Windows Support Forum

Need to change owner info.

Q: Need to change owner info.

I have old dell 2.6 gig clk. 128 meg ram 80 gig HD and windows XP home edition. I was given this computer this last summer. I want to change the owner stuff in it so I can go to my old e-mail provider and use my old e-mail name and account. I am an beginner on this dig around in the innards stuff. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need to change owner info.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.24%

I purchased my HP from a big computer store with Vista home installed on it It was an out of the box sale I thought I could avoid a wait for the to new by Change owner/administrator held owner references all previous comptuer I wanted The company Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner that sold it to me was listed as the administrator The old owner took off their password before I took possession of the computer I purchased I followed instructions on how to put on a password to start the computer However there are dozens of fiels named after the previous administrator I tried to find out how to change the administrator globally to my name There is still an administrator account name and it appears the previous administrator is still above my permission status - even though i am the computer owner don't think I am the ultimate administrator yet I read that not being able to use screen print was a result of not being the administrator I can't make the screen print work either I assume some members have dealt with these matters before I would greatly appreciate anyone directing me to some good quot how to fix quot information Thank you and boy do I miss XP

A:Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner

Hi gerevent and welcome to the forums

See if you can solve your problems with the aid of the following Tutorial (and the links within).
Dwarf

Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/170721-change-all-references-held-previous-owner-administrator-new-owner.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Haha, I don't know what else to call it, but how do you change the owner where it says C:/User/Owner

Thanks

A:How do I change the owner in C:/user/owner

Hello Nick, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The only way to change the C:\Users\Owner folder name is to create a new administrator account, then delete the old C:\Users\Owner account from within the new account. Be sure to copy the contents that you want to save from the old accounts user folders into the corresponding new account's user folders to restore them to the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

P.S.
Is this you to?
User profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218268-how-do-i-change-owner-c-user-owner.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I purchased a new desktop operating on Windows Vista Now since I do all my computing from home I On Any Computer? Change From Owner's Password Access Computer Can Owner have had little need of my very basic laptop The laptop is a panasonic toughbook pc that is still operating on windows I purchased it Feb I lent it to Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer? someone that has been a friend for about and a half years I lent it to friend because friend stressed the need of a computer NOW but offered to purchase it in increments LATER when financial situations could afford it Friend kept contact more frequently than usual to learn all of my laptop s operations After awhile friend s cell phone number changed and a variety of people are consistently saying that friend is never there at friend s known residence Finally some young child at friend s residence maybe a cousin or nephew told me that friend has moved Now I have no contact with friend Friend seems to have run off with my laptop for FREE and won t respond to e-mails I ve never had this much trouble contacting friend WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS Is there any way that I can CHANGE MY ACCESS PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP FROM MY DESKTOP to better the chances of getting in contact with friend I have all the information on the laptop from the company that I purchased it from can obtain any information that I don t have from the company that has my information on laptop purchase and I created the original access password myself so I know what it is but I also gave it to friend Is there ANY WAY possible that an access password can be changed in this way I will even go as far as to purchase software for this purpose if it can t be done any other way Is there any software that can assist me I would rather try this way first before I consider pressing charges PLEASE HELP

A:Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer?

What you seek is prohibited on BleepingComputer. We do not assist is cracking, hackig, or otherwise circumventing security measures on any computer.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.Source= RulesDo to the nature of the topic this Topic is Closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108730/can-owner-change-access-password-on-owners-computer-from-any-computer/
Relevancy 61.92%

I bought a used How - Laptop info I for Used rid get Bought previous can of owner Dell Inspiron Laptop has Windows XP Home which I upgraded to Pro and MS Bought Used Laptop - How can I get rid of info for previous owner Office on it and not much more I have full versions of this software so don t care what happens to them but I do not have any of the disks from Dell that would have come with the laptop and I don t seem to have a partition on the hard drive that contains that info either Never had a laptop before what would you suggest I do My desire Bought Used Laptop - How can I get rid of info for previous owner is to get rid of the name of the other guy on my computer - Bought Used Laptop - How can I get rid of info for previous owner he is listed as the primary user of the computer all the software is registered in his name including Windows I don t really want to re-format the hard drive as I think that would cause more problems since I don t have the install disks from Dell Should I have just installed Windows XP PRO over the top of XP Home instead of upgrading nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi. I have a window 7 computer that shows my husband as the owner when I sign into the computer. I would like to be the owner as the computer belongs to me. My husband has no objection as he has his own computer.

Can this easily be done? If yes, can someone let me know how to do this.

Help, as usual, is appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Change Owner

Hello Carole,

You can use the method in the tutorial below to change the registered owner of the PC.

Registered Owner and Organization

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351716-change-owner.html
Relevancy 58.91%

got comp. from cousin with his name in it want to change it anybody know how to do this be much help thanx Dave

A:Change Owner Name

try this sitechange owner name

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136131/change-owner-name/
Relevancy 58.91%

i cant change the owner of c: drive because it says i dont have permissions i need ....
HELP!!

A:cant change owner

Have you tried this?? Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/61309-cant-change-owner.html
Relevancy 58.05%

When the OS was installed on my new solid state drive the user name Owner How to name user change Owner? was used I would like to create two user accounts and make them How to change user name Owner? both Administrators I went to Control Panel and clicked on User Accounts Then I clicked on Change your account name and I typed a user name above where it said This name will appear on the Welcome screen and Start menu then I clicked Change Name Next I clicked Change account type and selected Administrator Next I clicked on Change How to change user name Owner? your picture browsed to find a picture and inserted one Then I clicked on Manage another account and selected Create a new account and I created a new account When I rebooted it said Welcome to Windows Professional and displayed the icons for both users and when I selected one I arrived on my Desktop Everything seemed to work perfectly until Iuntil I went to C Users and did not find the name of my new How to change user name Owner? user account instead Owner was there I ight clicked on Owner and looked for the Rename facility it was not there I scroll down and clicked on Properties on the General tab I was unable to change the name Owner on the tab for Sharing it said Owner shared then I clicked on the Security tab and It said Object Name C Owner There was a heading Group or User Names under it were items Oneitem combined the new user name with system name owner Since the name Owner was changed using the Change name facility in User Accounts why does this item appear here I can rename most folders by right clicking on the folder name and selecting Rename Why isn't Rename available with in C Users Owner How do I change the user name Owner KCav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594941/how-to-change-user-name-owner/
Relevancy 58.05%

I purchased a solid state drive, had Windows 7 Professional installed on it, and had the drive installed in a laptop computer; love the performance of my refurbished laptop , except on the System drive in the Users account the name Owner appears. Where did this come from?

When I go to User Accounts in the Control Panel and click on Manage Accounts, Owner does not appear. Why?

KCav

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385157-how-change-user-name-owner.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am helping a friend clean up her PC. It is a WinXPsp2 Home edition, Pentium 4, 1.50Ghz, with 512Mb memory of which 384 Mb is available (the rest is shared for video).

When she bought the PC her then husband registered it to his name.

She now wants to remove the name of her ex-husband from the PC. I think that I have seen a way that the name of the Registered owner (as it appears when you right click on My Computer and select properties) can be changed but can't remember how it was done.

I've had a search in the registry for her ex-husband's name and it occurs numerous time in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive; I stopped looking at that point.

I'm comfortable with making registry changes if that is required.

Your help will be much appreciated.

A:How do I change the Computer Owner name

Direct from the MS site.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
4. To change the company name, do the following:

In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOrganization. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.
5. To change the name of the registered owner, do the following:

In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.
6. Click Exit on the File menu to quit Registry Editor.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251518/how-do-i-change-the-computer-owner-name/
Relevancy 58.05%

I purchased a solid state drive, had Windows 7 Professional installed on it, and had the drive installed in a laptop computer; love the performance of my refurbished laptop , except on the System drive in the Users account the name Owner appears. Where did this come from?

When I go to User Accounts in the Control Panel and click on Manage Accounts, Owner does not appear. Why?

KCav

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385157-how-change-user-name-owner.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently purchased a Dell desktop for my son. I was able to change him to system administrator in the log-on area, but the previous owner's name is still in the registration properties, as well as in the info such as "c:\Documents and Settings\Previous Owner\My Documents\My Music". How is this information changed? I have a legal copy of an XP Pro upgrade. Would that allow the change to be made (and would I lose any data currently on the machine)? I would prefer to just change something in the registry, or whatever it takes. Please help!!!

A:How do I change owner information in XP?

Heres the way its done, but be careful you have to change the registry.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310441

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-owner-information-in-xp.238280/
Relevancy 57.62%

Okay so the title of the thread is a bit misleading, because I was able to get in and change who my computer is registered to... However, When I go to save or open something on the desktop it still says C:\Documents and Settings\(the name that I used to have the computer registered to)\Desktop\ etc etc... in the navigation bar, How do I get the computer to change that?

Thanks in advance

By the way im operating in windows xp.

A:Change Computers Registered Owner

You could create a new user account for yourself in the Control Panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-computers-registered-owner.702532/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a dell desktop system running window xp have successfully changed the registered owner in the reg however my file extensions still show the old registered owners name how to I change this.
'Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas

A:change owner name in file extensions

There is a number of places in the Registry showing Registered Owner entries - for example, each constituent part of MS Office will have a separate entry. How can you see an owner in filename extensions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-owner-name-in-file-extensions.885216/
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently sold my Gateway laptop and the Windows 8 software was already installed with purchase. I want to remove my info and myself as the primary user in windows 8 so the new owner can set themselves up. I tried on my own to figure out and was only able to set up a separate "User" for the new owner until we can resolve.

A:How do I change Primary Account/Owner

Just make sure the new owner/login has administrative rights, have the new owner login and delete your old account. Are even better...most new laptops come with an option to restore to factory defaults. That's what I would do if it was an option.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42895-how-do-i-change-primary-account-owner.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm using SQLServer 6.5 and need to change a table object owner to another owner. Not sure if or how it can be done. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

A:SQLServer 6.5 Change Object Owner

Moved to see if you get a better response in this forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sqlserver-6-5-change-object-owner.57307/
Relevancy 57.62%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x64 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3454 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 182927 MB, Free - 128178 MB; D: Total - 7852 MB, Free - 896 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Hematite-XL
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I am the Administrator of my PC. My husband is a general user. I try to go into Photo Gallery to open pictures to attach to emails and the message I get is: "Photo Gallery can't open the photo because you do not have permission to access file location."

I tried to change the owner of the file but it won't change. I can't access any of my photos which are in a Kodak file because I downloaded them from my camera.

Please help!
TIA

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm running -bit Windows key owner not registry of change can permissions... but Administrator Pro on an Asus P Q-EM MB with an Intel E processor with GB of PC - Ram I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately I've got several different error types in Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... my event log The only one showing to be quot critical quot is the Kernal Power one that simply says it has recovered from an Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... unexpected shutdown I decided to just start eliminating he errors one by one to see if I could find resolve Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... the cause The one I started with was several DistributedCom quot The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID xx quot I found the CLSID in the registry and noted that the owner was TrustedInstaller I changed it to the Admin user checked the include child subfolder inheritance etc boxes and hit apply It gave me an error saying that it could not save the changes but I noted that it had in fact changed the owner After getting out of permissions and then re-entering I attempted to change the Admin user owner's permission to Full Control It will not change It gives me an error saying that it cannot save the changes I've always been able to solve registry access issues in the past simply by taking ownership Why not this time Anybody know why a registry key owner would not be able to make permission changes Thanks in advance Howard Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User P Q-EM wooda Computer P Q-EM Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID C F A - F - FA-B BB- A F and APPID CDED -E AE- B - - D DCC to the user P Q-EM wooda SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Microsoft Windows FeatureOnDemand InsiderHub neutral neutral cw n h txyewy SID S- - - - - - - - - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt P Q-EM lt Computer gt

A:Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

Microsoft did that to protect the OS from the end user. Windows 10 was built on security to make sure that the end user is protected by their own bad habits.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54458-administrator-can-change-owner-registry-key-but-not-permissions.html
Relevancy 57.19%

As you can see the name there is quot SONYUHSHIDAE quot but there is a Mr RK there I want to get rid of computer? do my owner/user How of edit/change the the I of name that but I don t know how to edit it When you go to my user accounts My user name is quot SONE PC How do I edit/change the name of the owner/user of my computer? quot and not even quot Mr RK quot And all the folders under quot SONE PC quot is on the folder Mr RK on this path C Users Mr RK And in this picture you can see my computer name is quot SoNyuhShiDae quot and it doesn t have quot Mr RK quot on it but quot Mr RK quot is still present on How do I edit/change the name of the owner/user of my computer? the user profiles whatever And all the files has the owner named with my computer name and quot Mr RK quot is again included I want to get rid of that quot Mr RK quot Please help me My user account is the only account on this computer so I am also the administrator nbsp

A:How do I edit/change the name of the owner/user of my computer?

http://www.petri.co.il/change_registered_user_and_company_vista_xp.htm

BUT BE CAREFUL AND BACK UP REGISTRY FIRST re boot after set a system restore point before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-edit-change-the-name-of-the-owner-user-of-my-computer.936416/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm running -bit Windows Pro on an Asus P Q-EM MB with an Intel E but can permissions... key registry change of Administrator not owner processor with GB of PC - Ram I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately I've got several different error types in my event log The only one showing to be quot critical quot is the Kernal Power one that simply says it has recovered from an unexpected shutdown I decided to just start eliminating he errors one by one to see if I could find resolve the cause The one I started with was several DistributedCom quot The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID xx quot I found the CLSID in the registry and noted that the owner was TrustedInstaller I changed Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... it to the Admin user checked the include child subfolder inheritance etc boxes and hit apply It gave me an error saying that it could not save the changes but I noted that it had in fact changed the owner After getting out of permissions and then re-entering I attempted to change the Admin user owner's permission to Full Control It will not change It gives me an error saying that it cannot save the changes I've always been able to solve registry access issues in the past simply by taking ownership Why not this time Anybody know why a registry key owner would not be able to make permission changes Thanks in advance Howard Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions... Classic User P Q-EM wooda Computer P Q-EM Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID C F A - F - FA-B BB- A F and APPID CDED -E AE- B - - D DCC to the user P Q-EM wooda SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Microsoft Windows FeatureOnDemand InsiderHub neutral neutral cw n h txyewy SID S- - - - - - - - - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt P Q-EM lt Computer gt

A:Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

Microsoft did that to protect the OS from the end user. Windows 10 was built on security to make sure that the end user is protected by their own bad habits.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54458-administrator-can-change-owner-registry-key-but-not-permissions.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I am from Australia and have just joined this group I have just bought a Toshiba Satellite P Ghz mb gb HD XP Home It used to belong to an American professional photographer and change in purchased name laptop registry Second hand , owner was then sold as part of a package of professional camera lense and Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry laptop It was used for taking Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry photos of Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry kids sports where the photographer showed photos to parents on the laptop so they could order which ones they liked The guy that bought it from him already had a laptop so he sold it on eBay to me The transaction detail and eBay item number are below After getting it home I found that the thing was still full of kids photos so I have cleaned them out we have some tough laws on having photos of children and unauthorised photo taking of minors here I think they are fine The original American owner s name is still on the laptop can I change it in the registry to mine and if I do what will happen to the software that is already installed and registered in his name Thanking you in anticipation hotouch hotbounce Purchased From ric Item Number Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal Toshiba Satellite P Ghz mb gig HD XP Home AUD Postage amp Packing via Registered to XX includes any seller packing fees AUD Postage Insurance included -- Total AUD nbsp

A:Second hand laptop purchased , change owner name in registry

Click on Start/Run, type in regedit and click OK.
Click on My Computer , in the top left, so that it becomes highlighted (blue).
Click on Edit/Find, type in RegOwner and click on Find next
When found, doubleclick on the RegOwner key and change the name to yours.
Above it you will find RegCompany. Change that to your company or e.g. At Home.
Press F3 for the next occurrence, change it, press F3 etc. until the end.

Repeat this for RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization.

Do NOT change any other name-occurrences, as that may invalidate UserID/Password for other programs. Enjoy what's on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-hand-laptop-purchased-change-owner-name-in-registry.37637/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had a problem with the Joe Hill virus last year. I just went into properties of my computer and Joe Hill is listed as the registered to: person. I also can't find out what name is my admistrator. I can't get into documents and settings.

A:Solved: Joe Hill is the registered owner of my computer how do I change it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-joe-hill-is-the-registered-owner-of-my-computer-how-do-i-change-it.752399/
Relevancy 55.9%

My motherboard fried possibly because of the fan stopping and I had to get a new one-that motherboard owner's after data change-WindowsXP Pro Unable to access s where the problems began First there was a problem with the administrator password which nobody using the computer put in but my friend got around that and then blue screen and not possible to access the computer which was owner s password protected The message is quot access denied quot My friend made an image of the drive and then tried to reinstall windows do the recovery console but it s not possible The way it is now is that there is user account with the same name that it was owner s name but there is nothing there which was password protected The hard drive had GB of which I ve used about GB and I had Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro about and some GB left but now it shows that Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro there is about GB used and about GB free but only about GB is accessible How can I access my harddrive when it denies the user s password which worked fine before the crash and motherboard change I believe that my friend said that there is too many hardware changes and windows doesn t recognize it Any ideas will be appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

Boot with your xp cd [cd set as first boot device in the bios] Choose install from the first menu. The next menu will show any previous xp installs and give you the option to repair the install. Choose your original xp install and let it repair for you.

After a repair install you will need to reinstall all updates, service pack 2, etc.

BTW you cannot just change a mb and expect the system to boot. Sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. If proprietary chipset / mb drivers were installed, it will not boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-owners-data-after-motherboard-change-windowsxp-pro.266125/
Relevancy 55.9%

My motherboard fried possibly because of the fan stopping and I had to get a new one-that s where the problems began First there was a problem with the administrator password which nobody using the computer after to change-WindowsXP data Unable Pro access owner's motherboard put in but my friend got around that and then blue screen and not possible to access the computer which was Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro owner s password protected The message is quot access denied quot My friend made an image of Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro the drive and then tried to reinstall windows do the recovery console but it s not possible The way it is now is that there is user account with the Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro same name that it was owner s name but there is nothing there which was password protected The hard drive had GB of which I ve used about GB and I had about and some GB left but now it shows that there is about GB used and about GB free but only about GB is accessible How can I access my harddrive when it denies the user s password which worked fine before the crash and motherboard change I believe that my friend said that there is too many hardware changes and windows doesn t recognize it Any ideas will be appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Unable to access owner's data after motherboard change-WindowsXP Pro

Boot with your xp cd [cd set as first boot device in the bios] Choose install from the first menu. The next menu will show any previous xp installs and give you the option to repair the install. Choose your original xp install and let it repair for you.

After a repair install you will need to reinstall all updates, service pack 2, etc.

BTW you cannot just change a mb and expect the system to boot. Sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. If proprietary chipset / mb drivers were installed, it will not boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-owners-data-after-motherboard-change-windowsxp-pro.266125/
Relevancy 53.32%

This picture shows how my name has been changed in User Accounts and in regedit, as displayed by running winver, but yet all my files are still found at C:\Users\Owner.
When I go to C:\Users, the Owner folder is locked and cannot be renamed even though my account type is administrator, as seen here.
How do I really change the name from Owner to a name of my choosing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-owner-name-in-regedit-user-accounts-but-files-are-still-at-c-users-owner.1064404/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought an Acer AX3810 with Vista 7 Home Premium 64 bit from the widow of my neighbor. I had transferred all his personal files and copied all the photographs to an external hard drive for her then deleted all the files using "Eraser". I cannot seem to be able to delete the previous owner as administrator. His file has a little padlock symbol on it. I changed his name to mine in the "Manage user accounts" but no matter, it is still "him" that is logged on. I created a new account in my name and then changed the status from standard to administrator but he is still "there". I feel like I am being haunted. Any ideas?

A:New owner but cannot remove previous owner as administrator

You could do a clean install: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321987-new-owner-but-cannot-remove-previous-owner-administrator.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way we can control (or modify)the "change owner to" drop box list in windows for a particular resource (for example say a file) using a vbscript or batch script.

the reason i am asking this is because for usbstor.inf file , i have given ownership access to domain admin group via batch script, but since administrator and my id are appearing in the "change owner to" drop box, i am again able to regain ownership back and then modify the permissions for the usbstor.inf file. I have tried using subinacl for denying the take ownership permission for the administrator group and my id , but even then i am able to take ownership back.
any help to resolve this issue is reallyr really appreciated

A:we can control (or modify)the "change owner to" drop box list in windows

Hi, this room is for introductions only, a moderator will move it to the correct area.
Feel free to introduce yourself here after it is moved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/we-can-control-or-modify-the-change-owner-to-drop-box-list-in-windows.722079/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way we can control (or modify)the "change owner to" drop box list in windows for a particular resource (for example say a file) using a vbscript or batch script.

the reason i am asking this is because for usbstor.inf file , i have given ownership access to domain admin group via batch script, but since administrator and my id are appearing in the "change owner to" drop box, i am again able to regain ownership back and then modify the permissions for the usbstor.inf file. I have tried using subinacl for denying the take ownership permission for the administrator group and my id , but even then i am able to take ownership back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/controlling-the-change-owner-to-drop-box-list-in-windows-using-vb-batch-script-260223.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/controlling-change-owner-to-drop-box-list-in-windows-using-vbscript-or-batch-script.722081/
Relevancy 49.45%

Sigh...really lame question.

Anyone know how to change oeminfo in xp. or have any software that can do it?

A:change Oem info in XP?

If you're talking about changing information in the registry thenthis is a good site to visit. http://www.winguides.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-oem-info-in-xp.344513/
Relevancy 49.02%

Will I run into any problem if I change the Registered Owner (and Registered Company) for my system? (to fix a typo!)

The method is described here:
Registered Owner and Organization - Vista Forums

I did see that some Registry installer sections for non-MS products have picked up the current Registered Owner, so will contact those companies separately.

A:Q: Ok to change "Registered owner"?

Nothing will happen, expect that you own all the files and can edit them now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/94663-q-ok-change-registered-owner.html
Relevancy 49.02%

In order to get rid of the *.zip folder view in WinExplorer on a64bit WIn7 system I tried to delete (according to some tutorials) the Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{E88DCCE0-B7B3-11d1-A9F0-00AA0060FA31}

Unfortuantely this is NOT possible immediately.
When I try to delete it then I got a popup

Cannot delete.... Error while delting key.

Ok, so I tried to get ownership of this key by right clicking-->Permissions
then selecting "Users" and enabling "Full control" the "apply" button but I got here:

Unable to save permission changes on ....
Access denied"

Why?

This last error comes for all Owners: SYSTEM, Administrators, trusted Installers.

I have Admin rights. So what more do I need to get ownership?

Even worse: Every change in owner is rejected as well.

Peter

A:Cannot delete certain Registry Key; Cannot change Owner of Registry Ke

Hello Peter,

Are you logged in as an administrator?

In addition, you might see if the tutorial below may help with this.

Zip Folders - Enable or Disable Windows Explorer View

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208758-cannot-delete-certain-registry-key-cannot-change-owner-registry-ke.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I haveAsus S CA upgraded from windows to windows With same windows I had diskpart was showing HDD info as below on May as follows Copyright C - Microsoft Corporation On computer LVGASUS Disk is now the selected disk Volume Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume C Windows NTFS Partition GB Healthy Boot Volume D Data NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume G LVGEFI FAT Partition MB Healthy Volume E Audio NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume F PhotosVideo NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume SYSTEM FAT Partition MB Healthy System Volume Recovery NTFS Partition MB Healthy Hidden Volume NTFS Partition MB Healthy Hidden Volume Restore NTFS Partition GB diskpart Change info in Healthy Hidden Volume R RAMDISK FAT Partition MB Healthy Partition Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition System Change in diskpart info MB KB Partition Recovery MB MB Partition Reserved MB MB Partition Primary GB MB Partition Recovery MB GB Partition Primary GB GB Partition Primary MB GB Partition Primary GB GB Partition Primary GB GB Partition Unknown GB GB Partition Unknown MB GB Partition Recovery GB GB But today it shows as below Microsoft DiskPart version Copyright C Change in diskpart info - Microsoft Corporation On computer LVGASUS Disk is now the selected disk Volume Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume C Windows NTFS Partition GB Healthy Boot Volume D Data NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume G LVGEFI FAT Partition MB Healthy Volume E Audio NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume F PhotosVideo NTFS Change in diskpart info Partition GB Healthy Volume SYSTEM FAT Partition MB Healthy System Volume R RAMDISK FAT Partition MB Healthy Partition Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition System MB KB Partition OEM MB MB Partition Reserved MB MB Partition Primary GB MB Partition OEM MB GB Partition Primary GB GB Partition Primary MB GB Partition Primary GB GB Partition Primary GB GB Partition Unknown GB GB Partition Unknown MB GB Partition OEM GB GB volume does not show recovery and restore volumes partition shows recovery and restore as OEM Further reagentc info and reagentc enable shows Reagentc exe operation failed Reagentc exe An error has occurred My machine is reserved for windows Does this has anything to do with above changes Why this happens I want to clean install windows before upgrading to windows so that all junk is removed Am I doing right How should I go about

A:Change in diskpart info

Your recovery partitions have had their GPT attributes modified. Nothing to worry about.

If it bothers you, remove the "required" attribute from the partitions.

No attribute : 0x0000000000000000
"Required" aka "OEM" : 0x0000000000000001
No drive letter : 0x8000000000000000
Hidden : 0x4000000000000000
Shadow Copy : 0x2000000000000000
Read Only : 0x1000000000000000
You assign them in diskpart like this:

[CODE[
sel dis 0
sel par 2
gpt attributes=0xD000000000000000
sel par 12
gpt attributes=0xD000000000000000
exit
[/CODE[

That will remove the OEM attribute, and apply hidden, no drive letter, and readonly.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68570-change-diskpart-info.html
Relevancy 48.59%

A friend just purchased a 2nd hand PC and want to change the user name set by previous owner. OS is XP Home. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:change computer user info?

start/control panel/user accounts
and u ll find 3 options :
change an account
create a new account
change the way the users log on or off

degree of difficulty for this task : 0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-computer-user-info.275204/
Relevancy 48.59%

I know this has been discussed before so please forgive me if I am naive I am pretty computer literate but a I have just joined this group and b I have only just progressed to Vista I have a problem and it's bugging me to the point info User Account Change of turning me neurotic I bought my Vista laptop from quot Comet quot and I have no idea how to delete all of their information from my computer Whatever Change User Account info I do the folder Change User Account info C Users Comet appears everywhere - hundreds of times in the registry I cannot delete it from User Accounts because for some reason it doesn't appear there at all - just my own admin account It will not allow me to rename it that would just screw up the system anyway I expect I want to remove all references to COMET But how What if I took it back to the shop But would my data be and settings preserved

A:Change User Account info

Hello Graham, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You cannot rename the C:\Users\Comet folder. Changing the name only changes how the name that appears in the Start menu, then both names are attached to that user account.

To change this completely, you will need to create a new administrator account. Afterwards, copy the contents of your C:\Users\Comet folders into the corresponding new account's C:\Users\(user-name) folders to keep your settings. If everthing checks out ok, then you can delete the old account from within your new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232454-change-user-account-info.html
Relevancy 48.59%

In most of my applications, it can bring up the name of my computer, I just installed MS Publisher and it brings up my company name which is great but the word "Mountain" is abbreviated and I want it to read Mountain. I go in to control panel, system and it shows it there as being Mtn...is there any way to change that?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have made a bootable ISO file for XP with other applications for myself.

However is there any way I can edit the registered user information somewhere in the ISO before the software is burned to DVD and ran on pc.

I know that you can run regedit when the software has been loaded and edit the MicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentversionRegistered user.

I need to know if it is possible to change at ISO stage.

Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25191/how-do-change-registered-user-info-for-xp-on-a-iso-file/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,

I got some spyware or something that made my homepage be:

at first:
http://www.windowws.cc/hp.htm?id=191
and then it redirects immediately to:
http://296f8.ilxt.info/index.php?aid=191

If I try to change it, it just changes back to that when i close and re-open IE

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Nick

A:296f8.ilxt.info as IE homepage! cannot change it!

Here's my HijackThis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 7:18:04 PM, on 9/17/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wpabaln.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Desktop\spyboy\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.windowws.cc/hp.htm?id=191
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "http://www.google.com/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\2gysch9g.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {467FAEB2-5F5B-4c81-BAE0-2A4752CA7F4E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\7R5PRZ~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: ckty096pj0p.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/296f8-ilxt-info-as-ie-homepage-cannot-change-it.275243/
Relevancy 48.16%

How do you change the info and pictures on the system properties, gernal tab.

A:How to change info on System Properties General Tab

Not sure about your OS but it should be related to 2 files. Oeminfo.ini and Oemlogo.bmp... This link will help -

http://www.aumha.org/a/oemdata.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-info-on-system-properties-general-tab.96150/
Relevancy 48.16%

I would really like to remove the name and details of the person who built my computer, from the My Computer Properties page. It's no longer relevant; but I can't see how to do it. Anyone know?

A:My computer properties oemlogo and info change

I apologise if I have used the wrong forum for this. I should perhaps take it to the software and hardware forum.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-properties-oemlogo-and-info-change.764627/
Relevancy 48.16%

I wonder if anyone can help me as I have tried to look for the answer to this problem in many places but the answer eludes me I have physical hard disks on my PC Pentium III - I started off with Hard disk GB where I installed Windows SE Subsequently I installed WinXP on a info change to boot hard another to How disk? new hard disk I bought GB Now whenever I boot up the system startup gives me a choice to start up How to change boot info to another hard disk? either WinXP Professional or Win Now the problem is I found out that the boot information seemed to have been stored in my first hard disk the one with Win SE I would rather have this on my nd hard How to change boot info to another hard disk? disk the one with WinXP as I presume that if I eventually reformat my HDD then I may not be able to start up my WinXP anymore as the boot info for the whole PC is in HDD I have tried using BIOS setting to turn off the HDD and the result is that I cannot boot my PC at all Someone has told me I need to have a files in my HDD namely - Boot ini - Ntdetect com - NTLDR I ve done so but still I cannot find a way to move the boot instructions Can any of you experts give me a hand Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I recently installed XP on my dell inspiron 8200, and I want to download the XP drivers for the video card,

but when i go to START, RUN, and look at DXDIAG (direct x diagnostic tool) to see what my video card is, everything is blank, except "current display mode", which says 1600 x 1200 (16 bit) (1Hz)

The refresh rate is very low also for some reason (1Hz), how do I change it back to a normal 60Hz???

There are 3 video cards for xp drivers on the dell website for inspiron 8200, and i dont know which one is on my machine.

PLEASE HELP!

thanks

A:video card info / change refresh rate

http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/notebooks/0,39023985,10001978,00.htm
This says you have an ati graphics card. Read the info and the try the drivers for that card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-info-change-refresh-rate.243339/
Relevancy 47.3%

Sorry I try to explain what happen with my computer I notice this system was build for me and original XP pro was installed and now my oemlogo and oeminfo has change something irregular happening I included picture and HJT with it please somebody could helpme with this thanks oemlogo change computer properties and Solved: info My Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Solved: My computer properties oemlogo and info change PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Maxtor Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Soft Ever looknstop looknstop exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C windows SSMS EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files Common Files Maxtor Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Desktop Sidebar dsidebar exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBWebConnector QBWebConnector exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO Idea SidebarBrowserMonitor Class - AD C- CE - -B -B AD A - C Program Files Desktop Sidebar sbhelp dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run ... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

I had a video issue today and while looking at the Intel MB site, noticed my BIOS was out of date. I downloaded the Express (exe) file and tried to update my BIOS from 0123 to 0133, one year date apart. Problem is, Intel BIOS update program shows successful... but when I view sys info it still reports old version. Yes, rebooted to BIOS and same-o, same-o. It lies to me.

Question: Do I have to break my RAID mirror to do a BIOS update? That's the only thing I can think of that might be the issue.

A:Intel BIOS update shows successful, but sys info reports no change

Is there an actual reason you want to update the BIOS. If your BIOS is working without any problems just leave it alone. You can completely brick your motherboard by messing around with the BIOS. Just because a later version maybe available doesn't mean you should update it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362562-intel-bios-update-shows-successful-but-sys-info-reports-no-change.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi. I'm new here and didn't find an answer for my question by doing a search. SO here's my question:

How do I remore / change previous "Design Template" info from my PowerPoint Presentation? I have to re-use PowerPoint 2002 presentations from various sources on my job. The reformated presentations still contain the original "design template" info which can be seen as uneditable content on the File / Properties / Summary tab and the Content tab. It is also seen at the bottom of the PowerPoint workspace in the Status area. The point is, I need to change that info to a generic template name, for client confidentiality, and other reasons. The MS forums did not have an answer that I can find. Thanks in advance for your help!

A:How do I remore / change previous "design Template" info from my PowerPoint Pres?

How to Modify PowerPoint Template Information

PowerPoint presentations reference the design template used to style a presentation. This is found on the Summary and Contents tabs on the Properties dialog box, as well as at the bottom of the PowerPoint workspace in the Status area. To delete the Template metadata information from an existing presentation, follow these steps:

1. Open the presentation.
2. On the View menu, move mouse to Master, on the fly-out menu click Slide Master.
3. In Slide Master View, on the Edit menu, click Rename Master.
4. Type in desired slide master name, ie, My Special Template or a generic Design Template.
5. Save and close the PowerPoint presentation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remore-change-previous-design-template-info-from-my-powerpoint-pres.296673/
Relevancy 41.28%

Lets say I buy a second hand laptop from someone... now the XP software is licensed in someone else's name.. plus in say MS Word, in the Document Properties, someone else's name pops up (i.e. the original owner's name)... etc..

How can I change this?? or atleast the company information in the "licenced to" info.. ??

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.99%

Now I know that this topic has been posted recently as well but I haven't been able to clear it myself unfortunately popup ( on Sd-Steam.info redirected startup to ) zodiac-game.info When I launch Win Chrome boots with a website sd-steam info that directs me to zodiac-game info I've looked through my reg files and found on Run gt there is a file under my user name stating ''explorer exe st-steam info'' Deleting this helps but temporarily as it always comes back shortly after it seems to come back when a black cmd screen pops up for a slight second Restoring my pc to a point prior to the downloads didn't seem to help either I've a few pirated games on this pc but nothing too recent I hope it won't cause an issue that the reg file under Run has been deleted in hopes of repair FRST DATA Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Antea administrator on ANTEA-PC - - Running from C Users Antea Downloads Loaded Profiles Antea Available Profiles Antea Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is Sd-Steam.info popup on startup ( redirected to zodiac-game.info ) included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet Wacom WTabletServicePro exe AVAST Software C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Creative Technology Ltd C Windows SysWOW CtHdaSvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Intel Corporation C Windows System IPROSetMonitor exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamService exe Qualcomm Atheros C Program Files Qualcomm Atheros Network Manager KillerService exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer Chroma SDK bin RzSDKService exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Valve Corporation B Games Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Wireless -Mode Oscar Editor OscarEditor exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System StikyNot exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Deskjet series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudDrive exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudPhotos exe A-Volute C ProgramData Razer Synapse Devices Razer Surround Driver RzSurroundVADStreamingService exe Hammer amp Chisel Inc C Users Antea AppData Local Discord app- Discord exe Nota Inc C Program Files x Gyazo GyStation exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Popcorn Time C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe C Program Files Qualcomm Atheros Network Manager NetworkManager exe Curse Inc C Users Antea AppData Roaming Curse Client Bin Curse exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster Recon Di Sound Blaster Recon Di Control Panel SBRcni exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon ex... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624476/sd-steaminfo-popup-on-startup-redirected-to-zodiac-gameinfo/
Relevancy 39.99%

i know people this topic has been recently posted alot and i am having the same issue using windows 10 i am being redirected to zodiac game info on every boot cycle. I have used everything mbam ,adwcleaner, rogue killer everything ..saw through my reg files got a registry under my username "explorer.exe st-steam.info" deleted this still its coming back please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624664/another-sd-steaminfo-popup-on-startup-redirected-to-zodiac-gameinfo/
Relevancy 39.99%

On Windows startup Firefox my default browser opens and loads up this ad site I've run malwarebytes to no avail but I did find the registry location of part of the problem attached image Deleting the registry fixes it only temporarily until it is added again I'm not sure what program is creating it or how to fully stop it Any help would be appreciated Also yes I do have some pirated games but these are purely for demo reasons as I always purchase after trying them startup popup (redirects zodiac-game.info) to sd-steam.info on although I did not download any around the time this started happening FRST Data Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Ariel administrator on ARIEL-PC - - Running from D Ariel Downloads Loaded Profiles Ariel Available Profiles Ariel amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Pro Version X sd-steam.info (redirects to zodiac-game.info) popup on startup Language English United States Internet sd-steam.info (redirects to zodiac-game.info) popup on startup Explorer Version Default browser C Program Files Nightly firefox exe -osint -url Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvscpapisvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AsusFanControlService AsusFanControlService exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe Logitech Inc C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software Drivers APOService LogiRegistryService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvContainer nvcontainer exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service nvwirelesscontroller exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Scarlet Crush Productions D Program Files SCP ScpService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Electronic Arts D Program Files x Origin OriginWebHelperService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III EZ Update EzUpdt exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III DIP DIPAwayMode DipAwayMode exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III AISuite exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III Push Notice PushNotifyServer exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NvContainer nvcontainer exe Node js C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NvNode NVIDIA Web Helper exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Logitech Inc C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe Flux Software LLC C Users Ariel AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe Deluge Team C Program Files x Deluge deluge exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III Push Notice PushNoticeMonitor exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III USB Boost U BoostSvr exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Func KB- KB- Core exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite III Push Notice PushNotify PCCtrl exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624241/sd-steaminfo-redirects-to-zodiac-gameinfo-popup-on-startup/
Relevancy 39.99%

Greetings friends Can someone please help us remove this SD-Steam Redirecting Thanks! Help Zodiac-game.info Please, Removal SD-Steam.Info Problem Info problem that's on our computer This is what happens - gt Upon turning on the computer a browser will open up leading to SD-Steam Info or sometimes Zodiac-game info site So far the temporary solution that we were able to come up with was block SD-Steam Info and Zodiac-game info via the host files Because of this even if something tries to open the browser we use Chrome it would only display a blank page and go nowhere Unfortunately whenever we use Malwarebytes to remove it the redirecting problem comes back and gets detected after restarting the pc In other words it somehow still manages to resurrect itself or re-create itself We also tried deleting the entry of SD-Steam Info from the registry via regedit but just like before it keeps coming back everytime the computer's restarted Someone suggested Farbar and from what we've seen that one seemed to work with others who have this similar SD-Steam.Info Zodiac-game.info Removal Help Please, Thanks! Redirecting Problem problem Unfortunately since Farbar is new to us we don't know how to properly use it and we don't want to mess with it Can you please help us use Farbar in order to eliminate this redirecting problem When we looked at the FRST txt file we noticed this - gt HKU S- - - - - - - Run GrandmaPC gt explorer exe hxxp sd-steam info lt ATTENTION while in the Addition txt file we found this - gt HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run f v GrandmaPC t REG SZ d explorer exe hxxp sd-steam info lt ATTENTION both of them definitely look like the problems Thank you very much and we hope to hear from you soon so we can finally get rid of this redirecting problem Here's the FRST txt file that was created earlier the Addition txt file is also attached to this post Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by GrandmaPC administrator on GrandmaPC K - - Running from C Users GrandmaPC Desktop Loaded Profiles GrandmaPC Available Profiles GrandmaPC amp Guest Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvscpapisvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet Pen WTabletServiceCon exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe SafeNet Inc C Program Files x Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Security Runtime sntlsrtsrvr exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe d-io GmbH C Program Files x d-io plugins licensing v ActiveLockServerV exe WIBU-SYSTEMS AG C Program Files x CodeMeter Runtime bin CodeMeter exe Malwarebytes Corporation D Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Native Instruments GmbH C Program Files Common Files Native Instruments Hardware NIHardwareService exe SafeNet Inc C Program Files x Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Keys Server sntlkeyssrvr exe SafeNet Inc C Program Files x Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exe C Program Files x AFLICS AfterFLICS exe PACE Anti-Piracy Inc C Program Files x Common Files PACE Services LicenseServices LDSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files x Common Files Materialise LicenseFiles LicSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Malwarebytes Corporation D Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Mal... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625223/sd-steaminfo-zodiac-gameinfo-removal-help-please-thanks-redirecting-problem/
Relevancy 39.56%

Is this some new kind of malware that everybody is reporting here and how does it even spread ? (I wanna know more about it.)

A:What is it with this sd.steam.info / zodiac-game.info thing recently ?

I started experiencing it today, dno how it happened though. You can read the rest on my post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624666/sdsteaminfo-virus-need-help-fast/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624668/what-is-it-with-this-sdsteaminfo-zodiac-gameinfo-thing-recently/
Relevancy 39.56%

Yesterday I bought a new mother board for my PC my Processor model is AMD Athlon II X3 440 Triple Core Processor, but after changing Mother Board in system information it's showing my Processor as AMD Phenom II 4 B40 four core processor. I don't know why it is showing like this. Is this dangerous for my hardware? I used AM2N68-AM PLUS before and now I changed M5A78L-M LX. Except this every thing else is perfect.

A:Processor info is showing wrongly in system info after changing MB

It's not dangerous, but I believe you can get it to display correctly. All you have to do is open Device Manager, right-click each entry for the CPU and choose Uninstall. When you're finished, reboot and then open Device Manager up when it's done rebooting and check the CPU again. It should be showing up correctly after that, but if not then we'll go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276482-processor-info-showing-wrongly-system-info-after-changing-mb.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Just for reference purposes For those who are interested in viewing the status or tracking of Windows amp Office with respect to builds packages official updates ESD's etc you can visit the following page via the link below I did not post any links from within each section as shown in the table below Visit the site to explore the goods and track the status of the components shown It is updated in real time as needed For more info and downloads http ms-vnext net Link fixed Next possible Windows Insider builds current preview branch is fbl impressive Canary ring OSG ring External ring Detailed flighting information Windows ESD Database Currently ESD files in the database Last checked for x ESDs hour and minutes ago Last checked for x ESDs minutes ago Last updated minutes ago Windows Build Labs Currently labs & Build Office win - info, tracking, 10 Info updates Win downloads, with builds in the database Last checked for updates minutes ago Last updated minutes ago --------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Update Archive Currently updates with files in the archive Total archive size MB Last updated days hours and minutes ago --------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Package Archive Currently packages in the archive Total archive size MB Last updated days hours and minutes ago --------------------------------------------------------------- Office Version Tracker Win 10 & Office Build info, tracking, downloads, win updates - Info Currently versions in the database Last checked for updates minutes ago Last updated minutes ago --------------------------------------------------------------- Office Downloader Currently Office versions in languages and Office versions in languages available Last updated days hours and minutes ago Tim

A:Win 10 & Office Build info, tracking, downloads, win updates - Info

No new build has popped up ever since.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/7505-win-10-office-build-info-tracking-downloads-win-updates-info.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When I start up my computer an IE window opens up with zodiac-game.info URL. I tried deactivating sd-steam.info in the Windows Startup window and deleting it from the registry but after starting up the computer twice it appears again. I've left everything untouched again, both the registry and the Windows Startup process and ran farbar recovery scan tool. I hope you can help me out, thanks.

Addition.txt   53.27KB
  0 downloads

FRST.txt   33.7KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625142/sd-steaminfo-zodiac-gameinfo-opening-on-ie-after-startup/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everyone,

When my system finishes to turn on, google chrome opens itself with all my tabs of my last session and a new one with sd-steam.info web, then it changes the link into zodiac-game.info.

I hope you can help me, Thanks a lot!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624268/pop-ups-when-i-turn-on-my-laptop-sd-steaminfozodiac-gameinfo/
Relevancy 39.56%

This has happened a few times over the last several weeks. But it only happened after I had clicked on a picture from a google images search result though.
The first view times I was redirected to filestore72.info (the word 'download' was in the link but I do not remember it). And last night it happened again. I was redirected to ad.leadbolt.net and url123.info popped up as well. Again, this only happened after I clicked on a picture from a google images search result and it hasn't happened since.
I don't think it downloaded anything but I'm scared that it might have. What should I do?

A:Google search redirected (filestore72.info, url123.info)

Welcome aboard  Which browser is affected?  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt NOTE. Make sure all logs are pasted not attached.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493200/google-search-redirected-filestore72info-url123info/
Relevancy 39.13%

hi this one day i booted up my pc and noticed / on cd-steam.info startup zodiac-game.info that a window of google chrome has popped up the site's address was zodiac-game info ever since i tried many ways i've found on the internet to get rid of this pop up i tried different antiviruses tried removing the startup process and at first it worked but after restart the startup process keeps coming back then i found this site and decided to give it a go the FRST txt is Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by USER administrator on USER-PC - - Running from E Downloads Loaded Profiles USER Available Profiles USER amp Smurf amp Guest Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan cd-steam.info / zodiac-game.info on startup Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgrsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgcsrva exe Enigma Software Group USA LLC C Program Files x Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SH Service exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe AdobeGCClient AGSService exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgidsagenta exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvca exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe C Program Files x Canon IJPLM ijplmsvc exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe Intel Corporation C Windows System IPROSetMonitor exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamService exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgnsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgemca exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamNetworkService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv NvStreamUserAgent exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Valve Corporation E Program Files x Steam Steam exe BitTorrent Inc C Users USER AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe ROCCAT GmbH E Program Files x ROCCAT Isku FX Keyboard IskuFXMonitor exe ROCCAT GmbH Co Ltd E Program Files x ROCCAT Roccat Talk Roccat Talk exe ROCCAT GmbH E Program Files x ROCCAT Kone Pure Mouse KonePureMonitor exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avguix exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Progra... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627032/cd-steaminfo-zodiac-gameinfo-on-startup/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi So I am having this problem too since few days After starting my PC firefox opens with sd-steam info and redirects to zodiac-game info after few seconds I do have few pirated games but nothing changed and I do not installed anything sd-steam.info / popup Another zodiac-game.info recently My observation There is a regedit entry called sd-steam info if I delete it and restart my PC the pop up is gone but randomly the entry keeps comming back at a point There is also a taskeng exe or something like that pop up for a sec it is just black and says nothing but it is gone really fast I think after that the regedit entry is also back I tryed multiple malware removing tools already but there are no hits I know that the internet is full of this right now but I can not find a working solution So my questions are What is this Is this damaging my files and causing more problems or just an advertisement How can I fix it and remove it completely Sorry for not the best Another sd-steam.info / zodiac-game.info popup english Please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624325/another-sd-steaminfo-zodiac-gameinfo-popup/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey
sorry but i really need your help 
i have a problem/virus with my laptop , i have a pop up ( adultyum.info/adultcamera.info//teasermedia.net ) 
and my phone was infected too 
i really dont know what i need to do :/  
pls can you help me  ?

A:probleme with adultyum.info/adultcamera.info//teasermedia.net//pop up

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568023/probleme-with-adultyuminfoadultcamerainfoteasermedianetpop-up/
Relevancy 38.7%

I upgraded my PC from an old Pentium Celeron to an AMD Athlon 64 3200.
When I checked System Info, the processor was correct but it showed 512 mhz at first then went up to 1.00 ghz. The system should read 2.00 ghz as it has in the past.
Does this reflect the actual speed? Why would it be less if this is accurate?
I have SP2 sucessfully installed, shouldn't that take full advantage of my processor?

A:System Info displays wrong info

Hi,

Please only post in one forum at a time. It makes it harder to keep track of responses given and is against the forum rules. If you think you have posted in the wrong forum, please PM a Moderator or Manager and ask that your thread be moved.

This thread will now be closed. See this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ed-151723.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-info-displays-wrong-info-151558.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Guys After not being on the internet ages i m now trying do some research on the net For this purpose i v bought the latest version of Norton AV and have set it automatically update itself I have now just received a warning titled Messenger Service and was wondering if any of u cud help me understand it better The warning says Message from SECURITY MONITOR to WINDOWS USERUSER sic on Important Windows Security Bulletin Buffer Overrun in Messenger Service Allows Remote Code Execution Virus Infection And Unexpected Computer Shutdowns Affected Software Your system is affected download the patch from the address below FIRST TYPE THE ADDRESS BELOW INTO YOUR INTERNET BROWSER THEN CLICK OK THE ADDRESS WILL DISAPPEAR ONCE YOU CLICK OK www updatepatch info My Questions are - Is this a hoax or from a trusted source - If it is a hoax as i presume owing to the strange language used and spelling mistakes what does one call this - Wh cud happen by clicking OK - a info warning from like background Wud on www.updatepatch.info Wud u recommend having a look the www updatepatch info website - How does this get Wud like background info on a warning from www.updatepatch.info on my pc and how can i stop it in future Details I use Windows Pro ServicePack InternetExplorer version IS my provider is AOL british version who state that their software stops pop ups b the window popped up had just installed Yahoo Messenger This is my first time on TechGuy as i only found out about it with a search Updatepatch info I have Wud like background info on a warning from www.updatepatch.info fairly good knowledge of Windows Pcs in general but on the internet i m quite a novice no land line home my laptop nbsp

A:Wud like background info on a warning from www.updatepatch.info

Hi they

Welcome to TSG!

That is bogus. You need to disable Messenger Service:

Click Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> Administrative Tools->Services
Scroll down and highlight "Messenger"
Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties.
Click the STOP button.
Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar
Click OK

Bear in mind that the fact that these messenger popups are getting through indicates that you have a poorly configured firewall. The Messenger service uses UDP ports 135, 137, and 138; TCP ports 135, 139, and 445. These ports are open and vulnerable to hackers and trojans and disabling Messenger Service is only treating the symptoms and not the disease as it were.

See here:

http://www.jmu.edu/computing/security/info/winmsg.shtml#block

and here:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2003/11/11/winxp_hacks.html
I might also add that if you need to upgrade to IE 6 SP1. It is much more secure that IE 5.5.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wud-like-background-info-on-a-warning-from-www-updatepatch-info.323673/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I hope all is well with everyone I have been meaning to join a good computer forum group as I am interested in education and knowledge in respect to computers I am having an issue in my new household that I am not very comfortable with I rented a nice room in ( Advice Security or question / info Info please) a house with other people separate tenants There are two individuals though I do not want to judge or Security info / question ( Advice or Info please) anything but come across in every way sketchy to say the least I get along with them both so to speak the Security info / question ( Advice or Info please) one guy I talk with everyday have coffee with socialize etc Security info / question ( Advice or Info please) the other not so much yet and I have the intuition to say he could be a little schemer if you will Putting that aside history lesson over lol as I do not want that to cloud effect the judgement of advice or help Me along with of the other tenants are connected wireless to the internet these two individuals mentioned above have felt the need to feed Ethernet cables directly from the router through the ventilation system to there rooms I found this to be a little suspicious really no need for it the one guy I talk with everyday and socialize with is a big gamer so I kind of understand his want to be connected to the land line Anyhow never the less this leads me to today's issue I had to bring my computer downstairs to install a nice camera for my cpu I had to connect both my cpu and the camera directly to the router via Ethernet cables The tenant I don't know so well came downstairs while I was doing it he seemed all concerned about it and was eager to ask if I was doing something with or to the router I said no he said well I seen this IP address mine my computers and the new device pop up on the network etc just being all sketchy about it too I know it is difficult to hack or really effect my cpu by just knowing my IP address but the chance is there Particularly if a person has the knowledge I am not paranoid but I am also not naive Plenty of people out there have that knowledge lack the morals character and values that makes that sort of thing fun fulfilling or entertaining for them on whatever level and plethora of things they could be trying to do What bothers me the most is not even that he was actually sitting around in the middle of the day monitoring the network who was on it maybe even what they were doing What really bugs me is the fact that he can see the network like that who is on it what devices are on it or being installed etc That is what concerns me I mean I have seen it all when it comes to people and I know the computer deviants love to mess with peoples cpu internet speeds love the so called control and power they believe they have when doing this type stuff Any thoughts advice or information or possibilities in regards to my situation someone might be up to what they could possibly do etc would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time

A:Security info / question ( Advice or Info please)

Do you have file sharing turned on?  If so, any folders you've marked as shared could be seen by others.  If you haven't done either of these, I'd say don't worry about it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535860/security-info-question-advice-or-info-please/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I for for causing RegistryDefender (cpv.servefeed.info?) Malware address the... Adult is Sites (cpv.servefeed.info pop-ups fake and recently started getting occasional popups using FireFox on websites such as CNN com for a fake RegistryDefender program and also advertisements for adult websites When I try to X out some of these ads a dialog box pops Malware (cpv.servefeed.info?) causing pop-ups for fake RegistryDefender and Adult Sites (cpv.servefeed.info is address for the... up asking if I really want to cancel or not at that point I end the process in task manager rather than risking further infection The website at the bottom of the popup window is cpv servefeed info at first and then changes to something else and brings up the false Registry Defender ad I m not sure if there are different addresses for the adult website ads I ve been reading up about this on yours and other boards and and think I almost definitely have a tricky malware of some kind I have only used FireFox on my computer lately so I m not sure if its simply a FireFox issue I ve run MBAM and Norton Security Suite scans with no results Was thinking about using Norton Power Eraser but I figured that might cause more damage and professional help would be preferable I ve got another CPU in the house connected to the same router I get internet for this computer so I also am wondering if my other PC is at risk of being infected by being connected to the same router Another issue I ve had the past few days is my internet going out on my PC I use a wifi router on my mother board to get internet I thought this might be my mobo overheating breaking as powering down the computer completely and restarting has always fixed the issue Just mentioning it in case it s pertinent Look forward to hearing from you DDS posted below DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Ben at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Disabled Updated FF - D -CE B- ECB-E A A AV Norton Security Suite Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Disabled Updated - EE-C E - B-DC BDD BAB FW Norton Security Suite Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x ASUS WiFi-AP n WiFi-AP n exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows SysWOW rundll... Read more

A:Malware (cpv.servefeed.info?) causing pop-ups for fake RegistryDefender and Adult Sites (cpv.servefeed.info is address for the...

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456691/malware-cpvservefeedinfo-causing-pop-ups-for-fake-registrydefender-and-adult-sites-cpvservefeedinfo-is-address-for-the-ads/
Relevancy 36.98%
Q: Owner

Hi Their People ,
I have a pent 4 with windows xp my computer keeps crashing before it crashes it says.
The 1740 D N TS display driver has stoped working notmanly
Save your work and re boot system to restore fully display functionality ,the computer wont do this but when turned off at power point for several hours it will start up but then crashes as above again I have checked the monitor all ok I also put another vidio card in went ok for a while then crashed again.
What is a pc1 card used for .
This computer has gone through several vidio cards and is only 4 years old
Regards
Angie xxxxx

A:Owner

Sounds like an overheating video card. Make sure that all the computers fans are working.
Check that any cabling is not blocking air flow through the case. Also check that the power supply fan is running.
If the video card does not have fan purchase an add on fan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner.473884/
Relevancy 36.98%
Q: owner

how can i fix windows installer,or get it back?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/owner-457735.html
Relevancy 36.98%

microsoft office porfessional 2003
document imaging printing
it is now locking up the computer at least twice in a process
it locks up when going to either the imaging printing or hp printer
have plenty of hard drive and ram
on a network with high speed dsl
not sure where the problem is
switched everything to lap top and it's ok there for now but desktop is not ok
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner.247608/
Relevancy 36.98%

New owner!!

Well i finally got the Rig i been thinking about!

AMD [email protected]
MSI nForce2 K7N2-Delta
2X256 Kingston [email protected] in dual channal mode
PNY FX-5200 Ultra
XP Home

The thing rocks,,around 8000marks in GLXs
Problem with ethernet,,its really slow,could anyone offer some help?

Thanks all

A:New rig owner!!

i'd put a propper NIC in, ive never been a fan of the onboard ones, for thr sake of the 5 they cost!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-owner.13263/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a desktop PC running Windows 7, the only user is Owner.  Should I change this?

KCav

A:Why use Owner?

If it is yours then it's only a name, you can change it in control panel. If your not the owner you may want to use the guest as the real owner may not want you to have admin, privileges

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548698/why-use-owner/
Relevancy 36.98%

my laptop starts in safemode...can get it off of safemode

A:owner

As posted by
Mark1956

You will need to give more information and fully describe all the symptoms. Just saying your PC is booting into Safe Mode doesn't tell us much.Click to expand...

what have you tried - system restore
make and model of the PC - laptop / desktop
when did this first happen and what where you doing just before hand

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner.1050600/
Relevancy 36.98%

i am useing windows vista home basics. version 6 service pack 2. when i get an email that opens with notepad the message comes in note pad alright but it is all encripted and unreadable. how can i fix.
thanks

Hi bugs461, and welcome to TSG.

Notepad is not an e-mail program that would normally open an e-mail message. It might be used to open certain types of files that are attached to an e-mail message. Are you trying to open attachments to e-mails? A wrong program association in the the email program may be causing the mail software to use Notepad to open a non-text file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner.1055137/
Relevancy 36.98%

Good grief:

It's one of those easy "stupid" questions I have. I once saw a Tech Republic letter that gave a simple method of changing the Microsoft IE identification bar. I changed mine to read "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Geoff Michael Group". I'd like to change it back to the default but didn't write the change down and now can't recall how I made the change.

Thanks for any help someone is able to share.

Geoff

Is this what you're looking for?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176497

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner.229255/
Relevancy 36.98%

when i download a casino site it wont let me play,it says download server not available.it didnt do that before last month

Can you provide a link to this "Downloadable" site?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner.1102739/
Relevancy 36.98%

Where is the owner tab in properties? I have none.

A:owner tab

Please be a little more precise as to your problem. Which owner tab and what properties have you opened? Perhaps a screenshot will help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263225-owner-tab.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm selling a computer and want to remove my name as owner. How do I do It? How do I remove my log in screen and go back to it was before user accounts were set up?

Relevancy 36.98%

I can't seem to get the updates for mcafee security suite. I'm running
windows xp and have done everything it says to do. Everything was
working fine until five days ago. When trying to update I get a message
saying I can't connect to the internet. This is wrong. Another message
I get is something about configuring the activex. I did this and still no
luck. I've tried to contact mcafee support but am unsuccessful.
CAN YOU HELP ME?

Relevancy 36.98%

New laptop - had about a month. When I got the computer I created my user account and named the laptop right after starting up.

I just opened Properties for the C: drive, and in Security ->Permissions for Users ->Advanced, the current owner is listed as TrustedInstaller, not me.

Obviously I can change it to match the username/computer name I created for this system, but.... is this odd?

---------------------
Computer: vostro 1500
Processor: C2D T7500 2.20GHz,
Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32bit
Memory: 2G RAM
HD: 160G HD
File System: NTFS
DVD-+RW
Display: WSXGA+ TrueLife
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

A:I'm not owner of OS (C:) ?

No. Normal. Otherwise malware would have access to every part of your system, including Windows, through your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-not-owner-of-os-c.703577/
Relevancy 36.98%

A program called Sys Protect keeps inserting itself onto my computer. I do a remove program through control panel, but the next time I start my computer, there it is again. What can I do?

Thank you.

Hi Knotknit,
The tech helpers in these forums will probably want to see a HijackThis log in order to be able to help you. Run a scan and post the saved log in this thread. If you do not have HijackThis program, here's a link where you can download it safely:

http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html?tag=lst-0-1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner.490946/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a LAN connected and all sorted out at my house, but i need one thing.

I have the bad habit of leaving Pc's on around the house ( I haven't got all the programs sorted out) and i need something that i can click (Or something similar) to shutdown all the Pc's that are on or single, or disply messages.

I just need something that will give me full control of my LAN. It would be incredibly handy if you could find some Freeware software for this, i would preferably not like to use DOS based programs, as i know how to use them but prefer GUI programs.

Thank you.
Daniel Osborne...

A:LAN Owner needs help...

What I would suggest is to move this thread to the Networking forum here at TSG and let our networking folks have a good go at this problem. If you would just click the little triangle at the top right of the screen and ask a moderator to move this thread to Networking?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-owner-needs-help.504722/
Relevancy 36.98%

hi,
i just bought a second hand computer with windows xp pro installed. its not updated and asks me to update to sp2. when i try, it won't let me.

what are my options here? i know its pirated because i can't update.
do i buy the full version of xp w/sp2? or can i buy the xp w/sp2 upgrade, because xp is already installed? not sure which way to go....don't really want to buy the full version too much $$. one more question....can you install the full version of xp home version when i already have the pro installed?

thank you for any advice! greatly appreciated......

A:new owner, old xp....

Sorry I have lost the link
If you go to the microsoft web site they have a policy of helping people with pirated stuff. are you sure it is pirated?
If I find the link I will re post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-owner-old-xp-66038.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I booted my pc that only has 1 account and it said something or other about there not being any profiles and windows made a tempory one, so I am using it now and ALL my files have just been gone apart from things that i have installed eg itunes, but things like my songs my word document just everything gone. I had VERY important stuff but have no idea how to get it back

A:Owner profile just gone?!

Hi and welcome to TSF,

This KB may get your profile back corrupt profile. It doesn't address your exact issue, but it should work if the ntuser files are intact

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/owner-profile-just-gone-105375.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I can open windows in safe mode bot in normal mode I get no desktop and error message
The message I get is
Documentsand settings\owner\desktop is not accessible
also
cannot run pconfig

Anyone with help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-owner.420716/
Relevancy 36.55%

everytime I boot or reboot, on the right side it says installing device, then it say canot install device driver. ive gone into devce and cant fint it but theres 2 yellow ! excalamation marks. ive tried both and cant get it, do I disable storage? it seems
to be aq 32mb problem, im using a 64mb game and at times it goes out, the screen goes black but I still hear musin from game, at times it gois comnpletly out and I have to reboot..somethings wrong, vcan u help or not??

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/33e615df-1202-4497-a2bb-5ca494cad871/owner-of-gateway?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 36.55%

ApplicationData]newnext.me\nengine.dllHow to fix?Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum, at the suggestion of forum staff. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525901/pop-up-cdocumentsandsettingsowner/
Relevancy 36.55%

When i press F2 at bootup and enter system setup and go down to maintenance, owner's tag is no
longer listed. how to replace it.

A:owner's tag is missing

System manufacturer?

Does Setup reflect the correct time/date, etc.?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490452/owners-tag-is-missing/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am unable to log into my account which is <removed>. can you help me?
Thanks,
Don Arber

A:Owner of site

Never post your email address on a public forum.

Have a look at Gmail support here:
Contacting Support - Gmail Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/owner-of-site-645953.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Yes, embarassingly so, I have issues with changng all of my file path names. When I purchased my computer new the business had already installed the OS, etc. So whenever I save ANY document, the crazy file name includes "HP_Owner" to my dismay. I have already tried to do a regedit, yet file names still have the dreaded HP Owner scar. Here's a lovely example: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\article.rtf. See?! Quite maddening to me. So how would I change that so my name appears as author and document owner?

A:Xp Hp Owner Issue

Hiya,

My first thought is that if you right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop, scroll to properties and see who the computer is registered to. Does it by any chance say Registered to HP_Owner ?

Regards,

Tony.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111844/xp-hp-owner-issue/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am trying to delete a file that I need permission for.
Windows Vista ultimate and I am Administrator
It is an old backup file that I no longer need.
Thanks Ray

A:Owner permissions

How to take ownership of a file.

Or, you can try the free Unlocker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/owner-permissions.866942/
Relevancy 36.55%

I often run into quot S- - - - - - - quot as the owner I'm the Owner inControl not or of many things on my computer when going through files I am the owner of the computer I'm not the Owner or inControl and currently the only user but not the owner of some random items It tends to be difficult to make any changes when this unknown entity is the owner even popping up with quot Do You Want To Allow The Following Program To Make Changes PROGRAM NAME Permissions Editor For Files And Folders VERIFIED PUBLISHER Microsoft Windows CLSID F E C - - CE- D - AA E C quot and I m not very sure how to determine the trustworthiness of this info or just about anything else this is my first posted question starting simple since I m slightly skeptical for fear my whole computer gets taken over please don t be offended by my honestly ignorant stand point I mean no harm or fowl to go ahead an accept I believe I did so once but that was before I ever had to wipe my PC clean I ve had to do the quot press power on button once while holding until it starts to beep quot a handful of times as my roommate had been using it without any protection for months She no longer is allowed to use any of my computers nor is she the listed owner of anything on this PC There are probably so many things wrong with my computer but if I could find out what this quot S- - - - - - - quot is or who it is since it is an owner where it came from why or just really if it is something to worry about Thank you very kindly for taking the time to read through this and if you are able to help thanks again if you are willing to Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:I'm not the Owner or inControl

I think 1000 is the first user account created on the PC. If an account number like it shows up in a files's Properties > Security tab, instead of an acc name, then it means that the account has since been deleted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-not-the-owner-or-incontrol.1100017/
Relevancy 36.55%

Need to ask you a question about laptops!
At Sam's Club today and they had a refurbished
HP Pavilion, dv7-3188cl, Intel Core i5-430M processor, 6GB ram and all the other goodies.
I can pay $475.00
out the door and use it for 90 days but the 1st 30 days I have option of buying extended warranty for 2yrs @$30 or 3yrs for $40
Is this a good buy? I am online with it now and so far everything is working ok. Just need someone with more experience with laptops than I am.
Product # wp586ua#aba

Ran sfc /scannow and everything was good.

What other tests can I or should I do to make sure this laptop is worth the money?
Add today at Frey's $699.00 for same model!

ps. I have a desktop that was refurbished from Costco and not a lick of problems for the 3 years I've owned it.

A:For Laptop Owner's Only

SFC checked the software
I would check the ram
Download memtest86 and test RAM
www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

After your test the ram, take one good stick and test all the slots. You want to be sure no problems.
Test the hard drive, too
Test Hard Drive www.carrona.org/hddiag.html or this test http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121241-laptop-owners-only.html
Relevancy 36.55%

About 4 days ago I did a fresh install of Windows XP. I didn't reformat.
Somewhere it asked me for a name and I put in "Nunya."
In the C: drive "Documents and Settings" I have:
All Users
All Users.Windows
Default User
Default User.Windows
Owner
Owner.Nunya
Janet

I'm getting mixed up as to what user is the default. I'm the only person who uses this computer and I'm wanting to know if I can safely get rid and how to get rid of all unwanted "User" names. So that there is just one User...One Administrator, etc...me, Janet.
Thanks for any help you can give me.