Windows Support Forum

Accessing bad HDD

Q: Accessing bad HDD

so i pulled my HDD out of my computer because windows was corrupt and i couldnt boot up. it would be really nice to be able to pull files off the HDD, but when i plug it into my laptop (via IDE to USB) it says that it is inaccessable because of an I/O Device Error. just wondering if i am screwed or if there is something i can do to get into the HDD.

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Accessing bad HDD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Accessing bad HDD

Just to make sure, is the cables in correctly... also with the usb cradles, you might need to have the master, slave, cable select in a particular spot (normally master or cable select)..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-bad-hdd.631574/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all I'm running on a relatively new install of On Accessing Accessing New HD Internet BSOD / Startup / Windows bit Ultimate I recently about - weeks ago installed BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet a new HD and decided to have a fresh start so everything was formatted followed by win install Everything has been running great up until mid day yesterday Out of what seems like nowhere I experienced or BSOD's yesterday and from what I could tell they occurred when I tried to do any of the following Access drive D and play a video BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet file This is the new HD it would instantly BSOD Access internet within minute of startup Since yesterday I haven't had any BSOD's and have had the computer running I haven't tried to play any videos off of HD and haven't reset my computer since hoping that whatever it was has gone away although I'm sure it hasn't For the record I have accessed some music files on drive D without any issue as well as several word and excel documents not sure if that makes any difference I have a feeling it may have something to do with my new HD that I installed but have no idea what it could be as it was running without issue up until yesterday for at least if not weeks My system specs are as follows OS Windows bit Ultimate Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group Model A G M Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX other info -all drivers should be up to date to the best of my knowledge - i've looked around and have seen a lot of recommendations to run memtest I have yet to do so I've enclosed a system health report and minidump file as outlined on forum requirements Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide that would be of help Thank you in advance

A:BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet

two issues

1-Related to BIOS64.sys I/O Interface driver file from BIOSTAR Group. YOURS from 2003

2-Related to Rt64win7.sys 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.20 64-bit Driver from Realtek Corporation

Re-install newest version available for both the above.

AVG can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214651-bsod-startup-accessing-new-hd-accessing-internet.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I need help accessing my IDE HDD connected via USB SATA/IDE hdd adapter (model usb-dsc9). This HDD was my primary on an old computer running Win7 and still has all the files. I am currently running Win8.1.

The HDD shows in My Computer as a removable disk, with an auto-assigned letter. When I try to open it, I am told to "please insert a disk". It is showing in device manager as USB mass storage device with no errors. It is also listed in disk management under my primary hdd. The hdd is powered by the adapter and I can hear it spinning.

Any help is appreciated,
Nick

Relevancy 29.67%

I recall that previous Windows always sat on top of our old friend
"DOS".
I know that some of the "F" buttons can get you to some of the DOS commands of old.
I would like to know how I can actually go to the DOS C:/ Prompt and work through it, use it's many commands etc.

I am most interested in CHKDSK. thanks, missfuffy

Relevancy 29.67%

Evening all Ive done something really stupid Bitlocker what a wonderful tool it is Until it goes wrong -S right this is the shirt version PC my Need accessing help of my story I've put bitlocker on my c which is also password protected No problems here as I know the password I have a D in my computer that houses my user profiles I thought it would be a good idea to put bitlocker encryption on my D to also make it secure I then reboot my machine and try to log back in I now get the log on Need help accessing my PC message quot The user profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded quot now I have some pretty intense stuff on that drive also including lots of work which I need I'm now feeling rather stupid because I put bitlocker on to make my pc secure I've now made it too secure that I can't get on to the machine what can I do people I need to be able to get in without having to format and start again

A:Need help accessing my PC

Neobahamut, if you have another computer you could try accessing your D: drive, and as you said you have the password, you should be able to access the data / remove bit locker encryption completely. Let me know if this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29662-need-help-accessing-my-pc.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I am a military service member trying to access my OWA e-mail and Defense Travel System (DTS) with a MacBook Pro. I am currently running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. I did not have any issues in accessing my OWA or DTS until December of last year. I understand there was a software update to Mac OS X Lion during this time and this could be the reason.

Whenever I try to login my OWA I get the following error:

Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)

Whenever I try to login to DTS I get the following error:

Login Error
There has been a problem with your login. 
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later or contact your DTS site administrator for assistance. 
Error is: --, dbsign code: 305

I appreciate if anybody can help me resolve this issue.

Thanks.

A:Accessing OWA and DTS on a MAC

Are certificates and ID card up to date? Which browser are you using? I think DTS works only with Safari on Mac. But you should probably contact support staff for both systems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-owa-and-dts-on-a-mac.1091457/
Relevancy 29.67%

My wife and I have some friends who have a PC which doesn't work anymore, and they gave it to me to try and help. They were using XP.

The overall system is done, but they wanted to get photos from the HD, which are many of family, and they don't want to lose them.

I connected the HD to my system, which runs Windows 7, and can see the folders in question, but can't drag them to my USB stick, or my HD or anything.

It says I don't have permission to view these photos...is there a password they need to give me? Or is this a Windows 7 security issue?

They're anxious to hear some news, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be speaking with them over this weekend, and hope to have their photos back.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

A:Accessing HD...?

hi mikey60 welcome to tsf,

you will need to take ownership of the folders or files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-hd-542274.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I have two windows 7 desktops connected on a LAN. I do not use the Homegroup sharing (have problem with IP6 on one of the machines) anyway I prefer the conventional standard workgroup share system. Now neither computers use IDs and passwords (left blank). But when I try and access a share on one machine from another, I get the id and password box, yet none are set. And I get stuck here and cannot access shared drives (and have locally set the drive to share with the hand symbol under the drive). How can I access the shares on the other machine. Both are on the same LAN and see each other. Never had this prob with XP although that had its own problematic ways of working at times. Mike

A:Win 7 accessing Win 7

Hi,

If your Router is secure, either by WEP or WPK then you could always disable passwords in the Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/148018-win-7-accessing-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 and have a friend who has given me a HD from their computer, which doesn't work.

I plugged it into my system, and can access the HD, but keep getting errors saying that I don't have the proper permission to view the JPG's I've been asked to retrieve.

I can't even just drag the files to a memory stick I have plugged into my USB.

What is the way around this? Do I have to find out their password, and enter it somewhere?

Any thoughts

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-hd.972479/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a Trendnet TV-IP110/W IP camera. I set up a free account with a dns company and can access my camera over the net, problem is when I connect it asks for login info and then shows the admin panel to the camera.

Is there a way to type the url and just see the video stream? I disabled direct video stream authentication but it's still giving me logon screen then admin panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-ip-cam-over-net.980520/
Relevancy 29.67%

My Lenovo Y710 has 4 gig of RAM installed, but Vista, of course, only used 3 gig. I thought when I upgraded to Win7 (32bit) that it would use all 4 gig, but system information says it's still only using 3 gig. Is there a setting I can change or perhaps a BIOS upgrade that will cause the machine to use all 4 gig of RAM.

Thanks in advance,
John P. Sparkman

A:Accessing 4 gig of RAM

32-bit OS(s) can only addressed roughly 3.5gb of ram. 64-bit can use all 4gb. However if you have a embedded video card, it will take some of that memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/62454-accessing-4-gig-ram.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have managed to setup a network in my house. My theater PC is running W7, as is my laptop, there is another laptop with vista. I have managed to get a wireless printing network working with all computers, but have had limited access to some of the hard drives. In particular i am looking to access an external docking Hard Drive station, but would like to be able to access everything from all computers.

Also my dock drive is connected through the computer via an E-sata connection. Neither laptop has an e-sata port. Would it be faster to connect to the HD dock wirelessly through a G router, how about via a network cable, what about if I was to update to an N-router with Gigabyte switching if I have cat 6 cables?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-accessing-external-hds-in-w7.914917/
Relevancy 29.24%

When my daughter tries to access her account she receives the following message:

The user profile service has failed to log on..... user profile cannot be loaded...

What has happened and how do I fix it?

A:help accessing account

Hello Circuitrider, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This tutorial may be able to help you get this user profile error fixed.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263914-help-accessing-account.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have two problems with Vista Networking. (XP was so much easier)

First I have 5 computers networked. Two Desktops Vista, one Laptop Vista, Two Desktops XP. All through a 4 port router and a wireless for the laptop.

I cannot view the c:\ drives on either Desktop Vista or Laptop Vista from each of the vista computers. I can see the portable drives connected to the Vista Desktops only. All the Vistas tell me that Windows cannot access these drives. All my permissions are set to full and all are on one network and workgroup. The printer tells me that Operation cannot be completed.

I'll get to to XP accessing Vista computers yet I can access XP from the vistas at another time.

What am I missing here? Any help?

A:Accessing C drives

Originally Posted by fcompoccio

I have two problems with Vista Networking. (XP was so much easier)

First I have 5 computers networked. Two Desktops Vista, one Laptop Vista, Two Desktops XP. All through a 4 port router and a wireless for the laptop.

I cannot view the c:\ drives on either Desktop Vista or Laptop Vista from each of the vista computers. I can see the portable drives connected to the Vista Desktops only. All the Vistas tell me that Windows cannot access these drives. All my permissions are set to full and all are on one network and workgroup. The printer tells me that Operation cannot be completed.

I'll get to to XP accessing Vista computers yet I can access XP from the vistas at another time.

What am I missing here? Any help?

in the sharing options, have you allowed a guest account? i found that letting a guest account have access to the drives (view only) then this seems to help, password protection seems to make things more difficult.
Edit: i'm on 7 but the sharing options are very similar to Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291587-accessing-c-drives.html
Relevancy 29.24%

a local hrd ware service man installed a win xp2 in the same drive wre i had axp2 already as its a laptop it has no partitionb init...in order not loosing the data he done like tat after correption of my old xp2....i donkno wat he done...he locked ma old files and folders and installed a new xp in the same drive now im able work on mew xp and not able to access ma old files..it is showin in blue letter...wen im clickin on any of ma old folder...its tellin access denined....im also not able to copy those to any media....plz help me in recoverin those datas....its very very important for me......

A:HELP In ACCESSING FILES IN XP

Log in with the local Administrator account. You should then be able to access all of the files and either copy them to a location that your usual account can access, or alter the local permissions to allow access for all users (right click and check the Sharing/Security permissions).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-in-accessing-files-in-xp-251440.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have just built a new PC and have put my old hard drive in as a slave. I had program files and various saved files in my doccuments. In trying to access this on my new PC it will not allow me to. Thinking about it, I have realised my username needed a password before windows would load. Assuming this is why I can't read from that folder on new PC is there any way, knowing my password I used on old PC, that I can get access to this folder?

Regards

Keith

A:Accessing old my docs on old PC

I would put the hardrive back into the other computer, and link them in a network. Access the computer that way, and transfer everything to your newer machine.
Not the ideal method, granted, but one that will work, provided you have the patience to set up a small intranet network between the two boxes. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-old-my-docs-on-old-pc.219433/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay I'm trying to set up windows 7 so I can access it remotely from my iPad. I'm very computer literate but I cannot seem to find out the problem as to why.

Ive set up windows 7 to allow remote access. I've tried disabling avg and windows firewall but I still keep getting connection refused. Help?

Thanks

A:Accessing windows 7 via rdc

Quote: Originally Posted by jeffmiller45

Okay I'm trying to set up windows 7 so I can access it remotely from my iPad. I'm very computer literate but I cannot seem to find out the problem as to why.

Ive set up windows 7 to allow remote access. I've tried disabling avg and windows firewall but I still keep getting connection refused. Help?

Thanks

Welcome Jeffmiller45 to the windows 7 forum.

Can it be assumed that your running the iPad Remote Desktop program?

If you set it up correctly on your PC, and allow access via rdp, then you will have to access it via it's IP, as your iPad should have an IP in the same range as your PC. Unless your PC has a static IP then you will have to enter that IP via your wireless on your iPad.

What RDP App are you running on your iPad?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215662-accessing-windows-7-via-rdc.html
Relevancy 29.24%

My secuity software warns me daily that Svchost.exe is trying to access the web. I've been blocking it. What is Svchost.exe and do I need to be concerned with it accessing the web?

Relevancy 29.24%

Hi i am getting a new hard drive and am just wondering if i can access my files that were saved - music, pictures, documents etc whilst there is no hard drive in the computer?

sorry im a novice!

A:Accessing files with no hd

Hi -

After new HDD is in and Windows is installed, you can connect the old drive to a USB/ SATA adapter like these -

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7BBTkwCjCECjCE

One plug goes to the old HDD; the other - the USB - plugs into USB port. If drive is OK, Windows should recognize it, assign it a drive letter - then you can copy files to your new HDD - Pics, Music, Docs, etc...

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-files-with-no-hd-512779.html
Relevancy 29.24%

For some strange reason I cannot use my web browsers efficiently any more. I have installed brand new versions of avant, firefox, opera, and IE, and all of them move extremely slowly. When I check the processes they are not using any ram.

The rest of my programs work perfectly. It is only my web browsers. I uninstalled and reinstalled all of them and nothing happened. What could be wrong?

A:web browsers not accessing ram

What version of Windows are you using? If you're on XP, the "Mem Usage" column in task manager is a very poor indicator of RAM usage. Click view, and check the virtual memory size box. Virtual memory means your hard disk space is used like memory (in XP the file for that is pagefile.sys).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/web-browsers-not-accessing-ram-277328.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a DVD R that was created with files from an old IBM laptop that I had in a prior job There are folders one with JPEGs of photos that I ve taken over the years the other with documents and spreadsheets Microsoft accessing jpegs on DVD Word and Excel Now I am trying to access the files I run Windows XP on my DELL laptop and my HP desktop I am able to access the the spreadsheet and documents but I am unable to open the JPEGs They show as read-only I ve tried to move them accessing jpegs on DVD to my C drive doesn t work Now to complicate things a little more I took the disk into the quot Geeks quot at Best Buy today to see if they could help they opened the pictures straight-away no issues They ve suggested that there is some setting on my computers that is keeping me from opening these Can someone help I m positive I ve opened the folders before I ve had the DVD for years Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-jpegs-on-dvd.637291/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got the "Windows Explorer has stopped working" error. For me, it pops up as soon as I log into my account so I have no access to the start menu, anything at all like that.

Once I log in, it goes to a grey screen where the error pops up. Unfortunately, I hadn't been using System Restore so that's not an option for me. I don't mind reformatting, but all I really want off my hard drive are all of my pictures. I was wondering if there's any way to access my image files by running some sort of command in the CMD window.

If anyone knows a way around this, please help.

Relevancy 29.24%

I am having a difficult time getting into a specific email account so I can change the server settings. I added a new hotmail account to my live mail program and allowed the program to automatically set the pop info. But when I try to send a message it doesn't recognize the setting (553). But I'll be darned if I can find out how to get to that account's server info page. And what should those server settings be? Please give specific instructions? I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Kind Regards,

Steve

A:Accessing The Pop Settings

Try 25 if that does not work try 587
Good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/287800-accessing-pop-settings.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,
I use a laptop running Windows xp, I think my partner is accessing my computer and web mail, is there a way I can check on this?
Cheers,
boyracer

Relevancy 29.24%

I have just bought a laptop to replace an old XP running machine. The rest of the house has XP machines and i have always been able to access them via the old laptop through the wireless network that i installed recently. I have managed to connect to the wireless network successfully with the new laptop but I cannot find any other machines on the network - I am a vista novice and was pretty crap with XP too. Is it something to do with IP addresses? I want to be able to see the machine that has all the shared drives on. Can any one offer a user freindly solution to this as i am sure it is probably quite easy! Many thanks

A:Accessing a network on XP

Hello Willa, and welcome to the vista forums

The major issues with XP/Vista sharing are Related to the fact that XP and Vista use a different workgroup name and the new discovery system used in vista answers to both are here ...

InformIT: How to Network Vista and XP Computers Together > How to Network Vista and XP Computers Together

and Here ...

Network Map in Windows Vista does not display computers that are running Windows XP

hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/209417-accessing-network-xp.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, looking for help solving a problem which has been annoying me for the past half hour.

I am using my girlfriends laptop after mines broke last week and am trying to access my BT Homehub to go on the internet but can't figure out how.

I don't know if there is a wireless button on her computer I have to press (it's an Acer Aspire 3630)

can someone give me a simple step by step guide on how to get onto the internet. Thanks a lot

Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to access files in a partition with no recognizable file system? I had a computer meltdown and took it in to a shop but they weren't recovery experts and though they told me they could do it... they couldn't. I got it back with one drive and instead of the unpartitioned space I'd sent it away with I now had an extended dos partition. I couldn't access that space and since my only other option is format I thought I'd instead do a little tinkering and created a logical partition. I can now see the drive at least but it's telling me it has no recognizable file system. I know those files are there as it's telling me it's 60% in use I just need to know if there's any way I can retrieve them or should I just give up and reformat. Thanks.

Cat

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-files-20015.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I recently have become aware that allowing remote access gives scammers complete control and to worm your computer Less than a week ago I began having issues with the BSOD followed by an error message SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED followed by characters and numbers I cannot recall I then did some research on the web and discovered that the display drivers weren't configured correctly for Windows I then was wondering if Microsoft would fix this issue through windows updates That didn't happen so I contacted Lenovo Tech Support at their web site I then selected the live help option but there were dozens in the cue on PC Remote My Accessing Furthermore it would take a great number of minutes before Remote Accessing on My PC I would be connected to a chat agent I selected the call me back option and put my information in The call was NOT returned So the next day I went to the Microsoft website and searched for a solution to this BSOF issue I've been having Upon reading further it was suggested that I update my display drivers And that's what I did All fixed For the time being it was just fine But I began having problems Remote Accessing on My PC while playing another MMO Massive Multi-Player Online game I then began to roll back the driver But there was no option to do so I'm shaking my head right now just thinking about it Luckily I created a restore point which fixed quot this quot issue quot A short time later I searched for Lenovo Tech support using my search engine and the phone number was displayed When I called someone answered right away which left me puzzled because I had to wait such a long time while trying to contact support beforehand This person sounded like he was from India according to his accent I double checked with him by asking if this was Lenovo Tech Support He said it was and asked my what the issues were I then began discussing the problems at hand He then told me not to worry quot No worry for you I fix your computer You no worry quot These were his words It was then suggested that he remote access my computer And this my friends is where it gets interesting After accessing he began to run scans using the run option in the start menu He pulled up a great deal of information and then asked if I had visited porn sites Porn sites I told him that I wouldn't allow this to happen because a great many viruses malware etc are attached to these sites and computers easily become infected But I have dabbled with torrent sites from time to time This may or may not have played a roll here Anyhows he showed me that my network had been compromised and that dozens of people were using my network for their own purposes and said that I needed a firewall He then offered -Layer protection and said that virus protection was at the tip of this ice burg so to speak He said that for a one time fee of would clear me of any and all attacks from hackers spies whatever came my way I then told him that I already had a firewall and that my anti-virus program was supposed to identify and remove these threats He said this was different and that with this protection I wouldn't even need virus protection Oh also he took me to the Best Buy site and searched for network security firewall The results listed several that were in excess of Immediately I noticed that these were rack mountable Colleges business and the like use these as these are intended for big business companies I know this because I hold a technical degree in networking and communications But this was beyond me I had no idea that the problem I encountered was because of my network being hacked I told him that the thought of a homeowner paying this much for protection was ludicrous Eventually he went on and said that this was a one time offer and that he would charge me Again I thought it was not in my best interest to comply He then put his name and number in a word pad file that was saved on my desktop He also said that my network would be covered for the next five day... Read more

A:Remote Accessing on My PC

First when they answer and there was no hold time.

Second you asked if they were they did not introduce.

until you run scans to make sure that there are no vulnerabilities would not use the system other wise you can kiss you data good bye.

I know harsh but while he was poking around you system he installed a key logging program that send the data every so often.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/126655-remote-accessing-my-pc.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Ok i bought a laptop some times ago to take with me on the move However it kind of died Anyway later i bought a new desktop computer and have been happy with it ever since A few days ago I found the warranty for my laptop and it expires in a few days - which means i still have time to have it repaired free of charge My problem is that i have sensative material on my laptop mostly personal files including a regular diary i used to keep I really don t want these tech people accessing my documents and reading through this kind of thing it makes me feel a bit sick to think they laptops my Accessing HDD could go through my documents and read my diary and look through hundreds of pictures of me and friends Accessing my laptops HDD I was hoping there was a way for Accessing my laptops HDD me to access my computers hard drive and documents I can t turn on my laptop and i think the problem is either the charger or the battery but either way i want to wipe the files from my laptop before i take it to them and afterwards i will be giving my laptop to someone else Any help please This has really got me a bit flustered A friend told me It s nothing they haven t seen before but i think that s hardly the point why would i want people i don t know finding out intimate details about my personal life nbsp

Relevancy 29.24%

Hello all, When I take the laptop to work I can see the wireless network but can't connect. After trying to diagnose the problem, it says it can't and I should see if I'm in range (I am), or if I have permission (I do). Appreciate any help Shmoo

A:Accessing the ethernet

the diagnose and repair doesn't always work, is there a way you can toggle your wireless lan card on/off? sometimes resetting it helps. also is there a wep security key in place on the network? at home i have to re-enter the passcode manually a lot of times to get back onto my network

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/123833-accessing-ethernet.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

I've been fighting this problem for quite a while but now it has become very bad!

Using Process explore System PID 4 is now constantly accessing hard drive for 10 minutes + during turn on.

CPU use very high during these periods - laptop freezes

Problem began a few days ago with Firefox being re-directed on a number of sites.

I don't know what to do next

Please help

A:Something Accessing HD & Internet - CPU 100%!

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Please download and run Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you enco... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438779/something-accessing-hd-internet-cpu-100/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've got 2 partitions and used Partition Magic. I can't seem to get into the other one running ME and get message 'Unable to open RTC file C:\PQBW.rtc' when I click on PM for PQBoot. This happened after rebooting and Windows said there was improper shutdown.

A:accessing partition using PM 8

i've had so many problems with pm, various versions that i don't use it any more.

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-partition-using-pm-8.298348/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

I have an HP 7200N computer, athlon amd 3200 processor, running XP. I can't access my bios, I've tried all of the F keys and delete key. Any advice? Could it be a bad keyboard? Thanks.

Lori

Relevancy 29.24%

I am new to the forum My old Dell motherboard fried an Inspiron Bought another new used Inspiron off of Ebay with much better components than what I had installed my old Hdd and files accessing help DVD drive into the new machine when it arrived Everything works fine just one big problem After years of using XP this new computer came with Windows RC loaded I am enjoying the new OS but am still very much in the learning phase I can see my old Hdd all the files etc are there but I cannot open anything When I try I am told I do not have permission to access the files I click on a folder or file and it says quot You don't currently have permission to access this folder quot click continue to get access to this folder gt continue gt help accessing files quot You have been denied permission to access to this folder quot to gain access you will need to use the security tab gt security tab link Screen opens to Security tab gt continue opens new screen quot Advanced Security Settings for quot Owner There is dialog there about taking ownership In the quot Current Owner quot box it says quot unable to display current owner quot In the quot Change Owner to quot box there are choices Administrators user-PC Administrators AND Sharie user-PC user I highlight quot Sharie quot gt apply A new dialog box says I have taken ownership and must close file before being able to access change permissions Close it then reopen and it lets me see the files within the folder but when I click on the Word file I get another error quot Word cannot open the document user does not have access privileges quot So how do I get access to all those files on the old Hdd The old drive is running XP and my desktop was password protected Sorry if I have left out any valuable information Let me know if you need something else THank in advance for your help SHarie

A:help accessing files

Oh...one more thing....I keep getting a pop up that says "Activate Windows" As stated, I am running Windows 7 RC (loaded by previous owner). Do I activate with the Vista Key that is on the Cd or is there a specific Windows 7 key and if so, where do I find it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-accessing-files-394994.html
Relevancy 29.24%

windows 8 on my computer will not recognize my flash drive it will recognize other flashdrivesi when inserted but this one gives error code 43  how do I fix this and access my MUCH needed files

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/37ec322f-e253-4191-b673-f87b8161c592/accessing-my-flashdrive?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello, I just purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 bit, and my desktop uses XP. Can I export and access all my contacts and messages from my desktop to my laptop? I've tried several times, and can't seem to get it. Thanks!!

A:Accessing Email between 2 OS

Hello supernova, and welcome to the forums.

You should be able to email all the contact information to yourself, or export it to a flash drive. Do you have an iPod touch? If so, you could sync it to those contacts, and export it to the other computer. Someone else here may have a better suggestion, but both of those should work...

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/207596-accessing-email-between-2-os.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I upgraded my whole system a few weeks ago, and now I can't get into my old "My Documents" folder. Access Denied. How do I access it now or acquire it under my new account?

BTW, there's no "advanced" button in the sharing tab of "properties" for this folder

thanks.

Relevancy 29.24%

Im not too bad with computers and i can understand most of the stuff you tell me so dont speak like im stupid ("double click the icon and it will work!!") just wanted to say that due to previous experience with websites.

now, for some reason the program files folder in my c drive is denied. i dont understand why because i am the sole administrator account on the computer. i got this laptop from my uncle and he didnt give me the xp CD so i cant do a system recovery.ive tried partitioning the drive then deleting the old partition. i have no idea what to do. if you can tell me some way to format my drive without the OS cd or some other way to allow access that would be great. thanks in advance for any help hopefully you guys are better than the people on yahoo answers.

Relevancy 29.24%

Okay....

Honestly, I'm new to this and I have never used a bluetooth before this time... and I'm not sure how to work with bluetooths... my friend (not so good at computers) gave it to me to open it and copy the stuff from it - it is a USB bluetooth... so please try to be as lenient as possible when explaining things

hmmm... well so I put in on my computer, the green light flahes, my computer recognizes a new hardware... but it won't install

2 problems
1- the bluetooth CD is lost
2- It is a generic type... hmm called Xtreme Technology with XTRA Value Ver. 2.0 EDR Class 1
So.... what to do... any help would be appreciated... I have winxp home edition

A:Accessing Bluetooth Without Cd...

Here is some reading material. If you can't figure it out simple continue this thread

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77507/accessing-bluetooth-without-cd/
Relevancy 29.24%

When my hard drive was installed, it was divided, to save room for the future. The future is here! I need more room and haven't a clue how to access the other drive. I'm using XP and when I go to Disk Manager, I can see the 2nd. drive (F). My C drive is labeled Primary Partition and the 2nd. drive is labeled Logical Drive, with green around it that is labeled Extended Partition. How do I access it for use? Do I have to format it or anything?

A:Accessing another drive

What all shows up under My Computer? It is likely you will have to format it before it will give you access to it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-another-drive-312535.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

I recently subcribed to an online server (NetZero). I completed the download process and selected my access numbers. However, the error message "cannot connect to remote computer" pops up. What does this mean? I also tried changing access numbers.

The automated helpline does not offer any suggestions that relate to this. I cannot afford the 1.99/min for live help.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 29.24%

After I put my comp through a system restore, it moved all my old files into the userdata folder and when i try to access it, it says "Access is denied".

is there any way possible to get to those files and move them to my current folders so they're usable again?

A:Help accessing C:\Userdata

Are you running XP Home or Pro?

If Home, you will need to reboot into safe mode. Restart your computer and tap on the F8 key about every second or so until you get to the windows advanced options menu. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode in the list (choose regular safe mode, not networking or command prompt).

If Pro, go into my computer > tools > folder options > uncheck use simple file sharing and click ok.

Then follow this article on how to take ownership of a file or folder:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;308421

NOTE: You will need administrative privileges to do this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-accessing-c-userdata-70605.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I don't know if this is the right place???? However ... this the story ...

We can use softwares (RADMIN or VNC) to view and control remote pc. Is there nay way we can do the same witout installing these software or using the known IP address

A:Accessing remote pc!!!

Hmmm so basically you're asking how to hack a pc???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-remote-pc-160596.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi there.

I have installed a fairly old game on the computer.. into the programme files directory.

However, the limited accounts cannot run it. I don't know why, but it doesn't allow them to. You double click the shortcut I have made and it doesnt work.
Any ideas how this can work?

Thanks
Dan

A:Accessing programmes?

Try on the limited acct right clicking on the EXE and hit "Run As..." and enter admin pass and choose "always run as admin" if you have that option.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-programmes-54712.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I recently XP folder with help accessing updated my computer got a new case Aerocool added a new motherboard Abit BE -G got a new heatsink and fan When I restarted my computer windows XP said I had to re authorize use giving me help with XP accessing folder a phone number and a digit code I tried the code and was told by the computer there that the code was not valid So being kind of new and or stubborn dumb I reinstalled XP in the windows directory so as I could still access my old desktop for the items I had there Still needed to authorize so I called Microsoft and told them my problem they told me to call Dell for a new CD key I called Dell they told me its illegal for them to release a new key and to call Microsoft I did then they released me a new key I authorized XP and tried to access my old desktop C documents and settings kurt All I got was Access is denied Please help as this is where I was storing all of my zipped program files that I need to make XP run like I used to have it stull like Tweak XP Incredimail and others as well as pictures movies and games Any help is greatly appreciated

A:help with XP accessing folder

Try this http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...ccess+to+files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-xp-accessing-folder-53967.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm not sure how to descirbe this but the problem just started happening. If I am playing a game full screen every so often the game minimizes and I goes back to windows. If I'm using surfing the web the samething happens, IE doesn't minimize but it deselects it, so while I'm typing this I have to reselect IE to start typing again. It doesn't make any sense to me. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks,

Scott

A:Programs are accessing something else?

Sounds like you could have a virus. Have you scanned for adware/spyware and virus scan? Are your security utilities up to date? Have you added/removed any programs lately? Go here www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm and follow the instructions carefully. After scanning with HiJackThis place your log in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum. Someone from the Security Team will analyze your log as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-are-accessing-something-else-46850.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I am having trouble getting on yahoo. I can get to the homepage but I can't access anything on it. It will try to open but then says done and I'm still on home page. I can access any other website and am able to get into anything. I'm stumped why this is happening because I am a big yahoo user. Please anyone have any suggestions?

A:Accessing Website

Which browser do you use; IE,Firefox....?
Did you make any changes to your OS just before this started happening (adding new programs etc)?
Have you checked your firewall settings to make sure Yahoo is allowed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68750/accessing-website/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have two computers in different houses. how can i access my other computer (windows 2000 pro) from my main computer (win xp pro)?

A:accessing two computers?

I think there is a option somewhere in the control panel that has a checkbox for allowing remote access. I don't know very much about it, but that sounds like it has something to do with it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

try control panel->system->remote and then the bottom button. It explains that you can access one computer from another.

try control panel->system->remote and then the bottom button. It explains that you can access one computer from another. They might have to be on a network together, in which case it's useless to you, but I'm not totally sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-two-computers-31468.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I am trying to access orlando.bikehash.com and it says "waiting on reply" and never goes anywhere.

HELP!

Sam

A:Accessing A Website

working fine for me, try clearing your cookies and temp files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101722/accessing-a-website/
Relevancy 29.24%

How can I access the file "AOL Saved PFC" on my desktop & read emails and/or other content/text?EDIT: Moved from XP forum to more appropriate Email/Web Browsing forum ~ Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315501/accessing-my-aol-saved-pfc/
Relevancy 29.24%

I forgot my hotmail password and have to reset it. However the email address to which the new password is being sent is one that is no longer in use. So I am basically locked out of my account and have my contacts and messages inaccessible . How do I reset my password without it being sent to the expired email account?
Thanks for the help.

A:Accessing hotmail

Unless you set a secret question there is no way.

I am going to close this thread as it could lead to illegal advice.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/accessing-hotmail-527809.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Due to an irritating series of crashes and bugs, I decided to install a second, fresh copy of windows on the hard drive so I could at least temporarily access my old files. However, when I use 'regedit' I can only see registry files for the new copy of windows. There are some installation CD keys I need to access from my old copy of windows, how can I access and view them?

Edit: The original post didn't mention it clearly, but I installed the new copy of windows in a seperate folder than the old copy, so the old one is still intact.

I tried googling the problem and read something about 'hives' in certain folders, but I haven't seen anything that looks like it might be a hive in the forementioned folders, and I have no idea how to use them in any case.

A:Accessing Old Registries

Perhaps installing Belarc Advisor would help you. It is free, and it can be downloaded by clicking HERE. It will create a report of a list of hardware and software contained in a computer, along with product keys for software.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57124/accessing-old-registries/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just installed Citrix winframe XP on a W2K server box. I can access Citrix from the LAN, I'm having problems accessing it from the Internet. I opened port 1494 for Citrix and to test if i opened the ports correctly I set up a FTP server which I can access from the web. Is there any trick on how to access Citrix from the Web?

We are connected to DSL through Verizon and are accessing the DSL using a Linksys router.

A:accessing Citrix from the Web

Do you need a client app to connect to a Citrix server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-citrix-from-the-web.64175/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have two computers, one an Advent 4211-B netbook and the other an Acer Aspire 5920g laptop, both running Windows 7 Home Premium (completely up to date) and AVG Internet Security.

The two computers are part of a Home network which also includes a Sky Router, Lexmark S605 network printer and a WD 2TB NAS drive.

Everything on the network is visible to all other items on the the network.

I have installed WD Anywhere Backup Pro software on both and the backups are carried out as expected.

If I use the URL http:\\192.160.0.3 when on the Advent I access the NAS control panel OK.

If I use the same URL on the Aspire I get the following error:

UNKNOWN 503 Server temporarily overloaded Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:17:41 GMT Cache-Control: no-cache,no-store Content-Type: text/html; charset=%s Connection: close
503 Server temporarily overloaded
The server cannot process the request due to a high load.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

A:Accessing a NAS drive

The only similar thead is the one in the link below which had to do with MTU size. The Technet link in the thread below may have other solutions.

To make things more complicated win7 wlan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/126565-accessing-nas-drive.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Greetings I took a quick search here and found a lot of close posts but not one that quot hit the nail on the head quot My issue has to do with accessing file shares on an XP pro SP machine NTFS File system from my brand new win home permium machine I use the XP pro machine as a low end quot file server quot Basically just a repository Goal To be able to access SOME not all files on my XP machine from my new WIN machine Assumptions All machines involved are members of the same workgroup All on the same subnet All machines can ping to and from each other The XP Pro machine uses usernames and passwords All machines have the same name and password for their respective usernames IE userxyz and are the usernames and passwords on ALL useraccounts on all machines IE they match History I consider myself to be pretty well versed in NTFS rights and file sharing ACL's etc Though by no means an expert Also I am brand new to Win I have other XP home machines that can get to the XP Pro machine fine As mentioned above (NTFS) XP 7 Win Pro Win Accessing from upon file access when the Pro machine calls for a login I use Accessing Win XP Pro (NTFS) from Win 7 userxyz and password I am in I have correct access read-write to the files that are properly shared and have proper ACL's set When I do this with the Win machine using the same credentials when prompted for them I can get access to the proper folders and files but I can not write to or change them This all started because I keep my iTunes library on the XP pro machine From my Win machine for the first time I tried to import add file to library and it gave me the quot You do not have permission to access quot error Reiterating reference above The XP machines work fine I get correct access to the files in question I experimented with a test folder on the XP Pro machine because I didn't want to experiment with the quot Accessing Win XP Pro (NTFS) from Win 7 production quot files I created a test folder in the same location as the production Accessing Win XP Pro (NTFS) from Win 7 folder and gave it the same folder and file rights XP home machines work fine read write Win quot You do not have permission to access quot error I can alter the rights on the test folder give authenticated users change at the folder level and then this solves the issue EXCEPT that now any user has the ability to write delete files which I don't want I only want THOSE users to have read There is no way that I know of to add a user from another MACHINE to a group on an XP Pro machine IE xpmaxhine userxyz I do NOT want to open up the win machine for any file or printer sharing at this time No one in my household needs to get to it for any reason I only want them to have the correct access to the XP Pro machine I am sure I have confused you nice folks more than I needed to but I am trying to be explicit as possible Any suggestions or help much appreciated Thanks PS Hopefully in a few months when the budget allows I'll have a NAS box and this point will be moot

A:Accessing Win XP Pro (NTFS) from Win 7

Hi! pjw73nh, welcome to W7F

Have you seen this tutorial?
Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) - Network

Would mapping between the two (XP, and 7) do it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/111924-accessing-win-xp-pro-ntfs-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi New here My home computer runs Win XP My office accessing Remotely RDC via computer runs Win I would like to access my home computer from my office computer and vice versa I have set up Remote Desktop Connection RDC on both computers according to the instructions given in the Help pages for both operating Remotely accessing via RDC systems I have added RDC as an exception to the Windows firewall on both machines In both cases the computers are connected to the internet via a broadband modem and a common ISP In both cases a WIFI router is also employed to make laptop connections available The RDC works fine whilst within the WIFI environment In other words I can connect locally to both Host computers using a laptop as a Client so I have every reason to believe that I have set up the RDC correctly But I cannot access the computers remotely I can't see the computer names I can't see their IP addresses I tried pinging them and it timed out I feel that it has to be something to do with the settings for the modem provided by the ISP I can access the modems setup using a browser and Various help sites suggest a special Remotely accessing via RDC port number but I can't find anywhere in the modem setups to be able to use that port number I have tried asking the ISP for help but now days later there is no response from them Does anyone have any ideas that might help me please

A:Remotely accessing via RDC

See if this helps:

When you are connecting to the host computer from outside it's local network, you would use the WAN IP and not the local IP address. The Wide Area Network IP can be found by using a site like www.whatismyip.com whilst browsing on the host computer. E.g. Use the RDP to connect to the WAN IP and not the local.

You should then forward port TCP 3389 to the local IP address in the router (and possibly the modem too)

This will RDP connect to your remote network "outside IP" and your remote network will then "hand off' the RDP connection to the "local IP."

--NOTE--
Some modems/routers call port forwarding "Virtual Servers"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86929-remotely-accessing-via-rdc.html
Relevancy 29.24%

My 32 bit programs cannot access the network or internet and have errors upon closing. I have Vista Ultimate x64. This has happened before and I was only able to fix it by doing a clean install. Can anyone Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32-bit-not-accessing-internet.567813/
Relevancy 29.24%

I think I have malware/virus problem. I cannot log into any of my programs and cannot log out. The screen pops up with internet, word, etc., but the programs don't pop up. I can use the computer as always when I access through another user option.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-accessing-programs.1069443/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've heard a lot about Directaccess and wanted to give it a try but I can't find it anywhere. I know it's included in Windows 7 Ultimate but has anyone actually seen/used it?? Or is this a feature that's only going to be available with the final release?

A:Accessing Directaccess?

Is this what you're talking about? Not much info on it.
What is Direct Access?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3460-accessing-directaccess.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone,
I dont post much on here because most of my questions have already been asked and I can find the answers.

I can not access my Buffalo Linkstation PRO NAS remotely.

When I use the Buffalo site, or manually type in my IP address and port number, I get directed to my router settings and not the NAS.

Its a Buffalo LS-XHLCE3 and a Linksys WRT320n

The settings on the NAS are:
Web Access Enabled
SSL Encryprion on
Use Buffalo NAS on
Port 9000

The settings on the router are:
Single port forwarding Internal/external 9000 to the Buffalo NAS Ip 102.168.1.100

Port range forwarding 9000-9000 to 192.168.1.100
Port range triggering: Triggered range 9000-9000 to forwarded range 9000-9000

Remote access is enabled.

Can anyone help? What other information is needed? I am clearly a novice.

A:Accessing NAS Remotely

Have you tried looking for information at either of these two sites?

FreeNAS: The Free NAS Server
https://secure.logmein.com/US/home.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/32539-accessing-nas-remotely.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey people,

Have just upgraded a friends pc to Win XP, They have a standard BT broadband voyeger modem. Went through all the standard installation process with the modem and could access the internet fine.

The system is a compaq, on boot up compaq comes up in red on the screen and this it, it just hangs.....none on the "f" number options work to enter BIOS etc,....however, if the broadband modem is disconnected at this point or before the pc is switched on it boots up no problem.

I have XP and BT broadband and dont get any problems, yet this pc wont boot at switch on unless the modem is disconnected?

"HELP!"

Brad

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-broadband-through-xp-27141.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I am running WIN 98 SE using Firefox. I am COMPLETELY unable to access the adobe.com site. Browser sits for a while and then reports a 'timeout' message. I have obtained their 'ping' address'. I drop to DOS and PING it...NO ANSWER RECEIVED !!!!

VERY frustrating - especially when I go to update Acrobat.

This is ONLY site that I am not able to contact.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-adobe.565025/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have an iTouch, which means I can add different applications and games and such, but I need to access my iPod's files to work some of the content. I've been googling it and it just says it should show up under removable media, but all those people who said that are using XP, so the same thing doesn't work for me. So if you could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

A:Accessing My iPod

What you wanna be able to access your files on your ipod there is software out there

Try this

http://www.cnet.com/4520-7899_1-6477981-1.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-my-ipod-266684.html
Relevancy 29.24%

When using Firefox I can't view pictures or games. If I use Internet Explorer on the same computer everything works. I also use Firefox on my laptop to access Facebook and have no problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/accessing-facebook-527785.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I am trying to access the BIOS on a Compaq deskpro machine. Tried all the F keys, del key, but no joy. Any ideas please?

A:accessing the BIOS

Reboot the machine. When the company name, Compaq, displays in big red letters on the screen, a cursor should appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Press F10, and instead of booting normally, you should see the setup screen for the Compaq's BIOS.

Some Compaq machines have F12 as a BIOS setup key. If F10 doesn't work for you, it's worth a try. Another suggestion is Ctrl + F10 for newer models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-the-bios.303235/
Relevancy 29.24%

dear dude or dudette, I don't know how to move my resume from Microsoft Word on Computer to job site on Mozilla Firefox. Can you give me some info,PLEASE??????---------Your friend at 3:21 A.M., GENE

A:Help accessing resume?

Dear Gene you clock is 6 minutes fast. I might leave it at the original time though since if you are looking for a job it will hopefully get you there earlier than the interview's start time. Welcome to the forum. What site are you trying to upload it to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-accessing-resume.775174/
Relevancy 29.24%

I need to access some keys in my old XP registry which is on a harddrive. I currently have that drive slaved to my NEW harddrive and system. Due to the severe changes in hardware, my old OS won't boot up, so I can't just make my old HD the master and use regedit. I need a way to access the registry on my old OS through my NEW OS (XP also) so I can find and copy some keys. Any ideas??

Thanks

Relevancy 29.24%

My windows xp computer would not let me view certain video clips on the web so I downloaded windows media 9 to fix the problem and media 9 worked. The problem is that when I try to get to toiletstool.com/toilet, instead of treating it like a normal web page (which it is), my computer treats it like a file and gives me the option to open the file or save it to my computer. When I choose open file, it downloads and then I get a blank screen with this: C:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OFBR64X9\toiletpostlf[1].htm, where the URL should be. This was not a problem before I downloaded windows media 9 so I think that media 9 is the problem. Is there anyway to remedy this without uninstalling media 9 and if not then how do I uninstall media 9?

A:accessing toiletstool.com

I tried to 'go to the Toilet' (thats a very bad pun) page. I also was prompted to d/l and save the file to disc.
Looks like it is not your player, but probably a coding problem at their site?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-toiletstool-com.243971/
Relevancy 29.24%

PC world did a data transfer from my old computer - Windows Xp - to a new computerusing Windows 7. Documents on Works 8 were included in this transfer. I have downloaded works 8 onto the new computer, but cannot access these documents. Any ideas.

A:Accessing documents.

Your old XP files will be in a folder on the C: drive called Windows.old. under Documents and Settings/[username]/My Documents. You can copy them from that file and store them in your Documents folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-documents-604672.html
Relevancy 29.24%

So I set up an FTP using "http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1491"

Decent site. I cant however make it ask for a username and password.

I'm running Windows XP and if I'm on a compuer within my network connecting to the internet through my router, if i type in the FTP://IPADDRESS then it will connect, if im outside my house on a differant network it dosent work.

Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, I am new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me with a MS Excel problem.
I have an Excel file stored on a floppy disk which I tried to access the other day, when the following message appeared.

'magazine.xls' cannot be accessed.
The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or the server the document is stored on may not be responding.

Any help would be grateful, many Thanks.

Relevancy 29.24%

Hello, i have freshly installed IIS on windows xp
professionnal and i have successfull setup a website in
IIS, available on a local network.
on my computer the address for my website is :
http://photoworks/youngblood (photoworks being the name
of my computer)
now i have tried to access to my website from a remote
machine on the web by typing the folllowing address
(replacing my compute name by the ip address i found by
typing in prompt, ip config) :
http://81.101.127.68/lazhar/
but when i tried this address, there is a message telling
me that i cannot access to the page. Any Idea why ?

A:pb accessing to my iis website from web

If you get your ip address from a DHCP server it's possible it changed. I doubt that's the problem, but it is possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pb-accessing-to-my-iis-website-from-web.108011/
Relevancy 29.24%

Now I don't know if I am in the right place but I have a four outlet TP-Link router and have been wanting to
a) be able to print from any machine without having to plug a machine in one at a time can this be done ? tutorial (have looked)
b) what is needed when one wants to have more than four machines hooked to the router at one time, I do believe there such a thing as a switch but a Google and Wikipedia - ing have just left me confused as to what they do or what to do.

Am not good with the tech jargon and hope there is some tutorial in here - if there is I can't find what I want could someone shove me in the right direction please?

A:Accessing all machines

If you come out of one of the 4 ports, you can link to 5, 8, 16 port Hubs or switches. Then even link some more off of them depending how many computers you want on the network. Make sure all are in the the same workgroup, printer sharing is turned ON.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172678-accessing-all-machines.html
Relevancy 29.24%

IE not getting to any web page.

Running XP Pro with SP1 and IE6 with SP1

I've tried reinstalling,open DNS,sfc /scannow,checked for virus and spyware,I can ping anywhere and firefox works fine. The taskmanager says it's running but all I get is the "working in the background" pointer showing.I also run winsockfix.There are no error messages.
I can't access internet options from tools,properties from file.
I've reduced the security to low to see if that helped turned off the firewall "looknstop"
I've left it on for a period to see if anything happened. No change.
Nothing has made any difference.

It was working ok last week.

Please Help!

A:IE 6 not accessing any web pages

Ur IE looks like it is infected??? Try repairing IE using
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial71.html

Thanks
;)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-6-not-accessing-any-web-pages-166593.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi All Have a computer Vista home premumin 32 bit, and cannot surf the web with FF, Google or IE. Can ping 8.8.8.8 and www.google.com. I have ipconfig /release, renew, flushed and register dns, flushed arp cache, rebuilt winsock. I cannot think of anything else that I am missing and looking for any ideas. Thanks, DougEdit: Moved topic from Windows Vista to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

A:Accessing the internet

I would first try to reinstall Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. If that doesn't help then you could download Windows Repair All-In-One.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525207/accessing-the-internet/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a printer connected via a print server on a LAN, which has no problem and can be used by all computers connected to the LAN. I also connected a Linksys wireless router to the LAN. I have no problem accessing the Internet or the other computers on the LAN with my laptop via the wireless connection. However I cannot access the printer. I can see the print server on my network workgroup, but access is denied. How can I access the printer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-printer-on-a-lan.356167/
Relevancy 29.24%

Can anyone tell me how to access the bios in windows 2000 professional? I have tried F10 , F4, F12? Any suggestions ?

A:accessing the bios

Try DEL key during bootup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-the-bios.41577/
Relevancy 29.24%

I want to build a pc for my son for christmas, I don't live with my son, so i need to be able to remotely access this pc over the net, as he is young and his mother isn't computer literate and i live over 2 hours away, so i need to be able have a bit of control over what he's doing and repair any problems etc.
Is there any (preferably free or very cheap) software that someone could recommend that would give me full access and admin rights to the computer over the net?
I have a windows 7 64bit based pc and intend creating one the same for my boy.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

A:Remotely accessing a PC over the net?

If you can configure the router for port forwarding, you can use this package: UltraVNC.

For a no-config option, you can use TeamViewer, the HOST mode installation on the remote machine allows you to connect anytime the machine is on, and you have full remote control.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remotely-accessing-a-pc-over-the-net.943068/
Relevancy 29.24%

my sister is having a pc in office which is connected to another pc (having net connectivity) over LAN. she is getting the LAN icon in network connections. till today she could not access internet on her pc.

but today an engineer came, and changed proxy address or something in internet options>connections>lan settings and accessed internet. after he was over, he again changed something in lan settings and went away. now my sis is not able to access internet. what can i do ?? pls help

Relevancy 29.24%

How do you access this directory?

Thanks,

A:accessing C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT

What are you trying to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-c-win_nt-bt.104772/
Relevancy 29.24%

i access my aol ok on firefox but when i try on ie it won't get me there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-accessing-my-aol-305215.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello, hope this is the correct section....sorry if not

My laptop a couple of weeks ago went crazy, i preformed virus scans, multiple came up, supposed removed by the programmes, however,still tried getting on internet would be sparadic, some sites fine, others took 10-15mins to load, others nothing at all, i have since managed to get ahold of windows seven, inserted disk this morning and went through all the moitions, its installed, up and running on the laptop, however, still cannot get online, iam wondering if maybe something has changed on the settings? I can access google no problem, put in something like yahoo, it just has the motion cirlce top left of page and nothing

Thanks in advance..

A:Accessing the internet

Ok update, ive been playing around, troubleshooting etc, it promted me to connect a earthnet cable, did this, works fine, guessing im in trouble with the wifi receiver? is there anything i can do? thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408413/accessing-the-internet/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, I have installed two os (both are windows home premium 32bit) in my computer, just to access my each drive from different os. But the problem is, both my os' accessing all the drives. I spend long hours to find a solution. I tried gpedit to "Restrict D drive only". but i didnt see any changes in my computer.. i can still see my drives... Is it really possible to hide a drive for one os alone?

Thank you!

A:Accessing each drive from different OS.

Hello Rami, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use the same method in OPTION TWO while in the OS that you want to prevent access of a drive letter while in that OS.

System Restore Points - Stop XP Dual Boot Delete

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303366-accessing-each-drive-different-os.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a Dell Pentium 4 with Windows XP.
I have a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000, and a Microsoft wireless keyboard 300.

My problem is that sometimes, but not all the time, when I left click on a story, within a site, such as npr.org, or quite a few others, that story or article will not come up.
At times I can right click on this and open it in another tab, but sometimes not even this is available or works.
There is no rhyme or reason when this will happens. I am usually able to correct most problems that have come up, but not this.

Thanks for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-problem.844435/
Relevancy 29.24%

Our web developers have a problem where links to external CDN resources for web development are being blocked. They are receiving Network Error 407 Proxy Authentication Required for the following paths:
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js
https://fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons
However, after some refresh attempts (can take up to 30 minutes of refreshing) it will work.
So if it eventually works, what is stopping it initially?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a55ad85-5274-4f65-a551-8f77fdbae02a/407-when-accessing-cdn-but-ok-after-refreshing?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 29.24%

Our laptop recently crashed after having a trojan. I managed to get it to reboot using recovery disks and now cannot access our old folders. Access denied! comes up even when in administrator mode. Can we get access again and if so, how? Help please

A:Re Accessing folders

See if following the instructions from MS help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370695/re-accessing-folders/
Relevancy 29.24%

Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Home Description Windows detected your registry file is still in the who is registry? there way Is accessing to tell any use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES Event Xml x Application Home user registry handles leaked from Is there any way to tell who is accessing the registry? Registry User S- - - - - - Is there any way to tell who is accessing the registry? - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I'm getting two of these yellow warnings everyday and according to MS it's OK or it's well expected to get these type of warnings in Event Viewer but just for the sake of it is there anyway to tell which program software is causing these yellow warnings Thanks

A:Is there any way to tell who is accessing the registry?

edit

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22479-there-any-way-tell-who-accessing-registry.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello I have trouble accessing my Linksys Router model wrt54g. I don't remember changing the password and I try typing in admin for the user and none for the password. Thank you for your help.

A:Help with accessing my router

The typical router user/passwords for linksys are:

user/admin:

admin/admin
admin/
admin/pass
/admin
/pass

If need be, you can reset your router to factory defaults by holding down the "Reset" button located on the back of the device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-accessing-my-router.76020/
Relevancy 29.24%

Dear Friends

Pls help me,

when i try to access computer on the network it can not access with \\computer name . but it can access with IP address like \\192.168.1.XX

A:accessing problem

Not sure what you mean......are you trying to access another PC over a network...and 192.168.... means it is going through a Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-problem.902593/
Relevancy 29.24%

How access AppData folders.
That say, "permission declined".

Don Cole

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75227-accessing-app-data.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program if someone accessing you my mail? Can me tell is Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Napster napster Can you tell me if someone is accessing my mail? exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Can you tell me if someone is accessing my mail? iexplore exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware SecuritySuite exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Tee Desktop hijackthis sfx exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext https mail metropcs com metromail ailtoaddr Fitz Stephens SMTP email protected obfuscated O - HKLM Run NapsterShell C Program Files Napster napster exe systray O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http housecall trendmicro com ho vex hcImpl cab O - DPF E A BF-FD - A- C- EB E AE Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http housecall trendmicro com ho vex hcImpl cab O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - AOL LLC - C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Network Proxy ccProxy - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service HP WMI Interface hpqwmi - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P - C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe O - Service IS Service ISSVC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe O - Service LexBce Server LexBceS - Lexmark International Inc - C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE O - Service LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service LightScribeService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe O - Service Symantec SPBBCSvc SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe O - Service SymWMI Service SymWSC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe O - Service WAN Miniport ATW Service WANMiniportService - America Online Inc - C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe I deleted most of the other lines ... Read more

A:Can you tell me if someone is accessing my mail?

I have replied here http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/574087-hijack-line-puzzles-me.html

this is closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-tell-me-if-someone-is-accessing-my-mail.574289/