Windows Support Forum

Sony Windows Recovery music

Q: Sony Windows Recovery music

I bet no one has asked this. Does anyone know what that music is that plays during the Windows XP setup after the recovery. Not sure if it's different for different computer brands. Mine is a Sony.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sony Windows Recovery music

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sony Windows Recovery music

nvm found it...C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\title.wma
Wish I knew who did it. I love this kind of music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-windows-recovery-music.536941/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have already visited another thread that directed me to a few sites for helping me d l some files for recognizing USB flash drives The Sony PSP a new portable system made by Sony which uses Memory Stick Pro Duos for storage game saves and such but can also be used for loading movies MPEG and MP having Windows a for Need SE PSP Music some TX recognize 98 Sony help ATRAC music files I rip my own both fmts tyvm to be played on the PSP on the go but I am having Need some help having Windows 98 SE recognize a Sony PSP for Music TX problems to have W SE recognize the PSP as a flash storage drive BTW Sony s plethora of Websites aren t helping Not one single Sony site Sony com SonyStyle com PlayStation com PSP is a Playstation Prod or even MemoryStick com site is helping just resulting in downloads for its Memory Stick reader or even the fanfare of the PSP coming to North America I am living on a limited budget and I got the PSP for an early B-day gift and since of the limited budget I cannot afford XP Hence my PC is a hand-me-down that is running SE When I entered in quot USB Connection quot mode on the PSP Settings gt USB Connection on the home menu on the PSP and W recognized it as a quot PSP Type A quot I installed the correct drivers that I found I know my way around a hardware setup menu and rebooted I cannot see a correct drive assignment for the PSP s memory stick really none at all in My Computer even after some tweaking I need help and any will be appreciated Thanks CasperG ------ quot Windows User by Choice Mac User By Heart quot nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Does anyone have a copy of the Sony Product Recovery CD-ROM for a Sony PCG-F250. Or know where I could get one from as I cant find one anywhere.
I have to re-format my laptop and my recovery disc is damaged. The laptop is now gone dead on me and the only way to fix it is to re-format the hard drive.
Please Help

A:Sony Product Recovery Disc [Sony; PCG-F250; win98]

Try this site http://www.filez.com/sony_system_recovery_disc.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-product-recovery-disc-sony-pcg-f250-win98.242665/
Relevancy 56.33%

My Vaio Just got so many viruses and worms it died. All infected files were found in SYSTEM32 folder and would not boot up. When I tried to load system recovery it says that ****.sys could not be loaded. sorry about not knowing the filename but I couldnt remember and it is no longer showing me the error because I used fdisk to format and then installed windows 98SE just to try and get a operating sytem on it so that I could troubleshoot. My question is there seems to be a partition left on the drive and I think that's what is hurting me. Can anybody help me with any expierience in hard drive partitions and getting the vaio system recovery discs to load up? please help i hate to buy another drive because of my own stupidity. :giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sony-vaio-will-not-boot-to-windows-will-not-let-me-run-system-recovery.19163/
Relevancy 56.33%

Have been given a laptop by my Grandson to try and repair It is a Sony Vaio PCG Y M Relatively New about plus years or so am not aware what amount of memory is fitted The reported fault symptom was computer would not boot up Unfortunately the recovery disks have been lost Have tried to boot up umpteen times eventually was faced with a start-up repair which there were no options only to agree Thiswent on and on for ages re-loading files eventually the computer came to a halt with a message - Instruction at x a d referenced memory at x The memory could not be read Click OK to terminate the programme At this stage the whole computer locked up the pointer froze and the only way to get out was to switch off the computer which I eventually did As it is I cannot get the computer to boot agfain and believe that I will require recovery disks of some type do these have to be SONY or will and Vista Recovery Disks do the job I cannot On Recovery Vaio PCG9Y2M Vista Windows Sony get Windows Vista to appear at all Windows Vista On Sony Vaio PCG9Y2M Recovery to even Windows Vista On Sony Vaio PCG9Y2M Recovery get into safe mode to do a CHKDSK F Would be most grateful for any inputs as to where I go from here Thank You Znord nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I hope this is the correct Forum subsection to post this So I made a mistake while taking on a friend's problematic sony vaio laptop They were wanting to install a newly purchased Kaspersky av but after uninstalling 7 w/o Sony discs HELP install on clean Vaio recovery Windows laptop the old version of Kaspersky there HELP Windows 7 clean install on Sony Vaio laptop w/o recovery discs was a problem with an unresponsive usb mouse amp mouse pad I wasn't able to resolve the issue through various repair programs and manually reinstalling the driver which was giving off the error code of not being properly installed or functioning With owners consent I decided to let Vaio Care to bring the computer back to factory condition I wish the owner had the HELP Windows 7 clean install on Sony Vaio laptop w/o recovery discs owners manual to this thing I made sure to backup all of the files that the owner needed saved but failed to make any sort of backup recovery disk for the computer Not sure if it's too late to do so but the computer will not boot to windows any longer I get a white blinking cursor on a black background immediately after Vaio disappears from the screen upon bootup but cannot do anything with it I made a windows home premium iso dvd and when booting from it I reinstalled windows onto one of the partitions on the hd the largest of the which was labeled quot Primary quot type Of the other two partitions one was labeled quot Primary quot and was named quot System Reserved quot but only MB and the other was labeled quot System quot and was named quot Recovery quot and is GB When installing the computer does a restart but then boots up from the disk again starting the entire process over again So I changed it to boot from the HDD but still get the same problem of a blank cursor and windows not booting up When attempting the System Recovery Options on the Win dvd I'm given different partitions of which are GB labled windows operating system and located on D Local Disk I'm guessing this might stand for the old windows from the factory and the one I installed The other partition is GB and labeled Start VAIO Recovery Center located on Unknown Recovery System Restore System Image Recovery and windows Memory Diagnostic aren't doing any good Startup Repair only gives me an issue for one of the Partitions the Recovery Partition and states that Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically saying that the quot Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline quot When going through command prompt I see that old data amp drivers are still on the disc but was wondering if it was too late to make some sort of a recovery disc for it My concerns are that when I do a wipe of the drive and a clean install of Windows I'm going to have many issues without having sony's factoryware installed Am I able to make my own disk to reinstall Sony's factoryware What's the best way of getting this computer back to fully functioning I have access to the drivers on Sony's support site Sony eSupport - VGN-FW F - Support

A:HELP Windows 7 clean install on Sony Vaio laptop w/o recovery discs

Hello newtechy and welcome to Seven Forums.

I think the best thing to do is a clean install following the instructions in this tutorial that was prepared by one of the Forum experts. There's a special note for Sony Vaio owners at the bottom.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

I have a Vaio and I followed these instructions. I can say from personal experience this will work. I eliminated all Sony factoryware (Vaio Care, Vaio Control Center, Vaio Gate, etc) and I haven't missed any of it. The most important thing is once the computer is up and running with all Windows Updates, make a system image. When all of the additional programs are installed and updated, all personal tweaks are made, etc and you're sure the computer is working the way it's supposed to, make another system image. This can be your go-to master image that would take the place of that hidden recovery partition. And it would be even better because it would be more up to date than a factory recovery partition ever could be.

Have your friend stick to a schedule of maybe one a week or once a month and make a new system image. The more frequent the images the more up to date a restore will be. This can eliminate the need for recovery disks as well. Depending on which imaging software you decide to use, it would be a good idea to create a "system repair disk". This is just a single disk that will let you boot the computer should the entire operating system crash. From this single disk you will be able to access various repair functions, including the ability to reinstall a system image.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/262278-help-windows-7-clean-install-sony-vaio-laptop-w-o-recovery-discs.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi,
im using vpceh25en sony vaio laptop, i have changed my os to windows 7 ultimate from basic version, now i need to use basic version, i have recovery discs but i dont know the steps for installing os. can anyone give me the steps to do it...

A:how to install windows 7 basic from recovery discs for sony vaio vpceh25en

Reinstalling can wipe out what you have on it right now but it's simple as inserting the recovery disk and rebooting the pc.
First make sure your pc is set to bood off the dvd drive first, this is done in bios under boot options. To enter bios just hit which ever key it says to enter setup. Insert disk 1 of the recovery disk and then follow the on screen instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-install-windows-7-basic-from-recovery-discs-for-sony-vaio-vpceh25en-687921.html
Relevancy 55.04%

A month ago or so I made a copy of the recovery partition using the Windows option to create recovery unit, and when it finished I chose the option to delete recovery partition from the internal hard drive.

A new 25 GB hard drive appeared, everything was fine.

Now I would like to sell this laptop but I don't know how to put the recovery partition back in its place or if it's even possible.

I know the backup it's complete because the data size t's the same and when i tried it, the restore was from the scratch, even with the sony wizard before the windows configuration.

Any ideas? thanks

A:Put Windows 8 recovery inside laptop hard drive, Sony Vaio

Just give the buyer a set of the restore discs. If you want to restore it out of the box, you need to use the Sony Recovery out of the box option. The 25gb partition is probably due to having Windows 8.1 on it, if you have installed 8.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41958-put-windows-8-recovery-inside-laptop-hard-drive-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently contacted Sony to send me their series of Recovery media to restore my Windows home premium bit Looks like the hard drive was wiped on the computer and now when I try to recover Windows using the DVDs they sent I'm running into all kinds of issues I'm not sure how to proceed & hard media- recovery Vaio windows Sony cant formatted drive install to get Windows back on my laptop I changed the BIOS to boot from DVD but not I'm stuck on the System Recovery Options menu There's no system image to restore I don't think I can't restore Windows to an earlier point because Sony Vaio formatted hard drive & windows recovery media- cant install it no longer exists on the computer STartup repair won't work because it can't fix any problems that are preventing it from starting At one point I even got this message quot quot Cannot use this recovery disc for this computer Confirm the model type quot - so my system isn't recognizing the machine because the recovery partition is gone I created a new partition but now I'm not sure what to do to move forward any thoughts or feedback is appreciated THANKS

A:Sony Vaio formatted hard drive & windows recovery media- cant install

YOu would not want System Recovery Options to boot the Recovery Disks. Put the first one in the drive, reboot and press the F12 key until you receive a Boot Menu, choose DVD drive to boot - unless you have a EFI BIOS in which case you should boot the DVD as a EFI/UEFI DVD drive.

Once you successfully boot the disk it should start Recovery, prompting for the subsequent disk(s).

If this fails then boot into System Recovery Options to open a Command Line to run Diskpart Clean Command which can overcome problems running Recovery media.

Be aware that Factory Recovery is a grossly inferior install larded with bloatware and duplicate utilities that interfere with better versions built into Win7. For that reason most tech enthusiasts prefer to Clean Reinstall Windows 7 to get true Win7 performance. We can help you do this if you want. It discusses in Step 1 how to find the reinstallation media.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375219-sony-vaio-formatted-hard-drive-windows-recovery-media-cant-install.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey, how do I get my sony z1 to play music on my bluetooth headset?
its all synced and works great when im making calls but when I put on music it just comes out of the speakers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-listen-to-music-via-bluetooth-on-a-sony-z1.1109132/
Relevancy 51.17%

I used to be able to listen to music through a pair of Sony bluetooth headphones on my Wins 7 laptop. However, I am no unable to do so. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers with no success, removed and added the device. I followed a number of the steps in this thread : Bluetooth headset pairs but won't connect, not avail as playback devic , specifically the post from 11th Dec 2014 . Computer has been restarted multiple times.

I've attached an image of what I see. I can connect the headphones to the laptop, but can't listen to music. I also cannot set the headphones to default playback.

Atm, I'm listening through an aux cable, but any additional trouble shooting steps would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401049-cant-listen-music-sony-mdr-zx770-bluetooth-headphone.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Afternoon folks Basically I ve got myself a fresh new Vivaz handset Ericsson issues Music Vivaz: Sony player a lovely piece of kit but one issue when I m using the music player to listen to music on the phone Sony Ericsson Vivaz: Music player issues it tends to jump quite often a similar effect would be to bump a CD player while it is Sony Ericsson Vivaz: Music player issues playing the songs stops for a split second then resumes from where it got cut off The thing is its not a handset issue because the exact same problem occurred on the Satio handset I was testing a few weeks ago I figured the vivaz would be more stable since its a newer model and this is true to an extent but the music player issue is still there I ve found NO mention whatsoever of this problem around the internet but I find it strange how two different handset models from two completely different network providers contains the exact same issue If anyone has any idea what the problem could be then I appreciate the help Cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-ericsson-vivaz-music-player-issues.915358/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I have a sony vaio VPC-CW FG laptop My hard disk crashed recently so I bought a new hard disk Seagate ST LT which is based on advanced format k sectors The problem is that whenever I try to recover my system using recovery DVDs an error pops up quot Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot After researching a bit I found and successfully verified the st error the article http support microsoft com kb with my problem However the second " recovery Problem "Windows - can't setup vaio Sony verifying instruction does not appear there is no such line in my system As far as correcting methods are concerned The problem is that the second method does not applies to my system because the bios does not show any such option and I'm not sure how to apply the first method Please guide me step wise how do I install drivers when I can't boot into my computer Is there a way I can do that from linux liveUSB I don't have any windows installation DVD Please Sony vaio recovery Problem - "Windows setup can't " help

A:Sony vaio recovery Problem - "Windows setup can't "

Here are the attachments referred in the microsoft support article

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/207885-sony-vaio-recovery-problem-windows-setup-cant.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Go to this link for an article of major concern:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4400148.stm

{redoak}

A:Pseudo virus installed in SONY music - removal problem

Go to this link for latest info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4413856.stm

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pseudo-virus-installed-in-sony-music-removal-problem.413476/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys- My music player on my Sony eEicsson p990i is not displaying 'artist' nor 'album' info when playing a song, although that info is available and visible in i-tunes or windows mediaplayer libraries. This is the case whether I transfer music directly using 'File Transfer' in sony ericsson Pc Suite or using Disc2phone software. When using Disc2phone software, all the info is visible in the Transfer List yet only the 'track' name (and file size)is registered on the phone Music Player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-ericsson-p990i-music-player-not-displaying-track-info.613447/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I have a Windows7(Home Premium) pre-installed Sony Vaio Nw20SF/S laptop in which i tried to create Recovery disks(2 DVD's)... using Vaio Recovery disk Software(Inbuit). It stopped(or hanged donno) in the middle while creating the 2nd DVD then that was cancelled, but a new partition with no FileSystem is created for about 9.3 GB when i look in the Computer Management tool present.

Now, i have two questions to ask...

1) Does Sony Vaio models with Windows 7 comes with Hidden Recovery Disk Partition(D:... something like that or not)???
2) What to do or how to make use of the 9.3GB partition present???

Please Help.
Thanks a lot in Advance...

A:Regarding Recovery disk and Recovery disk partitions in Sony Vaio NW series...

Help please.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/regarding-recovery-disk-and-recovery-disk-partitions-in-sony-vaio-nw-series-442565.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I need recovery cd's for sony desk top" pvvrx651" computer . if anyone can help.

A:sony recovery cd

Have you tried the Sony website? Is it a problem with Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-recovery-cd.82447/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi all
this is my first post, i do hope anyone out there can answer my problem. i have inadvertantly deleted some music files. can anyone suggest a way of recovering these. unfortunatly i had not made a cd of these so cannot feed back in.

many many thanks

gnilwoc

A:music recovery

Have you emptied the recycle bin since you deleted the files?If not, check there, you will be able to recover them.If you have, you can try Recuva

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296694/music-recovery/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Sony Vaio RX that needs a reformat and then use the recovry cd s Recovery question cd's Sony about to put everything back on the harddrive How are you suppose to use these There are discs system recovery driver support application question about Sony Recovery cd's recovery When you access the cd itself for example system recover cd it has folders one named image and one Sony The image folder does not contain any executable files The Sony folder has two that would work a makentfs file and a restorer file I am assuming that you would use the ntfs file to format and the restorer question about Sony Recovery cd's file to begin the whole process but is that question about Sony Recovery cd's right Looking for suggestions to get this thing going The other system recovery cds are the same way two folders image and sony how do you know which to access which does what I understand this is common for Sony but I don t have any experience with it YET all suugestions appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-sony-recovery-cds.288640/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have a sony vaio laptop(notebook) PCG-TR2

my own recovery discs did not work so i ordered sony's

powers on and off but cannot get anything to happen exit to initialize BIOS
-only message - disk read error

upon inserting sony's DVD - still no "action" having followed the directions

thanks 4 nything

A:sony vaio recovery

SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK PCG-TR2A
---HAVE RECOVERY DVD from sony -
notebook powers on but could not get system to recover internally or from the recovery discs i made - NOW am experiencing nothing with the recovery disc i purchased from sony -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23116/sony-vaio-recovery/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've got a Sony PCG-GRT250P Laptop and unfortunately, I didn't buy the recovery CD's at an earlier enough time before Sony stopped making them.

If anyone has recovery cd's for either my exact model or the GRT-250 Series, please PM me or reply...I'm more then willing to pay for a copy/ original and shipping!

Thanks!

Zach

A:Sony Recovery CD's Needed

Try here.

http://www.sonyrecovery.com/main.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-recovery-cds-needed.54557/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello All,

I'm having a difficult time restoring my computer to its factory settings. I already backed up most of my important information on a # of DVD discs. I just can't get Windows Vista (32) to re-install. I tried pressing F-10 when the computer starts and Launch the Vaio Recovery. It went through most of the reset but then the screen just goes blank for a very long time and I'm sure its frozen there.
The computer I am trying to reset to factory settings is a Sony Vaio Desktop VGC-LT18E, the model it says on the back of the computer is a PCG-281L.
BTW, I never made the recovery discs. Is there any other way to get these discs without ordering them through SONY? Online versions? Etc..?

Thank you all for your help.

-Brandon

A:Sony Vaio Recovery CD's

hello

see if this helps you... good luck.... How to Make a Windows Vista Repair Disk If You Don’t Have One - the How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269770-sony-vaio-recovery-cds.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to repair my sisters laptop sony vaio VGN-NR it it less than a year old I am told that it stated an error code and I am guessing a spam virus attached to Vaio recovery Sony an email they only have dial up and utilize the internet seldom to browse but mainly to email Now that I have it in my possession it only boots to the phoenix and intel page same page I can not hit delete F or any other function keys upon boot up to get into safemode or recovery area or to adjust driver boot up system menu to adjust anything after the phoenix intel page comes up all buttons sound with a short beep and all buttons are inoperable they dont have a vista disc it it attached to a partition but I can not access as I have seen it when it was working I Sony Vaio recovery am just curious if there is a back way to get into this system otherwise I will pull the harddrive and attach to another system and see if I can get in there but I would appreciate any insight thanks Eric nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I am having a very hard time finding a recovery disk for a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ34G... And thanks to Sony they have discontinued this disk. My computer has crashed... Does anyone have this ?

A:Sony Vaio recovery CD

I hope you got your problem solved. These days there are so many virus floating around that it is almost certain the system is bound to crash sooner or later. What can one do then without a CD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-recovery-cd.136575/
Relevancy 48.16%

My RA 830G issue came after IE crashed. The PC would not reboot (device not found bios not installed). Rebooted via F2 and reset to defaults but still same message.

I have the Recovery Kit discs and attempted to reboot. I get to the backup data, no peripherals, etc and click Next but my Sony keyboard (wireless) and Mouse are not responsive. Disconnected Sony Keyboard (and wireless receiver) and added a wired keyboard. The wired keyboard is not responsive either.

I am one click away (I think, my computer savvy is not as great as my wife thinks it is), how can I get this recovery going without a functional keyboard? (or how do I get the keyboard(s) functional?)

Thanks,
SteveMA

A:Sony Vaio Recovery

Hi SteveMA,

First off, please list the model of your laptop. Is the computer able boot into safe mode at least? Also, try booting the computer with "Last known good configuration". Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-recovery-618194.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I may have this posted in the wrong forum so excuse me and move it if I am wrong. I am trying to get a Sony Vaio computer back up and running. It has
XP home, the reason I'm here in forum anyway this machine needs to be re formatted and the recovery cds used. I have never used recovery cds before but have 3 system recovery cds,a driver recovery cd and two application cd's. My question is this,which do I use first, system recovery? Thats what I think but looking thru the first cd, I find 2 folders, an image folder and a Sony folder, the Sony folder has a makentfs file and and restorer file. Which do I use first? Once started will it tell me what to insert next or how does this work? Anyone know? This for an RX550 model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-system-recovery-cds-20806.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey I installed Windows and tried to install all drivers amp a couple of programs with a regular recovery DVD for my Sony notebook Sony under Recovery failed DVD Win 7 Sony VAIO FW-Series VGN-FW J Datasheet http translate google de translat ony-VGN-FW J html amp sl de amp tl en amp hl de amp ie Sony Recovery DVD failed under Win 7 UTF- As this guy describes the installer is closing every time with the error VAIO Error I did a bit of research and found error codes not sure if it means quot Error Code Sony Recovery DVD failed under Win 7 Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device Code quot In this thread they say it happens due to WinDVD DirectX The error actually appears everytime you try to install a program like Adobe PS Premiere WinDVD VAIO tools etc because it works fine to install only the drivers though that s why I think the error message I linked does not suite either But I really need at least the important VAIO Tools for Control Center the Fn-button multimedia media keys battery information etc inclusive the main programs Adobe s WinDVD Does anyone have an idea how to fix this Sony Recovery DVD failed under Win 7 It can t be that every program is just incompatible with Windows nbsp

A:Sony Recovery DVD failed under Win 7

I would say that your recovery DVD is tied to the original OS and that is what is giving you problems, not incompatible programs specifically.

Did you install Windows 7 clean or via the upgrade path?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-recovery-dvd-failed-under-win-7.862162/
Relevancy 48.16%

My wife has a Sony laptop that stopped working when she loaded some BlackBerry software on it. Might be a coincidence. (It froze and now, when rebooted, it only gets as far as the Windows blue screen and stops, even when attempting safe mode.) Our neighbor fixes our computers for us free and needs a Sony recovery disc. I don't recall receiving any discs when we bought the computer 2 or 3 years ago (for $2000+). We're only moderately tech savvy. Any ideas what we might do?

Many thanks!

Denis

Relevancy 47.73%

I in error set Iturnes as my default and it removed my husbands Music Library in Windows media player and now I cant find all of his music files that he downloaded.   How do I recover this library?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Recovery-of-music-library/td-p/5795292
Relevancy 47.73%

I've had problems (blue screen) so I think I might have system recovered. I thought I backed up everything to my external hard drive but don't remember and don't see any music in there. Anyway my music from Windows medis center is gone. I think everything goes into a partition never to be retrived.??? Not sure but I have downloaded several demo's for music recovery and there confusing to say the least. Can I get the music back? I also lost all my music on my lap top. Itunes and Windows media playerboth, all gone. Don't know what I did there either. Help if you can. Thanks, Mike

A:Recovery Lost Music

If they're deleted, you can try Recuva, a free file undeletion tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268514/recovery-lost-music/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, my Sony VAIO SVF15A16CXB 15.5-Inch Touchscreen Laptop has stopped working. I cannot get it past recovery options - none which help.

As I reboot it goes to recovery screens saying 'system recovery is required to restore a corrupted operating system'

The machine doesn't have CD port. I did not create a recovery USB (yeah I know bad boy, but lecture me later once I have my files and Im in a much better mood.) Tried all options, tired F9 on restart (even F10, F11, F12, ESC, windows button.... all fail to respond. Reset Bios - does nothing. VAIO Rescue Mode does nothing.

Im thinking my only hope is to download a 'recovery file' onto a USB and then restart the machine with it. Make sense ? Anyone know where to find these ??

Im about to drop it into my pond but thought I d have one last go asking around .

Thanks Mike74747

A:Recovery File onto USB for Sony VAIO

what windows version ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/recovery-file-onto-usb-for-sony-vaio-1029257.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

I have recently attempted to recover this laptop whice is running windows vista using the recovery tool on the desktop.

It went through the whole process of formatting and copying files but when it tried to load into the OS it failed and said to reinstall. Itried this a few times but it failed so I had to load a windows vista cd onto it bypassing the register key but have it working fine with just the recycle bin on the desktop.

I would like to know if I can access the recovery image through this and maybe fix or install a driver that may have been corupted by a virus.

Many thanks for your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-sony-vaio-vgn-nr21z-625305.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Sony Vaio PCV 7732. I think I removed something I shouldn't have when removing some programs. I want to do a C Drive Recovery to return the C drive to its original, factory-installed state. I have read there is a partition on the drive to do this. I do not have the Recovery CDs., and can't use the VAIO Recovery Wizard. I will have to use the DOS prompt to do this. Can someone help me? I need to know what directory the program is in, and how to launch it. I will need correct syntax including where spaces are needed in the command line.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AW125J laptop that has been giving me a bit of a headache. I was told by Sony Support that purchasing the ($65.00!) recovery disks would solve the issue, but to no avail. Everytime I start up the computer, it boots up, the Vaio & Windows logos come up. Then it heads straight to a blue-y green screen and just stops. I'm unable to get into Safe Mode either...

I don't know what to do.

Thanks!

A:Sony Vaio Recovery CD's Not Working

I have never paid over $25.00 plus shipping for any recover disks from Sony or HP.

Did you do a clean recover using this CD?
You need to have the CD in the drive when you power up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-recovery-cds-not-working.950143/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have previously altered my disk partition using easues partition manger. I installed Linux mint after that. I grew tired of Linux and deleted the partition and accidentally deleted the windows re tools and Sony's recovery partition. I downloaded a fresh iso to try to repair it. But no luck. I tried refresh the PC option it completes but all the apps are installed and there is no change before and after. I think there was no refresh. But using easeus I can see the recovery and windows re tools partition. The system works fine. But in case of any fault I can't refresh my PC. Please help.

A:Sony recovery partition messed up

at command prompt(admin)
Type> diskpart
type> select disk 0
type> list partition
take a snapshot

type> list volume
take a snapshot

Now find the 10-20GB volume #
type> select volume #
type> assign letter=r

Browse thru R and find Install.wim or Install.swm(s) - those are your Factory recovery Images..

type> C:\Windows\System32\Reagentc /Setosimage /Path R:\RecoveryImage /Target C:\Windows /Index 1

assuming the install* file(s) are on "R" and in a folder called "RecoveryImage"

- change drive letter and folder name to suit your system setup

Then go to control panel > recovery > Create a recovery drive..

At that point you will have the factory recovery on a usb stick..

And should be able to reset and refresh using via the factory images..

If your system came with windows 8 and you upgraded to windows 8.1 - when you choose Reset you will go back to windows 8
If you choose Refresh, most likely it will fail with an error..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59640-sony-recovery-partition-messed-up.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know why this PC would create 5 recovery discs when I use its option to create recovery media?

5 discs?

I thought that to restore the PC to factory condition would just take a single disc...so I'm just wondering exactly what is being put on 5 blank dvds?

thanks

A:Sony VAIO All in one PC recovery discs

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB47GM. It used 4 DVDs. When I bought my Vaio it already had almost 17GB of installed "stuff". The operating system, trial products of anti-virus suites, Microsoft Office, Vaio Care Diagnostic tools, etc. I suspect that your computer had even more "stuff" factory installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/274023-sony-vaio-all-one-pc-recovery-discs.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, when I recover my system, i use three recovery cds. When I tried to recover my system this afternoon, the first cd gave me a message that it couldn't find a file; halaacpi.dll. I downloaded the file and put it in the place it is supposed to be, but it still says the same message when I try to recover again. Does anyone know what may be wrong and how I might fix the problem? Thanks.
Mitchell

A:Sony Vaio System Recovery

You may want to try running sfc /scannow. Here is a link on how to run it http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-system-recovery-70569.html
Relevancy 47.73%

OK trying to get my sony to boot from recovery partition. Im not so good with command prompt, but thats all i got since my C drive is corrupt and only the recovery partition is in working order. When i do dir/a:h of my recovery partion (E:)it just says

0 files
1 dir.

then i type attrib and i get 4 files
E:\autorun.inf
E:\bootmgr
E:\HDD
E:\snyhdrcv.ini

am I even on the right track, i dont think these are the files im looking for Sorry for being slow but this is the closest topic i can find related to my problem and i think this would work if i could only GET THERE

HELP!

A:Sony Vaio Recovery Partition

Shut the system down.

Boot-up, press the F10 key

F10 is used on most systems to invoke the recovery partition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-recovery-partition-478399.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there. Can anyone help me with Vaio Recovery Partition? I had few problems with partition table and MFT, but now everything is ok. Except one thing. My Vaio Recovery Partition must by unhidden to F10 key work. And then I can see this partition in Windows Explorer. When I change it to hidden, F10 key isn't working. Can anyone tell me why is it so? And what to do next...
Noteboo: Vaio CW1S1E

A:Sony Vaio Recovery Partition?

The recovery partition is meant to be hidden, that's how it's made at the factory so you don't interfere with it and accidentally delete the data on it. You aren't supposed to see it in Windows Explorer.

If the F10 key is reserved for starting the factory recovery when required, it only works when you press it at the Sony splash screen at boot time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-recovery-partition-588726.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Do u know anywhere that has PCV-V200G recovery disk?
MUCH NEEDED
THANK YOU

A:Sony Recovery Disk NEEDED!

Take a look here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-swu.pl?mdl=PCVV200G&LOC=3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-recovery-disk-needed.81220/
Relevancy 47.73%

I purchased a used Sony notebook PCG-F350 and wiped out everything. I reinstalled Win98 but my modeum, sound, video etc
doesn't work - I tired the Sony site to get the driver info with no luch - some of the drivers are intergrated. Does any have the disks/CD i need to fix my notebook or any other advice. Thanks Gina

A:Sony Startup/Recovery Disk

I have a Sony too... its a hard website to search for anything on....
I have been searching the net for drivers for you... not much luck though.

However I did gather some info from Sonys site for you ....

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/products/archive/pc/notebook/pcgf350.html

1-800-4sonypc
Cust. info Service center - technical fax on demand

BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT SUPPORT
COMPUTING SUPPORT

I realise your notebook may not be a VAIO but other things are listed also

VAIO® Desktop & Notebook Computer Support http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/
Wireless LAN Support
ELECTRONICS SUPPORT - Help for using Sony Televisions, DVD players, telephones, etc.
IMAGESTATION - Help for using the ImageStation website.
SONY STYLE - General and purchasing information for using the SonyStyle website.
STORAGE BY SONY SUPPORT - Assitance for CD-RW/DVD+RW drives, AIT Tape drives and other storage related products.
I hope you can find what you need siomehow thru this... sorry I was not able to find more.

I'll keep looking & if you find something let us know here....
maybe someone else will look also

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-startup-recovery-disk.64139/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I'm just about ready to lose my Partition Vaio Recovery Sony temper with my current problem so any help anyone might be able to offer would be appreciated Sony Vaio Recovery Partition I'm running a Sony Vaio laptop model VGN-FW L Full Specs running Vista Home Premium regularly updated I was quickly annoyed to find that all but boot device and password options were disabled in the bios the reason I found out to be to save on tech support costs from people accidently breaking their machines so what I'm having trouble with is really pushing my patience I ran the machine without much issue for a good five or so months with Ubuntu on a separate partition One day last week it started to act up slowing to a crawl and not loading task manager I put this down general use installing uninstalling a lot of software and maybe something malicious that might have gotten through AVG No biggie I think I'll just back up my stuff and restore it back to factory settings I had a copy of Vista Ultimate that I was no longer using the machine I had bought it for is now running Windows so I thought I'd install that instead Installation went find except that when I got into Windows I found that very few of the drivers were installed Luckily it had found something for the ethernet connection so I plugged a good ol' fashioned cable in and let Windows look for some drivers but it couldn't find any So then I dug into my computer draw and pulled out the documentation that came with the laptop and ripped open the stiff cellophane wrapped booklet with the Windows OEM Serial Number on that I had taken to be the installation disk it was a booklet with a piece of cardboard inside it I know what some of you are probably thinking words like quot should quot and quot made quot and quot recovery disc quot but hear me out So I pointed my computer at the Vaio website and went to the driver download page and as any good computer manufacturer should a full list of all the drivers needed were there However I found that three hours and two other computers later not one of the damn things download properly Whether they were a couple K or over mb graphics they would download kb or so and I would be left with corrupt archive At this point I gave up and decided to just restore from the recovery partition Now I found out that I should have made a recovery disc as soon as I got the laptop In my defence I have gone through everything that came with the laptop and the ONLY place it says this is in the recovery guide why would I look in the recovery guide if I don't need to recover it Of course it's at this point I find out that my tweaking of the boot manager for Ubuntu and my installing of a different version of Vista over the old one has ruined any chance of booting into the recovery partition like it should do So for the past three evenings I've messed around with the laptop making the EISA partition visible messing with BCDedit this is all new to me and I've managed to get the recovery partition to show up as boot option pointing to the etfsboot com file that I'm fairly sure is the right file and when I try booting into it I'm face with a Boot Manager error Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred Does anyone have any ideas I know that this is my own doing though this would hardly be an issue if Sony a were clear in their documentation or b their support downloads worked but everywhere on the net seems fairly certain replacement discs which lets be honest they should have included in the first place how much do they really cost would cost around which I don't think Sony have earned Vaio support line is closed now so I thought I'd try a forum before ringing them tomorrow I would appreciate any advice even if it's quot Your screwed buy the replacement disc quot anyone can offer Sorry for the long post Beagrie

A:Sony Vaio Recovery Partition

hi and welcome to TSF i cant promise this will work for you since you admit you got things wrong that being said you can try this http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/ just remember its recovery not reinstall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-recovery-partition-374052.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently restored my vaio to factory settings using vaio recovery settings but I still had some issues with the computer so I decided to restore again The first stage including restoring vista and starting it for the first time went fine However this time the second stage involving installation of factory softwares hung at I waited for over hrs but in vain So I used task manager to exit this stage and Vaio Sony Problem Recovery windows started normally but few factory softwares were missing mainly vaio recovery center I again restored the system using F Sony Vaio Recovery Problem key but to same result It hung at once again Vista works fine all drivers are installed but the only problem is that I dont have some of Sony Vaio Recovery Problem the original softwares is there any way to access the hidden recovery partition so that I can have those softwares back Can I restore it again SONY VAIO CR- G B WINOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM NO SERVICE PACK AND NOT UPDATED EVEN ONCE

A:Sony Vaio Recovery Problem

what were the issues that caused you to do the restore in the first place? maybe related

what original software? you may be able to go to sonys website and do a search for your specific computer and find what you need.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-recovery-problem-274205.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi There

Just A quick question.

In the Recovery Centre in Windows 7 on my laptop there is 2 options to recover:

1 - Restore C: Dive

2 - Restore Complete System

What is the main differenace and does both delete the hidden partition or not?

Thanks

Startreker

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-recovery.885542/
Relevancy 47.73%

Having a problem with my desktop LM2E. Sony advised me to restore system to factory conditions. As suggested I made backup discs for data. Now having restored the system I find that the backup discs with all my file and folders does not install. Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me please.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW48E laptop which I have managed to bust.

I used the recovery centre to wipe the drive and now the machine won't reinstall the operating system using the recovery disc, it says 'unable to locate recovery drive letter' I have tried all options available in the recovery centre on the disc but keep coming back to the same problem.

The HDD seems fine and is recognised as C by the BIOS.

Please help.

Thanks

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-recovery-not-working.1068174/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Folks, This is my first post. so go easy on me;-)

I switched on my PC after 1 year of no use(apple imac distracted me for a while).
The message "operating system not found" appears when it boots up. I put in the Sony Recovery disk, bit it could not read it. As Sony didn't provide a spare copy of XP, how do I get back up and running? Do I have to change the motherboard battery? any advice much appreciated.

I Hope you Christmas is Merry and peaceful.

Cheers,
Dryfly

A:Sony Vaio Desktop PCV-RX305 Windows XP now missing, no disks supplied by Sony

Call Sony Tech Support if you are the registered owner or buyer. They will provide a disk set for a small fee ($27) for six years after purchase, or until they run out.
Your only other choice is to buy the disk online at some place like ebay, or buy Windows Home (still available for $82) or Windows XP Professional for $135.
The motherboard battery should not be bad, but if it is, you can get a replacement (CR2032) at Wal-Mart ofr $3.67 or on eBay for $2.58.
The recovery disk may be good, and it is your optical drive that has gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-desktop-pcv-rx305-windows-xp-now-missing-no-disks-supplied-by-sony.140193/
Relevancy 47.3%

My original post is here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page p fromsearch entry Hello I m not exactly sure After Recovery Music & Reinstall / Pictures what happened in what order to be honest My pictures were missing first then my music I originally I Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall think anyway ran avast and it removed several registry errors and that is when I began to notice more problems It also found several trojans and I now remember win hupigon exe specifically but there were more My folders for my music and pictures were there but empty I explained Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall this to an IT guy who was kind enough to help me who did a reinstall Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall of XP backing up user data and information stored on the c drive to the D drive not realizing the folders were still empty After doing some preliminary scans with AVG and adding the scans for locked password protected or encrypted files and there were approx locked or password protected files pasted report below could the files be in a possibly locked or password protected file I tried unhide exe and it didn t bring back my folders I have tried anti-filefix which will run until it comes to a file called C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG chjwlbol fd avgchff dat file is in use by another program no changes have been made I have downloaded recuva but I am unsure how I should of how I should go about restoring the data and obtaining the best results Please for give my ignorance with computers and horrible memory of the event order Any advice you can give will be appreciated Scan quot quot Whole computer scan quot quot completed quot quot Information quot quot quot quot Folders selected for scanning quot quot Whole computer scan quot quot Scan started quot quot Monday March AM quot quot Scan finished quot quot Monday March AM minute s second s quot quot Total object scanned quot quot quot quot User who launched the scan quot quot Danielle Mullis quot quot Information quot quot quot quot File quot quot Information quot quot Result quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config userList zip quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config quarantinedList zip quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config md Cache dat quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AVG IDS config internalList zip quot quot Password-protected quot quot quot quot quot quot D System Volume Information quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot D ada fab af eff d a a i quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot D ada fab af eff d a a amd quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config system quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config software quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config SECURITY quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config SAM quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C WINDOWS system config default quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C System Volume Information quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C pagefile sys quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C Documents and Settings NetworkService NTUSER DAT quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot Locked file Not tested quot quot quot quot C ... Read more

A:Music & Pictures Recovery / After Reinstall

Please continue to pursue your open malware topic. Your Helper is very competent and can address any issues you may have.Basic forum procedure calls for resolution of all posted Malware Removal Log topics...before a member can/should initiate a topic in another forum. This is done to prevent instructions which work at cross-purposes and result in confusion and unnecessary effort which defeats all attempts to resolve problems.If you have any questions about this, please contact your Helper via PM or contact me via PM.To prevent confusion, this topic is now closed.LouisTopic reopened, malware topic closed yesterday.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445121/music-pictures-recovery-after-reinstall/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone,
I have just done a complete system recovery with all my pics/music, but now when I go into my Windows Media Player try and play music, it just turns the file orange and skips by them all? Any reason for this or why it is happening and a way to correct it? Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I am new member here and i don't Recovery Problems -61112L PCG Sony Vaio know if this is the right place to post this question I am currently having problems doing a Restore Complete System with my Sony Vaio and i believe it is a PCG - L Model number on the bottom I don't know if that's what Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems model it is running Windows I had originally ran the alt f method to restore the system I had kept on running into errors such as Error and Error The suggested action Sony's website gave me was that Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems I should run a Hardware Diagnostics I did so nothing Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems came up I then came into the Recovery Discs themselves and began to use them I did a Restore Complete System another error popped up I am not sure but the error code was something like Error something along those lines The Sony website then suggested to use the alt f option which already had failed me But even so i tried to do so and for some reason now that won't start I continually pressed and held the buttons but nothing showed just the black screen saying something was missing My screen is somewhat damage there is a barrage of lines with dead pixels going down the left side of the screen they're all clumped up together and is all together about taking up - inches horizontally and to hold ctrl alt dlt to restart So my guess is that recovery partition may have been erased when using the Recovery Disks I don't know This is really frustrating and I really need help badly I don't know what to do and such besides reset the BIOS and even then i don't know how to get there i press f and all but i can't find the option there If someone can give me a precise tutorial on how to get there it would be much appreciated too But really can someone tell me what's going on What do I do How to fix it myself I really don't want to spend much money to send to people like Geek Squad or something to get it fixed at the moment

A:Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems

please do not duplicated posts here - thanks - one post for one problem is enough

continue here please
Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems
closing this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-pcg-61112l-recovery-problems-620992.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My Sony Vaio VGN-N21SW runs on Vista and had been giving me problems. So I decided to reinstall everything from the recovery discs. The problem is, I didn't know I have to make a backup of vista first (the laptop didn't come with vista cd, only System Recovery and Application Recovery discs) before doing that.
So after running the System Recovery disc, when I try putting in the Application Recovery but it keeps telling me there is no operating system in the laptop.
What do I do now?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278029-reinstalling-sony-vaio-via-recovery-disc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I am new member here and i don't know if this is the right place to post this question I am currently having problems doing a Restore Complete System with my Sony Vaio and i believe it is a PCG - L Model number on the bottom I don't Sony Recovery -61112L PCG Vaio Problems know if that's what model Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems it is running Windows I had originally ran the alt f method to restore the system I had kept on running into errors such as Error and Error The suggested action Sony's website gave Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems me was that I should run a Hardware Diagnostics I did so nothing came up I then came into the Recovery Discs themselves and began to use them I did a Restore Complete System another error popped up I am not sure but the error code was something like Error something along those lines The Sony website then suggested to use the alt f option which already had failed me But even so i tried to do so and for some reason now that won't start I continually pressed and held the buttons but nothing showed just the black screen saying something was missing My screen is somewhat damage there is a barrage of lines with dead pixels going down the left side of the screen they're all clumped up together and is all together about taking up - inches horizontally and to hold ctrl alt dlt to restart So my guess is that recovery partition may have been erased when using the Recovery Disks I don't know This is really frustrating and I really need help badly I don't know what to do and such besides reset the BIOS and even then i don't know how to get there i press f and all but i can't find the option there If someone can give me a precise tutorial on how to get there it would be much appreciated too But really can someone tell me what's going on What do I do How to fix it myself I really don't want to spend much money to send to people like Geek Squad or something to get it fixed at the moment

Hi, I am new member here and i don't know if this is the right place to post this question. I am currently having problems doing a Restore Complete System with my Sony Vaio and i believe it is a PCG - 61112L (Model number on the bottom I don't know if that's what model it is) running Windows 7. I had originally ran the alt + f10 method to restore the system. I had kept on running into errors such as Error : 320 and Error : 332. The suggested action Sony's website gave me was that I should run a Hardware Diagnostics. I did so, nothing came up. I then came into the Recovery Discs themselves and began to use them. I did a Restore Complete System, another error popped up. I am not sure but the error code was something like Error : 306 ; 69 something along those lines. The Sony website then suggested to use the alt f10 option, which already had failed me. But even so i tried to do so, and for some reason now, that won't start. I continually pressed and held the buttons but nothing showed just the black screen saying something was missing (My screen is somewhat damage there is a barrage of lines with dead pixels going down the left side of the screen, they're all clumped up together and is all together about taking up 2-3 inches horizontally) and to hold ctrl alt dlt to restart. So my guess is that recovery partition may have been erased when using the Recovery Disks? I don't know. This is really frustrating and I really need help badly. I don't know what to do and such besides reset the BIOS and even then i don't know how to get there, i press f2 and all but i can't find the option there. If someone can give me a precise tutorial on how to get there, it would be much appreciated too. But really, can someone tell me what's going on? What do I do? How to fix it myself? I really don't want to spend much money to send to people like Geek Squad or something to get it fixed at the moment.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-pcg-61112l-recovery-problems-620988.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, I just got this computer but did not get the recovery CD,s with it, I want to do a full re-installation to put it back to new and wondered if anyone has got them and would be prepared to copy them for me

Many thanks

Colin

A:SONY VAIO SR11K LAPTOP Recovery CD's

Hiya cjbtaylor...

Finding the right Recovery CD may prove to be difficult at best, there is some possibility that more than one recovery CD was packaged depending on what each of these had on it the Recovery CD packaged with it meets the particular needs of each different one made.
You should provide more information... the particular OS and what particular software appears to be factory loaded with that one that you now own.

Here is a link that shows some info on it, you may want to look under accessories or misc.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=PCG-SR11K

Best of luck to you mate

DS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-sr11k-laptop-recovery-cds.75114/
Relevancy 47.3%

any one got where i cud download sony vaio fz21m recovery cd with vista premium OS? my recovery disc 2 of 3 gives errors and all sites r offering payment mode n i ain got no credit cards...any free site...pls mail to removed. 10x

A:download sony vaio fz21m recovery cd

any one got where i cud download sony vaio fz21m recovery cd wit vista premium OS? my recovery disc 2 of 3 gives errors and all sites r offering payment mode n i ain got no credit cards, i loaded vista business but ma recovery pation is gone n funtions are greatly reduced...any free site...pls mail to removed. 10x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/download-sony-vaio-fz21m-recovery-cd-411906.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Sony Vaio Desktop, the model number is in the thread title. I know sony normally puts two model numbers on their computers and that one is the one that returned the most info on their website. I need to know if there is a n "F" key that I can use to enter system recovery mode since my reload discs say "Can't find End User License Agreement" when the disc for recovery is booted. Any help possible would be phenomenal since I am running a business and need to know as soon an possible.

Thank you for your time and efforts,
Devon

A:Sony Vaio PCV RS101 desktop recovery

Restart the computer and hit F10 if the recovery partition is there it should start loading up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-pcv-rs101-desktop-recovery-614051.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My Sony RX650 won't boot past the Windows Welcome screen. Guess something's corrupted in there.

I have the set of Sony System Recovery CDs, but hope there's a way to use them and still keep my (dumbly unbacked up) Desktop files and folders.

Has anyone done this and been lucky? (And learned a big lesson about backups.)

Dave

A:Will Sony System Recovery CDs dump my desktop?

That's what sucks about most system recovery CD... All they do is wipe the computer clean and re-install the system to factory settings..

I suggest figureing out what is wrong.. What did you do right before this happend? install a program, change a device driver ?

If you know what happend before this, It would be easier to trouble shoot..

Also, have you tried the M$ restore to last good point? after the POST of the system and before the windows splash screen pops up, Hit F8, this should take you to a boot up screen, at the bottom there will be a choice to 'restore to last good point' or something along the lines of that.. This might solve your problem also..

Respond back if you have any questions of if this has helped..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-sony-system-recovery-cds-dump-my-desktop.176212/
Relevancy 47.3%

The HDD on my sony vaio sony booting recovery not discs vaio vgn-ns n failed and I had sony vaio recovery discs not booting a new HDD installed by the chain where I initially acquired the laptop not by Sony The repair service re-installed Vista Business as the OS I have the VAIO system recovery discs I made as instructed when the laptop was new but when i insert the first recovery CD in the DVD CD drive and restart the laptop it re-boots just the same as if I had not put a recovery disk in the drive I checked the recovery discs do have files stored on them so I assume they burned correctly In researching the problem I have seen references to changing the BIOS to make the CD DVD drive boot first I cannot find anything called BIOS on my laptop I have read comments to the effect that the recovery discs will only work on HDDs installed by Sony but I do not find this info documented anywhere I went to Sony support the tech first advised that I was not following the instructions exactly - like quot turn on laptop insert disc restart laptop quot is somehow tricky Then he said my hardware was bad and i should send the laptop to Sony for bucks The HDD amp CD DVD worked just fine when I reloaded my anti-virus Is BIOS called something else on older laptops Is it true the recovery discs won t work because Sony didi not install the new HDD Any suggestions how I can restore my HDD yes I do have all my personal files backed up elsewhere but that s a different topic Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Business Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

It's that time again. I received this laptop which has major problems. I need to do a system recovery, and I don't have any recovery software. I'd really appreciate if you could show me how to do this. Thanks.

A:Complete System Recovery for Sony Vaio

You don't give the model number but normally you press assist button on boot up go get to recovery partition

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127076-complete-system-recovery-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I turn my machine on and it goes through all the normal screens, then it says starting vaio system recovery. It starts with the loading and finishes, screen goes dark, and it seems like it is about to start with the recovery process, but just light blue box, not quite the size of the monitor. The mouse arrow is there and the hour glass starts to turn, the hard drive is lighting up and then nothing, just the light blue screen. I have tried with the recovery DVD and without it, just from the hard drive. I just want this to get back to the way it was out of the box. No data loss issues. Please help

A:trying a complete system recovery for sony pcv-v300g,

your recovery DVD should try to run if you bios has the dvd rom set as the first in the boot order.. once that is set to first boot .then when you boot the pc with the dvd in the drive...at boot up you should get a message that says hit any key to boot from DVD... if you are not seeing this message at boot up then the BIOS is not set correctly to attempt to boot from the DVD drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-a-complete-system-recovery-for-sony-pcv-v300g-498375.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I am new member here and i don't know if this is the right place to post this question I am currently having problems doing a Restore Complete System with my Sony Vaio and i believe it is a PCG - L Model number on the bottom I don't know if that's what model it is running Windows I had originally ran the alt f method to restore the system I had kept on running into errors such as Error and Error The suggested action Sony's website gave me was that I should run a Hardware Diagnostics I did so nothing came up I then came into the Recovery Discs themselves and began to use them I did a Restore Complete System another error popped up I am not sure but the error code was something like Error something along those lines The Sony website then suggested to use the alt f option which already had failed me But even so i tried to do so and for some reason now that won't start I continually pressed and held the buttons but nothing showed just the black screen saying something was missing My screen is somewhat damage there is a barrage of lines with dead pixels going down the left side of the screen they're all clumped up together and is all together about taking up - inches horizontally and to hold ctrl alt dlt to restart So my guess is that recovery partition may have been erased when using Recovery PCG Vaio -61112L Sony Problems the Recovery Disks I Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems don't know This is really frustrating and I really need help badly I don't Sony Vaio PCG -61112L Recovery Problems know what to do and such besides reset the BIOS and even then i don't know how to get there i press f and all but i can't find the option there If someone can give me a precise tutorial on how to get there it would be much appreciated too But really can someone tell me what's going on What do I do How to fix it myself I really don't want to spend much money to send to people like Geek Squad or something to get it fixed at the moment

Note : The Vaio is about 1-2 year5 old, maybe more. I don't know exactly. Was handed down to me by my mother. And I've been using it for a year or so. And the reason i had done a Restore Complete System is because it had suddenly gone from running incredibly well running games like Starcraft 2 with no lag to barely being able to open Google Chrome.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-pcg-61112l-recovery-problems-620985.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi.
I am about to sell my old Sony Vaio notebook and have run the recovery disc to return the notebook to its factory state. Can I be confident that this has removed all personal files etc or is there something else I should do to ensure all my personal details files etc are removed.
Thanks.

A:Running recovery disc on Sony Vaio

You can check the My Documents folder and any additional partitions like D:\ to see if there's anything left over but if you ran the full recovery then it should have removed everything and overwritten the drive with the recovery image.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-recovery-disc-on-sony-vaio.629629/
Relevancy 46.87%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was updating my music software and somehow changed the folder that my music downloads to...that unfortunately caused the deletion of the old folder. I know there are "recovery" type programs out there but what are some of the better options? Thanks for any advice!

-d26blaze

A:file recovery? deleted my music folder...

Well try using a system restore point if your desperate maybe you can get some of your files back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-recovery-deleted-my-music-folder.776383/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I am trying to work on a sony vaio PCG715 Laptop with Windows 7 on it.. It will not boot fully to OS, even with F8 options it will not pass the Admin log in screen, when I sign in, It says "unable to log in OS install not complete" so then I try again to restart and it says "OS Install about to begin" I understand VAIO's do not ship recovery discs (GRRRRR...) and I cannot even get it to boot in to see if there is recovery options in all programs.. And There doesn't seem to be any F? options to boot directly into recovery.. Nor with F8 there is no "Repair your Computer" option so I can't get into recovery and perform reinstall that way either.. Are Sony Vaio's really that different/ Or am I missing small detail somewhere?, Any Suggestions? THANKS IN ADVANCE AS ALWAYS!!

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello

I have sony vaio core i5, Model VPCEB4B4E, windows 7 home premium 32 bit. I bought it from italy, i lost its recovery participation. and formatted my hard disk completely. i also do not have its recovery disk. i called vaio service center they told that you have to buy recovery disk for almost 50 EUROS. I do not wanna buy it. any body can tell me that where from i can download the recovery disk of this model. or if any person have the same model. please contact me. and reply me it is very important.

Greetings in advance

Asif

A:Sony Vaio VPCEB4B4E. I lost my recovery Partition. Need Help

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to make Sony Recovery Disks:
View Document

How to use Sony Recovery:
View Document

How to use Sony Hardware Diagostics:
View Document

How to order Sony Recovery disks:
1.Go to http://servicesales.sel.sony.com.
2.Enter your computer's model number (for example, PCV-XXXX), and click List Parts and accessories.
3.Follow the online instructions to order the Recovery Media Kit.
If you are not able to access the Sony Direct Accessories and Parts Center Web site, contact a customer service representative at 1-800-488-7669.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/195573-sony-vaio-vpceb4b4e-i-lost-my-recovery-partition-need-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings all First off I ve been to Sony and they pretty much told me to get my hard drive serviced I don t think they know what they are talking about so I m out for another opinion Here s my problem and what I ve done so far I have a GB Seagate SATA hard drive that won t boot up to Windows I get the error quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt system hal dll Please reinstall a copy of the above file quot I think this may have come about because I was updating too many things at once without restarting and perhaps VAIO Sony Solved: system VGC-RC110G recovery... the boot ini file was corrupted because prior to this I was able to use the OS just fine until I restarted the Solved: Sony VAIO VGC-RC110G system recovery... computer I have the ability to get to a startup menu to select safe mode with without networking last known configuration etc however none of that has helped me with this I read somewhere about recovery console but it seems that has to be installed from within Windows itself so it doesn t help me here it s not an option in the start up menu I ve resolved to recover the system back to factory default so my next idea was to get another SATA drive run my recovery disk on that with the original hardware installed and then hook up my original SATA drive in a quot slave quot capacity to recover my personal data This is where I m running in to a problem According to Sony the recovery CD will only work on the original hardware even the original hard drive - I find this a little far fetched I can see the video card RAM and sound card - but not the hard drive Another route through which I ve tried to resolve this is boot to a Windows XP CD and install XP fresh on the newly installed GB SATA drive Western Digital - it comes with a Data Lifeguard Tools CD that lets you partition and format the drive to get it ready for what seems to be a routine reload of the OS This is not going as planned The XP setup does not recognize that there is a drive present - even though it shows up in the BIOS Here s a summary of what else I ve done - restored BIOS to default settings - removed extra RAM video card and sound card - RAM currently is GB PC DDR - Video card is ATI Radeon X - Sound card is onboard - hard drive connected Western Digital GB SATA connected to SATA out of connectors - through recognized correctly in the BIOS I ve already accepted that I will need to reload the operating system but it s not letting me do that I suspect maybe drivers are needed to some degree but I m not that familiar with the SATA architecture to know if that s the case I remember days of DOS and the headaches of configuring config sys and autoexec bat perhaps those days aren t so far away for my situation Any help you can provide would be very welcome nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

hello Window Eight Forums I have a question about my VAIO Notebook Laptop It originally came with a lot of Bloatware installed Which was hindering its potential performance So I deleted all partitions hidden and not hidden including all the partitions Sony reinstall recovery Can VAIO I the original recovery partitions that come pre installed on a Sony VAIO laptop I then reinstalled a clean windows version using A windows retail installation DVD I have I contacted Sony support about another issue I am having with my TB HDD making clicking sounds and I was told quot Because I have done the above I am no longer able to receive support from Sony EU because I have wiped the recovery partitions and original windows and reinstalled windows Retail Without contacting Fony quot So this brought me to ask these questions Can I reinstall the original Sony VAIO recovery partitions to my already installed windows OS and is this even possible Fortunately I created recovery Can I reinstall the original Sony VAIO recovery partitions media DVD's not long after first use of my new laptop These recovery media DVD's are basically a complete backup image of everything on my Hard Drive at Can I reinstall the original Sony VAIO recovery partitions the Can I reinstall the original Sony VAIO recovery partitions point of recovery media creation time including the recovery partitions and Windows Windows seems to be running okay at the moment so I would rather not have to completely format my HDD again and start fresh using the recovery media DVD's I created Is it possible to reinstall only the Sony VAIO OEM recovery partitions along side my already installed windows retail Using my created Recovery Media Thank's in advance for any help and advice

A:Can I reinstall the original Sony VAIO recovery partitions

Welcome to EightForums.

You would need reinstall the complete original Sony VAIO install & recovery partitions.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/24454-can-i-reinstall-original-sony-vaio-recovery-partitions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a queston problem please I am using Vista SP bits on a Sony Vayo VGN After year I want to reinstall Vista to the factory settings so I have a clean OS I do not have any recovery disc or original Vista DVD - none came with the laptop The problems starts recovery without Vista Re-install disc Sony Vaio on a now I didn't create a recovery disc and more my DVD drive is not reading anymore any CD DVD on short is not working My question is there any possibility to reinstall Vista without a recovery disc or with Re-install Vista without a recovery disc on Sony Vaio an original Vista CD DVD Can I reinstall Vista from the recovery partition somehow Couldn't Microsoft make it Re-install Vista without a recovery disc on Sony Vaio easier to be able to reinstall Vista from the recovery partition without a recovery disc but just with a click Or am I missing something here What I tried to go to Bios to see if I can boot from the recovery partition but there is no option like this there only the usual ones local HDD local drive USB Re-install Vista without a recovery disc on Sony Vaio optical drive etc And is strange I can not see this recovery partition in Computer-Manage-Storage-DiskManagement Any ideas Any help is very appreciated Thanks Seranno

A:Re-install Vista without a recovery disc on Sony Vaio

VAIO Recovery Center has the ability to restore to factory settings. It should be pre-installed on your computer.
If you want to boot to VAIO Recovery Center, not Windows. Then press f10 when the VAIO logo appears at the start of booting your computer.

Make sure you had backup your files and programs. Because it deletes EVERYTHING, including other partitions, except the recovery partition.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/283650-re-install-vista-without-recovery-disc-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a small sony laptop. I formatted because I wanted all of the hdd space for my own use and not for a bunch of recovery stuff that I 90% will not use and uninstall anyway. However, there are some programs I do want. I want the program that sony has to regulate my power consumption, I want the office2003 programs, and some others. I called and there is a 50 minute wait; totallty unacceptable. I don't have 50 minutes. How else do I go about getting those programs? On the sony site they say that the original software is on a certain page, but thats not exactly true, its the drivers that are found on that page, not the "original software" as it seems to lead one to believe. Can anyone help on how to get this stuff or other solutions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-software-downloads-after-erasing-the-recovery-partition.212428/
Relevancy 46.44%

hello, as I was trying to do the system recovery on my vaio rx 860. Unfortuantely I just found out my system recovery cd PCV-RZ10/ Rx800series CD #3 has a crack in it. i am wondering is anyone out there has one for me to borrow or if anyone is willing to make me a copy. I would be deeply appreciate your help. please let me know. thank you

artisan101

A:I need to locate a sony vaio recovery cd, mine is damged

Hello i am looking to borrow someone's sony vaio recovery cd PCV-Rz10/ Rx800 system recovery cd. just find out mine is damaged. please email me if you can help, artisan101

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-need-to-locate-a-sony-vaio-recovery-cd-mine-is-damged-648644.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys I bought a sony vaio laptop VPCYB AG in only year warranty Few days ago everytime when i switch on or restart my machine a message will pop up saying quot smart hard disk failure please consider to backup your files quot press ESC to continue quot Then it will load to desktop as normal I have called sony service center drive? i new hard transfer into How Partition OEM Recovery do Sony in my area to How do i transfer OEM Sony Recovery Partition into new hard drive? change the new hard disk but the price are too expensive I want to know if i can just buy the new internal hard disk brand Hitachi or others from computer hardware shops to replace the broken hard disk if yes do i need to get the same hard disk brand hitachi Can you guys give some brands model that suit my laptop model I also want to know can i keep transfer the OEM Win starter pre installed softwares and recovery partition into the new hard disk I just want to change the new hard disk but keep everything else that comes with OEM from sony including the recovery partition I have created the recovery disks Please help me guys and pardon me for my bad english

A:How do i transfer OEM Sony Recovery Partition into new hard drive?

1. Yes you can install any 2.5" HDD - any make and any size.

2. Best is to make an image of all partitions of your current HDD to an external disk. Then you can restore these partitions to the new HDD. You can try Windows 7 imaging but I would recommend free Macrium.

Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/295510-how-do-i-transfer-oem-sony-recovery-partition-into-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Windows is inaccessible. How do I access the system recovery stored in the system recovery partition on a Sony Vaio VGN-CR320E?

I have no System Recovery disks or any of the other disks that might have come with this system.

Relevancy 46.44%

Operating system is Windows XP home.

I received that message about Windows having an error and having to shut down.

Message Now my laptop won't boot up, and I believe Windows crashed. This happened soon after I installed Quicken 2010, downloaded Windows service pack 3 (SP3), and connected a USB external back up drive, so I don't know what caused it to happen.

It currently will only keep cycling through "Sony Vaio recovery utility, provided by Windows" then just tries to reboot again. It runs the utility, goes to a blank light blue screen for 30 seconds or so, then tries to reboot. Nothing I've tried will get it into safe mode either. I've tried all the F keys, including F8, which is supposed to be the Vaio's safe mode trigger.

Relevancy 46.44%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/
Relevancy 46.44%

Im mad that my My Music folder is empty, how do i put my windows media player music in it? whenever i download music i just go to "Add to windows media player", how do i bring that to "My music", thx

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

i do it manually. if you right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually dragndrop that file into your my music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.566306/
Relevancy 46.44%

I m a very wordy person so to avoid that I m going to do this in point form and if you need any other Recovery impossible! boot help! lost Can't Please XP, My Pictures/Music, info please ask Running Win XP Media Center on HP Pavilion m n Samsung HDD GB ea Can t remember the RAM or anything else History Previous crash due to corrupt registry Jan Fixed with HP Recovery no data lost Now Windows will not load Have tried all Can't boot XP, lost My Pictures/Music, Recovery impossible! Please help! the options it gives on the black screen Safe mode last good config normally etc All just cause reboot Except Safe mode scrolls through a list of drivers and such before hanging for a minute then rebooting Can t access recovery also causes reboot and never actually goes into the program Have removed HDD and used it as an external HDD on my Macbook It recognizes the drive and the partition which holds the Recovery Most files are intact with the exception of My Pictures and My Music containing my digi cam photos and all purchased iTunes music My Documents and all other sub-folders are still present and now contains strange new sub-folder called quot My Documentsimages quot Recovery partitioned section seems to be empty HDD will not be recognized when hooked up to old IBM Pen Win XP Error msg quot Error performing inpage operation quot Still works on Macbook Other HDD is fine and working well Just the boot HDD won t work I don t have WinXP discs or HP Recovery discs They never came with my comp First Is there anyway to recover My Pictures and My Music Second Any idea what the heck is wrong Thanks so much for any insight anyone has When I get home from work I ll be hooking it up to my sisters HP to see if it boots there since I was told it could be a motherboard issue But I still don t understand what happened to my most important files then Please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-xp-lost-my-pictures-music-recovery-impossible-please-help.726680/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi can anyone help me out

I have Sony Viao VGN-CS115J with Vista 64 my laptop is not able to run windows after turning On my laptop it shows the Logo and stuff but then nothing happens screen is blank its not Black have some light but nothing appears on it well i have tried to recover it with the Recovery Disc but going all through the process of booting it shows to Start Recover i choose that and press enter then it shows windoes files copying after that process bar completed it shows nothing and after like a minute my Hard Disk light just keep on blinking feels like its stucked or somthing i dont know whats happnening can any one help me out please thanks my email is [email protected] thanks Imran.

A:My Sony Vaio VGN-CS115J is getting stuck in middle of Recovery Process

1. Dont leave your email address on here. Spemmers will find it easily and fill your email account with junk.
2. Make sure you unplug every cable except power cord when doing a recovery or it may fail.
3. Go to BIOS (F10) and run a smart test on hard drive. The hard drive may be failing.

There's a start for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-sony-vaio-vgn-cs115j-is-getting-stuck-in-middle-of-recovery-process-374242.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Can any one please provide me with the original sound drivers for the Sony laptop model-vgn-t27gp? This model works on Windows XP OS.

Many thanks if the recovery disk for the same is made available for download.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
i have sony vaio vgn-cr313h, for last 3 years its worked fine. but from last 2-3 months it automatically powered off suddenly. so i took it to a repair shop they fix the problem and installed new bios of different model number and serial number.

Now, if i m trying to access sony vaio recovery center via f10 key during boot and selecting recover c drive option then it gives an "Error: model number could not be found error code 94." and failed to recover from recovery partition.

i want to know how to access hidden partition so that i can install my original windows vista with all its drivers and software.

thanks

A:Sony Vaio VGN-CR313H: Unable to access recovery partition

Hello vijaysharma and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you sure you still have the hidden recovery partition on the hard drive? The repair shop could have erased it. I suggest you open Disk Management and look for a recovery partition. It should be about 10 - 15GB in size. If you're not sure you could post a screenshot of the expanded disk management window.

How To Access Disk Management in Windows 7

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

If no recovery partition exists the only other way to return you rmachine to factory specs would probably be by using recovery disks (a set of DVDs created by you at time of purchase or bought separately from Sony.) If the recovery partition does exist please post back. If it hasn't been damaged or corrupted it might be able to be accessed through Start > All Programs > Sony Vaio Care > Recovery or perhaps by using a live Linux CD like Ubuntu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241800-sony-vaio-vgn-cr313h-unable-access-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Folks,

I have a 5GB of Recovery partition placed on my one drive with Vista, I want the space and have no need for the Recovery section. Primarily I would just like to Format it as its the correct size for the dual boot I want to instal. Unfortuatnley windows tells me it is not possible to format the drive. (D

I have deleted everything on it and still it refuses to be formated.

I have seen this issue of recovery partitions come up before and trail off.

Anyone got a solution that will not confuse Vista?

A:Solved: Sony Vaio TZ13 Vista recovery partiion needs to be deleted, How?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-tz13-vista-recovery-partiion-needs-to-be-deleted-how.722069/
Relevancy 45.15%

My friend in california had some issues with his computer, so he put a recovery disk his friend gave him thinking it would help him. The recovery disk created a D: drive partition that says recovery, and his computer is much slower to where he cant use it.

He says he should just reinstall windows, that he lost everything already. I told him to wait till I find out more answers.

1) how can we recover lost files that could be in the D: partition
2) what is causing his computer/internet slowdown
3) why did his computer not load windows and asked him to use a recovery disk

thanks

A:Friend used recovery software and lost music files + computer now slow

When the portion was made what was the size set to? how much space is left on the drive with the windows core files?

What is on the D:\\ drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/friend-used-recovery-software-and-lost-music-files-computer-now-slow-185268.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My friend in california had some issues with his computer, so he put a recovery disk his friend gave him thinking it would help him. The recovery disk created a D: drive partition that says recovery, and his computer is much slower to where he cant use it.

He says he should just reinstall windows, that he lost everything already. I told him to wait till I find out more answers.

1) how can we recover lost files that could be in the D: partition
2) what is causing his computer/internet slowdown
3) why did his computer not load windows and asked him to use a recovery disk

thanks

A:Friend used recovery software and lost music files + computer now slow

Hi,
Two reliable (free) recovery progs are 'Restoration' and PCFileInspector. I've used them both for normal rescues whenI've gone into a delete frenzy by mistake. Not sure if they'll rescue yours as there seem to be other issues, but worth a try?

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?Language=1

I hope this helps?

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/friend-used-recovery-software-and-lost-music-files-computer-now-slow.632008/
Relevancy 43.86%

Does anyone know how to sync music with the Windows 8 music app, import playlists or such? It seems very user unfriendly...

A:How to sync music with the Windows 8 Music App?

Hello Chumly248,

I can't tell you at the moment, but I will look into it as soon as I get home...

What are you trying to synch with?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/how-to-sync-music-with-the-windows-8-music-app-675434.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I need help I have a Acer windows 7 I tried all the possible recovery options the only that can help me is the command prompt I tried most commands but need help thank you
(I do not have a repair disk)

A:Recovery - Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614188/windows-error-recovery/

Specific Acer model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614284/recovery-split-from-httpwwwbleepingcomputercomforumst614188windows-error-recovery/
Relevancy 40.42%

i had upgrade my windows to 8.1, the problem is that i cant install Dell backup & recovery, when i installing and updating PE I get FACTORY SETUP ERROR 5
is there any technical help me please...thx

however...its cant recovery or reset my laptop back to factory image...

just like this photo...
recovery cant... refresh also cant...

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

just similar same with my problem, my one is factorysetup error 5, i think its different...
however my recovery software uninstalled, because installed new version need to uninstall old version, after it cant install new version....
then ur laptop can launch recovery or not??my one cant just show above picture.....

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19538385
Relevancy 40.42%

I have the same problem.
Recently I updated my PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10.After almost a month I returned back to windows 8.1 from windows 10.
When I tried to install dell backup and recovery (Backup-and-Recovery_Application_64M9D_WN32_1.8.1.71_A00) I got factory error 5.
I cannot refresh my PC from windows also. I am getting the error “could not find the recovery environment”.
Now in command prompt
1. reagentc/info

2. reagentc/enable

3. Exit and reboot.
After the reboot I tried to install dell backup and recovery again. Then also I got the same “factory setup error 5”.

Then I checked the reagent/info in command prompt after reboot. It shows it is disabled.

Please help me.
Thank you

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

LRKRAO,
Click the link below for information on restoring the OS using DBAR.
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery-1-8-1-71/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19655197
Relevancy 40.42%

Dear Dell I am trying to create recovery a 8 Recovery is Backup Windows to DVD Recovery Unable on Create and Dell discs from quot Dell backup and Recovery Dell Backup and Recovery is Unable to Create a Recovery DVD on Windows 8 application quot however when i was asked to insert the second DVD the optical drive keeps rejecting the DVD The application will not continue to burn the second DVD and appears to be frozen I tyied with different brands makers of DVD and also - R Unfortunately Issue remains I was able to find this article nbsp nbsp Published on - - nbsp relative link http support dell com support topics global aspx support kcs document c us amp cs amp docid amp doclang en amp l en amp s dhs nbsp Although i have done the updates i am still not able to create recovery discs nbsp nbsp Current Issue nbsp after inserting the nbsp rd Disc application gives the following message quot Dbr exe -No disc found quot and stays there and rejects the DVD nbsp I spoke with Dell s Greek Support team I was told that warranty does not cover sw support even if my unit is less than a week old Furthermore i was informed that although quot Dell backup and recovery quot application says DELL is not actually a Dell product thus they can t support it They suggested my to use windows file recovery instead which needs at least DVDs As you can understand this is a workaround and not a Solution I hope that someone from Dell is going to look into it and revert with a specific answer and permanent solution nbsp nbsp Model nbsp inspiron nbsp nbsp Thank you

A:Dell Backup and Recovery is Unable to Create a Recovery DVD on Windows 8

Hi ylikonomos,
You can try to uninstall and re-install Dell Backup and Recovery Manager and Dell Support Center. Follow these steps: 

Press Windows+ 'X' key on the keyboard.
Select 'Programs and Features' from the context menu that appears on the left bottom corner.

Uninstall Dell Backup and Recovery Manager and Dell Support Center from the application list.

Hereafter, check the BIOS version installed on the laptop. Press Windows + 'R' key, type msinfo32 and press Enter.   Locate the BIOS version. If it is A04, the BIOS update is not required. If not, update BIOS. Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:* No external devices (printer, USB drive, SD card, DVD) should be connected.* All other programs should be closed and documents saved.* The AC adapter and battery should be connected during this process. The battery should be 10% or more than 10% charged.  
Here is the link for BIOS update: http://dell.to/VBwSAh. The laptop will reboot after this update. Visit this link: http://dell.to/VBz1fr and click Dell Support Center. Download and install the application. Once done, visit this link: http://bit.ly/UUjIs0 and install Dell Backup and Recovery Manager. Reboot the computer and check if you are able to create the recovery media.
Please try these steps and share the status.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19492319
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello all Yup Got the XP recovery infection last night black screen then blue screen disabled task manager critical popups etc Protection was Microsoft Essentials Two main questions -Ran microsoft security scanner Microsoft essentials Rkill Malwarebytes Malware remover That seemed to have eliminate - viruses troj But it wasnt until I did a system restore that things started looking better After the Restore I infection,Windows icon recovery remains... XP still "Fixed" XP recovery had to run unhide exe and that made things seem normal Now to my question is what I did enough OR will I have to reinstall from disk etc I guess I kinda feel that the System Restore is not the best fix When would the malware rear its "Fixed" XP recovery infection,Windows XP recovery icon still remains... head again immediately or later I do not have the install disks Circa system that I cant unload for standard reasons -Also I have this "Fixed" XP recovery infection,Windows XP recovery icon still remains... shortcut icon on the desktop Windows XP "Fixed" XP recovery infection,Windows XP recovery icon still remains... Recovery what is that byte file that was created at the time of the infection pm Not sure what to do with this and where it came from malware Do I uninstall it I havent opened it Gratzi

A:"Fixed" XP recovery infection,Windows XP recovery icon still remains...

Sometimes this method of recovery works but other times it may not since System Restore was not designed to be a virus or malware removal tool. Whether it will be successful depends on what type of infection you are dealing with, what damage the malware has already caused, whether it disabled System Restore and if not, and what is restored during the process.This is what mvps.org has to say:NO. System Restore was not designed to be a virus or spyware removal tool and should not be depended on to do so. Click here for more information on virus and spyware removal.Can I use System Restore to remove virus or malware infection?Generally it's better to leave System Restore alone until the machine is clean and stable. However, in some cases, using System Restore may return some system stability if you are having problems running disinfection tools or booting up. If you are able to successfully use System Restore to return to a previous state there is no guarantee your computer will not still be infected. As such, you should immediately perform scans with your anti-virus and anti-malware tools afterwards, then monitor your system for any signs of infection.Also, I have this shortcut icon on the desktop 'Windows XP Recovery'...what is that? 819byte file that was created at the time of the infection 830pm 6/5/2011. Not sure what to do with this and where it came from...malware? Do I uninstall it? I havent opened it.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect a file which you know to be malicious, use its built-in FileAssassin feature for removing stubborn malware files.Go to the "More Tools" tab and click on the "Run Tool" buttonBrowse to the location of the file(s) to remove using the drop down box next to "Look in:" at the top.When you find the file, click on it to highlight, then select Open.You will be prompted with a message warning: This file will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?. Click Yes.If removal did not require a reboot, you will receive a message indicating the file was deleted successfully.Click Ok and exit MBAM.If prompted to reboot, then do so immediately.-- If the file returns, then you probably have other malware on your system which is protecting or regenerating it.Caution: Be careful what you delete. FileAssassin is a powerful program, designed to remove highly persistent files. Using it incorrectly could lead to serious problems with your operating system if removing a critical file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402272/fixed-xp-recovery-infectionwindows-xp-recovery-icon-still-remains/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Dell Experts Please kindly advise nbsp on the procedure to restore the software after the replacement of mother board From where do I download the nbsp OS DELL -Recovery replacement - OS Windows recovery of Motherboard XPS and 2710 of software for the newly DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows replaces Mother board nbsp My XPS becomes faulty with recent upgrade to Window further research in the forum shows that XPS does not support Windows config and will make the screen black out Only option is to replace the motherboard nbsp Now even with the replacement motherboard not sure how the recovery of nbsp OS softwares will be done including nbsp other softwares Any guide or manual to follow DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows nbsp With recent upgrade of Windows upgrade my computer XPS totally black out nbsp I DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace With the replacement Mother Board I think I am required to re-install the Windows nbsp and I think it will ask for a Product key since it is a replacement mother board Please advise with the faulty motherboard forced to replace the Motherboard how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows nbsp With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS just because of the Windows upgrade I am planning to fall back to Window with the replacement mother board pleaser advise Regards Sathish

A:DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows

The license is OEM and the product key is embedded in the UEFI BIOS of the motherboard. If you replace the motherboard and it doesn't have a UEFI BIOS embedded Windows 8.x product key you will be unable to activate Windows 8.1 and may have to buy Windows 8.1 again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679536
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Folks nbsp I have an XPS which was running a fully updated version of Windows nbsp Using Dell Backup and Recovery free edition I created a Factory Backup of Recovery Media to DVD nbsp So far so good So now the hard drive failed and I ve installed its replacement nbsp I boot off the 8.1 How for Recovery Recovery after to Windows use Drive Media Hard Replacement Recovery Media How to use Recovery Media for Windows 8.1 Recovery after Hard Drive Replacement but there are NO OPTIONS to recover that actually work nbsp On the initial screen I get Troubleshoot or Turn off your PC So I choose Troubleshoot nbsp I m then presented with Refresh Reset Advanced Options and Command Prompt nbsp Refresh says the drive is locked and to unlock it first huh nbsp If I choose a quot Reset quot I m presented with a seemingly related issue quot Unable to Reset your PC A required drive partition is missing quot Why isn t there a quot Press this stupid button and we ll reinstall everything off the Recovery Media you created quot nbsp This seems totally absurd nbsp Am I losing my mind Thanks in advance

A:How to use Recovery Media for Windows 8.1 Recovery after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi Spamcop01,
I would suggest you to try booting the system with the recovery discs again so that this time it will boot using the disc. If you’re still facing the same issue the recovery disc may be corrupt. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19537766