Windows Support Forum

Win XP home installation error: "Setup cannot find harddrive"

Q: Win XP home installation error: "Setup cannot find harddrive"

I just tried to reformat and install windows XP home edition and upon coming to the screen of quot Repair quot or quot Install fresh copy quot I received an error reporting Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue harddrive" XP error: installation "Setup Win cannot home find To quit setup press F I have no idea why it would be saying this I m using the same computer now seconds later than when I was trying to install windows Currently I m using Windows Professional x this is the reason I want home I hate not having any drivers for webcams printers and the like Asus A V-Deluxe motherboard and the harddrive in question is a Western Digital gb rpm mb buffer SATA drive Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win XP home installation error: "Setup cannot find harddrive"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win XP home installation error: "Setup cannot find harddrive"

A friend of mine is also running a 64bit system, we tried to install xp pro on it and it was extremely unstable. It now has xp64 on it and it runs fine. As for the drivers u mentioned, its just a matter of time. The industry will hopefully catch up soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-home-installation-error-setup-cannot-find-harddrive.34185/
Relevancy 110.51%

Hi,

I am trying to resolve a "Setup did not find any hard drives" error while installing Windows XP on my HP Pavilion dv9000 with an AMD Turion 64x2. I am following the information on this site:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...d-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/

The problem I'm having is that I cannot figure out where to find the correct RAID/SATA Drives for my laptop. If somebody knows where to find the appropriate *.inf files I would appriciate it. Thanks

Relevancy 104.06%

Hi I've repeatedly attempted this but always get driver "An installation V550 occurred error setup" Epson during An error occurred during setup Restart your computer Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" then run setup again This is an all too typical message you can find associated with many Epson products I've tried Clean boot Safe mode install enabled Using an Epson removal tool I finally obtained after my th chat with Epson An Epson fix deleting temp folder and looking for setup Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" exe that never appeared On my th chat I was advised to consult Microsoft Manually removing all Epson folders and registry entries I can find Disabling firewall and AV The same CD installed ok on my year-old laptop both run Windows x I've found a couple of other fixes found by someone looking at the log file I've run SFC Scannow - ok At best the scanner is recognised as being connected when plugged in and appears with a yellow trangle under 'Other Devices' in Device Manager Any ideas welcome - I'd like to use my new scanner Thanks

A:Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup"

Hi, I've found a solution, albeit a tad obscure. Short story:
1. Install the driver normally, noting it fails, and the device is recognised when plugged in and appears in Device Manager under 'Other devices' with a yellow triangle.
2. There right click the device, update driver and browse to the CD used to install the driver initially, and to the driver folder.
Let the update run.

The scanner should now be installed.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=2&auth=1

which offers another approach too.

There are quite a few reports of Epson driver installations (various devices) failing with this message. Epson chat eventually referred me to Microsoft.... saying the original message was a Windows error.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42470-epson-v550-driver-installation-error-occurred-during-setup.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Its been a long night trying to install my C All in one printer I managed to install the Scaner but NOT the printer I get that error after installing the drivers I ve tried to check what the log file says no luck Is there anyone out there that can check my log file Thnx x Selected driver installs from section the System Error from find Installation file specified" cannot "The hpoc GPD "The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete inf SetupCopyOEMInf C Windows INF oem inf inf Opened PNF C Windows INF oem inf strings lt src oempath gt inf Failed to Catalog - error ignored inf Error The "The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation system cannot find the file specified inf SetupCopyOEMInf exit x inf Opened PNF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt dvi Selected driver installs from section hpoc GPD NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ndv Infpath C Windows INF oem inf ndv DriverNodeName hpoaioa inf HP NT hpoc GPD NT usbprint hpphotosmart c s ndv DriverStorepath C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf ndv Building driver list from driver node strong name inf Opened PNF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt dvi Selected driver installs from section hpoc GPD NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete ndv Core Device Install inf Opened PNF C Windows INF oem inf strings lt src oempath gt pol Device installation is subject to policy dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL dvi Using exported function ClassInstall in module C Windows system ntprint dll dvi Class installer ntprint dll ClassInstall dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL - exit xe e ndv Installing files dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICEFILES dvi Class installer Enter inf Opened INF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt inf Opened INF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt inf AddReg REG INFO hpoaioa inf line dvi Class installer failed x dvi Error The system cannot find the file specified dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICEFILES - exit x ndv Device install status x ndv Performing device install final cleanup ndv Queueing up error report since device installation failed ndv Core Device Install - exit x dvi DIF DESTROYPRIVATEDATA dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF DESTROYPRIVATEDATA - exit xe e ump Server install process exited with code x ump Plug and Play Service Device Install exit ndv Device Install failed for new device installing NULL driver dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ndv Installing NULL driver dvi Set selected driver complete pol Device installation is subject to policy dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL dvi No class installer for HPPhotosmart C series dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL - exit xe e dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICE dvi No class installer for HPPhotosmart C series dvi Default installer Enter dvi Installing NULL driver dvi Writing common driver property settings dvi Restarting Devices dvi Restart USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB dvi Restarting Devices exit dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICE - exit... Read more

A:"The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation

I've always found this to be one of the most annoying problems you can get.

Try copying the driver files from the CD (or the entire CD) to a folder on your hard drive and install from there. Before you attempt the install make sure the printer is NOT plugged in to the computer - the setup program should prompt you to connect it. I've found this to be a very important step as the drivers won't install properly otherwise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-error-from-installation.775889/
Relevancy 100.62%

I recently downloaded the PC game Sacred 2 via direct2drive - and when executing the Sacred 2 Installer .exe it gives me the error, "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." (I've attached an image of the error to this post) I've downloaded this thing multiple times to make sure the download wasn't corrupted. I have full administrative rights on this OS with the UAC disabled. I've tried running it in compatibility mode, I've tried searching for a download for Windows Installer to reinstall, and I've tried creating an alternate Administrative Profile on this computer and installing it in that account - no dice. I've also scanned for any possible viruses. I'm at wits end. Paid $40 for the game and can't even play it. Any advice, suggestions, or a solution would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

A:Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 error:"This installation package could not be opened.."

Hi -

Are you sure the (.exe) isn't a 32-bit file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-premium-64-bit-sp2-error-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-380362.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi all I am having trouble installing my copy of Vista Home Premium -Bit I ran an evalutation version of Vista Home Premium and then formatted the HDD using an OEM copy of Home Premium I bought I formatted before the trial period had expired and then proceeded to install the OEM copy and the installation ran fine untill it rebooted for about the second time after which the screen displayed Completing installation at which point the progress bar at the bottom froze The DVD stopped spining although I think I could still hear the HDD whirring After half an hour or so I got a blue screen display Installation Error Crash, VISTA "c000021a" Premium Home 32-Bit which said quot STOP ERROR c a NT initial command process system process terminated unexpectedly with status of x x x quot It then began a crash dump and rebooted after several minutes I have since Installed Windows XP Pro which installs fine - no errors and repeated the OEM Vista Installation through the XP OS - but to no avail the same error occurs Now that I am running the Vista Installation through XP each time the error occurs and my PC reboots my BIOS asks me to select VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a" which option to boot - Windows XP or - Windows SETUP The XP option works fine and brings me back into fully functioning XP OS note that I didn t format HDD I installed Vista on the same partitian - all XP files were to be moved to quot windows old quot file after Installation completes according to Vista Installation The Windows SETUP option takes me back into Vista Installation where I recieve the message quot Installation cannot complete as your computer unexpectedly restarted quot or similar verbage I know vista will work on my machine as the Windows Vista Upgrade adviser says my machine is more than capable and the fact that I ran an evaluation copy of Vista Home Premiuim before hand is proof that my machine can take it for those of you wondering why I didn t just purchase a key from windows when the trial period expired instead of buying an OEM copy and then installing that well its because I thought I could get it cheaper via OEM than paying Microsoft s prices online from their site Now I have tried booting from DVD after backing up my files safely on my nd HDD and formatting my st HDD the one with XP OS on it and tried the Vista Installation but the same error occurs I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP withought any drivers installed and I still get the same BSD blue screen display I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP WITH drivers core drivers installed but arguably not the latest drivers as I only used the drivers supplied with my hard ware and I still get the same BSD I have uprgraded my BIOS - but still the same BSD From browsing other forums I have heard that this could either be A a hardware issue B a Graphics Card issue C Memory Issue - something to do with Kernals D a Driver issue more than one of the possible causes may apply - so I ve heard I read that MEMTEST can determine whether memory is to fault however Rookie System Builder I may be - but Advances BIOS manipulator I am not In order to run memtest you must download it from their site www memtest com as either bootable ISO or Binary neither of which I know how to execute in BIOS I also picked up that removing one of my RAM modules can remove the error - quite how reduceing dual channel to one channel can fix the error I don t know - but I will give it a go if alternative methods fail Apparently a SETUP repair could hold the answer Apparently removing the DVD just before the crash could be the answer Microsoft Web site don t seem to offer many answers other than check your drivers ect I know there are about a million and one similar cases to mine but I stress the word similar as they usually refer to Winlogon troubles I have no idea if this is a Csrss exe error or what i dont even know w... Read more

A:VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a"

P.S - If you cant find my PC specs under my user, here they are;

MOBO: ASUS Striker Extreme
CPU: Intel Core 2 DUo E6600
RAM: 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 (2 x 1GB Sticks)
GPU: ASUS EN8800GTX (768mb DDR3)
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 320Gb Sata 7200rpm 16mb cache
PSU: 650W Thermaltake ToughPower
SCRN: Samsung 20" 206BW (wide screen 16:9/16:10)

P.S I also read that another method of fixing the problem could be to turn off caching in BIOS - will this work?

Gormless_Git

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-32-bit-home-premium-installation-crash-error-c000021a.644825/
Relevancy 100.62%

Searched for similar Solved: message strange "cannot + issue page Home find..."error content but couldn t find same problem Symptoms Home page resets itself to Google which seems odd If I click a link I get a popup error message quot Cannot find bc navigate html Make sure the path or Internet address are correct quot Reclick and it goes to the site linked Sometimes get same message with back button Outlook email downloads seem to be running very slow Ran SpyBot and Adaware HJT log below WXP Dell preinstalled Macafee security center cable isp Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Solved: Home page issue + strange "cannot find..."error message Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Solved: Home page issue + strange "cannot find..."error message system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Solved: Home page issue + strange "cannot find..."error message system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM Brmfrmps exe C Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Services Order Notifier Ason exe C WINDOWS system vxcbxaaa exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files DC Series Console Watch exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect DadTray exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com myway R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess ElnIE dll R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe bin deSrcAs dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - - - A- - C WINDOWS system ipv mops dll O - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - ... Read more

A:Solved: Home page issue + strange "cannot find..."error message

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-page-issue-strange-cannot-find-error-message.558596/
Relevancy 100.19%

Upon uninstalling Microsoft Office Home and Student I received a error because the installation was a bit corrupted I guess some files were missing or whatsoever so I used Revo uninstaller if you know what that is to remove any related leftover registry keys and leftover files and folders The job was well done and I decided to reinstall Office Home and Student This is where the problem starts After running the setup I waited for it to finish installing Then right at the end I get a error as seen in this image So Office Home "Error" installation & Student what I did was I went to Regedit and did a simple quot search quot for the registry key shown in the error and I actually found it which was in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE and there on ahead I tried clicking on the key to see the problem and I get a error message popping up saying So after that error I tried right clicking on the key and clicking on permissions to give myself quot full access quot for the key Office Home & Student "Error" installation Turns out this is what happened I get another error saying quot You do not have permission to view the current permission settings for E F FEC but you can make permission changes quot I didn't really know how to make permission changes Office Home & Student "Error" installation especially when I saw nothing in permission changes not one single user and I knew I had to make one except I was hoping you guys to fix the problem in this case I tried deleting the key as well and I got another error saying quot Cannot delete E F FEC Error while deleting key quot So I'm just buried with this burden of the installation because I want to get it through The key's default location is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Installer UserData S- - - Components D FFBA ACD FACF F CCFE DBDA E F FEC I hope someone can help me fix this problem Thank you very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/office-home-and-student-error-installation-527897.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157688

Please post only once. Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157690/
Relevancy 98.47%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/1130.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157688/
Relevancy 97.61%

I have had this problem numerous times in the past where the installation proceeds "cannot installation device." specified" the "during find file the the of then ends with the messages During "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." the installation of the device The system cannot find the file specified and it goes into a detection loop HERE is the solution Windows XP has a bug that it cannot properly detect new hardware by inf "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." files if the RunOnce registry key "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." is missing for the following location HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion This key is often used by installers to execute post-reboot programs but sometimes they accidentally delete this key IMPORTANT This article contains information about modifying the registry Make sure that you understand how to backup and restore the registry in case a problem occurs Please read the linked Microsoft Knowledge Base article prior to editing the registry Go to Start Run and enter quot regedit quot Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion With CurrentVersion Highlighted go to the Edit menu and select New Key Name the key RunOnce leaving everything else about the key alone The RunOnce key should now exist underneath the CurrentVersion key Once the key exists Windows XP stops redetecting the Hardware nbsp

A:"cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-the-file-specified-during-the-installation-of-the-device.235959/
Relevancy 97.18%

Recently I bought this computer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-FAST-PRO-DELL...ZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item3a5544460a
I tried to install XP server pack 2 but this error came up "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation". I am currently following this guide to resolve this issue.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...d-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/
But I am stuck at the driver's part, I am currently on my windows 7 and don't know what driver I am suppose to upload?

A:[URGENT]Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation.892008/
Relevancy 97.18%

Recently I bought this computer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-FAST-PRO-DELL-...item3a5544460a
I tried to install XP server pack 2 but this error came up "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation". I am currently following this guide to resolve this issue.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-installation/
But I am stuck at the driver's part, I am currently on my windows 7 and don't know what driver I am suppose to upload?

A:[URGENT]Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation

Ok Im confused.
Please clarify a thing or two.

According to the site it comes with XP.
Did it?

In your post you state that you are trying to put SP2 on it.
Is this a XP disk that has SP2 built into it?
If it is and you already have XP running you wont need that.

Please clarify and we will get you sorted out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation-449389.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I'm trying to install Windows via Parallels on my Macbook Pro I create a new VM and use the ISO file and get the error quot Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms Make sure the installation sources are valid and terms" the microsoft - cannot Error Parallels 8.1 license software find "Windows Windows Installation restart the installation quot I found this question was answered here nbsp http social technet microsoft "Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms" Windows 8.1 Installation Error - Parallels com Forums windows en-US b d "Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms" Windows 8.1 Installation Error - Parallels - - b b-b b-ad c ecc windows- -enterprise-rtm-installation-error forum w itproinstall However following the steps of the solution did not work for me I created a blank VM and chose Windows After this it asks me to insert the installation disc I cannot figure out how to use the ISO as the source at this point I tried copying and pasting the path to the file and dragging the file to the VM but no luck If there is a way I can install this without this error message or by somehow getting the path to the ISO that'd be perfect

A:"Windows cannot find the microsoft software license terms" Windows 8.1 Installation Error - Parallels

Hi,
According to your description, I would like to confirm if you have unchecked the Express installation box.
Be sure to uncheck 'Express Installation' when installing, otherwise Windows setup will fail with an error "cannot find license terms" and get stuck in a reboot cycle.
I suggest you refer to the following link to use Parallels Desktop to install Windows 8.1.
Using Parallels Desktop to install Windows and the dev tools on your Mac:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj945424.aspx
Regards,Kelvin hsu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a133f3b3-70a7-4798-a6d2-71824d9c584b/quotwindows-cannot-find-the-microsoft-software-license-termsquot-windows-81-installation-error?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 92.45%

I was having problems with my Maple Story, so I un-installed and re-downloaded the program. However, when I tried to open the setup wizard, it gave me the error:

Error reading setup initialization file

I looked online for troubleshooting solutions, and I have so far found two options:

-Re-download because the error could be the result of a failed download that wasn't identified when the file was downloaded.

-Find and delete old files that could be stopping the file from being reaad properly.

I need help with the second solution, as in how I search for those files. Also, any other solutions for this problem would be much appreciated.

A:"Error reading setup initialization file" for Maple Story Setup

test reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-setup-initialization-file-for-maple-story-setup.538652/
Relevancy 92.02%

I just bought a new DVD Burner but figured it wasnt TOO tough to install I am less than skilled at this stuff but the guy at Best Buy basically said it wasnt hard and it could be done no problem So i opened a relatively older about - years tower unscrewed the cd drive i wanted to take out and then slid the new dvd burner in its place plugged in the necessary wires drives did installed any in find hard ??? "Setup not your disk computer..." and i thought i was in business turns out for whatever "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ??? reason i couldnt see the drive when i went to quot my computer quot so i thought that maybe i plugged in the wrong wire i un plugged one plugged in another that was hanging down and then my computer just shut off now i am getting message thats telling me quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot am i dealing strictly with a problem where i have the wrong things plugged in or did i fry my hard drive Any "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ??? help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer..." ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.681329/
Relevancy 92.02%

i get the message "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" when i try to install windows xp on a dell dimension 5150c with a 160G WD SATA drive. the bios detects it fine and the diagnostics indicate that it's okay and norton ghost is able to access it. this post:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18329.html

indicates that i should try setting my sata operation to "combination". i have no such setting in my bios. i have only ahci and ata for this setting. i've tried both with identical results. do i need scsi drivers to install windows? thanks for any help.

A:Get "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

This is one of the most common problems we see here on TechSpot!
What you need to do is press F6 for third-party scsi or raid controller just as the Windows install is starting. You then need to insert your SATA driver disk.
If you do not have one then you will need to go to the Dell website and download the correct one for your PC and put it on to a floppy disk.
This should get all working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.68037/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey all, I just created this account after doing some lurking on here.
I have a problem with a desktop of mine, its and Amd Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 3800+

I know that there are other threads on this problem but they only seem to have solutions for computers that have floppy drives and mine does not.

I'm not very tech savvy at all either so any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

Sounds like a stupid answer,

Have you checked all cables .. I.e SATA and Power are plugged into your HDD? (or IDE and Power)

Poyol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer-441270.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Help Please

Im in big trouble. I was going to format my hard drive of my PC when i discovered that my system did not recognize it. This is really weird because i was using it a year now and it was working fine. The message i get is this "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system".

A:"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system".

You need to have a floppy with the proper driver then press F6 at the beginning of the Windows install process. With the proper drivers, Windows will find your hard drive (probabyl a SATA one) & will allow you to use it as a boot drive.

ps. please use the search function as this topic has been discussed quite a few times.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.59053/
Relevancy 92.02%

I have EMET 5.2 and am trying to update to EMET 5.5.   However, I do not have the original "EMET 5.2 Setup.msi" to perform the uninstall.
Can someone help point me to a working download location for EMET 5.2?

Thanks,
Eli

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4caaa0dd-0787-494e-89bd-369e33efda0c/cannot-find-link-to-quotemet-52-setupmsiquot-for-perform-uninstall?forum=emet
Relevancy 92.02%

Hey guys

Im trying to install some software via usb. Everytime I click and try to begin the process I recieve this error

"Setup Is Unable to Find _setup.dll"

I literally have no idea what to do?

Any advice?

A:installing any software on PC. "Setup Is Unable to Find _setup.dll"

More information would be helpful. We have no idea what program you are trying to install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385294-installing-any-software-pc-setup-unable-find-_setup-dll.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I recently aquired this system Dell PowerEdge SC Intel Xeon GHz x Gb HDD Gb any did not find hard your in installed Solved: computer." disk "Setup drives RAM PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller BIOS LSI Logic Corp HA - Bus Dev PERC SC Standard FW startup says Logical Drives found on the host adapter Logical Drive s handled Solved: "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer." by BIOS This computer previously had Microsoft Small Business Server installed on it but by the time I received it someone had replaced the OS with Ubantu I came in with all guns blazing knowing nothing about RAID SCSI or server systems and went and DBAN d the whole system because there was a lot of useless juck from the previous owners on there and my friend didn t like Ubantu and wanted a simple Windows XP installation I think i have got the HDDs online again after the dban but How do I get Windows XP installed in this bloody computer so that it runs for all intents and purposes like a powerful desktop instead of a server When i run the Windows Setup it asks for rd party drivers for the RAID SCSI I have exhausted my googling abilities trying but I can t find PERC SC RAID controllers with the relevant quot txtsetup oem quot file that Windows Setup is demanding I downloaded the Dell perc sc driver package from support dell com but it doesn t have the txtsetup oem file and Windows Still asks for it Is there a certain array configuration that enables windows to see the drives without the drivers If so details please Please help Regards Chris nbsp

A:Solved: "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer."

If you have the driver files, you should be able to slipstream them to your Windows XP disk.

Download and install nLite (http://www.nliteos.com/download.html). This program allows you to add to your current Windows installation disk such things as Windows updates, Service Packs and hardware drivers (including SATA and SCSI).

The actual usage is pretty self-explanatory. Let us know how it goes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.763905/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi Everybody I'm really in need of some help or advice with my laptop Specs below Acer Aspire Intel i - M GB DDR Intel Graphics It started when I needed to take the computer back to factory default with a fresh install It was going back to Acer to have the charger point fixed charger socket had become loose but still charged when it was held in I used the control panel interface to reinstall windows all was going well until the laptop power died I restarted the laptop and the screen displayed quot setup is starting Services quot a pop up box then appeared with quot the computer restarted unexpectedly or encounterd an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click quot OK quot to restart the computer and then restart installation quot I have searched around the net and found a few threads guides but most require a repair disc or Installation disk I have neither Is there any way of starting the install again for example from Command Prompt Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks Aaron

A:Setup is starting services "loop" No Repair or installation Disk

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at this tutorial: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Also, as you have access to another computer, you can use it to create a system repair disc.

System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/213155-setup-starting-services-loop-no-repair-installation-disk.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi my attempt to install windows today ended in When I boot from the DVD choose the Language and press quot Install quot I get an Error message stating quot A DVD CD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver CD Floppy please insert it now quot Here are my specifications- HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC device missing" "DVD setup installation in drive Win7 drivers - HP technical support Austria - English I have experienced this same problem with Vista x and x "DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup I am trying to clean install Windows bit I put the drivers on a thumb drive and Browse to it when prompts me Funny thing is Windows reads all the other files on the thumb drive like psds flas skps and so on but it just plays stupid to the actual drivers for the motherboard chipset The system rejects XP and I was forced to put Ubuntu on it Ubuntu sucks nothing runs I know all about WINE to get some programs to run but I use the entire Adobe Suite

A:"DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup

Try this:

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Take a look at these posts:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...-problems.html
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/88297-dvd-drive-device-drivers-missing-win7-installation-setup.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Note this is a mirror of "Finishing Setup Q963 After Intel Installation" Windows with 7 Freezes a very similar thread over on Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 the Microsoft forums So I got this Optiplex and figured I could just throw in a hard drive install Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 Windows and everything would be good This has actually been the most frustrating setup I've ever experienced - full details after the break specs Dell Optiplex Intel Core Duo Ghz GB of RAM MM KW Standard Motherboard Intel Q Graphics So like I said before I grabbed a hard drive and threw it in I discovered that I needed to change some settings in the BIOS that had been mucked up by the previous owner reset from a motherboard battery change perhaps by disabling the nonexistent floppy drive and enabling the SATA port that my fancy shmancy SATA hard drive was on Useless details aside I got things to a workable point and proceeded on to install Windows Everything went smoothly - I put the DVD in it asked me where I wanted to put Windows at so I cleared the drive and it got to work It went through all the checkboxes except for the last one and reported that it needed to reboot - still completely normal After a rebooty we got to the quot finishing installation quot phase and the screen blanked out at the point where it loads the graphic drivers to a black screen with no mouse The monitor's quot info quot button revealed that the computer was now outputting x to it which meant it had located the graphic driver Subsequent restarts of the computer would get you past the Windows logo but it would always lock up the computer the second it changed the resolution Safe mode is prohibited by the computer until setup is complete With this in mind I took the hard drive out and put it in a less troublesome computer and ran the setup with no network access After it was done I put the hard drive back in the Dell and to my surprise it started Of course since I had just transplanted the hard drive it went and installed drivers for fifty new things and suggested I restart the machine which I did Once it restarted the same thing happened as before which tells me hopefully I'm on the right tracks here that it is a driver problem Now I have the advantage of being able to use safemode though I booted inito safemode and just uninstalled the graphic drivers they dheidn't look like the generic ones and restarted This time it started hooray Of course the display was in x because we were using the generic driver but everything else was good I downloaded the driver from the Intel website which reads in device manager quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family the stock one read quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM quot After rebooting I discovered that the one from Intel's webpage does the same thing My question is this is there anywhere that I can get a proper working driver for the Intel Q graphics I would like to be able to use the computer outside of safemode Things I have tried Dell BIOS Update - Unsuccessful I'm running Bit Windows and it's one of those Windows based BIOS updates that refuses to run on a Bit version of Windows I was able to bypass this problem on a Lenovo computer by using Active BootDisc and run the installer from in there but I don't get anywhere with this one for some reason Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance - B

A:Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963

Have you tried the Dell support site to see if they have the proper drivers for that PC with Win 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209429-windows-7-setup-freezes-after-finishing-installation-intel-q963.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I am helping out a friend by re-installing Windows 7 on his laptop. Unfortunately the laptop had been infected beyond repair by a virus/malware and would not boot past bios.

When installing Windows 7 x32, I make it to the "Setup is starting..." screen and it does not continue. It is not the disk as I have used the same one to install it on my laptop. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545 with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD space.
Please help!

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Setup is starting..." screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installation-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-screen.987374/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello friends,I was installing win8 at my desktop pc.Suddenly power cut occured and it caused the compute to shut down.Then when I restarted my pc again a messege appeared saying that the installation has been corrupted and it can't be continued and it doesn't log on.After that when I tried to re-install win8 the setup got stuck at the "setup is starting" window.I waited overnight for it to go and the installation to start.But it doesn't happen.I have tried to re-install several times but the same problen happens again and again.So neither I can log into my computer now nor I can re-install windows.I don't know what to do.Friends please help me!

A:Windows 8 installation stucks at"setup is starting" window

So when you started to do a fresh install, you allowed the Win setup to do the format etc, when at setup stage, did you try delete and then recreate the partition?

Try Brink's Tutorial on Clean Install - Windows 8

Hopefully this will help you. A power surge and then sudden issues with hard drives is never a great sign.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42468-windows-8-installation-stucks-setup-starting-window.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I am resetting my windows 7 and there is this message that says "Setup is starting services".I have been waiting for four hours so it can complete but it keeps saying this.I have tried to search the internet for a fix but none of them worked.

A:Windows 7 Laptop installation "Setup is starting services"

Start over using the latest official Win7 installation media for your licensed version provided in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and follow those steps closely to get and keep a perfect install.

This time delete all partitions during the booted install. This is explained in tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/348516-windows-7-laptop-installation-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I've researched this forum's solutions for getting Vista to boot by itself however after downloading EasyBCD I was only able to remove the quot earlier version of windows quot Removal Pro Installation Boot from "XP Vista Screen Setup" option and for some reason I still keep getting quot Microsoft XP Pro Installation quot as well as quot Microsoft Vista Ultimate quot Vista works fine I'm just trying to get the xp install option out of there A little "XP Pro Installation Setup" Removal from Vista Boot Screen backstory might help I had to install Vista in the first place because my xp pro installation crashed i didn't want to go back to home and whenever I tried to install pro again when it got to the partition screen no partitions would ever show up and after - sec I'd get a BSOD "XP Pro Installation Setup" Removal from Vista Boot Screen So i reinstalled xp home went to the bookstore and picked up the update version of vista ultimate I installed Vista and it works great After a month of having to manually select it each time I restart my computer though it's getting rather annoying EasyBCD does not show the xp pro installation option in the bootloader however it's still there whenever i restart Any suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xp-pro-installation-setup-removal-from-vista-boot-screen-192982.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem I have a dell studio laptop with regular specs windows home premium bit recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus Repair installation Setup" on Stuck "Starting Windows Screen-Unabl 7 2 Anyhow so i installed Avast antivirus and run Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair a boot time scan with showed some viruses the problem Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair is that by mistake i put a windows temp file into the antivirus chest After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly I firstly tried the suggested option of windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT the screen says quot Setup is starting quot indefinitely again the same circling cursor The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no - I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS but problem is that my BIOS Phoenix A Does not have many options to change anything that he said I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same No matter what windows copy i use its stuck also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so PLZ HELP

A:Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair

Quote: Originally Posted by harsh93singh09

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem.
I have a dell studio 15 laptop (1555) with regular specs windows 7 home premium 64 bit , recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen , the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus.
Anyhow , so i installed Avast antivirus and run a boot time scan with showed some viruses , the problem is that by mistake i put a windows/temp file into the antivirus chest . After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly.
I firstly tried the suggested option of
1)windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity
2)I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed , the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time.
3)i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT , the screen says "Setup is starting" indefinitely, again the same circling cursor
4)The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no. 2000-0146
I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os
I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS, but problem is that my BIOS(Phoenix A07) Does not have many options to change anything that he said(I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same)
No matter what windows copy i use its stuck!!
also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so

PLZ HELP

The copy of windows (Iso File ) Does not have any problem as it runs on other computers finely

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349522-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-setup-screen-unabl-2-repair.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I'm trying to install Windows XP. I pop in the disk, boot from CD ROM, go thru the part where it scans for stuff until I reach "Press Enter to install Windows XP", then I get the message that says Setup did not find any hard disk drives.

I have a HP Pavilion zd7000

Relevancy 91.59%

I'm trying to install the Windows 8 Preview x64. I've successfully installed it on my old laptop and a Latitude ST from work, but it won't install on my main PC.

I go through the setup wizard as normal; no errors. But, when it comes to the actual installing part, it gets stuck on "Getting files ready for installation (12%)". The computer is not frozen at this point - I still have full control of the mouse, and if I eject the DVD setup complains that it's missing. I've left it for an hour and it doesn't progress past 12%.

Is the 12% significant? Could it be a hardware issue? (my specs should be below)

Thanks for your help.

A:Setup stops at "Getting files ready for installation"

AFAIK the 12% isn't significant. I've found I have better results using a USB. Also, you're ISO may be corrupted. If the USB thing doesn't work, try another ISO.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8441-setup-stops-getting-files-ready-installation.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I am trying to install Windows Ultimate x on my custom build I get through the whole system setup and stall at the quot setup is preparing Installation your for preparing at stall "Setup is first computer use" your computer for first use quot Here are my computer specs AMD FX Black Edition Asus M A LE R GB GSkill Ripjawz DDR MHz EVGA GeForce GTX Installation stall at "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" also tried my old Geforce GT TB Western Digital HDD RPM SATA I've gone into the device manager and tried disabling the graphics card uninstalling the driver and updating the driver none of which did the trick Then I browsed to the system logs and found that the Installation stall at "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" quot online installation quot failed was the last entry in my setup log I've disabled my wireless card with the device manager and will now attempt uninstalling the driver for it I'm at a total loss I've put a ton of time and money into this machine and I've never had any of these problems with any of my previous builds Any advice

A:Installation stall at "Setup is preparing your computer for first use"

Your specs show you already have Window 7 Ultimate installed.
Are you trying a Clean Install or a Repair Install?

Are you following any tutorials on this forum?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/359329-installation-stall-setup-preparing-your-computer-first-use.html
Relevancy 91.59%

MSI K7N2 Delta2 motherboard
512 mb ram
Athlon XP 2700

Bought a new 250 gig seagate SATA 7200.8 hard drive and a win xp home upgrade edition. enabled SATA in BIOS, connected SATA cable to SATA1 on mobo, BIOS didn't recognize the drive, connected to SATA2 and BIOS did recognize drive so I tried to partition and format using Seagate's DiscWizard from floppy. Things seemed to go fine until I got a message that format wasn't completed because of some error.

I went ahead and tried to install from xp cd, loaded SATA drivers from floppy, cd started loading but then hangs up at "setup is starting windows"

I've never used SATA before, and I'm not sure if there is anything else I can check or try. If so please let me know, thanks for any suggestions

Relevancy 90.73%

When I start up my computer regularly it just reboots itself before even getting to any Windows screen So I put in my Windows disks in hopes of running a chkdsk in the recovery system but after I press quot r quot it gives me the quot hard disk not found quot error I can t go into windows at all no safe mode or anything I also haven t messed with the wiring or BIOS settings or anything of the sort Any advice I have quite a bit of data on the hd so I would prefer to not just format but then again it s not letting me do that either The only disks I have are the Windows XP Media Center set up disks If I not did find hard disks" any "Setup need new drivers or something then where could I get them and can I even get them on if no hard disk is being detected I also DON T have a floppy disk drive on this computer Windows XP WD JS SATA GB RPM Pentium D two core ghz Intel Q GFEKR Mainboard Apologies if something like this has been posted already I ve never had to deal with hard drive issues on any PC of mine so this is all new to me I m also not too well versed with checking changing BIOS settings I still have my warranty for this PC but I m hoping for some suggestions first nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

Okay, jumper's in the right spot, thanks to kiwiguy and /\/\r. Abdul. The hard drive is now installed, Now i tried to set up windows, but i have a blue screen again that has "Setup is starting Windows" on it, and I've waited a good 15 minutes for it to change, and still nothing. Thanks for all your guy's help, i really appreciate your putting up with my n00b-ness

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-is-starting-windows-still-there-even-after-installation-of-hdd.374009/
Relevancy 90.73%

I am having a problem with the installation of Win7 on my laptop, currently running Vista. I have tried a Clean install from both a DVD and a Bootable Flash drive, both sit at "setup is starting" any suggestions?
Setup went fine on my desktop machine that was running XP
Thanks

A:Installation stalls at "Setup is starting"

Quote: Originally Posted by seattle

I am having a problem with the installation of Win7 on my laptop, currently running Vista. I have tried a Clean install from both a DVD and a Bootable Flash drive, both sit at "setup is starting" any suggestions?
Setup went fine on my desktop machine that was running XP
Thanks

seaattle

Was the image (iso) the same for the xp machine and vista machine? If not maybe bad image, if so maybe bios setting. could you tell us more abt the install and your system.

TIA

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19455-installation-stalls-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I own a system running windows enterprise and have an administrator account on it I would like user "home" to setup How for users/groups/permissions a folder to setup a quot standard user quot not admin account for a new user I plan to create a folder for the user inside How to setup users/groups/permissions for a user "home" folder of which the user will be allowed to create his own subfolders and files I plan to right click on that folder and quot send it to the desktop quot When the user double clicks that desktop icon he'll be running windows explorer and I don't want him to How to setup users/groups/permissions for a user "home" folder be able to see or do anything using windows explorer outside of his quot home quot folder other than creating or accessing items under it I plan to have that user's home folder be directly under the c drive Questions Is there a better place for it inside of quot my documents quot etc or is under the c drive as good a place as any for these purposes If I put the user's quot home quot folder under the c drive what should the permissions be for which users and which groups on the c drive toplevel itself and on the user's quot home quot folder so the user can do what he wants in or under his home folder can run a few applications located in quot Program Files quot such as Firefox one of the desktop icons I will be installing and in another folder under the c drive where I will place a few exe files he can also run but NOT be able to read write execute or in any way modify the contents of any other folders anywhere under the c drive According to Microsoft quot help quot quot standard users quot can't see files created by administrators But when I tried this with a quot test quot standard user account I created some files logged into my admin account then changed users to the standard user account and there I could not only see the files I had just created as admin but I could even delete them Is the Microsoft statement that standard users can't see admin files wrong or do you think somewhere I've improperly setup some permissions that are allowing this to happen Thanks very much for any help

A:How to setup users/groups/permissions for a user "home" folder

If you do not want a user to have access to certain folders, it is fairly simple to do. For instance, say you do not want a user to see other user's files. With your administrator account, do the following:

1. Click start menu
2. Click My Computer/Computer
3. Open C: (or whatever drive your users folder is in)
4. Open the Users folder
5. Right click your administrator user folder
6. Click Properties
7. Click the Security tab
8. Click Edit
9. (You don't want username John to open this folder ever) Click Add
10. Type in John (or the username you do not want to access the folder) and hit Enter
11. Under the Deny column, put a check in Full Control.
12. Click OK and apply to all folders (you may need to do this in safe mode to apply to every folder since some folders will be in use in normal mode).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204930-how-setup-users-groups-permissions-user-home-folder.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello I have basic knowledge of the command terminal in that I only know how to navigate through directories Currently I am trying to execute the following java jar MRTBatch jar d input directory p parameter directory input parameter file o parameter file directory I have already navigated to the correct directory to make use of the MRTBatch jar tool however the problem arises with my user inputs which are of the form quot C Users My Name Rest of path quot I keep getting the error Command Error: "Cannot "C:\Users\..." find Prompt directory ERROR Command Prompt Error: "Cannot find directory "C:\Users\..." Could not find directory quot C Users My Name quot When navigating directories earlier I always had to go find the file I wanted copy Command Prompt Error: "Cannot find directory "C:\Users\..." its path location paste it into the command terminal and then erase the quot C quot portion so it became cd Users My Name Rest of path for it to work So when I got this error I have tried multiple edits for it to recognize the paths Could it be as simple as switching the direction of the slashes I would have thought the complete path name would always be best Is it because I'm already burrowed down so far that it cant seem to recognize any file further back Here are the directions I am following pg titles quot Automated Batch Processing quot https lpdaac usgs gov sites default files public mrt usermanual pdf My goal is to mosaic a bunch of satellite imagery using the MODIS Reprojection Tool MRT Thank you for the help

A:Command Prompt Error: "Cannot find directory "C:\Users\..."

Web site URLs use the forward slash / while path statements in the OS use the backslash \.

Your problem just may be that it needs to start from the root of the drive or C:\. If it starts at the standard Command Prompt it will already be looking below/inside C:\Users\your name\.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362208-command-prompt-error-cannot-find-directory-c-users.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Dear All,

Pleeeeeeeeeeese help me..i cannot able to install FIFA 2013 GAME in my lap..which windows 7, 32 bit

while clicking installer.exe, it will take to installation process.
but after clinking on install button.

it will show like this .
"the system cannot find the file specified "

PLs guys

A:problem during in fifa 13 installation "the system cannot find the file specified"

Where did you get Fifa 13?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-during-in-fifa-13-installation-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified.1116690/
Relevancy 89.87%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hey guys I m sorry if this has been posted before but I searched and didn t find any sort of problem like the one I m having anywhere on the web So here goes My laptop will not find any networks in the house My tablet my phone other peoples laptops find the network and are able to connect to the home wifi just fine I ve tried almost everything but my laptop will not pick up the wifi signal at all I am not too far away devices network home Other fine. just find "No found." networks from the router as it is in the next room My laptop finds and connects to other wifi networks when they are around without any issue I ve connected an Ethernet cable from the router AND "No networks found." Other devices find home network just fine. the modem directly to the laptop and it connects to the internet perfectly My sister has the exact same router as I do in her home and it picks up the wifi signal fine So I don t think it has to do with the router I ve honestly looked everywhere guys and haven t came across an issue like this please help Little about my laptop It s a Toshiba Satellite L D-S Runs windows Here s the Xirrus wifi inspector photo currently connected by Ethernet cable Command Prompt ipconfig all copy and paste C Users Stay Out gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alberto Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapte Physical Address - -D - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN I-E NIC Physical Address - -D - -D - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - -D - - -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b f fb bc cf f ea eferred IPv Address fd d edc e a f fb bc cf f eaf erred Temporary IPv Address b b c f d f eferred Temporary IPv Address fd d edc e a b c f d f erred Link-local IPv Address fe f fb bc cf f eaf Preferre IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October AM Lease Expires Sunday October AM Default Gateway fe aeff fe f de a DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- - - - -D - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab baf b e c P rred Link-local IPv Address fe baf b e c Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- - - - -D - - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CCDB E - F- -BD A- B CD D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If you need anymore information just let me know nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Hi,

I just downloaded the newest updates for the free AVG anti-virus, etc. (7.1) and ran the scan for my harddrive. For some reason, in the second entry of the scan (which is for the boot sector of drive c, my harddrive), it says there was a reading error:

Object: Boot sector of disc C:
Result: Reading error

...however, there was never any error before I updated to 7.1 (though that could be a coincidence). Before, it would just say:

Object: Boot sector of disc C:
Result: Ok

Why would this be? My computer boots up fine, so what does it mean that there's an error reading the boot sector? And is this something I can/should fix somehow?

I also have ZoneAlarm and am running Windows 98SE.

Any help is appreciated -- thanks!

-- bloomcounty

A:Getting "reading error" of boot sector of harddrive w/ AVG 7.1 virus scan -- ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-reading-error-of-boot-sector-of-harddrive-w-avg-7-1-virus-scan.410422/
Relevancy 88.58%

Dear Tech Support It seems I have got a virus A pretty serious one I was browsing different websites in Firefox about an hour ago when suddently it closes down and multiple maybe hundreds of windows opens on my desktop I close a couple of them but realizes it is useless and perhaps stupid seconds later what appears to be a legit Windows window opens the same type that opens when you plug in a USB drive telling me I have quot harddrive error quot I kind of panic and shut down the computer on the psychical quot power of quot -button Then after some thinking I open the computer in Safe Mode to see what is going on Everything i gone I try to relax with down, shut error". Opens everything "harddrive multiple After windows gone. and figures that it might help to System Restore Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone. back to last Windows Update from the th of April Computer reboots and I log in Almost everything i gone There I see Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone. the Internet Download Manager icon the program i use to catch direct downloads from the internet in the bottom right corner is still there So I open the program and sees some of my previous downloads I don't remember completely but thye seemed old I right click and chooses quot Show in folder quot It opens the folder but before I can see anything it opens hundreds of windows again telling me I got harddrive errors I quickly shut down the computer again Now I am here on my girlfriend's iPad Can someone help me It seems my files some of them at least is still on the computer maybe just hidden by the virus My school stuff is saved on Dropbox but I would love not to lose gb of music and all my other stuff - EDIT I am running Windows not sure which service pack - but I always update my computer when there is an update ASUS X SV quot HD GeForce GT Core i - QM GB RAM GB HDD DVD RW kamera BT W Home

A:Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone.

EDIT: I have Microsoft Security Essentials.

What I was mostly doing WHEN it happened, was browsing reddit while chatting with my friends on facebook. They also linked and directed me rather discusting subreddits (as a joke of course), but the second I got in there and noticed what it was, I closed the tab.

Else I haven't downloaded anything particular the last week. And nothing from untrusted websites; I'm normally pretty careful with downloading.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/opens-multiple-windows-with-harddrive-error-after-shut-down-everything-gone-640116.html
Relevancy 88.58%
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello im unsure where to place this thread. " Disc boot failure, insert system disc and press enter " Is the error i get after i took out an IDE 80GB HDD. The primary boot drive is a OCZ vertex 2 120GB. Somehow my pc will not boot unless the 80GB HDD is in. Im unsure how they are related so could anyone help me out so that i dont need the 80GB HDD to boot up anymore.

A:Taking out IDE harddrive error "Disc boot failure, insert system..."

When you installed the OCZ drive, it sound like you had the 80gb HD connected. So the boot up files got written to the 80 gb HD. Do you have a Win7 install DVD ? If so run startup repair 3 times in a row with the 80gb disconnected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295714-taking-out-ide-harddrive-error-disc-boot-failure-insert-system.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi there-
I am in the process of re-imaging my laptop (Sony VAIO Win XP Home) and at about "66%" complete of Recovery Disk 2, it tells me "Critical Error Abort Retry Ignore Fail". I have no idea waht is going on, as I completed this successfully about 1 month ago. Also, soemtimes it asks me for a "Command line"...but I have no idea what to do. The system was orignally FAT32 with 2 partitions. I am interested in making it 1 partition. Regardless, I can't do anything because now I have nothing!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dr

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-re-imaging-harddrive-critical-error.19200/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I started an upgrade for xp pro part way through the install I got a message "WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe" no found I pressed enter then got another message "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe" ; setup abort!" now each time I reboot it starts to load xp then gives me the same message then press enter it then reboots.
can any body help?

A:problem with xp pro upgrade "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe"

What were you upgrading? Sounds like you need to do a clean install and possibly your cd or your cd drive is shot or just dirty.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-xp-pro-upgrade-fake-setup-call-himself-instead-original-setup-exe.523986/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Everyone I have a very severe issue due to which my Dell Inspiron Laptop is in nbsp dead state since last one month I bought this Laptop in from UK Everything was ok until last month when first windows user login screen took extraordinary time to show up and then when I restarted my Laptop Windows refused to start hangs 1564 is on DELL Windows" Starting Inspiron "Setup Re-installation 7 Windows at giving me following Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows" nbsp error windows failed to start a recent hardware or nbsp software change might be a cause if windows files have been damage or configured incorrectly start up can help diagnosis and fix the problem if power was interpted during start up choose start window normally From Dell Windows Reinstallation DVD which came with the Laptop I made bootable USB as my optical drive does not work to reinstall windows but after quot window is loading files quot screen when I click on Reinstall windows link it stucks there like forever It just shows message quot Setup is Starting Windows quot I have waited for to hours but it does not proceed further Someone please tell me what could be the reason for this Thank in Advance nbsp

A:Windows 7 Re-installation on DELL Inspiron 1564 hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

HAMMI_SAIF,
Try going into the bios by starting the computer and tapping the F2 key. Once in the bios navigate to the Advanced tab and down to SATA Operation. Change the setting to ATA. Save the changes on exit. See if you can then install Windows. If so, you will need to go back in and change this back once Windows is installed.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19993292
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a locally-built system here with COA and product key. I am guessing it was originally loaded with an OEM copy of Windows XP Home; but, I don't know for sure. I don't have the CD. I used to see OEM CDs with no product key for only $10; but, I haven't seen one lately. Anyone know where I can find one for about $10?

Also, what is this and will it help me?
http://www.powerstartpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE=SW-WINXP-kit&REFID=pricewatch

Relevancy 85.14%

Dear Experts,

I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob.
But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35 Gb of System Image in drive F: when i brows the Manage Disc Space option but i cant find it on the same drive. (Plz see attached pic)
Plz help me to locate this and delete the same.

Thanks

A:Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"

Hello sattyaji, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It may still be showing if the system image was created as part of a Windows backup. Using the tutorial below to reset Windows Backup should clear it for you, but you will need to set up your backup again afterwards.

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/284067-cant-find-system-image-36-gb-but-its-shows-manage-disc-space.html
Relevancy 85.14%

This is a resurection of an old unresolved Vista Post and it also happens in Windows Original subject - Start Menu - program search issue I use Windows Mail for my daily email "phot" not - and find Windows similar Desktop but "photo" Search tasks and would like to be able to open the program by using the Windows Desktop Search - find "phot" but not "photo" and similar vista search bar built into the start menu The problem is when i search for quot mai quot it brings up Windows Mail and I can hit enter and load the program However when I search for quot mail quot it returns quot No items match your search quot I have it set to index both the start menu and my programs directory Windows Desktop Search - find "phot" but not "photo" and similar and have even tried to rebuild the index It seems kind of strange that Vista would recognize that when I type quot mai quot I want my mail programs but when I actually type quot mail quot it gets Windows Desktop Search - find "phot" but not "photo" and similar confused and this in turn has -me- confused and Oh thank goodness I've finally found someone else with the same problem The word I have issues with is quot photo quot quot phot quot works great but no results for quot photo quot Not a show-stopper but WHY I've noticed the same thing with Windows Desktop Search in Windows After some experimenting I think I have the reason why but not a fix It seems to em that mail and photo are probably used as quot kind quot prefixes in Windows search and even if you enter photo with out the quot kind quot it must ASSUME quot kind quot I found that if I put photo in quotes it works fine The problem with this solution is knowing which words to treat as quot kind quot prefixes as as far as I can see from the drop down menu photo and mail are not in the drop down option for quot kind quot only E-mail and picture Perhaps a hangover of the original programing Does anyone know of a solution for this

http://www.vistax64.com/software/291146-windows-desktop-search-find-phot-but-not-photo-similar.html
Relevancy 85.14%

i have a dell xps 400 that i needed to format i got it off a friend and i have a windows service pack 3 disk and when i boot the cd up i get to the screen that shows all the drivers being installed and when it gets to "setup is starting
windows" i get this blue screen error.......

***stop: 0x0000007b (0XF7CAF524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

any help would bve much appreciated i am hopeing to get this pc running

A:[SOLVED] "Setup is starting windows" blue screen error

Is this a SATA drive or a EIDE? If it is a SATA drive you may need to enable SATA in the Bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-setup-is-starting-windows-blue-screen-error-404086.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have:

Gigabyte - GA-MA78GM-S2H
AMD - A64 X2 5000+ 2.6 AM2 65n
Western Digital - 320G SATA - HD
Pioneer - DVD/CD writer
Kingston - 2 x 1 DDR2 667

I put everything together and it booted right off the bat. I formatted and partitioned the HD using WD's formatting program.

The board saw my drives as IDE and changed the drives from IDE to AHCI.

After the system shows the "Verifing DMI data pool" message, I get the "NTLDR is missing, Alt-Control-Delete to restart" message.

I looked on the net and found some possible fixes, but none have worked for me. I have set the bios to boot from both the HD and DVD/CD, but get the message either way. Also, this system does not have a floppy drive.

I also do not get a prompt to bood from cd which is what I need to install XP.

Looking for help...

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ntldr-is-missing-error-message-on-new-system-setup.713102/
Relevancy 85.14%

Let me start off my saying I've installed this exact copy of windows 7 before on this computer with no problems and it worked for years. I'm trying to install Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version when I run into this message "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition." So I search and find a solution in these forums (Setup was unable to create a new system partition) I do that but I get stuck on "format fs=ntsf". I'm getting a message error saying "The arguments specified for this command are not valid." What do I do? I googled but found several different answers and didn't fully understand some if them. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Error message of "Setup was unable to create a new system partition"

Your syntax is off:

Commands are

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

If this isn't enough start at the top of Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

If those steps fail then test your hard drive with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by Disk Check done from the installer Command Line on a full disk partition your create.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339605-error-message-setup-unable-create-new-system-partition.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I tried to install Windows XP on a computer (ASROCK K7VM3, Semprom 2.2), but a I get a "blue screen" error message: something related with loading the library KBDES.DLL. And then I only can reset or shut up, and restart the XP setup.
I tried partitioning NTFS, FAT, and it keeps happening.
I had this problem in more than one computer.
Anyboby knows how to solve it?

Thank you for your help,
Jorge.

A:XP Setup "Blue Screen"Error, Can´t install XP

is this a usb keyboard?
try a different ps2 one
here
post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-setup-blue-screen-error-can-t-install-xp-85855.html
Relevancy 84.71%

i have a dell xps 400 that i needed to format i got it off a friend and i have a windows service pack 3 disk and when i boot the cd up i get to the screen that shows all the drivers being installed and when it gets to "setup is starting
windows" i get this blue screen error.......

***stop: 0x0000007b (0XF7CAF524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

any help would bve much appreciated i am hopeing to get this pc running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-is-starting-windows-blue-screen-error.851747/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Just spent the last hours trying to install a fresh Win system create error to was new no unable partition" "setup log on my pc I used Ubuntu before "setup was unable to create new system partition" no error log and "setup was unable to create new system partition" no error log formated the drive from GParted in Ubuntu I'm running into the error quot setup was unable to create a new system partition "setup was unable to create new system partition" no error log or locate an existing system partition quot I have tried Running through this DiskPart lt ENTER gt list disk lt ENTER gt select disk lt ENTER gt clean lt ENTER gt create partition primary align lt ENTER gt format fs ntfs lt ENTER gt Will Take a While assign lt ENTER gt active lt ENTER gt exit lt ENTER gt exit lt ENTER gt Switched to a different ISO to test if the first one was corrupted or something Fiddled with all sorts of USB settings boot settings etc Tried that trick of removing the USB stick and putting it back in before choosing which drive to install on Tried load the ISO to USB with both Windows USB Loader tool and Rufus AND on top of all this I can't access the setuperr log file since I get quot Access Denied quot trying to open it The drive is an SSD with gb capacity that's all I know about it without opening up the whole body I'll be bald if this continous Pulling my hair like an idiot over this Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396823-setup-unable-create-new-system-partition-no-error-log.html
Relevancy 84.71%

quot A Require CD DVD Device Driver is missing If you have a driver floppy CD/DVD Require Device missing" Setup is error Driver "A disc CD DVD or USB please insert it now Note If Setup error "A Require CD/DVD Device Driver is missing" the Windows installation media is in the CD DVD drive you may safely remove it now quot I trying to install a fresh copy of Windows x SP onto a Dell Inspiron laptop with an SSD drive and after I insert my Setup error "A Require CD/DVD Device Driver is missing" CD media into my External CD drive connected via USB since the system has no internal CD Drive I get this after clicking the quot Install Windows quot button I Setup error "A Require CD/DVD Device Driver is missing" have researched the topic fairly and I have found no working solutions to this issue Here are the methods I have tried already After researching the error multiple sites recommended i download the Serial ATA drivers from Dell and browse towards it using the driver finder when the error pops up No Success Switching BIOS settings to support CSM disabling secure boot boot priority etc where applicable No Success I attempted installing from a different source of media aside from a CD and a different External CD drive I also tried install from a USB stick No Success I believe all the USB ports are USB so I can't try from a USB port I've tried adding Intel USB and USB drivers to my Win USB setup using dism but it still doesn't work Is this something that can be fixed or worked around I think it the same issue as this thread as well Error while installing windows and this thread A Required CD DVD Device Driver is missing As mentioned I've tried the suggestion by AddRAM to use dism to add USB support but that doesn't seem to help still says not found If it was my own laptop I'd just leave Windows on here because it works great But the company I work for only really use Windows so it would be great if we could install it on these newer laptops I've read its because they use Intel's new chips Skylake And that has no native USB support

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/386486-setup-error-require-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 84.71%

When I try to install this demo, I get this error a few seconds after launching the setup:
"Error occurred while launching the setup, Remote procedure call failed"
Help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

A:"Error occurred while launching the setup, Remote procedure call failed"

what is this demo of?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-occurred-while-launching-the-setup-remote-procedure-call-failed.1101468/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 84.71%

i am trying to install windows XP sp2. after typing "winnt.exe", it asks for setup files . path is already there so i press enter. but then it comes with error that
"Setup out of Memory. Cannot Continue. Press enter to exit".

any solutions plz. its urgent plz.

A:Xp setu error. "Setup out of memory. cannot continue"

Can you list the complete Specs of this PC? Is this XP sp2 disk an original disc? Are you attempting a repair install or a clean install?
Thanks,
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-setu-error-setup-out-of-memory-cannot-continue-185513.html
Relevancy 84.71%

i have been trying to set up and connect two computers using ad hoc. first i set up a network using a laptop but the pc does not see it as visible network. i tried setting up using the pc but i keep getting the "unexpected error occured" statement.
i've been on it for half a day already trying to figure out what seems to be the problem.
if i can find a solution to this i will be really thankful. please help.

A:ad hoc setup "an unexpected error occured" problem

What operating systems?

Do you mean ad-hoc wireless?

Exactly what steps have you taken on each system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ad-hoc-setup-an-unexpected-error-occured-problem.1137183/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I'm trying to install Microsoft Office 2010 but when it is installing I get the message "Error 1406: setup cannot write the value to the registry key."

I've tried everything to fix it. I've cleaned my registry and uninstalled all traces of Microsoft Office I already had on my computer. Yet I'm still getting this error. After 4 hours of trying to fix it I'm getting pretty confused as what it could be causing this problem.

I am an administrator on this computer, I've trying installing Office as an Admin and that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated. If I get this working, I'll report back!

A:"Error 1406: setup cannot write the value to the registry key" MSO '10

You tried everything?? Wow that's a lot ;-)
So you already did this https://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687/en-us

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317711-error-1406-setup-cannot-write-value-registry-key-mso-10-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm installing 5728 on a freshly formatted HD, and after choosing the partition, I'm informed that "Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine", and the setup won't go any further.I've already installed 5728 from the same media to the same HD, but as an upgrade to 5600, so I know it works. I wanted to try a fresh install, as several of my programs were acting a bit odd.Has anyone else had this problem?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aca4f80e-d3f7-4df9-afe2-34c1d4068068/setup-error-quotcould-not-reinitialize-the-deployment-enginequot?forum=itprovistasetup
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

Im having some trouble upgrading to windows XP pro.
I currently have a not so honest version of WIN xp pro, and I bought a brand new version with SP2. However, during the (recommended) upgrade install, I get the following error:
"cannot read from or write to drive C - disable antivirus and try again".

I have uninstalled norton and looked high and low answers on the net, but, nothing!
Ive also tried installing from boot, but i didnt see an option for an upgrade install, and got scared and left it!

Even MS knowledge base was useless.

Im at a loose end! Please Help!

Thanks, MissK

Relevancy 84.71%

SEE the next POST #2 please...

the problem was: "Setup.exe has stopped working".

I was trying to install new ASUS software for my motherboard using W8x64 Pro. When I attempt to run the Setup.exe file as an Administrator, or by double clicking the Setup.exe file itself, or used the 'RUN' window from the Start Page, I got the following Windows message: "Setup.exe has stopped working"...

At this time, I am at a loss as to what to do....
Have you run into this problem in the past?
Help will be appreciated.

thank you
BFG

A:"SETUP.EXE Has Stopped Working" W8 Error Message

Solved.
a strange solution to my problem was to:

1) uninstall Sound and Audio devices from Device Manager.
2) Install a audio driver file from ASUS and install it.
3) It appears uninstalling devices from the CP\DM did the trick..I don't know why

I install ASUS Audio driver *not the Realtek driver; then ran RUN as an administrator, and slid right thru my problem.

*thank you to fireberd...*

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32272-setup-exe-has-stopped-working-w8-error-message.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I m replacing the hard drive on my computer and decided to error WinXP during stop setup "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" use this opportunity to install WinXP Home onto the newer bigger drive the old hard drive "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" stop error during WinXP setup had Win SE I ve made it past the blue text-mode install process license agreement formatting the NTFS partition copying over files from CD It is during the driver install portion of setup when a BSOD appears with this stop error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x D x x x x I already have the latest BIOS update I ve pulled out the modem card and sound card ran a memory check using memtest- and the problem still occurs if I try WinXP setup again from the beginning I ve even booted from the old hard drive ran the System Compatibility Checker from the XP CD-ROM and also ran SiSoft Sandra Both don t report any hardware problems Any other pointers and suggestions for troubleshooting or advice would be great System specs AOpen AX Pro motherboard Celeron MHz MB PC SDRAM Creative SoundBlaster Live Value Diamond Viper V nVIDIA RIVA TNT AGP x AOpen FM- SM K PCI soft modem Thanks nbsp

A:"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" stop error during WinXP setup

The crash may be caused by faulty ram or device driver error. The system event log and the minidump has the most useful diagnostic information. When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 or 1003 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and 1003 and it has the content of the blue screen.

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description:
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001/1003. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps to a zip file and attach it here. Techspot has an upper limit of 100K per attachment. I will study the dump and find out the culprit. If you can't provide the minidumps, run memtest to stress test the ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver_irql_not_less_or_equal-stop-error-during-winxp-setup.40783/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I have these unwanted icons on my desktop quot Click to find amp Fix errors quot and quot Sportsbook Football quot I don't what type of programs they are but they downloaded themselves without my authorisation and I can't get rid of it I have run Ad-Aware Spybot The Cleaner trial version AVG anti spyware Webroot trial version Windows Defender I think it was Webroot Spy Sweeper or The Cleaner that removed quot Click to find amp Fix errors quot Help fix and "Sportsbook to & find remove "Click Football" errors" but it kept coming back Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Help remove "Click to find & fix errors" and "Sportsbook Football" saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Help remove "Click to find & fix errors" and "Sportsbook Football" system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default Download Directory R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SBCSTray C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NE... Read more

A:Help remove "Click to find & fix errors" and "Sportsbook Football"

Hello
Can anyone help please?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-remove-click-to-find-and-fix-errors-and-sportsbook-football-252067.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Browser IE will frequently redirect to a page with a message quot Sorry we couldn't find quot http www atdmt com quot or other... Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't "atdmt.com" find' or "ad.doubleclick" or Browser quot http ad doubleclick com quot or other various tags though these are most common Web pages will often not load at all or will redirect while reading a webpage without any user action Occasionally it will simply say unable to load quot actual web page trying to visit quot Also oddly - problem seems to occur much more frequently in the morning than evening This makes me wonder if it is a internet provider issue Problem has been occuring over the last - weeks I have followed the Step process to the letter and run DSS after the first four steps The contents of file main txt are listed below and extra txt is attached as a separate file Very much appreciated in advance for your help when you get a chance to review this Main txt --- Browser Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't find' "atdmt.com" or "ad.doubleclick" or other... Deckard's System Scanner v Run by SJL on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Browser Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't find' "atdmt.com" or "ad.doubleclick" or other... Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- Browser Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't find' "atdmt.com" or "ad.doubleclick" or other... - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Installed Microsoft Office Live Meeting - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as SJL exe --------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Garmin gStart exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSS... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/browser-redirects-sorry-couldnt-find-atdmt-com-or-ad-doubleclick-or-other-216943.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm not sure what this is in Windows Update [and this seems to be greyed out itself too], but how is it possible to have no results in Google on this KB that's in Windows Update?

I also clicked on the "more information" for the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but nothing came up there either.

A:A "non-existent" Windows update ("KB3024777") even Google can't find

Also note that it can't be unchecked/deselected.

Edit: It seems this update removes kb3004394 and vanish without a trace (except in History).
Neither seems to be available in the uninstall list afterwards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355004-non-existent-windows-update-kb3024777-even-google-cant-find.html
Relevancy 84.28%

tons of errors "metadata" don't have foggiest ?
Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin  80070490

Computer
michaelsbig-pc.wi.rr.com

-

Security

[
UserID]
S-1-5-18

-

EventData

Prop_ContainerId
{1EFF12B4-6D43-11E5-8256-806E6F6E6963}

HRESULT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44966afd-0055-4266-b5e3-f99ac36f01c6/metadata-error-device-setup-error-event-id-quot131quot?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi - I have a barely used Window 7 pc on which I run only Yahoo messenger and more importantly Proquote ( stock exchange data)

I keep getting the following pop up messages:

Error
Setup was unable to automatically close all applications etc etc before continuing setup etc etc with the options to "Abort, Retry or Ignore" I have tried all 3 options, i have re started the pc but this pop keeps occurring- I don't even know what it;s trying to setup!

related I'M also getting a Setup message saying: " unable to execute file c:/users/wayneoffice/appdata/roaming/compatability verifier/compatabilitycheck.exe create proces failed code 5 "

I generally use a mac - and have no idea how to remove these error messages nor do I even know what they are trying to do! help!

TIA

Wayn0

A:How do I stop "setup " error messages

You might have some malware that luckily is failing its install. I would run Malwarebytes and see if it turns up anything before we start trying to debug this issue. It's free and available for download here:

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware Detection & Removal Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361524-how-do-i-stop-setup-error-messages.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a brother printer that causes a message to popup every time I log on to my XP. It says, "Downloading the MFC configuration information so you can setup your MFC." It has done this for about a year now, but the printer works fine. After that message popsup, another one appears from Micfrsoft: "Remote setup for ZL/FB has encountered an error...send or don't send". I was thinking perhaps I could find out where all the programs start on start up and remove it, but I'm not quite sure how to do it, and not sure if it would even work. Any tips/suggestions/ideas??

I aprreciate the help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-setup-for-zl-fb-error-message.317865/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm getting the following message when I boot XP Pro SP Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file THIS boot error setup on "multiboot" hal.dll IS THE SECOND TIME IN MONTHS hal.dll boot error on "multiboot" setup that I've had this situation I thought I fixed it the last time by formatting the hard drive and reinstalling Win XP I DO NOT want to do this again Even if I fix this I know it will keep happening again and again How do I stop that from happening I've had XP Pro installed on this same machine since and I've NEVER had ANY problems until recently I remember I had some sort of unresolved problem with my hard drive where the system would mix up the drive letters of the five partitions on that drive to where I could no longer startup Windows Up became down black became white human sacrifice dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria Anyway I called a tech to come to my home and his advice was lengthy and complicated ultimately ending with doing drive letter acrobatics for a while in an attempt to backup my data and then wiping the hard drive and reinstalling and it would cost me close to with his help so I figured let me just get a second hard drive instead install XP on the new one and keep the current hard drive the way it is since hey at least I'd save all my data So that's exactly what I did Got a second hard drive installed it installed XP and ever since then I've been greeted with a multiboot screen Please select which operating system to start Microsoft Windows XP Professional -- this is the quot new quot installation on the newer hard drive Microsoft Windows -- this one comes from the old hard drive although the Windows folder is just about empty barely any trace of Windows on those partitions Sidenote Not sure if this is important but the tech said that the reason my original hard drive had those problems with the drive letters was that when I had that older drive installed gig I wanted it partitioned ways and the guy who originally set it up used an incorrect outdated program I forget the name to partition it and that it was only a matter of time before problems manifested themselves Getting back to the topic This entire situation with hal dll started about months after I had to install the new hard drive as a workaround to the problems on my older hard drive and its now happening again also about two months after I fixed my previous hal dll problem THIS IS IMPORTANT I know that reformatting repairing reinstalling XP will work but I know that I'll have the same problem down the road if I don't FIX THE CAUSE of this nightmare Anyone care to comment about my PARTICULAR situation I've read this thread http www techsupportforum com mic hlight hal dll which pointed me to this website http www kellys-korner-xp com xp haldll missing htm that states that hal dll errors are caused by dual boot situations which looks like it might apply in my situation Anyone agree Can anyone tell me anything at this point LOL Marty K

A:hal.dll boot error on "multiboot" setup

From what you said here, you only have a single installation of XP that is in use but your boot.ini file is showing 2 installations. The boot.ini file can sometimes have an effect in causing the error you are getting. Try this to correct your boot.ini file:

Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD.

Press any key to boot from CD message, press a key to start your computer from the CD.

When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.

Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair, typically this will be #1.

Type bootcfg /list to show the current entries in the BOOT.INI file. At this point you may get a message telling you that the boot.ini file does not exist. The next step will correct this error.

Type bootcfg /rebuild to repair it. This will scan your hard dives for installations of Windows XP, 2000 or NT and display the results. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your Windows installations to the boot.ini file.

Those step will be:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
(1) C:\Windows
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
Type y and hit enter
Enter Load Identifier
This is the name of the operating system. When you receive this message, type the name of your operating system, and then press ENTER.
Enter OS Load options
When you receive this message, type /fastdetect, and then press ENTER.

Take out the CD ROM and type exit.

If this does not clear the hal error you can also do the following:

As above, insert and boot from your Windows XP CD.

press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.

When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.

Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair

At the command prompt type: expand d:\i386\hal.dl_ c:\windows\system32\hal.dll. (where d: is the drive letter of your CD and c:\windows is the location for your Windows installation folder.)

If prompted for permission to overwrite an existing version of the hal.dll file select yes.

Once you have expanded the file type "exit" to exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer.

Hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hal-dll-boot-error-on-multiboot-setup-91564.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i am trying to install windows XP sp2. after typing "winnt.exe", it asks for setup files . path is already there so i press enter. but then it comes with error that
"Setup out of Memory. Cannot Continue. Press enter to exit".

any solutions plz. its urgent plz.

A:Xp set up error. "Setup out of memory. cannot continue"

Welcome to TSG....

Windows of any make and model is basically made to run from bootup, you have to go thru bootup to have it run correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-set-up-error-setup-out-of-memory-cannot-continue.632617/
Relevancy 83.42%

ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't last if you shut down. Next session, it still opens "blank"

A:ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't

Welcome to Seven Forums bobbot11. Help us understand. When you 1st open IE, it opens to a blank page instead of your home page? Or is opening new tabs that open a blank tab? Or is opening a new window that opens a blank window?

If IE is opening to a blank page instead of a home page you have set, try re-registering IE.

Download the IE Restorator, and choose Re-register 32 bit IE in (whichever version your OS is) W7

SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

See if that helps. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/263674-ie9-new-browser-opens-blank-windows-7-changing-home-doesnt.html
Relevancy 82.99%

When opening IE get the following error"

error: "cannot find 'file:///c:/program%20files/aol%20toolbar.html"

Solution:
When working in the registry, be sure and backup the key you are going to edit

Use REGEDIT to go to the following Key"
Key_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN

Delete the entry that has "welcome"

A:error: "cannot find 'file:///c:/program%20files/aol%20toolbar.html"

Is the file mentioned in the error message not this instead?

file:///C:/Program%20files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html

I believe that's the case and the registry fix you posted is far too vague for someone to tinker in the registry.

The keys to look for are:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

both with a sub-key called:

"First Home Page" with a value of C:/Program Files/AOL Toolbar/Welcome.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-cannot-find-file-c-program-20files-aol-20toolbar-html.1142956/
Relevancy 82.99%

Greetings all tearing my hair out over this I normally use google-fu to solve stuff but after a WU the specified" error start BITS 0x80246008 file "System cannot won't find few hours I'm still stymied on this one My brother handed me this laptop that he had upgraded to Win probably in the hopes it would magically fix longstanding problems he'd been having with it It's x for the record I'm sure it's had malware infections in the past I don't believe it currently does though--ran Malwarebytes and looked myself in msconfig and I don't see anything untoward But I think a previous malware infestation screwed up the BITS service to the point now where it will not start I didn't notice this until I tried to run Windows update No matter what I do I can't get it to install KB well it won't even download it Windows update fails with quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot Cumulative Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB - Error x quot That's what led me to check the status of the BITS service It's set to Automatic but is stopped When I try to start it I get quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service on Local BITS won't start "System cannot find the file specified" WU error 0x80246008 Computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to service-specific-error code - quot The errors in the system event log are Source Bits-Client Event ID quot The BITS service failed to start Error x quot Source Service Control Manager Event ID quot The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service terminated with the error The system cannot find the file specified quot I've deleted everything under windir softwaredistribution download and datastore run sfc scannow completed sucessfully and identified no issues tried the MS Fixit and looked myself to make sure that qmgr dll exists in windir system I'm guessing a dll isn't registered correctly or a registry entry is screwed up but at this point I don't want to make the problem any worse Most all of the advice I've found for this issue pertains to Win so I'm not even BITS won't start "System cannot find the file specified" WU error 0x80246008 sure how much of it should be followed on Win If any gurus here are willing to help me fix this I'd greatly appreciate it I'm decently computer-savvy so I won't need much hand-holding Thanks very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/bits-wont-start-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-wu-error-0x80246008-1040769.html
Relevancy 82.99%

HI Process start is causing error quot The system cannot find the i specified." IE error cannot file "The is Process.start the system when causing find file specified quot when IE is opened using ShDocvw dll I am having a form with two buttons Process.start is causing error "The system cannot find the file specified." when IE i one to open an html file and the other is to navigate a URL The following code is used to open the html file Private Sub OpenViewer Click ByVal sender As System Object ByVal e As System EventArgs Handles btnOpenViewer Click Dim objProcess As New Process objProcess StartInfo FileName quot c Example html quot objProcess StartInfo Verb quot open quot objProcess StartInfo CreateNoWindow True objProcess Start End Sub the Process.start is causing error "The system cannot find the file specified." when IE i above code is working fine as long as i am using only this button click But in special scenario this is causing Process.start is causing error "The system cannot find the file specified." when IE i error quot The system cannot find the file specified quot I am using ShDocvw dll to open up the IE with a URL the folloing is the code using for that Private Sub OpenIE Click ByVal sender As System Object ByVal e As System EventArgs Handles btnOpenIE Click Dim objBrowser As New SHDocVw InternetExplorer objBrowser Visible True objBrowser Navigate quot URL quot objBrowser Nothing End Sub Once if i click on quot btnOpenIE quot to Open the IE to navigate to a URL After that click on quot btnOpenViewer quot to open the file using process start is causing the error quot The system cannot find the file specified quot The following is the error message and stack trace Message quot The system cannot find the file specified quot StackTrace quot at System Diagnostics Process StartWithShellExecuteEx ProcessStartInfo startInfo at System Diagnostics Process Start at lt Specified Location gt If any body can give the solution it would be greatful to you Thanks in Advance Suresh Babu nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/process-start-is-causing-error-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-when-ie-i.265752/
Relevancy 82.99%

I am trying to install a C++ Redistributable package and am encountering the following error dialog:

I am also encountering a similar dialog when I try to install the latest Silverlight plugin for IE9.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

Can anyone please assist.

Cheers

A:"Unable to find a volume for file extraction" Error Message

I found one fix:

Quote:
Update: I was able to figure out a hack to get through. If I enable the UAC, and then explicitly run each program with admin rights, it asks for permission, then the programs run without a hitch.

So... Since I hate UAC, how do I fix this?

Found here: Installers failing... - Tech Support Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243179-unable-find-volume-file-extraction-error-message.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I am getting this error message when I try to download windows media player 10.

"Error creating process <C:\DOCUME~1\JASON1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\IXP000.TMP\setup_wm.exe /P:C:\Documents and Settings\jason #2\Desktop\mp10setup.exe>. Reason: The system cannot find the path specified."

I am running windows XP, and I already have media player 9. I have already downloaded the file onto my desktop. The error message pops up when I try to open the setup file. Any adivice would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 82.99%

So i am trying to get some perf logs on some of my servers(2008 r2 core). I have read to import data collector sets on core i have to use logman becuase perfmon isnt part of core. I have tried making my own xml files and using premade ones from tools like
PAL. but i always get the error "Error: The system cannot find the file specified. my command is nothing fance "Error: The system cannot find the file specified." logman import newcollector -xml c:\test.xml
Thanks for the input
JustusIV

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9dfed9f5-9823-4b49-b6f2-b340c83b32a4/logman-import-quoterror-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specifiedquot?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 82.99%

I'd like to use Teracopy for all copying etc. but after moving to 7 from xp it's giving me these errors. I have Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

I copy from network drive for which I have read and write permissions as windows' own copy works fine. But with teracopy I immediately get error "Open error: The system cannot find the path specified". I'm trying to copy, not move, a folder with several subfolders from a network drive into local C:\. I have administrator privileges.

It seems that Teracopy somehow doesn't have even read permission for the network drive. Taking ownership of the network drive (samba share) is not possible. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Teracopy: "Open error: The system cannot find the path specified"

If you bought it I'd submit a ticket on TeraCopy support. If not, I'd post on their forum. The author was answering questions when I looked last(which admittedly was awhile ago.)

edit: another idea. Try KillCopy

It's free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/247753-teracopy-open-error-system-cannot-find-path-specified.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Son in law just bought a new toshiba laptop, and he has gotten the error, not sure of code as he shut it off and rebooted and said that works... daughter and I think there is a serious problem... and computer should be returned, he said he had told her about the error and she said OK, but when I saw it tonight he said he had talked to his "tech" friends and they said it was OK .... I don't think that is right. maybe he was just trying to cover his *** as he is headed downrange for a month )army) and the laptop is his only form of contact with his family and entertainment and thought he would be without it if he had to return to factory...

any feedback would be appreciated, only saw last part of error code, saying operating system could not be located.

Thanks,
christine

A:new lap top computer gets start up error "can't find operating system"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-lap-top-computer-gets-start-up-error-cant-find-operating-system.598397/
Relevancy 82.99%

when i restart my comp this message appears.

my comp is a pentium d 3.4 ghz (2core)
win xp home edition
my graphics card is a asus x1300 series.

i tried installing the latest drivers from ati (ati catalist and ati graphics's driver only) and asus, and i always get the same message.
i also get some glitches when playing cs source.

can u guys help me

A:error message "can not find grafic card information"

And that same message is? And the glitches are?
Unplug then reseat your graphics card... While you are at it, write down all the info on the card.
Then go to www.belarc.com, to download and install the latest Belarc Advisor. Then run it to get a report on what it detects.
Now at boot up, check your BIOS to see what it reports for Video Graphics. Also go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager to see what the Device Manager reports as detected... and note whether there aae any yellow or red flags.
Download the drivers from ATI or your computer manufacturer for that detected device, then remove or disable the drives you find, and install the newly downloaded ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-can-not-find-grafic-card-information.77676/
Relevancy 82.99%

I've been trying to install a program on my system, but whenever I do an error message comes up saying that it cannot find w9xsetup.bin. How can I recover this file, or stop this problem? My system is running XP, updated from ME. Thanks for the help.

A:Cannot install program; error message, "cannot find w9xsetup.bin"

What program are you trying to install?

Also, you're running XP ... DO you have Service Pack 2 installed? Are all updates/patches from Microsoft installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-install-program-error-message-cannot-find-w9xsetup-bin-84711.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Whenever I try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, it says that it could not find the file specified and it shows me the error code 0x80070002. I am using Windows 10
Things I've tried so far:
Going into control panel, clicking "Turn Windows Features on or off" Then clicking ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" I've also tried disabling .NET 4.6 Advanced Services
Going through the tutorial on Microsoft.com about the error
Please help, it would be much appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e030d422-944e-4505-a831-6986bf9600ef/quotthe-system-could-not-find-the-file-specifiedquot-error-code-0x80070002?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 82.99%

I don't remember when was the first time I got this error...
I think that was April '11...
Here, to be precise: RPC Virus Virus

I must have spent my time trying to fix it...but got nothing...

So, yesterday...I ran slmgr.vbs and got the same problem....

Code:
CScript Error: Can't find script engine "VBScript"
I tried all of it:
CScript Error: Can't find script engine "VBScript" -alternate solution

Code:
>reg query HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA0
04A55E8}\InprocServer32

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}\InprocServer32
(Default) REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\vbscript.dll
ThreadingModel REG_SZ Both
I have Avira Internet Sec installed...
The register key ain't modified by it..
Please tell if you need further info..
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards

A:Getting CScript Error: Can't find script engine "VBScript".

Let's have a little bit more of a general look at teh system - please post an MGADiag report.

(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into a Code Box in your response.

Please also rune SFC /SCANNOW at an Elevated Command Prompt, and copy the CBS.log to your desktop, zip teh copy, and then attach the zipped file to your reponse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/263992-getting-cscript-error-cant-find-script-engine-vbscript.html
Relevancy 82.99%

MS Office 2007. Access. For business applications, routinely import Excel files into Access using import wizard, and have had no problem - until today. Suddenly, when attempting to import using the wizard, after assigning a table name as the last step of the import wizard sequence and click on "Finish", I get an error message: "Cannot find search key for any record"; after clicking the OK button, second message saying that none of the records have been imported.

I cannot find anything in on-line help related to "search key" for Access. Does anyone have experience with this? Since this has always worked before, is this virus related? Any help much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-2007-error-msg-cannot-find-search-key-for-any-record.992421/