Windows Support Forum

audio sounds like it keeps getting stuck when downloading

Q: audio sounds like it keeps getting stuck when downloading

Everytime i am downloading a file, if i play an audio file it will sound like the sounds keeps getting stuck and making a weird electric buzz then continues and repeats... how can I fix this? what extra info do you need?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: audio sounds like it keeps getting stuck when downloading

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: audio sounds like it keeps getting stuck when downloading

free up some resources, (stop unnec. services, not needed startup programs, not too many apps running at once), add more ram, faster internet connection
sounds like your pc is using a lot of processes at one time and causing the pc to do too many things at one time for what it can handle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-sounds-like-it-keeps-getting-stuck-when-downloading.681790/
Relevancy 55.04%

i recently bought a new mobo (MSI - p4m900m3) and everything is working fine apart from i cannot get my sound to work.... everything seems to be installed correctly in device manager ( no '!' next to any of my audio drivers) i have ALC888 on board sound. on board sound is enabbled in my BIOS. iv been compleatly stumped on this one for quite a while. if you need any more information just ask. any help would be very appretiated.

Relevancy 55.04%

I am using the trial version of Audio Mid Recorder and when i record anything from like lets say, youtube or even from a radio station it comes out sounding very thin, as if it was recorded from a pair of head phones. All audio devices seem to be in working order.
ok, I just found out why it's sounding thin is because it was recording through the mic head set. Now I disabled the headset but still on the recorder the source device on the drop down option for recording device it is not listed.

A:Audio Mid Recorder audio sounds thin and fraily

I thought that this was disable to plug the analog hole, so that people could not record what they are hearing from their sound card...basically going around copy protection.

Analog hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think they started it with Vista, I could be wrong.

Here is some more info on it:
Ask the Doctor: Pluggin' the Analog Hole | Maximum PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/17494-audio-mid-recorder-audio-sounds-thin-fraily.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Windows 7 64-bit I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor My audio is working, but I'm getting "popping" noises every 15-30 seconds and it's really bothering me. I updated to the latest driver for Realtek AC'97 and I insalled the Realtek HD Audio drivers, but only the AC'97 shows up in the device manager. When I got to add/remove programs, it shows that HD Audio can be uninstalled, but I don't know if that means it's working. From reading around on the internet, some people said the HD Audio driver solved their problem, but I'm not sure if mine is actually working or not. I don't know much about computers, so please spell things out explicitly for me so I can just follow directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-and-popping-sounds-unable-to-find-realtek-hd-audio-driver.890498/
Relevancy 52.03%

While I was playing a game and talking on skype my computer started freezing and unfreezing every 2-6 seconds. I restarted to try to fix the problem and it made strange clicking sounds and got stuck at the starting windows screen. Startup repair didn't work. I booted up into safe mode fine and malwarebytes didn't detect anything and I'm thinking it's something MalwareBytes can't detect. I am using windows 7.

A:Strange clicking sounds, stuck on starting up windows.

I waited about 30 minutes and my computer finally booted up.. don't know why it was super slow.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573881/strange-clicking-sounds-stuck-on-starting-up-windows/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Originally Posted by TomStrong

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34487-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi another win 10 user here who has had problems receiving windows updates.Update (KB3124263) has been stuck at 45% for 3 or 4 days now.I've read some of the other threads here explaining so-called fixes but I'm not totally confident in deleting files and folders and moving things around.Does anyone know how I am able to stop the downloading of this update?.

Thanks any info would be much appreciated

A:(KB3124263) Stuck Downloading

Update has finally downloaded and installed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/37695-kb3124263-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey
So had to format my system yesterday,it usually takes around 2-3 hours for WU on"Checking for Updates" but this time it toke more than 12 hours to find them,when checked to start downloading them it wont download,it's been an hour now just " Downloading 246 updates(0 KB total,0% Complete)" is there any way to avoid this ? or is Microsoft that desperate ?

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

You are correct, MS is desperate, let it run overnight.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398771-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

In the control panel, I open the sounds and audio window. The window is greyed out and I can't access any of the controls in this window. How can I make the page highlighted so I can use the controls under the volume tab.
chuckH-D

Relevancy 50.31%

Is there anyway to remove the sound tab in Sounds and Audio devices, using a regedit and then to readd it.....
Thanks

A:Sounds and Audio in XP

Why would you want to do that? If you have audio problems it would be a driver issue or a dead sound card. Might even be something simple like a muted function.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-and-audio-in-xp.555097/
Relevancy 50.31%

i was doing some clean up on my computer today and got just about 2 GB free from my computer. i think i only had 1 flaw in the process. my real one player wasnt workin so i right clicked on my computer and properties, then devise maneger then pci multimedia audio devise properties. then it says" the drivers for this devise are not installed. so i messed up. i ran a search for it and nothin came up. there is probably a simple way to download it again but i dunno how. thanks for all your help.

Relevancy 50.31%

Gulp...
XP Pro [SP2] with AMD Duron 1300, Creative USB sound card. 20Gb HD, 256ROM. Sis video card, err... can't think of anything else of importance. The issue...

I can hear some audio; through WMP and some AVP and anti-spyware notifcations. I cannot hear embedded audio or system sounds. Attempting to run test in Control Panel: Sound and Audio Devices: Sounds, when highlighting system sound (eg Windows Alert), the 'Browse' button is 'illuminated', but the 'Play' or 'Test' arrow remains greyed out. I cannot hear Wndows Start Up or Closed Down, no email notifications, and my Opera browser sounds are also deafeningly silent.

I have reinstalled drivers, updated where necessary and looked for answers in Google. Then it dawned on me. I have yet to ask the experts.

Can anyone please help? I have Ad-Aware 6 Pro and Kaspersky AV and both say that I am not infected. Thanks.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Everyone....

I have been struggling thru this Win 7 update hassle on my two Dell PCs both running Win 7 , 64 bit, SP1, Windows firewall, and Avast Free. In the past, updates just took a while, but eventually, they went thru OK.

Suddenly, after this week's updates, one of my PCs got stuck at 0% downloading 5 selected updates since Tuesday. The other PC updated properly with no problem.

I have left the system on for hours on end, but it is still 0%.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400758-win-7-updates-stuck-downloading-three-days.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) has been stuck at downloading updates 52% for over a day. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you kill the update and try again?

A:Update KB3124200 Stuck Downloading at 52%

Originally Posted by Steve C

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) has been stuck at downloading updates 52% for over a day. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you kill the update and try again?

Steve, if the updates are stuck, resetting should help:
Do the steps as indicated here:
Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10
Let us know how it goes.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35491-update-kb3124200-stuck-downloading-52-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to upgrade from windows to The reserve icon was not on the taskbar went to windows update 0% Windows at stuck downloading Update found out I had important updates which will not download when I try Also update and support programs from samsung will not open Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Johnson administrator on JOHNSON-PC - - Running from C Users Johnson Downloads Loaded Profiles Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Johnson amp Available Profiles Johnson amp Mcx -JOHNSON-PC Platform Windows Home Premium X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcContextHookShim exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcCMService exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe SEC C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe SAMSUNG Electronics C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MpCmdRun exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in ... Read more

A:Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===If present remove this program in bold using the Add/Remove Program applet.Iminent (x32 Version: 6.46.1.0 - Iminent) Hidden <==== ATTENTIONPress the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [mobilegeni daemon] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobogenie\DaemonProcess.exe
Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\570\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]
HKLM\...D6A79037F57F\InprocServer32: [Default-fastprox] fastprox.dllATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess?
HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
ShortcutTarget: tcbhn.lnk -> C:\Users\Johnson\AppData\Roaming\BrowserCompanion\tcbhn.exe (No File)
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.certified-toolbar.com?si=41179&bs=true&tid=397&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {afdbddaa-5d3f-42ee-b79c-185a7020515b} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{E... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590109/windows-update-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 50.31%

My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge.
Do you guys have the same problem here?

Maybe during the downloading of the updates, I had turned off my notebook, so would that have a negative effect on the way the updates are downloaded or in process of downloading?
So for example, next time if there is a Windows Update and the downloads are in progress, is it OK to turn off my machine while Windows 10 is downloading the patches or security updates?

The only way I could recover from this mess, is that I read these steps from the below link.
?www.thewindowsclub.com/w ??? -updates

But overall in general, the way Win10 handles these updates is a PURE MESS, and I hope in Redstone, this will be fixed.
I never had these issues in Win7...

A:Win10 Updates stuck downloading

I had a hard time updating my 10586 (1511) Version so I let it update and download over night. DON'T !! it also downloaded the "Feature update", meaning the anniversary update and tried to install that. I interrupted the update so Windows will be forced to go back to the 1511 Version.
Whenever a new cumulative update is available, I made it a habit to download it from the catalog:
Microsoft Update Catalog

that way I do not rely on the Windows update and can do that even disconnected from the web.. Has always worked for me...

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63733-win10-updates-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry if this is not the proper place for this question. I just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and in the Windows Store, a download for Microsoft .Net Framework package has been stuck downloading for about a week now. It's interfering with my ability to download anything else. How do I get rid of this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-package-stuck-downloading.1160793/
Relevancy 50.31%

i cant get anny further than 0 kb 0% when downloading the latest updates i did a clean instal but no sucess
still 90 essential updates to go ran it over a night and not even 1kb furter

A:Windows Update Stuck at downloading

Try disconnecting your PC from the internet>close Windows Update>reopen windows update and see if an install (not download) button is showing and click it. Then reboot and start downloading the next batch. Sometimes Windows needs to install what it has before it can download and install the rest. You might have to do this a couple of times. Windows also (like recently) has to update Windows Update before it can further download.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65449-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.31%

after an update version aka new windows 10 version, i check my window update , and its stuck.
on downloading 0 %. already check windows update servicing, sfc, trouble shooting, dism, nothing works for me..
a help pls?

A:Windows Update stuck at downloading

Hi,

what type of connection do you use to access the Internet - mobile broadband (cellular), WiFi or Ethernet?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58709-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I can record sounds from the mic. input ok. But can't record sound bits from a CD using Sound Recorder. I am using Win XP Home with Windows Media Player 10. How do I extract parts of a CD to wav. format?

Relevancy 49.88%

xp home= iv lost my scheme(sound) when windows starts up or

shuts down.iv redone the windows default (sound) have all the clicks but no startup windows music ,what im i doin wrong?
Have not any shut down either.

A:sounds and audio devices..

Hi

Go to:
Sounds and Audio Devices Control Panel -> Sounds tab
Under Sound Scheme, select "Windows Default" from the drop-down menu.
Now scroll down the "Program Events" list below, and hi-lite:
Start Windows
From the "Sounds" list below this, select:
Windows XP Startup.wav

Click the little [>] arrow box on the right just to confirm that the .wav file plays ok.

Repeat for:
Exit Windows
Select: Windows XP Shutdown.wav

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-and-audio-devices.115861/
Relevancy 49.88%

My brand new HP Pavilion dv1000 laptop suddenly started having major audio issues last night. Both on headphones and on the speakers (so I know it's not the speakers).

It sounds choppy and broken up -- sometimes like its in slow-motion. All audio -- CDs, MP3s, video clips, etc.... it's a problem!

Can anyone make a suggestion for a way to fix this? I'd rather not send it back for service if I don't have to.

THANKS!!!

A:Audio Sounds Choppy

Hi alllisonbraley1,

Welcome to BC....

What I understand from you is that your computer was working fine and then it started having problems with music. The first question to ask is to see what changed. Did you load any software? Screensavers, freebee programs, etc... or visit a site that made you agree to a download before it would work?

Do you have another program you can try...? (If you are using Windows media Player, can you try WinAmp?)

Let us know and we will go from there...

Good Luck,

Rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29183/audio-sounds-choppy/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I had logged this recently but then it seemed to have dissapeared again so I asked for my previous log to be closed That was obviously not the case as it has returned with a vengeance The symptoms are that audio ads are playing for clicking (again) sounds and ads audio no apparent reason There are also clicking sounds in the background A new thing is that they seem to start playing now also audio ads and clicking sounds (again) during the booting of my laptop There are also multiple audio ads playing at the same time I ve copied and pasted the contents of the following logs below - DDS txt and Attach txt from running dds - Report txt RKUnhooker - MBRCheck txt MBRCheck It s driving me audio ads and clicking sounds (again) completely mad so please help Here are the logs DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by blok at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT AV Total Protection Service On-access scanning enabled Updated C - F - E - DC-AD E C SP Total Protection Service enabled Updated DEBE C- A A- CC- A- E BB SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW Total Protection Service enabled FBE - BE- F - F F- DB BBBC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ff a STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager SMManager exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ff a aestsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exesvchost exe C Program Files Dell Ambient Light Sensor AlsSvc exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system svchost exe -k apphostsvchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exeC Windows Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet state exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint DCPButtonSvc exec Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exeC Program Files McAfee Managed VirusScan VScan EngineServer exec Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC Windows system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Kontiki KService exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MANAGE VScan McShield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee Managed VirusScan Agent myAgtSvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedc Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeD Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC ... Read more

A:audio ads and clicking sounds (again)

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.:run combofix:Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully Please continue as follows:Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you. Please include the report in your next post:C:\ComboFix.txt"information and logs"In your next post I need the followingLog From Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have hadHow is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338914/audio-ads-and-clicking-sounds-again/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am currently using a Behringer C- microphone and the mic works great with no problems except for one thing The audio sounds really strange The only thing that I can tell that makes the audio on this mic differ to say a normal Sounds Odd Audio Microphone (Help!) microphone is that the left and right audio channels are completely flipped or inverted It s better listened to than explained so here s a sample https www youtube com watch v aszz MMwM Y So if you don t think there is a problem with the first mic allow me to explain I want Microphone Audio Sounds Odd (Help!) the audio to sound the way it sounds in real life as though you were standing next Microphone Audio Sounds Odd (Help!) to me I want CLEAN and NATURAL sounding audio Microphone Audio Sounds Odd (Help!) the microphone that I have sounds different than other people when they use it it s like the audio is coming from the back of the speakers when played I don t have an audio mixer or any way to trouble shoot this but I need a program that can provide a constant fix If you can let me know of any way to either troubleshoot mess with audio settings or make the audio sound as though you were in the same room as me I would greatly appreciate you sharing the information Thanks for taking a look at this - Scope nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-audio-sounds-odd-help.1074538/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello My laptop is currently suffering from audio ads which play for no apparent reason I ve also noticed that when I m not running MS IE version I can still sounds and audio clicking ads see iexplore exe processes When I end of them they ll both disappear only for new ones to be created a couple of seconds later When an audio ad is playing and I end of these processes the audio ad stops playing This has only been happening for a week or so but I can t remember anything specific I ve downloaded or installed which might have caused this My laptop also produces sporadic clicking sounds even when I m audio ads and clicking sounds not doing anything at all This has actually been happening for such a long time that I ve almost gotten used to the sound I ve done the following to provide you with information - i ve run defogger- i ve run DDS please find the contents of DDS txt below and I ve attached audio ads and clicking sounds Attach txt NOW COMES THE STRANGE BIT I ve tried to run GMER but EVERY time I run it my laptop crashes I get a blue screen and it reboots itself I ve tried it times on different days with proper shutdowns in between but still audio ads and clicking sounds get the same result everytime The blue screen is only there for about a second so I haven t been able to spot the actual message As a result I m obviously not able to provide the GMER log I ve also provided a HijackThis log Can someone please have a look at this as this is driving me crazy I work from home and I use Skype throughout the day to talk to people and having ads cut in every minutes sometimes doesn t help Here s the logs DDS txt----------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by blok at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT AV Total Protection Service On-access scanning enabled Updated C - F - E - DC-AD E C SP Total Protection Service enabled Updated DEBE C- A A- CC- A- E BB SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW Total Protection Service enabled FBE - BE- F - F F- DB BBBC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exesvchost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ff a STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system WLANExt exesvchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager SMManager exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ff a aestsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exeC Program Files Dell Ambient Light Sensor AlsSvc exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k apphostC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exeC Windows Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet state exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint DCPButtonSvc exec Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exeC Program Files McAfee Managed VirusScan VScan EngineServer exec Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC Windows system inetsrv ... Read more

A:audio ads and clicking sounds

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335540/audio-ads-and-clicking-sounds/
Relevancy 49.88%

I bought a new computer and it will not make a sound.

I can play my mp3 files, but configuring my system for signals (like exit WIN or mail arriving) brings no results.

Where can I look and what possibilities can I try?

A:Sounds and Audio devices

With XP, go into control panel-sounds and audio devices

on the sounds tab, make sure that you have a sound scheme selected, then test some of the WAV files.

If you're still not getting WAV sounds, then you need to open up the volume controls and make sure that WAV Audio is not muted.

Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-and-audio-devices.109053/
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows XP Pro.
I was making a test call on Skype, which I understand is not illegal, and it told me to change the settings in Sounds & Audio Devices. I still could not get the sound right on Skype and much worse I can no longer play music on WMP. How can I reset my sound settings please???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-audio-devices.379173/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio laptop and recently whenever I use YouTube Spotify Netflix stream or play audio visual content anywhere the sound freezes and makes a robot noise constantly I am a dummy with computers and technical stuff but from what I like Audio a on everything, robot sounds help!! please have read on the web regarding this matter it could have been something to do with drivers too much stuff on the hard drive flash and or java needing updating etc I have done all of these things I think and it still hasn't done anything Could someone plleeassee advise me what I need to do to sort this out Also my fan is very hot and sounds like a vacuum cleaner I have tried cleaning it I think I need a new fan but could this be affecting anything Thanks all edit I use latest internet explorer and sometimes chrome but it is the same on both of the browsers and besides it happens with spotify which is downloaded

A:Audio sounds like a robot on everything, please help!!

It does sound like something having to do with your sound card drivers. I would go into the device manager which is in the system tab of the control panel and completely uninstall the sound card and any other related components; reboot; then let windows hopefully re-detect and reinstall the sound card and its associated drivers.If you need more info on anything just ask.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/365976-audio-sounds-like-robot-everything-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I have a Creative Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card on my HP G3100 computer and although the audio sound is ok, its not great. My main problem is the audio sounds compressed and 'dips' when the music gets louder. I read somewhere that is could be something to do with the BIOS settings and the PC is giving too much time to the graphics card or other hardware. Not sure as I'm not really that tech minded.

Any help greatly appreciated,

PC specs:-
HP G3100
CPU 3ghz
RAM 2gig

Kohlirowe

A:Audio sounds Compressed

Update to my original thread, I've just realised that the sound to my movies plays fine and so does my music making software. Just playing music files and web music sounds muffled......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-sounds-compressed.854631/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I need help. Whenever I hear audio on my computer it sounds like the chipmunks are talking. How do I fix it???? Thanks.

A:Audio Sounds Like The Chipmunks

Hi, and welcome to BC Try looking here for some clues to your problem and let us know how you get on:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...e/0067.mspx#435

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55439/audio-sounds-like-the-chipmunks/
Relevancy 49.88%
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello there Thanks for reading this I am having so much trouble removing this Malware My computer has caught something every now and then Audio Malware Sounds random audio starts playing and I can t enter any wepages such as MajorGeeks or online virus scan Also when I try to download Hijack this and DDS it won t open the webpage just says Error Not Found When I go to download Hijack this and DDS it redirects the browser to the Error message I managed to download aswMBR Audio Sounds Malware exe and here is the log from that I couldn t manage to download or access any of the other files required Appreciate any help at all Thanks Maja aswMBR version Copyright c AVAST Software Run date - - ----------------------------- OS Version Windows Service Pack Number of processors x ComputerName MAJA-PC UserName Maja Initialize success AVAST engine defs Disk boot Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IAAStorageDevice- Disk Vendor ST D Size MB BusType Disk MBR read successfully Disk MBR scan Disk Windows VISTA default MBR code Disk Partition DE Dell Utility Dell MB offset Disk Partition A HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk Partition Audio Sounds Malware HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk scanning sectors Disk scanning C Windows system drivers Service scanning Modules scanning Disk trace - called modules ntkrnlpa exe CLASSPNP SYS disk sys ACPI sys halmacpi dll iaStor sys nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Harddisk DR x CLASSPNP SYS afa e - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt x f ACPI sys a c d - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Ide IAAStorageDevice- x a AVAST engine scan C Windows AVAST engine scan C Windows system Disk MBR has been saved successfully to quot C Users Maja Documents MBR dat quot The log file has been saved successfully to quot C Users Maja Documents aswMBR txt quot aswMBR version Copyright c AVAST Software Run date - - ----------------------------- OS Version Windows Service Pack Number of processors x ComputerName MAJA-PC UserName Maja Initialize success AVAST engine defs Disk boot Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IAAStorageDevice- Disk Vendor ST D Size MB BusType Disk MBR read Audio Sounds Malware successfully Disk MBR scan Disk Windows VISTA default MBR code Disk Partition DE Dell Utility Dell MB offset Disk Partition A HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk Partition HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk scanning sectors Disk scanning C Windows system drivers Service scanning Modules scanning Disk trace - called modules ntkrnlpa exe CLASSPNP SYS disk sys ACPI sys halmacpi dll iaStor sys nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Harddisk DR x CLASSPNP SYS afa e - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt x f ACPI sys a c d - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Ide IAAStorageDevice- x a AVAST engine scan C Windows AVAST engine scan C Windows system Disk MBR has been saved successfully to quot C Users Maja Documents MBR dat quot The log file has been saved successfully to quot C Users Maja Documents aswMBR txt quot AVAST engine scan C Windows system drivers AVAST engine scan C Users Maja Disk MBR has been saved successfully to quot C Users Maja Documents MBR dat quot The log file has been saved successfully to quot C Users Maja Documents aswMBR txt quot aswMBR version Copyright c AVAST Software Run date - - ----------------------------- OS Version Windows Service Pack Number of processors x ComputerName MAJA-PC UserName Maja Initialize success AVAST engine defs Disk boot Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IAAStorageDevice- Disk Vendor ST D Size MB BusType Disk MBR read successfully Disk MBR scan Disk Windows VISTA default MBR code Disk Partition DE Dell Utility Dell MB offset Disk Partition A HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk Partition HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk scanning sectors Disk scanning C Windows system drivers Service scanning Modules scanning Disk trace - called modules ntkrnlpa exe CLASSPNP SYS disk sys ACPI sys halmacpi dll iaStor sys nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Harddisk DR x CLASSPNP SYS afa e - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt x f ACPI sys a c d - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Ide IAAStorageDevice-... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

think I am the victim of the recent "bug" that used the animated cursor in Windows to react with RealTek AC'97 audio and it's driver. I have no audio at all...The speakers and microphone are not recognized by the OS,...the "new hardware" is not being found. All the drivers and codecs are up to date and I have tried Soundman and WMP...to no avail...Any ideas from anyone.?...I have already tried System Restore...no good...Also posted in " Hardware Forum "...

A:No Audio Or System Sounds In Xp Pro...

Have you reinstalled the drivers? My old Dell used to do that occasionally and every time reinstalling the drivers fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-or-system-sounds-in-xp-pro.562935/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have never worked out the extent to which this item controls the sound and MIDI routes on my pc.

I have Samplitude as the main sequencer but also Notation2, Evolution software that came with a keyboard, Sibelius( demo) and various other music apps.
Each has its own Devices routing/order selection and I have never known if this overrides the S and A box or not.
In addition I have a 2496 card and a usb interface co-existing happily in XP pro.
Can anyone give me the full S.P?

Dave.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sounds-and-audio-devices-box-in-con-p-145907.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer makes weird audio sounds at times. A few days ago my anti-virus software blocked numerous trojan viruses when I was downloading a file, the same day the audio sounds started.

my problem sounds a lot like this guy's:
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=my+compute...6788-malware-trojan-removal-random-audio.html

i didn't find any weird processes on windows task manager, but other than that i sounds the same.

should i follow the same steps he did?

thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-audio-sounds.821774/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have ran several Windows Defender MCafee and Ad-aware scans and I still cannot stop random audio sounds and ads from being played at random for varying lenghts of time I just heard an ad for the new James Bond Movie and I have no idea how to stop this Please help Here is my Trend Micro Scan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe and Random Audio Sounds Ads C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Random Sounds and Audio Ads Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG Random Sounds and Audio Ads MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system mabidwe exe C WINDOWS system soxpeca exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Frank Anderson Desktop OTMoveIt exe C WINDOWS system udxfytw sys R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe S O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run minitnyus C WINDOWS system inf svchosd exe C WINDOWS wftadfi a dll tanlt O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run mininyust C WINDOWS system inf svchoct exe C WINDOWS wftadfi a dll tanlt O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User Default user O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-sounds-and-audio-ads.768444/
Relevancy 49.88%

Certain, but not all, games I try to play regesters as an audio disk when i try to load it. It has now happened to me 4 times and I want to know what is wrong. One of the games used to work but now doesnt. Help me please.

Relevancy 49.88%

I accidently removed my SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVICES on my control panel - therefore - no sound. How do I get that back?

A:Sounds & Audio Devices

I accidently removed my Sounds & Audio Devices on my Control Panel. How do I get this back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-audio-devices.496213/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have no volume at all. i checked in my controll panel to see if i had everything in there on and it is light gray and says no audio devices connected. i have a toshiba r15-s822 laptop. pleassssee hellllllp

Relevancy 49.88%

i cant hear games/sportify etc when im skyping and i dont know how to fix it here is a screen dump
i attached a file with my sounds configuration it is in dutch but the most things are understandable

A:how do i put all the sounds on 1 audio scource

In the Recording Section of the Sound Panel, do you have Stereo Mix set as the default recording device? That may help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/356414-how-do-i-put-all-sounds-1-audio-scource.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a dell optiplex gx240 running windows 2000 pro, containing a AC'97 Sound Card. All my audio sounds like talking or singing chipmunks -- it's so anoying. How do I correct this? Please help

A:Audio Sounds Like Chipmunks

Have you tried reinstalling the sound drives?"So won?t you give this man his wingsWhat a shameTo have to beg you to seeWe?re not all the sameWhat a shame" - Shinedown

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/audio-sounds-like-chipmunks/65516.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I-tunes, Windows Media, Real Player... etc... when playing audio, all these work just like normal. However, when I'm playing a dvd, no matter which player I use, during the loud (usually percussive) passages of the movie, the audio is noticeably lowered. It sounds as if I'm manually adjusting the volume to keep from being loud in certain parts.

I have looked in every preference I can find for both my computer sound, and the software sound. I can find nothing that looks to me like there is dynamic control (compression) being applied. I hear it happening, though.

Any help would be appreciated.

The dvd player that I notice doing it the most is InterVideo WinDVD 5.

A:Dvd Audio Sounds Compressed

This sounds more like a background service interfering with the DVD Audio during playback or a potential RAM issue.
The movie would typically filter through ram and everytime it hits a semi-defective Sector in ram you may notice the lowered sound.
Failing speakers is the last thing I can think of.

If you want to eliminate services and see if that's the cause, let me know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106066/dvd-audio-sounds-compressed/
Relevancy 49.88%

I re-installed WinXP on my Fujitsu Siemens Tablet PC, which is supposed to be a touch screen PC but I'll get to that later...

Everything is running smoothly but the only problem I have is with the sound, I don't have the audio icon anywhere and when I go through the settings I find nothing, ''no playback devices, no recording device'' I installed Realtech drive but nothing changed, it didn't read it. What can I do?

***Side question, is there a drive which lets you use the touch screen on WinXP?
Thanks

A:No Sounds & Audio Devices

Hi,

MiniToolBox
Please download MiniToolBox and save the file to your Desktop.
Close any open windows.
Right-Click MiniToolBox.exe and select  Run as administrator to run the programme.
Check the following items:
List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
List Installed Programs
List Devices -> All
List Minidump Files

Click .
A log (Result.txt) will be created on your Desktop. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579433/no-sounds-audio-devices/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

So basically, I ran windows update on my PC (I recently made a fresh install), it started downloading very slowly ; until it reached 25% where it's been at for 30 minutes. I tried stopping the download and selecting another update, to see if it was just one update that wouldn't download, but I had the same result :

Windows update was just stuck downloading.

EDIT: screen of the updates in question :
I tried to stop the firewall in ESET Smart Security; nothing. I tried the Fixit tools (.exe and .cab versions), nothing. (except that the .cab version is just stuck too).

Has that happened to any of you guys before?

I had problems yesterday with windows update (BSOD while installing updates), and it just wrecked my computer, and I had to restore to factory settings. But that can't be related?

A:Windows Update service stuck in downloading

Update : I tried to reboot, and got stuck on "windows is preparing your computer blablabla". So I hard rebooted, logged in, and now the windows update service doesn't show up any longer, I can't run anything because the UAC prompt is gone (I can't do anything that requires admin privileges)...
Fml

I am currently restoring my computer using the windows restore option... And it's stuck on "restoring your files".

So if it doesn't work out, I'll have to factory reset my computer for the third time in two days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338125-windows-update-service-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This issue started this past Saturday Dec Per Windows Update Posting instructions Downloaded SURT When first tried to download SURT on Saturday it would not download But when tried again yesterday Sun Dec - it was successful However although it said the installation and 0% Windows at 7 Downloading stuck Updates-Checking of was successful and it showed up in Update History it did NOT show up in Installed Updates I tried it twice SFC Scan I read about doing this on other websites as well The first time I ran it it came back with the message that it fixed errors The nd time I ran it the results were no violations and when I ran Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% it a rd time which the attached CBS log is from it also had no errors Windows Update Error Codes The biggest problem is the check Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% updates Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% or the downloading updates just don't go anywhere I did get an error message when I tried to download SURT as mentioned above but I was able to get it downloaded yesterday The other error code I got was when I did a System Restore Point It came back with the xc code and said it didn't restore the system But it must have because the Update information was different and reflected the date of the restore points Plus any changes I had done were gone and reflected the date of the restore points And the other error code was from the Diagnostic Tool from the help feature in Windows I think it was the error that it said it couldn't fix It did list some other issues that it said it fixed but I did not write it down or get a screenshot I could run that tool again if needed to verify Log Collection I was not able to attach the CBS log - I tried times and each time received a server error And then realized it's because of file size Even my zip file is just too big Please advise on how to get the information Start New Thread Hopefully I did that correctly I spent quite a bit of time trying various other things - such as the restore points clean disk and I also did a Checkdisk from the cmd prompt I did foray into a slight addition to the registry from a suggestion from another website but ended up deleting it because I didn't think it fixed anything at all and I don't like messing with the registry I did a system restore point after that I also did the SoftwareDistribution folder thing that is mentioned on many websites but that didn't help either I did try the start and stop services from cmd prompt as well with no change either Currently my workaround is copying the updates from the Update Catalog and installing them one by one manually Obviously that is quite time consuming and as I did get months behind will take awhile to get through them all Plus I am concerned about the order I am doing the oldest first and also worried about making a mistake and or missing some So far I've managed to get installed and have verified they are showing up in Installed Updates I also ran the Fixit and the other diagnostic tool recommended on the MS websites The Fixit tool didn't seem to do anything at all and the other tool returned the error code mentioned above I also called my AV company AVG Internet Security and had them do a disable AV with me over the phone and attempted to download updates There wasn't any change I also disabled the AV again yesterday and there was no difference I have done full computer scans for viruses with no issues reported I greatly appreciate any and all assistance to get this resolved and thank you in advance for your time Regards Hank

A:Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0%

I went online to try again tonight and it appears that the Updates are working. I don't know how or why but I'm now thinking it was more of an overloaded server than anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387673-windows-7-updates-checking-downloading-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I?ve been trying to download SP1 for months and I just can?t figure this out. I bought three programs to help me with the registry and none helped. Every time I download SP 1 my computer gets stuck on !! 0xc0190036!! 596/98832 (AcGenral.dll) Could anyone help me please?

A:Downloading SP1 - stuck on !! 0xc0190036!! 596/98832 (AcGenral.dll)

Hi mirjam,

Might be worth doing a scan with the free

Malwarebytes.org

Also run the SFC tool and see if that can fix any file system errors.

System Files - SFC Command
Hope it helps

SIW2

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/212992-downloading-sp1-stuck-0xc0190036-596-98832-acgenral-dll.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This has never happened before but I can't download the latest batch of updates! I've tried downloading one at a time but it makes no difference, just stuck on downloading 0%. I've tried to go into services.msc to switch off windows updates but it says 'stopping' with the options to stop/re-start greyed out.

I've tried the windows trouble shooter which detects problems and then says resolving but again after 20 minutes or so it still says the same thing. Does it take a long time (perhaps I'm being impatient)?

I've run out of time tonight but will try the windows update system readiness tool tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have ideas I could try? As I say, I've never had problems downloading updates before.

LevelBest

A:Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

You mean, it's searching for updates, takes a while, finds the updates, but when you select to install, it takes forever to download?

If that's the case, how long did you wait for it to start downloading before cancelling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397423-latest-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have spent many days trying to get a handle about what is the behavior of Windows Update process when it hangs Downloading at I have looked through many of the threads on this problem to see if there is a pattern to the failures or a solution that works for many people Even though it is stated not to try what others have done in other posts I have done some of these I have also gone above this and tried analyze what the system is doing when in this state I have some results but no answers The issues I'm having may be unique to my setup but I hope my results are helpful to the larger Windows community Based on the results of my testing I am approaching the opinion that this problem of Windows Update hanging is percipitated by one or more of the following M doesn't care that update is fatally broken and won't fix it The engineers currently working on this at M are totally incompetent in about Downloading Another Windows at 0% stuck Update thread their ability to fix it M is deliberately sabataging Windows and Window in order to force everybody to update to Windows Background The system I'm running my Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0% lastest tests on is a HP Elitebook P It is built with a Core Duo T with GB RAM Installed is Win Pro x Another system that is exhibiting the problem is a Dell Optiplex running a Core Duo E with GB RAM on Windows Pro x A third system I'm using is built on an Asus motherboard running a Core i CPU with GB Ram running Win Pro x I know these are ancient systems I'm working on upgrading the i system now For some reason the windows update is not hanging on the i system I don't know why at this point What I have done to solve this I ran the SURT and SFC Scan multiple times The SURT did find errors and fixed most of them if the specific errors are needed I'll have to rerun the tests After the SURT is run it takes about hours to complete the check for new updates After running the SURT what tends to happen is the first time I try to install updates a few the updates install in less than minutes When I restart and try to install more updates the Update window hangs at for about hours and then they install successfully I have manually reset the update client by using the process where you delete the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder Again when I run Windows Update it will take hours 'Checking for updates' Then the first time I run Windows update I can install a few updates in less than minutes The second time Windows Update will be stuck downloading at and will take about hours to complete the updates For the nuclear option I completely reinstalled my HP system from a base Windows CD which didn't have SP After the initial install the only software I installed was Firefox and Wireshark a The initial install went normally I was able to install all updates that were pending prior to SP without any lengthy delay b I installed the service Pack update This update installed with no apparent issues c After the install of SP I was prompted to install the latest Windows Update Clent This is where all went to h--- d After installing the new client the first time I installed some NET updates I was able to install them without delay The second time it took hours to check for updates Then another hours to install the x NET updates e I then attempted some Security updates and again it took over hours to install the updates During the next run of Security Updates I fired up Process Monitor Here is some of what I found there may be other relevant data I haven't found yet After filtering out all non-related processes I find something extremely interesting After an initial flurry of activity the svchost exe process and process tree gets into a loop where it is playing with itself and where the most of the activity visible is repeatedly reading one or two areas of the Registry The following events occur for the most of the hours Code quot Time of Day quot quot Process Name quot quot PID quot quot ... Read more

A:Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0%

Hi John,
The simple answer is MS doesn't want users on W7 any more.
We just have to put up with this situation.
However they say, IF you you want to believe them, that they are in the process of addressing the slow D/L and install of updates for us.

we just have to live with it

note the comp you have with 2Gb ram will allways suffer, thats the min for W7.

Must admit having looked at an awfull lot of windows update logs cant remember seeing those entries

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394502-another-thread-about-windows-update-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I need help fixing this issue:The problem is its connected to the HP servers but for some reason it stops at "downloading messages and updates definition". Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, then rebooting my laptop but it still doesnt work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-support-assistant-is-stuck-on-downloading-and-updates/td-p/5840180
Relevancy 49.45%

the sound quality is junk its as if i am listening to a realy low quality audio file all the time this is through the headphone jack. i cant foind any settings to fix this in the drivers and if i use a 3rd party eq such as in vlc playe rit just gets worse if i turn the master down to 10% and turn up 3rd party volume the signal distorts at 50% signal on the 3rd party hard core i tried a search? help suggestions says i have the latest audio driver

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:t430 audio sounds like crap

Which OS are you sporting? XP? 7? 8?

__________________________________________________________________________________________T530: i7-3630QM, 4 GB DDR3-1600, NVS 5400M, 2x 500GB 7200RPM, 9-cell, HD+ 1600x900, Backlit US, WinXP ProL430: i3-2370M, 4 GB DDR3-1600, HD 3000, 320GB 7200RPM, 6-cell, HD 1366 x 768, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t430-audio-sounds-like-crap/td-p/1247067
Relevancy 49.45%

When I go into the control panel and choose "Sounds and Audio Devices" so that I can change my volume, put a volume icon in the taskbar, etc., I get an error message that says, "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." What do I do?

A:Can't Open "Sounds and Audio Devices"

Can you open up anything else in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311837/cant-open-sounds-and-audio-devices/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm running windows 7 ultimate on an acer aspire 3050.

System sounds play fine, sound from my internet browser plays fine, but any audio file I try to play doesn't work, any video I play has no audio.
I've tried playing different files with different players (Windows media player, media player classic, divx player, quicktime player, vlc player)
Audio and video files start up in WMP and then an error pops up "windows media player encountered a problem" all other players will play the file but no sound is produced.

I need help here, I've tried everything from system restore, reinstalling the players, downloading new audio files to test, to reinstalling my audio driver.

I'm out of ideas here

A:Audio files don't play but other sounds do...

Hi Designation7,

Welcome to the forums. Have you installed a codec pack? I can recommend Shark007's as one of the best around
Shark007.net - Windows 7 Codecs - WMP12 Codecs

If you have already installed one, there could be a problem with it, so try Sharks.

Good Luck

Tim

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/87346-audio-files-dont-play-but-other-sounds-do.html
Relevancy 49.45%

About a month and a half ago, I was fiddling with my laptop (an IBM ThinkPad T23 with Windows 2000 Professional) and I deleted the SuperSavage and Utilities, not realizing it was vital for my resolution. I tried reformatting and all that jazz, but no luck. I just got the driver onto a CD-R from my other computer and installed it into my laptop. My laptop resolution is perfect and back to normal. However, the laptop's audio isn't working. I can hear the error sound when I play Freecell (haha) but I can't hear an audio CD. I tried turning the volume up and that works with the error sounds and stuff, but not audio. Also, the little thing that showed the volume increasing when it's turned up isn't showing, but it is working. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:audio isn't working but error sounds are

Sounds like you are missing the audio drivers. Go to the makers website and download them. Pretty sure that'll fix you up.

You can get them here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-39415

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-isnt-working-but-error-sounds-are.32474/
Relevancy 49.45%

So. I have the Dell XPS 8700. It came with a thing called "Dell Audio." Inside of this I have the options of Music, Maxxsense. So on so forth, it does not seem to matter where I place it it sounds junky and bassless. Yet the moment I disable it, it sounds fine again. Now, I know most people are probably thinking. "Well, why enable it then?" the answer would be I want to be able to use my Bass Booster which I am unable to do with this disabled. Does anybody have experience with this thing? Lol I would also love to know if there happens to be a frequency control in there somewhere? I like Bass, but since my sub does not have a frequency knob(Logitech/THX Certified Z623 Speakers) I do not always have bass, only in the low tones. And of course on Youtube sound quality is not exactly good, so even less bass.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528661/dell-audio-sounds-junky/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

The audio on my HP dv6 laptop cracks up and sounds like static at times. I contacted HP and they told me to uninstall & reinstall IDT audio. I did that and even updated BIOS, but I am still having the same problem. This laptop is only about 3 weeks old. Its new. I mostly notice the cracks and static sounds when I play youtube videos. The static sound comes and goes.

I don't think I have a bug, but it could also be the case too.

A:Help! Audio cracks and sounds like static

Are the cracks and static always web based? If you play a CD or DVD no static? If thats the case I would look at your Internet connection as the primary suspect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464263/help-audio-cracks-and-sounds-like-static/
Relevancy 49.45%

Been having this problem for a few days. It seems like it's going around and because CatByte recommended NOT following advice given to others I'm starting a new thread to get this resolved. The newest twist I've seen is that a pop-up window appears stating IE is not my default browser (which is true). I'm browsing with Firefox. On an XP system. On a Lenovo ThinkPad.

Currently running a MalwareBytes scan. Will post results in the AM.

theshakey1

Relevancy 49.45%

Surprise Am experiencing a problem very new to me Lately the sound on my computer xp svs pk is jittery or sounds crackly [SOLVED] Audio cracklie sounding I thought I [SOLVED] Audio sounds crackly had quot blown quot my speaker but to my great disappointment I plugged in earphones tonight and it bad through the earphones too I can't tell you when it started happening because I dismissed it as being self inflicted speaker blown The only thing I have done is to replace my keyboard my setup is reconditioned emachine because quite a few letters on the keys themselves have or are beginning to wear off and the family members that don't know touch typing like my husband have been complaining LOL I [SOLVED] Audio sounds crackly picked up a curbside hp internet keyboard a hp Internet Keyboard with a [SOLVED] Audio sounds crackly variety of new buttons I have not yet customized to my preferences including buttons like we see on the media players play reverse ff volume control up down a tiny button with a musical note and a tiny button with a speaker on it Could this new-to-me keyboard be causing trouble with the computers existing audio set up idk Im just a dummy Thank you so much for helping me out I have always loved all you all here at tsf Cathy

A:[SOLVED] Audio sounds crackly

Update your audio drivers. Or maybe your line connections are ruined a bit or not plugged in? But that doesn't seem likely because you used headphones and speakers. Could be something inside the computer. I highly doubt your keyboard would be causing this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-audio-sounds-crackly-678153.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Been having this issue since a couple of days.

Clicking sounds, like when you open a program. When that happens, I ALT+TAB and a Windows Explorer icon appears (I use Firefox), usually with ads or something related, I try to select it, but nothing happens, I ALT+TAB again, and the icon disappears. It doesn't happens always when it clicks, but most of the time. Hope that makes sense.

Also audio ads on the background.

Don't know if it matters, but when I disconnect from the internet and the pop-up issue gets way worse.

Attached is the HijackThis log.

Thanks in advance ~

Relevancy 49.45%

Last night I was in a Skype call with my friends and it sounded funny distorted sounds Headphone Audio but I didn't notice it I had earbuds which I gave it away Headphone Audio sounds distorted to my relative I bought some headphones the other day by the way and it came today Before giving away the earbuds I was playing Team Fortress and it sounded weird a little and it was bothering Yet I still continued after a while I got the headphones and plugged it in the audio jack or what do you call it and its where you plug the Headphone Audio sounds distorted headphones or whatever in So I played TF again and the sound was messed up I could barely hear people and when I watch certain youtube videos it is buzzing very loudly and some I can't hear and some are fine I continuously search for an answer I found a post on here so I decided do the solution on that forum but it didn't work I used the Minion's Banana song and if I can't hear the second left minion well and it's sound is distorted or messed up then it's still happening Post I found is here Messed up headphone audio want to check headphone jack I think it is the place where you plug it in somethings wrong with it so any solutions

Relevancy 49.45%

My audio and video has been EXTREMELY slow and choppy. I ran a DirectX diagnostic and came up with the following error:

Directplay test results: Failure at step 9(creating session) HRESULT=0x80158185(error code)

Could this be my issue or is it much worse?

A:audio/sounds choppy and slow

Try reinstalling DirectX. BTW what DirectX version you run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-sounds-choppy-and-slow.758031/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, this has been happening since 6 months ago, when I got a mic, and started testing it out, it's all sqeaky, like mikey mouse. How would I go and fix this? Thanks!

P.S. OS is xp! :)

A:My audio sounds like mickey mouse!! :(

reinstall your sound driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-audio-sounds-like-mickey-mouse-284409.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I m not sure if I have a virus or not A couple months ago I did have a virus and after supposedly getting rid of the virus I have been having trouble with my audio This only happens while streaming Netflix movies I have watched Youtube videos and the sound is fine The sound goes in and out and also sounds like I m in a deep well almost like an echo Here is my Virus? Sounds Audio Distorted. logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Audio Sounds Distorted. Virus? Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x iolo System Mechanic Professional System Shield ioloSSTray exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users Chris Lummus AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd Audio Sounds Distorted. Virus? exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users Chris Lummus Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO QuickShare WidgetEngine - ad d- b - e -a a- c c cba - mscoree dll file missing O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - Toolbar QuickShare Widget - ae b- d - a -af - ea e - mscoree dll file missing O - HKLM Run JMB X IDE Setup C Windows RaidTool xInsIDE exe O - HKLM Run Intuit SyncManager C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe startup O - HKLM Run SPIRunE Rundll SPIRunE dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run Wondershare Helper Compact exe C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKCU Run DellSystemDetect C Users Chris Lummus AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Dell Dell System Detect appref-ms O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - Startup Dropbox lnk C Users Chris Lummus AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe O - Global Startup Intuit Data Protect lnk C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect IntuitDataProtect exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Se amp nd to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files m... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-sounds-distorted-virus.1110237/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have a DELL Inspiron running windows using Chrome as a browser About an hour ago everything was fine I had sound Now all of a sudden sounds/audio - Lost all Windows 8 all sounds stopped At first my usb port started going crazy making that quot tadoom tudoom quot sound lol as if i was plugging and unplugging a usb but I wasn Lost all sounds/audio - Windows 8 t a few minutes later the sound stopped so I assumed it was done freaking out but when I tried watching a youtube video I realized I had no sound at all Here are some of the things I ve already tried -I restarted my laptop but didn t even get the log on sound nothing -I checked the device manager and tried re-configuring my speakers the quot test quot button is greyed out can t click on it -I tried downloading drivers but it says I already have the latest drivers -I restarted again just in case still nothing -I tried some music from my files to make sure it wasn t just a youtube thing -I uninstalled and re-installed flash although I never got the quot flash player crashed quot banner msg And yes I made sure my mute wasn t on I really have no idea what to do from here any help would be appreciated Also I m not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to these things so please talk to me like I m a yr old lol nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

My computer has some sort of malware that s causing it to play advertisement through played my in audio Advertisements being and sounds other my computer It came out of nowhere and it s driving me insane Advertisements and other sounds being played in my audio because it s causing all sorts of noise to come out Sometimes it s advertisements and other times it s screaming at max volume I ve used Malwarebytes and the TDSSKILLER but they didn t work Here s what it looks like on my audio mixer Edit The problems have escalated My computer is now facing many errors and is beginning to crash and cause BSODs after a certain amount of time I ve noticed that this quot Name Not Available quot things on my audio mixer only Advertisements and other sounds being played in my audio appears after I have an internet connection but disappears after I turn off the internet I am also totally problem free when I m running without internet Basically the issues Advertisements and other sounds being played in my audio only begin after I have established a connection to the internet Edit I found out that there s a process for internet explorer running although I never use it Ending that process causes quot Name Not Avaliable quot to temporarily disappear Afterwords it reappears and multiple processes for quot iexplorer exe quot appear Ending them dosen t cause quot Name Not Avaliable quot to disappear and more processes only reappear after some time Other problems I have is that that scripts on certain websites are malfuntioning which causes my browser to freeze up for a long time Clicking on google links also sometimes takes me to trash websites which I have no doubts will lead to more issues My computer itself seems to be much slower in general I am unsure if these are related to the same malware or separate issues because they started to appear at relatively the same time I see that many people seem to be having the same issue I am It seems that there must be some sort of attack going on and I was one of the poor s unlucky enough to be hit by it Please help I don t know what else to do I m getting ready just to give up and reformat my computer Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Users Kevin AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Users Kevin AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Windows SysWOW regsvr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Users Kevin AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Kevin Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http search autocompletepro com si amp bi R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search autocompletepro com si amp bi R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http search autocompletepro com si amp bi R - HKLM Software Microso... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

WinXP with service pack 3 - has decided, overnight, that I have no audio device installed. I have checked under device manager and Creative Labs seems to be working. Have tried to update drivers but all drivers current. Have I got something configured wrongly?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey,
I am using Realtek Audio driver in my system cause i want stereo mix does anyone know how to change speakers and headphones drivers to Windows HD audio driver, But still i want stero mix driver

A:Sounds Bad with realtek HD audio Driver !!

The Windows High Definition Audio driver is a generic, basic function, sound driver. It does not contain all the "bells and whistles".

What is "bad" about the Realtek audio? Its used in millions of PC's and works fine. I have Realtek on all of my PC's (two desktops and a laptop) and do not have "bad" sound with it.

Also, please fill in the "My System Specs" so we know what you have. It helps use to try and help you.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66573-sounds-bad-realtek-hd-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am bringing this one up again, as it was not able to be solved last time.

If I want to apply my own .wav sound to a particular action, such as the "Start Windows", etc., I simply go to Control Panel/Sound & Audio Devices/Sounds, click on the one I want, and then "Browse" to where I have saved my own .wav file, and apply and save it.

But if I do this with the "Empty Recycle Bin" and then test it and then close it down, when I go back in again, it has reverted to the "Windows XP Recycle .wav". Can anyone suggest how I can get round this, or is it simply a Microsoft "bug" that has not uet been sorted out?

Many thanks for any help.

A:Sounds & Audio Devices Problem

Please do not double-post. Please read the rules, especially the section entitled "Multiple Postings".

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/891601-recycle-bin-wav-sound.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-audio-devices-problem.896679/
Relevancy 49.45%

Symptoms Random Internet Explorer goes Audio sounds mute, few w/ popups IE sec every pop up ads My wave control is near mute every few seconds I hear random clicking sounds in the background like link clicks Random audio of advertisements playing in the backgroundGoogle links are redirectedI tried removing with superantispyware and malwarebytes but it doesn t work And everytime I try to run the GMER program the computer shuts off saying a Audio goes mute, IE popups w/ sounds every few sec serious error occurred Here are the DDS logs-DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by jyoo at on TueInternet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes svchost exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchC WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcssC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exesvchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC WINDOWS System svchost Audio goes mute, IE popups w/ sounds every few sec exe -k eapsvcsC WINDOWS Audio goes mute, IE popups w/ sounds every few sec system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k dot svcC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k AkamaiC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Intel AMT LMS exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exeC WINDOWS system mfevtps exeC PROGRA PHAROS Core CTskMstr exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework naPrdMgr exeC WINDOWS system rpcnet exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exeC WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exeC WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exeC Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exeC Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exeC Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery UpdateMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Intel Privacy Icon UNS UNS exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exeC Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exeC Program Files ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC EXEC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mfeann exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Lenovo TrackPoint tp serv exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exeC PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp ExeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exeC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exeC Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMLCHK exeC PROGRA THINKV AMSG amsg exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeC Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exeC Program Files Pharos Bin ... Read more

A:Audio goes mute, IE popups w/ sounds every few sec

Good evening. Please don't post logs using the Quote tags, or any others for that matter - it doesn't make the information any easier to read.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please download MBRCheck.exe by a_d_13 from here and save it to your Desktop. Double click the file to begin the scan. A Command Window will open and after the scan has completed you will be prompted to select further action - please exit in the stated manner. A text file called MBRCheck_date/time.txt can be found on the Desktop. I'd like you to post the contents in your next reply.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Download Preformat.zip from here and save it to your Desktop. You will need to extract the file.Right click on the zipped folder and from the menu that appears, click on Extract All...In the 'Extraction Wizard' window that opens, click on Next> and in the next window that appears, click on Next> again. In the final window, click on FinishYou should now see a folder with a .vbs file in it. Double click Preformat.vbs to run it and a text file called Preformat.txt should be created in the same folder - either that or you'll get an error message.Please copy and paste the contents of the text file into your next reply and then you can delete both of the folders and their contents.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Can you tell me the make and model of the computer and also whether or not you have the Windows installation disc that some PCs come with.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337313/audio-goes-mute-ie-popups-w-sounds-every-few-sec/
Relevancy 49.02%

Yesterday when I started downloading windows update, only one update could be downloaded i. KB3114431. After that may be there was some sort of problem on the network and I could not download the other updates as my network was down at that time. so I disconnected from network and cancelled the downloads and shut down the computer. It normally installed the downloaded update. after that from today morning I am unable to download any updates. The network is fine, as I can browse the internet normally. But windows update screen keeps stuck at 0%. Though now the shut down button shows the alert icon for update installation as you can see in screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? Thank you.

A:Windows update stuck at downloading updates screen

The problem has been resolved automatically. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599869/windows-update-stuck-at-downloading-updates-screen/
Relevancy 49.02%

please help with specify;thanks;Everytime I start windows update it won't download the updates. The bar keeps on running but nothing downloads and the percentage stays at 0%.
Whats wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

A:Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 0% downloading

Hi shawn What version of Windows are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618661/windows-update-will-not-download-updates-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep trying to check for updates but it just stays at downloading messages and updates definitions. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still have the same problems.

A:HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updat...

I had the same problem this morning when it stuck on the second stage for over two hours then ended itself:  I've just opened the Support Assistant  > Updates which said 'No Update is available' so I clicked on 'Check for Updates'and am just watching the same screen as the top one I posted. After seven minutes it's still on the same stage. HP - you appear to have a problem. I'll see if Tech Support will be interested.      The only way that I could get rid of the HP Support Assistant that had a magnifying glass over it was to restart my PC. I don't know if it's connected but when I logged on just now this window appeared:    I OK'd it and was through to thr home page! 

New Envy 15-AH151saOlder Compaq Presario CQ71-320SA screwed up by Microsoft's free upgrade from Win7 to Win10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Support-Assistant-stuck-on-downloading-messages-and/td-p/5466816
Relevancy 49.02%

During a busy period, aware that Windows 10 can install itself by a sneaky update and being too busy to check each update that comes my way, I had disabled Windows Update. Only now did I remember to check for updates. I know, dumb.
There are 80 important updates that need to be installed. They all seem okay.

However, they've been downloading for over 90 minutes now, and the progress bar is still stuck at 0%. "Downloading 80 Updates (0 KB Total, 0% Complete)".

I thought these updates might solve my "slow PC issue" (referred to in my other thread), but the inability to download updates, makes me think there might be something seriously wrong with my computer.

Can it still be just a visual issue if nothing has happened after waiting for 90 minutes?
Thanks in advance,
Katarn1
This has been posted twice (?) I don't know how that has happened. Sorry. If you can tell me how to delete it, I will.

A:Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

You can Shut Down your computer and install updates.
Or you can download the Windows 7 Update Convenience rollup. Microsoft Update Catalog
As for your Slow computer, you did not paste a link to your other post, and your post history does not show anything about a slow computer.
Click on the link in my signature for PC Running Slow? and try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloading-windows-updates-stuck-at-0-or-a-false-alarm-1123762.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a strange problem I recently used a plug-and play microphone and now my speaker volume for install, Voice normal other are dim is sounds Mic audio after voice audio is extremely low Even on random youtube videos I can hear the background music but the voices are only faint I did not know such a thing was possible The background music also sounds different The guitar sounds Voice audio is dim after Mic install, other sounds are normal are Voice audio is dim after Mic install, other sounds are normal more pronounced but there is little to no bass This is the microphone I used Amazon com Logitech USB Desktop Microphone Electronics I am on windows home bit This problem also happens on skype I can't hear the other person at an audible level I can hear very faint voices only on mp files in winamp the low voice volume problem is not as pronounced for some reason The pronounced guitar no bass effect is there -------------- Because this voice issue is happening in multiple programs and it started right after I plugged in the mic and Windows installed it I believe the operating system has been misconfigured Anyone know how I can fix Voice audio is dim after Mic install, other sounds are normal this Thanks

A:Voice audio is dim after Mic install, other sounds are normal

the problem seems to have sorted itseld out, thanks to everyone who peered in

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/183815-voice-audio-dim-after-mic-install-other-sounds-normal.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an issue where no audio plays from Flash - Windows Flash work No Audio Sounds such as youtube The sound does work for most other applications although Outlook No Flash Audio - Windows Sounds work sounds and Quickbook sounds dont play either I have uninstalled and re-installed No Flash Audio - Windows Sounds work flash for internet explorer and firefox I deleted and reinstalled the SOUNDMAX driver No change There don't seem to be any missing driver files Silverlight does play audio via the browser Not sure if this problem first occured after windows update or after removing malware I had to reset the winsock because of the malware issues one of which was not being able to browse to any websites Again I dont know if this is related I have checked the usual settings in IExplorer for allowing sounds to play Checked the settings for the SOUNDMAX card and have tried other settings for HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Drivers which have worked for others I am using windows pro bit Any help is greatly appreciated

A:No Flash Audio - Windows Sounds work

Hm, so your speakers obviously do work. I doubt a driver issue, given that it's fine with some programs, and you've mentioned you just had a malware incident.

Why don't you at least try reinstalling IE & FF altogether entirely?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/167825-no-flash-audio-windows-sounds-work.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a screen recorder that records my screen and also my mic at the same time, i make videos to help with my knowledge base articles in sharepoint. I need to record my mic/ and also system sounds like if i have someone on skype and i am screen recording, i need to be able to record there audio, my audio, while i am wearing headphones (dont want to disturb people at work), is there some kind of virtual mic that will do this, so i can shoose this "virtual mic" with my screen recorder program and pick up sounds to record from that. Sorry if that is super confusing lol. I could not find a solution to this on google.

A:Recording Audio/ mic and system sounds...with headphones?

Try this one ( Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro | H.264 Encoding | VC-1 Codec | Streaming Silverlight Video | IIS Smooth Streaming | Real Time Encoder | Microsoft&#174; Expression&#174; ). The free version does, however, have a 10 minute recording limit. If you need more time for the recordings, you'll need to buy the Pro edition ($199). But I would first try it out and check whether it does what you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/135492-recording-audio-mic-system-sounds-headphones.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm fixing an XP machine. All the audio has this heavy bass (maybe slowed down) sound, like the Terminator. I've checked all the different control panel dialogues
- Sounds and Audio Devices
- Change Speaker Settings
- Realtek Sound Effect Manager - sound effect is set for "None"
and the bass boost on the speakers themselves. I haven't yet found the source of the problem. Do you have any ideas on what the problem could be?

A:Solved: Audio, All Speach Sounds Like Terminator

update the driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-audio-all-speach-sounds-like-terminator.952836/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am sick and disgusted by this unreasonable nbsp blind robot strategy from all the supports I could contact to try and solve Audio no Popping sounds, multiple after still RMA's... solution the main problem I have with the HP Laptop nbsp The support Audio Popping sounds, still no solution after multiple RMA's... I have been given from HP Support in the forums and local HP support and RMA service nbsp Every time I try to ask any of the people working in these companies to tell the infamous HP engineers to take a look at this issue or get them informed because clearly either all of the hardware parts are defective as my laptop has gone through system board replacements or the drivers are bad nbsp I get a response that They're not in power to influence this issue and are unable to change anything THEN WHO IS The RMA service refuses to refund the product the product still hasn't been fixed after RMA's in total I am just wasting my time and they're wasting theirs by replacing the defective part with a different defective part because they're all defective nbsp How do I put a stop to Audio Popping sounds, still no solution after multiple RMA's... this nbsp How can I get in contact with HP Engineers so they can find the solution nbsp nbsp P S I feel like I should be paid for this this is utmost ridiculous never had this much problems with a product I PAID money for I don't want to deal with this horrible product and support I've received from HP I feel like I've been scammed spent over and only gotten problems from it My post was moved to a different section for some reason no replies what is going on with this company

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Popping-sounds-still-no-solution-after-multiple-RMA-s/td-p/5821394
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I know less about hardware than I do about everything else so please indulge And I have found so many threads re RealTek HD Audio but they don't seem to apply to me Mods please feel free to merge this to another thread as needed Problem Sounds sound effects for SOME RealTek HD in applications Audio sounds - issue but not all rd-party programs do not play Details All of the apps in question played their RealTek HD Audio - sounds in applications issue sounds fine on my XP amp Vista boxes And they all currently play fine on my W laptop However these same sounds plain old WAV files do not play on this W box from within their applications When I try to play them with WMP or MediaMonkey they play fine so there is nothing wrong with the WAV files themselves For example MailwasherPro includes options to play a sound for quot new mail quot The ONLY sound that will play is one chosen from the Windows Media default collection So I currently use quot Windows ding wav quot If I try to use any other of my many WAV files in a different location they don't work If I try to move one of my WAV files to the Windows Media folder they also do not work it is a similar issue for a couple of other programs Another example KIS a b is also configured to play sounds but it does not This may be b c the only sounds option for this program is quot Windows Default quot and I use quot Quirky quot All of the Windows sounds I am currently using Quirky theme play fine as does audio in any media player or web application So the hardware itself seems to be OK And some programs such as Thunderbird DO play their audio According to device manager my RealTek HD audio driver version is dated and this is the most current one offered for my system at the Dell website So Can someone explain what might be causing the problem Is there a fix Thank you very much MM

A:RealTek HD Audio - sounds in applications issue

I don't have a fix or answer. I've seen other posts about user or custom wav's not playing for windows functions. I've got the new M/W but have all system sounds turned off as I also use this PC for my Recording Studio PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/113415-realtek-hd-audio-sounds-applications-issue.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok im not quite sure where this question should be posted but i noticed the problem when i was playin games so this is where i chose...

Basically i've got different sounds coming from my speakers and my headphones. I have teamspeak coming through my headphones but my game sounds and other sounds from the speakers. I cant seem to find a way to make them all come from the headphones.
Using windows 7 32 bit

Thanks in advance

A:Sounds coming from multiple audio devices

Have you tried changing any settings within the Windows Sound panel?

Start > Control Panel >Sound > Playback tab

Look for Speakers...right-click and Disable
Look for the Headphones....right-click and Set as Default Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sounds-coming-from-multiple-audio-devices.1004318/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a dell inspiron 7459 all in one pc but it's audio quality seems a little poor.
It sounds thin as if it has no base, as people describe it, I don't hear any 'boom' effect when playing bass boosted songs,
Is the audio meant to be sounding thin like this?

Note: It has the Realtek HD Audio card and WaveMaxx Audio

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19988211
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all not sure if I have a virus or "other".
My computer seems to slow down even thought memory levels and CPU is in the green and also the audio my my system now plays files with a echo or reverb effect. This seems to happen with flash for example.

Are their viruses that attack drivers and the registry?

Any help would be appriciated
Michael

A:Computer Slows down and Audio sounds Corrupted

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243445/computer-slows-down-and-audio-sounds-corrupted/
Relevancy 49.02%

No Audio or Sounds from Speakers or No Sounds Speakers Audio after from upgade to or Windows 8 Headphone Jack after upgrade to Windows Compaq Presario CQ - DX Processor Intel Celeron Ghz GHz x bit OS Windows Pro Audio Driver Sound Processor Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio Windows -bit Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Windows -bit The Laptop originally ran on Windows and I updated No Audio or Sounds from Speakers after upgade to Windows 8 the OS to windows and upon doing this the audio stopped completely from all audio sources ie windows sounds speakers line- in heaphone jack I tried Disable Reenable driver Rollback driver uninstall reinstall and discovered that the driver is not supported for windows Upon learning this I have tried other Audio Drivers i e Realtek HD Drivers etc and no avail I ve recently updated to Windows and it auto reinstalled the original audio driver and still no sound I have also checked all Audio Codecs and still no luck even going that route When I play an mp on let s say wmplayer the volume bar will move up and down with the levels of the song that s playing as per usual but I get no sound Volume level can be at and there won t be any noise at all no distortion white noise just silence This happens no matter how sound is being produced music videos games internet windows sounds etc And trying to get audio from headphone jack doesn t work either Does anyone know of any solutions to the out of date driver issue I am having Seems that the driver not being compatible with win is where the errors began Is there a fix for this or am I best off getting a usb audio driver and running my sound that route Thanks in advance

A:No Audio or Sounds from Speakers after upgade to Windows 8

Which do you have? The Conexant or RealTek? You must have the correct driver. e.g. the RealTek will not work with the Conexant, or the Conexant will not work with RealTek hardware.

8.1 does have some compatibility problems with some devices. Its sporadic and not all is affected. But, if it didn't work with Win 8, it may not be an 8.1 problem. In most cases (actually all that I've seen) Vista/Win 7 sound drivers work with Windows 8. (In my case I have RealTek and the Windows 7 drivers are compatible with Win 8 and Win 8.1).

One other thing to check is the Default Audio Playback device. Assuming you have the correct sound driver installed, the "Speakers" (PC's sound card) should be set as the default audio playback device. If HDMI or Digital is set, the speakers will not work.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/36966-no-audio-sounds-speakers-after-upgade-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I just recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. I have always used Realtek HD Audio drivers because they provided the best sound for what I was looking for.

However, with the recent upgrade to Windows 7, the sound is very much different, giving sort of a flat sound to it.

Before upgrading, I would use the Rock equalizer for the best sound in my opinion.

Now in Windows 7 it sounds rather flat, but that is with all settings. I have tried turning the equalizer off but that does not give my favorite sound either.

Is there a way to get my old favorite sound from Windows XP?

Thanks

Oh and I am still using the same headphones. They are 5.1 Surround Sound, Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2.

A:Realtek HD Audio Issue - Sounds flat

First thought, does your PC vendor (or motherboard) have Vista/Windows 7 drivers for your RealTek sound? You didn't fill in the "My System Specs" so we have to guess or talk in generalities. In many cases you need vendor supplied drivers (especially Dell's) as non-vendor sound drivers may not work or work correctly. I do a lot of support on the Dell forum and we find the Windows "HD Drivers" also leave something to be desired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/189195-realtek-hd-audio-issue-sounds-flat.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I've been hearing Internet Explorer Navigation clicks and streaming audio The audio is quot Congratulations You You've Won quot or popups, sounds, IE phantom audio navigation audio from a commercial maybe I don't use IE except for Microsoft Update IE popups, navigation sounds, phantom audio or once in a blue moon IE popups, navigation sounds, phantom audio when something doesn't work in Firefox Also seen a couple IE popups but iexplore exe doesn't show up in Processes I use dialup and browsing slows up sometimes Couple scans found the following besides a lot of cookies AVG C Documents and Settings mark Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache b - c d Trojan horse Cryptic ARX Moved to Virus Vault C Documents and Settings mark Local Settings Temp exe Trojan horse Cryptic ARX Moved to Virus Vault C Documents and Settings mark Local Settings Temp loader exe Trojan horse Cryptic ARX Moved to Virus Vault C Documents and Settings mark Local Settings Temp smss exe Trojan horse Cryptic ARX Moved to Virus Vault SUPERAntiSpyware Adware Vundo Variant-X Header C PROGRAM FILES NIV ZRS DLL Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Trymedia Systems Adware TryMedia - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Infected C Documents and Settings mark My Documents yo archived sumotori sumotori exe Malware Packer Krunchy - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C F tmp Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C A tmp Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C AB tmp Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C AF tmp Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Selected system config xp sp IE Firefox AVG Ad-Aware SpywareBlaster I dl and installed Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware amp SUPERAntiSpyware a couple days ago I have an old recovery disc and a newer xp sp DVD I made from the recovery disc Can you fix it Thanks

A:IE popups, navigation sounds, phantom audio

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86
Run by mark at 18:31:35.98 on Fri 08/06/2010
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_17
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1918.1321 [GMT -4:00]

AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {17DDD097-36FF-435F-9E1B-52D74245D6BF}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\avgchsvx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe 4
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVG\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
svchost.exe 4
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVG\avgnsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\mark\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uSearch Page = hxxp://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
uSearch Bar = hxxp://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
mDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
mSearch Page = hxxp://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
mSearchAssistant = hxxp://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
uURLSearchHooks: URLSearchHook Class: {37d2cdbf-2af4-44aa-8113-bd0d2da3c2b8} - c:\program files\netzero\SearchEnh1.dll
BHO: Octh Class: {000123b4-9b42-4900-b3f7-f4b073efc214} - c:\program files\orbitdownloader\orbitcth.dll
BHO: AVG Safe Search: {3ca2f312-6f6e-4b53-a66e-4e65e497c8c0} - c:\program files\avg\avgssie.dll
BHO: Pop-up Blocker: {52706ef7-d7a2-49ad-a615-e903858cf284} - c:\program files\netzero\qsacc\X1IEBHO.dll
BHO: Prefetch: {a66aa08a-9bf0-4e87-99e6-6972731d6b99} - c:\program files\web accelerator\Prefetch.dll
BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: NetZero Toolbar Helper: {fe3098b0-04a3-41fd-8ca9-bea39cb14c87} - c:\program files\netzero\ucreg.dll
TB: ZeroBar: {f0f8ecbe-d460-4b34-b007-56a92e8f84a7} - c:\program files\netzero\Toolbar.dll
TB: Grab Pro: {c55bbcd6-41ad-48ad-9953-3609c48eacc7} - c:\program files\orbitdownloader\GrabPro.dll
TB: {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - No File
uRun: [HDDHealth] c:\program files\hdd health\HDDHealth.exe -wl
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [bandmon] c:\program files\bandwidth monitor\bandmon.exe
mRun: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
mRun: [SlipStream] "c:\program files\web accelerator\slipcore.exe"
mRun: [AVG9_TRAY] c:\progra~1\avg\avgtray.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\1dialw~1.lnk - c:\program files\web accelerator\slipgui.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\spyder~1.lnk - c:\program files\datacolor\spyder3pro\utility\Spyder3Utility.exe
IE: &Download by Orbit - c:\program files\orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/201
IE: &Grab video by Orbit - c:\program files\orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/204
IE: Do&wnload selected by Orbit - c:\program files\orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/203
IE: Down&load all by Orbit - c:\program files\orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/202
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} - hxxp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} - hxxp://photos.walmart.com/WalmartActivia.cab
DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} - hxxp://www... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-popups-navigation-sounds-phantom-audio-504086.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello - I wanted to install my own sound which would play when I empty the Recycle Bin any time in Windows XP. But each time I browse to the particular item I want, and click on "Apply" it plays OK when I test it, but next time I go in it has reverted to the "Windows XP Recycle" sound. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can make it use my own sound instead? Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

About a month and a half ago, I was fiddling with my laptop (an IBM ThinkPad T23 with Windows 2000 Professional) and I deleted the SuperSavage and Utilities, not realizing it was vital for my resolution. I tried reformatting and all that jazz, but no luck. I just got the driver onto a CD-R from my other computer and installed it into my laptop. My laptop resolution is perfect and back to normal. However, the laptop's audio isn't working. I can hear the error sound when I play Freecell (haha) but I can't hear an audio CD. I tried turning the volume up and that works with the error sounds and stuff, but not audio. Also, the little thing that showed the volume increasing when it's turned up isn't showing, but it is working. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

And by the way....why is Chef a smiley? lol :chef:

A:Laptop audio isn't working, but error sounds are

Maybe the driver for the sound card is different from the one for the video?? Just a guess here, didn't do much research on ThinkPad.

cT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-audio-isnt-working-but-error-sounds-are.30613/
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep getting this mesage when I try to play a song on Windows Media player and "Cannot open the audio device another application might be using it" message for Real player or "Waveout format not supported" in Music jukebox and " Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly". I just bought a new sound card, installed it and disabled the onboard audio. I am also using Windows Media 10. Can anyone please help. Urgent! Thank you.

Relevancy 49.02%

I've got an HP Pavilion a250n w/a Realtek AC'97 Audio Sound Card running through a Samsung digital LCD Monitor/Speaker combo (SyncMaster 172B), but all the audio is coming out with an echo, like I'm inside of a well! This problem occurs in media player (streaming NPR, playing CD's), internet sites (www.homestarrunner.com), basic Windows sounds, everything! Any ideas for resolving this issue?

Relevancy 49.02%

Mu audio playback all of a sudden sounds like its' under water. Is there a quick, east fix??

A:Audio distorted, tinny, sounds like its underwater

Welcome to the Windows 8 forum.

Please fill in the "My System Specs". It helps us to try and help you.

Many sound modules, such as RealTek have options for Sound Effects. If you have this, one of the sound effects may have been enabled. With RealTek, there is an HD Audio Manager (found under Control Panel/Hardware and Sound). I don't know if or where for other brands.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/51066-audio-distorted-tinny-sounds-like-its-underwater.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Dell Studio XPS Intel R Core TM system problems. no audio. No PC sound sounds, i CPU GHz CPUs GHz GIGs of RAM Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack I here as a last resort before formatting my hard drive A couple of weeks ago the sound on my PC up and died for no apparent reason Ran PC sound problems. No system sounds, no audio. all the diagnostics troubleshooting checked my drivers went so far as to uninstall reinstall and as far as my 'system' was concerned everything was working fine But no sound As a side note Window Media player give me a quot Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file quot whenever I tried to play PC sound problems. No system sounds, no audio. any music PC sound problems. No system sounds, no audio. but I don't get any errors with VLC but still no sound Sound tests get an error message when dealing with sound options in the Control Panel I am the dumb and have no restore points prior to my sound going as I failed to act when the sound initially died and my most recent ones are post-sound death I searched online for other Windows sound issues and there were a lot checked my system against the majority of the major issues and the problems that others were experiencing hardware compatibility issues device manger setup and such was not something I was experiencing I went so far as to reinstall Windows on a drive partition and when I boot up using that OS I have sweet glorious sound So I figure that I have somehow borked something on my primary OS that doesn't exist on the small partition Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:PC sound problems. No system sounds, no audio.

Two items are needed to try and help you. A screenshot of the Sound, Playback panel and the Device Manager Sound section.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Here are mine for an example of what is needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/372355-pc-sound-problems-no-system-sounds-no-audio.html