Windows Support Forum

Tip: using multiple routers

Q: Tip: using multiple routers

Usually the home user has little need for two or more routers To get more connectivity one only needs to add multiple Tip: routers using a switch hub switch is preferred to the existing router and more slots become available for more systems The typical case for the home user to add a router is expanding a wired LAN and adding wireless connectivity at the same time The issue will be the configurability of both Tip: using multiple routers routers The setup will look like Code modem -- routerA ---- routerB ---b-systems ------ a-systems Which router is existing vs new really doesn t matter other than getting the configuration correct If I had my choice however the B-router would be my new wireless router for security reasons later described A wireless Access Point would also fit nicely in the router-B location CONFIGURATION Both routers will need to be configured likely hardwired at first to one of your systems You will need to access your router s configuration page which is brand-name dependent Netgear D-Link Linksys Belkin Once you ve logged into the router Tip: using multiple routers be sure to set a new admin password TWO Tip: using multiple routers parameters will determine success failure of the configuration the router s ip-address and the subnet mask of course you need the other stuff too but these determine the data flow The typical problem that can arise is the inability to set the subnet mask to a value that will work -- some vendors get parochial and force some assumption that cause problems sorry no I don t have a list Here s what needs to be created Router-A ip-address must be higher numerically than router-B eg X versus Y where X gt Y Secondly the subnet mask for router-A must allow traffic to flow down to router-B A typical subnet mask for home users would be but this would allow traffic ONLY for the router-A where the b X b value was an exact match thus dropping traffic for router-B What we need is a subnet mask more like your X value will then be thru Your vendor may not let you set a value like in the third position or if it does it might get reset when you save the configuration edit If this occurs to you you can try an alternative class-b addresses like X vs Y These addresses require a different subnet mask and the parochial rules need to be dropped -- give it try at least You also might try swapping the devices and trying the steps above again If that doesn t work either you re just SOL -- S out of luck punt and return the last device purchased Each router can still auto config its devices using DHCP Be sure to save the configuration AND restart the router Router-B needs only to meet the rule where X gt Y and may use the typical subnet mask With at least one system hardwired to each router you should now be able to a ping your ISP from all systems b ping from a-system to b-system and conversely when this works correctly the routers are ready for general use and the wireless setup can be configured for channel ssid and wap wep encryption Security Whichever router has the wireless enabled should be considered your untrusted subnet and have the firewalls configured to not allow print file sharing You can implement this on each system s firewall OR use that router s port forwarding feature to protect all system just forward ports to a non-existing system If you really need print file sharing then by all means force your devices to known IP addresses by mapping the MAC addresses of the NIC adaptor and keep a consecutive ip address set for your systems allow print file sharing ONLY for this narrow range of address in your firewalls In this case obviously you can t use the port forwarding trick above In addition your wireless router will have an SSID and allow WAP WEP encryption features You really should implement WAP or at least WEP nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Tip: using multiple routers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Tip: using multiple routers

how to setup wireless router to wireless router
please give me some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tip-using-multiple-routers.67726/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

My landlord has a router, on the 192.168.1.xxx range, ports are forwarded to .1.13(WAN side of my router upstairs), then from there to .2.155 (dumb AP) and THEN to the server .2.31

Yet, I cannot VNC in on 5800 or 5900. I can within the network, not a problem!

Anyone got an idea what's going on here?

A:VNC through multiple routers

hum; cascading routers do create problems when port forwarding is required.

you need each router to port forward to the address of the next router and
the last one forwards to your system for the VNC client.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vnc-through-multiple-routers.105058/
Relevancy 54.61%

i am running a home network that works great with no issues except one my computer cant find the others on my network as well as vise versa we have computers in my house the main one is in the middle with the dsl and the main netgear wireless n router wnr b v the internet goes from the dsl into the net gear router then the computer connects off routers multiple of that via Ethernet now i have my computer and its wired as well since i needed some extra ports i used multiple routers another belkin wireless n router i can access both routers via the internet but it shows only under the netgear router page that the main computer and my router r connected as well as the other comp now since it doesnt show me as one of the connections off of the multiple routers router i cant see the other people in my network is there a way to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know of a router that can have more than 1 DMZ?? It will be for a small business, so the less complicated the better! Thanks! Alan

Relevancy 54.61%

ok well this is going to sound crazy but here we go i have a ubee cable modem router model number u10c037 out of that i'm going to two linksys wrt54g's to split to all the rooms in my house then in two of the rooms i have linksys befsr41's and finaly in one room i have a net gear wgr614v10 now it works sorta but i keep having to reset them every now and again right now i'm useing all of the down stream routers as switches what i'm asking is why do i have to keep resetting the system and what can i do to keep it from happening if anyone can help me in great detail i would be very happy i think its an ip address problem but not sure

A:Multiple routers 6

Starting from the modem;
isp = = modem --->(WAN port)ROUTER#1​then to have ALL systems on one network, daisy chain from R#1 to the next but
ONLY connect (LAN)-->(LAN) between all the others. Router#1 will now control
al DHCP assignments - - even for any WiFi router in the chain.

This requires that ONLY R#1 have an active DHCP, so each of the others need
to be set to disable DHCP.

1) One-by-one, connect Router#x via wire to a system, use your browser to access the
router default address, login using the user/password for that router, and DISABLE DHCP.

2) Many routers come preconfigured for lan address 192.168.x.1 where x is 0,1, or 2

Every network can never have duplicate IP address and if allowed, will case network failures.

As you disable the DHCP, also set a new default LAN address 10.0.x.1
where X is 1,2,3,... N and use a new X for each one you've fixed.
Thus, if ever they are wired R1(lan)--(wan)R2---(wan)R3---(wan)R4)
the addresses would be 10.0.1.1-->10.0.2.1-->10.0.3.1-->10.0.4.1
(but you don't want that for routing table reasons)

3) also change the default password for each router.
If your system login password is abcdefg,
you might set the primary router#1 password to abcdefg#1
router#2 to abcdefg#2 and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-routers-6.177545/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have recently begun to buld my own PCwhich I'm proud of but my question is.
When I have finished it is going to go in my room upstairs.
Would it be possible to attach a router to the new PC upstairs and connect to the other
router(Main) downstairs?

Its just I want to keep speed up and reduce on wiring the routers are wireless.

A:Multiple Routers

It depends on the routers. Most routers only work in infrastructure mode, but some can be configured as a wireless bridge. What are the exact make/models of the routers in question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers.712212/
Relevancy 54.61%

i need some help with my network it just to all work fine but i cant remember how i had it configured before this is what i got in the basement i have a speedtouch x adsl moden router wich is conected by ethernet cable to a sweex lw n multiple routers wireless router on the first floor from there i have an ethernet cable running to the nd floor on the otherside of the multiple routers house to a linksys wrt g wireless router wich hooks up to my pc and xbox and wirelessly to my brothers laptop in the next room i now have the sweex dhcp disabled and the cable coming up pluged directly into my pc this works i can plug my xbox into my other multiple routers port and this also works but it complains about the nat type being stikt i tried forwarding the ports needed on the speedtouch and enabeling the unp in all diferent combos but it made no difference when i hook up the linksys and then plug the pc and xbox into that i cant connect to the internet can anyone please tell me what to do thanks a lot nbsp

A:multiple routers

You have two secondary routers ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers.854585/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

I am trying to connect together two identical Netgear wireless routers (WGT624 v3) to extend my network. This is what I have so far...

A Virgin Media modem connected to Wireless Router 1. Also wired to the router is my Main PC. This router is currently configured to enable wireless access. From this I have installed a cat5 cable to wireless router 2 which is downstairs.

To this router I would like to connect an XBox, a Wii and another PC. All devices will be wired and I'm not bothered about using the router as a wireless access point.

I have disabled DHCP on the second router and switched off wireless access. I've also given router 2 an ip address of 192.168.1.2 still no joy - can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I've got a bit of an intermediate setup which probably isn't going to be long-term but I can't think of a logical reason why it shouldn't work so I'd like to solve it after all how do you learn about things if you don't give it a go - I have combined DSL modem amp wireless router providing internet access quot wirelessly quot to multiple PCs at home I also have a wired router connected to our main PC also connected to a NAS HD which I use to back-up music and photos- this wired routers Conflict multiple between router has no other connection inc internet For info the NAS HD used to be connected to the wireless router but the bandwidth wasn't high enough to support the large volume of data when I was backing up particularly when our laptop was being used to go online So in summary- the subject PC is connected by wires to a NAS HD via a wired router but accesses the internet via a wireless router modem My problem is that there seems to be a conflict between the arrangements- I'm a novice when it comes to setting up networks so I may well have missed something obvious I have ensured the routers have different IPs wireless and wired but other than that are left with basic automatic settings There was a short time when all seemed to be working in harmony but shortly afterwards only one set of network connections Conflict between multiple routers will work at a time Conflict between multiple routers i e disable the wired network adapter and the wireless connection to the internet works fine disable the wireless adapter and the wired connection to the NAS works fine I've plugged all known IPs into my software firewall and even disabled the firewall and it has no effect I've seen in other places there are some system states that can help diagnose so I've included them below- from them I notice that quot tunnel adapter local area connections quot seem to share the same physical address The IPv DUIDs for both network adapters are the same Could they be what's causing the problem here Cheers Mark ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - E- E-D -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connection Physical Address - D- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac d a e ccfe a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap stuff Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes route print Interface List e e d f Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card d d Intel R V- Network Connection Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e isatap stuff IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link O... Read more

A:Conflict between multiple routers

Sorry for the zombie post, but I was running into the same issue and this thread was the only thing I could find that was similar to the issue I was experiencing with duplicate DUIDs. I just wanted to post a solution here so other people could discover the fix via google as I hoped to.

In my case, I obtained duplicate DUIDs from imaging a Windows 7 machine on Altiris and applying that image to another computer. If you used any back-up system to quickly get two machines up and running (Ghost, Altiris, LANDesk), there is a chance that the registry values that cause this issue were merely copied.

After doing some searches through the registry, I found the following values:

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Dhcpv6DUID
HKLM\System\ControlSet002\services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Dhcpv6DUID

Those strings should contain that computer's DUID. Change the DUID so it matches the correct hardware address. Once you have changed the strings, restart. It should then give the new DUID you assigned it. Hopefully, this works for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280833-conflict-between-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone here is my idea I would like to connect routers to switch hub where server computer and client computers will connect to the switch hub ROUTER A ROUTER B ROUTER C GATEWAY ROUTER ROUTER DHCP enabled DHCP disabled DHCP disabled Help! multiple routers... Connecting SERVER COMPUTER PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - Connecting multiple routers... Help! SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - All of this will connect to the switch hub I hope it is not confusing cause I m a bit confused myself I need help on whether this setup will work I want the server computer to see all computers and will be able to access them I am also confused about the DNS server address what should I address to each router In case you were wondering why didn t I get a fat pipe and connect all the computers to it instead I took pipes and grouped the computers into routers Hmmm well I guess it looks fun to do it I would like to here from you guys gals before I even start this project I am open for questions suggestions and even criticisms Thanks in advance guys I am looking forward for your feedback nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

wire - HG-E modem wire com index php p - Belkin FSD - Wireless N Routers tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Ok what I have is a resturant who has ATT dsl with a wire modem don t care about the wireless apart to far to be effective would like to disable it They would like to have wireless internet for their customers in the dining room so i ran a cat e line from Multiple Wireless Routers the modem to the first Belkin router and everything works fine Its an open connection so anyone can come in and connect with their laptop From there i ran from port one jack to another Belkin router also in the ceiling for the owner She wants this one to be secure so no one can access her files Multiple Wireless Routers or laptop I put this one as quot access point quot and secured it with a bit wep key Now for some reason as an acces point i can connect with my laptop using the network key i m using xp but we can not get her laptop vista to connect It sees the signal when you quot veiw availble wireless connections quot but it won t Multiple Wireless Routers connect Strange thing is when i use that router as a regular router instead of an access point we can all see it as available but no one can connect not even me This lady is very nervous about her signal and wants her part to be secure she even had me hook up her all in one to the secured router so she could print fax wirelessly over her secured router Any ideas why i can connect to the secured quot access point quot with my laptop but we can t connect with hers nbsp

A:Multiple Wireless Routers

Disable the wireless part of the 2wire and have it just act as a DHCP server through it's switch (I assume it is also a switch). Connect the belkin routers to your switch (2wire) with a cat5 cable. Set both belkin routers as access points with different ip's (you might have to do one at a time if they share the same ip) and have them use the same SSID and different channels. I know this works with two routers of the same type/brand.. not sure if it will work with your setup.. As far as people accessing your laptop files all you have to do is turn file and print sharing off on that particular pc/laptop and will not even show up when you browse the network.. If you need to have file sharing on you could set the appropriate permissions when you share a drive/folder so that only certain people (your boss) can access it as well as require a password for access. This way anybody can connect to the wifi without a password and no one can access your laptop. There is no way to gain access of her laptop if file sharing is turned off, not only that if if it is XP or later it will have a firewall built in to prevent exactly that.

Edit: You might not even need the second belkin if your laptop is within range of the first belkin and if that's the case you might just be able to use the 2wire. I dont know the distances you are dealing with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-wireless-routers.113805/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am currently running an all wired ethernet network here in my home The cable comes into my house in the basement At this location sits the cable modem and Multiple routers same on network? my firewall router a D-Link DI- I want to add wireless to my home and have been considering getting a g connection I would like the router access point upstairs on my main floor To me the logical device to buy is an access point that is wired into my current ethernet network However all the access points AP I have seen have been more costly than a wireless router If I purchase a new wireless router can I plug it into my wired network upstairs which ultimately is plugged into my DI- downstairs If this is possible I d assume that these act as two individual Multiple routers on same network? networks Is this true Multiple routers on same network? I want to be able to share a printer and shared folders on my Windows boxes If they are indeed two networks how can my wired PCs see my wireless PCs inside the other network Can I turn Multiple routers on same network? off the firewall features of the wireless network Could anyone offer advice Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I ve got a bit of an intermediate setup which probably isn t going to be long-term but I can t think of a logical reason why it shouldn t work so I between multiple routers Conflict d like to solve it after all how do you learn about things if you don t give it a go I have combined DSL modem amp wireless router providing internet access quot wirelessly quot to multiple PCs at home I also have a wired router connected to our main PC also connected to a NAS HD which I use to back-up music and photos- this wired router has no other connection inc internet For info the NAS HD used to be connected to the wireless router but the bandwidth wasn t high enough to support the large volume of data when I was backing Conflict between multiple routers up particularly when our laptop was being used to go online So in summary- the subject PC is connected by wires to a NAS HD via a wired router but accesses the internet via a wireless router modem My problem is that there seems to be a conflict between the arrangements- I m a novice when it comes to setting up networks so I may well have missed something obvious I have ensured Conflict between multiple routers the routers have different IPs wireless and wired but other than that are left with basic automatic settings There was a short time when all seemed to be working in harmony but shortly afterwards only one set of network connections will work at a time i e disable the wired network adapter and the wireless connection to the internet works fine disable the wireless adapter and the wired connection to the NAS works fine I ve plugged all known IPs into my software firewall and even disabled the firewall and it has no effect I ve seen in other places there are some system states that can help diagnose so I ve included them below- from them I notice that quot tunnel adapter local area connections quot seem to share the same physical address The IPv DUIDs for both network adapters are Conflict between multiple routers the same Could they be what s causing the problem here Cheers Mark ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - E- E-D -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connection Physical Address - D- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac d a e ccfe a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-AC- D- - - D- - - - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap stuff Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes route print Interface List e e d f Ralink RT Turbo Wireless LAN Card d d Intel R V- Network Connection Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e isatap stuff IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface ... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post !
I was actually looking forward to setup multiple routers at our college(I know its quite late) where we have quite a good network of ethernet cables. Also, almost every cluster/lab has its own switch and we use static IPs with proxy to one network address(192.168.130.2). The user should be able to travel across multiple ROUTER/AP zones without changing connections.
I am sorry if I ask too much but after searching for several hours, all I got was I have to do something with MAC cloning and SSIDs.
Thanks,
Shalabh

<Email removed by moderator - ETAF>

Relevancy 53.32%

I am in the process of planning multiple wireless routers for my church complex. My question is "not" how to setup up multiple wireless routers. I want to know before I start can I place a properly configured multiple wirelesss router on a on/off switch to shut off the AC power. I only want some of routers to be be used for special occasions and mostly be turn off.

I will not be there when they are needed so all I want is someone to do is turn on the power by flipping a switch. And the unprotected wireless signal would be available. When finished for the sure period it will agin be shut off. Will the wireless router maintain the correct configuration.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have what I consider a very basic understanding of networking I work for an IT solutions provider and a restaurant chain which we support needs to fix a PCI compliance issue The network at the location was put in place a year ago with little documentation My goal is to move a DVR device for CCTV system away from the PoS machine because the DVR requires a port open which is not good for PCI compliance if both are behind same router I apologize for ignorance or lack of any details you might need to help me if there s some info I need to dig up I d be happy + to How modem routers multiple use bridged to find it I m in a rough spot trying to fix this This is how they are set up They How to use bridged modem + multiple routers have a bridged modem which is the first thing that the DSL line comes into My impression is that the proper way to use multiple routers with a bridged modem is to have a quot main router quot which will be the director if you will All the other routers should then plug into that main router as opposed to having multiple routers plugged into a bridged modem I ve confirmed that for whatever reason TWO Linksys Firewall Routers are plugged into this bridged modem which is a Netopia Again I apologize but I don t have the model numbers This brings me to my first couple of questions If two routers are plugged into the same bridged modem how would they behave Wouldn t they be fighting for control to be the quot main router quot Is it possible to set up two routers to connect to the same modem if some advanced configuration is made I actually would like to AVOID using a main router with the other routers connected to that if possible One of the routers has desktop PC and a Point of Sale system connected to it Router A if you will the other has some IP phones connected to it Router B Router B always times out when I try to access the console and I ve been told that in order to fix that I need to reset the router The problem is I can t afford to lose all those settings because I don t know how the company who installed IP phones configured that one The reason I mention this is to further stress that I don t want to have to reconfigure the existing routers However even though it times out when I try to access console it will assign me an IP properly I don t know what that really means I made sure to double check the gateway IP for that router is correctly typed into web browser At the moment the routers seem to be somehow working fine even though they are both plugged into a single bridged modem What I would like to do is add a third router that will only have the DVR device plugged into it My guess is that since Router B does have connectivity it gives me an IP and I can connect to internet when plugged into it I should set up this third router Router C plugged into router B and go ahead to configure Router C however is necessary for the DVR to function correct Give Router C a different gateway than the others forward the port that the DVR needs etc Is this a viable solution Some of my concern is that I m getting mixed messages from AT amp T technicians I have talked to Supposedly when there are routers connected to a bridge at least one of them need to have the PPPoE Username Password johndoe att net entered on it In a situation like this does router A and B BOTH need to have PPPoE user pass entered What about Router C Since router C is plugged into router B does that eliminate the need to enter PPPoE info Is it possible to only use the routers in static mode as opposed to PPPoE with user pass For example I just enter the primary and secondary DNS which the ISP uses give all the devices a WAN IP using the block of fixed IPs the ISP gives us Will that eliminate the need to use PPPoE mode with user pass And finally my last question would be In getting this DVR set up on Router C should I just go ahead to connect it to Router B and try using Router C in static mode with all the right numbers or go ahead to use the... Read more

A:How to use bridged modem + multiple routers

One thing I noticed from reading your post was that the problem you are trying to solve (not having the port opened to the DVR on the same network as the PoS) would not be solved by placing router C behind router B. You would still have to open the port on router B to allow it to pass to router C. Wouldn't this be the same as opening the port in router B to allow it to pass to the DVR (if the DVR was connected to router B)?

As far as the issues with AT&T, you can only program the IP addresses that they assign to you in the routers. They should be able to tell you how many IP addresses are assigned to your customer. If you have a router behind another router, only the one connected to the modem would have an IP address from the ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-bridged-modem-multiple-routers.161057/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello to all. I think this may be a general network question, but as I use Vista...

So... I have this network with a switch and two routers. The routers are connected to the switch. I connect a laptop directly to router B (i.e. not to the switch), because router A is meant to be used by other PCs. The network activity icon shows that it's connected to the network from router B, but when I run "ipconfig" in the command prompt, it shows the default gateway etc. from router A!! More specifically, it should show 192.168.1.254, but it shows 192.168.1.1. How can this be??

Thanks in advance.

A:False gateway with multiple routers?

The router gateway in virtually all routers has the last number in the IP address set to 1. Have you modified the settings in router B somehow so that the gateway is 254?

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/276922-false-gateway-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I hate to ask what is probably a simple question but after days of forum searching and hours upon hours of tweaking I still can t make this work I config multiple routers/gateway have a Dlink di- gatway with an ip Netgear WGT Wireless router ip Linksys WRK Wireless router ip Currently I am only using the Netgear wireless router set up with a static IP address from my ISP using one of the LAN ports for a Dell server which is for storage and set up for FTP use so I multiple routers/gateway config can remotley upload download files I am wanting to use the Dlink as a gatway connecting the Netgear server for business use and connecting the Linksys for a guest wireless access point so clients can access the internet without seeing the Netgear server Cable Modem Dlink---------------------- Netgear Linksys Server You name it I ve tried it and I can t get it to work The last thing I tried was setting up the Dlink with all of the correct static ip info which worked because I can access the internet I then turned off the DHCP on the Netgear and tried to change the LAN from to the ip range the DLink gave me was from - but it didn t work I can t even log back into the admin page of the Netgear using the -I have to reset it and start over I ve tried connecting LAN to WAN LAN to LAN nothing Haven t even attempted the Linksys because I can t even get the Netgear to work lol Thanks in advance for any help I truly appreciate it nbsp

A:multiple routers/gateway config

First off, you would have the guest computers connect to the router connected directly to the Internet feed, and the secure connections on a router daisy-chained off the primary router. This protects the secure connections using the NAT layer of the secondary router. I have no idea what you plan on doing with the 3rd router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-gateway-config.799117/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey,

So my dilemma is this. I have a large facility and want to use my already existing wireless routers as access points. I have a 2 Linksys WRT54Gs ethernet connected to a DSL router. The router IP addresses are as follows:

192.168.1.1 - main DSL router
192.168.1.2 - 1st WRT54G
192.168.1.3 - 2nd WRT54G

I also have them all set to the same SSID (which I want) and automatic channel selection. My problem that I'm experiencing is that my iPads and iPod touches keep dropping connection on me. They'll drop or sometimes have a very slow connection and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it! I have a reliable 7mbps DSL connection and that's more then plenty for me. I'd like to tear all my devices back to factory reset and program them again, the right way this time.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks.

A:Multiple Routers as Access Points - HELP!

I won't try to tell you what you should do, but I'll mention some possible causes of the symptoms.

When a wireless router (or wireless access point) is allowed automatic channel selection it often gets carried away with all the freedom and responsibility. There is a good chance that some or all are frequently changing channels or checking to see if a better one exists and can't be bothered with giving 100% attention to its clients. In case its not obvious, when the access point changes channels there is at least a brief disconnect until the client connects to the new channel.

When Windows has the opportunity to connect to multiple networks with the same SSID it will choose one at random (not necessarily the strongest) and sometimes randomly decide to disconnect and then connect to a different one (not necessarily a stronger one). iOS likely works similarly.

Some hints: if you want fairly reliable connections use different SSIDS, make your own choice of channel assignments, and either assign each device to use only one of those, or if iOS gives you a way to prioritize connections do so with care.

If you want good roaming and good connections relinquish the requirement for using independent WAPs or routers and open your wallet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-as-access-points-help.1097856/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys I recently started working for a company that lost their IT person and until they find someone much more qualified than Networks Routers and Multiple Clashing I I have agreed to help where I can I am the most tech-savvy individual working here and that is Multiple Routers and Networks Clashing really really sad Currently I am having an issue with three Linksys routers Multiple Routers and Networks Clashing They are being used as access points to distribute a WiFi network spanning the entire store The routers all broadcast the same SSID and have an IP address of xxx I can connect to these routers but am unable to access the internet There are other routers of different makes and models broadcasting their own SSIDs but also use the xxx scheme Only ONE router using the xxx address has Internet connectivity The former IT employee has no desire to share information or be contacted I am trying to figure out what they were trying to do and how to fix it Any ideas or advice to point me in the right direction would be insanely appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-and-networks-clashing.1159110/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey All,

I have a question regarding extending my wireless network throughout my building.

I have on hand three Linksys WRT54GL wireless routers and am wanting to use all three to expand the coverage area of my signal.

What I am thinking is, using the latest firmware from Linksys, hard wiring the cable modem to the main router and then configuring each of the other two routers with a different IP, placing them a distance in either direction from the main central router. It sounds logical on paper, but can it be done?

If so, can anyone walk me through the process, or at least direct me to a link where this process is explained in detail?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 53.32%

Techrepublic has a nice description of supernets a means to add network devices without the necessity of usage multiple of supernets; routers extra ROUTE ADD configurations which does supernets; usage of multiple routers not work in XP Home From Techrepublic Why would I want to use supernetting ISPs frequently use supernetting to allocate IP addresses most effectively There may be scenarios where you have many LANS WLANs or VLANs that might be optimally suited for supernetting to best administer your network needs Keep in mind that supernetting introduces complexity to network administration that needs thorough planning testing documentation and administrator competence Most new routing equipment and current operating systems support CIDR in their implementation of the TCP IP protocol However before a supernetting implementation it is critical to ensure that all components supernets; usage of multiple routers of your network are supernetting-aware This includes operating systems network services routers routing protocols RIP for example does not support CIDR and any network-based services used on your network While the usual devices are sufficient for most of us the assumption is there s only one router Adding multiple routers is wasteful UNLESS there s a specific need such as adding wireless support to a wired network another alternative is an Access Point The advantage of a second router is grouping devices and controlling access via firewall rules eg You would very much like to protect your wireless subnet a b d in this example so as to exclude all uninvited systems allow all on subnet a b c lt lt your wired subnet allow only a b d lt lt your wireless laptop deny all a b d lt lt your wireless subnet the ordering is significant in the rules and ensure that only the system at a b d will be allowed access to the system which has these firewall rules But getting the discrete IP addresses to flow is a prerequisite to this kind of control The secret is the subnet mask see article details here nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supernets-usage-of-multiple-routers.69670/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have two Netgear routers (N150 and DG834) and want to set them up so that in my office (external to the house) I have wired internet connection and in the house wireless, the office is too far away to run the wireless for the house there. The router in the office is connected to the ADSL line with the router in the house connected to it via a network cable.

I have disabled wireless on the office router however when i try to run both routers together I get an IP Address Conflict, I know I need to change the IP address so that they don't conflict but when I have tried this it hasn't worked and I have had to reset the router to the able to access it.

Any advice and / or solutions would be gratefully received.

A:Network Multiple Routers - IP Conflict

If you are cascading the routers (LAN port of first connected to WAN port of second) they have to use different LAN subnets. Since they both probably default to 192.168.1.x change one of them; for example, to 192.168.3.x).

If you want the office and house devices to all be on the same local network connect/configure as follows.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-multiple-routers-ip-conflict.984628/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK so right now we are running a Comcast Gateway with a Netgear router attached to that Right now we are able to access everything we need to wireless internet works can access the server can questions, routers multiple Networking access the server remotely but there are a few problems Let me preface by saying I m sure things are hooked up how they are Networking questions, multiple routers supposed to be hooked up Here is how things are setup configured Cable connection running to the Comcast SMC gateway this box has pc s hardwired into it and the router The Comcast box has DHCP enabled The Router is obtaining a static IP from the Comcast gateway and has its connection running from the WAN port to an open port on the router We have pc and an office printer hardwired into Networking questions, multiple routers the router and several laptops running off of the wireless DHCP is also enabled on the router The problems were having are probably obvious to the people here but some of our machines are getting assigned IP s while the router is assigning IP s I ve tried to disable DHCP on the router and then we are not able to connect anything wireless or the computer hard wired into the router We ve tried disabling DHCP on the Comcast gateway and run into a similar problem with losing connectivity on the computers plugged into the router Ideally what should we be doing here I d really just like to use the Comcast gateway as a means to the internet only and run all of our PC s and wireless through the router how would I go about doing this Also we ran into another problem today with the Remote Desktop we are able to remote in to one of the servers in the office just fine but we tried to set up an additional computer to accept a remote and what I did was change the listening port to and then port forwarded to that PC from the Comcast Gateway this computer is plugged directly into the gateway I am able to connect to the remote desktop using the PC s local IP but can not connect from the outside and when I test the port it says port is closed and not listening when I try to remote in I use IP Address as I should but it just times out and the port comes up closed when I check it via the web Is there anything additional I need to do on the PC to ensure it is listening or is this completely controlled via the gateway Any feedback would be appreciated we are just trying to get everything hooked up as seamless as possible here Thank you for reading nbsp

A:Networking questions, multiple routers

To have everything on the same LAN keep the Comcast modem/router as is but use the Netgear as only ethernet switch and, optionally, wireless access point per the following procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-questions-multiple-routers.998471/
Relevancy 53.32%

I Multiple and port forwarding routers am trying to access home security camera from outslide my house I have an AT amp T internet coming into the house They have a router that comes into the house and that splits off to another router in my house which carriers CAT all over the house One of the wires go Multiple routers and port forwarding to another router that I use for my wireless devices One of those wireless devices is an security camera Here is my question I want to view the camera from the internet outside the house I have followed the instructions given by the manufacture for port forwarding I have port forwarded the wireless router since the camera is connected to it Is that wrong since the DSL is coming in one router and then going to another and then to the wireless I guess I am just trying to find out what is right way to make this work since the way I am doing things now does not seem to be working nbsp

A:Multiple routers and port forwarding

Are you sure the second one is a router and not a switch? What is the need for so many damn routers?

Once you port forward from the router with the security camera try and access it on your LAN behind the second router. You will have to set up port forwarding on all routers that are gateway devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-and-port-forwarding.1006099/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I have several computers behinds a Connecting outside behind to computers multiple the routers from Linksys router I would like to access each computer through the outside by adding another name as a network prefix Let s say each computer would be designated as Mouse Cat and Dog Take SSH for example I would want to SSH into one computer using port by means of ssh email protected and the other by ssh email protected I know I could just use different ports for Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside ssh and have them be forwarded to the different computers with the router and achieve the same effect but I was wondering how I would Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside do it this other way How would this setup work Does it use a DNS server I know I can access different machines on my school this way but I was curious on how this is actually implemented and if I could do it on my home network You don t have to give me specific details just a general direction into what I can research Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Guyz I am having some real issue right now, after introducing a new Wireless Router for the conference the current network suddenly gone bad (Internet running slow, and won't work in some case - but if I disconnect/unplug the new Wireless Router everything is back in business)

Here is my network infrastructure.

The weird things is I got very good signal from New Wireless Router and able to ping most sites but having problem with browser won't loading the page. Also old network tense to lose it connectivity sometime able to use the net and some other time it won't and like I had mention before if I disconnect the new Wireless Router everything back to normal. The real question is, what did I do wrong please help me

A:Network trouble with multiple Routers

With that topology (wiring), I would make sure both wireless routers were
at the opposing ends of the channels; one on channel-1, the other on channel-11.

Set different SSIDs

Make sure ALL routers have the latest firmware
and ALL systems do too. It often makes a difference.

How many systems are on the downlink side of the HUB? You might find
better thruput and more reliability by using a switch.

Hey! Just noticed that the new wireless is attached to the modem-- what gives,
Don't tell me one is via rj45 and the other is USB; this doesn't work!
Move # 2 router to a lan port on router #1,
wireless#1(lan) --->wireless#2(lan) not the WAN!
make it an Access Point and disable DHCP on #2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-trouble-with-multiple-routers.73679/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm trying to set up a wireless workgroup at home and am wondering if I'm doing it right so far. Here's how I have it configured so far....maybe someone can tell me if I'm on the right track:

1. 1 DSL modem/4 port switch/wireless capable(IP 192.168.1.1)(DHCP with range from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.100) with a hardwire from one of the ports to the Internet/Uplink port on a linksys 4 port/wireless router(IP 192.168.1.2)

2. First router on channel 1, second on channel 6

3. Both have the same SSID

4. Both are WEP enabled with the same key

That's all I can remember for now. I'm trying to have seamless crossover when moving away from one router and getting closer to the other. Also, will I need to configure anything on the routers to have File and Printer Sharing work? I have read that NetBIOS has some issues with using multiple wireless routers.

A:Configuring multiple wireless routers

I'd make them different SSID's. You can put both of them in the list of preferred connections. That's how I run my routers, but I use WPA here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-multiple-wireless-routers.496862/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Would like some advice idiots guide if possible to setup the following I would like to have two separate networks running at home XX and XX Subnet home routers help and Multiple which are completely separate from each other bar the ability for both to have access to my ADSL internet connection I would like one network to act as a Dev network where I might plug client machines into etc and one as my main network So effectively I will have one network which is my main home network running on X which all my home machines etc run on and have access to my main router or gateway to the internet Gateway IP is and I will also have a seperate Dev network running on X which I can plug any PC laptop etc that I am working on into which won t have network access to the other X network for security purposes but will Multiple home routers and Subnet help have access to my ADSL gateway so they get internet access like the other network Is this possible And if so would someone please be able to give me a walkthrough on how to setup it up Current hardware is Main gateway router Netgear DG N on IP Wifi access point Netgear WNR on IP Spare unused router to work on the Dev network Draytek Vigor IP to be Multiple home routers and Subnet help confirmed Is it possible to do the above with my existing hardware Multiple home routers and Subnet help I e not have to go out and purchase some expensive equipment Many many many thanks to any kind soul that is able to help nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so here is the issue that I ran into multiple routers with wired/wireless Homegroup and In my home I originally had just a wireless belkin router connected to my comcast modem which was an access point for wireless computers and one wired computer in my office I have just recently started using windows on all my computers here and I wanted to set up a homegroup so that I can share music and movies throughout the house from one computer in my office Now the issue is that I added a second computer to my office to use as the storage for all my media but to do that I needed to add another router which is not wireless I have the second router running off of the wireless router to add more connections in my office and not have a bunch of wires running through the house The problem now is that when I create a homegroup from the computer connected through the second router it cannot see any of the wireless computers that connect through the first wireless router and vice versa Is there a solution for this problem or am I stuck with having to run all wired and wireless connections from one router Please help as I am stuck here and I want to move forward with my HTPC project without having all the external drives cluttering the downstairs living room as I am expecting a child in a few months and want as few things as Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers possible in reach of those little hands Thank you in advance Dragonschild

A:Homegroup with wired/wireless and multiple routers

Can the computer connected to the second router get to the internet? Can you describe how you have the 2 routers wired together?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72912-homegroup-wired-wireless-multiple-routers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am probably making this more compicated than it is, but here goes:
(picture with 1000 words) Here is what I am trying to accomplish, but I am abit confused by all the various settings, WAN, LAN, Subnet, etc...

Any help / guidance would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Network Setup w/Multiple routers

You can either configure the Netopia 2210N into bridge mode and use the WRT54G as a standard router connected to the WAN port of the Linksys, or configure the WRT54G as a WAP.

In any case, you'll want to configure the Linksys BEFW11s4 as a WAP using the following configuration. This applies to the WRT54G as well if you decide not to bridge the Netopia.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-setup-w-multiple-routers.866917/
Relevancy 52.46%

OK I am setting up some cameras and want to make sure I am going about it correctly Here is the layout Cable MODEM ------------------linksys ports forwarded to linksys IP amp SFE P- IP --------------- linksys ports forwarded to SFE P IP linksys SFE P ports forwarded to camera IP s Linksys SFE P needed ports forwarded to camera IP s The IP s of linksys amp are widely know from the factory so I had no trouble accessing the setup pages and doing the port forwarding but the SFE P is set to a dynamic IP from the factory How can I find that address port and routers multiple switches forwarding with so I can access the setup pages to finish the port forwarding Should I connect my laptop to the SFE P and just have the linksys and the modem connected and run a network scanner Like I said I think I have this port forwarding with multiple routers and switches correct but just want to make sure Thanks for any help James Bond Universal Exports nbsp

A:port forwarding with multiple routers and switches

Any router in front of the first one should be configured as a switch, plug only into the LAN ports and turn off DHCP, otherwise you are just asking for headaches. Then do all your port forwarding from the router directly in front of the cable modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-with-multiple-routers-and-switches.957058/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I'm very new to networking so please forgive my lack of understanding!

Recently moved into a mates house, the router for the Internet is a Netgear Super G and manages to transmit a pretty good signal to most of the house - apart from my room at the other side of the house.

Now, I also have the same router (Netgear Super G) and was wondering if it was possible to use this to boost/spread the signal to reach my room?
The router has one modem input and 4 Ethanet cable sockets...

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James

A:Using multiple routers to boost/spread a signal

I don't consider networking my strongest point.

But I'm pretty certain you can't if anything they would probably knock each others signal out (if they're on the same channel).

There are signal boosters you can buy but they're not very good either, if you want some extra speed out of your wireless I would advice getting a "N" router, it's one up from Super G but you need an "N" adapter for your computer as well.

Hope this answered your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-multiple-routers-to-boost-spread-a-signal.106320/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have 3 computers in our home network. My computer is in our bedroom with Vista OS which is connected to a USRobotic router that connects to the cable modem. From the USrobotics router there is another network cable that runs down to the basement to a lynksys switch, where a computer with XP Pro is attached(hopping to change it to Linux OS and make it a server) from that switch another cable runs to the garage to a lynksys router that runs a cable to a spare bedroom connecting compact machine with XP home edtion, that has a printer, copier connected to it.
I would like to access that printer from the other 2 computers.
How do I configure the routers to do this? and maybe the switch too.
Thank
Ron

Relevancy 52.46%

I know that you can stack linksys routers on top of eachother and have them all set to recive a IP address from the main one. But is this possible with wireless routers? I have 2 linksys wireless routers and i want my setup to be so that both can be wireless at the same time. At opposit ends of the house this should give my fairly large house a strong signal all around. But how would i do this with wireless? Would problems occur like setting the same SSID for each seperate router? Would this create 2 seperate SSID's to connect to?

The reason why is because instead of spending the money for a range extender, or higher gain antennas. I could use this extra unused router.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have an existing network with Verizon FiOS that has the router built in to the modem We have computers hooked to that network wired wireless I have a server machine that I am using to practice for my MS certification exams I have Windows Server installed It is an Active Directory domain controller with DNS and DHCP multiple routers, clients 1 with 2 server, Network I also have an old laptop with XP Pro Neither of these are on our existing network My goal Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients is to connect these machines to another router with wireless capabilities turned off and then connect this router to the existing one to provide internet access to the new machines I want the server to operate as DNS and Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients DHCP I do not want the router s to do it So the existing router FiOS has an IP of and it gives IP s to the machines connected to it This is fine but when I connect the server and XP machines to the new router I want the server to give out IP addresses not the router I also want to be able to join the XP machine to the AD Domain on the server so I can start playing with RIS and assigning permissions and all the other stuff I Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients need to learn for my exams Existing router Actiontec MI -WR New router Netgear WGR v All computers are XP Pro except for the server and one Windows Ultimate laptop Does anyone know how to do this and make everything work correctly I hope I ve given enough information Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

You can have domain running in the home with the equipment you have posted above. I did that here myself. You need Windows client OS that supports domain. Pro series does. Server 2003 has NAT feature and can be your router using additional network card. One Card would be labeled WAN and the other would be called LAN. This can be connected to a 5/8/16/24/48-port switch or even add AP to the mix. So it would be modem to Server to external switch. Having the Server with DNS, DHCP and Active Directory active plus the NAT works great. Take some time to get it all working though. For extra SPI hardware firewall I had use one of those belkin wireless turned off wi-fi, DHCP then connected the server LAN to Belkin then back to the switch. This is optional don't have to do this just saying that's how I did it.

Or

Use a wireless router connect only server to and use external switch from the router to your other network devices. This is another way to do with on domain. Doing this way you don't need to install another Nic card in the server box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-with-2-routers-1-server-multiple-clients.145914/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there! I am new to the board and hoping someone can help me.

I belong to an Online Record Pool, and go to the website to download music often (yes it is a legal thing and I do pay money for it).

Before setting up the router on my system, i was always able to start and download up to 10 files at one time. Now, I have a cable router here and I can only seem to get 2 downloads going simultaneously.

Does anyone know how I can get myself back to where I was? I am using a Linksys BEFSR81 ver. 2 Cable Router. Linksys suggested playing with the MTU settings, but this does not seem to change how may downloads I can peform at one time.

Thank you for the help!

A:[SOLVED] Cable Routers and Multiple Downloads

Increase Internet Download Connections

Increase Simultaneous Internet Download Connections
Increases the number of allowed simultaneous connections to ten (10).
[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Setting for Value Data: [0000000a]
Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Setting for Value Data: [0000000a]
Exit Registry and Reboot
remember backup your registry before trying this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cable-routers-and-multiple-downloads.122099/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been using the Belkin wireless G router for various wireless networks I've setup due to it having a very useful feature: multiple security passwords.

One password gives full LAN access to wireless connected computers.

The other password, the "guest" password, allows wireless access to the Internet only. This functionality would have solved this user's issue perfectly.

Anywho, does anyone know of any other brand of wireless router that offers this kind of functionality? I'm no longer interested in Belkin products, due to an absolutely horrendous support issue I had with them, so I'm looking for another wireless router brand to start using.

Thanks!

Peace...

A:Solved: Looking for wireless routers with multiple security passwords

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-looking-for-wireless-routers-with-multiple-security-passwords.653287/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys First of all let me introduce myself as I am new to the forums My name is Max Paine question: one in Baffling networking routers network Multiple and I work as a network technician for a local car wash chain Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network I ve finally reached a point in my life where I ve come across a problem I cannot solve and need help with The car wash I work for has multiple internet devices The main internet signal comes from a Verizon DSL Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network router with a static IP Now I had a Linksys E running in DHCP mode attached to the primary router and it was working fine I also had a ethernet cable running up to the office on the other side of the building from the E to another E Linksys and it was serving the other side of the building They were all working just dandy until the other day when the E started losing connection and gave every internet page I tried to go to on my front office computers a DNS error Now the E is not working either and doing the same thing I ve tried calling Linksys Verizon everyone to no avail I ve tried DHCP mode and Static IP mode on all routers but nothing comes of it Basically what I m asking is how can I cascade these routers to basically chain them together and let them all have internet access Thanks nbsp

A:Baffling networking question: Multiple routers in one network

When you daisy chain routers they should have different LAN subnets. I say "should" instead of "must" because in some cases you can get away with having them the same, at least for a short while.

The Linksys routers probably both default to 192.168.1.x, so one should be changed (e.g., to 192.168.3.x). And make sure that the Verizon DSL router and Linksys E1200 are using different LAN subnets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/baffling-networking-question-multiple-routers-in-one-network.1054441/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've read other topics about it here, but my situation is somewhat unique.

1) I can successfully ping websites from the command line (PC)/Network utility (Mac), but can't open any pages in internet browsers. This applies to all devices/OS/browsers (Win 8, OSX, iOS, Android) as well as apps and software that requires Internet access in the household.

2) The incoming e-mails (in Mac mail app) go through.

3) I have 2 routers ? AirPort Time Capsule and the standard router from ISP. I tried them both, same zero result (ping - yes, browsing - no).

ISP hesitates to send help, they don't see any issues on their side of the line yet.

Not posting any logs since it's a multiple devices/routers situation.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-access-to-websites-able-to-ping-multiple-devices-routers.1157473/
Relevancy 52.03%

I work at a small school where all teachers take on ancillary roles and mine is as the lead tech teacher which mostly involves providing support and training for applications and instructional technology Our school has multiple buildings constructed of concrete creating or campus? for wireless routers a repeaters multiple block wood and stucco most of which only contain classrooms each All rooms are wired for internet access I have been using a wireless router in my room for several years so that I can do presentations from my laptop with a projector in the middle of the room We now have several laptops and have received funds to make the entire campus wireless I ve been asked to handle this My question is should I put in several routers or just one with a series of repeaters The wireless connection would be strictly for internet access not for creating a network of connected drives printers etc Currently only the computers in the computer lab multiple routers or repeaters for creating a wireless campus? are networked together though we do occasionally have a problem with one teachers documents appearing in another teacher s printer I suspect this is because the printers all have the same name nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

My house has DSL net running first through a 20-port switch with internet jacks running all through the house. Plugged into one of the wall jacks is a Linksys wireless router. Printer and file sharing works between all computers connected to the main router, but I haven't been able to use any laptops wirelessly connected to the net for networked printing or filesharing. Is this possible?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys awesome site and thanks for the help in advance I have kind of a strange situation with my wireless I have a modem and wireless router on my top floor and I am trying to get internet connection multiple Problem... Wireless sharing routers possible? or Internet access to my xbox without buying Wireless Problem... Internet connection sharing or multiple routers possible? the wireless adapter if at all possible Two things I want to know about Internet Connection Sharing and multiple routers I am not sure if the multiple routers is a possibility but I know Internet Connection Sharing used to work and no longer does now So Internet- gt Modem- gt Wireless Router- gt Laptop Vista I have a laptop connected to my wireless and plug it into the xbox with a network cable When I first got it this worked perfectly after I simply enabled Sharing in the connection settings After I reset the modem and router for some other stuff it stopped working ICS is still enabled in settings and my xbox fails finding an IP address for some reason I tried the settings on automatic and it does not work The xbox has an option to input custom settings like IP subnet mask gateway DNS and MAC stuff What could be stopping the ICS from working like it did before What settings should I input and what steps should I go through I have an extra old wireless router laying around Can you connect a wireless router to the internet through wireless internet Or can I share the connection from laptop- gt nd router- gt xbox ICS sounds like the easiest option because it used to work with the same setup I have now and doesn t require a bunch of extras Thanks a lot It was a stretch buying an xbox right now you would all be lifesavers if you could save me bucks on a wireless adapter for the xbox nbsp

A:Wireless Problem... Internet connection sharing or multiple routers possible?

Forget ICS and just bridge the two network connections on the remote box that is connected to the XBOX. It's much simpler and it will eliminate the NAT layer of ICS from interfering with the XBOX connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-problem-internet-connection-sharing-or-multiple-routers-possible.717277/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Im trying to improve my home network Currently I have the modem and wireless router setup in my basement with one computer hardwired to the router and multiple laptops spread throughout the house However the laptops at the top of my house do not have good signal My house is wired with ethernet cabling throughout the house and walls to help or Routers Points Access Need with multiple network home setup What Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers I want to do is to take advantage of this wiring and setup multiple routers or AP s throughout house not sure about difference Also to even allow some laptops to connect with an ethernet cable rather than wireless I am not sure how to do this currently All the ethernet cableing Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers converge in my garage as an unfinished mess see pic I wanted to run a cable from my router to a plug in the wall which would take the signal to my garage I would then need some kind of device like a hub or switch but i am not sure what kind of device I was hoping it would then distribute the signal to the other wires and send it throuought the house I then wanted to connect another device that would like another router or AP in a another part of the house but am unsure what kind of device and how to do so If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers

With Ethernet wiring available you have some nice choices;
use wires to access remote locations
and place wireless in the room(s) needed
Likely you can just wire to each floor and the garage and then let the wireless be accessed from those locations.

The Modem==>#1Router can control all the DHCP assignments and assuming that you only need four remote locations, you can use a 4-port router. If you need more than four, you will need a Switch, eg
Code:
modem==router---switch-- four connections
|
+---- three more connections
Each port from the router is wired to an Access Point or a WiFi router (doesn't matter so use whatever you have). The trick is
disable the dhcp in each Wifi device
attached the ethernet from #1Router to any LAN slot on the WiFi (leaving its Wan slot empty)
This will place all the WiFi on the same subnet as #1 router and sharing et al works across the board

WiFi setups:
start with just one to get the setup running and then you can use that as a template to
config the others. When performing this task, ALWAYS connect a pc to the Wifi device with a cable!

a) change the SSID to something unique to you but not obviously name, address ,,, (
you could add a suffix to it to identify one from the other

b) set a unique channel on each WiFi router to reduce interferrence.
(if you're using a DSL service, then make sure all phones in the house have a new filter attached)

c) enable encryption (WPA2 or WPA in that order) and set the passphrase (can be the same for all wifi devices)

d) for heaven's sake, change the admin password and save it.
(this will disconnect your PC from the device being configure so don't be shocked)

disconnect from the Wifi device and attempt a wireless connection.
Once this works, you can repeat for each of the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-setup-home-network-with-multiple-access-points-or-routers.154687/
Relevancy 46.01%

1 modem
1 Belkin N600 router
1 Linksys E1200 router running DD-WRT

Currently, Belkin router is connected to modem. Belkin's ip is 192.168.2.1
Linksys router's IP is 192.168.1.1 and its WAN port is connected to Belkin's LAN port.. internet is working fine however my PC can only access the GUi of the Belkin router since it is conected to the LAN port of the Belkin Router. I also want my PC to access the Linksys GUI without having to plug my PC's cable to the linksys..

How do i go about doing this?

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 46.01%

I am an IT guy so security is constantly on my mind -- I would like feed back as well some input and opinions into this injustice done by major manufacturers This is the fact that major manufacturers Commercial Consumer of Concerns Routers / Some Routers Security of Consumer Routers Mostly are building in quot Default quot back doors to these devices that are not documented in their manuals The fact that they Companies have built in users like quot User quot quot Admin quot quot Mso quot quot Moxi quot and quot Root quot Not only do they have built in users but they also have multiple inputs to those users ie quot User quot administrator quot User quot Michael Most of us are aware that the quot User quot is there and can be changed as well as user ie quot Admin quot admin quot Admin quot Password gt But I recently found a vendor with the hidden user named quot Root quot with default quot password quot and Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers also the user quot Moxi quot which is a multimedia acronym with the default password quot Blank quot These type of back that are not documented and pose a threat to our home routers via government or hackers and I personally think that they should stop I did not Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers list the names of the five most popular brands Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers on purpose I don't think this forum would like it much so I left the names out ALL are guilty of creating this type of back door with users I learned of this when my ISP called and said I downloaded some type of illegal music Which turned out to be someone using the back door quot Root quot and used my wireless router to accomplish it - GOTO Starbucks - I conclusion Back Doors may be fine but undocumented ones pose a security risk when you don't know they are there

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36791-security-concerns-consumer-routers-some-commercial-routers.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

My stepfather who lives next door to me has a windows xp desktop and a actiontech modem with dynamic routing turned on for up to 4 computers on a dsl connection. I ran a cat 5 cable out of one of the ports and ran it to my house next door... about 175 feet roughly. I can get online next door. I am attempting to get all of the computers on the same network so we can share various resources and drives. All of the computers are apart of the same network, and I have double checked spelling... I have disabled all the firewalls, both on the machines and in the routers. If anyone can think of a step I might be missing, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

A:Mulitple routers, computers on diferent routers can't see one another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitple-routers-computers-on-diferent-routers-cant-see-one-another.453213/
Relevancy 45.15%

For my work I am looking to create wireless capabilities to remote locations To do this we are using a standard modem router that is connected to an Engenius b g wireless outdoor radio connected to a dish antenna We are through currently working have routers, LAN Forward routers WAN series of the able to go to locations km and then with a corresponding receiving antenna using LoS receive the Internet and connect both to computers at Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN the transmitting point as well as to the WWW The problem exists is that we want to employ a series of routers at the receiving end that would be able to carry the transmission to a different location relatively close due to the fact that some of the locations do not have line of sight to the antennas We are using Encore routers model ENHWI-N When we connect the radio s Ethernet into the routers WAN reciever we can connect to the Internet with a computer The problem exists is we want to pass that connection over to a second router R This connection is done when the routers are on access points set to a Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN WDS function with R having R s mac address and vice versa Both routers are set to channel Even when the routers are seperated by distances gt m a computer plugged into R can see a computer plugged into R Files can be transferred between the computers wirelessly at speed around mbps However computer on R can not connect to the WWW This router features a spot that lights up if it has Internet access and R s is lit up but R s is not How do we transfer the Internet and not just a LAN from R to R so it can be accessed further away from the point of the radio and antenna equipment This setup has also been used where R is hardwired to R At R we change the channel to and then connect through that with mac addresses wirelessly to th router If comp is in R and far away it can still access and file share from comp at R edit the ip address for the routers exist all on xxx If the rd number is different between routers would this make a difference The routers are all on static ips TLDR SIZE Want to transfer wireless internet connection through a series of routers Can connect to www from R and can connect to R from both a R or a R via series of router with LAN and can share files but no WAN nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forward-wan-through-series-of-routers-the-routers-currently-have-working-lan.1054482/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am using Access and Excel I need to have VB script to export the access table records by fields into Multiple Excel workbooks each having multiple tabs In the Access table each record has two fields Div and Tab that will be used to name each workbook and each tab sheet There are unique quot Div quot s to name the workbooks and there are several quot Tab quot names for each multiple Export Access multiple table with workbooks to Solved: tabs excel Div workbook Note These workbooks with multiple tabs were orignally imported into Access from one Solved: Export Access table to multiple excel workbooks with multiple tabs common folder on my desktop by this routine Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub Command Click Dim blnHasFieldNames As Boolean blnEXCEL As Boolean blnReadOnly As Boolean Dim lngCount As Long Dim objExcel As Object objWorkbook As Object Dim colWorksheets As Collection Dim strPath As String strTable As String Dim strFile As String Dim strPAF As String Dim strPassword As String Establish an EXCEL application object On Error Resume Next Set objExcel GetObject quot Excel Application quot If Err Number lt gt Then Solved: Export Access table to multiple excel workbooks with multiple tabs Set objExcel CreateObject quot Excel Application quot blnEXCEL True End If Err Clear On Error GoTo Change this next line to True if the first row in EXCEL worksheet has field names blnHasFieldNames True Replace C Filename xls with the actual path and filename Baseline test quot strPath Me myFileName strFile Dir strPath amp quot xlsx quot Replace tablename with the real name of the table into which the data are to be imported strTable quot DSS Consolidated SP- quot Replace passwordtext with the real password if there is no password replace it with vbNullString constant e g strPassword vbNullString strPassword quot gnome quot blnReadOnly True open EXCEL file in read-only mode Do While Len strFile gt strPAF strPath amp strFile Open the EXCEL file and read the worksheet names into a collection Set colWorksheets New Collection Establish an EXCEL application object On Error Resume Next Set objExcel GetObject quot Excel Application quot If Err Number lt gt Then Set objExcel CreateObject quot Excel Application quot blnEXCEL True End If Err Clear On Error GoTo Set objWorkbook objExcel Workbooks Open strPAF strPassword For lngCount To objWorkbook Worksheets Count colWorksheets Add objWorkbook Worksheets lngCount Name Next lngCount Close the EXCEL file without saving the file and clean up the EXCEL objects objWorkbook Close False Set objWorkbook Nothing If blnEXCEL True Then objExcel Quit Set objExcel Nothing Import the data from each worksheet into the table For lngCount colWorksheets Count To Step - DoCmd TransferSpreadsheet acImport strTable strPAF blnHasFieldNames colWorksheets lngCount amp quot quot Next lngCount Uncomment out the next code step if you want to delete the EXCEL file after it s been imported Kill strPAF strFile Dir Delete the collection Set colWorksheets Nothing Loop Uncomment out the next code step if you want to delete the EXCEL file after it s been imported Kill strPAF End Sub Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Export Access table to multiple excel workbooks with multiple tabs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-export-access-table-to-multiple-excel-workbooks-with-multiple-tabs.1080745/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have several sets Merging a multiple folder into sub-folders [SOLVED] tree in single files multiple of folder trees each with multiple sub-folders each sub-folder containing multiple files I would like to merge all of this into a single folder tree retaining the same sub-folder structure and each sub-folder containing a single set of files eliminating all [SOLVED] Merging multiple files in multiple sub-folders into a single folder tree of the [SOLVED] Merging multiple files in multiple sub-folders into a single folder tree inevitable duplicates that will arise from the merging Doing this manually with Windows Explorer is both tedious and time consuming I have to select all of the files in one of the sub-folders then drag the selection to the corresponding sub-folder in the main folder tree choose 'move and replace' and tick 'do the same for the next x conflicts' and repeat this process for each of the many sub-folders Although I did an online search before posting this plea for help I have only seen utilities that will merge all files in multiple folders into a single folder I have not seen a utility that will do what I need I'm hoping that someone will know of a utility that will save me doing this manually for the next many years Thank you in anticipation useful

A:[SOLVED] Merging multiple files in multiple sub-folders into a single folder tree

I would really look into Robocopy from microsoft. It's a pretty simple yet very powerful tool for copying files, mirroring directories, and many other file tasks. Here is a small tutorial outlining some of the cool things you can do. If you'd rather have a GUI, look at Robocopy GUI.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-merging-multiple-files-in-multiple-sub-folders-into-a-single-folder-tree-813450.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have several folder trees each containing many sub-folders say A B C D and so on The names of the sub-folders are mostly the same between the various folder trees although there could be an X Y Z in one folder tree and not in others or only sub-folders in one folder tree and in another Each sub-folder contains many files most of which are the a sub-folders tree in into multiple single Merging Solved: files multiple folder same as those in other sub-folders of the same name For example folder A in one tree may have files of which are the same as sub-folder A located in another folder tree What I am trying to achieve is a single master folder tree containing all of the sub-folders in each of the Solved: Merging multiple files in multiple sub-folders into a single folder tree existing folder Solved: Merging multiple files in multiple sub-folders into a single folder tree trees each sub-folder containing all of the files in all of the sub-folders of that name without any sub-folders or files in each sub-folder duplicated I can achieve exactly this by manually moving files to the corresponding sub-folder in the master folder tree clicking move and replace and ticking do this for the next x conflicts but it is tedious and very time consuming Thank you in anticipation that someone will know how to automate this otherwise laborious process useful nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-merging-multiple-files-in-multiple-sub-folders-into-a-single-folder-tree.1122518/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello VBA experts. Need your help. I have a workbook with 14 worksheets. Each worksheet has several fields all named the same. I need to sort 3 fields in each worksheet. Those are ascending in this order; Patient ID (in column A), DOS (in column E) and Code (column B).
Does anyone know of a code that can easily sort all 14 tabs at once? The range of data in each worksheet are different. Some worksheets have very little data to sort while other worksheets have maybe a 2,000 rows of data.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Excel 2010 - Sort multiple fields in multiple sheets

Hi

Here is a macro that will sort all spreadsheets each with 3 levels of sort, all ascending assuming that the number of rows in all columns is the same.

Give this a try on a copy of your file (can't stress this enough) and let us know what it didn't do right
Code:
[SIZE=1]Sub SortSheets()[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]' Macro1 Macro[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]For i = 1 To Sheets.Count[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Clear[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("A2:A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) _[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] , SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("E2:E" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) _[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] , SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("B2:B" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) _[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .SetRange Range("A1:E" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .Header = xlYes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .MatchCase = False[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .Orientation = xlTopToBottom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .SortMethod = xlPinYin[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .Apply[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] End With[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]Next[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]End Sub[/SIZE]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-sort-multiple-fields-in-multiple-sheets.1093425/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, i had been having issues with bluescreens once every week or so. I took action by updating my drivers etc but this did not fix the issue. I re-installed windows and got all my drivers on and such yet the problem persists with more bluescreens, more often and with more driver causes.
Before the re-install the bluescreen was always atikmdag.sys but now i have had two others. I believe these may be due to the program ESL Wire which is an anti-cheat program for counter-strike tournaments. If there is any way to have ESL Wire and not experience the BSOD then please let me know as i need to use it for tournaments. I am not aware of the cause of atikmdag.sys and have tried beta graphics drivers but the problem persists.
I have attached the DM Log Collector results.
Thanks for reading,
Robbie.

A:Multiple BSOD Multiple Drivers - Fresh Install (atikmdag.sys = main)

Robbie, I haven't completed looking at your dump files yet, but so far they all list your Graphics driver, as you know.

Code:
lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`11e30000 fffff880`12dd9000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 20 21:36:23 2014 (53A4EFA7)
CheckSum: 00F44F2A
ImageSize: 00FA9000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
I am not familiar with the ESL Wire program you mentioned. I do know what it is, and a brief search on the internet shows you are not the only one having issues with it, just not all the issues are the exact same as yours. Have you tried uninstalling it and doing the same thing as you normally do that causes the BSODs? That should answer that question, one way or the other. I know you need it for what you do, but has proven to be a problematic program, it seems. ESL Wire has a forum you may want to post there and see what suggestions they have. If their tech support people frequent there, they made the program and would be the best ones to resolve any problems with it.

Where are you downloading your video card drivers from? And are you overclocking the cards? If you are playing Tournaments, I'm reasonably sure you would be. I would suggest resetting to default settings at least until we figure this out. I am not opposed to overclocking and do it myself, but I know it can cause BSODs and I also know that if you are not stable at stock, you will never have a stable overclock.

What tests do you use to check for stability of your system?

Another thing in the dump files I noticed was

Code:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff900c4edccf0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff9600031c69d, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
Suggesting possible bad memory. To rule in or out this possibility,

Please Run Memtest86+

Information
Please download from this site http://www.memtest.org/ only, in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip

Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you mat have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336570-multiple-bsod-multiple-drivers-fresh-install-atikmdag-sys-main.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Once again, my computer thinks it's been working correctly for too long

Here is the link to my previous thread: [SOLVED] Unknown BSOD from time to time

This time, it basically gives me a BSOD when the processor workload is higher than 20%, something runs out of memory or the computer has been idle for more than 15 mins. (Using YouTube, playing Games etc. etc.) Here are all the error reports:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PC specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 640
Installed Memory RAM: 4.00 GB (I don't know what manufacturer or model)
Motherboard: BIOSTAR GF8200E
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8200
DiskDrive: Hitachi HDS721050CLA362

As before, I have attached the needed files to the post. I was kind of stupid of me to mark the previous thread as [SOLVED] instantly.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD teasing me; Multiple issues and multiple 'corrupted' files.

Have you tested your RAM? You can use memtest 86+ or the ultmate boot cd. Have you tried booting in safe mode and then letting the computer sit for 30 minutes? Does the blue screen happen in safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-teasing-me-multiple-issues-and-multiple-corrupted-files-650702.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I've been having BSOD trouble over the past four or five months now The BSODs typically happen once a week sometimes twice with small strings of daily crashes here and there I'm at my wit's end when it comes to trying to figure out where the problem lies All of my parts are under warranty so I'm desperate to find out which one if any are at fault I've tested my hardware extensively Memtest for passes on multiple occasions using different stick and slot combinations Ran torture tests using Prime for the processor All hard drive checks come back without problems Ran Furmark on my video card with no artifacts The BSODs happen most commonly when using video playlists for both Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic multiple types of files They also sometimes occur when playing 0x0A) BSODs, 0x3B, Bugchecks Multiple 0x50, (0xD1, Multiple particular games Borderlands II Dark Souls Installing a fresh copy of Windows did not remove BSODs even after running it in factory settings with no additional installations I have attached a dump file and Multiple BSODs, Multiple Bugchecks (0xD1, 0x3B, 0x50, 0x0A) I thank whoever attempts to assist me

A:Multiple BSODs, Multiple Bugchecks (0xD1, 0x3B, 0x50, 0x0A)

Hi anthonylert.

The versatility of the bugchecks are the indication of failing memory prima facie, but as you said you ran Memtest86, can you run the memtest86+?

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Also, disable bluetooth,at least as a test. The Atheros bluetooth module is appearing to be failing.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334896-multiple-bsods-multiple-bugchecks-0xd1-0x3b-0x50-0x0a.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi I processes found computer dllhost.exe Malwarebytes *32 multiple multiple trojans, have run malwarebytes hitman Pro ADWcleaner and multiple dllhost exe Com Surrogate processes keep popping up in task manager Computer internet is very slow Here is the Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Scan result Malwarebytes found multiple trojans, multiple dllhost.exe *32 processes computer of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Pattie administrator on MININT-Q CGG P on - - Running from C Users Pattie Downloads Loaded Profile Pattie Available profiles Pattie Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Malwarebytes found multiple trojans, multiple dllhost.exe *32 processes computer Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Malwarebytes found multiple trojans, multiple dllhost.exe *32 processes computer Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe Nikon Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe ATI Technologies Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Intuit Inc C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe Intuit Inc C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe TeamViewer GmbH C Users Pattie AppData Local Temp TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe TeamViewer GmbH C Users Pattie AppData Local Temp TeamViewer Version tv w exe TeamViewer GmbH C Users Pattie AppData Local Temp TeamViewer Version tv x exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mstsc exe Dropbox Inc C Users Pattie AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe TeamViewer GmbH C Users Pattie AppData Local Temp TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Desktop exe Trend Micro Inc C Users Pattie Downloads TTi EL Downloader exe Trend Micro Inc C ProgramData Trend Micro Installer TTi EL Downloader Agent TisEzIns exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run gt X HKLM Run pnuprdp gt C Windows system rundll C Windows system pnuprdp dll RegisterVirtualChannel HKLM Run Trend Micro Titanium gt C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework uiWinMgr exe -set Silent SplashURL HKLM Run Trend Micro Client Framework gt C Program Files Trend Micro Uni... Read more

A:Malwarebytes found multiple trojans, multiple dllhost.exe *32 processes computer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/554909 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554909/malwarebytes-found-multiple-trojans-multiple-dllhostexe-32-processes-computer/
Relevancy 32.68%

System Specs Motherboard - won't on boot multiple after System multiple re-installs HDDs, (working) Crashes, ECS nForce SLIT-A v Motherboard NVIDIA Socket Serial ATA CPU Intel Pentium D GHz MB Cache FSB Socket Hard Disks Used Original and Current System Crashes, won't boot - on multiple (working) HDDs, after multiple re-installs Western Digital Caviar SE GB MB SATA- Also Tried HITACHI TB SERIAL ATA HD MB SATA- G Seagate ST AS Barracuda Hard Drive - TB rpm MB SATA- G Graphics Video Card XFX GeForce GT RAM Ultra MB PC DDR MHz Memory x System Crashes, won't boot - on multiple (working) HDDs, after multiple re-installs Power Supply Cooler Master -Watt ATX SATA Ready OS Windows XP SP Background A while back this machine was up and running with no problems until a nasty hijack put it out of commission It sat untouched for or months until I finally got a new hard drive to reinstall windows on I decided just to put the new hard drive Hitachi TB in there and use the old one Western Digital GB as extra storage on my other problem-free machine Problem I installed Windows as usual got it up and running applied some updates but not SP began installing my programs and CRASH The restart would take forever and it would either a hang on the Windows XP loading screen with the running blue bar underneath the logo or b give me a Disk read error before it ever got to a windows screen I reformatted reinstalled Windows and the exact same thing happened again Thinking it must be a bad drive I got an RMA for the drive returned it and tried a different brand Seagate TB I went through the process and the EXACT problem happened again I reformatted reinstalled AGAIN the same Convinced that it must be some other error I thought the machine simply couldn't do these bigger drives so I put the TB in my working machine tested it and it came out fine I then decided to restore the old working GB WD drive back into its original machine and start fresh with the drive that worked so well several months ago As you can probably guess all of the same problems happened again The exact same drive in the exact same system that worked a few months ago and only went down because of the hijack will not work now I should mention that with the Seagate and with the current drive the WD during the Formatting part of the Windows installation process the bar filled rapidly and said that the disc was damaged - but I know they are both fully functional Also with this most recent install attempt I encountered some blue screens and one time had a Disk boot failure Insert system disc error at start-up instead of the Disk Read Error Alt Control Delete to restart error from before What I've Tried Repair installation from Recovery Console It got me into windows but simple programs were corrupt because C Mft is corrupt and unreadable Please run the Chkdsk utility I've got a full thorough Chkdsk running right now but I am not hopeful this will fix it outright From what I have read repairing the installation is often a temporary fix I am at wit's end This is the first computer problem hijacks aside that I have not been able to fix myself via research Thanks for reading

A:System Crashes, won't boot - on multiple (working) HDDs, after multiple re-installs

Hello thereisnoart,

you may have to wipe the hard drive with a 3rd party program like (KIllDisk

the reason for this is hijacker programs can be hard writen to the drive so when you do a simple formate it bleed thru and you jacked again

this is the same as for some virus's

follow the link

http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

all the instruction on use and making the bootable cd are in the program of at the site

this will zero out the drives and make them like new

then reinstall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-crashes-wont-boot-on-multiple-working-hdds-after-multiple-re-installs-394578.html
Relevancy 32.68%

i am uploading excel work book with 4 sheets, sheet no1 contains the record to be verifed/matched with the records in sheet no.2. we will match BTC_Name, BTC_Fname, Deg_RegNO of sheet1 with student name, father name, reg.no. of sheet no.2, if records of sheet no.1 are matched/presented in sheet no.2 then the whole row of sheet no.1 should be copied in to sheet no.3 (if matched display here) else other wise mismatched/ not presented records of sheet no.1 in sheet2 should be displayed (whole row) in sheet no.4 (not matched display here). i have shown sample values in sheet 3 and in sheet 4 taken from sheet 1.
thanx.

Relevancy 32.68%

I sure hope someone can provide or direct me to the formula to accomplish the following in Xcel I have a singe sheet consisting of rows of data in columns A person has been maintaining this and we are about to convert it to cvs and install a text file in a CGI Perl program to run on a web site For some unknown reason the person who started and has been maintaining the file has set it up In combine Solved: to Need one into rows columns I multiple multiple column containing Xcel, so that the first Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column columns contain data that should be all in one column Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column Here is an example a ham radio call we will say is WW XXX In the first column A row he has entered the prefix quot WW quot in the second column B row he has entered the call district quot quot and in the third column C row he has entered the suffix quot WWW quot I have inserted a blank column quot D quot I can combine for example A B and C with the simple formula A amp B amp C placed in D No problem Now the problem and I m sure you all ready can see it I need to do this with all rows It certainly SEEMS logically that I should be able to accomplish this but durned if I ve been able to do it I have Googled I have Jeeved it you name it I ve tried it I have found some quot close calls quot that almost answer it but not the real answer Obviously I can do this times manually but I d rather find a simpler answer if there is one Blessings to anyone who can provide me with the answer This by the way is for a non-business non-profit amateur radio related web site I have no problem converting the Xcel file to the necessary text Fortunately he didn t use any commas in it Anyone have an idea Thanks much Alabama Ron nbsp

A:Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-in-xcel-i-need-to-combine-multiple-columns-containing-multiple-rows-into-one-column.475772/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys, I hope someone on here can help me out. I have a MSI GX660R laptop and its a monster, but I have been getting a lot of BSOD and reboots lately. Ive attached a zip with the five latest dumps and and looking for any help I can get. Thanks peoples.

A:Multiple BSOD and reboots on Win7 Ultimate. Multiple dumps included

Hi -

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or until it BSODs your system, whichever is less. Then . . .

Provide full system info - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista

Also, run Speccy - Speccy - System Information - Free Download
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsod-and-reboots-on-win7-ultimate-multiple-dumps-included-591014.html
Relevancy 32.68%

quot Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - viruses and processes, Multiple found... malware unknown Multiple Popups, - UTC - RP - Popups, Multiple unknown processes, Multiple viruses and malware found... Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Owner exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Popups, Multiple unknown processes, Multiple viruses and malware found... AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Popups, Multiple unknown processes, Multiple viruses and malware found... Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation hqtray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Avira Avira Premium Security Suite avguard exe C Program Files Avira Avira Premium Security Suite avesvc exe C Program Files Avira Avira Premium Security Suite avmailc exe C Program Files Avira Avira Premium Security Suite avgnt exe C Program Files Avira Avira Premium Security Suite sched exe C Program Files Avira Avira Premium Security Suite avfwsvc exe C Program Files Avira Avira Premium Security Suite AVWEBGRD EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dss exe C DOCUME Owner Desktop Owner exe R - HKLM Softwar... Read more

A:Popups, Multiple unknown processes, Multiple viruses and malware found...

TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware but it can sometimes prevent HijackThis from fixing certain things. Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your HijackThis log is clean.Open Spybot Search & Destroy.
In the Mode menu click "Advanced mode" if not already selected.
Choose Yes at the Warning prompt.
Expand the Tools menu.
Click Resident.
Uncheck the Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active. box.
In the File menu click Exit to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.

Download http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...etTeaTimer.zip
Double click ResetTeaTimer.bat to remove all entries set by TeaTimer.

----------------

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Curb tool help dart] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Move Bore Curb Tool\That This.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CreativeWeb] C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\LITEPL~1\Defy bias plus.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Ignore any prompts for a reboot

---------------

www.bleepingcomputer.com
www.forospyware.com
www.geekstogo.com

1. Please choose from any of the above links. Download the file & Save it to Desktop.

2. Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that & a fresh Hijackthis log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/popups-multiple-unknown-processes-multiple-viruses-and-malware-found-204817.html
Relevancy 32.68%

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP Now when I go online IE automatically opens I don t use IE I use Firefox and ads pop up Also alerts opens multiple up Virus: brings ZoneAlarm times, IE w/ads, multiple also Zone Alarm prompts me w alerts regularly esp when I open a file or program that lt program name gt is trying to access lt something gt which can track keystrokes etc I m now also getting ZoneAlarm alerts saying that lt random s letters gt is trying to start automatically when I start the computer I downloaded hijack this clicked scan button and got this popup alert --------------------------- HijackThis --------------------------- For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file If any hijacked domains are in this file HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this If that happens Virus: IE opens w/ads, multiple times, also brings up multiple ZoneAlarm alerts you need to edit the file yourself To do this click Start Run and type notepad C WINDOWS System drivers etc hosts and press Enter Find the line s HijackThis reports and delete them Save the file as hosts with quotes and reboot For Vista simply exit HijackThis right click on the HijackThis icon choose Run as administrator --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Hit the OK button and here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA Virus: IE opens w/ads, multiple times, also brings up multiple ZoneAlarm alerts exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Virus: IE opens w/ads, multiple times, also brings up multiple ZoneAlarm alerts Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C DOCUME MRC CE B LOCALS Temp clclean C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAEA EXE C Program Files Creative Creative ZEN ZEN Media Explorer CTCheck exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO e - c - cab- -eed ce - ec - dee- -bac... Read more

A:Virus: IE opens w/ads, multiple times, also brings up multiple ZoneAlarm alerts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-ie-opens-w-ads-multiple-times-also-brings-up-multiple-zonealarm-alerts.806495/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am server ) to with shares credentials? multiple single ( Error 1219 on System a Connecting multiple running Windows Vista Home Premium SP on my laptop I have a Fedora Core server running SaMBa They share a subnet with and taken by networking - on the server on the laptop The server has multiple SaMBa shares for this example myserver share and myserver share There are two SaMBA users user and user each either their own passwords user can access myserver share and user can access myserver share I log on to the Vista laptop using a separate user pass from either of those two accounts When I attempt to connect to these shares I Connecting to multiple shares on a single server with multiple credentials? ( System Error 1219 ) can do so without a problem if I connect to them singly using quot connect using different user name quot However if I attempt to connect to both simultaneously I get quot System error has occurred Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user using more than one user name are not allowed Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again quot I need to be able to connect to both shares simultaneously but using the different credentials I don't want user creating files in myserver share and I don't want user creating files in myserver share I have tried manually using NET USE and I get the same error when I try to map the second drive after the first is mounted I have also messed with regedit and changed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel from to a certain site suggested this I've also seen some DNS kludges that trick the windows client into thinking its connecting to multiple servers but I haven't the capacity to arrange something like this easily -- nor do I like the idea of using kludges to fix what should be a simple-to-fix scenario Is there a 'correct' work-around for this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3ee2c61-a5c7-48b3-a3bf-23ea323da699/connecting-to-multiple-shares-on-a-single-server-with-multiple-credentials-system-error-1219-?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 32.68%

I am infected Can only boot in SafeMode Removed multiple items multiple times Is Combo fix my next step EMachines T AMD Athlon GHz GB of Ram Windows Multiple Times. Safemode. I Infected. In Is Removed Boot Only Combo Next My Items Can Fix Step? Multiple Am XP SP Can only boot in Safe Mode Booted without Internet And Unplugged Ethernet from computer Pop-ups include Your computer is not protected against spyware Internet attack attempt detected your computer is infected with spyware Your Computer is working slowly Windows Security Center System Warning full screen quot Threat CoolWebSearch quot Windows Security Center full screen quot Threat Name TrojanDownloader XS quot SpyBot updated to the latest has removed the following but they do not stay removed and I have removed them again many times Wait minutes ran SpyBot again they return again without rebooting ClientMan CoolWWWSearch CoolWWWSearch k CoolWWWSearch Aff ledll CoolWWWSearch AffWinshow CoolWWWSearch BlowSearch CoolWWWSearch Bootconf CoolWWWSearch Dreplace CoolWWWSearch Gonnasearch CoolWWWSearch Leftovers CoolWWWSearch SmartSearch CoolWWWSearch Svcinit CoolWWWSearch WCADW CoolWWWSearch WinRes CoolWWWSearch WinSearch CoolWWWSearch Yexe Microsoft WindowsSecurityCenter TaskManager Smitfraud-C Smitfraud-C generic Smitfraud-C gp ToolbarCC Win Small ny Ran AVG Antivirus numerous times - Vault items Some repeat Trojan horse Downloader Purityscan y Trojan horse Downloader Agent A Trojan Horse Sheur BJSJ Trojan I Am Infected. Can Only Boot In Safemode. Removed Multiple Items Multiple Times. Is Combo Fix My Next Step? horse Generic VYB Trojan horse Downloader Generic MCB Trojan horse Downloader Generic MCB Trojan horse Generic YVB Trojan horse Downloader Generic MCB Trojan horse Downloader Generic MCB Trojan horse Downloader Generic MCB Trojan horse Downloader I Am Infected. Can Only Boot In Safemode. Removed Multiple Items Multiple Times. Is Combo Fix My Next Step? Generic MCB Trojan horse Downloader Generic MCB Virus found JS Downloader Agent Trojan horse Generic VIU Trojan horse Downloader Agent W Trojan horse Downloader Agent W Trojan horse Downloader Generic LVS Trojan horse Downloader Generic LRI Trojan horse Generic VIU Trojan horse Downloader Agent W Trojan horse Downloader Agent W Trojan horse Downloader Agent W Trojan horse Downloader Agent W Trojan horse Downloader Generic LVS Trojan horse Downloader Generic LRI Trojan horse Downloader Obfuskated Trojan horse I Am Infected. Can Only Boot In Safemode. Removed Multiple Items Multiple Times. Is Combo Fix My Next Step? Downloader Obfuskated Trojan horse Downloader Obfuskated Trojan horse Downloader Obfuskated From other threads Combo fix seems to be my next step I have downloaded Combo fix and placed it on the Desktop I have downloaded WindowsXP-KB -SP -Pro-BootDisk-ENU exe and placed it on the Desktop Help What do I do now If I run Combo fix to BleepingComputer s instructions where do I post This is a business computer their only one and I need to get it up and running again as quickly as I can Thanks in advance

A:I Am Infected. Can Only Boot In Safemode. Removed Multiple Items Multiple Times. Is Combo Fix My Next Step?

Please run this scan first. Combo fix may be the next alternative,but it is NOT a tool you should run without guidance. That can all be done from the HiJackThis malware removal forum. But we'll try this first.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147932/i-am-infected-can-only-boot-in-safemode-removed-multiple-items-multiple-times-is-combo-fix-my-next-step/
Relevancy 32.68%

Thanks for taking the time to read this I am new to the site and went to hardware to try to fix an issue Wayne maybe beginner, thought ou moving am was on multiple i i computers, a issues multiple and Frank both were very nice Wayne recommended that i go to malware multiple issues on multiple computers, maybe i am a beginner, thought i was moving ou virus first i have three issue i hope to receive some free advice on the hardware issue was a wireless button not working i believe the driver is bad qualcomm atheros b g n but following directions seemed very difficult as i am having an issue with redirects new tabs opening and pop ups so many in fact i am having trouble following download directions i believe i have had as many as at once mostly multiple but at times only one When downloading often a new window opens when thing are correct but not a half dozen and some are clearly not related but many are close to what i want i had a malware q pro something google told me how to remove it it returned the conduit thing has affect me toolbars are installed with out my ok so i read carefully when going through the steps now i do not know what is my problem with all the unwanted pop ups redirects new tabs new links my wife works daily on a computer she is a CAD operator multiple issues on multiple computers, maybe i am a beginner, thought i was moving ou while out of town she bought me a new laptop just like hers except software my desktop was down i was trying to re install either vita or windows i had the system multiple issues on multiple computers, maybe i am a beginner, thought i was moving ou disks and a mirror of computer i bought got to final step and crashes have any suggestion on the virus issue as this conputer works with an ethernet cable but not wireless so i have access to web on it if i get rid of all the pop up issue maybe i can reinstall wireless button driver and proceed to my desktop but if reformatting my desktop is easier that is fine nbsp

A:multiple issues on multiple computers, maybe i am a beginner, thought i was moving ou

something is wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-issues-on-multiple-computers-maybe-i-am-a-beginner-thought-i-was-moving-ou.1125470/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a pretty elaborate home network consisting of a wired gigabit multiple multiple network on adapters Shares Networks over subnets ethernet primary network and a wireless-N wireless network Networks Shares over multiple network adapters on multiple subnets everything i have been able to get Networks Shares over multiple network adapters on multiple subnets functioning flawlessly excluding getting the windows shares and ps media server i run from a wired windows -bit Networks Shares over multiple network adapters on multiple subnets server to share across the wireless portion of my network i attempted to fix this issue by purchasing a nd adapter for said server so that it would have both a wired and wireless connection and be able to share across both the x x x subnet which already works and the x x x subnet which hasnt been I now have the nd adapter setup without a gateway as to not confuse internet traffic going FROM said server so it will use the primary wired gigabit adapter instead of wireless I am able to ping from the wireless side of the network back to the servers assigned wireless IP but for some reason still cannot see the shares i have been unable to find any adapter specific share settings in win thus far and am wondering if i am missing something any help is appreciated Thanks network topography attached

A:Networks Shares over multiple network adapters on multiple subnets

I have a very similar scenario and I too would like to share Media Server/DLNA across multiple subnets. Have you found a solution to this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163667-networks-shares-over-multiple-network-adapters-multiple-subnets.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish..

I have 2 .txt files (Locations.txt | Files.txt)
Locations is a list of directoriesFiles is a list of file names

I would like to write a Batch Script that would loop through each location in the Locations.txt for files names that match any in Files.txt

I think i may need to write a for loop to cycle through the locations but then i'm not sure how i would pass the file names through for it to check for.

Basically if it does find any of those file names in any of the location i would want it to echo a message.

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41692-batch-file-find-multiple-files-multiple-locations.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I built a computer recently. Since day one I get BSODs but the drivers, and Bug/Checks listed are never the same.
I was thinking it couldn't be a single device or driver so I've:

Replaced the MOBO.
Repair Installed the OS.
Replaced the RAM.

It BSOD'd multiple times between each change.

The only things I've run are IE/FF and Ableton Live 9. Ableton is usually running during the BSOD but it was not the last time.

Thanks!

A:BSOD multiple times with multiple Drivers/Bug Check Stings

Welcome sfbybuss! Without looking at the file, since you say the lists is never the same and you built the computer, are you sure the PSU is up to speed? Latest MB BIOS?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50361-bsod-multiple-times-multiple-drivers-bug-check-stings.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Sounds simple, but I cannot find a similar solved post.

I have a list of people (several hundred) in a worksheet and a list of zipcodes on another. The list of zipcodes (534 total) is a list of all zipcodes within a radius of multiple locations (one each for < 50 miles and one for >50 but less than 180 for each location). Both lists are maintained manually, I just need to lookup all the people with a zipcode that matches whatever list is selected. I am thinking the user selects the zipcode list to use from a simple validation dropdown but I am at a loss of how to return the list of people and their data.

I have attached an example file, I am looking to return the results on the "Who" tab. I have created the location selection from the header row of the Zipcode worksheet, I just need some help returning the People.

As always, TIA

Relevancy 32.68%

Good day all Learner here reasonably OK with Excel well some of it but struggling with VBA I have a Excel workbook with worksheets in it Each sheet records hours worked on projects in that week and is summarised Using VBA I want to copy each Copy worksheets ranges multiple Solved: from add and save multiple sheets summary range BH BI to a collection sheet and sum as I do so i e copy paste special Solved: Copy save and add multiple ranges from multiple worksheets add them to get a record of hours worked to date on the projects There are four other sheets which I do not want to analyise and I think I know how to exclude them I realise I can do this using D formula but the number of sheets increase by one each week and I don t believe that D formulas can accommodate this whereas I understand VBA can I have spent a couple of days searching various forums about this and cannot find an answer It seems to me it ought to be a relatively simple operation but then what do I know I have tried recording a macro to do a similar thing copy past special and add on one sheet and then adapting to suit with no success Following is the code I tried following this approach don t laugh Code Sub ConsolSheets Dim ws As Worksheet Application ScreenUpdating False Sheets quot Consolidate quot Activate For Each ws In Worksheets If ws Name lt gt quot Master quot And ws Name lt gt quot Log quot And ws Name lt gt quot Total Summary quot And ws Name lt gt quot Consolidate quot Then Application CutCopyMode False ws Range quot bh bo quot Copy Worksheets quot Consolidate quot Range quot b I quot PasteSpecial Operation xlPasteSpecialOperationAdd End If Next ws End Sub When I run this I get an Excel dialogue saying quot There is already data here do you want to replace it quot which obviously I don t I want to add to it I hope the above makes sense and any assistance would be highly appreciated regards to all Malcolm nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi there I am having trouble with many pieces of malware at once I think A few days ago I noticed I was being redirected around to different websites something like www ads-find-all-you-want com about of the time when I clicked on any link I have multiple - website viruses "explorer.exe's" Internet redirects, Multiple tried to get rid of it with malwarebytes but it didn't go away Today I noticed the computer slowing donw significantly and I have multiple instances of k memory usage explorer exe being open and multiple iexplore exe despite me having never used internet explorer I have tried Multiple viruses - Internet website redirects, multiple "explorer.exe's" using the dds tool to make a dds txt but it will only generate me the attach txt and no dds txt file no matter the options I select I visited this forum or a similar one many years ago now and was told to make HijackThis logs Not sure if this is still a thing at Multiple viruses - Internet website redirects, multiple "explorer.exe's" all but I made some anyway and i'll attach those I also took a screengrab of all the explorer exe's running http imgur com b RG Hope you can help me and I can provide any other things you need Thanks

A:Multiple viruses - Internet website redirects, multiple "explorer.exe's"

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552099/multiple-viruses-internet-website-redirects-multiple-explorerexes/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey Guys I running windows on a Gateway desktop with a HP Laser Jet L Printer Here s my situation I can t figure this one out I had to print out about pages of a page document in Word I go under file print change the number of copies to What happens is the printer is only printing copy of each page and isn t recognizing that I want copies So if I have a page document or a page document I get all the pages but not any additional copies What is strange is that the printer window icon shows the printer assigned to print copies Can't Multiple Copies on HP Documents Laser Print Jet 6L Page Multiple of but if it s only a page document the printer just stops after pages Nothing else unusual with the printer itself and so far I just noticed it today and seems to be only related to Word Note that if I print Multiple pages of SINGLE page docs everything is fine Can't Print Multiple Copies of Multiple Page Documents on HP Laser Jet 6L I don t know what could be wrong Jack nbsp

A:Can't Print Multiple Copies of Multiple Page Documents on HP Laser Jet 6L

Which driver are you using? HP installs 3 different ones for the 6L and the PCL one doesn't always work right. Could be a memory or spool setting as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-print-multiple-copies-of-multiple-page-documents-on-hp-laser-jet-6l.53787/
Relevancy 32.68%

Multiple BSODs over the last year, sometimes while logging in, sometimes after 15 minutes of running. Have tried SFC/SCANNOW, memory test, CHKDSK, all with no reported errors. Did a system restore to Windows 8 a while back and kept getting BSODs. Could it be a hard drive problem, or a simple drive upgrade? Im currently working on trying to update all my drivers to see if that will fix it. All help is appreciated.

A:Multiple BSOD errors from multiple drivers, no luck fixing so far

Oh and I replaced the RAM and was still getting BSODs so I put my factory ones back in.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66920-multiple-bsod-errors-multiple-drivers-no-luck-fixing-so-far.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Over the past few weeks my PC has had several issues:

1) Mouse pointer freezing or disappearing followed by a beep sound following which the PC locks up
2) Nvidia screen crashing and auto recovering repeatedly
3) One instance of numerous random programs self starting all at the same time - several dozen separate executables all auto initiated
4) A couple of weeks ago there were also a number of instances of BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

To date anti virus is showing no issues (Malwarebytes and Avast). I also tried to run windows defender and the following message came up: "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused this programs's service to stop ..."

Dell XPS420
Windowa Vista 32 bit
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Thanks for any assistance you can offer

James

A:Vista multiple lockups and multiple programs auto starting

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580952/vista-multiple-lockups-and-multiple-programs-auto-starting/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I have a pc that has Malwarebytes and AVG Malwarebytes continues to popup showing it is blocking fffsee com several times and the pc is running very slow When I check task manager many instances of dllhost are running I removed Google Chrome task blocks and dllhost32.dll multiple fffsee.com multiple in Getting manager and Java which slowed down the start of the dllhost but I am still killing the processes to work on the pc I am also noting extra explorer exe opening in task manager and am killing these when I see them as well Thank you for your assistance Here is the DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Deborah at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes c PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe Getting multiple fffsee.com blocks and multiple dllhost32.dll in task manager -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Getting multiple fffsee.com blocks and multiple dllhost32.dll in task manager C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x D-Link DWA- revA ANIWConnService exe C Program Files x EaseUS Todo Backup bin Agent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax service exe C Program Files x EaseUS Todo Backup bin GuardAgent exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files x Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Lenovo Mouse Suite PelService exe C Program Files x ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Common Files Intel Privacy Icon UNS UNS exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Program Files x APC PowerChute Personal Edition dataserv exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax comm customer exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax system customer exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System vds exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Lenovo System Update SUService exe C Program Files x Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax user customer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Lenovo Lenovo Mouse Suite ICO exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x D-Link DWA- re... Read more

A:Getting multiple fffsee.com blocks and multiple dllhost32.dll in task manager

hi,

If you still need help; download a copy of FRST and post its two logs and we will go from there:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Looks like you can get the 64bit version.

Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
    When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Press the Scan button.
    When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
    Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554110/getting-multiple-fffseecom-blocks-and-multiple-dllhost32dll-in-task-manager/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am trying to get my wife's new computer up and running without any BSOD or program failures Note that the system was not initially set up to capture the dmp files so all the earliest ones are missing I at Times Identified BSOD Multiple with Multiple Random Drivers presented the initial problems to the original seller who recommended sticking with MSE and uninstalling Norton and I did that Another forum suggested that Virtual Multiple BSOD at Random Times with Multiple Drivers Identified Memory was the problem and I disabled and restored VM Still having multiple crashes and I am hoping that I can get real help here I do note that all the crashes have ntoskrnl exe in the driver stack although sometimes alone and sometimes with other drivers System Info Microsoft Windows Professional -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz MOBO ASUSTeK Computer INC P G T-M LX BIOS Date Ver GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - -Corsair x GB MB NVIDIA GeForce GT ASUStek Computer Inc NVIDIA High Definition Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Monitors DELL FP Digital Dell FP Analog x Hz Hitachi HDS CLA ATA Device WDC WD EACS- ZJB ATA Device WDC WD AACS- M B ATA Device I am attaching the zip file with Windows NT BSOD jcgriff and PERFMON html included I am assuming that the DMP files are included therein Please advise if you need more information to help solve this problem Thank you for your help and wonderful support seen here New crash just minutes ago Uploading the dmp file for that in zip form

A:Multiple BSOD at Random Times with Multiple Drivers Identified

Quote: Originally Posted by a1newman

I am trying to get my wife's new computer up and running without any BSOD or program failures. Note that the system was not initially set up to capture the dmp files so all the earliest ones are missing. I presented the initial problems to the original seller who recommended sticking with MSE and uninstalling Norton 360 and I did that. Another forum suggested that Virtual Memory was the problem and I disabled and restored VM. Still having multiple crashes and I am hoping that I can get real help here. I do note that all the crashes have ntoskrnl.exe in the driver stack although sometimes alone and sometimes with other drivers.

System Info
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
MOBO ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX3
BIOS Date: 01/13/11 16:27:43 Ver: 08.00.14
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (8-8-8-20)-Corsair 2x4GB
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
NVIDIA High Definition Audio, Realtek High Definition Audio
2 Monitors: DELL 1908FP (Digital), Dell 1907FP(Analog) [email protected]
1) Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 ATA Device (2) WDC WD10EACS-00ZJB0 ATA Device (3) WDC WD5000AACS-61M6B2 ATA Device

I am attaching the zip file with Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 and PERFMON.html included. I am assuming that the DMP files are included therein.

Please advise if you need more information to help solve this problem. Thank you for your help and wonderful support seen here.

New crash just minutes ago. Uploading the dmp file for that in zip form.

Nothing definite. Please run these two tests to verify your ram and find the mis-behaving driver.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197106-multiple-bsod-random-times-multiple-drivers-identified.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Greetings We have three medical clinics and the front desk staff float from clinic to clinic depending on their schedule I only started here a few months ago and I am working on upgrading their Dell xp systems to Windows systems The problem begins to crop up when say a user named Sally will come in and sit down at this system for the first time Well she needs to login click on outlook icon let it find her exchange PST and Easy to users way on systems.. Multiple win7-64 one? clone multiple copy settings to her user profile then she launches the application for the scanner that she uses to scan in ID's and insurance Multiple users on multiple win7-64 systems.. Easy way to clone one? cards for every patient coming in The scanner is set to default settings and needs to be tweaked on color depth and double sided etc Then after that she needs to launch her Medical EMR application and then choose various options in the citrix client TL DR - Each user needs to spend minutes resetting the defaults at this updated system Well this is fine except I am planning on updating front desk systems at each clinic the user Sally will need to do all these things EACH time she finds herself sitting down at a system I just swapped out the previous evening My thought is Multiple users on multiple win7-64 systems.. Easy way to clone one? this put a single system down in one clinic and Multiple users on multiple win7-64 systems.. Easy way to clone one? let it sit a week giving most of the float users a chance to work on it for a day setting all of their preferences etc Once I get a bunch of them with user profiles on the local drive grab an image of that drive and just deploy that to each system I roll out Couple issues I am running into First would be that I would have to register each Win copy with a new serial which I have The next issue is we have a mis-mash of Dell optiplex systems 's - 's even a couple 's I would need to strip out the hardware specific entries in the system and let it refind everything and I have read a few forums talking about this but I do not fully get it yet My biggest question is this Is this the fastes easiest way to go about this or is there some magical app out there I am missing out on that will save me even more time Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have on this Joe

A:Multiple users on multiple win7-64 systems.. Easy way to clone one?

If Sally logs onto the computer with her name it should have all her preferences saved do you have a separate account setup for every user, maybe if you setup the account as admin to begin with then after everything is setup the way she likes remove the admin privilege and do the same for all users

look at this tutorial on Seven Forums
User Account - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/278327-multiple-users-multiple-win7-64-systems-easy-way-clone-one.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a large number of Brother PJ- printers that users connect laptops to Even though they are all exact same model the laptops are creating multiple model of multiple Connecting queues the printers same create brand new local Connecting multiple printers of the same model create multiple queues print queue for each individual printer I suspect Brother Connecting multiple printers of the same model create multiple queues has implemented the serial number capability within the USB spec The laptops are ending up with a large number of print queues on them all labeled copy copy etc which is confusing the end users Nerds understand what they are and how to pick the correct Connecting multiple printers of the same model create multiple queues one for the printer that's currently connected but must of my users aren't nerds Brother has a support document on this issue I have connected multiple printers of the same model to one PC but can only print from one of the machines Brother But it simply describes how to choose the correct print queue not how to prevent multiple queues from being created in the first place The printers are working great otherwise but I'd really like to find a way to configure Windows Professional -bit to have just one print queue regardless of which PJ- it happens to be connected to Any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383599-connecting-multiple-printers-same-model-create-multiple-queues.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I had a large music library in a folder called music.

I installed itunes, and it decided to re-organize all of my files... So now i have 1,111 (that's right one-thousand one-hundred and eleven) sub-folders in the music folder, each containing a number of sub folders, and each sub folder has only one of two music files in it....

I would be laughing hysterically if there was simply an undo button, but there isn't.

It could literally take six months to manually go to the bottom of each folder tree, pull the one song, past it in the root folder, and then delete the folder it came from, over 8,000 for each of the files in my library.

So the question is: is there some utility i can use to pull all of the files at once, and then delete all of the folders left behind?

thanks,

nick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extract-multiple-files-from-multiple-folders-to-a-root-folder.396648/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey there So just to start things off I'm and don't really have much technical knowledge when it comes to computer hardware and errors etc I started getting BSODs a while back but they weren't very frequent so I uninstalled all the programmes I had on my laptop and it stopped for the most part so I assumed that was the problem As time went on up until now Multiple Random Occurences, Multiple Codes BSODs, Error they have been getting much more frequent with the error message at the top stating Multiple BSODs, Random Occurences, Multiple Error Codes something different each time getting what seemed more serious Sometimes when I get BSOD Multiple BSODs, Random Occurences, Multiple Error Codes it would BSOD again on Startup then again after that which is rather frustrating haha I was reluctant to posting on forums but it's come to the point of either fixing it logically or ending up punching the screen xD I can't really define when it happens as it's more often some times than others I have a hinch it has something to do with my graphics card though as I would be playing a game then I'd open up a new tab and watch a video then get BSOD at some point However it happens less frequently for the most part when idle or with minimum programmes running The programmes I mainly use on the laptop is Google Chrome Skype Sony Vegas Pro Video Editing Software Total Media Extreme Personal Video Recording Software I can't remember any of the actual error codes but some of the display messages i can remember are PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA Attempt to Execute to Non-Executable Memory something to do with potential malicious user attack The newest one I got which was today mentioned something about a Faulty Driver and a Kernal Stack but on my device manager no driver updates were found during the scan My friend suggested this forum and tried to guide me through it so yeah Any help is much appreciated for the good of my Laptop xD P S I attached the Zip file P S S My Base Score is in the Windows Experience thing which is for my Gaming Graphics

A:Multiple BSODs, Random Occurences, Multiple Error Codes

Hello and welcome to Sevenforums.

Things we need
A nfo file

Quote:
To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

BSOD Analyse

Update these(this) driver

Code:
Afc.sys Wed Jul 12 07:48:20 2006 (44B48D24)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 17:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
archlp.sys Fri Feb 6 13:39:29 2009 (498C2F81)
bcmwl664.sys Wed Jul 8 02:45:04 2009 (4A53EC10)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 14:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
hcwhdpvr.sys Wed Mar 7 16:03:30 2012 (4F5778C2)
igdkmd64.sys Fri Jun 3 22:34:06 2011 (4DE9453E)
intelppm.sys Tue Jul 14 01:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
MpFilter.sys Fri Mar 9 12:05:26 2012 (4F59E3F6)
yk62x64.sys Mon Sep 28 10:19:31 2009 (4AC07193)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Afc.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=archlp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bcmwl664.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hcwhdpvr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=yk62x64.sys
Summary

Code:
**************************Sun Aug 26 22:47:31.235 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d89640d5c0, b3b7465ee8bda516, fffff80002e73c10, 1}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Aug 26 22:27:07.259 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck C4, {91, 0, fffffa80036f8660, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4874 )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Aug 26 22:11:25.971 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck FC, {fffff880081cdf70, 8000000038be1963, fffff880081cdc70, 2}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!xxxCreateWindowStation+6bf )
the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.
**************************Sun Aug 26 21:40:28.740 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d898141616, b3b7465eea90e56c, fffff80002e71c80, 1}
**************************Sun Aug 26 09:30:26.511 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d89848d7ba, b3b7465eeac5a710, fffff80002f3f2c0, 1}
**************************Sun Aug 26 08:18:15.268 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff80002d8faff, fffff88007922a00, 0}
Run Memtest86+

Combining your crash dumps and the general view of BSODs culprits, I'd suggest you to have a look at your memory, the sticks. Through decades people have been using the bootable tool called Memtest86+ and it's basically very unique in these manners.
Be sure to check your warranty rules and regulations before opening your case.
* Memtest86+ is USB-ready, and can be booted directly from it. Dow... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249200-multiple-bsods-random-occurences-multiple-error-codes.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello All- I am part of team of people who are experiencing a weird issue that we cannot seem to pin point the root cause of So far the only commonality between the computers seems to be Windows and LabTech Software I personally have seen the issue occur on of because Multiple Unknown Win Networks Multiple Crashing Issue on Computers separate computers It happens when you reboot Multiple Computers on Multiple Networks Crashing because of Unknown Win Issue the machine However we have a large network on machines on various clients and we are noticing the issue Multiple Computers on Multiple Networks Crashing because of Unknown Win Issue on a certain percentage of our clients and then a certain percentage of their machines It does not appear to be spreading but it has affected a great number of computers One of the computers was unable to install windows updates NET seemed to have been turned off unable to turn it on event viewer was inaccessible restoring windows worked the first few times and now the restore will not even work that computer is hosed after experiencing the crash times Another computer which I am currently on is still repairing and rebooting into windows I rebooted into a restore point from yesterday morning after the crash The user used the computer all day yesterday without issue We decided that we would use it to perform some test on I booted it into safe mode and ran an MBAM scan I found threats and attempted to remove them necessary reboot computer would not boot up necessary restore tried to remove malware bytes which was still there but could not downloaded a removal tool recommended by MBAM removed program reboot necessary computer would not boot up necessary restore I have had to restore the computer back to the same point in time several times now and can't seem to find a cause ran a rootkit scan came back fine I am going to reboot the computer again now that I have been on it for a little while and see if needs to restored again We have seen Microsoft office try and install updates computer is hosed upon reboot Windows updates has tried to install updates on some of the machines computer is hosed Windows complains that it is running out of resources on some of the machines hosed repair of most of the machines comes back saying that the ACPI sys file is corrupt We have reached out to Microsoft and they aren't sure what is going on either They did some debugging and found that sys files were missing from one of the machines in question most of the machines are running SEP but not all of them I have seen an Error involving Microsoft Office xc e and similar errors The symptoms appear to be wide spread at this point and are tough to narrow down We have tried virus scans check disks reaching out to Symantec MS etc I could really use some guidance here and would appreciate any help some is willing to provide As for Labtech which people here are quick to assume is the culprit because its the only commonality We don't use it to patch and we don't use it to script I have reached out to their support system and they have never heard of this issue either thank you for taking the time to read this I will promptly respond to whomever decides to help me out thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594240/multiple-computers-on-multiple-networks-crashing-because-of-unknown-win-issue/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey,

I have a word document that is 36 pages long. On several pages of the document I have to put in the same information, which is very time consuming. Is there a way that I can type in what I need and have it automatically appear everywhere else I need that information to be in the document? Any help would be greatly appreciated and a huge time saver.

A:Word 2007 - Multiple entries in a multiple page document

There may be a macro that would do what you want, but I don't know anything about using them. Cut and Paste would be faster than retyping the info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-multiple-entries-in-a-multiple-page-document.1074461/
Relevancy 32.68%

Last couple weeks i've been having a large amount of bluescreens including but not limited to bccodes d e a and a Last night it also multiple BCCodes, does Multiple BSODs, safe happen mode. not in froze two or times with Multiple BSODs, multiple BCCodes, does not happen in safe mode. no bluescreen I recently upgraded my Phenom Biostar A E and GB of DDR - with an i - k an MSi P S-C and GB of DDR - The problems didn't start with the hardware upgrade just escalated Yesterday I formatted my HDD and did a clean install of windows in hopes that my problems were just driver conflicts so as of now i only have crash dumps e d and a e and a in BlueScreenView only show ntoskrnl as the culprit and no other drivers d points at both ntfs sys and ntoskrnl A couple of the old crash dumps pre-format were citing nVidia and DirectX drivers I've put my RAM through hrs of memtest testing and used the windows memory diagnostic and the memory test in my BIOS I also checked my PSU voltages with a multimeter all of them check out My graphics card is moody and sometimes artifacts heavily in games sometimes works fine Temperatures are not an issue My GPU gets to about C in games and C in furmark torture testing without crashing my CPU sits around C idle - load - in p without crashing specs Intel Core i - k stock cooler and clock x GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR - MSi P S-C mobo ZOTAC nVidia GTS MB Plextor PX- SA dvdrw drive WD Caviar Blue GB HDD Antec EA- PSU Windows Ultimate x

A:Multiple BSODs, multiple BCCodes, does not happen in safe mode.

(The problems didn't start with the hardware upgrade, just escalated.)

so you changed out your motherboard/cpu/memory and did a clean reinstall of windows. so the only things left are video card/harddrive or power. have you updated your video card drivers? also try running chkdsk on the harddrive.

scrooge

btw i love that screen name

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204435-multiple-bsods-multiple-bccodes-does-not-happen-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 32.25%
Q: Routers

is there a few routers that perform well with vista?

A:Routers

I use D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless 108G Gaming Router with Vista and it works flawlessly. The real issue is going to be the wireless card in your computer. Netgear cards don't seem to work for me but D-Links does.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101924/routers/
Relevancy 32.25%

I posted some questions in this forum yesterday and received some very helpful advice I now have a couple more questions that I hope you can Routers with More help help me with If I buy a router I currently run each of my PCs using its own individual Thomson Speedtouch modem do I still need modems at all If so will my existing Speedtouch modems be O K Would I have to connect to the router with a modem from each PC or just have one modem between router and phone connection More help with Routers I read somewhere that I require an Ethernet modem but I am not sure as to whether this is what I already have or whether I need to buy a new one presumably should I get a wireless router I can connect to it with a cable and it doen t mean that I have to have a wireless enabled PC However if I enable each PC for wireless using a internal card or external unit they will then all be recognised by the router and connect to the net even if they are in other locations around my home Is that about correct nbsp

A:More help with Routers

Wow! You're paying for two internet connections??

Anyway..

What you need is an "ADSL Router" aka "ADSL modem router" (such as : http://www.misco.co.uk/applications...?EdpNo=255117&sourceid=2459&CAWELAID=84122271)

the phoneline you connect into your usb speedtouch modem, you will contact into this router. you will get a cd with the router, follow all the steps on the cd (including entering your adsl username and password)

you can then connect network cables from your router into both pcs, or choose to go wireless. you can be wired from one pc, and wireless with the other. both wired or both wireless, its up to you. (usb wireless adapters suhc as: http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=240437)

if you choose to go wireless you need wireless adapters, if you are not savvy with installing components into a pc, you can buy usb wireless adapters.

hope that helped!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/more-help-with-routers.646896/
Relevancy 32.25%
Q: Routers

I'm using a desk-top pc. I want to get a router. What should I get in the way of "wired or wireless". I use a dsl connection. What is the best way to go? What speed or type should I be looking for? Are there any hidden items I should know about Pro or con etc. What is G or N type? Does a wired router need password protection like wireless does?
Bruce

Relevancy 32.25%

I know this subject might be flogged to death but a friend of mine who lives in the country has sattelite for his ISP. He is looking for a high end router to meet his current and future needs. I am suggesting either the Linksys WRT610N or the Linksys Wireless N Dual Band Router (E3200-CA) or the Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N Router (RT-N56U). His current ISP told him to not buy any Linsys routers as the IP address for the ISP and router are the same. His current needs are good coverage as he lives in the country....no cell service!!, two laptops and one old desktop. In the future he would like to hook up his laptop to his HD t.v. and do some gaming...probably NFL games. Any more suggestions would be very helpful.

Espressoguy

A:too many routers

The default LAN address of a router may conflict with the IP address used by the satellite receiver's LAN IP address. That should not be a big problem since most routers will allow you to set up the router address and IP range to another set of numbers. You would lose those settings if the router was reset for any reason.

Why are you mentioning no cell service. Wireless routers do not depend on any kind of cell service. The built in antennas on most routers are good for a couple of hundred feet of coverage distance. What kind of distances are you talking about between the different computers and the proposed location of the wireless router?

Most desktop computers do not come with a WiFi interface but do come with a wired Ethernet port these days. You can either use a wired connection from the desktop to the router or add a Wireless card or Wireless USB dongle for a wireless connection.

Connecting a laptop to the TV would most likely involve a direct video connection from the laptop to the TV. Trying to run real time video over a LAN may give poor results and may have too much lag for gaming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/too-many-routers.1008337/
Relevancy 32.25%

Current setup:

Comcast Static IP
Cable modem w/ WLAN router, 1 port, & DHCP
| |
192.168.0.2 192.168.0.3
Vonage phone Computer 1 - wireless
modem w/ 4-port
LAN router & DHCP
| \
192.168.15.2 192.168.15.3
Computer 2 Computer 3

Problem: Internet and phone work but computer 1 can't see other computers.

Goal: Would like all devices on a single LAN, e.g., 192.168.0.x, so they can access shared files and printers.

I understand that bridging or disabling one DHCP server might be options, but am unsure of how to do this correctly and successfully.

Any help?

Thanks!!

A:Want LAN with 2 routers

Whichever one you want to use as a bridge, it should be in the options on the admin setup page of that router.
I believe you should be able to set that one up to receive an IP address from the main router which should be set to deliver addresses via DHCP.
Are all your pc's going to be wireless? Guess not, otherwise you'd just need the one router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-lan-with-2-routers.86605/
Relevancy 32.25%
Q: routers

I need a new wireless router. We have four devices that would connect to it. Which one or ones would
you recommend?

A:routers

you have this marked solved - have you now purchased a router ?

any router would cope with 4 devices - you need to make sure its the correct type of router - are you connecting to a modem or do you want the router to replace a modem - is it DSL/ADSL or cable

often the ISP will provide a wireless router and in most cases free - certainly if you talk about changing ISPs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers.1080259/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi Im a total noob when it comes to this kind of thing Here is the issue Im having The building Im in currently has Broadband fitted but was at a very low speed I phoned my provider SKY who boosted the line but said we should be 2 Using Routers getting full speed as we are Using 2 Routers really close to the exchange I live in a large building with other people all using the net xboxes The guy at SKY Who was really helpful and knew his stuff pointed out that we were maybe not plugged into the main phone port This was new to me as I assumed all phone lines into a building were evenly matched I then searched the whole building and found what I think to be as it has a dividing line like he mentioned on Using 2 Routers the front plate the main phone port into the building Unfortunately its on the very top floor Right I am currently getting everyone to buy some homeplug s to limit the insane amount of cables here and mine works fine and Im actually living on the top floor The problem is some of us need the wireless on the bottom floor this will not reach the main phone port on the top Using 2 Routers floor which is where I will have to plug in the router What would be the best way to extend the wireless or fit something to allow these people to use the wireless Can routers be used on different floors using different adsl into the phone lines Or is there something to purchase that can do this job I hope this makes sense to you as its the only way I could think to describe it nbsp

A:Using 2 Routers

It looks like you're kinda tossing a few different issues together under the heading of: Trying to get my apartments' network set up; don't want to run a lot of wires (so, I'm considering Homeplugs), and there needs to be at least some wireless in it.

Based on some of the information in the last bit of your post, it appears as though you have aDSL. Presuming this is the case, it shouldn't be 'necessary' to plug directly into the phone panel. Usually, the phone company will supply in-line filters that can be used to filter out the extra noise for DSL. Kinda surprised that SKY wouldn't have said anything about that, but sometimes they will presume stuff. So, may want to look into that. If you do have some filters, then that should make placement of the router a bit easier; otherwise, they may be able to send you some. Either way, the rest should stand on its own.

When it comes to the Homeplugs, I haven't been able to locate any specific information about it, but some conversations which happened in these forums were specific. There are a lot of differences as to how it will work that are dependent on the region in which you're located. Not as a matter of your location, but how they wire houses where you are. Apparently, in the US, it's possible that not everyone in the house will be able to access the same homeplug network. There are a LOT of posts on this subject in the forums here, so you may want to research that a bit.

As far as connecting two routers directly into the phone lines, can't do it. DSL lines are configured to only allow one connection. You will have to find some way to get the signal from upstairs, through one access point. ==>

<== This can definitely be done, provided you have the right equipment. Presuming it's a wireless router upstairs, then.... REPEATERS: Take an existing wireless signal, boost it, and rebroadcast it. Frequently used in a similiar situation where the wireless signal isn't quite strong enough to get a reliable connection when you're relatively far away from (or there's a lot of material between you and) the main router. OTHER ROUTERS: Some routers have the capability of acting in purely client mode or in client/rebroadcast mode. Dependent upon the second router's capabilities, you would then either plug directly into it, or connect to it via wireless, maybe even both. I can't necessarily recommend one of these over the other, as the only one I've actually configured is the 'OTHER ROUTERS' option, but my understanding is that they work very similarly.

I've probably raised more questions than I've answered, so just keep 'em coming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-2-routers.1019742/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'd like to set up a VPN on my home network, but I don't want to run the software on one of the computers. I've seen ads for Cisco VPN routers, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them. The low-end models start around $150. Do those devices really have built-in VPN functionality that allows for external VPN connectivity? I only need this for 1 or 2 simultaneous connections.

I've tried combing through documentation and FAQ sheets, but I'm not sure if the functionality I want just isn't there, or if it's so obvious that they don't feel the need to spell it out.

A:VPN Routers

Which router model are you looking in to? Yes, the RV line of routers do have VPN capability. I haven't configured one before so I can't speak to how well it works. I have configured Netgear FVS routers and they work quite well. I don't know which VPN technology you want to use but all of them require some client software whether it be an installed client or configuring a built in one within the OS in question. The only true clientless VPN technology out there is SSL VPNs. And the chances of a SOHO/SMB router having this feature is pretty slim. The two appliances I know that have this are the Cisco ASA 5505 which provides 2 concurrent sessions by default or the Netgear SSL VPN concentrator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-routers.1033308/