Windows Support Forum

Windows explore closing

Q: Windows explore closing

My windows explore keeps closing for some reason. Ill open it and look through folders and it will just close returning me back to desk top.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows explore closing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows explore closing

Troubleshooting Windows Explorer Errors

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explore-closing.618922/
Relevancy 65.36%

Sometimes after I play a certain kind of video and then close the media player, my CPU utilization still remains very high even if I open task manager to make sure the media player has been closed. In this case it seems explorer.exe is eating up all my cpu cycles. If I wait long enough this will sometimes fix itself, but I find my ending explorer.exe program from task manager and then restarting if from task manager by clicking file/ run program- explorer.exe, this will fix my computer's run away cpu cycles faster then the way I used to do which was just by restarting computer. Didn't know if this was advisable or not though.

A:fix cpu utilization by closing explore.exe

Do you notice the HD run on also? I found that WMP wanted to index all the media files on my drives. I'd see my HD running on and cpu up, then look in task manager and other monitors. Explorer was opening like every file on my system. I turned off all WMP indexing, the indexing service and switched to using Everything Search to avoid the indexing.

Use one of those process monitor apps and see if Explorer isn't opening and closing all your files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/159385-fix-cpu-utilization-closing-explore-exe.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently had a virus but was able to get rid of it. Ever since that happened, now internet explore will close at random times and ask if I would to send an error report. Can anyone give me any advice!?!? thanks in advance

A:Interent Explore Closing

What version of Windows are you using and what version of IE are you using (if you know)? (Your profile says XP, is that the same system, and 32bit or 64bit?)

(Depending on the above, the below might work).

Simply you could just try reinstalling IE, I would find a download link from Microsoft but would need the answer to above.

(This may work though)
- > Click on the spanner (or tools if old version), in the top right corner, then tools.
- > In the tools window, click on the advance tab, and then click on the reset button near the bottom.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/interent-explore-closing-549225.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello Tech Support hopefully I have followed the steps before posting log instructions correctly A roughly about days ago my computer started acting strange running slow Sounds closing Active Explore and Pop-ups, random Internet pop-ups would appear and Internet Explorer would close on me without an error message or the computer would sometimes start making strange window sounds When looking through msconfig start-up items I notice a weird sequence of numbers and letters c ffc- e - ab- cf - a e ffc with the command C WINDOWS System Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system c ffc- e - ab- cf - a e ffc quot I followed the path and deleted it the code but not the Rundll exe yet it still keep occurring I believe it was Active Pop-ups, Internet Explore random closing and Sounds something called adsonmedia I started to following the steps before posting a log and as I was removing all the programs I didn't use or felt was cracked I saw that my free space was not returning yet staying the same After installing SpyWareBlaster amp Zonedout I noticed the pop-ups are still continuing but are coming up as Restricted Sites and just displays HTTP Not Found After doing Deckards Scan the main txt came up but the extra did not but i did attach ActiveScan txt If anyone can help I would be grateful Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Windows User on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Windows User exe ---------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS system VW y hg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system Adobe Director SwDnld exe C DOCUME WINDOW LOCALS Temp setup exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Windows User Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK WINDOW EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http officialhomepage org home html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Prog... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

i have a new computer and today it started giving "Windows explore has stopped working" and it will restart windows explore not the whole machine. i can not go to msconfig and several other places. i am convinced it is a virus and i have run malwarebytes full scan and found nothing. Avg finds nothing. Help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339275/win-7-pro-windows-explore/
Relevancy 46.01%

Why is it that every time I open Windows Explore in Vista, it opens with many folders expanded as oppose to only looking at the C:\ drive folder and a couple others. It's annoying to have to go through and close all of these folders to get to what it is I want to look at. How do I go about keeping all of these folders closed until I need to open or expand them?

A:Windows Explore

Please take a screenshot so that we know exactly what you are talking about.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303440-windows-explore.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer is becoming increasingly slow and unresponsive, after running several virus scans and degraments also ive rebooted my system, Now i've found that the entire computer freezes and comes up with "windows .exe not respinding, this program may respond if you wait" but it doesnt, my computer runs fine if i start it in safe mode but i'd much rather fully resolve the problem. please help !

A:Windows Explore .exe not responding

Give this a try: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/243434-windows-explore-exe-not-responding.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I can open cmd and use cd to get there, but its not showing in explorer. What gives?

A:Can't explore c:\windows\installer

It's a hidden system folder..all you need to do is enable the viewing of both hidden and Operating System protected files. Deleting items from here will cause you problems uninstalling programs which have stored installers there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-explore-c-windows-installer-373789.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I m new here If I ve made any mistakes feel free to say I got my hands on an year old HP laptop with XP Home SP It had a lot of infections I used Spybot and AVG They found a lot of stuff Now they don t find anything even in safe mode But the problems still remain I cant turn on the quot show hidden files quot folder option I select it I press OK and then it turns back off So I cant see hidden files When I select C from My Computer I get the quot select program from think) (I Explore Problems Windows with a list quot menu I can open it only with right click ---- explore When I try to open a new folder it opens to a new window even though the option is to open in the same window I used Hijack From a guide I found I saw that a herss exe was harmful so I stopped the pocess fom msconfig but I cant find the file to delete it Problems with Windows Explore (I think) I cant see hidden files as I said Now it doesnt appear on HiJack Logs This is the log as it appears nowCODELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Problems with Windows Explore (I think) WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files HPQ IAM bin asghost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files HPQ HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SAGEM CONN-X SAGEM Fast dslmon exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exeC Program Files HPQ Shared hpqwmi exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Documents and Settings user HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO HP Credential Manager for ProtectTools - DF F DB- C - D - -B D EC - C Program Files HPQ IAM Bin ItIeAddIN dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run PTHOSTTR C Program Files HPQ HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXE StartO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run Upda... Read more

A:Problems with Windows Explore (I think)

Hi,My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log. I apologize for the delay.If you still require assistance we would like to see the current condition of your system so please post a new set of DDS Logs as well as a GMER log and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log or GMER log please refer to this page and in step #6 and Step #7 and Step #8 for further instructions on downloading and running DDS & GMER. If you have any problems when running the tools or unable to produce a report for any reason, just let me know in your next reply.For your next reply I would like to see:-The DDS logs---DDS.txt and Attach logs-GMER log-Description of any remaining problems you may still have.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306573/problems-with-windows-explore-i-think/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi!
Don't know why windows explore take 5 to 6 seconds to start everytime.Please help,Thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

How can I configure my Windows Explore to open with most of the folders closed or not expanded as the are now? I only want a minimal amount of folders expanded, but I would like to have control over this.

Added Info: I found the answer on how to accomplish this and the problem is no more. Thanks anyway to those of you who looked in.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206902-windows-explore-not-expanded.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Description of the problem The problem started with having the taskbar disappearing it comes back when i restart Maybe thats caused by something else but when i play games like say counter strike the game kept minimizing without me doing anything Those were problems windows load... won't explore My that i didn t feel like dealing with since they are although annoying but easy to ignore It started yesterday by the way Finally the taskbar disappeared for the last time and when i tried to restart hoping it would get fixed like before an error pop up says windows explorer failed to initialize There was another pop up that says something about C and something in my system folder didn t run properly Basically my all i see is my wall paper and that pop up there are no desktop short cuts and no taskbar So i tried quot ctrl alt del quot to get the task manager out it seems that i have a bunch of processes running and no applications if this helps tell you whats going on After restarting a couple times My windows explore won't load... without getting any better i had no choice but to try logging on the quot guest quot account just to see if that works It turns out it did and thats how i am posting this right now on the guest account I haven t run the windows update since service pack My windows explore won't load... came out i wanted to try to run the update to see if the problem gets fixed but it turns out guest account don t have that access since my administrator account isn t working i can t run the windows update I thought about reformatting but i got to have a way to get the data i have in my comp saved up somewhere like on a cd so i won t loose it thats really important stuff So now i need to My windows explore won't load... figure out either how to get the windows explorer to load on my administrator account or figure out a way to get in quot my documents quot of my administrator account signed on as quot guest quot so i can reformat and have a brand new start Any ideas how or do you see a third choice i have other than the two i listed any help would be greatly appreciated By the way yesterday I installed ad-aware pro did a scan and removed around quot critical objects quot as adaware calls it and a program called Virtual DAEMON manager which is for putting a game i got off of bittorrent together so i can install it the game came in a bunch of rar files Operating System windows xp edit one more thing to add i think its a virus but on guest account i can t seem to use norton to scan nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

My Mcafee scanner keeps popping up notifying me that this "C:\Windows\Inf\Catalog\su\explore.exe" is an unwanted program, and recently, I've noticed that my computer have been gettin really laggy, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. So what I did was, I surfed all over the internet trying to come up with a solution. And what I encountered was to use Adware to scan my comp, which I did, but that didn't help. Then i used Search & Destroy, that didnt help either. I've tried using some of the free anti-virus scanners available on the internet, but that didnt help because it corresponds to my Mcafee (believe me, I've tried turning it off, but it wouldnt let me). Can you guys please provide me some with advice? I'm getting impatient!

oh yeah, i've tried deleting it manually, but doesnt work either!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all... I am having a slight problem. Its a minor problem, but annoying nonetheless. Lately, when I open windows explorer, the window opens small, not full screen. I will expand the window after opening and the explorer window will open full screen but only for about 2 or 3 times, then when I open explorer again, the window is small again. Is there a fix for this? Did something get screwed up?

A:Windows Explore Problem

Hi maximo8 and welcome to the forums

To solve this, you need to change an aspect of the shortcut's properties. Browse to the location where you start this program from, and instead of left clicking or double left clicking to execute it, right click instead. Select 'Properties' and then ensure that the 'Shortcut' tab is selected. In the drop down box next to 'Run:' select 'Maximised'. The dialogue box should look like the image below.

Click 'OK', and the next time you start this program, it will start maximised.
Dwarf

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172415-windows-explore-problem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This seemed to happen out of nowhere. When I try to execute Windows Explore, my CPU usage jumps to 100%. Explore does open, but promptly gives me the "Windows Explore has created an error and will be shut down...an error log has been created" (obviously not word for word, but you get the idea) This happens when I try to execute the Control Panel or any function requiring Windows Explorer. Please PLEASE help me before I start breaking stuff...thanks in advance.

A:Windows Explore locking up OS

Confusing. If you can see your desktop, Explorer is running. It's the shell. Can you access stuff via "My computer"?
Unfortunately, you left your OS as a guessing-game. Crucial piece of info, that.

Are you running W2K? W2K Pro? XP Home? XP Pro?

First impression is "Virus".

If you know about "Hijack This!", then post a log. If you don't, have a look around these fora and you'll find it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explore-locking-up-os.255825/
Relevancy 45.58%

When I open a certain folders (particullarly containing large .jpg files) I get a windows explorer error. (Also if I am opening the folder in a picture program that locks up just the same)

Sometimes Windows Explorer just refreshes without warning closeing all folders open, othertimes there is either: a gray error titleing "Explorer.exe Error" (with the critical error red circle with X) talking about reference number and resoures coulnt be written to; or gray error titleing "Windows Explorer" stating "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.". In the latter error window there is a link "To view technical information about error click here" and that brings up the Error signature.

-----
Error Signature
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer:6.0.2800.1221 ModName: shell32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2800.1348 Offset 0002b661
-----

I have ran spyboy and ad-aware and norton antivirus but anything they find has no effect.

Any idea for this phenomenon?

Relevancy 45.58%

any time i right click on any thing in the start menu explore will crash (not respond)
trying to install any thing new like speccy will cause it to crash

so what i did is ran "sfc /scannow" from my CMD
it seems some of my system files are corrupted... but can't be fixed...
is it because they are system files? ...and so i need to take ownership of them or some thing in order for the CMD to be able to edit them?
or is my disk not being read and i have to get a new disk?

A:Windows Explore crashing

Try running chkdsk /r from the command prompt...then try the sfc /scannow command again.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549428/windows-explore-crashing/
Relevancy 45.58%

Windows explore will crash when I open a folder... Not any folder but just this on folder I have my movies in... So windows explore will crash when I open my movie folder/// what can I do to fix this...

A:Windows explore = Crash

Try making a new folder with a shorter name,( 10 characters or less ) copy the files into that folder and open it.
If this resolves your issue rename the original folder with less characters, the length of 10 characters or less

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explore-crash-129970.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Microsoft.windows.explore Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows System smss exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system wininit exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system services exeC Windows system lsass exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system winlogon exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows System svchost Microsoft.windows.explore exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC hp support hpsysdrv exeC hp KBD kbd exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC WINDOWS System igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exeC Users Chris Desktop stinger exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Chris Desktop HiJackThis exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runonce msn com v msgrv R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run CCUTRAYICON FactoryModeO - HKLM Run HP Softwar... Read more

A:Microsoft.windows.explore

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Thank you for your patience.If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103399/microsoftwindowsexplore/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have made several attempts to correct the following explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows You need to restart the program An error log is being created The computer log says the following The description for Event ID in Source Microsoft Internet Explorer cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer The following information is part of the event iexplore exe ftapp dll ff Anyway I can t browse Explorer Windows to Refuses explore using explore either from the Windows Explorer Refuses to explore My Computer icon or through the start programs windows explorer I can t use IE and I can t get to the control panel I get the same message as I do with trying to use explorer I have reinstalled W both as a repair and then as a new install Neither of those worked I am just trying to get around having to reformat and reload everything Someone please help Patty nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

windows explore has stopped working.
when i open any video or imafes folder my windows explore see this error & restarts to desktop & closed programs.

the error is -windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience. when i open video or images files

A:windows explore has stopped working

please solve my problem urgent.

thanking you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explore-has-stopped-working-409187.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My neighbor's computer is using Vista OS. When I Right click on the start button and select Explore, the window opens with many folders expanded in the Left(navigational) pane. How can I set it so only one folder(C: Drive) opens and the rest are closed? My Windows XP and Windows 7 computers open with no folders open until the user selects which one they want to open. How can I make this happen with Windows Vista?OS: Windows 7 64bit/Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bitCPU/Ram: E8500/8GB PC2-6400Manufacturer/Model: AVA Direct / Built online

A:How to close folders in Windows Explore

Create a link to Windows Explorer and set target in the properties to:%windir%\explorer.exe /e,C:\

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-close-folders-in-windows-explore/13695.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Vista 64 bit and have just recovered from Trojan viruses but since getting viruses, Windows Explorer automatically opens up twice during System Startup. I had quite a time removing two viruses recently. They seemed to cause Explorer to keep launching every couple of minutes! Now with the viruses removed by Super Antispyware in safe mode, I get Explorer automatically launching just twice when starting computer. Where can I find and address this issue- thanks for help!

A:Windows Explore opens up twice on startup

Sounds like either explorer.exe was listed in Startup or the virus is still there.

Run HijackThis and MalwareBytes and attach both of the logs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264792-windows-explore-opens-up-twice-startup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 7 slow to explore and most times not able to access NAS drives. I have a Mac that can access these same drives with no issue so I rule out the drives being at fault.

A:Windows 7 slow to explore NAS drives

Go into "Computer" and Map Network Drive. This usually works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-slow-to-explore-nas-drives.1033367/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Windows XP Service pk Windows Explorer is hijacked The computer had the trojan vundo and I think that I got that removed but the popups have not gone away Here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCS EXEC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exeC WINDOWS system ICO EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files IBM Is Hijacked Explore Xp In Windows Internet Messages By IBM ibmmessages exeC WINDOWS system Pelmiced exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC Program Internet Explore Is Hijacked In Windows Xp Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings administrator EYESPECIALISTS Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE VUUYHWA stinger exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Internet Explore Is Hijacked In Windows Xp Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - A B E-EA - - CB -F A DC C - O - BHO no name - B E E -DA -F E - F - E DC D CF - C WINDOWS System mktkhxw dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - ae a -c - a -bd - b - C WINDOWS System eceykyp dllO - BHO no name - C E C-BDE - de -BB - CAA FDC - C WINDOWS system gmvrruoa dllO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXEO - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run UC Start C IBMTools Updater ucstartup exeO - HKLM Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exeO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run MemoryManager rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system embaquyv dll quot sitypnowO - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheckO - HKCU Run ibmmessages C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU RunOnce gi quot C DOCUME ADMINI EYE LOCALS Temp giL JD L exe quot resume quot C DOCUME ADMINI EYE LOCALS Temp ML JB quot exename quot C Documents and Settings administrator EYESPECIALISTS Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE MOFP EZS Free-SpyHunter-Scanner-Install exe quot O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce Sym MI quot C TEMP Clt-Inst setup exe quot qn z nosp User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce Sym MI quot C TEMP Clt-Inst setup exe quot qn z nosp User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Options group JAVA IBM Java IBM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain EyeSpecialists... Read more

A:Internet Explore Is Hijacked In Windows Xp

Hello Hollyb,Welcome to Bleeping Computer 1. Download this file - combofix.exe2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102167/internet-explore-is-hijacked-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 45.15%

When deleting files in (Explore)such as: Temp,Temporary internet
files,and Windows prefetch, "windows states that it has encountered
a problem". A typical path would be: Explore > Edit > select all >
everything is highlighted > File, at this point, windows encounters
this problem.... Need some guidance...

Thanks,

Billjh

Relevancy 45.15%

As of late I have had alot of issues with IE7 were it just quits working. I always select check online for a solution and restart program only to have the issue happen over and over.

I have posted the details from the last event, can some offer up a solution.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18226
Application Timestamp: 49ac95d6
Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18226
Fault Module Timestamp: 49acb49d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00095736
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Thanks

A:Windows explore has quit working

Hi , click start and in the start search box, type inetcpl.cpl and press ENTER.
Click on the Advanced Tab and Click Reset.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224209-windows-explore-has-quit-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Is there any thing I can change to stop the search? It continues to search and will not stop, even if I click the Stop button. The start button in the bottom tray then search function also does the same. Any Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-explore-search-function.401078/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a laptop running Windows XP Service Pack Background I was looking through old backup CDs containing Microsoft Word doc files and listening to mp s on Windows Media Player I put in a badly scratched CD that could not be read Laptop locked up After ten minutes of non-responsiveness I manually powered off the computer Ever since powering back up I have experienced the following "my . . Cannot Explore Windows Computer," . Open If I double-click on My Computer it does not open I get an hour glass which goes away but My Computer does not open If I right click on Start and Select quot Explore quot nothing happens If I put a CD in the CD drive it spins up but does not pop open a prompt Cannot Open "my Computer," Explore Windows . . . of options for the CD Shuts down and boots up logging in for users very slowly Takes more than five minutes to quot switch users quot or to log off Windows Media Player freezes up This all began happening immediately after the fiasco with the scratched CD and Windows Media Player locked up about an hour ago I have repeatedly rebooted etc with no change in behavior Any suggestions

A:Cannot Open "my Computer," Explore Windows . . .

Try doing a system restore to a point before the problems started.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118133/cannot-open-my-computer-explore-windows/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using Win 2000 and would like to be able to have Windows Explore open to my D:\ Documents\Files everytime I open from either Win Explore or My Computer icon.

Is this possible or does it always default to the C: drive

A:Mapping Windows Explore to a particular folder

Here's a link to a cool article by Windows guru Brian Livingston:

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/07/03/000703oplivingston.xml

Basically your shortcut would read something like

explorer /n, /e, d:\documents\files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapping-windows-explore-to-a-particular-folder.59292/
Relevancy 45.15%

This happens frequently keep & other programs Windows crashing. Explore either when I'm gaming or surfing the web Most of the time it's Windows Explorer just randomly stops responding and closes I have to restart Also some other unknown programs as well I'll be sure to name the program that stops Windows Explore & other programs keep crashing. responding next time Also I've been getting a lot of automatic CMD openings randomly one was quot soocks exe quot This only started happening Windows Explore & other programs keep crashing. because some prick port forwared something to me via X-chat using my open ports gt lt I use Torrent so that's why I got open ports I located the file and deleted the exe it solved the problem but now some other CMD's open sometimes It goes by a second opens and closes really quickly I think one was quot win exe quot So here's a screen shot of where all the Win viruses pop up and get blocked by Avast Home Edition I move them to Chest but since I can't clean the Chest because my Avast scanner doesn't start as there is no skin for it or some error I'll upload that error too C Windows Temp I upload this picture and straight away I got this virus block pop up from Avast Also what's a good pop up advert blocker for Mozzila

A:Windows Explore & other programs keep crashing.

Actually, I deleted all that crap from the temp folder and also did a full AVAST Scan and found some win32 and trojan horses, maybe these were the problem. My internet wasn't working the whole day yesterday, maybe these viruses were blocking my connection, even though I have spybot, firewall and Avast, god damn these viruses. Even though I deleted, my dad also deleted 2 viruses from his laptop. Everything is working fine now, but I figure it might happen again so what to do to get internet connection back faster. What is a good scanner or internet protector/shield.

As my brother uses the internet, I got a modem and a router, my brother is wired and my dad is obviously wireless, through his laptop. So it's risky as the virus might spread.

Also, these strange .exe files keep automatically reapearing frequently, I delete them, then after a while Avast detects the win32 trojan and I delete it again!

Is there some kind of other program virus that keeps duplicating these files. Most come from Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5P\.......
or
C:\Users\Vengeance\AppData\Local\Temp

That's it, I think they are in my registry files, damn annoying. I'm going to get a Registry Cleaner and clean them out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explore-and-other-programs-keep-crashing-406274.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2

Hi guys,

A box keeps coming up saying that activeX is not working, my email won't work unless I enter password, I can't update Java.... Windows Explorer stopped working... I know it's a lot to deal with but there are lots of problems..I know i need more RAM but...
Please help

Snow

A:activeX, email, java, windows explore

You say a 'box' tells you that ActiveX is not working. Does that box belong to Internet Explorer ? Does it say which ActiveX is not working?

Your email doesn't work without a password. Are you using an email program like Outlook or Thunderbird? Or are you using web based email like hotmail or gmail.

If you can't update Java. You can try uninstalling it. Then download the latest version and install that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/activex-email-java-windows-explore.1015220/
Relevancy 44.72%

So the reinstall using Windows autoplay without explore.exe Repair or 7 explorer exe on this computer crashes all the time I am unable to open folders of any kinds I can however open chrome and certain other program Some of them crash the first time but open the second I want to reinstall Windows I can log on in normal mode its slow but it does do it However inserting my usb flash drive with the windows install files on it won't open The autoplay feature never opens Guess it requires explorer exe The start button works and sometimes I can open command prompt but its random ctrl alt del does not open task manager Usually just freezes the computer I really just want to reinstall windows so that I don't have to wipe the hard Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe drive As I am unable to open folders I do not know how to back up files on my desktop that I forgot to back up and are essential Any ideas would be greatly appreciated My Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe only idea that I had thought of so far was using an iso file and a mounter I can install the mounter and put it on the desktop where I can open it but then I don't know how to get to the iso file I have saved If I can reach it would this work to start the process of the repair or is that not possible I know its two different things I am asking And right clicking anything causes everything to crash as well

A:Repair reinstall Windows 7 without using autoplay or explore.exe

Hi
to get your files you want you could run a live cd like ubuntu and save them to a flash drive. on some toshiba laptops you hold down the 0 key while you turn power on will get you to the recovery option to restore it back to how it came out of the box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384460-repair-reinstall-windows-7-without-using-autoplay-explore-exe.html
Relevancy 44.72%

System Check virus was discovered Saturday December Avira Antivir did not quarnatine virus but fired alert Selected System Restore point one day earlier from Safe Mode and quarantined System Check virus using Avira Antivir Full Antivir scan caught two other quot System Check quot files Then discovered a browser redirect bug Ran Explore Windows error redirect, Browser full PC Tools scan and it did not solve problem Then ran full Spybot and it discovered nothing Down loaded Ad Aware today and ran two hour scan-problem still there In addition a Windows Explore error now fires periodically In preparation for seeking assistance completed the enabling of Windows firewall it was Browser redirect, Windows Explore error already enabled disabled CD emulation Browser redirect, Windows Explore error not even sure what that is and began the DSS scan The instructions indicated this scan was to take under three minutes and Browser redirect, Windows Explore error would produce an error file log After minutes there was nothing In addition the system was frozen and I was unable to perform any functions including ctrl alt delete and had to resort to a hard system shut down Using Windows XP IE Where do we go from here

A:Browser redirect, Windows Explore error

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435744/browser-redirect-windows-explore-error/
Relevancy 44.72%

No response for three days and following up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic435744.html/page__p__2533388__fromsearch__1#entry2533388

Thanks,
Martin

A:Browser redirect, Windows Explore error

You have to be patient.
Malware helpers are extremely busy people.
Someone will get back to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435985/browser-redirect-windows-explore-error/
Relevancy 44.72%

Could any one tell me which system files need to patch to add a background image in explorer in Windows 10 and how?????

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/48832-adding-background-image-explore-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I open my Windows Explore in Vista by right clicking the Start button and clicking on Explore, the Navigation pane opens up with multiple folders expanded as oppose to only showing the minimum folders like only computer, C local drive , D drive and any optical drives. How can I configure my navigation pane to the most minimal folders shown?
BTW, I am working on my neighbor's computer.

A:minimize open folders in Windows Explore

To see the drives you should left click the start then left click computer

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295908-minimize-open-folders-windows-explore.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I was innocently going through the paces on my Windows 2000 machine, when suddenly it wouldn't allow me to open my desktop folders. I'd been using the computer to play music through iTunes for about three hours before it acted up.
If I move the cursor on top of any icon on my desktop it will not open or move. Rebooting hard and hot don't change it. Trying to get into files through the task bar doesn't work. I can start Word and Word can see my files and folders, but can't manipulate or transfer them.

Relevancy 44.72%

When I right-click a file and click Delete (or alternately use File, Delete) in Windows Explore, there is about a 20-30 second lag time before the Delete File dialog box opens to confirm I want to move the file to the Recycle Bin. If I use Shift+Click, there is the same long lag to the Dialog to ask me if I'm sure I want to permanently delete the file. When I click Yes, the Delete is immediate. I tried using the ShellExView utility to disable and enable each shell extension I was suspicious of with no luck. Any help greatly appreciated.

A:Delete in Windows Explore extremely slow

I just went into Recycle Bin Properties and unchecked "Display delete confirmation dialog" and that resolved it. I've been working on resolution all day. Who knew it was so simple; that said, this is not "normal" behavior to have such a long delay and I would still like to know what is causing the lag in when the confirmation is displayed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/189813-delete-windows-explore-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 44.72%

In Windows explorer I use the two pane view with details no graphics The problem happens when I menu problems windows explore expansion am expanding files trying to locate some thing When the right pane is full in other words there is more information above and below the pane and I click on the file I want to expand instead of the menu dropping down from where my cursor is positioned and staying there every thing jumps up to the top of the pane and on my system it starts with quot Desktop quot So I have to grab the slide bar and scroll down to the file I expanded and go from there I never had this problem when running XP I tried a search and went through about windows explore menu expansion problems pages of post but no body seems to have had this problem yet I'm getting really tired of it Any ideas And thank you so much for all the help that happens on this site Darcy

A:windows explore menu expansion problems

Can you post a screen cap demonstrating the behavior you get and then explain what you would prefer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/156127-windows-explore-menu-expansion-problems.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi my windows explore has been having many errors every time i do any thing with folders and sometimes even out of the blue this error tells to error hello welcome working? stoped has my windows explore me that windows explore has stop working and needs to shut down so it dose and about a sec later it starts back up and it seems that hello welcome to my error windows explore has stoped working? nothing has happen Most of the time when this error happens my work is not effected and never pops up when on internet just comes around when organizing hello welcome to my error windows explore has stoped working? my desk top folders and moving files from one place to the other and my work is still hello welcome to my error windows explore has stoped working? is not effected This error basicley dose nothing but annoy me I did some google searching of this problem and its not rare same age computers same vista same error but mine is much less of a mess from other post ive red They say it could be the cause of rd party apps or its a never ending looping error that windows creaters had missed cant use anything its a virus that cant be detected it wil get worse and much more on top of that i dont know whare to start dont want to go messing around in in stuff i dont fully understand if ive not given enought info will be glad to do so just post and thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

When I open Windows Explore, after about 2 seconds navigation-pane scrolls down near bottom of the navigation-pane.
Shortcut Target = C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e,C:\

Same result whether "Show all Folders" enabled or disabled.
and "SaveAs" dialog and "Browse" dialogs
Also occurs when navigating through Navigation pane with keyboard navigation keys.
I have to drag the nav-pane back up to the selected folder

EDIT: Just noticed "Organize" btn is selected in the "after" image -- not by my actions.

Thank you in advance for any help

Before + after images:

-----

SPECS
Toshiba Satellite C665
OS:= Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit), sp1 (Build 7601) OEM
UI:=Classic Shell Start + Classic Explorer

A:Navigation pane in Windows Explore unstable

I think that it is attempting to show you that it found a computer on your network.

If that is want it is doing, then I'm not sure how best to prevent that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312077-navigation-pane-windows-explore-unstable.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows Vista has a tendancy to make things go a little astray. Here is one little thing that will help to over come the crashing of Windows Internet explorer.

Go to start, then to control panel, choose internet options, go to the top tool bar at the far right end choose the adfvanced tab. Go down the page to the reset button push this and wait for the reset configuration to finish.

But you will have to reset your home page as it goes back to Manufacturers settings. Well at least it dosnt crash any more.

A:Vista Windows internet explore crashes

Using the Event Viewer is the best way to determine the cause of a crash or error message. Resetting does not allow the user to find the cause and thus eliminate recurrence in the future,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-windows-internet-explore-crashes.90470/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I was troubleshooting an Internet issue using IE 11 in Windows 2012 R2 and I clicked on restored advanced settings under Internet Options \ Advanced, the Internet explore 11 interface changed to where the menu and address bar is at the bottom. 
The above happens when I click directly on IE 11 from Windows desktop.
However, if right click and run IE 11 as a different user, IE 11 comes up with its normal interface [address bar and menu at the top]. 
How can I change it back to the original interface without having to right click and run as?
Thanks, Raed

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/965b7644-55f3-4ad3-bbbd-bcc8ad8c71f7/internet-explore-11-view-changed-in-windows-2012-r2?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 43.86%

Microsoft Visual C+ + at c:\windows\explore.exe  to Win8.1  adobe updated later ?

A:Microsoft Visual C+ + at c:\windows\explore.exe to Win8.1 adobe updated later

Visual C++
latest ver won't stopped the error when opening the My PC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bef7bc8c-6420-4a79-a1e8-797bbe4f85ef/microsoft-visual-c-at-cwindowsexploreexe-to-win81-adobe-updated-later?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 43.86%

I am running Windows XP files Windows Security explore.exe info.exe and - suspicious Alert SP and I recently started getting a window that says Windows Security Alert and it prompts me to download a spyware remover Instead I downloaded and ran SDFix per the instructions I m still getting the Windows Security Alert - suspicious files explore.exe and info.exe Alert and I no longer have access to my control panel Instead of the control panel it says Set program access and defaults When I select that I get a window that says Restrictions Contact your system administrator and there is a Security Alert icon in the lower right task bar that was not there before I was thinking about backing out whatever SDFix did so I could try some other options Windows Security Alert - suspicious files explore.exe and info.exe But I could not find instructions on how to restore the previous environment So I downloaded AVG Anti Spyware I ran the full scan which found some problem files and quarantined them The files in question explore exe info exe seem to keep reappearing I tried renaming those files but I continue to get that Alert window every minutes Please advise I will try to attach the images of the alerts that I m getting The Anti Spyware report is included below --------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------- AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report --------------------------------------------------------- Created at PM Scan result HKLM SOFTWARE McAfee com Agent Update ResultLog Log - gt Adware RogueSuspect Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Hitbox Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Hitbox Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Webtrends Ignored C Documents and Settings Greg Cookies email protected txt - gt TrackingCookie Webtrendslive Ignored C SDFix backups backups zip backups explore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C System Volume Information restore B B -BA A- E D-BF - E C RP A exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C WINDOWS SYSTEM Spywareexplore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C WINDOWS SYSTEM explore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored C WINDOWS explore exe - gt Trojan Small Ignored Report end nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Ahh where to begin I'm working on a Gateway GT Me thinks computer specifics have no influence in my problem and it starts with a quot I cant get a dial tone quot I help. Windows Bumbing etc... Explore. crashes Panel, out! me Computer, Control Please find out later that this is a problem with the the NID on the ISP's side In troubleshooting this problem I find that everytime i try to open the control panel or computer or much of anything else for that matter Explore crashes and all i have left is an empty desktop and a cursor Sometimes Explore comes back sometimes it doesn't I've googled this problem every which way i can with no perfect fix I did manage through Control Panel, Computer, etc... crashes Windows Explore. Bumbing me out! Please help. many failed quot approches quot if you will to get into my control panel long enough to fix my internet problem I learned that the only window i could keep open without either dissapearing on me or crashing Windows Explore is Internet Explore Once there i go into my quot c windows system quot folder and Ahhhhh yesss I want to allow it to do so I created a new folder on my desktop and cut and pasted a few cpl files from system to this new folder The ones that could be pasted without giving me beef about my permissions After doing so Vista would allow me into my control panel computer network etc but if i reboot Im boned I now only have to go through the process mentiond above and go as far as open my system folder and view the files And like magic i can open my control panel computer what have you So is there anyone out there and i know you're out there cause you've helped me get this far that has a solution to end this nightmare of mine Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Control Panel, Computer, etc... crashes Windows Explore. Bumbing me out! Please help.

Have you tried disconnecting the internet cable, then checking your computer settings and error logs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/140063-control-panel-computer-etc-crashes-windows-explore-bumbing-me-out-please-help.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am on XP Media Centre 2002 SP2. My Windows Explorer has developed a sudden habit of crashing EVERY SINGLE TIME I either click on a 'Back' icon or click 'Back' on my mouse side button. It ONLY happens in Explorer, not in Firefox, IE, Media Centre, Thunderbird or anything else I use the 'Back' function in.

I have not installed any new programs recently, but I do approve all security-related Microsoft Windows Updates, so am totally up to date on them.

Does anyone know if the latest round of updates contains anything a bit dodgy? It's certainly possible that this started at around the same time as my last update a few days ago...

Many thanks for any advice or tips!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-mce-windows-explore-crashes-on-back-command-while-viewing-folders.652586/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.57%

After I boot up my PC, a messagebox pops up with the message...

Windows cannot find '"d:\windows\Explore.exe"'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

Btw, I have Installed window at my D drive.

I am confused about the appearing of the message, cause, I am not sure this is happening due to a virus attack or should i import the "Explore.exe" from another Windows XP and replace it with my one.

can somebody help??

A:Windows cannot find '"d:\windows\Explore.exe"'

I would do some malware scans if you haven't yet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189063/windows-cannot-find-dwindowsexploreexe/
Relevancy 42.57%

I used bleepingcomputer com for the directions to remove trojan Microsoft or windows causing virus restart. crash Essentials Security Help. and explore Please the FAKE microsoft security essentials virus trojan I ran RKILL Please Help. Microsoft Security Essentials trojan or virus causing windows explore crash and restart. and used after updating malwarebytes It takes almost hours to run a full scan and I ve ran it three times and it s running now I got the message and pop up talked about here first http www bleepingcomputer com virus-remo ssentials-alert - and I took care of it following the instructions Then I started to get the pop up about explorer had crashed and will restart My windows bar with the time and start menu button dissipated and came back over and over again Then it just stopped This is after running rkill following the instructions malwarebytes and restarting I log in from the login screen and everything appears normal for a second then I get the explorer has stopped working or crashed message and my screen goes completely black I can pull up task manager to get to chrome browser and my stuff on the pc but windows explore not internet explorer but the one that runs windows just isn t working After I ran it it seemed to work just fine for one sitting then this happened What can I do now I hard drive wipe is not an option as someone stole my external and I have almost all of my hd on here saving my music and video until I can by another one Also on a side note there are two users on this pc The other one is notorious for downloading and being stupid with my machine HOWEVER this time it looks like me As her quot side quot of the computer - her log in and desktop - WORK NORMAL and just fine What have I done and what can I do I m off work as a drummer for the next months from a broken finger and tearing a tendon so I m going to be flat busted broke and NEED my pc to get a little work done and sell my possessions on eBay lt Seriously Any help would be so greatly appreciated JaysonRemoved personal contact information to protect from spambots OB- google phone number - text s and calls accepted for this matter

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352904/please-help-microsoft-security-essentials-trojan-or-virus-causing-windows-explore-crash-and-restart/
Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 40.42%

We are seeing EMET 5.5 closing office applications and IE automatically on Windows 8.1 (64 bit) and Windows 10 (x64 bit) during installation.
Anybody experiencing this issue during installation?
Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b5a9b218-633f-4b01-bee3-0fb93ab83d7f/emet-55-closing-office-applications-and-ie-automatically-on-windows-81-and-windows-10-during?forum=emet
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Recently Windows has been hanging a little after closing Firefox and or Windows Live Mail For example if I close Firefox or WM Windows Mail and click on the Start button or anything for that matter Windows will hang maybe seconds before it loads it It didn t used to do this I ve ran anti virus spyware programs Which returned no real threats and Ccleaner I ve defragmented and ran check disk too so my files should be clean and in order for quick access I actually recently had to reinstall Windows XP bit so it s a pretty fresh install As far as I know the drivers and whatnot should be up-to-date too As for the game it s particulary games. a or lag after little Firefox and Windows hangs XP Windows Mail closing only one as I notice lags in a certain way that never had before It s America s Army and every so often I will get this lag that will last for a few seconds and just go away It will make the game real sluggish but only for about or so seconds but gets quite annoying as Windows XP hangs a little after closing Firefox or Windows Mail and lag games. this didn t used to happen before I ve tried system restore to go back to a point where I didn t think it had been doing this but none of the restore points were available for some reason and the one it did let me restore to didn t help I don t notice any processes running that look suspicious or that shouldn t be running I ve also noticed the past few times I boot up and while loading windows my mouse will freeze for just a second which is also not normal I do have my CPU ram and video card over clocked but I know this isn t the reason for my problems since they ve been like that for quite some time and I ve ran Prime for long periods of time without problems I did recently increase my Pagefile size in windows to MB from the default Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing these little hangs after closing Firefox Windows Live Mail and the reoccuring lag in the game Because I have a feeling the two problems are connected in some way Your advice and suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Hijackthis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Galleon bin Wrapper exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system java exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files ATITool ATITool exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acro... Read more

A:Windows XP hangs a little after closing Firefox or Windows Mail and lag games.

A little update...

I ran Advance WindowsCare V2 Peronal and let it "clean and fix" everything but I still get the delay/lag after closing almost any program. For instance, I opened up Windows defrag utility, closed it and tried clocking on start and it didn't open for about 3 or 4 seconds. I don't know what's causing this but it will also slow my game mention above down like I have something else using a lot of CPU power or something for a few seconds...and this happens in the game quite often...I'd say it does it at least once every minute.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? It's very annoying and I would hate to have to reinstall Windows since I just literally got everything reinstalled and copied back over when this problem started occurring. If you need any more info or logs, let me know. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-a-little-after-closing-firefox-or-windows-mail-and-lag-games.769985/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have several protective programs running..
like "Adware, Fix It 5,SpywareStopper"
but I haven't found any viruses...

When I run SpyBot, it comes up with about 23-25 entries AND I stall when I get to create a restore point. After a lon---g period of time the (not responding)
goes on.

Another problem is that WinRAR opens but closes unexpectedly...

Are these problems possibly related or do I have different issues???

Thanks for any help!

A:Creating a Restore Point & Windows XP Explorer Windows closing

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html Follow this link to Rollin Rog Security Tools It is hard to tell from your report exactly what spy ware programs you are running . Scroll down the page to Parasitic , Download Ad-Aware SE , Spy Bot Search and Destroy , Spy Ware Blaster . Setup and update according to the tutourials. Go to Panda Active Scan or other online virus scanner and run a scan . If you do not have an anti virus program aboard go to Grisoft AVG and download the personal free edition . Use these programs only for now and shut down any other spyware / malware programs you mayhave running . After using the programs from Rollin Rog Security Tools come back and let us know how things are now running .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-restore-point-windows-xp-explorer-windows-closing.272967/
Relevancy 39.99%

I use Windows and Mozilla Firefox and recently have been getting forwarded to sites I out 7 firefox and to closing sites Windows mozilla forwarding windows have never gone to and sometimes it also closes on Mozilla windows when I am trying to go to web sites and forwards to strange addresses on it Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows s own I also sometime get a fake download that says I need to click ok to check for viruses Help please this is driving me nuts lol Here is a hijack this log from tonight Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AIManager exe C Program Files x Common Files SupportSoft bin bcont exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http asus msn com R Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RunAIShell C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
hlp.dat
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356156/windows-7-forwarding-to-sites-and-closing-out-mozilla-firefox-windows/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/61328-all-windows-closing.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
I'm having problems with keeping folders open on my computer. Since Im not very technical I'll just explain the process and problem.
I wish to access a video file (.avi) on my computer so i open up my comp, open the required drive, and select the appropriate folder. When in the folder sometimes the window displaying the files will shut down after one or two seconds displaying the the message that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close (sometimes this only happens after clicking on an actual file, depends on the folder.) I'm not sure why or if its a virus of some sort (I have an up-to-date version of Norton protection centre which doesn't detect anything), any help would be much appreciated because its becoming quite an annoyance not being able to access files.
(the files worked fine before so i know its not because of them.)
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.99%

The best scenario I can use is this: I play on Pogo and to start with I am on the home page. Then I will open the game I wish to play which opens another window. When I want to close the game window the whole pogo site closes and I am back to my desk top. I have checked other places besides Pogo and the same thing is happening. I have Windows xp- 7. This has been happening for 3 days now. Can you please help me? Thanks ans have a good day

Relevancy 39.99%

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61328-all-windows-closing.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi so I ve had closing! Windows keep this problem for a while now and I m finally getting sick of it My programs and windows will randomly close without warning and without being considered a crash when I try to access a file program or internet page with a certain word in the title The key word that seems to close things Windows keep closing! seems to be Windows keep closing! the word quot download quot When I try to open a program with the word in the title it closes If I try to open my Downloads file it closes the explorer window If I try to open an internet page with the word in the URL it will close the tab almost instantly The only other thing of note that has also been affected seems to be the main Control Panel The one where you can access all the little sub-categories which themselves work fine which closes on its own aswell My computer is an HP laptop whose model I forget and runs Windows Home Basic I inherited this computer from a relatives business who bought it and relied on an employee to use it though the employee did not know what they were doing have the time and installed countless useless web applications like toolbars and such most of which I had to go through the pain-staking task of removing one-by-one And I have no doubt there are still some in there that don t show up in the remove and uninstall page Any help would be greatly appreciated Hope you can help me and my thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows keep closing!

You should ask this get moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal so they can help you out. Click on the Report link and ask they remove this.

Also Never ever post your email address online or your be asking for lots of SPAM so best to remove the email address asap.
All questions can be asked in the post in this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-keep-closing.1100677/
Relevancy 39.99%

When i have a window open in vistas, minimize and open another window, the original window closes itself down. Why. Help me

A:Windows closing

*Computer specs...
*Did you upgrade to Windows Vista or was it installed on the computer when you bought it?
*All types of windows or just windows explorer (i.e. 'computer') or every thing like Internet explorer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-closing-470928.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have been having problems for a long time having windows shutting down when I access a site. For example, if I go to a site and a small window pops up with some kind of info regarding the site and it then closes, then the original window also closes. Can someone please help me solve this? Is this a common problem with VISTA, or is it just on my computer? Many thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-closing.794240/
Relevancy 39.99%

This is happening to my roommate's laptop, and it's quite annoying..

When she goes into some links, the page loads, and it closes right before she can see its content.

She's using WinXp.

I tried msconfig, same thing.

This has already happened to a guy, and he posted it in 2003, no one really helped him..

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...00/t1067363088

I hope someone can help me (her).

Thx^^

A:IE windows closing by themselves

A few things to try: run an anti virus scan; download/install/run AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy (both available at Download.com); reinstall Internet Explorer or...

If these do not help another possibility...
Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Post the log in the HighJackThis Log Help forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-windows-closing-by-themselves-35999.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Ive noticed some strange actions from my PC lately Sometimes when Ive been away from the computer for a while and I come back to i discover that all the windows that I had open are closed Sometimes the DVD-RW Drive opens from itself without that I do anything Sometimes by closing Ie Closing Windows IE or by turning of the PC I get an error message like quot memory could not be read quot I have Sygate Firewall AVG Anti Virus AVG Anti Spyware and I Ie Windows Closing update them everyday Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Programmi File comuni Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeF Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exeC Programmi ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Programmi SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeF Programmi Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exeC Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeF Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeG Programmi TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeF Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exeF Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Programmi Messenger msmsgs exeC Programmi Creative Shared Files CamTray exeF Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exeF Programmi Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Programmi ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exeC Programmi SpywareGuard sgmain exeF PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exeC Programmi SpywareGuard sgbhp exeF Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exeC Programmi File comuni Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXEC Programmi iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEF Programmi Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName CollegamentiR - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Programmi Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi File comuni Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C ... Read more

A:Ie Windows Closing

Does anybody now what the problem could be?
THANKS!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103308/ie-windows-closing/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, my computer suddenly closes all the windows, the first time that happened it shuted down the system. I have the earlyest version of Norton Antivirus, and It says that I don't have a virus, what problem could I have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/closing-windows-235760.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Awhile ago my AV expired so I have been using one for a month or two And now I'm paying for it My computer is slow and something keeps closing random windows and sometimes even programs I can't even get an Antivirus program installed because my browser wont stay open long enough Here's my HiJackThis Log file I hope someone can help Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform is windows... my closing Something Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Something is closing my windows... WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc Something is closing my windows... exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C Something is closing my windows... WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C program files powerstrip pstrip exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXE C WINDOWS System WScript exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files ccxgui ccXservice exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files ccxgui ccxstream exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system regsrv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system sendi exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMAIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C RECYCLER NPROTECT exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Michael Kolk My Documents Computer Utilites HiJackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search F - system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system winmgd win F - win ini run C WINDOWS system mouse configurator win O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - ... Read more

A:Something is closing my windows...

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/something-is-closing-my-windows-96200.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Ive noticed some strange actions from my PC lately Sometimes when Ive IE closing Windows been away from the computer for a while and I come back to i discover that all the windows that I had open are closed Sometimes the DVD-RW Drive opens from itself without that I do anything Sometimes by closing IE or by turning of the PC I get an error message like quot memory could not be read quot I have Sygate Firewall AVG Anti Virus AVG Anti Spyware and I update them everyday Here is my HijackThis IE Windows closing log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer IE Windows closing v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi IE Windows closing File comuni Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe F Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Programmi SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe F Programmi Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe F Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe G Programmi TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe F Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exe F Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Programmi Messenger msmsgs exe C Programmi Creative Shared Files CamTray exe F Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exe F Programmi Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Programmi ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exe C Programmi SpywareGuard sgmain exe F PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Programmi SpywareGuard sgbhp exe F Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Programmi File comuni Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Programmi iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE F Programmi Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Programmi Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi File comuni Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programmi ... Read more

A:IE Windows closing

Does anybody know what the problem could be??
THANKS!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-windows-closing-172878.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi today I got the quot windows explore stopped working quot problem on Vista system I found the post of Joncotes in last year as below But It doesn t work on me problem working" Visa stopped "windows explore because although I repeated steps - many time the explorer still can not restarts Is anyone can tell me what can I do now Thanks so much the The only goal here is to remove a trojan that installed itself on the computer It can be accessed from the Add Remove programs list but the only problem is explorer keeps restating and you can t open the windows fast enough without them automatically closing This is Visa "windows explore stopped working" problem an in-depth fix read carefully Open Task Manager via Ctrl Alt Delete Click File gt New Task Run Type C Program Files Press ENTER Note Since the explorer browser was accessed through Task Visa "windows explore stopped working" problem Manager it shouldn t close every time Explorer restarts If it does repeat steps - until the window never closes after an Explorer restart Click the Folders link near the bottom of the left-hand colored pane Click Control Panel Click Program and Features Click the Installed tab so it sorts by installation date Notice the programs installed on the current day s date You need to uninstall these READ CAREFULLY When you click to remove one of these programs windows will ask you to restart DO NOT RESTART Click No If When Windows prompts you telling you the uninstallation failed click Uninstall Using Recommended Settings Repeat the same uninstall process on every program installed on the current day s date until Explorer stops restarting Look for quot Safety Alert quot or quot Messaging Service quot specifically nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visa-windows-explore-stopped-working-problem.712575/
Relevancy 39.99%

please i need help in this issue that impact to enterprise , we have user's work in application through internet explore ( intranet) , when user try to print report   he receive message ( windows has blocked software, because it can't verify
the publisher ,  unknown publisher )   we try to edit security setting in IE , but problem not fix

please need help 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7fad55b5-dded-4d5c-acbb-b4bebdd92c20/internet-explore-problem-windows-has-blocked-software-because-it-cant-verify-the-publisher-?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 39.56%

When I try to go into windows Explore to copy or delete files Explore freezes but it does not crash and speed is incredibly slow. Many times Freezes but I can X out. Internet Explorer works but mainly Black and White background as ALL areas in the sites I visit I cannot see the color coded prompts. This just happened. I was using Microsoft Essentials but that even froze. Now I have Kapersky trial but that did not find any viruses or malware after scanning. Any suggestions please? Thanks - DennisM

A:Windows 7 Freezes - Explore Freezes - Internet White Screen

Does everything you do on the computer freeze/move slow?
Please publish a snap shot of your system using speccy following this tutorial
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526828/windows-7-freezes-explore-freezes-internet-white-screen/
Relevancy 39.56%

I downloaded ad aware and was advised when doing it to close any programs
running, before installing it.

I knew how to do this on my old Win 95 but not sure how to on XP.

( just another dumb question, that the easiest to answer)

Thanks for any help.

A:closing programs in windows XP

You're probably ok installing it without ending anything but here's how to do it. Press Alt/Ctrl/Del and Task Manager should appear. Click on the "Applications" tab and you can end them from there ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-programs-in-windows-xp.280373/
Relevancy 39.56%

While on Facebook the other day I accidentally clicked on a link meant to click delete but was momentarily distracted by screaming kids that seems Randomly Windows IE Closing to have given me a virus My Symantec AntiVirus found InternetAntiVirus on my computer and it appears to have cleaned it Then in the process of cleaning InternetAntiVirus it found Trojan-Spy as well That too appears to be cleaned but earlier today my husband purchased SpywareDetector to run in conjunction with Symantec During the last scan about minutes ago SpywareDetector wasn't able to find any spyware malware etc However now my IE windows randomly close The only one that is consistent is Facebook Everytime I try to log on the IE window closes So far I have not had consistent problems with any other site and the only one that hasn't automatically at all is yours yea SpywareDetector noted a number of registry files that have been altered so I want to find out if any of these alterations are causing the problems with IE closing DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run IE Closing Windows Randomly by Katie Dooley at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C IE Closing Windows Randomly WINDOWS IE Closing Windows Randomly system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C windows freddy exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Max Registry Cleaner MaxRCSystemTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDMainService exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDActiveMonitor exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Katie Dooley Desktop PC Problems dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoomail com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms uSearch Bar hxxp safesearch cyberdefender com smallsearch html BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB A FE-B B - -A DC- CBD C B D - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun vptray c progra symant VPTray exe mRun SSBkgdUpdate quot c program files common files scansoft shared ss... Read more

A:IE Closing Windows Randomly

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233703/ie-closing-windows-randomly/
Relevancy 39.56%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz, x64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 87922 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D945GCL, AAD82064-301, BTCL70200RZ3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled
Ok, my computer keeps lagging and i keep "poofing" out of my canasta games...is the cause more likely my internet connection, defrag, or ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lagging-and-windows-closing-on-own.1014812/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello - Last Tuesday I got a quot Windows Security quot virus and I thought I removed it by using the steps from bleepingcomputer com The real issue began on Monday when I received a quot Generic Host Win quot error I am not sure if the two are related After this my computer starting behaving very strangely I sometimes have trouble opening new internet explorer windows and when I finally do get one open it can sometimes Windows Explorer not is closing refuse to Windows Explorer is not closing close Yesterday I received a blue screen error and the message that quot your computer has recovered from a serious error quot The only changes I made to my computer after eliminating the virus was downloading the update for AVG Free Antivirus program Since I have tried to restore my computer to an earlier time and I have run scans with quot Malware Bytes quot a number of times The first time the program found about issues that I promptly cleaned off my system Since I have run the program a few times but no issues were returned Is there something I need to do to Malware Bytes to detect whatever is messing with my computer I thought restoring and running the scans fixed the error but later that day I received another Win error The strange thing is my computer seems to behaving normally today I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice as to what to do next here Thank you in advance for your assistance Mike

A:Windows Explorer is not closing

I mentioned that the error has not popped up today; but I just got another one!
Screen shots of the error are attached.
Again, thanks for your help.

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364619/windows-explorer-is-not-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I am on a Surface Book. Over the last couple days, the Windows Central App keeps closing immediately after opening. If I re install it, it will open then closes after a minute. Then begins repeating the first situation where it closes upon start.
Anyone else seeing this? Know a fix?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435865-windows-central-app-keeps-closing.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Arquivos de programas Windows Ie Closing Windows Suddenly Defender MsMpEng Ie Windows Closing Suddenly exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Arquivos de programas Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Ie Windows Closing Suddenly Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC ARQUIV ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exeC Arquivos de programas IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exeC Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Arquivos de programas Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Arquivos de programas Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Arquivos de programas Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Arquivos de programas Lingea Collins COBUILD lexicon exeC Arquivos de programas Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Arquivos de programas Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Documents and Settings Administrador Desktop Peu Tech Security hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www veloxzone com brR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Ie Windows Closing Suddenly Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www veloxzone com brR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Arquivos de programas Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO QUICKfind BHO Object - C DF A- E - E - AB -D F - C ARQUIV TEXTware QUICKF PlugIns IEHelp dllO - BHO G-Buster Browser Defense - C A C E-EA C- D -B B - - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files gbieh dllO - BHO G-Buster Browser Defense Unibanco - C A C E-EA C- D -B B - - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files gbiehuni dllO - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Arquivos de programas Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Arquivos de programas Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res C ARQUIV MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Pesquisar - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C ARQUIV MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Plugin for spop C Arquivos de programas Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - IERESET INF SEARCH PAGE URL amp http home microsoft com intl br access allinone aspO - Trusted Zone http onecare live comO - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedC bin AvSniff cabO - DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC Windows Live Safety Center Base Module - http cdn scan safety live com resource d lscbase cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedC n bin cabsa cabO - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shoc ash swflash cabO... Read more

A:Ie Windows Closing Suddenly

there is no need to analyze, already solved.
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78208/ie-windows-closing-suddenly/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi.

My problem is that when I leave my computer on and go away for a while that it goes to the welcome screen (not the problem). After I log back on windows explorer usually closes down. So the taskbar and all my icons are gone. It also happens during games sometimes.

Can someone help?

Also, My firefox keeps clearing my bookmarks and personal settings.Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks,
Kaku

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

For your Firefox problem, try the following.
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode). This starts Firefox without
any extensions and the default theme. If this solves the problem, then it is an
extension or theme effecting Firefox. If that doesn't help, create a new profile.
Your profile may have become corrupt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.515972/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have noticed for about a month now, When I am playing poppit and I try to open a new window to check my email it automatically closes out my open poppit game, and changes to my inbox sign-in page. Use to I could play poppit and open another window to check my hotmail and the game window stayed open. Does anyone know why this keeps happening to me? It's very frustrating for me. {Poppit is just one exsample}

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey Everyone

I am having a bit of an issue with my windows XP Pro, moreso my Internet Explorer 6, and it is becoming quite the annoyance. Since I have finished putting together my computer (about a week) I have been having an issue that when I click on a link, such as a comments link on a movible type website, or a delete button, anything really that has to open another specially sized window, it immediately closes itself and the only way to open it is to right click and select open in new window. This is quite frusterating since I am trying to operate my own blog, I can't delete anything! I have Service Pack 2 if that helps any. Any adive would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

A:Magic Closing Windows

get rid of sp2 its nothing but a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/magic-closing-windows.275907/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I hope someone can help me with this as I just cannot seem to find an answer .Whenever I access windows explorer it shuts down after a few seconds I get "exception integer division by zero. (OxC0000994) occurred in the application at location 0x0bd0dbdd . the last set of digits changes as I also had (0x0597dbdd) .I am running windows XP with service pack 2
Well that's it any ideas would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you ,
Eric

A:Windows explorer keeps closing

Is your PC fully patched using windows update?

If you have and codec packages installed, uninstall them as a test. See if the problem stops.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread63720.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.809034/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. This question may be stupid but here goes... Say I have 3 or 4 windows open in Outlook for example in Windows 10, when I minimise or close one window I should automatically view the one behind it once that isn't minimised but when I do this it brings me to the Desktop every time rather than another window I want to view. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Lula

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/minimising-closing-windows-1075434.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone A few days ago I encountered an odd problem Whenever I tried to right-click on an avi Explorer keeps Windows closing file in My Videos in Windows Explorer I would get one of the following problems All the open Windows Explorer windows Windows Explorer keeps closing would just close the taskbar would disappear and then after a few seconds the taskbar would re-appear Although I m not very tech-savvy I think this is what happens when you terminate explorer exe and it sort of automatically restarts itself I d get an error message saying quot Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot and similar to above all the Windows Explorer windows close the taskbar disappears and then re-appears as if nothing happened At the time I didn t think of taking a screenshot of this one but after right-clicking on an avi file and trying to open it in VLC player my default is Windows Media Player so I right-clicked - gt Open With - gt VLC Media Player the Windows Explorer window froze VLC froze while loading the file the taskbar froze but I was able to access other windows such as Windows Media Player and MS Word through alt tab After - minutes a message appeared about Data Execution Prevention and that explorer exe had been shut down in order to prevent data loss Some additional information - I have done virus and malware scans using Norton Malware Bytes and SuperAntiSpyware - my computer is clean - I m using SP I m reluctant to upgrade to SP because I was told that SP may conflict with Symantec products and wreck havoc - I recently upgraded DivX and downloaded the DivX Plus Codec Pack - For some reason I m unable to do System Restores - whenever it re-boots after attempting to restore it says that the restore has failed and that no changes have been made Any idea what the problem could be or steps I can take to better isolate diagnose the problem

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing

Make sure Norton is updated, and then run the SP3 Updater. I have never heard that Norton caused issues with SP3 upgrades. Can you point to a source that stated as such?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310608/windows-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, my computer just recently started acting up, whenever i open up a program. It works for a little bit, then i start to use it, it freezes up and i get a (NOT RESPONGING) next to the program name. I go to task manager and try to shut it off manually, but i get the end task warning screen with a yellow exclamation point in the bottom right hand of the program icon. The message says that closing this program may cause immediate instability on your computer . . . Then, my computer totally freezes and i have to maunally turn it off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49707/programs-are-not-closing-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 39.56%

Has anyone else noticed this,

I am using a browser, and for example looking at the forum here. When I close the browser without logging out from the forum and then restart the browser I am still logged in.

This never happens with Vista, I always have to login again

Does seven not close the programs properly to speed up the re-opening??

Does this not infringe on some aspect off security? Not for me I am the only user

Could this be a bug?

This works for both IE and Firefox

Pooch

A:Windows 7 not closing programs

Hi Pooch,

When you logged in for the first time at the forum did you by any chance leave the remember me checkbox?

I am always logged in automatically at home, but on non secure locations I uncheck the option so as the site asks me to log in each time

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/939-windows-7-not-closing-programs.html