Windows Support Forum

Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

Q: Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

XP Pro SP all latest updates When I reboot I can correctly sync to a time server but after an unknown amount of time it goes back to saying quot The RPC server is unavailable quot instantly after clicking Update Now regardless of what server I tell it to Unable server more) Solved: server to sync (but is time - to RPC unavailable sync to I also noticed that if I view my Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more) nForce Networking Controller status then click Properties and go to the Authentication tab everything is greyed out If I hit OK without changing anything I can t change it even if I wanted to a message pops up saying quot An unexpected condition occured Not all of your requested changes in settings could be made quot and just goes back to that window I have to hit cancel to close it These two issues seem to be related since right after I reboot the Authentication tab works normally as well as the time sync like I mentioned above and they both seem to stop working at the same time I have no idea if it happens after something I run or if it s just after a certain amount of time or what Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Unable to sync to time server - RPC server is unavailable (but more)

I have the same problem exactly. There is an article at Ed Bott's Windows Expertise (http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=1779) tyhat discusses problems with the Windows time Server, but nothing he suggested worked for me. It just won't update...no matter what server I choose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-sync-to-time-server-rpc-server-is-unavailable-but-more.607047/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, I have decided to buy a new computer(or the parts for one).
It will be the first time I assemble one so I would like a little
help from the people on here that has some experaince with computer hardware,
because I myself do not know very much about it.

I have done some research and this is what I came up with:
Motherboard : Asus Z97-A Intel Z97 4xDDR3 SLI CrossFireX Socket 1150 ATX
CPU : Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Socket 1150
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 DIMM PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti OC 2GB D
PSU : CORSAIR PSU 550W VS550
Hard Drive : Western Digital WD20E, 2TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 3.5", IntelliPower, 64MB

What I want to know is if all these parts will fit together and if it is a good
computer? I want a fast computer thats good at a bit of everything. What I will be using it for mostly is programming, games like bfbc2, downloading/watching movies/tv series and just browse the internet.

And I think I will be using mint as my os(still new to linux).

A:Assembling a computer for the first time

I think those are great choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-computer-for-the-first-time.217526/
Relevancy 43%

I have been working on setting up a Minecraft server for a couple of days now and I cannot find a way to get my friends outside of my network to connect connect my to can't My server friends Minecraft I know I gave them the right IP address and I have tried several solutions with no luck I can however connect to the server from other computers connected to the same router but I think that only works when I have it set My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server to quot cracked quot mode I tried disabling my firewall on both my host computer and my router using a different computer as the server host and changing the port All solutions I have tried gave the same message to my friends quot Cannot reach server quot My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server when I was able to connect just fine Here is some possibly useful information Host computer It s not the best -OS Windows XP Professional SP -Processor Intel Pentium GHz uni-core -RAM MB -IP Address Minecraft Server -Version jar Router -Type Wired Wireless -Brand Cisco -Model Linksys E -IP Address -Router Information Firmware Version build Apr Firmware Verification e c b ec c b c ceb Current Time Fri Jan Internet MAC Address FC CB -Internet Connection Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP Internet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS DNS DNS MTU DHCP Lease Time Hour If there is My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server any other information you need please tell me nbsp

A:My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server

You need to forward some ports (router settings) and then open incoming port in your firewall (OS settings). Start here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-cant-connect-to-my-minecraft-server.175806/
Relevancy 28.81%

Acer has added a new monitor to their gaming-focused lineup, the amazing looking XR341CK. This 34-inch 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440 pixels @ 75Hz) IPS monitor comes with a curved display in a zero frame design, which Acer says...

Read more

A:Acer reveals 34-inch curved QHD FreeSync and G-Sync monitors

This type of monitor is the best way to channel the power of your GTX 980 Ti, which inherited its anti-aliasing power from the many generations before it, as opposed to having it choke on the 4K pixel-mania in chase for almost the same effect, at the expense of the dropped FPS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-reveals-34-inch-curved-qhd-freesync-and-g-sync-monitors.215946/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 19.78%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to start a youtube gaming channel but idk if I have the power to record games like minecraft and record at the same time do you think I have the power to do it?

My Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

AMD A10 5800K Quad Core Processor

16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Ram

1TB SATA Hard Drive

Radeon HD 8370D Graphics

5.1 channel Sound Chipset

GigaByte Network Ethernet

Wireless N 150 Wifi

DVD-RW Burner Drive

All in One Card Reader

6 x USB2.0

400W Power Supply

Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 7.75" x 17"

Mouse:
E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse

Camera:
USB 2.0 Clip-on Webcam Camera HD 12 Megapixels with MIC for PC Laptop Win 7/8

Keyboard:
Logitech K360 920-003365 Wireless Keyboard - Ivory - Small

Headphones:
Sades 7.1 Surround Sound USB Headband Pro Gaming Headset For PC Laptop SA-903 PC Laptop SA-903

A:Is my PC good for gaming and recording for youtube at the same time?

Do you have any connectivity issues or slow load times? Also, what is the make and model of your power supply?

Otherwise you should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-pc-good-for-gaming-and-recording-for-youtube-at-the-same-time.215431/
Relevancy 43.43%

A few months ago I made a minecraft server and it worked perfectly. Today I tried to join with external ip and it didnt work but I could before.Is it something important? Is my server working? Is it the router's problem?
I would appreciate any help as soon as possible

Btw my ip is 46.12.115.127

A:Minecraft Server Problem

@ 13:50 PDT I can not ping that IP from Southern Calif.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minecraft-server-problem.212628/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
Shiv

A:Unable to hear from the hear external speakers

shiv said:

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
ShivClick to expand...

How about some more info about your system man?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-hear-from-the-hear-external-speakers.174073/
Relevancy 29.67%

AMD has provided an update on the state of their FreeSync technology, confirming that monitors supporting the adaptive sync technology are now available in select locations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It's expected that FreeSync monitors will hit...

Read more

A:FreeSync monitors now available, and they're cheaper than G-Sync equivalents

I don't see why? Freesync changes your monitor big time! I mean just look at the on/off freesync from the picture at the front.

Atleast with gsync your monitor doesnt need to actually change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freesync-monitors-now-available-and-theyre-cheaper-than-g-sync-equivalents.209460/
Relevancy 21.93%

Video Card EVGA GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2GB
CPU Intel Pentium G3258
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Motherboard ASRock H97M Anniversary
Power Supply Corsair CX430 430W PSU
HDD Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Case Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 case

How much do you guys think I could get this built for and do you reckon it could play the elder scrolls online on the highest settings or the medium settings thanks.

Also I on a budget and probably won't pay over $500

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-a-pc.210893/
Relevancy 21.5%

My first time building! some things have not yet been picked, so I want your opinion on the things I have in mind, and the ones I can't decide over...

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics card: Sapphire r9 280
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 2x 4GB
power supply: Corsair CX750
Optical Drive: lg bh16ns40 multi blue

Do I seriously need an sdd drive?
also any cases that might suit my build or anything I might not need or DO need?
thanks- M

A:Good specs for gaming PC? First time

Did you already purchase the items above or is that what you have in mind for purchasing? What is your overall budget for your Gaming PC? What types of games are you going to be playing on this PC? The AMD FX-8350 is a good CPU, but if you want any kind of future proofing, I would suggest getting an Intel. If you let us know how much you can spend, we can help you build one that will be better for future games.
Also, no you do not need a SSD (Solid State Drive), but it will make boot times and load times faster. My suggestion with that, is purchase a smaller SSD (120GB maybe) for your operating system and also purchase a larger (1TB+) Hard Drive for everything else (applications, storage, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs-for-gaming-pc-first-time.210626/
Relevancy 19.78%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 21.5%

I need the best and most compatible router for TWC?
I need the router to reach a very good distance (between 3 houses really close to each other). Or would it be better to get a booster?

A:Wi-fi router for Time Warner Cable

To share from house-to-house, you need a strong RF signal so look for MIMO Class routers with multiple antennas, three if you can find one. If the lot layout is like a triangle between the houses, one good router should work, otherwise when lined-up like a fence, you will need a repeater.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-router-for-time-warner-cable.209487/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone
so I have gameserer hosting website
and all my server I rent them from some website
now I have 2 server in my home but I will sell it
and I want to buy new one
but I don't know what is the beast part I have to get it ?
should I get E5 or E3 ? and 1cpu or 2cpu ?
I will host on it some game and its MineCraft and some other game from valve
the other game from valve is
Counter 1.6,scours,go
Garry's mod
Team Fortress 2

so what is the largest server can I have so I can host as many as I can on it ? and about the price I don't care to much on it so if you can just give me something good
I think I will host at less 20-30 servers on it

so what can you advise me ?

A:Bulid servers for Game-Server

Well I would do some researching on what people use for their servers because I don't have much knowledge personally on game servers. What I can provide though is insight on how the parts differ.

A Xeon E5 is based on a completely server-oriented architecture while the E3 is supposedly just a more high-quality binned i7.

I would read up more on server hosting requirements/what is best more in depth than I did below, but the consensus seems to be that the E3 or E5 is fine with lots of RAM. Keep in mind, the E5 can have twice as much RAM as the E3. Another thing to keep in mind is whether the game is multi-threaded or single threaded and the tick-rate of the server. If you have more players and the game is multi-threaded (Minecraft isn't for example if I am not mistaken), then go for the E5 just to be safe.

I was researching online about the CS:GO server requirements and came across this forum post and they linked to this dedicated server wiki page. Since Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and TF2 run on the same engine, the requirements should technically be the same. Minecraft isn't really too demanding either so you should be fine basing the server on Source games. Here are the requirements for a Minecraft server. It seems to me like the servers don't need much horsepower.

Here is another useful forum thread that will provide the best insight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bulid-servers-for-game-server.208926/
Relevancy 28.81%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 43%

I am deeply sorry to post this silly question but here is my problem:
Recently I made my mc server, I port-forwarded the 25565 port and my friends joined and the server worked perfectly. Then all of a sudden, they disconnected all at once. After some investigation I realized that my external ip adress had changed. I kept giving my friends the new ip adresses every time they changed but that seemed like not the best solution. Also I checked and my ips are static. I have some screenshots containing the problems and info here.

I used PortForward Network Utilities to make the ips static and every one is static and the external ip keeps changing. Is there a way to stop the external ip from changing or no?
P.s. DHCP is not enabled on LAN.
Sry for my derpy tech language if you don't understand anything just ask

A:My friends get disconnected to my Minecraft server

Okay, that is a legit issue. Your external IP address is provided by your Internet Service Provider. It seems as if they either have it set to switch IP addresses constantly, or they're doing that just to you to prevent you using a server unless you pay more money for a static IP. My local provider refreshes my IP very rarely, but I have had it happen in the past and it did confuse me for a bit. Call up your ISP about the problem, and see if you can figure out a way to stop it. I wouldn't imagine it adding too much more to your internet bill, but I honestly don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-get-disconnected-to-my-minecraft-server.208559/
Relevancy 30.53%

Can someone explain what is monitor sync polarity?

A:Sync polarity

OMG - - old VGA term as I recall.
CRT displays (Cathode Ray Tube aka TV style) could sync on one of the R,G,B colors. Later developments centered up on syncing on the Green.

"Polarity" in this context is specifically WHICH color is used as the sync (btw, we're referring to the horizontal sync).

Thousand pardons if senility has obscured the facts :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-polarity.208280/
Relevancy 43%

I'm curious if there is any open source proxy-server-like software out there that I can use to accelerate web surfing. Amazon's Silk browser/platform for the Kindle, and Opera Mini do this for mobile clients; I'm mostly thinking about setting this up for laptop / desktop clients, so I'm not so interested in having a server render a webpage.

My setup is this: I have a few clients (my computers), on a high-latency internet connection. I have access to a relatively private server, which has an extremely fast internet connection.

Would setting up a proxy server on the server [machine] actually help connection speeds? I imagine things like Silk and Opera Mini compress data (don't send the same thing twice), and reduce the # of HTTP requests (for images, etc.). Would something like squid actually have the same effect? It seems to be targeted at the slow-website-server scenario.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-one-set-up-a-proxy-server-to-accelerate-web-browsing.207907/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 43.43%

Every time I shut down my Inspiron 15 using windows 8.1 when I boot back up I get an error message proxy server not responding when I try to go online. I then have to go to the connections tab of internet options and click lan settings and uncheck use proxy server for your lan. Is there something I can do to get around having to do this every time I boot up?

A:Proxy server not responding

Never mind, I researched microsoft's website and reset ie settings to solve the problem,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proxy-server-not-responding.207513/
Relevancy 20.21%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I have a very strange issue with my laptop.
It's a Toshiba a665-06f
I7 [email protected]
8gb ram
500gb Samsung ssd
Running Windows 8.1 pro

I can't get into the bios it boots in less than 10 secs, I've even tryed removing the hdd to get it to boot to the bios but it just sits at a blank screen when I do that. I've tryed tapping the all the f keys the del and esc on start cant get into the bios or even the boot options. Other than not booting into the bois it works great.
Any ideas please?

A:Unable to access bios

"Other than not booting into the bios, it works great"... So this means you can boot into Windows normally, and use the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-bios.206928/
Relevancy 19.78%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

Wile I am in the posting mood. Just thought I would ask the question. Is it possible for me to host/and play a call of duty server from my laptop or desktop?
When I was younger I played games like the delta force collection of games. And could just go into the game, click host server. And then gradually people would join my game as they seen it on the lobby.
Is this possible with any of the call of duty games for PC? I assume it needs some network configuration
If anyone could help me do it I would be really gratefull. I have my Nat port configured to open. But I would like to host a server and have it free for anyone to join

Thanks
C

A:Hosting call of duty 2 server

Has anyone any advice on this? :/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-call-of-duty-2-server.206731/
Relevancy 42.14%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have bought JBL Speaker FLIP Model FHP 2 on 14th July 2014 but it worked for only 2 to 2.5 months thereafter not working anymore.
I have taken to SPAR Artee Industrial on 29/09/14 but they are not providing free replacement not they are able to repairs as Charging PIN has spoiled. THe part is not available locally. The JBP Speaker are not working at all now.

Kindly suggest, for the Customer Care Complaints I am unable to find the Customer Care/ Replacement Customer Care / Service Center / Top Management Contact numbers for getting help for repairs / replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speaker-not-working-in-just-2-months-time-period.206690/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.138
And when I try to do nslookup:
C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-computer-seems-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-resource-dns-server-not-respondin.206332/
Relevancy 20.64%

I'm attempting to connect my laptop to my Wi-Fi but I'm having problems. I'm able to connect other devices with no problems, but when I try connection my laptop I get a "limited connection" message with a yellow triangle. Someone please help!! Tell me what info about my laptop you need from me.

A:Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

"Other devices"? Do you mean other WiFi networks? If so, then reboot your router. Also make sure your laptop's wireless can handle what your router is outputting (ac, n? 2.4vs5.8Ghz).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wi-fi.205919/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've never come across this and need a few more heads on this. All of a sudden this evening I am unable to upload to the internet. I've tried uploading to Facebook, gmail, and drop box all with a laptop, galaxy tab, HTC one phone, ( these three on wireless internet) and our hp desktop (hard wired). I can download from each program with all devices as well as browse internet and play YouTube videos. I've rebooted each device. Rebooted modem, router, as well as removed the router from the equation. I had my local isp (Wow! Internet) reboot their end twice. They say they have no problems in our area and it's not on their end.... Anyone ran across this or have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-upload-can-download.205781/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am using Tenda wifi router. It has a problem, it is that it need configuration every time when I start my laptop or connecting with any mobile device. What is the problem with that?

A:Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

The Tenda wifi router's internal battery may be dead

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-wifi-router-need-configuration-every-time.204507/
Relevancy 43.86%

I m looking to build a tower server from scratch that ll support - incoming connections to a game that will be hosted on this server Budget - I m planning on running Linux on this PC it ll run graphics are unnecessary as this PC will serve only as a server Server Building a PC also the saves for the players don t take a lot of memory so I won t be needing a TB harddrive I ll be planning to upgrade the system in the future to support more users List of items I m looking at Intel Core i - k Crucial GB x D - DIMM Gigabyte GA-Z -HD ATX LGA Samsung E GB EVO SATA quot IPSG LG X DVDRW SATA OEM IPSG Carbide Series R Case EVGA NEX G W GOLD PS Subtotal UEZ Sales Tax Total This is a price quote and recommendation I Building a Server PC got from a sales associate from MicroCenter NJ What I m wondering is would these components be enough to support a hosting server of - people with minimum lag If the playerbase of the game increases would I be able to upgrade the system to support more players Would it be better if I bought a Server Motherboard that ll support more processor for future purposes Are there anything cheaper that I could use to start off with and upgrade to in the future nbsp

A:Building a Server PC

Servers don't need heavy hitting processors. The primary resources are memory, networking and file I/O

The 120GB drive is minimally acceptable, although if I were building a server, I would have at least two drives,
one for the server and the other for the data being served. Performance would be better and either drive could be
replaced/upgraded without disrupting the other - - also improves your backup media consumption.

Let's talk networking. Is this a private server for just LAN connected users or do you intend to have Internet connected players?

* hosting server of 20-30 people * in a lan based server says you will need a good switch connected to the router for wired users OR an access point for wireless

* I suspect you are intending a public server with Internet users {upgrade the system to support more players}.
You should read your ISP End-User-License-Agreement; unless you purchase a private IP address & Domain, the ISP typically forbids your hosting anything. They will cause you and your users all kinds of issues, such as limiting bandwidth and randomizing your public IP address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-server-pc.203794/
Relevancy 43.43%

Right first things first to mix it up a bit, I've started a minecraft server on an LINUX based operating system, I've followed all the steps that have been required to start the minecraft server and so on, I've portforwarded everything (something else about it comes up later) And done everything it has said to do. I've run minecraft servers before so I do know how they work

HOWEVER, Because I still want to keep the portforwarding on my main computer so that I will be able to host other things from it, I changed the minecraft server to 25566 and since doing that no one has been able to connect to it. The only way I can connect to it is the internal address:25566 and nothing else. Other than that it does not work at all.

Yes I have put the correct IP in
Yes I am using the external IP to connect to it but it won't allow me to join with the external IP address even if I put :25566 after it.

Any suggestions?

A:Require help on a minecraft server

You said you've port forwarded it. Then you changed the listening port on server. Did you also change the port forward rule on router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/require-help-on-a-minecraft-server.203254/
Relevancy 19.78%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Thanks,
Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-my-hp3050-printer-wirelessly.202822/
Relevancy 43.86%

I cannot get online whenever I try I get the following message in a software Update box. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. When I access network connections, the broadband connection symbol has a x over it, and there is this message. This connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem is network adapter. Can anyone offer any solution please

A:Server unreachable

Try to update the driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-unreachable.201529/
Relevancy 43.43%

I know the parts are overkill for what I will be using it for to serve media to TV phones and pc s it will also back up my pc s weekly file server and questions Home server ftp sync to an offsite location I will be testing things like active directory and VMware because I use these are work but I cant really mess around with them to much there The server is will be running Windows Server R or R I haven t made up my mind yet I want to be able to leave the server on but have it go into a sleep mode until something is requesting data from the server over my lan or internet I know how to do this but I don t know if its good to do with RAID these are the parts I m using If you have any questions please ask me anything Fractal Design Define Mini http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD EFRX TB x in RAID http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewill TACHYON- W http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Mushkin Enhanced Blackline GB x GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASUS GRYPHON Z LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core i - Haswell GHz http www Home server questions newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Adaptec RAID T http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E SAMSUNG EVO GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Home server questions

Have you got a UPS? What's your question.

Also can you please tell me how you do the sleep mode? WOL when something requests access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-server-questions.200648/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi been awhile since I last posted. In the house we have a desktop and 2 laptops on the go in the house.The desktop is wired internet while the laptops are run on wifi.This worked fine until my isp UPC upgraded my internet speed from 50mb to 120mb.. The desktop and one of the laptops still works fine but the acus laptop has web access for between 20 mins to 45mins before the wifi drops off and becomes limited access. The wifi needs to be renabled to regain access to the wifi which lasts another small while until it gets limited access again.

The laptop specs are:
Acus K53e
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel Centrino N100 wifi adapter
Ram 6gig

At the moment its running for 30 mins then wifi cuts off for a few seconds before starting up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-limited-access-after-period-of-time.201028/
Relevancy 42.57%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all, a friend has a laptop running XP, the system clock resets everytime it's switched off for more than half an hour or so. I have tried three replacement CMOS batteries (and checked the voltage with a multimeter, 3V or thereabouts), no joy. I have cleaned the battery clip contacts & definitely inserted the batteries right way up, any polite suggestions please?

A:Laptop not keeping time, CMOS battery good

Have you check the bios to make sure the time is set correctly in the bios? If not windows will not keep the correct time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-keeping-time-cmos-battery-good.200032/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 43.43%

I m working one replacing our file server at work The one we currently have was built around and is starting to show its age So I m thinking new server time The server will be for a copy shop that specializes in house plans and construction plans We store lots of large pdf and tiff files Also have a full service sign shop so lots of Illustrator and Photoshop files - may of the raster graphics are New server file FreeNas quite large ft x ft sign dpi takes up a lot of space New FreeNas file server The server will need to connect to - computers at any one time with upto printers amp copiers active on the network at any one time I already have a fairly decent switch with one port having gigabit Ethernet that the file server will be plugged into and there reset of the ports being megabit Ethernet ports of the files we work with are storage on the file server - form house plans to large commercial building plans to customer artwork and designs for both small format printing and large format They are loaded modified saved and printed while on the server I strongly discourage anyone storing files locally as there are no backups on the individual computers only on the file server Both local and through Crashplan Anyways onto the hardware I already have the process from another project that didn t pan out Intel Xeon E - V Ivy Bridge GHz Mobo SUPERMICRO MBD-X SCL-F-O Case Fractal Design Define R PSU Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG- M W ATX Ram Kingston GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR Server Memory Model KVR D E SK G HDD s Seagate NAS HDD ST VN TB x I plan to put the HDD into a Raid-Z which should give me about TB of space I have built several gaming computers and graphic design computers before but never a server I think I have a fairly good built here but would certainly welcome input from someone with more experience in this area than me nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-freenas-file-server.200039/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 21.93%

So as a service tech I have had to troubleshoot many a bad power supply or motherboard but here is an error I have not encountered yet The tower time only first Machine the powers up I am troubleshooting is -bit HP compaq dx microtower I dont think it has vista on it any longer but it doesn t get that far When mouse keyboard VGA display and power are plugged in and I press the power button the fans spin up and the machine begins to Machine only powers up the first time power up but nothing comes on the monitor Monitor is on correct input setting and verified to work Also note that there are no addition display chips installed nor have there ever been any So I power it down to verify RAM is seated HDD plugged in all cables and buses are correct and they are but when I press the power button there is no response at all this time no matter what I try I even bypassed the button with another switch in case the relay was bad and no luck So I left work traveled out of town and a week later I come back and give it another try Here s what is strange like a de javu the machine does the same mysterious thing where it powers the first only and no luck the subsequent times It seems the power supply is ok at least enough to power it the first time and the motherboard LED is on Obviously something has gone bad but what could it be has anyone encountered a similar issue nbsp

A:Machine only powers up the first time

Three times actually.

One with a bad set of RAM modules.
The RAM modules were RMA'd. When I tried them in two completely different systems, they somehow locked up the system and removing the motherboard battery was the only way to get the system functioning again, even with the previous modules.

Two with a replacement motherboard.
The motherboard replacement would not boot with an i7-2600K. After calling the vendor they convinced me to try a lower level CPU so that I could flash the BIOS. Since all previous versions of the BIOS that I am currently running support the i7-2600K, I suspect it was a newer BIOS meant for Ivy Bridge support.

Three with a power supply failure.
The power supply failed in the middle of using the PC. During the process of rebooting, the PC would not do anything.

All three times the PC would try to boot but fail. On reboot attempt there would not be any signs of life. After disconnecting the battery and/or removing the power cord, the system would then try and attempt to boot once again. Long story short, it could be a number of things that could be wrong, don't rule any of them out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/machine-only-powers-up-the-first-time.199707/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello
guys please I need your help, my laptop keep saying
Unable to connect to the proxy server what can I do to fit it please

A:Unable to connect to the proxy server

You are getting this message because the laptop can't find a wireless network to connect to...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server.199618/
Relevancy 21.5%

My HDD sounds like it is reading for a good 3-5 minutes on startup. Programs run after a minute or so - albeit very slowly...

Does this mean its new HDD time as it is a good few years old, or do I have hidden files starting.

I have cleared out what I can find that I don't need at boot....

Any suggestions?

A:HDD reading for a long time on startup

How many autoupdate programs are running in your services AND
(for me) the Avast! A/V program induces this behavior.

I've reduced the autoupdates on my laptop, but love Avast! and have learned to just accept it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-reading-for-a-long-time-on-startup.199066/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am finding this problem to be a bit of a puzzler I have pc s networked together and connected to the internet through a switch and Unable the browse internet 7 to Windows then to a BTrouter all connected via Ethernet cabling None will connect to any page using IE one Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 has google chrome that will open google do a search if Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 I type in a subject but if I try to open one of the found pages it won t open them if I type in a website address same problem If I go into windows Live mail it will send and receive mails suggesting to me that internet is connected I have ran scans with Combofix and Malwarebytes which found next to nothing and booted into safe mode but still no success I can access the software on the routers so that connection is fine Have rebooted router and also changed the router for a different make and still no success both routers seem to tell me that broadband is connected This was all working OK some days ago and then all stopped working Any suggestions would be gratefully received nbsp

A:Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

Let's try this; using an Admin user login, get the command prompt and then enter:

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
Quit any existing browser, restart a browser and try Google again.
If you can run like this (btw: it will be slower to resolve the url), then we need to investigate youretc\hosts file. If you still can't surf the net correctly, we need to dig deeper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-browse-the-internet-windows-7.198415/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
I just got a new toshiba satellite C55-A5302 laptop and I immediately encountered a problem. The keyboard was not responding but I noticed that if I held down the key long enough then it owuld respond. I was wondering if this was a problem with the drives or if it was a factory defect or if there was any easy fix for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Keyboard Problem - Extremely Slow Response TIme

DON'T void the warranty, send it back to get it fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problem-extremely-slow-response-time.198232/
Relevancy 43%

Afternoon Ladies & Gents!

I've spent a few hours on researching this topic. I can't seem to find what I'd need.

Currently I'm looking for a solution. I have about 50 franchised offices. We've played a TV in each of them. Is it possible to put a device in each office and have a "Server" type device to push content over a VPN to them? Also naturally display this on the TVs.

Any comments or points in a direction would be much, much, appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Client-Server Media Streaming

Perhaps a Slingbox would work for this?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6187809_multiple-viewers-slingbox.html
http://www.slingbox.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/client-server-media-streaming.198059/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have narrowed my selection for a NAS down to the Synology DS413 or DS412. Primary intended use is home storage, media server, Security IP camera server, and remote storage for my children in college. Anyone have experience with these units?

A:Time for a NAS decision

Remote access by your student(s) at school to your local NAS on your router will need the router to have portforwarding enabled to the NAS address and port.

Also suggest you create a directory per user and make them all private per user and then an additional PublicDocs directory and make that r/w for everyone. In this way you know exactly what data can be access by whom and what is basically "I don't care data" in the PublicDocs\

You should also plan for backups, even if you have a Raid-10 configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-for-a-nas-decision.197006/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey guys,
I recently bought a new ACER Aspire V5 netbook/laptop, and so far it's been working great, but with only one issue. The clock keeps losing time, roughly every other time it is switched off it keeps losing time. The laptop is used to keep appointments and stuff like that so the clock is in needing of being fixed SAP really. ormally, it is by a few hours, or sometime is goes back by a day or two. Its really, wierd.

Specs
- AMD A6-1450 CPU @1GHz
- 6GB DDR3 RAM
- 3 Cell Li-ion battery
- 500 GB Hard Drive
- 10 finger touch screen
- Windows 8 Pro, upggraded from Windows 8.

A:Losing Time

If its still under warranty, return it . Don't void any warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/losing-time.197215/
Relevancy 43%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-connecting-a-server-to-network.197147/
Relevancy 21.5%

Do you guys remember the first time to wipe your phone and what probems did you encounter When my first time to wipe my BB I thought I had performed a security wipe to it but I was terrified that phone? the first your Remember wiped time it won s switch on Cuz it was my first BB and I did not want to screw it up Then I tried to find ou why the device not powering on Actually before the wipe I already had some trouble with wi-fi scanning it either show the previous network it was connected or no network found so I decided to wipe it out After the wipe when I turned it on the display showed logo like shredding something and I waited and waited but it won Remember the first time wiped your phone? t turn on Then I tried to remove the MPJ battery which I bought for extending battery life for several minutes and then switched on again but the same logo appeared I felt hopeless and pissed so I decided to left my phone aside and Remember the first time wiped your phone? did my own thing Several hours later I picked up my BB and surprised it was able to turn on Then I googled the meaning of the logo and there was nothing wrong of my phone just not patient enough nbsp

A:Remember the first time wiped your phone?

I don't like the Blackberry without the keyboard, the best BB is 9930 and the keyboard is so good that I can not help to writing something all the time.

BB10 is a little expensive now and maybe I will buy a second hand one in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remember-the-first-time-wiped-your-phone.196498/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi guys Recently invested in a Dell Ultrasharp quot monitor mostly with photo editing in mind and found that one of the main games I play StarCraft seems to suffer from microstutter since it doesn t fully support crossfire With this in mind I ve been eyeing up some of the latest single card solutions but from most charts and comparisons nothing looks like it s blowing my s out of the water performance wise Should I hold off for next HD5850 to Upgrade : ? Crossfire itch time generation of releases from Nvidia and AMD I can always disable crossfire for Starcraft and just live with lower frame rates at x for a while If I Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ? was to grab a card right now it would probably be Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ? a GTX or an System information doesn t seem to be an option from user picture anymore so here are the stats of the rest of the system CPU Intel i K Ghz Corsair H xAkasa Viper Motherboard Asus P P Pro B Revision Memory Gb Corsair Vengeance Graphics x MSI HD Twin Frozr II CrossfireX Audio Realtek ALC -Channel High Definition Audio Storage Crucial C GB SSD Seagate Barracude TB rpm Case Corsair Graphite T Midi Tower Any advice nbsp

A:Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ?

Might pay to see what AMD's big announcement is on the 25th September. Best case scenario is AMD bite the bullet and opt for a big die to put some pressure on the GTX 780/ Titan, although I'm picking that what they end up with might split the difference between the 7970GE and the GTX 780 performance wise.
Either way, unless it is strictly a PPS presentation, AMD should be announcing some kind of timetable. If that launch is close at hand you could see a nice realignment pricewise if the products look compelling and present sales start to stall out, with the added bonus that AMD would again drop prices to clear inventory.

If you're set on getting a card before then, I'd check the pricing on GTX 670's as well as 760's. You'll get a little more performance with the 670 especially if its an overclocked card (basically a GTX 680 once you hit that cards clock). If not, then the 7950 is, likewise, a solid option in the 180-200 range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-itch-time-hd5850-crossfire-to.195246/
Relevancy 28.81%

I K ghz crossfire gig windows Hi all I have been having this very strange problem with vsync for sometime now and only recently discovered that it was something to do with v sync itself I think This is what I recorded Basically in some games not all I get what is shown in the video Now the thing is I found while I was playing around is that if I disable v sync totally this stuttering tearing seems to go away by quite a lot in Strange Sync tearing V causing microstutter/screen games The fps goes to I think cod is fixed to that and it smooths out a lot but its still a little jittery and not perfectly smooth This is also the case with bad company I never had Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games a problem with Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games any game up until about years ago when this started happening unexplainably Another strange thing about this is that it only seems to Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games occour ONLINE Single player has non of this at fps If I use a controller to move there is no stutter tearing I had the same issue with battlefield but for some reason I cured it by limiting the fps to and its smooth as butter I have tried this with some of the other games but it does not work To add to the strangeness this also happends on a completely different PC I built a while back And led me to believe it was an internet problem I ran many tests all to come back clear I even changed providers again as I say it only happends on some games not all games affected BF Bad company All Call of Dutys Crysis and a few more games not affected counter srike global offensive rising storm red orchestra war thunder bf with fps cap Things I have tried lots and lots of different drivers Disabled crossfire upgraded mobo cpu and ram tried different monitors tried taking my pc round a friends house still happend switching from hdmi to vga to dvi reformated windows and the list goes on If anyone has any ideas about this please let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-v-sync-causing-microstutter-screen-tearing-in-games.196846/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

A:Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications: http://goo.gl/1rIcjH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-new-server-suggestions-needed.196717/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello guys I have been thinking about building a new gaming desktop for a while now but my old idea pad finally died so it is time to do this I guess I really just need a place to start as well as some advice on specific parts my time gaming Build First budget is about - dollars Processor I was thinking I or I though I could use advice Motherboard Im really not sure what to use But I do know I would like quite a few USB ports plenty of room for ram and room for improvements graphics card I First time gaming Build like the nvidia Geforce GTX series though which one im not sure I Do know that I will be using monitors so outputs is a must The games I plan to play are starcraft Skyrim Fallout battlefield and the like I dont really care to play everything on max all the time but I would like to be ABLE to go to max but be able to play normally First time gaming Build on high settings Power I really have no idea what kind of power source I would use so this is one place I need a lot of advice other This is the area where I feel im just going to forget something like what kind of heat sink should I buy to put in the processor Things like that would be very helpful In the end anything you guys can help me with is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance guys Also just saying im not locked into the Nvidia graphics card as I have heard great things about other cards as well nbsp

A:First time gaming Build

Something like this is a good base. You can get a slightly lower motherboard, leave out the sound card, and put more money into GPU and PSU. Other people can help with that.

Do you need to purchase a Windows license, monitors, kb/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-gaming-build.195799/
Relevancy 28.81%

TLDR Graphics card and wlan card randomly stop working I ve Wlan time? working time from card and card to Graphics stop posted this on other forums Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? so far no help so heres my problem I use my computer on average - hours a day I usually play games or im surfing the net now sometimes Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? my wlan card and my graphics card just stop working they both dont appear in the device manager I cant plug in my monitor through Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? the graphics card coz the screen just stays black and the wireless internet icon on the bottom right of the windows screen just says quot no connections available quot Im not on this but it seems like this occurs after playing games for long periods of time im pretty sure the games I play arent too heavy for my system empire total war skyrim etc I took my pc to the repair shop before and everything was working fine when they tried it I dont think its a problem with the wlan or graphics card coz sometimes they work perfectly then suddenly they just stop working when this happens it usually gets fixed when I wait for a day open up the pc and clean everything then perform a system restore I have no idea whats wrong Is everything compatible could it be overheating could the motherboard be faulty Its very unlikely that both these parts just stop working at the same time Noteworth -Sometimes when the wlan card stops working the light on the card itself isnt lit up but sometimes it is -These problems dont always occur at the same time Specs Motherboard Asus M N T-M LE V Graphics Radeon HD Wlan card D-link DWA Processor AMD athlon II x PSU Cant see the brand I think its a stock PSU Max watts Thanks for the help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-and-wlan-card-stop-working-from-time-to-time.195964/
Relevancy 19.78%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 43.43%

I read online that some people, while making their server build, had to drill holes in the case's back plate or just buying another case. I was just wondering if with this case and motherboard, I would have to drill holes because I know that with server motherboards there isn't really a standard. Thanks to anyone who helps out!

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147155

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182182

A:Server Motherboard with case help

You need to find a rack that can support E-ATX motherboards (extended ATX). Do you need a rack? Or is this just a workstation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-motherboard-with-case-help.195224/
Relevancy 21.93%

I really want some help here cause I have absolutely no idea Specs AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm DH Graphics Quad core Ghz G DDR memory Gig HDD G full Graphics Radeon HD G over FPS down Game time slows Alright I ve never really run into this problem before I can download a game and play it for the first day wonderfully Game FPS slows down over time I start back up and the next day the FPS is cut in half One of these games is War Thunder and going from an average of FPS Game FPS slows down over time to is a little painful Starmade also had this problem I was running FPS for a few days then it dropped to around and stayed there These drops happened weeks apart This has happened with other games but none of their drops happened at the same time The worst part is that one a game drops it always runs that slow and never runs any better regardless of how many restarts settings changes or background programs I close This is odd because I ve never heard of a game-specific drop in performance I should probably mention that the laptop s only about a month old If anyone could help me with this that would be great Thank you nbsp

A:Game FPS slows down over time

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-fps-slows-down-over-time.195014/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi. I use a 1tb external hard drive to store music, photos and movies. I use it on my Imac, also on my Asus e-book. I see that the external hard drive is partitioned into two. How or why I don't know. What I do know is that the first part is now full, and I cant see the second part when plugged into the USB on either computer. Could anyone help me by suggesting how I can access the second 500gig? Id appreciate answers in plain English, I really dont understand more than the basics, and the clearer ans simpler the answers the more I will learn, and thanks to all those about to read this !

A:Unable to access both partitions on external hard drive

Back-up all your data on the first partition.​
Right click on "My computer" and click "manage".This should take you to the computer management screen.​
Look at the left, you should see an option that says "Disk Management"; Click on it.​
You should be able to see all the disc partitions, find your External HDD partitions.​
Right-Click on the 2nd partition and delete it.​
After that right click on your first partition and select the option to "Extend Partition"​
​If you are confused, or need confirmation for anything please don't hesitate to ask.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-both-partitions-on-external-hard-drive.195074/
Relevancy 21.5%

So I got my graphics card, memory and cpu heatsink attached to my asus sabertooth z87 mobo and test with an external test. I get 1 long beep followed by 5 short beeps, although there is a small pause before the final (5th) beep. Now I only have the speaker in and do not have anything connected to a monitor. The manual says 1 continuous beep followed by 4 short ones is hardware failure but it doesn't say anything about a 5th beep that comes after a small pause. Could any of this have to do with the fact that I do not have a monitor plugged in anywhere? Other components:
GTX 770
Corsiar vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz
Hyper 212 EVO

A:First time external test with mobo

Okay so now I put it in a monitor and an error message came up saying cpu fan error and im in the bios screen now. anyone ever have this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-external-test-with-mobo.194977/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have been trying to find an elegant solution to play synchronized music throughout my house on my two computers. My first attempt involved a WinAmp plugin called SyncBoss, which worked OK but the audio skipped occasionally and it required me to use WinAmp as my media player (I like to use iTunes).

After searching around a bit more I stumbled upon what sounded like a much smoother and more versatile solution which uses Logitech Media Server and Softsqueeze (see http://www.avsforum.com/t/1387891/play-audio-on-multiple-pcs-in-sync). After much research and trial-and-error I can't figure out how to configure this software to sync my two computers together over my wireless network.

Has anyone used Squeezebox software to sync audio between two computers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Sync Audio Between Two PC's

You have two computers and you want to play the exact same songs at the exact same time, from both? Why?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-audio-between-two-pcs.194436/
Relevancy 21.5%

So I was thinking and I decided that my current computer wasn t good enough for what specs, New time First Build builder games I was playing Then one of my friends gave me the idea to bulid my own gaming rig so here I am Here s my specs CPU i - k GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM New Build specs, First time builder Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard RAM Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Intel New Build specs, First time builder Series GB mSATA Solid State Disk Some Guides I ve seen recommend getting a SSD for your operating system to be stored on and a hard drive for all your files games e t c so I m not quite sure whether to go for that idea or just SSD Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Case Inwin GRone Gray ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master V W PLUS Gold Certified ATX V EPS V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On IHAS - DVD CD Writer Thermal Compound Antec Formula Nano Diamond g Thermal Paste Operating System Windows Eight bit Cost Is this setup good Please don t post any upgrades because my budget was to so im already over If anything is overkill let me know Thanks for the help nbsp

A:New Build specs, First time builder

WOW, thats a nice build!

Although I gotta ask, what is it you do that would require the 4x8GB memory modules? Unless you are doing something spectacular, 2x8GB would probably be more than you need for a very long time.

Since you have chosen a mSATA SSD, I take it you have done your homework and know the motherboard supports mSATA. I had to double check to make sure you wasn't making a mistake. As for the 1 SSD option instead of 1SSD/1HDD, you can make that decision at a later date if you so choose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-specs-first-time-builder.194225/
Relevancy 43.86%

I posted this before with no answers I also posted this somewhere else with no answers lol So I m going to try more time I bought a motorola cpx series server at a auction I had no idea what it was and now I know it s a telecommunications server Although I really know nothing else about it I can t find any info on it anywhere either The tech that pulled it told me it works great just a with telecommunications What server ? to do out dated for What to do with a telecommunications server ? the state to use and if I don t have the equipment to use it it would make a awesome computer case lol I have no idea how to use this or even make it a computer lol I m alil techy I have built computers but What to do with a telecommunications server ? that s about all I know Looks What to do with a telecommunications server ? like this http thumbs ebaystatic com d w m mfQ ZtZGCaIxXoxNR I have posted on other forums for help and got nothing ANY help would be great thx If you have any questions or need to know anything about it I will answer what I can thx for the help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-do-with-a-telecommunications-server.194219/
Relevancy 21.93%

My cpu taking much time to turn on, when I switch on the power,it takng nearly 30-40 seconds to turn on cpu led lights and whole cpu itself!
can anyone help me in ths regards.

A:Cpu taking much time to turn on

What is the make and model of this "slow" computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-taking-much-time-to-turn-on.193003/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am not familiar with quick sync so any info for me would sure help. I have looked at some video on it but still would like a little insight. First I would have to have a CPU that supports it I know. But would I need it? I would have discrete card AMD 7790 in the machine in question. What will quick sync help me out with? These machines will be mainly used for video editing. Thanks.

A:Quick sync and CPU's

Quicksync helps to greatly reduce rendering times in video editing suites. The E3 has it if I am not mistaken. I dont recommend the 7790 for a video editing machine. The memory bus is slow, and thus, not good for video editing. I would recommend a 2GB GTX 650Ti boost edition or 2GB GTX 660 or 2GB AMD 7850.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-sync-and-cpus.193399/
Relevancy 43%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested atlantic.net dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed:

atlantic.net/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-speed-test.htmlClick to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this Atlantic.net is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-server-speed-test.192319/
Relevancy 21.93%

Case - Lancool PC-K Case Power supply - XFX Pro W Core Edition V Cooling Fans - Cooler Master Hyper Plus Cooler Motherboard - Asus P H -MX Builder First Time Advice Need USB Socket VGA DVI Channel Audio mATX Processor CPU - Intel Core i P GHz Socket MB Ram - Crucial First Time Builder Need Advice Ballistix Sports GB x GB DDR MHz PC - U Video card - EVGA GeForce GTX SC GB GDDR Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda TB RPM ST DM Disk drive - Pioneer DVR- BK Hi I am a first time builder who lives in the UK and would like to build a gaming PC that is preferably with in the price range of to I would like to know if the products listed above are compatible and whether I should consider buying other products which are cheaper and better in terms of performance I would also like know if this is a decent build in running most game today in the highest quality as well as how long it will last before I need to buy newer better parts nbsp

A:First Time Builder Need Advice

Everything is compatible.

Nice case and CPU cooler, however the CPU cooler would not really be needed if you don't over-clock. The Boxed CPU comes with an OEM CPU cooler that is fine with non-over-clock conditions.
Are you planning on over-clocking? If so the motherboard and CPU are not really designed for over-clocking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-need-advice.193366/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Guys,
I am looking for list of Public DNS server which like powerful one and I find a list like that:
(Powerful means that I like to have DNS server which should be fast, reliable, high speed and always available)
But I want more, anybody has idea how can I find more?

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys

Thank you so much

Yohann

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/public-dns-server.193245/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I m a first time builder here with a budget of I use my computer for web browsing with a million tabs so 1st time build, lost :P open I admit lol music recording editing normally about or so tracks only lite gaming minecraft with heavy skin packs and will be doing small video editing like boxes of video in one frame and watching movies both blue-ray and the occasional live stream I use Windows themes skins on my computer and have more rainmeter gadgets than I probably need I ve come across some good barebones kits for but they lack a few things which I may not even need lol I definitely need a wireless card no cable running to my room and obviously a blue-ray player I don t burn music or movies onto CDs if I need to I already have a burner I m looking for a minimum GB of RAM Do I really need an SSD My mind keeps saying quot YES quot but my wallet says quot nope not in the budget quot I do already have a TB drive for storage I would just like an SSD for the OS and programs But if that s not feasible I have no problem with a small HDD So what am I looking for that will meet the needs of my use and budget Mobo CPU GPU RAM PSU Case SSD-or-HDD Blue-Ray Player Wifi Card and after market cooler heatsink everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers go after market So if I m not all that crazy and this is feasible I appreciate any and all help and hope to learn a good bit in the process please feel free to teach so I actually learn something I m not loyal to any brand so I don t care about any of that at least not yet Thanks nbsp

A:1st time build, so lost :P

matrix86 said:

(everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers...go after market)Click to expand...

I would only make that recommendation based on whether the person will be overclocking. Neither Intel or AMD will package their CPU with a cooler that not sufficiently adequate under non-overclock conditions.

Have you assembled a parts list or are awaiting feedback first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-so-lost-p.192750/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I am trying to build my own computer case for gaming and home use and still want to use my micro-atx motherboard running with amd 64 athlon x2. Question is what is the best recommendation for a computer chassis, memory upgrade, and psu. Also, should I upgrade my processor to, lets say, a amd phenom II x3? Thanks for any replies

A:Any recommendations for a first time builder?

You should do anything until you tell us what you need (OS? Monitor?), your monitor size, games you're gonna play, budget, location.

Either way, not much point to pump money into your old system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-a-first-time-builder.191648/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone,
So I have only bought regular computers and I was thinking about buying a gaming laptop, or possibly pc, but I dont know what I need. Some help would be very appreciated. Here is what I want the computer for, now dont laugh at me, or at least just chuckle to yourself while calling me a noob, or whatever the lingo is. But I wanted the computer for my Sims games. Hey, you guys have your minecraft or whatever, I have my Sims, leave me alone. So what kind of computer would I need. Cuz I will eventually upload all expansion packs and I am tired of my regular pc running slow. So please help, and if buying a regular laptop with some kind of memory can suffice than please let me know.
Thanks!

A:First time getting a gaming computer

Well, Sims games arent demanding at all. They use pretty ancient engines. You dont even need a GPU for that, you can easily get a PC with integrated graphics for about 500 USD. What is your budget? You want a laptop right? And is the Sims all you will be playing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-getting-a-gaming-computer.191631/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all I m looking for advice and possibly tips and answers on whether or not my current build will work first $1k rig, time builder gaming I ve done some scouting through Newegg and looking at advice tips through the net on how to build a gaming rig and looking at pricings and $1k gaming rig, first time builder what to look for but I want to make sure it ll work most of all and whether or not this is a good buy for k spending limit It s currently $1k gaming rig, first time builder priced at around but with rebates and such I don t know if wishlist accounts for rebates and things like that it could be around altogether After reading the how to post new building threads I ve decided to add in this info I have no bought any items yet I live in Georgia US I m using this computer mainly for gaming I only have a laptop at the moment and most likely won t be using any parts from it for my new computer I m looking to keep this rig under dollars and do not have a monitor keyboard mouse or operating system yet But I m currently looking operating systems at the moment and monitors I doubt a keyboard and mouse will be that bad for cheapo s until I get more money And I don t know if I will need any after market cooling as I m pretty noob new to a lot of this stuff Sidenote I ve been told I could scrap my optical drive for a higher priced Graphics card but I heard the was a decent buy for it s price I ll see what you guys have to say but I would like to be able to watch dvd s and such and install some of the CD d PC games I already currently own Thanks My Wishlist Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Radeon G CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel i - ivy bridge gz gz turbo boosted MoBo http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASRock Z Storage http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair GB SATA III SSD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital GB Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair TX series Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewell Challenger-U Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Sniper Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Optical Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LG Black Blu-Ray TOTAL PRICE I would have posted my actual wishlist but I have no idea how to do it through Newegg nbsp

A:$1k gaming rig, first time builder

Scrapping the optical drive for a better GPU is an option. However, what you already have looks solid. I don't see a Monitor,Keyboard/Mouse or OS included in this. Are they on a separate budget?

If you were to scrap the Optical drive, you could move up to something like this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1k-gaming-rig-first-time-builder.190732/
Relevancy 20.21%

First post and here is the story I have an old broken XP laptop A friend loaned me his IDE SATA to USB cable so I could get some files off the hard drive I proceeded from computer another one Unable data to get to to connect and download what I wanted o my Acer windows computer I put everything into a folder I can open that folder and read the Docs and Unable to get data from one computer to another look at the pictures no problem I copied the info to an external HDD I tried to download it to my wife s laptop but it is not there I tried to load the same info on to a Cruzer Flash drive and transfer it the same way The folder is empty is what I get when I click on the flash drive letter If I put it back into my computer I can read it If I click properties of the drive it shows the space being used I also tried to put the info onto a laptop at work same thing If I add an unrelated file onto the flash drive it works normally These files are possessed Help I guess you can t edit the title nbsp

A:Unable to get data from one computer to another

It could be because you could have "hide hidden files/folders" checked. Just a guess, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-data-from-one-computer-to-another.190609/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just built a new PC and installed a Sapphire RADEON HD 6670 1gb DDR5...

I want to run two monitors (extended) using the DVI and HDMI ports. I just get a black screen on the second monitor??

A:How to use HDMI & DVI at the same time...

Which operating system are you using?
Do you have an option to extend desktop in Windows display properties?

If you are using Windows 7 try pressing "Windows Key + P" at the same time. This should bring up a projection menu with 4 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-hdmi-dvi-at-the-same-time.189833/
Relevancy 63.21%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 43%

So computer A(brother) has hosted a minecraft server. Computer B(Me) can connect to it from the outside world. Computer C(Friend) can not connect to it, Also outside world. Computer B is 45 min away where computer C is a 45 sec walk down the rode, same ISP. Any help? We all would greatly appreciate it. Also so same thing is happening with a Teamspeak server, Computer A host, B able to connect, C still nothing.

Note: computer C can get on other Minecraft servers and other Teamspeak servers.
Thanks alot

A:One computer can connect to Minecraft server, another can't

If computer C can connect to other severs then most likely the problem lies in computer A. Check firewall rules, try disabling computer A's firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-can-connect-to-minecraft-server-another-cant.188700/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all, been a while since I last built a system, and never done one with an SSD.

I'm assuming the SSD is basically my C drive where I will install the OS, plus any games I want to run quickly, then everything else on my D drive (just a regular HDD).

Sound about right?

A:First time setting up an SSD drive

Right. and don't forget to turn off some things like defragmentation, indexing and prefetch in windows. those are designed for hdd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-setting-up-an-ssd-drive.188558/
Relevancy 42.14%

So we have a server at one of the places I work that is a domain controller and DNS server website domain server controller pointing DNS to of instead address as well as an smtp server The domain is named companyname com The website is you guessed it companyname com Now why they set this up like this I don t know but because they have every now DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address and then the DNS server decides to point companyname com to the domain controller and ignore the fact that I have a www Host A record pointing to the web server s external IP address and a record saying DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address that DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address companyname com should also point to the web server s address The problem seems to stem from that when the server reboots for updates it of course forces the DNS server records to update and it puts an entry in there that contradicts my static records with the domain controller s local address in for companyname com Can I force it NOT to put a certain entry in there or rather not update a certain entry that it has in there Or can I force it to treat my static records as primary I m fairly new to this as I ve not dealt with this issue before and I m out of ideas nbsp

A:DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address

Hmm; for the External DNS accessible to the web

create a CNAME for www.company.name
create another for dns.company.name.
each pointing to unique IP addresses
this dns ONLY supports publicly available services; NOTHING internal

the Domain Controller should have a SEPARATE DNS, internal to the LAN, not accessible to the Web.
Internal users configured to -> internal DNS which performs recursive lookup to your ISP's DNS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-server-pointing-to-domain-controller-instead-of-website-address.187372/
Relevancy 21.5%

On a Dell desktop w/ XP SP3, the printer (wired Lexmark 1200) will print a page from the browser while online. The printer will not function in Word or Notepad. Any suggestions?

A:Printer working part of the time

What are the setting differences between browser and Word? Page size, scaling etc. Try from Notepad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-working-part-of-the-time.186716/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I just did some upgrades on my PC and now it s time for the video card I went from a Gigabyte mobo gb ram and an E to an ASrock Extreme mobo for a Upgrading my time PC, GPU new gb ram and a k I m not seeing much difference for what I use the computer for which is Upgrading my PC, time for a new GPU mainly some gaming and just browsing the internet I know the k was overkill and I wish I would have gone with the k and used the extra for something else My question is which card to get I play games like WOW Skyrim Assassins Creed Crysis and Mass Effect I don t game a ton and don t do any video editing other than maybe converting a movie to a different format or burning a DVD I d like to stay as cheap as possible so I m leaning towards the It s sometimes cheaper than the ti I m kinda stuck between these two models and can t really see a difference other than the stock OC Is there a big difference between different brands other than like warranty or cooling Is the ti that much better or would it just be overkill I m using an HIS currently if that helps Thanks in advance and sorry for the wall of text nbsp

A:Upgrading my PC, time for a new GPU

If you don't do much gaming and no video editing then the 7870 and 660ti are waaaaaay too overkill.
take a look at the HD7770 instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-time-for-a-new-gpu.185803/
Relevancy 30.96%

Building a new pc Its been since since I did a brand new overhaul Things to consider -I have a tj and a mountainmods ascension case capable of holding quad rads on front lower panel -Yes I will liquid cool the monster -I have an Areca raid controller capable of running time! Long time PC coming... buildin' sata II drives -I have x GB vertex first generation ssds -I have quot asus led monitors two of them but I will be picking up a quot high res monitor soon -I have a black widow ultimate keyboard -Yes I play mmo s and no I m not saying which ones -I have a watt gold silverstone psu -I know what I currently have is Long time coming... PC buildin' time! good but I plan to piece the machine off and sell give away most of it at least the things that aren t listed above -I leave for the USAF in a month Budget is usd Any questions just ask Have at it Excited to see what contractions my fellow techies come up with nbsp

A:Long time coming... PC buildin' time!

You don't need anywhere near $4-5k to play MMOs even on a 2560x1600 screen. The most demanding games are FPSs and some RPGs. If you're doing a lot of CPU intensive work then go with an X79/3930K build but otherwise a 3570K will be fine, and you'll have a lot of your budget left over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-time-coming-pc-buildin-time.186081/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone I m upgrading my CPU and motherboard and by extension RAM since it s DDR and I want some input on whether or not I should spend some cash and go with a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge system or a Phenom II or Bulldozer one Obviously the Phenom II system would work out cheaper and I like cheaper But I m wondering if that need a long suggestions some Upgrading please after time; very by not opting for the latest-and-greatest Intel chip would I be looking at an upgrade sooner rather than later down the road Any and all suggestions and or input are welcomed my location and current system specs are in my signature so please keep those in mind when suggesting anything I d prefer buying locally since most of the popular components are easily available via retail but I wouldn t mind ordering online if the price is right although with shipping rates the way they are I can t imagine that happening anytime soon nbsp

A:Upgrading after a very long time; need some suggestions please

Hi Rage.

Honestly speaking, I find that the choice of CPU, whether AMD or Intel, should not warrant that you look at an upgrade too soon. I have been using the Phenom II X3 720 for three years now and still it performs really well for most purposes.

Now benchmarks do reveal that the Intel (Ivy Bridge / Sandy Bridge) are far superior to their AMD (Bulldozer / Phenom II) counterparts. Consider the i5 3570k (the CPU you incidentally suggested for my new build). It costs around $229 which is 20% more as compared to AMD's flagship FX 8150. Although the AMD has 8 cores it is outperformed by the quad core Intel by around 40% (and above) in most benchmarks. In games, the 3570K stock outperforms an overclocked 8150 by approx. 30%.

The above, however, are just numbers. For most everyday tasks you should be fine with either CPU. If gaming at 1920x1080, your GPU will likely be the most limiting factor as neither CPU will cause any bottlenecks.

My opnion is that you finalise your budget. If you see that the Ivy Bridge can be comfortably accomodated go for it. Else I'm sure that the AMD will not disappoint.

One thing of note is that the Phenom IIs have generally benched better than the Bulldozers. That makes me sad as expectations from AMD were much higher.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-after-a-very-long-time-need-some-suggestions-please.184521/
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I set up a server just for what I thought was fun of doing it. but now I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with it. I don't necessarily want to sell it, but I need to do something with it so its working for me rather than me working to keep it up and running.

(for a do it yourself project I don't see it being worth anything/attractive to anyone else. if it is I'm not sure how to go about selling it. this would be terms of how to make it appear attractive to a potential buyer, if I could ever find one.)

A:What should I do with my server?

You could have all your desktops and laptops back up to it on a regular schedule. Can also store all your media on it and then buy the smaller faster SSDs for current systems.

Perhaps some more information about your other computers and networkable devices is needed before a very good answer can be given.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-do-with-my-server.185843/
Relevancy 43.86%

Please help!!! I give my friends the exact IP and it says "can't reach server" On my computer it works perfectly. They try direct connect and it doesn't work either! I've tried unblocking the windows firewall.

Minecraft Version: 1.2.5

Operating system: Windows 7

A:My friends can't get on my server

More then likely you need to unblock the ports on your router. **Updated: I assume this "server" is your minecraft server as you stated minecraft, the ports I listed are for minecraft**

If you are familiar with unblocking ports on the router then Unblock ports: 25565(TCP) and 25565(UDP)

If you are unfamiliar, you may need to look up a guide for your router. Or tell me the model you have and I will do my best to help you unblock the ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-cant-get-on-my-server.181867/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I got from a friend his old computer that according to him it wasn t working anymore The MB its a Gigabyte GA- I p-G I got it running My idea for the computer is to use it as a small media server to stream to my tv s Now HDD motherboard IDE regarding about Home SATA question server & here comes the Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD question this motherboard has Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD IDE ports and SATA ports Can I use ALL of the ports I want to get it fill with HD s to save all my media thats why I am asking Will it work with all the ports full I dont want to spend money in a entire new computer right now I dont know if it can work with all IDE used plus adding SATA HD I want it to end like this IDE GB HD MASTER DVD DVD-RW SLAVE IDE GB MASTER GB SLAVE SATA TB SATA TB I am Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD just missing right now the sata HDD s and plan on buying them but I want to be sure I have the manual but it doesn t say anything about conflicts or something do you guys know anything about it Here is the link for the MB specs and manual http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp nbsp

A:Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD

I recall comments re mixed IDE + SATA but don't recall the specific reference.

What should work is:

bootable system on one device (eg IDE)
storage device(s) shared (eg SATA)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-server-question-about-motherboard-regarding-ide-sata-hdd.184490/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/