Windows Support Forum

Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Q: Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 100.62%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I was trying to transfer a video of 'how to train your dragon'. The size of the file is 4,37GB and the size of the memory stick was 8GB. So why can't a transfer the file. when I try to transfer the file it says: 'Cannot copy howtotrainyourdragon: There is not enough free disk space.'

Relevancy 96.75%

Hi I tried to transfer some photos via Windows Explorer from a Sony memory stick duo pro (photos taken from digital camera) to my laptop, but the usb cable slipped halfway through and disconnected from the memory stick card reader. When reconnected, there were hundreds of folders which all said ''folder is empty''and I cannot find my photos anywhere!! Usually it should only have 2 folders - DCIM and MISC and the photos would all sit under DCIM. Those were really memorable photos and I hope you can help me recover them. Please help!

Relevancy 96.75%

I was moving a folder of files from one folder in my memory stick to another folder again in my memory stick Whilst this was being done a message popped up saying something like Unable to complete task I assumed that it would be back in the original folder but it wasn t In fact it isn t anywhere on my memory stick I checked around the computer but to be honest I m not very good at this kind of thing so I don t know where to look At no point did the computer ask me if I was quot sure I wanted to delete quot etc so surely they re still on there somewhere right I ve tried PC memory Lost transfer stick during on files Inspector and Data Recovery Wizard but they didn t find them or at least I don t think they did from what Lost files during transfer on memory stick I can see so what should I do Are my files still on my memory stick or in the computer nbsp

A:Lost files during transfer on memory stick

You might want to try this.
Via control panel select folders(classic view in vista) and from the "View" drop down menu choose "Show Hidden Files" then click apply.
Search the memory stick again.
If not there try C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME \AppData

Or try here http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/filerecovery.html its free
btw don't click the ad as I did LOL and there is a slight delay on the next page before the download box appears...crafter beggers
Review of it here http://software-today.com/pc-inspector?-file-recovery-4-x

Bonne chance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-files-during-transfer-on-memory-stick.980434/
Relevancy 96.75%

I am trying to put an 13GB MKV video file onto a 32GB USB3 Memory stick, but when I drag the file across I get an error message declaring that the file is too large for the destination file system, The memory stick has been formatted to FAT32
Any advice ?

A:USB Memory stick file transfer problem

There is a file limit on the root directory if you create a folder it should then copy assuming file size is correct as we sectors can be different it can be bigger when transfered

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129190-usb-memory-stick-file-transfer-problem.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,

I just got a PSP 3000 for the holidays and I can't figure out what memory to buy with it. I heard of ScanDisk and Sony being the best and that the sizes are 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb, 16gb, and 32gb. I feel that 32 gb might be too much so looking at 8gb or 16gb. What brand is better for these 2 sizes of memory to go into a PSP 3000? Also is stick better or micro? I've seen many good priced micro cards so leaning towards it and just getting the adapter for it fit my PSP.

If it helps, would like to have space for movies, downloadable games, music, etc.

A:Which memory stick/card is best for PSP?

I have owned many brands of memory sticks for my PSP, all of them performed the same. As for size if you are wanting to deal with movies and such I would go for the biggest that will fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-memory-stick-card-is-best-for-psp.887544/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have tried trawling for information and search engines are too busy interpreting what I really want - really?

Basically they don't give clear answers and web designers can't spend too much time on real data because it goes out of fashion (sic) too quickly.

I run FF Portable from a 2Gb Kingston U3 (waste of time) and the remote systems I use it on do so much checking and FF does so much archiving I need something faster.

It could be a micro SD and small USB carrier or even an SDHC if it would read properly on a variety of systems. Mostly XP.

Any Ideas peeps?

I am UK based. Run XP & 2000 on PC's and Win98 SP2 most of the time (because I run websites and need to know what the lowest common denominator sees)

Relevancy 89.87%

I have tried to upload photo's from my memory stick onto my Mac laptop and it had a error stating that it 'does not recognise my card and to eject' so then I also tried to upload on my Windows PC and that gave me a message 'that I need to format disk'. Now I know that if I do this that it will delete all contents. I don't know what's happened as I just uploaded and cleared content from it a couple of days prior. Is there anything I can do? I've since placed it back into my digital camera and now my camera say's it's an un-useable card, really confused now help would be appreciated. Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb-un-useable-card.890315/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here, cuz you guys are the best help a man can get XD)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick anymore PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 88.58%

http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=70
Hi, I bought this about a year ago and it worked at first but as time passed sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't when I put in my memory stick to upload pictures, etc. Now I've been trying for a couple of days and whenever I insert it into the usb port the light flashes green (somestimes remains green) and the computer shows that that removable drive is there when I go to 'my computer'. But when I click on it it says "Please insert the removable drive E)" or it freezes my computer. I even tried it on a laptop and it doesn't want to open up.

A:GE Memory Stick Card Reader not working!

Hi and welcome. As with anything else, sometimes they go bad. Check to see if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ge-memory-stick-card-reader-not-working.740736/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick

A:SanDisk memory stick card problem!!

Only one post per topic....or maybe it was a accident.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandisk-memory-stick-card-problem.516261/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

A:USB Stick & Memory Card Not Showing in My Computer !

Quote: Originally Posted by maranello

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

Have you tried to use System Restore to go back before this issue occured...

If you can't then do a repair install

Repair Install

Backup your data first to be safe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/38754-usb-stick-memory-card-not-showing-my-computer.html
Relevancy 87.72%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 87.72%

OK i have this problem, i insert my memery card reader or USB stick and then up pops WMP device setup (see "Attach Files")

i then click "cancel" and my usb is shut down, or if i dont click cancel it automatically shuts down after 10 - 20 secs.

i have manually set all the autoplay options in the control panel to "take no action" but this has not made any difference.

can someone please help as these auto crash your hardware add-on's from microsoft are really starting to bug me. please give me back control of my system as you do not know best ffs!

Relevancy 85.14%

I bought a Lexcron 45 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader a while back and I used it for quite a bit. Recently I used it on my laptop with my Memory Stick Pro Duo and it worked fine.
Now I'm trying to do this on my computer but the computer is not recognizing the memory stick. The card reader does - as a green light shows.
Help me out here?

A:My external card reader works fine but my PC doesn't recognize the memory stick......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-card-reader-works-fine-but-my-pc-doesnt-recognize-the-memory-stick.701636/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi thereI have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which runs Windows XP service pack and I use IE Please note im very much a computer novice and I thought this was the most appropraite forum for me to post for help if this is not the case please kindly avise me where I should post The please my inserted? dont when Help CD/DVD drive reader recognise inbuilt memory stick CD card or and best way Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted? I can describe the problem is I used to be able to for example insert my memory stick from my camera into my inbuilt memory card reader and the photos would automatically just pop up on the screen and I could go from there I have also tried a diffrent card with the same problem Nowdays I put the memory card in the reader and it makes a click noise and goes in ok but nothing happens On the task bar on the bottom right I get a little icon appear that says it safe to remove once card is removed icom disappears Also using the inbuilt CD DVD drive I use to be able to input a CD DVD in the drive and it would autimatically pop Windows Media Player and I was away nowdays I place a CD in the light flashes showing its doing something but nothing happens nor does Windows Media Player pop up I have tried on occasion to bring up Windows Media Player manually and on occasion through trial and error on same occasions I can get the CD DVD to play other times I just give up My question is it used to all work perfectly yet now I have these issues orginally I put it down to an older computer live with it but after using google it looks like it may be fixable This computer novice seek s your help in that area thanks in advance

A:Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Do a System Restore, choose a date prior to this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368016/help-please-my-inbuilt-card-reader-and-cddvd-drive-dont-recognise-memory-stick-or-cd-when-inserted/
Relevancy 84.28%

First time using memory card reader. I have been using reader to transfer
pictures to memory card/sddisk for digital picture frames. I got through
1 set of pictures, now when I try it keeps saying (cannot copy) the directory or file cannot be created. what is happening? thanks

A:Transfer pictures to memory card in reader

Card is full or locked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-pictures-to-memory-card-in-reader.95737/
Relevancy 84.28%

Recently acquired Nikon D70, have transferred images to Computer but memory card is showing balance of shots left and no images on LCD. What am I doing wrong?

Bill

A:camera memory card transfer problem

Hi Bill – welcome to TSG.

Posting is different from sending a telegram. They don’t charge by the word. You shouldn’t give a slight hint of a problem and expect the details to be dragged out.

“memory card is showing balance of shots left” – Is that the balance of the shots left after you transferred some of the images?
Is the memory card showing all of the shots still there but you can’t see them on the LCD?
Does “transferred” mean you moved rather than copied the images from the card to the computer?

I’m guessing you have some images left on the memory card but none are showing on the LCD.

Take a look in the folder where you transferred the images and see if there isn’t a “Thumbs.db” or some database file for the thumbnails. Most cameras save the thumbnails as separate images for quick viewing on the LCD so the camera doesn’t have to generate the thumbnails every viewing. Most cameras attach the thumbnails to the EXIF but some also make a database file. I’m not familiar with your camera, but if there is a thumbnail database file for the images you took and you “moved” it to the computer you couldn’t view the remaining images on the camera.

If I made a wrong guess as to what your problem might be, how about spending a little more time writing a post that explains your problem. Are you transferring directly from the drive letter that is your camera (much preferred) or using some wizard or software to transfer the images?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/camera-memory-card-transfer-problem.395452/
Relevancy 83.42%

I bought a 512 MB Sandisk memory card for my Kodak EasyShare CX7330 digital camera before I went to London. I also brought a 64 MB card with me. I filled both cards, then transferred photos from each onto 2-3 different Dell computers running Windows in a lab overseas. Saved and emailed pictures successfully.

THEN I returned home and successfully transferred pictures from the 64 MB card onto my iMac running Mac OS 10.2.8, but neither that computer nor my friend's Windows PC will recognize the 512 MB card! A guy at Best Buy told me it may be due to a European software format change, but the 64 MB card is fine...so I don't think that is the case.

I can still look through photos on my camera's viewer, or hook it up to the TV and see them that way. But does anyone know of ANY WAY I can save 600+ pictures on ANY computer?? Has the card been corrupted?

Relevancy 78.69%

Whenever I try to put my SD card in the reader or a memory stick in the USB ports, I get the error message "E:\ Application Not Found". What does this mean? It's really weird, they were fine last week, and now all of a sudden none of them work? I'm not very technologically savvy, so please forgive me. I just checked the drivers and they are all updated, so what could it be? I can open the either one if I go to My Computer and right click, but I get that error message whenever I simply put them in. Any help would be appreciated!

A:"E:\ Application Not Found" SD card and memory stick

Hi,

We can try two methods to check if the issue gets fixed:

Method 1 (If autorun.inf file is present):

1. Go to control panel then folder options.
2. Press tab view and check view hidden files and folders.
3. Then go to the device not opening and explore it.
4. Look if you see autorun.inf and if present delete it.
5. Then disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.

Method 2 (If autorun.inf file isn't present):

Go to command prompt, click Start and type the following command:
attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and then type the following command:
del X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and after this disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.
To go to command prompt following the steps mentioned below:
1. Click Start.
2. Type in Search box CMD.
3. Right Click on CMD and RUN AS ADMIN.
4. Then type in attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf.
Note: Please notice that X means the drive letter (E:\, F:\, etc).

If the above steps do not work, in CMD type sfc /scannow. Please use the following link for detailed instructions: System Files - SFC Command

Note: Ensure that the data is backed up from the memory stick before you follow above mentioned steps.

Please post back with the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298435-e-application-not-found-sd-card-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 76.11%

A device manager wasn't mentioned from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is PNY. Anyone know why it might cause the computer to run on virtual memory? There is a warning box that pulls up reading "out of memory at line:1521". I don't know what I need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-new-memory-card-now-computer-runs-on-virtual-memory.150828/
Relevancy 76.11%

I installed the Nvidia GT got the Blue screen of death after many headaches I took it back and got the Nvidia GT still got vs memory system conflict? Video card memory BSOD I have done a complete hardware diagnostic test on every piece of hardware on the computer and everything checks out good I have Video card memory vs system memory conflict? the latest Video card and mother board drivers installed and keep getting the blue screen of death on random things mostly DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a theory I have is maybe the Video card memory speed is conflicting with the Video card memory runs faster then the System memory and I ve read that Vista has problems with ram Video card memory vs system memory conflict? that runs at different speeds could that be the issue Just a quick update I just uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio Driver I have a feeling it was conflicting with the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver We will see Any help or info from you guys will be helpful thanks Here are my system specs System Information Saturday June PM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model Name m f Product Number GX AA-ABA Software Build NAv PrA Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer HP-Pavilion Total Number of Logical CPUs Total Physical Memory GB Total Number of Optical Drives Total Number of Hard Drives Total Number Video card memory vs system memory conflict? of Video Cards Total Number of Memory Modules Total Number of DIMM slots ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Board Chipset nVidia MCP Base Board Manufacturer ECS Product Nettle BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD Release Date BIOS Version String ROM Size kB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor CPU Specification AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Size kB Size MB ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Memory Total Physical Memory GB Free Physical Memory GB MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code MB DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Size GB Memory Type DDR -SDRAM PC - MHz Memory Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics Memory Manufacture Date Week Year Memory Part Number HYMP U CP -Y Memory Revision Code ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Local Disk ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - Hitachi HDT VLA SCSI Disk Device Model Number Hitachi HDT VLA Firmware Revision V O Total Capacity GB Driver c windows system drivers disk sys Driver Version - - HP - C Drive Letter C Volume Name HP Volume Serial Number -AAC File System NTFS Volume Capacity GB Volume Free Space GB Volume Used Space GB FACTORY IMAGE - D Drive Letter D Volume Name FACTORY IMAGE Volume Serial... Read more

A:Video card memory vs system memory conflict?

Just tried this:http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=586183&mpage=1Hopefully this will fix the BSOD issue,I'm sick of getting the BSOD on my system when nothing is wrong with the hardware. I work to hard to keep it running like new, don't want something simple to take it down. but this has been going on for weeks hopefully this will fix.I'll know in the morning.This is also interesting:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=190995

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401806/video-card-memory-vs-system-memory-conflict/
Relevancy 74.39%

hi, my sony memory stick says "reinsert the memory card " when i insert it into my cybershot camera. It cant read the memory card, does anybody know what wrong and how to fix it. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-13-01-memory-card-failure-cant-recognize-memory-card.634675/
Relevancy 73.53%

Just a casual question. I have three memory sticks, equal in capacity, which are used for transmitting files across to other computer and daily backups. The computer has a hard disk with no partitions and the usual CD/DVD-ROM drive.

Why, when I insert two of the memory sticks are they each recognised as the E drive, whilst the third memory stick is always recognised as the F drive. The memory sticks are used one at a time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 235131 MB, Free - 188679 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0WG864, , ..CN481116AB03B3.
Antivirus: Sunbelt VIPRE, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Memory on a Stick

Is each stick always recognized as the same drive, like the "f" is always "f" even if it is the only stick plugged in?

Might want to look at this:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/archive/index.php/t-68814.html

You can name your sticks for ease of use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-on-a-stick.1008616/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have purchased a 4GB Memory Stick.
Every time I try to save a file I get the message "Please insert a disc in Drive I" and can go no further with the save.
I am using Windows XP

A:Memory Stick

Doesn't sound like it's getting installed correctly - XP isn't liking the media. Do other flash drives work ok. Can you try it in another machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.543955/
Relevancy 73.53%

am experiening problems copying files from an Acer laptop with 08 vista to memory stick both media and word docs. Older docs transferred from work pc go to and from the Acer via memory stick without problem Others created or copied direct to (eg music) cannot be tranferred to memory stick, with message reading : error 0x800700052.

I would gretaly appreciate any advice.

thanks
david

A:dse memory stick 1gb

You may be trying to put too many files into the root directory of the memory stick, try creating a folder on the memory stick and then copying the files to that folder instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb.751574/
Relevancy 73.53%

HI.
I'm trying to download Winzip Program to a memory stick,so that i can install on another computer that needs Winzip,but is not connected to I/Net.
Everytime i try an install,there seems to be missing files.
Any ideas ??
Many Thanks
brum1

No ideas. I've often transferred WinZip via USB drive-never had any problem. Are you sure you're saving the downloaded file to the USB drive-if you try copying your installed version of WinZip you probably won't get it all. Other than that the only idea I have is that you have a problem with your download-have you tried re-downloading it? Maybe from a different PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.666225/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I have plugged my memory stick into my pc and I cannot read from it. There is no data available on it. I plugged it into another pc and still nothing. Help. How do I retrieve the data?

R

Relevancy 73.53%

Is there any notable difference in performance between a 1600MHz rated memory stick compared to a 1333MHz rated stick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-mhz.1084209/
Relevancy 73.53%

i have downloaded a few movies and put them all on my memory stick then deleted them off my computer. Now if i try and pay them in windows media player it says it cannot play it because of a missing codec that was used to suppress the file??

Can anyone help ive already tries using other media players but they don't work either!!

2 of the movies work but the other 5 dont . Dont understand why they are all normal mpeg files??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.684419/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am having problems clearing my memory stick of unwanted data.

Does anyone know a way to delete all info. in one hit ? Thanks in advance

A:memory stick

If it shows up under 'My Computer' when you insert it into your card reader, you should be able to right-click on it, and select 'Format' to completely wipe the card clean.

If 'Format' it doesn't appear in the right-click menu, click on 'Properties' and see if it's in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.525939/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey

Long story short: My new computer that had Vista on it originally crashed two weeks ago. I downgraded to XP. Now the internet doesn't work. My Network Drivers are missing.

So I hooked up my old computer (Windows ME) I upgraded it to XP. I got onto the HP website and the tech sent me 3 drivers: chipset, sound, and modem.

The CD burner on the old computer won't work. So I couldn't burn the drivers onto a cd and transfer.

I bought a USB Memory Stick. The computer recognized it, installed it. But it's not under 'My Computer'.

I went into Admin Tools and tried adding a new drive. It wouldn't work/I may not have done it right.

HELP.

A:USB Memory Stick

Try reinstalling the USB drivers or your motherboard chipset drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-memory-stick-245563.html
Relevancy 73.53%

This probably sounds daft, but when you buy a PSP did a memory stick come with it, or did you have to buy one separately?

A:PSP memory stick

My PSP "fat" came with a 32MB memory stick.

I believe there are packages that come with up to 1 GB memory stick.
I bought my own 2GB memory stick and I use that exclusively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psp-memory-stick.693832/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, I am running Windows XP SP3 and I have high speed satilite service provider. I live in a remote area and the only other provider is dialup. My nieghbor who also lives here has Windows Vista and she only has dialup. I am wondering if I can download Windows Defender onto my USB memory stick and then go install it onto her computer. It is a 12 hour download for her since she is only getting 17Kbps speed and also can't seem to download it. Hope someone can help since it is two different platforms and I don't know if it is the right thing to do. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:USB memory stick

Not sure about Windows defender , but most downloads give you a choice to save or run. Many times, I have saved to a cd and burned it for friends who have a slow connection.
I think your idea should work.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick.729257/
Relevancy 73.53%

Please help, I accidentally formatted my wife’s memory stick, it contained about 4GB of work she had not backed up. Is there any way I can retrieve any of her work.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 73.53%

I wish to know how to use a memory stick to save files/back up files/transfer files.

Relevancy 73.53%

What is the difference between a USB flash drive and a USB pen drive? There is a difference in price but that is all i can work out at the moment. Please can you help.

A:Memory stick

Hi helenb102,

Welcome to TSG!

According to Ask.com when I searched for usb flash drive, a USB flash drive and USB pen drive are one and the same:
Known By Many Names

Also known as a "flash drive," "pen drive," "keychain drive," "key drive," "USB key," "USB stick" and "memory key," ...

I already knew that, but wondered if indeed there actually was some difference - so, none!

They are sold with or without bootable software (Windows) depending on mfg. I have bought 512kb, 2GB and 4GB USB flash drives. SanDisk cruzer (512KB, 2GB, 4GB) comes with Windows compatible FAT16 (I think) bootable software. On a PNY Technologies (2GB) USB flash drive which does not come with any bootable software, I partitioned and laid in a compatible file system for Linux Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon which has the property (now) of persistent storage, so that any changes I install to it are not lost after I boot it up and install the changes - i.e. between reboots from it onto my desktop from it.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.703587/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello all I ve been running Memtest version on my memory sticks lately I mainly started because I read a lot about it in the forums and wanted to try it out I m kind of new to the whole PC scene so I don t know exactly why or when to run memory tests or what all the numbers are supposed to tell me I ll start by Stick? Bad Memory listing my system specs Processor Intel P C GHz w MHz FSB Motherboard MSI G Neo -PLS Memory Kingston ValueRam GB x MB PC Hard Disk Western Digital GB RPM IDE I realize that my current memory is not optimum for my system but at the time I built my system it was what I had I plan on upgrading to PC in the future My motherboard has RAM slots each for Channel quot A quot and Channel quot B quot I ve run each stick in each slot individually for a minimum of hours per run The first stick has consistantly run without any errors the second stick has consistantly run with many errors My questions are these Bad Memory Stick? Have I run the tests properly Can I assume that ultimately there should be no errors My memory has a quot Lifetime Warranty quot how would I go about having Kingston replace the bad stick If I ve left out any pertinent information I apologize and please feel free to request it Any responses are greatly appreciated Thank you ahnadahodo nbsp

A:Bad Memory Stick?

There is really no way to run MemTest wrong and yes, there should be no errors whatsoever.

You can either take the memory back to where you bought it or RMA it directly to Kingston. You can find the RMA form on www.kingston.com under support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-memory-stick.20337/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi

I have a 4gb memory stick that I have used many times to install Linux etc on old laptops etc. Now that I want to use that stick to copy off some files from Win 7, I notice that Win 7 suggests its capacity is only 1gb.

I think I have seen this kind of thing happen before but cant remember how I resolved it.

Anyone got ideas on how to kick-start W7 into recognising its full capacity ?

Cheers

Relevancy 73.53%

I was using an Windows XP computer that didn't have a floppy drive so I used a USB memory stick to save things onto. XP has that auto read and it knew were it was so it was no problem to access the files on it. Now that computer and I'm stuck using a Windows 98 that doesn't have the auto find. How do I get the computer to read the USB so I can access the files?

Relevancy 73.53%

It says that this memory stick is perfect for the PSP, but right now for me it isnt being perfect. It will not let me transfer any data onto it?? Im using the latest version of sonicstage, and none of the support sites for the card are helpful at all. Can anyone help me out please??

thnx, david

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a USB flash drive
It worked fine as was seen when plugged in my old pc
But now on my new one it says its installed and lights up when I plug it into USB But does not appear in My Computer window to click on it to open it Any ideas please?
My card reader is the same.

A:USB Memory stick not seen

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-not-seen.484193/
Relevancy 73.53%

How do i download photo's to memory stick. do i need a programme of some kind.? or is there something in xp that will do it for me .didnt think the cheap cd writer that came with it would do it .

A:memory stick

Barjay, welcome to TSF.

Insert your memory stick into an empty USB port.

Find the pictures you wish to transfer. Select the file you want and right click on it > Choose Send To > Removeable Drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-466217.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there, i have two 256mb memory on my pc which has two more empty slots and capacity for 4gb. I bought a 2gb memory stick compatible with my system, my question is, do i have to take the 256mb memory sticks out, or just add the 2gb one, cause I'll have then 2 1/2gb of memory, is that all right??
Thanks
Patrick

Don't mix memory types. Remove the old memory sticks and use only the new memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick.122753/
Relevancy 73.53%

I plug in my memory stick into my computer but it does'nt work, do I need to download some type of software to my computer? please help.

Memory modules, if the correct size, and type, should work out of the box.
Be sure you have the right stuff by going to www.crucial.com and entering your computer brand and model, or the motherboard brand and model... for a list of what should work.
Then if you install it correctly so that it is firmly seated, the motherboard BIOS and Windows should detect it and accept it automatically.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick.104725/
Relevancy 73.53%

Will this tactic work?
If I transfer all my harddrive to a memory stick (the size is 4 Gigabytes) can I then plug it into a PC with Norton installed and scan it that way?
I ask because I cannot scan my pc at the moment because a virus(or a trojan or I know not what) is effectively blocking my internet access .
Again would Norton Antivirus be up to the task as someone (my ISP) said they thought it might be a trojan to be redirecting my outgoing traffic in the way that it is.

A:using a memory stick

hi geordief

it might take a while depending on the size of your hard drive but this should work also try spybot search and destroy in google that should also be able to help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379509/using-a-memory-stick/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all.I got a 128mbPC133 memory stick for x-mas.But the problem is, I have a PC2100 model.I was wondering if it will still work.I put it in but nothing is changed except that AIDA recognizes it as an extra memory.Can i manke it work or should i try and see if the manufacturer will exchange it??..Thank you

Relevancy 73.53%

I am on Xp home

I have a memory stick, which I have had about 6 months.

I used it the morning to print from, when I come to use it, tonight I cannot get in it.
It says the memory stick needs formatting
I have tried PC Inspector File recovery but all I can get out of it is "Boot Error"
Does anyone know software that will get me into this memory stick?

Old-un

here are a couple for sitesroadkill's unstoppable copiersor try this oneroadkills raw copysee of either one of them helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134370/memory-stick/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have an Packard Bell laptop, running XP. At the moment i am not able to accssess the internet. I have downloaded a program, MP3 Tools onto my memory stick from another computer, but for some reason when i try to put it onto my laptop i keep getting an error message. Can anyone help please. thank you.

What's contained in the error message may help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503490/memory-stick/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,hopefully u can answer my question.I have 2 memory sticks installed in my pc,one 512mb Ram stick and one 256mb Ram, but on a recent visit to pc pitstop it said that i only had 512mb running.
Where can see how much is actually running?Is it possible that the 256 stick is broke?How can i find this out?

Regards
Chris
physical memory
Total 515568
in use 220624 so could anyone tell me from these figures how much Ram i have?

Thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

Hey all

I have do a project for school on the sony memory stick duo new release of the

4GB and 8GB cards and i cant find anything on the price

can someone plz help?

A:Memory stick duo

i'm not sure the 8's are available yet but, here are some prices on the 4's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-duo.508088/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all at TSG! Can you help? I'm purchasing a sony digital camera which uses a "Memory Stick" for storage. Does anyone know if a compact flash card or a SD memory card would be compatible, or will I only be able to use a memory stick? Thanx

Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys,

I have a question,

is there any way to recover a corrupted drive.

A while back i was formating my 2gb memory stick when the power went out.
The format did not complete and now the drive wont work at all.

is there any way to get it working again?

Thanks in advance.

A:USB memory stick help

Ok, did some googling.
Found this utility Low-Level Format Tool-HDDguru

It is currently working its magic.

More after the break.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/20074-usb-memory-stick-help.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me, i am having huge problems with memory sticks, im on my second one because stuff that i save into the stick disappears or when i open i file like a word document its opens with no text, just rows and rows of tiny boxes i would be so grateful if someone could help me. Im not a computer wizz, only know what i know which unfortunaly isnt why my memory stick is playing up. Perhaps someone know a great helpful website

Thank you Danni

A:8GB memory stick

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8gb-memory-stick.87577/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have used my memory stick before to look at my pictures and copy to DVD. Now, all of sudden, it is telling me when I put the stick in, and try to open to insert the memory stick, the memory stick is blinking, like it is being read. I checked the profile, the auto play said music, I tried to change to photo would not change,the auto play thing keeps appearing like it is playing something. I am so frustrated. Get this where I bought this computer, their tech support is off until 1/5. Can you imagine what their phones will be like then, with all of Xmas stuff they probably sold. Does anyone have any ideas. I have tried to change the "J" drive to photo, mixed etc, it just goes back to music. I don't know if that is the problem. But I am not all that computer illiterate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.190277/
Relevancy 73.53%

are all memory sticks compatible with all pcs?Or do i have to know stuff before i purchase one?This is my pc...what kind of card should i get?,if they are not all universal.here

Relevancy 73.53%

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

A:memory stick help

i own a pc with windows xp

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.814387/
Relevancy 73.53%

I?m using one of those memory sticks, I download a few episodes of something to it and then plug it into my DVD player. It plays fine but the episodes are not in order. No matter how I rename them they?re always out of order. Does anyone have a solution for this?

A:Using a memory stick - help please

What file format do you use please?
Do your file names start with numbers or words?
What make is your DVD player?
If you give me those details I will look into it for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/286838-using-memory-stick-help-please.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a USB1.1 memory stick that is a few years old. It has worked faithfully up until now. Yesterday when I insert it into a USB port, the computer (XP) does not detect it. There is no error message, there is no yellow question mark in the Device Manager. It does not appear on in My Computer, it doesn't work on another computer (Vista) and I have another USB Memory stick that does work with the computer so I am guessing that there is problem with the older stick.

Is there anything I can do to access the data on the stick and back it up before I replace it?

thanks

joncb01

Relevancy 72.67%

Dont no if anyone can help. I have a 4gig memory stick (well did have) that when i plug it in, all it says in properties is that the size of the memory is 0 bytes, used 0 bytes, free 0 bytes. I've tried to format it, but i get a message to insert disk I really haven't got a clue whats going on. Im running XP home, it worked fine for about two weeks, then this. Any advice would be great.

A:usb stick memory lost

USB flash drives are high failure items. Did you see if the manufacture has a web site. If the manufacturer is known, they will have USB flash drive setup tools.
If not, try some of the biggies like San Disk, Corsair, Kingston, Memorex setup or reformat drives.
Also, try formatting the drive in another computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stick-memory-lost.79177/
Relevancy 72.67%

Help please.
I have a trojan named:-
XCRACK\xKCARC\autorunme.exe on my memory stick.
Symantic Antivirus has quarantined it.
I would like to know if there is a way of removing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-trojan.913191/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi guys If i may pick your collective brains please I have an ancient Patriot laptop running Windows Xp Sp3 From Memory A Install Stick? XP sp and wish to connect to our home wifi network using Install Xp Sp3 From A Memory Stick? a USB dongle However although the laptop has allowed me to install the dongle s drivers and the dongle picks up the wifi signal with ease when i try to log in to our network using thee network key I get the following message- the network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configurtion this can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters If what i have managed to discover is true this because xp sp only supports WEP and not WAP WAP I have also read that installing xp sp will resolve the issue So the question is can I download using another laptop xp sp to a USB stick and then install it via the same USB stick to the laptop running xp sp and if so how do I do it Any and all help is gratefully appreciated Best regards Daz nbsp

A:Install Xp Sp3 From A Memory Stick?

Yes you should be able to do that. You just save the file to the USB pen drive, then put it in the old laptop and run it from there.

NB: Another option, if you can easily use that laptop close to the Router, you could just connect it with an Ethernet cable.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/install-xp-sp3-from-a-memory-stick.307876/
Relevancy 72.67%

hey pls tell me how set a password on any memory stick or usb flash drive

A:how to set a password on memory stick

Check the software CD that came with the memory stick. It should include a 'locking' program that password protects the whole device or just certain folders.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-set-a-password-on-memory-stick-148013.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Getting tracers on my screen. Have swapped the sticks. But still getting tracers.
My first thought is cleaning the gold connectors.
What is the reccomended way to clean them.
tia
oldcity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-clean-memory-stick.1165706/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello! I have a 16GB USB Memory Stick. It has been infected with some kind of virus that changed all my files in shortcuts and hid some other files. This way, it appeared like the device was fully occupied. I formatted it, but now i only have around 15 GB. Is it possible that the virus still remained? How can i know for sure?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-virus.1105245/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have been using a USB stick without difficulty for over a year, however tonight my computer wouldn't recognise it...or my son's. I restarted the computer then it worked but when i put son's in it didn't appear, then mine wouldn't work either. I was browsing for a solution in the archives when my stick suddenly opened on the screen...then son's worked too.
Can anyone tell my why it is suddenly so inconsistent..and can i do anything to fix this.
i tried putting the driver disk in but it only has win 98 not XP and wouldn't work .
BTW: one stick is over 12mths old, other is about 3mths old and never had problem with them before.

Relevancy 72.67%

more often than not when i plug a memory stick in i get the BSOD crash memory dump then restarts, if i leave the stick in pc boots up fine and i can access the stick.
this has happend with corsair and freecom sticks and with several different micro sd cards with several different card readers so seems like its the USB's rather than the memory sticks.

Attachment 45357

A:BSOD with memory stick

The RAM your are putting in is faulty or the motherboard slot is dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/52155-bsod-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a SD-MMC reader writer on my computer I just bought a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S camera my first digital camera lol I also bought a GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for it Now I simply assumed that that memory stick would work Memory SD-MMC Stick/ Solved: in my SD reader writer but it doesn t fit It s also not the same size as the SD memory card I use in it nor are the contacts the Solved: Memory Stick/ SD-MMC same However the instructions with the camera say to simply insert the Memory Stick Pro Duo in the memory slot on the computer if there is one So my question is Is the Memory Slot referred to in the camara s manual something different than the SD slot It s not a problem because the camera also came with it s own USB cord to connect to the computer and I can download my pictures using that but it would be more CONVENIENT to NOT have to remember to drag that cord with me to my mother s house or where-ever nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello! I've tried searching multiple different ways to find an answer, and I have thus far been unsuccessful. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a database (just Access) on a USB memory stick. It moves from computer to computer at work, and it may load into G:, F:, etc. Is there a way to tell the stick to name itself when it loads to keep this drive name consistent? The database calls out to the stick, and the calls don't automatically rename themselves when the stick does, so the links often break.

I hope this makes sense... I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!

A:Specify which drive for memory stick

try this while the stick is inserted

click Start->Run, enter diskmgmt.msc

Rt click on the current memory stick drive letter and select Change Drive Letter

Pick what you want

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specify-which-drive-for-memory-stick.114005/
Relevancy 72.67%

computer running slow and wanted to know if I replaced the old memory sticks with new ones will it run any better ?

A:can you replace memory stick

Not very likely.... Likely your computer is full of assorted junk, etc., and needs a good clean out; and may also benefit from defragging.What make/model is your computer; and presumably it "is" windows-7?To start with: run win-7 Disk cleanup utility as per these links:http://tinyurl.com/ooghshshttp://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...There will almost certainly be more to do..' assorted pests present; all of which slow down the system... So don't give up after disk cleanup.Also safeguard (as in copy) all "your" files to external storage; typically DVD but an external hard drive too is nice(r). Do this after disk cleanup. Check the copies can be accessed OK as well. Label the disks, and put in a safe place. These copies are purely to safeguard your personal files in event anything goes amiss whilst sorting out the slow system (unlikely - but always wise to take precautions). Ideally regularly copy/duplicate your personal files etc to external storage...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/can-you-replace-memory-stick/18940.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi all i build my first pc yesterday i have got it to turn on but i have no optical drive so i can't install a windows OS via cd dvd i am intending on upgrading to windows as soon as i get it started up but i am xp memory boot from stick going to boot xp from memory stick download it to make it easy so i am going to start of with xp as i cant find windows disc but as i have no optical drive so i can't use the disc so i have used a program that is meant to transfer the boot from the cd to the memory stick but it hasn't worked when i first turn on the pc it comes up with please select the operating system to start what i am saying here is not on the screen but just to say that all the items in the list below including --- gt debug are options to be selected and none seem to work st test mode setup boot from flash again after finished nd gui mode setup continue setup st start of windows --- gt DEBUG i case of HAL DLL or NTOSKRNL EXE not found errors lt --- Debug boot rDisk partition Debug boot rDisk partition Debug boot rDisk partition Debug boot rDisk partition Debug boot rDisk partition Debug boot rDisk partition Debug boot rDisk partition and at the bottom it has for troubleshooting and advanced startup options for windows press f i have tried all the options and none start up windows it just doesn't work any idea's on how to fix it or how to do it right thanks in advance

A:boot xp from memory stick

XP will only install from a CD, there was no provision in 2002 to boot from a device not yet invented.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-xp-from-memory-stick-673296.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Help I was viewing pictures that I took yesterday of my son s school Memory erased? stick HELP! baseball team taking rd HELP! Memory stick erased? place in the state finals I have a Sony Mavica camera that uses a memory stick I was reading the images off the stick through a floppy disk adaptor It was moving really slow and showing quot not responding quot I ejected the disk and popped it back in to see if this would get it going It didn t help much so I took the stick out and put back in my camera It now shows quot no file quot but it also shows that there is no memory space because I had filled the stick with pictures My year old had pictures taken with the three players that he really likes and couldn t wait to show his friends One of them even had him holding the homerun ball that his favorite player hit Can I get the pictures back Please anyone HELP THE PICTURES WERE ON THE STICK I DID GET THEM TO LOAD ON MY SCREEN FOR VIEWING BUT I WASN T GETTING THE INDIVIDUAL PICS TO COME UP AND THAT IS WHY I EJECTED THE DISK I DID NOT SAVE THEM TO MY COMPUTER BUT COULD I FIND THEM ON THE COMPUTER SOMEWHERE SINCE THEY WERE VIEWED nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

I have 2GB memory stick pro(made in Japan) that I use for my camera. It was working find and I can see the picture but now when I put it the reader to open it. the driver says:

you need to format the disk in the drive

However, the picture are important and I don't want them to be deleted. Is there any other way?
Note: I have windows 7 ultimate

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I recently bought a new camera I own a Sony DSC-H and I ve loved every minute of it My problem is for the first few weeks i was able to insert the adapter into my computer and be able to read the pictures off the card and be able to transfer them to my computer Now all of a sudden when i insert the card into my computer it asks me to reformat the card I kept taking it out and putting it back in to no availability So i decided to transfer all the pictures to my friends computer and erase all the pics off the card Now the card works on my friends computer but not on mine So i reformatted the card and it wouldn t fully go I don t know whats wrong or if i hit some sort of setting Sony Stick Duo Memory for the card not to read Its a high speed Sony memory stick duo and i know its not the card I have a Gateway MT Sony Memory Stick Duo laptop with Windows Vista on it gb ram and a gb hard drive nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello everybody ,I have a Memory stick (Cruzer Edge 8 GB) it did work perfect time ago I try to use today to copy same file and it say Item no longer on your computer,when I did plug the USB it took a while until the small window open with only option Open the folder to view file,I did so and try to copy and paste and the answer is Item no longer on your computer so please anybody know about that?
Thank you very much!

A:USB Memory Stick not working

A USB pen-drive, if working properly, should register with Windows almost instantaneously with no discernable delay in response. The fact that yours is taking a while to respond is a sure sign that it's faulty and needs replacing. It's mainly for this reason that you should never use a pen-drive for backup purposes - they are too volatile & unreliable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-not-working.1075092/
Relevancy 72.67%

when i connect my USB memory stick it connects but dose not show in my computer,
but when I go to manage PC it shows in there, but still dose not show in my computer ,
if I type f:dir (f is drive letter 4 USB) it will list content of drive ????
i have an ext HD also connected on the usb and its fine,
anything i insert into the usb slot gets setup and confirmed as ready for use.
the EXT HD shows in my computer.

windows xp pro and all USB are built in to PC
can anyone help

Relevancy 72.67%

I'm using Oracle's Virtual Box with Windows XP on it and it's not picking up any usb ports (except the mouse). When I put a memory stick in my "real" computer recognizes it and the virtual machine doesn't notice anything.

A:Trying to get virtual box to see memory stick

Its easier to just share the memory stick as a folder in your guest OS, I would recommend you do that instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-get-virtual-box-to-see-memory-stick.164462/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a friend who needs halp with his PSP memory stick, he postd this on facebook, I won't be able to answer any quuestions about his situation b/c this message is all the info he gave me and relaying your questoins to him and his answers back to you will be impractical. here you go:
Hey, I have a technical question and I thought that one of you might be able to help me.
I recently got an 8GB memory stick for my PSP, but when I transferred my music on to it from my old memory stick, It all came up as corrupt data. Now, sonicstage (the sony itunes basically) wont recognize the card.
I tried updating the driver pertaining to the card, but there was no update avalable.
Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-trouble.743090/
Relevancy 72.67%

I installed and formatted a Maxell 32 GB USB memory stick in my Dell computer which has a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit operating system. Saved many photos on it, and then removed it. Today I re-inserted it, and the computer wouldn't read it: it advised I must format the stick before it could be used. Knowing full well I was about to wipe the thing clean, I did a "Format" operation, and it is now re-formatted to 1 MB.

Any ideas about how I can restore the thing to 32 GB capacity?

A:How Can I Re-Format A Memory Stick?

SD Card Formatter should do it. Just used it myself. Download link is on the left side of the page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210160-how-can-i-re-format-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have ordered a new PC which will arrive with 512MB DDR 333MHZ (PC2700). I have two spare 256MB DDR 266MHZ CL2 PC2100U Memory sticks that I would like to install in the new machine to bump up total memory. Does anyone know if these will be compatible, will they degrade overall speed, etc? Thanks!

A:Solved: Memory Stick Help

They will slow down the new 333Mhz RAM to 266Mhz which will result in a performance decrease. In some case the 266Mhz RAM might be run at 333MNhz but this might cause instability. As for compatibility, some brands and models of RAM are not compatible with some motherboards; some manufacturers list some compatible RAM and some incompatible RAM on their sites. Having 1024 MB of RAM instead on 512 MB may help in some areas but not for normal use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-stick-help.309271/
Relevancy 72.67%

Greetings everyone hope you are having a lovely day Basically a while ago when i was setting this system up i planned on installing windows using a memory stick instead of disk but half way through the transfer of the ISO we had a power cut be Memory Stick cannot formatted and ever since then i cannot do anything with the memory stick the computer recognizes it Memory Stick cannot be formatted but says it needs to be formatted then when i try to format it says quot Windows was unable to complete the format quot The device details if needed are Capacity gb File System FAT I remember it being fat before this happened but i Memory Stick cannot be formatted cannot change it Memory Stick cannot be formatted back to that I have tried doing this in all USB ports just to be on the safe side and nothing I understand there is a high chance it will never work again but there is also a high chance i am missing something Thank you all for your time if there is any additional information you need feel free to ask

A:Memory Stick cannot be formatted

This previous Forum thread has several things you can try:

Cannot format usb flash drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210273-memory-stick-cannot-formatted.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Unable to access memory stick? it quotes it needs formating?
anyone know of a program to access and sort out?

A:memory stick problem

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-problem.87338/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have installed in my system the,

KINGSTON KHX6400D2K2/4G DDR2 4GB (2X2GB) PC6400 800MHZ HYPERX DUAL CHANNEL KIT CL 5-5-5-15 Voltage 1.8 - 2.0V

And i also have these ram sticks and i wonder if i can benefit from them in anyway,can i do any good combination for my system?

GEIL DDR2 Black Dragon Dual Channel (2x1GB) PC2-6400 800MHZ CL 4-4-4-12 Voltage 2.0V
Tested and working fine in 5-5-5-15 without any change in voltage

KINGSTON VALUE RAM KVR800D2N52G (2x2GB) PC2-6400 CL 5-5-5-15 Voltage 1.8V
Tested and working fine in 4-4-4-12 without any change in voltage.

I have always the motherboard bios to factory settings and for some reason is set timings to 6-6-6-18. I dont see any decrease in my the system speed so leave it that way.

A:RAM memory stick combination.

Hi Panais, here is a RAM benchmark MaxxPI˛ - Download (MaxxMEM˛ - PreView)
download it and test it on each set of RAM. I suspect you will get the best score with the Kingston at 4-4-4 or the Geil if you can get them to 4-4-4.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197202-ram-memory-stick-combination.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Can I leave the memory stick (thumb drive) in the PC 24/7? Is there any problem that heat will contaminate the files?

A:memory stick question

The drive is only in use when accessed,so it shouldn't be a problem.
Newer versions of windows have ready boost,which require the
flashdive to be plugged in when it is used.
It is supposed to help speed up the computer but I didn't see a
difference.
In any case you don't need to use that function anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-question.884310/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an IBM Thinkpad 380D that came with built-in 16mb RAM, and an additional 16mb stick had been added. It runs Win98SE.

I recently purchased a 64mb stick (SODIMM EDO, although it doesn't specifically say "EDO" on it). I removed the 16 and installed the 64, but on bootup, the boot screen only shows "16000KB OK", and the machine is drastically slower than before. (Previously, the boot screen showed "31824KB OK".) Clearly, the 64mb stick isn't being recognized.

Is there something else I should have done in installing the new stick? Or is there something I need to do after installing to get it recognized? How can I determine whether the new stick actually is EDO?

Any help will be appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

Relevancy 72.67%

I just purchased my computer yesterday. I removed my Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo from my digital camera and was going to download them to my computer. The slot came with a Dell piece. My memory stick is too small. It did not come with an adapter and I have no idea how to get it installed. Any ideas???

A:need help with memory stick slot

It is likely that the two aren't compatible.

What model Dell do you have? The type of adapter that you need depends on what slots your Dell has.

Also - most cameras come with a USB cable. Could you use that instead?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-memory-stick-slot-531472.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi guys!

Before i upgraded to windows 7 (from vista), my Dell laptop (inspiron 1520) would automatically detect my Sony memory card when i inserted it with its adaptor...(memory stick duo adaptor MSAC-M2)

Now that i have windows 7 when i insert my memory card, nothing happens, it doesnt read it. I dont even know how to access it manually. Ive tried downloading drivers from sony website but it didnt help....anyone know what could be the problem or how to fix it?

thank you

A:Memory Stick adaptor...

Download them from "Dell" instead....

- Dell - Search - All Dell.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59360-memory-stick-adaptor.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My memory stick has been working fine for a while, just a cheap 2GB Play.com Pen drive. Recently I swapped OS from Vista Home Basic to XP Pro. I did a full format beforehand of the partition and now Ive plugged in the memory stick I get the message, "The disk in drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" I then tell it to format and it says it cannot be formatted?

Ive also noticed that the DVD drive used to be D: and Flash drives used to be E: and theyve swapped round.

And help?

A:Memory Stick Formatting?

Have you tried formatting through Disk Management? (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management->right click drive and format)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-formatting-379812.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi
I inserted my wife's memory stick into my Laptop and AVG picked up numerous "backdoor" viruses on her images which I then attempted to remove. Now I am in serious trouble The 4GB stick shows 1,5GB free and 2,5GB used, but when opening the stick the file is empty. What is happening? Can I retrieve her images? Guys, please help....she is MAD with me.
Cheers,
Ken

Relevancy 72.67%

it seems that the memory stick slot doesnt work anymore. in the device manager there is a yellow question mark and it says that it it not working. i would try installing the drivers but i kinda lost the recovery cd or what not. well before when i bought this, VAIO PCV-RX580, it was using Windows XP Home and now i use Professional. not sure if that makes a difference. im just wondering is there anyway i can get the memory stick slot to work again?

A:MEMORY Stick SLot???

Try updating the drivers from here, search for your memory device.
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/mems...n#ms_downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-slot-35672.html