Windows Support Forum

Unable to get back Admin Privilages

Q: Unable to get back Admin Privilages

I don t know if this problem is spreading or I m just finding out back to get Unable Privilages Admin how far Unable to get back Admin Privilages it goes It seems that any software I have on my system that was installed after a certain date or hasn t been used for more than a month is locked out of all my accounts on my computer All the accounts show they have Admin privilages but the applications tell me I m not running with admin privilages and refuse to start I tried creating new user accounts with admin privilages but that doesn t work I have tried to figure out Compaq quick restore but can t find it since the icons are missing and I only have the pre-packed quot restore quot CDs that won t autorun I also don t have the ability to backup the contents of my hard drive because I don t have any storage media outside of floppies so formatting is out of the question too What s stupid is that my quot essential programs quot of Office and my internet software work fine Even my spyware software works too It seems to only be games that are doing this I have a suspision something got damaged in the registry or the windows system when I removed AOHell and it s embedded McAffee protection Any ideas out there on where to look or what to try that doesn t format C nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to get back Admin Privilages

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to get back Admin Privilages

lookup taking posession of drive
Enthusiast here has a nice pictorial on it

Code:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/judslat/rights/
credit to member Ididmyc600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-back-admin-privilages.58042/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 73.96%

Is there a way to run a certian program with admin privilages on a user without admin privlages other than typing in a user with admins privilages.

(On my Vista home prem 32Bit OS not Vista Ultimate x64)

A:Admin Privilages

Originally Posted by Ronan

Is there a way to run a certian program with admin privilages on a user without admin privlages other than typing in a user with admins privilages.

(On my Vista home prem 32Bit OS not Vista Ultimate x64)

Hello Ronan,
You want to run by me again, and this time in Simple, Single sentences ?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/148201-admin-privilages.html
Relevancy 73.96%

gt I am currently running a xp home sp edition and i upgraded with windows gt update i also deleted some programs on my computer I used a spyware program gt from microsoft to remove the spyware on my computer i then used windows gt washer and a malicious software program removal tool I have lost all admin gt control i cannot go into the screen saver desktop properties i cannot get gt into the control panel it is missing from the start menu and i tried to go gt into the properties menu for the start menu and the option for it being added gt to it is gone There are four profiles and all were admins and now none of gt them can do anything needed I tried to reboot in safe mode for the admin gt account but when i signed in it did the same thing I have tried everything i gt know Can anyone help me nbsp

A:admin privilages are gone!!!

You may well have a virus that has caused these problems. There are a couple of things to try. The first is use system restore and the other is an OS repair. If you cannot access System restore from Windows, boot into "safe mode with command prompt" and attempt to access the system restore GUI directly. (At the command prompt navigate to C:\windows\system32\restore and type "rstrui.exe") If that fails, you can try an OS repair by booting with the XP CD. Instructions can be had a michaelstevenstech.com.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-privilages-are-gone.623200/
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently installed Avira and BitDefender....

BitDefender is the biggest piece of crap Ive ever come across Its worse than a virus

I force uninstalled Avira by deleting it from the registry and Program Files
I just about got rid of BitTorrent by uninstalling

Now when I go to do alot of things.. like go onto Run, it says the Admin has disabled it

I also have no Control Panel icon, and when I did before, it wouldnt let me go onto User Accounts ect

There is only 1 user account.. the Admin one.. but its saying alot of stuff is disabled

A:Lost Admin Privilages

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spencerjdb

I recently installed Avira and BitDefender....

BitDefender is the biggest piece of crap Ive ever come across Its worse than a virus:

LOL! Why don't you tell us how you really feel? That's odd, what you say about Bitdefender, I'd heard somewhere it was pretty decent.
Anyway, it sounds like you have lot's of issues (your machine, I mean). Can I assume you have resolved the virus issues? Does taskmanager work? how about regedit? If these are all failing you have a real nasty. Malwarebytes, superantispyware, hijackthis, avg, ad-aware and spybot are good places to start. You might have to go to KellysKorner and find the regedits to get the functions restored.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-admin-privilages-331688.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently installed Windows Pro -bit Love it However My USB external gig hard drive is giving me problems with the change over I try to access files and it states I need admin privilages I am the only user I am an admin WTF Whats the deal there microsoft fix your crap So I go through and give every user it lists full control owner everyone admin user Still no go This is where I started to notice something a bit odd there was a user named S- - / Admin Locked File Privilages - - - Admin Privilages / File Locked and a bunch of other numbers i found this to be the user that no longer exists from when it was on my system with Windows XP So I changed owner Admin Privilages / File Locked permissions on the whole drive to the administrator Now I try to open a file and it states Could not complete your request because the file is locked Use the 'Properties' command in the windows explorer to unlock the file Heres the real ball buster The file is not locked no option in properties downloaded unlocker as a solution installed it ran it used it on the file and unlocker states No locking handle found WTF Microsoft I want access to everything on MY computer stop treating people like babies you dont own us yet Anyone encounter this issue or know of a solution I have been googling the crap out of it and tried what I have read but still no go

A:Admin Privilages / File Locked

alright, a very resourceful friend in another forum helped me out once again and solved my problem, so I thought I would share.

He provided me with the below link:
HowToGeek

This will give you a right click cmd to take ownership of the file you want to change.

This should actually solve many other peoples open posts on this general subject.

Woot Woot!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118414-admin-privilages-file-locked.html
Relevancy 70.52%

A very bad virus has infected my pc and I have honestly tried everything I know It s blocked me out of task manager changed my background to a stupid spyware check and hijacked windows update to probably download more viruses Not only that every time I try and run Ad-Aware to remove it the virus shuts down my pc Here s the hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost at Background and ;_; rope. end Solved: Admin Privilages the hijacked, of my exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Solved: Admin Privilages and Background hijacked, at the end of my rope. ;_; Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system rxjddnvj exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system RioMSC exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ Solved: Admin Privilages and Background hijacked, at the end of my rope. ;_; exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system regsvr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home bellsouth net F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system rxjddnvj exe O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run tgcmd quot C Program Files Support com BellSouth hcenter exe quot starthidden tgcmdwrapper O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run dqlujebg regsvr u quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data dqlujebg dll quot O - HKLM Run drmsrv C arbfikac exe O - HKCU Run Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC C Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC SpeedUpMyPC exe -s O - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Program Files DNA btdna exe quot O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run YMlHGtcDlS rundll exe quot C WINDOWS jetqbkpa dll quot DllCleanServer O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item amp Clean Traces - C Program Files DAP Privacy Package dapcleanerie htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with amp DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp T... Read more

A:Solved: Admin Privilages and Background hijacked, at the end of my rope. ;_;

I know it says not to bump, but this is a really big problem for me and I'd feel rotten if I didn't do something. I feel pretty useless right about now. ;_;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-admin-privilages-and-background-hijacked-at-the-end-of-my-rope-_.680647/
Relevancy 70.52%

Good day Sirs My Yahoo messenger keeps sending unscrupulous messages and links to my contact lists and makes my system lag painfully Also my Admin privilages are disabled Task Manager Regedit Editing etc I have ran my Bitdefender Pro Plus and found nothing Below is my HJT log Assistance will disabled virus/Admin privilages Yahoo msgr be greatly appreciated thank you PC SPECS P ghz gig RAM GT vc using Windows XP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass Yahoo msgr virus/Admin privilages disabled exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Yahoo msgr virus/Admin privilages disabled WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C PROGRA Softwin BITDEF bdnagent exe C PROGRA Softwin BITDEF bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource MtdAcqu exe C WINDOWS System SSCVIHOST exe C WINDOWS system SSCVIHOST exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray Yahoo msgr virus/Admin privilages disabled exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System msiexec exe D JEFF HIJACKTHIS HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS System yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy smartbro net F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe SSCVIHOST exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - D JEFF GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO no name - cbb -aabe- b -a fd-fe b ef - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent quot C PROGRA Softwin BITDEF bdnagent exe quot O - HKLM Run BDMCon C PROGRA Softwin BITDEF bdmcon exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run BDOESRV quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - HKCU Run CTSyncU exe quot C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe quot O - HKCU Run MtdAcqu quot C Program Files Creative MediaSource MtdAcqu exe quot s O - HKCU Run Yahoo Messengger C WINDOWS System SSCVIHOST exe O - Extra context menu item amp Clean Traces - D JEFF MISC DAP Privacy Package d... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

I have a home theater PC which I had operating with an admin level account. I figured it would be safest to remove this, so I removed my administrator rights and rebooted.

Now I have no accounts with admin rights!

I have only local accounts, none connected to Microsoft. How can I restore my admin rights?

I've looked at multiple online tutorials, but all require some sort of admin rights to begin with.

A:Removed my own admin ability, unable to get it back

Okay, after a few hours of frustration I figured it out. Sorry if this is easy-peezy to the experts here.

Posting just for posterity...

1. Booted into Safemode with command mode. The ubiquitous but hidden Administrator account is visible here.
2. Entered this command to activate the Administrator account visibility:
net user administrator /active:yes
3. Booted into this Admin account, now visible, in Windows the regular way and changed my usual account back to Admin.
4. Entered this in a command prompt to disable the Admin account visibility:
net user administrator /active:no

Reasons why this was not as easy as portrayed on every online tutorial:

1. Safemode for Win10 looks so different from anything else I was accustomed to, it took a while to get into it
2. This PC came installed with Win8, then upgraded to Win10 online, so no physical media was available.
3. Some tutorials asked for recovery media, and my Win10 install refused to create recovery media for some reason
4. I had forgotten my Admin password because I had never set it. Hint: Hit ENTER if it prompts for one and it's never been set.
5. Attempts to boot into regular Safemode Administrator gave me a non-working Win10 Safemode. Specifically, it showed a standard windows screen with taskbar, but NOTHING worked.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/68450-removed-my-own-admin-ability-unable-get-back.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So lately my Win started acting weird I'm not able to delete or rename files that I have used recently Let's say I run File exe close it and I want to delete Unable files Problems with privilages? such. to and delete rename this file Sometimes I'm Unable to delete files and such. Problems with privilages? trying to do that I get error about something that couldn't delete file because it's in use It also happens with auto patchers in games system denies to delete modify items Happens with compiler aswell they're not able to over-write output file I'm not going to post screenshot since it doesn't happen always and I don't really know how to reproduce this but it's regular error box with message similar to quot Couldn't delete Unable to delete files and such. Problems with privilages? file File is in use opened by some process quot or something like that with buttons quot Retry quot and quot Cancel quot Current solution for that is Log off Reboot or use application called quot UnLocker quot I found it via Google some time ago but you all know it's not correct solution and it should be solved in some other way So here I'm asking - What would you do in my case How would you fix that I'm using Windows Ultimate -bit running at Intel's Celeron E with x MB Ram and some ATI's Graphic Card I don't think that hardware really matters in this case but if any of you will need this info - I'll post more detailed description Regards Diath

A:Unable to delete files and such. Problems with privilages?

Likely a stupid question, but have you checked your task manager to verify an instance of the "File.exe" or whatever program or patcher is not running when you try to rename or delete it? That's the most common scenario I can think of, beyond rights issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160514-unable-delete-files-such-problems-privilages.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am trying to download Adobe Digital Editions and I keep receiving the error message

Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 786

I am the admin! I have turned off the password, I have right clicked on the program and chosen 'run as admin'-then nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated

A:"Unable to elevate to admin rights" error, when admin user

Try this:

Quote:
SOLUTION: download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab. Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

From a similar issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/953278?tstart=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/359020-unable-elevate-admin-rights-error-when-admin-user.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Heyy i just want to backup things on my Vista PC then format it this is how it is i want to copy my whole DOCUMENTS folder from my ADMIN account that's where all my files are BUT i forgot the PW to that admin account so i login under a local account and then i go to the admin's documents folder and i cant go in it nor can i copy it coz im not admin and i have no rights i cant reset or change pw or make another account coz im not admin and i whole admin how HDD being back up to without cant get onto it so what do i do really i just want something i can stick in the PC and backup everything from the hard drive without being admin or anything just stick in SOMETHING that allows you to click quot backup quot then select where to my external HDD and it'd do all this without having to logon to anything so that's my problem i dunno what to do if only there was a tool to recover the PW reliablhy and easily but i dunno if there is oh and to top it off the PC's bleeped so i cant into quot my computer quot normally how to back whole HDD up without being admin but i can in safe mode how to back whole HDD up without being admin i HAVE to go into safe mode in order for quot explorer exe quot to even work and i tried all the built in vista backup tools i think buit i didnt have the permissions to do any of that so HELP i dont think the PC would allow me to INSTALL anything on it to backup so im totally lost Thankyou Isaac

A:how to back whole HDD up without being admin

i forgot the PW to that admin account,http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.phpNo subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294944/how-to-back-whole-hdd-up-without-being-admin/
Relevancy 49.88%

one day my grandmother was on the computer i don't know what she was trying to do but she went into the user accounts and family safety tab and revokes all of the admin privileges on the computer there aren't any more admin profiles how do i get the admin privileges back?

A:how do i get admin privileges back

Trying rebooting and hitting the F8 key. Go in to Safe Mode and there should be an administrator account you can use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-get-admin-privileges-back-782617.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I get quot the user name or password is incorrect quot click ok and then let's me log in as either admin or me but me no longer has admin rights Been into Admin user accts but won't let me change user accounts rights Need back Admin rights Admin account doesn't have my programs This all happended after I ran chkdsk a week or so again Downloaded Cain and Abel and my password came up as the one I have Then tried to boot programs that will wipe passwords so I can start Need Admin rights back over but my computer even though I have set it to boot from CD drive won't boot them Can boot recovery disk but don't want to start all over again Hard drive crashed months ago and had to start from my external drive but still a pain Just want to bypass logon screen when I Need Admin rights back restart Need Admin rights back my computer and have admin rights I had before I am the only one on the computer Sorry I couldn't add more info about my computer in the area asked for if you need tell me how to get them TIA for any help and let me know what other info you need to help Last resort is going to Best Buy and the Geek guys Costly Brenda

A:Need Admin rights back

Try resetting your password in safemode...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/208327-need-admin-rights-back.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I got a trojan on my vista home premium system recently and I have now lost my admin privileges to the computer. I can't install the programs needed to remove the trojan or anything else I used to be able to do. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get my computer back to normal. I'm worried about what they might be able to do to it.

I've tried to create a new account but I no longer have permission to, tried several cmd commands and I keep getting told I dont have permission. Will running in safe mode get me my account back?

A:How do I get back admin account?

Please do not create multiple threads for the same problem! Read >>Posting help read first<< if you feel you are not getting help.

Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/721523-vundo-vista.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-back-admin-account.721505/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok...I have a problem, and I have no clue how to fix it. I can't even google for the solution becase all the restrictions on my computer! The problem is I'm stuck on this limited account and I can't get back into my admin account. I'm pretty sure someone changed my password, and I can't find my back up password cd! So how in the world do I get back into my admin account. I have pretty much no power over anything. If anyone can help me I would REALLY appreciate it, or at least point me in a direction where I can get help. Thank you, and sorry for the incredibly stupid question. Oh and my OS is Windows Xp Home edition.

A:Someone help me get my admin account back!

Forgotten passwords suck. I think you've got to hack your own password. Is there any where where it can be displayed even when it's all blocked by black circles? I've used that trick to count the characters to figure out the word. Any Idea what it could be? Did you write it in hax0r? Is it a common phrase you use, a name a place a game a person a car? Just trying to jog your memory. Did you use special characters - @#$%?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/someone-help-me-get-my-admin-account-back.233893/
Relevancy 49.45%

When I turn on my computer now, I only get "guest" profile. I can not get anywhere with this. How do get my admin back?

A:Can only log in as guest... I need admin controls back.

Hi,
Do you have the installation CD? Have you tried to do a startup repair?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498260/can-only-log-in-as-guest-i-need-admin-controls-back/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok here's my story I have an old XP Pro laptop There was one user name and password required to log on to the thing I assume I always had admin privs with this logon as I never had any troubles One day my bro in law says quot want me to make it so you don't have to use a password to log on quot I dumbly said quot sure quot So he messes around it with it for a bit but cannot do it and gives up Later I realized something had changed when I simply double clicked the time display at the bottom right to see to gain Admin How back Privileges? the calendar and it told me I would need Admin Privs to do this I then discovered that I cannot install anything I simply tried to install a new version of Acrobat with my account So I need to gain back Admin Privileges somehow I did some research and have seen all sorts of quot password recovery quot methods that usually involve a bootable floppy but the laptop has no floppy drive and my user name and password are still exactly the same as before So I did not lose any passwords my user account somehow just lost its admin privs Oh and I cannot view user account settings without being the admin for the computer So that's my story Does anybody have any advice for me Thanks for listening

A:How to gain back Admin Privileges?

Are there other user accounts then?
There has got to be a Admin account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-gain-back-admin-privileges-110393.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason I ve lost admin-privileges amp now I can t open exe files programs on my system Windows XP Pro If you can help me please tell me which services or programs need to be running in order to keep their admin-privileges while using Windows XP Also please name which program s you would use to absolutely disable or kill rd-party services on Windows XP I ve tried all of these programs Component Services Dcomcnfg exe WinPatrol Task Manager and MSConfig exe -but they won t allow me to terminate or disable Online Armor amp invasive programs like it I tried to uninstall quot Online Armor quot which is still running on my machine I want to get rid of Online on Pro? tell: XP back gain How Admin-Privileges Please to Amor but it won t allow me to terminate these components of the program their filenames are listed below oacat exe - quot Tall Emu quot a k a name of developers company Please tell: How to gain back Admin-Privileges on XP Pro? oasrve exe - quot Online Armor Helper Service quot Whenever I try to disable of those programs I get quot access denied quot messages like this one Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the itemClick to expand Thanks for your kindness amp help in advance nbsp

A:Please tell: How to gain back Admin-Privileges on XP Pro?

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/exefile.htm

this page might help

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-tell-how-to-gain-back-admin-privileges-on-xp-pro.829110/
Relevancy 49.45%

So, my brother and his friend were dicks and messed w/ my computer. I set up a password on my computer for a purpose.
So; my bro somehow got past my computer password (was secure pw) and then used my account to create another user account. He made that one the main user admin and changed mine to standard. I changed mine back to admin, but I want to delete the account he created and have only my account back w/ all the power (main admin). I'm not able delete the main account he created and I dont want to delete mine because of all the settings on it..

so; how do I delete the account my brother created as admin and change my account back to main admin? I'm not able to delete the account my brother created because I think its the main one or something, I can only delete my original one that he changed.
Thanks

A:How to change back to only Admin (read plz)

You need to demote him to a normal user first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/178229-how-change-back-only-admin-read-plz.html
Relevancy 48.59%

running windows 8.1
scanned with malwarebytes, and removed infections from I believe uwade.
now... when I try to system restore on, get message, that I do not have administrator privileges, same when I try to turn on superantispyware on even try to uninstall it..?
cannot find gpedit.msc, probably because I am running home edition?
so how do I get system restore back.???

A:How do I get system restore back, no admin privileges?? Help

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571034/how-do-i-get-system-restore-back-no-admin-privileges-help/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys,
I needed to log in as Administrator to install a program. So I used this method on the Microsoft site: activating administrator on windows 7 home premium - Microsoft Community

After doing that I installed my program successfully. I rebooted and logged on with password ect. I now wanted to change back to my regular User account so I don't have to type my password every time I boot up.

I followed the above microsoft method again and this time a user account control box pops up and asks " to continue, type administrator password and click yes"...Only there is nowhere to type a password and the "Yes" button is greyed out and can't be clicked. only the "No" button works.

How do I fix this and change back to my normal user account?

Cheers

Uly

A:[SOLVED] Win 7 won't let me Change back from admin to user?

Hello Uly5,

There should have been no need to activate the Built in Admin account.

I do recommend disabling it again.

First, create a new account from the Administrator account and give it Administrator rights. (Or give your current user account Administrator rights, but I do suggest using a password if you do this).

Create a password for the new administrator account.

Open an elevate CMD prompt.

Type the following and press enter.

Code:
You should see "The requested action completed successfully" or something along those lines.

then type and press enter

Code:
netplwiz
Highlight your account and deselect the Users must enter a username or password to use this computer checkbox.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win-7-wont-let-me-change-back-from-admin-to-user-672593.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I m new to this forum am not a techie don t think I m asking for help in doing anything illegal so to How laptop rights back to add admin w/o domain please let me know if anyone can help me I stupidly followed someone s advice to rename my work computer laptop in order to bypass admin rights and now I can t log on to laptop to set it back to how it was originally My laptop was set up as a network computer that required my network login to How to add laptop back to domain w/o admin rights gain access to Windows XP Professional So since I renamed my computer and removed myself from the domain it will no longer allow me to log on to my laptop at all I tried to boot up in safe mode so that I could try to set it back to how it was but it still comes up with the Windows login screen that won t accept my network login Is there anyway that I can bypass this in order to put myself back onto the domain without having to admit to my IT department what I did nbsp

A:How to add laptop back to domain w/o admin rights

Talk to your work's IT department.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-add-laptop-back-to-domain-w-o-admin-rights.859497/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I installed Windows 8.1 two days ago and have set up two accounts, one Administrator tied to Microsoft and one local Standard account. For some reason, the Standard account keeps on changing its account type by itself to have full administrative rights. Any idea on how to fix this?

Also, do you think I even need two accounts? I am the sole user of this PC. Do you think I could just use the Admin account? Thank you!

A:Standard account changing back to Admin on its own

Hey mate,

For your last question, I usually use a standard [Microsoft] account, where I do all my work. The admin account lies dormant, until I need to install anything on it. I just install from my standard account, using the Admin account info when needed.
[Edit] The reason I do this is to add another layer of protection, to prevent malware access to the Admin account [/Edit]

For the first problem, you might try creating the two accounts over again, and delete the old ones. Make sure you have all important and recommended updates installed from control panel, and an antivirus (Either the built-in Defender or another you trust).

Let me know if this doesn't work for you, and I'll offer more advice. Take care.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57331-standard-account-changing-back-admin-its-own.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I was trying to create two admin accounts. admin1 and admin2.. and I wanted that admin2 to denied access to C:/windows/Users/admin1 folder. but I mess it up.
now both admin2 and admin1 cant access the folder help how can i get it back?

A:Accidentally denied admin User's folder. how can I get it back?

Hi,

If you're not too badly denied you may reset it's permissions.

With an Elevated Command Prompt run the following command,

Code:
icacls "C:\Windows\Users\admin1" /reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366835-accidentally-denied-admin-users-folder-how-can-i-get-back.html
Relevancy 47.73%

When I type net user administrator:yes in cmd I get this message

I do not see the admini icon when I restart the computer

how can I fix this? I am running Windows 7 home ed

Thanks

A:Unable to log on as admin

Hi spacewater and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

See Administrator Account - Vista Forums This is from Vista, but it operates in exactly the same way in W7.

Basically, you have not got the command correct. It should read as follows:

net user administrator /active:yes to enable the account and
net user administrator /active:no to disable it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/63374-unable-log-admin.html
Relevancy 47.3%

ok im running vista bit with a linksys wrt g wireless router my pc is hardwired though I was playing a game and suddenly got a huge amount of packetloss so I did a restart of pc modem and router didnt help pc seems laggy checked router default out internet to bugged back on was password and router suddenly admin and login password was back to default changed my pw and wireless security pw seems better now but I wanna make sure im also running the newest version of firefox not ie thanks in advanceLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v internet bugged out and admin password on router was suddenly back to default Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows system schtasks exeC Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpCtrl exeC Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exeC Windows system jusched exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files NETGEAR WPN wpn exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE internet bugged out and admin password on router was suddenly back to default a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dllO - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler Prog... Read more

A:internet bugged out and admin password on router was suddenly back to default

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREregards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233072/internet-bugged-out-and-admin-password-on-router-was-suddenly-back-to-default/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi many thanks in advance for any unable in rights use xp..... to admin assistance i am logged in as admin in xp but have lost rights and am unable to change add any accounts hoping to avoid a complete reinstall - thanks again hjt log as follows - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ unable to use admin rights in xp..... exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program unable to use admin rights in xp..... Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS system defensewall serv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files OO Software CleverCache ooccag exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Fomatik TrueImageTryStartService exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files OO Software CleverCache ooccctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files EverNote EverNote UniClipper exe C Documents and Settings Default User Local Settings Temp bh ySa d IDMan exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Shock Utility ShockDesktop ShockDesktop exe C Documents and Settings Default User Local Settings Temp bh ySa d IEMonitor exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Down Home Down Home exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop Toolbox FF ULT OPTIMISER Firefox Ultimate Optimizer exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize yco uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize yco uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Mai... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-use-admin-rights-in-xp-241981.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hello im helping a neighbor with their computer and they have tons of viruses they use a Dell as a family PC with multiple user accounts on their computer do anyone know of a key to press during the system startup to start the automated system recovery i ve tried f and i believe f when i turn the computer on and log into windows in safe mode under the quot Administrator quot there are still errors popping up saying the user doesnt have administrator privilages im not sure what else to do since they can t find their windows installation disc i also did system restore but that did not solve the problem the owner of the computer wants me to erase everything and put it back to how it was when it was bought system recovery Administrator Privilages... on my PC at my house i have an eMachines old and pressing F during the post will start up system recovery but it Administrator Privilages... doesnt work like that on dell nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/administrator-privilages.771614/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I am trying to get an almost exact replica of my school computer minus RM CC and this is what I want to do for the limited users I only want them to see and use only some programs but I want the other admins to see all programs I don't want them to be able to lock the users Admins can but without the switch user button at the bottom I don't want them to be able to see the local hard drive again admins can I don't want any User Privilages user to be able to just switch users and I want all new users to be forced to change their passwords before they log on for the first time e g after they typed their username in and temporary User Privilages password I appreciate if no one User Privilages can do all of this but it must all be possible as RM have figured out how to do this Thanks Daniel Callaghan P S Sorry if some of these are in the tutorial section but instead of looking forever and possibly not getting anything I just decided to create a new topic I hope this isn't a problem as it is on some other forums I have been on

A:User Privilages

You have to use the Local Sseruity Policy Editor
Local Security Policy Editor - Open
I do not that much about it.
Althoght I do know everything you want to do can be done from there.

Jimmy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/149977-user-privilages.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I try to do certain things my computer will tell me I need more privilages, please contact the computer administrator. I thought I had privilages, when I bring up the log-in page it has computer administrator under my name. What is going on here? It's been a month now and I am about to take this darn machine in for a total clean out, please help me...

A:needing more privilages?!?!?!?

Check out:
Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy

More information like what those "certain things" cause would help more

Hope that helps somehow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/needing-more-privilages.370486/
Relevancy 46.44%

I keep trying to log onto my computer and get the error message: "Unable to log you on because your account has been locked out, please contact your administrator." I am using Windows XP operating system.
If it were just an issue of logging on with the administrator account and resetting my account, I could do that. Only it won't even let me log on with my administrator account. I'm not sure what to do. This happened to my computer once a few years back and I ended up having to reformat my hard drive and lost everything. I really don't want to risk losing all of my files again, I don't have anything backed up.
Is there any advice you can give me to get back on my computer?
Thanks!

A:Unable to log you on because your account has been locked out... cant log in as admin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-log-you-on-because-your-account-has-been-locked-out-cant-log-in-as-admin.987837/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok So I recently got a virus need I Install to Admin Unable Error to be says Anything, on my computer and it really wasn't going away with any anti virus program so I reinstalled Windows from scratch Everything seemed to go off without a hitch and all drivers were found and the like BUT after about a day or so I couldn't install any programs I've tried ITunes The new Office Suite Enterprise but nothing seems to install I keep getting an error message that I need to quot Install as Administrator quot even though I'm on the adminstrator account AND when I click quot Run as Unable to Install Anything, Error says I need to be Admin Administrator quot it still doesn't install ITunes spit out the error that I was running in Safe Mode when I wasn't at all I'm just at wits end Should Unable to Install Anything, Error says I need to be Admin I reinstall Windows again Could I have gotten another Virus It just seems really really odd Edit Also the version of Windows I installed WAS not the same version I got when purchasing the Laptop I recieved it through MSDNA from my college

A:Unable to Install Anything, Error says I need to be Admin

Just to try something simple first.
Try disabling UAC (user account control) and running the install.
If that works leave it off while installing apps and then just turn it back on when done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/185205-unable-install-anything-error-says-i-need-admin.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I have a user that has a Sitecom Bluetooth USB adaptor to connect their mobile phone to their laptop. When I installed the device I upgraded the users account to administrator installed the device and all worked fine. Once complete I downgraded the users account to Restricted User and I can no longer connect the mobile phone to the bluetooth adaptor.

Something in Windows security it preventing the devices from connecting but I cannot see where the restiction is. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how I can remove this restriction without having to increase the users level of access?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-bluetooth-unless-admin.694489/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi guys, i am unable to log into my admin account, i put my password in and it just says "user profile device falied to login", i can't system restore because somehow its been turned off. i've tried the patch on the microsoft page but it doesn't seem to work, any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-log-into-my-admin-account-windows-7.1168672/
Relevancy 46.44%

Trying to start defrag from anywhere gives me "not enough storage is available to complete this operation."
This is true running it from
start : programs:accessories
or
control panel:administrative tools
or
start:run:dfrg.msc

Diskkeeper 9 generates the same error.

I find I also cannot run the device manager - in fact most things relating to the Management console generate the same error.

System is:
Windows XP, Service Pack 2
Pentium III, 733 Mhz
640 Ram

Checkdisk turns up nothing.

I can't see that my swap should be an issue - I've got it set to 3x the installed memory.

I cant' find this error listed much except for NT or 2000 - where they suggest that the MFT size might need adjusting. I thought that issue went away with XP.

Any ideas? Or shall I start lining up my various software media and plunge into a system reinstall?

Thanks

A:XP unable to run defrag or other admin tools

How much free-space is there on the drive? You need 15% to be able to run defrag.

Set the page file to system managed for a while, and delete all but the last System Restore point, and any old C:\Windows\$NTUninstallers$ , remove any screen savers and wallpapers which you never use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-unable-to-run-defrag-or-other-admin-tools.332070/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all -

I am getting a message when trying to do anything like Delete a file on the desktop to install or uninstall applications. the message is : You are logged on with a non-Administrative privileges. However the account is setup to be a local admin and I was able to confirm that in Computer management. I have heard of a Registry key that could fix this but I don't remember what the key was anyone know?

A:unable to delete when logged in as admin.

Originally Posted by RiceEatingZR1

Hello all -

I am getting a message when trying to do anything like Delete a file on the desktop to install or uninstall applications. the message is : You are logged on with a non-Administrative privileges. However the account is setup to be a local admin and I was able to confirm that in Computer management. I have heard of a Registry key that could fix this but I don't remember what the key was anyone know?

Hello,
Try this link, log on to that account, and you should be able to do want you said. Please read the tutorial carefully.

Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/147898-unable-delete-when-logged-admin.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Any response given will be greatly appreciated even if there's nothing or Admin User log in account Unable to to you can do to help me First I don't know much about computers so I'll explain the problem the best Unable to log in to User or Admin account I can I got a little bubble telling me I had a spyware then an IE window FF is my default browser came up with an ad for some antispyware xp or something I closed it and ran a scan with AVG It found or threats one was Vundo can't remember the others After it finished it said to restart which I did When it resarted it went to the screen where you pick an account to sign in Normally it does not go to this screen I only have one account which does not have a password I clicked on it the screen blinked then it logged out of the account I went into safe mode tried the same for the admin account and the same thing happened I'm typing this on my PS so I'll be quick to respond Again thank you to anyone who responds

A:Unable to log in to User or Admin account

Hi bill1228 and welcome to TSF !

This worked for other users :
Fix Windows XP Log On/Log Off Loop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-log-in-to-user-or-admin-account-379306.html
Relevancy 46.44%

unable to run my Norton antivirus or download any malware software without the admin password box popping up. when I press enter button, a new window pops up, multiple ads come up on the screen, i can log on to my computer, i can access the internet, i am unable to download any virus/malware software without the popup admin password box. have no idea what the password could be. have tried to reset the clock, popup box comes up. 

A:admin password pop up box, unable to run any downloads

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version:26-07-2015
Ran by Speed (ATTENTION: The logged in user is not administrator) on SPEED-PC (27-07-2015 20:50:58)
Running from C:\Users\Speed\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: Speed (Available Profiles: Speed & temporarory)
Platform: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: IE)
Boot Mode: Safe Mode (with Networking)
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

Failed to access process -> smss.exe
Failed to access process -> csrss.exe
Failed to access process -> csrss.exe
Failed to access process -> wininit.exe
Failed to access process -> winlogon.exe
Failed to access process -> services.exe
Failed to access process -> lsass.exe
Failed to access process -> lsm.exe
Failed to access process -> svchost.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Failed to access process -> WmiPrvSE.exe

==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the registry item will be restored to default or removed. The file will not be moved.)

HKLM\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM\...\Run: [Logitech Download Assistant] => C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll,LogiFetch
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [NortonOnlineBackupReminder] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Toshiba Online Backup\Activation\TOBuActivation.exe [3218792 2010-08-17] (Toshiba)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe ARM] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe [958576 2013-04-04] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [ToshibaServiceStation] => C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\ToshibaServiceStation.exe [1294712 2010-11-29] (TOSHIBA Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe [254336 2013-07-02] (Oracle Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [APSDaemon] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe [43848 2014-04-23] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [QuickTime Task] => C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe [421888 2014-01-17] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [iTunesHelper] => C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe [152392 2014-05-26] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [BrowserSafeguard] => "C:\Program Files (x86)\BrowserSafeguard\Brows... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584284/admin-password-pop-up-box-unable-to-run-any-downloads/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello again

OK now im a lil confused. I am currently working on somebodys laptop and I am wanting to look for windows updates. When I connect to the site I was informed that my date and time are wrong. OK not a problem click on the clock and "You do not have the proper privilege to change the system time".
If I was logged on as a User I could understand but im using the administrator account. Anyone got any ideas?

The machine is a Toshiba SP6100 and is running XP pro. Spybot and the Virus checker have discovered nothing unusual.

Any help most appreciated!

A:Unable to change the Clock as admin

change it in your bios first

try changing it in safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-change-the-clock-as-admin-99457.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My Stand-alone computer with windows XP no longer allows me to access my EFS encrypted file or decrypt thems I am using the original Administrator account Administrator is the owner of the files and has full privilages according to the details section of the encryption details of the file No changes to passwords No reinstall of Windows carried out The only changes to the system made which have led to this problem have been adding a new DVD drive my lost have How I access privilages? and a recovery of my Registry from How have I lost my access privilages? an earlier date using windows repair module on the boot disc not a reinstall Same user profiles The registry was recovered from a previous restore point dated after the files were encrypted A program I have found quot Advanced EFS Data recovery quot claimed to be able to decrypt the files So I gave it a go It managed to find the private keys decrypt them and then use the keys to decrypt the files However It will only give me a preview until I pay them for the premium version Nonetheless it shows that the keys are on How have I lost my access privilages? my hard drive still So I'm thinking that the issue is with a change to the Administrator's association with the files keys Does anyone have an insight into what might be the cause Is it fixable etc I am annoyed because it obviously is fixable at a premium price This program shows me the keys i need The file names are there to see but there is no indication as to how to access them manually Any help much appreciated Nic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-have-i-lost-my-access-privilages-315365.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I'm not really sure when this problem started but as the admin account to as user admin Unable accounts access and only real user I set up another account to test my problems on my HP Laptop I cannot access the user accounts on my computer I've tried to access them multiple ways including through the control panel and directly through the Unable to access user accounts as admin start menu but when I try to click on anything having to do with the user accounts on my pc nothing happens So I am unable to change my password change Unable to access user accounts as admin my picture or add or remove other accounts It's almost like I'm not an administrator However according to multiple places on my computer my account is still an administrator Also some programs do not launch unless I chose to launch them as an admin by right clicking is that normal So to summarize my situation I don't think my admin account is Unable to access user accounts as admin giving me proper access to my computer limiting the things I can do Does anyone have an idea of what has happened or how I can fix it Thanks - Sean

A:Unable to access user accounts as admin

Try this:

Open an Elevated Command Prompt
Enable the hidden Administrator account: Enter net user administrator /active:yes

Reboot and got to safe mode (press F8 during boot).
Login as Administrator (no password).

Open Control Panel, User Accounts.
Check you account and make sure it's still setup correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241541-unable-access-user-accounts-admin.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So Long story short got my computer back from my brother last night and Go Figure nothing seems to Windows any log other into Admin Unable to 7 account Built-In than work I started by trying to log into my account admin acct starts to log in but then displays quot The User Profile Service failed the logon quot At that point I turned to the internet for help Started here You receive quot The User Profile Service failed the logon I thought sounded like something I could do but sadly had no users that could actually complete this task I would open the regedit go to my account then when I tried to edit the said quot bak quot file it would tell me I didn't have permissions and anytime that I was prompted for my password I would type it in and it would accept it as far as to go away but wouldn't do anything I could type in wrong passwords and it would show an error for said wrong password At this point I restarted my computer set up my built-in Administrator and logged in as that admin I tried removing the quot bak quot it let me without prompting but after restarting it did nothing And when I looked in the regedit the quot bak quot was back also I had reset the RefCount and the other Windows 7 Unable to log into any Admin account other than Built-In key can't remember name SO I don't want this to get too big of a thread starter heres a quick list of what I tried Made new user can't log in with same issues Tried to edit users in control panel I get no prompt because using built in admin but nothing happens when I click on users link Ran sfc scannow got a really long log file and down't know what the most important snippet would be to supply but I thought maybe Code POQ ends - - Info CSI e SR Verify complete - - Info CSI e SR Repairing components - - Info CSI ea SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI eb Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI ec SR Cannot repair member file l quot currency css quot of Microsoft-Windows-Gadgets-Currency Resources Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ed Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI ee SR Cannot repair member file l quot currency css quot of Microsoft-Windows-Gadgets-Currency Resources Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ef SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Gadget-Platform-Package bf ad e amd en-US WindowsGadgetPlatform quot - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member C Program Files x Windows Sidebar Gadgets Currency Gadget en-US css currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI f SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Program Files x Windows Sidebar Gadgets Currency Gadget en-US css quot l quot currency css quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI f Repair results created POQ starts Mov... Read more

A:Windows 7 Unable to log into any Admin account other than Built-In

Welcome
Apparently, you Brother did something to the computer that he should not have done.
I would run an system restore from a few days before you gave him the computer. Everything should go back to normal.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243160-windows-7-unable-log-into-any-admin-account-other-than-built.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I reset the Windows OS on a laptop I am giving to a friend I had set them up as the Admin but when I wanted to reinstall Office it asked for the account under which Office was originally installed So I added myself as an Admin and changed my friend to a standard user I restarted teh computer and now it does not recognize either one of us as an Admin I have gone through all of the advanced options in Troubleshoot but they all end up at PC; start admin to no account recognized Unable teh same point quot You need to sign in as aqn administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC quot Below that it says quot Forgot your passwword or don't see your account quot Unable to start PC; no admin account recognized When I click on that it says quot This list only shows administrator accounts that have previously signed into this PC and does not include standard user or domain accounts You need to be signed in as an administrator to use some repair and restore tools If you don't have a password for any of these accounts you can restart to try singing in to Windows to manage your user accounts quot I have restarted it about a dozen times and it goes straight from a bootup screen to a blue screen that says Automatic Repair Your PC did not start correctly Press quot Restart quot to restart your PC which can sometimes fix the problem You can also press quot Advanced options quot to try other options to repair your PC I'm stuck in a loop of that It won't let me make corrections without being signed on as an admin but it won't sign me on as an admin

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54643-unable-start-pc-no-admin-account-recognized.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Well this may have to do with a bunch of reformatting after ridding malware from my system but now I m wondering how to fix without programs admin run unable to option choosing this issue whenever I click on one of my programs shortcuts or applications it acts like it starts with the icon unable to run programs without choosing admin option being selected and the loading circle but shortly stops after and in the task manager leaves the application with around k- k on the processes I can only run programs if selected to run as admin but unfortunately then most of my programs can t be run as admin I m really wondering what s the issue and some of my more-so tech savvy friends are puzzled by this Some suggestions I ve seen are to do a system restore to before this issue started but unable to run programs without choosing admin option some of the dates for a system restore contain a very viscious malware so with this option I m wondering if I skip over the date in which I had and contracted the malware will it restore as it dose in some cases note I m new to these forums so if any admin somehow move this to a more appropriate thread please give some insight on my issue but I m sure this belongs here as it s operating issues now not malware Another thing is that I d really appreciate any advice anyone has This isn t a crippling issue but a very annoying one at that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394744/unable-to-run-programs-without-choosing-admin-option/
Relevancy 46.01%

What the hell is up with that? Anyone got a solution? Vista just locked all my folders and files in program files. This makes using SVN a ***** cause it can't write the updates.

A:Unable to remove read only from HDD objects even though I'm an admin

you may be able to take ownership of all of the files on the drive. By this I mean going into the properties/security/advanced/owner for the drive. This may help. Best of luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove-read-only-from-hdd-objects-even-though-im-an-admin.629676/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction?

This my father's PC (my brothers hand me down).

He previously didn't need to login as a user at all, it would go straight to his desktop (wasn't even aware of any username etc).
I set up as an administrator so that I could change a file name, this worked just fine until we wanted to get to his desktop etc. It then asked for a username & password, whatever I try it doesn't want to work.

There is only one other user account listed as well as the administrator, I've tried logging in with this username with and without passwords set up from within administrator account to no avail.
All his files, desktop etc are there when I explore the hard drive as admin.

Any help would be appreciated?

A:unable to login user, I do have admin access

I don't know if this has a bearing? The account doesn't appear in user profiles? Please see attached.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294303-unable-login-user-i-do-have-admin-access.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there I m new to this so please be to admin privilege delete no Unable files, nice I am having trouble deleting files off my work computer connected to a wide network but have individual private log-in One is a word document and the other is a movie file They are on my desktop and both work fine When trying to delete an error comes up saying access denied and that it may be in use elsewhere or the disk may be full or write protected I ve had a browse of the internet and tried Unable to delete files, no admin privilege a few things that people have suggested before e g changing file name deleting in DOS etc but to no avail I think the reason I can t delete in dos is that I am not an quot administrator quot I would like to try to delete these files without involving the IT technician if possible as they are confidential files and I don t know if the tech is trustworthy for this sort of file as she is fairly new Does anyone have any answers as to how they can be deleted without the admin login Many thanks Poppy nbsp

A:Unable to delete files, no admin privilege

I'm going to close this as we cannot assist with work machines. The chances are that your IT staff put those restrictions in place for a reason. Your best bet is to contact them and have them walk you through the removal of the data.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-delete-files-no-admin-privilege.986092/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello this is my first post

I have a problem with my laptop it runs on windows xp

Right the problem is that i cant access my control panel from the
start menu so i cant uninstall any programs or change any of the
settings

please help

Relevancy 46.01%

Firefox just asked for Admin privileges, so I automatically granted them.

However after thinking about it I realised that its never needed them before and I'm starting to get annoyed by the "This Program Need Your Permission" dialogue that pops up every time I run it (which is often).

Is it possible to remove the Admin privileges from Firefox (or at least stop this dialogue window from popping at me all the time)?

How do I go about doing it?
(I'm still trying to get my head around the whole "permissions" system of Vista and don't want to turn of UAC).

Any and all help would be great.

Thanks.

EDIT: Since giving it Admin privileges it now ignores my mouse when I hit the back and forward buttons or middle-click.

A:Removing Administrator privilages from programs

Ignore this, I've figured it out.

A friend with a lot more "Vista" knowledge then me happened to drop in just now and I got him to fix it.

Thanks for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-administrator-privilages-from-programs.562292/
Relevancy 46.01%

There is a game I am trying to play and it runs a program called Game Guard which is needed to play it. Game Guard needs to access the system32 folder in order for the game to work, but as I am on a Guest account, it will not work.

Is there anyway (using administrator) to be able to change very specific privileges so that the Guest account is able to access this folder?

I am using Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

This computer is only available to my family so there won't be any problems if this account were to access that folder.

Thanks in advance

A:User Account Privilages - Guest

Try this: Go to start>run and type:

control userpasswords2 press enter, Here you can change your admin settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-privilages-guest.621003/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have verified that all updates available to Windows XP, etc have been installed. I am attempting to create a Limited access account on a computer. Unfortunately, when I create the account, it still has access to some administrative features that it shouldn't. The limited account can install software, change firewall settings, and change internet security settings.

I've tried everything that I can think of... Is there somewhere that controls which features are available to an Administrator and which are available to a Limited account?

D. R. Stevick

A:Limited User has some Administrator Privilages

I don't know for sure if the following link will assist you in any way to figure this out, but it might set the tone for digging deeper for an answer. I'd be curious to know the answer myself.
Here's the link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=c...s=com.microsoft:en-US&sa=X&oi=groups&ct=title

Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck !

Pete C.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-user-has-some-administrator-privilages.517226/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've recently set up a Windows 2003 server as a domain controler with several Windows XP Pro workstations. The only problem that I've run into is domain users not having enough permissions to install various programs (anything really, MS Office, Flash, anything-setup.exe). They can't even edit some of the local settings such as the power settings (how long to wait before going to stand by/hibernate/etc).

How can I set these users to have enough permissions to do these things locally without giving them full administrative rights?

A:Question about Domains and Local Privilages

Create a Global Group called "Installers" (or whatever you like). Add this GLobal Group to the "Power Users" group on each workstation. This will allow members of "Installers" to add/remove software on each workstation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/question-about-domains-and-local-privilages-47919.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Insufficiant privilages for Programs?
I am getting this error message ever since i cleaned the registry.

The installer has insufficiant privlages to modify this file

C\program files (x86)\itunes\itunes resources\itunes.icxs

I have right clicked on properties, then security and made sure i had all privilages marked. I still am unable to uninstall and open. I've ran as admin also and i just keep getting the same or similar messages.

Any help would be awesome

A:Insufficiant privilages for Programs? Not so simple

Welcome
Rule one hands off registry. Go back to a few days, with system restore, before you tried to make the system better
System Restore - How to
If necessary try in safe mode

After you are up and running, this is what you do to maintain both Vista and seven
http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...tml#post764471

http://www.vistax64.com/software/285856-insufficiant-privilages-programs-not-so-simple.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

Is there any way to view Calender with normal user credentials in XP?
And if it not can it be possible atlease to view the calender ?

A:Time & Date privilages to the Users in XP

Hi and Welcome to TSF,

As a local administrator, run up the Local Security Settings and go to Security Settings \ Local Policies \ User Rights Assignment. Double-click on ?Change the system time? and add users or groups as applicable, or even add 'interactive', which will allow whoever is logged on to the computer to change the date and time.

If you're running GPOs, you'll need to do that way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/time-and-date-privilages-to-the-users-in-xp-468184.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Whenever i try to open system restore i get the following message quot You do not have sufficient security privileges to restore your system Please contact your administrator or logout and login as your administrator and try again quot I do privilages security certain have sufficient Help things. I please! don't noticed this happened to me the day i tried to create a network using the microsoft Network Creator wizard Apparently doing this created some sort of administrator account I have the only account on my computer and it is the administrator account It won t even let me change the clock settings on my computer When i try turning on my computer in Safe mode the administrator account appears But it won t let me delete it and even when i log in as I don't have sufficient security privilages do certain things. Help please! that administrator in safe mode it still won t let me run system restore or anything I also typed in Services msc in the run box and it says the system restore service is running I don t know how to fix this but i need to system restore because there are some settings that i don t remember that i had Anyone know how to delete this adminstrator account or get system restore to work nbsp

A:I don't have sufficient security privilages do certain things. Help please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-dont-have-sufficient-security-privilages-do-certain-things-help-please.667394/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell XPS8300 running Windows 8.1
I am having some sort of software/malware issue. I am unable to use Windows Search, unable to print anything, unable to run anything in "Admin Mode", I'm unable to even "Right Click" anything. The programs/Apps simply lock up and refuse to open. I can terminate them using Ctrl-Alt-Del then task manager. I have tried to use DDS, however it says that dds is not meant to run in "compatibility Mode" and will now terminate.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated...

David

A:Software locking up, unable to "right click", Not able to run in admin mode...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/521742 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521742/software-locking-up-unable-to-right-click-not-able-to-run-in-admin-mode/
Relevancy 45.58%

After upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 - my standard user does no longer have administration rights.

in computer administration ->local user and Groups - the properties for the user shows that the user belongs the Group administrators.

However when I access the user account in the control panel the user shows up as "standard" and I cannot change that while logged in as standard user.

I have tried logging in as Administrator (using the built in administrator) - but here I am also unable to change the setting of the standard user from "standard" to "Administrator" - the "change account type" button
is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

I have tried everything I can think of, read all I could find on the net - but to no avail.

Can u assist

A:unable to give user admin rights in windows 8.1

Hello Ivanhoe, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What other groups does Local Users and Groups show that the standard user belongs to?

While signed out of the standard account and signed in to the built-in Administrator, see if you may be able to use one of the other options in the tutorial below to change the account type of the standard user to be administrator.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38069-unable-give-user-admin-rights-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi folks, i have been unable to get Windows to auto update even when i am running admin , i have downloaded the SURT tool but am getting the following first screenshot.

The screenshot below is the message i get when trying to get the SURT tool to run .

The screenshot below the first is the screen i get when running admin and trying to turn on auto update.

Thanks for any help.

A:Running Admin but still unable to get auto update to turn on

Your first screenshot shows that you are attempting to open a file with an extension of crdownload

That file extension is usually associated with Google's Chrome browser. It is a temporary file extension given to a file during the download. Once the download completes, there are a few more things that might occur before the original file extension is assigned to the file.

One of those things is:
Security related Chrome extensions (apps) might need to complete their checking of the file.

Another thing is:
Antivirus apps (in this case, Kaspersky) might might need to scan the file.
I downloaded Kaspersky 14.0.0.4651 from here:
Download Kaspersky Anti-Virus 14.0.0.4651 - FileHippo.com
(234MB)
During install, it downloaded another 168MB of stuff.
After the install, it downloaded lots more files. Wow!

I downloaded Chrome 31.0.1650.63 from here:
Download Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 - FileHippo.com

After restarting the Virtual Machine that I'm playing in, I used Chrome to download the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) from here: Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [November 2013] from Official Microsoft Download Center

Using Process Monitor, I did not see Kaspersky do anything with the file during or after the download. Perhaps I just missed Kaspersky's actions.

My temp file correctly renamed from
Windows6.1-KB947821-v31-x64.crdownload to
Windows6.1-KB947821-v31-x64.msu after the download completed.

I used the default settings for Kaspersky - maybe your settings/results are different.

I would suggest that you try downloading the SURT using another browser. The final download size looks correct in your first screenshot, but I would not attempt to manually rename the file.

In your second screenshot, I noticed that...
"Some settings are managed by your system administrator".
That is typically something that you might see if the computer is a member of a domain. You system specs say that your computer is running OS win 7 64 Home edition - which (as far as I know) cannot join a domain. Are the screenshots in your post from your W7 Home system? Or are we talking about a work computer?

I've seen antivirus products (security suites) also take over Windows update settings, but they usually replace "your system administrator" with the software product name.

If this is your work computer, forum members should not help you get around your system admin's setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/318923-running-admin-but-still-unable-get-auto-update-turn.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I Help, Need to Standard Major and to set unable change. Admin account was at my Math class and my roommate texted me telling me my computer started to freak out The computer turned itself on and the fans went extremely loud Need Major Help, Admin account set to Standard and unable to change. and a clicking noise started I have a Sager Clevo P So I get back to the room and my computer was off and everything seemed fine I started it up and my sticky keys were not set This happened before though sethc exe was not in the right spot I fixed this before by putting it where it correctly goes and allowing full control to my admin account I tried to do this again and it would not let me I went to User account and found out my only account on this computer is set to Standard Don't ask me how this is possible so now I have no admin account on my own computer and I don't have full control over it I tried bringing up the command prompt and manually activating an administrator account by doing net user administrator active yes and my access is denied because I am not an admin account I then booted my computer in safe mode and tried to access the admin account that way Which there was an admin account but a password attached to it The password is not what my password is and I did not set any other password because there was always only user So what the hell do I do I can not set an admin account and I am locked out of any other admin accounts please help

A:Need Major Help, Admin account set to Standard and unable to change.

If you have an install or repair disc try this How to Reset Your Forgotten Windows Password the Easy Way - How-To Geek

Or this if you have no disc How to Reset Your Windows Password Without an Install CD - How-To Geek

Don't trust your room mate, password protect your computer!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267504-need-major-help-admin-account-set-standard-unable-change.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm unable to install Eset Smart Security v3.0.551.0 Program because I keep getting an error message
that says ' The System Administrator has set policies to prevent the installation'

And I have no idea why I can't install this program. I get this message with other stuff also but I've just not bothered until now to find out why.
Also I cannot do any windows update. I keep getting an error message that says "Windows Can't Check for Updates"

I had AVG Free and uninstalled it so I could install the Eset Program but now I have no antivirus program.
I DO have Malwarebytes installed on my computer but that's not helping me with viruses. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Any help is appreciated.. Thank You

Oh btw this is my home laptop computer and I'm the only owner/user so I AM the system administrator.

A:Unable to Install due AV Prog due to System Admin Policies

Update mbam and run a FULL scanPlease post the results

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297500/unable-to-install-due-av-prog-due-to-system-admin-policies/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all I performed an in-place upgrade to Windows HP from retail Vista HP I downloaded Windows from Microsoft This copy is activated All is well except I am unable to change my wallpaper I have tried changing the theme as well as trying the various ways of changing wallpaper For most places the option to change background wallpaper is simply grayed out Under Personalize gt Appearance I try to change the wallpaper but I am told that the feature has been disabled by an admin and I need to contact that person Seeing as I am the sole user of my computer and am an IT professional I'm at a bit of a loss I went in to Windows Anytime Upgrade and although nothing was out wallpaper admin change access required? to Unable - of the ordinary anytime after that I was able to set my desktop background from a web image Still I cannot use photos I have on my machine for the wallpaper The only thought is that something went wrong with the permissions during the upgrade and somehow I am not recognized as an admin Thoughts anyone I am afraid that the solution might end up being a wipe and reinstall but if I can avoid that so much the better Thanks

A:Unable to change wallpaper - admin access required?

Hello Jimmy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing the Step Two section in either METHOD ONE or METHOD TWO in the tutorial below can enable you to change the desktop background again.

Desktop Background Wallpaper - Prevent Change - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/32002-unable-change-wallpaper-admin-access-required.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am not sure when this issue occurred but I noticed it today Problem I certain acces to control unable panels account from admin am unable to acces certain CP from the admin account These CP include quot advanced system settings quot and quot remote setings quot When clicked nothing happens So far all the unresponsive CP I have identified are quot admin CP quot they have the little multicolored circle next to them Odly I AM able to acces SOME admin CP ie quot device manager quot I have tried creating a new admin user from which all the CP works fine I have scanned for virus with AVIR to no avail I unable to acces certain control panels from admin account have scanned registry etc with Tuneup utilities also to no avail Recently I seem to have lost a few fonts like Times new Roman missing from all users no idea if the issues are related Problems remains on safeboot unable to acces certain control panels from admin account Could this have to do with permissions I have recently changed the UAC levels back and forth EDIT just tried all four UAC settings On the highset security level UAC prompts me when I press the unresponsive CP after I press ok nothing happens On the lower levels nothing happens whatsoever Just tried copying my user to a new user but gave it up as a reinstall unable to acces certain control panels from admin account seems more sensible gonna keep trying for a few more days though as I'd like to know what the cause of the issue is I am running win ultimate - - slightly tweaked services and such but nothing that I can immaginbe to cause this issue EDIT Upgraded to authentic windows yesterday could this be the cause Service tweaks NET STOP quot Adaptive Brightness quot sc config SensrSvc start demand NET STOP quot TPM Base Services quot sc config TBS start demand NET STOP quot Windows Biometric Service quot sc config WbioSrvc start demand NET STOP quot CardSpace quot sc config idsvc start demand NET STOP quot Windows Defender quot sc config WinDefend start demand NET STOP quot Windows Media Center Receiver Service quot sc config ehRecvr start demand NET STOP quot Smart Card quot sc config SCardSvr start demand NET STOP quot Smart Card Removal Policy quot sc config SCPolicySvc start demand NET STOP quot Offline Files quot sc config CscService start demand NET STOP quot Parental Controls quot sc config WPCSvc start demand NET STOP quot Distributed Link Tracking Client quot sc config TrkWks start demand several tweaks from programs like tuneup utilities and similar

A:unable to acces certain control panels from admin account

Where do you see these CP items? They do not appear in my Control Panel at all. Are you talking about System Properties?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121687-unable-acces-certain-control-panels-admin-account.html
Relevancy 45.58%

ok i have a system error 5 which is resulting in me not being able to acsess my firewall settings to allow starcraft 2 through for the instalation. The account i have set as admin does not allow me to change settings due to me not having administration privlidges it also will not allow me to create or upgrade a new/another account it just takes me bk and when creating it says i cannot contain ? etc when i dont have any in.
Any ideas? Ive tried alot of the command prompts and they just dont seem to work

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/281476-unable-config-firewall-admin-error-5-disallow.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all

I hope somebody can perhaps rescue me,

I have had win8 for approx 1 year and just upgraded to win8.1 last week.

I installed bitdefender total security at the same time and everything was fine for a few days until one morning I woke up my Laptop to find I couldnt open a software program. Further investigation has found that I can not alter anything on my machine.

I have only the one user account which has my name, email, Administrator and password protected showing.

I can use my laptop still but have no admin rights at all.

When i try to open command prompt (admin) it takes a few minutes to come back with an error saying cannot access specified path, file folder etc...

I am pulling my hair out as i cant even restore my system back to factory settings.

How can I restore my factory settings from this point??

A:Suddenly lost admin privileges and now unable to change

Are you able to login to administrator and give back your admin rights?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37967-suddenly-lost-admin-privileges-now-unable-change.html
Relevancy 45.58%

domain admin accounts are unable to uninstall applications on win7 machines using the following method:

On a machine that is logged in by a domain user

1.) runas CMD with the domain admin account
2.) type appwiz.cpl
3.) select app and uninstall

error: you must be an administrator to remove this applicaton

the account can remove apps when it is logged in as itself, but not from runas.

any ideas?

A:domain admin unable to uninstall apps on win7

Oh and UAC is switched off too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/domain-admin-unable-to-uninstall-apps-on-win7-605882.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there everyone,

I recently tried to remove entries in my registry for Uniblue Spyeraser, but have been unable to do so. I get the "unable to delete all specified values". I even get this after enabling and signing on as admin AND running regedit as admin. I don't know how to get any more admin than that.

Can anyone tell me how I might go about getting rid of these entries?

thanks,
json

A:unable to delete some third party registry entries, even as admin

I so not advise the use of registry cleaners as they really serve no purpose.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post1722857

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...er-401950.html

If you believe them to be entries of an infectious nature, I suggest that you proceed to to our Security Center, Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum, to have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst. Please be sure to follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

Please be patient as the Security Analysts are very busy and one will get to you as soon as possible.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-delete-some-third-party-registry-entries-even-as-admin-464984.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is a strange bug I seen once before in windows I was downloading a video file off megaupload with firefox Firefox makes files for a download the file itself and a temp file where all the data goes to till the download is done So I pick the dir where I want to place the file Windows admin delete bug? Unable to account file and I download it but right when it finishes I get a error message saying it dose not have access Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file to save the file So there I get left with a kb file and a finished temp file I can move the temp file and edit out the part to use it but the blank file can't be deleted It clams I don't have administrator access to delete the file but I only have Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file a admin account setup in use What can I do to fix this The last time it happened I deleted the temp file restarted and it was ok but I need a better solution for this stupid error

A:Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file

Hello smsff7

Maybe an AV scan is in order, the AV scanner below is free, have a go.

Malwarebytes.org

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/70786-windows-admin-account-bug-unable-delete-file.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I think windows locked the temp folder from being accessed by any program without admin rights When opening a file from an archive with Winrar it just get extracted in the same folder before it is opened Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications But goto WinRAR and File properties and then enable Run as Administrator in rights Acces Temp to folder Unable without admin Compatibility settings Everything works normal The file is extracted in Temp folder before getting opened Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications And also MSI installers are shows up error until they are run as administrators through CMD We know msi installers gets extracted in temp folder and then installs Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications Unable to Acces Temp folder without admin rights Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications This has been happening since last one week So My question is this Did Windows stopped programs from accessing temp folder without admin rights Is it time to disable UAC Will Diasbling UAC affect system security

A:Unable to Acces Temp folder without admin rights

As for disabling the UAC if only you are using it while you fish around then no it will not affect security per se'.
As for the other stuff mate lest see what disabling does first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/327848-unable-acces-temp-folder-without-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am the only user on my laptop, which means I am the administrator on the computer. I am trying to install a script in indesign. I keep getting a message saying that I am not the administrator, and do not have rights to do so.l I've checked the User account settings, which all seem normal.

Help, please.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65991-unable-make-change-required-admin-rights-i-have.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've been given an old work PC (Windows 7 Pro) and I'm trying to remove the password for my user account. My account has admin status and as I understand it I need to disable the "Password must meet complexity requirements" under password policy but I don't have access. Here's what I see: http://i.imgur.com/ZwR5Be8.png

Does anyone know a way around this? I tried to log in on the Administrator account as well but it made no difference... Thanks!

A:Unable to change the Account Password Policy as an admin.

Hello and welcome furtwangler I have been using some old education department machines and sometimes you can find this info out in the BIOS - have you had a look it there.

I found that the machines I worked on were set up in a very convoluted manner too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/276805-unable-change-account-password-policy-admin.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all I searched the net on how to overwrite or save over the host file in the C Windows System drivers etc folder but I cannot seem to make it work here I tried opening Notepad and run as administrator then file save rights/UAC file with off admin Unable to even host gt open the hosts file and then save but I keep getting access denied When I try overwriting the host file I keep getting this error You Unable to save host file even with admin rights/UAC off need permission from S- - - - - - - to make changes to this folder or if I try to delete the host file I get You need permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file I tried editing permissions in the etc folder but its disabled even though I am using administrator account I tried this with UAC off as well I also tried logging in using Administrator account but same thing Who is this user I tried disabling Norton antivirus as well Can anyone please shed a light on how to solve this in windows

A:Unable to save host file even with admin rights/UAC off

Have tried to take ownership of the Host file?

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/79343-unable-save-host-file-even-admin-rights-uac-off.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi this is my first post I am delighted with the value given from these forums and the great help I have read recognised administrator not to fully run will due Combofix privilages not being about I am getting help from an mbam expert however we have hit a problem I have reached the stage where I need to run combofix under his instructions basically I get a reply each day Combofix will not run fully due to administrator privilages not being recognised and follow his instructions and wait its been a few days now with no reply to this lastest issue My sons pc which is infected is a windows operating system it has one user as the administrator and is not able to get on the internet except as some limited wireless access and it only allows a fake or highjacked webpage in google chrome When I try to run combofix the program runs and then says i do not have administrator privilages so I have run the combofix by right clicking it and run as administrator I get the same results it stops My issue is only to get combofix to run and once done I will continue with william rowland from mbam I ask only to break throught this issue only concerning combofix cheers Rowlando

A:Combofix will not run fully due to administrator privilages not being recognised

Hello and Welcome

It may be possible to get combofix to run in the hidden Adminstrator Account which is like a super user. In the admin account open a command prompt. Type CMD in the search box and then Right click > Run as Administrator

type:

net user administrator /active:yes
Log out of the admin account. You should see a new account called Administrator. Run combofix in this account.

After you get the malware problem fixed disable the Adminstrator account using this command

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548788/combofix-will-not-run-fully-due-to-administrator-privilages-not-being-recognised/
Relevancy 45.15%

How would I go about giving an account under Restricted access to write to the disc?

To be specific, I need to use Power Point Organization chart, but it needs to write to disk. The account needs to stay under Restricted though, and one of the reasons is to prevent disk writing for most applications.. so is there a way to give this one program access to write to disk?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/giving-certain-programs-disk-write-privilages-on-2k.134857/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys

I am facing a weired problem with Vista business OS. I have searched many forums and have not found any solution to set my user properties normal.

The issue is I have installed my Vista Business switching from Windows XP . In my current OS I have only one user profile (Vamsi) and this profile acts as a administrator on my PC. Even then I am not able to save any files directly into either C drive or D drive. The only way I am able to save is first save the file on the desktop and then drag and drop to the desired folder.

I have tried all the options like giving all kinds of privileges to the drives.
yet it doesn't work.... I am out of all options to rectify this.....

Kindly suggest me in rectifying.....

highly appreciate your help...

thanks.

A:[SOLVED] User privilages in Vista Bussines

Hi Vasmi. . .

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista Support!

Interesting problem here... When you say that you have tried all of the "privilege" options are you speaking of file permission settings?

1. Did you take ownership of the folder before setting permissions?
2. Have you ever used icacls or the takeown commands themselves... or did you use the Vista screens?
3. What folders are you trying to save file to (e.g., windows, Program Files, etc...)?
4. Can you save any files directly to your user profile folders - Documents, Music, Pictures, etc...?
5. Have you ever activated the Vista hidden Administrator account?
6. While under XP did you use the user account with the actual name of Administrator?
7. Have you tried to set up another Vista admin account and attempted to save files?
8. Would you mind if we tried #7?

Thanks for answering the above.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-user-privilages-in-vista-bussines-252194.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am running Windows XP and have 2 hard drives. My secondary hard drive holds all files and folders. My primary hardrive is purely for the OS. After recently formating the Primary HD and reinstalling XP, I now find that some files and folders are inaccessible, giving me the error, "Access Denied 'or' User Does Not Have Privilages". while other similar files are fully accessible!
also, since the format, if I create and save PDFs' and JPEGs' to the secondary HD, they are accessible until after I move them to a differrent folder, thereafter the same error messages appear and am unable to access or delete them.
I have looked through admin tools but can find nothing. It also makes no differrence when I log on as Administrator.
Please Help!!

many thanks,

Ben Maye

A:Solved: Access Denied, User Does Not Have Privilages!

Its a permissions problem due to the reinstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-denied-user-does-not-have-privilages.496260/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm getting a Message when trying to install new programs
Trying msn Messenger 7.5 as example.
I'm in an account with administrator rights (this is indicated on the control panel / user accounts)

Message...
"You do not have the permissions required to install...."

I was getting a 1601 message - windows installer not available.
(I went into services and the "windows INstaller" was set to manual, I set it to automatic.)

Looking for directions.

A:Solved: Unable to install programs on winxp pro - admin priviledges

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-install-programs-on-winxp-pro-admin-priviledges.435338/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having a strange problem on a Windows XP system that is on the domain. I installed Windows XP on this system and added my group as administrator and created a local admin ID. The user was ok and able to use his system but then after a reboot was unable to logon to his system using his cached domain acct. and I was unable to logon using the admin id. Has anyone seen this before? If so or not any ideas on how to fix it remotely.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-logon-using-cached-domain-acct-or-local-admin.408861/
Relevancy 45.15%

I get this message whenever I want to use the SEND TO option when right clicking.

Anyone have any feedback?

A:Unable to create an instance of required object. Server Admin

do you have all the updates for windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-create-an-instance-of-required-object-server-admin.473046/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I saw this message earlier on my computer and I don't know what it means or how to fix it? Would some mind helping please. 

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511566/wireless-error-unable-to-get-current-user-admin-status/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have purchased installed all of my pertinent programs and files and have begun using my lovely new HP laptop All is well but for one major issue The new laptop does not have an SD card slot I did not think this would be a big deal but it is turning out to be a major pain Background Details New HP EliteBook OS - Windows Pro SP x Full Administrator I have been completely and miserably unable to access various thumb drives and micro SD cards via two different card readers Each external drive that has appeared but not allowed me access has been on FAT -formatted media The external drives appear in Windows Explorer as Drive F When I double click the drive icon to view the files therein I receive the following message quot You don't currently have permission to access this folder Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder quot When I click quot Continue quot I receive the following message (FAT32) Unable drives. Admin to access as external to gain quot You have been denied permission to access this folder To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab quot When I right click the drive's icon there is NO SECURITY TAB I have also attempted these same steps and received these same results after setting my UAC settings tab all the way down to quot Never Notify me when quot I have also attempted to gain access to the drive and give myself the permissions that I should already have as Administrator via a Command Prompt After running via Accessories the Command Prompt program as an Administrator I attempted to utilize the quot TAKEOWN F quot command Here is what I typed and what I received back in response TAKEOWN F F Response - quot ERROR File Unable to gain access as Admin to external (FAT32) drives. ownership cannot be applied on insecure file systems there is no support for ACLs quot cd d f Response - quot Access denied quot Additional Notes I must be able to access the FAT -formatted micro SD cards due to a piece of equipment that I use daily with my work The micro SD cards must be formatted within that piece of equipment therefore reformatting the drives to be NTFS is not a possibility Any and all help will be very much appreciated

A:Unable to gain access as Admin to external (FAT32) drives.

Hello MdmRptr. Welcome to the forum.

ACL refers to a Access Control List. This is a type of file security protocol.
Access control list - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may need to remove the ACL in order to access the files normally in Windows.

Looking up ACL brings up a lot of Oracle links. Are you - were you - using an Oracle product with these cards/files?
Using Access Control Lists (ACLs) (System Administration Guide, Volume 2)

If it was an Oracle product you could use the method to remove the ACLs here:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/...ji4/index.html

If you were using a Linux program you could start here to investigate the removal of the ACL in Linux:
setfacl

First I've heard of ACLs. Maybe this info will help to point you in the right direction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328524-unable-gain-access-admin-external-fat32-drives.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi This will be my second time using this site and I found the last time to be very helpful but forgive me if I have forgotten a few things and let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to help I have read up on others discussing similiar issues as mine but the details on these posts required hijack this logs and I am concerned to follow those instructions to the T because I know this can be different for each pc I recently had a slew of viruses infecting my computer O S Windows after my daughter years started And Administrator Panel As Unable The To Other Rights Access Admin Control going to her tweeny bopper sites and playing games Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator My computer became almost nonfunctional but I worked and clean and worked and ran numerous scans and finally got it clean to a point I can browse again comfortably and do my normal business online Well I decided that I wanted to take advantage and use theanitvurus suite and firewall my HSI service provides me but found I am unable to access anything needing administrative priviledges error quot This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot Well I am the system administrator and I only have one other profile and I give it administrator rights I imagine since this only began after my numerous attempts to correct the problem myself using my allready installed antivirus AVG spybot search and destroy and adaware but I have a feeling something is still really wrong I am listing my hijack this log to see if it helps and forgive me again if I do this wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin ptssvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AOL UserProfiles All Users antiSpyware dat updates aspapp sunsetAsp exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net a cookieattempt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet... Read more

A:Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum curlysinagainMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Download SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124084/unable-to-access-control-panel-and-other-admin-rights-as-the-administrator/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have been gone privilages/control Trojan.Vundo adminstration panel trying hard to clean up a PC Apparently it got infected with some viruses I believe Vundo Agent and Zango are ones I remember Trojan.Vundo adminstration privilages/control panel gone off hand I am not sure just how many there were Trojan.Vundo adminstration privilages/control panel gone but i suspect a few I have not been able to access the control panel as it seems to have disappeared And admistration privaleges seemed to have been taken over not allowing me full access to add remove programs and such I went into safe mode ran Spybot S D then did it again after rebooting Then I ran malwarebytes which seemed to have picked up a lot of issues I am certain even with doing all that I may have not fixed the issues I am hoping you can help me with cleaning up this PC and getting back control of it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS g cbvy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS win exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files M crosoft d dplay exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Panasonic LUMIXSimpleViewer PhLeAutoRun exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Documents and Settings bobbie Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file O - BHO no name - F BCB -A B- FA - D -C C - C WINDOWS system ssqpo dll file missing O - BHO no name - ED D -BF - C-A B- C E - C WINDOWS system byxyaaw dll file missing O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F C - FB - FE-BA - E DDE - C Program Files NetZero toolbar dll O - Toolbar Yah... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-vundo-adminstration-privilages-control-panel-gone.1045077/
Relevancy 44.72%

( I am wring in short due to less time,inconvenience regretted )

One customer came to me (tech support ) and said as in the title.

1.Enabled the admin account in user accounts.

2. gave the trouble shooting steps as in the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910

But

Issue is not resolved

Could you suggest me alternate solution?

It is urgent!

A:Admin account issue:unable to install some software and no complete control over PC?

bspkumar said:

( I am wring in short due to less time,inconvenience regretted )

One customer came to me (tech support ) and said as in the title.

1.Enabled the admin account in user accounts.

2. gave the trouble shooting steps as in the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910

But

Issue is not resolved

Could you suggest me alternate solution?

It is urgent!Click to expand...

Well, Vista is not my forte, but I do use it, so I'll try.

Please give more information about your customer's setup. I know you are short of time, but difficult to advise without more info. I haven't had any trouble installing s/w.

It shouldn't be necessary ordinarily to go through all that rigmarole in the Microsoft article, just to install software. Is your user logged in as a local administrator (as opposed to a standard user)? - that should suffice. If you can say:

Which edition of Vista is he running?

He must have a local administrator account set up on his machine - I understand that is done by default when installing. Is he using it?

What software is he trying to install?

And what do you mean by "no control over PC"?

Sorry not to be more help without the details. But a local administrator (User Accounts) should be able to install software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-account-issue-unable-to-install-some-software-and-no-complete-control-over-pc.771870/
Relevancy 44.29%

As I am running the x version of XP Pro i often have to find different versions of the programs i use such as itunes Apple don t make a version for my OS but do supply a x version for Vista - but the numpties don t let you install it on the XP x for seemingly no reason So when I want to update itunes i have to get the x version unpack the exe file and edit the msi files using Orca following the methods described here I ve done this before to upgrade itunes and i have had no trouble but when i tried to update to the latest version it decided not to work It gave an error about the Apple Mobile Device Support not being able to be installed on x blah blah blah so i edited the msi for that and it let during installation Ipodservice itunes right) privilages... doesnt start (insuffiant me go through with it but as it got to the end of the installation the starting services section another error came up stating that Ipodservice failed to start Verify that you have sufficient privileges which continues to pop up every time you click cancel on the window until you Ipodservice doesnt start during itunes installation (insuffiant privilages... right) press cancel on the installation window which then rolls back the entire installation of itunes Of course I have sufficient privileges on the computer as I am the administrator After all this i attempted to open up itunes normally and lo behold it doesnt open I cant remember the exact error it gave me as i have now proceeded further I have tried several methods to solve this problem Trying to reinstall again with both the x version and the normal x version which i also had to edit to allow me to install Completely un-installing and re-installing everything related to itunes quicktime etc - using methods described here Everything I have is completely up-to-date now such as quicktime Ive tried system restore twice to no avail - each time i go back it just gives me the same errors I have backed up everything that will allow me to re-instate my itunes library when i get it back up but I m pretty much out of ideas for this problem so any help is appreciated - apart from telling me to switch media players nbsp

A:Ipodservice doesnt start during itunes installation (insuffiant privilages... right)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipodservice-doesnt-start-during-itunes-installation-insuffiant-privilages-right.866735/
Relevancy 43.86%

I've built a VM in Hyper-V to deploy to five PCs but when I go to my Office admin page using IE I'm unable to see the page content As you can see the page has loaded but everything below the black header bar is not showing neither is the tab bar that should run vertically down nbsp the left of the page I thought this was a Hyper-V problem but going back to an earlier point in the build shows it's fine nbsp In fact it's okay up to the point just before running SysPrep nbsp My next Checkpoint is after SysPrep and first OOBE boot taken at the point where the 'Hi there' screen prompts you to confirm regional 365 Unable to after see 'Office SysPrep content page in IE11 Admin Center Preview' settings At this point if instead of completing the OOBE set-up I Unable to see 'Office 365 Admin Center Preview' page content in IE11 after SysPrep press Clt Shift F to enter Audit Mode once more I'm logged on as the built-in Administrator account and the problem's not there If however I do complete the OOBE set-up and log on as my user account admin the problem's there nbsp So something's happening between the start nbsp of SysPrep and first user logon but I don't know what it is or how to fix it I'm not sure that entering Audit Mode again after running SysPrep undoes any or all of the changes specified in my Answer File it's a pretty simple one so I don't know if it proves anything but I've tried nbsp running Sysprep on a basic VM without the nbsp ' unattend' switch nbsp to see if it's the same but SysPrep failed IE seems to work fine apart from this fault but I haven't really used it much yet so it's hard to tell - I discovered this problem purely by chance nbsp I've tried uninstalling reinstalling IE using 'Turn Windows features on or off' nbsp - Uncheck IE - Restart - 'Turn Windows features on or off' nbsp - Check IE - Unable to see 'Office 365 Admin Center Preview' page content in IE11 after SysPrep Restart but this doesn't fix the issue Not sure where to go from here

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85aa0099-fb03-4f69-a3e3-2b4d2d71a606/unable-to-see-office-365-admin-center-preview-page-content-in-ie11-after-sysprep?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 43.86%

I have just install a fresh with format the partition of Win For the begining without do enithing else installing any programe or something else only connect the internet I tried to scan online with bitdefender I E told me when I have tried to scan that administrative scanner is explorer not runing with bitdefender privilages online internet quot I E is not running with administrative privileges quot and the scan didn t start is this ok Then I run ie on run and administrator and it works When I installed win I shouldn t write at username field only at computer name and then I didn t have internet explorer is not runing with administrative privilages bitdefender online scanner a username on this computer or without to write anything in username field the installation didn t continue internet explorer is not runing with administrative privilages bitdefender online scanner Is there any method to doesn t appear at every windows start the button with username at the log on I have another two partitions besides C partition which was formated and installed win on it and on those two partitions D and E are executable files films music etc and I thought one of those files to be infected and infect windows immediately it instaled although win is on another partition is this possible Here is the Hijackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C Windows bdoscandel exeO - Extra Tools menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - d f - f - d - - c a - C Windows bdoscandel exeO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources can oscan cabO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip CBAB A -F - B - FB-B B F NameServer O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C Windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C Windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C Windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C Windows System msdtc exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogon - Unknown owner - C Windows system ls... Read more

A:internet explorer is not runing with administrative privilages bitdefender online scanner

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.AndPlease download Sophos Anti-rootkit & save it to your desktop.alternate download linkNote: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.Be sure to print out and read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual and Release Notes.Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now".Click Yes and allow the driver and its randomly named .tmp file (i.e. F.tmp) to load if asked.If the scan did not start automatically, make sure the following are checked:Running processesWindows RegistryLocal Hard DrivesClick Start scan.Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.logThis should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343024/internet-explorer-is-not-runing-with-administrative-privilages-bitdefender-online-scanner/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi
i'm unable to back up my computer. os IS win 7. Computer is Advent.
I'm signed up to Memeo pro in the past but their software is failing, they said I have to give them the number of files missing ( not backed up) meaning I've to manually count 10k+, and to get back to them.
iN the meantime I tried windows backup, it gives the following message attached.
Any further advise would be appreciated.

A:Unable to back up

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-back-up.1101882/
Relevancy 43.43%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop and I need help getting my Standard user account back to Administrator. I can't run certain programs and I also can't install and uninstall anything. I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restore. I have already tried Safe Mode and I can't enable and built in admin either. Please help me! Thank you!

A:How can I put my Standard user account back to Administrator when the ASP.NET Machine account is admin?

How are you trying to change the type of account?I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restoreDo you mean System Restore? If you are, you don't need the installation disk to do this.To use System Restore click on the start orb. In the search box type in System Restore. In the list of results click on System Restore, if you are prompted for an administrator password type it in.Follow the prompts to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479959/how-can-i-put-my-standard-user-account-back-to-administrator-when-the-aspnet-machine-account-is-admin/