Windows Support Forum

Solved: ASUS P4S800 Motherboard - no sound

Q: Solved: ASUS P4S800 Motherboard - no sound

I have a PC clone with a ASUS P4S800 motherboard with integrated sound. I have tried to load drivers from the motherboard CD to download SoundMax. In system's hardware devices under Sound, Video and game controllers there is: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture devices, Media Control devices, SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio with a yellow exclamation mark and Standard game port and Video Codecs.

I have uninstalled the Soundmax three time and everytime I re-installed, I would get the yellow ! in a triangle and a warning saying it is corrupt.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks, Sparkknock

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: ASUS P4S800 Motherboard - no sound

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.91%

I have a PC clone with a ASUS P4S800 motherboard with integrated sound. I have tried to load drivers from the motherboard CD to download SoundMax. In system's hardware devices under Sound, Video and game controllers there is: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture devices, Media Control devices, SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio with a yellow exclamation mark and Standard game port and Video Codecs.

I have uninstalled the Soundmax three time and everytime I re-install I get the yellow ! in a triangle and a warning saying it is corupt.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks, Sparkknock

Relevancy 94.6%

Need to know the multiplier specifics when installing this cpu onto this motherboard.

Cpu Frequency
Memory and bus frequencies
Thnx.

Relevancy 94.6%

Just got an ASUS P S motherboard P4S800 Motherboard ASUS and was getting ready to install XP pro and it would not recognize my CDROM Drive or the DVD Drive They were both on the secondary IDE channel I ASUS P4S800 Motherboard hooked them up to the primary IDE and there they were Did a little research and found if I disconnected the USB cable to the ASUS P4S800 Motherboard front of my ASUS P4S800 Motherboard case the Secondary IDE worked just fine Well I have been trying to find out if there is some kind of fix for this problem I haven t found one yet I am really dissappointed as I have been told that ASUS was a good product I mainly have used Gigabyte in the past Well if any one has found a solution to this problem please let me know Oh yea I called ASUS technical support and after minutes they told me that they would have to call me back and it would be less than an hour Well that was hours ago and they have two phone numbers so I m not sure what the problem is suspiciou DUMPY nbsp

A:ASUS P4S800 Motherboard

Welcome to Techspot!
When you made the connection for the front USB on the MB did you try to reverse the + /- data connectors , I had this problem on an Abit .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800-motherboard.16544/
Relevancy 93.74%

I know it is really old but I am try to uogeade it to give it to my little brother and the budget do not worry about it

A:What is the max upgrade I can do on an Asus P4S800-MX motherboard?

P4-3.40 GHz (800 FSB, L2 cache:1MB, rev.G1)

ASUS P4S800-MX - CPU Support List

Here is a deal for only $20. - Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz 800MHz 512KB Socket 478 CPU

Personally, I wouldn't bother if a P4 is all that would go in the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-max-upgrade-i-can-do-on-an-asus-p4s800-mx-motherboard.187559/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have an ASUS P4S800-MX Motherboard. It was working fine, but i didnt turn it on in a while. When i did it booted fine but the next time i tried to boot it, only the fans would work. It didnt beep and it wont even turn off or reset. Please help.

A:Irregular Boot Issues with ASUS P4S800-MX Motherboard

First of all, try a different power supply if you have one.

If you don't have a spare you can test your current power supply by unplugging it from everything, then shorting the green wire to any of the blacks with a spare bit of wire.

If it fires up as normal, then try reconnecting just the motherboard, if there's no improvement, check the seating of your graphics card, ram, processor, and any other cards you may have.

If this doesn't help, let me know and i can suggest a few more things to try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irregular-boot-issues-with-asus-p4s800-mx-motherboard.48898/
Relevancy 80.84%

Right now I have a P4 2.8Ghz processor now. I have a ASUS P4S800 motherboard and the manual says-
Motherboard comes with surface mount 478-pin Zero Insertion Force socket. Socket designed for Intel P4 processor in the 478-pin package with 512/256KB L2 cache on 0.13 micron process. Processor supports 800/533/400 MHz front side bus, and allows data transfer rate of 6.4 GB/s, 4.2GB/s, and 3.2GB/s, respectively. Motherboard supports Hyper-Threading Technology.

I can't afford much bc I'm on disibility. All the help I can get. Thanks much.

Greg Kidder
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-faster-processor-for-asus-p4s800.1059288/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok here is the situation I have windows xp start-up 'logo' Solved: P4s800-dx ASUS hangs pro all updates with an ASUS p s deluxe mobo I have gb of ram and hard drives one is IDE the boot hard drive and the other is sata Whenever I turn on the computer it shows the main screen that says quot ASUS quot and it stays there for a minute and a half before going on to load windows I am wondering if there is a way to speed this up so that I do not have to wait almost minutes before it starts loading windows Also know that is the logo Screen that hangs not the part where the Solved: ASUS P4s800-dx start-up 'logo' hangs windows bar is loading Things I have tried that have not worked so far Uprgading BIOS Solved: ASUS P4s800-dx start-up 'logo' hangs to most recent Defraging the BIOS Disabling Temperature Monitoring within the BIOS Another issue that I have is if I press quot delete quot to change the BIOS on the screen it leads to another screen that hangs for about minutes before going into the BIOS The screen hangs at the part where it is checking for USB devices when entering the BIOS I don t believe USB devices are being checked when I turn on the computer normally In other words I don t think that this BIOS hang corresponds with the Logo hang nbsp

A:Solved: ASUS P4s800-dx start-up 'logo' hangs

bios disable the logo.
try that. had a problem like that before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-p4s800-dx-start-up-logo-hangs.661534/
Relevancy 75.25%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Solved: No motherboard channel/asus left on sound Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I built this computer recently and I just hooked up a speaker system to it and I am getting no sound out of the left side I hooked up different sound systems and got the same results on both sets of speakers I have ran the Windows audio test and the onboard Realtek HD Audio Manager audio test and no sound is coming out of the left channel All drivers are updated and I guess you could say I m stuck Any suggestions would be a big help Music Solved: No sound on left channel/asus motherboard sounds pretty bad coming out of only side Thanks for taking the time to help nbsp

A:Solved: No sound on left channel/asus motherboard

Front panel, back panel, or both? If both, I'd suspect a hardware fault. If the motherboard is new, contact the seller or manufacturer and get an RMA to have it replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-on-left-channel-asus-motherboard.1090559/
Relevancy 72.24%

If any one knows I just finally put this monster together and man am i loving it although I seem to be having some issues I have front panel headphone jack on Case and would like it to be functional unfortunetly not sure were the heck I hook it up at ... The board is a p4s800 by ASUS any help would be great thank you

Relevancy 71.38%

I have an Asus P4S800 motherboard with an Intel 3.0. Last night my computer just shut straight off like the CPU was too hot. I checked and that is what I was getting. It would go on and off, then power button wouldn't work and what not. Now, I start my computer and it says the system hung due to incorrect CPU speed though the speed is correct. The computer won't even make it to Windows now and I can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?

A:Asus P4S800 shut off

Hello and welcome to techspot, Kirmie!

Your computer is hot, you should get a better heatsink or did you plug the heatsink fan in?

Recheck or Reset the bios to "Fail-safe setting"

Lucan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800-shut-off.19617/
Relevancy 71.38%

my pc is randomly shutting down, and wen it starts up at the bios screen it says incorrect frequency.. system hang etc it wont let me change it to the frequency it says in the manual.. i've had 3 mother boards die in this darn pc... PLEASE HLP!!

A:ASUS P4S800 Nightmare!

Is it home-built or a commercial PC? If commercial, what make and model number?
Are you able to get into BIOS or not? Have you tried re-setting BIOS, either by using the jumper for this function or by removing the CMOS battery for about half an hour? (If you do remove the battery, don't damage the holder and ensure you replace the battery the right way up).
Did it ever work properly? If so, how long for? Were the motherboards identical or different makes and/or models?
Have you made a fresh installation of Windows XP for the current motherboard or are you trying to run a hard drive with an old installation of XP that was set up on a different motherboard from the one you have now?
With 3 dead motherboards, the most likely cause is a defective power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4s800-nightmare.690854/
Relevancy 71.38%

i have updated my desktop from XP to Win 7 & having hard time in installing drivers
the drivers pack i have is for XP only

is there anyway i can get drivers for Win 7

A:Drivers for ASUS P4S800-MX SE

Looking up your mobo, I see that there are no drivers available for it under windows 7 from Asus. You could try and look up each individual driver manufacturer and see if they have released a driver for windows 7. Example, your realtek audio manufacturer does have a driver that works for windows 7/8. You also might want to update your BIOS to the latest version, but I only see a beta version update for your mobo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/289328-drivers-asus-p4s800-mx-se.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'd like to know if there's an easy way to put speed into my Asus P4S800 2.8GHz MB. I am running Win XP Pro build 2600. Memory 2x 512 DDR PC3200. HDD 80Gigs.

What can be done to moderately speed up my computer, I was thinking of throwing in another 512 mb
Wogster.

Relevancy 70.52%

I just got an ASUS P4S800 (the second board of this type that I have tried) and the secondary IDE port wont work or something. When I plug the drives into the secondary port the board will not recognize them. It says none on the screen where the drives should be. But when I plug the drives into the primary port using the same cable they are recognized. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi i own the following PC with the following specs Pentium Ghz with Hyper-Threading Technology Mb PC DDR RAM Mhz gb HardDrive with mb Cache Leadtek Winfast A Ultra MyTivo TDH Geforce FX Mb RAM with Leadteks Detonator FX Drivers This is on a p s ASUS motherboard which has mhz FSB and AGP x For exact specifications see http uk asus com products mb socket p s overview htm Now i m a keen gamer and i ve always benchmarked my PC regularly to see the performance of the drivers Its now come to my attention that with one bench mark program that my PC isn t scoring as higher as other PCs with simililar spec s and the same graphics card I have checked absolutely everything with my & ASUS p4s800 Specs SiS648FX BIOS and system set-up including my graphic settings Everything is set to performance my graphics card is running in AGP x showing mb RAM In my BIOS i have hyper-threading enabled ASUS p4s800 & SiS648FX Specs it shows my graphic cards memory as mb and the BIOS is set to AGP x FastWrite for my graphics card is ENABLED and ASUS p4s800 & SiS648FX Specs all my motherboard drivers are up to date including my SiS AGP driver version When i run the SiS AGP Utility that comes with the downloaded SiS AGP driver updates i am shown this Now this shows that my graphics card is running in all the right modes AGP x and FastWrite enabled but under the section quot AGP Bus Capability quot it says that FastWrite is NOT supported When i orgionally looked at this PC i thought that the graphics card would be most suited to this motherboard with it having AGP version and AGP x I also assumed that FastWrite was available and when i see it in my BIOS i figured it was available and enabled But according to this utility my quot AGP Bus Capability quot doesn t support fastwrite What i would like to know is does the p s SiS FX motherboard support fastwrite and if it does which i presumed it does why is this utility showing me that i don t have the capability If it is supported how do i go about enabling as i believe having fastwrite disabled is the reason behind my low bench mark scores because i have looked at every possible option I hope someone on this forum will have the knowledge i m looking for about the p s motherboard Thanks for any replys nbsp

A:ASUS p4s800 & SiS648FX Specs

Not sure if FastWrite will do anything significant. You compared to PCs running same gfx and mobo?

Try disabling HyperThreading. Sometimes HT can slow you down. You have a good computer (...*cough*5900*cough*) so you should be getting high scores.

Also, why go with the SiS chipset? Did you buy this pre-built?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800-sis648fx-specs.10091/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have purchased an ASUS P4S800-mx mobo and I noticed it needs the standard 20-pin power connector but ALSO needs a 4-pin connector "to ensure adequate power supply to the CPU". Does this mean I need a different PSU? Or do all new PSU's (or PSU-Case comobos) come with both these power connectors?

Thanks,
Michael

A:Suitable case/psu for ASUS P4S800-mx

A lot of power supplies do come with the 2x2 4pin connector but if not, you can get an adaptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suitable-case-psu-for-asus-p4s800-mx.26723/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all,

Well, this may be a stupid question, but I just upgraded the CPU in my barebones box. Running an ASUS P4S800-MX and had a P4 2.4 533 FSB 1MB cache processor in there running great. Bought a P4 3.2 800FSB 1MB cache processor and plop it in and nothing (both Prescotts). On boot I get nothing at all on the screen and the drive spins up for about 10 secs and then stops. Put the old CPU back in a it all works fine.

Did I miss something?

A:ASUS P4S800-MX and CPU upgrade just sits there

Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried clearing the BIOS when you replace the CPU (before booting)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800-mx-and-cpu-upgrade-just-sits-there.42658/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello Please help I am now having a problem with this new computer I just purchased The computer is working but it is running very slow Here is the error ASUS Power CPU P4S800 problem When I start or reboot the computer the system hangs during Bio s Boot process and has a statement that appears something like this quot During Boot Phase Processor error was detected Go to Power Menu quot Press F to continue Del to run set-up CPU speed is set in Bio s at In the Bio s I found under power manager under Hardware ASUS P4S800 CPU Power error monitor a problem with CPU voltage VCORE VOLTAGE v is flashing v ASUS P4S800 CPU Power error in Red Here is ASUS P4S800 CPU Power error what it states VCORE VOLTAGE v v v this voltage goes between v to v v v v v Here is my question Is it possible that my New Power supply is going bad or is My New P Mhz CPU going bad ASUS Tech support states it is not the motherboard the motherboard is doing it job by reporting the error I guess that sounds right Or could it be the motherboard Please help Hardware configuration Tower Case w w PS with fans ASUS P S motherboard with newest Bio s -SIS SIS W -P S Intel P c Mhz CPU GB PC PIN MBx DDR Kingmax GB Maxtor HD GB Maxtor HD Pioneer DVD- x Pioneer DV-R x x x ATI Radeon Mb x Video Card Sound Blaster Audigy SMC Lan card Asound Lan Card Win XP Home full version nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have updated my desktop from XP to Win 7 and having hard time to installing audio drivers to win 7.
I only found the xp audio drivers but does not function.

Is there anyway i can get audio drivers for Win 7

A:Audio Drivers for ASUS P4S800-MX

Hi there .. Welcome to Seven Forums .. Your audio is Sound Max I think .. You can try the Version below

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=18355

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/304469-audio-drivers-asus-p4s800-mx.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello everyone i need some help.

i have asus p4s800 when i power on it well beep with a one long beep,i already change memory but still the same one long beep,what i did i'll pull out the motherboard to the case also the power supply to for testing.only the speaker is connected to the motherboard for any beep .but is stil d same. please help me..............

i also try to change the power supply.

p4 2.4
256mb memory
60gb hard disk

A:my asus p4s800 one long beep

look in the owner's manual and find what the long beep means.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-p4s800-one-long-beep.81192/
Relevancy 70.52%

Can someone tell me if the graphics card ATI RADEON X PRO AGP p4s800 problem with agp ati x1650pro Asus X is compatible with the motherbard ASUS P S ACPI BIOS Revision I ve tried to many things to make my computer work with the ATI video card but when I use it the computer won t start up no power problem just changed power supply THe Asus p4s800 problem with ati x1650pro agp problem that I think is that the motherboard does not detect the video card does not recognizes it runs it with mi old Nvidia parameters or it is just to big video cad for the computer I don t know the problem Someone can help me look for a solution I am doubting that my conector is really x capabilty I have GB Memory Ram watt power supply brand new hard drives Asus p4s800 problem with ati x1650pro agp one with vista Asus p4s800 problem with ati x1650pro agp the other with xp with niether the computer boots DVD - Rw CD drive P Intel Processor I don t know what other information you ll need to help me solve my problem but te main thing is that my computer turns on but does not boot anything it is just on with all the fans no image on monitoor - always black and in power save mode so any halp please i am somewhat knew at this things of computers thanks nbsp

A:Asus p4s800 problem with ati x1650pro agp

It could just be a faulty ATI card. It doesn't matter if your motherboard doesn't support AGP 8X, the AGP speed will default to what ever your board can handle

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800-problem-with-ati-x1650pro-agp.90028/
Relevancy 70.09%

hello, i need some help. i have a a asus p4s800 and i try to use a gforce 4 mx 440 8X 128mb on it, but it doesnt work. the mother board just beeps 2 times and no display comes up. i use an older gforce 2 mmx 64mb and that works fine. it should be compatiable shouldnt it? but it doesnt work.
also, i know that the gforce works for a fact because i have tried it with another system.
thank you..

A:Asus P4S800 and geforce 4 mx440-8x 128mb ddr

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Here`s what you should do. Make sure you have your old card in the pc then go into device manager(i`m assuming your os is xp) click on the +sign next to display adaptors right click on your card and select uninstall once the uninstall is complete restart your pc.

Once your pc has restarted you will be prompted to install the drivers again just cancel this.

Now shut down your pc take out the old card and insert the new one start your pc and you should be prompted to install the drivers for you new card you can cancel this if you wish and just use the installation disk that came with the new card.

once your done restart your pc and go into bios set the AGP Aperture size to 128.

Hope this helps Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800-and-geforce-4-mx440-8x-128mb-ddr.16995/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey everyone, I just installed Vista 32bit Home Premium on my PC, and I am unable to get vista to recognize the Airlink SuperG AWLH4130 I have installed in the PCI slot of the mobo.

I've tried going to asus, I've tried going to airlink, and I've even googled it to see if I can find anything on this, but apparently no one has an issue where the card isn't even recognized as being plugged into the mobo. It's lighting up in the back a little bit (More in idle, not actually getting connection) and I cant find it anywhere under device manager.

Help me out! :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-p4s800-x-mobo-issues-w-vista-253148.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a really weird thing going on I have a asus PG D motherboard I m not sure if it s the pro or the normal version but when I compare the pictures of the two motherboards on the Asus website with what mine looks like it looks like a P GD Pro motherboard So when I click on the downloads part of the page dedicated to that motherboard I look for the sound drivers for the onboard sound and the latest ones are very old like But the name of the drivers is Realtek ALC Audio Driver V beta for Windows have do, upgrade motherboard, if don't Can't sound I onboard sound I with Asus a bit XP So to find the latest Can't upgrade onboard sound with a Asus motherboard, if I do, I don't have sound I go on the Realtek website and find the latest drivers for the ALC I uninstall the old ones version and install the new ones version Reboot And then I have no sound When I try to read a audio file it makes the program crash etc So it s really weird since Realtek just says that not getting the drivers from the manufacturer will only cause me to loose the special tools and gadgets from the manufacturer Asus here but that s not a problem I just want to upgrade the drivers Either it s Asus that messed up or I m not getting the correct ones from the website Another weird thing is that inside Everest a program to get infos on my PC and what s in it it says my sound card is a quot Intel FB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller B- quot Also if I look the audio drivers on the asus website for the P GD motherboard the normal not the quot Pro quot version it givres the same name for the audio chipset quot ALC quot so it wouldn t really matter I guess Also i m french so please excuse my english Also being french I tried a website that is quite reliable but in french that scans your PC to see what you have and tells you what drivers you need and where to get them I tried that for the onboard sound and I get the same result no sound If anyone can help that would be great nbsp

A:Can't upgrade onboard sound with a Asus motherboard, if I do, I don't have sound

So it's really weird, since Realtek just says that not getting the drivers from the manufacturer will only cause me to loose the special tools and gadgets from the manufacturer (Asus here), but that's not a problem, I just want to upgrade the drivers.Click to expand...

Just use the ASUS ones, its very unlikely that there have been any updates for years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-upgrade-onboard-sound-with-a-asus-motherboard-if-i-do-i-dont-have-sound.155028/
Relevancy 68.37%

I would like to install windows 7 on my PC but i need some drivers to Mother Board (Asus P4S800 - Soun Card on board) and Graphic Card (ATI 9200 Readon Series). Where i can found this drivers

Thanks

A:Mother Board Asus p4s800 / ATI readon 9200 series

Visit the manufacturers' sites and search for drivers there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37574-mother-board-asus-p4s800-ati-readon-9200-series.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i bought a asus A8v-VM SE motherboard and from the internet specs its supposed to have a realtek card onboard it however the computer isn't finding it does anyone know why and where i can find a driver for said sound device

A:asus motherboard but where the sound

Have you tried the Asus website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-but-where-the-sound.572239/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been having a rather irritating problem with my NVIDIA graphics card. Ever since I installed the card, it has been outputting sound through the card instead of through my onboard audio. Since I do not want to purchase an HDMI to DVI cable to play sound through my monitor, I was wondering how to redirect the audio to play through my motherboard so I can hear sound again. I have tried resetting BIOS settings, reinstalling all drivers for sound card, motherboard, and gpu, and I have poked around 100's of forums, and tried everything. I'm even considering buying a different brand of card because this stupid thing has created so many problems.

A:How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar. Select playback devices and see if you have an option other than HDMI. I have 4 HDMI ports in addition to Speakers and "Speakers" is the default device on my machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-output-sound-through-my-asus-motherboard.198828/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello to everyone i just buy this motherboard, that i can not install the sound card right beacuse is not working under Windows XP Pro. with service pack 1 and the original drives from Hp.

I think this model is great how can I make or conected to my computer case i dont have the Manual,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4sd-la-motherboard-sound-problem.318505/
Relevancy 65.36%

HI OS Version Microsoft R Windows R XP Professional x Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM off a while Sound Trouble motherboard after switches Asus Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB E Total - MB F Total - MB G Total - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -EM Rev X x MS C CBJAU My pc has audio output panels one in the front and other in the back recently the back one stopped functioning but the front audio panel after i play anything after soem secs the audio Asus motherboard Sound switches off after a while Trouble goes off then its static for a while before it goes completely off i have to restart but then again the audio is the same secs of whatever im playing then it goes off i had reinstalled windows i had windows xp oses running on diff harddisks the second one i reformatted so that now its only one I downloaded the correct realtek drivers re-installed it on system the HD audio shows all proper but the sound same again Sumone help me pls is a prob with my hardware with my cabinet or my motherboard or with my os but then another insteresting thing th efirst few days the audio lasted some - mins when ever a blast or loud noise comes the audio goes off HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-sound-switches-off-after-a-while-trouble.967960/
Relevancy 65.36%

Recently bought and installed a ASUS P5kpl-am EPU motherboard and it's all working dandy apart from the sound. I installed the drivers from the official asus website for the board which is the VIA Audio codecs and software and it detects both my microphone and headphones but neither will work. What should I do?

Thanks

A:ASUS Motherboard - Detects headphones but no sound

Quote: Originally Posted by Jordyi

Recently bought and installed a ASUS P5kpl-am EPU motherboard and it's all working dandy apart from the sound. I installed the drivers from the official asus website for the board which is the VIA Audio codecs and software and it detects both my microphone and headphones but neither will work. What should I do?

Thanks

Have you tried downloading directly from Realtek?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146105-asus-motherboard-detects-headphones-but-no-sound.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Edit pm Post Win7 64bit Sound: Asus Motherboard Realtek No is snap shots of all I have tinkered with or looked at You might be able to read this and skip to post Now back to the original message I have no sound My cpu is months old I have had extremely limited No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit issues with the cpu since date of purchase I was watching a movie on Windows media player I never watched it before Windows Media Center crashed I rebooted and tried again WMC refused to play any videos or movies now My sound stopped working at this point Below is relevant information too much possibly It is almost as if the sound produced by 'software' has been muted blocked or turned off This No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit cpu is the only media device in the home Windows media center crashed on about pm and we have been without sound since Please feel my pain The first categories might be the most relevant I am a No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit computer noob Although I am a competent human What I have done Update drivers using the link for my ASUS motherboard I uninstalled drivers first Turned off and on Audio services - they are running Tried EVERY STINKING PORT why are there so many damn ports Verified speakers are turned on Checked in obvious locations for errors Checked devices Verified ALL wires are SNUG Restored to previous restore point Verified speakers are functional using MP player Cleaned cpu amp speakers Did my best to verify wires and stuff inside were working SPOKE with ASUS who said it was not the MoBo - said might be software CRIED SCREAMED KICKED Tried Realtek drivers Prayed Fiddled with the realtek HD audio manager settings - I do not understand many of them Changed play back quality filled sound turned effects off What is odd If I plug in a mic I can sing a tune through the speakers Windows Media Player will not run ANY DVDS or MP s However it will play streaming videos I captured from youtube If I use another player such as VLC or DIVx the movie plays perfect with NO SOUND When I attempt to play a test tone I receive the error quot Failed to play Test tone quot with the yellow exclamation point When I mute the speakers on off by pressing mute quickly I can hear that tiny click muffle you would expect to hear when you mute speakers The above must somehow be relevant no My computer is working WELL CEPT FOR DARN SOUND Realtek HD Manager Tower Speakers Checked Volume cranked Tried - all settings SOUND Speakers Realtek Hi Def Audio -Green Check Realtek nd Audio Headphones - Not Plugged in Nvidia HDMI - Not Plugged In Realtek Digitial OutPut Realtek Digital Audio - Ready MotherBoard Asus M n -d ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Information OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DADDY-PC System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS M N -D ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Daddy-PC Administrator Time Zone US Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Component Services Windows Audio Started Automatic Local Service Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Started Automatic Local System Information I do not Understand but might be relevant Audio Codecs CODEC Manufacturer Description Status File Version Size Creation Date c windows system msg acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSG ACM KB bytes PM c windows system imaadp acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system IMAADP ACM KB bytes PM c windows system msgsm acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Wi... Read more

A:No Sound: Realtek Asus Motherboard Win7 64bit

Edit:
I was just told to try a repair install. Looking at the repair install info here I was told by the poster NOT to do this if a recovery did not work.
As I said I am so confident that something somewhere was deleted, removed, blocked, broke or corrupted with my internal software. This is not a hardware issue.

What are the important audio files that I should make sure still exist on my computer? In order for computers to play any audio files what .dll, .exe, .com files must exist in windows or on my computer? I want to verify they are there.

While I have been trouble shooting my issue I found this post:

Quote:
My Avast! program recognized Audiodg.exe as a malicious file and removed it. Since then, I have not been able to get sound on my system.
I have looked for a place to download and restore the Audiodg.exe file, but am unable to find it anywhere.
In my sound playback devices, when I try to 'test' my sound, I get an error "failed to play test tone". My audio drivers are all up to date."

This problem seems similar to mine as I had that Avast program and also recently found spyware. Is this something I should investigate - my computer deleting important audio files, these files becoming corrupt or accidental deletion of such files by me? If so which ones should I look for?

Even if I checked your solution I will check it again if you think I should. Even if you think it is not worth a mention - mention it!

I have cookies and sugar! All you need to do is stop by! I am in Indianapolis

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/57124-no-sound-realtek-asus-motherboard-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok so here is the story I have Audio cards ASUS WORKY! 7012, WORKY NOT P4S800 On Audio SiS and i been picking my brain trying to make on or the other work One is a SB Live - Standalone I ve SiS 7012, On ASUS P4S800 Audio NOT WORKY WORKY! totally given up all hope on making this one work according to my research Creative makes drivers like Mattel makes children toys Now for the one i m REALLY trying to make work it s my integrated SiS on my Asus Mobo Model P S I have downloaded the direct Drivers from SiS and from Asus neither would work One error would be quot Driver not found reboot and run setup again quot That is from the Asus Install The other from SiS is quot Driver has same name as a device or service quot I have tried the Setup exe files and I ve directly told Wizard to install from the ISF files no luck there I ve tried everything i can think of spent around hours trying to get sounds and i m ready to try my Base Ball Bat theory Also here is my Everest Report on the specs North Bridge Properties North Bridge SiS FX Revision Memory Controller Type Dual Channel -bit Active Mode Single Channel -bit Memory Timings CAS Latency CL T RAS To CAS Delay tRCD T RAS Precharge tRP T RAS Active Time tRAS T Memory Slots DRAM Slot MB DDR SDRAM DRAM Slot MB DDR SDRAM DRAM Slot MB DDR SDRAM AGP Controller AGP Version AGP Status Disabled AGP Device Radeon X X Series NoDB AGP Aperture Size MB Supported AGP Speeds x x x x Fast-Write Not Supported Side Band Addressing Supported Disabled Chipset Manufacturer Company Name Silicon Integrated Systems Corporation Product Information http www sis com products index htm chipsets Driver Download http www sis com download Problems amp Suggestions Problem AGP is disabled This may cause performance penalty South Bridge SiS South Bridge Properties South Bridge SiS Revision AC Audio Controller Audio Controller Type SiS Codec Name Analog Devices AD Codec ID h S PDIF Output Supported Chipset Manufacturer Company Name Silicon Integrated Systems Corporation Product Information http www sis com products index htm chipsets Driver Download http www sis com download BIOS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS Properties BIOS Type AMI System BIOS Date Video BIOS Date BIOS Manufacturer Company Name American Megatrends Inc Product Information http www ami com amibios BIOS Upgrades http www esupport com biosagent index cfm refererid Problems amp Suggestions Suggestion Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade Contact eSupport Today Suggestion System BIOS is more than years old Update it if necessary Windows Video -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Radeon X X Series Secondary Video Adapter Properties Device Description Radeon X X Series Secondary Adapter String Radeon X X Series BIOS String -A B - Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP x DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Installed Drivers ati dvag Memory Size MB Video Adapter Manufacturer Company Name ATI Technologies Inc Product Information http www ati com products gamer html Driver Download http www ati com support driver html Radeon X X Series Video Adapter Properties Device Description Radeon X X Series Adapter String Radeon X X Series BIOS String -A B - Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP x DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Installed Drivers ati dvag Memory Size MB Video Adapter Manufacturer Company Name ATI Technologies Inc Product Information http www ati com products gamer html Driver Download http www ati com support driver html nbsp

A:SiS 7012, On ASUS P4S800 Audio NOT WORKY WORKY!

Opps also ---

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ****ITALLBITCH
User Name Travis

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D 340, 2933 MHz (22 x 133)
Motherboard Name Asus P4S800D-X (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset SiS 655FX
System Memory 1536 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (09/07/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter Radeon X1300/X1550 Series Secondary (512 MB)
Video Adapter Radeon X1300/X1550 Series (512 MB)
Monitor HP D6433A Pavilion M90 [19" LCD] (SM03400499)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter SiS 7012 Audio Device

Storage:
IDE Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive Maxtor 6Y080P0 (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
Disk Drive WD 3200AAJB Externa USB Device (298 GB, USB)
Optical Drive SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B (DVD:16x, CD:52x/24x/52x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 78165 MB (54717 MB free)
E: (FAT32) 305168 MB (209828 MB free)
Total Size 374.3 GB (258.3 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:
Network Adapter SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (68.207.240.78)

Peripherals:
USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
USB2 Controller SiS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device USB Human Interface Device
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device
DMI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sis-7012-on-asus-p4s800-audio-not-worky-worky.87259/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi
I am trying to find a manual covering this Mobo.
Can anyone help please.
regards
phil

Relevancy 59.34%

Here's my problem, I can't get on the internet. Simple fix I thought, WRONG.
For some reason my IP is coming up at 192.254.157._ (w/ a subnet of 255.255.0.0)

Yet my router is set for scheme: 192.168.1._ (subnet: 255.255.255.0)

What would be causing this. My Motherboard is an ASUS a8n-sli deluxe, I may have flashed to bios w/ a beta they were doing, is there any way to roll it back??
As well as programs are constantly hanging and I am forced to do a hard reboot to get my system back up.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 58.48%

I can hear a sound from the fan on my motherboard. I thought it was the CPU HS fan, but now Iam not so sure. There is a fan located right below, plugged in to the PWR_FAN connector. It's just this small fan with a faceplate. It is hard to tell, but I am quite sure it is this fan. It has been going on for about 4 days. First for a few minutes on startup, now almost constant. My motherboard is an Asus A8V-E Deluxe. Should I be worried? If it needs replacing, will it be difficult , I see it has a tiny little heatsink, does it need thermal paste? Excuse my terminology, but I am trying to describe things as best as I know how.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have a Asus motherboard P8Z77-V LX, which according to the spec the LAN supports speeds up to 1000 mps http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product...X-PC-base-Intel-1155-Form-factor-ATX?ref=list
I live in the UK and virgin media have upgraded my 100 meg internet to 152, I can't get speeds beyond 65 meg. I contacted there tech support, and they remotely checked my PC and told me my LAN only goes up to 100 MPs and I would need a new lan adapter.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw7S-kfd-L-RVHk4NjlOLVlhVlU/edit?usp=docslist_api
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw7S-kfd-L-RQjM2eDdxNFVITHc/edit?usp=docslist_api
There screens of my control panel what the virgin media tech was checking.
I have a virgin media super hub version one directly wired to the desktop, it also has a ps3 wired and virgin TiVo box.
Any advise or help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Asus motherboard P8Z77-V LX LAN only 100 mps

From what you have said and what you haven't said one possibility is a defective ethernet cable. Remember that 100 Mbps uses four wires while gigabit requires all eight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-motherboard-p8z77-v-lx-lan-only-100-mps.1141602/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,
Im getting a sabertooth z77 motherboard & want to know is my corsair 620 watt psu compatible ?

A:Solved: Asus sabertooth z77 motherboard

I am not sure there is a "comparability chart" for motherboards and PSUs. When getting PSU you should consider total power consumption of your projected devices, maybe leave few watts for future add-ons and make sure it will fit in your case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-sabertooth-z77-motherboard.1087417/
Relevancy 58.48%

when i turn the pc on rather than it booting up i get nothing but little blue lights on the motherboard coming on.....almost like its in a standby mode or somthing .....the lights havent come on before so im not sure...... anyone eles here had this? or know what there about? as the user book isnt much help on this...

pc spec's
CrossHair Motherboard
amd 3g dual proccessor
G skill 2X2gig ram
Hiper 730w psu
Zalmans XT liquid cooling system

A:Solved: Asus CrossHair Motherboard

ok just to add wot this was all about.....theres an lcd display on the back of the pc where all ya usb ports are right next to it is this little green light thing that turns out to be a switch once pressed it was all back to normal...

after the inlet water pipe coming of the processor i thourght it nothing but bad news ...so happy i was wrong !! after a good clean ( dry up!) and finding out about the switch i never knew was there that i must of pushed when cleaning up the mess ...its all back as good as new! ^_^

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-crosshair-motherboard.677644/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I need a new mobo I have narrowed my choice to My choices are between an Asus M N-X an Asus M N-X Plus amp a Jetway Motherboard Jetway One? or Solved: Asus - Which New M GT -SG nForce The only differences delaying my decision are that the m n-x plus has an nvidia nforce chipset amp Solved: New Motherboard - Which One? Asus or Jetway for a new mobo this chipset seems quite old The m n-x has an nforce chipset but this mobo has been in production for nearly years now The Solved: New Motherboard - Which One? Asus or Jetway Jetway has an nforce chipset and has more advantages than the other but how reliable are they Asus boards seem to support s standby better than most other makes all fans etc shut down most other pcs leave the fans running I dont know about the jetway All these boards are a similar price It seems strange that the m n-x plus seems to have gone backward with its chipset from the m n-x Any input on these mobos would be greatly appreciated Rob nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hiya

Posting on behalf of a friend who's having some problems.

He has this on startup:

asus express gate installation is incomplete

Then it goes to a screen that says press any button to reboot or from software. Press any key but nothing happens.

His motherboard is Asus M4N75TD, NF 750a SLI, AM3, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), DDR3 1066/1333/2200(OC), SATA 3Gb/s RAID, ATX.

It was fine one minute, he was gaming away, and then he wandered off for a coffee, came back and it was shut down. Upon starting, he got the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

eddie

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I'm looking at the M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=300&l4=0&model=1553&modelmenu=2

It says that it supports SLI. Does that mean I HAVE to use an Nvidia graphics card or can I use an ATI HD2900 instead? The description makes it a little confusing, making it sound like I MUST go w/ Nvidia to use this motherboard.

Thanks for the help!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all, Well I got a problem that is something of a mystery for me. I bought this motherboard at a going out of business sale. It was boxed and sealed. I mounted it and the green power light lit; but no fans turned. No video, nothing! The processor or ram could have been the problem so I changed them... same thing! I changed the power supply... same thing. So call Asus tech support and they were about as computer useful as a bag full of roofing hammers. Oh and my warranty expired 30 days ago.. hurray for me! SO I bought a new Bios chip for it, Asus's Idea not mine, and installed the thing... same result! So I could use some help on getting this MOBO running. Please and Thank you! joan

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys
Just ordered the above mobo and was reading some reviews about it, every comment said what a great board it was apart from the noisey chipset fan.
One comment even recommend ordering a new fan as a spare because it will fail.
My question is does anyone know if Asus has corrected this problem or will I just have to order a spare?
As it has not been deliverd yet I was thinking of changing it for the SLI version, which I did not really need as I am not into gaming.
Any views or comments appreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have insalled new ram sticks kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 and cannot get dual channel. Reading with everest program shows 3 5 5 6
and yet spd shows shoud be 3 3 3 8. Have tried new proccessor p4 p2.8 proccessor no change. Iam only a novice so any help would be appreciated

A:Solved: p4s800-mx se

how'd you solve this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-p4s800-mx-se.830523/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Firstly thanks for the forums and support I ve used this forum before searching problems finding solutions But alas this is the first time I ve not been able sound Sound Asus onboard MoBo - Solved: No to rectify my issue after searching on the forums My Spec AMD Phenom Quad core Asus m a deluxe GB ddr Corsair Dominator RAM nVidia GFX card Windows There is no sound coming from my computer There once was sound but the computer was dormant for months and I replaced the Power Supply and now there is no sound I Solved: No Sound - Asus MoBo onboard sound ve tried uninstalling reinstalling updating all Solved: No Sound - Asus MoBo onboard sound drivers I ve tried configuring my audio devices Currently there are listed Speakers RealTex HD Audio nd Output Digital Output RCA Optical and RealTek Digital Output When I play sound levels are shown going up and down indicating that the audio devices are aware of the sound but no matter what speakers I plug in I still don t get sound I ve tried different outputs of which were headphones all of which didn t work I have also tried accessing my PC remotely from my iPad through SplashTop which plays the sounds from the PC weirdly I don t know what to try now and would appreciate any help or input Thanks seikooc nbsp

A:Solved: No Sound - Asus MoBo onboard sound

I'd suspect a faulty audio chipset. The hardware being recognized and the drivers installing aren't an indication that the hardware is actually functional.

With that being said, try a different version of the RealTek drivers. Try using the latest version available from Asus. If those don't work, try the latest version directly from RealTek.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-asus-mobo-onboard-sound.1016075/
Relevancy 58.05%

Greetings all I have searched up and down the forums for an answer to this and my issue is slightly more specific than most This is a rundown of my setup OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor RAM MB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GX MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N PRO XX MS C B CD DVD Sony DVD-RW - Failure Not Functioning at the Moment I think that s USB ASUS Solved: Motherboard BIOS - Boot all that is currently relevant to the issue I purchased Windows Ultimate from NewEgg Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot Received my discs awesome - used the Windows USB DVD Tool to install Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot windows onto an external drive of mine which is plugged in via USB Reason for this is my DVD drive as listed above is not currently functioning so I wanted to install via USB Well of course I run SETUP upon powering on my pc and there are no options under boot priority related to USB at all My options are still Hard Disk Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot CD Drive Removable Devices I know the computer is recognizing the drive because when I move to the hard-disk portion of the BIOS it shows the drive listed Granted I am not a computer wiz I do know a lot and am well rounded in almost all aspects but this I am not Am I missing something When the computer recognizes the drive that I have plugged into via USB that to me says the port and USB are functioning correctly The drive fully works when in Windows I guess my question is ASUS Updater is telling me my BIOS are up to date I have been told that this motherboard has the capability to boot from USB local computer store tech guy looked it up for me What am I missing Was he incorrect in saying that my motherboard can support booting from USB I apologize for the novel just wanted to make sure I had all the details in there to make it easier nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Motherboard: Asus A8V-MX
Chipset Via K8M800
Video: S3g Unichrone (Integrated
Athlon64 CPU
Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Monitor: Older "Digital" 15 inch

Issue: Can't find any Video drivers to actually install and Standard VGA Adapter driver causes serious flicker.

I've tried adjusting refresh rates but Windows 7 default drivers will not allow anything but the adapter default.

Are there any compatible drivers for the S3G Unichrome IGP adapter available for Windows 7 (64 Bit) out there anywhere? Asus doesn't have anything for it and the VIA software won't install.

Is there a way to over-ride the default settings to manually force a different refresh rate?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks In Advance!

-Ben

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone I am replacing a MB in a system that would not recognize the hard drive any longer I tested both the drive and the drive cable in a different machine and they worked fine The board I am installing is an Asus P S D-X I thought that I had everything connected correctly but was not totally sure about the front panel connections When I turn it on the cpu fan runs and it sounds like the HDD is spinning but no video at all The power light on the monitor is a steady green blink on and off Whether the power on the computer connectors panel Solved: Asus motherboard is turned on or off is not affecting what the green light is doing on the monitor I m not positive that I have all these front panel connections correct It s a generic midtower case Here is the pdf manual that shows the panel connections on page - for the new board http dlsvr asus com pub ASUS mb sock p s d-x e p s d-x pdf The following is what the writing says on each of the actual connectors in the case that I m trying to match up with correct connection on the board Orange and cream wires with a single connector with holes says quot HDD LED - quot Solved: Asus motherboard panel connectors should this one be connected to the one in the manual that says quot Hard disk activity LED quot Green and black wires with a single connector with holes says quot M B SW quot should this one be connected to the one in the manual that says quot ATX Power Switch quot Cream amp black wires with single connector with holes says quot Reset SW quot should this one be connected to the one in the manual that says quot Reset Switch Lead quot Green and white wires two single connectors each with only hole One says quot Power LED quot and the other is a - inside a circle should this one be connected to the one in the manual that says quot System Power LED Lead quot REd and black wires two single connectors each with only hole They don t have anything written on them but they are coming directly out of the speaker should this one be connected to the one in the manual that says quot System Warning Speaker Lead quot The last one is a matched pair of connectors two of each There are two connectors that have wires each one red white and blue The connector has three holes and says V -D D The other two are single connectors with hole each and it says quot Ground quot should this one be connected to the one in the manual on page - that says quot USB header quot So I m pretty sure that this is the way they should be matched up Please let me know if I m way off base nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello All,

I have a Asus A7V8X Motherboard. What s the highest AMD chip I can place on this board?

A:Solved: Asus A7V8X Motherboard AMD CPU Info

there are 3 models of that
A7V8X-X
Socket A for AMD Athlon XP/Athlon/Duron up to 2.25GHz+
Thoroughbred/Barton Core Support
A7V8X-MX
Socket A for AMD Athlon XP/ Thoroughbred/Barton up to 2.25GHz+
A7V8X-MX SE
Socket A for AMD Athlon XP/ Thoroughbred/Barton up to 2.25GHz+

this page will show you all they support
http://au.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-a7v8x-motherboard-amd-cpu-info.327239/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I've been waiting for the ASUS Striker Extreme motherboards to be available in my local store and e-tailers online and alas, there're still not available. I'm actually reaching the point where I'm starting to go off the Striker Extreme motherboard. Recently I saw an Abit IN9 32x-MAX mobo, and personally from what I read, I believe it's virtually the same as the Striker Extreme mobo, besides from the fancy LCD poster screen at the back, etc. So I am now wondering, which one should I get? Should I continue waiting for the ASUS Striker Extreme mobo? Or should I just get the Abit IN9 32x-MAX? Any thoughts anyone? Also does anyone know if there are any other differences between these 2 motherboards at all?

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-striker-extreme-or-abit-in9-32x-max-motherboard.536533/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have purchased a Asus P4S533 mother board with the Pentium 4 2.4 gig retail processor. I am installing it into a enlight case with a 300 watt powersupply also enlight. Using crucial PC2700 DDR memory and a 64 meg gainward video card.

Upon starting (it doesn't even come close to posting) I get a verbal message that states "SYSTEM FAILURE, CPU SPEED" I have reset the bios, changed from jumper free mode to jumper mode using the JEN1 jumpers and switched the dips from all off to 1=off, 2&3=on, 4&5=off. none of this has worked, I also removed the motherboard from the case to ensure it wasn't grounding or shortin out. NO LUCK!!! I have already purchased a replacement motherboard and processor but was wondering if I have left any stones unturned?????

any and all responses are welcome and appreciated!
Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Asus P4S533 motherboard and Pentium 4 2.4 gig processor

thanks to all of you that have looked at this thread! I have figured out the problem to be the motherboard!! there was a part that appeared to have exploded on the backside of the motherboard causing it not to work properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-p4s533-motherboard-and-pentium-4-2-4-gig-processor.119619/
Relevancy 57.19%

i'm trying to build my pc, but i'm having problem with the asus p4s8x motherboard. it does not detect the 80 gigabyte western digital hard drive with 8 mb cache. i've messed with the jumpers and bios but still nothing.
can someone help me?

A:[SOLVED] asus p4s8x motherboard / wd hard drive

Hi and welcome...when you say it doesn't recognize it, where isn't it being recognized? In the bios setup?

For now, in the bios setup, try to use USER settings, and put the cylinders 1023, heads 16, and sectors 63. Make sure LBA is selected as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-p4s8x-motherboard-wd-hard-drive.121695/
Relevancy 56.76%

Did anybody reading this find where to change AHCI to RAID in the BIOS of a Asus p8z77 v pro motherboard?

A:Solved: AHCI to RAID in the BIOS of an Asus p8z77 v pro motherboard.

Assuming that board supports RAID, it should be in the SATA controller options.
EDIT: User Manual, page 4-23

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ahci-to-raid-in-the-bios-of-an-asus-p8z77-v-pro-motherboard.1142396/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an issue with the SATA BIOS settings which have options for configure as IDE or set it to as AHCI So now I can only boot Vista when it is set to AHCI and only boot the XP when the BIOS SATA is set to configure as IDE and if not it gives a stop code error B And I did search for a ASUS P QL Pro motherboard BIOS update and I have the lattest version apparently AHCI BIOS Vista motherboard only can settings ASUS Solved: boot Also I did look in each one s Device Manager to check for driver updates such as for the serial ATA controllers So how can I boot both without changing the BIOS setting each time I dual boot with the Vista boot Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista manager and in my motherboard manual it does say quot Due to Intel chipset driver support regulation the AHCI mode is not supported in Windows XP environment and is only supported by Vista with OS built Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista in driver If I try to boot either XP or Vista without changing the SATA BIOS settings it gives stop code B nbsp

A:Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista

Fixed by changing the BIOS SATA configuration settings from that AHCI to IDE, enhanced. And then reinstalled Vista so that both XP and Vista use that same BIOS setting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-motherboard-bios-ahci-settings-can-only-boot-vista.824113/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a ASUS P5A MB with built in sound. The built in sound is ES1938 PCI Audio Driver. I have no sound and have exhausted all other possibilities. I am thinking about getting a new driver but I'm not sure these built in things have drivers.
Also can I put in a separate sound card and bypass the built in thing?
BMJak

A:[SOLVED] ASUS P5A with a sound problem

Hi BMJak, welcome to TSG.

You can find drivers here:

http://www.esstech.com/techsupp/drivers.shtm#pci

And, yes, you should be able to disable the onboard sound and insert a different sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-p5a-with-a-sound-problem.67113/
Relevancy 54.18%

Where can I fit an Asus Xonar DSX or DG sound card to an Asus P8 Z68-V Pro motherboard?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Asus TV Tuner FM 7135 PCI card installed, when I tried to view TV, I could not recieve sound. After looking around, I was able to fix it by connecting the TV Tuner to my motherboard sound ( Asus A8V-E Deluxe). Now I can hear sound fine, but when I record any show, there is no sound. I think I need to connect the TV Tuner to the Line In from the back of the tower in order to do this, this is where I need help please, if someone wouldn't mind. I am in all new territory with this new PC, and have soooo much to learn! Can someone please tell me how I would do this? I do not know the specific cables I need to do this, as there is no audio ports coming from the TV Tuner card itself. Thank you very much.

Relevancy 53.75%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Solved: onboard problem sound asus Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Solved: asus onboard sound problem INC M N-E XX Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have a problem with the sound not working The case motherboard still makes the expected beeps but the audio for windows and videos have stopped I have probably made many mistakes trying to fix this At present the sound device does not exist The last few attempts to reload the soundmax driver have failed because the chip is no longer properly named as I have managed to Solved: asus onboard sound problem turn it into an AMD labeled component I am not able to tell you what it was but I know it wasn t AMD I can probably answer specific questions about the situation but can t give you a play by play of every twist and turn because I got lost and am slightly burnt on the deal I am looking for a fresh perspective from a pro thanks for any consideration nbsp

A:Solved: asus onboard sound problem

How did it get renamed?

Try going into device manager and reinstalling the audio drivers.
Right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the Hardware tab.
Click Device Manager.

Is there a yellow "!" shown?

If so, try downloading drivers from here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NE/#download

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-onboard-sound-problem.1015934/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am currently using Windows Home Premium bit with a GIGABYTE GA-G MT-S PT motherboard I recently purchased an ASUS Xonar D seen here http www newegg com Product Produ re ASUS XONAR D - - - - - and card amp New ASUS Fiio sound Solved: - -Product Here s a clear photo of the ASUS from the back http www head-fi org image id I also bought FiiO E amp seen here http www amazon com gp product B UFMOW ref oh aui detailpage o s ie UTF amp psc Right now I have my headphones plugged into FiiO E amp then the E into the USB in the back of my computer thus using the onboard realtek audio However I would like to use my headphones with the ASUS sound card and the FiiO E amp Is this possible So one way I was thinking it might work is to hook up the ASUS sound card then disabled the onboard audio then plug my headphones into the FiiO amp then run Solved: New ASUS sound card and Fiio amp the amp into the USB Headphones- gt amp usb cord- gt USB port with ASUS sound card hooked up Now excuse my ignorance and stupidity but is Solved: New ASUS sound card and Fiio amp it possible to hear the ASUS sound card chip through the usb rather than using the ports on the back of the ASUS sound card Or the more practical option is to plug in the the FiiO amp into the ASUS sound card but I m not sure how this will be achieved Headphones- gt amp AUX Cord- gt ASUS Sound card I have a standard AUX cord cable that came with the FiiO am But I tried plugging in the AUX cord to the amp then into the standard Solved: New ASUS sound card and Fiio amp AUX ports on the mobo and I couldn t hear anything no matter how much I tweaked the settings I also noticed the FiiO E did not show up under devices when it normally did when I plugged int the AUX cable So if I did want to plug in the FiiO amp to the ASUS sound card what cord would I use and what port would it go into But perhaps the amp is not compatible with the ASUS sound card Maybe I need a new cord all together Thank you for any help because I am completely lost But I would like to use my amp to benefit the most from my audio especially with the new ASUS sound card I bought Thank you for everything Please ask questions if it s not clear nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I searched for a similar thread and didn't find anything, so please don't hate me if this has already been answered. I just got 5.1 speakers as a present, and since my motherboard has 5.1 support, but only 3 sockets at the back, I was wondering how to set it up to give me 5.1 sound? I'm planning on buying a sound card eventually, but for now I'd like to be able to get it to work on just this. I'm guessing it has something to do with the front sound sockets, but before i start mucking about with things, I'd appreciate any input you guys might have to offer.

A:Solved: 5.1 sound on the motherboard

Each jack covers two channels. One jack is Front Left and Right, another is Center/Sub and the third is Surround Left and Right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-5-1-sound-on-the-motherboard.821027/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Solved: Drivers Needed! ASUS (Desperate) P5LP-LE Sound guys I just reinstalled my computer with Windows XP was vista before and so I Solved: ASUS P5LP-LE Sound Drivers Needed! (Desperate) ofcourse have to reinstall all Solved: ASUS P5LP-LE Sound Drivers Needed! (Desperate) my drivers I put in my new graphics card and got the drivers for that installed and everything is working apart from sound I hear nothing except for the occasional beeps I have been redircected to download some Realtek Drivers but they have done nothing - although windows says I have Solved: ASUS P5LP-LE Sound Drivers Needed! (Desperate) the drivers installed I still cant hear anything so Im assuming those are the wrong ones I have been searching for hours and hours and cant seem to fix it here are my computers details Motherboard ASUS P LP-LE http h www hp com ewfrf wc d roduct Computer Model Pavillon a uk Link to a uk official page http h www hp com ewfrf wc p amp lang en amp cc uk The official site provided me with some drivers but they are all for Vista and they dont support XP Please any help will be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have bought Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2Mb L2 800MHz LGA775 prescott Processor, Kingstone 512 MB 400Mhz Ram, 40 Gb Seagate baracoda 7200RPM HDD, MSI 6600Gt NX6600Gt TD128E SLI pci-e. I have selected ASUS Motherboard P5RD1-V http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5RD1-V&langs=01

I want to ask that does this mobo support EM64bit tecnology? Does this mobo support all my purchased items?

I have one more option
Buy ASUS P5RD1-V or Intel D915GAV ?
Intel Motherboard D915GAV http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

Does D915GAV support both EM64T and Enhanced Intel speedstep technology?

A:Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Hmmm?

I'm not too sure about mixing up the nVidia cards in sli with
the ATIŪRADEON XPRESS 200
ULIŪM1573
I would research this board further.

The IntelŪ Desktop Board D915GAV on the other hand
seems to have what you've asked for:
EM64bit and sli and the Enhanced Intel speedstep...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-asus-p5rd1-v-support-em64t-buy-asus-p5rd1-v-or-intel-d915gav-motherboard.32360/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys. I am stuck yet again! I am trying to use my motherboard's sound device. I have had to remove my sound card as I needed the PCI slot for something else. I am unable to use my motherboard instead even though I know that it has a sound device. I have tried everything (I have even read the motherboard instructions!) but I am stuck. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell Inspiron Last night a power Does Solved: like death? sound this motherboard surged MESSED up my computer I didn t even realize this until I had sat down to a screen that was displaying quot windows is loading files quot and a full bar underneath just hanging Solved: Does this sound like motherboard death? there I knew that this meant it had automatically done a startup repair but I wasn t sure why it was hanging So I rebooted and changed the BIOS to run from the CD rom first I put in a windows cd to try and run startup repair from there and rebooted Again it just loaded the quot windows is loading files quot bar and hanged At this point I decided to run an Unbuntu CD to try and salvage what was on my hardrives before I did a clean wipe and reinstall of windows It displayed the Unbuntu splash page and then went blank After this I noticed that there were sounds coming from inside my computer Here s that uploaded in mp form to help give you an idea after skip to http soundcloud com user what-is-this It makes these same sounds each time I tried to boot so I figured it was my hard drive causing this To test that theory I removed my hardrives and used another one from a different computer that was made around the same time as my other HDDs Still no proper boot and it made the exact same sounds All I can think of it being is a mother board issue What do you all think nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey
i am getting a weird sound from the processor....
it sounds like the sound from the movie "THE GRUDGE 2" which is due to breaking of the neck of the woman in it, the only thing is that the tempo is a little high so the sound goes faster....apologies abt this but this was the best example i could give

what could be the problem and what could be the future problems that could be faced.

Relevancy 51.6%

My speakers and headphones are crackling a lot while playing all audio. It's happening on the following devices:

Speakers, USB Headphones, 3.5mm headphones in to motherboard. I figured that this HAS to be a sound card issue ( onboard ) so I have found an exteral USB sound card and even through this device, it's still happening.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm assuming a motherboard fault at the moment because I honestly don't know where else to look, but I don't understand how it could be.

My specs are:
Asrock 890GX
External Soundcard: Creative USB Sound Blaster
Headphones (USB): Corsair HS1
Headphones (3.5mm): ATH-ES7

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Sound crackling and popping - Motherboard?

Resolved by a BIOS update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-crackling-and-popping-motherboard.997344/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
Just installed a new hard drive in a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. I have installed Windows XP which was straightforward. However I haven't got any of the discs that were originally supplied with the machine, and it will not play video or produce any sound. From previous XP installs, I'm thinking that this is motherboard-driver related. I'm not sure what motherboard it has but I think (from looking at Device Manager) that it has an Intel 82852/82855 chipset. Where's the best place to download the driver? I've looked at Intel's site but got confused! The laptop is not connected to the interweb currently so I will have to download any drivers to my PC, burn them and then install from disc.
Any help very greatly received.
Cheers
Ken.

A:Solved: Motherboard/Sound Driver? Tosh Sat Pro...

Look at the model under the laptop and then use this link.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-sound-driver-tosh-sat-pro.703050/
Relevancy 51.17%

I need a sound card driver for a MSI KT2 Combo-L motherboard, VIA KT266A & am very confused as to what codec I need to download & where I can download it from... Can anyone help me please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-need-sound-card-driver-for-msi-kt2-combo-l-motherboard.379987/
Relevancy 50.74%

I upgraded my os from XP on my year old hardware to windows x and had an impossible time figuring out how to solve my NO SOUND issue The green bars would jump around on the volume indicator when playing media but no sound would come out gigabyte motherboard sound x64 7 GA965P-S2 problem SOLVED, no Windows of my speakers I found a lot of people asking the same question online with very few answers and none that worked for me After installing several different drivers I ended up downloading the one at this link http www realtek com tw downloads downloadsCheck aspx Windows 7 x64 no sound problem SOLVED, gigabyte GA965P-S2 motherboard which is the HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODECS software not the AC' driver After installing this I rebooted went to system gt sound gt and looked for the installed realtek control software in the sound folder This opens the program which allows you to make adjustments Windows 7 x64 no sound problem SOLVED, gigabyte GA965P-S2 motherboard to your sound On the right corner there is a diagram of the six input jacks that are on your motherboard I clicked on the grey highlighted one where the speaker jack was plugged in to and selected HEADPHONE instead of whatever it was set to Instantly I had sound I realize now that you need to select the specific output type for every jack that is being used Since I and probably most people use a single stereo plug for those cheap little pc speakers the headphone selection is the only one that will produce sound All the other options refer to a specific speaker location in a surround sound setup and won't produce sound using the single stereo jack This fix may not be contingent on downloading the above specific codec software but I was only able to adjust the output type after installing the one i linked above If you can adjust the output without downloading the codec I suggest you try it first I hope this helps someone out

A:Windows 7 x64 no sound problem SOLVED, gigabyte GA965P-S2 motherboard

Thank you. Will reply when I've tested.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/300360-windows-7-x64-no-sound-problem-solved-gigabyte-ga965p-s2-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently I purchased a Asus H-81 gamer and married it to 2x4 gb Cosair modules, a Celeron G1840 processor and a Seagate 500 gb SATA III Hdd and when Itried to load the XP system the computer said that the HDD was corrupted. what am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.1158299/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a ASUS M A Motherboard I now have motherboard help M3A Asus a BIG problem that I need some advice on Surrounding the white CPU AMD Athlon socket is a black support ring screwed into the motherboard that the CPU fan heat-sink attaches to The metal clips on the fan heat-sink fit on Asus M3A motherboard help small tabs on the edge of the black ring to hold it down The black ring is plastic And because of this one of the plastic quot tabs quot that the metal CPU fan heat-sink clips onto broke off Because of this I can t hook clip the heat-sink to this support Asus M3A motherboard help ring I am trying to use epoxy to glue the tab back on but do not know if this will hold I contacted ASUS and they said the MB is not in stock anymore Does anyone know if I can just replace this black support ring I really don t want to replace the motherboard All I need is the small black ring that supports the heat-sink fan over the CPU Would anyone have this board and does not need this part I am up the creak without a paddle guys Any help Scott nbsp

A:Asus M3A motherboard help

Never mind.. found one here:

Never mind.. found one here: http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/retention-hardware.html :grinthumb:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m3a-motherboard-help.172728/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone use the Asus P3C-E motherboard? Good, Bad, Other
wise? Need your comments, please Thanks

A:Asus Motherboard

There are plenty of reviews out there....Look it up on google.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.62057/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just installed the ASUS board.
I'm getting an "i" in device manager for:
1) Ethernet Controller
2) PCI Simple Communications Controller
3) Unknown device

I have the DVD, but NOT sure where or if the drivers reside on this disk as No
Table of Contents is provides only directories with "obsure" names.
Windows Update cannot find a driver for the above.

Any help appreciated.

A:ASUS Motherboard H97 Plus

Hi Drivers are in the Link below ...
Motherboard - H97-PLUS - ASUS

Install the Lan Driver and the Chipset

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/354738-asus-motherboard-h97-plus.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi, my partner has a m2ns/nvm/s motherboard and for some reason has lost the disk... obviously he didnt tell me this before formatting, i was wondering if anybody knew where to download the drivers for it, i have tried several myself, but they arnt correct, thanks.

mobo: m2ns/nvm/s (he needs, all the drivers)

A:asus motherboard

Asus support site?

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.831589/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a asus motherboard and am having some problems.
Does ASUS have a tech help department?
I have sent numerous e-mails to [email protected] with no reply.
I can not find a phone number for the USA either.

Relevancy 48.59%

how many vga on board asus p5gl-mx, p5s800 sis 661
plz answer emergently!

A:MOTHERBOARD asus

Why don't you look for yourself ?
Asus p5gl-mx
Asus p5s800

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-asus.43006/
Relevancy 48.59%

i just bought this motherboard from a a friend of mine, he does not remember when took the board out, what the sequence of the power led, power sw, reset sw, and the speaker leads went. this k7m is not the same like the others. everthing is different. what can i do. i need a little help if someone can help thank you.

Relevancy 48.59%

Put in new Asus motherboard with Athlon Xp processor The hard drive I have was already loaded with Windows XP and worked perfectly with old motherboard and processor The new system Asus in new Put motherboard will not recognize the hard drive It will see it in Put in new Asus motherboard cmos but will not allow access to it Even if I try to boot from Windows XP cd it will go only as far as it begins to copy to hard drive and then it freezes up When I try to boot from the hard drive the system tries and then simply reboots comes up to the screen where it wants you to choose whether to start windows normally or safe mode Whatever option is chosen it tries and then automatically reboots back to the same screen What am I missing HW System Type Desktop Tower Operating System Windows XP Processor Type AMD Ammount of RAM MB Hard Drive Capacity GB Video Card Manufacturer ATI Internet Connection Speed k Monitor Size quot Printer Manufacturer Cannon Printer Type Ink Jet CD-ROM x Scanner Network Card Mbps nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

is there a better..

motherboard rather than asus? just curious...

A:is there a better motherboard than asus?

It's all a matter of opinion, there is no "better" motherboard. One company's board has several great features and other less great features, missing features etc that other companys board might make up for but yet have it's own flaws also.

You just have to figure out which board has the features that you need and can take advantage of for, also considering the price, compatibility, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-better-motherboard-than-asus.8852/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys help motherboard ASUS I built my computer and I ASUS motherboard help ve always had a little trouble with it but today it just stopped working I turn it on and the fans start and the lights come on and all that good stuff but nothing happens Normally a voice comes on and tells me that quot system failed VGA test quot or quot system failed memory test quot and then I go and check on those things Now when I start it up I don t get a voice and the computer just runs but nothing happens I ve tried taking out the RAM and starting it up because normally it will just shut itself off if there s no RAM but not anymore I ve taken out the video card the RAM the HD and all three at the same time but the computer keeps on running instead of just shutting itself off or giving me an error message I know I have an ASUS motherboard but I don t know the exact model I can probably find out if that helps So any ideas on what s wrong I d really rather not pay some guy to fix my year old computer Thanks a bunch nbsp

A:ASUS motherboard help

It could be a motherboard problem. If it has told you that it failed both a VGA test and a RAM test, you can assume that it is not those components at fault. Do you have another motherboard to test in it?

You might also try testing the power supply, but I doubt that is the culprit.

Lastly, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-help.71577/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently bought an Asus A V-VM SE Motherboard It arrived today I quickly installed it into my case inserted the new AMD Athlon X dual core processor and heat sink I connected the cases wires for power button reset button HD LED PWR LED and Speaker to the motherboard I wanted to do a quick test the reason I got the new motherboard was because my old one died or at least I m hoping it did I plugged in the power cable to the PSU The green light of happiness turned on on my mobo So far so good I hit the Power button on my Case and nothing happens nothing at all I ve double checked to make sure the wiring is correct it is I ve swapped reset button with power button just in case Still didn t work I even wondered if the motherboard was too clever So I installed everything else into the motherboard RAM GPU all other cables etc Still Nothing Also got out my old PSU still workng and tried that The green light on the motherboard came on but still nothing worked through use of the power button Should I presume this motherboard is DOA or is there anything else someone might want to suggest that could help I ve tried to please. Asus DOA? Help Motherboard be as detailed as possible And any suggestions are welcome Thank You in advance nbsp

A:Asus Motherboard DOA? Help please.

What size is your power supply? You may just need a 450-500 watt power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-doa-help-please.73627/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I happened to have an old motherboard lying around, so I decided to make a computer out of it. The problem that arose was that I attached a 12v molex connector to two wires with another connector which leads to these pins that usually you would attach the case power and HDD Light and Power Light. When I did this I booted up and the board would not start. I know I did something wrong, that I fed it 12v, and possibly might have fired it. Any clue to how I could get it running again???

Here is the .pdf for the motherboard manual http://www.solorb.com/gsale/p2bf-103.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p2b-f-motherboard.66520/
Relevancy 48.59%

ANYONE out there who has built a PC designed specifically for Home Media usage EG: movies, photos, etc ( not gaming) using a ASUS Intel motherboard 775, CPU E8400, P35, XP PRO, as I'm unsure which board might be the best all rounder.

thanks.

A:asus motherboard

Have you chosen the computer case you are going to use yet?

For a home media PC, the one defining factor is available "space". (meaning how large of a computer case are you going to use?)

A smaller case may limit you a Micro ATX or smaller MB, low-profile video/audio card or integrated video/audio, low profile CPU heatsink/fan, etc. A smaller case will also mean a lower power PSU which may also limit your choice of other parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.759096/
Relevancy 48.59%

i m using ASUS P4V533-MX motherboard.i want to know that is there hotkey on the startup(starting computer) to select the hard drives to boot the operating systems, without entering in the bios settings.
like i had intel D84GEBV2 motherboard and i used F10 key to access the option to boot form the available drives.

A:Help Regarding ASUS(motherboard)

F8 is what I think you are looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-regarding-asus-motherboard.334361/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hopeing someone can help
Built my first box with above motherboard and found supplied cd not compatible with vista business 32bit. Searched ASUS website. Found that they have a listing for Vista. Dowloaded and installed. Everything working except for "device driver not installed" for simple PCI controller. Searched for more drivers but can't find one. Anyone else had same problem or can anyone suggest a solution. When I try to update the driver, vista cannot find a driver on the web, installation cd, or the folder that I have downloaded the new software too!!

Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey First of all I would like to thank brindle for your help with the first problem I had I dl d the everest program and it worked great gave me all the info I was needing And help Getting my asus with motherboard I Getting help with my asus motherboard didn t know how to post the message to the thread here for others to see I m still a newbie to this forum thread thing and still trying to learn how to use Getting help with my asus motherboard it So please be patient with me Ok here is my situation I have found I have the asus P L -S motherboard With a Pentium II processor and LX AGPset I have all the specs I needed to get help but the asus website is not helping me I got this computer from a yard sale don t laugh its newer then the one I had And it was built by someone not a company I didn t get any manuals or install cds for the motherboard and graphics card and that is what I am needing in order to fix the bios and scsi things going on with this And I don t know what a socket is in reference to I see some of you know what it is and how to figure out what the number is for motherboards If I knew that maybe I could dl the bios and stuff I am needing to get the motherboard set up right any suggestions will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

hey guys, i just re-installed Windows XP SP3 on this machine running the A8N-E and i can't find the LAN driver or the general drivers anywhere. i came across this: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us but it doesn't have the full drivers or anything for the LAN to work.

i know there are sites out there that have the drivers, but these seem dodgy or illegimate with viruses. are there decent sites out there?

thanks

A:ASUS A8N-E Motherboard

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=DzbA8hgqchMBOVRz&templete=2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8n-e-motherboard.936752/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone.Could anyone point me in the direction of a diagram of an Asus P4S800 motherboard as I need to reinstall front USB and powerbutton wires from front of computer box to circuit board.

Long story of how they became diconnected.

p.s we have mislaid our manual.

Thanks.
Darren.

A:Asus Motherboard help

Asus has a pretty good site, and these files are easy to find:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=P4S800&SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-help.701868/