Windows Support Forum

Why is Device Manager lying to me about the last driver version for my graphics card?

Q: Why is Device Manager lying to me about the last driver version for my graphics card?

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why is Device Manager lying to me about the last driver version for my graphics card?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.99%

im useing a old graphics card leadtek myvivo winfast a280 agp 8x 128mb right its not listed in device manager its useing standard vga graphics adapter when i run drivers through leadtek site it says cannot find product but when i start up pc before windows loads it states leadtek graphics card and bios etc im useing windowes 7 ultimate 64bit
cheers

A:my graphics card not listed in device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by fred54321

im useing a old graphics card leadtek myvivo winfast a280 agp 8x 128mb right its not listed in device manager its useing standard vga graphics adapter when i run drivers through leadtek site it says cannot find product but when i start up pc before windows loads it states leadtek graphics card and bios etc im useing windowes 7 ultimate 64bit
cheers

You may be able to use a vista driver if you install it in compatibility mode. to do that right click the installer>properties>choose OS
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/94332-my-graphics-card-not-listed-device-manager.html
Relevancy 82.99%

cheers

A:no graphics card listed in device manager

Hello !!

You might wanna post it in Windows 7 Forums there you might find someone who is expert in this area. Also check this website to see if this card works with Windows 7 Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

Good Luck,
Captain

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/280483-no-graphics-card-listed-device-manager.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi there, I have recently bought the nvidia geforce GT630 graphics card which is a pci slot card, I have put the card in to the slot and screwed it in place. there are no cables to attach to the motherboard and it's not powering up or installing from the dvd I got with it. When i plug the monitor cable into the card at the back and then boot up I get analogue monitor on power save click power on keyboard or move mouse...yet nothing happens and the monitor goes to sleep. My monitor is a dell as is my keyboard model Sk-8135 the keyboard has no power switch or power button and the monitor light goes orange leaving the screen black.

Please help me....

Citylady

A:Graphics card not showing in device manager

Hi,

When you switch the PC on, is the fan on the graphics card spinning?

You may want to try re-seating it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/299763-graphics-card-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey I m new here and i ve had this problem for over a month now I have a GeForce MX Mb The problem is that my computer cannot seem to find my device card Graphics dissapeared from manager.. graphics card anymore and the quot display adapters quot in Graphics card dissapeared from device manager.. the device manager dissapeared along with my graphics card This problem started a month ago when my monitor went into standby or hibernation and when I came back the screen didn t want to turn on anymore i tried pressing keys and moving mouse but nothing happened So i turned off my computer manually and when it came back on I had this problem I ve tried installing the latest drivers from nVIDIA com but none of this has helped i ve also taken out the graphics card and replaced it again but still nothing I have windows XP with Service Pack Any help will be greatly appreciated because i have been trying to solve this for a while now nbsp

A:Graphics card dissapeared from device manager..

Have you isolated the problem yet? By which I mean have you tried replacing that video card with one you know is good? If so did that video card work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-dissapeared-from-device-manager.298591/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have recently done fresh reinstall of Win 7 home premium and after reinstalling it couldnt find my Amd Graphics card in the device manager as I have got switchable graphics laptop with Intel Hd3000 as my other integrated graphics...Please shed some light on this issue...I have already tried downloading and installing drivers from hp website but it doesnt seems to pick the Amd Radeon card ...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-card-not-showing-in-device-manager-after-fresh-Re/td-p/5667025
Relevancy 82.13%

few days ago i tried to update my nvidia geforce gt 335m driver. but the update would not install, so i thought of deleting the nvidia driver and install the new version. i went to control panel(uninstall a program) and deleted everything with the name nvidia on it(physcs,graphics driver,control panel) now when i tied to install the new driver it said "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. so , i went to device manager and the only display adapter there was intel hd graphics. and the intel processor pciexpress root port-0045 was showing "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" my laptop: alienware m11x r2 details:M11x R2 Specs & Latest News | Alienware | The Verge PLEASE HELP!!!

A:how to make device manager detect my graphics card?

Try using Driver Robot or Driver Pack solution 13 Search on google.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/297254-how-make-device-manager-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have an NVIDIA GeForce MX AGP in my machine and today I got a hold of a free monitor Tested it worked fine Then I thought why not have monitors I grabbed my old nVidia GeForce MX PCI whacked it in alongside the GF wired up the new monitor and had a go First boot - Monitor had the usual DOS screen followed by loading Windows Monitor was blank Installed the graphics drivers and card My keeps one Manager, Device point! at 50 graphics in multiplying itself had rebooted My graphics card keeps multiplying itself in Device Manager, had 50 at one point! No problems Second boot - Monitor loaded everything up and Monitor was still blank When it got into Windows Found New Hardware baloons kept popping up telling me it found a new Video Adapter VGA Compatible then that it was in fact a GF MX then a few seconds later it would tell me it found another I went into Device Manager and there were literally or so of these My graphics card keeps multiplying itself in Device Manager, had 50 at one point! graphics cards with yellow black exclamation marks next to them Any way to solve this All help is mucho mucho appreciated thankyouu OS Win XP Home RAM DDR Graphics mb nVidia GeForce MX AGP CPU AMD Athlon ghz I m well aware that it s a crap setup but it plays Counter Strike thass all I need nbsp

A:My graphics card keeps multiplying itself in Device Manager, had 50 at one point!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-graphics-card-keeps-multiplying-itself-in-device-manager-had-50-at-one-point.578655/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have an ATI graphics card in my laptop, and on the drivers website it shows a newer driver version available to download for it, but how do I install it? Do I just open the setup file and install normally to update it to the newer version, or do I do it through device manager?

A:How Do I Uodate My Graphics Card Driver To A Newer Available Version?

just run the setup file.

you shouldn't need to uninstall the old one first - some people do, some don't.

i don't as i'm lazy...it's up to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/161671-how-do-i-uodate-my-graphics-card-driver-newer-available-version.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm using an Alienware M x R from to Graphics Device Card Caused Manager disappear BSOD with an Nvidia BSOD Caused Graphics Card to disappear from Device Manager GeForce GTX m I've been using this BSOD Caused Graphics Card to disappear from Device Manager laptop for about months now and everything has been running fine Yesterday I was playing Skyrim testing out a new mod from nexusmods I've read on the description and comments and there were no problems associated with the mod While I was using it a received a BSOD When I restarted the computer my resolution was reset I right clicked on the desktop and the options for my Nvidia control panel were gone along with the other options for the Intel Graphics control panel After a while my first display adapter came back which was the Intel R HD Graphics I looked up as much as I could about the problem and it was usually associated with the display adapters being reverted to something like Standard VGA Adapter This applied to the Intel graphics but that was all It was as if my graphics card vanished and I can't find it under device manager When I try installing reinstalling the Nvidia drivers it says that there is no Nvidia hardware I've tried waiting a couple of hours with the laptop shut down finding it in safemode and searched for even more solutions I can't seemed to find any The last thing I did was check the BIOS and it said that the Discrete Graphics Card was not detected If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated

A:BSOD Caused Graphics Card to disappear from Device Manager

I'm having the same sort of problem mate, can't seem to find a solution either, but check out my thread anyway it could help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/245848-bsod-caused-graphics-card-disappear-device-manager.html
Relevancy 81.27%

recently tried to run skyrim but the only video card it seems to detect is the intel hd one. im hoping this only happens on skyrim, but i fear its one of the reasons ive been lagging quite a bit in the other games cause it wont use the nvidia card instead it uses the weaker intel hd one.

A:Graphics Card in Device Manager showing with Caution? ! in a triangle

Hi there ... Try Installing the Driver for the GPU ... From the Lenovo website

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/306157-graphics-card-device-manager-showing-caution-triangle.html
Relevancy 81.27%

story Okay so here's what happened I Was working on photoshop one day and when i was trying to do more CPU hungry things on it evan cropping the screen started to flicker black and come right after seconds OR evan manager not my nvidia up in show card anymore graphics device will flicker then turn off One day it started flickering and then turned off my nvidia graphics card will not show up in device manager anymore I just though ahh damn But my nvidia graphics card will not show up in device manager anymore then the moniter didn't come on so i tryed another moniter and it didn't work either I Connected the moniter to the onboard VGS my nvidia graphics card will not show up in device manager anymore port well the blue cord port thing and that worked fine What i didn't relise is the computer was now using the onboard graphics card instead of nvidia NOW MY WINDOWS RATING HAS GONE FRO TO BECAUSE OF GRAPHCIS CARD I Have monitors now so i relised i have to fix this problem so i can connect them to my nvidia card -- I took it to people who fix computers they put it in another machine and it worked fine -- NVIDIA CARD WILL NOT SHOW UP IN DEVICE MANAGER TRYED INSTALLED LATEST DRIVER BUT IT SAYS quot The NVIDIA Setup program coult not locate any drivers that are compatible with your currect hardware Setup will now exit quot -- here are my specs Quote CPU AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz AM MB Cache Motherboard MicroATX MB socket AM DDR x DIMMs -channel audio LAN Graphic Card nVidia GeForce GT PCI-E MB -bit DDR MHz x Dual-Link DVI HDTV Fan Memory x GB DDR - Hard Drive GB SATA II RPM Optical Drive BenQ SATA DVDRW Case Fan mm Cooling Fan Software Window bit please help can't play games in HD either

A:my nvidia graphics card will not show up in device manager anymore

So when you took it to these computer repair people, iit worked? Cause to me it sounds like it overheated and might have burned out. Download SIW. Open it up and check in the hardware section. Its the most accurate free program I've ever used. There should be a section for GPU (graphic processing unit).

Let us kknow if its there,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/98131-my-nvidia-graphics-card-will-not-show-up-device-manager-anymore.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm not particularly knowledgeable with computers so please bear with me if I'm missing something overwhelmingly simple Anyway I'm trying to figure out exactly which graphics card is in this old machine A friend passed it along to me after mine gave up the ghost and I reinstalled Windows XP I checked DirectX Diagnostic Tool and Device Manager but neither can tell what the heck the graphics card is Neither can find the sound card either I need to know what it is so I can find the appropriate driver Here's what Device Manager lists under quot Other devices quot Audio device on high-definition audio bus SM bus controller Video controller Video controller VGA compatible I also tried the AMD doesn't recognise Device graphics Manager [SOLVED] card auto-detect tool but it flicks open for a moment then closes immediately for some reason I also opened [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card the machine up to see if I could find a product number on the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card graphics card but there isn't one There appears to have been a sticker at one point but it isn't there now The best I can tell you is that it's red and bears the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card words quot graphics by ATI Radeon quot I'm afraid I don't know much of anything else about this computer but if there's anything you need to know ask away and I'll do my best to find out If a photo of the card would help to determine its model I can do that Thanks in advance sorry I couldn't offer more info

A:[SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card

What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your make and model# and download the Chipset, Audio, and Video driver for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-device-manager-doesnt-recognise-graphics-card-692346.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

About 2 days ago I tried to install age of empires, wouldn't work due to some problem with driver compatibility with direct draw. I came across something that told me to uninstall my current Graphics Card from the device manager. So i did this, and alas, Age of Empires worked.

The screen was low resolution but i changed this and its fine now. But none of my other games work, and when i went back on my device manager, i could not find my graphics card. Just something called Standard VGA Graphics adapter. I have tried uninstalling this but everytime i start up my laptop it automatically reinstalls it. And my old graphics card aparently doesn't exist anymore, can anyone help?

Im running 32bit Home Basic, My graphics card was an SiS Mirage 3. Anything else you guys need, just reply or drop me an email

Thanks in advance

Lewis

A:Help is badly needed! Cant find my graphics card on device manager.

Hello Lewis, and welcome to Seven Forums.

When you uninstalled the device, you actually only uninstalled the driver for the device instead. Vista then assigned a generic driver for your graphics card since it (hardware) is still installed on the computer. This is why you now see Standard VGA Graphics adapter instead.

Installing the latest video driver will change this and have the proper graphics adapter name listed in Device Manager afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281272-help-badly-needed-cant-find-my-graphics-card-device-manager.html
Relevancy 76.97%

well, my brother's hdd in his laptop was going bad, it kept failing to boot. so i replaced it with another one. when i turned the laptop back on it started installing all the drivers for his hardware (windows was already installed on the 2nd hdd) and prompted me to reboot. after i did windows failed to start several times. i re-installed windows from scratch, and now his graphics card isn't showing up in device manager and windows cant find a driver for the network or ethernet card.

his specs:
gateway
windows 7 professional x64
ati mobility radeon hd 4250
broadcom bcm943225hm (network card)
amd phenom II x4 n9790
4gb ddr3

A:gpu doesn't show in device manager; network card driver install fail

update:

so, i got it to install the driver for the network adapter, but when i search for an access point, i cant see my wireless, in device manager it has "ethernet controller" listed under "other devices" with one of the ! inside an orange triangle

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245231-gpu-doesnt-show-device-manager-network-card-driver-install-fail.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have this problem:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

and now I am not able to connect any usb device to my laptop making it virtually impossible to use windows 10.
How do I downgrade to windows 7,have enough of the beta testing.
I even have a purchased version of windows 10 pro which I really regret buying, worst investment ever.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6070b9bf-bb9a-4579-80aa-b64b1241a77c/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-because-a-previous-instance-of-the-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey all I have a wweeeiiird problem It started with that my screen looked all messed up after booting up once past the win xp logo when Can't card it video resources" "not driver, says manager install enough in ANY device the video card driver kicks in i suppose It looked like horisontal lines all over the Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager screen not moving frozen and i had to restart Once restarted everything worked fine This happened a few times two or three i think But finally it didnt help to restart so i started up in safe mode and uninstalled my video card I actually removed the card ati radeon pro and put in my old one d prophet just to be sure nothing happened to my expencive radon card Then it worked booting up normally XP found the card and tried to install it It didnt work properly it said So I had a look in the device manager There I found that the AGP bridge to pci or something had one Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager of those yellow bad-signs on it Two other devices also under quot system devices quot named quot PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI bridge quot had the same yellow sign Looking under properties it says this quot This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system quot I uninstalled the Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager AGP bridge whatever that one was called so that one isnt in the list of system devices any more Now its just two of the other type I mentioned above I ve tried to find info about this problem by surfing around but I haven t found anything or at least anything that I understand But it seems that I might need to upgrade my bios But i don t know Anywhoo I m SOO tired of surfing and working with no driver to my video card it takes forever to just scroll a webpage So I would be enooormously grateful for any help My specs Windows XP sp ABIT NF AMD MB DDR MHz GB hdd Ati Radeon Pro usually right now kyro II d prophet some cd-burner nbsp

A:Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager

Hey man

Hey...

Lol, this comes from runnig a Ati card on a Nvidia nForce chipset! no just kidding ...
Anyway seems like you screwed windows up beyond recognition :blackeye: ....]
There is an easy solution and a difficult one..
The easiest way to fix your problem and establish if you don't have any other combinations of problems is:
1) Find a loan hard drive to reinstall a fresh copy of windows with your new display card inside, or plunge right into it and reinstall windows on your current HD... remember to install the nForce drivers before anything else. While you at it remove any other pci cards that might be the cause of your problems.
2) If your PC crashes during the reinstallation you definately have a hardware problem, try your original display card again.
3) If you have two ram modules, remove one, test, swop them, test.
4) If your problem persists after this I recommend testing the card on another pc... if available. It could be a faulty display card...
5) I presume your pc worked fine before the new display cards installation.
6) If the display card works on another pc you have a compatibility issue (very nasty) on your hands, take it to a pc vendor near you to sort it out.

Good luck!....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-any-video-card-driver-it-says-not-enough-resources-in-device-manager.18936/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have 2 gigs of ram, the taskmangager tells me that I am using 45% of it, and confirmes that under 'performance', where it states that 916mb are in use for memory.

But if I sum up all the memory usage under 'processes' i come to about 450mb. What is using the remaining 450mb's ?

A:Task manager is lying

Hi blackdot, have you clicked "Show Processes for All Users" under Task Manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/155406-task-manager-lying.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am attempting to upgrade from 4.5.  The first window states that setup detected previous version and will upgrade.   When I click next on that screen I am then promted with a window that states "Setup Has detected that no version of HP Device Manager 4.6 is installed.  the command -line options require that the application be installed to continue."  \Secondly with 4.5 only reverse shadow works. Not the Shadow. HP has not been all that proactive with this software.  Shure is nice when it work though. Jerry

A:Setup Has detected that no version of HP Device Manager 4.6 ...

Were you able to fix this issue? I am trying to install HPDM 4.7 (I have 4.6 SP5 installed) and it gives me the same message. I had it installed before in the server but had to remove it to reinstall it. I was able to resintall it once, but after I removed it a second time, this message keeps coming up. That's why I had to install 4.6 SP5 instead. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Setup-Has-detected-that-no-version-of-HP-Device-Manager-4-6/td-p/4503712
Relevancy 69.23%

* Product: Intel® Chipset Device Software
* Release: Production Version
* Version: 9.1.1.1019
* Target Chipset#: Intel® 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
* Date: August 18 2009

i installed this trying to update my ich9, but in the device manager, it still says i have version 8.3.0.1016 dated 9/25/2007

A:reinstalled ich9, but still have old version in device manager

You can try to uninstall current drivers...reboot, install the new.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277406/reinstalled-ich9-but-still-have-old-version-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 68.8%

Not sure which forum category I Driver / Does Why Reinstall via Problems Uninstall Fix Device Device a Manager should use thus using software for Driver Problems Various times to fix a device you can go into Device Manager and uninstall the driver go to top of page click on Actions and click on Search For New Devices I am under the impression this will uninstall the device driver then reinstall the exact same driver code Why does this work It appears that the exact same code is now reinstalled and many times fixes a problem I have used this technique on mouse driver internet driver keyboard driver THis is a good and easy first process to try and make a quick fix Again I am just trying to figure out why it works - Why Does Uninstall / Reinstall a Device Driver via Device Manager Fix Problems I know I am missing something As an ex-programmer trying to figure out why the same code now will work when it had stopped working Why or under what circumstances does the driver code stop working and then why does a reinstall of it at times lets it start working again

A:Why Does Uninstall / Reinstall a Device Driver via Device Manager Fix Problems

The drivers can become corrupted, which is why a re-install will fix the problems.As to how they get corrupted, that's anyone's guess...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522874/why-does-uninstall-reinstall-a-device-driver-via-device-manager-fix-problems/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello,
My integrated speakers and audio port do not seem to be working. It happened after I was playing around with bluetooth trying to get that to work. Now only bluetooth is able to connect. 
So far I have tried:
System restore
Deleting and redownloading audio drivers
Adding legacy hardware for Realtek
ePSA test was able to hear the tones
The audio logo has a red X through it and only the bluetooth headphones drivers appear in device manager. Any ideas what might be the issue and how to solve them? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19991757
Relevancy 66.65%

I have often wondered if this is the way to go to update a driver VIA device manager.
Don't select install automatically instead select "Don't search I will choose
the driver to install. Usually one is found but when selecting "install automatically
I have never had an updated driver found.

A:Updating device driver through Device Manager

usually if I don't have the disk, I just go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/ and find it there...about the only time that site has let me down was an ancient dell lapper with some archaic sound driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-device-driver-through-device-manager.1064590/
Relevancy 66.22%

...and 1 of them doesn't look good.
It damn surely is not an official thing, so any suggestions on what to do?

A:According to Device Manager I have 3 graphics cards...

Do you have UltraVNC? Both those other 2 are installed by UltraVNC. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/270484-according-device-manager-i-have-3-graphics-cards.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I can't install new version of graphics driver. 
When I install driver, it asks me to restart my PC, when i restart it, my screen freezes and i can't see anything. Computer is working normally but screen isn't showing anything.
Then I use system restore to use old version of driver again, but I can't play games with old driver. When I try to play games, windows shuts down. It says: Windows has recovered an unexpected shutdown
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1079
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 84E94510
BCP2: 9063769A
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:I can't install new version of graphics driver.

Where are you getting the new driver from?

System manufacturer and model...or motherboard/graphics card manufacturer and model if non-OEM (Dell, Lenovo, etc.) system.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541857/i-cant-install-new-version-of-graphics-driver/
Relevancy 65.36%

I can't install new version of graphics driver.
When I install driver, it asks me to restart my PC, when i restart it, my screen freezes and i can't see anything. Computer is working normally but screen isn't showing anything.
Then I use system restore to use old version of driver again, but I can't play games with old driver. When I try to play games, windows shuts down. It says: Windows has recovered an unexpected shutdown
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1079

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 84E94510
BCP2: 9063769A
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:I can't install new version of graphics driver

this sounds more like a hardware fault than a driver issue. differences between drive versions is the difference between games playing and not playing.
And the fact that the new drivers wont install highlight this further.

download msi afterburner and kombuster and stress test your gpu, then download prime 95 and test your cpu and ram. if your getting consistent lockups with the tests im affraid its something that will cost you money!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/338825-i-cant-install-new-version-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi! I have a HP Pavillion N047TX. It has a 2GB Graphics card. The sticker on the laptop shows that it is a Radeon Graphics but I can see it nowhere in my device manager. I tried downloading AMD Auto Detect but it also says that there is no driver detected. Somebody please help regarding how to enable the graphics driver for using it. I even tried re installing windows but in vain. I want it to be my primary driver. The only thing I can see in device manager under Display Adapters is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Radeon-Graphics-not-showing-in-Device-Manager/td-p/5635880
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me i have and nvidia 750i platinum chipset which uses these nforce drivers to control stuff like your raid and ethernet.but for tje life of me my adapter has dissaperaed into thin ait its built in to the mobo right but it won't show up in device manager or network connections .
I am confused because the green light on the adapter means its on but it doesnt recognise it as software could this be an update problem or because ive updated my bios please help my email address is REMOVED

Thanks
Kyle

A:Graphics chip does not show up in Device Manager?

Your email address got removed, because if u get threatening emails from someone, your parents can sue vista forums, because u publicly posted your email address on the internet (everyone, including pedophiles can view ur email address).

Or in the device manager, right click the system devices section, and click scan for hardware changes (feel free to do the same with all of the other sections just to make sure we dont miss anything).

If that doesnt work then,

Look for the chipset drivers and reinstall them.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/275121-graphics-chip-does-not-show-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello.My laptop is an:HP Pavilion dv6t-3000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit version.The issue is that the dedicated graphics card: an ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 fails to show up in device manager most of the time. So instead the computer uses the Intel HD integrated graphics.Here it doesn't work.Here it works.I'm unsure why sometimes the dedicated graphics card is not detected but it's really frustrating.Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Dedicated Graphics not showing in Device Manager

Are you able to switch to the high performance GPU by right-clicking on an unused place on the desktop? -erico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dedicated-Graphics-not-showing-in-Device-Manager/td-p/2469985
Relevancy 64.93%

I installed the OEM version of Windows 7, which came with all the basic drivers, but looking at the dxdiag box, my version of the graphics card I have is much older than the one on the ATI website.

I have the ATI Radeon HD 2400 - 1GB the version in dxdiag says 8.632
The latest is v9.9

But I cant seem to remove the old driver to update it, and I know this is incorrect, but should I just install the new one?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:OEM installed ATI Graphics Card Version

Hi missaaliyah

YES, this will over write the old drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/25546-oem-installed-ati-graphics-card-version.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi , I've G50 I5 (20351) ...AMD Radeon Graphics doesn't appear in device manager windows even the driver were well installed

plz help me !!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/device-manager-doesnt-show-amd-radeon-graphics.217742/
Relevancy 64.93%

Greetings all I have a AMD update drivers from manager device graphics to Unable mobility graphics card and am trying to update the drivers for it Am unable to use the installer from AMD as I get the quot INF not found quot error but the files are extracted by the installer to the correct location the step before hand so I try to install them through device manager and I can find the driver either by browsing to the correct folder or by using the 'browse installed drivers' method but in doing so I receive an error quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it quot - Name of driver - quot There is no driver selected Unable to update graphics drivers from device manager for the device information set or element quot The only option Unable to update graphics drivers from device manager have I have is to close I get this error by using either method of finding the driver that I mentioned If I select for Windows to search Windows update to find the correct driver I am given the option for an even older driver Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas I'm very 'computer savvy' so if you need to ask for any details or diagnostics etc I will be able to provide with no problem Alex

A:Unable to update graphics drivers from device manager

Hi Alex.

Is this for the laptop in your specs? If so, you should get the graphics drivers from HP, rather than directly from AMD. They may install better that way. Usually with a laptop, the OEM drivers are the best fit because manufacturers often put little tweaks into the hardware, and the manufacturer's drivers account for that. I learned that the hard way with my Toshiba laptop.

One thing about Windows Update. It might be finding an older driver, but it is probably the most correct for the laptop. I know it seems counter intuitive, but OEMs don't usually release many versions of drivers, and often an older driver is the best fit. Is there a reason that you need the newest AMD drivers? Like a game that won't work right, or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/328832-unable-update-graphics-drivers-device-manager.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have just Bought the Radeon 7000 Graphics Card (PCI Version) which i have installed. After intalling it seems to work but on the desktop and playing videos there is little dots on the screen which i cannot seem to get rid of.

Please help.

The Spec of my Machine is as follows:
Dell Intel PIII
733 Mhz
20GB HD
256 Mb Ram
Windows XP Pro

A:Radeon 7000 Graphics Card (PCI Version)

You explained your problem in a pretty vague way, so the only thing I can tell you right at the moment is to make sure your drivers are all updated. Radeons are reknowned for having driver problems. The *******s! Although I think the latest Radeon drivers clear up alot of the problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/radeon-7000-graphics-card-pci-version.92410/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, since the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, I can't use the GPU performance feature. It tells me that I have an comparable GPU available. Update driver to use GPU performance.
The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are up to date.
It says the version installed is 10.18.10.4276 however, when I download the newest drivers from intel, it says they are version 15.33.42.4358. So when I install it, it keeps going back to version 10.18.10.4276
The computer I have is an dell inspiron 660, it's got an i5 @ 3.0 ghz and an intel (r) hd graphics 2500 with 2gb of ram.

Would appreciate some help, it's been bugging me. GPU performance features really help my workflow.

A:Graphics card not updating to newest version

Hi, I'm a bit confused by "The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are up to date." and then mention 2newest drivers from intel, it says they are version 15.33.42.4358."

My interpretation is:
Windows insists on you having vn 10.18.10.4276, but there is a later version available from Intel. If you install the later version, Windows replaces it with vn 10.18.10.4276.

Assuming that you want the later version, you will have realised that Windows has taken control of driver versions, and Uncle MS will replace your driver if yours isn't the MS approved version- whether older or newer.

This lets you disable particular updates:
Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Use this to hide the update you don't want, then apply the driver update.

This turns off all driver updates (not really what you want to do)
Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/39153-graphics-card-not-updating-newest-version.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Nvidia 9500 GT wich works fine in XP. I upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit. The correct driver for the card is 280.26 according to the Nvidia site. The card is compatible with Win 7. However, when I attempt too install the card, it says "NVIDIA graphics driver not compatible with this version of Windows". The Nvidia utility also detects an error when it tries to detect the card.

I suspect there may be a chipset issue?

A:NVIDIA graphics driver not compatible with this version of Windows

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You might want to check whether you downloaded the 64-bit version of the graphics driver instead of the 32-bit one. It's an easy mistake to make as I know only too well, having done it myself in the past.

As for your chipset drivers, it won't hurt to get the latest ones for the 32-bit version of Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/189429-nvidia-graphics-driver-not-compatible-version-windows.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I would like to get a clarification on the Graphics driver version numbering of Intel and Nvidia.

Intel uses the following schema to define the driver versions.

7. 14. 10. 1322
VISTA DirectX Intel Build number

For example, this driver works with Windows Vista* operating system and supports Microsoft DirectX* 9. The last four numbers represent the Intel build number.

Intel Identifier Operating System Version
8 Windows 7*
7 Windows Vista*
6 Windows* 2000 and Windows* XP
5 Windows 2000 only
4 Windows*95/98/98SE/Me or Windows NT* 4.0

Intel Identifier DirectX* Version
15 10.x
14 9.x
13 8.x
12 7.x
11 6.x

7 Denotes VISTA Operating System
14 Denotes DirectX 9.x
1322 Denotes Intel Build Number

What is 10, it denotes for ?

NVIDIA Graphic Drivers

NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Driver : 7.15.11.6369

7 Denotes VISTA Operating System
15 Denotes DirectX 10.x
6369 Denotes Intel Build Number

Can anyone help me to find out the significance of digit 10 in Intel and 11 in Nvidia driver version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-and-nvidia-graphics-driver-version-numbering.964240/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been searching the internet for hours trying to find adapter Standard Device manager restore showing VGA after graphics a solution to this problem to no avail Computer Dell precision workstation t Intel Xeon W ghz gb ram GTX ti not working now worked before restore I just restored my PC through Dell's backup and recovery manager When finished I tried to install drivers for my GTX that I downloaded off of the Nvidia website I receive the error quot The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware quot I go to check the Device Manager and in the Display adapters I see quot Standard VGA graphics adapter quot not my Nvidia card I'm assuming that is the reason my card does not appear and I Device manager showing Standard VGA graphics adapter after restore can't install drivers These are the steps I have already taken First I tried uninstalling the Standard VGA graphics adapter but I found that it re-installs itself whenever I restart Next I tried to uninstall in safe mode but it STILL re-installs it self while in safe mode I have tried Driver Sweeper to the same effect After reading several threads online where users experience similar problems I went to Dell to find the drivers they supplied for the computer I bought and Dell doesn't offer drivers for the card I have because I upgraded since buying the prebuilt from Dell I found Dell drivers Device manager showing Standard VGA graphics adapter after restore for a ti however I still receive the same quot The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware quot error These are the hardware id's for the Standard VGA graphics adapter PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC Why is Device Manager showing me quot Standard VGA graphics adapter quot Why isn't it recognizing my card when it previously did before being restored and most importantly how do I get it to recognize my card so I can install the drivers Thanks

A:Device manager showing Standard VGA graphics adapter after restore

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I shouldn't worry too much about Windows installing drivers for the VGA adapter.

What you need to do is download NVIDIA's driver for your GTX 560 and save it to your hard drive.

Next, right-click the downloaded driver's .exe file and choose Run as Administrator.

You'll be offered a quick install and a custom install so choose the custom option.

The installer will uninstall the VGA adapter driver and clean install the GTX 560 driver.

When it's done reboot your computer and you should be good to go,

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/210997-device-manager-showing-standard-vga-graphics-adapter-after-restore.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everyone nbsp nbsp I recently purchased a PNY Geforce GT GB video card for my HP Pavilion p I upgraded the power supply to w to make sure I could handle it but I seem to be running into an issue and I am approaching this forum to confirm what I've researched and see if the options I've identified will help any nbsp A brief summary of my story so far nbsp My brother and I are trying to play the elder scrolls online The system requirements are nbsp http www geforce com games-applications pc-games elder-scrolls-online system-requirements nbsp So I thought that I would go buy a boot preventing up? card graphics version Bios graphics card at best buy that would work So I bought the PNY GeForce GT and then when Bios version preventing graphics card boot up? I thought the wasn t working because of the slot size which is dumb now in retrospect I think nbsp http www bestbuy com site pny-nvidia-geforce-gt- - gb-ddr -pci-express- - -graphics-card-black nbsp But to no avail my computer boots up and then stalls at the hp screen before beeping at me We read it has something to do with the Bios setting but we tried to find the display adapter closest we came was bus settings and eventually we came across this topic in the hp support forum which makes me think im screwed with that particular card nbsp http h www hp com t Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions PNY-NVIDIA-GeForce-GT- - GB-DD nbsp The guy on the forum gave the other guy some options but I have no idea if it ll work since he has a different computer Right now the leading candidate is the Asus radeon hd GB found at the below link nbsp http www microcenter com product Radeon HD Low Profile GB DDR PCIe x Video Card nbsp I know it s cheap but I don t even care my question is will it work at all or will I just have the same result nbsp If anyone can help that would be great if not I understand Thanks nbsp Nate nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Bios-version-preventing-graphics-card-boot-up/td-p/5673652
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi. I recently bought this game off of Amazon. It installed okay, but when I go to play it it says something like it needs a video card that supports TnL. How do I find out if my video card supports this? All I know is that it is some crappy Intel thing that came with my computer, and it is an old PCI port, not a PCI-E port.
If my graphics card doesn't have it, is there anywhere I could get an old graphics card that does?
Thanks.

- Bowshi -

A:No One Lives Forever 2 - PC Version. Problem with graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-one-lives-forever-2-pc-version-problem-with-graphics-card.523587/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

On a fresh clean Windows 8 image, my software driver (signed) installs fine and shows up properly in the Device Manager. However once i uninstall it , subsequent reinstalls show up as 'Unknown Device' in the Device Manager.

From the device details, I find that it refers to /looks for the .inf file in c:\windows\inf folder but the file itself is missing from the location. The FileRepository has all the required files. But trying to update from there also fails.

Could anyone help me with troubleshooting this problem. What could be going wrong.

Thx,
Gita

A:Device manager shows "Unknown Device" on reinstallation of driver

Please fill your system specs to get help efficiently.
What is your computer make/model?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9796-device-manager-shows-unknown-device-reinstallation-driver.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay I recently installed a new video card. When I installed it I had to move a USB PCI card to the bottom PCI slot. I reformatted the hard drive and reintalled windows. When I look in device manager there is a yellow exclamation point next to SCSI and RAID Controllers----Nvidia NForce(tm) ATA RAID Class Device. Under the properties it says that the location is unknown and "the device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers for this device." The driver version is 5.10.2600.446. I have never had any exclamation points in my device manager before. Any ideas of how to get rid of this thing????

A:Driver issues in Device Manager

If you are not running a RAID array, disable RAID in the BIOS and it should disappear from the Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-issues-in-device-manager.49492/
Relevancy 63.21%

So recently I've been receiving driver issues with my PC. I'd be working in FL Studio 12 while in a Skype call with my friends, then all of the sudden the whole entire PC freezes. So, to get a better idea on what's going on I went to the Device Manager, since I figured it might be a driver malfunction. I spot under "Other Devices" some suspicious looking drivers that I do not recognize. I think it might be an ASIO Audio driver that was installed with FL Studio 12, but I am not sure. Here is some more details:  This is details and value of the drivers.--This is general information about the drivers.  In addition, these drivers aren't digitally signed. There's no dates on when it was signed, and the signer is unknown. 

~Techy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-Driver-In-Device-Manager/td-p/5658682
Relevancy 63.21%
Relevancy 63.21%

I have some problem with my Amd Driver, I cant install that driver on my laptop and the amd device not showing in device manager, please help me!

A:AMD driver not detected in device manager

The AMD graphics device will only be seen in the Device Manager if the AMD graphics is active. Otherwise you will only see the Intel HD Video solution. Why are you trying to upgrade the driver?If you want the switchable graphics to continue working, then definitely do not try upgrading with a driver directly from AMD. Only use the HP supplied AMD video graphics software driver from the support portal driver downloads for the appropriate OS.   The HP driver software has been modified by HP to provide switchable graphics. It also contains the Intel driver. Do not install them seperately.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/AMD-driver-not-detected-in-device-manager/td-p/5744515
Relevancy 63.21%

So, I was working in a digital audio workstation while in a Skype call with my friend, and all of the sudden the PC just freezes. I tried to speak, but he couldn't hear me. So, I figured that an audio driver installed with the DAW might've contributed to the problem. I went to the Device Manager and saw two unknown devices in the "Other" category. Yet, I don't know what they are. There's really not so many details or information about the two drivers. There's no manufacturer names, descriptions on what they do, and even more suspiciously, they aren't digitally signed. However, there is interesting values they're set as.  One is ROOT\MEDIA\0001, and the other one is ROOT\MEDIA\0002.  In addition, they don't have the necessary drivers, as I googled "Error 28". In addition, I think these drivers are the culprit of my OS malfunctioning.

~Techy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-Driver-In-Device-Manager/td-p/5659095
Relevancy 63.21%

Please do help guys! In my laptop, from today morning wi-fi isn't up and in the device manager the driver is not showing up. Only ethernet driver is showing under Network adapters. I have downloaded the latest Broadcom 802.11 bgn wifi driver, but when it get near to the finishing time, installation wizard force closes. Any help guys? Please! Thank You!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wi-Fi-driver-is-not-detecting-in-the-device-manager/td-p/5769857
Relevancy 63.21%

Hardware id for the driver: ACPI\VEN_ASD&DEV_0001ACPI\ASD0001*ASD0001

A:missing driver in device manager

Hi, Please download the folliwing file      http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/attachments/psg/Hardware/196429/1/AMD%20ASD%20WB64A.zip Unzip it to a folder and run AmdAS4.msi file Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/missing-driver-in-device-manager/td-p/5717503
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm not very good with computers, so if it's a stupid question please forgive me!
Anyway, my windows XP laptop's graphic card is ati-radeon7000, and I was wondering if it can be updated (without having to buy a new graphics card, because I'm broke). So I downloaded the ati radeon9250, and both 7000 and 9250 are from the version 6.11. So can it be done?

A:Can A Graphics Card That Supports Ati Radeon7000, Support Ati Radeon9250? (since Both Are From The 6.11 Version?)

What you are downloading and installing is the drivers for ATI video cards. A driver is basically software that tells a piece of hardware how to work. It has basic and advanced instructions telling it how to perform certain functions. ATI video cards all use the same driver, so really what you are doing is just updating the software that tells your video card how to work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96765/can-a-graphics-card-that-supports-ati-radeon7000-support-ati-radeon9250-since-both-are-from-the-611-version/
Relevancy 62.78%

Guys I messed up real bad... I saved up money for a year to buy this laptop and finally yesterday ordered it in ebay, and afterwards going through the details I noticed it didn't say that it had the gtx 960m video card but rather intel HD graphics built in. The price is the same as the other versions of the laptop with the gtx on eBay and I just happened to be a complete moron not checking twice as I should've and order this particular version http://www.ebay.com/itm/272181768757?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
My question is does it even exist? Dell 7559 without the gtx 960m? It's the same price as the ones with the gtx video card.
I don't even know what to do...

A:Is there a version of the Dell inspiron 7559 without the gtx 960m graphics card?

When you are buying from online Market, you have to double check you are getting an functional complete legit products, and read reviews from many sources before buying a specific products.
In your case, Dell Inspiron 15 7559 was an "Manufacture Refurbished" of returned Inspiron 15 to the factory according to the description.
Thus, read carefully next time, as refurbished are likely "tested" to function as intended. From the page on Ebay you have brought, it might have been a bad buy, so you got rip off for the wrong product if you did not get your refund. Ebay in my view is not too safe, it more of a trade market  versus places where you can buys computer officially. Thus this problem is between you and the seller.

PS: Yeah most I15 7559 model should have Geforce 960M graphic as detail here >http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC<.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681709
Relevancy 62.35%

I just put together a new system and everything seems to be working fine except for my video card It doesn t seem to want to come up in device manager I get no video from it at all when I plug in a Not Manager Video Device Card In monitor It s a HIS Radeon HD I thought the first one I got was DOA because it just didn t want to detect no matter what I did so I returned it and got another with the same problem This tells me that something else Video Card Not In Device Manager is wrong I thought it could have Video Card Not In Device Manager been the Video Card Not In Device Manager PCI-E slot on my Asus M A TD-V EVO motherboard but I tried an older video card ATI X and it gave me video just fine without even any drivers installed I ve already tried a lot of other possible solutions mentioned for other video card problems such as installing latest drivers updating my motherboard bios installing other motherboard updates uninstalling the onboard video and trying to install new drivers - nothing seems to get it to detect this card So since I don t know where to go from here I had to post a new thread and see what other options I have My other specs if they are helpful Vista -bit Home Edition AMD Phenom II Black Edition Raidmax W Hybrid PSU Corsair XMS DHX GB x nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I am troubleshooting a Sony Vaio running XP on which the wireless network card was accidentally deleted. I have successfully regained wireless connection via a Belkin USB wireless adaptor, but how can I get the wireless NIC card to work again? It doesn't appear in Device Manager (see attached screen shot). Would it help to uninstall and reinstall the card? Thanks for any advice.

Relevancy 62.35%

Sorry for starting another one of these threads guys but I've read through ALL the others and the fixes offered up there just simply aren't working for me When I boot up it does not recognize my video card and turns on the onboard graphics If I disconnect from onboard and boot from the card only in found not Card Manager Device the screen never comes out of sleep mode Nothing in my device manager and no yellow exclamations etc except the onboard Here's my setup Windows Home Premium -Bit Asus M N-HT Deluxe MB w onboard graphics PNY GT Graphics Card AMD Phenom II I have gone through all the BIOS settings to make sure the primary video is set to PCI-E and that the onboard is disabled auto After the initial boot and it not working I updated Mobo Bios and Chipset No go I then upgraded to the latest Nvidia driver set for the card from the installed version that came on the CD with the card no go I found though that the INF file in the newest driver didn't contain the right DEV settings so I cleaned all drivers using DriverSweeper and then re-installed using a modified INF file still no go I also tried an older driver set that does have the Card not found in Device Manager right DEV list still nothing I have an older ATI card that works Card not found in Device Manager in this setup no problem so I know it's not the BIOS or Mobo and this Nvidia card works fine on my other Intel setup so the card is not bad either Lastly I resorted to Card not found in Device Manager calling the tech support for both ASUS and PNY which yielded drumroll nothing So I turn to the experts HELP I have tried everything I could dig up over the past days on this and many other forums and nothing seems to be working I appreciate the help thanks Device Manager and DxDiag in case it helps

A:Card not found in Device Manager

Hate to say it, but it sounds like you have a bad video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/57894-card-not-found-device-manager.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My computer a Gateway I got new Feb came with an AGP NVidia card and Windows SE I added two more monitors with no problems - each monitor was connected to a separate video card The main monitor extra Device manager driver in NVidia was connected to the NVidia the second monitor to a Voodoo PCI card and the third to a Trident PCI card In June I upgraded to Windows Professional at the finish of which my third monitor wouldn t work because as I learned later the Trident card has no Windows drivers When I disconnected the third monitor and extra NVidia driver in Device manager removed the Trident card extra NVidia driver in Device manager however my computer wouldn t boot up when I put the Trident card and third monitor back the computer worked again So I left it like that with two monitors working for several months while I shopped for another video card I did not notice until later that Device Driver listed Other Devices with a mystery PCI Device When I removed it and rebooted it reappeared in Device Manager and the wizard to install new hardware would automatically start and install it whatever it was So I just left it there for a few months extra NVidia driver in Device manager since everything else on the computer seemed to work OK When I found a video card that was advertised to work in multiple-monitor setups ATI Radeon I followed all the instructions to install it but my computer wouldn t finish the startup process when I tried to reboot I tried all sorts of things in Safe Mode finally uninstalled the Radeon card and its software and also the Voodoo card and software and the second monitor but the computer would still not reboot the startup progress bar would always get stuck at the same place as before I had not even one monitor working Someone in helping me discovered that there were no monitors listed in Device Manager so he said maybe the mystery PCI device is my monitor So I ran the add new hardware wizard and directed Windows to the NVidia driver that Windows listed even though the NVidia card is an AGP card That got my computer to reboot normally with one monitor working again but in Device Manager there are two NVidia drivers listed one with a I removed it and shut down But it wouldn t start up again Got into Safe Mode the mystery PCI device was back and there was no Monitors listing Again I ran the Add New Hardware Wizard and directed Windows to the NVidia driver Restarted normally Got latest update from NVidia website and installed it successfully But the extra NVidia driver with is back also Whenever I try to remove it my computer won t boot up normally and I have to go into Safe Mode where the mystery PCI device reappears so I let Windows reinstall the NVidia driver all over again Under the Monitors listing is Plug and Play Monitor When everything was working properly in Win each of my monitors was listed by name So something in my system wants to keep that old NVidia driver that originally came with my computer All I want to do at this point is remove that old driver without messing up my computer again When I can get Device Manager to list only one NVidia display adapter then I ll start over in adding the other two monitors and cards In System Information Components Problem Devices there is this listing Device NVidia Riva TNT Model PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV amp AAA amp amp FB Error Code I ve been puzzling and consulting over this problem for months Your help will be extremely appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:extra NVidia driver in Device manager

I know it's been a year, but I just got it fixed last week. I went to a Microsoft-certified computer guy that just recently opened business locally. I had an unrelated problem for him, but I asked him to check out the extra video driver problem while he was at it. He fixed it, said it was probably something to do with my upgrading from 98 to 2000 - 2000 recognized something that 98 didn't. He did a chipset update (I think that's what he said). I don't know what else he did, but it's fixed now. No mystery device and no extra video driver in Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-nvidia-driver-in-device-manager.183489/
Relevancy 62.35%

the unknown device shows an yellow errorim not able to update the drivermy laptop is hp pavilion 15 notebook serieswindows 8

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/update-driver-error-in-device-manager/td-p/5747688
Relevancy 62.35%

My parents bought a bluetooth Dongle and I tried installing it, but after I installed the CD that came with it I saw that I don't have the option when I right click a file "Send To" -> "Bluetooth", so I went googling and couldn't find anything.

Everywhere I go it says it should come with windows xp sp2 and I have windows xp Home sp3(upgraded for sp2).

so what's the problem?

please help, thanks.

Relevancy 62.35%

I'm having some driver issues lately mainly with my mouse Device Driver Issue/Cleanup Manager and keyboard My Razer Synapse Device Manager Driver Issue/Cleanup Configurator is not detecting my Black Widow Keyboard and when I look at the device manager it shows up as a Mice Also my Steelseries Sensei keeps giving me errors when I try to load the steelseries engine saying that it failed to initialize and I should reinstall the drivers This is really annoying and everytime I restart the computer I have to re-install the drivers I'm not sure if my device manager Device Manager Driver Issue/Cleanup is supposed to look like this since it seems like there is a lot of unnecessary junk and I'm not sure which ones I need to keep and which to uninstall I have a suspicion that it is due to the fact that everytime I have to make hardware changes to the inside of my PC I need to unplug my mouse keyboard and when I put my PC back together I don't remember the exact USB port where I plug my mouse and keyboard so it re-installs the drivers in a different USB port due to plug-and play I've done this so many times everytime I have to make an upgrade to my PC that I think the drivers might be conflicting and detecting my keyboard as a mouse Any recommendations on how to clean this up or fix this problem Thanks

A:Device Manager Driver Issue/Cleanup

The Device Manager will only show devices that are installed on the computer. There is no unnecessary junk. The keyboard will be listed in the Device Manager as an HID Keyboard. If you are having problems, download an updated driver from their site. If that fails, contact their support team. in the link below.
Razer Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/device-manager-driver-issue-cleanup-693566.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Just looking for information on this. I'm trying to locate my S6 on my computer so I can find it's Com number, however the guide I've read says I need to find my phone underneath the Modems tab in Device Manager. However, I do not have that, nor can I find the phone anywhere else.

I believe it's possible I may not have the driver installed, but to be quite honest, I'm not sure.

I'm running Windows 7 on a dell 780 optiplex. Any more information I should be able to provide.

Also my Skype (If this is allowed to use) is [email protected] for anyone that can provide more service if being here doesn't help

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/399695-no-modems-tab-device-manager-no-driver-installed.html
Relevancy 62.35%

The number of drivers available from the official Acer driver download page for my computer the 6930G, is quite limited so, for instance, to get the latest Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN driver I downloaded and installed the latest generic Proset Wireless version for Windows 7, 18.40.0 from Intel's site. However, the 5100 AGN driver version in device manager has not changed, and is still 12.4.1.4, but according to Intel, Proset wireless version 18.4.0 should update this to 14.3.2.1

When I update drivers from Acer's official page the device manager shows the newer versions.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/395084-device-manager-still-showing-old-driver-despite-update.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello All,

I installed my fresh Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bits (build 9600), on my Acer V3-571G laptop.
Only I have a little problem.

When I go to device manager, and I want uninstall this driver.

--> Imaging devices
--> and Bluetooth,

When I Disable and Uninstall them, then, it's seems te drivers are gone!
But when I restarts mine Laptop, the Imaging devices and bluetooth, comes back?

Why is that? How I can complete remove that?
In the standard Windows 8 (not 8.1) that was possible? But 8.1?

Manny thanks..

Relevancy 62.35%

A month ago I began to have problems retrieving images from a memory card via the Sony universal card reader for my digital camera When I plug it into a USB port a message pops up How Manager tame problem? and USB Device to driver saying it needs to install RealTek software before I can use the card reader then it can't find the software There has never been any RealTek device or software installed or used on this PC Nothing at the Sony support site How to tame Device Manager and USB driver problem? was any help They insist the card reader only uses standard Windows drivers Yes I have the latest Intel BIOS And Windows Updates When I look in the Device Manager for possible reasons for the card reader problem I see a yellow circle and exclamation symbol next to the entry for the Universal Serial USB Controller If I try to run the latest Intel INF driver updater it tells me the software on my PC is newer If I try to re-install the driver via Device Manager I get Cannot install this Hardware -- An error occurred during the installation of the device The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry This may be because the INF was written for Windows or later I did a lot of Googling on the Web and found a number of possible ways to diagnose fix this including several Microsoft tech advice pages None worked One person suggested I get a new card reader which won't help as long as something is wrong with the serial USB controller in the Device Manager right Any tips

A:How to tame Device Manager and USB driver problem?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click in the Reply to Topic box, then right click and then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506429/how-to-tame-device-manager-and-usb-driver-problem/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys it seems that I don't have a tcpip driver installed on device manager and yet in my wireless connection properties it is installed. I do have a windows XP CD and I'm hoping that you can guide me that way. Thank you and please help.

A:TCPIP driver missing from Device Manager?

TCP/IP Protocol Driver should be under the Non Plug and Play devices. First you have to choose Show hidden devices in Device Manager, from the View menu.
Anyway, if everything, including your internet is working fine, then don't touch anything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tcpip-driver-missing-from-device-manager.178706/
Relevancy 62.35%

The Slimtype DVD drive is not working on my Dell inspiron E1405 laptop. When I opened up the device manager there's a yellow exclamation point. I installed CDgone and then it worked again, but I ended up messing up the registry. Now the volume icon doesn't show in my taskbar. iTunes also got messed up telling me to reinstall. So rather than go any further, I did a restore point so now the disk drive isn't working again. Not sure where to go from here.

Relevancy 62.35%

the unknown device shows an yellow errorim not able to update the drivermy laptop is hp pavilion 15 notebook serieswindows 8

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/update-driver-error-in-device-manager/td-p/5747688
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Lenovo Z laptop I had the in Showing Manager Device Driver Not Touchpad Alps touchpad driver installed from the Lenovo's driver page Drivers and software - IdeaPad Z Notebook however I noticed multiple times that the driver would stop working and the touchpad would not be useable I took me a while to notice because I always use a USB mouse instead of the touchpad mouse To fix the install instead of reinstalling the driver from leonvo's website I first Uninstalled the driver from the Device Manager and I also selected the option quot Delete the driver software for this device quot After restart Windows didn't reinstall the generic driver nor was I seeing any error in the Device Manger My Touchpad Driver Not Showing in Device Manager touchpad driver is not showing up at all I reinstalled the driver from Lenovo's page It says quot installed successfully quot however after reboot the driver is still not present The touchpad driver is not showing in the device manager at all What do I do

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45037-touchpad-driver-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello st time driver correct How Device Manager errors i in do my these poster on the website The last week I have been trying to clean up my Toshiba laptop and make it a little faster I know but I thought I was clever enough to So after running various utilities and apps and reading through your forums with things How do i correct these driver errors in my Device Manager related to my efforts and learning about things like event viewer system information resource health report etc here are most of my issues with a few screen captures to view ISSUE I found in my Device Manager some quot other device quot drivers had errors -SM Bus Controller -Universal Serial Bus USB Controller -USB -CRW Five of the screen captures relate to these driver errors I'm asking for help identifying these drivers as necessary and how I can restore or How do i correct these driver errors in my Device Manager update them and if they're not necessary how I can delete disable them issue As I said I've been trying to learn how to tweak my Laptop I'm not sure if I caused this next one within the last few days I started getting quot not all networks found quot error after Windows starts It refers to the quot Z quot drive with a string USBSTORAGE EPSON C which is related to last screen captures brief history I've been researching tweaking boot up and improving my pc maintenance How do i correct these driver errors in my Device Manager I have a little experience but I'd never be mistaken for an IT expert so I cleaned up my quot msconfig quot startup programs disabling my Epson status monitors Downloaded free version of System Mechanic Iolo amp ran it downloaded Autoruns Sysinternals and ran that ran Ccleaner Malwarebytes AVG and even Trend Micro Housecall free online to clean up my Laptop So any help with this Z drive issue is appreciated ways to restore disable ISSUE This is related more to my recent self education as I briefly explained than to the above mentioned driver issues and maybe I should post on another area of the forum but I thought if any experts can help with the driver issues they may share opinions As stated above I downloaded Autoruns Sysinternals System Mechanic Iolo Windows Repair All-in-one from Tweaking com CPU-Z and Simple System Tweaker from Tweaking com I tried to be diligent and thorough researching the credibility and usefulness of these programs Autoruns and System Mechanic have been pretty good but I'm still learning CPU-Z is pretty simple and convenient I ran Tweaking com Windows repair and it made some changes and fixed some stuff not sure if it made much difference Haven't tried Simple System Tweaker yet What are your opinions of these freeware programs just want to make my simple laptop efficient nd quick as possible booting and processing Thx Vid

A:How do i correct these driver errors in my Device Manager

Regarding issue 1, install the chipset drivers from your computer manufacturers web site.

I personally do not recommend using tune-up or tweaking tools.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/362459-how-do-i-correct-these-driver-errors-my-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I play a game called Runescape Runescape just recently updated their game client Upon nbsp starting their new client I get this message nbsp warning Your graphics card drivers are over months old Please consider updating your drivers to receive nbsp the optimal experience playing Runescape Click the button below to be taken to the manufacturer s website nbsp I click on update the drivers Which then takes me to Intel Driver Update Utility I start the scan and the results are there are no new updates nbsp I have chatted with intell and they have stated all their drivers on my system are up to date They suggested i contact Dell nbsp Moving on Runescape posted this tid bit of information for those of us whom have the message i mentioned above Their words and all are posted as follows Mod AwesomeJagex ModeratorForum Profile Posts by userRead this if you are having trouble running NXT and are unable to update your Intel drivers and have already followed the instructions in the quot Ready for NXT-Drivers quot thread This post will only be useful for people that use Intel graphics as their to graphics from to a card is if there newer one update Unable 5/2015 version Inspiron main graphics device If your computer has two then this is not recommended as the other device will likely be your main GPU for gaming Inspiron Unable to update graphics card from 5/2015 to a newer version if there is one Also the issues this is most likely to fix would be graphical corruption and other graphics issues It is not likely to help with caching loading sound issues Inspiron Unable to update graphics card from 5/2015 to a newer version if there is one etc It has come to our attention that some people with Intel integrated GPUs are having trouble updating to the latest Intel drivers The symptoms are that you are told your graphics drivers are out of date but when you try to update them Inspiron Unable to update graphics card from 5/2015 to a newer version if there is one you are told there are no newer ones to update to This appears to be happening because Intel allows some computer system manufacturers to ship PCs with altered versions of the official drivers The purpose of this is to allow them to add extra features but unfortunately the manufacturers do not always go to the effort to keep their drivers in sync with the latest Intel ones so they drift out of date and do not get the latest updates There is a solution to this and that is to uninstall the manufacturers drivers and install the official ones There are instructions on how to do this here http www intel com content www us en support graphics-drivers htmlNote however that doing this is at your own risk Intel say you quot risk losing functionality and causing other technical issues quot and it s very hard to predict what these will be if any Most likely if your PC manufacturer has added any extra features you will lose these The benefit is that you should be able to update to the latest drivers and get the latest fixes and updates from Intel If this works for you please let us know as it could be helpful for other people with the same problem Thanks Can you please assist me in getting my graphics up to date nbsp Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19796156
Relevancy 61.92%

(I have a Compaq Presario f700 laptop running Windows Vista)
The following error occurs when trying to play a game like (Sniper Elite) on my laptop

unable to launch direct3d a compatible graphics card or driver could not be detected

I first saw this error after updating my nvidia drivers (I have tried to re-install my drivers numerous times)
Others errors of note are; only one monitor is shown in the display settings with highest resolution 1024x768 (my monitor is capable of better), My computer is unable to enter sleep mode (the Sleep action appears clear and cannot be selected). And Mp4 videos are extremely pixelated and can barely play.

It looks like the computer does not recognize what graphics driver is installed. My computer is old (about 6-7 years) but I could do all of things listed above before this problem occurred.

A:Graphics device driver issues

Have you tried rolling back to the older drivers that were working OK? I'm dubious that there is anything to be gained by installing the latest drivers on a really old system. You've had a lot of use out of this machine so if the graphics are shot maybe it's time to look for a new laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-device-driver-issues.208500/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Sony Vaio PCVRS530G. There is something wrong with the ATI graphics driver - my system freezes and then goes to the safe mode screen. One error message I get says "this problem was caused by ATI Graphics Driver. This problem was created by ATI Technologies, Inc. ATI Technologies does not currently have a solution for the problem. Another error message I get is: Technical Information Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

I have tried following the recommendations to uninstall the driver and get a new one - that didn't work so I did a system restore and then went to the Sony site and downloaded a possible fix but that didn't work either.

I don't know what else to do.

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a 64 GB USB flash drive that is not recognized on the USB 3.0 ports but is on the USB 2.0. I have 2 USB 3.0 external drives that work fine on those ports. When it is plugged in the light flashes but doesn't install the drivers.

Wondering if the thread title might be the problem?

Thanks, Ken

A:Device Manager - Other Devices USB Controller driver not installed

Hello Rocky I am assuming you have done the drivers for those ports but if not download them again

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%2...load&os=Win764

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/296885-device-manager-other-devices-usb-controller-driver-not-installed.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My laptop has Windows XP Home Edition, SP3, 32-bit and I found this driver in the Device Manager, Wdf01000.sys File Version: 1.9.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255). Should it be on my laptop? If not, how do I get rid of it?

A:Windows 7 Driver found in Device Manager on a XP Machine!?!

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Just leave it. It can't do any harm. Plus just because it's labeled as "win7" doesn't mean its a Windows 7 driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-7-driver-found-in-device-manager-on-a-xp-machine-697273.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I found out this really cool hack and there is a way to hack any of my How to hack driver support Device Manager? my hardware a do my I in drivers in my Device Manager I would really like to try this out but I have to make an Inf file in order to do this But I am not sure at all on how to do this because this is complicated stuff I also think that I have to go into my Registry editor and edit some changes there Because I found this hack from this website Here I will give you the link it's here The obsessions of an electronics freak How To Hack a driver to support your hardware That is the link right there So I read this web page very well but I couldn't understand on how to do this process at all So can you please help How do I hack a driver to support my hardware in my Device Manager? me figure How do I hack a driver to support my hardware in my Device Manager? out on how to do this Because I really want to see how cool this will work Well anyway check out that web page that I gave you because it's a pretty interesting article I must say And also don't forget to get back to me as soon as possible when you can Because I really would like to know much more about this important stuff And I also would like to know on how to make an Inf file Information system file that is So I will be waiting for my response from you very soon as possible So thank you very much now

A:How do I hack a driver to support my hardware in my Device Manager?

First off, I would strongly suggest that you back up any files that you plan on editing. Perhaps create a system restore point as well.

I took a quick glance at the site you linked, and it looks like you just have to edit the .inf file in question. If that is the case, you can just edit it with Wordpad or Notepad.

Why don't you give the process a try and let us know how it works out. Feel free to post back with most specific questions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-hack-a-driver-to-support-my-hardware-in-my-device-manager-560213.html
Relevancy 61.92%

i don't know what happened, but the Nvidia card is not seen by the system, at all!
i tried a new driver from both Nvidia and Dell, the install could not detect the hardware
it still has "optimus" setting in the bios, enabled;  i tried turning that off and there was only black screen when i rebooted!   i fixed that part by removing the CMOS battery for a minute.
any help here?   i also tried an older BIOS, because i already have A17 the latest.
so now i have only the intel HD4000 graphics from the cpu.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19978155
Relevancy 61.92%

This is a very small portion of a very long story The long story is BSOD reported as problems with atikmpag sys but lets not get into that The point of this post is in an attempt to remedy the above I went into device manager and removed completely the device driver for ATI series It has rolled back to VGA driver and certain applications will not run Clicking on update drivers quot search on line quot gives me back quot no updates found quot or whatever the correct phrasing of that is it need manager Display back driver Device in Deleted So the question is how do I get back the win ATI series driver I would like to do this with out having to resort to a system restore but I will if necessary Kept this brief but if anything else needed please let me know Oh and I'm on win bit I am sure this info will be somewhere in this Deleted Display driver in Device manager need it back forum but I can not find Deleted Display driver in Device manager need it back it hence the post I hope it is not something as simple as scan for hardware changes and then update drivers because it just occurred to me that I did not try that I do not have Deleted Display driver in Device manager need it back access to that PC just now Any and all help appreciated cheers

A:Deleted Display driver in Device manager need it back

Quote: Originally Posted by OriginalMcBlood

I hope it is not something as simple as scan for hardware changes and then update drivers because it just occurred to me that I did not try that

Hi,

It could very well be just as you stated above - first port of call is to perform a Windows Update, which will attempt to download and install a Microsoft-signed driver for your display card.

Try that, and let us know what happens.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/277452-deleted-display-driver-device-manager-need-back.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi. I've been trying to instal the Prolific 2303 driver into my USB_Serial port (Com4) without success.

I am using a Samsung RV510 laptop running W7.

I bought a USB-Serial cable and plugged it in to a spare USB port. W7 went off and downloaded and installed a driver from MS. This installed correctly and in the device manager under Ports/Com & LPT it shows as 'USB-Serial CH340 (Com4)'

But the port doesnt work

Searching the net it looks as if the driver should be the Prolific 2303 driver. So I uninstalled and deleted the MS driver, rebooted and installed the Prolific 2303 driver. But in device manager it still shows as 'USB-Serial CH340 (Com4)' - the deleted driver.

What am I doing wrong. In all the examples I can find on the net the driver shows in device manager as 'Prolific 2303 (com4)??

Thanks

A:Prolific driver title not showing in device manager.

I am using a Prolific USB/RS232C adapter on Win 7. It works fine. Here is the driver I'm using.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/390880-prolific-driver-title-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

Today I reinstalled Windows 7 on my Novatech nSpire Pro 2430 because it was sluggish and I wanted to have a clean slate.

I, however, now can not connect to the internet. Device manager isn't showing my Network Card, or even my graphics card for that matter (GEFORCE GT540M). I've tried using Speccy to find it, but no luck.

Also, when I've tried to install the nvidia driver for my card, it says that I need to install some Intel Drivers and can't get onto the Intel website on the laptop to find out what driver it needs.

Any help?

Thanks, Will

A:Driver/Device Manager Problem after re-installing Windows 7

Its always advisable that before doing a clean install, you need to collect all the drivers for your laptop.
You can find all the drivers from your manufacture's site. At this point go to an internet center or to your friend's house and download all the drivers. http://www.rapidenumerique.frhttp://www.rapidesaisie.fr : http://www.saisiededonnees-idf.frhttp://www.saisiededocuments-idf.fr
http://www.archivagenumerique-idf.frhttp://www.saisie2documents.fr : http://www.saisiedetexte.frhttp://www.saisiedequestionnaires.fr

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/233107-driver-device-manager-problem-after-re-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

where is my video card located in device manager.......i need to update it......i have windows xp...HELP

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,
I am having trouble with a linksys pcmcia ethernet card for my laptop. I think i installed the wrong drivers, as now the device wont work when i plug it in (the lights turn on and then immediately turn off). I'm running xp with sp1 installed and was wondering how i can uninstall the bad drivers, as the device doesn't show in the device manager. Do i have to do the repair function off the xp cd? ANy help is appreciated

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a FX 5200 Nvidia PCI graphic card and just recently, the display for it disappeared from the Device manager. I tried to reinstall it but i get a Code 10 Error, and i do the instructions what I get from windows. When that didn't help, i tried to change the BIOS at startup. When I try to change the BIOS to the PCI, the video card changes back to the Integrated one, even after i uninstall a/or disable the Integrated one. And while looking at the Device manager, it shows that the Nvidia Card is gone. I have the latest forceware for the card on my computer. Its been 6 days of using all the knowledge that I have, and I'm stumped. I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this.

-I apperciate and thank anyone who can help me

-Windows XP

A:Graphic Card dissapears from Device Manager

If it were me, I'd do the following:
---------------------------------------
Uninstall EVERYTHING video related: Drivers, card, etc.
Use a registry cleaner to remove as many of nVidia's entries as possible
Enable on board video in the BIOS
Save and Restart
Let Windows install new drivers for on board (if applicable)
Restart
Shut down
Reinstall card
Boot up to BIOS and disable on board video
Save and Restart
Do NOT allow Windows to install ANYTHING for your new card, but Cancel out of the wizards
Install latest drivers
Reboot

The only set of steps I might add to that would be to uninstall the on board video drivers as they might interfere.

Be sure to turn off virus detection and anything that might impede installation of those drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-dissapears-from-device-manager.610494/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, I have an HP dv5215 laptop. My mom tried to reformat it because it crashed about a month ago. It is restored, but the wireless internet doesn't work. When I press the button for wireless the light doesn't come on. I reinstalled the driver, and i already checked that it is enabled in BIOS. The wireless assistant says it is disabled in the devise manager but when I go there I don't see the wireless card. Is it called something funny that I just don't recognize or is there a way to make it show up?

A:wireless card does not show up in device manager

sounds like the driver is not installed
It should be in Device manager under Network Adapters

do you have any ? ! or X anywhere in device manager ?

but when I go there I don't see the wireless card. Is it called something funny that I just don't recognize Click to expand...

post here exactly what it says

goto the HP support site, download and re-install the driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-does-not-show-up-in-device-manager.881738/
Relevancy 61.92%

New build with clean install of Vista Ultimate 64 Sp1 and the 4870x2 is not recognized by the device manager. Since it is not recognized I can not install any display drivers or CCC. Card is seated properly. Power supply is 1200 watt Xigmatek. Bios is the latest release 0408.
Please help,
Thanks.

A:Video card not recognized by device manager

Hi jczika and welcome to the forums

I have had a look at the manual for you motherboard because I thought that it might have something to do with on-board graphics - I discovered that this board doesn't have this feature. However, I found the following pertaining to graphics cards and CrossFire.

Check the orientation of the cards. Have you got the correct ones in the correct slots? Refer to your motherboard manual.
Sorry, but that is all that I could come up with. Perhaps someone who uses your particular motherboard (ASUS Rampage Formula) might be able to assist you further.
Dwarf

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/177579-video-card-not-recognized-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello My device manager does not recognize manager recognizing not device video card my video card gx under the display adapters menu The card is recognized as a device manager not recognizing video card VGA compatible video controller I am trying to figure out if the problem is due to a shot video card a malfunctioning pcie slot or something else I have attempted to install appropriate drivers both from evga's website and using the evga disk that came with the card but after a system restart the windows scrolling boot scene is followed by a blank black screen that has occasional shimmering lateral lines over it I attempted to update the BIOS for the board and this does not change the status of the video card in the device manager There is some error code in the device manager but I cannot read it The code in the device manager is PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS B DE amp REV A amp D C amp amp Prior to the installation of video card drivers the os is a clean install of xp professional with sp The motherboard is an asus p n sli se deluxe The psu has watts of output thanks much for any input

A:device manager not recognizing video card

Assuming you have put in the chipset drivers first, then that is rather odd. Maybe the video card is shot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-not-recognizing-video-card-489026.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, Please Help
Network card is missing from the device manager and there is no such thing like network adapters in the device manager.
Laptop is IBM T 21.
Someone told me to install motherboard chipset drivers and I do not know where to find them...

further, I installed network card drivers but nothing happend.

I can not connect to the internet using broard band. (ADSL)

Please Help

( I do not know whether network card existed or not, because I baught this second hand)

Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

I am trying to install a second monitor on my computer (Gateway GT5428). I have a Nvidea Geforce 8400 GS that is used as the default video card. I installed it years ago and can't remember how to get my video card that is integrated into the motherboard working again.

I have tried to find it in the device manager, but it is not listed. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.92%

Motherboard: M2N-SLI Deluxe
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition
Manufacturer: XFX
ISSUE:

I just bought a second XFX 260 same make and model which i am trying to set up in SLI mode. When hooking up the cards to the motherboard i have power to the cards and both fans do work on them. but the second card is not showing up in device manager and I am unable to get it seen. I have tested both cards by them selves and seen no issue with either card. I didnt know if there was a jumper or something in bios i needed to disable. I did check bios and was unable to find anything. I was wondering if any one has any other suggestions

A:Device Manager not showing 2nd SLI Video Card

Did you connect the SLI bridge between the two cards?

Make sure you are running the latest nVidia provided drivers for Windows 8: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/49948 as the nVidia Control Pabnel is where you need to enable SLI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-not-showing-2nd-sli-video-card.1080967/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running on Windows Vista SP A few days ago I suddenly could not access the internet from that laptop I checked the network working & not Card Device Manager Network connections and found that it Device Manager & Network Card not working could not detect the network although I could still use my other laptop to access the internet Thinking that it s a problem with the network card I decided to check the Device Manager only to find that it was not working I can access the device manager s main page seeing the list of all devices but I cannot do anything there Whenever I select a device and attempt to view its properties the device manager becomes unresponsive It doesn t hang but just refuses to show me any useful information Neither can I perform any action on the devices as well disable etc I have not encountered anything like this before and trawling the net doesnt seem to bring up any examples of people meeting this problem Can anyone Device Manager & Network Card not working here help please Oh by the way I just want to add that I don t reckon it s a malware issue coz all other signs of the laptop are fine like booting up running and CPU activity on task manager Any help much appreciated

A:Device Manager & Network Card not working

Did you try system restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387591/device-manager-network-card-not-working/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all My first post here and unfortunately I'm posting because I've stumbled right into not in Second Manager detected Device video card some technical issues with this fresh desktop build First off comp specs so Second video card not detected in Device Manager we know what we're dealing with MOBO ECS P H-A Black Edition CPU Intel i PSU BFG W Graphics Card POWERCOLOR AX two of them OS Vista Home Premium x I have everything hooked up properly and can verify both PCI-E slots are working and both video cards are working as I've tested them all separately I'm using the latest CCC and drivers available I initially hooked up just one card then loaded Windows and it detected it just fine so I installed the drivers Everything was just fine so I shut down and installed the second GPU and hooked it up and attached both Crossfire bridges to the two cards Nothing I have done since will cause the card to show up I tried removing the bridges and rebooting also to no avail Any help is appreciated and I can give more details if necessary just ask specifically please Thanks in advance I should note that the first card works like a charm but the second one is the card that will goes undetected

A:Second video card not detected in Device Manager

Are both cards detected individually if you only use them one at a time in the first slot?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/250588-second-video-card-not-detected-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.92%

WTF happened? ) Could someone help me please? I got a little confused by it.

A:Device manager showing up the wrong card.

I have gtx 770 but my device manager lists it as a gtx 660. How did this happen? I'm trying to update my GPU since I reinstalled it. Now this happened. What should I do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/355144-device-manager-showing-up-wrong-card.html
Relevancy 61.92%

HI
i just bought a new laptop (lenovo g500 freedos) and installed windows7 ultimate on it.
i installed the drivers from the cd that came with the laptop and everything works great...except for the graphic card...i cant find it on the device manager...the card is amd radeon hd 8750m...what can i do?
thank you

A:can't find my graphic card on the device manager

Welcome to Seven Forums GUY6421. Your laptop has switchable graphics. Between the intel HD 4000 and the discrete hd 8750m. It looks like the power plan determines what GPU(s) are listed:

Quote:
When in Energy Savings mode, only the low-power integrated graphics adapter will be listed in Device Manager. When in High-Performance mode, the integrated and discrete graphics adapter will be listed in Device Manager.

Laptop Support

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/308777-cant-find-my-graphic-card-device-manager.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My wlan card has been dodgy recently disconnecting and reconnecing but now does not work at all It is no longer shown in device manager I installed the drivers for it from the disc that came with it and ones from the internet but no luck from what I ve read online it says my laptop advent - ancient i know came with the Ralink RT USB Wireless It also keeps popping up quot this device can perform faster is you connect to a high speed Device Manager not shown card WLAN in port quot I took off the casing to have a look at it and I can t see any dodgy wires or connections unless its somewhere I can t see or get to I just took it out and put it back in but no luck I can still get on through wired LAN but live in shared accomodation and it s a bit inconvenient when I m trying to work Oh and there s no router problems as my phone and housemates laptops connect fine nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Everyone,

I have a Compaq Presario F553US running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit, I just installed a new copy of the OS so I know this is not virus related. I cannot get my wirless card to be detected in the device manager. I downloaded the drivers and HP Wirless Assistant and still nothing. So I thought maybe the wirless card was bad and replaced it with a new card. But still nothing, I even checked the BIOS to make sure that the wirless was enable and it was.

So now I have no idea was this suddenly stop working, the light on the front (next to the wireless switch) is an orange color instead of blue. Do anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Jim

A:Wirless Card Not lIsted in device manager

I've seen a number of laptops where the built-in wireless device stopped working and had to be replaced with an external USB wireless adapter. It sounds like you have the same problem.

-------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-card-not-listed-in-device-manager.1028142/
Relevancy 61.92%

My apologies if this is not the right forum I have a Toshiba Satellite C S with Windows Home Premium -bit The laptop comes with a Manager Device longer in showing no card LAN Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller LAN connection The LAN card worked LAN card no longer showing in Device Manager fine for about months and then suddenly stopped working last week Not only that it disappeared from Device Manager too I can connect to the Internet through wireless but prefer the ethernet connection Here s what I have done so far to try to solve the problem Run virus and rootkit scans - no problems found Downloaded the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller driver from the Toshiba website and tried to install it - the file unzips and begins to install and then just disappears like it can t find any device to install itself on Disabled and re-enabled the LAN card in BIOS Reset BIOS to factory settings Selected quot Show Hidden Devices quot in Device Manager selected the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller uninstalled and rebooted to see if the card would reinstall -- it didn t and now it doesn t even show up in Device Manager when I select quot Show Hidden Devices quot - I tried installing the driver again after this got same result as above Using NirSoft NetworkInterfacesView I can see the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller - it has a red light and the status is quot hardware disconnected quot I m beginning to think the card has either become physically disconnected or has gone bad Any help or advice will be much appreciated nbsp