Windows Support Forum

Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

Q: Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

I ve had some serious issues that finally resulted in glitches! Solved: window? many confused! I'm Tracker Twain more so And me buying a Maxtor lll external HD to back up by system and then restore my computer to original which I did yesterday Now I m having trouble getting back to where I need to be One error message that continually comes up is a quot Twain Tracker window apdproxy exe-unable to locate the component quot Application failed to start because ijl dll was not found This started after I installed my HP printer So I m assuming that is what it s related to Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused! I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it again and it does the same thing Also There is an icon on my desktop that is an HP share to web upload folder that I want to remove and when I right click it to delete it my whole computer freezes up This is what was happening before I restored it I also want to organize my computer much more efficiently than it was before Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused! I want to be selective as to how I put things back on to it from the back up external drive As yet I haven t figured out just how to do that or if I even can actually do that or if I just need to do that after I put it all back onto my computer I purchased a quot premium quot service package - from Comp USA just a year ago when I bought this computer Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused! days after I bought it the store here in my city closed and now they are closing all of the stores nationwide The tech support is from a rd party supplier and they are not interested in giving good help they just want me to reset my computer instead of trying to fix it I wonder if other people have gotten screwed on this same deal nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

My suggestion is be firm with the tech support company. Tell them the problem and tell them that you have already done what they have suggested and that it has not worked. If they insist that is the problem then tell whoever you have on the phone you would like to speak to there supervisor. Be firm and always use little words, they don't understand them big ones!!
Relevancy 32.25%

THIS IS A LONG POST I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE WILLING TO HELP WOULD READ THIS Okay guys im having trouble finding which GPU to buy so here is my problem Im having a very hard time deciding which GPU to buy in my country Now GPU to which Confused about buy since I dont live in USA and if I did I would have already bought myself GTX Ti but unfortunately since I live in Confused about which GPU to buy Europe here the VAT is of US price tag local country tax and GPU are seriously overpriced Now I have choices on what GPU I want to buy R X the cheapest one here is Gigabyte which is Euro Euro R X the cheaperst one here is Sapphire Nitro which is Euro Asus Euro GTX the cheapest one here is Zotac which is Euro GTX Ti and R Fury X the bane of my wallet the cheapest ones are euros for reference GTX Ti Euros for Fury X and Euros for cheapest non reference GTX Ti which is MSI GTX Ti Gaming So as you can see the prices are clearly ripping the money out of my pocket because of how much they are and while I have the money to buy either one of them I really dont want to feel like im being ripped off even though that is how market here works I have also another list of things which will hopefully help you guys determine which GPU I should buy as to see what is better for me I just bought a new monitor im aiming towards p gameplay I play a a little modern games but I always play them atleast once Witcher Batman AK etc but when I do I would rather like to max them out The games I currently mostly play are not so much demanding and but I would like to play them at K VSR DSR -WoW -Starcraft -Diablo -Skyrim -MK X and some others too The game I will be most looking for to play is The Witcher and some of new games I will get which are MGS V The Phantom Pain Sword Coast Legends Heroes of Might and Magic VII Mafia III Hopefully I have given you guys enough info to make your decision this is really confusing for me since I have never been buying PC components for so much money and I dont know which one is more worth it than the other If you have any questions for anything else let me know thanks nbsp

A:Confused about which GPU to buy

The decision is up to you. Obviously the best value is the 290, if you want to pay twice as much money you can still get higher performance, but maybe only about 30% better.
Relevancy 21.93%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.
Relevancy 35.69%

I recently just built a gaming PC with my friend I have installed all of the drivers for the GPU from the installation disk it came displays dark. Build. glitches goes then New problem? Monitor GPU with Windows has been updated fully also besides three updates that continue to fail They are just security updates they may or may not be the problem The PC runs fine and the display will show New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? clear and crisp for about half an hour until New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? glitches will start to appear in the screen and next the monitor will appear black The light is still on and the PC is still running whatever it was last I know this because it did it during a driver installation and after I waited an hour and then restarted the PC the driver install was done Often after I restart the PC nothing will show up at all If I wait awhile and get lucky it will boot up normal The glitches happen most often when I try to run a game The mentioned updates continue to fail and idk why I have ran a troubleshoot for the PC as well and the it says no driver can be found for the PCI Simple Communications Controller After I choose to search for the driver online or on my computer it says no driver found During a Windows Update failure I got another error message concerning my graphics driver saying a problem could ve occurred because a graphics driver is missing Yet the program GPU Tweak that was installed with the disk says that everything s up-to-date When I try to update manually it says the sam thing This computer was not expensive I can post exact specs when I can get back into it and maybe some pics Specs Not listed is a terabyte of memory blu-ray burner and and an msi Z -G Gaming motherboard I have a strong internet connection and am using a DVI port for the monitor I have ruled out the monitor as the problem Before I said the PC was NOT expensive I meant NOT cheap I spent around on the parts nbsp

A:New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem?

Looking at the screen shot of GPU-Z it appears you are running a AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA drivers. I would suggest downloading the latest drivers from AMD: AMD Catalyst Omega Drivers 14.12. Then go into your control panel and completely uninstall the amd catalyst from your computer. Once completed, you may need to reboot the computer. After reboot, install the newest drivers from the link I posted above. Do so and then try again to produce same error results. Let us know if it works or not so we can try other options, or resolve the issue.
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello there I finally have all the parts for my brand new PC today I decided to start putting it together but ran into a problem before getting too far into with Confused I/O my shield Gigabyte it Basically I installed the I O shield but it seems to have certain quot holes quot blocked off completely by a thin metal flap It seems to Confused with my Gigabyte I/O shield be removable but because these parts are all literally brand new I thought I would post-pone my build til tomorrow and get a second opinion on this - just to be extra safe and make sure I do this correctly Also on the back-side where the hole for the ethernet is there is a flimsy metal strip protruding downwards into the case It seems like it would possibly collide with the port or go into it Here are some pics to quot show quot you why I m confused my whole build is on hold until I figure out what to do here http I imgur com Bkc O O jpg http I imgur com gSWVkWq jpg http I imgur com fgDEwwe jpg Motherboard in question is http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp ignorebbr Case in question is quot Cooler Master Elite quot http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I m eager to finish my build by this weekend for some gaming - Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Confused with my Gigabyte I/O shield

Occasionally you have to make adjustments the I/O shield when you install it. It has happened to me before but it's not a big deal. You will have to remove the round port holes in order to allow the antenna ports to poke through. For whatever reason they neglected to do so at the factory but for your model motherboard you will have to punch them out. As for the other "tab" thing the metal is springy so you can either bend or pull the tab up slightly to clear the USB port or, when installing the motherboard at a slight angle, you can slide USB port in from underneath the tab and then up and push it home toward the back. I hope that wasn't too confusing.
Relevancy 36.98%

A few days ago my laptop started doing something weird - I would watch a video on YouTube or browsing the internet when my screen would glitch out and then I am not able to do anything. Most of the times the laptop will keep on running but the screen is frozen. Yesterday I even got blue screen after that happening.

Those are the specifications. I am using Windows 7 Proffesional. My GPU is Nvidia Geforce 525M 2GB + The the graphics card that comes with the processor

A:Laptop screen glitches

What antivirus program are you running?
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.
Relevancy 31.82%

I recently bought a new computer already put together by experts which arrived and I continued to install get to grips with it I was very happy and it was completely silent Then out of nowhere the second day of owning it from the moment I turned it on in the morning the fans inside were incredibly noisy and have not stopped being this noisy since regardless of rebooting changing settings as to when they come on or anything I know it is not because the CPU has reached fan/cooling my on about Confused PC a certain temperature as Confused about fan/cooling on my PC it is literally as soon as I turn it on and besides I can see the temperature is not too hot I don t understand why they are suddenly so noisy and making Confused about fan/cooling on my PC so much noise it has baffled me I have tried everything I could Confused about fan/cooling on my PC think of short of opening the case and seeing just what the f is going on and which fan exactly it is - but this is my next step short of any informative insight others can provide I am fairly confident I should note that it is not an obstruction with the fan itself as it is a consistent unwavering and whirring sound Any light that can be shed on this why is it suddenly making so much noise and preferably how to fix it would be greatly appreciated as at the moment it can be heard from other rooms in the house Thanks Specs ZG - TL Zaward Golf Ball Fan mm Corsair Edition GS W Power Supply KFA GeForce GTX TI EX GB Gfx Card Gigabye Z MX-D H Intel Z DDR Micro ATX Motherboard Alpenfohn Panorama CPU Cooler Intel Core i k GHz Processor GB SSD TB HDD GB RAM Lian Li PC-V B Mini-Tower Case nbsp

A:Confused about fan/cooling on my PC

Well, it depends on what fan is spinning up honestly. Since I'm assuming there is no fan controller, it's probably a bios setting that's changed for whatever reason or something to that extent.

I would check the bios fan settings and see what they are all set to.
Relevancy 22.36%

So basicly the title says it I have my cooler master case w o the side window and ive been wanting to add some more fans to it I was wondering how much would if benefit if I added more side fans mm as in cooler temperatures for my pc mainly I want to add these to the case will I benefit from them at all http www coolermaster com product Detail cooling case-fan sickleflow-x-non-led html or with the led probably and another question I have my cpu which is oced to and the temps arent that hot as I never rly go that intesive unless im playing cpu bound games like gw in the heavy parts on wvw I was wondering if there was a good air cooler for my intel i - k it currently runs on but I w/o window Cooler Master 431 Side Cooling wish Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling to push it abit more could u list some good air coolers on the euro margin the hyper evo is in my mind but will it be enough nbsp

A:Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling

That is a good cooler, but I personally like at your budget range the Thermaltake CLP0575 Frio

But either will do you fine for 4.0ghz on a 3570k

As for more airflow, adding more fans can help, but make sure to just focus on having a good overall flow through the case which will be a huge benefit in general.
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows of a good mod guide, or has even done a 500R window mod. I mean replacing the mesh and putting in a window. If you could guide me towards something decent I would appreciate that.

A:Corsair 500R side panel window mod is great for hardware mods.
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.
Relevancy 22.79%

Hell o folks I m new to this site but liked the help that people were getting here so I joined the forum I have a windows trailing problem with some flashing white screen When I size down a window to move it across the screen it has a string of windows following it anywhere from to then they clear up after coming to a stop Some times trailing Window I get a flashing white screen while moving the window I have replaced the drivers and Window trailing even downloaded the ones from this site but still have the problem I have had the graphics card Window trailing replaced along with the monitor The laptop is only about yrs old I have worked with the Dell tech support but the problem still exist Following are my laptop specs Studio Windows Bit Q Ghz gig hard drive gig Ram ATI Radeon HD DirectX A I can still work in the computer but it s annoying to have the screen flash at times and have the windows leave a trail of itself while moving them around Thanks for your time Dan nbsp

A:Window trailing

If you have a valid windows key and disk I would recommend putting a fresh install of windows on it. Should clear everything up. Sounds like something is using a lot of your memory ie. spyware.
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.
Relevancy 32.25%

I recently received an AOC e2243Fwk LED Monitor and it has a DVI Connection, so does my graphic card which is a GeForce 8400GS DDR2 512MB PCI from PNY Technologies and I would like to use a DVI Cable, but I have seen two kind of DVI cables and before I order anything from Amazon I would like to make sure which one I should get.

If anyone could link me to a good DVI Cable that will work with my monitor and graphic card, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you.

A:Confused about DVI and DVI-D

they seem to be exactly the same, just a different name but you only need a DVI cable for the graphics and monitor
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this the right forum, but here goes. This has just started happening. Whichever window I have open, once I close the window I have the imprint of the window on the next window I open or on the desktop if no window is open. There are also vertical lines down the screen like you get on a TV set that are very pronounced. I have an ATI Radeon 4800HD series card running the lates drivers on a WINXP Pro system. I've tried going through all the setting but still can't get this to disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Background shadows from previous open window

its either the graphics card or monitor that is slowly dieing, but from the windows staying open issue i would put my money on the GPU being the issue, do you have onboard graphics on your motherboard? if so take out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard one
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.
Relevancy 22.36%

I have Dell inspiron 535s it was running well at 800mhz with 2gb of ram(1
+1) .when I installed 4gb ddr2 800 mhz (2+2)it ran at 667 mhz and window showed 3.25gb usable Ram.There is no way I can correct it from BIOS as I didn't find any option of memory remapping or overclocking it.Is there any way I could raise the speed of my Ram and also Raise it to 4gb usable???By the way I am running win7 ultimate.

A:Window detects 3.25GB RAM when I installed 4GB

First, your system only showing usable memory at 3.25GB is perfectly correct. You cannot do anything about that unless you use 64bit windows.

I suspect that the new memory you have fitted has a higher voltage rating and is therefore running at a lower clock speed. Check the voltage rating on the manufacturer's site and then make the adjustment in the Bios.
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all As per title I m kind of confused - I decided with Crysis out now and still being unsure as to what GPUs to go for I d just plop for a GTX GB for now safe in the knowledge I ll easily be able to sell it on later So I recieved it earlier Its a Gainwood GTX GB GS Golden Sample version So I uninistalled the current nVidia drivers and then rebooted without internet connected and then ran drivesweeper to remove all traces of GPU drivers I then turned off computer and removed the GTX and fitted the new GTX - Rebooted then downloaded a new copy 460 worse GTX 1GB GTX My Rather confused than is - 280? of the latest stable and installed it then rebooted once install was completed Once installed I then fired up L D and it threw up a warning box saying it didn t recognise my card and therefore couldn t guarantee it works perfectly I thought it was odd but double checked and the card is configured fine and recognised Rather confused - My GTX 460 1GB is worse than GTX 280? as a gTX So I started it up again and then set Rather confused - My GTX 460 1GB is worse than GTX 280? the video settings to full max at x It held the very same FPS as the Rather confused - My GTX 460 1GB is worse than GTX 280? GTX - It never moves from that which I ve always thought was odd given its up and down nonstop in other games Anyway I then fired up TF set it up exactly as before max settings x full AA and the other one next to it ma and started playing I m average FPS during gameplay The GTX manages - with the same detail and load in fact the settings are absolutely identical I ve even swapped them back around twice to confirm the FPS is correct So my GTX is actually faster at max settings x How can this be Is my CPU LGA Intel Core Quad Q GHz enough to bottleneck the GTX GPU I personally thought I d need to be hitting a HD xx to hit a bottle neck I really don t get whats going on or whether this should be right or not Every bone in my body says the GTX should be better but everything I try its slower at than the GTX Spec is in my profile but is Asus Maximus-Extreme mobo Q OCZ gold GB DDR - which I d have thought is more than enough to handle the full power of a GTX Oh PSU is a - month old Corsair HX so plenty fine enough for both cards Any advice would be thoroughly appreciated as right now I m really not sure if these results are correct or whether I have some issue or something Might just return the GPU if it makes such little difference tbh nbsp

A:Rather confused - My GTX 460 1GB is worse than GTX 280?

I'd be surprised if LFD2 didn't have a config file somewhere with MaxFPS = 60 or similar. Worth checking out. Other than that I thought the 4XX fermi series cards were basically cooler, less power hungry versions of the 2XX fermi ones. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't that much different in performance.

In fact Tomshardware gpu chart for LFD2 shows the 1GB 460 only about 5 fps faster than the 1GB 280, although I think the source engine stuff does use CPU a lot so that might be a more limiting factor than the card. Looking at BF2 it looks like it's within 5 fps difference too. I think you've sidegraded to a quieter, cooler card with not much different performance

Although you do now have a DX11 card. Buy another 460 and SLI them (or return the card).

Should have posted here first before buying it
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys,

Just got myself an Asus N71J for Xmas, was running fine until this morning. Running windows 7 64bit, anyways I was able to play games and surf on Aero fine (Left 4 Dead 2, Eve, CoD), then this morning it starts to bug up. Little coloured squares appear everywhere under aero, they're absent if I turn off aero. If I try to play any form of game the display driver fails (windows recorgnizes it) and I have to turn the game off. I've removed all the display drivers and put up to date ones, done the same with Directx to no avail. Short of formatting there's not much left for me to do on the software end, but I really dont think that's the issue. I'm pretty sure the Radion HD5730 is dying on me but would like to see what you guys think. Cheers!

A:Asus N71J graphics glitches

Go to the Asus support website and download the video driver for your model laptop. Windows Update might find hardware updates automatically. Just because the laptop is new, this doesn't mean it has the latest updates installed. If you have no luck with this, return the laptop or have it serviced under warranty
Relevancy 22.36%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?
Relevancy 30.96%

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I need to aquire a replacement ac adapter for my Canon 8600F scanner. My problem is the label on the faulty adapter appears to have sets of specifications. How do I determine the correct specs for the replacement. I'm at a loss. Below is crude drawing of the label. Can anyone help?

A:Confused by power supply requirements

Take that to Radio shack and they should fix you up.
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello all I I dive newbie bit the take Overclocking should if confused a am new to the forums and have a question Right now I seem to be at an impasse I have never overclocked before but ever Overclocking newbie a bit confused if I should take the dive since hearing about it have wanted to try it But before I do I have several quick questions Right now I am runing a Dell mobo so I would need to buy a new one in order to OC from the bios I already have one picked out but I also do want to get myself a Razar Naga mouse and I can only get one or the other at the moment so I want to make sure I make an informed choice The CPU I am currently running is a Wolfdale E ghz which is its stock speed I upgraded from the stock dell processor that came with my Inspirion s and noticed a big difference But what I am wondering is how big a difference overclocking will actually make Right now I mainly play WoW and from what I understand it is more Overclocking newbie a bit confused if I should take the dive CPU intensive then GPU so I figured that a slight overclock would be pretty beneficial with the new expansion coming and upgrades visually to certain parts of the game I want to run it was smoothly as possible on my budget I do say a slight overclock because I have never done so before and dont want to get out of hand From what I understand the CPU I have is a great overclocker but I dont know if my expectations are too high since my knowledge of overclocking is trivial So to summarize do you think that overclocking may be beneficial in my position and if so how much might I need to overclock to see any real gains in a game like WoW that relies more in the CPU Or should I probably not worry about it since I have an alright cpu and dont play anything too modern like Crysis and instead spend my money on that Razar I have my eyes on Thanks in advance for any answers nbsp

A:Overclocking newbie a bit confused if I should take the dive

i wouldn't bother, that processor is plenty capable for what you need it for... so why risk it?

overclocking is, by all means, not a difficult procedure but if you're new i would advise you to do some searching for a similar configuration and see what each setting does. there are quite a few message boards besides TS that specialize in OC configurations and support. please keep in mind that your cooling system plays one of the biggest (if not the biggest) roles in overclocking, so read up on different cooling options as well if you plan on giving it a try.
Relevancy 27.09%

I received an email from PowerColor on their 5-mini-displayport card that stated that if I wanted to drive 2560x1600 monitors, I could only do a max of 3 because I would use up all the displayport "channels". I thought the card would drive 5 monitors at 2560x1600.

Can someone explain to me how to calculate maximum "channels" or whatever the tech meant when he said that?

Thanks for any help.
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi.. I'm a normal gamer and i need to know about the total gaming and video performance and benchmarks for Nvidia Geforce 9400GT(1GB DDR2) and 9500GT(512MB DDR3)/(1GB DDR2/V2)/(1GB DDR2).

The brands available in my area are ASUS/ZOTAC/Pallit/Galaxy. The most available are ASUS and ZOTAC.

Please give me the perfect details and the models.

And i need the similar graphic cards on ATI also. My estimate is around $64 to $74.

Motherbord: ASUS Crosshair III Formula
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 (3.0GHz)

A:I'm confused, GeForce 9400GT or 9500GT?

Here's Nvidia's comparison page: Relatively speaking, neither one of them is any good. The 9400GT card is only half as fast as the 9500GT, which by my math, makes it twice as "not any good" as the 9500GT. So, I would strike the 9400 from my "things to buy" list altogether.

If you're anywhere near serious about gaming, I would say that a GT 240 card would be entry level. That would be better than the 9600GT chipset, which Nvidia no longer shows in their comparisons.

I'm not as familiar with the current ATI card line up, maybe one of their fanbois can point you to an equivalent card.
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey there Mildly tech savvy Metrologist stuck trying to reformat my laptop I don t know the specifics of my motherboard or any other hardware i have in my laptop for that matter yea its one of those guys But i do know that i am trying to wipe XP off of my laptop and play around with other OS capabilities Here is where i run into a problem I originally tried erasing it through Linux it being my C drive hell just accessing it through Linux but to no avail The next step was to download and create a dos boot CD That worked but Murphy is an and it seems that i can only see the drive that the boot disk is on so my CD I am assuming my hard my a computer out window Dos boot drive is a format DOS can not read which leaves me stuck wondering Dos boot my computer out a window how i go about the task of brutally murdering my windows software Thank you for your time and patience Paintertexas nbsp

A:Dos boot my computer out a window

Be sure you are booting to the CD, almost any CD with an operating system on it, or a format program.

Once you reach that CD, you should find you can remove the partition or format the partition, unless your optical drive has gone bad.

Or go on line and search for one of the free partition managers to remove the partition,

Then use your operating system Cd to create a new partition, then format the partition.
Relevancy 32.25%

Greetings everyone I have a few questions some help :) need Very and confused to put before the House and thank you all very much in advance First my specs which I think will help with the questions Windows -bit i - OC to ASUS P P D PRO Very confused and need some help :) motherboard Radeon Ghz Antec PSU GB DDR Mhz memory CPU-Z hows more core speed at Mhz multiplier x with a bus speed of Mhz I have my system OC in BIOS to Ghz I also have Intel s speed step and turbo boost enabled Is there any way to calculate or make CPU-Z show my OC Under the memory tab in CPU-Z is lists the Channels as quot Single quot But I have dual-channel capability with my mobo and I swear I have the two memory sticks in exactly where the instructions say to place them Is it possible CPU-Z simply Very confused and need some help :) isn t correctly identifying dual channel Should I try the Very confused and need some help :) other slots instead of the I m using now DRAM frequency In BIOS when I OC to Ghz I get choices for DRAM settings one of which is Mhz and that s what I ve been using But when I look at OC guides instructions they opt to choose a lower Mhz like or something like that Should I be using a lower Mhz too Registry cleaner Can anyone recommend a good -- free -- registry cleaner I liked RegCure a lot but can no longer afford it My system has been totally stable and is great for gaming It seems to me quite fast but I just noticed these possible issues and so I m looking for all of your thoughts Thanks everyone who responded to my past postings re my OC and temps which reassured me that mid to upper s are just fine THANKS AGAIN nbsp

A:Very confused and need some help :)

1. CPU-Z hows more core speed at 1446.0 Mhz, multiplier x 9.0, with a bus speed of 160.7 Mhz. I have my system OC in BIOS to 3.3 Ghz. I also have Intel's speed step and turbo boost enabled. Is there any way to calculate or make CPU-Z show my OC?Click to expand...

Put your CPU on load.

2. Under the memory tab in CPU-Z is lists the Channels as "Single." But I have dual-channel capability with my mobo, and I swear I have the two memory sticks in exactly where the instructions say to place them. Is it possible CPU-Z simply isn't correctly identifying dual channel? Should I try the other 2 slots instead of the 2 I'm using now?Click to expand...

I forgot why but I think thats normal.

3. DRAM frequency: In BIOS, when I OC to 3.3 Ghz, I get 3 choices for DRAM settings, one of which is 1600 Mhz, and that's what I've been using. But when I look at OC guides/instructions, they opt to choose a lower Mhz, like 1333 or something like that. Should I be using a lower Mhz too?Click to expand...

Only if you want it to run slower.
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I have a problem with as far as i can see my graphics It starts with the flickering screen every time i try to run either Call of duty MW or Battlefield Bad Company In Cod the screen flickers just as the map starts and it last for - seconds before it levels out This happens every time a new map loads Now in BBC however the problem gets worse I had the same problem here but lately the game has started to freeze up on me resulting in a completely no access situation for me i have to manually shut down the computer All other functions work just fine web browsing other programs etc Here s my specs Asus and lost problems) graphic (severe Confused p q motherboard with Intel eaglelake p chipset Bios ami Quadcore Intel core Quad q cpu ddr - sdram x Ati Radeon HD mb running with DX Monitor Dell slimthroat quot crt generic pnp First i tried all the normal stuff Dusting checking the cables upgrading the display drivers etc with no effect I did a memory test using memtest Everything was fine I did a stress test with Everest cpu core v v v In the end i thought i d try a graphic stress test using D mark Now the irony here is that after about seconds into the test the screen started flickering again and guess what it turned all black froze up on me and i Confused and lost (severe graphic problems) once again i had to manually shut down the computer - I m kind of lost as to what the problem could Confused and lost (severe graphic problems) be Does anyone recognize this or have a clue as to what my problem might be Note I should mention that when using Sony vegas the rendering of a project seems to create the same problems and when using Particle Illusion i get it too almost as bad as when playing BBC nbsp

A:Confused and lost (severe graphic problems)

What PSU are you using? For how long have you been experiencing these issues?

Ati Radeon 4850 HD 512 mb running with DX11Click to expand...

The HD 4850 is not DX11 capable.
Relevancy 35.69%

After purchasing and installing Dead Space for my computer I found out it didn t work So I updated my graphic card drivers like most support suggests It didn t help the game working issue but brought some more problems to the pot I didn t know where to find the drivers for radeon pro mb so I ended using the windows automatic update for the drivers It download and installed something and Ati glitches Cursor Radeon 128mb 9800 with Pro and corruption since then the mouse cursor and the small box that closes the window have started to glitching The mouse cursor has black stripes drawn over it Also in games there are lots of small graphical errors and glitches while there was none before I have tried uninstalling the drivers installing new ones installing old ones and messed a lot with it Only thing that helps is reducing the hardware acceleration from full to one notch before Doing that fixes it in the desktop but messes Cursor corruption and glitches with Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb up the games After uninstalling the drivers the glitches are gone until windows automatically installs some drivers Changing the cursors enabling cursor shadow or trails also fixes the cursor problems but doesn t help the game ones Any help is very very much appreciated Sorry for the wall of text too nbsp

A:Cursor corruption and glitches with Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

I don't think your old card meets the minimum requirements of the game. Further, since ATI has stopped supporting that card with drivers, you will mess up your graphics if you try to use the most current ones. Use Catalyst version 9.3 or older. That card was top of the line in its day but time has passed it by.
Relevancy 32.25%

I've searched the forum and read the Graphic card sticky by cfitzarl , but all I find is conflicting info.
I want to install the new driver for my HD 4850
Some posts say to uninstall via add/remove in control panel.
Others say to boot into safe mode and remove the driver via device manager.
My confusion also stems from the fact that all I see in control panel is Catalyst Install Manager --not Catalyst Control Center.
The recommended download on Techspot leads to a page which contains a Catalyst Suite.
Before I mess up my computer, by failing to uninstall the necessary things, I'm hoping will reply.
Should I do the following:
1) Download the new Catalyst Suite
2)Uninstall Catalyst Install Manager
3) Uninstall the video card driver in device manager--and do I have to boot into safe mode in order to do so
4) Install the new Catalyst Suite

A:Now I'm confused

All you need to do is remove the ATI Display Driver from the Add/Remove programs and Catalyst Install Manager should run. Now it's just a matter of selecting which components to remove from your system. You shouldn't have to remove Catalyst Install Manager but I would update to the latest version of CCC (Catalyst Control Center) when you remove the existing display drivers. You don't need to do anything in safe mode.
Relevancy 37.41%

hello im runnin a evga 680i sli mobo (p32 bios)with 2 evga 8800 gtx in sli. well my system boots up fine runs normally fine, but some games now are running a little then crashing, and i had the blue screen of death 2 times while running a game. any suggestions. oh also i just changed my ram too fron kingston hyperx pc 6400 to pc 8500.

A:First time sli, having a few glitches

well i think i may have it fixed allready just from reviewing a few posts.see i updated my video driver a few days ago and just today i installed the second card for sli. so i uninstalled my driver and reinstalled it and so far so good. ill post again if this problem starts again for help thanks.
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Dell Dimension E310 and a friend of mines has a WinFast PX8600 GT TDH unopened Graphics Card he wanted to give me. I know that the Dimension has a Intergrated one and that it is built in the system. I can't play and good games with it and I was wondering if this card would install on my Dell in the PCI Slot. Can someone help me out here?

A:So I have a graphics card and I'm confused

No your system doesn't have the correct type of slot to upgrade to a PCIe x16 video card. All it has is 2 pci slots and a PCI Express x1 slot which is pci express but not the right type.
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello, Im planning to buy a new VGA to my computer. Currently I have INNO3d 8500GT 512mb. Im an avid fan of Red Alert 3 and somehow I wanted to play it on ultra high settings, with my current VGA i can only play it on medium settings.

im planning to buy a 9500gt 1gb. Do you think it can handle the ultra high settings for RA3? and what is the difference when I use 9500gt 512mb?

obviously 9500gt 512mb is more cheaper than 9500gt 1gb. does the 512mb and 1gb counts? or should i go for 9500gt 512mb since it can handle the graphics just as i wanted it?

am really not good at this, hope you can give suggestions to me..

A:Confused on what to buy VGA

The extra ram is for a high resolution settings. That is if you actually have a monitor that's 22" or higher. It does help with the extra bells and whistles graphics wise.
Relevancy 30.96%

Ok I built this computer about months ago It has ASUS P K premium MB Intel Q CPU Corsair HX PSU will all. confused Completely Computer not POST at x Corsair GB DDR MB GeForce This build ran like a dream and stable for about months After months I replaced the case fans because they were too loud The new fans draw exactly the same Voltage Amps so there should be no problem there The system continued to run fine with no heat issues or anything else About a month later I turned it on and it just hung with all the fans spinning but would not POST I turned it off turned it back on and it started fine It started doing this on a regular basis Computer will not POST at all. Completely confused and I checked my components and all of them seemed fine Eventually it did the same thing but would Computer will not POST at all. Completely confused not ever start up no matter how many times I turned it off on I removed the memory and got the quot no bad Computer will not POST at all. Completely confused memory quot beeps Since the memory itself is fine I assumed a bad memory controller I RMA d the motherboard under this problem and when the new one came back I built it back up and everything worked fine Within a week the problem returned so I assumed the MoBo had been shot once more I let ASUS know and they sent me an entirely new MB I installed it and the system simply will not POST It just hangs for as long as I let it with all the fans drives spinning I checked my PSU and all of its rails are putting out the correct voltage I checked my graphics card in a friend s computer and no issue there Is my CPU shot I don t see how it could fail so fast when I was keeping it nice and cool the whole time There are no shorts in the case it does this out of the case as well and all jumpers are in the proper position Anyone have any idea wtf is going on here nbsp

A:Computer will not POST at all. Completely confused

I'd say Power Supply

Here's the No Post guide, as BenchTesting with all cards out would be best
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok so i m looking to update the Confused about RAM RAM for my computer I Confused about RAM m having a problem deciding on the RAM I should get as I have no idea the difference between the i m looking at Option A Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Brand Kingston Series ValueRAM Model KVR AK GR Type -Pin DDR SDRAM Tech Spec Capacity GB x GB Speed DDR PC Cas Latency Timing - - Voltage V Heat Spreader No Option B Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC System Memory Brand Kingston Series ValueRAM Model KVR X C AK G Type -Pin DDR SDRAM Tech Spec Capacity GB x GB Speed DDR PC Cas Latency Voltage V What is the difference between these One says quot Dual Channel Desktop quot and the other just quot System Memory quot The later costs about extra Keep in mind that all I really do on my Dell Dimension is audio recording making my own cd s using multitracking So in knowing that I run recording software along with music notation software which of these two would be better for what I do I m just not sure of the difference Thanks nbsp

A:Confused about RAM

There really isnt too much of a difference but i would go for the first one, since its cheaper and you mabey are on a budget, but you will love the upgrade. Enjoy.
Relevancy 22.36%

ok so ive googled yahood asked jeeves then strangled him from my frustration a also tried the nvidia forums but (video out it card) window the to About throw no avail at least here people actually look at your problem About to throw it out the window (video card) using a Nvidia Geforce GFX Im trying to set About to throw it out the window (video card) it up so i can watch movies from my computer on my tv Id prefer rather than a multi-display to have a cloned display cant happen either way yet So while trying to get the full view on my tv start bar and such i can only get the upper left corner so i wait it out and it reverts back to my monitor where i can see everything I tried adjusting the resolution for my tvs settings but still the same area shows up My tv is not a flat panel or hd it is however a quot im guessing sony projection tv im trying to run s-video from my pc into Any ideas or should i do as the title says Thanksss i dunno wtf i did but i also managed to get a blue screen of About to throw it out the window (video card) doom when i restarted with and without svideo plugged in so atm im using onboard nbsp

A:About to throw it out the window (video card)

Can you provide a little more info on your complete system specs? Nvidias NVIEW software may be needed to properly configure this card for dual displays. 1024x768 is the maximum TV resolution
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread:
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello everyone. I just bought an XFX 9800GT & to my dismay, it didn't run smoothly as i thought it would be. Games, websites ctd. All because of my low wattage psu. It didn't occur to me to change the psu when using the latest gfx cards because it came with a 6 pin to dual molex connector, so i thought it would be okay. I've done some research on looking for psu's & found to look for the amps as well. Now i don't know just how much i amps i need. I've selected 3 options from my local store, a Coolermaster Real Power Pro 550w with 25amps & two unknown brands which i`ve never heard before both at 500w with one at 27amps & the other at 30amps. All which fits under my budget of 100 bucks. Please advise. Thanks.

A:Dazed & Confused.. of which PSU

What are the other two brands?

And PSUs do not affect performance in any way other than causing crashes or BSODs. So try using the latest drivers and checking if the poor performance is not due to any other component.
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)
Relevancy 19.35%

Yup, it's that crazy Moose again.

And this time I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a plexiglass window for the left side of my case. It's an eMachines T3958.

And no I will not use a chainsaw, as I'm sure some will recommend!

Was wondering if there's anybody who already has done this, and if they'd offer some pointers about what and WHAT NOT to do. Best kind of plexi?

I don't wanna just start cutting away with some tin snips, then hope I come out with something that looks good.

LED fans are like $4 from newegg. I'd like to mount one of those someplace too!

Or maybe four? lol

A:Best way to make a "window" for case?

Have you thought about a razor box cutter? Or even a glass cutter.
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey I am confused by the terminologies Dual Core and Core 2 Duo, can someone please tell me something (not so technical) about the two CPUs? Some sales person in a PC shop told me that Core 2 Duo has chips? cores while a dual core has 2 chips? Is this informations right? Someone please reply as I am planning to upgrade from my ancient Pentium 4 machine to a new one and would like to get as much bang for my cash. Thanks.

A:Confused - Dual Core and Core 2 Duo

From what I can make out they are both the same. Intel set out to confuse everyone by the Core 2 Duo thing while AMD just called it dual core. I have 2 computers. One running Core2Duo and the other an AMD dual core. A diagnostics program refers to each as having 2 CPU's
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a dell vostro slim tower and am looking to get a graphics card to be able to run dual monitors I want to use my lcd monitor as one and my lcd tv as my second monitor I am only going to be using this computer to play poker on so a gaming graphics Confused with do to about what card card is not necessary just something so that when I hook the pc up to my television I get clear resolution I also Confused about what to do with graphics card know that I need a low profile card to be able to fit into my tower I am having a hard time however finding a card that works Confused about what to do with graphics card at or less than W on the power supply That is all my Confused about what to do with graphics card computer is and I know it would be a pain to replace the power supply in a slim tower For what its worth I am looking to be able to hook up the lcd monitor using VGA and I will be looking to hook up to the tv through a DVI output If this would not be possible can someone tell me what will happen if anything if I just buy a card that runs at W when my max power is that Is worst comes to worse I would also be willing to just get a card to be able to use my television as the only monitor but that is a last resort And if anyone knows how I could upgrade the power supply in a dell slim tower I d appreciate that too if no cards will work without upgrading the power supply I would say I m willing to spend up to I d like to stay under cuz I m a poor college student -Austin nbsp

A:Confused about what to do with graphics card

If PCI, buy this:

Relevancy 31.82%

my system shows up "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz" but it shows this twice on device manager?
Does this mean that i have 6.40GHz worth of processing power?

A:Two processors, quite confused

all the newer p4s use hyper-threading to simulate 2 cores but its not very useful. no you only have one core running at 3.2 ghz
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all.

I must use vista for now for playing my games.

So,i use him too for listen music cause i don't want reboot any time I want to switche music/games.

But i've got problem with Vista for lostening .mp3 files.

In any player,wmp11,foobar2000,winamp,vlc,my music is glitch(i don't know how to tell that on english^^)the sound make "trrrr" sometime,it's really boring.

I've Vista sp1,openAL updated.

My rig:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
1.5Gb ram
320go hard drive
terratec aureon fun 5.1 sound card
ATI HD 3650 agp

If someone know fix for the prob,i'm happy to know it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Sound glitches Vista

Try a different CD or a set of differnet songs!
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey guys, i'm new here and must say i'm impressed with the community. Very helpful!

I am hoping to install an 8800 GT, and I am quite sure my PSU is adequate, but i would like to make sure. Here are the PSU specs:

450 WATT

+5V // -5V // +12V // -12V // +3.3V // +5VSB
36A // 0.3A // 18A // 0.8A // 31A //// 2.0A

Now i have read places that some people run the card slightly underpowered... They say it doesn't affect anything, but i would rather have the minimum or better, nothing less.

Is this PSU powerful enough?

A:Little confused with voltage rails

No help? Please guys, i really want to know!
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread:
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !
Relevancy 31.39%

Ok, some of the PSUs that ive been looking at have been saying 12V V2.01 and honestly, i don't care what it means, but i just want to know if these types PSU's will be needed for this Mobo/Video card

Mobo (Can't link stuff yet, havent posted 5 times yet )

Video Card
ASUS EN8800GT/G/HTDP/512M GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

A:Kind of confused with something written on some PSU

This is your motherboard right? Yes the 8800GT will work. The 12v 2.01 means 2 12 volt rails

Be sure to buy a good strong quality power supply for this new system. Something around 600 watts will do
Relevancy 21.93%

I downloaded a couple of arcade game demos from Kraisoft very good actually but the problem is that they only appear in a smallish box in the middle of my screen There are no options in the game menu to go to full screen mode I sent an e-mail to Kraisoft about it and they sent me back a brief reply saying quot The problem with the games running not in full-screen mode is typically caused by multi-monitor out settings of video card You may need to open display properties choose quot Advanced quot in Attributes tab and adjust monitor out settings to turn multi-monitor out of quot What does that mean I went to Display Settings Advanced and there are a lot of tabs there but I don t know which ones to open window on screen Games small only laptop my in a tweak I have XP Home One box shows a diagram of two screens named and Only is activated It is set at x or something similar That s the maximum screen resolution available when I m using the computer normally The non-activated screen is set at x much smaller anyway Why do I have two screen options at all As must be obvious from this post I m rather lost so if anyone could provide a few simple instructions on how to get the games to play in full screen I d be really grateful Thanks nbsp

A:Games only open in a small window on my laptop screen

Most laptops have a SVGA (video) output to connect to a projector for presentations, or to a monitor (so you dont have to stare at the laptop screen when at home). Typically to disable, you should be able to go into the display settings (where you see the two monitors), click on the secondary monitor, and select disable. Otherwise, you must click advanced, and locate the option to disable the secondary output (typically a check box).

You should be able to contact your system manufacturer for specific information and steps. Otherwise, please provide the model number of the laptop.
Relevancy 31.82%

which of these cards is better for gamming im confused cuz the 9800 is cheaper than the 8800 ultra and i heard the 9800 is the best please explain.

EVGA 8800 Ultra 768MB
Relevancy 31.39%

on internet explorer and firefox.. after trying to listen to something on wikipedia i needed to download a java thing on there so i did and then noticed later all my images became blurry there after.... tried system restore.. and i got firefox to see if it wasnt just IE... now i have no idea wuts left for me to do... every single kind of image is blurry and ****ed up.. except basic text.. on the internet... most of the logos are screwed up and stuff like this websites... need HELP.. also.. im on a vista and never had a prob before and i was using IE 7.. so im all updated... also my comp is high end so this is something wrong with the application or a setting

A:Pixelated images.. really confused

You have already tried a system restore, so now try and reload your video drivers. If you can supply your system specs, we can supply a location for the drivers for you... Is that fair?
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I ve Graphical Glitches in TF2 had TF for several months and love the game The problem however is that the game starts acting glitchy at random times Some of the maps display scattered textures so that its impossible to see I am unsure if its heat related but the fact that its random and not after a certain amount of time leads me to question that theory I have a screenshot of what im talking about in my gallery which should be linked here- http www techspot com gallery showphoto php photo amp cat Relevant System specs- Windows Graphical Glitches in TF2 XP Geforce gs various drivers tested Asrock Graphical Glitches in TF2 dual vsta mobo up-to-date drivers watt antec psu I have updated the videocard drivers periodically since the release of the game I also tried to get the nv tool that reads the gpu temperature however that program is buggy and doesn t display properly on my pc Please also note that this game was buggy even after a fresh installation of windows I have also checked the steam cache of files to make sure nothing was corrupt Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp
Relevancy 31.39%

OP Windows XP Video Card Nvidia GT Mobo MSI K N Neo -F Ram gb Bios Award phoenix bios d Power Supply w Apevia Beast Power I ve had this computer for years now and ive had problems everyonce in a while but they have been fixed The issue im having currently ive been having for the last or so months the computer would work fine for about to weeks and then one morning I went to turn it on and it gave me a beep signal of long beep and short beeps because I have an award bios I went 1 short... confused 2 so im long to go look it up on the internet and I found out that it was 1 long 2 short... im so confused a video problem so I switched out my video card and still no luck then I figured maybe it was a problem with my ram so I took that out one at a time and it still gave me the same long two short until there was no ram and I got the series of short beeps signaling no ram socketed someone said that the 1 long 2 short... im so confused power supply could be dead so I tried it with a different supply no luck the next thing I did was I took out my cpu for like or hours and then put it back in that seemed to do the trick for about a week but then it started happening again I tried that trick again but it hasn t worked the next thing I thought was that maybe my bios battery was old or something so I took it out for seconds and poped it back in as soon as I plugged the power cord back in it started up and gave me a normal beep signal I thought it was a miracle until I had to restart it after a restart it gave me the same long short again so now ive narrowed it down it cant be the video card it cant be the pci-e socket it cant be the cpu because it ran on that cpu fine for a while right it cant be the bios battery it cant be the power supply and it cant be the ram so that leads me tooo im not praying hard enough rofl im not sure what to do at this point if someone solves this issue they will be the tech guru of the year no one so far as been able to solve it so if anyone has any ideas on what this could be please PLEASE post something here this is a better summary of something I posted in the wrong forum P nbsp

A:1 long 2 short... im so confused

Yes I read that one too, when you posted it.

I was thinking that a temporary fix (we'll get to long term later) may be to remove the power cord, then hold in the power On switch for 30 secs, then re-insert the power cord, and turn on.

But, even if it works, it's temporary.

I wonder if you have tried updating your BIOS:
Not sure which PCB revision you have.

I wonder if you have tried removing the motherboard.
Now there's a really good reason for this (not just the obvious stuff that most know) but the board may be held in (securely) on a slight angle or bow (not bows and arrows; angles and bows!!)
This may also be the case for the CPU as well, the amount of pressure the Heatsink is attached to the board, can cause the motherboard to basically bend.
Which can then cause an intermittent video fault (on the PCI bus)

Well, there's my 2cents; try bench test
Relevancy 21.93%

I have been working on a (Text/Graphics) Contents Fit Some Programs of Don't in Software Window strangle problem on my wife s Gateway ROG with Windows XP service pack for quite some time Some programs do not fit inside of the windows For example the Epson printer software graphics and text are cut off by the right side Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window of the window of which they appear and the user can not see the entirety of Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window the contents and hence can not select and click much less see options on what should be the right side of the window SuperAnti-Spyware Free edition also does the same thing Apparently for whatever reason these two software programs display their contents inside a window differently than most other software programs which are not displayed correctly inside their respective windows Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window For the record this used not to be a problem I have tried re-installing the Epson printer software the printer works fine I have also tried removing and reinstalling the video device driver software This does not work either It is a ATI Mobility Radeon Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window

Could it be that your display resolutions are wrong?

i doubt it has anything to do with your epson software, since it happens with others..

The normal resolution you should keep your monitors at is to the highest supported by both monitor and graphics card. DPI however, can be altered, found under the advanced properties (display properties>Settings>Advanced..) of your graphics card. Try altering that to the Normal setting and see if it makes a difference..

have you also tried getting the latest software updates available for your graphics card and others you have problem with?
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys, so I have an HP Pavilion a1477c. There's something wrong with my motherboard and before I go out and get a new one, I was wondering, should I get a direct replacement motherboard from HP? or should I get an aftermarket motherboard? I'm not sure what I should do. I don't want to over pay for an HP motherboard if there are other (better) options out there for me. Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance!

A:Motherboard OEM replacement? or Aftermarket? So confused..

I'd find out if it is even available from HP and how much it costs before deciding. Good socket 939 motherboards are getting harder to find these days, aftermarket or otherwise, since 939 processors were discontinued awhile ago.
Relevancy 22.36%

My laptop was working fine then the other day I went to use it and it froze so I rebooted and got this message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM When I was finally able to get to the point where I could choose safemode this is what came up Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM ntoskrnl exe Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM hal dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM KDCOM DLL Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM BOOTVID dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system alt Then after a pause it would tell me to use the original disk to repair but that s not working I don t know what else to try but my financial files are there and I REALLY need those - don t care about the rest of it Is there something I will be able to do to regain access or some other way that the info will be able to be retrieved nbsp

A:HELP! Can't access Window XP even in safe mode

The laptops hard drive is probably bad. You will need to have a new drive installed and the OS (operating system) reloaded. Can you do this, or will you need to take the laptop to a repair shop? After the laptop is up and running again, there may be a way to retrive you data on the old drive, by placing the drive in an external USB laptop hard drive enclosure. Backing up those important financial files might be a good idea from now on. Can you recover them from your financial institution?
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all RAM PROBLEM I want to SLIGHTLY overclock my RAM Its MB DDR Mhz But I am confused how to do it Let me tell you the options available for RAM is my mobo s bios DRAM Timing a Auto b Turbo c Ultra d Manual DRAM CAS Latency DDR DDR current setting DRAM Bank Interleave -Way Precharge to active Trp T Active to Precharge Tras T Active to CMD Trd or Trcd T REF to ACT REF to REF Trfc T ACT to ACT Trrd T Read to Precharge Trtp T Write to Read CMD Twtr and Needed: Problem Confused CPU Help RAM - OCing - OCing T T Write Recovery Time Twr T DRAM Driving Normal High CPU PnP Setting gt DRAM Frequency Auto current Now which of these settng I need to change to overclock my RAM And by how much Problem With CPU My Processor is Pentium D Ghz Bus Speed x multiplier mhz Now when I slowly increase the BUS speed from to everything is fine Under stress too there is no problem But Help Needed: RAM OCing - Confused and CPU OCing - Problem as soon as I change the FSB to or higher my whole harddisk becomes corrupt I need to reinstall Windows again after this One time even WinXP setup was not running by booting with setup CD That time Help Needed: RAM OCing - Confused and CPU OCing - Problem I installed win k it ran and then installed XP After that incidence I have never OCed my CPU over Bus speed Now can u guess what may be causing this problem Thanks in advance Regards TheHacker nbsp

A:Help Needed: RAM OCing - Confused and CPU OCing - Problem

To slightly overclock your ram you'll need to set the dram timings to auto for now. As you speed up your FSB, your BIOS should automatically increase the memory timings to ensure stability. Set the dram frequency to 533 and then slowly increase the front side bus. After you have the FSB set you can then set the dram timings to manual and tighten your memory timings one at a time and then test for stability.

As far as your hard drive is concerned, it sounds like when you increased the FSB frequency your South Bridge frequency also increased. South Bridge devices (like your hard drive controller card) don't usually respond well to an increase in speed, so the card scrambled your hard drive. There should be a South Bridge lock in your BIOS. Your South Bridge should remain at 100MHz if it's a PCI-E based SB or 33MHz if it's a PCI based SB.

Now I may be completely wrong about your hard drive problem. Your processor could have over heated and caused the same thing; your memory could have spazzed and caused the same thing.

Honestly there are far to many variables to be able to help you at your current level of knowledge, and I don't know much if anything about overclocking DDR2. You need to read as much as you can about overclocking. Then start slowly and overclock you processor. Pull back and overclock your memory. Find out what will be your limiting factor (either your processor, memory or motherboard) and set up your BIOS to run as fast as possible with stability.
Relevancy 37.41%

Im confused about what causes frame overlap(when you start to see clear lines in textures because your graphics card puts out more frames than refresh rate limit on your monitor). I've been getting this wierd graphical problem and have tried things like v-sync, but i just cant seem to get rid of all these extra textures. Whats even more wierd is the fact that my framerate rarely exceeds my monitor's refresh rate, so i am not suppossed to be seeing these clear lines. Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can fix this?
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi whenever I turn on the computer and the bootscreen appears, funny lines and flashes appear. When Windows loads up, lines appear across the screen. If I open a game those glitches still don't go away. I tried to find the latest update for a RADEON 9800 PRO driver for Windows XP but can't find one.. here are some pictures -

I tried reinstalling my driver from a CD but after reinstallation when Windows loads up, the computer freezes and I can only access on Safe Mode so I did a system restore and now I'm still stuck like this..

So my final question is..

How the hell do I fix this?
If I need to update my driver where can I find the right update? (I've been searching ages and I'm not sure which one I need..)

A:Glitches on Boot screen and Windows

Well you might need to try download driver from Website and click on ATI Products then make sure you download right software and driver for it. Or also double check see sometimes videocards can go bad over time there are newer ones. I know it is fine before maybe they stop makeing drivers for that series. Just check see if they do have that driver for it. If not you might have to upgrade or just check also see it is your moniter?
Relevancy 30.53%

Probably a stupid question, but I transferred all of my documents, itunes and photos onto an external hard drive. I now want to empty those folders on my c drive and store them just on my external drive. When I tell the coputer to back-up in the future onto the external drive, will the content in My Documents, My Music and My Pictures on the external drive be deleted (replaced by the new, emptier folders?) I need to make sure before I delete anything off my C drive

A:Confused re. external drive back up/replacement

if you name it the same and put in same folder yes will over write
make new name will add all new bak up
bak 1 10gb
added new files
bak 2 12gb or if files where removed 8gb
and so on
or keep name same prompt of over write because neam is the same and in same place
bak1 was 10 now will be 12gb or the smaller 8gb
or if smaller will be smaller with less
I don't know if it can append
that is check for duplicates and ignor and only add new files
I use acronis it will append existing files I have not used this feature I over write with a new bak up
Relevancy 30.96%

Belkin Wireless Router GHz something Receiving on Acer Laptop gig ram Win Vista Home dunno how to install XP without messing it up and cant afford XP Well anyways a few days ago the household recieved a Acer Laptop With Wireless Printer and the Belkin Router I tried to setup the Belkin Router as it said to in the manual it connected to the router and everything but it doesnt connect to the internet just the router I have the cable wire hooked up to the modem then the modem wire with internet connected to the router THEN the router wire connected to the laptop for the test but it fails Then after failing at that i unplugged the wire Belkin Wireless Confused Internet hooked it up to my desktop then i tried connecting to the router from the laptop it can see the modem about Wireless Belkin Confused Internet times in the list but it cant connect to any belkin Wireless Belkin Confused Internet g and thats exactly the type i got so it has to be mine it can connect to a linksys around this area fine but thats slowwww I want it to be unencrypted now but the problem is when i went to Belkins router address I turned on the access point in it and now i cant even access the default gateway ive tried most gateways i can think of but none work and so on How do i fix this and enable wireless networking Even wireless the laptop connects to the router fine but it cant connect to the internet from the router Yet im using the router right now talking to you on my desktop Wired I am so lost and angry at this thing nbsp

A:Wireless Belkin Confused Internet

the steps are:

wire ANY system to the router.
set or verify the LAN addresses to be used
enable DHCP service
configure the router for LOCAL ADMIN
set a new password

save the results / reboot the router
go to the wireless section (while still wired)
set a NEW SSID
enable broadcast
select a channel
disable encryption(for now)
save/restart the router

disconnect the wired system, wait 30secs and replug the wire again
verify your system is in the LAN address range (run->cmd /k ipconfig)
verify you can browse the Internet
take another system and access the router wirelessly
verify you see your new SSID
and you can connect w/o encryption

once this works, you can go back and enable encryption -- BUT
be sure to update the router firmware and the WiFi adapter(s) in your systems.
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop with a GeForce 7800 video card and a 22" Dell LCD display in dual-display mode (one big desktop). When I ALT-TAB from one app to another, I would like my pointer to jump to the new application automatically (so I don't have to manually move it all the way across the big desktop by hand). Lazy? Yes, I am. Thanks for any help.

A:How to make pointer context jump (focus) to window

Try the Snap To option in the Mouse Properties->Pointer Options
Relevancy 22.79%

Where can one download Window drivers as am trying to find drivers for Samsung SP1203N window drivers - any ideas?

A:Window Drivers - where

Hard drives do not need any drivers.
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp
Relevancy 31.82%

So basically i'm new to expensive motherboards with non-value ram and a good CPU. I'm going to be upgrading to this..

I was reading somewhere about bottlenecking the performance of the CPU with the 1333fsb because of the 800MHz ram and this just went straight over my head..Can anybody try and explain this for me as i want to know if this will create a big difference in performance or what ever. Because it says "available when CPUs are ready for 1333MHz FSB" and that 800MHz ram is the maximum supported I got lost and now need some help.

Relevancy 36.12%

I m not exactly tech savvy so bear with me here if I do anything wrong Basically the issue came with my new card upgrading to a MSI NX GT from a very old and very worn out MSI FX both on the AGP slot Now i m not complaining about the fact that I can read a webpage without the screen flickering on and off every ten seconds casuing ridiculous eye strain but now my graphics card seems to not function with most games anymore or have glitches For example in Jedi Academy textures crashing damaged Graphical - card? glitches, on both the characters and on the surrounding scenery have a series of white horizontal lines of random thickness and Graphical glitches, crashing - damaged card? length that display over the top of the textures Also I get random D shapes flickering across the screen After about ten or fifteen minutes the game crashes stating the all too helpful runtime error explaining it as an abnormal program termination Gee thanks I know exactly what is wrong now Anyway Now for anything that isn t using the Quake engine the game crashes don t occur however the white texture issue remains I suspected it could be a cooling issue and without thek nowhow to check temperature simply pulled the cover off my computer and clean it once a day or so No luck I ve tried going into the BIOS changing aperture etc basically anything that relates to the graphics card No luck so I set everything back to the previous settings which I consider safe seeing as they worked for my FX for years I tried the Direct D accelerations tests in dxdiag and strangely enough the graphical glitches only appear on the direct d test which I thought was odd So i m pretty much at my wits end and i ve jumped to the conclusion that my graphics card is damaged and it s out of warranty too to make things even better Is my assumption correct Will I have to fork out more money to get another AGP card for my aging system If you need me to chuck down my dxdiag list i ll do it on request Otherwise it just clutters things up IF I could get some help on this I would be eternally grateful etc etc nbsp

A:Graphical glitches, crashing - damaged card?

Did you remove the old drivers before you installed new card & drivers?
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there:

My WD 320 ATA100 hard drive were working as an additional storage. It used to work well. One day, I removed the drive and then plugged it in again, and Window XP does not detect it!
I open My Computer/Manage/Disk management and find the drive there marked as "Unallocated" (which must be initialized to be "healthy")

I am concerned if it got initialized, my files kept therein will be deleted. Please teach me what to do.

Thank you.

A:Window XP does not detect additional storage drive

I have a few questions:

1) Is it a new drive? Did you format it when you got it?
2) Did you change anything on your computers?
3) Did you try mapping it? Right click on the drive in disk management and assign it a drive letter. Does it show now?
4) Have you tried it on other computers? Does it work?
5) If it works on other computers, did you try other usb slots? How about other devices, do they work? Flash drives?

Relevancy 30.53%

well i have a 300$ budget for a video card so i was thinking of getting the 8800gts 320 mb's but then i cae across this link
and found this card which i think is a better card :S
now i am a Nvidia fan and i dont believe in any graphics card if it wasnt nvidia so i am asking which one will be the better choice?

A:GeForce 8800 GTS or Radeon HD 2900PRO, I am confused

Have a look here
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all, I've cut a window in my pc.

I have decided that i want to put the TS logo on my window.

Julio, if you should see this, do i need permission from you?

I have 2 different ideas so far. 1 to paint the logo with a uv reacting paint as i have 4 uv tubes inside my case. 2 to cut the TS logo out of another piece of clear acrylic and stick the letters onto the inside of the window and light them with led's.

Just wondered if anyone had anything to add or any better ideas?

A:Case window mod idea!

What did you use to make the cut?
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everybody I have an NVIDIA Geforce graphics card running on Windows XP with the newest drivers I formatted my computer earlier and reinstalled windows xp Before this my graphics computer Formatting Graphics after Glitches Card card worked perfectly Graphics Card Glitches after Formatting computer Since formatting It hasnt worked On games like The Sims or Wurm Online I get white blocks and lines all over the screen On oblivion in game it freezes and I end up with a blue screen stating that my card has been turned off because it went into an infinite loop and either my drivers or card are not working and it Graphics Card Glitches after Formatting computer points out nv disp dll I ve tried using older drivers I ve tried using quot driver cleaner pro quot and than reinstalling the drivers I reinstalled direct X to c I even put an older graphics card in to see if it had a problem it didnt I really dont have much of an idea on whats wrong I mean it was working before I formatted Nothing I ve done makes it work better Could anybody help me nbsp

A:Graphics Card Glitches after Formatting computer

Have you installed all the chipset drivers for your mobo?
Relevancy 36.55%

Randomly blacks out and comes back up within a few seconds, cursor centered, all windows minimized. Also restarts entire system when attempting to start World In Conflict. Started when the card was momentarily removed while the pc was off for routine dust cleaning. had issues ever since. Nothing was awry before this.

A:Radeon 9250, glitches with XP64

The card may have been damaged by static electricity when the card was removed or the AGP socket has dust down deep... Pull the card and carefully clean the AGP socket again
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all I m looking for some help I am currently running a Dell Dimension desktop years old I decided to try souping up the graphics The card is a Nvidia GT by PNY I also upgraded the PSU However I have had alot of problems I will list the steps I have taken - First I ran the card with a new w CHEAP psu This worked fine for - hours of gaming before the display corrupted and froze After this whenever I tried booting with the new card I would get slight glitches on the glitches card with Graphics new windows boot screens some horizontal white lines dots The PC would get to the windows login then display a bunch of black and white stripes I figured a high end PSU would fix this problem so I invested in a w Bluestorm II I still get exactly the same errors on booting the glitches are even in the same location on the screen every time However I am now able to login to windows only now wherever I move the cursor tiny little red grey lines appear then the graphics will start to crash I have updated my graphics drivers and even the BIOS Is this Graphics glitches with new card most likely a hardware or software problem If it could be a driver problem should I format the HDD I Graphics glitches with new card don t think the card is damaged as it will display things ok for a while then starts to corrupt nbsp

A:Graphics glitches with new card

Couple things:
It is an AGP, correct?
You have the connection hooked-up for the card to the psu that is required for a 7300GT AGP?
refer to this, it's an evga but the same thing:
Your stock psu was either 250 or 305w which may have been fine to run the card. The 305w has 22amps (more than enough for a 7300GT)
Good luck
Relevancy 31.82%

I bought an abit IP35-E and it does not have an onboard video out .( why , I don't know) I added a PCI-E card, but I cannot see anything on the monitor. everything else seems to be just fine , Ram Hard drive and chip, what seems to be the problem

A:Built PC but confused!!

Do you get a POST (Power on self test) beep on startup? You should have only one.
It might not be a graphics card problem!
Relevancy 22.79%

hello everybody. i just bought a new HP Pavilion dv6426us. and was just wondering about windows vista. how come i can chat in a chat room in Yahoo????????// can anybody help.

A:window vista need help

How come you CAN chat in a chat room in yahoo, or how come you CAN'T chat?
Relevancy 31.82%

driver irql not less or equal error message Hi everyone confused!! Lost Please Help!! and recently I have had alot of trouble with my laptop Dell Inspirion p ghz I kept getting the driver irql not less or eqaul and the page fault nonpaged area error messages So I ran a diagnostic test and it said dst short Lost and confused!! Please Help!! test failed So I replaced the harddrive It wouldn t let me get through the windows Lost and confused!! Please Help!! install because the blue screen would come up So I replaced the memory Same problem Finally I did more research and learned overheating maybe a problem So I took apart the laptop and cleaned the fan and heatsink Finally I was able to install windows but when I try to download updates for SP the computer freezes Basically whenever I try to run any diagnostic programs it freezes Occasionally a blue screen will come up with the quot irql quot error message or it will be just a blue screen saying to restart the computer I am attaching my minidumps and any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Lost and confused!! Please Help!!

First read this:

We are not a "chat" site. We are a Hardware site primarily. Change the title of this thread

Minidumps point to:
NDIS.SYS (Network adapter)
NTFS.SYS (Hard drive file corruption)
BCMWL5.SYS (Network adapter error)
TCPIP.SYS (Network card)
WIN32K.SYS (Windows corruption)

An internal wireless or wired network adapter may be bad

Remove any external network cards or USB adapters and retry the Windows install
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a laptop which is wirelessly networked to my router.
Whenever i run a new Internet Explorer window, the screen freezes and it take 5-10 seconds for the homepage to load. But when i click a link on a page that opens a new window, it'll load straight away.

How do i fix this?

A:new IE window slow to load

what homepage do you use?
Relevancy 31.82%

My confusion is about Barebones "kits." I think the kits are the mobo and processor with; maybe, RAM or a case. Please correct me
if I'm wrong.

I've seen Porta and New Egg already. I know which CPU to buy
and I'll get a mobo that works with it; hopefully, I'll buy together.
If I need DDR 2 RAM, I'll get it.

Are these "kits" the mobo, CPU, case, and RAM?
Or should I just pick up a mobo/CPU combo at
my local retailer? If they don't come with a case, I have a good one already.

A:Confused by Marketing........

Barebones= Case, power supply and motherboard. No memory, CPU, hard drives or anything else
Relevancy 22.36%

My games crash to desktop roughly every minutes before i had my audio driver installed it crashed about every hours i used the only drivers i could find heres my specs Operating System System Model Windows XP desktop on window xp to Crash Games Home Edition Service Pack build No details available Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board ASUSTeK Computer INC P S -X REV xx Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software Inc ASUS P S -X ACPI BIOS Revision Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space X X CD-RW CD-ROM drive SONY CD-RW CRX EE CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive WDC Games Crash to desktop on window xp WD JB- JJC Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WMAM rev Games Crash to desktop on window xp C SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM has MB Games Crash to desktop on window xp Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon KID PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin ASPNET never Guest PM HelpAssistant PM SUPPORT a never DISABLED Marks a disabled account LOCKED OUT Marks a locked account HP DeskJet C C C C on lynn HP DeskJet C C C C hp officejet series on lynn hp officejet series Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce Display adapter Winvnc video hook driver Display adapter hp mx Monitor quot vis September Bus Adapters Multimedia SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller x SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller SAA TV Card - Video Capture Screaming Bee Audio SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Standard Game Port TV Capture Card Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter primary IP Address Gateway Physical Address C E E FE Networking Dns Server HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device USB Human Interface Device x HID Keyboard Device PS Compatible Mouse Generic USB Hub Ideazon Zboard Composite Keyboard Device x USB Root Hub x Nokia i Virus Protection Back to Top avast antivirus VPS - Version Realtime File Scanning On Someone please answer i want to play my game nbsp

A:Games Crash to desktop on window xp

My first reaction if your games are crashing is to check that you are using the latest DirectX 9.0c. Go to

If they still crash, then download and install the latest driver for your video card.

Repost if you're still having problems.
Relevancy 10.75%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

Post the results here.
Relevancy 31.82%

TOSHIBA Processor Type Intel Core Duo T Screen Size in RAM Preloaded Maximum x MB DDR Exp To GB Hard Drive GB RPM Optical Drives Super-Multi Double Layer DVD Graphics Mobile Intel GM with MB Product Weight kg Audio Type me.. body confused!! so some i'm help please Realtek ALC Battery please some body help me.. i'm so confused!! Type cell Lithium-Ion Cache KB KB L MB L Fax Modem K V I O Ports See The Features Section Included In Box AC Adaptor Power Cord User Manual Network Card See The Features Section Other Software See The Features Section PC Card Slots ExpressCard Pointing Device Touchpad Preloaded Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Processor Speed GHz Product Dimensions W x H x D cm Removable Storage None Screen Type WXGA TFT Speakers Built-In Stereo Speakers System Bus COMPAQ Processor Type Intel Core Duo T Screen Size in RAM Preloaded Maximum x MB DDR gb max Hard Drive GB RPM Optical Drives Super-Multi Double Layer DVD Graphics Mobile Intel GM with MB Product Weight kg Audio Type Altec Lansing Battery Type cell Lithium-Ion Cache KB KB L MB L Fax Modem K V I O Ports See The Features Section Included In Box AC Adaptor Power Cord User Manual Network Card See The Features Section Other Software See The Features Section PC Card Slots ExpressCard Pointing Device Touchpad Preloaded Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Processor Speed ghz Product Dimensions W x H x D cm Removable Storage None Screen Type WXGA TFT Speakers Built-In Stereo Speakers System Bus i dont know which laptop better to buy they have same price does it true that toshiba bran much better than compaq is there big difference bitween ghz and ghz processor thanks guys for your help i am so confused nbsp

A:please some body help me.. i'm so confused!!

You should check the battery life. Also, 1GB of RAM does not make Vista happy. Up the RAM or downgrade to XP.
Relevancy 31.82%

I just recently built my first computer. Most everything is going fine, except that my LG DVD burner is not found by my OS (XP Home Edition) in its normal operating mode. However, it is being found in safe mode and it is seen in BIOS.
I have contacted LG about this, but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm not suprised since it was Sunday when I contacted them, but I really want to get the new rig going. Right now it is a really expensive doorstop since I can't get the drivers loaded for everything.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Forgot to mention that I cannibalized the DVD drive from my old rig since I got it last January when my old drive stopped working. No sense in throwing away $60.

A:Confused and Frustrated

look for new drivers at the website
Relevancy 11.18%

Running XP Pro. Computer reboots randomly. May be while using it or most often when idle. System Restore would not work until turned off and back on, but of course I lost all restore points.

Tried Spybot Seach&Destroy, Adware, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Panda Activescan. None found anything.

Attached is HJT log. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

A:Solved: Random rebooting.

Hi john760 and welcome to techspot. =)

I've checked you HijackThis log and it appears to be mostly clean. Fix these entries though.

O9 - Extra button: Linked Images - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Linked Ima&ges - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

I noticed an entry:
O4 - Startup: restart_vs.lnk = F:\Viewsonic.exe

Do you recognise this file or process, and why is something running from F:\ ?
Let me know in your next reply.

Your problem could be non-malware related.

Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of john760 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
Relevancy 31.82%

these are the parts i bought to assemble a new desktop abit confused new comp S.O.S ... NF-M S mobo http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools S.O.S new comp ... confused item-details asp EdpNo S.O.S new comp ... confused amp CatId AMD Athlon X http www S.O.S new comp ... confused tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo Biostar Geforce GT mb http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId U S Modular Dual channel gb mhz http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku U - and i used the old hdd from previous comp as everything was put together i started the comp up and it only turned on with a repeated short beep that doesn t end until i shut off the computer and there is no video output on my monitor I have a nd computer to use as a test and I tested the ram it works the cpu it works the video card it works so i m wondering what could cause this problem but if mobos are deffective they wouldn t turn on at all right help pls nbsp

A:S.O.S new comp ... confused

oh btw, i have a 450W PSU (stock, came with case)
Relevancy 22.79%

I bought a x xt ATI RADEON graphics card It won t work with my gateway motherboard Can I switch to a motherboard that will support it or will that be a pain in the I am just a novice computer my I out Please throw the pc window! Before Help geek so I don t really feel comfortable replacing the motherboard Of course dh is determined for me to make the damn card fit Does anyone know of Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window! any compatible cards that are comparable with the He plays a civil war game that is shotty at best with our old mb crappy pci card Suggestions I have pci slots and PCI-E x slot but it is at the top of my slots and won t let me insert my x xt card DVD Drives or Decoder Cards - NEC DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Hard Drives - -GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive Keyboards - Premium Black PS Keyboard Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader Memory - MEM DDR MB PC Mice - Silver and Black PS Wheel Mouse Modems - K PCI Modem - K PCI Data Fax Modem Motherboards - Intel South Lake P Motherboard R Power Supplies - -Watt Power Supply Speakers - Analog Speakers nbsp

A:Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window!

Is the x850xt PCI-e? If so why won't it fit? If it won't fit because the case doesn't allow it, then just get a new case.