Windows Support Forum

Accessing passworded users documents and settings (windows XP reintallation problem)

Q: Accessing passworded users documents and settings (windows XP reintallation problem)

Hi tech guys, today I experienced a lockup during Windows startup. I had some strange errors in the past days so it was a little expected. Kind of a big problem but nothing a Windows reinstallation can't fix.

Last time such a thing happened, it simply formatted my whole HDD, losing all my documents and programs. This time, I tried to only reinstall my windows folder using a boot from cd to keep my files. All worked as expected besides that I lost all my sessions. Since all my files are in a protected folder that can only be viewed a session that doesn't exist anymore I'm screwed.

How do I hack these protections and get my stuff back?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Accessing passworded users documents and settings (windows XP reintallation problem)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Accessing passworded users documents and settings (windows XP reintallation problem)

If they are passworded or encrypted, then you are done.

If they are only under new ownership:

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-passworded-users-documents-and-settings-windows-xp-reintallation-problem.627192/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, if anyone could help me with this, it would be great!

All of a sudden when I try to open my C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents folder, it says "access denied"

running xp home sp2.

any suggestions?

oh, I did a google for solutions and various pages often suggested I turn off simple file sharing, but the option is non existant under my file/view menu...

A:Access Denied to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

It sounds to me as though the administrator has made that directory path private. Are you the admin, and if so, are you logged into a user account with admin rights? If all else fails, reboot and log into the Administrator account and go to the control panel/users and change your preferred account status. While you're there, unlock the problem path to allow all users to view.

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-to-c-documents-and-settings-all-users-documents-15657.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows 7 on my notebook, as the owner and admin.....
I try to access this folder, and I cannot...in fact it appears as a shortcut rather than a folder...i have run antivirus, and malware, found nothing....
tried to change the security....all users has rights to it, the admin does not and cannot be changed....any ideas?

A:C:\Documents and Settings\all users\documents DENIED!!!

It looks like one of the junction points that provides some backwards compatibility and which shows when unhiding files in Control Panel>Folder Options>View. There is no Documents and Settings folder in Win7, except as a junction point.

Read more about junction points here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

In Win7 Documents is under All Users>[User Name]>Documents. Perhaps you should hide Hidden and System Files again to see only the WIn7 folders you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218841-c-documents-settings-all-users-documents-denied.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently replaced my motherboard which because my new one is a different chipset than my old one, required me to repair my windows install. Rather than do that and possibly lose a bunch of stuff in My Documents folder and my extensive Favorites I opted to just do a new install on another partition. So far everything has worked fine but when I tried to get into my old Admin files in my "Documents & Settings" Folder it gave me a red x and said Access Denied.

Anyone know how I get around this and into this folder?

A:Help Accessing old User Documents & Settings?

You would have been just fine doing a repair install.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Take Ownership of the folders and files.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=XP+Take+Ownership

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-accessing-old-user-documents-and-settings-93029.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all, this is my first thread here. May be a little n00bish but here goes.

Ive dealt with almost every problem Ive had with my comp but this one has me stumped. I just tried to install a program and cant because the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents folder denies me access. I have administrator rights and all that guff and it annoys me horribly the thought I dont have access everywhere on my computer. Ive been though the folder properties and attributes, and cant change much at all. I dont ever remember not having access to this folder before.

Please help...

A:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

The software I am trying to install is genuine. Bought it today. Is a game called fear. What its trying to do is create a profile folder in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents folder I believe but cant because of this access problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c-documents-and-settings-all-users-documents-109625.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi My mother board fried or something on my old computer so I purchased a new one There were files on my old hard drive I need on my new computer so I attempted to install it on my new computer as a slave drive Problems arose most likely because they both have comp??? documents Accessing on settings and old folder HD new a from an an OS or some other unknown reason I am a layman when it comes to computer so I couldn t figure out how to install it properly I came to a Accessing documents and settings folder from an old HD on a new comp??? temporary solution though when I used the IDE cables from Accessing documents and settings folder from an old HD on a new comp??? the CD-ROM drive in order to hook up my old hard drive I am now able to access the information on my old hard drive on my new comp - EXCEPT for my old user name in the docs and settings folder I imagine it s because I was the administrator of the computer because I can access the other users desktop folder without a hitch on my old hard drive I just need to access the folders on the desktop on my old drive - it keeps telling me quot access denied quot There are two potential ways I can do this I guess A Figure out how to boot my computer successfully with the old drive B Since my new drive boots up with no problems figure out how to access my old drives docs and settings folder when it s on the slave drive Does anyone have a solution for this Any input on either A or B would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Accessing documents and settings folder from an old HD on a new comp???

You need to Take Ownership of the folder. go to the link to read how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-documents-and-settings-folder-from-an-old-hd-on-a-new-comp.464380/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am using windows Vista. I have a Documents and Settings folder and a Users Folder. They seem to be exact duplicates. The Users seems to be in use more than the Documents and Settings. I would like to delete one or the other but do not want to corrupt my system. Is it safe to delete one and if so, which?

Is this a result of running a registry optimizer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/users-vs-documents-and-settings-347099.html
Relevancy 76.97%

When I send something to my desktop, it does not go where I think it should. I have 2 users in my C:\Documents and Settings. (I did not put either of them there). I sign in with Username. It does not go there in Username, Desktop. It goes to Username.ROOTS, Desktop, and shows on my desktop. If I put something in Username, Desktop, it does not go to my desktop. I do not have a Username.ROOTS shown in User Accounts. No other accounts. If I go to User Accounts, and make Username1, and sign in with it. Then delete Username, will it get rid of Username.ROOTS. Also will it make a Username1.Roots, and use it. I would like to get rid of these extra accounts in Documents and Settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-users-in-documents-and-settings.551722/
Relevancy 76.97%

I use this folder to keep icons on the desktop for our users. A few computers in one of the labs have this folder missing. Students probably got to messing around and deleted it.

Is there anyway to rebuild this folder to serve it's purpose or am I going to have to re-image the machine?

A:C:\documents and settings\all users is gone!

Hi Seth

You might first check to see if those pesky students changed the folder's properties to hidden - just as a prank [set the View in Windows Explorer to show hidden files temporarily].

That's the nice thing about having a backup image handy = they are great for computer labs at schools.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c-documents-and-settings-all-users-is-gone-177772.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I recently reinstalled Win Xp. I use Windows Explorer quite frequently. When I open the tree :My Computer
+ Local Disk(C)
+ Documents and Settings
+All Users
+Default User
+Owner

How did I get Owner ? All the other times I've installed XP(many),the "Owner" has been my name that I give the computer.

A:Documents and Settings-users

Is it a recovery disk or an actual Install disk? Just create a new user and delete the Owner one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/documents-and-settings-users-91231.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello Recently when I restarted my computer it started up without my settings background files etc At first I thought them to be lost but in Documents and Settings I found my user name folder John Smith and in Documents Users Settings with all of my files and data in it However there is also a new folder John Smith JOHN which seems to be the quot user quot that my computer is starting up to i e the favorites in this folder match the favorites that are now being displayed on my computer This new quot user quot is not listed in the Control Panel Users menu How can I delete this new folder and get my computer to start up with my old settings In other words I wish to delete quot John Smith JOHN quot and only have quot John Smith quot It should be noted that the quot Administrator quot folder in Documents and Settings has the exact files as the new John Smith JOHN Users in Documents and Settings folder I would like to be the sole administrator and have my old files back in that folder I cannot figure out how to do this since I cannot delete quot John Smith JOHN quot while I am logged in as this profile Again I cannot switch users as this quot user quot does not exist except in the Documents and Settings folder Thank you sincerely for your help and advice nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

In Win2k and XP you have a C:\Documents and settings\All Users folder by default. My questions is can I make every user that logs into this XP Pro PC use that folder and settings folder with out creating a new folder for each user. i.e. Mofo logs on to that PC and C:\Documents and Settings\mofo folder gets created and new settings are in effect and more disk space is used. I want every user that uses this PC to have the same exact desktop and settings and when Mofo changes the desktop then the next user that logs on to this PC gets that change.

Thanks...

Mofo...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/documents-and-settings-all-users-foler.56457/
Relevancy 76.11%

Kaspersky tells me there is a 2 viruses in my Document and Settings and I have tried there and in USERS/All users, etc and it to is ACCESS IS DENIED and I want to confirm that Kaspersky DID delete all traces of that virus.
HOW do I get this get to these folder to check? Ask my mother or my priest for permission to access my own computer that i bought and paid for. Of course I am misguided as i believe that I should have access to my own computer.

But don't want to get started on my rant about Microsoft 7 and "permissions" and "access" to my computers. the ole "pay us but don't expect any access"

anyone know how to get around this madness?

A:Virus in DOCUMENTS and SETTINGS/USERS

Login as an administrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/164422-virus-documents-settings-users.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, got a question, need ur guys help here...
how come when i put some link in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites , it doesnt reflect on all the users who log in to the computer..

whereas if i put a notepad here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

i will show on everyone.

A:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites

Each user has a separate folder even when the only user is also the administrator. In
XP, the obvious reproduction of a duplicate default can clearly be seen by opening the
"doc+settings" folder to see the process there. Try copying the file to a user named in
the desktop. Favorites is mainly for the IE6.0 browser links dragged off a web page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-documents-and-settings-all-users-favorites.418777/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi

i got a terrible headache , i spent all the afternoon to browse my Documents and Settings & users folder , no way , i was not able!

today i installed photoshop cs4 32 bit on my w7 32bit

i tried to browse Documents and Settings ->denied access

i tried to customize cs4 keyboard shortcuts and and menu

i tried to browse the folder user
i found my name , clicked on application data ->access denied

i was not able to browse these folders

i tried Add_Take_Ownership.reg , nothing

i'm really sad

is there a way to take control of my pc
i'm the administrator
i want to browse my pc
i bought w7 ultimate(ultimate only to have 2 language ,mine and my girlfriend) and it was not cheap

is there a way to take Ownership of my pc?

thanks

ps i'm almost disperate
have a great day

A:Documents and Settings & users not accessible

hi drugo, you could try a system restore prior to when you had problems System Restore or if that fails a repair install Repair Install hope that helps you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/77446-documents-settings-users-not-accessible.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I put a password on the harddrive of my previous laptop through the BIOS hoping that Harddrive Passworded Accessing it would cause a thief some hardship trying to get it to work It was a Dell Studio The computer got messed up so I took out the HD Accessing Passworded Harddrive and tossed the rest it Accessing Passworded Harddrive would have cost more to fix than to just get another laptop However because of that password being on there I am unable to access that HD My current laptop is a Gateway NV I ve tried using it as an external but it doesn t even ask for the password I also put it in my current laptop as an internal but it won t accept my password - I figure because it was done on a different machine I have a number of projects on that HD which I would VERY MUCH like to get to if at all possible Can anyone tell me how to get access to it Maybe a program that will allow me to input the password It doesn t matter if my password can be removed or not as long as I can put it in and access my HD The HD is a WD Scorpio quot WD BEVT quot Images of what shows up when I make it an external Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Peace to you and yours Matthew quot Dra Gon quot Stohler nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

SO I have been having problems with people accessing my facebook gmail and other sites lately Especially over the last week I think that I might have downloaded a trojan but I can t find any sign of it I have looked and I guess I am missing something and figured you all might be able to help a bit better i went through the steps as listed in order defogger to stop dameon tools restarted downloaded the dds the gmer I will post the logs of that Did have a problem with gmer not giving me all the options that I saw were available on the post I did have the option to scan services registry and files C All of the others were greyed out DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Mike at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- china and services accessing my passworded lately. korea FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe china and korea accessing my passworded services lately. -k netsvcsC china and korea accessing my passworded services lately. Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exeC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB china and korea accessing my passworded services lately. EXEC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files x Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files x Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files x Drafix PRO Landscape PRO Landscape Dashboard exeC Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files x Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe Updater Adobe Updater exeC Windows splwow exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXEC Users Mike AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE DVOVE CB dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exeBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files x common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files x kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO ... Read more

A:china and korea accessing my passworded services lately.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318532/china-and-korea-accessing-my-passworded-services-lately/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Lately I had encountered the above error popup box I m not sure what had gone wrong I had read through other posts and it seems that OTL is a common tool which is used during the investigation process Hence I had downloaded OTL Users\Application \Documents and Error Data\Temp\C31F31E6 Settings\All and below is the content \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Temp\C31F31E6 Error of the output files OTL logfile created \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Temp\C31F31E6 Error on AM - Run OTL by OldTimer - \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Temp\C31F31E6 Error Version Folder C Documents and Settings tracyong DesktopWindows XP Home Edition Service Pack Version - Type NTWorkstationInternet Explorer Version Locale Country United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Mb Total Physical Memory Mb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File freePaging file location s C pagefile sys D pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWS ProgramFiles C Program FilesDrive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type FAT Drive D Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type FAT Computer Name TRACY User Name tracyong Logged in as Administrator Boot Mode Normal Scan Mode All usersCompany Name Whitelist Off Skip Microsoft Files Off No Company Name Whitelist On File Age Days Processes SafeList PRC - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- C Documents and Settings tracyong Desktop OTL exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exePRC - ---- M AVG Technologies CZ s r o -- C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exePRC - ---- M Realtek Semiconductor Corp -- C Documents and Settings tracyong Local Settings Temp RtkBtMnt exePRC - ---- M PPStream Inc -- C Program Files PPStream PPSAP exePRC - ---- M PC Tools -- C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exePRC - ---- M PC Tools -- C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINDOWS system spider exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINDOWS explorer exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exePRC - ---- M acer Inc -- C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exePRC - ---- M Acer Incorporated -- C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exePRC - ---- M Broadcom Corporation -- C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exePRC - ---- M HiTRUST -- C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exePRC - ---- M -- C Acer GraviSense GraviSense exePRC - ---- M Dritek System Inc -- C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXEPRC - ---- M Logitech -- c Program Files Common Files Logitech LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exePRC - ---- M Logitech -- C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEPRC - ---- M Acer -- C Program Files Acer OrbiCam CameraAssistant exePRC - ---- M Avocent Inc -- C Acer Empowering Technology admtray exePRC - ---- M Avocent Inc -- C Acer Empowering Technology admServ exePRC - ---- M Synaptics Inc -- C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exePRC - ---- M Logitech Inc -- C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exePRC - ---- M Wacom Technology Corp -- C WINDOWS system Tablet exePRC - ---- M Wacom Technology Corp -- C WINDOWS system Wtablet TabUserW exePRC - ---- M SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION -- C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exePRC - ---- M Ad... Read more

A:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Temp\C31F31E6 Error

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390777/documents-and-settingsall-usersapplication-datatempc31f31e6-error/
Relevancy 72.24%

Logfile of and C:\Documents Users\Application Data\MFAData\pack\bins\w10idatx1170kl Settings\All Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MFAData\pack\bins\w10idatx1170kl Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MFAData\pack\bins\w10idatx1170kl WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MFAData\pack\bins\w10idatx1170kl svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C PROGRA DICTIO bar bin v brmon exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C WINDOWS system oodtray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop AVWEBGRD EXE c program files avira antivir desktop avcenter exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avscan exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE U L BN SysInfo exe C Documents and Settings USER Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - da e a- - f c-b e- de ab - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - e -ff d- - eaf- - C Program Files DictionaryBoss bar bin v SrcAs dll R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote prxtbVuz dll R - URLSearchHook YTNavAssistPlugin Class - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO vShare Plugin - C - BB- -AF E- FAEDACF - C Program Files vShare vshare toolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Search Assistant BHO - - e - f -aca - f af d - C Program Files DictionaryBoss bar bin v SrcAs dll O - BHO Toolbar BHO - eb fb- - c -b -bc a - C PROGRA DICTIO bar bin v bar dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Security - da e a- - f c-b e- de ab - no file O - BHO Vuze Remote - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote prxtbVuz dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files ... Read more

A:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MFAData\pack\bins\w10idatx1170kl

can anyone tell me if this file can be deleted or how to go about getting rid of it ? or if in fact it is a trogan ? ant help with this would be greatly apreacated as im stuck in a nursing home 2 hrs away from my friends and family and my pc is the only way i can conect with them. . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-documents-and-settings-all-users-application-data-mfadata-pack-bins-w10idatx1170kl.1054975/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have changed from old XP computer to new windows 8

Photo files have transferred in to "Library "on new computer whereas they were in "documents and Settings in old computer

Momento photo book files can only access photos from a folder bearing the name the program has REMEMBERED...i.e. "documents and settings"

New comp will not allow me to access "documents and settings "to transfer photo files into it

DO NOT WISH TO RESET 100 PAGES OF PREVIOUSLY PREPARED BOOK

how CAN I TRANSFER PHOTO FILES INTO "DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS

A:accessing "documents and settings"folder

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName is what Windows XP previously called the User file. The User file in all versions of Windows since then are C:\Users\yourusername. Librariess are the place holders introduced in Windows 7 with short cuts to the directories (Pictures, Music Etc) in the User File. There are no directories or files that you can access or rename called Documents and Settings.
You will have to remap the Momento Photo book to C:\Users\YourUserName\(My)Pictures\Momento Photo book or whatever the name of the file that Photobook creates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/accessing-documents-and-settings-folder-832930.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I really hope problem documents Having a pictures accessing and someone can help me with this I'm having an issue accessing pictures and documents on my pc It takes forever for the page to load whenever I click on the quot my pictures quot link and once it finally opens and I am able to access one of the folders if I try to go back to the main page after viewing the pictures in whatever folder I am in the screen just freezes It also doesn't show recently uploaded pictures eventhough I know they are there since I can see them through my Canon Having a problem accessing documents and pictures zoombrowser program I am having the same issue when I try to view my documents I have run a virus scan but no virus was detected I just had the hard drive replaced a year ago or so so I really hope that it's not about to crash again My system is windows xp Can anyone figure out what could be causing this I would appreciate any help you can offer Thanks

A:Having a problem accessing documents and pictures

Go to Start/Run and type chkdsk C: /R and press enter. The Command Prompt window appears (DOS). Now type a Y for Yes to run Check Disk at next bootup then manually reboot the computer. The Check Disk utility will run at next boot up and try and fix any file errors.
You also can download the ISO image for Seatools or Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. And boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-a-problem-accessing-documents-and-pictures-638543.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay this is accessing My on Problem folder HD external Documents sort of an odd emergency and I m hoping Problem accessing My Documents folder on external HD someone here might be able to help First of all I m in Athens Greece right now I was using a Dell laptop - Inspiron - running XP until about two days ago when the thing just went kaput Discussions with Dell strongly suggest that the motherboard has a short on it and it won t boot up at all That s not really the problem though - read on I will not be back in the States until the end of the month and I need badly various documents that were stored on the dead computer s hard drive I purchased an external hard drive case USB for the inch drive in my old laptop installed it in the case and am currently at an internet cafe attempting to extract the documents from the hard drive Here s what happens The computer here runs XP and it recognizes the external drive However in My Computer although it lists the external as a new drive it doesn t give it the standard quot hard drive quot icon In fact it s the usual quot unrecognized icon quot symbol Despite the situation in I can open the external drive in Windows Explorer The file structure is intact as far as I can tell When I go to Documents and Settings I can open all folders EXCEPT for the one labelled with my username from the old Dell Inspiron Of course that s where all of the documents I currently need are stored on the external drive When I click on this folder an error message pops up - it s in Greek which I cannot read of course but the tech at the intenet cafe translated it loosely as quot cannot access the folder quot I had a password assigned to my username on the Is it possible that this password is still active on the external drive and I can t access the My Documents folder under that name unless I somehow bypass the password That s my only theory considering that everything else on the drive is completely accessible copyable etc Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated The only caveat is that I have to do this on a Greek machine with all Windows labelling in Greek So usual ways of explaining things like quot Go to Control Panel then Administrative Tools then Disk Management quot which is what I wanted to do won t work because I can t read the labels I do know how to get to the Control Panel but from there I m lost I never thought I d need to memorize the icons Another possible idea would be to tell me how to switch the language in XP from Greek to English and then give me the instructions in English Sorry for the long post I hope it s clear and I hope someone can help me Thanks Charles nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi So we have this puzzling issue nbsp users SharePoint for Problem Site some accessing We have an SharePoint site that works for some most people but not everyone Problem accessing SharePoint Site for some users We are trying with IE latest version nbsp We have also looked at trusted sites and compatibility view they are the same for users that work and don't work For ones that it does not work they seem to get this message when they browse to the webpage quot Only secure content is displayed quot The issue they get is when they fill out a form with a Captcha at the end and try to submit it nbsp They get this message System Error The Web application at lt https gt could not be found Verify that you have typed the URL correctly If Problem accessing SharePoint Site for some users the URL should be serving existing content the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application For those users with the issue we have tried different browsers Chrome Firefox and Edge for those with Windows nbsp The only one that it works with is Edge Now the strangest part is that if we open the website in Edge and then from Edge open IE we can submit that form correctly Does Problem accessing SharePoint Site for some users anyone know what the difference is between opening IE directly and opening IE from Edge nbsp Maybe that can help us figure out how to address this issue Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13f19910-dca1-4eee-aef3-6f86901ef0e1/problem-accessing-sharepoint-site-for-some-users?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 63.64%

I want to prevent users from accessing share folders after typing the IP Address and press Enter it should popup an error message not after the users be able to see all those shared folders and when they click on the shared folder it receive an error message like access denied.

So far I have set NTFS and Share folder permission but doesn't work for the URL bar with IP Address, however it works fine when users click on the shared folder.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300658-how-prevent-users-accessing-share-folder-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to track which users are accessing files on the network.

For example, Bob has access to the sales folder, he opens a document called sales.txt.

Is there a place where this info is logged? Can I see when he accessed the file?

I am workin in a windows 2000 domain.

Thanks

A:Windows 2000 Domain--Tracking users and which files they are accessing?

I did find an auditing feature under the folder properties.

You right click the folder that you want to monitor and select properties, security, advanced, auditing, then add the user that you wish to monitor.

The results are listed in event viewer, under the security section.

I guess this does accomplish what I am asking, but it seems very tedious.

I'm still up for better suggestions.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-domain-tracking-users-and-which-files-they-are-accessing.547676/
Relevancy 62.35%

When ever i enter the Word Program after setting up a new directory for the files i intend to produce, this new directory goes to documents and settings which is not where i want it.

why does this happen and how do i get rid of this documents and settings and should i try to get rid of it.

this is causing a problem in that every time i access a word file the first thing it does is cause an error box saying the file i want is being used by me and do i want to make a copy. it i do accept make a copy then the file cannot be changed and saved. if i refuse to make the copy it works correctly.

any assistance would be appreciated

bill at [email protected]

A:Documents And Settings Problem

Tools - Options - File Locations

Change the documents location

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/documents-and-settings-problem.408995/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi! I was trying to follow instructions on copying my Mozilla bookmarks & had this problem when asked to "Navigate to: C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ default.random characters \ Bookmark.html"

Here is the problem, I will attach a "print screen" so you can see what I see. By the way, I have a Dell laptop Inspiron E1505, with Windows Vista.

Please let me know if you need any more information, as I am a newbie! and it's my birthday today, so I'll consider your help a gift!

Note, when I explore C drive, the Doc and Settings option I'm used to seeing appears as only a shortcut.

By the way, the reason I want to copy bookmarks in Mozilla is because Mozilla is not functioning now, so I'm going to try & reinstall it.

thanks!!

Kathy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265347/documents-and-settings-problem/
Relevancy 62.35%
Relevancy 62.35%

So I have my entire hard drive backed up to an image file. I had to format and put a new hard drive in my machine. All is fine and dandy, but when I try to access my user's folder in "documents and settings" on the mounted "image" all I get is "access is denied" - anyone know how to fix this, or get around it?

A:Accessing a user's "documents and settings" when it's "protected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-a-users-documents-and-settings-when-its-protected.397781/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have my My Documents folder located in D My Documents When I click the link shortcut to My Documents i e the one in the start menu and Other Places menu on the left side of Windows Explorer I have the Arrange Icons By context menu item set to Name because you must pick something for that But I don t want the files directories in My Documents to be arranged in Alphabetical order I want them in a set order that I defined myself So they don t change back to Name every time I open the My Documents shortcut they stay the way I want them to The problem is that when I go directly to the folder i e open the D drive and then click the My Documents folder not the shortcut they get arranged by Name but when I click a shortcut link to it they stay Documents settings By My problem Arrange Icons in the order I want them to the set order that I predefined So to make a long story short how can I get the My Documents shortcut and direct folder located in the D drive to have the same Arrange Icons By settings and not ever pick their own Thanks for sticking through this long post if u did and replies are much appreciated nbsp

A:My Documents Arrange Icons By settings problem

What are the properties you are using for your shortcut?

If you try using the Run command and enter i.e.: C:\Temp

Does it work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-documents-arrange-icons-by-settings-problem.673460/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell Precision Tower 5810 running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
I created Rescue Media for the Macrium Reflect Free Imaging Software on a USB Flash Drive.
I can boot to that USB Flash Drive IF I can first boot into Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
But, the chances are that when I will need that Rescue Media, I probably will not be able to boot into Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
I have tried to directly access the UEFI by pressing the F2 key at the Dell Logo after powering on the System.  I also tried F12.  Neither has worked.
Is there something different that needs to be done on a Dell Precision Tower 5810 running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit to directly access the UEFI & change the boot sequence when I cannot boot into Windows?

A:Accessing PC's UEFI Settings if I canNOT boot into Windows

Donald357,
Below are some links to help you with the UEFI settings.
Access UEFI (BIOS) System Setup from Windows 8 / 8.1
How to troubleshoot and reinstall the operating system on Precision Desktop Workstations

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19659957
Relevancy 59.77%

Heyas I have recently installed windows Pro on my computer after a lot of trouble even getting it to work w o having fatas errors Its up and running now though but after installing my drivers for nvidia GT i cant seem to access my quot Windows advanced Pro on graphic accessing settings 2000 GEForce GT quot Tab under my advanced display settings it loads all the other tabs such as Adapter Monitor Color Management accessing advanced graphic settings on Windows 2000 Pro etc but it wont bring up my settings so that I can enable things like SLI I have two GTs in SLI format and ready to go Ive tried multiple drivers and all of them wont let me access this tab I currently am using service pack for win k because I cant seem to get the windows updater working either quot sigh quot EDIT - I switched to windows in the first place because I kept getting nv disp looping error with windows xp i just cant seem to win with nvidia nbsp

A:accessing advanced graphic settings on Windows 2000 Pro

Have you checked if HardWare Acceleration is at maximum under the Troubleshooting Tab of the Advanced settings from Display Properties?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-advanced-graphic-settings-on-windows-2000-pro.444671/
Relevancy 59.77%

Yesterday out of nowhere I was prevented from visiting google regardless of what browser I used The error code given by Chrome was Error net ERR CONNECTION RESET Unknown error I did the standard delete files reboot computer power Preventing Accessing Me Settings Google Windows Security From down up cable modem amp router Still the same Also only the google main domain runs into this issue not Windows Security Settings Preventing Me From Accessing Google subdomains So google com analytics is unaccessable but mail google com Windows Security Settings Preventing Me From Accessing Google is just fine Running a few searches on Yahoo I saw a thread that said to edit Windows Temp security settings so I Went to Explorer gt gt C gt gt Windows gt gt Temp and right-clicked selecting Properties Accessed Security Tab Listed were CREATOR OWNER SYSTEM Windows Security Settings Preventing Me From Accessing Google Administrators Path-to-Me and Users Path-to-Me Selected CREATOR OWNER Administrator ME and Users Me and selected Edit and allowed full control to all three of these Restarted browser and went to Google and it worked fine Ten minutes later it is inaccessible again Went back to the Temp file security tab and All the access check boxes for the CREATOR OWNER are unchecked Trying to re-enable them throws this series of error notifications First error Next Error When I Click Continue Can anyone tell me what is going wrong I feel like Microsoft has seeded some type of anti-google thing into my computer with one of its updates

A:Windows Security Settings Preventing Me From Accessing Google

Here is a very old article about the problem
My point in giving you the article is to point out that it is probably your antivirus
Maybe its a needed warning about something on the sites.
Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware: Critical Error 101 | Windows spyware | Tech-Recipes

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106724-windows-security-settings-preventing-me-accessing-google.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello. I'm running Win 8.1 Embedded on an Asus laptop. I want to "disable driver signature enforcement," so that I can use a device that doesn't have a signed signature. I've tried the various methods to get to the setting where I click restart and reboot into the settings prompt, but after I click restart, the PC just boots normally and I never get to the screen with all the startup options.
I've been browsing for a while and have found a few others with this same issue but no resolution. Here's one for example:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...rum=WEIndustry

Could anyone shed some light on the issue? Thank you in advance for your time.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73475-trouble-accessing-advanced-windows-startup-settings.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'd like to get some input from Windows 7 users regarding the User Account Control (UAC) feature, whether you use it or not (and why/why not if you choose to add) and opinions on it's usefulness, effectiveness, etc. and of course, whether you find it just plain annoying.

Thanks,
Thug.

A:Windows 7 users UAC settings

While I always suggest that users leave UAC settings alone, I don't follow my own advice. I set UAC to off on my systems. Needless to say I take every other precaution to insure that the system is well protected and safe. New users should certainly leave it at default, and more experienced users are safe setting it to a lower setting - but still on. An easy way to manage uac is with a simple third party app name tweakuac: http://www.tweak-uac.com/home/ .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382236/windows-7-users-uac-settings/
Relevancy 59.34%

What should I backup from documents and settings in Windows XP if I only want to backup the Windows XP settings changes that I made to it?

I do not need to backup the settings changes that I made to my programs. Just changes to the OS settings.

Sevenforums only links to vistax64.com and doesn't have a xpforums.com... so I'm posting it here.

A:What should I backup from documents and settings in Windows XP?

Those settings are stored in hidden AppData files, however I would not reimport them as they are a corruption path. Better to start afresh with new settings for your OS and programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/128182-what-should-i-backup-documents-settings-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I downloaded seven on the same hdd that my xp was loaded onto and it created the 'windows.old' folder. i wanted to delete this folder because it had nothing i wanted to keep, however, when i tried to do so, the 'documents and settings' folder would not delete.

when i try to delete it, i get this message: 'this is no longer located in C:\Users\kyle\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again.'

any ideas on what to do so that i can delete this folder would be greatly appreciated.

A:documents and settings folder of windows.old

Try and log off then log on again to see if it's still there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8961-documents-settings-folder-windows-old.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We have a Windows Server computer with many many individual user accounts. Is there a way to make changes to core settings (such as printer choice) for all users, or do I need to log in to each account individually?

Edit: Sorry, I put the [Windows 10] tag on the post, reflexively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-settings-changes-for-all-users-windows-10.1166252/
Relevancy 58.48%

during startup i get a pop-up displaying message Windows cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\user\give.exe.

in addition when sutting down, it says end program-sylePromotion.exe,
which then shows the program is not responding.I have to choose End Now
for pc to continue shutdown.

The pc is not connecting to the internet and is becoming very slow. Am i virus infected? have scanned with AVG 9.0 but nothing is found.

can anyone please help?

thanx

DB

A:Windows cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\user\giv.exe

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

Download the tools needed to a flash drive or other removable media, and transfer them to the infected computer, if you don't have access to internet.

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-cannot-find-c-documents-and-settings-user-giv-exe-452348.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Yeah,.. I know that this is an old question that's been around since XP was a new-born. I need to to move "Documents and Settings" from drive C to D because I have about 80 gig spare space on D drive. I've been trawling the various forums and help sites for a few days now and it just seems to be in the "too hard" basket with a plethora of conflicting ways to achieve success. It appears that if Docs and Settings wasn't put on D drive during the initial clean install, then it is a real pain to move it later.
I'd like a straight answer from my trusted friends on TSF as to whether it is possible or not,.. if it involves jumping through lotsa hoops and delving deeply & dangerously into the registry, then I'm not interested. But if there is indeed an easy fix, then let's hear about it.

Thanks guys & gals

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-move-documents-and-settings-from-drive-c-to-d-windows-xp-pro-450167.html
Relevancy 58.48%

A while ago i was having severe problems with windows xp, so I did a repair installation(i think). Whatever it was, it essentially deleted the winxp system files and reinstalled it. I created my user account using the same name as last time, but ran into a problem: because windows detected a folder with that username on it already, it created a new one with the format of username.computername. This is created numerous problems, including but not limited to me not being able to upload things via ftp from my my documents folder because the directory path gives the ftp programs a heart attack. Does anyone know how i could change what directory windows looks at for my files?

A:Windows xp account documents and settings folder

To change the path to my documents:

just right click on the my documents folder, the path is listed as an option..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-account-documents-and-settings-folder.185846/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello again guys, I cant open shortcuts from desktop without getting this message: Windows cannot find 'c:\documents and settings. I had to put links into bookmarks to avoid this error or message. The pages will open but just wondering if something is set wrong or do I have some kind of other problem. Plus I get Script errors sometimes. Any ideas? Thank You, Joe

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello A few months ago I downloaded a software whose name passworded folder Problem with I forgot in order to set up a password for a folder on the D partition of my pc I'm not sure Problem with passworded folder what I did with the software I remember playing around and setting a password for the folder but the only change was that the folder subfolders and files within the main folder were now written with green font instead of black Nothing was prompting me for a password when I opened the folder or files within it I soon deleted the software and the font remained green but the files were working and I could access the folder without a password Today I formatted Problem with passworded folder C and reinstalled Windows XP and then tried to access the files in the main folder and its subfolders but none of these files works anymore I receive errors saying quot Access denied quot for Notepad files or quot Unable to open item for playback Access denied quot D My Files Richie Valens - La Bamba mp quot quot for mp files or quot File is Problem with passworded folder locked quot and so on My question is what should I do to make these files work again Thanks in advance

A:Problem with passworded folder

Welcome to TSF!

The green color means the files are encrypted. This is done using a private key and certificate that windows would have created for you. If you didn't export your key/certificate and save it before you formatted and re-installed, there is no way to recover your files.

If you saved the Certificate, you need to import it using the Certificate Manager (Start | Run, type certmgr.msc, press Enter). Click on Help | Help Topics, expand Certificates | How To... | Import and Export Certificates and read the section on Importing certificates.

Otherwise, you would have to restore the previous system, say from an image created before you formatted, then you would be able to un-encrypt the files.

Even if there was a way to get around the encryption, the forum rules won't allow us to help as there is no way to determine the real situation:
ASSISTANCE WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

We will not provide any user with information about the location of websites that assist with the following activities

? software pirating
? hacking
? password cracking
? keystroke recording software
We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

Jerry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-passworded-folder-362026.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello A few passworded folder with Problem months ago I downloaded a software whose name I forgot in order to set up a password for a folder on the D partition of my pc I m not sure what I did with the software I remember playing around and Problem with passworded folder setting a password for the folder but the only change was that the folder subfolders and files within the main folder were now written with green font instead of black Nothing was prompting me for a password when I opened the folder or files within it I soon deleted the software and the font remained green but the files were working and I could access the folder without a password Today I formatted C and reinstalled Windows XP and then tried to access the files in the main folder and its subfolders but none of these files works anymore I receive errors saying quot Access denied quot for Notepad files or quot Unable to open item for playback Access denied quot D My Files Richie Valens - La Bamba mp quot quot for mp files or quot File is locked quot and so on My question is what should I do to make these files work again Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem with passworded folder

The green text indicates that the files were encrypted by Windows Encrypted File System. Unfortunately, if you didn't back up the key before formatting and reinstalling Windows, you won't be able to access the files. There's no way around it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-passworded-folder.814527/
Relevancy 58.05%

anytime i try to access documents and settings, am told access is denied.i want to paste a file at startup but because of this i cant.Also am trying to let my pc welcome me after booting but i cant pls assist memessage edited by EddyEmrysAsante

A:Access Denied for Windows 8.1 Documents & Settings folder

That is the correct condition - you are not supposed to be able to access that area. If you have tried to force the issue undo whatever you have done before you hit trouble, using System Restore if necessary.This is the path you want to get you to the Startup folder:"C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"You need to say what this welcome idea is about - a screen message, audio or what? You can put a shortcut in Startup to whatever you wish.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/access-denied-for-windows-81-documents-settings-folder-/2011.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Here is the situation : I work in two schools with different domains. I had to setup 2 windows 10 in dual boot on my computer. So depending on what school I am working at the moment I start windows 10 (I) or windows 10 (II).
Relocating desktop folder, documents, music, video's, pictures is no problem.
But is there a possibility to share also the rest of the documents and setting. It's like using roaming profiles on your own computer? It would be easy to have the same settings in both windows 10 machines.

Many thx for the help

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39097-dual-boot-windows-10-shared-documents-settings.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys I tried to switch on my laptop yesterday and windows wouldnt start up I was presented with two options Settings Windows, Hard Issue Disk and Documents and - Start a diagnostic to attempt to repair the problem or resume and Windows, Hard Disk and Documents and Settings Issue open windows anyway Trying to resume did nothing suggesting that there was indeed a problem I performed the diagnostic to try and see what was wrong with windows but it couldnt find a problem I did not have any restore points on the computer as it was relatively new just over months I was also under the impression restore points were created after new data was installed but perhaps i was wrong in that assumption I looked in the VAIO recovery area which was an advanced option given to me once the diagnostic had failed to turn up anything and performed a hardware diagnostic Again nothing Finally i attempted to rescue my files by loading my computers C drive onto an external hard disk I have tried this three times and each time it stops about or just over half way through with no explanation for why it has stopped When looking at the custom recovery i looked for the Documents and Settings folder as this was the main thing i wanted to be recovered However when i found the folder it said it was empty So here is my problem - Windows will not open - I cannot rescue recover data as something is interrupting the transferring of files onto an external hard drive - My Documents and Settings folder appears to be empty My computer uses Norton internet security and as far as i knew was fully updated Has a virus caused this do you think If you guys could give me some suggestions on what to do especially in trying to recover data from my Documents and Settings folder if it can be recovered i would really appreciate it thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Whenever i Start my computer!!!!!!I get this message-Windows cannot find
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\feivjo.exe......What should i do to prevent this message.

A:Windows cannot findC:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\feivjo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-findc-documents-and-settings-administrator-feivjo-exe.878291/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I m having problems reinstalling xp home It stops the installation process on the GUI part time zone configuration page It started with several vertical lines on the screen wich I assumed was a video card - 0x0000007e reintallation XP error thing After reinstallation of drivers and trying updated ones I got some results but the system got incredibly unstable showing the blue screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL XP reintallation error - 0x0000007e Nothing seemed to work so I went for a clean install of XP This apparentely solved the issues but once I started reinstalling the windows updates it went unstable again shutin down on its own every time and blue screen with either IRQL or PFN LIST Got a new video card for testing and went for another clean install but it keeps stopping in the middle of the process as said above and the blue screen now shows the message x e Its the exact same thing with the video cards in Any ideas I d really appreciate any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-reintallation-error-0x0000007e.719595/
Relevancy 57.62%

C:/Documents and Settings/Uses(My Username)/Local Settings/Temp/browserview-1d31630.htm

This file, and all the files with the name 'browserview-xxxxxx(number).htm are needed, mine got corrupted and I accidentally deleted them.

Can someone post these files?

A:C:/Documents and Settings/Uses(My Username)/Local Settings/Temp/browserview-1d31630.h

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-documents-and-settings-uses-my-username-local-settings-temp-browserview-1d31630-h.617172/
Relevancy 57.62%

i cant get rid of the files in C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5....NOTHING ive tried has worked....any information on how i can get rid of them would be GREAT!!

A:C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.

Hi Welcome to TSG!!

If you log on as administrator you should be able to delete everything in the C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 folder.

If you sign in as "owner" you should be able to remove everything except index.dat if you close all of your browser windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-documents-and-settings-owner-local-settings-temp-temporary-internet-files-content.567350/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I recently repaired an XP Professional installation and now i no longer have the option to login but and windows settings start up at folder documents has no user login has to the old profile just a default profile with admin rights The profile still has its documents and settings folder with everything intact and all programs from the original profile seem to be in program files The user also does not appear in local users and groups I have even been able to move over the application data and open a program which remained authorized and had access to previous presets I also made a new profile and in the registry changed the profile image path to that of the old profiles folder I m not sure why it just seemed important to see the old desktop again which i do but all the paths for the programs or at least most of them are set to quot I quot changing the path to quot C quot worked on some programs anyway i user has no login at windows start up but has documents and settings folder digress what am i missing here am I able to regain the previous access nbsp

A:user has no login at windows start up but has documents and settings folder

If anyone could just point me in the right direction, i'll take it from there but i just dont know where to go from here.
is it a registry problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-has-no-login-at-windows-start-up-but-has-documents-and-settings-folder.1135598/
Relevancy 57.19%

This has been bugging me for a while it pops up whenever I start the computer. I don't know to much about how to do things so please have some patients with me. If you can help me than I might just love you forever.

A:Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\ Network Service\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ hrcopul.dll

Have you run any scans for infections? I Googled hrcopul.dll, and everything that I found points to a infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201901/error-loading-cdocuments-and-settings-network-service-local-settings-application-data-hrcopuldll/
Relevancy 57.19%

So i had some problems with my pc so i had my windows re-installed , but it probably didn't get formatted properly .

Some of my previous programs were there in C:\Program Files .Some worked , some didn't . I deleted the programs which didn't work , manually by pressing Shift+Del. So , today I found out that in my documents and settings folder i have a normal allusers and default user folder and Allusers.WINDOWS and Defaultuser.WINDOWS folders .

So now i want to delete these but i cannot because it shows that it is a folder required by system to run .

Help would be appreciated , thanks

A:Allusers.WINDOWS and Defaultuser.WINDOWS in documents and settings

Right...it is a system folder...and even if you delete it, it will reappear on reboot.

But you can delete the contents of such folders.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454493/alluserswindows-and-defaultuserwindows-in-documents-and-settings/
Relevancy 56.76%

PC world did a data transfer from my old computer - Windows Xp - to a new computerusing Windows 7. Documents on Works 8 were included in this transfer. I have downloaded works 8 onto the new computer, but cannot access these documents. Any ideas.

A:Accessing documents.

Your old XP files will be in a folder on the C: drive called Windows.old. under Documents and Settings/[username]/My Documents. You can copy them from that file and store them in your Documents folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-documents-604672.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When I started up it says Win.ini corrupt. Then it starts
up as a new user losing track of Favorites and Start Menu
and Desktop Icons, Display and Folder attributes. Under
Documents and Settings it has added Dave.U5R2D5 in
addition to Dave which still has all the information. I tried
switching the 2 Filenames to get back to what it used to be but
gave an error message and didn't do it and started another new file.
Is there some way to use the old Dave file?

A:Lost settings, New user made in Documents and Settings

Hiya asd123321.

It sounds like you`ve re-installed the system from CD over the top of an existing system, giving you a fresh `Dave`. Have you recently run a repair or indeed, done a clean install ?

As a work-around, can you take the documents & favourites from the old `Dave` and put them in the new `Dave` so at least you`re back up and running again.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-settings-new-user-made-in-documents-and-settings.920132/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi sorry to be one of those guys whos first post is one asking for help but here I am so I appreciate any and all help and hope one day I can reciprocate the favor I also havent seen this problem described anywhere else online and thought people may find it fascinating as well When logging into the Primary user with admin privaledges account the desktop no longer has files and icons it used to have and the start menu no longer shows the User XP redirected set empty and documents account of to login settings folders Windows list of dfault or frequently opened programs some programs but not all are also Windows XP User account login redirected to empty set of documents and settings folders missing from the start menu programs section If I open my documents from the start menu it takes me to an empty folder not even my music or my pictures default folders inside I also have restricted permissions and cannot change any of the folder view options such as show hidden files Windows XP User account login redirected to empty set of documents and settings folders and folders When examing the Documents and settings folder I found a new folder called quot TEMP quot inside are the standard user account folders application data local settings documents desktop etc these folders now contained whatever I put in the my documents folder or on the desktop The actual user name being logged into still has its folder located in the documents and settings folder and still has its files and folders intact It seems that the login however now has these new TEMP folders associated with it and a scan of Malware bytes has revealed nothing more then an ask com adware toolbar but I believe the virus may have been removed prior to me having the computer in my possesion So is there a way to undo this login redirect or should I just create a new user account and move the files into it Edit more info in the event log is this is event source userenv Event ID Type Error Description Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Access is denied Steps I have taken so far ran CHKDSK to automaticaly fix filesystem errors only minor inconsistencies were found like unused index entries Had to set static network ip information to connect to the internet certain windows folders like windows registration had no permissions for administrators or system Edit looks like I have found a solution and its possible that this profile issue was simply a coincidence but this KB article has fixed the issue by changing the profile registry key maybe someone else will find it usefull http support microsoft com kb

A:Windows XP User account login redirected to empty set of documents and settings folders

Welcome aboard Let's see, if we can recover your missing features.Download and run UnHideThen....Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408043/windows-xp-user-account-login-redirected-to-empty-set-of-documents-and-settings-folders/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi:

My friends computer appears to have gotten a mean virus or spyware. Windows will not successfully start. I removed the drive and set it up as an external drive and scanned it with SuperAntiSpyWare, AVG and MalWarebytes Antimalware. All found some trojans and viruses, apparently removing them all. However, I still cannot access his profile or the administrator profile--all report access denied.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

A:Windows continually restarts/Documents & Settings user profile access denied

Hi:

I also tried booting up with an Ubuntu boot cd and I still couldn't access either the administrator or the user profile. Any ideas?

Tom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296152/windows-continually-restartsdocuments-settings-user-profile-access-denied/
Relevancy 56.33%

I love this site you volunteers are most helpful and knowledgeable PC HPOS Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack PROBLEM Whenever I navigate to quot Windows Internet Connection Error in and message Explorer: Settings\My Profile" "Documents C Documents and Settings My Profile quot where quot My Profile quot is my user folder in Windows Explorer I receive the following error message Internet Connection ErrorYour request cannot be completed because the Internet Connection Error message in Windows Explorer: "Documents and Settings\My Profile" service couldnot be found or did not respond The service might beexperiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjustyour network settings Try Again Cancel note There is an extra space before the first quot service quot and I don t recall seeing a similar typo in other Windows error messages I must press quot Cancel quot three times successively as three identical error messages pop up This happens every time this folder is navigated to It does not happen with any of the other profile folders in quot Documents and Settings quot This problem cropped up after I ran the disk cleanup tool and uninstalled unwanted programs and windows components Chief on my list of suspects are the uninstall of quot Outlook quot and quot HP Customer Participation quot I m not certain of the exact program name but the description said it was for HP owners to be included in market research and be informed of special offers I also uninstalled quot Windows Live Messenger quot quot Sonic RecordNow DVD quot and there may have been a few others but the only ones I distinctly recall were programs my mom installed and were not vital or used by other programs The windows components I removed were quot Internet Games quot in the quot Games quot branch of quot Accessories and Utilities quot a couple screen savers and quot Windows Dancer quot and quot Windows Party Mode quot under the quot Windows Digital Media enhancements quot branch quot Windows Messenger quot Intriguingly when I just opened the Windows Components Wizard to see what I had changed the quot Networking Services quot box is shaded and I m almost certain it was not shaded when I used the Wizard earlier and I did not make any changes to that branch I also have no idea what was checked before but currently quot Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client quot is the only checked box After running the disk clean-up I defragged this drive and created a system restore point I am now thinking it has something to do with the change to quot Networking Services quot Again this only happens in my user folder and only on that screen If I were to click on quot Application Data quot nothing would happen but if I were to navigate backwards to that screen the error would pop up times in a row again Thank you in advance for your assessment

A:Internet Connection Error message in Windows Explorer: "Documents and Settings\My Profile"

Hi .Have you tried running chkdsk from My Computer/Explorer?XP Chkdsk, Using the Graphical Version (My Computer) - http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html Scroll down to directions for using the Graphical interface.You might also take a look at Event Viewer and see if there are any clues, How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218757/internet-connection-error-message-in-windows-explorer-documents-and-settingsmy-profile/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi My hdd recently failed and now i cant use it to boot from the pc just crashes and reboots After much investigation the problem was fold I had a faulty IDE cable and the hdd was faulty or at least the boot sector I replaced the hdd re installled xp and all was well There are some files i on accessing folder hdd my documents want to retrieve from the hdd they are in my documents folder i had my user profile password protected I have tried several times to accessing my documents folder on hdd boot from the drive but to no avail it does however open as a usb drive via a usb ide enclosure but when i try to access my folder it gives the messsage quot folder not accessible access denied The other users folders all open ok but mine was the only one pw protected I have tried changing the bios to boot from usb but still it crashes accessing my documents folder on hdd So my question is there any way i can access the pw protected folder I know the pw but its not asking just access denied message I know i should have copies i thought i had advice appreciated Gary nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

My girlfriend logs on with her user name Mary at the and and query Documents' 'My 'Documents Settings' XP Pro welcome screen Hers is the only user name shown In Control Panel Windows Accounts she is listed as the only user In Windows Explorer C Documents and Settings there are four folders All Users Config msi empty Default User Ex-husband s name it used to be his computer so somehow he is still around All the user data of my girlfriend is actually saved in folder four Also a At the top of the Windows Explorer tree the My Documents folder points to Ex-husband s My Documents folder b Later in the tree there is another folder called Mary s Documents which also points to Ex-husband s My Documents folder and contains the same files So my questions are 'Documents and Settings' and 'My Documents' query Can I 'Documents and Settings' and 'My Documents' query safely change folder four to my girlfriend s name Should can this be done in Windows Explorer or somewhere else Can should I delete the folder called Mary s Documents which simply reproduces the files in Ex-husband s My Documents Can I safely delete the folders All Users and Default User which do not contain my girlfriend s user data Can I safely delete the empty Config msi folder I would like to keep the My Documents folder which shows at the top of the folder tree as it is convenient for my girlfriend to find 'Documents and Settings' and 'My Documents' query I hope this makes sense Any suggestions much appreciated Swish nbsp

A:'Documents and Settings' and 'My Documents' query

1) I wouldn't, but it can probably be done...it's hard to redirect those stupid Windows links. You could create your own shortcut to "Mary's Documents", copy the contents of the ex-husband's folder to the Mary's documents, then you should be able to delete it.

2) For safety's sake I wouldn't, but you could give it a shot... (or do what I said above)

3)No, they are default folders that WIndows uses for some mysterious purposes.

4)Definitely not!

5)Go to theeldergeek.com to find a registry hack which will let you delete the My Documents folders. Then add the new shortcut above.

Remember, if you delete something you shouldn't have, you can restore it from the recycling bin!:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/documents-and-settings-and-my-documents-query.15523/
Relevancy 55.9%

I logged into Windows and found that all of my user settings had been changed back to default. All the files that were in My Documents had been moved to Documents and Settings in C. I moved them back to My Documents and changed my settings back to the way I had them before. While surfing the internet a few minutes later, the system became unresponsive. I restarted the computer and logged in, but now I find that My Documents has completely disappeared. I can't even find my files in Documents and Settings. I had about 35 GB of music, so I hope I didn't just lose it all. Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-documents-is-gone-documents-and-settings-empty-501557.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My brother's passworded computer has some of my music and videos and such things on it but me and his have a really bad relationship where we rarely talk...and when we do it's always arguments...I just want to know if there is something I can do to get past windows without clearing his password (my friend told me about password resetters but that would cause problems if he knew I got on his pc) so I just need something that will just tell me what the password is or just bypass it but keep his password...he is using xp home edition if it matters...

A:Bypassing Passworded Windows

We won't tell you here how to break into someone's PC, but if you need to, take his harddisk out, note its Master/slave settings, put it in yours as a Slave, and get your data off it.
Then put it back in your bro's PC with the jumpers set the way it was.
Alternatively, make up with him, and ask friendly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bypassing-passworded-windows.28424/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 2 accounts and when on account A, I can view account B's documents.

With XP you could make files private so this would not happen.

How do I do this with windows 7 pro?

A:accessing users folders

Select the account B's document folder, right-click, share with, select nobody.

Best regards,

zx81

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36769-accessing-users-folders.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a drive that had Vista Home Premium on it amp NTFS as the file Folder for and Security Documents Settings Settings system The drive went bad with over K bad sectors Preformed a hard drive recovery After several days I managed to remap all the bad Security Settings for Documents and Settings Folder sectors so that I could read the drive when booting from a XP boot CD or a UBCD cd Now When I view the drives directory structure I can browse most of what is listed except for the Documents amp Settings folder When I try that one I get the message quot Access Denied quot I tried getting into the properties to see if I can change the properties but the Security tab did not show up I am a lot more familiar with XP than Vista Is there an added security feature Vista has on the Documents amp Setting folder that only Vista can open it I tried using a Vista Recovery disk but it was not able to see the partition Also I am not sure if there are any tools on the disk to recover files from a drive that no longer boots windows Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Peter

A:Security Settings for Documents and Settings Folder

"Access Denied" is a proper and routine message encountered...when moving a hard drive from one system to another. Only impacts the Docs & Settings files/folders, all other files can be easily accessed.So can the Docs & Settings folders, by taking ownership of the files/folders.Taking Ownership in VistaLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361339/security-settings-for-documents-and-settings-folder/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I was downloading something and when I thought it was finished downloading and this screen pops up.

"C:\Documents & Settings\Sherry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GRG7AN8J\arizup2(1).pdf"
"This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.
<OK> box

I see that this is a .pdf file and i'm not sure how to open these. Can someone give me some really really easy details on how to fix or open [download] this problem.

Thanks

A:C:\Documents & Settings\Dave\Local Settings....help!

Install adobe acrobat reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-documents-settings-dave-local-settings-help.224123/
Relevancy 55.47%

I m having a major problem with my laptop and I do not have the experience to sort it out so i m in need of some help The other day my computer crashed randomly and restarted I did not know Solved: Documents Accessing Crash why but after a few crashes I managed to work out that it was triggered whenever I tried to do anything that accesses my documents I can still use my mozilla firefox windows live messenger skype and no doubt most of my other programs if I tried them I noticed that when the laptop crashed there was a quick flash of a BOIS screen for about half a second before it restarts So i ve managed to get a few photographs of the BOIS screen shown below however the top line is tough to read because my laptop has a cracked screen Any help is appreciated and let me know if you need any more info Regards Daniel ADDED Starting in safe mode gives me complete access to documents but nothing can really be done from there Direct links for images http i photobucket com albums oo killercan P jpg http i photobucket com albums oo killercan P jpg nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to recover some information from a hard drive that wouldn't boot properly by setting it to slave and accessing via a healthy drive running windows XP, the data seems to be intact but I do not know (if its possible) how to access the personal documents which I had in my personal account in the older drive. Is there anyway to access the personal documents without having to be in that account (something that has become and impossibility at the moment)

Thank you

A:Accessing Personal Documents from another account

See if this article from Microsoft helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-personal-documents-from-another-account.354681/
Relevancy 55.47%

i am when system accessing freeze documents running win ultimate recently i system freeze when accessing documents chose to backup some docs that i needed to keep onto a flash drive then i went about reorganizing them into separate folders for topic types etc and the window i was working with stopped responding i couldn t ctrl alt del for task manager or open start menu to log off and on got message that couldn t start the security tasks screen by pressing ctrl alt del as well i shut down by unplugging the computer and rebooted then i copied all the files from the flash to desktop to work on it there thinking it was due to the flash system freeze when accessing documents drive the same thing happened when i tried to access it again i rebooted by unplugging again and deleted the folder on the desktop then the same thing happened when i tried to open my documents and so i have given up on that and come here if you need any further info e g hijack logs or anything else please let me know thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I keep a folder private by using an Explorer Passworded and Windows Folders application called Direct Lock that puts a password it and the problem started when I unlocked it Though I was able to open the said folder and see my files Windows Explorer would start freezing everytime I clicked on one any for that matter with the cursor showing the hourglass and just Windows Explorer and Passworded Folders sticking there So I uninstalled the password program but still have the same problem Win Explorer just freezes up on those files I have to use Task Manager then to close it down and continue The other programs aren t affected I still get to do other stuff I tried booting to safe mode and was successful there opening them What gives Here s my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe C Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe C Program Files Memturbo MemTurbo exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Azureus Azureus exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe D My Documents Applications from Web hijackthis June HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-and-passworded-folders.630785/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a hplaptop with windows 10, i created one administrator account, but I keep finding files that show several users. I think that I may be hacked by a remote user? I am looking for advice in resolving this..thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/remote-users-accessing-laptop/td-p/5844371
Relevancy 55.47%

Does anyone have any idea how to block users from accessing certain folders (IE: Program Files). I can block access but then the program(s) won't run. I just don't want users snooping around the computer. So I would like to block them from viewing folders in windows explorer and even internet explorer. Maybe even password protect the folders. Any ideas?

A:Block users from accessing folders

right click on the folder under sharing tab check make this folder private. Then windows will ask you if you want to put a pw protection too, click on yes and proceed.

regards.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/block-users-from-accessing-folders-65820.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have two administrator accounts setup, but they can access each other's documents (C:\Users\Example). I tried removing all but the owner in the security tab, but administrators can take ownership this way somehow, anyone know what I can do (besides making them non-administrator accounts)

A:Stopping admin accounts accessing another's documents

Correct me if I am wrong (which I likely am) but wouldn't creating a password for those two admin accounts prevent them from accessing each other without the other ones password?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/13692-stopping-admin-accounts-accessing-anothers-documents.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I posted here Visit My Other Post and was told to post in this forum PROBLEM When accessing My Documents or My Pictures from the Start menu in XP Professional I get a dialog box with the error The file does not have a program associated with Error Menu My accessing from Start Documents it for performing this action Create an association in the folder options control panel These folders don't have a properties option available from the context menu to make any sort of changes I can change the options for the Start menu to Expand My Documents My Pictures and I then have access to the files from the Start menu I can access My Documents from my desktop The only time I have a problem is when I access My Documents My Pictures from Start Documents My Documents or My Pictures I used to have a utility named Folder Guide Folder Guide is a free handy utility that provides fast access to your frequently used and favorite folders It can operate Error accessing My Documents from Start Menu as the part of your context menu in your Windows Explorer installed but it broke at some point and ever since I have been unable to install it again I believe that it may have something to do with my problem ACTIONS TAKEN I Error accessing My Documents from Start Menu had AVG's Free Anti-Virus installed and it found no infections I then installed Alwil's Avast and it found nothing I also ran Trend Micro's Housecall and it also found nothing I have run Spybot S amp D and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware None of these tools have found anything either I ran HijackThis and the log doesn't appear to show anything unusual I am no expert in reading the log It is listed below for reference Any assistance is greatly appreciated JohnLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files Free Desktop Clock DesktopClock exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Xmarks IE Extension xmarkssync exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files ClipTrak ClipTrak exeC Program Files Faxblaster pdmon exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr System panels blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http r office microsoft com r rlidOfficeUpdate clid R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolba... Read more

A:Error accessing My Documents from Start Menu

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312738/error-accessing-my-documents-from-start-menu/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok, I just got a new external hard drive enclosure and a new hard drive to go inside it. I just removed the hard drive to put in a formerly working hard drive that used to be a master hard drive inside my system. I want to access the My Documents folder in the former hard drive and put them on my current hard drive so I can wipe the former hard drive and use it in my system. Does anyone know how I can access this My Documents folder? Every time I go to {Hard drive letter}/Documents and Settings/{User Name}/, it says that access is denied . How do I get around this message. (I already tried going to Properties and remove the "Read Only" check mark. Didn't work.) Could someone please help?

A:Accessing My Documents on External Hard Drive

log in as admin and not as your regular name, most likely the system thinks your a diff. user, see if u can change the filer permissions on the folders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-my-documents-on-external-hard-drive.542388/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok, here is my dilema... computer has died and need the files within My documents.

Have taken the Hard drive out of an XP machine and made it a slave in another XP machine..

Have copied all the other files from the drive, but when I try to access the My Documents folder it tells me 'Access is Denied'

How do I get around this, does anyone have any ideas please..

A:Accessing My Documents folder after moving drive

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

follow instructions in the above link

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-my-documents-folder-after-moving-drive.750804/
Relevancy 55.04%

When trying to access the My Documents or My Pictures folders from the Start Menu (Start\Documents\My Documents) I receive the following error: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.I know that these are unique folders in that they don't have a properties option from the context menu. I believe this began after a utility called Folder Guide (http://www.freeware365.com/images/website/folderguide.gif) became corrupt, although I cannot be certain. I have been unable to figure out what is wrong, but I am fairly confident the problem is in the registry.Any help would be greatly appreciated.John

A:Error accessing My Documents from Start Menu

Usage antivirus and scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312120/error-accessing-my-documents-from-start-menu/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Computer Bleepers I recently fixed a problem on my computer involving an infection by a rogue software called quot Windows Vista Restore quot Version June and eight infections including Rootkit TDSS After restoring the visibility on my hard and documents files accessing when "Access Denied" drive my files were visible but still in quot hidden quot format "Access Denied" when accessing documents and files Now that I ve unhidden them I get an quot Access Denied quot message whenever I click on them but I can still access MS Word documents directly through Word images directly through Paint etc The following is a list of procedures I went through You may skip this section and go directly to helping resolve the problem if you wish When I was browing the Internet one of my windows suddenly displayed a rogue error message saying that my computer had suffered a quot Hard Drive Failure quot I left my Internet on for minutes not realizing there was a problem before I came back and shut off the computer Next I went to a different computer in hopes of finding a solution The infection itself tried to lead me to the website by windows-vista-restore com and the company claimed to be SecurePay INC However no other websites were accessible Getting back to the infected computer the screen was black and half my files were hidden away and the computer tried to restart itself Error messages and the typical quot infections quot kept popping up I tried to restart my computer myself and switch to safe mode which was unsuccessful because of an existing screen display setting So I bypassed the recommended Safe Mode and worked on the problem in regular mode First I unplugged my Internet and went to the Registry Editor as indicated on multiple websites a risky procedure and deleted items including Advanced quot Hidden quot which resurfaced and Advanced quot ShowSuperHidden which remained deleted After restarting my computer again I turned on Windows Task Manager which was unaffected by the malware I shut off a few running programs including one with the name quot SwPGvtLdJxoV quot which later turned out to have an associated symbol identical to one used by the rogue software After discovering this I deleted this file from the RegEdit which temporarily solved some problems It turns out that online instructions asked to delete Run quot Windows Vista Restore exe quot but in the same location the random-character file was found There is not much info available but it looks like the new version of the program used a new name to hide its identity I ran MalwareBytes on my computer which took minutes for a quick scan and discovered Rootkit TDSS I quarantined that infection then restarted my computer Upon doing this however I ran another scan and this one took two hours It discovered seven infected items which I again quarantined and later deleted Afterwards I ran the in-built Vista System Restore feature which had a name similar to the rogue software After backing up the system to a previous date my files appeared to all be deleted yet they were accessible from the program itself ie Word The System Restore stated that my documents were unaffected Browsing through my files again I discovered a folder that had a strange alphanumeric name and contained the file quot spclite quot This was created during a previous infection by a rogue software named quot Vista Total Security quot which I had removed the month before After searching through the Internet I deleted this folder After changing a few configurations all my files were now visible but in a faded-color quot hidden quot form I could open them easily but they were hidden Several more scans using MalwareBytes revealed no problems I used a cmd script attrib -h quot C quot s d to unhide my files which worked in that they now all had a normal color However this is when the quot Access Denied quot error message kept showing up even though I was fully able to access my documents through Word No... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403871/access-denied-when-accessing-documents-and-files/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi -- We have the computers on our home network all from /scannow account? won't Home Windows passworded XP sfc run of them WinXP Windows XP Home sfc /scannow won't run from passworded account? Home SP set up to implement quot poor man s disaster recovery quot all of our machines are set up so that the default directory for data files for applications critical to work and school eg Word Excel Powerpoint docs is each user s home directory on a single machine -- and that machine runs scheduled tasks at am and am respectively to copy any changes in those directories to a backup copy on each of other machines Short of a disaster that destroys all of the machines simultaneously that gives us reasonable and inexpensive recovery from inevitable disk crashes The scheduled tasks that do the copying run as one of the users on the main machine a user account present on the backup machines as well WinXP Home seems to require that that user account have a nonblank password on the main machine in order to run scheduled tasks I notice that I am unable to run sfc scannow as that user even though that user is an administrator I get the message You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the Windo ws File Checker utility I am able to run sfc scannow as another user that is an administrator but does not have a nonblank password Any idea why this is so What s going on here TIA -- Phil

A:Windows XP Home sfc /scannow won't run from passworded account?

Hi -
Just a quick observation , do you insert the XP CD when you try to run the System File Checker as you do not mention this -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369761/windows-xp-home-sfc-scannow-wont-run-from-passworded-account/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have around 50 people in a domain at my work.. how do I stop anyone from accessing my bosses computer over the network?

He is running XP

A:Denying Certain domain users from accessing a computer?

The Windows XP firewall running with "No exceptions" should stop everyone. If by "anyone" you meant selected people accessing but others not there probably is no way. It's probably XP Pro, so file permissions could be used to restrict file read or write access to only those who know the permitted username(s)/password(s).

This response is from somebody who doesn't know domains, so there may be other methods.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/denying-certain-domain-users-from-accessing-a-computer.915357/
Relevancy 54.61%

Good day

I was always under the impression that people who guest account is unable to access the administrator desktop and hard drive etc.

Is there that i can make sure that this doesnt happen again.

I am using windows 8 64 bit

thanks

A:How to prevent guest users from accessing the administrato

By default anyone using the guest account would be unable to access the desktop or files of any other account. This is by design. The rights of the guest account are the lowest of the low.

If the situation seems otherwise you need to fully explain.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/68981-how-prevent-guest-users-accessing-administrato.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have 2 users on my computer. It works nice to keep all my junk seperated from everyone else but the problem is whoever was logged on 2nd cannot see any files in the DVD-RW drive (D) and with he regular DVD drive (E) I get the E;\ is not accessible message. To use these 2 drives I have to be logged on first or I have to log off the other user or I just have to access it as the other user.

Thanks in advance,
Dero

A:Problems accessing dives with multiple users

Hmm I guess this isnt a common problem.

Also... the title is supposed to say "drives" instead of "dives" Unfortunately i cant edit it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-accessing-dives-with-multiple-users-90052.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I wanted to block another user on my home network from accessing the internet. The user, uses a desktop which is linked via ethernet to the wireless router, and my laptop is connected wirelesly..

Is there a way i can do it?

Im using a belkin54g router..

Thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a setup in a restaurant I m connecting several screens with How wifi users from the segregate s on ethernet accessing to Ethernet cables and connecting them via vpn to a remote office HQ for controlling the contents of How to segregate wifi users from accessing ethernet on the s the screens the vpn connection is working and HQ admin can monitor and control the screens BUT In the same time the restaurant is offering wifi connection to his guests using the same network I want to prevent the wifi users to ping or see the Ethernet network The router I have is Linksys E which is connecting to internet service provider line and gives internet to wifi and Ethernet The next problem that I want to solve when there are many guests using the wifi the How to segregate wifi users from accessing ethernet on the s vpn connection became slow because the most bandwidth is utilized by wifi How to segregate wifi users from accessing ethernet on the s users how can I give a limited bandwidth to wifi users and save e g of the bandwidth dedicated to ethernet network which the vpn is using it The vpn HW is IPTL for the restaurant and IPTL for the remote office HQ Regards nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-segregate-wifi-users-from-accessing-ethernet-on-the-s.1165850/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there,

I am trying to access the current logged in users full name from XP for example, When the user logs in they type jbs10 and the users name is (John B Smith) on the XP login screen. I need to access this information so that I can store the users name in a database. I preferably need to access this information through scripting or VBA etc.

Thanks in advance.

Red.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi There,

I need to copy a file so that every user profile on my computer can see it, the file must be placed within the 'Documents' folder for each user.

To do this I tried placing the file within the C:\Users\Public\Public Documents folder, the file is 100% there but if i log on as a specific user and navigate to their specific documents folder the file is not present.

Im obviously not understanding the purpose of the Public folders or doing something a bit wrong

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I noticed on all the screen names on my computer I can get to everyones documents. Is there a way to block this so when I put something in My Docs only I can see it? Thanks Rick

A:My Documents with all users

simply protect ur files with some file or folder locking software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-documents-with-all-users-129332.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,

I've recently added a second hard drive which used to be my master on an old computer, and which is full of files I want to back up. Problem is that most of these files are in a My Documents folder from my windows profile on that old machine, which was password protected. I know what the password is, I just need some way of entering it, as at the moment when I try and open that folder it just says "access is denied". Please help!

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I recently reinstalled Windows XP home It eventually came up with two users Owner and Guest I picked quot owner quot and changed its name to my sister Solved: with Documents Settings Problem in "owner" and s name her computer let s call her quot Sara quot I then added a user account for myself But later she began to have problems finding her quot favorites quot and her desktop didn t always come up the same Looking into this I found under quot Documents Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings and Settings quot her user name and quot owner quot However at the startup page where you pick which user account to open there is no quot Owner quot account listed Before reinstalling Windows I m quite certain that there wasn t a listing for quot Owner quot I assume because it had been renamed I am tempted to delete Sara s account just to see if the owner account would show up but worried about unforseen results I had tried to delete the owner directory from the Documents and Settings folder but Windows would not let Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings me as it had quot System files quot in it that windows needed to work What I want is for the Owner account to be in her name and to delete her account that s in her name but not the owner account Or a way to force the owner account to show on the startup screen Also while trying to find a way to fix this one of the things I did was to try and create a user account called quot Owner quot Instead it created an acct called quot Owner quot which I deleted but later I found it in the registry at HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer DocFolderPaths Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings and I m wondering if is safe to delete Why there are two listings in Documents and Settings that seem to both be accessible by one user is just weird Any help would be appreciated chernozem nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings

Hi, and welcome to TSG

Its never a good idea to rename accounts because a lot of the time there will usually be conflicting between the two user names. Try deleting the account than putting it back and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-owner-in-documents-and-settings.501863/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok please bear with me for this I find it very "C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP" Problem- Strange hard to explain and any help would be VERY appreciated I started up my PC days ago I found settings changed everywhere My wallpaper and taskbar were default Desktop icons had mostly disappeared I was getting messages asking me whether I wanted to take the quot Windows XP Tour quot Basically my entire system had changed to how it would be if I had just installed it All my programs were still there and at first it seemed that all of quot My Documents quot had been erased leaving only empty My Pictures and My Music The Files from my iTunes had gone missing as well Strange Problem- "C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP" Later on exploring I found a new folder called TEMP in Documents and Settings which had no real files in it My Strange Problem- "C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP" original folder Nisha where all my stuff actually was was there too with all my files safe in Documents and Settings as well Anything saved to TEMP is erased on the next start up any changes made in settings of programs are also reverted Fearing a virus or something else on those lines I ran Malwarebytes QuickHeal and found nothing I tried deleting the folder but I got a message saying it is a Windows Systems folder and is required for Windows to run properly I managed to delete it once in Safe Mode but it came back named quot Nisha HOME-MAHIM quot And System Restore doesn't work if I try to use it I don't know how to remove this problem it is driving me nuts Please help before I lose my hair and sanity TIA

A:Strange Problem- "C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP"

Your User Profile became corrupted and Windows logged you in with a Default Temp Profile. Go to Start/Run and type control userpasswords and press enter. Create a New User account with admin rights. Log out of the Temp profile you are in and log in as the new user. Go to C:\Documents and Settings and open up your old user profile Nisha folder. Copy the Desktop, Favorites, My Documents, and Start Menu folders and Paste them into your new user profile name overwriting the empty folders.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-problem-c-documents-and-settings-temp-605942.html
Relevancy 53.75%

How do you move documents between users on the same computer using vista home premium ?

A:moving documents between users

Originally Posted by mram3333

How do you move documents between users on the same computer using vista home premium ?

Are you trying to give them access, or do you want to move them permanently?

K

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/249019-moving-documents-between-users.html