Windows Support Forum

Windows XP Repair In Loop Can I Save Data?

Q: Windows XP Repair In Loop Can I Save Data?

I tried to repair windows xp using the installation cd and i could never get it to boot up. Dell says I must restore the operating system because the os files are corrupt.

I have hiren's boot cd and can see my data but can't move it anywhere to save it. Is there any way I can save my data or some of it before I restore? Especially since the pc won't boot to windows at all?

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows XP Repair In Loop Can I Save Data?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows XP Repair In Loop Can I Save Data?

Get a Knoppix CD. It's a live CD that will allow you to boot your computer into Knoppix (a version of Linux) and copy your files where ever you would like, ie: another hard drive, USB storage media, whatever.

In order to boot into Knoppix, make sure that your computer's boot priority has your CD drive ahead of your hard drive. After that, your data should be safe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-repair-in-loop-can-i-save-data.583311/
Relevancy 71.38%

My Lenovo finally left automatic repair loop, and I find that all my data and folders are wiped. The apps are all there. This is an alternate laptop I was using temporarily, and though I am the world's biggest backup paranoid person, somehow I didn't even think to back up the last two weeks of work. I'm a writer; this is really devastating. Any suggestions on data recovery options? Any chance? I'll pay a few hundred to get this data back. It's text documents I care about; nothing else. Everything else is easily loaded again from backup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-automatic-repair-loop-wiped-all-my-data.1156803/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I am unable to start up my laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium). TOSHIBA Satellite C660-1J6
It is stuck in a loop of 'attempting to repair this computer', which is unsuccessful and restarts.
There are no restore points to use.
I have received the BSOD which disappears quickly during startup.
I am able to start up in Safe Mode - however when I get to the login screen, the mouse and keyboard do not work.

I would highly appreciate any help or advice with this.
I am happy to reinstall windows as I have everything backed up. However I am unsure how to do so as I do not have a CD.

Kind regards

A:Startup Repair- windows cannot repair; Stuck in restart loop

Firstly, a Windows 7 install disc is a dvd, not a cd.

You would have to find a working PC to download a Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 Iso File, either 32 or 64 bit, let`s assume you need 64 Bit.

After you have downloaded the iso file you have to burn it to a dvd at no faster then x4 speed. So the PC has to have a dvd burner and you`s need a blank dvd.

Everything you need is in the following links.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...-download-tool

Free ISO Burner

Clean Install Windows 7

You can also use a usb stick to put the iso file on using Rufus. The usb stick must be at least 4 GB in size.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

You must also have a readable key on your COA to activate windows after you install it.

You will also have to install at least your network/ethernet drivers to get online. Then get your other drivers, and run Windows Update, which will take a long time, sometimes 24 hours.

Have more questions, just ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399927-startup-repair-windows-cannot-repair-stuck-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I've been unable to access my custom build computer since around yesterday I chose to restart my computer at around that time just because it was slowing up a little and I usually do that to help I had not installed any updates or new programs since days ago when there had been a few windows updates Upon returning to my computer I noticed that it had been unable to startup and had gone straight into system repair with it with repair Can't loop system - Startup repair restore/repair/commands being 'unable to repair this computer automatically ' I rebooted several times and noticed that it was not a visible BSOD but as soon as the 'starting windows' icon began to appear it went straight into startup repair I tried to boot into safe mode tried to load previous good configuration and all of the other advanced recovery options including system restore image and many command prompts This is what it shows after being unable to repair automatically Problem signature name Startup repair Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands offline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature Autofailover Problem signature Problem signature Corrupt file then my O S version Locale ID This diagnostic occurs every single time I run the startup repair Also command prompts I have tried using the WindowsRE command prompt and the one found on the 'repair your Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands PC' option on the windows installation disk are -All bootrec exe fixmbr rebuildbcd scanOs fixboot to crop up with the message 'completed successfully' and 'installations of windows ' -Chkdsks of my D disk where my files and windows are located now - sfc scannow which also shows no problems either -moving the SAM BOOT Software files using a guide I found on these forums I have sufficient anti-virus protection and must stress I didn't download any new software yesterday however I do frequently run the registry cleaner option of CCleaner if that is of any importance Again all efforts to bypass the load and boot into safe mode or with last good config all just automatically lead me into startup repair with a seemingly infinite loop of 'could not repair this computer automatically' If it must come to it I am willing to do a windows complete reinstall if that is the only way to resolve this but I just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions of commands for me to try or anything like that I see a lot of people having this 'looping system repair' issue but their's were resolved I am not much of a tech whizz and I just want to know what the issue is if it was by one of my fault's so I don't mess it up again and how to solve it I have never had this issue before it was completely random and I build my PC from scratch in January If you need any more information please let me know Thanks I am running Windows Ultimate x bit and my HDD is connected via SATA GB S Braefost

A:Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands

Have you tried copying over the backed up reg hives from the regback folder? Follow steps 8 onwards in this tut.

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172357-startup-repair-loop-cant-repair-system-restore-repair-commands.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Good evening.

I am trying to repair a friends computer that is stuck in Windows Repair Startup. 

When it boots up I have two options

1)  Windows Repair Startup (recommended)
2) Launch Windows Normally

If I chose Windows Repair Startup, I see the spalsh screen, then I see wallpaper, but nothing else.  No icons, windows key does not work.  However the mouse is responsive. 

If I choose launch windows normally, I see the Windows splash screen, it appears to load, but then reboots itself.

I am unsure if it's 32 or 64 bit.  

Any suggestions?  My friend thinks it may be a virus, but I can't even boot it up to run Maleware Bytes to confirm. 

A:Windows Repair Loop

Boot into advanced boot options. (F8 on startup,) repair your computer, then choose last known good configuration. See if you can boot normally after that.
If not, in advanced boot options..use system restore to restore back to an earlier point in time.

if you want to try and run malwarebytes, i suggest trying to boot into safe mode and see if that works for you, then run malwarebytes from there.
-alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511019/windows-repair-loop/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I recently purchased a laptop from dell that worked fine for about a month I tried turning it on one morning and found it would just try to access automatic repair start it get to then instantly restart my computer to repeat the loop forever until I stopped it I ran the thorough system diagnostics from the boot menu and it returned with no errors so I figured the solution would be as simple as reinstalling my OS I called dell loop 8 Windows repair since I did not receive a windows disk or Product key from them and after some troubleshooting they agreed to send me out a USB I could use to reinstall from So today I got the USB today and tried to get it Windows 8 repair loop to boot from it by selecting it from the boot options menu If I try to do it from the UEFI it just doesnt even register that I'm trying to boot from usb just tried to autorepair and loops like normal if I try in legacy mode it gives me a No boot device found error Windows 8 repair loop I have a relatively limited knowledge of computers I do Windows 8 repair loop know how to install an OS though and usually how to change the boot order to allow it or thought I did Any help is much appreciated thank you in advance

A:Windows 8 repair loop

Quote:

I recently purchased a laptop from dell that worked fine for about a month.

Contact Dell again and claim your warranty. They will fix it for you by either sending somebody to you or having you ship it out to them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-repair-loop-696701.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey,
I am running windows 7 x64 and figured I had malware from the behavior of the computer. I installed several antivirus/rootkit removers and when I started loading them bam computer froze. When i restarted i was prompted to repair windows, so when I start the repair it goes on for about 20 min until it tells me it cannot resolve the issue. This is after I recovered windows. Help?

NestKiNG

A:Windows Repair Loop

Hello, sorry you got lost.  I will ask another to look here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492831/windows-repair-loop/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys i have been trying to get this laptop to work for days now i had been following this http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page pid but i take it the os and This script was written specifically for this user So hoping some can help me plz Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature CorruptFile OS Version Locale ID Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - ATTENTION FRST version is days old Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Professional X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run fspuip ProgramFiles FSP fspuip repair in 7 ( loop) pro Windows exe - - Sentelic Corporation HKLM Run Configuration Center C Program Files Configuration Center bin McaMaster exe - - HKLM Run SideBar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology Windows 7 pro ( in repair loop) IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Windows 7 pro ( in repair loop) Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run SBAMTray quot C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBAMTray exe quot - - GFI Software HKU user Run Google Update quot C Users user AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c - - Google Inc HKU user Run Skype quot C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe quot minimized regrun - - Skype Technologies S A HKU user Policies system DisableLockWorkstation Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Bluetooth lnk ShortcutTarget Bluetooth lnk - gt C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe Broadcom Corporation Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Pervasive SQL Workgroup Engine lnk ShortcutTarget Pervasive SQL Workgroup Engine lnk - gt C PVSW bin w dbsmgr exe Startup C Users user Start Menu Programs Startup OpenOffice org lnk ShortcutTarget OpenOffice org lnk - gt C Program Files x OpenOffice org program quickstart exe Services Whitelisted DCService exe C ProgramData DatacardService DCService exe - - DcsService quot C Program Files Configuration Center bin DeviceControlService exe quot - - Intel Corporation gfi lanss attservice quot C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE LanGuard Agent lnssatt exe quot -service - - GFI Software Development Ltd IronTreeDL quot C Program Files x Pastel IronTree a backup exe quot -start - - Attix Development Pty Ltd Micro Focus License Manager quot C Program Files x SYSPRO Runtime MFLMWin exe quot - - Micro Focus SBAMSvc quot C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBAMSvc exe quot - - GFI Software SBPIMSvc quot C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBPIMSvc exe quot - - GFI Software Drivers Whitelisted AcpiPmi C Windows system drivers acpipmi sys x adp xx C Windows system DRIVERS adp xx sys x adpahci C Windows system DRIVERS adpahci sys x adpu C Windows system DRIVERS adpu sys x aliide C Windows system drivers aliide sys x amdide C Windows system drivers amdide sys x AmdK C Windows system DRIVERS amdk sys x AmdPPM C Windows system DRIVERS amdppm sys x amdsata C Windows system drivers amdsata sys x amdsbs C Windows system DRIVERS amdsbs sys x amdxata C Windows System drivers amdxata sys x arc C Windows system DRIVERS arc sys x arcsas C Windows system DRIVERS arcsas sys x athr C Windows System DRIVERS athrx sys x b bdrv C Windows system DRIVERS bxvbda sys x b nd a C Windows System DRIVERS b nd a sys x blbdrive C Windows Sy... Read more

A:Windows 7 pro ( in repair loop)

ListParts by Farbar Version: 30-10-2012
Ran by SYSTEM (administrator) on 17-12-2012 at 18:15:07
Windows 7 (X64)
Running From: G:\
Language: 0409

========================= Memory info ======================

Percentage of memory in use: 13%
Total physical RAM: 3894.78 MB
Available physical RAM: 3386.88 MB
Total Pagefile: 3892.93 MB
Available Pagefile: 3386.5 MB
Total Virtual: 8192 MB
Available Virtual: 8191.91 MB

======================= Partitions =========================

1 Drive c: (SYSTEM) (Fixed) (Total:332.88 GB) (Free:250.42 GB) NTFS
2 Drive e: (DATA) (Fixed) (Total:124.78 GB) (Free:11.62 GB) NTFS
3 Drive f: (GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD) (CDROM) (Total:3 GB) (Free:0 GB) UDF
4 Drive g: () (Removable) (Total:7.21 GB) (Free:7.2 GB) FAT32
5 Drive x: (Boot) (Fixed) (Total:0.03 GB) (Free:0.03 GB) NTFS
6 Drive y: (BOOT) (Fixed) (Total:0.1 GB) (Free:0.07 GB) NTFS ==>[System with boot components (obtained from reading drive)]

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 7386 MB 0 B

Partitions of Disk 0:
===============

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 OEM 8 GB 1024 KB
Partition 2 Primary 100 MB 8 GB
Partition 3 Primary 332 GB 8 GB
Partition 4 Primary 124 GB 340 GB

======================================================================================================

Disk: 0
Partition 1
Type : DE
Hidden: Yes
Active: No

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
* Volume 5 RECOVERY NTFS Partition 8 GB Healthy Hidden

======================================================================================================

Partition 2
Type : 07
Hidden: No
Active: Yes

* Volume 1 Y BOOT NTFS Partition 100 MB Healthy

Partition 3

* Volume 2 C SYSTEM NTFS Partition 332 GB Healthy

Partition 4

* Volume 3 E DATA NTFS Partition 124 GB Healthy

Partitions of Disk 1:
===============

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 Primary 7382 MB 4032 KB

Disk: 1
Partition 1
Type : 0C

* Volume 4 G FAT32 Removable 7382 MB Healthy

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478735/windows-7-pro-in-repair-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, yesterday I bought a HP 15 G205 laptop (CPU 64 bit) and installed Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) on it and it worked great. Today I installed drivers for Epson Stylus SX125 printer and scanner. After all installations, I went to restar the computer and that's when the problem begun. It couldn't boot normally so it is now stuck in the repair loop and it cannot open the Safe mode or anything else because it keeps returning to the Repair loop. I read a few advices on the formus here but nothing hepled, I run the scan for the memory and HW as it was somewhere suggested but it just said "PASSED" with no errors. Can anyone help? Please just dont say I have to reinstall windows again because I am trying to avoid that. Thank you,WilliamCPO

A:Repair Loop - Drivers - Windows 8.1

Hi @WilliamCPO?, Welcome to the HP Forums!   It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you purchased the 15-g205 notebook and installed Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.  All was working well.You then installed a  Stylus SX125 aio printer. When you restarted the notebook it went into a repair loop. First I would try a hard reset.  HP Notebook PCs - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues. Please remember to disconnect any peripheral devices such as printers, USBs or memory cards. Also, connect directly into an outlet and not in a power bar. Next I would try to enter safe mode to troubleshoot. HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 8). Next you could try booting to your Windows disk to do repairs or if necessary reinstall your Windows. If you do reinstall the operating system,once completed and you have confirmed it is working properly, before reinstalling the printer create a restore point to come back to should you need it. Please let me know the outcome. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Repair-Loop-Drivers-Windows-8-1/td-p/5421213
Relevancy 60.2%

Recently 7 loop? startup Windows repair my Samsung laptop just kept freezing randomly after maybe or minutes of use Nothing would move and music would keep playing in the background I turned it off by pressing the power button and after trying to solve that by trying system recoveries I ve gotten to the windows startup repair This has gotten me no where since it loops on and off saying it found nothing So far I have done some research and figured out about the FRST and gotten the document Please help The txt file is attached and below is the report Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from I Windows Home Premium Service Windows 7 startup repair loop? Pack X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ETDCtrl ProgramFiles Elantech ETDCtrl exe x HKLM Run AtherosBtStack quot C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe quot - - Atheros Commnucations HKLM Run AthBtTray quot C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe quot - - Atheros Commnucations HKLM-x Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files x CyberLink Media Player Media Player Serv exe quot - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run CLMLServer quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe quot - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run BambooCore C Program Files x Bamboo Dock BambooCore exe - - HKLM-x Run Immunet Protect quot C Program Files Suze Orman SecureScan iptray exe quot - - Immunet HKLM-x Run Windows 7 startup repair loop? TkBellExe quot C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe quot -osboot - - RealNetworks Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot x HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui quot C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe quot --auto-start - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot - - Apple Inc HKU Jceee Run Google Update quot C Users Jceee AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c - - Google Inc HKU Jceee Run Facebook Update quot C Users Jceee AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe quot c nocrashserver - - Facebook Inc HKU Jceee Run DW quot C Program Files x The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe quot x HKU Jceee Run EA Core quot C Program Files x Electronic Arts EADM Core exe quot -silent x HKU Jceee Run Spotify Web Helper quot C Users Jceee AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe quot - - HKU Jceee Policies system DisableCMD HKU Jceee Policies system NoDispAppearancePage HKU Jceee Policies system NoDispBackgroundPage HKU Jceee Policies system NoDispSettingsPage HKU Kristen Run Google Update quot C Users Kristen AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c - - Google Inc HKU Kristen Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silent x HKLM RunOnce SRS C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution InstallManager exe - - SEC Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk ShortcutTarget McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk - gt C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe McAfee Inc Startup C Users Jceee Start Menu Programs Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk ShortcutTarget OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk - gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE Microsoft Corporation Services Whitelisted Atheros Bt amp Wlan Coex Agent C Program File... Read more

A:Windows 7 startup repair loop?

Do you see any recovery options when the laptop first begins to boot up? Something like an F key press?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-startup-repair-loop.186227/
Relevancy 60.2%

Well Hello! First things first, sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums.

But late last night I went to bed, and about 2 ish hours ago I woke up to find my Laptop in an reboot loop.

I would like to specify that unlike other instances, my computer only seems to show the Windows 10 Logo, the text "Preparing automatic repair" and then it reboots. Repeat.

I don't know what caused it, and I don't own a repair disk, nor do I have the money to buy something like EasyRE.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35172-windows-10-automatic-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

On a random restart my computer went into startup repair and will continue to run startup repair no matter what startup options i select system restore will not work either so i began researching my problem and came across this forum ive already booted my computer with a windows recovery disc and a flashdrive containing farbar recovery startup loop. Windows 7 repair tool the scan code is too long so ive attached it as Windows 7 startup repair loop. a file Mod Edit Removed FRST log not used allowed in this forum since it is a tool used for malware situations and this is the Win forum we Windows 7 startup repair loop. don't deal with malware issues - Hamluis Please try the following with your flash drive Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it Checkmark the following checkboxes List last Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users Partitions and Memory size Click Go and paste Windows 7 startup repair loop. the content into your next post Also please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page p entry taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post Louis

A:Windows 7 startup repair loop.

I can't do either of these since I can't boot past the startup repair tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533792/windows-7-startup-repair-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

i did a refresh on my aspire V5-573 and it was working fine until i did updates , now I am stuck in auto repair loop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-auto-repair-loop.1136516/
Relevancy 60.2%

I Just bought a new computer with Windows 8 already installed, started using it, and every 30 minutes after i booted it, it crashed. So i tried to restore the initial definitions of the computer by using the option to do so. While the computer was being restored, it crashed, and then started my problems. I booted the computer again, but now it goes automatically into automatic repair, goes to diagnose and the computer restarts, repeating the automatic repair "loop". I already tried shift+F8, it makes a screen appear for a few seconds saying to press ESC to get to the startup menu, no matter what i do at that moment the computer starts the "loop" again.Please Help Me!

A:Windows 8 automatic repair loop

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can order OEM Recovery disks from your OEM manufacturer's website.
I would return to the Retailer for Repair or Replacement.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/15916-windows-8-automatic-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Yesterday i was restarting my laptop, i was doing this by holding down the power button to force shutdown, i accidentally removed my finger from the power button before this was complete, i started holding the button down again straight away, this time i held it until it turned off, now whenever i turn it on it starts auto repair then goes to a screen that that says auto repair could not repair your computer, could anybody help?

Relevancy 60.2%

Having a really hard time with this on a client's Windows 7 (x64) machine.
Here's the FRST log, please help with whatever knowledge you have.

A:Windows 7 Startup Repair Loop

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 05-03-2014 02Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-F966V1O on 05-03-2014 15:14:46Running from F:\Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X64) OS Language: English(US)Internet Explorer Version 11Boot Mode: RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet001ATTENTION!:=====> If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log.The only official download link for FRST:Download link for 32-Bit version: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/Download link for 64-Bit Version: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated.See tutorial for FRST: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================HKLM\...\Run: [egui] - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe [2918656 2011-01-12] (ESET)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [HDAudDeck] - C:\Program Files (x86)\VIA\VIAudioi\VDeck\VDeck.exe [2369536 2010-03-14] (VIA)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [NUSB3MON] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe [113288 2010-04-26] (Renesas Electronics Corporation)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Carbonite Backup] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe [1063056 2011-10-20] (Carbonite, Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [HostManager] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AOL\1320602045\ee\AOLSoftware.exe [41800 2010-03-07] (AOL Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe ARM] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe [958576 2013-04-04] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [APSDaemon] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe [59720 2013-04-21] (Apple Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [QuickTime Task] - C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe [421888 2013-05-01] (Apple Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [iTunesHelper] - C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe [152392 2013-05-31] (Apple Inc.)HKLM\...\RunOnce: [*Restore] - C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe /RUNONCE [296960 2010-11-20] (Microsoft Corporation)Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist Express Customer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist Remote Support Customer\637\g2ax_winlogonx64.dll (Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc.)HKU\Marcy\...\Run: [LightScribe Control Panel] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe [2363392 2008-06-09] (Hewlett-Packard Company)HKU\Marcy\...\Run: [AOL Fast Start] - C:\Program Files (x86)\AOL Desktop 9.6\AOL.EXE [42320 2011-04-25] (AOL Inc.)HKU\Marcy\...\Run: [Skype] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe [19603048 2013-06-03] (Skype Technologies S.A.)HKU\Marcy\...\Run: [Lync] - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\lync.exe [18741408 2013-12-03] (Microsoft Corporation)HKU\Marcy\...\Run: [Free Download Manager] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe [6148096 2011-12-28] (FreeDownloadManager.ORG)Startup: C:\Users\Marcy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MyPC Backup.lnkShortcutTarget: MyPC Backup.lnk -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPC Backup\MyPC Backup.exe (MyPCBackup.com)==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================S2 BackupStack; C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPC Backup\BackupStack.exe [36392 2014-01-27] (Just Develop It)S2 c2cautoupdatesvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\AutoUpdate\SkypeC2CAutoUpdateSvc.exe [1363616 2014-01-03] (Microsoft Corporation)S2 c2cpnrsvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\PNRSvc\SkypeC2CPNRSvc.exe [1748640 2014-01-03] (Microsoft Corporation)S3 EhttpSrv; C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\EHttpSrv.exe [42360 2011-01-12] (ESET)S2 ekrn; C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe [810144 2011-01-12] (ESET)S2 GoToAssist Remote Support Customer; C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526610/windows-7-startup-repair-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have dual boot Windows and Ubuntu Everything worked fine until it froze one time I had to restart the computer After that I was not able to start Windows I can start Ubuntu without any problems however Ubuntu cannot mount Windows Everything is on Gb Samsung SSD When I try to access Windows files from Ubuntu I get error below When repair Windows loop Infinite I try start Windows it does Infinite Windows repair loop repair and says I spent all day trying to figure out how to fix it but no luck yet I also don't understand what's wrong exactly Root cause found System Volume on disk is corrupt Repair action File system repair chkdsk Result Completed Successfully Error code x Error mounting dev sda at media aziza Windows OS Command-line mount -t quot ntfs quot -o quot uhelper udisks nodev nosuid uid gid dmask fmask quot quot dev sda quot quot media aziza Windows OS quot ' exited with non-zero exit status ntfs mapping pairs decompress failed Input output error Failed to load MFT Input output error Failed to mount ' dev sda ' Input output error NTFS is either inconsistent or there is a hardware fault or it's a SoftRAID FakeRAID hardware In the first case run chkdsk f on Windows then reboot into Windows twice The usage of the f parameter is very important If the device is a SoftRAID FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a different device under the dev mapper directory e g dev mapper nvidia eahaabcc Please see the 'dmraid' documentation for more details

A:Infinite Windows repair loop

Have you tried running Startup Repair from a Windows 7 System Repair Disk or a Windows 7 Install Disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360517-infinite-windows-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Recently I have been dealing with a trojan Windows repair 7 up Start loop and I downloaded windows defender offline I put everything into my USB and booted my system from there It deletes the trojan and everything and I powerdown the the laptop by holding the Windows 7 Start up repair loop power button and then I go to my boot options and put everything to defaults settings and leaves When it boots up this time it goes to a black screen that asks me to use Startup repair or Run windows normally I click run normally and it takes me to the starting windows page with the logo and everything and when that is done it sends me back to the black screen again It cuts off from there I tried pressing alt f and shows ' NOEXECUTE OPTIN MININT' I've been researching this for a while now and I deleted that text and continued and it worked normally everything booted up fine and I logged into windows I was happy until I restarted windows and then the same thing happens This time when I press alt f nothing shows up or happens Actually I have the same problem as this thread right here http www howtogeek com forum topic up-repair-loop The differences is that when I press f or alt f it will not work

A:Windows 7 Start up repair loop

Hi mrkitthemews

Warning

You will need a USB FLASH DRIVE

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Here Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download

Click on the Download Now button that goes with your bit version

Note
Click the Windows icon (), and then right-click Computer .Select Properties .Look for System Type: which will say 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit Operating System
Plug the flash drive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair

System Restore

Windows Complete PC Restore

Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt

In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter

Note
Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.

Tip
Type the commands below to see what your letter is for the USB drive and press ENTER after each command

Code:
Diskpart
List volume
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file
Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288868-windows-7-start-up-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I am on a HP Pavilion p7-1517c Running Windows 8.1 - I am looking at this computer for a friend... and while I am pretty good this one got me stuck for 10 hours. I give hopefully one of you guys can help me. When Windows boots up it keeps going to the automatic repair... then diagnose then to blue screen... I have tried a lot of different things and I am still STUCK! ugghhh I have a windows 8.1 disk also. Also I have another computer that sees the hard drive of the infected/ messed up windows 8.1 Any ideas anyone? I believe the virus is Trojan.Dealply

A:Windows 8.1 Repair Boot Loop

Hi MansterLeeb I see that no one picked up your thread. Do you still need assistance with your issue?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578404/windows-81-repair-boot-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

so my computer is in an infinite repair loop.... ive tried booting in safemode, doesnt work still stuck in the loop. ive tried bcdedit and i dont have a OS disk sooo any ideas cannot afford to send my computer in for repairs

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ed4de91d-c93a-4c3d-bd59-5205052d60e6/infinite-repair-loop-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello last night I was Windows Automatic Loop 8.1 Repair using my computer fine playing a few League of Legends games before I turned off my PC and went to bed This morning I tried to turn on my computer and lo and behold I encountered Windows trying to quot automatically repair quot and it wouldn't boot me to the desktop I have tried most of the options on the options menu that pops up after automatic repair quot fails quot and they don't work I can't restore to a previous restoration point and I cannot boot into safe mode as well From what I have gathered online one option that I didn't try was to use Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop a Windows installation disc to try Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop to fix this problem Unfortunately on my laptop the OS that was installed was Windows and through some ahem illegal means I upgraded to Windows Therefore this means I do not have any Windows installation discs Is there anyway I can fix this without a disc This is really frustrating as my laptop is Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop not functioning on me one week before I start classes again Any kind of response of help is greatly appreciated EDIT I'm not particularly computer savvy and a lot of terms I ran into online such as booting BIOS is unfamiliar to me so explaining this process in layman terms as much as possible would be great

A:Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop

We can't help you to use cracked software. It isn't considered morally right in the host nation of this site.

You must have a win7 license, so install win7 instead. It is much better anyway.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52281-windows-8-1-automatic-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone First time poster here I have already conducted numerous searches for the solution to this problem that I m having none of the After Boot Repair Loop Windows XP solutions that I have found work My problem started when my computer became infected with Tidserv Symantec MBAM Adaware and RootRepeal did not find anything wrong but any time I went to Google and conducted a search I would click on one of the results and get redirected back to Google webhp Google was my default homepage and when I would launch it I would also get a survey from the websitesurvey com that stated somethng about rl x cn Anyway I looked into these issues and Windows XP Boot Loop After Repair found that Tidserv was most likely causing it Attempts to get rid of Tidserv did not work I decided to try to repair windows as a last result Prior to this my computer was running Windows XP Pro SP fully patched with Windows XP Boot Loop After Repair the latest stuff Windows XP Boot Loop After Repair I have a legit Windows XP SP cd so that s what I booted with for the repair After the repair the computer is now stuck in a boot loop if I try to boot normally I CAN boot into Safe mode but not safe mode with networking While in safe mode there s a message that says that this copy of Windows is not activated the kicker is that I cannot activate it while in safe mode and I cannot boot into normal mode due to the boot loop so I m stuck Any advice that you can provide is greatly appreicated I start school again on Jan th and plan on trying to fix this issue hopefully before then Reinstalling Windows is a LAST RESORT for me as I have a newly acquired TB external drive that I can copy all my important stuff to and then re-install everything from scratch and bring all my files back but I really don t want to go this route if I can avoid it Please help and thanks in advance I will be checking for replies to this post over the next few days fri sat and sun but tonight I m stepping away from the computer and going out for New Year s Eve if I sit in front of the broken machine any longer I m typing this from an old laptop I m going to put my fist through it Happy New Year R B rk n

A:Windows XP Boot Loop After Repair

You cannot do a repair install of XP...with a CD which reflects less than the current SP installed on the system.

The result is usually a clean install of the older O/S, rather than a repair.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283227/windows-xp-boot-loop-after-repair/
Relevancy 60.2%

For the past two days, I've gotten stuck in what I have been able to determine is a Windows 8 repair loop. It takes forever to scan and repair the drive; but now, after it boots up, I cannot access my browsers nor anything. I really need help as I work online. Thank you

A:Stuck in Windows 8 Repair Loop - Help, please?

See this article on detecting hard drive errors and see if the SMART detection warns you of anything.

http://www.howtogeek.com/134735/how-to-see-if-your-hard-drive-is-dying/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-windows-8-repair-loop-help-please.1149736/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I am on a HP Pavilion p7-1517c Running Windows 8.1 - I am looking at this computer for a friend... and while I am pretty good this one got me stuck for 10 hours. I give hopefully one of you guys can help me. When Windows boots up it keeps going to the automatic repair... then diagnose then to blue screen... I have tried a lot of different things and I am still STUCK! ugghhh I have a windows 8.1 disk also. Also I have another computer that sees the hard drive of the infected/ messed up windows 8.1 Any ideas anyone?

A:Windows 8.1 Repair Loop (stuck!)

What do you mean blue screen? are you referring to bsod?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-repair-loop-stuck.1149398/
Relevancy 60.2%

The problem that I have been experiencing is very similar to this one but with a few possibly key differences http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page pid Startup Repair details log Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause OS Version Locale ID My laptop is a HP Pavilion dm - with Windows Repair Windows loop System 7 OS Prior to this event I was uninstalling Windows 7 System Repair loop and deleting old videogames and their files that I don t use any more afterwards I scanned my system Windows 7 System Repair loop with Malwarebytes in an attempt to remove an annoying form of adware spyware that highlights random words green and puts up irrelevant Windows 7 System Repair loop advertisements all over any website I go to Youtube Wikipedia even foreign sites When I rebooted my laptop this loop started to occur Whenever I try to start normally a blue screen flashes very briefly a few seconds after the Windows logo animation appears then after rebooting I am directed to Startup Repair which obviously is unable to solve the problem I have followed the instructions in the post I have linked I have Farbar Recovery Scan Tool in a spare flashdrive went into System Recovery Options from Advanced Boot Options and followed the Command Prompt instructions with Notepad and everything This is where I have stopped for I suspect that my FRST txt log may be different from the one the previous user had I have attached my log to this post and I await for further instructions on what to do System restore points do not work and I am unable to use Safe Mode or any of its variations Malwarebytes and Spybot are the only antivirus programs I have installed Every other site with a similar problem to this has ended with the solution of reinstalling the OS itself which I am unwilling to do since that results in the extinction of all my personal stuff I am not a troll or a spambot I sincerely do need this help and I will be grateful for any quick response to have my computer back again Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe x HKLM Run AmIcoSinglun C Program Files x AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe - - Alcor Micro Corp HKLM Run SysTrayApp C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe quot tf Intel Wireless Tray - - Intel reg Corporation HKLM Run SmartMenu C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe background - - HKLM Run HPWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant DelayedAppStarter exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWA Main exe hidden - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run EgisTecPMMUpdate quot C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe quot - - Egis Technology Inc HKLM-x Run EgisUpdate quot C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe quot -d - - Egis Technology Inc HKLM-x Run VitaKeyTSR C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SimplePass Identity Protection EgisTSR exe run - - Egis Technology Inc HKLM-x Run Bing Bar quot C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe quot - - Microsoft Corp HKLM-x Run Microsoft Default Manager quot C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Default Manager DefMgr exe quot -resume - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKLM-x Run Norton Online Backu... Read more

A:Windows 7 System Repair loop

Hi,I just want to let you know I moved the topic to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum where it will stay, and I have alerted the team members who specialize in unbootable computers. Another member will be along to help you.Please be patient, and good luck!bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473955/windows-7-system-repair-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Every time I start up my Windows 7 Home Premiuem x64 laptop, I get the startup repair screen. It always says that the problem cannot be fixed; this has been going on since last night and I've tried several methods, none of which seem to work. It won't even let me access the login screen; as soon as I start my laptop it goes straight to startup repair. Any help appreciated, thank you soo much!

A:Help - Windows 7 system repair loop

So I or someone else can better help you, what exactly have you attempted?
Did you create a system repair disc/ boot disc?
Did you create a system image prior to this problem?
When first starting up, do you see an option to boot into system recovery? On my HP I would need to
hit the F11 key at that prompt.

EDIT: Did this happen today after installing today's many Windows updates?
Did this problem occur shortly after installing new software/ program?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403790/help-windows-7-system-repair-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

When I turn my HP Pavillion, it shows "preparing automatic repair" and then becomes a black screen. I've tried booting from my installation disc but after loading for a while, it also becomes a black screen. F11 for HP recovery doesn't work either. Running a system test showed that the hard disk is okay although it doesn't appear in UEFI boot options. It does appear in legacy boot options. Any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73920-automatic-repair-loop-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I've been looking for ways to fix this problem. It started about a year ago, i just left it but now i feel the need to try and fix it.
I have gone through Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery
but it was no help
If someone could help me and guide me through this, it would be helpful.

(P.S. I am not very tech savy, but can follow steps pretty easily so if someone were to help me, could it be in very specific steps as to how to do it)

A:Windows 7 Startup Repair Loop

Have you ran startup repair using a system repair disc ?

Do you have a Windows 7 install dvd ?

Do you have a windows activation key ?

Would you like to reinstall windows ?

Answer these questions and you could get started on fixing windows.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272009-windows-7-startup-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Shortly after the Windows XP load screen appears, flashed out and cursor appears mid screen...the screen flashes blank and a reboot starts. As the title states I have attempted a windows repair from the install CD to no avail. I am unable to run a virus scan from my Norton CD's because the drivers for my boot volume's RAID are not given the opportunity to load. The only luck I've had in booting is with Bart PE. With this it appears the drive is intact, and it passes all the scans, however due to the fact that the DLL's aren't being loaded I can't run any of the diagnostics installed on my hard drive. I attempted running the diagnostics from my Norton CD in this environment as well, when they should begin an empty error box appears and then nothing happens when it gets closed.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I am having trouble with my computer. It is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have tried almost every way to try to get out of it but it doesn't work. I don't have a CD or USB to restore anything as cyberpower did not send one. ( I sent a ticket request and they said I would have to buy a new one for $33 Should I just do this? ) I also tried some things with command prompt but it doesn't work

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Windows 8 Automatic Repair Loop

Originally Posted by Sentinel

Hello,

I am having trouble with my computer. It is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have tried almost every way to try to get out of it but it doesn't work. I don't have a CD or USB to restore anything as cyberpower did not send one. ( I sent a ticket request and they said I would have to buy a new one for $33 Should I just do this? ) I also tried some things with command prompt but it doesn't work

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Since no replies have a look here first:
I need a windows 8 ISO file [Solved] - Windows 8 - Windows 8

Rich

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64004-windows-8-automatic-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello my friends pc is suck on windows repair loop Windows repair startup here is the log Ran by Windows startup repair loop SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe x HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - Windows startup repair loop - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe quot - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run Dell DataSafe Online quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe quot m - - HKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central quot C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot mode - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run DellSupportCenter quot c Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter x HKLM-x Run mcui exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey - - McAfee Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run x HKLM-x Run ApnUpdater quot C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe quot - - Ask HKLM-x Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool quot C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot - - HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper quot D Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot x HKU ybull Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background - - Microsoft Corporation HKU ybull Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files x BitTorrent BitTorrent exe quot MINIMIZED x HKU ybull Run RESTART STICKY NOTES C Windows System StikyNot exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU ybull RunOnce JavaInstallRetry quot C Users ybull AppData LocalLow Sun Java JRERunOnce exe quot RUNONCE SPONSORS - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x RunOnce quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot - - Dell Winlogon Notify GoToAssist C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist G AWinLogon x dll X Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Bluetooth lnk ShortcutTarget Bluetooth lnk - gt C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe Broadcom Corporation Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup WDDMStatus lnk ShortcutTarget WDDMStatus lnk - gt C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMStatus exe WDC Startup C Users Default Start Menu Programs Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk ShortcutTarget Dell Dock First Run lnk - gt C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe Stardock Corporation Startup C Users Default User Start Menu Programs Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk ShortcutTarget Dell Dock First Run lnk - gt C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe Stardock Corporation Startup C Users ybull Start Menu Programs Startup Dell Dock lnk ShortcutTarget Dell Dock lnk - gt C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe Stardock Corporation Services Whitelisted McMPFSvc quot C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe quot McCoreSvc - - McAfee Inc mcmscsvc quot C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe quot McCoreSvc - - McAfee Inc McNaiAnn quot C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost e... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

Ive worked on a few computers where I would have a windows repair stop at a certain point. They have been different so its not the same problem, but that's really not the question. I mean once its in the repair It will continue to boot into the repair until its done. So if it doesn't finish it will keep booting to repair. My question is, is there any way to recover from that if it happens? I haven't found one yet.

A:Is there any way to recover from a windows repair loop?

This sometimes works, sometimes not:
Tap F8 as the system boots to bring up the Advanced Options Menu (aka Safe Mode menu)
Choose the last item, Return to OS Choices Menu
You may have a choice of Windows Setup and Windows. If you can boot into Windows, you can edit the Boot.ini file to either increase the timeout, or remove the Setup choice.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-there-any-way-to-recover-from-a-windows-repair-loop-465462.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a toshiba laptop with windows 8 installed on it.  Getting a infinti loop with automatic repair.  cant get into advance boot options with shift f8 or f11.  I dont have the recovery disc or installation disc.  Need to figure out how to get it to stop looping.   Need help ASAP

A:windows 8 automatic repair loop!

Is this an actual Win 8 or 8.1 machine, or is it an older computer that you've upgraded.
In other words, I'm trying to establish if you have a recovery partition on your machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547510/windows-8-automatic-repair-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I have a Dell inspirion one running windows 7 64x. I am not sure what happened and not sure if I have a root or some form of backdoor. I installed several rootkit removers and anti viruses after I started running them I had a windows crash followed by a windows repair request, when I started the repair it got stuck in a sweet loop. Logs posted below.

--Edit--
Got the computer to recover, after I ran a few anti-viruses and anti-rootkits one process kept coming up DellOSD.exe I had a Comodo system scan going and then the computer restarted. When it booted back up my computer wont let me alt-ctrl-del and it would appear that every item on my computer has been deleted.

A:Windows repair loop malware?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/492825 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492825/windows-repair-loop-malware/
Relevancy 60.2%

nbsp I went out of the house for half an hour and when I returned my computer was shut nbsp I was in the middle of writing a paper I wasn't even downloading anything and wasn't overloading it with programs - but since then it keeps on looping the automatic repair loop It says the operating system couldn't be loaded because the NLS Loop Automatic the out Cannot get - of 10 Windows Repair data is missing or contains errors Error code xc nbsp I had tried literally everything to Cannot get out of the Automatic Repair Loop - Windows 10 get it up nbsp It wouldn't consider any safe mode so I went to system recovery I tried refreshing it auto repair Image recovery and System restore System restore was really my last hope - I had a restore from the th of august and an earlier one from th I tried them both nbsp It just finishes it then says System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer's system files and settings were not changed nbsp Details nbsp System Restore failed to replace the file c programs files windowsapps macrorinaldi notetiles x rvmmrcs zgr sqlit with its original copy from the restore point An unspecified error occured during system restore x nbsp nbsp I went to the library downloaded windows on a usb drive and tried to repair from it but to no avail It just says a problem occured and I can' install it I decided perhaps to reinstall upgrade it but it just says that the installtion started and that I need to take out the usb reenter into windows and resume it in windows - but it never even logs into windows It just gets stuck in the Recovery screen with the same message again I understand that the best option here would just try to reset but all my pictures files projects are on this computer and I just cannot risk them right now nbsp nbsp As I have all the files family pictures and literally everything saved on that computer clearly I decided to go even further I browsed the internet and found a few things you could do on the command prompt so I tried these chkdsk c nbsp chkdsk c fbootrec fixmbrbootrec fixbootbootrec rebuildbcd nbsp nbsp nbsp I even tried this copy d windows system config RegBack d windows system config nbsp At this point I'm wondering if this isn't a windows problem but a hardware problem of some kind perhaps nbsp ps nbsp I bought this windows with a windows - I upgraded to - and then to windows when it was available - but windows had never done any problems and I've been enjoying it so far I know this might not be relevent but maybe it is since I already have absolutely no idea what to do nbsp Any answer would be welcomed nbsp

A:Cannot get out of the Automatic Repair Loop - Windows 10

At this point, I have to agree that there might be more wrong than meets the eye.  I would first try to boot to a different OS, IE a Linux distro, maybe Ubuntu.  If that works OK, then it most likely is a Windows problem.  Or just replace the harddrive and try to install Windows 10 again.  If that goes OK, then try to retrieve the data from the old harddrive by placing it in a external enclosure.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cannot-get-out-of-the-Automatic-Repair-Loop-Windows-10/td-p/5736192
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Yesterday i went to a cafe and connected my HP Pavilion DV -dx to the energy plug i didn't notice i had to turn on the switch that was next to it so the computer died early the battery is faulty so it gave about minutes of charge so i Repair Startup Windows Loop tried many times thinking the computer was failing it was turning on for some seconds then shutdown etc The last time it gave a message recommending me to launch the Startup Repair so i accepted it by the time i had found a useful power plug And after many tries i'm stuck in the loop It can't repair it so this is my problem detail Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Windows Startup Repair Loop Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature CorruptRegistry OS Version Locale ID I've read quite a few threads about this problem but my case seems unique I can't acces Command Prompt Startup Repair is the only option All the boot options form the boot menu get me to the Startup Repair including Last Known Point and deactivating the System Failure Restart I don't have the Recovery disks of this computer my sister gave this PC to us Could get a W Ultimate installer ISO file if it can help I need to solve this urgently Please and thank you

A:Windows Startup Repair Loop

Try "system restore" from win7 recovery environment.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284520-windows-startup-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Alright I'm so frustrated right now so I'll try to not let this turn into a rant D Yesterday I was trying to install Visual Studio so I can brush up on my C But the installation failed So I tried to open Control Panel so that I could uninstall it and start over but the search bar in the home menu wouldn't open up The computer started to get bogged down and all of the program tiles on the home screen Repair Loop Automatic Windows 8.1 had these little X's at the bottom right So I decided to restart my computer to let it refresh But the computer went through the Repairing your PC and then Automatic Repair and so on I can't remember the exact phrases Then it Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop gets Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop to the Choose an Option page Pressing Continue Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop does the loop again Use a Device is easier said than done I don't have a disc drive And unfortunately to use a USB apparently I would need a Windows Key which I can't get because it was pre-installed Pressing Troubleshoot brings me to the next page Here is where it gets really frustrating I figured I'll just Refresh My PC however pressing that brings me to a page that says You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on the PC I only have one account on this computer which is mine I always thought that it had Administrator Privileges but maybe not So I figured maybe there is a way to activate Admin through Command Prompt apparently there is BUT I get the same No admin message as above So now what I should mention that this Infinite Repair Loop has happened to me dozens of times in the past years from anything like a windows auto-update to installing or uninstalling a program But I've always been able to refresh I really appreciate any help -Max Computer is Lenovo Y - i Quad Core Gigs of Ram Nvidia GTX M

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621689/windows-81-automatic-repair-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello!

My friend's laptop is unfortunately stuck in the automatic repair loop. We've tried using command prompt lines bootrec and chkdsk on C drive, but so far no luck. 
It displays a message saying it couldn't repair the system and mentions this path: C:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

His laptop has an SSD, an considering the chkdsk command did not find any bad files in the C drive, maybe there could be an issue with the SSD?

Currently, he doesn't have any back-up of his files or a recovery drive, so that's why I'm hoping to find an alternative way to make the laptop bootable again.

Edit: We figured out System32 was installed on drive X, but when trying to run checkdisk, it gives a message saying: 'Windows cannot run disk check on this volume because it is write protected' or something similar. Any way to get around this?

Hopefully someone can help!

Relevancy 59.77%

My inspiron 660 is struck in an auto-repair loop
Last night i was watching a dvd, my pc freeze and since i cant restart it. He try to repair then want to restore then nothing happen 

A:Windows 8 struck in auto-repair loop

acher76
Hello,
I seems that I have similar case. My laptop has stuck in reboot loop of windows 8. Unfortunately, I can't force my laptop to start recovery procedure. I think I need some kind of installation or recovery media from Dell. Do you think you can help me with this?
Looking forward for your reply. 
Run diagnostics:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/f12-preboot-diagnostics/
If they pass perform A Clean Install of Windows 8 Service Pack 1 (otherwise known as Windows 8.1):
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/a-clean-install-of-windows-8-1/
Installation media may be downloaded here:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19524794
Relevancy 59.77%

Currently running Windows Vista "ViewSonic"
Problem: I've clicked repair computer to fix the problems I've been having with Trojans and malware and now it's stuck in startup repair!
The computer was filled with all sorts of malware and Trojans, and I'm guessing one of the viruses caused the bootup to fail and causing me to do a startup repair every time I go on the computer. First,startup repair pops up saying it's trying to repair, but now It says go to a earlier restore point, so I tried going to a earlier restore point, but it says if the problem still occurs windows will start normally, but it keeps going In a loop!
Pictures of the situation:

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I seem to be having some problems with my Windows installation and was wondering if anyone might Automatic 8 Repair Issue Windows Loop be able to help A couple of days ago I cut the power to the base station suddenly by accident so Windows didn't shut down properly My monitor was off at the time so I don't know what state the system was in After powering back on the OS doesn't boot up and I'm getting this 'automatic repair message' with a black screen then getting kicked into the blue builtin diagnostics tool I tried to refresh the system from there and that failed I then ran the hardware diagnostics in the BIOS and it looks like the hardware is all ok so I'm assuming this is a Windows issue I hunted around a bit on several forums and it sounds like a few people have had similar issues however i wasn't having much luck with the Windows diagnostics so I created a bootable USB with Ubuntu and I've managed to boot up using that ok thinking that might at least give me access to the hard disk The machine is a Dell Inspiron desktop with Windows which I bought just over a year ago It has an Intel Core i processor and about GB RAM I confess that I didn't get round to creating Windows 8 Automatic Repair Loop Issue a recovery disk or make any system backups I know my bad I know there is an option in the Windows diagnostics to reset the system back to 'factory settings' however I haven't tried that yet as I'm still hopeful of being able to recover my files However after booting up into Ubuntu the Windows hard disk partitions seem to be mounted but all I can see is the top-level folders Windows Users Program Files etc but they appear to be empty - all the files are missing Thinking it might be some Windows Linux compatibility thing I opened up the Windows command prompt via the diagnostics and checked there too but it looks the same - the top-level folders on the C drive are there but appear empty So are all my files gone and am I basically screwed I would have thought if they were there I'd be able to see them from the Windows command prompt As a next step I'm going to try downloading a hard disk recovery utility and see if I have any luck with that Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated

A:Windows 8 Automatic Repair Loop Issue

Hi Time4Tea, Welcome to 8 forums.

Insert the Windows 8 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
f) Click Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.
g) Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.
h) Windows 8 will then looks for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.
Please move to the next method if the issue is unresolved.

Method 2: Perform System Restore from Advanced Options screen.

System Restore allows you to restore your computer to a previous state quickly and easily without losing any of your files or personal settings. Sometimes when you install programs or drivers, they may affect some of the system settings and prevent other programs from working correctly. You can use System Restore to revert these settings back to their previous state

Follow the steps:

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
f) Select System Restore.

After you perform System Restore your documents and files will always remain to their previous state.
I hope this resolves your issue,

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39343-windows-8-automatic-repair-loop-issue.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone -
Needing your help with my situation. I have been dealing the issue on my laptop, it has been running Windows 10 for 4 months until the other day my pc won't boot and I have received the error: Preparing automatic repair (In a loop) and goes black screen after. After trying some fixes like checking if it's a hardware failure or issue. The error turns into: Preparing automatic repair and goes on a recovery error.
Please help to fix my laptop.
Would appreciate your assistance!

A:Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

lanas2213                                                                                     
Please post the system model that you are having this issue on. You can click the link below for information on possibly resolving this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8U-bWQ8tqY

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19663989
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have a PC with Windows on it I recently got a blue screen of death with a Watchdog Violation that rebooted my PC Now it is stuck on loop 8.1 and Windows automatic reboot. repair start-up saying that it's preparing to automatic repair I went to several forums and read what people say however in my case it's different The loading circle keeps sticking up all the time without fail After about half an hour with it sticking and then going it will then reboot and the cycle continues During all of that there are no prompts to do anything just a black screen with Window's blue logo on it and the quot preparing to automatic repair quot caption I tried unplugging the PC and plugging it back several times I even put in a boot CD Windows 8.1 automatic repair loop and reboot. and still there's nothing new happening after the prompt to press any button to use CD DVD What can be wrong and how can I fix this I am a basic user of PCs so I never Windows 8.1 automatic repair loop and reboot. went to DOS if it's required please let me know how to do it

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64145-windows-8-1-automatic-repair-loop-reboot.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Have a Dell inspiron r that recently starting failing to boot Windows encountered a problem blue screen and then goes into a automatic repair loop Things that I have tried - Ran Dell internal diagnostics no errors fix - 8.1 this automatic Windows to repair loop unable or issues - Booting to safe mode or command prompt I can't access safe mode or CMD due to the auto repair loop - Restore to a previous recovery point When I try any option in the advanced menu Windows give an error that I must log in as an administrator and that there are Windows 8.1 automatic repair loop - unable to fix this no administrators configured on the system single user who is an admin on the system - Boot with Windows install disc Unable to launch bcdedit as discussed in many articles tells me it can't load the boot configuration - Ran system restore from CD which runs for about minutes and then give an error that a file could not be accessed - From Windows CD I have run chkdsk no errors and SFC no issues found - There are no external devices connected to the laptop no USB mouse etc I've spent a few hours going over all the MS articles along with anything I could find on a forum given what I've attempted so far is there anything else I can do

A:Windows 8.1 automatic repair loop - unable to fix this

One other thing I tried was to manually replace the registry files in System32\Config from the last backup. That did not help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65658-windows-8-1-automatic-repair-loop-unable-fix.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I have a Toshiba,  I upgraded to windows about a month ago.
I am now getting the Automatic repair loop.  I let the laptop battery drain.  I get to the Gui interface Toshiba setup utility window.  From here I can change the boot order.  I changed it to USB first, and  I have tried to boot
from USB.  I get to the windows set up menu, but after a few seconds the Automatic repair loop kicks in AGAIN.  I can not complete the install. How do I turn off Automatic repair loop so I can finish install?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3d784ce-7659-41d6-b935-549dca924b16/automatic-repair-loop-even-when-booting-from-usb-windows-10?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.77%

I have had this loop for 4-5 hours now, and I have not found any fix for it. I am using build 10240. I have tried reverting back to windows 7, and that failed. Tried start-up repair, that failed. Tried system restore and image recovery, those failed too. Even resetting my pc has failed. I have tried cmd commands, and those also failed. I have upgraded to windows 10 via online from Windows 7, and I do not have a disk or another computer to work with. Nothing has even caused this issue. I just booted my pc like any other day and I was sent into this loop. I have a Gigabyte USB 3.0 powered motherboard.

A:Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

Welcome to Ten Forums. If you still have the Win 7 product key and aren't worried about losing your data here is a link to create Win 7 install media on the sister site Seven Forums. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...sc-create.html . Then just do a clean install, but then you totally start over with nothing leftover. The other choice is to create Win 10 media and try to repair your installation from there. You might have a better chance at repairing it using bootable media. Here is a link from the tutorial section Windows 10 ISO Download . Here is a link for a repair install / inplace upgrade. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade . This might not work for you, but maybe you can get back to a stable situation.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/27583-windows-10-preparing-automatic-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I m new to this forum but have heard good things Like an idiot I followed an online tutorial that purportedly would speed up Win XP It or rather I screwed up my system to the Installation Repair Loop Home Windows XP point I couldn t even cut and paste or back up my data I finally followed Microsoft s instructions for a repair reinstall not the recovery mode option however Windows will install to a point and then indicate there s a fatal error quot The signature for Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade is invalid The error code is The service has not been started Setup failed to Windows XP Home Repair Installation Loop install the product catalogs This is a fatal error quot etc etc I ve done some research and it appears that since I m using the original Win XP Service Pack One CD the system s since been automatically upgraded to SP the program won t allow me to install quot old quot files SP over quot new quot ones SP The machine now simply goes into a restart reinstall loop If I remove the CD prior to restart the machine asks for the Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack CD and when the CD s inserted it asks for some I file which apparently isn t on the CD because the machine will simply repeat the above error code I have reviewed this forum and didn t find a similar issue hopefully I m not wasting anyone s time Are there any options If I m going to have to lose my data I wouldn t even know how to do a quot clean quot install in that I can t break out of this restart reinstall loop Many thanks in advance for any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-repair-installation-loop.692692/
Relevancy 59.77%

First off I'd like to note that refresh reset is not an option unless someone knows how to fully backup everything programs app settings filesystem etc My system specs Intel i AMD Radeon HD GB RAM MSI H M mono TB HDD Problem Possibly after a video card driver update I restarted my 8.1 loop in stuck repair automatic Windows computer only to get a quot loading automatic repair quot loop then Windows 8.1 stuck in automatic repair loop it tells me that it wasn't able to repair automatically etc and just gives me options to get into a command prompt reset or refresh and a couple other options Steps I've tried to fix Flashed updated BIOS Tried safe mode boot logging low res mode etc Took it down to a couple local repair shops that ran a chkdsk fixed some files but didn't work and tried to run the auto repair from a Windows install disk Came to the conclusion that I need to reinstall and that there's no way to update programs Please help lol If you need any additional information or logs feel free to ask and direct me on how to get it thanks

A:Windows 8.1 stuck in automatic repair loop

Look here
How to Fix the Automatic Repair Loop in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66792-windows-8-1-stuck-automatic-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

On windows hH I was wondering if anyone can help me i have been trying to fix automatic repair loop tried almost everything boot rec build etc I am unable to unsolved?? 7automatic repair Windows loop boot in safe mode I opened up Windows 7automatic repair loop unsolved?? note pad in comand promt and opened on my computer when i noticed that my c drive had no volume and when I click to view os and files there appear to be nothing there When I tried to fix using boot rec build cd in comand prompt I did all that stuff and followed instructions to the letter and seemed to not work in rebuilding the boot software also it appeared the the c drive was not found in cmd I tried automatic repair numerous times and it keeps looping bakc to launch repair very frustrating i tried farbar and folled the instructions from a forum posted on this website but when i pressed fix program said looks like you don t know what you are doing and closed down Hardware seems to be working ok the hard drive has only about two years with mild use on it no wear noises etc I have tried reseating everyrhing mother board hdd ram dvd cpu etc but to no avial I have the installations cd and almost about to do a complete reinstall but not sure if this has been caused by malware a virus or wether it s corrupted windows drivers or registry etc i don t have another computer to try and boot this to also I had tried and older hdd had the same problem so i kinda think maybe its ram or something but not sure Please help james

A:Windows 7automatic repair loop unsolved??

I have reinstalled windows seems to be ok now, don t know how to delete the original message

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563881/windows-7automatic-repair-loop-unsolved/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Ok so this is my first post in the form I have HP Pavilion g ee with windows Singal language original camed with the laptop It all starte with windows update error f amp SFC scannow error Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operetion I tried command dism exe online cleanup-image restorehealth and came with error the configuration registry database is corrupted Then is was Stupid when by mistake i opened old registry Backup named Backup reg with over MB and now everytime i restart windows i get message Preparing Automatic repair and then it coudn't repair your computer the windows With , repair registry etc loop and Help automatic only way i can continue to windows is to go to troublshoot gt Advanced Option gt StartUp option gt restart gt Disable Anti-malware delyad startup and it continue normally to windows My question is how to get back at least the normal rstart with getting into automatic repair loop Note i have tried to restore to factory settings but it always request recovery disk which i dont have Help With windows automatic repair loop and registry , etc because Windows already comed with the laptop Sorry for the bad post because i am in hurry

A:Help With windows automatic repair loop and registry , etc

Try to restore via the recovery partition in the computer. Continuously tapping the F11 key at boot to get into recovery manager to restore to factory conditions. You can also order the recovery disks from HP Customer Care in your country if still available:
Contact HP | HP? Official Site

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53179-help-windows-automatic-repair-loop-registry-etc.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I uninstalled Avast antivirus from the Add/Remove programs in the control panel, and after restart, I couldn't get it out of the system repair loop. I've tried so many things, but nothing's really taken.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/390032-stuck-windows-7-system-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everybody how are you I am looking at my sibling's Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows and now I went to uninstall Norton Internet Security through Revo free After I restarted the laptop it keep going to the automatic repair screen then to the repairs failed I could not get in Safe Mode when I tried it went back to the automatic repair screen but the only way I got into Windows is to press option - Disable early launch anti-malware protection During one of the failed boots I was told that the log file can be found under Windows System logfiles rt srttrail txt Once I opened the above log file I scrolled to find only one issue - C Windows system drivers NISx SymELAM sys is corrupted I downloaded Norton Removal Tool completed successfully and dafter a restart laptop seems back to normal - I even can boot into Safe Mode My question - can I have an expert eye look over some Norton 8.1 Windows loop automatic & repair logs to check if I have any virus Windows 8.1 Norton & automatic repair loop malware etc still hiding in the system Newest Kaspersky Internet Security amp Malwarebytes scanned without finding any problems

A:Windows 8.1 Norton & automatic repair loop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518878 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518878/windows-81-norton-automatic-repair-loop/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello this is quite a bothersome little error let me explain to the best of my ability The Patient A beautiful custom made computer H H -M motherbaord i intel loop repair Windows 7 on Stuck Up Start processor DDR gb ram with a gb Nivida Driver and gb Seagate harddrive Running on Windows Professional if it matters The problem My windows opens on the start up repair when the scan finishes the scan that doesn't even last seconds it Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop restats and begains again How it began I do not Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop know I am however leaning towards a corrupt Hard drive or a Virus Hoping it is a virus because I really want to salvage the memory on the hard drive I left my computer on while I went to watch a movie when I came back the computer was off and the monitor was still on When I turned it on it the screen froze and so I turned if off by holding on the power button I waited seconds and turned it on again and that is when the Start Up error began How I have tried to solve said problem first I let it run its course after the fifth time I knew this was not going to get better I procited to start the computer using the f options all of which did a really funny thing Safe Mode showed one line of text and then immidiatly to start up repair Last good config also start up repair My personal favorite Disable start up repair took me to you guessed it right back to start up repair I looked for other ways to start it up so before the start up scan was iniciated I canceld it to recieve other options Startup Repair would do nothing just restart it System Restore Showed that there was no other check point to return to System Image Recovery Also shows nothing doesn't even detect the DVD I have in the drive which also happens to be the Image Recovery disk WIndows Memory Diagnostic does abosulty nothing Command Prompt is where I had more success I did a chkdsk on the C dir it showed everything was ok yet I could not see the files it has in its directory using the dir On the harddisk D it show something like this WARNING F parameter not specified Running CHKDSK in read-only mode Currupt master file table Windows will attempt to recover Windows cannot recover master file table CHKDSK aborted to this I responed with the chkdsk r and the results were almost the same After this I gave in to it being a currupt disk until I was about to re-install windows I saw a repair option as I opened it I found that the windows partition size was normally this should have more So I looked around and found this link which lead me to a great tool also presented here on bleeping computer the FRST tool Now upon running this tool I realized a bunch of my files have disappeart and not just normal files these where critical files that are used to start up windows the Software Hive files and a whole lot of system files I am now trying to find the files to restore them because well I want to keep the memory if at all possible but if not nuking the memory might be the fastest and easiest way Thanks to whom ever took the time to read all this and hope we can find a solution that doesn't involve memory loss If you need to see the FRST report I will gladdly paste it if it is necessary

A:Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop

hello and to bleepingcomputer! A corrupt MFT could mean that the drive is bad, question for you is do you have any data on the drive that you would need to recover? If yes, we'll need to use a data recovery software to try and get data from the drive, if not we should run a hardware diagnostic to check if the drive is done or not. Create a cd/dvd on a working computer and Run a 'long test' with Seagate tools for dos using the below instruction

1. For writing it to a CD/DVD, follow this tutorial: Burn Disc Image - ISO or IMG file2. For writing it to an USB pen drive, the easy way is to use Win32 Disk Imager | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net

Note
The downloaded ISO will not be written to the USB Pen Drive as it is. You need to alter the .iso file a bit to make it writable. Very little job is involved. Download or install either 7-Zip (free) or WinRAR (not free).
Extract the downloaded .iso file.
Rename the SeaTools.ima to SeaTools.img.
Burn the SeaTools.img file using Win32 Disk Imager
3. Download and double click to execute it. Select teh USB device, and browse for the renamed .img image.

4. Double click on the image, when found.

5. Click on Write.

6. A Confirm Overwrite message will appear. Click yes.

7. See the progress bar for a few seconds and the image is written and ready to boot from.PART - II: Booting from Seatools for DOS1. Now it is to boot from the CD/DVD or USB. You may do it using two alternative ways.
Enter into the BISO and change the BOOT order to CD (or USB) to first.
Use the BIOS Boot Menu Key to get the list of all possible devices to boot from. Select the CD (or USB) by using the scroll arrow keys and enter.
2. When on the GUI, at first a warning message will appear. Accept it by clicking on "I Accept".

Part - 3: Testing
There are three types of tests.
Short Test;
Long Test; and
Acoustic Test.

For most of the cases, Short tests are enough. But if Short tests detect problems, Long tests are suggested.

Information
Long test has a mechanism to recover/repair some disc errors like BAD sectors. But the recovery/repair options work only for Seagate brand HDDs.

PART - IV: Results
Test results are of two types, in general.
Passed; and
Failed with errors; which may yield two possible alternative ultimate outcomes.
Passed after repair
Failed after repair

1. If passed, its all good.

2. If the test result a failure, with bad sectors etc, it will suggest you to have a warranty replacement, with a supplied test code.

Click on "Done". It will supply you some options to repair the failures.

You need to opt for "Repair this one and all remaining".2.(a) If repairs are successful, it will show a result as passed after repair. It is good, too.

2.( But if the repair is unsuccessful, then there is no way but try to back up your data and replace the disc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529870/stuck-on-windows-7-start-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello forum Newbie here I've been struggling with this issue since Monday I've got a desktop running Windows that has been refusing to boot When I try to start it up the desktop srttrail.txt Windows loop - repair 8.1 computer Windows 8.1 desktop - srttrail.txt repair loop goes to a blue screen and states Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Press Advanced Options to try other options to repair your PC or shut down to turn off your PC Logfile I windows system logfiles srt srttrail txt I tried looking for this file on the Command Prompt but it couldn't find it on the drive I kept getting a quot path not found quot message and doing a search via dir command on all the drive partitions didn't reveal this folder I did find a srttrail txt file at f temp srttrail txt but the date on the file was There are files with more recent dates lying around elsewhere I created a USB recovery disc from my laptop that runs Windows but that didn't help solve anything but did change the location of the srttrail txt file from H to I drive Anyone have any advice how I can get round this I spoke to Microsoft who said they could look at fixing this for a charge of I don't know if they'll refund it if the issue isn't solved though f

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69083-windows-8-1-desktop-srttrail-txt-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I have a Lenovo Y580 with windows 10.1 on it. It worked fine until today. Today I started to enter something that called a Windows automatic repair loop. I keep getting the message the Windows ran into a problem and need to restart with an error message of FAT_FILE_SYSTEM of NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. I Googled the subject and in the BIOS the "Intel Virtual Technology" is Enabled and the "SATA Controller Mode" I tried both AHCI and Compatible. I always got the same error and could not enter the Windows. Can someone give me a hint on what to do? Thank you in advance!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Windows-automatic-repair-loop-on-Y580/td-p/3303534
Relevancy 59.77%

So windows 10 crashed this morning and when I switched it back on I got the auto repair screen but then in never makes it to the diagnosing screen v

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93042-Windows-10-crashed-repair-screen-in-loop
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Before I begin to explain my problem I wanted to mention that I am essentially an average user without a significant background in diagnosing computer problems I have attempted to scour the web for solutions to my problems but the problems themselves have changed often enough that I am completely lost at this point repair Windows available endless CDs startup 7 no loop, I am hopeful that someone on this forum will be able to guide me to resolution even if that doesn't mean I end up with a fully operational system Quick background I bought my Windows 7 endless startup repair loop, no CDs available computer Dell Latitude D Intel Centrino Duo processor Windows 7 endless startup repair loop, no CDs available used from a fellow who refurbished older machines as a hobby He sold it to me running Windows I cannot recall which version it was but I think it was home or home premium pretty sure it was bit He did not provide me with a copy of any software It has been almost completely problem free until about weeks ago That day when I turned the computer on it took something like minutes to boot and windows was very slow delayed in processing the simplest commands I ran a full virus scan a malware scan disc cleanup and defragmenter and no problems were found I learned about sfc scannow and every time I ran it it found problems it couldn't fix I ran checkdisc several times as well and it was always finding bad clusters and repairing them The computer's performance improved incrementally but it kept trying to download and install the same updates over and over unsuccessfully which slowed things down so I turned off the automatic updater and at last it operated like normal again except that I would occasionally get error messages saying windows couldn't find MSVCR dll A day or two later the computer entered its current state of non functionality Now When I press the power button the Dell startup screen appears as usual but it presents me with the choice to run startup repair or start windows normally If I run startup repair when it's finished it restarts and sends me back to the aforementioned choice If I attempt to start windows it restarts and sends me back to the choice If I F and attempt safe mode it restarts and sends me back to the choice I attempted to create the AVG USB rescue disc and was able to boot the computer with it but the tool was useless as it didn't recognize the hard drive but could only scan or otherwise interact with the USB drive itself I'm prepared to accept the possibility that my computer is a total loss as disappointing as that may be but I would like to try to save it if there's hope I have reached the end of my diagnostic powers and so submit myself to the wisdom of this forum

A:Windows 7 endless startup repair loop, no CDs available

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Programs
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

If defective, replace it then reinstall Windows 7. Is there a COA sticker on the computer with the Windows 7 install key? You will need that to reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336930-windows-7-endless-startup-repair-loop-no-cds-available.html
Relevancy 59.77%

About a week ago I (2nd Windows repair stuck in loop time) 8.1 had the same exact problem When I would turn on my pc it would try to diagnose my computer repair it and then fail and find no problem I didn't find any solutions that could help me so I did a fresh install Now its happening all over again I originally thought the problem was my OS and re installing would fix my problem Now I think that my SSD OCZ Vertex might be the problem I think that disabling automatic repair could also fix the problem but I Windows 8.1 stuck in repair loop (2nd time) don't want to turn that off and cause another potential problem if it wont stop the boot loop I also have a hard drive which I could install windows on if I need to but I am not sure my SSD is the problem and if it cant be fixed I haven't been downloading anything lately and I formatted both my SSD and hard drive when I did a clean install so I don't think the problem is a virus Thanks for any help suggestions

A:Windows 8.1 stuck in repair loop (2nd time)

It sounds hardware related.

Have you tried going into Safe Mode?

I built a new PC the other day and I have terrible problems. I was about to return my board back to the shop because I thought that it was my SSD that was causing the issue.

It was just going blank after the POST screen.

After trawling around the net, I stumbled across a similar problem.

That person found that their PCI GPU was conflicting with their CPU's GPU, and the fix was to remove the PCI GPU, boot into Windows, update everything and then re-install the PCI GPU.

His post saved me a great deal of problems. I could have been sending my board, and all the components back for testing.

Things like this can catch anyone out, and they don't have a rationale answer.

Start off by installing known safe components and getting the machine to work. Then introduce the other components to see what effect they have.

These things are never easy.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47461-windows-8-1-stuck-repair-loop-2nd-time.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok I am running windows on a Dell Inspiron built in Sorry dont know all the specs at the moment I am at work When I power on it directs me to the Windows repair screen Runs the repair attempt then I get the quot windows could not repair the problem quot error I have tried to restore from to Factory system restore option and every option posted here due to this loop The restore are completed successful however upon restart it goes back loop stuck Solved: repair in a windows to the system repair There is no Windows disc never was I am starting to think this maybe a virus issue How would I Solved: stuck in a windows repair loop go about running a virus malware scan when I cannot even get in to the OS Also it will not allow me to boot into safe mode When I try to boot to safe mode it goes through the boot sequence but when it is completed the computer restarts I dont care about saving anything on the laptop I just want to get it working and back to factory state without having to purchase a copy of Windows I pulled the hard drive and put another in attempting to install xp on it and I got a blue screen after the initial driver set up I put Ubuntu on the spare drive for now at least I can access the internet All and any help here is GREATLY appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I am currently running an HP touchsmart tx2-1370OUs Windows 7 64 bit. Recently my computer began to act very "sluggish." I ran Malwarebytes Antimalware with no success. After searching my computers symptoms online it seemed that a Java Updater virus could be the culprit. I uninstalled Java using Revo Uninstaller Pro, and restarted my computer. After restarting, it hasn't worked since.

When I attempt to boot windows normally, the HP logo is displayed, and then the computer freezes and restarts on the windows logo. When I attempt to boot into safemode, the computer restarts again with no success. I have attempted to use system repair, system restore points, and a windows 7 repair disc. All of which had no success. I have also booted with a Kaspersky Rescue disc, and Hiren boot CD, both of which found and removed viruses, but did not fix my boot loop.

Any help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

A:Windows 7 64 bit Repair Boot Loop Virus

I'm guessing that you've already tried Safe Mode, correct?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547542/windows-7-64-bit-repair-boot-loop-virus/
Relevancy 59.77%

Laptop Gateway NE R U I m not sure if it s running Win or So I got this laptop from my employer to use as a work computer It had belonged to someone else and I wanted all the files wiped and basically I wanted it back to an out-of-the-box state before I started working on it EDIT Let me get this out of the way The company I work for is a very small company with very few established systems or processes and no actual IT guy This laptop was just lying 8(.1?) repair/refresh/reset loop Windows around and basically thrown to me with a quot If you Windows 8(.1?) repair/refresh/reset loop can use it it s yours quot So going to my IT dept is not a thing here I m on my own with this Besides I know more about this kind of stuff than anyone else at the office I work in the oilfield industry so my company is filled with a bunch of older guys who have no clue about this kind of stuff so no help here Going through the RESET option I chose to quot Fully clean the drive quot Well about of the way through this it reported an error and booted me back to the repair menu Now I cannot boot back to Windows I get stuck in a repair loop Reset doesn t work Refresh doesn t work I can get to the command prompt via the Advanced Options I attempted a couple of things as seen on Microsoft s website So I tried this option http support microsoft com kb en-us which is to quot Rename the System and Software registry hives to System and Software by using the following commands ren system system ren software software quot I did not realize at the time that I was in the X so after following the instructions I renamed system but when I attempted to rename Software to Software it gives me the quot this is being used in another program quot error So I tried to do the reset refresh at this point Still got the quot There was an error fixing your quot whatever option I choose Finally I read other people were getting that quot this is being used by another program quot error when trying to rename their Software file and found that you are supposed to do that in C not X When I got back to the command prompt and tried to change the dir to c the command prompt looks like this x windows system gt cd c C x windows system gt So it doesn t switch over to C I thought maybe this whole process may have rendered my c empty or useless so I started looking around the options for another solution Now when I go to Troubleshoot gt Advanced Options gt System Image Recovery the computer doesn t find any system images to recover from When I choose to quot Select a system image quot manually nothing comes up in the list but I am given two new buttons Advanced and Refresh Advanced will let me search for an image on the network or install a driver The Installing a driver option brings up a windows explorer Now I can see all my drives and files Progress Or so I thought quot Local Disk C quot is GB free of GB yet it still seems to have all of the typical Program Files Program Files x Users and Windows folders in it quot Boot X quot is MB free of MB and it seems to have the same setup of folders as listed above Finally there is quot Push Button Reset Z quot drive which is GB free of GB Inside are several files and folders quot Recovery Image quot and quot RyTools quot In the Recovery Image folder I see an OEM folder and a few other files including install wim As I understand it install wim is the recovery image But I cannot get it to pop up in the list of available images back in the quot Re-Image your computer quot window because it seems to only be searching the current drive which I assume is X That s just about every shred of information I can give you at this point If I could just figure out how to recover from that image or if I could figure out how to get the normal Reset Refresh options to work I feel like this would all be over Thanks for any help you can give me EDIT Also before I did any of this I used the Jellybean Keyfinder to get any necessary product keys from the computer and ca... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

hey all i would appreciate the time if you looked into this matter.

i was using window's harddrive repair function, as my computer was starting to crash frequently. The window repair function hung at 47% at the 4th step, so i shut it off.

Now windows can no longer start, not even in safe mode. Upon loading, the computer will reboot itself.
i know there's some serious harddrive issues, this 110 gig seagate hdd had to be sent in before. I will most likely just transfer the data and start anew if no one has any suggestions.

any advice would be appreciated.

A:win xp hdd repair crashed: windows now in infinite loop

Welcome to TSG....

If this repair function that you were doing is a repair-installation of Windows then exiting out is a big mistake since the process will want to keep going until finished. I would suggest to put the windows install disk back in the drive and follow the prompts and finish the installation.

If this is not available then you might have to remove the hard drive from this computer and install it into another computer as a slave drive and manually backup any important data to another media like CD-R's, DVD or thumb drive and then return it to this computer and do a clean installation of Windows with a format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-hdd-repair-crashed-windows-now-in-infinite-loop.582705/
Relevancy 58.91%

I had a power failure yesterday and I have been unable to restart my Windows. It is stuck at the startup repair or "start windows normally". Neither options works and it keeps coming back to this screen.

Unable to to start in safe mode or restart in last good configuration.

Did some research and got to the "system recovery option" by pressing F8. I don't have a boot CD or original windows installation CD. "System restore" didn't work.

I then followed the following tutorial by going to "command prompt". See link below. I was able to follow the instructions exactly but the restart still didn't work. Keeps going back to the loop.

Any help is is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

A:Windows 7, stuck in windows startup repair loop after power failure

Hello Hao99 and welcome to the forums. First, please go into BIOS and look at your boot options and make sure your hard drive is there. If it is seen there, you can recover your personal files using Copy/Paste from the recovery console Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

The Infinite loop recovery tutorial is usually the last thing before a clean install. But, this tutorial lists everything that can be done for a failure to boot. Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

I hope this helps you some. If you have any questions I will try to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375362-windows-7-stuck-windows-startup-repair-loop-after-power-failure.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I've seen this issue all over Google but this seems to be a unique problem A few days back in tried to turn on my laptop only to be faced with a a screen telling me that Windows will try to repair a problem and that it [Unique Infinite Loop 8 Windows Problem] Repair could take a few hours The problem is this loops itself over and over again Infinitly When I searched Google every result told me to insert my Windows 8 Infinite Repair Loop [Unique Problem] recovery CD however this laptop being pre-installed with Windows all Windows 8 Infinite Repair Loop [Unique Problem] laptops no longer come with recovery disks When I phoned Toshiba they told me to send it back to them and this could take weeks with some idiot on the other end telling me that I need a new HDD as they do not offer recovery disks apparently But this would be half the problem as I am currently abroad and won't be back for a few months which just adds to further frustration So I got a hold of a USB stick and downloaded the official Windows X Core ISO and copied it to the drive with the official ISO maker from Microsoft I plugged in the drive and booted up the laptop only to be faced with the message quot checking media presence no media present quot followed by the infinite repair screen of death After HOURS or searching I found out it had something to do with UEFI settings however they got rid of the option completely in BIOS unless you get this go into Windows and disable the option What a load of bull Microsoft royally outdid themselves here I've seen my fair share of MS screw ups in the past but this takes the biscuit well and truly All the help I can get is appreciated

A:Windows 8 Infinite Repair Loop [Unique Problem]

What kind of hard drive do you have, is it a regular HDD or is a a SSD? You will have to download Toshiba's Disk Checking utility and get it onto a Bootable CD or Flash Drive - Boot to that, and run a full scan on your boot drive and all other partitions on it, the Utility will do this by default.

After you do that, you will need a Windows 8 install DVD (Or a flash drive with the installer on it) - Boot to that, tun the Advanced Repair options, command prompt - Run CHKDSK x:/ /x /f where x = your boot drive/system drive. The Toshiba utility will find and fix any errors on the drive, and CHKDSK will fix any other errors - Try that and then see if it boots. If it does, cancel out of any Disk checking it wants to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43220-windows-8-infinite-repair-loop-unique-problem.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am a novice when it comes to errors and sytem repair so I decided to seek help here for my specific situation I have a Gateway netbook bought last year that is running Window Starter as was default when purchused Here's my problem Last night while coming out of hibernation my netbook flashed a blue screen and a countdown too fast to read has happened before to no issue which led to the netbook restarting into System Repair mode I clicked the system repair and it ran and said everything was fine and restarted It continued restart back to System Repair mode I tried restoring from a restore point and at first it said it was successful and then restarted back to System Repair I shut my netbook down for the night as it was getting late and started it back up this morning trying all the same things Too scared to try anything else I have never made a back up I Starter Netbook, loop, 7 Systems Repair Windows kept waiting for back-up drives to go on sale or for the price to fall I guess that was a mistake Anyway after consulting with forums here and other places online I have tried the following F into safe mode restarts into System Repair mode Now when I try system repair or restore points is says it's unsuccessful The last system repair attempt yeilded the following message in the diagnosis section everything else was successful except the following Root cause found ------------------ Boot critical file d windows system kdcom dll is corupt Repair action file repair Result failed Error code x Systems Repair loop, Netbook, Windows 7 Starter Time taken ms Root cause found ------------------ A reent Systems Repair loop, Netbook, Windows 7 Starter driver installation or upgrade may be preventing the system from Systems Repair loop, Netbook, Windows 7 Starter starting Repair action System Restore Result failed Error code x F Time taken ms I am very cautious about trying anything as I stated my files are not backed up What I'd like to do first before anything else is to back up or copy my files from my netbook either onto a external HD or to my laptop as they are very important After that I will be much more comfortable perfoming any fix on my computer Thank you I hope someone can help -Sarah

A:Systems Repair loop, Netbook, Windows 7 Starter

Hi Sarah and welcome,

Please use this tutorial to help you gain access to your files for backup-up before attempting any repairs:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

Post back here if you need more help or clarification.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261215-systems-repair-loop-netbook-windows-7-starter.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a 3-month old HP Pavillion laptop (15-1233wm) with Windows 10. While accessing a wireless printer, which it has accessed before, I got stuck in a loop for repair and diagnosis.  Restart does not help, nor does shut down and removal of the battery. I get the same loop upon restart. I've tried most options in advanced settings to no avail. I have not reset the system to initial configurations. I do not have a restart disk or (apparently) any system restore points, although I has restore points a few weeks ago. I downloaded the MS Office suite shared subscription (Office 365) in April and have not had any problems with it. Can anyone suggest a fix? Thsi is not how I wanted to spend 4 hours on a Sunday. ;-)  Thanks,editink

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Laptop-stuck-in-repair-and-diagnosis-loop-Windows-10/td-p/5669615
Relevancy 58.91%

First off hello I'm not completely sure where I'm suppose to place this particular article but I'm assuming posting it into the threads might be good enough I've owned an ASUS laptop model X C for a year and it's currently running on windows Yesterday I spent the entire day working on assignments and skyping friends I've recently completed three assignments but stupidly I didn't save it to a USB key figures the one time I didn't my laptop breaks down When I turned it on this morning to retrieve the stuck is a startup continuous in repair. Windows loop: 7 files it booted Windows 7 is stuck in a continuous loop: startup repair. up then went to this screen startup repair As you can imagine I sent the information then shut down the laptop and restarted it I attempted going through the safe mode by pressing f Although the options all came up on the screen when I pressed onto safemode it brought me back to the blue screen and the pop up After searching around for a little bit I quickly found that other people had this problem At this point I've spent three hours going through different solutions So I'm not suggested the same solutions I've already tried here is a list of what I've already tried Disabling the system repair Command Prompt Waiting for extended periods of time to attempt reboot and log on Safe mode This tutorial As I have assignments on my laptop and plenty of photos I need to keep my files on and not restore my laptop to original settings or anything of the sort Until I have a solution I'm staying at home to restart all of my assignments -- If anybody can offer any sort of advice it would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:Windows 7 is stuck in a continuous loop: startup repair.

Now first thing is dont panic, as long as your HDD has not failed then all your files are there and recoverable

Have a read through this thread, it basically covers pretty much all options to get the system working again
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you need your files in a hurry and dont have time to fix your machine then you can transfer your files to a usb drive if you have one
you have two options to do this either from a command prompt or from a bootable linux disk (this is probably easiest but will require access to another machine)
this will explain how http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305917-windows-7-stuck-continuous-loop-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 58.91%

DELL INSPIRON 3847
Thank you in advance! I am helping a friend get his Dell out of the Repair Loop. Upgrade from W8 TO W10, worked for a month and then went into the loop. Sorry, I don't know the details. Ran Chkdsk with no issues. Need some guidance please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-dell-stuck-in-auto-repair-loop-1161833.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I was running Windows XP Home Edition SP not sure if my actions windows boot Locked loop, no repair has effect into a changed this Athlon GA- VAXP GB RAM GB Raid I experienced a random reboot that locked into a reboot cycle until I disabled GoBack this seemed to fix the issues although I had some sever performance issues at this point boot took about x longer than normal For that reason I ran Norton System Works s button checkup and accepted all changes After the reboot from this I got an Explorer Locked into a boot loop, windows repair has no effect exe application error xc which prevented anything other than my wallpaper form loading After checking the Microsoft forums the only solution I could attempt was running the Windows repair from the installation CD During the repair run I had a COM error from csetuputil cpp stating it could not locate catsrv dll I accepted that and the run appeared to continue normally Later during the run I received notification that directdb dll wab dll inetcomm dll and msoe dll were missing or corrupted The repair seemed to finish normally after this until it attempted to reboot The usual XP load screen popped up screen went blank cursor appeared and then the system rebooted this loop had continued for - cycles until I shut the system down I then booted into the recovery console and attempted to copy the corrupted files in but the Program Files directory was inaccessible the two I was able to copy in catsrv dll and inetcomm dll had no effect on the boot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locked-into-a-boot-loop-windows-repair-has-no-effect.548573/
Relevancy 58.91%

Screen went blank today and restarted saying there's and error and windows is going to fix it automatically. The furthest it gets is a screen where it says "diagnosing your PC".

A:Windows 8 HP laptop stuck on repair boot loop.

Perhaps you can find the answer at the HP Support Forums.
It deals with Windows 8.1 in particular.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612860/windows-8-hp-laptop-stuck-on-repair-boot-loop/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all I have been tearing my hair out all day on Windows Machine 7 Repair Stuck ... in Up Loop Start this issue and hope someone can help System specs are here Last night the machine kept having the audio fade in and out and I would randomly hear the sound effect of a USB device being connected disconnect when I wasn't do so So I ran CCleaner and rebooted It the dumped me to the Start Up Repair menu and said it could not be repaired If I hit quot Finished quot the machine powered down So I booted up the DVD for Windows ran the Start Up Repair from there It said it worked and if I run it again from the DVD it says no errors are found I also ran the memory checker came up fine ran chkdsk Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... came up fine ran the Seagate Harddrive Utility for DOS came up fine and finally an AVG virus scan from boot media came up Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... fine I attempted Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... System Restore on every available restore point and each one failed with a hex error code Still when I boot up normally it throws me to the Start Up Repair screen doesn't fix the issue and produces the following output Problem Event Name StartUpRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NotRootCause OS Version Locale ID I live in a remote area and we only have one PC repair place in town and the gentleman who runs it is gone until the th I'm typing this message on an ancient Mac Book but it won't do for the work I must complete I'd also like to avoid having to format the HD for the obvious reason If I absolutely have to I will but I'm not convinced its HD related since everything comes up clean on the HD health Anyone have any ideas Thank you so much for your time EDIT I just ran Windows Defender Offline and it did not find any malware EDIT I ran sfc sfc scannow offbootdir d offwindir d windows from the install disc gt Repair gt Command prompt window The result was simply Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

A:Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ...

Hello and welcome Rivet mate you are in the right place now and I know how frustrating it can be but there are lots of real clever folks in here that can help out.

Now can you get Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware onto a stick and run these in the machine with the problem?

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

both are free and might take a while to run. Also what are you using to install the 7 on the machine as you say you don't want to format and start again which leaves me thinking you have done some stuff on the machine before this problem cropped up? I ask because I would normally say try another install. It would be useful to use the tutorial below first but you need a machine with a running system to attach the drive to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/113967-ssd-alignment.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272746-windows-7-machine-stuck-start-up-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I just installed a new motherboard in my HP desktop. It was the same model mobo and it went smoothly. Upon startup I get a windows logo and then it says loading windows files. Then it says startup failed and when I choose system repair it won't repair. I've tried things I've found on other forums but none of them worked. I'm desperate for your help!
I welcome any and all ideas and advice. Thank you!

A:System repair loop after motherboard change. Windows 7

Why...did you replace the motherboard with an identical replacement?  What was going wrong...and what made you think that a MB replacement would solve it?

Is this topic a continuation of This One ?

Looks to me that you did not purchase/replace with an identical motherboard, going by your previous topic.  "Similar" is not "identical" in my world .

Please pursue the earlier topic you initiated, thereby avoiding unnecessary confusion an possbily conflicting comments from BC members.