Windows Support Forum

floppy disk fail and windows won't load past windows logo screen

Q: floppy disk fail and windows won't load past windows logo screen

hey so for no reason as far as i can tell i started having this problem today my computer was working fine for awhile this morning but then a bit later when i tried to open firefox the computer froze for no reason kinda wierd since that has never happened before so i restarted it now what happens is it displays an error that says quot floppy disk s fail quot and i have to press F to continue i don t know why it would do this since my computer doesn t have a floppy disk drive then when it gets to the screen that shows the windows XP logo and the loading bar at the bottom the screen before your desktop loads it works for a few seconds normally then the little loading disk logo won't floppy screen load windows past and windows fail bar at the floppy disk fail and windows won't load past windows logo screen bottom slows down a whole lot and goes really slow and just stays like that the computer won t load past that point it just stays on that screen with the xp logo and bar going really slowly so has anyone seen this problem before what should i do i don t really feel like reformatting again i m running windows xp home edition by the way nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: floppy disk fail and windows won't load past windows logo screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.6%

I dont know alot about computers so please bare with me. I deleted alot of old programs (such as games etc) which I do not use anymore, *through the control panel add/remove programs*, then did a virus scan, and deleted what was found, and decided to go to www.microsoft.com and get the sp3.. after I installed, when I restarted my computer later, it gave me a black screen saying that it was shut down unexpectedly, and offers safe modes, last good config, and start normally, I have tried all three options, with safe mode, it freezes the computer, with the other two, it boots to the windows logo screen, then it will restart the entire system. Is there any way to fix this? I did not get windows disks or anything like that when I bought the computer, I did create recovery disks, but have since lost one of them, so they aren't much help.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] computer wont load past windows logo screen

lickitysplit87,

It's going to be difficlt without the XP CD, as that has the Recovery Console that we need in order to get your computer past the logo screen and into the OS.

Have a read here. If you feel confident that you can get the ISO burnt to disk, come back and we'll continue.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=150212

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-wont-load-past-windows-logo-screen-358980.html
Relevancy 109.65%

So I have been messing around with this HELP Drive screen!! Recovery a Creating logo not an that past for will load Windows the 8 Dell Inspiron laptop for weeks now trying to figure out how to get it back to normal loading and everything Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP What happened at first was that my husband noticed the computer was very slow in responce to just about Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP everything We checked internet connections and nothing helped Well one night he shut it down and the next day when he tried to turn it on it would state quot Checking Media Fail quot then change to another screen that said quot No Boot Device Found Press any key to reboot the machine quot nbsp After nbsp attempting to reboot the machine these same notifications came nbsp up over and over nbsp nbsp So I researched tons of forums on tips of how to get it quot re-booted quot This was a few weeks ago so I dont remember exactly what I did I changed boot options this and that and nothing helped However the absolute last thing I did was changed something to quot Intel Smart Response quot and now my computer will NOT move past the Dell logo even f and f wouldnt work nbsp The loading bar under the nbsp Dell logo will pop up but nbsp it will say like that I have tried nbsp waiting it out for hours and nothing changes My brother did try a Recovery USB but he forgot that my laptop is Windows and his is so needless to say that didnt work at all nbsp So my nbsp problem is now nbsp that I need to create that Recovery USB thing I was not aware that I should have made this as soon as my computer came in I have never heard of anything like this before until now So my questions are How can I get my Dell to function properly and get back on track How can I make the Recovery USB without a working laptop Can I create the USB with a friends windows Can someone HELP ME

A:Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP

"Checking Media" and "No Boot Device Found" sounds like it's trying to boot from the DVD drive but not finding a Windows system disk.  You can try putting one in the drive.  If you don't have a Windows 8 system disk, you'll have to keep trying the F12 bypass (keep pressing it repeatedly...don't hold or only press once) to get you into boot options, and then make sure you select your hard drive.  You should be able to request a system disk from Dell (and you should anyway...even if you do recover from the USB drive).
ALSO: please remember that, unless you made an image of your hard-drive or used backup software, your "recovery" options will be limited to repairing the existing installation or reinstalling altogether.  If you reinstall, you could lose your files and settings.
For what it's worth,  my Inspiron started acting up after about a year (Windows 7) with overheating on high-demand programs (even with a cooling pad, plenty of ventilation and a desktop fan blowing on it).  That was followed by the slow performance you described and now I'm getting a "hard drive failure" error. 
I've seen other users report the similar issues with their Inspirons on these forums (and others) so I think we just got stuck with a lemon .  Hope you have better luck with yours....I've pretty much given up on mine and moved back to my old desktop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19566236
Relevancy 101.05%

Windows 7 won't boot past logo. Will not repair when selected. Running in safe mode stops at Loaded:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys. Have tried to reload windows 7 and it says files are loading then comes back to the same point and locks at the windows logo. HELP! PLEASE!

A:windows 7 won't load past logo

aveator1
I see you have been a member for sometime, but as this is shown as your first post
Welcome to Tech Support Guy
I would suspect the hard drive at best or another hardware fault -
Run a disk check utility from dos
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-load-past-logo.1082900/
Relevancy 96.32%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a rent to own hp laptop 15 with windows 10 i did a recent updates on it .. But had to do a factory reset after that pc wont load past the welcome/logo screen now .. The logo screen just flashes reloads help please i have depression etc so havin laptop really help keep me occupied playing games onit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Wont-load-past-the-logo-screen/td-p/5678536
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi Guys I am having some trouble with my computer Some History- The PC is now over a year old and has been running fine for about a year AMD GT XP load Logo, past XP then Black Screen! wont - SLI-G Mobo GB Twinmoss Ram Sata HD DVD GT Sli Pixel View Graphics PCIe XP wont load past XP Logo, then Black Screen! Super Flower Watt PSU Now about months ago I XP wont load past XP Logo, then Black Screen! started to get the Nvidia card sentinal saying the Graphics Card isnt getting enough power and will reduce its performance to prevent any damage I checked it all out and it appear to be fine so pretty much ignore the issue About months ago my computer whilst playing a game would turn off the monitor and shut down the game in question was City of Heroes Some nights it would work fine others it would happen twice then run fine again Last week the computer was running really slow and had a process running at I fixed this by deciding to do a complete formatt and resinstall I reinstalled everything including the graphics card drivers the pop up about insufficient power was still there Everything was running fine until last night when the screen went in horizontal lines of greens and whites On a restart it gets to the windows logo with the progress screen and then remains blank I then restarted and up came the Windows did not start properly last time and listed the Safe mode options Obviously normal did not work but i could use both Safe modes Now thinking the PSU was at fault I ran out to get a new Watt PSU and the same thing happened I tried a System Restore and got everything running again until I installed my Graphic card drivers from the supplied CD On a restart it would only make it to the Windows logo So back into safe mode and I removed the drivers and it worked fine again So do I assume my Graphics Card has died although the fan is spinning on it and it appears on the Dos Start up when u first switch it on Is there something else I can do before I fork out for a new card Clear CMOS perhaps Regards Stuart nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

I have a broken laptop that refuses to boot. No BIOS screen or anything is displayed when the power button is pressed. I have removed the hard drive from the laptop and put it into a working desktop PC. I started it in safe mode and the computer restarts. I used the F8 key to prevent it from shutting down on errors and received the following Stop error code:
0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

So far I've used a boot cd to run chkdsk on the drive, and I've tried restoring to a previous point.

I do Not have an installation disk for Windows 7.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows 7 STOP: 0x7B Refuses to boot past the windows logo screen

Edit: Thanks for moving this to BSoD, my mistake.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-stop-0x7b-refuses-to-boot-past-the-windows-logo-screen-681863.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello, I am Paul and new here.
I have a problem with my Dell desktop. When I turn it on, it boots up past the Dell screen, goes on to the black "windows XP screen, then goes to the Blue "windows XP screen" and stops there. It should go to the log in screen but does not. Can anyone please help. Thanks Paul

A:can,t get past "windows logo screen"

What specific model Dell system?

How long have you had this problem?

Any onscreen error messages about problem or otherwise indicating a problem...before current situation?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429916/cant-get-past-windows-logo-screen/
Relevancy 94.17%

My G 500 will not load beyond the logo screen and then when automatic repair starts I am unable to launch in safe mode. Very frustrating when you have work that needs done. 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:G500 - Won't load past logo screen or enable safe ...

Hi there, Friend -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Can you enter BIOS?

Firstly, perform the below steps:

Unplug AC adapter (remove from notebook).
Remove main battery
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds (power drain)
Replace main battery
Replace AC adapter

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500-Won-t-load-past-logo-screen-or-enable-safe-mode/td-p/3372473
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,

Please help.

My desktop has been randomly rebooting on its own & now I can't boot up

I'm on Win 7

I've tried to restart several times. I'm afraid to do the repair option b/c the last time I did that last year, I almost lost all my data. But I guess I have no choice now. 

It could be the heat in this apt. as my landlords are slum landlords, they refuse to fix anything & I've been dealing with 90-107 degree heat b/c the AC won't stop running & I can't afford to run it 24/7.

I don't know what to do, now I can't work

Thank you in advance

A:Windows won't start up past logo screen

Try booting it while repeatedly tapping F8 that should get you into safe mode, it could be a damaged driver that the system can't load.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582668/windows-wont-start-up-past-logo-screen/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello,

I am encountering an issue of when the Dell optiplex 755 boots up, it boots through the Windows XP logo just fine, once it tries to transition between the logo and loading the system up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using a bootable Windows XP flash drive to repair the system files and it loads the Windows XP setup ok but when it runs through all of the commands on the bottom of the screen and the last one says "Starting Windows" , it takes me to a blue screen (screenshot below). I have HIRENS and have done a lot of the chkdsk commands to fix the files and everything comes back ok. I tried to clone the hard drive with the same exact hard drive and still the same issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Windows XP gets past the logo screen and then turns the screen black/bluescreen

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130053/EN#Error , scroll down to section on STOP 7B errors.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586463/windows-xp-gets-past-the-logo-screen-and-then-turns-the-screen-blackbluescreen/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi everyone Yesterday I wanted to install OS X Mavericks on my HDD It requires a primary partition so I decided to delete the MB system reserved partition that Windows automatically creates when you first install it I read this guide which explains how to transfer all the boot files from the system reserved partition to the partition where Windows is installed I followed all the steps with Black 8.1 screen cursor logo past Windows except for the last one When it says to do a Code reagentc enable I skipped it because when it first says to do Code reagentc disable the output of the program was quot reagentc was not enabled quot so why enable it if it was already disabled Later I will understand that maybe this was the source of all Black screen with cursor past Windows 8.1 logo future problems Then I rebooted and tried to delete that system partition from within Windows but of course it prevented me from doing that I booted gparted live and went on and deleted the partiton Now Windows would not boot and I did not have Windows disc to make a system repair So I put Windows disc and it managed to put boot files back it did not detect any windows installation but still managed to make Windows boot I forgot to say that I have another primary partition other than windows and it's a boot partition where GRUB is installed So I booted in linux and reconfigured GRUB to make it boot my Windows partition dev sda instead of the just deleted one dev sda I rebooted and Windows started fine Then I launched the Utility for creating and editing partitions because I wanted to reduce the main Windows partition and make space for Mavericks At this point Windows told me that the drive had problems and I had to do a chkdsk before resizing the partition I rebooted chkdsk finished and I got a Black Screen Of Death which told me that there were some problems with the partition but I could still press enter and go on Here I had a one-element list like the one you get when you press F at boot time The only entry was quot Windows Pro Recovered quot I pressed enter I went on and boot logo appeared Then it gets stuck on a black screen with the cursor and keyboard working actually I can move the pointer and put my laptop in standby and so on But no way Windows actually boots I can say I have tried everything I have now a Windows USB install and I tried fixmbr bootsect nt c bcdedit and so on but they failed Automatic repair fails as well and C Windows System Logfiles Srt Srttrail txt says that there are no errors Refresh does not work I run a Code chkdsk c r f but it says there are no bad clusters and it ends with quot failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot Anyway I can see all my files from the elevated command prompt I get with the USB with Windows on it so at least my files are safe I know I wrote a lot and my english is terrible but please do you have any suggestion Thank you EDIT SOLVED I formatted

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47669-black-screen-cursor-past-windows-8-1-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hey, I was doing some maintenance to my computer (updating drivers) and as per my routine, I used driver sweeper to remove my AMD display driver to install the latest version. After the reboot when the display driver was removed, the windows logo loads normally and after that it goes into black screen. I've since tried all the other options - safe mode, repair, last known good config and I'll go to a black screen everytime past the windows logo/load bar.

I'm at at total lost on what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:HELP! Black screen after loading past windows logo

Ugh looks like it has something to do with my monitor just blacking out after being Not Optimum Mode for a minute, got it fixed

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/240037-help-black-screen-after-loading-past-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello My first time ever posting in a forum regarding help with a PC I apologize if I ramble off too MSI Logo won't boot 7850 screen past Windows Radeon much My Specs MSI Radeon 7850 won't boot past Windows Logo screen Moba ASrock Z Extreme CPU Interl i - k PSU ZT W GPU Radeon Here is the story About three weeks ago I was playing GW out of no where my screen glitches and gives me the blue screen of death I boot it up and I kept getting that screen I send MSI my card MSI Radeon 7850 won't boot past Windows Logo screen for an RMA They send me back another one I plugged it in and everything works fine I play for about - hours had a day off to catch up Everything works great I wake up the next day start looking things on Reddit and I noticed this digitized screen and BAM I get the blue screen of death I freak out OMG OMG Every time I would boot up my PC through the GPU the monitor would not turn on for about minutes and then it would turn on but with a blank black screen No errors on the mother board debugger by the way I can however boot up through my MOBA internal graphics I delete all of my drivers for the AMD and did CMOS reset Nothing worked I tried both of the PCI slots as well I waited for my neighbor to get home to see if it's the GPU I put it in his PC and it boots up just fine So I take it back home and think it's my MOBA So I say quot Let me try this again quot I plug it in and BAM It works again So I play for a few hours and left the computer on over night I woke up before work and turned off my PC I come back home and it doesn't work again This time it's different The GPU boots up my PC all the way to the Windows Logo and then goes into a blank black screen only through the DVI port The HDMI ports doesn't even turn on the monitor I've tried booting it up into safe mode and it freezes I have to check at which part I forgot to write it down before I typed this I am not sure of what to do anymore Please help

A:MSI Radeon 7850 won't boot past Windows Logo screen

On this latest black boot up, can you boot normally with the onboard GPU? If so, I have a feeling that the PCI express port may be at fault, do you have another PCI express card you can try as a process of elimination?

MrNeeds

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335848-msi-radeon-7850-wont-boot-past-windows-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 90.73%

my dell dimensions 2100 with xp home is hanging at the windows logo screen. I can start it in safe mode, but am at a loss on what to do once there. Please help asap.
Thank you,
Wendylu

A:xp wont go past windows logo screen but will start in safe mode

Turn off computer.

Turn back on - as soon as you've pressed the power button - tap F8

This will present you with a number of boot options. Select

"Last known good configuration" this and see if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-go-past-windows-logo-screen-but-will-start-in-safe-mode.687563/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi First post here Most of our PC's are Windows XP running Office with a view to going to then past HELP! blue logo XP boots hangs screen at windows up [SOLVED] Network PC Win and Office [SOLVED] HELP! Network PC boots up past XP logo then hangs at blue windows screen very soon A couple of our users have been having the following problem -Turn on PC Get to windows XP logo screen fine Get to the blue desktop background screen no further progress [SOLVED] HELP! Network PC boots up past XP logo then hangs at blue windows screen even if left for minutes The hard drive light flashes only briefly now and again at this point Sometimes at this screen we will also get mouse function but nothing else The user normally has to restart their machine a number of times to get to the eventual logon box Another way around this is to do a hard power down and reboot the PC into safe mode From safe mode do a restart and it goes straight in fine without getting stuck Unfortunately this not something one of the Directors at the firm would like to be doing every morning when they come in Any ideas At wits end at the moment

A:[SOLVED] HELP! Network PC boots up past XP logo then hangs at blue windows screen

When you boot in Safe Mode can you give us any errors that should be in your Event logs?

Right click on My Computer>Manage>Event Viewer>System

Let us know what EventID no. it gives and the source of the error. If you double click on one that says error, then the info will be on there.

Can you post the system specs as well.

Also, turn the machine off, and make sure that nothing has come loose, RAM, HDD connections, RAM etc,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-help-network-pc-boots-up-past-xp-logo-then-hangs-at-blue-windows-screen-560316.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Yesterday I installed critical needed Windows XP updates that had been waiting on me for a few weeks behind the yellow update shield in the lower right corner of my screen I was having problems connecting my son s new Christmas present Xbox Live to the internet so I was about to restart the computer to see if maybe the router needed me to do a clean reboot after entering the Xbox s MAC address into my allowed devices list I stupidly thought I d be thorough by installing those waiting updates first boot updates! past after Screen needed installed Logo Can't Dell Windows and then restart All went well and when it finished and asked if I wanted Can't boot past Dell Logo Screen after Windows installed needed updates! to restart now I selected yes Nothing happened I kept trying still no restart Then I went to Start gt Turn Off gt Restart several times and each time I returned to my desktop with nothing happening Finally I Can't boot past Dell Logo Screen after Windows installed needed updates! just did a cold shutdown with the power button My son is understandably so upset that he can t use his present to connect with his friends live Now my computer won t boot up at all past the Dell splash screen The typical churning lights and sounds all begin and then when the Dell logo screen appears everything goes quiet It took me several times before I could get into my BIOS select boot order to start with my CD place my XP install disc into my drive and restart Still I can t get past that screen and it never boots from the CD the CD light does go steady at power on like it always does but then goes off at that splash screen along with everything else I tried to restart and immediately beginning pressing F to force it to boot from the CD but get the same results This happened a couple of months ago exactly the same way and I am remembering that it took days to get the computer running again only I can t remember how I did it That time and this time I had a perfectly running computer until Windows installed these quot needed quot updates I m certain this has something to do with Microsoft s updates but I don t have days this time I need immediate help I am currently using my daughter s laptop to communicate online and to search for how to get it to boot so I can rollback those damn updates Please help Dell Dimension GHz CPU with GB RAM Hard Drive GB Windows XP Professional running with SP since they released it NVIDIA GeForce MX Graphics Farallon USB to Ethernet for Comcast cable modem and NetGear router very clean system with all files stored on a portable GB hard drive with pretty much only the operating system and installed applications on the GB hard drive GB of available hard drive space and I recently about days ago used Piriform s defraggler as well as CCleaner to tidy up my system All junk files had been removed and all temp folders had been emptied I always run Malaware Bytes SUPERAntiSpyware and I use Avast Anti-virus My system is very clean Thanks nbsp

A:Can't boot past Dell Logo Screen after Windows installed needed updates!

pop disc in to do a repair installation, some dells have this as an option inbuilt

try hitting f8 on start up to access safe mode if you get in the type msconfig in the run box go to start up remove everything for now
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-past-dell-logo-screen-after-windows-installed-needed-updates.970789/
Relevancy 89.44%

I was installing Windows 10 on one of my older laptops and like any other update it restarted itself but now it won't go past the dell logo that pops up when it turns on. I've waited as long as 30 minutes and nothing. I turned it off and on again but still nothing happens

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441046-laptop-auto-restart-during-windows-10-update-now-screen-wont-go-past-dell-logo.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I was installing Windows 10 on one of my older laptops and like any other update it restarted itself but now it won't go past the dell logo that pops up when it turns on. I've waited as long as 30 minutes and nothing

A:Laptop auto restart during Windows 10 update and now the screen won't go past the dell logo

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I was installing Windows 10 on one of my older laptops and like any other update it restarted itself but now it won't go past the dell logo that pops up when it turns on. I've waited as long as 30 minutes and nothing Force switching down holding the power button, then restart

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440629-laptop-auto-restart-during-windows-10-update-now-screen-wont-go-past-dell-logo.html
Relevancy 88.15%

After few total freezes when playing dota2, my windows won't load past starting windows screen (this), that end up with BSOD every time.
I'am think that my HDD is gone, but i need to know for sure.
I tried to run it in safe mode, but it can't load any file past CLASSPNP.SYS
I just need to know is that HDD or windows because my disk is something about 8 yo and I need to replace him anyway, but i would like to save files on him, that's why i need to start it up somehow.
Btw. can I copy my win7 32 registry to new win7 64, will that work in any way?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588814/help-after-few-freezes-my-windows-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello. Sorry if this has already been addressed before but none of the things I've tried myself or online have worked.

Last night I accidentally switched off the power strip my computer is plugged into. Ever since, it won't load past the Starting Windows screen. It even does the little sound that plays when you get to the sign in screen, but my screen remains blank. I can use the computer in safe mode. I've tried a system restore, malware bytes, using the last good configuration etc I'm not sure what else to do. The computer was just given to me the other day so I do not know any of the specs on it. Please help if you can. Thank you.

A:Windows won't load past Starting Windows screen

Does the starting windows screen have animation all the time? Or does it become blank all of a sudden? Is there still a mouse cursor? Or is there a text cursor?

Safe mode works as expected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327476-windows-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Good evening my windows 10 was working perfectly earlier on my custom built machine but now it will only present me with the first window screen do on which is black of a blue window find after that i received a completely blank screen I know it's not the monitor and I have removed the BIOS and set everything back to default this happened last year at around the same time actually and the above steps correct the issue

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-wont-load-past-first-screen-4606965/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello My mother s Toshiba laptop is less than a year old and has been acting up lately She doesn t download anything on it apart from windows updates but she does have it set up to use a proxy server through a legitimate service so that she can watch her beloved BBC here in the U S which is mainly all she does on the computer It suddenly started freezing sticking on the blue welcome screen with the spinning circle when she tries to boot Sometimes it acts like it s doing something sometimes it freezes I left it for upwards of half 7 load screen won't Windows past welcome on hour to see if it would finally get to the desktop but it didn t I ve tried starting it in safe mode with and without networking to no avail At one point through logging in waiting closing the laptop opening it again and such I was able to quot change user quot and login which did get me to the desktop However I wasn t able to do anything before it froze completely Ctrl Alt Delete didn t help I m hesitant to try anything else without asking someone who knows a thing or two I thought of re-formatting the hd but unfortunately don t have a windows disk Any help would be very much appreciated She s going through BBC withdrawals and I m at a loss Thank you

A:Windows 7 won't load past welcome screen

if it setup to a proxy sever that could be dangerous in it self Proxy severs attach to male ware and that sort of thing. Do you run any AV and mal ware Scanners before this happen.

You can try to see if you have a Recovery partition and perform a Startup Repair. Reference : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

Hard Drive Manufacturers have a hard drive diagnostic tool but I need the manufacture of the HD

You can try to boot up Safe Mode with Command Prompt and use this command sfc /scannow

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422709/windows-7-wont-load-past-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 86%

My desktop will load up to the windows logo and then go to a black screen. I believe it is a driver issue but I cannot get into windows to update them.
Things I have tried myself to resolve this issue.
- Use different VGA cable
- Use my onboard GPU to load into windows (problem persists)
- Load in through safe mode, on two different monitors (get message: input timing error)
Anybody ever deal with this? I can't seem to find any other options.

A:Load up to windows logo and then black screen

What hardware? Make make/model? what's the os?

Thanks, and welcome.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/load-up-to-windows-logo-and-then-black-screen.1143635/
Relevancy 86%

Ok I have a self-built computer it's a year old just a few days ago Win XP SP I think Intel Quad-Core ghz OCed to ghz RAM gb gb detected HDD- Western Digital Floppy floppy I drive..no Disk [SOLVED] no Fail(40)...but have startup GB and not sure which company could be Maxtor GB [SOLVED] Floppy Disk Fail(40)...but I have no floppy drive..no startup SATA GT mb Video Card I have an IDE drive on there too with an Apple OSX installed on it but I've been hunting viruses and trojans due to a backdoor trojan that for the last few days and elimintated most of them including the backdoor I was running a 'thourough' scan today while I was [SOLVED] Floppy Disk Fail(40)...but I have no floppy drive..no startup at school as well as downloading some things MY anti-virus program is avast Thinking my comps quad-core ghz could handle the load I turned on Company of Heroes while all this was running the comp froze I restarted manually The first screen I got is the usual one except under SATA Channel listings it said Floppy disk s fail I don't have a floppy drive Then when I press F to continue it doesn't load up my main hardrive where Windows is installed Like it doesn't detect it it only detects the IDE drive with Apple on it and can start it up Don't ask me how I have an Apple OS on my comp the answer might violate the forums rules but that OS isn't the problem Somehow the anti-virus scan mixed with downloading and a video game crash messed things up Even F doesn't work

A:[SOLVED] Floppy Disk Fail(40)...but I have no floppy drive..no startup

The BIOS was reset to default values. Enter the BIOS at startup and change the boot order priority to the sata hdd first. Locate the screen with the setting for the floppy drive and set that drive to disabled or none. If there's a setting called halt on disk errors change it to "no errors but keyboard" or something like that. Once you're back within windows run chkdsk c: /R to correct errors in the file system caused by the hard restart (answer y when prompted to schedule the scan at next startup and restart the computer).

What's the brand, model and wattage of your power supply ? The freezing wasn't necessarily caused by the antivirus, could have been caused by an underpowered power supply. With an overclocked quad core and a 8800GT you need a quality 700W+ supply. Locate the hardware monitor screen in the BIOS and report your temps, fan speeds and voltages.

Quote:

Don't ask me how I have an Apple OS on my comp the answer might violate the forums rules...but that OS isn't the problem.

Actually mentioning it already violates the forum rules. Please read them if you didn't already : http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php. Also read this. I'll pass this time cause it's your first post but I'll have to issue an official warning next time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-floppy-disk-fail-40-but-i-have-no-floppy-drive-no-startup-338364.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have owned my Toshiba Laptop for years and have had no problems with it I loaded Keperksy virus programme from PC user disc and the next time I turned my lapptop on it loaded and came up to a XP screen Logon Windows Load past won't logon screen for windows xp I have Windows XP won't Load past Logon screen never had this screen come up before in the years that I have owned it I have tried escape enter all the passwords that I use and noting has worked I have tried all the usernames and even the previous persons username and all I can get is the desktop screen with no icons on it if you know what I mean I downloaded boot discs and can load to the A prompt I can change this to C and even Windows but the only command that seems to work is Dir Can someone advise me as to how to get my PC back to normal I have tried to boot using F in safemode but when it loads it goes to the logon screen It loads Windows for about seconds and then logs out I have no original discs for using to reload windows xp It is the Kaspersky programme that has altered something I cannot get into my PC setup to type regedit at the run command Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows XP won't Load past Logon screen

I have a friend with exactly the same problem oldtoyboy - so I'll watch this thread with great interest!

I searched the forum and found this thread... but as Safe Mode does exactly what you're describing, I'm in a similar situation.

I feel it is a virus as it has occurred to two identical computers my friend is running on her home network... too coincidental and as her answer to "do you have antivirus?" was "I think so..." I'm not sure as to her level of protection before I came into the picture.

I think we'll need a virus boot disk (I think PC-Cillin used to do one years back)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load-past-logon-screen.720937/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a 2 month old Dell Inspiron 660 running Windows 8.1.that came with windows 8 installed but I upgraded to 8.1 off the internet. Everything worked okay until I did a scan and cleaning with ccleaner. Pretty soon startup was very slow going from the Dell screen to the lock screen to the password screen to the windows welcome screen but windows would eventually load. Now the startup only goes to the welcome screen. That little circle of dots starts spinning and keeps on spinning but Windows never loads. Did I erase some registry files when I cleaned it? I got on Microsoft's live chat support who said they could fix it for 99 bucks but I don't have a dollar much less 99. Does anybody know how I could fix this for free myself?

I also wanted to know how load Dos from win 8.1 and how to boot win 8.1 in safe mode.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!

A:Windows 8.1 doesn't load past the welcome screen.

Hi Breedlove, Welcome to Eight forums.

Found a link for you. Step By Step How to Solve Windows 8.1 and 8 Black Screen Issue upon boot | Virtualization blog

In short, you have to go to Safe mode and disable the graphic card and monitors and then reboot. If this resolves, fine. Else, update the drivers for your graphic card.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37365-windows-8-1-doesnt-load-past-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 85.57%

first of all i am in my vista system as i write this because i load XP past not boot Windows screen does have HDs XP is my primary system but yesterday something happened i usually leave it on hibernation when i have to leave and come back but when i did that and turn on the pc it went just fine but after the quot windows is resuming quot nothing happened just blank so i restarted the pc Windows XP does not load past boot screen by holding the power button then i usual i see the bios screen etc then Windows XP does not load past boot screen it asks me what system i want to load i choose XP and i get the quot windows did not start normally quot so i pick start windows normal option i get the windows loading screen then nothing so i get frustrated i unplug my pc leave it for a while then restart go through the same steps bios screen systems etc after picking XP again i get the same quot windows did not start normally quot and i choose safe mode it starts ok go inside check somethings and decided to do system restore so i restore back days i restart and this time i am able to get in normally but today i had to do this at least times and now it just doesnt work i know the hard drive is ok because i can browse through it while in this system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-does-not-load-past-boot-screen.630694/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Tech Support Guy Forums Turned the computer on today and Windows will not load gets as far as the black Windows XP page with the loading scroll bar Nothing happens beyond that Everything was working fine yesterday and nothing was downloaded or installed to indicate where to start looking Tried installing GB RAM last month to no avail and took it out Things have been okay since Have read some posts that suggest using the Windows install CD to repair whatever but I didn t get one with the computer only have won't screen Windows black past XP load the Windows recovery disk Specs listed below System eMachines T Desktop Windows XP AMD Sempron Processor GHz MB RAM AntiVirus Spy Malware CA Antivirus and spyware SpyBot Malwarebytes Internet Browser Road Runner High Speed FireFox Browser Juno Browser Internet Explorer don t use this as it always has problems Have run all virus spy and malware scanners Windows won't load past black XP screen today and nothing was found by any of them Any help thoughts or ideas would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

I have been trying to install windows 8 to my 128GB ssd, with no luck. It seems to install fine, but once it tries to boot, it shows the splash screen, of the windows, and the dots turning, and it's gone after about 3 seconds, then the screen stays black, and nothing else loads! I have unplugged all other drives, and tried again, to no avail.

Any ideas why?

A:Windows 8 won't load past splash screen

Have you tried deleting all Partitions so as the SSD drive no partitions is actually blank
Then doing a clean install…

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16568-windows-8-wont-load-past-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Team,

My Computer got stuck when i opened web browser on it. After that system hanged , i waited for 1/2 hour but  screen was stuck at one place, i tried everything but nothing works. After that i restarted the system but when welcome screen appear on system
it automatically restarted again & again. i tried in safe mode setting as well as in last working setting but the result is same. I could not able to restart again. I am using Windows XP Professional (Version 2002).  Please suggest me solution.
Shekhar Rao
(On Behalf of Harbans Mahajan)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c116783-0cab-449e-bbac-d26e3518ba17/windows-xp-professional-will-not-load-past-welcome-screen?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 85.14%

I'm trying to build my first computer and I think I've got things setup right, but whenever I try to boot up I get the a message on the screen saying Floppy Disk(s) Fail (40). The Problem is that I don't have a floppy drive and my computer only gives me about one to five secs. (depending how long I wait between boot attempts) to get into the BIOS and try to do anything. the motherboard I am working with is a EVGA nForce 680i SLI motherboard and it uses Pheonix-Award BIOS. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Floppy Disk(s) Fail (40) error but I don't have a floppy drive

You need to get into the BIOS and Disable Floppy drives. It should be on the same screen as the basic set-up.
Also take it out of the Boot sequence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/floppy-disk-s-fail-40-error-but-i-dont-have-a-floppy-drive.579977/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi All Here is the low down I cant boot into any OS I formatted my PC and figured that after installing XP i d dual boot Ubuntu So all went well XP and Ubuntu installed as anticipated i could access both OS for a couple of hours When i was in Ubuntu i was trying to change my primary monitor quot to have the toolbar instead of my quot I went on Ubuntu forums to see what had to be done and i needed to reboot for the changes to take effect After i rebooted it didn t list any of my hard drives gb floppy disk(s) no floppy fail drive installed? (40)...but raptor tb Samsung or my Asus DVD CD drive My motherboard Nvidia I stated F which floppy disk(s) fail (40)...but no floppy drive installed? only says in the manual as quot Check POST error and display them and ask user intervention quot Well the lovely post error comes up as floppy disk s fail Click floppy disk(s) fail (40)...but no floppy drive installed? to expand floppy disk s fail Real helpful right And considering i have NO floppy drive its a custom built PC And i have two options F to continue and DEL for BIOS I checked BIOS first reset to default removed floppy drive from the boot menu floppy disk(s) fail (40)...but no floppy drive installed? rebooted same issue Hit F to continue now and the only bootable option is the NVIDIA Boot Agent and comes up with this NVIDIA BOOT AGENT PXE-E MEDIA TEST FAILURE CHECK CABLE PXE-M F EXITING NVIDIA BOOT AGENTClick to expand This goes on a continuous loop failing every time I ve checked all cables and it all seems fine Now i cant even access my CD DVD drive completely disabled which means i can t even use a recovery disk or what have you I am very doubtful its my hard drive i leaning towards a boot issue But i don t really know how i can even approach this Any other ideas Thank you in advance for your contribution nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/floppy-disk-s-fail-40-but-no-floppy-drive-installed.859634/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello this windows wont Xp past screen splash load morning i went to use my computer and i noticed it was Xp wont load past windows splash screen frozen on the windows shutting down screen I held down the button on my laptop and then tried to restart it The dell screen comes up and then the windows screen with the rolling blue bar but it just stays at that screen It doesn t freeze since the bar is still moving but it won t go past that page I ve tried Xp wont load past windows splash screen to load it in safe mode and its gets to the windows is starting up screen and seems to stall there Last known good configuration also doesn t work I don t have a windows disk but i have the recovery council installed on my computer When i try to run that I get quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage If this is the first time Check for viruses and then list technical information STOP x xF D xC x x On the dell slash screen i hit f and ran a diagnostic its came back with error code msg Error code - Msg hard drive - self test unsuccessful Status Please help if you can

A:Xp wont load past windows splash screen

Hello, do you have any idea what happened that might have caused this?Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417961/xp-wont-load-past-windows-splash-screen/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi the day before the problem started my AVG picked normal in the load won't screen welcome Windows mode. past up a virus Windows won't load past the welcome screen in normal mode. alert I simply clicked quot heal quot Next time i turned on my computer windows vista Windows won't load past the welcome screen in normal mode. service pack i typed in my password in the login screen and it said quot welcome quot That apparently never changed However safe mode does allow me to log in to my profile I suspect the boot sector of the hard disk is damaged Can anyone help Thank you HijackThis log DSS was apparently not available for download Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Obi Desktop HiJackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - HKLM RunOnce InnoSetupRegFile quot C Windows is-U URI exe quot REG O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Obi AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run rutisuyizo Rundll exe quot C Windows system mowukiwe dll quot s User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Gopher Prefix O - Trusted Zone avsystemcare com O - Trusted Zone onerateld com O - Trusted Zone safetydownload com O - Trusted Zone trustedantivirus com O - Trusted Zone virusschlacht com O - Trusted Zone avsystemcare com HKLM O - Trusted Zone onerateld com HKLM O - Trusted Zone safetydownload com HKLM O - Trusted Zone trustedantivirus com HKLM O - Trusted Zone virusschlacht com HKLM O - DPF - E - D - - ED Support com Configuration Class - https activatemydsl verizon net sd Installer cab O - AppInit DLLs C W... Read more

A:Windows won't load past the welcome screen in normal mode.

Hello PlayaSP,

Quote:

DSS was apparently not available for download

Correct, and it has not been for quite some time. Have a look at our sticky topic http://www.techsupportforum.com/f174...xe-280436.html

Nor is HijackThis the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-wont-load-past-the-welcome-screen-in-normal-mode-368805.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I m running windows XP and cannot get Windows black XP past doom load screen of won't it to load past the black screen with the windows logo and the blue progress bar the screen that you see usually for just a few seconds right before your desktop pops up I ve run malwarebytes and hijackthis logs below and spybot No spybot log but it did find some things that it said were successfully removed after the scan The only thing I can get my computer to do at this point is open up in safe mode windows will load there but not during a normal start-up Any help would be greatly appreciated Hijackthis Log Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWSSystem smss exeC WINDOWSsystem winlogon exeC WINDOWSsystem services exeC WINDOWSsystem lsass exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC Program FilesWindows DefenderMsMpEng exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC WINDOWSExplorer EXEC Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopHijackThis exeR - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - f - d - - d f - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - HKLM Run SunKistEM quot C Program FilesDigital Media Readershwiconem exe quot O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program FilesNVIDIA CorporationNvMixerNVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWSsystem NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWSsystem NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program FilesWindows DefenderMSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run Device Detector DevDetect exe -autorunO - HKLM Run F D v C Program FilesBelkinF D v Belkinwcui exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program FilesQuickTimeQTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program FilesiTunesiTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program FilesMalwarebytes Anti-Malwarembam exe quot runcleanupscriptO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer quot C Program FilesSpybot - Search amp DestroyTeaTimer exe quot O - HKCU Run Pando C Program FilesPando NetworksPandoPando exe MinimizedO - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWSsystem MacromedFlashFlashUtil c exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program FilesAdobeAcrobat Readerreader sl exeO - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program FilesieSpelliespell dll SPELLOPTION HTMO - Extra context menu item Check amp Spelling - res C Program FilesieSpelliespell dll SPELLCHECK HTMO - Extra context menu item Lookup on Merriam Webster - file C Program FilesieSpellMerriam Webster HTMO - Extra context menu item Lookup on Wikipedia - file C Program FilesieSpellwikipedia HTMO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWSsystem shdocvw dllO - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWSsystem shdocvw dllO - Extra button ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra button no name - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell Options - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program FilesieSpelliespell dllO - Extra button no name - dfb a - f - c -a - cab fd a - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - dfb a - f - c -a - cab fd a - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnosticxpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - win... Read more

A:Windows XP won't load past black screen of doom

Hello [/color]

Welcome to BleepingComputer
=====================Download [color="#FF0000"]OTL to your desktop.Double click on OTL to run it.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in bold

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.====================
Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.Double-click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth Code, Files, and Code HooksUncheck the rest, then click OKWhen prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OKWait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save ReportSave the report somewhere you can find it, typically your desktop. Click CloseCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.Note - You may get this warning it is ok, just ignore it."Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348775/windows-xp-wont-load-past-black-screen-of-doom/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Toshiba Satellite C850 - 1GL laptop with windows 8.1 and every time i try to load windows i get to the login screen and the laptop crashes. I cannot enter a password to access my account, restart or anything. I have to turn the laptop off with the power button.
I managed to access the bios and used a windows 8 disk, but i can't use any of the options for example automatic repair, refresh and system restore. I get a message saying the drive where windows is installed is locked. unlock the drive and try again.
I try to use the reset pc option but I get a message saying unable to reset your pc, a required drive partition is missing.
Has anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 84.71%

Yesterday all seemed to be working fine I was using my custom built PC to study One of my subject was to learn about Adobe Flash so i needed to download flash professional I downloaded this and the Adobe Creative Cloud used it for a while whilst studying then turned off my PC Today i loaded PC and found it will not load past windows login screen I enter my username and password t says welcome thinks about it for about seconds then i just get a black screen My mouse login load HELP! not past will Windows screen... 64bit 7 pointer is on the screen and i can move it around the screen but there is nothing to click on - its simply not displaying anything at all To try fix i have done this I CAN load in safe mode Everything seems normal when in safe mode In safe mode i have deleted the adobe products that i downloaded I have tried windows repair it Windows 7 64bit will not load past login screen... HELP! did somethings but then it booted W again and Windows 7 64bit will not load past login screen... HELP! same thing happened In safe mode I have tried to re-install drivers from motherboard ASUS Z -pro seemed like some worked and some didnt suppose because its in safe mode drivers are limited - same with graphics card drivers Radeon R I cant work out WTF is going on and its driving me nuts Can anyone recommend my next steps

A:Windows 7 64bit will not load past login screen... HELP!

Have you tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL on blank screen with mouse pointer to open task manager and start explorer.exe process?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384744-windows-7-64bit-will-not-load-past-login-screen-help.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have an acer aspire one d150. I t ried turning it on and the windows load screen blue bar just keeps going and going and wont ever load windows. I tried loading in the set up menu with last known good configuration and get the same thing, I tried loading with safe mode and get a blue screen "windows is starting up..." but it doesn't start. what can I do to get this working again? thanks*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

A:Windows xp wont load past screen with blue bar.

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475768/windows-xp-wont-load-past-screen-with-blue-bar/
Relevancy 84.71%

Before anyone asks I'm not sure of the system specs of the computer in question I bought it cheap off of a friend and he's doesn't remember the specs and I can't get into it to check them When I start up the computer it loads with a new loadup screen did not happen till after the problems started The screen says Asus Motherboard A N-SLI Deluxe It then goes to a screen that shows PCI device listing I'm not sure what it all is for At the bottom it says quot A disk read error has occurred quot quot Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart Occasionally it skips this screen and instead goes to the windows Splash screen but regardless of which it goes to I can't do anything else except restart the computer When I press F F or Computer past not load will windows splash screen. F it goes to either RAID Utility or Setup Utility and then I Computer will not load past windows splash screen. can't get any further with it without restarting and the aforementioned problems continue I'm fairly certain it's a virus my computer was showing signs of a virus in the days leading up to this problem but as Malwarebytes failed to show any problems with the computer when I scanned it I ignored the problems I'm also aware that all I may be able to do is wipe the harddrive and I'm fine with that I just want to be able to use it again though if it can be fixed without resorting to this I would appreciate it

A:Computer will not load past windows splash screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rethis

Before anyone asks I'm not sure of the system specs of the computer in question. I bought it cheap off of a friend and he's doesn't remember the specs and I can't get into it to check them.

When I start up the computer it loads with a new loadup screen (did not happen till after the problems started). The screen says Asus Motherboard A8N-SLI Deluxe. It then goes to a screen that shows PCI device listing . . . I'm not sure what it all is for. At the bottom it says "A disk read error has occurred" "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Occasionally it skips this screen and instead goes to the windows 7 Splash screen, but regardless of which it goes to I can't do anything else except restart the computer.

When I press F8, F10 or F11 it goes to either RAID Utility or Setup Utility and then I can't get any further with it without restarting and the aforementioned problems continue.

I'm fairly certain it's a virus, my computer was showing signs of a virus in the days leading up to this problem but as Malwarebytes failed to show any problems with the computer when I scanned it I ignored the problems. I'm also aware that all I may be able to do is wipe the harddrive, and I'm fine with that. I just want to be able to use it again, though if it can be fixed without resorting to this I would appreciate it.

Sounds like a Hard disk issue.Run chkdsk

A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Quote:
Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

B- Elevated Command Prompt:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"

C-CHKDSK LogFile:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203546-computer-will-not-load-past-windows-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

On the Monday July 26th i was hit with a virus bomb with 4 types of rogue software, a bunch of trojan and including a smitfraud-c. I got rid of these viruses, but I accidently wiped a section that i supposed to not touch. Apon rebooting my system i get a dell bios loading screen then just black.

I tried to go to safe mode it shows the files loading, but it won't go to the windows screen. I have a installation cd for windows but some of the files won't load properly. i tried making a CD-RW copy on my reinstallation for windows, but my disk won't read 4 files.

A:dell bios load then black screen no windows logo

and welcome to the Forum

If a repair install did not help, probably your best bet is a clean install. You can take the drive out to salvage any data you cherish that is not backed up.

You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-bios-load-then-black-screen-no-windows-logo-501238.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi...I have a compaq 5108US, windows xp pro.. recently installed a new hard drive, which worked fine for a few months. now when I try to turn on the computer, all I get is a black screen, with the compaq logo, and an immediate blinking cursor in the upper right hand corner. Tabbing f8 etc does not bring me to the safe mode option screen. I had the same problem a few months ago, of which I ended up having a new hard drive installed and that solved the problem. I wouldnt think a new hard drive would go bad that quick (if this is the problem this time). No beeps.. I also installed a new memory board, and it reads 504 memory ok, 164 memory size error, in addition to the black screen, compaq logo and blinking cursor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Relevancy 83.85%

Hey there Vista forums Hoping you can help me out This week i've been having a lot of issues with Windows Vista It's been freezing blue screening refusing to boot properly and a list of other issues I've tried fix after fix and i feel as though now i've after login Vista won't load Windows past screen, many problems. just compounded the problem From the start I'd like to say that I am an OEM system builder and i have my Windows Vista won't load past login screen, after many problems. own coppy of a full windows vista bit installation CD I run two hard drives gb and gb with windows vista installed on the and nothing but games on the The issue i have right now is that i cant log in past the welcome screen It started Windows Vista won't load past login screen, after many problems. with the computer telling me upon startup that it cant load vista because winload exe was either missing or corrupt Some research showed me that it was a common problem and gave me some things to try as fixes So far i have Run Chkdsk Run Sfc scannow it didnt work Ran the startup repair from the Vista CD Tried booting in safe mode Run more Chkdsks Run MORE chkdsks Run more startup repairs each one yielding different results And somehow i've gotten the computer to turn on and bring me to the login screen However once i log in It just goes to a black screen with nothing I have researched this too and tried bringing up Task Manager and then manually rebooting Explorer exe However explorer exe windows explorer explorer Explorer Explorer exe and any other term I can think of is not working because it says it can not find the program So im sitting here staring at a black screen with task Manager Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows Vista won't load past login screen, after many problems.

Hello, well, interesting situation here, Hardware or software, If able post this log : Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
If unable , can you check your hardware please : Memory Diagnostics
and this one : HD Diagnostic

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294604-windows-vista-wont-load-past-login-screen-after-many-problems.html
Relevancy 83.85%

My Medion PC running Windows XP loads past the windows loading screen then simply goes black but the computer is still on and the screen is still active. My dual boot of Ubuntu works perfectly as does safe mode. Ive had this issue for a while but it used to turn on after i rebooted it but now it only turns on occasionally. Also I'm almost certain its got nothing to do with my hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 83.42%

Inspiron 15R SE 7520
When I attempt to start my laptop it goes to the Dell logo screen and will not boot Windows 8. Any suggestions?
I've had the computer less than a month and if I have to restore the system completely it will not cause much of a problem.

Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Dell Laptop w/ Windows 8 won't boot past dell logo screen

Hello Univers789,
Re-installing windows is the last resort. So before doing that, you can try the steps mentioned below which might fix the issue. 1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS. 2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu. 3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI. 4. Press F10 to save changes and exit. 5. Reboot the system. 6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response. 7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key. 8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows. In case the above steps don’t fix the issue, run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. Please write back with results. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19480504
Relevancy 82.56%

I purchased a system with dual GTX 's about a year and a half ago I have had in Bios Black Screen/Reboot at load GTX580 Games, even Windows Logo, issues with system crashes lockups no blue screen and no alt-tabbing out of them almost from the beginning Since I am impressed with some of the technical responses I have seen on threads in this forum thought I'd reach out for help before I pull what hair I have left out I tried literally every GTX580 Black Screen/Reboot in Games, Windows Logo, even at Bios load different bios update available every single driver release Nvidia has released too many clean windows installs to count MSI Afterburner GTX580 Black Screen/Reboot in Games, Windows Logo, even at Bios load EVGA Precision video voltage increases clock decreases removing EVGA superclocking replaced the SLI bridge different ram different powersupply cables different fan speeds and so many other things over the past years it's rediculous In preparation for trashing the cards I pulled them out and put my old cards back in These are also EVGA brand 's also can run them in SLI with the same bridge and not a single problem This is while running the same driver release clean install though as the 's So I put one back in both slots amp and to my surprise it worked just fine in either PCI slot Tried the other also works fine when alone Put them both in put the bridge on and it crashes right after Bios loads before it even makes it to the windows logo login screen Seems to have gotten worse over time was just during intense gaming next it's when in windows but not gaiming sometimes at the Windows loading Logo and sometimes even at bios load Overheating Temps are fine even when stress testing with Kombuster Furmark Prime MEMTest etc temps get warm up to on CPU cores and on video card but all tests are fine PSU Bios Settings Help

A:GTX580 Black Screen/Reboot in Games, Windows Logo, even at Bios load

A 1200 Watt PSU should be plenty for your setup as long as it is performing as expected. If you have had problems from the beginning with the cards, I suspect the SLI interface itself is bad on either one or both of the cards. How do they run with the bridge removed and just the cards themselves in? You mentioned running one at a time, but have you tried running with both cards in without the bridge?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234223-gtx580-black-screen-reboot-games-windows-logo-even-bios-load.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Downloading registry cleaner and ran it and it said restart i did and now i have a blue scrren cant take a pic dont have camera but ill google a pic and just post the techincal info thats different quot same message boot sign screen load dont blue from cd pc windows crash+cant past im getting but i dindt get the dll error he did but the tech info pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i get is Tedchincal Information STOP x F x xFFFFA EF B xFFFFFA EF E xFFFFF thats all i get under tech info the pic is just to show what type of blue screen im getting also pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i CANT boot from cd i dont have a option to when i restart pc i even tried going into bios but no option to change boot pattern or anything specs- Newegg com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GU Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD GB Windows Home Premium -Bit sorry for link but best i could do since i dont know pc spec off head but this is one i bought i went into my recently bought

A:pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd

As the help you need is more repair OS rather than crash debugging I've mored this to General discussion where somebody should be able help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248982-pc-dont-load-past-windows-sign-blue-screen-crash-cant-boot-cd.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Help! my computer froze and the mouse wasnt moving so i shut it down and turned it on. the screen wouldnt project at all even though i heard the sound. i had to unplug the vgi core and plug it back on. the screen appears on and then it did some kinda 3 step c disk check. after that it froze on desktop again and i restarted. this time, it wouldnt load pass microsoft corp screen with screen bar. i waited forever. i tried starting it in safe modes but it gets stuck loading the .sys file idk wut to do at all i heard bout bios mode and that could be the problem but idk how to use it. plz help!!! thnx i have a gateway pc

64x bit built in nividia ge force 7100 but the one im currently using is a new series probaby 8600. 4g ram and 640gb 2.5gh dual core

A:Windows vista wont load past microsoft corp loading screen

See if you can boot to repair options
you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287270-windows-vista-wont-load-past-microsoft-corp-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Today I was playing a game and my system did a hard lock no sound no mouse Windows Load Login 10 Wont Repeated Screen System Crashing, Past frozen image on screen this has been a problem lately as I seem to be losing system stability for a while I chalked it up to my system overheating before as I was typically able to shut the system down for a while then - mins later it would be fine However today after my PC crashed for the second Repeated System Crashing, Wont Load Windows 10 Past Login Screen time it started having trouble booting Sometimes I can hit the power button and nothing happens the power light comes on the fans work but no startup beep and the HDD light doesnt work Other times I can start it and it work like normal until it gets to the Windows login screen though most of the time it doesnt get that far before freezing then I get a hang and the HDD light turns off The fans on everything continue to work but the entire PC just freezes This PC about years old and wasnt having any trouble until the last two months This is the first time I have had this particular problem but it has been crashing quite a lot over the last two months I had looked up this issue elsewhere and it seems that no one can come to a consensus whether its the processor ram GPU or otherwise PC Specs ASUS Motherboard GB RAM Ram taken from an older PC GHZ core processor GTX Watt Power Supply Any help you can provide would be appreciated

A:Repeated System Crashing, Wont Load Windows 10 Past Login Screen

I don't know if I can help you with this, but I'll give it a try.You may also want to post over in the Internal Hardware forums to have one of the experts there take a look at this:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/  Start with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.htmlOnce you get into Windows, Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html Finally, while waiting for a reply, please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616011/repeated-system-crashing-wont-load-windows-10-past-login-screen/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I really hope someone can help me I have a fujitsu lifebook with windows on it I had an error message pop up when i tried to click on google chrome this morning so I closed it and attempted to re-start my laptop then AVG pops up telling me I have a virus so I allowed it to quot clear quot said virus I then wont screen and cursor with page, windows stuck load black Laptop past restarted my laptop and it would not go to the login page I attempted system repair to no avail I then allowed chkdsk to run and there were a lot of quot security ID repairs quot I have also tried f and booting from my windows installation disk Non of Laptop wont load past windows page, stuck with black screen and cursor these options have worked I get the fujitsu screen then the windows loading screen then instead of the log in screen which would be next I get a black screen with the cursor visable and you can move the cursor but nothing else works and no keyboard shortcuts work someone please help I've been told to restore the OS but i cannot afford to lose all the files on my laptop

A:Laptop wont load past windows page, stuck with black screen and cursor

Since AVG 'cleaned' a virus - all bets r off as the problem could be a leftover from the virus. apparently, a (some) system files r damaged. Going forward, u might not want to run normally as an admin user. That helps keep malware from invisibly installing if the AV does not catch it. 1. have u tried booting to safe mode? If u can get there try this clk Start - type CMD -- rt clk cmd.exe and select Run as Admin when the dos window opens type 'sfc /scannow' let it run retry boot when done. 2. If u can't get there or that doesn't work put ur windows CD in and boot to that. Run the repair install - or it might be called upgrade. Just do NOT do a CLEAN install. That will not erase any of your data. 3. If that does not work If u get a Hiren's boot disk, or something similar. U can boot to that and most likely copy ur data from the drive prior to doing a clean install. This assumes the drive isn't corrupt which appears to be true since it gets to the Windows screen. 4. If not u will have to remove the drive and connect it to another computer as an external HDD to copy the data. 5. If none of the above works - u have come to the complete understanding of the word BACKUP................ good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295857-laptop-wont-load-past-windows-page-stuck-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 80.84%
Relevancy 80.41%

XP won't load past splash screen only in safe mode I was working on my load only. inetavirus past splash safe Suspect wont screen XP Windows infection mode laptop last night no problems I shut down normally and return a few hours later now the thing wont start past XP splash screen the little blue bars moves across the screen forever the only way I can get my system going is to start in safe mode The last time I ran the system I did not install any new hardware or software I have been battling some spyware recently namely one called Antivirus from inetavirus com I removed it via Malwarebytes the other day it came back once I removed it again and it seems to be gone still What can I do to fix this I also cannot run Malwarebytes in safe mode whenever I do it it freezes my about a minute into the scan on a the follwing item c windows system msobjs dll I will post a HJT log below just incase it helps Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Windows wont load past XP splash screen safe mode only. Suspect inetavirus infection C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www accuvisionvideo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage h s PTB amp M MP R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts security microsoft com O - Hosts inetavirus com O - Hosts www inetavirus com O - BHO no name - f c -f a - f -b e -cd c b d - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstall O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Windows wont load past XP splash screen safe mode only. Suspect inetavirus infection

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-wont-load-past-xp-splash-screen-safe-mode-only-suspect-inetavirus-infection-383349.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I installed Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 on my Aspire One 725. I was then prompted to restart it after installation. However, the restart failed and I have not been able to load the netbook past the acer logo since then. I have tried several times to re-boot but not successful. Please help. 

A:Aspire one 725 - Failure to load past Acer Logo

First, try a cold boot by pressing and holding the power button till the system shuts off. Then power up again. Report back. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-one-725-Failure-to-load-past-Acer-Logo/td-p/434183/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok I am running WinXP pro and I was having problems prior to it hanging at the boot screen. First my computer would randomly restart while I was playing a video game and I knew that I need a different video card so I replaced it and it solved that problem but now I can't even boot normally without it stopping at the windows logo. (I am in safemode right now) I can't figure out why this is happening any and all help will be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-windows-logo.440709/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem sort of relating to BSOD. I honestly wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Problem is that my freshly installed Windows 7 which worked great for a couple of days began getting bluescreens everytime I tried to shutdown or put it into sleep mode. It said something about usbhub.sys. Apparently I haven't installed all my motherboard and graphicscard drivers yet. Problem now is that my windows 7 hangs at the "floating" logo in the beginning. The logo "floats" for a while but then freezes completely and does not advance. Therefore I am unable to get into Windows and install drivers. Safe mode loads up the drivers but also hangs there.

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 7 can't get past logo

in order for us to help you as quickly as possible please fill in your system specs was this an upgrade or format and install 32 bit or 64 bit what have you tried to solve the issue please include your power supply info in specs was this system functioning fine previous to windows 7 the more info the better

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/56584-windows-7-cant-get-past-logo.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have Logo get 7 past Cant Glowing Windows been using windows on this pc for the last years without any hiccup other than a virus here and there with successful removal from combofix and malware bytes Anyways yesterday I was browsing craigslist classifieds and I got this attentive Antivirus pop up Anoying disabled its services fully removed it using the steps on bleepingcomputer Then on restart my piece is just hanging up on the windows logo just glows and pulses but doesnt Cant get past Glowing Windows 7 Logo go to windows Sat like Cant get past Glowing Windows 7 Logo that for hours Tried startup repair from partition and from windows disc probably times found no issues booted in cmd and tried bootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot numerous times but still hangs up I have no issues getting into safe Cant get past Glowing Windows 7 Logo mode with networking Just cant get into normal windows Nothing in recent error logs The only thing I can think of is I dont restart my computer but maybe once a month and if there is a new driver that was installed and after the virus removal on restart it could be hanging up on the driver But this is a hunch Im about backup everything and reinstall really dont want to so this post is my last hope Mod Edit Moved topic from Windows to the Logs forum bloopie

A:Cant get past Glowing Windows 7 Logo

Since you say you can get into Safe mode and you have Malwarebytes, first off, try a Malarebytes scan in Safe mode. It is just possible, as you say , that you have something hanging around from a previous infection and MBAM has an even better chance of rooting out nasties when run in Safe mode.

Secondly, you may have already tried this, but if you did, you didn't mention it. From Safe mode, try 'Last known good configuration'. This often, but not always, works. If it doesn't, then click on 'Windows repair'. When this comes up with the screen 'Failed to repair', click on 'Advanced options' and choose 'Restore to an earlier version'. This will bring you to a screen which normally offers only one option - the most recent restore point - but there is a button to choose a different one. Click on this and choose one from a date before this trouble started, then let 'Restore' do its thing. When it is finished it will either re-boot or ask you to restart. Once re-booted, you should be working again. Post back if you are not.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503659/cant-get-past-glowing-windows-7-logo/
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 on my laptop.

Recently, I found a program called SlimDrivers on Lifehacker which basically automates the process of scanning for and downloading driver updates. Last night as I was running it, an error occured in a driver installation and required a reboot. I went through the reboot and my computer was just hanging at the shutdown screen for about 30 mins, so I decided to hard boot it by shutting it off by the power button.

Now, whenever I try to boot my computer, it sits at the "Starting Windows" screen with the Windows logo. I've left it there for up to 6 hours, absolutely nothing happens. I do not have the Windows 7 disc because this was an OEM install. How can I fix this?

A:Windows 7 Not Booting Past Logo

Hyphen, welcome to the forums.

Sounds like the driver update broke something. Seeing as it is a laptop and you most likely didn't get an actual Windows disk follow option 2 here,

System Repair Disc - Create

to create a system repair disk, and then with that disk use it to run s system restore (assuming you haven't disabled it) to restore the computer to before the driver update. If you don't have a torrent client or uncomfortable with them you can find the 64 bit version (based on your specs) of it here,

Download Windows 7 64 bit Repair Disc.iso

Then once you have it restore to before the driver update, uninstall that drive update program and never install another one again. Programs like that are more comfort-ware at best,and snake-oil at worst. Even more so seeing as you have a laptop and for the most part any and all drivers for it should only come from the laptop manufacturer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112173-windows-7-not-booting-past-logo.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello all,

My ACER Aspire pc won't boot past the Windows Logo. I tried to boot in safe mode but had the same problem. I am running XP home addition. It just keeps going round in circles, I get the Acer logo, then Windows and keeps repeating itself. I tried all the f8 options ie safe mode and starting from last known config but to no avail.

I would appreciate some advise, thank you.

A:PC won't boot past Windows Logo

According to me Your operating system has got corrupt..........
the best option is to take a backup of ur data and re reinstall the Xp........
This will definatly solve your problem...........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-past-windows-logo.710814/
Relevancy 79.12%

After installing updates then restartingmy computer no longer starts... it gets to starting windows then never finses, i should say that it doesnt crash it just loads forever...

A:windows 7 never loads past the logo!

Power off the PC
Turn it on and press F8 repeatedly until you get to the alternate boot menu. If you have the option to "Repair" use that.

If you only have the option of Safe Mode, try that. If the system starts normally, remove the recent patches and try booting normally.

If you have a Windows 7 DVD, boot with the DVD and select the repair option.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-never-loads-past-the-logo-701667.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,

I am new to this board and i never experienced a issue like this with any PC i worked on. It will loadup like everything is fine and then It will just hang at the Windows XP icon with the blue line that runs under it constantly. When i restart the computer pushing the reset buttion it fixes it and boots but i dont see why i have to do this inorder to get it to boot up correctly. If anyone could help me please in this matter it would be of great help.

Windows XP Professional
64 GForce DDR
512 DDR 2700
160 Gig Western Digital
Motherboard is a EliteGroup K7VTA3 8.0c

Anything at all that would cause this behavior.

Thank you,
Mark

A:Windows XP Wont Go Past Windows Logo Help!!!!

Have you tried re-installing your graphics card drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-go-past-windows-logo-help.234288/
Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings Sir !
i got some weird problem, my windows sometimes when i start boot suddenly not past the windows logo, and restart asking us repair startup windows, when i choose start windows normally, it's not past windows logo again, so startup repair ask do restore, so i do it, after i do it, finished and i see it's said number of root caused 1 repaired, it's back to normal, but sometimes the problem back again i need do another restore, what do you think sir ? need you help here, already 2 or 3 times like this ~

A:Windows 7 HP x64 Won't Boot Past Windows Logo (Sometimes)

Can you tell us more about your system? Desktop or laptop, what is the operating system, what security software is installed and is it current, are your operating system, security software and drivers current?

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567203/windows-7-hp-x64-wont-boot-past-windows-logo-sometimes/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
Have a little problem here, when I start up my computer Istop up atthis page where it says a bunch of stuff and at the bottom it says:
Floppy disk(s) fail (40)Press F1 to continue, Del to enter setup.

Now all I do is press F1 and i come into windows and everything works fine.
But it is a little irritating to have to press F1 every time I turn on my PC.
Anyone have a clue? It would be a great help.

Relevancy 78.69%

Every time my computer starts I get the Floppy Disk Fail error and have to press F1 to continue. I do not have a Floppy Disk drive so I am trying to remove it from the BIOs bootup list.

I have Phoenix - AwardBios CMOS Setup Utilitiy

I tried to disable the Onboard FDC Controller and also Disabled on Floppy disks fromt he Boot Devices.

All that I managed to change was that now instead of Floppy Disks Fail (40) I now get Floppy Disk Fail (80).

All I want is my computer to start without me having to press F1 to continue every time!

Relevancy 78.69%

Computer Specs Desktop PC HP Pavilion a on AMD (80) disk(s) floppy fail Athlon X floppy disk(s) fail (80) Dual Core Processor MB Ram Gigs NVIDIA GeForce LE Graphics Windows XP SP IE FireFox Oprea Windows Live AVG Anti-Virus AVG Anti-SpyWare I bought my computer in August of and in December of that year I was moving my floppy disk(s) fail (80) computer has since been inactive For nearly a year it sat unused A few days ago I finally was able to set up my computer and I have since been busy updating just about everything My problem is this every since I set it up I keep getting this error during the booting process of the computer Copyright c - Phoenix Technologies LTD Copyright by Hewlett-Packard Company Rev Main Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Memory Testing K OK M shared memory CPU L Cache Size K x System BIOS shadow status Shadowed System VIDEO BIOS shadow status Shadowed UMB upper limit segment address F H PS Mouse initialization status Plugged First Channel Device None First Channel Device None Second Channel Device TSSTcorpCD DVDW TS-H L Second Channel Device None Floppy disk s fail Press lt F gt for Setup lt F gt to Continue -C MCP -A M N-LA- Once I hit F the computer finishes booting and I run it just fine My problem is that I HAVE to hit F every time I reboot or boot my computer This error message floppy disk(s) fail (80) shows up every single time Thinking back I think I so this error message the day I packed up my computer too Once my Free AVG AntiVirus software was updated I ran it I had two viruses I was able to quaratine one of the viruses the other was I think an exact copy of the quaratine one I re-ran the scan and the other one popped up again it didn t get quaratined so since it was in my temp folder I ran disk clean-up and cleared that out When I re-ran the scan it did not show up again This is what is in my Virus Vault Virus name Virus found JS Downloader Agent Path C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE F YSDSS myshoutbox Date of detection AM Filename myshoutbox File size kb Virus name Trojan horse Flooder AKE Path D MiniNT system winlogon exe Date of detection AM File name winlogon exe File size kb Virus name Trojan horse Flooder AKE Path D I SYSTEM winlogon exe Date of detection AM File name winlogon exe File size kb I don t know what to do I ve been debating taking my pc in to get fixed since I m worried this might be a bigger problem then I think it is I ve scoured the net searching for any answer or solution to what this might be But I haven t seen any thing that describes this problem Do I need to provide more information or is this enough Is my computer infected with something Did it corrupt something Is this this a hardware or software problem How exactly can I fix this Do I need to take my pc in to be fixed It s still under warranty but that covers hardware not software problems Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

I am hoping someone can help me out with this i boot and get this error Floppy Disk s fail now I m POSOTIVE that my computer does not have a floppy drive optical drives and USB ports Now there is something that shows up on my computer as Removable Disk D which should be one of my optical drives but it says F and E are and usually that removable disk is 40 Disk(s) fail Floppy F I have no clue what it is and i click and it asks me to insert a drive but anyways any idea to fix that I can boot to windows perfectly fine Floppy Disk(s) fail 40 just that message will get annoying i thought vista was the problem so i went back to XP no drivers installed yet except internet and also when i shut off my computer it has lighting the power button will stay lit even if i shut off all power or unplug it Dxdiag---- ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name TCH-DOC Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Floppy Disk(s) fail 40 Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model XPS i BIOS Phoenix - Floppy Disk(s) fail 40 AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode nbsp

A:Floppy Disk(s) fail 40

You could go into BIOS and disable Floppy - that should stop the Floppy failure message .

For the other stuff we'd need to know a lot more about your hardware and it's configuration . Do you have a built-in card-reader or anything like that ? What , if anything , do you have connected externally to the PC (apart from the obvious mouse , keyboard , monitor , speakers) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/floppy-disk-s-fail-40.760304/
Relevancy 78.69%

Every time I boot up, I get an error that says Floppy Disk(s) Fail (80) Error, but I have NO floppy disk drives, and have never had one. I have MS Vista.

A:Floppy disk(s) fail (80)

You need to set the floppy drive to disabled in your motherboards BIOS. Even though you do not have a floppy drive installed, the computer is trying to locate one and then posting a failure message when it cannot find the drive.

The manual that came with your motherboard or the manufacturers support website should have the information you need to complete this. It should be pretty easy to do, press the key to enter "setup" when booting, look for "floppy drive" or similar in the BIOS, and set to disabled. Make sure you do not change anything else, and select the "save and exit" option.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/floppy-disk-s-fail-80-a-416757.html
Relevancy 78.69%

After upgrading my hhd to a 80 gig whenever I start the compter I see this:
Checking ide
Primary master- Maxtor 6Y080P0 yak41BWO
Slave - none
Secondary Master - CRW
Secondary Slave DVD
then this:
Floppy Disk Failure (40)
I can hit F1 to continue on to Windows XP Pro .
Could some please tell me what this means and how to fix it?
I tried changing the ribbon with a new one and still get the message.
Thanks, Jac

Relevancy 78.69%

Hey all; The above message is displayed when my unit halts during bootup.
Follows up with: press f1 to continue, del. to enter setup. Recently did a
scanreg /restore on it. Been also trying desperately to get the CDrom up
& running again, that's b4 all this started spiraling downward. Any ideas,instructions and or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Lenovo p last night around am I was watching a movie on my laptop and it randomly restarted When it got past the welcome after a millions of beeps the screen went black so i hard rebooted it by holding down the power button Then when the window sign begins to be created by those dots about the second 7 windows fail after Autochk logo dot i got the blue screen of death which i could not read because it automatically restarted and then i went into start up repair which couldn t resolve the problem I tried booting into safemode and it wasn t working so i thought it was a problem with the hdd I realised the hdd area was really hot so i turned off the laptop Autochk fail after windows 7 logo and let it charge overnight Now the laptop is working fine i ran a checkdisk during startup However now after the windows logo i have a very quick error which is something along the lines autochk program not found skipping autocheck not sure if those are the corrects words but skipping and autochk not found is in it i have looked at the regitry value for autochk and found this HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager BootExecute REG MULTI SZ autocheck autoch what is the problem

A:Autochk fail after windows 7 logo

right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466443/autochk-fail-after-windows-7-logo/
Relevancy 78.26%

Recently I was just browsing the internet and my HP Pavillion p7-1074 got a blue screen of death. It flashed away very quickly so I didn't get to notice the error code. Then I tried to turn the computer back on and it wouldn't get past the windows logo. I tried booting it in windows recovery mode and safe mode, but those didn't work either. How do I fix this? I would prefer to not lose any files if possible or even just be able to recover certain files.

AMD Phenom II 960T Quad-core processor
8 GB DDR3 System Memory
ATI Radeon HD 4200

A:Computer not getting past windows logo anymore.

It is not booting in safe mode too?

Do you have access to another computer right now, if so, Download it, and burn in a disc or make USB Flash stick ready for it.
Windows Defender Offline
Then perform a full scan using it.

BTW, do you have the windows installer disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270369-computer-not-getting-past-windows-logo-anymore.html
Relevancy 78.26%

When i turn on my computer, i see the windows logo and the little bar below it, that tells you that the computer is working and moving on to the next step.... but my computer gets stuck on that forever and i have to remove it from the power source to shut it off. In other words, i cannot successfully turn on my computer! Help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-not-switching-on-past-the-windows-logo-297243.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i cant access system recovery or most of the advance boot options i have tried useing repair cds and install cds but the computer refuses to boot from cd drive my laptop is an hp model g61 i dont really know what other specs you need i have noticed it always stops when loading a certain driver atipcie.sys
The full error I get is:

stop: c0000135 the program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

I'm not even sure what that program is

A:windows will not boot past the microsoft logo

Precisely what cd/dvd did you try to boot from.

How did you tell your bios to boot from a Cd/DVD?

Can you boot into the bios? Yes/No

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228156-windows-will-not-boot-past-microsoft-logo.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Every time I boot up XP, I get an error that says Floppy Disk(s) Fail (80) Error, but I have NO floppy disk drives, and have never had one. It started after I inserted a new optical drive but I'm not sure what else could have happened. I just press F2, which does work, but I'm getting a feeling it's not going to hold up much longer, so I posted it. If anyone needs more information I'd be happy to tell them.

A:Floppy Disk(s) Fail (80) Error

Are you using the correct cable and connection for your new optical drive? It would help if you could give us your computer specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/floppy-disk-s-fail-80-error-282088.html
Relevancy 77.83%

This seems to be a fairly common issue, and I understand how to fix it, but mine varies in a small, but very important way from most everyone else's. I don't have a floppy drive, I've never had a floppy drive, and that's alright. The issue isn't that I have to press f2 to continue, it's that I can't get past that screen into the BIOS or into Windows. The ps2 keyboard is working because I can hit caps lock or num lock and see the lights change, but I can't get past this screen.

Windows XP SP3, Award Bios by Phoenix, HP Pavilion a1210n.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-floppy-disk-fail-80-a-589244.html
Relevancy 77.83%

i installed my new computer and i turn it on and in the post i get an error message.

Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

press F1 the continue or del for setup.

i dont want to have to press F1 everytime i turn on.

i took my floppy disk drive out, but it still says it?

any ideas?

thanks

A:Solved: floppy disk fail ?

Remove the floppy reference from BIOS also. There should be an entry there about removable media, Drive A:, and 1.44 MB assigned to it. Change this to "none".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-floppy-disk-fail.487615/
Relevancy 77.83%

So I can't boot my computer because I get floppy disk fail 40 error. I can't get into the BIOS either. I tried removing the CMOS battery to clear it but that didn't work either. I basically can't get past the screen with the error. It says press del to enter setup or f1 to continue. Neither worked. I also tried tapping del and/or f2 while it was turning on. Any ideas.

A:floppy disk fail 40 error

Hello!

Please post the make and model for your computer if you have an OEM computer. If you have a custom built PC please post the make and model of the MOBO.
Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/floppy-disk-fail-40-error-982625.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Acer Aspire 5532-5534
Windows 7 Home Premium

I can't get the laptop to boot past the glowing window logo that says "Starting Windows". It doesn't freeze it just hangs there forever. I tried booting into safe mode and it hangs at windows\system32\drivers\atipcie.sys and then restarts.

I don't need to save anything on the computer so easiest way to get it up and running will work. I don't have any discs to restore.

Thank you in advance.

A:can't get laptop to boot past starting windows logo

Sure you don't mind to loose everything?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241106-cant-get-laptop-boot-past-starting-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 77.4%

So, Windows 7 Professional passes POST then gets stuck on the windows logo where i believe the kernal is loaded in..windows start-up repair wasnt useful.. and also i can load windows into safe mode without an issue...can anyone help/give me solutions or ideas on how to fix...thanks guys

A:Windows7Prox64 Wont boot past windows logo

Quote: Originally Posted by MAVE2ICK

So, Windows 7 Professional passes POST then gets stuck on the windows logo where i believe the kernal is loaded in..windows start-up repair wasnt useful.. and also i can load windows into safe mode without an issue...can anyone help/give me solutions or ideas on how to fix...thanks guys

Boot from the win 7 dvd and do a repair install if you have it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172646-windows7prox64-wont-boot-past-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello I m running a desktop pc with Windows XP removal) to Unable (after boot XP past Windows Logo infection SP The security software I use Unable to boot past Windows XP Logo (after infection removal) is BitDefender Total Security I ll refer to it as BD About weeks ago BD blocked a virus trojan Seconds later it blocked about a dozen more infected files at once They were of course deleted or moved into Quarantine However a few days later the computer wouldn t even reach the Windows logo when booting After much research it was determined that this was the after-effect of the virus Since safe-mode didn t work I was forced to boot from my Windows CD and enter recovery mode in which I deleted a kb sys file the name was random gibberish After this the pc booted fine However yesterday BD did it again A virus or trojan unfortunately I don t have the name was blocked and then a series of other infected files were also blocked I remember one was temp tmp in the C WINDOWS Temp directory and another was somewhere in my Application Data folder When booting my computer this time it loads to the Windows Logo After that instead of the Login screen loading the hard drive seems to go quiet and the computer attempts a reboot I ve booted into Recovery again but found no kb sys files I ve used the Chkdsk Fixboot not Fixmbr though commands to no avail I still can t boot past the Windows Logo Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated specifically ones that don t involve formatting the hard drive Thanks nbsp

A:Unable to boot past Windows XP Logo (after infection removal)

I replied to the thread you started at Tech Support Forum

In the future please do not post to more than one forum

this wastes helpers time

thank-you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-boot-past-windows-xp-logo-after-infection-removal.946138/
Relevancy 76.54%

Last night, I attempted to install a linux distro alongside 7, the installation failed, so I gave up and just rebooted to 7.

It got stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen, so I preformed hard shutdown and when to the "Startup Repair" utility and it attempted repairs, it then said that the repairs were unsuccessful, so I restarted and windows loaded to the desktop. Success! or so I thought...

After a while, I shut my laptop down and went to bed (as you do). When I needed to use it this morning, it wouldn't load past the "Starting Windows" screen again, so I shut it down and restarted and it went the desktop.

A:Occasionally wont load past "Starting Windows" screen

Hi,

Can you access the Advanced boot options?

Advanced Boot Options
Choose Last known Good Configuration

Tip
Use the up-arrow and down-arrow keys to move the menu’s highlight to Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced), and then press Enter as the mouse won’t work at this screen.

Your computer should load successfully, and Windows 7 will discard the bad configuration and return permanently to the last known good configuration.

Alternatively:

Are you able to restore back to a point to before you tried to install linux distro?

System Restore

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288100-occasionally-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Upon start-up, two options are given: "Start Windows Normally" or "Launch Startup Repair (recommended)".
If the Start Windows Normally option is chosen, then the starting windows screen comes up and stays. If I launch the startup repair option, then I still can not get the problem fixed.
From the Startup Repair Screen however, I can launch command prompt and restore options, how can I fix this, a restore is not really an option because I have not set up a restore point in a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you in advance.

A:Won't load past "Starting Windows" screen

It's possible that you can't access the actual startup repairs from within Windows itself. You might have to boot from either an installation disk or a previously made system repair disk. And it might take running the startup repair 3 times before all issues are fixed.

Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234388-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there, I am running windows Vista. When I turn the computer on it stops at the screen where there is the windows vista background and the words "Loading".
I'm not sure what information I should post here, so if you think you can help me just ask me what you would like me to tell you about the situation and I will reply quickly - hopefully.
Thanks for your time and effort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-past-loading-screen.852700/
Relevancy 76.11%

I changed my CMOS battery and replaced my WiFi card, then booted my computer and got this:

Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

It happens every time I start up now. I can press F1 and it will continue booting. I have a Shuttle AN35 Ultra motherboard with AwardBIOS v6.00PG. I don't have a floppy drive and I don't have it set anywhere in the boot order (it's just HDD-0, then CD-ROM and nothing else).

What in the world did I do?

EDIT: by the way, changing the battery reset all the settings, but I set all of them back again.

A:Solved: BIOS Error: Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

Settings in BIOS that might influence this include choosing none for type of floppy drive and disabling the floppy drive controller.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-error-floppy-disk-s-fail-40.646641/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi you all I really need some help go Windows Recovery Computer Logo past Help Pls:System died-Comp.Won't I was under the process of System Recovering my Hp Mini when it died because I didnt realize it wasn't charging Now the computer won't go past the Windows screen and I can't seem to do anything to get it to work anymore I am so frustrated because I was doing the recovery because there was a virus on the computer and now it's in a even worse state than before I have tried the hitting of the F button that takes me to the black screen where I can do a few commands like Safe mode and Last Configuration and Starting the computer Normally but nothing is working When I try to do the Repair Your Computer the first option command choice option it takes me to where I have to enter an Administrator password which I have no idea of what is it Does any one anyone at all know what the Admin password maybe or how I can bypass it to get the computer running again Please I asked HP and they said I need to send it in for to be repaired and I can't do that at this point So please chime and help me Any advice or tips would be Help Pls:System Recovery Computer died-Comp.Won't go past Windows Logo so gratefully appreciated Thank you everyone

A:Help Pls:System Recovery Computer died-Comp.Won't go past Windows Logo

Welcome to the forum
Generally on HP the administrator password is "admin" without the quotes. TRY-it, maybe it will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/229406-help-pls-system-recovery-computer-died-comp-wont-go-past-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi i would be grateful for any help screen checkered compaq screen get past and logo Solved: cant I will include computer details at the end of this Yesterday my computer was working fine I sat Solved: checkered screen and cant get past compaq logo screen down in the evening and noticed i had what looked like Solved: checkered screen and cant get past compaq logo screen a Solved: checkered screen and cant get past compaq logo screen small red checkered pattern on my screen So i decided to open up my computet dust it out and check the connections Upon trying to reboot it wouldnt come on I noticed the green light on the back by the power supply was flashing So i looked it up and followed the procedure to resolve the surge protection loop unpluged power cord to mobo all drivers etc and it i was able to get the computer to power back on But then realized that i couldnt get it past the compaq logo page no power to keyboatd or mouse so cant get into safemode or bios or anything And my screen looked even worse blurry and jumpy Then i followed someones recommendation of removing the litium battery to try to reset the bios Screen is now a bit blurrier and still xant get past the compaq ogo page Any help please I really hope im not going to loose everything on my computer Compaq presario sr y Amd athlon x e dual core processor gb memory gb hard drive Nvidia geforce se graphics nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion Media Center Desktop, running Vista Home Premium OS..Every time I try to log on, or re-boot, it gets to the HP logo screen, and stalls there. Also my DVD drive is not reading properly, so I know I am at a disadvantage trying to boot from a disk. The screen I am describing, does have options at the bottom. <esc> boot, <setup> F10, <system Recovery>F11..The ONLY two that even tries to do anything is esc.....It says booting...but stalls, and F10 (recover) button. It does the same, says restoring, but stalls also. Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Thank You,

Phil Heard

A:Can't Get Past HP logo Screen at Boot up

Can you boot into safe mode?

Exact system model, please?

Have you checked the HP website for possible solutions?

<<...it gets to the HP logo screen, and stalls...>>

You mean that the HP screen has options indicated at the bottom?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386703/cant-get-past-hp-logo-screen-at-boot-up/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hiyas have a HP Desktop model - a-b assume Aus only model HP screen past logo initial Get Cant thats misbehaving nbsp Initially the owner reported that the USB's at Cant Get past initial HP logo screen the front and one of the on the back had stopped working nbsp All Cant Get past initial HP logo screen three Cant Get past initial HP logo screen in question still had power but no recognition that a device keyboard mouse or usb stick had been inserted nbsp In Device Manager there was one usb component device with error code which i followed numerous guides to reset detect etc without success nbsp The device list did not refresh or change on plugging in anything to the bad ports nbsp So I thought I might check the bios nbsp and nbsp entered windows recovery options after holding shift and clicking Restart nbsp From there I selected the change uefi firmware option nbsp nbsp Well since that reboot the machine will not go past the HP logo the hdd light flashes once and it will sit there frozen nbsp nbsp I have tried bios resetmemory swap replaceunplug everthing inc wifi module drives etcholding tapping ESC F to F on startupwin bootable usb in one of the working portsdifferent power supply nbsp Anyone have suggestions what else i can try Its feeling more and more like hardware failure but I dont want to give up without trying everything

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Cant-Get-past-initial-HP-logo-screen/td-p/5678384
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello The other day I decided to reset my computer in hopes of having it run more smoothly I don't really have a lot saved on it besides a few games but it said I have low storage memory I save all my music documents etc on my flash drives Computer go past will not logo HP .... screen I've done a reset before with no problems so I am very confused as to what went wrong this time So I go to the menu amp click reset all drives just erase my files as I'm keeping the PC etc After a minute I would look at it amp it would be at Computer will not go past HP logo screen .... percent then but soon it would say a problem occurred while resetting Okay so I tried to reset it again amp the same thing happened The highest it got to was percent I tried it or more times Computer will not go past HP logo screen .... amp eventually gave up When I tried to start my computer back up it would freeze on the HP logo screen then go blank black screen I knew something was wrong because the little symbol that rolls around while the screen loads up did not pop up I turned it off then tried to start it up again amp ran into the same problem I looked up some possible solutions to this on my phone amp none worked holding the power button for however long I pushed the F button amp was able to make it to the recovery screen I pushed F for startup settings but the screen would flicker amp not go to it While still on the recovery screen I pushed F amp decided to run a system test I ran the extensive one amp saw that my computer passed it This gave me hope that my computer is salvageable Please any help would be much appreciated Might I add that I put I don't know the OS but I think it's Windows Again any help in fixing this would be GREATLY appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Computer-will-not-go-past-HP-logo-screen/td-p/5791483
Relevancy 75.25%

The computer will power on and lights up. The screen comes on and displays the blue HP logo. It won't do anything else from there. I tried hitting ESC to get to the boot menu. If didn't do anything. F10 for the bios, no response. Tried to boot from a CD and the light blinked but it didn't load from there either. I've tried removing the battery and putting it back in. No effect.

A:The ProBook won't go past the HP logo screen. And won't go i...

Hi DaMoNarch91. Any recent updates performed or external devices connected that could cause it to boot to somewhere else? If thatīs not the case, can you try using an USB keyboard and push ESC to get in the menu? Let me know the outcome.

I am an HP employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/The-ProBook-won-t-go-past-the-HP-logo-screen-And-won-t-go/td-p/5772506
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using an HP Pavilion Notebook and recently did a full reset of my Windows 10 OS as my computer was sluggish and not performing properly. After the reset I reinstalled Windows 10 and everything seemed to be working fine again. I reset the notebook, but it will not boot up now. It displays the HP logo with the white spinning wheel, then the screen changes and the HP logo disappears while the white spinning wheel continues to spin, but never progresses through the rest of the boot process.I have done a hard reset and run through the systems tests in the BIOS, neither of which has worked towards resolving the issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-will-not-boot-past-logo-screen/td-p/5775794