Windows Support Forum

X1C gen3 fail to upgrade BIOS

Q: X1C gen3 fail to upgrade BIOS

Hi All nbsp I try to upgrade the BIOS of my x c gen BS using a bootable USB disk I download the BIOS bootable CD nbsp n ur w iso nbsp from nbsp http support lenovo com us en downloads ds and burn it to the USB disk with these cmd nbsp geteltorito -o bios img fail X1C BIOS upgrade gen3 to n ur w iso dd if bios img of dev sdb nbsp Then I boot with is usb disk and follow the BIOS update instruction to upgrade BIOS But I think I fail with a last step The x c reboot with ThinkPad Logo and stop booting I have to remove the AC adapter and push the hard reset button to power off the x c nbsp And then I power on x c again I found that the ECP ID is upgrade to but UEFI BIOS ID X1C gen3 fail to upgrade BIOS is X1C gen3 fail to upgrade BIOS still not nbsp Could you help me check which step I miss Or any other suggest for BIOS upgrade with my x c nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1C-gen3-fail-to-upgrade-BIOS/td-p/3328983
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: X1C gen3 fail to upgrade BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 108.36%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-... UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP upgrade to 1.09. I wonder why I cannot upgrade my BIOS, anyone could help, many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-fail-to-upgrade-BIOS-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341160
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows, the BIOS version is UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP has already upgraded to 1.09 Anyone could help? Many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-upgrade-BIOS-fail-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341765
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello to the Acer community nbsp Ok i have a problem my desktop was performing a BIOS upgrade and the computer was unexpectidly shutdown during the end of help M3985 Need !! UPGRADE BIOS - FAIL Aspire - the upgrade process so Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! now all i am getting is FOUR Beeps and a black screen no post screen no logo nothing things i have tried so far nbsp - Ive removed all expansion cards RAM etc so ive ruled out other Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! possibilties to my knowledge- Removing CMOS Battry nbsp - Clear CMOS Jumper- PS Keyboard w USB AMIBOOT ROM pressing Ctrl Home still no avail nbsp Soo i think i am ruled out with options nbsp - Buy a new BIOS chip and gamble my chances and solder the new chip on and hope it works- Try a USB FDD Probably will not work - OR just buy a new motherboard nbsp So yea i am in a bad spot and i need help anyone got any suggestions on what i should could do nbsp PC SPECS nbsp Intel i - P GHzAMD Radeon GB OC'ed Original GPU was a AMD GB x GB DDR RAMWindows -Bit TB HDDBIOS - UEFI - American Megatrends - I beleive the bios version was 'P -A or B ' i wanted to upgrade it to 'P -B '

A:Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !!

Fusionz,

It looks like you received your answer on the other thread you posted for this here.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Aspire-M3985-BIOS-UPGRADE-FAIL-Need-help/td-p/364814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello to the Acer community nbsp Ok i have a problem my desktop was performing a BIOS upgrade and the computer was unexpectidly shutdown during the end of the upgrade process so now all i am getting is FOUR Beeps and a black screen no post screen no logo nothing things i BIOS !! help FAIL M3985 Aspire - - UPGRADE Need have tried so far nbsp - Ive removed all expansion cards RAM etc so ive ruled out other possibilties to my knowledge- Removing CMOS Battry nbsp - Clear CMOS Jumper- PS Keyboard w USB AMIBOOT ROM pressing Ctrl Home still no avail nbsp Soo i think i am ruled out with options nbsp - Buy a new BIOS chip and gamble my chances and solder the new chip on and hope it works- Try a USB Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! FDD Probably Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! will not work - OR just buy a new motherboard nbsp So yea i am in Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !! a bad spot and i need help anyone got any suggestions on what i should could do nbsp PC SPECS nbsp Intel i - P GHzAMD Radeon GB OC'ed Original GPU was a AMD GB x GB DDR RAMWindows -Bit TB HDDBIOS - UEFI - American Megatrends - I beleive the bios version was 'P -A or B ' i wanted to upgrade it to 'P -B '

A:Aspire M3985 - BIOS UPGRADE FAIL - Need help !!

Fusionz,

It looks like you received your answer on the other thread you posted for this here.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/Aspire-M3985-BIOS-UPGRADE-FAIL-Need-help/td-p/364814
Relevancy 64.93%

Kanislupus posted last week about P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 & updating the BIOS

I have this motherboard & I thought 3603 was the last update----
shows how long ago I looked---
so I went to ASUS & checked---

so I found out there is 2 new Bios upgrades---
bios 3703 with release date of 11/17/2014
which crashed for Kanislupus
& a new one--
bios 3802 with a release date of 04/03/2015.
so instead of just ASUS saying 3703 is buggy---
they just went ahead & released a new BIOS------
I would have tried to flash to bios 3802 for Kanislupus but I think he tore
his system apart-----
bios 3802 says RTC fix
bios 3603 seems to be running fine----why bios 3703 would effect
the real time clock I'm not sure of--would have to ask ASUS
almost forgot--I'm running windows 7 64bit---
some food for people to think about--

A:P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 bios update

It's possible the RTC problem was there before 3703 was released, but not fixed until 3802 appeared.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p8z68-v-pro-gen3-bios-update.1146106/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello, is there any vendor lock in BIOS to M.2 SSDs in X1 Carbon Gen3 notebooks? I've a 20BS003NXS Thinkpad with 512GB SSD which became insufficient. (ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3 i7-5500U(3.0GHz) 8GB 512GB SSD 14.0" WQHD TOUCH) I need to upgrade to 960GB/1TB SSD and my question is - will work any M.2 SSD with correct length of 80mm? E.g. INTEL SSD 540s Series 1TB M.2 22x80mm which (as it seems) is currently the only 1TB M.2 available in my country?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen3-upgrade-to-1TB-SSD/td-p/3333748
Relevancy 64.07%

HiI went through the number of posts, but couldn't find a clear answer. I have X1 3rd gen ( 20BT-S0WX0P ) with 256GB SSD. Can I get just any M.2 2280 SDD as a replacement? In particular I have the choice of:Crucial MX200 500GB M.2 Type 2280SS SSDCT500MX200SSD4Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500 GB SSD Solid-SMZ-N5E500BWKingston SSDNOW 480GB M.2 SATA 6GBPS DOUSM2280S3G2/480G Can any of these work with my Carbon? Thank you

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Carbon X1 Gen3 - SSD upgrade

I can confirm Samsung EVO 850 500GB M.2 will work fine in your 3rd gen x1 Carbon, i know it since I'm using this ssd myself in my x1 Carbon 3rd gen and it's working just fine

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Carbon-X1-Gen3-SSD-upgrade/td-p/3279305
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all,
I did something very stupid recently. I flashed my BIOS to fix mouse stuttering issues but used the Gen4 BIOS version 2.10. I was able to clear the CMOS and use the instant flash to restore the BIOS back the most recent Gen3 BIOS 1.10.

When I start the computer it shows the BIOS version is 1.10, but all of my SATA ports show as "not detected". I changed the SATA controller settings back to their defaults (IDE), but still no luck. I checked and all of the SATA connectors are still clicked firmly in place.

Any ideas?Thanks

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Gen3 BIOS Problems

I am not familiar with asrock boards. When you say you used the instant flash to restore the bios did you actually flash the bios with the original bios file or is this some type of auto recovery?

If you are able to flash the bios, I would reflash to the latest correct bios for your mb. Once done, restart and enter the bios. Load defaults or whatever asrock calls it and again restart. Enter the bios and make any custom settings you need ie sata mode, boot order, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asrock-extreme-4-gen3-bios-problems.1045104/
Relevancy 64.07%

Yesterday I got some drivers updates along with BIOS update BIOS seems to update successful now its everything under BIOS works I had OS win and Ubuntu with grub I've been a happy user of all these for several months but nbsp The problem is that after some driver update which was done cannot NOTHING Carbon boot 20BS) but BIOS X1 (Gen3 via Lenovo utility for Win I cannot boot any OS nor any OS installation even Recovery ISOs diagnostic X1 Carbon (Gen3 20BS) cannot boot NOTHING but BIOS tools Nothing can be booted BTW I know how to deal with Secure boot and legacy mode I can manage to start the boot process of anything listed above but they all behave the same They X1 Carbon (Gen3 20BS) cannot boot NOTHING but BIOS freeze in the very beggining Everything which involves ACPI just hangs on boot Linux hangs after message ACPI tables successfully requested or smth like this Win displays dots which go round second and then hangs If I add acpi off to Linux boot options it boots but almost nothing works there without acpi support Things which don't require ACPI work For example I can boit BIOS update ISOS Still it does no help as my BIOS version is the latest and it doesn't allow to rollback nbsp It can't be hardware problem as it occured after Windows updated drivers and flashed some firmware not BIOS but I don't know what it was exactly I can access data on SSD and can see some logs if needed nbsp Hope for assistance How to flash again all possible laptop firmware from boot USB What can be flashed except BIOS

A:X1 Carbon (Gen3 20BS) cannot boot NOTHING but BIOS

I tried to use hard reset... Hold that tiny button on the bottom for 30sec approx. Now it doesn't switch on at all o_O Just no reaction on power button. With or without AC. Not even on long press. What shall I do now?Lenovo, what's wrong with your devices? Why can user brick a device just using reset button?!?! Now I cannot even get my data from the SSD... **bleep** it!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen3-20BS-cannot-boot-NOTHING-but-BIOS/td-p/3398975
Relevancy 63.64%

I updated my motherboard from bios version 0402 to 3703 since I was updating my video card in the next week. Once the update was complete the reboot looped from the system check to the Asus logo over and over. I've tried to reset the board by jumper and battery removal, but all that does is reset the system clock. The bios remains the same. What have I done?

The only thing I can do is hit the 'del' and get to the bios, where I still see the Hard drives but for whatever reason it won't boot to them.

Is it possible to roll the bios back to the 0402? Is there a fix at all? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 7 64bit
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 Motherboard
Any other information required to help will be provided since I really don't know what to offer.
Hoping for a solution
Regards,
K

Relevancy 57.19%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 57.19%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 56.33%

I basically just have a lot of random questions to be honest.. Probably easy for a lot of you! If you could work with me just a little bit that would be so much appreciated!

For example:
-BIOS help (x4,x1,auto for PCi) (Do I disable anything important in BIOS?)
-Device manager help (I know I could have half the devices.. So many system devices)
-Basic AV and Firewall questions (Am I okay just using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall?)
-Questions about sound devices

I have been looking at these forums for some time now. I have seen a lot of very knowledgeable people in here; and that Is what made me actually Sign up and try to be active as I can in these forums. I just need someones help for a little bit with me to work with me and explain a few things; like I said I would really appreciate it! Thank-you so much!

A:BIOS x4, x1, Auto, Gen3, etc, Device Manager device

Auto (why would you want to disable anything , what are you thinking of disabling)?
Don't worry about it
AV-Comparatives Firewall Reviews - AV-Comparatives (download the pdf for firewall tests) make up your own mind
fire away

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48820-bios-x4-x1-auto-gen3-etc-device-manager-device.html
Relevancy 51.17%

guten Tag .Ich entschuldige im Voraus für mein Deutsch!Ich hab mein Bios aktualisiert und danach hab ich schwarze bildshirm bekommen . meine PC Modelle ist HP 280 G1.wie kann ich das Bios wiederherstellen (recovery) . Ich bedanke mich bei Ihnen für Ihre Antworten LGReza

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-Fail/td-p/5675527
Relevancy 51.17%

I have no idea what happened, my laptop asked me to restart my computer for updates then it was saying configuration which it normally does. Then I have no idea why it went to bios updates and so I thought I better not touch it. It switched off by itself and all I get is a black screen and a blinking caps lock. Please can anyone help me to fix this! I tried pressing Windows and B but no answer.

A:Bios fail

When you restart it does the hp logo show up?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-fail/td-p/5696041
Relevancy 50.31%

While updating the Bios on Soyo 6ibm motherboard I got a Write Fail from the awdflash utility. It seems to write in 4 blocks and the whole third block always reports Write Fail.

So now I’ve lost the bios and get a Bios Check Sum error on bootup, then I’m dropped to the bios BootBlock which gives no other function than to boot from a floppy. I can successfully flash the bios again but every time I get the Write Fail on the same block. When trying to restore the old bios it either stalls or gives a couple of different errors from awdflash. “Unknown Flash Type” or “System was not new Award Bios version, please update ROM Bios first”

Been round the net till I’m dizzy. Anyone help me?

Relevancy 50.31%

ok I updated my bios from a 09 to a11. It appeared to install fine but when my computer restarted the lights all blinked and everything sounds like it's spinning up but no splash screen or anything ever displays. I have come red an external display and the same thing, no splash screen or anything. Yes the monitor works I have connected a laptop to it and it displays that fine. I'm thinking something went wrong with the bios update. Any ideas. Can I force a flash somehow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xps-2720-bios-fail.1154844/
Relevancy 50.31%

Everytime I try to update my BIOS on my laptop I get this error:

BIOS update failed! New Bios is not compatible with the current system BIOS.
New BIOS part number doesn't match system BIOS part number. Error Code: -120
See the Help for troubleshooting

an I doing something wrong HELP

I am using Fujitsu Lifebook AH530

Relevancy 50.31%

my HP-Pavilion-g6-1d00-Notebook never update bios it has Insyde F.31, 10/23/2014 it can't update. i try to install F.33,F.42,F.48 but all fail F.33 install fail and give error "IHisi not support current bios" , and this error "BIOS did not support InsydeFlash !"please help me to update my bios

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bios-update-fail/td-p/5778805
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two Windows 7 64 bit systems that worked perfectly until approx two weeks ago. They started becoming unresponsive to various websites, such as b1015.com (unable to listen live). Both computers then started having problems opening sites through google searches.

Following this, most updates on both computers fail. Downloads from the internet fail. Updating flash on one - failed. downloading .net framework update - failed.

One computer has MSE - updated and ran scan - no threats found
One computer has AVast - updated and ran scan - no threats found

Tried to download malwarebytes on the computer with avast - failed
went to XP station - downloaded to thumb drive and installed from thumb drive and ran  - no threats found

from cmd prompt -  ran sfc /scannow on both computers  -  no problems found

Can anyone give me any ideas of where to go from here to get both of these computers working properly again

VR-

Bec

A:Updates Fail/Downloads Fail/Flash Sites Fail x2 computers

The first place to start is are you getting any error messages when the updates fail? What do the messages state -- for example, do you get any error codes? Please post that information here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498794/updates-faildownloads-failflash-sites-fail-x2-computers/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Toshiba Satelite PRO 4300 that will not boot up. It displays a screen that has a graphical moon and sun seperated by a bar graph type box. There is no indication of a bios screen on power up. The LEDs initialize as expected. It will not even recognize a floppy disk after the drive does a seek at power up.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:Boot fail, NO BIOS SCREEN?

sounds like a power issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-fail-no-bios-screen.451460/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi my dell has failed i took it to a local shop who reset the bios to get it going but after 5 days its gone again none of the diagnostic lights are lit which means a pre bios fail. rather than being charged £15.00 every few days could somebody please tell me how i can reset it thanks jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dimension-3000-pre-bios-fail.648960/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to update my helix2 BIOS from 1.80 to 1.82. However, when the computer reboots, it shows "secure flash authentication failed" and shut down the machine. The ECP is updated though. Any help?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Helix 2 BIOS update fail

Hello xRender,

I hope you've managed to resolve this but if not a service tip has been released regarding the the authentication error you have reported.  Sorry for being late with a response.

Link to Service Tip;
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/SF16-T0013

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-2-BIOS-update-fail/td-p/2208506
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys I have a acer aspire one d250 (kav60) , and I think I downloaded the wrong flash bios file and since then my laptop won't turn on ((( if anyone have an idea what to do please REPLY

A:BIOS fail, laptop won't turn on :(

Why were you changing your BIOS on a laptop in the first place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-fail-laptop-wont-turn-on.190128/
Relevancy 49.88%

i downloaded a bios update tool from HP website, but while updating the bios, there was a power black out. my laptop couldn't come out of herbanation and it can't boot. only the power button light, caps lock light and WiFi light are working, the fun is also working but it can't boot.i have tried removing the battery, power adapter and press the power button for a minute, nothing has changed..is there any solution for this problem.the pc is HP625 notebook

A:bios update fail, pc can't start

Hey,My son's laptop did this blank screen too - only power button light was on, but no fan, no key lights, nothing.  I tried the same hard reset -remove batt, press power.  Almost took it apart to reseat the RAM, but decided to search the forum again (sorry I can't find that hp support page anymore).  Anyways, you will read that beside hard rest and reseating RAM, they will tell you to try connecting it to an external monitor to check if it is a display problem. Short story, none of the above worked for me, EXCEPT THIS - hold down Windows key and "B" key.  While holding down the Windows and B key, press and hold the power button for about one second, then release all 3 buttons.  The power key will light up, wait for about 40 seconds (more or less), then the BIOS will update. Hope it works for you too. UPDATE:  I just found the link again.... I followed step 3...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-update-fail-pc-can-t-start/td-p/5603523
Relevancy 49.88%

Before I went to bed last night I ran MS disk Defrag on my computer I woke up and Disk Defragger Crashed I don t even know where it crashed in Bios Crash, Now Fail? Defrag the process I could not close it out After Failing to close it out I rebooted the computer and it hung on the Page that says Defrag Crash, Now Bios Fail? press Del to enter bios press Defrag Crash, Now Bios Fail? F to enter boot options Not once or twice but every time i tried to reboot it When the computer starts up the Geforce Screen pops up ok good there somewhere in there i get beep then the processor and bios info is displayed and then nothing I cant even get in the bios The Diagnostic lights says the computer is on quot Bios Sign on quot - the book says this is where the computer will start showing information about logo processor band name etc The next step in the boot would be quot testing base and Extended Memory quot Ok Since this all happened before i had to go to work I Didn t have time to check wire connections or do multiple boots with different memory combinations So after I do all of Defrag Crash, Now Bios Fail? this when I get home If it doesn t work My next step will be to clear the bios There is a button on the board to do this But I have a feeling I will also be resetting my Raid setup and that will not sure force me to reinstall windows and the like I am running MSI K N Neo Plat AMD with Thermal-take cpu cooler gig x Corsair DDr mem both on green slots Western Digital gb Raptor Sata drives running on the Nvidia Raid Controller in Raid and the GF gt Windows XP pro SP I am thinking it has something to do with my raid controller or with the drives them selves I am not sure This computer is fairly new maybe a month old if that Am I going the right direction with this What do you guys think the problem is Some more addition information Before this it occasionally every other time maybe would go through post go to load windows and then black screen Reboot and then good to go nbsp

A:Defrag Crash, Now Bios Fail?

Howdy evil_moons...

To clear the CMOS you need to remove the battery ( looks like an oversized watch battery ), but before you do, try unplugging the hard drive(s) both power and ribbon cables, sounds like yours went south...

You may have to let it set before it times out on looking for the drives...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/defrag-crash-now-bios-fail.354431/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,i have a problem after trying to update my my T440.During the update on Windows, it restart several times and on the last time it wont power on properly.The screen stays black and it won´t boot.So i think my bios is broken.What i can do ?thanks for help!  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440-BIOS-UPDATE-FAIL/td-p/3398447
Relevancy 49.88%

Motherboard - MSI P a-gd I have a report from one of my customers asking for advice regarding a bios flash they recently attempted to do on this motherboard They explain the following steps to me downloaded bios from the MSI website put onto a USB drive flashed the BIOS via the menu in the BIOS PC rebooted and continued to install some things pc now after reboot only nothing on screen dvd drive makes a sound then reboots and keeps doing this Not really BIOS Solved: Fail Flash sure what to advise him at the moment apart from trying Solved: BIOS Flash Fail resetting cmos reseating ram taking the battery out for mins then putting back in a MINIMUM CONFIG i e CPU RAM PSU MOBO with everything else disconnected MSI I believe use M-Flash but not sure if you can emergency re-flash the BIOS with this particular motherboard until I read up Solved: BIOS Flash Fail some information on the particular motherboard model does anyone offer any advice regarding this problem or had a similar issue them self I will in the meantime contact MSI support nbsp

A:Solved: BIOS Flash Fail

Yeah,check the manual at the MSI website support section first
to see if there is a bios failsafe or dual bios first.
It may be that you can restore the bios from a flash drive.
I had the same problem with an older board without any bios protection.
I went to ebay and bought a flashed bios chip for about $10.
Of course the bios chip would need to be removable from the motherboard
in order for that to work.
If it is soldered to the motherboard,that is not really helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-flash-fail.1055801/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

After updating new catalyst 11.12 my screen goes black during the shutdown/restart mode. The computer still runs and I have to hold shutdown button to restart then it'll come up. It only happens when you shutdown/restart. I'm running Win 7 64 bit Home Premium so I'm wondering if there's a windows problem. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Alienware M17
Win 7 64 bit HP
8gb DDR3
ATI Radeon Mobility 4870

A:ATI 11.12 upgrade fail

sounds like a compatibility issue. Run driver sweep in safe mode and uninstall the current ATI driver and then download and install a previous version.

YOu wont see much benifit from the 11.12 update, its mainly addressing multi gpu setups for scyrim and bf3. not really aimed at laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204558-ati-11-12-upgrade-fail.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I just got a new GB memory stick to upgrade RAM fail upgrade a desktop PC from GB to The problem is the new memory has RAM upgrade fail not been recognised The PC has slots one of which was initially empty and the memory details are GB DDR PC - MHz both old and new match these specs So far I have - Tried the old and new memory one at a time - both work fine giving GB each -- I ve done this in both slots so I know those are good too -- I always ensure the memory clicks fully into place as I know this can be a source of problems - Removed and replaced the motherboard battery to force it into a full refresh then rebooted with both memory sticks installed -- Advice elsewhere said this might force it to see the new memory but it did not work So far I haven t - Upgraded the BIOS -- Following the Phoenix website link suggests I have to pay for upgrades so I ll try that option if people think it will help The boot-up text shows quot DDR at Row s quot when both are installed which I interpret as meaning the BIOS itself can only see one of them Is there anything in the BIOS settings which might help System details are below Note that this is a relative s PC and I see them infrequently so won t get to try out suggestions straight away but will do my best to provide any extra info if needed Make amp Model E-System Ei- Windows XP Professional v Service Pack Build Processor - Pentium quot x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz quot BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS Date September th BIOS Version PG SMBIOS Version Total Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB though I presume that doesn t mean it s worked after all - Control Panel shows Mb with Physical Address Extension - quot mem quot from Command Prompt shows -- bytes total conventional memory -- bytes total contiguous extended memory Thanks Will nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-upgrade-fail.1001854/
Relevancy 49.45%

Why does new BIOS sometimes fail to detect IDE?
Answer given on the Gigabyte site -: To solve your problem, please go to BIOS to reset "Boot delay time" or "IDE delay time" to a longer one or give a warm boot. Why is that? Simply say it’s because HDD detection time of BIOS is less than or equal to the time that HDD needs to be ready. Therefore the BIOS sometimes responses the failed message after detecting unready HDD.

Now my Question is how do I do this.

Thanks

Lockeyp

A:Why does new BIOS sometimes fail to detect IDE? (Moved from XP forum)

Have you read your mb manual? Each bios [and even sometimes each update of the bios] has different options and or menus. Giving you exact step by step instructions is just about impossible.

The setting should be under the advanced section of the bios or perhaps under the boot section; again read your manual.

You simply have to set a longer delay than what is currently set; ie if it is set for a 2 sec delay, lengthen it to 4 sec. Save settings and restart.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-new-bios-sometimes-fail-to-detect-ide-moved-from-xp-forum.1128708/
Relevancy 49.45%

hello i was half way threw a bios update on my foxconn a6vmx motherboard and there was a power cut,rendering pc dusbin material,some one told me theres a back up facilty on board?please can any one help thanx jez

A:foxconn motherboard bios update fail

Is this an AMI BIOS.
If so, and you can get the new BIOS onto a floppy, there is a possibility you may still be able to flash the new BIOS.

Most Mobos with an AMI BIOS will look for a floppy disk with a bios update on it.
see: http://www.biosman.com/biosrecovery.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foxconn-motherboard-bios-update-fail.905950/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a couple of PC systems that do not have the BIOS option to restart after loss of AC power. It seems like there should be a way to briefly close a relay contact connected to the ON switch when power is reapplied. Anybody have a circuit or idea how to do this?

In case your wondering, these systems are used for voicemail and do have a UPS connected. We live in a rural area and sometimes the power goes out for extended periods.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/auto-restart-after-power-fail-not-in-bios.22683/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been attempting to install SP76267 which is Bios update VF.67Ap1 and it installs and then backs out, then the Hp support Assistant tells me to reinstall it. I see no error messages Urgent Help please   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SP76267-Bios-Flash-fail-and-backs-out/td-p/5724079
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings.I was trying to fix my wireless adapter issue by updating the Bios using the .exe file in the Winflash folder. Suddenly the screen turned black while the update was running. After leaving it for over an hour I decided to force it off by pressing the power button. After that when I tried turning it back on the computer seems it won't boot anymore, just black screen, but the power button is lit. Later I found threads recommending CRISIS Recovery Disk Tool but mine doesn't seems to work. Wincris just formats my USB drive and left it blank. Any idea how I can recover back my computer? Thanks in advanced!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-4752G-Bios-Flash-Fail/td-p/445805
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello! I have A01 bios version on my e6330.I can not succed install the current updete.I tryed windows 7, windows 10, MS-DOS...
The computer open the exe file, progress to 100% and restarts back to windows. It does not start the proper flashing...
Any other ideas? Can someone to help me with a bios dump? 

A:Dell E6330 BIOS update fail

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would suggest to first load BIOS defaults and then try to update and also check if there is any error message that comes up.
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997391
Relevancy 49.45%

I try to update my Gateway M460 from 6.007 to 6.005 then it' won't start no more . Please let me know does anyway I can fix the problem ?

Thank you

A:Fail to Flash my Gateway M460 Bios ! Plz Help

Reset the BIOS, if that doesn't work then put the BIOS flash floppy in the drive and start it up with the left shift key down and it may be able to reflash it, assuming it has that feature built in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fail-to-flash-my-gateway-m460-bios-plz-help.68041/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings.I was trying to fix my wireless adapter issue by updating the Bios using the .exe file in the Winflash folder. Suddenly the screen turned black while the update was running. After leaving it for over an hour I decided to force it off by pressing the power button. After that when I tried turning it back on the computer seems it won't boot anymore, just black screen, but the power button is lit. Later I found threads recommending CRISIS Recovery Disk Tool but mine doesn't seems to work. Wincris just formats my USB drive and left it blank. Any idea how I can recover back my computer? Thanks in advanced!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-4752G-Bios-Flash-Fail/td-p/445805/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

Greeting i updated the BIOS to lastest version, and the keyboard start to beep, the operative systems dont work fine, some keyboards have malfunction with the shift key, my keyboard is in spanish, with the english version of the keyborad the problem is solved. The motherboard in the notebook is ok, no conectors damage. PD: excuse my english i'm spansih native speakers

A:keyboard fail in g470 after BIOS update

Rickynet wrote:
Greeting i updated the BIOS to lastest version, and the keyboard start to beep, the operative systems dont work fine, some keyboards have malfunction with the shift key, my keyboard is in spanish, with the english version of the keyborad the problem is solved. The motherboard in the notebook is ok, no conectors damage.

PD: excuse my english i'm spansih native speakers

From what I understand  your notebook works fine when using English keyboard layout, but does not work as expected if you change to Spanish keyboard layout.

Check your BIOS for a language or region setting and adjust as needed.  Also - look in control panel for keyboard settings and install additional keboard layout for Spanish.

Good luck.

CB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/keyboard-fail-in-g470-after-BIOS-update/td-p/3304883
Relevancy 49.45%

This morning I wake up and power on the computer to get a suprise greeting that my Western Digital 120G had S.M.A.R.T error. I went into the CMOS, and instead of detecting it as WD1200, it shows WD1000. (Did not make any changes on my computer before I turn it off)

Going to Windows XP, from disk manager, it shows the drive is not format and the capacity is 6G.

Any suggestion on what to do??

A:S.M.A.R.T Fail, Bios detect wrong HD model

Check the IDE cable. My machine shutdown yesterday and couldn't find the HDD when trying to restart. I reseated my cable and booted into windows and did all the disk checks I could find. It seems my cable was at fault.(Keeping fingers crossed)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-m-a-r-t-fail-bios-detect-wrong-hd-model.369594/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi nbsp New to the board and looking for some help I have a w still in warranty We have been having issues with running Vista and the machine not rebooting after hibernation Bios Support Fail Under No - but Warranty Update Today Bios Update Fail - Under Warranty but No Support I found some time to run updates using the pre-loaded ThinkVantage software on the machine There were quite a few on there including a Bios update upon running the updates and the machine restarting at the end I get a black screen nbsp and nothing Bios Update Fail - Under Warranty but No Support the power lights are on but not more nbsp nbsp I have called Lenovo tech support and they advised me that because I did the Bios update as part of the many updates that were suggested I required I have voided my warranty support for this problem apparantly I was made aware of this as part of the disclaimer prior to running the updates nbsp nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions on steps forward from this point nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Bios Update Fail - Under Warranty but No Support

Hello mate, No real suggestions but you need to rewrite the bios. You have to send your laptop back to Lenovo.

__________________________________________________________________________________Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Bios-Update-Fail-Under-Warranty-but-No-Support/td-p/399157
Relevancy 49.45%

OS windows home premium CPU i MOBO ASUS P Z M HDD BIOS only can enter boot windows fail, Seagate TB RAM kingston hyperX gb alright so i windows boot fail, can only enter BIOS had an issue with deleting a steam folder that was corrupted after googling a while i learned i should run chkdsk checkdisk when you rightclick on your hdd 'properties under tools tab' etc so after that i just rebooted my pc and everything was normal i could delete the folder then i got a few windows updates which i just ran and rebooted normally after a while surfing a bit then playing a videogame my computer just crashed with bluescreen ever since then i couldnt boot up my pc normally again i do manage to get the BIOS screen then the windows logo 'loading' but then it just gets me a blue screen again so the errors on the blue screen im getting is ntkrnlpa exe xc and something along these lines STOP x E xFFFFFFFFC S xFFFFF E DE A XFFFFF A B xFFFFF A D wdf sys - Adress FFFFF E DE A it might be worth mentioning i had intel rapid storage techonlogy which uses an ssd for caching i thought this was the problem and removed the ssd but no results I've tried some system recovery methods like the bootup autofixer or system restore point but they failed aswell after reading something about MBR ' bootrec exe FixMbr ' source How to Fix Windows When It Fails to Boot i decided to give that a try i managed to get back to my desktop but everytime i restarted i would just get blue screen again then had to enter bootrec exe fixmbr in the command prompt from the recovery console everytime then i decided to reinstall windows and the installation broke down midway giving me the same error now im stuck in a cycle where i just enter bios then get the error on startup and then reboot if i try to go safe mode it comes with 'Windows cannot complete the installation in safe mode to continue installing windows restart the computer ' and now i cant even get to recovery console options anymore if i use my gb 'corsair' SSD as HDD i get the same error for clarification ive been trying to use an 'seagate' TB HDD first i've gotten this pc for only about year

A:windows boot fail, can only enter BIOS

Hi qzysc2 welcome to SevenForums

Lets try this

Warning
You will need a USB FLASH DRIVE

Tip
Download the Tool from a non infected PC

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Choose one that goes with your OS bit version . Save the file to a USB Flash drive

32-bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64

Note
Click the button and right-click Computer .Select Properties . Look for System Type: which will say 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit Operating System

Plug the flash drive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt

In the command window type X:\FRST.exe (for x64 bit version type X:\FRST64.exe) and press Enter

Note
Replace letter X with the drive letter of your flash drive.

Tip
Type the commands below to see what your letter is for the USB drive and press ENTER after each command

Code:
Diskpart
List volume
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file
Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/293653-windows-boot-fail-can-only-enter-bios.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all About months ago I built my PC with in Freezing Fail! Setup! Epic BIOS the specs listed under my user info It was difficult to get it running initially Mwave had to replace the motherboard and memory but has worked fine ever since That is until the other day I was using my PC in Windows Ultimate -bit when it suddenly crashed The screen didn't just lock up The USB mouse lost power and the video card stopped the monitor said quot Epic Fail! Freezing in BIOS Setup! No Epic Fail! Freezing in BIOS Setup! Signal quot I rebooted and found that my BIOS had lost all my settings I pressed F to reset them but while I was in the BIOS setup it froze again This and all subsequent times the video locked up but continued to send video signal to the monitor Since then I have only been able to make it to the Windows startup screen where it tells you your system wasn't properly shut down I told it to start normally because I don't think this is an OS problem but it just ended up rebooting the machine The second time Windows reccomended some sort of diagnostic but again it froze just then Now I can't even make it past POST most of the time before it freezes on me I've been working on PCs since ' or so and I've tried everything I know I even loaded the latest BIOS version or and I get the exact same problems I've never had a system lock up in BIOS setup before unless I was over-clocking and I'm not All I can figure is that either the ASUS P T Deluxe V motherboard or my PSU is bad But maybe it can be fixed Can anyone please help me

A:Epic Fail! Freezing in BIOS Setup!

Just a big guess here. What about the boards battery?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/101213-epic-fail-freezing-bios-setup.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to upgrade Windows XP sp3 but it capt on asking me about the 'status.msi.' to install, is there anyway you can help with this problem??

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/410502eb-819d-4a2d-b3af-d914e47179ac/windows-xp-upgrade-fail?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all So I hear W is pretty popular now or something I've been attempting to upgrade my Vista install to recently but have come across a strange issue Im currently running x Vista Ultimate and am trying to upgrade to x W ultimate however whenever I select the x package on the disk I have I'm greeted with this error message Uploaded with ImageShack W7 upgrade -> Vista fail? us Weird no It seems to be contradicting itself So I tried launching the bit package and installing that in case I was wrong Vista -> W7 upgrade fail? and was actually running x all these years and was greeted with Uploaded with ImageShack us So great I can't install x because apparently I'm running x and I can't install x because I'm already running x Good job windows I've tried W ultimate discs and it's happened with both in exactly the same way so I suspect the problem lies deep within my Vista installation Has anyone come across an error like this before Or have any suggestions on my next course of action Other than a tear down and fresh install over the top I can't see a way out and it's taken me so long to get my media library's set up and annexed just right I really CBA to be fiddling about again Thanks all

A:Vista -> W7 upgrade fail?

Quote: Originally Posted by The Editor

Hey all,

Im currently running x64 Vista Ultimate, and am trying to upgrade to x64 W7 ultimate however whenever I select the x64 package on the disk I have, I'm greeted with this error message:

So I tried launching the 32 bit package and installing that in case I was wrong and was actually running x86 all these years, and was greeted with:

I've tried 2 W7 ultimate discs, and it's happened with both in exactly the same way, so I suspect the problem lies deep within my Vista installation....

Thanks all!

Hello The Editor, welcome to Seven Forums!

"select the x64 package"

I'm curious about this statement above, where did you get the installation DVD(s) from, the 32-bit and the 64-bit should be separate DVDs please clarify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/142786-vista-w7-upgrade-fail.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Anyone point me in the right direction. I think I have the windows media package. Any tips would help, as there are some apps on the windows store I would like to download and I can't =(

A:Windows 8.1 upgrade fail

Why can't you download, are you signed in with a Microsoft Account, are you getting any error messages?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49383-windows-8-1-upgrade-fail.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm upgrade Windows fail 7 an intermediate Windows 7 upgrade fail computer user and I just upgraded to windows from windows vista During the installation of Windows it didn't work the first time and said it restored my old OS I tried again and it actually finished installing But except now my computer only works in safe mode If I try to start windows normally I get an unexpected reboot that brings me to a screen to choose how to start windows Sometimes my desktop will load up but then within minutes it will reboot again out of nowhere Can someone help me Also When i first started the installation of Windows there is a first CD used to update system BIOS and firmware I walked away for a minute and came back to a screen that said my laptop was put into hibernation to protect it from over heating I'm not sure if that part was done yet but it definitely said not to turn off my computer while it was installing that part Does that have something to do with my problem now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-upgrade-fail-437019.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The Windows upgrade media requires a previous version of windows to be present on the hard drive and activated in order for the installation to proceed Meaning if you need to reinstall win you would first have to reinstall and activate your old os Slightly different topic but totally related If you installed the Vista Upgrade the way Microsoft intended without using the quot special workaround quot the license key for your previous os would become invalid to prevent you from running more than one copy of windows with an upgrade license The Windows Upgrade requires an activated os to be present on the hard drive so Vista s workaround can t be used with win Assuming the win upgrade also invalidates your previous license wouldn Windows 7 Fail? Upgrade = t that mean it s impossible to reinstall win because you can t activate your old os I ve been wanting to ask about this for a long time but I kept putting it off so sorry if this has been answered before nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Office 2007 (medialess oem) SP1 fails to install (all the other updates incl. kb946691 installed fine)
Adobe reader will not install
Autodesk Inventor 2009 SP1 wont install
The common theme seems to corrupt cab files. I've tried having the UAC turned off, it's a brand new machine without any antivirus on it (yet). I've tried to download and install all of these multiple times, I've even downloaded a few of them on a different computer to see if that was the problem.
Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing these issues?

A:Upgrade Installations Fail

Originally Posted by heretic07

Office 2007 (medialess oem) SP1 fails to install (all the other updates incl. kb946691 installed fine)
Adobe reader will not install
Autodesk Inventor 2009 SP1 wont install
The common theme seems to corrupt cab files. I've tried having the UAC turned off, it's a brand new machine without any antivirus on it (yet). I've tried to download and install all of these multiple times, I've even downloaded a few of them on a different computer to see if that was the problem.
Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing these issues?

Try one of two things :

1) IN either the "run" window or "start search" off the Start Menu type in %temp% then press Enter. This will open the Temporary Files folder. Delete all the files present here. Some may fail to delete as an open process is using them. This is normal and fine. Reboot. Retry the update

2) Run "msconfig" in the same manor you ran the other command. Goto the startup tab and click "Disable All", click OK and reboot. Try the update. Once it completes, assuming it does, re-run that command, back to the startup tab and click "Enable All" and reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/183285-upgrade-installations-fail.html
Relevancy 49.02%

All working OK on VISTA not often you read that upgraded to SP and initially I thought all OK upgrade reported success Then found when I switched on my USB HDD Vista crashes Blue Screen Belkin advise USB HDD works OPK with Vista and suggest corrupted drivers Microsoft have free hep for VIST SP went through levels of support people with multiple steps Sent in many minidump files Removing all USB upgrade USB SP1 after fail devices devices in Device manager Insisting USB HDD must be faulty - even though it works on all my other non Vista PC s Manually update each driver Run system file checker USB devices fail after SP1 upgrade quot sfc scannow quot same fault each time as soon as I power on USB HDD or plug it in if it is already powered on after about sec Blue Screen of death Yesterday they asked me to uninstall Sp I did and USB HDD now working OK with VISTA once more - proving that it is for sure related to SP upgrade Microsoft have now closed the case advising they will report it to Belkin as they feel it s a h w issue Belkin also uses no custom drivers just standard ones built into Vista Belkin advise that to them it sound like the upgradae process is likely to be corrupting USB drivers USB HDD works on Vista non SP works on all XP machines Anybody any suggestions - I use this for my file store backup etc so need to have this drive working nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-devices-fail-after-sp1-upgrade.706750/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Lenovo G - with an i chip gb ram x gb This was the Fail Upgrade G50-70 Memory native config nbsp I ordered a DD L v gb memory stick from Crucial and installed it in one of the two slots replacingone of the original gb sticks nbsp Surprise it wouldn't boot up G50-70 Memory Upgrade Fail yes it was seated properly nbsp Do the sticks have to be matched up in terms of size this would have been a gb and an gb for a total of orwould I have to install two gb sticks in this case nbsp One time before I mistakenly ordered a DDL stick that had the higher voltage and discovered that was not compatible not that you could tell from Lenovo's user manual nbsp So anyway this time I made sure it it was a v stick and it still didn't work nbsp What gives here When I ran the Crucial diagnostic it reported that the motherboard could support gb nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-70-Memory-Upgrade-Fail/td-p/3344318
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have an Acer AIO PC i decided to update the bios so i tried to upadate it but it was stuck on erasing bios for like 4 hours so i decided to close it i did and it did not reset i did not know what to do i kinda knew the bios was corrupted i was sreaching on the interent to see if you can check if your bios is corrupted could not find anything so i just left the computer on for a few days and it was working fine did not turn it off, but i had a windows update and thats when it reseted and now its just a black screen the hard and every else comes on and works fine but nothing shows up.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-AZ3-615-ub16-bios-update-fail/td-p/443464/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have an Acer AIO PC i decided to update the bios so i tried to upadate it but it was stuck on erasing bios for like 4 hours so i decided to close it i did and it did not reset i did not know what to do i kinda knew the bios was corrupted i was sreaching on the interent to see if you can check if your bios is corrupted could not find anything so i just left the computer on for a few days and it was working fine did not turn it off, but i had a windows update and thats when it reseted and now its just a black screen the hard and every else comes on and works fine but nothing shows up.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-AZ3-615-ub16-bios-update-fail/td-p/443464
Relevancy 49.02%

I changed my CMOS battery and replaced my WiFi card, then booted my computer and got this:

Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

It happens every time I start up now. I can press F1 and it will continue booting. I have a Shuttle AN35 Ultra motherboard with AwardBIOS v6.00PG. I don't have a floppy drive and I don't have it set anywhere in the boot order (it's just HDD-0, then CD-ROM and nothing else).

What in the world did I do?

EDIT: by the way, changing the battery reset all the settings, but I set all of them back again.

A:Solved: BIOS Error: Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

Settings in BIOS that might influence this include choosing none for type of floppy drive and disabling the floppy drive controller.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-error-floppy-disk-s-fail-40.646641/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi - I have a G81915P Duo Pro mobo, XP and Vista on separate drives. I was (happily!) changing the boot order to select the OS. Then I increased (exchanged) my ram from 1GB to 2GB. The bios saw the new ram but XP sys info did not. It was recommended that I update my bios. So I went from F1 thru F3, F5 to F6. After each change I booted in bios fail-safe to XP. I did not notice that my Vista drive (IDE under a sata controller) was not shown in the boot up sequence selection.
So then I changed bios settings back to my original ones, saw my other IDE drives and booted into Vista.
Now I can only boot to XP by resetting my bios to 'failsafe' and to Vista by changing any bios setting. All very irritating!!
I have changed my bios back to F1 but it makes no difference.
Any ideas? TKIA

A:bios 'load fail-safe' needed to boot to HDD

Put back the latest BIOS version.

Start applying your own BIOS settings and see exactly which setting makes XP unbootable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-load-fail-safe-needed-to-boot-to-hdd.85926/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hp support program told to update important bios update. After  update I cant use computer.  PC starts but nothing comes to screen. It stays on about 30 sec and restarts itself. Same thing, nothing shows on screen but it dont boot itself after the first reboot. This happens everytime when I take power off. It dont seem to try to load windows either because hdd light dont blink. I cant even find compatible bios update on HP page that i could try from usb. I tried to clear cmos with jumpers. No change Did HP send wrong bios update on HP support program? Any suggestions?

A:hp envy 700-305no bios / hp program update fail

I have the same problem with my hp envy 700-311na computer. I downloaded the bios update but now my computer just has a black screen and the windows+B keyboard command does not work.Computer turns on fine but nothing happens no loading screen or anything. Is there a way to bypass the bios and access the operating system?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/hp-envy-700-305no-bios-hp-program-update-fail/td-p/4963057
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to update the BIOS on my Yoga 2 Pro 13" laptop.  Downloaded the BIOS update from the support page, but when I run the update, I get the following error:      Get EC part information fail. Will try to attach a screenshot of the BIOS update error message. Has anyone seen this before?  I found one other mention here in the forum but no soution or workaround.  Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.  Thanks. ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/BIOS-Update-Error-quot-Get-EC-part-information-fail-quot/td-p/3341670
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Any advice I have a POST SFF - fail A24 update BIOS 9010 Dell no SFF that was working fine except that it would not install the Windows Anniversary Update nbsp Repeatedly about through the update it failed with a BSOD I tried several times Somewhere I read that the BIOS might need updating so I headed over to DELL support nbsp I let the website automatically detect my system and it found a recommended BIOS update version A I initiated the BIOS update from the website and it seemed to run successfully but when the PC rebooted it hung half way through POST On a second attempt to start the machine - nothing - no display no light just will not start I tried clearing the NVRAM as indicated on the DELL website here nbsp www Dell 9010 SFF BIOS update A24 fail - no POST dell com SLN I tried Dell 9010 SFF BIOS update A24 fail - no POST both the RTCRST jumper method and the battery removal method The result - it now continuously reboots but still no POST no display nothing I should add that during the original BIOS update the PC had a Quadro graphics card and a LSI - e SAS adapter card inside They had both been working faultlessly and were removed when I tried to reset the BIOS NVRAM Any suggests on what next to recover my quot bricked quot desktop Andy

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994927
Relevancy 48.59%

I have posted a few questions regarding getting samsung 950 pro (NVME M.2 ssd) to be recognized quickly on boot by ENVY 750-170SE cto rom family id #2b4b and it hasn't been resolved.  I am pretty sure that HP will need to create a newer bios than the a.08 version that i have or the lower versioned number a.07 which is available from HP's website (even though it has a newer date than a.08 (this is really strange))  -  How do i go about getting HP to release a beta or final bios that shortens my boot time by 3 minutes?  Am i posting in the wrong area, if so where do i post?  I am not alone with this problem.  see SpearfishX post #21 - and i am unable to post in this forum, it needs to be reopened and addressed - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-750se-capable-of-M-2-NVMe-u...

A:Bios Upgrade on HP Envy 750-170se CTO bios family 2b4b

@FrozenGamer? If your PC takes 3 minutes to boot in a factory condition then you should contact HP support. If your PC is less than 21 days old then quickly return it.  Without any modifications, your PC should be booting up in less than 30 seconds. I haven't seen any official HP posted information that supports NVMe m.2 SSDs.  Run the HP Support Assistant and see if it picks up a later BIOS update. HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-on-HP-Envy-750-170se-CTO-bios-family-2b4b/td-p/5585600
Relevancy 48.59%

Computer won't boot after bios upgrade Quick history- computer was working but was dropped damaging hdd- verified hdd damage by removing it and connecting it to another computer- verified computer hardware still good by booting and using it from ubuntu live cd- purchased SSD- changed Bios HDD support to Legacy mode so I could install w - installed w bit professional- install went great computer booted in windows no lan or wifi yet missing drivers- downloaded drivers and bios update from HP site for my exact machine to USB stick using different machine- installed audio driver- installed bios update did not tamper with machine at all during BIOS update followed instructions exactly- after bios update nbsp s w said bios flash was complete computer just hung for min's- repowered machine only get black screen- holding down F while powering up gets white F BIOS Setup Options text in lower left corner of screen nothing else happens I tried holding the windows bios boot after upgrade bios or no Black menu screen and B key before powering then for a minute after powering several times nothing happened http support hp com us-en document c I repeated that procedure half a dozen times with and without a USB with the BIOS update software on it in a USB slot no difference nbsp nbsp Does my model support this key combination to load deffault BIOS settings nbsp Do I have any other options to unbrick my machine Any Black screen no boot or bios menu after bios upgrade advice is appreciated Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-boot-or-bios-menu-after-bios-upgrade/td-p/5635572
Relevancy 48.59%

Computer failed during upgrade of bios. I have followed all the steps to recover bios: taken out battery, pressed windows + B + power, restore screen appears. Computer goes thru bios restore process and verification. When it gets to the 'count down to windows start up' and 'continue to restart button', the computer freezes and does not restart. I have pressed the continue button, nothing. I have let the count down continue and it stops at 1 then nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-failure-rebooted-bios-no-continue-to-startup/td-p/5763869
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi
I upgraded from vista to win7 and it finished the install perfectly but when it restarted to do the settings it said it couldn't and it was going to rollback all changes but instead it just kept rebooting in a loop.. So now I've got all the backup files named "backup files 1.zip" to "backup files 571.zip" which contain all the data from the vista install in 200mb files and i cant unzip 1 and they all get unzipped and any file bigger than 200mb is shared over a few zips and can't be put back together because it just overwrites the previous 1...

A:Vista to Win7 upgrade fail

What OS does it boot-up with now?

I am unfamiliar at this time with an upgrade producing 571 zip files.

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-to-win7-upgrade-fail-449993.html
Relevancy 48.59%

ok ..I have Motherboard -> ASUS P4P800-X I try to upgrade my processor from Intel P4 1,8Ghz to Intel P4 3,2Ghz but when I mount the new processor my PC doesn't start.

I try the new processor to another PC with the same Motherboard and same Bios Version ..and it works
I try on mine with another Power supply , VGA and Ram but still nothing
could be a fabrication error or something ??

any suggestions ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-try-to-upgrade-my-pc-but-my-new-procesor-fail.952006/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Folks - nbsp fail upgrade nvme - p50 ideas? nbsp Forgive me if I'm missing a post that solves this problem I've found some related but nothing that hits it exactly nbsp nbsp I have a new p and as many have I got a cheap format sata SSD gb gb ram so I could put my own drives in nbsp nbsp I got 'Windows pre-loaded through downgrade rights' so the first thing I did was upgrade back to Windows nbsp nbsp Then I used Macrium to clone the drive to an external SATA box and swapped in TB NVME's from Toshiba OCZ RD nbsp p50 nvme upgrade fail - ideas? nbsp Used Macrium recovery media to clone back to one of the two SSD's and nbsp Nothing nbsp Windows won't start gives error Inaccessible boot device nbsp or words to that effect nbsp nbsp Yet BIOS sees both NVME's and they're in the boot order in the config so nbsp Then I thought OK let's just go straight to clean windows install nbsp I created a windows install media and nbsp Won't install says 'Windows can't be installed to this disk because you can't boot off of this disk please check your bios and make sure that a driver for the device is enabled' nbsp Yet windows installer media sees both and can partition them etc nbsp nbsp As above BIOS sees the NVME's which test out fine in system tests in the startup options nbsp nbsp If I put the old drive back it starts up just fine and indeed will even boot off the USB SATA drive as long as that original Lenovo drive is in there nbsp nbsp Any ideas nbsp Thanks so much nbsp Regards nbsp nbsp Eric nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/p50-nvme-upgrade-fail-ideas/td-p/3421342
Relevancy 48.59%

I ran upgrade assistant to upgrade from windows to I had paid for my Power during upgrade fail assistant upgrade and assistant was downloading my Power fail during upgrade assistant upgrade It had got to but was taking for ever due to my poor bandwidth I live in the boondocks in Thailand I left my computer running and went to bed big mistake The next morning I found that we had had a power failure during the night I could not find my upgrade and running assistant again seems to want me to pay again I don't know if everything downloaded before the power outage how do I recover my upgrade Do I have to start again If I do have to start again how it seems that I am going senile After turning my C drive inside out searching for the assistant I found a little shortcut on my desktop called install Windows as I hadn't seen this before I looked at its properties to find that it started the next stage of the upgrade I now feel so stupid

A:Power fail during upgrade assistant

Go to your E-mail from Microsoft again, the one titled: Thanks for ordering Windows 8 (order # xxxxxxxxxx).

Click on the word here in this paragraph:

This is your receipt - make sure to print or save a copy for your records.
If you need to download Windows, write down your new product key and enter it here.

That will open the download window as follows:

Make sure you you follow to path to create media for installation at a later date, either DVD or a flash drive so you'll never have to do this again.

That same E-mail has a line near the bottom like this:

To always have the software as physical backup media at hand, order your personal backup DVD now. If your download link is so bad, perhaps that is a better way to get it.

Also shown here: How to redownload your Windows 8 Upgrade setup D/L.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18810-power-fail-during-upgrade-assistant.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Folks - nbsp nbsp Forgive me if I'm missing a post that solves this problem I've found some nvme p50 fail ideas? - upgrade related but nothing that hits it exactly nbsp nbsp I have a new p and as many have I got a cheap format sata SSD gb gb ram so I could put my own drives in nbsp nbsp I got 'Windows pre-loaded through downgrade rights' so the first thing I did was upgrade back to Windows nbsp nbsp Then I p50 nvme upgrade fail - ideas? used Macrium to clone p50 nvme upgrade fail - ideas? the drive to an external SATA box and swapped in TB NVME's from Toshiba OCZ RD nbsp nbsp Used Macrium recovery media to clone back to one of the two SSD's and nbsp Nothing nbsp Windows won't start gives error Inaccessible boot device nbsp or words to that effect nbsp nbsp Yet BIOS sees both NVME's and they're in the boot order in the config so nbsp Then I thought OK let's just go straight to clean windows install nbsp I created a windows install media and nbsp Won't install says 'Windows can't be installed to this disk because you can't boot off of this disk please check your bios and make sure that a driver for the device is enabled' nbsp Yet windows installer media sees both and can partition them etc nbsp nbsp As above BIOS sees the NVME's which test out fine in system tests in the startup options nbsp nbsp If I put the old drive back it starts up just fine and indeed will even boot off the USB SATA drive as long as that original Lenovo drive is in there nbsp nbsp Any ideas nbsp Thanks so much nbsp Regards nbsp nbsp Eric nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/p50-nvme-upgrade-fail-ideas/td-p/3421342
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all Hope you re enjoying your Memorial Day weekend I was until I decided to do an upgrade to Windows from Windows It seems to be functioning normally The only problem I m having is with my display settings I m using a Vizio quot tv as my monitor connected via an HDMI cable Everything was working perfectly before the upgrade but now I can t get a window to open up to the full size of my screen I ve gone through the process of attempting to update my graphics drivers but get the message that the best drivers are already installed I ve got my display settings as high as they ll go - x Hopefully I ve explained my problem clearly Is there anything I can do or am I going to have upgrade Solved: 8.1 Windows fail to live with this Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD E - APU with Solved: Windows 8.1 upgrade fail Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway SX G Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I tried upgrading my Windows 7 build 7000 x64 to build 7068 x64. Some time into the upgrade and error message appeared saying that a file failed to install and thus the upgrade was unsuccessful. If it is something wrong with my iso image of 7068 please direct me to where I can get a good copy of 7068 via private message or in a reply to this post.

If you guys need the exact error code I can run the install again but I'm not going to if I don't have to.

Intel Core 2 Q6600 @3.0 ghz
EVGA nForce 790i ultra sli
Corsair XMS3 4094MB PC10600 DDR3 1333MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

EDIT: Solved, just had to run the install from a disc instead of a virtual drive

A:upgrade from 7000 to 7068 FAIL

If you had a working copy of the 7000 on you may have elected to install the 7068 to another drive or partition or simply wipe the 7000 primary to see a clean install of the 7068 build. The upgrading from one build to the next can pose problems especially when trying it with beta versions of an OS.

As far as any leaks you have to run your own web search for the most part along with looking out for "fakes". You are always taking a gamble with any torrent sites to start with. The exact error code provided here would certainly be more usefull since it may be pointing to another problem other then incompatibility issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/6437-upgrade-7000-7068-fail.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I tried upgrading my lenovo laptop yesterday from Windows 7 to 10 it failed twice with a pop up saying "Drive where windows installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." Can someone point me in the right direction where to do so?

A:Windows 10 upgrade fail on Y570

I have same problem with my lenovo y570 when I try to upgrade it to windows 10

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Windows-10-upgrade-fail-on-Y570/td-p/2130677
Relevancy 48.59%

Power failed at 52% file completion and 15% install. This was done in a wifi residence... no network cable. Is there an accepted path to power on and continue? This is an Asus Windows 7 home premium x64 machine. Can one proceed by downloading install files to a USB? Hoping for an informed reply to continue with the install

A:Power fail during Windows 10 upgrade

If you upgraded to Windows 10 less then a month ago and still have the Windows.old folder you can downgrade back to your older OS by going to Start > Settings > Update & Recovery > Recovery > Go back to Windows 7/8 depending what you upgraded from

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34070-power-fail-during-windows-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Just upgraded to Win8 Pro last night by wi-fi. Cannot access internet router via ethernet cable. Cannot access wireless either.

Using Network & Internet troubleshooting for Internet Connections, I get:

Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not Fixed X
"Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not Fixed X

If I do a ifconfig, I see that LAN has its media disconnected. But not wireless.

HP Pavillion dv1190us Notebook PC.

A:Wireless Ethernet Fail after Win 8 Pro Upgrade

can we see the ipconfig /all - see below

you could try a tcp/ip reset - see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-ethernet-fail-after-win-8-pro-upgrade.1080677/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I gathered some money to Solved: Upgrade Fail. Boot PC upgrade my computer My old rig specs were GFX Radeon HD Case Raidmax Solved: PC Upgrade Boot Fail. Sagitta PSU Raidmax W PSU that came with the case Motherboard h m-s pv CPU Intel Core i k RAM gb Hard Drive GB WD Blue I bought this PC from a local store already built so I know the parts don t suit each other well I recently bought a Gigabyte Radeon r x Arctic Freezer Evga G W Gold certified WD Blue TB I installed everything correctly plugged everything from PSU in where it s supposed to go DVI cable in GFX When I tried booting my system I got no monitor response whatsoever no sound no display no nothing I contacted a friend who is good at tech and he told me to uninstall GFX drivers from my which I did using my Onboard graphics and also all AMD software I even went into the BIOS menu and made sure my card was using the PCI slot by changing the option from quot auto quot I disabled integrated graphics and still no monitor response after boot I tried using my old and that booted fine so I didn t break anything while upgrading I know my motherboard is not great but I currently do not have the money to upgrade both a CPU and board However this card should be compatible with this old motherboard Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could possibly get my card working I would greatly appreciate it Otherwise I might just be unlucky and stuck with a faulty card nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Okay so here is the whole situation st i was using windows vista x bit New Fail Upgrade Windows help Motherboard Please until recently i replaced my motherboard seeing as the previous crashed i bought a gigabyte x UD R and x GB DDR memory sticks with replacing the motherboard i was told i would need to reinstall windows seeing as that the mother board hard drive etc all came together because i bought the computer straight off the factory so with replacing my motherboard and memory i don't have a windows vista x bit disk to quot reinstall windows quot so i just bought windows upgrade disk hoping that i New Motherboard Fail Windows Upgrade Please help could just instal windows with the upgrade disk But when i load the disk i click on custom advanced installation and the installation begins it completes quot expanding files quot then installing updates etc then restarts After my computer restarts it comes right back to the windows installation screen again and ask me to reinstall windows AGAIN and this is on going repeating itself over and over and over until my hard drive is full I just formatted my hard drives to get all my space back but i want to know why my computer isn't booting windows when it says it's been installed It seems as if it is only booting off of my CD DVD drive and i don't know what to do please help

A:New Motherboard Fail Windows Upgrade Please help

If you manually changed your boot order to boot from the CD/DVD first, you have to switch it back to the hard drive on the first reboot. You only want to boot from the CD/DVD once to start the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/154668-new-motherboard-fail-windows-upgrade-please-help.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay so I am a college student. I bought a windows anytime upgrade key for Home Premium to Professional. I need it for the classes I am taking. Only when I enter the product key it validates then I press upgrade and a few seconds later it says it was unsuccessful. Following that it says that my key doesn't work for windows anytime upgrade and to enter a different code. The key is specifically for upgrading through windows anytime upgrade from Home Premium to Professional. I am quite frustrated

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade to Pro Fail

Nevermind. I went to restart my computer to try again, and it started upgrading. After I ran dxdiag to make sure it is now Windows Professional...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250989-windows-anytime-upgrade-pro-fail.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello. My aspire 4752g wont boot after the bios update was interrupted. I just finished formatting my laptop and decided to reinstall the drivers but ended up i flashed the bios instead. As i was updating the bios, it stays in "blank screen" for quite a long time and i was so worried that i decided to force shutdown the laptop. When i try to boot it again, it stays in 'blank screen' with power indicator on and fan running. Are there any solution for my problem? Pls help me. Im using windows 7 home premium with 4GB x 2 sticks of RAM installed. Thank you in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Aspire-4752G-wont-boot-after-a-fail-BIOS-update/td-p/462087
Relevancy 48.16%

hi there, i am fixing a friends old computer and the hdd was stuffed so i got a new maxtor diamondmax 9 for it. although once installing it i found out that it would only run in udma2 mode (checked it in another computer and it ran at full udma6)
so i suspect that the current bios cannot support udma5 or 6, so i am looking for a bios upgrade for it.
the bios string is 6A69RPRDC-00, the number on the actual motherboard is 35-C960-00-05
thanks for any help, i am really hoping i can make this board work at udma5 at least and not have to settle for udma2.
thanks again
-Moltenz

ps. i just found this
AM-960
04/19/2001-i815-ITE87X2-6A69RPRDC-00 ITE87X2 + Winbond-W39A
at http://www.plasma-online.de/english/identify/serial/mainboard/mb_aristo.html
if that is any help.

A:help with updating bios. cannot find bios upgrade - 6A69RPRDC-00

WOW..............

Old Machines.....(just like me... but can still perform to the max lol)

I your Bios has the option of udma up to 6 then generally the bios supports the Mode! and your problem is that the HDD does not support the mode (cant remember if you said it does).

You are probably using wrong criteria for bios upgrade search.
Try WWW.driverguide,com

You Need the MB's Manufacturers Name or at least the MB Chipset and bios Manufacturers Name as well. go to the Computers muanufacturers website (you probably done that already) and search model.

otherwise Download a System info utility from Tech Spot, I use SiSoft Sandra or AIDA32.. (sandra might cause bluescreen on older machines).. Aida problably will have link direct to bios update site. hope this was of some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-updating-bios-cannot-find-bios-upgrade-6a69rprdc-00.42513/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have the Dell Inspiron desktop with bit Vista and attempted to update the Dell NOT Vista DO Bit Inspiron BIOS 64 v1.0.7 518 UPGRADE BIOS BIOS to version last evening nbsp I closed all open programs disabled anti-virus and ran the BIOS update as administrator nbsp The update began and asked if I would like to update from version to and I clicked on the update button nbsp The BIOS flash began by deleting the previous BIOS and then attempted to install the new BIOS but produced nbsp an error message similar to quot error writing BIOS to block quot an the only option was to cancel the update nbsp I knew I did not have any BIOS installed at that point but my computer was still operating so I made an additional attempt to re-download the BIOS and re-install it nbsp No good it would not Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS even run now nbsp There was no turning back and no way to reinstall either the previous BIOS or the new one nbsp Eventually I tried to restart the computer and it would not start nbsp Dell is sending a tech next week to replace the motherboard on this otherwise great computer that is only about two months old DO NOT Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS upgrade the BIOS on a Inspiron with Bit Vista to version nbsp The upgrade does not work and will kill your motherboard Art

A:Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS

No it happened to me too.  Dell is replacing the motherboard under warranty but I was told somewhat firmly not to update the BIOS unless advised by a technican.  In my defense the BIOS update was listed as "recommended" under the download section for this unit on the Dell support website.
I would recommend to avoid two phone calls (over 40 minutes each) to tech support and several days waiting for a new motherboard, not to update the BIOS at this time.
Thankfully it is being covered under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19264970
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear All I have a question regarding BIOS upgrades as well as downgrades First about downgrading BIOS is it a safe thing to do If not then what makes it not safe I have Dell Inspiron M with the latest BIOS A Not happy with this one due to high pitch sounds coming from of upgrade down know BIOS Is safe? do downgrading if How of BIOS successful is or you the top right hand corner of the laptop It s been suggested that I downgrade only a couple of revisions back namely to either A or A However Ive been getting conflicting reports about the Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful safety of downgrading from Dell Tech Support Some say that it s not done at all others say that as long as it s only to downgrade back to a couple of previous versions then risks are not as high as going all the way back to a really early version such as A etc The risks I m told is in the performance Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful of hard disks Apparently if you downgrade to a really early version such as A then problems will arise though I m not sure what the exact problems are Moreover there are those who say that there is no procedure for downgrading Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful and that it is never suggested to anyone to downgrade their BIOS The notion that it becomes riskier as you downgrade back to a really early version of BIOS such as A baffles me because in my case prior to doing any kind of updating for BIOS on my laptop I had version A and have not had any kind of improvements enhancements done to my computer whatsoever in other words my computer is the same as when I got it last year in terms of hardware In terms of software I have not changed my OS of Windows XP home edition with SP I only added iTunes Firefox Thunderbird plus software for a corded keyboard Therefore the claim that reverting to a really early version of BIOS such as A would pose a greater risk than reverting back to A or A does not make sense for my computer worked fine with A and I have not changed any of my hardware My reason for upgrading is because Dell Support software popped up in the bottom right hand corner saying I needed to upgrade my BIOS to A so I did that then discovered after that there was a critical update of A which I installed as well and which I have currently Another question I have is this how do you know for sure that an upgrade or downgrade was successful Although I have yet to do any downgrading when I updated my BIOS to A then to A the download for these two files went fine I did not get any error messages Even after I flashed the BIOS with A and A I got a message saying that the update was successful However is it possible that even with a message saying that an update was successful that there may be some glitch and that the BIOS was NOT updated properly I ask such a question because ever since upgrading to A I ve been getting a high pitched sound from the top right hand corner of my laptop The noise is not consistent in a sense that it was always present just after updating to A but now it is only present when I first power the computer on after it s been shut off completely and when I put into Standby then come out of it the noise always disappears Thank you for your time and any help you can provide me with Sincerely Lavender PS I would also like to add that with all the Tech Support I spoke to at Dell except for one guy they were all very hesitant if not down right against downgrading What makes downgrading so dangerous risky As I understand it upgrading or downgrading BIOS is about erasing the previous version of BIOS and installing another version If that is the case then the process for downgrading and upgrading would be the same for flash BIOS would it not If so why is upgrading OK to do but downgrading is something not done and is considered quot forced quot Isn t upgrading quot forced... Read more

A:Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-downgrading-of-bios-safe-how-do-you-know-if-down-or-upgrade-of-bios-is-successful.597666/
Relevancy 48.16%

I updated the bios after I had notified from Toshiba about the Bios v3.50. The process was done by the Toshiba Utility software, and after the reboot there is "Password =" on a blank screen and it not recognise my BIOS password, writing "Not certified".

I have also tried the HDD password but no luck.

What can I do now?

A:Satellite Z30-A-12R BIOS password not recognised after BIOS upgrade

Hi

Before trying to update the BIOS, all passwords should be removed!
BIOS password can be removed by authorized service provider available in your country.

But the unknown HDD password cannot be removed anymore.
In such case the HDD isn?t accessible and cannot be used.

Sorry mate but in my opinion you have only one chance to get the BIOS password removed; you need the ASP assistance.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77914-Satellite-Z30-A-12R-BIOS-password-not-recognised-after-BIOS-upgrade
Relevancy 48.16%

Looking for help on this issue with Lenovos we are a reseller and evey Lenovo we sell that we have to upgrade the HD to SSD we are not able to make recover disks or USB that work and we have to order the media from Lenovo and that takes weeks so far this happens on m700 M83 M73 t450 t460 t440 and that is just this week  I know i can use Acronois to image this but must be a better way to do this  any ideas?

lenovoJPG.JPG ?2073 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/M900-Tiny-Recovery-fail-after-SSD-upgrade/td-p/3453310
Relevancy 48.16%

TLDR Had Windows attempted upgrade to Windows upgrade failed Laptop won't boot Getting error that Interwebs indicates is an AVG anti-virus issue with W upgrade AVG recommendation is to rename avg system files and try boot again fail; avgidsha.sys No to 8.1 boot; upgrade 10 Windows I can't access the file system of the hard drive to make the changes to the files Also I would like to access the file system to backup Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade fail; No boot; avgidsha.sys the existing data files Long story below Lenovo G laptop Was running Windows Upgrade to Windows attempted I wasn't there for this part but I was told the laptop took a long time and rebooted a few times but then eventually it comes up to this error Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code xc You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't ahve any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administration or PC manufacturer Press Enter to try again Press F for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings If I press Enter I the computer reboots and within a few seconds comes back to this Recovery The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors File WINDOWS system DRIVERS avgidsha sys Error code xc You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't ahve any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administration or PC manufacturer Press Enter to try again Press F for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings Googling this info I have found this https support avg com SupportArticleView l en US amp urlName Disabling-AVG-when-Windows-cannot-start that indicates I should go into the file system and modify the filenames Using the AVG Rescue CD USB did not work With the USB inserted the system would only boot up to the error F gives me options about debugging boot logging low-res video safe mode blah blah blah But every option I select just sends me back to the avgidsha sys error message Pressing Esc goes back to the error message If I press F and ignore the options but press Esc there I get Windows Boot Manager that tells me to choose an OS to start My only option is Windows OR I can select Windows Memory Diagnostic If I select Windows the computer reboots and takes me back to the error message On the select OS screen if I press Esc to cancel it shows me the following error Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click Next Click Repair your computer If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File WINDOWS system DRIVERS avgidsha sys Status xc Info The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors I have tried booting to a recovery USB and CD but neither options works I have tried entering the system bios but I am never presented with a message to press a key to enter BIOS I have tried repeatedly pressing F F F F Esc Del Nothing works Lenovo has a OneKey Rescue System button or a Novo Button that I can press when the system is off and the system will power up to a DOS style Novo Button Menu that presents options Normal Startup BIOS Setup Boot Menu System Recovery Normal Startup BIOS Setup and Boot menu all do the same thing Nothing They all just go to the error message System Recovery takes me to a OneKey Recovery Version that provides me the option to Restore from initial backup The system partition will be restored to the initial status or Restore from user's backup of which I have none There is also a warning message that states When you restore your system partition all the data created after the selected restoration point is deleted if it wasn't backed up With ... Read more

A:Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade fail; No boot; avgidsha.sys

Hey...  I was able to access the drive when connected via the USB hard drive cradle on the latest version of Ubuntu.  The older version of Ubuntu only showed the drive but gave me no options to access it.

It appears that the drive might be failing.  I was able to copy the data I wanted.  I was also able to modify the avg system files as directed in the AVG support link provided in my previous post.  However, the system will still not boot.  Now it gets me back to essentially the same place as before but now it balks at file avgboot.sys or something like that.  However, this file was renamed in the earlier step, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Anyway, I got my data and suspect the drive is failing, so I'm just going to replace the drive and install Windows 10 fresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617436/windows-81-to-10-upgrade-fail;-no-boot;-avgidshasys/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am resurrecting my Aspire X1200 for a friend's kid. Everytime I attempt to upgrade from Vista to Win 7 Home 64 bit, gets mostly through then blue screens, dumps, rolls back & blows the network on it's way down. I have gutted, cleaned, reinstalled, & updated...three times, no joy.  Only incompatibility listed is NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller...I have updated, disabled, and outright uninstalled the thing to no avail.  PLEASE HELP before I simply take a hammer and make it fit.....

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Aspire-X1200-Upgrade-from-Vista-to-Win-7-FAIL-repeatedly/td-p/376542/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys nbsp I have just had my computer in for repairs and the ssd disk wont boot ha... fail Windows 10 - upgrade just V3-772 was changed I was running windows before and everything was perfect until an update ruined it all Long story wont go into that nbsp Anyway so i unstall all my software and do an update to windows All the preps and so seems to go fine Then it reboots and is stuck Never moves I see faint HDD activity but i let it run for hours and still nothing still gangs in the acer boot window It is after the bios load because i can access that if i am fast and press f nbsp After a while i gave up and thought perhaps it was just a fluke so i used my recovery dvd's and reinstalled my system and office and outlook and After about hours installation my system was ready to go So i decided lets try again And yet again same failure Simply hangs with the Acer Logo nbsp I called Microsoft and the told me to do a startup repair However that is not possible i can get it into the repair mode but none of the functions work So they said it V3-772 Windows 10 upgrade fail - wont boot just ha... was a hardware thing but everywhere i look it states the v - should have no problem with the windows nbsp I am normally quite good at fixing my own problems but in order to fix a problem i need an error or errorcode or something to go from Does anyone have any idea what to do

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-772-Windows-10-upgrade-fail-wont-boot-just-hangs-with-the/td-p/460673
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to apply SP2 to my sister's XP desktop system - that had been loaded with spyware and viruses that I removed with spybot and avg - but as soon as the CD content extraction completes, I get a fatal stop - saying File Not found. I chose to try the SP2 disk because the regular Microsoft site Windows Update failed as well (didn't even do the system scan - just said can't do it). Is there some way around this mess without reloading the operating system ? (Of course, she can't find her WinXP CD!).

A:WinXP SP2 Upgrade Fail - File not found

Hmmm, I am led to think you may have a problem outside of a Win problem, have you checked cables and hardware out?

The easiest course would be a re-install, but A)No disk, B)might be hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-sp2-upgrade-fail-file-not-found.406947/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am resurrecting my Aspire X1200 for a friend's kid. Everytime I attempt to upgrade from Vista to Win 7 Home 64 bit, gets mostly through then blue screens, dumps, rolls back & blows the network on it's way down. I have gutted, cleaned, reinstalled, & updated...three times, no joy.  Only incompatibility listed is NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller...I have updated, disabled, and outright uninstalled the thing to no avail.  PLEASE HELP before I simply take a hammer and make it fit.....

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Aspire-X1200-Upgrade-from-Vista-to-Win-7-FAIL-repeatedly/td-p/376542
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi nbsp The OS was initially select Windows pro downgrade from Windows from delivery nbsp fail Recovery Tiny M900 after - SSD upgrade I created the recovery CD DVDs immediately after I have the machine then I installed my newly purchased M SSD SATA removed the stock HDD trying to use the external DVD drive with the recovery CD DVD to recovery the system nbsp The boot was success and I select the M900 Tiny - Recovery fail after SSD upgrade language click agree then it shows Recoevery fail in window Product recovery nbsp Trying to do some configuration in BIOS such as switching the boot option from UEFI first to Legancy first and vise versa Make sure the secure boot has been selected to disabled change the boot sequence but none of them works nbsp I also have a SATA SSD so I install it in slot removed the M one trying use the receovery disc it shows Recovery fail at exactly the same position nbsp Just for curious I removed all the harddisk and use recovery disc to take a try it shows the exactly same error message at same step so I assume the R amp R can't find my SSD properly but my SSD was shown in BIOS as well as the boot sequence menu nbsp To make sure that my recovery disc is functional I put back the original stock HDD back and use disc to boot the system and it successfully passed the roadblock so it works nbsp No I am totally confusing since the same BIOS option was selected same procedure has been followed how comes the R amp R disc can only works on the original hard drive nbsp PS nbsp The attempts that I had done so far nbsp Use diskpart to convert partition to GPT not worked nbsp Use diskpart to clean the disk not worked nbsp Use Win disc with Intel USB driver can install the operation system without any issue but I want the OEM one nbsp Any one has any idea to solve this issue nbsp nbsp Mod nbsp nbsp edited titel for greater clarity Solved Go to Solution

A:M900 Tiny - Recovery fail after SSD upgrade

After spend more than 50 Man-Hours on this issue, now I finally solved it out. Here is the way I made it: Go get a copy of Acronis True Image 2016, I was using the edition 19.0.6571, use the disk edition to boot the machine, then select the original disk as source disk, use the newly added SSD as destination disk. Click process, then mess around for a while till it shows up "finish". Remove the external disk drive, the original HDD, leave the SSD inside. Start up, and everything you need is there. And, for unknown reason, once you finish all above, then press F11 during system boot, the R&R works perfect. PS.I didn't try the R&R disk at this moment, probably it still won't works. Anyway, thanks to the amazing Acronis True Image, now the issue has been solved. Cheers!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M900-Tiny-Recovery-fail-after-SSD-upgrade/td-p/3359192
Relevancy 48.16%

My new download/upgrade from windows media player 9 to 10 completed, but the new copy of WMP hangs at my music library. When I try to reinstall it, it gives me the message that it couldn't complete the installation.

Any Ideas on how to get a working copy of WMP?

A:Upgrade from WMP 9 to 10 corrupted, subsequent reinstallations fail

Try totally uninstalling it and then downloading and running the stand alone installer
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx

IF it still fails to install you may need to run the microsoft windows installer cleanup utility.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
Run it and only cleanup the WMP installer files.

More info on its use here
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MSICLEAN.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/upgrade-from-wmp-9-to-10-corrupted-subsequent-reinstallations-fail-73807.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 for a while now, but I keep getting the error code 8004100E. Windows update seems to think it is downloading fine, but when it restarts in order to configure the windows 10 update, it just boots windows 7 as normal.

I've tried deleting everything in the softwaredistribution downloads folder, but that doesn't seem to help.
I've also tried using the windows 10 media creation tool to download it and create an iso, but this also fails.

I've noticed that when windows update thinks that the upgrade has downloaded and ready to be installed that there is only about 450mb in the downloads folder of C:windows/softwaredistribution where I figure it should be closer to 3GB.

Thanks in advance for the help!

A:Upgrade to Windows 10 fail. Error 8004100E

Having the same issue myself

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377817-upgrade-windows-10-fail-error-8004100e.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Asus Portable Sonicmaster Second_Boot Fail/Error Upgrade Anniversary V CA Win upgraded to Win version latest version as of yesterday Yesterday the computer downloaded and attempted to Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error install Hung for several hours at a black screen with white dots going in circle prior to any login In other words no login Did some research here and pressed the boot button Long story short computer finally went to quot restoring your previous version of windows quot which it did Today Tues Sep did more research and used media creation tool to download to usb and booted the computer from that to install Same results as above Got the version restored Tried again with fast boot software and bios turned off Same results as Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error above except this time I did get this message quot xC - x install failed in the SECOND BOOT phase with an error during boot operation quot I have looked that up all instructions relate to upgrade to I have the latest Bios for this computer I have yet to try with wifi internet off Have upgraded to the lastest video driver - Intel HD Graphics driver with a generic pnp monitor The computer now just did updates for and my winver is - Have not yet tried another upgrade because these updates started Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks

A:Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error

Facing exactly the same issue....anybody?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/63578-anniversary-upgrade-second_boot-fail-error.html