Windows Support Forum

user on a domain

Q: user on a domain

I have four computers that use Window XP Pro, that are on a domain. Is there some way to set the policies to allow only certain users to log in and not others?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: user on a domain

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: user on a domain

Got it figured out.

Mahalo,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-on-a-domain.680353/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello Currently we are in the middle of a migration project We are migrating users from child domains to the root domain of one organization The user accounts are migrated with powershell using nbsp Move-ADObject cmdlet This works as expected The SIDHistory attribute is updated correctly Recently we received complaints from some migrated users - they lost their default custom file associations This happens only on Windows Windows What happens the user is migrated and logs onher profile loads and everything's preserved as expected the user clicks on a jpeg file previously associated with program XYZ OS asks the user to choose a program to open the file withthe user chooses a default program XYZ and the file openswhen the user clicks on a jpeg file again - OS asks to choose another account domain are when domain changes) user to associations one File lost (SID migrated is from a program again i e the settings are not preserved Our investigation shows that it is connected with the UserChoice registry key and the HASH value under nbsp HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FileExts SomeExt According to nbsp this blog nbsp the HASH is calculated based on user's SID But after the migration the user has new SID and the HASH becomes invalid File associations are lost when user account is migrated from one domain to another domain (SID changes) and we hit this quot However In Win the registry changes are verified by a hash unique File associations are lost when user account is migrated from one domain to another domain (SID changes) per user and app nbsp that detects tampering by apps nbsp In the absence of a valid hash we ignore the default in the registry quot Currently deleting the UserChoice key for all associations solves the problem But the user has to make all her nbsp customizations again which is undesirable Is there any supported way to fix this Why the OS doesn't update the HASH after the first logon when the SID has changed as it updates the SID for the nbsp ProfileList key nbsp This could become big issue in large migrations

A:File associations are lost when user account is migrated from one domain to another domain (SID changes)

Hello Petar K. Georgiev,
Please check the following article to change the registry key to change back to the default file type associations.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html
Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Best regards,
Fangzhou CHENPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9eeee700-5358-46b8-9c5c-3452045b5159/file-associations-are-lost-when-user-account-is-migrated-from-one-domain-to-another-domain-sid?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

PC was on Windows home version. It was upgraded to Windows Pro but it made us install the anniversity update before we could upgrade.

Joined the computer to the domain with no issue. After reboot we could not log in with the domain user account. Tried other domain accounts too, even domain admin account. It say username or password is incorrect but that is not true.

Tried to unjoin and rejoin to the domain no luck.

Confirmed dns settings on the PC. Using wired connection. Not going through a VPN connection or anything like that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/cannot-login-to-domain-user-after-domain-join-1159401.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

A:Strange Defult Login User Prompt - Local Admin, Not Domain User

Quote: Originally Posted by Norwood

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

The above is a bit confusing. Is this computer joined to a work domain or is it not?

If this is a domain computer, the user will have to use the classic log on screen (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), not the Welcome Screen. If he wants to switch to logging in to the Local computer account and not the domain, he'll have to "Switch User" then log in with the format of Computername\User Name

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208916-strange-defult-login-user-prompt-local-admin-not-domain-user.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hi :

User A will transfer from office 1 to office 2 next week.

In the AD, is it possible to transfer the user A from one domain to another domain.

1. Or would it be better to delete the user in domain 1 and create a new user in domain 2 with the same user ID ?

2. And what type of administrator in AD can perform this type of task.

Thanks
fatchai.

A:How to transfer a user from one domain to another domain in AD ?

Dan Petri's world of knowledge Is one of the best sites that I know of for Active Directory and other information. Check it out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-transfer-a-user-from-one-domain-to-another-domain-in-ad.433399/
Relevancy 56.76%

I know you can lock down an AD account user. Lockdown specific machine on to a user domain a login to log into a specific machine but can you lock down a machine to only accept certain user logins We have some mission critical machines that only have the specific rights with certain ID s but the users keep insiting on logging onto them Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user. as their own ID thus making the app not work properly and the machine go whacky I want to set it up to deny logins other than using the specified ID s they have been given already and not their own user accounts Is there any way to do this other than limiting EVERY user account since I only need this limit on like PC s per site I have Thanks for any help yes I know about runas types of solutions I really would like to keep these Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user. PC s as clean as we can and not have other user profiles on them at all TIA nbsp

A:Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user.

So I would assume these computers are attached to the domain, so their domain logins allow them to login to the computer.

Couldn't you use a combination of the local policies
Deny logon locally
Logon Locally

Both of them allow you to add a user or group to those local policy. I would think that if you deny the everyone group in the domain then set the users who are allowed to login in the other policy, that might work. I am not sure though. I would have to test it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lockdown-user-login-on-a-domain-machine-to-a-specific-user.440398/
Relevancy 56.76%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

I have about users in two different domains One is AD and the other is NT domain There is one user user.domain.000 who can log in to his computer with the correct domain account and password for the NT domain This allows him to log in but gets the wrong user profile Looking into this I have found that there are two profiles on the computer with the same name user domain amp user domain All attempts to move or delete the user domain folder result in the recreation when that user logs in again I have found where I can modify the registry to point to the profile desired when this user logs on but am weary of making this change because it can cause other apps to fail based on how they are configured when installed I am looking for any kind of suggestions on how to go about fixing this issue of mine Any thoughts or suggestions on what to look for as to why this would happen would also be appreciated Oh yeah the computer is running Win k and it user.domain.000 is in the NT domain There are no other users in this domain that are having this problem at least not yet It does have an antivirus app running that is up to date and ran last night with no issues Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-domain-000.672822/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a domain setup for learning purposes via VMWare. I have 2k3 as DC with 2 XP clients. I have created a local account on one of the XP clients as G-Stress and that is the only additional account I created on that VM. My problem is I created several accounts on the DC, but when I try to login with any account other then G-Stress on the XP client it says the domain is unavailable?

I'm sure I'm missing something just not sure what. As far as the accounts on the DC their all setup with default options. I did see that they are all set as "Local Path" which kind of confuses me.

What I'm wanting to do is to be able to log onto the domain with any account on either of the XP clients. Do I have to create every account on the XP clients as well as the DC?

A:Domain User

Did you join the XP client to the domain? Do you see the XP workstation as a machine account in active directory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-user.923136/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

There's something i cannot figure out. I'm in this current domain but these few days i realize i;m not able to add in any user account in XP.

The error pop up saying that trust relationship between primary server fails, but i;m already an administrator of that domain.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-domain-user.905983/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am in the process of moving our users from our old Netware X server to NT Domain Just because its the way we ve always done it I recreated all the users directories in NT and shared them individually the way we always have in netware I suspect that in NT the proper way Shares NT4 Domain on User would have been to share the ourserver users and User Shares on NT4 Domain then given permissions to the individual users directories but I cant map the users drive directly to their directory that way and I wanted the users to see their shares only and not everyone elses Even though they cant get into User Shares on NT4 Domain the other user directories it would just confuse them and maybe tempt them to try if they see all the user directories out there My concern is that I have between and users Is there a limit to the actual shares NT can have Is there a performance hit for hundreds of shares Am I heading into problems further on by giving the users these shares What is the accepted and preferred way to provide each user with a user directory thanks in advance nbsp

A:User Shares on NT4 Domain

try this in user manerger
path sould look something like this : \\servername\share\%name%

let me know if this helps
rodman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-shares-on-nt4-domain.44841/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok, so i currently have 5 workstations connected to an sbs2003 Acer server / domain. Im about to replace the old Acer server (sbs2003) with a new IBM x3200 Server (sbs2011). On the workstations, i know i will need to add them to a workgroup, and then rejoin them to the new server / domain. But how do i retain the current users profiles on the workstations once they have been joined to the domain? Anyone who has had experience with this would be most appreciated :):):)

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
I'm not sure where to start with this one. I have a web server with two nics installed. One nic goes out to the internet the other nic is connected to my internal network. I didn't want to install FTP on the web server. So what I would like to do is share the folder to the local web admin can update the website. But how can I put some security on that shared folder? I was hoping to just add that user account permissions to that folder but it's not in the same domain. Would it be bad to put the web server on my internal domain? Any help or thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks,
Tony

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 8.1.

I was always able to login as a different user and use my work network user credentials i.e. workgroup\username. On this version I can do this. I can only add users once logged in and switch between them on the login screen.

This version doesn't show the 'login with different user' link. I've looked around the settings, but haven't had any luck with getting it to appear on the login screen.

Any advise on this would be very welcome.

Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50866-cant-login-domain-user.html
Relevancy 50.31%

In my organization we have migrated our windows 7 machines to Active Directory domain.

Ideally we should login to Windows 7 Machine with Domain\username

But at present We are able to login to Windows 7 machine by providing any domain name i.e. abc\username or xyz\username with valid username and password.

Is there any solution which allows user only to login by providing valid domain name. If user enters abc or xyz as domain name, error message should be displayed.

Thanks,
Ashish

A:Login with Domain User name

Welcome to Seven Forums,

See if this Articles helps by forcing a User to logon do a specific domain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353127-login-domain-user-name.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I installed Windows XP (Home) on a new HD. Windows appeared to load correctly, HOWEVER, all it does upon boot is give me "System could not log you on...make sure user name and domain are correct...type password again". Mouse and keyboard won't work, there is no way to move the cursor....

Suggestions?

JeffMcIntosh

A:User Name and domain are correct...

I maybe wrong, but I don't think Win XP Home has the option to add a PC to a domain; only a workgroup. This description is pretty vague. Give us a step by step process on what you're doing. Be very detailed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-name-and-domain-are-correct-349278.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

We are creating a PDF file in login user's local application folder (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\folder1) through a custom .Net application and displaying the created pdf file in application.

The above functionality is working for users who are part of domain and added to local vista machine as users (both for administrator and standard user accounts).
The same is not working for local users (both administrator and standard user accounts created in vista box).

File is getting created for any user under their local appdata folder and can able to open from that location, but not displaying from app in case of local system users (admin or standard type).

Can anyone help me what security settings differ between domain users vs local users in vista business 32 bit OS?

Thanks
Padmaja

A:domain account user vs local account user in vista

Policy that is actually causing the problem (or lack thereof) is corresponds to Internet Options control panel, Connections tab, Lan Settings button: Use Automatic Configuration settings.
Having this turned on causes IE to load a configuration file prepared by IT department which makes a whole lot of configuration changes to IE, including remapping the security zones. We can test this by unchecking this option (the default state).
Since the machine is in domain and since we are testing with domain users accounts, I have monitored domain controller pushing down a bunch of policy settings which relax the IE security settings, causing the reports to display.
First, domain settings will resync over time and this checkbox will keep getting turned back on automatically. So you can?t really turn this off, it won?t stay off. I would feel better just testing local accounts, but since the computer is also a member of the domain, machine-specific policies are applied by the domain as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252093-domain-account-user-vs-local-account-user-vista.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a user with a machine that was setup with Win 8.1 Home. The machine has been upgraded to 8.1 Pro and joined to a domain (WinSrv 2003). I need to get the conten/configuration from their old local machine user profile to their new domain user profile. I tried to copy the contents of their ../users/<name>/.. folder from the local user profile to the new domain user profile (after they had logged in once, and then logged off). This did not work. When I did the copy, I grabbed all files, including hidden...was that my mistake, or is the issue broader?

In the end....they want their old stuff and configuration under their new credentials/profile.

Thanks!

-Nick

A:Merge Domain User Account with Local User Account

There are 4 conventional ways of accomplishing this task.

Option 1: Simply copy My Documents, Favorites, Desktop items from one to the other. You will have to setup program options again, may or may not be a big deal

Option 2: Use the Windows Easy Transfer option. Explained here. Vista & Win7 local to domain profile migration

Option 3: Use the Copy To Feature in User Profiles, explained here: Copy a user profile. The steps are outlined for different versions of Windows, but they work the same in Windows 8.

Option 4: Use the User State Migration Tool. User State Migration Tool 4.0 User's Guide. Here is a link to a video on using the USMT. User State Migration Tool in Windows 7 - Install | TechNet

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52778-merge-domain-user-account-local-user-account.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello here is my case I'm using a laptop I'm using this laptop at office and at home At office I am a domain admin let's say MyDomain MyUser and I use this user to log in to my machine I have added MyDomain MyUser as a local admin of my machine At hime I'm not connected to quot MyDomain quot but I still log in using the account MyDomain MyUser It's ok I can connect But anyway when I'm at home there are some things I cannot do like doing quot cmd admin local Domain user and iisreset quot -- gt must be admin launching a quot visual studio quot solution whena project is registered to Domain user and local admin IIS -- gt must be admin In SQL Server I cannot do some modification when I log as windows authentication and even if this user is dbowner As I understand when I'm disconnected of the domain it does not quot really quot recognize me as being an admin any more until he quot can be sure quot it's me by checking in the domain There are some scenario where this is very blocking for me Can I solve that And how Many thanks

A:Domain user and local admin

Welcome to Sevenforums,

I suggest you to have a look at the MS Support for Windows 7:
Windows 7 Solution Center

Do a search for keyword "Domain" (Domain not available) in the "Advanced Search" Tab.
This will display around 1000 results. Readed some and you might find what you're looking for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/104715-domain-user-local-admin.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The user profile logon I currently use is assoicated with an NT domain. Is there a way to keep the user profile, but sign on without connecting to the domain, i.e. as a local computer user? If I remove the domain name and substitute it with (local computer), it doesn't allow a sign on. I'd like to keep all of my settings, but use them without signing on to our NT network. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-user-profile-but-leave-domain.769265/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have several users on my domain, managed with Active Directory. How can I ensure that every user, regardless of what PC they sign into, has the exact same programs and settings for these programs?

I don?t want to go to every computer, and install and configure software for each person that signs into that PC. Sometimes our users don?t always use the same PC either, so if for some reason I configured a user account on one PC earlier in the day if they log into a different computer I?ll have to do it all over again.

I need each PC to have programs, with certain settings for those programs, to be installed under any user account that may sign into that computer. For e.g., if I were to sit down at a computer that I have never signed into before - once I login Firefox is already installed with certain preferences.

Any help?

A:Same programs and settings for each user regardless of PC on domain

In short: I guess you need a combination of roaming profile (for settings and data) and group policy to install the programs. And perhaps folder redirection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374203-same-programs-settings-each-user-regardless-pc-domain.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all - I have a full AD domain set up at home and have been using the client/domain model for a couple of years now. Each of my 4 client PC's is part of the domain along with the 2 user accounts we use here. In the interest of simplifying my home computing "infrastructure", I want to get rid of the servers and go back to a simple approach with my 4 clients, a firewall/switch and the cable modem.

Is there a migration utility that will allow me to take my users' desktop settings/profile from the domain back to just a local workgroup? Do I remove the PC's from the domain, then migrate desktop settings?

Thanks!
M

A:Migrate XP Domain user to Workgroup

You can create and then log in with the new local user account, log off, log in with another admin account. Then copy the domain user's home directory to the new local user's home directory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrate-xp-domain-user-to-workgroup.499240/
Relevancy 49.88%

We have a small organisation with users A website. not User Domain Particular a access Could domain has been created and the domain users can access an Particular Domain User Could not access a website. internal web application with their Digital Key The Web app works only on IE The admin user of the web app can access the Web app without the digital key with username and password The issue we are facing is a particular domain user in a particular PC could not access the web app with admin user account without digital key The same domain user can access the web app as the admin user in other PCs and some other users can access the app with admin account in the same PC Eg User A cannot access the App in the PC P User B can access the App in the PC P User A can access the App in the PC P All the above accesses are by Admin user without digital key IE displays quot Internet Explorer cannot display the Webpage quot error Things I did to resolve the issue Recreated the Domain user account Reset the IE But no luck Please help on this friends Thanks in Advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397573-particular-domain-user-could-not-access-website.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I was wondering if it is ok to use an account that is a domain admin? technet says use a readonly account, but does that mean it has to be a domain user and not an admin? Please let me know, thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/621aa78e-40e0-48c7-80bb-db4751ab904d/question-about-the-domain-user-settings?forum=mata
Relevancy 49.88%

Here are the specs W Pro K PC Domain-Joined Here is the problem I had to delete a User Account so I did so by first removing the account profile and then deleting the user's folder After a Restart I logged back in as the Admin re-added that user's W7 account PC corrupt domain on 32k Possible Pro user profile did a Switch User and logged in as the user Upon quot preparing your Possible corrupt user account on W7 Pro 32k domain PC desktop for first time use quot I recieved an error message in the lower righthand side of the screen that said quot You've been logged on with a temporary profile Any files and folders will not be saved quot I logged off the user account logged back in as the user and the same error message came up I also tried another Restart but each time I attempt to login as that user I get the error message Additionally the user's folder is not listed as an account on the PC it is showing as quot TEMP quot Is there any chance that this proble could reside on the server as opposed to the local PC I am currently in the process of doing a clean install but have never run into this problem before and thought to ask everyone here Thanks

A:Possible corrupt user account on W7 Pro 32k domain PC

Goto HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Currentversion\Profilelist

Can you post a screenshot of the SIDs shown there...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260586-possible-corrupt-user-account-w7-pro-32k-domain-pc.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Wanting to migrate my student lab's to amp this summer but need to find a way to quot Disable quot Fast User Switching - I see the advantage for the home user and maybe even a small office but for students who NEVER log off I want the machines to run as fast and as clean as possible and NOT have multiple accounts logged in at the same time While I am familiar with Switching for Fast User Domain PC's the reg hack to hide the quot switch user quot button this is also not an option since if a student logs in and locks the machine there is no way for the lab instructors to log Fast User Switching for Domain PC's off the machine with their administrator credentials It simply asks for that users information and the only way around is to shut down or reboot the machine Did Microsoft miss this It may have been in Vista also but we skipped that OS and this will be a MAJOR headache for MANY network admins - I hope I have missed something and look forward to anyone's advice on Fast User Switching for Domain PC's this and how they handle this scenario -

A:Fast User Switching for Domain PC's

Try this,

Lock and Switch User - Add or Remove - Vista Forums

The first thing you can do is disable the Lock function,
in the registry browse to the following keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Then create a a new DWORD (32bit value) name it DisableLockWorkstation
Change the value to 1 which disables the Windows Lock. (The change should be immediate)

From there you can disable the Switch User, from either Group Policy or in the registry..

Hope this Helps...

EDIT: I have just tested this on my Windows 7 computer and it works! I can't Lock the machine or switch users..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/84148-fast-user-switching-domain-pcs.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I would like to set my domain pcs to have a custom branded wallpaper when users login for the first time. I am using Vista Business. I do not have a problem with them changing the wallpaper to personalizae there pc once they have logged in. How do I go about doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-domain-user-background.866671/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi nbsp I have installed the IBM filenet user with crashes Application domain capture in windows bit and with local user everything seems to be working fine but i login with domain user the application crashes with the following here Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Application Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Application Error Date Application crashes with domain user nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp Classic User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N A Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp SCAN segbpnt ogb Description Faulting application name FNCaptureApp exe version time stamp x e b Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x d b Exception code xc Fault offset x f Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d f a e Faulting application path C IBM Capture Programs FNCaptureApp exe Faulting module path C Windows system KERNELBASE dll Report Id e c -ec - e -af d- aa ca Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt SCAN segbpnt ogb lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt FNCaptureApp exe lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt e b lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt d b lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt c lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt f lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt d f a e lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt C IBM Capture Programs FNCaptureApp exe lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt C Windows system KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt e c -ec - e -af d- aa ca lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt Please help me with this I know this is regarding permission issue speculation but where to give permission not able to understand where to give permission and i also checked at registry level but no luck is there any way to enable tracing for paticullar dll any suggestions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/86df8f3f-25f3-4450-93f2-72833b79a535/application-crashes-with-domain-user?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 49.88%

I am looking for some help with something that I have been unsuccessful in finding a solution for. I am currently doing testing with windows 7 and adding a few computers to our domain. We do not want the computer to remember the last logged in user, therefore when the computer boots up, it shows a blank user icon. I understand the reasoning behind this but I a looking for a fix. I would like to put a custom user icon in there and have it display when users are not logged in as well as make it the default for the user icons. I have already made it the default for the user icons, however am stuck on the blank icon.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks again,

-AF

A:Blank User Icon in Domain

How to customize default user profiles in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/79886-blank-user-icon-domain.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm stumped I have a batch file that I used on XP to run an MMC that I created for common management tasks In the MMC I have the ability to run regedit as a root forest domain privileged user for remote system registry editing password resets using AD remote computer management and several web links for common sites the team uses I did this so it was all in one place and it worked awesome in Win XP When I run the batch file it reports that the directory could not be found Here's the command in the batch file C WINDOWS system runas exe savecred profile env user root forest domain account quot mmc Admin Tools msc quot Obviously the account being used for the privileged Batch different user? domain to a file as MMC run access is put after the user switch Here is the error I get C Users username Desktop gt C WINDOWS system runas exe savecred profile env user elevated username quot mmc Admin Tools msc quot Attempting to start mmc Admin Tools msc as user quot root Batch file to run MMC as a different domain user? forest domain account quot RUNAS ERROR Unable to run - mmc Admin Tools msc The directory name is invalid I have verified that runas is in the same place as in XP as well as MMC I have run the batch file with elevate access as well as run the command prompt with elevated access in fact that was copied from an elevated command prompt The account I'm running it on has admin Batch file to run MMC as a different domain user? rights on the box though UAC is set I own both the account this was run from and the quot root forest quot privileged account this account is NOT a domain admin This is all being done on Win Pro in a large enterprise domain environment Again this batch file worked and still works on Win XP in the same environment Thanks I should add that the MMC console runs fine if I Batch file to run MMC as a different domain user? don't use the batch file

A:Batch file to run MMC as a different domain user?

Nobody?

I know we have some awesome how-to people here, maybe it should be in a different forum?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120768-batch-file-run-mmc-different-domain-user.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I domain Can't - user for profile local Win set XP can t seem to have a user on my domain have a local profile on this one computer of mine One of my users see pic named ben has a local profile however when I added another user Can't set local profile for domain user - Win XP nicole using the window on the right The user doesn t even appear in the profiles settings over on the left I ve logged in with nicole and it says it can t find the roaming profile and is going to use a temporary profile But when I go to change the profile from roaming to local the quot local profile quot option is grayed out when i m logged in as nicole when I m logged in as an administrator nicole doesn t appear on the profile settings list so I can t change it there either I m a bit confused My PDC is running samba on a linux box The worst part is roaming profiles aren t even enabled in the samba settings If there is any other information you need from me please let me know nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-local-profile-for-domain-user-win-xp.466626/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have had this answered in the past, but cannot locate the thread so I am asking again.  I want to restrict a Windows 7 Pro machine so that only I and a couple other domain users can log on.God Bless, Mark A. Sam The Bible promises there will be NO computers in Heaven: Revelation 21:4

A:Restricting Domain user logon

Mark,
<quote>
I want to restrict a Windows 7 Pro machine so that only I and a couple other domain users
can log on.
</quote>
Sure, you can set it locally.
On your WIndows 7 Pro, run gpedit.msc
Configure local policy as described in step 7.
Configure Computer / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / User Rights Assignment / Allow Log on Locally. Configure this setting so that only users who should log on locally are listed.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3c980bcb-9232-4760-88c6-b9e81ba5b9e1/restricting-domain-user-logon?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 49.88%

I take care of our small SBS2011 based system (approx 30 users). I have a (1) user (Windows 7 Pro system) who can no longer browse the internet with Firefox or IE. If I log in as another user, I can browse - no problem.

Logged in under the problem user, I can ping web sites and get 4 good returns. I did scan with Sophos, Malwarebytes, SFC and Vipre Rescue (safe mode). Malwarebytes did find and quarantine a few things. 

What ever he stepped in, it did load a couple of BS programs which I went into control panel (programs) and uninstalled as well.

What should I look for or try next?

I was going to try Rkill, Combofix and adwCleaner.

Thanks

A:One User can not browse on a Domain, Ping OK.

Run the AdwCleaner.  If downloads have been made which contained embedded third party software it will remove it.

Do not run Combofix, you should not run this without the guidance of one of our Malware Removal Teem members.  You can not post a combofix in the Widnows forums.

Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.Please run the ESET OnlineScan
Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.

Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology

ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Click the Back button.
Click the Finish button.

Because the Eset online scan is going to be run and the results posted this topic will be moved to the Am I Infected forum.  This is the proper location for this topic.  These logs can not be posted in the Windows forums.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541019/one-user-can-not-browse-on-a-domain-ping-ok/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
All of my clients are domain member of server 2008. But, I want to remove some member PC (XP pro) to default XP settings. They will access server through VPN connection.
Now:
1) How can I get back to default XP settings?
2) After back, my previous settings destroy or remain unchanged?
I mean mydesktop settings/outlok settings etc...

Thanks in advance...

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all
I have a laptop which I use for both business and personal use. The laptop is running Windows XP professional. I want to set up two or more users/profiles on the laptop, each user must be connected to a different workgroup or domain. So, if I have 3 users, then one user must connect to a domain and the two other users must connect to TWO DIFFERENT WORKGROUPS.

Is this possible and how do I do this?
Thanx
ChG

A:Different Workgroup/Domain on user accounts

As far as I know you will have to remove the computer from the network & join it to the workgroup..and vice/versa if you want to use it on different networks.. It cant be joined to more than 1 network at any given time. Even though you would be using it in 2 different locations it still remains joined to the network/workgroup that is already there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-workgroup-domain-on-user-accounts.625103/
Relevancy 49.88%

computer won't let me log on saying.user name and domain not correct...this happened some time ago...think admin was,mentioned.please help

A:won't let me log on windows xp.user domain not correct

Is this your own/home computer or one at work? If the latter then contact your Admin chaps/chapesses.If it's your own/home computer - are you actually using a domain system; very unlikely to be on a domain at home??

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/wont-let-me-log-on-windows-xpuser-domain-not-correct/203150.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear Experts

I have got my work laptop (windows 7) that was configured to access a domain work.

When I log in to my laptop the username that was assigned to me is like that : country\d50001122,,,,,,,,made it up and password is : forum

When I am at home I want to backup my work from the laptop to a network drive on my home desktop computer (called storage1).

On my desktop computer I tried to create a username d50001122 ( I removed the country with slash) and with same domain password.

Then I enabled the sharing and the security on my home drive.

I tried from my laptop to access that drive but error message pops us :

Quote:
You do not have permission to access \\homedesktop\storage1. Contact your network administrator to request access

Did i miss something ? is that error because of user is a domain user ?

Regards

A:domain user needs to map home drive

Quote: Originally Posted by zillah2004

Dear Experts

I have got my work laptop (windows 7) that was configured to access a domain work.

When I log in to my laptop the username that was assigned to me is like that : country\d50001122,,,,,,,,made it up and password is : forum

When I am at home I want to backup my work from the laptop to a network drive on my home desktop computer (called storage1).

On my desktop computer I tried to create a username d50001122 ( I removed the country with slash) and with same domain password.

Quote:
You do not have permission to access \\homedesktop\storage1. Contact your network administrator to request access

Regards

Try going into the Home drive then make adjustments to the Security tab of the C:>Users folder per the link below.

HDD sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304333-domain-user-needs-map-home-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I received my computer recently from someone who registered it on a domain server out of my access. Every time I try to change a setting where I need to give my password, the computer says "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request" i also cannot change user accounts.

i would appreciate any help.

A:How do i change user accounts outside their domain?

Quote: Originally Posted by Thielen

I received my computer recently from someone who registered it on a domain server out of my access. Every time I try to change a setting where I need to give my password, the computer says "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request" i also cannot change user accounts.

i would appreciate any help.

Welcome to the windows 7 forums Thielen.

Can it be assumed that you received the original disk from whoever you received the computer from?

My suggestion is to do a complete re-install unless you can give the machine back to whoever you got it from and have them unjoin the computer from their domain and set it back to a local workgroup. They should be able to do this fairly easy.

Although FWIW, Home versions of Windows 7 won't allow you to join to a server domain.

If the person you received the computer from is not available then about the only solution would be to completely re-install windows 7 from the disks you received from them.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223389-how-do-i-change-user-accounts-outside-their-domain.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've done this before on NT, but I don't remember how. I'd also like to do it in 2K/XP.

If I had to guess, it would be in NT's musrmgr, but it's not.

Relevancy 49.88%

Dear Experts

You do not have permission to access \\homedesktop\storage1. Contact your network administrator to request accessClick to expand...

Regards

A:domain user needs to map home drive

have you contacted your net admin?

Just as an FYI, about 4 months ago we let go a very senior person in my company for doing exactly what you are doing. He got tagged for theft, as well as a SOX violation. So unless you have express written permission to take work home ESPECIALLY IT work, I'd be very, very leery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-user-needs-to-map-home-drive.1108077/
Relevancy 49.88%

Probably an easy one, but I can't figure it out.

In our company, we have Windows Small Business Server 2008

We have bought a new PC with Win 8 Pro installed, the first one with Win8. How can I create a user account that is part of our domain?

I have been able to make the PC a member of the domain.
I have been able to create a local account, and I can create a "microsoft" account. Both use different paswords than the one used in the users domain account.

But how can I create an account in the style MYDOMAIN\MYUSER and with the domain password?

A:Make user member of domain

Hello, domain users are created at the local Domain Controller in ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers). Unless you are a domain admin you cannot do that.
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/make-user-member-of-domain.1131932/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
Once a workstation is removed from the active domain does the SAM file still contain security information regarding the active domain.
I'm asking because we are evaluating our security processes when retiring a workstation.
Thank you,
James

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5d2c3525-dd9c-446c-aa19-94840f63aacf/sam-user-info-and-active-domain?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello
we had a windows server 2008 Domain network.
now we have deployed a brand new windows server 2012 R2 forest.
so we must disjoin client computers from previous domain and join them to this new domain.
when users of this new domain login to their computers, new profile folder is created for them (e.g. c:\users\u1.newdomain.lab, but this folder definitely doesn't contain their previous profile folder contents (desktop, documents, App data....)
what is the best solution to migrate user profiles from each previous user to related new user without any problem ?
i tried copying the entire profile folder of each user & replace it on the profile folder new user, but some problem arises, when this new user tries to login using this replaced profile folder.
i am not sure is it right forum to ask user profile related question?
thanks in advanced

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b10cc816-43a6-41a8-9ac0-844d4071dd50/migrating-user-profiles-to-new-domain?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

I have a user on our domain who is always unable to log into his PC after it gets locked. If he reboots he is then able to log in normally with exactly the same password.

He is also able to log onto the PC when it is not connected to the network so the cached credentials are not a problem.

Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] DOmain user can't log in after locking PC

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

First thing is to find out why they are getting blocked. I'd recommend a password change first to make sure that a device like a phone isn't using the wrong password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-domain-user-cant-log-in-after-locking-pc-978450.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi there;

I have a local network and using domain control on it.On my domain there are many users,I want to give Privilege to User Accounts like they cant install programms and things like that but they can access their files folders freely.They should have modify their files on what their computers have.I want to protect Ip configration for manual changing attempts,I have *.bat files to change ip configrations Users only clicking on the shortcuts to change their ip configuration when they gone to other locations that decided before...

is there any possinle way to do it with using policies or windows user privileges?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/privilege-to-user-accounts-domain-control.1028155/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi,
I am not able to login as a domain user . it will show error message "could not able to start user profile service". please help me on this.
regards
Shivakumar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-user-login-error-on-win764-bit.1026227/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with a work station that I cant seem to find a work around for. Typically in a domain environment you would have a log in screen with the user's full name (John A. Doe) with their username below it in smaller font (local\jdoe) as I'm sure most of us are familiar with.

I recently removed a machine from our domain, but on reboot I'm not able to login with any local accounts. Looks like something funky as I'm only seeing the full name of the last user (John A. Doe) and no arrow to allow for the "Other Users" option.

I've tried using the password for the last user that signed on but no luck there. Can anyone point me in the direction as to how to get over this hump.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75314-no-local-user-login-after-removal-domain.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,
Is there a way of running IE in elevated mode for domain user PERMANENTLY without adding them as a local admin?
Looked at a lot of forums but no joy so any help would be much appreciated.
Ibby

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f848d5c-2eb3-4152-9fca-34435bd8b8fd/running-ie-in-elevated-mode-for-domain-user?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.02%

The domain controller can only be found for the initial login after changing from workgroup to domain, any further login attemps bring up the logon message 'a domain controller for your domain could not be contacted'. Once I remove the computer from the domain on the server I can add it again by changing from workgroup to domain on the new machine, but again am limited to only one login. Any idea on what could be causing this?

A:{User Opened New Thread} - Domain controller

Greetings

Can you ping the server? Can you net view it? What network access do you have to it?

Are you connecting to it over a router? Is it in another subnet?

Are you trying to connect using Win9x or an NT machine?

What type of protocols are you running? What types are the server running?

Cheers
------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-opened-new-thread-domain-controller.28290/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi folks, did somebody here have a knowledge on how to migrate USER PROFILES from DESKTOP to a new DOMAIN?I try some methods and it's completely done well .. BUT, just for winXP, I try it on VISTA, but error occur.. anyone?

A:How To Migrate User Profiles From Desktop To New Domain

What do you mean by "domain"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352932/how-to-migrate-user-profiles-from-desktop-to-new-domain/
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently got my personal laptop connected to my work domain I don't have much experience with the domain environment amp wanted to find out some more info about it My local user account has admin privileges and since joining the domain it has now become quot Sophos administrator quot and has lost the rights to change many system settings The domain admins also created a new user account standard user that allows me to access work printers and shared drives that my local admin account cannot access This means I have to switch between accounts User accounts domain and a work security in to access different programs printers files etc and this can be time consuming because I have to completely log off and then log back on as the other user Looking at other threads it also appears that I will no User accounts and security in a work domain longer be able to access my homegroup when I take my laptop home but I'll deal with that another time Anyway my questions are Can somebody recommend a tutorial on how domains work and whether I can consolidate both my user accounts without annoying the domain admins Also in terms of my personal files amp privacy is there anything I should be concerned about I have turned off network discovery but do the domain admins have remote access to my computer Thanks for your help amp sorry if these are simple questions

A:User accounts and security in a work domain

"How domains work" has filled books guaranteed to put you to sleep. It sounds like you just need a bit of info as it pertains to domain accounts vs. local accounts.

Like you mentioned and like the name implies, a local account is good for doing stuff on the local computer (plus a few things the the domain admins might allow - like surfing the web).

And a domain account is good for doing stuff that requires you to identify yourself to the resource (printer, share drive,...).

Most likely, the IT staff start people out as standard users and then wait for them to ask to be admins. (Or they assume that users will just add their domain account into the admin group). You should ask your IT staff if you can add your domain account to the admin group on your computer. If they say no, then ask them how to handle the situations where you have been logging off and back on just to get stuff done.

If you don't know how to add your domain account to the admin group on your computer - let them show you how.

The domain admins are admins of your computer now and as such can get to most anything. Will they? Probably not. They have work to do.

If you want to keep them out of certain areas:
TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source Disk Encryption - Documentation - Tutorial
...or a product like that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277568-user-accounts-security-work-domain.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm setting in user No when admin as logged privileges a domain up a No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user new Dell Vostro with Windows Professional bit preinstalled I was able to connect it to my company's domain and log in as the domain admin I logged in as this No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user computer admin and went to users accounts I added the domain user there and they are part of the administrator group I clicked on the advanced tab up top and went to quot advanced user management quot I clicked groups and opened up quot administrators quot I added quot domain admins quot quot domain users quot and quot domain saleslaptop quot the actual user I did the same by logging in as the domain admin I couldn't add a new folder for hijackthis in quot program files quot without No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user getting an error I can't add a folder in quot c users saleslaptop quot I found this thread Domain users and the super admin account and tried cmd gpupdate force I still have the issues I couldn't install the accounting software by double clicking on the setup exe on the network folder like I normally do I had to right click and quot run as administrator quot I was able to get it to run but it took FOREVER It normally takes minutes I had to leave it going overnight It seemed to keep freezing and took a long time when installing net for my accounting software I can't seem to get the domain user to have administrative privileges It went so smooth when I upgrade my Vostro from Win XP to WIn Pro bit Any suggestions

A:No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user

Since you are on a domain, are you enforcing group policy ? You are making the user account a Local administrator on this computer, but not a Domain Administrator. Group policy will keep this user account from doing some things if the account is just a domain user. I assume that this user will not normally be a domain administrator, is that correct ? In Active Directory on the server, open Active Directory Users and Groups and see what domain groups does this user account belong to ? You may have to temporarily add this user account to one or more administrative groups in AD for this user account to do all the things you want it to be able to do. Try adding this user to the Domain Admins and the Group Policy Creator / Owners groups on the server, then go to the PC and log in as the user. You may need to log in twice before the elevated permissions show up. When done, be sure to remove this user account from the administrative groups in AD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/124941-no-admin-privileges-when-logged-domain-user.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm struggling to correctly install Windows for a specific domain user for domain 8 active user install Win Prepping on a private x local domain network First of all the hidden admin account kinda annoys me When I get to personalization screen I go to control shift F and enter audit mode logged in as Prepping Win 8 install for active domain user Admin I install all the software necessary the usual stuff office chrome etc etc Then I reboot in OOBE regular mode it asks me for MS account I skip that and then I have to enter name and password My usual procedure is to put users actual first and last name here and when Prepping Win 8 install for active domain user I log in go to My Computer right click and change settings to domain Now my login Prepping Win 8 install for active domain user is PRIVATEDOMAIN username but every single thing almost calls up administrator password I must be doing something wrong TL DR - if I have a user added to active directory with proper settings how do I set up the W machine for him

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61773-prepping-win-8-install-active-domain-user.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have just installed a new PC running Windows 7 Professional for an existing user on our Windows 2003 domain. When she tries to change her domain password, she gets an "access denied" error message. I am able to change her password on the server, and the new
password works fine. I have added her to the local administrator group. But no success. As a test, I added a 2nd user from the same domain to the users on the PC. The 2nd user is able to login and successfully change her password. Not sure where
to go from here except to create a new account on the Domain for the 1st user. Any help would be appreciated.
This is a single forest, Windows 2003 domain, with no other trusts.
This is the 1st Wiondows 7 PC added to the domain. All other workstations are Windows XP.

A:User cannot change their Domain password on new Windows 7 PC

Check her account in AD, is it set to require logon to change password in the "Users must log on in order to change password" check box in the Account Policy ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88629ff4-2fcf-42ed-8052-bfc3843d9fed/user-cannot-change-their-domain-password-on-new-windows-7-pc?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

When I try to add a domain user to the local administrators group, I receive an error saying that the user is already a member of the administrators group. The thing is, that user is not in the member list of the administrators group. Why do I receive that message.

I did a copy of the problematic user in the Active Directory and I am able to add that "testuser" to the local administrators group without any problem.

From my point of view, the problem is not related to user's permissions because I did an exact copy of that user and I can add that "testuser" in the group.

Any solution?

--
PwaX

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-add-a-domain-user-in-the-local-admins-group-277067.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone I'd like to run something past you all if I may I work in the IT Support department of a Further Education College in the UK and for the past few months we've experienced a weird problem with a specific user's PC in that it will randomly shutdown It's a real head-scratcher and I would Random 32-bit. shutdown, domain Windows 7 user, love some input from some fresh eyes Here's the scenario She logs in on a morning fine and can be logged in for hours before her computer goes through its shutdown process displaying the default Windows quot Shutting Down quot Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit. screen with the pretty flowers to the right She boots it back up and can be working away for a Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit. few minutes and it will shutdown again the next time a few Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit. minutes or hours It's very random Here's what I've done so far - Checked the Event Viewer and found nothing untoward - Changed the RAM - no change - Changed the hard drive - no change - Changed her WHOLE PC for a new one - no change - Changed her PC name in case it had something to do with that - no change - We did have some software called Impero installed on her PC which was capable of taking remote control starting the PC up shutting it down etc etc so I removed this - no change - I read on a gaming forum that some people have experienced this problem with certain keyboard In her case she was using an Apple keyboard so I changed this for a standard Microsoft keyboard - no change I thought maybe it was something to do with her network account and thought about changing her username in case she was being targeted somehow - she uses a laptop on the same network same username etc and this works fine and doesn't shut down A colleague of mine checked the Event logs and found something relating to the shutdown in that it was a command from Windows When he sends me the information I will share it Until then though any ideas on the cause or a resolution would be greatly received Its driving me round the twist Thanks in advance

A:Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit.

Hi, Welcome to Seven forums.

Try this and see if it helps.

In Group Policy Object Editor,
expand Computer Configuration,
expand Administrative Templates,
expand Windows Components,
and then click Windows Update.
No Auto-restart with logged on user for scheduled automatic updates installations
enable this policy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371052-random-shutdown-domain-user-windows-7-32-bit.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all!

I am sure there is a simple solution to my problem, and that I am just overlooking something; but...

I have a number of computers that were on a domain named "THS." This domain no longer exists, as the domain has changed to "TRONA." One computer in particular is still "seeing" "THS" as the domain for the Name/Password/Domain logon screen (winxp pro + sp1). I have attempted to log on using "Craff" and his password; but since the domain isn't there, obviously it won't let me in to view documents and files.

When I log on (to "This Computer"), using the local administrator account, I can see windows, etc. - but is there a way to view "Craff"'s documents? Or were his documents lost forever when the "THS" domain was deleted?

Thanks in advance,

AlexTs

A:See User's Files/Documents on a Nonexistent Domain?

Local Administrator should have full control of C:\Documents and Settings\Username (unless someone has tweaked with permissions)

I would take a look under C:\Documents and Settings\Craff\Desktop, C:\Documents and Settings\Craff\My Documents, and C:\Documents and Settings\Craff\Favorites. If you can't open the files then you may have a serious problem. If you can copy the files off that profile to a safe place, remove the PC from a domain to a Workgroup and then Re-add it onto the new Domain then of course move the files that were in his old profile into the new one (I said move and not copy because you want the permissions to be reset).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/see-users-files-documents-on-a-nonexistent-domain.378097/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hii
My system is under of domain when i logon on my system with domain user system shows me you are logon with temporary profile. And i check in cmd my profile shows on this way ( C:\Users\Temp:000 )
how to solve this issue........Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d68a9346-d90b-41dc-96a5-52bc6d7b4d87/domain-user-logon-with-temporary-profile?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 49.02%

hiiiiii
     i have windows 7 prof 64 bit machine. And this machine under the domain and i have install printer on that machine.
When domain user logon on there machine and try to set default printer it is not able to set default.I want to set this as default .so how can i solve this issue........help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca9060db-eec2-41c1-85ef-86b41359b980/cannot-set-default-printer-on-domain-user-profile?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 49.02%

Help! I mistakenly removed a user machine (Win 2K pro) from the domain (Win 2K Server) and put in in a workgroup. Now I can't logon to the local machine! Help!

How do I put it back in the domain -- how do I even logon?

Any help Greatly Appreciated!
ajd

A:return user machine to domain from workgroup

After depressing Alt+Ctrl+Del the Logon menu should have a drop-down for Domain. Click it and you should see the old Domain name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/return-user-machine-to-domain-from-workgroup.105318/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a new user object on the domain
New PC Fresh Image joined to the domain
Each time this user logs in they get a Temp profile. Whats odd is that no matter what machine new old XP Win 7 they get a temp profile. 

Any thoughts about the user object? It's not a roaming profile and it's the same default user that everyone gets.

A:New User on domain always gets a Temp profile. On any machine.

Hi,
What does the user object mean?  Is a domain user account? And what is the meaning of  the same default user that everyone gets? Is it a local user?
Do you mean that any machine gets a temp profile when this user account logs in?
Here are two discussions and one guide about logging on with temporary profile issue.  
Temporary profile loads at log in
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/temporary-profile-loads-at-log-in/6a5f0f5d-d9a4-448b-af8f-b2e6a0a05479
Windows 7 - windows 7 creating temp user profile
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138395-windows-7-creating-temp-user-profile.html
Vista - User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/135858-user-profile-error-logged-temporary-profile.html
Hope that helps.Ivan-Liu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/915217c3-91a0-40fc-b40b-5246a4caefb9/new-user-on-domain-always-gets-a-temp-profile-on-any-machine?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.02%

Here is my situation:

A user running windows 2000 on an NT4 domain joins a win2000 domain of the same name. How do I keep his local user settings (desktop, my documents, outlook etc.) from beginning anew?

A:Windows 2000 user joins new domain

Greetings

Try set him up with a roaming profile.

Open up User Manager for Domains, select his user account and open it.

Click on the Profile button and edit his profile like shown below (substituting the words server, share, username for the actual names)

Then copy his profile out of "c:\Documents and Settings" on his HD to that share.

Then do the same for the Win2000 server, and copy the profile to a server on that domain.

See what happens...

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-user-joins-new-domain.28661/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All,

Hopefully a straight forward question for you...

We have a company laptop that is normally used on our domain and the user wants to setup a local user account on it for home use. We have tried adding a new user but it keeps asking for the domain. I am presuming we have to leave the domain and setup a workgroup for example and do it that way?!? But this causes an issue when the user wants to go back on the domain at work.

Appreciate any advice/help.

Thanks,

Andy

A:On Domain want to setup local user account?

New user account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-domain-want-to-setup-local-user-account.664372/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all thanks for your time I have a quick question regarding user accounts I seem to have a conflicting accounts that i don't really know how to fix background Domain jonathanwes local Computer name MAUDIB Domain user name Wesley Comp User Name Wesley So i downloaded SBS so i could play around w some of problems (sbs 2008 acount Win.7) and Domain/User the new features over for days I only added my computer to the domain and have removed it from the domain server expired I used the user account Domain/User acount problems (sbs 2008 and Win.7) wesley as my domain log in which is also the same as my computer log in But ever since i removed Domain/User acount problems (sbs 2008 and Win.7) myself from the domain i seem to have a brand new quot wesley quot account which seems like it was JUST created If i go into C Users it's lists two user accounts Wesley and Wesley MUADIB I seem to be logging into the Wesley account when ALL my stuff is on the other account I have tried just dragging and dropping all the files onto the quot new quot account but that only moved the files and not all of my settings tldnr I have two of the same user accounts after removing myself from the domain and can only seem to log into one -Thanks EDIT I think my next step is to rename Wesley MUADIB to Wesley Replacing deleting the quot new quot one EDIT II I seem to be having problems messing with Wesley MUADIB because it is locked Still working on it though

A:Domain/User acount problems (sbs 2008 and Win.7)

I figured it out.

Because it was a new user the "Show hidden files" where off, so every time i was moving my old stuff back in, it wasn't copying the actually settings.

Although, i still have stupid little check-mark boxes in the top left hand corner of EVERYTHING.
any ideas why?

**Solved again**
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...eck-boxes.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90301-domain-user-acount-problems-sbs-2008-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of implementing Win7 Professional in a high school. Currently I'm running a Win2k3 R2 active directory where each machine has its own login. I created my cloned image and replicated it to several student computers to test. For some reason on only 1 of the machines it won't save any domain user's profile information to the hard drive in the user folder. Anybody have any idea why this is? Thanks.

A:Domain User Doesn't Save Locally

try first deleteing the machine account and deleteing all local copies of profiles. Them re-join the domain. Are these roaming profiles?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/52560-domain-user-doesnt-save-locally.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone hoping for some help We have SBS with users logging onto computers attached to the domain I originally had my laptop attached to the domain and setup offline files to sync user Removing attached to documents domain my from however it corrupted my access database on the server the core of my business - can t be changed as I had to change Oplocks to get this vista laptop to use offline files so I have disabled offline files on the laptop Desktops XP and vista logged on as this same user operate fine during the day but are obviously never taken offsite and documents never changed quot offline quot The consequence is that I can t use itunes or the quot my documents quot folders at home as offline files are deactivated itunes is VERY unhappy about this I don t Removing my documents from user attached to domain want to activate and deactivate offline documents every day as it requires restarts I want to use the laptop on the domain without having my user using the quot my documents quot just on the laptop I hope this makes sense So How can I use quot my documents quot when still being logged onto the domain either at home or at work I would be prepared to use a separate syncing program that doesn t need oplocks but would like to use the my document pathway on the laptop I want the laptop to remain on the domain as it can then access Removing my documents from user attached to domain a shared drive on the server without problem and perhaps use this Removing my documents from user attached to domain drive to sync documents to say with goodsync or like Alternatively I could accept turning off all quot my documents quot on my user on the domain if it meant it would unlock the quot my documents quot folder on the laptop Happy to post more info or better explanation Please help TIA Steve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-my-documents-from-user-attached-to-domain.611984/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi! All! I have a problem which is so strange. I have one domain user which is roaming profile, but when he log in to computer, it always show temporary profile, I try to check his profile in regedit,but I don't see any *.bak file. I ask him to change to other pc, but the result still the same. Later, I try to remove his account from roaming to regular account, the still temporary profile. What can I do to solve this problem?Note:- he try to log in to OS such as Windows 7,XP, but the still the same.- The PC that u log in has a large space to log in.

A:user domain login always temporary profile

I've seen this before when a profile's registry hive was corrupted. If you're sure the PC(s) the user is logging in to is fine and the involved ACLs are fine, delete/rename the profile off the store and have the user log in again. When they confirm they're no longer getting a temporary profile, restore their profile to a point before this started happening. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/user-domain-login-always-temporary-profile/19510.html
Relevancy 49.02%

We have a situation where one of our users isn't receiving mail from a certain domain. It's very strange because I have users that can receive from that domain just fine. It isn't a setting in her Entourage(she's a mac user), when I telnet into the server I can send an e-mail from the domain and it gets through to the user just fine. I've tracked the messages that have been sent and they seem to get dropped in the Advanced queue. I can't figure it out, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and one last thing... the user has received mail from them before... it just seems that this last month the e-mails have been dropped. I haven't changed our server at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-03-user-cant-receive-mail-from-1-domain.450116/
Relevancy 49.02%

User cannot access their domain this is what they get when they do ipconfig/all:

Hostname:computer1
DNS:111.111.111.2
Default gateway:
IP Address:169.254.0.50
Description:Netgear Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address:00-a0-cc-5f-73-91
what is the problem, is it because the APIPA is a class B and the DNS is a class A. Does the APIPA cause the DNS to not work?

A:A user's computer is unable to access their domain.

Can they ping the DNS server? The gateway is not defined. Where is the DNS in relation to the network? What type of network connection? Can they get to the internet? More info please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-users-computer-is-unable-to-access-their-domain.75589/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a laptop Windows XP Pro that I have been using for work so I have been logging in both when I m in the office and on the network and when I am offline at home using a local remove Keep it user domain profile from but work-related domain user I will no longer be working with that company and so would like to cease to use that domain user How can I make that user a local user no longer associated with the domain Alternatively how can I easily copy all the user profile settings and files I have Keep local user profile but remove it from domain tried quot Copy To quot from System gt Advanced gt User Profiles but the Copy To button is grayed out for the domain user I wish to copy I have also copied the ntuser files to a new local user which seemed to go okay Except that I am stuck on how to disconnect Outlook from my work s Exchange Outlook won t open in the new user profile and get my ACT from Sage database synching with the remote It all just seems a bit more than I can figure out Easiest thing would be to just quot unhook quot the domain user profile from the domain and have it be strictly local Any guidance would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-local-user-profile-but-remove-it-from-domain.919822/
Relevancy 49.02%

We have a domain user that freezes up whenever he is in the middle of something. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as far as what he is doing when this happens. He has tried switched to several different computers and it does the exact same thing, while other users have no problems on any of these computers. Any suggestions? We use Windows 7 Professional and Server 2008 R2.

A:Domain user is freezing up no matter what computer he is on.

In Active Directory on Server compare this user with other users. Are they a part of any Groups, or Objects that are different? Does the user have a Roaming Profile? (eg) they have the same profile on whatever computer they use, Email, My Documents etc?
Do they have mapped network drives that are no longer active? Right click on My Computer and choose Disconnect Network Drive, see if the path of the drive is current or not. If not, disconnect it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/domain-user-is-freezing-up-no-matter-what-computer-he-is-on-703115.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I know, the MS way is to use SysPrep, but that seems enormously OTT when all I want to do is create a Windows 7 Default Profile for our domain.

So, according to my (Google driven) research an easier method is toLogon with a user account
Make it 'so' (i.e. set the default profile how you want it for all new users)
Log off
Log on as Admin
Rename c:\users\default (as default.bak, or .old, whatever)
Rename the folder for the user account used in step 1 to 'default'
Apply Full control permissions to 'Everyone' on the new Default folder.
Simples!

Except that at step 7 I get 'Access Denied' on many of the profile's sub-folders...be that with our domain's administrator account or the local administartor account.

Am I doing something wrong (polite answers only, please!)?

A:Creating a new Default user profile for our domain

One thing that could cause this issue is the fact that the user folder tree contains some symbolic links for compatability with badly written older programs, that assume the folder name will always be the same, over OS changes.

The default for these symlinks is to have a deny permission set for all users including admins to prevent the accidental creation of endless loop situations, where links are called for folders they link to

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/182723-creating-new-default-user-profile-our-domain.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to help a friend set up a small business office (less than 10 users) with some sort of central user database so they can log into each computer with the same profile and password authentication. He has computers using XP and 2000 and a central server just acting as one to store files (Server is not loaded on it). Without an Active Directory, how can I setup centralized authentication. The only thing I am used to is Active Directory. Any help[ would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

A:Windows central user server without domain

You cant setup centralized authentication without a server. If you want all your users to be able to logon to every computer in your office they would have to be connected to a domain or you will have to setup their username and password on every computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-central-user-server-without-domain.326891/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have joined a computer (PC1) to a domain control server (2008), and user able to login using their domain user account - although recently I have found out that even though the computer (PC1) do not connect to a server, user still able to access using their domain account.
Is there a way for me to restrict domain account user from accessing the computer (PC1) if they are disconnected from server?
Hope my explanation make sense to you guyz.

Thank in advance

A:Prevening domain user from accessing Computer

Lots to be considered. Joining a domain is intended to give the company admin configuration control of all the company users.
This is normal, expected and even proper for the company to do this.

restrict domain account userClick to expand...

hmm; only the company admin should be able to do this and almost always it is done using some scripts, NOT by loggin into your PC. So - - who is accessing your PC remotely, the admin - - how do you know this occurs?

PCs joined to a domain usually get a replacement for PC Login - - the network form and that creates a link to the domain controller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prevening-domain-user-from-accessing-computer.204127/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,
Have you experienced when unable to logged on to windows, you got a message "Incorrect password" although your were really sure your password is right?
Now it on my face. If the LAN cable was plugged out, It was succesfully logon, plugin the LAN Cable then restart the computer, after that I was successfully logon without LAN Cable. 
I would apreciate if there are anyone who could share and help to resolve this issue..
good luck guys
Cheers,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6601293c-858e-4413-8914-e65b106867ac/domain-user-logon-says-incorrect-password?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to automatically setup outlook for a domain user. Instead of having to
setup Outlook manually by running the Outlook configuration wizard and
typing in the name of the exchange server and their exchange username.
Thanks Adesh

A:Setup Outlook automatically for a Domain User

Might try Group policy via the Domain. I know you can push many user settings that way.

See this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/ha011402631033.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-outlook-automatically-for-a-domain-user.452261/
Relevancy 49.02%

With the demise of a Primary Domain Controller, I'm replacing the server with a simpler Vista/Win7 power workstation to act as a peer file server. Right now, the three existing workstations are still logging into a Windows domain, but I'll need to change it for them to log into windows and be a part of a workgroup.

I know there's a way to maintain settings, desktop, my-documents, etc, but it always seems I create the same userid on the local workstation, it re-creates everything and all the existing files, outlook, desktop are all under a different user in /documents and settings

It can't be that complicated. Is there a step by step procedure for migrating a user from a domain to a local user & workgroup while keeping everything the same?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have one computer with Windows7 that I need to restrict user logon to just two domain users.  Since it is for only one domain computer, is there a way to restrict the user logon locally on that computer rather than through AD?
Thank you.

DDaleS

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa522874-050e-49a8-877a-cacc7e0f68f2/restrict-user-logon-one-computer-on-the-domain?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a user who s account gets locked out every minutes or so This started today after she completed a policy-mandated password change In addition to her normal workstation there are two additional computers Lockout Domain User Account of Recurring all windows she logs into with some degree of regularity In the course of troubleshooting the issue I had her shut down all three of Recurring Lockout of Domain User Account her computers at once and with all three systems powered down Recurring Lockout of Domain User Account the account continued to become locked out repeatedly This particular user is a database administrator so I ve been entertaining the possibility that her old credentials are statically set in one of her SQL database files I downloaded and ran a utility called lockoutstatus exe which showed a bad password count of from a domain controller that she should not be authenticating to How can I generate a log or otherwise track down the particular workstation database process or service that is trying unsuccessfully to authenticate using her presumably old credentials Most of our servers are running Windows or nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recurring-lockout-of-domain-user-account.1132929/
Relevancy 48.59%

Our school is moving from a Workgroup setup to a Domain (Active Directory.) I'm having a problem though. When I set up new users all of their local settings disappear. So now I'm looking for an easy way to migrate User Profiles from the Local User to the new active directory user. I know microsoft has the Active Directory Migration Tool but is that truly the BEST way to do it?? The guide is like 100000 pages long so I'm not even sure if I want to go that route. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-from-workgroup-to-domain-user-profile-migration.131944/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can anyone help??

I am having trouble with my Windows XP Pro.
I have two user accounts on my laptop, one is a domain account (work) and the other is the local account. Ever since I connected this laptop to my work domain I am unable to connecto to broadband anywhere else.

For example, I can connect to the internet fine when I am on the work network. However, when I am at home and logged into the local account I am unable to connect to the internet (whether it be wired or wireless).

I spoke to an IT friend of mine who (after going through a few steps) said that my local account seems to be using my domain account server to access the net.

Any help would be appreciated as it is driving me mad . Only other option I have is to reinstall.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue.

Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will be taken to the login screen, and when I select 'Other' to login with another account, it takes me to the existing user's password entry screen.

If I sign out, and select 'Other' to login as a different user, I get the same issue. I have to reboot the machine to be able to login with another user account.

I restored the pc to factory defaults and upgraded again, then rejoined the domain, but the problem is still there.

Please help

A:Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

When signing in to a Windows PC which has joined a domain with other than a domain account, you need to use a so called full username (ComputerName\UserProfileName).

In above screenshot example I simply replaced the default domain username with the credentials of a local account using the full username and can now sign in using those credentials.

Clicking the link How do I sign in to another domain shows these instructions:

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43503-domain-joined-windows-10-fast-user-switching.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I ve been tampering with Windows trying to determine what I can customize and what apps I can strip from it without getting in trouble often this requires me to rebuild the user profile The machine is on a Windows domain so my typical process would involve deleting the profile from c users lt profilename gt and then from the ProfileList in the registry unfortunately this doesn t seem to fully restore the trashed profile Windows remembers something about that trashed profile such as which apps were removed and then that carries over when you try to login after deleting links to the old profile I now the changes 10? domain profile user Properly Windows in re-building I made were user-centric since I can login with a profile I ve not yet used and all the apps are in that profile tl dr Windows is remembering things about old domain user profiles Properly re-building domain user profile in Windows 10? even after going through the standard process of rebuilding the profile I need to figure out how to completely wipe the user profile and the app associations so it rebuilds more completely nbsp

A:Properly re-building domain user profile in Windows 10?

You should be deleting the profile from System->Advanced System Settings->Advanced tab ->User Profile Settings rather than the way you listed.

*Edit* Clarified how to access the screen.

https://hardforum.com/threads/properly-re-building-domain-user-profile-in-windows-10.1901140/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everybody (Windows 10 as user open up domain a doesn't Cortana Pro) I am having problems with Cortana opening up on a domain connected PC I haven't yet tested this problem out on to multiple domain accounts but I have tested it on a local account on the computer and it works fine With the local account on the computer everything works fine So when I open Cortana on the taskbar whilst logging into a domain account - the Cortana bar disappears and reappears after a second Not just Cortana I just tested on a domain account I have tested out the Store app - sometime this crashes and closes Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro) just after a minute So what I might be thinking is that the operating system is not supported on to the domain controller which I am running Windows Server Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro) R and not allowing as many features to be used via the policy In the Server R policy only applies for computers that use Windows to Windows Pro Thank your for reading Best Regards Ben

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43955-cortana-doesnt-open-up-domain-user-windows-10-pro.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello.
I have only Windows 7 machines in Server 2012 domain (Server 2008 R2 functional level). Everything is working fine except when a user changes his/her domain password from Windows 7 machine- it takes a long time ~5 minutes or more to successfully change the
password but changing a users domain password from the DC (2012) works instantly.

I hope I posted this in the right forum category.
Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 slow domain user password change.

Hi,
Please check if there are some related errors in your Event Viewer. Also, check the error on your DC side.
Tracy Cai
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e477dc23-e1c2-447f-be5a-a5e473c9595d/windows-7-slow-domain-user-password-change?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone,

I have a number of computers which are setup in a Workgroup environment. Shortly I will be introducing a Domain Controller (Server) to the group, and each of the computers will be configured for Domain Membership.

I am now wondering if there is some kind of automated way to 'duplicate' user accounts when moving from a Workgroup to a Domain? Some of the user accounts have significant customization, such as start up programs, desktop shortcuts, and files.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-there-an-automatic-way-to-move-user-accounts-from-a-workgroup-to-a-domain-1091186.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys So it starts like this I wanted to network with domain, user SP3, [SOLVED] Pro XP login.. problem Windows my Win comp to my mums XP pro laptop in order to do this i had to or so i read set the workgroup to the default quot WORKGROUP [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login.. quot on her laptop Now in the system settings it was set on Domain [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login.. with domain name being quot SOUTHCITY quot i went ahead and selected Workgroup and input quot WORKGROUP quot After restarting i could no longer log in using her account or the admin account for that matter safe mode still required me to login so no luck there Created a boot cd changed the admin password I now have admin access and can login using admin account Now i went to undo what i had done in the first place selecting Domain and setting it as SOUTHCITY and i get the error as seen here http filedb experts-exchange com i n-join-err JPG I have a hint that its because the laptop is not connected to the server at school where she normally uses it But if that is the case then why was it working as it was at home maybe its an offline mode idk Either way i cant change it back And also under control panel - user accounts - there are only admin accounts setup and one called quot user quot Even though her account is named otherwise and i can even find her user files under documents and settings folder so why is there no user account showing there Any help would be appreciated let me know if more info is needed

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login..

Have you tried VNC? RealVNC - Download VNC? Free Edition 4.1
You could then fix mom's computer as well as accessing files. One caveat. Without a VPN it's not secure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-pro-sp3-problem-with-domain-user-login-604029.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there
I have a domain user who has been issued with a new computer. While trying to setup the user account on the new computer we noticed that the user can access her home directory but only on the new computer. On her old computer the user has access as needed.
I have check sharing settings on the server as well as securities settings and the user does have access on both. I even tested an other network share on the same server that I know this user has access to and she can access it without any issues.
Any suggestion as to were I can look for why this isn't working 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8146ed28-3931-4e04-9ef1-926e630b78e1/domain-user-network-share-access-issues?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

I was trying to enable IE11x64 bit browser in windows 8.1x64 bit ent for domain users and i was unable to enable it.
below are the steps i followed to enable IE11x64 bit for domain users:
step 1:

step 2:
It will be 64bit, only when this feature is checked, otherwise IE will still use a 32bit process.
closed the borwser and opend the browser again but i checked in process.exe

Tabs are displayed in 32 bit.

can anybody help me with this issue.
i want 64 bit tabs to be opened instead of 32 bit

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/53107-how-enable-ie11-x64-browser-windows-8-1-domain-user.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi,

I work in a school with a CC3 (RM) network basically modified windows xp and 2000, i have joined a standard windows xp machine to the domain and added a user on the domain local admins group, however when this user logs in they can see the c drive and access other usually restricted parts of windows what they can not do is change the screen resolutions or right click on the task bar.

what would cause this to happen? my understanding is that once the user is in the local admin group they should have full access to everything on that laptop and rm will not supplt support because they do not support standard windows.

there is no way to block this kind of use from active directory is there ??