Windows Support Forum

Login page for restaurant hotspot access?

Q: Login page for restaurant hotspot access?

I have a client that has been asking me about a way to monitor internet activities or to get email addresses for people who use his wifi hotspots He owns a chain of restaurants and essentially wants a system page access? restaurant hotspot for Login that retrieves people s email addresses when they connect so he can send them promotional emails Personally I think this is a terrible idea but professionally I have to give him my opinion I was going to suggest that he have a sign in page that the router directs traffic to before it gives full connectivity to the user Login page for restaurant hotspot access? This page would Login page for restaurant hotspot access? have a user agreement that allows for sending promotional emails I ve seen these at airports and some other businesses and I hate them but this seems to be the least morally objectionable way to do what he s asking rather than implementing a shady web traffic monitoring system I m pretty sure all this would take would be to have the DHCP managed by a server that through the dns sends all traffic to a page that requires registering a login before granting full access to the network Has anyone done something like this themselves or have a suggestion for a method or application that aids in something like this Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/login-page-for-restaurant-hotspot-access.200163/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Login page for restaurant hotspot access?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.14%

Yes, My friend is about to open up a Restaurant that seats about 90 people and he wants to offer a free internet hotspot. What is the best and safest way to do this so his credit card stuff won't be able to get hacked into on the business computer he will use? Will he need mulitiple firewalls for this?

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
We have two computers - both have Windows 7. The only difference I can think of between the two is the one that can't access a Login page on a website is a Windows 7 Professional 64bit.
I'm trying to access an updated webpage for my club Artistic Woodturners of NW Florida > Home. Clicking on the Login button does nothing - no error message - nothing.

Any suggestions?

Barbara

A:Cannot access Login page

Hello rthomas268,

What browser are you using?
I tried with IceDragon (FireFox), Chromium (Google Chrome) and Internet Explorer, and while FireFox and Chrome loaded the log in screen with no problem, IE did as you described.

I suspect that the problem is your browser, you might want to check Mozilla FireFox or Google Chrome.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293943-cannot-access-login-page.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey BC Masters For about a week now I have not been able to get to the gmail login site Since I can't get to even the login site there's no way I can get to my e-mail Every time I try I get a blank page with an error that reads as follows This webpage is not available The webpage at lt hxxps www google com accounts ServiceLogin service mail amp passive true amp rm false amp continue hxxp mail google com mail ui html amp zy l amp bsv zpwhtygjntrz amp scc lt mpl default lt mplcache gt might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address Now I know this is an issue with my computer since I can log onto my gmail account just fine from work and my parents' house so there's some sort of hanger-on that just won't let me through Here's what I've done to Access Page Login Can't Gmail date Un-installed Internet Explorer and re-installed Internet Explorer Can't Access Gmail Login Page unsuccessful Deleted all cookies temporary internet files and internet history through IE 's options menu Ran Spy Sweeper Norton's Internet Security AdAware free version rebooted and swore at computer all unsuccessful Tried going to gmail google com instead that didn't work Tried logging on through iGoogle as suggested on another site same results I've made a HJT log so I'll post it here so that I don't waste it c Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRConsumerService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Documents and Settings HP HOME Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cnetfilter exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system lxcrcoms exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUPDATE EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http products webroot com disp php p E adcwgmq hlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolb... Read more

A:Can't Access Gmail Login Page

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREregards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229616/cant-access-gmail-login-page/
Relevancy 63.21%

I cannot access the Plesk login page to get into my website's control panel.
Here's what I've tried: disabling firewall & antivirus, using 3 different browsers (Avant, Firefox, IE), rebooting, clearing cache. I'm running windows XP on a new HP laptop and have WiFi. My ISP and webhost both say it's not them. Desperate for help! I keep getting the "page cannot be displayed/ you are not connected to the internet/may have typed the wrong address/ timed out" messages. I can get to other https login pages/sites with no problem. But this one just will not open. I can get to the "default plesk page" which offers no login but that's it.
Thanks for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-plesk-login-page-https.587324/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All Few days back I was able to access page by http fro my Home laptop That Can't configuration login access Netgear page time I set WPA authentication for my router and was successfully using it Today I was configuring my office laptop for wireless connection I thoght it can only Can't access Netgear login configuration page take WEP So from my home laptop I accessed the http I logged in successfully and changed security option from WPA to WEP I provided key to it And when I clicked on Apply button I got page not found All of a sudden I lost my wireless network connection I refreshed it and tried to connect it not getting connected Not even showing any error message I removed power supply from Netgear router But it didn t work I do have wired access but how can I get wireless access Atleast I should be able to access home page Its not even asking me user name and password It shows page not found when I try to open http Please help me nbsp

A:Can't access Netgear login configuration page

try resetting your router using that button at the back that needs a paperclip thing. It will restore factory defaults with no passwords or anything. My guess is that you've enabled some sort of filtering and forgot to add your laptop to it (happened to me)

its either that or check the antenna if its detachable and the strength of the radio..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-netgear-login-configuration-page.64379/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am not extremely computer literate so excuse my attempts here to describe my issue I use both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on my Acer laptop Windows XP Pro I was using Firefox a couple nights ago At the time I had AVG Free and used a Spybot program at times I clicked on a site while searching for information and realized something wasn t right I got out but started getting popups telling me I had a security issue I clicked on spybot but another window came up over it and I clicked it before realizing it was not really my virus protection but this fake one think but removed access virus gmail login now page can't quot Microsoft Security think removed virus but now can't access gmail login page Suite quot It kept popping up I ran spybot and then it popped up again I searched some thru the Microsoft forum and found advice to use Malwarebytes com I ran this and it appeared everything was good until I tried to access think removed virus but now can't access gmail login page the gmail login page It said can t display the page No problems with any other pages except when trying to access google support I hadn t used Internet Explorer think removed virus but now can't access gmail login page in some time and so I upgraded it when I tried to use it as well Same story with Internet Explorer Tried to do a system restore but it didn t take At some point I made a bad choice and started doing more I searched through Microsoft help and found Windows Live OneCare I ran a scan downloaded it and let it remove AVG Free While it was scanning it found a virus but said it could not be removed and directed me to Malware info I downloaded Defender but think it was removed during download of trial Windows Live OneCare I then was delirious and removed Malwarebytes program and the software I use to download pics from my camera from Nikon I ran another scan through Windows Live OneCare and it came up clean I still cannot access the gmail login page I also removed one version of Spybot which seems to have removed it completely from my desktop thought I was just deleting an older version and was confused by Windows Live OneCare advice to remove all other virus protection programs Now what When I rebooted I got a message saying something about Acer eSecurity not being complete or something like that - I am tired it is late and did not write it down What did I do please be a little kind

A:think removed virus but now can't access gmail login page

It might be prudent to disable Windows Live when you run theseLets try mbam againThe process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs---------------------------------------Then run ATF and SASATFPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".------------------------------------SAS,may take a long time to scanPlease download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244519/think-removed-virus-but-now-cant-access-gmail-login-page/
Relevancy 61.92%

this sucks i have a e- machine and i was downloading a osme stuff for the computer then show me a message that said dont continue but she keept on goin since that day she only makeit to the login page and it dont work and i need to useit cuss i need the program inside !!!!!!! please i need help

A:my computer makes it to the login page after that takes me back to login page

This sounds like it could be a WGA (windows genuine advantage) error. Do you get any messages at all? Have you got a password on your machine? Try loginng in using a different method (Hold CTRL+ALT and tap DELETE twice)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-makes-it-to-the-login-page-after-that-takes-me-back-to-login-page-420258.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My problem started when I upgraded from XP to Win on one of my computers Internet works fine and I can see my nas DNS- on my network places I even can open the dns- and see the shares The problem starts when I open a folder on the nas containing any files then the explorer hangs nothing happens I can browse the nas as long as its only folders showing up Whenever there are files in it it hangs and I have to force the window to close I also can't access the login page on the nas it won't show up Now the funny part the problems only appears when I use wlan when I connect with a wire everythings works The computer is a LG wifi win7 via files from access nas can't shared or login page netbook x with a built can't access nas login page or shared files from win7 via wifi in realtek se wifi nic and I upgraded to the latest driver I also tested deactivate the built in wlan and pluged in a USB wlan nic same problem Turned of windows firewall same problem Turned of Avast antivirus same problem Have anyone experienced the same problem or something similar I realy could need some help with this

A:can't access nas login page or shared files from win7 via wifi

Sure there must be someone with a similar problem???
I think it can have something with my dsl-router but I'm not sure. It is a Speedtouch ST585 and in that case it should be some difference how it handle wireless and wired data on the internal side. I can't find any difference in the settings.

Any suggestion or input?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/111458-cant-access-nas-login-page-shared-files-win7-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Apologies if this has already been answered but I have searched the forum to no avail OK so the problem is when I try to log on to a wifi hotspot- one where the network itself is unsecure but when you open your browser you are redirected login Wifi problem hotspot to a hotspot login page with username amp password required I use this system to access my wifi at my flat Ozonebe net but also in cafes etc It has happened twice now on different networks once on my flat network once in a cafe that it will connect to the network no problem but then the little cloud saying Wifi hotspot login problem quot Additional login information Wifi hotspot login problem may be required quot will not appear and then when I open my browser it does not redirect me to the login page When I then try to type in the URL by hand it still won't load Both times that it has happened it has been when I have tried to get onto the same network a few hours or so after connecting to it for the st time In other words I will have connected to it with no problems before amp it's only on subsequent use that it fails to load the login page For one of the networks it happened with in a cafe when I then came back a few days later to use the internet it worked It loaded the login page no problem But then I restarted my computer while still in the cafe amp when I tried to reconnect after doing that lo amp behold it wouldn't load the login page Help would be greatly appreciated especially because one of the hotspots it happens with is the one I use for my main internet connection in my flat Thanks in advance

A:Wifi hotspot login problem

*bump*

Anybody any advice??

Getting rather desperate here...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/110302-wifi-hotspot-login-problem.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Is it safe to login my gmail account, while using HotSpot Shield?

A:Is it safe to login my gmail account while using HotSpot Shield?

Hi,
I would ask hot spot shied since it's their software and quite frankly I've never even heard of it :/
Traditionally public wifi.. is the worst place to use https site in especially banking or purchases on websites...
I suppose you can add email account in there too because all to often they get hacked probably via public wifi networks
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/365571-safe-login-my-gmail-account-while-using-hotspot-shield.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a problem, I get to the Windows login that says to sign in but on the right there is not a user name it is just blank. Can anyone tell me what to do. This does this in Safe mode as well. I click ctrl. alt. del and a user login box comes up but still will not take password. This is a Windows XP Home SP2. Very strange. Thanks....

A:Can't login Windows XP Home Login page missing user names

This happened to me one time, I think it's a corrupt profile. I really don't remember how I solved it.

Do you use XP's System Restore? That would be my first idea.

Best suggestion that I can think of is to run chkdsk /r or the equivalent and see if that helps.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191067/cant-login-windows-xp-home-login-page-missing-user-names/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am an IT person for my local library We installed an SMCWSHG -G wireless hot spot gateway The gateway allows you to setup an authentication system internal to the device or use a Radius server We are using the built in authentication system There is no wireless security on the device The device is supposed to automatically redirect people who connect to the gateway to an authentication page On this page they have to put in a supplied user name and password The user name for everyone is the same and the password for everyone is the same to gateway redirecting WHSG44-G page wireless authentication not SMC hotspot Most of the time this happens flawlessly The person is authenticated and then redirected a second time to an internal web server with a terms and conditions page that they must agree to in order to use the wireless internet In a few cases we have noticed that the redirection doesn t happen We have seen these problems in Windows Vista SP and with Windows XP both SP and SP home or pro We have also seen that if they get to the authentication page and input the password incorrectly it is SMC WHSG44-G wireless hotspot gateway not redirecting to authentication page supposed to redirect them to re-enter the password and allow them to continue browsing the internet but it doesn t SMC WHSG44-G wireless hotspot gateway not redirecting to authentication page If they don t authenticate then they can t use the internet at the library Our SMC WHSG44-G wireless hotspot gateway not redirecting to authentication page system consists of the wireless gateway as well as two additional access points wired to the gateway This allows us to have greater coverage in the building The gateway is then wired to the rest of the network and the traffic is redirected through a filter The filter is Dan s Guardian running on a Linux box The internet connection is a meg DSL connection from ATT and there is also a Widows server acting as a file server and web server only inside the building Please let me know what could be causing this redirection issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/smc-whsg44-g-wireless-hotspot-gateway-not-redirecting-to-authentication-page.856031/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I attempt to log in to many sites (Hotmail, youtube, steam community, razerzone, thinkgeek, my bank, etc.) after hitting "login" the page refreshes to show both the username and password fields blank and I am not logged in. I'm running Windows home premium 64bit, and I'm using Firefox primarily but the issue is present in IE and Chrome as well. I think the problem is logging into secure servers, I can view https sites without issue, I just can't login.

I have tried deleting cookies, history etc.
Cookies are enabled
SSL 2.0 and 3.0 are enabled
My firewall is not the issue, I have tried turning it off/adding firefox as an exception
Time and date settings are correct
System restore does not fix the issue
Not Antivirus causing the issue

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

A:Attempting to login to most websites results in login page refreshing.

I realize you are not using IE, but it can't hurt to try it both before and after a reset: Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset. You might also check out this tutorial: SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/210259-attempting-login-most-websites-results-login-page-refreshing.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 laptop. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 with IE9. When I am at my adult education classes I can connect to the facility's wireless guest hotspot, but IE9 doesn't open with the login page that asks for acceptance of the user agreement. The wireless notification icon shows connected with no internet access. The first time I connected to the hotspot I was presented with a public or private choice by Windows and I made it public of course.

Any ideas on fixing this situation?

A:Hotspot - no internet access

Hi -Were you ever able to fully connect to the guest hotspot when you started there ?If you were, have you changed / added / or had problems with anything since you last connected ?Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453146/hotspot-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

We have a login page in our website named Login.aspx, whenever a user enters username and password and clicks on submit button the user is again redirected to the login page itself.

The status in the page header changes to Logout but the user is redirected to the login page again.This is only happening in IE browser and specially IE8.

After the site is added to Trusted site zone list everything works perfect but if the site is not added to Trusted site zone list then this issue arises.

The website uses a trusted valid SSl certificate then there should be no point of adding site in to Trusted site zone list.

Any Idea guyz ????

A:IE Login Issue (Login page redirecting to itself)

Try IE Options>Security>Trusted Sites>Custom Level>Enable "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-login-issue-login-page-redirecting-to-itself-641211.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I've been using a brighthouse hotspot in my building pretty successfully for the last year. But it has been giving me problems the last few days. When i log into the access page i have internet for about two minutes. Then i get the yellow triangle on my networt icon, and limited access. The only way to get rid of the triangle is if i reset my ip, and flush socket catalog and dns, and reboot. But then it only works for 2 minutes again after i log in before the cycle reapeats its self. Any ideas what i can do to fix this? I can't reset the router since i don't have access to it. I've checked my drivers, reset network adapter, flush dns,ip,winsock. But everytime i get the connection to work, it goes back to limited connection after a few minutes.

A:limited access with public hotspot

Hello jcurella, is this typically a router that you are allowed to connect to as in a Wifi hotspot provided by the owner of the building?

Can you also follow this thread and post some of the information it asks for?
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

I would ensure you have up to date drivers for your wifi/ethernet.

Other problems could be that you have a 3rd party program blocking it, some virus/malware blocking the connection, or simply a bad connection to the router (too far away)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354478-limited-access-public-hotspot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a new Ideapad y My internet not - internet hotspot do consistent have access access is via acer liquid e smartphone My desktop connects via usb to the phone and I have internet access no problem However when I plug the phone into my new laptop s usb it does not detect it so I m trying to use the hotspot function of the phone to get internet on the laptop times out of the laptop connects easily to the hotspot but I get no internet access in ten times for reasons mysterious and unknown I get internet access instantly and it disappears just as mysteriously I have uninstalled mcafee installed the latest drivers done ip removes refreshes and resets I ve unchecked ipv I do not have readycomm I ve done so much screwing around with it that being a noob I thought I broke it more myself It did work today tho so I know I ve done nothing too do not have consistent internet access - hotspot bad to it I ve rebooted the phone the laptop and both with no luck Is there anyway to confirm if its the laptop or the hotspot phone thats the cause of this issue I ve done so much troubleshooting of the laptop that I have a hard time now believing its an issue with a brand new laptop rather than my year old smartphone Any suggestions would be welcome Its disheartening to have a new laptop that seems to work connects to internet but has no internet access nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-not-have-consistent-internet-access-hotspot.1079417/
Relevancy 52.89%

Dear All I m having iball laptop with LAN connectivity in Windows XP Service Pack I found out how to create hotspot on laptop and tried it Everything gone fine network is showing up in my Ipod Touch too But even after connecting to this network I cannot access internet Then I checked in Network Connections that both LAN amp Wireless Connections are connected but in Wireless Connection when checked in status the packets are sending but not receiving I tried checking out solutions but no :( access Hotspot created internet for this but no method worked for me This is how it shows with the command quot ipconfig quot C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings admin gt ipconfig Hotspot created but no internet access :( Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Media State Media disconnected C Documents and Settings admin gt Help me with this Thanks visu iim nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a home network consisting of a wi-fi router with 2 desktop computers hard-wired to it and a laptop that connects by wi-fi. It works fine. All use WinXP home.

I am located within a wi-fi hotspot and would like to connect to the Internet through the hotspot rather than a broadband modem. I know I could put wi-fi PCI cards in each computer and connect that way. Problem is that only one of the computers is located where it gets a stable (but weak) wi-fi signal. The signal at the other 2 locations drifts in and out continuously.

The question is, can the wi-fi router be configured to operate my network and also serve as link to the hotspot so that I can share the Internet over my network as I would a DSL or cable connection through a modem? If not, is there any way to share the Internet connection from the computer that gets the usable signal?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi fellas I need some help adding a wireless public hotspot to my network Right now the network is wired -- Win K servers one is the sole DNS DHCP server the other a file server Win K server used for file serving don t ask -- I m not allowed to raise it to DNS DHCP and about WinXP PCs Everything s on the same subnet Here s my gear ISP-supplied Modem -- gt Cisco PIX e -- gt D-Link DGS- T Switch -- gt Servers PCs Printers The modem is set in quot pass-thru quot mode passing everything directly to the PIX The PIX is used to serve up the Internet to all the servers and PCs attached to the switch The PIX is also configured as a point-to-point VPN with a PIX at another location miles away The PIX is also configured to VLAN for Public Access Can't Hotspot Internet allow remote connection via the Cisco VPN Client -- that remote connection gets routed to the Win K file server At this point the switch is still using the default VLAN configuration Everything works like a champ I have a new Cisco wireless AP can t remember the model purchased for the public hotspot I want to set up a new VLAN on the switch and connect the AP to that port so I can segregate the internal existing LAN from the wireless hotspot It all sounded so simple I knew about the quot VLAN hopping quot issues so I tried creating two new VLANS putting all of the wired nodes switch ports in one VLAN and the wireless AP on the other but that blew up almost immediately Within minutes NOTHING could communicate So I reset the switch back to its original default VLAN configuration and the wired network staggered back to life Whew That was too close Then I decided to try something a bit simpler I added a VLAN to the Switch I configured the AP s switch port as a member of VLAN setting VLAN as the default and turning on the VLAN tagging Then I configured the PIX s switch port as a member of both VLAN and VLAN turning on VLAN tagging The AP did in fact appear to be successfully segregated from the internal network The wired nodes couldn t see the AP and the wireless device couldn t see the wired nodes But it worked too well I think because the AP couldn t see the Internet either Although I m a complete newbie when it comes to VLANs my modest research indicates that it s VLAN for Public Hotspot Can't Access Internet not a trunking issue but a routing one I don t think trunking is needed in my case because I m only using one switch and I VLAN for Public Hotspot Can't Access Internet don VLAN for Public Hotspot Can't Access Internet t want the VLANs to see each other Since everything seems to come to a screeching halt at the PIX it sounds to me like I m going to be hip-deep in PIXese pretty shortly Any ideas Any alternatives Please someone convince me I don t have to touch that PIX It d kill me to screw that little baby up -- it s working so well just the way it is Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:VLAN for Public Hotspot Can't Access Internet

You have to touch the PIX. You have to give VLAN1 and VLAN2 a layer3 gateway. Inserting them both into the same layer3 subnet gives you nothing....

You need 802.1q trunk for switch to pix. Pix will need to have two subinterfaces and two security profiles. Also, changes are you need to drop VLAN1 entirely.

i.e.

"Wired" network 192.168.1.0 /24 - VLAN 2 - PIX interface "inside.2" 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0, give it a security level of 100

"Wireless" network 192.168.2.0 /24 - Vlan3 - PIX interface "inside.3" 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0, give it a security level of 90

You can then create seperate NAT group for wireless, and wireless won't be able to touch wired.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vlan-for-public-hotspot-cant-access-internet.517825/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just got a new phone that has mobile hotspot access I try to use it no to Connected my hotspot access internet mobile have but on my laptop but i can't bring up any webpages It shows that its connected and has a really good signal but it says no network access I have run all troubleshooters and they all say its an ethernet cable that is unplugged I even tried to tether it instead but apparently my laptop is not compatible with tethering Last week i used a different hotspot that wasn't a cell phone but just Connected to my mobile hotspot but have no internet access a box that you add data to and it worked perfectly fine It connected right away and I could access any and all websites I am confused as to why i could use one hotspot but not the one on the phone I have also previously used Connected to my mobile hotspot but have no internet access someone elses mobile hotspot on this laptop with no problems and it was the same cell company that i use now Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated I have had this laptop for over a year now and this is the first time i am having problems with it but i do seem to be having a lot of problems with it in the last few weeks

A:Connected to my mobile hotspot but have no internet access

Have you called your Cell Provider to make sure they have the proper codes in their system on your account, so you have that capability?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64863-connected-my-mobile-hotspot-but-have-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a windows 10 laptop connected to a wireless router. When I share the connection to my android mobile through hotspot , it connects but there is No Access to the internet. Laptop shows " Devices connected to hotspot : 0 " . I tried ICS and RRA controls setup to "Automatic(delayed) " start up type ,but no use. Can i get some help??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75849-mobile-connects-windows-10-hotspot-but-no-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Here's the problem I work at a real estate company and for the past two weeks we have not been able to go on our MLS We have about computers of me redirects page same to page back login which NONE can get past the login from our network there I know this because on my laptop i can access the MLS site from home but once i get to work and log onto our network then i cannot get in I can go to the login page redirects me back to same page site which is www fresnomls com type in the username and pw and click login but then it just directs me back to the same page with the username and pw textboxes emptied A side note A few days ago I was able to detect the autoit virus on many of our computers which was messing up the registry's and creating the RVHIOST files I have cleaned up a few computers that had this virus using hijackthis ccleaner and spybot along with registry booster I even reformatted computer with xp pro sp and it still won't login I'm guessing this is because possibly another infected computer is still on the network Should i disconnect all computers from the network and then try to login to the site to see if the problem still exists this is weird because this is the only site having this issue not hotmail or any other site And because of this its' such as hassel as our agents need and use this site on a daily basis Any help is appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/login-page-redirects-me-back-to-same-page-182254.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Win 7 pro on my laptop, one external device for internet connection, and one internal wifi device, mostly unused. I need a way to set that internal device to act like wireless router (access point, hotspot), primarily for file exchange and internet sharing with my mobile phone.

Already try to make ad-hoc network using that internal wifi device... In Windows it appears as it should, listed with "Waiting for users" status, but there is no way to find it's SSID with my mobile...

Am I missing some additional configuration, SSID broadcast swithing or such something?

A:Laptop wireless as home hotspot/access point

Look into Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify. It does exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252801-laptop-wireless-home-hotspot-access-point.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I recently got a data plan for my HTC One S. The wireless hotspot that came with it will work on my family's iPods, iPad, and our family laptop, but not on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 8. I have tried my dad's iPhone's wireless hotspot, and it works on my laptop. When I try my hotspot, my laptop will connect to it, but it will only give me limited access, meaning that no pages on the internet will load. Does anyone know what may be wrong with my laptop or phone?

A:Wireless hotspot giving limited access on laptop

If you can disable your anti virus or reconfigure the third party firewall it may help.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29495-wireless-hotspot-giving-limited-access-laptop.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello i contact enlight about the help! Restaurant Empire problem i have and they said my video card is out of date and needs to be upgraded anyway here is my scenario installed restuarant empire installed directX tried Restaurant Empire help! to play but didn t work Went back to desktop with no error message tried uninstalling and reinstalling again it worked but now the font was blurry and couldn t read anything tried to play game again the next day failed to work uninstalled and reinstalled again didn t work contacted enlight Said they knew about glitches that are going on and to run dxdiag exe when i did that the guy said my video card is out of date but my question is how wa si ab e to play the game when my video cad is out of date anyway i don t want to buy a new video card just for a dollar game but if i upgrade it i think it might work But i don t know what the name of my video card is or how to upgrade it my computer is pretty new pentium MB RAM GHz GB hard drive windows xp my results ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name YOUR-N TY ATHD Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq Presario System DC A-ABA S NX NA BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX b DX Setup Parameters PackageInstall DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name S Graphics ProSavageDDR Manufacturer S Graphics Inc Chip type S ProSavage DDR DAC type S SDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV D amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor COMPAQ MV Color Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name s gnb dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD s gnbm sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B DD -CE - CF-B - B A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x D SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management Yes EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- DLS Path C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers GM DLS DLS Version Acceleration n a Ports Microsoft Synthesizer Software Not Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Default Port Realtek AC Audio Software Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Microsoft MIDI Mapper Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Microsoft GS Wave... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi! I've a restaurant-pizzeria and I would get a software to manage orders, costumers, stock, etc.
It should be user-friendly and free maybe.

Have you some idea?

Thank you
steven64

A:Software for restaurant?

I did a quick search at sourceforge.net for 'restaurant' and it listed 66 different options. Several seem like they would fit your needs.

Here is a link to my search results: http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=restaurant&type_of_search=soft&pmode=0&limit=100

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-for-restaurant.757233/
Relevancy 51.17%

For example http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3021917 takes me to https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...1033&id=288908
I have checked it in Windows 7 64 bit fully patched and tried Firefox and IE11 and also on another computer running Windows XP also fully patched
I ran a full virus check with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes which didn't flag anything up
However my Windows 7 machine is dual boot with Vista which is way out of date as I never use it and trying in Vista it doesn't redirect but takes me to the support site
I have tried starting in safe mode with Windows 7 and that didn't help neither did removing all relevant cookies or disabling Kaspersky

A:Can't access support.microsoft.com without login at login.live.com

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Are you looking to upgrade to win-8 or 10 on this machine ?
That particular update is an interesting one,
Pretty much a snoop "if you will" to access and send info back to Microsoft about your machine.

Are you connecting to the internet wirelessly ?
You can always try No add-ons by typing that in the start menu search box to test.
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/361342-cant-access-support-microsoft-com-without-login-login-live-com.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I wanted to share my ethernet internet connection over wifi so I have created a wifi hotspot on my laptop using "NETSH" commands in cmd prompt.
I have enabled sharing of ethernet connection by going to ethernet properties>>sharing>>check box (Allow other network users to connect through this computer) but the internet is not being shared.
I have configured other devices with static IPs. Gateway and subnet mask is also correct. I am also using different IPs of the same subnet.
Everything was working fine until perhaps I tried installing Connectify software, I uninstalled it later.
Kindly help to troubleshoot the issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5e51743-cbea-45dd-a757-6b7593f5bc8b/created-a-wifi-hotspot-on-my-laptop-the-devices-are-connecting-but-with-no-internet-access?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 50.74%

I need to make a chart for a restaurant's layout of it's tables, plus be able to type in seating arrangements at each table. Is there a software tool for doing this? I can't find anything in my Work's program for doing this.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I have an urgent question because the till I use for my restaurant shuts down during boot-up. It is a Radiant Systems till running Windows XP Embedded. Earlier when I would try to boot it it would shut down at different portions of the bootup and then beep 3 times (AMI BIOS) so I looked it up and it said memory problems so I replaced the RAM (SDRAM). Then I decided to take out the hard drive and try it in a different computer and it booted fine so I know its not the hard drive. It doesn't have a DVD drive so I cant run a chkdisk utility or fixmbr. This is urgent and any help at all is really appreciated.

Thanks,
-Shaun

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restaurant-till-shuts-down-during-boot.938587/
Relevancy 50.74%

local restaurant wants to offer free WIFI to their customers i ve done work for them before but because certain networking a for on WIFI advice restaurant issues and thick adobe walls i would like some advice how to approach the WIFI setup it s about sq ft rough outline of the space attached on the top in small office are their computers and comcast modem advice on WIFI networking for a restaurant switch and WIFI router what i want do bridge connection to existing switch but separate the network so guests do not have access to the shared computers distribute the signal over the sq feet there are thick ft wide adobe walls more of them and more comlex then the outline originally intended to distribute advice on WIFI networking for a restaurant internet over power outlets but the property is old and they have different power circuits as it expanded over the time it s advice on WIFI networking for a restaurant a mess that won t work in the middle is large open patio surrounded by seating space with thick walls how would you approach this chain of WIFI expanders run cables to key locations and have routers there nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Digital Dining for Windows

Im not sure if this goes in this forumn section, but ill give it a shot
I have this program running at my brother-in-laws restaurant and it works great so thats not the problem. It's connected to several printers for orders and reciepts and i just wanted to know how to change the name setting. See, when a reciept is printed out, it has like the name of the restaurant at the top and everything and the name of the restaurant is to be changed in a couple of weeks. i want to change the settings so that a different name comes up on the printed reciepts and basically set the entire program to recognize the busines with a different name.

Please anyone help me out because the name change is goig to be happening soon and i need to know how to reset the program ASAP
Thanks in advance!

A:Digital Dining for Windows - restaurant software

http://www.menusoft.com/Contact/Contact.aspx

PLEASE NOTE: This site does not handle current Digital Dining customers. If you have a Digital Dining system and need assistance, contact Menusoft at 703-912-3000.

====================

Phone them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digital-dining-for-windows-restaurant-software.513887/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have areport that has the grouped on field appear above the column headings in the page header section of the report. this is to make the report fit on the A4 width, and works well. I force a page break on that grouped field footer.
The page break happens, but the grouped field is the previous one on the new page and only on the 2nd page for the new group does this grouped field value change.
How do I get the page break to force the grouped value to change?

A:Solved: Page header changes 1 page too 'late' - Access 2007

Okay sorted. Put the name back under the group header section and it changes when it should. Only makes the report 1 line longer per page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-page-header-changes-1-page-too-late-access-2007.1066178/
Relevancy 47.3%

why can't i login to facebook yahoomail my bank anything that needs to be login to i can go to any web page

A:why can i go to every web page but cant login to anything

Which browser are you using? If you have an alternative browser on-board does this do the same?In the meantime you might have malware so it would be worth running this freebie:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...(blue download button near top).You have to download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run the Scan. You then have options to remove whatever it shows under each heading in the table below, although it is usually safe to run the Clean.Let us know the outcome and keep the log in case you need further assistance.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/why-can-i-go-to-every-web-page-but-cant-login-to-anything/13942.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I m not sure what to make of this however I m a paranoid person so what the heck This is something I ve ignored because it doesn t really seem to have changed the changed Login page operation of my computer What happens First Issue When I start my computer I will see the windows start screen where the progress bar shows its status but sometimes when it does the transition to the login page I get a blank screen like the video card is not detected and have to shut down and try again After which it starts fine the second time around However I kind of think this is a hardware conflict with Windows don t know really Second Issue Normally after a fresh install of Login page changed Windows the login screen will show the cursor already in the input box However after some time the normal login changes and I have to click on the login area to get the input box to show My paranoid thoughts are that some kind of rootkit has gotten a hold of my system again not sure just don t have a lot of time to chase down phantoms Thanks for any help and sorry if this is vague Steve

A:Login page changed

Neither of these issues sound malware/virus related, at all.

The first could be explained by quite a few things, and we can pursue it further if you like.

The second sounds like a setting that was changed back to default after a fresh install of Windows. You should be able to find the solution in Control Panel > User Accounts. Either that or an update with a Service Pack. Is the PC fully updated?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451639/login-page-changed/
Relevancy 46.44%

Please can u help me on my windows xp (HP) DESKTOP
to get turn on. it fist start when i turn on my PC and then turn of the
red light which is the main swich!!! of all the divice.(wire) From that on
i turn on my PC but it say that (new hardware or software has been instelled) but i did not put any new software or other> it work last time
but then i turn it on and it keeps on restarting after the WINDOWS XP LAODING PART. So please can you help me with this problem i got two computer like this.

( i think it has a problem since i turn of the main swich in instead of
turning it normaly)

thank you!!!

A:Windows xp DOES NOT GO TO THE LOGIN PAGE

Hello Safiqur Rahman, Welcome to TSF!

Start your computer from a 'cold start', continually tapping the F8.

At the menu screen select Last Known Good Configuration, and follow the prompts; let the computer reboot.

Post back with the results.

Kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-does-not-go-to-the-login-page-256979.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I haven t been able to access the facebook login page since early yesterday morning I use Firefox and every time I attempt to connect after a very long time it times out with this message Unable to connect Firefox can t to Facebook Can't get page login establish a connection to the server at www facebook com First I tried rebooting Then I unplugged my modem Then I tried logging in Can't get to Facebook login page under IE it wouldn t go I even downloaded the Chrome browser and that also didn t work We have two computers the other runs off a Cisco router connected with a line Our other computer also will not load the facebook login page Thinking it might be my router I disconnected it Still no luck I ran a quick system scan with my Norton s and that was fine and it still didn t help I called my ISP Hughes Net yes satellite internet bleh All I can get here and spent an hour on the phone with them with no luck They were supposed to call me back with advanced support but so far haven t Every other site loads fine it s only the facebook login page I can t get to The only thing I can think of that may have happened has to do with a video I attempted to watch the night before and it was a link on a facebook post It was a Wimp video of Jane Goodall releasing a chimpanzee that they had rescued I m too smart to click on the typical virus carrying links like Justin Bieber getting stabbed or something else stupid line that Anyway the video took forever to load and I restarted it a bunch as it was loading That s the only thing I can think of that could have caused it I also tried going to C WINDOWS system drivers etc hosts to see if it was there and delete it but it wasn t there One last thing I did a complete full system scan with my Norton s this morning and that didn t solve the problem either Here s my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files x HughesNet Download Manager HDM exe C Users LaurieZZ AppData Local Amazon Cloud Player Amazon Music Helper exe C Program Files x HughesNetStatusMeter HughesNetStatusMeter HughesNetStatusMeter exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home myhughesnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe... Read more

A:Can't get to Facebook login page

Solved, please remove this message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-to-facebook-login-page.1120402/
Relevancy 46.44%

After shutting down my pc, next time go to switch it on, it's already at the log in page and a Windows has recovered from a serious error message appears??

A:after shut down my pc seems to go to login page

sounds like your computer is just restarting. possibly getting a BSOD upon shutting down, restarts, then going to sleep mode.

One thing to do is to disable auto restart upon errors, to disable that, go to:
Right click my computer > advanced system settings > click settings under "startup and recovery" > under system failure uncheck automatic restart.

after you do that, shutdown your computer like normal and watch what it does, see if it does come up with a blue screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-shut-down-my-pc-seems-to-go-to-login-page-284946.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Clicking on login button again redirects the user on the login page itself.
Everything works fine on FF, chrome, opera, safari but the issue is only in IE8
browser.

A:Login page not redirecting

"Clicking on login button again redirects the user on the login page itself"

Is that with just one particular website or with all websites where you have to log in? You haven't specified which website's login page you are referring to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/login-page-not-redirecting-637654.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I want to lock the user from the login page after three tries.

How do I do this?

A:How do I lock the login page after three tries?

Welcome,

I just happened to see that it has been over 8 hours since you posted your question. The question is unique and hence not many takers. I did some research and came up with this. I do not know if it will work, but it does come with my wishes for success.

Is there a setting to limit login attempts?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/269928-how-do-i-lock-login-page-after-three-tries.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hey whats up I can t seem to get wireless internet from my wireless router i v tried to reset my router unplugged all that was connected to router page login need help / it basicly the WLAN light on the router isn t on im figuring that need help / router login page i should some how be able to turn need help / router login page it on through some kind of settings so i put in the wizard setup need help / router login page disk and did as it told me but it says it can t find router this is while the cords are plugged in so i looked around and found that you can go to the login page by typen the ip in ur browser did that and it timed-out i also tryed to ping the router and that timed out i dont know what to do it s driving me crazyyyyyyyyy well heres some specs my computer is windows xp wireless thing is Broadcom b g WLAN my router is Linksys wireless-G GHz the model number of the router is WRT G internet would be DPC R cable modem I hope someone out there can help me through this nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition SP3. When trying to login to a particular website, the page freezes after I click the "Sign Into Your Account" box. I have been advised by by anti virus provider that this could be due to "add-ins". What are "add-ins" and where would I find them on my PC? Could anyone help me please? Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-freezes-when-trying-to-login-in.1048787/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am connected via our Office LAN we are able to access Yahoo site, but when we go to login page it becomes slow and eventually it becomes disconnected. All other sites are working fine and the speed is okay but this yahoo login page is the one that always fails to go through is there are problem somewhere here?

A:Yahoo Login page

Hi rsa101,

Does this only happen at your office? Although I haven't had trouble getting to the login page, I've been having sluggishness problems with yahoo since just before the inauguration. They might be having trouble themselves.

Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199129/yahoo-login-page/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,
In XP there is an option to change "how windows login" in control panel>user accounts. Where is that option in 7???
Any help is appriciated.

TIA.

A:Windows 7 login page.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rockfella

Hi all,
In XP there is an option to change "how windows login" in control panel>user accounts. Where is that option in 7???
Any help is appriciated.

TIA.

What do you want to change it to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/72781-windows-7-login-page.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have recently installed a new 720000 harddrive. And my home Yahoo Page seems to take forever to load. Anyone have a solution or suggestion?

A:Home Page Login

Hi.

Double post.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112100

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-page-login.112103/
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings
How can I change the page where I insert my password? (the first page I see when windows 10 starts, I think it is called the login page)
thanks

A:change login page

Hello zivshosh,

If you mean to change the background of your sign-in screen, then it depends on if you have build 14279 or later installed.

If you do, or wait until Aug. 2nd Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Lock Screen Background - Change in Windows 10

If you don't: Sign-in Screen Background Image - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/56213-change-login-page.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I switched off today and switched back on and now have only 'other user' on the login page. All of my normal user logins have disappeared

So, I cannot get past this.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Eddie (from my netbook)

A:Only have 'other user ' on login page

Hello Eddie, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to help.

If the above is not an available option for you, then you might see if the tutorial below may be able to help even though you only have the "other user" part.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

Hope this helps,

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246508-only-have-other-user-login-page.html
Relevancy 46.44%

When I turn on the computer it goes through the paces up to the blue window xp page where the login pictures are located and stall before the profile are even shown.
I can't do anything not even shut down the computer. I have to wait for the battery to die so I can try again.
I have tried everything under f8
safe mode--same thing
previous working--same thing
help I don't know what to do. I have tried everything that is suggested on the forum and I can't figure it out. Nothing new has been added software or hardware wise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-get-to-login-page-just-stall-on-win-xp-192681.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Problem with a log in page not responding As an employee of Home My Page won't respond Login Depot we have My Login Page won't respond a website we can enter from our home computer to access our weekly hours pay benefits etc I have been My Login Page won't respond using this for months As of last week my log in page will not allow me to enter this site I have tried everything I can think of to correct this I ve called the tech support at the Home Depot We have reset and changed the password three times The Tech can access the site from his side and I can go to a different computer and access it I just can t access it from my home computer I have a Windows bit operating system Question why did it work for eight months and then quit working Last try Feb I would appreciate any help you could give me on this problem I do not have any problem accessing any other sites There are not any error messages When I click to log in the log in page blinks and resets Sincerely Rich nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I am having a problem with connecting to a 'free' wireless network. It is a company called squaremile who are offering free wireless broadband until Spring 2006. It did work for me for a few weeks but after returning from holidays it no longer works. All that happens now is I can still connect to the network, but the login page does not appear. (I'm sure it is a secure https login) Instead i just get the annoying windows screen that says check your firewall, internet connection etc. Is there any settings that are preventing the login page from loading? I have tried disabling virus scanners and firewalls with no success. I am running windows XP home, P4 and have a built in Wireless LAN 802.11g 54Mbps card. Incidentally, I can connect to other available wireless connections but they do not require login page to load and go directly to my homepage. Any help please...

Relevancy 46.44%

Ok trying to finish setup on this newer computer. I am running win 10. Here is the question. I turn the computer on and it comes on to desktop. I am using Goggle Chrome as the browser. The problem is it opens to the last page viewed instead of my home page Yahoo. the last page is in a new tab. I then turn it off and it will go to yahoo then. I once saw in setup somewhere to change this setting. Like it said open to last viewed page or to home page, now I can't find this list. Can anyone tell me where to find this setting so I can change it only problem is it is annoying to me.
Thanks
Ben

A:Login to home page

Hi,
Try the methods in :Set your homepage and start-up page - Chrome Help

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/64129-login-home-page.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using my mobile phone as a mobile hotspot. It uses the wifi to share the internet connection of the mobile phone on the Win 7 computer.
When I turn ON the wifi adapter of the laptop, it detects the shared internet connection and connects it. But it shows "No internet access". I have tried turning OFF the anti-virus and firewall.
The other devices like my 2nd mobile phones is connecting and accessing the connection perfectly. Even the same PC got connected and was using the connection but after I disconnected it and then tried again later, its now showing no internet access.

I don't know what's causing this since I was able to use the same connection on the same laptop a few hours ago and I don't remember myself messing up with the settings. So, I don't changed any setting or anything but still cannot connect.

A:Mobile hotspot - "No Internet Access"

Go to network properties and look at the connections available. Yes I see it's discovered this signal, but that does not mean it's the one it is trying to connect to. I have 3 possibilities on a laptop, one is home network, then BTopen network finally a dongle (just in case). The default connection is the first, when I change and go out side the home network WiFi signal, I will be told there is no connection, I go to the list and select connect to--and choose the one I need and it connects.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224050-mobile-hotspot-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 46.01%

It just started a couple weeks ago, I went to login on my Vista to www.kirotv.com but no joy.
This is happening in both Firefox & Seamonkey which is why I uninstalled Seamonkey
I have no problem doing so on my W7, any ideas? Both browsers on both machines are up to date with same exact settings/addons.
Oddly enough I can log in on my Vista using IE, but I don't use it.

A:Can't login to my home page on my Vista

What do you mean by can't log-in? As in you don't get the following? Something else?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-login-to-my-home-page-on-my-vista.197961/
Relevancy 46.01%

When using FB I got a page that appeared to require me to login I didn't think much of it at first I figured I'd accidentally logged out or FB requires a Page Facebook Login Fake periodic login But afterwards I noticed the page didn't look quite right and there was a little masked bandit icon in the upper left corner Looks like a trojan or something to me trying to get my FB password I immediately changed my password and ran Malwarebytes Spybot and AVG None of those programs found anything But I'm sure it didn't go away on its own so I'm worried Fake Facebook Login Page something's still lurking How do I find it if all these programs turn up nothing Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Fake Facebook Login Page Scan Tool x Version - - Ran by Fake Facebook Login Page Administrator - - Running from D Downloads Windows Ultimate Service Pack X - - Boot Mode Normal Accounts Administrator S- - - - - - - - Administrator - Enabled gt C Users Administrator Guest S- - - - - - - - Limited - Disabled HomeGroupUser S- - - - - - - - Limited - Enabled Security Center If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled - Up to date D F- AD- C -C - EE F AS Windows Defender Disabled - Up to date D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF AS AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled - Up to date F D B- - CC-F - BEAE Installed Programs Only the adware programs with Hidden flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them The adware programs should be uninstalled manually Adobe Acrobat Reader DC HKLM-x AC BA - AD - - B -AC F E Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe AIR HKLM-x Adobe AIR Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Community Help HKLM-x chc E D FB EE F B D B DF CE Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Download Assistant HKLM-x com adobe downloadassistant AdobeDownloadAssistant Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Flash Player NPAPI HKLM-x Adobe Flash Player NPAPI Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Media Player HKLM-x com adobe amp E D FB EE F B D B DF CE Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Photoshop CS HKLM-x FEDA F- C- - D E-B D Version - Adobe Systems Incorporated Akamai NetSession Interface HKU S- - - - - - - Akamai Version - Akamai Technologies Inc ArtRage HKLM-x ArtRage Version - Ambient Design ArtRage Version - Ambient Design Hidden Asmedia ASM x USB Host Controller Driver HKLM-x E FB B -C - EE - DD- A A D D Version - Asmedia Technology Asmedia ASM x SATA Host Controller Driver HKLM-x EF - CD - D - C- E A BB F Version - Asmedia Technology AVG Version - AVG Technologies Hidden AVG Version - AVG Technologies Hidden AVG Protection HKLM AVG Version - AVG Technologies Blender HKLM A EA -D - -AE - E DD DE Version - Blender Foundation Canon MG series MP Drivers HKLM FAD - - f - CF-FFDB B BF Canon MG series Version - Canon MP Navigator EX HKLM-x MP Navigator EX Version - CoffeeCup Free FTP HKLM-x F DBE- D - BCE- D- D C BE Version - CoffeeCup Software Inc ELECOM MouseAssistant HKLM-x B AF- F- DB-B -C C E Version - ELECOM ELECOM MouseAssistant x Version - ELECOM Hidden FMW Version - AVG Technologies Hidden Google Chrome HKLM-x Google Chrome Version - Google Inc Google Update Helper x Version - Google Inc Hidden High-Definition Video Playback x Version - Nero AG Hidden Intel reg Chipset Device Software x Version - Intel reg Corporation Hidden Intel reg Management Engine Components HKLM CEAC D- - - F- DE E F Version - Intel Corporation Intel reg Network Connections HKLM PROSetDX Version - Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology HKLM CB E-E - - B A-ED B EA Version - Intel Corporation Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver HKLM-x C DDD-C E - - DF - D CF Version - Intel Corporation Java Update HKLM-x A AE - D- CA - B - F FF Version - Oracle LibreOffice HKLM-x C C B C- AFF- CEA- - E A FE F Version - The Document Foundation Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version HKLM-x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is Version - Malwarebytes Microsoft NET Framework HKLM FB C -E - AD- B -CADF CABA - Version... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623588/fake-facebook-login-page/
Relevancy 46.01%

I really Trying [SOLVED] page... up pull to login a don't know if this is a security problem or what I know I have to start somewhere and this was the first thing I thought could be my problem so I was able to go to this site http nicheblitzkrieg net log-in before having work done to both my laptop and PC Now that I've got them [SOLVED] Trying to pull up a login page... back up amp running [SOLVED] Trying to pull up a login page... I can't even pull [SOLVED] Trying to pull up a login page... the login page up to get into the site I had had everything backed up on my machines my hard drives reformatted then everything reinstalled My OS is XP and I use Firefox I've tried to pull the login page up in Internet Explorer too but I get the same results quot Problem loading page quot amp quot Server not found quot This is a very important site for me I've been in contact with their tech support dept about this problem and they didn't know what else for me to try so they led me to look you up Suggestions

A:[SOLVED] Trying to pull up a login page...

Have you tried to access the page from another computer in the same location?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-trying-to-pull-up-a-login-page-532398.html
Relevancy 46.01%

We have it set for no need for the login password page to load up but this morning not only did the login password page start up but will not let us get passed it... I tried accessing through Safe Mode and had it show me a choice of administrater or owner but it still would not go in I don't know what to do I am using our older computer at the moment

A:May have a bug login Password page problems

Quote:

We have it set for no need for the login password page to load up but this morning not only did the login password page start up but will not let us get passed it...

Please explain this in more detail. Is the system requiring you to input a password? If so, what happens when you try to just hit the enter key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/may-have-a-bug-login-password-page-problems-264720.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I cannot get to login page on Windows 7 after clean reinstall of the OS. Neither Safe mode, "repair your computer" doesn't load.

A:Can I clean reinstall Win 7 without going thru login page?

Then you didn't do the install correctly or the DVD or ISO you made the DVD or thumb drive with was bad or you have a hardware problem. Why did you do a clean install? what problem were you having? Did you use the Clean Command to wipe the drive before you started the install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267243-can-i-clean-reinstall-win-7-without-going-thru-login-page.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have just turned on page Error login message my computer on and at the login password page I got this error message ATI video bios poller client Ati evxx exe - Application Error The instruction at quot x c quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click on Error message on login page OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program Click to expand As I had only recently downloaded an ATI driver controller centre after losing the video game controller drive following an accidental deleting of my old ATI software I clicked CANCEL and was able to logon I have not seen any effects of the problem mentioned in the error message but am Error message on login page still worried Is there a problem and what can I do to solve it My computer is a Packard Bell BV model ISTART with Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Build The original drivers were ATI Radeon Xpress and my new ones are the same type but from the ATI website I would be very grateful for any help but thanks for reading anyway nbsp

A:Error message on login page

Anyone??? Please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-login-page.1003008/
Relevancy 46.01%

hey guys this is one of my last resorts into solving my slow bootup problem i have already scanned the computer with ad-aware and eset nod and scans revealed signs of infection however each time i bootup after page @ and bootup Slow login the computer and when it reaches the login page it loads for around seconds then after prompting me for password After in which it starts to load the explorer for a few minutes during this period of time only the wallpaper is shown and the icons will only appear after awhile my Slow bootup @ login page and after system specs are Windows Xp Prox Pentium Dual Core gt nvidia gb ram and here's the hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus x ekrn exe D Program Files x Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS SysWOW ctfmon exe D Program Files x FirefoxPreloader FirefoxPreloader exe D Program Files x ASUS AI Suite AiNap AiNap exe D Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files x ASUS AI Suite AiGear CpuPowerMonitor exe D Program Files x ASUS AI Suite EnergySaving PwSave exe C Program Files x ASUS AASP aaCenter exe D Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pleasedonotviewporn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http stats garena com clientinstall php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit userinit O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files x FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO PPVADownloader - A E - CC- - BB-AB C - no file O - BHO WebPerform - AB F B- FE- - -ED BB B - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - D Program Files x Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files x FlashGet getflash dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files x Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Ai Nap quot D Program Files x ASUS AI Suite AiNap AiNap exe quot O - HKLM Run CPU Power Monitor quot D Program Files x ASUS AI Suite AiGear CpuPowerMonitor ... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, i have a few days that i cant enter to my facebook page i will leave you an image of how the website looks like because i have tried alot of stuff, like running different antivirus programs, another programs for spyware and i still can't access to the page correctly i don't know why.
I'm able to enter in another computer but not in mine. And i have install and uninstall few browsers and that dosent seem to be the problem.

any can help me to see what i can do??
please!

A:Facebook problem Login Page

Hi,

Welcome to TSF,

Please follow all the guidelines in THIS THREAD and post the logs back for review.

Please Do Not start a new thread, please post everything back to here.

If you are unable to complete the procedure, please let me know.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/facebook-problem-login-page-598194.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Normally when I go to www.facebook.com I get a video with a boy holding a fish as the main login page.  However, the past few days, it has been a different page almost each time but it looks pretty fake, at least to me.  I'm wondering if I would have a virus of some sort.  My stepdad says we have protection on the computer but I've looked around and am not 100 percent sure on that.  I don't trust anything and am very paranoid about it, so, we'll leave it at that.  I use google chrome but I checked it on internet explorer and it's doing the same thing.  It used to be that the fake looking page would only be chrome but now its ie as well.  Any suggestions? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487570/facebook-login-page-change/
Relevancy 46.01%

Greetings,

I am running XP SP2, with a 3500+ processor and 1GB of ram, NVIDIA 5950.

I have been banging my head for the last week to figure this out, but cannot find anything inthe knowledge base or here about this problem.

I first noticed this issue when I went to login and could not click on my username. I could use the tab to get to my name and hit enter to log in. Now I am noticing that I cannot click on the email or some of the other links in my gmail inbox. Could this be an ASP problem? I have also noticed that my box no longer goes to the screen saver or turn off the monitor even though it is set to.

The only software I have installed in the past week has been gogle talk and the yahoo! tool bar upgrade. Both of these have been done after the issue began.

Any ideas?

A:Strange Login/web page problem

I would like to see the processes running and a few other things if you could please run and psot the HijackThis log from the following it would be great.

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe
Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

A security expert should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-login-web-page-problem.511612/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
Im using windows 10.
And my broadband connection sometimes gets disconnected and I have to go to the login page to use the password and username. Its really painful when Im away and I put my pc up to downloading something.

Is there any way to make this thing automatic? Like via url username password or anything within the internet options?
Im attaching a screenshot to clarify how is it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44869-broadband-isp-page-automatic-login-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Started my computer.
Windows login pages comes up requesting my password.
I go to get something to eat (1omins or so).
When I come back my desktop is showing, not the Windows login page requesting my password.
I don't have the greatest memory but I am fairly certain ( I could be wrong, however) that I never put my password in.
I'm very concerned.
Currently running Malwarebytes and then Norton Security Scan, will post results.
Advice?
Any way to tell who put the password in?

A:Windows login page bypassed (not by me)

Can you be set for automatic login (no login)?
Logon Automatically
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Bypas...en-51806.shtml
Check the settings

If it continues to happen
Try in safe mode
Try with clean boot
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
To test if problem happens in these modes.

Report the result of the scans-anti virus and malwarebytes

You may have inadvertently put the password in. If you cannot find the cause of the problem. Wait until it happens again to be sure.

Type event viewer in search and look for any errors at the time

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/287136-windows-login-page-bypassed-not-me.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi When i was on my routers web page i was in the process of forwarding port after just having made a static IP address when Cannot router find page login i got an error after submitting a port i cannot remember what it said sorry I am running vista home premium and my modem router is a Huawei EchoLife-HG s Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kieran gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BigBlackBox Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TL-WN G Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - - -EA-AB-DA DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - C-AF- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Im pretty sure my Cannot find router login page problem is the DHCP is disabled right If so how do i enable it If not whats the problem Thank you in advanced for any help Kieran nbsp

A:Cannot find router login page

You have DHCP disabled for your machine, which should be enabled for most router connections.

Select Start > Settings > Network Connections.
Double-click the Connection icon of the connection you wish to modify to open the Local Area Connection Status window.
Click the Properties button to open the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Click to highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
Click the Properties button to open the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window.
TCP/IP Properties window, IP Address tab
Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Click OK to return to the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Click OK to return to the Network Connections window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-router-login-page.849609/
Relevancy 46.01%

Regards,
A few days ago I had a pop up about personal antivirus. I thought it was a windows update (stupid me) and installed it. I ran a few spybot and virus programs and had it all removed. but now the website pages for certain places do not work: mostly for sites where I have to log in. Any help is appreciated. THANKS

A:page cannot be displayed login fail

Tough luck. You can always try to reset IE:

Control Panel-->Internet OPtions-->Advanced-->Reset

This will take out all plug-ins, cookies, saved data, history, EVERYTHING, and return IE to default state.

If it still happens after that, you may not have cleared all aspects of the virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/page-cannot-be-displayed-login-fail-411696.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just completed a fix on removing Malware in the HiJack this log forum. Somewhere during the fix, my IE wouldn't let me open the thread I was working on. It will let me open other threads. But when I tried opening my malware thread, I just get the page cannot be displayed. I tried right clicking to open and right clicking to open in new window. Neither worked. I just had to keep trying, opening and closing the browser, finally got it to open.
Also, when I try to login to Myspace, I enter username and pw but when I click login, the page just refreshes. I've cleared cookies, rebooted several times and everything else I can think of. My problem with the Malware is fixed but he referred me to this forum to help with this issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-with-ie-6-page-refreshing-when-i-click-on-login-199055.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Does anyone know what the icon highlighted in the screen print below is ?
It gets displayed when typing in the password on the Gmail login page.
Someone called me about it and they don't remember seeing it before.
They wonder if it might be some type of malware.

I tested this on my PC and it doesn't get displayed using PaleMoon browser.
It does get displayed in IE 11 for me.

Gmail login page: https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...t&ltmplcache=2

A:What is the icon in the Gmail login page ?

Left mouseclick on it and keep the mousbutton down. Now you see what you type (or have typed).
It's a IE11 feature for password fields in html forms. If you move to another form field.... the functionality is gone!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/363862-what-icon-gmail-login-page.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Am using Win XP with SR2 and all updates current.
In IE7 when I go to yahoo's mail login in screen, the whole page flashes instead of allowing me to login.

If I use Netscape 7.1 and go to the same page (using the same computer), I can use webmail on the yahoo page and weed out the spam before downloading the "keepers" using Outlook.

I have searched the forums for "IE uninstall and re-install" "IE repair" etc but I'm not even sure if the issue is IE.

All other pages display properly and allow input.

A:Yahoo web page flashes and won't allow login

Hello and welcome to TSF

What firewall and security programs do you have installed?

also please try this:

Open up Internet Explore, click Tools, Internet Options, click on the tab Security and underneath 'Security Level for this Zone' put it on Medium.
Then click on the tab Privacy and under 'settings' put it on Medium. Click Apply then Ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/yahoo-web-page-flashes-and-wont-allow-login-185583.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Please help guys-- she locked her pc on login page and doesnt remember user name!! she knows pass but not username. cant access start page or anything. gettin ready to deploy and need to see webcam!! please help!! thanks. mike

A:Need girlfriend help!!--pc locked on login page!!

Hi mike,

Is there an administrator account you or she can login to - or is that the only one?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215608-need-girlfriend-help-pc-locked-login-page.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I try to sign in to ebay I get re directed to a scam page asking for alot of information that I would never want to give out. After reading on the ebay boards it seems others are having this same problem and it's some sort of virus or something. The suggestion was made to run hijack this and attach the log file to this type of site and maybe someone could help me. I do not see an option to attach a file though.

A:Ebay Login Page Problem

Read the article that I quote below. If that is what is happening, then it doesn't mean you have malware on your computer. Let us know if that is the case.http://news.com.com/2100-7349_3-6056687.htmlSome of the scams run on the auction Web site are almost invisible to the untrained eye. eBay lets sellers customize their auction pages using Web programming techniques and automated tools. However, attackers are abusing this freedom to build auction pages that include a rigged listing. When potential customers click on the link, it sends them to a phishing site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85572/ebay-login-page-problem/
Relevancy 46.01%

Every time I go to a web page that has advertising on it, a username/password login box pops up for each advertising domain (see attached photo).
I have scanned my system with maleware, eset, and spybot scans, and none of them have found anything. All of the ad domains are listed in my HOSTS file and I have all of my settings up the highest levels but I still get these annoying prompts.
What am I missing? The IE7 on this computer is identical to the one out in the kitchen and it works normal out there.
I am using IE7, XP Pro.

A:IE7 displays login box on any page with advertising

Well, here's an interesting twist. I just opened up windows live messenger and while the advertising in the log on page was trying to appear, so did the logon popup box. I didn't even have IE open at the time.

So, where does that leave me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-displays-login-box-on-any-page-with-advertising-432541.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm trying to login to my Sonicwall firewall through Internet Explorer: 192.168.0.# - when I reach the webclient to login: the page is gibberish with random characters.

I've already pinged the firewall: reply successful
ipconfig /all for default gateway: same ip

A:Sonicwall Vx: login page is gibberish

check your Internet Explorer / view / encoding?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sonicwall-vx-login-page-is-gibberish.638655/
Relevancy 46.01%

I was thinking about trying to find a way to change (if possible) the image, where you pick what user account you want to log in as. That shows up before you can log in. Also maybe on the part where that green/blue or what ever color you see on yours, is, can i change that?

Thanks for any help.

A:Possible to Change the Image on the Login Page?

You can change the avatar image, go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Change an Account, then pick a user, and click Change my picture.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-to-change-the-image-on-the-login-page-103600.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When i type in mail.google.com in the address bar it turns into mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/357And just a blank page.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Everyone Desperately in need of help right now I m now currently unable to load ANY page which requires a login eg Hotmail Youtube any load which a page Can't requires login Login Page Facebook Yahoo Login Page etc I came across this forum and wanted to post a new Can't load any page which requires a login thread to look for help regarding my problem but this forum also required me to make an account BUT since I m unable to load any log in pages I can t load the log in page to my email too I m a computer newbie so I m really at a loss right now This login problem does not only apply to my computer though other computers in my house my iPhone and my PS also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login I m guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISP But I have no idea where to start or what to do to find out what s the problem I doubt it s a malware or any kind of bug though But just to confirm what can I do Any help is greatly appreciated PLEASE and thanks nbsp

A:Can't load any page which requires a login

JuicyDragon said:

This login problem does not only apply to my computer though, other computers in my house, my iPhone and my PS3 also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login. I'm guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISPClick to expand...

Good guess; common symptom across multiple devices implies something higher up in the network.
I suspect you have a port problem for port 443, secured http (HTTPS://)

Using a wired connection to your router, launch a browser and enter the router IP address as if it were a URL. This will access the router config page but should prompt for the admin/pwd.

Now you need the Admin-id, password and the IP address of your router, all of which are make/model dependent - - Please post the name/model number of your router so we can continue . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-load-any-page-which-requires-a-login.172593/
Relevancy 46.01%

So today I was working on my computer, my norton antivirus expired and so I bought a new one. Well it wouldn't renew my subscription so I read on a website that you need to clear norton out of your registry. So I followed the directions and ever since I did that when I open a webpage it goes to a screen that says:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved
-----------------------------------------------

The following error was encountered:

- Cache Access Denied

Access control configuration prevents this request.

On top of that I get a similar message when I try to run live update. I have the computer hooked up to a linksys router with high speed internet. Please help.

Mike

A:Messed up computer and cannot access internet, page says cache access denied

Hmm, that's a good one. Try reinstalling IE or Firefox, whatever internet software you use. You might have inadvertently deleted an application cache file which the application needs.

Only other thing to do is boot into safe mode and select last know good boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/messed-up-computer-and-cannot-access-internet-page-says-cache-access-denied.41226/
Relevancy 45.58%

i hav not been on my pc 4 a few weeks n hav 4got my password so now i can't get on my pc plez can any1 help me lol i hav tryed 2 rember 4 2 days now n i can't so soz plez help me if u can ty

A:forgot password 4 login page at start up

Howdy,

Sorry but we can not help you about passwords as it is against the site rules.......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forgot-password-4-login-page-at-start-up.922031/
Relevancy 45.58%

Sorry for the delay in response I was in a part Coal Country which does not support the internet in a manner which I would need to resolve any computer problems I have run RSIT as suggested and I have attached the log as requested Thanks for your help I really appreciate it Cosmo Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Byerly at - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE home page pop mostly da-tracking on login from ups comcast while and Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS pop ups from da-tracking and login mostly while on comcast home page system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Toshiba IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared VAScanner comHost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Byerly Desktop RSIT exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Byerly exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar ... Read more

A:pop ups from da-tracking and login mostly while on comcast home page

Hello and welcome back.

The threads are closed and archived if we don't hear back in three days, and that's what happened to yours.

Please scan with HijackThis and put a checkmark against the following entries:

O2 - BHO: SmartShopper - {2BA1C226-EC1B-4471-A65F-D0688AC6EE3A} - C:\Program Files\SmartShopper\Bin\2.5.0\SmrtShpr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: SmartShopper - Compare product prices - {3CC3D8FE-F0E0-4dd1-A69A-8C56BCC7BEBF} - C:\Program Files\SmartShopper\Bin\2.5.0\SmrtShpr.dll
O9 - Extra button: SmartShopper - Compare travel rates - {3CC3D8FE-F0E0-4dd1-A69A-8C56BCC7BEC0} - C:\Program Files\SmartShopper\Bin\2.5.0\SmrtShpr.dll

Close all browsers and windows other than HijackThis and click on "fix checked". Exit HijackThis.

===================

Next, please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

We need to install the Windows Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Download the file from the following Microsoft page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Although this file is for SP2 and you have SP3 installed, you don't need to worry as it will work on both.

Save it as it is originally named to your Desktop.

Now close all open windows and programs, including all antivirus and antispyware programs. Get help here

Then drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it. Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Recovery Console.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleansing the system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pop-ups-from-da-tracking-and-login-mostly-while-on-comcast-home-page-298857.html
Relevancy 45.58%

If I visit a website , lets say Ebay, I can view pages, but if I click the login link, the web page comes up as unavailable. The same happens with most sites I need to login into. Also sites that automatically trying to login, like Google Earth or Skype.

I can surf as many web pages as I like, as long as I don't try and login. This is causing the problems. Have tried changing internet options, turning off firewalls but does not seem to make any difference.

Have tried using both Internet Explorer and Firefox and problem is the same, so I think it must be something on the PC's setting, just can't work out what it is?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

A:Web page unavailable on most sites needing login

have you disabled cookies?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/web-page-unavailable-on-most-sites-needing-login-264725.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I was in a pub the other day. When I tried to use their wireless I was directed to a webpage to enter the password.

I am a web designer and want to make a funky login page, not for a user ID. Just to enter the password to my wireless.

How do I do this? Im not aiming to make my system more secure, just a bit more fun. Please help!!

A:Creating a login page for wireless network

If you have a server operating system here is one redirect product. I know nothing about the product or company; just found it to get you started on your quest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-login-page-for-wireless-network.982767/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hai
I had issue with my windows 10 dell laptop, It flickers continuously at the login page,
can you see the attachment for more details??

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/43936-lockscreen-flikers-while-boot-login-page.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys, just want your opinion on these yahoo mail login pages. I have attached a screen shot of yahoo mail login page, one from internet explorer, and i've noticed that it looks like another login box has been placed over an original login box (you can just see the top of the original one in chrome, but explorer it's very blatant.) Also, recently, the links at the bottom of the pages e.g copyright/ip have legalredirect included in the urls. Just want your opinion as to whether this is normal (as I dont think it is, obviously) or whether I may have a redirect virus. I havent posted any logs yet, as I want to wait for your opinions, also hope you dont mind me posting the attachments,

thanks x

Relevancy 45.58%

I want to have a login page, that is access database driven for an admin side of the site.

I also want to have it set up so that they cant just save a page in their favorites and just access it without a username and password. That means that if they do save the page in their favorites, they will have to enter a username and password.

Help is much appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%

Often, when I'm connecting a public network such as a library or restaurant, a password is required. The browser is supposed to take you directly to the login page when you first open it, but for some reason my Chrome browser just takes me to my homepage, and my connection remains limited. Does anyone have a clue as to the problem & solution? I'd prefer not to have to switch to a different browser.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-chrome-not-taking-me-to-login-page.1166730/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I'm using a laptop running windows 8.1 and any public page that requires login after connecting to wifi like LBCC or xfinitywifi won't load the splash page to login so I can get internet access. My wifi just ses limited, I have tried a different web browser,
I make sure im on an HTTPS web page. I have made sure proxy settings are off but, nothing seems to work. PLZ HELP I really need to be able to go on the internet at school and I dont know what els to do!!!

Note: if you need any further info just ask.....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7310a8e-d85e-431d-9954-67f5063a075d/wont-load-dnssplashguest-login-page?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.58%

I have Windows When I use my laptop to attempt to log into Facebook the URL says https www facebook com login php login blank page - white Facebook login attempt and there's a white blank page in Google Chrome When I try it with Internet Explorer I get the same URL and the following information This error HTTP Internal Server Error means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying I Facebook login - white blank page think that I may have reset my Internet and Google Chrome settings before I started having this problem however my husband can log into his Facebook account on my laptop Facebook login - white blank page with Google Chrome Facebook login - white blank page without any problems I can't log into my account on my laptop or on a work PC at my office I can log into Facebook on my husband's laptop with Google Chrome but I can't on his laptop with Mozilla Firefox although he can log into his account with both browsers on his laptop I can't figure out of it's a Facebook account problem or a problem with my settings Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541789/facebook-login-white-blank-page/
Relevancy 45.58%

This web site takes over whenever I search or select a bookmarked site. Usually I can hit the back arrow (show the previous page) and this allows my original selection to come up, but not always. I have been into preferences and removed it from homepage under general tab (don't know how it got there) but it has made no difference. Any thoughts, Thanks,Tom Morgan

A:I have a web page home-login-help.com that takes over safari

Tom, try clearing your browsers (safari) cached files.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/i-have-a-web-page-homeloginhelpcom-that-takes-over-safari/39993.html
Relevancy 45.58%

New PC
What happens is, my PC goes through the POST thing, when the motherboard page comes up.
It also passes through the little bar loader that looks like:
[ ||| ] but after it gets past that, the mouse cursor comes up, I can move it, but the egg timer appears, and my whole system locks up
the fans are still running but I can't move the mouse, and consequently I can't reach the Windows Vista shining logo, nor the login page

As I said, brand new PC, radeon 4850, E8600 duo core, 4gb ram

please halp, i've just got it and I don't know whats wrong

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezing-before-reaching-login-page-306313.html