Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 "a patch is preventing the system from starting" error code 0x490

Q: Windows 7 "a patch is preventing the system from starting" error code 0x490

I have a Windows 7 machine.
It was working fine.
Now it will not boot.
When I try system repair, it says:
Root cause found
A patch is preventing the system from starting.
Repair action: System file integrity cheack and repair
Result: Failed. Error code 0x490

I have tried doing safe mode, last known good configuration etc and nothing works
Also, I tried to restore to an early checkpoint, but it claims that none exist, even thought I know we save restore points.

Please advise?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d7febc3-8d42-4f90-9c82-f44a1b6eadc5/windows-7-quota-patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-startingquot-error-code-0x490?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 "a patch is preventing the system from starting" error code 0x490

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 101.06%

I recently had to replace some bad memory which caused my home built system to fail to boot into Windows I have a dual-boot XP on one HD and Win on a separate HD The system has been running smoothly for more than a year until the failed RAM module I can boot into XP but not into Win 490 A 0 starting the from x patch Error - system code preventing is = not even Safe Mode On startup it fails to boot into Windows I get A patch is preventing the system from starting - Error code = 0 x 490 quot Windows Error Recovery quot with options Launch Startup Repair recommended and Start Windows Normally When A patch is preventing the system from starting - Error code = 0 x 490 I choose Launch Setup Repair it says it cannot repair this computer automatically The Problem Details are Problem Even Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Problem Signatuer AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadPatch OS Version Locale ID I hit Finish then it shuts down Then I boot into the system DVD and selected Repair your computer which gives me the System Recovery Options I selected Startup Repair and every test was completed successfully with a x except one and it said Root cause found A patch is preventing the system from starting Repair action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error code x The odd thing is when I repeat this test this same error code appears but later on it also says Root cause found Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem I tried quot bootrec fixmbr quot and quot bootrec fixboot quot and got quot The operation completed successfully messages quot for both but they didn't work I also tried quot bootsect nt SYS mbr quot and got the message quot Successfully updated NTFS filesystem bootcode Successfully updated disk bootcode quot I also ran quot bootrec scanos quot and quot bootrec rebuildbcd quot from the command prompt and got the message quot Total identified Windows installations quot Could this be my problem That even though Windows is listed above as quot recovered quot in the Windows RE that maybe Windows is just corrupted beyond repair I'm hoping that's not the case In addition this issue has wiped all my restore points as well as system images Any held would be greatly appreciated

A:A patch is preventing the system from starting - Error code = 0 x 490

I suspect that since you have a dual boot setup, the wrong partition may be marked active. Please run the command prompt in System Recovery Options and type Diskpart. Typelist diskand take note of the disk number that contains your operating system. Then typeselect disk *where * should be replaced with the appropriate disk number. Typelist partitionand post back what the list gives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224789-patch-preventing-system-starting-error-code-0-x-490-a.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi, All.
Have a problem with Windows 7 RTM. Been running it since it came out, updating patches automagically along the way. Has been very stable, etc. Noticed a few days ago that windows wanted me to install patches at shutdown, and I didn't have time to do it, so I skipped it for a few days. Last night I shut it down and when I tried to use it later, it hung on the black "Starting Windows" screen. System restore won't roll it back and repair from the install dvd won't work either. In the diagnosis and repair details, I get the following line buried within the logfile:

A patch is preventing the system from starting

No other info is provided. Any ideas where to go from here? I hate to sound like an end-user, but it worked fine yesterday (and the last several weeks), and doesn't today.

Thanks,
Andrew
(Frustrated System Admin)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-patch-preventing-system-from-starting-430354.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 106.21%

I have a Lenovo G hasn't been able to start Windows After I boot it it goes through a screen that shows 'Windows Loading' and now will not start windows When I press F on startup it fails to boot into Windows I get quot Windows Error Recovery quot with options preventing starting A is system the patch from Launch Startup Repair recommended and Start Windows Normally When I choose Launch Setup Repair it says it cannot repair this computer automatically The Problem Details are quot Startup Repair cannot repair cannot repair this computer automatically Sending more information can help Microsoft create solutions - gt Send information about this problem recommended - gt Dont Send V View problem details quot problemsignature Problem event name startup repair offline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature Unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature BadPatch OS version Locale ID Also in Startup Repair A patch is preventing the system from starting diagnosis and repair log it showed me some tests performed and at the end A patch is preventing the system from starting gave me this message Root cause found ------------------------- A patch is preventing the system from starting Repair action System Restore Result Failed Error code x f Time taken ms Repair action System files integrity check and repair Result failed Error code x Time taken ms In the system recover options i choose quot System Restore quot it ran through some files when i hit finish laptop restarted came through the same problem earlier screen showing 'Windows Loading' and is stuck there

A:A patch is preventing the system from starting

Welcome to the forums venkat!

Have you tried a Clean Boot to try and isolate the problem? We have many excellent tutorials here at the forums, heres one on how to do that if you haven't before. Just click on the link : Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Have you considered a repair install? Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322695-patch-preventing-system-starting.html
Relevancy 106.21%

Hi this is the second time I have this problem I have an HP pavillion dv laptop It had windows vista bits when it happened first I was watching a video from an external HD when the video froze and everything froze too I waited for starting your from A is preventing system patch a while but nothing happened and ctrl alt supr didn't work either so I turned it off and restarted Then it loaded the start page but it went black and didn't start I attempted windows repair and it said it couldn't be repaired automaticaly I resarched the error codes on the internet but I got many possible causes and I had no time and I was afraid I would make things worse so I took my laptop to a technician I explained everything I knew to him and I thought he would know how to fix it or at least research and come up with an answer but he had no clue He told me he thought the HD was broken A patch is preventing your system from starting and didn't run and some of my info was lost in the place were the HD had this failure That didn't make much sense to me but oh well He wiped everything off and re installed windows This time he put windows ultimate bits So my laptop was back again and it worked but for some reason even though my things weren't in there anymore they kept using space and I had only very little space left to reinstall all programs and get back to work Except for that everything was working normally but then now a week later I decided to watch a movie from the external HD again and ZAZ got the same problem all over again now my computer is once again unable to load widonws and to repair itself and I don't know what to do It says Root cause found A patch is preventing your system from starting error code x I really need to get back to work so I hope someone can help There most be someone who knows how to fix this but is not very likely anyone who knows will read this Or at least not in time Anyways is worth the try

A:A patch is preventing your system from starting

I suggest running Command Prompt from the repair menu and then Check Disk:
1. Insert the Windows 7 Disc and boot from it.
2. In the recovery menu, choose Command Prompt .
3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Chkdsk /r /f

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168788-patch-preventing-your-system-starting.html
Relevancy 106.21%

The Vista bit Operating System is stuck in a boot loop I have ran chkdk f r and everything is fine I also starting Patch preventing the from is System did the following bcdedit Patch is preventing the System from starting export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd Then I select the OS on partition and everything should work fine The mbr had been fixed and the also fixboot with still no luck I am able to use the cmd exe tool within the vista recovery disc and can see the latest updates in the C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download folder There is an event log file and it shows the latest updates were Windows Defender I am not sure how to delete the updates patches I read up a little and tried a similiar task by accessing the windows winsxs and deleting the pending xml file but there is no pending xml file This is really got me stumped I do not want to do a fresh install Any ideas on how to remedy this Thanks

A:Patch is preventing the System from starting

Please do not start new topics for the same problem. Be patient and someone should reply to your original topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic369822.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369911/patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-starting/
Relevancy 106.21%

Toshiba laptop running Vista sp I can't get Windows from starting is preventing patch bad system Vista to finish loading I haven't added any hardware recently Software yes updates yes After the BSOD which flashes by too fast for me to read I ran the Startup Repair option then it says quot The system could not repair the startup problem quot and posts a message at the end of the repair log that said quot A bad patch is preventing the system from starting quot When I select Start Windows Normally it simply reboots without even making it to the logon screen I tried to boot in safe mode but loads only as far as crcdisk sys and then restarts I bad patch is preventing system from starting tried going into Advanced and using System Restore but it tells me that there are no restore points I can get to the command prompt and other drive partitions I don't have backup or install Cd's or DVD's I only have whatever Toshiba put in a partition on the drive

A:bad patch is preventing system from starting

Is this a new lap top?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314918/bad-patch-is-preventing-system-from-starting/
Relevancy 106.21%

Windows 7 machine says a patch is preventing the system from starting. There are no system restore points either. System restore error code 0x0.
I found another tread here http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/971290-patch-preventing-system-starting-no.html but no fix to this issue...

A:A patch is preventing the system from starting

Martygg

Before advice is offered on this problem

Please respond to your other topic
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1083233-external-monitor-not-working.html

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-starting.1083343/
Relevancy 106.21%

I've had trouble with my machine starting. I've done all the advice the 7 Forum suggests, running start up 3 times...etc and it will work for a day or two, then not start. Then if I hit the reset button a couple of times, it will go into the start up repair and I end up with this message:
Repair Action/ System files Integrity check and repair
Result Failed / Error code = 0x490
Time Taken / 700863 ms
I've run sfc from an elevated window and it says everything is fine.
Anybody got any suggestions?

A:Trouble Starting (Error Code = 0x490)

Hello rnuhouse take a look at this - Windows 7 Startup Problem - Error code 0x490

One other thing you could try is SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker but it might not do anything but heck what ave you got to lose?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273777-trouble-starting-error-code-0x490.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I've had trouble with my machine starting. I've done all the advice the 7 Forum suggests, running start up 3 times...etc and it will work for a day or two, then not start. Then if I hit the reset button a couple of times, it will go into the start up repair and I end up with this message:
Repair Action/ System files Integrity check and repair
Result Failed / Error code = 0x490
Time Taken / 700863 ms
I've run sfc from an elevated window and it says everything is fine.
Anybody got any suggestions?

A:Trouble Starting (Error Code = 0x490)

Hi and welcome to SF,

Firstly Im no expert on BSOD but I maybe able to point you in the right direction.

Both crashes are relating to your DirectX Graphics MMS

Quote:
BugCheck 50
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys

DirectX Graphics MMS which is a windows update. (check to see if windows update has updated this?)

Have you recently updated your graphics drivers?

I would suggest that you roll any ATI Graphic drivers back if recently updated by yourself? Or check Windows Updates for DirectX.

But first you will need to get the computer started, have you tried a system restore from Safe-mode to before the problem began? May help you get up and running.....choose Option 2 from the following link:

Safe Mode

Good luck and post back any progress

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273780-trouble-starting-error-code-0x490.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi I have a Toshiba r - PT E work laptop It is running Windows x Enterprise It has one GB stick of ram which is PC Windows Windows" getting Laptop "Error or hangs at "Starting 0xC0000225" works fine with this I have obtained a GB stick of ram which is PC With just this one in Windows works fine However if I have BOTH sticks put in the BIOS recognises that there is GB installed but Windows fails to boot It gets stuck at the quot Starting Windows quot screen If I restart it asks me if I want to start windows normally or to run the Windows repair If I try that I get the message quot Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225" Error xc The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I tried using a Windows System Restore disc but that doesnt work If I try either of the sticks in the laptop one at a time then Windows boots up fine Is this just down to the laptop not being compatible with the mixture of speeds I thought that if they were mixed it would just use the lower speed by default So confused

A:Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225"

Hello borito, Welcome to SevenForums!

Is this a laptop provided by a company you work for by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331694-laptop-hangs-starting-windows-getting-error-0xc0000225.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Vista bit OS The system will not boot It keeps going in a loop over and over again When I use OEM vista disc that is genuine it system is starting? from No preventing Boot Patch runs thru the recovery repair process and says that a patch file is preventing the system from booting I have tried to restore but there is no restore point saved I have ran a Patch is preventing system from starting? No Boot few tools to try and fix but nothing has worked I have used the cmd exe utility to do the following chkdsk f r Everything is fine I have used bootrec exe to Fixmbr and also Fixboot I have also done the following bcdedit export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd I have read on other boot loop issues and also went to the C Windows Winsxs and tried to delete pending xml and there is nothing there to delete I am able to access the log file that shows that last update being Windows Defender but shows successful I am not able to boot in safe mode or thru recovery I ran f-secure iso and ran but nothing was found malware etc I was able to install ubuntu via thumb drive to retrieve MY Documents but I really do not want to do a fresh install Any ideas on this one Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/patch-is-preventing-system-from-starting-no-boot.971290/
Relevancy 104.06%

To anyone that can help me out I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error update windows "WindowsUpdate_80073712" code home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot To bring you up to speed windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box To see the updates that did not install refer to the image titled quot update quot Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped I'm also attaching my checksur log I don't understand it now and it looks like a foreign language to me but as I progress through my information systems degree I hope one day I can become a techsupport forum partner Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent HERE IS MY CHECKSUR LOG Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c af b ed d f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ad cd de f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none aba dfa bcab f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none db a bc d e f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none ae aecb bfcc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb b f f f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb cfaa e b e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b fc fc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b e bab e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ae cf b c f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none a ef a a f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c f ef c c e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi have you tried running a start up repair An update is not installed successfully when you try to install the update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000-632721.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I have a Dell Inspiron running both Windows 7 and Ubuntu. Linux boots up fine, but I can't get Windows to boot to the log in screen. I tried startup repair, but it failed to fix the issue. It said that the root cause found was

"A patch is preventing the system from starting"

I can't do a system restore (no points), or a system image recovery, so is my only option a Dell Factory Image Restore? Note that I do have access to all my windows files via ubuntu.

A:Startup Repair Failed: "A patch is preventing the system from starting"

When you do a "Factory image restore" the partitions of Ubuntu will also be deleted and put back to the default state when the computer was first bought. 

1. Backup all important files.

2. Try Macrium Reflect free or another program to backup your Ubuntu partitions. 

3. If you're sure you have backuped your personal files and have a backup from the partitions. Then you may proceed to do a Factory Image Restore. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501674/startup-repair-failed-a-patch-is-preventing-the-system-from-starting/
Relevancy 99.33%

windows update error code quot WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot To anyone that can help me out "WindowsUpdate_dt00 update windows code error "WindowsUpdate_80073712" I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 To bring you up to speed as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00

Read this instructions carefully and proceed:

Quote:
If the System File Check tool found corruption and could not fix them, then we will do a repair install to correct this. First check if the second set of instructions (Resetting Windows Update Components) is successful.

Repair Installation:
You may reinstall your copy of Windows 7 while keeping your files, settings, and programs by performing a repair installation or an upgrade installation.
1. Insert the Windows installation disc into your computer's DVD or CD drive. You must start Windows installation while running your existing version of Windows.
2. On the Install Windows page, click Install now.
3. On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.
4. On the Type your product key for activation page, we strongly recommend that you type your 25-character product key to help avoid problems during activation.
5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms.
6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Upgrade to begin the upgrade. You might see a compatibility report.
7. Follow the instructions.
Note: If your installation disk does not include SP1, and you are updated to it, then you will have to uninstall it before performing an upgrade install. Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates, then select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows and click Uninstall.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is always advisable to backup any and all important data before proceeding with any major changes to your system. Please see: Methods for backing up your files.
Always make sure you have the means to reinstall your programs, either through an install disk or having access to the installation files.

Source: "WindowsUpdate_80070570" "WindowsUpdate_80073712" - Microsoft Answers

I would prefer you try an upgrade installation and input your newly purchased product key which will install Windows 7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/212914-windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt00.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Whenever I try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, it says that it could not find the file specified and it shows me the error code 0x80070002. I am using Windows 10
Things I've tried so far:
Going into control panel, clicking "Turn Windows Features on or off" Then clicking ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" I've also tried disabling .NET 4.6 Advanced Services
Going through the tutorial on Microsoft.com about the error
Please help, it would be much appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e030d422-944e-4505-a831-6986bf9600ef/quotthe-system-could-not-find-the-file-specifiedquot-error-code-0x80070002?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello BC community Looking for some help to see if I can repair a Win Ult installation that is giving me the following BSOD STOP C The program can't start because hs is missing from your computer Additionally when I run the MIcrosoft Recovery it states that a Stop: starting C0000135 Windows is preventing Errors Patch from and Patch is preventing Windows from starting This has been a stable installation for years But I did a recent batch of Windows patches that I believe is the cause I have already Attempted to boot to Safe Stop: C0000135 and Patch is preventing Windows from starting Errors Mode Command Prompt and LKGC Stop: C0000135 and Patch is preventing Windows from starting Errors unsuccessfully I do not have a system restore point to revert to Verified it's not AVG related I replaced the HD with a known good one and cloned the drive with Acronis I just omitted the MB reserved system partition and I ran Bootrec fixmbr fixboot rebuildbcd to get it attempting to boot correctly Attempted to restore old registry hives from c windows config regback folder Ran FRST exe attached Ran Kaspersky Rescue CD to scan for infections and came up clean If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate them greatly Thank you bg

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496330/stop-c0000135-and-patch-is-preventing-windows-from-starting-errors/
Relevancy 96.32%

Listened to a french music website streaming new music. Afterwards, computer seized, 2 shortcuts added to desktop, default homepage reset. Upon trying to open new IE window, firewall requests to use Internet Explorer as a server. Try to open email, received the captioned DLL error messag.

Tried to shut down and reboot, received same DLL error message when trying to open IE and MS Outlook.

I'm running WindowsME, MS Outlook 2000 SR-1.

How do I go about restoring the computer to 7pm last evening before all these issues?

I'm also curious as to why Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm did not detect this activity.

Help!

Relevancy 96.32%

OS Windows Ultimate As the topic implies my system occasionally hangs at quot Starting Windows quot Specifically it hangs just before the Microsoft graphic plays If I see the graphic I know I'm good to go Once I get past quot starting windows quot I have yet to see any issue with the system with respect to lockup or freezes The only way I can get the system to boot when hangs occasionally up System boot Windows" "Starting at it does hang is to hit the reset button and then select System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows" quot Start Windows Normally quot The system then loads up with no issues or at least none observed thus far Background System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows" This is a new PC that I built I've noticed this issue from the very beginning and have made multiple re-installs of the OS after completely formatting the hard drive each time I've seen multiple reports of people having issues getting stuck at quot starting windows quot but none seem System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows" to have the same issue I have where it only happens from time to time Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions Thanks in advance for your help

A:System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows"

Hello Kaybek, welcome to SF!

It sounds like an issue with either the system disk, its MBR or timing....or, long shot, temperature.

Sometimes, on a (literally) cold boot, things take longer. Upon re-booting, it works...
Check your BIOS to see if you can give your System disk some more time to start up. Assuming you have the system on your SSD, make sure you have the specific SSD setting right too. Lots of info on that on this forum. see the tutorials and search for SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184057-system-boot-up-occasionally-hangs-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I saw this issue raised a few times, but wasn't exactly like mine.
My machine started randomly shutting down after having the RC version about 6 months, to the point where it wouldn't even start anymore.
So, I reformatted that partition and went to install W7 pro.

Now, when I get to the "Windows is starting" screen he whole thing consistently shuts down.

I've updated the BIOS, played with the BIOS, bought a new DVDRW (power issues) still shuts down.

Any other suggestions other than buying a whole new machine with it pre-installed?

Thanks a Mil

A:"Windows is starting"...to be a pain. System shuts down

Have you tried running start up repair three times? (as th first go might not get it)

Also,have you tried loading your vidoe driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/60069-windows-starting-pain-system-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi all,

My computer restarts after "Starting Windows" screen. This problem is not happening every time... Today it happens around three times... Wat cud be the problem... ??? Plz help...

A:System crashes after "Starting Windows" screen... Help...

Quote: Originally Posted by NRT

Hi all,

My computer restarts after "Starting Windows" screen. This problem is not happening every time... Today it happens around three times... Wat cud be the problem... ??? Plz help...

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182002-system-crashes-after-starting-windows-screen-help.html
Relevancy 94.6%

For a couple weeks now, My laptop has been making a "pop" sound everytime on start up after the windows logo comes together it makes a faint pop sound then continues to the login screen. Everytime I muted or unmuted the speakers it would make the sound too. I changed my driver the the Windows default and it stopped but the pop won't.

Laptop Model / Manufacturer : Gateway NV53A
Sound Driver : Realtek (But changed to Windows Default)

A:Laptop speakers emit a "pop" sound after "Starting Windows"

The windows default is the culprit here.

When your system boots, drivers started one after another, the pop sound came in because the default driver is not built to especially manage your audio card.

Download the driver from the manufacturer according to your model, install it and I assure you all will be fine.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/166514-laptop-speakers-emit-pop-sound-after-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 94.6%

i have a dell xps 400 that i needed to format i got it off a friend and i have a windows service pack 3 disk and when i boot the cd up i get to the screen that shows all the drivers being installed and when it gets to "setup is starting
windows" i get this blue screen error.......

***stop: 0x0000007b (0XF7CAF524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

any help would bve much appreciated i am hopeing to get this pc running

A:[SOLVED] "Setup is starting windows" blue screen error

Is this a SATA drive or a EIDE? If it is a SATA drive you may need to enable SATA in the Bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-setup-is-starting-windows-blue-screen-error-404086.html
Relevancy 94.6%

i have a dell xps 400 that i needed to format i got it off a friend and i have a windows service pack 3 disk and when i boot the cd up i get to the screen that shows all the drivers being installed and when it gets to "setup is starting
windows" i get this blue screen error.......

***stop: 0x0000007b (0XF7CAF524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

any help would bve much appreciated i am hopeing to get this pc running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-is-starting-windows-blue-screen-error.851747/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help my dad fix a problem with his Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Toshiba Satellite P775-S7100. When he's using a piece of software for his work called Epic, he tries to record dictations on a microphone but this error always comes up: "MCI Error: Error starting new recording. All wave devices that can record files in the current format are in use. Wait until a device is free then try again. Command=record dictation overwrite. Command return string="

Any advice on this would be amazing. All of the advice I have found about this problem is in regards to XP. Thanks in advance.

A:"Error Starting New Recording" Windows 7

I see what this program is, for medical dictation. I assume the version he has is Windows 7 compatible and not an older Win XP program. First step would be to contact the program vendor to check that it is set up correctly. I see that it also incorporates Dragon Naturally Speaking, a voice recognition program and maybe that is where the problem is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/329164-error-starting-new-recording-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have Windows Ultimate x The other day I was afk while listening to loud music from my computer boot and freeze "LOADED at "Starting Windows" Windows ...\disk.sys" on Suddenly the speakers began screaming in a high pitch and when I got to my computer it had frozen I tried to reboot it but it simply froze at the Windows loading screen with the floating balls of light and the text quot Starting Windows quot I have also tried booting from the Windows Installation DVD but it freezes at the loading screen once again I then tried to use the Startup Repair Tool only to find Windows freezing at the loading screen again When trying to reboot in safe mode it freezes again just after having loaded quot disk sys quot These are the things I have tried so far - I have run memory tests using Memtest - I have run hard disk drive tests using SeaTools - No errors were found - I removed the sound card from the MB with same boot result EDIT - I have reset the BIOS - I booted with Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys" GB of RAM instead of my standard GB Anyone who can think of other things I should try

A:Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys"

Suggest you run SFC. {Option 2}
You may need to run it at least 3 times.
Let us know the report at the end please.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210142-windows-freeze-boot-starting-windows-loaded-disk-sys.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I know this was from an old thread nearly two years actually but I wanted to make sure it was still more readily accessible I searched for nine hours today and kept running against the same set of quot fixes quot which didn't fix anything I have Vista Home bit and somehow I truly have no idea Windows Installer disappeared I don't mean turned off or otherwise inaccessible It wasn't there I went back and forth to services etc searched online and on the computer and got NOWHERE - until I found this thread Repair Windows Installer Service in "Windows Vista Can Installer in For Service Be code Not error Accessed" Vista All Versions It was simple but I never even thought about it I followed the steps with one exception because my msiserver service file was completely absent from For "Windows Installer Service Can Not Be Accessed" error code in Vista the damaged registry running quot sfc scannow quot didn't do anything and I had to open the services file and import the changes from there rather than double clicking the msiserver reg file I am very very grateful to have had this information and I hope by posting my experience from today here it will help someone else who's ready to drop kick their computer Thanks vp

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296013-windows-installer-service-can-not-accessed-error-code-vista.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I've received this error upon start up and my computer continually shuts down after 1 minute. I saw that someone had this exact same problem as me. The only difference is my computer won't log in pass the Welcome screen. It just says 'loading your personal settings' but it doesn't load. I also can't go into Safe Mode to try and fix the problem. I have an HP Pavillion zt3000, Windows XP. If someone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-authority-and-c-windows-system32-services-code-error-1073741482.859489/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have never had a problem installing updates to Win 8.1 and all important updates are fully installed. Every time I try to update to Win10 it says "downloading Windows 10 - checking requirements" and then I get the above error message. Any help would be much appreciated!
Steve

A:"Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005

Same problem here. Tired of wasting hours downloading over and over again and getting the same error. None of the suggestions I have found and tried work. No wonder they are giving it away free. To frustrate the heck out of everyone. I find it hard to believe in all the testing, they had no occurrences of this and have not come up with a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/9732-windows-10-couldnt-installed-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I have tried to start up my PC recently and I get the message that my boot system has failed due to the fact it's missing the file quot BCD quot I have contacted the microsoft company to report this issue no one can help me without my product code or a disc USB with the windows system on it I have none of these and yet my issue still remains My PC has worked perfectly the day before I shut it down I'm trying very hard to restore my system but all I can find of the ways to restore it is by clicking control panel etc I cannot access my laptop's desktop all I get is this error message and options to enter the setup utilities firmware and boot options In all I'm asking for is is there a way to restore my system from Error Code: "Missing File: Windows 8, 0xc0000034" \BCD any of these options Windows 8, "Missing File: \BCD Error Code: 0xc0000034" or is this another toss away laptop because windows has failed to find this missing file I cannot get a replacement because I do not have the key with me that was used to install the operating system This is all very frustrating and not to mention my job relies on this computer so it's putting everything to risk Windows 8, "Missing File: \BCD Error Code: 0xc0000034" with my situation right now Thank you very much for your support with this matter I look forward to your options

A:Windows 8, "Missing File: \BCD Error Code: 0xc0000034"

You may borrow a Windows 8 disk from a friend and boot from this disk
Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
Click on command Prompt.
Type these following commands and hit enter after each line of command:
Bootrec /fixmbr
Bootrec /fixboot
Bootrec /scanos
Bootrec /rebuildbcd

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/46965-windows-8-missing-file-bcd-error-code-0xc0000034.html
Relevancy 92.45%

All of my computer updates have worked like a charm for me, except for Service Pack 1. It says it's always "downloaded", but it never actually succeeds on the installation process. The error code "800B0100" is something I have stuck in my memory, . So, I've tried ALL of Windows's fixes, with no result yet. Windows Readiness Tool doesn't work. I even had to do a factory reset once, due to a problem? guess what? Still SP1 problems. All other updates download and get installed ASAP, but this Service Pack 1 is really making me think something's wrong with my laptop.

So, any idea why the update doesn't work? I've scanned my laptop several times, full scans, high heuristics, scanning PUP's, and even scans before boot, and a healthy laptop. No problem with anything, except no SP1.

A:Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, "800B01000" Error Code, SP1 Install.

Dear BZK121,
Run the System Readiness Update Tool. The tool creates CheckSur.log report in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. Kindly post it. The log will provide information as to what has gone wrong.

Regards,
sree (sreedhav)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/218225-windows-7-premium-64-bit-800b01000-error-code-sp1-install.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Computer Specs Hp DV - dx Windows Bit Ultimate Intel Core Duo Ghz processor Gb Ram Hey guys thanks a lot for strolling through I truly appreciate it and hope with everyones assistance this issue will get resolved So here's my issue have I've found that everytime I have allowed windows update to install anything that has had to do with security following the updates I have always run into the BSOD resulting in restoring my computer to an earlier date Well Offline" with Defender Bootable error "Windows 0x code utility Problem this time things are a bit different Whenever my computer has seemed to start to choke up and really begins to lag from things as simple as maximizing a minimized window and it taking about seconds for it to do so the BSOD is coming Heres an example of one Ill be honest with you guys I dont know how to interpret what the cause of it is nor do I know where people find it event viewer logs but surprisingly I've worked on computers all my life really So heres the issue Computer completely froze up on me this time cursor wouldn't react nothing BSOD then I found myself in A continuous looping failure Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x of Windows Start up Repair unable to actually load windows Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x I tried repairing the device by booting off my windows disk and this is the error I keep getting by the way let me add that theres no restore point of course right so that wasn't an option Now if im not mistaken that will be translated further in my logs file Ive honestly really never known how to go about checking but always have seen people pasting a huge report of there BSOD's on here for people to examine and I dont know how to find that info I dont mind being honest here Anyhow I looked it up and found here on the forum the quot Windows Defender offline quot utility which I made on another laptop running windows bit as well putting it onto a USB flash drive which it updated and all this time booting off of the flash drive and this is what I had in front of me just to confirm Thinking things were going to go well then this error screen pops up error x Which then restarts the computer I looked it up and honestly was overwhelmed with so many things that I couldn't do such as sfc scannow which didnt work because the only time I am able to open up command prompt is when I were to place the windows cd in and go into repair which in command prompt tells me it cannot perform the scan because there is a Windows repair in progress Restart the computer and try again I dont know what to do guys but honestly my life is on this hard drive and I cannot I cant lose all of my stuff GOOD NEWS IS I think I removed the hard drive and plugged it into my Drive Mate and im able to access all the files I put as much of what I could onto an external HD in case things turn for the worst But im hoping by having access to all the folders as if I were able to load windows maybe with your guys assistance I could rid the issue thats causing this all Please Again thanks for reading through this and sticking through it with me I am confident that whatever questions you may have I can answer even if I have to look up how to get them so please if there is anything further that I have left out or anyone may need to assist me fire away please It would mean the world to me honestly for mine is on this hard drive Thanks so much

A:Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x

no one?? :/
how about if I just delete the boot folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/364890-problem-bootable-windows-defender-offline-utility-error-code-0x.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi I have a Samsung PM GB SSD I made an image backup two nights ago with Windows Ultimate -bit Then yesterday nbsp I had some issues with partition alignment which somehow botched the Windows code Windows parameter incorrect") (Error is 0x80070057; "the restore image Repair Recovery Environment found in quot Repair Your Computer quot Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") when you hit F on boot Windows however was fine after a startup repair and the partition was aligned perfectly However I couldn't get the Recovery Environment back so I did a fresh install Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect") of Windows Professional -bit onto my system The recovery partition was there and on a side note it was aligned correctly too I am now trying to restore the image I made a few days ago However I realize I cannot conduct this restore of the image if Iaccess the recovery environment through the hard drive tells me it can't restore because the environment is on the hard drive which is to be restored or a disc I cannot eject a disc in the recovery environemnt due to lacking drivers for the touch-sensitive eject key So I put the Recovery Environment on a flash drive which seems to work fine though I cannot be certain that this is working perfectly Nonetheless I insert the disc with my backup GB Blu-ray DL and the jump drive Boot into the recovery environment via flash drive my motherboard supports USB booting and attempt to restore the image It tells me it will have to format the drive etc However as soon as I click the final quot yes quot prompt and it starts to restore it immediately spits an error at me Error The parameter is incorrectCode x I have google'd this for hours no luck so few people have this problem and if so it is in MAKING the backup not restoring it The disc is fine I've cleaned in numerous times If you can't figure out the solution can someone PLEASE tell me how to get this image onto my hard drive somehow It is a vhd file about GB in size but it includes a handful of other cryptically-titled files Thanks Ibrahim Some possible useful bits of information I made an image of my Ultimate -bit drive but only had a Pro disc handy I have my Ultimate -bit key but don't have the disc currently So I'm trying to restore an image of Ultimate -bit onto my Pro -bit installation issue There were no errors when making the image Idea wipe the drive clean how and then use the image restore tool on my jump drive I would do this RIGHT now but I don't know how to format the hard drive without concurrently installing Windows I have GParted which I initially used to align the partition on a disc just use that I want to be SURE that this is a good solution though if I formatted it tried the restore and it failed it would be a PITA to have to reinstall again

A:Windows image restore (Error code 0x80070057; "the parameter is incorrect")

Guys. I fixed it. It's doing the image restore now. I called MS and they told me that you can't do an image restore unless ALL the drives are exactly as they were. Meaning when I was using my jump drive to initiate the recovery (because I can't eject the recovery disk to put in the image disk), it was counting that as a drive. So no go on using a jump drive to initiate the Windows Recovery Environment. That was what was the "the parameter is incorrect; 0x80070057" error. I figured out a workaround that I should have seen INSTANTLY. All this time, it's been there. When you're selecting an image, Microsoft realized some people might have their images on external drives which require special drivers. You just go there and wala, you see a Browse icon. Go in there, right-click the optical drive, eject, put in the one with the image. It's restoring now. OH YEAH! And, btw, if you were wondering, 3 is the limit of times you can clean install from an upgrade disk on 7. I had to call and get that working,too. ~Ibrahim~

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d1d5e820-4b3f-4848-8861-8c0736c5fd1a/windows-image-restore-error-code-0x80070057-quotthe-parameter-is-incorrectquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 92.45%

Mods if you feel that this thread is more of a quot Windows quot issue please feel free to move this thread Here last year I did my second build because I was having quot boot quot issues Wasn t certain what exactly the problem was at the time But something some how screwed up the boot sequence in my system failed a selection required "The because "0xc000000e" device......... code Error boot and where everything was pretty much quot outdated quot I just went ahead and did another build Though since then I ve been pondering around with the thought of using a SATA to IDE adapter so that I can retrieve Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device......... what ever salvageable data I can from one of the two HDD s that was in my last build So I finally broke down and ordered a couple different one s earlier this week Unfortunately I ve been running in to some problem s when I try to launch with the IDE in place Upon initial launching the boot sequence seem to take some time longer than it normally does with out the IDE HDD in place Though after a - sec lapse I ll get an error screen displaying an windows error code of quot xc e quot with a prompt message below stating quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I searched all over online to see what that error code represents only to get quot pages after pages quot of sites with each site telling me something different I have no intentions of using this as a third HDD in my system I just want to retrieve select data from it nbsp

A:Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device.........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-the-boot-selection-failed-because-a-required-device.1041435/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello!

A virus corrupted my system yesterday and I decided to do a full recovery from the partition. This is an HP, and of course it was afflicted with the infamous "Code Purple" error upon recovery. I have no real way to fix this on my own, so I'm thinking about just installing a new OS. I wanted to upgrade to windows 7 anyway.

So, will installing Windows 7 onto this system (which was previously running Vista, but it's been reformatted so that won't matter) fix the code purple error? I've seen some places recommending this way to fix it. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the new OS will give me any issues because of this error.

Thanks!

A:Will Installing Windows 7 Fix "Code Purple" Error?

I don't think it give an error if you run a clean install of any OS (Operating System). All you have to backup your data's in other drive (in Same Hard Disk) or different external Hard Disk.

Than boot with your Windows 7
1. It will ask you to boot from CD or DVD press any key... (press any key)
2. It will load windows 7 in your RAM memory.
3. Accept the licensing aggreement.
4. Select the partition in which you want to install Win 7.
5. Click on Format.
6. Click on Yes to confirm formatting (It will give a warning that it will delete all the data's and contents in the partition.)
7. Automatically it will format and copy the system files into your Hard Disk.
8. Enter the key, click next
9. Enter the system name, click next
10. Enter username and password, click next
11. Select express or custom installtion, click next
12. Automatically system will restart.
13. Login with the username and password provided.

That's it. Am sure you won't get any "Code Purple" error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/will-installing-windows-7-fix-code-purple-error-485381.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I have Win seven ultimate x64 and netgear readynas.
the ReadyNAS is set to shut down every night at 1:00am and startup again at 7:00AM
The ReadyNAS works correctly. But windows gives me about 20 messages every morning that it lost the connection to the ReadyNAS RAID fileserver.
"Windows can not access \\ReadyNAS\xyz\abc" Error Code 0x80070035
One message I could tolerate but it generates one message for every file that was open at the time of shutdown.
How can I set a group policy to suppress these useless messages ?

Reply to: [email protected] Or I will never know you replied.

A:Error Code 0x80070035 "Windows can not access"

Wouldn't it be easier to close the files prior to the NAS shutting down?

Just a little FYI - no one will email you telling you they replied to your post. You'll just have to keep checking back to see if you received a reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/107759-error-code-0x80070035-windows-can-not-access.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Windows Update error code appeared on September and message quot Windows can't check for updates quot I use Windows Vista Home basic bit Service Pack I tried almost all suggestions in Internet including these on Microsoft Web-page about this how to fix this message Windows Update 80070490 and can't for code updates" "Windows error check problem including Microsoft Fix It System Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Diagnostics DIAGCAB file and etc but the message Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" continue to appear The last successful update was on All updates made before and on September are written as quot successful Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" quot in quot Update history quot folder but when I open quot Installed Updates quot folder I don't see nothing and there is written quot No updates are installed on this computer quot which is strange because by this moment Windows Update was made automatically without any problems Please help me to fix the problem with this error code ps On of September I reinstalled Windows Update Software from Microsoft Web Page Microsoft Update and the notification message quot Windows can't check for updates quot from my taskbar dissapeared and never appeared again so i thought the problem is solved but yesterday evening October when i opened Widnows Update in my Control Panel and pressed quot Check for updates quot it started to seek for updates but after some time again showed me the same error code and the same message quot Windows could not search for new updates quot So it seems Windows still doesn't update no matter that i don't receive the error message on my taskbar anymore I asked for help also on Microsoft Community forum but didn't receive help Now I am really out of ideas what to do Today I used again the System Update Readiness Tool and the CheckSur file showed this Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS Registry Error Total count ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So it seems these registry errors are the reason why my pc can't check for updates Does anybody know how to fix these errors

A:Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates"

Have you run a full scan with Malwarebytes and your anti-virus to make sure that's not an issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301403-windows-update-error-code-80070490-message-windows-cant-check-updates.html
Relevancy 91.59%

So this last Tuesday (7/20/10) WoW was down for some maintnence. My friends and I were bored so we decided to screw around on a Private Server for a while until WoW was back up. Problem is, when i came back to play normal WoW I tried to log in and got a "Patch Required" message telling me I would have to restart WoW to download the patch. When I clicked the restard button below i got an error message saying "Failed to apply patch. Please try again later. If problem persists, you may have to reinstall the game or contact technicall support." Since than I have reinstalled WoW twice with my WOTLK disc and have called tech support twice as well. I feel like I have tried everything but I keep getting the same error message.

Please help in any way you can! Thank you!

A:World of Warcraft - "Failed to apply patch" error

I'm going assume you didn't tell tech support you were on a private server. Some of the private servers have their own wow.exe program. Did you delete that(if you downloaded one)?

Did you uninstall the game first or try to reinstall over the old files? If you tried to reinstall over the old files, uninstall the game then delete the directory and then reinstall it.

Just for giggles, check the realmslist.wtf file located World of Warcraft\Data\enUS and post what is in it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/world-of-warcraft-failed-to-apply-patch-error.937703/
Relevancy 91.16%

Using WinXP sp2, HP a810n Pavillion, 4 gigs RAM, 1.5 terabytes HD space, Firefox v2.0.0.11 browser
Unable to complete installs of any (varied providers) programs. Midway through an install the message, "unable to complete, error code c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c ..."

Rather frustrating.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks, Rick Mayer

A:Error code "0000013 windows"

ramlife said:

Using WinXP sp2, HP a810n Pavillion, 4 gigs RAM, 1.5 terabytes HD space, Firefox v2.0.0.11 browser
Unable to complete installs of any (varied providers) programs. Midway through an install the message, "unable to complete, error code c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c ..."

Rather frustrating.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks, Rick MayerClick to expand...

http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows-no-disk-exception-processing.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0000013-windows.679492/
Relevancy 91.16%

We inadvertently stopped our unsolicited Windows 10 upgrade of Windows 7 which caused the computer to show a Windows Error Recovery page with choice of "launch startup repair" or "start normally".
Either option got us to a Windows Boot Manager page that stated to insert WIndows installation disk (which came with our Dell computer) and restart computer. The disk does not run and gives a
info: boot selection failed because required device inaccessible
How do we get past these messages to reload Windows 7 ?? (and don't want Windows 10)

A:Inspiron 660 "locked up" loading Windows 10 (error code Oxc000000f) from Windows 7

You are entirely hozed. You need to reformat drive and reinstall from scratch.
Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software chance miht be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your language settings and click "Next." 3. Click "repair your computer."# Status: 0xc000000f Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19979897
Relevancy 90.73%

hello there, I have some questions, why do I get bluescreen errors, when I start my computer or when I shut my computer down? things that I found on the blue screen is "prl_boot.sys" for sometimes. my computer never got Bluescreen on normal use..

Here's the zip:
SF_19-12-2012.zip

Any answer would be highly appreciated! thank you

A:BSOD on "Starting Windows" and "Shutting Down..."

Run this

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Uninstall Parallels Tools 7.0

From the drivers list Intel Raid StorPort Driver is the oldest driver which dates 2005.

iirsp iirsp Kernel 12/14/2005 5:47:54 AM

update it from here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

also your IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff8b0f9e5ab15, 0, fffff88001c6e826, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for prl_boot.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for prl_boot.sys

Probably caused by : prl_boot.sys ( prl_boot+2826 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8b0f9e5ab15, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88001c6e826, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc1c0
fffff8b0f9e5ab15 Paged pool

FAULTING_IP:
prl_boot+2826
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88006b55a30 -- (.trap 0xfffff88006b55a30)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8a010f95209 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000001200
rdx=0000000168be5cc1 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001c6e826 rsp=fffff88006b55bc0 rbp=00000000002617e2
r8=fffff88001c76288 r9=00000000dca12a29 r10=0000000000002a29
r11=fffff8a0018617e2 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
prl_boot+0x2826:
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0 ds:fffff8a0`10f95209=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800046738af to fffff800046ccfc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06b558c8 fffff800`046738af : 00000000`00000050 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06b55a30 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06b558d0 fffff800`046cb0ee : 00000000`00000000 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 fffff800`0464e000 fffff880`01c76201 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x437c1
fffff880`06b55a30 fffff880`01c6e826 : fffff880`01c76201 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`06b55bc0 fffff880`01c76201 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 : prl_boot+0x2826
fffff880`06b55bc8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 00000000`002617e2 : prl_boot+0xa201
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269794-bsod-starting-windows-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Could anyone explain the differences to me.
Also, does anyone know a good piece of virus toolkit that can actually remove them as well as prevent them?

T.I.A.

A:Difference between a "virus removal tool" and a "patch"?

A virus removal tool removes the virus from your computer meaning that the file is already on your system and running, so it stops it from running and removes the file. A patch however is used to prevent bad things from being installed, usually released when big worms hit, like SoBig, MSBlast, CodeRED...etc...So patches are to prevent and removal tools are to remove files already installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-a-virus-removal-tool-and-a-patch.204211/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I am currently having issues starting up my laptop which Start - up 7 and won't Windows 0x00000050 code Error 0x490 is running Windows 7 won't Start up - Error code 0x490 and 0x00000050 windows home premium It gets to the 'Starting Windows' screen with the Windows logo and gets stuck the windows logo is still animated it just does not proceed further I have searched the Internet high and low including these forums for an answer and I've tried as many possible solutions as I could but I cannot figure it out How it started About days ago I noticed my laptop slowed Windows 7 won't Start up - Error code 0x490 and 0x00000050 down quite drastically and so I launched task manager which showed the CPU usage was at about with no programs running and none of the processes in task manager appeared to be responsible The start menu froze so I rebooted the computer by holding the power button and I have not been able to launch windows since I attempted to run safe mode but once it booted no text appeared and I then got a BSOD with the error code STOP x I then booted it under quot directory services restore mode quot which worked and then safe mode worked after that not sure why Also under device manager I noticed that the quot security processor loader quot driver was not working correctly error code so recently I uninstalled this driver Solutions Tried roughly in order attempted and restarted after each attempt Tried start-up repair many times but get an error quot system files integrity check and repair x error quot System restore Attempted a clean boot Did chkdsk f from safe mode returned nothing Did SFC scannow from safe mode returned nothing Scan with norton antivirus returned nothing Scan with malware bytes found a program called 'greatest arcade hits' which I subsequently removed I think I accidentally installed this when in safe mode after these issues Updated my graphics and audio drivers - then uninstalled and re-installed them Disabled most drivers My Laptop Specs Samsung - RF Windows - Home Premium bit Intel core i - Hz Intel HD Graphics Is there something I am missing I've tried everything I could think of doing but I haven't been able to narrow down the possibilities at all and I'm running out of options Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in Advance

A:Windows 7 won't Start up - Error code 0x490 and 0x00000050

You seem to have tried all the usual tricks to get this fixed. Have you tried a repair install?

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313458-windows-7-wont-start-up-error-code-0x490-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hey I recently successfully installed Windows on my laptop that also has Windows Vista I was playing around with it for a few hours last night shut off the computer and went to bed I woke up started it successfully Problem - code Windows Error 0x490 Startup 7 and played around with it some more Then I shut it off again and Windows 7 Startup Problem - Error code 0x490 a few hours later turned it back on and when I click on Windows I am now receiving an error message telling me I did not install properly and to run a Windows 7 Startup Problem - Error code 0x490 Repair Windows 7 Startup Problem - Error code 0x490 with the install disc I did this and it said it found a problem and to quot restart immediately quot by clicking finished it does not restart immediately I have to click finish and then click restart It also states that if the problem wasn't solved it would run the repair automatically I restart it it boots up and does the same thing I ran the repair again and checked the detailed list of errors It lists off a bunch of successful tests completed and then at the bottom it says quot Boot manager generic failure x e Root cause found ----------------------- Boot manager failed to find OS Loader Repair action File Repair Result Failed Error Code x Time taken ms Repair Action Boot configuration data store repair Result Failed Error code x Time Taken ms Repair action System Restore Result Completed Successfully quot And that's it I was getting the same error message when I had failed to install it correctly but I fixed it I think by resetting my BIOS So does anyone know how to fix this UPDATE When I select windows it gives me instructions which I followed they are the steps I mentioned above and at the bottom it says quot Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I assume this means that it cannot access my partition for some reason If so why not Thanks

A:Windows 7 Startup Problem - Error code 0x490

Your boot information is bad.  afaik, you will have to do a startup repair to fix it. I could not find a MS link for this but I found this  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html  to boot into the recovey options (USE METHOD 2 !!!) and this  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html  to do the startup repair which actually looks at things like MBR and the BOOT folder. As with anything of this type, I strongly recommend backing up anything and everything - create an image of each and every partition. Hope that helps. How did this happen?  I rather suspect that something happened, the system rebooted, and stopped at a screen which had something like system repair as a default, the timer went out, it did its thing, and unfortunately incorrectly.  i have lost opsyses that way. I strongly recommend always setting: Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / (System Properties) Advanced tab / look at "Startup and Recovery" , click settings button - in system failure: uncheck "automatically restart" This will enable you to see any errors that are causing a reboot.

Kris

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/299b227b-fa38-4902-b41a-d868075d763e/windows-7-startup-problem-error-code-0x490?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 89.44%

Does anyone know how to stop XP from automatically creating these two folders each time I reboot, or at least creating them somewhere other than my documents? The pc is on my LAN at work.

Thanks

A:Preventing autocreation of "My ebooks" and "My Pictures"

Here's a possible fix, but it entails tweaking the registry. http://www.graphixanstuff.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=2572

My understanding is that the folders keep getting recreated (after deletion) by _other_ software when it's installed; I assume something like Photoshop would have language referencing the My Pictures folder, for example.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preventing-autocreation-of-my-ebooks-and-my-pictures.318072/
Relevancy 89.44%

When trying to use Windows Update, the updates download successfully but fail to install. The following message appears: "Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed." I have turned my antivirus software off, I have tried updating manually, I have tried updating one at a time. Nothing seems to work. I now have a backlog of 13 updates that I'm supposed to install. Can anyone please help? THANKS!

A:Windows Update: "problem on your computer is preventing updates from being installed"

Boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" (restart while tapping F8 repeatedly) and see if you can install the updates. This should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-problem-on-your-computer-is-preventing-updates-from-being-installed-75596.html
Relevancy 89.44%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 89.01%

Yesterday, I tried downloading the full version of Windows 8.1 from the Windows store. It ran the first two steps (downloading, installing), and then it came to "checking for compatibility." After five minutes, I got a message in the form of a banner across the screen (the color of my metro background) that said I needed to uninstall an app called "Kaspersky Internet Security Suite/Anti-Virus/Pure/Crystal. I ran the executable file "kavremover" from the Kaspersky website to completely remove my existing anti-virus software (Anti-Virus Internet Security 2013) and all versions of "Kaspersky Pure." Upon the 10th reboot and installation attempt, it continues to show me this message. What can I do?

A:"Compatibility Issues" Preventing Windows 8.1 Update

Hi Vialtoclef,

Apparently, Kapersky has a product tutorial on how to prepare your computer for the Windows 8.1 update:

Important tip: Prepare for the Windows 8.1 update

I do understand that the removal tool should have worked; however, since it did not, maybe you can do a reinstall and follow the preparation tutorial to see if it takes when your computer (using Kapersky) is properly prepared for the update. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33609-compatibility-issues-preventing-windows-8-1-update.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello everyone I have a problem I attempted to solve by following a tutorial but was unsuccesful My computer was installing windows updates when the power went out From that moment when restarted it offer me a choice of attempting to completely Windows = 0x490 missing! Error power cut, code now due startup repair loading windows as if nothing happened When I tried it would be stuck on loading windows logo until I restarted I tried Startup Repair and got 'Windows cannot repair this computer automatically' Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details Root cause found -------------------- Boot sector for system disk partition is corrupt Repair action Boot sector repair Result Failed Error code x Time taken ms ----------------------- ----------------------- After this I googled x error and followed these instructions - I opened Command Error code = 0x490 due to power cut, now Windows completely missing! Prompt and entered 'BootRec exe fixmbr' It said that operation was performed successfully however since I did this the computer cannot find an operating system at all When I restart it says Operating system missing After this I boot from Win DVD and open Command Prompt I have since attempted this command 'bootrec exe fixboot' separately on all partitions of the disk while only that partition active After that I tried 'BootRec exe Scanos' In all cases the massage I get is Total identified Windows installations This makes it impossible to try RebuildBcd I have also attempted running startup repair times on each partition unsuccessfully What can I do Thanks very much

A:Error code = 0x490 due to power cut, now Windows completely missing!

From win 7 installation disk at command prompt run chkdsk /r then try startup repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401868-error-code-0x490-due-power-cut-now-windows-completely-missing.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have recently been getting a problem with my PC where it refuses to start for no given reason It started the other 0x490 ("BAD_POOL_CALLER") BSOD day with a BSOD error of quot BAD POOL CALLER quot which then proceeded to boot up at BSOD 0x490 ("BAD_POOL_CALLER") all So I thought sod it and decided wipe the HD using an unmounted Ubuntu Disk and using Gparted formatted the whole HD to a fat file system to hopefully get rid of the driver which I thought was BSOD 0x490 ("BAD_POOL_CALLER") causing the problem I then proceeded to re-format it back to a NTFS file system to then re-install Windows back on to The setup went as normal but upon first boot up I get the error code quot x quot and the computer restarts itself I have done a few BSOD 0x490 ("BAD_POOL_CALLER") things now including - BootRec - Disk Check - Repair Disk - MemCheck - CMOS Clear - BIOS Reset and nothing seems to help with the booting of this OS did I mention that the HD works fine in another PC So this leads me to think that the BIOS is at fault and it may be worth flashing the BIOS to a state where nothing could have been installed or updated to the BIOS Would you agree Just to clarify the HD that I am using has Windows on it It will boot perfectly in another PC but refuses to do so in my own computer

A:BSOD 0x490 ("BAD_POOL_CALLER")

Hi LordChristoff.

How many HDDs are there in that computer? If there are multiple HDDs, remove the others and try to boot the computer again, at least as a test?

If the computer boots, that will be good.

If it does not boot still, or if there is no other HDDs at all, boot into BIOS. Set all UEFI elements to Legacy throughout the BIOS. Change to storage controller mode to AHCI, too.

Then format the HDD again. SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Perform a clean install: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Hopefully everything should work then.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329284-bsod-0x490-bad_pool_caller.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 87.72%

Problem Everything was running fine until yesterday when my PC crashed with the BSOD giving me the quot IRQL not less or equal quot error I ignored it and carried on- which resulted in the computer crashing with quot Memory management quot blues whenever I started something that was not the browser It later started crashing on browser start too I first thought it was the temperature - Memtest and GPUtemp said otherwise So I started testing the RAM taking one DIMM out with Memtest - It passed cycles so I shut less Computer not not "Memory equal" management" "IRQL BSOD- and or - starting. the PC down and put the other DIMM in When I turned the PC on again there was no signal sent to my screen and none to my keyboard and the HDD light on the front of the case did not start blinking like usual BSOD- "IRQL not less or equal" and "Memory management" - Computer not starting. The fans were running so I figured something might be wrong with the DIMMs I put in I removed the graphics card and plugged the screen into the motherboard Now the screen gets a signal background lighting starts up and then it shuts down to hibernation again This repeats itself until the machine is shut down manually I got no idea what to do System specs http pastebin com BSOD- "IRQL not less or equal" and "Memory management" - Computer not starting. DQwejZLx I can not post the Minidump folder since the PC can t start and I did not back it up Sorry Thank you for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-irql-not-less-or-equal-and-memory-management-computer-not-starting.1090821/
Relevancy 87.72%

Here's my situation, I want to remove my optical drive (ASUS dvd/rw) as I never use it, however after I disconnected it Windows wont load. It begins to load and then flashes a blue screen and restarts. If I plug my optical drive back in everything is boots up fine. Does anyone know how I can remove my drive and still be able to boot?

Things I have tried (with no success):
- Disabling and uninstalling the drive from the control panel
- checking boot priority (SSD is my boot drive), optical drive is now completely removed from boot sequence in BIOS (it was 3rd)

In windows repair (following the restart from blue screen) I found this:
Root cause found
recent driver installation or uprgrade may be preventing the system from starting
Repair Action: system files integrity check and repair
Result: Failed
Error Code: 0x490

A:Windows won't load if I remove optical drive (error code 0x490)

Why do you want to remove the optical drive even if you are not using it? Your options will be limited if you ever need to use it...

Can you boot into Safe Mode with it removed, or do you have the same problem?Use Advanced Boot Options

Choose Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222195-windows-wont-load-if-i-remove-optical-drive-error-code-0x490.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hiya

This update addresses the ""Stop 0x0000006b" or Setup Stops Responding at "Setup is Starting Windows" When You Install a Windows XP SP1 Client Image from a Windows 2000 RIS Server" issue in Windows 2000, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 327536. Download now to resolve program Install errors between Windows 2000 RIS servers and XP SP1 Clients
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000

Windows 2000 Professional
Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2000 Advanced Server

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...7d-3c24-456a-ae03-f14991bc61cb&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-patch-stop-0x0000006b-jan-28.115794/
Relevancy 87.29%

I've been getting spammed with this for the past few hours, it's pretty big (~150k). I'm not 100% sure it's a virus, but I know Microsoft doesn't e-mail its users patches, and the e-mail accounts being used to send the e-mail are fake. Be warned!

Relevancy 87.29%

Hello,

I'm seeking for help here.
Recently, my computer started having BSOD after the "Windows is starting..." screen. It tells me something with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.
I know it's something with my video card driver but I can't figure it out since everytime I update my video card driver my screens either either gets black after boot or I get a BSOD with Machine_Check_Exceptionl so I have to go in Safe Mode to uninstall my driver.
I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
Tike

A:BSOD after "Windows is starting..." with "MCE"

safe mode works fine? install "standard VGA graphical adapter" instead. Just as a test.
open "device manager". right click your display adapter->graphics card->upgrade driver. search on computer. pick from list. "compatible hardware". Now select "standard VGA graphical adapter" instead.

Does it boot succesfully afterwards?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291749-bsod-after-windows-starting-mce.html
Relevancy 86.86%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 professional x64 hoping to fix the above mentioned problem. After a complete re-install Im getting the same errors.

Im not sure of the proper terminology here, but during startup the computer does a scan of all hardware and "Volume 0" has a "failed" message.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a few restarts and pointless boot menu visits the computer starts up fine.

I tried windows repair feature by booting from the disk, but when I get to the window where i select the operating system to repair, its empty. Drive C, where the operating system is, is not showing.

I have a feeling that the hard drive itself has gone bad and is very unstable. Please let me know if I'm missing something or we just need to get a new HD.

Thank you

A:Win7 pro startup error "Boot MGR missing"/"Operating System Not Found

What type of hdd do you have. For example if you have a Seagate drive, there is software you can run to do a diagonostic on the hdd before the operating system boots.
This would be a good idea, especially if you were having same issues when Vista Home Premium was installed first.

Do you have more than one hdd installed. If yes, make sure in BIOS settings, the proper drive is selected for First Boot. And better yet make sure its the only drive attached when booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185400-win7-pro-startup-error-boot-mgr-missing-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Whenever I click "Check for Updates" in the Windows 7 update dialog, the scanning bar moves and moves, but it never passes this step. In eventvwr, there's an error with description:

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Windows updates never install. This is my laptop in my signature, so system resources shouldn't be a problem, what with 3 GB ram available, core2duo, etc. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

A:windows 7 update hangs, "insufficient system resources" error

Hi -

How much HDD space is available?

Have you cleaned out temp file storage areas?
START | cleanmgr

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-hangs-insufficient-system-resources-error-510212.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello.

I am running windows vista business.

Every couple of days my "system queued windows error reporting" file gets *huge* when I access my c:drive properties and clean disk.

(like 1-2 gig.. sometimes more... 3-6 gig)

I'm always low on disk space and need to delete the files.

Does anyone know where these files are located? I would try to troubleshoot this myself if I could find out where these files are?

Why or how would they get so damn big? These files accumulate overnight at times. I've scanned my system with all sorts of applications so a worm producing files or some other replication infenction is unlikely.

Any additional information or tips you have would be invaluable.

Thanks.

A:"system queued windows error reporting" gargauntuan growth

Try CCleaner. I'm not sure if it deletes the files that you're talking about, but it's worth a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-queued-windows-error-reporting-gargauntuan-growth.733560/
Relevancy 86.43%

I recently did a whole new build, new hard drive, mobo (GA-P35-DS3L/S3L) and processor. The problem is, I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate and I come up with "Insert system disk and press enter" error when I try to boot from the disk. I checked the BIOS and the mobo had recognized the DVD drive and the hard drive. I tried putting the hard drive under slave and the DVD drive under master, and vice-versa. I am a high school student who generally gets lots of home work, so it would be nice to be able to type out my work. I am also a gamer, and my friend and I are trying to get my computer fixed, and it's really frustrating. I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible

Cheers!
Hans

A:"INSERT SYSTEM DISK" error when trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate

If the hardware is so old that you are using IDE drives, are you sure that it even will run Windows 7?

Is the DVD a full, retail version from Microsoft?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/insert-system-disk-error-when-trying-to-install-windows-7-ultimate.1069231/
Relevancy 86.43%

I've recently been getting this message when playing Rust and Sniper Elite V2, I also get it if I bump my computer desk too hard. I tried the "Last Known Good Configuration" fix but it didn't work, and I tried the "Repair Your Computer" option, but when I get to the log-in part, my keyboard won't work. I've had the computer for a few months but the problem only occurred a few weeks ago, and and has only been a serious issue this past week.

A:"Windows Error Recovery" System did not shut down properly

Hello and welcome Best Noob soem system specs would be very helpful mate and also try reseating all cables cards and sticks.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/334068-windows-error-recovery-system-did-not-shut-down-properly.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Would someone please be able to assist me with this problem I keep getting the contact System - No Disk. WIN "Windows XP: Please Administrator" error quot Windows - No Disk Please contact System Administrator quot problem on my PC Usually a reboot WIN XP: "Windows - No Disk. Please contact System Administrator" error solves this WIN XP: "Windows - No Disk. Please contact System Administrator" error but it creeps up after time again I ran a HijackThis system scan and here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System NALNTSRV EXE c Ora bin omtsreco exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wm exe C NOVELL ZENRC WUOLService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System dpmw exe C WINDOWS system NWTRAY EXE C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system NALDESK EXE C NOVELL ZENRC wuser exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Downloads HiJackThis v exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http intranet city mississauga on ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http intranet city mississauga on ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by City of Mississauga O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Oracle jre bin ssv dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run IMONTRAY C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe O - HKLM Run NDPS C WINDOWS System dpmw exe O - HKLM Run ZENRC Tray Icon zentray exe O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run USSShReg C PROGRA ULEADS ULEADP SSaver Ussshreg exe r O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe WINSYSDIR CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run ctfmon exe WINSYSDIR CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Startup naldesk lnk C WINDOWS system NALDESK EXE O - Global Startup naldesk lnk C WINDOWS system NALDESK EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files M... Read more

A:WIN XP: "Windows - No Disk. Please contact System Administrator" error

They are going to tell you to get the old version of HJT, 2.0 is in BETA. Get the older version here:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,23258-page,1-c,downloads/description.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-windows-no-disk-please-contact-system-administrator-error.553508/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I reinstalled windows 8.1 on my Samsung NP530U3C-A10EE. And now the problem this that I can't boot it without usb stick that contains windows installation files. I can boot up windows and remove the usb stick evertything is working perfectly, but if I try to boot up win without usb, it gives error "Operating system not found. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart". VOLUME C:\ is one where windows are installed (SSD), System Reserved is the system partition that windows create automaticaly (SSD), volumes D:\ and F:\ are my hdd volumes D:\ is empty & F:\ is stored with my personal files (photos, music etc.)

P.S if i make C:\ active I can't boot up even with usb stick plugged in...
Maybe someone knows the solution? Thanks for responses.

A:Windows 8.1 boot error "Operating system not found"

You can try from Admin command prompt:
diskpart -> select disk 0 -> select par 1 -> inactive -> exitbcdboot C:\Windowsshutdownswap the cables between disk 0 and disk 1. (Make your Windows to be disk 0)From BIOS, set boot priority to this disk 0Reboot without the USB connected.

Hope this helps !!!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54453-windows-8-1-boot-error-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 86.43%

My laptop is a SONY VAIO - VGN-NS255D

Anyone know how to fix this?

A:"Operating System Not Found" Error - Windows 7 (x64 bit) 4GB Memory

Did you make /have the OEM manufacturers system repair disk ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213671-operating-system-not-found-error-windows-7-x64-bit-4gb-memory.html
Relevancy 86.43%

So here is my problem Occasionally after reboot I get quot Error loading operating system quot After that the only thing I can do is shut down the computer and fix the windows MBR Boot Sector see bellow I m running a clean install of Windows XP Pro SR on a Lenovo T laptop I have confirmed that in the majority of times the problem with the MBR Boot Sector happens during the windows session and not necessarily upon reboot When it happens there are no symptoms in windows except for when I try to run chkdsk I get the following error quot The type of the filesystem is RAW CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives quot I ve had my T for months now and I ve had this problem about times so far Obviously this makes my T unstable and is becoming a major problem I like to shut down the computer before taking it anywhere and I don t really use Hibernate Solving this problem is very easy and takes minutes But the Win XP CD is needed for the fix and I don t want to carry it around with me everywhere And anyway it "Error loading XP operating Pro Windows system" after with SR3 reboot s annoying and makes my T crippled "Error loading operating system" after reboot with Windows XP Pro SR3 To fix the problem Change AHCI - gt Compatibility in BIOS Boot using the Windows XP CD Enter the Recovery Console press R quot fixboot quot quot fixmbr quot Restart quot exit quot Change back to AHCI in Bios After that the computer works perfect until the next time Things I have tried so far Installed latest Bios for T Checked firmware for HD WD Scorpio WD BEVS and it s the latest Installed all windows updates for Windows XP and all Lenovo specific updates Installed all latest drivers for T Checked computer for Viruses malware etc with different scanners - it s clean Updated some of the programs that I thought might be causing problems Avira PerfectDisk TrueImage Home etc I am not running any special esoteric software only big label popular stuff Checked HD with PC Doctor WD s Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool and CHKDSK - there are no problems Made sure EnableBigLba in the registry is enabled although it should not affect SATA drives anyway Disabled Lenovo s quot Active Protection System quot - the problem persists Checked MBR Boot Sector with TestDisk analysis - there are no problems I am out of ideas Something is corrupting the MBR Boot Sector occasionally during the windows session or upon shutdown But I can t find why or under what circumstances it happens The only thing I didn t try was a completely new clean system install a thing which I REALLY don t want to do Except for this problem the system is great very stable and I m very happy with it Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-operating-system-after-reboot-with-windows-xp-pro-sr3.755299/
Relevancy 86.43%

So here is my problem Occasionally after reboot I get quot Error loading operating system quot after with XP "Error operating reboot Pro Windows SR3 system" loading After that the only thing I can do is shut down the computer and fix the windows MBR Boot Sector see bellow I'm running a clean install of Windows XP Pro SR on a Lenovo T laptop I have confirmed that in the majority of times the problem with the MBR Boot Sector happens during the windows session and not necessarily upon reboot When it happens there are no symptoms in windows except for when I try to run chkdsk I get the following error quot The type of the filesystem is RAW CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives quot I've had my T for months now and I've had this problem about times so far Obviously this makes my T unstable and is becoming a major problem I like to shut down the computer before taking it anywhere "Error loading operating system" after reboot with Windows XP Pro SR3 and I don't really use Hibernate Solving this problem is very easy and takes minutes But the Win XP CD is needed for the fix and I don't want to carry it around with me everywhere And anyway it's annoying and makes my T crippled To fix the problem Change AHCI - gt Compatibility in BIOS Boot using the Windows XP CD Enter the Recovery Console "Error loading operating system" after reboot with Windows XP Pro SR3 press R quot fixboot quot quot fixmbr quot Restart quot exit quot Change back to AHCI in Bios After that the computer works perfect until the next time Things I have tried so far Installed latest Bios for T Checked firmware for HD WD Scorpio WD BEVS and it's the latest Installed all windows updates for Windows XP and all Lenovo specific updates Installed all latest drivers for T Checked computer for Viruses malware etc with different scanners - it's clean Updated some of the programs that I thought might be causing problems Avira PerfectDisk TrueImage Home etc I am not running any special esoteric software only big label popular stuff Checked HD with PC Doctor WD's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool and CHKDSK - there are no problems Made sure EnableBigLba in the registry is enabled although it should not affect SATA drives anyway Disabled Lenovo's quot Active Protection System quot - the problem persists Checked MBR Boot Sector with TestDisk analysis - there are no problems I am out of ideas Something is corrupting the MBR Boot Sector occasionally during the windows session or upon shutdown But I can't find why or under what circumstances it happens The only thing I didn't try was a completely new clean system install a thing which I REALLY don't want to do Except for this problem the system is great very stable and I'm very happy with it Any ideas Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-after-reboot-with-windows-xp-pro-sr3-297991.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a RemoteApp server setup Windows R with SSO enabled This RemoteApp server 0xc00002fd)." per has authentication error RemoteApp (Code: works occurred once reboot "An error then the produces is for internal use only I have no issues with any of my clients running Windows or above On Windows XP however I can only connect to the RemoteApp session once RemoteApp works once per reboot then produces the error "An authentication error has occurred (Code: 0xc00002fd)." and then I get the error An authentication error has occurred Code xc fd If I reboot the PC it will again work once and then get the error The other thing we discovered is that when you first close the RemoteApp session the mtsc exe process remains active for seconds or so As long as that is active I can re-enter the RemoteApp session multiple times The moment I kill that process I get the error and must reboot I'm pretty RemoteApp works once per reboot then produces the error "An authentication error has occurred (Code: 0xc00002fd)." sure something is being cached on the client side but every lead I have found has not resulted in a resolution Anyone have any nbsp ideas Btw quot get off of XP quot is not an nbsp option at this time lol Any assistance would be great Robert Doyle Network Administrator Five Below Inc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a19c9863-84a0-4d2f-87de-e1e89c77c338/remoteapp-works-once-per-reboot-then-produces-the-error-quotan-authentication-error-has-occurred?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello all This is my first post I am not very computer literate and I am having a very large problem at the moment with my Windows XP Media Edition with Microsoft Service Pack installed This morning I started my computer and it worked fine initially loading up my desktop background and desktop icons then the task bar at the bottom turned grey Without clicking anything my screen then turned blue and I got the error message that follows STOP c a Fatal System Error The WIndows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with Blue Error}" Windows System {Fatal "SPOP: Screen XP c000021a a status of Windows XP Blue Screen "SPOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" x x x The system has been shut down I rebooted about times getting the same error but on the th time it logged on as normal I was then able to use the computer for about an hour I then turned it off After rebooting it a few minutes ago the same error has appeared again and have rebooting about times it doesnt seem to be going this time On occasions I get a different error which is quot STOP c Unable To Locate Component This application has failed to start because qt-mt dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Has anyone got any idea what this is and how to solve it And if the two errors are related Thank you Haychee nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hello So I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with a reformatted hard drive and I need to reinstall windows I do not have the original Reinstallation DVD that came with this exact laptop but I do have one from Attempting Error not "Operation 7720- Inspiron to 7 reinstall Windows an on found" System another Dell Laptop a Studio and another Windows disc from a desktop the discs and Attempting to reinstall Windows 7 on an Inspiron 7720- Error "Operation System not found" the OS that was on the laptop before the HDD fail are all Windows Home Premium Bit When I turn on the laptop with either disc and mash F and then select quot CD DVD Attempting to reinstall Windows 7 on an Inspiron 7720- Error "Operation System not found" CD-RW Drive quot from the boot options the screen immediately displays quot Operation System not found quot and stays at this Attempting to reinstall Windows 7 on an Inspiron 7720- Error "Operation System not found" screen until restarted I have run a full diagnostic check and everything passed I have made sure the CD-RW Drive is no in boot priority don t imagine that matters if I nbsp manually select it The HDD and CD-RW Drive are detectable in BIOS too I have no idea what the problem is any help will be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19988585
Relevancy 86%

hi i just had my pc reformatted with WINDOWS XP SP and im having some trouble with it gt gt everytime i try System error?? Windows DLL SP3 - Relocation" XP "Illegal to run a program an error message pops up which goes like this in this case i am trying to run a game Windows XP SP3 - "Illegal System DLL Relocation" error?? FALLOUT lt msg box title gt quot CmdLineExtInstallerExe exe - Illegal System DLL Relocation quot quot The system DLL user dll was relocated in memory The application will not run properly The relocation occured because the DLL C WINDOWS system SHELL dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL quot i have Windows XP Pro SP i have tried RegVac to try Windows XP SP3 - "Illegal System DLL Relocation" error?? and fix this problem which it didn't also tried all updates from Microsoft but they always say my version is already up-to-date my pc also freezes and goes to a blue screen in which there are too many things for me to remember gt gt something to do with PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP or something help would really be appreciated

A:Windows XP SP3 - "Illegal System DLL Relocation" error??

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem started?

How long has it been since you had your computer wiped out?

Do you have any virus protection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp3-illegal-system-dll-relocation-error-333876.html
Relevancy 86%

im getting serious crashing issues with winxp home. my computer will lock up completey, and my moniter blinks off, the power to the cable will still be available, but theres no picture. if i press the reset button, instead of the power button, the computer will reboot still frozen. i have to completely shut the power off and turn it back on again. when i got the microsoft error screen asking if i should send error report or dont send, i clicked on the "see what data this error report contains" button. i got the following:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : EA0819FA BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : B961DC1B
BCP4 : 00000002 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

A:Microsoft Windows "The system has recovered from a serious error."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-the-system-has-recovered-from-a-serious-error.387284/
Relevancy 86%

Hello I 7 "Fatal installing when System Error" Windows am new to this forum and hope you guys can help me out with "Fatal System Error" when installing Windows 7 my issue any help is appreciated Now the problem that I am having is that I am "Fatal System Error" when installing Windows 7 trying to install a RTM version of Windows Ultimate onto my pc and the installation seems to go well but when it gets to the finalizing stage after I put in my new username and it successfully activates the key the computer reboots and i get the following error Stop C a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc x c The system has shut down Now what's odd about this whole thing is that I was and am running Windows Build and did not have any problem installing Build And I was also able to install the RTM Windows on a laptop with no problem so I know it's not a problem with the DVD I only get a problem when I try to install it onto my pc I have a Gateway FX S GB of Ram and am running Windows Build Any help will be appreciated I really want to get the RTM Windows installed because my Build expires in March Thank you in advance

A:"Fatal System Error" when installing Windows 7

Are you using separate keys for the two installs? I never enter a key until I see if it is running OK. Just do not enter a key and uncheck the activate while online and you will have 30 days to check the install.

How are you installing the RTM on the desktop--a custom install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/58600-fatal-system-error-when-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 86%

Windows 7 x64
I have installed a number of times due to OS corruption from the ridiculous amount of BSODing
Retail Version of Win7
PC is almost 1 year - at least 7 months
Running on this installation for around 3 months
Since this re-install, and a motherboard replacement, computer is slightly more stable.
For some time I have believed its the dodgy Generic PSU and am awaiting it arriving in the post. Will update accordingly.
Thanks As a programmer, I can see that quite an amount went into that information collection tool, and I am also impressed at the entire community working on other peoples dumps to help them, there is a ton of information to shift through in that collection tool!

Specs are at bottom of sig area:
|

\|/

A:Multi-BSOD (Mainly "Modification of system code detected")

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (possibly audiodg.sys).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214558-multi-bsod-mainly-modification-system-code-detected.html
Relevancy 86%

I have Windows Vista and I installed Starcraft. It installed fine, but when I run it, it gives me an error saying "Data File Error" and that it couldn't get data from the cd, even though the cd is in the drive. I tried reinstalling and compatibility mode, but I can't get anything to work. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Starting Starcraft results in "Data File Error"

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/starting-starcraft-results-in-data-file-error.694058/
Relevancy 86%

I tried to clean-up my PC a year ago and ever since then I get two error messages every time on start-up quot Error starting Autosync Launcher Autosync Launcher could not be launched Please make sure that Autosync Launcher was start-up Launcher" Autosync on Starting "Error everytime properly installed and try "Error Starting Autosync Launcher" everytime on start-up again quot I have no idea what this is Please help quot AppleSyncNotifier exe - unable to locate component This application has failed to start because CoreFoundation dll was no found Reinstalling the application "Error Starting Autosync Launcher" everytime on start-up may fix this problem quot I have no idea what this is or how to fix it Is there a simple way to get CoreFoundation dll back on "Error Starting Autosync Launcher" everytime on start-up the computer I tried to do it myself online with a free download but nothing seemed to happen as I still get the error message every time on start-up Both these error messages have been going on for about a year now so I m reluctant to do a system restore going back that far as I m not sure what other programs I might lose that I ve loaded up since then The system I m using is Windows XP Any help on either or both of the above would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-starting-autosync-launcher-everytime-on-start-up.1002738/
Relevancy 86%

I'm a computer lab assistant at Missouri State, and I always work on one of the two computers behind the desk. Both of the lab assistant computers have the same problem, but none of the others in the lab do.

I am on a computer running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with SP3 installed. I only get the "no disk" Error Processing message when I start Firefox. Any suggestions?

(note: I have also attached a copy of this error message, if it will help)

Relevancy 86%

When I go to open a program I ve recently installed half way through loading I ll get an error message reading The drive is not ready for use its door may be open Please check drive A and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed quot Cancel Try Again and Continue to which I press continue to Then I get quot There is no disk in the drive Please insert disk into drive Drive Insert "Please when \Device\harddisk\Dr1" error a into starting Disk program a Device Harddisk DR quot with Cancel Try Again and Continue to which I press Continue to and another appears but with Harddisk DR and so on After pressing continue to and the program continues to load fine After doing some google searching I see suggestions about renaming the troublesome drive something other than C apparently this error "Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" error when starting a program happens when drives are called C but there is no drives involved its just a program so theres nothing to change does anyone have any ideas as to why these errors appear S Many Thanks nbsp

A:"Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" error when starting a program

What program? Are you sure you're on Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-insert-a-disk-into-drive-device-harddisk-dr1-error-when-starting-a-program.162902/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi.
I am trying to remove programs that I do not need to free up some space.

I came across this "phonics" program in the Add or Remove Programs list. When i tried to click to see details, this is the message I got:

"An error occurred while trying to remove Phonics. You do not have access to E:\setup.exe.
You can specify the new uninstall program below."

Then it has a form fill line and beside that a "Browse" button, then a "Ok" and "Cancel".

My question is What the heck is this and do I need it on my computer? It does not list support information like most of the other programs do.

Please help.... I am confused!

A:Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP: Found "Phonics" Tried to remove error code. What?

To my knowledge, it is not needed. Do you have kids? I sounds like a kids program or part of one. I am new to this list, but have lots of hands on experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-in-windows-xp-found-phonics-tried-to-remove-error-code-what.794032/
Relevancy 85.57%

Enountered a BSOD that said something along the lines of "Unknown Hard Error" with the code in the title followed by the path: \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll
It then said something about dumping physical memory to disk. I encountered this BSOD after I purposely powered down my machine and it had been turned off for a couple of hours.

All help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. I encountered an unhandled exception error when trying to run the SF diagnostic tool so I hope it completed sufficiently.

Thanks!

A:BSOD with error code "Stop: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error"

Your latest dump says ....

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80072be3d8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the steps stated in Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255836-bsod-error-code-stop-c0000221-unknown-hard-error.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have had my vista pc and my windows basic net book setup to message: "Error network code: file No help error shareing 0x80070035". let me share files through network error message: "Error code: 0x80070035". No file shareing help an Netgear DG PN Route for around months with no problems However as of days ago I can no longer do this and non of the network tools can fined or solve the problem I can uses the internet though my rooter see my vista pc on the network as well as the media streaming windows one thing I can also access my net book hard drive from my pc no problem and transfer delete files as well When I do try to connect the following error message is given quot Error code x The network path was not found quot How can I fix this P s I know windows basic has not create home group ability but it worked with the one I made on vista I can not afford to upgrade my copy of windows so that is totally out of the question P p s I am a dummy at this stuff I have tried Enable NetBIOS over TCP IP no joy

A:network error message: "Error code: 0x80070035". No file shareing help

Welcome to SF,

Firewall might be the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone".
On some Firewalls or Security Software you might need to completely uninstall them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184237-network-error-message-error-code-0x80070035-no-file-shareing-help.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm trying under "Windows Update" to click on "check for updates" however when I do that I get message
"windows update cannot currently check for updates, because updates on this computer are controlled by your system administrator"
I am the admin on the PC however this PC points to a In-office "WSUS server" to normally get its update
Is there a work around to this that I could add to my local group policy or registry?
I have been under Group Policy Object Editor -->Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates -->
Windows Components --> Windows Update
but seen nothing that would allow to override this error
Any suggestion(s) would be most appreciated
JMurphNE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc0d13f2-e9cb-4001-a8e6-cfc5d80efd59/windows-update-issue-quotwindows-7quot-error-quotbecause-updates-on-this-computer-are?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 85.57%

Port?g? Z30-A-181
PT243E-08304YGR

Hi everyone,
as you may already know the Toshiba System Settings require the Toshiba Password Utility to run properly. I installed the Password Utility but when i launch it i get the Error: „DLL load error.“
In another thread i found the „solution“ to install an older Version. I installed about 10 different older versions now, none of them worked.
Manual registering of the DLLs does fail (only 1 gets registered via regsrv32)
What to do? Thanks!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91801-quot-DLL-load-error-quot-when-starting-Password-Utility
Relevancy 85.57%

This is getting to be a real pain. I bougth the "Return of the Kings" last year and this year "Doom 3" and both give me the same problem. They load perfectly okay and even auto start the opening menu when I put CD1 into the drive but when I hit play I get the same message that it can not find disk 1. I have a DVD RW and CD-ROM drive and it works in neither. I have messed around with the Master/Slave setting on each and have even tried removing one then the other just to see if that worked.

I am running XP on an Athlom +2600 with NEC DVD and Lite-On CD-ROM

Any ideas, I trawled the internet with little success.

A:"Can Not Find Disk 1" error when starting game

Sometimes games are mislabeled - have you tried the other discs in the sets to see if they work instead?

Also, this normally occurs when the copy protection is kicking in; your games may be misreading your discs in some way due to the hardware and thinking it's actually an illegal copy. Both of these games use Safedisc V3 as the copy protection, so it may be your drives are incompatible with the software. This only happens a very limited amount of the time, and if you have a proof of purchase the company often sends a copy out to you with no protection. Many companies accept the original discs as valid proof of purchase.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-find-disk-1-error-when-starting-game-82758.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Everytime i boot up the message"error opening programme" appears followed by "improper shutdown detected"...and everytime i shut down the computer, the monitor shuts off whilst the base unit remains on. this happens all the time. i have millennium me installed. i have tried closing all programmes save stnstray and explorer but to no avail. can anyone help