Windows Support Forum

Roxio Media Manager Installation Stuck

Q: Roxio Media Manager Installation Stuck

I purchased a Blackberry 8830 and installed Blackberry Desktop Manager, VZAccess Manager, and Audio Bay Media manager to access podcasts on my Blackberry. Ever since I continue to get the following messages, "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Media Manager," or "Unable to find Certificate File," or "Please install CD to continue Roxio Media Manager installation." The problem is that I don't ever recall downloading anything from Roxio media Manager and am not sure where it came from. I uninstalled Audio Bay, Blackberry Desktop Manager and VZAccess Manager and now am unable to install anything because the computer says that the computer is busy installing another program.

Any help or advice to stop or get rid of Roxio would be very much appreciated!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Roxio Media Manager Installation Stuck

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Roxio Media Manager Installation Stuck

Windows Installer Clean Up Utility.

once installed, and open, click the roxio program, and the button to fix.

i suspect roxio software might be part of another software you picked up and is installing itself as part of the License agreement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roxio-media-manager-installation-stuck.581487/
Relevancy 22.79%

Every 10 seconds audio manager will set the volume on my mic to 0 and mute it I have already tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but no result.
It may be malware but I am not sure as of yet. Would really appreciate help right now.

A:Realtek Audio Manager Mic Problem

Problem Solved, As suspected it was malware. To fix this launch task manager, then go to start up, go through the list if something dosn't have a icon or dosn't seem to fit in right click and open its file location. If you are definite that it is malware disable it, restart go to the file location and delete all the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-audio-manager-mic-problem.216938/
Relevancy 21.93%

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 19.35%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

A:Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skullcandy-crusher-mic-not-working-with-asus-realtek-hd-audio-manager.204154/
Relevancy 21.07%

I burn a fair amount of DVR disks with games, movies, and personal files. The drive works just fine. I can play DVDs and it reads other disk. However, I have one disk that just isn't reading at all. I ran the Windows Fix it says the media is not readable. When I insert the disk it is loading in the My Computer screen, and then makes a load funny sound and just doesn't read the disk. When it finishes, the drive ejects when you click on it and says to insert a disk. I looked at ISObuster and it also picks up nothing. I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure the disk was readable at one time. The disk doesn't appear to have any scratches, cracks, etc. Is there anything I can do to get the disk to be readable and work again? It has unreplaceable personal items. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Media in DVD Drive is not readable

Have you tried using the disk in another machine, preferably a machine that has a newer drive? Is the disc a name brand disk that you know was bought from a reputable store?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-in-dvd-drive-is-not-readable.207225/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

A:Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 20.64%

I'm having an issue with my media sharing options in Network and Sharing on all my computers on my network. When I go to network & sharing to turn on media sharing for some reason by itself it gets turn off?? This is frustrating to have to continually reset it on all computers on my network. They all have the same Home Group password, but still it gets turn off somehow. Can anyone Please tell me what am I doing wrong or what the problem is causing this to happen???

A:Media sharing option keeps shutting off by itself

I assume you are talking about Media Player setup. Did you see this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-sharing-option-keeps-shutting-off-by-itself.192232/
Relevancy 21.5%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi so for starters this is my rig AMD A - K Quadcore Gigabyte F A M D H rev motherboard X GB Corsair Gaming Memory DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB TB HDDs So anyway I ve noticed that my performance was pretty strangely bad with games these days I just haven t had much time to play but now it became stuck .924v at A8-5600k and 1400mhz terribly clear some games like Outlast and Dark Souls had low fps at times my friend s PC which has an AMD ghz dual core processor and a GT with GB RAM does far better he can run Outlast all A8-5600k stuck at 1400mhz and .924v very high with stable FPS I ve rocking it at medium and it still dips to fps Both of us were puzzled by this because HD is far superior to GT and the A - K can clearly be seen in benchmarks everywhere to outperform that processor of his significantly as well After doing a stress test of my A - k with prime or even AMD Overdrive torture tests either Overdrive or CPU-Z would display that the clock speed is only mhz and the voltage is or a bit more like x and it would just be stuck like that during the tests So it points to my processor not running like it should So maybe it s my A8-5600k stuck at 1400mhz and .924v board I ve disabled C APM cool n quiet set turbo to ghz in BIOS it s still does the same thing I ve even tried disabling turbo and overclocking with the BIOS to ghz or even ghz as well still stuck at mhz Game performance still weirdly bad What should I do nbsp

A:A8-5600k stuck at 1400mhz and .924v

Do you have the ability to disable the onboard graphics for the A8-5600K from within your Bios (or) change the graphics over to PCI-E only? Also, check the Windows Power Management and make sure that it is not limiting the maximum cpu percentage (or set to balanced or power saver modes - you want Performance mode). Not the only solutions, but try these first and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a8-5600k-stuck-at-1400mhz-and-924v.202942/
Relevancy 19.78%

My laptop had headphones plugged in because I was watching a film but while I was in another room my laptop was knocked onto the floor around - ft drop change mic to a HD audio headphones Realtek port? port a manager, landing on the headphones jack the wire is fine but the ports completely broken I can see cracks and its loose and everything The laptop has Realtek HD audio manager and in my experience of this program on other desktops I ve had I was able to change Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? what port does what My laptop only has a headphones port and Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? a mic port and I would like to see if I can switch the mic port to be the headphones port because I never use an external mic however in Realteks audio manager I can t find out how to do this In pictures I ve seen on the internet there is a quot Device Advanced Settings quot button as seen in this picture http www vistax com attachments ealtek-hd-audio-driver-version-hd manager jpg but my program doesn t have this Do I need to download a newer version of the software or is it just not possible to change my mic port to be my headphone port I dont mind if I have to use third party software I just want it to tide me over till I can get it sent away Thanks for suggestions greatly appretiated nbsp

A:Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port?

I doubt very much if this will be possible. The mic and headphone ports are wired directly to the Audio section of the motherboard, there connections cannot be altered.

Your best bet is to get the damaged port repaired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-change-a-mic-port-to-a-headphones-port.166497/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi every one this is my first thread and I'm having a problem with my laptop so plz help me

there is a strange processes in the task manger called diduytt.exe there is more than one but with the same name I can end all the processes except the last one I cant end it
but after a while these processes start coming up again and my laptop start to heat up and I located
the place of the processes every time I delete it it dose come back again

A:There are strange processes in the task manager

Not sure here but you may have a virus. Have you tried running a virus scan?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-strange-processes-in-the-task-manager.201364/
Relevancy 33.97%

Yesterday, I started a download and kept the pc on with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External HDD 1TB plugged in. After I woke up I realized that there was a power cut and the computer went off unexpectadly (I had no UPS or any backup system).And, I found that my Ext HDD was not seen in my computer anymore (It was working perfectly until before I went to bed).
In device manager, under 'Disks' it shows 'GoFlex Hard Disk', but in BIOS or Disk Manager there is no sign of this HDD.

I really need the data in the HDD badly. Please help me recover it.
P.S. I read somewhere that keeping the HDD in freezer might help and give a little more time. Is that true? Worth the risk?

A:External HDD gets detected in Device Manager but not Disk Manager or seen in 'My Computer'

Power outage probably killed something in the enclosure or its PSU. The drive in the enclosure is probably fine. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and put it in a dock or install it in a desktop computer before considering freezing it. Freezing is usually reserved for click of death drives, and a last ditch effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-gets-detected-in-device-manager-but-not-disk-manager-or-seen-in-my-computer.201343/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, today i just got a new 4gb memory stick to add to my computer, currently i have 2 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM sticks.(These were both Kingston Memory Sticks) I then added a 4gb DDR3 1333 Ram stick (Crosshair) to the motherboard and made sure they were firmly placed in and it was all fine, I then turn on the computer and find that the motherboard starts beeping once then two beeps after and the Screen is blank, and my mouse & keyboard aren't responding. My current OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, so i shouldn't have a problem installing new ram to my system...
I'm not sure if this is a problem with 2 different brands of sticks or what.. but the fans are running for my Graphics card (I don't have onboard graphics available)

Specs
AMD 1055t X6
ASUS M5A99XEVO Motherboard
ATI Radeon 5570
Kingston

Any help anyone? Thanks
-Joe

A:Problems with RAM installation

The motherboard does not like that 4GB module. Have you tried the 4GB by itself? If the 4GB module won't run the computer you'll have to stick with 2GB modules. How many memory slots are on the motherboard? ASUS motherboards are notorious for being very picky about memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ram-installation.179890/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have an external hard disk of Samsung 650GB which got damaged when I was transferring some files to my pc through it. Now when I connect to any PC or Laptop it shows the safely remove icon but there is no letter assigned to it and also doesn't show up in My Computer though it can be seen in Disk Management.

I tried Mini Tool Partition Wizard but when I create a new partition it stops at 90%. I tried wiping out the partition but to no avail.

Is there any solution for it??? Please help.

A:Creating A New Partition Or Wiping A Partition On External Hard Disk Stuck

I would check the manufacturers site for a windows utility to low level format it. If you cannot find a utility to do that on manufacturer's site, then try this: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/ to wipe the drive. WARNING!! this will destroy all data on the selected hard drive!! be very careful when selecting a drive to wipe that you don't inadvertently select the wrong disk. After a low level format, unplug the drive, plug back in, windows should detect as a new, virgin, drive and it'll prompt you to format it. Format it and hopefully everything will be fine from here on out for you.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creating-a-new-partition-or-wiping-a-partition-on-external-hard-disk-stuck.198811/
Relevancy 20.21%

HDD 1 tb Seagate hardisk not working,is not visible in the laptop, can b seen in device manager for 1min then gets disconnected automatically and the light on the hard disk starts blinking

A:HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

If the system worked before with this drive, I would say the drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-hardisk-not-working-not-visible-in-the-laptop-visible-in-device-manager-for-1min-then-disconnect.198749/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All,
Firstly thanks for reading, I wanted to build a new system some time ago but circumstances have pretty much stopped that for now so I have decided to just update a few things in my old work horse starting with the hard drive, I have with your advice on an old thread purchased a Samsung SSD 840 along with W7 Pro 64bit. I assume I just unplug my existing drives and plug this one into sata 1 and install the OS ?? or do I, is there a procedure I need to be aware of first, I.e. bios settings etc ?
Thanks for any advice as I am a total noob with SSD's, it came with a disk also, do I need this ?
Cheers,
Lee.

A:First ssd installation procedure ?

You've got it right. Just make sure to enable AHCI mode in the BIOS.

And don't ever defrag it haha.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-ssd-installation-procedure.198432/
Relevancy 20.64%

Afternoon Ladies & Gents!

I've spent a few hours on researching this topic. I can't seem to find what I'd need.

Currently I'm looking for a solution. I have about 50 franchised offices. We've played a TV in each of them. Is it possible to put a device in each office and have a "Server" type device to push content over a VPN to them? Also naturally display this on the TVs.

Any comments or points in a direction would be much, much, appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Client-Server Media Streaming

Perhaps a Slingbox would work for this?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6187809_multiple-viewers-slingbox.html
http://www.slingbox.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/client-server-media-streaming.198059/
Relevancy 20.64%

This will be my first computer build, so I am pretty much lost on where to start even. I want to build a PC that is set up for some mild gaming, I'm not talking about running huge games just something like garry's mod. I also want it to be something I can use for music and movies, something that I can hook up to surround sound and will have good sound and something that isnt going to be sluggish while I'm using it. I feel like it would be pretty simple, and I also have a custom built computer that my motherboard just went out on (I did not build it) so I will be able to use some parts from that. So, any suggestions on what parts would suit me the best and what I need?

A:Wanting to build media PC and slight gaming

Can you post an amount you would like to spend on the machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-build-media-pc-and-slight-gaming.196460/
Relevancy 20.64%

While transportation, probably my Harddisk must have moved or something, now I cant access it.
I have a Western Digital 1TB HD, and a Western Digital 500 GB HD.
Here's an image explaining whats going on! Can anyone help me with this?

A:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

The message

pxe-61: media failureClick to expand...

is telling you that

the CD has nothing mounted which is bootable
the HD has nothing that is bootable
so it tries to boot using the NIC interface and it too has failed
You need to investigate the MBR and the C:\ partition for validity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.196241/
Relevancy 20.64%

My media sharing option constantly keeps turning off by itself even after I have reset it to share my media on all networked (4) computers and even while watching movies from another computer on my network, I have also enabled media sharing thru Windows media player and it still cuts itself off! can anyone help with this issue??

A:Networking: Media Sharing option turns off

Which version of Windows do you have? Make sure services for media share are enabled.
You might have to

press start key + r at the same time then type: services.msc

Computer Browser (started/manual)

DHCP Client (started/auto)
DNS Client (started/auto)

Function Discovery Resource Publication (started/auto)

start/auto/enable Homegroup Listener
start/auto/enable Homegroup Provider

Network Connections (started/manual)
Network List Service (started/manual)

Peer Name Resolution Protocol (started/manual)
Peer Networking Grouping (started/manual)
Peer Networking Identity Manager (started/manual)

SSDP Discovery (started/manual)

Also check on your system for software that is disabling sharing just our right like cleaners all-in-one does it because in theory suppose to reduce over head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-media-sharing-option-turns-off.195825/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey there I own a Samsung laptop the model is NP E C I left my computer on the couch rushed off to work and came home to find it on the ground I figured it fell off the couch which is about a foot off the ground When I turned it on the fan was making a loud noise and it was clearly damaged or out of alignment Instead of spending money taking it in I decided to have a look and popped the back off I took the fan off and cleaned it and then put it back However the hard drive was connected to the back cover by a little plug which went into the motherboard so I took that off in order to screw the fan back in place I put the cover back on and tried to put the hard drive chord thingy into stuck menu at Computer boot the motherboard again but it seemed a bit loose I then turned the computer Computer stuck at boot menu on after screwing everything back and now it only goes to the boot menu and no matter what I do whether it be changing the settings back to default Computer stuck at boot menu or trying to keep that plug stable nothing will get me to Windows Did I take something apart that was not supposed to come off nbsp

A:Computer stuck at boot menu

Seriously? No one has any advice? lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stuck-at-boot-menu.194260/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently purchased a TB External HDD for work and I cannot access it media" HDD, 7 "no External will computer ryecognize Windows Samsung not through quot My Computer quot Following is the situation - Plugged in the SATA and recognized drive and downloaded most current drivers - Recognized by computer in quot Disk Management quot as the device is running properly - Attempted changing the drive letter with no resolution I tried every letter change from F to Z - Recognized in the quot Disk Management quot window but has printed below it quot No Media quot - Attempted USB Clean Up but this didn t resolve the problem - Tried on a different Windows computer with the same issue - Trouble shot all of the cables and USB ports with no resolution - Tried several different configurations for plugging unplugging restarting etc with no resolution - Installed and ran most recent Windows Update - Went to product website with no resolution Please if you have any suggestions or recommendations please help Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" I do need this very much for Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" work nbsp

A:Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media"

What Manufacturer and Model is the HDD? Also, on Windows 7, I believe the max partition size a computer can recognize is 1TB, so a suggestions is using Disk Management, seperate it into separate partitions of 750 gb or so, then just link them in a RAID configuration. This will allow Windows 7 to recognize it as a single drive, but will also allowed you to use the full 3TB of space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-samsung-computer-will-not-ryecognize-external-hdd-no-media.192310/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, so my integrated webcam isn't showing up and I'm trying to confirm whether it's died or not. I know the first step is to go to the manufacture's website, but as an Asus user I wasn't able to find anything to help me solve this problem asides from this model knowledge base.
http://support.asus.com/knowledge.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=225&m=N71Jq&os=&hashedid=hUn2kMS4sU3z3kUV

Here's my Device Manager Data link below (first time using mediafire so let me know if it works)
http://www.mediafire.com/?859fft7ex08dunwz99c1c9b88e7gorp

Model info:
ASUS N71Jq
Windows 7 x64

Thanks so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-webcam-not-appearing-in-device-manager.192438/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I purchased a seagate tb drive Installed it and using windows bit disc management I was able to see the drive in two partitions - tb and tb They were MBR at 2tb 4tb disk stuck Used a utility called EaseUS Partition Manager I converted the type to GPT It saw tb so I hit the quick format and for some reason it made it a tb partition I could not get back the remaining tb s Seagate s Discwizard previously was also able to see two partitions but now it only sees the tb and says there is nothing else and cannot fix the problem Tried to fix it using Minitool s Partition Wizard Windows Disc Manager doesn t seem to have a tool to address this problem - it only sees one partition at tb s Can t seem to go beyond the tb partition or get the rest of the tb s back in any form that I could see allocated or unallocated or Can someone direct me to a tool or method that could fix this I would ideally like to have one partition for the full tb s Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4tb disk stuck at 2tb

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2581408

If it is only seeing the 2 TB then it is back to being MBR.
I suggest deleting the entire partition and making sure it is GPT.
If this still does not resolve the issue I would return it as defective and try a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4tb-disk-stuck-at-2tb.192122/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,

I've had a problem with my speakers for a while. They will just stop working if I skip forward a few songs on iTunes. They also stop working when I skip forward in time in a song in iTunes, or when I skip forward in time on youtube videos.

Disabling and enabling the speakers in playback devices usually fixes this problem. Restarting my computer always fixes the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Volume Stops Working When Using Audio/Video Media

Can you tell me what is under the "Sound, video and game controllers" tab in device manager like this:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-stops-working-when-using-audio-video-media.191962/
Relevancy 23.65%

My ASUS EEE PC laptop keyboard has gone crazy. A few months ago I noticed that keys were getting stuck randomly, typing all Cs or colons or commas. I could usually clear this problem with the delete key and the problem would stop for a while during the session but it would eventually come back.

Then a few weeks later I notice that some of the keys would not work at all. Again this was random as some days certain keys wouldn't work and then other day they would start working again. Recently many of the keys completely stopped working.

A couple days ago eith one key either sticks or the whole keyboard won't work.

I have tried using canned air, popping keys off and cleaning them and even resetting the ribbon. I have now attached a USB keyboard and disabled the notebook keyboard and this is working but it is a bit of a hassle.

A:Keyboard keys are intermitantly stuck or not working

Perhaps I am jumping the gun on this one, but it sounds like this is a permanent hardware issue that will require either a new keyboard or mobo.

Have you tried going into device manager and completely uninstalling the drivers for the built in keyboard, then restarting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-are-intermitantly-stuck-or-not-working.155963/
Relevancy 24.08%

I upgraded my cpu to a 3GHz cor2duo E6850 from a E4500 2.2GHz
now my pc is stuck on bios logo screen.

When it powers with the new CPU I get one beep then it just sticks on bios logo screen, I left it for 20 minutes.

So I put my old CPU back in and updated bios then it stuck on logo screen witch ever CPU I used.
So then I tried to reset cmos, that's when it really crapped out, no beeps no display.
so then I took my cmos battery out and drained the board put my old processor back in and (thank god) it booted into windows.

Bad CPU?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard is a foxconn 45cmx (Bios has been updated)

A:New CPU PC stuck on BIOS logo

Anyone have any thoughts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-pc-stuck-on-bios-logo.190674/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I bought a new CPU installation problems CPU an AMD Phenom II x socket AM absolutely not AM which I read was compatible with my AM socket GA-MA X-UD P a Gigabyte brand board So I tried installing it and when it booted up it got to the BIOS boot screen CPU installation problems I think its called a Post screen and it either sits there or restarts itself in perpetuity I let it sit there doing that for about minutes to see what the problem is and it seems that particular CPU was only compatible after a BIOS update So I throw the old CPU back in download atBios and the update install put the new CPU back in but it hasn t really made a difference at all still sits at the BIOS boot atBios says the BIOS is up-to-date and there isn t anywhere in the BIOS itself to confirm that so the mobo and CPU should be friendly with eachother I want to know if there are any other factors I need to know or I ve skipped when doing this I thought it was a simple process of swapping them in and out but if there s more to it or my computer isn t up to scratch in some way I was hoping for some answers and maybe a solution Other specs Windows Pro x w PSU Gbs of Mhz DDR Corsair RAM Nvidia GTX My old CPU which I have running is an Athlon x Thanks in advance nbsp

A:CPU installation problems

You may have to upgrade your power supply to 650 watts or so...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-installation-problems.188722/
Relevancy 21.07%

Im looking to buy a media streamer. all I really need is DNLA support and non hd. im on a tight budget so ill be buying off ebay.

A:Media streamers

What about Roku?
http://www.roku.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-streamers.187767/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
wanting to get a media center PC, any suggestion?I have been looking at shuttle, ARCTIC and Apple...Macmini is a bit too expensive. Wondering if anyone know about the AMD APU Trinity A10 processor? Coz it seem to to the latest, which the MC101 from ARCTIC has it?
thanks,

A:Want to buy media center PC or HTPC

You already said you are getting the ARCTIC MC101 in this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-with-amd-apu-trinity-a10-4600m.181427/#post-1183102. I suppose you've changed your mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-media-center-pc-or-htpc.181431/
Relevancy 21.07%

At random times, the CTRL key on my laptop will act as if it is constantly pushed down. I am unable to type and it is annoying. I have turned off sticky keys, and have tried pushing both the left and right CTRL keys simultaneously to turn it off. The only solution is a reboot of the computer. Is there anyway I can fix this??

A:CTRL key "stuck" on laptop, Asus N55S series, Windows 7

It may be time to replace the keyboard. They're not expensive and relatively easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ctrl-key-stuck-on-laptop-asus-n55s-series-windows-7.186720/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have recently moved into my girlfriend s brother house and they have virgin fibre optic broadband The Superhub is the router that comes with it and im having so many problems trying to connect to it Im running Hub Super Virgin XP and Media Windows xp sp and have a Bt voyager pci wireless card Looking at the network Virgin Media Super Hub and XP connections it says that im connected with good signal but if I try to load a web page I get an error screen saing im not connected to the internet now at the moment the wireless seems to be working fine on my iphone and ipad Also if I plug my old laptop into the router via ethernet cable I have the same problem I can see im connected in network Virgin Media Super Hub and XP connections but cant load a web page I have tried changing all the encryption settings on the router and even disabling all encryption and I still have the same problem of being connected but with no internet Anyone got any more ideas I have tried everything I can think of and so far im just tethering my phone so I can at least use my pc nbsp

A:Virgin Media Super Hub and XP

Let's start with a wired connection and get that to be stable+reliable - - the wifi will then just fall into place.

WIRE a connection and disable the WiFi device

now get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

followup on this thread and attach the myTCP.txt file or copy/paste its content.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-media-super-hub-and-xp.186526/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey all. I have a realy irritating problem regarding the resolution being stuck in all games video options. I have my pc set up through HDMI to my 28" JVC TV which works fine when on desktop. I have the resolution at full hd 1080p. however in everygame I go on I cannot change the resolution to any higher then 640x480 and 720x480.
Never used to have this problem before and not sure what has happend as it never realy gets used. I tried to switch from HDMI to VGA and it still happends.

I am using windows XP 32 bit and have installed all the latest drivers on my hd5770.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated as im completely stumped at this!
Thanks.

A:Resolution stuck at 640x480 and 720x480 in video options

Have you tried another video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-stuck-at-640x480-and-720x480-in-video-options.182495/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi -
My wife's laptop has a sticky "x" key. If it was a laptop then I could switch in another keyboard. The key works, a little, but is quite annoying. Are there standard tricks to fixing this?

Thanks so much.

A:Stuck "x" key

a HAMMER ? :sigh: Sorry for the cheap joke at your expense, but this happens all the time with laptops.
A roommate has the 'M' all over the place immediately upon logon (sometimes during messing up the pwd).

Plan on a trip to the PC Repair Shop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-x-key.183955/
Relevancy 23.65%

I used to DBAN the other day the wipe my hard drive, completely forgetting that I needed a driver for it before I can install Windows. But I'm not particularly sure if I need the original driver, or if I can just use another program to partition the drive. I'm currently in the process of trying to get GParted to run on my bootable Linux (which is proving to be a real problem) so I wanted to know if it's even worth wasting my time if it's not what needs to be done. What's the best way to get a hard drive back into working order?

A:Wiped the hard drive, now I'm kinda stuck

Your question is vague and leaves open many assumptions. Let's try to clarify what you are asking...

Is this drive you wiped the main drive in your computer?!? Windows Xp and newer allows partitioning during the windows install process, so gparted may not be needed.
Why do you need Gparted?? Gparted should boot if you have a bootable linux disk with the application on it. Simply make sure the CD rom is the first in the boot order and it should boot to the disk.
The best way to get a drive back in working order is the format it. I recommend NTFS if it's windows, HFS+ if it's a Mac, and let linux partition however it wants to - different flavors of linux will partition & format as they see fit.

if you need a drive to install windows, generally the manufacturer has the necessary drivers on their web site to download to a floppy or a usb key & then during the install of windows it will prompt you to put in the "3rd party RAID or Controller drivers"

Hope this helps, please reply so we can help you out further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wiped-the-hard-drive-now-im-kinda-stuck.184396/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a service that will 're-stream' a broadcast from a low-bandwidth server so that many more people can access it.

I figured I would use something like Windows Media Encoder 9 for the initial low-bandwidth server to a service with high-bandwidth so hundreds or thousands can access it.

Specifically, I am trying to rebroadcast an actual radio station onto the web. They have very slow connection or I'd point everyone directly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-rebroadcasting.183475/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've been having this problem for the past week.
In CPU-Z the core speed , bus speed , HT link are ALL on very low settings. PC feels very sluggish
I've resetted the BIOS , disabled AMD C&Q , I dont know what to do anymore.

I've tried stressing the CPU but the max core speed I seen was 300-350 mhz on core speed from CPU-Z stressing with prime 95.

Thinking about RMA'ing this MOBO
Any ideas ?
Screenshot below from Cpu-z CPU tab & Memory tab

my specs:
MSI 790xt-g45
4 gb ddr2 g. skill 1066
msi 7870 gpu
500 gb hdd

A:X4 965 CPU stuck at 100MHz

The DRAM frequency looks low. Did you RMA the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x4-965-cpu-stuck-at-100mhz.183019/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I'm wondering whether this RAM: Kingston KHX1600C9D3

Will work with this motherboard: AsRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard

I'd greatly greatly appreciate any help!

A:Will this RAM work with this motherboard? I'm completely stuck?

Yes, that is DDR3-1600 RAM.

That motherboard accepts a maximum of 32GB using up to four sticks of DDR3 2100(OC)/1866*/1800*/1600*/1333/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-ram-work-with-this-motherboard-im-completely-stuck.181877/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi somebody can help me ? when i try to install soundmax appears
The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC restart now then run this setup again.
But this driver i had it before reboot my pc and now it doesnt work.
My audio is integrated in motherboard and the motherboard is asus p5lo2.
Thanks!!

A:SoundMax installation error

Download this driver - the blue download button.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...us-Realtek-ALC882-Audio-Driver-51005125.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-error.178195/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a GF a mobo I bought installation Details issue. inside. RAM some ram a while back and recently one of the sticks kinda stopped working so I sent for a replacement During that time I had gig sticks of ram in this mother board working fine Today I got my replacement stick from kingston and I put it in the th slot and went to boot the computer It would start up but no display on the screen and none of my usb hardware mouse keyboard would come on I removed the stick went back to my old RAM installation issue. Details inside. configuration and got the same issue Finally I started changing how many sticks I RAM installation issue. Details inside. had in what configuration and found that if I had only sticks in the computer would start fine no matter which sticks were in But as soon as I go to add a rd stick of RAM no matter which stick it is I would get the same issue as above Computer starts but no display or USB What could this problem be nbsp

A:RAM installation issue. Details inside.

What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-installation-issue-details-inside.176029/
Relevancy 23.65%

A friend of mines samsung laptop keyboard is having a problem with the z key. when you open word or log on to the computer it acts like it is stuck and just types out the letter continuously but when you press the key physically nothing happens please help

A:Laptop keyboard key acting like its stuck but unresponsive when pressed

Sounds like it could be a bad switch on the letter Z.
Read these before "experimenting". I just googled "dell laptop keyboard and key sticks"
http://askville.amazon.com/unstick-key-laptop-keyboard/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=2278570
http://www.ehow.com/how_2107252_fix-sticking-laptop-keys.html
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1077151.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-key-acting-like-its-stuck-but-unresponsive-when-pressed.175761/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just got a brand new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system for my laptop.

These speakers have amazing ratings, and my friends who have had them before said the ones they had sounded amazing for them, and yet they, like me, notice the following problem in mine.

The bass is great, but for some reason my system seems too bassy. Like I know I can turn down the subwoofer, but it's as if all the low/bassy sounds are always drowning out the higher/vocals, which always seem to be a bit dulled down.

I have a Lenovo Y560p laptop with Realtek HD Audio. I was thinking perhaps I have this sound problem because it doesn't let me select 2.1 for my settings, and it's stuck on "stereo". I've tried downloading and installing drivers from Realtek's website.

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager + 2.1 speakers - not working right

bump................................................

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-2-1-speakers-not-working-right.175565/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi - i was just playing music on my dell latitude e4300 via bluetooth to a belkin bluetooth receiver connected to stereo.

somehow the connection got dropped - during a phone call on a land line. may be irrelevant.

now, i cannot get bluetooth connection back. there is no bluetooth icon in the system tray.

i cannot find 'bluetooth' devices in start>control panel> devices
--i have 2, and both ought to be there.

i unplugged bluetooth receiver, and had win 7 search for devices to add - no luck.

sure, i can reboot, and everything will probably come back.
but i am hoping for a better answer. i don't want to have to reboot every time the bluetooth connection gets lost.

i searched the web for a little, but only found unrelated posts, or posts with no answer. THANKS!

A:Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

bluetooth light/icon on laptop, not screen is on; no bt

ok, i rebooted, thinking the bluetooth icon would again be in system tray, with the red in the middle, showing i have bluetooth capability, but that sound is not currently being directed to bluetooth.

no icon.

the dell laptop does have bluetooth icon illuminated on the laptop, just above the function keys - not on the screen at all / not in sys tray.

the bluetooth receiver is on, is working.

'add a device' is not finding this bt thingie.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-connection-lost-icon-gone-from-system-tray-not-in-device-manager.175310/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ordered parts for my first-time PC build and unfortunately my liquid cooling unit is arriving last now I assume my PC will run fine without it as long as I don t overclock is there any reason why I installation cooler help Liquid should wait before building Liquid cooler installation help it I do plan on overclocking then although I need help doing that as well Also all the guides about building a PC I looked at made no mention of additional cooling units so I was hoping someone could point me to one or advise me Here is my build and I bolded the cooling unit I am getting Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:Liquid cooler installation help

CPU gets hot while it's running, even when it's not over-clocked. You can use the stock cooler until the H100 arrives. Before replacing the stock cooler w/ the Corsair, you'll need to remove residual thermal compound on the CPU. Looks like the H100 has thermal compound pre-applied.

There's a brief installation video on Corsair's site, have you checked it out?
http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-cooler-installation-help.174877/
Relevancy 22.36%

Upon dismantling my laptop I discover that the cpu is pasted to a copperish sheet which is in turn attached to the underside of the fan housing. I'm assuming the three pieces are connected with thermal paste.
I am having trouble reseating the cpu while attached to the fan so I wanted to dismantle it and seat it and reattach to fan housing with thermal paste.
Am I on target here with my thought processes or is there something tricky in this manuevering I am overlooking or ignorant of?

A:PCG-FRV37 CPU installation

Vaio PCG_FRV37 cpu fan

So do I pry up these cpu and copper heat sink or just slowly drop alcohol to loosen the compound? On the reverse side to reseat the cpu since the pins were bent on removal ( not expecting this type of setup) I have to try and straighten the pins...sink the cpu and then layer the compound, heat sink, compound then fan housing on top. Am I on track here? I've attached a pic of the fan. I could just sometimes kick these designers that make it more difficult for us....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcg-frv37-cpu-installation.174707/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I have something visible on the screen which I can best describe as pixels which brightness is slightly more than the rest of the screen.

I can't say it is dead pixel, because the color changes appropriately to what is viewed making it difficult to spot. So it isn't color stuck, but more like brigtness stuck.

I think the correct term is brightness burnout or something.

Anyway is there a way to fix these? I know there are a couple of pixel testing software ad some say they repair them. Do these software actually repair them or hide them? How could a software fix something like stuck pixels?

Regards

Mike

A:How to fix stuck pixels on PC screen?

Theres a few methods i have read about.

Putting a SMALL amount of presure on the offending pixel with your finger.

Using a video like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GwrHzjgFtw ( Seizure warning, contains strobing)

Never had a dead pixel so no idea if any of these actually work, but the you tube comments seem hopefull.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-stuck-pixels-on-pc-screen.173666/
Relevancy 22.79%

Suddenly one of my hdds dropped from windows it shows as failed in disc management and cant be reactivated from there Tho its seen in a bios boot and in device manager even says device is working properly When i checked bios i did it in ways with and w out bad hdd hooked up To hook it up i unplugged a working sata port - ST As- HDD BIOS device can't in but and manager it access seen GB and hooked problem HDD to that sata port when i rebooted into bios and checked what i seen on port was now ST AS- GB Does this seemingly point to fact this is the problem HDD being seen in bios now i decided to check Ie Device manager and it shows ata devices named ST AS so to assure myself i boot down HDD seen in BIOS and device manager but can't access it unhook problem drive and reboot now in device manager disc drives i see only one named ST AS when i re hook the problem hdd device manager shows both again So it appears device manager and bios see this HDD thats giving me nite mares i ve tried active undelete and BadCopy Pro But obv theyd fail as windows isnt seeing this drive As in my re search of last several weeks ive heard the SATA drive may be taking itself off line if Windows try to access it too much and that a sata usb bay cable s may sort me out here as im told some have had success when hooked in the traditional way a sata drive fails If this is possible i wont mind another purchase but the software has already set me back a fair bit PS ive seen the youtube video on swapping out the pcb but im also told matching a pcb is near impossible and it shows no physical damage i can see it seems a huge long shot its the pcb i also hear drive getting power and once or x i heard access noise Any further direction in this matter is appreciated Cheers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-seen-in-bios-and-device-manager-but-cant-access-it.173486/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hay all This is my first post here so first of HELLO all members of techspot I hope some of u would spere some neurons for my question c-media USB STATIC SLI M2N-E cm6501 Audio I have a strage problem with my USB Audio quot c-media cm quot on a M N-E SLI mobo sometimes my audio just jumps to horible static it hapents for no reason so i testet the M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC drivers in windows x but there ok when i boot up my debian OS its the same problem quot STATIC quot so this rules out a driver problem i ones had this problem before I thought it was broken hardware so it put in a PCI audio card M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC and disabled it in the BIOS and whent on with my life after a while i M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC removed the pci card an jakt it back in the onboard audio and it WORKT agean the STATIC was gone and today the problem is BACK so what i did --checked the driver s linux and windows --bios UPDATE to latest revision --checkt BIOS settings --turnt usb audio on and off in the bios --cleant the audio jack s but stil have the problem my pci audio card is bricked so can t use that anymore does someone have a tip on how to fix this nbsp

A:M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC

Get a dedicated sound card my friend. gl USB audio will give horrible DPC latency....thx, gl,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m2n-e-sli-usb-audio-c-media-cm6501-static.172407/
Relevancy 24.51%

htt p w ww techspot com vb topic html What was the fix please I ve had the same problem with the same mobo I wish I could have multiplier on CPU stuck 4x sent a PM or even posted on the thread but I can t send him a PM because I have no post count and I can t post in the thread since it got locked First home-built computer and it was working fine I overclocked it to was working fine for a bit then crashed brought it back down to figured that d be safe worked fine for a bit and then suddenly in game it crashed on me Ever since then no luck it s stuck on x multiplier and mhz and I can t figure it out I m fine with just default but this is of what default is supposed to be cpu Phenom II X CPU stuck on 4x multiplier Black Edition Deneb GHz mobo GIGABYTE GA- XA-UD AM AMD X Help please edit wow I can t even post a link to that thread Lame I m just trying to get some help nbsp

A:CPU stuck on 4x multiplier

Umm, basically the CPU fan wasn't spinning because ... umm ... I forgot to plug it in. The CPU throttled itself, which was why the multiplier was stuck at X4. I doubt that was your problem, but hope this helps anyway....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-stuck-on-4x-multiplier.172319/
Relevancy 20.64%

So when I start up my laptop, it tells me that windows did not start successfully.

As soon as I pick a command, it blue screen.
Can I do anything to fix this?

A:Windows XP Media Center Edition problem

What are Blue Screen error codes and do they list any drivers? Have you been infected lately? Installed any new hardware? How old is this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-media-center-edition-problem.171035/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all i have what porbably are dumb questions but i need clarification all the same please i just bought a XFX HD GPU upon your recomendation and was wondering if i should uninstall all the nVidia stuff in add and remove except the driver before i remove the card or just remove the card install my new one then uninstall the nvidia stuff I have a spare gigabyte GT GPU which i would like to give to my dad as he has an old Pack-Bell iMedia which he uses in the lounge to watch Uninstall for installation? drivers fresh GPU films on and browse the net Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation? The PSU in this old machine is only a watt and the GT reqiures a w minimum but as he wont be playing games or doing any photo editing etc only watching mp films would the PSU still power it reason i ask is it has a HDMI connection and his stock card is the old blue pin plug so i thought is would get a better pic using my new card also the GT is mb and the stock one is only mb Your thoughts please Thanks Lee nbsp

A:Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation?

1. Yes, you can remove all the Nvidia components through Add/Remove, although it's probably easier to download a utility such as Driver Sweeper which will remove the driver, PhysX, HD audio, Update etc in one move... Just remember that the system will likely revert to a lower VGA (640 x 480) screen resolution.
You can then power down, replace the card and install the driver/catalyst control centre etc.
Once you're up and running it would pay to bring up the Device Manager, click the "View" tab and check "Show hidden devices", then expand the "Display adapters" heading. If your previous card shows up -right click and select uninstall.

2. You say that your dad's computer is an "old Pack-Bell..". Power supplies gradually lose their effective output over time as components in the power supply wear, so his 250w PSU is likely much less. The GT210 isn't a power hog by any means (30.5w max) but picking up a suitable (and relatively cheap) PSU might be a good investment in any case, especially if the computer/PSU are 5+ years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstall-drivers-for-fresh-gpu-installation.170189/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a WD external USB 2.0 HD. Yesterday, there was a message on screen asking to update driver or something. I ignored it. Now, the HD is gone. It is not under device manager/disk drives. Everything under universal serial bus controllers works properly.

I downloaded HDD Scan and ran it. It did not find the drive. What can I do now?

A:External USB 2.0 HD not seen in device manager

Try this:

1. Uninstall your USB Mass Storage Device then Scan for Hardware Changes.
2. Clear your Mountpoint. You can use Autorun Protector (req .NET2.0) or delete all Mountpoints2 entries in regedit
3. Use DriveCleanup (posted by LookinAround)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-usb-2-0-hd-not-seen-in-device-manager.169828/
Relevancy 24.51%

So, I got a new LCD TV/monitor and it had a stuck pixel that was red set it back and got one with a blue stuck pixel this time. How do I fix this? I've tried several methods and none of them seem to work and I'm get frustrated.

Tried rubbing it through a cloth, tapping it with a pencil through a cloth, tried the color flasher things that claim to fix it and nothing. Is there a definitive method to fixing this?

A:How to fix a stuck pixel

Learn to ignore it, or return it if they have a "1 dead pixel" return policy. Some have a 3-5 minimum dead pixels policy before they will accept an RMA. IIR.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel.169220/
Relevancy 24.08%

I ve had this computer for about five years give or take the only thing different on it from factory is a new graphics card or two The current graphics stuck in Monitor standby card I ve had for almost a year or so My problem is suddenly Monitor stuck in standby out of nowhere no changes that I can think of my monitor started giving me issues One day when powering Monitor stuck in standby on my screen would turn on flash a normal computer start-up process and then go back to sleep-mode standby the power button is usually blue but orange during power save Sometimes like now I can get it to turn on and stay on but it takes a huge fight on my behalf I usually open something like control panel while pushing the on then off button repetitively every five seconds once it blackouts to get it to decide to stay on I haven t been able to figure out what makes it stay on but it is getting quite irritating If it goes into sleep mode the screen starts giving me issues again I have checked my video card driver I manually installed the latest from the Nvidia website Still having issues Here is what I m working with Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DXP BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTS Monitor Dell SE WFP Digital nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-stuck-in-standby.169022/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all I just finished updating Windows Ultimate on my studio computer labeled studio in my systems if you wish to see all specs and when I went to reboot it it displayed the error message quot PLEASE REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE quot So immediately I thought I must have the boot order wrong or the hard disc set to RAID or something Error: new "Please reboot select and media" build on proper boot What I ve done so far Tried to play with BIOS settings and SATA connections in every possible configuration - NO RESULT Tried to boot from Win disc in order to repair - got same message even when hard disc disconnected Took out one stick of RAM and tried both in both Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build slots - NO RESULT Checked all cabling and recabled entire system from ground up - NO RESULT Swapped out motherboard with a completely different brand new motherboard the MSi GTM-E - NO RESULT Repeated steps - with new motherboard - NO RESULT Checked hard drive multiple times and even booted from it attached to my MAIN computer Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build s motherboard - Hard drive totally operational no result for studio computer I need serious help on this one If anyone has any advice that I have not tried please please please help It is an older hard drive but has only been used with Win nbsp

A:Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build

Did you try running "fixmbr" or "fixboot" from the repair console? Here's a M$ support page on that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Are you saying that updating from Windows Update trashed the install?

Or, the BIOS in most new boards comes set to run as IDE. Have you tried setting the HDD to "AHCH". (I think that would be called directly, "SATA" in an AMD based board).

Plan "B" always involves trying to boot from a Linux CD to attempt to access and copy your data files, before a drastic measure like zeroing out the drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-please-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-media-on-new-build.168941/
Relevancy 21.5%

I had to recently install a new hard drive into a computer. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 3650 and I have been looking for drivers for it. Since the person who originally bought the card threw the box with the disc away i had to download the drivers and installation from online. I downloaded all the drivers and catalyst and when i go to install the products it appears to install and even says finished but when i look it doesnt seem to actually install anything at all even on a restart. The catalyst control center doesnt show up on my start menu and the graphics card still appears as uninstalled in the device manager. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is or how to fix it?

A:Radeon HD 3650 driver installation problems

Where did you download the drivers from?

If you haven't, get them from www.amd.com or www.amd.co.uk

Be sure to select express install during installation.

But before you try it again, remove the previous drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3650-driver-installation-problems.168822/
Relevancy 23.65%

Let me first start off by saying I have limited knowledge on PCs.

I was browsing the internet when out of nowhere it started acting up. McAfee popped up in the bottom of the screen and my laptop began lagging pretty bad. Well it got stuck at that point with absolutely no response to any commands so I powered it off. When attempting to power back on, it loaded about 2/3 of the way on the welcome screen, and then froze at that point. It repeatedly does this. Upon hitting ESC, it says that my system BIOS are shadowed and my video BIOS are shadowed. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Studio 15 laptop stuck at welcome screen

Can you get into the Windows Safe Mode, by pressing F8 repeatedly when the computer is starting up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-15-laptop-stuck-at-welcome-screen.168288/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi guys, I have just changed my desktop pc case to a opera media case, everything seems to run well accept, my DVD writer, when I check my computer it now shows the DVD writer as a cd, where it used to show it has a DVD writer with it's samsung name, and now it won't recognise my dvd's, also my second he'd is not showing in my list of drives, but on start up it's listed as the SATA 2 drive ?, anyone can help please, thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-media-pc-case-problems.166464/
Relevancy 24.08%

I've tried installing numerous operating systems including:
Fedora 14 (x86 and 64 bit)
Ubuntu 9.10 (x86 and 64 bit)
Windows 7 (64 bit)

the issue is the box stops at a black screen with a blinking cursor (linux) or the windows 7 loading screen depending on OS.

my parts are as follows:
MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX
ASUS GeForce GTX 460

The memory passes memtest86+ after 4 hours

I cant seem to isolate the problem down to one part
any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
i have a hunch that its the power supply not being able to handle everything but cant seem to verify

A:Stuck at black screen during install

I would try removing as many non-essential things from the machine to start with (sound cards, maybe half your RAM, USB devices other than kb+mouse, firewire devices, etc.) Also, you might want to check your bios to see if there's a special setting for memory while installing an OS. I doubt your problem is your powersupply if you can run for 4 hours on a memtest and I doubt it's really the mem if you're not getting any failures. Last thing I'd try is swapping out a video card - I did have an issue once where I'd freeze and couldn't believe it was the video card causing it till I popped that card into another machine and the same thing happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-black-screen-during-install.166272/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have seen similar problems to mine but Realtek Audio HD jack not unplugged Manager recognizing not exactly the same I am using windows home Realtek HD Audio Manager not recognizing unplugged jack prem bit Motherboard H m with a Gateway dx - e All drivers are up to date as of - - I m new to the forum so please forgive any ignorance on my part All was working fine until yesterday When front jack detection Realtek HD Audio Manager not recognizing unplugged jack is enabled with Realtek HD manager I can t hear my speakers but my headphones work When I disable it the speakers work as do the headphones if plugged in The funny thing is when I enable the detection it is showing that on the front panel headphone speakers that there is still a jack plugged in and also shows where I actually have the speakers plugged in and that is the rear jack I assume that is why I can t hear any sound from the speakers I don t know why it doesn t respond when I unplug the headphones Note that it detects all of the other jacks when something is plugged in or unplugged Any help would greatly be appreciated nbsp

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager not recognizing unplugged jack

Have you installed all the Windows 7 updates including Service Pack 1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-not-recognizing-unplugged-jack.166216/
Relevancy 22.36%

recently had an unexplained incident out of the blue - an error msg appeared saying something like quot G drive corrupted run chkdsk quot - i could not access the G drive so i rebooted and chkdsk ran automatically on reboot this machine Logical (among fails other manager disk things) has hard drives one sata one ide with multiple partitions G is my main data partition also it s a well managed machine with AV firewall etc so it booted up again and all seemed fine i could access G drive ok except these are some of the issues i have now cannot connect to the logical disk manager service all the relevant services are set to auto and started so disk management is not available my backup software cannot see any drives dcom error many times in the system log The application-specific permission settings do not Logical disk manager fails (among other things) grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID F D- E C- D - C - EFFB F to the user NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE SID S- - - This CLSID corresponds to Microsoft WMI Provider Subsystem Secured Host i have worked through the MS fix for Logical disk manager fails (among other things) this without success dcom error many times in the system log The server A F E - CF - D -BF - ED did not register with DCOM within the required timeout in the registry this belongs to Windows Image Aquisition which i do not specifically use and the service Logical disk manager fails (among other things) is turned off anyway if i check the dependencies tab for any service i get the error Interface Class not registered google searches only seem to turn up partially related fixes have run sfc scannow but no change malwarebytes found no badies so a bit sad really just thought someone might have an idea or two nbsp

A:Logical disk manager fails (among other things)

You need to specify your OS and SP level. I am suggesting you could try system repair. Here is the Vista method. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212 XP is similar. I am not familiar with the Win7 version.

In the case of XP this wont be very effective unless you actually have the install CD with slipstream SP level as well.

Other possibilities are system restore to before the original error; and/or a deep scan for malware.

Failing all that, a complete system reinstall might be advisable, which is a pain in fundamental anatomical areas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logical-disk-manager-fails-among-other-things.165217/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently reformatted my os because of a virus. Now DVD's won't fill up the screen when I go into the full screen mode. There is a bar at the top and bottom of the screen. It also does it when streaming video from the internet in full screen mode.

A:Windows Media Player 11 won't play fullscreen

I understand that you recently killed off your hard drive and re-installed an O.S. But after the O.S. installation was complete, did we make sure that all the required video drivers were installed as well? Also seeing that you posted that this is about Windows Media Player, did you also go to a couple web sites and snooped around for some (codec) packages? Also you might want to go into Windows video setting, via the (display) or (display icon) in your (control panel) and see what your video settings are and maybe make the required adjustments.

Just a thought..................good luck in your quest for the answer!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-wont-play-fullscreen.163860/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Western Digital 250 GB external HD that had been working perfectly until yesterday afternoon. It has been making this repetitive whirring noise *not the clicking noise of death* and it died before I had a chance to copy the data onto another external. When I plug in the USB it makes the connection noise, but autoplay does not come up and it does not show up in my computer anymore. I did look in device manager and disk management and it does show up but it had no drive letter and it says unreadable. (I've attached a screenshot of this)

i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/aadickinson88/ss2.jpg
i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/aadickinson88/ss1.jpg

Is there any way I can recover the data off of it? Should I just take it out of the enclosure and hook it up to a desktop pc?

A:External hard drive broken shows up in device manager but not My Computer

It sounds like the drive itself is dead rather than the enclosure. The repetitive 'whirring' noise likely is immediately following the click of death, just the click is pretty quiet on a lot of notebook drives. If yours is a full size (3.5") drive in that enclosure, then perhaps you are right and the click of death isn't occurring.

In either case, its not going to hurt to hook it up internally, because even if it doesn't work you aren't any worse off than you are now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-broken-shows-up-in-device-manager-but-not-my-computer.163770/
Relevancy 20.64%

My os is wxp sp3 and I used to have vlc and it worked just fine till I got a virus and had to format/reinstall. Now the vlc has choppy video and audio. I have a 2.66 ghz processor with 1gb ram.

A:Choppy audio and video with VLC media player

This is almost certainly because of missing codecs to playback your files.
The correct ones were probably installed and worked before you formatted the pc, but they were deleted in the format.
There are several packs of codecs you can try to solve this, but one I have used with good results is at;
http://www.mediacodec.org/download/

also this one, but note it is 147MB to download;
http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Essentials-Media-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10662709.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-audio-and-video-with-vlc-media-player.163745/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello As stated in the title I get the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom The wide flat one IDE i think it is called doesn t change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself The other one sata for power is the f ckup No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant Yes installation disk another attempt DVD boot about failure, but a driver figure Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt out where and how to change that cable for Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt a new since it goes into the giant box under forgotten its name Now I have searched long and hard for solutions Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of Note I do not have the disk my comp asks for also a problem I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit This Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt time Im about to stress myself hairless over this All I want to do is to have a DVD-room its basic yet impossible gt gt gt Pls share your solutions the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused Here s some info System Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz bit windows Gb ram Motherboard GA-x -DQ ADVANCED BIOS FEAT First Hard Drive Second CD Room Third Disabled nbsp

A:Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yes-another-disk-boot-failure-but-about-a-dvd-driver-installation-attempt.163065/
Relevancy 24.08%

I just bought a new Samsung monitor and it has 1 stuck pixel. I tried applying pressure to it and it didn't do anything.

A:Stuck red pixel on Samsung monitor

Did you apply pressure during a full power on/off cycle?
I don't know if that still works, It's been years since I have tried it. If captaincranky finds this thread, He probably knows the best remedy or things to try....he's a bit of a monitor expert.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-red-pixel-on-samsung-monitor.161799/
Relevancy 23.65%

My friend's computer (which I'm using) is stuck at loading screen. It's a Toshiba Satellite 64-bit with Windows Vista. I told him to format but he refuses because he doesn't want to lose stuff he has.

I am currently on the Safe Mode with Networking, so anything you need me to do I can do from here, except install programs.

I tried to do a virus scan with avast!, but the computer shut down. Tried again, and it shut down again. It shut down when it was about 70% done, and it had found 18 infected files. I did another scan, but this time I stopped it when it had 11 infected files and moved them to chest. And now when I do the scan it shuts down on 4%.

Can this be the cause of my problem? Or is it another thing? Solutions?

A:Computer stuck at loading screen (Windows Vista)

Can this be the cause of my problem?Click to expand...

Yup. Start a new thread in the Malware forum on this site and the experts will help you to clean it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stuck-at-loading-screen-windows-vista.162967/
Relevancy 21.07%

I posted an hour ago about a problem I had trying to run GB k ultra drives in one of my personal computers with a mb controller a pci-x which I had connected to a PCI slot and had problems so that is out of the system until I get some answers and help problems not from the pci-x being in the PCI but - i don t know yet Anyway I am a hardcore media junkie including automation with speed I have a U case perfect setup to fit the drives in it however the k drives will only hold mb however the media is on my external drives all of them are maxed a bit over TB so building the U drives for a media box not so great or can it be tell me some ideas so I can build I am media setup? for a SCSI stuck right now not knowing what to do The speed will be fast much much faster then the fastest ide sata hdd even running at half the performance not being used for server related just personal home nbsp

A:SCSI for a media setup?

What are you actually asking for help with?

I don't see the point in 4 296MB hard disks - You might as well bin them! They might sound good, but anything that old, with that capacity is going to be slower than a brand new SATA2/3 hard disk. The speed of new disks will come from the bandwidth of the interface, which will be severely reduced on anything as old as the 296MB hard disk.

A mechanical hard disk with 7,200RPM spindle speed in a homeserver is more than adequate alongside gigabit ethernet at running HD with bandwidth to spare. 10K disks, or SSDs are totally unneeded, and would be pointless in your case anyway, as your external hard disks are going to be throttled by the USB connections they're connecting to the computer with, not the speed of the network (assuming gigabit).

A 1TB hard disk sits around Ł30-40 these days (probably the same money in Dollars), so no need to be looking elsewhere at faster stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/scsi-for-a-media-setup.162594/
Relevancy 18.06%

Have a "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error on a toshiba satelitte L455-S5975, Windows 7

Had to replace hard drive because orginal failed. Changed BIOS to boot CD/DVD drive first, then hard drive second, to load Windows. When I started laptop I received "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error. I changed BIOS to load the hard drive 1st, CD/DVD 2nd. same issue.
- BIOS does identify both HDD & CD/DVD drives.
- CD/DVD drive was working correctly right before the old HDD failed.

What else can I do?

Thanks.

A:"Pxe-e61: media test failure" error help

Go into your Bios and see if Network is in the boot order and disable it. Then try to boot again and post back what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-error-help.162394/
Relevancy 23.22%

Well I re-formatted the other day and have a problem that I ve never had before so here goes I currently have my Hi-Fi and Manager HD Realtek Audio my headphones plugged into my machine they used to work perfectly together I mean that the same sound off every program played into both of them at the same time If I didn t want to use my speakers I d simply Realtek HD Audio Manager turn the volume down on the front of it Now after re-formatting I can t get them to combine in Realtek HD Audio Manager I don t know if this is to do with RHDAM or if it s a Volume Mixer problem It s seriously starting to annoy me Even if I could just choose the programs that each device used So that I could put all programs onto both of them that would be great I m using the front Headphone and Mic socket for my headphones Pink amp Green For my Hi-Fi I m using the back black and pink sockets There are other sockets that I could use but I ve tried them all and to no avail The other colours just in case it s relevant are blue black green and bronze Can someone help me please Thank Realtek HD Audio Manager you P S I searched and couldn t find anything that related to this exact problem P P S I ve found that the same as before if I blow into my mic or move it the sound comes through my Hi-Fi speakers nbsp

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager

have you tried the 'connector retasking' by right click the jack in the RHDCPL, also the additional options :

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager.162224/
Relevancy 20.21%

I purchased a refurbished HP blank DVD-R on music not 11 Windows Player will Media burn DC Core Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Duo E GHz with a DVD -RW drive I am able to write music to a blank DVD-R using ImgBurn but Windows Media Player and will only write to a blank CD-R It will playback the DVD-R that I create on ImgBurn The DVD Device is HL-DT-ST Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R DVD RAM GH L The Operating System is XP Pro I had to purchase a DVD Decoder from Roxio in order to play a DVD movie in Windows Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Media Player Is there something else that I need to purchase to write music on a blank DVD-R Or is there some setting that needs to be changed Someone suggested that WMP does not write to DVD-Rs but I have WMP on a PC with Vista and it writes to a blank DVD-R with no problem I wrote to the DVD-R on the Vista PC and I was able to read it on the XP Pro PC I just cannot write it on the XP Pro According to Microsoft WMP is supposed to write an audio file to a Data Disk nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R

1. I would check current firmware version for the DVD and look for a firmware update
> Use Nero Infotool to see current drive info incl. firmversion and look if updates available

2. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

3. You might also try a DVD+R disc

/* EDIT */
Oh! i also just noticed you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum. Next time please post in the forum for topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-will-not-burn-music-on-blank-dvd-r.160814/
Relevancy 23.22%

hi guy's i just upgraded from windows vista to win.7 and everything was working fine till i went to my device manager then i found out that my coprocessor is not installed i have tried installing it automatically but to no avail please what driver is recommended for the coprocessor can Nvidia product work am using an amd sempron processor nvidia graphics 2gb ram 32bit operating system and window 7 ultimate operating system.

A:Coprocessor in device manager?

Not sure what component of your system that "Coprocessor" will be from. Do you have a cd or dvd that came with your system/motherboard? If not check what motherboard you have and go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for it. I would guess that would be the most likely culprit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coprocessor-in-device-manager.160571/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi i just recently installed a E8400 and i check on CPU-Z and the clock is stuck at 2ghz.

I look online and it tells me to turn off speed step but in my bios there is no option to do so.

My mobo is a 0RY007 from dell.

A:E8400 clock stuck at 2GHz in CPU-Z

There is no need to turn off speedstep.
Put your CPU under load, there is probably nothing wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e8400-clock-stuck-at-2ghz-in-cpu-z.160346/
Relevancy 20.21%

It appears that during a storm, my tower was damaged, affected, whatever. The tower will not turn on. However, the green light on the back below the electrical plug flashes when plugged up. I have tried making sure that the on off swich is making contact, and I plan to unplug all the electrical plugs that could have been affected and then seeing if it works, and plugging them back in one by one to see if one of them were damaged. I have been told that there is a fuse that could have been blown but I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?

I have also made sure that the surge protector has been reset, the outlet is fine, etc.

A:Storm surge on my HP mn1160 media center tower

I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?Click to expand...

internal to the PSU and nothing you would recognize if you saw it.
A good friend had this very same experience and we had to replace the PSU and all was just fine. Having suffered once, the user quickly added a UPS to the setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storm-surge-on-my-hp-mn1160-media-center-tower.160003/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,
I am using a Sony Vaio loaded with Windows 7 to try to connect, via my home wireless, to an Iomega home server. My other old laptop (running XP) just shows the Iomega as a normal file server, with folders and all my documents etc. Unfortunately the Vaio is only showing the Iomega as a 'Media Device' (in the network and sharing center).. and because of this, it will only open windows media player when I try to access it. How can I stop the server from showing up as a media device?
As a start (and after reading another forum post), I disabled the media streaming service within windows media player network sharing service.. but this hasn't worked.

Thanks..

A:Iomega server showing as media device

Right-click on the iomega server icon and select "properties" See if you can change the device type

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-server-showing-as-media-device.159347/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey this morning i put in a new video card xfx radeon hd and installed the software and drivers from the ati website It seems that the hdmi audio driver Audio manager Realtek HD gone! has screwed up my realtek audio I had the problem when I went from xp to win and installed the newest driver v it did not work so i found the cd that came with the computer and installed the old one v it was fine I ve tried to do that again by uninstalling the driver from the device manager but the problem is that the hd Realtek HD Audio manager gone! audio manager is never installed and not even seen in control panel I ve done the same in safe mode and no luck When i try to manually add hardware Realtek HD Audio manager gone! and select the version i get a blue screen of death the installs fine but there is no audio and no audio manager i used to be able to get the audio manager at least when i did this a year ago I ve system restored to a couple days back and still no luck this is driving me insane for hours now Any help will be appreciated Thanks dxdiag shows no audio the droidcam is for my android phone had that for a while that s not the problem Thanks img imageshack us img png nbsp

A:Realtek HD Audio manager gone!

its a problem with the radeon video card, it disables onboard audio. in bios settings change onboard audio from auto to enabled, save and exit. it will work.

what a waste of 5 hours

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-gone.158960/
Relevancy 20.21%

hp media center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in. will not go on. anyone know what this means?

A:HP Media Center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me.

Have you tried removing the battery completely, and then running it off of the mains lead only?

EDIT: I see google lists this as a PC, so the above doesn't apply.

Usually on a PC the blinking light is an indication that the computer is in sleep mode. If it won't power up, try removing the power cable, and then hit the power button (to discharge electrics) and then reconnect, and try powering it up then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-media-center-m1000-steady-blinking-light-when-plugged-in.158782/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all,

I'm interested in setting up a media server in my house where I can access pictures, music and video from devices throughout my house wirelessly. I have an old pc that I'd like to use. I also might be able to obtain an HP Proliant ML350 for this. That machine has I believe six HD bays so I'm going to try to get that one. Either way, I'm looking for a good overview of what I'm going to need to do to accomplish this. Does anyone know of a good link or perhaps you've done it yourself and can help. I have a Linksys E3000 that has a USB port that you can plug a media storage device into but I'm wondering if a server or PC can be plugged into a USB drive.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-server-help.158614/
Relevancy 21.93%

well i tried to install RAM into my Pc turned on and mi MSI mother board said there was something wrong whit the CMOS..so i choose use defult settings...after that i got a black screen whit a white "-' flashing and then nothing happend.

i turned of my pc and removed the new ram and reboot..

after the MSI motherboard logo appers y get the same black screen with the '-' flashing

i dont know what to do..i tried loading defult settings from BIOS and dint work

A:Black screen after RAM installation

I'm not trying to criticize, but it would be helpful if you could phrase your words better with proper spelling and punctuation.

So let me get this straight, you have a PC that ran normally. You decided to add more RAM, but when you did, the BIOS told you that there was a CMOS error. You reset to default settings and now there's a blinking dash and then a black screen. Thinking the new RAM was the problem (a logical deduction), you took the RAM out, but the same blinking dash to black is happening.

Is this correct?

Please put more information about your PC. More specifically the models of the components and the last stable boot you had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-ram-installation.157895/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi Im new in this forum hope you guys can help me out I usually build my own PCs but I dont really have that much experience specially not with HP PCs So I took my own SATA HDD to my cousins home I installed it but since I forgot to bring my own power adapter I unplugged my cousins secondary HDD Anyways there was no problem my HDD was recognized I got the READY FOR USE message and well I got the files I needed After I was recognize won´t slave Media Windows reinstalled XP HDD Center done with that I took my HDD plugged back his own secondary HDD and the bios recognized it Then we go into windows it loads no problem but the secondary HDD is not recognized it just wont show on windows explorer or anything This is an old PC its a Pentium D and its an HP model media center windows XP it has a different type of windows bar I dunno I hate the interiors its so hard to reach everything Does matter where I plug the sata cable I never had this problem before with sata HDDs Windows XP Media Center won´t recognize reinstalled slave HDD I went to the Windows XP Media Center won´t recognize reinstalled slave HDD Bios and saw both HDDs as recognized they even show Windows XP Media Center won´t recognize reinstalled slave HDD as functioning hardware on windows control panel add hardware I m just confused that I couldnt make it run but to be honest I didnt have time to work on it cuz I had to leave actually I just got home from his house and Im going tomorrow to try to fix it hope you guys can help or give me any clues on what I can try to do tomorrow bye nbsp

A:Windows XP Media Center won´t recognize reinstalled slave HDD

The computer was turned off when you removed the power cable yeah? Or was it running?

If all you have done is remove the power cable there should be no reason for it to stop working. The fact it has, suggests to me that you've either removed it with the computer powered up, or removed something else (like maybe the data lead isn't connected correctly).

The SATA data cable will work regardless of what port its plugged into. I've regularly moved mine around for whatever reason while working on the inside of my computer and its never been an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-media-center-won%C2%B4t-recognize-reinstalled-slave-hdd.157677/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone,

I recently bought some components to upgrade my pc. These consist of a new cpu, motherboard, video card and psu.

The main issue I'm having is now in games my FPS is lower in games, and freezing even.

The cpu is - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Video card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Motherboard - Asus m4a785-m

Everything runs fine except for the frame rate and some flickering.

I've updated everything, or atleast thought I did.

Hopefully you guys can help, thanks so much!

A:New Installation - PC is worse!

Do you have your nvidia card selected as your display adapter? Thats the only thing I can think of? lol sorry if this is a stupid answer.

Or check your nvidia control panel to make sure your settings are set right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-pc-is-worse.157634/
Relevancy 23.65%

The speakers won't work only if I plug something into the headphone jack will sounds come out.

A:Asus G51VX-RX05 stuck in headphones mode

the line may be muted... you should go into your sound card's control panel and check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g51vx-rx05-stuck-in-headphones-mode.130842/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an Hauppauge 1600 video tuner installed on an Intel 55HC motherboard, running Win 7-64. The 1600 tuner has an analog (TV) nipple and a Hi Def. (ATSC) nipple. The problem is that I'd like to be able to channel surf both spectra on a Charter cable connection like I can on a Samsung Hi-Def tuner. That is, I can only install the cables analog stations when I have the cable connected to the analog cable connection, and when I reconnect the cable to the ATSC nipple, I can only scan and find the hi-def cable channels. Is this a limitation of the tuner card, the media center software, or what?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hauppauge-1600-qam-versus-analog-in-media-center.156107/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys I recently formatted my computer screen viewing black Momentary media when with windows XP as I do every few years A creepy little problem started occurring every so often mostly when viewing media such as videos and pictures as well as during game-play a black screen that lasts about seconds As far as I can tell the screen just goes black and does not affect the computer s processes It happens more during games and also of note some pictures will cause the screen to stay black until I remove the picture If I can guess where the X is Momentary black screen when viewing media to close the window I have a ATI x pro I was running the computer with the exact same setup without this problem Momentary black screen when viewing media beforehand I am using the most up to date driver for my card as well Any hypotheses would be appreciated And if you need more info just Momentary black screen when viewing media ask Im kinda new in this forum not sure what info is needed Thanks Alex nbsp

A:Momentary black screen when viewing media

have you tried installing the newest chip set drivers for your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/momentary-black-screen-when-viewing-media.155960/