Windows Support Forum

Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

Q: Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

XP Pro SP all latest updates When I reboot I can correctly sync to a time server but after an unknown amount of time it goes back to saying quot The RPC server is unavailable quot instantly after clicking Update Now regardless of what server I tell it to Unable server more) Solved: server to sync (but is time - to RPC unavailable sync to I also noticed that if I view my Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more) nForce Networking Controller status then click Properties and go to the Authentication tab everything is greyed out If I hit OK without changing anything I can t change it even if I wanted to a message pops up saying quot An unexpected condition occured Not all of your requested changes in settings could be made quot and just goes back to that window I have to hit cancel to close it These two issues seem to be related since right after I reboot the Authentication tab works normally as well as the time sync like I mentioned above and they both seem to stop working at the same time I have no idea if it happens after something I run or if it s just after a certain amount of time or what Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

I have the same problem exactly. There is an article at Ed Bott's Windows Expertise (http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=1779) tyhat discusses problems with the Windows time Server, but nothing he suggested worked for me. It just won't update...no matter what server I choose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-sync-to-time-server-rpc-server-is-unavailable-but-more.607047/
Relevancy 81.53%

My XP Window Timer Service was unable to sync with internet time server. Whenever i click on the "Update Now" button, error msg "An error occurred getting the status of the last synchronization. ELement not found" shown up

Anyone can help to solve this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-sync-with-internet-time-server.549705/
Relevancy 80.6%

pretty self explanitory whenever i update the time manually i get that error message i get the following error messages in the event viewer please help Event Type Error Event Source W Time Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer OFFICE Description The time server during is time sync unavailable" "rpc provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources however none of the sources are currently accessible No attempt to contact a source will be made for minutes NtpClient has no source of accurate time For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source W Time Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer OFFICE Description Time Provider NtpClient An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured "rpc server is unavailable" during time sync peer time windows com x NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in minutes The error was A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host x For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp nbsp

A:"rpc server is unavailable" during time sync

It's saying that DNS is unable to resolve the name of the time server 'time.nist.gov' do a Start | Run | 'cmd', followed by 'nslookup time.nist.gov' I'm getting an ip address of 192.43.244.18 back. If you can't resolve it, then you may need to choose a different DNS server for resolution, post back your DNS settings from Start | Run | 'cmd', 'ipconfig /all'

Sorry for the delay in response, I couldn't get to some of these older posts before.

Rich.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-is-unavailable-during-time-sync.575083/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi I am getting this error message quot A connection Server 6.5, Unable to SQL Connect, Solved: Unavailable could not be established to FEPNT - DB-Library Unable to connect SQL Server is Unavailable Solved: SQL Server 6.5, Unable to Connect, Unavailable or does not exist quot I can t connect to any databases and I was told that the transaction log is full Error I was also told to increase the size of the transaction log or truncate the transaction log I was also told that I can increase the size of the transaction log using the ALTER DATABASE statement I was also told to truncate the transaction log I can set the Truncate Log On Checkpoint database option or run the DUMP TRANSACTION command with NO Solved: SQL Server 6.5, Unable to Connect, Unavailable LOG parameter Since i can t connect to Solved: SQL Server 6.5, Unable to Connect, Unavailable any database by any method including Query Analyzer how can I get to my databases in the first place so I can truncate my log file s Can I hack into SQL Server namely going to the OS and copying the database file s and running a command line executable to truncate the log file s since I can t get to them via any windows interface Please help give direction here Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 98.9%

Hi all

Im trying to get XP to synchronise time with an internet time server. I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3.

When I click synchronise I get the error..'An error occured getting the status of the last synchronization. The RPC server is unavailable'.
Now, ive pinged successfully time.nist.gov. I have been into services (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services) and started DHCP Client and RPC and RPC Locator.
But the clock won't synchronise.

What am I missing?

Glenn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/synchronising-time-rpc-server-is-unavailable.1043763/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello-

I have a computer on the network that has been on about six months. We are running MS Exchange on our server. When this one computer starts Outlook 2000, sometimes it gets on the network and sometimes it doesn't. Generally, the first time you try to connect to Outlook, it will delay and then give the message Your Exchange Server is Unavailable and give you the option to try again or cancel. If you close it out and get back into it, it will usually go through on the second or third time. The computer can always connect to the internet and will receive internet mail, just not intranet mail. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 94.17%

Hello! I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, and ever since I have owned this PC the time and date is ALWAYS incorrect. It will not synchronize, and says that there is an error.

I attempted to change the date/time using the command prompt. I am the administrator and only user of this computer, however this error came up:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Owner>date
The current date is: 30/08/2009
Enter the new date: (dd-mm-yy) 23-09-09
A required privilege is not held by the client.
C:\Users\Owner>time
The current time is: 19:17:33.20
Enter the new time: 00:46:00
A required privilege is not held by the client.
Can anyone help me to adjust the date/time? This is highly irritating! Thank you!

Relevancy 93.31%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AD Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hello I am unable to update my internet time I Internet Unable to Time with Solved: Synchronize Server keep getting the error message that says quot An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time-a nist gov quot I tried synchronizing with time-a nist gov time nist Solved: Unable to Synchronize with Internet Time Server gov and time windows com -- I guess these are the default Internet time servers There is also an error message in the Event log I will paste a copy of the Event Viewer error message below Event Type Error Event Source W Time Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer Description The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time Solved: Unable to Synchronize with Internet Time Server sources however none of the sources are Solved: Unable to Synchronize with Internet Time Server currently accessible No attempt to contact a source will be made for minutes NtpClient has no source of accurate time For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp I tried doing a system restore to an earlier point when I was able to update the internet date time but that did not resolve the issue I am still unable to update internet date and time I know that Microsoft will end support for XP on April but I will be using this until then Please help me with this issue thank you nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

I've been having on-again off-again problems with the clock randomly resetting to a day or two in the future In the past going into the internet time settings and telling it to update again fixed it However the last time or two this has internet Computer an server sync will with time not happened I kept getting a message saying Computer will not sync with an internet time server the connection to the server had timed out and since I was in a hurry I just reset the date manually and went on my Computer will not sync with an internet time server way The most recent occurrence I had plenty of time on Computer will not sync with an internet time server my hands and decided to see if I could figure out what was up with the internet time sync and switched it to a different server to see if that would fix it It didn't and after a couple tries instead of saying the connection had timed out it said that quot the peer is unreachable quot I went through all the default time servers and it did the same thing - it time out several times and then it said the peer was unreachable I then went and plugged in servers from this list- same thing If anyone has any idea what's happening or how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it Thanks

A:Computer will not sync with an internet time server

Sounds like you need a new CMOS battery

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127829-computer-will-not-sync-internet-time-server.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I got this error msg when I attempted to launch a full system backup using Acronis True Image Home I Server RPC Solved: Unavailable quot Googled it quot and found this forum Solved: RPC Server Unavailable This very thread was posted back in Aug by AbsentHarvest and dealt with not being able to share files between his PC and a laptop The quot fix quot was to look in the Services listing Solved: RPC Server Unavailable accessed via Start - gt Run- gt Solved: RPC Server Unavailable Services msc and confirm that Remote Procedure Call was quot Started quot and set to quot Automatic Startup quot right-click and open Properties if not My Acronis problem was not solved at this point because RPC in my case was on amp running but selecting the quot Depencencies quot tab at the top of the Properties Window showed that the quot Acronis Scheduler Service quot DID DOES depend on RPC running This now obvious connection between RPC and the Acronis Scheduler Service even though the actual error message was misleading quot turned on the light quot for me I remembered turning this Acronis service OFF a few weeks ago via one of the Startup Mgr utilities thinking it was involved with scheduling running Acronis backups automatically I thought I had perhaps selected this option by mistake during the Acronis setup procedure So it was all somewhat quot fortuitous quot but turning Acronis Scheduler back ON Automatic did solve my problem and the backup ran successfully Now having said all this and perhaps it will be useful to someone this is my first post on this forum and I need to correct the spelling of my quot User Name quot -- it should be quot Koosharem quot -- but I cannot find the place to correct it Any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: RPC Server Unavailable

Welcome to TSG.
looks like your name is already corrected.

And you are correct. Using Acronis for backup, I also forgot that I stopped it and had to click on it again in msconfig and the Timeout monitor monitor under the Startup tab.
thanks for reminding us.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-rpc-server-unavailable.984162/
Relevancy 89.01%

The computer i unavailable. is server Solved: The RPC m using now is a stationary computer Zero It s directly connected to the router My laptop connects to the router wirelessly I have no problem sharing files on the laptop Zero the stationary computer can access the files on the laptop However it won t let me share files to my laptop or share in general Stationary Computer Zero Running OS Vista Basic Laptop Running OS Vista Premium So instantly I looked around online and I ve found that this has occured through service pack upgrades etc This computer is brand new I had purchased it a couple of days prior to this posting The key problem Is that the File Sharing won t enable SEE RPC ERROR jpg As you can see there is a message indicating that quot The RPC Server is unavailable quot I have checked my firewall settings ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Solved: The RPC server is unavailable. Sharing is allowed So I ve looked around some more and I found that people are having trouble with the service itself I open Services As Admin and look at the RPC service It s automatic and has started However it won t allow me to restart the service or edit it in any manner SEE RPC SERVICE jpg Both computers are WORKGROUP they re both named and both are Public Network I m stumped on this one It has no problem accessing shared files however I cannot share files in return which is required this issue is important Any suggestions or solutions are welcome thanks nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

My daughters computer is losing the internet connection after o minutes online A message will appear brand product version Error Connection to service failed Please reinstall brand product version I ve tried doing a network connection repair by typing in the command prompt netsh int ip reset resetlog txt and that s when I get RPC Server Unavailable Netgear Mbps Wireless PCI adapter wg v Belkin G router Server Solved: RPC Unavailable! Dell Solved: RPC Server Unavailable! Dimension Win XP Home gb HDD Memory CPU I ve gone in Services but have not found RPC Server I ve seen RPC Locator I ve checked the properties of that and the dependecies and re-started this program The router and modem is just on the other side of wall from where the computer is about ft One other thing the cmos batteryl must be needing changed because the time has been showing I change the date and time back but within a week it s back to again Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

My audio device has stopped working. The audio service has stopped and will not restart with error 1068 Dependency or group failed to start. Audio Endpoint builder reports RPC server is unavailable. RPC, RPC locator and RPC endpoint mapper are all started: Audio device is installed and reports driver is working properly (Its a firewire Presonus firebox) I have un-installed and re-installed it. I read a report saying Java install could be a problem so I have un-installed it. I have recently installed a NAS device, but the Audio has worked perfectly for days since the installation. I haven't found anything else that doesn't work so-far, despite the fact that there are lots of dependencies listed for RPC. I have rebooted the system several times to no avail.
Help! I cant watch my Family Guy DVD's without audio!!!

Relevancy 89.01%

I have RPC unavailable is Server [SOLVED] been having this issue I came to my PC the other day and I [SOLVED] RPC Server is unavailable couldn't connect to the internet My first thought was to reset my modem router Did so and no changes This PC is connected directly to the modem My phone and tv were connected to my WiFi so I checked the other PC directly connected and it was still connected to the internet So I checked my network connection and it was showing limited or no connectivity I tried to repair and it said IP address could not be renewed So I tried to go into the command prompt and renew it Thats when I got the error RPC Server is unavailable I had never seen that error before I did some research tried a few things and nothing seemed to work I then figured I would try to access a prior system restore point Well that worked but when I restart my PC it does back to having this issue The only thing I have done recently which I figure may have caused an issue was plug a laptop SATA HD into one of the slave spots Needed to remove some files from it I have done this before without any complications I can't think of anything else that I have done differently

A:[SOLVED] RPC Server is unavailable

Go to Start/Run and type services.msc and press enter. In the Services window, scroll down to Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and double click it. Make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic and that the Service is Started. You may need to start the DCOM Server Process and the RPC Endpoint Mapper as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-rpc-server-is-unavailable-821674.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help. I have been printing from a networked PC & have had no trouble at all in doing so.

Today however the PC in question keeps throwing up the error message 'RPC Server unavailable' whenever I try to print anything?

Your help & advice is greatly appreciated.

Braz.

A:Solved: RPC Server is unavailable

Try restarting the Remote Procedure Call Service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-rpc-server-is-unavailable.549315/
Relevancy 89.01%

I had a problem with my XP system suddenly seeing my external firewire drive as letter H, when I needed it to be 'G'... This is a job for ComputerManagement--/ Disc Management.. After failing and reading up, I discovered you must:
make sure:
--you have your TCP port enabled in Windows Firewall.. A whole other subject....
--Make sure you have the correct Windows Service enabled and STARTED, such as RPC (Remote Procedure Call)
--enable the DCOM tunneling, (go to Start and then Run. Write DCOMCNFG and then click on the Component Services. From the component services, go to My Computer and choose Properties. After this, turn to Default Properties tab and then Enable DCOM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-is-unavailable-solved-2.999357/
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm getting an error about the status of my last sync because the RPC server is unavailable for both time.windows.com and time.nist.gov. I'm just wondering if this is happening for everybody?

If not, is it because my computer just crashed the BIOS?

A:Time Sync Unavailable

Works for me here. I forget exactly what the IP address is there, I found it on a free time server list, and it worked. I did have an issue with the standard windows time server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-sync-unavailable.517665/
Relevancy 84.71%

Windows XP Professional ver service pack I am a novice Need Step by Step help please Thank you The message I get is quot Error message - unable to log in to SQL server description - time matters could not connect to the SQL database this 12 in to unable SQL Time Matters to Server log can result from incorrect SQL configuration settings or from interference by Time Matters 12 unable to log in to SQL Server security features such as firewalls and antivirus programs - cannot open database quot time matters quot requested by the login The login failed Recommended action - review support Center article ID for instructions on diagnosing and resolving the problem quot Time Matters 12 unable to log in to SQL Server The last Time Matters technician took the following notes After I received this note I used the tests to decompress the C drive but discovered that the tick boxes had already been deselected so it appears that the hard drive is not compressed PM amp gt gt no consultant after minutes gt gt gt gt file locations are correct gt gt database created gt gt started SQL Server instance still no connect gt gt disabled firewall gt gt restart services - failed still gt gt TCP Ip and named pipes already enabled gt gt flushed DNS gt gt already set to mixed mode gt gt checked DB on SQL management studio and we get error saying that the DB is compressed and we need to decompress the HDD gt gt advised quot SQL Server Cannot Install Files To The Compressed Or Encrypted Folder - TM LNTPA quot gt gt user understood and ended call NEXT AGENT Make sure that they have decompressed the HDD before helping out continue with SQL first troubleshooting and call consultant for possible escalation Issue was because of Compressed Folder Legal SQL Troubleshooting EMAIL STARTS To email address removed CC BCC Subject Customer Support Call Information Body Good day Here is the information you have requested http support microsoft com kb en-us Please check with your IT personnel and show him this link so that we could at least decompress your hard drive and try to connect to Time Matters again Thank you James B Time Matters Tech Support EMAIL ENDS nbsp

A:Time Matters 12 – unable to log in to SQL Server

I've edited your post to remove your email address. Please don't post that on public forums as the spammers harvest them that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-matters-12-%C2%96-unable-to-log-in-to-sql-server.1114530/
Relevancy 84.71%

When I reboot my computer I keep getting the message : HP AiO Device object server register class object failed =0x800706ba the rpc server is unavailable.

I have a Fujitsu Scaleo P PC on Windows XP Service pack 2

The computer was running slow, so I restarted it and now have no task bar and can't get onto Internet Explorer. It won't run the virus checker.

Please could anyone give me any ideas of what to try.

Thanks, Helen

A:Solved: register class object failed =0x800706ba the rpc server is unavailable

Can you open the system in Safe Mode by tapping Function 8 before Windows starts to load?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-register-class-object-failed-0x800706ba-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable.961416/
Relevancy 83.42%

Whenever I try to make a change in Internet Time Settings to the server and press either "OK" or "Update Now", I receive an error "Your changes could not be saved." I have searched for a fix but nothing I've tried has worked. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Relevancy 81.7%

I have 2 servers; windows 2000 & windows 2008, I can always access them via XP but my system 7 home can't authenticate. It appears to add the domain name as a preamble my user name in the authentication....does this make sense?

thank
-Jeff

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-logon-to-server-2000-or-server-2008-from-windows-7-home-469638.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm trying to map a drive from an XP client to a UNIX server, but I receive the following error message:

The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:
The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

The share on the UNIX server is mapped successfully by other PCs, both XP and Windows 7, so the problem must be on the client side.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-map-drive-to-unix-server-the-specified-server-cannot-perform-the-requested.1103311/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have been having a lot of problems on my Dell (Windows XP), mostly programs not responding. My problem right now is that the "RPC server is unavailable". I am also noticing that javascript or new windows will not pop up for me. What's the problem??? Thanks

A:RPC server unavailable

If you (or persons unknown) have disabled Remote Procedure Call try this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs
"Start"=dword:00000002

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-unavailable.217860/
Relevancy 79.12%

network and sharing center is open click on sharing and discovery click quot turn on sharing so anyone withnetwork access can open change and create files quot is checked attempt to hit apply and get quot the rpc server is unavailable have done server The unavailable rpc is all usual trouble shooting essentially metaphorically my computer network has no walls as if im in the desert but i cant go left right forward or backward as no computers or anything are visable on my vista machine all other networked computers laptops ps 's and xbox 's can see each other and the The rpc server is unavailable such i even have a fedora laptop networked to my for media center there is no rd pty software on my vista problem comuter and the firewall is completely off and still issue continues i saw in some other posts that ppl were suggesting turning on printer sharing i can not as i have no printer networked or connected to this computer its just grayed out

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280979-rpc-server-unavailable.html
Relevancy 79.12%

hi, trying to install a printer to my computer, but keep getting an error reading rpc server is unavailable, can anyone help please???

A:rpc server unavailable, need help????

Quote:

Originally Posted by john mills

hi, trying to install a printer to my computer, but keep getting an error reading rpc server is unavailable, can anyone help please???

Well I found this procedure that fixed this problem for another poster.

I found the problem. The RPC server is unavailable because the service couldn't function properly because it's dependancy (server service) couldn't start... I checked the dependencies through the server's properties and I looked through services and started those required dependancies to start the server service, once that started... Everything functioned properly. Sorry, didn't mean waste the thread. I just hope this thread will come handy to those who stumble upon it through google with a similar problem. xD

If you don't know to get to servces. Start> control panel>administrative tools>services.

Good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rpc-server-unavailable-need-help-509900.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Got this response on another computer using XP, dont know Service Pack No and dont know what it means except that printer wont work and cannot install it either! What happened and how can it be resolved? Anyone?
EW

See if this website has the solution for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rpc-server-unavailable-340373.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Been using this Dell laptop for years and been fine!!
Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3

I did a chkdisc and cleaned up a few things, then all of a sudden, i am having trouble with the RPC Server. A lot of my services have been turned off, and cannot get anything to turn on. ie Skype, Avast etc.

Nothing in my Users listed, cannot download anything but I can surf the Net.

Please help!!! I am fairly computer savey, but cannot seem to fix this!!!

Desperate!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-is-unavailable.1003784/
Relevancy 79.12%

A few months ago, our printer stopped working.. .unsure why. I bought a new printer (easy fix), HP Deskjet 1050, and went through all of the install, but at the last step, when I connect the USB to my computer (Dell Laptop, Windows XP), it says it cannot finish setup because "RPC Server Unavailable" and on the install screen, it menioned a problem with the Printer Spooling System. I restarted and all that, but to no avail... three hours later, I still need to print docs out... help please!!

A:RPC Server Unavailable

Hiya try here,http://www.articlesbase.com/softwar...ix-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable-3344677.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-unavailable.974053/
Relevancy 79.12%

I run XP Professional on my Desktop.

I am currently getting this following error message when using my trados 7 freelancer for translating. (-2147023174): (-2147023174): The REC Server is unavailable.

I cant say that i have done much different with this PC lately, except installed network connection to my laptop that runs Vista. I have AVG as antivirus program (freeware )

Any suggestion what this problem could be caused by - and how do I fix it????

Thanks

Relevancy 79.12%

I've searched all over to find a fix for this problem and have no joy yet. It just started without me doing anything that I know of.
Basically, I can't access other systems on the network. When I try to turn on public folder sharing, I get the error "RPC Server is unavailable". WHen I try to turn on File Sharing, it does nothing but go back to the screen and shows it as 'off'.
So, I actually did some research and there's very little info on it in Vista. I looked at the service and can't see how I can even turn it on or off....it's all greyed out. I'm thinking of doing a repair to Vista which I've never done but there's got to be a way around this. Even turning the firewall off has done no good.
If anyone has any ideas, I'll be very appreciative.
Thanks

Paul

A:RPC Server is unavailable

Hi Paul

When options are greyed out, that can often mean you're not currently logged in with administrative rights. You can also right-click the system utility that you wish to use, and select "run as administrator", and provide the administrator password.

I know the following solution might seem obvious, but if everything was working previously (and recently), you can try Vista's System Restore - using a restore point from prior to your connection issues.

As malware has a bad habit of mucking up network settings (in the effort to enlist your PC as part of a "botnet", for example), it's a good idea to run as many scans as you can on as thorough settings as possible. Should you find (or simply strongly suspect) a malware presence, visit the 5-Step Security Checklist here at TSF --- http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Should your PC prove malware-free, and System Restore prove to be either ineffective or unavailable, check in the EventViewer logs for entries that coincide with connection failures. And also view Vista networking setup tips from the TechNet folks -- Vista has a few things to look at that weren't around in XP:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb878110.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/rpc-server-is-unavailable-215815.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Welcome, raindogs&cats. Unless the following words in this post miraculously clear everything up for you it will be to your advantage to start your own thread and describe what you have and what problem(s) you're encountering. We can then try to tailor responses for you.

To check on services: Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. Right clicking on a service will give some more options; the one selected above was Properties, and then the Dependencies tab. On that tab you can learn the prerequisites for the service and also what else depends on the service.

that was the last post i saw ... under the dependencies tab it says no dependencies im kinda stumped to what to do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-is-unavailable.1010891/
Relevancy 79.12%

Had to reinstall Win XP Pro SP2, on Dell Dimension E510, dual Intel Pentium. On the reboot, it recognized the HP OfficeJet G85 printer, but the following error message came up when trying to install the drivers: "Cannot install this hardware, RPC server is unavailable." I check taskmanager, and spooler isn't running (and i don't have lexserver running either), but when I check the system the spooler status is active. Not quite sure what to do at this point.

A:RPC Server is unavailable

check it is enabled in services

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rpc-server-is-unavailable-215756.html
Relevancy 79.12%

My wife installed the new version of Internet Explorer After installing it everything worked properly but once I turned on the computer the first time after installing the software I start getting the error that I couldn t connect to the internet the issue was that the computer was quot acquiring the network address quot After waiting for too long the computer wasn t able to acquire the address So I started looking on the internet to solve the problem The first thing I tried was using the Command Prompt to check what IP address I had typing ipconfig The result I got under IP Address was so no address The next step was to use ipconfig renew It was on this step when I got the error quot The RPC server is unavailable quot The recommended solutions I found took me to the Services window Undr Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Services The Server RPC is Unavailable Here the advice was to put the Remote Procedure Call RPC on Automatic mode But the RPC was already on automatic So what I did was look for other services that were related to the process of acquiring an IP Address Going through all the list I found the DHCP Client This one even though was set up as automatic for some reason it was The RPC Server is Unavailable stopped So right-clicking on the DHCP Client-properties under the general tab I changed the service status to start This fixed the whole problem I am now able to connect to the internet I hope this info help someone else with the The RPC Server is Unavailable same problem nbsp

A:The RPC Server is Unavailable

Hi and welcome to TSG.
Here is a pretty good guideline for necessary started tasks.
Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

The trick generally is not the task itself but the status of the task dependencies that is the killer.
Again,welcome to TSG.We look forward to seeing you post up in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-rpc-server-is-unavailable.927582/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a Windows Home Server SP3 (Windows server 2003).

I took my computer over to my cousins house and I wasn't able to share the folder over the network.

I am back at my house trying to fix this now.

I tried various things but still couldn't get it working.

When I open network connections it says (empty)

I can get to the internet and ping my laptop but my laptop cannot ping the server.

Whenever I try and install a new network adapter I get "The RPC server is unavailable"

Also the network connections service says "starting".
When I do ipconfig /all next to the ethernet adapter it has a long hash tag instead of the name.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

A:The RPC server is unavailable

Symptom: Your network connections folder is empty.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, follow each one with the Enter key:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

Reboot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-rpc-server-is-unavailable.840837/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi folks I'm running Vista Home Premium SP I went to www mozilla com to try to download firefox and as soon as I clicked on the quot Download Firefox quot Unavailable RPC is Server The button I The RPC Server is Unavailable got the message below This happened when I was at one other site but I can't remember the name of the site ETA I just remembered that it is scottrade com The only difference was the Line and Char specified in the error I ran a scan with MBAM and found nothing I'm wondering why in the world a webpage needs my RPC server Is that common Either way I checked the server and the locator in services and the server was started So I don't have a clue what's causing this Any and all help is much appreciated Webpage error detailsUser Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT Trident GTB SLCC NET CLR Media Center PC eSobiSubscriber NET CLR OfficeLiveConnector OfficeLivePatch NET CLR Timestamp Tue Mar UTCMessage The RPC server is unavailable Line Char Code URI http www mozilla com js download old js

A:The RPC Server is Unavailable

Try it again, and can you download from other sites?Try http://www.getfirefox.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304658/the-rpc-server-is-unavailable/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have windows XP and am getting this error. Any suggestions?

I recently had to use Windows Recovery console to restore the windows\system32\config\system file.

My system boots now, but I had to re-load some drivers and now am getting this RPC error when I try to load some additional programs/utilities.

Any ideas on how to remove/fix? I went to Microsoft and they say it is a windows 2000 error?

A:The RPC server is unavailable.

Sounds like it's been disabled....maybe...lol
Go to Start>Run, type services.msc, hit enter.

***DISCLAIMER.....BE CAREFUL IN HERE....IT'S AS BAD AS MESSING IN THE REGISTRY...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!***

Scroll down until you see Remote Procedure Call (RPC), then look under the Status column to see if it is started. If so, you have a problem. If not, look under the Startup Type to see if it is set to disabled, manual, or automatic (It should be automatic). Change it as necessary (right click the line, click properties, then change it in the drop down and click apply).

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-rpc-server-is-unavailable.469027/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi -

Upon ipconfig /release or renew it says "rpc server unavailable".

Ive looked at services and and Remote Procedure Call and Endpoint Mapper are started. DHCP says it's "starting". System restore didn't work; resetting IP and winsock didn't work. DCom says its working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Just a guess, but try to stop DHCP and then restart it.
Scan for viruses also - just in case.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/rpc-server-unavailable-564713.html
Relevancy 79.12%

For the past two days When I log-on (to the PC I get the following message:

Quote:

Register Class Objects failed: hRes= 0x800706BA
The RPC server is unavailable. Maximum retry attempts exceeded.

After being on a few minutes I usually get the following message

Quote:

The system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved work will be lost.
The shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

I google the problem but spammy results keep coming up

A:The RPC server is unavailable

Held out to be an error caused by damaged system files.

Suggestion to try using System Restore and restore to an earilier point.

I would run the sfc /scannow command myself, since that's the basic cure for damaged/missing system files.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541284/the-rpc-server-is-unavailable/
Relevancy 79.12%

I was trying to install the latest ATI Drivers when the Installer gave me an RPC Server Unavailable error. Both RPC Services ARE running. I dont know what else I can do.

A:RPC Server Unavailable

Checkout this MS article for a fix: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-unavailable.470389/
Relevancy 79.12%

I cannot access the RPC server. After I log on, I get the error message of

"System Error &H800706BA (-2147023174). The RPC server is unavailable."

Whenever I run services.msc and try to start it from there, I get the message:

"Could not start the Remote Procedure Call RPC service on Local Computer.
Error 5. Access is Denied."

I tried to download AVG antivirus, but it won't install without access to the RPC server.

Relevancy 79.12%

Now I only know RPC is Unavailable because the SolarWinds WMI Monitor (Points to our DC with Exchange Windows 2008 NOT R2) is telling me so, I have tried most of the check in the services on my XP PC and they all look to be right.
The monitor just occassionally tells me that RPC is unavailable, when I try to ping the server using it's name it isn't there but a ping to its ip address says it is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rpc-server-is-unavailable-497216.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm trying to install drivers for my SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, but when the installation starts a message pops up that says:

"The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched.

The RPC server is unavailable."

How can I enable or "make available" the RPC server?

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I just completed a session in the Hijack This section of TSF with Ried He did an server RESOLVED: unavailable us RPC excellent job I now have another problem I think RESOLVED: RPC server us unavailable pertains to this forum and he has referred me here I have an HP series printer connected to this system which had been working fine for at least a year with no problems A day or RESOLVED: RPC server us unavailable so after the malware cleanup I attempted to print a file and when I switched the printer on Windows announced it had found new hardware Windows even identified the device as the The install hardware wizard came up and I proceeded through that process The wizard halted with an error message that included the name of the printer and quot an error occurred during device installation The RPC server is unavailable quot I thought I would try to re-install the software from my printer disc This did not re-establish the printer I think the RPC server is a service that may have been disabled or obliterated either during cleanup or I could invent any number of likely scenarios I did a google search with keywords download Microsoft print spooler since at least one error message might have contained the word spooler There is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article having to do with a vulnerability involving the print spooler or the server I downloaded the fix offered just in case I had not done so with Windows Automatic Updates At this writing the printer is still seen as new hardware and the hardware wizard will not complete If you have any suggestions I would be most appreciative mitcorb

A:RESOLVED: RPC server us unavailable

RPC Server is a service configurable via Administrative Tools. Think it should be set to "Automatic".

I would uninstall the HP printer software, reboot and then reinstall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-rpc-server-us-unavailable-154685.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I am a beginner and know very little so please take this into consideration.
I am using Windows 7.
When I start up my computer and type in my User name I get the message that RPC server is unavailable. I really dont have a clue what RPC is, why I'm suddenly getting this message when i have done nothing differently and how I go about sorting it. Can anyone help! Please!

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello all!

I am not a "computer" person, so I hope you will be patient with me. I have an accounting system on my computer for travel agencies. Friday afternoon I started getting the following error: "System Error/Code: 1722/RPC Server is Unavailable". I an unable to access or run any of my reports out of the program. Last night I completely shut the whole system down in hopes it would be okay today. Unfortunately I have the same problem. I have called the organization that we purchased the software from and they said they have never seen that error before. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to check this out??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/rpc-server-unavailable-error-430318.html
Relevancy 78.26%

After installing several WIN 7 updates I lost my audio, (Creative Audigy).
In checking the services, I found that when I try to start the Audio service, I find that all dependencies are working except, "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

When I try to start it, I get, "ERROR 1722 RPC Service Unavailble"
In checking RPC service I find that it is running.

When I disable the Audigy and use the Motherboard audio, I get the same result, no audio.

Anybody have an idea? I have checked many forums, even Microsoft, to no avail.

A:No Audio and RPC Server Unavailable

Hi Vamark,
If you have no audio at all, it must be the drivers. If audio works with everything else, I found you a possible solution from this forum:
"Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" service will not start

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/81379-no-audio-rpc-server-unavailable.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I keep getting this popup and it says 'The email server is currently unavailable!'. It happens regularly but not all the time and sometimes all at once. You know like buses! Thanks for your help in advance!

P.S It seems as though it's nothing to do with the email client.

A:email server is currently unavailable!

Quote: Originally Posted by Obsidian

I keep getting this popup and it says 'The email server is currently unavailable!'. It happens regularly but not all the time and sometimes all at once. You know like buses! Thanks for your help in advance!

P.S It seems as though it's nothing to do with the email client.

That usually means that the service that provides the email is having problems. Go to their website see if any mention is made of a problem.

t

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/48148-email-server-currently-unavailable.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I get this error trying to install my newest Video Drivers And another when trying to click on a picture link I ve gotten a couple others is unavailable. did search. Yes, server a RPC I here and there usually when trying to install something I made sure I have the RPC set to Automatic and it is started I even tried restarting it I don t think I have any spyware running or anything I ve ran Spybot and Adaware I looked at this http windows ittoolbox com groups technical-functional windows-xp-pro-l rpc-enable- but when I checked my registry everything seemed to be in order I think I m not real sure but I don t want to go down that road and royally mess everything up Anyways I also tried to Start Run type in net start rpcss click OK I got the cmd box to popup but nothing was fixed Every RPC server is unavailable. Yes, I did a search. road I ve went down has came to a dead end I could easily do a reformat but then I d have to transfer a good g of RPC server is unavailable. Yes, I did a search. files to my other computer which would be a royal pain that I d love to avoid Any ideas that I may have missed would be helpful Cheers Edit - My DxDiag just in case it might help http dodownload filefront com e d e e f c d be f d e bde nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Hey all server XP is windows RCP unavailable says this is a somewhat complicated problem I had a stubborn rootkit virus that I was finally able to remove after hours and several different anti-virus scans Once finished I re-booted and found I could not log on to the internet I tried Start gt run gt ipconfig renew and received the following error No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection The RPC server is unavailable I went to Start gt Run gt Services and located the Remote Procedure Call RCP and the Remote Procedure Call Locater services and set them both to start automatically DCOM Server Process Launcher and Wireless Zero Config are also both working and set to start automatically I windows XP says RCP server is unavailable rebooted to the same problem There are no dependencies for this service and they appear to be running properly but I still get the RPC Server is unavailable message Could I have inadvertently deleted a vital registry during the anti-virus scans The last ditch effort is to do an XP install repair but I d rather not if I can avoid it Any help would be appreciated I ve beet at this for HOURS Thank you

A:windows XP says RCP server is unavailable

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418715/windows-xp-says-rcp-server-is-unavailable/
Relevancy 77.83%

I Googled my problem and found a page on this site that helped me figure out a solution different than the OP I will cite and thought I d post the details here for others -And I wanted to thank all the posters on the original closed thread page http forums techguy org networking -solved-rpc-server-unavailable html --your comments were indeed helpful to me though my problem was different than the original poster My problem was I am running Windows and I use screenwriting software called Final Draft version I had always saved my screenplays as PDF s without issue through the FD program until one day an error came up and it would not save PDF s anymore Error quot The RPC server is unavailable quot Solution for me To make a long story short the discussion on the techguy page above led me to my solution not a service RPC needed but a service that needed RPC I ve heard people refer to the quot Save as PDF quot function as quot Print to PDF quot so I checked and The Print Spooler Service was not PDF Final "The RPC error Draft is unavailable" server Solved: running On my hunch I restarted it and was able to save PDF s in Final Draft once again Here Solved: Final Draft PDF error "The RPC server is unavailable" s what I did Go to -Start -Control Panel -Administrative Tools -Services -scroll down to find quot Print Spooler quot My Print Spooler Service was marked as quot disabled quot so I enabled it thusly -right click on print spooler and go to the drop-down menu for quot startup type quot Select quot Automatic quot Click quot Apply quot at the bottom of the window -After that do not close the window but select quot Start quot under quot Service Status quot then click quot ok quot to close the window You should now see the Print Spooler shown in the Services list as quot Started quot and quot Automatic quot This solved my problem I closed and reopened Final Draft and was able to save PDF s once again I hope someone finds this useful as none of the google searches for my particular problem helped me until I stumbled onto this site Thank you TechGuy Forums nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-final-draft-pdf-error-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable.1097058/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all Just getting my drivers updated before installing a second graphics card After doing what RPC from follow on unavailable, thread. is server The last looked like installing all of the files it gives me the error in the screen shot attached The RPC server is unavailable, follow on from last thread. quot RPC server is unavailable quot I ve read through the previous thread about this located in the following http forums techguy org networking -solved-rpc-server-unavailable html There was a very handy section that read - quot I found the problem The RPC server is unavailable because the service couldn t function properly because it s dependancy server service couldn t start I checked the dependencies through the server s properties and I looked through services and started those required dependancies to start the server service once that The RPC server is unavailable, follow on from last thread. started Everything functioned properly Sorry didn t mean waste the thread I just hope this thread will come handy to those who stumble upon it through google with a similar problem xD quot Thing is when I look in the dependencies of any service it tells me there s none gt lt I wonder if this could be something to do with a windows update issue of some kind which I do have a couple of Need these drivers installed I ve tried a mental amount of first line fixes Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Faramous nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

I have a small network I run at home, 3 xp Machines, 1 Vista Ult, connecting to 2003 Enterprise Server. The server is only being used to run Apache, MySql, PHP, and as a file server. There is no domain set up. Only the Vista isn't from my MSDN Universal Subscription. If I turn off the server for whatever reason, once I reboot a machine, it's gone from the network, but will immediately reappear once the server is back online. Is this normal behavior? On the machine I work on all the time, I get the message Network is unavailable, you may not have permission, etc. It doesn't even show up itself in networking until the server is back. Is this default behavior when there's a server in the network?
TIA.

Relevancy 77.4%

I am running windows XP, Home Editiona, Version 2002, SP3. I am running BitDefender Total Security 2013. Recently, I have not been able to get an internet connection. The "Local Area Connection Status" window just stays on "Acquiring network address" and there are not packets being sent or received.

When I have done an ipconfig /renew the following message appears: "An error occurred while renewing interface "Local Area Connection " The RPC server is unavailable.

I have disabled the firewall and restarted the computer based on some other posts I read and the issue persists.

A:No internet connection - RPC server unavailable

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...ting-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable-en-us.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-rpc-server-unavailable.1078096/
Relevancy 77.4%

My RAID pair of discs failed unavailable to RPC after HDDs XP new server restored after years service on my P P -E I have replaced them with a RAID pair After some effort I m not an expert I have managed to configure the new HDDs and to reload XP Media Centre edition onto the system Next trying to use the motherboard CD to load drivers etc I immediately come across the message quot RPC server unavailable quot the same message also came up towards the end of OS installation when Windows installer tried to install a RPC server unavailable after XP restored to new HDDs printer quot How did it know what I had in the way of a printer quot I ask myself Also had the message that may RPC server unavailable after XP restored to new HDDs be linked MAPI was not found I m puzzled by all this as I have installed XP on a couple of machines in the past and have not tripped up over anything so difficult to resolve I have now added SP but not SP yet Neither Memory modules nor Video Card were changed in this HDD re-installation No other software has been loaded I have tried Googling the topic and I see RPC problems seem somewhat common however I either cannot relate the details to my circumstances or do not understand the answers I would be very grateful for advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-server-unavailable-after-xp-restored-to-new-hdds.1060187/
Relevancy 77.4%

my mates pc had the blue screen of death, I've managed to get it working again. I downloaded the drivers for the modem and network utility from the dell site but when the setup installer for the drivers runs it comes up with RCP srever unavailable and quits the installation.
Can anyone explain this for me and/or give a solution?
thanks

A:rcp server unavailable during driver installation

are you running the application locally or over the network from another computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rcp-server-unavailable-during-driver-installation.885724/
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm trying to manage a large number backups for Windows PCs using Acronis 11.5 but I've constantly been getting an error on Windows XP machines that is preventing me from doing so.  I came across the error through cmd using ipconfig /registerdns
and it is "RPC server is unavailable" which only happens on select Windows XP machines. 

I have checked The RPC service is set to start automatically and is running.  I've also checked that the registry files and they are there.  The event viewer has no errors relating to RPC (quite a few relating to WMI however).  I have
checked some other things I just forget what they are so if you suggest it I can try it again.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b8d0907-ec7f-4436-ba67-98046d440fe6/rpc-server-unavailable-preventing-backup?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 77.4%

I am cleaning up from a virus and one of the issues that I have is that System Information(msinfo32) gives the message "Can't collect information". I have printer software that will not work for scanning, although, he printer will print.

From WMI console(wmimgmt.msc) I can check properties of "WMI Control (Local)" and see:

Failed to initialize all required WMI classes

Win32_Processor: Win32: The RPC server is unavailable
Win32_WMISeting: Successful
Security Information: Successful
Win32_OperatingSystem: Win32: The RPC server is unavailable

If I run Net Diagnostics from the tools menu in System Information and perform a scan, I get the following messages:
WMI errors
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'netdiagnostics'
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'win32_computersystem'
Plus more error about the namespaces.

The RPC service is in automatic and Started.

Thanks for any help you can give.

A:RPC server unavailable in WMI control properties

Stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service then delete everything in this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem\Repository

Reboot (this forces Windows to rebuild the folder).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213120/rpc-server-unavailable-in-wmi-control-properties/
Relevancy 77.4%

After the scan and removal of spywares and malwares etc. yesterday, everything is just not right. I cant connect to the internet, I cant open windows firewall, i have printer problems, i cant install using windows installer, and many more. I found out that everything is caused by "RPC server is unavailable". I checked the RPC in services and it is already started and set to run automatic but I still got the error message "RPC server is unavailable"..

CAN PLEASE SOMEONE SOLVE MY PROBLEM !!!!

A:RPC server is unavailable even it is started and automatic

Hi! Kenneth.

Please try to chek for the services also in the Dependencies tab of RPC and make them start. If already started make them stop and then start them again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rpc-server-is-unavailable-even-it-is-started-and-automatic-480152.html
Relevancy 77.4%

9 times out of 10 i cannot get pages to load they are either "Timed out" or "Can not connect to server" & the latest one is "firefox has ??????? in a way that it will never be able to connect" Can't remember the ?????? part, messages along these lines, My signal strength is full & when i run trouble shooter it comes back with "No problem was found"

A:cannot connect to server, page unavailable

Something I picked up from Microsoft
Flush the DNS Cashe
Start - Run - Type - ipconfig /flushdns - OK
So it will query instead of using the cashe.
-------------------
Copy and Paste from Microsoft
How can I clear the DNS cache?
Clearing the DNS cache forces DNS to query a DNS server rather than using information stored in the cache. You might want to clear the DNS cache when making changes to websites that you manage, or if you're receiving repeated errors when you know that a web address you're typing is correct.
Note
You must open a command prompt with elevated privileges to complete the following steps. For more information, see Command Prompt: frequently asked questions
Click the Start button
In the search box, type command prompt.
In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
At the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-server-page-unavailable.1006804/
Relevancy 77.4%

When trying to open MS Exchange Server the following message appears: : ?Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable.? Any recommendations?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Microsoft-Exchange-Server-is-unavailable/td-p/441421/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 77.4%

When trying to open MS Exchange Server the following message appears: : ?Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable.? Any recommendations?

A:Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable

Wat email application are you using? Windows Mail, Microsoft Outlook, Thyunderbird, etc.? Has it been configured for your email account? That message usually means there's a problem with your client's setup and less often by an actual problem with the server.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Microsoft-Exchange-Server-is-unavailable/td-p/441421
Relevancy 77.4%

I have set up an Exchange 2010 server on Windows Server 2008 R2. When running the Outlook Connectivity Test at https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com, everything appears OK except for the last stage:

Attempting to ping the MAPI Mail Store endpoint with identity: mail.[domain].com:6001.

The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.

Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.
Elapsed Time: 5037 ms.

I have checked the firewall on the server and port 6001 is open. I have tried awarding port 6001 to the server from the router. still no improvement. I am somewhat new to the exchange server scene so the tech net link above didn't make an awful lot of sense. 

what else can cause this sort of error?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561898/exchange-2010-rpc-server-unavailable/
Relevancy 77.4%

I wonder if anyone out there can help me I m having interface is the unavailable/ server is unknown/rpc a serious problem with my Pc It all just happened out of the blue I will explain the symptoms When I switch my the interface is unknown/rpc server is unavailable/ computer on and try to click on a program I get one of the following errors the interface is unknown or rpc server is unavailable I can t access my computer any files or any internet connection I ve tried a system restore with my Win disc which didn t work I tried repairing it with my Win disc and the first time it worked I managed to get on and do everything I needed Once reset the whole thing started again but this time with the following error user profile server failed to login So I reset and it starts up and goes back to a vicious loop whereby I get the interface is unknown or rpc server is unavailable if I try to do something it usually restarts itself or if I leave it it restarts around minutes later After about the th or th restart it s back to normal only to start the loop all over again after the next shut down reset The Win disk won t repair it any more Bare in mind it starts ok in safe mode but I haven t installed anything new or made any changes in a while so I don t know what I m looking for Does anyone have a solution nbsp

A:the interface is unknown/rpc server is unavailable/

If the system is running without issues in safe mode, I would first suggest trying a Clean Startup and determine what is causing the problem. If that is a No Go, you could try a Repair Install No data would be lost in this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-interface-is-unknown-rpc-server-is-unavailable.1114135/
Relevancy 77.4%

While I am Taking a print out, the error appear show that "RPC server unavailable"

I am using XP operating system.

Can anyone tell me how to fix up this problem

A:RPC Server Unavailable while taking print out

Hi and welcome to TSF!

Here's a couple of things to try.
1: Go to Start -> Run and type in 'services.msc' (no quotes). Scroll down and try to find 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC)'. If it says stopped, click on the 'Start the service' on the panel to the left. Then double click its entry in the 'Startup Type' column and set it to 'Automatic'.
2: If that doesn't work or you can't find the RPC entry, post back and then we can try some registry changes. (I didn't post the registry changes yet because modifying the registry may leave you with a unusable Operating System which needs to be reinstalled)
Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rpc-server-unavailable-while-taking-print-out-510013.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Internet Service
Default Outlook Express Mail Not Configured
Default Outlook Express News Not Configured
- Internet Explorer Web Proxy WMI Error FAILED
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'netdiagnostics'
Computer Information
- Computer System WMI Error FAILED
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'win32_computersystem'
+ Operating System WMI Error FAILED
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'win32_operatingsystem'
- Version WMI Error FAILED
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'win32_operatingsystem'
Modems and Network Adapters
- Modems WMI Error FAILED
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'win32_potsmodem'
- Network Adapters WMI Error FAILED
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'win32_networkadapterconfiguration'
- Network Clients WMI Error FAILED
Unable to connect to WMI namespace 'win32_networkclient'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295220/rpc-server-unavailable-in-wmi-control-properties/
Relevancy 77.4%

SYSTEM SPECS Gateway P-series notebook Intel Core Duo GHz processor GB of RAM memory -bit Windows Vista Ultimate Edition w SP OS STATUS QUO - Acquired Windows Vista Home Basic Edition-based notebook a couple of weeks ago which came with Norton Internet Security pre-installed I bought the Ultimate edition upgrade too - Learned the basics of my newest OS created a single account with admin privileges and after a couple of 1068 Server to & RPC the day unavailable From one Error next: days decided to install the upgrade thing I accomplished without a problem Windows Firewall is turned off - Setup my local network via the 'networking and sharing center' named my computer 'TRIANA' and by deafult my computer workgroup is WORKGROUP I also shared a specific folder for others to have access to Computers in the network belong to the same workgroup and everything worked fine between them - HAVE NOT installed other software However Norton Internet Security installed updates and rebooted in a daily basis ACTUAL SITUATION - No one in the network can see TRIANA Not even from TRIANA itself can I see From one day to the next: RPC Server unavailable & Error 1068 TRIANA If I open a 'Network' window a la START gt Network I can see other computers except TRIANA no matter how many quot refreshes quot I make - The folder I shared is no longer shared - 'Networking and Sharing Center' options read Network discovery ON it's greyed out however File sharing CUSTOM it was ON Public folder sharing OFF Printer sharing ON Password protected sharing OFF Media sharing OFF SOLVING THE PROBLEM In the first place I tried From one day to the next: RPC Server unavailable & Error 1068 changing these options to the ones I had defined - 'Network discovery' can't be changed as it's greyed out - 'File sharing' can't be changed How can it read 'CUSTOM' for Christ's sake - 'Public folder sharing' can't be From one day to the next: RPC Server unavailable & Error 1068 changed If I try to turn it on a window says RPC server is unavailable - 'Printer sharing' can't be changed - 'Password protected sharing' can be turned on and off - 'Media sharing' I haven't tried changing it Then at the bottom of the 'Network and Sharing Center' window I chose the 'Show me all the shared network folders on this computer' and the next message appeared The Server service is not started So I opened Control Panel gt Administrative Tools gt Services and tried to start the 'Server' service manually but the next message appeared quot Windows could not start the Server serice on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot I opened the Server properties and in the 'Dependencies' tab I saw the service depends on the following systems components - Security Accounts Manager Remote Procedure Call DCOM Server Process Launcher - srv srv srvnet I also saw that the DcomLaunch and all RPC-related services were succesfully started and set to 'automatic' start The problem remains so any help is appreciated

A:From one day to the next: RPC Server unavailable & Error 1068

The problem remains. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/from-one-day-to-the-next-rpc-server-unavailable-and-error-1068-a-262460.html
Relevancy 77.4%

so sorry posted in the wrong part my laptop is a windows XP inspiron b sorry too frustrated after the malware protector thing and now this if the admin can move this to the rt place please sorry and thank you i found out my RPC server is unavailable when i saw the clock is all wrong keep giving me the time in this standard but the time was am that and when i tried to clean my hard drive it tried to configuration quot microsoft something quot and told me that it can t detect SKU CAB couldn t find it anywhere i think i must have delete some files i shouldnt have or during the malware protector removal process something Unavailable Server Sku112.cab Rpc And Cant Detected occurred that and now all of a sudden i have more than of free space on the disk while b f that i have more than of used space the microsoft support center didnt help much so please help me out would really appreciated it ps now it doesnt prompt me to confirgurate the microsoft thingy anymore or tell me that the sku cab is missing but i would still like to know what was wrong and how to deal with it anyway in case something like this happen again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153595/rpc-server-unavailable-and-cant-detected-sku112cab/
Relevancy 76.97%

Okay this one is a doozy We had our storage server OS drive crash on our domain which required a reinstall Luckily the data stores were all there still on a separate RAID so it was just a matter of redoing the shares after the reinstall However we ran into a problem with several laptop users As soon as they plugged into the network today all the work they did during the outage appears to be gone They appear only to have access to the files on the network which laptops Sync after R2 Rebuild Pending" Server - 2008 Center "Sync on Storage of course isn't current As a test I've tried disconnecting them from the local network to check their offline files disabling wireless and unplugging the dock and they appear to lose access to everything as a result now both desktop and files I've attempted a sync in Sync Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Rebuild Center but it simply says quot Sync Pending quot and hangs there When I try to navigate to view my offline files on the system through the Sync Center interface it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot Out of curiosity I tried Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Rebuild manually navigating to Windows CSC and access is denied Even when attempting to take ownership as local admin it still doesn't want to let me in As many of the solutions suggest I know I could delete the cache and format the db and sync fresh from our network but they will lose out on all the changes they've made to their documents over the past week or so They may lose out on a significant amount of work Any ideas on what to do I read about an alternative to delete the relationship as suggested in other threads but I can't seem to do so unless there's something I need to toggle in GPO to do so Maybe that it's because GUID or SSID or whatever aren't matching up with regards to the quot new quot shares even though it's the same server and server name but that's just my guess The systems are running Windows Enterprise and the Domain is R functional level if that matters Shares were simply recreated Advanced Sharing option and the pre-existing NTFS permissions were simply retained nbsp NTFS permissions for the users home drive has the User Administrators Domain Admins and System with Full control and Creator Owner with special permissions Share permission is full for Authenticated Users Shares though housed in it the same folder are setup as individual shares server username I know I know it's just how things were when I got here I would just love to be able to get these files back for these users They would love it even more than I would haha nbsp Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fd8f04e-4121-4922-b27d-b156919f2791/sync-center-quotsync-pendingquot-on-laptops-after-storage-server-2008-r2-rebuild?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 76.97%

Okay this one is a doozy We had our storage server OS drive crash on our domain which required a reinstall Luckily the data stores were all there still on a separate RAID so it was just a matter of redoing the shares after the reinstall However we ran into a problem with several laptop users As soon as they plugged into the network today all the work they did during the outage appears to be gone They appear only to have access to the files on the network which of course isn't current As a test Reinstall on Center 2008 Pending" Storage - Server "Sync R2 Sync laptops after I've tried disconnecting them from the local Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Reinstall network to check their offline files Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Reinstall disabling wireless and unplugging the dock and they appear to lose access to everything as a result now both desktop and files I've attempted a sync in Sync Center but it simply says quot Sync Pending quot and hangs there When I try to navigate to view my offline files on the system through the Sync Center interface it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot Out of curiosity I tried manually navigating to Windows CSC and access is denied Even when attempting to take ownership as local admin it still doesn't want to let me in As many of the solutions suggest I know I could delete the cache and format the db and sync fresh from our network but they will lose out on all the changes they've made to their documents over the past week or so They may lose out on a significant amount of work Any ideas on what to do I read about an alternative to delete the relationship as suggested in other threads but I can't seem to do so unless there's something I need to toggle in GPO to do so Maybe that it's because GUID or SSID or whatever aren't matching up with regards to the quot new quot shares even though it's technically the same server and server name but that's just my guess The systems are running Windows Enterprise and the Domain is R functional level if that matters Shares were simply recreated Advanced Sharing option and the pre-existing NTFS permissions were simply retained nbsp NTFS permissions for the users home drive has the User Administrators Domain Admins and System with Full control and Creator Owner with special permissions Share permission is full for Authenticated Users Shares though housed in it the same folder are setup as individual shares server username I know I know it's just how things were when I got here I would just love to be able to get these files back for these users They would love it even more than I would haha nbsp Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fd8f04e-4121-4922-b27d-b156919f2791/sync-center-quotsync-pendingquot-on-laptops-after-storage-server-2008-r2-reinstall?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 76.54%

I cant get my Outlook to work consistently. 
I keep getting this message. 

Unable to send or receive messages for the Outlook (simone.natalie) account.

Server Error: 3219
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no luck

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/012e570a-fe60-4c16-9af0-b5a761b18f7a/server-error-3219-server-httpsmailserviceslivecomdeltasyncv200syncaspx-windows-live?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.54%

There was a thread awhile ago that's closed about the 'RPC Server unavailable' problem, which i have, it seems, exactly like the other guy - unable to install drivers and other programs - and the thread's author said it was fixed when someone suggested he make sure the DCOM service was started. So, I went to try that and there is no DCOM service listed.

There is COM+ Event System and COM+ System Application, both of which are started, but no DCOM.
I just repaired Windows after it crashed using the recovery console, following an article online, which, i think, just allowed me to get back into windows long enough to launch a system restore. Everything works fine, except for this pretty big problem. I've been at this for two days, i'm tired...any comment could help

A:DCOM problem ('RPC server unavailable' related)

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dcom-problem-rpc-server-unavailable-related.626423/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello, I am having trouble with changing my password on my windows 8 laptop it keeps saying Server Unavailable Right Now Try Again Later it doesn't matter how many days I wait it still keeps saying the same thing.

Thank you.

A:Windows 8 Password Change Server Unavailable Right Now

First of all, SHRINK DOWN your fonts! They don't need to be huge!

Second, my guess is that you are logging in through your MS account -- and since I avoid that option like the plague, I can't help.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59903-windows-8-password-change-server-unavailable-right-now.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have tried loads of things to solve this but I just can't do it. Please if you could help I would be very happy

A:w32tm error; The RPC server is unavailable. (0x800706BA)

Hi from Sevenforums,

try this below it may fix it:

FIX: Error code 0x800706BA may be generated when a client computer makes a request to a remote COM+ object

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332355-w32tm-error-rpc-server-unavailable-0x800706ba.html
Relevancy 75.68%

also i get this message.
generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close internet

could anybody help.. :)

technical details:

C:\DOCUME~1\robin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1b9c.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\robin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1b9c.dir00\appcombat.txt

A:Cant connect to internet, ERROR 1722: The RPC server is unavailable.

Supply the following information please.

OS running on all affected systems
Make\models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).
Wired or wireless?
What wireless encryption is in use?
Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)
What security software is installed?

Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)
Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine.

ipconfig /all
ping www.google.com
ping 74.125.53.99

Note: To post results of commands, alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > select all >
alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > copy > paste in a message here. If you are on
a computer that can't connect to the internet then paste the contents in a text document and save it to a
portable media like a flash drive, then use an internet capable machine to post the contents.

Verify that the following services are running.
To access services: Start > run > services.msc

Services:
Workstation
Computer Browser
Network Location Awareness
TCP/IP Netbios helper
DNS Client
Server
Network Connections
Remote Procedure Call
DHCP Client

Wireless Services:
Wireless Zero Configuration
COM+ Event System
WLAN AutoConfig (for Vista)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-to-internet-error-1722-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable-381694.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am trying to resolve the above issue on my Windows bit system I can RDP to other computers just fine nbsp What I can not do is use Computer Management or Event Viewer to examine another system nbsp It used to work and if I RDP into another computer I can still use Event Viewer or Computer Management to manage another system nbsp It does and unavailable Computer RPC Management The is Viewer server using Event not matter if I use the computer name or the IP address I have also found whenthe above error shows up the following error is logged in Event Viewer DCOM got The RPC server is unavailable using Event Viewer and Computer Management error quot quot from the computer IPAddress or ComputerName when attempting to activate the server - B- D - - I have tried disabling the Windows firewall on the system where I'm having the issue I don't think the issue is on the target computers because it The RPC server is unavailable using Event Viewer and Computer Management works just fine if I RDP to a different computer and then use Event Viewer or Computer Management to connect to another computer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4d6f15c-3956-4787-ba97-8fcedf8b644f/the-rpc-server-is-unavailable-using-event-viewer-and-computer-management?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

Started my computer (and restarted a few times) and I keep getting a window that reads:

'rpc server is unavailable exception from hresult: 0x800706ba'

or

'rpc server is unavailable exception from hresult: 0x800706ba; refer to lela's log for details'

I am not very comupter savvy and am not sure how or if I can fix this...

Any guidance is greatly appreciated

A:Help - need solution for rpc server is unavailable exception from hresult: 0x800706ba

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-need-solution-for-rpc-server-is-unavailable-exception-from-hresult-0x800706ba.919374/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

My computer recently wouldn't boot up and after I copied some files and deleted others, it was able to again. Although now it looks as if I installed Windows XP for the first time. My applications won't work, not internet access, etc.

My main concern is that I can't install anything. When I try, I receive an error that reads, "The InstallShield Engine (ikernel.exe) could not be launched. The RPC Server is unavailable." I've tried numerous remedies from online sources (obviously using another computer), but nothing seems to work. Can someone please help me when they get a chance.

By the way, I don't have a Windows XP CD. If I need certain files from it, they'll have to be emailed to me if possible.

Thanks,
Damian

A:The Installshield Engine (ikernel.exe) Could Not Be Launched. Rpc Server Is Unavailable.

I think that you need to think about getting an XP CD or recovery CDs, whichever is applicable.Computers seldom run forever without any problems requiring reinstall or repair.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...15082448AAfofdTLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128782/the-installshield-engine-ikernelexe-could-not-be-launched-rpc-server-is-unavailable/
Relevancy 75.25%

hey guys i have no rpoblem this time but im looking for a good all gm private server if you know one post it here

PLZ NO HAMACHI!!!!!

A:Solved: no problem this time but server

Private servers? That sounds like you're using a cracked version of the game. Read the forum rules. No illegal copies of games are allowed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-problem-this-time-but-server.906707/
Relevancy 73.96%

My desktop-computer is unable to connect to the internet via LAN, it is telling me that i have a problem whit the DNS Server. On the other hand the wireless network is working very good on the laptop.
I am working on Windows Vista. At the network center, the status of the activity connection is low: bytes 40.438 (on my laptop i have2,661,667,753 ). When i went to START -> RUN -> CMD -> PING google.com i saw that i have 42 bytes.I have tried to change the DNS numbers...but without any luck. i also tried rebooting, unplugging, ... repairing network driver, deactivating firewall and internet security....and no change.
Please help, Thank you

Relevancy 73.53%

Hey All I am working on a server and recently two of their mail accounts have began not sending out email When I first looked into the outbound box the mail I sent out is still pending It usually takes anywhere from minute to several hours to for it Argosoft Outbox to be delivered on ArgoSoft does send Working not Server) Email out emails (mail, and server Solved: Also when Solved: Working on server (mail, ArgoSoft Email Server) and does not send emails out I send out a email to that particular a particular address it will just sit there I have also done scans with AVG and found that it had Solved: Working on server (mail, ArgoSoft Email Server) and does not send emails out I-Worm Bagz D infection I quickly quarantined that infection as to not allow to infect other files on the pc server I have also done a Hijack This Scan please can someone look at this and tell some about what I am making out Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe d Program Files ArGo Software Design Mail Server mlsrvnt exe D Program Files ArGo Software Design Mail Server mlsrvctl exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C DOCUME admin LOCALS Temp Hijack exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk O - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate... Read more

A:Solved: Working on server (mail, ArgoSoft Email Server) and does not send emails out

I have decided to close this as email service is being moved to a off site location and that also no one has responded to it. I am grateful to anyone who has looked at it and appreciate your time in looking at.

Thank you very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-working-on-server-mail-argosoft-email-server-and-does-not-send-emails-out.754903/
Relevancy 73.53%

I appear to be the victim of some piece of malware or virus that has added a proxy server setting that I am unable to get rid of The main symptoms are that I am unable to change my proxy server settings in Windows It appears to use this setting http The result of proxy change server Possible settings. server hijack. Unable to proxy this is that I am unable to Possible proxy server hijack. Unable to change proxy server settings. do searches in the omnibar of Google Chrome just takes me to a blank page and I can't visit certain webpages also if Possible proxy server hijack. Unable to change proxy server settings. I am able to do a Google search the Search Tools button is missing I looked around on the internet and have tried a few fixes I've deleted or changed the registry entries mentioned in Philip Turner's reply here https community spiceworks com topic -can-t-disable-proxy-in-ie page I also changed the entry mentioned here https fixedit itxpress biz unable-to-disable-windows-proxy-setting Making these changes allowed me to change the proxy server settings and once I change Automatically detect settings to on and Use a a proxy server to off then the issue is fixed and everything behaves normally The problem is once I restart my computer the settings revert back and are again unable to be changed unless I delete change all the above registry entries again I'm pretty sure that whatever did this is still on my computer somewhere and I need some help finding and eliminating it Either that or there is still some hidden registry entry that I am unable to find I have tried running Malwarebytes CCleaner and Adwcleaner None of them can detect or fix the issue I've had this same issue before maybe a month ago but last time this happened I ran CCleaner and uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and it fixed it This time that did not work This time the issue began after I performed a Windows Update and restarted my computer This is what was downloaded and updated Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows and Windows Server R x Edition - September KB Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB The posted FRST logs are from AFTER I made the above mentioned registry changes If you need me to restart my computer and run the program again before I make any changes please let me know Thanks in advance Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Jimbodan administrator on DESKTOP-G LH O - - Running from E Users jimbodan Downloads Loaded Profiles Jimbodan Available Profiles Jimbodan Platform Windows Pro Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved ESET C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvscpapisvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe Windows reg Win DDK provider C Windows System DbxSvc exe Creative Technology Ltd C Windows SysWOW CtHdaSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ClickToRun OfficeClickToRun exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Adobe Desktop Common ElevationManager AdobeUpdateService exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe AdobeGCClient AGSService exe Binary Fortress Software H Util DisplayFusion DisplayFusionService exe Intel C... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627131/possible-proxy-server-hijack-unable-to-change-proxy-server-settings/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

I have a problem to access file server on Windows Server 2000 from a Windows 7 PC. For your information, due to some reasons, both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are in different domain.

I have tried all suggested solutions which are :
i. to unchecked both attributes in 'Network Security : Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC)' for both clients and server.
ii. to apply 'Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' in 'Network Security : LAN Manager authentication level'
iii. to make sure the time setting for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2000 are the same.

But still, i couldn't access the file server. In fact, each time I entered domain\username to authenticate, it will give out this message :

Since I am kinda new to this troubleshooting things, it would be great if someone can tell me why does this happening. Is it because of the different domain?

thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 unable to Access file server on Windows Server 2000

To connect to the server you would need to enter the credentials of the domain user on the server that would have access. For example if the domain was 'home' with a user 'Josh' then I would put:

home\Josh

As the username. If you want to get advanced you could try and form a trust with the other domain in active directory so that the other domain has permission to access the server

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307482-windows-7-unable-access-file-server-windows-server-2000-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Okay I want to go over pros and cons of some of the things that my boss wants done First off let me explain what we have Users are on a domain system Both laptop and desktop users No users have admin rights Now let me explain what we want to do We want a backup of their My Documents and possibly Help Solved: certain users server! to getting Finally backup this a file Need server. PC's to other directories in the future but we want Solved: Finally getting a file server! Need to backup certain users PC's to this server. Help it to be as invisible to them Solved: Finally getting a file server! Need to backup certain users PC's to this server. Help as possible I looked into the Folder redirection GPO and has a good pro - Simple to impelment I did a test on my own PC did it in about minutes cons - in order to allow laptops to work they would have to have offline folders enabled and synchrnized and worst of all synchrnization won t accept PST s MDB s and Solved: Finally getting a file server! Need to backup certain users PC's to this server. Help other key files that we would need synchronized as well gives errors in the synching process I then thought about a file sync program letting them seemlessly work on their PCs and just sync the files to the file server - Pros Can install a server side client that just polls for connected PC s and copies the files to the repsective places Cons costs money usually does not sync in use files making some of the files be missed Lastly I considered a batch file to run at login - Pros easier to setup to copy things out Cons only runs at login so people could leave their PC up for days and have day old software As well I do not know how to copy only modified files so some people with large files would copy over a ton of data unless I can find a solution for this Anyone else have any Ideas possibly something with all pros and no cons nbsp

A:Solved: Finally getting a file server! Need to backup certain users PC's to this server. Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-finally-getting-a-file-server-need-to-backup-certain-users-pcs-to-this-server-help.438703/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey i got similar problem I have dell inspiron Vista and routher Linksys WRt G I keep getting quot local only quot and quot limited conectivity quot I realized that the problem is in my pc because the other pc s connect to the access point without problems I tested the following plugged directly to the modem no success plugged to the wireless routher no success When i looked into the info from ipconfig command i get this ip autconfigured ipv Due to that i entered ip manually something like and default getaway then tried with disabled ipv Still nothing Then tried netsh int test reset ip and netsh winsock reset catalog without success The i upgraded my wireless card drivers and routher firmware just in case DHCP Solved: server Unable contact to reseted the routher to factory defaults and still nothing I really dont know what could be the reason for that Since i bought the laptop year ago didnt had any problems I think everything started after i uninstaled Norton Internet Security and using Norton cleaning utility I instaled Eset smart security and i started to get blue screen of dead I wasnt able to log on to windows After uninstalation i was unable to connect to internet Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I need help connecting to the internet I am running on a wireless router I have tried ipconfig release renew and winsock I ve also tried auto obtaining ip and dns Everytime i try to connect to the network it stops Solved: Unable PLEASE T_T dhcp server contact HELP to at renewing ip address and usually the default gateway is blank i ran cmd and typed in ipconfig all and this is what i get Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Solved: HELP PLEASE T_T Unable to contact dhcp server Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Beee gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bee Solved: HELP PLEASE T_T Unable to contact dhcp server Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - - - - - C Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adap ter Physical Address - -D - - D- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Solved: HELP PLEASE T_T Unable to contact dhcp server nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Error net ERR NAME NOT RESOLVED Unable to resolve the server s DNS address I changed laptop to OpneDNS servers but this did not solve problem I checked router Solved: address the DNS Unable resolve server's to info but it Solved: Unable to resolve the server's DNS address seems to work OK however it is a new Motorola router modem Surfboard SBG model and I did not have these problems with previous router Older router was not DOCSIS compliant but this one is allowing me to couple to Comcast s Booster speed connection Sys Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K IJ Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled RESPONSE TO IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E- B-D -C - E- F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Physical Address - B- - C-AD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D -C - E- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d f b a a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday January AM Lease Expires Friday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- A- F- C- B-D -C - E- F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FB - F - FFE-AA -A A BDF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FF C -B A - CED- - D D A BBFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F A - E - EE - F B- D A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CD ED D - A D- DC- D-D CE B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface FFA E - CA- F-A EB-AC B F EA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A - B - F A-B -B DD BEBB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface F E D-CEFF- -A - A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface D C - B - F - B A-F BA ABE Media State Media disconnected Connection... Read more

Relevancy 73.1%

I recently sent my laptop out to have the keyboard seated correctly. When it was returned I was not able to access my internet from the wireless connection in my home. I can access the internet from unsecure networks. Tech support from my internet company stated that I most likely needed to update my driver. I am not sure which driver to update from the Lenovo site.

Lenovo T60 windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\...............>ipconfig
Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
C:\Documents and Settings\...............>ipconfig /renew
Windows IP Configuration
An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection : unable
to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.
No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di
sconnected.

Relevancy 73.1%

When connecting to my local LAN network router I get the message quot This contact DHCP Unable server to Solved: the connection has limited or no connectivity quot The Local Area Connection Status Support details page displays Physical Address - A- - - C- B IP Solved: Unable to contact the DHCP server Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Server and WINS Server are blank At the command prompt I run ipconfig all The Adapter Autoconfiguration IP Solved: Unable to contact the DHCP server Address is At the command prompt I run ipconfig renew After the request times out the following message is displayed quot An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot The nd Computer on the network a Toshiba M -S notebook connects with no problem The info on The Local Area Connection Status Support page displays Address Type Assigned by DHCP IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway The Details page displays Physical Address - F-B - E- - IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained PM Lease Expires PM DNS Server WINS Server blank Suspecting a bad LAN chip a Realtek RTL Ethernet NIC I disabled the Realtek in the Device Manager I then installed a Linksys LNE TX Fast Ethernet Adapter The results however are the same the computer does not get any info from the DHCP server I can hookup to the router if I configure the Internet Protocol Properties Alternate Configuration User configured IP address Subnet mask and Default Gateway to the router address Conclusion Router DNS server is functioning normally because another computer connects to it with no problem The Ethernet cable is okay because I can connect using Alternate Configuration Unable to connect to my DSL internet connection because I have Verizon DSL which requires DHCP to function on the computer Note I can connect to the internet using my nd computer which tells me the problem lies within the Desktop Computer Additional info This computer used to function okay This problem occurred immediately after formatting the HD and renewing the Windows operating system The Computer in question has a MSI P Neo motherboard Intel Core CPU GHz GB of RAM The operating system is Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello friends I m new in making online gaming servers but I watched several tutorials on youtube and performed all things whichever needed to download amp run my own Counter Strike Server HLDS to Solved: my server... connect Friends are unable CS But the problem is that only I m able to connect to my server and none of my friends are able to join it In many threads I read that if I Solved: Friends are unable to connect my CS server... m making a gaming server online then I need to forward the ports In the case of CS I need to forward ports ranging from to I have tried the method of going to cmd and type ipconfig and then copy paste the Default Gateway address which is the ip address of my router into the browser but here nothing worked I just got message in my browser - Oops Google Chrome could not connect to amp similar messages in other browsers I m not having any router at home I never needed it and I m using dial-up connection The point is how I can forward the ports if I don t have routers I m using normal Ethernet connection where my cable operator named inCableNet in net have joined a wire to my CPU and made a shortcut of dialup connection to my desktop So I can see two LAN connection in My Network Places Please somebody help me how to make server online so that others on the internet can join it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-friends-are-unable-to-connect-my-cs-server.1013275/