Windows Support Forum

Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes

Q: Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes

Hi I recently got a problem where my PC lags up and i need to restart it I found out that one of the RAM s were faulty I ve got x GB I removed the faulty one and tested those together with Memtest It ran for about - hrs Did passes It did not get any errors so I assumed it was ok Today after the PC had been on for about hrs straight it froze again I m testing the RAM again but it takes for ever Can it be that i need to run Memtest even longer than passes to find any errors Or does the problem lie somewhere else I read here in several posts that if I let memtest run passs I can be fairly sure that the RAM is not faulty Is this the case or can it still detect errors after or Memtest 7 Faulty passes RAM errors no not? gets after more passes I know or well I am sure that the slots are working as they should Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes What else can this be If it doesn t get errors after passes should i continue to let it test or should i look for the problem somewhere else nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty RAM or not? Memtest gets no errors after 7 passes

Can the lockup be caused by the RAM not getting enough voltage?

You see... I just relized... I had 2 CL5's and 2 CL4's... Now there is one CL5 and 2 CL4... Can this be the reason? THat the CL4 does not get enough voltage?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram-or-not-memtest-gets-no-errors-after-7-passes.129980/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi i've been fighting TDRs and BSODs since building my machine see system specs in Oct After RMAing my vid card to no avail replacing mobo to no avail replacing memtest RAM? Passes Bad PSU to no avail I've been at my wit's end I've ran memtest on each individual stick for over passes Bad RAM? Passes memtest each with no Bad RAM? Passes memtest errors One strange thing i noticed About months ago I left town and left my PC off for about or days When I got home and turned it on I got Bad RAM? Passes memtest repeated BSODs which were things like MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PFN LIST CORRUPT But they eventually went away after a day or so I just got home today after being out of town for days What do ya know same thing Multiple BSODs I will post my minidumps if someone would please analyze them Also I'm using the MSI mobo this time around and before Windows booted the first time I powered it on I got an error that read quot RAM R W test failed quot Also you could find more info on my other post GTX Video Artifacting BSODs THanks in advance

A:Bad RAM? Passes memtest

Quote: Originally Posted by Shook

Hi i've been fighting TDRs and BSODs since building my machine(see system specs) in Oct 09. After RMAing my vid card to no avail, replacing mobo to no avail, replacing PSU to no avail. I've been at my wit's end.

I've ran memtest on each individual stick for over 10passes each with no errors. One strange thing i noticed....

About 2 months ago, I left town, and left my PC off for about 3 or 4 days. When I got home and turned it on, I got repeated BSODs which were things like MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PFN LIST CORRUPT. But they eventually went away after a day or so.

I just got home today after being out of town for 5 days. What do ya know, same thing. Multiple BSODs. I will post my minidumps if someone would please analyze them.

Also you could find more info on my other post: GTX260 Video Artifacting/BSODs

THanks in advance!

Have you checked your CMOS battery?

When things happen while the computer is off it's usually the battery gone dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72815-bad-ram-passes-memtest.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Sorry for the basic question: When people suggest doing 5 passes in memtest, what exactly is 5 passes? Does that mean running memtest 5 times, each time until the pass figure reaches 100%?

A:Memtest Passes

Memtest will keep running "passes" (writing to all the registers to 100%) over and over until you stop it. (Unless you configure it differently). Just let it run until it reports that it has done 5 (or more) passes. Most people do this before they go to bed and check it in the morning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/84609-memtest-passes.html
Relevancy 81.27%

So over the past few months I have started getting blue screens. It started out slow, then got more and more progressive. I have run memtest a number of time and let it run for 24+ hours with no errors. I have reinstalled windows twice. It seems like I go for a while with no problems then one day it will crash a bunch of times. Today it kept crashing a few minutes after startup with errors like "Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected" and common ones like "Bad pool header" or something.

I am really at a loss because I haven't installed any new hardware recently, all I can think of is Avira is causing it, but it used to work fine for years so I don't know....

I have attached the logs, any suggestions or ideas is greatly appreciated! Its getting annoying haha.

Thanks!

A:Multiple BSOD, Different Every Time. Memtest Passes.

These crashes were probably caused by Pool corruption.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209286-multiple-bsod-different-every-time-memtest-passes.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi guys I've built many etc. BSOD passes after yet Memtest even Prime95, reinstall, simple PC's for people but upgrading my own in January was the worst thing I ever did I've an Antec P case to which I fitted a new Mobo CPU RAM and Gfx Card The thing was so unstable I ran out of time trying to fix it so took it to a shop where they reinstalled the OS and all new RAM It worked joy Ever since it's always been a little flakey - occasional random reboots BSOD's failure to power up after sleep - but the last two weeks it has been terrrible no hardware changes After a repair install of Win made it no better I went for a total clean install I had BSOD even after reinstall, yet passes Prime95, Memtest etc. BSOD again within mins - with nothing connected but mouse keyboard monitor SSD and nd HDD It always seems to be when I am browsing online even in safe mode - yet Photoshop watching videos etc is fine The problem browsing BSOD even after reinstall, yet passes Prime95, Memtest etc. is in IE Firefox or Chrome doesn't matter Today I ran all RAM modules through Memtest individually all passed then ran Prime for a few hours then PassMark BurnInTest I updated the SSD to firmware v from v this morning and enabled AHCI but this hasn't helped any Can anyone see anything in the attached info that I may have missed I'm would like to return the mobo for BSOD even after reinstall, yet passes Prime95, Memtest etc. replacement under warranty but I can't demonstrate what is wrong

A:BSOD even after reinstall, yet passes Prime95, Memtest etc.

First thing I see in your snips is mis-matched ram memory. Size & speed.

You have to wait for some other member to do your BSOD analysis.

How about a snip of each memory stick as seen in CPU-Z

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172962-bsod-even-after-reinstall-yet-passes-prime95-memtest-etc.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello.
Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i need 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

A:Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

That error could raise due to various reasons of causes like corruption in the registry, or file system or something.

Is the firmware of your SSD updated?

Could you show some screenshots of HD Tune?

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41695-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-memtest-session-hardware-faulty.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i need 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

A:Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

That error could raise due to various reasons of causes like corruption in the registry, or file system or something.

Is the firmware of your SSD updated?

Could you show some screenshots of HD Tune?

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41695-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-memtest-session-hardware-faulty.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue?

Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown.

Somebody said to me:"had similar issues, replaced RAM and I have been error free since."

So its a memory related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-automatic-repair-after-memtest-session-memory-faulty-or-not-1096442.html
Relevancy 63.21%

ok when i run the sticks of memory in my board memtest shuts down before it can even get to if i run them single they are fine got latest drivers and bios ok i forgot to add So and many memtest bsods errors errors and my buddy told me my PSU would be fine it is a antec tru power w i am running corsair dominator x g cm x - c d motherboard is Asus m a Deluxe evga xt mb video card now when i use cpu-id it says max bandiwdth at pc - mhz i think that program may not be reading it right not sure So many errors and bsods and memtest errors because i read i can run these sticks at if i just up volt to v any idea what could be the problem this is from event viewer Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer HAWAII Description Error code e parameter c parameter d e parameter b ba parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c d e c b b c a nbsp

A:So many errors and bsods and memtest errors

Try running it with one stick of memory. Do you get BSODs? Asus boards are quite well known about their pickiness about what RAN is used per board, the amount installed, and how it is configured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/so-many-errors-and-bsods-and-memtest-errors.126139/
Relevancy 62.35%

I will try and keep this simple.
I am using 4x 4gb ballistix sport 1600 ram
I was having lots of memory related problems (freezing, blue screens of death)
I took all the sticks out and used them one at a time (normal usage not memtest)
The last stick i tried gave me bad boots and memory related BSOD (irlq not less, memory management etc.)
The same applies for all other slots on the motherboard, good RAM works in all slots, bad RAM doesnt work in all slots.

Now the thing i dont understand is when i run this bad RAM on memtest 86+ for over 5 hours, doing 7 passes, no errors have come up, so to anyone testing RAM, this stick would seem perfectly fine?
Am i missing somethings?

In Brief;
Can a bad RAM stick still not show errors after 7 passes of memtest?
If yes, is memtest reliable?

Thanks
Shawn

A:Bad RAM but no memtest errors?

MemTest86+ is completely reliable. 8Gb in 5hrs seems too short. Run a minimum of 8 consecutive passes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393777-bad-ram-but-no-memtest-errors.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I was suspicous of ram issues with my computer shutting down and games not working like they used to. I ran memtest 86 and before it was 35% done, i had over 500 errors. Is it time to get new ram or is there anyway to fix this?

Relevancy 62.35%

ok i was trying to install windows on a new build but it stopped at drivers.cab and never went further, got suggestions to run memtest. memtest came back with like 3 MILLION errors, is this possible? normal? and does that mean its my 512 of ram or my cache?

A:memtest errors

How many sticks of RAM ? You could try one stick at a time to identify the bad guy . .

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memtest-errors.339635/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok i have just a motherboard cpu and ram pluged in. Everytime after about an hour I start to get errors on test 7 of memtest. I have just changed the ram from 1gb of kingston to 1gb of ocz and it is still doing the same thing( I tried every piece in every combination possible). I have and old intel 775 p4 processer, a intel d945gtp motherboard and a ultraconnect 500W power supply.

When ever i put windows onto one of it's 3 harddrives it constantly gice crc errors so i can install almost nothing.

I just wasted $60 for ram for it and it didn't make a difference. Would would the cpu or the motherboard be my next step?
EDIT: upgraded the bios and it works now

A:Memtest test 7 errors

Welcome to TSG....

What kind of RAM is this Kingston or OCZ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memtest-test-7-errors.662855/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone im having some problems with my computer and think it may just be some settings needing done I originally built the Ram Solved: in MemTest Errors computer about months ago and all worked Solved: Ram Errors in MemTest well untill it started freezeing and when trying to start up would get no further than the xp loading Solved: Ram Errors in MemTest screen and reboot So i thought it was faulty ram as i ran memtest on the system and reported over errors So after getting my new ram it was still throwing out errors i tried changing the slots it was in with no luck but was reporting different amount of errors each time i ran it I phoned up gigabyte thinking it was a faulty motherboard and they advised me that the motherboard is designed to run at v for the ram and crucial ballistix ram to run at v and suggested upping the voltage I tried that and there was still errors being thrown out I then looked at the timming and realised it was not showing as - - - as crucial specify so manually went in and changed this On a couple of occasions the bios screen has frozen on me also When i try and boot widows it is constantly rebooting but if i try and format it it boots from disk but as soon as it goes to start windows from disk throws out the blue screen of death as i believe its known I have tried everything i can possibly think of and its still not working Im worried i send the motherboard back and it turns out not to be faulty However one observation i made is even though it standard runs at v for the ram when i go into the health screen it is showing the voltage to the ram as being is this because i have strips of ram in it so the v upgrade i set is being halved between the strips i dont want to increase anymore and risk frying the ram Anyhelp really would be appreciated Regards Scott MacDonald nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everyone weeks ago I assembled a new system for myself everything was running perfectly untill days ago All of a sudden I started to get a lot of BSOD s They all had either one of the following messages -Page fault in non-paged area or -Memory management The BSOD s occur a couple of times a day but not at a specific moment some times it s during gaming other times it s whilst surfing the internet The pc reboots automatically Solved: Memtest errors. and then everything seems normal again In addition the programs Im working with seem to stop responding on an average bassis Allthough a simple restart is enough to solve the problem it is getting quite annoying because it happens a lot Anxious to find out what the problem was I started running a memtest It is still running I m writing this on my laptop but it already found a shocking errors So something is definitely wrong The system is weeks old and I didn t do any overclocking or default changes at all Any ideas on what my next step should be Oh and here is the Spec of my system processor Intel Core i - K s GHz Quad-Core MB RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz x GB V Power supply Cooler Master M Watt Motherboard ASUS P H -V Videocard EVGA Geforce GTX HD DS GB PCI- -P -KR Hard disk WD HI quot TB SATA I really hope you guys can help me any ideas are welcome nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

RAM F - CL Q- GBRL MOBO GA- A-UD GRAPHICS EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTX Fermi GB CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz x KB L Cache OS Windows Ultimate bit I just built this box a week ago and have been getting random BSOD's x B x E dxgmms sys seem to be the recurring culprits I have run memtest and am part way done These are the errors I have so far Failing Address GOOD BAD Err-Bits c e d - MB fffffdff f fffdff c e b - MB fffffdff f fffdff quot be - MB fffffff ffffff quot fe f - MB fffffff ffffff quot f and BSOD's Errors Memtest ad - MB BSOD's and Memtest Errors ffffffff f ffffff quot fd a - MB ffffffff f ffffff quot I have no idea how to read these I know there is a problem now with the memory but don't know if it lies BSOD's and Memtest Errors with the motherboard or the RAM Also the dxgmms sys apparently refers to DirectX so that makes me think it's a video card issue Any other details you need to know feel free to ask I just really want to get this figured out Thanks for the help

A:BSOD's and Memtest Errors

sorry the spacing on my memtest86 readout didn't keep but I think you get the idea

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-and-memtest-errors-591163.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a 1055T Phenom x6, 4 Gb of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333

I dont get BSODs or instability aside from tests.. prime95 rounding errors or memtest86 where each individual dimm or together produces hundreds of thousands of errors during "Block Move"

This is at stock 2.8ghz or 3.5ghz.. I have ECO Liquid cooling, Great Case, 650w PSU, Asus motherboard.

I've never crashed in a game or anything, just some anomalies in windows where my mouse snaps out of focus.

Is Memtest wrong?

Edit: also ive run at stock volts, 1.6 to 1.66. All the same result.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi to all,
I recently switched from winXPx86 to win8x64, and blue screens started to appear. After some research I decided to do a MemTest, here is the result:
So, I wonder now if these results mean that memory is broken? It's warranty is lifetime, does that mean that I can ask for module replacement?

My sistem:
GA-EP45-DS3R
E8200
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC 4GB Edition
HD 4870 512MB,
WD BLUE 640GB, SG 160GB
SS S12II-620.

BSODs:

A:BSODs and MemTest Errors

Yes memory is bad. Since it is under warranty you can get it replaced.

Also upload the dump files of BSOD

Follow this

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/17068-bsods-memtest-errors.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings!

I've recently built a new PC,all components are brand new except for the display adapter,and I've been getting BSODs from the very beginning - 0x24,0xa - and other ones as well. I have an SSD and two HDDs,the first thing I did was runnin CHKDSK on them,no errors. Then I ran memtest86,which gave me lots of errors, tried changing BIOS RAM settings from AUTO to 1,5V - 1866MHz - 10-11-10-30 (these are the specs provided by the manufacturer) - memtest still gives me errors,even with single modules. Should I RMA them? Can I be 100% sure that the memory is the one at fault?
Here's a shot of my memtest results with both of the memories in their sockets,and two minidump files of the BSODs since the last OS install:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ua4xg187pk2mb1w/_TomgziAr9

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-bsods-memtest-errors.1092319/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys my computer has had crashing problems while playing d games like Battlefield for some time now and I m trying to figure it out Here are my specs both with installed errors sticks only? Memtest Asus A N Memtest errors with both sticks installed only? X-E Deluxe Mobo AMD Athlon XP Barton core Mhz FSB x MB Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM XFX Nvidia GeForce GT AGP X On board audio Antec W PSU with A on the V I am running winows xp professional SP I have plenty of cooling updated drivers etc All of the general answers have already been tried However when I tested my memory last night both sticks went through passes with no errors I then installed both in dual channel config and got errors in passes I re-arranged them to single channel mode and still got errors The CAS is currently - - - which is advertised speed on the memory I can t figure out why this is happening Memtest errors with both sticks installed only? On a side note my computer now randomly reboots outside of d applications here are my minidumps nbsp

A:Memtest errors with both sticks installed only?

I am wondering if your power supply is a little low. If you have a Fry's nearby they will take your ram and test it for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest-errors-with-both-sticks-installed-only.37199/
Relevancy 61.06%

I was recently having problems with my computer crashing and rebooting, but I figured out what was causing it.

When I run Memtest I get 49000 errors when in dual channel mode. If I switch to single channel, I get 0 errors. What could be causing this?

I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo with 1GB of Corsair XMS Series RAM matched and paired.

A:Dual Channel = 49,000 errors in Memtest

A few reasons

1) Bad SPD on one of the sticks causing timings to become set improperly. Try setting all timings manually, at exactly what the sticks are rated for

2) Your board may not be completely stable at 200mhz + Dual Channel. Although that seems strange to be as I have the same motherboard in dual-channel with 2 x 512mb (1GB) PC3200 DDR. Update your BIOS to the latest revision if you can.

3) Make sure you are using the matched Blue slots. Although, this shouldn't be an issue, it can't hurt to try.

4) Are these 1GB sticks each, or 2 x 512mb? If they are 1GB each, it is possible that the motherboard doesn't support 2GB in that configuration. I don't believe this is a case but it is worth investigating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-49-000-errors-in-memtest.26662/
Relevancy 61.06%

While installing Windows just RAM? Bad almost I replaced it.. errors on all BUT addresses... Memtest XP on an old notebook of mine on every try - i would error on random files that couldn t copy over So I suspected bad RAM Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all addresses... BUT I just replaced it.. Ran memtest and it Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all addresses... BUT I just replaced it.. racked up errors like crazy and eventually crashed with loud beeping flashing different colors with the character quot a quot printed all over the screen I figured the entire ram module was just totally bad and dead so finally today I go out and buy a new stick same specs try to install XP again this time i get a bsod stop error somewhere in it saying something about ACPI or something i didn t catch it and haven t been able to recreate the error none the less just to check i ran memtest again and i start racking up errors from the Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all addresses... BUT I just replaced it.. start already at by mb what could be the problem i tried both slots edit a little info about the notebook got it for free from someone old broked i wanted to fix it it says its an Alienware i don t know what model exactly i think it s manufactured by someone else though it s some generic Notebook D P model A i don t know what that means or remember how i found any of that out i don t know much about the machine but i figure this problem is irrelevant it s a p mhz and both the old and current ram modules are kingston MB ddr mhz edit the error on xp setup was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA nbsp

A:Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all addresses... BUT I just replaced it..

The problem could be that your ram is not compatible. Why not go here and use their configurator to buy ram that is compatible, www.crucial.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-ram-memtest-errors-on-almost-all-addresses-but-i-just-replaced-it.676295/
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows 7 32 bit
2.4Ghz 1M 533
2x512mb ddr 333 PC2700
Nvidia P162
WD 80gb ide drive

Constant BSOD opening program like cpu-z, SIW 2011, etc...despite 24+ hours no errors in Prime95 Small FTTs, 11+ hours no errors in Prime95 Blend, 24+ hours in both memtest86+ and windows memory diagnostic no errors, pass WD diagnostic, etc. Any help would deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD despite no errors in prime95, memtest, etc

Quote: Originally Posted by virtuman1980

Windows 7 32 bit
2.4Ghz 1M 533
2x512mb ddr 333 PC2700
Nvidia P162
WD 80gb ide drive

Constant BSOD opening program like cpu-z, SIW 2011, etc...despite 24+ hours no errors in Prime95 Small FTTs, 11+ hours no errors in Prime95 Blend, 24+ hours in both memtest86+ and windows memory diagnostic no errors, pass WD diagnostic, etc. Any help would deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The cause of the BSOD is Related to cpuz135_x32.sys CPUID service from CPUID. I would remove it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/181542-bsod-despite-no-errors-prime95-memtest-etc.html
Relevancy 61.06%

While installing Windows XP on an old notebook of mine on every try - i would error on random files that couldn t just on almost errors all RAM? BUT sectors... replaced Memtest Bad I it.. copy over So I suspected bad RAM Ran memtest and Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it.. it racked up errors like crazy and eventually crashed with loud beeping flashing different colors with the character quot a quot printed all over the screen I figured the entire ram Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it.. module was just totally bad and dead so finally today I go out and buy a new stick same specs try to install XP again this time i get a bsod stop error somewhere in it saying something about ACPI or something i didn t catch it and haven t been able to recreate the error none the less just to check i ran memtest again and i start racking up errors from the Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it.. start already at by mb what could be the problem i tried both slots edit a little info about the notebook got it for free from someone old broked i wanted to fix it it says its an Alienware i don t know what model exactly i think it s manufactured by someone else though it s some generic Notebook D P model A i don t know what that means or remember how i found any of that out i don t know much about the machine but i figure this problem is irrelevant it s a p mhz and both the old and current ram modules are kingston MB ddr mhz edit the error on xp setup was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA nbsp

A:Bad RAM? Memtest errors on almost all sectors... BUT I just replaced it..

you could have a bad ram slot or the mobo is shot. Also check your CMOS battery. You may require professional replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-ram-memtest-errors-on-almost-all-sectors-but-i-just-replaced-it.97796/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, after getting the BSOD many times, reinstalling windows and trying to debug i still have no idea how to fix my brand new system

I just bought a dell xps 9100 with 12gbs of ram and im assuming that its faulty because memtest returned 18000+ errors in around 10 minutes of checking..

Now that i know there are many errors, what do i do about it?!

Id really like to notsend it into dell because i need it for school....
Can anyone help me please !?
Thanks in advance!

A:MemTest Over 18688 Errors! BSOD help please!!

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexBSOD

Hi, after getting the BSOD many times, reinstalling windows and trying to debug i still have no idea how to fix my brand new system

I just bought a dell xps 9100 with 12gbs of ram and im assuming that its faulty because memtest returned 18000+ errors in around 10 minutes of checking..

Now that i know there are many errors, what do i do about it?!

Id really like to notsend it into dell because i need it for school....
Can anyone help me please !?
Thanks in advance!

If it is under warranty and you narrow down which stick (or sticks) it is dell might send you the RAM, but would you be able to put it in yourself?

I would let Dell do it just in case it is more than just that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179666-memtest-over-18688-errors-bsod-help-please.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hi guys
i carried out memtest to check my ram and it has been running for the past 14 hours and
shows 3933 errors, it has carried out std test and it shows pass 8 times ... wat shud i do

A:memtest 86+ v 4.20 carried on pc and shows 4000 errors

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Just have a read over the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194204-memtest-86-v-4-20-carried-pc-shows-4000-errors.html
Relevancy 60.2%

PC Asus P P D i - GHz Radeon GB x GB DDR is giving me BSOD with quot memory management quot and a BCCode of x crashed running 3 no after errors hours with Memtest A No new hardware added and no USB devices connected other than keyboard Only new software in recent memory is a codec for MKV video Ran memtest It had successful passes through my RAM Sometime during the sixth the screen became corrupted and all the text was more or less filled with some funky symbols I'm not sure how memtest Memtest crashed after running 3 hours with no errors works Is this a symptom of bad RAM Is it a symptom of something else Currently re-running memtest and on pass with errors Should I be testing with only stick at a time Also I have an identical machine available which includes that MKV codec In theory I 'may' be able to just swap HDs and see if the problem occurs on the quot good machine quot That would lead me to believe its a SW issue instead of a HW issue Any thoughts recommendations Thanks in advance

A:Memtest crashed after running 3 hours with no errors

Also try Prime95: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums (run the Blend test as well as the SmallFFTs test)

You could try swapping the HDDs. I have got a similar situation to work before, it simply required re-activation of Windows within 30 days (which you do not have to worry about seeing as the swap would be temporary).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/memtest-crashed-after-running-3-hours-with-no-errors-569712.html
Relevancy 60.2%

The computer is on an ABIT IS -V motherboard CPU an Intel Northwood GHz overclocked to Ghz Memory is two PC GB OCZ Platinum rev modules running with a ratio -- i e at only Mhz voltage on memory is v on the vcore v The machine runs Prime stably and I have calculated one million digits of Pi with SuperPi many times Memory timings are I have run Memtest for as much as hours with no errors ever reported But it will rarely freeze in Memtest No error no reboot just freezes so I have to power down to get control Escape which should restart in Memtest does not restart the machine I have tried upping the vcore one notch -- v with no effect and tried dropping the FSB again with no effect The strange thing is that Memtest never reports an error If a failure occurs it is the freeze I described I have searched on net and tried several things I found there with no effect The one that seemed to work for other people is not available in my BIOS disable legacy USB while running Memtest The machine is running as cool as a cucumber with a humungous Thermaltake CPU cooler and Northbridge active cooling nbsp

A:Memtest runs for hours with no errors -- then freezes

Before Universal Abit closed down they had known problems with capacitors.

Take the side off the machine and use a bright light to look carefully at the capacitors. The capacitors are small can type objects that should be perfectly flat on the top. If any have "domed" tops (often described as "bulging" or "swollen"), are leaking a brownish looking fluid, or the capacitors are leaning (not perpendicular to the motherboard) they may be bad.

Attached is a link showing what you should be looking for.

http://www.badcaps.net/ident/

Bad capacitors may not be near as bad as some of the ones pictured and still be bad. Also, you may notice a slight "metallic" or "amonia like" smell in the case.

Attached are some pics of bad caps on an Abit board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memtest-runs-for-hours-with-no-errors-then-freezes.909696/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have today had a bsod which said memory management, i have the mini dump files if required.

I dont understand why this is happening because i have checked my ram for 12 hours on memtest86 and it has come up with no errors, i have had no problems with my hardware before and since the crash i have completely reinstalled windows but i have had the bsod again.

Does anyone know what could be the problem, could it be motherboard / cpu / psu?

Also one side note i run my ram at stock settings from manufacturer, but i undervolt my cpu by a small amount however it is completely stable in stress tests so im not sure this would have any effect on ram either i just thought i would mention this incase.

A:MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD - No memtest errors! - Help please!

Yes we need the dump files.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and post all the information

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359232-memory-management-bsod-no-memtest-errors-help-please.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys hope someone can share some advice on on Memtest built errors/BSOD system newly this Specs Mobo Biostar T XE RAM Kingston Hyper Blu GB KHX C D B K G PDF datasheet here CPU Intel Core i - Processor GHz PSU Rosewill Xtreme Series RX -S-B - ATX V EPS V - Watt - active PFC Graphic Card ASUS nVidia GeForce GTX MB DDR SSD OS OCZ Technology GB Vertex Series HDD Data Western Digital WD Caviar Black TB Case AZZA Solano R OS Windows Home Premium -bit Problem - The computer after a few reinstalls and a few Win problems upon other problems trying to get the latest nVidia drivers installed for instance BSODs seemingly randomly It has so far done it at the following times During regular Excel use Moments after booting into Memtest errors/BSOD on newly built system Windows While browsing YouTube videos Moments before system shutdown The error Memtest errors/BSOD on newly built system shown on the BSOD is the following STOP x which I've looked into and it Memtest errors/BSOD on newly built system seems it's usually a hardware issue What I've Tried - Installing up to date Graphic Drivers I could not for the life of me getting the latest quot safe quot nvidia drivers loaded They kept failing over and over and caused BSODs times I then tried installing the latest beta drivers in Safe Mode which worked so those are the ones I'm running Didn't stop the problem - MemTest the version that runs from a bootdisk has returned some errors The first one was returned whilst testing both sticks at once then I tested each individually and got no errors then I updated my mobo RAM settings and tested both again at which point I got the second and third set of errors Error TST PASS FAILING ADDRESS f ebf c - mb GOOD BAD ERR BITS COUNT CPU Error TST PASS FAILING ADDRESS ea dd - mb GOOD BAD ERR BITS COUNT CPU Error TST PASS FAILING ADDRESS f ebf c - mb GOOD BAD ERR BITS COUNT CPU For all tests I let it do passes basically let it run overnight Not really sure what to do with this information - Reseating components I've tried reseating the RAM and the graphic card didn't help - Setting the voltage higher on the CPU CPU-Z returned a voltage of on my CPU I upped that to I think but it didn't help at all - Setting the voltage on the RAM well the BIOS had already set it to the maximum my RAM can carry according to the PDF up there - Correcting the timings on the RAM The BIOS stated my RAM was running at Auto speed defaulted to anyway and - - - timings I corrected the timings to - - - as per Kingston's website and set the speed to stick at If anything this caused MORE memtest errors although that's a chance thing anyway - Cooling I bought a CM Hyper Plus HS and installed it I know Speedfan's temp sensors aren't too reliable but it's returning readings in the mid s to s for the CPU and s to s for the VGU What I Haven't Tried - Updating BIOS - scared of this as I've never done it before and I know how dangerous it can be Biostar offer a GUI version of their BIOS installer if that might help I'll try it - Better CPU - I'm aware my CPU is a little underclassed compared to most of the build not sure if that can affect stability though Not sure where to go from here it's still Memtesting as I don't know what else to try is there a way of finding out which RAM stick is bad if they both come back clean when tested seperately Shall I just RMA the RAM I know no errors are good errors just haven't really been in this situation before Any advice is appreciated Thanks guys

A:Memtest errors/BSOD on newly built system

Hi Dhakkel,

I am trying to get this straight, Memtest86 returns errors when you test both ram sticks on the motherboard. On the contrary, if you perform a individual ram test, Memtest86 returns NO errors. Hmmm.......

Try running the computer with only one stick and try updating the BIOS of the motherboard. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memtest-errors-bsod-on-newly-built-system-582784.html
Relevancy 59.77%

It started pretty recently, at least from what I've noticed. Fallout New Vegas and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare both crash fairly frequently and suddenly. Usually on loading screens, but sometimes mid-gameplay as well.

Event viewer always says they're 0xc0000005 errors, and the faulting module for New Vegas is nvac.dll (New Vegas Anti-Crash, the irony >.>) and the faulting module for advanced warfare is bink2w64.dll

I also found a random one just now. cvpnd.exe apparently crashed, the faulting module being cvpnd.exe as well. It looks like this is a Cisco VPN, which I don't even remember installing. 

A:Getting 0xc0000005 (Access Violation) errors but MemTest says my ram is fine?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570202/getting-0xc0000005-access-violation-errors-but-memtest-says-my-ram-is-fine/
Relevancy 59.77%

I ran the latest version of MemTest86 - Offical Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool

At the end of the test it asked me to save a html report yes or no and I choose arrow left for yes but I don't know where it stored this html report?

in any case I wrote everything down just in case.

here it is:

At pass 3/4 it found an error
>Test: 13 Addr: 3644941A8 expected: FFFFFFFF Actual FFFFFBFF CPU: 0

It said in total 3 errors but only shows the above.
The summary results:

Lowest error address: 0x3644941AB (13892MB)
Highest error address: 0x3644941AB (13892MB)

Bits in error mask: 0000000000000400
Max contiguuous Errors: 1

I have in total 24 GB, and have 4 sticks, used to have 2 but then I upgraded my memory with two extra sticks.

Use corsair for all 4.
How can I fix this? Is this a wrong setting in the bios?

Also should I worry with this result?

A:Ran Memtest and found 3 errors with 1 real error showing up

Anyone guys?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361946-ran-memtest-found-3-errors-1-real-error-showing-up.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there The last few days I've been having some serious problems withmy desktop running Winxp sp I was playing the game F E A R and after about half hour in it cut off with an error message about the instruction at address could not be read After that whenever shutting down or starting up my PC memory memtest problem. errors, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, possible BSOD: I got various BSODs with the quot STOP quot error and various error messages -PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA -CRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL -MEMORY MANAGEMENT -PFN LIST CORRUPT at the end saying quot dumping physical memory to disk quot I read it could be to do with recent hardware or software changes the most recent hardware I added was a PCI serial port card about months ago and have been using my PC almost every day since no probs I can't even remember what the last software I added was Anyway I removed the card and still getting errors on two occasions the BSOD pointed to a file First aswmon sys which is associated with Avast antivirus - I did some searching on these errors and found that antivirus software can be responsible so I entered windows in safe mode went to control panel gt avast gt change remove gt repair installation and after that it hasn't pointed to that file again but the problem is still there I also read it could be a bad partition on the hard drive so also in safe mode I de-fragged the Hard drive Although I do this pretty often and don't really transfer many large files around anyway so it was already n pretty good shape but BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, memtest errors, possible memory problem. just an extra precaution I also ran Chkdsk f r which ran its tests and said the volume BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, memtest errors, possible memory problem. was clean Still getting errors Next I did a memtest check and immediately got errors - last I checked it was through the second passs I had about errors This probably indicates a physical problem with the memory but the memtest read me says to check all your timings and compatibility then run again to be sure I'd like to be sure the memory is bad before trying to replace it and I'm not sure how to go about checking changing the timings etc Can someone show me how Is it through the BIOS settings somewhere I only bought this memory along with a motherboard CPU and PSU all brand new from Overclockers UK about months ago Specs at end and have been running them all together since with no problems With no recent hardware or software changes I'm puzzled at why this has suddenly got so bad Can overtaxing memory cause it permanent physical damage By that I mean I use Solidworks CAD software which can be pretty intensive so maybe this could have overtaxed the memory Then again I have been using this software for a coupla years no problems Thanks for reading Regards Matt Specs PSU W Cooler-Master real power M CPU Intel Core quad Q GHz MB L cache MHz FSB MOBO Gigabyte S-Series GA-EP -DS RAM Crucial Ballistix tracer GB DDR PC - GPU Radion X

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-page_fault_in_non_paged_area-memtest-errors-possible-memory-problem-332213.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone, I have been getting BSODs for awhile now unfortunately. At first I thought it was my power supply not supplying enough power anymore because it's 2+ years old and has been through many builds.

Well, I ran Memtest last night just to be sure, and after waking up 8 hours later, Memtest had reported over 450+ errors, this was with BOTH ram sticks inserted / being tested.

My timings were set as they should be (9-9-9-24-2t command rate and 1.5v DRAM voltage).

Now onto my question:

I'm currently testing 1 stick at a time to see if the errors pop up on one stick only. Now, in the BIOS, I have the timings set to 9-9-9-24-2t command rate, 1.5v DRAM voltage, but in Memtest it says:

CAS: 6-6-6-20 / Single Channel (when testing one stick only)

Are those timings normal / what they should be for testing one stick? Or is there something wrong?

A:450+ errors in Memtest with both sticks, now running 1 stick, question

Try resetting the BIOS options for CPU and RAM back to normal and try again. This could be the problem to begin with (overclocking). If you get a BSOD while overclocking, reset the BIOS back to normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224845-450-errors-memtest-both-sticks-now-running-1-stick-question.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone i was told to come here from tomshardware to have some help looking into my minidumps heres a link to the thread + Errors Mem BSODS Memtest Management,Page fault to see what's been done Mem Management,Page fault BSODS + Memtest Errors Link Heres the situation Running a Homebuilt PC with gb x gb ram sticks Crucial Ballistix sport GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BLS G D DS S Mobo is msi g Not until recently did i find out that this kit that was sold to me from microcenter isn't actually a kit it's just separate gb sticks slapped together and called a kit not sure that matters Got my first BSOD a month or two ago ignored it but then it started to happen maybe - times a day and finally got fed up and seeked help i looked around and saw that it may be things Driver issue Bad ram Voltage issue So i updated all my drivers still get the BSODs i ran memtest on the sticks individually on all the DIMMs and the passed but when running memtest together i get errors so to me it seems its something else probably something with compatibility What i've tried so far to remedy the situation is increasing the DIMM and CPU-NB voltage by twice first time i got a BSOD within the first hour nd time it took days for the next BSOD any help is appreciated thanks btw im watching this thread like a hawk so i'll reply very quickly dumps are attached thanks again

A:Mem Management,Page fault BSODS + Memtest Errors

heres a pic of my cpu-z spd tab i forgot to mention i've run prime95 and aida64 bench tests and didnt get any bsods or anything....

and i've also run the basics like system scans and chkdsks...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257875-mem-management-page-fault-bsods-memtest-errors.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys I am desperate to solve this seemingly impossible problem My system crashes regularly I replaced my motherboard twice one same brand one different my memory times tried sticks my video card and even my processor I replaced my motherboard this past Sunday and Memtest passed for the first time since it started crashing Now three days later the machine fails memtest and is crashing again The only things original to the system are the case PSU W hard drive video card returned replacement and CD-ROM The memory passes Memtest on an alternate system BIOS settings are all default w overclocking of any kind Setting the memory timing and voltage manually does not fix the issue So why would a machine pass memtest with a fresh motherboard replacement then die like the rest after a couple days The only things I installed were a couple games and some world of warcraft quot mods quot I m starting to think crazy thoughts like my memory is destroying my motherboards theres a horrible virus going around that destroys your computer and nobody knows about it yet or I have a huge electromagnetic field surrounding my room too bad my server isn t crashing which is right next to it Seriously though I ve been working on computers for years and have never been this stumped or clueless Did I put the ATX power into the board backwards pin and pin reverse and destroy the boards is this even possible I haven t touched the guts between the time it worked and it busted Motherboard Abit IP Pro Memtest Errors - Fails - System Memory crashes also had ASUS Maximus Formulas Memory Memtest Fails - Memory Errors - System crashes Corsair CM X - X - x GB Processor Intel Core Duo GHz PSU w Apevia Iceburg CD-ROM Samsung DVD writer CD writer OS Windows XP Pro SP Video PNY Nvidia GTS Hard Drive GB Western Digital Sony Floppy drive nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

After you read this if you want to be extra helpful you can message me mobo/psu/ram out. memtest whats poor girl help the culprit? errors. a on help a poor girl out. memtest errors. mobo/psu/ram whats the culprit? AIM AlissaShreddah or MSN Seduca yahoo com or Reply to post ok Ive made a few posts since this started against what i wanted to do i actually went out today and bought a legal copy of Windows XP to attempt to solve the problems Ive been having with my computer random freezes motherboard beeps once Seemed to help as the xp actually installed where it wasnt before with my bootleg so yay Im in my computer and I do a little happy dance but then other problems start to occur weird random firefox crashes I tried to run WoW and it crashed with a BSoD and then when I restarted I got another BSoD crash SO I decided to do a Memtest since people keep telling me I should check my RAM Im currently in the process off doing this on pass now so far errors I have sticks of gig A-data ram in currently from what I read I should now take out stick of ram and test just stick and see if i get any errors correct I have a feeling its a combination of my motherboard and power supply as the culprit because this only started happening after installing a more powerful video card my powersupply came with my case i know crappy and its w icute brand motherboard is ASUS M V with AMD processor If i get a new motherboard it will NOT be asus they have terrible customer service what do people suggest Im pretty sure its an AM socket the crappy thing is i cant test if its the socket on the motherboard thats the problem because if i skip a slot say i put the stick in slot not slot the motherboard just beeps like crazy and doesnt boot so i basically have no choice but to test in slot ok so the errors are as follows ERROR Test Pass Failing Address fe - mb Good cd e ae Bad c e ae Err-Bits Count ERROR Test Pass Failing Address fe - mb Good e Bad e Err-bits Count I have tried googling around and have read that memtest doesnt always mean its the sticks of memory but it can sometimes be my motherboard how do i rule that out since i cant test different slots is there any other program i can run to test if its a motherboard issue I know i probably need more power Im running an nvidia gt and sound blaster audigy for video audio PLEASE ANY HELP APPRECIATED

A:help a poor girl out. memtest errors. mobo/psu/ram whats the culprit?

bumpbumpbump

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-a-poor-girl-out-memtest-errors-mobo-psu-ram-whats-the-culprit-273784.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey all When I start up my computer I'm getting a lot of application errors If it was an error relating to a single file I would seek a solution separately but all these errors for different files are appearing simultaneously and are displaying the same error message so I'm thinking they must be related Event Viewer shows the following errors under Application category Faulting application drwtsn exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x b b Faulting application wuauclt exe version faulting module unknown version fault startup on Faulty errors application address x fc b Faulting application logonui exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x f b And they're just a few of the many listed I was getting the 'failed to run dll as app' error previously so I system Faulty application errors on startup restored and now am stuck with this Once I click close to all the errors which open upon startup the computer seems to function smoothly so its just a problem with all the error notifications Ive looked around an don't know how Faulty application errors on startup to get rid of all these application errors Maybe a registry cleaner I want to be sure before I get the software Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Faulty application errors on startup

I would suggest trying a System restore to a week ago at least.

Failing a fix that way, a Repair Install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-application-errors-on-startup-421362.html
Relevancy 55.9%

What is up with my computer now? It comes up with a screen saying
"Nvidia GeForce MX440 Bios
version 4.17.4E.69.IP
Copywright (C) 1996-2002 NVIDIA Corp
64.00MB RAM"
and gets no further but I did at lest get it turned on by shorting the speaker pins.

If you need any more info or pics to help you guys help me solve it, just ask.

Relevancy 55.9%

I'm not highly tech savvy but I will find out how to do anything needed.

Of the 20 odd times my pc has turned off - only the first time did I have BSOD. It might be unrelated as it was some weeks before this problem.

My computer turns off during any game I play. (And then when I try to turn it on sometimes is turns off) but it doesn't only turn off during games. The computer becomes warm, but not hot (a few months ago it got very hot, but I now use an underneath cooling fan).

After it switches off, sometimes it runs 'Pre-boot System Assessment 4124'.
The computer will always turn off when testing 'Memory - WCMch test'.

Does this mean there is something wrong my memory?

A:Windows 7 - Is it faulty hardware from these errors?

Inconclusive.

Please upload a report and in the mean time run these hardware tests
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...memtest86.html
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-is-it-faulty-hardware-from-these-errors-628599.html
Relevancy 55.47%

DxDiag DxDiag txt Some time Graphic fan errors/Faulty startup/Inactive ago I bought a brand new computer I've had no issues and every game has ran smoothly But now I'm encountering some problems such as The Witcher not performing optimally not even Total War Attila It's not lagging but it's not flawless either And I find this strange considering I have two GTX 's Sometimes when I start my computer then it doesn't Graphic errors/Faulty startup/Inactive fan activate devices such as the monitor the keyboard or the mice They don't light up and the monitor doesn't receive Graphic errors/Faulty startup/Inactive fan any feedback I can solve this by shutting down my PC and starting it again Sometimes when I've booted my PC or left it inactive but on for a long time and return I will get freezes The whole computer can freeze from - seconds or indefinitely This only happens sometimes which is why it's so strange One day I can play any game the whole day without getting freezes Another I cannot It seems to help to use CCleaner and then restart the PC Sometimes when my PC freezes and shortly unfreezes then I can get corruption in the screen lots of black bars in random places pixels are displaced and sometimes I can't use it probably because it froze with the graphical errors I can also add that I'm getting the quot driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped working quot error There are two fans right next to my harddrive docks one of them works and the other is just inactive I've used Cpuid HWmonitor and it's not hot at all It might activate if it gets too warm but I haven't checked Any help would be appreciated I'm mostly concerned about the graphic errors and why some games might be slow even though they shouldn't be

A:Graphic errors/Faulty startup/Inactive fan

Please post your BSOD stop errors. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
Are you using any USB hubs? If so stop for now and plug directly to the PC. Do you know what kind of power supply is in the machine?

I honestly don't know where to start it could be anything. Power Supply, Memory, HDD, GPU. Random freezes may be attributed to faulty RAM on some occasions.

STEP ONE
Testing RAM requires A LOT of time. You will need a USB drive. Please download metest86 and install it onto a your USB flash drive. I recommend to leave it running overnight for a minimum of two passes, however I personally suggest 4 passes. If any errors occur let me know. If no errors occur please follow on to the next step. http://www.memtest.org/download/5.01....installer.zip

STEP 2
Only after step one has been done try doing a system file check. Please follow Option one on this tutorial. SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8
Does SMART report anything unusual or warnings concerning your storage devices?

STEP 3
Remove one GPU, go on with normal activity see if anything changes. If nothing changes swap the GPU but only one will remain in the system at a time.

If any instructions are unclear which could very well be let me know.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66646-graphic-errors-faulty-startup-inactive-fan.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I own a Asus N Jq Series laptop I was browsing the web The errors. \boot\memtest.exe Status: 0xc000000f File: Win7 crash/boot laptop crashed When trying to reboot the quot Starting windows quot would appear together with the big Windows logo I could reboot in normal mode and in safe mode I chose for safe mode to no avail After this the screen went black and all I could do was move the white cursor I tried Win7 crash/boot errors. File: \boot\memtest.exe Status: 0xc000000f rebooting again and again to no avail I picked up my Asus User manual and it told me to press f during the booting of the laptop This allowed it to use the Recovery Partition To no effect I selected the option and a light blue gray screen would appear I'm assuming the background of the Recovery Partition screen That was it I could move the cursor but that was all It was exactly the same except the background color had changed Next I used the Recovery DVDs AI Recovery Burner Esc on bootup select optical drive and press Enter to boot from Recovery DVD Then OK to start to restore the image Then OK to confirm system recovery AI Recovery Restore goes threw the recovery DVDs AI Recovery Message box quot Successfully restored the disk from ASUS Recovery DVD Elapsed Time quot press OK It Reboots Windows start screen quot Starting windows quot then back to the gray screen with only mouse movement After this I tried pressing f again to reboot it in safe mode or repair it but that option didn't show up Trying another manual mode didn't work either since nothing appeared for me to click on so I couldn't solve the problem I did manage to diagnose the problem This is what appeared file boot memtest exe status xc f info quot The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt quot I have no Windows installation disc just ASUS recovery discs and ASUS driver amp utility Ver IF anyone can help it would be much appreciated

A:Win7 crash/boot errors. File: \boot\memtest.exe Status: 0xc000000f

Hello there!

Seems like your bootloader could be corrupted. You either need the installation media or try to factory reset your Laptop. How to Restore an ASUS Laptop to the Factory Settings | eHow.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215451-win7-crash-boot-errors-file-boot-memtest-exe-status-0xc000000f.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 44.72%

So I did the memtest and its defiinetly my memory / hardrive I got 686 errors. What do I do now ? And the proccess of doing whatever I need to do?

Thank you guys for helping me really narrow down this Problem.

A:I did the Memtest86+ with seven passes

Errors with the memory or hard drive or both? If it is memory, you will have to replace the bad stick if you have more than one memory stick installed. If it is the hard drive, a disk check while attempting to repair, might fix it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-did-the-memtest86-with-seven-passes.176788/
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok you know how When you type a password in and it asks you remember password and you click yes and then from no on whenever you go to that page your pass is already typed in so you can hit log in well mine wont do that anymore any ideas as to why i cant figure it out

A:Passes not saving?

Check your cookie settings (this is where website passwords are usually stored). You might have your browser options set to delete all cookies whenever you close the browser, or you might be using a system cleaning program that is deleting your cookies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/passes-not-saving-660471.html
Relevancy 44.72%

...as time passes by,MSSE is out for a while now,new NIS is out,and few other security apps are out,what do most of us use as a main antimalware app?
It was Avast before,and now?
Personally,I'm using MSSE even without Malwarebytes,and it serves me quite good,but maybe something better is out so I want to hear a feeedback from others.

A:So as time passes by...

I use MSE by itself, and I have had no problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/51087-so-time-passes.html
Relevancy 44.72%

ok i have a question. i ran all tests on my ram sticks i have in my laptop. everything passes no matter what ram test i run... can ram still be bad and just not picked up buy tests.. reason i ask is i did a memory assessment speed and i it came back as 1778.38mb to me that seems slow..... a few weeks ag\o i ran it it said 2178.88

so i am at a loss....

my ram is kingston ddr2 II 800mhz 4gigs worth 2 gig sticks...

any info thanks.. cause i am thinking of just buying brand new sticks and see what happens...

A:can ram be bad even though it passes all tests

Well to be honest that might just be it

Passing ram test are good things but take in mind you have a weak cpu 1.66ghz

That alone is a performance block you are on a Lappy that is actually decent don't worry to much unless you are getting bad delays and multiple mem crashes

If not don't worry enjoy what you have ,You don't have a high performer so i would'nt be to worried

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/182414-can-ram-bad-even-though-passes-all-tests.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I recently acquired a 4 year old PC, when I turn it on it passes the POST test (single short beep) and nothing appears on the monitor. The CD drive ejects and keeps ejecting whenever you close it, even with a CD in it. All fans are working.

If you unplug the monitor is says that it doesn't detect a signal. You swap a new monitor in, the same thing happens. So I'm assuming that it isn't the monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a loss a to what to next look for.

Cheers

A:Passes POST, but nothing displays

Try changing your video card. More specs of your PC,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/passes-post-but-nothing-displays.137225/
Relevancy 44.29%

HP 9650 printer -- sometimes when I try to print a graphic-- drawings, not photos, not huge -- the one I'm working on right now is 425 KB -- the paper just passes through the printer, with nothing printed on it. And it'll keep doing this until I turn everything off and start over. Whats the story? What can I do? It happens way too often.

A:HP Printer - paper passes right through

See if HP have a newer driver on their website, or simply remove and re-install the existing one.
http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-printer-paper-passes-right-through.1011792/
Relevancy 43.86%

I work from home and use my system at length each day Last year it each day passes seemingly System down as slowing seemed to bog down so I bought more memory for it putting it at GB from I try to keep the system clean inside of dust and it has been recently cleaned last month Every day it seems to get slower and System seemingly slowing down as each day passes slower Normally System seemingly slowing down as each day passes when there System seemingly slowing down as each day passes is a slow down I check processes and Windows Update is hogging up the ram I have my Updates off to prevent the unexpected spikes in ram consumption and I just do manual updates every now and again I cant seem to pinpoint what is going on now I am starting to have long delays between programs opening Clicking on a webpage it can take several minutes before my cursor quot activates quot like its just loading forever God forbid I have to use Excel because the loading of that can take far too long I feel like buying a new PC isn t really necessary but I can t keep working with this guy being so slow to load I appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Toshba laptop with Synaptics Touchpad v whenever it passes over an icon it opens at least one window of the program more often than not it opens several I have disabled the touchpad and can use a USB them are the Programs when over passes cursor opening optical mouse with no problems I have unchecked the 'open submenus when i pause on them' in start menu I have done a full scan of the laptop Programs are opening when the cursor passes over them with both Microsoft Security Essentials and AVG nothing has been found It started when my Programs are opening when the cursor passes over them dughter accidentally clicked on a link on Facebook aaagh I'm guessing it brought a virus with it Any suggestions I originally posted and have run the instructions for malware removal hopefully correctly they are attached I have a windows rewcovery disk which i have already tried to no avail DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by derek at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TPHM TosWaitSrv exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Registration ToshibaReminder exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosSmartSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosSENotify exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosSENotify exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TPHM TosWaitSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Registration ToshibaReminder exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Toshiba Online Product Information TOPI exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil u ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system vssvc exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MpCmdRun exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MpCmdRun exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp uk yahoo com uWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - c program files microsoft office of... Read more

A:Programs are opening when the cursor passes over them

Hello da200560,

I'm not seeing any malware in these logs. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Save it to your desktop.
Note: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require a reboot to complete removals. After a reboot, if required, post that saved log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/programs-are-opening-when-the-cursor-passes-over-them-589539.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Mozilla downplays Firefox bug, passes on fixSays flaw is 'low risk;' Google security researcher calls it 'non-issue,' blasts pressComputerWorld

A:Mozilla downplays Firefox bug, passes on fix

The facts are that Firefox is riddled with holes and flaws. It's just up to time on when they are discovered. Funny though, about a Google security engineer saying it's a non-issue - with all Google's recent lawsuits on collecting private user data across the globe. Personal security is the last thing that Google is concerned about.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340937/mozilla-downplays-firefox-bug-passes-on-fix/
Relevancy 43.86%

Here is what is happening I insert the DVD Disk And nothing happens I open up Explorer and click on Play to Inspection DVD Passes Fails the DVD Icon Just as Windows begins to scan the disk the disk is ejected with a message ' please insert a disk' In DVD Passes Inspection Fails to Play device manager properities - if I click DVD Passes Inspection Fails to Play on update driver Windows states all is good Nothing to do I did choose region -United States region Once the DVD-R movie played did play It was a fluke After that experience it never happened again This problem -inserting a DVD disk be it data be it film materials happens on three HP xw computers that I recently installed a fresh install Windows Pro Windows works fine except I cannot access the DVD film DVD Passes Inspection Fails to Play movie disks I noticed that the player can read and access any cd data disk that I inserted So it looks as though on all three Hp computers that I can read write cd disks - and cannot play a DVD disk with film movie material These are DVD devices on the computers Example Hl-Dt-St DVDRRW GLA- B ATA Thanks for any fix

A:DVD Passes Inspection Fails to Play

Try this (1):
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista

Try this(2):
1) Shut down PC.
2) Physically disconnect the CD/DVD Drive.
3) Reboot to Windows with NO DVD drive.
4) Shut down PC.
5) Physically reconnect the CD/DVD Drive.
6) Reboot to Windows with DVD drive.
7) Check Device status.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/263014-dvd-passes-inspection-fails-play.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I unherited this All-In-One unit from my uncle who passed away I'd looked at this once before for him when it wouldn't connect to start but HP passes HP not wiil All-In-One Diagnostics the internet with a wired connection at his house but would connect at my house we had different ISPs I ultimately lent him a router so he connected wirelessly for the rest of his life Anyway now that it's mine I'm having a problem getting it to start at all I get the Starting Windows screen and about half of one of the balls then it just freezes If you hit Escape you're presented with HP All-In-One passes HP Diagnostics but wiil not start a Startup screen with various options I believe F is to setup the computer F is for System Recovery F Boot Menu etc Both F and F give me the same half a ball that I get on normal startup before freezing F takes through a set of diagnostic processes - processor hard drive memory SMART test It passes every test When I boot from a W disk I get the 'press any key to boot from CD' msg yet when I press any key I get the 'loading files' bar which eventually fills then nothing I tried booting from a Spotmau Bootsuite disk I get the initial screen but when I tab to the Bootsuite menu I again get nothing - just a black screen I'm about ready to hit my inheritance with a very big hammer

A:HP All-In-One passes HP Diagnostics but wiil not start

Try another boot disk provided to work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
since if its infected it may not repair until it is cleaned up. This will also tell you if the DVD drive is good or a disk cannot boot for another reason.

To help determine this reset the BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS
While in BIOS confirm the HD is detected as is expected from it passing its test.

There are flash stick alternatives for all of the necessary boot disks including the Win7 installer provided.

If neither disk nor flash stick will boot, unplug the disk drive and try flash boot again. If this fails unplug the HD to see if the disk or stick will boot. If so it may have boot code interfering which requires wiping the HD. Try a self-booting disk like Partition Wizard, or move to another PC to slave the drive, remove the data and wipe it.

You can also slave the HD to another working PC to disinfect and then repair System files from booted Win7 DVD or OS Command Line. SFC /SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot
to see if it will boot before wiping it.

Once you can boot a disk or stick with HD plugged into HP, confirm the Partition Marked Active then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times, report back what it finds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318460-hp-all-one-passes-hp-diagnostics-but-wiil-not-start.html
Relevancy 43.86%

when I'm watching videos online (doesnt really matter the site youtube, myspace, ect) I get random crashes. the mouse will stop moving and I cant turn the num lock on or anything.

I've formatted the harddrive (several times) with no luck. done all the windows updates and individual hardware updates for everything.

I just dont get it. I have my CPU and VPU watercooled too so its definately not a overheating issue. I have a total of 10 case fans as well.

the only thing I can think is im using a cheap power supply. could that be the cause? yet it still passes burn in tests is why im so confused?

A:passes burn in test, but still instability

Try a quality power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/passes-burn-in-test-but-still-instability.675457/
Relevancy 43.86%

friends I thought I was fairly bright skilled on PC 'issues' but this one has me OCCT passes, AMD Driver how? Fails... completely beaten I had a sapphire radeon gb low power card for my combo win ultimate x core-duo hp HTPC OCCT passes, AMD Driver Fails... how? Lab-mule system and it was just dandy for years no issues so I got smart and replaced with a well-reviewed MSI Radeon GB not knowing that they are essentially the same identical however after half dozen removals of ALL video drivers reinstalling time after time the 'new' I still have driver crashes bsods artifacting etc etc that I've never ever seen on this machine so I thought the card was bad Read the sevenforums tutorial on OCCT and downloaded ran it for hours no errors in Directx mode no errors in directx mode no errors period until I ran something simple like google chrome or IE then BSOD as before these errors bsods seem to have no pattern it can be something or nothing sometimes it is in flipping some web page to fullscreen sometimes it is a video flash shockwave jw whatever sometimes its simply executing anything - windows explorer a blank-page IE startup i have it set to just open a tab no webpage Re OCCT - I have a question if I run CPU not GPU tests there's this cool fractal image that runs it moves and does what fractals do If I run GPU tests with error checking enabled etc I get the pane that the animation is supposed to run in but the image is static its not updating is that normal seems pointless to me to open that second window at a loss here a beaten man somebody school me

A:OCCT passes, AMD Driver Fails... how?

If you put the 5570 back in, problem solved or continues?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/295702-occt-passes-amd-driver-fails-how.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I m new Resets, Reseting Passes POST BIOS no PC here and I have an issue with my PC Here is the issue I have had the PC for a year now and it worked fine all that time about weeks ago it started having issues the fan was running very fast or so the Probe II utility PC Reseting Passes POST Resets, no BIOS was telling PC Reseting Passes POST Resets, no BIOS me So what do I do I go and buy a new heat sink and fan alright a little bit more on the heating issue I play WoW and I like to listen to my music in the background so I normally have something else running in the backHello everyone I m new here and I have an issue with my PC Here is the issue I have had the PC for a year now and it worked fine all that PC Reseting Passes POST Resets, no BIOS time about weeks ago it started having issues the fan was running very fast or so the Probe II utility was telling me So what do I do I go and buy a new heat sink and fan alright a little bit more on the heating issue I play WoW and I like to listen to my music in the background so I normally have something else running in the background does it tax my CPU never did it before so it was weird that it started up so I chucked it up to bad CPU fan but the thing is that the CPU itself was running at the correct temperature or so the Utility said it was running within the parameters that it should run The thing that got me though was that the computer would be really sluggish if I ran WoW and WinAmp in the background so I would kill WinAmp and the game would still run sluggish at this point is when I bought the new fan and heat sink The fan I bought connects to pins I did not really change the settings for it to run on only that but it should not be an issue but I probably should have ah well live and learn Ok brings me to the present day after the install of the new heat sink and fan it would still run slugish if there was WinAmp and the game running so no more winamp for me no big deal I have a second computer and a Laptop Last night I turn off my computer doing the whole Windows Shutdown I leave it shutting down and I kill my monitor after a while the darn thing still not shut off so what do I do I hard kill it instead of turning on my monitor and checking to see if anything is wrong dumb move I know but we all have done that one before where you are forced to shut it down because it wont do it on its own Now I get up this morning and I turn it on all I hear is a beep then a reset another beep and so on and so forth and well not doing anything else So there is the problem following specs for my board Board ASUS P ND -SLI CPU Intel Pentium D Its either a or I don t even remember now Video Nvidia- of them wanted to run them SLI but they would make the system hang So yeah had issues with this system from the start Hard Drive s Got SATA drives a G and a G Running windows on the that was the original one I had the came later both Western Digitals Memory -DDR - so G of Memory Sound Card Original Audigy went bad second card the Live cheap but it works So again issues there the card somehow went bad no idea how Power Supply I am running the Antec TPII W So there s the system not to shabby but not that great either enough to run WoW and all the other stuff I do Now what have I done Well I am a PC guy I studied PC s and all that but this one has me stomped I have not ran into this issue before and was wondering if anyone out there has First thing that comes to mind BIOS got mest up some how but lets go over the basics first and cover all bases Since the last time that I opened it to install the new fan I did a full clean up so maybe I mest something up Not the first time that it has happen I m only human I build my own PC s both the ones I have are not from any manufacturer so I tend to know PC s well most of the time hehe Check cables Check Check CPU Heat sink Fan Check Though I did screw up and did not clean the CPU enough I think when I put the gel on I know bad idea Check Memory Ch... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reseting-passes-post-resets-no-bios.69090/
Relevancy 43.43%

There seems to be no pattern as to when I get a BSOD I ran Memtest for about hours w/o passes BSOD overclocking, Different and w/ Memtest86+ randomly, full cycles and there were no errors I've noticed also that Different BSOD randomly, w/ and w/o overclocking, Memtest86+ passes anytime I run Prime with high FFT lengths all cores fail almost immediately quot Rounding was expected quot is a common one I have gotten BSOD's when nothing was overclocked I've gotten it when doing light overclock stress testing as well I've gotten it when doing no stress testing and nothing else that's CPU or memory intensive Attached are the results of prefmon report and the files from running quot BSOD Dump amp System File Collection quot I'm really at a lose now of how to proceed Except for a couple spare HDD's that have been working fine for months this entire PC is new Specs Windows x Ultimate SP all updates installed Intel Core i K Corsair Vengeance Blue GB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Memory OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High-Performance Power Supply Crucial GB m -Inch Solid State Drive GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H LGA Intel Z M B COOLER MASTER Hyper EVO CPU Cooler Thank you in advance

A:Different BSOD randomly, w/ and w/o overclocking, Memtest86+ passes

Your crashes indicate hard disk or SSD problems. Since you are using an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:Your SSD Firmware
Your BIOS Version
Your chipset drivers
Your SATA controller drivers

If the above are up to date and you are still having problems, proceed to the next steps.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log.
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230143-different-bsod-randomly-w-w-o-overclocking-memtest86-passes.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have finally got myself back to where I can complete the steps Been a long road but I am so grateful the website Thankyou Quick history- Ucleaner adware - performed up to step successfully then lost my wireless config winsock was corrupted Resolved both by reading posts on this site Purchased and installed TrendMicro and scanned Downloaded trial of Mcaffe and scanned Downloaded Spyware Blaster and IE Spyad I think this is around where I lost my network connectvty Reinstalled the wireless card Ran quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot This gave me connectivity back Updated Microsoft updates Updated TrendMicro Downloaded Dss and ran So here are the files generated Deckard's System Scanner v Run by jzd tj on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- hopefully Dss graciously - passes inspection log submitted ur approval: 4 System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP graciously submitted 4 ur approval: Dss log - hopefully passes inspection - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as jzd tj exe ---------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Documents and Settings jzd tj Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE WMM CV dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK jzd tj exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO MSVPS System - D BCC- - C E- B-D E A - C WINDOWS mxduo dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F... Read more

A:graciously submitted 4 ur approval: Dss log - hopefully passes inspection

I sadly report that after submitting the log ... I message was displayed about security software not being functional. So I tried to launch TrendMocro. It wouldn't fully load and then I ot a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error message which said Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe. Once I click the x on this window another comes up which says follows which speaks about the PcCtlCom module encountering a problem - send error report. These 2 windows are re-occurring and won't go away. During the first round I got to a window which said "Error Report Contents -
C:\DOCUMEN1\jzd8tj\Temp\WER45dc.dir00\PcCtlCom.exe.mdmp. -and- C:\DOCUMEN1\jzd8tj\Temp\WER45dc.dir00\appcompat.txt" .

What a bummer!

I have tried to uninstall and then re-instsll Trend Micro. No luck. It bombs out as soon as the error message window pops-up. Says "Process Intrupted".

Any thoughts? I still have network connectivity.
flatpick610

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/graciously-submitted-4-ur-approval-dss-log-hopefully-passes-inspection-181460.html
Relevancy 43.43%

1 pass/3 passes/7 passes/35 passesI don't care about the time. I just want to know is it good to overwrite sth so many times. I don't want to do damage to my computer while thinking everything I do is good and 'so secure'.  

A:Wiping free space - overwritting [how many passes?]

The Department of Defense had somewhere in a manual years ago that said something like 3-7 passes. It's been debunked. One pass is all that's needed. SSD have something similar, but it just tells all the blocks to go to a zero electron state. However, this will use up one life cycle of the entire ssd drive. I guess that's the price to have a clear conscience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560671/wiping-free-space-overwritting-how-many-passes/
Relevancy 43.43%

my network port on my pc stopped working one day and i couldnt pass os installation so i bought a dell pci network card and it still wont pass

A:windows xp os installation never passes installing network

Anyone?!?!?!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-os-installation-never-passes-installing-network-285443.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I don t know if any of this has been posted here or not as I have been away for a few days This is all taken from the Spywareinfo Newsletter The full article can be found here http www spywareinfo com newsletter archives php Congresswoman Mary Bono s SPY-Act has been approved by the US House of Representatives A number of activities associated with spyware adware and browser hijackers are prohibited by the bill I will post the entire bill Bill of passes Spyware Representatives US House in the further down For now I ll point out several of the highlights I warn you take my interpretations with a grain of salt I am not an attorney and could be interpreting it completely wrong The Spy Act makes it unlawful for someone who is not the owner or authorized user of a quot protected computer quot to take it over to send unsolicited information or other materials to others That would seem to outlaw the practice of installing spam relay zombies that use an infected computer to send spam The bill makes it illegal to divert a web browser away from a site the user intended Spyware Bill passes in the US House of Representatives to view This would seem to outlaw the majority of browser hijackers The bill makes it illegal to use the modem or internet connection in a way that damages the computer or causes the owner to incur financial charges That would make it illegal to install a dialer that calls the Solomon Islands at Spyware Bill passes in the US House of Representatives per minute The bill makes it illegal to deliver advertisements that a user cannot be rid of without turning off the computer or closing the web browser I m not exactly sure about this one I believe it makes it illegal to spawn an endless number of pop-up ads with new ones opening every time another is closed Spy-Act Spyware Bill passes in the US House of Representatives makes it illegal to alter the web browser s home page the internet service provider or bookmarks without permission It also makes it illegal to alter any settings that protect the computer with the intent to cause harm or damage The way I read that it almost makes it illegal to do such things as lower activex security or insert unwanted sites into the trusted security zone in Internet explorer However the wording requires that the intent of changing the settings is to cause harm It might be difficult to prove harmful intent in some situations The unauthorized use of a keylogger to collect personally identifiable information is prohibited The bill forbids the installation of software if the user has selected an option to decline the installation It also forbids software to reinstall automatically if the user has removed or disabled the software properly Perhaps that last clause will stop AOL from reinstalling Viewpoint Media Player continually when someone removes it In some versions of AOL s software it will install Viewpoint without disclosing it or asking permission and reinstall it the next time AOL is started also without permission or disclosure The bill makes it illegal to remove or disable security software such as antispyware and antivirus programs At least one version of the CWS trojan will crash Ad-Aware Spybot and CWShredder That would be illegal under the Spy-Act Those violating any of the above provisions of the Spy-Act may be fined up to for each incident Section of the Spy-Act makes it illegal to transmit or execute any software that will collect personal information without the authorization or consent of the owner or authorized user Those violating Section may be fined up to for each incident The exceptions to the act include law enforcement activities monitoring by another for the purpose of providing a security service technical support or repair as well as automatic updating of software Perhaps the worst part of the Spy-Act is that it specifically preempts any state laws which also seek to regulate or outlaw spyware This is part of the Act that I disagree with entirely This is the influe... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

I recently upgraded to a elite x3, of course all the apps need to be downloaded and installed, which they did. The original windows central app downloaded and worked like all the others. However, the new 10 windows central app I prefer to use starts downloading, then days restoring user data, then goes back to installing before stopping and passing an error. That error is 0x8007007a.
In addition, the phone was also downloading and installing the anniversary update at the same time, and I believe that when I said restart after that update, the apps may have still been downloading it it may have been on the windows central 10 app, so maybe that affected it?
Please tell me how I can resolve this, tried removing from download list and starting again to same result.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442149-windows-central-new-10-app-will-not-install-passes-error.html
Relevancy 43.43%

When i install fresh windows it remains fast. But then after few days it starts getting slow, takes time to increase speed after start up. Etc

A:How to prevent Windows from getting slow as time passes?

Windows does do some housekeeping stuff after a fresh installation, which can cause a lot of drive activity.

When did you most recently install?

Do you have indexing turned on for your hard drive?

How many non-Microsoft services are normally running?

How many processes from all users are normally running?

Have you recently run virus and malware scans?

What and how many items are checked in the startup tab of msconfig? See if unchecking everything but anti-virus helps.

What specific CPU do you have?

Do you notice slowness at any particular time--booting? virus scans? opening a big application? video editing? loading a particular web site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/335773-how-prevent-windows-getting-slow-time-passes.html
Relevancy 43%

These fail/do not work, please read these:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
MouseHoverTime, 0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
BalloonTip

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
ExtendedUIHoverTime
ThumbnailLivePreviewHoverTime
BalloonTip

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify
BalloonTip, dword, 1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
MenuShowDelay

1. How do i change the time that passes (delay/waiting) before the ToolTip/Infotip/Balloon appears? Very similar to MenuShowDelay, i want the speed of 0 (no delay)..

2. And how long it stays open?

Thanks... i had searched... but could not find an answer...

This may be the answer, but i tried searching initialdelay in regedit, but none.

ToolTip.InitialDelay Property (System.Windows.Forms)

A:How do i change the time that passes before the [B]ToolTip/Infotip/Balloon [/B]appear

The MouseHoverTime [400] and MenuShowDelay [150] are existing keys, but the others you mentioned for Explorer don't exist (I'm assuming you created them from some reference you read). I changed mine but did not see much of a difference, so I'm thinking a reboot is necessary. I find my desktop tool tips come up in about 0.5 sec, maybe a shade less. Tooltips in Explorer come up even faster, maybe 0.25 sec. That seems quick enough to me for most purposes.

If "0" makes absolutely no difference, it is possible that the value forces a default behavior. Try putting "1" or "10" instead.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297323-how-do-i-change-time-passes-before-b-tooltip-infotip-balloon-b-appear.html
Relevancy 43%

The comments below are from my own experiences in the security field I agree with most of this in principle though California Senate passes e-mail privacy bill http zdnet com com - - htmlCOMMENTSI agree that employees should be notified on corporate monitoring activities and know in advance the privacy expectations of Internet email and other resources We did this as a courtesy in our workplace from day one when we implemented our Internet connection in It made a difference in preventing a lot of unfortunate and unpleasant situations e g having to fire someone for misusing the privacy passes Senate California bill e-mail Internet at work When I helped formulate our corporate security policies at work we had quot banner messages quot on all systems telling our professionals that quot monitoring was in place for security purposes quot and quot information resources are primarily for business use only quot I even helped back in with ACF implementation on our IBM mainframe and we had this type of banner message present Security monitoring was also highlighted in corporate policies that employees signed annually and even emphasized in a letter by our company president and on our Intranet security site containing all corporate policies Finally it's very important to keep logged information secure and private as it can be misused by uninformed individuals Only managers working through HR could get information for a specific employee The security team should work with their corporate legal team in ADVANCE of having to use this so that all the i's California Senate passes e-mail privacy bill are dotted on the right way to handle violations I think this type of notification protects the employers from legal action where an employee might say quot you didn't tell me quot - California Senate passes e-mail privacy bill even though it might be assumed and employees so they California Senate passes e-mail privacy bill know they'd better conduct themselves appropriately in the workplace Still it's ashamed that a law is needed for something that should be standard operating procedures for any business

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507/california-senate-passes-e-mail-privacy-bill/
Relevancy 43%

I replaced my hard drive.  Computer wouldnt boot up.  Failed the short and long  DST check.  I installed a new hard drive with the identical features.  It passes all tests but I still get the boot disk fail error.  Any suggestions?It's a HP 110-023W.  Original OS was Windows 8.  Upgraded to 8.1, then windows 10 several months ago.Not under warranty.

A:Replaced bad hard drive with new one. Passes all SMART bios...

@jpryzl30? What OS did you install on the new HDD??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Replaced-bad-hard-drive-with-new-one-Passes-all-SMART-bios/td-p/5706847
Relevancy 43%

PC i - W Home Premium SP x OEM When installed a useraccount with password is created The user account has admin rights When the PC is powered on the account logo with User Account name is on the screen and password rights UserAccount Admin W7 / boot: with passes without a password has to be entered This worked for about years without problems However something changed When the PC is powered on or reboots the Windows desktop is operational No password has to be entered The user account and password W7 boot: passes UserAccount with Admin rights / without password still exist however with Power-On and re boot the W7 boot: passes UserAccount with Admin rights / without password user account with password is bypassed and the PC becomes operational This happenend after java udate adobe flash update AVG Internet Security update W7 boot: passes UserAccount with Admin rights / without password I use ccleaner to keep the register clean The changes in the register are backup-ed in xxxx reg files Via Configurations menu I have changed the password of the only user account with admin rights and rebooted the pc The Windows desktop is coming up after reboot without asking for password MBAM AVG Internet Security WinPatrol and Ccleaner are used Any idea how to solve this

A:W7 boot: passes UserAccount with Admin rights / without password

No one here has recommended AVG since the forums formed in 2008, and it bloated up and fell out of favor several years before that. I would replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Before doing that I'd System Restore to your earliest Restore Point to see if you can get before the corruption.

Then run SFC /SCANNOW Command. If it finds corrupt system files run it several times to see if it can repair them. If not consider a Repair Install.

If you have the original factory preinstalled WIn7 which is a corrupt install to begin with, or varied much in your install from these steps to get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 I would do it over now to get a perfect install, backed up as an image to use in place of future reinstalls. The tools and methods which work best are provided along with everything else needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/281130-w7-boot-passes-useraccount-admin-rights-without-password.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron N that freezes randomly I cannot figure out what the issue is no matter what I do or read in Event Viewer System - Intel i N5110 Inspiron Dell freezes but diagnostics all passes m GHz - GB DDR GB Samsung MHz - GB Western Digital WD BPVT HDD - Intel HD NVidia GT M GB - Windows Professional x Maximum temps achieved while running AIDA System Stability test using both GPUs and CPU at degrees Celsius Maximum GPU temp in Furmark degrees Celsius Maximum CPU temp in Prime degrees Celsius Cooling system has been cleaned and fresh thermal paste has been applied namely Gelid GC-Extreme The system passes all diagnostics Dell Diagnostics quick amp full Dell Pre-Boot Diagnostics AIDA System Stability Test h Gold Memory amp MemTest Furmark Prime basically anything you throw at it The freezes occur usually during normal operation browsing the web browsing the hard drive downloading files using your browser The biggest number Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes of freezes occurred after a fresh install of Windows and using Firefox IE to download Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes the nVidia drivers Steps taken - Updated BIOS from A to A latest - Installed fresh Windows - Upgraded nvidia drivers from to - Upgraded Intel Centrino Wireless driver - Upgraded power adapter from W to W - Used system without battery - Used system with Intel HD Graphics disabled then with nVidia graphics disabled - Formatted hard drive - Installed Windows - Change SATA mode from AHCI to IDE and back - Disabled and Enabled intel SpeedStep Technology - Disabled and Enabled Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes USB Charging And despite all this it still freezes randomly There is no BSOD no nothing The hard drive just stops the mouse cursor stops and the laptop does nothing but display the last thing I was doing on it Please help me with this issue I have provided full windows logs log collector archive They are small since the windows instalation is h old Please let me know if you need anymore info and I will try to get it ASAP

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes

I think I may have found the issue. I took the laptop apart again and I noticed that the thermal pad that covers the PCH was missing. The keyboard's metal frame was touching directly on the intel PCH.

I noticed some high temperatures on the PCH, namely 77 degrees Celsius and I thought I should check it. Seems whoever took the laptop apart last time, forgot to put the thermal pad back on.

I'm gonna mount a new pad and post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347746-dell-inspiron-n5110-passes-all-diagnostics-but-freezes.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi All,
I have seagate 1.5TB external HD out of warranty a couple months ago(have it for 2 years). Today, I just checked HD tune, it shows health: warning because of reallocated sector count and spin retry count. So I just do the seatools test: I ran short driver self test pass, short generic: pass. I ran Long generic pass. Could someone tell me that should I worry or do something about it?Thanks for any helps!

A:Drive has warning in HD tune, passes Seatools -- should I worry?

You should always worry about your data. I have had hdds pass manufacturers diags and end up failing shortly thereafter, other pass and are fine for years. Keep in mind: the failure rate of hard drives is 100%, it's not a matter of IF it will fail, but WHEN. If it is a primary drive in your computer, then I would purchase a new one and clone the data to the new one. Keep the possible failing drive for non-trivial data, or put it into a system that is not as important/does not need backed up. Hope this gets you going in the right direction. Take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-has-warning-in-hd-tune-passes-seatools-should-i-worry.180408/
Relevancy 43%

Specs:
CPU: i7 2600k
ATI 6950 x2
Muskin 8GB
2 1TB HDD
1 64GB SSD
4 250GB HDD
Antec 1200 Case
MSI MCII MB

Problem:
Computer shuts down without warning. No BSOD. No error messages (apart from windows did not successfully shutdown).

Duration:
Has been going on for about a year.

Fix attempts:
1. Thought my old PSU was not enough (850W) so upgraded (1000W) - Problem Persists
2. Ran Prime95 24 hours - Passes
3. Ran MemTest+64 12 hours - Passes
4. Ran MSI Kumbustor 5 hours - Passes

Notes:
Happens mostly during gaming, but lately has started while surfing the web.
Currently running one 6950 (Seems to be more stable).
Times between shutdowns range anywhere from a couple days to a couple minutes.

A:Random shutdowns. No warning. No BSOD. Passes all tests.

shutdown, so you see "windows shutting down" or something alike? I don't think so. I think it crashes. To disable autoreboot on crash:

Here's How:
Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose System under the Control Panel heading in the list of results and then skip to Step 4.
Click on the System and Security link.
Note: If you're viewing the Small icons or Large icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.
Click on the System link.
In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on the Settings button.
In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
Click OK in the System Properties window.
You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309194-random-shutdowns-no-warning-no-bsod-passes-all-tests.html
Relevancy 43%

Greetings I have Clean Hard Disk 'Completely' Passes to Multilple a few queries regarding the use of programs such as lt Eraser gt and lt KillDisk gt - and several such programs claiming to clean data through over-writing data with multiple passess Multilple Passes to 'Completely' Clean Hard Disk I have formatted my computer however have learned that formatting simply writes a new layer on the hard disk- thus not necessarily ridding of the Multilple Passes to 'Completely' Clean Hard Disk previously stored data My first and main concern regarding the use of multiple overwriting is the safety of such a method when used regularly for daily deletion tasks Does using such a method impose that the disk will theoretically have a potentially decreased operational period Secondly how can individuals trust that such programs do not have embedded within them spyware of sorts Thirdly from my understanding deletion occurs not through removal of code from the hard disk but through overwriting new data on the selected portion of the hard disk Is there then a program that removes the various layers of data Lastly as aforementioned I re-formatted my computer - and that prior to learning of the insecure file deletion As such is there a program that can perform the multiple pass deletion on my hard disk without files being present A point to note is that my computer has a partition - wherein is stored data to enable the user to reformat the computer without additional disks in the state the product distributors sold it - and I would like that portion to remain untouched Also if there are programs that are deemed to be better than the two above mentioned programs or if one of the above two outweigh the other please do inform me of such a program I have also previously and still do used CCleaner with much satisfaction however am unaware of how it compares to other such programs nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multilple-passes-to-completely-clean-hard-disk.872271/
Relevancy 43%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron N that freezes randomly I cannot figure out what the issue is no matter what I do or read in Event Viewer System - Intel i m GHz - GB DDR GB Samsung MHz - GB Western Digital WD BPVT HDD - Intel HD NVidia GT M GB - Windows Pro x Maximum temps achieved while running AIDA System Stability test using both GPUs and CPU at degrees Celsius Maximum GPU temp in Furmark degrees Celsius Maximum CPU temp in Prime degrees Celsius Cooling system has been cleaned and fresh thermal paste has been applied namely Gelid GC-Extreme The system passes all diagnostics but N5110 freezes Inspiron Dell all diagnostics passes Dell Diagnostics quick amp full Dell Pre-Boot Diagnostics AIDA System Stability Test h Gold Memory amp MemTest Furmark Prime basically anything you throw at it The freezes occur usually during normal operation browsing the web browsing the hard drive downloading files using your browser The biggest number of freezes occurred after a fresh install of Windows and using Firefox IE to download the nVidia drivers Steps taken Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes - Updated BIOS from A to A latest - Installed fresh Windows - Upgraded nvidia drivers from to - Upgraded Intel Centrino Wireless driver - Upgraded power adapter from W to W - Used system without battery - Used system with Intel HD Graphics disabled then with nVidia graphics disabled - Formatted hard drive - Installed Windows - Change SATA mode from AHCI to IDE and back - Disabled and Enabled intel SpeedStep Technology - Disabled and Enabled USB Charging And despite all this it still freezes randomly There is no BSOD no nothing The hard drive just stops the mouse cursor stops and the laptop does nothing but display the last thing I was doing on it Please help me with this issue I have provided full windows logs log collector archive They are small since the windows instalation is h old Please let me know if you need anymore info and I will try to get it ASAP

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes

I think I may have found the issue. I took the laptop apart again and I noticed that the thermal pad that covers the PCH was missing. The keyboard's metal frame was touching directly on the intel PCH.
I noticed some high temperatures on the PCH, namely 77 degrees Celsius and I thought I should check it. Seems whoever took the laptop apart last time, forgot to put the thermal pad back on.
I'm gonna mount a new pad and post back the results.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54895-dell-inspiron-n5110-passes-all-diagnostics-but-freezes.html
Relevancy 43%

Introducing C++11: Next iteration of programming language passes review.

This past week in Madrid, Spain, the next iteration of the C++ programming language, C++11, passed review by the technical standards committee.

"The purpose of standardization is not language features; the purpose is to make C++ code faster, more reliable, easier to write, easier to maintain, and easier to modify. Now that we know what the standard looks like, we can start programming with it. Compilers are already implementing many of the new features today."

For more details, please see the C++0x FAQ.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/introducing-c-11-next-iteration-of-programming-language-passes-review.991003/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I just built a computer the other day and i am having a problem with the graphic card and connecting it through HDMI to my Dynex 26" 720p LCD TV hoping someone can help me out with this i been trying to fix this problem for days now and its driving me crazy! . I have done everything i could think of like update my Motherboard BIOS,
Updated my TV'S Firmware , re-installed the graphics card drivers like 5 times. the only time when it works is when i go into safe mode or uninstall the graphic cards drivers. I believe it has to do with the drivers or something. It works perfectly with DVI BUT NOT HDMI . Check My My System Specs. To Know The Graphic Card Model Or anything Else Like Motherboard Model ETC. Thanks For Reading! PLEASE HELP!

A:HDMI Output has no signal to HD TV Once Boot Passes Windows Seven Logo

have u set it up throuh the ati catalyst control center? or what are your current settings in there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/171336-hdmi-output-has-no-signal-hd-tv-once-boot-passes-windows-seven-logo.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I need a internet service, similar to Dropbox in nature except that instead of just storing data I need the service to provide software to download as well as pass data. For example, I have an excel sheet saved in the services database and I want to access the excel sheet from a computer that does not have an excel program on it. So I access the service, and it provides both an excel program and the stored excel sheet.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be most helpful.
Thank you

A:Solved: Internet Provided Service that passes software and information

Hi,
Is GoogleDocs (free) the type of thing you're after?

https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...tp://docs.google.com/&ltmpl=homepage&rm=false

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-provided-service-that-passes-software-and-information.841410/
Relevancy 42.57%

Quote:

April, the month that theoretically saw Windows XP drop out of support, was unfortunately not marked by the precipitous decline of Windows XP usage on the Internet. It was down, a little bit, but it unfortunately remains a significant feature of the computing landscape.
In better news, Internet Explorer 11 has become the most widely used "modern" version of Internet Explorer. There are now more people using Internet Explorer 11 than Internet Explorer 9 and 10 combined. This can only be a good thing for Web developers.

Internet Explorer 11 passes 9 and 10 combined, Windows XP remains abundant | Ars Technica

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-11-passes-9-and-10-combined-windows-xp-remains-abundant-833410.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all I'm having trouble understanding why I am receiving conflicting results from ChkDsk and SeaTools for Dos If it makes a difference I have a lenovo y Passes Chkdsk Long Dos bad reports Test for sectors/Seatools (Legacy) ideapad laptop which has both a gb ssd and a tb hdd There is some proprietary software called rapiddrive which virtually combines the hdd and ssd as one drive When looking at diskmgmt msc I only see disk the ssd showing gb but disk has not info This has to be because the rapiddrive imo My drive passes short and long tests Chkdsk reports bad sectors/Seatools for Dos (Legacy) Passes Long Test for seatools for dos But when I ran ChkDsk it's reporting about million bad sectors out of million total sectors My c drive shrunk from gb to mbs after running chkdsk I was thinking software corruption was the reason and ran a clean function from cmd prompt at boot and then reinstalled windows from my factory recovery disks in an attempt to rule our software corruption then ran chkdsk again and chkdsk is still reporting roughly the same or more sectors as bad Is seatools wrong and my drive is truely failing I'm just confused why seatools would pass the drive for the long test when chkdsk in my opinion is failing the drive by reporting so many bad errors Any help is appreciated My apologies if this should be in a different section of the forum Best Fox

A:Chkdsk reports bad sectors/Seatools for Dos (Legacy) Passes Long Test

I've seen occasional complaints that chkdsk is not always reliable and safe.

I'm assuming this is a Seagate drive, in which case I'd tend to trust Seagate's own tool.

I might try to verify the Seagate tool's results by running another HD manufacturer's tests. I think the Hitachi testing tool is supposed to work OK on all brands.

It may be that chkdsk is not up to snuff on hybrid drives and/or that "rapiddrive". Have you googled for any possibility of that?

Any indication of poor performance by the drive?

Any clues from Seagate support or possibly from Seagate forums?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340189-chkdsk-reports-bad-sectors-seatools-dos-legacy-passes-long-test.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I ve pulled my hair out for four hours trying to figure out what s wrong here I have checked every setting on every configuration page for both routers looking for an issue and everything is set up correctly All internal subnet connections work and the external port tests work but the connection still refuses when attempting externally If anyone has any advice for what I might be missing please tell me I am posting from work so I believe I have the models right I will need to double-check this evening Apologies in advance if the information is insufficient The setup Two computers running RealVNC servers on a Linksys router The router is internally, externally. all connection connects passes tests, refuses RealVNC connected to a D-Link router modem which then connects to my DSL provider Again these models might not be exact--I ll double check tonight and clarify the models I m using The Linksys router creates a X subnet The Linksys router has an internal IP of The computers have static IP addresses of RealVNC connects internally, passes all tests, refuses connection externally. and The Linksys router has an external IP of The D-Link router modem creates a X subnet The D-Link router modem has an internal IP of The router modem has an external dynamic IP in the range of RealVNC connects internally, passes all tests, refuses connection externally. X X I have also configured a freedns afraid org to route a static address to the dynamic address for now I m keeping it manually updated but will set up an auto-update later Forwarding and DMZ The computer accepts RealVNC on and accepts RealVNC on The Linksys router is configured to port forward all incoming connections to on port and all incoming connections to on port For the D-Link I have tried two configurations I have port forwarded and connections to which is the Linksys external on the D-Link s subnet and have also tried to set as the DMZ on the D-Link s subnet Both are having the same issue described below The Things That Work - Direct IP RealVNC connections within the Linksys X subnet work I can directly connect to and with RealVNC - Direct IP RealVNC connections to the Linksys router s external IP work and forward ports correctly I can connect to and and they correctly connect to the appropriate computers - Web-based port checkers verify that my external dynamic IP address have the and ports open when I have the D-Link exposing the Linksys in both DMZ mode and port forwarding mode - If I set one of the computers RealVNC servers back to the default port and move the port forwarding around to match RealVNC s website has a port checker that hits and it not only sees an open port but recieves the version information of my VNC server indicating that my RealVNC is responding The Issue When I try to connect RealVNC to either of the computers externally either directly connecting to the current dynamic IP like quot quot or through the redirect like quot mysubdomain us to quot the connection is refused even when all of the previously listed tests pass just fine Viewers Used I have duplicated all of the results with a viewer on my main computer the a viewer on an iPad on the Linksys X subnet a viewer on a laptop on the X subnet and the X subnet I have also attempted external connections using a laptop and an iPad running on a mobile phone hotspot so as to be completely separated from my home network when attempting external connections Another thing I tried I pulled out an old DSL modem with no router and wired my computer directly to it I checked the modem ssettings to make sure it had no firewalls set up and was sending all internet traffic directly to my computer I temporarily disabled all firewalls on my computer making sure that it was a completely open machine on the internet Again internal IP connection from the computer to itself viewer on the computer to it s own IP address to hit its own server works fine External connections to the public IP show an open port but the connectio... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realvnc-connects-internally-passes-all-tests-refuses-connection-externally.1083171/
Relevancy 42.14%

Windows Pro hard drive is a gb quot Samsung SSD PM quot quot and its a Dell Latitude E that I have had since the beginning of Especially over the last year possibly before that I have noticed that my hard drive's free space decreases drastically and despite my best efforts to monitor my free space and what takes that space up I have been fast - FREES UP passes HD - fills restart/chkdsk BSOD - 30GB?! but SSD confused and frustrated as the decreases SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?! often don't match up in both space size and timing to whatever I save install etc to the hard drive That said I use Steam for computer games so I have sort of assumed it was just game SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?! updates that I didn't notice forgot about etc Then about months-ish ago while uninstalling a few softwares I get a BSOD with error messages I restart run the full chk dsk that SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?! requires the restart restart again the chk dsk doesn't reveal anything quot bad quot but then my drive's free space goes from about -ish GB to -ish GB I was thrilled and for a couple weeks the free space remained much more consistent with what was being updated removed from the drive Great Eventually however things began to revert back to before - multiple GB of free space just disappearing etc Then this morning after merely removing the power cable from the pc and picking it up I get another BSOD This time I wasn't uninstalling anything I repeat the same process as before one exception that I don't think I dealt with last time being that I had to restart the pc twice at first because after turning off the pc from the BSOD and turning it back on I got some sort of error about windows not being able to run Turn off turn on again and that's gone and I get the standard safe or normal mode screen and again the chk dsk report appears clean but I again go from -ish GB to GB of free space With apologies for the long explanation can anyone explain to me what's going on with my pc and or what I can should do to resolve this I will be backing up my pc immediately when I get home from work tonight and I have run malware and virus scans that create restore points too

A:SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?!

Can you follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and attach the resulting zip with your reply post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372421-ssd-hd-fills-fast-bsod-restart-chkdsk-passes-but-frees-up-30gb.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi hopefully some one can help me with this as frankly it's driving me mental I am creating simple on a schedule trigger off or PC time/date task(s) whilst sleep won't Scheduled passes run in if one time only tasks which run fine if the time trigger is reached whilst the computer is on and I'm logged in but fail to run if the computer is shutdown or asleep when the trigger time is reached even with quot Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed quot checked I am aware that missed scheduled tasks aren't Scheduled task(s) won't run if time/date trigger passes whilst PC off or in sleep ran immediately on start-up min delay but they never run There are no events regarding the tasks in event log and the last run status is quot Never quot so they just don't seem to be picked up as missed tasks I have unchecked all the idle power options so the task should run whatever I have tried checking the quot Run with highest privileges quot box and checking quot Run when user is logged on quot or quot Run whether user is logged on or not quot The tasks will run manually fine if I select run from quot actions quot At the moment I'm just trying to get a one-time scheduled task to display a message so I'm not trying anything fancy Setting the task to run at logon or startup works fine The system time date is set Ok A Google search revealed one guy with a similar problem but no solution This is Vista HP sp with all important updates applied - running on an acer aspire laptop A friends Samsung with the same Vista setup also shows this behaviour

A:Scheduled task(s) won't run if time/date trigger passes whilst PC off or in sleep

Welcome Vistapete.

From MS, perhaps this may help. Good luck

The Task Scheduler does not wake the computer to run a scheduled task in Windows Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270127-scheduled-task-s-wont-run-if-time-date-trigger-passes-whilst-pc-off-sleep.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Windows Recovery CD doesn t see hard drive nor does the Bios but HD passes self test I so hope to get some help through this does but nor HD see test drive hard Bios doesn't Recovery self Windows passes CD the forum I noticed that often your advice is very detailed and specific which I hope will be the case with my problem This computer is a Compaq Presario V notebook and was loaded with viruses for which we could find no removal software that would remove this virus sorry didn t write down the virus name but at the point it doesn t matter We tried AVG which detected the virus but had no suggestion for removal MalWare Bytes did not Windows Recovery CD doesn't see hard drive nor does the Bios but HD passes self test solve the problem even in safe mode Since the owner of the computer did not create recovery discs when the notebook was new nor did they know where to find the CD that came with the computer so far I suggested saving their photos to some flash drives which we did and using the system recovery feature to completely restore the computer to factory condition I started the process and everything went great until the very final button which said quot Finish quot It would go no further from that point I purchased software from Spotmau BootSuite and hoped that would help but it seemed to further complicate the problem or perhaps the way I used it did At this point when Windows starts to load it appears about to load completely past the windows icon screen and showing the default desktop background when the error message comes up in a little box saying quot System is not fully installed please run setup again quot I go into the bios and set it to load setup in default settings and it doesn t change anything I ordered replacement recovery discs for this model computer and was excited to use it and get everything back to factory condition no such luck I had already run a Primary hard disk self check quick and comprehensive and it passed also memory check passed BUT when I ran the recovery disc it did not recognize my Hard drive The Hard drive is also not in the list in Bios I reseated the Hard drive and it made no difference I also tried the R for repair in recovery console on the Recovery CD and it didn t work The hard drive is not making any funny noises and it checked out in the self test It is just not being found I read on another help site that the problem may be in the Hard drive being a SATA hard drive and I am not sure I understand but it mentioned changing the IDE to SATA instead of RAID SATA saying that sometimes this is a problem with Windows XP I can t do that because there is no option to do that from the Bios I saw that I could create a floppy disc from the manufacture that might help with that Do you know what that is and do you believe that might help I don t think there is a slot for a floppy disc as it is not listed in product features on http h www hp com wwpc ca e - - - html dnr Will have to find out for sure from hp tomorrow I would love to just wipe it all out and start from scratch but don t know if I can do that I have the recovery CD but don t know how to start clean because the Windows XP that is partly installed is still trying to load but it can t get past a certain point Oh yes I tried starting it in safemode Also in safemode with command prompt and in every other advanced mode There was also another error message that came up in one of the tries that said There is a corrupt or missing file WINDOWS system config SYSTEM I found a site that had step by step instructions on how to get that file back in the proper place but I couldn t find the function to allow me to do that manually Any help you might offer would be MUCH appreciated I have already spent nearly on spotmau software and replacement recovery discs for this model Would love to be able to avoid additional expense as I believe there is nothing wrong with the hard drive Just something in the registry and setup that needs to be fixed The own... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-recovery-cd-doesnt-see-hard-drive-nor-does-the-bios-but-hd-passes-self-test.1061217/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi

I was wondering if somebody could take the time to explain to me exactly how to use memtest... i have Windows MCE 2005 and i've burned the iso to a cd and made it bootable. When i tell it to boot from the cd, i DOS starts and then i kicks me to a command prompt that starts with "A:/". What are the commands from this point and how do i get memtest to run?

Thanks!

Relevancy 39.56%

Finished 3 passes for the new RAM I installed yesterday, anything I should be aware of?

A:New RAM memtest

I would assume its good. I don't check mine, unless I run into a problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372368-new-ram-memtest.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have been having trouble finding a way to install it to my cdr so that it can work when i put it into the cd drive. My computer is an emachines and it doesnt have a floppy disk drive so i have to make a bootable cdr. And i Dunno how to put the memtest file into the crd.(Yes im a newb!) do i download memtest open the zip extract all and put the .iso file in or the whole folder or what? Plz Help and Thx In advance!

A:Memtest Help!

open the iso file with your fav. burning software, and then burn to the cd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest-help.58130/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm still on XP Pro, and yes, I know.

I keep my computer squeaky clean, don't run unnecessary programs in background, throw out garbage regularly, etc. I'm a veteran of 20 years at our computer club, so I know when something's not right.

Opening or deleting a file or using the context menu is agonizing. Firefox locks up a few time a day with "Not responding."  There's definitely a memory issue.  I extracted Memtest86.zip onto a USB stick, changed the boot order in the BIOS, but the comp won't boot with it. Tried the same with a CD, and it goes right into Windows.  I've never used it before on this comp., but I've used it with success on others, back in the floppy disk days. What might be blocking it?  Should I try a different program?

A:Can't run Memtest 86

Hi,

Can you access the CD from inside Windows XP? What files do you see on the disk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618932/cant-run-memtest-86/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All So a bit of background - firstly I really don t understand computers at all - i don t think i ve ever even opened one up So recently my PC started crashing all the time with a Blue Screen of Death I initially kept searching for the error each time - but i noted that it was a different each time - so it was a fruitless task - especially given the computer would crash within minutes of re-booting So then i thought it might be my RAM - so i did some googlng and found Memtest - which i have downloaded onto a disc and booted I ve run it twice and both times it has hung The first was on test at abut and the other is now on test at Each time a with Help Memtest list of failing addresses comes up in red down the bottom An example of one line is Tst Pass Failing Address Good Bad Err-Bits Count CPU ff - MB dfcd dd dfcd dc What does this mean I Help with Memtest ve had the computer from new though years old and never touched the RAM - could it be that the RAM is just dying Thanks all for your help im a little overwhelmed Edit Apologies for the really bad formatting above nbsp

A:Help with Memtest

Have you tried pulling the RAM out and reinstalling it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-memtest.176967/