Windows Support Forum

Virgin Media Speed Issue :/

Q: Virgin Media Speed Issue :/

HI,

I have 20mbps Broadband, today however i re-installed windows, having issues with my speed........

for some reason i can not seem to get past 5mbps

I`ve checked device manager and updated the lan drivers etc

anyone any idea why my line is so slow?

as my brother and a friend in the same street seem to have better results on www.speedtest.net etc

on virgin media gamefiles website, i can download files but yet still getting much slower speeds, i called virgin media they say that my account is fine and still at 20mbps so i have no idea......

anyone any ideas? please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-speed-issue.672994/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Virgin Media Speed Issue :/

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.13%

I have been getting very bizzarre results for my download speed from a large number of test sites. Speedtest.net which is normally very good is also giving me some very strange results no matter what server I use.

I am supposed to get 20Mb which I am getting but the results it gives me are 70Mb if not more.

I think it may have something to do with VM introducing 100Mb broadband, but I wanted to see if anyone else was getting these strange readings with Virgin Media or any other broadband provider.

A:Broadband Speed Checker going funny on Virgin Media?

Certainly different from mine.

I tested 5 random servers around the US with speedtest. Cox is my ISP.

All 5 were near 4 upload.

The downloads were 11, 12, 21, 22, and 28.

I tested Manchester and got 2 up and 10 down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/133621-broadband-speed-checker-going-funny-virgin-media.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I m a total computer novice I m afraid so please bear with me if I ask any daft questions I don t know whether it is coincidence or not but I had Vrgin round the other day to replace the modem with a I was optimistic as they did issues Speed - connection Virgin? and a speed test and it suggested I would get the full and the engineer seemed to think my PC was powerful enough to benefit Since then the computer seems to be running more slowly surfing doesn t seem much quicker and it is constantly failing to connect to websites I d say on at least of attempts to Speed and connection issues - Virgin? download Speed and connection issues - Virgin? a page even if it s just to open an email or bid o eBay I ll get told Speed and connection issues - Virgin? that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage or more often the screen attched Could this be anything to do with the modem or anything the engineer did Or does anyone have any other ideas Layman s language only please lol

A:Speed and connection issues - Virgin?

I would open IE...Tools/Manage Add-ons...diable everything except Shockwave, Sun, Search Engine default, and the Network Diagnose mechanism.

Eliminate all toolbars in IE, turn off Filers and InPrivate Filtering.

Then reboot and see if there is improvement.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382605/speed-and-connection-issues-virgin/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello there Just a little question from a novice user I ve recently 7, (Virgin) Speed Query, Windows 200Mbps upgraded my speed with Virgin Media from Vivd Mbps to Vivid Mbps yet speed tests indicate I m only receiving around Mbps is this correct also are these laptops restrictive Speed Query, Windows 7, 200Mbps (Virgin) in anyway to larger speeds thanks alot ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Toshiba Satellite C D-B- Processor type AMD E - Accelerated Processor clock speed GHz nd level cache MB Operating System Speed Query, Windows 7, 200Mbps (Virgin) Platform Windows Home Premium Bit Design Colour colour Matt black finish with textured pattern black keyboard System memory standard x MB maximum expandability MB technology DDR L RAM MHz Hard disk capacity GB drive rotation rpm Display size cm type Toshiba TruBrite HD TFT High Brightness display with aspect ratio and LED backlighting internal resolution x Graphics adaptor type AMD E - Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon R Graphics memory type shared Internal video modes The following internal video modes are supported resolution x Interfaces external Headphone stereo Microphone combo socket external monitor HDMI-out supporting p signal format Multi-Card Reader supports SD Card up to GB miniSD microSD Card with adapter up to GB SDHC Card up to GB SDXC Card up to TB with UHS-I support up to MB s and MultiMedia Card up to GB RJ- USB USB integrated HD Web Camera with built-in microphone Expansion memory slots Wireless communication Wireless Technology Bluetooth LE Compliancy Wi-Fi Network Support b g n up to Mbps Wireless Technology Wireless LAN Wired communication topology Fast Ethernet LAN speed BASE-T BASE-TX Sound system supported audio format -bit stereo speakers built-in stereo speakers enhanced by DTS Sound Keyboard keys Windows keys Yes special features Matt black tile keyboard with comfortable tactile keycap design and -digit numeric keypad Pointing device type Touchpad with multi-touch control supporting various scroll zoom and launch functionalities at your fingertips Battery technology lithium-ion cell maximum life up to h min Mobile Mark AC adaptor input voltage autosensing AC adapter V for worldwide usage output voltage V output current A Physical dimensions W x D x H x x mm weight up to kg Bundled hardware AC adaptor Bundled software CyberLink MediaStory depends of the configuration CyberLink PowerDVD depends of the configuration DTS Sound Evernote McAfee LiveSafe - Protects ALL your devices complimentary day subscription Microsoft Office - month trial for new Microsoft Office customers TOSHIBA Display Utility TOSHIBA Eco Utility TOSHIBA Function Key TOSHIBA Media Player by sMedio TrueLink TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor TOSHIBA System Settings Security features HDD password on request slot for Kensington Cable Lock supervisor password user password Special features AMD AllDay Power ENERGY STAR qualified computer HD Audio support SM BIOS compliant nbsp

A:Speed Query, Windows 7, 200Mbps (Virgin)

I've recently upgraded my speed with 'Virgin Media' from 'Vivd70 (70Mbps)' to 'Vivid200 (200Mbps)' ... yet speed tests indicate I'm only receiving around 98Mbps, is this correct, also are these laptops restrictive in anyway to larger speedsClick to expand...

Have you checked your laptop's advertised 200 Mbps speed with both an ethernet connection and a wireless connection?
An ethernet connection will usually give you faster and more stable speeds than a wireless connection.
I get a much lower speed on wireless than I do on ethernet.

You may also need to reboot your modem/router before the new speed takes effect.
My ISP recently upgraded us from 150 to 200 Mbps, but the new speed didn't take effect until after I rebooted my modem/router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-query-windows-7-200mbps-virgin.1165804/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everyone I have a problem with my broadband speed and would DROP SPEED: Virgin SUDDEN Broadband IN welcome any help please I m running Win on one HDD and Win on another - not multi-boot but selected by F boot manager as required Results are the same on either O S My SUDDEN DROP IN SPEED: Broadband Virgin Desktop pc connected to my Virginmedia router is consistently uploading at - Mb s It should regularly d l at Mb s or thereabouts Broadband speedtest net showed that it did so when I first had the new router However for several weeks now it has been registering only - Mb s This is now my normal result though on occasion it blips to - even Mb s x Virginmedia staff have been out to check the router and declare that all is well x Virginmedia phone help staff have taken over my pc and failed to do anything except appear to ruin my pc and advise me to to get the O S re-installed that problem went away after the techie hung up - then the system was fine Virgin don t have a complaints dep t or any other type of support so I called I m leaving which apparently is actually customer services They promised to help and arranged another techy visit The following day an unexpected Virginmedia person visited and said that he was network and had checked and renewed items just in case from the main server via every stop to my house He asked to speedcheck my pc Mb s then took out my ethernet cable and put it into his laptop and ran numerous speedtests -all showing Mb s He declared that Virginmedia were perfect and the problem was with my equipment I have a second pc with an identical Motherboard Processor and RAM It had a Win that hadn t been used for a year I hooked it up to a different mouse and keyboard and put my ethernet cable into it Result - consistant Mb s d l speeds I decided to update it about Win critical updates and use that as my desktop pc After the updates I surfed and then ran speedtests - and got - Mb s d l speeds So it is not the ethernet cards in the pc s I begin to think that I am being throttled by my ISP Does anyone have any other theories or advice please I use Firefox but have also speedtested on internet explorer My Motherboard is an MSI K T Neo v with onboard Realtek Semiconductor RTL M Gigabit Ethernet and the processor is an AMD Athlon Mhz according to HWinfo The pc s each have Gb ddr I know that the pc s are old now but both run perfectly well apart from the broadband d l speeds Any help welcome any other pc details available on request Thank you for your co-operation nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

First of all I am new to this community so I appologise if this thread is in the wrong place The last few weeks I have been having many problems with their services I try to play call of duty and all I get Media Virgin is constant lag connection interuppted etc I phoned them up told them what was going on and they said nothing was wrong with it what so ever I have unplugged my modem for minutes restarted my router Virgin Media etc etc Virgin Media and still it lags At this moment in time I am getting really annoyed and want something done about it There is obviously something wrong So basically from the point I turn my computer on the internet lags It s sometimes slow to bring up internet pages and I get around - ping on CoD servers Including my own Sometimes the download speed is fine kbs depending where I download from is the max I usually get and from what I have downloaded recently I always get ish If anyone has any ideas on what is going on and any possible fixes I would be very grateful if you could post them up Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

does anyone know of a app or a way to get virgin media TV programs on ps4 or even pc, I can get sky but not with sky ??

A:virgin media

Does the Link below help ...
Virgin Media - Set up the Virgin TV Anywhere app

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/369091-virgin-media.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Virgin Media Super Hub that allows me to reach up to mbps In the first year of owning Virgin Media it it performed excellently and I Virgin Media had no complaints whatsoever For the past years however I have had frequent yet inconsistent fluctuations that either reduce my speed to the point where youtube videos will only buffer at p or it will disconnect me entirely Ping also rises averaging somewhere between ms and ms during these fluctuations I have called emailed and web chatted with Virgin to resolve this issue and every single time they tell me they ll run some tests restart the router remotely and it should be fine That response has been given to me countless times and my internet is never fixed I never get what I pay for My laptop is located a floor above the router and it is connected via wireless I never expected to reach the full mbps or even come close to it but these fluctuations are not acceptable I average around mbps which is fine since I don t download that many large files Last week I decided enough was enough and made another phone call to Virgin Media s stellar customer support line This time I requested to buy a wifi extender so my wifi could reach my laptop a little better and hopefully reduce fluctuations I waited for the Netgear Powerline package to arrive and then set it up Virgin gave me this device to plug into a socket next to my router and this device to plug into a socket in my room Long story short after hours of tinkering with the flimsy devices they have done very little to solve my issue Yes they have reduced the fluctuations however they have done that by greatly lowering my internet during random times So when I do get internet it s great and it works almost perfectly however whenever it s not working perfectly I end up getting mbps mbps to mbps is a huge jump I think we can all agree on that Furthermore both of the devices I have linked have ethernet ports on the bottom The first device utilizes that port to link itself to the router which is fine The second device however can make use of that port to link itself to a computer Now of course I jumped to go and connect my laptop to the device via ethernet since a wired connection would be ideal for me only to find out that as soon as the connection was made my laptop was stripped of all internet connectivity So to sum up Virgin provides an unreliable internet service with poor customer support Avoid Netgear s Powerline kit is gimmicky and either heavily throttles my internet whenever it pleases or completely cuts it off if I connect via ethernet I am very sad All replies are welcome thank you for your support Now excuse me while I go back to my p youtube video nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I Hope Someone Can Help Me,problems Opening This Site.problem Being I Can Get On To This Site Ok,but The Page Goes Crazy,my Mouse Goes All Over And I Can Not Control It. This Site Was Ok This As Happend In The Last Few Days,could It Be In The Area I Live In Ie Doncaster,i Have Broadband,orange.
Microsoft Xp Home.
Help Required Please.
Steve.

Virgin Media .com/sport.

A:virgin media media.com/sport

Try deleting all Internet cache and cookies. Within IE 7 select Tools, Delete Browsing History, and Delete All...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-media-com-sport.700903/
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently after many years of normal router had superhub installed by Virgin - supposed to be speed of The engineer told us -give it Superhub.... Media Virgin a couple of hours well here we are weeks later numerous speed tests at all sorts of times day evening getting a speed of about no more than Emails lock up which has never happened before and the whole system is worse than on the old router Called engineer who after ages on phone remotely controlling my computer came to the conclusion that we have spyware on our computer and that is the reason we are not getting the speed Now I am hopeless with computer speak and anything technological but even I find it hard to believe that this would be Virgin Media Superhub.... the case We have Microsoft Security Essentials on and I thought that had the defender for spyware built in Can any one shine any light on this problem - are they fobbing us off or could spyware cause this Thank you for your help - Lisa nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi if this is the wrong forum please advise so I can redirect I have just changed to virgin broadband from orange freeserve this means I have gone from a phone line to a cable supplied email service when I was with orange I could send email virgin name media and receive emails via my domain service provider ie email account was set to pop studio co uk and smpt freeserve co uk and for freeserve mail pop freeserve co uk smpt freeserve co uk now with virgin I can virgin media email name receive from the above pop settings but the smpt understandably has to be set as smpt virginmedia com that makes sence but what does not is that emails sent all arrive at there distination as have been sent by verginmedia com not from studio ect ect this is because i have had to set the outgoing server settings to my outgoing server requires authentication and log on as virginmedi com and log on using spa this the only way that virgin as smpt will allow mail out and of course the mail arrives as from virginmedia not freeserve or studio co uk if you follow this does anyone know how to set up a email address other than virgin one but send it via virgin adwb

A:virgin media email name

Virgin doesn't require outgoing authentication.

Try the following smtp without the authentication box ticked - smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/240346-virgin-media-email-name.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, Wonder if anyone can help..?
I am going over to VM bb and query their PC Guard, I use Firefox and Thunderbird and wondered if PC Guard works with this E-mail/browser, no mention that I can see in it's FAQ, I don't use Internet Exploder (as I call it).

Pretty sure I haven't come across this software before, any clue on it's rating, good, bad or indifferent for example or would you stick to the 'usual', Kaspersky, AVG for example - just trying to get some idea of it's performance, I'm on Xp pro - "thanks"..

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-pc-guard.594220/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all virgin media just upgraded my broadband to "UP TO 50MB" but I downloaded a file last night that was 182MB and it took 2 hours and 15 minutes is that right ???? seems like dial up to me, I know it say's "up to" but was this slow? in the extreme or am I wrong here ???

A:Virgin Media 50MB

Hi there .. That does seem very slow indeed .. I know at certain times your Download speed can be cut back .. Have you tested your Download speed though that is only a guide really .. If things do not improve i would complain ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338161-virgin-media-50mb.html
Relevancy 60.63%

A TP-LINK-802.11ac Wireless Gateway with DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/Router. This third party non-Virgin Media unit will work? by just plugging it in, it will replace non-Virgin Media Modem/Router.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/third-party-non-virgin-media-4605244/
Relevancy 60.63%

My Internet was recently downgraded and a few hours after this my internet went down. After resetting the router and set top box the internet was working fine on my mums, sisters computer.
However i can get onto online things such as MSN messanger, but when ever i access the internet using Firefox im prompted with a screen asking me to sign into NTL?

The web page is ; BIA computer provisioning. I cannot access any web pages using my address bar, but if i search things on the google tool bar it lets me browse the internet.

I can access the internet using IE, but i prefer Firefox and was wondering if any1 else has experienced this?

Thanks for any help given

Relevancy 60.63%

I purchased a Buffallo router it is a rurbo G airstation one and a usb card thingy so my =[[ Virgin Please Help,wireless Media other pc gets connected to this router router is in living room usb adapter in my bedroom and the router is working im typing now but when I try to connect my pc upstairs with the usb thing it connects but web pages not showing I have virgin media internet modem thingy PLEASE HELP ME Please Help,wireless Virgin Media =[[ NEED INTERNET I work from home on internet and one in Please Help,wireless Virgin Media =[[ front room my house mate uses THANKS IN ADVANCE I HOPE I will get fired if I dont work also I read people and they say do stuff and I did what they do hope this help CMD says Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Cloud Please Help,wireless Virgin Media =[[ gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name cloud- trf vyt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description MAC Bridge Miniport Physical Address - - B- D- - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server C Documents and Settings Cloud gt http img imageshack us my php image uu png http img imageshack us my php image plzdoif jpg PLEASE HELP I NEED TO WORK TO LIVE PS My name s Cloud nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-wireless-virgin-media.644422/
Relevancy 60.63%

my friend has a Linksys Router WRT54G to which she has a dell pc hardwired to it and a which she connects to it. her ex had changed the wep key and admin password. so i have reset the router so we can access the router again from the pc. did this all ok.

she is on virgin media. we have checked that it is set up ok as per virgin config . but now the pc which is connected to the router by wire nowwont connect to internet

any ideas

A:linksys on virgin media

First off, can she connect directly to the Virgin modem? Did you power cycle the modem when you configured the router?

Let's see this for for any connected machines on that router.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-on-virgin-media.742213/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there i am Broadband Media Virgin currently trying to connect my new Netgear RP v to my broadband internet connection provided by Virgin Broadband however i am experiencing a bit of trouble I used the setup disk to set all the hardware up did this Virgin Media Broadband fine with no problems then it went on to reset the network in order to set everthing else up and it came up saying that i have a Static IP address and i needed to enter my IP address Subnet Mask default gateway and the DNS Servers which i dont have a clue what they are or where i can find them I then rang virgin and they said the router should just set it up so theres no need to know these details they said you need to change it to DHCP i also dont know how to do this either I would be very grateful if you could help me with this one and tell me once the router is setup on the one computer how to set it up on another Cheers Luke nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I have recently moved into my girlfriend s brother house and they have virgin fibre optic broadband The Superhub is the router that comes with it and im having so many problems trying to connect to it Im running Hub Super Virgin XP and Media Windows xp sp and have a Bt voyager pci wireless card Looking at the network Virgin Media Super Hub and XP connections it says that im connected with good signal but if I try to load a web page I get an error screen saing im not connected to the internet now at the moment the wireless seems to be working fine on my iphone and ipad Also if I plug my old laptop into the router via ethernet cable I have the same problem I can see im connected in network Virgin Media Super Hub and XP connections but cant load a web page I have tried changing all the encryption settings on the router and even disabling all encryption and I still have the same problem of being connected but with no internet Anyone got any more ideas I have tried everything I can think of and so far im just tethering my phone so I can at least use my pc nbsp

A:Virgin Media Super Hub and XP

Let's start with a wired connection and get that to be stable+reliable - - the wifi will then just fall into place.

WIRE a connection and disable the WiFi device

now get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

followup on this thread and attach the myTCP.txt file or copy/paste its content.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-media-super-hub-and-xp.186526/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I have just signed up for Virgin Media's Broadband service.

The engineer visited and installed the router etc and all seems to be working really well on my Wife's Laptop which is loaded with XP.

However, my laptop is loaded with Vista and although the laptop can see the router and connect, it will only connect with a Local connection and will not connect with a full connection. As a result I am not able to connect to the Web or sync my E:mail.

I believe this may be down to certain settings on my laptop?? Can anyone help?

A:Virgin Media Broadband and Vista

you can try this,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-broadband-and-vista.969076/
Relevancy 60.2%

Used this free media v Virgin stuff backup. back up software but now when I try to access my backup on the web I Virgin media v stuff backup. get the message that virgin steek com does not have valid certification Havent a clue what this means and the virgin site is no help either Any one else used this The Virgin media v stuff backup. other problem is that it has backed up all my partners files with mine although his desktop is password protected and We had no warning this would happen I did not add him as a user to the application I stopped the backup when I realised his were down loading but it now runs Virgin media v stuff backup. automatically when the computor is on and has probably continued to back up his files When I finally get access to it on the web all his files will be accessible to me Not what we intended I can see this might be a huge problem for some couples but it is a minor nuisance for us

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225711/virgin-media-v-stuff-backup/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey Ok heres the problem - I have a Netgear WGR v wireless router given by Virgin Media and a Macbook I used the install disc on my mates XP laptop to set it all up and it was working fine for a few weeks until last night when I came back from work The wireless just stopped working Now then I ve checked double Macbook Virgin wireless Media + checked and triple checked the WPA password - I ve reset the router and still can t connect When I goto connect in OSX it asks me for the password which I enter and it either says connection failed if using the shortcut at the top or password is incorrect if using OS X s assistant I ve disabled the WPA password from the routers admin page but it still won t connect to the internet Mac OSX shows it s connected and has a strong signal strength and from the router s admin page I can Virgin Media wireless + Macbook see that i m connected to the router but no internet pages work at all I know it s not my wireless card Virgin Media wireless + Macbook in my Macbook because theres an insecure wireless network in my street which i can connect to fine I can also connect to the internet using the routers ethernet ports Any help here Sorry for the long post tried to give as much info as I can nbsp

A:Virgin Media wireless + Macbook

Update

Ok so after hours of fiddling and deleting files I am finally connected wirelessly, although very unstable.

I get dropped every so often, websites take for ever to load and on speedtest.net i barely reach 100kbps (its a 10mb line).

I tried pinging my router and this is the output:

Macintosh-2:~ Kent$ ping 192.168.1.1
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=249.905 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=133.708 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=9.913 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=86.584 ms
^C
--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 9.913/120.028/249.905/87.033 ms

When I connect the ethernet wire up, they all drop to less than 1ms... Signal strength is good, I have WPA protection on, OSX is up to date. My friends XP based laptop gets pings <1ms wirelessly also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-wireless-macbook.759961/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm having problems with PC Guard. It was working fine until yesterday, then stopped working when i restarted saying i hadn't used it for 30 days and needed to revalidate. I got it restarted but the same problem each time i restarted. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but now the installer says it's having problems contacting the server.
I'm running XP and PC Guard is only installed on the one computer. Like i said it's been working fine for the last 4 months.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-virgin-media-pc-guard.620479/
Relevancy 60.2%

Few months back I had my virgin media hub updated to the v3.0,everything works as should apart from its added some time to Windows 7 accessibility,the pc boots to desktop and the Network icon sits with the blue spinning circle for a few minutes before I get the message "Network 3 internet access,unidentified network no internet access"
However I still have full access to the net
Any idea why its spending time looking for Network 3? Have phoned virgin media but they had no answer

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-virgin-media-hub-30-slows-start-4605228/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently moved from Virgin to BT, and now have "Virgin net broadband" and "Wireless manager" as redundant programs on my computer.
"Add/remove programs" does not even see them, and I have tried "Revo uninstaller - hunter mode", which replies that there is no installation package foiund for either program.

Virgin tech support say I can just delete the files, but I am nervous to do this without checking if the "Guys That Know" would recommend such an old fashioned method!

Your views please

Relevancy 59.34%

I recently Dec purchased an Apple Time Capsule HD amp WI Fi to run with my iMac OS X I also run a PC amp laptop using XP The PC is really only used to run several non internet with Virgin Solved: Capsule Time Media programs that are not compatible with a Mac All hardware is connected via a Sweex wireless router amp a Motorola SURFboard modem Mac PC amp lap top all worked fine until Time Capsule was introduced The PC has no problems connecting to the internet but now the Mac is very inconsistent and can take ages Solved: Time Capsule with Virgin Media amp numerous attempts before getting on-line The router was removed from the configuration but made no difference Apple Support have been helpful on several occasions advising on settings etc but still the problem persists The Mac amp PC will work fine without the Time Capsule but I would like to keep the automatic backup facility required for the Mac only that it provides I was assured before buying Time Capsule that it is compatible with Virgin Media but I am not so sure now Any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: Time Capsule with Virgin Media

The problem has now been resolved. The router has been removed from the configuration and after 'repairing permissions' and resetting, in particular making sure 'Bridge Mode' was NOT selected, my system is operating correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-time-capsule-with-virgin-media.886995/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey,
Any recommendations on a router which is xbox live compatible and works with the virgin media connection? I bought a belkin which said it was compatible with both but was terrible with xbox live. I'm looking to spend at most £70, any ideas?

Thanks

A:Wireless Router for Xbox 360 and Virgin Media

would you define further

but was terrible with xbox live.Click to expand...

and the exact model of the Belkin, it may have been wireless issues, or other issues rather than just the router
- Are you sure a replacement will fix the issue
What country are you in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-for-xbox-360-and-virgin-media.150506/
Relevancy 59.34%

I bought an Advent Roma 2001 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium on Saturday but when I tried to install the drivers for my Virgin Media broadband connection using the CD, I got a message saying that the OS was not recognised and I needed to upgrade to ME or XP. I phoned the Virgin Media helpline but they seemed to suggest the computer was at fault, has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?
Also the Advent came with no manual so I don't know how to access the built-in webcam, I never used digital visual media before so I don't know the programs which one would use, can anyone help please.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this, your help would be much appreciated.

Neil Gray

A:Virgin Media broadband drivers in Windows 7

Hi Neil

How are you connecting the laptop to the modem - WiFi/USB/Cat5?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/63944-virgin-media-broadband-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I have a cable virgin media (20MB) connection. The router that I was supplied with only allows a port to be open to one xbox at a time. The upnp only assign a port to one xbox which means that the other 2 get a "NAT Type: Strict" message.

What cable router would you recommend to allow me to connect 3 xboxs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-media-and-3-xbox-360s-nat-problems.153918/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone I with Virgin Wireless 1TB Media Capsule Time posted a problem of mine on here a while ago about problems with wireless networking and my 1TB Time Capsule with Virgin Media Wireless virgin media cable modem Virgin Media have solved that recently and i was upgraded with a new cable modem and was given a new wireless router - Netgear WGR I own a Vista PC and a MacBook They gave me a setup CD to go with it and i reluctantly followed 1TB Time Capsule with Virgin Media Wireless it now my Wi-Fi is working great I just purchased a TB Time Capsule and i want to 1TB Time Capsule with Virgin Media Wireless use this as my main wireless router due to it being n and also to use its wireless HD function for my Macbook and also its print server I would like to know how to set up my Time Capsule to make it work with my Virgin Media Cable Modem currently connected through my Netgear wireless router then to my PC I would also like to know if it is possible to connect my USB printer to the Time capsule and also to the non-wireless PC so i can simultaneously use it wirelessly and on my PC My main worry is that i set up my current wireless router using the setup CD and I m not sure if the TC will work in conjunction with my router and using the CD Thanks for any help i know i haven t explained my situation too clearly so feel free to ask as many questions that you need to know nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

so i just upgraded my router from nbsp VM but my laptop won't connect wirelessly to the internet unless I switch on off the router each time I want to connect nbsp the VM router connects to my phone tablet and to new media connect Pavilion super hub virgin won't HP the my ps with no problems at all I only have this problem with my laptop nbsp both my parents HP Pavilion won't connect to the new virgin media super hub have Acer laptops but they don't have this problem so I really think the problem is nbsp from my HP laptop nbsp Yes everything is up to date whether nbsp it's windows or the drivers and I always check if there's any updates needs to be downloaded nbsp I changed the password of the router and that fixed it temporary nbsp and then went back again nbsp I also used HP nbsp Support assistant nbsp to help me find the problem but it says the security type don'tmatch and the error number is nbsp do you have any suggestions pls reply asap nbsp

A:HP Pavilion won't connect to the new virgin media super hub

Hi @TahaniM, Welcome to HP Forums!  I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that you need to restart the router every time when you try to connect your Pavilion laptop to WiFi after you changed the router. Please follow the setps on the link of HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) Let me know any of the steps helps. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.  Regards,  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-won-t-connect-to-the-new-virgin-media-super-hub/td-p/5693104
Relevancy 59.34%

I acquired an Advent Roma 2001 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium but I can't install the drivers on the CD for my Virgin Media broadband connection because I get a message saying "This OS is not supported, you must update to ME or XP. The Virgin Media helpline led me to believe that it was the computer at fault, not the disc, but I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if they've been able to solve the problem.
Thank you for taking the trouble to read this, any help would be much appreciated.

Neil Gray

A:Virgin Media broadband drivers blocked

in the first post on this problem z3ro10 asked the question "how are you connecting the laptop to the modem wifi/usb/cat5" we need to know this to enable us to help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/63969-virgin-media-broadband-drivers-blocked.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Have found that or are Either Virgin Media really I'm that [email protected]!! infected my internet has become incredibly slow and the connection suddenly breaks frequently This problem started a couple of weeks Either I'm infected or Virgin Media really are that [email protected]!! ago and either Virgin Media UK Company are crap or I ve got a few viruses My anti-virus programme warns me about numerous threats but is unable to delete or quarantine any of them Also Downloading is taking for ever and Word documents seem to close suddenly Any help would be brilliant - thanks guys Here s the Hijack this logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ntl ntl Netguard fws exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sony Net MD Simple Burner NetMDSB exe C Program Files SolidDocuments SolidConverterPDF SCPDF SolidPdfService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA INSTAN INSTAN IWCTRL EXE C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite DataLayer DataLayer exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPage Opware exe C Program Files ntl ntl Netguard RPS exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run IW Controlcenter C PROGRA INSTAN INSTAN IWCTRL EXE O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA ntl BROADB SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exe O - HKLM Run USIUDF Eject Monitor C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exe O - HKLM Run DataLayer C Program Files Common Files PCSuite DataLayer DataLayer exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run Opware quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPage Opware exe quot O - HKLM Run PDF Registry Controller quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPage PDFConverter RegistryController exe quot O - HKLM Run ntl Netguard quot C Program Files ntl ntl Netguard RPS exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot st... Read more

A:Either I'm infected or Virgin Media really are that [email protected]!!

Hello bbmack,

Surprised that someone who has participated at TSG for so long would not know that double-posting on the same request only means more work for the staff here. A reason in part why delays occur. No malware has shown in either of the threads you posted, though i do see both McAfee and I would assume that firewall ntl Netguard service running there. What items are getting alerts on that can't be removed - what files and locations please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/either-im-infected-or-virgin-media-really-are-that-cr-p.659323/
Relevancy 59.34%

Guys,

I have just recieved my cable modem from virgin media on a 20mb cable broadband line. I also have a Linksys WRT54G and want to share my connection wirelessly. The modem I have is the Scientific Atlanta DPC2100

I plugged it into the internet port on the back of the router but it does not allow me to connect to the internet from my computer.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Dave

A:Virgin Media Cable and Linksys WRT54G

Did you turn the modem off for 30 seconds, then restart it? That's a mandatory step.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-cable-and-linksys-wrt54g.656598/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello All Virgin Media came and Time Headache Virgin Media Capsule round to install TV Broadband and Phone services for us a couple of days ago and ever since then I ve been having problems - there was no support for Mac in the router installation but a phonecall to Virgin resolved this I currently have a Virgin Cable modem which is connected to a Netgear WGR wireless router I want to add my Apple Time Capsule to this network I m not looking to replace the router with TC just have it integrate on as my iTunes library and backups are stored on Time Capsule and I will Virgin Media and Time Capsule Headache be the only user using it In my previous house I simply connected the router via Ethernet to the back of the Time Capsule for it to obtain network settings and then the Ethernet could be removed and it was all fine and good However I have tried connecting the cable modem and router both via Ethernet to the Time Capsule and AirPort utitlity is failing to find the TC I would be most grateful if anyone has any ideas suggestions or a solution as to how I can resolve this Thanks nbsp

A:Virgin Media and Time Capsule Headache

I should also add that I've successfully been able to configure an Airport Express via Ethernet, its just Time Capsule that seems to be failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-and-time-capsule-headache.859705/
Relevancy 59.34%

When I want to access my (virgin media) email I have to go back to my desktop. Altho it's in my favourties I want to have the shortcut on my task bar. I can't move the shortcut by dragging it there. Is there any other way I can get it on my task bar?

A:Can't move virgin media shortcut to taskbar

Hello Nougart,

You should be able to use one of the options in the tutorial below to create a website shortcut that you can "Pin to Taskbar".

Internet Website Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/45050-cant-move-virgin-media-shortcut-taskbar.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, please bare with me on this one, I have been with NTL now Virgin Media for a year, and have used there Sec package for the same amount of time with no problems, within the last two weeks, I had to uninstall and then reinstall PC Guard, I had a problem with the activation page, it was there fault they had a problem, I now can down load it, but at the end of the install it says, unable to load required security drivers [pkt] and then this no. 2146500093.

Has anyone any ideas if it is me or it is them.

my system:

EMachines 3021
512DDR SDAMM
100GB Hard Drive
AMD3100+
Windows XP Home SP2
IE6

at the moment I am using Windows Firewall, AVG Spy-ware/Anti-virus/spy-bot search and destroy as a stand alone, just while I get things sorted.
Any help will gladly be received.

Cheers Flipping eck

Relevancy 58.91%

Our Internet stopped working, and from the lights on the old router (Belkin wireless N, Internet button was flashing orange) it was an Internet problem, nothing to do with us, but nothing we or person on the phone at virgin did got it to work. So engineer came out yesterday and installed the Superhub thing (which I hear is what they install as standard now) replacing the old router and the old modem. Anyway now it seems slower, the PC I have in my room upstairs which connects wirelessly to the Internet is now only showing speeds of between 65-72 mbps, whereas before I was getting 150mbps all the time. Also when playing the Xbox 360 I seem to get a bit more lag than usual. Is there anyway to say boost the signal or make it better, just seems odd that a 5 year old modem and year old router gives out slower speeds than a new superhub router.

A:New Virgin Media Superhub slower than previous router

My superHub was delivered on Friday but i might not connect it now after reading this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-virgin-media-superhub-slower-than-previous-router.1076348/
Relevancy 58.91%

hello everyone

i have a weak wifi signal all around the house and i was wondering what is the best repeater that would work with virgin media's superhub

thank you

A:Best repeater to improve Virgin media Superhub Wifi

Hi there ... Have you always had a weak signal .. What sort of speeds are you getting .. I had the same problem with the same company you are using .. I called them up and now i am getting great signal all over even in the rear garden .. So i suggest you try that before being out any expense

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310661-best-repeater-improve-virgin-media-superhub-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hi im having a problem with my netgear vmdg480 wifi router, something happens to it at least once a week and getting a bit fed up with it!!

ok my router is on and i have 2 lights showing 1 is flashing blue the other is green and the 3rd is the wifi light which is not on!! and will not turn on even after switching off for 5 minutes and after reseting the router. It was working fine in the morning and now will not activate the wifi on the router ive looked through other forums but nobody has helped if anyone knows what the problem is let me know thanks

A:virgin media netgear vmdg480 wifi problem

sorry this is a virgin media router im on about

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-media-netgear-vmdg480-wifi-problem.1031032/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi folks not posted many times here but here goes Both my wife and I have a laptop each running on a wireless router Everything has as Virgin Problems Homepage Media not with normal! displaying been fine until a few weeks ago when my Problems with Virgin Media Homepage not displaying as normal! wife's laptop suddenly decided it would not display VM's homepage as normal What she gets is a page full of Problems with Virgin Media Homepage not displaying as normal! VM's advertising for all it's services There is no news weather movies trailers Problems with Virgin Media Homepage not displaying as normal! and all the other usual stuff is missing My laptop is unaffected Should say that my laptop runs on Vista and the wife's is an XP sp machine with both fully updated for Windows I'm using the Chrome browser and she prefers IE although she has Chrome installed this still shows the same problem If we change her homepage to MSN uk this doesn't exhibit the same issue as Virgins page does Have tried all I can think of to resolve this but nothing has helped still getting the same problem Have scanned for viruses and malware using various scanners software to no avail Have run HJT but can't see anything unusual there Suspect that it maybe remnants of a virus or even a firewall issue One thing that does come to mind is that I once installed Prevx on her machine and then uninstalled it a long time ago however Windows security Centre is complaining it is turned off have tried removing left overs for Prevx but have had no joy no matter what I tried The web address is shown as http www virginmedia com which is the same shown on my vista machine apart from mine doesn't show the http bit This problem is not related to our wireless router as we spent over weeks at mother in laws down in Devon using her slow BT connection a few weeks ago and had identical issues there Anyone out there who can suggest something I haven't already tried or thought of have Googled this but nothing matches the exact problem the wife has Getting to the point where the only thing I can think of is a fresh install will be a nightmare as she has lots of GAMES installed and will want it all back just how it was before want to avoid that if at all possible as it will me sorting it for her

A:Problems with Virgin Media Homepage not displaying as normal!

I changed your posted link, was slightly different from what I get as VM webpage.

In IE, the simple answer is to go to the VM webpage...then go to Tools/Internet Options/General tab...and click Use Current button to reset as homepage.

If you've already done this...pardon .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498207/problems-with-virgin-media-homepage-not-displaying-as-normal/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All, I am trying to install Virgin Media Security onto my Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Fujitsu Siemens Computers Amilo M3438G laptop.
I have tried to install it several times but gets the same error message about a critical error at 96% of the install (attached). Can anyone help me?

A:Help! Virgin Media Security Not Installing! Critical Error!

Looked on VMS website and cant find anything. I meet the minimum and reccomended system requirements!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/208900-help-virgin-media-security-not-installing-critical-error.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have a Sony Viao Model No-VGN-CS32GH, INTEL PENTIUM PROCESSOR T4200(2GHZ), WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC(32-BIT), MEMORY 2GB, HARD DISK DRIVE 250 GB, WIRELESS ADAPTOR-ATHEROS AR928X.

I cant seem to connect to the wireless network virgin media6582156 at my place.For some reason it connects half way to the network but not to the internet?

Any solutions??

Relevancy 58.91%

I am very much a beginner when it comes to networking.

I am trying to create a wireless bridge between my Virgin Media Super Hub (Netgear) and a Linksys WRT54GS v.4 running DD-WRT v24-sp1.

I have tried setting the wireless mode to Client bridge and entering the SSID of the main router and then entering matching details for the Wireless Security settings but nothing seems to happen and my connection still says 'No internet access'.

The gateway for my main router is http://192.168.0.1 but the gateway for the WRT54GS is http://192.168.1.1. Could this be the reason why they do not like to connect to each other?

I originally tried it using this guide: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-turn-an-old-router-into-a-wireless-bridge/

A:Wireless Bridge Between Virgin Media Super Hub and WRT54GS V.4

Have a look here Sean !
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33674953-vm-finally-post-news-bridge-mode.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-bridge-between-virgin-media-super-hub-and-wrt54gs-v-4.985895/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I use Virgin Media cable broadband The pipe comes into the house and connects to the virgin cable modem I then link the modem to a working Solved: Media broadband with Router not Cable Virgin Draytek Vigor vg wireless router This setup has been working fine for the past years however it has now suddenly stopped working I can connect to the Draytek router both wired and wirelessly and get an IP Solved: Cable Router not working with Virgin Media broadband address however the router is not recieving a signal Solved: Cable Router not working with Virgin Media broadband from the Solved: Cable Router not working with Virgin Media broadband modem which are connected via an ethernet cable I can get connect to the internet by directly connecting to the cable modem I have reset the vigor router settings and have tried other vigor routers that i know for certain work on other networks with the same issue I have called Virgin who keep telling me it is not their problem as the internet is working on the cable modem I vaguely remember when I first setup the system that I had to reset the modem when everything was connect I done that but still no luck Not really sure what else to try - any advice would be really appreciated I have no idea how I managed to cope without wireless before I just dont know Cheers Matt nbsp

A:Solved: Cable Router not working with Virgin Media broadband

Reset the router to factory default settings. Clone to its WAN the ethernet MAC address of the computer that gets internet access through the modem. The clone is not necessary with most ISPs, but will not hurt.

Unplug the modem and router. Connect modem to router's WAN port. Plug in modem, then plug in router.

If the router's WAN still does not get a good IP configuration from your ISP I suspect the router has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cable-router-not-working-with-virgin-media-broadband.759939/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey, Does anyone know how I can connect a Virgin Media Router to a netgear router to let people connect wirelessly?

At the minute the netgear router cannot connect to the internet and the virgin media router is not wireless? Is there a way to merge them both and create some sort of link.

Thanks,
Fearghal

A:Connect Virgin media router to netgear to make wireless?

Hi FMJC001,

It's been a week since your post so you may have resolved your issue. But here is how I have set up:

From the internet to the virgin media modem then via ethernet cable to the wireless router. Then I have connected via ethernet cable to my PC from one
of the LAN ports. But I use my laptop wireless..

Hope this helps

Wizzkid

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/176949-connect-virgin-media-router-netgear-make-wireless.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I've been using a virgin.media email account with Windows Live Mail for years without any problems, but today, whenever I try to send/receive mail, I get the following message:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10061"

I've read a few similar forum posts and it looks as though some settings might outdated or need altering, but I have no idea which ones to change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unable to send or receive messages for the Virgin Media email account

Hi there ... Some of Virgin Servers have been down today .. Due to Maintenance work .. This might be your issue if not read the Link below ....

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...ice.controller

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/332834-unable-send-receive-messages-virgin-media-email-account.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi - I think the audio hw on my mother board is shot. It's an emachine 3418 running win/xp.

Up until a few days ago it was working fine (had sound). Now nothing. The diagnostic properties for the device say it's working fine. But it's not. Desk speakers don't work, nor headphones. Also the front jack doesn't produce either.

Wondering, can I just put a PCI audio card in, and override the sound card on the motherboard?

Alternative debugging techniques welcome. Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Ed

A:Virgin post on this board - Realtek audio issue

Yes, you can install a PCI audio card. Just remember to disable onboard sound in the bios after you install the new sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-post-on-this-board-realtek-audio-issue.89056/
Relevancy 55.9%

How to fix Dell Inspiron Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable Virgin Media Router Hi all please help I have not been able to connect to the internet on my home WIFI network via cable or the WIFI at work since nbsp Monday evening nbsp I have restarted my laptop and reset the quot D Link D - High Speed Router quot several times - separately and simultaneously according to my laptop and Virgin Media s instructions over the phone Virgin Media said that it was Media fix Inspiron (Virgin Laptop connects Router)? and 1545 internet How to Dell cable via to so it wireless a problem How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)? with my laptop as my IP address starts with quot quot as of last How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)? night it started quot quot I have also called Dell who have not helped at all Are there any drivers I can download from the Dell website to fix this issue or another safe program I can download I want to download drivers or programs to a USB and transfer the files to my laptop as I have no internet access My computer wireless menu states the following Unidentified NetworkNo Internet AccessThen it shows a list of NetworksMy Network - Connected Limited AccessPlease help I want to sort this out asap Thanks nbsp

A:How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)?

PhotoFem,

The bold print makes it harder to read and sometime people do not respond to these posts.

Did you power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Power on the ISP modem router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on your wireless router(if any)

start, all programs, accessories, right click on cammand prompt, left click run as administrator. Type

ipconfig /release          (space between the g and /)

Restart your computer. Try to connect. What happens?

Does your wireless router have these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11?

What operating system are you using?

Rick 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19375141
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

I have been with Virgin Media for a few months and I find their router a real pain and its wireless connection keeps dropping out and I can only connect my laptop using a ethernet connection.

So, my question is this - is there a reliable alternative DSL Router that I could buy to replace the Virgin one that doesn't drop out?

Thanks

A:Replace DSL Router for Virgin Media DSL Router

Yes. I am on Virgin as well. Firstly is it an all in one device or is there a modem that then connects to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-dsl-router-for-virgin-media-dsl-router.1008008/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just changed from talktalk to virgin media.. My sony laptop switched wirelessly with no problems. i have another laptop Asus but i can't get the Asus connected to the internet.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys and Gals,

I've been really happy with Win7 thus far, except for the only thing that isn't currently working.

Media Streaming via Media Player 12.

Every single time I click OK, regardless of settings, it crashes explorer.

Anyone else encountererd this problem?

A:Media Player 12 - Media Streaming Issue

Try installing the codecs pack for Windows Media Player and report back.
Download Windows Media Player 9 Codecs Pack - Latest Windows Media codecs - Softpedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/25354-media-player-12-media-streaming-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

the windows player speed is off not a lot but its faster it plays faster and records faster just enough to really bug you if you know the song its got only three settings that i can find what controls the playback and cd making speed other than those?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4450e, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3453 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 226949 MB, Free - 51239 MB; D: Total - 11523 MB, Free - 1576 MB;
Motherboard: ECS , Iris8, 1.0 ,
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-speed.969845/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a problem using Media Player's (v10) playing speed "enhancement" the only speed it would let me choose is 1.0 ... same with all of the files.
Any idea how to make it let me change the playing speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-playing-speed-problem.396643/
Relevancy 44.29%
A:How do you slow down both the pitch AND speed using VLC Media Player

I don't know if its the same on all versions or not but on both ends of the slider relating to the current position there should be a double arrow, left pointing (slower) on the left and right pointing (faster) on the right. Each click on the left makes it go a little slower. I don't know if it can do that with any video or if its limited to compatible codecs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-slow-down-both-the-pitch-and-speed-using-vlc-media-player.1005205/
Relevancy 44.29%

OK, I have to use Windows Media Player for one of my college classes...I'm not terribly familiar with the program since I haven't used it since I found Winamp (which in my opinion is MUCH better). Anyway, for some reason, it won't allow me to speed up the playback anymore, even though it did let me just yesterday for the same video. What the heck happened? I want it to playback at 1.5 speed, and it just refuses to budge off of 1.0. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 44.29%

I would like to be using windows media center for my music but whenever I am in the music section of the menu s it is difficult to navigate because it can take more Center Media Reaction Windows Speed than seconds Windows Media Center Reaction Speed for an action to be Windows Media Center Reaction Speed recognized by the program An example would be I start browsing an artist and decide to choose another I try to return to the listing of artist s and it takes a long time for the program to return during which the program freezes except the music if I have some running Another I am using the keyboard to navigate the music menu s and I select a song to listen to it sometimes takes up to seconds for the program to open the next menu asking if I want to play the song or add it to then now-playing list Is this normal I have no issues watching video with it over my tuner-card I have not tried it with any other video media as of yet Is there a way to make it run any faster I am able to accomplish most task s with a computer so no solution is too difficult for me to implement nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-center-reaction-speed.968132/
Relevancy 43.86%

I listen to audio recordings of conference calls and edit transcriptions of them. When I had Windows XP and and an earlier version of Windows Media Player, I was able to use either a menu command or a keyboard command to increase or slow the speed of playback, and the player responded instantly to these commands. Now I have Vista and its new Windows Media Player 11, and there is a delay of 5-10 seconds between when I use the command and when the recording actually slows down or speeds up. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest another media player that would work better? I've tried Real Player and VLan, neither of which appears to have this control at all, and Goldwave, which has the controls I need in two different windows and doesn't work particularly well.

A:Adjust playback speed in Windows Media Player

The GOM player (http://www.gomplayer.com/download.html) has audio speed controls. I don't know how well it compensates the pitch though.

Is the response time the same for WMP if you use the menu; Play>Play Speed>speed up/slow down method as well?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adjust-playback-speed-in-windows-media-player.703236/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, don´t know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have recently just got Virgin Media 10mb connection (wireless). Me and my friend share this connection, he has a mac i have a pc(laptop). It seems that my friend can get near enough full speed with downloads etc (tested on speedtest.net), my friend got nearly 10mb download speed, however I averaged at 6mb. Another example, my friend downloaded a file from a website, the speed went at about 1.5mb/s, I then downloaded the exact same file directly after his download had finished, my average download speed was 250kb/s.
My wireless card is "intel(r) pro/wireless 3945abg", it is a 54mb/s card so it should be more than capable to get the full 10mb/s that is offered to me. Any help in how to 'de-restrict' my card to obtain the full speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

Ran into a bit of a snafu wondering if some kind soul s might take pity and offer a hand I ve had this computer home built for a few years and never had any problems with it I turned on the computer yesterday and the BIOS is showing the incorrect CPU it shows Athlon XP I can t remember what it used to say I think but I m not Windows XP is showing my speed as Ghz which is Mhz less than it Speed Issue CPU used to show as it used to show xGhz I don t know exactly what my CPU is so I don t know what to look for when changing my CPU Speed Issue FSB multiplier and such I used CPU-Z hoping it would give me some clue but it is also telling me I have as an AMD Athlon XP Barton Currently my multipler is set at and my bus speed is Can anyone help me locate my missing Mhz Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-issue.801691/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

i have the latest BIOS update wich is F36 and i still have the issue from the time i bought this laptop win 8.1 to win 10 all up todate the problem is exisit and every time i upgarding the BIOS software i didnt see the problem has fixed !! the prblem in short that i cant hear the fan loud or maximum speed when i play game when the CPU Tem reach 80c the Fan did not reach the maximum speed (with that said CPU must not reach higher than 70c ) even though my FAN did not work properly )that i heared before every time i tried to update the BIOS ican heare it extreamly load and clear  . please HP this is supper proiority and must be fixed as soon as possible i cant play any game at this moment because of lack of speed in the fan to cool dowen the cpu .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-speed-issue/td-p/5854677
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys after installing some new RAM i checked CPU-Z to see if all was ok, and it doesn't seem to be.

I bought some Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1866MHz, however is doesn't seem to be running at 1866 more like 667MHZ.

I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 and a AMD FX-4100

Is there way i can force the speed on the RAM to 1866?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Toby

A:Memory Speed Issue

CPU-Z reports the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (DDR2, DDR3) transfer data twice per clock tick, so CPU-Z reports 667MHz for DDR3-1333.

Most motherboards seem to run DDR3-1333 and up at DDR3-1333 by default. To get the higher frequency, you'd either need to set the BIOS to use XMP, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283103-memory-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey all boys and girls First post Now to my question problem I have just bought a laptop from Fujitsu Siemens Its a model Amilo M G and it runns with Pentium M Gz GB worth of RAM - Please Help! speed issue Wireless LAN Nvidia MB Please Help! - Wireless LAN speed issue Go Integrated wireless b g Windows Home Edition SP Norman Virus Control just updated Router is D-Link DI- For more spec just ask me I have a problem with my wireless speed My signal strength is max when ever I am inside my house But the speed gets as low as Mbit s My brother has a laptop and it runns just fine with the WLAN and he can play intenet games surf and everything else with out problems We live far away from anyone else so it cannot be that someone is stealling my connection There are people with a simmilar problem http forums speedguide net archive index php t- html And it happens to quite manny so there has to be some sort off solution My friend told me it might be a firewall issue Can that be it and what do I do to get rid off it Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx Hyper nbsp

Relevancy 43%

hi guys,

what would cause a slow wireless connection?
the computer thats wired is fast enough...
but on the toshiba it takes 20 to 35 seconds for google to open...
what i have tried:
i have updated the browser to internet explorer 7
i installed firefox 2.0.0.9
i uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless Nic and recreated the connection...
very odd...any ideas

Relevancy 43%

Okay here s a real head-scratch-er About days ago I started noticing some serious speed issues with web browsing while using my wireless router Every once in a while I will notice little differences during what may be peak hours and whatnot Internet issue Serious speed but this is far worse I decided to do a speed and ping test and I got an F on my network that Serious Internet speed issue normally receives a low A or high B I ran a gamut of spyware tests and I am clear there Anyway the real thing that is confusing me is I attempted to connect via a hardline the cable I use to connect to my wireless router so I at least Serious Internet speed issue know it s functional but the network was unidentifiable and I could not get an internet connection but when I reconnected my wireless router and let everything restart I was able to connect wirelessly using the same modem that would not connect me through an ethernet cable I have a Belkin n wireless router and I would appreciate any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Serious Internet speed issue

Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it?

What download/upload do you get with a connection directly to the modem with Speedtest.net? With an ethernet connection to the router? With a wireless connection to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-internet-speed-issue.1045478/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone,

i am downloading google softwares with fast speed but slow on other sites slow speed.....

I mean when i download any google softwares and youtube videos ..download speed will be about 1Mbps but when i download from any sites like softpedia.com or other sites ..download speed will be about 25 kbps...please guide me ...

Thanks

Jenisbob

A:Issue on download speed

First what kind of internet service do you have, and what speed.
Test your internet using dsl reports, or speedtest. I prefer speedtest: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

How are you connecting to the internet, wired or wireless. Also as a side note the slow download speeds could also be on the downstream server end. The number of simultaneous downloads, they might throttle back the server to save bandwith, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-on-download-speed-657806.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey chaps I have just got bt broadband and a homehub v However I am trying to use utorrent on my desktop The main router that is being used is a TP- Link TD-W N which is then plugged into a powerline adaptor This comes out of the other powerline adapter in another room and goes into the bt homehub which I am using as a hub the ethernet cable comes off this into the desktop When I use my laptop on the wireless and connect with utorrent I can Issue utorrent speed with get speeds of up to MB d l but when I use the desktop I can only get around - KB s Issue with utorrent speed I have followed stuff online and set Issue with utorrent speed port forwarding on the homehub but Issue with utorrent speed I am still getting terrible speeds Can anyone help Thanks Chalph Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT GTO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH HU Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Issue with utorrent speed

For your convenience here is a copy of the rule:
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-utorrent-speed.993971/
Relevancy 43%

I am using a D-Link DIR-655 router on a Windows Home Server network.

When I connect the WHS to a cable upstairs (short cable) I get Gigabit connection speed, however when I put the server downstairs (10 metre cable), I only get 100 Mb LAN speed.

The only difference is the CAT-5e cable and length.

Do I need a shielded CAT-5e or a CAT-6 cable.

The WHS box needs to be downstairs.

Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-speed-issue.735587/
Relevancy 43%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 43%

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all.

My friend sent me a message about his laptop. He formatted it last night because it was running very slow, but the problem continues.

What sort of things should he look at to fix his issue?

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 43%

I'm running a DSL connection from a router to my wireless laptop. Regularly my speeds aren't quite as advertised but I still get 2-4 Mb/s generally. Lately it seems my web browsing has been sluggish and doing a speed test, this is proven.

However, bittorrent downloads go much faster than normal browsing.

Can anyone explain to me why this might be? I thought my slow speed could be due to my latency, but that doesn't explain to me why bittorrent is so much faster!

Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone, I am using a linksys WRT54GS wireless router and usually works fine, but lately I noticed it's been getting slow speeds and then when I restart the router it goes back to normal and very fast for about 20-30 minutes (could vary and be longer sometimes). But then after that it goes back to it's slow speed until I restart it again.

When I bypass the router it works fine with direct connection, all my firmware is upgraded, getting 100% signal strength, it's not just my computer because when I ping from the router admin panel it gets all request timed out aswell.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Relevancy 43%

Welcome and well met Here s my computer laptop specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Speed issue Internet Processor L AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus None I have internet service from excede by wildblue satellite with a cable modem It s supposed to be up to Mbps Average I m getting is around - Mbps according to speedtest net The site also says I m accessing the net from Stanton MI I happen to live just north of Chicago IL Share the internet with my sister who has an older desktop with Windows Internet Speed issue XP on it Last weekend I bought a new router from MicroCenter A Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit WNDR v Both my laptop and my sister s desktop are plugged in Internet Speed issue to it Hasn t helped from what I can see I use IE for my browser I ve tried Firefox and Chrome and didn t find either of them any faster than this Can anyone tell me why my speed is so bad Is it my desktop Maybe my cat e cable is old My biggest gripe right now is that watching videos STINKS online Also I enjoy playing certain Facebook games like Journeys of Jesus and Disney Ghost of Mystwood They re horribly slow to load Can anyone offer me any suggestions of what could be causing the slow-down Thank you nbsp

A:Internet Speed issue

That is not a bad speed at all. The advertized speed is the maximum, rarely achieved in real situations. The location of your internet connection is where WildBlue's servers connect you to the internet.

Not sure what to say about your video problem except that when I had a 2 mbps connection, I watched YouTube without many delays. A lower quality feed may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-issue.1089717/
Relevancy 43%

Hi This is all generally centered around my music folder all the songs clicking explorer, Player, Media options when in speed right Windows folder are in one folder because thats what works best for me My problems are as follows When Windows Media Player, options when right clicking in explorer, folder speed I right click I get several options for Windows Media Player I want none of them I hate it I only use Winamp and WMP never gets touched how do I get rid of this Also when I right click I get options for Winamp all I really want is Play the default double click for a music file and enque in winamp Also all the files in the folder all have the same winamp icon why then when I scroll across to view more songs does it take its sweet time loading them The songs have the loading icon until the winamp one finally replaces it Its Windows Media Player, options when right clicking in explorer, folder speed rather annoying Any way to fix these annoyances Thank you Note If I leave the folder open for a while I can zip back and forth between all the music files and all the icons will be loaded and theres no lag whatsoever Second Note Is this edit feature new It s awesome nbsp

A:Windows Media Player, options when right clicking in explorer, folder speed

anyone? The Media Player options are really annoying, my right click list is so long.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-options-when-right-clicking-in-explorer-folder-speed.494492/
Relevancy 42.57%

Well to start off im running a windows vista -bit computer its normally never been slow but i recently had a horrible virus which i had taken care of the virus was a system check virus im not sure much about it with computer issue Having an problem and speed but i know it was removed and the laptop Having an issue with computer speed and problem is running again but recently i havent had any speed on it what so ever i usually play a game on it and it ran so great before i Having an issue with computer speed and problem had the virus the virus was removed and now its running horrible it lags alot it loads slow and much more i have ran multiple virus scans using malware bytes and have not found thing yet i would really appreciate if someone could help me get it running like it used too im willing to let someone control it with remote access to see whats going on if needed i just want it fixed i can help by answering any questions you need to know as well im not very great with computers but i can figure it out so if you see this please help i would really appreciate it alot and thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Having an issue with computer speed and problem

also a friend of mine said to try and get ahold of a computer cleaner or booster, something along those lines if that will help does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439228/having-an-issue-with-computer-speed-and-problem/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok so I have been fighting this issue for days with no luck I'll provide as much information as I can and hopefully someone may know a fix or at least some more steps I can take in fixing this issue This is a home user Sky Fiber using Sky's router at Issue Network Speed Windows just over Mbps download His LAN consists of Windows laptop Windows PC iPhones Windows Network Speed Issue Windows laptop - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Iphones - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Windows PC - speedtest net shows - Mbps download although at random times during the day can reach - Mbps not often The windows PC was previously Windows when this issue started From the begining on Windows - I upgraded network adapter drivers to the latest version updated bios amp chipset drivers to latest versions with no change I performed virus malware scans and found the PC to have a fair few viruses and malware I did numerous removals with no change Safe mode with networking worked fine At this point I decided it may be a very nasty Virus Trojan Rootkit of somekind that is evading the anti-virus malware programs He had Windows and was looking to upgrade his machine anyway so we though it would be a good time to format the drive and do a fresh Windows install Windows - installed the latest drivers chipset networking adapter graphics card etc and still no change Speed still around - Mbps ocassionaly hitting the expected speed of - Mbps but not very often Safe mode with networking still working fine At this point I'm thinking a driver issue Tried with a wired connection no difference tried taking the wireless adapter out of the machine unistalling the drivers and then testing wired connection same issue Tried disabling IPv same issue Tried turning off the option - allow the computer to turn off this device same issue Tried changing the local computer policy that resevers bandwidth - forgot the actual name - however no change Tried with Windows firewall off and A V off no change All the while it is working in safe mode with networking Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-F A XM-HD Wireless Adapter - Edimax EW- Pin V Has a Realtek chip Wireless Adapter Driver - Realtek RTL CE Wireless Lan n PCI-E NIC Driver Date Driver Version So any help with trying to resolve the issue would be much appreciated a question in my mind is that if the safe mode drivers work fine could I use these drivers in normal mode Assuming the drivers are at fault Kind regards Tom

A:Windows Network Speed Issue

Hi to BC,

If you do a clean boot does it work as expected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539668/windows-network-speed-issue/
Relevancy 42.57%

An application we use to run reports runs application over Speed Network Issue one with very slowly A Speed Issue over Network with one application couple of years ago I had this Speed Issue over Network with one application same problem and figured out it had to do with my hubs which were still running I changed my hubs for HP gig switches Speed Issue over Network with one application changed my ethernet cards in the pc s to gig cards Everything worked great Reports that took minutes were now down to minutes Here is my problem I recently added an IP phone system and had to change my switches because the ones I had did not meet the specs for the phone system I added gig Extreme switches with power over the switches which was needed for the new phone system Since we did this the speed for reports has gone from minutes to minutes not as bad as it had been but still bad Testing that has been done I have run cat cable from the workstation into the HP switch which had been running fine and left the phone on the Extreme switch which is needed for the phone to work We tried running reports after hours when there was no traffic over the network When this was done there were only people in the office Still took the minutes or so Please help nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

After having problems with IE 11 on my old eMachine with Win-10 (Home)/ Comcast server I installed Chrome. It works good but the speed test resulted in 1/3rd the speed of IE 11 or FireFox. Several typical dead end suggestions (Internet ?sperts) I assume that Chrome has some setup problems, but cannot find the cure. Any suggestions? BTW, both IE and FF run ~125 Mps, Chrome~45.

A:Chrome speed test issue

Well, guess no one here knows or cares about this.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63138-chrome-speed-test-issue.html