Windows Support Forum

Not Recognizing 6 Button Gaming Mouse

Q: Not Recognizing 6 Button Gaming Mouse

I recently bought a gaming mouse: Professional 6 Buttons 5500dpi Optical USB Wired Gaming Mouse Mice for PC Laptop | eBay and Windows won't recognize it (Code 43) and it calls it: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), I tried contacting the seller but he didn't know of any driver for the mouse. please i need help ASAP.

Thanks.
Gabriel.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50381-not-recognizing-6-button-gaming-mouse.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Not Recognizing 6 Button Gaming Mouse

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.06%

I recently bought a gaming mouse: Professional 6 Buttons 5500dpi Optical USB Wired Gaming Mouse Mice for PC Laptop | eBay and Windows won't recognize it (Code 43) and it calls it: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), I tried contacting the seller but he didn't know of any driver for the mouse. please i need help ASAP.

Thanks.
Gabriel.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50381-not-recognizing-6-button-gaming-mouse.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Today I got my FireGlider gaming mouse. Well, I have only two questions.

1) I read the manual, which unfortunately is poor and I cannot find the DPI Settings on the mouse editor. Where is it?

2) I want to bind the 7th button (the one which is closest to the wheel) to the letter B. I save it but it's not working. To be more specific. I play World of Warcraft and cannot bind the key to the "B" so as to open my inventory easier and faster. I tried the keybindings for the specific button but didn't work out. The rest buttons are working fine.

3) Can you help me on how is the mouse editor working? It seems easy but I doubt if it works.

There is a link of the mouse ---> Click.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/binding-a-button-to-my-fireglider-gaming-mouse.1030305/
Relevancy 58.05%

Man this feels weird I m usually the one giving help not asking for it lol Computer HP Pavilion dv Win Professional x This problem started after I left my computer on sleep for a couple hours When I woke it up the touchpad taps and left mouse button clicks brought up the right-click context menu and nothing on the taskbar responded to the cursor hovering over it Also for some reason pressing the Windows key on the keyboard wouldn t bring up the Start menu The only way I ve found to correct this is to plug in a USB mouse and press the right MB on it I also was able to fix it one time by uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and letting Windows restart and find the mouse but after trying mouse button acting tap functional button/touchpad not right MB click, right Left as to reinstall the Synaptics drivers then uninstalling them again after the problem reappeared this method no longer works In either case Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional left click functionality is restored but there is no right click functionality period on the touchpad buttons However the USB mouse that I plug in works normally Also after left click is restored everything on the taskbar and elsewhere responds as it should with the exception of not being able to right click on anything which sucks in Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional W I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Synaptics drivers to see if that would fix it but after reinstalling them and restarting the problem came back Another thing I ve noticed is that even with the Synaptics drivers installed the vertical scroll area doesn t respond All the settings are as they should be for clicking tapping scrolling etc in the device settings Saturday Comodo Internet Security ran its scheduled scan and found nothing I ran another scan after this issue arose and still didn t find anything I will get HJT later on today bad internet connection at the moment and post its log to rule out any remote malware possibility Thanks in advance for your help I d like to try and get a solution before having to deal with HP support Summary Computer left on sleep for a period of time Upon resume left clicks by tap or button press acted as a right click Ever since problem reappears at bootup Only way to fix is to connect an external USB mouse and press the right mouse button on it Everything on taskbar unresponsive Windows button on keyboard will not bring up the Start menu until the above is done Was able to correct it once by uninstalling Synaptics drivers restarting and letting Windows find the device Touchpad left mb would work fine after booting and everything except for being able to right click anything but after reinstalling Synaptics drivers and uninstalling them again after the problem reappeared this no longer fixes the problem After left click functionality is restored no right click functionality whatsoever using right button on pad Vertical scroll area on touchpad also is nonfunctional External USB mouse works perfectly fine Two scans ran with up-to-date Comodo Internet Security both found nothing HJT will be run later and log posted nbsp

A:Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-touchpad-tap-acting-as-right-button-click-right-mb-not-functional.920837/
Relevancy 55.04%

With my old computer and mouse I used to be able to use the middle button for various tasks susch as opening a link in another tab rotating the camera in games etc Logitech Mouse HID-compliant - Cordless issue middle button mouse and i have got very used to this I recently purchased a Dell XPS One and am using the mouse which came with it which according Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue to Device Manager is the Logitech HID Compliant Cordless Mouse I am running Vista Home Premium x and i am unable to use the middle button for this Instead in firefox it is a sort of zoom function Yesterday it started working - i don t know why - but today it has failed again and is back to the zoom function If i hold down the CTRL button and left click this is the same as middle button should be so is there any way i can swap these functions around I don t know if this is a problem with the mouse or with vista or with me not finding some setting If it helps my mouse driver is version which i think is up to date nbsp

A:Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

Have you gone to Mouse in the Vista Control Panel and see what choices you are given there to manage the mouse?

What does it say the mouse is if you look at the bottom of the mouse itself? Is there a model number?

If its a Logitech Mouse you may be able to install the Logitech SetPoint software to add extra functionality or programing options: javascript:downloadSW();

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-hid-compliant-cordless-mouse-middle-mouse-button-issue.783684/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought new mouse from eBay. It's excellent and all that, but whenever I hold right mouse button and then press middle mouse button, my mouse locks down and unlocks only after I do that again. Is it possible to disable it?
All I know about my mouse is this:
2,4 ghz wireless optical mouse with mini usb
DC:3v 20mA

A:Mouse freezes on [Hold RMB + click middle mouse button]

I've never seen any other posts with that same problem so it may be intentionally built-in to that particular mouse to prevent others using your PC when you're away from it. Read it's instructions if you got any with it, it should tell you if it's got a built-in mouse lock, although that feature usually requires additional third-party mouse software to be installed to recognise when the appropriate buttons have been pressed.

If no instructions were supplied, go to it's manufacturer's website to see if it's mentioned there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezes-on-hold-rmb-click-middle-mouse-button-601047.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all I just Logitech wireless mouse left - button crazy mouse installed Windows earlier today The install went fine until right near the end I had to click 'next' to a question which I had already done a few times but this time the tab was not responding I tried again and again then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed enter on my keyboard which did the trick Now that the OS is up and running everything is working fine but I just have one problem My left mouse button is doubling up as a 'back' button So if I am in a folder and want to double click a new folder or even if I just left click on empty space it will take me backwards Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button one folder A nightmare in internet explorer aswell For the time being Ive switched the two buttons around so I have an action button but no right click on the left mouse button now anymore Ive tried installing the original drivers and in compatibility for Vista but nothing seems to fix the problem Anybody have any suggestions Id be real grateful to hear them Cheers Oh and the mouse is a Logitech LX wireless Thanks Mikes

A:Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Have you tried the mouse on a different machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27993-logitech-wireless-mouse-crazy-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings A long lasting issue that is preventing me from using the Edge Browser is my love for my Logitech G Wireless Gaming Mouse which requires Metro Software Logitech Apps Gaming recognizing and the Logitech Gaming Software for Profile switching functionality Unlike the Logitech Options Software being mainly used for Office oriented Mice the Logitech Gaming Software does not recognize Metro Apps like the Edge Browser Groove Music Player etc which is kind of a problem in my daily use ESPECIALLY with the Browser as the same button Logitech Gaming Software and recognizing Metro Apps I Logitech Gaming Software and recognizing Metro Apps normally use for closing an App or Program is bound to closing Tabs when browsing the Web - Obviously not working if the Software doesn't recognize the Browser I'm using is not a default App Program thus instead of just closing a Tab it tries closing the entire App Program but with multiple Tabs open triggers a Confirmation Box about closing all Tabs with only the option to ALWAYS closing all Tabs and no NEVER option I'm writhing in agony Months ago and another Months before that I contacted Logitech about this and they were like quot We're looking into this quot but nothing has happened so far - Really disappointed So Question to the Windows Community Does anyone know of a DIY Solution for the LGS to recognize Metro Apps Normally I'd ask again at the Logitech quot Forums quot but since they've revamped them into some kind of weird Board not resembling any kind of Support Forum at all I don't feel like even bothering anymore gt gt

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61583-logitech-gaming-software-recognizing-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am a non-techie and need help desperately My Dell Dimension desktop is running Win XP Media A few days ago the mouse simply stopped working and on a reboot it did not fix it I was using a wireless keyboard and mouse and noticed the light was not coming on on the receiver transmitter so thought that perhaps that might be the problem At the time I did not have another keyboard with a usb plug my childs pc had a ps keyboard and i do not have a ps port So I used my childs pc and my wireless keyboard and mouse work perfectly on it including my transmitter receiver The problem recognizing PC mouse not is obviously not with the hardware since they do work on her pc I did however purchase a new keyboard and mouse - usb this time I get the same issue The keyboard works fine as PC not recognizing mouse I am able to boot in safe mode enter the set up etc and can move around in those screens As soon as it hits the XP log in screen though I am screwed the keyboard is useless and with no mouse I am unable to PC not recognizing mouse click PC not recognizing mouse on my user name to log in I guess the problem is twofold how can I bypass the log in screen so I can fix the mouse problem what is the mouse problem and how do I fix it I am a single parent with no entitlement to financial aid and because of the ages of my kids I am forced to work from home online Having my pc up and running is vital as my childs is not good enough to run everything I need to earn a living Any and all advice gratefully received Please bear in mind though my limited technical knowledge I know more than a beginner but am by no means an expert I am not sure if this thread belongs here or in the hardware section so am posting to both Carolyn nbsp

A:PC not recognizing mouse

Please do not double-post.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/733929-mouse-problem.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-recognizing-mouse.733928/
Relevancy 54.18%

I put in a few miceits not recognizing them. It recognizes my usb mouse that isnt working to good but not the ole ones
please help ty ema

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-not-recognizing-mouse-295387.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently had to completely wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall everything onto my computer. Upon startup, my computer doesn't always recognize my mouse. The mouse pointer is on the screen, but it won't move. If I restart, then it might recognize it. It's very intermittent. I've tried connecting it to different USB ports, and the same thing happens. I did not need to install a driver for the mouse for it to work, so I don't think it's a driver issue, but not really certain. Any thoughts?

A:Not Recognizing Mouse On Startup - Sometimes!

Have you tried another mouse?
Try that first.

Sounds like it could be a hardware problem.

Also, if you can, find an updated driver for the mouse.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42526/not-recognizing-mouse-on-startup-sometimes/
Relevancy 53.32%

my keyboard and mouse cut out and yes they are both plugged in. they are stock so i believe they are p/s 2 . uhm a the moment my keyboard is working but my mouse is not. sometimes my keyboard will also cut out but by restarting i can get it working again. can anyone please help me???

A:Computer not recognizing mouse

have you tried another k/b and or mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-recognizing-mouse.366138/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I hope someone out there can help me with the following problem that I am having with getting my NGS laptop mouse working again as it seems to be trapped.When I now plug the mouse into my laptop it comes up with the following message: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows 7 does not recognize it.For assistance solving this problem click this message If this does not resolve the problem then replace device ( mouse ).

A:Problem with recognizing my NGS mouse

Have you tried replacing the mouse as suggested? Have you tried your mouse on another computer? How old is this NGS mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-recognizing-my-ngs-mouse.1103678/
Relevancy 53.32%

Recently i bought Gigatech USB D optical mouse It worked for days perfectly and then suddenly for unknown reason it stopped working USB device not recognized nbsp I tried the mouse on other laptop works perfectly nbsp Last days i went through hell trying to get it working on my HP to no avail I reinstalled windows times and bit same error nbsp I tried uninstalling USB root hubs and all the devices under USB tab in device manager and restarting the laptop nbsp Mouse got recognized number of times under various names USB input device USB optical mouse and HID compliant device each time working for few seconds to few minutes while freezing all the time and then stopping to work completely including the led light under the mouse nbsp I tried unplugging all other usb devices no good copying files from File repository folder into not suddenly mouse 650 USB HP recognizing Inf folder no good taking out the battery and letting it sit for - min no good nbsp Other usb devices i use WiFi antenna and keyboard work fine in whatever port i plug them in but mouse keeps getting not recognized whatever i do and like i said even when it does for few seconds HP 650 suddenly not recognizing USB mouse it keeps freezing and dies nbsp It worked perfectly for days and than this i have no idea of the cause or the solution please help if you have any idea nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-650-suddenly-not-recognizing-USB-mouse/td-p/5745779
Relevancy 52.89%

I bought an Acer Aspire 5515 laptop last week with the Vista Home Edition OS. It worked fine for a few days, but now it doesn't seem to recognize my mouse at all. I've been Googling for a solid three hours and nothing seems to have worked.

As far as I can tell the mouse works alright on XP machines, so I'm fairly certain this is a Vista problem. Any ideas?

A:Solved: Vista: Not Recognizing Mouse

Try to connect to other USB port, and reboot PC, or use keyboard, to search for hardware changes. If mouse has more than 3 buttons, it usually comes with disk, try installing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-not-recognizing-mouse.882139/
Relevancy 52.89%

Well, my computer must have been infected because my keyboard and mouse turn on while in BIOS(Forgot my password like an idiot!). I can't get into my Windows 7 PC because I can't enter my password...
****Specs****
eMachines computer T6520
2 or 4 GB of RAM
The original processor(AMD Athlon I think)
WD Caviar Green 1.0TB 32MB cache SATA HDD
Some IDE HDD
Logitech k310 Washable Keyboard USB
Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 USB mouse
I don't even know what motherboard it is.
****End of specs****
Thanks,
FNCPro

A:USB Mouse and Keyboard is not recognizing when starting.

Hi FNCPro,

I think I understand your topic but are you asking for help to retrieve your password or what specifically ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501190/usb-mouse-and-keyboard-is-not-recognizing-when-starting/
Relevancy 52.89%

I reinstalled my windows xp onto a new hard drive. It will recognize my keyboard and mouse, but when I plug my dell keyboard and my logitech wirless mouse into the usb ports it will not recognize them and come to the hardware update wizard. Also if I switch the mouse and keyboard that does work to a different USB port they will stop working. Im not to sure if it is the USB driver its self that is not working or something else.

Relevancy 52.89%

After updating my Windows 8.1 today (KB2919355 and KB2933809), I realized that the taskbar sometimes doesn't recognize the mouse when it is at the very bottom pixels of the screen. I have yet to find a pattern to when it happens, but I just tested that it always happens when I switch to something that opens in full screen in the taskbar, go in the opened window and then go back down into the taskbar. It can get really annoying when you are often going from one program to another. I use start8 if that can influence it any way but I don't think that is the reason. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Not only programs in full screen it seems.

A:Problem with the taskbar not recognizing the mouse

Hello Spinatbaum, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you mean while in a modern app or screen, I find that pressing the + T keys work best to open the taskbar with.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45119-problem-taskbar-not-recognizing-mouse.html
Relevancy 52.89%

As soon as I bought the woreless mouse was working well but then without any message it is not being recognized any more. I tried to copy files from a remote Iomega hard disk and at the beginning of the paste it was working well but suddenly stopped there was a message about an error and when I tried to rebegun the task it is not possible any more. Appear that the device is being connected but nothing happens.From a video for other model it was said that I have to reset the computer but I did not find the way in the Spectre x 360 as it seems it is a new model and what was said did not work for my computer.Note that a pendrive is working well to read, copy and save files in the same USB port.Thank you for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/USB-port-not-recognizing-the-wireless-mouse/td-p/5649116
Relevancy 52.89%

I couldn't quite find a forum that was a good match for my question so I went with General Hope I'm in the right place Win Home mouse any not CD or recognizing keyboard Boot Premium bit SP- There is a cloning program that I use and really like called EZ Gig IV It's made by Apricorn I know there are a million free programs out there Boot CD not recognizing any mouse or keyboard and I've tried a lot of them but this one is so simple and really meets my needs So would appreciate avoiding recommendations to change programs Thanks They just updated their software version with some bug fixes and enhancements and now their Boot CD no longer recognizes my USB keyboard or mouse I've even tried swapping them with other brands Oddly it works fine on my wife's PC Slightly different model computer but same HP and OS Their last version of Boot CD worked fine Also their updated program works fine within Windows It's just the updated Boot CD v EZ Gig allows free downloads of their Boot CD if forms A bootable file made once the program is running in Windows an ISO file I've tried both with same issue Here's the link http www apricorn com products software ezgig html I spoke with their Tech Support and was told there is nothing that can be done Perhaps true I have no experience in this area but am hoping there is a way to use their ISO file and somehow combine it with a Windows file that would provide the drivers or whatever is missing and make the thing see my keyboard and mouse I've heard some things about Windows PE but don't know if that's applicable Sorry for the long post Thanks all

A:Boot CD not recognizing any mouse or keyboard

If you want to go with the WinPE option, here is one of the easier video tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQGujsHcq6U

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312888-boot-cd-not-recognizing-any-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am posting this because I have looked all around the Internet for a solution to no avail. I had recently updated my desktop to Windows 10 from Windows 8 and when it asks me to log into my profile I can no longer use the mouse or keyboard. My computer is now nothing more than a $600 doorstop. How do I fix this?

A:Windows 10 Desktop not recognizing Mouse and Keyboard

@HPGamer280?, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.  Also, what is the model of the mouse and keyboard?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Windows-10-Desktop-not-recognizing-Mouse-and-Keyboard/td-p/5701075
Relevancy 52.03%

Laptop stopped recognizing Logitech Mouse USV. Moved it
to another Laptop and it worked fine. Tried another mouse
and it would not recognize it either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stopped-recognizing-logitech-mouse-usv.1169030/
Relevancy 52.03%

So. When I first installed it today the mouse worked fine, I had logitech setpoint on there (Mouse is a logitech M100)

And after installing some updates, the mouse wouldn't work with vista. I highly doubt an update broke it, So I prefer responses not about that since they were security patches.

Regardless I kinda need the mouse to work since I sort of well lack a touchpad. (broke not drivers)

Please hurry with your responses.

A:Vista not recognizing Logitech mouse. Just my luck.

Nevermind. I really don't care anymore.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/300877-vista-not-recognizing-logitech-mouse-just-my-luck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

One day while using my computer i noticed my mouse stopped working which is plugged into my USB port. After investigating i realized my USB ports were giving power but my computer was not recognizing them. My keyboard still worked since it was plugged in the old Keyboard input however when i went to get an old mouse to plug in the mouse input it still wouldn't recognize it. My Control panel wouldn't open the "Mouse" menu either. After awhile i went back to try my computer and noticed now the Keyboard wont even work. Thinking it was a port issue i took my extra computer and just plugged the hard drive into the extra one and now i have the same problem so I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my hard drive. I have no idea what to do since i cant log in or anything. Please Help.

A:Hard Drive not recognizing Mouse, Keyboard, or USB

Never connect or disconnect mice and keyboards that have the round PS/2 connectors without first turning off the computer.

Have a local friend who knows about computers take a look at it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-not-recognizing-mouse-keyboard-or-usb.958496/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was having trouble with my pavilion burning up hard into switch usb plugged not port after recognizing Laptop mouse hd drives so I purchased a new one rather than replacing it with the same one HP always done I purchased the hard drive from Best Buy and they installed it into my laptop I then loaded the OS and applications and drivers using the original recovery disks provided by HP After that I updated windows XP until all the updates were completed My problem is that the computer doesn t recognize usb mouses I tried using my Razer Diamondback and it wouldn t recognize the hardware After using the driver install disc provided with the mouse it still wouldn t work I also attempted to download the lastest drivers directly from the website and that wouldn t work I ve had two other people who are much more computer literate than myself look at the computer and they couldn t figure out the problem either It appears that it is only a problem with mice I tried another mouse and it didn t work either Also it recognized other usb equipment just not mice My friend also said that with the current XP installation service pack it should automatically recognize most usb devices even with the driver disks Any help into what could be causing this problem would be appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop not recognizing mouse plugged into usb port after hd switch

Hi friend....

The most likely to happen in your case is that while repairing your system they reseted CMOS/BIOS or they updated it (it usually resets itself to defaults after update). In BIOS there is an option for usb keyboard and mouse support. Since you have a laptop this option could be by default disabled. Hopefully, getting into BIOS and enabling usb mouse support will do the job! This option is more likely to be found in the "integrated peripherals" section of your BIOS setup. Then exit and save. Usually to access BIOS you have to press DEL during the POST/startup screen. You may have came across the message "Press DEL to enter setup". I cannot know many details since BIOSes have differences between computers especially laptops. Of course go ahead on asking questions if you want me to be more specific on something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-recognizing-mouse-plugged-into-usb-port-after-hd-switch.590572/
Relevancy 51.6%

Somehow or other I seem to have lost my mouse driver for the two or three button mouse with a wire for driver mouse XP 3_2 button SP Mouse which plugs into the back of the computer and I want it back I don t like the wireless mice which still work and I am using one now but not by choice All I want is Mouse driver for XP SP 3_2 button mouse a file I can load then plug my old two button KeyMouse into the back of the computer and use the mouse HP Key products and MicroSoft say that they don t have any or that I m not smart enough to use them or whatever Anyone got any suggestions I tried one of those software driver update programs but it wanted to change things in my system I m happy with my old system exactly as it is except for the mouse so I dumped it and cleaned the registry I m sure there s a generic mouse driver kicking around somewhere but neither AOL or ASK can find it The old thread has expired and it told me to start a new one I did Any help will be gratefully received Thanks Zedex nbsp

A:Mouse driver for XP SP 3_2 button mouse

What's the make and model of the mouse? I have a few old-timey drivers that might work, but they only support certain ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-driver-for-xp-sp-3_2-button-mouse.891474/
Relevancy 48.59%

Are there any 5 or 6 button mice designed to work with Mac OS X 10.5 and higher?
I'll even settle for a 4 button mouse (no less)
The "mighty mouse" is starting to stink in my opinion, so I'd like to find a new mouse that will work with my iMac. One that will work with Macs "choose a button" system of deciding what I want each button to do.

left-click and right-click buttons
360║ scroll wheel
extra button for ExposÚ
extra button for Application Switcher
extra button for Dashboard
extra button for whatever else I decide

A:5 or 6 button mouse?

Try Logitech mice www.logitech.com Most of their mice are 4 buttons + scroll wheel. They include drivers for both Windows and Mac - but you have to download the mac drives from here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/494/3129&cl=gb,en

Check out there selection, then order online.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-or-6-button-mouse.789099/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I right click a window would pop up copy/paste/cut,print etc. this no longer pops up looking for a fix? Thanks

A:Mouse button

klinger1, In which window is the right click menu not appearing? You may want to try "Method 2 - Using ShellExView to determine the Context-menu causing the problem" at the link below.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-button.842559/
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there anyway to get the middle button on a 3-button mouse to have a purpose on Windows 95?
Its a lot of fun to frantically click during long loads, but I'd prefer to give it a task

A:3 button mouse

If the mouse has a third button then it should do something SO LONG as the correct drivers are installed. Go to the mouse manufacturer's site and download a driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-button-mouse.75362/
Relevancy 48.59%

Strange problem in Windows 2000. Right mouse button not working on laptop with either the mouse pad nor an external wired mouse. Was OK in Win Me. Reloaded Win 2K (hence the mouse driver again)with no luck.

Any advice?

Thanks much in advance.
My Office

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-mouse-button.137984/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all,

I am new here so please bare with me. I just upgraded my Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium yesterday. Finally after a long wait to get it done, my pc is amazing and I love it so far. However one problem is driving me nuts. I have a brand new mouse it's a logitech and it's wireless, I have fresh batteries in it and I have re-set the pc numerous times as well as checked all mouse settings. I have looked everywhere and when I right click on the mouse (any mouse I connect to the pc at this point) it only opens up with a white or pink box as show in the picture below. Nothing pops up. I really use that right click a lot, I hope you all can help. I can't even right click on start menu, same thing happens, so its hard to fix it..

A:Right Mouse Button

Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

Have a look at this excellent tutorial, it might solve it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150922-right-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just bought a new mouse, it has 3 buttons.

What the heck does the middle button do?

A:3 button mouse

jssch

As a matter of default, the middle button is usually a double click. The software that came with it should allow you to program it for other functions.

SeeYa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-button-mouse.120912/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've tried multiple versions of Trust's mouse drivers for my model.
( trust.com/15080 ) But installed the drivers actually causes my mouse to stop responding!

I have to use my keyboard to navigate to the Control Panel and Uninstall the drivers to get mouse to function again.

Very odd.

Can a digital signature (or lack of) cause a complete cease in functionality for a device?

Any idea's?

(I've tried running the installers in various compatibility modes but had no luck. I've also tried decompiling the installer and browsing the extracted files but had no luck there either.)

QUICK EDIT: The mouse works fine as a 3 button device with the default Windows 7 drivers.
I've been trying the Trust drivers so I can enable the extra 2 mouse buttons.

A:Anyone using a 5-button Trust mouse on 7?

Hi I'm using the Trust 3410 Wireless deskset, 15184, and am just using the default win7 drivers for both the keyboard and mouse without any problems all the extra keyboard keys work and the mouse buttons all work too

have also had no problems with either the wired or individual wireless mice without any drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/12887-anyone-using-5-button-trust-mouse-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My left mouse button isn't working right. When I try and click things, sometimes it takes several clicks before the damn thing works. Does the mouse need some sort of cleaning? How would I go about doing that? It looks almost impossible to clean this damn mouse.

Relevancy 48.16%

Whenever I click the right mouse button on a folder I get this message then I click ok and the drop menu appears like it should. This message only shows up when I click on a folder if I right click anywhere else like in start on just my desktop everything is ok. I probably caused this error when trying to uninstall f-secure antivirus apparently the uninstall folder went missing so I tried removing it manually and that as it seems bite me in the ***, for a moment even my browsers didn't want to work but thankfully they started working again after I forcefully removed all of the f-secure side programs (actually some of the files still don't want to get deleted). Also the error when I got for the first was a bit different it mentioned something about SVL or SLV don't really remember that well anymore.

Thx in advance for any help

A:Trouble when using the right mouse button

Did you try re-installing then uninstalling again? Something might have gone wrong in the uninstall process, and I've seen on a few threads that re-installing has helped?

Cheers,
Kim
Windows Outreach Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-when-using-the-right-mouse-button.946990/
Relevancy 48.16%

I used to be able to do all kinds of manipulations using my right mouse button: selecting, cutting, pasting, and many other options. Suddenly it has stopped working. I can't even bring up the menus normally available by right clicking on the desktop.

Could anyone tell me what has happened here, and how I can get my right mouse button operating again?

Thank you,
Robert

A:Right mouse button not working

Well, without seeming obnoxious or dumbing down here, a mouse is pretty easy to address. Try these:

1. Clean the mouse
2. Go to Control Panel and slect Mouse and play with settings (you may have had sdome one switch the thing to left hand or something)
3. Try a different mouse and see if that works
4. In System properties (Control Panel), remove the mouse and reboot.

One of those oghta do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-mouse-button-not-working.74314/
Relevancy 48.16%

More and more often, my back button on my mouse does not work as I browse the web. It used to be only on a very few websites. But now, almost every other website seems to be having this issue. Let's say you're browsing the web and you're at point A, from Point A you go to Point B, then you click the back button on your mouse to go back to point A but you're stuck at Point B. Very annoying. I thought it had to do with my browser but it's not a browser issue, the culprits are the websites developers. It seems they've developed some scripts that will not allow you to click the back button to go to your previous webpage. I know there's a work-around this but it's very annoying. It would be so much more simpler if you can just click on the back button. 

A:Mouse back button

To get around the problem, right-click the link for Point B and select Open in New Tab/Window. That way, when you're done with Point B, simply close the Tab/Window and Point A will be right there where you left it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502751/mouse-back-button/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I got my new laptop today. And I found out that the right button of the mouse is not working. I tried uninstalling the software and installing it back again. Doesn't help. Please help !!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Right-Button-Mouse-New-Not-Working/td-p/5852287
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a 5 button dynex mouse, DX-KBWM2, (bought it with the keyboard a long time ago because it was a cheap keyboard, then tossed the mouse in my basement. Got a laptop, and I needed it), and the drivers are installed. included was "browser mouse". a fairly useless utility that should control how the mouse act but doesn't appear to do anything.

Anyway, is it possible with my mouse to have the fifth button as a shift function?

Thanks.

A:Possible to have shift as a mouse-button?

It's possible if you have the software that will assign the button functions. I know of no other way to do it.

Intellipoint can assign the Shift function to any desired button for Microsoft mice, so installing it and seeing if there is an equivalent mouse listed in the hardware configuration may be worth a shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-have-shift-as-a-mouse-button.682550/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Presently when I click Start Programs a list of installed programs appears. Previously I could highlight a program and select Sort.

Now nothing appears when I Right Click. Right Click works in Outlook and Firefox and Notepad.

I will appreciate any insights.

Thanks

K2B

A:Right mouse button not working Win XP Pro

Try this: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/SMRightClick.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/right-mouse-button-not-working-win-xp-pro.109081/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, when i'm surfing the net, and i press the right mouse button in the explorer window, instead of gettin' that little window with "cut","copy","paste" and all those others things, it opens a new explorer window and i can never get to that menu window!!
What do i do to normally use the right button inside a explorer window??

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all I m running Vista SP on a Dell XPS Now I get weird behavior every now and then but i have no idea if it s viral For instance my mousepad buttons keep getting switched around left mousepad button now becomes right mousepad button so when i left-click something the right-click menu appears Now this does not happen at random times like I assume would happen if say it was a virus It usually happens when MOUSE BEHAVIOR ET. AL. BUTTON i enter hibernate after leaving the laptop idle or when my wife logs onto her profile and then I log back onto mine after she logs out Could this be a hardware software issue or is it some sort of virus Also I get the whole quot MOUSE BUTTON BEHAVIOR ET. AL. You are at risk for virus infection Something-or-other scan will scan your computer now OK quot kind of alert maybe once in a blue moon I never click on it soon as that crap appears I kill firefox with Process Explorer then restart Firefox and delete all history even saved forms and clear the cache and I also have Root Repeal which I use immediately to verify if anything gets loaded and hidden So far Root Repeal logs are clean from what I can tell - no hidden modules or hidden processes a few allocation mismatches though usually on c temp sqlite-something or on c temp mcafee - always the same items I can run a fresh scan if you need me to and post the results here I hope with your help both issues would be resolved I am very optimistic regarding this Please any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks tekktronic

A:MOUSE BUTTON BEHAVIOR ET. AL.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.Lets take a look with MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:MalwarebytesPlease rename the file BEFORE downloading to zztoy.exe instead of mbam-setup.exeMBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Double Click zztoy.exe to install the application.* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.If Malwarebytes won't install or runSome types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277497/mouse-button-behavior-et-al/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am running WIndows 2000 with all the latest patches. The system has been in storage for 10 months and has just been hooked up again. Previously it worked fine. Now, AFTER I CONNECT WITH MY DIAL UP CONNECTION, and try to "disconnect" I can not! Clicking on the task bar icon and then left clicking on "disconnect" does not work. Choosing NETWORK CONNECTIONS and then choosing "Disconnect" does not work.

The only thing that gets right mouse functionality back is to reboot. What a drag!

Any have any ideas? I am stumped!
Thanks..

Ron

A:RIGHT mouse Button inactive.... sometimes

If the network is the only place where this problem occurs,
suggest you reinstall your ISP software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-mouse-button-inactive-sometimes.172757/
Relevancy 48.16%

Whenever I click the right mouse button on a folder I get this message then I click ok and the drop menu appears like it should. This message only shows up when I click on a folder if I right click anywhere else like in start on just my desktop everything is ok. I probably caused this error when trying to uninstall f-secure antivirus apparently the uninstall folder went missing so I tried removing it manually and that as it seems bite me in the ***, for a moment even my browsers didn't want to work but thankfully they started working again after I forcefully removed all of the f-secure side programs (actually some of the files still don't want to get deleted). Also the error when I got for the first was a bit different it mentioned something about SVL or SLV don't really remember that well anymore.

Thx in advance for any help

A:Trouble when using the right mouse button

Try another mouse.
Try this free program to remove the remnants of F-Secure: http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corp...removeav.shtml or ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-when-using-the-right-mouse-button-510628.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought a 8 button game pad from the shop as he assured that drivers are available in some website. But drivers are not available there. Later I found that the game pad I have purchased is connecting to serial port (printer port) not to the Game device port in the sound card. Please help me in getting the driver.

A:Driver for my 8 button mouse pad

Is there a name on the device? Serial number, anything to identify it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-for-my-8-button-mouse-pad.77680/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hm.. well... if the title doesn't tell enough, here's more info -
Alright, first off, the left mouse button is my only one, and it functions as though it were the right click, and yeah, I have checked the CP for mouse to see if it was set on reverse, unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem =/ Well, right now, all I can use is the left mouse, and it Open's things, not just a simple double click... and yeah, my right click is just completely out, I tried to put in my other mouse, but my com failed on me when I did... also my enter button for my keyboard [both Numpad and Reg] are both out... anyone ever hear of this problem?

A:Right Mouse Button completely out?

Is the mouse USB or ps2, roller or optical?

Does the same behavior with the mouse occur in Safe Mode?

What exactly happened when you tried to put in the new mouse? If there is mouse software installed -- just uninstall it. Then shutdown and replace the mouse and reboot. No need to install nada.
Test the keyboard by booting to a command prompt -- either Start > Shutdown > Restart in MS-DOS mode, or restart and hold the ctrl key and choose "command prompt" from the startup menu.

If the keyboard does not work in DOS it is the keyboard, and not Windows fault. Get a new one, or try prising off the faulty key cap and doing a little cleaning if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-mouse-button-completely-out.429795/
Relevancy 48.16%

I use a program that requires me to middle mouse click and sometimes holding the middle mouse button and clicking with the right one...

but it keeps coming up with a windows 7 open programs scrolling option in the middle of my screen... could someone advise me on how to remove it please.

A:Middle Mouse Button

Can you tell us what program you mean also what mouse do you have and have you installed the drivers for the particular mouse you have.

Depending on what you have you probably have options to set how the buttons and wheel work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34877-middle-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi!
Is there any possibility to change the menu that appeared when in Windows Explorer one use the right mouse button or key that is between the right Ctrl and Windows Key (with note and pen)on the any file name. Menu includes such commands as
Copy, Cut, Open, Delete, SendTo, Properties and so on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-right-button-menu.168576/
Relevancy 48.16%

Can some one tell me how to regain my controls with right mouse bitton when in IE 7.
They were working fine yesterday. I have right mouse button controls in Firefox and on my computer its just IE 7 for some reason there nothing. Thank you. Xandr
I could not find where in this forum to change my email address so I hope you can respond until I figure it our.

A:Right Mouse Button Controls In Ie 7.0

Enter "My Controls" (Toggle is at the top middle of most every forum page).

At the left side bottom you will see under Options - "Change Email Address".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93324/right-mouse-button-controls-in-ie-70/
Relevancy 48.16%

I need to find out if it is possible to disable the right mouse button. I'll be using windows 2000

A:Disabling right mouse button

First, I think that's going to depend on something besides your operating system:

The mouse model, which may have to have this capability or
The application, which may have to have this capability

Do you know these two things yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-right-mouse-button.39792/
Relevancy 48.16%

How do I set an extra mouse button as a key from my keyboard. Example, I want mouse button 5 (a button on the side of my gaming mouse) to be the keyboard key 5

Relevancy 48.16%

When I right click on a file in a office application (Word 2000, publisher 2000 and excel) in order to delete the file or change its name, I get a message "Bad-Mem-Pointer" and when I click this i get a "Smart Heap" window saying the the program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down. clicking ok shuts the program down- clicking details shows a fault in kernal32.dll- this window cannot be closed until the computer is rebooted- The problem with the right mouse click does not happen in explorer, only in the programs Open File window. If I use the left button to access tools, I can perform the functions. What can I do to correct this?

A:Problems with right mouse button.

You could go into the mouse folder in control panel>mouse and see if there's anything unwanted set for the right button. Barring that, you may want to search for updated mouse drivers and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-right-mouse-button.37031/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi

i have windows 7 ultimate, with kaspersky internet security,
Its not a gaming machine.
since today i noticed that i click twice on the icon internet explorer ou microsoft outlook and does not open,i must do open with right button.
What is happening ?
I have a kvm switch with usb and audio support for 2 pcs.
The mouse is a microsoft optical, i tried with a different mouse and its the same, on windows xp on the other pc works ok.

A:left mouse button

Hi! fjabrantes, welcome to W7F

Mouse Button - Vista Forums

Go to >Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Mouse

And make sure, the Switch Primary and Secondary button box is un-checked

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117208-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys, I just got a five button wireless mouse for my laptop, I would like to know if it is possible to change the two side buttons. Right now it's set to hit back and forward in web browsers. It didn't come with any drivers, just plug in play. It works fine, just want to know how to remap the buttons. Thanks!

A:Five button mouse support

RJ12,
Welcome to 7 Forum
Here's a link that may be helpful.

Anyone using a 5-button Trust mouse on 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132987-five-button-mouse-support.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I work for a library and all I want to do is completely disable the right mouse button in Windows XP on public access computers (but allow me to login as administrator and enable/disable it again). I figured Windows would have something like this built in, but it doesn't. I figured there would be a freeware program that could do this, but I can't find one. Some mouse drivers allow you to disable the right mouse button, but not for the mice I have. Do you know of some obscure Windows XP registry setting that would allow me to disable the right mouse button (in all contexts), or of a simple freeware utility that would allow me to do this?

Relevancy 47.73%

My little brother was using the computer last night and said that everything froze up for a bit and he could not click on anything When I rebooted it said quot Active Desktop Recovery quot on the screen as part of the wall paper saying it was disabled It had instructions to turn it back on and there was a button to click for me to restore it But I could not click on it The right-click works just fine I figured out button mouse Left not working! how to switch primary control to the right button on the mouse so I could Left mouse button not working! get around while fixing it Unfortunately now that I can use right click the restore active desktop button is gone It disappeared after a reboot I have run McAfee Panda Active Scan Spybot Ad-Aware and Registry Mechanic There were a few infected Left mouse button not working! files and spyware and I removed them The problem still exists I have uninstalled the mouse driver and let the computer auto-install the driver on reboot If anyone has any idea how to fix this then please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System cvss exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Left mouse button not working! Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files GoogleDCC GoogleDCC exe C Program Files CASIO PC Connect for CASSIOPEIA pclstart exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system mobsync exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http scif blogspot com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion In... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

It just isn't. Its a HP optical mouse but I've noticed that if I try another mouse i have from compaq it still doesn't work. I dunno what kind of information you need, hope you can help me.

A:Middle Mouse Button not working

nevermind... mouse3 is working for the other mouse... but still... optical is so much more fun... is it possible that its the mouse thats broken?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/middle-mouse-button-not-working.168419/
Relevancy 47.73%

Well I suppose a cleaning is needed I didn't have a problem til yesterday afternoon My internet was just fine that morning but the next time I open it tons of pop ups started to appear While actavaing Silverlight ups, Pop working. button mouse not issues, and plug-in may have cause it but maybe it been around and I just haven't notice So I got pop ups a few types that act like banners that appear on the top and button of the page on on as well as some time on the sides and between certain areas depending of the site I'm on Somethig about cancer that appears on Pop ups, mouse issues, and button not working. the lower right buttom of my screen stuck there regrdless where abouts on the site I'm on A flip page looking one that unfold as I get neer it it stays on the upper right side of the page Ever since this has started I can't seem the fav artwork or the X buttion seem busted in some cases Random taps along with pages will just pop up with redirecting me some times but rarely Sometimes certain word words are under line and highlight it green and give a avertisement that way There is a random green screach bar in some pages Also all of the ads have Powered by Plugin if that helps out in anyway There is a black screen pop up that has be lingering around for a while but Pop ups, mouse issues, and button not working. it doesn't stay on screen for about a secend and poofs gone I berely have any time to write it done til eailer today when I try to remove Optimizer Pro v and this Pop up screen comes up intead of ever deleting it C PROGRA OPTIMI unins exe Another thread that mention it so I check it and that one was so happen on my remove list Finally occasily my mouse will freak out and will move to the right and then stop even rarer it will go in the the uper right coner and get stuck fourcng me to reset and it fixes itself I'm not sure if my mouse causes it since it like once in a while thing I would think it happen more commen I also try blowing my mouse cord for it to do nothing So far I used Malwarebytes the latest version while it did wipe out a lot of files it didn't solve the issue I didn't save the log thinking it was solve Also my subcription for AVG Internet Security has ended and I can't scan with it I also try disabling some plugins but that did nothing taht may be cousing my cerrection lines from not poping up I think I reactivate them for now unless other wise told That all I have done I'm not gonna go screw around anymore then what I have I don't wish to make it worst So if one of ya guys would help me out I'll be greatful Edit forgot to mention taht Chrom has teh same issue and I think Crazy Browser does too no pop ups but those tabs still pop up Alos I'm using Windows

A:Pop ups, mouse issues, and button not working.

Let's do these next and see how it is.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Pleas... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539841/pop-ups-mouse-issues-and-button-not-working/
Relevancy 47.73%

'Kinda puny priority inquiry here...

I acquired a secondhand mouse. It's not bad... wireless and USB. It has two extra buttons on the left side. These are apparently rigged to send Alt-Left-Arrow and Alt-Right-Arrow respectively, because when I am using my browser those buttons trigger the Back and Forward functions. What if I want to disable or change the behavior of those extra buttons? This is a totally generic mouse: instead of a manufacturer name it merely says, "Made in China". I did a cursory search on the Web for a generic driver for 4-button mice (for Windows Vista) and failed to find anything of use.

Your thoughts appreciated ... thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/know-of-driver-for-generic-4-button-mouse.989372/
Relevancy 47.73%

Lately I seem to be having sensitivity issues with my mouse. The left button's ability to hold is off... some clicks act as rapid double clicks or just let go. I want to make sure this is a problem with the MOUSE and not Windows 7.

I've tried internal cleaning but the actual button is clipped together and the wheel prevents me from unclipping one side to clean inside. I've tried switching USB ports, no good.

A:issues with the left mouse button

Could be the mouse that's busted. I have a Raptor gaming mouse sat in the wardrobe because it started double clicking even though my computers set to one click, and it became unbearable to use Winamp with.

Don't you have another PC you could test it with to be sure?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/68266-issues-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 47.73%

It stopped working, and has no 'click'. Same with new mouse. Original mouse worked OK on another computer. Left mouse button function was ok when switched to right mouse button. Pad function is normal. Uninstalling mouse driver reconnecting mouse, and restoring Vista, did not help.

Malware??

A:left mouse button failure

i just received the same problem. I have an HP wireless mouse. I was browsing the internet and suddenly the left button stopped working. Everything else worked fine. I used my keyboard to run a norton full system scan, but it yielded no results. After about 2-3 minutes, it started to work again for some reason. something tells me this is a virus, but since none of my antivirus programs (Windows Defender and Norton) come up with anything, i am skeptical of it. any other ideas?

P.S. When i started to get functionality back into my left mouse button, my computer was running a lot slower than normal, but now after about 5-10 minutes, its back up to speed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-failure.859962/
Relevancy 47.73%

This is weird, the cursor won't budge while i have the right button pressed... i just bought this pos a month ago, is there anything i can do?

A:Mouse won't move while pressing right button

get it back to the store

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-wont-move-while-pressing-right-button.173899/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Logitech Track Man Marble mouse. I has 3 buttons which I use the middle button as a single click to double click, when you set it in the logitech program.
Just loaded XP Pro, every time I re-boot I have to reset the middle button to double click. Have the latest drivers.

Any Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-double-click-button.321802/
Relevancy 47.73%

I just recently got my th Thinkpad a th Gen X Carbon Out of the box the left mouse button did not feel right it would not click properly So I took it off to see that the fragile plastic that holds it in place was completely 4th Button X1 Carbon Mouse Damaged Gen New - smashed so that it would not operate properly I called tech support and they claimed they would send me a replacment piece immediately so that I could place it on myself and be happily on my way Now a week later I have recieved nothing and I call back and they act like they have no idea what I'm talking about and tell me I will have to send the machine in to be fixed nbsp nbsp It is so frustrating nbsp that they sent it from the factory New X1 Carbon 4th Gen - Damaged Mouse Button with this issue but to screw up the support like this makes it so much worse nbsp nbsp I have been a very satisfied Thinkpad customer over the years but this really has me thinking about finding a new brand nbsp Rant over Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/New-X1-Carbon-4th-Gen-Damaged-Mouse-Button/td-p/3427264
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys,

Quick question: Several days ago I installed a prog on my system, and now I have uninstalled the program it has left two entries in my right mouse button menu. How can I remove these entries.

Cheers
Wizzkid

Relevancy 47.73%

i have got a problem, i am using keyboard, just no mouse so how can i tick the radio button?

A:how to tick radio button without using mouse?

Use the Tab and the arrows on the keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-tick-radio-button-without-using-mouse.590209/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ever since downloading Win10, I have an intermitten problem using the buttons on my mousepad.  I cannot "right" click and, many times, I cannot choose a different tab on my web page.  For example, if I have four tabs open (google chrome or IE), I can't click on a tab, but I can open a new tab. I've checked out my settings for the mouse; things seem to be set okay there.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Mouse-Pad-Button-Work-Intermittenly/td-p/5835716
Relevancy 47.73%

When I'm on-line the left mouse button won't work, although it works fine when I'm off-line. When on-lin, in order to acces a link or open a file, I have to use the right button, and then select "open" from the menu. I also can't check boxes or select options in online forms... This just started happening recently, I've restored the system back as far as possible, but that didn't help. I've also had the hardware and software ,(ie The mouse) cleared, so those aren't the issue either. Maybe the registry?...

A:Left Mouse-button Issue

Hi 516John,

I'll assume by "online" you mean while using a browser, such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox - please correct me if this is not what you mean.

When you say you've "cleared" the hardware and software, do you mean you've tried using the mouse with different browsers or different computers and the left-click works fine?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80301-left-mouse-button-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an HP Entertainment series laptop and the left quot click quot button with the touchpad has always sort-of STICKS! OMG...my button laptop mouse stuck on the one side To try and give you a visual these buttons are long and if you clicked on it more to the left side of the button OMG...my laptop mouse button STICKS! it seemed as though that part was getting stuck under the casing as if the button were too long to really pop under the casing without getting caught I would have to re-push on the opposite side to get it to pop back up The last few weeks it has become more frequent and I thought that maybe there was some dirt grime etc that might ve been the culprit so I just took a can of air to the creases of it Since then it has been worse YET NOW there are times when it doesn t even have to stick DOWN to be quot stuck quot When this happens I can t click on ANYTHING no quot hand quot appears on links and if I move the pointer it highlights the text on a page BLUE as if I were holding clicking dragging type of thing And I might add when it gets like this it is VERY VERY difficult to get back to quot normal quot UGH Is there any way for me to safely remove this button so I can check it out underneath I ve raised it up a bit with a needle to try and see but I am terrified to really be like quot HMMMM what does THIS do quot I am pretty handy but this is an avenue I haven t ventured and I don t like experimenting on a month old machine Any ideas for me I would GREATLY appreciate it Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/omg-my-laptop-mouse-button-sticks.871657/
Relevancy 47.73%

Sorry I can't find if this issue has been posted, We have a Compaq laptop running Vista Home Premium. All was well until this morning when we went to use the computer the buttons for the mouse won't click on anything. If we get a window to open and click either mouse button all that comes up is a double scroll icon thingy. We have looked at the mouse settings and found nothing. Does anyone know what we did and how to fix it? Thanks for your help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/181510-laptop-mouse-button-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have searched high and low to try to order a replacement left mouse button for my Lenovo Z40-70 but I cannot figure out how to find a replacement. Can anyone please help me? Is there a way I can find directions on how to fix this? I was able to slide out the bad button (picture) but I am frankly not sure how to get a new one in there. Any help is appreciated!

20160802_145350.jpg ?2129 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z40-Mouse-Button-Replacement/td-p/3385154
Relevancy 47.73%

So I find myself zooming in and out of pages in chrome a lot and would like to start using the magnifier. I was just wondering if I could make it a whole lot easier based on how frequently I would be using it by being able to bind it to a single, extra mouse button. It would be quite handy if I could turn it on and off with a single button rather than a key combo shortcut, I don't want it on all the time and would most likely be turning it on and off very frequently. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-bind-magnifier-to-mouse-button.1164155/
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently my mouse has begun to act weird. Whenever im in a browser, opera, firefox, IE, and i scroll in the page with the mouse, it goes back a page in the browser. I've looked everywhere and can't find any option in my mouse properties that would allow me too change this. Please, this is one of the most annoying things that has ever happened to my computer. Any help would be appreciated.-BenEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Mouse Scroll Button Problem

If it's a cordless mouse, check if the batteries need to be replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127473/mouse-scroll-button-problem/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I right click, the mouse doesn't respond....>.< It worked perfectly fine yesterday. I don't think it's the mouse's problem because when I switched the mice, the right button for the other mice didn't respond either.

I'm running Windows ME.

Help!
Thanks.

A:Right Mouse Button Stopped Working

Go into control panel and click mouse icon and see if you can run the troubleshooter there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-mouse-button-stopped-working.268232/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there,

I would like some help with a dire problem that I have with my mouse. In any game that I play it causes me to spin around and stare at the sky or the floor or somthing in the next 90 degrees whenever I release the right mouse button. I have ruled out the following:

Out of date drivers
Different Mouse
Out of date windows
Out of date direct X
Different Surface for mouse navigation

My mouse is an optical mouse and I cannot for the life of me understand why its doing this. It never happens outside of games.

I would really appreciate the help I get. Thank you!

A:Right Mouse Button causes spinning in games.

Go into the configuration of the game controller in the game and set the right click of the mouse to whatever function you want it to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/right-mouse-button-causes-spinning-in-games-522392.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an odd issue, that from my knowledge has only started recently. That is that my left mouse button lags quite a bit. This is most notable when i drag windows, as it would randomly select another window under the one i was dragging. Recently, it hasnt been clicking properly, i would have to hold the button down for a shot while (only a very shot moment, but it is very annoying and noticable) for it to click. I have an A4 Tech x7 lasermouse that has been working perfectly for years, it is only in the last few days that this problem has been occuring. I have ran virus scans and checked mouse settings in control panel without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:Cursor/mouse button lags

Given that you said the mouse has "been working perfectly for years" it is possible that the microswitch for the left mouse button is beginning to mechanically fail.

You might not like the answer, but I'm thinking it's time for a new mouse.

I know I've worn a few out over the years.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151636-cursor-mouse-button-lags.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm used to highlighting a sting and copying it with the middle mouse button. I notice this doesn't work with W7. Don't know if this ever worked with Windows. At any rate, does anyone know how to enable this feature?

My mouse is a LogicTech MX500.

Thanks,
Burt

A:Middle Mouse Button Copy

Hello Burt, and welcome to Seven Forums.

After you double click on your mouse's SetPoint settings icon in the taskbar notification area, you can select to have the middle button to use the Copy option.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94042-middle-mouse-button-copy.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Most of the time when I try to use my right mouse button ( for example, right clicking on an icon, photograph, file name) will freeze up the system and it will become un-responsive right away.

If I am doing a word doc, I can right click for spell check and that works fine, or right click the start menu.

I have a Dell computer running XP service pack 3 with a pent D 2.33Ghz and 1 G memory.

I tried renaming Normal.dotm, as someone had suggested, but it made no difference.

Any Ideas?

Lyle

Relevancy 47.73%

How do I disable the blue 'mouse' button in the middle of my keyboard? I never use it, intentionally, however, when I type a 'b', sometimes my text position moves. Since the 'b' is adjacent to the button, I figure I must be touching it inadvertently. So, I would like to disable it. Thanks.

A:Dell mouse button issue

i'd imagine it's somewhere in the setup menu when you installed it...try looking in control panel under "keyboard". there's probably an option for it there if it's possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-mouse-button-issue.615359/
Relevancy 47.73%

Is there a way to disable mouse buttons in 2000. I know you can in 95\98

A:disabling right mouse button in 2000

Yes in group policy editor, which I beleive to get into it you would goto the run command and type in gpedit.msc or maybe even just gpedit Either way you should find in here all kinds of ways of locking out functions that you don't want available.

Beware though if you lock something out, and you forget this command later you will find yourself doing a clean install to get back functionality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-right-mouse-button-in-2000.39811/
Relevancy 47.73%

My Third Mouse button stopped working out of the blue. I have no idea as to what might have caused this problem. I have a Logitech Wireless Mouse M205, and The Middle mouse button just won't work, the scroll wheel works fine, i've tried looking for a solution online but have yet to come up with anything. I already made sure my Drivers are up to date. Checked the Mouse properties but no options to assign what the third button should do...I am stumped, and any help with this would be much appreciated.

A:Third Mouse Button No Longer Works.

It says on the Logitec site you need Setpoint installed, which you can find here - Logitech

I have an AnywhereMX which works fine with or without it, but try and see if it solves your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/58409-third-mouse-button-no-longer-works.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all I'm having a problem with the mouse on the laptop I'm writing this from. It is a Dell Latitude D620 and the motherboard and keyboard have both been replaced twice. However, the mouse will not move when using the pointer or the trackpad. When a USB mouse is connected, everything works fine. While comparing with another D620, I noticed that the mouse options in the control panel are missing several tabs that the other laptop has.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Mouse Button And Trackpad Not Recognized

Hello, nickel-less. You're not the only one ;)Try installing this:http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=149404Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140751/mouse-button-and-trackpad-not-recognized/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
Hopefully sometime in the near future the developer's of edge browser will give us more option's when using a mouse, such as back.
David

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/55834-mouse-right-click-button-still-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I bought HP Pro x2 612 G1 ... original stylus doesnt have 3rd ("middle mouse") button ..but i need it for my work with Maya.. I also bought stylus Wacom UP-817E - PEN FOR PL-900 which is compatible..but 3rd ("middle mouse") button doesnt work ..driver have no option for this.. is there any solution? i already write mail to wacom but they dont help me. thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/3rd-quot-middle-mouse-quot-button-not-working-with-HP-Pro-x2/td-p/5620595
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey everyone Lately I ve been having games. Right mouse various Solved: button in a really annoying problem with a few games only FPS so far though Solved: Right mouse button in various games. I ve had this problem in Fallout and Fallout New Vegas The problem is that whenever I press the right mouse button the mouse jumps to a completely different position Like for example I was trying to aim down the sights at some enemy instead of continuing to point the gun where I want to it spins around and I might end up aiming at the sky ground or just somewhere behind me This happens everywhere in the game where the right mouse button has some sort of a function even in menus I always try to have the latest drivers for my hardware so I don t know if they are the problem I m running Win have a Logitech G laser mouse and a GeForce GT not at home but pretty sure this is correct Has anyone had this problem or knows how to fix it nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Time for your daily chuckle. And when you're done, some assistance.

We have down here that received a popup on her computer screen while she was using access, she thinks. She either clicked yes or no on the message. She doesn't remember what the message said. She noticed several hours later that her right mouse button wasn't working.

I've been searching the internet for reactivating and inactivating right mouse buttons, and I see lots of things about hardware (which this isn't), and turning off the right mouse function in webpages, but not much else.

Anyone with a constructive suggestion, send it my way please.

A:Right Mouse Button Doesn't Work

What kind of mouse is it, USB, PS/2, wireless?

if you happen to have another mouse around, you could try that.
another thing you could try is to uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers.

If no luck then,

if USB:
try another USB socket

if PS/2:
examine the pins in the socket, any bent?

if wireless:
it's possible that the mouse may behave oddly when battery power weakens. try replacing them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105119/right-mouse-button-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've just started using DS2Key on my laptop (uses Nintendo DS as mouse/gamepad) and I'm wanting to make a key on my laptop to emulate one of my mouse buttons, as DS2Key doesn't support mouse buttons at the moment. I've googled and found nothing except for Mac and Linux solutions, but clearly they're useless for Windows XP.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/binding-mouse-button-to-keyboard-key.782643/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm trying to fix my daughter's Everex Stepnote laptop. I don't know if it had a virus or a mechanical problem so I used killdisk and then loaded Ubuntu. I've discovered that the left mouse button doesn't work. Is there another key combination that can be used to replace it? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-work-around.881476/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have a new problem that's developed on my laptop running XP SP2.

1 - On the desktop screen, the right button seems to act like the left and vice versa.

2 - Clicking the left button on the Start menu, flicks it on quickly then it closes.

3 - The keyboard doesn't work normally, e.g the buttons try to open up the file, edit, view menus

- This is cured at the moment by logging out of the main XP account, logging off as a Guest and
then going back into the main administrator account.

- I have Windows restore turned off and all the settings in the control panel/mouse, etc seem normal.

Has anybody seen this before ?

A:Mouse Button/keyboard Problem.

Update:

I downloaded Spyware Terminator which scanned and located the following 2 Trojans.

AdminCash
StartPage-B

I guess these have altered my settings ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87694/mouse-buttonkeyboard-problem/
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? My right click doesn't work on line only. It works fine all other times. I'm confused!?!

A:Right Mouse Button not working on line

well, it happens sometimes with me when pc is overloaded or it's just vista bug...
reboot helps me))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/right-mouse-button-not-working-on-line.128484/