Windows Support Forum

Local Admin Rights with Roaming Profile

Q: Local Admin Rights with Roaming Profile

Hi guys,

This is driving me crazy. I just implemented roaming profiles, but now my users are having issues because some of our applications require local admin rights. Also, we allow them to install software as needed.

Is there a way I can give the users Local Administrator rights either using a logon script or any other way?

Thanks for the help,
Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-rights-with-roaming-profile.610857/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Local Admin Rights with Roaming Profile

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.32%

Hello I have an issue that I need serious help with roaming not profile data locally Local - saved profile The user is my boss nuff said He Local profile data not saved locally - roaming profile has been using a laptop with windows professional for some time now and recently he reported to me that when he undocks his laptop and takes it on the road for example he does not see his desktop icons quick launch etc If he saves a file to the desktop for example it is gone once he logs off or reboots We recently got him a new laptop running windows enterprise and are still seeing the same issue Now we are using roaming profiles in our environment and I am considering moving him to a local profile as this is really the only machine that he uses Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix his local profile I want to say that it either related to GPOs or his user account as this happens on two different machines As far as redirection we have his documents redirecting to his home folder but there are not other user policies applying to his account Thank you for your time and advice in advance

A:Local profile data not saved locally - roaming profile

The reason this is happening is that he is part of a domain likely, and when you are away from the network the computer cannot login into the Domain. He will have to switch his profile to local.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357722/local-profile-data-not-saved-locally-roaming-profile/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi We upgraded our desktops from Windows XP to Windows Admin Local Admin Group Rights local without Assign with Windows XP we used the resource kit s CDROMLOCK EXE to lock down CD and DVD Once installed a user had to be in the local administrators group to access a CD or DVD on that desktop For Windows it is not Windows compatible so I run the EXE in Vista SP- Compatibility mode which works perfect My question With a user in the local admin group they have access to the CD and DVD but also have full access to the desktop which is of concern Does anyone know how to assign a user name Either local Desktop or a Server domain account to a Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group service or Exe Is there a way to either create a folder with full rights and then put the exe in the folder giving the user full admin rights to the folder or assign full admin rights to s single EXE file I am just not sure how Windows controls local admin rights other than the local Admin Group If Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group this is in the wrong group please move Thanks B nbsp

A:Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group

You should be able to right-click on the exe file, then choose properties. On the "Compatibility" tab, there should be a checkbox for "Run as administrator", which you can check (enable) and save settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assign-local-admin-rights-without-local-admin-group.1123053/
Relevancy 92.02%

I'm creating a 2nd User acct, haven't done this in awhile and not real sure about some logistics thereof.
In the User Acct setup I noticed an option to make a User Acct either Local or Roaming. I have a peer to peer workgroup of 3 nodes in my home (no server). When I look on my C drive in the Users folder, I see my user acct folders I've been using for sometime and inside it's folder structure it has both a Local and a Roaming folder ? As in C:\Users\UserMe\AppData\Local\
and also, C:\Users\UserMe\AppData\Roaming\

(1) I assume my (or any) profile can only be one or the other at a time ?

(2) How can I tell if my current profile is Local or Roaming ?

(3) What exactly is the difference of the two ?
(3b) and in essence when would I need whichever ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396077-local-roaming-profile.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I know there are a few topics on this already but I feel 'they doesn't exactly match my case and that is why I am creating a new topic We have a pure Windows Enterprise x clients environment Local to LocalLow synced location Appdata and profile roaming and have folder redirection on everything except AppData The users have a roaming profile on a fileserver and have Outlook with Exchange Caching mode enabled The problem is that sometimes the Local and LocalLow AppData are synced to the profile share Local and LocalLow Appdata synced to roaming profile location According to a GPO setting this Local and LocalLow Appdata synced to roaming profile location should by default if a roaming profile is used not be possible The said GPO setting is not used in anyway I have no idea what triggers it but after I let the user log out and remove the Local and LocalLow folders from their profile share the problem is gone Not saying it doesn't return anymore because that can happen Or not So I am wondering if anyone has a good explenation as to why this can happen even if the default would be to not sync when using a roaming profile

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c3707143-772b-4988-a6d5-265adc68a5aa/local-and-locallow-appdata-synced-to-roaming-profile-location?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I have Windows XP X and I created another profile to game and granted it admin rights When I rebooted I noticed only the new profile was available I have searched and pressing ctrl alt del twice did not recover the old admin account just granted me the new admin account I found this to be very strange as this is the first profile other. another Admin rights deleted with Creating time this has ever happened to me My files are still saved as if the account has just been hidden However after going under computer management the only account seen is the new gaming account I created and it has been changed as if it is the only profile ever created All my documents are still under the old profile and it is labeled administrator Is there anyway I can get back into my old account I'm not really interested in transferring files as I only wanted this profile for low services in the background for more performance Thanks Jordan

A:Creating another profile with Admin rights deleted other.

You were using the built in Administrator account for your user account profile. Once you create another user account profile, it hides the built in Administrator account (to be only used for Administrative purposes). You don't want to run your computer with the Administrator account, because if your user profile jacks up, how can you log on to repair it? So, Create another User account, and copy your My Documents, Favorites, and Desktop over to the new profile make it have administrative privileges, and leave the Built in Administrator account Hidden and un-used.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/creating-another-profile-with-admin-rights-deleted-other-419625.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a windows 2000 network that someone previously setup. I am having problem logging into one specific machine. The account does not seem to have admin rights to the local machine. I logged in as domain adming on the machine and went to control panel->user and added the domian account to the local admionistrators group but it still has a problem. Where do I look from here. I tried this account on another machine and it worked fine.

A:Admin rights to local machine

What type of network is it?

Peer-To-Peer, or are you using a domain?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-to-local-machine.217353/
Relevancy 83.85%

My computer is member of "Domain Computers".
My domain account is member of "administrator".
When i logg into my computer with my domain user account i have although NOT administrator priviligies.

ex: i get this message when run: devmgmt.msc:
"You are logged on as a standard user. You can view device settings in Device Manager, but you must be logged on as an administrator to make changes."

What can i do to get admin rights.
I will do everything to avoid logging in to local computer with local user.

A:i have no domain admin rights on local computer

Quote: Originally Posted by nettmester

My computer is member of "Domain Computers".
My domain account is member of "administrator".
When i logg into my computer with my domain user account i have although NOT administrator priviligies.

ex: i get this message when run: devmgmt.msc:
"You are logged on as a standard user. You can view device settings in Device Manager, but you must be logged on as an administrator to make changes."

What can i do to get admin rights.
I will do everything to avoid logging in to local computer with local user.

Hi NM,

If your the domain administrator, make sure the existing domain group policy (designed for XP or Vista) is not being applied to your Win7 machine as its about the only thing can be reverting your permissions.

Steven

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/62601-i-have-no-domain-admin-rights-local-computer.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all I m a fairly Users for Kingdom Local Admin for My Rights My new guy to the whole My Kingdom for Local Admin Rights for My Users Active Directory thing and GPO paradigm so forgive me if the question seems droll - but I can t for the life of me figure out how to grant Local Admin rights to users on their laptops while logging into the domain I ve looked evrywhere - books forums websites - but there s not much information on the topic I usually hear the typcal security arguments IE - quot you re inviting malware quot and quot That s a bad idea quot Well when the bossguy can t get AOL to intall he s kinda pissy at having to call me over Ditto for every other software installation update etc I know one solution is to have the user log onto the local machine and have quot local admin rights quot but that requires that he log on intall log off log onto domain etc Too much too complicated The long and short of it is I m looking for a way to grant admin rights for their local machine while logged onto the domain Would I do this through groups GPO or a combanation Thanks so much for any information you could give me SW nbsp

A:My Kingdom for Local Admin Rights for My Users

The way to do it is to login to the computer with domain admin permissions (that's often the administrator account on the domain controller), manage local computer, local users and groups, administrators group, add, and choose the user that's supposed to have local admin privileges. Click OK for everything and you're good. A method I've used before is to create a group for each computer, add that group to the local administrators group, then you can add or remove a user from the groups as necessary. You can find out how to do it with group policy here --> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_21577234.html which is the top result in a google search for "how to grant local admin domain". I can't say I'm impressed with your searching skills unless this doesn't answer your question.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-kingdom-for-local-admin-rights-for-my-users.510872/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a domain network with about 25 XP workstations. Currently they are all local admin users. We want to try to stop them loading unapproved software and other junk. Can I remove the local admin rights and just make them a standard user? If they are set as a standard user will the Windows Updates still install without entering an admin password?? Also, what about Java and Adobe updates? What is the best way to handle this?

thanks

Relevancy 82.99%

Folks - At my new job we are running about 16 PC's on a network and app.'s like outlook and some specific chapter 13 software..My question is.......if I sit down to a PC login as admin and start MS updates, then cannot make it make to the PC to complete them, can the user of that PC just login as them with their password and continue working normally, or can't they just cold reboot the PC then login and every thing's fine??? It is my understanding that if they return to their PC and see that an admin was logged in, they just needed to change it to their user name and password and everything's fine...?? YES or NO ???

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-on-local-machine-while-installing-ms-updates.711030/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello guys Please help me find a way to solve my problem Yesterday when I first set up Win I have created a windows account with my email Soon after I have realized that my C Users folder was messed up it was a shorter version of my email so I decided to swith to a local account instead and to my huge surprise I have love every right to change anything I have tried every solution I have found on the internet I am able to boot in save mode but the cmd doesn't point to the system so I cannot execute NET USER Win local from after Lost account switching to one rights Admin 10 ADMINISTRATOR ACTIVE YES I spent hours and I couldn't fix it I even switched back to the win account and I still do not have any rights to make changes I can't even make changes in control panel in safe mode It's getting frustrating and after the update the solutions on the other forums do not even make sence anymore I just want a local acount with my right name and administrator rights Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70169-lost-admin-rights-after-switching-win-10-account-local-one.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi After Dell support tried to troubleshoot some network card issues they downloaded creating admin Malware appdata/local/temp files hijacking rights in & a buncha stuff including windows updates and drivers but also f-d some stuff up because after that my McAfee stopped working and Dell said it was a bug with McAfee that they were seeing a lot and uninstalled it paid version mind you and said to ignore it At the same Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights time they replaced the MB and ever since then I've been having issues with my MB sound where the sound from the speakers L and R come out of only the L integrated onboard speaker However if I plug in headphones into the jack then it properly plays L sound from L headphone and R sound from R headphone Dell keeps trying to get me to download this and that to try and solve the issue and I am worried that they are causing some of my problems Especially since the last series of updated they made to my drivers somehow made my McAfee not work at all and they disabled it Which is exactly the same time frame that all the files popped up in my temp folder I have no idea if any of this is related or just coincidental Then a week or so after I noticed my laptop's hard drive space got sucked in half with a small SSD it was clear something was wrong I noticed in my appdata local temp there are dozens of zip files being made each day named Temp - followed by a personal file folder name through Temp -xx everyday that I turn on my computer and it goes online it seems to generate a new series of these folder copies In addition I also see folders created titled Temp blinkyappRsrc en-US zip and Temp obsidianappRsrc en-US zip A during the last few weeks I did get the BS error with some sort of kernel error message that I unfortunately do not have a picture of It was when Dell was trying to troubleshoot my computer and downloaded some drivers I am not sure if it was a valid error or not but I thought I would just mention it Opening task manager there are multiple instances of the following running processes WmiPrvSE exe instances chrome exe instances nvvsvc exe svchost exe dllhost exe varies csrss exe This is a Dell xps z running Windows with Avast and having run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quick and full-no malware was found CCleaner has been run error checking Something just isn't adding up I would greatly appreciate any assistance AVAST detected a Win Trojan john exe in some of those temp files but has moved them to sandbox also i noticed that there were approx files folders in appdata local temp that I was not able to delete when i tried it told me i need admin rights well i'm the main account and only admin account holder so i couldn't understand why under my account as admin i am not given security to access those files so I checked the permissions and i saw home users and an unknown account S- - - - - - - both having permissions in addition to my account guest and administrators I deleted the unknown account and am doing a search on the user name on my C drive to see if I see it anywhere else so far it is showing up in C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - UA job protected lock icon C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - Core job protected lock icon SARVI- Z Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - SARVI- Z Users Sarvi AppData Roaming Microsoft Crypto RSA S- - - - - - - C ProgramData Microsoft PlayReady Cache not shared protected lock icon C Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - shared C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - pkg C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - tmp Any help would be greatly appreciated This is my only computer and I need it as it is my only method to work thanks again in advance for a... Read more

A:Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights

also as I stated, this is a SSD and I hate to think what all this adding/deleting is doing to the lifespan of the drive. if I even have a drive to save anymore since I can't seem to find what the heck has infected the system.

please any help would be greatly appreciated! I really need this computer in order to work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494585/malware-creating-files-in-appdatalocaltemp-hijacking-admin-rights/
Relevancy 76.97%

Ran into an odd issue last night that I cannot fully understand. I will keep it short, but the basic jist is: I was trying to rename a local profile to [username].old so when they logged back into the domain, it rebuilt from scratch. However, even logged in as local admin to the PC, I kept getting access denied. At one point, I was getting a NTUSER error when trying to rename.

Was trying to rename through backdoor [\\[pcname]\c$, then going to doc&settings] as well as simply going to the C drive locally, no dice.

Tried rebooting twice, still no dice. This PC is in, what my job considers, a high security sec group, so maybe the GPOs being applied to the PC as it connects to the domain is tying up the local profiles?

A:[SOLVED] access denied to rename local profile, logged as admin

nm, just asked a coworker. says a reboot will usually kill anything tying up the profiles, if not, he uses a tool called LockHunter to find out what is accessing the profile and kills it from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-access-denied-to-rename-local-profile-logged-as-admin-628994.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can.

I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a local Admin account (not "Administrator" itself) but with the same rights as Administrator, for example being able to add a new user.

This was possible in previous versions of Windows - can it still be achieved and if so, how?

A:Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

You need to add your new local account to the administrators group. To do this log in with your original Administrator account. Then open an elevated command prompt (right click on start and select Command Prompt (admin).

Then type: net localgroup administrators "UserName" /add

where UserName is the name of your new local account.

You can check which users belong to the various groups with these commands:
net localgroup guests
net localgroup users
net localgroup administrators

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56221-give-local-account-admin-rights-same-access-administrator.html
Relevancy 73.53%

We have users on roaming User temporary profile? logs Enterprise - different machines/no - Windows in 3 profile 7 with Windows nbsp Enterprise machines nbsp No one has a roaming profile Users cannot install programs nbsp The users move around so they don't use the same machine all the time and there may be profiles on one machine nbsp They don't always logout but the machines are restarted once a week at least nbsp nbsp Occasionally we may delete profiles on the machines but this is a remote site so we seldom do nbsp Users primarily use remote apps served up either by Citrix or web interface nbsp Little is done locally other than printing nbsp All machines are imaged with the same software All users do the same thing Windows 7 Enterprise - User logs in with temporary profile - 3 different machines/no roaming profile? nbsp One user in an office of six machines can only login to three of the machines with a temporary profile nbsp nbsp She has nbsp no profile under Users nbsp There is no bak registry entry nbsp I cannot locate anything in the registry that points to this user nbsp I checked HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWSNT CURRENT VERSION PROFILELIST nbsp There were profiles but none for this user nbsp No bak profiles for her nothing nbsp I found a post that suggested increasing registry size reboot but still no clue nbsp This has been going on for months and she just let me know but I don't know if she called the help desk and they did something before nbsp Event log has errors saying nbsp Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - nbsp user registry handles leaked from winlogon exe svchost exe Any suggestiosn

A:Windows 7 Enterprise - User logs in with temporary profile - 3 different machines/no roaming profile?

Thanks.  She's working on the computer and does not logoff and back on quickly.  I just rechecked and there absolutely is not a .bak with her name.  On either computer.  I did find one for Temp and one for another user so now I have a
second user getting the profile issue.  I renamed that one and when the other user logged in, he got his profile. 

Guess I will just re-image the computers although I'd like to figure it out but I don't have the spare time to waste and don't want my user to keep getting the temp profile.  My company won't pay for the support and frankly, in all the years I've
been in IT, I've never had MS resolve one issue for me.  Not worth paying for.  Oh well, thanks for your suggestions.  If I have time to devote to this and figure anything else out, I will post the answer. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c119e866-e41e-4f0c-a605-6f205bb8498e/windows-7-enterprise-user-logs-in-with-temporary-profile-3-different-machinesno-roaming?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I have a user that has now left our company and would therefore like to delete their roaming profile from the profiles folder on our server.

I have deleted their account from Active Directory and have then tried to delete their profile from the roaming profiles folder. But when I do this I get the access denied message, the reason being that the file may be open or I do not have sufficient rights. I have also taken ownership of the folder so I have all the correct permissions.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,

A:Access Denied when I try to delete a users roaming profile from the profile share ?

Hello,

Try to reset the permissions of the folder, and then make sure you have ownership of the sub folders to.

What OS are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-when-i-try-to-delete-a-users-roaming-profile-from-the-profile-share.675028/
Relevancy 70.95%

On Windows XP, installing iTunes requires admin rights. However, it is not good to use an admin account for regular work. For the Palm Desktop, the workaround was to grant admin rights to the user account, install the application using the user-turn-admin account, then ungrant admin rights. Will this last step cause problems for iTunes, or does iTunes require admin rights for its regular operation (outside of being installed)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/grant-user-admin-rights-install-itune-ungrant-rights-401232.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all,

a little info on me (i hope im using correct IT jargon), im inquring for my work computer, its running Win XP svc pk 2, we logon using roaming profile, and when i login i get a message saying: windows cannot locate roaming profile and will attempt to login using local profile. the IT guy here takes forever to respond to his trouble tickets and I have enough knowledge to be helpful. any advice would be appreciated thank you.

-afs16554-

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

we have a windows 2003 server which stores users roaming profiles.

I have one user who's desktop sometimes doesnt get updated. For example,
when the user deletes a file or folder - next time then login in the
file/folder is still comes back on the folder.

The other thing is that sometimes folders deleted sometime back all of
suddenly reappear on the desktop.

What could be the issue?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile.700044/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have created a roaming profile in win 2003 enviroment,every thing is working fine except the desktop back ground.It is different back ground if i login from different computer

A:Roaming profile

Closng duplicate.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/583076-roaming-profile.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile.583077/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Have a PC at work running Windows available Roaming profile not XP SP in a domain environment with Windows SBS I have a user who tries to log on to the domain and gets the following message Your roaming profile is not available Roaming profile not available You are logged on with the locally stored profile Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied Then Roaming profile not available I get the next message Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes to this profile wiil be lost when you log off I checked the permissions on this users roaming profile folder and they are the same as every other user in the organization Full control for Administrators Creator Owner has special permissions Domain Users has Full Control System has Full Control and Users has Full Control I checked ownership and Administrator has ownership of the folder I can access the network folder and all documents for this user after the temp profile logs on I tried logging this user on a different machine and get the same message as before I tried logging a different user on the same PC and it hangs on Loading your personal settings and then I get the following error Windows cannot copy file server etc May be due to network problems or insufficient security rights I tried logging this user on a different machine and it worked fine Any insight as to what this may be I tried a new NIC in the machine and get the same result Thanks in advance for any help insight you can provide Feral Geek nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

We have a Windows 2003 Domain and a Windows 2003 file server, the AD is on server01 and the file server is server05 all the profiles are on the file server.

We have one user that has a roaming profile and it will not save anything back to the server, I have installed the User Profile Hive Cleanup and its still dose not work.

I have tried to rejoin the computer to the domain but still no luck.

I have even done a full reinstall of the users laptop but this has not fixed it, dose anyone know of any problems that would cause a profile not to save back to the server?

Thanks for any help you can give....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-help.657171/
Relevancy 65.79%

i have set up a roaming profile on my server already and i was wondering if there is anything i have to do on the workstations for the roaming profile to work

A:Roaming Profile

As long as the Roaming Profile is set up correctly on the server, there shouldn't be anything you need to do to the client machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile.363383/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have created a roaming profile in win 2003 enviroment,every thing is working fine except the desktop back ground.It is different back ground if i login from different computer

A:Roaming Profile

it would be greatly appreciated if you do not post in two places...

Pick a forum and post there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile.583076/
Relevancy 65.36%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone local machine is xp pro on a win K domain server Problem is that when anyone tries to log on this machine gives an error quot Windows cannot copy file fpb users data Profiles ron ronpr Recent X- BL au api N zip lnk to location C Documents and Settings ron Recent X- BL au api N zip lnk Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights If this problem persists contact your network administrator DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot Roaming profile errors the file stated will change each time you try to login quot and Roaming profile errors no profiles are not corrupted it happens to ALL profiles i removed one local profile then started in safe mode and user could log in properly proper desktop Roaming profile errors etc only thing is the new profile was created as temp ourdomain but it functions This happened a while back to the same machine and it ended up being a virus or trojan that seemed to change the users ID but i dont recall what one it was And I dont seem to see it using spybot etc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-errors.637034/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hopefully this is in the correct forum.

We recently want to roaming profiles on all of our company computers. For some reason, if a user is off-site and they move files and folders around, when they return the the office, everything is moved back.
This does not happen all the time, but does make my users feel uneasy that their changes or new documents where not saved.
Any one know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-is-changing.622510/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am having several roaming profile issues I manage workstaions with windows XP with SP The server is windows which is up to date Roaming Issues Profile on patches There are about users This is a community college The share that the roaming profiles are on is not hidden The profiles seem to work but are not always removed as set by policy Not being removed is issue The share is set to NOT allow offline files Issue occassionally the user loads a corrupt roaming profile and the result is not being able to print or select a printer and the left side of the start menu is blank I resolve this by having the user logout I change the name of the profile and the user then logs in and system then loads a new default profile I do not have issues with mandatory profiles set on accounts that work on special labs about machines We are cleaning residual profiles manually and I have used microsoft s tool to remove residual profiles but it does not remove all of them Last year this problem was caused by our Symantec virus software see their website But updating the virus software was not a complete solution or any at all as I didn t keep data Problem appears to grow with time during the semester At the end of the semester I clear all accounts all data files on the server and all roaming profiles Roaming Profile Issues and start all over again I did not notice this issue when using windows workstations and windows server Almost all of the hardware has been changed since the conversion to the new OS I have yet to see log files on local machines that list any profile errors I have seen errors that say all tcpip connecting have been used but this does not seem to time stamp with the profile issues Thanks for any suggestions IIEMike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-issues.640617/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok I have a gigabit network set up Profile not Working Roaming with Windows Server and about computers Roaming Profile not Working that are running Windows XP Now I set Roaming Profile not Working up two different profiles with Roaming profiles to see if it works so that I could have all the computers logging onto the domain The problem I am getting is that when I try to log on to the domain with one of them it seems like it tries to load it but doesn t Roaming Profile not Working find it on the server but all the stuff is correct The error it gives me seems like it is a security error but the profile is in the administrator domain Then the other profile I have set up loads it takes an eternity to load and it does not bring in anything from my documents favorites or anything from the server The way I created the profile is by doing the system - copy profile and copying it to server profile username I can log onto the server with the both profiles just fine and I would really appreciate any bodies help in getting this running Its an architectural design firm and we have people that use scanners tablets on different computers and it would be great if we could set this up Thank you ahead of time Joel nbsp

A:Roaming Profile not Working

I hope this helps Roaming User Profiles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-not-working.229713/
Relevancy 64.93%

Folks, no doubt this question come up before, I just can't find any information about it ... so if anyone is in the know-how, your help would be appreciated.

This is my scenario (as an example):
I have 3 PCs and 1 DC -- 2 x Windows XP and 1x Windows Vista Ultimate. I have them setup for roaming profile. Now, the question XP machines recognise and load the profile fine... however! Will the Vista PC do the same... or will it just create its own profile on the DC and disregard he profile (ntuser.dat) that the 2 XPs machines use....

Surely, M$ would have been smart enough to make them compatible?

Any help appreciated... I would like to know before I start implementing the above.

Thanks.

A:Vista / XP Roaming Profile

Hi. . .

Unfortunately Vista uses a v2 profile where windows 2000 - windows XP uses v1. But never say never. It can be done and will involve redirection and Vista Junctions. You can read all about it and the potential solution available as written by Mike Stephens in "Managing Roaming User Data Deployment Guide", which I found a while back on a Microsoft Support site. I have attached the Word Document to this post.

Good Luck to you.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-xp-roaming-profile-262065.html
Relevancy 64.93%

As an administrator how do I resolve the following issue?

Your roaming profile is not available. You are logged on with the locally stored profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Access is denied.

Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/roaming-profile-errors-331296.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have problem with roaming profile on vista business. We have server windows 2003, using xp roaming profiles (users are not assigned to the computer). Users keep changing the pcs, Vista joined correctly domain but profiles doesn't work. I've read that redirection of the folder is the solution, but all my users keep swapping pcs. Any idea how to make compatible xp roaming profile with vista roaming profile? many thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/248294-vista-roaming-profile.html
Relevancy 64.93%

At work we have roaming profiles set up with Roaming Profile Files a maximum size of MB In order to reduce Roaming Profile Files the size of the profile we go in and delete files as necessary from C Documents and Settings UserName by using the Profile Storage Space dialog as a guide Pretty standard stuff So I have written a program that lists all files in C Documents and Settings UserName and allows you to directly delete open etc files in the list In doing so I noticed that the folder contains MB of data compared to the MB that my profile is reported as containing I am guessing that Windows chooses a subset of files in the directory to make up the roaming profile What I would like to know is what these are and where are they defined It must either be a standard or recorded somewhere on the machine because the Profile Storage Space dialog successfully works Any help would be very gratefully accepted I have trawled the web for days on this topic now with no results nbsp

A:Roaming Profile Files

By default, the History, Local Settings, Temp, and Temporary Internet Files folders are excluded from the user's roaming profile.

The ExcludeProfileDirs value in the following key contains a list of folders that will be excluded from a roaming profile:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
This TechNet article Step-by-Step Guide to User Data and User Settings might be useful, but I've barely glanced at it so can't promise anything.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-files.662817/
Relevancy 64.93%

(after installing sp4 on a couple of computers, we get an error message when logging on with roaming profiles.

the message we are getting is:

Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Windows did not load your profile because a server copy of the profile folder already exists that does not have the correct security. Either the current user or the Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder. Contact your network administrator.

we are running a w2k ad integrated domain. all the workstations are w2k pro.

please help me! = \)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-problems-after-sp4.160475/
Relevancy 64.93%

This is my question, I would like for the users to be able to access there email from any machine that they login to on our domain, I think that this would be a roaming profile. I have actually worked at a place where you could login to any machine and Outlook would automatically configure it's self with your email account, you would not have to configure anything. How do you set this up.
Another note, we are still using Exchange 5.5 but are moving over to 2003 this summer.
Thanks.

A:Question about a roaming profile.

you would want to create roaming profiles. Do you know how to do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-a-roaming-profile.569631/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone.

I have an XP Pro client which is in a small domain network (30 clients). It was set up by the former admin, and seemed to be pretty struggeling. It used approximately ONE HOUR to load it's Roamin Profile. I found the profile size of 5GB, and quickly saw this was a really bad solution.

I deleted the roaming profiles, and set up new users. Now I can't login with any other user account (except local admin). I get the message "Windows cannot load your profile" DETAIL - System cannot find the specified file.

I've googled this for a while, but everyone seems to get a message telling them the profile is corrupt. In my case, the profile is long gone, and that was also the intention, so I've found very little help so far.

Anyone know why this happens, or how I can fix it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/old-roaming-profile-hanging-508930.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Windows cannot copy file C Documents and Settings username ntuser tmp to location ServerName profiles username NTUSER DAT Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights If this problem persists contact your network administrator DETAIL - Access is denied I keep getting this error when I try logging off It looks like security rights Profile Problem Roaming to me but I'm pretty sure I set both file permissions and share permissions properly In AD I set up user dummy with the following information Profile Path Servername Profiles pdummy The quot p quot means profile We already have shares on this server with usernames Logon Script something bat Home folder Connected as H ServerName username File permissions for quot profiles quot is set to Full Control for Domain Users and Domain Admins I tried multiple ways to get this to work but nothing is replicating Please offer any assistance The user I'm testing with is a dummy account called quot dummy quot

A:Roaming Profile Problem

I should also point out that \\ServerName\Profiles$ is directed to a cluster.

\\ServerName = Cluster Group Name.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90610/roaming-profile-problem/
Relevancy 64.93%

Im working in an organization where my PC is used by different ppl and all login to roaming prifiles.

When logging in it gives me the message as Roaming profile is not loaded completely.

Pls advice

A:Roaming profile issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971338

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/roaming-profile-issue-570749.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Bad title?

Back story: Got a refurbished machine, when to work on it to set it up to work on my network.

Created a new user for the machine.

It's using a roaming profile.

I have no problems at this point with deleting that user and starting again, have not gotten that far into setting things up.

Question is, how do I disable that roaming profile creation?

A:Disable Roaming Profile Creation

Is this in a domain or workgroup environment? If a roaming profile I would suspect a domain...

To change the profile simply go to System properties in Windows and then select Advanced System Settings

From here select User Profiles to change user profile settings.

After that it should show all profiles of users that have logged on to the machine. Select the user to change and then click on Change Type...

Now you can select to change the profile to local or roaming...

To apply the changes you will need to log off and then log back in with the user in question.

In active directory you will need to go to the properties of the user in question and disassociate the UNC path to store the profile:

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311834-disable-roaming-profile-creation.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Here is what I am trying to do so please feel free to tell me Im crazy or it's not possible.

I have two computers one is in the basement on 24/7 its my game/server Ultimate x64

The second is my upstairs Imac.

I do not wish to have redundent files on both machines, so I would like to have the iMacs win 7 (32 or x64) use the same files and folders from downstairs.

If I have to install applications on it im fine, but I would like to keep as much as possible running off the downstairs folders that I placed on d:\ drive. (all my Documnets, movies, music, etc I moved to a new folder on d:\User

If anyone has experience with this please let me know if Im wasting time on this adventure?

+Rep waiting for the knowledgeable ones

A:How can I setup a true roaming profile?

Roamin profiles don't apply here. You are describing server storage - which you can emulate with your setup. The "server" will have to be on to use it, of course.

Use Libraries - add the folders from the "server machine" to the "client"

or

Map a folder as a network drive on the "server" machine.

In your User folder (..\Users\DorfDad\...) right click properties on each folder you wish to treat this way.

Select location.

Browse to the mapped drive, OK

Select Move

Select Yes to move existing files.

I may be a bit fuzzy in the detail, but this process is fairly simple and I think you will see it clearly once you begin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/20184-how-can-i-setup-true-roaming-profile.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys,

I would have to say I am at a loss on this one, hope someone has some insight. We are running AD on a win2k3 SP1 box, the clients are all xp SP2 machines. We are using roaming profiles, they work well, but occasionally users profiles revert back to older forms.

For example, one user was on the phone for about 3 minutes, her computer logged her off, when she logged back on it appears like her profile merged with an older version of itself.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-updating-issue.389301/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Roaming profile on a Windows 2008 R2 domain with Windows 7 clients.

I have created a Share on my file server (\\server\Profiles$).
The Share permissions; Domain admins - Full control, Everyone - Change/Read, Roaming Users - Change/Read.
The Security on the Share folder; Roaming Users - Modify, Domain Admins - Full control, Domain users - Modify.

Profile path in AD - \\server\Profiles$\%username%.
When I login with my test user, a folder is created under the 'Profiles$' share with a .V2 extension.
Only the test user can open that profile folder but not the Domain admins.

Is something wrong with the permissions?

A:Roaming profile Win 2008 R2 and Windows 7

Hello there mate!

I'm not an expert but here is something you can try Run "rsop.msc" on clients to check if "Allow Administrator group to Roaming Profiles" was applied. Also run "gpupdate /force" to make sure everything is applied properly.

In addition to this you can try to add the Domain admins to NTFS permission and see if that works.

Just go over this once again just to make sure all the settings are done correctly Deploy Roaming User Profiles

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336768-roaming-profile-win-2008-r2-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi.

I have installed a new win 10 client, and sign in to my domain running on Windows 2012 R2 std edition.

But i have a problem when the user logon.

The new profile patch is Automatic created on server
\\servername\profile$\username.v5

But when i logoff client, there coming nothing files into this patch.

My another Win 10 client, Work fine.
I hope for help
Bedst Regnars. Lars

A:Roaming profile problem with windows 10

There has not been a true roaming profile since NT2000.

You need to go back and recheck your GPO and AD.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39897-roaming-profile-problem-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there I have run a domain on some Windows servers I have had to do a clean install on it all over the last weekend I have setup a share for roaming profile and one for redirected doucuments I need to be able to get into edit and delete the contents of people profiles documents However I am not entirely sure how to do this This means permissions Permissions? Profile URGENT!!! Roaming - :s should enclude Full control for the domain User System Administators The owner should be adminisators --I think So far somehow The profiles are creating themselves while The domian user System and administrator with full control over Roaming Profile Permissions? - URGENT!!! :s the folder The user is designated as the owner - and to do what I want it eds to be designated as administrators -How can I make it so all profiles created are like this On the user documents folder the only thing that is how I want it is the User has full control It needs the administors and system to also have full control and there is so far no owner set -How can i get this how I need Any help will Roaming Profile Permissions? - URGENT!!! :s be appreciated as I need it sorted before I have to re-open the network tonight - obviousaly Cheers nbsp

A:Roaming Profile Permissions? - URGENT!!! :s

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-permissions-urgent-s.661087/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have several computers connected onto a domain. All the users can login without a problem, but when I login as a domain admin, I get an error, something to do with the user profile be not loaded correctly. The roaming profile isn't loaded in full, its still using the c:\users profile.

Is it just a case of deleteing the user profile from all the local drives and the server, then login again?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237168-roaming-user-profile-not-loaded.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello novice networking person here A PC at work kept showing quot local network cable unplugged quot I checked the connection with the switch and changed cables with one that worked and still got the same message quot local network cable unplugged quot The NIC lights were amber color so I figured it may be the NIC that was not working It was an integrated NIC I found an old NIC lying around Intel and installed it in a PCI slot The lights are now green and the network connection is OK but the user cannot access any network folders and gets the following message when logging off quot Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with profile Server cannot locate roaming your local profile Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you log-off Possible causes of this error include network problems or Server cannot locate roaming profile insufficient security rights If this problem persists contact your network administrator quot The login script no longer executes when she logs on and all of the Server cannot locate roaming profile network folders are inaccessible Any ideas what could be wrong I can ping the loopback server default gateway etc I tried repairing the network connection Nothing Server cannot locate roaming profile seems to work The PC is running Windows XP Pro with SP and all updates and patches are current I googled MS website and nothing there helped I did read in one forum that an old NIC could possibly cause the roaming profile problem Should I buy a new NIC and install it in a PCI slot and see if that corrects the problem Any suggestions would be much appreciated Thank you for your time Feral Geek nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I've just installed Windows Technet Profile Denied Roaming Access edition on a new PC here at work My AD account has a roaming profile called srv jeffery j roamprof At some point during the logon logoff process a new folder is created on the server called srv jeffery j roamprof V I'm guessing this 'V ' suffix is added is because of significant changes to the folder structure compared to the XP profile and to avoid a messy merge of the two Having created a file on my desktop when I log off the profile copies up to the fileserver apparently without error If I look in the folder on the server the desktop file I created is there However when I log on I get a message to the effect of quot Windows has logged you on with your local profile copy due to problems accessing your roaming Roaming Profile Access Denied copy quot When I look in Eventvwr I see this event Quote Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User DOMAIN jeffery Roaming Profile Access Denied j Computer ITW DOMAIN com Description Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you log off This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights DETAIL - Access is denied This implies Roaming Profile Access Denied a security issue but if I can write to the folder as proved by the desktop icon I created and I can browse to it what can be wrong As a further test I logged off from the PC created another file in the Desktop folder on the server and logged back on to the PC This new file does not appear on the PC I've checked the permissions in the Registry HKCU hive and my AD account has full control Any ideas folks JJ

A:Roaming Profile Access Denied

Hi, I've found this, not sure if ti will help, I haven't tested myself as yet...

Roaming Profiles and Folder Redirection with Windows 7

If this helps, please let me know, I will be testing next week...!

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27123-roaming-profile-access-denied.html
Relevancy 64.5%

After checking Microsoft's site and the WWW I have not been able to find a answer to a problem I'm having when I log off or reboot my machine. Here is the message that I get

Windows cannot update your roaming profile. Contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - There is not enough space on the disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm running W2K SP3.

A:Roaming Profile Error message

Due to a two-stage process, the profile server requires freespace that is twice the profile size. If disk quotas are enabled, you require a minimum available quota that is twice the profile size.

source:JSI

you may also want to read this this article

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-error-message.139428/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've setup a roaming profile account, I logged into it first on the domain controller, and now on a desktop computer. but the " and @ are the reverse keys, and some other things like the # key has become |, how do I change the profiles keyboard layout?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-keyboard-language.913876/
Relevancy 64.5%

I finished correcting a relative's pc which they started the upgrade to windows 10.
PC uses a usb-to-wireless network adapter to connect to internet.
I brought the pc home and plugged it in to my router via cat6 cable to finish upgrading to windows 10 and put classic shell on, had everything working at my house. Bring pc back to relative's house where I left the usb-to-wireless network adapter. When i boot up pc it always says cannot load profile.
How can I prevent this so that in windows 10 if the internet is not available, it still logs in to the one and only user account on the system.
Getting the usb-to-wireless adapter recognized in windows 10 and then connect to the internet is another story, please don't say the solution was to get the wireless connection working. The solution I need is when there is no internet that user can still log in, access there word/excel document then print them.
thanks.

A:how to prevent roaming profile when internet is not available

Is the computer set to join a domain?

What is the difference between a domain, a workgroup, and a homegroup?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51156-how-prevent-roaming-profile-when-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Some questions for you system admins out there.

do you set limits on the folder size for your users roaming profiles folder?

What limit do you set?

do you use folder re-direction?

Thanks am just trying to plan a better way of using our profiles.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-size-limits.635104/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey gang;

Sorry if this post is a little out of place here; but Im really stuck onsite on an issue.

Background:
In the process of swapping one 03 SBS with another one.... don't ask...

Currently users have roaming profiles; which is up and running.
I can log as the user; and the profile will move no problem; (shares/desktop/my doc's etc etc)

But when I log off; I receiving the following message

Windows cannot update your roaming profile. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

I don't believe the issue is network related; I think its some ownership issue with the profile folder.... I've tried making the user owner of the file; tried sharing with everyone; etc etc with no success....

Technet and Experts exchange have no real detail on my issue.... any help appreciated.

G

A:win2003 sbs Roaming Profile issue

Since your "swapping" them I am assuming you have gone through every single users group membership and all directories share settings and NTFS settings? Also ensure you don't ave any kind of disk quotas enabled that won't allow for you to update due to disk space....

I am thinking this will end up being permissions related.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2003-sbs-roaming-profile-issue.445307/
Relevancy 64.5%

I would like to change an existing NT user profile from a local to a roaming but the option in System Properties>User Profiles is greyed out.

Can I change a profile and if yes then how?

If I have to start a fresh then please tell me how to do that too.

Thank You

PikaPikaDude

Relevancy 64.5%

Anyone having problems with roaming profiles on a domain? My roaming profile will not load in a domain setting.

Need help.

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/9345-roaming-profile-not-loading-gpu-issues.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a user that works on 2 HP Win XP machines with a roaming profile.

It was working in the past, but now her profile won't upload to the win 2003 server from either machine after logging out.
If I make a change to the profile folder (like creating a document folder), it downloads to the pcs on login.

I tried reinstalling the OS on one machine, but still have the problem.

A:roaming profile won't upload to server

Further to this, the roaming profile share folder on the server has had offline caching turned off.
The user has full control privileges over the root folder and profile sub-folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-wont-upload-to-server.885322/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys, I got a question about roaming profile.
Every time I, a user, change the background on one client machine and log off, the changed background doesn't show up when I log on to another client machine in that same domain. However, if I go to "Display Properties" and "Desktop" on the 2nd client machine, I can see the changes that have been made. I have to click "OK" in "Display Properties" in oreder for the changed background to show up.

Has anyone experience this before? Please help. I do not know what went wrong, and the admin can't figure it, either.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-roaming-profile-doesnt-work.320515/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so my buddy's ancient xp laptop has failing video I logged onto it as an administrator and shared all the users documents I proceeded to another pc in the house running Vista and created an administrator account with the same credentials as the laptop's then copied Admin doing created newly Move to after Missing from profile Files profile mostly I used copy but for a few folders I used the move command over the network the primary users profile folder It took two attempts It failed to connect the first time but succeeded after I returned to the laptop and disabled Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile simple file sharing and gave the laptops administrator's user account I shared the folders from security permissions to all user folders in question I had my friend's Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile girlfriend verify all her pictures were in place on the Vista PC and they were I felt like quot see I do know my stuff quot They aren't computer people and have alot of old failing machines I keep going for them I do this for a living and must have donated a not insignificant amount of time keeping their aging stuff going and I've had a string of having to tell them I simply couldn't make things like HD transcoding and playback run quot any more better quot or that I couldn't software fix failing hardware on their aging collection of machines So I was happy for the successful move My bud's girl ended up staying on the PC's Admin's profile FaceBooking and reminiscing about the irreplaceable pictures that absolutely needed to be saved from the laptop The ones of a recently lost loved one the loss of which they were taking quite hard It was obvious she was happy to still have them and that made me feel good that something finally worked without a hitch This went on for quite awhile until it got late and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about getting her stuff off that profile and moved to a Limited user account History has taught me again and again the only way to keep my donated time down to a minimum in certain situations is to keep them using limited user accounts So when she went upstairs I created her a user account on the PC which is running Vista with her name and quickly logged onto and off of it making sure the profile's user account's folders were created I logged back onto the Admin account I previously created for the move which matched the credentials of the failing laptop's and navigated to the newly created users desktop folder and copied some stuff from the moved laptop's desktop folder Success At this point my buddy who's been tossing back beers for hours now tells me that it's he understandably so feels like turning in It's not like I'm yet again working for free right I wonder if I was swapping a motor in his car at no charge he would be rushing me out with only a few bolts left to tighten but I understand it seems to him like I'm doing nothing but keeping him from turning in at this point So I say quot give me just another few minutes quot not wanting to drag the move out another day I selected the four remaining folders in the transferred laptop's user's folder and gave them a move command to the newly created limited users Documents folder instead of putting Pictures in pictures and movies in movies music in music like I started to do with the desktop folder Then in the agonizingly slow fashion everything computer related over there always seem to go the transfer window after the UAC move permissions prompts displays that the move is going to take an hour plus but just long enough for him to say quot that's it I got to turn in quot before flashing to zero and seemingly completing successfully Then I notice the source folder still contained a full pictures folder and a music folder so I reselected them and gave them the move command again accepting the uac prompts and a do this for all move and replace for files of same name and... Read more

A:Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

You could have summed this up in a lot less words.
Try to recover your files using the free Recuva.
If that fails, try the Free PhotoRec a part of TestDisk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-missing-after-doing-move-from-admin-profile-to-newly-created-profile-740513.html
Relevancy 64.07%

All I want to preface this inquiry with the following this is a home lab environment and does not affect production systems in any way Any information provided will be tested in a test VM prior to execution on any critical system I recently joined my primary home system to my lab domain I wanted to retain all of the settings and configurations of my local system but use a domain account to login I followed this migration write-up Step by Step Migrate Local User Profile to Domain User Profile with all Settings The gist of the migration involves adding the domain user to the ACL for the C Users localUser with Full Control and propagate those permissions through the folder This step worked without issue Then profile size local after domain and Explorer longer cache to profile migrating works location no modify the ACL for the HKCU hive by adding the domain user to the ACL with Full Control and propagate those permissions Explorer size and location cache no longer works after migrating local profile to domain profile through the hive This step appears to work but some keys cannot be modified Finally we change the ProfileImagePath for the domain user SID under HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList and reboot The change appears to have worked without issue All of my settings are intact and the look and feel is as expected One very significant problem however is that the window explorer exe size and location cache is not functioning If I click on Explorer size and location cache no longer works after migrating local profile to domain profile File Explorer the window opens as usual but the layout is using tiles while I prefer the Details view I change to the details view and make some other changes close the window re-open the window and it's back to the initial layout with tiles and the size is set back to a smaller default I did some research and significant reading on the Shell Bags and BagMRU registry hives and how they work I read Annanya Podder's response to remove the Bags and BagMRU folders and recreate them with default configurations Windows doesn't remember size and position of previously opened programs This does not resolve the issue however I opened ProcMon and started a trace while opening resizing closing and re-opening a File Explorer window and there are no registry queries or writes of data to any of the bag hives which leads me to believe there's something corrupt with the registry If I perform the same trace on a functioning Windows VM or even with another profile on the affected machine I see queries and even writes to the Shell Bags registry hive The affected profile doesn't even try to query those hives or otherwise write to them and there are no 'ACCESS DENIED' or 'NAME NOT FOUND' results in the ProcMon output I exported the HKCU hive prior to making any changes but I cannot update a loaded hive with the export I receive an error that the key or subkeys could not be updated I did not however save a copy of the old NTuser dat file but the HKCU export should have that data no I'm at the point now where I can go along to get along but I'm curious if anyone could guide me down any additional troubleshooting routes to figure this out The size and location cache used to work without issue but after the migration it's not functional As a system admin I use file explorer a lot and having to resize the window every time I open it is going to be painful Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly welcome Regards Ron Arestia MCSA Server Ron Arestia MCSA Server

A:Explorer size and location cache no longer works after migrating local profile to domain profile

I figured out my own issue. Don'tcha love it when that happens?
I logged into the affected machine as the domain administrator, and when I loaded the ntuser.dat hive for the affected user, I noticed that the \Software\Classes key didn't exist. It did, however, exist for the logged on user and it appears to correlate
directly to the key under HKU\[SID]_Classes.
On a hunch, I logged back into the affected profile, drilled down to HKU\[SID]_Classes, and when I checked the permissions, I noticed that the domain user did not have explicit permissions to the key and subkeys. I added Full Control permissions, propagated
them through the key and subkeys, rebooted, et voila! Everything is back to the way it should be.
I'll be leaving a comment for Mahdi Tehrani to ensure this is done to prevent issues like I had.Ron Arestia, MCSA (Server 2012)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6c274a5-fa33-4e56-a1e7-e31c1eab6816/explorer-size-and-location-cache-no-longer-works-after-migrating-local-profile-to-domain-profile?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello TSF users I am currently experiencing major problems with roaming profiles on client machines connected to a Problems Boot XP Profile Dual / Roaming Mac OS Dual Boot / XP Roaming Profile Problems X server Roaming profiles and temporary profiles are not an issue and do not occur on the Mac side on the client machines the problem resides entirely on the XP side for some students connecting to the server I'd say the ratio of people experiencing the problems to who aren't is roughly working experiencing the problems The problem in depth is a user will choose the Windows option when the dual boot screen appears when they power on the Mac When the user logs in an error message will appear along the lines of 'Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off quot Some of the students also seem to get an error message when they log off along the lines of quot Cannot copy file C Documents Name of document which can not be copied quot I've looked in Workgroup Manager on the Mac OS X Server and it shows that there is no windows path for ALL accounts even the students who log on successfully who encounter no problems with saving work temporary profile's roaming profiles which makes no sense whatsoever I'd greatly appreciate anyone shedding any light on my situation as I work as an IT technician in a school and this problem has been floating around for months Thanks Also there doesn't seem to be any home folders created for ANY of the students Which again makes no sense because a good of them can log on save work and retrieve it next time they log in

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello

I am trying to set up my pc so that it can connect to a wireless network, and logon to a VPN before I enter windows so that I can download the server copy of my roaming profile.

Currently, I when I logon, I get a message about not being able to download my roaming profile and that it will log me on using my local profile instead.
I then connect to the VPN using a connection I have created in Network Connections, but obviously this is no good since I am on my local profile

I sense that the way to get round this problem is to check the "Login using a dial up connection" box. But when I do this, no connections shows up and the "New" button is greyed out.

Can anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-server-copy-of-roaming-profile-205099.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have had a user call me this morning about their profile. When the log in they get this message

"Your roaming profile is not available. You are logged on with the locally stored profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server. Possible causes of this error include network problems of insufficient security rights. If this problem persists contact your network administrator"

When the user logs in she does not get access to the network drives, VPN or the internet.

I have checked Active Directory and the profile paths are correct and the way they are ment to be.

Does anyone have any other solutions to this problem?

A:Solved: Problem with one users roaming profile

Just to let you all know that i found the problem. Once other users came into the office it turned out to be the whole downstairs office that could not access the internet network drives or the VPN.

Turns out that the network cable going into the panel had come loose somhow so when i pushed it back in hey presto everything came back to life.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-one-users-roaming-profile.699164/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys Ok so first the problem it is on our school network and im currently profile dreamweaver & roaming files config helping the admins with something There are users on the school network and of them are required to create dreamweaver & roaming profile config files an quot dreamweaver & roaming profile config files E-portfolio quot in dreamweaver for our IT course When a user configures dreamweaver it creates a configuration file in the users profile quot c Documents and dreamweaver & roaming profile config files Settings username Application Data Macromedia Dreamweaver MX Configuration quot however with everyone having a roaming profile and static profiles would be out of the question when users log on it has to drag a meg file from the server to the root directory of the computer the user has logged on to Now although meg isn t very big when users are all login on at the same time it can take ages to log on Now our original idea was to just get rid of this configuration file and see what it affected - however it gets rid of all defined sites and also how you configure your window in dreamweaver - so this is out of the question So my question is - quot Is there anyway the we can reduce the file size or have a quot shared quot configuration file so that it just saves the defined sites on the user profiles quot Kind Regards Anthony EDIT Also it was debatable about which forum to put this in but thought the networking one was more relevant nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dreamweaver-roaming-profile-config-files.544512/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,
I am looking for a way to manage printers and network drives in a company.
On windows 2003 server, Windows XP client, roaming users should be able to log to a computer in finance, and from there be able to select the finance printers and the finance Share folder (S:\finance).
If the same user logs in HR dep, he can get HR printers and share folder (S:\HR).
In the past they had a little in house soft which they launch after they logon and then select their location and printers they want.
I am looking to do the same type of thing but I can't use the same old application. I am not a pure programer, I tried to find some tools (soft, script, GPO) that I can modify with the setup of my company.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Revan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profile-printers-shared-drive.761922/
Relevancy 63.64%

Every once and a while, a user's profile would get corrupted in the "roaming profiles" setup. The usual corruption is in Internet Explorer, Internet access get's blocked.

My only solution so far, is to rebuild the local profile and then copy it on the network "profiles" folder. This solution is envolves too many steps.

any sugestions:

Or can you point me towards deleting the individuals profile keys in the registry for the Internet Explorer. This way, IE will reload itself like new.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roaming-profiles-internet-explorer-profile.549341/
Relevancy 63.64%

First Users using Profile same Mandatory roaming the Multiple off I m using Win server with a mix of Win and XP Pro clients I have been struggling with this for a little while now and can t figure out what I am doing wrong forgetting So basically what I want is a single mandatory profile that is going to be used by a group of users This is what I have done so far All the users are in place and my group policy Multiple Users using the same roaming Mandatory Profile for those OU s is also in place The directory for the shared folder where the profile is stored in has been entered into those user accounts in active directory I have logged in as on of the users to create the profile Multiple Users using the same roaming Mandatory Profile within that shared directory The file extension for the NTUSER DAT file has been manually changed to MAN However I can only get it to work with the account that I first logged in as to create the profile If I try with any other account it pretty much ignores all the group policy settings I can t think of what I did wrong or what I haven t done to make this work Please need help bad Thanks for any replies nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-users-using-the-same-roaming-mandatory-profile.539834/
Relevancy 63.64%

anyone know how to stop the below error from popping up when you log on mobile. I want to use roaming profiles so there will be a copy of the users profile on the network in case they want to logon to a different machine or something.
If no one has an answer to this then my question is how do you deal with logging in mobile (do you still log onto the domain?)
ERROR:

Windows cannot locate your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be propagated to the server. DETAIL: Network path was not found.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I don't know if anybody out here wil be able to help - but I hope so.

I have a windows 2003 PDC which has clients connecting to it and using Mandatory Roaming profiles for each user. The only problem is that the wallpaper for the user will never stay applied after logoff. (clients are all running windows xp pro)

The display control panel remembers the option and opening Display and closing it again will apply it however, as you can imagine, opening this each time you login is annoying just to set a background.

Does anybody have any ideas about how to get it to apply?

I've read things about permissions which seems likly however have tried putting it on the local machines, in a mounted drive letter and on a standard file share (all with everybody access) - all with little joy.

Thanks

Adam

A:Windows 2003/XP Roaming Profile Issue

You just stated what your problem is, the mandatory profile setup leaves the desktop wallpaper in it's original state, if you change it it will always return to the original. You just need to change the profiles from mandatory to normal roaming profiles.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-xp-roaming-profile-issue.401805/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a small domain setup with a mix of Win K Win XP Windows Mobile and Windows Vista roaming profile Vista <<username>>.v2 folders clients The server is setup with roaming profiles and folder redirection for all users All was working well until you guessed it I added the Vista clients First of all the Vista clients create a new folder called Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders lt lt Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders username gt gt V in the profile store which is annoying but I can cope with however it doesn t copy accross the users settings This means that the user ends up with a blank profile Now some of the information Favorites My Docs and Desktop etc can be linked copied or are not that important but it means that when changes are made to one copy of the profile say wallpaper for example - just for simplicity it is not changed on the other profile as they have seperate registries Does anyone know of a way to get Vista and other clients to use the same profiles -or- does anyone know if Server is going to address this problem I have been looking all day when I could have been getting on with other things and have found no help at all nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-username-v2-roaming-profile-folders.90927/
Relevancy 63.64%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am a newbie to active directory coming from a NetWare background I work in a public library and we have domain users Windows Server on our network Right now all of our domain users are setup to use roaming profiles This makes sense for our public access computers in the building but I do not see the benefit for our staff users All of our staff computers are different and have different software installed Staff experiences a long logon wait plus every now and then complications arise with their profiles They do not save their documents in My Documents So aside from being able to see their desktop wallpaper on each computer they log into I think it Change roaming profiles from to local would make more sense to have all staff logon to staff computers using local profiles How can I change from using roaming profiles for some users to just using a local profile Also I Change from roaming to local profiles want a standardized local profile so if Jane Smith jsmith Change from roaming to local profiles logs in I do not want a local profile called jsmith but rather have all users who login to the computer use a local profile called staff Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated Plus if I am really on the wrong track with this I welcome comments and or suggestions TIA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-from-roaming-to-local-profiles.600430/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have created a Roaming user Profile on a Windows NT server. The Client is Windows NT Workstation Ver 4. The Roaming profile is working great, but how do I make this Profile Compulsory for users and stop them making any changes to it.

A:{Advice Offered} - Mandatory Roaming Profile NT Workstation 4

Greetings

Rename the USER.DAT to USER.MAN

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-mandatory-roaming-profile-nt-workstation-4.29414/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello -- I've searched quite a bit and have done quite a bit this is my last stop before I dump the login and go to something else I had a profile that was acting odd not loading from in user directory Active not Roaming logging profile different apps slow logins etc so I wanted to basically wipe it and start over and now i'm having issues I started by deleting everything about the Roaming user profile from Active directory not logging in login from both active directory the server profiles folder and even the individual computers that are used to login with it at To do so I deleted the folders out of the users username and then also went into regedit and deleted the profilelist with the username as well To me the profile should literally be as if it never existed Next I recreated it in active directory recreated it's folder in the profile database and attempted to login the computer immediately goes to a black screen and then says logging off and back to login I've looked up several fixes but none have worked at this point i'm open to trying anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387309-roaming-user-profile-active-directory-not-logging.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Good morning I have a client network with Windows Professional workstations and a Server R Domain Controller nbsp It's a school and the previous IT person has it set up so that every with roaming 7 strange clients... behavior Win profile Some syncing student workstation is logged into using the quot Student quot domain account nbsp For the most part this works fine however recently I've been having an issue where when they try to log in a message comes up indicating that the user profile could not be loaded nbsp I've chased this down and in each case there are two folders created in the Some strange roaming profile syncing behavior with Win 7 clients... Student profile locally quot appdata Local ElevatedDiagnostics quot and quot appdata Local Temp quot which according to the Event Logs are unable to sync to the server causing the failure nbsp If I log in as Some strange roaming profile syncing behavior with Win 7 clients... the Administrator and delete these folders they can then log in as the Student account again nbsp It doesn't happen consistently and there are no other Events I see that indicate issues with any of these systems This leaves me with a couple questions First off my understanding is that appdata Local shouldn't be trying to sync to the roaming profile in the first place so what would trigger that sporadically on these workstations And secondly why is this just starting to happen now This configuration has been this way for many years as I understand it but this has only started happening in the last few months nbsp I only took on this client at the beginning of the year but wasn't an issue until September or so Any thoughts or insight on this problem would be very much appreciated Thank you Phil D Malmstrom philm diamondcomputer com

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab0ca4ca-8ed3-4a82-aba1-f7eb01f353cc/some-strange-roaming-profile-syncing-behavior-with-win-7-clients?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,

I have a user that is running windows 7 x64 using a roaming profile and he keeps noticing that his proxy is checked in IE. I had him uncheck it and logoff and machine but the setting came back. I had him logon to another windows 7 workstation and the setting was enabled there as well telling me that this is something in his roaming profile. Where in a Windows 7 roaming profile are the proxy settings for IE? Thank you for the advice.

A:Persistent Proxy Selected - Windows 7 with roaming profile

See if this is what you are looking for.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352279/persistent-proxy-selected-windows-7-with-roaming-profile/
Relevancy 63.21%

My problem is that even though I have only one user account defined on my machine and it is set to "Administrator" it is not being allowed to do admin types of things like deleting folders. I tried to create a user group but that's not an option on the Win7 Home Premium version that I use. How can it be that the sole account is not the admin even though it shows that it is in the account user setup?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 424790 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 381321 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAA
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled Microsoft Security Essentials in use

A:Admin user has no admin rights?

the actual admin account is hidden and disabled for security reasons,your referring to a account with admin privileges

go into properties for the drive and click on the security tab and check the permissions are enabled for your account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-user-has-no-admin-rights.1078283/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have two Windows VMs, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On both machines there is an account with administrative rights. On the Windows 7 VM if I run a DOS cmd window it is run with with administrative rights. However, on the Windows 8 VM the DOS cmd window has NO administrative rights.

Has anything changed between Windiws 7 and 8 in this respect?

Thanks

A:DOS Cmd run with admin rights if run from admin account?

Hello ndean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It's the same in Windows 8.

Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9968-dos-cmd-run-admin-rights-if-run-admin-account.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I cannot do a few things that require admin rights but I the account I'm using is an admin account. I made a new account and gave it all privileges, admin, backup operations, helpservicesgroup, network configuration operations and replicator but even with all those rights this user can't get windows updates.

This is where I noticed the trouble, I wanted to go to windows updates and it gave me this error:
[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates. Click to expand...

Any ideas?

A:Logged in as admin but have no admin rights

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-admin-but-have-no-admin-rights.781270/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to carry out the steps in the Hijack this and malware removal instructions, but cannot get the Kaspersky scanner to run.
It says that I need Administrator privileges to install it.
I only have the one account on that machine, the Admin one.

User Accounts shows only the one admin account.

Any ideas how I get the rights back?
Computer is an HP Pavilion Laptop running XP pro SP2

A:Logged In As Admin, But Don't Have Admin Rights

try right clicking on it and selecting "run as admin"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148616/logged-in-as-admin-but-dont-have-admin-rights/
Relevancy 63.21%

So here is an interesting problem I ran into after working on the family computer (I was away at college and just got back for break).

After removing all the viruses, I was left with a computer where both the main user account and the Admin account did not have Admin rights. I can log into the Administrator account, but I cannot do even the most simplest of things, such as open Control Panel. So, I am at a loss to fix this. So simply enough, how does one restore administrative rights to the admin account when it has lost them.

Info:
Windows XP Home SP2
Control Panel, and many related functions, along side with such things as leftclick->properties on My Computer do not work (It says privilege removed, contact admin).
Even the Help will not open.

A:Admin rights for Admin account?

Please download Trend Micro's HJTInstall.exe to your Windows Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe . The application will install by default to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on the Install button. A shortcut icon will be created on your Windows Desktop.
When the installation finishes, the HijackThis application will launch.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. When the scan is complete, a log file should open in notepad.
On the notepad document, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and then paste the contents of the log file into your next reply to this thread.

>>Please-Do Not use the Analyze This button-the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted.
>>Please-Do Not have HijackThis 'fix' anything yet. Most of what if finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-for-admin-account.654522/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay, I'm very sure I set my account to be Admin, there's only one account anyway, yet W8 requests admin permission to do everything.

All because of this, I can't change the .ini of a game, I can't update Neverwinter Nights using the updater, I can't save .inis or .txts anywhere except documents...It's annoying.

I used to have W7 before, it never did this to me, but Windows 8 really deeply annoys me.

Now I'll be specific by saying that I only have "Windows 8", no Enterprise or Pro.

How can I make W8 stop nagging me everytime about admin rights? I AM an admin.

A:Windows 8 wants Admin rights, but I AM an admin

I took ownership of everything to get rid of the nag messages.
Someone else may have a better way...

A tutorial---

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49620-windows-8-wants-admin-rights-but-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 62.35%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 62.35%

Does anybody know of a solution to this problem:
A new roaming user logs in, they only see Desktop / Onedrive and Store tile on their start screen.
If they open the store they can install a default app like MSN news or any other app and the app will open. However when the close the app, they cannot find the app anywhere in the start menu even if they search for it. They also are unable to pin anything
to their start screen, it gives the option to pin but nothing happens.

Tried resetting their profile and still the same thing happens. Other users who log in see the default Apps like News, sport etc.
Not a major problem but just strange and very random.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/49e3abb2-1413-4625-bc0d-1a6874b0866f/apps-for-roaming-profile-not-showing-up-in-start-menu-even-though-they-are-installed?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Size Profile - Roaming Actions Bloated User to Mitigate All I Bloated Roaming Profile - User Actions to Mitigate Size have been trying to find some information regarding roaming profiles from an end user perspective but most everything I have been able to find nbsp so far has been geared towards either the creator of the roaming profiles or the administrator of the roaming profiles nbsp The angle I am looking for information on nbsp is from the end user point Bloated Roaming Profile - User Actions to Mitigate Size of view The agency I work nbsp for has nbsp assigned roaming profiles to some of nbsp the staff member due to the need for these people to be able to work from any available workstation during their shift nbsp For the most part these roaming profiles have worked great and most people have no issues with theirs nbsp However there are some nbsp whose profiles have grown become very large which affects the speed at which the computer logs them on and logs them off nbsp There is just so much nbsp data associated with their that has to be saved and then downloaded My question is this what steps can the end user take on their part to cleanse their profile nbsp Clear out the recycle bin minimize the number of shortcuts they have on their desktop set IE to clear out temporary internet files when they close but what are some other things they can do I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that I can pass on to the staff nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d87db3e7-2ab5-449c-bd32-2fbce3d7269d/bloated-roaming-profile-user-actions-to-mitigate-size?forum=w7itpronetworking