Windows Support Forum

Solved: 'Found New Hardware' bootup issue

Q: Solved: 'Found New Hardware' bootup issue

I installed a Pioneer DVD R/RW into a Dell XP pro machine. Before connecting the cables I downloaded the drivers from the Pioneer website because there was no disc available. I shut down, connected cables, rebooted, went through the found new hardware prompts. The auto driver installer was unable to see the drivers I downloaded. There was an UPGDVD.exe file that accessed DOS and updated the drivers that way. The device works fine.

The problem is that I still get a "new hardware found" popup upon start up and following the instructions w/ automatically searching or looking in a specific place is unsuccessful. The device still works fine after canceling the pop up. It is just annoying and I would like to remedy it.

Device manager sees the DVD burner and says it is working properly.

Suggestions?? Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: 'Found New Hardware' bootup issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

I'm a newbie & I don't know which forum to go to, sorry if I'm in the wrong one. I've loaded winxp on my system & before I could finish protecting it, norton's & spyware programs, a virus or something got on my drives (got 2) and now every time I bootup I get "found new hardware" & it finds both my disk drives & my cd drives as well as some that have symbols & numbers in them. I've seen this before on my neighbors pc & they had to format & start over, that fixed theirs. I don't want to format my d drive because of all the data on it. I have a backup, but not a current one. besides its a lot of work to restore it. has anyone seen this problem & how do I fix it!!!!!

Puterdude

A:on every bootup I get found new hardware

use your existing protection to attemp to rid your computer of the malicious code. you may have to download one or more removal tools (security.symantec.com). which particular protective softwares do you have already? make sure they are both upo-to date before going after the viruses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-every-bootup-i-get-found-new-hardware.30290/
Relevancy 70.95%

Happened about 20 seconds after logging in, no idea why, maybe it was something i downloaded? Ive run malwarebytes, MSSE, all clear

can someone help identify the problem?

Thanks in advance, you guys are lifesavers!

A:BSOD After bootup. No new hardware - Driver issue?

What about the network adapter issue? You did not responded there. I think you should have marked that one as solved before starting a new discussion.
Seemingly random BSOD - PFN list corrupt

This time it is a display issue. And the display driver is the latest, 340.52 WHQL.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take the 15 minutes benchmark test.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800b6b3010, fffff8800f5c193c, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+15393c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800b6b3010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800f5c193c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+15393c
fffff880`0f5c193c 48ff256d6d7200 jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x87a6b0 (fffff880`0fce86b0)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`029c71c8 fffff880`10159134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0b6b3010 fffff880`0f5c193c 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`029c71d0 fffff880`10158e3e : fffff880`0f5c193c fffffa80`0b6b3010 fffffa80`0b60fa60 fffffa80`0a4c8410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`029c7210 fffff880`0f40ff13 : fffffa80`0b6b3010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b60fa60 fffffa80`0a4c8410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`029c7240 fffff880`0f43ded6 : fffffa80`ffffffff 00000000`0000523b fffff880`029c7390 00000000`00000005 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`029c7320 fffff880`0f423ce9 : fffffa80`0a4ea000 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000005 fffff880`0f55852a : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`029c7360 fffff880`0f426be7 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b606010 fffff8a0`09e05250 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::xWaitForAllEngines+0x1e9
fffff880`029c7460 fffff880`0f4252d8 : fffff8a0`09e05250 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a4ea000 00000004`00000005 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBuffer+0xd7
fffff880`029c74a0 fffff880`0f42522e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0a4ea000 fffff880`0f423b56 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x34
fffff880`029c7630 fffff880`0f42e77e : fffffa80`0a2cb930 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegment+0x13e
fffff880`029c76a0 fffff880`0f42e527 : fffff8a0`09e05250 00000000`00001000 fffffa80`0a2cb930 fffff8a0`09e05250 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::UnmapApertureRange+0x7a
fffff880... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/341527-bsod-after-bootup-no-new-hardware-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Video Controller (VGA)
Hi,
I recently started to receiving message when I start my computer indicating I need to install Video Controller and VGA. I don't have the CD roms for this so I am not sure what to do.

Also, my computer has started to run slightly slower due to this issue.

My computer is an Acer 5601AWLMi

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi bleepingcomputer team My PC has been behaving strangely the last few days It first froze several days ago so i did a scan with Malwarebytes and Avast which found a few problems each Then my pc froze again later that day Now all it does or issue hardware found Rat Spyware ?Pro is lock up badly on anything i do wether opening a file picture internet task manager you name it my pc just hangs for around - mins then is ok until i attempt anything else andit hangs again Especially if i do a Spyware or hardware issue ?Pro Rat found right click or press the windows start button I was worried that maybe it was a hardware issue like my HDD for instance but I can run perfectly well in safe mode with networking which is what i am doing at this moment I have made a full back up of my files I also restored back days but no joy When i am able to run task manager the CPU is only on or so no issue there I have ran Malwarebytes Avast and S amp D today only Malwarebytes picked up anything and it was called Rogue Crusader I have done the recommended scans and logs as recommended by admin I look forward to any help virus or otherwise thanks John Here are the reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by User at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP avast antivirus VPS - enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files IncrediMail Bin IncMail exeC Program Files IncrediMail Bin ImApp exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Users User Downloads dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mystart incredimail com uSEARCH PAGE hxxp uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http uk yahoo comuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie mStart Page hxxp en uk acer yahoo commDefault Page URL hxxp en uk acer yahoo comuSearchURL Default hxxp uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http uk yahoo comuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - uURLSearchHooks Softonic-Eng Toolbar b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - c program files softonic-eng tbSoft dllmURLSearchHooks Softonic-Eng Toolbar b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - c program files softonic-eng tbSoft dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Softonic-Eng Toolbar b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - c program files softonic-eng tbSoft dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Buyertools c a - - -ac e-e d e - c progra buyert IEBUTT DLLBHO ShowBarObj Class a f b - a - aa - d - b b e - c windows system ActiveToolBand dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllTB Acer eDataSecurity Management cbe b c- e - e-a dd- db e - c windows system eDStoolbar dllTB Softonic-Eng Toolbar b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - c program files softonic-en... Read more

A:Spyware or hardware issue ?Pro Rat found

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5startexplorer.exewinlogon.exehlp.dat/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352647/spyware-or-hardware-issue-pro-rat-found/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm having an issue. I'm trying to install the driver for my new Webcam, but it won't work. The system currently can;t detect it.

New found hardware is doing this: http://i47.tinypic.com/28rlaq1.jpg
However, I don't have the disc, as my computer is second hand.

Anywhere else I could get the drivers, or any way to fix this without the disc?

Cheers.

A:New Found Hardware issue XP (drivers)

They had them at Tiny PC the last time I looked,
but if you borrow a Windows XP Home SP2 disk, it should work for you for the drivers...
Do you have the product ID for your WXPH version?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-found-hardware-issue-xp-drivers.149434/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a computer that I sent with another guy to another office to utilize his software on his computer on their network They had to screw with the settings to get his computer on their network domain then when he brought it back I had to unscrew it as we does with Help I and still hardware" an annoying MBAM after it issue, new ran clean "found are P P in a workgroup He is now able to remote login to Help with an annoying "found new hardware" issue, I ran MBAM and after clean still does it their computers from here if needed The thing is since hes been back with his computer everytime windows starts it would come up with found new hardware pop up screens Very annoying Help with an annoying "found new hardware" issue, I ran MBAM and after clean still does it and couldnt find anything to install so everytime they came up I worked on his Help with an annoying "found new hardware" issue, I ran MBAM and after clean still does it computer and did some of the stuff I usually do and I got it to where only pop-ups were coming up each time I used MBAM's Latest version on it and it found items I deleted them reran and it found one more reran again and it said it was clean After rebooting all those times after each scan the pop-ups stopped Rebooted after the last one and the pop ups came back UGH I ran HJT just to see before performing the MBAM and then after the popups came back reran HJT The logs looks pretty much the same There was a few items in section that look corrupt and looks like something to do with installing just not sure if these are causing the problems I Bolded the items in question below Please see if there is anything else that looks bad I also have included the MBAM report below the HJT report One other thing the System restore option is greyed out and wont let me turn it off I checked the group policies and it didnt seem that was blocking the system restore as those options were not configured Not sure if it has anything to do with whats going on Any help is appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Remote Desktop Control apc host exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC PROGRA HEWLET Toolbox STATUS STATUS EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeJ JJC FILES hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page h... Read more

A:Help with an annoying "found new hardware" issue, I ran MBAM and after clean still does it

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249428/help-with-an-annoying-found-new-hardware-issue-i-ran-mbam-and-after-clean-still-does-it/
Relevancy 62.78%

All:

When I reboot my laptop, I get a message that new hardware has been found, however, I do not have anything attached to the laptop. How can I get rid of those anoying messages?
Thanks!!!

Relevancy 58.91%

When I bootup my PC i see 2 profiles to logon as which I can click on to. One is admin, the other is my name. I just want the one with my name to be there so my PC boots right up to my desktop. I tried start>run and type "control userpassword2" without the quotes but no window pops up to change it. Is there another way to accomplish this? Plz let me know.

thx

A:Solved: I want to bootup to my desktop issue

thx.....................

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-want-to-bootup-to-my-desktop-issue.848676/
Relevancy 57.62%

My Philips sound card has gone south. Might be my fault, but I have ordered a new card. Before it bit the dust I had tried to reinstall the card several times and things had gotten kind of corrupted and I was getting the found new hardware at every boot up. I have removed the card and its software from my computer but I am still getting the found new hardware notice relating to multimedia audio Controller. In Device Manager there is a yellow questionmark for Other Devices. However there is no identification under properties as to what this other device is. I have no idea what it is referring to. Any ideas?

Relevancy 57.62%

It all started when I tried to burn a CD this morning. Real Player said it could not locate my CD burner. I have had no problems before this. I checked the Device manager and under the DVD\CD-ROM Drives it shows the yellow circle with the black exclamation point next to HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC 4482B. I did not think this was a driver issue but tried to update the driver anyway. I go through the steps to pick the driver. After I do that the next screen says there was a problem installing this hardware CD-ROM drive. Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware, but cannot find the hardware device (code 41). I tried the troubleshooter but it gave me no help.

I am running Win XP SP2, on a Gateway DX200, Pent 4, 1.99 GB Ram. This is the DVD\CD Hardware that came with my PC. Thanks for any help...CG

A:Solved: DVD\CD Hardware not found?

Try:

1. Click on START button, the click on RUN.
2. Enter REGEDIT and press Enter.
3. When REGEDIT starts, open up the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/
{4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
4. After clicking on {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you should see two settings on the right-hand side:
"Upperfilters"
"Lowerfilters"
Click on each of them, press DELETE and click YES.
Or you can download this reg file to do the same thing. Or CDGone Variant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-cd-hardware-not-found.725022/
Relevancy 57.19%

Recently, after some "cleanup", at start get "found new hardware,etc". Find that PCI modem is "not configured correctly code1" from Device mgr . Also DM state no driver files installed OR REQUIRED . The modem came with the computer years ago. The other problem is that IF there were drivers, it asks for installation disc - never had one. The DM screen in that sequence gives me no other choices. I am at a dead end
Have option to disable or uninstall should I?? Computer works normally as far as I can tell other than getting the :"Found new Hdw" every time I turn it on.

Possibly a related issue is that about every 3 weeks or so, get that message and it turns out that my printer has disappeared and I have to reinstall it.

Relevancy 57.19%

I’m just full of question since I got the second computer. I have two conflicts in device manager that I would like to get rid of.

One is an ethernet controller that is on board. I no longer use this one since I went wireless and tried to disable it, delete it, everything but pull it off the mobo. The other is an unknown PCI device. I would try to install the drivers, then disable if I knew what the manufacturer was.

How can I keep the “Found New Hardware” message from popping up every boot?

Thanks again,
Randall

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi been having this problem for a while now but just keep ignoring it but this site has been very helpfully in previous issues Ive had. I keep getting two pop ups when i start up my computer the
FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD one is
(multimedia audio controller)
and the other is
(Sm bus controller)
Ive followed the instructions on the pop ups but to know end it can find the software etc
So I usually just cancel them and every think just seems to work OK any advice please

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all Every time I start my computer a bubble appears with Found New Hardware in it and refers to a printer It does not say what make or model just quot printer quot I have a Lexmark Z installed and working fine on this computer Windows tries to install the new hardware New Hardware-Printer Solved: Found then tells me that it was not able to install it because the software was not found Only the Z shows up in my Printers and Faxes folder of Control Panel I even put a checkmark in the box that says quot Do not prompt me again to install this hardware quot and it still prompts me each time I start the computer I have uninstalled my Lexmark Z and Solved: Found New Hardware-Printer that does not Solved: Found New Hardware-Printer help Last week I installed a printer which I had bought at a garage sale on this computer to make sure that it works ok It is a Kodak PPM manufactured for Kodak by Lexmark It worked fine and I have it installed now on another computer However after I used that Solved: Found New Hardware-Printer printer on this computer I could not access any printer because my Print Spooler would not start Yesterday I did a repair install with my XP Home Edition and that corrected the spooler problem but now I have this quot New Hardware Found quot problem Anyone have suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all. I just reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows after a nasty run-in with a trojan. Everything seems to be in order except my networking. I plugged in my ethernet connection and nothing happened, when usually it will recognize it. when I tried to open IE to double check and it opened the network connection wizard window. When I selected "join local network" it said that my hardware was not found. My guess is that my drivers are messed up somehow with my networking (the ethernet port is built in though, it's not external.) I have all my system disks, and when I put in the Dell Resource and Drivers CD it just came up with a self-help window that gave me nothing. Thanks in advance for your help!

Erik

Relevancy 57.19%

Every time I start my computer I get the "found new hardware wizard" even though I haven't installed any new hardware. When I clicked on it to see what hardware it was talking about it told me it was Navex15 and was going to search for software for it. I canceled this, because I don't know what that is. Please help.

Relevancy 57.19%

I had trouble installing a lexmark printer. When I used the set up CD, it never seemed to fully install the driver, so I resorted to using the Printer Wizard on Windows XP. Big mistake. The printer works fine and when I look in the control panel I can see the printer there. However, the Found New Hardware Wizard keeps popping up every 5-10 seconds saying:
'Cannot install the hardware. There was a problem with the following device (Lexmark Series 2300 Printer) An error occured during installation of this device. The system cannot find he file specified. Click finish to close the Wizard.'

I have clicked 'finish' numerous time to no avail. In fact, the problem was so bad that I had to get off my PC (where I was installing the printer) and use my lap top just to get online and write this!

I just shouldn't be allowed to be near technology...

A:Solved: Found New Hardware Wiz Annoying Pop Up

Uninstall the existing printer driver. You might tap 'F8' at startup to do this in safe mode. Once you have it uninstalled download this driver:http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2...ndows-98-me-2000-xp-xp-x64-free-download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-found-new-hardware-wiz-annoying-pop-up.430453/
Relevancy 56.33%

What am I missing here? I bought a Mitsumi external usb floppy drive on eBay. Plug it in either an Intel or nVidia chipset desktop machine with XP SP-2 and I get the Found New Hardware and Unknown Device boxes at the toolbar. This is confirmed in Device Manager. The enclosed floppy is a model D353G. The enclosure is marked "Generic USB FDD (UD-376)." The software known as "USBDeview" can tell me little about it, but it does see the firmware as "1.03" and lists vendor and product ids.

Since I shouldn't need USB drivers for XP with SP-2, am I missing the obvious, or have I been screwed by a zealous seller? tia

Merry Christmas! btw

tj

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Compaq presario SR1250NX running Win XP Home. There is an Ethernet card that I can not seem to find the driver for, I had just currently did a recovery on this computer and can't seem to figure out the Ethernet card situation. The card is a Hawking Technology PN102TXA. I have searched their site and all I could find for downloads were for Win 95, 98, ME and for NT. I have searched everything I could think of to find the download, Please help me, Thank You

Relevancy 56.33%

I just instaled a LiteOn SATA DVD burner to an ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard. It powers up, the tray opens and shuts, but it is not recognised by the operating system or the bios. All the SATA ports are turned on and SATA 1 and 2 work fo my raid drive. I have it installed in SATA port three.
I'm running XP with sp3.
My other DVD is an IDE set up as Master.
I'm scratching my head over this one. Maybe it's so obvious that I'm not seeing it.

Thanks in advance for any help

A:Solved: SATA DVD not found after hardware installation

I tried the dvd in SATA port 4 and it worked fine. Don't know why port 3 woudn't work, but it really dosen't matter at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-dvd-not-found-after-hardware-installation.836879/
Relevancy 56.33%

The other day the fan started running fast and loud. I pulled the Ethernet cable to plug into the laptop and turned off the desktop. When I plugged it back in and turned on the desktop, it says it found new hardware: Ethernet Controller. In Device Manager Other Devices has the yellow ? and ! After spending 3 hours in Chat with Dell yesterday, they had me download the Intel drivers, updated video driver and updated BIOs. My machine didn't like the updated video driver (giving me the BSD), so that was changed. However, I still get the Found New Hardware on bootup and have no internet connection. I put the files in the Dell drivers folder. There are no other yellow marks in any other category.

Of course their solution was to reformat my machine.

I'm using Windows XP sp 3.

Thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

The wizard starts at start up, it identifies a infrared device. I have no device attached. I have used the do not prompt me again check box but it keeps coming up at start up.
I went to the device manager -Infrared device/unknown device properties, driver tab,driver details. only one driver file appears- C:\windows\system32\drivers\irenum.sys
I recently had to reformat all hard drives and reinstall windows and did all updates. I had a malware virus that attacked AVG and my foxfire environment. From my research it came out this year. my own stupidity let it in. All systems work fine now except this wizard pop up at start up. I do not want to remove the device from my device manager without some knowledge as to why it appeared there.

A:Solved: new found hardware wizard keeps opening at start up

Did you try going to Device Manager and checking for the device with a yellow exclamation point. If so, highlight the device, select properties, disable device. this should stop the search for drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-found-hardware-wizard-keeps-opening-at-start-up.793900/
Relevancy 54.18%

It may be a Virus, but no one in that forum has responded to my post. I have a Compaq Presario V2000 with windows xp and right about the time it loads the icons it starts reloading the desktop. You can access the taskmanager and a few other things for just a few seconds before it starts to reload. What kind of issue could this be?

A:Solved: Possible hardware issue

It may very well be a virus but you won't be able to tell if you can't boot up in safe mode and perform a virus can. Have you tried that yet?

Have you tried booting from an Ubuntu live cd maybe? Honestly, if it's ALWAYS doing this and you can replicate the problem, more than likely it's NOT hardware, however you might want to run a harddrive diagnostic and maybe a memory scan as well.

That's about as much help as I can give you with the limited information you provided.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-possible-hardware-issue.790219/
Relevancy 53.75%

i think this is the right forums, anyway here i go:

i get the following problems when booting up the computer and doesnt allow me to complete the booting up process i.e freezes when booting up

here are the following messages:

Keyboard error or no keyboard present
Suggested SDram CAS Latency time is "2"
Conflict I/O ports:378
Floppy disk(s) fail (IO)

these messages are random and different every time i start up

the mouse doesnt work either in safe mode and all the connections are secure to the computer, at times the keyboard works. The only reason i can think of these errors is that after using an application that froze the computer i got this.

any help would be great
thank you

A:Bootup issues with hardware

sorry for double post:

i have a:

P2 333mhz
64mb ram
4.3gb hdd
windows 98

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bootup-issues-with-hardware.169632/
Relevancy 53.32%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp N Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand issue driver Solved: Hardware Scanner Enabled Alright her goes another question for you all I have this wonderful program called perfect photo suite which i would love to use on this computer now It says that my video card doesn t support open GL I have googled this and found that my hardware will support open GL but the issue is i don t know how to update my hardware to allow this program to work I went onto dells website and thought i downloaded the updates but how do i know that i did Solved: Hardware driver issue and how do i know which video card is running at present time Do you understand what i am trying to say i can give information if needed TIA Paulina nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I get this message, "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 311.06 stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Shortly after the computer screen turns black freezes up the colors sometimes go funny, sometimes the screen continually flashes..weird things like that. Then I get a blue screen with white text (Passes for like 5 seconds) and then the computer restarts.. I cant even open a window browser before the computer does this.

I am currently typing this on the same computer, but in "Safe Mode" and everything seems to work fine now.

I am currently running Windows 7 64 bit. This is not a new setup, computer hardware is about 8-9 years old at this point..

The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully I can get my computer back to working condition again.

Tom

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there Im currently working on issue? Software [SOLVED] or Hardware a pc that is giving me a bit of a hassel [SOLVED] Hardware or Software issue? let me explaine the senorio Pc was working fine and all of a sudden the screen went black i then restarted the pc considering that was my only option I have some experience with computers so i opened it up and replaced the Graphics card with a new one - PC boots up POST is visible but once entering into few xp's desktop screen goes black no beeps amp all harware seems to be working I then replaced [SOLVED] Hardware or Software issue? the PSU with a spare and same problem Replaced the RAM module and same problem Tested the Monitor amp is working I have the motherboard outside the pc with new RAM new PSU new Graphics Card amp original HDD connected but just wont boot into windows with normal display The Motherboard is an early p ASUS P V -MX RAM MB PC New PSU Procase W New AGP ATI Radeon GE CPU GB Cel Socket Oh and i've did the whole trial amp error with the onboard display - same prob Im thinking bout maybe putting a new Hard Drive on and reformating it loading xp and retesting old parts

A:[SOLVED] Hardware or Software issue?

Hi Sublime and welcome to TSF !

Have you tried safe mode or last known good configuration ? Repeatedly press F8 while windows starts.

If safe mode doesn't work with the dedicated video card then unplug the radeon 9550, reset the CMOS, enter the BIOS to check that the video is set to use the onboard GPU and try to get within Windows in safe mode with the onboard video.

Enter the BIOS at startup and tell us about the temps, fan speeds and voltages you'll see in the hardware monitor or pc health status screen (if there's such a screen).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hardware-or-software-issue-260229.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been tinkering with computers since about and this is the first time I have ever come up against this issue and it is driving me insane Out of the blue when I reformatted Which I do every months or so out of habbit my video card would show up in my hardware manager about times This caused multiple problems including not starting up or blue screening If all video drivers are uninstalled it will show up as uninstalled drivers times but works just fine The solution is not so simple as changing drivers or trying another format I have formatted well over times I have even changed out my motherboard due to unrelated issues and put in a D PERL When I installed the mobo and formatted the computer it worked great It recognized my video correctly and worked for about a month Tonight after doing a registry cleaning and a defrag it popped up the seperate drivers again Attached is what my hardware manager shows after I have installed the newest ATI drivers It was also taken right after a fresh format and the only thing installed in pretty much windows updates Solved: Issue Very Hardware Annoying My main question is has anyone ever seen this before I have tried every driver related fix that I can think of Help Thanks Solved: Very Annoying Hardware Issue in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have an ASUS EAH 4870 512 Gb card running on an ASUS P5Q Deluxe mobo. Can I set up another Palit Dual cooler 4870 1 Gb on the second slot in crossfire mode? My OS is Win XP PRO. My PSU is a Cooler Master Real Power 850 watt.

A:Solved: Crossfire hardware issue

You can, but the Palit will work as a 512 MB card. There could also be compatibility issues, so I'd recommend getting another Asus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-crossfire-hardware-issue.842794/
Relevancy 53.32%

For some reason, after I installed new memory in my Dell Desktop, the machine starts "finding new hardware", it finds the Lexmark z53 printer which is already connected, installed and is working fine. It then jumps right to the end of the finding new hardware setup and says "there is a problem installing" and it gives the option to Finish, no other options are available. So I hit Finish hoping the new hardware setup will just go away as the printer is working fine and communicating with XP (I can print a test page). But, it continues and goes right back to finding new hardware and then pops up the screen again "there is a problem installing" and so on and so on. It won't stop. I can't figure out why it keeps seeing it as new hardware when it is obviously installed and working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David W. Norman

A:[SOLVED] Finding New Hardware Issue???

Verify that, in the C:\Windows\inf folder, the usbprint.inf and usbprint.PNF exist and have their full .inf and .pnf extensions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-finding-new-hardware-issue-425057.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Win 98 on a Pentium 133.
PC boots past the BIOS, it seems, and then hangs and freezes when the screen says:
"Scanning DMI pool...."

This happens on boot to floppy or to hard drive.

What's that mean?

Relevancy 52.89%

On this home built machine I've had a number of BSODs which I thought were related to the use of one program ARMAII Over the past week the problems have extended themselves to startup instances where I don't touch the program such as [SOLVED] hardware BSODs, issue? Win7x64HomePrem failed startups and a failed windows memory test which [SOLVED] Win7x64HomePrem BSODs, hardware issue? identified misc harware issues as the problem I have [SOLVED] Win7x64HomePrem BSODs, hardware issue? a number of errors and warnings noted in the Event viewer If I completed the filter correctly then the attached Event Viewer log RAR file contains all Errors and Warnings since I installed Win x I have previously run memtest v for hrs with no problems but that was under XPsp in June Computer assembled in May-June from new core components Upgrade from XP to Win x a couple months ago-fresh install amp format The computer and [SOLVED] Win7x64HomePrem BSODs, hardware issue? OS are as follows Belarc Advisor report OS Windows Home Premium x build Processor Ghz Intel Core Duo E OC to Main Circuit Board Board Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -UD L Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc F Memory Gskill DDDR - Gx F - CL D- GBPK

A:[SOLVED] Win7x64HomePrem BSODs, hardware issue?

Hi and welcome to TSF run memtest86+,run chkdsk,and sfc /scannow can you please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html and attach the info to your next post it will give someone here a chance to run things through a debug and start to track down your other issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-win7x64homeprem-bsods-hardware-issue-450470.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all Been a while since I posted but just finished school and starting to get back into tech work but anyway I ve got a problem Trouble narrowing Solved: down issue hardware narrowing down a hardware issue I ve come across I have a dead machine that won t power on It acts like it s not recieving power you press power button and NOTHING happens Solved: Trouble narrowing down hardware issue I checked all connections motherboard LED s are on No hd activity fans spining up POST beeps or any indication that the power button was pressed I checked the power switch on the powersupply it s in the correct position unplugging and replugging the Solved: Trouble narrowing down hardware issue power cord the lights on the PSU come on fan spins etc So after all I ve done I m pretty sure it s either the power supply MoBo or processor Right now I m leaning to the problem being with a dead processor but I don t have a spare laying around to confirm Plus this is an older PC - years old so I m not really even sure if it s worth it So what do you guys think I hate to try and hunt down a new processor only to find it s a dead mobo psu System specs Asus P AD Premium Intel P think this is the processor but not sure X OCZ not sure on specifics here either X GB WD raptors in raid which could become a problem nbsp

A:Solved: Trouble narrowing down hardware issue

I'd look thru the local phonebook for a computer repair shop that offers free estimates. They will hook it up to a diagnostic and tell you what's wrong and how much to repair it. You can decide if it's more cost effective to let them do it or just take it home and fix it yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-narrowing-down-hardware-issue.886120/
Relevancy 52.89%

How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup to avoid hardware detection?

I want to change all serial numbers and MAC addresses to random ones.

This is for Windows Vista.

A:How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup?

Why?

What good will it do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-randomize-all-hardware-serial-numbers-each-bootup.829226/
Relevancy 52.89%

How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup to avoid hardware detection?

I want to change all serial numbers and MAC addresses to random ones.

This is for Windows Vista.

A:How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup?

Not sure how about the serial numbers or why you're doing this, but there are command line programs to change MAC addresses, it should be easy enough to write a program to send random values to it on boot up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-randomize-all-hardware-serial-numbers-each-bootup-378433.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I have Windows 7 Pro and this just started happening a few days ago:

I have recently uninstalled Office 2010, and then reinstalled it. After doing so my computer boots up slower now and starts Windows with a black desktop (No icons, nothing only the SuperBar). After a few seconds (around 5/10) the desktop shows.

I don't believe its ever did this before.
Office should have added a Q drive for its self it did not do that this time.

Is the any reason that Windows starts with a Black screen?

Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Slow bootup - Black Desktop after Bootup

Office does not add any Drive letters when you install it. If you want to map a different drive or partition to save your Office Files to, you have to do this manually.
Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD.exe icon in the search results and Run as Administrator. In the Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y and reboot the computer. the Check Disk utility will run at next boot up and try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-slow-bootup-black-desktop-after-bootup-607090.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running Windows on an HP Pavilion desktop and the system has been quite stable since installing Win upgraded from a stable Win until the past several days when booting up past the initial screens with BIOS info brings the message MBR not found insert System Disk restart computer I believe I understand what this message means Of course I have no System Disk to insert etc However if I force a total power shutdown and then restart in a few minutes the bootup routine proceeds as expected that is Windows loads and the computer behaves normally This has worked every time the issue has appeared Does this suggest my hard drive is about to fail I have been Found Bootup on try at first MBR Not careful to keep a complete MBR Not Found at Bootup on first try backup of documents pictures etc on the drive and periodically use EaseUS Backup to create an image to restore Windows so I am not in panic mode - yet The drive has been in use almost daily for half a dozen years or more and until now I have had no reason to suspect any operational problem Might it help to run a disk utility from Seagate or another source The HD is a Western Digital as I recall Thanks for advice

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623483/mbr-not-found-at-bootup-on-first-try/
Relevancy 52.46%

Since upgrading my MSI motherboard from the automatic upgrade MSI notice I get messages of new hardware by my installed XP Home. However, Windows fails to find drivers for it.
This also happens to FlashSYS, similar story.
A web search shows others in the same situation.

Help! anyone? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webntaccess-new-hardware-4-msi-found-by-xp-but-no-driver-found.26977/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I'm doing something graphically demanding like a video game Black issue [SOLVED] Buzzing hardware and Screen my computer crashes to a black screen and a buzzing coming from my speakers and I have to hard reset It use to only do it when doing games [SOLVED] Black Screen and Buzzing hardware issue like ArmaII but now it does it in minecraft and BF I have cleaned the inside of my computer and I have checked temperatures in BIOS and rd party and they are in a good range I have done a clean install of windows and re-installed all my drivers So I am sure this is a hardware problem Someone suggested that it might be a power supply problem but I think it may be with my video card What do you think is wrong with it What should I do replace CPU AMD Phenom II X C Deneb nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A GTD-PRO AM Graphics MAGNAVOX x AL W x ATI Radeon HD Series Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EALS- Z A ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST BD-RE UH LS ATA Device

A:[SOLVED] Black Screen and Buzzing hardware issue

Lets see if the voltages can tell us anything.

D/L and run Hardware Monitor do something intense like a virus scan or gaming for a bit, Alt+Tab back to HWM expand all the trees and use the Win7 snipping tool to grab a screen shot of the HWM window, post the screen shot using the paperclip button in the advanced message box(Go Advanced button).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-black-screen-and-buzzing-hardware-issue-677460.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so Hardware/Windows Shared Issue Memory Solved: I Solved: Hardware/Windows Shared Memory Issue realize this Thread is supposed to be for Hardware However my Question is both a Hardware and Software related Question so here goes First My System Info Foxconn A GMV Mobo AMD Phenom II x BE Ghz Unlocked via Core Release to AMD Phenom II x B Ghz Mushkin Gb DDR x Gb PC Dual Channel Mode Integrated IGP AMD Radeon HD Graphics Watt HP Server Power Supply In A Dell Dimension Mini Tower Case Added an AMD rpm CPU Fan behind the Air Scoop in the front Bezel Face Plate Rear System Fan is an Insanely High CFM Pressure Generic rpm mm Case Fan CPU Cooler is Stock AMD AM AM rpm Heatsink Fan Combo Optical Drive - Philips Dual Layer DVD-RAM DVD-R W Sata- quot HDD Gb Toshiba Sata- quot HDD Tb Toshiba Sata- quot HDD Tb Toshiba Sata- quot PCI- Port USB Hub Card PCI- PCI to PCMCIA Adapter Card w Netgear RangeMax WPN- WiFi Card Inserted quot Bay- is an quot to quot HDD Adapter Tray with Vents and x USB Connected to Mobo Bottom x USB in Front Face Plate Bezel Connected to Mobo Currently Running Windows x Ultimate Ok Now Comes The Fun Part So the problem that I am having is this In the BIOS I can either set my Graphics Card to Auto- Mb- Mb-or- MB Now that is fine by me However Said HyperMemory is more than enough to meat my modest needs and when I go into Windows Windows see s that hey you have Mb or MB etc However that is not enough for Windows NOPE damn Microsoft have to force the Issue making it so that Windows then STEALS Another Gb of my RAM for Shared Video Memory Deep Breath What I want to know is this Since windows sees the HyperMemory as Dedicated Video RAM is there Some way that I can FORCE Windows to Not be allowed to Steal even more RAM for Shared Memory I would like to have my system set up so that the Only Video Memory will be the HyperMemory that I have told the BIOS to Allocate to my Video Card And Is what I want to do even remotely possible Any Help In This Matter Will Be Greatly Appreciated Thank You In Advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I just upgraded my PC with a new Mobo CPU and RAM Core i GB X -UDR mobo Corsair triple channel DDR and have an issue I don't think it is hardware related I'll go post in building if I learn otherwise I have a good POST BIOS reports CPU and RAM correctly etc But the boot fails as Windows tries to start I get the Windows logo Windows I believe computer [SOLVED] hardware, issue, Upgrading the swirling colored dots then a blue screen failure I did the [SOLVED] Upgrading computer hardware, Windows issue, I believe startup repair diagnostics upon restart and the Windows memory [SOLVED] Upgrading computer hardware, Windows issue, I believe test with no issues So I don't think we have a hardware issue here Then I went to the command prompt also available in the startup repair choices and it reported the hard drive as x windows system I entered c and did a dir p and it returns quot file not found the volume is system reserved quot What I wonder is if this is a result of the hardware change locking out Windows it was originally a Win Pro OEM install and I have purchased another copy of the same that I was hoping to be able to install over the top of the existing to save my programs and settings Is what I am doing somehow prevented by MS policy even though I have another license If that's the case I can do a fresh install though I'd really rather avoid it if I can

A:[SOLVED] Upgrading computer hardware, Windows issue, I believe

Hi -

What was the info on the BSOD (Blue Screen)?

Look for something like -

STOP 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, ......)

There may be a driver name below it like abcdef.sys

I don't understand why you would purchase an identical copy or Windows 7 Pro OEM.

The reason for c: = "system reserved" when trying to access it during installation from the x: drive -- x: = RAMDISK used to load Windows into RAM during installation; c: is the system reserved partition created by Windows, which then loses its drive letter and becomes hidden leaving c: available for the OS drive letter.

Wiping the HDD and fresh install is really the best option here.

http://jcgriff2.com/killdisk_imgburn.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-upgrading-computer-hardware-windows-issue-i-believe-514374.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Gateway DX - Windows Home Premium -bit AMD Phenom II X Quad-Core processor Windows Media Center ATI Radeon HD Integrated Graphics GB DDR HDMI TB Hard Drive A few weeks ago my monitor started to go black while computer was on I would see it say amp No Video Signal from Issue: Video Signal Monitor Hardware No Solved: amp I thought it was maybe going to sleep so I went into the power management settings and toggled everything to not go to sleep or hibernate Problem still persisted I then thought it was the onboard graphics so I bought a graphics card installed it and problem still persisted I then thought it was the monitor so I swapped out the monitor to another computer problem still persisted I then changed from VGA cable to DVI cable problem was still there I then swapped out the original VGA with another that I had problem still persisted I amp ve been into the BIOS and the settings seem to be appropriate to me E g changed the onboard to PCIe or PCI Whatever the case needed Downloaded drivers for ATI Radeon HD I amp ve used to be able to get into Safe Mode but now it hangs at ATIPCIE SYS file I have spent countless hours trying to Solved: Hardware Issue: No Video Signal from Monitor troubleshoot this issue done a lot of research on the internet and still am unable to resolve this issue I am left to think that the onboard graphics is damaged on the motherboard I don amp t know Solved: Hardware Issue: No Video Signal from Monitor Any suggestions Here are the specs your recommended tool showed Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Solved: Hardware Issue: No Video Signal from Monitor Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway RS Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated and Enabled Thanks Stormy A Certified PC Repair Consultant nbsp

A:Solved: Hardware Issue: No Video Signal from Monitor

I finally got my issues resolved. I ended up doing a factory reset as when I tried to a Windows 7 repair, it would not finish. So I had no choice but to do a total reinstall back to the factory settings. After eight hours of being up and running I got the "No Video Signal" again. I then changed out the Power Supply Unit with another that I had, and have not had any issues since! So, it was the Power Supply Unit that was faulty. The PSU was a FSP Group, Inc, Model No. FSP300-60THA(1) w/noise filter. After doing intensive research on this issue, I found that a lot of users with this exact same computer model have had the exact same problem but no one has figured out the cause of the problem. So here it is. Hope this helps someone.

Stormy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hardware-issue-no-video-signal-from-monitor.1061434/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey this is my first time posting here but I'm familiar with BSOD's fault. hardware during Windows bootup, suspecting forums and such Well I might as well describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion dv ca laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium CPU AMD Turion X GHz Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go M RAM Gb DDR Well Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault. this all started out a few weeks ago I was busy doing my normal stuff browsing the web talking to my friends on Skype and listening to music in iTunes when I get a notification for an update to bring iTunes up to I did the update and the process went smoothly But then things started to go horribly wrong for me During the reboot sequence Vista blue screened and went into autorestart Unfortunately I was unable to make out what the message said During POST everything was fine but when Vista tried to boot up I chose start Windows Normally when it gave me the option to it blue screened yet again during this bootup and restarted So in a rut I quickly hit f and managed to get into boot options Naturally I tried to get into safe mode BUT that's when things started to get weird It tried to boot but I got absolutely no GUI at all Explorer exe somehow didn't load up properly or anything My mouse was working as the pointer was up and I could move it around and everything but behind it was just a black screen Nothing else at all Frustrated I hard rebooted and did a system restore BUT during the restore I chose a restore point that was set the day before it gave me a message saying that the restore point could not be used please use another one That was an odd one So I fiddled around with the different restore points until I found a good one that was set before the iTunes install But then this is when things got really weird Windows finally managed to boot properly and I could get into my desktop But then I noticed that the internet wasn't connecting I tried to connect manually but Windows kept saying that the dependency group service could not be started This was getting a little odd So I tried to start it manually by going into My Computer BUT when I tried to do that Windows told me that it couldn't start it up at all and then afterwards I got BSOD' yet again Frustrated and going through a horrible anxiety attack my schoolwork and personal files are on this laptop here and I'm not one for backing up on a regular basis I tried doing another system restore THIS time it seemed to have worked out ok cause now the services had managed to get working again I'm typing this up right now on said laptop because everything's stable at the moment However I'm suspecting that Windows won't boot up right if I do a restart and go through the whole cycle yet again leaving me in an anxious mess Since I have no idea where the BSOD report dump is I checked the reliability monitor and it gave me this http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part So finally my question is what just happened How did iTunes do this DID iTunes do this Is my computer still properly stable Is a Vista reinstall in my future I need some help making sense out of my situation I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this

A:Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

UPDATE: A friend of mine that's CompTIA A+ Certified took a look at the computer finally and ran some memtests; turns out that there was a bad stick of RAM that was doing this. I'm grabbing another 1 gig stick during the weekend, so that'll be fine now.

This topic can now be closed. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-bsods-during-bootup-suspecting-hardware-fault-309627.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I am running windows xp and i recently renewed my norton antivirus subscription online and to complete it s installation it told me to re-boot I did and now my computer will not restart I get an error message saying that services exe could not be found and that I should re-install the application to fix the problem I understand what services exe does for my computer I do have a restore point set for my computer but I cant figure out how to do that since my computer stalls at the quot windows is starting up quot screen after I hit OK on not bootup found Services.exe on the error message I tried to run the computer in safe-mode comand prompt only but it wont give me the command prompt Is there a way to get a command prompt screen another way because if I can get one I know how to acess my resotre point by typing prompts I just cant get to the point where I can enter them Any help would be great THanks nbsp

A:Services.exe not found on bootup

Get your hands on a Win98 boot disk. You can get to the command prompt from it. bootdisk.com has it on there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/services-exe-not-found-on-bootup.323131/
Relevancy 51.6%

Sorry to be gone from the forums for so long but I have been trying everything and more relating to software to remedy the quot right click bogging down quot issue This includes leaving What Right-Click 100% hardwar to programs test sure Solved: Bog Down- Hardware Issue; the computer off for two months yet the issue remains This leads me to believe that it is not a software issue at all but related to Hardware alone Copied for sake of time Here is the Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Solved: Right-Click Bog Down- 100% sure Hardware Issue; What programs to test hardwar v Boot mode Normal Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe Solved: Right-Click Bog Down- 100% sure Hardware Issue; What programs to test hardwar F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system nvsvc exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE F WINDOWS system kmw run exe F WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LWEMon Solved: Right-Click Bog Down- 100% sure Hardware Issue; What programs to test hardwar exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer update realsched exe D CoreTemp CoreTemp Core Temp exe F Program Files RMClock RMClock exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings KNIGHT Desktop Exteria Mute exe D Program Files ZOTAC FireStorm Firestorm exe F Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe F Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe F Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe F Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files Opera opera exe F WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - F Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IEHlprObjClass - CE C CF - B - D -ABED- C - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run kmw run exe kmw run exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE F WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE F WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz F Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nView nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run Start WingMan Profiler C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LWEMon exe noui O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot F Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Real RealPlayer update re... Read more

A:Solved: Right-Click Bog Down- 100% sure Hardware Issue; What programs to test hardwar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-right-click-bog-down-100-sure-hardware-issue-what-programs-to-test-hardwar.1006796/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All

I have just finished a new build on a pc with the following specs:

M/B: ASUS P5N-D

Processor: Intel Quadcore Q6600

GPU: Nvidia 9600GT

RAM: 8GB DDR2

S/C:Creative Labs expansion card

The issue I'm having is that, even though both the BIOS and windows recognize that there is 8GB of RAM installed only 3.25 is 'useable'. looking around I've found that just under 5GB is 'reserved for hardware'. I can accept a GB or so being used but 5 is a little over the top.

So far I have:

checked BIOS for 'memory remap' option, which is unavailable.

updated the BIOS.

As it recognises the full 8GB I can safely say the RAM isn't faulty.
Anyone have any suggestions.

A:Solved: Memory Issue in new build relating to 'reserved for hardware'

Only about 3.25 GB RAM is usable on a computer with a 32-bit OS. The solution to your problem is a 64-bit OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-issue-in-new-build-relating-to-reserved-for-hardware.915750/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello All My mother s computer Gateway PC running XP ProShe denies dropping or hitting the computer ever She Not Found" Drive Was on "Hard bootup. did say that she had left the computer on for a couple of days with the doors to the cabinet closed It s a wooden cabinet with air holes She turned it off Then the next "Hard Drive Was Not Found" on bootup. time she turned it on she got the message quot Hard Drive "Hard Drive Was Not Found" on bootup. Was Not Found Please consult the Troubleshooting section of you User s Manual quot Full version in below When I checked out the computer this is what I did and what I found I turned on the computer and immediately could hear the drive quot clicking quot sounded like a lawn sprinkler quot click-click click-click click-click etc quot Never heard the typical quot grinding quot sound "Hard Drive Was Not Found" on bootup. Got the quot Gateway quot logo screen for about a minute Then black screen with white lettering quot Hard Drive Was Not Found Please consult the Troubleshooting section of you User s Manual quot quot Press ESC to prevent displaying this warning in future quot quot Press Enter to continue quot Pressed quot Enter quot Blinking Cursor on Black Screen like in a Dos Prompt Turned the computer off and then back on quot A Problem with the hard drive has been detected Consult the troubleshooting section of your user s manual quot quot Press Enter key to continue quot Pressed the Enter keyCHKDSK ran Verified Indexes Security Descriptors and Replacing Bad ClustersThen went back to the message from above Hit Enter again quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt Windows system hal dll quot Please reinstall a copy I tried inserting the OS Disc and restarting the computer Off On button but got the same messages CheckDisk only ran that one time Is this computer toast Doc

A:"Hard Drive Was Not Found" on bootup.

FWIW: Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503 I'd run the fixmbr command from the XP Recovery Console, as a first step.Then...I would run the chkdsk /r command on that boot partition/drive, since it seems that you have some drive problems.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228383/hard-drive-was-not-found-on-bootup/
Relevancy 51.6%

I dont know what happened I tried to go back into my name after my screensaver went on and my system just sat there frozen so I shut Pro on Bootup... vgaoem.fon winXP found not it off and went into the BIOS I didnt change any options even though thats probably what did it restarted the computer and vgaoem.fon not found on winXP Pro Bootup... windows just took forever for the oot screen to come up i get an error message after about a minute that Windows system vgapem vgaoem.fon not found on winXP Pro Bootup... fon cannot be found I cant find it on the windows XP CD I cant figure out what to do vgaoem.fon not found on winXP Pro Bootup... now I dont care if I have to do a reinstall but I need to get windows into a working state so that I can get my Gigs of Data off I could try to repair the installation like I have done before choose start setup at the setup screen follow instructions to do a clean install and choose to repair the already installed windows directory will this erase my files Any other suggestions nbsp

A:vgaoem.fon not found on winXP Pro Bootup...

The repair installation won't lose your applications or files if done properly. That's the first thing I'd try. Note that you'll have to reinstall all the service packs and patches that were applied to the original installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vgaoem-fon-not-found-on-winxp-pro-bootup.431092/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello after I rebooted my computer something odd happened Windows said that new hardware was found when I didn t do anything to the computer I can t install no but hardware New added help. Hardware please new Found drivers for this thing because I have no idea what it is Looking at the device manager I see that it says its listed as PCI Input Device amd the properties for it states PCI Slot PCI bus device function This device is not configured correctly Code The Device Manager also has another device listed as an error the port of my Sound Blaster Audigy Card The properties of the Net Adapter states This device cannot start Code This device used New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help. to be working perfectly before the new PCI Input Device was found and oddly its name has changed It used to be called quot Net Adapter quot but now its name is quot New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help. Net Adapter quot as if I took out the old one and added a new one Does anyone know what is going on I haven t done anything to this computer and now these problems show up Thanks Hank nbsp

A:New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help.

Does anybody know what's going on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hardware-found-but-no-new-hardware-added-please-help.369102/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

My computer keeps rebooting continually. I get as far as the windows logo, see the BSOD for a split second and then it reboots again.

I changed the boot up order to boot from Cd rom and have been into the XP recovery console. However, the only way I can get it to ecognise my hard drive, is if I hit F6 and specify my hard disk drives. When I choose S for my own drivers it errors on one of the files. If I use windows drivers, none are selected.

The problem is that if i dont specify any, it doesnt find my hard disk drives. Is this normal and how do I fix it?

A:No hard disk drives found at bootup

Hi, Karen.

You said in your post that you get as far as the Windows logo. If you're seeing that, your computer is definitely seeing your hard drive (using a "normal" IDE drive, you should not have to press F6 to load a driver during the Windows installaion). Your problem lies elsewhere.

Have you tried going into safe mode? Boot your PC, and just before you see the first Windows screen, press the F8 key two or three times. You should get a menu with boot options. Select Safe Mode and see if you can at least get into Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-hard-disk-drives-found-at-bootup-18973.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've been using Win x for several months now without significant problems when it comes it internet networking But lately when I boot my PC more often than not something goes wrong with the network internet connectivity When I boot often Windows doesn't find the internet connection or takes a very long time to bootup not Internet system connect found/won't at do so In order to fix it I have to manually disable amp re-enable the onboard Realtek NIC thru device manager or power cycle the cable modem and or reboot the system again to get connectivity I can't tell if the problem is the Ambit cable modem or the NIC My signal quality and strength are just fine S N is dB and downstream power is - dB Any ideas why my PC won't connect to internet at boot How can I diagnose amp fix this Edit also my internet Internet not found/won't connect at system bootup speed seems very slow and erratic sometimes it's testing at mbps down other times less than for no apparent reason

A:Internet not found/won't connect at system bootup

I have had a lot of problems with these Realtek NIC's. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the NIC. Many times it fixes these issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81015-internet-not-found-wont-connect-system-bootup.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Very complicated to drive maybe? [SOLVED] BIOS 1 not found...? Primary issue explain My PC crashes again and again I've got two [SOLVED] Primary drive 1 not found...? BIOS issue maybe? hard disk I used to use one but I had returned to my other hard disk when one day I resetted my PC so no I can't get back [SOLVED] Primary drive 1 not found...? BIOS issue maybe? to my other hd which I used to use because I've wanted this configuration and worked a little slowly but good with internet on it plugged now I'm on the other one and when I want to use the internet when I click the explorer icon it doesn't even open My msn works I see my pals Online and can talk but when clicking ANY links either on msn page or in the whole computer to go there absolutely nothing happens So I would like to get to my other configuration of windows that used to work Is it a BIOS thing Can viruses penatrate the bios and change settings of which hard drive I use and shuffle files in them and quot share shuffle quot at the same time Because in my other hd I have a certain desktop background and the other another one Now i've had the background from the other hd in my current one but not the same settings Now I just can't get to windows opening it says Primary drive not found Etc Help please Scratching my head there big time Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Primary drive 1 not found...? BIOS issue maybe?

Ps: my pc is a Dell Optiplex GX270, Pent.4, 2.66GHz processor. 64.0Mb RAM, BIOS Version A03, if needed Level 2 cache: 512 kb integrated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/solved-primary-drive-1-not-found-bios-issue-maybe-659750.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm receiving this error message each time I restart my relatively new All-in-one Lenovo touchscreen PC with Intel i5 processor. the error message started after I upgraded from windows 8.1 to win 10, but it may be a coincidence and related to another update or issue. I found another thread in this website related to MOM.implementation error, but it was due to an update to an ATI video card, which I don't have on this PC.
Can anyone please help me figure out how to fix this problem?
See images below.
Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows10-bootup-error-message-mom-implemenation-not-found.1165700/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all this came up as a side effect during the epic battle I ve been having with my computer all day but I can t tell what s boot error..." Solved: during found manager an "Hardware wrong or what it s effecting When I boot up the following appears on screen at the first screen I see quot Detecting Primary Master - Maxtor H Detecting Primary Slave - None Detecting Secondary Master - Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- Detecting Secondary Slave - ASUS CD-S A Harware manager found an error Enter power setup menu for details Press F to continue F Solved: "Hardware manager found an error..." during boot to enter setup quot Now I m not very familiar with that setup screen so this is where I need help How do I determine what is wrong and what needs to be changed As far as I can tell everything is working on my computer I just formatted my C drive and reinstalled XP from CD so I know the CD drive works My C and D drives are visible and accessible and my Solved: "Hardware manager found an error..." during boot DVD-RW drive can read data if I put a CD into it I haven t tried burning anything yet as I m installing SP and other updates now Does anyone know how to solve this Thanks a lot EDIT I just went inside and dug around some more without changing anything and noticed something in red the power fan RPM I opened the case earlier today to make sure my video card was seated right and lifted up the power supply Is it possible I unplugged its fan or something Is this fixable nbsp

A:Solved: "Hardware manager found an error..." during boot

Thats probably the error, its likely detecting that the power supply fan is not working. Check to see if it came unplugged (its probably plugged into the motherboard, or should be, to enable it to be monitored).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hardware-manager-found-an-error-during-boot.369514/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys, I was having problems with my printer a while back and when all
attempts to correct the problem failed, I uninstalled it and then re-installed
and everything worked fine..... except, now, at system startup, I am getting
the "Found New Hardware" wizard popping up and attempting to reinstall the
printer software. Then another window appears requesting that I abort the
download as it has not been signed by Microsoft ..... which is not true, but
I do anyway. I am at a loss as to remove this problem, can someone please
steer me to correct this aggravation.
Thanks in advance.
Frank (birdog2)

Relevancy 49.02%

Ok so I have quite a minor issue.

When I start my computer it asks me which copy of Windows 7 I want to run.
It seems to think I have 2 installments of windows, even tho I don't.

I guess I screwed up when I got an SSD hard drive, installed windows on it, then just formated the old one.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Russ

A:Bootup "issue"

First, make certain you don't have more than one instance of Windows installed. If you do, just boot to the installation you want, open Windows Explorer, and delete the other Windows Folder. Assuming you have only one instance of Windows on your system, the easiest way to delete the unwanted boot loader entry is with EasyBCD: http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517248/bootup-issue/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer was stuck at the logging off while shutting down screen a few days ago so I had to do a forced power off pressed power button for sec When I tried to turn the computer back on it would issue Bootup HDD / now stuck on the Windows loading screen without HDD activity After several tries I attempted to run Windows Repair through Bootup / HDD issue F DVD in which I tried both the auto repair option and through command prompt with bootsect nt all sys d This method allowed the Windows to boot into the desktop sporadically and yesterday after booting into desktop I noticed that one of my HDD is missing So I tried to reboot again and noticed that the said drive would fail during Bootup / HDD issue SMART Again I ran the Windows Repair and Bootup / HDD issue tried to access it through command prompt with the following results G drive is the one with issue chkdsk f on G And through Ubuntu pendrive Ubuntu error when trying to open the HDD folder Does this mean the HDD is dead Or is this something that can be fixed through software configuration of some sort Thank you for the help

A:Bootup / HDD issue

That does not look too good. If even Ubuntu cannot open it, I would say it is history.

Next time you have to force a shutdown, do not use the power-off button. Instead press Start on your keyboard, then press the right arrow key twice, then press the letter "U". That will shut the system down in an orderly fashion. For Restart use "R".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144672-bootup-hdd-issue.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Yesterday my computer froze while opening Adobe Photoshop When it shut down on bootup it gave me an error xe a and told me to insert the recovery CD which I do not Bootup Issue have I contacted the Bootup Issue people that I got the computer from they said I could make a Bootup Issue CD by going to a microsoft link and create one When trying to do that the utility requires windows and my only other option is win XP or a mac Contacting them again they said quot Sorry you re SOL quot And refuse further help The computer that is broken is running windows I had some issues with it last month which you guys were nice enough to help me with Link to that thread http www computerhope com forum index php topic htmlNothing has really changed since then No new downloads except some windows updates I can get to the bios and dink Bootup Issue around in there I found an ISO image of win that I image burned to a jump drive The bios sees it as a bootable device but I cannot seem to get it to boot to it I do see that secure boot is on not sure if that has anything to do with it But I cannot seem to get that to turn off to try it The full order of things happens as follows Start computer it says it s preparing automatic repair Here I can hit F or Delete to go to the bios Eventually it errors out giving me Your computer cannot start properly error xc suggests using the recovery tools on the CD Enter to try again F for startup options Esc for UEFI Firmware settings seconds or so it auto-reboots At this point I lose the keyboard but it looks like a normal bootup taking a really long time Eventually errors out saying Your PC ran into a problem and will automatically restart Error xe aStart over from the beginning My machine is an Asus M AD-B model Nothing changed from the base Purchased as an open box from Best Buy No CD s keys or anything came with the thing Just the computer and pre-loaded windows All updates have been done windows and direct from manufacturer drivers for hardware I believe unrelated a week or so ago my video card fan started making a funky vibration noise I turned off the computer immediately and took the vacuum and canned air to the machine Several dust-balls later all was up and running fine I m at a loss as to where to go Any help would be appreciated Christine

A:Bootup Issue

I have the same piece of....hardware, Christine!...I bought it new and have always had the same problem ever since new.I solved this problem by going into either the bios or uefi and turning off secure boot, making sure that the boot order was correct and f10 to save the settings.To enter the bios....On power-on, press delete keyyou might have to press it amost simultaneous as powering on because it is a very fast booting computer.feel free to ask more!Blair

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150127.0.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having trouble narrowing down exactly what the problem with my desktop PC is On bootup my machine gets a few seconds into the POST and then reboots Issue... Bootup On itself over and over and over for about minutes before finally beaking through and On Bootup Issue... booting up completely This phenomenon doesn t occur every single time I On Bootup Issue... boot up my machine--sometimes it boots up perfectly without going through this reboot phase--but if the PC has been off for hours it happens almost like clockwork I get no POST errors so I was thinking the problem was more than likely with my power supply and not with my MoBo but can anyone give me some advice Thanks BG Edit Important Note Once the computer successfully boots up I have no problems at all My computer never reboots by itself I have no performance issues I can leave the PC on as long as I want The problem is only when I am booting up the PC Edit nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Booting up my xp machine I get this message.

" CME Disk Error Loading FirstWare Data area failed. Hit any key to continue."

Then after that.

"Operating System or Hard Disk partitions have been altered. The current restore Point does not match either your current hard disk setup or your OS."

Then it boots into windows.

I added 2 HD's AFTER this message started coming up but not before. Other than that nothing has changed. I did have a virus that I had to go through hoops to fix and this started right around the same time but it's been a while since that happened.

If I look at the disk management option in the control panel it shows an unrecognized partition that's 23gigs large.

Don't know what this could be. Think If I created a restore point it would fix it? Maybe. I haven't tried though.

Would like some help. Thanks

A:Having a Bootup Issue

hello ,

did you try this

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to sliptream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & /)

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

then get back to us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-a-bootup-issue-220761.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Alright I recently got my computer back from the shop I had it format and had windows xp installed Everything was working perfectly I Serious Issue on Bootup decided to install some windows updates security packs and I let the microsoft Serious Issue on Bootup site update my computer as it saw fit During the first update it asked me Serious Issue on Bootup to restart and I did everything went smoothly during the second batch of updates there were files it was installing it asked me to restart and now this time is where the problem began When it starts booting up one of the first screens it goes to is a black screen that does Auto-detecting rd Master Auto-detecting rd Slave and it's right in here that it messes up everything Serious Issue on Bootup gets really laggy if I press f or del to access the menu's it takes - minutes for it to actually load into those menu's and none of the F options work for me all it does is let me choose between my CD drive my hard drive or an external hard drive to boot my computer from and all of them result in a new blank black screen with a blinking cursor the computer beeps for about seconds then it just doesn't do anything from there on out and my only option is to Ctrl Alt Del to restart the bootup I tried accessing my windows xp cd to re-format but i get stuck at that beeping screen again The only menu I have access to is the one where I press quot del quot on setup and in that section I have access to Standard CMOS Setup Advanced Setup Advanced Chipset Setup Integrated Peripherals Power Management Setup PCI PnP Setup PC Health Status Frequency Voltage Control From there I have accessed the Advanced Setup which has these options Intel R SpeedStep tm tech Enhanced Halt C E Quick Power on Self Test Boot up NumLock Status APIC Mode st Boot Device nd Boot Device Hard Disk Drives CD DVD Drives Boot Other Device High Performance Event Timer If any of you can aid me in getting through this problem I would REALLY appreciate the assistance Thanks

A:Serious Issue on Bootup

Do you have more then one Hard Drive on the computer? It looks like you have 1 SATA HDD that is your boot drive, and then the computer is hanging on the 3rd Master and Slave IDE drives, either another IDE Hard Drive or one of your CD rom drives that is either not plugged in correctly or has failed. In the Bios setup, go into the Standard CMOS setup and see that your boot drive is being recognized (it should be either Drive 0 or Primary Master) and what if anything is listed for 3rd Master and Slave slot. Your PSU might also be failing. In the Bios go to PC Health and post the Voltages, Temperatures and Fan Speeds. If you think you need to reinstall Windows, go to the Boot order in the Bios and make CD rom drive the first boot device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/serious-issue-on-bootup-534619.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Help,
I have a Dell Dimension E310. It used to boot up correctly, but since adding a new NIC Card into my machine it now gives a Floppy diskette seek failure flash screen ... it sits on the screen saying: "Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility ... it waits for you to input with one of those keys.

Any hints on how to remove this flash screen I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Marc

A:Have issue with bootup for XP

You may have accidently disconnect the IDE cable for the floppy drive or jogged the power cable. You have two choices 1. you can reseat the IDE cable and power cord to the floppy drive or 2. you can go into BIOS and disable you floppy drive. You can access your BIOS by pressing any one of these keys f1, f2, ESC, or del. I would start with f1 first.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-issue-with-bootup-for-xp.647101/
Relevancy 49.02%

So when I hit the power button on my pc the bios will show up on the monitor and I can hear fans drives spinning Then after about seconds everything will stop like it lost power or was Bootup help - issue reset then reinitialize everything and it will either bootup or bootup but the monitor never quot wakes up quot and the light on the monitor Bootup issue - help is amber It seems like the pc stays up and running So then I do a reset and it works fine I can game for hours fine and my temps are great Bootup issue - help when it boots up I ve checked all hardware connections and believe it may have been from the video card not being all the way in the slot back corner hanging out I think the northbridge other chip is blocking it from sitting correctly My question is - does this sound like it could be the sole cause of this issue I m going to look into this further tonight and see if I can get it to be a solid connection If not anything else I can look at TIA nbsp

A:Bootup issue - help

Solid connection. Always a good idea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bootup-issue-help.913415/
Relevancy 49.02%

Awhile ago I just moved the ram around and now when I turn on the computer, nothing is appearing on the screen. The computer will also make some sort of ambulance noise. The ram is placed in there tightly. All the wires are in. Usually when the computer turns on, I hear the one beep so I'll know that it's working. Now I got this problem.

Relevancy 49.02%

My win 7 version boots awfully slow. Is that the case for anyone else? It takes my PC from pushing start button on PC to actual desktop 3 min and 50 secs. When I first push on start button I get to a blinking cursor and it stays there for 2 minutes. Anyone know why this is happening?

Relevancy 48.59%

ok the specs of the machine are AMD athlon xp mb is a gigabyte vt -rz mb ram in the last slots watt psu a maxtor gig hdd a cdrw lite on and a cdrom only the floppy cdrom and hard drive are hooked up all on there own cable with only one device on each the cdrw is failing to read disks at the moment although it worked earlier today ok the problem comes in when I try to fdisk the drive I have jumpered it to master and cable select both only let me see gigs of the gig drive to fdisk if I say I dont want the maximum it says it has gigs but I can only fdisk gigs though there are no other partitions the first time I fdisked hardware possible from issue...[moved hardware] it showed all gigs but since then it only shows possible hardware issue...[moved from hardware] or depending on what I am doing atm the hdd has the dos system files on so it can boot but that is all any suggestions would be great Derrick

A:possible hardware issue...[moved from hardware]

just curious how is this an win XP issue when I am not even getting to the point of installing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-hardware-issue-moved-from-hardware-177370.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Thanks in advance for any assistance My wife booted up this morning and her settings did not load and she could not run any apps beyond IE When clicking the IE icon the message Cannot find A F - D - D -BDAF- C F B F Make sure the path or bootup Vista issue Internet address is correct would display On clicking ok IE would load Apps such as the Bluetooth mouse driver Dell Support Center and Norton Adobe Lightroom and CS would not open I ran a full scan using Norton Internet Security Adaware Housecall and Kapersky I tried to run Panda but the install failed Below is my Hijackthis log After several reboots I have been able to get most of the Vista bootup issue apps to run but items like the Bluetooth drivers are not loading at bootup I am not sure if this is Vista being stupid or malware Any assistance is greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files XPSMiniViewGadget XPSMiniViewGadget exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO no name - E BA - ED- -B -BBB C CB CD - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar no name - CF C FE- - EC- C E- CC A - no file O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Bluetooth HCI Monitor RunDll HCIMNTR DLL RunCheckHCIMode O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE quot O - HKLM Run Logitech BT Wizard LBTWiz exe -silent O - HKLM Run NMSSupport quot C Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run CCUTRAYICON quot C Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run DiscWizardMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard TimounterMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run ECenter C Dell E-Center EULALauncher exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertE... Read more

A:Vista bootup issue

Hi Welcome to TSG!!
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. alternate download link 1 alternate download link 2
Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-bootup-issue.726457/
Relevancy 48.59%

So the weirdest thing just happened right now First off I have two hard drives a Western Digital SATA and a Maxtor PATA Windows is loaded on the SATA So I was doing a weekly cleaning clearing all my cookies deleting temporary files defragmenting my hard drive that kinda thing After all of this I restarted my computer and it failed to bootup Uh-oh - did my hard drive die So after opening up my computer and making sure nothing was loose I started it back up and looked around in the BIOS For some reason the BIOS was reset to only look for hard drives on PATA ports I switched it to PATA SATA and wah-lah all set So my concern is did my SATA drive temporarily die or lose power so the BIOS by default just reset to only look for PATA because it didn t see anything in on the SATA port for that moment And is this a sign of a dying hard drive Or can something else change the BIOS settings By the way I was going to put this in the Storage and Networking subforum but this seems like it has to do more with the BIOS and motherboard settings But feel free to move it over there if necessary mods Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Weird bootup issue...

nope - and I'm gonna catch hell for posting this, but I already have discussed my objections to having PATA and SATA in the same system. I won't say anymore. See my other threads regarding this. I'm sure another firestorm will ensue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-bootup-issue.70053/
Relevancy 48.59%

Specs-
i7-2600
8 gb ram
Radeon hd 6770

My computer runs fine, the programs perform quickly, but the the boot up is slow, and everything loads up sequentially. For example it goes from the Welcome screen to black screen, then about 10 seconds later the toolbar pops up, then the background, then the icons. After their all done loading up, the programs load very quickly and my computer is completely normal.
In short the start up is sequential -
Welcome-black screen- toolbar- background- icons.
In other computers, after the welcome screen it all comes up at once, i just want my computer to do that.
Ive asked help for this issue once but they said to ignore since my computer runs fast, but this type of start is not acceptable for a i7.
Please help me fix.

A:win7 bootup issue

Maybe you just need to manage startup programs and icons.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460291/win7-bootup-issue/
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay as the title says...I cannot boot into Windows 7 on my buddies laptop...It will boot fine into Windows 7 Safe Mode however when I boot into regular Windows it wont. Can a battery thats dying prevent it from booting into Windows?

A:Windows 7 Bootup Issue

Hello sparker and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm guessing if the battery has enough power to boot into Safe Mode, it should have enough power to do a normal boot. It sounds like something might have damaged or corrupted the Master Boot Record. One of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting tutorial that might help. It's time consuming but it has helped many solve their boot problems:

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276092-windows-7-bootup-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Greetings Issue bootup.. very on strange. This is actually my first time posting on any forum ever for any type of PC help I usually can figure it out via google and troubleshooting it myself I pre-apologize for any formatting issues or scattered data I am so sorry but I really am not sure where to go with this First up Specs OS Windows home bit I previously had windows Mobo Sabertooth Z Mark S LGA CPU i k ghz CPU Cooler H i GTX listing this because it is hooked up to the motherboard GPU GTX ti MSI PSU EVGA Supernova w CD Drive ASUS DVD-Writer Black SATA RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum gb x gb Issue on bootup.. very strange. pin ddr SSD Samsung Evo tb Before I go into it this same exact error has occurred on both Windows bit and Windows bit for all intensive purposes any troubleshooting that I have done has been on Windows The root of the problem is this On bootup after being shut down for a while longer than a couple of minutes the PC will start up fine but BSOD with errors popping up on different times Your PC Ran into a problem and needs to restart We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you PFN LIST CORRUPT is shown along the bottom on some boots while MEMORY MANAGEMENT is shown on other boots The confusing part is that the PC will then boot up with no issues load any games that I am playing run the internet do just about anything I want it to do with no issues I've tried to recreate the issue in which I will completely shutdown the PC flush out the power and attempt a reboot but it will then boot up fine I leave for work come home that night and boot it up SAME ISSUE I don't understand it I've looked up both of these codes and a lot of sites and forums point to faulty RAM DIMM slots or conflicting drivers I've ran Memtest passes no errors reseated the RAM tried different DIMM slots The last thing I've noticed is it seems to take my computer approx minutes to shutdown with hardly anything running in the background Including this information if it could possibly mean something If anyone would like to speak to me more about this please feel free to contact me if it is easier we can talk through email skype anything that will make it easier

A:Issue on bootup.. very strange.

Your PFN List is invalid, this thing is called a Page Frame Database which by itself is one big one-dimensional array. And about MEMORY_MANAGEMENT:

The "0X0000001A" error also known as the Memory_Management error occurs when the system memory malfunctions. Every system has at least two memory banks and the memory is installed on it. If the problem is in one of them then the total system memory decreases and the operating system gives you the blue screen error of Memory_Management.

Since you ran the Memory Diagnostic and it came back clear it means that the RAM is not at fault, but it could be the drivers. Don't worry the BSOD Kernel Dump Expert will happily help you soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594597/issue-on-bootup-very-strange/
Relevancy 48.59%

XP - Acer Extensa
1.6Ghz 3GB Ram

On first boot, it loads up to the xp loading screen gets past it then instantly turns off.

I need to manually turn it back on, it is temperamental, it can repeat this again and turn off.

After 1 attempt or 2 or 3 (it varies)

It does boot up windows correctly and works fine and doesn't restart at all during use, no performance issues or anything in event viewer as it seems to die straight at the Black XP logo screen.

It is a domain pc, overall runs good, no other issues.

Any ideas?

A:Strange bootup issue

Hi, have you tried listening out for any bleeps to indicate a hardware issue?

the error beeps are explained here
Computer POST and beep codes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-bootup-issue-679314.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just switched to a new power supply (600W) and video card (Radeon 6870), and my system won't boot. When there isn't a disc in my optical drive it says "NTLDR is missing. Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart." When I have my windows disc in it tells me to insert my system disc and hit enter. Hitting enter does not work. The optical drive never spins.

I have 2 HDD, 1 SATA and 1 IDE. The SATA is the slave, and the BIOS recognizes it. The IDE is the master, and it shares its IDE cord with the optical drive.

-The BIOS never recognizes the IDE master HDD.
-When the power is unplugged from the IDE master HDD, the optical drive works and I can boot the Windows disc.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

A couple of days ago I started noticing a moderate slowdown while defragging my Hard Drive I use Auslogics Disk Defrag and it normally defrags several hundred files per minute Yesterday I noticed it took a halfhour for just over files I Issue And Indexer Error Bootup last Bootup Error And Indexer Issue performed a defrag less than a week ago days ago and less than new GB s of software have been installed since then I checked the status of the Read Write speed on my HDD and noticed that there were around processes of system indexer and svchost all at around kb s to mb s I spoke with a friend of mine who said it could be the conficker A or B worm that has been spreading around since October I turned off indexer to C and all folders and subfolders but access was denied to both all of the BOOT files and Program Files I turned off the indexer to C only and applied the changes I redownloaded some security and removal tools from bit defender and microsoft and proceeded to restart my PC When the bootup from my ASUS bios appears and tries to load windows I get a boot error and it tries to utilize fallback to no effect I tried inserting the Vista recovery DVD to no effect Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Bootup Error And Indexer Issue

hi try the steps here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial143.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bootup-error-and-indexer-issue.801013/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently inherited a little Presario laptop of course The little beauty works great except at startup I ll press the power button and the power LED will light up HD-light flashes sometimes and there s a sound from what I think are the speakers but nothing happens after that So I ll hold down the power button to shut it down again and repeat the above process several times Whether its on battery or AC doesn t change anything but I find it helps to leave it quot on quot for half a minute and then shut down and power up again but even that works irregularly Eventually after a few minutes of this trial-and-error the HD will spin up and the whole system works fine ever after until it s shut down or hibernating Does this sound familiar It isn t a really pressing issue I get along with it as is but if there s something wrong I d like to see about fixing it as well as ridding myself of the inconvenience Thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

A:Compaq Presario 900 bootup issue

I have the exact same issue with my Presario 900.

It intermittently won't startup, the speakers click briefly, the screen stays dark and the Compaq logo won't display. If I shut it down and re-start it enough times it will eventually come back up.

Mine will also seize up just sitting there. Usually though, it happens if I move the laptop although I can't seem to find any definitive movement that always makes it seize.

I stripped the entire unit down and then re-installed everything. While I was there I cleaned up any grounds that I could find. The idea was that hopefully the issue would be solved by reconnecting and tightening everything.

When I re-started it it worked quite well for about a day. I was hopeful that it was fixed but it started doing it again :-(

I know these laptops have issues with the power cord jack but in this case mine's fine and I can't see that being the reason for the seizing. I'm quite certain it's a mainboard issue, probably caused by the case flexing when moved and thereby flexing the mainboard. I seem to recall running into a laptop repair person on the 'net some years ago that mentioned this was a common issue and that he could fix it. Regrettably he went off-line and hasn't been heard from since.

I know it's not the processor, the memory, the fans or any other common issue. I'm pretty certain it's mainboard flexing somehow/somewhere even though it occurs even when it's sitting on a solid table.

Like yourself, I'd love to find out what it is. I upgraded mine with internal wireless (complete with real antennas mounted in the lid) and a 7,200 RPM hard drive as well as numerous other 'hot rodding' It's still a great machine but I'm quite concerned that it's becoming an EOL product because of the seizing.

If you learn anything or run into someone knowledgeable, please update this thread!

Thanks!
Marvin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-900-bootup-issue.141683/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone...everytime I boot up I get a few of these errors

Session "Pku2uLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Session "NegoLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Session "IDListenLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Session "P2PLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Session "HomeGroupLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035
well how can this be fixed?

A:kernel tracing issue on bootup

Are you booting with a router on? If so try with it turned off.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59257-kernel-tracing-issue-bootup.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I'm having issues with my network / internet connection after bootup i.e. I have no internet connection after starting computer.
There is exclamation mark in network connection icon in task bar indicating limited or no connection. If I unblug & replug network caple on computer issue is fixed and connection works perfectly.
What could cause this issues and where I should start looking solution?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sauli

A:Network/internet issue after bootup

Quote: Originally Posted by salefin

Hi,

I'm having issues with my network / internet connection after bootup i.e. I have no internet connection after starting computer.
There is exclamation mark in network connection icon in task bar indicating limited or no connection. If I unblug & replug network caple on computer issue is fixed and connection works perfectly.
What could cause this issues and where I should start looking solution?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sauli

Any chance we could get your system specs and network setup?
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131489-network-internet-issue-after-bootup.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi friends,
this is to ask you how to make the startup password unhackable?
there are so many tricks and tweaks to break through the startup password, but can anyone tell me how to make it secured and in accessable??
am using windows 7 ultimate edition..
your reply will be of high value

A:Windows 7 bootup password issue

Sorry to say mate - but that's simply impossible.
Every PC is vulnerable to a certain extent - be it consumer level Windows, be it geek style Linux. There are always ways.
If you are really so concerned about data safety, I'd recommend using a very good encryption tool in the first place, namely Truecrypt. It's absolutely free, open source and easy to use. With a strong password, it's almost impossible to break.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/151732-windows-7-bootup-password-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Abit KA7-Raid that has a wierd boot issue.

When it's cold and I boot it up, it locks up during the Windows 2000 Splash Screen. Computer shows the hard drive light is on solid no flickering, locked up.

Turn the power on and off, it boots up fine.

Any suggestions??

A:Windows 2000 Bootup Issue

Yes. Cold boot issues are very often power supply problems. On a cold boot the capacitors in the power supply are not fully charged; when you reboot the caps are up to full charge.

If this is a deer, foxxcon, allied, powmax ps, do yourself a favor and get a quality unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-bootup-issue.263517/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello after I rebooted my computer something odd happened Windows said that new hardware was found when I didn t do anything to the computer I can t install drivers for this thing because I have no idea what it is Looking at the device manager I see that it says its listed as PCI Input Device amd the properties for it states PCI Slot PCI bus device function This device is not configured correctly Code The but new no help hardware Hardware please New Found Device Manager also New Hardware Found but no new hardware please help has another device listed as an error the port of my Sound Blaster Audigy Card The properties of the Net Adapter states This device cannot start Code This device used to be working perfectly before the new PCI Input Device was found and oddly its name has changed It used to be called quot Net Adapter quot but now its name is quot Net Adapter quot as if I took out the old one and added a new one Does anyone know what is going on I haven t done anything to this computer and now these problems show up Thanks New Hardware Found but no new hardware please help Hank nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Laptop -Sony Viao w AMD Athlon P Dual Core Processor - gb Ram -ATI Mobility Radion HD Series -Windows Home Premium bit Router Lyksys BEFW S v Internet Connection Cable Hey everyone I hope someone can help me out here Yesterday I decided to setup some port forwarding on my router Here is what all I did and the steps connections I took to do it I have computers that include desktops and a laptop I also have a new Xbox with built in wifi One Annoying Wireless Laptop w/ Issue bootup on desktop is running Windows bit and the other is running Windows XP Both desktops are hard wired to the router The laptop of course is being used through the wifi and is running Windows bit The Xbox is also being used through wifi I went Annoying Wireless Issue on bootup w/ Laptop into the internet settings of each computer and the Xbox and assigned static IPs to them for use with my Lyksys wireless router Here are the settings I used For each unit connection I used all of these settigns the same Subnet Mask Defualt Gateway Preferred DNS Server Alternate DNS Server The only setting that was different for each connection was of course the IP numbers I assigned Here where those nobers Laptop - Desktop - Desktop - Xbox - After doing all of this I applied the settings and then went into my router I click on Advance settings then went to Forwarding I then typed in the port forwarding settings for my Xbox and applied the changes Everything was connected online and working Each computer was able to access the network internet and my Xbox was also online without any issues Today I had issues with my laptop specs posted at the top of this thread My main desktop was still able to access the internet without any issues but when I booted my laptop it said I was connected to my router with limited or no connectivity and then eventually said Unidentified network The only way I am able to get it to connect is by unplugging the modem router for seconds and then plug it back in Once I do that my laptop connects fine Is there a reason why when I shut down my laptop and then boot it up later that I have to restart my modem router before it will successfully connect Evey thing else seems to be able to access the network just fine pretty much at all times Even the Xbox wireless Any ideas I did not mess with any other settings in my router except the port forwarding Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoying-wireless-issue-on-bootup-w-laptop.951464/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just got through fighting a nasty virus on my Win HP quad core AMD desktop and everything is clean now and running good except for one small issue with bootup The original post is here http www techspot com community t us-cannot-begin-removal-process page- While going through the cleanup process I started to experencing an issue when booting up where sometimes the system would just hang on a blank screen with the cursor blinking in the upper left hand corner hard drive would stop activity If I then restart push virus cleaning bootup Lingering after Issue power button off and then on again it would get to that point and then push on through to load up windows This issue has continued even though everything else is running fine Not a big deal but obviously something isn t right I tried reseting Bios to factory defaults but that did not solve it The virus expert that helped me told me I would need to get someone from these hardware software forums to assist me Here are the details HP p f Windows Profesional -bit SP System Board nvidia MCP Bios - American Megatrends AMD Lingering bootup Issue after virus cleaning Athlon II X Any thought on what it could be and how to resolve it Thanks Michael nbsp

A:Lingering bootup Issue after virus cleaning

Your hard drive maybe going bad.Try running a check disk on it first. See if this helps. If not you may need to go to the hard drives manufacture site. Then down load their diagnostic software. Then run a scan on the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lingering-bootup-issue-after-virus-cleaning.184334/
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright I m not on what the problem is but I m sure and I (hard issue think) on Serious bootup related... drive I appreciate any help you guys give me on solving this I recently had my computer formatted Getting to the point everything was working perfectly it was booting up extremely smoothly the drivers were all working then I was updating my computer with microsoft windows updates specifically the Service Packs up to service pack However during one of the updates that required me to restart my computer took an extremely long time to boot up minutes or so and it became extremely slow and laggish at the first load screen on boot up where it says Auto-detecting rd Master OR AND Auto-detecting rd Slave Now my guess is something somehow got changed here and my hard drive CD drive should be booting on a primary instead of a rd but honestly I m not Serious issue on bootup (hard drive related... I think) too sure and even if this was the problem I don t know how to change those things If any of you can give me some assistance it would be greatly appreciated as these - minutes boot times are killing me nbsp

A:Serious issue on bootup (hard drive related... I think)

Did you finish the updating process, and the 15-20 boot time is for regular start of Windows, or are you still stuck in the update cycle?

I haven't played around with XP in a long time, but on my Vista PC when I was doing a clean install, a few of the updates would not get installed via the Windows Update process, and the computer got stuck on a long load/reboot loop similar to what you are describing. Eventually I isolated which updates were causing the problem, and then manually installed them via the MS website and the problem was fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-issue-on-bootup-hard-drive-related-i-think.158144/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I'm running Windows XP.

I got the Internet Security 2010 trojan after downloading a bogus codec. I was able to run Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentails to remove it. However, now my system won't start up normally. The desktop loads but the normal startup processes don't load up in the system tray. My computer won't let me do a system restore. I get the blue screen of death when I try to boot up in safe mode. I also can't run chkdsk /f in dos. It says it will run the next time the computer restarts, but it never does. Any idea how I can get things back to normal as it appears my c: drive has some serious errors on it.

One more thing, Google Chrome now crashes upon load and my other browsers won't even launch.

Any help would be really appreciated!

A:Bootup Issue after removal of IS2010 Virus

you need to go here http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/ for help as you still have malware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bootup-issue-after-removal-of-is2010-virus-453925.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer was working fine until a few days ago when the networking function stopped working. It will not connect to the outside world. I also now have an "Unknown" icon with the big yellow questionmark showing up and "Found New Hardware" window pops up on startup. This is after I have disconnected everything from the computer. The computer type is a Sony PCG-F180 (notebook). How can I figure out what this "New Hardware" is so I can load the proper drivers if that is what it takes?

A:New Hardware Found w2k

Further information on this problem:

After the question mark it indicates "This device is not configured correctly (Code 1)". This comes from the "Add/Remove Hardware Wizard" after highlighting the question marked driver and clicking next... I cannot figure out the hardware associated with this problem. Again, everything is disconnected (including docking station and PCMCIA card). It keeps detecting something that it does not have a driver for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hardware-found-w2k.66890/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, i'm having trouble with the "FOUND NEW HARDWARE" program, it constantly p[ops up telling me its found new hardware, its either a modem or a plug and play device, there's nothing been added or plugged.
Anyone any ideas as to how this can be stopped

Thanks

A:Found new hardware.....

Check your device manager for any yellow trouble alerts.[control panel>system>device manager>hardware>view>show hidden devices] Do you have an mp3 player plugged into your computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/found-new-hardware-133092.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I keep getting new hardware found baloons popping up.
I have not insstlled anything new

I received them for Generic Mouse, Volume, and Disk

What is causing this ?

A:new hardware found

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Any yellow question marks or exclamation points in the Device Manager? If so, could you list them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-hardware-found-110985.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Everytime I start up the PC, (new hardware found window) shows up. I cannot seem to get rid of it..Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ED

A:Found New Hardware

Check in Device Manager and see if there are any yellow question marks or exclamation points next to any of the devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/found-new-hardware.22006/
Relevancy 47.3%

Everytime I boot up my WIN XP PRO, I get a message "New Hardware Found" .... but I dont have any new hardware.... then I go into device manager and everything is fine ... no yellow marks.. no notices of any new hardware... etc....

Its annoying.... how do I resolve this?

A:New Hardware Found

You never get an indication of what device is being recognized as new?

I have seen HP all-on-one printers cause something similar at times. Check your Startup folder in the Start menu and delete any install shortcuts there. And/or you could go to the Configuraion utility (Start --> Run --> msconfig) and check for the same thing there.

If that doesn't seem to do it, check your Windows Log files by:
1. Click Start
2. RIGHT Click the My Computer icon
3. Click Manage
4. Look in the log files under the time stamp of your last bootup and see if anything is indicated there.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hardware-found.696709/
Relevancy 47.3%

every time i boot up windows 98se reports new hardware found(unknown device),obviously i cant install a driver for an unknown device,it says that again after i press cancell then when i press cancell it says found new hardware pci card.
I reinstalled EVERY driver i had video,modem,lan,sound,sidewinder,even the disc that came with my moniter.
In device manager i have 3 yellow question marks in the"other devices" category,2 are for the unknown device and one for the pci card.
any ideas/
i have an amd athlon 1400 with 256 ddr ram,radeon 64 ddr video,onboard sound.
thanks in advance
Tony