Windows Support Forum

bluetooth does not work any longer

Q: bluetooth does not work any longer

hello I have a problem with my notebook. Suddenly 'bluetooth' does not work any more; I get the message that my USB is longer recognised by Windows. Some time ago I upgraded my laptop to windows 10.According to my investigation I have following bluetooth: 'Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth 2.1 - EDR Broadcom corporation'. My computer gives the message I can nog longer use the windows driver.I searched on the site of HP, found a corresponding driver for bluetooth buth at last I got the message it does not work. Who can help me ? Kind regards! Dirk

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/bluetooth-does-not-work-any-longer/td-p/5620120
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: bluetooth does not work any longer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I have a windows 7. I have found the bluetooth in my computer, it says "fsquirt" aswell. When I open the file, it says send files or recieve files. So if i click on Send Files, it says " select where to send your files" with a large box under it which i cannot type in. If i press recieve files, it says " windows was unable to transfer some files, an address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

So i dont know how to fix this!?! Help please? I'm trying to send videos from my phone to my computer via bluetooth!
Thanks!

A:(Bluetooth on computer) I've got bluetooth but it wont work! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-on-computer-ive-got-bluetooth-but-it-wont-work-help.944053/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have to work across three PCs for which I use a KVM switch But while I'm on PC or I like to make notes on PC so I use a Bluetooth keyboard and a second monitor which is always on PC This pairing longer no keyboard Bluetooth has been working fine for Bluetooth keyboard no longer pairing weeks PC is Windows Every few days I've had to reconnect the keyboard by going to Bluetooth detecting it and pairing it again Windows gave me a code to type into the keyboard and I was away no problem Since Wednesday rd I've been unable to do this The PC detects the keyboard after a longer Bluetooth keyboard no longer pairing search than before It pairs with the keyboard and says it's connected but the keyboard doesn't work When I return to the Bluetooth screen it's gone from the list of devices I've replaced the keyboard batteries and tested it with my iPad where it works perfectly well So my sequence is type Bluetooth at Windows home pagesearch for devicesthe keyboard is foundclick Pairwait 'Enter the passcode for your keyboard you might need to enter the same passcode into the keyboard'ClickTtry entering a passcode on itcode comes upput it in 'connecting' then 'Bluetooth keyboard connected' graphic shows still searching for devicesafter close Bluetooth Devices window keyboard doesn't workReturn to Bluetooth screswitch keyboard off and on it disappears from devices list Any idea why it would stop working It was fine for about four weeks

A:Bluetooth keyboard no longer pairing

Hi nlamont,

Maybe it's worth to try to plug it to another computer and see if it works there. If it still doesn't respond on the other system then probably it's already busted.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45173-bluetooth-keyboard-no-longer-pairing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

After not using a bluetooth set for a while it is no longer working with my X Carbon Gen This same headset used to work with this computer and still works with a cellphone nbsp However with Bluetooth Enabled and the headset powered the device shows up in the list of Bluetooth Devices and is shown to be of type Heaset The Headset service option is enabled in its property settings too It does not appear G... X1 No Working Longer Bluetooth Carbon on Headset in the list of Playback devices although the device paired properly nbsp Things already tried to solve this but did not work - Toggle Bluetooth antena on and off- Disable and renable Bluetooth- Update Bluetooth driver - Uninstall and reinstall Bluetooth drive - Update sound driver - Uninstall and reinstall sound driver - Even Bluetooth Headset No Longer Working on Carbon X1 G... tried the bluetooth with the sound driver uninstalled nbsp The problem always remains the same Bluetooth is on the device pairs and shows up in the list of Bluettoh device and has the headset service enabled yet no sound comes out of it and it never appears in the list of playback devices nbsp The X Carbon Gen is running an up-to-date Windows -bit The Lenovo System update shows nbsp that everything else is up to date nbsp How can this be fixed nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp - Itai nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Bluetooth-Headset-No-Longer-Working-on-Carbon-X1-Gen-2/td-p/3421314
Relevancy 52.89%

A week ago I acquired a bluetooth headset Diver EF and was immediately able to set no headphones Bluetooth playing longer bass it up with my phone no problems I tried connecting it to my computer a few times with limited success Today it connected without issue and has been working great until I noticed that if I was on either discord or teamspeak no videos in my browser nor any sound from other programs would play through If I closed teamspeak and discord youtube would work like there was never an issue to begin with After tinkering with troubleshooters and quot Allow programs exclusive use over this device quot settings I managed to get youtube to play in the background while I chat on teamspeak and discord except now I'm not getting any bass lines I've tried undoing my changes but none have worked Everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT that I am no longer getting bass from the headphones To clarify when first connected there WAS bass but only one program worked at a time Now multiple programs WILL work but there is no bass I've already looked into going into quot Sound Device Manager quot and clicking quot Configure quot on the headphones but the configure button is grayed out and I can't click on it Some assistance would be much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63731-bluetooth-headphones-no-longer-playing-bass.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows 10 Drivers for W520 - Bluetooth no longer working I have scoured the forum for a solution to my issue to get my Bluetooth working once again after I installed Windows 10. Lenovo . . . do you have drivers to enable these machines to work with Windows 10.Or are those of us that have upgraded to Windows 10. . . now just up sh1t creek without a paddle (or support). For a customer focussed organisation I find the lack of 'support' not that reassuring.Thinkpad was once reverred . . . I'm now beginning to seriously question this as no solution is easily identifiable when Win10 has been out quite some time now. Can some offer some assitance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Windows-10-Drivers-for-W520-Bluetooth-no-longer-working/td-p/3383895
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright guys, I have just refreshed my pc because I was having numerous problems with it and it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM. However, now I am having software issues. Whenever I try to make a call on the desktop version of skype, the program crashes. Whenever I try to open HP support assistant, the program crashes. When i am using the metro app version of skype I get a weird artifacting type problem on any of the buttons. I have this same problem in internet explorer and on Netflix. Netflix will not play on Chrome. It will play on IE, but with the button artifacting problems. My computer will not pair via bluetooth with my phone. What would be your recommended course of action? I don't know where to begin. I have tried updating drivers and the like but it has not helped.

Thank you

A:Bluetooth won't work, skype won't work, ntflix won;t work

Microsoft zune won't work either. It crashes when trying to set up.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/40103-bluetooth-wont-work-skype-wont-work-ntflix-won-t-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Alienware M x notebook computer nbsp Recently I purchased a Sony bluetooth headset nbsp I had not previously used any bluetooth devices on the computer nbsp I set the laptop to discover devices and set the headset to be discoverable nbsp After pairing the headset to my laptop I opened my music folder and started listening nbsp After hearing music for about seconds the headset went silent and the music starting coming out of the speakers instead nbsp I then tried to restart the laptop s nbsp bluetooth receiver but there was no way to do it nbsp It was even missing from Device Manager nbsp Finally I closed the display and let it go to sleep nbsp When I resumed again the bluetooth was back nbsp I was again able to listen to music but after another minute or two the device again disappeared nbsp I even called Alienware support nbsp He upgraded the BIOS and reinstalled the bluetooth driver but it would never work nbsp This was because he never had me actually shut off the computer nbsp In other words once the bluetooth device was gone the in Working, Manager longer Bluetooth no Device Stops only way to get it Bluetooth Stops Working, no longer in Device Manager back was to sleep or shut down power off not just reboot the machine nbsp After these steps failed to resolve the problem the technician set up an appointment for me to get the bluetooth adapter replaced nbsp This went very smoothly great on-site support but when I got home the problem was still happening even with a new bluetooth module nbsp To make a long story not much longer I was able to fix the problem nbsp It turned out that it was the power options for the Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module nbsp I unchecked the checkbox labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and the problem was solved So step by step here s how to fix the problem in Windows Click Start In the search box type Device Manager nbsp In the results window above click nbsp Device Manager Expand the Bluetooth Radios node in Device Manager remember you have to do this when the bluetooth device is there nbsp If it is not shown then it has already been shut off and you ll need to shut off or sleep the laptop and resume again to get the device back again Right-click on the Dell Wireless entry and choose properties Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and click OK Problem solved nbsp I hope this helps others

A:Bluetooth Stops Working, no longer in Device Manager

I have the same problem in my new Alienware 15 R2 and your post really helped me! Thank you very much!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19333929
Relevancy 52.46%

Anyone else encountered and solved this problem? I upgraded about 2.5 weeks ago and have looked everywhere for a solution. I finally got the wireless radio settings to apear when I press Fn+F5 but no bluetooth option exists. Today when I decided I had wasted enough time and tried to go back to Windows 7, it won't let me even though I still have Windows.old and it is whin the 30 day window. I feel stuck. I like Windows 10 but not having bluetooth makes me wish I would have left well enough alone and stayed with Windows 7. Anyone have a fix for either of these problems?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/X220-Tablet-bluetooth-no-longer-working-with-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/2268681
Relevancy 52.46%

My Dell Inspiron R no longer connects to Jawbone Jambox external bluetooth speakers Every connection attempt used to work without fail even without having to re-pair them to my pc I recently bought a pair of Damson Jet speakers but they won't connect either Note All the above speakers connect to amp work perfectly with my iPad so I have decided the problem must be with Win No MS site I found has been any help To Longer Ext Win7 64-bit (iPad2 No Connects Will) Speakers Bluetooth All I see is blame on speaker makers Also I have run troubleshooters without success but they are Win7 64-bit Bluetooth No Longer Connects To Ext Speakers (iPad2 Will) bs anyway I have exhausted my abilities updating drivers etc in Win -bit I have updated everything I can find both MS amp Intel I have examined every property sheet I can find but don't see any issues The Services seem to be Win7 64-bit Bluetooth No Longer Connects To Ext Speakers (iPad2 Will) entering properly I have also tried manual-ticking each Service when adding the device I don't know when the Jambox stopped connecting as I was using it with my iPad If I knew when it stopped I could possibly restore to that point but no such luck I can add both speaker brands to my laptop devices but quot Connection Failed quot occurs after numerous tries to pair them I think they are being added properly as the property sheets do fill with info somewhat I have removed each device several times even rebooting after removal then adding each again singly only to still have problem Note I had to recently re-install my WebCam amp TouchPad from the Dell site I don't know when I lost it either as I don't use it that much Could some event have caused all of these issues I would really appreciate some help I suppose I could just plug the speakers in but I bought them to use as bluetooth devices I have tried to ignore this but I can't stand it when something doesn't work If I need to submit any additional info I certainly will do so Hopefully someone else has had this issue amp been able to solve it This -year-old is about to start drinking Maybe that would be my best solution Thanks in advance I hope -- Hank

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401155-win7-64-bit-bluetooth-no-longer-connects-ext-speakers-ipad2-will.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

PC:
Dell Inspiron 17r N7110
Intel Centrino 1030 with Bluetooth 3.0
Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Headset:
LG HBS700 Bluetooth 2.1

Prior to reinstalling windows 7 the headset would connect and function.

Now when attempting to connect, windows finds the headset then attempts so 'install software' which fails.

A:Bluetooth backwards compatibility no longer works after win7 reinstall

Hi Jason Jones,

I would suggest you to check the driver status in Device Manager. If it’s correctly installed, it should appear in Device manager.

If the driver is missing in Device Manager, kindly reinstall the Bluetooth driver by clicking on the URL mentioned:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats/Product/inspiron-17?DriverId=0PDK4&FileId=2893862243&urlProductCode=False

Please reply with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249169-bluetooth-backwards-compatibility-no-longer-works-after-win7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a late iMac that was working mostly fine running Windows but I wanted to do the free upgrade to now that Apple has released drivers for it First I updated OS no upgrade from sleep peripherals Bluetooth 8.1 waking longer Windows computer after X just to be safe and Bluetooth peripherals no longer waking computer from sleep after Windows 8.1 upgrade then I downloaded and Bluetooth peripherals no longer waking computer from sleep after Windows 8.1 upgrade installed the new Boot Camp software drivers for my computer directly from Apple Then I booted into Windows went into the app store and upgraded to Windows After the upgrade was done my installation was mostly the same it had to reload Office and it lost some of my folder view settings but mostly everything seems okay However after the upgrade I am no longer able to wake the computer from sleep by clicking on the keyboard or trackpad as I was able to do before They are the default Apple Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad Windows is the only OS I use on the computer and I always put it to sleep so this is a major hassle for me I ve gone into Device Manager and both devices are set to wake the computer from sleep but that s obviously having no effect Can anyone help me with this Thanks nbsp

A:Bluetooth peripherals no longer waking computer from sleep after Windows 8.1 upgrade

As a test, I brought home a wireless mouse (2.4Ghz, with dongle) from work and that wakes the computer just fine. It is only the Bluetooth devices that are no longer waking the computer since upgrading to Windows 8.1. Hope that helps narrow it down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-peripherals-no-longer-waking-computer-from-sleep-after-windows-8-1-upgrade.1122237/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok this is my friends computer and it is having some can Don't Much work it Know Longer How serious Don't Know How Much Longer it can work problem explorer having problems not able to complete a disk check no matter how long the computer is on waiting and some random command boxes keep poping up with the cursor jumping all over that place Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system acs exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Ares Ares exeC Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search live com sphome aspxR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search live comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook DefaultSearchHook Class - C E B- - A - B- B BEFC DB - no file F - REG system ini UserInit Userinit exeO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Dri... Read more

A:Don't Know How Much Longer it can work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251114/dont-know-how-much-longer-it-can-work/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi. I usually use firefox, but some sites only work with internet explorer. I downloaded ie8 beta 2 and it does not work. I click on the icon and nothing happens. I tried to get back ie7, after deleting ie8, but that does not work either and a dialog box tells me that a new version of ie exists and so this cannot install. Help please...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-and-ie8-no-longer-work-296691.html
Relevancy 47.3%

After loading a map for the game Battlefield 2, my computer crashed and started rebooting... I played the game again and after loading it crashed again, this time comming up with some "AMI" or something, menu. It had a check list saying that everything was "OK" and at the bottom it said hit F1 for Setup or F2 to continue with default settings. I hit F2 and everything was as normal except my USB mouse wasn't working. I plugged in an Ipod to test if it was the mouse and the Ipod did not work through the USB port either. All 4 ports don't work. The mouse worked on another computer.

Does anyone have any idea for what I should do? I already went to device manager and uninstalled all the USB devices and reinstalled them.

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 47.3%

I've just installed the IE8 update on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, now using the right mouse button to open a link in a new tab or new window no longer works, also the recent pages button no longer works.

Any assistance in resolving this issue will be appreciated, I don't want to uninstall the update unless I really have to.

A:Certain buttons no longer work in IE8

Uninstall IE8 from installed updates in Windows Update, download and install IE8 from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx
HTH.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/261220-certain-buttons-no-longer-work-ie8.html
Relevancy 47.3%

clean install goes fine. I then used wushowhide to prevent intel hd graphics 4600 from downloading. update downloads anyway

A:wushowhide no longer seems to work.

Hello Francis,

If you like, the tutorial below can help show you how to disable including drivers in Windows Update.

Driver Updates in Windows Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59971-wushowhide-no-longer-seems-work.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Win IE using bing as default search engine It suddenly quit showing search results only a blank page It will not show results work longer 9 searches no IE if search is entered in address bar or bing IE 9 searches no longer work bar or the bing home page with photo and search bar Tried IE 9 searches no longer work google and yahoo and IE 9 searches no longer work they also will not search in any way If I enter a web site in the address bar it will open that page and favorites links also work I can enter www google com and it opens but when I enter a search item it shows a tab at the top but blank page again This is what I have done I have run full scan with WebRoot - no problems I ran quick scan with Malwarebytes and it deleted instances from vendor quot Pup mywebsearch quot and I still can't search I reset IE to default settings - still can't search I ran Malwarebytes full scan in safe mode and nothing was found - still can't search I re-loaded IE without add-ons - still can't search The only form of searching I have found that got me here was ask com I searched from their site and found your forum What do I try next

A:IE 9 searches no longer work

Thoroughly clear out all your web browser history, temp internet files & cookies with Ccleaner from here: Download CCleaner 3.19.1721 - FileHippo.com

(make sure web browser is closed before clicking "Run Cleaner" in Ccleaner).

After cleaning is completed, open web browser and try search again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-9-searches-no-longer-work-650344.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there The title may be confusing but it's just like that I recently found out that some of my programs stopped working no longer Programs work :S including FL studio which I use a lot I've looked for an answer for this topic everywere but no luck Tried everything Keep getting this message From what I could find my diagnosis would be that there is an trojan horse but i'm too chicken too get deeper in the Programs no longer work :S pc cause i messed up big time before Probleemhandtekening Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem APPCRASH Naam van de toepassing FL exe Versie van toepassing Tijdstempel van toepassing af d Naam van foutmodule kernel dll Versie van foutmodule Tijdstempel van foutmodule e c Uitzonderingscode eedfade Uitzonderingsmarge e Versie van besturingssysteem Landinstelling-id Aanvullende informatie c Aanvullende informatie b b efc d b dc e cc c Aanvullende informatie Aanvullende informatie cd adae d abf eeb bd e It's really frustrating cause yesterday everything was fine but now i can't even execute it I've tried executing it from a different station to see if it could be the driver but even from my external harddrive it gives problems Programs no longer work :S same pc There is another problem Programs no longer work :S dunno if it's related to this topic but my IE keeps getting shut down randomly or loads very slow Hope someone can help me Thnx in advance

A:Programs no longer work :S

Hello Christiaan Mode,
If you think you system is infected, download, update, and run this free software.

Malwarebytes

If you are using a free AV, un-install it and download and run Microsoft Security Essentials, it will pick up a lot more than most free AV's.

Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280370-programs-no-longer-work-s.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have two devices:

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B
and
Sony DVD-ROM DDU 1615

things have always worked fine until last night I go to download some songs for my daughter to our Itunes account and the drives don't even turn on or spin or anything.

I checked device manager and both have yellow exclamation points by them. When I check the properties for both, I get this message:

"windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device (Code 41)."

any suggestions? thanks.

A:CD-RW & DVD-ROM suddenly no longer work

Check your cables to the drives by unplugging the power cord, then removing the cables, and reinserting them. then restore the power cord.
Otherwise, the problem may be with your power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rw-dvd-rom-suddenly-no-longer-work.130200/
Relevancy 47.3%

Help !!

After I came back from the Memorial Day week-end (not the 4th), several programs no longer work. My first sign that something was wrong was when McAfee indicated a problem. After two weeks of going back and forth with their support group, I found several other problems - all of which I beleive are related in some way shape or form.

In summary, the following programs/activities no longer work: Windows Update, Disk Defragmentor, the Search function in My Computer

At the moment, McAfee is completely removed from my system and I am running 4 versions of spyware prevention/virus prevention and zone alarm.

My system is a Dell 8400 using Windows XP SP2.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Relevancy 47.3%

Before I moved my .wmv files from one disc to another, they all worked fine. Now they donít. Iíve tried opening them with Windows Media Player, VLC, & QuickTime but with no luck. All my new downloaded .wmvís work fine. I've upgraded to WMP 11, they did not work; so I uninstalled 11 then loaded WMP 9; but they still don't work. Iíve tried to detect what codec(s) are needed but canít figure out how to get GSpot.com to give me the required names of the codec(s).

I get the message: Windows Media Player cannot support the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Your help will be much appreciated.

A:.wmv files no longer work

They are probably licensed and can not be moved. Try changing the settings in WMP to acquire licenses automatically.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmv-files-no-longer-work.817591/
Relevancy 47.3%

I tried cleaning out my keyboard, lifted the space bar, when I heard a crack and something popped up - apparently I dented the layer below. Now several keys no longer work - left alt, some function keys, comma, period, slash, semicolon, A, X, C and N. Might it be that the matrix broke? I have an Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (vn7-791g-73aw), the keyboard glows red. Once I press any key it lights up, but now, when I press the broken keys, it doesn't. Can I fix this on my own without fiddling or will I have to give the laptop away for repairs?

A:Several keys no longer work

You will probably need a new keyboard which you should be able to fit yourself.

Found one on Ebay UK :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspi...it-/261920481461?hash=item3cfbad60b5#shpCntId

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/several-keys-no-longer-work.1152751/
Relevancy 47.3%

I use a program called Driver Booster IOBit Software that is supposed to automatically scan and update my drivers Well it found an update for my USB Driver and as soon as I allowed the update the External HDD and WiFi USB Dongle that were plugged into my ports immediately went offline I haven't been able to get them No 3.0 USB Longer Work! Ports to work since my other normal USB ports work fine but the USB do not I tried doing a rollback with the Driver Booster software but it failed since I hadn't set a restore point In my Device Manager I noticed one of my USB Root Hubs had a notice icon on it so I clicked properties and it showed the Device was not working properly because windows could not load the proper drivers required yet if I try to update the drivers through windows it claims they are up to date I am using Windows Ultimate -Bit I unfortunately don't know what kind of motherboard USB 3.0 Ports No Longer Work! I have or how to find out I'm not sure if I need that info to get the device working properly Does anyone know how I can fix my USB Ports I still have Driver Booster installed but only use it now to inform me of out of date drivers and download them manually myself but I'm unsure if this is an issue of a missing driver or something else

A:USB 3.0 Ports No Longer Work!

Hi there try the following >>> Go to Start Type in CMD then open it .. And type the following >>> wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335139-usb-3-0-ports-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi and thanks for all of the help in advance.

I was attempting to open a file and was required to choose what program opened that particular file. I accidentally picked Adobe reader as the default program and now all my shortcut icons look like Adobe icons and whenever I try to open a shortcut it opens Adobe instead of the normal program.

Please Help.
Thanks

A:Shortcuts no longer work

Hi Dan, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Our admin Brink has made a tutorial explaining how to restore Windows 7 file associations. You can read it here.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/42308-shortcuts-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I set a requirement in longer work. no Keyboards settings that requires Keyboards no longer work. one to enter a password prior to the initiation of OS Windows begins though I have no good reason for doing this - I just saw the option and thought quot neat quot So my computer Dell starts and half a second later the usual password prompt black screen comes up I just started using that setting two days ago Prior to that I had used my computer for four years without a password Now the problem is that the quot Enter quot button on my stock keyboard works but there is no other key that does therefore I cannot enter the password I switched with another compatible keyboard another working keyboard in my home - also a stock Dell and neither work so I am utterly confused as to why no key with the exception of the quot Enter quot button works Whilst on the black screen I was frustrated and pressed quot Enter quot several times after the third it said something like quot Incorrect password entered times POWER SHUTDOWN quot and yet my computer did not shutdown I restarted and immediately got the note quot Keyboard failure quot This cannot be because it is a problem with every keyboard I have connected to my computer right I have no way of accessing f or any other option so Somone please help me nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, im new on these forums.Adfer installing some virtual software instruments on windows it will no longer let me acess to I tunes, Cubase sx3, quicktime and ableton live (in windows)
The i tunes error i get is this

"i tunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

With quicktime i get

"Buffer overun detected"

Ableton i get

"Run time error"

Cubase just trys to open and then nothing happens

Any help on the matter would be brilliant.thanks

Im running a macbook 2gz 2gb ram with bootcamp

Windows xp home

Relevancy 47.3%

I was using Pale Moon x64 as my browser, but it crashed, so I uninstalled it. I installed Firefox and everything is working except for my shortcuts. When I click on them I get an error message that says, " Shortcut URL, Application not found" where shorcut URL is the actual web address. If I copy the URL and paste it into the Firefox browser, it works fine. Also, when I try to create a new shortcut I get the same error message. Is there a fix for this?

A:My shortcuts no longer work

Hi .
Sounds like the association for .lnk has been changed, you can try restoring back to defaults.
Default File Type Associations - Restore
Does this only affect URL links?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310237-my-shortcuts-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This problem recently occurred on my Toshiba Satellite C655 running Windows 7.  Some links that used to work on web pages no longer do.  When I hover on them on them I get the index finger (IE 11), but the bottom left of the screen shows javascript:void(0);.  The identical thing happens with IE 11, and the most recent updates of Firefox and Chrome.  Everything still works properly on a second computer I have, a Dell Inspiron 660s running Windows 8.  Both computers are using Java update 51.

I went back to a system restore point that predated the problem.  After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled the current Java and Firefox browser.  I scanned the system with AVG Free and Malwarebytes, neither reported any probem.  None of these actions fixed the problem.  What do I do next? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521083/links-that-no-longer-work/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was installing some programs for my ipod touch and after installing something called libUSB, both my USB mouse and USB Receiver for my Logitech LX710 Wireless keyboard just turned off and stopped working. I am using Windows 7, and XP on the other partition.

How do I fix this when I cannot even use my keyboard or mouse?

A:USB Devices No Longer Work

Hi LiquidDragon.
First thing I would try to do would be to boot into safe mode.
If that doesn't work (i.e. you mouse and keyboard still are not working), then get out your installation DVD (I would use XP for this is I were you given that Win7 is not released yet) and boot from it. You should have the option to do a system restore to a restore point previous to the installation of libUSB.
Sorry if this is obvious to you but you didn't say if you had given that a go. :)
good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-devices-no-longer-work-345826.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i have a desktop running windows vista which i used to install a program to longer usb ports no all work.. get my ipod out of a boot loop unfortunately i am not sure what the program was called or where exactly i downloaded it from i came across it after all usb ports no longer work.. an hour all usb ports no longer work.. or so of following leads from one site to another trying to fix my ipod although i am not sure of the name of the program it appears to most likely be iRecovery after downloading the program i installed it my speakers kept sounding off with that quot unplugged plugged in device quot notification sound while it was installing i went and checked oher things on the computer bringing up windows in front of the installation progress window and shortly after left to do some things around the house when i came back my mouse wouldnt work neither would my keyboard i couldnt see what had happened with the installation although i could see my computer was frozen i looked under the mouse and the red laser light was off i rebooted when it started i noticed no windows boot sounds playing on the speakers another USB device and still nothing would work i have a dell as my desktop and ive never had to restore it i cant seem to find the way to trigger a restore while it booting it may be important to note that the mouse light and keyboard work early in the boot but as soon as windows starts loading the light will cut off any ideas how to fix this i need to recover information off that hard drive if it needs to be wiped and i have no clue how to do that

A:all usb ports no longer work..

Since you have a Dell, start by running their Hardware Diagnostic Tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-usb-ports-no-longer-work-533082.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

This is my 1st question/posting (actually I posted a similar question on the wrong board), so please bear with me. I have Vista, and explorer 7. I did at one time try explorer 8, but didn't like it. So I removed it. Bottom line, I now notice that I can't open most of "my favorites" from the list I created. I tried to re-install 7 again, but didn't work.

Also, On Internet Exporer I can't create a shortcut on my desktop

Is this some kind of virus, malware? How the heck do you get it back to normal ... PLEASE HELP??

Thank you.

Gregg

A:PLEASE HELP ... My Favorites NO Longer Work

Please don't create multiple threads about the same issue. It gets confusing for those of us trying to help you, and in fact it's against the forum rules. If you need to change something in your original post you can use the "edit" button at the bottom, and feel free to use the words "EDIT:" or something similar so that we know you changed something. The forum will automatically note when you made your changes.

Seeing as somebody else already replied to your other thread I'm going to request that this one be removed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-my-favorites-no-longer-work.831435/
Relevancy 47.3%

My Gateway has worked well with XP but a problem no Some work Sounds longer popped up I can t figure a way around The sound system works and things like the XP logon or quot Your Antivirus program has been updated quot are fine I have replaced the sound card and that still is not it The sound cards Some Sounds no longer work are PCI and seem to work other than the following When I try to listen to music or downloaded videos the Media Player starts and I get great visualizations But there is no sound Device Manager shows no problems and everything seems good there When I look at the Audio properties there is no evidence of anything wrong and nothing is set to mute I do not recall making any alterations in settings and the only thing different was the new USB PCI adapter I thought that might be a problem and removed it and there was no change I have run a complete AV scan and that was negative This one has me beat Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I just registered on forum and sorry about my poor english Actually i visit this forum for years and i'm thankful for many times i getting help on it Now why i registered First recently i purchased ACER AO C bb i believe this version is for eastern markets with won't Bluetooth work preinstalled Windows starter Bluetooth connectivity has work On back is written that device has installed Atheros bluetooth module AR BBU Shortly Bluetooth won't work after purchasing i installed Windows Home premium Bluetooth won't work x Everything was fine since i decided to connect my netbook with my phone by bluetooth connection Almost one week after i couldn't manage to do that I will insert pictures to explain i hope where is problem As you can see on first picture ''allow device to connect'' is greyed out I've searched on different forums including this one without solving I Bluetooth won't work believe that I will find solution here Drivers are ok i believe System did quot see quot bluetooth network but is not connected because neither my phone quot sees quot netbook or other way around I manage to establish bluetooth connection with usb dongle but that doesn't makes me happy If you can please help me

A:Bluetooth won't work

Hello and welcome.
Well, your English was not that bad. I could still follow you basically.

Since you were able to connect the phone to the USB dongle, (correct?) then that means everything should be alright with the phone.

I believe the first thing you may need to do is click "Add a Device" to let them detect & identify each other. Once there is a profile created, then the next time you want to connect maybe click "Allow a Device to Connect." Try that and see if it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206044-bluetooth-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My daughter recently gave me her old Palm Treo 650 cellphone. Apparently it is too old to "speak" (sync) with Windows 7 64 bit using their software but it can be done using bluetooth. The phone is bluetooth enabled and has an infared port, but my computer is lacking -- something -- to make the connection...what do I need? a USB dongle-thing? Something else?
thanks

A:What do I need for bluetooth to work?

Bluetooth is just a connection method. If it can't sync with Windows 7 64-bit using a USB sync cable, that isn't fixed by syncing with Bluetooth. You still need the Palm Desktop software or (maybe?) Outlook (not Windows Mail). If you want to attempt to connect the phone to the computer with Bluetooth, you need a Bluetooth USB dongle for your computer. I've never had much luck with Bluetooth data connections. Given the age of the device, the challenges are magnified.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-i-need-for-bluetooth-to-work.925462/
Relevancy 46.87%

After recent update of windows 10 hp connection manager remove from my pc and bluetooth is not shown in device manager. I don't find any way to turn the bluetooth on or off, also the bluetooht is not apear in action center.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/bluetooth-don-t-work/td-p/5807558
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Acer Aspire 5720z, and there is a BlueTooth button on my laptop. When I press it, it says "No BlueTooth Device"

I never really paid any attention to the BlueTooth, but I bought a BlueTooth mouse today, and I cannot get it to work.

There are no BlueTooth things at all on my computer, and When I try to install BlueTooth drivers, it says that I need to enable my BlueTooth but I don't know how!!
Helllllllp please

A:BlueTooth won't work?

Quote: Originally Posted by Petoskey

I have an Acer Aspire 5720z, and there is a BlueTooth button on my laptop. When I press it, it says "No BlueTooth Device"

I never really paid any attention to the BlueTooth, but I bought a BlueTooth mouse today, and I cannot get it to work.

There are no BlueTooth things at all on my computer, and When I try to install BlueTooth drivers, it says that I need to enable my BlueTooth but I don't know how!!

Helllllllp please

Acer laptops dont always come with the bluetooth modules installed, there sometimes sold as 'Bluetooth Ready' meaning you can buy an additional module for it. If you have a look for the exact model number underneath, I'll have a look about for you to see if it comes with one already installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/12696-bluetooth-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Im trying to pair my dualshock 4 controller with my pc and it won't work. I had no issues until I used it with my ps4. It gets detected under the Bluetooth settings as wireless controller When I click pair it does nothing for 10-30 seconds then says "that didn't work"

A:Bluetooth won't work.

Sometimes it takes awhile and multiple times to pair and connect.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50523-bluetooth-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell 8400 running Win XP sp2 that no longer recognizes either of the DVD drives (samsung and philipps). In My Computer the drives simply do not appear. I have reloaded the drivers, reseated the cables, deleted them from device manager -- and still NOTHING!

They do show up in Device Manager with error symbols. I have also been able to boot from the DVD using ERD commander so I know they work. I just can't get Windows XP to understand that.

Anyone have a clue what I need to do next aside from formating C: and reinstalling?

A:Dell 8400 DVD's no longer work.

Delete the Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-8400-dvds-no-longer-work-417105.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an old computer with USB ports and a -slot 1 ports USB longer good USB (is work enough?) 2 no USB card I added a few years ago My external hard drive is almost constantly connected to a USB port but after the PC froze I think while connecting or disconnecting an MP player to from another USB port the EHD no longer works there Usually when I connect it a Safely Remove Hardware icon appears USB 2 ports no longer work (is USB 1 good enough?) immediately on the USB 2 ports no longer work (is USB 1 good enough?) taskbar and the EHD s light comes on brightens dims for a minute then remains steady Now I don t get a Safely Remove Hardware icon and the EHD light comes on steady then goes out after half a minute It does work with USB though I ve already tried these steps from http knowledge seagate com articles en US FAQ en If your external drive s LED behavior has recently changed and particularly if the drive is no longer detected or has changed the way it interacts with your computer begin troubleshooting by following these steps Make sure the computer and external hard drive are powered on Safely remove the drive from the computer if possible Disconnect the external drive s USB or FireWire cable Disconnect the power supply plug from the external drive Power off the computer Disconnect the computer s power supply cord for seconds Reconnect the computer Power on the computer Connect the power supply to the external drive Connect the drive s USB or FireWire cable and check for detection Firstly do you know what the problem with my USB ports is I ve tried them all and nothing works on them not just the EHD Secondly how is USB Will it be reasonable for a GB SeaGate Is speed the only disadvantage or does USB have other problems I won t mind as much if it s a little slower as long as it s reliable --- Edit I m using Windows XP SP In Device Management gt Universal Serial Bus Controllers I have USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller I m pretty sure there used to be something there called quot Enhanced Host Controller quot but now it s missing Is that the problem I ve lost the CD that came with the USB card but would I be able to download the driver from the internet I tried downloading it from here http download cnet com VIA-USB- - -Enhanced-Host-Controller - - html The quot Download Now - CNET Installer Enabled quot link gave me an installation file that crashed when I tried to run it and the quot Direct Download quot link gave me quot viapatch quot which I m not sure how to use nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

After a series of updates one of which must have been at issue ALL of my conversion software applications now fail to convert any files The programs load properly but that is followed by various issues all work video longer converters no depending on the app Tipard will load load video files and start to convert but immediately fail upon starting the conversion process Handbrake will load but locks up on loading a file any file regardless of length at the mark MakeMKV won't load at all VLC randomly crashes or refuses to play videos music or anything after an undetermined amount of time all video converters no longer work My FTP software no longer loads its settings files and scripts And an annoyance all of a sudden all my icons have little green check marks on them Windows Professional x Version Build AMD FX X GB ram Tipard Blu-Ray Converter Version No message just an icon notice See photo handbrake x Preset Export Failed Unable to load in Presets Please restart HandBrake No additional exception information available upon startup Added files freeze all video converters no longer work program at mark MakeMKV no idea what version won't load at all Paint won't save any files anymore See same photo

A:all video converters no longer work

Hi.
Can you try going into Control Panel>Programs and Features, find that one and click on it, select CHANGE and then select REPAIR?

Edit: The green check marks could be from Norton, Carbonite, or OneDrive.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/38730-all-video-converters-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have win7 64bit operating system,i recently changed some services to increasing my Ram speed but suddenly recognaized that my sound is no longer working and apeares an X on sound tray icon in taskbar.please help me... (i've sent an attachment)

A:my sound doesn't work no longer

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Does your Sound Card show in the Device Manager with an error ? If so you should go to the HP Website and Download the Driver ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/323577-my-sound-doesnt-work-no-longer.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm not sure what caused this but now whenever I put any of my SD cards in my computer via USB readers or the SD MMC MS XD reader they just show up as quot SD MMC quot as opposed to their name Attempting to open them gives a message reading quot You need to format the disk in drive H before you can use it Do you want to format it quot I formatted my MB card several times only for it to stop before completion saying quot Windows was unable to complete the format quot Yet when I put the same MB SD card in another computer lo and behold it's formatted All of my SD cards work in other computers yet not this one I have USB ports and I've tried hooking them all up through card readers or through cameras to work Memory no cards longer no avail I've contacted Gateway support and they've told me to reinstall some drivers which I did This accomplished nothing I'm on a Memory cards no longer work Gateway FX laptop and the Realtek USB Card Reader driver is apparently working according to its properties I have the Vista boot disc that came with the computer but I'm not sure how I'd go about using that to fix this if it actually could Any ideas as to why my computer's screwing up like this and how I could fix it Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-cards-no-longer-work-303789.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i am having a new dell inspiron N5110 which i bought about a 6 months ago. Its a core i5, 6Gb ram, 640 Gb hard disk, srs premium, etc.
all of a sudden my speakers are no longer producing any sound and its not mutted.
can anyone help me revive this p.c with any decision.
Thanks a lot

A:Laptop speakers no longer work

if you where to plug in some headphones do you still get sound???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-speakers-no-longer-work.180362/
Relevancy 46.44%

Suddenly one day, several of our flash drives stopped showing up on our PC. When I attempt to use it, the computer recognizes something, because it beeps like normal--but nothing appears. Nothing appears under My Computer and nothing at the lower right portion of the screen. I have tried to search for my flash drive, and nothing comes up there either. This is the same for every flash drive I own. They all do the same thing. These same flash drives work on any other computer, so they must not be the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Flash Drives no longer work on my PC

To me, it sounds like the USB drivers need to be updated. You would need to go to your control panel and then your hardware, then device manager, from there, find the USB ports, and double-click then say "update driver." I could be wrong, but it doesn't harm anything to check this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drives-no-longer-work-on-my-pc.788272/
Relevancy 46.44%

My front USB ports no longer work. The back continue to work but the front have both been out for some time. Also, the power button near them gives us problems at times. The card readers (4) all work & they are in the same area. Any ideas of what could be wrong?

A:Front USB ports no longer work

What computer you got?
Vista version?
Drivers up to date?

there could be lots wrong so please specifiy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/front-usb-ports-no-longer-work-331442.html
Relevancy 46.44%

nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by Lat Make Portable Lacie Segate ST Hardrives longer Portable No Work A Desktop gig HD OS Vista Business and Windows Proffesional I recently upgraded Portable Hardrives No longer Work to windows from vista about months ago Everthing was working fine apart from a few compatabilty issues with my printer and speakers Both my portable hardrives the one mentioned about and another gig HD totaly in working order However when I moved house and did not have the internet for a few weeks they both stopped working on windows When I got the internet back I tried installing new drivers looking for help online but in the end put it down to windows teething issues I then installed my old OS Vista dual boot with so I could use them untill windows caught up with updates I managed to get the newer gig harddrive working with little problems however the older segate failed to work Its difficult to get it to recognize I uninstalled an reisntalled the drivers many times It comes up in Device manager under the USB controller and as a disk drive It also appears in Disk Management however it comes up as unallocated space and an unknown drive And seems to need to be intialised seen below but it alredy was I really do not want to loose the data on this drive any ideas how I can get it working again Would rather not go down the remove it from the casing and install it in the PC route unless I really have too Posted this in the vista forums beacuse atleast one of them is working in vista Would rather have them both working in however

A:Portable Hardrives No longer Work

Can you tell me - seeing your picture is too small to expand and read - does it say the drive is offline in the left column, and could you please post back a viewable picture, so we can see for ourselves, and please fill out your system specs. You can use paint to save it as a jpeg.
I'll upload one to see if it works

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/36327-portable-hardrives-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have some programmes on Desktop which now have blank icon infills to them. They are Word2013,Excel2013, PowerPoint 2013,Publisher2013 and Outlook2013. When I click on the Shortcut icon I get the message "The WINWORD.EXE that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?" Any advise please ? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54652-shortcuts-some-programmes-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

One of my favorite things about firefox no longer works. The "Undoclosed Tab" function. None of the shortcuts for the function no longer works neither does the button that comes with firefox. I'm pretty sure it stopped working after I uninstalled the "Tab Mix Plus" extension which I think has its own "Undo closed tab" function of sumthing. Anyways, i didn't really like the extension so i got rid of it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

If it helps, for some reason, under the history menu in firefox, it no longer shows my history... The recently closed tabs option is grayed out and where it use to show the history, it says "Show history in sidebar." My history is saved and it does show up in the sidebar, just no in that menu.

A:Undo closed tab no longer work

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spr33

One of my favorite things about firefox no longer works. The "Undoclosed Tab" function. None of the shortcuts for the function no longer works neither does the button that comes with firefox. I'm pretty sure it stopped working after I uninstalled the "Tab Mix Plus" extension which I think has its own "Undo closed tab" function of sumthing. Anyways, i didn't really like the extension so i got rid of it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Re-install Tab Mix Plus (which I think is a great extension) or just use the Undo Closed Tab extension. This function is not default with Firefox yet although I haven't thoroughly checked Minefield but I will soon. Let me know if I've got it wrong!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spr33

If it helps, for some reason, under the history menu in firefox, it no longer shows my history... The recently closed tabs option is grayed out and where it use to show the history, it says "Show history in sidebar." My history is saved and it does show up in the sidebar, just no in that menu.

You didn't say what version you were using but this sounds like you could be using Minefield or Gran Paradiso which has some Places functionality and some basic support from the old system. As far as I'm aware the History part hasn't been resurrected yet. Sorry if I sound a bit vague, I've been away a while and I got some catching up to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/undo-closed-tab-no-longer-work-182273.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

urgent advice appreciated here folks.

I built a core2quad rig for 3d rendering with an Abit AW9D Max board on XP Pro 64-bit 2 months ago.
Yesterday everything was fine. Today none of the usb ports are responding in the way i'd like.
The 2 case ports on the front don't work.
The usb keyboard & mouse stopped working as did the usb dongle we use for vray rendering.

I've done a system restore to early yesterday, no luck.
I've deleted all the usb devices in device manager, rebooted and let it re-install them. Still no joy.
Overclockers tech support, suggest a reformat, but is there anything else you guys could suggest, as i really don't want to reformat yet due to time constraints. It may even be hardware which means RMA'ing it for a weeks downtime.

Thanks

A:USB ports no longer work on AW9D...help!

reconnect your USB wires internally. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.
After that it has to either be a bad wire(s) or faulty mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-no-longer-work-on-aw9d-help.83345/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok so I was stupidly messing around in regedit deleting upper and lower filters because I wanted to fix my cd rom drive that wasn't being detected. While I fixed the cd problem, I deleted too many upper and lower filters, and now my keyboard and mouse don't work. I have tried a wireless usb keyboard and mouse and I have tried the really old kind, with the purple and green plug ins. Both let me go to the bios and stuff, and those sort of places, but at soon as the computer goes to the desktop, they both become completely unresponsive. I have tried booting into safe mode and that failed too. Does anyone have ANY idea at all of what to do?

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 700+mb ram, 2.66 ghz.

A:My mouse and keyboard no longer work!

Hi,
Try to reinstall USB driver. May your issue resolved.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-mouse-and-keyboard-no-longer-work-365733.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Windows finally bullied me into upgrading to Win10 from Win7 yesterday. Now some things that used to be clickable aren't.
Like this little window, for example.... nothing on it responds to the mouseovers OR clicks.

Any advice?

A:some buttons no longer work since the upgrade

Uninstall then reinstall Adobe Flash Player?

How do you get to the flash player settings?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/30710-some-buttons-no-longer-work-since-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I upgraded my Samsung R720 Notepad from Vista to Windows 7 approx 12 months now as part of a free upgrade with the purchase. Ever since the upgrade I've been struggling to get my Fn Keys working again. I've updated all the drivers available via the Samsung download centre but to no avail.
Any support or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

A:Fn keys no longer work with Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by astonUK

Hi,
I upgraded my Samsung R720 Notepad from Vista to Windows 7 approx 12 months now as part of a free upgrade with the purchase. Ever since the upgrade I've been struggling to get my Fn Keys working again. I've updated all the drivers available via the Samsung download centre but to no avail.
Any support or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Warning backup before updating BIOS.

Have you updated the BIOS?
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142771-fn-keys-no-longer-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, tongiht while using IE6 some of my search engines no longer work. I can goto a web site like yahoo and then click on autos and it works fine, but if I type autos in the search enigne it does not work. Same thing happens if I goto Google.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/sx/*-http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=auto&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-top

That is what I end up with when I search autos on yahoo. I beleive the /r/sx/* is the problem. Do I have a worm or something? I am completely lost in all this kind of stuff. All other web sites work fine, only seems to affect search engines.

Thx for the help.
Eric

A:Some search engines no longer work?!?!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.2
Scan saved at 10:03:27 PM, on 10/2/2003
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
E:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
E:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
E:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\CTHELPER.EXE
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
E:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
E:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
E:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NAVW32.EXE
E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.espn.go.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.comcast.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed Internet
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - E:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - E:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - E:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE E:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] E:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DIGStream] E:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "E:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" /server
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] E:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "E:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "E:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe /GUID NAV /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [b9] E:\Program Files\Firetrust\Benign\B9.exe /minimize
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.comcast.net
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52...pple.com/bonnie/us/win/QuickTimeInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/2833bce8d76b30e34305/netzip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {597C45C2-2D39-11D5-8D53-0050048383FE} (OPUCatalog Class) - http:... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-search-engines-no-longer-work.169180/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have at least sites such longer no certain website pages work as an airline webpage that no longer works I click on the check-in button and I get the Internet Expolorer cannot disploay the webpage certain website pages no longer work error The same webpage and check-in works on my wife's laptop i've tried it on multiple networks so I know it's not an isp issue Here's certain website pages no longer work my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files x HP certain website pages no longer work Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files x Digsby lib digsby-app exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Users sean s norek AppData Local Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Users sean s norek AppData Local Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging smart web printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Program Files x Digsby lib aspell bin aspell exe C Program Files x Palringo palringo exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users sean s norek AppData Local Yahoo BrowserPlus BrowserPlusCore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Users sean s norek Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http set-proxy accenture com bin setup proxy R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - HKLM Run Communicator quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe quot fromrunkey O -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/certain-website-pages-no-longer-work-527722.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For some reason I can no longer perform advanced searches on facebook by typing in commands into the facebook search box like "photos liked by x user" '"comments by x user" or "posts commented on by x user".
It's not just for one particular user, it's for everybody.
Did facebook disable this feature?

I tried creating another facebook account and it works, but not for certain users whose public likes/comments I want to search.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607731/features-no-longer-work-on-facebook/
Relevancy 46.44%

well i've had this problem for about a month now but i was really busy with work that i couldn't go online and look for answers, so i've just been blowing it off but now i need it so can someone please help me, my dvd rom drive and my cd drive (not exactly sure what there called so i hope you know what im talking about) does not read any discs, and there are no cds in My Computer under devices with removable storage http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/jrod3825/sreenshot.jpg <= this is what it looks like and i remember that there use to be a cd picture there so if anyone knows whats wrong please tell me, i really need this to work bad.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a site that had an animated gif on the index page I wanted to replace it with a flash image I learned Flash and uploaded and it stopped at half draw only the first inches displayed and then it got all scattered I decided longer no & gif flash work animated I hadn t learned enough and put another animated gif back up Now the animated gif too stops at half draw animated gif & flash no longer work and did the same thing as the swf I tried uploading the orignal gif and it still won t display I went back and recreated my images with both formats on a fresh page and same thing So I decided to try another host to see to check results - different web fresh page but same thing I am using Front Page to create the site I am using Jasc Animation Shop to create animated gif I am using Macromedia Flash to create swf I am not sure where to look for my problem which app what signals or errors to look for Can you help point me in the correct direction thank you Lili nbsp

A:animated gif & flash no longer work

talk2me if you are using internet explorer, please check that the "show images, play animations" checkboxes are checked in "internet options" ->advance tab->multimedia section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/animated-gif-flash-no-longer-work.242064/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a gigabyte GA-K8VM800M motherboard. Yesterday I booted up my computer and when I got to the log in screen the mouse would not respond, it is a ps2. Tried another mouse,USB, and that didn't work. Restarted again and tried to use my start up disk and noticed that the keyboard isn't working either. Talked to a tech at a local computer hardware store and he said reset the bios. Didi that now I am really screwed because I need the keyboard to enter bios setup. HELP!

A:Mouse & keyboard no longer work

You could try to clear the CMOS which is done by the jumpers on your motherboard. Refer to the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-keyboard-no-longer-work.67751/
Relevancy 46.44%

The laptop is an Acer with a hidden partition and the OS is Vista Home premium I appreciate this is principally a forum for Windows but as Vista and have a fair bit in common I felt this was the place to come apart longer default factory no can to get work from the fact that this is one of the best forums for Windows there is in my view My son had 'something' going badly wrong with the machine - which is five years old - and so brought it to me for fixing I could get in but all the services were disabled files were missing security shut down etc etc and though I ran anti malware and found one trojan Vundo I could not get all the services back so I opted for a factory default restore Pressed Alt can no longer get factory default to work F did the restore everything OK installed over updates and gave him back a happy machine which worked very well for a couple of days - until SP wanted to install Meltdown and the machine came back not even able to boot into Windows I discovered that SP on Vista can go seriously wrong - I found this out by googling the black screen info it was giving me - and the bottom line is that the only option is to do a new install of the OS So I tried Alt F again but without success I then put another copy of Vista on as a temp measure in the hope that once the operating system was functioning as it should I would be able to access the restore screen - but I got the same scrwen which offers only the active partition to boot from it seems to me that the information to access the hidden p

A:can no longer get factory default to work

Why did you not install Vista sp1 & sp2?

Mark the hidden partition ACTIVE & reboot, this make the Recovery start.
Partition - Mark as Active

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221066-can-no-longer-get-factory-default-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For some time I have used Ulead VideoStudio SE specifically the DVD Movie Factory portion to capture edit etc my Hi videos and burn them to DVD with acceptable results This weekend I got ready to start a new project and started having problems The biggest problem is that I get an error that the software is unable to create a capture graph and as a result the file is corrupt and will be deleted which it is Sometimes this happens after about three minutes of capturing other times as soon as I select the Capture button The other problem with it is on two occasions a blue screen has displayed noting a device driver error it pops up and disappears in about two seconds and then my PC reboots I have changed nothing in the PC s configuration on the hardware or software side and even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software suite but without success When I tried to capture the video in NERO the video captured beautifully but the audio could not be heard during the capture phase nor did get captured at all as it could not be heard when the saved file was played back on any of the players I 7 VideoStudio 6.2 & - no longer Both SE NERO work! have on my PC I check my settings and NERO shows that it is seeing the audio capture portion of my hardware so that isn t the problem My capture card is a LeadTek WinTV TV Capture Card I have used it for about three years with no problems and VideoStudio 7 SE & NERO 6.2 - Both no longer work! capture using the composite inputs via RCA cables I m preparing to build VideoStudio 7 SE & NERO 6.2 - Both no longer work! a new machine as our son is taking this one to college and I plan on using Pinnacle s DV AV product that combines the capture hardware and all software in one package which looks to be a great combination but until then I need a way to complete a project for some people at my son s high school asap I have always received help from the good folks on this site that solved my problems in the past I surely need some now VideoStudio 7 SE & NERO 6.2 - Both no longer work! Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:VideoStudio 7 SE & NERO 6.2 - Both no longer work!

I have finally resolved my own problem. After installing the updates to Nero 6.0 to raise it to the current version of 6.6, I tried capturing the video. The new version of Nero offers to do a scan of your hardware to make sure it is able to work with it. Much to my surprise, it posted a notice that I could not capture at the resolution and frame rate I was attempting to and then displayed a complete list of resolutions and fps rates that were compatible. It appears I cannot capture in RGB24 @ 29.97 fps. I have to capture in YUY555 or other YUY format. Thinking back I could recall that YUY was always how I captured. I was trying to capture in RGB24 so I could run a denoise and deinterlacing program to clean up the captured video and it would only work if the video was capture as AVI uncompressed and RGB24. Guess now I'll need to find a filter that will deinterlace AVI video in YUY format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videostudio-7-se-nero-6-2-both-no-longer-work.361102/
Relevancy 46.44%

My fingerprint sensor does not work any longer after update to Win10-64 Version 1607. I am using the latest Win10 build, the latest BIOS Version 1.15 and the latest version of the fingerprint sensor driver (Synaptics Metallica Touch Fingerprint Driver) Version 5.1.311.26 from 14.7.2016. Uninstalling the driver completely and re-installing it helped for one reboot to re-activate it, but this is no stable state, the fingerprint sensor is unavailable after the next reboot. Surprisingly the fingerprint sensor is still offered as a logon option, although iinactive. Soon thereafter there is a message during the final stage of the reboot ('there has been a problem...') and it's completely gone and completely gone. Obviously Win10-64 Version 1607 and the fingerprint driver does not like each other. Any solutions available?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Fingerprint-sensor-does-not-work-any-longer-after-update-to/td-p/3458474
Relevancy 46.44%

When downloading what were supposed to be photos I ended up downloading a bunch of software I didn't want several days ago and there weren't Links no longer work emails in any photos I then had to go and uninstall all that garbage Then I scanned with Malwarebytes and removed threats Now when I click on a link in an email to go to the web I get an annoying sound and a message saying This file doesn't have a program associated with it for performing this action so I must have removed something that I shouldn't have What software do I need to install make my email links work again A friend suggested I do a System Restore and I did that but the problem was that it only gave me the options to restore for three different times on October but I need to go back to about Sept There was a box I checked to get more restore points but no other ones appeared and I didn't see any way Links in emails no longer work to set a restore point for an earlier date So I either need to learn how to set a restore point for an earlier date than the system allowed or install software that will allow me to click on email links and have them work again Any help would be greatly appreciated FWIW I also use WinPatrol which has been great

A:Links in emails no longer work

G'day Lumara, run the following for me please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/fixexec/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550642/links-in-emails-no-longer-work/
Relevancy 46.44%

USB drives no longer work after SP update Hi i have just installed SP for vista and my USB WD my book home GIG no longer works The same goes for my After Work Longer Drives Update No Sp1 Usb Ipod nano When plugged in they get power but are not seen my the pc If i reinstal the PC with the USB drive or ipod plugged in the PC freezes at the welcome screen My Usb mouce and keyboard work fine which is wierd Ive tried restoring the PC which works until then next restart and then same problem It has Usb Drives No Longer Work After Sp1 Update to do with some vista update ifs its SP or somthing else im not sure I hope someone can help me as im sure im not alone I also tried deleting the INFcache file with no luck This obviously is an issue to do with usb harddrives in general as the exact same problem happens with my WD ecternal and ipod Cheers S I have emailed microsoft and WD so if they come up with somthing i will post PC - VISTA home premium Intel Usb Drives No Longer Work After Sp1 Update core gig ram Nvidea G-force GT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142949/usb-drives-no-longer-work-after-sp1-update/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello!
Here's my Problem:
When i try to connect my wireless mouse to my laptop it dosnt respond at all.
It says it is connected, however nothing works. Ive tried using a Flashdrive and it works fine. Ive also tried with 3 different mice with the same result.
Im guessing it has to do with a driver i have recently downloaded from windows update, however, i have restored my computer as far back as i can go, and it still dosnt work. Any ideas?

A:USB Ports No Longer Work with Mice

Reinstall the driver. Or use the rollback function;

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/159612-usb-ports-no-longer-work-mice.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Not sure exactly where to post this but here seems as good a work! Moved viles longer no place as any This Moved viles no longer work! one really has me stumped I have a bunch of avi and mp video files on my laptop which I want to move onto a different machine I have therefore moved them onto a memory stick with a view to then moving in them from there Moved viles no longer work! onto the other system Before moving the files onto the stick I can play all of them on my system without issue Once they have been copied to the stick however randomly about of the files no longer play If I try to play them from the stick on either machine tey don't work and even if I move them back to their original location on my hard drive they still don't play Problem is of course that I moved them and didn't copy them so now it seems I have lost of these files It would appear that these files have somehow gotten corrupted along the way Any thoughts

A:Moved viles no longer work!

The usb memory stick is probably in need of re-formatting to "refresh" it, or it is starting to wear out and needs replacing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/moved-viles-no-longer-work-647525.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I have been finding that when I install a new program it works fine until I have restarted the computer. Whenever I restart I'm finding the .exe file is no longer found and thus the program won't work! Can anyone please help?

Specs are;

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoftģ Windows Vistaô Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2999 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 295242 MB, Free - 152232 MB;
Motherboard: Acer , JM70 , Rev , LXPC60X064922175422000
Antivirus: TalkTalk Security 9.01, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have MS Office 2010 "Outlook".

There are 3 addresses running through Outlook. My main address is from my internet provider (Cox Communications - EG: "cox.net") and 2 others from the drug prevention organization I'm affiliated with. All 3 were working fine.

Then last week the 2 organizational addresses EG: "napta.org" started coming up with error messages and would not allow messages through.

I logged onto the organizational's. 'Web-mail' and tried every setting they listed but nothing worked. The POP settings are just "mail.napta.org" for both In/Outgoing mail.

On the Webmail site there is no contact info. so I can't talk to anyone there to get any new settings.

If anyone can follow this please contact me.

Thanks,
Ron

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/email-settings-no-longer-work-1119025.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have several harddrives that no longer work, they are recognised by the bios but not by dos or windows. I have others that aren't detected or give errors (these I know how to fix using a bootdisk and "sys c:"). Can someone help?

Also I have a video card that should work, it used to but it no longer gives signal or it freezes computer before bios screen.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys. I have acer aspire v5 122p running on win 8.1. My problem is that the bluetooth device is seems not working coz it's just keep on searching for any bluetooth device but it can't detect it. I already restore my laptop to its factory setting and I download a bluetooth driver (Qualcomm Atheros) from acer site but its still didn't work. Hope you can help me.thank you

A:bluetooth didn't work!

Is it turned on ? ?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154323.0.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.

A:Making bluetooth work my way

Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx

Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.

Try going into Device Manager and looking under USB controllers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289937-making-bluetooth-work-my-way.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've had this problem for quite a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy My bluetooth devices can't connect to my laptop because it appears as though they can't find it at all The device work doesn't Bluetooth bluetooth speakers was already added and used to work with my laptop and it still works with my phone or other computers without any trouble but my laptop's bluetooth just isn't working I Bluetooth doesn't work can't delete it from my added devices to try and re-add it Worst of all I can't open Bluetooth settings at all Not using Control Panel not using the bluetooth icon not using search just not at all I click it and nothing happens So I've tried to look it up in Services msc to see if it might be disabled but it says it should be running In msconfig it says the Bluetooth service is stopped however Either way I'd love to use my bluetooth devices with my laptop again so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Go back to Services and right click on the Bluetooth support service and double click on it.

When the Bluetooth support service properties open look to see what the startup type is, then click on Start in the the Service status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537040/bluetooth-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. I am having a serious problem. My bluetooth doesn't work at all. Wifi works sometimes. I think it does not show some of the available networks. I need a solution to this problem. It will be so much appreciated.

type: laptop
model: dell inspiron n4050

A:Bluetooth and Wifi do not work

I don't have much to offer other than suggesting you have to latest drivers installed for the machine...

Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

You might also want to check out this post to see if it helps - bluetooth not working for Dell Inspiron N4050 in windows 7 64bit - Microsoft Community

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/285647-bluetooth-wifi-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

ive been trying to get bluetooth to work on my "ASUS Notebook F5GL Series" with vista. I cant seem to get it working. there is no bluetooth icon in the taskbar, and i go to control panel, hardware and sound, down to bluetooth and click bluetooth settings but nothing happens, i also click add a wireless device but it doesnt find anything, my brother has a laptop running XP and his bluetooth is working fine. i have asked him but he has no idea about it. I was wondering if anyone knew what to do?

Relevancy 46.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Specs MSI GT -US Windows Ultimate Build AMD Turion x Ultra Processor ATI Radeon HD Graphics Gigabytes RAM I've been trying to pair an Apple Wireless Keyboard bluetooth to install/work! get Can't with my laptop so I can type from a distance I bought it to work with the iPhone but also wanted to use it with my laptop to increase functionality I couldn't get the bluetooth driver to work on this computer Can't get bluetooth to install/work! through the software because it kept saying that the bluetooth device wasn't ready Can't get bluetooth to install/work! and wouldn't turn on I tried to download the latest driver from MSi's website when I realized that the driver never did install properly I tried to install it once and it froze so I closed out of the installer This led to it being installed anyway but not fully I tried to uninstall and run the installer again but it froze and I left it open the past few days but it's still stuck and probably will remain stuck The driver is called quot Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v quot Can someone please help me Please

A:Can't get bluetooth to install/work!

Info from Microsoft on Bluetooth -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...enabled-device

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...etwork-devices

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...enabled-device

Check Toshiba support for Windows 7 BT drivers - http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...p?nav=download

Windows 7 SP1 build 7601 should install via Windows Updates - Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-get-bluetooth-to-install-work-555056.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Good day,

please pardon my bad english.

i am using TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK SATTELITE C840 1011R which has a bluetooth connectivity shortcut located at the F12 button (i dont know its developer). i was completely shocked when i tried to turn on my bluetooth using this shortcut, and the "bluetooth symbol" didnt appear. i am a noob in terms of technology, computer terms, repairs, drivers etc. but i want to fix it on my own to save money. i dont know if it is because i downloaded Avast 2015 and erased it or what. please help me. i really want to fix it or re-install it. please bare with me because i dont know much about computers.

thank you and have a good day

A:My bluetooth on my laptop won't work

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Install the Value Added Package from the Link below ...
https://pc.toshiba-asia.com/sg/support/drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371363-my-bluetooth-my-laptop-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm trying to connect my Bluetooth headset to a Windows PC so that Headsets work? do How Bluetooth I can receive and How do Bluetooth Headsets work? make Skype calls The headset seems to have successfully paired with and connected with the PC but I can't get anything to play through it How How do Bluetooth Headsets work? do I check what is going wrong If I look in Devices and Printers I can see the headset there If I right click on it and select Properties and then look in the Services tab it says that the headset is enabled for Audio Sink Handsfree Telephony and Headset If I look under the Hardware tab I see Bluetooth AV Bluetooth hands-free and Bluetooth Headset If I look in the Sound control panel under the Playback tab the only device I see is Speakers Should I see the headset here if it's connected properly If I look in Sounds under the Recording tab I see Microphone default device Line in currently unavailable and Stereo Mix currently unavailable Is this correct or should I see the headset here too How do I tell Skype to use the headset and not the speakers or the built in microphone If I plug in a wired headset it automatically switches off the built in speakers and microphone and any phone calls that I then make will use the headset - why doesn't this happen with the Bluetooth device How do I debug all this stuff How do I see how the headset is connected How do I see what profile the sound applications Skype Lync Media Player etc are using How do I see what messages the answer button on the headset is sending I just need to understand this stuff better so I can have a chance of getting it all working Thanks - Rowan

A:How do Bluetooth Headsets work?

I searched your question ( How do Bluetooth Headsets work? - YouTube ) You just need to find your bluetooth headset there

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/294751-how-do-bluetooth-headsets-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am very inexperienced nbsp After upgrading to windows on Friday last day nbsp I now see on the notifications that under on after work not wi... desktop does Bluetooth XC-603 COMPATIBILITY Bluetooth does not work on XC-603 desktop after wi... nbsp it Bluetooth does not work on XC-603 desktop after wi... lists Qualcomm Bluetooth Suite nbsp as unavailable so I assume my bluetooth will not work nbsp I cannot refind an earlier message I read nbsp with a list of Acer machines that qualified mine did nbsp for some kind of nbsp update nbsp I seem to remember that somewhere it said to nbsp update Bios nbsp first before upgrade to windows gt nbsp but windows compatibility said nothing about my bluetooth and nbsp isn't Bluetooth does not work on XC-603 desktop after wi... updating the BIOS something that Acer should on its own if it is necessary nbsp I find this scary and have no idea what or even how to do a BIOS update if it is necessary nbsp Pleeeeez help Oh one last thing if important I log in to my computer with windows account not ACER gt nbsp I couldn't figure out the whole apps thing nbsp and my son figured out how to get an older style start page when I had the nbsp I hope someone here can give me very specific instructions on how to get my bluetooth back working nbsp Thank you ever so much for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Bluetooth-does-not-work-on-XC-603-desktop-after-windows-10/td-p/446845
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all!

I have bought a HP 6730b notebook (type: HP KU216ET), it has got built-in Bluetooth. I have installed 32bit Windows 7, but the bluetooth doesn't work. I cannot find any driver to make that working good..

HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center - here is a driver for XP, but when I install, it said that I have to turn on Bluetooth... I don't know what to do...

I don't know what's the type of the built-in Bluetooth, maybe broadcom, I tried this driver: Broadcom.com - Bluetooth Software Download

but there's the same message while install: Turn on Bluetooth...

What can I do? I have a bluetooth mouse, so I need to make bluetooth working good...

Thx a lot!

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Look in "Services" and see if it's enabled.
Type services.msc in the start search box, then click on the gear icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15617-bluetooth-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently just bought a msi z87 mpower Intel motherboard and it came with a blue tooth adapter. now for some reason I can not enable the device. there is no wireless tab under the change pc settings in pc settings however it is listed under device manager. it says every thing is correct with the driver and when I go to control panel and go to devices and printers the Bluetooth device is not there. I even did a fresh install of windows 8. not sure how to fix this one.

thanks, have a nice day

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38912-windows-8-bluetooth-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

the bluetooth of the model g510 not working

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-bluetooth-not-work/td-p/3341221
Relevancy 46.44%

hi i am using a HP Pavilion dv6838tx Entertainment Notebook PC

i recently downgraded from vista to windows xp profesional sp3

i have managed over time to download and install all other drivers and software that was needed.

now the only thing left is bluetooth.

it is installed in device manager and is marked as working but i can not locate it in my control panel so that i can can make my bluetooth visible to other devices.

in wireless assistant it says that bluetooth is on.

how do i find or fix my bluetooth so that i can connect things to my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-bluetooth-doesnt-work.839316/
Relevancy 46.44%

I got a TINY TECH Bluetooth USB Dongle which I have no problem using it on my PC with Win 2000 but when I try to use it on other PC with Win XP, I have problem installing the installion software. Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

Peter

A:Bluetooth USB Dongle dun work with Win XP

Simple things first, make sure you have software that is compatible with Windows XP, might have to download an update if the product only ships with W2K

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-usb-dongle-dun-work-with-win-xp.512299/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I have a wireless speaker called the OONTZ made by Cambridge. It will work by Bluetooth and does work fine from my Bluetooth Cowon Mp3 player.

But when I try to run it from my Dell INSPIRON 5520 I can not seem to get any sound out. The 5520 does see my device and I see it in my device .

I have been trying for the last few days to figure it out but w/o any luck? My 5520 has something called Stage and I tried that but again it will not show the speaker?

Sorry I do not know enough at this time to give and more details. Please get myself on the right track if possible

A:Getting Bluetooth to work, win 7 64 bit. No sound out!

Hey jjr, As you mentioned that both device are discovering each other. Have you tried pairing them? Once a bluetooth device is discovered, it needs to be paired for creating FTP file sharing or playing music. Try that and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297076-getting-bluetooth-work-win-7-64-bit-no-sound-out.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All
Windows8.1 do not recognize any bluetooth., But Windows 8 will be easily identified. Install bluetooth driver in Windows 8.1, but I do not know why I can not be activated.

Model: Asus k53sd

A:Bluetooth does not work in Windows 8.1

Not sure if this is your problem but it is what worked for me due Bluetooth Support Service not having the right permissions:

Unable to REMOVE Bluetooth mouse

Does Bluetooth Support Service show up as running in Task Manager/Services?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34125-bluetooth-does-not-work-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a CSR bluetooth dongle. It initially worked but has stopped recently. It connects to a Nokia E71 phone.

In my Device Manager there is an entry "CSR Bluetooth Radio" under "Bluetooth radios", and under "Other devices" there are four entries titled "Bluetooth Peripheral Device". Presumably there is no suitable driver.

I applied the update "CSR plc - Audio - Bluetooth Remote Control Device" on the 19.1.10. Maybe this is the source of the problem???

I tried inserting another bluetooth device but have had exactly the same problem with it.

I've managed to connect to my phone with Ubuntu Linux on the same hardware - connected to the same phone.

I've tried setting the phone up as a new bluetooth device with the same result. I've also tried uninstalling all of the bluetooth drivers and reinstalling them - no joy.

A:CSR Bluetooth dongles don't work

Just happened the same to me today... I installed the update:

Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited - Audio, Other hardware - CSR BlueCore Nanosira

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/58226-csr-bluetooth-dongles-dont-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Everybody discusses their problems, but there is very little info about a Blurtooth Dongle that works without problems in Windows 7 (32-bit in my case.)

I live in South Africa and it looks like it could be years before there are any on the shelves here, so I have to import myself, and trying to find one is a mission.

A:Has anybody got ANY Bluetooth Dongle to work?

I have a CSR Bluetooth Dongle that works fine for me, although i didnt buy it, and the dongle itself lacks identification. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 btw.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59913-has-anybody-got-any-bluetooth-dongle-work.html