything unless press the restart button on CPU to restart my pc.

do you know what is happen ? and how to solve it ?

when it stuck there, the screen will be like the picture below link.

http://www.friendster.com/photos/19247164/1/112640798

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-there-and-the-screen-turn-to-green-blue-red-white-color.618581/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello!

I am posting for my grandfather...he has an older gateway laptop that's giving him a bit of trouble. Whenever we try to boot it up, it shows the regular screen for about 2 seconds, but then there is a all white screen and the web cam light is on. I've tried the (esc) button and the task manager hoping that its the webcam software, but it does not work.

So the only time he can access his computer is if I go to shut it down, and then press the "cancel' button if it gives me the option, which is usually only when there is a program running.

His laptop has windows vista, which I hear tends to produce a multitude of technical issues...but is there any way that we can fix this issue without having to pay to upgrade it or pay to have it fixed?

~Lisa-Marie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-white-screen-and-webcam-light-on-at-laptop-startup.1080560/
Relevancy 65.36%

Today I started up my pc and after the BIOS screen the place where you can press f -f for various options it went to a black screen with a blinking underscore in the upper left corner and stayed there indefinitely It did this even after reboot I tried using the diagnostic tool and everything it tested passed including HDD I did this test twice and the same results were produced I also googled for similar problems one topic mentioned that the op disassembling his computer and physically tapping a chip on the motherboard caused it to work but I have no experience with taking apart my computer and i do not want to break it accidentally I did however chance upon a topic advising him to do a CMOS reset which apparently Computer flashing screen black at stuck with underscore white helped Computer stuck at black screen with flashing white underscore that op so i looked through the various options on the BIOS page There was one option f I think mentioning CMOS on its fourth sub-window so i pressed the reset option but I'm mot entirely sure if I used the right function I uninstalled kaspersky pure and replaced kaspersky pure for kaspersky anti-virus yesterday dont know if this was the cause I am using windows bit

A:Computer stuck at black screen with flashing white underscore

On you computers Motherboard there is a round battery. Remove it and put it back in and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259813-computer-stuck-black-screen-flashing-white-underscore.html
Relevancy 64.93%

The computer had been working fine before, but now it is stuck on a black screen saying things like "memory bank 1: not installed" and other various banks up to 4 which say "2048 MB/DDR3 SDRAM" and also "initializing USB controllers...done".
I tried shutting the power off and on but the same screen stays.
It also says to press F10 to enter setup but when I press the key, nothing works and is completely stuck.

A:HP Pavillion p6310y stuck on start black screen with white text?

Mate first reseat all the sticks and clan the slots if it is an older machine

SLOTCLEANING

Now as for the slots to clean them use astrip of old credit card about 1/2 inch wide nip the corners off one end - preferably round them offhold apiece of thin lint free cloth over the end dab on some form of alcohol - isopropyl alcohol (what we swab the skin with before an injection) is good and GENTLY swipe along the slots.

This can also be done for the GPU slot/s.

then run this if it does not function

MEMTEST

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html this one you will need to make a bootable disk set the BIOSto optical (or USB if preferred) boot the machine and let it run for at LEAST 8 passesunless the errors come upstraight away. Takes a fair time to complete and some leave it runningovernight.

If you do get errors and have morethan one stick then you will need to test each one separately and maybe even inthe separate slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/326167-hp-pavillion-p6310y-stuck-start-black-screen-white-text.html
Relevancy 64.93%

First, i restarted my stupid computer
Then, i got that grub error.
I happily fixed that.
However, when I restarted it again,
I got stuck at black screen with stupid blinkking white dash.
So I use the Recovery Disc thingy
And i clicked that first option.
Then it says, something like
unable to fix it.
Then it says that the stupid missing boot thingy is missing.
Googled for solution.
Tried those command prompt like
Fixmbr or scanos
(it says theres an installation
I typed Y for yes and still,
That boot missing chkdsk thingy still pops up)
Remove hardwares (wait whats a hardware is it those usb thingy?)
Checked the BIOS which I googled again for its meaning.(and yes, it is in order)
But never worked.
So any suggestions or explain with more detail?
Because I have no idea about these computer stuffs.
Help me !

A:Boot missing, stuck at black screen with blinking white dash, and more

GRUB can often corrupt Win7 beyond repair when on the same HD. You may end up having to wipe the HD to reinstall.

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219953-boot-missing-stuck-black-screen-blinking-white-dash-more.html
Relevancy 63.21%

When I started it up this morning it won't go past the black screen and white circle loading page ( after the dell logo). I have run a diagnostic scan but it says everything is ok...any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997038
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey

Just fitted a new coolmaster 500w safer and better PSU to my system and now the screen goes white on loading flicking to black occasionally. It does sound like it is loading windows and running the hdd, but nothing shows.

It ran fine before and I've made no other hardware changes

Any ideas? Tnx

A:Solved: Installed new PSU, white screen on loading windows

It was a problem with the vista update that installed at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-new-psu-white-screen-on-loading-windows.1060578/
Relevancy 62.35%

On my taskbar, when I open a document, it now shows on the bottom right of the taskbar instead of the bottom left. How can I get the documents back to the bottom left of the taskbar?

A:Documents show on bottom right of screen instead of bottom left

Microsoft has a "Fix it for me" feature that might help. Might be worth a try.How to move the Windows Taskbar from its default position or reset it to its default position

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323771/documents-show-on-bottom-right-of-screen-instead-of-bottom-left/
Relevancy 61.49%

All of a sudden the "stuff," e.g., the start "button," quick launch icons (Outlook, IE, desktop) and other icons that were at the bottom of my computer screen have moved to the top of the screen. Does anyone know how I can move them back to the bottom of the screen? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 61.06%

a white line always flashing at the bottom of my screen...
plz help

A:white line keep flashing at bottom

What model laptop and does it happen at any screen angle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377874-white-line-keep-flashing-bottom.html
Relevancy 59.77%

When I got this used computer the recede that to ... on startup bottom horizontal lines White the first time I fired it up the monitor had white horizontal lines running about way up the screen As I sat there for about a minute they slowly receded to the bottom of the screen and didn t reappear I wrote it off to a driver glitch or some piece of hardware getting settled in nbsp I turn a laptop completely off when I know I m done using it for the day I ve noticed that this computer has the white horizontal lines if the computer is shut down for any length of time longer than a few hours The longer the computer is left off the higher up the screen the white lines go when it s turned back on nbsp I think it may be important to note that if I leave it in sleep mode and shut the lid it never has this issue I never use hibernate so don t know what it does then White horizontal lines on startup that recede to the bottom ... Also when there's a large block of white on the screen I can't see or access anything behind it None of my icons are visible where it is white and nothing can be clicked on The computer goes through its normal startup and the lines just keep slowly receding until they hit the bottom of the screen and the computer operates normally after that - for now nbsp Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this issue It s not a major concern right now because I can just put the computer to sleep when it s not in use but I d like to know if it sounds like the graphics card or something major is going bad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-horizontal-lines-on-startup-that-recede-to-the-bottom/td-p/5615112
Relevancy 59.77%

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate View Bottom Can't of Screen Solved: The screen resolutions were changed and the screen is now to big to see the bottom I can t change the resolutions back as I can t get to Solved: Can't View Bottom of Screen the bottom of the screen to change the resolution and save it I saw this in one of your posts and here was the answer by DaveA quot Once you get to the screen to change the resolution use the quot ALT key space bar quot it will open a small drop down in the upper left corner then select move and click Now you can use the quot Arrow quot keys to move the pane up down left or right until the OK button is accessible If you can not get to the resolution setting then do this move so you can access the slider and OK button quot I tried this and it worked however once I touch the mouse to try to change the setting the screen pops back to the original size and I lose the bottom again Every time I touch the mouse it reverts back I tried the Tab Key but didn t get to the resolution to change it How in the world can I get this screen resolution changed Please answer ASAP I am completely stuck without much use of the computer It is a Dell Laptop quot Any suggestions for the screen resolution that should be used Secondly I see int he Registry the changes to the screen resolution but can t change the key If I delete the changes will it harm the registry Will it set it back Please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I have Windows XP and just went to IE7 a few weeks ago. I was checking my mail at yahoo last night when all of a sudden the computer screen changed. Now the top part of my screen is on the bottom under the time and that stuff. To be able to type in a url to go somewhere I have to move my mouse to the top of the page and then the mouse will show up at the bottom (where the top of the page is) Can anyone help with this? If I have to use the computer like this anymore I think It'll drive me crazy.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

This is a hard one to describe, normally only the program icons i currently have open show at bottom of screen but i hit something and everything is showing up. How do i hide "desktop" and "my documents" list again
I am using Windows XP

thank you

Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-icons-at-bottom-of-screen.383687/
Relevancy 59.34%

hey everyone,
the other night while i was updating my ipod my chair broke and i fell right on my butt!!
i hit my elbow pretty hard on the pc box and ever since it has been getting stuck on the logo screen and not booting up except for in safe mode.
i dont know what to do or how to fix this so i am hoping someone could please help me?
i would really appreciate it.
thank you,
jeff
ps: all my specs are in another thread on here so i will find it and post them...

A:[SOLVED] xp getting stuck on windows logo screen

M2N-E

AMD Live!™ Ready
- NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP
- ASUS Fanless Design:Heat-pipe Thermal solution
- 8-CH High Definition Audio
- ASUS Crystal Sound
- Noise Filter
- AI Gear
- AI Nap
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS3

Specifications

CPU Support AMD® Socket AM2+/ AM2 Phenom FX(2000MT/s)/Phenom(2000MT/s)/ Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64/ Sempron
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet™ Technology
AMD64 architecture enables simultaneous 32-bit and 64-bit computing
AMD Live!™ Ready
Chipset NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP(media and communications processor)
Front Side Bus 2000 / 1600 MT/s
Memory Dual channel memory architecture
4 x 240-pin DIMM, support max. 8GB DDR2 800/667/533 ECC and non-ECC, un-buffered memory
*When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.
Expansion Slots 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x4 slot
2 x PCI Express x1
3 x PCI 2.2

Storage NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP supports:
- 1 x Ultra DMA 133 / 100 / 66 / 33
- 6 x Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s
- NVIDIA MediaShield™ RAID supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 and JBOD span cross Serial ATA drives

LAN NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY
Audio ADI 1988 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
Support Jack-Sensing, Enumeration, Multi-streaming and Jack-Retasking
S/PDIF out on back I/O port

USB Max.10 USB2.0/1.1 ports
ASUS Unique Features AI Nap
AI Gear
Advanced Thermal Design:
- ASUS Fanless Design:Heat-pipe Thermal solution
ASUS Crystal Sound:
- Noise Filter
Overclocking Features Intelligent overclocking tools:
- ASUS AI NOS™ (Non-delay Overclocking System)
- AI Overclocking (intelligent CPU frequency tuner)
- ASUS PEG Link (automatically performance tuning)
ASUS O.C. Profile: overclocking configuration-sharing tool
Precision Tweaker:
- vDIMM: 4-step DRAM voltage control
- vCore: Adjustable CPU voltage at 0.0125V increment
- Stepless Frequency Selection (SFS): allowing FSB tuning from 200MHz up to 400MHz at 1MHz increment
- PCI Express x16 Frequency from 100MHz up to 200MHz at 1 MHz increment
Overclocking Protection:
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
ASUS AI Booster Utility
Adjustable FSB frequencies with fixed PCI/PCI Express frequencies

Other ASUS Special Features ASUS EZ DIY:
-ASUS CrashFree BIOS3
-ASUS EZ Flash2
ASUS Music Alarm

Back Panel I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 Keyboard port(purple)
1 x PS/2 Mouse (green)
1 x Coaxial S/PDIF Out port
1 x LAN (RJ45) port
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x COM port
8-channel Audio ports
Internal I/O Connectors 3 x USB 2.0 connectors support additional 6 USB 2.0 ports
1 x Floppy disk drive connector
1 x IDE connector for two devices
6 x SATA connectors
1 x CPU / 4 x Chassis / 1 x Power Fan connectors
1 x ADH connector
1 x Parallel connector
Chassis Intrusion connector
Front Panel Audio connector
1x S/PDIF output connector
CD audio in
24-pin ATX Power connector
System panel connector
4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
BIOS 4Mb AWARD BIOS, PnP, DMI, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3
Manageability WOL by PME, WOR by PME, Wake on Wireless LAN, Chasis Intrusion, PXE
Accessories 1 x Floppy disk drive cable
1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 cable
4 x SATA cables
2 x SATA power cable for 4 devices
1 x I/O Shield
User's manual
Support Disc Drivers
ASUS PC Probe II
ASUS Update
ASUS AI Booster
NVIDIA MediaShield™ RAID
Anti-virus software (OEM version)

Form Factor ATX Form Factor, 12"x 9.6" (30.5cm x 24.5cm)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-getting-stuck-on-windows-logo-screen-378498.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I got stuck on the logon screen on my windows 7 laptop tried many things like yanking out the battery and no luck so I did these steps:
Started windows in safe mode with networking,
Booted up logged on,
Went to Control Panel,
Repair, System restore,
Restored the system and Voil? it was back up and running.

A:Stuck on logon screen on windows 7 **SOLVED**

Well sometimes even getting into Safe Mode and restarting works :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/359855-stuck-logon-screen-windows-7-%2A%2Asolved%2A%2A.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi
Recently I insalled a new hard drive on my sisters PC. I wanted her to be able to go straight to the desktop after loading and not get the log in screen. so I went to start, run and typed (I think) userpasswords2 or soemthing like that and unchecked the box about passwords being allowed or something. (I found a site that explained how to do it)
anyway, now when I try to start up the PC, it gets all the way to the desktop and then super fast an error message comes up that says "Windows could not load..." and I can't read the rest because a new screen appears over the top of it that says "Windows is loading" but it stays there for hours and never loads.
Can anyone help?? I can't get into do anything! PLEASE!

A:Solved: stuck on windows is loading screen

Hi, have you tried getting into safe-mode(F8 on booting up-i think) and do a system restore from there.

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-stuck-on-windows-is-loading-screen.761546/
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer will not finish the startup process Once it loading Solved: XP screen Windows stuck at gets to the quot Windows is starting up quot screen it stops Normally after it Solved: Windows XP stuck at loading screen finishes this it goes to quot Applying your personal settings quot but it does not get that far -My system s information Gateway GR Purchased on January -Background on my issue This Solved: Windows XP stuck at loading screen issue started yesterday I left my computer running through the night and while I was at work I have it scheduled to shut down every week day at noon so that it has had a few hours to rest before I get home I first discovered the issue when I started up my computer earlier today -Things I have tried Performing a cold boot Waiting for it to load fully I left it alone for an hour and It did not finish loading Pressing f at startup screen selecting quot start using last good configuration quot Did not change anything Pressing f at startup screen selecting quot start in safe mode quot Also did not change anything -Things I have not tried Using a boot disk My computer does not have a floppy disk drive and I do not know how to make a boot disk for a CD or USB memory device Wiping the hard disk I do not know how to do this from outside of windows nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP stuck at loading screen

Get a windows xp pro cd then when you boot up your computer, you would see an instruction like ''Press any key to boot from cd'' then press any key on the keyboard. then the win xp setup will load, press R to repair, when the repair page appears, you would see something like C:\ continue with this command ''chkdsk /r'' without the quotation marks. This repair process can take up to an hour or more. After this process is finished., type chkdsk /p and after this one also finishes, type exit to close the repair console and the computer will boot when it's booting when it prompts you to press any key to boot from cd, don't do anything until it loads to windows, then now you can take out your cd from the ROM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-stuck-at-loading-screen.713036/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone,

I just got myself a new Samsung S24B350HL 24" LED wide screen monitor.

On a black background, I can notice the bottom right corner of the screen has a bright spot. I've tried a lot of different settings, but nothing will get rid of it. I've also tried adjusting the picture with my Nvidia software. No change.

I know this is a known issue on LED and LCD monitors, but other than taking it back to the store, is there anything I can do? Is there a good chance other monitors will do the same?

Thank you

Relevancy 58.91%

I want to print a four page copy of a folder I have saved in My Documents, but the MS Word bar, which I have been using to type the copy, at the bottom of my screen is blinking back and forth between blue and orange. It won't let me close it so I can print the copy. It won't even let me shut down the computer. It just keeps blinking. How can I get it to GO AWAY so I can start over and finally print my material from My Documents? A message that has popped up tells me I have to close it before I can copy the material, but it just keeps blinking.

Thanks.

A:Solved: MS Word blinking on bar at bottom of screen

You could try closing it in Task Manager/Processes Tab.

To open Task Manager, hold down the Ctrl+Shift Keys and hit the Esc key. Select the processes tab and look in the list of running processes for WINWORD.EXE. Click it so its highlighted, then click the End Process button at the bottom of the window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-word-blinking-on-bar-at-bottom-of-screen.1008539/
Relevancy 58.91%

Got new ASUS N53JQ laptop, running Windows7, and can't get the taskbar to lock. I put the cursor "under" screen at bottom, right click to show taskbar, then click on "Lock the taskbar". A tick appears against it, but when I then click on the main screen, the taskbar disappears again. Any suggestions please? Thanks

A:Solved: Taskbar at bottom of screen won't lock

Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties. Make sure the box is unticked to Auto-hide, click Apply and ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-taskbar-at-bottom-of-screen-wont-lock.989309/
Relevancy 58.91%

! am running Windows XP Pro SP3.

A couple of days ago when I was working on a spreadsheet and downloading an upgrade I noticed that the Task Bar/Activities bar which usually sits at the bottom of the screen had taken itself up to the top of the screen. I swear I didn't tell it to do that or knowingly do anything to make it do that.

I have searched around the newbie level books I have on Windows XP, and can't work out a way to make it go down to the bottom again.

Can anyone please help?

Relevancy 58.91%

First off this isn't a printing problem, this problem is literally with the program as I see it on my monitor. Suddenly the entire window has been shoved down half an inch or so and even when it's maximized- the bottom of word extends to below my monitor's view, so I can't see what page I'm on, how many characters on the page, etc. At the same time there's this gap at the top, because the window no longer reaches the top of the monitor. I can minimize the window and see it all that way, but I really don't like working in a minimized window. I just want word to fill up the entire monitor screen, with nothing cut off. I'm pretty sure there's a way to configure word to do this, but I have no idea how. Can anyone shed some light on this?

A:Solved: Word Won't Extend to the Bottom of the Screen

Do you have it in View, Print Layout? Also, on the Standard toolbar, at the far right, there is a zoom control. The default is for 100% - change it to a lower setting (75% shows more, 50% usually shows all of a page) in order to see everything.
As for the gap at the top, do you have some toolbar running there (perhaps even hidden) that takes up the space?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-wont-extend-to-the-bottom-of-the-screen.560700/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello again everyone!

I have set my screen saver timeout to 1 minute awhile ago and now it won't allow me to change it to anything else. Even if i uncheck the "On resume, display logon screen" it still times out to 1 minute with "None" selected and the check box unchecked. After one minute of no activity, the log on screen is shown (after the lock screen).

I have tried everything except "Refreshing windows settings"

I am really annoyed and never had any troubles before. Google isn't helping either, everything Google showed I have tried. One things said about resetting security policies under user accounts but i do not have anything like that.

Thanks everyone!

A:[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Screen Saver timeout stuck at 1 min

Hi did you see this post

You may be at the wrong screen. You are most likely under PC Settings -> Accounts. The easiest way is to just press the windows key -> type: "user accounts" -> Reset Security Policies, located on the upper left hand side of the window.

Also found under:

Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Security -> User Accounts

If it is not located under there then I believe that no changes have been made that require a reset, or you may have a different issue at hand other than an application enabling a 1 minute auto-lock feature onto your window's user account.

Good Luck.

Edited by ameier3030 Wednesday, October 01, 2014 11:37 PM

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 11:36 PM
|
ameier303
found here https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w8itprogeneral

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-windows-8-1-screen-saver-timeout-stuck-at-1-min-939586.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am unable to get into Windows Vista at all I have a laptop Resume Solved: Windows Loader screen at Stuck and the problem started with trying to load a program that for reasons unknown no longer loads and when I tried to restart it hung endlessly on the logging off screen The only way I got it to shut off was by unplugging the power adapter till it ran out of battery power Then when I replug it and turn it on it keeps trying to restore windows to where it was except where it was was frozen on Solved: Stuck at Windows Resume Loader screen the logging out screen I can alt ctrl del back to the splash screen once it gets to the Windows Resume loader screen that says Continue with system resume press enter to continue But I tried tapping F so it will stop trying to resume windows but I can t bring up the boot menu I had this exact problem yesterday when I Solved: Stuck at Windows Resume Loader screen tried to open this same program except through some unclearly remembered sequence of hitting alt ctrl del and or F I was able to get some screen to come up that said it recognized the windows restore was not successful and if I would like to start windows normally but I can t seem to recreate this solution Can I get into windows through the boot menu where can I choose to boot from harddrive or will that erase something Please help I am completely locked out of windows UPDATE I was able to fix this problem by doing the following I waited until a quot Resuming quot screen came up after pressing enter to try to resume windows then while it was up I hit alt ctrl del which restarted back to the splash screen but this time once the splash screen finished I got a message that came up giving me the option of no longer trying to restore windows to its previous session but instead start normally nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-stuck-at-windows-resume-loader-screen.835093/
Relevancy 58.91%

This morning our lovely cleaners came in and cleaned our pcs as Solved: Loading screen Windows HELP! Stuck on Win2000Pro they regularly do in our company After they were done I tried starting pc and all was hunky dory until Win Pro hit the starting Windows loading screen you know the one with the logo and blue squares loader at the bottom It stays there for ages never loading Windows So far I ve tried Recovery console Repair Windows fixmbr fixboot Windows Setup selecting the Repair option in there changed mouse and keyboard just in case all the abovementioned solutions failed Not sure if anyone has any ideas It would be very much appreciated I m trying to avoid having to format and reinstall as some setup data for the company s software will be lost As far as i know no software or hardware have been recently installed on that pc and the person using it doesn t really surf on the internet please heeyaalp thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Win2000Pro Stuck on Loading Windows screen HELP!

after second try in repair install, it's now working!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win2000pro-stuck-on-loading-windows-screen-help.563680/
Relevancy 58.48%

EDIT Should be aswRVRT sys Computer worked fine in the morning Then I turned it off later had windows update then when I came home in the afternoon to open my PC it just didnt work When I try to go to safe mode it just gets stuck at aswRVRT sys If it helps I already ran FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FK MU P on - - Running from K Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GamecomSound - C Program Files screen/ "starting stuck Boot menu on at Windows Windows" aswRVRT.exe stuck Plantronics GameCom Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe GameCom exe - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MsmqIntCert - regsvr s mqrt dll HKLM Run Nvtmru - C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run UMonit - C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe - - HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ShadowPlay - C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run jmekey - C Program Files x jmesoft hotkey exe - - JME HKLM-x Run ModeSwitch - C Program Files Lenovo Power Dial LitModeSwitch exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run CLMLServer - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run IdeaNotesUser - C Program Files x DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe - - Digital Delivery Networks Inc HKLM-x Run SetDefaultSCR - C Program Files x Lenovo Lenovo Screensaver SetDefaultSCR exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run avast - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run KeePass PreLoad - C Program Files x KeePass Password Safe KeePass exe - - Dominik Reichl HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite - C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run ROCCAT Savu Gaming Mouse - C Program Files x ROCCAT Savu Mouse Savu Monitor exe - - ROCCAT GmbH HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui - C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run kxesc - c program files x kingsoft kingsoft antiviruskxetray exe -autorun HKU Default RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Krystal Run GoogleDriveSync - C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU Krystal Run S... Read more

A:Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe

Anyone please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512763/windows-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-boot-menu-stuck-at-aswrvrtexe/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello...I have a thin blue line on the bottom of my lcd monitor. Not all the time though. It's only when the desk top, itunes and firefox / I.E. are up.. Maybe a millimeter wide. It's doen't go through the green "windows start" button when it is up or when the media player screen is on. So I don't think there is anything physically wrong with it. Is there any adjustment for this? It's not a big deal, it's just that knowing it's there is kinda aggravating.

Screen cap with the line at the botton
Two with out it
You can see the blue stops where the media player skin starts

A:Solved: Blue line on bottom of lcd monitor screen

That appears to be the taskbar in Auto-Hide mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-line-on-bottom-of-lcd-monitor-screen.784000/
Relevancy 58.48%

In between the bottom horizontal bar where the START button is, and the actual screen page there is another horizontal bar which most of the time shows nothing on it. Is that supposed to be that way and how can I get rid of it? Thank you so much for your help.

A:Solved: EXCEL 2000 Horizontal bar at bottom of screen

Hi Frank,
Are you able to show us a screenshot of the bar you're talking about? Is it the status bar at the bottom of Excel (that probably says "Ready" in the left hand corner?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2000-horizontal-bar-at-bottom-of-screen.1050883/
Relevancy 58.48%

Excel problem bottom of the workbook is off the screen.
Some workbooks, when I open them, the bottom of the sheet is off the screen and I cant move the top of the workbook high enough to expose the bottom.

A:Solved: Excel problem – bottom of the workbook is off the screen

Might try setting a higher display resolution long
enough to adjust the size of the window,then
switch it back after if everything is too small.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-problem-%C2%96-bottom-of-the-workbook-is-off-the-screen.993526/
Relevancy 58.05%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 57.62%

computer starts up i log in then red screen pops up with a windows icon in bottom left nothing is clickable and only ctrl alt delete does anything other account on comp works fine, it all started couple days ago where it would just flash up and either minimize or close what i was doing can anyone help? much appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40984-red-screen-windows-symbol-bottom-left.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I would like to hit the windows key like in Windows 7 and bring up the bottom taskbar right away AND NOT this app thing....which is useless to me as its not a useful way to open apps....when it consumes the ENTIRE screen.

A:Windows Key Brings up Bottom Task Bar and NOT App screen

Hello ddemers, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Like Windows 7, pressing the Windows key will open Start in Windows 8 as well.

To open to the taskbar, you could press + T keys instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/44785-windows-key-brings-up-bottom-task-bar-not-app-screen.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I NOT REALLY SURE HOW TO DO THIS, MY FIRST TIME, BUT I NEED SOME HELP. I TRIED TO DO IT MYSELF BY SEARCHING AND CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT. SO ANYONE THAT READS THIS, PLEASE HELP THE BEST YOU CAN. I DOWNLOADED COOL PICS ON MY COMPUTER, THAN IT WENT TO SOMETHING ELSE TO INSTALL WITH IT OR IT WOULDNT INSTALL COOL PICS, SO I DID THAT AND IT GOT FROZE NOW IT IS STUCK AT BOTTOM SCREEN NEXT TO START BUTTON, IT WON'T COME OFF AND I TRIED TO RESTART MY COMPUTER, IT WONT DO THAT EITHER, OR EVEN SHUT DOWN. SO IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT OR NEED MORE INFO, JUST LEAVE A COMMENT AND ILL GET BACK. I REALLY NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE. THANKS

A:DOWNLAD FROZE, STUCK AT BOTTOM

Please do not type in all CAPS, it looks like your shouting.
Hold down the power button on your computer until the computer shuts off.
Now Restart it. If you have problems, do a System Restore to a time before you installed this software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downlad-froze-stuck-at-bottom-683839.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i got acer at is bottom after starting the screen 'Setup Blue windows' comes aspire m with standard specs i had try to installed with cd xp pro sp but still the blue screen comes up after Setup is starting windows at the bottom it sounds like this A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is teh first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Blue screen comes after 'Setup is starting windows' at the bottom follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly Blue screen comes after 'Setup is starting windows' at the bottom installed hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corroption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x B xF xc x x I had try a million times changing setup try to detect the hard disk error using other cpu and no damage of it is it the bios that need to be update or the memory or the hard disk itself PLEASE nbsp

A:Blue screen comes after 'Setup is starting windows' at the bottom

Your error is defined in the coded "0xF7934524" of the STOP. You might try Gurgle searching for that... But also look at your Device Manager for devices with a "flag" indicating a problem. sometimes it is merely a need for a driver update.
In our experience, it is either a driver or a hardware component that has failed... memory, video graphics, sound card, cpu fan.
Try booting in SAFE MODE (pressing <F8> repeatedly until it boots then wait a long time for the system to stabilize. You will get a low resolution screen, but that will enable you to run CHKDSK /F. If it does not boot in SAFE MODE, then your problem may be more difficult to resolve.
You can use something like the free MalwareBytes and the free Avira to scan in safe mode. Many others will not scan or will not scan properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-comes-after-setup-is-starting-windows-at-the-bottom.137530/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there Please help My system keep jumping to the bottom of the page or thread whenever I am on the Internet especially on FB and Google Neither the Pg up down buttons nor arrow keys respond This happens whether I am using my keypad or Mouse There is a time delay when I type comments and I have to use the backspace button to return to a previously typed word that I want to change My cursor will also not return to a previous point in the sentence Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode / to HP550 of Windows bottom OS screen /thread jumps XP Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services HP550 / Windows XP OS jumps to bottom of screen /thread exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe HP550 / Windows XP OS jumps to bottom of screen /thread C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe HP550 / Windows XP OS jumps to bottom of screen /thread C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files LSI SoftModem agrsmsvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Tania Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com home php ref hp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre b... Read more

A:HP550 / Windows XP OS jumps to bottom of screen /thread

Can anyone please assist? This happens whether my scroll button is on or off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp550-windows-xp-os-jumps-to-bottom-of-screen-thread.1037859/
Relevancy 56.33%

I don't know what happened, I don't recall making changes to my Control Panel items.  There were no new programs, but -

When I am too near the bottom of the screen and do a mouse click, it takes me to the previous screen which is likely a different program.

I am using Win 7, 64bit, on a HP Notebook.  Thanks to each of you!  I appreciate all the knowledge that is this site.

Pat

A:Windows 7, mouse click near bottom causes jump to previous screen

It sounds like you are clicking on another program in the taskbar? no?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587244/windows-7-mouse-click-near-bottom-causes-jump-to-previous-screen/
Relevancy 55.47%

HI. I AM new to windows vista and after a system restore i have a small white blank screen that cant be minimized or closed It remains on my desktop at all times. I can however move it over and work around it but is very annoying. Does anyone know how to remove it? I noticed it after i uninstalled nortion360 on a new less than 1 week laptop.Thanks for your input.

A:Solved: White screen over desk top screen

Ok. I fixed this by downloading windows live onecare.went to performance plus clicked on view last tune up report, clicked on change my tune up settings. click on change start up settings. click off all nortons 360 and all symantec corporation icons and restarted computer and fixed all. yea!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-screen-over-desk-top-screen.780360/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,I just got myself a second hand Elitebook 8460p to wich I would like to upgrade the RAM. The only problem is that the release latch for the bottom cover is stuck. It doesn't want to go far enough to release the cover.Does someone have a solution to my problem?Is there an alternative way to open the bottom cover?Thank you, any help will be greately appreciated 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bottom-cover-release-latch-stuck-on-HP-Elitebook-8460p/td-p/5659384
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everybody. I own a Zbook, and today a small white dot appeard on my screen. Is brighten then his surroundings and it can be perfectly be seen on the white background. Is quite annoying. Anyone knows a cure for this? my notebook is under warranty, but i still i will prefer if i can fix it somehow whitout changing the display. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Small-white-spot-on-monitor-more-visible-with-white-screen/td-p/5632612
Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought a new Toshiba laptop. Twice now I have had a white screen pop up and I had to shut things down to get rid of it. I wonder if it is a Vista problem or if it has anything to do with using Foxfire (as it says it's a IE blank page )Then again maybe it has some thing to do with power settings. Also I should mention that I just downloaded and installed AVG.
Anyway, if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated...

A:Solved: White screen

Did you get this fixed??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-screen.631601/
Relevancy 55.04%

Since this summer my laptop has been getting a white screen off and on. It is a Dell Vostro 1015. When I tried the BIST test I only got a white screen and was not prompted by any text or sounds to do anything.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6670 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3036 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 6 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 304743 MB, Free - 215165 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0TFXK9
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: White LCD screen

It could be a bad connection on the cable between motherboard and screen. Try moving the screen to see if that causes the white to come or go.

You can check the connections yourself if you're willing to dismantle the laptop, let us know if you want to try that.

Also if possible try connecting an external Monitor to the laptop and check if that gets the white screen too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-lcd-screen.1110510/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I first turn on my PC the screen has started to come up plain grey to start with and them turning to plain white.

If I switch it off at the tower and switch it back on again it boots up normally.

I am getting ever fearful that it will stay white.

Has anyone any idea what is wrong please?

I have a Compaq 1879UK PC, a Xerox X17-19i screen and am running XP SP3.

JamesEB

Relevancy 55.04%

Thanks in advance, Heres the scoop... I just installed XP Pro on a HP media Center PC, I set it all up, made sure it ran in top shape and my friend who's PC it was picked it up...

Then she calls and tells me it worked for a little bit then when she went to log into ITunes the screen blinks a white screen, then went solid white...

I think it the monitor because it didnt do it on several monitors i had hooked up to it.. Anyone ever get a white screen before????

Thanks,
MK

*Dunno if this should be here or Hardware...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-screen.611483/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok I've posted about this before but I thought it had gone away.

Ever since I installed Deus ExInvisible War my pc has crashed, or more precisely the screen turns white while windows is still running in the background. It is unpredictable and sometimes won't happen for up to a month whereas sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times a day. Nothing short of pulling the power, or as I've recently found out pressing the hibernate button will stop it, even then it will take a couple of restarts before the white screen goes away.

Obviously I shelved Deus ex as it seems to be the cause.

What is happening?

A:Solved: White Screen

its possibly overloading ur ram and freezing, becuz u know insides of application windows go white when they stop responding? how much ram have u got, is your system normally stable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-screen.620427/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok I've posted about this before but I thought it had gone away.

Ever since I installed Deus ExInvisible War my pc has crashed, or more precisely the screen turns white while windows is still running in the background. It is unpredictable and sometimes won't happen for up to a month whereas sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times a day. Nothing short of pulling the power, or as I've recently found out pressing the hibernate button will stop it, even then it will take a couple of restarts before the white screen goes away.

Obviously I shelved Deus ex as it seems to be the cause.

What is happening?

A:Solved: White screen

Just to clarify, this all happens out of the game. I only ever played deus ex once which is when it started then i speedily uninstalled it and reinstalled drivers for my graphics card as that was what i was suggested to do here on TGS. The problem went away for a short while after that but has now re emerged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-screen.620428/
Relevancy 55.04%

Once or twice a day my laptop screen turns white, nothing but turning it off and on a few times seems to sort it out. It is quite stressful, any ideas what could be happening?

Relevancy 55.04%

this has been going on for about 2 days now, when i start up my computer, a white screen shows up for about 1 second then goes away, and then i get a white loading bar at the bottom of the screen, like something you would get if you unplugged it and started it up again. can someone help with this? thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi. My Samsung p2370 is stuck in a white screen. My computer seems to be running and booting fine, and the monitor screen stays white even when it is unplugged from the graphics card. I tried new cords and the screen is still white. I don't really think it has anything to do with the PC, as it is white even when it's unplugged. The monitor is about 2 to 3 years old, and has been well taken care of. Any idea what could be causing this, or if there is any way to fix it?
Thanks for reading, and for any replies or advice I may get.

Relevancy 55.04%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 894 Mb
Graphics Card: VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family WDDM, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 120713 MB;
Motherboard: CLEVO Co., M540SR
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.0, Updated and Enabled

Hey All,

I just upgraded to IE 9. It will go to and open Yahoo, Facebook, any site I point it at but, displays nothing but a white screen. Any ideas?

Firefox works OK.

A:Solved: IE 9 Nothing But A White Screen

Close all Internet Explorer windows

Go to Control Panel >> Internet Options

Click the Advanced tab

At the top , tick the "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" option.

Click OK

Open Internet Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ie-9-nothing-but-a-white-screen.1025931/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi And thanks for reading this post Description Windows Starter netbook loads desktop is visible for about seconds then is taken over by a white screen with a submit box on the right bottom portion of the screen Other than a one-line warning that says You have seconds to connect to the to White How Virus Pop-Up Disable - White Screen? Screen internet there are no other messages or directions I suspect it is some type of flawed ransomware with an intelligent very well-hidden code From a USB using command prompt I've tried several dozen malware scanners including HitmanPro and MalwareBytes without success White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen? The computer was infected on and the virus seems to have deleted any previous restore point s The white screen virus locks up Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking The white screen also launches when trying to use explorer exe or opening up notepad to save a file to the desktop Tried to use a new user account to bypass the virus but the white screen locks up the new user account in the same way Safe Mode with Command Prompt works I am thankful to be here for some professional help and look forward to the learning experience I followed Bleeping Computer's directions and uploaded the relevant logs from a recently run Farbar scan Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:White Screen Virus - How to Disable White Pop-Up Screen?

Greetings RecycleZone and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please do this.===================================================Recovery Environment - MBR Dump Using Farbar's Recvovery Scan Tool and ListParts--------------------For this step you will need a USB device and start on a clean computer if necessary.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txtS3 catchme; \??\C:\Users\RZ\AppData\Local\Temp\catchme.sys [X]
S1 epp32; \??\D:\bin\epp32.sys [X]
U2 ERSvc; no ImagePath
U2 IAStorDataMgrsvc; no ImagePath
U2 NIHardwareService; no ImagePath
U2 NVSvc; no ImagePath
U0 Partizan; system32\drivers\Partizan.sys [X]
U2 srService; no ImagePath
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:E965A533
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\RZ\Documents\Opera_NI_stable.exe:BDU
C:\windows\system32\umstartup000.etl
SaveMbr: Drive=0
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool for 32 bit systems and save it to a USB device.Download ListParts for 32 bit systems and save it to your USB devicePlug the flashdrive into the infected PC and follow the 2 step process below to enter the System Recovery Options using one of the three options li... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597761/white-screen-virus-how-to-disable-white-pop-up-screen/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have the same problem When turning on the laptop screen goes to white I can hear windows starting but cannot see anything I Laptop white starts and white stays screen up connected it to an external monitor which will only display once windows has loaded I then took the whole laptop apart and discovered the LCD cable was frayed due to a faulty laptop hinge I replaced the cable and it was the same just white The problem I think is with the motherboard Laptop screen starts up white and stays white and the intergrated video card Upon taking the whole thing apart I noticed that where the video card plugs in is right where the heat sink is and the cooling fan which gets exceptional hot I figure it has fried the board to the extend the monitor will not work where it is plugged in but the external monitor will work but only when windows boots So sad to say because of the the heat this laptop puts off and if you have it sitting on your lap or bed or anywhere else that it cannot cool properly it has over heated and you will have to get a new motherboard Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t up-white-and-stays-white post- nbsp

A:Laptop screen starts up white and stays white

"I connected it to an external monitor, which will only display once windows has loaded"... This is normal behavior because the video signal to the external monitor is not sent until Windows loads. If you can see normal video, the motherboard video chip is good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199498/
Relevancy 54.61%

Computer covers whole screen with either white or white with black and blue stripes Multiple times a day This computer was and Freezes white with turns Screen white stripes or bought in HP Media Center PC Within the second week this freezing it freezes and the screen has a white or white with Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes black and blue stipes occured yes second week my brother was uninformed and thought it was normal and didnt return it It happened often enough as to save anything you were working on every ten to twenty minutes on a bad day It Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes settled and slowly became less of a problem then stoped One day he got a virus and had to restore the computer the freezing started up again same as last time it settled then stoped a month later i recieved this computer as a hand me down as my brother went to college and got a MAC That was in mid summer of a week and a half ago i got a huge virus i restored my computer and the freezing started up again after not doing it once for over a year It has gotten as bad as freezing every minutes some nights And earlier today it froze i turned off and on my computer went down stairs and when i came back it was frozen again I had not even used and program Please help if you have any idea whats wrong Things to keep in mind -It only happened after the computer was restored or bought ish -Its not a normal freeze where you see the programs on the screen still the screen goes completely white or white with black and blue stripes - years old Thanks

A:Screen Freezes and turns white or white with stripes

Then maybe it isn't freezing at all. Maybe there's a problem with your monitor, vga cable, or video card.

Try a different monitor/cable and see if that changes anything. If it doesn't, then try reseating the video card--if any--and if that doesn't work I suggest getting a cheap one from someone's old pc at least to test with.

Installing a new video card can be complicated, but google search for a guide or follow the setup instructions for the video card to the letter and you'll have no problems.

Let us know what's going on, we love to help here... it's like an addiction, but we can stop anytime... really we can.

Welcome to TSF. I know I come off a bit strange, but most of the people here are friendly... and nowhere near as messed up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-freezes-and-turns-white-or-white-with-stripes-402336.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop screen turn white and some random letters appear in the top left corner. I need help please reply!!

A:[SOLVED] screen turn white

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Make and Model number of your PC?

Does this happen all the time?

What are you doing when it does happen?

Does the screen stay a solid white? Do you have pictures?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-screen-turn-white-693869.html
Relevancy 54.61%

when i start my computer up theres a flash of a white screen, then i get a white loading bar at the bottom? im thinking that it might be the outlets or something. could someone help me? thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

When I go to this forum, a blank white screen appears. It started happening just today and is just with this one site. I can acess the log in page ONLY IF I click 'Cache' at the bottom of google. But when I type in my password and username, the same blank white screen comes up.

I'll also add that yesterday, and earlier this morning, this specifica website began running pretty slow for me. And now, I can't get to it at all because of the blank screen.

I made a screencap. Does anyone know what it could be?

A:[SOLVED] Blank White Screen

What happens when you visit with another web browser?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-blank-white-screen-551058.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I've been using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter successfully for several years. Lately, I can successfully use Shrink, but when attempting to burn a copy from the file, the screen goes blank white (not blue or black) and the rig locks up. I have to pull the power plug and reboot to get back up and running. All I'm succeeding in is making coasters.

I'm running Windows XP on a home-built rig with Asus M3N78 PRO MB with AMD Phenom 9500 CPU. I have two Asus and one LG DVD burners, all of which do the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-goes-white-when-burning-dvd.1104401/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi I posted a problem yesterday and it was solved this morning then I made a mistake and the white screen won t go away my first problem was with window update I didn t thought of pressing F and it just solved the whole thing the current problem started because of I screen thing see white Solved: a can't m fixing the previous problem with the laptop connected to tv after rolling back from the previous update I accidentally set Solved: white screen can't see a thing the display to be on tv Solved: white screen can't see a thing only then the computer wants to install a display driver and I hit cancel then upon restarting the darned screen turned garbled before completely turned white Solved: white screen can't see a thing I tried rebooting numerous times until I got a garbled screen and I restored the whole drive C using the manufacturer s provided restore disc then it wants the drivers disc and auto rebooted the white screen is still there it doesn t lighten or darken at all but I waited until the hdd light stopped blinking and I heard the twinkly windows tone but nothing on screen I ve grown desperate rebooting numerous times didn t give the garbled screen back at all I can t see a thing anyone with info advice please nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

My Windows XP machine has just given me a blank white screen It happened while browsing the net and I can do nothing now The screen is totally blank and there is no response to any keystroke or mouse click I switch off and restart the Windows Welcome screen appears plus the fanfare Just ! got a Solved: white blank screen then instead of booting properly it waits a bit then all goes white again The hourglass is flicking on and off showing that some booting-up is perhaps going on but I cannot even get a response from Ctrl-Alt-Del When I press the button to switch off my desktop briefly appears in full colour just as it should be Solved: Just got a blank white screen ! followed by the message that Solved: Just got a blank white screen ! I m logging off and Windows is shutting down i e it doesn t seem as though the machine is totally Solved: Just got a blank white screen ! dead just diverted to this blank white screen Unfortunately after a virus infection some time back this machine will not start in safe mode so I am really stuck Can anyone please help me here It really is vital nbsp

A:Solved: Just got a blank white screen !

Well thanks folks - another nil response, not the first time either. My problems must be a bit naff so I will not be posting here again.
In the off chance that anyone is remotely interested, my blank white screen problem has healed itself. After a day's worth of switching on and switching off again, I suddenly got a message that a program was failing to respond and did I want to close it now? It was a Real Player update, never requested or agreed to, that was not responding and when I closed it, bingo, I had control of my machine again and it proceeded to give me my desktop and everything.
Just so as you know. I won't trouble you again. Adios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-just-got-a-blank-white-screen.1068025/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Just last month the screen on my HP Pavilion g dx started going completely white Sometimes the image would pop back sometimes not And it didn g7 Pavilion Solved: white screen HP t matter if I restarted lightly tapped the back of the monitor or let it cool down It seemed Solved: HP Pavilion g7 white screen to happen after the laptop was running for a while maybe minutes or more Also when I plug an external Solved: HP Pavilion g7 white screen monitor up to it it displays fine Long story short I ended up taking it to a local computer repair place thinking it was either a bad LCD screen busted inverter or a bad connection somewhere The laptop has been in the shop for about three days now because it hasn t gone white until Solved: HP Pavilion g7 white screen today go figure right So the guy at the repair shop calls me and tells me it s the inverter The only problem he says is that this particular model has a non-replaceable inverter built into the motherboard In fact that the next model up has the replaceable one He told me my only recourse was to replace the motherboard which was going to set me back around He also said that basically it s only going to get worse from here on out I m not ordering anything just yet I did happen to find a cheaper motherboard for my laptop on ebay but I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing before I purchased anything Is this true about the built-in inverter I read a few posts online saying that inverter replacement was pretty easy but I guess I just have a lousy model The laptop by the way isn t under warranty anymore I wish I could just send it off to HP to get it fixed Thanks - Danielle nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have read through the threads on white at start screen White up Solved: screens but nothing quite matches my issue I have an HP Pavillion AMD x Dual PC with an LED flat screen monitor AG neovo Windows XP Recently when Solved: White screen at start up I start up my PC the monitor turns white just before I would normally see the log in screen I have to manually shut down and Solved: White screen at start up restart again Sometimes it then goes almost directly to the log in other times I have to repeat this process and it starts up from the beginning Occasionally I have to do this three or four times before I can get it to work There are days that it works just fine the first time though I think that must have something to do with the way I hold my breath and say silent prayers Once I log in it Solved: White screen at start up s fine I work - hours on my computer with no other issues I don t have another monitor to try any ideas I bought this as a bundle years ago nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have an HP Pavilion dv5-1015nr laptop which has an nVidia 9200M GS gfx card, using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Recently I began to have this white screen appear and flash with some thin black lines. It happens almost always right when I start my computer, and randomly when I am using it, for example browsing the web or watching a video.

The screen goes away if I play with the lid, like move it up or down a little bit, and I can resume with whatever I am doing. If I don't do this the computer doesn't reboot or fail to start-up; when I am watching a video and this happens, I can still hear the audio.

And I do have the latest video drivers.

Relevancy 54.61%

Ok before posting replies saying that i didnt research well I did Its just i need a little advice before buying Ok so my on Screen Solved: Boot White problem is that when i boot up my laptop a bright white screen is displayed I can hear the sound of Windows booting up but all there is on the LCD Display is the Solved: White Screen on Boot big white screen I hooked up my laptop on an external screen and i can see everything So i know that its not a problem of the graphics card Im guessing its the LCD Display that is broken Solved: White Screen on Boot or the connector is badly placed or something So i went and did some research Solved: White Screen on Boot and i found out that this might be the cause of some certain connector that connects the LCD Display with i think the mother board that needs to be reseated I went to grab te technical manual and dissasembled my laptop I found the connector but i dont know what to do with it I unscrewed and placed it back but i still get the white screen I know its not the graphics card that is broken nor the LCD because when i sometimes shake my laptop the white screen is gone anyone know what it is that needs to be repaired i was thing of buying a new connector for my laptop but first i need your advices I have a Dell Latitude C Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a gateway labtop at home running XP home addition that is not booting up at all. Actually its not even passing POST. When I turn it on the fan runs and the screen is white and I hear the hard drive spin but then stop. In addition I cant even go into safe mode to reinstall xp.

Luckly all my data is backed up via an external drive. But I'm lost for ideas on how to remedy this. Could it possibly be that the hard drive is out of commision?

Any ideas for a possible solution would be fabulous.

thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

I was getting a weird white screen after i logged in, it wasn't a normal one, it was the error you get on internet explorer for loosing internet connection but in full screen and i couldn't exit full screen, I managed to fix this but each time i log in i still get this white screen. and now i don't have a toolbar, just wondering how i can fix this all and whats been causing this.

Relevancy 54.18%

I am getting pop ups at the bottom, bottom right and left side of my screen.  They just seem to pop up randomly and frequently.  Highly annoying.

A:Pop ups at bottom and bottom right of screen

Most likely these popups are the result of recently installed updates,  free program(s) or add-on(s) in either browsers or programs such as Skype.

Using Firefox or Google Chrome browsers with Adblock Plus add-on may block the ads.

The two programs linked below have success in finding and removing adware. Allow them to remove whatever they find.
AdwCleaner Download
Junkware Removal Tool Download

You should check your add-ons/ extensions in your browser(s) for unknown ones or that you have not intentionally installed.
Disable or attempt to uninstall them.

If the above doesn't solve your problem, post a new topic in the Am I Infected.........forum along with the scan results of the two programs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513697/pop-ups-at-bottom-and-bottom-right-of-screen/
Relevancy 53.75%

This is for a Screen Solved: White / No Monitor Operation friend so I apologize in advance for the lack of a lot of details He is using a Dell computer with XP about years old While on line a few nights ago his monitor went to a white screen He turned everything off and restarted but the white screen persisted The power light goes from green to red and some power-saving mode begins Screen is still white -- no icons no nothing I researched some troubleshooting but going into Safe mode or other options requiring a screen didn t work Using the included disk to do a repair doesn t seem like an option either need to change the boot-sequence in the BIOS with no screen These are a few of the answers I found here researching We haven t tried eliminating the graphics card Solved: White Screen / No Monitor Operation he says he has a separate one or checking drivers no screen I have an older quot LCD monitor I am gonna Solved: White Screen / No Monitor Operation get to him to try I looked at an article provided by Phantom for WSOD but it is for IT people and pretty much useless at my or my friend s level of computer knowledge Any other ideas anybody can give with no monitor screen He says he doesn t get the welcome screen or anything before the screen turns white The mouse pointer is not visible Nothing What can I tell this poor guy to maybe get him going again Thanks in advance for any help here nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys I ve recently just built my own computer with the below specs Motherboard ASUS P QL-Pro Graphics Card Gigabyte GT GB Hard disk Samsung GB Screen Black White with Underscore Solved: it Solved: Black Screen with White Underscore s an old one I kept which I m sure works fine CPU Intel Q OS Vista Home Premium Not overclocked whatsoever It appears that when I go out of my room for a few hours when I get back it shows a black screen with a white blinking underscore on the top left corner It also appears almost everytime I turn on my PC Pressing ALT-TAB-DEL will restart the PC bringing it to the same black screen The only way I get in now is trying to boot it through the VISTA cd and restart through there WITHOUT even changing any settings Most of the time I m lucky and I get in VISTA says there s no error whatsoever when I click repair the PC and run the memory error detection thing forgot the name Any help would be great as this is getting increasingly frustrating - nbsp

A:Solved: Black Screen with White Underscore

Do you have the latest graphics driver installed?

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/VGA/Driver_List.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-with-white-underscore.846709/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

Been getting the above lately, i think it an old un-resolved issue that i never got to the bottom of.

On start-up, or just after, it crashes, with blue screen, writing for about 2 seconds and then disappears as the pc re-boots.

Any one know where that file is stored? - It must be somewhere?

I think it said something about " a non-paged area"

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 53.75%

Have identical machines IBM series Small Form Factor P GHz HT GB RAM PC GB hard drives Windows XP Pro SP Both were running fine until someone hit a power pole down Black cursor. screen,white [SOLVED] the road When power resumed turned machines back on Or tried to One immediately - seconds goes to a black screen with a flashing cursor in the corner I [SOLVED] Black screen,white cursor. have already disconnected data and power cables then reseated them removed and reseated the RAM modules tried a different monitor reset the CMOS [SOLVED] Black screen,white cursor. by removing the battery for minutes replaced CMOS battery tried booting from a Linux live CD installed a blank formatted hard drive to get Linux going All of the above got no results Out of curiousity I removed the hard drivefrom the working quot twin quot and installed it into its non-working brother Upon hitting the power button booted right up Machine in question will not even go to Safe Mode so that I can check the event logs or do any scans Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Black screen,white cursor.

Sounds like the hard drive bit the bullet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-white-cursor-401320.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My laptop screen has suddenly developed a white rectangle in the middle. It is 1cm high, and 3cm across. I cannot get rid of it. Is this bad news, or is there anything I can do about it?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I just wanted to give a quick rundown of what issues I am having as well as note a few problems during the recommended procedure for posting here First I did not run GMER as I am running a -bit OS Second I have been having occasional browser redirects It does not seem to have any restriction as to where it will happen From League of Legends forums to bleeping computer for browser. Occasional box right Sirefef in of bottom Redirects, You" "Recommended Infection, White Browser corner forums to google searches It can and does happen at random fairly frequently maybe once every - minutes when browsing the internet The white box is actually up on my browser screen as I type this post It will typically only show up on forum type sites from what I have seen It will say quot Recommended for You quot and have an x in the upper right corner When clicked it just shrinks down to the quot Recommended for You quot box again I have included the dds txt copy paste below as well as attached the attach txt to this Sirefef Infection, Occasional Browser Redirects, White "Recommended for You" box in bottom right corner of browser. post You guys are awesome looking forward to hearing from you DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Matt at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC Sirefef Infection, Occasional Browser Redirects, White "Recommended for You" box in bottom right corner of browser. A- F- fae- E -DA C Sirefef Infection, Occasional Browser Redirects, White "Recommended for You" box in bottom right corner of browser. ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system ATKFUSService exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows SysWOW ASDR exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files x ASUS SmartDoctor SmartDoctor exe C Program Files ASUS GamerOSD ATKFastUserSwitching exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program... Read more

A:Sirefef Infection, Occasional Browser Redirects, White "Recommended for You" box in bottom right corner of browser.

Also just wanted to clarify the Sirefef infection types as they were listed in previous steps taken for the person assisting me before.

They are:

22:06:30.428 File: C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Desktop.ini **INFECTED** Win32:Sirefef-FQ [Drp]
22:06:32.321 File: C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Desktop.ini **INFECTED** Win32:Sirefef-HO [Rtk]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449582/sirefef-infection-occasional-browser-redirects-white-recommended-for-you-box-in-bottom-right-corner-of-browser/
Relevancy 53.75%
A:White screen when I log-in to Windows 7

Hello wasmak, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.Also, please refrain from using any other tools unless instructed to do so.==========Now, let's see if we can get you booting normally again!From your clean computer, open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt start
HKU\wassim.makarem\...\Winlogon: [Shell] explorer.exe,C:\Users\wassim.makarem\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat [129024 2011-11-16] () <==== ATTENTION
C:\Users\wassim.makarem\AppData\Roaming\skype.dat
C:\Users\wassim.makarem\AppData\Roaming\skype.ini
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WinMonitor.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\libs.exe
S2 csrcc; C:\Windows\system32\1033\csrss.exe [x]
C:\Windows\system32\1033\csrss.exe
stop
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating systemNow please insert your flashdrive in the infected machine, and enter System Recovery Options just as you did before.Run FRST64 just as you did before and press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please copy/paste it in your reply.==========Once this is done, please let me know if the system boots normally again. If so, please download FRST again and save it to the desktop of your infected machine.Run FRST again while in normal mode this time, and post the new log here for me (the new FRST.txt log should be found on your desktop).Let me know if you have any problems with the above instructions!bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497137/white-screen-when-i-log-in-to-windows-7/
Relevancy 53.75%

Good Day,

i have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop and i was recently getting an error on startup.

there was a white screen with the message that the computer was protected by an password authentication system, and to enter the admin or system password.

I called dell and got the code so i was able to get back into the computer.

HOWEVER, now every time i start the computer, i get the same white screen and i need to re-enter the dell code before it loads windows and prompts for the profile password.

is there anyway to get the computer to return to the normal boot process with just the profile password?

thanks you

A:Windows 7 White screen

It depends on what stage in the boot cycle that this screen appears.
If this is a BIOS issue, then resetting the BIOS to default values (or selecting the option to not have a BIOS password) will fix it.

As I recall you press F2 at the Dell screen to enter the BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-white-screen-491356.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So, on my frinds's laptop, running Windows 7, it has a white screen after Windows finished logging in. When I shut the computer down, it would flash the complete desktop before actually logging off, but not long enough to do anything. I attempted to start the computer in Safe Mode, and in Safe Mode with Networking, but both of those attempts only led to the computer rebooting itself into Normal Mode. I have no idea what to do now. I know that Gringo has addressed this issue with others before, but all of those threads have specific warnings to not use those scripts on other computers as they were designed for use on that persons computer only. I would really appreciate help.

A:White Screen Windows 7

Hello DaphRox I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.How to tell > 32 or 64 bitPlug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst64.exe or e:\frst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498076/white-screen-windows-7/