Windows Support Forum

Connect server to the internet without disrupting other computers on network

Q: Connect server to the internet without disrupting other computers on network

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connect server to the internet without disrupting other computers on network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I want to ask anyone here who has the experience connecting computers from one main server. My situation is like this, I have one main server (WIN Server 2008) where I want to be the main controller to all the computers that is connected to it. Problem is I don't want it to be a domain controller because many of the computers are either Vista or Win 7 Starter. One other thing is that the server has an internet connection on it and I would like the other computers to have the internet connection as well... thanks for your reply..peace

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noobs-how-to-connect-the-internet-to-several-computers-via-win-server-2008.1011348/
Relevancy 78.69%

Came to pick some brains for help Trying to help OP Rickman at Qwest net forums Told him I would post about problem over here Because of connectivity problems he has just switched his old Actiontec GT -WG for a new Actiontec GT -WG His statement of problem The Vista desktop is connected through ethernet and the XP laptop is wireless I am on my own wireless network and both computers can access the Internet but cannot share files or printer The Vista desktop will show the XP laptop in Network but clicking on it gets a quot Cannot communicate message quot On connect computers but network Can not internet, on to the XP laptop trying to see Workgroup computers gets a message quot Network is not accessible You might not have permissions quot I cannot ping one machine from the other I never tried to ping them when file sharing printing worked before but I would expect that they could I seem to remember some setting on the modem that I Can connect to internet, but not computers on network was told to change to make the networking happen the first time but it was years ago Thank you for you help What I have done so far Asked how he tried to ping Suggested if he pinged only by name to try pinging by actual IP address of each computer Remember seeing a thread here about Hostname IP Address resolution causing similar problem that was solved but couldn t find it Thanks DLSayremn nbsp

A:Can connect to internet, but not computers on network

I suggest the person with the issue post directly. It's much easier to assist without a middleman, and if he can post there, he should be able to post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-internet-but-not-computers-on-network.806805/
Relevancy 77.83%

There are two computers on our network that suddenly stopped connecting to the internet according to the user All the other computers are running just fine Neither Google Chrome or IE can connect to any webpage However both computers can access anything else on the network and also randomly change from showing internet access Computers Internet? to Suddenly on Network Cannot Connect to no internet access in the network center Also even though no webpages can be loaded the computer is still apparently connected to the internet because they can be accessed remotely through Team Viewer from outside the network over the internet System Restore helped with nothing and I tried to install Ad-Aware to do a scan but the installation fails because it cannot connect to the internet The machines are running Windows Professional x bit It was the same user who was on both machines when they went down and based on the browsing history it looks like this could possibly be related to some sort of malware spyware as opposed to coincidental hardware issues Edit - I did check the Ethernet cables with my laptop and have no issues connecting to the internet from the laptop

A:Computers on Network Suddenly Cannot Connect to Internet?

I hope your company's security infrastructure's intact and strong, so that whatever is troubling these two computers [via downloads and/or internet installs] will not travel to other computers within the company.  Could the company-wide security systems also be "interrupting" this particular user's "interneting?"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564721/computers-on-network-suddenly-cannot-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 76.97%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 67.94%

We have a computer running Win XP Pro and use this as a File Server.
Does Windows XP limit the number of connected users that can access a shared directory.???

Someone told me 10 is this true?????? Yes

Yes, it's really true. XP-Home has a 5 connection limit, and XP-Pro and Win-2K has a 10 connection limit.

Is there away around this????? I want to coonect 15 to the file server.

Relevancy 64.93%

I hope someone can give me some help on this one. I work for a small automotive repair shop. We just bought an hp proliant server to run our repair invoice program on. The problem i am having is that I cannot get the server to be able to ping the other computers on the network. I can ping from the other computers to the server though. I need to be able to do this so ican set up the rest of our software. Does anyone know where I might find the problem? By the way, I am running windows xp professional sp2 on the server and windows xp professional sp1 on the other computers.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everybody.

I would be more then happy if somebody could help me.

I have a company with 8 PC on local network. But often we can?t see one of them which is called "server" and sometimes another one. We use one AV (bitdeffender), and Code two publick folder for sharing emails via outlook. The base settings, like visibility or firewall we have set fine.

So please does anyone know where the problem is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386417-sometimes-we-can-t-see-server-other-computers-local-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi There I have a Belkin router in my home which two PCs wirelessly connect to with no problems I also connect my laptop to the wireless network when I bring it back from university However this time when I try to connect a problem occurs I go to look at the list of wireless networks connect to my one and a message appears telling me I m connected But then when I try to access the internet nothing happens ie an quot unable to connect quot screen appears Troubleshooting steps I ve taken so far Reset the router and turned off all security Again the laptop said it was connected then my browser failed to connect one can't! network... can to connect my Two computers to the internet Turned off my laptop firewall Tried different browsers on my laptop Typed to access the router itself but it fails to bring up the router menu when I do this on the PCs I can bring up a router menu Tried attaching the laptop to the router Two computers can connect to my network... one can't! with a network cable Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated Ben nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I am not sure if this should be posted in this forum or not but it is essentially a windows problem I recently had a run-in with a virus malware that was running ping exe in my background constantly I had tried several programs PC-Cillin Malwarebytes which never found the problem I had found a Can't to on connect / network computers the see other forum post somewhere else that recommended ComboFix as the solution Stupid me I just downloaded it and ran it without reading any of the disclaimers instructions On a positive note all of my virus malware related problems are solved However now I can no longer see any of the other computers on Can't see / connect to other computers on the network my network I have verified that both my NIC and wireless card drivers are both up to date I have Can't see / connect to other computers on the network also changed my workgroup to match up to the balance of the computers on my network even though I never had to do that previously I have tried quot repairing quot my network connection and get the following Can't see / connect to other computers on the network error when doing so quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Clearing NetBT For assistance contact the person who manages your network quot I am running Windows XP Pro SP Thanks Ryan

A:Can't see / connect to other computers on the network

Worth a look, http://xphunt3r.blogspot.com/2008/11/error-clear-netbt-solved.html .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432420/cant-see-connect-to-other-computers-on-the-network/
Relevancy 64.93%

So I ll try to describe my problem as best as I can I just installed a new computer on my network and it joined the network great and I can access all computers on the network and vice versa except for one When I view the workgroup computers and click on this particular computer I ll call it Comp it asks for a username and password So I go over to comp and try to access the new computer and it asks for the same username and password However from Comp I can access the other computers on the network just fine and vice versa For some On Network Connect Won't Need Help, Two Computers reason that is beyond my understanding of networking these two computers require this username and password for access So in summary these two computers can access every computer on the network and vice versa except each other Any ideas are greatly appreciated Both of these Computers are Windows Professional and password protection is turned off on all computers Thanks Nate nbsp

A:Need Help, Two Computers Won't Connect On Network

Anyone with ideas????
Thanks,
Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-two-computers-wont-connect-on-network.1098820/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I am clueless so please bear with connect computers I 2 need to one DSL?Network?? to do What me I have desktop computers An old Compaq that I have upgraded hard drive cd burner win XP etc but it has no ethernet card I have a D Link DFE- TX pci adapter and a Linksys Wireless-G pci adapter wmp not installed just What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? bought them cheap I want to move the old computer upstairs and use both computers from the same DSL connection New computer is Emachines don t laugh-I m poor windows XP ethernet port on front westell modem via Bellsouth DSL and Vonage Motorola router My question is should I put the pci adapter in the old machine and use a wireless router to connect the What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? machines Or what should I do I am pretty secure working inside the machines but I am clueless as to what I need to put in them to get them to share the DSL What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? I would greatly appreciate details and instructions for dummies Thanks in advance Homescool nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
I have two computers in my home. A laptop and a desktop. Both are connected to my wireless router wirelessly. Laptop has Windows Vista and desktop has Windows 7. I tried to connect the computers wirelessy for file-sharing. But i failed. someone help me. Note: While im in my desktop (windows 7), the other computer (windows vista) is listed in the network. But when i double-click to access it, it prompts a window saying "Windows cannot access \\computer2 check spelling of the name blah blah blah".

Relevancy 64.93%

I am trying to connect two computers to each other that both use windows 7. I'm wondering about when it asks me for a username and password, and because there is no password, we put ion the username and left password blank. Then it brought us to another window that asked for a username and password, and we could not go any further. How do I get them connected? and is it safe to set the password protected file sharing to 'off' or do I run the risk of someone hacking into my network? Thank you.

A:Cannot connect two computers to network

Quote:
I am trying to connect two computers to each other that both use windows 7

But your Subject says you want to connect to a network.

If wanting to connect the 2 computers only to each other you could try an Ethernet Cross-over cable or maybe a LapLink USB cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367325-cannot-connect-two-computers-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I realise there are quite a lot of these about but from searching no-one seems to be having quite this problem For a while I connect. computers won't Network, Vista-XP have had two PCs XP Home and networked together using a router Netgear DG G v It s a wireless modem router Vista-XP Network, computers won't connect. with four wired connections as well Both Pcs were connected via ethernet cables to the router and both were able to access the internet and to view Vista-XP Network, computers won't connect. shared files on the other The wireless connection worked succesfully for any device wishing to access the internet PDAs and games consoles for example However we have recently purchased two Vista laptops both running Vista Premium which we wish to be able to use to connect to the XP machine the machine isn t a worry however networking Vista-XP Network, computers won't connect. the machines seems to be a problem Both laptops are able to access wireless internet over the network and can see the XP machine on their network maps but are unable to connect to it a screenshot of the network map is attatched with a couple of pieces of personal data censored The top two computers are laptops and the bottom the XP machine If wired to the network they merely give a message saying something to the tune of quot cannot create a map of this type of network quot The XP computer refuses to see them at all and will only find itself All computers can Ping each other by IP Can anyone help at all Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone - Recently we went from a server physical environment to a multi-server virtual environment it was a huge upgrade Since the upgrade I have lost the ability to connect to computers remotely I am trying to connect to them using computername c etc I am currently on a Windows bit machine and all other computers are running XP Pro with SP bit We have a GPO that places all windows firewalls on with a variety of exceptions but I have no idea what I need to allow open to allow computers network Solved: connect Cannot on to these kind of connections to connect to varies networked computers Of course if we turn the windows firewalls off it will Solved: Cannot connect to computers on network work just Solved: Cannot connect to computers on network fine so something is being blocked Just an FYI we have VNC and LogMeIn and what not which work fine it s just sometimes I need to copy or look for files on someone s computer without disrupting them and that is the reason for connecting like this We are all using the same DHCP DNS IP Scheme and subnets Any help would be appreciated Matt nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I have a wireless network which includes a cable modem and a wireless router to send wireless signal computers 2 of 1 can't connect on network wireless to two computers Everything was working fine for a long time until 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect today Suddenly 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect one of the computers a laptop was unable to connect The other computer a desktop continues to have internet access Therefore I assume the modem and router are ok and the problem is with the laptop The wizard on the laptop detects the network The correct password is displayed 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect in quot properties quot However the wizard says that it can't connect to the network Diagostics was unable to explain The wireless button on the laptop is green and the laptop says LAN is on I took a look at network adapters in device manager which shows two wireless devices one microsoft and the other realtech both quot working properly quot I used system restore to go back the previous day which didn't help I ran ipconfig from the command prompt which says quot media disconnected quot on all of the adapters including the wireless I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless networks which make no difference I ran the procedure for resetting winsock to no avail I was unable to update drivers on the laptop without internet access I'm stymied and need some ideas

A:1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect

did you try a power cycle on the modem and router? Pull the power plug on both for a 10 count then plug back in starting with the modem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/1-of-2-computers-on-wireless-network-cant-connect-859713.html
Relevancy 64.07%

This is a setup problem. I have a Windows 8 Pro laptop, and a new Windows 7 Laptop. When I try to setup the connection so that I can share files and folders between the two computers, I am asked for the User name and the password. I see the password in the homegroup, but entering it does not help. What is the user name in this case? My computer name or the other computer name or something else? Many thanks.

A:Solved: Can not connect to other computers on network

The new laptop was not connected to any home network. Once connected, I could get access to the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-not-connect-to-other-computers-on-network.1079621/
Relevancy 64.07%

I had a network wich was connected through a cable modem to the internet.
After we moved to another house, i have an internetconnection through a speedport W 501 V over ADSL.
My main computer is connected with an excellent connection,
The other 3 computers can see the speedport, but cannot make a connection. The IP adress can not be refreshed. You cab see that the strength of the network is strong for these connections.
Because the signal was to weak for the other computers i have bought a Linksys wireless G-range expander.

How can i connect to the internet, how can i create a working XP workgrope as i had earlier (or is one problem connected to the other)

Relevancy 64.07%

I've run into a problem connecting to the other computer on my network. It worked fine for a while, but one day a few months ago, although it at least recognized the other computer, it encountered problems actually letting me connect. I haven't worked with it again since then until today, and now the other computer doesn't even show up in my network, while my computer shows on the other one and can be connected to. I can ping the 2nd computer by name and ip, but if I try to use \\ name, it gives me: 0x80070005 Access is denied. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 64.07%

I have a belkin home network and all the computers in my house can connect except mine, so it isn't a network issue. When I log onto my laptop, it says no networks are available so I can't even attempt to connect. Can someone please help me and tell me what to do? Thanks.

A:I can't connect to my home network while other computers can

Do you have the correct wireless drivers for your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-my-home-network-while-other-computers-can.171834/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok, I am at a friend's house and his computer is Windows XP and it is set up so that he dials up onto his DSL access on this computer and then other computers connect to the network through this computer. He unplugged the network plug and I plugged it into my laptop couldn't get it to work. So I tried to set it up so that my computer would be the one it would connect to using Network Wizard and at the end of that it said it failed. Then we tried it on my friend's laptop again and no use. The internet works on his desktop but now whenever we try to connect through a laptop it comes up saying, Limited or no Connectivity. What should I do?

A:Network Isn't Working - Computers Can't Connect Through This One

I'll bumb this for you, so the guys can take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-isnt-working-computers-cant-connect-through-this-one.422143/
Relevancy 64.07%

Here's my setup I am using a Blackberry to USB tether to my desktop internet works on pc Ethernet to WAN from PC that has internet to wifi router I get DNS is not responding now from any other computer connected to the network either wired or wifi Set up my network as following Tether has internet sharing turned on and connected to Local Area Connection Local Area Connection has IP configured as IP address Subnet Default blank Preferred DNS Server my ethernet connection so the internet connection is sent to wifi router I have tried everything I mean days of effort and searching IP is disabled Microsoft Virtual is disabled This SAME exact setup was working perfectly a week ago with an older Linksys Wifi router Then any network computers but connect Cant to get my to other desktop I bought a new Linksys E and because I wanted something new Bad move That setup no longer worked on the new router now it no longer works on Cant get any other computers to connect to network but my desktop the old router Please please please help I've seriously tried everything and then finally came across a thread that got it working but then broke it with the new router I wouldnt post if I didnt troubleshoot for hours upon hours Thank you

A:Cant get any other computers to connect to network but my desktop

Please guys I beg you
Pretty much every time I try to diagnose on a laptop it says DNS Server isnt responding

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146884-cant-get-any-other-computers-connect-network-but-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I managed to get folder sharing between a 7 and xp computer via lan cable to
work.
It took houers, and when it worked I didn't know why.

After reinstalling xp, again I can't make the lan cable connection between
the xp and 7 computer work.

The lan has the same name on both computers, and ip on both computer are config'ed.
Icons on both computers say, that the lan connection is running.
However, if I ping the windows 7 computer from the xp computer, it
works. If I ping the xp computer from the xp computer, it works.
If I ping the xp computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work. If I ping
the 7 computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work.

And on the 7 computer there is an yellow triangle on the network icon.
But it was also there before reinstallation, and the lan connection worked
anyway.

How do I get the lan cable connection to work?
Thanks.

A:Lan connect xp and 7 computer, computers do not appear under network.

Quote: Originally Posted by kjo

...If I ping the xp computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work. If I ping
the 7 computer from the 7 computer, it doesn't work.

And on the 7 computer there is an yellow triangle on the network icon.
But it was also there before reinstallation, and the lan connection worked
anyway.

How do I get the lan cable connection to work?
Thanks.

Did you try the diagnose connection option in Win7's Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network Connections app?? Right click on it...

You also said early on...

Quote:
After reinstalling xp, again I can't make the lan cable connection between the xp and 7 computer work.

Can you desribe what you mean by LAN cable connection... is this a PC to PC (ad hoc) network, or do you have a switch or router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185851-lan-connect-xp-7-computer-computers-do-not-appear-under-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Everyone This is my first post so be gentle with me I need some networking help please We have wire port ADSL router Server - Running SBS with NICs port switch A load of > Computers Server Switch help. Router Network > config > computers running a mix of XP and vista One of the server NICs plugs into Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers the router the other into the switch The router doesnt plug into the switch The server gets and internet from the switch with no problem I ve plugged all the client computers into the switch - so in theory they would connect to the server gt get their ips dhcp gt then gain access to the net via the server However this is not Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers the case no client computer can ping or rdp into the server altough Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers when doing IPCONFIG it seems to have got an ip from the server If i plug a computer directly into the servers NIC not the internet one I can RDP into it and get an internet connection Why is does it stop working once i plug them both into the switch any help is greatly appreciated as this one has been racking my brain for some time now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-config-help-router-server-switch-computers.830677/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm thinking something similar to ftp, have no idea what options there are.

Have 3 computers want to network between both in a more convenient manner than msn.

Hopefully can get some recomendations to minimise trauling time. Both computers are running windows XP and are connected through a multi-port router.

Thanks for any input.

A:Home network, looking for server to share files between computers.

You should be able to do this simply WITHOUT a server. All you have to do to share files, is use windows file sharing. Let me paint a picture for you...say you have your 3 computers. One is named Suzy, one is Steve, and one is Bill. Once file sharing is enabled (which you can do just by sharing a file), you should be able to do something similar to this. Say your on the computer Bill, and you want to grab some files from the shared folder on Suzy. Open up my computer, and in the address bar (Where is says your location) type in \\Suzy. This will give you access to the files and printers on that computer. BTW if you dont know how to rename a computer, right click on the my computer icon and select properties. Once the system tool comes up, click on computer name and change if necessary. Good luck and I hope this helps make things cheaper than buying a crappy old server lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-looking-for-server-to-share-files-between-computers.71651/
Relevancy 63.64%

HiHave a server linked to four computers and a laptop for a business and can't seem to access shared files on server from other computers as it keeps asking for username and password to access it. Have tried to change from workgroup to domain that the server is on so to create username and password but error message keeps coming up 'a domain controller for the domain ata.local could not be contacted or if just use ata as domain it does not accept any username or password. Also have tried suggestions in other forums such as simple sharing and creating an account on other pc's with same username and password as server. All of the systems are windows xp and the server is windows standard fe. Would really appreciate any helpThanksHarry

A:can't access shared files on server from network computers

Hello bighaz,

Are you running a Domain Controller(DC) for your domain? If not, go to 1, if you are go to 2.

1)
If you are not running a domain controller then the user credentials will not be present on every machine thus the error. If all users access the same files then you could create a single generic account on the file server and the users will need to use these credentials to access it. If the users need restricted access to certain files and folders you would need to create multiple accounts on the file server.
Once done ensure that all machines are in the same 'workgroup' default name is WORKGROUP and you should then be able to have access.

2)
If you are running a DC you will need to ensure that all machines are members of the domain and that they know of the IP address of the DC(this will either be set by DHCP if you are running a DHCP server or if all machines have static IP's this will need to be set on each machine. You will then need to add the user accounts to the ACL for the file share they require access to. Remember you may need to add the user to both the share permissions and NTFS permissions.

If the above is still not working can you please confirm that you can ping the file server and also see if you can access file shares on any of the other PC's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-shared-files-on-server-from-network-computers.991581/
Relevancy 63.21%

The problem is in the topic, I can see other computer in my network, yet cannot connect to any of them. Every computer has the password protected sharing off and discovery on, most are using Vista, one is using XP. At first the computers just didn't show up, but after a while they will appear in the network list but when trying to connect it will try for a while, then give you an error.

Windows cannot access \\*computer name*

Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was not found.Click to expand...

This computer is using Vista Home premium.

A:Solved: Vista can see other computers in network, cannot connect.

Alright, after some work we figured out the problem was with Mcafee. We were able to mess around with the network settings and got it all to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-can-see-other-computers-in-network-cannot-connect.743066/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have set up a wireless network in my home using s d-link N+ 300 DIR-655 and the desktop that is directly connected to the modem and router can connect to the internet and my laptop can access the wireless network and get online but I have another desktop that cannot connect to the wireless network. It can see it but when i try and connect i get the message that it was unable to connect or sometimes that i was able to connect but have limited connectivity. Im not really computer savvy but i follow directions well so any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been driving me crazy and i have done everything i know how to correct it and I am sure that i have the correct WPA password in there so that is not the problem.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys, I just loaded up my machine with Windows Vista Home Basic and wanted to connect my another laptop to it via Wireless AdHoc network. I created a wireless adhoc network from the network and sharing center. But was unable to connect the other laptop to it. Everything is ok. My WLAN is on, drivers are also latest. Please help.

My system configuration-
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1406 Mb
Graphics Card: VIA Chrome9 HC IGP, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 20002 MB, Free - 9600 MB; D: Total - 20002 MB, Free - 6003 MB; E: Total - 36303 MB, Free - 7469 MB;
Motherboard: HCL Infosystems Limited, Notebook PC, VT6363A, 1234567890
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi
I am new here. I have been reading the threads. Looks like a great forum.
I had a working network at home. I had to change the router and now other computers can not see my computer at all. It said not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. I have tried going on the drives and giving permission that way. It didn't work. Can someone please help!!
Thanks Ron

A:How to give permission for other computers on my network to connect to me.

Ron

Since no one else has replied yet.......

I`m not too good at networking, but this occurs to me.
Check the firewall. Turn it off first and see if that helps

It probably was set up before with a ?trusted network" based on an address from the old router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-give-permission-for-other-computers-on-my-network-to-connect-to-me-220618.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have had this Network setup at my home for a while There is one desktop which has Windows XP Professional we'll call this XPA antivirus is MSE connected to the router Unable XP Share computers to to connect Network in through Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share an ethernet port and three Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share laptops one with XP Media Center we'll call this XPB antivirus is McAfee configured to share files Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share and printers and two with Professional and Home Premium one is my own laptop -A antivirus is MSE and other is -B antivirus is McAfee configured to share files and printers A few months ago every computer was able to see each other easily through their names and were able to share files and printers easily even with the two laptops having password protection All of them were in the same Workgroup called WORKGROUP and the two laptops were in the same Homegroup sharing files through passwords Now I came back home from college and oddly find that my laptop which is -A Professional with MSE can't connect either XP computers when I type their name coming up with the error code x The network path was not found I can only connect when I type in their IP address It's the same when I try to connect from the XP computers to my laptop I can easily connect to -B though and -B can easily connect to my laptop XPA and XPB and vice versa I have no idea why this is happening now since I haven't really fiddled around with the settings in college other than installing some program that will let me connect to the university network Don't know if this changes much but I have a dual boot set up on my laptop with XP being the second OS and it can easily connect to the other three computers and the other three computers can easily connect to it I know that this may not be a big deal since I can still share through IP addresses but it does get annoying when the IP address for the desktop with XP changes since it has the main printer shared and I have to reinstall it if it changes Could a random reason be due to me using Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade my laptop from Home Premium to Professional which somehow changed some firewall port settings

A:Unable to connect to XP computers in Network Share

Disable the firewall temporarily as a test, see if it makes a difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198068-unable-connect-xp-computers-network-share.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have had a netgear router for some time now (WNR2000) for three home computers, all Windows Vista+ and recently had to buy a new wireless adapter for one of them (WNA3100). Previously, all computers were connected to a security-enabled network called 'Johnson'.

I installed the new adapter via the wizard and it ended up creating a new network entitled 'NTGR_zhOXSTT8ZSXtTUsaRd5lXfrq-WPS'. Johnson has now disappeared from the list and no other computer is able to connect to this new network. I tried changing from WPA2 to WEP and changing the password in hopes that the other computers will be able to login but it didn't work.

Help!!

A:Created new network by accident; other computers can't connect!

Why not (on the router) change it back to the old SSID and WPA-PSK or whatever encryption you were using, make sure you didn't enable MAC Address filtering, and stay away from those strange wizards?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/created-new-network-by-accident-other-computers-cant-connect.1006294/
Relevancy 63.21%

i have a time warner modem with a linksys router attached to it associated with this network are computers one running one on computers connect cannot home network multiple vista and the other ubuntu with a vista partition both have wireless connections the ubuntu machine connects to the internet through a firefox browser with no problems the vista partition on the ubuntu machine also works the vista machine which is at vista update KB cannot get out to the internet through either a firefox multiple computers on home network one cannot connect or internet explorer browser However i can successfully ping internet locations using absolute addresses and i've gotten a yahoo response through a host tx with the help of a friend it appears that the internet is accessible on the vista machine and some unknown function stops normal eg browser initiated usage i've done and tried several things like uninstalling Norten unplugging routers modems etc without success i've scanned Firefox and the I E with AVG and anti-malware and did not find any problems do you have any suggestions on how to debug and solve this problem

A:multiple computers on home network one cannot connect

Try this:

Power off the modem

Power off the router

Plug computer directly into Modem power up Modem

Power Up Vista Machine

See if Vista Machine can connect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356741/multiple-computers-on-home-network-one-cannot-connect/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a dell desktop running windows vista that connects to my wireless router with a cable I have an HP laptop that is running windows that is wireless When I look at network computers on the dell I cannot and with wireless same network wired the computers to connect get an error message that says that the computer is not accessible The same thing happens when I try to log onto the desktop from cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers the laptop When I try to run the network wizard from the desktop I see see connect to the internet connect to a wireless router or access point setup a dialup connection and connect to a workplace None of them make sense cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers but I tried connect to a wireless router and got a message that said to cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers set it up manually or set up a flash drive neither of which makes sense I tried set it up manually and all that happened is the router setup screen opened up I tried the same thing on the laptop and the setup the network wizard opened a screen that said choose a wireless router or access point to configure but nothing ever showed up on that screen I hate to knock windows but this all seems unnecessairly complicated It can t be that odd to have wired and wireless computers on the same network nbsp

A:cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers

sorry, not clear if your issue is connecting those pcs to the internet or if you are trying to share the computers across your network

do both pcs work on the internet OK ?

if sharing
Here’s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12246/share-a-printer-on-your-network-from-vista-or-xp-to-windows-7/

Share files between windows 7 and vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9040/how-to-share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-vista/

Here’s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html

Complete Guide to Networking Windows 7 with XP and Vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15247/complete-guide-to-networking-windows-7-with-xp-and-vista/

if you are trying to get on the internet
can we see an ipconfig /all from both pcs - make sure we know which is which
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-the-same-network-with-wired-and-wireless-computers.1075184/
Relevancy 63.21%

i would like to reopen the pending issue small computers the not map 2010 server - windows 7 on network mini mac appearing network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n DLINK router one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files i can force browse any computer by pc-name just fine later on i ve discovered that turning on the GUEST MODE mode in the SMB setting made all those problems disappear the full tread is described here http forums techguy org networking -windows- -problems-computers-not html few additions the new desktops do not show a log-in prompt window when connecting to a shared folder on the SMB server i don t know why the laptops require login every time and it windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server s easy to track the permissions also i see in the connection tab in the SMB a mysterious DENY NONE user that seems to be the one when the GUEST MODE is on Now i would like to investigate with your help why the W computers are not showing in the windows explorer network browser the GUEST MODE is more of an emergency way nbsp

A:windows 7 computers not appearing on the network map - 2010 mac mini server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-2010-mac-mini-server.955257/
Relevancy 62.78%

Can someone tell me the exact steps to take to make a network connection between my new and old computers. Both are windows XP. I keep getting an Error # 777 .

I was given a cable with the same type connectors that plug into the internet receptor. What type connector is this called?

Thanks very much for for any help on this.

Relevancy 62.78%

At our office we have atleast 10 computers and they are all connected to a wireless Network using D-Link wireless adapters. All the computers are able to connect to the internet and browsing the net is not a problem, but the problem is in accessing some of the computers on the network, I keep getting thse pop up error messages saying " \\comp1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions". I am the Technical guy in the company overseeing tthe network. Please Help am stranded and my job is on the line.!

A:I can connect to the wireless network in my office but i cant access some computers:

Sounds like you don't have permissions. Is this a domain or a workgroup network? Sounds like a workgroup.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-connect-to-the-wireless-network-in-my-office-but-i-cant-access-some-computers.952935/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a customer who has problems with their internet browsing Every few times they go to internet my Virus disrupting browsing a website or different links Virus disrupting my internet browsing even on same website they will get the Internet explorer page cannot be displayed error like there is no internet connection when the internet connection is fine I was connected on my laptop to their network and Virus disrupting my internet browsing didnt have a single problem But the for sure part where it does this is after she tries to log into her hotmail email Has to hit refresh button like - times to finally get it to come up And I know its not internet problem because past two days I ve been remote onto it with VNC and never got disconnected Virus disrupting my internet browsing from VNC and was duplicating same problem I ve run Malwarebytes ComboFix Rkill AVG Adaware SuperAntispyware Spybot And they ve all found their own different little infections malwarebytes was ran first and found the most but I ve flushed DNS on that PC cleared internet temp files history cookies Windows Temp files disk cleanup rolled back IE to IE installed Firefox and tried it on there same thing Checked if there was rogue proxy that hijacked IE or in network adaptor settings Nothing Kind of at a loss here GMER - http www gmer netRootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack Running gmer exe Driver C DOCUME Aubrey LOCALS Temp kwldipog sys---- System - GMER ----SSDT C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASKUTIL SYS ZwTerminateProcess xB DB ---- Kernel code sections - GMER ---- C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASKUTIL SYS The system cannot find the file specified C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASENUM SYS The system cannot find the file specified ---- User code sections - GMER ---- text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxParamW E AB Bytes JMP E DF B C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll SetWindowLongA E C D Bytes JMP E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll SetWindowLongW E C BB Bytes JMP E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxIndirectParamW E Bytes JMP E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxIndirectA E A Bytes JMP E FC C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxParamA E B Bytes JMP E B C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxExW E Bytes JMP E F C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxExA E C Bytes JMP E F D C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxIndirectParamA E D D Byte E text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxIndirectParamA E D D Bytes JMP E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxIndirectW E D Bytes JMP E EA C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe ole dll OleLoadFromStream C Bytes JMP E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation ---- Devices - GMER ----AttachedDevice Driver Tcpip Device Ip avgtdix sys AVG Network connection watcher AVG Technologies CZ s r o AttachedDevice Driver Tcpip Device Tcp avgtdix sys AVG Network connection watcher AVG Technologies CZ s r o AttachedDevice Driver Tcpip Device Udp avgtdix sys AVG Network co... Read more

A:Virus disrupting my internet browsing

hahah 106 views and 0 replies. Guess I dont feel so bad for being puzzled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313428/virus-disrupting-my-internet-browsing/
Relevancy 62.35%

Thank you for attempting to help Since yesterday afternoon the disrupting Malware computer and internet following unusual occurrences have happened The Windows taskbar went from 'Media Centre' to Malware disrupting computer and internet the ' ' style Malwarebytes closes itself after a few seconds Avira's installation process closes itself A trojan horse was detected by Avast pictured below The Realtek Audio Malware disrupting computer and internet Device is no longer detected leading to no sound An error message has appeared saying 'Exception Processing Message c Parameter b bf c b bf c b bf c' The computer occasionally shuts itself down after seconds due to 'NT Authority' The internet does not fully load some pages and seems to re-direct to advertising sites occasionally EDIT Sorry forgot to attach the zip file - done now Also I have an OS disk I have attached 'attach zip' and here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Adrian amp Gregory at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Opera opera exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Documents and Settings Adrian amp Gregory Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp global acer com uSearch Page hxxp uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http uk yahoo com uSearch Bar uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun LaunchApp Alaunch mRun High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNC mRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNC mRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMEName mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun N... Read more

A:Malware disrupting computer and internet

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-disrupting-computer-and-internet-466036.html
Relevancy 61.92%

We recently installed a cable modem and have three laptops successfully using it, one a MAC.
The laptop that cannot access the internet is an exact duplicate of one that can both using XP. It shows it is connected to the Netgear router and has excellent signal strength but will not access the internet with Firefox or IE.
I did the cmd and IPconfig/ALL and the results were:
An internal error occurred. The request is not supported.
Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help. Additional information: Unable to query host name.

Does anyone have an idea on what isn't correct?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello

I have 2 desktop PC's at home one of these being a windows and one of them being a mac.
I use a wireless modem for internet access on both computers. My windows computer is in terms of internet is working just fine; but i cant access the internet on my sister's mac. It appears to be an issue with the mac and not with the modem because my internet access on the windows is just fine.

please help. what can i do? I'm pretty sure it some network setting i have to adjust on the mac. It used to work fine before. What exactly can i do here mac professionals?

any comments to fixing the problem is greatly appreciated.

A:I cant connect to the internet on one of my computers. Please help me :(

Check this link

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1714

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-on-one-of-my-computers-please-help-me.965988/
Relevancy 61.92%

Today I bought a DES-1005D switch so I could connect to the internet using my PC and Laptop at the same time. I have a Modem provided by my ISP but it only has 1 port, so no other computers connect, so instead i got myself a switch, I'm trying to see if it works, but it will not connect to the internet, i remove the cable from where its plugged into the modem and put it into the switch, and also a another cable connected to the laptop to the switch.

For some reason it will not connect, anything I'm doing wrong?

A:Trying to connect to the internet using 2 computers

return it -- a switch will not do what you desire -- you need a router.

that said, it should allow ONE system to work, but as soon as you connect the second,
both will loose the connection.

look carefully and the markings; ONE should be an UPLINK -- that is the one to the modem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-to-the-internet-using-2-computers.128258/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys would be able to help me. I'm having a bit of trouble with either my modem or my computer, I don't know which.

My Problem: I can't connect two computers to my internet (broadband).

Specs:
Modem: D-Link DSL-302G
ISP: Optus
Computer 1:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512 mb RAM
Windows XP Pro
120 gb HDD
On-Board 10/100 mb Ethernet port
Radeon 9550 256mb Graphics Card
Computer 2:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
512 mb RAM
Windows XP Pro
80 gb HDD
On-Board 100/1000 mb ethernet port
On-board graphics card

A:Can't connect 2 computers to Internet

"Can't connect" means what? The plugs don't fit?

What exactly do you want to do?

By the looks of it, you should be attempting to connect the modem to one of the computers via USB and then use Windows ICS and a crossover cable to hook up the second.

If you had other ideas, then you either didn't tell us about something or it just plain can't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-2-computers-to-internet.48423/
Relevancy 61.92%

I only to Have ff will 2 connect ie or internet one using computers, have a wireless router and Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff until this morning both my win and my husband's computer win connected effortlessly to the internet Now I get essentially a blank screen using FF and a screen that says This page cannot be displayed and an address in the window of http www-search net s E Jwlimyuj fbd a Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff - a a- cb-b f - aa a amp pi for ie No matter what I type in the address I cannot connect to the internet My husband's can my tablet can and my laptop can using the same wireless router I have tried several restore points and I always get a message that restore didn't work because it couldn't find a particular unnamed file Now what I have run Windows Defender has always been in place since I bought the computer about mos ago and MalwareBytes and they find nothing I ran MiniToolBox and got this Any ideas Should I just reformat MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Pamela administrator on - - at Running from C Users Pamela Desktop Microsoft Windows Pro X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Wi-Fi Connected Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Ethernet Media disconnected Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Wi-Fi forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Bluetooth Network Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface other forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name PamHP Office Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - A-B - - A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - A-B - - A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sgt automation net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -A - - A-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - A-B - - A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f edf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July PM Lease Expires Sunday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - C- - C- -A - - A-D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C ECC F- E- ED -A F -F B A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific... Read more

A:Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff

I see several errors in that MiniToolBox report.  Malwarebytes is crashing, so I'd disable it and reboot.  There're reports of file index errors, so I'd run chkdsk for that.  There're also reports of code integrity errors so I'd run SFC for that.  To run SFC, click Start and type CMD in the search box, then right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the Command Prompt type sfc /scannow.  

If none of that helps, there're other things we can do, but let's try these first.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541577/have-2-computers-only-one-will-connect-to-internet-using-ie-or-ff/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a computer wired to my netgear router that runs on XP and connects to the net fine. I have a laptop running XP and another desktop running Vista that are wireless. These 2 connect to the network but cannot connect to the internet. The hard drive on the vista desktop was just reformatted and vista reinstalled and still will not connect I was getting error message "cannot communicate with primary dns" So I was advised to reset winsock, IPv4 TCP/IP, and IPv6 TCP/IP. After doing this the message changed to "cannot find server".

Please help

A:can't connect to internet on 2 out of 3 computers

In internet explorer click on "diagnose connection problems and it will giuve you options to click on to try to fix it.
Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-internet-on-2-out-of-3-computers-362440.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I have two computers which I used to network by means of cross over cable one adapter in each computer One of them was connected to internet through another adapter and a my connect help. other. each see not internet, but do Can to Please computers cable modem and the other shared the connection through this computer But I wanted each computer to be able to connect to the internet independently so bought a Com Office Connect Secure Router CR - Using the wizard I got both computers connected to the internet without any trouble But now the two computers do not see each other my network places page is blank my workgroup computers page is blank in both computers Please advise me what I have to do so that I can share files and folders between my two computers I use the second computer to hold Can connect to internet, but my computers do not see each other. Please help. my Ghost backups of the first computer My OS is WinXP SP I will be eternally grateful if you will please point me towards a solution Palmer Thongwa nbsp

A:Can connect to internet, but my computers do not see each other. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-internet-but-my-computers-do-not-see-each-other-please-help.480956/
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently purchased a new Thinkpad laptop. It failed to connect to my Belkin wireless router (limited or no connectivity message) even after I typed in the correct network key. When I turned off WEP protein through my old Dell, the new one can be connected. I then re-enact the protection through the new one using the same key. Now it can be connected under the encryption but the old one is left out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-to-connect-multiple-computers-to-wireless-network-under-wep-encryption.81865/
Relevancy 61.92%

I think my PC has cotnracted a weird Malware or Virus that disrupts my Browser or other programs that use the internet. When the disruption happens it states that ''Adress cannot be found'' in the net browser. Then I have to restart the Browser for it to start working again.

I'm currently running on Windows XP Home Edition.

My F-secure didn't find anything in a full system scan.
My Ad-Aware is still running and it has founf 2 targets, but it's taking forever to finish so cant report on that yet.

Would anyone know how to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-application-disrupting-malware-virus-need-help.899313/
Relevancy 61.92%

I downloaded a keygen recently and rather than being a keygen it turned out to be some sort of virus Google Chrome now redirects me to advertising sites although this hasn t happened for the past few hours and won t Trojan Browsing Disrupting Internet or Malware let me log in to gmail rather it states quot The site s security certificate is signed using a Trojan or Malware Disrupting Internet Browsing weak signature algorithm quot My problem is identical to this person s http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Hey all I recently stupidly downloaded a key-gen for some music production software It was a desperate attempt at getting the full program as I had done some work but forgot i couldn t save on a trial version As a result I have a Trojan Malware virus Trojan or Malware Disrupting Internet Browsing problem not and recently had to deal with a repair start-up loop that I believe it caused Basically the symptoms of the infection are that when i launch google chrome it says quot The site s security Trojan or Malware Disrupting Internet Browsing certificate is signed using a weak signature algorithm quot Similarly I keep getting sent to marketing websites randomly Any ideas Thanks However they didn t finish following the instructions from Gringo so I don t know what to do to fix the problem

A:Trojan or Malware Disrupting Internet Browsing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Then proceed to run aswMbr.exe as noted below.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logNote:If you are unable to run a Gmer scan due the fact you are running a 64bit machine please run the following tool and post its log.Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run itClick the Scan button to start the scanOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453309/trojan-or-malware-disrupting-internet-browsing/
Relevancy 61.49%

I work for a small non-profit so every penny counts that Advice need tech w/out computers Network server Solved: says new service call. stall, we spend I consider my knowledge of stand alone computers above average I build them and repair them But I am not well versed in networked computers Below are the issues which have recently begun to plague our small network I would appreciate input advice opinions We have a Dell main server with networked stations Server quot X Family Model Stepping AT AT Compatible KB Ram quot System Microsoft SP Stations All Dell running Windows XP Pentium except for one running My Station is running XP Solved: Network computers stall, tech says need new server w/out service call. Advice Pentium Ghz MB Ram Solved: Network computers stall, tech says need new server w/out service call. Advice All stations have cable internet via network with a static IP Recently our stations have begun to stall For example I can double-click an icon on my desktop Paperport which is installed on my local hard drive not on the server My computer will just sit for or minutes and then the program will start up I will then be able to proceed normally Often when the above happens my boss can do nothing on her computer either Other times it may be that I m trying to access a file saved on the server and the computer will just stall for a few minutes and then I can proceed This happens often but not every day maybe days out of If it does start happening then it occurs several time throughout the day Yesterday when I tried to open a page Word document my terminal stalled I took a look at the CPU usage in the task manager window It stated CPU Usage PF with Processes running The local area network is always connected it never states that it is not connected When we first called our tech he came and checked all of the network connections but found nothing wrong and re-started the server He install new anti-virus software Nod the same day because we were having issues with Norton that he could not correct and stated that Nod was the new software they were using A couple of days after he was here our terminals stalled again I was using Excel and when I tried to save the document it stalled but it finally saved the data Called the tech guy and he said the server was going bad and we need a new one Wanted to know if we wanted a quote As a side note about a month ago we purchased a new terminal because the old one would freeze stall and we would have to restart it Tech said that the hard drive was going bad and that we just needed to buy a new terminal The work done on this system is not what I would consider intensively demanding of the CPU For the most part we use Word Excel Business Works Scansoft and Internet However there are only full-time employees Two of the terminals are mainly used by patrons to access the internet the other station is only in use for hours once a week So it s not like we have an office full of people working and all accessing the network with a heavy load of work I know that our server is in fact old Why would it be a server issue if the software I am trying to run is on my local hard drive I can understand if I am trying to access data on the server I would really appreciate input from a knowledgeable person Is this a server issue Is the tech guy just trying to sell us a new server Thanks Elizbeth nbsp

A:Solved: Network computers stall, tech says need new server w/out service call. Advice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-computers-stall-tech-says-need-new-server-w-out-service-call-advice.702346/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everybody I am on a mission to find out how to properly connect computers to the same Internet quot pipeline quot cable to computers to 2 How INTERNET connect independently? Internet - provider How to connect 2 computers to INTERNET independently? Videotron - Canada in an independent fashion so that when I shut down one computer I do not lose the phone lines and my wife's computer still gets an Internet connection to the outside world We are using Windows the computers are brand new and the Internet connection is strong but the moment I shut down my computer within minutes my wife computer will lose her Internet line and the phones will die I am at a loss as to how to solve this since I have tried all combinations permutations you name it and nothing seems to work Could it be my Internet provider's fault or am I doing something wrong when I connect everything to the router Items computers tab Iphones Linksys router modem from Videotron the Internet provider Windows - x Please help me solve this conundrum I know that I need a fresh take from A-Z on how I should be doing things so the network works regardless of either computers being on or off Thank you kindly for your support G

A:How to connect 2 computers to INTERNET independently?

Using a standard router with DHCP enabled should be all you need. You may need to add a switch if you want connections in other rooms. The switch would need to be connected to the router by using an Ethernet cable.

A router with both wired and wireless Ethernet is probably best. The other computers being on or off won't matter with this type of network, that only applies if you are using ICS "internet connection sharing".

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222430-how-connect-2-computers-internet-independently.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My ISP provides me the internet connection by LAN. I can connect to any computer in the world but others cannot access mine. I know that people with a router need to do Port Forwarding to achieve this, but I don't even have a router. My ISP can give me a port, through which other people can access my computer through internet, but they charges an exorbitant amount of money for that. Can anybody help me solve my problem? That is how to let other people connect to my computer, with the kind of setup I have.

Configurations of my Machine is :

Network Connections setting for LAN -
IP Address : 10.10.62.11
Subnet Mask : 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway : 10.10.0.1
Preferred DNS Server : 10.10.0.1
This is the IP address for my computer today (external / global) : 61.95.146.82

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hey,

Me and one of my buddies want to work on a project together that is on my computer
although he lives far away from here.
I'm looking for a way to connect two Computers (one is mine, the other my friends) to one screen (being mine) over the internet.
Is there any way this is possible?
Any program?

A:Connect two Computers to one screen over the internet.

If all you need to do is be able to use one of the computers from the other, VNC is a pretty good remote control application that lets you take complete control of the remote computer. You can download it for free from realvnc.com. If you need to do more advanced things such as sharing files or printing, or any sort of collaboration, a commercial app such as GoToMyPC might be a better option.

Depending on your version of Windows, you might also be able to use the Remote Assistance utility to give the other person remote access to the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203003/connect-two-computers-to-one-screen-over-the-internet/
Relevancy 61.49%

Here s up internet how to two computers to dial connect the models and operating systems of my computers PC Dell OptiPlex GX Windows Professional PC HP Pavilion xt Windows ME PC eMachines C Windows XP Home Edition I don t really know a whole lot about Networking I ve currently lost my DSL due some bad service I received from Qwest and how to connect two computers to dial up internet am currently back to using Dial-up My Dell has a Ethernet port and no modem My HP is currently connected online having a modem I still have the Qwest GT DSL modem unplugged and gathering dust I would like to connect these two computers together so they could both use the same internet dial-up connection I m not looking to connect two computers to broadband as for the present time I will be relying on dial-up I m pretty sure this is possible but I don t really have a clue where to start as I ve always relied on one computer to use for the internet I would like to connect these computers the cheapest way possible I can t afford to buy a bunch of gizmo s and gadgets if it requires any Could someone please explain to me in simpleton terms if there is a way or more than one way to connect these two computers at once I m looking for any and all suggestions Thank you Oh yeah in the distant future I would like to connect the emachine I have online also with the other two currently it needs some work done to it so any suggestions here would be appreciated also nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Ola peeps!!

Used to be much better with computers but having left the IT industry a few years ago (well... basic tech support! lol!) I seem to have forgotten how they work!!

I Have 2 desktop pc's and 2 laptops that I would like to be able to see each other to access files... planning to set up a file server in the future but can't afford it just yet!

Everything can connect to the router and access the internet but the computers can't ping each other!!!

I've searched and not got a clear answer to this... I've checked all my settings and they seem to be right...

I was hoping to get the ps3 set up as a media server but can't access it!! again that connects to t'interweb fine but can't see other computers...

PC's are running vista, 7 x64 and xp...

any help would be massively appreciated!!!

A:Computers connect to router + Internet... But can't see each other!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-connect-to-router-internet-but-cant-see-each-other.946684/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have four computers in my home and only two will connect to the internet I have Comcast and use a wireless router and of course a modem Let me introduce them I think this may promote less confusion Desktop used for work purposes connects to internet just fine Laptop A used for work purposes connects to internet just fine Laptop B non-work with some others! not connect Can computers, internet to Solved: laptop will not connect to internet Laptop C non-work laptop will not connect to internet I just established the home office which operates from the two work computers My company IT folks had to change my IP address because Solved: Can connect to internet with some computers, not others! there was some conflict I wonder if this has some bearing on the issue Please also note that the two problem laptops used to connect just fine via the modem and router I use The addition of the two work computers to the mix may have upset the balance Solved: Can connect to internet with some computers, not others! but this is just my theory I Solved: Can connect to internet with some computers, not others! have tried numerous tricks and Laptops B and C just won t connect I don t believe distance is an issue as I have the bad computers right next to the router Thanks for your advice nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

First off let me say im not very technical .. sorry

Here's our problem, I have a DLINK router, it says its a 10/100 DSS-5+ and we recently moved to a new house. Before we moved, the internet worked perfect, but now we are in another location with a new ISP and since then we cannot get both our computers on the internet at the same time. When I am on the internet, and my bf tries.. it tells him 'page cannot be displayed'. I believe he has already tried going into the router and trying to set an IP up. We are also both using Vista, and did the network fix thing.

My bf is a technical guy, but he cannot seem to get it to work, and I dont really know what troubleshooting steps hes taken, but right now only 1 can use the internet via direct connection to the modem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!!

A:Cannot connect two computers to the internet at the same time.

Sounds like the router is either connected using the wrong port or the router's config is scrambled.
The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-two-computers-to-the-internet-at-the-same-time.929231/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello

thanks for you service

I got internet cafe and I got some problem with the connectin because customers some times complain from the connection is very slow

I got very high speed connection with buldog provider 8mb

I got 30 computers in the shop

I got one router netgear

any one can help me solving this problem please?

I want the connection to be very fast all the time how!

thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64056-my-computers-cannot-connect-internet-via-cable-only-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 60.63%

One system has XP and the one with 98. The computer with 98 has the modem (and uses compuserve). Both computers are networked together. How can I connect them both to the internet at the same time (using compuserve?)? Thanks in advance for the help.

A:how could i connect two computers to the internet at the same time using a modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-could-i-connect-two-computers-to-the-internet-at-the-same-time-using-a-modem.94495/
Relevancy 60.2%

HI am i have two computers, computer A running windows 7 pro and computer B running windows 7 ultimate,both computers are hooked to a switch.The network printers are also connected to the switch..internet cable plugged on the switch.
i have assigned the computers and printers with static IP addresses but now that i got internet i don't know what step to take to maintain my Homegroup and be able to share files and connect the two computers to the internet,the last time i tried using the public file sharing i got access denied while opening shared folders and unidetified network

D-Link 8 port switch
Konica minolta Bizhub c220 printer
Hp 2025 dn printers
Two windows 7 machines

Help me My dear friends

A:Connect two computers,two printers to share files and internet

Slickgeek, why don't you let your router assign IP addresses via DHCP then create your Homegroup, setup your shares and be done. Seems your doing to much work when it could be easier. Just checking!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216751-connect-two-computers-two-printers-share-files-internet.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I was told that I can use a wireless router to connect 2 computers to a single printer & also connect both computers to the internet via a single cable & modem. How would I do that? I think I understand the internet part. I need a cable from the modem to the router and then two cables from the router, with one going to each computer. Is that correct? If not, please enlighten me.

Then what about the printer? How would the connections be configured so that either computer can print with the one printer?

Thanks.

A:How Do I Connect 2 Computers to 1 Printer & One Internet Cable Modem?

You can either connect the printer to one of the machines and share it, or buy a print server so that the printer is independent of either machine. The only downside of connecting it to one computer is that you'll need that machine to be on to print (obviously).

What you described with cables all around doesn't require a wireless router, though a wireless router will do the job, as they also have wired ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-2-computers-to-1-printer-one-internet-cable-modem.353048/
Relevancy 60.2%

Morning everyone,

I am having a nightmare with my lap top and I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I can only connect to the internet at home and at one other wi-fi spot. All other places it says connected so it finds the wi-fi but then it says 'No Internet Access'. When I trouble shoot it says that the The DNS Server cannot connect to the Network.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Anys help would be greatly appreciated.

Emma

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I am trying to use the FTP client integrated into windows 7 to connect to a local server all the other machines on this network can connect to. All the settings seem the same. The server allows 50 concurrent connections. I am not sure why this one machine (LAN over Gigabit Switch) can't connect with the same credentials as all other machines on the network. I've looked at the firewall settings and allowed port 21 for the negotiation of the connection and listing the directory.

I am going to make a new user and password and see if that solves it.

A:Can't connect to FTP Server from one PC on the Network

Problem is solved. Anyone know why that could be? Does the client keep every machine logged in all the time and only so many connections are allowed from each user? This is a question for the CrushFTP forum now!

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323428-cant-connect-ftp-server-one-pc-network.html
Relevancy 59.77%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running windows xp on a dell inspiron 4150 with a built in wireless card. My wireless was working fine until windows prompted me to reboot due to windows update. It stopped working after that. It is telling me that no ip address can be found and when I ipconfiged it with renew and all it still could not find it. It gave me an error message that says cannot connect to DHCP server.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you,

A:Network could not connect to DHCP server

Nothing really comes to mind, but if you're using Window's Wireless Zero Configuration maybe you need to reconfigure your wireless connection; especially if your network is protected with encryption.

I use the utilities from my wireless cards' manufacturers to connect to my WPA protectecd network and had no trouble today after the same reboot (two notebooks). Well, same reboot if you're talking about the critical update released yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-could-not-connect-to-dhcp-server.363808/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi We had a weak connection on one of our laptops so we bought a linksys booster and installed the provided software Now - No Network are Yes (Other Yes/Yes) - computers Internet the computer the software was installed on only connects to other computers on our network but can t get i-net on either IE or firefox I Network - Yes Internet - No (Other computers are Yes/Yes) am on another computer which connects perfectly fine Any help is greatly appreciated Here is Network - Yes Internet - No (Other computers are Yes/Yes) the IP config Host Name Debra Primary Dns Suffix blank Node Type - Mixed IP Routing Enabled - No Wins proxy enabled - No Ethernet adapter wireless connection Media State - Media disconnected Description - Intel R Pro VE Network Connection Physical address - - -A -oF- B- Ethernet adapter wirelessDeb Connection specific DNS suffix - blank Description - Intel Pro wireless ABG Network Connection Physical address - - - - - -c IP address - Subnet Mask Default Gateway - Blank Note - I can ping the IP address successfully Thanks for your Help Harold nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 58.91%

A exe B exe C exe sshnas dll slow internet browser and download very difficult connect internet lan DDE server window ccSvcHst exe cannot login in yahoo messengerHi I was buy a new Notebook Lenovo E in Dec Microsoft Windows XP Professional version service pack OEM versionI use internet with kbps with installation Utp cable with RJ- connector Router D Link DI- with port H W F S W Scientific Atlanta A Cisco company ModemFirst server and flash internet very difficult connect browser A.exe,B.exe,C.exe, server internet and ccSvc... sshnas.dll,slow download, DDE window, lan, disk was infected A B C exe virus And notebook was infected A exe B exe C exe after I plug flashdisk into it Then when I shutdown windows appear sshnas dll popup I was uninstall A.exe,B.exe,C.exe, sshnas.dll,slow internet browser and download, very difficult connect internet lan, DDE server window, ccSvc... and reinstall Broadcom Ethernet driver times this not solve the problem I was uninstall Norton because ccSvcHst exe popup appear when I want to shutdown windows Now my notebook is very difficult to connect internet although another user not use it A.exe,B.exe,C.exe, sshnas.dll,slow internet browser and download, very difficult connect internet lan, DDE server window, ccSvc... I was rename my MAC address with my server MAC address because with Original MAC address I rather difficult to connect internet With Mac Address server almost when I first start or wake up from stand by I must disable and enable icon LAN connection and sometimes must be go to Restart for connect or must be eject the Broadcom Ethernet in task bar menu then unplug and plug RJ again I use manually TCP IP Address because when I use automatically TCP IP never connect to internet If connected use manually tcp ip the notebook cannot shared use wirelessThe internet very slow when browsing or download I use Down ThemAll and I see when downloading process speed nearly and after that almost byte second I cannot run windows recovery console and cannot disk defragment harddiskI A.exe,B.exe,C.exe, sshnas.dll,slow internet browser and download, very difficult connect internet lan, DDE server window, ccSvc... don t really sure the virus was removed from the notebook because i still having problem with my notebook I can t uninstall because the drivers in drive D and thing the drivers was infected too Too many many data in harddisk and i don t know how to install this lenovo notebookHelp me Can the virus infected the router can I have my notebook in normally run without uninstall please help me thank s for all answer and helpers Here I post DDS textDDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by AM- at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Outdated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchSVCHOST EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsSVCHOST EXESVCHOST EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Lenovo Energy Management utility exeC Program Files Lenovo Energy Management Energy Management exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exeC Program Files Lenovo ReadyComm common IGRS exeC WINDOWS System IgrsSvcs exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC Program Files Lenovo OneKey App System Repair UpdateMonitor exeC Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService ... Read more

A:A.exe,B.exe,C.exe, sshnas.dll,slow internet browser and download, very difficult connect internet lan, DDE server window, ccSvc...

Hi,My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.We apologize for the delay of response. Do you still require help?If you still require assistance we would like to see the current condition of your system so please post a new set of DDS Logs as well as a RootRepeal log and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log or RootRepeal log please refer to this page and in step #6 and Step #7 for further instructions on downloading and running DDS & RootRepeal. If you have any problems when running the tools or unable to produce a report for any reason, just let me know in your next reply.For your next reply I would like to see:-The DDS logs---DDS.txt and Attach logs-RootRepeal logs-Description of any remaining problems you may still have.Thanks again and we apologize for the delay.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289790/aexebexecexe-sshnasdllslow-internet-browser-and-download-very-difficult-connect-internet-lan-dde-server-window-ccsvchstexe-cant-login-ym/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello quot Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet quot Hitman Pro gives me that message when I do a scan and is unable to repair the problem I did all steps suggested at this link as that person s problem was very similar to mine http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html quot internet proxy quot None of the procedures and suggestions contained at that link to Explorer to this is Internet Internet connect the using computer a server on proxy have worked Also Symantec s quot Norton Power Eraser quot reports two problems m wshlex dll shell extension and deaddiskdoctor directory I have now done the steps at this link http www bleepingcomputer com Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet forums Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet topic html quot Preparation Guide For Use Before Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help quot I ve pasted the DDS txt file immediately after this and attached the Attach txt and Ark txt files Thank you very much for your assistance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D AV ESET Smart Security On-access scanning disabled Outdated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C FW Online Armor Firewall enabled B DAA - E E- - BB -D F A Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor OAcat exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oasrv exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oaui exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files AntiLogger AntiLogger exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES GRASS VALLEY PROCODER Kernel PNXSERVR exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W X fpdisp exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor OAhlp exeC Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exeC PROGRAM FILES SIBER SYSTEMS AI ROBOFORM RoboTaskBarIcon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files zabkat xplorer xplorer UC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files HAS HAS exeC Program Files PeerBlock peerblock exeH Firefox Portable FirefoxPortable FirefoxPortable exeC Program Files Sandboxie SandboxieRpcSs exeC Program Files Sandboxie SandboxieDcomLaunch exeH Firefox Portable FirefoxPortable App Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp news google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO KeyScramblerBHO Class b f - a - - e -c b bc e - c program files keyscrambler KeyScramblerIE dllBHO RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dllBHO InlineSearchHandleHotKeys Class b ffe ae- d - f-b -fe ffb cf - c program files ieforge inline search InlineSearch dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB... Read more

A:Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet

Hello dannya98, My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note because we are very busy, if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If youhave since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343709/internet-explorer-is-using-a-proxy-server-on-this-computer-to-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Guys I have read a number of posts here about networking issues but none seemed specific to my issue I had a Windows environment and just recently purchased a Windows laptop well win Pro to be exact On all of my windows machines I can ping and get solid response and go to that address in the browser and no issue On the new Window laptop I ping that address and sometimes get timeout with responses other times it just times out and sometimes I get all replies The print server has a web interface but I am unable to connect to it at network Win on my not server connect to will 8.1Pro print all - is there something I need to set in Win C Users Ron gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply Win 8.1Pro will not connect to print server on my network from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Then I get C Users Ron gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms

A:Win 8.1Pro will not connect to print server on my network

Welcome to Eight Forums,

This could be a network card driver issue and depending on the chipsets of your computer. Some Users have encountered disconnection issue after upgrading from 8 to 8.1, possible solution is to try downloading the latest driver for your network card from the manufacturer's site. Also, please check out this Thread.

For Broadcom NIC drivers try downloading the Windows 7 driver, check out this Thread.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34431-win-8-1pro-will-not-connect-print-server-my-network.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Very weird issue I cannot figure out. My laptop can connect to the network, the internet, and all other mapped drives/servers. For some reason my laptop will not connect to 1 specific server. I've tried by server name, IP address, I can ping it...everyone around can connect to this server. I've removed and added myself back on to the network...it's driving me crazy. Any ideas?

Thx in advance for any suggestions.

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.48%

All, up until around a week ago worked fine, but suddenly, just one of them has suddenly experienced painfully slow internet!

The problem does not seem to be the internet speed, but more the time it takes to open a webpage. I could click a link and wait 5 minutes before anything happens, and then suddenly, it will work fine, unless I am watching a video, then the video will go at about dial up speed.

It's a wireless network, if that helps.

Thank you for your time.

Relevancy 58.48%

As the title suggests im connected to the internet fine and I have another second computer wired up to the router and I can access the files over the network fine its been working fine now for about months 2 on network, slow same very computers with internet 1 but just recently on the second computer I have noticed that the internet speeds have dropped right of to useless and it even constantly disconnects too The main computer does not disconnect and it does not slow down working perfect 2 computers on same network, 1 with very slow internet in fact so i cant get my head around it The only updates software that has been installed on the second computer are windows updates I've even purchased a new router modem thinking that was the issue but alas it is not My wife also has a wireless laptop and that works just perfect too so the problem seems to lie with the second computer and I dont know what to do to resolve it been racking my head It will connect to the internet but its dam slow and majority of the time is useless its a wired connection via ethernet straight into the router daughter is moaning at me now to fix it Any thoughts Thanks

A:2 computers on same network, 1 with very slow internet

Have you tried a different cat5 cable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142071-2-computers-same-network-1-very-slow-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi techguy members...

i just want to know How to network two computers that are connected to internet.
For ex: my pc and my friend's pc>>>>>>

thanks in advance...

A:How to network two computers that are connected to internet

are you talking about LAN (Local Area Connection) or connecting two computers over the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-network-two-computers-that-are-connected-to-internet.720423/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am trying to network 4 computers (2 running Windows 7 Pro and 2 running windows 7 home premium). Each computer needs to have a static IP (10.19.1.99, .98, .97, and .96) with subnet at 255.255.255.0. Default gateway is blank.

When the computers are all on and connected to my Linksys 5 port 10/100 Workgroup switch, all the networks show as Unidentified networks in the network and sharing center and all are public. I am unable to change this.

I am also unable to "see" the other computers in the network map.

I have searched multiple threads and done many things but I can't seem to figure it out.

I do not need internet, just to be able to see all the computers and use and move files between them.

A:Trying to network 4 computers with no internet using switch

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Maybe the info in this tutorial will help:
Unidentified Networks - Set as Private or Public

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287041-trying-network-4-computers-no-internet-using-switch.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a network of 4 computers connected to the same DSL, and yet, one computer has extremely slow internet speed. The connection speed reads 100 Mbps, like the others do, but it doesn't perform at that speed. So I need help to make this computer fast like the rest. Any ideas people?

Relevancy 58.05%

Running Internet Explorer v.8
We have a computer at our office, that as of this morning, IE won't connect to any webpages. We've gone through the diagnostic tool - but the remedies it presents do not affect the problem.
Email (through Outlook 2007) connects fine and is receiving email fine.
All network drives can also be reached with no problems.

There is also no other computer in our office experiencing this problem.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. thx

A:Internet Explorer won't connect - but all other items connect to network

What error message are you getting using IE8?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-connect-but-all-other-items-connect-to-network-410702.html
Relevancy 58.05%

--I wasn t sure if home server was more based on XP or Vista so i put it here-- hi all I have a router and a wireless internet connection and i recently installed windows home server How Windows Server i a connect network? wireless do Home to on How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? an old desktop something i ve been meaning to How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? do for quite some time However on the first bootup when it had completely finished installation It automatically loaded up an internet explorer page with a microsoft url It said the page How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network? could not be displayed - great - No internet sort of needed for a server I went to new network connection and chose quot always on quot and it said it should already be working chose repair Well the thing is i don t know where the icon is that s usually in the system tray on XP and vista to connect to a wireless network How do i connect via to a wireless network Does it need to be plugged in directly via ethernet to my router Thanks Nappymonster nbsp

A:How do i connect Windows Home Server to a wireless network?

home server was not designed to work wirelessly, this is explained within it's documentation. you do need to hard wire (cable) your home-server computer back to your network switch or router for it to log on and receive the internet. hope this helps
bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-windows-home-server-to-a-wireless-network.721529/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have just added a new hp computer to my ethernet network which has xp computers and Xbox connected My IP put a new modem in to add phone service and now I only get online with the Vista machine The other computers Xbox neither see each other or my hp and vice versa nor are the xp Xbox able to access the internet IP Optonline checked and as long as one computer gets on line they say it is not their modem Router is a Netgear F about four years old and Netgear doesn t really seem to care All computers are on the same network WORKGROUP network set to private on all computers The Vista does not even see and vice versa the Xbox with media extender Have turned off firewalls Windows Norton McAfee set drives to computers & - - Vista Xp no for XP Internet access network share etc but still no luck Does Vista take over the network it seems to like to take over everything else Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Vista & XP computers - network - no Internet access for Xp

Unplug modem and router; shut down computers. Connect modem to router's WAN port; connect computer(s) to router LAN ports. Plug in modem, plug in router, boot computer(s).

If that doesn't get you working tell us the brand and model of your modem and for the PC with internet access and for one without ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-xp-computers-network-no-internet-access-for-xp.636296/
Relevancy 57.62%

Right simple set up..2 computers in the house, one currently with broadband, hence now!
I want both of them to be connected to broadband and I know that Ill obviously have to upgrade my service with my provider.
This will require a router, but one thing, will I need to network the computers. I dont want to do this at all, Id prefer having 2 completely separate pcs like it is now.
Thanks for any help!

A:To share an internet connection, do I have to network the computers?

You can either upgrade your connection e.g. get a separate connection from your ISP or network your computers. No need to do both.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-share-an-internet-connection-do-i-have-to-network-the-computers.26582/
Relevancy 57.62%

Problem networking - I am using a cable modem to a Cisco WRVS N router A ASUS motherboard desktop hardwired to router and a wireless Thinkpad T I am using XP Pro I have full internet access on both computers however I cannot see my network On the laptop I can see the laptop listed under my workgroup though the desktop takes a long time for the workgroup to appear and I ll get a error message that reads the following quot The List Servers for this workgroup is not correctly available quot I uninstalled Symantec End Point and reinstalled Avast and stopped firewalls even at XP level Ran Malwarebytes on both systems and ran End Point prior unstalling with no infestations showing I get intermittent periods where I can see and tranfer files with unstability then this disappears However when I do see computers can't access _ but internet - Ok see network Ping I cannot see my D on my desktop from my laptop Appears to have a program or something playing peek-a-boo and hiding my network Any thoughts - the following is a hyjack log for help Logfile of Trend Ping Ok _ internet access - but can't see network computers Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP Ping Ok _ internet access - but can't see network computers WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast afwServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files KSU CISCO VPN Client VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd Ping Ok _ internet access - but can't see network computers LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Pervasive Software PSQL bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ASUS WLAN Card Utilities Center exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files AceBIT WISE-FTP wf tp exe C Program Files chatsupport palm com bin tgsrvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Tony Desktop hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link... Read more

A:Ping Ok _ internet access - but can't see network computers

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365323/ping-ok-internet-access-but-cant-see-network-computers/
Relevancy 57.62%

so i have 3 computers and 2 ipod touches on my network.
2 computer are connected via ethernet and one via wireless.
1 pc on ethernet works just fine as well as one ipod touch.

the remaining, not so much.
i have done practically everything
the computers show up on the network, can trade files and look fine, but when i click on an internet browser, IM, or email, i get no connectivity.

i have verified DHCP is on and working.
i have pinged google.com and it timed out
i did the repair icon
restarted routers, and modem
i released and renewed ip settings via cmd
disabled and enabled network connections

so far nothing has worked, any help would be great appreciated.

A:no internet connectivity on SOME computers on network. DHCP is on

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connectivity-on-some-computers-on-network-dhcp-is-on.828740/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have two computers both windows XP A laptop and a desktop Both of them connect wirelessly the laptop with a card and the desktop with a wireless G on Network. one Wireless of my on get the Solved: computers. two can't I internet usb adapter to my Linksys Wireless G Network Router Recently the internet on my desktop computer Solved: I can't get on the internet on one of my two computers. Wireless Network. has had quot Limited or no connectivity quot When I try to start Firefox it says server not reached I connect to my quot source quot which I assume means my router but I can not find the internet My laptop and my home phone both get internet access through the same router and they work just fine By the way my ISP is Comcast For about two years my desktop had internet access with the same adapter but a few days ago it stopped working I called Linksys and after a looooooooooooooonnnnnnnggggggggg time of trying to solve the problem and a lot of repeating the same information to different technicians they told me that I had to replace my adapter I got a new adapter the WUSB GC plug in adapter and installed it The one computer icon on the bottom right of my desktop still has a yellow sign with an exclamation point next to it that says limited or no connectivity I have made sure that I had the correct security code I changed all sorts of settings in the Properties of the Internet Protocol TCP IP in Wireless Connection Properties including making it so that I typed in my own IP address subnet mask default gateway and Preferred and Alternate DNS servers I visited on my browser many times and I did alot of unplugging and restarting I also reinstalled the drivers for both of the adapters numerous times NOTHING HAS WORKED Please help me get the internet back on my desktop Ask any questions that could prove helpful Thanks so much for your time P S This is my old adapter http www linksys com servlet Satel versiondetail And this is my new one http www linksys com servlet Satel ypage download nbsp

A:Solved: I can't get on the internet on one of my two computers. Wireless Network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-get-on-the-internet-on-one-of-my-two-computers-wireless-network.722599/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi and thanks for looking Ive noticed on a few computers now that it takes quite a while for for these computers to make a internet / a take to while Computers make an connection network network internet connection approx a min after everything loads up including the AV After everything loads up the computers have no HD activity until a min later and it decides to make a connection Most other computers here make a connection right away I have these computers showing the network icon when connected and not connected in the taskbar notification area by the clock for personal prefference Some of the affected computers are or xp pro The s have a PCI NIC while the xp pros have an intergrated nic So that rules out any ideas with that i think Also with the affected OS difference it rules out the SP cnnection limit And any firewall ideas are kinda thrown out the window too b c s are affected So far i have only made the NIC mbps Full duplex and that didnt help I have tried to use the IE quot automatically detect network settings quot feature and that didnt seem to help should that really be enabled anyways in a DHCP workgroup enviroment I m not sure what else to try And yes i have tried different drivers and that didnt help Also note that some of the computers are nearly brand spanking new dells that came with sp with sp and installed SP The s where recently clean installed I also checked for virus s and spyware And it wasnt my AV b c i had the problem bfore the AV was installed Anyone got any suggestions Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Computers take a while to make an network / internet connection

Could be the detection rate on the switches. Are they manageable switches?Could be a spanning tree problem on the switch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-take-a-while-to-make-an-network-internet-connection.368468/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have looked through many posts here on this topic but haven t really found an answer for my situation My two desktop computers see each other and share files and printers with no problems at all through a DLink DI router My new laptop however cannot see the other computers at all to internet, New computers can't other laptop network... but see accesses on share files with them It surfs the net fine but cannot access the desktop computers which are networked I have checked that all three computers are using the same workgroup Codling Network I am able to ping both of the other desktop computers from my laptop Here is my ipconfig all printout from my laptop Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings RICK gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TOSHIBA-LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network... RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -A - New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network... E- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -CE-B -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Monday August PM Is the NodeType unknown a problem I ve read a few people who had peer-to-peer nodetypes and this was their problem but mine is just unknown Or New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network... is there something else at work here Kindest regards for all the technically advanced people who help out all the rest of us Thanks Steve nbsp

A:New laptop accesses internet, but can't see other computers on network...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-accesses-internet-but-cant-see-other-computers-on-network.609510/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have connected my wireless network like this:

Cable modem-> computer-> wireless router -> 2 more computers.

I have the computer with internet connected into a lan port on the router and used the network wizard on Windows XP after giving my router and the other computers on the network static IP's since the internet connection wanted the IP my router was originally on.

After days I have gotten as far as seing the internet gateway connected on my other computers and my wireless network connected but i can't open internet explorer on these computers.

Im doing the network this way because i have no choice. The Ethernet on my cable modem is broken and the modem is out of warranty. Getting a replacement from my ISP is like pulling teeth and theoretically this should work....

Could someone please tell me something else that maybe I should check? (before going mad, that is)

Thanks

A:No internet on computers connected to Wireless network

What you are describing is windows Internet connection sharing. I've used it before and it is extremely difficult to get working and extremely unreliable. I had to keep resetting my modem about every hour or so to stop the whole setup from locking up.

You really would be far far better off getting your modem fixed and doing it the proper way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-on-computers-connected-to-wireless-network.88677/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there I m really new here and need some help to fix this annoying issue Here is the situation computers are connected to a network I was installing AVG business edition on the first one made sure access the networked storage internet and email outlook were working then duplicated the process of other computers After each successful setup I was running a whole computer scan just incase By the time I was working on the th computer network computers after Lost a in internet on installing several AVG internet access to all the computers in the network was lost What didnt make sense is that even the computers that didnt get the new AVG business addition lost connection Yet when I plug any of the ethernet cables in the network to my personal laptop the internet works I tried resetting TCP IP and running winsockXPfix but nothing works I also tried deactivating AVG the firewall and even uninstalling AVG from of the computers yet the internet is still lost on all the computers All the computers are running Windows XP SP Any help Lost internet after installing AVG on several computers in a network will be highly appreciated thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-after-installing-avg-on-several-computers-in-a-network.1141129/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey, I have a home wireless network for two XP PC's and one XP laptop. One of the PC's and the laptop both have internet access through my comcast internet and linksys routers, but the other PC wont connect. Ive tried unplugging and re-plugging the routers, and re-booting. I can connect to the network (it says connected with very good signal) but I can't get on the internet.both of my other computers are on the same network but they can connect just fine. I dont know any computer language so please only use 'noob' terms. Thanks so much for the help, it is greatly appreciated!

-MXB-​

A:On my wireless network, all my computers have internet access except for one.

Well, I've experienced something similar, but to fix it you'll have to do some things that aren't too hard...

Try going on to you're router's web based configuration page and change the IP (I'm guessing that the default is 192.168.0.1) to 192.168.0.2

That might not work, and knowing me, I wouldn't bet on it, so, maybe you should try changing channels on your router to avoid any interference. Try changing it to 11, that helped me in other areas I can remember.

Have you gone on the PC and checked the wireless on there? It says its connected you say, so in the task bar should be a little icon meaning Wireless is detected (And hopefully connected)

Try right clicking that, and going to Status, then Properties. There should be a new window that comes up, with a list of things with check boxes. Scroll there, and find something called "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)". Once there, make sure that "Obtain IP Address Automatically" and "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" are checked.

I don't know what else to tell you if that doesn't work, other than upgrading firmware of your router, which is fairly easy.

Best of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-my-wireless-network-all-my-computers-have-internet-access-except-for-one.84008/