Windows Support Forum

XPS 8900 Flashing Power Light

Q: XPS 8900 Flashing Power Light

I bought my XPS a couple weeks ago and immediately upgraded the memory to GB Everything worked fine but I then decided to upgrade the video card to an EVGA GeForce GTX SSC This card requires both a and an pin power connector which the stock Dell PSU doesn t provide So rather than return the video card I upgraded the PSU to a Corsair CX M which I ve read other XPS users have had success with in this machine As others have reported this PSU is a tight fit but I was able to get it installed As soon as I powered it on my problems began The case and CPU fans spin I can hear the HDD spinning up and I can open and close the dvd tray So I know the PSU is at least providing some power But I get no video and the power indicator on the top of the case flashes an amber pattern I ve tried reverting back to the stock dell PSU and video card but still have the exact same issue nbsp I ve 8900 Light Flashing XPS Power also tried unplugging the power cable and holding the power button for sec But still the power light flashes the amber pattern I know there are no beep codes for the XPS and that the power light s amber flash pattern is used instead to diagnose the issue but I haven t been able to locate any reference to what the patterns indicate The power indicator flashes a - pattern and repeats Does anyone know what this means

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: XPS 8900 Flashing Power Light

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: XPS 8900 Flashing Power Light

Followup:
I had ripped everything out with no luck. Well, everything except the upgraded memory. It had been working, so I didn't think it would be necessary to remove it. But I was wrong.
I reverted back to the stock memory and the blinking amber light problem went away!
Then I re-installed the new memory, and it also worked!
So I guess it was just that the memory needed to be re-seated.
Not sure if the 2 - 7 pattern means "Memory issue", but that would be my guess.
Since the XPS 8900 doesn't support beep codes, I hope Dell will eventually publish what the flashing light patterns mean.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19680686
Relevancy 79.12%

Can anyone tell me what's going on with my monitor?
I have an HP Pavilion M70 monitor.
My power light keeps flashing and there's a clicking
sound (sounds like a relay clicking). Pressing the power
button or any other button does nothing.
HELP!!!

A:Power light on HP Pavilion M70 keeps flashing

Sounds like a power supply shutdown. It happens when there is a major component failure which causes the power supply to keep resetting and trying again (the "clicking" you hear)

Needs servicing or scrapping.
Monitors are usually not often worth fixing these days, unless it is very minor (and that does not sound minor)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-light-on-hp-pavilion-m70-keeps-flashing.321375/
Relevancy 79.12%

i have dell demension 3000. i have tried the dell forums and they move so slow.
i jsut bought a ati x1550 pci video card and a 450 watt rosewell power supply. and when i try and turn the computer on in place of the power light there is a orange flashing light and the forums guy say it is a power supply faliure how could it be jsut got it. the motherbaord has the green light lit up so its fine idk wut is wrong though so werid any other suggestions

A:Orange flashing power light

Have you the option of re-installing the original powersupply to test (if still working)
Also confirm all powersupply and m/b connectors are securely plugged in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/orange-flashing-power-light.95848/
Relevancy 79.12%

Bought this laptop with no power supply, I ordered one now when plugged in I get flashing blue light around the power supply but will not power up 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Flashing-blue-light-will-not-power-up/td-p/5634212
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi
My PC wouldn't turn on on Monday night - just a green flashing light on the front. After a bid of fiddling with the kettle lead etc and moving the pc, it worked. After switching off as usual the same thing happened the next night. I replaced the kettle lead but now it just sits with the green light flashing. I've checked the forums but can't find someone with the same problem in that the pc DOES work every now and again. PC about 15 months old. Has anyone any suggestions (hoping its not the hard drive).

A:Solved: Green Flashing Light no Power!

Solved - had a chappie at work have a look and the fan doesn't move. By the way the green light now doesn't come on at all. It's the psu and it's being fixed later. Thanks for looking and hopefully this may help someone else!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-green-flashing-light-no-power.551865/
Relevancy 78.26%

Have a Flex 2-15 running Windows 10.  Just picked it up and the power light was flashing orange and would not power on. It was plugged int the charger. With charger unplugged it still flashed and refused to power on.I had to disassemble the laptop and unplug the battery to stop it.  Plugged the battery back in and it powered up as normal. I can find on help on the Lenovo site any body got any ideas 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Power-light-flashing-orange-Flex-2-15-will-not-power-on/td-p/3367776
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I have just been handed a computer from my next door neighbour it seems to be a home build or a computer shop build so im unsure of the exact specs as it is not booting they are telling me that until yesterday it was working fine but now it will not start All I PC not light flashing Solved: booting and Power can tell from opening it up is that it is XP Solved: Power light flashing and PC not booting has an Eagle power supply a winfast motherboard and mb of Dan electric Ram when you switch the system on all the fans start and the hard drive spins up but then there is one Solved: Power light flashing and PC not booting beep and the green power led on the front of the case goes from constant green to flashing green and nothing else happens I have removed and checked the HD wich is fine I have reseated the RAM and even changed it from DIMM to DIMM but none of this makes any difference Could it be a power supply fault or a Motherboard fault or even a graphics card fault how can I find out which it is I have asked my neighbours if they still have the user manuals but they claim they threw them out when they moved in about years ago Can anyone help Many Thanks Geoff nbsp

A:Solved: Power light flashing and PC not booting

Fixed, removed the PCI graphics card, and went back to the onboard graphics.. started and ran straight away...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-power-light-flashing-and-pc-not-booting.945067/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello nbsp I'm trying to figure out if the power supply on my hp is bad or not The green light on back of the tower is flashing and the computer won't turn on I've tried all of the preliminary no my flashing power light pavilion hp on is and green things and nothing works -- the green light keeps blinking until I disconnect the large plug to the motherboard then the light stays on and doesn't blink Once I have the power cord disconnected and the main plug to the motherboard disconnected as well I then have tried replugging the power cord and then replugging nbsp the main plug to the motherboard kind of trying to jump start it the fan tries to come one but only for a second no power and green light on my hp pavilion is flashing then goes back off so it won't boot Does anyone know if this means that the power supply is bad or if something else might be wrong I'm wondering if the power supply would be bad when the computer is clearly trying to start but not quite making it Solved View Solution

A:no power and green light on my hp pavilion is flashing

If the PSU blinks it needs to be reset.unplug the electrical cable from the wall and the PSU.move the red voltage selector to the opposite position it is in and then slide it back. If you live in the USA 120Vac-->220Vac-->120Vac see the image below.  After you have done this you can plug the power cable back into the PSU.  Connect the power cable to the wall power. If the PSU is still serviceable it will no longer be blinking. Best regards,erico Edited to fix the broken image link.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/no-power-and-green-light-on-my-hp-pavilion-is-flashing/td-p/693875
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a lenovo twist running windows 8.1. This computer will be running run fine but will freeze then come right back. It also will not wake up from a sleep at times and the only way to get it back on is to cut all power or hold down the power button until it shuts off. It just started not being able to do some of the windows updates.

A:Will not wake from a sleep power light just keeps flashing

When did you install 8.1? The reports show that your OS was installed a month before it was released.

No further info in the reports, and the last BSOD was from Nov 2013.
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44107-will-not-wake-sleep-power-light-just-keeps-flashing.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Help! After sucessfully using my A920 Dell All-in-One printer for two years with Dimension 4600 XP, I am now receiving the "printer cannot communicate with computer" message. This change occurred in the midst of a printing project. The power light continually flashes (this is not a jammed, out-of-paper, etc. warning). The driver has been uninstalled & then reinstalled several times, cable & power cords have been checked, unplugged & replugged multiple times. Could this indicate that the printer is just worn out? Thanks for any ideas.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a TV/Monitor ( magnavox ) . It doesnt power on. The power light just flashes greenish-orange. Does this mean I need a new power supply?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-monitor-power-light-flashing-orange.682471/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

I bought a computer from quantex, the company that went out of business, and after disconnecting my computer and moving to a new apartment - I found that when I reconnected my computer - my computer didn't work.

The monitor acted as if it wasn't attached to the computer, and the computer didn't "tick" like it usually does when loading windows. The only thing I got was a flashing "power light". The "database write" light was also on, but it was constant"

I think its a loose connection inside the tower.

How is the best way to fix it.

Thanks

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

I am dazed with this problem. Trying to find the solution on all the forums.

My brother owns a Dell Desktop computer and suddenly it stopped working.

- The Power button light is flashing continuously.
- The green light on the motherboard is perfectly on.
- The port light where the telephone wire goes and the usb port next to it on the motherboard is blinking continuously.
- The processor is not starting.
- If I remove the power cord, the lights mentioned above and same for 15 seconds.

What must be the possible problem.

MAny Thanks in advance

Karthik

A:Dell PC not starting: amber flashing power light

You would be dazed again, because this is probably caused by a failing power supply. The blinking power button is a good clue. The green LED on the motherboard simply means that you have a power cord plugged in... It could be a bad motherboard too, but power supplies are easier to replace and cheaper to start with

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-pc-not-starting-amber-flashing-power-light.174875/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi My F1904 monitor seems to have a fault. When I power it on the power switch flashes amber and I get no display. Any suggestions? There does not seem to be any mention of this in the documentation. Many Thanks 

A:F1904 Monitor flashing amber power light

amber usually means sleep mode. flashing can mean different things. Disconnect the video cable, turn it off, pull the power plug, wait 10 seconds, plug it in and turn it on. Press the OSD buttons to see if you can bring up the on screen display. If that comes, up try connecting it again. Hopefully the PC is not sending out a bad video signal. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/F1904-Monitor-flashing-amber-power-light/td-p/10622
Relevancy 77.4%

I can t get my computer to boot at all not into CMOS not anything It doesn t power up And the green LED light that comes with the power supply is constantly flashing This has happened before normally when I wait a while before trying to boot I can get the fan inside the power supply to spin just a little bit The last time it happened I fixed it by taking out one of the memory sticks I have no other power supply to test so I don t know whether it s a problem supply won't Computer start, light power flashing. with the motherboard or the power supply However I notice that when the -count connector pin isn t connected to the motherboard the light doesn t flash it just stays lit green When I plug it in it starts flashing again Maybe it s the motherboard maybe the pins are bad I m not sure what that suggests Is there anything I Computer won't start, power supply light flashing. can do to diagnose this clearer nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I got an error when I booted my computer last time that said "flash update failed. press f4 to resume." Everything still works but after I got that error, my computer has started to behave a little diferently and the power light flashed constantly now.

Does anyone know what could be the matter and how I can fix it? I havent updated my bios, ever.

A:Flash Update Failed & power light flashing

Whoops, posted this on the wrong forum. Sorry about that. I had multi-windows opened at once.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-update-failed-power-light-flashing.335084/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I got an error when I booted my computer last time that said "flash update failed. press f4 to resume." Everything still works but after I got that error, my computer has started to behave a little diferently and the power light flashed constantly now.

Does anyone know what could be the matter and how I can fix it? I havent updated my bios, ever.

A:Flash Update Failed & power light flashing

Did you attempt to Flash the BIOS prior to this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-update-failed-power-light-flashing.335087/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am currently having a problem when I hit the power button on my computer. The power light flashes amber for 5 to 10 minutes before the computer actually starts up. It then goes green and starts to boot. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem>

Thanks

A:Problem with Dell XPS 400 amber flashing power light

This occurs when there is a hardware issue. If you change anything then goback and check to see if it was correctly installed. (Reseat memory for example)Could be any hardware including the power supply, loose cables, video card ect..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517534/problem-with-dell-xps-400-amber-flashing-power-light/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi & Thanks for reading my question,

I have a Dell e510 I am trying to fix for a friend. When power is turned on, the power light flashes green for an instant, then continues to flash amber. Nothing at all appears on the monitor. It goes to flashing amber in a sec or 2.

I have unplugged all the components and removed the memory so that I have just the motherboard and video card. I have replaced the Power supply. I have remocved the CMOS battery. Still having the problem. Is it possible that a bad or no hard drive (I have the power unplugged to the hard drive at this point). Would cause a Dell E510 not to POST.

Thanks!

Relevancy 77.4%

A friend says this SYS Technology, Inc. monitor was working last time he used it, gave it to me. Does not have DVI, just VGA cable. Model SYS-15L-C-JT, label says it was made April 2002. I cannot find any SYS tech support. I'm looking to see if this thing is dead or if what's wrong is something simple or what. Is there a diagnostic program I can download?

I have tried a few things, like changing the sequence of connections, but it seems not to respond to power button or other controls on front. Each time I plug it in to power source (whether or not it's connected to PC) power light flashes green and it clicks every second or so. There is no picture nor status message onscreen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sys-technology-inc-lcd-monitor-no-pic-clicking-w-flashing-power-light.949984/
Relevancy 76.54%

The battery can be fully charged and the power cable can be in but no matter what the light is flashing 4 times red then 1 white continuously. 
Any way to stop it?

A:Inspiron 1545 Power Light Constantly Flashing 4 Red then White

Hi
Are you able to turn on the system ?
I believe by power light you meant the battery charging indicator.
If you are able to load into OS, Update your BIOS.
Here is the link to BIOS for your system.
Dell Inspiron 1545 Intel BIOS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19365654
Relevancy 76.54%

Ever since the update I can no longer use my computer without the cord plugged in.  the battery is internal so it cannot be removed.  i had a new battery professionally installend but no change.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/no-battery-detected-and-power-light-flashing-after-bios/td-p/5759360
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,
i am using dell optiplex 780-Mini Tower. last week my pc didn't startup windows and stuck load on dell logo screen with flash light showing 1 - 4 and off LED light. also  didn't access/load boot menu, bios. i tried power on with all external devise unplugged but show same problem.
can you pls help me out. thanks in advance. 

A:dell optiplex 780-Mini Tower. flashing 1 and 4 with off power light

You ram is bad.  F2 Bios setup requires working ram.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992986
Relevancy 76.54%

My sister-in-law has an eMachine that she turned off and unplugged before leaving for vacation A week later she returned and plugged it back in only to find it won t turn on I don t know much about this pc other than it s a tower and about or so years old I figured it was probably the PSU power supply but wanted to verify as many things as possible Basically there is a green light on the back of the pc on the PSU that will flashes on and off when you try to turn on the computer The PSU fan doesn t spin and nothing else makes any turn eMachine won't flashing, green power on light (PSU) supply attempt to turn just dead I pulled all the power connectors and jumpered the power switch pins - this gave me a eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on solid green light on the PSU and the fan spun normally I tested with a voltmeter and got the proper voltage on all the pins I am thinking that this probably rules out the PSU but not as something could be pulling it eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on down Any ideas on what else to look at I hate to eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on buy a PSU when it appears this one is ok That pretty much leaves the MoBo and or CPU I ve pulled all the cards and memory trying to get it to do anything and nothing affects it I suspect there is something wrong with the MoBo but don t know how to verify that Any help or advice is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:eMachine power supply (PSU) green light flashing, won't turn on

What you need is a PSU Tester which you can get on eBay that will tell you if the power supply is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-power-supply-psu-green-light-flashing-wont-turn-on.157398/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi folks,

I write here because I've a problem...
My Satellite PRO 4600 of 2002 doesn't turn on anymore.
It shows a flashing amber light when I press the Pwr On switch...
I'm an electrotecnic, so you can explain me the problem.... thanks :)

Davide

A:Satellite Pro 4600 amber light flashing if I press the power switch

It sounds like a mainboard problem?

Try to remove the AC/DC adaptor and battery and then wait one hour. Connect the AC/DC adaptor and the battery. Now try it again.

Does this happen if with battery and/or AC adaptor?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?42477-Satellite-Pro-4600-amber-light-flashing-if-I-press-the-power-switch
Relevancy 75.25%

I just received my replacment AC adaptor. I put my battery back in and plugged the laptop in, but when i push the power button the battery indicator light flashes red four times. There are no lights on. Does this mean my battery is fried. Originally i thought the jack needed replaced, but the guy told me it was just my cord which Best Buy confirmed. So after getting the new cord i have this new problem. Usally there is a battery indicator light on when the battery is in and it is plugged in. I tryed taking out the battery, unplugging it and holding the power button down, but that didnt work. I also tryed it without the battery in. Is my battery just bad? Thanks for any help.

Thank you,
Dan

A:Solved: battery indicator light flashing red when power button on my laptop is pushed

Try plugging the laptop in and then push the power button. I have had the same thing happen to me when the laptop would only work when I had it plugged in. I had to replace the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-battery-indicator-light-flashing-red-when-power-button-on-my-laptop-is-pushed.983626/
Relevancy 72.67%
Relevancy 67.51%

hi guys as per one of my friend I could replace my memory RAM up to GB so I ve ordered Power Light Motherboard/Power 8300 AMBER Green XPS - Supply - Light a couple sticks of Kingston HyperX nbsp so I ve took slot and replaced GB Hynix RAM by GB HyperX Now I have a good old CPU that doesnt work plus it smell like burnt plastic with no apparent damage to XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light the board or RAM nbsp Startup x BEEP No BIOS Motherboard Light Solid AmberBootup Light Flashing AmberPower Supply Light Solid Green I ve tried booting from nbsp a single RAM unit on slot one then slot two and nothing has changed anyone can help Motherboard Y MRGhttp www findlaptopdriver XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light com specs- y mrg-dell Processor i Primary SSD Kingston HyperX Savage added Secondary Seagate TB TB added Barracuda New RAM nbsp ts HX C FK http www kingston com dataSheets HX C FK pdfOld RAM nbsp HMT U CFR C-H https www amazon com PC - - MHz-Hynix-HMT U CFR C-H -Unbuffered dp B BTRAS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987583
Relevancy 61.49%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 61.06%

I will Light stay light HardDisk in shuts own(Power on/Fine down administrator on PC and turn it on and after a minute or two the monitor goes to power save mode and the hard disk light goes from off blinking to solid on and the power light stays on I have reinstalled the operating system and i thought that fixed it I had SP i installed all of my updates and SP and it starting to do it again it will do it in SP but not nearly as often or when i run a flash heavy program PSP Video or PC shuts down on own(Power light and HardDisk Light stay on/Fine in administrator even the Scion website It will not do it at all in BIOS as i did every test on the diagnostics page for my hard drive all pass though if it turns off it usually turns on and runs dskchk and it wont stay on for that In safe mode it is also fine it will not turn off once I dont know what i did last as it was fine then i was gone for a month and I had it unplugged etc came back hooked it up and it started doing it after a little while I have taken a can of air to every inch switched the Flat cord going to the HDD from the Motherboard All fans run fine Thats all i can think of right now ask me anything else you need to know I ll give this forum a couple of days a week maybe then i ll take it to a local shop to diagnose it Much thanks to anyone who has any idea s nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shuts-down-on-own-power-light-and-harddisk-light-stay-on-fine-in-administrator.683890/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Tonight I had a problem with my laptop It was in sleeping mode and when I open the lid there were no mouse function and no touch screen function So the only thing I could do was to press the power button for seconds to turn it off but it didn't completely because light drive blinking, laptop light button hard and power doe... the screen turn off but the power button light is blinking just like when it is on sleep mode and I'm not sure if the hard drive light was on off or blinking before this hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... but hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... now is blinking I press the power button and nothing happen I press it for seconds and nothing happen I even did the HDMI connection to another monitor but both monitors don't show hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... anything not even recognize that something is connected to the HDMI port in the new monitor There is no sound nothing just the blinking lights What should I do Thanks nbsp PS I'm not sure if it's Windows -bit or -bit It was upgraded from Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-light-and-power-button-light-blinking-laptop/td-p/5593178
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a HP Envy m6-k022dx - p/n E0L06UA#ABA s/n [Personal Information Removed] When I charge it up and press the power button:The power light comes on, the wifi light is orangeAnd Nothing else works - No Fan - NO HD spin - blank screen.Num Lock and Caps do not light up. I took the back off and did not see any loose connectors, I disconnected the Battery, removed RAM and even the wifi card.Put the battery connector back on and same thing. (FWIIW: This is a Laptop with an internal battery)  Would a bad fan cause this? (If not, my swag is -the motherboard is toast )

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6-k022dx Power Light and wifi light come on NOTHING...

Hello @W8WCA?, Thank you for the quick reply! You may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html I hope this helps. Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-m6-k022dx-Power-Light-and-wifi-light-come-on-NOTHING/td-p/5345254
Relevancy 60.63%

alright I just got this inspiron from my sister that didnt work she said nothing would black power Windows light, for 1 hdd screen light XP, sec, happen at all well it turned out the power light Windows XP, power light, hdd light for 1 sec, black screen would go on caps lock light blink for a few seconds and it would turn off somehow the memory wasnt in the slot very well bam got it working dumped all her pics and crap to a external hdd and wanted to wipe it all out and start over she is sending me a xp disc but for now I just figured Id go back to k cuz I have that disc and when I get the disc go back to xp anyways I couldnt figure out how to format the drive because obviously xp was running off of it anyways I kept trying all the del - f - f - f to get a dos prompt before windos would load but I couldnt so I figured Id just put the k disc in because I thought I remember that it formats it right before it installs but it asked me where to install and the disk was partitioned and I wanted one drive letter so I cancelled the install before it was actually installing though said f to quit and I hit f now when I try to power it up the power light comes on the hdd light comes on for maybe - seconds max then the cd drive light comes on and it spins up then stops and the screen just stays black never did anything either just black the whole time I cant use a floppy to try anything because no floppy drive I tried starting up with the win k disc in but doesnt work I searched on my desktop running win k and it showed a tutorial for making a usb flashdrive recovery tool wanted me to copy boot ini ntldr and ntdetect com I found the last w and found somethign boot but didnt have ini behind it plus I was supposed to remove the read-only tag and edit it in the notebook but when I opened it all it said was C gt MS-DOS dont remember exact signs inbetween exactly but C MS DOS was all since there was no s to change to s I just tried it leaving it as is but the laptop wont boot from that I know when I was in the bios there was an option of what to boot from and usb was one of em but I honestly cant tell you what it was set at got the ultimatebootcd off the web burnt the iso to a cd and even then it doesnt work but it doesnt do what it says it will do on my desktop either so maybe its the disc in that particular case Ive fotrmatted a lot of drives and installed and se on other computers k on mine every couple years for a fresh start never messed with xp though so my few s are if the laptop was set not to boot from the cd drive at all would the drive still spin up when I get the xp disc will it load right up from that and let me reinstall the OS is there any button to press RIGHT as it is loading that will just take it straight to a dos prompt or is anyone here cool enough to email me a file I can throw on my usb stick drop it in the laptop and see what happens thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP, power light, hdd light for 1 sec, black screen

oh, also, i did try and search and most I found were a black screen after the self test or the windows logo, not right away.

also, dont think it matters, but when the lights go out, it is at the point where hitting the power button again, the computer instantly turns off.

also, just checked, and its nothing to do with the lcd. I just hooked up my monitor, and my monitor tells me when there is no signal, and it just stayed black, then when it was unplugged from the laptop that is when it said no signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-power-light-hdd-light-for-1-sec-black-screen.108502/
Relevancy 60.2%

I own a G500S Touch and have for the last two and a half years. It's been going fine, until a few hours ago. The computer has ran out of battery due to a broken down charged that only works at the most precise of angles. Usually when it is dead, the two lights at the front of the computer are off, and if I press the power button, the light on the right flashes red for a second and goes off. But for whatever reason, it keeps doing that over and over to absolutely nothing. It has been one second red, one second nothing, and repeating for several hours. Issue with the computer? Issue with the button? What?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Flashing-Red-Light/td-p/3383742
Relevancy 60.2%

i have had this laptop sense2011  i went to use it and saw my battery was plugged in and was not charging and a flashing red light down below the key bored  my model is a inspiron n503
Inspiron 15 N503

A:flashing red light

Time to replace the battery.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993941
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all I am new here I will try to make this clear I have a computer with ME edition I need to replace my mother board since it will not recognize my sound card I have not had a chance to get this done since light flashing my husband does the technical aspect of the computer although he would die before using it He has been very sick and I am in the midst of going for my specialist degree and am afraid to lose any important data As of late I am constantly getting disconnected from the internet and the lights on the computer monitor flash like a bad fluorescent bulb It flashes so quickly that I cannot click on the X Control Alt Delete does not work either I end up turning the computer off and starting again Is this all because I should get the mother board in ASAP Excuse my ignorance By the way did I mention that my specialist degree is in Educational Technology lol If you all don t mind I need a fairly concise statement on what flashing light to do if your computer freezes or if you go to a conference to present and the computer there will not run your program but there is internet email service available I assume that I would email a friend that could change my form of the program and send it back This is part of a final so if you do not wish to respond please don t I figure that as long as you learn that is what is flashing light important Thanks flashing light Nancy nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Packard Bell Istart. red light keeps flashing as if pc is doing something. Even when idle. Pc is working okay.

A:Light keeps flashing

Could be either defragmenting in the background if you've set up a third-party defragmenter to do that, or it will be indexing files for faster search performance (indexing of files is turned on by default).

You can disable file indexing by right-clicking the appropriate drive icon & selecting 'Properties'. Untick the box which says "Allow indexing of files" then click OK.

If you rarely use the file search tool, indexing is a waste of resources anyway so you're better off disabling it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/light-keeps-flashing-560058.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hay guys i wonder if you can help me? I have a small office with 2 pc'c connected to a wireless NETGEAR WTG624 v2 router. Untill today both pcs have been running fine via wired cables, but all of a sudden, 1 pc that is connected to port 2 on router is unable to get onto the network anymore. It says a network cable is unplugged. But i have tried diffrent cables, checked the settings, tried updating the driver, done a system restore etc. But still the light on the router is flashing. The weird thing also is that when the pc is powered off the light still flashes. I've tried multiple ports but the same thing is happening. The other pc is working fine also without a glitch.

Do you think the onboard LAN has broken down??

Any suggestions will be well appreciated.

A:Flashing Lan Light

Try a different port on the router, since you've already tried a new cable. Check in Device Manager and see if there are any errors listed for the network controllers.

It could also be that the NIC has died...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-lan-light.510627/
Relevancy 60.2%

I installed a Samsung 840 Pro ssd to my Acer laptop a couple of days ago.I noticed that the led light for the hard drive flashes continuously.Does this do any harm to the ssd or is this normal with a ssd.I know that by disabling the DVD drive,this stops the flashing but am more concerned if this is harming the ssd.Could anyone help me out?

A:ssd light flashing

When HDD led flashing meaning that there's some activity is going on that access your SSD, whether it is running some background processes or maybe your Norton Internet security is monitoring your files on the SSD that requires a READ operation. It should not hurt your SSD. HDD led has nothing to do with your DVD and your DVD drive also has an LED which will flash when you insert a CD/DVD into your DVD.

EDIT: For testing purpose, disable Norton to see if it stops.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/24361-ssd-light-flashing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My PC wont turn on...there is a red flashing light where it should be green...anyone knwo what this means...ive tried a different outlet and everything...and no luck....maybe the power supply?

A:Red Flashing Light?

Without knowing anything about the make and model of PC, and where the light is located, a meaningful answer is unlikely?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/red-flashing-light.349789/
Relevancy 59.77%

This has been an issue since I got this machine last December nbsp After trying to solve it when I first started using the desktop I ve been ignoring it since nbsp I suspect that all the on off on activity just costed me an external hard drive so it s time up power XPS not 8900 does fully to try and solve this again before more damage is done About rds of the time when I hit the power button to start up the system nothing much happens nbsp There is some power to the CPU but not so much that the operating system begins to activate nbsp My monitor stays asleep and I don t see the DELL emblem What I ve been doing is quickly hitting the power button again which turns everything off pronto then hitting the power button a XPS 8900 does not fully power up third time nbsp At this point everything always powers up properly Windows lauches etc and I am quot back in business quot Nothing setting-wise in power options nor unplugging peripherals seems to affect this issue nbsp I recall a few quick-fix options e g holding down the power button after unplugging the machine that also don t solve this apparently-chronic issue I d love XPS 8900 does not fully power up to solve this nbsp Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987907
Relevancy 59.34%

The pc is an older HP desktop. It spent the weekend in a box while I tried out a Win 7 pc. When I turned the HP back on, instead of the green light, there was a flashing red light and a series of beeps. It stops then resumes the beeping.
There is nothing on the monitor. It was working OK Friday, and now just flashing and beeping. Might there be a reset button? If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

A:Flashing red light with beeping

sounds like a bios beep code. What is the series? should be x short, y long, and maybe a z short.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-red-light-with-beeping.1140213/
Relevancy 59.34%

I just wana know what this green light is that is flashing all the time when I look at the front of my computer. So what does it mean?

A:"green" light flashing

One of two things come to mind. Since I don't know exactly what light what you're referring to. It's either A: The read/write activity of your hard drive. Or B: to a lesser possibility the data transfer activity of your network card.I would say you have about a 75% chance it's your hard drive activity light.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491897/green-light-flashing/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently setup my Dell Dimension 8250 box from a 4 month storage and it worked fine. Then I shut down and the next day it would not boot up. Just a flashing amber ON button (should be solid green) and no fans running or boot. Could this mean the power supply is failing?

A:Flashing ON light but no BOOTUP

Hardware malfunction. Ensure all cards and cables are properly installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-on-light-but-no-bootup.1001379/
Relevancy 59.34%

For the past four days at around 3pm - 8pm (GMT) my internet has been disconnecting and the ready light on the modem keeps flashing.

I have tried all the usual tricks of unplugging the modem etc... but this is something that is happening regularly at the same times everyday.

This is becoming really annoying lately, I can't deal without having internet for 5 hours everyday lol.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

I recently reformatted and now the green light on my computer is flashing.
any one know what that means
i run xp pro on an amd t bird 1400 256 ddr ram radeaon 64mb ddr video and onboard sound(sis)
the green light has a picture of a lightbulb next to it.
Thanks in advance
Tony

A:flashing green light

what green light? where is it located?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-green-light.67609/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,My laptop shut down while I was using it and the caps lock and number lock key were flashing 2 times. After a while it stopped and my battery light started flashing constantly. My battery light is flashing when the adapter is plugged in or if the battery is in. The power key and the caps lock key is on but I have a black screen. I can't open the laptop and I can't do a hard reset. The laptop is getting hot when I plug in the adapter and there is no fan noise.My laptop is HP Probook 450 G2 and the OS is Windows 8.1. Any suggestion would be helpful.Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battery-light-flashing/td-p/5720083
Relevancy 59.34%

Okay, I'm building a few computers here for a client, and the first two built no problem, but the third there was a problem with it.

As soon as I plugged it in and turned on, it made a burning smell, I think I can still smell it from the power supply, so I unplugged and took it out.

The only light that was on the motherboard was the power light for it, only flashing rather then on solid. I'm not sure what this means as I've never seen it before.

Motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-X,
AMD Sempron 2500+ Socket A,
Antec 300W SmartPower power supply (true power)

does anyone have an idea of what it means, or what I should check?

A:Flashing Motherboard Light

Start with the power supply. Since you smelt smoke you burnt something out.

P.S. 300 Watt doesn't allow for much upgrading or head room.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-motherboard-light.365227/
Relevancy 59.34%

We are getting no display on the moniter of a 486 computer. The Cpu seems to be booting up but the moniter light is flashing. Would it be safe to hook up the old moniter to a newer system to check it? Thanks

A:Moniter light flashing....

Most likely what is happening is that the computer is trying to display a resolution or refresh rate that the monitor can not handle. What you need to do is boot up in safe mode to change the resolution.

------------------
Frenat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moniter-light-flashing.32395/
Relevancy 59.34%

my sister has a Compaq presairo
celeron d 330
80g hdd
512 ddr
-----------------------------------------
I've traded processors with my sisters old machine as she does not need it any more. on doing so I'm getting three green flashing lights on the keyboard and the system will not boot. I know this is a hardware problem but I don't understand since I have tried the old processor back in her machine. both processors still work fine in mine. If anyone knows of any other things that may cause this problem please let me know as stress levels are increasing even higher on top of the time of year also heh.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, guys!
I bought a new wireless optical mouse and everything went alright with the drivers and stuff. I worked a bit with it (about a hour) and then I felt really tired so I went to bed. While I was sleeping (about two hours) the mouse was ON and when I woke up I found out that it doesn't flash. The red lamp at the bottom was on but wasn't flashing as it should. Why it happened? I tried to change the batteries, but it's the same. I hope you understood what I said

Thanks in advance, guys!

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with a Xion 600W power supply to power my NVidea video card. Recently, my computer just shut off with out warning. When I tried to turn it back on, I noticed a blinking amber light on the power button.

I unplugged everything, reseated all components (except CPU), removed all ram, unplugged HDD+Cd/Dvd ROM's, no luck. Replaced the CMOS Battery, no luck. Checked all USB ports for broken/bent pins, none.

I reassembled everything the way it was, no luck. The "inbound current" light is green on my MOBO indicating incoming power. However, the PSU fan will not kick, nor will any of the other fans/components.

I am at my wits end here, as I need my PC. Any other ideas would be appreciated. I think I may just need a new PSU.

A:Flashing Amber Light... Ugh!

karmalize said:

I think I may just need a new PSU.Click to expand...

It sounds lkie a PSU issue to me.
Check the outputs if you can or just try a different one.
It's not too common for them to blow, but they do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-amber-light-ugh.141438/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all its my first time here After racking my brains over this probelm and after spending literally hours on the phone with belkin and my ISP I have not resolved my problem So I come flashing keeps on ADSL light the you the internet pros I have a very simple Belkin ADSL modem with wirless G-Router F D - The problem is that the ADSL light persists in flashing regardless of having a good line brand new micro filters and new cabling All brought and checked to rectify the ADSL light keeps on flashing problem There isn t a problem witht the line as I m currently using the ADSL modem provided by my ISP and the internet is working fine There isn t anything wrong with the router as I even went out purchaced a new router Belkin again and it had the same problem as my current router I went to the lengths of even reinstalling windows to see if that worked but no the problem persists As I have already mentioned I got new microfilters and new ethernet cables to see if they were a problem but they weren t I ve reseted configered bascially done everythign and now I m out of ideas I ve been using this router for a good year now and i ve had no complaints but this problem has come out of no where Can anyone help me It would be much appreciated Deep nbsp

A:ADSL light keeps on flashing

There isn't a problem witht the line as I'm currently using the ADSL modem provided by my ISP, and the internet is working fine.Click to expand...

so what's the point of your posting here? is there a problem to be solved or you
just don't like the flashing light?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-light-keeps-on-flashing.116554/
Relevancy 59.34%

i am building a dell precision t7400 had it all ready to fire up and powered it up and the power button flashed 5 times amber and just above it green light 1 & 3 showed up any help appreciated i am thinking psu or mo bo these two are the only two components i cant vouch for cpu's good , ram good ,

A:amber light flashing

diagnostic lights are here
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsT7400/en/UG/html/tools.htm

1 & 3 green = Memory modules are detected, but a memory configuration or compatibility error exists.

also manual here
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsT7400/multilang/QRG/A00/DAO_BCC/DAO_BCC.pdf

Ensure that no special requirements for memory module/connector placement exist (see "Memory" in your User’s Guide).
• Ensure that the memory you are using is supported by your computer (see "Memory" in your User’s Guide).
• If the problem persists, contact Dell (see "Contacting Dell" in your User’s Guide)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amber-light-flashing.1067050/
Relevancy 59.34%

I own a G500S Touch and have for the last two and a half years. It's been going fine, until a few hours ago. The computer has ran out of battery due to a broken down charged that only works at the most precise of angles. Usually when it is dead, the two lights at the front of the computer are off, and if I press the power button, the light on the right flashes red for a second and goes off. But for whatever reason, it keeps doing that over and over to absolutely nothing. It has been one second red, one second nothing, and repeating for several hours. Issue with the computer? Issue with the button? What?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:G500s - Flashing Red Light

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

According to page #13 of your model's User Guide, a fast blinking amber light means there is a problem with the battery or battery connection. Here is a link to that guide for your reference...

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g400sg405sg400stouchg500sg505sg500stouch_ug_...

From what you have described about "precise angles" it is not clear if you are having problem with the adapter / charger or the port in the laptop in which the adapter / charger plugs into.  Your problem maybe that the battery is totally drained as it is not being charged and the adapter can't power on the laptop due to a bad connection. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500s-Flashing-Red-Light/td-p/3383742
Relevancy 59.34%

had this problem a few years back but it seems to be back...the light flashes all the time and wont allow me to open the drawer...its a NEC ND-1100A its quite old and i have not been able to find a driver for it so if anyone has any ideas that would help that would be great
thx

A:flashing light on my dvd rewriter

Ok so here what i did, i went inside the tower and took out the ribbon cable from both my dvd rom & re-writer.

The dvd rom was above the faulty/flashing re-writer and the ribbon connection was labelled "Master" and the re-writer's connection was "slave"...I put the "master" connection from the dvd rom into the re-writer and left the "slave" connection unpluged and now the re-writer is working fine

Should i be thinking the "Slave" connection on this ribbon type cable is faulty and look to replace it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-light-on-my-dvd-rewriter.957197/
Relevancy 59.34%

When I turn my pc on the power light keeps flashing green, but the disc drive still opens and I can still hear the fan !Any ideas on what is wrong

A:Green flashing light

Hi Chelseastu and welcome to TSG.

What make and model computer is it ? Laptop or Desktop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-flashing-light.1114763/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

I have a Compaq Deskpro EN P866 with a flashing red light. Iv established that it is power crowbar supply error (1 red blink every 4 seconds) but am completely clueless once the casing is off the computer. PLEASE HELP!!!

Ciao

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-red-flashing-light-341988.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey all, hopefully this is the right forum. I have a Compaq Presario desktop that I use to store pictures, music, etc. We had a big thunder storm here tonight, and when I looked at it the light by the power up button is flashing quickly and it will not start up or turn off unless I unplug it. I've tried different outlets, holding down the button, etc. Same thing. There is also a green light near the power supply plug on the back of the machine flashing (not the ethernet light). Nothing seems to be working, any ideas? I would really like to have this computer working so I can get my stuff out of it, it has been in perfect working condition before tonight. Thanks!

Relevancy 59.34%

Every now and then my webcam light comes on and shuts off a split second later. I'm afraid I'm being hacked. Though I also have Skype and FastAccess installed. Could these programs be causing it?

A:Webcam Light Flashing?

It likely is not anything to worry about, but let's do some scans:After performing these scans, enter the results in your next post and also update me on the status of the PC.Note: You may have to perform some or all of the following in Safe Mode With Networking, depending on if you have internet access while in the normal Windows environment.================================================================================Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.================================================================================Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer Guide.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all other options as they are set):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the Control Center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Select Scan Type" check the box for Complete Scan.If your computer is badly infected, be sure to check the box next to Enable Rescue Scan (Highly Infected Systems ONLY).Click the Scan your computer... button.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the scan log after reboot, launch SUPERAntiSpyware again.Click the View Scan Logs button at the bottom. This will open the Scanner Logs Window.Click on the log to highlight it and then click on View Selected Log to open it.Copy and paste the scan log results in your next reply.-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program. ================================================================================Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446047/webcam-light-flashing/
Relevancy 59.34%

Looking inside my XPS 8900 Desktop I find that I have 2 black 6 pin female molex type connectors on the end of cables coming from the Power Supply.  Anybody know what these are for please ??
Thanks

A:XPS 8900 internal power connectors

Some video cards require 6-pin connectors - they're there for supporting such cards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990816
Relevancy 58.91%

I have put a SSD as my main drive. Running Win7 64-bit. I am now concerned that Win7 will wear this drive out as the drive light flashes constantly about 1-2 times per second. What could it possibly be doing sitting idle.

A:Concerned about SSD and Drive light keep flashing

The OS is always doing something. It's nothing to be concerned about at all. It won't hurt your SSD

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200249-concerned-about-ssd-drive-light-keep-flashing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello.

The caps lock light on my HP Pavilion G6-2356sa is flashing. The button still puts the letters in capitals, so it still works, just continually flashing. It's just stopped flashing actually.

Anyway, I've had a Google and all the results I've found say it has a black screen at the same time. Mine doesn't have a black screen, though it did a few months ago, made a thread here.

I'm not sure this is a good sign.

Thanks in advance for help.

A:Caps lock light flashing

Usually a bad sign depending on the number of flashes you receive:

Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series | HP? Support

The principle would be the same

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47019-caps-lock-light-flashing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I've got a Dell XPS M1530 laptop, and I just noticed today that the battery indicator light on the front of my laptop is blue for a few seconds, then flashes red, then back to blue, etc. I checked my battery's health and it says that it's able to charge normally, but my long-term battery life is decreasing. Also, it does not shut off right away with I unplug it; I left it out for a few minutes and it was still at 100%.

Should I just take this as a general warning to maybe order a battery sometime in the near future? Or is it blinking red for some other reason?

Thanks.

A:Battery indicator light flashing red...

Yes red lights on the battery indicator is a bad thing. If the laptop is under 1 year old and you have the warranty on the machine you can get it replaced under warranty if not you have to buy a replacement.

I am assuming you have unseated and reseated the battery with it keeping the same error lights? You may want to try that first since I have had times in the past this would clear errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-indicator-light-flashing-red.813896/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello experts, I have an IX2-NG which is not booting. It shows a static white led (no flashing). I could connect to my IX2 by RS232 and I could see that the device is not booting. It stops at "Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0" (I've attached the screenshot).I've cleaned the disks with diskpart procedure and with dd command I wrote zImage and Initrd, but that was useless.Do you know what is happening? (ironic on)Do I have to buy a new NAS? Regards.

Relevancy 58.91%

Today my neighbor asked me to go over to his house and fix his computer When i got there he told me it was the power cable that was the problem since he doesn t know Dreaded flashing Orange light The much about computers Well the problem with the computer is that all it does is flash an orange light consecutively were the power button green light should be He recently installed a new The Dreaded Orange flashing light CD DVD drive i so i thought hey that might be the problem but it wasn t I unplugged the drive and the orange light continue flicker I then tried to hold the button for a long period of time But it would not shut off I then decided to unplug the computer directly from the power source in an attempt to stop the light and maybe have the computer boot but it didn t If i haven t elaborated enough yet i will tell you that the computer will not boot at all no fans are moving nothing You can see the motherboard have power cause i see the green light indicating the volts but that is it nothing runs but the green light on the motherboard and the DAMNED flickering orange light if anyone has any suggestions it would be a great help thank you for your time L g c nbsp

A:The Dreaded Orange flashing light

No one has any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dreaded-orange-flashing-light.799247/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,  My wireless keyboarrd, its the one in the link below that I am having an issue with. I'm trying to enable the light on top of the keyboard's numlock pad, but how? And also my num lock pad doesn't work as well. Basically, if I press one, it doesn't work. Please help! http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/12799083/T2ocm8XDhaXXXXXXXX-12799083.jpg

A:ACER keyboard light not flashing

Hello, With which computer do you use this keyboard?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/ACER-keyboard-light-not-flashing/td-p/350607/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.91%

I've been on chat support for... 50 minutes now without a response from "Suresh". So I came here. The manuals for the C710 don't say what a blinking battery light mean. The Chromebook won't keep a charge no matter how long it's on AC power. As soon as it's unplugged from the wall, it dies. I'm trying to figure out if this is a battery issue, in which I can replace the battery, or a charging circuit problem, in which I'll need to get a new device probably. Anyone know or have better documentation?

A:C710 flashing battery light

If you still need help, shut down and remove the power. Find the tiny hole in the bottom  and gently press a paper clip into the hole until you feel it click. Plug in the power , boot up and see if it is charging. If this didn't work, you probably need to replace the battery.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/C710-flashing-battery-light/td-p/335097/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone!

Today my old buddy e6520 started to flash battery light while charging (flashing once in a sec). Right after battery getting 100% - it stops and theres no light at all.
Usually battery light was just turned on while charging or cable was not unplugged even after 100% charge.
Maybe there was an update or something that i did not saw, but i never saw that light acting like this before.

Thank you in advance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989130
Relevancy 58.91%

My wireless router WAN Light won't stop blinking and didn't consistently blink before. It was after I set a password that is started to. Before, it only blinked when a device was using it like my DS. Now it blinks nonstop. Is there any way to reverse this. I'm uisng XP MCE and a D-Link DI-524 Rev C Router with Earthlink internet and an RCA DCM425 Modem and a linksys SPA-2100 phone adapter. Even though my internet works, I'd like to revert it oonly blinking when something uses it (for reasons not disclosed). I'm using firmware 3.23.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I am asking this question for a friend of mine. They came home from a vacation and inadvertanly left the computer on and it went into a reduced power mode. They tried unplugging to reset and possibly clear out static. None of these things have worked.They hit the power button on the computer and it immediately says"entering reduced power mode". What do they do to 'wake' it up? It is a Dell 5150 desktop computer. Thank you in advance!

A:Yellow flashing light on computer

Have you tried flicking the switch on the back of the power supply off for a minute and then back on againg? Just make sure the computer is unplugged when you do it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/yellow-flashing-light-on-computer-297151.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i have this problem it just start like yesterday and when i turn on my computer it sounds like its booting up like normal except the monitor will just blink with a green light and i checked to make sure the cords and everything was good and it still dont work.

A:green flashing light on monitor

A light blinking at a rate of at least once every second often seems to be made to indicate there is a problem, as in the makers of the device that has the light did it to show that there is a problem, so at least the monitor "knows" there is a problem...So maybe you should read the manual or contact the manufacturer and see what the blinking light means.
First things I would try are to plug it into a different PC, trying a different data cable, a different power cord, and a different outlet. If all of the above fails (including reading the manual or contacting the mfr.), it is probably a part inside the monitor not working correctly. Make sure all connections are secure, and not crooked or anything, including the video card's (if there is one) connection the the motherboard's slot, any internal power cord to the video card, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-flashing-light-on-monitor.740535/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a LiteOn 811s with HSOK firmware, it just started flashing the orange light. It also does not read disc, etc.
It's 2 months old, I've burned 15 dvd+ TDK. I was not using it when this started. My system sees the drive and reports model#, etc. If I re-run the firmware hsok, it will flash green during the process, but returns to flashing orange afterwards. Is the drive dead?

Thanks in advance.

A:811s\ flashing orange light?

Have you run one of the manufacturer's diagnostics on the drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/811s-flashing-orange-light.11565/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just changed my motherboard, but unfortunately the light Infront of the laptop keeps flashing. It flashes orange 2x and white 1x. Any idea what this code means?

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 flashing light

Hi Fopoku2k2
Thanks for writing to us.
Looks to be an issue with the memory or the memory slot.
Try re-seating the memory modules and then with one module at a time. If still the same, the probably the slots are faulty.
Have you replaced with same type of motherboard? Provide us the part# please.
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name
in blue and then select send a private message
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992688
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Toshiba Z30 and the white light keeps flashing indicating to me the machine is asleep.

I've tried discharging the laptop by holding down the power button and the light temporarily turns off then blinks orange quickly before going back to flashing white.

Tried removing the battery but it doesn't seem to do anything, just the orange light for a split second before the white light starts flashing again.

Please help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93235-Poretege-Z30-A-1D6-White-Flashing-Light
Relevancy 58.91%

First, I must say that I dusted this particular tower with compressed air. I had a little trouble getting the side panel off, and jostled it a little bit.

Anyway, I tried to turn it on this morning and the top light indicator flashes green once, then starts slooowly flashing dark red. I can count to 3ish in between flashes. The bottom light indicator also flashes faintly red.

I should probably add that this has happened before... I just figured I didn't push the power button correctly. Flipping the power strip on and off and trying again resolved always resolved it.

I bought it second hand but it has a sticker with some numbers on the top:

HP compaq
D3|vm|p24|40|k|256cr us
product # DL324A#ABA
SIN: mxd31904pj

2 pics of the inside:
http://i.imgur.com/3KLZ7Eb.png
http://i.imgur.com/Uarrcxx.jpg

A:Flashing red light when trying to turn on tower?

The flashing LED is an error indicator. The error is identified by the number of flashes:

LED and beep condition Description Power button LED blinks
4 times with 4 beeps Power Supply Power button LED blinks
5 times with 5 beeps Memory Power button LED blinks
6 times with 6 beeps Video Card or Graphics Power button LED blinks
7 times with 7 beeps Motherboard or System Board failure Power button LED blinks
8 times with 8 beeps BIOS or CMOS problem (ROM)
Having said that, if removing/restoring power to the PC resolves the problem, that typically indicates a faulty power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-red-light-when-trying-to-turn-on-tower.1106862/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Toshiba Z30 and the white light keeps flashing indicating to me the machine is asleep.

I've tried discharging the laptop by holding down the power button and the light temporarily turns off then blinks orange quickly before going back to flashing white.

Tried removing the battery but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Please help

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93269-Poretege-Z30-A-1D6-White-Flashing-Light
Relevancy 58.91%

Well I had this computer for about 2 years or so bought it brand new and always held up pretty good.

Well today I go to start it back up and nothing...Check and there is just a Green Flashing light in the back..It flashes maybe twice a second and then the from power button also flashes blue in the same pattern.

So what does this mean and how do I fix it...It doesn't power up at all no fan or anything.

Relevancy 58.91%

My comps internet stopped working while i was away, theo thers still work but mine doesnt. I've updated all the drivers and such, and it hasnt had a problem for a year.

Virus scanned, updated chipset (using a8n-e and onboard network)

Any ideas? The green light is just orange. Tried switching network cords and slots with working ones as well. All I did was reboot while it was working, and now it's not.

A:LAN not working (A8N-E) Orange light flashing

Have you tried a different cable????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-not-working-a8n-e-orange-light-flashing.62383/
Relevancy 58.91%

Today my hp pavilion detachable was flashing orange. I knew it would switch off since it had no battery power as soon as I unplugged ac,I unplugged it and now it is not turning on even charging it with ac won't work. Is there any solution to this? (the battery was also stuck at 68 percent and didn't go up or down). I'm not really that concerned because it broke within the first days of warranty. Anyways is there any kind of solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Flashing-orange-light-and-not-turning-on/td-p/5684911
Relevancy 58.91%

I was using my Dell XPS 14z today and the battery light started blinking orange 4 times then white once. It stated that my battery had crashed was no longer charging. I read here that that might be a bios problem so I updated my BIOS to the current one for my system and that was a A06 (according to this website). After flashing the new BIOS, the problem persisted. The Next recommendation was to remove, wait, then replace the battery, but there is no way to remove the battery from this unit. 

My battery health check says it is working normally. However, it is not charging and is still slowly draining even on the AC adapter. Any help?

A:Dell XPS 14z Flashing Orange Light

I had a very similar situation with my Dell XPS 14z. I've got installed A03 bios though.
On startup It said the message:
"This battery charging is temporarily disabled. Press F2 entering BIOS Setup Menu, Battery Status for details.
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup the utility"
To fix it, I entered the BIOS Menu with F2 -> Advance -> Charger Behaviour -> Disabled
Hopefully the problem will go away in my case!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19540253
Relevancy 58.91%

My battery light started flashing on my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop (OS = XP). About 3 weeks ago, I replaced the battery with a new one, based on the light flashing and a "0" charge being held in the old battery. For 3 weeks everything was fine. Now it is flashing again (in flashes of 4 flashes in a group), but the battery still reads OK, 100% available battery power, and I mostly routinely run on the AC charger plugged in. Is this a software problem? Or hardware? The new battery should last longer than 3 weeks. The light flashing does not effect the PC operation... YET. But I am nervous.
Can anyone recommend what to do about this? [email protected]

Relevancy 58.91%

I've searched some threads but cant find the answer to this. I had winmx and windows 98 and all was well....then \i got a new computer and xp and now all I get is a flashing yellow light and it wont connect......HELP please

Relevancy 58.91%

We had a power-cut about 3 months ago and my HP desktop would not turn back on. There is a flashing green light at the back of the computer that has never been there before.

I have been really busy and have only just around to attempting to fix the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:HP Computer - Green Flashing Light

HP info: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html (incl. live chat)
No POST guide: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113137.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-computer-green-flashing-light.122019/
Relevancy 58.91%

Yesterday we had a thunderstorm and the power flickered a couple times. Today I tried to turn on my computer and the red light on the motherboard flashes and then turns off so my computer won't turn on. When I push the power button and keep it pushed in, it makes a clicking noise and the light keeps flashing.

There's also a green light at the top, sometimes it flashes when I plug in the power cord and sometimes it doesn't. None of the fans start running.

A:Flashing red light & clicking noise

Did you have your computer plugged into a decent surge protector? (sounds like it wasn't based on what you described)

It will be quite difficult to tell you exactly what the problem is in this case, but I would be the electricity has created a surge that has damaged some hardware. First, check the power supply. If you can swap out your current with a known good PSU, that could help troubleshoot. If you get the same problem afterwards, your motherboard could be faulty.

When you say a "clicking noise"...where exactly is that noise coming from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-red-light-clicking-noise.953491/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've been on chat support for... 50 minutes now without a response from "Suresh". So I came here. The manuals for the C710 don't say what a blinking battery light mean. The Chromebook won't keep a charge no matter how long it's on AC power. As soon as it's unplugged from the wall, it dies. I'm trying to figure out if this is a battery issue, in which I can replace the battery, or a charging circuit problem, in which I'll need to get a new device probably. Anyone know or have better documentation?

A:C710 flashing battery light

If you still need help, shut down and remove the power. Find the tiny hole in the bottom  and gently press a paper clip into the hole until you feel it click. Plug in the power , boot up and see if it is charging. If this didn't work, you probably need to replace the battery.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/C710-flashing-battery-light/td-p/335097
Relevancy 58.91%

HI,

I have recently started to use Windows 2000, as opposed to Windows ME. However the harddisk light keeps on flashing every few seconds - even when the system is Idel!
...any ideas?

also, DVD's don't play well what so ever, there is a constant jitter. is that just cos to many things are loaded into memory?

thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,  My wireless keyboarrd, its the one in the link below that I am having an issue with. I'm trying to enable the light on top of the keyboard's numlock pad, but how? And also my num lock pad doesn't work as well. Basically, if I press one, it doesn't work. Please help! http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/12799083/T2ocm8XDhaXXXXXXXX-12799083.jpg

A:ACER keyboard light not flashing

Hello, With which computer do you use this keyboard?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/ACER-keyboard-light-not-flashing/td-p/350607
Relevancy 58.91%

I have compaq presario sr nx xp for yrs if that matters anyway we had a power outage and the pc shut down like everything else the problem came in when everything else turned back on besides my pc Now I ve tried unplugging and rePlugging it back in Dusting it off etc to No avail I am ok with computers but ill need a walk through on specific terms of any because my google is limited because I only have my iPhone to work with I can say there is a blinking green light on the back of it that blinks even when it s unplugged I do not know what this is for Any advice to help me manually fix it would be great if possible even if only a temporary Xp light?? flashing will green not turn on fix I am considering just buying a new one rather than taking it to a shop because of how outdated It is Thanks guys sorry for Xp will not turn on green flashing light?? the typing spelling mistakes again from iPhone lol Also if I can get any good advice I d donate money to the individual as well as the community nbsp

A:Xp will not turn on green flashing light??

If there was an outage when the power came back on it might of caused a surge that possibly caused some sort of damage to the board or power supply. either way you might have to take it somewhere and know for sure exactly what happened and go from there if its worth fixing or not.a 5 year old computer isnt that old some can run longer than that before problems happen.i had a laptop that lasted for 9 years and when the screen went it was time to retire it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-will-not-turn-on-green-flashing-light.1016013/
Relevancy 58.91%

so i just finished putting together a socket a system
abit nf7-s
xp 2800 (little oc to xp3000)
512 pc 2700
ati 9200 (128mb mem')
wd 80 gig sata hd
samsung cdr dvd
TT 430w psu
antec solo case
now everything is running great.but the hdd light constantly flashes
i have turned off all running background prog's and am at a loss
checked for any spyware........nada! xp pro

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I recently upgraded my computer with the following ASUS P P D DESKTOP MAINBOARD Intel i ghz Geil gb RAM W power supply SATA HDD PCI-E Video Card I ve built a few computers before with no problems so I was fairly confident building this one I started it up and everything looked to be running fine but there was no signal on the monitor I noticed there was a red light on the motherboard where the CPU was so I assume there is some sort of problem with that I m struggling to understand the problem however as I am positive I was careful with the CPU and grounded myself before mounting it so I m not too sure what the problem could be unless it is just a faulty CPU I don t have a spare one so I was wondering if there was anyhting I could do to troubleshoot Build CPU flashing? light Problem: or if anyone has had experience with this sort of issue Build Problem: CPU light flashing? Thanks is advanced nbsp