Windows Support Forum

Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow

Q: Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow

OK the problem we are having is we have this really old accounting software We were running all Windows machines before upgrading to XP last week The way the software works is that it is installed individually on each computer but it points to Database File Old XP, Server, to Software, Upgrade Runs on slow a mapped network drive on another XP pro quot file server Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow quot to get the database information such as customer list etc On the quot file server quot the program opens closes switches users etc fast On the machines it worked fast as well The problem is that right now the other workstations are extremely slow when opening the software closing the software and switching company names we have two company profiles on this software Once you are in the software it is fine Any idea what may be causing this and how to fix it Here are the basic specs XP Pro machines File server has an AMD X Processor GB memory XP Pro GB Hard drive Workstations have AMD processor mb gb hard drive xp pro All are set to automatically obtain IPs from the router Let me know if you have any other questions about our setup and if you have any suggestions Thanks alot guys nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow

An update for you. We put back in the old 98 server and left the other 5 XP workstations and it worked fine. What is wrong with XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-software-database-on-file-server-upgrade-to-xp-runs-slow.565404/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm looking for an SQL server solution that runs on XP for testing purposes. I know MS makes a free one but I can't get it to install and I frankly have a bias against MS when it comes to mission critical programs. I've just been let down too many times by programs with too many entanglements into the OS. MS seems to feel that because they know the OS backwards and forwards that they should then entangle any app into the OS's deep settings.

Anyway, I'm looking for pretty much anything. It can cost money as I'm happy to play with a demo for awhile.

A:Looking for SQL server software not made by MS that runs on XP

Search on the opensource boards for the free SQL there is one other than MS version. MySQL from Sun Systems, Another one is called JSQL (opensource)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-sql-server-software-not-made-by-ms-that-runs-on-xp.112287/
Relevancy 67.94%

Due to sudden power failure issues; one of my SQL server database seems to have problem. I have tried detaching and attaching it again but getting SQL server error message 5172. It looks like my database is corrupt.

Can anyone suggest any tips/methods that help me in extracting data from my corrupt SQL server database?

A:How to recover SQL server database from corrupt mdf file?

Interesting. Word for word posted in this forum back in May 2015

https://community.spiceworks.com/to...ver-sql-server-database-from-corrupt-mdf-file

and this one 1 month ago.

@V_R @muckshifter

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-recover-sql-server-database-from-corrupt-mdf-file.4069589/
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok here is the issue one of my friend's is having. They have a small network of 6 XP machines. One machine is designated the "server" even though they are all just on a workgroup. Anyways, they just upgraded from 98 to XP on this accounting software they have. The way the software works is that the software is installed on each computer individually but the database is on the "server." The problem they are having now is that to open, close, and to changes between companies (they have two separate companies in this software that they do the accounting for) it takes alot longer than it should on the workstations but on the "server" it runs smoothly. Somewhere the connection between the two is slow or something. It worked fine with 98 though. Any ideas as to what is wrong or how to fix this? Thanks guys.

A:Database on mapped drive, upgrade to XP, slow program

Ok I just tested copying a 70MB file from the "server" to a PC and it took only 7 seconds about. So that is 10 Mb/s. This program should be running alot faster than that. Any clue what this may be caused by? One thing is that IPX/SPX NetBEUI was on the 98 machine and not on XP. Does this matter? Help!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/database-on-mapped-drive-upgrade-to-xp-slow-program-151901.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a small business with two computers running an appointment booking software. On my #2 computer - anytime I try to retrieve data or do basic task such as bookings, point of sale, etc. takes forever. I thought my #2 computer (being older) was slowing down and ready to be replaced -not the case. When we put a new one on the network the software still runs as slowly as before. It was not always like this - #2 seems to get slower and slower as our data base expands on #1.

In my task manager I get big processer spikes (25-35%) when it is trying to perform ordinary commands.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:LAN shared software runs slow

Spikes of 25 to 35% is nothing. What are your computers connected to for your network? Are you using switches or hubs? Switches are generally faster. Do you have the same make and model NIC in each computer? I would also recommend using 3Com or Intel. Your cabling can also have a big impact on network speed. If they are crappy cables or home made ones they can cause connectivity and speed problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-shared-software-runs-slow.721461/
Relevancy 64.93%

I've had my xp for few years now, it only has 256 MB of ram, it runs very slow even after I re-install it, so I'm sure it's not the malwares that is slowing it down. it takes about 3 mins just to open internet explorer. I didn't install any protection program cuz it would become extreme slow if I do. I'm about to add 1 gb of ram (total 1280 MB) to see if it helps to boost my computer's performance, should I really do that? thx for the advice

A:Computer runs slow, need advice on ram upgrade

Yikes! Only 256MB Ram? I'll bet it's sure running slow!

Advise you start by going to www.crucial.com. Allow them to scan your computer and they'll provide info on what you currently got and what type of memory options are available

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-runs-slow-need-advice-on-ram-upgrade.137260/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Guys,

Im trying to write some code that will copy my access database , tables and data to a new sql server database, ive got the code to create the sql database but i need to populate it from my application

Any answers would be grateful

Thanks
Mark

A:Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Google: import access to sql server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-an-access-database-to-sql-server-database-using-vb-net.1045442/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, my wife's computer runs erratically (shutsdown, freezes, runs slow, fails to post), and was hoping for your help please.

Below are the PC specs:

Win edition:
- Win 7 home premium
- Service Pack1

System:
- Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
- Installed memory (RAM): 8 GB
- System Type: 64-bit OS

Background: We recently upgraded osfrom XP to Windows 7 but had many of the same peoblems before.
- big fan of CCleaner and Glary tools.

thx in advance!

Lou

A:Computer runs erratically - shutsdown, freezes, runs slow, fails to post

Hi

Welcome to the bleeping computer forum 

Unfortunately, intermittent issues are one of the difficult fault to troubleshoot. Please follow the below steps to collect some basic info about your system.

1 ) Generate a report about your system using Speccy by reading the guide below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Post the web link displayed by Speccy in next reply.

2 ) Download and run Minitoolbox from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply

After reading your logs, either me or any other forum volunteer will assist to you to diagnose the issue.

Edit:

Don't ever use the registry cleaning function in CCleaner or Glary utilities. Only use them to clean the temp files. Using registry cleaners may cause unpredictable damage to the registry. If anyone properly knows which registry keys are garbage, that is only Microsoft. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498235/computer-runs-erratically-shutsdown-freezes-runs-slow-fails-to-post/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all Where I work we have several servers Our DC is probably pushing years old at least voicemail server security camera server File Servers and our quot tower of power quot which is Compaq Evos which serve as our WebCTRL servers and FTP server We have GB of storage between the file servers and are down to less than GB free space total We have recently purchased a new Large Format scanner and started an initiative to start storing everything paperless which has to Storage Looking upgrade File Server really cut down on the free space drastically and brought up the need for more storage I was looking at options and wanted to know which people here thought was the best I will also tell which I was planning on going with and would like to know if you think that is the Looking to upgrade File Server Storage right way to go All options are for an additional TB of storage with the ability to add more in the future if needed empty drive bays Our first option is to go the way we have always gone in the past and get a new server I don t think that is best but I Looking to upgrade File Server Storage could be wrong because we would only be using it as a file server and not running programs off of it Option two is a NAS Looking to upgrade File Server Storage but I don t know very much about those so I m not sure if that would be a good option or not The third option is the one I was leaning toward and that is a DAS specifically the Dell PowerVault MD with PowerVault T autoloader for backup tapes I m really new to all of this so I would appreciate any comments you can give and suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I have a client with a tricked out Dell xps Studio GB memory who is suffering with very long times to print Even sending a printer test page from within windows Vista home premium takes about seconds before the sent notice appears on the screen The printer is a Epson Stylus Photo large format printer No other programs running but background stuff kept to a minimum I have tried shutting down the spooler and printing direct but it is slow as well I loaded and ran Process Explorer from Sysinternals and the only thing out of the ordinary is the constant opening running and ending of runs.... Slow stops dllhost.exe print runs and to dllhost exe This occurs every few seconds and lasts only for a few seconds I know there are discussions in posts elsewhere in the forums of the possible impostor DLLHOST EXE and when I left the client s I had set MS Security Essentials to run a full scan to see if it would find anything but I have not yet been to see the results Does anyone else have any ideas on this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-to-print-and-dllhost-exe-runs-stops-runs.964936/
Relevancy 57.19%

i have been using application(Visual Basic 6) in my office which uses SQL Server 7.0,now i wants to install windows 7 in my pc,i would like to know whether sql server 7.0 database can be restored in sql server 2008.pls guide me how to do the same

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/migrating-sql-server-7-database-to-sql-server-2008-a-592135.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys!

Do you know of any server-client type of program/software (shareware/licensed) that allows users (intranet/internet) to view add, edit, delete files/folders? The server application must also accommodate dynamic IP while the client side must involve minimum configurations.

It would also be great if it includes a discussion interface - chat, boards, etc.

Thank you very much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-client-file-sharing-software-program.921763/
Relevancy 56.76%

Guys,

AVG's server is REALLY REALLY slow today. It times out and I can't get today's AV update. There is according to the website, (which also opens slow so it is definitely on their end) two updates for a new version coming out. One is being released today, the next is being released October 24. According to AVG, a system restart will be required after the October 24th (new version) update. With so many people doing the update, this is probably why it is really slow today.

Jack

Relevancy 55.9%

Niot sure what happened just one day without downloading anything my inter net slowed way Computer Runs Fast, Slow Runs Net down I went from Computer Runs Fast, Net Runs Slow getting around - K s to - K s went through and deleted a lot of unused unwanted programs Computer Runs Fast, Net Runs Slow cleaned cache history ect using AVG updates every hours and scans every day nothing found except tracking cookies from IE which get deleted daily Home built system running Windows XP Home on a DSL internet wired through a Netlink Router if you need any other info just let me know here is the log I gotLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files iWin Games iWinGamesInstaller exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Documents and Settings Eric Desktop putty exeC Program Files BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home sweetim comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO IEHlprObj Class - CA ED -F FB- -A - E - C PROGRA IWINGA IWINGA DLL file missing O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot trayO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe quot O - HKLM Run JMB X IDE Setup C WINDOWS RaidTool xInsIDE exeO - HKLM Run amd dc opt C Program Files AMD Dual-Core Optimizer a... Read more

A:Computer Runs Fast, Net Runs Slow

Hello, Redneck1781. to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get back to you. We on the HJT Team are working as fast as possible to get your log answered.If you would still like help, please post a new HiJack This log below, as things may have changed on your system.If you do not still need help, please let me know, so that I can move on to other users who still need help.Please take note of the following:While a HJT Team member is working with you, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170882/computer-runs-fast-net-runs-slow/
Relevancy 55.47%

We are attempting to upgrade our version of HP Device Manager from version to version nbsp however it always fails on the upgrade database portion of the install nbsp It does not give me any reason for the fail nbsp just a database upgrade device hp manager upgrade failing to dialog bos that says Upgrade Failed nbsp I have also tried creating a new database and then importing the old database into the new database nbsp but this also fails nbsp nbsp Any ideas nbsp Is there hp device manager upgrade failing to upgrade database some logs with more details somewhere that I am missing nbsp Cant troubleshoot much with just Upgrade Failed nbsp heres the installer log hp device manager upgrade failing to upgrade database output output nbsp - - INFO Start HPDM installation uninstallation - - INFO No command-line parameters is set Install HPDM with interactive UI - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp FC wbr E - CF - B - - CE F F QueryLogonUser cmd - - INFO Install HPDM - - INFO A previous HPDM exists in the machine - - INFO Start HPDM installation uninstallation - - INFO No command-line parameters is set Install HPDM with interactive UI - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A QueryLogonUser cmd - - INFO Install HPDM - - INFO A previous HPDM exists in the machine - - INFO D hpdm - - INFO HPDM Console is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Server is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Gateway is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Master Repository Controller is selected to be installed - - INFO There exists a folder named Repository back up it - - INFO Setup Type Custom - - INFO Start to copying HPDM installation files to destination path - - INFO Upgrade is selected starting to uninstall previous services - - INFO Preparing to stop processes and stop uninstall previous services - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM Console exe T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F FI WINDOWTITLE eq HP Device Manager FI IMAGENAME eq java T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM GatewayControl exe T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM ServerControl exe T - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmpxe - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute net stop MasterRepositoryController - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmserver - - INFO Successfully execute net stop HPDM PostgreSQL - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmpxe - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete MasterRepositoryController - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmserver - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete HPDM PostgreSQL - - INFO Finish to stop processes and stop uninstall previous services - - WARN Removing C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager JVM - - ERROR Failed to remove the folder C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager JVM - - INFO HPDM installation files have been copied to destination path - - INFO Start to configure HPDM - - INFO D hpdm - - INFO set configure file path hpdm - - INFO Configure file path C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager MasterRepositoryController Controller conf - - INFO Preparing to configure HPDM components - - INFO Launch Configuration Wizard in custom mode - - INFO Launch Configuration Wizard successfully Return code - - INFO Successfully configure HPDM components - - INFO Preparing to initialize HPDM Database - - INFO Launch DBSetup application in custom mode - - INFO Launch DBSetup applica... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/hp-device-manager-upgrade-failing-to-upgrade-database/td-p/5718511
Relevancy 55.47%

We upgraded our File Server Domain Controller from Windows 2000 Server to Server 2003.
Share access used to be really quick.
Now there are a couple of seconds between access to shares.
If you are moving a few levels throughout shares, this becomes problematic.
Does anyone know of any documents that explain the exact process the OS goes through to access a share?
Could it be the new security settings that Windows 2003 employs add a few seconds of overhead to accessing that share?

A:Upgrade from Win2K to Windows 2003 Server-share access slow

http://techrepublic.com.com/

May want to try this site out. I use them all the time, you may need to do a free registration.

Great forums.

Good luck and let me know if it helped you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-from-win2k-to-windows-2003-server-share-access-slow.393056/
Relevancy 54.18%

Dell Dimension E510 running Windows XP (service pack 3).

I bought this desktop computer about a week ago off of Craigslist. I was running late that day so I didnt get to ask much more than I already stated. When I used it the first week it was slow but tolerable. As the days passed the speed slowed even more to programs not even responding. I also would like to erase all the user information and settings so I can start new with a decent working PC. My knowledge in computer software and program procedures etc. Just let me know if you need more specific information.

A:Windows XP runs slow...if it runs at all!

If you bought that Dell Dimension E510 desktop from Craig's List and it still contains all the programs and "debris" and issues from its previous owner, you need to do a clean reinstall of Windows XP SP3 and get a fresh start with it.

What's the 7-character "service tag" number on one of the stickers?

What's the complete version of Windows XP that's on the Microsoft Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker that has the product key?

Were you given any discs with that desktop?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-runs-slow-if-it-runs-at-all.1096802/
Relevancy 53.75%

slow file transfer from my windows home server with Norton AV installed.

check out the link:

Slow file transfer from my Windows home server - Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus - Norton Community

A:slow file transfer from my windows home server with Nor

Is this a question?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/25569-slow-file-transfer-my-windows-home-server-nor.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I found out that I can't mount my .mds files. Then, I suspect that it is because my .mdf files are now associated with my SQL Server 2005. Meaning, the icon is the icon of the SQL Server program. But when I tried opening it, it gives me the "Open With" window.

How can I make it a "alone" file? (The icon is just a white page).

A:SQL Server Database associated with .mdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazua

I found out that I can't mount my .mds files. Then, I suspect that it is because my .mdf files are now associated with my SQL Server 2005. Meaning, the icon is the icon of the SQL Server program. But when I tried opening it, it gives me the "Open With" window.

How can I make it a "alone" file? (The icon is just a white page).

What do you mean by "alone file"?

And right click on a .mds file , Properties, General, and next to "type of file" click on CHANGE.

And then scroll to the desired program you want to associate the file with and then that program will open those files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sql-server-database-associated-with-mdf-250935.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently re-formatted my Sony VAIO since it was starting to run super slow. Now that I re-installed Windows 7 on it through recovery disks, it worked fined for about a day but then the problem came back. The computer is slow at bootup and runs super slow while freezing so many times. I am running it on safe mode right now and its working fine.

I ran hardware diagnostics and everything is fine (Memory, Hard Disk etc.)

I installed Norton Antivirus and Windows Live Messenger after the re-install.

Please help me.

A:Computer runs really slow in normal mode, but runs fine in safe mode

anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235646-computer-runs-really-slow-normal-mode-but-runs-fine-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey everyone I stumbled upon this site while searching for the answer to my problem So thanks for taking a look and for any input you can provide File Software Transfers 3 Raid Slow - I am using Windows Server on a machine with the following Athlon xp gb ddr Netcell raid card as a file server I set up software raid Software Raid 3 - Slow File Transfers with gb hard drives using the Netcell application I would have preferred hardware raid but hey I do what I can Anyway the thing has been working fine for over years but in the past few months I have been noticing abysmal transfer rates Transfer rates over my gigabit network are less than mb s when transferring to or from the raid array When transferring to or from the C drive the speeds are as quick as can be expected Transferring from the C drive to the raid array is equally painstaking so I have ruled out a network problem Additionally the array is free of fragmented files My raid array is at capacity Could this be causing the problem This problem is making things like burning DVD s transferring video files and editing pictures a real problem Can you guys think of any thing Ben nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

slow file transfer from my windows home server with Norton AV installed.

check out the link:

Slow file transfer from my Windows home server - Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus - Norton Community

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/248583-slow-file-transfer-my-windows-home-server-norton-av-installed.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone help please with a solution that wont cost or confirm if he has to payout for help from Acer or buy a whole new OS Forgive me if you have answered this time and time again and if so please forward me to the thread I had a quick look and didnt see any threads on this but I have been tring to resolve this for hours for a friend who is panicking he is a step away from being a technophobe and I also need to get on with my own work After having problems with his system and licence 0cx004e002, inconsistant with software Error software code licence database doing a Vista system restore this error as in the title of the thread comes up when my friend tries to log in the wording of the error may not be quite right though the code is correct I looked at the microsoft website but it wasn't there in the error search The closest error Error code 0cx004e002, software licence inconsistant with software licence database is quot The Software Licensing Service reported that that the licensing evaluation failed quot It is an Acer desktop and when I asked Acer for help they said the system should have been restored using their system restore and it would now cost my friend and take three weeks to get restore disks to him

A:Error code 0cx004e002, software licence inconsistant with software licence database

Well thanks for the help, it was sure nice to get some advice

All I wanted to know was if there was any other avenue my friend could go down to get his problem sorted other than having to fork out ?100 for a new OS or ?48 (and wait 3 weeks) to get the Acer restore disks sent out. I did follow the sticky thread on authenticating Vista which guided me to system properties to click the authenticate button/tab to try to re-authenticate the user key BUT I cold not find the autheticate button/tab and so I couldnt even carry out those instructions.

Surely if my firend has had this problem with his Acer desktop then others will have too. Its easy to expect that if you have Windows Vista you should be able to use the restore function that is their for you protection built into the OS without locking it up and having to pay Acer ?48 to get it sorted because you didnt know you had to use their restore function.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-code-0cx004e002-software-licence-inconsistant-with-software-licence-database-356603.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Alright so today i replaced my dad s powersupply and got an quot Error Loading OS quot Message Vista, loads slow, slow runs installed slow, for his system when it previously had XP on it So i said forget messing with it ill just put vista on it and call it a day After putting the vista disk in it seemed to go pretty slow compaired to how it was on mine But in the end it took about hr to hr and to install completely After installing it took forever to do Vista, installed slow, loads slow, runs slow the first boot up and after it booted i could not move the mouse more than one direction every minutes or so The system would apparently freeze or become completely bogged down for no reason So this is a fresh install of Vista on a fairly good machine Any reason why it is running as though it has the worst specs in the world PS It runs fine in Safe Mode The System configuration is as follows OS Vista Ultimate bit MoBo Asus P NSLI Processor Intel Core Duo E Graphics Cards Nvidia GT x SLI Hard Drives various one one g one g RAM gigs of corsair or something of the form namebrand to say the least I Cant think of what else might help it is doing this for NO REASON what so ever that i can find nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Running older PC Clone Ghz Dual CPU Pentium Computer slow Internet runs Slow, slow, Applications GB Ram Win XP Home Edition Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow system While navigation on Internet Explorer or Google Chrome system runs extrememly slow and or crashes When using applications such as Itunes Email or simply opening up Word and other applications it runs very slow and almost seems to stop The IE that was on the computer had changed to an operate with add-ons off as a result of the infection I downloaded and reinstalled IE and this seems to have fixed that problem Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow for the time being MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpy icons dissappeared from my desktop When trying to use them from the Start Menu options the programs no longer worked I reinstalled them and they appear to work fine now However the system still seems to Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow run very slow over all and its performance is greatly hindered Next I ran free version of SuperAntiSpyware and all it detected was a couple Adware cookies Secondly I ran free version of Malware Bytes Anti-Malware and it detected PUP GamePlayLab infections located in the Registry Key HKLM SOFTGWARE Microsoft Windows These files were removed and quarantined by MWB Thirdly I ran Old Timer s TFC and then rebooted the computer and it appeared to run a little faster but still sluggish while using IE So finally I ran ESET Free Online Scanner and it detected quot Win Toolbar Babylon and Win TopMedia a quot virus infections Scan took about hours I set it to search the drives archives and remove found threats ESET Scanner message stated that the files have been removed and quarantined Due to the nature and complexity and severity of the threats found by the free ESET Online Scanner I am not certain that my system on this computer is completely free of viruses infections at this time Although some of the performance and speed are a little better now the system is still a bit sluggish and I do not feel safe to conduct any banking or internet purchases on this computer until I can feel confident that the system is clean Any assistance you folks can provide me will be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Computer runs Slow, Internet slow, Applications slow

Hello, lets look a bit more.Please DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it. Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan results.>>>>>>>>Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.>>>>>>> Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Finally...MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474032/computer-runs-slow-internet-slow-applications-slow/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have experience with MS Exchange Server 2013 for two years. But today I have seen - Corrupted header information, when I opened program. How did it happen? What to do?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54187-microsoft-exchange-server-database.html
Relevancy 52.03%

What is the bad reason behind SQL server corruption and how can I resolve it after MDF files corruption.? i want read about more information about this SQL sever corruption and how to fix errors and recover MDF files.

A:Bad reason of SQL server database corruption and how can fix...

There are many reasons that will cause SQL Server database corruptions, including: 1. Hardware failure, such as disk failure, power interruption, etc.2. Software problems, such as defections in SQL Server itself, malware, virus, etc.3. Human misoperations. When SQL Server corruptions occurs, then the possible solutions are based on the situation: 1. If the corruption is not severe, then you can use the SQL Server build-in command DBCC CheckDB to correct the errors. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176064.aspx 2. If the corruption is severe, then you may try some third party tools such as DataNumen SQL Recovery to scan and recover the data from your corrupted MDF and NDF database files. Good luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bad-reason-of-SQL-server-database-corruption-and-how-can-fix/td-p/3735806
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

We have system for our work that uses a web/application server and a database server. Around 150 people use this application and the data stored are usually text, ms office documents, pdf files and images. Suppose that about 50 people are using the system at any given time, what do you think will need better hardware specs, the database server or the web/application server?

Could you give any recommendations for the hardware specs? Like cpu, ram? A friend of mine suggested that it would be good to use the nVidia Tesla GPU for parallel processing. Is this a good idea or is this going a bit overboard?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-specs-for-database-server.1050157/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed SQL EXPRESS Management Tools but I cannot get it to do anything.

If I try to create a new database, I just get an error saying "Access to the database file is not allowed".

Also the object browser screen ( on the left ) is completely empty.

I have no existing files to connect to.

How do I get started ?

A:SQL SERVER EXPRESS 2008 will not allow New Database

Perhaps some help for you here:

Getting Started wiht SQL Server 2008 Express

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/206499-sql-server-express-2008-will-not-allow-new-database.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi ppl I have a pretty specific problem I m a total newbie on Express Server SQL database to Server SQL Moving 2005 2005 databases so I hope one of you can help I m upgrading an application on a corporate server which use a SQL database They already have SQL Server installed on the host for other purposes but at the time of the original install the app I m upgrading only supported SQL Express so they had to install it on the same host and create a new database The new upgrade supports the full-blown server and the wish is to move the database from the Express instance to the server As I said the Moving SQL Server 2005 Express database to SQL Server 2005 two SQL installations reside on the same host and updating the app with the new database details should be easy So I guess I m wondering if there is an easy way to merge or import the quot old quot Express instance or preferrably only the database I need Their db-guy is out of town and I really have to get this upgrade done halp They use Management Studio to manage both instances thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Moving SQL Server 2005 Express database to SQL Server 2005

Hey there, welcome to TSG

Are you trying to port the database or the server configuration? If it's just the database, you should be able to create a dump of it and import it into the new server. I don't know how to do that with SQL Server, but you could probably Google "SQL Server 2005 database dump" and find some relevant material. If it's the server config, is there an .INI or .CONF file you can copy over?

I guess I'm not being much help because I have no experience with SQL Server, but in general a database port should be simple enough as long as both engines support the same data types. There should be very little push-up to get from 2005 Server Express to 2005 Server Enterprise.

Here seems to be a pertinent link to a Google Answers thread:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=781934​Is there help documentation for Management Studio? I'm sure there is a built-in utility to handle imports and exports.

HTH

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-sql-server-2005-express-database-to-sql-server-2005.682452/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a computer science project to do which includes a database

well i want to make a database of which the records can be found by bar code and i don`t know which software to use is SQL ok?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-database-software.386690/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have a friend with a garage business mot s tyres etc and he has an old ms dos type database system on there At the end of the day he has to transfer the days business details onto a floppy and put it on the House PC Obviously this is out dated so he would like to link the house pc to the garage pc and have a dynamic link if you like wel you know what I mean First off I was wondering if anyone knew of a good software package that would do what he wants invoices receipts stock management etc I woulsd also like advice whether he should store the Database Software database on a server on the net or maybe just a server in the garage that the house pc and garage pc could access Or even on the garage pc that the house pc could access Its all a bit vague to me I have a server that I could try it out on but primarily I want the software first Cheers Gus nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Who is using database software that works well, and whatever happened to Q&A?

We store customer information, paint formulae, etc cross-referenced by street address, name, etc. Seems like the old Q&A would have worked well. Any help out there?

A:Database Software

I mostly use Oracle, but I have dabbled with MS Access. Depending on the amount of data you will be tracking and the number of user's in the application it would be fine.

Don't know much about Q&A

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-software.132618/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Guys, I am going to develop database software which will keep records of my school. Here are some hints

1- My school has multiple departments.
2-The items for database are pictures, word files, excel files and big collection of data entry as well.
3-Database will also convert records into MS Excel format as well.

I want help if MS Access is better for developing software or Visual basic will be better option. Thanks for help

Relevancy 52.03%

I was wondering what database software is the easiest to learn? Someone in my office learned Cold Fusion but we are having a hard time finding a server that supports it. So what could we replace it with? Hope this is enough information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-software.164302/
Relevancy 52.03%

What is the best software to use to create a corporate inventory/POS (point of sale) database? I do not want an off-the-shelf package since this has contributed to our current mess.
I am starting out in Access but am not sure if this is the best way to proceed.
I would be recording sales, purchases, trabnsfers, etc. of roughly 65,000 separate SKU's and so the database will be quite large with 40+ users and a million sales invoice lines a year. Can Access handle this traffic?
Thanks.

A:Best Database Software

It probably could, but it would be slow as molasses in the winter. I would suggest you look into either MS SQL Server or Oracle. You can still use Access as a front end (forms and reports), but I would suggest something web based (ASP).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-database-software.143889/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I recently upgraded my HP EliteBook w to windows using the ISO on a USB but I have multiple problems now The file explorer doesn t work and the mousepad freezes sometimes The scroll function on the mousepad doesn t work either and the laptop is a lot slower I ve installed the latest windows updates as well as windows drivers but that didn t help I also ran a sfc scannow and it found corrupt file s but couldn t fix and after won't file etc explorer upgrade 10 Laptop work windows slow them and told me to see CBS log I ll include CBS log here I don t really understand it to find the Laptop slow and file explorer won't work etc after windows 10 upgrade problem myself This didn t fix my problems though Then I ran dism exe online cleanup-image restorehealth with no luck At this point I created a new local account and the file explorer did work on that account but the speed and mousead problems were still there Then I proceeded with running the following in a powershell Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register InstallLocation AppXManifest xml I recieved these errors Add-AppxPackage Deployment failed with HRESULT x D Det gick inte att installera paketet eftersom resurser som ndras av installationen anv nds error x Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft Windows ShellExperienceHost cw n h txyewy App NOTE For additional information look for ActivityId b -e f- -c b-b fe d in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID b -e f- -c b-b fe d At line char s Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register I nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CategoryInfo nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NotSpecified C Windows Syst ppXManifest xml String Add-AppxPackage Exception nbsp nbsp FullyQualifiedErrorId DeploymentError Microsoft Windows Appx PackageManager Commands AddAppxPackageCommandAdd-AppxPackage Deployment failed with HRESULT x D Det gick inte att installera paketet eftersom resurser som ndras av installationen anv nds error x Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft LockApp cw n h txyewy WindowsDefaultLockScreen NOTE For additional information look for ActivityId b -e f- - -b fe d in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID b -e f- - -b fe d At line char s Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register I nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CategoryInfo nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NotSpecified C Windows Syst ppXManifest xml String Add-AppxPackage Exception nbsp nbsp FullyQualifiedErrorId DeploymentError Microsoft Windows Appx PackageManager Commands AddAppxPackageCommandAt this point my only possible solution would be to do a clean install but I can t do that since I need the availability to downgrade to windows again if I can t get windows to work I know I usually can use a windows pro swedish ISO and use my product key to reinstall windows if needed but I can t do that with this laptop as far as I m aware The reason is that I got the laptop through my old school and never got a win pro CD or ISO On top of that I can t download it through microsofts website since I have an OEM product key used on multiple laptops Is there a way to fix this Or a way to reinstall windows pro later so I can try a clean install Thanks in advance

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157552.0.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Let me start by saying that I m a low level tech trying to solve a higher level problem so what may be obvious to some 2003 on 97 Access Database Windows Server people is likely unknown to me We had an access database on a shared folder on a workstation at one of our remote facilities Recently we put a Windows Server machine over there to you guessed it be a server The share and all the files were moved off of the workstation and onto the server The only real change that I noticed Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003 is that when they open any of the files on that drive it now comes up with an Open or Cancel dialogue box This is no problem just an extra step The problem comes when someone is inside a particular database If one person has the file open Windows will not allow a second person to open the Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003 file If they try it just sits there they don t even receive the Open or Cancel dialogue box until the person with the file Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003 open closes it EDIT I should point out that the permissions seem to me anyway to be the same as they used to be Any ideas - Pat nbsp

A:Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003

Pat, check that the users "shortcuts" have not got the "Open Exclusive" set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-97-database-on-windows-server-2003.446743/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using SQL Server 2005 database namely ABC on my office using dynamic port TCP/IP. My server containing static IP address 192.168.1.9 and my router containing 192.168.1.1 IP as gateway and the internet static IP address is 59.90.157.83. Now I want to connect my office database over the internet from my home through ODBC. I have enabled already port forwarded 1433 to server on my router.

Please explain how do I connect my ODBC database .

Thanks and regards

Showkee

A:Solved: Connecting SQL server 2005 Database

This should help:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/thread/1ac018ce-b96d-42ae-ae38-01f9d8c02d95

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connecting-sql-server-2005-database.960182/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
I'm running windows 7 pro machine to share a folder of data bases for few programs we run in the office.
the folders protected by local user permissions and the client computer have a mapped drive based on these credentials.

There is anything else i can do with low budget to secure the server against non-authorize access?
Thank You!

A:hardening database server based on windows 7

Make sure all admin passwords to the database are complex and long.

A lot of the burden for security rests with those applications that access the database. If the applications are buggy, then you won't have a secure database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardening-database-server-based-on-windows-7.981164/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,

I've recently rebuilt a server for our Reports Database, installed SQL Server R2 2008 and updated to SP2. Installed all the preqs. However when restoring our test database, it takes forever to restore, literally hours. Is there something I missed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance

Dre

A:Issue with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2: Database restore

First, investigate the technique being used: A binary image restore of the files OR just a plain SQL REPLACE. The binary restore is not the default, so I am afraid you're into the slow route.
Make sure you are not doing record at a time and are using the batch mode

If there's 1000's of records, ditch the indices:

DELETE all secondary indicies from every table (keep the definitions obviously)
Then RESTORE - - the base tables will fill much faster.

When done, update the schemas to add back the indices, and you can then write
SQL recreate the index data from the base tables.
​Being the SQL-DBA is fun :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-sql-server-2008-r2-sp2-database-restore.207465/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm looking to create a database for a business I'm trying to get up and running. I have Access, but I was wondering if there is better software out there. Also, the database will be online, so I need software that can create a database that will be acessible online. For instance, if I wanted to do a yellowpages kind of thing, someone can input the name in a field, and find a phone number for that name. I'm not doing that, but its just an example of what I need. If there is a "Name" field, and you put in "Joe Blow", it will show you all the numbers for "Joe Blow" on a webpage, etc....
If someone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!
TIA!

A:Just need some advice on database software

daves01902, which version of Access do you have?
Access versions 2000 and later are Web compatible, but you obviously need a Server.
Access is ideal for your business application, especially the searching and I have helped to create dozens of databases fro Posters on here and the VBAX forum, so if you need any help wiht let me know.
I do have point out that I have not done any Web work though, only the Access side. I know how to create the "access Web Pages" but I do not have a web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-need-some-advice-on-database-software.541298/
Relevancy 51.17%

Does anyone know of a database of listing somewhere to quickly and easily identify the thousand millions even Hardware and Software Drivers Windows System Drivers AND Third Party Software Drivers out there I work in IT support mostly remote support but we get a lot of BSOD customers and using Windows Debugger to identify causes of BSOD crashes is super thorough but I guess I'm just HOPING that maybe someone knows of either a database list somewhere or a website with an index of some kind If anyone knows a way other than just googling the sys files from WinDbg and sifting through garbage results for each one please share Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide Does anyone know of a database of listing somewhere to quickly and easily identify the thousand millions even Hardware and Software Drivers Windows System Drivers AND Third Party Software Drivers out there I work in IT support mostly remote support but we get a lot of BSOD customers and using Windows Debugger to identify causes of BSOD crashes is super thorough but I guess I'm just HOPING that maybe someone knows of either a database list somewhere or a website with an index of some kind If anyone knows a way other than just googling the sys files from WinDbg and sifting through garbage results for each one please share Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:Software and Hardware .sys Database?

Try this: Driver Reference Table (DRT)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324531-software-hardware-sys-database.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all

I want to create a database of my movie and music collection, which are both HUGE. I was wondering whats the easiest software to use, Access, Oracle, or is there something better?

TIA!
D

A:Database software questions

If you have Access it is ideal, I have already created a CD/DVD collection database for someone else, which held every CD and every song title by every Artist and his collection was HUGE (697 entries under A in the a;phabet alone). It would be easy to add the Movie section to it.
You are quite welcome to a copy of it or I can modify it for you.

Also Computerman has developed a Movie database, of which there is a copy on the Forum, but it was for lending out the Movies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-software-questions.880205/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I am using a database software which run through foxpro2.6 - unfortunately person who developed this software gone away and hence I can not amend prg files or any simple change in this prgram...Anybody can help on this matter how to break p.w.? and further help how to explore software for making changes in it or any website/literature for beginers study to leanr foxpro and makind database sofwares?...Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foxpro2-6-database-software.777299/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just converted my album collection to my hdd, literally THOUSANDS of cds are now digital...
I need to know if there is any decent software out there that can help me catalog, organize and print a list of my collection. Is there anything like that out there?

A:music database software

A very good freeware music manager is MediaMonkey.

It's a good idea to have a standard naming convention for the files and folders. I keep all the tracks for an artist in an Artist folder and inside that is a folder for each album. The filename I use is Artist - Track Number - Title. Other people don't like all those folders so they use the filename Artist - Album - Track Number - Title and put them all in one folder.

Since I have a large collection I also group artists by genre, so I have Classic Rock - American, Classic Rock - English, Jazz, Blues, Hard Rock-Alternative, Pop, etc. But everybody has a different way of organizing their music, it's whatever makes the most sense to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-database-software.771109/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi folks.
Can anyone reccommend a program that would act as a database and which could be used to produce ID cards / security passes.
As far as I'm aware, each record would need to hold some basic details about the staff member (name, department, job title etc) plus a photo and probably the company logo.

From this database, we'd need to be able to directly print a record and produce an ID card for each individual (which we would then laminate). It would have to be easy to update when new staff were employed.

I imagine this could be done with Access although the number of photographs involved might cause a problem. Surely there must be some dedicated program that can do such a job?

Cheers

Gram

A:ID card / database software

Our firm uses a company called Mitre Finch though it may be a little OTT for your requirements.

It also does Time management, so that our IDcard/swipe card is also a clock card. It provides a realtime record of who is on and off site

It produces various reports and can be used by management to provide holiday management, sickness reports and a lot more.

As I said may be a little OTT, but they may be able to provide a solution that would better suit your needs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/id-card-database-software.126475/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey folks I m hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction Let me preface this question by saying that I and my coworkers have no knowledge of database software Currently my small company uses an Excel spreadsheet as our database However this is obviously very limiting in its abilities What I m looking for is in easy-to-use program that can automatically generate a client ID field For example a typical client ID consists of the last two digits software suggestions? Database of the year followed by a four digit number An example would be It would need to have various fields of data such Database software suggestions? as description of project client address and billing information etc So what we are imagining would be create a new entry that automatically generates the aforementioned ID field and the user simply filled in the rest of the information One hugely limiting factor of an Excel spreadsheet is only one network user can actually use the spreadsheet at a time We would like a program that will allow multiple people to access the information or create entries at the same time An additional feature would be for our staff to have the same capabilities of access and creation from mobile devices such as iPhones or iPads Finally we deal in multiple PDF files for every client An example would be a copy of an invoice laboratory results and a report It would be great to be able to load these files into the database as well so that anyone accessing a particular client information would also have access to these documents as well It MUST be accessible from networked Windows PCs in the office iPhones or remote laptops in the field We do have a small office server if that would be of any help Thank you for following my ramblings and we would greatly appreciate any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-software-suggestions.1156692/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to get some kind of database software for my companies clients. To keep track of their information and to notate issues on their account.

What software is best? I am just starting out so money is an options.

Or is there anyplace on the web that will show me how to create one using Microsoft Access.

Thanks.

A:Database Software Problem

there's a boatload of contact management, sales, managment, etc type of software out there

try browsing the odwnlaod sites like cnet, zdnet etc
you can use www.google.com for a search also

access can do the job too, but osme of the already customized ones might be better

if you have access - it includes a northwoods.mdb file which shows a bunch of different uses

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-software-problem.60843/
Relevancy 51.17%

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with software that would help run a shipping warehouse. I would like to set up a network were everyone can communicate with one another, track incoming and outgoing goods and just in general handle the day to day business of a very busy shipping warehouse.

Ted

A:Shipping Database Software?

Microsoft Access 2000 just happens to come with a "built-in" Inventory Control database that you can customize to make your own. If you don't have someone in-house that can customize it, there are many Access database developers out there. You can even email me for some referrals.

The database can be web-based (you'll have to talk to somebody far better than me for that!) or just stored on your LAN for multiple users. You can set security in Access to keep certain people out of certain parts of the database and everything.

I don't love any software manufacturers. But you'll get a whole lot more support/help with Access than you will with ACT or some of the other ones out there.

Listen, you should never go into a project this way, tho. What you really need to do first is sit down with your people and make a list of all of the capabilities that you want your database to have. You also need some reading and other materials. Go here regardless of the software you might end up using.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] Just remind me who you are if you email. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shipping-database-software.41262/
Relevancy 51.17%

Good day to everyone. Today, I am looking for a "free employee database software", not a trial, and not Open Office. I tried google search for about a day and a half without coming up with anything. All I need is a simple, no frills software. Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks for your time. PS, I am running 98se.

Regards
IMP49

Relevancy 51.17%

Looking for an opinion on the best software for website design and database to fit our needs.

About Us:
Our level of experience is minimal. We understand the basics and will make it work if the software is somewhat user friendly.The software must be non-programmer friendly.

The Website:
Will have roughly 6-10 pages of interface for visitors. When you sign up there will be about 70 pages of 'database' interface with help, support etc. Users will login and store information on the database.

Website Design: Must be non-programmer friendly. Fairly inexpensive. We prefer resident software, not online design.

Database: Must be non-programmer friendly. Fairly inexpensive. Must convert to php/mysql. Must be able to handle a large number of users.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance- WoodFish

A:Database and Web Design Software

Hi and welcome to TSG. Adobe DreamWeaver is the best software for web designing, in the web designing world. Anyway it is bit expensive. So if you are looking for a free software and if you are a Microsoft user, you can download "Microsoft Visual Web Developer" for free from there site. Those are the best software for web designing. There are lots of other software which will give you the "Click and Drop" facility but I can't recommend them because I have seen lots of people having problems with them and I haven't use them.

For the database question, MySql is a good database management system and if you don't know SQL, you can use MySql/MyAdmin. Manually installing the database is a real headache so download and install XAMPP from the web site of Apache Friends. It will install Apache server, MySql and many more.

Apart from these, you can use JOOMLA, because it is a "Making stuffs easy" software. It has it's own templates and much more. I can't tell any more about that because I haven't used that, because I create sites manually.

Please ask an Mod or Admin to move your thread to web designing and develpment section, so you will have more answers.(You can do it by clicking the REPORT button at the right side of the bottom of your thread. It will open a window. Type there that you want to move this to Web Designing Section)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-and-web-design-software.981310/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello

Am am wondering if anyone can help me?

I am wanting to know if there is any software available (cheap) that I can use at work.

I am wanting to be able to log customers details and issue job numbers/tickets to specific customers. Maybe a database? Maybe to link it to Sage? I'm not sure. At present I use hard copy cards that are filed manually.

I have used software at previous companies but I think it was written specifically for them.

Please help?
Thanx

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all, nd helping hand here.

I had been asked to take over some others' "leftover" work and I guess this is the first that got me down..

in SQL Server 2005 express, there are some system database, and one of it is msdb.

because it was a important database, i will need "handle with care" advise...any way i can repair the msdb which was marked suspect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-2005-express-database-marked-suspect.1041890/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi As per the title i was locked out of my PC for a while except safe mode with an X error page fault in non paged area everytime startup was loading having tried diagnostic boot mode still did the same run CHKDSK and having no luck i got a bit stuck as there were no System Database 0x50 Networking no accessing Overcame or - SQL now Server restore entries for some reason eventually i remembered that there was another account on the computer and logged in using that I ran SFC scannow and nice and easy i got back into the main account Now i am back in the main account i cannot Network - i Have a cable from office PC to a shop till which is also on XP The Internet is via a wireless dongle through Office PC Network Bridge carries Internet to Till Connection to till mainly carries database from SQL Server and associated back office software and translates it onto the Till structure via connection software As 0x50 - Overcame now no Networking or accessing SQL Server Database it stands i cannot connect through the Local area connection from Office to till - and the IP Address will not renew in the IP Protocol the automatically assign buttons are checked Ipconfig release renew times out THE SQL Sever Management studio express when loading just says Package 'Microsoft SQL management studio package' failed to load Click OK and it says the same thing with a red cross click OK again and it closes At the same time as this SQL wont load the software we use as back office which used the SQL database cant load as it cannot locate the version record I have also once come across an error whilst trying to get SQL working that the NET framework V is not available - having seen this i tried a repair which it would not allow Someone recommended i try Wise registry cleaner - having run it times it always crashes with an X Page fault in non paged area when scanning File types but not at the same registry entry otherwise i may have had an idea what to look at I feel that urgently i need to solve the Networking issue then maybe with some remote help with our SQL guys over the internet i can get it all fixed Thanks in advance for the help George

A:0x50 - Overcame now no Networking or accessing SQL Server Database

That error usually relates to a driver or RAM issue.
Have you connected any new hardware recently?
If so, uninstall and reinstall that to see if that solves it.
If not, do a RAM check with memtest. You can download memtest from http://www.memtest.org/#downiso.
I have recently had this error on a computer and it turned out to be a faulty stick of RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484730/0x50-overcame-now-no-networking-or-accessing-sql-server-database/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi

I deployed my webapp in my client pc i dont have the only one to access that pc other user also viewing and using this pc/server.. so i want to lock /encrypt my wwwroot folder and my database if users attempts to copy my database / wwwroot folder then i dont want them to copy my db and folder..

I saw many articles but not a exect one that works.. I tried folder look to but i wont work on IIS if we locked folder..

So any best idea or any other tricks to do this...

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/encrypt-lock-my-wwwroot-folder-and-sql-server-database.1028255/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Toshiba support

I have a Toshiba Satellite SA60 - 122 MODEL NO. PSA60E - 09505XPT and I need to upgrade its BIOS

I went to http://www.toshiba.eu/support/drivers/laptops/ and choose "Archive" (see screenshots attached for all options), and it returns 2 results... both give

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Direct link for http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tools/...a.asp?ID=39020

Is there a problem with your server? Can you fix it so I can download the file?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93473-quot-500-Internal-server-error-quot-message-while-trying-to-download-BIOS-upgrade-file
Relevancy 50.74%

Have a PC dedicated to an on-line instrument that operates continuously 24/7. This equipment is connected to our LAN. Therefore, IT decrees that a/v s/w be upon it and running. Every day between 10-11 am, this a/v program will do its thing - scan, etc. However, the PC's s/w does not take kindly to the a/v program reading and such its HD whilst its own dedicated program is trying to write to the HD the data its in the middle of collecting and writing. Therefore, at least 2-4 times per week, the PC will say pphhhhfffffffffffffftttttttt, and lock-up.

The basic details are thusly:

PC OS: Windoze 2000
A/V s/w: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise version: 8.0.0, & EPO update engine 3.5.0.456

Any thoughts? Well, besides upgrading the OS or not running the a/v - both options are denied by our IT department at the moment.

Thanks!

A:PC on server, a/v need - PC locks up when a/v runs

knock knock...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-on-server-a-v-need-pc-locks-up-when-a-v-runs.440967/
Relevancy 50.74%

access database is generally used by mostly user to store data. somtiomes data may be lost or corrupted. To recover these data there are some softwares available that recovers or repair your access data.

These softwares are user friendly & easily recover your all access data.

A:Access database recovery software

Yes there are software which recovers and repairs data from MS Access. Generally files get corrupt due to many reasons. Some of the leading causes are:

* Application Malfunctioning.
* Improper System Shutdown (due to power failure).
* Exiting the application improperly.
* Virus attack.

Data Recovery Software like Stellar Phoenix Access Recovery helps to recover and repair corrupted Microsoft Access database. This advanced database-repair program restores damaged Access files with following errors Unrecognized database format, Enter Password" (even though no password has been given)., The Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file., Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to be closed.

More information can be found at: http://www.stellarinfo.com/access-recovery.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-recovery-software.607763/
Relevancy 50.74%

How do I export my ACT 3.0 database to the Palm software on my computer? I currently have my ACT database hot synced to my Palm IIIxe pilot which has died. I have ordered a new Palm M515 and will also be receving a new company issued laptop which will not have ACT installed on it. I would like to be able to export the ACT database into the Palm software on my current computer and then hot sync my new Palm when it arrives so that I will have my database backed up to my handheld Palm.

A:exporting ACT database to Palm software

In my opinion, that is not a good way to back up your database. I would suggest that you email it to yourself before backing up to a Palm.

Other than that, I'm sorry--I can't help you with synching an ACT db.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-act-database-to-palm-software.110346/
Relevancy 50.74%

I would like to put a list of family names [last and first name] into a database for a family history book which only lists last name. I already have the list of names in another software program which I have transferred into basic text. I have searched on the net but so far not found anything. I need to sort by last name or family name wihch will be in the first column and there are around 7,000 names.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-software-for-names-index.735828/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I have a question about databases lists to which the solution is hopefully simple I have a list of or software* in Access Database other *Searching data in columns that I can import in Excel or Access In other words I have many records with fields each Now I want to be able to quot search quot a field of all the data for a particular phrase For example I want to see a list of all the records that have quot hello quot somewhere in column B I know this is basically the quot filter quot command but I find it to be quite awkward I want a simple easy way to just search for quot hello quot in column B and click quot search *Searching Database in Access or other software* quot and see *Searching Database in Access or other software* the list Nothing fancy I don t know Access too well but is there a way to do it there Maybe make some sort of form or *Searching Database in Access or other software* query or report or something Maybe if you pointed me in the right direction I could read the help files on that and figure it out Is there a template for this anywhere What about a third-party software that could do this Just import a list of data and then you can search it as you please Any ideas I d REALLY appreciate your help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/searching-database-in-access-or-other-software.68211/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this topic but I cannot figure out the problem so please help We Training Problem with with database software have training software that uses a database saved on the network We never had a problem until we switched from Windows Problem with database with Training software XP to Windows Now we get errors quite often Say a user is on one of the pc's and is having no problem sometimes the nd user gets in successfully and it ends up throwing an error out to the first user When I get out of the application the ldb file is still out there which I wonder if that's whats causing the problem So could it be a problem with Windows that it's not removing the ldb file We also have a couple pc's with XP that are used to track the training progress and these have never caused an issue before but curious if the combination of XP and Windows machines could be causing the problem I've tried XP mode on the machines and still having the same problems

A:Problem with database with Training software

um, whats the error you get?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/116104-problem-database-training-software.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm really a novice when it comes to a lot of things, especially programming issues. What I really want to know is if there is an easy to setup database program that I can use for compiling quotations. I'd like to be able to configure it to search for quotations by subject and author. I'm thinking opensource because of it being free, but any other ideas will be considered. And I don't really know how to set up databases, so it's gotta be easy.

A:Open source/database software

openoffice suite (FREE) has a database. www.openoffice.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/open-source-database-software.70876/
Relevancy 50.74%

What is the quickest to learn language for business database applications ?

A:quickest database applic software

Suggest you google "Alpha Five." I used to use an earlier version some years ago when I was in business. With no training, and as a rank amateur, I built a client database in no time at all with an easy to use front end. It isn't cheap, but the genies (their term for wizards) allow most actions to be completed with a click or two. I would use it again in a heartbeat if I had a need!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quickest-database-applic-software.467444/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm searching for a website where I can find some information on designing a database to manage software information. We have about 100 workstation on our network and I need to be able to manage what software is installed where and so on.

I'm using Access to design this.
Thanks

A:designing database to monitor software

http://www.dbforums.com/
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/backend/databases/tutorials/tutorial3.html
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085791

I've never used any of these sites but you go crazy!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/designing-database-to-monitor-software.191031/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I m busy with an internal project at work I work for a Business Intelligence BI consultancy and I would like to improve the way in for database Ideas knowledge software which we store our human capital knowledge At this point in time everything we know is inside our employees heads and this does not make it conducive to learning especially for new recruits I was thinking maybe some sort of knowledge database such as this forum but for BI As support is an important part of consulting as well this project needs to be able to incorporate our clients logging in and asking questions that they need assistance with I m also looking to improve our website and put in some crazy funky new fresh stuff onto it to make it a little more interesting and quot fun quot just to add a bit of flavour I would love some ideas from everyone as Ideas for knowledge database software to how each of you would go about something like this Also any software that you think would be suitable for this type of project freeware Ideas for knowledge database software would be best but please do mention good premium products as well will help me a lot in making decisions and drawing up final plans As for the website again any ideas would be appreciated as I m not the most tech savvy person when it comes to this sorta thing lol Thank you in advance for any help you have to offer Spyder nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ideas-for-knowledge-database-software.130718/
Relevancy 50.74%

Looking for a forum guru Not TechSpot forum Howdy I m sticking this under the quot networking quot description even though it s not I m searching for someone knowledgeable with forum software and possibly servers that run bulletin boards Situation I m a member and one-time Moderator at a small to medium sized bulletin board or so members and a ton of discussions we want to preserve Our provider seems to be forum Database contents software from SMF in the midst of doing a vanishing act and we re having difficulty getting the database out of them in order to move to a new provider Question Does anyone Database contents from SMF forum software know if there is a way to save the contents of the board from quot our side quot internet Database contents from SMF forum software side of the process if we can t get the database from the people running the server We re operating on SMF I ve got a horrible sinking feeling that the answer to this is going to be no Thanks for any brain storms M nbsp

A:Database contents from SMF forum software

SMF has a backup feature in the administration interface. Just use that. Might be a good idea to read the SMF homepage for some gotchas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/database-contents-from-smf-forum-software.26852/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I've worked quite a bit with MySQL on Linux, but I have need to connect with a MSSQL database, view and browse the tables, etc. Can anyone suggest some lightweight software for Windows that I can use to do this?

Thanks!
Jake

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-to-browse-an-mssql-database.639202/
Relevancy 50.74%

I use a ACT by Best software It is a customer service sales databse program I just upgraded software ACT database 6.0 cannot use (Resolved) ACT 2000 to (Resolved) ACT 6.0 software cannot use ACT 2000 database the newest version mainly because it is suppose yo be able interface nicely with the PALM OS Anyways everything installed properly but the problem ocurred when I tried to convert the database that was created with the previous version of ACT called ACT I get a prompt from windows saying that I must be logged on as administrator in order to modify the ACT database I m doing this work on my new notebook and I m the only user on the notebook and I also have administrator privleges I will contact Best Software tomorrow during normal (Resolved) ACT 6.0 software cannot use ACT 2000 database business hours but I thought I would see I if I could get an answer tonight about why I do not not have administrator privleges and how can I get them If i don t Any help will be apprecieated Thankls in advance VC nbsp

A:(Resolved) ACT 6.0 software cannot use ACT 2000 database

Sometimes administrative privileges and administrator are not the same thing, you may need to log in as administrator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-act-6-0-software-cannot-use-act-2000-database.190969/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi good people I'm running Win Ultimate bit service pack For the last days i'm having problems slow again. slow,starup runnig repair runs is helps,then 7 Windows HELP? PC i'm about to describe PC is running great for some hours and then it starts to freeze I'm unable to start Task Menager Alt Ctrl Del or any other command The only solution is restar But then Windows refuses to start and messege apears ''Windows fails to start due to recent hardware or software change '' I get the option Starup repair and when scan is finished Restore button apears I HAVE TO restore it to ''the time it worked corectlly'' That is the only way to get it working for next hours And then everything starts again Before you ask I've upadated EVERYTHING drivers direct X latest Win updates scaned it for viruses etc etc Nothing seems to help Any ideas I'm desperate cos I know i did everything I could And that is why i'm asking for proffesionals opinion Hope for your soon reply

A:Windows 7 runs slow,starup repair helps,then PC is runnig slow again. HELP?

[QUOTE=Velja;3332118]Hi good people!
I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit,service pack 1.
For the last 7 days i'm having problems i'm about to describe:
PC is running great for some 12 hours,and then it starts to freeze. I'm unable to start Task Menager (Alt+Ctrl+Del) or any other command. The only solution is restar. But then Windows refuses to start and messege apears ''Windows fails to start,due to recent hardware or software change...'' I get the option Starup repair,and when scan is finished,Restore button apears. I HAVE TO restore it to ''the time it worked corectlly''.That is the only way to get it working for next 12 hours. And then everything starts again...
Before you ask,I've upadated EVERYTHING,drivers,direct X,latest Win updates,scaned it for viruses etc etc. Nothing seems to help.
Any ideas? I'm desperate cos I know i did everything I could. And that is why i'm asking for proffesionals opinion
Hope for your soon reply!
[Wandering soul knows no rest]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-runs-slow-starup-repair-helps-then-pc-is-runnig-slow-again-help-584253.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello smart folks My Dell Inspiron laptop used to boot up in under a minute Now it takes several minutes and any time I run a program up slow super Laptop to and time long boots slow up runs take too...programs a boot it takes a long time for them to boot up And heck I see delays in programs while they're in use I just upgraded from MB Laptop boots up super slow and runs slow too...programs take a long time to boot up to GB of RAM hoping that would help It didn't I've followed your steps and I think my computer is a lot safer now Thank you I run Norton antivirus I feel like the biggest contributor to my laptop's slowness is Enterprise Office Some little searching Laptop boots up super slow and runs slow too...programs take a long time to boot up magnifying glass seems to always be on and my computer's hard drive seems to grind a lot even when the computer should be sitting there idle If I open a Microsoft Office program like Word Excel or Outlook they open REALLY slowly Also can you please recommend a good registry scrubber I like freeware but I'll buy it if I must That RegCure program seems like a scam Below is my HiJack This log I've also included the start up log below it since my start up is so slow Thank you Bombaleo Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Laptop boots up super slow and runs slow too...programs take a long time to boot up Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin INSTAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold acevtsrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Intense Language Office COMMON Offman exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ActivCard ActivCard Gold agquickp exe C Program Files Common Files ActivCard acachsrv exe C Program Files Common Files ActivCard acautoreg exe C Program Files Common Files ActivCard acautoup exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files blcorp WinCleaner AntiSpyware WCAntiSpy exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Interne... Read more

A:Laptop boots up super slow and runs slow too...programs take a long time to boot up

Hello again. May I bump this up?

BUMP BUMP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-boots-up-super-slow-and-runs-slow-too-programs-take-a-long-time-to-boot-up-299307.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Their original SQL Server was 2008, with SP unknown, but installed on D: and C: drives. The power spike corrupted their O/S on the C: drive and someone reinstalled both the O/S and the SQL Server, which is now SQL 2008, SP4. They have intact files for all system databases, both .mdb and .ldf. Is there some way they can reconnect with the user databases using the intact copies of the previous system databases?

I have heard that if the SQL Server is stopped, previous Master and Msdb .mdb and .ldf files moved into place and the server restarted, that any previous user database .mdb and .ldf files can be accessed by the SQL server.
Is this the case, or are there details missing?

A:Solved: Can I recover a damaged SQL Server 2008 database with the undamaged .mdb and

Visit this site, it can be helpful:
http://www.filerepairforum.com/foru...roblem-how-do-i-fix-a-corrupted-database-file
- Insert the SQL Server Installation disc into the server computer's disc drive. Access the drive from your computer by clicking "My Computer" from the desktop and double-clicking the disc drive icon.
- Run setup.exe from the SQL server installation disc. The setup command should be located in the disc's root directory. Run the setup program by double-clicking "setup.exe." This will bring up the SQL server installation center page.
- Click the "Maintenance" button located on the lefthand side of the navigation window. Select "Repair" and then choose the language you wish the program to be presented in after installation. Click "Next" to continue. This will run setup routines, making sure your computer has all the prerequisites installed to correctly run SQL server 2008. Click "OK" or "Install" to continue. This will bring you to the Select Instance page.

- Select the instance you want to repair. This will reconfigure your server using automatic backups to a time the server was working correctly and reinstall any corrupted information. Click "Next." The repair rules will automatically verify the operation. Click "Next" to continue. This will take you to the Ready to Repair page.
- Click "Repair" and SQL server disc will run its repair function. The repair progress bar will show the completion level of the repair. Once the repair function is complete, click "Finish" to exit the repair program. Reboot the server machine to complete the repair.
Or you can visit: SQL Server Fix Toolbox
http://www.fixsqldatabase.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-recover-a-damaged-sql-server-2008-database-with-the-undamaged-mdb-and.1138214/
Relevancy 50.31%

This is one of the first if not the first dual CPU shootout I ve seen Amazing things from AMD Database Server CPU Comparison Athlon MP vs Hyper Threading Xeon Date April th Type IT Enterprise Computing Manufacturer Various Author Anand Lal Shimpi If you wanted to find out what the fastest desktop CPU is it would just take a few clicks and you would have reviews at your disposal CPU Hyper Athlon MP Threading vs. Database Comparison: Xeon Server If you re trying to put together a workstation system you ll have a bit less to go off of but there is still more than enough information available to help make your decision But when it comes to servers the information flow is severely reduced Generally speaking you ll find reviews of individual servers from Dell and HP but you Database Server CPU Comparison: Athlon MP vs. Hyper Threading Xeon won t find the type of component level Database Server CPU Comparison: Athlon MP vs. Hyper Threading Xeon comparisons we re used to seeing in the desktop and workstation sectors There are a number of reasons for this First of all it s very difficult to test the performance of CPUs and platforms in a server environment without actually setting up such an environment Especially as you get into the -way and beyond realms it becomes very difficult to stress those systems There are industry standard benchmarks that can be used but again they are very costly to run and require a great deal of setup In the desktop and workstation worlds you simply load up the application you wish to measure performance under and find a benchmark to help you gauge performance With Hyper Threading enabled however the GHz Xeons can keep up with AMD s Athlon MP CPUs Oh how times have changed it used to be that AMD would never have been taken seriously in the enterprise market and now we re talking about Intel striving to be competitive enough with the AMD s enterprise level performance Click to expand Nice to see that AMD CPUs are Database Server CPU Comparison: Athlon MP vs. Hyper Threading Xeon now beign considered to be quot production quot feasible nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/database-server-cpu-comparison-athlon-mp-vs-hyper-threading-xeon.1097/
Relevancy 50.31%

I created an application in Access with a form and database I have to make it a client server type app now I need to put just the database and report files on the server for users to use Each will have the form portion of the app The app will now have to connect to the Access database on the server I need to know the best approach to connecting to the database this way and how to use record locking Originally I could just use CurrentDB on the form as it was integrated with the database But to connect to the database on the server I tried using a connection locking? & on connecting to database server record Access 2007 object and creating a recordset that way But I don t seem to be able to lock the record ussing existing things like the recordset locktype property or setting the Recordlocks property on the form Please help me figure out the best method of the various ones to connect to the database on the server as in ADODB DAO database object or whatever and how to use record locking so the users cannot have the same record open at the same time Thank you Valhalla nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

This is my sisters computer she has been having a problem for the past two weeks Right now I can't even get the computer into the control panel without it taking minutes any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes extremely HJT function slow slow, runs to Computer included. too log C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Computer runs extremely slow, too slow to function HJT log included. WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe G spybotsd exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp is-LT PF tmp spybotsd tmp C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PhilipsDM quot C Program Files Philips Philips Device Manager Bin DeviceManager exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run lxcymon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcymon exe quot O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run LXCYCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCYtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Ext... Read more

A:Computer runs extremely slow, too slow to function HJT log included.

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Reboot
Reboot your system in Safe Mode.Restart the computer. The computer begins processing a set of instructions known as BIOS.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8 (dependent on your system this may be F5 or another key)
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Use the arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.

Uninstall Programmes
Click > Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs (if present):

Anything from Viewpoint

Folder Deletions
Delete the following Folder indicated in BLUE if it still exists.

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint

Reboot
Reboot your system in Normal Mode.

Now we'll use ComboFix. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

**Note: It is important that ComboFix is saved directly to your desktop**

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console. This will help us restore your system in the event of a serious crash. It's very simple to complete and will only take a few moments. A quick guide is detailed below.

Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
See here for a guide to disabling AV, Firewall and Anti-malware programmes.

Once you've downloaded the appropriate RC setup package for your system to the desktop, follow these instructions:
Drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it.

Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please post the log C:\ComboFix.txt along with a fresh HijackThis log for further review.

NOTE: Combofix prevents autorun of all CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you - please let me know.

Please make sure that HJT is run in Normal Mode - not Safe Mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-runs-extremely-slow-too-slow-to-function-hjt-log-included-246387.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to solve a "slow computer" problem for a friend...The stand-alone version of AVG Anti-Spyware runs slowly on his machine and does not not scan smoothly, stalling a bit every 5 to 15 seconds. This happens even when running in safe mode. Occasionally the scanner will freeze right after I begin scanning, forcing me to do a cold reboot (ctrl-alt-dlt doesn't work).I have run other virus checkers and the system - 1.4 GHZ Gateway desktop, XP Pro SP2 - looks clean, but seems like it should run a bit faster than it is. Nothing unusual is running on startup or via processes, at least nothing I can see in msconfig. A recent "HijackThis" logfile doesn't appear to show anything malevolent.Another weird symtptom is that the Windows "chimes" sound is sometimes cut off when the PC boots up.What could be causing this? Thanks...Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Slow Pc... Anti-spyware Scanner Runs Slow And Stalls

If you are sure no malware issues Please follow these steps : ? Defrag your system. Disk fragmentation slows the overall performance of your system. When files are fragmented, the computer must search the hard disk when a file is opened. Disk Defragmenter consolidates fragmented files and folders on the hard disk so that each occupies a single space on the disk. This speeds up reading and writing to the disk. Read "The Importance of Disk Defragmentation" for instructions.? Check for disk errors by running CHKDSK. CHKDSK can be run from the Recovery Console, the command prompt or through the Windows GUI.To run chkdsk from the Win XP GUI see these instructions.To run chkdsk from the command prompt see these instructions.To run chkdsk from the Recovery Console see these instructions.The problem with running CHKDSK from Win XP is that it will not check files that are being used by Windows. Using chkdsk in the Recovery Console with the /r switch is a way to resolve this.? Check for damaged, altered or missing critical system files by running the System File Checker. If SFC discovers that a protected file has been damaged, altered or missing, it restores the correct version of the file from the cache folder. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to run sfc and it may ask you to insert your XP Installation CD so have it available.? Clean up your hard drive by removing unused programs and transferring old data, pictures, music files to a CD or an external hard drive. When you have moved/saved the files you want to keep, run Disk Cleanup and let it scan your system for files to remove. "Don?t clean out the Prefetch folder" - This is a common myth that will not improve performance.? Check for any unnecessary running services. If you have a typical installation, many services are configured as "automatic"; that is, they start automatically when the system starts or when the service is called for the first time. Use "Black Viper's Services Configuration" to help fine tune this area.? Check for any unnecessary applications loading at startup when Windows boots with MSConfig. Some startup programs are necessary so be careful what you disable. If you are unsure what any of the startup entries are or if they are safe to disable, then search one of the following Startup Databases:Startup Programs DatabaseStartupList IndexNote: MSConfig.exe is a troubleshooting utility used to diagnose system configuration issues. Although it works as a basic startup manager which allows you to enable/disable auto-start programs, msconfig should not be used routinely to disable startup programs.A better alternative is to use a startup manager. If you have have Spybot S&D 1.4 installed, launch it, go to Mode and select Advanced. Then go to Tools, select System Startups. You will be provided with a list of programs that load when Windows starts. If you untick an entry it will no longer run at startup. This will allow you to experiment and see how your system performs with any of them disabled. Other startup managers you can download and use for free are Startup Control Panel, Autoruns and Starter by CodeStuff.? Remove any third party "Memory Manager" or "Optimizer". Windows XP memory management was designed to make the best use of Ram and these memory management utilities defeat that purpose. They push applications out of RAM into the pagefile, creating holes in the RAM and by doing so, slow down your computer.? Disable some visual effects. While visual embellishments that may be attractive, they don?t do anything else for you. Disabling some of them frees up system resources and makes the operating system perform better. Right click My Computer, choose > Properties > Advanced, click on "Settings" under performance...UNcheck all the visual effects, except for the last three. Click "Apply", then "OK", then "OK"... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85134/slow-pc-anti-spyware-scanner-runs-slow-and-stalls/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I have posted a problem before - since it was in the wrong part of the forum I was redirected here The issue is that my laptop runs how to say it sluggish runs time, long slow, up load browsers slow Everything On the one hand it's runnig but i feel like it's faaaaar from how it could run I have done few things already mentioned here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t not-sure-what-is-happening-everything-is-slow None of them helped so You're my only hope As mentioned in the PrepGuide here is the dds txt and attach txt Anxiously waiting for Your diagnose DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Everything runs slow, long load up time, slow browsers Run by metalowa glowa at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Windows LockStatusTray exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Dell Dell WWAN WMCore mini WMCore exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZeroConfigService exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x CodeMeter Runtime bin CodeMeter exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Integrated Clock Controller Service ICCProxy exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth mediasrv exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k Loc... Read more

A:Everything runs slow, long load up time, slow browsers

Lets run a different scanner that may show us more than DDS

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
Click the Scan button to start scan.
If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

I just want to see the report....Please Do Not Fix Anything

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Please make sure All Users is checked
Do not check

*List BCD
*Drivers MD5
*Shortcut txt

Press Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back here.
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550315/everything-runs-slow-long-load-up-time-slow-browsers/
Relevancy 50.31%

A little while ago I put a new 1TB hard drive in my Dell Inspiron N5050 to replace the old 500GB one. I used the Windows backup program on the computer and the information on the Windows website. I transferred the system image to a backup hard drive, then installed it onto the new hard drive. I've tried a disc cleanup, defragmenting the hard drive, and I've run all the diagnostics that Windows has and still this thing is SLOW!
 I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, my computer has an Intel Core I3 processor. I still have the old hard drive with everything still on it and I still have the system image on the backup hard drive. Please if anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it, this thing is driving me nuts (My OLD Inspiron 1420 with a Core2 Duo processor runs circles around my N5050!)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989714
Relevancy 50.31%

We currently have a program which uses an access database. Retrieving the data and running reports is extrememly slow. We're looking to have a new program done for us.

What type of database would you all recommend? Sql? It's a pretty big database which holds up to 4 years worth of data for. I know very little about database and data warehousing so I'm just looking for some advice before talking with programers.

A:Database upgrade help - Moving on from access

'4 years' is a mostly meaningless measure of data without an idea of how frequenty it's written. That said, I've never come across something too small for an SQL db.

The big advantage of an SQL database is the SQL - you can always get the data out how and whenever you want to, and it's easier to move between things. From what I gather, Access is rather more restrictive on getting the data out in a usable form.

With growth in mind, MySQL is known for scaling pretty well, PostgreSQL less so. Also, MySQL supports pretty easy replication.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-upgrade-help-moving-on-from-access.864996/
Relevancy 50.31%

Over the years i have collected more than 50 software licences and product keys. Is there any decent software that can store these licences (no need to do network license checks) that preferably can connect to a database on a different server so the data is accessible from any client ps with the software installed?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555103/database-application-for-software-license-key-management/
Relevancy 49.88%

Good Morning.
I`ve joined a computer to a domain and when I try loggin on it gives me the message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship".
I've tried making the following:
- Deleting the computer from my domain, deleting the object from AD and joining it again.
- Steps explained in these links:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee849847(v=ws.10).aspx
http://virtualcurtis.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/fix-the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust-relationship/
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/8e99c313-92c4-40db-a27f-3b6f94fbf7d0/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=winserverDS
http://clintboessen.blogspot.in/2011/06/security-database-on-server-does-not.html
And also used netdom and nltest to reset the trust relationship but nothing seemed to work.
Does anybody have any clue?

Raphael Santos | MCP 70-410
Email: [email protected]
Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/raphael-santos/39/87b/958/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/392971b1-9d62-4755-b648-90bc02eb17c7/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.88%

We are on a windows server 2008 domain with windows 7 professional pcs.  Two months ago we started receiving this error on all pcs.  The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.
 We have narrowed it down to being a windows update issue and several updates if installed cause the issue to happen.  KB3146706, KB3149090, KB3153171, KB3161561, KB3147071, KB3156417.  If even one of these updates is installed we cannot change
our passwords.  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd0cd366-2b2f-4ac1-81cf-b3308dd39083/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello forums I have a problem with my Windows Professional bit I'll try to explain everything in detail Quote PC specs Processor Intel Core DUO CPU T GHZ Installed memory RAM GB System type -bit operating system Yesterday I was using uTorrent to download some files gigabytes It was downloading at a speed of - Mb s During the download I noticed that the PC was running pretty hard and I checked in the Task Manager for processor and RAM usage noticing that the processor was used at around of capacity but RAM memory was used at GB that's around Windows booting runs boots very slow slow after and I restarted the laptop and run the download again Memory usage was about GB Then I tried to open Firefox and go check something on a website and everything crashed I unplugged the laptop n b way of solving things to shut it down and then started it back At this point I noticed that it took like half an hour to boot and show desktop Also everything Windows boots very slow and runs slow after booting was running extremely slow I inserted my Windows disc and ran through the Windows boots very slow and runs slow after booting Repair Windows wizard I left it like that for about an hour and it was just telling me Attempting Repairs I stopped it at that point and then re-installed Windows by formatting the partition Now when I start the laptop it takes like - minutes until it shows me the desktop before was minute Also I noticed that everything runs extremely slow All the drivers have been successfully installed except for USB ports If I keep my Windows Task Manager opened to performance amp memory usage when I try to do stuff on the laptop it shows me CPU usage when the laptop has a crash moment It simply crashes stops doing anything while CPU is - used and RAM memory around Mb I attached a photo with one of this crashes where I wanted to visit a page and Firefox was just Not Responding while CPU was at usage Also after some time it just begins to work okay Any hints on this Help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows boots very slow and runs slow after booting

Hello and welcome abyssal Mate for very starters I would be running some malware scans the two I would run would Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

http://www.superantispyware.com/ and http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Next would sticking another 2GB of RAM what you have got is absolute bare minimum.

Plus some specs on your system would be helpful

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/267221-windows-boots-very-slow-runs-slow-after-booting.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all Dell Inspiron E laptop Running CrashPlan Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XD Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled You guys have been very helpful in the past so I thought I d come to you preventatively this time My Dell laptop is five years old and I won t be able to purchase slow, slow, starts runs Laptop and freezes up a new one for another year or two As far as I know I don t have any major virus or problems but gradually my computer has become very slow and sometimes it freezes Loading photos on Facebook is a common situation it freezes in but it happens with other things too It also starts up very slow and it can take awhile for windows to open So far I have tried a number of fixes System Restore defragmenting freeing up space on the hard drive rearranging items on hard disk deleting programs I know I don t use scanning and removing spyware viruses with Kaspersky Spybot Search amp Destroy Ewido Anti-Malware Spyware Blaster and deleting temp files as suggested by a similar Laptop runs slow, starts up slow, and freezes thread in this forum I deleted Temp files Laptop runs slow, starts up slow, and freezes from these locations C WINDOWS Temp C Documents And Settings Username Local Settings Temp There are probably more programs I don t use but it s hard to tell what I can safely delete If there are certain ones that use up a lot of memory I would appreciate guidance on that I haven t fixed any problems via HijackThis yet but will check and fix the lines you suggest Thanks for your help Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CrashPlan CrashPlanService exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system HPHipm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya

This tool upgrades a UDDI Services site database from a previous release candidate version of Windows .NET Server 2003.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows .NET Server

UDDI Services

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...35-fb25-48b7-8f27-36886b48519d&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uddi-services-database-upgrade-utility-net-jan-7.111956/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a sharepoint server running a database in sql server 2005 express and want to move it to a new server running SQL 2005 standard edition, what is the easiest way to go about this..
i have come across this and I want to know if it will work
http://msmvps.com/blogs/cgross/archive/2007/03/24/moving-your-wss-3-0-databases.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-upgrade-sharepoint-database.716440/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I've been given the task of finding software which will enable a customer contact list to be maintained and be accessible anywhere by multi users, this contact list should then be available to create email mail shots as well os postal mail shots.

I can find software that will maintain a database online, and I see mail merge in Microsoft but I can't seem to find anything that will bring both together and online to enable the multi user, multi locations.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

K

A:Database, Contacts, Mail Merge Online Software

Access does both database and Mail Merge using VBA, Word and or Reports, but I don't know much about the "Web" based part. I have never actually worked on one on the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-contacts-mail-merge-online-software.825075/
Relevancy 49.45%

Since the 1607 upgrade, a win10 laptop times out all requests from our LAN to its Apache web server and to its MySQL server.
The apache & mysql servers on the win 10 machine are functioning normally for local browser and database requests.
Other LAN machines can ping the machine, and can browse its files & folders eg with Windows Explorer.
But all webserver and MySQL server connection requests to it from the LAN time out.
Turning off the win10's antivirus software makes no diff.
How do I fix this?

A:since 1607 upgrade, all lan browser & database requests time out

Are you running any kind of Firewall? You really are best to run a LAMP server on Linux, not on Windows. You can use a Raspberry Pi 3 with a 64gb Class 10 Micro SD card running Raspbian.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64699-since-1607-upgrade-all-lan-browser-database-requests-time-out.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I lent my computer to my brother for a few days while I went away AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\server.exe startup runs at He said when I got back that he downloaded a file from someone AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\server.exe runs at startup on omegle com and he didn t know what it did When I start up my PC an exe file runs AppData Roaming Microsoft server exe and then command prompt flashes I m worried this might be some kind of keylogger Needless to say my brother will not be getting the use of my Laptop ever again I ve had a look at the processes running in task manager but i can t seem to see anything out of the ordinary I m running Windows Vista Home Premium -bit I m just looking for some advice or help on this and if anyone has experienced this before thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Ciaran Smith at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP McAfee VirusScan Disabled Updated D B- - E- C-AE AA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f ef STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows System bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f ef aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager Sync FreeAgentService exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework naPrdMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Xobni XobniService exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status stxmenumgr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Sierra Wireless Inc WebUpdater TRUUpdater exe C Program Files O Connection Manager WaHelper exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C W... Read more

A:AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\server.exe runs at startup

Hi,Please do the followingRefer to the ComboFix User's Guide Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400133/appdataroamingmicrosoftserverexe-runs-at-startup/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi guys!
I just installed Windows 2000 Advance Server recently to a Compaq Proliant ML530 server and found out that the license for this server is more expensive than Windows Server 2003 Standard. The SmartStart CD of the compaq does not support windows server 2003 and I don't want to manually re-configure everything and start all over again. Does Win2K A.S. support Windows Server 2003 upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-win2k-advance-server-to-windows-server-2003-std.390752/