Windows Support Forum

Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

Q: Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

I ve had some serious issues that finally resulted in glitches! Solved: window? many confused! I'm Tracker Twain more so And me buying a Maxtor lll external HD to back up by system and then restore my computer to original which I did yesterday Now I m having trouble getting back to where I need to be One error message that continually comes up is a quot Twain Tracker window apdproxy exe-unable to locate the component quot Application failed to start because ijl dll was not found This started after I installed my HP printer So I m assuming that is what it s related to Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused! I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it again and it does the same thing Also There is an icon on my desktop that is an HP share to web upload folder that I want to remove and when I right click it to delete it my whole computer freezes up This is what was happening before I restored it I also want to organize my computer much more efficiently than it was before Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused! I want to be selective as to how I put things back on to it from the back up external drive As yet I haven t figured out just how to do that or if I even can actually do that or if I just need to do that after I put it all back onto my computer I purchased a quot premium quot service package - from Comp USA just a year ago when I bought this computer Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused! days after I bought it the store here in my city closed and now they are closing all of the stores nationwide The tech support is from a rd party supplier and they are not interested in giving good help they just want me to reset my computer instead of trying to fix it I wonder if other people have gotten screwed on this same deal nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

My suggestion is be firm with the tech support company. Tell them the problem and tell them that you have already done what they have suggested and that it has not worked. If they insist that is the problem then tell whoever you have on the phone you would like to speak to there supervisor. Be firm and always use little words, they don't understand them big ones!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-twain-tracker-window-and-many-more-glitches-im-so-confused.670094/
Relevancy 62.78%

I keep trying to download the Vista 32 bit driver update for epson perfection 1260 but it won't work. how can I find such a... " TWAIN compliant Windows Vista 32-bit supported scanning application"...
to meet with said requirements.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/twain-compliant-window-32-bit-trouble.821698/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there,

I'm using sound blaster X-Fi 3 and sometimes when i close the window then reopen it at a later time it comes up way too small or way too big. Ending the process then starting the software again only fixes the problem temporarily.

(In the attatchment) this is an example of when it is big but i will update with a screenshot for when its too small.

Is there anything i can do to fix this? as ending process then starting the software again is quite impractical.

Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398328-window-size-glitches-specific-software-when-closing-then-reopening.html
Relevancy 52.89%

good more maybe Solved: and sotfone-tracker day working on a friend s pc that had dealio and other adware slowing it WAY down ran ad-aware and spybot S amp D but pretty sure those didn t catch all the bad stuff I removed dealio via add and remove programs but I can still see it the HJT log and pc is still pretty slow online thanks for any and all help with this issue HJT log is attached Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon Solved: sotfone-tracker and maybe more exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system lxbmcoms exe C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAVSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Java Solved: sotfone-tracker and maybe more jre bin jusched exe C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmmon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files IObit IObit SmartDefrag IObit SmartDefrag exe C WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files XoftSpySE xoftspy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A B -A F- -AE - D C BF - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ForceField Toolbar Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker Components TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO OToolbarHelper Class - EAD A - A - - -C E - C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In PayPalHelper dll O - Toolbar ForceField Toolbar - EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker Components TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - Toolbar PayPal Plug-In - DC F F - FA- f -ACAA- F B - C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In OToolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - E C F -A A- F C- FEC-FD DC A F - no file O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PCTAVApp quot C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe quot MONITORSCAN O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run lxbmmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmmon exe quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series Fax Server quot C Program Files Lexmark Series fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL E... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

I have Photoshop Cs and have manyb old twains in the printer selection. How do I remove them
I am using OSX 10.4 Mac

A:Solved: Twain

Hi Dan, I replied to your email too. This probably should have been in the MAC forums, I'm guessing you would have had some replies there.

But, go ahead and post your solution as I mentioned.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-twain.770206/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey is there a program out there that can track my bandwidth? I sure would love to see how much i download and upload over a period of time. It would be cool if it gave stats and such. anyone know anything like that? Free is good.

A:Solved: bandwidth tracker program?

A google turned up this. Is there something here that will be useful to you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bandwidth-tracker-program.329016/
Relevancy 52.03%

Sigh okay so here s what I ve been dealing with all night Got new scanner printer yesterday Epson WF- and set it up using my WiFi and everything worked fine I Issues, Solved: tried everything! TWAIN I've was able to scan info Photoshop no problem I have CS and Photoshop Elements both worked fine But I decided it was scanning too slowly so I d try to use the USB my last scanner a Mustek was hardwired and scanned much faster I had to reinstall the Epson stuff in order to set it to USB which was fine However after I did this I can no longer scan unless I use the WIA function in Photoshop which is inferior and not recommended Solved: TWAIN Issues, I've tried everything! by Epson anyway In the Epson paperwork it states it should be TWAIN friendly already Nothing that requires TWAIN is working Here are the error messages I m getting quot Cannot communicate with the scanner Make sure the scanner is on correctly setup and connected with no errors indicated For detailed information see Solving Problems in the User s Guide quot followed by quot Could not open the TWAIN source Make sure there Solved: TWAIN Issues, I've tried everything! is a valid source for your scanner in the TWAIN directory found in the Windows directory quot I checked the TWAIN folder and ws ds is there Since that error I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as restarting the computer with each reinstall which hasn t fixed anything I even tried to do a disc cleanup after uninstall as well as manually deleting any leftover files that didn t get removed from the uninstall Any ideas on what Solved: TWAIN Issues, I've tried everything! I can do to fix this I m getting really frustrated I ve been working on fixing this for about - hours straight and I need that scanner to work properly Oh yeah and the regular printer function seems to be working just fine nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I was torn between posting this in Software Hardware vs ISIS Solved: TWAIN or Software Development I ended up here thinking you programming brainiacs Solved: TWAIN vs ISIS you know from the planet Smartron would know what I m asking I have an Epson Scanner GT-S It has software support for both ISIS and TWAIN My tax software Drake has a document storage program DDM that requires TWAIN My problem The scanner and the tax software both support duplex scanning But if I try to do duplex scanning from within DDM the scanner will usually stop after a page or two and I have to shut it down and reset everything It will do single scanning all day long If I do duplex scanning to my desktop or to a document folder no problems My questions I have uninstalled the software that came with the scanner The CD that came with the scanner has a separate installation step for ISIS Any thoughts on installing Solved: TWAIN vs ISIS that or not installing it The DDM Software gives me an option of using the DDM interface the window that pops up for you to select your options from or using the scanner interface It seems to work better when I use the scanner interface from within DDM Just adding that in case it tells you anything I really appreciate the willingness of the contributors who take time to answer my questions And I know my questions are probably too long I just don t want to leave anything out Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2662 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 289709 MB, Free - 244621 MB; E: Total - 194474 MB, Free - 102102 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled.

My Lexmark X2500 all-in-one was printing fine and it just quit working. It said the driver was not installed. Something deleted it. I re-installed the software & got the printer to work but now it won't scan. Now it says it cannot find the TWAIN source. My PC is new & printer is old but it was working just fine until 4 hours ago. Any suggestions?

A:Solved: TWAIN source not found

I answered my own question. Went back to the last restore point and that fixed the problem. I had let Norton clean the registry and it went a little too far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-twain-source-not-found.1061373/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hiya guys,

Is there anyone here who knows what registry keys are needed to start a program when the scan button is pressed on a scanner?

I have a Brother MFC-7420 connected to a "head-less" Windows XP SP2 server, and need users to be able to scan just by pressing the button. I have found a program called CMDTwain on Techrepublic that will handle the scanning. And I have written a batch script to pass the right information (path, incrementing file numbers, etc.) All this works fine - I just need to be able to link it to the button.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I ve got a question about a problem I ve been having on with scanner s twain program on my windows desktop I run my Scanner all day on my computer at work Normally I can read other files amp check out web browsers while my scanner is cycling pages But now ever since I is over desktop!! my Help, driver (Solved) Twain my taking downloaded Limewire basic amp the Java runtime (Solved) Help, my Twain driver is taking over my desktop!! that came with it i ve been having this really annoying problem Everytime a page goes through my scanner the twain driver page jumps back to the top of my stack of windows It gets in (Solved) Help, my Twain driver is taking over my desktop!! the way of whatever windows or folders i m trying to look at Its like limewire changed some setting without telling me I (Solved) Help, my Twain driver is taking over my desktop!! ve tried messing with the folder options but that wasnt it I uninstalled lime wire and The java runtime I ran two different kinds of virus scan Non of this has worked though This is really frustrating me My productivity is sliping its really buggin me I need back my lost effeciency any ideas on what the problem could be Thanks -Chris nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Does anyone have problems installing Twain 5 Driver in Windows 7 and in get the scanner recognised???

I followed the help posted in this forum and got no results.

But tried the following:

Fisrt of all unplugged scanner usb cable;
Then uninstalled existing Twain driver (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...Type=FAQ&oid=14548&prodoid=6464128&foid=32323);
Then reinstalled Twain driver (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/..._UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14548&infoType=Downloads);
Reconnet your scanner usb cable
Then in Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers select you Epson scanner and Properties
Look for Update Driver
Select Browse My Computer
Then chose the following directory to look into - C:\Windows\inf - and select Include Subfolders.

This solved my problems and now my Epson Perfection 1250 is working under Windows 7.

Hope it helps you

A:Solved: Epson Twain Scanner Problem

Thanks for sharing your solution. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-epson-twain-scanner-problem.917541/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have upgraded from 98 to XP and installed my A4 EPP Scanner ( installationCD for Windows 95/98/NT4.0 ). I've also installed Photo Express version 2.0 Special edition (windows 98/NT). I also have Irfanview downloaded. When I try to scan an image to either of these applications I get an error message from Microsoft telling me there is a problem with Twain UserInterface-SOHO Plus, Nine Edition asking me to send an error report which I have done. Does this mean that there is nothing I can do about this error and it's a Microsoft problem and if so what happens now ?

Thanks
Pat W

A:Solved: Twain UserInterface - Error Message

XP will need a new driver for the scanner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-twain-userinterface-error-message.547733/
Relevancy 48.16%

NM, figured it out. The USB Composite Device was plugged into USB 3.0, which caused it to get borked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-mic-causes-freezes-and-glitches.1082390/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I'm Realy Confused about this, i've had this pc for ablot 6 or so months and its core 2 duo with one of the latist graphics cards, But Ever Since, Somewere Around the 4th Month this Computer Has Been Having Some Graphical Glitches In Most Of My Games. I'm Sure Thats Its Not Something I've Downloaded, I Had Enough Of that with my last computer, But Some Games Like Need for Speed 3 Dont Have Them, I've tried Everything, If You Could Point Me in The Right Direction On How To Solve My problem then That Would be Great

Relevancy 47.73%

The other day when i went to turn on my computer i hit the button with my toe instead of pushing it in with my finger. The lights kinda flickered for a few seconds but the computer never powered on. I pushed the button in with my finger this time and it managed to power up after a brief flicker of the lights. So i turned the computer off by clicking shutdown (as i normally do). Today when i go to turn it on i hit the button and it flickers for a few seconds and never turns on. I tried holding the button in and hope it would power up but it never did. I tried this several times with no luck.
Anyone have a solution?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi folks I m having some graphics-related problem on my PC It happens every time i run a so-called d game It doesn t happen in old games though like Zeus or GTA for example Glitches happen at random times early in some games and late Solved: Graphical in glitches all games in others It s like suddenly game freezes for a second and then graphics become glitchy the game continues to run with glitchy graphics Interesting is that Solved: Graphical glitches in all games all these glitches are fixed with an alt tab I don t know which part of PC to suspect I tested each game on different graphics cards GeForce GT and GeForce GTS and it s all the same Here are some screenshots for example The Sims - http www mediafire com i y c u c oa iutu Solved: Graphical glitches in all games Neverwinter Nights - http www mediafire com i cwyfw c xcjw l Fallout New Vegas - http www mediafire com i yzsaj b s i q Cossacks Battle for Europe - http www mediafire com i trn lv sl w Glitches happen in other games too Dragon age Origins etc Now full specs of my PC http www mediafire com qcfyjczdipcdj - Hardware specs OS - Windows XP Service pack Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Like the description says my newly built Windows computer randomly glitches up for some reason I built this computer days ago and the problem started day ago What happens is the sound and screen seem to glitch for about a second at the longest at random usually far apart intervals I've fully updated windows and my drivers so I'm not sure what could be the problem even though I could be missing a driver or two Anyways the glitch sounds a lot like a kind of buzzing noise when it happens I've heard it happen while playing games watching videos on MPC and winamp as well as videos on the internet but they don't happen that often so they are hard to predict It's really a kind of ocd thing but I'm sorta afraid its a problem with the motherboard or the gpu I hope it's not something server like that because I really don't wanna rma anything The glitches seem to have toned down since when i first discovered them but who knows I'm still pretty concerned Please and thank you for all the help in advance I hope my computer is alright because it's really running fine and I've been installing quite a bit of things BTW I'm running the OS My 7) (with [SOLVED] 64-bit Win new computer up. randomly glitches off of a SSD if that helps Perhaps a slightly loose connection there is the culprit

A:[SOLVED] My new computer (with 64-bit Win 7) randomly glitches up.

Is the buzzing actually the sound playback going very slowly and looping?
Also does the PC lock up completely?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-my-new-computer-with-64-bit-win-7-randomly-glitches-up-581850.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ack I've got a horrible glitch After a few minutes of playing Far Cry the whole screen will get green lines or boxes across it and [SOLVED] Greenscreen To Up Glitches Computer flip between black screen greeny boxy liney screen and normal play for a second or two then it'll repeat until it locks up at the black screen When I [SOLVED] Computer Glitches Up To Greenscreen restart the computer the green lines and boxes are all over my computer the color is more greeny and the resolution is decreased to x I tried updating my drivers and now the game doesn't tell me that my drivers are too old but the glitch still persists I restarted it and it looks like this This error pops up everytime I start up the computer Also it does stay like this in games F does nothing it's like this in the DOS when I restart but not if I on off I've got a small fan down there in case it's overheating gonna try Far Cry again The fan doesn't seem to help I was in the game for all of seconds before it froze with the green again then I got a black screen with blue flecks which was new and the audio started stuttering which wasn't new I restarted it and the green didn't stay so it may have done something but I guess the problem is just getting weirder Also if this helps I'm pretty sure I've got a virus My brother downloaded an episode of Heroes and put it on the network but when I tried to open it it turned out to be an exe so now when I'm in Firefox occasionally a new window will open and the website will either be just Google or a random other website with an adress that's just a bunch of numbers and periods I've got Spybot S amp D running and I've [SOLVED] Computer Glitches Up To Greenscreen denied access for all browser helper objects since I opened the exe as well as system registry changes mostly in system I'll edit with a picture of the processes currently running in case you guys can identify a virus there The reason I'm editing it in is because the last time I ctrl alt deleted the computer went green and crashed so I wanna make sure this gets posted first Edit Here's the processes

A:[SOLVED] Computer Glitches Up To Greenscreen

Wow, one night later and it's buried behind two and a half pages of topics.

Can I get help, please? I know a few more things now:
1) Even when doing nothing, the computer will still glitch up and go green. It just seems to take longer.
2) Afer restarting, when everything's green, I can still click on stuff and play and everything is pretty much normal, aside from the green-ness.
3) It glitches up a lot faster when I'm playing games. Far Cry 2 glitches after 30 seconds or so, Death Worm (A wee little arcadey game I downloaded that's lots of fun) suffered the same fate despite being way smaller and, I would imagine, less taxing on the system.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-glitches-up-to-greenscreen-307442.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi folks I wonder if you can help me Vista glitches Solved: Windows I got a new Dell inspiron laptop for Christmas and am having a good time getting to know it However the computer occasionally displays odd glitchy behaviour Perhaps someone can advise me on how to clear that up Sometimes when I shut the computer down I get an error message saying something like quot explorer exe Solved: Windows Vista glitches application error The instruction at x f fd referenced memory at x The memory could not be read Click on ok to terminate the program quot The first number varies One time it was x e fd I m not too worried as clicking ok shuts down the computer but i would like to know what s causing this Whenever I start Skype Dell webcam console opens by itself immediately followed by a message reading- quot Microsoft Windows Start advanced video fx engine application has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is a available quot I then close both boxes and skype functions normally although the same messages sometimes pop up again out of the blue after an hour or two I d like to know what s causing this The computer has a built-in webcam Also sometimes when I use Skype the picture will suddenly become blocky and i ll get an error message reading quot The color scheme has been changed The following program has performed an action that requires windows to temporarily change the color scheme to windows vista basic quot program skype publisher skype technologies sa process identifier PID It also tells me that quot Windows will automatically change the color scheme back to windows vista aero when this program or other programs performing similar actions are no longer running quot Another strange thing that keeps happening is that a folder called quot Ripped Muic quot It s a typo - it should be Music will appear on my desktop even though i have deleted it Very strange Anyway any suggestions will be much appreciated It s a great computer and these problems are all small but irritating Thanks John BTW I m wondering if the Skype-related anomalies are related to the fact that Skype is hogging of my CPU when I use it I have a seperate post about this problem at http forums techguy org all-other-software -skype-using- -cpu html post nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Vista glitches

BTW my computer specs are as follows:

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
Dell Inspiron 1525
Celeron CPU 550 @ 2.00 GHz
Memory 2.00 GB
System Type 32 Bit Operating System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-glitches.789280/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok have been Solved: Graphical in glitches every game, trying to fix this error for weeks now I go into any game and I get graphical glitches it s like shooting black lines going in all directions first thing I had in mind was to reinstall my graphic drivers and the problem was still there thought it maybe ram I changed the ram to a bran new set nothing changed thought it could be the cpu over heating so cleaned Solved: Graphical glitches in every game, and placed some fresh artic silver and problem is still there so then thought maybe it s the gpu cleaned it all with a can of air duster and replaced it back into the motherboard problem was still there and I thought I d finally found the culprit has to be the psu right Nope ordered a bran new one placed it in and and the strange graphical behaviour was still there but today a bran new motherboard I d ordered a week ago arrived today replace my old one had every thing all nice and clean installed every thing and the problem is still there I am completely clueless now i am all most about to give up nearly spent over on this rig with all the improvements and the existing spares I now have Please some one help My specs are I Gtx gb beast ram Asus formula vi motherboard tb of HDD Corsair rm psu Corsair h cooler nbsp Solved: Graphical glitches in every game,

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, can anyone help me before I got nuts:
I reinstalled successfully XP Home and SP2, upgraded IE 6 to IE7. All updates current. Using Live One Care trial. Upgraded to Live Hotmail. I am now experiencing problems running so many applications due to the following messages:
#could not find file swflash.ocx
#Internet Explorer could not find Active Desktop HTML
#Could not access network location %USERPROFILE%Desktop\ error 1603. fatal error has occurred.
Computer slow and constantly freezing/not responding.
Windows Live One Care/Live Hotmail also seem very slow and unreliable.
Been trying to sort this out for over a month now with MS with no luck. Please help. Thank you. Anna.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/glitches-leading-to-more-glitches.613183/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I start the first mission, the screen is covered in gray, orange, and other coloured triangles. I saw this in a sticky, but the solution didn't help.
I took some pictures below:

This is the best it gets:

And this one is worse, where the whole screen is covered:
I've tried putting all settings to the lowest possible, I've updated to the newest 9.11 ATI drivers, and I even tried a solution for Vista posted on here to disable themes and desktop composition. I also tried running in compatibility for XP SP3.
Nothing has worked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Windows 7
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB
Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
1.5GB RAM

A:Solved: Red Faction Guerrilla PC Graphical Glitches

Wow
It actually worked. I cleaned out the dust off my video card, and now it's working. I also enabled video caching in the BIOS, but I don't know if that would have made a difference. I've heard people say before that you need to clean the dust out, but I've never seen results like this.
Problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-red-faction-guerrilla-pc-graphical-glitches.879405/
Relevancy 46.87%

Greetings I just reformatted my H D and did a fresh install of Windows XP PRO Right after I started noticing frustrating problems with Windows Explorer While trying to copy and Explorer fresh O.S. [SOLVED] Windows glitches in paste backed-up files from my Sony DRU A explorer takes a long time responding when clicking on files on both the ones on the [SOLVED] Windows Explorer glitches in fresh O.S. DVD-RW and the ones on the hard drive Usually I get the error message quot Explorer is not responding quot I even downloaded FreeCommander and am having the same problems with that as well I know it is spyware and malware free because I've run Spybot S amp D Spywareblaster Spywareguard and my ISP's version of F-Secure I have also ran Microsoft's Fix It Center and Iolo's System Mechanic all to no avail I have also reinstalled the ASPI layer and can read and install from CD's so I think it is something in the O S which is fully updated with SP and all others Any advice would be very appreciated I have never had a problem like this since I had my first PC in Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows Explorer glitches in fresh O.S.

Hi,

A couple of things then:

!) Try putting in your system disc and running SFC /scannow from the run command.

!) Give it a go in safemode! A very good idea as it eliminates most 3rd party software from start-up. If it does work in safemode, you may want to disable startup files.
START > RUN > msconfig > OK > STARTUP (Top right [TAB]) > Disable All > APPLY > CLOSE > Restart Machine.

!) This could be to do with an application having a lock over the Windows
Clipboard. David Candy's application should determine the Process that's
causing the problem.
Download GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip from here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/temp/GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip
Unzip and run the tool. Post back what it reports. For best results, run
this utility during the time you encounter the Copy / Paste problem.

!) I've seen mention of the 'PRONoMgr' process causing issues - This is related to the IntelPROset application. Do you have this?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let us know how you get on!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-explorer-glitches-in-fresh-o-s-519971.html
Relevancy 46.44%

PC SETUP Core Quad Ghz Windows bit gig ram Radeon HD Driver version Driver Date Issues with PREVIOUS drivers drivers Solved: with Radeon HD5770 glitches video - Adobe After Effects - When manipulating an object in d space or sometimes simply moving an object a certain way will cause a blank white screen to pop up Then a few seconds later it jumps to Solved: Radeon HD5770 video glitches with drivers desktop with a message quot ATI Radeon has crashed but has recovered quot After Effects also crashes I need this software for work so i waited for new drivers that worked Yesterday there were new drivers so i installed them now i have NEW problems Issues with CURRENT drivers - Team Fortress Pc Game - Seeing strange shadows where there shouldn t be - Solved: Radeon HD5770 video glitches with drivers online video - Youtube or any Solved: Radeon HD5770 video glitches with drivers other online video source cannot be maximized to full screen without causing intense pixelation Video looks find when smaller but not full screen http www facebook com photo php pid amp id Is there something else in my pc that is causing a problem Or is this video card really just junk with junk drivers At the moment i cant change back because i need After Effects for work so as long as that works im fine but id like to have other things working as well nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

It has happened about 3 times now. I open a video on youtube for instance, i set it to fullscreen. A few minutes later my cursor gets white lines across it and if i don't exit fullscreen quickly my monitor goes into power saving mode and i dont have sound anymore and i cannot shut down my computer properly. (i have to do it manually to get i back to normal) If i get out of fullscreen quickly i do not solve the graphical problems, i often get colored lines aswell.

EDIT: i hope this is on the correct area. I assumed it was a vista problem but i'm not entirely positive.

A:Solved: My monitor keeps getting graphics glitches when i open internet videos in ful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-monitor-keeps-getting-graphics-glitches-when-i-open-internet-videos-in-ful.736873/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone After other Sidebar Gadgets plus showing Solved: Glitches Vista not Explorer installing SP a few days ago my Windows Sidebar Solved: Vista Sidebar Gadgets not showing plus other Explorer Glitches only shows white blocks where the gadgets Solved: Vista Sidebar Gadgets not showing plus other Explorer Glitches used to be But it goes far beyond that with problems like YouTube videos not showing up on their website Google image search results not displaying various Java coded parts of websites not working AIM text not showing up in instant message boxes etc Though this series of glitches first began several months ago when I accidently ended a process in the task manager don t remember which one and all of these problems showed up the next time I restarted my laptop But after reverting to a previous restore point the glitches went away up until I installed SP I ve tried reinstalling and upgrading the Java Runtime Environment and that did nothing I tried the fixes mentioned on this forum about the Command Prompt and the specific dll files and that did nothing either The thing that may fix it is restarting the process I accidently ended months ago but I don t even know what should and shouldn t be in the process list Going back to a previous restore point before installing SP will do nothing as all of these problems will most likely come back after installing SP again Anyone ever experience this before and knows how to fix it I m dreading the idea of restoring my entire laptop from scratch to permanently fix this Laptop in question Dell Inspiron E Windows Vista Home Premium with SP nbsp

A:Solved: Vista Sidebar Gadgets not showing plus other Explorer Glitches

Did you install SP 1 from Windows Update or did you go to the Microsoft site and download and then install it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-sidebar-gadgets-not-showing-plus-other-explorer-glitches.711292/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All I have got a Dell Dimension and I have quot Creative Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio quot I have been having problems with it firstly I got a Run DLL error I attempted to reinstall the driver from the dell website but this failed the fix the problem I then found the driver CD It has stopped the Run DLL errors but now it when I go into the Creative Media Source Go and the icons and in the Creatitve image Audigy Audio Creatitive Sound Advanced Solved: Blaster glitches HD attached you can change the audio settings but now after a reinstalled the driver sometimes do not work and then sometimes don t work they think that I do not have the correct speakers to be Solved: Creatitive Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Audio glitches able to change the settings but I do It sound like it keeps corrupting itself I have reinstalled the driver from the dell website three times as I mentioned above and I have installed it from the CD approx times and every time this happens currently it thinks that I have surround sound speakers but I don t I never had and it will not allow me to change the speaker headphone selection please see attached image named Creatitive speaker selection Can anybody help me with this problem it is a never ending loop of problems which is annoying me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

OK My Grandmothers house was hit by electricity a couple of weeks ago It blew out her phones and her computer will not turn on I have not tried turning the computer on myself this is just what I was told The strange thing to me is the computer was plugged into a surge protected with the monitor and other things The monitor still Issue:confused: Supply :confused:Power works the surge protector still works and everything else that was plugged into the surge protector still works The only thing that does not work is :confused:Power Supply Issue:confused: the computer Isn t that strange The electricity would have blown out anything pluged into the surge protected and would have tried the surge protector RIGHT Now I don t know if the whole computer will no :confused:Power Supply Issue:confused: longer work Does it sound like it could just be the power supply How does a computer act after getting hit by electricity This computer will not do anything You push the power button and nothing happens Does anyone have any ideas Is the computer fried Is there anyway to fix it Thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

The Epson Perfection Scanner 1250 which is installed on my PC with Windows XP SP2, used to work but no longer does. I have re-installed the scanner software from the CD supplied with the scanner, but when I try and use it I get a message : Epson Twain 5 Scanner Model not supported by Epson Twain. Any suggestions?
Will

A:Solved: Epson Perfection 1250 & Epson Twain %

I spoke to Epson. They told me to download a new driver. Shouldn't be a problem, but first I have to install Winzip. I think it is best to regard the problem as Solved. Will

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-epson-perfection-1250-amp-epson-twain.731720/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have downloaded the free Serif PhotoPlus the startup scene says quot PhotoPlus quot though so Solved: Available" Device "No TWAIN our business can we can import images from a Canon Powershot a digital camera I am running an eMachine Win se and it does have all four TWAIN and TWUNK dlls installed I also have the MSVCRT DLL too of course However when I set the camera to quot PC quot Nothing happened I clicked onto quot Import from Twain quot on the Serif and get quot There are no TWAIN devices available quot Click to expand When I look in quot File quot and into quot Import quot the box is empty This camera did work with a Dell that Solved: "No TWAIN Device Available" had Adobe Photoshop Homedeluxe installed However Solved: "No TWAIN Device Available" it was getting quot cranky quot from age This was recently replaced with a newer quot cobble together quot P with all BUS ports The machine is too fast anyway for the software Would really appreciate any help We need the camera for taking business photos to send to customers over the internet nbsp Solved: "No TWAIN Device Available"

Relevancy 43%

I would like to be able to open a new browser window in Firefox which would start at the identical location to the one that's open rather than opening at the home page.

In IE, File / New / Window works well for this purpose, and then if you wanted it to start at the Home Page, you could just run Explorer a second time.

It gives the flexibility of going off on other trails with the additional window, but still having the original window open. I'm not crazy about tabs which take up extra space in the browsing window. However, is there even a way to open a new tab at the same location as the current window? Maybe I'm missing the joy of tabs somehow and am stuck in my old way of thinking. Still, I would like to know if what I want is possible.

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Open new browse window at same location as current window

Hi I don't think that is an option but I understand what your after and this is the way I do it with keyboard short cuts of

Ctrl + C = copy (While holding down Ctrl tap the C key once)
Ctrl + V = paste
Ctrl + T = new tab
Ctrl + N = New page

OK starting with tabs which I think is the best thing since sliced bread. You have the page open that you want to start with go up to the URL at the top of the page (do it with this page) click only once on the URL this will highlight it or if you like to say select it.

Now to copy the URL Ctrl + C your computer will remember this link until you either copy something else or you shut down the computer.

Now we open a new tab Ctrl + T a new blank tab will open and the URL location is blank but with the cursor already in it so we paste the URL there by Ctrl + V and tap the enter key and you have the duplicate page

Now working with a new page there is just a couple of small differences.

You have the page open that you want to start with go up to the URL at the top of the page (once again do it with this page) click only once on the URL this will highlight it or if you like to say select it.

Now we open a new page with Ctrl + N a new page will open but the difference is it will not be blank it will be your home page so as there is already a URL that we want to get rid of. The simple way is to once again click on it only once to select it then paste the saved URL by Ctrl + V and tap the enter key and you have your duplicate page. I may have made this sound involved but just try it once and you will see it's quite simple.

Another thing I do is when I have a google search page open or a page with several links I want to look at.

I hold down Ctrl while I click on links that way I still have my original page and everything opens in new tabs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-open-new-browse-window-at-same-location-as-current-window-370861.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I m new to this website and generally useless with computers so I have no idea if this Solved: Very confused!!! is even in the right place I have a Toshiba laptop that runs Windows Solved: Very confused!!! Vista I am a university postgrad student and so my laptop is used for essays assignments keeping photos that kind of thing When I click on My Computer it tells me that I have GB of GB free on my C Solved: Very confused!!! drive It Solved: Very confused!!! is slow and I keep having to delete things to save other things I moved all of my undergrad documents to an external hard drive as well as most of my pictures and I have only programs I really need now which by my count should hardly amount to anything the largest programme is MB I recently took it in to my IT guys at the school where I work and they checked it for viruses and found nothing so I don t think it could be that They also installed F-Secure Client Security on it as they said that is what the school uses as anti-virus software I have no idea what else to do to reduce the amount of stuff on my C drive and would really appreciate any advice Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Okay so i have dsl and a desktop computer that is wired and a laptop that is connected via wireless The laptop is mine and the desktop is my brothers My brother installed a trojans and spyware on this computer The antivirus said that it could remove them but that it might cause instability i went ahead anyways since i never encountered any problems Well soon afterwards neither of the ethernet ports one is integrated the other is on a PCI port was able to get an ip address from my wireless router bit Solved: confused A The IP adresses that it gets are APIPA and when i try to go to CMD and try to run IPCONFIG realease then renew i get this message An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket Im fairly sure that my registry got corrupted but i have no back up and no recovery partition to undo this Last known good config and system restore did no good I know reinstalling windows would fix this but i dont want to resort to that I used a linux and ran the os from the cd and the internet worked just fine So im stumped on how to fix this any help is welcomed nbsp

Relevancy 43%

i have a question about my netgear wireless router WPN824 v2. I got a diffrent computer and some how i lost the manual and the disk so my question is how do i get it working so i can get my lab top to get on the internet and so my neiabor can us my network too. i dont even have it hooked/plugged in to the computer. hopfully you can help me. E-mail address is {Email addresses are not advisable to post in public sites as you can become a victim of terrible spam by posting email publicly so I have Edited the thread....Moderator} if that helps i know it will help me if some one just emailed me instructions on what to do at least for now.

{another Moderator advise> You will be helped a lot quicker and easier in our Networking forum so I moving your thread to that forum}

A:Solved: i'm new and confused

Go here and you can download the manual
http://kbserver.netgear.com/pdf/wpn824_ref_manual.pdf
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-im-new-and-confused.938614/
Relevancy 43%

I appreciate whoever is gonna be helping me understand this.

I am looking to purchase more ram for my vista.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9173217&st=acer&type=product&id=1218044029374

this is the model.

Now here are the questions

The Laptop has 667 MHZ BUS

The ram card im looking at has 800MHZ what does that mean?

What kind of RAM stick do I need, would one of those 20 doller ones do?
Like this one: http://www.valleyseek.com/product.action?itemID=22015

If not then what would I need.

Also http://www.netcomdirect.com/paujatblopdr.html would that work in my laptop?

Is it compatable? Or do i have to buy a 300 doller ACER blue ray player.

A:Solved: Ugh so confused

That RAM isn't going to work, neither fit in the laptop. It's desktop RAM, and bigger than laptop RAM modules.
The 667 MHz BUS is a feature of the CPU, not RAM. The site doesn't tell directly: The speed (in MHz) of the laptop, the model of the laptop (but I'm assuming it's Acer Aspire 4730Z), or whether there's one 2 GB module or two 1 GB modules, in which case you'd need to buy two 2 GB sticks to get the max 4 GB.
Promo price 23 $ directly from Kingston (this should work for you, it will at least if my assumption of the model is correct, and may well work otherwise too): http://shop.kingston.com/partsinfo.asp?promo=PRCGRBR&ktcpartno=KAC-MEMF/2G

About the BR drive, it could well work if there's an IDE connector for it in the laptop, but I doubt there is. Try to find out. It's most possibly SATA, so...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ugh-so-confused.800382/
Relevancy 43%

I have installed a new mobo and hard drive as my old mobo failed on me and I wanted to try and save the data off my old hd I had everything up and running great on Tuesday and everything has been fine until today When Solved: Confused! I Solved: Confused! tried to retrieve my lost data I was unable to access some of it so I decided to leave the old hd as number drive and have the new one as number When I booted up the o s was on no and it booted up fine everything loaded up and was running great Today when I booted it up for some reason it booted up from the second drive and all my old files were accessable I thought that this could not Solved: Confused! happen I shut it down unplugged the sata cable and rebooted and it booted up from the new drive I have got the new drive installed in the no slot and the old one in no Can anyone please tell me how this could suddenly happen as I am loss to what has occurred Dojo nbsp

A:Solved: Confused!

That would depend on the boot order defined in the BIOS. If you disconnect the drive registered as the first boot device, it goes down the list to the next bootable device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused.458972/
Relevancy 43%

made a slideshow .wmv using windows live movie maker & burned that to a verbatim dvd+r using windows, it won't play in any of my stand alone dvd players, a samsung, lg blu ray & toshiba dvr! i've played wmv's before in them no prob. what went wrong?? would burning with nero or ? make it playable? thx

A:Solved: confused

figured it out. dl'd dvd flick & converted file & reburned. doh!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused.968711/
Relevancy 43%

Dell 8250 pc windows xp.Blue screen message windows shut down mess,as follows Kernel_stack_inpage_error. ***stopxoooooo77(oxcooooooe,oxcooooooe,oxoooooooo,oxooofcooo) Done. What to do ???? My pc boots up normal all is good for short period as long as I am working on it.Leave pc and return to blue screen with message error.

Relevancy 43%

O K so first of all i would like to say sry My Confused CPU!!!!...HELP..LOL.... Solved: about for posthing alot latly im a noob lol and thanx to everyone that has helped lol So heres mynext problem i have a Dell xps the thing that im confused Solved: Confused about My CPU!!!!...HELP..LOL.... about is that at first i though i had a duel core CPU but know im starting dought that becouse im not able to plat GTA even though i meet the requirements However this post isnt about playing gta lol -what i need to know is if i have CPU quot s or a duel core CPU becouse i know that its not the same well anyways in the DXDIAG thing it says that i have CPU s i dont know if its normal for a duel core CPU Here are my complete system speks from the DXDIAG thing ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name XPS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DXP BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A ------------------------------------------------------------- Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs GHz -------------------------------------------------------------- Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GSO Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GSO DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS E amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model DELL E FP Monitor Id DELA C Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll nvwgf um dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- B - A CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x E Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTx Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - ... Read more

A:Solved: Confused about My CPU!!!!...HELP..LOL....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-about-my-cpu-help-lol.996314/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I use Internet Explorer 8 and Vista.

Just a few days ago whenever I did a google search all my listings came up with a star (outlined in blue) to the right of each of the listings and when I pressed on any of the links I was presented witht he following information:

Internet Explorer Script Error
Line 147
Char: 56
Error: 'google.ihc' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: (4 lines of it!)

Do you want to continue running script on this page Yes/No

Interesting is that any of the paid links work just all the other links do not.

I have done same in vista and mozilla and they work fine it is just with Internet Explorer that I am having the problem.

Is it a problem or have I done something (my kids that is) ?

Help would greatfully be appreciated.

thanks,

Hampo

Please see attachment which is a capture of the error notice.

A:[SOLVED] Confused

Did "NO" allow you to view page?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-confused-497693.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey all,
My cousin wanted to hook a new D-link router to his Dsl modem and he ask me to help. So, I told him that we would need his user name and password from isp. I also figured we would bridge the modem to PPPOE and assign the router the same thing. Well, it didnt work out that way. I hooked up the router ran the wizard, and I accidentally configured it to a dynamic ip address. Saved the settings and rebooted. IT worked.

THis is where im confused. Isn't all DSL lines go through the PPPOE protocol?

Hope someone can enlighten me a little here...im baffled about this...

Relevancy 43%

Im little confused about whether AVG anti-virus and AVG anti-spyware are the same thing as I have seen different references to them,can someone please advise ?? this confusion I have comes with getting older and if you think it wont happen to you ....dream on

Relevancy 43%

Not 100% sure if im posting this in the right section, but heres whats up.

I get this error, or whatever you want to call it quite often. anytime a program of mine connects to the internet. so every time i open my browser, IM, ect ect.

I don't use dial-up. and this all started about a month ago when the internet for my area went out (Where i live the homes come with a modem connected to some off brand ISP). Anyways, my question is how do i prevent this from coming up?

A:Solved: Very confused

First thing to look at: Control Panel - Internet Options - Connections tab - 'Never dial a connection' should be checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-very-confused.851503/
Relevancy 43%

I m not exactly sure if anything is wrong with my computer but I keep hearing sound coming from it saying that I have now won a free laptop computer Sometimes also popups will Help Confused- Solved: Please come up very randomly I just don t know what s wrong and how to fix it Any help that you can Solved: Confused- Please Help give me would be great My laptop s specs are Windows XP Home Edition It s a Toshiba Satellite Laptop Intel Celeron M Ghz and MB of RAM which is weird because Solved: Confused- Please Help I though I installed GB Anyway thanks so much Btw here is my HJT logfile from my laptop Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Solved: Confused- Please Help system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system yC Cxe exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO solution Class - C D BB- - C- DA-D FB A CC - C WINDOWS system toY w XE dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI... Read more

Relevancy 43%

I have an older Dell Dimension 4700 PC and the video card needs to be replaced. I'd like to replace just the video card but I've already bought one that doesn't fit. Before I make another mistake I'm wondering if someone can tell me if this card will fit, or suggest a card that will work.

I have this card in the PC already; ATI Radeon 2600 Pro DDR 2 PCI Express, Crossfire ready Dual DVI HDTV HDMI Support

I'd like to replace it with this card, because it's only $20.00, new with rebate, and that fits nicely into my "budget!"
Asus 8400GS-512 MD3-SL GeForce8400 GS Video Card-512 MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 (x16) 1xD-Sub (vga) 1x DVI 1x HDMI DirectX 10.

The main use for this PC will be for the grandkids to play some of their on line games and to keep a few Excell and Word files.

Relevancy 43%

Ok so VGA DVI Confused! Solved: I m going to order the components to my new system tomorrow I was looking over them to make sure they Solved: Confused! DVI VGA re all compatible when I noticed my Graphics card is DVI Now since this is my first build I wasn t sure what DVI was After a minute of Googleing I now understand its the digital version of VGA Then I had a sudden moment of fear I ran upstairs to my room to check my TV I have a small HD TV in my room which I currently only use for Sky skart and Xbox- HD cables the green blue red ones NOT the yellow red white ones My TV has a computer option on the AV cycle this is what made me first think about building my own pc for my room rather than using the family pc downstairs a single cored snail At first I looked at the back of my TV and saw Solved: Confused! DVI VGA a VGA port I assumed that I could just stick the PC in there then select the Computer option from the AV Now I ve found out the Graphics card I want is DVI I did some Googleing and found that there are DVI-VGA adapters However surely this must reduce the quality of my viusal Since I am primarily going to be using the PC Solved: Confused! DVI VGA for gaming I am going to get a HD Graphics card Will this investment be pointless if i use a DVI to VGA adapter I have an HD TV I would have thought it would have had an HD PC port Sadly this isnt the case Please help clear this issue up as I was really looking forward to some mindblowing graphics in comparison to this heap of junk and if it turns out I have to buy a seperate DVI moniter to view the full extent of the gameplay I wont be too happy not just because its more money i have to spend but because I dont have the space Thanks in advance for your help Gavin nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Here's the prob ~ new computer with windows XP from Gateway can not translate ip addresses from numbers to dot com addies (according to DSL server tech support)! In other words, IE cannot pull up any internet service though ping is receiving with 0% lost.

Norton package with Spy Sweeper and Window Washer has been installed and run with no change.

Please HELP! Any ideas or suggestions at ALL???

Relevancy 43%

I have an hp mini 5103- how do I turn off the gps tracking thingie?

Relevancy 43%

I think someone is tracking me using my IP address. How can I block them or what can I do to stop them if anything?

A:Ip Tracker?

Bumping this thread again!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-tracker.573968/
Relevancy 42.57%

My Windows 10 Home upgraded from Windows 8.1 could not see other Windows 10 Machines on my home network from Windows Explorer. It could see Windows 7 machines but not Windows 10. I tried various suggestion from this forum and others with no success.

While researching a problem with "Browser" service (running but with error message - Failed to read description ), a solution was to turn on a Windows feature "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". After reboot, Suprise!! My computer now sees all other computers on the network, "Browser" service is deleted, and "Computer Browser" service was created.

My surmize is that "SMB" was an option in Windows 8 but not required and not loaded. Therefore when Microsoft upgraded my machine to Windows 10 they did not load "SMB" program.

"SMB" did not exist on Windows 7.

Hope this helps somebody

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51043-window-10-could-not-access-other-window-10-shared-drives-solved.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am confused about installing USB to my PC Ė I have a Jetway J720BF mobo which supports 2 USB port connectors. On the motherboard there is a 10 pin USB port connector.

1 Do I just install a USB card to a PCI slot or do I need something which connects to the 10 pin connector as well.

2 Does it mean I can only install 2 USB sockets or can I install 4.

Many thanks in anticipation.

stepheno

A:[SOLVED] Confused about USB installation.

You have two options:

You can just install a separate PCI card to add USB ports to the back..

OR

You can use the USB connector on the motherboard to connect to one of these:

A USB bracket takes a slot in the back of the case, but doesn't physically plug into a PCI slot on the motherboard. Instead there is a cable that you plug into the connector on the motherboard.

Some cases also have USB ports located in the front. In this case you would plug the cable from these ports into the USB connector on the motherboard.

They also sell USB ports that will fit into one of the drive bays so you can have them in the front. These use a cable to connect to the motherboard connector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-about-usb-installation.208009/
Relevancy 42.57%

Iím not computer literate, so please bear with me.

I have the following installed

Superantispyware
AdAware SE Personal
Spybot S&D

I update them all and run scans on each every week, but Iím confused what the programmes actually do.

As I never get any ďAlerts or POP UPSĒ from any of the programmes, I take it my computer is clean, although when I scan, they all find something, Iím confused.

I also have

CC
McAfee Security suite

Relevancy 42.57%

what are the disadvantages of putting a 266MHz ram into a socket that usually runs 333MHz.

Relevancy 42.57%

Icons MIA! Not sure if it was a windows update - but my shortcut icons all have the "general" icon displayed in front of them now. I run Mbam and Kas scans religiously and dont believe it to be malware. http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6379/captureshortcutfolder.png I keep most shortcuts in a shortcut folder and then use one desktop shortcut to get to all shortcuts. It keeps my desktop clean and I know where all of my program shortcuts are - all in one place. Well, all of THOSE icons now are "generic" system icons as well. I would rather not do a restore, so how do I restore icons w/out restoring system? http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8103/captureicon.png seemed to have happened right around time of big MS patch earlier this month.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi GPU choice confused over Solved: I am almost done with my build and I am confused over GPU choice Solved: confused over GPU choice All of the terms and descriptions specs are beyond my grasp I am not a gamer but would like to perhaps do a flight simulator or some other modest type of game I see GEforce Radeon PCI express and ATI crossfire etc I am guessing that to a gamer all of this means something Does it have something to do with the brand or type of games My System MB Gigabyte XTA CPU Amd Phenom X Black w Memory gig ddr HD WD Veloci Raptor OP Windows bit Does my Solved: confused over GPU choice system have anything to do with what I get Does crossfire mean that you can run two cards Argh If anybody can give a prargraph or two GPU s for dummys I would appreciate it Also I would like the capabilty of more than one monitor even if I did not use it And I would like to not exceed or at least not by much Thanks a bunch Beach Thanks a bunch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-over-gpu-choice.911587/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a lenovo laptop, with win 7 pro.I copied some dvd videos (legal) to my external hard drive, they became iso files ( i don't know how that happens ).tried to play them using vlc media player. some of them play and others do not.the ones that do not play, i get a 1/2 second shot of the video and then nothing. If i use windows media player nothing plays,from checking the internet it seems iso images are hard to play back as a video .hoping for a solution. mrvince

A:Solved: confused with iso images

Moving/copying any files from the computer to an external drive shouldn't change the format of the files. So I can only assume the problem is with how you are moving the files.

Having said that, an "iso" file is simply an image of a source disc (CD or DVD). For example, you can take a DVD, create an iso file, then burn a new DVD. The source DVD and the burned DVD will be identical. ISO files are typically created with burning software.

Not all media players support iso files. VLC should, so if some files are working and others are not working, the files that don't work are corrupted in some way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-with-iso-images.1124409/
Relevancy 42.57%

Please pardon what must be to more experienced users an ignorant question Due to changes in possible access to my system at home I am now concerned with setting a password for my account which is also an Administrator account When I look in Explorer under C Documents and Settings I have these below listed but under Control Panel-User Accounts only my name-Administrator account and Guest not used are listed In safe mode a log-in comes up for either My Name account or Administrator account Administrator accounts about [SOLVED] Confused Administrator being my computer name All [SOLVED] Confused about accounts Users Default User My Name LocalService NetworkService ARE ALL OF THESE NORMAL I did not set a password when I installed Windows XP I [SOLVED] Confused about accounts know now that was stupid I tried passwording My Name account in Control Panel-User Accounts and it shows a password is now set yet when I start or re-start my system it still just automatically logs into My Name account Am I missing some settings that need changed so that the log-on icon and password box come up during start-up Any advice would be greatly appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Confused about accounts

Hello angus49

All those users look fine.

To fix automatically log in follow these steps:

Click Start => Run, type in Control Userpasswords2, => Click Ok

Click on the account you want to log in automatically, then tick the box that says :
Users must enter a username and password..., click Apply then Ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-confused-about-accounts-186174.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all I am using a IPIBL-LA (win 7 OS) mobo with a 2-wire 2470hg1 router from windstream and have another computer with a P4SD-VL ( xp os) . Now my question is that I can get full signal strength with a netopia b 802.11 on my P4SD-VL and my IPIBL-LA uses a Linksys WUSB54GC but only aquires 2/5 bars why is that? What should I do for better signal strength, I have purchased a Linksys wireless range expander but it would not work with my router. Then I purchased a PCI adapter with an antenna. I am not really into the pringles can hack thing I just want a legitamit way to get full signal strength thanks for your cooperation

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I Getting Confused On What To Have For Spy-ware I Have Ad-ware & Spy-bot & Spy-blaster & Mic Antispyware & Spy-ware Doctor Do I Need Them All ? Or Is There A King Of Kings If I Was Sure Of The Best One Out There Would Be Willing To Buy It...... Has Anyone Studied Them All ? Thanks also i am looking for a good pc doctor anyone know what ones are the best & best buy? thanks

A:Solved: Confused On Spyware

It never hurts to have all of those. They won't conflict with each other and they will keep your system protected. The free tools are completely legit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-on-spyware.362258/
Relevancy 42.57%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service setfbs Confused Solved: about Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Solved: Confused about setfbs Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC HA x xx EeePC- Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I recently used setfbs When i used it i used the ICS LPR AGLF clock generator then hit get fbs Then i put the slider up to and the instant i pressed the quot set fbs quot a light blue screen suddenly took over the entire screen I shut it down by holding the power button Pressing the power button again after shut down didn t work until i removed and placed the battery again I was able to boot again and soon realized that i should be using ICS LPR AGLF I used setfbs and put the slider again to and it was a success The speed was from ghz to ghz and bus frequency from mhz to mhz I then restarted the netbook but after that it said quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key quot I wasn t able to boot windows until i reinserted the battery again Given the situation did i do any damage when using the wrong clock generator I am also planning overclock it again because before i shut the system down i refreshed the index rating and it went from to Was there any damage done Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Dear Moderator If anything here is in breach of Forum Rules it is unintentional and please delete and scared Solved: confused getting am I as you see fit After having conversations with two Solved: I am getting scared and confused experts one who actually teaches high level security I m left wondering about my own computer security First I am told that any kind of e-mail attachment can contain a lot of really bad Viruses malware Trojans Zombie take overs This can be done quite innocently from person you know who is infected Before you say anything about anti virus scanning I had the explanation of how this can be done Obviously I won t say it here I had it demonstrated to my satisfaction So Question Should I delete all mail except those in plain text The next situation is very hard for me to believe There was a hypothetical quot discussion that the makers of Security Anti Virus programs are encouraging people to make new Viruses and possibly even being compensated in some nefarious way never to be traced back The people I spoke with have Zero anti virus programs on their computers except for the MS Firewall They say by staying away from places where you can become infected and knowing how to manually remove these problems if they occur it is safer When I first installed Spybot there were about k definitions Now I have on that one program well over k definitions I have all the big programs installed AVG spybot Adaware Hijackthis Rookit Revealer Superantispyware updating the Blocked Host files MS Defender All of which take a considerable amount of time to update and run Question Do you think that there is a possibility for the Majors to be supporting Malware creation in some fashion And should I get rid of these programs bats P S There was also some discussion that some really good programs and utilities are written and given away for free to piggyback malware onto your computer nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

sir, gud day..please help me, planning to upgrade my videocard, i need to ask before i buy..little confused about this..Which would be better card to buy..1gb 128bit or 512mb 256 bit? and what's the difference between this card..thank you..

Relevancy 42.57%

Like so many others I am at a loss Any help would be appreciated more than I can say I am running a Compaq with Windows XP I picked up a bug yesterday and everything has gone haywire My background screen now has a message telling me I need to click on it to download spyware protection Every to minutes an icon pops up in my toolbar with balloon above it The message in the balloon says I need to click it to download spyware protection Every so often I get random pop-ups for strip poker and adult dating When I do a search random pages pop up on a different browser than mine I have run Ad-Aware Spyware Blaster confused Solved: and dazed and SBC-Yahoo anti spy I tried to run CWShredder but when I try a window pops up and tells me my computer is being shut Solved: dazed and confused down It counts down seconds and then restarts the computer To say I am at a loss is a huge understatment Anything you might suggest will be greatly appreciated I have included the log from Hijack This Thank You Again daln Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPMon exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system xpsp fw exe C WINDOWS wscmgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System unlodctl exe C WINDOWS System nlsfuncs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System tibs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPAGER EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http nonstopsearch com a R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default http fastsearchweb com srh php q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http nonstopsearch com a R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http nonstopsearch com a R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http nonstopsearch com a R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http nonstopsearch com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http nonstopsearch com a R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http nonst... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all, i want to upgrade my graphics card but all the reasearch i do constantly gives conflicting results. So i thought i would ask you guys who have a lot more experience. Ok you can find all my specs above.
I want to spen around £60-£100, ($100-$180), now i'm not bothered about which make as there does'nt seem to be much between the main rivals. Its more a question about compatability. The card needs to go into a PCI-e x16 slot, But my MB only supports x8 bandwidth. (thats the main bit that confuses me). So in a nut shell what is the best i can get for the price quoted, That is compatable for my system. AND while were here will i need to upgrade my PSU to run it. Many thanks in advance.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Guyz Got a pc from one of my friends mainly because he didnt want it anymore and he had got a new one However It wasnt working when Solved: PC Confused Not working !!!! he gave me it said the machine wouldnt boot up I got Solved: PC Not working Confused !!!! my copy of XP SP out booted from disk and ran setup Formatted HDD etc After running setup Solved: PC Not working Confused !!!! and finding all the drivers i needed it worked fine for about a week then i went to switch it on one morning and nothing back to not working like when i first got it Ran recovery console fixed the boot sector but no change ran all the recovery programs i could from recovery console and rebooted but no change So i ran XP setup AGAIN since i hadnt really got anything important on the drive yet Everything seemed to go fine and worked again without problem but only for a few days then went back to not booting Always gets half way through the boot process then tells me the windows config might be corrupted I am now at the point thinking this may be the hardware Tonight im going to replace the cmos battery and the ram aswell as thinking about installing a new psu and replacing the Hard drive However has anyone come across this sort of problem before I was sure it must have been a software issue but after formatting and installing the operating system from new TWICE im still at square Thanx in advance nbsp

A:Solved: PC Not working Confused !!!!

The cmos battery will not cause the issues your having, but I would replace it anyways because it is a cheap item. The more likely culprit is a failing HDD so I would replace that, load it up and see how it runs. The other two items (RAM and PSU) are not necessary to replace unless you simply want more power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-not-working-confused.585455/
Relevancy 42.57%

Okay so about months ago this started My computer randomly shuts off and im guessing its caused by overheating My video card is fine but the heat sync over problem need Solved: CPU help confused the cpu is extremely hot So I took it off and wiped off the old thermal paste and put on a new coat the size of a rice grain and evenly spread it out This solved the problem for like - weeks then it happened again So this time I figured I didn t Solved: CPU problem confused need help put enough so I put more on spread it evenly but this time weeks into it it happened again So I replaced it once more like I did the st time the quantity and i Solved: CPU problem confused need help m only gonna assume its gonna do it again So my question is what can I do to fix this It shouldn t be doing this so often I even have my case off its getting good air circulation and I have a desk fan blowing on the heat sync yes the heat sync has a fan on top of it My computer is clean I cleared it of dust my specs are as followed oh and i have smart fan disabled in the BIOS so the fan on top of the heat sync is running full speed Btw this is after I ve been gaming for a little more than hour if I m not doing something intensive in the game and if its intensive it happens quicker ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COMPUTER Operating System Windows Vista amp Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model GA-MA VM-S BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode if you need any other info just ask i would greatly appreciate any help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there I m new at this but from what i have read in other posts I m not the only one who has pop up problems and a DSO exploit problem i loaded hijack this encluding the log i have ad -aware spyblaster and spybot loaded now of course i did all this after the problems started now I m really confused please help from what else ive read it doesnt help when i keep rebooting ugh and dble ugh Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system confused soooo [Solved] svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost [Solved] soooo confused exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files CallWave IAM exe C WINDOWS System XasiOy exe C WINDOWS System XasiOy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings me My Documents Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU [Solved] soooo confused Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS System SearchBar htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page [Solved] soooo confused http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak about blank R - URLSearchHook IncrediFindBHO Class - FC EDD- - - - C D - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL file missing O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NavErrRedir Class - FC EDD- - - - C D - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B BB - B D- fd- A -B F DEB - C WINDOWS questmod dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run SWZKN R K C C WINDOWS System Duck exe O - Global Startup Internet Answering Machine lnk C Program Files CallWave IAM exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Shorten URL - http www cjb net menuext html O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button ICQ Pro HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF F B-E - DB -B - AB D - file C Program Files Gateway Do More DoMoreRunExe CAB O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl installs yinst cab O - DPF D - - - - AA B - http do... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

okay, where do i look on desktopmngr to see my graphics adapter driver???is that my video adapter? what????thanks.....

A:Solved: still confused, graphics?

CONTROL PANEL, System, Hardware, Device Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-still-confused-graphics.325628/
Relevancy 42.57%

I get confused when I see the following 3 statements on which one is used for what"

1. Start windows in safe mode.

2. Start windows using last known good configuration.

3. Start windows using recovery console and restore using the most recent full backup.

Can someone please help me as to what you would use first and for what situations, please. I would really appreciate it.

thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

a frien told me i might have a key logger i did a scan for one and found this d:1386\app31126\add gateway
what is this i think my soon to be ex is spying on me i am a beginner i only know e-mail and surfing the web i halso had my e-mail looked up pass word changes and secret question changes i am now able to get in to one but i had to get another e-mail adress to do it how do i protect myself from this happening again
thanks quilt fairy

Relevancy 42.57%

For the last 3 mos or so I cannot print from my laptop (dell inspiron 1501). Every time I want to print the printer shows up as being offline. I have a hughesnet modem and a linksys router. The router is working and the modem is fine. I just can't print from here. I tried to reinstall the drivers but the cd said it was for xp and before but it was working fine and my cd/dvd drive wont work anyhow. Confused and my better half needs to print her coupons or it could be rough around here.

Please help me if possible.

A:[SOLVED] Frustrated and Confused

vista home basic....thinking

ok before when it was working. how did you 1st install the driver/printer to you computer. you could download the vista driver from the internet from the manufactor site. is it connected to another computer has a host or is it a complely wireless printer???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-frustrated-and-confused-521784.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I came home last night to find my computer infested, I get a random spyware alert at the bottom right, and it takes me to some webpage called www.updateyoursystem.com, and it says the solution is spy axe, and some other thing, I dont trust it. Also, my homepage is hijacked as well, and I cant change it, can anyone lend a hand? Thanks.

And I run on XP, incase that was needed.

Relevancy 42.57%

I play WoW and advice Confused NEED Solved: about World of Warcraft and recently I have been having issues with it locking up during gameplay I ve changed the mem sticks as for some reason i am unable to run the mem test from microsoft since i do not have a and the image didnt take to my CD for some reason so i went and got some more memory I thought with that issue the prob might be fixed however it persisted so I got a new vid card and that also did not alleviate the problem I have all the latest drivers for my equipment i think I am not sure if maybe it is the PCIE card slot or a bad Memory slot so any advice on how to test those would be appreciated The lockup itself is a hard lock where i have to hold the power button in to get response from the computer If anyone out there has had this issue or had any advice about it please gimme a hand its very frustrating Also I dont have any probs outside of the D game world as I play other games and do applications just fine on my computer Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Okay guys Here s my story I had a Windows PC It has the following And Dazed Confused Solved: sound options Onboard sound from the motherboard Asus internal soundcard USB Creative X-Fi HD external sound card Since i got the computer i ve always used the external sound card However today i wanted to try connect some surround sound speakers To do this i had to use the internal sound card as the USB soundcard doesn t support Bear in mind that i had never used the internal sound card Being a custom built PC i had to download the Asus Xonar driver for the internal sound card I did however it didn t work I now want to revert back to using the Creative X-FI USB soundcard but have no idea how to I tried system restore but that didn t help I have attached a screenshot to Solved: Dazed And Confused show the options under the volume control panel The external usb soundcard is connected to my hi-fi via line out nbsp

A:Solved: Dazed And Confused

Screenshot above is incorrect. This one shows which options i have under the sound panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dazed-and-confused.1034000/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have an advent 7114 running on xp and I tried to connect to wireless today (ranlink card I think) and it does connect and show a signal, but when I go to open Internet explorer I just grt a page saying 'you may br connected to the Internet, try connection again' then when I clicked on wireless properties I can see I'm sending 789 packets and receiving only 12. Can anyone help? I just need to get to emails

Thanks in advance X

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi All

I had a very good working Gmail tracker that I had used for several weeks, and I had to do a recover and it deleted the program on me. I remember it's title was a very short one, and it worked great and it was a freebie. I think I picked up on it through Cnet or one of the other newsletters I get.

I have looked all through my program files, downloads, etc and It is gone. I can find plenty of notifiers out there but I am wanting a program theat lets you know when the person you are sending an e-mail to receives it.

So if anyone knows of one, either a freebie or a pay one let me know about it. I appreciate it.

Thanx......Gunny

A:Gmail tracker

Does GMail have an option for a return receipt?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450781/gmail-tracker/
Relevancy 42.14%

Help!

I don't know if anyone can help me but I am trying to locate a supplier in the UK for a Logitech Trackman Marble+ mouse.

I have found loads of US sites selling it but none in the UK.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
jampot.

Relevancy 42.14%

Need a software which can record files and folders accessed recently....
(other than the windows recently accessed programs/documents)..

A:Need an activity tracker

This might work:

Recent Files Shell Extension

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/147383-need-activity-tracker.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Besides these two I also seem to have Elite toolbar and Sasser last nite as well I have done spybot Adaware Adaware is coming up clean Spybot cannot seem to finish quarantining the files found above I am on different machine currently Sex Adaware and A Tracker as my IE cannot work I'm not even running IE and I'm getting popups sounds like Elite is back ARRRRGHHHH Please review HJT Sex Tracker and A Adaware Log and give me some help pleeeeaaase I'm in China on business and Laptop is my only link to work etc Logfile of Sex Tracker and A Adaware HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes Sex Tracker and A Adaware C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system userinit exe C WINNT system Atiptaxx exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe C WINNT DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Linksys Wireless-B Notebook Adapter WPC Cfg exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINNT system cmd exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner mor on search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www earthlink net partner mor on search html F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe userinit exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run E TaskPanel quot C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe quot -winstart O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Global Startup Dataviz Messenger lnk C WINNT DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Global Startup Wireless-B Notebook Adapter Utility lnk C Program Files Linksys Wireless-B Notebook Adapter WPC Cfg exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF BAC - DD- - D- A E D A Yahoo Photos Easy Upload Tool Class - http us dl yimg com download yaho opper us cab O - DPF E E E - AA - D -ABA - AA C GpcContainer Class - https partminer webex com client v ex ieatgpc cab O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINNT System Ati evxx exe O - Service CWShredder Service - Unknown owner - D CWShredder exe file missing O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Client Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe O - Service Remote Administrator Service r server - Unknown owner - C WINNT system r server exe qu... Read more

A:Sex Tracker and A Adaware

Welcome to TSF.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/ente...all_launch.php. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. If any viruses/trojans are detected, try to delete or clean them in that site. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers.

Go to Start->Run and type in services.msc and hit OK. Then look for Remote Administrator Service (r_server) and double click on it. Click on the Stop button and under Startup type, choose Disabled.

Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\WINNT\system32\userinit32.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,userinit32.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Administrator Service (r_server) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\r_server.exe" /service (file missing)

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINNT\system32\userinit32.exe - delete the file exactly as shown here
C:\WINNT\system32\r_server.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. If there were some entries that didn't show up in Safe Mode, you may check and fix those that appear now in normal mode (if you do that, make sure to run a new scan again). Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/sex-tracker-and-a-adaware-49119.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I had "pest tracker" appear on my computer and has been acting strange ever since. I have deleted the program, run AVG rootkit, spyware and virus check several times since and am still not right, the spyware will only run in safe mode. I am running Windows XP and the users show having administraor rights but when I go to do any administrative tasks I am blocked. I have noticed that all of my 'KB....' files in windows were created about 2 weeks ago in the middle of the night and there are matching hidden '$KB...uninstall' folders created at the same time.

A:Pest Tracker

Please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". You may have performed some of these steps already. If you can't perform a step, then skip and continue with the next. In step #9 there are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log. (This is a self-extracting version which will automatically install HJT in the proper location.) If HijackThis will not run, try renaming it. Open the HijackThis Folder, right-click on the HijackThis.exe file and rename it Scanner.exe. Double-click on Scanner.exe (which is still HijackThis) and then run your scan. If needed, change the .exe to something else such as .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr. Example: Scanner.bat or Scanner.comWhen you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day. Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111669/pest-tracker/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,sorry for multi-posting,i did not realise that messages cannot be deleted, this is the actual post for my problem(ignore other posts by me). I received a few friend requests from an official well known chat group. These requests are being send through by its official site to my hotmail.However there are notices that pop ups when i clik accept the friend requests.These notices seek for my permission to allow access to my DNS,keyboard and mouse. I do not know whether my computer is infected. I need help in removing these tracking programs juz to make sure the information in my computer is safe.Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-in-removing-dns-tracker-496721.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I think my wife may be cheating on me and I want to record her aol messenger conversations without her knowing. Also, is there any software that would record any of the sites she has logged in, while showing the password she used and username/email account?

thanks. need help please.

A:aim logger/ tracker

Hi, Sorry, TechGuy.org does not assist with using keyloggers, or AIM loggers, we have no way to verify the situation, hope you understand.

Nine times out of ten you will make the situation worse- logging software can be detected. Things can get out of hand, and we cannot be part of something like this.

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-logger-tracker.649948/
Relevancy 42.14%

When I'm searching for something on Google and i try to go to the link, it always redirect to search tracker.net Done a search and read to download Malwarebytes, so I downloaded it and change the name from mbam-setup.exe but still wont run. Have no idea what I am doing.
Thanks Eric

A:search-tracker.net

Please download SmitfraudFixDouble-click SmitfraudFix.exeSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238477/search-trackernet/
Relevancy 42.14%

There are lots of Fitness Band or you can Say Fitness tracker in the market but Can you plz tell me the best Fitness Band ?
1. Fitbit Surge
2. Apple
3. Microsoft Band
4. Epson Runsense / Pulsense
5. Basis Peak
6. Mio
7. Jawbone up3
8. Asus Vivowatch
9. Misfit
10. Actofit
11. Other

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445588-best-fitness-tracker.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a law office and think my system may have been hacked by a competor or Im just psychotic. Either way thought I'd look into the above question and see what the smart folks thoughts were and at worst maybe kick this old dog of a computer back in gear and make it worth using again. SO assuming I was hacked I tried first to rid the eval bug but evil malware instead - cheap bastard that I am - then I figured hey I'll just learn programing cause I got such a good grade when I took BASIC in 1983 should be no sweat. Fools rush in they say. ANyway had the benefit of at least taking my brain off idle and getting me intrested in something again. Therefore, if theres a Guru out there willing to put me through the paces it'd be appreciated.

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300217/hacker-tracker/
Relevancy 42.14%

I feel that someone is monitoring me I have a couple of emails address that I can not log into from yahoo I was wondering if there is some type of software that can track someone tracking tracker monitioring my computer For example win-spy is a monitoring spyware that allows the remote tracking tracker user into your computer when you are online It has keylogging snapshots email tracking and other things for a person to track you For now I have keylogg hunter and spy cop installed on my computer But win-spy states it can stop anti-spyware What can I do I am just average user HIJACJTHIS LOG Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at tracking tracker AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C tracking tracker WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Lexmark X LEX SU exe C Program Files Keylogger Hunter KeyloggerHunter exe C DOCUME David LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run CaISSDT quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exe quot O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run LMPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup Keylogger Hunter lnk C Program Files Keylogger Hunter KeyloggerHunter exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Lexmark X Settings Utility lnk C Program Files Lexmark X LEX SU exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF A E - F C- DD -ADE - FAB ctlProductChecker ProductChecker - http bcontractors safeguardpropert uctChecker cab O - DPF AB CE -AC F- F- -D ABCA EC Get ActiveX Control - https h www hp com ewfrf-JAV oadManager ocx O - Service CAISafe - Computer Associates International Inc - C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service VET Message Service VETMSGNT - Computer Associates International Inc - C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrus... Read more

A:tracking tracker

Download WinPFInd http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...r/WinPFind.zip and extract it to your C:\ folder. This will create a folder called WinPFind in the C:\ folder.

Download Track qoo http://www.geekstogo.com/downloads/Trackqoo.zip
Save it somewhere you will remember like the Desktop. Unzip the Track qoo.vbs inside to your desktop. DO NOT run it yet!

Reboot into Safe Mode
Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.!

Inside C:\WinPFind is a file called WinPFind.exe. Double-click on this file to launch the program. Once it is launched, click on the Start Scan button and wait for it to finish. This program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works as it can take a while, upwards to 30 minutes or more.! Once the Scan is Complete it will make a txt file (log) of what was found.

1. Go to the WinPFind folder
2. Locate WinPFind.txt
3. Please post those results in your next post!

REBOOT to normal mode.

Double Click on "Track qoo.vbs"

Note - If you Antivirus has Script Blocking, you will get a Pop Up Windows asking you what to do. Allow this Entire Script to Run, its harmless!

Wait a few seconds and a notepad page will pop up, Copy & Paste those results and place them in the next post along with the results of WinPFind!

So I need the following tool logs..

WinPFind.txt log
Track qoo.vbs log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/tracking-tracker-89396.html
Relevancy 42.14%

There are lots of Fitness Band or you can Say Fitness tracker in the market but Can you plz tell me the best Fitness Band ?
1. Fitbit Surge
2. Apple
3. Microsoft Band
4. Epson Runsense / Pulsense
5. Basis Peak
6. Mio
7. Jawbone up3
8. Asus Vivowatch
9. Misfit
10. Actofit
11. Other

A:Which is the best Fitness Tracker?

This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...
As per this advice: Who Should Post in Ask a Question? WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/smartwatches/445588-best-fitness-tracker.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I was wondering if any has heard of a facebook tracker that allows you to see what people have viewed your profile, and if it is out there what are the steps to get it? thanks.

Keith

A:Facebook Tracker

im almost 100% sure there is no such thing. you might be able to see the ips of the people but i dont htink so.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/facebook-tracker-137791.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone VERY IMPORTANT NOTE DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK WITHIN THE QUOTED AREA I have an ongoing problem with emails coming in that look like this in the body lt html gt lt font size gt Hello dear lt p gt I feel bad about forgetting to reply in regard to the question lt p gt regarding no-charge infos lt p gt since your address was -or so they tell me- mis-spelled lt p gt Please go to the following web page of the no-charge info ops lt p gt Don t doubt it lt p gt lt font size color quot red quot gt go to this site lt p gt Spyware What??????? Or Tracker Or lt html gt http rd yahoo com tufwflsnbyjfjab wpbbqrxjxequcnfksonkxpwcsaosyuqdgugyhovtfabyp lt html gt lt font gt lt font size color quot black quot gt lt p gt Regards lt p gt Sara Gonzales lt font color quot white quot gt grinder with his wheel two guardsmen who were flirting with a nurse-girl and severalcomme un foret perce un tonneau Le musee de la Faculte de pull She was there in an instant and I caught a glimpse of it as she half-drew it out Mais sa science s arretait la Classer weapon which will always secure me from any steps which he might take in the future Iet s eloigner des continents ou des ilesClick to expand The sender and subject is ALWAYS DIFFERENT each time but the body of the message is ALWAYS garbled and makes no sense a collection of unrelated words actually this one makes more sense than most of them they do seem to have XXX related matter in them alot of times How can I get rid of them or what I mean I am all protected up I have Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy SpywareBlaster amp Spywareguard Noton Antivirus and all that good stuff and these always keep coming in even after I do scans and nothing is found Anyone else know anything about these or have any idea about them Stumped nbsp

A:Spyware Or Tracker Or What???????

None of your programs(Adaware; and Spybot Search and Destroy; SpywareBlaster & Spywareguard) will have any effect on you recievingthese e-mails.
Are they all coming from the same source?....I mean the same mail sever?
Mailwasher should help....you get the option to bounce the e-mails back to the source as if it has hit a non existant e-mail addy so theoretically should not be sent again.
http://www.mailwasher.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spyware-or-tracker-or-what.178727/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a very bad time trying to keep track of my clothes, and I have lost several brand new jackets in the past couple weeks. I looked online and couldn't find anything, so I was woundering if anybody knows any good small fairly cheap gps tracker I could attach to my jackets.

I know this probably isn't the right forum for this,

A:GPS Tracker for Clothes

Just get a Tile - https://www.thetileapp.com/

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/gps-tracker-clothes-277636/