Windows Support Forum

Why does my Properties window shuts off?

Q: Why does my Properties window shuts off?

Hello, I have a problem .. again

I was following these steps until i need help on STEP 7 on this link:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Well first, i went to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections and when I right-clicked on my Internet connection and i chose Properties, the Properties window showed up ..

but the Properties window disappeared.....
how can i fix this problem?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why does my Properties window shuts off?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why does my Properties window shuts off?

anyone!?

*sorry if double-posting isnt allowed here.....*

if responded, ill delete this post*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-properties-window-shuts-off.568713/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ive had my laptop about a year now. It randomly stopped working one day. I've tried some other tricks on the internet does not work. Laptop stays on but the screen turns off before starting, then turn on again and off repeatedly. If you have any clue what the problem is it how I could fix it. Let me know.

A:HP Window 7 turns on and shuts off. Shuts off before starting up.

if the computer is staying on but the screen is shutting off; it sounds to me like there could possibly be a loose connector inside the laptop or possibly something going on the with the power supply. If you are not ok with taking the computer apart i would take it to someone to have it looked at. But if you want to try and fix it yourself; i would carefully take out the screws that hold the top cover with the keyboard on it and take off that top cover and see if you see any loose cables or connectors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344521-hp-window-7-turns-shuts-off-shuts-off-before-starting-up.html
Relevancy 53.32%

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm#http://leader.linkexchange.com/1029798962505/X919500/showiframe?

what does this mean

A:properties window question

kknowles
Please create one thread per problem to avoid confusion.
Closing thread duplicate.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=91983

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-window-question.91982/
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyone know of a list of useful properties window extensions?

I have added a mediainfo tab and a file hashing tab and I quite like the idea of having useful apps right there.

A:Properties window tabs

Put to many and it can slow things down...
Moderation everything in moderation you'll live longer and healthier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/195825-properties-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
I have been infested with ise32 Property window which keep appearing on window start up. I have scan my computer with Norton 360 and Window defender but to no avail. I am currently using window vista home. Please advice me what to do. I would appreciate your help to solve them problem.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Best reguards,

Leo

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

It's not unusual to receive such an error after using tools to remove malware infection.A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads. To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.IMPORTANT NOTE: ise32.exe is related to the family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans. Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots and Infostealers are very dangerous because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which they send back to the hacker. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. Read Danger: Remote Access Trojans.If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Because your computer was compromised please read How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud? Although the backdoor Trojan was identified and removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor Trojan has been removed the computer is now secure. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read "When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?" and "Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154534/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.89%

Mod edit Moved to Malware Logs forum boopme All my desk top files open in a rt click window only properties and its very new I in open files window properties ran anti malware nothing found ran combo fix here are the results ComboFix - - files open in properties window - becky - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from E ComboFix exeAV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Microsoft Security Essentials files open in properties window Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E files open in properties window BFDE SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgcebc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb background htmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb crossriderManifest jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData manifest xmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins base jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins dealply m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jollywallet m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins corticas m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins icm m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins coupons intext ads m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins similar web m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins luck m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext adv m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish no search no coupons m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer ws m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer p m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish pricora m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderAppUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins getdeal m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensio... Read more

A:files open in properties window

should hav done it befor I used  adaware and it found the culprit  now I am up and running again Gosh I love this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522550/files-open-in-properties-window/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello. I have noticed a strange fact regarding my windows 7 32 bit operating system. When I delete some files in a folder, then go to properties, when i look at "Contains", it still shows the number of files i had before deletion, not the current number of files in that folder. Is there a way to repair this? Thanks in advance! (rebooted my pc, but with no success, if it is to mention)
BTW: Happy holidays

A:Strange occurence in properties window

Did you empty the Recycle Bin?

I don't see a "Contains" choice in any folder property menu. Can you tell me how you get to it, as following the directions you gave does not show it for me.

Maybe post a screen shot of it? Make sure the window you want to capture has the focus.
Press Alt+Print Screen. That will capture the active window.
Print Screen will capture the entire screen, including properties dialogs.
Start MSPaint - Start then Run, type mspaint and press Enter.
Press Ctrl+v to paste the picture in to MS Paint.
Click File then Save as and save it to your Desktop.

Start a new reply.
Click on the Browse button below the message input area.
Navigate to where you saved the picture, select it and click on Open.
Click on Attach This File.
Once uploaded, click on Add To Post to the far right of the uploaded file.
Scroll down and click Preview Post to verify the image shows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204379-strange-occurence-properties-window.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I insert a CD in either of my two drives the window that jumps up giving me the options of what program to use (CD Properties ) is maximized and takes up the whole screen. This just started happening. If I double click on the top blue titlebarlbar it goes back to it's smaller (normal) size. I tried holding down the ctrl. key and closing the window but the next time the computer boots it does the same thing. It is not possible to drag this type of window in any way. The only option for this type of window in the upper right corner is an X to close it. It may need a registry edit but I don't know how. To access a similar type window open "my computer, right click on any drive, the window that opens is the same type. Any help would be appreciated.
Alan

A:CD Properties Window wrong size

Minimize it again and this time hold down shift and close it off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-properties-window-wrong-size.307051/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I ve just rebuilt my XP can't logging in out: properties change window! computer and reinstalled XP logging out: can't change in properties window! XP it s gone back to the default of logging me out after minutes of inactivity and I want to change that so it doesn t log me out at all However the properties window the one you reach by right clicking XP logging out: can't change in properties window! on the desktop XP logging out: can't change in properties window! is different to how it should be- when I first installed XP it was the normal window with the tabs for themes desktop screensaver appearance and settings However for some reason recently all it s doing is show the tabs for themes appearance and settings so I can t reach the power settings that should be under the screensaver tab I ve tried accessing power settings via the control panel but I can t seem to find anything to turn it off or change it- any help on this one And any help on getting my display properties window back to how it should be showing all the tabs Thanks nbsp

A:XP logging out: can't change in properties window!

copy this code into a notepad, save as restoretabs.reg

doubleclick restoretabs.reg and confirm import to registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logging-out-cant-change-in-properties-window.747838/
Relevancy 52.89%

everytime windows loads, the windows 32 properties window come up. how do i stop this?

A:windows32 properties window on startup

1. Open Regedit
2. Browse to HKLM or HKCU then Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Remove any entries that refer to Windows 32 or System32 or whatever.
4. Close Regedit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-on-startup.810820/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I speak french, so my english isn't perfect, if I wrote something you didn't understand, just tell me and I'll try to better explain.

I have a good computer knowledge, but the problem I have is very, very weird.
I was trying to do a test for the "indice de performance windows" (sorry I don't know the name in english, my windows 7 is french), but every time i right click properties on the "computer" window, they both disapear...
It's hard to explain, so I record it on my phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okY-ad_xIS4

Please, help me!
thanks and happy new year

A:Computer's properties window disapears

See if OPTION TWO in this tutorial helps: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Follow OPTION THREE and attach sfcdetails.txt in a new post in this thread.
(Use the paper clip icon just above the posting window to attach the file)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316831-computers-properties-window-disapears.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running WinXP, SP2. I have a Fellows Internet Touchpad installed. When I go to the Control Panel and select the Mouse, the standard Microsoft Mouse window opens instead of the Cirque Touchpad window. The mouse is identified correctly as a Cirque Ps2 Touchpad and the driver is correctly specified. The special functions of the touchpad are all working ok, however without being able to open up the correct properties window, I cannot make any changes. It used to work properly. I have tried uninstalling the touchpad driver and reinstalling the touchpad driver. That does not fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53989/touchpad-gets-wrong-properties-window/
Relevancy 52.89%

Since I am new to the forum I'm not sure where my problem should be posted I am also not sure if it is a hardware or software related problem but here it is Suddenly when I try to appear window properties does Print dialog not print the print properties dialog window does not appear when i click on the Print properties dialog window does not appear properties button Print properties dialog window does not appear It tries to activate but immediately reverts back to the print window This occurs in both OpenOffice and LibreOffice both of which have previously worked fine for months I often print to both sides of the page echo print but can only print on one side default since I cannot change the properties The only thing I can recall that might have any bearing on the problem is that I had previously printed to a file - something I rarely do I checked the settings and quot print to file quot is not selected I am printing to a HP LaserJet Pro M MFP series PCL printer and am using Windows operating system I have tried reinstalling both word processing programs and have reset the printer to default settings and updated If anyone can help with this problem I would greatly appreciate your help

A:Print properties dialog window does not appear

Printers can be very frustrating to say the least. When I've had printer problems in the past, this is what has worked for me:

1. Unplug the power to the printer
2. Wait about 30 seconds or so
3. Plug it in and let it go through it's initialization
4. Then try it again

If that doesn't work, try reloading the printer driver from the HP site. If it still doesn't work, try a system restore back to the last time the printer was working successfully. That's about all the tricks I know for printers. Hope it helps ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/print-properties-dialog-window-does-not-appear-972561.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have been infested with ise Property Getting Keep Window On Ise32 Properties Startup window which keep appearing on window start Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup up I have scan my computer with Norton and Window defender but to Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup no avail I would appreciate your help to solve them problem Below is the Logfile I look forward to your reply Thank you Best reguards LeoComboFix - - - xiaoleo - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT Running from C Users xiaoleo Desktop ComboFix exe Created a new restore point Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Windows System Adobe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Garena - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Hamachi Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Hamachi - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers hamachi sys - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Fujitsu - - - - --a------ C Windows System mcmde dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System EncDec dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisdecd dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisrndr ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System Mpeg Data ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSDvbNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymIMV sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir cat - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir inf - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symtdi sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symfw sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symndisv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symids sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symredrv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symdns sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System GameUXLegacyGDFs dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System gameux dll Find M Report - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Skype - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming skypePM - - --------- d--h--w C Program Files InstallShield Installation Information - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Windows Mail - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT INF - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT SYS - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT CAT - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Symantec - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Norton - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Microsoft Help - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Counter-Strike - - --------- d-----w C Program Files jGRASP - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator - - --------- d-----w C Program Files MSBuild - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Visual Studio - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Motive - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Motive - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Motive - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Silverlight - - ----a-w C Windows System wshrm dll - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers rmcast sys - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Apple Software Update - - ----a-w C Windows System quartz dll - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Adobe - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iTunes - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iPod - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Bonjour - - --------- d-----w C Program Files QuickTime - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple Computer - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Apple - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple - - ----a-w C Windows System wininet dll - - ----a-w C Windows System iesetup dll - - ----a-w C Windows AppPatch iebrshim dll - - ----a-w C Windows System ieUnatt exe - - ----a-w C Users All Users ezsid dat - - ----a-w C PROGRA ezsid dat - - --sha-w C Program Files desktop ini Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser He... Read more

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum, explaining the nature of your problem. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.This topic is now closed. The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154417/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.46%

OK here is the problem. I've never had it before so I am not exactly sure how to fix it. Everytime I try to open up a new window one closes down. So it won't let me have more than one window open at a time. Please help me fellow computer peoples

A:Create new window, other window shuts down

Assuming this is windows explorer your talking about, try start> run> type control folders and click ok. In the general tab under browse folders select open each folder in its own window and click ok. You might also click the view tab, scroll down and check launch folder windows in a separate process and click ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/create-new-window-other-window-shuts-down.348906/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a large number of files which I am changing the naming convention for in the Title detail and am getting frustrated having to right click for properties and anvigate tabs ebfore being able to change each one. I can see the Title of the files in the Details view of the folder they are in, but there cannot find a way to edit them in that view other than the manner previosuly stated.

That being said, does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to change each title without aving to jump through hoops to edit them?

Thanks in advance.

-Clockwork

A:Wish to edit detail properties of files in window

Welcome to the Forums Clockwork,

So if I get it correctly you want to rename multiple files at once?
If so, go to the folder they are located in, click anywhere in the folder, hit crtl and a at the same time to select all the files and then hit F2

After that you'll see that the name banner of the first file in the folder turned empty. You can now type the name you want it to have in, and hit enter. It will change all the files to that name, followed up by a number.
Hope that that helps!
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291142-wish-edit-detail-properties-files-window.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Everytime i turn on my computer Sys32 properties appears on the screen of my window, please help me solve the problem
below is the detailed discription of the problem

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: c-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532

Size: 0 bytes

Thank you again
so02

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Have you checked to see if you are infected? Sometimes an infection will corrupt your onboard protection - so I suggest that you try these free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252Also, could you please post a screen shot of what appears on your desktop? Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199886/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been fighting properties window since I installed window 10...
I use this function a lot. The problem is the properties window opens in the background.
So I have to minimize all the windows I have open to see the properties window.
The weird thing is the properties window is the only one that does that, When I open a new
window of anything it opens in the forground.
Is there a way to force the properties window open in the forground...Thanks...

A:How to force the properties window open in the foreground!

I fixed it.. If anyone is having this same issue... This is what I used to fix my problem... It's for Windows 7 but it applies to windows 10...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...6-aa3364b4b1a7

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39679-how-force-properties-window-open-foreground.html
Relevancy 52.46%

HelloI have been infested with Sys32 properties window which keep appearing on window start up. I have tried by Norton anti virus also but it never works. I would appeciate if you help me to solve this problem. Below is the window which appears:Sys 32 PropertiesType: ApplicationOrigin: S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013Size: 0 bytesThanks and best regardsRajEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

The System32 folder opens at startup because of a corrupt system registry value. The value could have been corrupted for a number of reasons to include malware or installing/uninstalling a program from the Internet which did not install/uninstall itself properly.Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #260 and click "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" in the right column. You will be prompted to download xp_systems32opens.vbs. Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.The problem could also be caused by empty run entries in your startup shortcuts which will open the system32 folder. Check the startup run registry entries and remove those entries. See System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows.These steps involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166169/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

A:Explorer Crashes on loading Properties Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyUK

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

Hi JohnnyUK have you seen this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp give it a shot. Also take a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-loading-properties-window-42813.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I turned on sharing for the C drive and added an Everyone group in Security to allow access to my other computer on my network. When I go to close the Properties window I a message that says "You are about to change the permissions settings on the root directory of the startup disk which can result in unexpected access problems and reduce security. Do you want to continue?".

I answered yes and it went through all the folders and gave an access denied message on system folders. After if was done I got the same message mentioned when I tried to exit the Properties window. So I removed sharing and the Everyone group. But I'm still in the same situation. I keep going through the same loop and can not exit the Properties window.

A:Can't exit Properties window for C drive after sharing

Open task manager and end the process all "explorer.exe" and "rundll32.exe"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-exit-properties-window-for-c-drive-after-sharing.830109/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I pops (deleted!?) startup 'Windows32 Properties' after window up posted this on the Software and Hardware forum but got told to try here This evening I went onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance EDIT Here is a Hijackthis log in case you need it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Dell 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Geek Squad Online Backup GeekSquadOnlineBackup exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Users Conor Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files Sports Interactive Football Manager fm exe C Users Conor Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809700/
Relevancy 51.6%

All my hard drives are tested as having no errors in "scan disk", but when attempting to make new folder and "renaming it", or when attempting to do a "properties" on any of my disks ... both cause the windows browser window to crash, and disappear.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438986-properties-selection-drive-crashes-browser-window.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have two questions that are not critical to the operation of my system but has been driving me crazy in an effort to research them to no avail The only thing that I am pretty sure of is that properties window Folder dialog Extra Tabs on the it Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window is a problem with the registry When I right click on a folder and then click properties the dialog window comes up with extra tabs This happens for every folder on my computer The extra tabs are the same tabs as the My Documents folder shortcut Target General and Sharing and the target window is C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents This results in Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window every folder having an extra General and Sharing tab and a Target tab with the My Documents target in it Interestingly enough the virtual folder that is listed in explorer for My Documents has only tabs but the My Documents folder inside Documents and Settings Owner the actual folder itself has the extra tabs just like every other folder A possibly connected problem is that the Add Remove section of the Control Panel no longer has the install dates or useage level for most programs The dates are in the HKLM uninstall registry keys but they are not being read for some reason I have been installing and uninstalling a lot of programs mostly antivirus antispyware firewall and utility programs in an effort to clean up and speed up my computer and test a lot of different applications This effort has been dramatically successful however I am left with these two minor but annoying issues I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago with being unable to install microsoft updates which cost me many hours of research and effort with the help of Microsoft Support but I managed to fix it partly with their help but mostly with web research Ended up re-installing Office I think this is when the issue of the missing install dates started as the installed programs since this time are showing the install date Any ideas especially about the extra tabs Screenshot is attached Thank you Sybrandus

A:Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

What happens if you click on one of the superfluous tabs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259636/extra-tabs-on-the-folder-properties-dialog-window/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys This evening I went after startup pops (deleted!?) window Properties' up 'Windows32 onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

A:'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?)

Windows32 might be malware related. You might want to post your thread in the Malware Removal section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809699/
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve used Calendar Creator Deluxe for a couple of years without problems but all of a sudden it crashes when I try to access the Properties window This happens using both right click and the menu The Properties window displays incompletely and then the dialog box pops up that says quot Calendar Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I thought the calendar file - Windows? Window Problems Solved: or Properties Creator Calendar was corrupt so I created a new calendar Same problem I did a repair install Same problem I Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows? uninstalled ran my reg cleaner Advanced System Optimizer and reinstalled It still crashes when the Properties window comes up In light of that history I suspect that the culprit may be Windows even though it only affects CC I ran ShellEx View and could not see any handlers that came specifically from Broderbund or anything that is specifically for the bcc file extension Any ideas on what could be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-properties-window-problems-calendar-creator-or-windows.579683/
Relevancy 51.17%

When i right click on My Computer icon and click Properties, System Properties window open for a second and immediately closes. I have the same problem even if i try to open System Properties from Control Panel. How do i solve this problem without doing system restore. Keyboard volume keys also not working

A:Windows 8 Enterprise system properties window closes immed

Hi

Windows 8 enterprise edition is only available in large quantities and it is targeted to companies. Is your copy is legal ?. Have you used any activators which floating on internet ?. The symptoms you described are common with pirated copies.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34809-windows-8-enterprise-system-properties-window-closes-immed.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I'm not really new to this vista System window desktop Personalize and disabled!! Properties, on control panel experience and all i have no serious problems encountered before aside from a few lags in the system when it starts or opens an application but just recently well yesterday I tried opening my system properties to run my OS in very minimal visual effects since it was running a little slow again I was not able to open the thing after right clicking the properties window in Computer also i have tried going to control panel but the only thing i can see after i click on the control panel button is a window with an empty space named windows explorer and it suddenly closed after like a second or so also i tried also opening my quot personalize quot on the desktop and it has the same response as with my control panel what probably is the problem with my computer i System Properties, Personalize window on desktop and control panel disabled!! read that it could be a malware but my anti-virus could not detect anything at all

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-properties-personalize-window-on-desktop-and-control-panel-disabled-339491.html
Relevancy 50.74%

HP Pavilion dv Home Premium Bought January not sure if I have Vista update can't access System Properties to find out My issues started last night I noticed that my Sidebar was showing but nothing was in it I went to properties and there were no gadgets listed I tried downloading a new gadget but it wouldn't load I restored my computer to days ago Still had volume? window flashes access System Can't Properties, closed Shadow the same problem I also realized today that I have no access to Admin functions I can't right click my Computer icon and access system Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? properties I can't get the update Windows icon to check or update my windows I can't access quot User Groups quot from the control panel Also I have been getting two error messages consistently The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working For more information view the event log x Please close System Restore and try again AND MMC cannot open file c Windows System CompMgmt msc I did go to the run window and ran the following net user Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? administrator active yes I restarted and the Admin account loaded HOWEVER when I went to see the sidebar again it was empty and I had no access to system functions I am at a complete loss Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? as to what to do I noticed that the computer has some of the symptoms of the Conficker virus but I have a good protector and I scanned my system and it said it was virus free That is at least enough information to get started Thank you in advance for any help you can offer short of reinstalling Vista I am out of ideas -Kat

A:Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume?

I solved this by downloading the second Vista patch and reinstalling it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231574-cant-access-system-properties-window-flashes-closed-shadow-volume.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone!

I tried to ignore this problem, but it has become increasingly frustrating when I have to work with files in Windows Explorer.

The problem is, when I right-click on a file and choose Properties, it takes 5-8 seconds to open the File Properties Window. Strangely, when I do the same with folders (Folder Properties) the window opens almost instantaneously as it should. I have tried to fiddle around with ShellExView but to no avail - after all, I assume that program is just for controlling context menu entries. I searched and googled but I couldn't find any similar problems, the closest I got was that software.

Do you know what's the problem? Thanks in advance! 

A:Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

You can keep disabling more non-microsoft extensions in shellexview and see if any of them are causing it (do a system backup first)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588418/windows-explorer-takes-5-8-seconds-to-open-a-file-properties-window/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello

I hoping someone can help me with this problem. I'm not particularly technical ! Everytime I try to upload or download from a web site, the following error message pops up and when I click 'Don't send' the site shuts down;

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16827 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 00012afb

I have tried re installing internet explorer but it still happens.

If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful.Many thanks.

A:Window Shuts Down

Does it do the same thing with another browser?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-shuts-down-377431.html
Relevancy 49.45%

When I run the cmd command, the DOS window comes up but goes away immediately. Please help.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Who can help me with the following problem When we visit this site www chessgames com the system start and you can choose a game and suddenly an explorer error occurs A message pops-up stating that the program will close and you can report the problem to microsoft Attached is a hijack this report file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost down window shuts explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe c program files mcafee explorer window shuts down com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe C WINDOWS NewMixer exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra explorer window shuts down mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C Program Files MSAC-FD MSSTAT EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer C WINDOWS NewMixer exe startup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MSKAGENTEXE C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Memory Stick Monitor lnk O - Global Startup EPSON Status Monitor Environment Check lnk C WINDOWS SYSTEM spool drivers w x E SRCV EXE O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra button no name - FD BF-D F - b -BB - CCF E - c ... Read more

A:explorer window shuts down

In the box that pops up about sending the error to Microsoft there is a link on the box that gives the error message - this error message is what we need to try to properly diagnose your problem. Also someone from our HJT team will be reading your log file and getting back to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-window-shuts-down.491940/
Relevancy 49.02%

Sir,
My pc while surfing online and offline(sometimes) shuts down and again restarts and displays:
"windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown
problem signature:
problem event name : Bluescreen
os version:6.1.7600.0.0.256.1
Locacle ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1 :84D58510
BCP2:8F2159BO
BCP3:00000000
BCP4:00000002
OS Version:6_1_7600
ServicePack:0_0
Product:256_1
I am attaching SF_04-12-2012.7z zip genrated file for your kind information.
Please help and guide me to slove this problem.
thanking you.

A:window 7 shuts and restarts again

sir,
I attach my zip file as this was not uploaded eariler.thanks
I attach my recent zip file renamed as mu username adasalgi: my problem remains the same. Please help and oblige.
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267544-window-7-shuts-restarts-again.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Ive been having this weird problem when I play any game as soon as my pc starts the game window is minimized and when I bring it back up it just does it again ive tried everything from adaweare to spy bot nothing works.

Relevancy 48.16%

Beginning on or about Jan my computer began shutting down random ly Irunning AVG anti virus software down Computer 7 randomly shuts Window I tried to system resore to a prevous date with no help I ran CCleaner no help Here is my info Tech Window 7 Computer shuts down randomly Support Window 7 Computer shuts down randomly Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated and Enabled I have run quot Who Crashed quot and got this report Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA F D xFFFFF B C D xFFFFFA CC Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA F D xFFFFF B C D xFFFFFA CC Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE Bug check description This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA F xFFFFF B C D xFFFFFA D B E Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Sun AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA F xFFFFF D D xFFFFFA CCAA Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Sat PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA F CA xFFFFF B C D xFFFFFA F A Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Ker... Read more

A:Window 7 Computer shuts down randomly

j:
Personally, I would avoid the full memory dumps, as suggested. They are really large, tens of MB.

How often do the random problems occur? Daily, weekly, monthly?

Which brand, model & model # computer or motherboard?

When did the computer last work well?

What changed? Perhaps a hardware or software install or removal; W7 update [ check W7's update history ]; an update to your anti malware or other program?

Does the computer plug directly into the wall, or into a device? If a device, plug it directly into the wall. Verify that the cord is secure at each end & that there are no kinks or breaks in the cord.

Which power supply; brand; model & model #; # of watts.
Age of each piece of hardware, please.

Has your computer been connected [ not necessarily on; simply connected ] during a lightning storm? Lightning from as distant as 100 km can cause problems.

Which, if any diags have you run?
A mem / ram diag can be run from the W7 repair options.

I've used OCCT for CPU & GPU diags.
www.ocbase.com

Which brand, model # model # for your hard disk drive [ HDD ]?

edit: Copy the 6 most recent memory dumps to a folder. Zip the folder to <folder_name>.zip . Return here. Use "go advanced"
use "manage attachments". Upload the .zip folder.
1 of us will analyze the dumps for you.

Would you describe yourself as a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?
end edit.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-7-computer-shuts-down-randomly.1086107/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,
I bought my laptop from dell 4 months ago. I have called them twice about this issue, bought more ram and still it happens. I am in a chat window, MSN or YAHOO and even the small Facebook chat window and my screen goes black and computer shuts down. I hit the button to turn it back on and everything is as I left it! Dell now tells me its a software problem not hardware after I bought more RAM!
I updated my Java and un-installed the Yahoo Messenger as I thought perhaps I had downloaded a corrupted copy, and its still happening.
Any suggestions?

A:Vista shuts down when I'm in a chat window!

Try it in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it still happens

How to Start in Safemode with Networking

1. Restart your computer.
2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-shuts-down-when-im-in-a-chat-window.843044/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a dell computer,window 7. it shuts down by itself when i'm browsing the web or any other thing, it takes very very long to start up and sometime it don't go to the welcome screen, it gets blue screen instead and freeze, it also freezes when i'm browsing. I don't know what to do. the last 2 times i took it to a computer technician to fix it, he delete all my files on my computer completely. but the problem was fix. not taking it to him again. i need someone here to help me please.

Relevancy 48.16%

Os XP w/sp2
athlon cpu
cable DSL

I use Yahoo as home page. Also, email.

When I use the browse button to attach a file to an email, IE shuts down. There are no error messages. IE will start up again ok.

I have run Trendmicro antivirus, Nortons AV, avg, and Microsoft Live Health Center. Everything checks OK.

On two occasions a dll problem came up "yiesrvc adon.dll error", but I assme that one of the registry cleanup programs fixd it, as I havn't seen it lately.

The Yahoo tool bar has disappeared during this episode.

When I try to use the browse button to change the desktop properties, the entire window closes.

I need help.

Thanks
Blake

Relevancy 48.16%

So we have Dell Optiplex 9020's in our classrooms running Windows 10 for the first time this semester. Randomly when someone goes to turn the machine on it's acts like it's booting, but a few seconds later the machine just turns off. If you hit the power button and turn the machine off and back on it will do the same thing and shut down. If you boot into BIOS and then restart the machine from there it will come up fine. This is happening on a good many of our machines, but it's random. Sometimes it will start up just fine. Other times it will shutdown after a few seconds.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438636-window-10-shuts-down-within-few-seconds-starting-up.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have some sort of bug in this PC Its opening up a window then closing it immediately Wierd Also the PC seems to be clicking twice every few shuts opens window and immediately...... Weird bug, it minutes for no apparent reason Again weird Anyway here is my log I would be delighted if somebody coulc sort this out Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Weird bug, opens window and shuts it immediately...... C WINDOWS System keyhook exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe C WINDOWS System Rundll exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BlueSoleil exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Documents and Weird bug, opens window and shuts it immediately...... Settings Matthew Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news bbc co uk sport R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS System keyhook exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run TomTomHOME exe quot C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe quot -s O - HKLM Run spa start C WINDOWS System Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS System e fa - f- e-dbc - b dll quot DllInit O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MtdAcq C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE s O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares Ares exe quot -h O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgma... Read more

A:Weird bug, opens window and shuts it immediately......

Please check your PM inbox. I need to verify something first before we start on this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/weird-bug-opens-window-and-shuts-it-immediately-243323.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there I currently have a strange issue with my Yoga nbsp OutlineThe keyboard shuts down when the OS loads It works perfectly fine in the BIOS diagnostic tools and my bootloader grub but shuts down immidiately when the OS starts This issues is not related to a specific OS The TrackPoint on the keyboard is not affected by this issue An external usb-keyboard works fine nbsp What I tried so far Did a BIOS update Removed the keyboard and re-connected it Ran the diagnostics tool to see if there are any hints Tried a Windows installation medium to rule out that my bootloader causes the issue Tried Arch Linux to rule out that my Ubuntu installation causes the issue Lots and lots of reading nbsp Additional Notes Debugging the low-level keyboard input on Linux shows that the keyboard is recognized but there is absolutely nothing coming from it nbsp No I am completely clueless Yoga OS (Window... shuts keyboard (20DM) 14 when down on what else I can do Does somebody have a clue on what might be the issue Yoga 14 (20DM) keyboard shuts down when OS (Window...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-14-20DM-keyboard-shuts-down-when-OS-Windows-or-Linux-loads/td-p/3382925
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i just wanted to post this becuase I think a explorer mkv when files down opening window shuts certain lot of poeple have this problem When opening certain mkv files that i knew where not viruses my windows would automatically shut down The whole folder would become usless and i wasnt even able to delete it i was getting the message windows explorer is shutting down then it woudl restart I searched everywhere on the internet window explorer shuts down when opening certain mkv files to find answers and did everything from scaning my comp for viruses right to comtemplating touching my registry but the answer was so simple that i feel like such a dumb a for wasting so much time on this A lot of poeple said stuff about fixing the thumbnails and i actually tried it but i un ticked the wrong thing so it didnt work but if you are having this same problem this is how I fixed it I opened up a folder that was usable and went into the top left hand of the folder and clicked organize then i went into folder and search options and then clicked view now the first time i did this i unticked display files on thumbnails thinking that was what people meant when really i needed to tick the very top option which is always show icon never thumbnails This is for windows but you can find the same folder options on vista and so on I i hope that this at least helps someone because i wish seomone had told me this two days ago and i would have saved myself a lot of time and effort

A:window explorer shuts down when opening certain mkv files

hi...ur solution is working fine..thanks a ton for the same...

Im facing one more problem with mkv files...when i try to copy any mkv file to my nokia phone it says explorer restart...please help me with this...i did not have problem earlier about 5 months ago...pls help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/184849-window-explorer-shuts-down-when-opening-certain-mkv-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

After surfing the net. watching videos from youtube, my computer suddenly shuts itself off. After rebooting my computer. The folder icon became corrupted and I can't seem to delete it. It gives the message ' windows is not responding '. After restarting the computer once again, the folder becomes accessible again but the file icon is still corrupted. I tried changing and restoring the icon but neither seem to work. It annoys me alot and I hope someone could help me :/

A:File icon corrupted after window 7 suddenly shuts down.

Hello xlord02

Try this - Icon Cache - Rebuild
If that doesn't solve the icon issue please post back with a screenshot of the icons - Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204758-file-icon-corrupted-after-window-7-suddenly-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi my computer started shutting down on its own I thought I was in the clear after installing a quality anti-virus program and removing all extra applications Unfortunately I had 'guests' use my computer and even though they may not be to blame I am having the following problems now I have a number of unknown processes running including jqs exe Slower performance Windows will shutdown its disappeared has own, program shuts down on Window anti-virus on its own My virus program is nowhere to be found doesn't load and all the McAfee folders are gone except one I followed the instructions and Window shuts down on its own, anti-virus program has disappeared ran the scans Thank You DDS Ver - - Window shuts down on its own, anti-virus program has disappeared - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Window shuts down on its own, anti-virus program has disappeared Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrUI exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG Configuration Utility WG CFG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Malware Removal dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB ImageShack Toolbar d -abc - -a c-d a e - c windows imageshacktoolbar ImageShackToolbar dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - EB BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun DVDLauncher quot c program files powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun dla c windows system dla tfswctrl exe mRun UpdateManager quot c program files common files sonic update manager sgtray exe quot r mRun BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe mRun RoxioDragToDisc quot c program files roxio easy media creator drag to disc DrgToDsc exe quot mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun WD Drive Manager c program files western digital wd drive manager WDBtnMgrUI exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun ConnectionCenter quot c program files citrix ica client concentr exe quot startup mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse win startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files ado... Read more

A:Window shuts down on its own, anti-virus program has disappeared

BUMP, please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/window-shuts-down-on-its-own-anti-virus-program-has-disappeared-500223.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My wife's computer has a problem I can't work out - though I suspect it's a simple setting I can't find.

Whenever she opens a second IE window the earlier one closes immediately. She can't have two windows on screen. This is true even if a right mouse click selects open link in new window. The link opens but the previous page shuts.

I have run Spybot, Adaware, Cleanup and virus checker.

I have now set up Mozilla for her which works fine. but I'm still puzzled why IE doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

A:Int. Explorer allows only one window open. Shuts earlier windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/int-explorer-allows-only-one-window-open-shuts-earlier-windows.314332/
Relevancy 46.87%

So I bought this Gateway DX -EF P from Future Shop in October ever since I ve bought it maybe it started weeks after or so it would just randomly shut down To my knowledge I ve done everything I can Great thing is for me I bought the wife the exact same PC so no arguments about Shuts is PC window out Lost for Randomly step words, the grrrrr next Off!!! who gets the better PC I ve swapped everything except the mobo can t see any possiblity of that PC Randomly Shuts Off!!! Lost for words, next step is out the window grrrrr fried benchmarks at full specs to see if it s overheating I m playing SWTOR on full settings no lag and it doesnt shut down But for some reason streaming Netflix sometimes Facebook Vids of the time and Youtube of the time will shut it down with no warning Drivers are up to date Flash I m running latest version of Mozilla I PC Randomly Shuts Off!!! Lost for words, next step is out the window grrrrr mean I barely ever use any of my cores Was told it was a heating issues but ran WoW and SWTOR all night with no problems checked the log and it was running between - degrees in the morning load youtube and BAMMMM This is my last resort before having to wait weeks for FutureShop to send it back to Gateway no Thanks Any Ideas Oh and Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway DX Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:PC Randomly Shuts Off!!! Lost for words, next step is out the window grrrrr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-randomly-shuts-off-lost-for-words-next-step-is-out-the-window-grrrrr.1035769/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, a small blue windows appears quickly only when the computer is connected to the internet, and then the computer shuts down. The window appears too quickly to read it thouroughly, but it may say something about dumpreg. I've attached the logs, editing the name of one of my friend's folders to "...," as the folder name is my friend's real name. The viruses appear to be in the startup folder, but when I go there I can't find them. Thanks. p.s. I like the caveat that appears in the DDS download about the volunteers at bleeping computer not being paid staff, so common courtesy is appreciated. Must have gotten a lot of disgruntled responses (and maybe still do before from people who want you to "hurry up and fix my bleeping computer!"

A:Small blue window appears and computer shuts down automatically

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412654/small-blue-window-appears-and-computer-shuts-down-automatically/
Relevancy 46.44%

I m following a set of lessons for VB reached to tutorial number - out of the link of video is down http bit ly VxDFS Abstract I played For the sake of exploring amp learning with the quot Properties Window quot consequently I tried clicking quot Hide quot and it happened actually the windows got hided However I tried to get the window back I succeeded Back Solved: Right-Handed VB Window" 2010 in Platform the "Properties Returning but The problem The MAIN PROBLEM is that it s no longer back in the right-handed side Exactly like where the quot Properties Window quot is in the video mentioned above So can you tell us where it exactly open Yes Can you guys see the opened tabs above in the video gt Form vb - Form vb Design It opens as a Solved: Returning Back the "Properties Window" in 2010 VB Platform Right-Handed NEW TAB WITH THEM ABOVE Which complicates the whole process when I need to move around to do stuff Any hint to get the window right-side back Platform Microsoft VB Express Same platform as in the video nbsp

A:Solved: Returning Back the "Properties Window" in 2010 VB Platform Right-Handed

Why my post is inactive? You guys gotta solve it, it's super-easy, I just need a help-out!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-returning-back-the-properties-window-in-2010-vb-platform-right-handed.1105678/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running XP on an IBM Thinkpad A M laptop I have done something that has changed my screen size to a x inch instead of the normal x inch that it should be Everything inside the screen is normal size and is positioned to fit onto the screen In playing around with settings I changed the DPI Properties" Solved: No window "Display in buttons from the normal to a DPI of and how I can t change it back Reason is I can t get to the buttons at the bottom of the quot Display Properties quot window the bottom of the window is cut off and I can t scroll down In the quot Settings quot tab I can just get to the tops of the quot Troubleshoot quot amp quot Advanced quot buttons but in the quot Advanced quot screen I can click on the quot dpi Solved: No buttons in "Display Properties" window quot option but can t save it because the quot OK quot button is off the bottom of the screen Also I am using a dual-boot with partitions in DOS and the other in Windows This screen size is the same in both Will appreciate any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

When I right-click on my desktop and click on quot Properties quot it takes approximately minutes for the quot Display Properties quot window to come up I have the same coming why? slow "Display Properties" in very up, window response time issue when I click on Settings- gt Control Panel- gt Display I ve done some analysis and discovered that when I perform this action only the following process is launched quot C WINNT system rundll exe quot shell dll Control RunDLL desk cpl However I am unable to determine why it is taking so long I downloaded and installed the new video drivers for my Dell Latitude C yesterday afternoon Since then I have rebooted my machine I am running Windows At the time I ran the test this morning I attempted to minimize the number of processes "Display Properties" window very slow in coming up, why? running on my machine Before I tried to display the quot Display Properties quot window the processes running on my system were processes before After I right-clicked on my desktop and clicked on Properties the processes running on my system were processes after What steps can I take to determine why it is taking over five minutes for the quot Display Properties quot window "Display Properties" window very slow in coming up, why? to appear Thank you nbsp

A:"Display Properties" window very slow in coming up, why?

Did this start after loading the new drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-window-very-slow-in-coming-up-why.235953/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a folder of home videos that I 6.41Gb says says folder 2.67Gb, properties properties *.* back up to a USB key with Syncback The key is nearly full and I'm trying to reduce the size of that folder But here's the thing If I folder properties says 2.67Gb, *.* properties says 6.41Gb right-click on my 'Home videos' folder and select 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb However if I open the folder and search for to show all the files then select all right-click 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb Still at the bottom of the Windows Explorer window it says items selected This is the case on both the folder in My Documents on the PC and also the matching folder on the USB key Treesize also shows Gb for both folders In fact as far as I can figure what with everything else on the same USB key there wouldn't even be room for a Gb folder I've tried showing both hidden and system files and folders but there's nothing extra to see Can anyone please explain this anomaly I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399832-folder-properties-says-2-67gb-properties-says-6-41gb.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello i Have the above problem while I try to share a printer on a domain network.
My windows firewall (localy) is also damage, is that the problem that I have to solve first?

Windows 8  - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties  [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved.  There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.   [OK]

A:Windows 8 - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. [OK]

You may need to reinstall the printer. Remove the printer driver from Control Panel\Programs and Features, then add the printer from Devices and Printers.

Please note that if the printer driver is not in the list in Devices and Printers, I suspect that the printer is currently not compatible with Windows 8. In this case I suggest you contact the printer manfuacturer for more information.
Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c50023fb-6450-40ee-8239-5ab532f29b7d/windows-8-cannot-share-a-printer-error-message-appears-quotwindow-title-printer-properties?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 42.14%

hi - recently purchased W10 laptop......when i send a mail (even inside a new window) it closes the entire WMail open window n requires a couple of painful clicks to return to normal window.....ugh! any know why n how 2 fix?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/37931-windows-mail-sent-mail-shuts-down-entire-wm-window.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi - recently purchased W10 laptop......when i send a mail (even inside a new window) it closes the entire WMail open window n requires a couple of painful clicks to return to normal window.....ugh! any know why n how 2 fix?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37931-windows-mail-sent-mail-shuts-down-entire-wm-window.html
Relevancy 38.7%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bryan at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files down after splash Norton when shuts shuts manual screen microsoft down money scan, starting Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI SA Norton shuts down when starting manual scan, microsoft money shuts down after splash screen EXE C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrUI exe C WINDOWS system Norton shuts down when starting manual scan, microsoft money shuts down after splash screen wuauclt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Garmin gStart exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet k series Bin hpoorn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Bryan Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE ER XC I dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp src referrer source uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit uRun gStart c garmin gStart exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe uRun Picasa Me... Read more

A:Norton shuts down when starting manual scan, microsoft money shuts down after splash screen

I followed the directions to post my log files correctly, I'm hoping someone can analyze this soon? Thank you so much in advanced for your help! Bryan===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232547/norton-shuts-down-when-starting-manual-scan-microsoft-money-shuts-down-after-splash-screen/
Relevancy 38.27%

It all started when i opened some foreign file and it mustve been a virus or something. That triggered my computer to make these weird whirring clicky noises. Then my computer shut down. That day, i tryied to turn it on, it worked. However, the monitor didnt display anything. The computer was running but something to do with the bios just wasn't working.
Later on, my father fixed it.
However. NOW, the computer randomly shuts off by itself.
I'd start the computer on, and usually, the computer would start to make these noises similar to that of a computer reading a disc.
after the noises, the computer shuts off, and restarts by itself.
Anyone have any ideas?

A:Computer shuts makes busy noise then shuts off randomly

Your hard drive may be faulty. What is the make and model of the system and what is the brand of the hard drive inside the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-makes-busy-noise-then-shuts-off-randomly.932373/
Relevancy 38.27%

So this time the problem started out as a simple issue Whenever I bump the desk or move the keyboard out with too much force the computer shuts off Everybody told me that it could have been a loose connection so I checked it all and replugged everything back in The computer starting working fine for about hours then it just shut off randomly while I was playing a game shuts off computer and around it any Power shuts off randomly, movement This time though it shut off without me bumping into anything SO is this a power supply issue I m using a -watt supply while running a GT This is the right power amount so that s not my concern And Power shuts off randomly, and any movement around computer shuts it off now the problem has gotten worse to the point where I turn on the computer and nothing shows up again Windows doesn t load and the screen Power shuts off randomly, and any movement around computer shuts it off is on too You here the fans and everything but nothing will load All my parts from my old issue were replaced EXCEPT the power supply and CD-drive I don t think it could be another loose connection b c now nothing even shows up Please help nbsp

A:Power shuts off randomly, and any movement around computer shuts it off

Have you tried plugging into a different surge protector and different outlet?

Sounds like you need to swap the power supply to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-shuts-off-randomly-and-any-movement-around-computer-shuts-it-off.653308/
Relevancy 33.97%

Whenever I play a movie or a game, after about 20 mins or so the display stops working. On some occasions the computer will just shut off. I have ran a AIDA64 benchmark test on my machine with all hardware devices and the system performs well. (Test ran for 5 hours +) I also checked my cpu temperatures and when I do play a movie or game temps rise into the 75C + range. I have replaced my power supply with a(thermaltake 600w tr2) and even bought a ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa 92mm FSB cooler to help but still no solution to my problem. I also tried putting in a pci-express video card and the problem still happens.

A:Computer display shuts off/computer shuts down. During video tasks.

75c isnt hot hot, but is a little hot for watching movies.

what cooler do you have on your cpu? and what are the idle temperatures?
also how long do they take to recover from the highest to the lowest temp?

this could be something as simple as poorly applied thermal compound.

im not saying it is over heating its just one possibility.
especially if youve a cpu with a built in apu and not a discreet gpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318125-computer-display-shuts-off-computer-shuts-down-during-video-tasks.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Whenever I add an attachment to my emails, and even here on your website when I uploaded the attached pics, the 'Choose to Upload' pop-up window containing (in this case) my pics ALWAYS (but never used to) opens in the Details mode instead of Thumbnails where I can actually view the pics to be attached prior to attaching them.
I would like the default setting for this occurrence to obviously be in the Thumbnails mode.

In a related issue I would also like to be able to load more than one pic at a time when attaching pics to emails, etc...
Is there such a setting?

Thanks for the assistance

A:Default Settings for 'Choose File To Upload' Window, Window displays 'Details' vs 'Th

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-settings-for-choose-file-to-upload-window-window-displays-details-vs-th.1105888/
Relevancy 33.54%

Window Media Player is a strangely behaving when I try to play either audio CD or Video DVD.
Some times I could play audio CD and sometimes I can record CD and save it in my personal computer. 
May I doing something wrong?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/598e65c2-6501-4e33-afb5-79cdc6cfc67e/codecs-both-for-audio-and-video-in-window-media-player-for-operating-system-window-7?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Thanks for all the help I want to make my shorcuts start programs and windows In WIndows Xp Pro SP at a a or custom Start and position window a at size specific program window certain position and with a certain size For instance I want to open Excell at position x Start a window or program at a specific position and custom window size y with a window size of x or maybe a internet explorer window at position with a window size of x I gave the odd numbers in the example so that people responding will understand that I want CUSTOM SIZES I know how to set the shortcuts to start maximized and minimized and also window tiling That's not what I'm talking about Does anyone know of shortcut switch that I can use For instance in some games if you want to start the game with cheats enabled you put quot -devmode quot after the directory path in the quot target quot box of the shortcut properties Is there any other way There is an awesome program called quot Montage quot http www ideaxchg com montage which I use but isn't exactly what I'm looking for Please help out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-a-window-or-program-at-a-specific-position-and-custom-window-size-395531.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure which Windows update caused this, but ever since that download, whenever I close a window, the little blue disc keeps turning until the window DOES finally close. (Hope you understand what I'm saying.) This happens after closing EACH window, ALL the time.

Essentially, it takes a few extra secs for the closed window to really close. It's irritating/frustrating because I don't know how to fix it. I've put as much of my comp's info in my profile as I know or could find. Have been working with comps for six or so years. Not a total dummy, help alot of friends , and always reaching to learn more.

Have never seen this problem anywhere or it would be fixed by now, lol Can't STAND the waiting it causes til I can move onto something else.

Any suggestions?? PLEASE???

CompInfo: Vista Ultimate, IE8--See Profile for more.

I thank you for your time.

A:Closing a window causes little blue disc to turn til window finally DOES close

Welcome
Lets try two steps to see if we can fix the problem
Assuming that you are using IE go to>tools>internet options>advanced>resest and see if that helps.
Second try with clean boot to see if some software is behind the problem
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If it works follow the instructions to find the precise cause

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287863-closing-window-causes-little-blue-disc-turn-til-window-finally-does-close.html
Relevancy 33.54%

well i ordered a studio xps 9000 and i forgot to ask my dell salesperson about how my free mcafee subscription be renewed if i install a window 7 free upgrade from a window vista?well my mcafee free subscription be gone forever or is there a way for me to get it back???

A:mcafee free suabscription be gone forever if install window 7 from window vista?

Me too

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19294658
Relevancy 33.54%

Been messing with this for days. When I open the Control Panel I do not have the option to switch the view on the left side pane. All that is there is the See Also window. I went to view, Toolbar, Customize and added the views icon to the toolbar. As long as I keep the customize toolbar box open and move it up or down I can see it on the toolbar. Once I close the Customize Toolbar window the view icon grays out on the tool bar. My back button is the same way. I checked in another users window and the control panel is fine. I have Windows XP SP3. I am the Admin on the PC. Any help would be great.

A:Category and Classic view window missing on Control Panel window

In the Control Panel window click on the Tools tab > Folder Options, click on the "Show common tasks in folders" button and click OK or Apply. That should restore the Category and Classic View options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/category-and-classic-view-window-missing-on-control-panel-window.135651/
Relevancy 33.54%

i couldnt think of how to describe it for the title easily and I am about to go home to maybe tomorrow I will work it out.

My Vista box is currently demonstrating curious behaviour. When I open IE7 I select a favorite and it opens a new window with that favorite in it. If I do a search with my default provider in the original window, the search results appear in a new tab in the second window.

The second window does not display this behaviour. It works normally with my standard settings - open favorites in the current tab.

Again, favorites chosen in the first window continue to appear in the second window. Search results too.

Running IE7 in safe mode stops this behaviour but I have not installed any new software and I have removed all my temporary internet files/addon settings etc.

Any ideas would be great. Funny old game eh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-opens-new-window-and-sends-all-new-page-requests-to-that-window.121568/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi All - Thankyou in Advance My issue is all the network can window Ping only window see 7 after test to desktops 10 Network tablet see each other but when u send or transfer to or from Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops the tablet win - It cannot send through wireless network even through you can tend to see all networks name on the Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops network list etc BUT after ping it shows st test no response and Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops then nd to th shows ping and successful etc then I click on network and can see Send files to all networks or the network you choose etc as Previously but NOW you can send and receive files etc - it will only work after you ping - any ideas how to solve this Just a head up i was thinking its along power management in WiFi but it doesn't have a setting for it on window and make things worst after i think about minutes or so you have to ping again to see network etc It appears something going to sleep mode or power saver mode etc but wifi or network i cannot see any information or power mangement Please Help - This is doing my head in ha Also Try drivers update and window update no change

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54383-network-see-only-after-ping-test-window-10-tablet-window-7-desktops.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I would like to be able to open a new browser window in Firefox which would start at the identical location to the one that's open rather than opening at the home page.

In IE, File / New / Window works well for this purpose, and then if you wanted it to start at the Home Page, you could just run Explorer a second time.

It gives the flexibility of going off on other trails with the additional window, but still having the original window open. I'm not crazy about tabs which take up extra space in the browsing window. However, is there even a way to open a new tab at the same location as the current window? Maybe I'm missing the joy of tabs somehow and am stuck in my old way of thinking. Still, I would like to know if what I want is possible.

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Open new browse window at same location as current window

Hi I don't think that is an option but I understand what your after and this is the way I do it with keyboard short cuts of

Ctrl + C = copy (While holding down Ctrl tap the C key once)
Ctrl + V = paste
Ctrl + T = new tab
Ctrl + N = New page

OK starting with tabs which I think is the best thing since sliced bread. You have the page open that you want to start with go up to the URL at the top of the page (do it with this page) click only once on the URL this will highlight it or if you like to say select it.

Now to copy the URL Ctrl + C your computer will remember this link until you either copy something else or you shut down the computer.

Now we open a new tab Ctrl + T a new blank tab will open and the URL location is blank but with the cursor already in it so we paste the URL there by Ctrl + V and tap the enter key and you have the duplicate page

Now working with a new page there is just a couple of small differences.

You have the page open that you want to start with go up to the URL at the top of the page (once again do it with this page) click only once on the URL this will highlight it or if you like to say select it.

Now we open a new page with Ctrl + N a new page will open but the difference is it will not be blank it will be your home page so as there is already a URL that we want to get rid of. The simple way is to once again click on it only once to select it then paste the saved URL by Ctrl + V and tap the enter key and you have your duplicate page. I may have made this sound involved but just try it once and you will see it's quite simple.

Another thing I do is when I have a google search page open or a page with several links I want to look at.

I hold down Ctrl while I click on links that way I still have my original page and everything opens in new tabs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-open-new-browse-window-at-same-location-as-current-window-370861.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I have strange problem when I open a window as a dialog and from this window want to open report as well as dialog but the report opens as a form type and under the first window, which is not good to me I need to see the report dialog window as first. Do you have any idea??
The code I am opening the report window is
DoCmd.OpenReport "SC_Cd", acViewReport, , , , acDialog

Thank you very much

Relevancy 33.54%

I have a Lenovo N laptop Last open Window IE when doesn't full over window screen hover week I had to do a factory reset with help from Lenovo Tech Support because of compatibility problems with new software from my employer and windows which is actually worse than windows The compatibility problems caused my screen to go black When booting the Lenovo logo appeared and I had a cursor but nothing else accept a black screen I tried suggestions found here and the Lenovo help forum but none worked and the factory reset was the last resort Now I am back to using Windows this was actually the second factory reset due to other problems caused by win Anyway everything is working for now and I also have Classic Shell installed HOWEVER before this second factory reset when I had multiple windows open aero peek worked fine Now it doesn't I followed earlier suggestions of right clicking the taskbar then clicking Properties but the box Window doesn't open full screen when hover over IE window for quot Use Peek quot is dimmed grayed out so I cannot check it to enable aero peek I got used to this feature in Win and was glad to see it in Win but it is the only feature about Win and that I like Thanks for your help

A:Window doesn't open full screen when hover over IE window

Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56771-window-doesnt-open-full-screen-when-hover-over-ie-window.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hello folks im running an amd athlon chip and windows xo pro now i dont think my system has to many issues affecting performance but something that is really peculier is when i shut down my system i get the following quot hidden window not responding quot and quot peer listen window not responding quot ive tried doing some research on the net regarding these but can find really no reference for it im wondering if that can be cause by someone listening in on an open port if yahoo mesenger is open ive tried to clos yahoo messenger and then shutting listen window window peer hijack issue hidden log & & down and sometimes i dont get the msg and other times i do any ideas and of course here is the hijack log im sure i got more issues than im aware of kinda like opening the proverbial can of worms aint it btw i know i have some quot spyware from retrospect quot on this machine but that is self installed to watch others activity previously when i needed it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan hidden window & peer listen window issue & hijack log saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C hidden window & peer listen window issue & hijack log WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c progra mcafee MCAFEE MssSrv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C WINDOWS MXOALDR EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C progra mcafee MCAFEE MssCli exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP POPUPS EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS webshots scr c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C downloads hijackthis hijacjthisunzipped HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL C WINDOWS secure html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO URLLink Class - A AACF -ADF - D - A - E B E - C Program Files NewDotNet newdotnet dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO no name - B - - - BEA- DDC DCA - C WINDOWS System midimapi dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - ... Read more

A:hidden window & peer listen window issue & hijack log

The first thing you should do is to go to add/remove programs in the control panel and remove any references to viewMgr and also new.net .... then repost your log ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hidden-window-peer-listen-window-issue-hijack-log.350806/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I am using Windows Internet Explorer XP - Version xpsp sp rtm Recently I ve noticed that I cannot view in full screen anymore Let me explain I created a website that lets a user enter their name Window Screen Not Displaying Anymore. Window Browser in Full XP and social and then choose a test in of languages Once you choose a language a new browser window opens and the test information is displayed in this new window Since end of last year it worked correctly A new browser window would open and it would be in full screen mode You could NOT see the very top of the page - where it gives you the page title and the options to close the window or minimize expand it Now all of a sudden it Window XP Browser Window Not Displaying in Full Screen Anymore. displays all that information - title close option etc Does anyone know why this is And how I can put it back to being full screen FYI - I think this may have something to do with a service pack upgrade within the last couple weeks but am not positive Also I know that lots of people were having issues with the Service Pack and all the bugs Can anyone shed any light on this issue and what I can do to fix it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi ,

I am developing a BHO in C# that is using Win32 Window with the toolbar , In all the scenarios in IE6, IE7 XP, Vista and IE8 Xp this window is displaying correctly on before IE window i.e it is showing in front, But in Vista IE Protected mode ON, this window is showing behind the IE Main Window,

How to Bring this window before the IE main in Vista Protected Mode ON.

Is there any security restrictions for this ?

Any Help would be appreciable

Kumaravel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/popup-window-is-going-behind-the-ie-window-in-ie8-beta2-vista-protected-mode-on-301953.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Whenever I search in W7, I want to have the ability to open found folders in a new window. If I r-click, that option is not there. Is there a way to add this to W7?

Also: When I go to 'open file location', the file's folder opens in the same window - highly annoying. In Vista, it opens in a new window. Anyway to change this behvior in W7 to act like Vista, so the file opens in a new window?

Thanks!

A:Adding 'open in new window' to search results, & opening in new window

assume this option was there on your windows 7 earlier? did you make any changes to your computer recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214561-adding-open-new-window-search-results-opening-new-window.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hi.
i am using windows xp home on a wireless router while my bro is using windows xp pro on the LAN of the router. he is able to access my pc after i shared my drive but i couldnt access his at all. his is also shared and i hav set up a small network with the same name. i can see the name of his pc but i couldnt enter. the error msg reads :
" \\name of pc is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if u have xs permissions. Logon failure : the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

my bros pc is on Norton antivirus 2005. and both our service pack is SP1.

thanx

A:window xp home cant connect to pc with window xp pro on a setuped small network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-home-cant-connect-to-pc-with-window-xp-pro-on-a-setuped-small-network.423985/
Relevancy 33.54%

After rebooting my system, it recommended that i do a start up repair. After the repair completed i recieved the black screen right before choosing USER , so i tried 3x more to repair which each completed but same outcome till the point it just says cant repair automatically . Then i tried to system restore which failed also , but the catch is my system boots fine from Safe Mode...anyone have any ideas of what to do from Safe Mode to return my boot up back to normal? All Help is appreciated

A:Window 7 Start-Up Repair completes but window fails to boot.

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
starting with full Malwarebytes scan in Safe Mode with Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268995-window-7-start-up-repair-completes-but-window-fails-boot.html
Relevancy 33.54%

After about 10 minutes of being booted up, my computer acts very strange:

If I have a window open - any window (i.e., any application), and I click on the X (upper-right-hand corner) to exit the application, the application ends, but the display does not go away. In other words, the application has in fact ended, but the window stays on the screen.

Similarly, if I merely minimize the application, the display stays on the screen, even though in fact the application has been minimized.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3

I've run everything, including combofix

A:Minimize or close (exit) window, window stays on screen

Hello hepplewhite212,

Could you please give me just a tad more info please? When did this start? And, do you happen to use Firefox? I see you ran ComboFix, but it looks like this started before you did so I'd like to rule that out for sure as well.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326657/minimize-or-close-exit-window-window-stays-on-screen/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi ,
My Window 8 automatically Window Update and now some of the icon missing
Anyone encounter this and possible to fix this ?

A:Window 8 Build 9200 RTM After Window Update Some Icon Missing

Hi kezn715, welcome to the forums, go to Installed Updates, uninstall one by one and see which update causes the problem and hide that update.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11929-window-8-build-9200-rtm-after-window-update-some-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 33.11%

pc turns of power shuts off have put in new PSU and it still does it. I see no events in adminstration tools for anything.
Fan works ok.. have run all inds of test stress test and it passes. Any Idea thanks ...
its a HP Pavilon slim line s7627c
xp media center edition sp3 (i have reloaded the OS 2 times
AMD 64x2 dual core proc 3800+ 2.00GHz 1.43GB Ram

A:pc shuts down power shuts off

Are you getting any error messages when this happens?

BSOD?

Look in the Event viewer to see what errors are appearing at these times. Each entry has a date and time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376869/pc-shuts-down-power-shuts-off/
Relevancy 33.11%

what do i do my window 7 has "this copy of window 7 is not genuine build 7600" and my system is slower than before.i used HIJACKTHIS software to scan it, please who can analyse it for me. the log file reads:Mod Edit: Removed malware log data, see No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum. - BleepingComputer.com - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-56/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ ~ Hamluis.

A:my window 7 has "this copy of window 7 is not genuine build 7600"

You need to provide basic information about the system manufacturer and model...what your problems are...when they began...any onscreen error messages, etc...if you really want someone to be able to guess at what might be wrong with your system.

"This copy of Windows 7 is not genuine" messages...occur for any number of reasons, none of them have anything to do with malware.

Simply put...reactivate Win 7, either online or via telephone.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438243/my-window-7-has-this-copy-of-window-7-is-not-genuine-build-7600/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a set of scheduled tasks, all of which run programs written in Open Object REXX. Consequently, the Command Prompt windows where these tasks runs inherit their icons (at the top left of the window) from the rexx.exe program that handles my scripts.

This means that all of these REXX tasks display the same icon in the taskbar, or system area, which is unhelpful.

I doubt that there's any way of influencing the icon from my REXX code itself, but is there some sort of wrapper program that I could run, which would allow me to choose different icons for each of the scheduled tasks? Perhaps by running my REXX from some program other than a Command Prompt window?

I'll also go and ask the REXX community, so we'll see who gets there first!

I realise that this is something of a long shot, but if I don't ask, I'll never get...

A:Setting the window icon for a command prompt window

Quote: Originally Posted by swiftie

[I]s there some sort of wrapper program that I could run, which would allow me to choose different icons for each of the scheduled tasks?

You're asking us how to create a Shortcut.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359527-setting-window-icon-command-prompt-window.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,
I need to capture video of my Windows 7 screen operation and I found a very disturbing thing
what can be wrong while captureing. When I move a window it's background app does not refreshing but then when the window header is released.

My screenshot to see the problem:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2015.44.46.png

I tried these options in Windows 7 but nothing could solve.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2015.47.57.png
Thanks in advance!
Szabolcs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400178-not-refreshed-background-parent-window-while-window-drag.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have windows 7 home premium genuine.

When I purchased ,there was only one drive 'C' but now I want to make partitions , pls inform how can I do that as I also want to install again same window ?

It may increase the system performance.

My laptop specs are ;
Dell inspiron n5110 , core i7 , 4gb ram , 500 gb hard disk , 1gb nvidia graphics.

When I run "Full scan" Mcafee it becomes slow ; how can I improve it ?

A:How do I make partitions in running window or save window

Hi,

You need to shrink the C: partition to smaller size, and then create a new partition in the previously used space - I recommend you use Partition Wizard 7 for this task. Refer to Option 3 here:
Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD

If you want to clean install Windows 7, then use this tutorial:
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

I would uninstall McCrappee, and replace it with MSE - it is lighter on resources:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245908-how-do-i-make-partitions-running-window-save-window.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I am Install How To For Recovery Console Vista Window Window having an annoying problem with my IE I'm using IE and from days ago everytime I open IE or a new tab I got the annoying stuff Insecure Internet activity Threat of virus attackDue to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses worms and trojans without your knowledge and that can lead to system slowdown freezes and crashes Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity register KvmSecure We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue browsing Continue to How To Install Window Recovery Console For Window Vista this website unprotected not recommended I strongly believe this is merely because my IE has been infected so I did some research I was lead to this webpage http www bleepingcomputer com forums top tml entry which shows how to solve the problem but it requires ComboFix How To Install Window Recovery Console For Window Vista and I did not even know what it was so I click on a link provided on that webpage and jumped to http www bleepingcomputer com combofix how-to-use-combofix I clearly understand How To Install Window Recovery Console For Window Vista it But to what I understood the webpage instructing how to use combofix only shows how to install window recovery console with a CD However I'm using Vista Home Premium and I have not such a CD Instead there's a driver on my computer called HP RECOVERY F which had been already installed on my laptop when I bought it I'm using a HP laptop So could someone help me to find out how to make a WINDOW RECOVERY CONSOLE Thanks a head

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152814/how-to-install-window-recovery-console-for-window-vista/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been having problem with my computer I can t get online playing game the window close buy itself and the memory is to low I try to defragged But every time the computer turn on the screen say memory insufficient And when I open an program the message pop up say Window Window to HP upgrade 9895 Vista XP Pavillion the memory is come to minimum I lost everything I don t know where I put the computer disk at With out the disk can i upgrade my computer to Window Vista Or can I just go buy another Window XP to fix the computer HP Pavillion 9895 Window XP upgrade to Window Vista first Can you help me fix the problem above Which software should I used to fix my computer I don t have any money right now to get another computer Remove temporary Internet files Remove any downloaded program files Empty the Recycle Bin Remove Windows temporary files Remove installed programs I no longer use Defragged Thank you very much I have try everything but nothing work Can I HP Pavillion 9895 Window XP upgrade to Window Vista just upgrade my computer Please try to help me thank you again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-9895-window-xp-upgrade-to-window-vista.775621/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello I am running into an issue where I can open a window program with my mouse however once the window is open I cannot click inside of it The window becomes inactive I also have noticed I cannot right click on my desktop to bring up the properties I can right click on the window in the task bar to close it but not in the window window, window. inside a cannot however Mouse opens the click Since this is happening I am limited to command Mouse opens a window, however cannot click inside the window. prompt I ran sfc scannow with no errors I tried with different mice I booted the computer into safe mode with command prompt and brought up the device manager to show devices not in use and when the device manager window opened I could click inside it since I could use the window I uninstalled all mouse drivers and reinstalled my microsoft wireless usb mouse driver while in this safe mode I changed my mouse properties to system default as I read somewhere that can reset things Next I booted the computer in safe mode without command prompt and still the same thing I was trying to do a restore point as well however my Kaspersky antivirus is preventing that as i cannot find a way to kill the program through command prompt Now I have no clue what to do If anyone can help I would appreciate it either a way to disable kaspersky so i can try a restore or another idea for getting my mouse to work as i really do not want to reformat Thanks in advance

A:Mouse opens a window, however cannot click inside the window.

Welcome to the Seven Forums! inlalaland

First when not able to run the System Restore feature while in Windows the fast alternative is simply booting up from the 7 dvd if you have one and going into the repair tools where the options for using the feature is there along with restoring a full system image backup. You simply use a restore point while booted live from disk.

If you don't have a 7 dvd to boot from the option to burn a repair cd is found in the Control Panel>Backup & Restore section or available at Neosmart Technologies. Windows 7 Repair and Recovery CD Download | The NeoSmart Files

There you would still need to see the disk image burned to a blank cd-r first in order to boot from the new cd. The other tool besides the System File Checker you can try would be the Disk Check tool you can schedule to run from a command prompt since you likely wouldn't be able to right click on the C drive icon to bring up properties>Tools and click on the Check now button under Error checking.

Typing "chkdsk /r" and pressing enter should see a message asking to schedule it for the next startup you answer with a Y for yes or N for no. This can help with any errors on the drive to help to some extent getting Windows to run normally. If the problems however are too severe the option to see a Repair Install or performing a full Clean Install (last resort) would have to be considered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248408-mouse-opens-window-however-cannot-click-inside-window.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My previous post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t winlogonexe-application-error DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by KaraBang at window 7 like layout and Window 2000 looks slow runs on - - Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000 Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000 Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x RealNetworks Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000 RealDownloader recordingmanager exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks b - - a a- e - ee e - lt orphaned gt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Vid-Saver - - - - - C Program Files x Vid-Saver Vid-Saver dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coieplg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ips ipsbho dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Norton Toolbar FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coieplg dll TB Norton Toolbar FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coieplg dll uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D Trusted Zone clonewarsadventures com Trusted Zone freerealms com Trusted Zone soe com Trusted Zone sony com DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab D... Read more

A:Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000

Hi  karabang
I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. Please give me some time to look it over and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
White Warrior

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494014/window-7-runs-slow-and-layout-looks-like-window-2000/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have windows XP running service pack I am having a problem with Spyguard which starts from the window security window Also I use Firefox and when I use google and the hits for my search are redirects to some other site Here is my hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v security window Spyguard 2008 Fake window and Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe C WINDOWS system digi exe C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCFDRTM EXE C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe Spyguard 2008 and Fake window security window C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI Spyguard 2008 and Fake window security window exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C WINDOWS system winscenter exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system lxcgcoms exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Spyguard 2008 and Fake window security window Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www emachines com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run LXCGCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCGtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe quot O - HKLM Run RMETray digi exe O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run AlcFDMonitor C WINDOWS ALCFDRTM EXE O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Mixersel C Program Files Realtek InstallShield mixersel exe O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run lxcgmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe quot O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM ... Read more

A:Spyguard 2008 and Fake window security window

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

If you're not receiving help elsewhere and still require assistance for this issue, please follow the process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach as instructed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your next reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spyguard-2008-and-fake-window-security-window-327950.html