Windows Support Forum

HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updat...

Q: HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updat...

I keep trying to check for updates but it just stays at downloading messages and updates definitions. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still have the same problems.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updat...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updat...

I had the same problem this morning when it stuck on the second stage for over two hours then ended itself: I've just opened the Support Assistant > Updates which said 'No Update is available' so I clicked on 'Check for Updates'and am just watching the same screen as the top one I posted. After seven minutes it's still on the same stage. HP - you appear to have a problem. I'll see if Tech Support will be interested. The only way that I could get rid of the HP Support Assistant that had a magnifying glass over it was to restart my PC. I don't know if it's connected but when I logged on just now this window appeared: I OK'd it and was through to thr home page!

New Envy 15-AH151saOlder Compaq Presario CQ71-320SA screwed up by Microsoft's free upgrade from Win7 to Win10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Support-Assistant-stuck-on-downloading-messages-and/td-p/5466816
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi fellow techspotters,

odd thing has happened to my friend, whos pc I have handbuilt. Every time he starts downloading lets say 1gb or bigger file his RAM starts to fill up. No processes are visible to be the cause. Cpu usage stays on normal level, but the ram just keeps on filling. Until it is throttled by capping on 8gb and he is forced to pause the download and reboot the machine, and the RAM is cleaned.

I posted this under networking, because I doubt that it is a hardware related problem.
The numbers go some like this. 8gb of RAM = 20gb of download -> cap -> restart -> ram clear -> restore download. And the RAM gets used oddly like its ment to behave like this. Does it store something on the way?

It isnt actually a problem, my friend can cope with it. But I as a builder of the PC would really like to solve this. I have never encountered such memory behavior with downloads before.

Screencaps of the situation available when I get home from work.

cheers
m

A:RAM capping while downloading large files

Does the machine have an anti-virus installed? And if so, does memory usage have the same effect with or without active scanning?

When monitoring Task Manager, which process is using the memory allotment that appears to be accumulating? Killing the process should clear memory usage by that process.

Forgive me as I beat around the bush, not really knowing what to say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-capping-while-downloading-large-files.212335/
Relevancy 24.94%

Just as 4K displays were becoming more affordable and widespread, it seems as though industry standards groups are preparing to up the stakes again. Apple's 5K iMac still isn't a high enough resolution for the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA),...

Read more

A:VESA readies DisplayPort 1.4a standard with support for 8K displays

it is likely that we will see 8K TVs become more readily available before 8K computers do.Click to expand...

It is likely the only reason to have an 8K computer would be to use an 8K TV as the display.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vesa-readies-displayport-1-4a-standard-with-support-for-8k-displays.208715/
Relevancy 24.94%

Acer announced two new gaming-grade 27-inch monitors at the Consumer Electronics Show last month. The XB270HU garnered the most media attention thanks to its IPS panel and Nvidia G-Sync technology. What Acer neglected to mention at the time, however, was...

Read more

A:Acer's 27-inch XG270HU display will ship with FreeSync support

Those bezels are awesome! I wonder how much it'll go for though...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acers-27-inch-xg270hu-display-will-ship-with-freesync-support.208917/
Relevancy 25.8%

I just bought a Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD. Now I see that I have to enable AHCI for it to work properly, but I don't find anything that says AHCI on my motherboard! Will I never be able to use my SSD?

The motherboard's south bridge is ICH7. I know it has something to do with this problem, although I am not sure.

Thanks for help!!

A:Does ECS G31T-M7 (V7.0) support AHCI?

Do you have anything labeled IDE? It is a channel mode that needs changing from IDE to AHCI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-ecs-g31t-m7-v7-0-support-ahci.207226/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello! I want to buy a Geforce Gtx 980 4GB gddr5 for my pc but I dont know if my motherboard can support it, how can I tell? my mother board is B85-G41 PC mate>, My procesor is i7 4770 3.40GHz. RAM is 16GB 1600MHz and PSU is 500W.

A:Video Card Support

From the information you provided, yes the GeForce GTX 980 will work very well with your MSI B85-G41 motherboard. You may want to keep an eye on your PSU though. 500W is the minimum system power requirement (according to the Nvidia website) to run the GeFore GTX 980. If you Overclock the GPU, it may run into some issues with the draw power coming from the PSU, and could cause it to go into an overload.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-support.207732/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

A:Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am thinking about purchasing this motherboard,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/422559/FM2A88X_Extreme6_FM2-FM2_A88X_ATX_AMD_Motherboard

But I am not sure how to tell if a video card is compatible.

Here is the card I want,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...adeon_R7-260X_2GB_GDDR5_PCIe_30x26_Video_Card

I realize the PCIe 3.0 will fit to the motherboard, but I do not know if it will be compatible.

I do not understand the difference betweeen DDR3, DDR5 and GDDR5.

Thanks for help!

A:What video cards will support this?

Yes, those two items will be compatible with each other.

DDR3 & DDR5 are VRAM types and GDDR5 is a motherboard RAM identification.

For the future, you can go >>here<< and all your parts to see if there will be any issues with compatibility.

But keep in mind that there can be other compatibility issues such as the graphics card being too long to fit in the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-cards-will-support-this.204230/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi so for starters this is my rig AMD A - K Quadcore Gigabyte F A M D H rev motherboard X GB Corsair Gaming Memory DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB TB HDDs So anyway I ve noticed that my performance was pretty strangely bad with games these days I just haven t had much time to play but now it became stuck .924v at A8-5600k and 1400mhz terribly clear some games like Outlast and Dark Souls had low fps at times my friend s PC which has an AMD ghz dual core processor and a GT with GB RAM does far better he can run Outlast all A8-5600k stuck at 1400mhz and .924v very high with stable FPS I ve rocking it at medium and it still dips to fps Both of us were puzzled by this because HD is far superior to GT and the A - K can clearly be seen in benchmarks everywhere to outperform that processor of his significantly as well After doing a stress test of my A - k with prime or even AMD Overdrive torture tests either Overdrive or CPU-Z would display that the clock speed is only mhz and the voltage is or a bit more like x and it would just be stuck like that during the tests So it points to my processor not running like it should So maybe it s my A8-5600k stuck at 1400mhz and .924v board I ve disabled C APM cool n quiet set turbo to ghz in BIOS it s still does the same thing I ve even tried disabling turbo and overclocking with the BIOS to ghz or even ghz as well still stuck at mhz Game performance still weirdly bad What should I do nbsp

A:A8-5600k stuck at 1400mhz and .924v

Do you have the ability to disable the onboard graphics for the A8-5600K from within your Bios (or) change the graphics over to PCI-E only? Also, check the Windows Power Management and make sure that it is not limiting the maximum cpu percentage (or set to balanced or power saver modes - you want Performance mode). Not the only solutions, but try these first and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a8-5600k-stuck-at-1400mhz-and-924v.202942/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello,

I'm new to gaming and just starting to learn, but I could really use some help.

I have a Dell Studio 1558 with an Intel Core i3 CPU and a 64-bit operating system, and I'm wondering if it will support an nvidia gtx 770 graphics card.

I'm not really sure how to tell and most of the explanations I've found have been too technical for me at this point, so I would really appreciate help.

A:Will computer support an Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card?

Can you tell us your complete specs and what wattage your PSU is?

Thanks.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-computer-support-an-nvidia-gtx-770-graphics-card.201351/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have an external hard disk of Samsung 650GB which got damaged when I was transferring some files to my pc through it. Now when I connect to any PC or Laptop it shows the safely remove icon but there is no letter assigned to it and also doesn't show up in My Computer though it can be seen in Disk Management.

I tried Mini Tool Partition Wizard but when I create a new partition it stops at 90%. I tried wiping out the partition but to no avail.

Is there any solution for it??? Please help.

A:Creating A New Partition Or Wiping A Partition On External Hard Disk Stuck

I would check the manufacturers site for a windows utility to low level format it. If you cannot find a utility to do that on manufacturer's site, then try this: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/ to wipe the drive. WARNING!! this will destroy all data on the selected hard drive!! be very careful when selecting a drive to wipe that you don't inadvertently select the wrong disk. After a low level format, unplug the drive, plug back in, windows should detect as a new, virgin, drive and it'll prompt you to format it. Format it and hopefully everything will be fine from here on out for you.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creating-a-new-partition-or-wiping-a-partition-on-external-hard-disk-stuck.198811/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have these cards on a fast Dell T with GB RAM and they are FLAKEY They came with Wesson Active Adapters but the AMD guys said to get ACCELL so now I have ACCELL adapters At first monitors worked then then Since does not work at a contiguous desktop I - for No AMD AMD support 8 W7000 Dual from monitors have dropped one fro the matrix within Windows still have connected AMD tech support is a JOKE For MONTHS before the Holidays their phones many times said quot Can not connect to support at this time quot and this was in the advertised business hours for tech support A few times I did get through there were people there who had no idea what what going on had RCV and kept finger pointing to quot software on your machine quot And yet I have been running with NVIDIA or AMD cards on this machine for over a year with no problem I got the W for speed well that part is OK the four that work are fast But it would be nice if they all worked Duh Lat week for instance I had a talk with a AMD person named Dan who told me once he heard my story that there is a ligh level guy named Charlie Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD who really really wants to work on my case but Charlie is busy now and will call me at AM Monday morning I was here at this morning and no call In fact after an hour I called AMD and the message was AMD tech support does not open until AM At I called and got some poor guy who barely knew up from down very polite though and made all kinds of excuses for Charlie like Charlie was not available Charlie works in another building I have never seen Charlie I can not get in tough to Charlie I can leave a message for Charlie but I can not tell you if or when he will call you Insane I feel so let down by this company Someone should report them to the FTC and whatever bases of information possible to stop people form getting bush whacked by this AMD quot company quot nbsp

A:Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD

Ok so if I am reading correctly this is the card you purchased correct?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195118

Now then, you have two of these running in one machine im assuming X-Fired together so you can output on 8 displays. So the way im reading this (please correct my if im wrong) you have 8 display port adapters going to 8 different monitors (Display port to HDMI, DVI, or what?).

So here are my questions:
Which monitors have dropped off (Which card or both and which ports)?
Do you have the latest Catalyst for the Workstation cards running?
What version of windows are you running?

Here's a couple of quick things you can do to try and get all 8 working and ill see if I can't figure out the issue with you:

Try disabling eyefinity and running every monitor as an independent display.
Try rebuilding eyefinity in the control center and see if it detects all 8 monitors

One thing is that display port is designed to hold more than one monitor per port, im guessing you are using the DVI connectors since they came with it. My advice would be instead of using every port on each card, buy some of the dual display port adapters and use only the top card to run eyefinity, using 2 cards for multiple displays tends to run into issues at times especially when connecting such an extreme amount of monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-amd-w7000-for-8-monitors-no-support-from-amd.199168/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I ve been thinking about changing be PC my Graphics to able would Card handle? Which (support) my Video Card to another better NVIDIA My current computer specs Computer HP PAVILION ELITE HPE NL Computer Name PavilionElite System Manufacturer Hewlett Packard BIOS Ver OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Build Which Graphics Card would my PC (support) be able to handle? Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Will be extended to Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Power Supply W Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI IONA DirectX Version DirectX Antivirus McAfee All Access - Total Protection Updated amp Enabled Click here for more specs Which Nvidia Graphics Cards does my PC maximum support Could it support one of those -GeForce GTX TITAN -GeForce GTX TITAN Microsite -GeForce GTX -Series Microsite -GeForce GTX Ti new -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX Ti -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX Ti BOOST -GeForce GTX Ti -GeForce GTX -GeForce GTX Could you also be specific which ones would be the best for me to buy nbsp

A:Which Graphics Card would my PC (support) be able to handle?

Upgrading from a GTX 260, I'm not sure I would select a 660 or 760. Unless I was going for DirectX 11 capability. The 670 requires a 500W power supply and the 770 requires a 600W power supply. So while DirectX 11 would be an upgrade, if you are wanting a large performance increase, you will need a larger power supply than 460W. Judging by the dimensions of the GTX 260, I would say the longer graphics cards (11 inches) would physically fit. Speaking of the GTX 260, nVidia specifies a 500W is required. I know the specifications allow for headroom, so it is your call whether you want to risk a card that calls for 500W.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-would-my-pc-support-be-able-to-handle.198678/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I have a u8850 and my texts come through twice each time, anyone got any ideas how to change it back? billy

By the way its a huawei and it goes hot to touch while charging as well and its about 3 month old

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/text-messages.195106/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey there I own a Samsung laptop the model is NP E C I left my computer on the couch rushed off to work and came home to find it on the ground I figured it fell off the couch which is about a foot off the ground When I turned it on the fan was making a loud noise and it was clearly damaged or out of alignment Instead of spending money taking it in I decided to have a look and popped the back off I took the fan off and cleaned it and then put it back However the hard drive was connected to the back cover by a little plug which went into the motherboard so I took that off in order to screw the fan back in place I put the cover back on and tried to put the hard drive chord thingy into stuck menu at Computer boot the motherboard again but it seemed a bit loose I then turned the computer Computer stuck at boot menu on after screwing everything back and now it only goes to the boot menu and no matter what I do whether it be changing the settings back to default Computer stuck at boot menu or trying to keep that plug stable nothing will get me to Windows Did I take something apart that was not supposed to come off nbsp

A:Computer stuck at boot menu

Seriously? No one has any advice? lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stuck-at-boot-menu.194260/
Relevancy 25.8%

When I want to download (using IDM) the minitool partition wizard bootable iso file for partitioning from boot, I face the below message and can't do it.

I putted the message image below.
What's the problem please?

A:Problem when downloading Minitool partition wizard

Try to download it again from official website directly via: http://www.partitionwizard.com/products.html
Any more problem, you can simply contact the tech support via: [email protected]
Hope this can help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-downloading-minitool-partition-wizard.192917/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I purchased a seagate tb drive Installed it and using windows bit disc management I was able to see the drive in two partitions - tb and tb They were MBR at 2tb 4tb disk stuck Used a utility called EaseUS Partition Manager I converted the type to GPT It saw tb so I hit the quick format and for some reason it made it a tb partition I could not get back the remaining tb s Seagate s Discwizard previously was also able to see two partitions but now it only sees the tb and says there is nothing else and cannot fix the problem Tried to fix it using Minitool s Partition Wizard Windows Disc Manager doesn t seem to have a tool to address this problem - it only sees one partition at tb s Can t seem to go beyond the tb partition or get the rest of the tb s back in any form that I could see allocated or unallocated or Can someone direct me to a tool or method that could fix this I would ideally like to have one partition for the full tb s Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4tb disk stuck at 2tb

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2581408

If it is only seeing the 2 TB then it is back to being MBR.
I suggest deleting the entire partition and making sure it is GPT.
If this still does not resolve the issue I would return it as defective and try a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4tb-disk-stuck-at-2tb.192122/
Relevancy 24.94%

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

A:My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-hd-randomly-started-giving-me-access-is-denied-messages.191994/
Relevancy 23.65%

My ASUS EEE PC laptop keyboard has gone crazy. A few months ago I noticed that keys were getting stuck randomly, typing all Cs or colons or commas. I could usually clear this problem with the delete key and the problem would stop for a while during the session but it would eventually come back.

Then a few weeks later I notice that some of the keys would not work at all. Again this was random as some days certain keys wouldn't work and then other day they would start working again. Recently many of the keys completely stopped working.

A couple days ago eith one key either sticks or the whole keyboard won't work.

I have tried using canned air, popping keys off and cleaning them and even resetting the ribbon. I have now attached a USB keyboard and disabled the notebook keyboard and this is working but it is a bit of a hassle.

A:Keyboard keys are intermitantly stuck or not working

Perhaps I am jumping the gun on this one, but it sounds like this is a permanent hardware issue that will require either a new keyboard or mobo.

Have you tried going into device manager and completely uninstalling the drivers for the built in keyboard, then restarting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-are-intermitantly-stuck-or-not-working.155963/
Relevancy 24.08%

I upgraded my cpu to a 3GHz cor2duo E6850 from a E4500 2.2GHz
now my pc is stuck on bios logo screen.

When it powers with the new CPU I get one beep then it just sticks on bios logo screen, I left it for 20 minutes.

So I put my old CPU back in and updated bios then it stuck on logo screen witch ever CPU I used.
So then I tried to reset cmos, that's when it really crapped out, no beeps no display.
so then I took my cmos battery out and drained the board put my old processor back in and (thank god) it booted into windows.

Bad CPU?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard is a foxconn 45cmx (Bios has been updated)

A:New CPU PC stuck on BIOS logo

Anyone have any thoughts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-pc-stuck-on-bios-logo.190674/
Relevancy 21.07%

At random times, the CTRL key on my laptop will act as if it is constantly pushed down. I am unable to type and it is annoying. I have turned off sticky keys, and have tried pushing both the left and right CTRL keys simultaneously to turn it off. The only solution is a reboot of the computer. Is there anyway I can fix this??

A:CTRL key "stuck" on laptop, Asus N55S series, Windows 7

It may be time to replace the keyboard. They're not expensive and relatively easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ctrl-key-stuck-on-laptop-asus-n55s-series-windows-7.186720/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am thinkin of buying http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTEL-D41...aptopMotherboards_CPUs_CA&hash=item35c160f826

and I need to know if it will support my processor which is a core 2 duo E6550 and my G card which is a NVIDIA GT220 (old I know but does its job for what I need) and DDR 2 ram cards.

thanks all

A:Need to know if this motherboard will support my processor, RAM and GPU

The board seems to be a P4 board. - IntelŪ Desktop Board - DQ963GS

However there does seem to be support for Core2 processros with BIOS updates. - Found 36 Compatible Processor(s) for Board "DQ965GF"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-if-this-motherboard-will-support-my-processor-ram-and-gpu.186993/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey all. I have a realy irritating problem regarding the resolution being stuck in all games video options. I have my pc set up through HDMI to my 28" JVC TV which works fine when on desktop. I have the resolution at full hd 1080p. however in everygame I go on I cannot change the resolution to any higher then 640x480 and 720x480.
Never used to have this problem before and not sure what has happend as it never realy gets used. I tried to switch from HDMI to VGA and it still happends.

I am using windows XP 32 bit and have installed all the latest drivers on my hd5770.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated as im completely stumped at this!
Thanks.

A:Resolution stuck at 640x480 and 720x480 in video options

Have you tried another video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-stuck-at-640x480-and-720x480-in-video-options.182495/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi -
My wife's laptop has a sticky "x" key. If it was a laptop then I could switch in another keyboard. The key works, a little, but is quite annoying. Are there standard tricks to fixing this?

Thanks so much.

A:Stuck "x" key

a HAMMER ? :sigh: Sorry for the cheap joke at your expense, but this happens all the time with laptops.
A roommate has the 'M' all over the place immediately upon logon (sometimes during messing up the pwd).

Plan on a trip to the PC Repair Shop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-x-key.183955/
Relevancy 23.65%

I used to DBAN the other day the wipe my hard drive, completely forgetting that I needed a driver for it before I can install Windows. But I'm not particularly sure if I need the original driver, or if I can just use another program to partition the drive. I'm currently in the process of trying to get GParted to run on my bootable Linux (which is proving to be a real problem) so I wanted to know if it's even worth wasting my time if it's not what needs to be done. What's the best way to get a hard drive back into working order?

A:Wiped the hard drive, now I'm kinda stuck

Your question is vague and leaves open many assumptions. Let's try to clarify what you are asking...

Is this drive you wiped the main drive in your computer?!? Windows Xp and newer allows partitioning during the windows install process, so gparted may not be needed.
Why do you need Gparted?? Gparted should boot if you have a bootable linux disk with the application on it. Simply make sure the CD rom is the first in the boot order and it should boot to the disk.
The best way to get a drive back in working order is the format it. I recommend NTFS if it's windows, HFS+ if it's a Mac, and let linux partition however it wants to - different flavors of linux will partition & format as they see fit.

if you need a drive to install windows, generally the manufacturer has the necessary drivers on their web site to download to a floppy or a usb key & then during the install of windows it will prompt you to put in the "3rd party RAID or Controller drivers"

Hope this helps, please reply so we can help you out further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wiped-the-hard-drive-now-im-kinda-stuck.184396/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've been having this problem for the past week.
In CPU-Z the core speed , bus speed , HT link are ALL on very low settings. PC feels very sluggish
I've resetted the BIOS , disabled AMD C&Q , I dont know what to do anymore.

I've tried stressing the CPU but the max core speed I seen was 300-350 mhz on core speed from CPU-Z stressing with prime 95.

Thinking about RMA'ing this MOBO
Any ideas ?
Screenshot below from Cpu-z CPU tab & Memory tab

my specs:
MSI 790xt-g45
4 gb ddr2 g. skill 1066
msi 7870 gpu
500 gb hdd

A:X4 965 CPU stuck at 100MHz

The DRAM frequency looks low. Did you RMA the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x4-965-cpu-stuck-at-100mhz.183019/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I'm wondering whether this RAM: Kingston KHX1600C9D3

Will work with this motherboard: AsRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard

I'd greatly greatly appreciate any help!

A:Will this RAM work with this motherboard? I'm completely stuck?

Yes, that is DDR3-1600 RAM.

That motherboard accepts a maximum of 32GB using up to four sticks of DDR3 2100(OC)/1866*/1800*/1600*/1333/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-ram-work-with-this-motherboard-im-completely-stuck.181877/
Relevancy 26.23%

My monitor lately im seeing that its kinda losing its power its going dull + another wierd thing when I turn off the screen because im away studying usualy for a few moments I get that screen all kind of coulors like buncha strips and the monitor starts outputting strange sound from it which fade after a few seconds what could this be?Note monitor has been used for over 5 years now I belive could the screen be Dieng.

A:Need support for monitor

Sound like it is time for a new monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-support-for-monitor.181681/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 because of most of my configs didnt work for some programs and because of computer speed. Before the reinstall I got 1.8mb/sec on downloads, now I get 10-30kb/secs

Any problems?

A:Slow downloading

1st: Check your Ethernet cable, make sure it's terminated on both ends correctly - make sure it's ends are tight and there is nothing physically wrong with it. If it doubt replace it.
2nd: perhaps the network card is failing, swap it or install a pci one & see if there is a difference.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-downloading.181224/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all. I was just wondering if anybody knows is ATI support 3D vision yet? i have 2x6950's and an acer GD245HQ 3D Ready Monitor.

Thanks.

A:ATI 3D Support?

If your asking whether the monitor is "AMD approved" -then (unless their site is out of date - not beyond the realms of possibility) then it doesn't show up as supported hardware.

As for driver support, it might be best to check out some of the reviews

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-3d-support.179889/
Relevancy 26.23%
A:Can my motherboard support this GPU?

yes, but the better question is can your PSU handle the GPU? What size/model PSU do you have? Also see if the GPU will fit into your case because its long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-motherboard-support-this-gpu.178185/
Relevancy 25.8%

Here is the screen I'm using RIGHT NOW: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/e...4302-215012-215012-3770740-5034316.html?dnr=1

Here is the graphics card I'm looking at getting: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-NVIDIA...CS%2BUFI%2BIIUM&otn=2&pmod=370586074809&ps=54

Will my monitor boost up to that res. or even 1920x1200 with this GPU?

A:Does my monitor support 2560x1600 res?

Well, as you know, the native resolution is 1920 X 1080. All the other details as to maximum should be on the HP site. What you list is for HP Canada. Pay close attention to contrast ratios as well.
The video card goes to 2040 X 1536, but I would never depend on a used graphics card to do what you want at those resolutions.
Short answer: should work, but I would want to see it in the details on the HP site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-monitor-support-2560x1600-res.177747/
Relevancy 23.65%

A friend of mines samsung laptop keyboard is having a problem with the z key. when you open word or log on to the computer it acts like it is stuck and just types out the letter continuously but when you press the key physically nothing happens please help

A:Laptop keyboard key acting like its stuck but unresponsive when pressed

Sounds like it could be a bad switch on the letter Z.
Read these before "experimenting". I just googled "dell laptop keyboard and key sticks"
http://askville.amazon.com/unstick-key-laptop-keyboard/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=2278570
http://www.ehow.com/how_2107252_fix-sticking-laptop-keys.html
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1077151.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-key-acting-like-its-stuck-but-unresponsive-when-pressed.175761/
Relevancy 25.37%

I don t pretend to know much about CPUs doesn't M3A78 asus support II 965? Phenom Why x4 mb or motherboards so thought I d ask you guys I currently have a Asus M A Motherboard and didn t want to have to upgrade it for a new processor So i found out that the Phenom II X s are AM backwards compatible and began my search for the processor I wanted After reading about the AMD Phenom II X Black Edition I decided it was the processor I wanted with the right price tag for me but to my dismay despite the M Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? A page saying it Supports nm Phenom II X Processors Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? the does not appear on the cpu supported list on the asus webpage I called but wasn t given any real reason i think the guy just read what I had and saw it missing from the support list TL DR So I was wondering Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? just why the Phenom II x BE isn t supported by the Asus M A motherboard Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965?

I took a quick look at the CPU list on the web and the Phenom II X4 965 seems to be supported. Nope I was wrong. It's not supported. I looked up the ASUS M3A78 EM which does support that CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-asus-m3a78-mb-support-phenom-ii-x4-965.175272/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I have something visible on the screen which I can best describe as pixels which brightness is slightly more than the rest of the screen.

I can't say it is dead pixel, because the color changes appropriately to what is viewed making it difficult to spot. So it isn't color stuck, but more like brigtness stuck.

I think the correct term is brightness burnout or something.

Anyway is there a way to fix these? I know there are a couple of pixel testing software ad some say they repair them. Do these software actually repair them or hide them? How could a software fix something like stuck pixels?

Regards

Mike

A:How to fix stuck pixels on PC screen?

Theres a few methods i have read about.

Putting a SMALL amount of presure on the offending pixel with your finger.

Using a video like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GwrHzjgFtw ( Seizure warning, contains strobing)

Never had a dead pixel so no idea if any of these actually work, but the you tube comments seem hopefull.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-stuck-pixels-on-pc-screen.173666/
Relevancy 25.37%

Just a quick note for anyone interested in using (or is already using) SSD's in RAID 0. It seems that TRIM support for RAID 0 will be implemented in Intel's RST 11.5 driver.

[Source: Storage Review]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intels-rst-to-allow-trim-support-for-ssds-in-raid-0.173686/
Relevancy 24.51%

htt p w ww techspot com vb topic html What was the fix please I ve had the same problem with the same mobo I wish I could have multiplier on CPU stuck 4x sent a PM or even posted on the thread but I can t send him a PM because I have no post count and I can t post in the thread since it got locked First home-built computer and it was working fine I overclocked it to was working fine for a bit then crashed brought it back down to figured that d be safe worked fine for a bit and then suddenly in game it crashed on me Ever since then no luck it s stuck on x multiplier and mhz and I can t figure it out I m fine with just default but this is of what default is supposed to be cpu Phenom II X CPU stuck on 4x multiplier Black Edition Deneb GHz mobo GIGABYTE GA- XA-UD AM AMD X Help please edit wow I can t even post a link to that thread Lame I m just trying to get some help nbsp

A:CPU stuck on 4x multiplier

Umm, basically the CPU fan wasn't spinning because ... umm ... I forgot to plug it in. The CPU throttled itself, which was why the multiplier was stuck at X4. I doubt that was your problem, but hope this helps anyway....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-stuck-on-4x-multiplier.172319/
Relevancy 24.51%

So, I got a new LCD TV/monitor and it had a stuck pixel that was red set it back and got one with a blue stuck pixel this time. How do I fix this? I've tried several methods and none of them seem to work and I'm get frustrated.

Tried rubbing it through a cloth, tapping it with a pencil through a cloth, tried the color flasher things that claim to fix it and nothing. Is there a definitive method to fixing this?

A:How to fix a stuck pixel

Learn to ignore it, or return it if they have a "1 dead pixel" return policy. Some have a 3-5 minimum dead pixels policy before they will accept an RMA. IIR.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel.169220/
Relevancy 24.08%

I ve had this computer for about five years give or take the only thing different on it from factory is a new graphics card or two The current graphics stuck in Monitor standby card I ve had for almost a year or so My problem is suddenly Monitor stuck in standby out of nowhere no changes that I can think of my monitor started giving me issues One day when powering Monitor stuck in standby on my screen would turn on flash a normal computer start-up process and then go back to sleep-mode standby the power button is usually blue but orange during power save Sometimes like now I can get it to turn on and stay on but it takes a huge fight on my behalf I usually open something like control panel while pushing the on then off button repetitively every five seconds once it blackouts to get it to decide to stay on I haven t been able to figure out what makes it stay on but it is getting quite irritating If it goes into sleep mode the screen starts giving me issues again I have checked my video card driver I manually installed the latest from the Nvidia website Still having issues Here is what I m working with Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DXP BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTS Monitor Dell SE WFP Digital nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-stuck-in-standby.169022/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys i just want to ask some of you people that are good in computers.
I got a dell Xps 15 like a week ago.
When i tryed downloading WoW on it the downloading rates would go to about 900kbs and then slowly drop it less then one, and the cycle kept going.
Also im trying to download starcraft and im not getting the same 900kbs that i got on WoW,im only getting 200-300kbs.

Is this because of my computer or my internet ?
Sorry that im a computer noob
Thanks in advance
-omegarocks

A:Downloading rates dropping

who is your ISP? frequently they will apply a QoS to specific ports to preserve bandwidth for other users - - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloading-rates-dropping.168621/
Relevancy 23.65%

Let me first start off by saying I have limited knowledge on PCs.

I was browsing the internet when out of nowhere it started acting up. McAfee popped up in the bottom of the screen and my laptop began lagging pretty bad. Well it got stuck at that point with absolutely no response to any commands so I powered it off. When attempting to power back on, it loaded about 2/3 of the way on the welcome screen, and then froze at that point. It repeatedly does this. Upon hitting ESC, it says that my system BIOS are shadowed and my video BIOS are shadowed. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Studio 15 laptop stuck at welcome screen

Can you get into the Windows Safe Mode, by pressing F8 repeatedly when the computer is starting up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-15-laptop-stuck-at-welcome-screen.168288/
Relevancy 25.37%

Does anyone have any experience dealing with ASUS customer support? I've got a P8P67 LE that won't post (it's also got the faulty 3GB SATA Intel bug and is eligible for the recall.)

Problem is, I can't get ahold of ASUS at all. I've filled out their online form for the recall using the mobo serial number, but when I try to look up the status on their status page it tells me my serial number/email is invalid. I can't register again because i'm already in the system. So I filled out a customer service request 10 days ago and haven't heard back. When I call I've been transferred around, disconnected and left messages that haven't been returned.

Anyone have any advice on how to get ahold of them? I've got a dead board, eligible for recall, and it's still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-contacting-asus-customer-support.167984/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a GeForeve 9800GT from a friend and I would like to know if it will be compatible with my MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard.

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-msi-785gm-e51-mobo-support-a-geforce-9800gt.167756/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I m looking into the MSI P A-GD B motherboard for a new build I was looking at the specs and it says it supports DDR at MHz but that it would need to be OC d to get up to either the MHz speeds Basically I m wondering if it s worth it to OC for the speed and how exactly to do it Here are the specs of the build I m looking at Mobo MSI P A-GD B LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel CPU Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz LGA W PSU OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High Performance PS Graphics MSI R Cyclone PE Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HD HITACHI Deskstar TB RPM SATA Gb s quot So the main questions are a is it worth 1600MHz memory and P67A-GD65 support mobo it to go for the speed memory over the b what do I need to mess with to get the memory running at the full nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p67a-gd65-mobo-and-1600mhz-memory-support.167044/
Relevancy 24.08%

I've tried installing numerous operating systems including:
Fedora 14 (x86 and 64 bit)
Ubuntu 9.10 (x86 and 64 bit)
Windows 7 (64 bit)

the issue is the box stops at a black screen with a blinking cursor (linux) or the windows 7 loading screen depending on OS.

my parts are as follows:
MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX
ASUS GeForce GTX 460

The memory passes memtest86+ after 4 hours

I cant seem to isolate the problem down to one part
any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
i have a hunch that its the power supply not being able to handle everything but cant seem to verify

A:Stuck at black screen during install

I would try removing as many non-essential things from the machine to start with (sound cards, maybe half your RAM, USB devices other than kb+mouse, firewire devices, etc.) Also, you might want to check your bios to see if there's a special setting for memory while installing an OS. I doubt your problem is your powersupply if you can run for 4 hours on a memtest and I doubt it's really the mem if you're not getting any failures. Last thing I'd try is swapping out a video card - I did have an issue once where I'd freeze and couldn't believe it was the video card causing it till I popped that card into another machine and the same thing happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-black-screen-during-install.166272/
Relevancy 26.23%

Doing some research to finally set a home wireless network. I have an original PS3 and am trying to determine if there are any wireless N adapters that are compatible. Have seen contradictory reports on the web so Im curious if anyone here has this up and running or can make a specific recommendation.

A:Wireless N Support for PS3?

You can set up a wireless network using ANY wireless capable device. PC's, Notebooks, PDA's and PS3's. The methods are the same

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-n-support-for-ps3.165125/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have T Mobile broadband which allows me to use mb per day which is enough for what I use the internet for However something is downloading between mb mb every week or so when I log on I have checked Macfee and Windows data of Unexplained downloading update and both are set not to download any updates automatically and I have checked the remaining software on my PC but can t find anything else which is downloading Unexplained downloading of data The Task Manager doesn t show me anything either Is there anything included in Windows Home edition which downloads data that I m unware of It would be great to indentify what is downloading this data since my daily limit is only mb and afterwards I am getting locked out as I have downloaded too much Is there an option in Windows Home edition which allows me to see what is being downloaded and from where or any software which will do this Your help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Unexplained downloading of data

Your T-mobile provider may be able to identify this phantom down loader for you. There are many Windows 7 updates initially, including Service Pack 1. This would be an issue for the firewall and not the antivirus program

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexplained-downloading-of-data.164370/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi...

My amd processor x2 5200 i got some problem so i gave to amd for RMA they replaced new Amd processor. Thing is they gave AMD Athlon X2 250. But my mother board Asus M2N-MX PLUs
I just connected tested... no display @ monitor.

Does my mother board will support AMD Athlon X2 250. ???????

Thanks...

A:Asus m2n SE Plus support AMD Athlon X2 250?

The AMD Athlon II X2 250 is not supported by your motherboard according to Asus' website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-se-plus-support-amd-athlon-x2-250.163721/
Relevancy 25.8%

hello im planning to buy HDZ955FBGMBOX link http://aio.lv/lv/pc-components/cpu_2/cpu-phen2-x4-955-sam3-box_125w-3200-hdz955fbgmbox-amd/ and i have motherboard asus m4a78 link http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=8DgaI5WgY50udcbZ it show support ALL if HDZ955(but last letters is not the same) will it support my mb couse i dont have pcb 1.02G i see that HDX955... is by pcb version 1.02G

A:Phenom II x4 and motherboard support

I didn't see the Phenom II X4 955 listed in the CPU Support list for the M4A78 on the ASUS website. Might be a good idea to contact ASUS support just to be sure one way or the other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-x4-and-motherboard-support.163607/
Relevancy 24.08%

I just bought a new Samsung monitor and it has 1 stuck pixel. I tried applying pressure to it and it didn't do anything.

A:Stuck red pixel on Samsung monitor

Did you apply pressure during a full power on/off cycle?
I don't know if that still works, It's been years since I have tried it. If captaincranky finds this thread, He probably knows the best remedy or things to try....he's a bit of a monitor expert.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-red-pixel-on-samsung-monitor.161799/
Relevancy 23.65%

My friend's computer (which I'm using) is stuck at loading screen. It's a Toshiba Satellite 64-bit with Windows Vista. I told him to format but he refuses because he doesn't want to lose stuff he has.

I am currently on the Safe Mode with Networking, so anything you need me to do I can do from here, except install programs.

I tried to do a virus scan with avast!, but the computer shut down. Tried again, and it shut down again. It shut down when it was about 70% done, and it had found 18 infected files. I did another scan, but this time I stopped it when it had 11 infected files and moved them to chest. And now when I do the scan it shuts down on 4%.

Can this be the cause of my problem? Or is it another thing? Solutions?

A:Computer stuck at loading screen (Windows Vista)

Can this be the cause of my problem?Click to expand...

Yup. Start a new thread in the Malware forum on this site and the experts will help you to clean it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stuck-at-loading-screen-windows-vista.162967/
Relevancy 25.37%

I m new to TS so be nice I recently installed wow and at first when i tried starting it up it said your d accelerator isn t working So i asked one of my friends for help he said you don t have a graphics card So i installed this with with dual me Help tmu support card video new choosing a graphics card my friend had just to see if it would help and when i tried starting wow up again it said your video card doesn t support wow plz install one with dual tmu support I also checked out the WOW website for info and it had a list of cards it doesnt support and mine was among them Im not really sure which one i Help me with choosing a new video card with dual tmu support need or which one fits my computer if anyone can suggest a video card that would solve my problem plz help let me know if im missing any info you need to choose a card THX alot sorry for making it so long but wanted to describe as much as possible Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model MIDWAY BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found Help me with choosing a new video card with dual tmu support User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Gateway E Series nbsp

A:Help me with choosing a new video card with dual tmu support

Is this a small form factor or a regular width case? It appears that you need an AGP compatible card but the form factor of the case will make a difference in the card you can get. Also, you might need to upgrade the power supply to match the graphics card but that depends on which card you get.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-with-choosing-a-new-video-card-with-dual-tmu-support.160907/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi i just recently installed a E8400 and i check on CPU-Z and the clock is stuck at 2ghz.

I look online and it tells me to turn off speed step but in my bios there is no option to do so.

My mobo is a 0RY007 from dell.

A:E8400 clock stuck at 2GHz in CPU-Z

There is no need to turn off speedstep.
Put your CPU under load, there is probably nothing wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e8400-clock-stuck-at-2ghz-in-cpu-z.160346/
Relevancy 23.65%

The speakers won't work only if I plug something into the headphone jack will sounds come out.

A:Asus G51VX-RX05 stuck in headphones mode

the line may be muted... you should go into your sound card's control panel and check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g51vx-rx05-stuck-in-headphones-mode.130842/
Relevancy 25.8%

Can I make this video card work with a Dell 745 MiniTower? Not a gaming PC, three screen support is essential.
AMD lists 500W as the minimum wattage for this card. Could you suggest a PSU upgrade to make this work?

chasis dimensions -
Height 41.4 cm (16.3 inches)
Width 18.5 cm (7.3 inches)
Depth 43.8 cm (17.3 inches)
Weight 12.34 kg (27.2 lb)
Volume 33 Liters

Temperature Operating 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F)

A:Can Optiplex 745 support Radeon HD 6870

Putting the card in a mini-tower PC may be tricky... I have a Mid-Tower case and the hard drive bay is movable, to accommodate the "long" video cards. Get the video cards measurements and apply them to the inside case, where the PCI-e card slots are. Keep in mind that you will need to take up 2 card slots for 1 video card. If the mini-tower case has a standard ATX power supply any good brand (Antec, Corsair) 500 watt or better power supply will work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-optiplex-745-support-radeon-hd-6870.157450/
Relevancy 21.07%

So im planning on a new E6700 Will E6700 new support the my mobo cpu upgrade Im not a fan of Will my E6700 mobo support the new E6700 updating Will my E6700 mobo support the new E6700 all for the best I m more likely a FSX player and a bang for the buck guy anyways here is the deal I have a gaming rig and a casual pc my casual pc is getting a bit older and i believe its time to make a little change in the CPU I currently have the E which i bought about years ago running on my PC CHIPS P G v It s been a very nice mobo no problem at all and running I ve looked on several sites about compatibles CPUs and every website i get into Including the PCHIPS one agree in that the E is compatible with my mobo That is the Conroe procesor since there is a new cpu with smaller mn design and a ghz clock speed It really came to my head that if my Mobo is compatible with the old E Conroe should it be compatible with the new E Wolfdale If you need any more pc specs PLEASE ask me I will surelly answer everything Thanks for your interest P S I m new poster in this forum nbsp

A:Will my E6700 mobo support the new E6700

More than likely not. Most board that were born it the 65nm process era, will not support the newer 45nm CPU. In many cases, newer boards intended for 45nm CPUs are backwards compatible with the older chips, but I know that doesn't help you.

The E6700 (Pent) is a very new offering. It usually won't even run in boards that accept the E6300 & E6500 "Pentium Dual Core", (the new 45nm CPUs), without a BIOS update.

Here's the CPU support page for your board, and no's the answer; http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSit...x?detailid=386&CategoryID=1&MenuID=69&LanID=2

the board's CPU compatibility doesn't even extend to the E6x20 series of C2D. These were the 1333 FSB models.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-e6700-mobo-support-the-new-e6700.157198/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey i just joined this site it seems like you guys clearly know what your support? 3D TMU card w/ accelerator dual talking about so 3D accelerator card w/ dual TMU support? i was hoping that maybe sum out there can help me with my problem you see i have just installed WOW and it keeps coming up saying that my D accelerator card is not supported by World Of Warcraft Please install a D accelerator card with dual-TMU support System information Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model Model Pro Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type RIVA TNT Model Model Pro DAC 3D accelerator card w/ dual TMU support? type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d No WHQL Date Stamp None VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- D- CF-F F- A B C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled nbsp

A:3D accelerator card w/ dual TMU support?

That card is not supported by the game. You may be able to add a better card to your system but given the systems age I'm not sure you'd want to put any money into it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-accelerator-card-w-dual-tmu-support.155905/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok so i sent out my girls laptop about 3 months ago, because the motherboard and keyboard went bad. They said oh it will take 2 weeks to get back out to you.... Anyway they replaced the keyboard and the motherboard, and everything works great now. But there is a tiny slide switch button on the left hand side for a wireless connection that will go left or right. It is stuck and wont go right or left. So i pushed it a little to hard and the button popped off. How can i fix this... Should i unscrew the bottom of the laptop and try to fix the switch? I'm def not sending it back out again to wait another 3 months.

Computer itself is a gateway t series laptop.

A:Tiny slide switch button on the left hand side of my girls laptop is stuck?

Joe, it would help to have the model number of this Gateway T Series.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tiny-slide-switch-button-on-the-left-hand-side-of-my-girls-laptop-is-stuck.155371/
Relevancy 25.37%

I bought the new Sapphire HD FleX edition that FleX supposed support HD 5770 to displays three is supposed to do monitors out of the box Eyefinity made easy they say I have my monitors setup in the correct sequence but my right monitor HD 5770 FleX supposed to support three displays is always in DISPLAY PORT mode and can go no bigger than x It is NOT a display port LCD My left uses the supplied HDMI to DVI adapter my middle uses the DL-DVI port and the right uses the SL-DVI port I tried moving them around and all that happens is either my middle becomse x mode display port again and the left just does not show anything if HD 5770 FleX supposed to support three displays it s in the SL-DVI port Anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening Out of the box for me means OUT OF THE BOX I have lost hrs to this card and have come out no further ahead or any closer to eyefinity out of the box Here is a link to the actual card if it helps http www sapphiretech com presentation product leg amp psn amp pid nbsp

A:HD 5770 FleX supposed to support three displays

fnugen,
see if this helps you, setting up eyefinity can be a bit confusing. let us know, if you would, how it works with a single 5770.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYorUpN4PQo

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-5770-flex-supposed-to-support-three-displays.153525/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone,

I am new here and hlping that someone could please help me with my problem. I have a acer aspire 5810tz , I was running windows vista but upgraded to windows 7 my internal microphone stop working. I downloaded the drivers for the realtek microphone and restarted my computer. Well the microphone works but the internet will not. I have a data card that I used thru alltel to get online. If I remove the realtek driver that I added my internet goes back to working. I am not understanding what I am doing wrong. I went to acer and that is where I am doing loading the drivers from so I dont think I have the wrong drivers. Could someone please help me with this problem.

A:Downloading drivers and Internet not working

That is a common problem with ACER... VISTA Drivers and Windows 7 drivers are different, and they generally do not make updated drivers for machines designed for VISTA and converted to Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloading-drivers-and-internet-not-working.154704/
Relevancy 25.8%

I was just wondering if anyone can help me with something?

Basically I'm trying to sort out having some automatic messages pop up on the computers in the public IT room where I work as we're having problems with usage and restrictions so we want to be able to tell the public easily what they can and can't do especially as they seem to have complete disregard for the signs that are up everywhere e.g. no eating/drinking etc....

The computers are all on a simple LAN (I think), but after a quick google I had a lot of confusing stuff all trying to promote intranet programs etc....

I'm fairly savvy, just want a push in the right direction.

Thanks guys!

A:Need Automatic Messages to pop up on public computers on a LAN

Can't give you the details (as i've never used it myself) but you might conider using the Windows Alerter Service.
> It was intended to set administrative alert pop-up messages to machine on a network
> You need to assure the Alerter Service is Enabled on each machine (by default it's Disabled)
> YOU MUST BE CAREFUL that your External firewall has the alerter service port closed!! (you'll have to look up the port number. i dont recall it) BECAUSE:
===> SPAMMERS on outside networks used to send messages to users on internal networks by spamming messages to the open port used by Alerter Service

But if that port remains DISABLED at the WAN interface level, i think it shouldn't be a problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-automatic-messages-to-pop-up-on-public-computers-on-a-lan.154014/
Relevancy 26.66%

does I5 Supports Win XP?

A:Support for new i5 CPU

Ofcourse. Why won't it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/support-for-new-i5-cpu.153859/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am trying to fix a gateway laptop that keeps getting stuck at the xp title screen. I did a restore that saves the data files and it went through the entire process only to be stuck at the xp title screen again. Was hoping to be able to save some of the old data files but thats not looking too likely. This is a last ditch effort before I have to do a reformat of the drive and load it all up again. Hoping for any suggestions that could be a work around.

Thanks in advance

A:Gateway laptop stuck at XP title screen

Without more information we are kind of shooting in the dark.

And I may not be the one to carry you through to solution...
(I only have limited exposure to Win7 so far.)

Based on experience with other OS...
Could be Hardware (HD most likely, though Ram is not impossible)
Have you tried HD diagnostics? WD offers a diagnostic program for their drives.
We regularly have referred people to Memtest for Ram testing... not sure of use with Win7.
There may be other utils if Memtest is not compatible.

Both Memtest and WD's drive util run outside of Windows, so boot failure is not a problem.

Another way this kind of problem can result (with XP for example) is with driver conflicts, or with application conflicts, including security software. (For example, a firewall might cause a hang at boot, but the next reboot, no problem... your problem sounds different; but without more information it is hard to tell.)

Again... I am not familiar enough with Win7... someone with Win7 experience will need to weigh in.

A Product like Apricorn will help you rescue your data, so that if you need to to a system restore, you will not have lost your data.

Another possible option is to boot to "Safe Mode"; if you can, then this will help resolve the driver or application conflict causing the problem.

See here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

I hope this gives you a start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-stuck-at-xp-title-screen.152168/
Relevancy 25.8%

I got new monitor with maximum resolition of 1920x1080. My computer doesn't support this one. My computer options from high to low are 1600x1200, 1280x1024,.... but not 1920x1080.
What do I need to do?

A:PC doesn't support new 1080p monitor?

Try installing the driver for the monitor if there is one. You may also want to verify that your video card supports that resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-support-new-1080p-monitor.150311/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I got an Alienware laptop. Joyously, I start up Serious Sam, only to see stuck pixels everywhere. I try another game. Same thing. Completely black screen? Same. The pixels are in diagonal rows. There are about eight columns, some of them blinking on and off. Some additional columns appear and disappear at random. In the columns, the pixels are spaced very sparsely. Every stuck pixel will have one more spaced ~75 pixels up and ~75 pixels right. They are green on a black background.

My video card is a GTS 260. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I've had this laptop for a little over a week. Anyone ever heard of this before?

A:Stuck pixel grid on a new laptop

It's new and under warranty. I would take or send it back for replacement under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-pixel-grid-on-a-new-laptop.150167/
Relevancy 25.8%

I built this system in March and windoze vista home Ubuntu/Linux Motherboard with support premium This Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support particular edition of vista was a nightmare from day one and I eventually found a work-a-round to get Ubuntu installed NO Linux support from the MB manufacturer days after getting it to a dual boot system vista stopped recognizing the mouse and keyboard So I have a MOBO that doesn t like Ubuntu and is a nightmare to try to fond workarounds for Here is what I have to work with XFX nForce a SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA a Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support SLI Socket AM AM ATX Audio Video HDMI DVI PCI Express Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB eSATA RAID AMD Phenom Processor HD WCGDBOX - GHz x KB Cache MHz MT s FSB Agena Quad-Core Retail Socket AM Processor with Fan Kingston PC MHz GB DDR Desktop Memory - x MB Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support Pin OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB XFX GeForce GSO Fatal ty Edition Video Card - MB DDR PCI Express Dual Link DVI SLI Ready Seagate GB Serial ATA HD MB SATA- G And the full sized ATX tower w watt PS Which Motherboards would be the best to work with that HAS Linux SUPPORT Thanks for all the help over the years guys I truly do appreciate it Drew nbsp

A:Motherboard with Ubuntu/Linux support

Is there a specific component on that motherboard that you're having problems with? I can't imagine that the motherboard is not "compatible" with linux - in fact, I've found threads with people using Ubuntu with that mobo. I also find it odd that you'd have a Windows Vista issue with that mobo since most of the users I see online who use it are running Vista or 7 64-bit. Perhaps you have a faulty motherboard and it's not a problem with the model itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-with-ubuntu-linux-support.149672/
Relevancy 26.23%

Does anyone know if this board supports large HDD. 320 GB, 500 GB etc.? Thanks fish4specs

A:Gigabyte GA-K8U-939 HDD support

Update to the latest BIOS and it definitely will support hard disks of any capacity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-k8u-939-hdd-support.147710/
Relevancy 25.8%

Well I have a 3 year old pc with intel 82915g/gv/910gl chipset

if I install windows 7 , will my chipset work

I have drivers just for xp, I searched for even vista driver, but I didnt found them.

plz help

A:Windows 7 Intel drivers support

They will be on the website of the manufacturer... or with help from their tech support site.
Generally the chipset will work... but others can be a frustration.
Chipset upgrades, if needed, are found on the Intel website... It is a struggle to find where.
What is your brand, model, and configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-intel-drivers-support.147154/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everybody I d like some advice please I seem to have three basic choices on taking boxcarloads of VHS and turning them digital here at home all because of the older but reliable USB video capture device that I ve got whose vendor is gone and for which I haven t found Vista or Win drivers As this is not the only piece of XP software I 7? Stuck windows to old XP capture with boot or dual device, VXP video need to keep going Stuck with old XP video capture device, to VXP or dual boot windows 7? I either rebuild another XP machine to run these on and file share on my LAN take either Stuck with old XP video capture device, to VXP or dual boot windows 7? of two reasonably new laptops running Windows and teach them to run XP Virtual Mode again with the laptops but make them dual bootable with an XP partition My old HP Media Center machine had Gb RAM on it and the transfers worked fine but when it burned up its d hard drive drove it in to SMART death I said enough with it I tried running it on another old XP machine that only has MB RAM on it and I have unacceptable frame drop on the captures did not have this on the GB machine prior to its toasting itself into oblivion So I need bigger machine and memory But I have two laptops a Dell Studio bit Win system with GB and a Sony Viao bit with GB I don t have any idea how much of a memory hog the virtual machine mode is and I don t know if either laptop has the HAL built in to it but it seems this is no longer required for it to run VXP but it may affect performance I see the tradeoffs as follows Probably straightforward but it does become yet another computer to maintain XP Virtual mode does make file transfers between systems easy its USB management seems to suggest that the only XP drivers needed are what I d load for the device s I need to carry on using and it seems easy to install but what s the processor and memory overhead I ll experience Drivers I ve read posts in the Mobile Computing forum that some folks have had real fits trying to find XP drivers for VISTA generation laptops I haven t looked yet Any thoughts advice experience greatly appreciated Any other traps I need to look at And yes there is option spend bucks or so and buy a current generation video capture USB device that comes with windows drivers if I could find one with a time base corrector in it for that price I just might Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck with old XP video capture device, to VXP or dual boot windows 7?

Shop for the video capture device in option 4 and see if you can find one to your liking. If you can't find one, you still have options 1-3.

Option 5: Stick a new hard drive in the old Hp media center PC. They aren't very expensive these days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-with-old-xp-video-capture-device-to-vxp-or-dual-boot-windows-7.147069/
Relevancy 21.07%

I ve troubleshooted my laptop for the past few days and finally realized why typing on it has been so frustrating My laptop seems to be spamming the home key so it makes it impossible to type My key isn t physically stuck either It presses down fine etc etc I ve tried taking off the key and cleaning it i took apart of the laptop and took off the keyboard and dusted it off with a tissue It seems that when i hold down my function key it all types well but i can t do that obviously Things to note i have an HP and a chopped version of XP plan on buying windows too because updating drivers without being able to run windows update is a pain thanks I m sure theres more you guys need to know but thats all i can think of Update not sure why or how but it seems that WoW is causing the issue as soon as I enter the game i start experiencing the spam of my home key and when i exit everything is perfectly fine Still might take my keyboard off again and clean update seems keyboard "stuck" Laptop key home like holding down function key helps really stuck on what this could be any advice appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop keyboard home key "stuck"

If it only happens in WoW, then it's obviously not a hardware problem.
Sounds like it may be some sort of malware that runs a script to lock the Home key on when WoW is loaded.
Assuming you had run WoW on this computer without any problems in the past,
I'd follow the steps outlined on the sticky for the Virus and Malware Removal forum
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-home-key-stuck.146132/
Relevancy 25.8%

No IPv support on new Belkin routers per Belkin tech support Subject Support for IPv on the Play Max Wireless Router Does the Play Max Wireless Router support IPv on the WAN side LAN side or both Thank you in advance Discussion Thread Response Santosh B C AM Hi Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support Thank you for taking the time to write to us We understand that you want to configure the router with IP V Ip address We are sorry to state that Belkin router can only be configured for Internet protocol TCP IP version Thank you Should you have any further questions please take a moment to review our Knowledge Base at belkin com support or let us know Please ensure that in order to reply to this email or access any attachments you must follow the link shown above and click update at the bottom of the email to be able to respond Do not reply as we will not receive your email Santosh B C Technical Support Agent Belkin Technical Support Customer C M AM nbsp

A:No IPv6 support on new belkin routers

Well time to look at the Cisco Linksys E3000 instead. As that's where I headed for. Why over the Easter Weekend I was helping my brother-in-law setup his free Cisco Linksys 802.1n from Cox Communcations. He and I have Cox both have the same plan. But I didn't see what the fact that his wireless 802.11n downloads was very quick. Even though be both have Power Boost, his E2000 is quicker than Belkin N+. Wow! An on the Gizmo site online there is a short review on E3000 in 802.11n mode and it's quick. There is EnGenius ESR9850 that's suppose to be showing 700mbps on LAN to WAN and WAN to LAN on wired connections where P2P is showing 19,721 max connections instead of the norm 200 max simulations connections. As 802.11n is over 100mbps too.This is 10/100/1000mbps the NPU is all-in-one SOC meaning the wireless chipset is integrated into the chip. NPU speed is 384MHz and the onboard RAM is 32MB. Online this wireless 802.11n router is only $49 to $59 on some sites. Belkin N+ V2 uses this setup, but looks like some other companies have spiked up the firmware or hardware to get max connections speeds.

After two years of owning first Belkin N+ it has served me very well. But like all PCB wireless routers they tend to degrade and start acting up after heavy duty usage like I have place this router though. Plus these newer routers seem to have full speed ahead not like 2008, 2009 where they seem to be half speed. 2010 wireless routers not all but those I've mentions are set to the max instead of mid-way! Gig connection is suppose to be 600-700mbps not 100-200mbps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-ipv6-support-on-new-belkin-routers.145535/
Relevancy 25.8%

Here's my mobo info:

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/3128/imagec.png

A:Which processors will my motherboard support?

Here you go: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d102ggc2/sb/CS-026580.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-processors-will-my-motherboard-support.145358/
Relevancy 24.08%

Is there something wrong with it?

A:Temp1 (Speedfan) is stuck at 85 degrees C

Speedfan reports a ton of temps, not all of them are valid. If it never changes I wouldn't be concerned about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp1-speedfan-is-stuck-at-85-degrees-c.145195/
Relevancy 24.08%

HP DV5-1233SE won't past the HP logo screen

Guys,

This is my 2nd time having issue with this laptop where it will not boot and just stuck at the hp logo screen. The 1st time it happened about 8 months ago and it was still under warranty so HP fixed it by replacing the system board and ram. This time it is out of warranty and looks like the same problem. Has anyone encounter the same issue? Can anyone share how you guys fixed it without having to send it to HP?

I am pretty technical guy so I should be able to fix it once I know what is the cause of this problem. I am suspecting it is the motherboard as i could not even get to the BIOS. I tested the ram and harddisk seem to be working by switching them to my friend's hp laptop.

Please, please, assistance is needed here.....Thanks!!

A:HP DV5-1233SE stuck at HP logo and will not boot

what a pity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv5-1233se-stuck-at-hp-logo-and-will-not-boot.143882/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok not sure how or why this happened but I have tried removing the controller from the device manager and rebooting but it still shows up in PIO mode.

Transfers etc are slow obviously so I would like to fix this

I have also tried a program that resets ATA devices to DMA mode

I had this HDD in another computer without a problem so I am not sure why I am having this problem at all..

Its is a 1.5 TB Seagate HDD if that matters at all

MB is a P4M800 and I am running Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3

A:SATA drive stuck in PIO mode

Repair XP, but if you don't have the XP SP3 CD then you would need to blow out the OS and re-install the OS. Once corrupt no turning back. You could try to re-install SP3 but I think you would be better off re-installing the OS to get it where it should be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drive-stuck-in-pio-mode.144968/
Relevancy 25.37%

Yeap, apparently there was an update for trim support with RAID 0, 1, and 10 (not 5).

Now, this is really interesting news to me, as I want to buy a couple of SSDs for my new build, and put in RAID 0.

Now, this update is apparently only for Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Reading around, I can't figure out of this would include the P55 chipset.

Can anyone answer this?

A:Trim support and RAID - update question

Any Intel I/O controller hub that supports RAID from ICH7R onwards (so from 945P chipset), including the P55 family (which has an integrated Platform Controller Hub).

For any other thread viewers interested:
Driver here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=&DwnldID=15251
All drives in the array must of course support TRIM

Definitely a step in the right direction !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trim-support-and-raid-update-question.144846/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,
Just recently my internet stopped working properly using IE and Firefox. It runs only little slower than normal until i start to download something, like an attachment, or I try watching a video (youtube, netflix...) then my computer slows down immensely. When i'm downloading the attachment or doing a speedtest i watch the download start at 400+ kbps and rapidly decline to 15-30kbps. And then my whole internet is slowed down. I already went through the 8 step guide getting rid of viruses and malware in another forum and was cleared to repost my issue in another area. I have tried turning the modem off and unplugging it for awhile. I have a wireless router, but I tried plugging the modem directly into the computer and still had the same issue. I also tried downloading a demo on my PS3 and found that the same thing is happening there as well. Please help!!

A:When i start downloading my connection dies

Have you talked to your ISP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-start-downloading-my-connection-dies.144267/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a g15 keyboard, older style (blue LED and flip up screen), that many of the keys are stuck. Awhile back, I took all the keys off to clean the entire keyboard. After cleaning I put all the keys back on with not much hassle. Ever since then, I notice that many of the G-keys on the left are stuck.( really hard to press down and will not come up after pressing) Is there a way to fix this so it will work better? I checked the keys and there is nothing in the way. The keys are also in the right position. Should I apply a little amount of light oil to help it? What do you recommend?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g15-keyboard-keys-stuck-any-suggestions.143398/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have an AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor with a Western Digital Hard drive WD Caviar SE My Error Fastbuild and Utility Messages computer went Fastbuild Utility and Error Messages through this process where it finally just stopped starting up for me I finally gave up and formatted my entire Fastbuild Utility and Error Messages computer I thought initially that it was th hard drive then I saw one of my ATA Serial cords was broken I replaced that I went to reinstall WIndows XP onto the computer and it would get part of the way through setup then went it asked me to push enter to install it would tell me no hard drive disks were found I put in my SATA drivers disk and it did nothing so I downloaded the Data Lifeguard Diagnostics from the WD website Now whenever I start up the computer it is saying Reboot and Select proper boot device I also have the option to enter the Fastbuild Utility which I never saw on startup until recently I have no idea how to set up the array and no clue what s wrong with my computer Any help or suggestions would be nice nbsp

A:Fastbuild Utility and Error Messages

what motherboard are you using

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fastbuild-utility-and-error-messages.143046/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

So I'm looking at a new motherboard. It will be using an intel core i5-750 processor. I also have a gtx 260. I found a motherboard on newegg that has Crossfire support. Does that mean it will also support SLI? Here is the link.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130246

Any help would be appreciated. Also if it isnt suggestions for a 100-200 dollar mobo with SLI support would be appreciated but It needs to run the core i5-750 as well.

A:Motherboard SLI/Crossfire support

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I have an MSI mobo which I know supports Crossfire, but my video card is Nvidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-sli-crossfire-support.142607/
Relevancy 24.94%

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Asus P6X58D Premium

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli? Does Asus Premium does the same?

thank you for your answers, would help me alot

Explain in detail if you can please..

A:Motherboard Gigabyte or Asus? Which one fully support usb 3.0 and crossfire?

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli?Click to expand...

That does not seem very probable. What's the source of this information?

Both ASUS and Gigabyte are great brands. Just get the board that comes in cheaper as long as they have the same feature set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-gigabyte-or-asus-which-one-fully-support-usb-3-0-and-crossfire.142775/
Relevancy 25.8%
A:Can Thermaltake M9 support another 120mm blue led fan?

Here's an idea. Check Thermaltake's product specification page.
Are you attempting to win the title of "Most threads started that could be answered by a simple Google search" ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-thermaltake-m9-support-another-120mm-blue-led-fan.142642/
Relevancy 21.93%

Sony Optiarc Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X CD-R X CD-RW MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe LightScribe Support - OEM Antec probably support and build this actual gen games games? of 100% next Can Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD HJ GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive ASUS VH T-P Black quot ms Widescreen Full HD p LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built-in Speakers - Retail GIGABYTE GA- TA-UD AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Retail G SKILL Can this build support 100% of actual games and probably next gen games? GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNT - Retail AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor - Retail ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro mm CPU Cooler - Retail nbsp

A:Can this build support 100% of actual games and probably next gen games?

All these items are worth:

$995 shipped ($1000)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-this-build-support-100-of-actual-games-and-probably-next-gen-games.142603/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I'm going to buy a GTX8800 for my pc, but before that I will need to upgrade my PSU because it has only 250W ( i-cute china brand ), it definetly not sufficient to run GTX 8800. I have found this PSU on ebay

cgi.ebay. co. uk /NEW-650-w-SATA-PC-PSU-POWER-SUPPLY-SILENT-120mm-FAN_W0QQitemZ140332178693QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_PowerSupplies_EH?hash=item20ac731d05

I'm not sure does it fit for my new video card or not.

Experts please help me !!

A:Question: Which PSU to support GTX8800? PSU upgrading

You're better off getting a branded PSU from Corsair, OCZ, etc. I doubt that one from eBay will actually output 650W...
Also is the 8800 GTX even in production any more? Even if it is you're better off spending your money on a Radeon 5750 or something, which would probably cost about the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-which-psu-to-support-gtx8800-psu-upgrading.142425/
Relevancy 26.23%

I ran the windows 7 upgrade advisor on my computer and it indicated that my current graphics adapter won't support the windows aero.is there an upgrade for this I have a geforce 8500gt 512mb card with v.191.07 drivers installed?who do I get the updates from nvidia or microsoft?

A:Windows are support?

If you are running a Windows XP 64 bit, you must get Windows 7 64 bit. 32 bit Windows XP needs 32 bit Windows 7. Don't worry about the geforce 8500gt now. Install Windows 7 and the required video driver updates will take care of the issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-are-support.137892/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an older xp computer that hasn't given me a lot of problems until recently. It appears that the "5" key is stuck. Any where I click is immediately filled with number 5's. I have connected two other keyboards and it still happens. I can't even log-in because the password box is filled up with "5"s. Is something else fried?

Thanks
D

A:Stuck key?

What kind of keyboard, PS2 or USB?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-key.142023/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all, I am running Windows 7 and I.E. 8 and Chrome and have tried Firefox too and have the same problem.

Everytime I type, click a link, navigate to a new webpage etc I get the error 404 message. The irony of this is that a simple refresh on the page once the error 404 message has appeared then lets the page load as normal.

I cannot for the life of me think what is causing this, our network runs through a router with my PC and my sisters wireless laptop the only two connected devices.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated, this is happening in all 3 browsers mentioned above.

Many Thanks

A:Error 404 messages

You might benefit from doing a search of TechSpot for the 404 error responses of the past.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-404-messages.141844/
Relevancy 24.51%

My 5 year old is rather the pc wiz and he has his own computer that has games and such on it for him. What I need help with is his cursor will only move up and down in the middle of his screen and I don't know how he did that and what to do to fix it. This is the 2nd pc that he has done this to, is it a setting that he played with that he shouldn't have. Can someone please help me fix it for him.

A:My cursor is stuck

What does he use to control the cursor, a standard or wireless mouse or a trackball?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cursor-is-stuck.140943/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a small 750VA UPS which i use to safely shut down computer.The backup is about 5-8 minutes.We are having power shortage and thinking of battery backup but not much cash for inverters.My question is that do my UPS support those large battery(cars and bigger one like 120amp etc,don't have knowledge sorry).How much amp of battery do my UPS support?I calculated my computers' power consumption and it's around 230watt(with 9800GT,not sure)+36Watt monitor.So can i only get battery or my UPS too weak and need inverter?

A:Battery support for 750VA UPS

As long as it is 12V DC you can use any battery you want. There are a few things online about using a car battery for the battery backup. You may want to use a 'deep cycle' marine battery (although I don't know the availability of marine batteries in Nepal). There are probably other 'deep cycle' batteries other than marine.. Anyway, unless it is in a pretty well ventilated place you'll want to avoid unsealed batteries, which include most car batteries, because of hydrogen gas buildup (and perhaps H2S).

Depending on the battery you may (probably will) lose the ability to correctly monitor how much life you have left in the battery when running the electronics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-support-for-750va-ups.140757/
Relevancy 23.65%

I've read somewhere that the problem could be the synaptics (?) drivers, but how can I do anything about them when I cannot move the mouse?

I tried a separate mouse in the USB key, but that didn't even appear to register.

Help?!? I'm a computer user of limited ability, and thoroughly frustrated!

Thanks

A:My mouse freezes after login (Asus x61s) and then I'm stuck

Ok, what seems to me to be the problem is the system is having an issue with recognizing USB devices. This might be a problem either with your physical USB ports, or with Windows. Your USB ports might have been damaged, or Windows is having an issue recognizing USB devices once it loads up. Windows is weird in that it loads up all the device drivers and recognizes USB stuff as it starts up and sometimes a USB device that's plugged in before it books will make it go screwy. I've had a similar issue once before.

First of all, what I'd like you to do is unplug the mouse and any other unimportant USB device you have. USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB flash drive, USB external drive....whatever. If it doesn't need to be on there, take it out.

Start up the computer. Once it loads up Windows, try plugging the keyboard and mouse back in. What should happen is Windows, having already loaded the USB drivers and such, will see you plugging in the USB devices again and it will try to detect what they are and get the necessary drivers to make them work.

After you've tried this, let me know what's happening. If it isn't fixed, then there's something even worse that's wrong with Windows or your USB ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mouse-freezes-after-login-asus-x61s-and-then-im-stuck.139281/