Windows Support Forum

Monitoring user log in times

Q: Monitoring user log in times

hi all i'm new here so be patient and gentle pls.

my question is can i read a report or log file that will tell me how long users have been logged into my server. i run sbs2003 and have some users on remote access via vpn, does the monitoring on the system allow me to view log in times for each user and how long they are logged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-user-log-in-times.129887/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitoring user log in times

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 56.33%

Ive recently run into an issue at work where the files on my PC as well as several in user log monitoring other employees have had files go missing or being moved into different location and email being read and forwarded mysteriously The upper management seems to be of the belief that someone is logging into the accounts and reading some of the more sensitive information on the computers they are of the belief that it may be the IT department monitoring user log in since they have access to all the computers on an administrative level I was wondering if there was any software out there that would create a log of user log ins dates and times for the monitoring user log in log ins on the affected PC s If it could monitoring user log in record the actions that are being done that would be a plus but all we really need is proof that someone is loging in and how so we could lock them down and prevent it in the future I appreciate the help Sepias nbsp

A:monitoring user log in

There are logs of people logging in in the event viewer. It is at Start > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.

If you don't see Administrative Tools, then you need to right click on the Start button > Properties > Start menu customize. And enable "System Administrative Tasks" near the bottom of the scroll list. ( Mine is a Vista box, the wording might be a little different on XP )

Then you look for these Event IDs ( for Vista) :
4624,4636 for all logins.
4672 for admin logins

For XP, the Event IDs are :
528/540 for all login
576 for admin logins

However, if they are logging in as admins, they can erase the security log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring-user-log-in.784719/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am looking for Limited user monitoring software so i can check the statics result what Limited user was doing...

Im looking for software like Administrator spying on Limited user and what activity they are doing like Firefox, Settings, or anyelse because im decide to allow users to install their own program with Admin rights.

A:Limited User Monitoring Software?

CrazyComputerMan, Are you looking for free stuff?
http://www.sofotex.com/download/Security/Parental_Control/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-user-monitoring-software.748280/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I am looking for a tool/application that will be able to monitor the user's use of bandwidth on our network. Ideally, I would like something simple that might list all of the users on our network by IP or Host Name and the percent of bandwidth they use. I am running a Windows 2000 server machine with roughly 30 users.

I have been looking around for a week and cannot locate anything useful. I really really appreciate any help!

Cheers,
Allison

A:Network User Monitoring Tool help?

Do you use the server machine to share the internet connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-user-monitoring-tool-help.79440/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am the households administrator-I need to monitor my foster child's use of the computer. This is a safety issue.The account was originally set up by my other son but he set it up as an administrator rather than a limited user. I have changed the user account to a limited user, but I still cannot access the limited user account. I've been going into the C drive under documents and settings. Is there anyway to do this other than by resetting the password? Windows XP

A:Admin monitoring of limited user

Reset the child's password via your account...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-monitoring-of-limited-user-266346.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi all. I am getting several errors with bood performance and shutdown performance monitoring issues. I was wondering if anyone knows what the errors are and how to fix them.

they are errors:
They are in order from most recent to not so recent. They are all warnings(most of these are warnings), errors, and i think 2 criticals. the bottom of the list started the 15th. the top is today-the 29th. i have updated everything i can think of, and i really think these may help lead me to some boot up problems i have been having.
Btw- did a clean install of win7 64x the 15th. VERY FEW programs installed. ALL updates current. no games. just basic stuff like adobe etc.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

A:boot performanc monitoring and shutdown performance monitoring issues

Quote: Originally Posted by allen1979

hi all. I am getting several errors with bood performance and shutdown performance monitoring issues. I was wondering if anyone knows what the errors are and how to fix them.

they are errors:
They are in order from most recent to not so recent. They are all warnings(most of these are warnings), errors, and i think 2 criticals. the bottom of the list started the 15th. the top is today-the 29th. i have updated everything i can think of, and i really think these may help lead me to some boot up problems i have been having.
Btw- did a clean install of win7 64x the 15th. VERY FEW programs installed. ALL updates current. no games. just basic stuff like adobe etc.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Is your boot up slow? Don't pay attention to these unless you notice that your computer isn't performing well or is crashing etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/227170-boot-performanc-monitoring-shutdown-performance-monitoring-issues.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hello to everybody,
almost every time i managed to find a solution on internet, but this time!?
i have put ssd mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb with new firmware in my asus.
i have msdn versions of both windows and office 2013, other free software without viruses.
when i try to fresh install win 8 everything is going good.
i do some tweaks (disable indexing, shrink system protection and page file and put firefox cache on the ram).
and computer works fine until some times. i noticed then that suddenly when i download some programs from net and when i try to install them, i got a message that i dont have enough privileges, like i am not anymore administrator.
what for gods sake is that!? very strange.
can someone please help me with this situation! it is horror!
thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16211-5-times-reinstall-again-user-corrupted.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello! I would like to set a task in Task Scheduler to automatically do something when I log in, but only if that login happens during certain times (for example, 6:45pm through 6am on weekdays, anytime on weekends). Is there a way to have multiple criteria on a task, or would I need to have a task enable another task to chain criteria together? I know I can have multiple triggers, but those run the task whenever any of the criteria are met (OR conditions) and not when all of them are met (AND conditions).

(If it helps, I'm going to modify this tutorial to display a message if I log in during those times.)

A:Running a task on user logon ONLY during certain times

Do it as a startup script. You log in, the script runs.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68986-running-task-user-logon-only-during-certain-times.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I`m trying to restrict the logon hours in my Win XP Pro SP2 with the following command:
Code:
net user accoutname /times:M-F,8am-11pm
or

Code:
net user accoutname /times:M,8am-11pm
or

Code:
net user accoutname /times:M-F,8:00-23:00
In all I`m getting a Net Helpmsg 3768.

What can I do?

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell laptop that I haven't rebooted in months so when it shut itself off b c battery died I not longer remembered the password for Windows Win I tried too many passwords and apparently shut off the account b c when I obtained the password my hubby remembered it it not longer worked I looked up for ways to reset the password I times many Now too Tried Forgot gone! &Locked account. password. user managed to boot the laptop from a Macrium recovery disk amp open a command prompt Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone! First on the menu that allows you to change boot order I also set a password for the admin it had not been set before So Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone! now I'm logged in as admin from the CD and opened a command window Now resetting the user password for the account called quot owner quot should be cake However is not b c the username account seems to be missing when I type quot net users quot I only get two accounts guest and admin No trace of the user account called quot owner quot which is the only one I ever used quot I also get an error quot The command completed with one or more errors quot I read that that may be b c the account got somehow corrupted Does anyone know how to Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone! tell if the user account is corrupted Any guidance for how to recover the account amp it's password

A:Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone!

Here is a whole page of things concerning user accounts.
I really don't know which one you need.
Take a look see.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutsearch...user%20account

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364942-forgot-password-tried-too-many-times-locked-account-now-user-gone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hello I have an amd athlon and win xp pro and just recently put this computer on the internet the first time about a month ago When I did that I added ram for total of GB Now every time i come home and turn my computer on I have about out of chance that it boots up all the way in to windows fine The rest of those times I will have the WELCOME screen with my user account icons to click the mouse will work but the icons dont highliht 3 account user times 4 screen selection freezes of out with mouse over and clicking it does nothing And sometimes I can click the account and it will say loading but user account selection screen freezes 3 out of 4 times freezes there So I have had to hit the reset button up user account selection screen freezes 3 out of 4 times to times to get it to get into windows Is this a common problem do you need more information about my setup I dont believe this to be a spyware or virus issue that's why i posted here I do have adaware spybot spydoctor AVG and attack shield and they are all updated and check the system to be ok any help appreciated thnx r winters

A:user account selection screen freezes 3 out of 4 times

oh also having problems being able to use safemode.
when I first turn on the pc the screen shows:

Delete=bios settings, F8=Boot Menu, F12=Network boot (the F8 boot menu only for selecting which drive to boot off of)
and i finally figured out that either F6 or F7 brings up a screen that lets you select which operating system to use. and it says at the bottom something like press F8 foradvanced windows boot options. BUT my computer always freezes on this screen. Or maybe the keyboard just always stops working. But I have never been in safemode on this computer and everyone has always told me safemode is ALWAYS F8 on startup.

(I am wanting to get into safemode to run antispyware stuff because maybe i do have some spyware. When I last updated adaware's defs it seems that they went from being like 100 days out of date to 1277 days out of date. I tried downloading the newest updates again and unistalling the program and reinstalling it and same thing)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-account-selection-screen-freezes-3-out-of-4-times-61500.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Have noticed that Something at (User and DPC a process driver) times causing high i seem to get sky high DPC at soem occasions I haven't really suffered from anything before but recently i had some audio glitches which i haven't been able to reproduce As i have overclocked recently with offset voltage i though that might be the cause however as said i cannot reproduce the audio glitch might have been something interfering it was huge glitch though though it was gonna crash happened like - times Anyhow i have tried non-OC as well but looking at my DPC it seems that it always gets high for some reason Especially the User process Driver has become high but hasn't confirmed that without OC it's a bit rarer and i think it's USB driver though no idea why This is Something causing high DPC (User process and at times a driver) with no overclock just the default BIOS settings with only some stuff disabled USB etc and HDD set to AHCI CONCLUSION Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs clicks or pops One problem may be related to power management disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup Check for BIOS updates LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for h mm ss on all Something causing high DPC (User process and at times a driver) processors SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer name DESKTOP- S LJSE OS version Windows build x Something causing high DPC (User process and at times a driver) Hardware ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D-E PRO CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Logical processors Processor groups RAM MB total CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHz Note reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event Highest measured interrupt to process latency s Average measured interrupt to process latency s Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency s Average measured interrupt to DPC latency s REPORTED ISRs Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal Highest ISR routine execution time s Driver with highest ISR routine execution time storport sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total ISR routine time Driver with highest ISR total time HDAudBus sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in ISRs ISR count execution time lt s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time gt s REPORTED DPCs DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution Highest DPC routine execution time s Driver with highest DPC routine execution time CLASSPNP SYS - SCSI Class System Dll Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total DPC routine time Driver with highest DPC total execution time dxgkrnl sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in DPCs DPC count execution time lt s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time gt s REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on d... Read more

A:Something causing high DPC (User process and at times a driver)

You are on the right track. High DPCs are usually driver problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42080-something-causing-high-dpc-user-process-times-driver.html
Relevancy 47.73%

A weird user account keeps popping up on my great-grand fathers laptop, I have ran ESET and Malwarebytes but it didn't find anything. I've removed it a couple of times but it seems to keep popping up after awhile. This laptop is barely 2 weeks old, So if it did get infected i dont know how seeing as my grandpa doesn't click on weird ads or links, he doesn't even have flash or java on the laptop because i didn't download it.

A:Weird user account keeps popping up after i've deleted it a few times.

I've run every tool and scan i could think of and not 1 threat or anything out of the ordinary

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611393/weird-user-account-keeps-popping-up-after-ive-deleted-it-a-few-times/
Relevancy 40.42%

Help,
My new Dell XPS 15 won't turn on.  Last week I had a similar situation, and I had to press the button several times once to get it to turn on with similar behavior.  Now it won't turn on at all.  I can get the LED lights to start blinking, always showing the same pattern - 4 white blinks, 2 amber blinks, and I can get this to turn off by holding the power button down.  Any ideas?  It is only a month old...
David

A:Dell XPS won't turn on. LED light blinks 4 times white, 2 times yellow

This is a bad mainboard.  Call Dell to have the board replaced under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991357
Relevancy 39.56%

I have changed the graphics card and PSU, but still the PC resets even on occasions where nothing is being used. I'm looking to find out what is causing this.

Cheers

Rob

A:System resets randomly 2 or 3 times a day at varying times.

have you checked to make sure all the cables are in the right places and they are connected tightly. also it sounds like there is a issue with the power supply itself. i would try testing the psu for proper voltage because generally a graphics card itself shouldn't cause issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354417-system-resets-randomly-2-3-times-day-varying-times.html
Relevancy 39.56%

This is my custom build computer of 4 - 5 years. The past year or so i keep getting random BSOD. There are times right after i do a windows update, the very next day my computer will crash. I am running the latest nvidia drivers, and also run windows update. Some times the error says Memory Management, or ntfs.sys, fltmgr.sys. I did a memory test and it passes. I also tested hdd for errors. I really can not take getting all of these BSOD. Right now, it is happening about 3 times per week. At times i am using my computer and other times it is at night when it is locked. I have not added anything to my computer since it was born 4 - 5 years ago. I also do not overclock or mod anything.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

edit
Forgot to add that sometimes when my computer BSOD, i am not getting the log dump files.

A:BSOD at random times, at least 3 times per week. Win 7 64 Ultimate

another BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354025-bsod-random-times-least-3-times-per-week-win-7-64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello New member here and thanks in advance for looking I have a home built w Home Premium box we use almost exclusively for Windows Media Center I started getting bsod's about a random at graphics times, times pink at BSoD and month ago and before that got distorted pinkish video on restart or bootup at times Tried using msconfig and changed settings and thought I had it but it resumed the pink screens sometimes garbled colors BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times, i BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times, e squares and other shapes so I bought a new video PCIe card an XFX R Thought this had it but it resumed the bsod's and sometimes graphic issues Saved our pics and such and did a clean install Worked fine for a couple days then back to the bsod's and pink graphics Having a hard time getting the crash files together for upload new guy here so hopefully I'll get it figured out and add it The directory created by SF Diag is mb large and when I go to U L size limits say nope Pointers here BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times, maybe Thanks behoof They say quot If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy quot and this W box is for her TV lt sigh gt Help

A:BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times,

Hi please follow this : BSOD posting instrucs: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
So someone can assist you, possibly me even.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252167-bsod-random-times-pink-graphics-times.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey all I have been getting BSODs everyday for times at 2-3 with random times per BSOD day different errors a couple months now At first since the BSODs started at around BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors the same time as I received my new motherboard and cpu MSI PC Mate Z Intel i - K I thought BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors the BSODs were caused by this new hardware but I am not certain as I updated drivers around the time too At the moment the BSODs could be caused by anything I have Ran memtest overnight with a successful pass Changed power settings to high Installed latest intel chipset drivers from intel's auto updater Installed latest BIOS Installed as many additional drivers from my motherboard's webpage Uninstalled graphics drivers for my AMD HD GHz edition and reinstalled Completely reinstalled windows by formatting by HDD and installing a fresh copy of windows on to that My PC specs are as follows MSI PC Mate Z Intel Core i - K AMD Radeon HD Ghz Edition gb x of Patriot Viper DDR Seagate Barracuda TB RPM Antec TP- C I could not attach the additional required file due to the task never BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors completing in the application Thanks in advance Here are thew last dmp files if you need them https drive google com folderview id BzgSuwGhlWk NUcwZW id Vlc U amp usp sharing In zip file https drive google com open id BzgSuwGhlWk eDNKazI a R UlE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625046/bsod-at-random-times-2-3-times-per-day-with-different-errors/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey all I have been getting BSODs everyday for a couple months now At 2-3 at per with day times times errors random BSOD different first since the BSODs started at around the same BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors time as I received my new motherboard and cpu MSI PC Mate Z Intel i - K I thought the BSODs were caused by this new hardware but I am not certain as I updated drivers around the time too At the moment the BSODs could be caused by anything I have Ran memtest overnight with a successful pass Changed power settings to high Installed latest intel chipset drivers from intel's auto updater Installed latest BIOS Installed as many additional drivers from my motherboard's webpage Uninstalled graphics drivers for my AMD HD GHz edition and reinstalled Completely reinstalled windows by formatting by HDD and installing a fresh copy of windows on to that My PC specs are as follows MSI PC Mate Z Intel Core i - K AMD Radeon HD Ghz Edition gb x of Patriot Viper DDR Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Antec TP- C Here are thew last dmp files but as mentioned earlier the errors seem to always be different https drive google com folderview U amp usp sharing In zip file https drive google com open id Bz DNKazI a R UlE Thanks in advance

A:BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors

BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400129-bsod-random-times-2-3-times-per-day-different-errors.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been getting BSOD's for the last week BSOD lock times times, other up at just random or so I can't read BSOD at random times, other times just lock up the entire screen in time when it happens but I do catch something about a hardware issue This has happened several times while playing video games but others when surfing the web or just doing BSOD at random times, other times just lock up some typing I've checked all of the components and they seem to be functional to the best of my knowledge I was getting random lock ups as well where the entire system would freeze up I would lose control of everything This happened a few times when watching movies or games and the sound would continue on as if there was nothing wrong while everything else froze and would not respond I reinstalled windows and none of these lock ups have happened since and I went days without the BSOD but it has come back today The computer is as follows with a Windows Ultimate bit OS Intel Extreme core CPU GB DDR Ram GB Kingston SSD TB SATA Drive Nividia GPU I've attached the mindump file and the system report file as per the instructions and would appreciate any help on this matter While I am by no means a computer guru or expert I've tested everything I could and found no viruses or lack of important drivers that could cause this I also stress tested my GPU and CPU to make sure they were not overheating though I didnt think they were Under full load the GPU peaked at C with an average running temp of C and the GPU was C at peak and C at standard operation level Thank you in advance for reading and helping Joe

A:BSOD at random times, other times just lock up

Problem Devices:
Code:
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06\4&525529E&0&00E4 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_03\4&115A8633&0&0010 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06\4&2E680ECD&0&00E5 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Make sure the above are installed. You should be able to find the drivers from your motherboard support site or your system vendor's support site (through HP, Dell, etc.).
Update your Intel IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers device. To determine the device, you can find it in Device Manager. To fully re-install a driver, use the following steps.First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

Intel? Driver Update Utility may help.
Run some hardware checks:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Warning
Before you proc... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228825-bsod-random-times-other-times-just-lock-up.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I have started getting BSODs twice a day at random moments on my computer in the last 4 days. I've tried to figure out the reason for the BSODs but I'm not sure.

I often get the * Hardware failure * bsod. Now I know these can be caused by a number of things, so that is why I included with this post the SF Diagnostic Tool zip attachement so you can help me figure this out.

I consider my knowledge of computers (overclocking, hardware maintenance and debugging) at a decent level, so it shouldn't take much help before we fix this. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

A:BSOD at random times, 2 times/day in the last 4 days

Hi jonathan

1. The attached system logs are only till 1 July 2012... appreciate if you can save the log directly from event viewer and post it here.

2. Holy crap!!.... I know you have a decent enough system with 8 GB Ram....but this is insane...... Please disable the all that crap from startup

Code:
V0710Mon.exe REG_SZ C:\Windows\V0710Mon.exe
Adobe ARM REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
AMD AVT REG_SZ Cmd.exe /c start "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe" aml
avast REG_SZ "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
BDRegion REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared Files\brs.exe
ChallengerPro REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thermaltake Challenger Pro\Ttsystray.exe"
CLMLServer REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
HP Software Update REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
PDVD8LanguageShortcut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe"
PMBVolumeWatcher REG_SZ D:\Programmes Jo\Sony\PMB\PMBVolumeWatcher.exe
QuickTime Task REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\Quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
RemoteControl8 REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe"
Rocket Live! Central 2 REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\RocketFishWEBCAM\Live! Central\RFLVCentral2.exe" /mode2
StartCCC REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
TkBellExe REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\Realplayer\update\realsched.exe" -osboot
UpdateLBPShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\LabelPrint" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\LabelPrint\2.5"
UpdateP2GoShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"
UpdatePDRShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDirector\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDirector" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\7.0"
UpdatePPShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerProducer\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerProducer" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerProducer\5.0"
UpdatePSTShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Blu-ray Disc Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Blu-ray Disc Suite" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerStarter"
SunJavaUpdateSched REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
VirtualCloneDrive REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDaemon.exe" /s
Thirdly ..... remove the Cyberlink Power DVD... the Richvideo.exe was part of the BSOD..

Fourthly.... remove avast and try using MSE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245695-bsod-random-times-2-times-day-last-4-days.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 37.84%
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi. I get a BSOD on my computer at most, twice a day. I am not sure what causes it as it happens at random times in the day.
I have attached the SF Diagnostic File if that helps.
Thanks,
Kieran

A:BSOD. 2 or 3 times a day at Random times.

Welcome to the forum.

Kaspersky contributes to BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!:-

Code:
AODDriver2.sys Thu Apr 5 15:23:37 2012 (4F7D6499)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard [br] Known BSOD issues in Win7
Driver Reference Table - AODDriver2.sys

Code:
ser2pl64.sys Thu Oct 17 17:02:48 2013 (525FC3D8)
USB-to-Serial Cable Driver/GembirdUAS112
Driver Reference Table - ser2pl64.sys

Quote:
Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Summary:

Code:
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Thu Jan 16 02:11:37.793 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:11.979
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Jan 16 01:21:59.653 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:45:40.840
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Jan 14 15:58:51.480 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:59:04.425
BugCheck A, {fffff000060a3f00, 2, 1, fffff80002ee0c42}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ser2pl64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ser2pl64.sys
Probably caused by : ser2pl64.sys ( ser2pl64+d500 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318534-bsod-2-3-times-day-random-times.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello all I really need some help have tried all i know and asked other places have read some threads here and really sounds like you all know your stuff Here is my problem When i game the game will freeze sound still plays but mouse everything locks up Have to warm reboot Other times it goes to black screen and still have to warm reboot I had this problem starting a year ago At that time i did mem test cpu stress test gpu stress test all came back fine Back then it use to reboot itself So i figured maybe a psu issue it was still under warranty so i sent it off they did find a bad capacitor and replaced Cool no a month after getting it back started doing as mentioned above So at that time i had a GTX gig video card in it So i spent the money and went to a Geforce GTX gig eventhough i had stressed tested the Ok so a week or so went by all good then it started up again Only has it locked up once BSOD gaming. when times some some not times while not gaming Always locks on WOT world of tanks unless i use the older nvidia driver BSOD some times some times not when gaming. DIdnt use to lock up BSOD some times some times not when gaming. with Diablo III TSW SWTOR SCII Untill recently sometimes its once or twice a night others its or times I ran a Mem test a week ago ran for plus hours no errors At wits end dont know what to do Please any suggestions or thoughts or solutions would be welcomed Computer Intel S XVN MB Dual Xeon GHZ processors Kingston Gig ram Geforce GTX gig GPU Window bit WD HD x WD HD x WD Exterial USB HD x

A:BSOD some times some times not when gaming.

Hello Kriley2012, Welcome to SF!

Please follow http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html so we can do a better job of assisting to figure out your problem!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242147-bsod-some-times-some-times-not-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I'm currently running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack Currently using firefox On random occasions random pages will randomly not load with the loading circle spinning but nothing happening When I click refresh the page might load or might not Sometimes i have to end up closing the browser and that seems to random access random at sending msges not to times/Msn or random Unable times receiving and pages fix the problem for some time The problem will randomly occur Unable to access random pages and random times/Msn not receiving or sending msges at random times again shortly after For Msn i have version Windows live Messenger On random occasions i will not receive or my messages will not be sent out The problem will go away and come back consistently I have shaw high speed internet directly connected to the modem I tried calling them and letting them take a look into my computer through the internet When they were searching theought the problem did not occur at that moment therefor i couldn't not prove that i have a problem I tried scanning my computer with Avira AntiVir Personal- Free version and Malwarebytes' Anit-Malware Free version all uptodate but nothing gets picked up This problem started to occur - weeks ago and i could not occur what i did during that time Thanks for your time

A:Unable to access random pages and random times/Msn not receiving or sending msges at random times

o.o

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271334/unable-to-access-random-pages-and-random-timesmsn-not-receiving-or-sending-msges-at-random-times/
Relevancy 34.83%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey there,This is my first post though I have been a lurker for a while.I run Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) as my anti-virus software. Today, it randomly stopped running and gave an alert to restart. I did restart and it turns off in about 5 seconds. This made me suspicious. It suggests I restart but I am hesitant as I am concerned that will embed something malicious.I downloaded Rkill and ran it. It didn't detect any malware services. Rkill did terminate 3 processes, below: * C:\windows\System32\atwtusb.exe (PID: 2228) [WD-HEUR] * C:\Windows\SysWOW64\tblmouse.exe (PID: 4904) [WD-HEUR] * C:\windows\system32\atwtusb.exe (PID: 2720) [WD-HEUR]I restarted MSE and same issue.Appreciate any help.Best,Rick*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to Am I Infected? Since malware can cause issues as described we need to find out if the system is infected. ~ Queen-Evie*

A:MSE isn't monitoring and won't run

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466204/mse-isnt-monitoring-and-wont-run/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm not sure where to put this thread so here it goes.

I am wondering if there is any way to acess a record or see what has been going on on my computer through xp. I no history but that can be easily deleted and my norton internet security log can be disbabled is there anyway to whacht or look at whats going on.

And is there anything like a hidden program.
I was wondering if somone was to put a hidden program on my computer like one not shown in add remove programs where can i find it.

A:Monitoring

SoftActivity provides software that will monitor the computer as an invisible process, and also some that will monitor it over your LAN. They have free trials, but continued use will cost you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitoring-28166.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I really doubt that such a critter exists, but after reading the specs on my DVD burner, I got to wondering. It says that the operating environment is 5C to 45C temperature and 15% to 80% relative humidity. Since the video card is operating at 48C and one of my harddrives is at 40C, it not hard to imagine that the optical drives frequently exceed these limits. Therfore, my question is, is there any such thing as a monitoring device or monitoring program for optical devices?

A:CD/DVD Monitoring

Howdy seekermeister,
Interesting question. I've never seen it before. I did some research and can find only sketchy stuff at best. No measuring software at all. But it seems to me you have no problem. Even at 50C, 122F, it seems the drive's operating temperature is only related to it's internal temp while burning in direct relationship to the media capabilities/physical content make up. If that wasn't the case everyone living in Las Vegas would have drip dry coasters.

In searching I found drives rated at a max of only 40C. Well that would mean half the machines out there would have failed optical drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-monitoring.495533/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey everyone This looks like Log my PC? Is - something monitoring a great forum and I look forward to coming back for Log - Is something monitoring my PC? all my PC related talk If someone could please inform me if I have any type of PC monitoring or any Dameware like applications In other words is someone spying on me Thanks in advanced Quote Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Platform Windows XP SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Log - Is something monitoring my PC? WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsMax server exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsMax server exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe Log - Is something monitoring my PC? C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files vsd VILO VILO exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Flash CS Flash exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http companyweb default aspx R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run PDF Complete quot C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS Sminst Recguard exe O - HKLM Run Re... Read more

A:Log - Is something monitoring my PC?

bump.. ...........

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/log-is-something-monitoring-my-pc-275182.html
Relevancy 34.4%

There is a great video showing monitoring USB enumeration with MMA nbsp nbsp However this is for a prior version One of the first steps is to download the USB Parser nbsp This is shown as on the start page next to news nbsp I can't find a way to do that in other than check for updates under Help nbsp Do I need to do this step When I try to start a capture I select USB as that is the Hub type on my machine nbsp nbsp The load issues a number of error messages like these nbsp no matching 'Microsoft Windows USB USBHUB Event ' Filter any name which can denote a pattern type or an enum field declaration Outruled protocol Microsoft Windows USB USBHUB nbsp no matching 'Microsoft Windows USB USBHUB Event ' Filter any name which can denote a pattern type or an enum field declaration Outruled protocol Microsoft Windows USB USBHUB Clearly I am missing MMA Monitoring 1.3 Under USB a step nbsp My goal is to look at the enumeration of a composite device and see why it is not loading correctly Are there any Monitoring USB Under MMA 1.3 better examples of configuring the trace with Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b57ba391-531b-487c-a084-7073feb1e0bc/monitoring-usb-under-mma-13?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 34.4%

Is anyone monitoring this forum? I posted weeks ago and have not had any kind of response. I know that are a lot of people with a lot of problems but shouldn't some sort of answer be expected?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-monitoring.820989/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to see if my work lap top was being monitored? I use it for personal use after hours and surf sometimes while at work. Nothing scandalous, but curios if there was a way to check and also clean if possible. Any reccomendations are much appreciated. Is there cleaning software available?
I am not in the office, and do not have to go through a network server or through any company-type network. Internet explorer is browser.
Thanks

A:lap top monitoring

So how are you connected to the Internet at work if you're not using any "company-type" network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lap-top-monitoring.555581/
Relevancy 34.4%

Okay so I have a step-daughter who has psychological issues Need Help Kid Monitoring we are going to put monitoring software on her computer because a large part of her problem is the online culture she has aligned herself with These people are feeding into her problem and it has gotten so bad that she is currently in a self-help clinic for teens for the nd time We were against doing this after the Need Help Monitoring Kid first time she went in but she has completely regressed as a result of the company she keeps These people are feeding into her problem and it has gotten so bad that she is currently in a self-help clinic for Need Help Monitoring Kid teens for the nd time Her psychologist and psychiatrist both recommend doing this because she is not getting the help she needs because these quot friends quot are just filling her head with bullshit and preventing any real healing from happening So off my rant and onto what I need I need eyes I need software that can monitor keystrokes and webtraffic but also capture the other end of chat conversations I know there is a program called chatsync or something close to that name that will translate skype chatlogs into something legible but I also need to be able to monitor browser history and if possible view a snapshot of the sites she visits Also software that will monitor any uploads and downloads and create a carbon copy This does not need to be an all-in-one package but if you kind people could create a list for me of softwares and what tasks they do best it would be greatly appreciated I know this seems extremely invasive but desperate times call for desperate measures my kids life is on the line here and I m not about to take half measures when it comes to something like that nbsp

A:Need Help Monitoring Kid

Take your time and peruse these 3 articles.

http://www.techradar.com/news/softw...are-9-programs-to-keep-your-kids-safe-1140315

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/software/best-parental-control-software-2016-3587080/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2346997,00.asp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/need-help-monitoring-kid.306599/
Relevancy 34.4%

Does Windows 7 have a built in UPS monitor, like XP did, which would allow me to configure shutdown times as well as notifications? If so, how would I get to that please?

Thanks again

A:UPS monitoring in 7.

Have a looky here pal Freeware UPS Assistant monitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180602-ups-monitoring-7-a.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys,

would any of you possibly know of any freeware that I can use to monitor my brother? We both connect to the same router and I want to watch what he does on his screen remotely through my screen. I assure you we're in the same household and it would not be hacking and/or spying. I am certain he doing suspicious things and I want to be certain without direct, awkward, confrontation. Thanks!

Sounds like spying to me, and we won't help with that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring.807573/
Relevancy 34.4%

HI,Has anybody heard of a program called (whats my computer doing).
Its a program that runs in the background and analyzes whats running that you may not be aware of i have not downloaded it yet as i would like to find out if it is good or bad,thanks

A:PC MONITORING

There is a much better tool for that.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515751/pc-monitoring/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello //
I don't know if is correct to post here with this questions about a iphone.
To the administrator sorry if is wrong to post here, however need help.
Thanks
My question is my friend ask me If I know a way to monitor her daughter with her iphone. Like see where she goes and tracking her calls without notice. If any software or something like that. So I ask you people If you know something to put in her cell phone. This is father responsibility and I can't talk more here about it, but please let me know so I can tell me best friend about it.. If is possible or Not..
Thanks in advance for your advice ...

Aacm

A:Need little help .. to monitoring

Sorry but this is not something that we can help with as we can't verify the situation or intentions and it involves invading someone's privacy.

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-little-help-to-monitoring.1037497/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all. Do any of you know any free, reliable and discreet software that would allow me to see exactly what is being done on my PC during the day when i'm at work? I tried Computer Watchdog and it seriously screwed my PC up so that's a no-no. Have any of you tried these sort of programs and know any that are ok?

A:Pc Monitoring

I'm against the use of monitoring software on general principle. It's not that it's bad, it's just that there are other steps that can be taken to prevent the abuse.

And, IMO, these other steps are much more effective and long lasting.

First is that you forbid use of the system, you forbid the use of certain parts of the system, or you forbid the visiting of certain types of websites.

Next, you establish consequences for disobedience.

Then you sit back and wait. Eventually you'll determine if disobedience is occurring - then you enact the consequences. There's a wealth of information stored on the hard drive.

Consequences can be multi-pronged - both preventing access to the system and/or it's abilities and punitive measures designed to reinforce the consequences of disobedience.

Doing this fairly and consistently will give you more piece of mind than any monitoring software that you can use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70570/pc-monitoring/
Relevancy 34.4%

Is there any program out that (preferably free) that can monitor wich users log on and for how long. I am the admin of the computer but I don't need to monitor what sites they go to and key strokes just when they log in and when they log off and preferable a thing that can generate a report to tell me how long each one is on.

BTW I am doing this because my brother get's so much more computer time then me so I want to prove to my mom when he goes on and how long so that she can change the hours so it is equal.

My firewall does... PII Smoothwall appliance, for what it's worth.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42288/monitoring/
Relevancy 34.4%

Is it possible to monitor the traffic on my wireless network? So i can keep a record of what is being downloaded/uploaded on my son's computer, i fear he is constantly missusing it.

Since that goes directly into a switch and to the Internet in the router, it'll be pretty difficult with a cheap SOHO router. You could install software on his machine to do the trick, or buy a router with parental controls and filters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring.611986/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello. I was wondering if any could help me find the right program im looking for. Currently i administer a LAN connected to an internet connection through a DW4020. I am trying to find a program that i can use to monitor traffic from all ip's i have issued out to users. I am trying to regulate downloading as much as possible since currently we are in iraq and the choice of internet is either slow or none. so to make users happy we limit downloading during peak hours, but of course i can't really do much about it unless i go to everyone's computer myself and check for downloading programs. any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

A:Lan monitoring

Show Traffic with WinPcap

The above is a network sniffer works wonderful you'll need WinPcap it will ask you to download it. Both are free.. Also LANSpy is another one that's can scan your network also tells you whois login to the PCs on the network..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-monitoring.72380/
Relevancy 33.97%

l was just wondering if there is a good way to monitor networking.

long story short l booted up my laptop and the network suddenly becomes very slow for some reason, lve looked on my firewall and it tells me lm maxing out the connection, the strange part is that l dont know where!! because it seems to be a service rather than from my direct activity which is pretty confusing which is why l want to know which exact service was causing the issue so l know why my download speed is being hogged!.

A:network monitoring

Try this with no deviations. Start and type in msconfig. Go to Services, lower left corner check Hide All Microsoft Services. Uncheck all except your security programs.Do not fool with Microsoft Services.
The reason for this is many programs will be doing what we call calling home. They are installed to check for updates automatically which is done by going on line. The next thing that comes to mind is a infection. What security programs do you have installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240133-network-monitoring.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Can anyone tell me what tools are good for monitoring processes on a PC? We are looking for better ways to detect spyware. thanks

A:Monitoring processes on a PC

Task manager is the easiest way but if you are looking for a 3rd party app with other functionality you can try winpatrol (www.winpatrol.com)

~GICodeWarrior

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f58/monitoring-processes-on-a-pc-16955.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I just upgraded my comp to a Chaintech 7VIF4 mobo and Athlon XP 3000+.
All working fine except for the fan speed monitoring. The fans don't even show up in SiSoft Sandra. The manual states that the two connectors for the CPU and case fan do support monitoring. Has anyone dealt with something like that? Thanks.

Relevancy 33.97%

I have a PC with
MSI 815M Pro (MS-6334) Motherboard
Intel Celeron 366 Mhz. Processor
Winbond W83627 HF-AW H/W Monitoring Chipset
But my BIOS doesn't show H/W Monitoring Option.Also,MSI PC Alert tells that there is no H/W Monitoring Chipset in my mobo,which is optional.I have even opened up the PC and seen the Chip.How can I solve this?

A:H/W Monitoring Problem

Short of a BIOS upgrade that recognizes the chipset, I'm at a loss. Are you sure the Winbond chip you see has the monitoring capability? Also, there are external components that need to be present for the monitoring to function, perhaps they were left off, the "optional" component?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/h-w-monitoring-problem.116565/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All,

I noticed my modem flashing and hard drive flashing when I'm not using it for send/receive. Is there a window/program that monitors what is happening on the modem while not in use? I have all my programs set to notify me if an update is available and lets me decide if I want to download and install it. I realize some programs are set to "phone home" whenever you connect to the web. I am really curious to see what is going through my modem.

Thanks,

John

A:monitoring what's going through my modem

Basically what is happening is your Modem/router/PC are all constantly talking to eachother, even when not in use. Kind of like "hey are you there" which will get a response "yep IM still waiting for orders"... that type of thing.

If you wish, you can use something like Wireshark but you'll really need to know what you are looking for to even sniff out a problem.
https://www.wireshark.org/

As far as the hard drive, that does work while you aren't working as well. You can monitor stuff while on idle by using Task manager and see if you are getting unusual CPU usage while idling.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357767-monitoring-whats-going-through-my-modem.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I've heard rumors that there is monitoring software available for Motorola SURFBoard Cable-modems floating around somewhere, but I'm not having much luck finding it anywhere.

I'm not sure if it's SNMP based, or propietary, or what, but it's a PC app, and allows you the get the internal stats from the SURFBoard - including cable send/recieve signal level. Anyone know where I can get it ?

Thanks,
Chaz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surfboard-monitoring.82663/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm looking for a way to monitor the bandwidth on my router. The Router model is a Linksys E2500 Dual-Band router and the CD came with no monitoring software. What I'm looking for is:
-Can display overall bandwidth usage in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
-Displays usage of bandwidth of connected devices on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
-Shows devices connected to router at the given time.

I'm hoping there is a free program or Windows Sidebar Gadget that can do these tasks so I can monitor bandwidth and see what is going on amongst my network.
Thanks in advance.

A:Bandwidth Monitoring

hi
there are lots of different programs out there to monitor my favorite is Axence NetTools 4.0 Pro http://www.axencesoftware.com/Download/NetTools.exe

Axence Software - Network Monitoring, Network Mapping & Application Monitoring- NetTools Pro

Quote:
NetTools is a free and comprehensive set of host monitoring, network scanning, security and administration tools, all with a highly intuitive user interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201987-bandwidth-monitoring.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i have MSI afterburner and it monitors my GPU and tempeture but, i need somthing that monitors my CPU and shows it on screen in the game like how afterburner does,
Anyone know one?

A:CPU monitoring in game

i dont wana be running fraps, i just need somthing showing my CPU temp and load

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/282044-cpu-monitoring-game.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone konw of any simple software that will display the CPU temperature in the tool/task bar? Im messing with new fans and speeds and it would be useful to have that info always available without constantly running my motherboard monitoring software.
Im running a Gigabyte m.board with an AMD 64 chip on Win XP
Many thanks.

Relevancy 33.97%

I am lookning for a program that will allow me as network administrator to view and take control of users' workstations on our LAN. Please email me with any recomendations.

A:Workstation monitoring

What do you mean by "take control" ? Depending on which country you are from, you had better be careful that you are not infringing upon any data protection, human or privacy rights.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-monitoring.37578/
Relevancy 33.97%

Is there any way that Windows can keep track of any file creation or modification in the Windows file system? We need it for work security and auditing. Any help would be much appreciated. 

A:Monitoring and Alerting

Are you concerned about an unauthorized person making changes in Windows?

If this is the case you can set their computer with  non-administrator account which would stop them from making changes of this nature.  

The only other way I could see this occurring would be if the computer is either infected with a backdoor Trojan or someone hacking through your firewall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610858/monitoring-and-alerting/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok we use a program called ServersAlive to monitor our servers. It relies on perfmon counters in order to monitor the stats. I need to know how to enable them on one of our servers so we can monitor the memory, processor, and diskspace. THey did it before here but they can't rmemeber what they did exactly (my coworkers). All I was told is it's a registry hack or something.

Can someone please lead me in the right direction. Thanks.

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys,

I need to monitor my works internet usage, it's set up through a proxy server on NT4.

Does anyone know the best way to go about this??

Cheers.

A:Internet Monitoring

You are probably looking for a network monitoring tool or sniffer. Try etherdetect Etherdetedt ... Or try Anasil Anasil ... They both have trial version where you could download and try out... Let me know what you think...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-monitoring-7557.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Program for monitoring changes

I'm looking for a free program that will monitor the changes made to my computer after installing a new program, going on a web site, etc.

A:Program for monitoring changes

Umm good luck - It would have to scan just about the entire hard drive to find out ALL the changes the program/website/etc made to your pc. Thats a full scan for each and every page/picture/script that a web page has. The program(program alone) part maybe out there somewhere. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-for-monitoring-changes.3357/
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone know of any software that monitors signal strength in warehouse distribution applications? It must be compatible with a 2.4 GIG frequency system and run either VT100 or VT220 emulation.

I am basically trying to prove to the powers that be, that 8 access points in a 1.3 million square foot warehouse are not enough.

I had a app at another one of our DC's that would monitor this. But it was on a 900 meg frequency system. Running a diferent emulation, so its not compatible now.

A:RF monitoring software

Not sure but is this any help?
http://www.netstumbler.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rf-monitoring-software.7880/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all,
What software do i need to be able to view another persons desktop over IP and be able to do things like install software and basically control their pc from mine?

damien

A:Monitoring Software?

Remote assistance will do that provided it wants to work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-software.51802/
Relevancy 33.97%

What type of fan monitoring software do you guys use?

I'm curious because I was wanting to stick one on my Desktop so I don't have to go to BIOS every time I want to monitor fan speed and CPU Temp.

A:Fan Monitoring Software

Speedfan is what i use. Has worked great for me! here is the link(s): http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

http://www.filehippo.com/download_speedfan/

either one will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-monitoring-software.106669/
Relevancy 33.97%

I've tried to avoid doing this but we have someone that works for us that is really abusing the privelage of having the internet in the workplace. The problem is I need proof. I'm hoping there is a decent monitoring program out there that is free and also free of pesky malware. I have no intent of using this on every computer just the two this person uses most frequently. Thanks.

Jesse

A:Looking for a monitoring program

You will not have adequate proof with a free program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-monitoring-program.78904/
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a reliable and easy to use website monitoring software for windows? Right now I I'm using Monitance since they have a freemium service to try out. Anyone know of any others that offer free services that I could test drive? Has anyone tried Thwack or NewRelic? Thanks!

A:Server Monitoring

I am using the software called Anturis which is extremely easy to use for server monitoring. This is a SaaS tool which can any type of servers, quick to set up and various types of alerts even by the phone which I like more as you will always try to answer the call.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539815/server-monitoring/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm interested in using an app to monitor the temperature of the CPU while in use (i.e. not by checking the Bios). Any recommendations?

A:Recommend CPU Monitoring App.

Pick and try from the list.
Speccy
HWMonitor
Speedfan
Core Temp
SIW Home Edition

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552230/recommend-cpu-monitoring-app/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi Guys,

Please let me know if there is any software available (free/paid) which can hide itself in employee computer and track what the employee/user is doing on it. If Yes, can we record the session as well. Any suggestions for this type of monitoring software would be very helpful. Thanks.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/monitoring-software.311826/
Relevancy 33.97%

can i monitor my router's connection using a SNMP manager? i noticed that my router supports it and i wanna see what other users on my network are up to!

p.s. i googled around and it looks to me that SNMP is perhaps for more advanced users and IT professional, so i'm not even sure if SNMP can do that for me! can it?!

i have the tp-link td-8840 adsl2 modem/router

thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/snmp-monitoring.975154/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all,

I'm looking for some kind of tools or something else to get the cpu usage in MHz( or GHZ).

I already searched in the performance monitor but only found the current cpu MHz value. (\\ProcessorPerformance(PPM_Processor_%PROCESS%)\\frequency").

If there are some other parameters that i can use in a calculation to become the cpu usage in MHz, I'm glad to hear this.

I still looking for methods and tools. but not really what i need.

Why I need this. Because we want to put this in my monitoring system. And make a graph out of it.

Kind Regards

A:Monitoring CPU usage

What you are looking for is you already found. "\\ProcessorPerformance(PPM_Processor_%PROCESS%)\\frequency" That is the closet you are going to get to "CPU usage in MHz" However that only works if you have a processor that changes it frequency based on load. Intel Speedstep for example. But no, there is no CPU usage in MHz because that is not how things are done. If your processor is 500 MHz but the app you are running only requires 250 MHz, it will run on the processor at 500 MHz.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/170935-monitoring-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I live at a rooming house my parents own. There are several of us using the internet and we went over out limit for bandwidth by a lot. They all denied downloading excessively but we went 55gb over our limit. So I was wondering if there was a way to monitor the network see when excessive use is occurring, which person is doing it, and if there is a way I can limit the downloading.
Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

Ok, normally I use Speedfan for keeping an eye on temps as the G15 app is a great little tool.
However, upon upgrading my video card to a Gigabyte HD5670, I can no longer get GPU temps to display in Speedfan. I need a solution to this as I like to know whats going on with my hardware.
I have an Asus P5QL-E mobo and the GV-R5670C-1GI.

Thanks in advance,
Thorn

A:Temp monitoring +G15 app

Were you using a nVidia card before upgrading to the ATI card? I don't think Speedfan works for temps with ATI. EVGA Precision will work with your G15.

EVGA Precision

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/94886-temp-monitoring-g15-app.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi people, i'm looking for a program that monitoring what the aplications doing, like a fw, here an example:file1.exe is connecting with http://www.something.com/other_file.exeIt's to know from where the trojans get others file...And files with extesion .cpl, is there a way to monitoring them? if i click in one .cpl file what it'll do after? Humm, like a threat process...Thanks and sorry for my bad english!

A:Monitoring Files...

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. I have not used it, but have heard it is very good.WinPatrolhttp://www.winpatrol.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141339/monitoring-files/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just bought a VGA Splitter for my Desktop, but it only let me view a mirror screen from my 1st monitor.
can someone please help me configure my setting? what I want to accomplish is Dual monitor for different purpose like while I'm playing a game on the 1st monitor, I can still watch movies on the 2nd monitor.
I have red some thread and ask some technicians about it and they told me that what I want is possible.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74363-dual-monitoring.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I am worried about the ammount af time and attention my friend's son is giving to his conversations on messenger.

I have looked around for some software to record his conversations (invisibly) and have tried a few free samples with very little success, as the samples don't give enough functionality and there are so many out there, that I cannot make a decent choice.

Can anybody help by recommending something that they know works, or any other help will be very much appreciated.

A:Need Help Monitoring Msn Messenger

Well I found something MSN/Yahoo Message Archive Decoder and Viewer Doesn't keylog anything it just reads the logs that MSN makes of its conversations. Its good to be aware of whats going on in your PC not that I approve of reading other peoples stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126802/need-help-monitoring-msn-messenger/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm going to building my own gaming PC on Wednesday, but didn't purchase a copy of Windows luckily a guy offered his old retail Windows 7 key that hasn't been used yet for free. I'm wondering is there any way he could monitor me or do anything else that would be harmful towards my system when I activate the key on my system?

PS: I have serious paranoia.

A:Windows 7 Key Monitoring

No, if you use an original W7 ISO and only use the key, not some sort of activator.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-7-key-monitoring.58213/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All,

I am looking for a Wi-Fi monitoring app to install on client devices like laptops,smart phones etc with the following features:

1) Ability to monitor usage time
2) It should help me find if an user has uploaded or downloaded data at a particular point in time by looking at the log later.
3) Ability to export the data that is logged

It would be an additional bonus if I am able to use the app across multiple platforms like Windows,Android etc.

I am new to this field and look forward to your suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

A:Wi-Fi usage monitoring

Bitmeter might do what you want on windows PCs only
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,67181-order,1-page,1/description.html

1) you can monitor usage downloads
2) will show by each hour and date the amount downloaded and uploaded or day or month on different tabs
3) you can export as a csv file -- little disc icon bottom left corner

I use it often for my elder clients who only have 1 PC and are on a capped service to save costs - used to have 2gb montly capped services in UK - although this has changed a lot recently and 10gb is minimum now i thinl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-usage-monitoring.1068616/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello Use Comcast for my broadband Internet Monitoring Usage ? Using Windows A month ago I had a call from them re my usage as being way over the GB month they allow O K I had a quot talk quot with my son re all the downloads videos etc he does I also installed from Rokario Software their quot Bandwidth Monitor quot -Lite free vers to keep an eye on things Since our talk the monitor shows almost nothing per day a few tenths of a GB at most perhaps Today I see that Comcast has finally came out with their Monitor I took a look and it is showing about GB so far this month So their monitor and the Bandwidth Monitor I installed apparently don't agree Hard not to believe that theirs isn't the correct usage Before having another talk with son would Monitoring Usage ? sure like to understand what may be going on The Rokario Monitor has an Auto-Select tab where it apparently pulls up what quot Controller quot is being used by my PC Frankly I have no idea what this is or means but it's a real long list of possibilities it shows and it auto-detects this one Realtek PcIe GBE Family Controller-qoS Packet Scheduler Might it be that it is monitoring the wrong one How else can I Monitoring Usage ? check which quot Controller quot my system might be using without using their auto-detect Any thoughts on this or why the very big usage difference would be much appreciated BTW anything with W or something in my system that might be accounting for all of this before I go and accuse Thanks Bob

A:Monitoring Usage ?

Is it a wireless connection? Are you using WEP or WPA to protect your connection? a neighbor might be using your bandwidth

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64169-monitoring-usage.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am looking to monitor the temp and humidity of my server room. I would prefer something that will e-mail me if the sensor goes above the threshold. I have seen devices from APC but, am not totally sold on them. Has anybody had any experience with the APC products? Any other products that they would recommend?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/environment-monitoring.994113/
Relevancy 33.97%

Is there a way to put a WiFi device on monitor mode to be able to do essentially what this is doing:
http://blog.hexacta.com/how-to-listen-to-wifi-with-node-js/
Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/83b285fa-1be0-4650-b0db-8654ab122efe/wifi-monitoring?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

I need to monitor my bandwidth usage (Download & Upload) of my company. My infrastructure of the company is that all the users pass to the internet from a server which has TMG Firewall installed.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-monitoring.1047976/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to everyone this is my first post , I would just like to ask which Monitoring Software comes highly recommended
thank you
ourwilly

A:Monitoring Software

Welcome to BC! Kick back have some fun and maybe even learn/teach something.

Could you Explain which type of Monitoring Software you are looking for?

Pest Monitoring?
Home Monitoring?
Surveillance Monitoring?
Children Monitoring? (Could also be in Pest category )
to name a few.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14355/monitoring-software/
Relevancy 33.97%

Lately my husband has been acting very weird, to the point where I believe that he may be cheating on me. Always closing the windows when I walk into the room, getting suspicious instant messages, always closing the door when he is online, etc. And I wanted to know what program I could use to see what he is doing online and who he is talking to and such. Is there such a program that I could maybe send through an email, that will tell me what he has been doing???? What are my options?? I really need your help!! Thank you!!

A:Activity Monitoring?

He is also very technical savvy.. he has a degree in computer networking etc.. so it cant be something that he would easily notice or be able to find through add/remove programs...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59292/activity-monitoring/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey ya ll Hope this is not in the wrong forum I got up this morning to discover that at least one of our teenagers are getting online after we go to bed I am sure of one not sure of the other because he knows how to delete his cookies history etc I don t want to jump the gun here and blame just one very possible they are doing this together I want to be Children Monitoring able to hold each one accountable Blah Blah Blah I tried to download iProtectYou found it here but my AV picks it up as Spyware and won t let it install correctly I tried to disable my AV while installing but as soon as I enabled it again it immediately found it back to square one Is there another way to limit or monitor there use Short of taking the power cord to bed with me Is it possible to prevent them from deleting there cookies and history They both have limited accounts but have not been able to find an option to do this Safe to say IT S DISCUSSION TIME HERE Thanks

A:Monitoring Children

http://www.k9webprotection.com/about.htmlThe above program is free to home users and with it you can control computer usage time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66333/monitoring-children/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am between Monitoring PCs connectivity looking for a program that would Monitoring connectivity between PCs monitor connectivity among PCs Details I am working on a site that has PC that is running our software The PCs reside on a large campus network probably over PCs The PCs are setup in a Server Client configuration with the server running on Windows cluster and the clients running either Windows PRO or XP SP We seem to have connectivity issues among the PCs This is not a typical office applicaiton where you would use the clinet to access the Internet or do email These are applications where the clients monitor the environment in their respective buildings and then report to the server The database that is kept at teh server is extensively used by the clients - either by accessing the database or actually writing to the database Due to connectivity issues we had problems where bad information was written to the database and we had to restore a backup Since network connectivity issues can occur at any time of the day and at random what I am trying to find out is a program that I can run at each PC that would monitor the connectivty between it and the rest of the PCs and log any errors A ping should be sufficient to determine connectivty Also since these PCs are logged off at night when a user goes home this program needs to run as a service and in the background such that a logoff would not terminate it I was trying to use the Performance Monitor built into Windows to accomplish this The problem is I am not sure if I can run it as a service Any help is appreciated Thanx in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring-connectivity-between-pcs.367172/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,
     I've read that UMonit.exe is a non-intensive USB monitoring program that will alert you when a USB device has just been plugged into your PC.  However, on my Toshiba L775 laptop, the process  is shown as using 49-51% of my CPU time continuously within Task Manager and has often brought my PC down to it's knees.  After stopping the process my PC is free to breathe again.  The exe file is not located within the "Startup" folder.  Does anyone know how to uninstall or remove this?

Thanks, scotpie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629905/umonitexe-usb-monitoring/
Relevancy 33.97%

in the process of booting my computer, an error message comes up and states that "The primary IDE master hard drive SELF MONITORING SYSTEM has reported that a parameter has exceeded its normal operating range."
i am currently running windows xp professional.

A:self monitoring system

hello & welcome to TSF ,

do you know the name of your harddrive / this is needed to get the tools to do diagnostics & repair tools for your harddrive

if not please follow the link in my sig (vvvv) below & download Everest Home Ed. Personal ( it is a free program )

you can find the name of with this program & get all type of info about your system

now do you know how to run a scandisk

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/self-monitoring-system-222967.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hi guys,

i'm trying ,with no luck ,to find a tool for employe monitoring with a twist:
to record users desktop and save it as a movie(compression is a must,save as flash is best)
start recording on event(if users goes on some site ) and stop it when that event ends(users stop browser)
if it could save the recorded movie on different machine,where the recorded users wouldn't have access

basically smthing like adobe captivate with the above specs

if anybody knows smthing even remotely like this ,i would appreciate and answer

A:Monitoring Tool

That would be the holy grail. There is VNC recorders but you would need to be logged into their system with a VNC client. And I am pretty sure they are going to notice that.

You are better off just monitoring the network traffic with something like SNORT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitoring-tool.728219/
Relevancy 33.97%

hi all,
can anyone tell me what are some of the best software for monitoring the temperature of ur motherboard, cpu, gpu, ect?
if it costs a little thats fine too, i just cant seem to figure out what most people use.

thanks in advance!

A:temperature monitoring?

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

I use speedfan on one system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temperature-monitoring.709091/
Relevancy 33.97%

Are there any good apps that does this? Also any that can report directly to my LCD display on my keyboard. I have an old version of Aida64 but don't wish to upgrade that as it costs too much.

A:PC Monitoring Software

Are you looking for an actual app....if so, you'll need to check the MS store under utilities or tools. For the actual software there's a few out there.....but Aida64 is top notch in my book.

HWmoitor HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/34040-pc-monitoring-software.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

I'm looking for a little program that monitors the access (reading, writing) of the hard disk by any of the programs running at a certain moment and shows this information in REAL TIME.

No other features needed.

(Only if possible, it should be able to control/restrict the access to the HDD by the aplication that I indicate.)

If somebody knows such a program, please advise.

Thanks

A:HDD Access Monitoring

I do not know about restricting but maybe some of these maybe useful

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb545046.aspx

Have a look at Diskmon, Diskview, Disk Usage and Filemon and let us know if they are any use

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-access-monitoring.686598/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm looking for something to monitor my temps on my mobo, like gpu,cpu,hdd, and ram. I've a Asu P5N-E SLI board. Input would be appreciated. TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

I would like to monitor my CPU temps. I C no option 4 this in my bios and while speedFan which I adore does fine job of monitoring my HDD temps forget diagnosing their condition, it finds no sensors for my chip.

Doees this mean I am precluded from the monitoring CPU temps option?

I Googled a lot and find no freeware to even download and try. Given the above, should Ijust give up on this?

Thanks!