Windows Support Forum

Video Card not detected

Q: Video Card not detected

Dell Latitude C810 laptop
Windows XP Professional

Lately (for reasons unknown to me) my laptop has been really sluggish and I have received the error notification (blue screen) that the nv4_disp file has some kind of error and is stuck in an infinite loop. I have done a system restore to about a month ago and things seem to be working better but I've noticed that in the device manager there is no video card listed under display adapters or anywhere for that matter. Shouldn't there be a video card there somewhere? I didn't disable a video card. Is there any way to get Windows to detect my video card short of opening the laptop and unplugging it and plugging it back in?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Video Card not detected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.49%

h t t p w w w evga com articles asp lt ---Video card specs Ok I just got an upgrade from Vista to Windows plus I wanted to play Maple better on my crappy Slimline HP s n computer so I bought this card Mine is exactly the same but the MB model Everything went perfect for like around month Computer specs link --- gt h t t p h w w w hp com ewfrf wc document docname c amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp product amp lang en One day I turned on the pc only to find out it didn t show any display on the monitor so I restarted but nothing seemed to change I looked at the connection detected not Video card on the back of the pc DVI to VGA adapter but eveything was good No beeps Video card not detected all fans working nothing loose So I had to change the monitor connection to the one on the motherboard and it worked When I logged in I noticed the PC slower so the st thing I did was to check for the Video Video card not detected card in device manager and It was not being displayed So now I had a bigger problem Unistalled the latest drivers from nVidia and reinstalled them went to a previous restore point around days back but nothing I even went into the BIOS to change the main video adaptar to PCI-E and to default settings nothing So im thinking quot the fan spins at least is getting power quot so at this point I don t know if is the PCI-E slot the card drivers BIOS or what the hell I went on to a friend s house to check the card but same thing happened well a little worse The card was getting power fan spin but the card wouldn t display anything and if we changed the connection back to the VGA slot on the motherboard it wouldn t work either The only time the PC could display anything was to boot it with out the card installed Back at my house I installed the card and went to sleep In the morning I turn on the pc and WTF The VGA slot in the motherboard now doesn t work now so the st thing I do is to put the adapter and try the video card slot and works GREAT But only for day I turned on the PC in the morning just to find out the same thing happends No display from the card and not detected by the system and fan spins Only one new thing comes to my mind the power supply might not be enough to handle the card since it says it neads a w power supply and mine s w but why would it work for several weeks and then not Any help nbsp

A:Video card not detected

Long story short

Its your Power Supply, you need a better one (say 450Watt will do)

Have a nice day

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-detected.138107/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey everybody i have an issue with my video card First off i have a Packard Bell EN TK- laptop with AMD Radeon HD M graphics card So long story short my file system got corrupted so i formatted my hdd reinstalled windows bit Now boot takes about minutes card detected? Video being not to be done and while im IN windows it's pretty slow problem is not the speed actually its considerably okay but that things freeze quite often Question no can the video card cause this or is it my hdd as i mentioned i had to reinstall windows cause of my hdd That being said After i Video card not being detected? got into windows i wanted to install necessary drivers The driver for my motherboard is installed i think because when i click on my MB in the device manager and go to 'install updates' it says that drivers are up to date and Video card not being detected? installed Question no is it possible that my chipset driver isnt actually installed or it isnt installed correctly thats why im getting all this trouble Next thing i wanted to do is to obviously install the video card drivers My video card didnt show up in the device manager i thought its normal since i didnt install drivers yet So i downloaded not the newest driver from amd com but that one which is listed as a necessary driver for this laptop on packardbell com it includes driver for the southbridge for usb drives and for some other stuff Everything installed correctly except for the video card driver after the isntallation it says that a problem has occured and i can view the log Once i do that it says that it failed installing my vcard driver So im sitting here now and i honestly dont know what i could do at this point I didnt really found anything usefull on the internet and one thing i can say for sure that it IS my system not detecting the video card because it sure didnt get ruined or something Dan Edit i forgot to mention that since it doesnt see my video card it is using this 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' with mb vram People in forums recommended to uninstall that thing and then try to install an amd driver I've done this and it doesnt work Now device manager doesnt show anything related to video card drivers Whats going on Its driving me crazy

A:Video card not being detected?

Filesystem corruption and very slow system can both indicate a failing hard drive. This laptop originally came out in 2011, and if you bought it then, and have been using it daily since, it's very likely the hard drive is wearing out.

If I was you, I would find out what brand hard drive, go to the manufacturer's website, and if they have a drive checking app, download that, install it, and run it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/352159-video-card-not-being-detected.html
Relevancy 61.49%

im trying to put in my radeon 8500 into my computer. but it is not being detected although it is in correctly. my motherboard is compatable, and i took the CMOS battery out but still no luck. do you have to uninstall the previous card for it to work. and does the radeon need its own powersupply?

A:video card not detected

Doesn't recognize it , as in not booting up ? Or doesn't recognize as in OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-not-detected.140101/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello i just bought myself a jewel for my gaming experience but when i plugged it in my video not card New detected pci slot it doesn't start The card is GF GTX INNO D GB -bit I unplugged my old card New video card not detected ati radeon hd went to the shop and came New video card not detected back with the new one I plugged it and i started the pc Nothing happened Then i switched the monitor into the mainboard and when the monitor flashed it was loading windows When windows loaded it was recognizing the old video card because it's driver was still there It didn't detect that i have plugged any new hardware When i insert and run the driver DVD included with my new card it also says that i don't have device compitable with the drivers it wants to install Truly i am with my generic mainboard video at the moment and at least it allows me to start my pc and try to solve the problem Is it that i don't have enough powerful supply Is it that the video card isn't compitable with my mainboard Is it that i haven't plugged it right it surely goes smooth into the slot but the card has my old card had power supply hubs to stick it in Tried both didn't work My power supply is Flotron W My processor and mainboard are AMD Phenom Quad-Core GHz GB RAM Motherboard ASUS M A -T AM OS Win Ultimate On the official website it says this A PCI-Express compliant motherboard with full size expansion slot gt x -pin PCI Express supplementary power connector i have plugged only will try how to plug the nd one too and see if it works

A:New video card not detected

Yip, the GTX 460 INNO3D requires both PCI-e 6pin power leads attached. 400W PSU is a bit low. A quality 450W is the lowest recommended.
You may also need to go into the motherboards BIOS and change the VGA detection order, so that it looks for a graphics card on the pci-e slot instead of using the onboard HD3300.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/114627-new-video-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Here is goes:

when I turned on my pc, monitors says "no input detected" . At first I think my monitor was the problem but when I connect it to my laptop it works. So I thought the problem is my video card but I inserted my old video card and it is still not detected. So I think its not the video card problem. Right now I just using my MoBo Graphics..

any replies would be much appreciated..thanks!

MoBo : MSI MS-7267
Video Card: GeForce 9500GT

A:Video CArd not detected

You can try the same cards in another Computer(if possible). If it works then it is the slot on the MoBo and if it doesn't then its the cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193481-video-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Okay so I had a geforce card being detected!! not HELP, Video Need integrated graphics Need HELP, Video card not being detected!! card and I bought an GT to play the higher end games yesterday I was able to get it to work i installed the drivers and everything and disabled the i played lots of games and stuff and had it on for a long time before sleeping i turned off the computer today when I woke up and turned it on my screen went blank So I stuck the monitor plug from my gt back to the motherboard one and it worked I went to the bios and made sure that the card it uses is the PCI-e one instead of the PCI or the onboard one stuck the monitor plug back into GT and it still didn t work what I noticed is that even though the gt is still inside my computer doesn t detect it anymore Yesterday before i even installed the drivers and stuff it detected the graphics card today its not doing it anymore i dunno why btw the is still running inside the computer i can tell because the fan is running fine someone please help me i m really depressed right now nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

hi.. im new here.. need help. i recently changed my ram from 2gig to 4gig.. then after booting it.. was about to re-install my vidcard but the hardware it was not detected. my vid card is GT240 Galaxy GeForce 200 series Nvidia.. already downloaded the installer from the site since i have lost the cd-installer... need help very badly

A:Video Card not detected...

Hi,
Welcome to Seven Forums!
Did you double check to see it is fully plugged in all the way? If not then do that first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285489-video-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 61.06%

This is a fairly new system that I have conjured and I am a fairly new person to the world of computer parts. I've been trying to enable the video card so that I may use it to play beautiful games, however, the motherboard has other plans for me. It wants me to suffer. I've talked to multiple people about trying to get the card to work, and all of them have failed to figure out the issue. So far, the AMD drivers should be uninstalled, the card appears to be in a working state, (although the outside may be lying to me), and the integrated graphics should be disabled. With all of this in mind, why is the card not being detected? I turn to this forums in the name of the turtle to solve such a problem.

A:Video Card Unable to be Detected

Just to clear some questions, does it POSTs BIOS when you turn computer on or do windows load at all ?
Do you have extra power connected to video card ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/63736-video-card-unable-detected.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I just partioned the harddrive on my Latptop Toshiba Satellite A and installed a genuine copy of Windows XP SP Everything seemed to be fine however upon trying to launch League of Legends A game a get an error stating the Laptop is unable to load direct d did some researching and some troubleshooting only to realize that my video card is not even detected by windows These are the specs for my laptop System Overview ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Item Value ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Name LAPTOP- Domain Name WORKGROUP Site Name Roles Workstation Server Potential Browser Backup Browser Description Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional -Bit Manufacturer TOSHIBA Model Satellite A Serial Number K Asset Tag Number Of Processors Processor Description Mobile Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Total Memory MB Total Hard Drive not Card detected XP]Video [Windows GB Display x pixels true colour BIOS Version PTLTD - PhoenixBIOS Release Ver PARTTBL User Account Administrator System Uptime Days Hours Minutes Local Time - - this is a paste of the winaudit [Windows XP]Video Card not detected program s list of my display adapters Display Adapters Adapter ----------------------------------- Item [Windows XP]Video Card not detected Value ----------------------------------- Adapter Number Name Adapter RAM MB Colour Depth bit Vertical Resolution dpi Current Refresh Rate Video Processor Adapter DAC Type Adapter ID BIOS ----------------------------------- All updates have been installed from the Microsoft Update site When running dxdiag nothing is listed under the display tab adapter wise Upon running the debug from the command prompt this is whadisplayed -d c C D - D A S M BR C A - D C C - A C B E- F C F TI Technologies C C E E B D- Inc BK-ATI VER C D E E- E I C E F - E F x fortw tos v C F D - E MS AGP DGN U C E A - D C N h h I have no idea what the video card is even nbsp

A:[Windows XP]Video Card not detected

Apparently there are several models of Satellite A 75's. The one I looked up had a mobile radeon 9000 in it. Have you tried looking it up in the device manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-video-card-not-detected.1045182/
Relevancy 61.06%

For the past month I have been attempting to put together a computer after my previous one literally lit on fire after a lightning storm An interesting story but not entirely pertinent to the current endeavor I recently purchased an ASUS P N-D motherboard along with a W PSU from OCZ Technology and x MB DDR memory sticks After putting it all together I put in my Palit GT and the computer refused to boot all it did was turn on all the fans giving every indication that it would start It gave me a series of beeps and upon looking up the specific beep code it turns out it s a quot video error quot which I must admit I found a bit ambiguous I reseated the card several times in card Video motherboard detected not by both slots on the motherboard but the issue remained I tested a spare Radeon HD XT I had which allowed the computer to boot up problem free with the exception of one out of place beep upon initially being turned on With the in the second PCI-E slot the computer boots without even noticing it s there I run Windows XP Pro and device manager doesn t show anything even plugged in to the slot I have read other posts where people explain this as a minor issue of setting the IRQ VGA settings of the computer into some other mode Frankly I have no idea what any of that means but from what I can gather that option isn t present in my bios Another solution I have read about simply explains to install the drivers of the video card and everything will just magically fall in to place Much to my chagrin upon attempting to install the drivers for the video card an error pops up stating that there is quot No suitable driver for my current VGA chip quot which effectively allows my computer to continue not functioning as well Video card not detected by motherboard as destroys any beliefs I have in magic being real From what I can deduce my video card is shot and I just need to suck it up and buy a new one That being said I am by no means a computer expert and thus would greatly appreciate some insight that would prevent me from having to spend or whatever it is on a new video card nbsp

A:Video card not detected by motherboard

did you make sure you plugged the 6pin power cord in the video card? also try the other dvi port on the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-detected-by-motherboard.124401/
Relevancy 61.06%

Up until about a week ago i was running 1 8800 GTS, i recently aquired a gtx 260, so i figured i'd have the gtx 260 as my main card and i'd use the 8800 GTS in the second PCI-e slot to be used a phsx card. The problem is when the gtx 260 is in the first pci-express slot (top slot) and the 8800 GTS is in the second (bottom slot) the 8800 is not detected. However if the positions are reversed both cards are detected. Anyone have any solutions as to why this is happening?

PS mobo is a evga 680i

A:Video Card Not Being Detected in 2nd PCI E slot

I figured it out, false alarm, what i did was reinstall the drivers with the new pci-e positions and the 8800 gts got detected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-not-being-detected-in-2nd-pci-e-slot.910313/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi
when i started my computer recently my video card (gforce 7300) was suddenly not detected. the situation now is that i have to pull out the card from the pci express and replace it before i start up everytime, otherwise it is not detected and i have to plug my monitor into the onboard socket. this system has been running fine for about 2 years until this sudden glitch.
i borrowed a gforce 7600 and put that in and it worked great for about 4-5 startups then the same problem occured
i have an AMD 3200 processor on a gigabyte motherboard. i have only one pci express slot
i have updated the bios on the motherboard and the relevant drivers to no avail.
i am very confused

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I recently rebooted Windows Vista on my laptop, but am now having troubles running games that I had previously had no problem running. I ran dxdiag and noticed that under Display there was no video card listed under Device. There's also no driver listed under Main Driver.

I am positive that there's a graphics card in my laptop, I have definitely seen NVIDIA GeForce (I don't know what graphics card I have) or something in the dxdiag before. I'm guessing that rebooting Vista has affected the computer's detection of the video card, but have no idea how I can fix this.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Alex

Edit: I've attached the dxdiag report in case it's useful.

A:Solved: Video Card not detected

You need to reinstall the graphics card driver.

You can download the driver from the Samsung website. If you have the R51 then here are the downloads: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/...DUK/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support
You will need to download the Vista version for the NVidia graphics if you think you had an Nvidia card: (Win Vista 7.15.11.7624 VGA(Graphics),NVIDIA)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-card-not-detected.912908/
Relevancy 61.06%

I just reformatted my computer and when i booted up again my graphics card isn't detected, i have checked my device manager and it is not listed there, i have a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 gs and a ECS mcp61m-m3 motherboard. I have tried to install drivers for my motherboard but they didn't seem to do anything, so i may of not downloaded the right ones...

A:Video Card not detected after reformat

Best thing to do is double check the type of drivers you downloaded. Also if you still have the disc that came with your 8400 then the drivers on that should be good. Your wanting to look for these drivers GeForce/ION Driver Release 256 here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-not-detected-after-reformat.938940/
Relevancy 61.06%

BACKSTORY Drivers Video Not Card Detected? Hey guys after suffering a terrible ordeal of issues from Video Card Drivers Not Detected? blue screens power failure and random errors I replaced my old NVIDIA GTS which seemed to be a culprit dollars down the drain on my Radeon and I find that Windows can t even install properly many update errors and whatnot Sleep mode was also still not functioning causing a bluescreen Frustrated I reinstalled again with one stick of RAM instead of both Two more installs later Video Card Drivers Not Detected? and I m happy to say I have a working computer with a failed video card and stick of RAM on my desk What a nightmare of errors PROBLEM Now that i ve reinstalled for the th time I m finally error free and ready to do some setting up and general cleanup This is honestly the first time i ve had enough time error free to install my Catalyst drivers EACH AND EVERY TIME I boot up despite what I click or change I keep getting this message If you look at the picture I attach you can see the Catalyst Control Center icon in the tray running and the Windows Trying To Detect This Device crap that just doesn t understand haha Anyways thanks in advance Also if anyone who has helped me with errors previously views this We ve found the problem Also Avast is very nice instead of McAfee thank you You know who you are

A:Video Card Drivers Not Detected?

For some reason, when I got to Vista Service Pack 2 finally, this issue resolved itself. Closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454390/video-card-drivers-not-detected/
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently bought an ASUS Radeon R7 240 and replaced my old Gigabyte GeForce 630. When I connect my monitor to the board it does not detect it. Windows starts, video card starts, everything is fine exept my monitor. So, I used the integrated Intel HD Graphics. I installed the drivers for the card and it still does not detect my monitor. Wierdly, the video card isn't detected by Windows(7). Help! I hate Intel HD Graphics! It's so weak

Relevancy 61.06%

So I reformated because my computer had to much stuff on it and I wanted a fresh computer...I did a full reformat and now it says I dont have a video driver theres a yellow triangle next to it and when I open IE its really slow and the graphics are terrible... I have no mother board video card so my video card has to be working, ive tried every driver and they all dont work I install them and nothnig happens...So I decided to buy a new video card assuming my video card was broken...same problem...100 bucks out now I have no idea what the problem is...anyone have any idea?

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi.
I am using an acer computer.. Dont really know the specs, I am not really good with computers.
Anyways, I recently reformatted my computer, and Mostly everything is un-recognizable. Including my graphics/video card. My scrolling and Dragging is really slow, I have read alot of forum threads about the same problem, and it just doesnt work for me..

Can anyone help me?
By the way, Before the reformatting, the computer Worked just fine.
Please Reply.
- Thanks

A:Video/Graphic Card Not Detected. Help Please!

Re-install Motherboard drivers

usually on a cd when you get your computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-graphic-card-not-detected-help-please.103511/
Relevancy 60.2%

Dears I have been using Dazzle DVC II PCI card with Moviestar for the last two and a half years and it has been working quite well But recently when I attempted to capture video from my VCR Moviestar gave me the error message quot no video source detected quot However I could hear the audio well I checked all settings and they were all correct the settings in Moviestar were correct the break-out unit and the audio-video cables were all connected firmly Then I tested the VCR connecting it to a TV and it also was working fine So I ran the Moviestar Setup Wizard It gave the following error message quot The Setup Wizard was unable to detect your Dazzle Moviestar hardware for the following reason Property VideoFormat is out of range quot I followed the guidelines in the Setup Wizard but it was of no use Then I tried the following as different solution methods Uninstalled Moviestar and reinstalled it Uninstalled Dazzle DVC II PCI card and reinstalled it Tried placing the card into another PCI slot But each of these failed to solve the problem Details about my system are as follows Operating System Windows XP Professional with Service Pack Processor Due Core Mother Board Intel D RY Memory GB DDR Please help the solution for my problem Yours truly DVC no (Dazzle PCI detected video card source II ) Chandrasekaran G nbsp

A:no video source detected (Dazzle DVC II PCI card )

We have seen a lot of mysterious early failures with Dazzle equipment that utilized USB connections. That equipment is at the bottom of the price range, so it might be time to get the latest top brand as a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-source-detected-dazzle-dvc-ii-pci-card.75519/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey All,

Just trying to see if anybody had any suggestions or advice, I'm trying to complete this build and the only thing not working is the Graphics card. Specs Below:

i5-2500k
Biostar H61 Motherboard
Kingston 8GB Ram
Kingston 2x64GB SSD (128GB Total)
Galaxy GTX 460 GC 768mb
Antec "Hardcore Gamer" Edition 400w PSU

Basically, I've installed every single Windows Update, Driver, and Bios Update.

I've tried installing my old 9600 GT and it did not detect that either.

I think it's the Motherboard or PSU.

Both Motherboard and PSU are new as is the GTX 460. The 9600GT was pulled working from a working system so I know thats not broken.

The 9600GT Required one 6-pin pci-express adapter.
The GTX 460 Required 2 6-pin pci-express adapter.

I'm not sure which one the problem is because everything is new and everything works aside from the Graphics Card not being detected.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

A:Video Card Help Not Being Detected Everything Else seems to work fine

Do you see bios startup screen? and are you sure there's not an on-board graphics card enabled? Check bios as well if there are any options to disable/enable pci-express slots

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/218465-video-card-help-not-being-detected-everything-else-seems-work-fine.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Computer info XPS Dimension XPS Gen Windows XP professional Processor Intel pentium GHz MB of ram Video card ATI radion HD pro detected update not card after windows Video I Noticed windows doing a automatic update last night as i was going to sleep I should have stopped it because in my experiance they cause nothing but trouble but i let it go and low and behold i wake up this morning and start my computer and it is runnning off the onboard graphics i have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling but with no success and when i run dxdiag my card does not even show up same with device manager Video card not detected after windows update I have also tried taking out and replacing the card from the computer and it is getting power the fan is running just fine i do not think this is a problem with my graphics card After doing some google research i have noticed quite a few people having this problem but with no real solution so i was hoping you guys could help figure this out thank you

A:Video card not detected after windows update

my card does not even show up same with device managerHello -Do you mean that there is nothing listed in Device Manager for Graphics / Video card and you cannot find device manager ? ?Have you attempted to do a System Restore to 2 days ago and see if this solves the problem ? ?If that will not solve the problem, Please post a snapshot with Speccy, so we can check it is listed -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy =<< Directions Thank You - EDIT - Can you please link to any of these problems, as I have not had any such problems (12 XP updates and 20 Windows7 updates all went well here)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453100/video-card-not-detected-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 60.2%

OK guys, riddle me this:
the computer.... ECS A780GM-A MOBO(with integrated HD 3200 hybrid graphics), Athlon 2.7ghz x2 processor, 2g memory, 500gb HDD.

the video card.....Visiontek Radeon HD 2400 PRO 256mb DDR2, x16 PCIe

The problem...the card is not being detected by hardware search, I've reseated the card(the fan runs), but when I try to install drivers, the installation fails. there is, of course, no video output out of the card.

Ideas anyone?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all My first post here and unfortunately I'm posting because I've stumbled right into not in Second Manager detected Device video card some technical issues with this fresh desktop build First off comp specs so Second video card not detected in Device Manager we know what we're dealing with MOBO ECS P H-A Black Edition CPU Intel i PSU BFG W Graphics Card POWERCOLOR AX two of them OS Vista Home Premium x I have everything hooked up properly and can verify both PCI-E slots are working and both video cards are working as I've tested them all separately I'm using the latest CCC and drivers available I initially hooked up just one card then loaded Windows and it detected it just fine so I installed the drivers Everything was just fine so I shut down and installed the second GPU and hooked it up and attached both Crossfire bridges to the two cards Nothing I have done since will cause the card to show up I tried removing the bridges and rebooting also to no avail Any help is appreciated and I can give more details if necessary just ask specifically please Thanks in advance I should note that the first card works like a charm but the second one is the card that will goes undetected

A:Second video card not detected in Device Manager

Are both cards detected individually if you only use them one at a time in the first slot?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/250588-second-video-card-not-detected-device-manager.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Motherboard ASUS P B-MX WiFi-AP Socket Onboard video Intel R GZ Express Chipset Family I m using this currently Video card MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX not sure since I know only the model of this card - P card itself Video Solved: card detected/recognised not says no more If you want an image - it looks like this Drivers installed chipset driver audio driver VGA driver for onboard graphics OS Windows XP SP -bit What I did tried Uninstalled onboard graphics drivers Installed the video card Solved: Video card not detected/recognised into PCI-E x slot Rebooted no video card detected I also tried modifying several BIOS settings to disable onboard graphics but no luck It either loads as usual no card detected or the monitor just goes black and nothing happens had to reinsert the CMOS battery The video card seems to be seated properly and the fan is working There s no jumper on the motherboard to disable on-board graphics learned this from the manual The card only has DVI openings whereas my monitor has VGA connector So I have to use a PCI-DVI adapter to connect the monitor to video card Even if I do so the monitor won t display nothing Right now the monitor is connected to the standard VGA port on the motherboard My best guess is that something is wrong with BIOS settings They dont allow me to use my new video card somehow Some useful links Motherboard drivers - ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- enter as follows I Motherboard II Socket III P B-MX WIFI-AP Video card drivers - NVIDIA DRIVERS WHQL Video card info - GeForce Video card review - MSI NX GTX-T D E Geforce GTX MB Videocard Review - PCSTATS com nbsp

A:Solved: Video card not detected/recognised

Please help me, I need this card working desperately!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-card-not-detected-recognised.961598/
Relevancy 60.2%

This afternoon I turned on my video no HELP! my longer card is detected! suddenly pc and the tower came on but the monter light went amber I was confused at first thinking that maybe my monitor got unplugged So I checked all the HELP! my video card suddenly is no longer detected! connections and it still would not come on So finally I hooked up the monitor to the onboard video card and it came on Once I loaded up the pc I quickly realized that my video card geforce mx PCI was not being detected I went into the device manager and it was not even showing that it was in the pc So I shut it down and removed the card and then put it back in It still did not detect it I am completely lost I can t imagine why my video card would suddenly just lose its detection like its not there and it is The only things that have happen is that there was a thunderstorm the night before but I have my pc on a surge protector I recently updated my sound card and that is it Can anyone tell me how to fix this if possible nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

after purchasing new xfx radeon hd to run in crossfire for optimal gaming my monitor wont detect the two cards I have tried placing the old card back in and it responds just fine to card Video detected after switch by monitor being not that one With the new cards in everything sounds like it boots and all the indicator Video card not being detected by monitor after switch leds on my motherboard show up just fine this is the exact video card im trying to use XFX HD- A-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity this is what im running besides the xfx AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition W Six Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm Asus M A TD PRO USB Socket AM AMD FX SB Chipset DDR O C Mhz x PCI-Express x -Channel HD Audio GigaLAN x Video card not being detected by monitor after switch USB x USB x SATA Gb s ATX Cooler Master Silent Pro M Modular W Power Supply Corsair XMS Classic GB x GB DDR MHz CL DIMMs Optimized for Core i i and Core AMD Phenom II times Hitachi Deskstar K TB quot SATA Gb s rpm MB Cache OEM LG GH LS Black SATA Lightscribe DVD-Writer xDVD R -R xDVD RW xDVD-RW xDVD R DL xDVD-R DL x CD-R xCD-RW OEM Scythe NINJA Heat Pipes CPU Cooler for Intel Socket amp AMD Socket AM AM AM nbsp

A:Video card not being detected by monitor after switch

take out one of the graphics cards and see if it works, your monitor only needs to detect the one card that it is plugged into so its not a crossfire problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-being-detected-by-monitor-after-switch.172182/
Relevancy 60.2%

Greetings. I have a problem related to my video card. In linux it is detected and works well. in windows it is detected as standard VGA .. basics and worked remove driver find the driver put last but nothing works. the original applications of envy do not detect the card in linux .. if.

fresh windows Pro 7 64 SP1

THX for u help and sorry for my eng

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401247-vga-video-card-detected-standard-vga-driver.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok I Recently Changed My Hdd And Now My Monitor Cannot Detect My Onboard Video Card Help Please Ill Made A Video So You Can See What Im Talking About

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OqONxJsf2o

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi just wondering if you can help or point me in the right direction I m not very pc literate but after formating for the first time my fathers computer i do not know where to find the appropriate drivers He cannot find the disc The pc s resolution is pretty ugly bit graphic with no sound I ve used Audio/Video No reformat after detected Card Belarc to get a snapshot of the pc in it s present state Operating System System Model Windows SE build VIA Technologies Inc VT Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Celeron No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board - A Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITE-ON LTR- K CD-ROM drive RICOH DVD RW MP CD-ROM drive Generic floppy disk drive quot Generic IDE hard disk drive GB -- drive No SMART Driver Generic IDE hard disk drive GB -- drive No SMART Driver Megabytes Installed Memory Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK is Empty Slot BANK is Empty Local Drive Volumes c FAT on drive GB GB free d FAT on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers No details available None detected Controllers No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat Display Standard Floppy Disk Controller Primary IDE controller dual fifo Secondary IDE controller dual fifo VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller Standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA Display adapter Samsung SyncMaster Monitor quot vis s n HMBX August Bus Adapters Multimedia VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller x None detected Communications Other Devices No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat None detected Network Card MAC Address Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top No details available Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top No details available Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top None detected Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this computer Click here for Belarc s System Management products for large and small companies Software Licenses Back to Top Belarc - Advisorbc e f Microsoft - Windows SE -OEM- - Key WC T-Y G -HJY T-MR PB-RRJ e Software Versions mouse over for details click for location Back to Top Belarc Inc - Advisor Version t ComproPVR Version ComproRemote Version Eastman Software Inc A Kodak Business - Imaging for Windows Version Microsoft Corporation - DirectShow Version Microsoft Corporation - Microsoft Internet Explorer Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows Telephony Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows NetMeeting Version Microsoft imgstart Version Microsoft Windows Scripting Host Version Click to see where software is installed a Megahertz measurement may be inaccurate if other programs were busy during last analysis b Data may be transferred on the bus at one two or four times the Bus Clock rate c Memory slot contents may not add up to Installed Memory if some memory is not recognized by Windows d Memory slot contents is reported by the motherboard BIOS Contact system vendor if slot contents are wrong e This may be the manufacturer s factory installed product key rather than yours Copyright - Belarc Inc All rights reserved Legal notice U S Patents and Patents pending Thanks very much for your time Cheers Harry nbsp

A:No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat

http://driveragent.com/?PHPSESSID=uqqutm8fkj2pl6bkkrs0tqi0p7

you could try this to scan, then search for the drivers it tells you

or if you tell me what computer make and model i can give you a link

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-video-card-detected-after-reformat.93902/
Relevancy 60.2%

HI I have a strange problem I recently installed anew motherboard which has an onboard vga video out I installed the OS windows XP pro while using the onboard video then when the PC was all set I put in the AGP card and now the system takes forever at the quot Detecting IDE drives quot and then eventually it gets past it and does not detect the harddrive now when take the AGP video card Sapphire mb ATI RADEON out and use the onboard video again the harddrive is detected just like normal for kicks I tried another AGP card from another system a ati radeon pro and the thing worked fine only when I put my Sapphire mb ATI RADEON in does the harddisk not get detected video with detected Harddrive AGP card not installed? what Harddrive not detected with AGP video card installed? is causing this and how can I fix it if at all possible THANKS Pentium ghz fsb prescott A-BIT SG- Motherboard gb of PC RAM Windows XP Pro w SP Plenty of fans and cooling DVD-RW drive installed Harddrive not detected with AGP video card installed? harddisk installed I tried just using the OS one and no go there nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello BCists I dualscreen with different screens it made no difference monitor no or OS by is Card. detected Video longer Main to me and still worked well My main monitor ViewSonic in Widescreen VG wm extended into my second Westinghouse in Monitor Right then- After allowing Windows Update to well update After the loading bar screen for the OS the monitor went blank and stated quot No signal- Digital It had put the Westinghouse monitor as my primary Once signed in I right-clicked the desktop and went to 'Personalize' shortcut from Control Panel- gt Personalize and checked the Display Settings I still had multiple monitors but they were unnamed and my ViewSonic wasn now listed as Generic Non-PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GT So I turned Main monitor is no longer detected by OS or Video Card. it off switched the cables DVI for the ViewSonic and a VGA to DVI adapter for the Westinghouse and restarted The resolution was defaulted to x and will only go Main monitor is no longer detected by OS or Video Card. up to x - Not pretty on a inch'r I found this quite strange so I began my analysis based on my knowledge of computers say Intermediate level Checked Device Manager Monitor had been displayed as Generic Non-PnP Monitor under Monitors subcategory I checked through and looked in my Emergency Systems Installations basically the CD's contents copied onto a external HDD and tried to reinstall my monitor's driver Restarted- the problem persisted I tried to switch and make the ViewSonic my main monitor hit apply but it just flashes the screen and makes no change at all Find the latest drivers for the Viewsonic monitor Downloaded installed and restarted Problem persists Find latest drivers for the GT Went through NVIDIA com and downloaded the latest update of I installed that and restarted once again Problem persists Shut down the computer unplugged and re-inserted the DVI cable for the monitor I left the second slot for the Westinghouse open Restarted and still the same ViewSonic would go blank I shut down again placed the ViewSonic's DVI cable in the nd slot and booted up again Display works but is still considered a Generic Non-PnP Monitor I swaped and used the VGA cable that came with the ViewSonic monitor and used the VGA to DVI adapter plugged in Well that allowed me to have my original resolution but I can no longer dualscreen and the nVidia Control Panel lists the monitor a CRT It has the right driver for the monitor though If all else fails you are stumped- go to BleepingComputers Well here I am Any help is greatly appreciated Slight Specs Custom built rig by me Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate SP -bitVideo Card nVidia Geforce GT mb Superclocked GB Yes I know about the limitation

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220003/main-monitor-is-no-longer-detected-by-os-or-video-card/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m working on this Acer Aspire AS - laptop on Vista with a NVIDIA GeForce M Trying to tweak some graphic settings last night somehow I guess I deleted the video drivers for the nvidia card I went into the device manager and deleted all of the display drivers When it rebooted it detected Card no drivers installing or longer Video tried to install it again For some odd reason it installed a quot Standard VGA adaptor quot So my desktop resolution is back to the former settings but any remotely graphic demanding programs will not run I ve went to Acer s website and nvidias website and cannot find the exact NVIDIA GeForce M driver I ve tried everything listed under the model number on acer s website and it will install reboot but when Video Card no longer detected or installing drivers comes back up It still only shows the same standard vga adaptor Ugh This did not come with a restore disk for some odd reason Now before I just blame Vista transfer all of my data erase it and then put XP on it Can anyone help me I m sure If I could somehow find the correct driver for the video card it would help Any ideas Lost as usual nbsp

A:Video Card no longer detected or installing drivers

Try here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_drivers.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-no-longer-detected-or-installing-drivers.125883/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I've got a very little understanding of computer hardware compatibility so please bear with me.

uhm so I was tinkering with my desktop, specs are
Motherboard: Asus A58M-E
Processor: AMD A8 6600K
and I recently added a video card which is the Palit 9500GT 1024MB, so I went to turn it on (DVI plugged into the vid card), but the monitor displayed no signal but the aux fan is spinning, and when I plugged the DVI back to my motherboard it worked again and I looked at the device manager>display adapters and my video card is not detected, the only thing on the list is the AMD Radeon HD 8570D which I think is the APU. what should I do to get my video card up and running?

A:Video Card not detected in device manager, no siganl, working aux fan.

did u select the primary video in bios....... something like this [PCIE->PCI->IGP]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-not-detected-in-device-manager-no-siganl-working-aux-fan.1145671/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Everyone First of all I would like to introduce myself Video 560ti card Windows7. Re-installed geforce detected :( not I go by Paas and I'm currently in Austria after being in Florida for years I want to thank all of you in Re-installed Windows7. Video card not detected :( geforce 560ti advance for taking your time to help resolve my problem Yesterday I got a PC from a colleague once I started up the PC everything works fine but since there was a lot of random programs on the pc I decided to install my own version of Windows Windows Enterprise on it When the whole installation was finished the computer started everything worked fine BUT the PC did not recognize the Nvidea Geforce ti video card Since It worked fine before I re-installed windows I am sure that there is nothing wrong with the cables however I think it is a problem with the Bios configuration because that is what changes after a reboot right So I try to change the Bios confirguation to booting both display PCU i think and PCI E but this did not fix the problem My suggestions are either to update the bios but I'm not sure witch version I need Also I could disable the onboard VGA standard mb videocard but I did not try this because I'm afraid I will get a black screen and I also read in different posts that the PC will automaticly re-install the standard VGA I have been lingering around sevenforums for a while I have always found my solutions here but this time I'm in really big sh t I hope some of you know the solution To make things easier I will also post some information about my new PC Motherboard is from Foxconn Its a FlamingBlade The CPU is Intel i i think dual core aswell Western Digital WD Blue GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Watt LC-Power Silent Giant-Green Power Edition Non-Modular Geforce GTX ti oc gb ddr xdvi mini-hmdi Corsair DDR GB PC CL KIT x GB BENQ HD At the moment I'm at work thats why I dont have Exact information regarding the Motherboard and the CPU I will provide this information once I can Hopefully you guys have all the info needed so how can i get my computer to recogize the video card

A:Re-installed Windows7. Video card not detected :( geforce 560ti

Well.. when you plug your monitor to the video card do you get any video signal? So you are getting a black screen and you only get video signal when you plug it into the motherboards VGA port, correct?
The bios does not necessarily disable the onboard video automatically. And it has to be disabled so the motherboard sends the video signal to the discrete GPU.

That's how it worked in my system, so you might want to wait for someone to confirm what I said, or correct me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/262815-re-installed-windows7-video-card-not-detected-geforce-560ti.html
Relevancy 58.91%

brand new video card working suddenly no longer detected I ve new Brand video longer card detected suddenly working... no been piecing together a new system slowly over the past three weeks finally went out and got the finishing touch today a new graphics card ASUS EAH GB HDMI http au asus com products aspx l amp modelmenu Put it in loaded drivers from disc then loaded Brand new video card working... suddenly no longer detected new drivers downloaded from ASUS website specifically for this product In retrospect I now realize that I should have uninstalled the old first prior to loading the latest but I think that is moot at this point for reasons below So rebooted switched the monitor signal plug from the on-board graphics to the new card configured settings then was curious to see what it could do so started trying out a D game Everything seemed to be working fine spent about an hour then all of the sudden screen went black Was not a hard crash I thought it was at first but the computer was not shutting down so I realized I had just lost video So I shut it down then switched back to the onboard graphics booted up and then one of the supporting softwares that came bundled with the card which starts up on system start up popped Brand new video card working... suddenly no longer detected up a Brand new video card working... suddenly no longer detected window saying that the device was not detected Apparently Vista is not detecting it Though the fan on the vid card still spins and the LEDs flash when I power down or up I have a window on my case so can see it So shut down opened case double checked that it was in the PCIe slot firmly double checked the auxiliary power connection Then plugged the monitor cable back into the card booted up and still no video Each time booting up wold again get teh window from supporting software a temp monitor for the vid card that there was no device detected So did some research uninstalled all graphics drivers completely using Vista s control panel quot programs and features quot to do it Including for the on-board ATI Rebooted and now the device manager no longer shows the new graphics card device either So I verified that both vid card and mainboard make use of PCIe as opposed to PCIe http www ecs com tw ECSWebSite Pro nuID amp LanID I checked my power requirement according to the eXtreme calculator http g imagehost org view Untitled The result is W Factor of Safety W So I think that the PSU is ok I read this quot All pci-e power supplies must have amps on the v rail and be efficient only variance is wattage quot I don t know exactly how to interpret the specs on my PSU here is my spec sheet for PSU http www acbel com PDF P PC SingleiPower- jpg I think it means I have only Amps on the volt rails but perhaps that is offset by having three volt rails I have two pin aux connectors for vid cards coming from my PSU so I just tried swapping them thinking that perhaps I somehow damaged the circuit of the first by attempting to draw too much power No luck the vid card is still not detected no plug-n-play new hardware found window nor is it shown in the device manager where it was when I originally installed it The fan and LEDs on it are still working I also tried the -pin connector that plugs into the M-board near the PCIe slots - just quickly plugged a spare fan in on one of the other pins form the same branch it spun and I think that s a parallel circuit so that one should have power too Then I turned off my onboard video in order to attempt to force Vista to detect my card at the PPCIe slot That didn t work so am now without any video I will reset the cmos in order to restore bios defaults to recover the onboard video After that I will try installing the card into the second PCIe slot the mainboard manual does not give any indication as to which one to use if using a single vid card so perhaps switching slots will help Any other ideas suggestions sa to how to get Vista to detect my new graphics car... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

My 9 year old has a dell optiplex 755 SFF, he is asking me to upgrade his video card so he can play games like minecraft and some games on steam.
We are on a budget and found this Sapphire radeon 6450 on newegg for $39.99
Will this work in his computer and allow him to play minecraft? steam?
www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx;cm_re=6450-_-14-102-933-_-Product&RandomID=1698470702508220150427173530

Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708702
Relevancy 50.31%

hello, ho can u switch form an installed videocard to an on-motherboard video card? help plz

A:question on switching installed video card and thse form an on-motherboard video card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-on-switching-installed-video-card-and-thse-form-an-on-motherboard-video-card.667949/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I have an OptiPlex 9010 with onboard Display Port & VGA
I am trying to hookup a new 58 inch Samsung TV which only has 2 hdmi ports and composite & component.
I need both hdmi for laptop hookups so I can't use them for the Dell 9010.
I want to run VGA to either the composite or the component.
Will the onboard VGA do this?
I have a cable like this:

A:Does my OptiPlex 9010 video card support S-Video or Composite Video out through its VGA port

Quilty-MUN,The adapter in the image should work for your purpose connecting to the TV.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19996340
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an AGP 2x slot. Can i put an AGP 8x video card into that slot. If so, will i see any performance gain. Or are there video cards that are compatible with all types, like 2x 4x and 8x.

A:Video card and Video card slot Question

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Agp1x/2x are 3.3 volts, whereas Agp4x/8x are 1.5 volts.

You should check carefully that whatever card you get is compatible with you 2x Agp slot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-and-video-card-slot-question.44107/
Relevancy 46.01%

So I ve card card/video issues driver Video owned this alienware m x r Intel Core i - QM Radeon HD M GB Video card/video card driver issues DDR for about months now and just recently it has started crashing immediately on startup either when it reaches the login page for windows or soon after There is no BSOD I ve used WhoCrashed and made sure dump files are enabled and nothing comes up I ve tried installing several different versions of AMD s drivers for the HD M I have but none work I ve run a system diagnostic test through advanced startup options and there are no errors It works fine with no drivers installed or if I boot in safe mode but I am at my wit s end here trying to get my system back in to working order I ve already tried reinstalling a fresh version of windows and fully cleaning my drivers and reinstalling them and nothing is a permanent fix I have gotten blue screens both of which were x E with the cause being the C Windows system drivers atikmpag sys file but as I am just learning the ropes of this stuff I have no idea where to go from here Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Video card/video card driver issues

Time to call Dell and get it warranty serviced, if you reloaded Windows and it still persists then its a hardware issue that needs to be addressed/repaired by the manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-video-card-driver-issues.1068924/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys thanks for taking the time to look at my post.Basically i recently have done a reinstall of windows xp but the system cannot seem to be able to find the systems video card drivers and i have checked on the properties under adapters and the whole list says n/a so i have no way of find out what drivers i need to download. I have an emachines 5250 if that is any use.
thanks in advanced

samuelleiser

A:Generic video card video card problems!! need help =)

I did some searching for you for a driver, but I did not find one. I think your best option is to purchase a new video card and install it. Remember to disable the built-in video in BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-video-card-video-card-problems-need-help.740673/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone I currently need a new video card for my Gateway e small form desktop PC because my on-board graphics have apparently gone bad My display is slanted or out of alignment And after testing different monitors hard drives moving the PC to different rooms checking wires etc it seems the on board graphics has Card card USB external Video 7? Windows AGP or for video gone faulty So I have options and need some help with my choice I have looked into purchasing the IOGEAR USB to VGA x External Video Card Which the seller on e-bay tells me can act as a primary video card for a monitor display along with being dual display useable spreading a desktop USB external video card or AGP Video Card for Windows 7? view across monitors at once or mirroring the current monitor display It also works with Windows Aero USB external video card or AGP Video Card for Windows 7? as well I've also been looking at AGP cards and found these two Jaton NVIDIA GeForce FX MB VGA TV Out Low Profile AGP Video Card eBay AXLE D NVIDIA GeForce MB DDR AGP Video Card w Low Profile Bracket eBay How would these two work with Windows and Aero Are they up to date enough to run Windows smoothly And has anyone ever had experience with external video cards Are they worth the money I am always looking for solutions I can use that avoid going inside my PC case My e is a cramped but strong system I was going to upgrade the RAM from GB to GB but after seeing that I'd have to remove the PSU just to get access to the two extra RAM slots I decided to pass Especially considering my system runs very fast with just GB's of RAM on an GB SATA drive My Windows version is Home Premium by the way

A:USB external video card or AGP Video Card for Windows 7?

I simplified:

I'd just go with this: [if you were AGP stranded, OP isn't as it turns out]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814139043

No ebay issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/297031-usb-external-video-card-agp-video-card-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an intel d845hv board. I took an older pci card out and put a new AGP card in and I get no video, well it flashes on for a second and then right back off. If I put the old video card back in, I can startup fine. I went into the bios and the video was already set to AGP. Ive tried removing the CMOS battery for awhile and then rebooting and I still get nothing. Any insite would be helpful. Thanks!

A:No video after changing old PCIvideo card to new AGP video card

Did you remove the old card and drivers in device manager first? You may need to update your motherboard drivers too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-after-changing-old-pcivideo-card-to-new-agp-video-card.17706/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if I can still fix this but I am trying not to lost hope here. This started when I upgrade my professional XP to windows7 Ultimate. I was able to use it for at least 3 months with no issue but then my computer crashed. I decided not to use windows7 anymore and then installed back my XP professional but even I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the XP os, my computer tends to use the generic driver of the video card. It will not detect now my monitor driver as well. I still have all th cd drivers but my computer always tells me it can't locate the driver. Should I replace or buy a new video card or is it my monitor driver that is damaged?

Thanks....

"I'll gotten gains never prosper".

A:video driver not detected

Hi Guys, I am not sure if I can still fix this but I am trying not to lost hope here. This started when I upgrade my professional XP to windows7 Ultimate. I was able to use it for at least 3 months with no issue but then my computer crashed. I decided not to use windows7 anymore and then installed back my XP professional but even I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the XP os, my computer tends to use the generic driver of the video card. It will not detect now my monitor driver as well. I still have all th cd drivers but my computer always tells me it can't locate the driver. Should I replace or buy a new video card or is it my monitor driver that is damaged?Thanks...."I'll gotten gains never prosper".the manufacturer of the video device[if its onboard then the maker of the motherboard .] is the best place to look for the proper driver .lets get some info ,using speccy Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration. Download, http://209.62.107.107/speccy/download/standard , install, and run. After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot. Click Yes. A web address will be displayed. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446901/video-driver-not-detected/
Relevancy 43.43%

When I try to capture a video from my Cannon zr90 mini dv I get a message that says no video signal was detected. I use Dell Movie Studio or Sonic DVD to make movies with. I've had some computer issues lately causing me not to be able to go on line or navigate to websites. All my problems have been fixed tho, I ran Maleware and found a couple viruses, updated my drivers, defragged my disk, and got a new modem/router for my wired and wireless network and everything is just peachy now. EXCEPT that my computer won't recognize my camera signal.

Checked my hookups, driver is okay, uninstalled and reinstalled my dvd burning programs but, I still have the problem. If anyone can help I sure would appreciate it!

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello
I just had this card installed, and i am now having problems with video's down loaded from the web. The video picture colors are all off, sound is fine. I Am using Windows XP pro. It/videos work intermitantly?? Mostly dont,,, PC Games and still pics are just GREAT. Any ideas on how to fix. I have fiddled with different things but nothing changes the video color quality.

A:New, Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 256Mb Video Card and have problem with down loaded video

Ah, my friend.it sounds not to be a video card problem, but more of a codec issue. make sure your codecs are up to date and if that doesn't work, post your system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-nvidia-geforce-fx-5500-256mb-video-card-and-have-problem-with-down-loaded-video.40874/
Relevancy 43.43%

OK here s what happened Someone was trying to add a video card to a Gateway GT PC so that they could use two monitors The PC and existing monitor was using the on board video They installed a new video Deleted now splash Video card in manager video no device screen past card and loaded drivers for it The on board video showed up in device manager and was deleted Somehow the new video card was also deleted in the device manager as well Now the PC will boot and you will see video until the windows splash screen then the monitor will go blank The PC is running as someone suggested using MS Narrator to hear the menus and try to get to device manager However he was unable to navigate to the device manager using this technique Using F and trying to boot into safe mode resulted in the same issues Trying forced VGA also the same Trying to use system restore to roll back to the previous setup also resulted in Deleted Video card in device manager now no video past splash screen the same outcome Can anybody suggest a good way to be able to get the video back up and running I personally have not looked at this PC to try a few things but will be looking at it tonight Anyone else run into this problem I would think windows would not allow all video to be deleted from device manager but I guess it has happened to many folks before The OS is XP Pro Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Deleted Video card in device manager now no video past splash screen

take out the new card and reboot. restart (whatever happens) and go into BIOS, check your onboard graphics is enabled, save and reboot. ...you were still using the onboard graphics by he way...tell me when you've done the above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deleted-video-card-in-device-manager-now-no-video-past-splash-screen.107013/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

I am trying to render 720p video on a fairly slow processor in Media player classic with the CCCP codec, It's a Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz. I'm noticing some very minor studdering every once in a while. I was wondering if I could put the stress of the video on my Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB video card instead. My friend told me you could do this, but he is running Ubuntu Linux so idk if its possible in Windows or CCCP.

Thank you for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rendering-video-with-video-card-instead-of-processor-in-cccp-media-player-classic.993577/
Relevancy 43.43%

My motherboard is an ASUS P4P8Z SE
Graphics card AMD/ATI Radeon X300 SE

The video on my screen shuts off and it doesn't even make it past the start up screen (black screen). I try to go in safe mode but it never makes it to there before video shuts off. I'm wondering if it's my video card since I do play an online game and this is just a basic card. My gf recommended that I change the video card awhile ago. Is it possible it burned out? It was working fine yesterday. I don't want an extremely expensive one since this is an old computer and I will be getting a new one in another year or so. Is there any way I can get to safe mode before the screen shuts off?

A:Solved: Video shuts down just before login screen..is video card dead?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-shuts-down-just-before-login-screen-is-video-card-dead.1005037/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there,

Over the past couple of weeks, my PC has begun freezing - but ONLY when I'm watching videos. That can be either streaming or in Media Player etc. It never freezes if I'm doing other stuff.

Any ideas? is my video card kaput, do you think?

Cheers,

Andy

Relevancy 43.43%

Okay so I purchased a brand new computer in parts from NewEgg I got Gigabyte GA- XA-UD R Motherboard Galaxy GTX TI Video Card GB DDR Zephyr MX- Watts AMD -core FX- Ghz Processor A single GB Mhz DDR RAM stick A TB Hard drive which I used as my main while video (returned/exchanged playing card) games freezes PC video and I owned a previous TB Hard Drive which I am using as my secondary I m using Windows Ultimate I ve played Guild Wars League of Legends and Skyrim and anywhere between - minutes my pc will crash freezing up completely and the sound will get stuck I ve gone hours with the PC on while in the Skyrim Construction set using Microsoft Word and browsing the net At one point I got the Blue Screen of Death Only incident with the following code PC freezes while playing video games (returned/exchanged video card) x E I ve updated everything video card motherboard any PC freezes while playing video games (returned/exchanged video card) windows component updated I ran my PC freezes while playing video games (returned/exchanged video card) antivirus in case I brought anything from the old ndary HD nada There have also been a couple cases where we could smell something hot Not burning just hot It continued to freeze when I tried to play ANY game so I sent the video card back Had to be the video card what else could it be I got the new one today It lasts longer but it continues to freeze when playing any video games I have part replacement refund from NewEgg for another days I need to figure this out now Help What freaks me out is that EVERYTHING is new No idea what I can do in this particular situation Remove the in the link below Here is the Everest Report http dl dropbox com u Everest MyPcReport htm I moved the Video Card from the top PCI-e slot to the nd one from x to x and it seems to be doing better On the other slot the temp never went above degrees C currently it is at I turned the graphic settings up all the way to see if it would crash lower settings allowed it to keep from crashing longer Gage up after - minutes of trying to crash it heading to bed and will try with Skyrim which is more demanding than LoL or GW nbsp

A:PC freezes while playing video games (returned/exchanged video card)

Maybe there is an issue with your power supply.

Run this
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

While running this
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=36

Let them go for 1 hour and see what you get. It will render your PC pretty much useless so set it and step back and watch.

See if you still lock up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-while-playing-video-games-returned-exchanged-video-card.177617/
Relevancy 43.43%

My video card first started acting up. It would switch to my onboard video, then back to my video card, then back the forth until the video card stopped working. I tested my video card in a different PC and it works fine. Now my onboard video has stopped working. I have a cheap power supply in my computer. Do you think it's the PSU?

I need some advice.

Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

I recently bought a new video card the gt 220. I connected it to the slot correctly and everything, the fan on the card goes on when i power the pc but its not being detected as a video device. it says its a pci-e 2.0 slot but in minimum req says any pci-e slot will work not necessarily a 2.0 i dont know which i have. I used to have a video card that died on me and now im thinking it might have been the slot that died. I don't have access to another card to check if the slot works or not with a known working video card. Just want to know what you guys thought about it because the video does go on its just not detected.

Relevancy 43.43%

Here s the story I got a new Nvidia GeForce GT to replace my old Nvidia GeForce LE First of all New Not Detected Card I uninstalled the drivers to my old card then shut everything off etc then put in the new card When I put in the new card it powers up and all like it s supposed to fan spinning and all But when I plugged my monitor into the card I got a blank black screen with quot No Input Signal quot I try over and over installing new drivers to everything on my board etc but it still New Card Not Detected isn t working Now the slot won t even read my old graphics card The cards still power on the fan will spin but it s like it just isn t sending any input signal My computer doesn t seem to recognize the card is there even though it powers it on When I go to the device manager only my onboard video card is listed Neither my new nor my old card will get detected My BIOS is set to use the PCI-E slot first but I guess since it doesn t know anything is New Card Not Detected there it s not using it Any help would be so great I ve been trying to figure this out all day nbsp

A:New Card Not Detected

Installing drivers will do nothing if your board/windows isnt picking it up.

I had this problem a while back, I had to re plug it in a few times...it could also be your cable thats dodgy considering it isnt picking your old one up now either, how old is the board exactly...is it possible that the slot is faulty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-card-not-detected.134087/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I just bought a Transcend TS-PDU to install in card run. PCI-e being detected W8.1 USB first only on 3.0 a SABERTOOTH X motherboard Intel X chipset last BIOS available running Windows It doesn't need to install new drivers as Windows USB 3.0 PCI-e card only being detected on first run. W8.1 detect it by default This is the issue after plug the card in the motherboard the first run works perfect I can reboot as times as I wish even sleep the computer But when I shutdown the computer next time I turn it on It just disappear If I take the card and plug in a USB 3.0 PCI-e card only being detected on first run. W8.1 new motherboard slot exactly the same first run works but not anymore update Just found that if I unplug the computer and let the motherboard to lost all the power after turn it on it works again Tried on two PCIEX and one PCIEX slots same behavior Tried a fresh windows install same behavior if I format the computer with the card already installed It don't appear in the new fresh install if I unplug it and plug it before format it works Tried almost all the options i found on BIOS and read a lot of posts about USB problems but no luck These are the two states of the devices Not detected Was detected in the pass When it is working all the hidden devices are ready only after plug it in a new slot Any idea Thanks for your time

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68827-usb-3-0-pci-e-card-only-being-detected-first-run-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just bought this GFX card for a brand new PC I bought that had onboard.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-064-OK

I have a PCI express port and inserted the graphics card yet my monitor will not start up with the PC when I turn it on (the light on the monitor which should turn green when the display shows stays orange and no display shows). I have checked the monitor cables, the graphics card connections and absolutely everything I can think but still it just won't work and the card is not being detected. I also tried to install the drivers with my monitor plugged into the onboard and it said 'no suitable hardware found for these drivers'.

Would appreciate some help.
Thanks

A:GFX Card not being detected

Nearly 15% of video graphics cards arrive partially defective. Call your tech support person for that card... or whatever you do in the UK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gfx-card-not-being-detected.85599/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi, yes, my motherboard has ATI on board video and it's still on. I have a Nvidia geforce 550 ti video card that i much prefer to run my games.

I'm having a video confusion problem in my games where i can't see some of the video. I was told by the maker of the MOD for the specific game that i need to disable the ATI on board video so there wont be any more conflicts with my Nvidia video card.

How do i disable the on board video on my motherboard. the motherboard is the following:

MSI 790FX-GD70

Thanks.

A:how do i disable the ATI on-board video so my nvidia 550ti video card will run my gam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-disable-the-ati-on-board-video-so-my-nvidia-550ti-video-card-will-run-my-gam.1019907/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently got a Dell Dimension E520 without a video card. I rarely play games on my computer. I plan to use it for editing and authoring my home videos. I want to stick to under 100$ for the video card.

Been reading about video cards and am leaning towards a 7300 GT , 7600 GS or 7600 GT.

Which of above cards is optimum for what I want to do.

Thanks for your help.

My specs:

Dell Dimension E520
E6300 Core 2 duo (1.86 Ghz)
1 GB RAM
VX2235 - 22 inch Digital LCD (display is bad with integrated video card)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-for-multimedia-home-video-editing-and-authoring.71314/
Relevancy 43.43%

recently I have wanted to get into video editing and I decided to try out a few different video editing software tools I tried windows movie maker first and it kept skipping when I would preview clips and freezing The same thing is happening with the trial version of adobe s premiere elements trial version For adobe it told me to download the latest video driver that was compatible so i did and it allowed me to see my videos and use it a little bit but it would not be able to keep up and would freeze occasionally Does this have to do with my graphics card This is what I could find of my computers information i typed dxdiag in run System Operating system Windows Home Premium bit Build System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System if I card editing upgrade video for software should Wondering video model Satellite A BIOS InsydeH Version Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX And I guess this is my graphics card Name NVIDIA GeForce M Chip Type Geforce M DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Approx Total Memory MB Current Display mode x bit Hz If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated thank you P s I m not very computer savvy so keep that in mind - nbsp

A:Wondering if I should upgrade video card for video editing software

yes the graphics card seems to be the weak link in your setup, you could try searching for msi afterburner to try to overclock your graphics card but failing that i would upgrade your graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-i-should-upgrade-video-card-for-video-editing-software.159073/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Emachines T computer that I bought before coming to finland They are very bad with power supplies going out as I have just read from the internet My dad had almost the same model as I have and it crashed after only two years He card? Broken PCI i boot connector with up video video on motherboard/can had a replacement motherboard put in his PC but he is a very old man and he did not realize that Broken video connector on motherboard/can i boot up with PCI video card? the guy had screwed in the monitor cable to the computer and one day he was trying to remove it and broke the video pin connector Last time I was there I carefully removed the video pin connector so that I could use the motherboard and or components if I needed them on mine He bought another PC So now my motherboard and or power supply has crashed as well and I have his motherboard here with me I want to try and connect the new motherboard to to my PC but since there is not a video pin connector I am thinking of buying a cheap video card to put in the PCI slot My question is how can I get the PC to work that way Is it so that the PC should boot up even though the video card driver is not installed yet and I will see something on the monitor or is it so that I will most probably not be able to use the motherboard if it only has a PCI video card installed I have not done that before and I am thinking that the new video card won t be active immediately since it will be new and no driver installed Of course without the card working and without a monitor to see anything I will not be able to go through the bios setup to change settings if needed in order to get the PC to boot up It will not be easy to put in another video connector directly into the motherboard because I would have to solder it in and first remove all the other solder that is there from where I removed the broken one Yee Haw If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it Thanks for your help Pauli nbsp

A:Broken video connector on motherboard/can i boot up with PCI video card?

The problem is, if the psu went then the mobo may well be damaged from that happening. Sounds like the best place for it is the landfill site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-video-connector-on-motherboard-can-i-boot-up-with-pci-video-card.88151/
Relevancy 43.43%

This hardware question is about adding in an older NVidia graphics card to replace video new connection card onboard for Install video failing a a the onboard video One error Install a new video card for a failing onboard video connection I'm getting and computer power up is 'not getting signal' at the monitor from the onboard video A sample install of the add-in card to bypass that connection gave a typical blue screen with the message of a new piece of something-- hardware software is not recognized The motherboard has Radeon graphics on the board The add-in card which is used is an Nvidia XFX gotten from a friend who is upgrading My question is this It is known that a hard disk can be migrated from one rig to another by modifying the driver in Device Manager What this does is have Win make a new discovery of the hardware piece Can something similar be done with video in Device Manager or the BIOS on this MSI GM-E model MS Additionally could a reinstall of Win adding in the proper Nvidia driver which I put on a cd solve the problem Or does the chipset simply not support Nvidia I have looked at the specifications manual page and found nothing on it The Radeon info comes from the Everest diagnostic program thanks for any replies

A:Install a new video card for a failing onboard video connection

HD 4540 or HD 5450? The motherboard will support any graphics card assuming it has a PCI-E slot (which it does have). Have you tried disabling onboard video in the bios?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398745-install-new-video-card-failing-onboard-video-connection.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I need the 9pin video pinout (or any information) of an 8bit 512kb Metheus 8842 086-05219-03 video card from an IBM XT I have been trying to get running.

I have a hi-res Mitsubishi BNC monitor that should work with the card if I can build a proper cable.

The card is rating at 1024x768 x 42hz which matches my old monitor, but all I get is garbage on the screen as the cable I have is not properly setup for this card. I know the XT works properly (with a different video card).

This card is an original from 1987 and is very unique and I would like to get this old autocad unit running in original condition (minus the original monitor)

The card has a Metheus 022-04900-00 M8650304 GPU and a matched 022-04899 chip onboard. the only other number on the card is 080-05220-05

Anyone have any idea what this unit is?

Thanx
Ryan

Relevancy 43.43%

So basically i did bunch of dual display setups before but using two video cards or using one video card with two outputs but this is the FIRST TIME im trying with a built in intergrated card and a PCI card.

Heres the issue.

I hooked up the PCI video card and when i plugg both monitors in, the intergrated video card gives a yellow exclamation point in the device manager and nothing shows up on the monitor. Only the PCI video card shows signal..

I tried un-installing both cards, redoing it from ground up, tried disabling and renabling both cards but only one monitor shows up and that is the PCI card.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

A:DUAL DISPLAY SETUP - PCI VIDEO CARD & INTERGRATED VIDEO.. Possible?

Check that the on-board video is enabled in the Bios.

It's possible you can't have both working at the same time, should be able to check this if you know what motherboard it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-display-setup-pci-video-card-intergrated-video-possible.667381/
Relevancy 43.43%

For video editing purposes I bought an ASUS GT video card because it has two DVI outputs and an HDMI output I plugged that sucker into my PCI express x slot turned the computer on and both monitors and add-on video 8300 card won't video enable onboard disengage XPS and the TV said quot NO SIGNAL quot even though the fan on the video card was spinning I ended up staying up too late last night researching the issue and it appears to be that the system BIOS isn t XPS 8300 won't disengage onboard video and enable add-on video card recognizing the GT s video BIOS so it does not think a video card is plugged in On any other BIOS I ve ever worked on I could disable the onboard video but to my dismay no such option exists in the XPS BIOS My XPS works fine with the two other older video XPS 8300 won't disengage onboard video and enable add-on video card cards that I plugged into that slot so initially I thought perhaps it was because I was using a newer video card So I plugged the GT into an older Inspiron circa just to see what happens The GT worked fine in the old computer Which would be great except that the old computer has gb of RAM and a core duo The I bought has an i and gb of RAM which makes a huge difference when editing HD video I also briefly installed the card in my wife s XPS - and it works fine there It seems that the only computer it does not work with is the one computer I happened to buy last month from the Dell Outlet Apparently this has been an issue with other video cards and the XPS I ve seen rumors about nvidia developing a workaround involving changes to the video card s BIOS but I think I m going to have to return the card for a different card because I don t know when that will actually happen and apparently Dell have already stated that because the is discontinued they will not fix their mistake

A:XPS 8300 won't disengage onboard video and enable add-on video card

At least with the GTX 680, nVidia acknowledged that this is their problem and they were going to release a firmware update to vendors who make GTX 680 cards . I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same nVidia issue with the GTX 640.
These are the only cards Dell certifies to work in the XPS 8300, and they're all Dell OEM cards:
KP8GM AMD Radeon HD5450
HWHRN AMD Radeon HD5670
GCJ42 AMD Radeon HD5770
2XTG4 AMD Radeon HD5870
HCVMH AMD Radeon HD6450
8F60V AMD Radeon HD6670
8PJF8 AMD Radeon HD6770
Y9XH7 AMD Radeon HD6870
4VDWW AMD Radeon HD6950
VH86X Nvidia G405
X78HM Nvidia GT420
WGP2G Nvidia GTX560
Any card not certified by Dell is a gamble...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19461315
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently installed Windows Service Pack actually three times after reinstating my computer software to the original state by erasing card video or software? problem playback Video and streaming. and reinstalling the full software install video playback and streaming. Video card problem or software? CD on my computer s hard drive for Window XP Home I have no problems playing games with my new FX Ultra video card by BFG but I am at random times getting the annoying green screen that blanks out my videos I am streaming or playing happens when I am streaming more often Then after that happens usually the computer video playback and streaming. Video card problem or software? reboots or shuts off I never had this happen before My computer s memory tests ok so why can I play games with this never happening but when I am streaming or watching video through Windows Media Player etc do I get the quot green screen blankout quot and then often the shutdown of my computer I have MB of system memory and MB of video memory I use System Mechanic and it shows I have at least half of my memory even during playback so what is the problem here I can attach my system computer file of my information if you like in an e-mail if it will help AND YES I HAVE THE DIVX CODECS I thought about that to and uninstalled and reinstalled them with the same random problems PLEASE HELP ME This is really annoying nbsp

A:video playback and streaming. Video card problem or software?

Well, it seems u dont have a hardware problem. this problem occurs only when u r watching videos. so i guess its the media player. take my suggestion, stop using it. Download this pack: KLite Codec Pack. I think the latest version is 3.2. Its got all the codecs u need to play compressed videos, and dvds. Its also got an advanced media player which can play any video u open it with like wmv, dat, mpg, rm, mov, avi, divx..... of course, the codecs for these formats r included in the pack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-playback-and-streaming-video-card-problem-or-software.305886/
Relevancy 43.43%

Im working on a computer that turns on powers up, hard drive spins, etc. but no video is displayed. Ive replaced the motherboard, video card, RAM, power supply, and tried a new hard drive, is it possible that this could be a CPU problem? The computer is

Foxconn socket 939 mb
AMD Athlon 64 FX 3400+
Geforce 7600 GS 256MB Video Card
150GB SATA Hard Drive
420W Power Supply

I appreciate the help

A:I`ve replaced the motherboard, video card, RAM, power supply, but still no video.

Do you have another monitor that you can hook up just to check? Are you receiving any post "beeps" when you boot it up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-ve-replaced-the-motherboard-video-card-ram-power-supply-but-still-no-video.64564/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I m Down Card and Shutting Problem - Monitor Video Video Playing in a dilly of a pickle here When playing video my screen will go black for just a second and then return Video Card Problem - Playing Video and Shutting Down Monitor to normal With most video players the video will then usually play but when using BSPlayer bsplayer org to watch video the screen will go black return to normal and then video will not play It gets worse Video Card Problem - Playing Video and Shutting Down Monitor Sometimes I will be minding my own the computer will still be running but then the screen will go black then the monitor will give me the old message quot self test check your pc and signal cable monitor is working quot The computer will still be running and the only way I know to get picture back is to restart the computer I have gotten this error the most when the using BSplayer which sometimes causes the monitor to just shut down like that But other video players like divx QuickTime and windows media player will all occasionally not play or cause weird image problems to crop up on the screen Also if the computer freezes up hitting ctrl alt del gives me a black screen with garbled white text I have updated my NVIDIA drivers and installed the latest bsplayer version but neither of those actions fixed my dilemma OS se Video Card NVIDIA Geforce FX CPU AMD Athlon XP nbsp

A:Video Card Problem - Playing Video and Shutting Down Monitor

spinnermason said:

Hi,

Iím in a dilly of a pickle here.

When playing video, my screen will go black for just a second and then return to normal. With most video players, the video will then usually play, but when using BSPlayer (bsplayer.org) to watch video, the screen will go black, return to normal and then video will not play.

It gets worse. Sometimes, I will be minding my own the computer will still be running, but then, the screen will go black, then the monitor will give me the old message:
"self test / check your pc and signal cable / monitor is working"
The computer will still be running, and the only way I know to get picture back is to restart the computer. I have gotten this error the most when the using BSplayer, which sometimes causes the monitor to just shut down like that. But other video players like divx, QuickTime, and windows media player will all occasionally not play or cause weird image problems to crop up on the screen

Also, if the computer freezes up, hitting ctrl+alt+del gives me a black screen with garbled white text.

I have updated my NVIDIA drivers and installed the latest bsplayer version, but neither of those actions fixed my dilemma.

Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200Click to expand...

sounds like the gpu is overheating or goung bad get some compressed air and blow out the video card very through (*get the rest of pc while you are at it) and if this dont help you may have to replace

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-problem-playing-video-and-shutting-down-monitor.341461/
Relevancy 43.43%

i have been gettings BSOD randomly
already try
-uninstall daemon
-uninstall VGA driver,use driver sweeper in safe mode,install VGA driver

my laptop compaq presario CQ42-176tx
spec Compaq Presario CQ42-176TX, Speed 2.26Ghz, RAM 4GB Laptop/Notebook Price in India, Reviews & Specifications

A:bsod video scheduler and attempt to reset video card

Welcome

Lets start with Driver Verifier

Verifier puts extreme stress on the drivers, bad ones will cause BSOD. If we change all those drivers we hope for no more BSODs, If you get no BSODs, then its not a driver and we look to hardware. With verifier on your computer may be a little laggy, but actually..its just doing its work.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Information
Driver Verifier runs in the background, "testing" drivers for bugs. If it finds one, a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will result; the corresponding dump file will hopefully show the faulty driver.

Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow

Driver Verifier monitors kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. It can subject the drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.

Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253038-bsod-video-scheduler-attempt-reset-video-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Anyone know how to fix this error. I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps at start-up and no video but I get sound? Anyone know a cost effective way to fix this?

A:video card error. No video on start-up. Sony vaio all in one PC.

That beep code means that there is a video controller failure. It's unlikely that it's anything that can be fixed by anyone but a service technician.

Unless you have a removable graphics card in that rig.

What is the model number?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/328756-video-card-error-no-video-start-up-sony-vaio-all-one-pc.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I am trying to connect two monitors to one PC Video configuration Unsupported detected a Unsupported Video configuration detected Dell Optiplex I work for a small business and all the workstations are dell optiplex s The other s have two different graphics ports one is VGA and the other is DVI well I noticed on the workstation I need to use there is not a dvi connection so I took one out of another workstation and installed the same way into the i need to use but as soon as i installed it an error came up sayng quot Unsupported video configuration detected this computer has an add in graphics card but the monitor cable is plugged into the intergrated video connector to attach the monitor cable to the graphics card connector this may require a video adapter or video adapter cable quot As soon as i Unsupported Video configuration detected open the case and install this device in the slot and turn the computer on that error message comes up before i even plug the monitor cable into it The graphics card works fine when in another it just seems to be a problem with this one Windows xp is the opertating system Can anyone help me out or give any advice nbsp

A:Unsupported Video configuration detected

To use dual screen you need to use either the onboard VGA (with a splitter cable) OR the DVI addon card.

When you put the DVI card in, disconnect the VGA and connect the monitor directly to the DVI card and start it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unsupported-video-configuration-detected.949844/
Relevancy 43%

I have just got hold of a second hand monitor from a friend. I want to add it to my current PC set-up so I can use an extended desktop for work. I have bought a VGA to 2xVGA Video Splitter. My original monitor is in what I presume is the primary input and is working fine. However the second monitor is showing no image at all.

I know how to work a computer when its working but am pretty clueless when it comes to the more technical aspects.

Please help!

A:Second Monitor Not Detected Using 2x VGA Video Splitter

To further clarify, when I switch the computer on the second monitor mirrors the primary monitor until the primary monitor reaches the login page. At that point it comes up with a message saying "Input Not Supported" and then switches itself off after a few minutes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/359153-second-monitor-not-detected-using-2x-vga-video-splitter.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics tower!) card GX Dell for Graphics a video (not card 755 & mini the Optiplex card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989375
Relevancy 43%

Ok so I just recently got a Dell optiplex GX PC that has- nbsp Intel core quad processor GHz GB ram GB hard tower!) card for mini video & a Dell 755 card GX Graphics the Optiplex (not drive kinda small i know i m looking to upgrade that as well I m posting this here to see if anyone knows mainly what graphics card i could get that would make my PC gaming friendly It doesn t have to be the most amazing stellar quality card out there since iv had some people tell me that you cant upgrade these PCs much But just some good quality advice on the subject and maybe a recommendation on what card brand to get as well as the specs for it Also a recommendation for a video card would be greatly appreciated as well Sorry for my ignorance on on the subject i am new to the PC world I ended up having to get this computer in a pinch because I am a small time graphics design artist and my laptop died and I had orders coming in I m not looking for a quick fix to the problem so even if anyone has a solution that may take a bit or Graphics card & video card for a Dell Optiplex GX 755 (not the mini tower!) quite a few steps to get underway the help is still greatly welcomed I am hoping if its at all possible to make a good situation out of this and maybe build this PC to fit my needs Thank you to anyone who can help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989376
Relevancy 43%

Hi TechSpot folk, and thanks for in advance for anyone who can help me.

I've bought myself a new video card yesterday; HIS Radeon X1650 Pro 512mb IceQ, AGP. I went ahead to install it, and I get no picture after booting up.

I am receiving a signal to the monitor (I am not getting a "check signal" message) but no image comes to the PC. I went to put my old card in which is a Gigabyte 128mb 9600 Pro, and it now it doesn't work either!!!

Both cards are receiving power as theirs fans are chugging along.

I had also purchased a 1gig stick of RAM to complement my new video card, so I set my PC up the way it was before the attempted installation of the new card. Still nothing happening.

Current components of PC are:

P4 2.8ghz (D865PERL)
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
512mb RAM
DVD and Lite-On burner

A:New video card install no good, now older card doesn't work either

I don't know about the 9600 Pro but the X1650 Pro should have a power connector on it. Possibly a floppy drive type connector. Was that plugged in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-install-no-good-now-older-card-doesnt-work-either.88311/
Relevancy 43%

Ok please tell me how in the world this happens...I have built them formatted them, fixed them added components many many times...This is my issue, Internet explore won't open....well it opens and I get a ap crash notification. I take out both of my different videos cards and use internal video and it does not crash. The problem is this is my living room movie file player and the video cards make a huge difference....I also need explorer as well....now Chrome works but that is not what I want...Tell me whats the problem? Sorry for the word errors using handheld keyboard

Relevancy 43%

i 'm using this memory card since 4 years ago but now suddenly its crashed when i copying files phone to pc.
memory card is not detecting on phone too
is memory card crashed or waste? help !! i need to use it :'(
i tried memory card reader ... here this screen shot below

A:Why my memory card is not detected?

They fail just like anything else electronic. Other than carefully cleaning the contacts there isn't much you can do. What does disk management show for that card?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47430-why-my-memory-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

My computer has a video card (NVidia) intergrated with the mother board and for some reason my computer refuses to detect and use it. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and still does not work. I am getting very frustraited and would very apreciate some help. 

A:graphics card not detected with 23k-121

Hello @TheNikachu, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are not seeing the integrated graphics chip, despite trying to install drivers. I am happy to help with this. When you check in device manager is there any entry at all for the graphics adapter? Is there anything showing up that is an unknown device?  If so try removing the unknown device and then scan for hardware changes, from within device manager. Let me know if it pull up the graphics adapter or not. If it does, then try using the HP Support Assistant, to find and install the correct driver. Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/graphics-card-not-detected-with-23k-121/td-p/5580274
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have a Lenovo T410 and I want connect my computer to the 3G. I have installed all the drivers available on the site of Lenovo, but when I try to install Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation, I have an error saying that I haven't a supported wireless WAN card. An idea ? (Sorry for my english, I'm not really that fluent). Janine86

A:Wireless WAN card not detected

HelloThe app might say the true - wwan card isn't installed.Open Device Manager, Network adapters section. Is there device, broadband adapter related? If your laptop is produced for North America or Europe, most likely adapter is Gobi 2000. Or there might be unknown devices, or with errors.FYI, Mobile Broadband app is useless in European networks, France including.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Wireless-WAN-card-not-detected/td-p/3350762
Relevancy 43%

I have an ASUS PCE-N13 Wireless PCI-Express Adapter. This is my second wireless network card and I do not believe they were both defective. My device manager does not detect that card and I installed the driver on the CD that came with the network card. Anything I can do? Only a wired connection with an X mark shows on my task bar.

ASUS p8z68 v pro Motherboard
8 GB Corsair Vengeance
i5 2500k CPU
gtx 560 ti graphics card
500 W PSU

Thanks.

A:Wireless Card not being detected

Can you show us a Snip of your device manager with Network Adapter expanded? Have you tried the card in a different slot? Also go here and make sure your have the latest drivers ASUS p8z68 v pro Motherboard
and here for your wireless card drivers, latest is driver v.3.2.1.0 ASUS PCE-N13

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182500-wireless-card-not-being-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Greetings, My new sound card arrived this morning. I plugged it into a PCI slot on my motherboard running Windows 10 64 bit with 4GB RAM.
Booting up the sound card was not detected and so I placed the driver CD into the CD drive and it came up with...

What should I run to make the card operational?
Any thought gratefully received,
s.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/sound-card-not-detected.311295/
Relevancy 43%
Relevancy 43%

Hi just installed win 7 upgrade from vista on my sony LT1S.

Now video wont play

no blu ray or dvd play back or live tv through media center.

I have just checked my win exp score and it has come down to 1.0 !

Graphics -nothing listed

Gaming graphics-not detected

dedicated graphics memory-0mb
dedicated system memory-0mb
shared system memory-0mb

I have unistalling the driver,on restart it says it is loading standard vga driver.

I have tried loading the driver froom sony and Nvidia but no joy

All was fine before the upgrade.

Has anyone got any ideas (i have asked sony support but after previous experiences i am not holding my hopes up1

Thanks

A:Graphics card not detected

Go to device manager, right click the graphics adapter in question under display adapters, choose properties, details tab, change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste what is there to here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/32858-graphics-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

i`ve instaled today windows 7 build 7229 but it does not recognise my sound card ...
i have a integrated sound card, wich is disabled from msDOS, and another sound card wich it was suposed to work ...
i tried to install the driver manualy but it gave me an error that it doesn`t work on this platform ...
what should i do ?
i have to change my sound card?

A:no sound card detected :(

What drivers did you try? If Win 7 drivers are not available - try the Vista ones from your manufacturers website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/13103-no-sound-card-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

My graphics card is not being detected by windows xp. I was using the computer and was installing a windows update when the computer monitor just turned black and the signal got lost. I rebooted the pc but the monitor still didn't receive a signal. I connected the monitor to the onboard graphics plug and went to device manager and the graphics card didn't show up under display adapters. After uninstalling the drivers and updating the bios it still doesnt show and I tried reinstalling new nvidia drivers but it says the nvidia setup program cannot locate any drivers compatible with your hardware and it just closes. Video card: Nvidia 8600gt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-not-detected.875213/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I have a Gigabyte AMD socket AMD 2 Motherboard with a onboard graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 6100) but recently i bought a new graphics card GIgabyte Geforce 7200 GS.
I have place it in and tried to change the bios by disabling the onboard graphics card but there wasnt a definate option. There was 2 options that refered to graphics cards in Advance Bios Features, the two were; Init Display first and Onboard GPU.
In the Init Display first, there was 3 options, PCI slot, Onboard VGA or PEG. (which do i select?)
In the Onboard GPU, there was two options, Enable If No Ext PEG or Always Enable ( of course Enable If No Ext PEG but is this the way to disable it?)

When i put the card in and insert the plug to the graphics card, my monitor would not detect the graphic and the screen would remain black.

Any Ideas? Thanx in advance

A:New graphics card not detected

You should select PEG display first. This may sound kinda dumb lol, but does your new card have a power connector on it (it may be a 4-pin normal connector, or the new PCI-E 6 pin connector)?

If so, check it out, also you might want to try to reset the BIOS.

And BTW, welcome to TS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-not-detected.103811/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

This is really really frustrating me.. blehh I've been trying to fix it since yesterday. After (accidentally) uninstalling stuff, I think I accidentally uninstalled something that made my computer not detect my sound card, only, I don't know what? Now.. I don't know how to fix the problem at all. I was trying to find the sound card's manufacturer, but I couldn't find it (no sound card detected.. ;>.>) Anyway, my computer specs are below, and I just hope someone can help!

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension DIMC521
AMD Sempron(tmm) processor
3400+
1.80 GHz, 448 MB Ram

Uhh hope that info helps anyone.

Relevancy 43%

Background
I have an ASUS M4N78 Pro mother brd with build in sound. Window 7 did not detect the on board VIA1708S 8-chan High Definition Audio CODEC.

Current situation
I read Win 7 had problems with mother brd sound chips so I purchased an Auxentech X-Raider 7.1 PCI sound card.
When I attempt to install the Win7 drivers I get a small error window popping up saying " Please plug-in C-Media Audio Device device"

Can anyone help?
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/michel/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/michel/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

A:PCI Sound card not detected

mmino, welcome to the forums.

First make sure that the Via onboard is disabled in the bios. Next re-seat the card (maybe even try a different PCI slot) and try the driver again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58394-pci-sound-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 43%

Alright so i decided i wanted a graphic card Graphic Detected Card Not New upgrade from the New Graphic Card Not Detected le on board one So i bought an New Graphic Card Not Detected XFX Ati Radeon HD I tried installing my new card the usual way First i disabled the on board one since i cant uninstall and remove it Second i put the new card in the PCI-E slot and attatched the -pin power cable Thirdly i plugged my monitor into the new card I booted up my computer and recieved no signal So i plugged it into on board display which still worked With it plugged in directly to the computer i got x resolution so i tried downloading and installing new drivers for my card That didnt work so i used CPUID CPU-Z to see if it recognizes my card but it shows nothing is there New Graphic Card Not Detected i went into dxdiag and under the display tab it shows i nothing i tried the xfx drivers cd but it gives me the quot could nt detect an xfx product quot Is my card faulty or is it my computer COMPUTER SPECS http h www hp com ewfrf wc d roduct ALSO i have a bfg tech watt PSU http www bfgtech com bfgr wgspsu aspx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphic-card-not-detected.916519/
Relevancy 43%

We bought a GeForce 9600 gt graphics card online and got it in the mail and installed it. Then we needed an adapter, so after some research, we got one. I have a dell inspiron 530.

I tried plugging the monitor cord into the new card spot, and the monitor stayed black, like in power save mode, so I plugged the monitor into the motherboard again. I've looked on the GeForce site for the bios, but the site says it can't detect the hardware.

I know I need to download something for this to work, but I can't get any information that's helpful on the matter. Could you guys help me out?

A:Graphics card not detected?

Hi did you install the driver for the card

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/graphics-card-not-detected-678038.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello, hope you can help. My win98se doesn't recognize the ieee1394 pci card. I've tried different IRQ, manual install, software install what else is there.