Windows Support Forum

Accessing Data Without OS

Q: Accessing Data Without OS

I have Windows XP on my laptop. The system crashed and I want to get my data out so I removed the harddrive and connected it to another laptop via a USB cable. I can open all of the data except for the one protected under my user name folder, because I had a password. Is there a way I can get into that folder (I still have the password) without running windows?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Accessing Data Without OS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 52.46%

How access AppData folders.
That say, "permission declined".

Don Cole

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75227-accessing-app-data.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I put a new boot drive in my computer and am using my old one as storage space on the computer. Because I had a system administrator password for my username on my old drive windows will not let me access files I had on my desktop or in the My Documents folder. There is a lot of music and video files I had in these two places that I need to get back. I can not get my old drive to work as the boot drive at all, have tried everything from reinstalling windows on it, to changing jumper settings and even in BIOS but can't get it to work. I am looking for a way to get around this password. When I try to access the folders the files are in it say that it is not accessible. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

A:Need Help Accessing Data

Hi tci,Let's give this a shot. Create an XP boot disk. Right click the start button and select explore.Place a floppy disk into the computer - one you can erase.On the explorer screen - right click the "A" drive and select FORMAT - A being the FLOPPY DRIVEA new window will display - check the box that says "CREATE A MS-DOS START-UP DISK"The disk will format.************************************************Now, boot to this disk. If you hard drive is shown as drive "D", type D: (where D is the drive letter of the hard drive to be browsed to)type cd d:\documements and settings\administrator\my documentsHopefully this will have you in the right place on your hard drive. Type dir /p (This should display a directory listing for the administrator's my documents directory that is in paged form... press a key to continue scrolling through list.************************************************Try this first! Copy files to your new hard drive by doing the following: type:copy *.* c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\*.*Should move all files in the "my documents" directory.Next type:cd my picturescopy *.* c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\my pictures\*.*Should move all files in my pictures directoryType cd .. Type cd my videosType copy *.* c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\my videos\*.*Should move all files in my videos directoryType cd .. Type cd my musicType copy *.* c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\my music\*.*This may move the files to you new hard drive without issue. ************************************************If that doesn't work, try copying the files to a floppyStart copying your files to disk by doing the following:copy filename.ext a: (filename = name of your file ext = the extention ex: test.doc)If you don't have a lot of files to move this works: copy *.* a:When you have you files on disk, boot the new drive and use windows explorer to move the files where you want them on your new hard drive. ************************************************Hopefully booting into dos will ignore the password problem within XP. Good luckRigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15978/need-help-accessing-data/
Relevancy 51.6%

My ABS computer stopped working a few days ago, the trouble is with the motherboard. It is under warranty and is in the process of being repaired.

Before I shipped it to get repaired I removed the hard drive, and would like to access this working hard drive on another system to back up critical data.

I was told it can be installed in place of a cd drive or dvd drive by removing the cd and installing the hard drive in it's place.

Is this true and how would I access this drive from the pc?

Relevancy 51.6%

C:\Users\Application Data

Is Application Data another one of those "Junction Point" things?

I need access to application data to put back some of my trillian logs and other game data from XP.

Anyone know how or where its located.

Edit: Ohhhh okay its located in.... App Data now, right above Application data....

Is it safe to remove the Application Data folder link from c:\users\?

Id rather not have useless links in my folders.
Edit and yet another thing how do i get too cookies? The link in Users\ dont do nothing but say access denied.

Also Local Settings, How do i get to my temp files and Temp Internet files.

A:Accessing Application Data

In Windows 7, the AppData folder stores user settings. A folder called Application Data exists for backwards compatibility with XP.The Application Data folder is just a junction point folder to the AppData folder and is hidden.The only reason that it exists is to redirect legacy applications, that are hard coded to look for that folder, to the new location in Windows 7 i.e. the AppData\Local folder. So its not a useless link and should not be deleted.

To see cookies, click on Start button and in the search box, type "shell:Cookies" without quotes. To see your temporary internet files, type "shell:Cache". To access the temp folder, type "%tmp%".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/85091-accessing-application-data.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hopefully i can say this clearly enough the hd from an old computer was removed and i want to take the mp s from it and transfer them on to the new computer s hd the old hd has an OS windows on it the new hd is running Win XP the old hd is set to slave and is reckognized by WinXP disk management says that it is both healthy and active however it it save some an accessing data HD to OS on old with old has not been assigned a drive letter the only available right click options for it are delete partition and help this old hd is fat and the new one is NTFS quot so i have no apparent way to access accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data the old hd in order to transfer the mp s on to the new hd of course there are obvious methods to accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data get around the issue but i accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data am interested in knowing if there is a way to attack this thing head on ----------------------- perhaps the following has a similar solution i have a sata hd i disable it and proceed to hot unplug it then i plug it back in how do i then ENable it you see if i don t disable it and remove it then plug it back in it works fine i just happened to read that cached data could be lost if you don t disable it st btw i am still a bit paranoid about the whole proceedure so if anyone does this frequently without a drive bay i d love to know about it thank you for your help nbsp

A:accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data

got to setting/control panel/administrave tool /computer management
disk management see if it shows up here, if so,right click on the drive box, assign a drive letter
if that does not get it
try a disk management utility trial version see if it will assign a letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-old-hd-with-an-old-os-on-it-to-save-some-data.41053/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

Let us assume my windows xp machine is password protected and all my date is stored on drive C where windows is also installed, and my computer's mainboard which is many years old suddenly crashes and I would have to buy another mainboard. What happens to my data? How can I access it? I know that I can simply plug my harddisk drive on another computer and jumper the harddisk as a slave, but how can I access my data? Still worse, how can I access my data if I have made all my files private?

I would highly appreciate your help on this matter.

A:Accessing Data when Computer crashes

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-data-when-computer-crashes-117669.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone You folks seem to really know your stuff so I thaought you may be able to help I need some Vista? with data XP files Accessing advice please I have a hard drive with xp on it which got corrupted somehow Every time I go to log on it immediately logs me off I researched the problem online and it seems that the log in files got corrupted Apparently the virus renames one of Accessing XP data files with Vista? the files needed I called microsoft tech support to help but I don t have the windows setup disk so couldn t Accessing XP data files with Vista? copy any good files I tried with the Accessing XP data files with Vista? six bootable floppies and copied file but still didn t work They say I need to do a system repair but I can t without a disk Can t find anybody who has one Microsoft wouldn t send me one because I can t provide them with a product ID or key It s a custom built system so there s nobody else to call I can t log on to access key in registry either After weeks of trying to find somebody with XP professional disk I finally put in a new hard drive and bought vista everything went fine with that but now Ii need to know the best way to access the old data files on the other hard drive It has years worth of family photo s on there that mean the world to me I can t lose those My question is basically can I access the data files on that hard drive with vista add the hard drive as a slave or external hard drive Will it work even though the os is corrupted I also have a friend s laptop that has XP pro on it but he doesn t have the os disk Maybe call gateway to get a replacement xp pro disk for his and use it to do a repair on my hard drive would that erase the data files Would like to go the slave or external hard drive route because I could use a backup drive after this is resolved I appreciate any advice you can give nbsp

A:Accessing XP data files with Vista?

Short answer: Yes

Actually it would be wisest option for you to Backup your data via the USB external option, or via plugging the HardDrive in as Slave to another computer, or basically your Vista computer (that has its AntiVirus software up to date)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-xp-data-files-with-vista.109028/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I've just upgraded to 7057, and have tried to access my application data folder.
I get a window pop up, stating that it's not accessible, and that access is denied.

At the bottom of my user folder pane, it also shows that the application data folder is private, and it's only shown as a shortcut.

Any ideas how to get into my application data folder?

Thanks in advance,
Bob.

A:Problem accessing app data folder in 7057

Hello Bob,

It should be this C:\User\(user name)\AppData folder instead.

The C:\User\(user name)\Application Data folder is just a junction point folder to the AppData folder and cannot be accessed.

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/5315-problem-accessing-app-data-folder-7057-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have recently been experiencing problems accessing data through my computer for any CD DVDS or USB sticks that I insert into my computer Whenever I put a CD or DVD in the autoplay does not work I have gone onto the properties for the Problems Data Computer Using - CD/DVD/USB with My Accessing Stick CD drive through my computer and there is no option for auto play If i go in to media player i can access the music CD/DVD/USB Stick - Problems with Accessing Data Using My Computer through there However if entering a software CD there is no way that I can access the data Whenever the CD is in and playing through media player if i double click the drive the disk is in it asks me to enter a disk into the drive Whenever i have put in a USB stick it is asking me to format the drive The USB stick works on other computers and when attempting to format the drive anyway it fails I have completed the following tasks on command prompt Enter diskpart in the command prompt window Insert a software CD such as a game or business software into the drive and wait until the light on the front of the drive stops blinking Enter list volume at the command prompt On doing the aboe it does show that there is data in he CD drive so it recognies it from there However whenever I do the method from the following link the reply i get is that it is an invalid drive specification http support microsoft com kb This leads me to believe I am having drive problems could somebody help with this i e why can t i access the data through quot my computer quot and how can i remedy this thank you nbsp

A:CD/DVD/USB Stick - Problems with Accessing Data Using My Computer

Well it seems you have multiple problems, possibly not related to the fitness of either device. If you can, try your optical in another computer and see if works.

As a new member it's always a good idea to post all your computers specs in your profile, so folks don't have to ask a bunch of questions to help in the diagnosis. What OS, what country, brand/model number of opticals and MOBO. Service packs etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-usb-stick-problems-with-accessing-data-using-my-computer.767528/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Lacie portable hard drive suddenly stopped working, making a whirring noise and then stopping but not being recognised by the pc anymore. Bought a Sumvision Egen SATA USB enclosure as advised but this doesnt seem to work either. Computer recognises the enclosure but when attached to old SATA drive it no longer recognises it. Is the next step data recovery or are there are any suggestions? I am working on Vista

A:Issues accessing data on Lacie Drive

Sounds like the drive has died, if so software data recovery will not work, you might have to ship it to a professional data recovery house, not cheap at all.

Does it spin up when connected to the enclosure?

Have you connected it directly to a motherboard in a PC?

Some sata II drives have a jumper setting to limit the speed to 1.5gb/s, you might try this setting if it has it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-accessing-data-on-lacie-drive.868796/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently had a problem getting my HP to startup. I kept getting the beep beep beep that you get when the computer can't find the RAM. The computer tech guy that I took my comp to could not get the computer to boot up with the old RAM or the new RaM. We backed up the entire C Drive to an external hard drive. However, on my old computer, the admin was password protected and I dont think the files got backed up. Is there anyway of knowing how to access these files IF they were indeed backed up?
Thanks for any help
Steve

A:Accessing Password Protected Data on Backup

You shouldn't have a problem accessing the files; although you may need to do this:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174799/accessing-password-protected-data-on-backup/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have about 100 (maybe more) excel files that are "invoices". Each file has the exact same row and column headings, but different data.

I would like to put certain cells from each of these files into one excel file. I started by using the external reference command to get the data from the first file, and it worked fine.

I made a list of the filenamens in a column, and attempted to copy the "command" to use the filename in the first column for each row, therefore pulling identical cells from all the files. When I change the command, Excel then wants to format it as text.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Ken

Relevancy 50.74%

My IBM Thinkcentre Windows XP crashed and when I tried to repair XP it basically installed a brand new version of the OS partition. So now I cannot access files such as pics, music etc from hard drive.

Thanks in advance!

A:Problem Accessing Data from Hard Drive

At this point, do as little as you can from that computer. You can probably still recover these files. Download a free program like Recuva and run a scan on that hard drive to try and recover those files. You may have to mount the hard drive in another computer and run the scan from a different Windows OS. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-accessing-data-from-hard-drive.995407/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I am unable to see or access C::\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data

I'm not sure when this may have changed. Everything seems to working and running fine with my computer but I'm just can't imagine what is going on with my access issue here.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you may have,

Bob

A:Accessing Applicatiion Data within Windows Explorer

That's a hidden file. You can unhide it in folder options or access it directly by clicking start > run > type %appdata% and click ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-applicatiion-data-within-windows-explorer.586049/
Relevancy 50.74%

We added the hard drive from our old computer into our new computer (so, I have two hard drives, an old one and the new one). I can access Word documents, etc. on the old drive just fine, but I'm wondering if there is a way I can find/view my email addresses I had in Outlook Express and websites I had stored in "favorites" on my old drive. I hope this makes sense. Your help, as always, is appreciated! Robin

Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased a USB hard drive enclosure for my old laptop's hard drive, and I am now trying to access the data on it from my new computer. When I plug the hard drive into the USB port, it does not show up in 'my computer.' It does show up under disk management, however, and it gives me the option of 'initializing' it. I am afraid doing this will format the disk and erase the data, which I don't want to do. I simply want to be able to browse the files from my old hard drive. Any suggestions as to how I should proceed? Thank you.

A:hard drive enclosure--accessing data

My new computer is a Dell Studio laptop running windows vista. The hard drive is from a Toshiba Satellite running windows xp. The hard drive enclosure is an I/O Magic 2.0 enclosure. It did not come with any software. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-enclosure-accessing-data.815977/
Relevancy 50.74%

My PC s hard drive recently failed and had to be replaced Thankfully I had a bit of warning as the drive Drive Accessing On Faulty Data Hard had been acting strangely for a while so I d backed up pretty-much everything that s important to me before the failure However there is one email that I received just Accessing Data On Faulty Hard Drive before the crash and which is very important to me Unfortunately I didn t have time Accessing Data On Faulty Hard Drive to back this up I would like to Accessing Data On Faulty Hard Drive try to retrieve this email from off of the faulty drive and have read quite widely on the internet that one way of possibly gaining temporary access to a faulty drive is to place the faulty drive in some ziplock bags to exclude moisture and then to deep freeze it afterwhich and once reconnected it just may work for long enough to back up important docs Some say to freeze the drive for hours and some say for at least a week but my question is no matter how long the drive is frozen for does it actually help it to work or is it just a joke with me being so stupid as to believe it I mean surely after re-connection and once the frozen drive begins to warm back up water droplets may form on its suface and circuitry which certainly wouldn t bode well for continued operation when connected to a volt supply When all is said and done I would like to retrieve my lost data but not at the expense of turning my entire PC into toast Let s suppose I keep the freshly frozen drive out of the PC case let s say on an antistatic bag and connect it to its own volt supply and not the same one as used to power the rest of the PC so that the only connection it has to the main board is by means of its SATA cable Would I be likely to do any damage this way Perhaps just worth a mention that when the drive failed it just sat there either making a clicking noise or doing nothing with the PC continually displaying the blue screen of death Ultimately can anyone suggest any better ways of gaining access to data on a faulty drive Any suggestions gratefully received nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to access files created in 2014 stored on a floppy on a Windows 7 machine that doesn't have a floppy drive. I'm using an external floppy USB drive but the PC isn't able to access it. Any recommendations for how to do this? Thank you.

A:Accessing data on old 1.44Mb imation floppy disk

have you plugged it into all the usb slots?
if so, remove all usb devices go to device manager, expand universal serial bus controllers right-click on all the family usb host controllers and delete reboot the machine letting windows reinstall automatically then try the floppy drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-data-on-old-1-44mb-imation-floppy-disk.1170199/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am dualbooting Win8 and Win7, using one 500gb hard drive. Win7 has been my main OS, so all of my music, photos, etc. are stored there.

How can I access the user data from my Win7 install , from my Win8 install?

Everytime I try to go to it from Win8 ---- > My computer it says that I don't have permission to access the files for that user,then attempts to do so for some random period of time, and in the end nothing happens.

A:Accessing Win7 use data and files from Win8 install on HD

I have noticed for quite awhile that your post has had no replies. It doesn't seem like your problem should be too hard to solve--but the lack of replies suggests that it is not that easy to solve. Anyway, I am having no luck in solving your problem via searches.

I don't want to say something like change the permissions because fooling with the permissions of bootable partitions labeled with drive letters might be problematic. I certainly don't suggest that you try to do so without knowing for sure what the consequences might be. I have some questions. Can you access the Win8 drive from your Win7 partition? Are both partitions labeled with drive letters in Computer? If yes, what happens when you double click the Win7 drive having started up to Win8 and vice versa? How have you been trying to access the Win7 partition from Win8. Does device manager show any issues with your hard drive from either boot?

I suggest that you don't do anything until one of the real experts here gives the OK. If you decide to take a risk, be sure your data files are well backed up.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15966-accessing-win7-use-data-files-win8-install-hd.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have 2 computers in different offices both with broadband. A program on computer a needs to access a datafile in realtime(accounting data). How can I set this up to be fast so it doesn't act like it accessing data remotely?

I have tried Ibackupdrive( a virtual internet drive) and Hamachi but both seem too slow, 2-5 seconds latency. Using Gotomypc or Logmein, I can access the data in less than a second.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:local application accessing remote data file

Buy a really fast link. There is a lot of difference between a remote console view of the computer and actually accessing the DB remotely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-application-accessing-remote-data-file.673077/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was given very helpful customer service by the dynex representative. I fixed the problem of the harddrive randomly disconnecting.

There are numerous errors relating to permissions as well as the files just not showing. When I first bought to enclosure everything worked perfectly fine.

Then the files stop loading and cut off randomly. They did not load on other computers either. I bought a duplicate and similar enclosure.

The errors arrise from editing the permissions. Before take ownership worked and not it says that the file can not be found yet the harddrive says the data is there.

A:External Harddrive not accessing data. Numerous errors.

Basically I am unable to set a new owner.
The drive says my files are there hundreds of GB were taken up. Yet when I highlight all the folders it says only 2gb is there. I do not have permissions for some of the folders and when I try to change ownerships or permissions it says file not found.
I tried using admin command prompt to get the files listed and takeown could not find G: yet I can enter the drive itself.
Everything worked perfectly a while ago and I just did not really need to access the drive at the time.

Some folders I can enter but no files are present. I think only a couple of folders have actual files.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71950-external-harddrive-not-accessing-data-numerous-errors.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've tried goggling this a bit and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to setup a sheet that can run calculations based upon what someone else enters (ex: if they select 'option1', preferably from a drop down list, then two values will be set to the corresponding values, ex: '5' and '6' or whatever they may be). This would preferably actually be within a formula, so say if they have selected an option, it will perform the calculation with the appropriate data, without having to display it on the current sheet.

I was also trying to keep all the data on another sheet so the one I was actually using looked a bit more organized. I've never had to do anything like this in excel before and was looking for some help or a push in the right direction.

A:Excel 2010 - Accessing data based on conditions from other sheets

I have found the 'CHOOSE' function very useful.
Very difficult to explain, but here is Microsoft Office attempt... CHOOSE function - Excel - Microsoft Office

My scenario was to have a cell in which you would select Quarter 1, 2, 3 or 4. The values in the Profit & Loss Account would change accordingly. Here are examples of my scenario (the cells highlighted in the spreadsheet on the right refer to another sheet - CY Actual - in the workbook).

I hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/131211-excel-2010-accessing-data-based-conditions-other-sheets.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am new to posting on the site and I have searched for this issue but come up blank Here is my problem I am attempting to recover data to Accessing hard drive data recover on a secure failing folders from Accessing secure folders to recover data on a failing hard drive a hard drive that is failing - no partition found I have been able to scan and mount the partition NTFS and I have recovered the public folders the issue is with the other two user folders I see they are write protected I am unable to remove the write protection or grant my self even read access to the folders I have mounted them as I said and made an image of the partition which is what I am working on but of course the two folders are not copying to the image as I do not have permission to access them The Drive is an Gig partitioned and formatted NTFS with Windows XP I have tried a rescue CD in the system with no luck and now I have the drive in a an external dock on a different system running Win I am using my Admin Acct This seems to be an issue like the Ransome ware infections where users lose access to their data any suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated Mike Ears Hopin P

A:Accessing secure folders to recover data on a failing hard drive

You sure it's not just a permission issue? Try How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP.  7 is pretty much the same. Just takes a lot more clicks.

Oh, and in the future, backup your data to a second physical disk or the cloud. This will avoid the inevitable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503184/accessing-secure-folders-to-recover-data-on-a-failing-hard-drive/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all I'm running on a relatively new install of On Accessing Accessing New HD Internet BSOD / Startup / Windows bit Ultimate I recently about - weeks ago installed BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet a new HD and decided to have a fresh start so everything was formatted followed by win install Everything has been running great up until mid day yesterday Out of what seems like nowhere I experienced or BSOD's yesterday and from what I could tell they occurred when I tried to do any of the following Access drive D and play a video BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet file This is the new HD it would instantly BSOD Access internet within minute of startup Since yesterday I haven't had any BSOD's and have had the computer running I haven't tried to play any videos off of HD and haven't reset my computer since hoping that whatever it was has gone away although I'm sure it hasn't For the record I have accessed some music files on drive D without any issue as well as several word and excel documents not sure if that makes any difference I have a feeling it may have something to do with my new HD that I installed but have no idea what it could be as it was running without issue up until yesterday for at least if not weeks My system specs are as follows OS Windows bit Ultimate Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group Model A G M Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX other info -all drivers should be up to date to the best of my knowledge - i've looked around and have seen a lot of recommendations to run memtest I have yet to do so I've enclosed a system health report and minidump file as outlined on forum requirements Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide that would be of help Thank you in advance

A:BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet

two issues

1-Related to BIOS64.sys I/O Interface driver file from BIOSTAR Group. YOURS from 2003

2-Related to Rt64win7.sys 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.20 64-bit Driver from Realtek Corporation

Re-install newest version available for both the above.

AVG can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214651-bsod-startup-accessing-new-hd-accessing-internet.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I ve been struggling with getting a simple InfoPath form to work with a test MS Access database I feel the best way to explain what I am doing is by giving you an example Background of scenario Lets say I am a distributor of gas cylinders I have different gas cylinders that I fill and send to customers When they are done with the gas they return the cylinders and I fill them back up Each cylinder has specific data related to each manufacturer serial specific cylinder ID and material of construction carbon steel stainless steel etc I have this data in my MS Access database in an individual table called quot CYLINDER DATA quot Every time I refill a cylinder I need to record the from another table, (same - table data 2007 one Retrieve data submit to InfoPath data date and measure the pressure and temperature among other things of the gas InfoPath 2007 - Retrieve data from one table, submit data to another table (same data in the cylinder This data along with the specific quot CYLINDER DATA quot at this date of measurement must be added as a new record in a different table called quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot in the same database What I would like to do So I want to create an InfoPath form for operators to use whenever they need to perform measurements on a newly filled cylinder So I created an InfoPath form that starts with a drop-down list box control that is populated with the different cylinder IDs A user would choose one of the quot cylinder IDs quot from the drop down list and then click quot retrieve data quot This would then populate the fields directly below manufacturer serial material of construction etc from the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table Below this section would be a section to quot fill in quot measurements to the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table It would have blank fields for quot pressure quot quot temperature quot quot date quot and other measurement fields Once filled in the operator would hit quot submit quot and a new record in the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table would be created This new record would included the everything populated on the InfoPath form the cylinder specific data AND the measurements on the given date What I ve tried doing I have my database set up in the two tables outlined above I created an InfoPath form with the quot CYLINDER DATA quot as the Main Connection I am easily able to retrieve cylinder specific data from the CYLINDER DATA table into my form by use of the queryfields and datafields However I cannot seem to get the quot submit quot to go to the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table The form seems to only want to submit to the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table I also tried making the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table the Main Connection so I could submit to it But then it seems that I cannot create a database query to quot retrieve quot data from the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table Where to go from here I am looking to get any insight from you to see how I can configure this appropriately to get what I need I also do not want the user to be able to change the data in the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table so I would likely have those fields quot read-only quot Any information support is appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infopath-2007-retrieve-data-from-one-table-submit-data-to-another-table-same-data.987389/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there I don t have enough experience in VBA excel or word and would you mind helping for the following Q The below macro code add row below the last row And Would Data to sheet as Form Excel data doc as Import Entry database from word you mind telling me what is the Import data from word doc as Data Entry Form to Excel sheet as database code that can add row for word document table between the last row and the row before the last ActiveDocument Tables Rows Add Q My second question is related to export import between two different programs or files Excel and word document Would you mind providing me the proper code for Wordtable copy Workbook xls - sheet past speical value Suppose the word tables excel workbookD sheet are as follow Table in word document -------------------- Cell - Cell Cell - Cell -------------------- Table in Word document ------------------------------------ Cell - Cell - Cell Cell - Cell - Cell ------------------------------------ WorkbookD xls Sheet Rows Column A B C D wt Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell How I write a macro to make the value or text in Cell in word table to be copied and past in Cell A in sheet of WorkbookD xls and the value or text of the range from Cell to Cell of table or word doc to be copied and past in sheet of WorkbookD xls from range B for n rows in table and table of word doc Thanks Hamdy quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-data-from-word-doc-as-data-entry-form-to-excel-sheet-as-database.886270/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an android phone with data and an app called pdanet+. However, my phone isn't compatible with the wifi hotspot feature of the app. Therefore, I decided to use the Bluetooth internet feature of planet+, but it won't show up on my iPhone. Does anyone know what jailbreak tweak I can get to be able to make the connection between the phones?

A:How do I Bluetooth tether an android with data (using pdanet+) to an iPhone 4 w/o data (jail broken)

BTW, I've already tried ibluever from Cydia but it shuts down my wifi connection; the app needs wifi to activate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-bluetooth-tether-an-android-with-data-using-pdanet-to-an-iphone-4-w-o-data-jail-broken.215114/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I have two problems I have a lot of scanning data all date and time stamped All the scans show different status of shipped packages all shipments have unique ID but there are multiple scans data export from macro to second Solved: excel ACCESS: and Show latest data on route for all Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro of them to track the packages I want to find all the packages for which there was quot misdirected quot scan then for all of them show the scan before So the end result would be all the scans that show for each package where it was misdirected the terminal of the scan before the misdirect scan I want to automate this run queries every two hours between am and pm copy and paste all results into Excel to specified areas e g first query results to A second to A third to A etc or onto different tabs save as csv to a specific folder then send it as attachment to a given e-mail address Even partial solution can be good I only know macros somewhat not as much VBA so I tried that with the TransferSpreadsheet command but can t get it work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-show-second-latest-data-and-export-data-to-excel-from-macro.942280/
Relevancy 33.54%

HELP PLEASE !!!!

I have attached a sample excel document
Basically each morning I receive a .txt file and I export it to excel.
I have a macro which deletes blank rows and therefore tidies the file up somewhat as the size is humungous!
There will be approximately 1000 brach i.d.'s on a daily basis within my file, but I have provided a few in the sample excel doc.
Within my attachment I have highlighted a specific branch and the information that comes with it. I only need part of the information (therefore many rows can be deleted within each branch i.d.

Please review the attached sample and keep in mind the following:

1. I need to keep the branch i.d. at the top of each section
2. I really only require the information that relates to "outstanding" and the few subsequent rows beneath

Can someone please assist??? I would be very appreciative

A:Need Help with wriitng Macro/code to rid unwanted data and retain specific data

I think this macro will work for you, though with dates involved, you never know.

BTW, I suggest that next time, Excel related threads should be started in the Business Applications section. You get help there sooner. Maybe better help as well.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-wriitng-macro-code-to-rid-unwanted-data-and-retain-specific-data.710324/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all,
Can someone help me with this issue in the Crystal Report

I am using Crystal Report 2011 and Oracle database.
My query is to output some columns in 2 different table(A,B).
After run query, there is 126,978 rows in the result.
In table A, there are 36 different types. The result shows same
in the Oracle Sql Development and Crystal Report (126,978 rows).
it also shows 36 different types in the details section. But when I right click
on that column, there is 23 different types and missing other 13 types.
I tried many ways but without successful (still missing).
Is there any problem with the software? Data missing hence I cannot create correct
dynamic parameter. If it does not show all 36 different type, then my query possibly
wrong, but it can show in the details section, then browse data option should show all 36 types right?
Do you have any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crystal-report-missing-data-in-the-browse-data-under-database-fields.1111833/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am an absolute begineer in MS Access Will try to put my question as simply n clearly as possible I have designed a database to keep history of our company s projects The Master Project History Table contains fields including Project Ref Project Title Project Budget and Project Year The users are expected to populate the table through Master Project HistoryForm The key field is set as Project Ref Some of the projects are combined with each other and to display this info Master Project History Form also has the fields Project Ref- Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- I am loking for a code for the On Update event that will fetch and display data in Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- fields when Project Ref- is updated Please note that all this info is coming from the same Master Project History Table My IT guys told me to use a code with variable for each field that goes something like this to update Project Title- field Dim varX As Variant varX DLookup quot Project Title quot quot Master Project History Table quot quot Project Ref quot amp Forms Master Project History Form Project Ref- Me Project Title- varX And then repeat for each other field by defining new variables The above is not working giving syntex errors etc Will appreciate help from fellow members nbsp

A:MS Access: Updating Data In One Field Should Update Data In All Relevant Fields

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-updating-data-in-one-field-should-update-data-in-all-relevant-fields.802904/
Relevancy 33.54%

Excel 2003 SP3
Could anybody suggest a way, using whatever method you prefer to copy existing data to another tab, but have the data go transparent by 50%(or thereabouts, so you can just see it), but keep the headings normal font.
Thanks

A:Solved: Excel 2003 help to copy data to new tab and make data transparent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-help-to-copy-data-to-new-tab-and-make-data-transparent.807436/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hiya

The Microsoft Data Analyzer design and create data cubes article sample files provides sample source data for creating data cubes from text files. Use this file in conjunction with the article Design and Create Data Cubes from Text Files.

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/daCubePrinciples.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/downloa...seID=43350&area=search&ordinal=12&redirect=no

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-analyzer-3-5-design-and-create-data-cubes-sample-files.97614/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

I have a number of devices connected to my virgin router, via wireless and lan.

I was wondering if their was software that exists, that allows you to monitor the speed, traffic, and what kind of bandwidth each device is getting from the router, speed etc too .

Many thanks,

Stuart

A:software to monitor devies on network, data speeds, data usage ?

Since no one has replied. Here`s a google of programs.

Google

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285074-software-monitor-devies-network-data-speeds-data-usage.html
Relevancy 33.54%

When i export my inventory from my DB into an excel file my trailer brands are listed as they are in my DB of course But when i bulk upload them with XML feed to trailer inventory sites HTW com amp HTT com for our example here My inventory is listed on their site but it s not searchable because the brand search is a Replace with similar - sample data required Solved: Formula? Excel my data or -Macro drop down Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample menu on these sites Say i goto HTW com and do a search for Blue Ribbon trailers none of my blue ribbon trailers show up because all of Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample mine are listed as BLUE RIBBON TRAILERS LTD and the site is searching for Blue Ribbon and although they are the same trailer brand HTW com does not see them What i m looking for is maybe a Macro or even formula that once i tell it what site i m working on will go through my list and replace all my spellings with the proper ones for that site Attached is an XLS file with columns the first is my list as is from my DB the other columns are the proper spelling for each corresponding site Excel s find and replace feature is a VERY crude fix to this but since it s so time consuming it s NOT a viable solution Any takers Slurpee Zack Anyone nbsp

A:Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample

for the record, a complete solution would be GREAT, but not necessary...
I just need someone to point me in the right direction and maybe a small working sample of like 5 brands and i'll expand the list from there...

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-or-formula-replace-my-data-with-similar-required-data-sample.974275/
Relevancy 33.54%

This is sort of a follow-up to here Manycam does not broadcast sound how do I fix this Since it is locked and this issue is different am making a new thread Basically most cam sites have you configure cam feed and microphone feed differently Even if you have a camera with a built-in microphone this is sensed as inputs into the computer and you select them separately In addition to being able to alter and do tricks with my web camera input ManyCam is also able to use video files as if there ManyCam data a broadcasted? to microphone Is video up data with way hook being they were a web cam feed This allows for example me to play a Is there a way to hook up microphone data with video data being ManyCam broadcasted? previously recorded video of myself or a clip from a cartoon I like and broadcast it to someone I'm talking to like say TinyChat or Stickam While this happens I can hear the sound from the file I am playing because it plays concurrently in ManyCam even as ManyCam's content is sensed and broadcast through a web page or instant messenger Basically I would like to broadcast the sound too through a microphone feed but I don't know how to do that through software alone So what I've been doing is putting a microphone next to my speakers and having it record the broadcasted music Clearly this reduces quality and it necessitates both playing audio out loud not an option if I want to be quiet and use ear phones and also risks recording myself when I only want people to hear the audio from the file So what I'm wondering is is there a way for ManyCam to do this It's clearly able to play the sound but it seems to be solely for my benefit and I can't figure out how to export a microphone-type feed for the computer to sense as an input option for webcam chat rooms If MC can't do this I'm wondering if anyone knows any other kind of free software that does Broadcasting audiovisual files as if they were cam and microphone and having the computer sense it that way as MC does with the video portion of the file already is something I think would be cool to do

A:Is there a way to hook up microphone data with video data being ManyCam broadcasted?

Manycam not broadcast sound and you can't fix it , they not support sound , but i can give you solution i found program name SplitCam this software have same functions like manycam and little more . and its support sound split and mix and stream. i recommend it .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-there-a-way-to-hook-up-microphone-data-with-video-data-being-manycam-broadcasted-604295.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a spreadsheet that contains formulas. I want a macro that will copy the data only in that cell with the formula and paste only the data in another cell.

I have been scratching my head for a little bit on this one.

Thanks

A:Excel - copying data and pasting data in a formula cell

If I understand correctly, you can actually avoid using copy altogether.

Let's say you have the value 50 in A1 and the formula =A1*2 in A2. The following macro would copy A2 to D2:

Sub Macro1()
Selection.Copy
Range("D2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

but because the formula uses relative references, the resultant formula (in D2) would be =D1*2.

So what you could do instead -- using a single command only -- is:

Range("D2").Value = Range("A2").Value

HTH,
bomb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-copying-data-and-pasting-data-in-a-formula-cell.512540/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just got my computer up and running yesterday, but I've noticed this screen when I turn it on. It pops up before the OS loads. My computer is running just fine, but this is just kind of an annoyance to see. Is there any way to remove it? I've got a Gigabyte ga-ma790fxt-ud5p and running Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:How to remove the screen that shows "AMD Data Change... Update New Data To DMI!"?

This is a message from your motherboard, not windows 7.

Did you enter the BIOS (settup) and load the default settings? Or change any other settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272582/how-to-remove-the-screen-that-shows-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi/
Relevancy 33.54%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I need a spreadsheet that will match data in column A. Any time a specific work order number is entered/repeted in that column, and the numbers are entered under each shift, the totals will automatically subtract from the "orders to complete" . It will be a running total subtracting from the Orders to Complete column.wk order # Orders to Complete shift 1 shift 2 shift 3 shift 4 tot orders completed1234 200 10 10 20 30 70456 50 2 2 2 2 8987 500 10 0 0 0 10 1234 0 0 10 50 60987 20 20 20 20 80456 5 5 5 5 20

A:How to Match data, create formula&calculate if data matches

You didn't include any Column Letters or Row Numbers, so I am going to assume that your data looks like this:
A B C D E F
1 wk order # # of wk ordrs shift1 shift2 shift3 tot ordr cmplt
2 1234 200 10 10 20 40
3 456 100 2 2 2 6
4 987 550 20 50 41 111
5 456 20 10 40 70
6 987 10 10 10 30
7 1234 20 5 40 65Based on that table, enter this formula in G2 and drag it down:=B2-SUMIF($A$2:$A$7,A2,$F$2:$F$7)which should give you this:
A B C D E F G
1 wk order # # of wk ordrs shift1 shift2 shift3 tot ordr cmplt orders rem
2 1234 200 10 10 20 40 95
3 456 100 2 2 2 6 24
4 987 550 20 50 41 111 409
5 456 20 10 40 70
6 987 10 10 10 30
7 1234 20 5 40 65Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-match-data-create-formulacalculate-if-data-matches/19857.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Basically I have a situation where users are creating data tables in Microsoft Word using the creating table functionality, and are then resquesting that the data will be imported into a single Microsoft Database field.

Please could someone show me the best way of doing this!!!!!!

Cheers !!!

A:Importing Table Data Into Multiple Access Field Data?

Do you mean they're creating, say, a 3-row by 3-column table and then they want to import everything in that one table into a single field? a single record?

Out of curiosity, what happens if you copy and paste, perhaps with an intermediate step through Excel?

Also, is there a reason why your users cannot work directly in Access?

More details, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-table-data-into-multiple-access-field-data.105573/
Relevancy 33.54%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 33.54%

Howdy.

PROBLEM
I have user & desktop folders on two partitions (i.e. two separate sets of each). I want to change the default desktop and also the default partition selected when I save a file.

BACKGROUND
My ACER came with the disk divided into C: and D:, labeled as Acer and Data, respectively. All my programs and boot are in C; I want all my data in D: I want the desktop that appears when I boot up to default to the desktop in D and for the computer to default to D when I save files. (Currently the computer defaults to the desktop and save path in C.) I want the boot, OS, and apps to remain in C (unless someone advises differently). Disk Manager gives the following info:

C:Simple, basic, NTFS, healthy (system, boot, page file, active, crash dump, primary partition)
D: Simple, basic NTFS, healthy (primary partition)

SYSTEM
Vista Basic Home, 32-bit.

Thank you!

A:How make data partition default for desktop and filing data?

richc46 has just replied:

I think that this should help you saving to a default location
User Folders - Change Default Location - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18629-user-folders-change-default-location.html)
Works equally well with Vista

Thank you, RichC46.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284808-how-make-data-partition-default-desktop-filing-data.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an external data range importing data (Access DB via file DSN) into an Excel spreadsheet.
My problem is date/currency fields in Access do not format properly after refreshing. Most of the time the fields default to a general.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 33.54%

University of Illinois engineers developed fiber-optic technology that can transmit data at a blazing-fast 57 gigabits per second, without errors

Feng?s group has been pushing VCSEL technology to higher speeds in recent years, and in 2014 was the first group in the U.S. to achieve error-free data transmission at 40 gigabits per second (denoted as Gbps). Now, in a series of conference papers, they report 57 Gbps error-free data transmission at room temperature, as well as 50 Gbps speeds at higher temperatures up to 85 degrees Celsius (185 degrees Fahrenheit).

Achieving high speeds at high temperatures is very difficult, Feng said, due to the nature of the materials used, which prefer lower temperatures. However, computing components grow warm over extended operation, as anyone who has worked on an increasingly heated laptop can attest.

https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/341965

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45167-record-speed-data-transmission-could-make-big-data-more-accessible.html
Relevancy 33.54%

In preparations for upgrading from Win to Win I want to make sure I don't lose any essential program data Most of my data files word processing graphics etc are not located on the C-drive where my OS is located so they aren't the issue However as I recall the last time I had to install an OS long time ago there were other files that were saved automatically by various programs that were located in the Windows folder or elsewhere on the C-drive that were generated by the etc.) C-Drive (app up fonts, Win10 - data, for backing Data Prep programs - profiles saves etc - including Application Data and other stuff needed by the programs and things like font files Some of them are pretty easy to locate and backup font files custom sounds etc but I'm always uncertain about whether or not I have all I need Is there some way to backup all of those kinds of files without simply backing up the whole C-drive including Windows then if I need them later going looking for them My computer is home built and the primary drive C-drive is a GM SSD Windows and a few of the programs I use a lot are located there for speed Other programs are located in a partition on a much larger traditional HD with data files on another partition of that drive Backup Prep for Win10 - backing up C-Drive Data (app data, fonts, etc.) will be to a TB drive on a server on my LAN Thanks Optiker

A:Prep for Win10 - backing up C-Drive Data (app data, fonts, etc.)

I still think it be easier to use Reflect that you can find in my sig as you can mount that image and find what you need after. Of course this is still an image of the the ssd. you could choose to take only the partition with windows on it though, if you do the whole drive you can come back from an upgrade snafoo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377185-prep-win10-backing-up-c-drive-data-app-data-fonts-etc.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok running windows xp home on a peer to peer network Have done avast antivirus and ad won't & Application open Blah! Data Outlook Folder Gone Data aware scans Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open Friday my computer locked up dang farmville I got impatient and did a hard reboot holding the power button down Quickbooks also was open When it rebooted it did the blue screen Stack rebuild thing Now MS Outlook can t open the data files and Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open the quickbooks data file also appears to have been corrupted An interesting thing - we have the carbonite internet backup service Unfortunately it seems to overwrite and not make any kind of incremental backups so once it s backed up that s the file you can restore I was hoping to try to find a file that had been backed up in the morning instead of right around the time I had the problem Anyway when I browse to look at the user documents and settings folder on the BACKUP it Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open shows the application data and local settings folders as normal On the computer those folders are now MISSING I uploaded a screen shot on our website http www domesticunity com tempfiles html sadly too big to attach Any idea of a simple way to fix this I looked online and Microsoft Outlook stores the data in personal pst - that file also appears to be missing Thanks nbsp

A:Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open

Got it figured out.

Was able to restore a recent backup from the Carbonite service of my quickbooks file and only had to redo one day of entries.

Then did some more looking at Outlook threads on the net and first found out how to unhide hidden folders - the Application Data and Local Settings folders were hidden. Then found a thread about a scanpst.exe utility that repairs outlook data files.

Now it seems I'm back up and running!

Thanks for trying to help! Even tho no one had magic answers yet, I can see people cared and looked at my problems.

We are NOT alone! LOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blah-application-data-folder-gone-outlook-data-wont-open.994273/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hiya gang I need to know where I went wrong and for someone to point me in the right direction for a plausible solution Here is my task at hand Our database crashed and we lost data I don t want to loose the data we have already inputted since the crash however there is missing data I loaded up the last best known back up of our database to recover Data Update From Query a Solved: Field Compare Data the lost data So far so good I have done the following below Exported field from one db be mdb file Imported field to new db Solved: Update Data From a Compare Data Field Query be mdb file Run Query to compare data and fill any missing fields with corresponding data In essence I am attempting to replace data from a compare data field query in access Listed below are the web links I used to create the process above Export a database object to another Access database http office microsoft com en-us a t-to-another-access-database-HA aspx Compare two tables and find records w o matches http office microsoft com en-us a find-records-without-matches-HA aspx Update data from one table to another http office microsoft com en-us access-help update-data-by-using-a-query-HA aspx Here is my code UPDATE tblFILES-Feb LEFT JOIN tblFILES ON tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO tblFILES PATTMNO SET tblFILES PATTMNO tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO WHERE tblFILES PATTMNO Is Null When I run the update query I receive the error below Mircrosoft Office Access didn t update field s due to type conversion failure record s due to key violations record s due to key violations record s due to lock violations and record s due to validation rule violations Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

I am a beginner with tablets and networking. This should be an easy answer.

I have a new tablet. TCL 9020A Android ver 5.0. This is thru At&t network LTE cellular data. My question is, can I use wifi to save on data usage? I have this tablet and Galaxy S5 that both have mobile hotspots available.

Do hotspots use more data? Is there an app available to reduce data usage while on the internet?
Is there any way to get cheaper wifi than paying for tons of data use?

I downloaded the TSG sysinfo utility but my at&t Trek HD would not let me open it. Please advise.

I love this site. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

A:new tablet on data plan want to use free wifi save data

Yes, if you use your own WiFi network or free WiFi hotspots, you won't be using your cellular data. You can connect to those in your wireless network settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-tablet-on-data-plan-want-to-use-free-wifi-save-data.1152577/
Relevancy 33.54%

I want to back up my desktop Dell Win XP hard drive personal data to a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB external drive. I would like to know, When I backup data this time, will it overwrite the data from a previous file backup? Will it "append"(?) or add to(?) the first data backup or will I loose that data?

In other words, does the Seagate FreeAgent Backup overwrite the current data with the new data?

I tried many searches without results. (as well as different ways of asking the same question )
Thanks for your time.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X300 Series, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152578 MB, Free - 86032 MB; G: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 243478 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U7077
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Does Seagate FreeAgent 250gb overwrite the current data with the new data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-seagate-freeagent-250gb-overwrite-the-current-data-with-the-new-data.1082016/
Relevancy 33.11%

A friend of mine had his laptop crashed, and the data on his hard drive was transferred to an external hard disk. He told me that he had some missing files before the machine crashed that he wanted to retrieve (i.e. deleted or erased by format). Is there a way to retrieve such files? If in the original hard disk, I know that there are some solutions for retrieving deleted files for instance. But, once transferred, can this also be done? Are they hidden somewhere on the external hard disk?

Thanks.

A:Retrieving data after machine crashes and data is transferred

If the files were deleted on the original then they would not have been transferred to the external drive. You can only retrieve deleted files from the original drive. You would need to get the laptop's hard drive and do a data recovery on it. There's tons of free software for that. However if the laptop's hard drive was reformatted then the chances of getting the data back are very slim to none.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retrieving-data-after-machine-crashes-and-data-is-transferred.1122048/
Relevancy 33.11%

I built a form called PO Log that contains input text boxes that the user can enter the different iputs that will add an existing row to the worksheet called PO log I have the add function working perfectly But I want to add a function to the form that if the record data already add Excel form or that updates data new current VBA: data exist using the PO number as an identifier to udate the existing record data rather than adding a completely new row of record data Here is the code I have below for the adding function Code Private Sub cmdAdd Click Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws Worksheets quot PO log quot 'find first empty row in VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data database iRow ws Cells Rows Count End xlUp Offset Row VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data 'check for a part number If Trim Me txtVendor Value quot quot Then Me txtVendor SetFocus MsgBox quot Please enter a Order Info quot Exit Sub End If 'copy the data to the database ws Cells iRow Value Me txtVendor Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtPONumber VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtPurReqDate Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtRFQSent Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtSentToVen Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtDateOfPo Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtOrderConf Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtAmt Value 'clear the data Me txtVendor Value quot quot Me txtPONumber Value quot quot Me txtPurReqDate Value quot quot Me txtRFQSent Value quot quot Me txtSentToVen Value quot quot Me txtDateOfPo Value quot quot Me txtOrderConf Value quot quot Me txtAmt Value quot quot Me txtVendor SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cmdClose Click Unload Me End Sub nbsp

A:VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-excel-form-that-updates-current-data-or-add-new-data.911783/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys I have a slight problem after my first data scraping session Basically I have around k of lines and around k quot www domain com username quot urls that are in this text file However the only part I need is the url and everything else is redundant The URL is dynamic so it s different username everytime as well as on a random line rather then continuous every lines or so Is there a software out there or maybe a notepad sublime algorythim that takes out all the data or simply extracts the data I want Here is what it looks like Code http www youtube com watch v RiVKDn kyfo Landon Austin - Armor - Official Music Video Download on iTunes - lt a href quot http goo gl aaIY E quot target quot blank quot title quot http goo gl except URL Removing data scraping help) from file text (data specified aaIY Removing data from text file except specified URL (data scraping help) E quot rel quot nofollow quot dir quot ltr quot class quot yt-uix-redirect-link quot gt http goo gl aaIY E lt a gt Download on Amazon http www youtube com watch v z KJ I j s Download on iTunes For more information smtown hompage lt a href quot http www smtown com quot target quot blank quot title quot http www smtown com quot rel quot nofollow Removing data from text file except specified URL (data scraping help) quot dir quot ltr quot class quot yt-uix-redirect-link quot gt http www smtown com lt a gt smtown EXO-K http www youtube com watch v oJrdLhXlE Watch the official music video by Kerbera for their hit single amp quot Counterpoints For more information on Kerbera check them out on http www youtube com watch v B hGd EfSwM Just a little video I put together cuz I was bored as hell Trying to brush up my skills Video is scenes from the movie and music http www youtube com watch v qOaqiCBum w it All Honest Final Exam Version Music Video Like the video Facebook lt a href quot https www domain com Leendadproductions quot target quot blank quot title quot https www domain com Leendadproductions quot rel quot nofollow quot dir quot ltr quot class quot yt-uix-redirect-link quot gt https www domain com Leendadproductions lt a gt http www youtube com watch v AT WU- Py I Music video for the song amp quot Pink Print amp quot by Antillectual taken from the Removing data from text file except specified URL (data scraping help) album amp quot Perspectives amp Objectives amp quot Order the album at http www youtube com watch v tmDMiUDm rY From amp quot International amp quot available June th on Sacred Bones Records Directed by Cali Thornhill Dewitt Shot and Edited by I am using a Youtube scraper to get description from specific videos music covers and the descriptions have urls that I require for instance let say Soundcloud Now the Scrapper pulls in the WHOLE description however all I need is the Soundcloud link nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-data-from-text-file-except-specified-url-data-scraping-help.201716/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have done this a hundred times or more, What am I doing wrong. I was showing a friend how to burn some data onto a cd. she had a word document and followed my directions and it got burned on fine. I told her how if she wanted to add some info or deleted something from it she could just pull it up and make the changes and then click the red X in the right hand corner and would ask her if she wanted to save the changes I told her to click yes and it would save them and that was that. However, it keeps coming back that it cannot save the changes cause it is read only. If you right click on it > properties> it says read only and won't let you change it, I always use to change the data I burnt. What am I doing different? Please help

A:Solved: Windows XP SP1-Burning data to a cd, try to add some data and it says read only--hel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-sp1-burning-data-to-a-cd-try-to-add-some-data-and-it-says-read-only-hel.435223/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am trying to count data in columns in a workbook The main sheet looks to tabs in the workbook for populating data to the main sheet The cells in the tabs may or may not contain data based on situation I am using the ISBLANK formula IF ISBLANK Sanger I quot quot Sanger I to look for data in the tabs of the workbook I do not want the blank cells to place default data in the main sheet When I use COUNTA to count the cells populated with data on the main sheet I get incorrect results It counts everything the eliminating in Trying count data cols data blank to cells with real data and the cells that are quot empty quot When I use COUNTIF I Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data I quot gt quot quot quot trying to eliminate the cells that were populated with quot quot the results are not correct The sheet is times larger than the attached sample tracking results of a CoB Call Tree Due to the increasing size it is becoming more unmanageable trying to fix the Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data errors I need help with a formula to count the real entries in the columns eliminating the cells that have no information I have searched through this forum not finding Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data any good examples for a solution I am attaching a sample of the spreadsheet I have placed noted in some cells below the TOTALS line I am using Microsoft Office Professional Excel SP Operating system - Windows XP Professional SP nbsp

A:Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data

Just to start, in J28 of the "Entire..." sheet, change CountA to Count. But the data in Bellave's sheet is entered as 7:15pm, which is read as text - just needs a space to make it convert to 7:15 PM, and then the count in J28 becomes 3 (it was 2 prior to adding the space).
In K28 of the "Entire..." sheet, change the COUNTIF to COUNT also.
Finally, make the same change to COUNT in I28 of the "Entire..." sheet.
If you do this, you end up with totals of 13, 3 and 3 in the 3 cells you have highlighted in red. I think that is correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-count-data-in-cols-eliminating-blank-data.577060/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have an HP Windows Vista Computer and just bought the verizon jetpack: wireless internet that you can connect your devices to. My computer connects to the jetpack but not to the internet. I talked to a verizon tech guy and he said that data is going through from the jetpack to the computer but no data is being sent out. He said it could be a firewall or something that is preventing it but I don't know my way around computers enough to find what could be stopping it. Please help!

A:Desktop is connected to internet and data is coming in but no data is going through

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-is-connected-to-internet-and-data-is-coming-in-but-no-data-is-going-through.1064364/
Relevancy 33.11%

Windows Vista bit was HP Desktop m c but motherboard died so I purchased gigabyte GA- change boot 64 data to new data Vista won't AMD DMI Update OS GM-D H rev AMD G socket AM I updated my memory with PATRIOT gaming i gb DDR MHz - - - kit it is UNGANGED I had to change CPU to match it is AMD phenom II X T black edition GHz Everthing worked perfect from Nov until Dec then one morning after internet auto update I found DMI Pool Data AMD data change Update new data to DMI Boot from CD DVD Vista 64 OS won't boot AMD data change Update new data to DMI Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter I tried many things other have here on this forum my problem is that in Master is the original HARD DRIVE Slave CD DVD Master which is the second hard drive but BIOS sees Vista 64 OS won't boot AMD data change Update new data to DMI it as the same hard drive as Master It is a shadow copy of the rst HD and is same size I have turned each off independently in BIOS but no OS will boot Tried original recovery disk with system error not able to recover BECAUSE OF new motherboard HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-os-wont-boot-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi.1032378/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a table like this in my database.

CategoryID------ParentID-------CategorÖ
1---------------------Null-------------Sports
2---------------------1-----------------Cricket
3---------------------2-----------------T20
4---------------------2-----------------ODI
5---------------------1-----------------Tennis
6---------------------5-----------------Singles
Now i want to retrieve whole table data and display the data in the form of Tree View. I tried to represent the data using "Tree" Data Structure in Java. After that i tried to convert the data into JSON Object by using GSON library. I am not able to produce the Json Tree data. I am facing so many problems. Can anyone please explain me how to convert the Data available in that table to Json tree Data. If json data is ready i can use alloy ui tree javascript to display the tree view in my Jsp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-the-data-from-database-and-showing-data-using-tree-view.1073601/
Relevancy 33.11%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Good Day Everyone I am using Excel Mac As I hope the example below shows I am trying to data without data moving previous overwriting forward take data numbers from cells such as A G and then moving that row of data to another location lets say A G this process may occur to times a day and I don t want to overwrite the previous cells of data rather I want to move new data to the next row as in A G to A G to A G and so on Ultimately at the end of a day I could potentially view rows of data - to be analyzed without overwriting any of the previous rows of data If possible I do not want to work in VB if possible is there a way to work within the basic options of Excel itself I can move the data from A G to A G and to A G but I keep overwriting previous rows of data I have tried advancing the data from one cell A let s say to A by using A which does not work I moving data forward without overwriting previous data have tried moving data forward without overwriting previous data using if statements such that if if A lt gt A A and similar but I keep getting circular errors I have tried using if statements to reference cell A from as an example from A but that does not work I don t know how to tell excel that if there is data in a cell such as A then to place the data into the next cell - which would be A OR better yet how to tell excel that if there is data in A or A or A - then place that data into the NEXT cell Sorry to be so stupid but I m really new to anything related to programming but I am learning If anyone could help I would be appreciative Thanks everyone J please see below lt - Data input on these cells original data input here A G lt - copy data to another set of cells to view for another application A G lt - set I do not want to overwrite the numbers A G lt - set A G lt - set A G lt - Perhaps there could be lt - to sets and so on down the page lt - of numbers It s possible that there could be rows lines of data which I need to be able to view nbsp

A:moving data forward without overwriting previous data

This would not be possible without using vba.
The reason for this is that if you used a formula, the formula stays there rather than the value it shows, and as soon as the inputs to the formula change, so does its output value.
That is, as soon as you change A1, A11, A12, etc would all change to the same thing.

The VBA you'd need looks like this.

Code:

Rem First, we need to find an empty row. This variable will hold the index of the row we want to check next.
Dim rowCounter
Rem Start just before the first row we want to check. I'm starting with row 7, so I'm using 6 here.
rowCounter = 6
Rem From here to Loop will be repeated until we find what we're after.
Do
Rem try the next row
rowCounter = rowCounter + 1
Rem check whether the first cell in this row is empty.
Loop Until IsEmpty(Cells(rowCounter, 1))
Rem rowCounter now holds the index of the first empty row.

Rem copy the values from the first three cells of the first row to the third row.
Range("A1:G1").Copy Cells(rowCounter, 1)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-forward-without-overwriting-previous-data.1140601/
Relevancy 33.11%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a table that logs files out.

When the item comes back in I wish to record the date the file was returned.

How can I get it so the query (form) only brings up the one record to edit?

I've tried setting the parameter to ask for the IDCode (autonumber) but it does not bring any records up to edit?

I can get it so that I can edit everything from a certain date, or a department or a person but NOT where parameter [IdCode] is entered in the field "ServIdCode_fld"

Having been able to finally get bar codes to print properly I'm hoping that I can just scan the bar code in the appropriate record is brought up I can entered the date and go to the next file return.

Relevancy 32.25%

I have a 2d HD in my desktop so it is perfect for a data partition. However I am uncertain how to migrate all my current data files, especially Outlook info, (email, contacts, calendar, notes, journals) and folders, saved email, sent email...etc. I am uncertain
how to set Outlook to there after use the data partition instead of my
c: Drive. Any suggestions or help.

A:Migrating Data Files To A Data Disk

You do not want to use the Import/Export function for Outlook files. Read how here:http://office.microsoft.com/More reading here:http://www.slipstick.com/http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138904/migrating-data-files-to-a-data-disk/
Relevancy 32.25%

Windows Microsoft Data from VBA Old Data Code to New Differentiate Solved: Access VBA I have a routine I ve put together where I send out a bunch of records to the email address that s in one of the fields Solved: VBA Code to Differentiate New Data from Old Data in each record Some records don t have emails yet null field Solved: VBA Code to Differentiate New Data from Old Data so I made a form for a user to enter the email into that field These records are orders and when they come in I d like to immediately email the records that do have an email and then once the user enters the email addresses for the others send them out too As of now I can t figure out how to only send out the records with newly recorded email addresses Right now my script would send the records that had email addresses in the first place out twice once initially and then again Solved: VBA Code to Differentiate New Data from Old Data once the user enters in the null emails and clicks send What would be an approach to just having the records that haven t been sent yet get sent nbsp

A:Solved: VBA Code to Differentiate New Data from Old Data

Add a column to the table containing the order information and use a boolean value (True / False) to flag the record as having had an email sent already. You just change the logic in your script to send emails for only those records where the flag is set to False.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vba-code-to-differentiate-new-data-from-old-data.1059565/
Relevancy 32.25%

SO... is this possible. I don't have a spare HD so I'm going to try to partition my drive so I can install another OS on it. Can I do this without losing the data I already have?

A:Is it possible to partition a drive with data allready on it and keep the data?

Yes it is possible with many partioning software ie, partition magic personally i use a freeware version called partition logic. All you do is resize the current partition and create a second but dont forget to backup.

Evert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-partition-a-drive-with-data-allready-on-it-and-keep-the-data.674380/
Relevancy 32.25%

So I've been using my GB Data Data to Boot Drive Moving ssd as my windows boot drive and i have a TB hdd as my data drive Recently the my computer has begun to freeze up with errors like quot explorer exe quot has stopped responding or quot windows quot has stopped responding and half of the time when Moving Boot Data to Data Drive i try to boot it says it cant find windows This has lead me to believe that my ssd is dying despite being only a year old I need to Moving Boot Data to Data Drive RMA my ssd but to do that i would be losing my boot drive for weeks So I thought id try to create a system image so that i can simply put my boot drive on my hdd but when i try to create the image it says that the image would be GB because its including all of my hdd which contains all my user libraries and downloads My question is how do I make windows stop thinking that my hdd is a system drive so that I can create a reasonably sized image or more generally how can i easily move my boot drive to my hdd Also I've read some posts about using quot easyBCD quot to accomplish the latter but I'm not sure that's exactly what i need in this situation If someone can clarify that that would be great too Thanks

A:Moving Boot Data to Data Drive

Hello Astronomicat, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you post a screenshot of your Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) screen show the full layout of all HDDs? This may be able to help determine why it is including more than your 64GB Windows 7 SSD in the system image. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
Did you move your page file, user profile folder, or user folders to another HDD/partition location other than the default C: ? If so, then those locations would be included in a system image as well, and cannot be unselected until they are moved back to the default location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/247376-moving-boot-data-data-drive.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have tried creating a data access page several different ways, but am unable to add, edit, or delete my data. I can view it. I've even started from a new database with one table, but am still unable to edit or add data. I've checked the properties of which appear to be fine. Has anyone else had this trouble? I'm using Access 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-entry-via-data-access-pages.303704/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

Itís been many years since Iíve encountered virus/spyware problems but my computer finally caught something and Iím planning on reformatting (thatís what I get for not having any AV). Luckily, I still have access to all my data so can backup everything thatís important. However, itís gotten me thinking about the value of the data on my computer. Iíve got the last ten years of my life recorded and Iíd like to ensure that I donít loose that due to virus or hard drive failure.

Once I am done reformatting, Iím planning on keeping my data on a separate HD from my OS/software. The main reason for this is so that I can make an image of the OS/software HD but I was wondering if separating the data from the software will provide any significant protection to the data from viral corruption?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 32.25%

HI Iwould want to propose a backup solution for one my clients i e Veritus to be able to backup all their data on the network realtime or any other solution available in the market They recently had their data stolen Physical theft of drive s and their client contacts database compromised they suspect rival companies did it And i would like to integrate the solution Backup with will be installed on the network with an encription solution that can be able to encript the backup done and is taken off site and the existing data on the server s to ensure that even if the same happens again and the drives are physically stollen again the infromation on the drives is useless to the one who steal it if Encription On Backup Data Server Of Data And The they Data Backup And Encription Of Data On The Server cant decript it And the internal data is proteced from unauthorised access even from other users in the network So this is where data that has been backed up from the network is collected in the backup server and all this information can be collectively encriped and stored off shore and also the information existing the other servers SQL Exchange etc is protected and if the drives are stollen then they are still useless to the theives what do i go for and will it integrate with veritus or any other backup solution what is the price and the technical appplication of the solution and its feasibility kindly get in touch with me as soon as you can i have to do it in the morning tomorrow regards George Njoroge East African Data Handlers email protected www eadatahandlers com THE ONLY DATA RECOVERY CENTRE IN EASTERN CENTRAL AFRICA ps send me a mail soonest nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-backup-and-encription-of-data-on-the-server.447533/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have Windows Vista 64bit using a Pioneer Model BDR-2209 DVD burner, and I am using Optical Quantum 50GB 6X BD-R DL media. I have copied over 28gb of data files to burn to the dvd then selected burn files to disc, and it runs for a while and stops saying there is not enough free space on the disc. I know it has 46gb free on the dvd so why is this happening? I even tried to use an old copy of nero version 9 and It it starts to burn then gives me an error and stops. Can some please help me here, I would like to backup my 28gb's of data to a 50gb dvd.

Thanks

A:Issue with Burning data on a blue ray dvd (Data)

Your drive is designed for Blue-ray and Vista so there is no problem there.

The fact that the burner runs for a while then says there is not enough free space suggests that whatever burner you are using is trying to write a DVD (4.6GB) or a CD (7-800MB). Two possibilities here. One is that the burner is not capable of burning blue-rays or that it is not being set to blue-ray as the destination. I have Nero 9 myself but it is not available to me at the moment so I can't check if it can handle blue-rays or not.

Since your drive is compatible with Vista it is the burner you are using that I would look at.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572944/issue-with-burning-data-on-a-blue-ray-dvd-data/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi guys

Need some advice here.

I have Win 7 Ultimate x64 installed on a H77 board (assume it's UEFI compatible). The OS is on a partition residing on a 160GB raptor HDD that's MBR/NTFS formatted. I also have several other 2TB WD Greens also on MBR/NTFS.

I've recently gotten a Seagate 3TB Barracuda that I intend to use as a data disk.

My question is: Can a GPT data disk work in a sea of other MBR disks?
I don't want to have to reformat the rest of the data disks, or even the OS disk, to MBR if I can help it. With over 10TB of data, I don't have the temp storage to move the data to if I have to convert the rest along with it.

Thanks guys

A:Mixing a GPT data disk with MBR OS and other data disks

Hello DXM, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Yes, you will be able safely have and use a GPT data disk along with the other MBR disks without having to do anything else. You don't even need to use UEFI with a GPT data disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304084-mixing-gpt-data-disk-mbr-os-other-data-disks.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I've have an Aspire x1300 for many years. The only mods I've done to it is add a new graphics card, a MSI radeon R7 200. For the past couple months, every time I boot up "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI" appears on the boot up screen and doesn't do anything from there. The only way I can start my comp is to go into the bios menu and back out. I looked up many options and the only one that makes sense is to update the bios but there are no drivers available for my model on this site. Does anyone have to right bios update for me or a proper solution? please help.

A:AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI message a...

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/1180;-;Aspire%20X1300 click on BIOS tab, be aware that those updates are only for BIOS version Rxxxx one thing i would try is to change the CMOS battery, probably a low charge battery can have this kind of behaviour.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/AMD-Data-Change-Update-New-Data-to-DMI-message-appears-on-boot/td-p/382280
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi I have been using a Kingston gb data traveler to store work however as I was saving my word document to go home Word crashed and restarted itself it did not however bring up any autorecover options I therefore thought everything was ok and pulled out the USB When I tried to plug this in again it says USB device not recognized This device may have malfunctioned etc It then proceeds to install the USB as an unknown recovery? unrecognised Traveller USB - data Data device and appear like this in the device manager I desperately need to recover this data I was designing a Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? website and had pages of text on the USB stick What I ve Tried Plugging the USB in another machine This bought up exactly the same error Downloading a Data Doctor Recovery Pen Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? Drive tool This however did not recognise a USB as being in the system and thus did not work Is there anything I can do to rescue this data P s I use Vista -bit Business nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-traveller-usb-unrecognised-data-recovery.739439/
Relevancy 32.25%

hey

i need data off an old pc which was windows 98 word97
so i put it in my comp (xp. office suite 8) i want to access files from old harddrive but wheni click word it says data might be currupt? plz help

A:old harddrive. need data off it. put as slave. cant access data

iLLegaL89 said:

hey

i need data off an old pc which was windows 98 word97
so i put it in my comp (xp. office suite 8) i want to access files from old harddrive but wheni click word it says data might be currupt? plz helpClick to expand...

Well, generally all the office suits are backward compatible...so there's should not be any problem. Can you open that word file(s) on the old PC (World 97 as u mentioned?) If it is so, you might have some problem with this new PC office suit.
Try, making copy of the old files in old PC using save as or may be you can convert doc files (if you don't have some hi level formating) to rtf files. That can be opened in Wordpad comes with every Windows OS.
This might help, i guess..
- Nirav

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-harddrive-need-data-off-it-put-as-slave-cant-access-data.324284/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I am looking for copy data based on criteria into a new work sheet and format it at the same time My data is a database dump with thousands upon do data rows to dump new from How add I worksheet data of thousands of records and for my purposes I want to create a semi-refreshing excel dashboard that will show the data I want to extract Basically I am dumping How do I add rows of data to new worksheet from data dump the database to an excel tab but can also access the database so getting to the data is not the problem What I would like to do is get the data based on criteria and add it to an excel worksheet with a row being created based on the successful criteria of the data Basically my data looks like this DATA FILE TAB Data file sample http i stack imgur com HSL o jpgAnd this is what I want the data to end up looking like One thing to keep in mind is that I can't simply populate a worksheet as I need to be able to create new rows once good data has been filtered Formatted Worksheet Formatted Worksheet http i stack imgur com twXGS jpgThanks for your help in advance

A:How do I add rows of data to new worksheet from data dump

I'm not quite sure what kind of help you are asking for. Your subject line asks about "adding rows to a new worksheet" yet you posted an image [2] of data that is apparently sorted in some way and formatted with different font sizes and fill colors. In addition, the 2nd contains data that doesn't even appear in the original data set.What exactly are you asking for help with? Are you asking us to help create that 2nd, formatted sheet or are you asking for help with adding rows to that formatted sheet? I also don't understand this line:with a row being created based on the successful criteria of the data.What does "successful criteria of the data" mean?Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-do-i-add-rows-of-data-to-new-worksheet-from-data-dump/19931.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 32.25%

I m trying to load a table that I dumped from the original database I m moving my domain to a new host and need to populate the new database with the data from the old host I dumped it okay and saved the file When I try to upload it I get an error where the single quote is in the a field called comments phpmyadmin thinks it is the end of a field but it isn t So my question is how do I upload data to a table with single quotes embedded in quotes upload in Can't data single with data a field Before you tell me to change it there Can't upload data with single quotes in data are a ton of records so that would be a task An example of the insert statement is INSERT INTO calendar tbl rec id entry text VALUES Meeting at St John s Church It is thinking the single quote in John s is the end of the field I have a few databases where this is going to be the same problem and need to move them all Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Can't upload data with single quotes in data

bayridge said:

INSERT INTO calendar_tbl (rec_id,entry_text) VALUES('44','Meeting at St. John's Church');

Take a look at the following link if you are using mysql: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/String_syntax.html

I think it should be something like
INSERT INTO calendar_tbl (rec_id,entry_text) VALUES('44','Meeting at St. John\'s Church');

If that above insert command works and you want a quick and dirty solution, I suggest a few search and replaces. Search for (' and replace them with something like OPEN_QUOTE, search and replace ', with CLOSE_QUOTE, and search and replace '); with FINAL_QUOTE. Then replace ' with \'. Now to add the quotes back. Replace the OPEN_QUOTEs with (', CLOSE_QUOTE with ', and FINAL QUOTE with ');.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-upload-data-with-single-quotes-in-data.238796/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,
can someone please tell me how i can get a data bound text box onto my data reports? I can only insert RptLables and RpttextBoxes onto my report.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb6-data-bound-text-box-on-a-data-report.645230/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi I have Toshiba satellite L670D 102 with windows 7. there are 2 drives: windows (c) drive which seems fine and data (d) drive. data d drive has only 62 gb left (out of 232) but when I click non it, it only shows 4 small files for a total of a few megabytes. why doesn't it show up the rest?

Relevancy 32.25%

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, I bought a data sim using it on my nokia 5220 mobile.
The internet worked for the first week and it worked good, but then while connected after a while the internet will stop working and the same thing happens with my dial up 56kb land lind connection.
So i reinstalled windows the computer thinking that was the problem, it helped with the dial up connection stop working after a while. With my Nokia it is connected to the pc but no web browser is working or online game or messenger. Please i need help with this, thanks

A:Mobile data sim connected but no internet or data

I set the DNS ports manually and that fixed the problem. But not the internet is connected and sometimes it stop working and starts back after a while please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-data-sim-connected-but-no-internet-or-data.1005865/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all, i am requesting some technical assitance in solving this issue.

i have a hard disk that has been recently affected by [email protected] virus and all the .doc and xls files have been reduced to 1kb irispective of their initial sizes and when you open the files you get this error; DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]

I would like to recover the affected files to their original state, i have searched the internet over and no one seems to have the solution documented

currently i am trying to download QuickView Plus (Version 8), i have tried all aplications i can come across, including recover my files, winhex, get data back for ntfs, and r-studio.

i am honestly intrested in documenting the solution to this problem, and am intrested in suggestins on the best way to approach this

looking forward to your favourable reply.

regards

A:DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5] Data Recovery

You will most likely need to restore those files from a backup. But don't do anything until you've made sure the virus is gone. Don't want to reinfect the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-error-47-0f-94-93-f4-k5-data-recovery.504545/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, I'm using excel 2003 and I am wondering if there is a way to locate a piece of data that was recetly added, delete all the cells that include that data, and then shift the remaining cells up. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Relevancy 31.39%

hi im new hope u can help me

the problem is that when ever i connect to the internet the speed is fast at the beginning but after some time starts to degrade.
i have noticed that this only happens after the amount of data sent starts to overtake the amount of data recieved.
iv open task manager but the only program using processor time is task manager
plz help, i h8 slow internet.
This only started a few days ago before it was fine.

OS=Xp

A:sent data overtaking recieved data

woops forgot hjt, sorry

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:56:10 PM, on 8/13/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
D:\vista2\Vista Inspirat 2\UberIcon\UberIcon Manager.exe
D:\vista2\Vista Inspirat 2\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avginet.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\UMER\My Documents\software\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - C:\Program Files\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundService] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\tbyalssc.dll",setvm
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadAccelerator] "C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE" /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [UberIcon] "D:\vista2\Vista Inspirat 2\UberIcon\UberIcon Manager.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "D:\vista2\Vista Inspirat 2\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: RocketDock.lnk = D:\vista2\Vista Inspirat 2\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
O4 - Startup: UberIcon.lnk = D:\vista2\Vista Inspirat 2\UberIcon\UberIcon Manager.exe
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/sent-data-overtaking-recieved-data-174120.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Need help.. when I turn my pc on itll load windows then shuts down with a really quick flash of BSOD.

Then says "amd data change update new data to dmi"

Ive put the window 7 disc in and I just get the compatibility report screen! Help?

A:amd data change update new data to dmi

Now just getting black screen....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293376-amd-data-change-update-new-data-dmi.html