Windows Support Forum

New monitor issues with graphics Card

Q: New monitor issues with graphics Card

HD monitor monitor graphics Card with issues New is is an HPwide I installed its drivers My Graphics card is an ATI Radeon I think is the model the other computer is an Nvidia graphics card The monitor is connected with a KVM to both computers I updated the graphics drivers and the Nvidia seems to work New monitor issues with graphics Card but I can not use the MY HP porgram to configure the monitor so basically I can not fine tune the monitor to my liking it will run New monitor issues with graphics Card the HP tuning program but New monitor issues with graphics Card the options to change the settings are greyed out on the ATI machine basically the settings reset everytime I turn on the computer It is like they do not get memorized or something Using this computer for music production it causes isses with certain programs when i have to reset the resolution every time When the computer starts the resolution is huge and bubble pops up saying the computer is not optimized yadda yadda Do i need better graphics cards Maybe that is the issue I am just not sure nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-monitor-issues-with-graphics-card.609375/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New monitor issues with graphics Card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.26%

I've just bought a DELL 2209WA, which I'm running on a Radeon 9250 128mb card and XP. I know the card is an antique, but I don't game and only need it for processing photos (I'm a professional photogrpaher).

I was under the impression the card should run this at full res, but I can only get 1280 out of it with the newest drivers installed. I've since tried the Omega v3.8.252 and this hasn't helped.

Any ideas? I'll get a new card if necessary, but would prefer to just get this sorted.

Relevancy 78.26%

...and i'm pulling my hair out now at this point. I've tried two different video cards, same model (but the only type available) neither one works... and yes I had them both in nice and snug and fully plugged in. I don't know what to do now. Please help!

Relevancy 78.26%

one problem after another i just recently purchased a new HD tv monitor the screen works perfectly with my ps and stuff however when i connect my ONBOARD VGA CARD Nvidia Geforce to the screen it will work perfect until i pass the windows xp loading screen then the screen goes all funny and then it disconnects i then purchased Card Issues! Monitor Graphics New New a new graphics card geforce gt to solve this issue i also needed to upgrade i connected my card to New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues! the PCI-E slot but still i get a blank screen the card dont load i tried installing the drivers from the actual CD but New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues! i get prompt New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues! saying my chipset is to old the thing is ive borrowed the same graphics card before and it worked on my system perfectly i even installed the drivers from the nvidia website and still no hope ive updated my motherboard nforce xx and still no hope ive managed to get my onboard card working with my new monitor but the windows is to large and if i change the resolution then my monitor stops working and disconnects with my pc i have GB DDR RAM Nvidia Geforce Onboard which im using now Nvidia Geforce GT Dont Work Nforce Motherboard AMD GHZ Ferguson FullHD Monitor this is really bugging me any one help nbsp

A:New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues!

I would suggest you try (while using the on-board card), connecting to the internet; going to the manufacturers website of your video card and downloading/installing the most recent drivers. Then, disable your on-board video in Device manager, and shutdown your computer. Attach the 9500GT and restart your computer; allowing Windows to detect and install it.

You may also want to go into your BIOS and disable on-board video prior to booting back into Windows with the 9500GT.

See if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-monitor-new-graphics-card-issues.948539/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum/site, and would like to pose a question. Recently I received a Samsung 943BWX 19" LCD monitor. It has 2 screen image modes (Auto and Wide). The Auto setting's display does not "fill" the screen (black borders on L & R sides). The Wide setting is like kind of "stretched" looking. My main concern is the graphics, mainly text. Lettering is not completely "black". My current display settings are 1028 x 728 @ High (24 Bit). Maybe I need some guidance in dialing in the proper display settings or would a switch from analog signal to DVI make my situation better I should mention all my machine has is the integrated video (VGA) connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gateway 300SE (2002),1.2GHz, 512MB RAM
Intel 82815 Graphics Controller
Intel Celeron Processor

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all I ve read Issues: Screen Monitor/Graphics Goes in XP Card Blank through a number of topics with seemingly similar problems to mine but none of them quite match my own issue The issue is that the monitor frequently goes blank during start Monitor/Graphics Card Issues: Screen Goes Blank in XP up During the initial boot it is fine and the problem starts when the XP login screen appears From this point right through until everything has seemingly stopped loading during start up the screen will go blank after approximately seconds If Monitor/Graphics Card Issues: Screen Goes Blank in XP I turn the monitor off and on again it will display the image again before going blank It doesn t seem to happen during every boot though it will do it more often than not it will also do the same after logging out and logging in to another account and if the computer has been left idle for some time I m running a custom build PC on Windows XP Home SP The graphics card is a GeForce GT and I installed new drivers yesterday in an attempt to solve this problem It hasn t worked and I m apprehensive to go through with some of the suggestions in other topics with similar problems in case they do damage The monitor is an old Dell quot LCD I ve no idea on the model but it s YO Any advice on how to approach this one would be great nbsp

A:Monitor/Graphics Card Issues: Screen Goes Blank in XP

Howdy,

I know a friend who had the same issue ...it was with a GeForce 7900 GT.......when he upgrade the video card the problem went away.......funny thing is I tried his Video card in my PC and it did the same thing...Blackout for a few seconds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-graphics-card-issues-screen-goes-blank-in-xp.949679/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 64.5%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 62.35%

Today I got a new samsung 27" monitor and whenever I run a game the monitor will shut off then back on about every 15-20 seconds. I have a DVI to VGA (VGA into the CPU and DVI into the monitor) plugged in, and am using a 1920x1080 resolution. I have tried lowering the resolution to 1280x720 and it still shuts off. my old monitor is an 18.5" and it runs perfectly on my CPU. my CPU is an HP Compaq 8000 Elite USFF Desktop Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz 8GB 250GB w/ Win 7. I am not a big computer guy, and cant tell if this is because of my CPU graphics card not being able to handle the high resloution or the Monitor itself. all help is appreciated. thanks

A:monitor shutting off not sure if its my graphics card or the monitor

Try un-plugging PC and monior, and then re-plugging.
Then load defaults in BIOS.
Check if monitor is still being detected as the old one.

New monitor, can be defected, try on another PC/laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/374472-monitor-shutting-off-not-sure-if-its-my-graphics-card-monitor.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP -UD It does not appear to have card? graphics monitor Add third - an quot on-board quot vga My graphics card is a GeForce GT I am using both digital outputs for the two monitors present My monitors are a pair of Asus VS H-P I am not a gamer but Add third monitor - graphics card? do appreciate a crisp display I mainly run general business programs such as word processor and spreadsheet internet browser email and sometimes enjoy watching a movie or video I wish to add a third monitor Two questions- Would using my old Acer P w be a mistake in the long run in that I can get another Asus VS for under What would the least expensive graphics adapter solution be that would maintain comparable quality I'm afraid I have been away from tech for too long and am a bit on the penny-pinching side right now I suspect that I should purchase the new third monitor but am completely lost when it comes to the adapter card- Thank-you very much for your consideration and expertise

A:Add third monitor - graphics card?

I'm not personally into multiple monitors. (My main system uses a 28" UHD one.)

This card looks like it'd work:

EVGA GeForce GT 710 DirectX 12 02G-P3-2717-KR 2GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card - Newegg.com

(eVGA GT 710). I suggest replacing the old Acer since it only does 1680X1050. With a third VS228H-P. you'd need a cable that works with the min HDMI port on the card. There are cheaper GT 7XX cards, but I'm not sure whether any support monitors.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/42582-add-third-monitor-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an HP Envy Desktop 750-114 and an HP V242h monitor. Colors, etc. on the monitor are flat, dull and almost gray. It's been like this since we got the computer about a year ago. I tweaked the contrast, etc., on the monitor and it's a little better, but still not great. So, do I need a new graphics card for the computer, or a new monitor? I'm afraid if I buy a new monitor, it'll be the same, dull and flat. If a new graphics card is needed, what would be a good one, and would I need a new power supply? My son does like to do gaming, so one that is good for gaming would be preferred. Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Do-I-need-a-new-monitor-or-graphics-card/td-p/5797770
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all, new here.
I recently purchased a Chimei 22 inch wide screen monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer the images aren't really all that great, with the small text being blurry. When I try to change my display settings there is no option for 1680 x 1050. Is this because of my graphics card? How do I find out if my graphics card will support this monitor? Did I make a bad purchase?
Any help appreciated.

A:New monitor and graphics card???

First off, don't set the Monitor to the MAX.
Why because if your Video Card can't go that high you won't be able to use 1680x1050. In this case replace video card.

What video card are you using? This is not onboard video, better not be?

1. Go into Windows Control Panel and click on Display
2. Select Appearance Tab
3. Click on Effects
4. Check box: Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts
5. Go from Standard to ClearType (for LCD Monitors)
6. Go into Settings
7. Click Advance
8. Click on Adapter then on List all Modes

In the List all Modes you'll see how high your video card can go. Don't worry about refresh rates with LCD monitors. Those are for CRT tube.

Word of caution
Make sure Color quality is set to Highest (32-bit)
Don't max out your video card to support the LCD panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-monitor-and-graphics-card.75100/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have recently bought a AOC spectrum moniter. Now when i play games, or play video clips, the images are blocky. There were ok with my old 15 inch moniter. I have a 16mb Vodoo 3 card. Unfortuanatly i got the pc second hand, and have no instructions. Is there any thing i need to adjust on my card to improve the graphics? I am using an AMD K6500 pc, 128mb Thanks for your help

A:Monitor/Graphics card

did you install the new monitor .inf file. Check and make sure under display that the monitor in recognized correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-graphics-card.35028/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hope this is the correct Forum. I want to buy an LCD Monitor Samsung Syncmaster 205bw -20inches or 225bw-22inches wide screen. Their native resolution is 1680x1050
My Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE
Does my card support a wide screen, also can I get/use the Native resolution with no problems ?
I am not a Gamer but do a lot of Image editing with Elements 4 & 5
Thanks Jester2

A:LCD Monitor & Graphics card

Single-Link DVI Support
Able to drive flat-panel displays up to and including 1600x1200. ( nvidia website )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-graphics-card.569029/
Relevancy 60.2%

replaced the stock fan on nvidia 6600gt graphics card and i can't get the monitor to come on. fan and all other components work but no monitor. reseated the card a couple of times but no go. any ideas? i'm sure i hooked everything up right.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I am currently looking to buy a new pc for office use and the three main criteria are- The pc can handle or monitors connected to it It can comfortably operate several programs open at the same time using typical office applications email word excel pdf browser etc I want to have the 3+ up? Which monitor a for set card graphics programs open on several screens at the same time for convenience and time saving The total cost is reasonable I have been talking to Dell about taking one of their Precision systems a T with a xeon chip Ghz GB Ram Vista Business x and to be Which graphics card for a 3+ monitor set up? connected to of their quot S W Full HD monitors The salesman initially quoted for using the MB Nvidia Quadro FX card I later asked and i m not sure why i did this if he could confirm that this card is suitable He later wrote back that this card was probably not suitable after all and that i should go with the more expensive amp MB Nvidea Quadro NVS card So my question is is the FX adequate or not If anyone can offer advice i d be most gratefull thank you nbsp

A:Which graphics card for a 3+ monitor set up?

... Honestly. **** Dell.

For running 4 monitors, you need:
a ~120€ motherboard (high quality costs a little extra)
a ~70-150-200 € CPU
a pair of ~30 € graphics cards.
Where do you live?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphics-card-for-a-3-monitor-set-up.833070/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a compaq computer(Athlon 64 3500+) that has a built in graphics card. I was looking into throwing in a XFX GeForce 7600GS 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card (Dual DVI S-Video). I have a pci-e slot open so I know that isn't going to be a problem. The only thing I am worried about is that this new graphics card isn't going to have a vga output, which is the only connection my monitor has. Will I still be able to plug my monitor into the original vga output slot while using my new graphics card? If not, does anybody know how well a dvi to vga adapter works?

Thanks for the help!

A:New Graphics Card = New Monitor?

wileymiester said:

I have a compaq computer(Athlon 64 3500+) that has a built in graphics card. I was looking into throwing in a XFX GeForce 7600GS 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card (Dual DVI S-Video). I have a pci-e slot open so I know that isn't going to be a problem. The only thing I am worried about is that this new graphics card isn't going to have a vga output, which is the only connection my monitor has. Will I still be able to plug my monitor into the original vga output slot while using my new graphics card? If not, does anybody know how well a dvi to vga adapter works?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

yeah you just use an adapter to the new card, if you bought retail box t should have come with one.

http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/51/90ef7954-cfd3-11d6-a106-00805fbbb715.gif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-new-monitor.537102/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Thanks in advance for any help you may provide I have a P K VM motherboard with one PCI-Express slot and integrated graphics using the G chipset VGA out I also have a ATI with dual DVI out And I have old PCI VGA card using the standard windows vga driver OS Windows EDIT Windows apparently support multiple display drivers using WDDM Awesome From HERE Two monitors on the not an issue In bios Monitor PCI-e, - & Integrated PCI Triple Issues Graphics - graphics options are IGD PCI IGD PCI PEG PEG PCI PEG IDG I am assuming IGD - integrated PCI - PCI PEG - Triple Monitor - PCI-e, PCI & Integrated Graphics - Issues PCIeXpress The only one that works properly is the PEG PCI PEG IGD first option Although from memory Triple Monitor - PCI-e, PCI & Integrated Graphics - Issues IGD works without any cards in With PCI as the first option it works sort of i e the monitor connected to the pci card shows the POST stage then goes a bit funny in windows like unsupported driver funny but to be expected on the ati or default win driver When it is set to PEG PCI the vga adapter shows in device manager but has - quot The device cannot start code quot The monitor does not turn on during POST Using the IGD options do not work either How do I get the three monitors to function properly if no two sources show up during POST them I ts not even to do with the drivers yet Does each graphic adpater need to use the same driver I do not want to use the triple monitor device as I wish to have each monitor independant Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/triple-monitor-pci-e-pci-integrated-graphics-issues.857218/
Relevancy 59.34%

My new graphics card (nvidia geforce 6200a, AGP) arrived not long ago, and today I installed it, but there appears to be a problem... my monitor isn't working. When I first put the graphics card in and turned the computer on, the monitor was just flashing orange. I then turned the monitor power off for about 20 seconds and turned it back on and then my monitor was permanently green, but nothing whatsoever. I have onboard graphics too if that's revelant. My monitor is also very old but has worked perfectly fine before.

A:New graphics card - monitor not working :(

Take the board out and see if onboard graphics works. If it does, start up windows and uninstall your onboard graphics drivers. Also look in the BIOS Setup for an Init Display First (PCI or AGP) and set it to AGP. Power off and reinstall your new card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-monitor-not-working.535102/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to install an ATI rage fury 128 pro graphics card. When I finish installing it, my monitor goes nuts. I get three(3) of everything and my Icons have no color(show white) I have a CTX monitor which works fine with a 3D Yamaha card. Can anyone help me with this ? Is it the Monitor, the card, or what? I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card. Until I did that I just got a black screen on the monitor. I realize this isn't the greatest card in the world, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on another card and find out it won't work either. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:graphics card/monitor problem

First thing to check is does your mobo support it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-monitor-problem.144681/
Relevancy 59.34%

I installed a new graphics card to my PC and it's using a DVI-I to VGA adapter and it's connected with a VGA (Yes, it IS a DVI-I) When I connect it using that the computer turns on, the monitor turns on, and there is nothing displayed on the monitor. The GPU (gigabyte gtx 770 4gb) is in correctly, I've checked many times. I tried using the mobo graphics and when I do, the monitor stays off and I hear one long beep and 2 short beeps. Whenever my PC turns on the light that shows it's 'loading' goes off after a few seconds and a quick tap of the power switch will shut it off completely. I'm so confused as to what to do and afraid I screwed everything up. I think it's a PSU problem but can't be sure. It's more than enough watts as well.

A:Monitor not turning on with new graphics card

Have you check your memory. To make sure it is still seated. Sometimes it can get jarred loose. When installing other computer parts .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-turning-on-with-new-graphics-card.198928/
Relevancy 59.34%

i just bought a quot FIC Powered by ATI XT MB Video Card quot from pcdirect com It hasnt worked once since i took it out of the box As soon as i plug the monitor into it the monitor goes black and the power light turns orange instead of green I plugged my old nvidia geforce FX in and everything works fine I thought maybe it was a driver issue but shouldnt the Blank Graphics Monitor = Card New monitor still work I was on the phone with a dell tech guy for two hours trying EVERYTHING including pulling out the New Graphics Card = Blank Monitor motherboard battery to clear its memory or something like that anyway does any have an idea as to why this isnt working or is it just defective thanks in advance i have to get to school so i wont be able to reply until later tonight o and add this to the equation i just tryed to put it into my year old Dell and it works FINE The other ocmputer is a year old Dell WTF this c auses me to believe that its not a defect but infact something with the monitor It goes into a power sleep mode everytime it connects so it must be Its a dell flatscreen nbsp

A:New Graphics Card = Blank Monitor

nymb: I don't know much about flat screen monitors, but I do know that they have a native resolution and trying to run them on a different resolution can give you problems. Could this be your problem?

I get from your post that you have 2 computers and 2 monitors. The card will not work on the 4600 with the flat screen, but it will work on the 4100 with a different monitor. Will the card work on the 4600 with the monitor from the 4100?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-blank-monitor.302398/
Relevancy 59.34%

hello guys im not really that experienced with this sort of thing but i have a basic and general understanding of computers and how they work. well my problem seems to be coming form my computer itself i have these pink block like lines on the screen running vertically down my monitor and it is covering every thing so i cant see whats behind them :/ i have tried using a different monitor and even my tv and it does the same thing i also have tried another cable from monitor to pc but to no avail :/ any helpful tips and advice would be much appreciated guys thanks for your time

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I've been having a whole bunch of problems with my AMD Radeon HD graphics card and my Dell monitor which I don't know the model of To start off my PC started to overheat Issue Monitor & Card Graphics and shut down every so often so I opened it up and cleaned everything out to my surprise it actually worked While I was cleaning it Monitor & Graphics Card Issue I removed my GPU and removed the dust from the fan as well then I put it back in again Then yesterday morning I woke up and powered on the PC the fans and everything else was working with it However there was no display on the monitor it just kept going into some sort of 'Power Saving' mode I checked the GPU and the fan was working fine but I still thought it was the GPU so I was planning on buying one after Christmas Then just now I remembered that I have a working PC in another room so I hooked it up to the monitor and plugged everything in and powered it on but there was no display on the monitor it just did the same thing and went into the power saving mode again The GPU in this PC is integrated however my new PC is separate So basically I want to know what the problem is and how I should solve it Should I go ahead and buy a new GPU for my PC or should I buy a new monitor Is it the monitor GPU Thank you I hope to get a reply soon

A:Monitor & Graphics Card Issue

Hello HazzaB,

I would be surprised if it was the monitor. The other PC you mentioned connecting it to, does that have it's own monitor? If yes, can you try that monitor on your main PC?

How are you connecting the monitor? VGA or DVI cable? Can you try a different cable?

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/315845-monitor-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

It seems that when I turn on my computer or wake it up from a sleep the image on the screen is vibrating / quivering ever so slightly. However after a minute the image has completely stabilized.

My monitor is a xerox XA7 lcd display which is now 7 years old. My graphics card is a secondhand nVidia GeForce 8600 GT.

What's interesting is that I have an LED TV hooked up to the HDMI out on the graphics card and the image on the TV is always perfect.

So is it my xerox monitor that is failing? Or could it be that just the DVI on the graphics card is failing and the HDMI is fine?

Thanks for your expertise!

A:Either my monitor or graphics card is failing... but which is it?

Duncan,
Can you borrow a friends monitor and test it with your card? Also make and un-make the connections to the card to the monitor to clean and refresh their connections and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212498-either-my-monitor-graphics-card-failing-but.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Today when I got home from work I turned on my monitor I turn it off every evening before bed and saw that the screen had expanded about inch or so and the outer row of graphics card Monitor or problem? my Monitor or graphics card problem? icons were off-screen Same thing with any windows I opened which are aligned with the corners Huh I checked the system temperature all OK and pulled the cover to check that the video card fan is running it is I am running an iiyama quot CRT monitor with a GEForce Nvidia LE video card I then turned the computer off and then rebooted No change here but notice that the monitor is flickering and the image grows brighter amp then darker repeatedly the display almost looks rubbery I tried changing the screen resolution no change to problem I tried changing the refresh rate down from hz to hz no change in problem I manually adjusted the resolution by shrinking the horizontal amp vertical sizes using the monitor manual controls in a few minutes the screen grew back outside the physical borders of the monitor I have now adjusted the screen size with a full inch of black space around the borders I can use the monitor now but it makes me dizzy as it flickers and grows brighter darker I tried banging on the monitor but that didn t do anything So is the problem the monitor or the video card What else can I do check to isolate this to one or the other I don t have a spare monitor to play with nbsp

A:Monitor or graphics card problem?

I would say its the monitor.

Have another PC, graphics card? A friend with a PC and a monitor?

If its No,no,no, then I would go to my local PC shop and ask them to tell you which one it is for sure, and then buy what you need to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-or-graphics-card-problem.460077/
Relevancy 59.34%

No signal on monitor when installing new Graphics card I have just bought a new Graphics card Radeon HD to replace my old one Radeon x series the problem starts when I insert my new Graphics card into my comp I get a no signal on my monitor through the graphics card or the vga slot on my comp while the new one is in place signal card new monitor on graphics no so I can t install the drivers to set it up yet when I take it out and re install the older card everything is fine I have tried unisttalling my drivers for my old card and then inserting my new card to see if there was a conflict there but no signal on monitor new graphics card to no avail the same thing happens I an running a HP pavilion a computer with windows ultimate on it and the mother board is a PSLP-LE the is HDMI and the driver disc does support Win can anyone advise me where to go no signal on monitor new graphics card from here as I am stuck Please I have GB ram which is DDR and the new card is a GB DDR would that make a difference

A:no signal on monitor new graphics card

RAM and GPU memory can't be an issue, only compatibility issue could be with PCIe port. eventually but not too probable. If you can't see picture of BIOS, it has nothing to do with drivers (yet). Did you try resetting BIOS/CMOS ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61194-no-signal-monitor-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, recently I bought sapphire 6870 HD graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4102909&cm_re=sapphire-_-14-102-909-_-Product.

I deleted my old drivers and installed 6870 + the new drivers. I was testing the card for about 30 minutes then all of a sudden my computer went black and the fan from the graphics card went loud. When I tried to reboot, monitor wasn't turning on. I tried my 2 old videos card and they seemed to work but not the 6870. I'm wondering if its something I can fix or just get it replaced.

Thank you:

Power Supply: Zumax 750W
Motherboard: Asus M488TD
CPU (AMD): AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz
4 GB Memory
Old Graphics Card: EVGA GT 240 GeForce 1GB

Relevancy 59.34%

Monitor : ViewSonic 19" CRT Graphics Series G90f+

Graphics Card : ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum

NOTE : Drivers are up-to-date and all cables and connections have been visually checked.

PROBLEM

The screen oscillates between a normal colour cast and a slightly yellow colour cast. Oscillations are typically around 1 per second. Sometimes the screen stabilizes for a few hours on either the normal colour cast or the yellow colour cast and then starts oscillating again.

Any suggestions on possible causes would be gratefully received.

TiA

A:Problem with Monitor or Graphics Card

Try it in Safemode and see it has the same problem.

Get to Safemode by tapping F8 on restart about every second and in the option screen use the arrow keys to choose safemode and press Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-monitor-or-graphics-card.525913/
Relevancy 59.34%

I thought I could figure this one out. I need help figuring out what graphics card and monitor I need.

HP Pavilion 061
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, MMX, 3DNow,
Memory: 960MB RAM
Current card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU

I use this computer for logging onto Second Life and want a better graphics card. I will soon be buying a better, larger monitor too.

Mel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-upgrade-and-new-monitor.573107/
Relevancy 59.34%

Problem I turn on my computer the monitor stays black It goes into the same mode that it s in when my computer is off a standby of sorts Monitor/Graphics card woes? It s not getting No Signal - it goes into No Signal mode with the lovely flashing icon if I unplug the cable from the monitor I ve opened up the case - the graphics card Monitor/Graphics card woes? fan is still working nothing in particular I did to break it I left the room it presumably went to sleep and it hasn t woken up I ve swapped in another monitor it gets the same problem All cables are secure and everything has power Here are the specs Windows XP Pro AMD Athlon Megs DDR Asus k SEV deluxe motherboard Zalman CNPS A CPU cooler ATI Radeon Pro Any help that you all could provide would be much appreciated Thanks -Greg I ll be checking these forums Monitor/Graphics card woes? religiously if you need more info or questions answered ask different monitors LCDs CRT have given the same results so I don t think it s the monitor nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm pretty sure it's been narrowed down to my graphics card being bad from the following post: BSOD - Random - Usually When Playing Video

So, I guess I need to buy a new one. Any advice? I currently have two 17" Dell 1280x1024 LCD monitors and a 40" Sony 1920x1080 LCD TV hooked up for watching movies/tv shows. My current card is in my system specs. I just want to be capable of standard tasks on the two 17's and 1080p video on the 40 at the cheapest possible.

Thanks

A:Need new graphics card for 3 monitor setup

I recommend anything made by EVGA, preferably something in the 700 or 900 series.

A 750 Ti would be a great choice.

http://www.evga.com/default.asp

EVGA - Products - EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti w/ EVGA ACX Cooling - 02G-P4-3755-KR

Could you please let us know your make and model of power supply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/369631-need-new-graphics-card-3-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

When I go to my device manager and look under Monitors I see Generic PnP Monitor, this laptop is a Hp Compaq Pavillion CQ57. Why do I have this generic monitor loaded for my HP monitor?. I think Ive figured out what I need to do, go to device manager and uninstall the monitor entry. I need some advice, is this the correct way to do things, this is supposed to be a HD monitor and I having trouble displaying some HD movies, its been this way for years.

Nick

A:Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver

If your monitor is working ok now I would just leave it be. Right now the setting labeled "Generic PnP Monitor" is probably the "best fit". BTW I have two HD(1920 x 1080) Samsung monitors and they are both listed as Generic PnP Monitor.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/29658-have-i-got-right-graphics-card-monitor-driver.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium x64. I used a dual monitor graphics card in my old computer with Windows XP. Took the card out and install it in my new computer and updated the driver. But, performance is poor. For example I can't use Vista Aero.
I would like to buy a new, relatively inexpensive dual monitor graphics card which is compatible with Vista premium x64. Any suggestions?

A:Dual Monitor graphics card

What card do you have, maybe it's not old.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/157147-dual-monitor-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

HI, Im new to this forum but I really need help.
My computer has been working for quite some time now, about 5 years, and suddenly i turn it on and usually when i turn my computer on, it hums very loudly, beeps, and then starts to come on. Today, I turned my computer on and it just kept on humming and the monitor showed no signal. I then started fooling around with the cables, unplugging and plugging them back in and that didnt work.

So I plugged my monitor into the regular slot on the cpu and the desktop screen came on. Before my monitor was plugged into my graphics card. Now my computer is on but the hum is constant and never stops. What can I do to fix this situation?

A:Problems with cpu, monitor, and graphics card

Whilst it's on, you may decide to backup any important user data (to CD or USB Flash drive; etc)

One of the best options is to open the side panel up, and then listen to where the "humming" is specifically coming from

After turning the computer off, you also may decide to remove all internal dust
Dust on or around electronic components can cause many issues including no post issues

Dust can either be removed by high pressure air (air cans can be purchased) obviously performed outdoors (really a lot of dust can be built up over 5 years, even 6 months!)
Removing all internal dust, could quite possibly fix the issue of humming

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-cpu-monitor-and-graphics-card.121689/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm trying to help a friend out. This is the problem she is having:

"I can turn on screen and the power light just flashes. We tried to hook up another monitor and it would not work either. The screen if turned on will flash occasionally white then all black. Something is not connecting somewhere. Someone suggested it may be the video card."

Or is there something else we should be looking at?

I have been asking about another issue related to this question, but decided this might be the place to begin. That thread is found here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/791490-video-card-computer.html

A:Monitor not working - graphics card??

What is the system itself doing? Aside from the monitor is the computer itself booting up without a hitch? Generally where there is a bad piece of hardware you're going to hear something in the beep codes? Anything? A bad video card will usually stop a system before it starts? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-not-working-graphics-card.792412/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently bought a new graphics card in order to run a few new games I've installed it correctly and it seems to be running fine however when I plug my monitor into it it says out of range then turns black and I'm now at a loss of what to do. Please Help.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I've encountered a problem in recent days concerning Problem? Card Graphics Monitor or either my graphics card or monitor which one Im not sure It all started a yesterday while playing a game of Counter Strike Source I had alt-tabbed ingame and decided to Graphics Card or Monitor Problem? alt-tab back into the game and as i proceeded to do this my computer locked up couldn't move mouse or anything So I proceeded to restart my computer This is where everything went wrong My monitor was not showing any image only a black screen with the Analog Digital box flashing So I tried a few things to see what would resolve this problem Removed all cords plugged them in agian ect Unplugged graphics card then plugged back in agian Restarted PC numerous times Reinstalling drivers I'm using a DVI to VGA cable connecting my graphics card to my monitor if that helps I've also tried plugging another monitor into my graphics card with no result Onboard graphics work fine I don't have another graphics card to test it on In my computers devices it says the video driver is not installed correctly or something along those lines Does anybody have a step by step guide on installing drivers Specs are Intel Q Ghz GB Corsair RAM GB Seagate Hard Drive Leadtek GTX mb Antec Case Samsung BW Thanks in advance

A:Graphics Card or Monitor Problem?

Originally Posted by bwinward

Hello.

I've encountered a problem in recent days concerning either my graphics card or monitor, which one? Im not sure.

It all started a yesterday while playing a game of Counter Strike : Source , I had alt-tabbed ingame and decided to alt-tab back into the game and as i proceeded to do this my computer locked up ... couldn't move mouse or anything.

So I proceeded to restart my computer. This is where everything went wrong. My monitor was not showing any image, only a black screen with the Analog/Digital box flashing.

So I tried a few things to see what would resolve this problem ...
Removed all cords, plugged them in agian ect.Unplugged graphics card then plugged back in agian.Restarted PC numerous times.Reinstalling drivers
I'm using a DVI to VGA cable connecting my graphics card to my monitor, if that helps.

I've also tried plugging another monitor into my graphics card, with no result.

Onboard graphics work fine.

I don't have another graphics card to test it on ...

In my computers devices it says the video driver is not installed correctly or something along those lines?

Does anybody have a step by step guide on installing drivers?

Specs are :

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair RAM
500GB Seagate Hard Drive
Leadtek 8800GTX 768mb
Antec 900 Case
Samsung 226BW

Thanks in advance

can you restart your pc but in safe mode to get back to windows while the 8800GTX is plugged in? or is the computer not even starting properly?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/249155-graphics-card-monitor-problem.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey all,
I've got a bunch of HP Compaq dc5800 and dc6000 small form factors in the office I do IT support for. A couple of the employees have requested the use of multiple monitors, but I quickly discovered that the standard video card in these models does no support this function. I have looked on-line for an appropriate card replacement, but haven't found one that will fit into the compact design of the small form factor PCs.

Does anyone know of a specific make/model of graphics card that will fit? It doesn't need to be super powerful, just capable of running two monitors, (typically they have both a VGA and DVI port).

Thanks for your help.

A:Dual Monitor Graphics Card

Assuming PCI-E something like this would do the trick,

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N84STC-512I Rev2.0 GeForce 8400 GS Supporting up to 512MB(128MB onboard) 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/170791-dual-monitor-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm having a very wierd problem.

Basically when I start my PC up and get to the windows logon screen - my monitor is switching on and off quickly. Like it cannot keep up with a refresh rate. The screen also sometimes goes white.

If I manage to log on to the PC, after the PC has settled the issue stops - so im not sure if it is some odd software causing it or whether it is something to do with the monitor.

I Have a CTX TFT Monitor and a Radeon X800 Pro using the Omega drivers (which I have used for years)

I hadn't upgraded the omega drivers any time before this started, and I have the most up to date drivers now and the issue is still going on.

Any help appreciated,

A:TFT Monitor / Graphics Card - Turning on and Off

Have you tried waiting for the computer to load up, and then turning the monitor on? Try giving it a couple of minutes to make sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tft-monitor-graphics-card-turning-on-and-off.510199/
Relevancy 59.34%

Good morning.

I have just been given a used computer which has a BFG GeForce 7600 graphics card with two
ports, each having three parallel rows of eight receptacles, beside which/at the end of which there is a group of four slightly smaller reciptacles in a square pattern.

My Acer LCD monitor requires the older 15-pin plug. Can I use this card with with my current monitor? I donít want to buy cables and adapters, unless it is going to work.

Thank you.

Relevancy 59.34%

hi i have a hewlett packard t uk desktop with a hpf tft monitor all was working well up until last month when the computer started acting funny sometimes it would just freeze up and sometimes it would freeze with multicoloured spots and dashes on the screen which could only be remedied by manually turning it off Then when i turn the system on and then the monitor the screen is black and it reads quot warning pc entering power saving mode quot the button on the monitor then goes from blue to orange which means that it has entered power save mode yet the desktop is working fine as it still makes startup noises i have tried using a different graphics card i have taken out the mb asus n vida one and replaced it with a mb ati radeon celestica card after installing the card it kind of monitor and with graphics card Hp problem worked but it would not let me watch any kind of video it said i didnt have the necessary hardware when i turned the desktop off and back on i was confronted with the same problem the monitor kept going into power saving mode and turned off automatically if any one knows of a solution to my problem i would really appreciate it i have been to the shop where i problem with Hp monitor and graphics card bought it and ive been given a new monitor but the problem persists so i beleive the problem is elsewhere many thanks for your help in advance nbsp

A:problem with Hp monitor and graphics card

Did you change the video drivers when you switched video card? If not that will cause alot of problems. Also make sure the processor fan is working and not clogged with dust.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-hp-monitor-and-graphics-card.28117/
Relevancy 59.34%

So here s the deal My with Problems card monitor/graphics computer has been in storage for about three months now I just got back to college from the summer and hooked the whole thing up The first night I had Problems with monitor/graphics card it going my computer froze on me I assumed it was a cpu mouse keyboard freeze When I rebooted my computer Problems with monitor/graphics card my boot screen came up and it had colored lines through the Dell logo and various alphabetical characters across the screen It continued to freeze as soon as the windows XP was loaded My monitor would shutdown and say that it was working but receiving no signal The only thing that fixed this was rebooting but it would do the same thing as soon as windows reloaded I hooked the speakers up and I can hear the windows boot up after my monitor stops receiving a signal and I can randomly click with my mouse and hear the action perform I was able to pull up one of my music files and it played fine THe only problem was that I was not able to see anything while doing this This made me think it a monitor graphics card issue They re both factory issued My card is an Nvidia Gforce I believe and the monitor is a trinitron At this point I can load windows for about minutes and then a blue haze comes over the screen and the monitor freezes again I reboot and the characters and colored stripes run through the boot screen Any help would be greatly appreciated I have no access to another monitor though I do have an svideo outlet if anyone knows if I could use my tv with that in place of a monitor to test it not sure if my current card is capable of that I would rather not buy one or the other monitor card and it end up NOT being the problem Thanks much in advance for ANYTHING nbsp

A:Problems with monitor/graphics card

Definately sounds like the videocard has some issues.

I'd pull the PC apart and verify if the fan on the videocard is working properly. As the PC was stored, it's possible the fan has frozen up from the inactivity time and this corresponds to the time involved before it starts acting up. You might be able to give it a "helper spin" to get it going once again, but eventually may need to either replace the fan and/or videocard if it's just hung up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-monitor-graphics-card.33149/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently bought the components to put together a new PC I managed to assemble everything ok and install windows no problem It all seemed to be working fine but after a few hours of running the monitor goes black The monitor power light is still on not in standby but the screen is off This will happen normally after an hour or so If I switch the monitor off then on again it will return to normal but after a few minutes it will again switch off Nothing else is affected when it turns back on the screen is exactly as normal It will happen when in BIOS or in Windows XP so I m guessing its not a windows problem or drivers issue I flashed the MOBO BIOS but this had no effect So I m guessing the problem is either with my monitor or graphics card The systems details are Graphics Card - XFX GeForce GT Monitor - Acer AL WA Any help would be Problems with or monitor card graphics much appreciated nbsp

A:Problems with monitor or graphics card

It could be as simple as the power saving option causing it.

Right click on your background and select properties, then screensaver, then power, and set turn off monitor to never.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-monitor-or-graphics-card.48569/
Relevancy 59.34%

So i have a mix computer i just bought as a bare bones kit im running windows 7 home basic 2 gigs ddr2 ram a geforce 9500gt 1 gig graphics card with 2 dvi input and a s video hook up i have a amd 64x2 dual core 2.2 ghz processor with a bio star mother board any way i hook up the computer to my tv through s video and it works fine but when i hook it to my vga monitor with an adapter it does not work any thoughts

A:Trying to get my VGA monitor to work with my DVI graphics card

please explains exactly what happens when u connect the monitor? nothing at all? does the monitor say anything? does it say that theres no input?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-get-my-vga-monitor-to-work-with-my-dvi-graphics-card.147748/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi i have a hewlett packard t uk desktop with a hpf tft monitor all was working well up until last month when the computer started acting funny sometimes it would just freeze up and sometimes it would freeze with multicoloured spots and dashes on the screen which could only be remedied by manually turning it off Then card problem HP graphics monitor with and when i turn the system on and then the monitor the screen is black and problem with HP monitor and graphics card it reads quot warning pc entering power saving mode quot the button on the monitor then goes from blue to orange which means that it has entered power save mode yet the desktop is working fine as it problem with HP monitor and graphics card still makes startup noises i have tried using a different graphics card i have taken out the mb asus n vida one and replaced it with a mb ati radeon celestica card after installing the card it kind of worked but it would not let me watch any kind of video it said i didnt have the necessary hardware when i turned the desktop off and back on i was confronted with the same problem the monitor kept going into power saving mode and turned off automatically if any one knows of a solution to my problem i would really appreciate it i have been to the shop where i bought it and ive been given a new monitor but the problem persists so i beleive the problem is elsewhere many thanks for your help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-hp-monitor-and-graphics-card.28115/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I have a Nvidia GTX 580 GPU

I have just bought a Dell UltraSharp U2713HM - running a resolution at 2560*1440.I know it's not a gaming screen, but I still manage to run games pretty well.

But I'm thinking. If I get a better GPU will that make the games run even better at 2560*1440 ?

Thanks

A:Graphics card and monitor resolution ?

Yes. In general a larger, more powerful graphics card will run games better at higher resolution. It can get much more complicated than that, but in general, this is the deal.

For best advice about what to expect in higher performance from any particular card over your 580 (which is no slouch by the way) you could ask here, or better, over in the Gaming forum where all the graphics-heads hang out. They start talking about Frame Rates and Cuda Cores and I just glaze over!

For instance, when you compare your 580 to my 660 you can see that in some categories your card is better:
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=637&card2=680

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282646-graphics-card-monitor-resolution.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

Anyone out there have experience with/ recommendation of a 4 monitor graphics card? With the possibility of getting 2 of these cards and expanding to 8 monitors? Linux compatible?

I know it's a bit of an ask, but I'm going around in circles on the interwebz.

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573895/recommend-a-4-monitor-graphics-card/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 with Windows XP and was infected with malware few days ago. After we finished cleaning the laptop, I have started seeing some problems in the normal mode. When I start the laptop in normal mode, in most cases, it will start with lot of blue stripes all over the screen and will continue to have it even after the system has completed the start up process. In case it did not show the blue strips during start up, it will show up within few minutes after the system has completed the start up cycle. On the other hand, in safe mode, there are no lines at all so this problem is only in normal mode.

Please advise.

Thanks!!

A:Graphics card or monitor problem?

You might try uninstalling the video drivers (could be damaged from malware or removal of same)...and then reinstalling the video drivers.

The fact that it doesn't occur in safe mode...seemingly points to the drivers, IMo.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371851/graphics-card-or-monitor-problem/
Relevancy 59.34%

my 7800gt is connected to a 6 year old crt monitor. When I drag a window on the desktop across the screen, their is delay like a tail behind it. Also when you quite a game or program such as 3dmark, the mouse pointer disappears, the only way to make it reappear is to right click. Is this my monitor not keeping up or the graphics card has a prob?

A:Graphics card or monitor prob?

Negotiator said:

my 7800gt is connected to a 6 year old crt monitor. When I drag a window on the desktop across the screen, their is delay like a tail behind it. Also when you quite a game or program such as 3dmark, the mouse pointer disappears, the only way to make it reappear is to right click. Is this my monitor not keeping up or the graphics card has a prob?Click to expand...

it is most likly vid card related as the old monitor is more likly to only limit you to resolution such as aoly letting you have a settoing as 800 by 600 as opposed to 1024 by 768.

i know this as i have a few monitors here that are quite older then your 6 year old one and they have no problem displaying graphics as long as the settings are 800 by 600

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-or-monitor-prob.437388/
Relevancy 59.34%

i installed a new graphic card after uninstalling the old one. then when i turn computer on it started then shut down and won't start again after that. the computer starts but the monitor doesn't like turn on. i also notice that the power supply recommend for my graphic card is 250w and i have 230w. is it a power issue? also i removed the card and try to start ma computer without is and it still doesn't work plz help it is not even really my computer

A:Monitor not starting after new graphics card

Make sure you have connected the power supply to the video cards if there is such a connection. Since you only have a 230 watt supply, your system may not support the new card anyway. What is your system's specs and who makes it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-starting-after-new-graphics-card.105625/
Relevancy 59.34%

I installed a monitor formerly used with a dell C521.. worked very well for 7 years.. I bought a new Dell 660s and use it with that same old monitor.. works very well....I wanted to salvage some material from the old C521 and hooked it up to the same monitor that had worked so well for 7 years. Message on screen tells me that I have to" hook it up to a graphics card .".... as the connection that always did work, no longer allows for any function.... What's the answer?
Oneoldman

A:Graphics card connection to monitor

Does that C521 HAVE an addon Graphics card installed in it?? If it does did you plug the monitor into the GPU port or the port on the I/O plate??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-connection-to-monitor.1119480/
Relevancy 59.34%

Working on a Gateway ATXSTF MNT 700C, running XP and it has a Gateway FPD1810 monitor. And has a Radeon 9000 Series graphic card.

The sys tray has An ATI Catalyst control center. Only showing a pug and play monitor.

The monitor sometimes shows log-on screen and then goes into "power saving mode" which you can't get out of. Hard reboot.

If the monitor does stay on it almost always prompts to "Active Desktop Recovery screen". If I do that it screen goes to sleep have to hard reboot.

I have changed the connection from PC to monitor. No joy.

Also screen is freezing. Created a Sys restore and click on "Create" and screen froze. Ctrl, Alt, Delete will not work either.

New message - VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.

A:Monitor graphics card acting up?

Try running this test on the graphics card. Be very carefull with the temperatures.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ļC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
- Click "Quit" to exit

You could also try reinstalling the graphics card drivers with the latest version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-graphics-card-acting-up.168005/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have 1 pci-e x16 slot, which is currently in use by a video card. When I install my new nVidia 8400GS 256MB PCI Express Graphics Card and turn on my computer there is no signal detected on my monitor, my computer turns on and beeps once, everything is plugged in fine, and the graphics card works on other computers, I have also tried using other monitors which doesn't work. When I install my old video card the monitor works fine. Does anyone know how to make my new graphics card work?

A:No Monitor Signal, New Graphics Card.

Welcome to TSF....

There has to be a computability problem between this video card and your computer, not all cards will work where they are supposed to Are you sure the card is seated properly into the pci-e slot? Since the old pci-e card works we can be reasonably sure the pci-e slot is ok. Where did you purchase the new video card at? Is this place close to you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-monitor-signal-new-graphics-card-293811.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I just got a new computer (Dell Precision 390 - XP Pro) and it came with ATI FireGL and I cant seem to get a picture on screen. My monitor is a HP w2007 and it had VGA/DVI input slots the ATI only sends out a digital signal. Can anyone see a reason why I cant get a picture on this monitor? Graphics card problem or monitor not wanting to go with it?

Thanks for help
Ash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-and-graphics-card-problems.634843/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello new to the forum have used tips from searches before that have been very helpful thank you To wits end I am stumped after 7 not Monitor Win Card Graphics or recognizing installing a new SSD HD today and clean install of Windows Home Premium bit OS The problem I am having is that in device manager under Display Adapters it list Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Also for Monitors it Lists Win 7 not recognizing Graphics Card or Monitor Generic PnP Monitor I have downloaded and updated the latest drivers for each hardware and a I am still getting the same result This is frustrating since I could not image my old version of Windows from a larger slower HD to the new faster SSD HD Windows imaging suggests that the new HD must be larger than the old HD Win 7 not recognizing Graphics Card or Monitor in order to do an image restore I have read this is not the case however found that in no way have I been able to successfully image restore my old OS from the larger HD to the new smaller SSD HD In that version of the OS everything worked well I am stumped trying nearly all of today - really more like - hours but am frustrated Any suggestions would be welcome Thanks in advance

A:Win 7 not recognizing Graphics Card or Monitor

Hello and welcome Magua I ma a bit confused as to what you are trying to image do you mean the system as it was surely not the whole old HDD to the SSD.

Plus did you set the SSD up first as it prepares the drive properly for install.

SSD Alignment

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276009-win-7-not-recognizing-graphics-card-monitor.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Due to a shoulder injury I need to type and edit photos standing up. I thought I'd upgrade to a large high resolution monitor but wonder if my present system could handle it. The 19" monitor I'm using has a 1440 x 900 native resolution but I want a bigger monitor, maybe 30"and the resolutions are now 1920 x 1200 and 2650 x 1440 at the bigger sizes for photo editing. My HDTV, which I have linked via HDMI is a nice size but the resolution makes everything look very crude. I just can't see what I'm doing.

Do I need to upgrade the graphics card and power supply again? (I had to to install the newer Photoshop about 9 months ago)

I'm attaching system information. Thanks in advance.

A:Can I upgrade my monitor with the graphics card I have?

Yes you should be fine with that card as long as you don't do any gaming. PCs always look worse on TVs through HDMI, so with a large monitor (even at 1080p) you will see a world of difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335224-can-i-upgrade-my-monitor-graphics-card-i-have.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I don?t know how better to explain than with pics:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7059/p1010125rgb.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3509/p1010126c.jpg

When I started my pc that?s waht I got. I checked the cables and saw that the one from the monitor was loose ? the thingy on pc was actually loose. I am actually missing one of these little ones, and the other one got loose:

I tightened it ? same thing.
Bought new ones ? same thing!
What can be the problem? The contact or something just died on me?

Thx in advance!

A:Graphics card, monitor or just cables?

Those are just screw anchors, and one or more may be stripped. They have no bearing on electrical or video problems except to keep the video cable connected and secure. Looks like the computers video card is dieing... besides the stripped screws. Try another monitor to be sure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-monitor-or-just-cables.129978/
Relevancy 59.34%

Well for some reason I just can t play games because the screen just Card or Graphics Monitor Problem? changes when I Graphics Card or Monitor Problem? play games like Ragnarok Online Exteel Avalon Heroes C amp C Generals Etc Sorry I really need to mention these games because I can t properly play for some reason What I mean with changing the screen goes black randomly and it suddenly changes to a different image like a distorted screen but the distortion is a colored noise-like image and hangs But I don t know if that problem is in my Graphics Card installed or just the RAM or the Video Card existing in my CPU or just the Monitor It s Samsung Wide Screen When I play Flash-based games or Flash sites Graphics Card or Monitor Problem? it s just normal nothing happens When I screenshot with the description I said it just look NORMAL Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX series But I have also a problem here I installed GeForce series but FX shown in my screen resolution change Me and my brother tried everything we could do but we don t know what is the main problem Here are some photos http i photobucket com albums ll M s Photo jpghttp i photobucket com albums ll M s Photo jpg

A:Graphics Card or Monitor Problem?

Try a different monitor, temporarily.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303523/graphics-card-or-monitor-problem/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I just built a new p.c and I'm trying to get a picture on the monitor.

The graphics card is not detecting the monitor. the monitor's a crt which the graphics card does not support, the graphics card is a ge-force 7600 by xfx, I used a bridge from the graphics card package. this allows the crt connection to attach to the lcd port on the graphics card. The monitor looses connection and the monitor lcd drops its color as soon as I hook it up to the bridge. I think that may be the problem, but I'm not sure.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok My computer will Randomly shut off completely an not restart when i with graphics card Issues run any games with a high graphic tolerance for example when i try to play counter strike source some times it will crash In with smokes and some times when i play warcraft its random And its not a over heating problem I also dusted out my case an re Issues with graphics card seeded all my peripherals e x video card ram mobo an drives i updated my vid card drivers My computer ran fine for about months i started leaving my computer on over night for long periods of time for as long as a month or two with only restarting it once or twice if that helps also when my computer does shut off ill go to turn it back on an it will turn on for a second an shut off then i press the button again same thing after tries it will boot an crash its almost like i have to prime it like a lawnmower to get it going then some times when i get to windows login screen and will shut off again an then i restart one more time it will bring me to boot in safe mode last know good config etc it doesn t seem to matter which one i choose it will work after one or two times then after so long if it does work it will run check disk and not repair any files some times it might an restart it might crash again it might not seems to be random Right now im thinking about buying a new video card just want some feedback on what you guys might think first Thanks in advance sexen- nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

So

I picked up a hard drive off the street cause mine was fried.

Just plugged in and went along till i decided i wanted to play WoW.

I installed it and it turns out my video card wasn't installed.

So i plugged the monitor into the APG port, and the computer turned on but the monitor didn't so i guess it didn't detect it, so i figured my card was fried.

Turns out i hadn't installed my motherboard drivers on this computer either. So i did so, and my onboard card is missing one thing to play WoW.

But, now that my motherboard is installed would my graphics card be detected when placed in the AGP port?

Also, can i play WoW if im just missing the Transform and HW video card thing? Because i've read somewhere it would just be extremly choppy.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issues.684261/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there Sorry to skip the introduction thread but I m having some frustrating problems I spent a considerable amount of time in the search facility reading articles However none of them seem to show all of my symptoms Sorry if this has already been posted Recently I have been having some type of computer issue It began weeks ago when my monitor didnt t wake up along with my computer After moving the mouse to get out of hibernate or whatever the monitor stayed black Card Issues? Graphics Not knowing what to do I took it to a local repair shop The guy hooked his monitor up to my computer through the graphics card slot Graphics Card Issues? and the same thing happened He then hooked it up to the onboard graphics unit and it worked His conclusion was a faulty graphics card and he recommended I pick up a new one So I ordered a new graphics card which just came in the mail today Graphics Card Issues? I Graphics Card Issues? hooked up the new graphics card and voila the monitor reads quot No Input Signal quot Great So now I have a new useless piece of hardware There is also a previous issue that may be relevant About months ago the exact same issue happened Thinking it was the monitor I purchased a new one and somehow it fixed the problem This reinforced the issue stemming from a faulty monitor However my aunt took our old monitor and she says it works fine I would like to add that I have been using the computer with the onboard graphics unit for a little over a week with no problems other than the computer sometimes requiring a manual restart holding the power button because of not coming out of hibernate It has been running ok without a graphics card but I really don t want to use this onboard forever and I would like to ride this computer out as long as possible please don t tell me it s the motherboard Some specs off-hand HP Pavillion m e Windows Vista Home Premium -bit AMD Athlon X Dual Core GHz Gb RAM GPU s Geforce LE onboard Gefore GT mb RAM factory installed Geforce GT mb DDR brand new Power Supply Watts the card s min power supply is If there are any other specs you need I d be more than happy to get them if you can tell me how that is I have already changed the Primary Video Adapter settings in BIOS It s weird because while I was using my onboard during the new card s delivery time my BIOS was set to PCI and not onboard yet it was still functioning I only found this out today My BIOS has settings PCI PCI-E and onboard And no matter what I seem to do nothing seems to get any signal from the graphics card while all three settings work with the onboard Even with the card in the slot the onboard doesn t auto turn off So I don t think it s the monitor which I have checked on another computer plus it works fine using the onboard I am sure that the card is in place I haven t checked the card to see if the fan is running but I m almost sure I can hear it it just sounds a bit louder on startup The new card does not have any external power supply requirements All power is drawn from the motherboard The monitor is a Soyo Pearl Series quot LCD It has two detachable slots One for DVI one for RGB Onboard uses RGB card uses DVI The original setup consisted of using an adapter for DVI-to-RGB that went from the DVI output from the GT to the RGB reciever slot in the monitor I ve never used the DVI mode on the monitor before I just bought a DVI cord today because I thought that might have been the reason but that didn t work either Any suggestions Could it be the PCI express slot or maybe a software virus issue I have no clue The closest answer on this board that I ve seen has something to do with resetting CMOS by leaving the battery out for minutes and I haven t the slightest clue as to what that is or how to do that I m sorry if this is too much at once nbsp

A:Graphics Card Issues?

From reading your specs one question comes up.
Do you two graphics cards installed ?
The Geforce 7600 and the 9500 ?
This may be the problem if in fact you do.. Try just one card (your newer one), attach it to your monitor via a DVI cable and use the RGB for your on board. This way you can quickly switch cards by simply changing the setting in the BIOS. (Which should work) and if does not then YES it may be some malfunction on your motherboard. You can load BIOS defaults to reset it (so to speak). Removing the battery will do nothing except get rid of passwords etc. You can also flash it to the newest version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issues.128204/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys my device is hp compaq 6200 pro microtower pc
serial no. : SGH125P585
n product no. : XL504AV

I have inbuilt intel hd graphics n no installed a external one n plannin to upgrade gpu
I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!

I wanna use a mid -range
msi nvidia gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N750-2GD5OC.html#hero-specification

or
leadtek gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/product/1/697/intro.aspx
will
both d graphics card support my device?????

A:Graphics card issues

rockyrulz said:

I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!Click to expand...

I'd say yes you have a full height card. The half-height is only about 2 inches. If you upgrade your PSU to 550 like you said you would, I see no reasons why you couldn't run a 750. The 750's are not long cards and should fit in your case with ease.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issues.207671/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have a vista and it is very slow atm and it's really annoying. I know there may be a thread somewhere around here about tips on speeding up your pc, and if there is i would appreciate it if you can redirect me to it. Anyways, what tips, or steps can i take? Thanks.

A:graphics card issues

Originally Posted by themoon9000

Hi,
I have a vista and it is very slow atm and it's really annoying. I know there may be a thread somewhere around here about tips on speeding up your pc, and if there is i would appreciate it if you can redirect me to it. Anyways, what tips, or steps can i take? Thanks.

Hey there !

First, I'd like to ask why you'd like to update the driver for the chipset?

Is it not working properly or are you having problems that you didn't
describe in your opening post?

The only real reason to update is to have better compatibility with other
components inside the PC or to take advantage of better performance.

In your case, since the tool explicitly states that the driver which you
want to update is a custom made driver for the said components, (chipset)
I would heed it's advice.

Some manufacturer (Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba , Asus) will customize certain
drivers to work or better perform with their PCs or notebooks.

More often than not, GPU and chipset drivers will be customized to better
perform under all condition the component is meant for.

Do you have a specific problem??
Flashorn.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/122072-graphics-card-issues.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Before I start I am a completely and utterly clueless noob when it comes to this kind of thing and am fully aware of Issues Graphics New Card this So have tried to New Graphics Card Issues provide you with as much information as I can about my computer at the bottom of my post I apologise if I have left anything out or am talking utter nonsense as this is highly likely I have attempted to install a new graphics card primarily in order to play Sims but also as my desktop computer is now fairly old and has been running slowly etc My computer previously had an quot ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot graphics card installed and I purchased an quot NVIDIA Geforce GS quot I did a lot of reading up on this and my computer appears to have the specs New Graphics Card Issues for it I followed various online step-by-step guides and uninstalled or thought I had my previous ATI card I managed to physically install the card into the fastest x available slot and have installed the drivers both from the cd which came with it and the latest update from the NVIDIA website When I look at my display adaptors the card seems to have been installed and the fan is running on the card I thus assume the physical installation has gone to plan However I receive an error message on booting up the computer - quot The ATI control panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is working properly The ATI control panel will now close quot And after having tried running the Sims there is no difference in graphics at all Where should I proceed from here Thanks so much for your time and patience Computer specs as appear when dxdiag is run XP Home Edition Build HP Pavilion Intel Premium CPU GHz CPUs Mb RAM DirectX c Display Name NVIDIA Geforce GS Chip Type Geforce GS DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Total memory Mb Current display mode x bit nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

this started like days ago my monitor screen kept on going black the monitor light was still yellow graphics Issues my with card the Issues with my graphics card screen freezes and then the monitr Issues with my graphics card goes black for like sconds and comes back stays on for some - seconds with sluggish speed then the same thing repeats i figured it was my graphics card so i updated my driver but still the same thing happened but when i disabled the graphics drivers the screen didnt go black at all if i enable the driver the screen goes black again and the computer gets sluggish in other words enabling the graphics cards driver is like watching a picture slide show in an ultra slow mo speed i also got some random colored boxes during the startup xp loading screen and stuff before that this happens everytime even if the graphics driver is disabled there are also this coloured dots mouse trails if i disable the driver any idea on how to fix this plz help me T T i cant play any games OS windows xp sp graphics card nvidia RAM GB nbsp

A:Issues with my graphics card

Replace the Nvidia 6300 as soon as you can...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-my-graphics-card.137319/
Relevancy 58.91%

ok, so i got some new RAM about 3 weeks ago, when installing it i had to remove my graphics card. when everything was back inn place i booted up my computer and no display came up on my monitor. i then noticed that the fan on my card wasnt runnning. i fiddle around for a little while longer then came ot the conclusion that i must have shorted out my card when removing it to install the RAM. i called the manufacturer and got a free replacement. this arrived yesterday and i installed it right away. booot up, same problem. so now im thinkiong it may be somehting to do with my mother board, though everything else is working(from what i can tell).

any help would be appreciated
System Info
P4 3.0g processer 566 FSB, 1mb L2 cache
Pentium PERLx Mother board
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 ultra 256mb (brand new)
1g Kingston RAM (brand new)
thanks,
Wrx_crazed

Relevancy 58.91%

I recently reformatted an Averatec Series laptop and then installed the full list of drivers found on trigem com Then I ran into this issue The system would not recognize the GeForce Go that was installed at manufacture I tried several drivers from nvidia but none of them would recognize the card I even took the time to reformat a second time and installed the drivers one at a time to see if any were interfering with the nvidia card so like a total noob I disabled the onboard graphics from device manager no option in bios Now the screen goes blank after the XP loading screen I can still access the bios but like i said issues Card Graphics no display options thinking i need to perform a third reinstall i have a suspicion that the card somehow became Graphics Card issues loosened idk EDIT I was able to revert back to a prior setting so now i am able to access the desktop Still completely confused on what to do about the graphics card nbsp

A:Graphics Card issues

Unfortunately, your laptop has a known issue with the onboard video card. Is your laptop covered under warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issues.905032/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys, when I turned on my computer this morning, everything ran as usual, apart from my monitor was blank. The monitor was connected to a Nvidia 8600GT via DVI, and soon I realised that the video was instead being output through the onboard graphics card. I checked the BIOS to make sure that the PCI-E 8600GT was still set as default and it was. Having searched for a whole day I think it's time to hand over to you.

Any ideas why the graphics card will not work as the primary display adapter, and if the graphics card is faulty, should I just replace it?

Thanks, Alex

Relevancy 58.91%

I ve got a pair of GTX s which are both well under a year old and I ve started seeing a real decrease in playability in games games like Dirt issues card graphics Possible used to be perfect with full settings as you d expect but now it stutters every now and again and every few races completely freezes this happens in most games but dirt is where it happens the most I have a temp monitor running in the background and the cards never seem to get above degrees Possible graphics card issues a Possible graphics card issues fairly aggressive fan curve keeps them down I ve tried re-seating the cards removing all graphics drivers and reinstalling games but nothing seems to work Possible graphics card issues I even tried old AOE III to see whether happened on non-demanding games which showed the game slowing right down at certain points then speeding up to account for it Both cards are running at Mhz GPU Mhz Memory with the latest Nvidia drivers any idea s about what the best thing do do from here would be cheers nbsp

A:Possible graphics card issues

Hi, andymac26

How many hard drives are installed on your rig? On which drives are the games installed and how much space is left on that drive? What applications have you running in the background while you play? Also, what Nvidia drivers are you using now?

I'm almost certain you have already tried the things I am about to suggest, but I'll go ahead and run them by you, anyway. First thing I'd do is check for malware. If the scans are clear, then I would clean my hard drives of junk files and defrag them.

I would recommend that you post your full system specs as that might help the more tech savvy members arrive at a diagnosis.

Anyways, good luck and I do hope the issue you describe is resolved ASAP. Two 580s should make for a hefty, kickass graphics setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-graphics-card-issues.184644/
Relevancy 58.91%

So my computer is not really turning on anymore I'm not particularly great at putting my computer issues into words but I will try my best to explain what happened So Graphics card issues(?) basically I was playing Team Fortress which has always run fine on my computer until the graphics suddenly went crazy It did that sort of psychadelic type of glitching where there's colours and shapes everywhere but you Graphics card issues(?) cannot see anything I thought it was just TF that was glitching because that sort of thing does happen occasionally but I couldn't alt tab ctrl-alt-delete etc So I rebooted my computer in hopes that it wasn't a graphics card issue Unfortunately graphics were pretty Graphics card issues(?) messed up as soon as I got to the sign in screen and then after I signed in everything was still messed up laggy too broken to function basically So I turned off my computer again and went on one of my dad's laptops to ask my brother Graphics card issues(?) what he thought because his computer recently had a similar issue I tried to turn my computer on again to show him on webcam so he could see but my computer just blue-screened I tried once more and it blue-screened so for now I don't really see a point in turning it on My brother suggested that maybe my computer was overheating- and that was causing hardware issues but when I felt it it did not even feel warm My brother's issue was that his new computer's graphics card was simply garbage and replacing it fixed it But I don't feel like I know enough about my problem to go and replace my graphics card just in case that doesn't work In my mind the best case scenario is that my graphics card is just old - years as old as the computer and it's lifetime is over But the blue-screening and lagging is what makes me really unsure I don't know my computer's exact specs or the exact model of my graphics card all I know is that my graphics card is an average geforce-something or another It could play games like Team Fortress easily and Bioshock barely and it definitely could not handle games like Crysis To be honest I don't take great care of my computer it's fairly dusty on the inside and I leave it on for fairly long periods of time So basically I'm confused and I'm just looking for insight or tips on the my issue and what I might want to do next

A:Graphics card issues(?)

Sorry in advance if I put this in the wrong forum section :S

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/graphics-card-issues-645104.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a new system for a month now and I have a severe hardware issue The problem always follows a similar pattern When it goes to sleep after long inactivity windows home prem and I reactivate my software will be stuck I cant kill graphics issues card Possible processes and I Possible graphics card issues have to power down Possible graphics card issues by holding the power button But when I reboot no image is given by the graphics card also no no-signal error just black screen and my screen indicating its not getting anything But when I connect to onboard graphics on motherboard it acts normal Graphics card wont recover untill I just leave computer powered down for a while minutes hours I dont know exactly usually next morning when I try again Its not an error with the monitor checked multiple screens I doubt its a software issue since i have latest drivers installed multiple virus scans ran but cant ever be sure here Brought it into store they first said it was graphics card then after they realised they didnt have one in stock they switched to its the motherboard After repair it worked fine for weeks bioshock infinite full ultra qual and then yday it started again exact same way System specs I k asus GTX TI Asus P Z -V LX and its OC d by the shop itself Biggest specialist computershop in Belgium Any idea where the problem might be and what I find interesting myself why changing motherboard fixed the problem for weeks untill now nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

So i recently upgraded my motherboard CPU and ram issues card Graphics yay for me because i thought that the cpu was causing problems only to find out that the problems are now being caused by the GPU So i decided to run sisoft and got multiple errors see blow Start of Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- lt lt lt gt gt gt -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Temperature C Min C Avg C Graphics card issues Max C CPU DC Line V Min V Avg V Max V CPU Aux DC Line V Min V Avg V Max V V DC Line V Min V Avg V Max V V DC Line V Min V Avg V Max V - V DC Line V Min V Avg V Max V Standby DC Line V Min V Avg V Max Graphics card issues V lt lt lt Video Rendering gt gt gt -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Direct D Devices AMD Radeon HD Series SM GHz GB x GHz PCIe x Required Display format not available Try updating the video drivers Error OpenGL Devices AMD Radeon HD Series SM GHz GB x GHz PCIe x Required Display format not available Try updating the video drivers lt lt lt Video Memory Bandwidth gt gt gt -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Direct D c Devices AMD Radeon HD Series SM GHz GB x GHz PCIe x Required Shader support not available Try updating the video drivers Error OpenGL Devices AMD Radeon HD Series SM GHz GB x GHz PCIe x Required Shader support not available Try updating the video drivers lt lt lt GPGPU Processing gt gt gt -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Compute Shader Processor AMD Radeon HD Series GB x GHz GPGPU function failed Try updating the GPGPU drivers lt lt lt GPGPU Memory Bandwidth gt gt gt -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- lt lt lt gt gt gt -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- End of Report The quot burn-in quot test then tries to do a GPGPU Memory Bandwidth test but then the program craps out and ends prematurely So i was wondering if it could be a software or a hardware issue but posted here because basically i need to know if i need to replace the card or just download update software Much appreciate any input that can be given nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have recently purchased an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card in wanting to upgrade from my Radeon 7000 card. As soon as i installed it and turned on my pc, there was coloured lines right across my screen and couldn't access anything including the BIOS. Seeing as i have the ATI Catalyst Centre installed i can't see it being a problem with the driver and i'm hoping i haven't been sent a faulty card. Any suggestions would be great

Relevancy 58.91%

I have been unable to find any information on this problem anywhere on the internet I have a GB graphics card that is more than capable of running many games Skyrim included but I constantly have severe game choppiness issues with almost any game I try I have tried Dota my card graphics with some issues Having Heroes of Newerth Skyrim Dead Island The strangest thing I have found so far is that my dedicated video memory is extremely little compared to my shared system video memory and I have been unsuccessful in finding out why this is happening More details about my computer Component Details Subscore Base score Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor Determined by lowest subscore Memory RAM GB Having some issues with my graphics card Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GS Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Ultimate System -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer System manufacturer Model System Product Name Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores -bit capable Yes Storage -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Media drive F CD DVD Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GS Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system Having some issues with my graphics card memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Network -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Adapter Broadcom n Network Adapter Notes -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters some software applications may see additional performance benefits Caution Based on the results of the WinSAT Disk assessment your system drive may have slower response times under some workloads Performance results will depend on the specific applications used and Having some issues with my graphics card the amount of memory available If your experience is satisfactory no action is needed ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS FOR READING nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I am new here so please bear with me I have been using a Radeon graphics card but it died on me recently I think the fan just went kaput I replaced it with a GeForce GT Sonic card but right now I am having problems with it working properly Whenever I install the driver from the CD New Issues Graphics Card it plays fine until the next time I boot up It boots up fine but when I get to my Windows desktop everything stops working i e I New Graphics Card Issues can t click on anything The mouse cursor will still move around for a couple of minutes and then even that hangs I read the sticky and so here are the information needed Motherboard - Unknown Graphic interface - GE Force GT Sonic Memory - Gb x Mb DDR Ram I think CPU - New Graphics Card Issues AMD Athalon XP CPU Speed - GHz Power Supply Make Model - ATX- W P Watt output Amperage - W total A V A Vdc A Vdc I hope this is enough information If not please ask me and direct me to where to get the information off the PC itself I moved house recently and the documentation is in the storeroom somewhere waiting to be found nbsp

A:New Graphics Card Issues

Hi and welcome to TS!!

Try uninstalling the current drivers, and install the newest ones from Nvidia. Also make sure you have the latest DirectX, and chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-issues.72420/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone before hand I d like to thank you for taking the time to read and help me out Alright to make things as short as possible basically my computer s hard drive was replaced by HP under its warranty because it died with issues my graphics card? Some awhile ago and ever since then my computer s been working excellent Until last night when I decided I wanted to change my resolution to see if something Some issues with my graphics card? would work nothing big just change my resolution and when I tried to change my resolution my computer freaked out and a warning message appeared The message translates to Graphic controller cannot be used for the selected screen It is designed for an older version of Windows and it is no longer compatible with the new version The system has iniciated using a default VGA controller Please contact the fabricator of the hardware so that you may obtain an updated controller o select one of the controllers Microsoft offers This also showed up in the control panel that s offered by Intel s Integrated video card What I find weird about this is how all the configurations show up blank Things I have already tried doing I reverted to an older version of my video graphics card software controller via HP s Driver s and Software support It didn t help I made sure I was using the -latest- driver for my video card Didn t work Tried changing my screens on the control panel as Some issues with my graphics card? you can see in the first screenshot to quot Intel Mobile Monitor quot but it wouldn t allow me to do so and the ONLY resolution available for that monitor was x for some reason I tried updating my BIOS it was already at its latest update Restarting several times I d like to thank anyone and everyone who was patient enough to read this and offer their suggestions because I really appreciate any help Edit Also I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum it may go under Hardware due to the drivers and all Excuse me if I was mistaken nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-issues-with-my-graphics-card.701087/
Relevancy 58.91%

Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GT Manufacturer EVGA Nividia Driver Version Operating System Windows Power Supply W RAM Issues Card Graphics I m having Graphics Card problems I believe it might be the card s RAM but I am not entirely Graphics Card RAM Issues sure After I installed the GT I began to have problems I noticed that games were not displayed correctly I also noticed that small blue dots would appear over black colors When I opened the Nvidia Control Panel I selected quot Adjust image settings with preview quot I noticed that the preview also had Graphics Card RAM Issues display issues I decided to try overclocking my graphics card using the EVGA Precision Utility After doing so the issues ceased to be I didn t want to overclock Graphics Card RAM Issues my graphics card But for the time being it worked I aslo performed a CPU RAM test using memtest to pinpoint whether My computer was experiencing CPU RAM or GPU RAM issues The CPU RAM test did not display any errors Currently I m leaning towards my graphics card having RAM issues But I would like a another opinion Thanks nbsp

A:Graphics Card RAM Issues

Memtest won't test dedicated GPU memory. Try something like Prime95.

Sounds as though your graphics RAM is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-ram-issues.964979/
Relevancy 58.91%

Morning all Need help with a wee issue I experienced this morning PC was working fine last night shut it down properly after a session of Warcraft I know I should grow up a wee bit TUrned it on this morning before leaving for work to check my emails Everything boots up fine Everything working as it should be We then get to the Windows XP loading screen with the wee blue bar just below the XP logo Loads up fine BUT Just as the display should trip to the desktop proper we have quot no signal quot PC is still running away happily loading things up etc but the graphic card just seems to pack in It s a GEForce something or other FX It s a new PCI-E card anyway about MB or thereabout I reckon it s something wrong with the drivers however do you agree Also how the hell do I reinstall the drivers without being able to see the screen I can t remember how to get into safe mode and will safe mode even let me install drivers Help Thanks Grant nbsp

A:Graphics Card Issues

Press F8 key straight after the bios/post messages finish, that will get you to the safe mode prompt.

Doesnt sound like a driver issue, if it boots into safe mode ok I'd suggest power supply or graphic card failure. Give us the details (Make and model number) of the graphics and power supply as well as age. And how long ago did you install the graphic card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-issues.822467/
Relevancy 58.91%

Every time I turn on or restart my computer, the graphics card (PNY XLR8 9800GTX) fan cycles from low to high. It runs on high for eight short bursts, then starts up.

I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

How do I fix this?

Relevancy 58.91%

I believe I did everything just right in uninstalling the old vc driver and then installing this new one but all I get is a black screen on the reboot. I can reboot in safemode and the old driver is gone and the new one shows up and "claims" to be working just fine.

I've got XP. Any other info you need?

Please help. I'm anxiously wanting to utilize my two LCD monitors.

Thanks in advance!!

Glenda

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, everyone. Sorry to come here and ask questions again.

So recently, my friend is selling away his Acer monitor pretty cheap because he wanted to upgrade and I decided to grab it. It is Acer P223W monitor.

I was wondering...

- Can I run 2 DVI cables from my graphics card which has 2 DVI and 1 HDMI because the Acer P223W only has DVI and I intend to run dual-monitor out of it along with my current Acer P193W.

Sorry about this, I have no idea in the cable connection and everything. I have tried Google'd but my searching abilities sucks.

A:Dual-Monitor Connections on Graphics Card

I don't own one, but a 560ti should be fine for dual monitors.

I believe that it won't support more than two, should you ever care.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/269090-dual-monitor-connections-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Gateway FX Gaming computer Link http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and I try to plug in the video card given in the graphics description in link quot NVIDIA GeForce GT Over-Clocked w MB on board memory and DirectX quot Which as far as I know the video card was made to fit the computer When ever I try to plug the graphics card into my computer I dont get any display on my monitor at all Also The power button-light flashes Both fans computer and video card turn on and work But after a minuite or monitor in? plugged is card No display on when graphics so the computer turns off My onboard normal graphics work normally but obviouly arent very good for gaming If there is any way possible to fix this problem please reply I am very eager to resolve this issue Additional Details My computer hasnt worked with my No display on monitor when graphics card is plugged in? graphics card before therefor I decided to Restore my computer to factory settings and still didnt work and thats where I ended up now nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-on-monitor-when-graphics-card-is-plugged-in.188450/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a HP Pavillion Model No. p7-1423w I replaced the stock power supply with a 600B 600W Bronze Power Supply.

And installed a EVGA Geforce GTX 660 and have it powered by the new power supply.
When I connect the new graphics card Via DVI-D And I got no signal.

I rebooted into the BIOS to try to disable the on board graphics but I saw no option to do so.

Any help would be appreciated Im nervous about this $320 investment if it doesn't work. Any ideas on what could help?

A:No signal to monitor after installing new graphics card.

Did you plug in the 6/8 pin power connectors to the card itself?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/38113-no-signal-monitor-after-installing-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

urgent help My computer is roughly years old A friend helped me assemble it and Monitor Help: Problem Graphics Card Urgent and it has worked fine until late I went to turn it on this morning and the log up screen came on as well as the Windows XP loading screen however from there it failed miserably The Monitor just said quot No Signal quot and after roughly seconds it shut down by itself only to restart again I chose reboot in normal windows mode however the process just repeated itself The computer is able Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem to boot up fine in Safe Mode however Safe Mode doesn t get me very far at all and I choose to try again to restart it Finally after a ton of attempts I Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem was able to have the computer reboot Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem only to have my friendly Microsoft Error Program to tell me there was a problem with my Graphics card While trying to find out what the problem was the computer froze and I m back to the drawing board Can someone please e-mail me and tell me what possible solutions I have My Specs Motherboard ASUS A n x ACPI Graphics Card Geforce Ti If you need any more information please e-mail me and ask what you will I will be very Grateful for whatever help you can provide E-mail schneiderj ripon edu nbsp

A:Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem

if possable do a fresh install of windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-help-monitor-and-graphics-card-problem.21475/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I bought a new graphics card ATI Radeon AGP and I plugged it into my AGP slot after removing my old NVIDIA Geforece Ti graphics card and its drivers When I turn on the power supply with my new graphics card in my monitor doesn t turn on and remains on standby mode I made sure that everything is plugged in properly Is there a way of allowing me to fix this problem so I can carry on with installing the drivers Here is my system overview ------------------ System Information new turn put in after card my Monitor I on graphics doesn't ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AWARA Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Default System Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS C DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell M Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-F - C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x C DE Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoPr... Read more

A:Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card

You see no video at all, even no bios screen? If this is true, the new card may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-after-i-put-in-my-new-graphics-card.142240/
Relevancy 58.91%

First my specs OS Windows Vista ghz Intel Celeron gigs of RAM gb HDD GFXCard trying to install Geforce FX Alright so this is a simple question shouldn t be difficult to answer I ve read that sometimes you don t have to disable the Onboard Graphics in the BIOS when putting in the gfxcard So I stuck it in without disabling in hopes Graphics detect it? - Monitor won't Card Installing that I didn t have to Well the monitor won t turn on so I just have to pull it back out of the processor The weird thing is it won t even Installing Graphics Card - Monitor won't detect it? turn on if I have the monitor plugged into the onboard gfx slot It won t until I completely remove the GForce FX So I went into the BIOS and saw that the Primary is selected as PCI and not Onboard even though I use chipset Could that be why the monitor is getting confused But here s my main question before I get started in all this if I choose the Primary Video in BIOS as PCI-E would I still be able to see the monitor once it turns back on In other words would I be able to change the bios back if the gfxcard don t work Will the onboard video work regardless of what s chosen in the BIOS menu Would appreciate ANY help Thanks in advance EDIT oh and hey does the GeForce FX support x resolution Could that be the problem it s not detecting it nbsp

A:Installing Graphics Card - Monitor won't detect it?

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following it custom or home built, Mother Board, Processor, Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-graphics-card-monitor-wont-detect-it.846671/
Relevancy 58.91%

could someone tell me how to turn my graphic card off in bios. thanks

A:New graphics card installed, but monitor says out of range?

I have changed your thread title to reflect your problem. Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

You should click on the edit button in your post and give as many details as you can as to what your problem is. This should include your system specs etc.

That way, members will have a better idea of what`s causing your problem.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-installed-but-monitor-says-out-of-range.57740/
Relevancy 58.91%

EDIT Heh minutes after posting this i decided to reset my bios and what do ya know it decides to recognize my graphics card I should ve done that first Merry Christmas feel free to close thread Hey everyone first off Merry Christmas to you all Here s No inserting signal when monitor better card graphics my issue I have an NVIDIA gt graphics No monitor signal when inserting better graphics card card I ve never had any problem with it before I ve been trying to play the new Star Wars MMORPG on an Nvidia and that s just not working out The computer i had the graphics card in got a nasty virus a couple months back and i never got around to reformatting it so i exchanged the with the This is on a different computer than the one i usually have the in Got no signal to monitor Then i remember that the motherboard of my current computer can t support a gig graphics card thought that might be the issue Today i reformat my upgraded computer got it up and running again Still no signal to monitor Could i have fried the graphics card by inserting it in a computer with an incompatible motherboard Or is there another issue When i No monitor signal when inserting better graphics card used both computers together i had them on a kb switch to the same monitor if that makes a difference I appreciate any help and i apologize if my thoughts are scattered nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-signal-when-inserting-better-graphics-card.175193/