Windows Support Forum

No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon

Q: No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon

Hi all I had to repair Windows XP Home from original disk because of a system error Now choose Showing to Cannot user Names Startup at Welcome No User a logon : Windows when I start Windows on the welcome page it says quot To begin click your user name quot but the right part of the screen where the users normally are is completely blank There are no users to choose from I can run No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon Safe Mode so I have tried the following In safe mode went to Control Panel gt Users gt and added a new user and checked the Administrator password was still the same yes This made no difference and blue logon screen still asked me to choose a user but had no users showing In safe mode Start gt Run quot Control Userpasswords quot and unchecked quot Users must use a password on this computer quot This has now created the error when I boot quot Unable to log you on because of an account restriction quot Then goes back to blue quot To begin click your user name quot but no users Tried repairing Win XP AGAIN but no difference Has anyone seen this problem before I would so appreciate any input Thanks MJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-showing-at-windows-welcome-startup-cannot-choose-a-user-to-logon.703502/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No User Names Showing at Windows Welcome Startup : Cannot choose a user to logon

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 101.05%

I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from scratch 2 days ago. All of a sudden I noticed yesterday evening I have 2 usernames on the logon screen. It normally boots directly into Windows (I turn off requiring password on NETPLWIZ screen). But now it comes up with Invalid User Name and/or Password. After I clear the error, it presents me with 2 usernames to logon with:

Stuart Moroz (this one has no options below where you type the password)
([email protected])

and

Stuart Moroz (this one has 2 options, local or MS Account. This one I think is the one that got added somehow)

How did I end up with 2? and how do I get it to boot directly into Windows again? Thanks for any/all assistance.

A:2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden

Hello Sage, and welcome to Ten Forums.

It sounds like you may not have entered the password correctly when setting up netplwiz to have Windows sign in to the account automatically at startup.

Start over with netplwiz to select the account and enter the password again to see if that may sort this for you.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/18804-2-user-names-logon-screen-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello everyone. I look forward to learning more about Windows 10 and my computer. I was looking at the event log under security and I noticed I have multiple Account Names and Logon Id - see below

Security ID: SYSTEM
Account Name: HENDERSON$
Account Domain: WORKGROUP
Logon ID: 0x3E7

AND

Subject:
Security ID: HENDERSON\Rob
Account Name: Rob
Account Domain: HENDERSON
Logon ID: 0x66EA9E

Does this mean someone else is also logged onto my computer somehow?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/68606-1-user-only-yet-have-multiple-account-names-logon-ids-event-log.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Is it possible to limit the number of icons/users that appear at Win 7 Pro 32 startup/login screen.

I would like to have only the main users account show up rather than all 3 accounts that have administrative privileges on this system ?

Putting it another way...can I have a number of administrative user accounts on one PC but only the 'main' user's login name/password login icon appear on the main startup/login screen ?

Thanks...TRinAZ

A:Keep only one user on Win7 startup/logon screen when starting Windows

Hello trinaz.

I have to ask. Why?

If you only have 1 user account displayed, then you can't log into the other accounts, which begs the question why you don't just delete them (during deletion, you can opt to save files that are stored in them).

If you do not want people accessing the Admin accounts, give them passwords and/or change them to limited accounts. Or you could always delete them.

I do not belive this can be done through normal means, meaning without installing some kind of customization software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224441-keep-only-one-user-win7-startup-logon-screen-when-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. It was fine until I decided to change my account to a microsoft account. After logging out and restarting, I could not see my user on the log on screen. It still showed up in Control Panel and PC Settings after logging in as another Admin.

To try to fix this I created a new user and was going to copy files into it but this new user didn't show up either.

Is this a Win 8.1 bug or is there something you have to do?

I can always revert to Windows 8 because I backed up my computer before updating but I would not prefer this.

Thanks,
997R8V10

A:User Not Showing Up On Logon Screen

Hello 997R8V10, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Do you have a back arrow at the top left corner to click on to show all users on the sign in screen instead of just the last user?

Signing in to Windows 8

Use the tutorial below to see what details it shows for the affected user account, and post them here to see if it may reveal a cause for it not showing up on the sign in screen.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50990-user-not-showing-up-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Not sure what happened on my son's system running XP Pro, but it locked up when he was using it and when he rebooted, the blue startup screen appears but the 4 user names are no longer shown on the right side of the screen and of course, and you can not access the system anymore now.

I went the Safe Mode, Last Known Good and other options using F-8 but I get to the same point . . . blue welcome screen and no accounts shown. None of the accounst had passwords, simply a MOM, DAD, etc. account for the family members.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

A:No User Names Appear on XP Pro Startup Screen

About all I have is my suggestion here:

http://forums.techguy.org:80/showthread.php?p=2961957#post2961957

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-names-appear-on-xp-pro-startup-screen.400014/
Relevancy 92.88%

I went to setup networking (sharing files with Thomson SpeedTouch TG585
V7 Modem/Router wirelessly) unsuccessfully but now at startup (vista home premium) appear to choose between two users USER and GUEST ? How I login as USER without the prompt to choose ?

Is it really needed two users (and same time the choose user choice) when setup networking (sharing files with Thomson SpeedTouch TG585 V7 Modem/Router wirelessly) ???

Vista may get setup sharing files with Thomson SpeedTouch TG585 V7 Modem/Router wirelessly [vistas:home premium+home basic], thomson sdays yes, well ?

A:but now at startup (vista home premium) appear to choose between two users USER and G

Originally Posted by lse123

I went to setup networking (sharing files with Thomson SpeedTouch TG585
V7 Modem/Router wirelessly) unsuccessfully but now at startup (vista home premium) appear to choose between two users USER and GUEST ? How I login as USER without the prompt to choose ?

Is it really needed two users (and same time the choose user choice) when setup networking (sharing files with Thomson SpeedTouch TG585 V7 Modem/Router wirelessly) ???

Vista may get setup sharing files with Thomson SpeedTouch TG585 V7 Modem/Router wirelessly [vistas:home premium+home basic], thomson sdays yes, well ?

LSe

Guest cant be required to enable sharing with any router. If you disable guest you may have a few problems if guest is the owner of the files you want to share

Ken

Edit: could you tell us more about the newtork setup and files you want to share?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/245077-but-now-startup-vista-home-premium-appear-choose-between-two-users-user-g.html
Relevancy 91.16%

CANT FIND THE DEL BUTTON,,, 

NOT RIGHT PLACE FOR MY WRIGTING,,,:-)

A:1 account, 2 user names, but only 1 user = Big Registry Problem

What is exactly the meaning of this topic? Is it a queestion or a discussion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563705/1-account-2-user-names-but-only-1-user-big-registry-problem/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi guys.

Windows 8 screwed up my old user account so I had to transfer to a new one. Unfortunately that new one was named after my email address for some reason as I logged on as a microsoft account rather than a local one. Hence in my computer its called users/email_000

This is very annoying.

I've read tutorials on this from other versions of windows ie. here : User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name - Windows 7 Forums

However it doesn't work for Windows 8. When I try one of the earliest steps (renaming the user folder itself) I cant do it as its 'open in another program' even though that User is not logged on.

Any workarounds? Ive created another admin local user, to no avail.

Thanks for your help!

A:CHANGING User Account Folder names as well as User Name

Hello Chookyman, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The best method to do this is to create a new user account with the name you want, make it an administrator account type or leave as a standard user, sign out, sign in to the new account, then delete the old account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/11333-changing-user-account-folder-names-well-user-name.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392313-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 88.58%

(reposted from Customization)

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392449-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 88.58%

When I tried to log on to my computer, I'm getting this message saying, the user profile service failed the logon, User profile cannot be loaded. Please someone tell me how I can fix this problem. I tried rebooting my computer but that did not seem to work please help me:( thank you!

A:[SOLVED] I'm getting this message saying the user service failed the logon user profi

I had forgot to mention I have an hp windows 7 laptop!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-getting-this-message-saying-the-user-service-failed-the-logon-user-profi-951817.html
Relevancy 88.58%

an acount on my computer will not load. it says the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded. ive seen other questions like this and they said to make a new acount. i tried that multiple times and it says the same thing for each new acount that i make. the other 4 acounts are fine

A:the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded.

If your newly created accounts can't log on, then it is time to check for something else.

In case there is hard drive corruption, I would check the hard drive. Right click on Drive C and choose Properties, > Tools tab > Check Now. The machine will need to reboot for the check to begin. See if the check reports of any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-proflile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded.1117371/
Relevancy 88.58%

I am running on Windows 7 and I tried creating a new user. Every time I try to logon I get the error message User Logon Service service has failed.

I created the user under standard and admin and still no luck.

I found some answers but these are for corrupt user. I cannot even find my user name under regedit.

thanks

Joy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-created-error-message-user-logon-service-failed.1165290/
Relevancy 87.72%

Before going into Windows XP, no longer displaying all user profiles to select from by clicking.

We can login to our user profiles by typing in login name and password (user profiles exist), but would prefer to select from user profile list.

Thanks.

Relevancy 87.72%

I have two computers my desktop which I am on right now and a User to received when profile I the The Today Service service cannot logon to attempted be faileld my laptop loaded. msg: I Profile User Logon. HP laptop with Windows Home Professional I have two accounts set up on it nbsp One in my name and Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I am Admin and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. nbsp Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account nbsp Last night when we logged off I logged him off first Then attempted to log me off when the message came up quot another user is connected quot nbsp Today when I tried to log in as myself I received quot The User Profile Service service failed the Logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded I can't get in to restore because my Admin password my login failed nbsp I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password nbsp How do I fix this nbsp The way it stands now I can't do anything other than surf nbsp Can't add programs can't uninstall etc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad0180d8-821f-4c8f-af79-29fefe3a8894/today-when-i-attempted-to-logon-to-my-laptop-i-received-msg-the-user-profile-service-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all

I am having problems logging into a windows XP home SP3 pc

There is a lot of history to this problem which I wont go into unless asked

The current situation is that XP is booting to what looks like the normal log on screen.

I have the dark blue bars top and bottom (bottom bar no shutdown icon or usual text)

Centre light blue section with no centre bar or user icons, then only thing on this area is the text "Windows XP" with the window symbol above

The ctrl+alt+del twice don't work but alt+tab revels a windows log on screen with two text boxes (this is not like the NT log on screen)

As soon as I let go of the alt key the screen pops to the back and is obscured again

Any ideas what I can do to fix this
Ibod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-startup-problem-user-icons-missing-from-logon-screen.1044916/
Relevancy 87.29%

I am a lab technician for Microsoft classes at a community college One of our students somehow messed up his hard drive The computer is running Windows Enterprise SP -bit The system has two administrator accounts and one not accounts No profile but user to created able logon User - standard user account I am still able to logon with those accounts and there are SID keys for each of these users in the registry Now when we create a new user the account is created without any problems The user shows up on the logon page and after running the net user command it shows up there as well When I try to logon with the new user I get a message The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded None of the new user accounts show up in the registry The other anomaly that I see is that the Default User folder is missing in each of the Users subdirectory for the three accounts where I have no problems I have read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article and none of the methods apply to my problem I also checked Local Group Policies and the Do not logon users with temporary profiles setting is not configured I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has this problem

A:User accounts created but not able to logon - No user profile

Pixel, welcome to Sevenforums!

Have you tried a system restore yet? select a point before the problem began: System Restore
Try a repair install: Repair Install
Important! Read the warning box in the tutorials just in case they effect the user or your class
Credits: Both tutorials created by Brink

Let me know which of these tutorials you are able to do, and if they correct the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214748-user-accounts-created-but-not-able-logon-no-user-profile.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help. Recently, a few strange things have happened with the PC, which first started when I found I couldn't use the Backup & Recovery software in Windows 7. Whenever I clicked on one of the buttons with a shield, nothing would happen at all. I've looked around and just can't find the solution to this. However, today when trying to fix this, I've come across a new user account in the permissions section. The name is jvactaett - I certainly haven't made this! Does anyone have any ideas how this account has got there, and how I can remove it? It doesn't show in user accounts through Control Panel.

I've put a screenshot as well. To get there, I right clicked a hard drive and went to properties, Security, Add, advanced and then clicked Find Now.

I don't know if the two things above are linked or not...
Thanks!

A:Unknown user showing in user accounts - possibly compromised?

A further observation is that when I do sfc /scannow through cmd, it stops at 59%. Same problem as this post, but didn't follow all the things that were replied as I didn't know if they were relevant to me...

Windows Firewall Service unable to activate, SFC scan unable to work

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/309723-unknown-user-showing-user-accounts-possibly-compromised.html
Relevancy 86%

Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but the Start menu isn't working. I suspect this is because the OS never performs its preparations. Any ideas?

A:Force User Preparation on User Logon

Hi Chekmayte, welcome to Ten Forums. The start menu not working is a known bug that sometimes occurs. You could try using the system file checker command (SFC) to check system file integrity. This is from the tutorial forum. SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . See if that gets your start menu working.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36346-force-user-preparation-user-logon.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I inherited a Dell XP Computer with Vista Operating System from my stepson Pat who could never names, user Privileges, Permissions, an control User Account file Control, Ownership, figure out the machine I seem to have many problems with Vista revolving around User Account Control User Account Control, Privileges, Permissions, Ownership, user names, file control an Privileges Permissions Ownership user names file control and directory structure etc I ve been working around UAC problems but there has to be a User Account Control, Privileges, Permissions, Ownership, user names, file control an way out of this My most recent issue IE has problems fully loading web pages With IE like several programs that I run with this computer I get messages that say I have corrupt files I get object error warnings Chkdsk does not fix problems While shopping for a new car battery with many pages open the computer completely hung up last night I had to kill power and reboot IE did not work I Unloaded and IE would not work also Google Chrome is fine I have internet access I reset all defaults After hours of messing around I discovered the way to start IE is Run as Administrator Then like so many other programs I run I get the screen Windows screen A Program needs your permission to continue When I dumped my old files on this XP computer from my old computer They resided in User Mike W old I had no permissions with this user so I moved all the files to Pat I renamed user administrator Pat to Mike W under the desktop but the user pat did not update under the OS C drive Users Pat and there is no option to rename here Pat was the original administrator Vista is telling me that Vista creates a List of directories under the Administrator including a Desktop Downloads Documents Contact Favorites etc When I open explore right Click off the classic START button The folders display in green What is the significance of the Green colored folders in windows explorer Somehow I ended up creating two desktops in User Mike W The actual desktop has some but not all the files from the yellow folder Desktop in Mike W none from the Green Desktop folder How do I clean this all up I ve been to the help sections of Vista and looked at permissions ownership UAC etc but when I go in to try to change anything in the check boxes they are grayed out I have no place to start Please Help me get some understanding and control of this machine as I am desperate

A:User Account Control, Privileges, Permissions, Ownership, user names, file control an

Hello, did you use the Easy Transfer method ? Transfer files and settings from another computer

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293780-user-account-control-privileges-permissions-ownership-user-names-file-control.html
Relevancy 84.71%

everytime i try to delete another user account on my computer, the program says that it isn't responding...what do i do?

A:can't delete other user names on Windows XP

bucsaa18 said:

everytime i try to delete another user account on my computer, the program says that it isn't responding...what do i do?Click to expand...

Are you in administrator mode? If so, are you using the control panel and System users and passwords? Go there and highlight the user you want to get rid of - then select remove and voila...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-delete-other-user-names-on-windows-xp.264706/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi i've just had my laptop formatted by a shop and it was working fine when i got it back .started it up this morning and it goes to the blue windows screen and says sign in with user name but on the right hand page where user names are usually shown it is just blank. i have tried booting in safe mode and also safe mode back to last good settings but i still get the same windows screen . any ideas on how to get into the pc

A:Windows Start Up No User Names

I've had that happen once...I think I just did a repair install of XP, but there's probably a less severe fix.

Hmmm...try Control/Alt/Delete at the screen and see what happens.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132698/windows-start-up-no-user-names/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I'm setting up w for the first time I find that user accounts are not as easy as W Iset the first user account to the user name my son uses for email he wanted it changed to his name so I screwed User names 8.1 Windows are up in changed it Now when he logs on it is to his name however User names are screwed up in Windows 8.1 the email user name still appears in the upper right side of the page So I went to C users and found that the only user folder present was the one with his email user name It seem that only the log in page has his name and User names are screwed up in Windows 8.1 that is only an alias for the true account his email user name What I was thinking is to create another account with his name with admin privileges and then delete the account with his email user name Then there would be only one account If I had not done other setup tasks I would go back again to factory settings and start over What I eventually want is only one user account with his name and password with automatic log on Bill

A:User names are screwed up in Windows 8.1

Hey Bill,

It sounds like you may have set him up with a Microsoft account on the computer.

For now, use the tutorial below to get detailed information to see what user accounts are on the computer, and post the details here.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

You can use the tutorial below to set Windows to automatically sign in to a user account of your choice at startup.

Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53856-user-names-screwed-up-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Is there a way to restore all the user names, passwords and permissions from back up tape once you've reloaded Windows NT 4.0? Urgent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-nt-4-0-user-names-passwords-restore.133640/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Guys I have Windows XP Pro running on my computer I have two user accounts on this windows One is under quot John quot and other is under quot Homer quot might seem funny but this is for fun I mostly use quot John s quot user account When I go in C Drive and under Documents and Settings I have Windows Pro!!!!!!!! names user (accounts) in XP with Problem both names John and Homer but all the files and things I saved under quot John s quot Problem with user names (accounts) in Windows XP Pro!!!!!!!! account are actually under quot Homer s quot account I haven t used quot Homer quot account for couple of months now so it doesn t have much saved on its Desktop however John s Desktop has lots of stuff saved on Desktop and in other folders Why then all the stuff saved under quot John s quot account shows under quot Homer s quot account in Documents and Settings unch Also anybody know how to change the computer name in Windows XP I have set my computer name on my name but I want to change that to some other name for privacy Any suggestions will be appreciated nbsp

A:Problem with user names (accounts) in Windows XP Pro!!!!!!!!

Change Computer Name

To change your computer name go to:

Start/
"Right Click" My Computer/
Then Click on Properties/
Go to the tab Computer Name/
And For a final step click on Change to change your computer name

I hope that helps (This is my first time to post on this forum) :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-user-names-accounts-in-windows-xp-pro.18566/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have 2 computers both running Windows 10, one of which is brand new.
When I setup the new computer, I signed in using Microsoft account, expecting the new computer to sync the settings from the old one. But instead, the new computer's default settings overwrote existing settings on the old computer, which is just dumb.
Because of some hardware issues, I've had to replace the new computer and setup a new one again. Now I really don't want the same thing happening again. So is there a way to make sure my new Windows 10 only receive settings from the old one?

A:How to choose Windows 10 user account sync priority during setup?

Hi uly, welcome to Ten Forums. If you go to Settings -> accounts -> Sync your settings. Make sure that Sync settings is on as well as all individual sync settings ( right below ) are turned on. Good luck.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36219-how-choose-windows-10-user-account-sync-priority-during-setup.html
Relevancy 82.99%

By Mary Jo Foley.

It?s been a while since Microsoft has shared any new information about its free antimalware offering, Microsoft Security Essentials (codenamed ?Morro?). But the Softies are quietly setting the stage for the product, which is slated to launch before the end of the year.
A quick refresher: MSE is the replacement for Windows Live OneCare and a superset of Windows Defender. Microsoft officials have said it is meant for consumers who are unwilling or unable to pay for security software. A number of Microsoft watchers are expecting the final version of MSE to debut in October, given that it is meant to work on XP, Vista and Windows 7 ? and Windows 7 launches on October 22. More than 400,000 testers have downloaded the test version of MSE, according to Microsoft.

Article link -
Microsoft Security Essentials or Forefront: Which should a Windows user choose? | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com

A:Microsoft Security Essentials or Forefront: Which should a Windows user choose?

Its performance is what counts, and I'd probably go with a commercial app anyway.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/247611-microsoft-security-essentials-forefront-should-windows-user-choose.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Dell computer from Anyways I did something very very dumb yesterday I was on the regedit screen and when I went into one of the HKEY LocalMachine or one of those HKEY folders the quot Classes quot folder got deleted That s when everything kind of messed up Regedit stopped working asked for an quot at way no Help! windows to log-on icon log on! names user present, screen, Only no appropriate program from the list quot to use with it and almost everything stopped so I had to shut the computer down Now when I shut it down and tried to get back on I couldn t get ANYTHING on the logon screen except a dinky little Windows logo with no usernames making it impossible to logon I tried pressing F and F to do something on the DELL screen when I frist turn on Only windows icon at log-on screen, no user names present, no way to log on! Help! the computer but that didn t do anything as there are no options to reset WIndows or anything like that My question is how the heck do I get back to the WIndows logon screen with the usernames back I have so much stuff on my computer that I can t afford to lose Do I need a special CD I need to purchase and is there anyway to get back the users without losing all my stuff Please help Thank you for your Only windows icon at log-on screen, no user names present, no way to log on! Help! time If you can you can post here to help or email me at email protected corny address but who cares nbsp

A:Only windows icon at log-on screen, no user names present, no way to log on! Help!

remember that they is no way I can log on, so I can't use ANY program. I may have royally screwed myself

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-windows-icon-at-log-on-screen-no-user-names-present-no-way-to-log-on-help.602658/
Relevancy 81.7%

When using Microsofts runas command I get an interesting problem Anyone know of a workaround besides the obvious answer of changing our names our user Solved: - in space XP like WIndows Runas Doesn't user naming convention which isn t going to happen no matter how hard I try When I use the runas command on a machine I can run it as administrator I E Runas User OurDomain Administrator notepad exe does not matter what exe I am trying to run I get the command prompt for a password and it then opens once the password Solved: WIndows XP Runas - Doesn't like space in our user names is supplied but if I do - Runas User OurDomain User notepad exe it will not work I Solved: WIndows XP Runas - Doesn't like space in our user names E the persons login is User note the space in the username Solved: WIndows XP Runas - Doesn't like space in our user names the only thing I can see is that runas does NOT like the space because if I make a person called User and then do the runas command it works just fine Anyone know how to get it to recognize the space as a space and NOT as a break in the command nbsp

A:Solved: WIndows XP Runas - Doesn't like space in our user names

put quotes around the /User:OurDomain\User 01854 notepad.exe ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-runas-doesnt-like-space-in-our-user-names.379090/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a HP desktop with Windows Credentials and it won't fill in passwords and User Names in and Will Not In Credential Websites Fill Passwords Windows user names in websites I must tell you I haven't used Windows Credentials in the past because I had an antivirus which Windows Credential Will Not Fill in User Names and Passwords In Websites had a quot Safe quot which kept these things and it worked really well However I was having some real problems setting up a homegroup which has now been solved and one of the things suggested to me by those who were helping me work out this Homegroup problem was to switch my antivirus to Windows Essentials which I did When I uninstalled this other antivirus that had the ID Safe and went with Windows Credentials I found Windows Credentials wouldn't work at all It never fills in the user names and passwords for any website Just as a comparison I have a HP laptop running Win which is now part of my new Homegroup and I never have any trouble with Windows Credentials now or before filling in user names and passwords I'm killer on keeping up with all updates on both my PCs as I think of them like a car to keep a car in shape you need to do regular tune-ups oil changes and other maintenance procedures to keep it running in tiptop condition and the same with my PCs I think you'll find the necessary information on the desktop in the little blue arrow on the side where it says My System lt lt lt

A:Windows Credential Will Not Fill in User Names and Passwords In Websites

I meant Widodws Credential Manager.

And, in my laptop I need to type in the first letter of the user name before the Credential Manager will fill in the rest.

This doesn't happen in Credential Manager in the desktop......I get nothing.

Also, when I go to a new website which needs a user name and password, and I fill these in I get no notice Credential Manager has saved them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-credential-will-not-fill-in-user-names-and-passwords-in-websites-1063026.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have created a batch file file bat to run on every machine to create a batch file file bat to User/Each to User All Menu startup of Copy file Batch (.bat) a launch Copy Batch (.bat) file to startup Menu of All User/Each User a page at windows startup This is the content of file bat echo off echo gt quot C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup file bat Expected result is to copy the file bat to startup of each user profile nbsp However The file bat is not copied to the startup folder on windows after testing However this will work nbsp in file bat echo off echo gt quot C Testing file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Testing file bat I do not have a domain joined network nbsp I need to send the file bat to all staff nbsp I plan to deploy to C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup nbsp Thanks in advance to all nbsp Any nbsp help is appreciated nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee7b7f92-97f6-49f5-8b2f-61599d060a78/copy-batch-bat-file-to-startup-menu-of-all-usereach-user?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 81.7%

I have created a batch file file bat to run on every machine to create a batch file file bat to a launch a page at windows startup This is the content of file bat echo off echo (.bat) User/Each Batch to of Menu file User All startup Copy gt quot C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Users User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Copy Batch (.bat) file to startup Menu of All User/Each User file bat Expected result is to copy the file bat to startup of each user profile nbsp The file bat is not copied to the startup folder on windows However this will work on file bat echo off echo gt quot C Testing file bat echo start http www msn com gt C Testing file bat I do not have a domain joined network nbsp I need to send the file bat to all staff nbsp I plan to deploy to C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup nbsp Thanks in advance to all nbsp Any nbsp help is appreciated nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a5959a4-42c3-44d8-b940-7fad20fc3aa9/copy-batch-bat-file-to-startup-menu-of-all-usereach-user?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 81.27%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 81.27%

my computer is password protected. i only have one user account on it. how can i fix this without losing anything on my laptop?

A:vista-the user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded

Just a thought, did you password the default administrator account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533684/vista-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 81.27%

It is an HP computer that my brother brought over because it wouldn t boot It was giving me a quot bootmgr is compressed quot message So I got my Vista repair disc and uncompressed his drive That got rid of that message but then it was giving me winload exe errors So I fixed that and FINALLY it booted up but when I clicked on his user account to log on I get this error message I have searched for answers I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles a loaded" profile cannot the service Getting message be logon. "user profile user failed section but there isn t an extra one I can boot into safe mode but I get no administrative tools no ability to see the event viewer or manage users idk if this is normal I did a command I found to make the default administrator account active or something like that and now when it boots up there is his user account Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message and an admin user If I click his user to log on I get the error message If I click the admin account it loads but it loads telling me the Vista copy is not genuine Anyone have any idea how to fix this Why is the admin account telling me Vista is not genuine Thank you

A:Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message

I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles section but there isn't an extra oneExtra one? you mean the .bak key?Did you follow this guide?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466518/getting-a-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-message/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello

When I tried to log on to administrator account on vista laptop this morning I got the following error massage "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I did some research and found a potential solution: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

However the problem is that the solution needs a working administrartor account and the only account I'm able to log in is a standard one with no power to change account type or boot into admin safe mode/ do a command prompt whatsoever.

Would anyone happen to have an alternative solution that doesn't require an admin account to fix this?

A:Vista - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Was able to log on in safe mode and follow the registry edit procedure. Thanks anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281202-vista-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I had two user accounts in my WinXP.Recently I removed one of them(none of them were password protected).Now Windows automatically logs on to the only one user that is left.But I saw in my friend's system that it had one user account but it waited for the user to click the account.My friend also has the Guest feature disabled and he also hasn't created a password for the account.Why is this so?

Relevancy 80.84%

I have to select a user upon startup of Windows instead of have just being prompted for a password as per usual of having one user. Same deal when locking. Any ideas?

A:Have to select user upon startup, and after locking. Single User

Hello KillerHonky, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have to select a user's icon at the log on screen, then what other user's icon is displayed to select from if you only have a single user account on the computer?

....or do you mean that you have to enter both the user name and password at log on instead of just the password?

You could use the tutorial below to set Windows 7 to automatically log on to a user account at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194713-have-select-user-upon-startup-after-locking-single-user.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello,

Into OS, Where can I get information about User's logon time to the Windows?

Thanks,
GP.

A:How can i get user's windows logon time?

You can see system up time by entering systeminfo in a dos box.
To be able to see user log on time you have to audit this in "local security settings" and than you can check this in the eventviewer. grtz.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-can-i-get-users-windows-logon-time-432614.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

Just a niggling problem when I log on to any user on Windows XP - every time I log on the Windows folder automatically opens on the desktop.

Is there an easy way of stopping this happening eveytime?

A:Windows XP User Logon query

Usually this is due to some remenants of a virus or ad-ware/spyware you may want to post a copy of a hijack this log and do a full virus scan on your PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-logon-query.492299/
Relevancy 80.41%

I do not want to use a Hotmail.com or any similar MS account to create a Windows 8 account but my own user name and password to logon. How to do it?

A:How to create any user name to logon to the Windows 8?

Control Panel/User accounts create your user account and log on to it at boot up. If you just installing just bypass the setting up of a MS online account just hit next and you'll be presented with option to set up a Admin account.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37513-how-create-any-user-name-logon-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I recently upgraded to windows xp professional from windows me I was not having any problems when I started the pc until after I installed the net framework updates from the windows update site Now when I - windows welcome user xp logon screen start or restart my pc it windows xp welcome screen - user logon starts with the administrator setup instead of the way it had been I need to go to start log off and select switch user windows xp welcome screen - user logon in order for it to switch to the way that it had been prior to the net framework updates I tried going to the control panel and selecting the user account and selecting to change the way users log on or off and both the quot use welcome screen and use fast user switching quot are checked off I am listed as a computer administrator but there is also a user account titled administrator which is also listed as a computer administrator The administrator account is the one that is automatically opening now when I start the pc but I want it to open to the user which is me and that is how it was opening prior to the install of net framework I also tried going to start run control userpasswords on the user accounts I removed the check mark from the box for quot users must enter a password to use this computer quot I then selected okay to the automatically logon box that popped up with my user name I did not enter a password since I never entered or had one to begin with I then clicked on okay I then tried going to control panel user accounts and then to change the way users log on and off and unchecked the box for both quot use the welcome screen quot and quot use fast user switching quot However when I clicked on okay I get a screen that states that quot fast users switching cannot be turned off while multiple users are logged on Make sure all other users are logged off then try again quot Does anyone know how I can get Windows XP to open start that way again without having to always go to start log off and selecting to switch users all the time TIA lnjr nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Restart F8 brings up F2 Set Up or F12 Boot Menu.  Can't find advanced boot options to start in safe mode.

A:User Profile service faied to logon. User profile cannot be loaded

System manufacturer and model?

FWIW

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559644/user-profile-service-faied-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 79.98%

lately when i try to turn on the Guest user ( its my first time to turn on it)
then when i try to log on using guest i encounter a error message?
the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded , i already try to make another user but the message or error is still appearing ,

but my main user is working im just worried about this and i already try some solution here but its not working

im using Windows 7 , thank you in advance !

A:The User Profile Service Failed to Logon User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello John,

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you. User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
If not, then I'd recommend to turn off the Guest account, delete any 501 key below found for the C:\Users\Guest account at the same registry location in the tutorial above, delete the C:\Users\Guest folder, and restart the computer. This will give you a fresh start with the Guest account as if you never turned it on.

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501

or

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501.bak

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223305-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, at windows start i get the message "The User Profile Service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded". There was no known activity last time system was up and running and it was shut down normal.

The desctop(HP) was delivered some years ago with V7 installed, ONE personal userID with admin auth. was created. Then a System repair disc was created.

What is the safest and simplest way(if any) to fix this problem and maintain the user data?(I did see support strings about this problem but they seem very complicated and confusing to me)

1. Shoud I restart system some functional key to get into safe mode or use the System repair disc and then what option?

2. Should I then logon to the default accountID(not known to me), and restore system to older backup point or shoud I try to repair the personal UserId?

Please advice

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be load

Hej Stene, v?lkommen till Seven Forums .

See this tutorial for fix: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334619-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to be User The Service the failed Profile cannot profile loaded User logon. that name Only the main account is accessible All new accounts I create with my account will give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account's folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable to copy files from my main account to the new but inaccessible account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I've been following The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded these instructions from Microsoft Error message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList Apparently there should be two folders with S- - that is followed by a long set of numbers but there is only one It seems that there isn't even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts So that method to resolve this problem doesn't work for me I am running Windows Vista

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Did you try the other 2 methods from that webpage?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-609185.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Recently i have had a few users in our domain unable to logon due to this error To fix the issue nbsp i have been deleting their local profile and then logging back on so they pick up the mandatory profile stored on the server and everything then works fine Server is running server r and workstations are running windows pro nbsp I have just noticed the below error in the event logs on a few of the affected machines Windows cannot copy file C Users lnyberg AppData Local Temp jds tmp to location UNC CM-DC NOCSC Profiles StaffNew V AppData Local Temp jds tmp This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights Profile logon. loaded. Service User profile be User failed the cannot The nbsp DETAIL - Access is denied Is this what could be nbsp causing nbsp the issue with nbsp logging nbsp on I am a bit confused as to why it would be trying to copy a temp file back to the mandatory profile The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. on the server Any ideas would be great Thanks Shane

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/327332a7-1c13-4cae-ae8b-3a48088d621b/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi

On my daughters W7 x86 PC the above message is happening when she tries to logon, the PC was set up with two users, I do noyt know if the other user can logon as she is away and we do not know the password.

What can I do to fix this error, all the fixes I can find require the user to logon, which is not happening.

Any ideas on how I can proceed.

Thanks

Daniel

Hello Daniel, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help with fixing this error. The "In Preparation" section at the top will help to get logged into an administrator account to be able to do the rest of the tutorial. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310351-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to that name Only the administrator account is accessible All new accounts createdwill give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account s folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable Profile logon. The the failed loaded cannot User profile be Service User to copy files from my main account to the new account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I ve been following these instructions from Microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded http support microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded com kb I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList It seems that there isn t even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts

Back to the beginning...what steps did you actually take...to create a new profile?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425494/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I am new here I know absolutely nothing about computers so I wasn t even sure where I should post this cannot the failed Service loaded. profile logon. User User be Profile thread Please help I am desperate Here I will explain what the issue is AND what I tried nbsp to do to fix it But I failed Recently I ve had issues with my computer randomly opening a lot of windows on it s own Yesterday I was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. away and my computer was on and when I came back I saw about new tabs opened and all almost my computer icons seemed to have disappeared I assumed it was just some computer mistake because no way everything go deleted on its own So I restarted it When I restarted it I got the message from the title- quot User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be found quot I don t wanna take User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. it to a quot professional quot to get it fixed because I don t trust any people here in my city- whenever I did that they deleted ALL my files And I have some EXTREMELY important files in this computer that I wish I had saved on USB but I haven t so I definitely can t lose them I just never thought anything will go wrong with this computer as it worked pretty much perfectly So anyway I decided to try to fix it on my own despite that I admittedly know nothing about computers I read that this issue is fairly easy to fix So I found tutorials and forums where people say you should press f and it will take you to quot safe boot quot mode I did this and the first times nothing happened- and third time something did happen but NOT what they said I got options with numbers and letters and third option saying quot enter setup quot Obviously this was Chinese to me but I knew it s not supposed to be that way I saw some people had the similar issue and someone suggested that I press ESC so I did The next thing that happened was that it opened quot ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced mode quot and it had parts- Main Al Tweaker Advanced Monitor Boot Tool All I knew was that from what I read I was supposed to activate quot safe boot quot in order to access computer properly but when I clicked under quot Boot quot I didn t see safe or secure mode anywhere I don t know what to do Please help as I m seriously desperate I will gladly tell you any further info and detail about anything else that I can see on my computer under any of these options I just really need this fixed and I d really appreciate it if anyone was patient enough to tell me what to do step by step Thank you so much in advance

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

You can try to fix with Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot up.It may take two or three tries to start the safe mode.Continue with Safe mode and user the Administrator login.Are you able to get into the computer with Safe mode as the Administrator? **** In this context administrator is the name of a hidden account used in safe mode. Normally you would not have to use this account. It can be used to repair or create user accounts.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158181.0.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I've searched for about a week now and have not found a solution. I followed the suggestions about the corrupt Profile and the .BAK SID, but neither are my situation.

My SID is fine - I did manage to find a temporary fix. If I delete and recreate the user in Active Directory on the server it fixes the problem. The problem is, I have 300 computers and every morning there are at least 10 - 15 users I must do this to. Not an ideal solution.

We bypassed Vista, so we had no idea that this Microsoft bug existed until last week.

Hello ! Welcome to SF !

Check this article from Microsoft run the Fixit and see if that help Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103765-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have literally tried every solution found online and NOTHING seems to work nbsp Our environment Windows server domain controller Windows Pro x bit PC's nbsp Trying to login as a domain user and get the error quot User Profile Service failed the logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded quot nbsp I can only login with the domain Administrator Service User the profile cannot User Profile be loaded. failed logon. account or the local administrator account nbsp We are NOT using Roaming profiles nbsp The application event logs do have event error and event warning see screenshot below What I have tried Microsoft FixIT Tried editing the SID's out of the registry manually per KB http support microsoft com kb Deleted all domain user profiles from machine Removed PC from domain and rejoined Deleted user account from Active Directory and recreated Verified GPO was not configured to quot allow users to logon with temporary profiles quot SFC scannow Fresh install of Windows Pro Live Essentials nbsp was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. never nbsp installed some forums referred to the sqm file fron event ID possible relating to an issue with Live Essentials Google update was never installed nbsp remember seeing it referred to in a forum as well nbsp I am now out of ideas nbsp This has been an ongoing issue for about a month and I am finally admitting defeat nbsp This is my last effort to get help before breaking down and paying the to Microsoft to help resolve it PLEASE HELP Thanks Phillip

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Phillip,

I would like to verify whether the issue only occurs on special Windows 7 computer or on all Windows 7 computers.

I suggest checking the permission of the user profile folders and Default folder. Make sure the users has full control of their profile folders.

Meanwhile, ensure the users are the owner of the C:\Users\theirname\NTUSER.dat. Also, please put NTUSER.dat in the security software exclusion
list for testing.

Please also post in Server Forum to get more assistance.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/threads

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd6f6995-a683-49de-af35-329a09b4a6f1/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey all 

Long time user of bleeping computer - gonna jump on in and join the fun and games!

Anyway I work in a small local computer repair shop and recently we had LOADS of Vista and Windows 7 machines with the error

"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

We can repair the fault changing the profile from temporary profile path and swapped the .bak extension in registry. 

But what the hell is causing it? We have had two machine back in within two weeks of initial repair. We figured windows update at first but its not a given. 

cheers!

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Have you read this Microsoft Support article?

There are similar articles for Vista and XP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511054/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 79.98%

I had the following error:

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

I googled how to fix it. I now can't get to my photos from my other user account. How can I get to them so I can burn them on a DVD and clear up some of my hard drive? I can still see they are there in my Picasa program just can't get to them on desktop now.

Thanks,
Nici

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Use an admin account, go to the account's picture folder you had before, and answer yes if it asks if it should modify security. ( haven't done this in a while so I can't remember the exact wording )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139421/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a very bad problem with my PC. It started yesterday and the vista system repair came up and scanned my computer. When it finished I clicked finish and my PC restarted then it did it again..and again...and again.
Then I went into safe mode and virus scanned everything but came up with nothing. So I restarted my PC and it said The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. So I clicked ok then my user account came up somehow. I clicked it and it took me to desktop except that half of my programs were gone and like nothing worked, all my documents, downloads, pictures were all gone. I can't do anything on that computer, can anyone help please??(I have googled it but none of the solutions work so I want to find an answer specific to my problem)

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Most likely it is loading a temporary profile.

First try a system restore to see if can recover the user profile.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If system restore fails to load while in windows or you get errors, try it from the recovery environment http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html
Here is another solution to try if SR fails to work for you, it shows you how to create a new user account, then log into the new account and copy your old profile over to the new account. This article is for XP but the process is the same for Vista. See "Moving to a new user profile"

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2004/12/15/get-it-done-recover-a-damaged-windows-xp-user-profile/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.856413/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey Guys so this happened to my laptop the other day and I have only got round to fixing it now, I tried a few options like editing the .bak files etc with no luck so I recovered what I could and just deleted the user profile an that seemed to of fixed the issue.

I was just wondering if their is anyway to delete the data off the old user user profile without having to format the hard drive. As its still taking up space on my hard drive even though the profile is deleted.

Many thanks in advance

Damian

Hello Damian, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Since you have already deleted the user account through the Control Panel, you should be able to just delete C:\Users\(user-name) folder for the old user account while logged in the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293696-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 79.98%

windows 7 will not let me log on to my administrator account.  this is my son"s computer. could he have downloaded something that is causing this?  how do i fix it? thanks!

A:the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded

i was able to resolve the problem.  system restore in safe moce,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506576/the-user-profile-service-failed-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 79.98%

i encounter this problem when i try to login my account which is under a domain User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Will the OU in ad will affected this problem Firstly this machine hostname have the cannot loaded service be logon profile User User profile failed not move to Finance OU But i can login my own account my account has move to Finance OU I try my colleague login User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded id as well His user account was also in the Finance OU but he cannot login he get the user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded This is cause by OU or is it the windows issue User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded i have try to rejoin the domain same problem This is a new machine so i believe the registry fix on the profile list does not help at all i User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded try to copy the default folder under user to my usb and then transfer to the new pc same problem as well anyone have any solution to it

A:User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded

You'd need to ask your IT Adminstrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351792-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a Dell laptop that has Windows Vista. Received the below message after I typed in my password for the adminstrator account

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

I went into Safe Mode and was able to get to the desktop of the laptop. I attempted to go to administrative tools to try and add a new user account but I don't see an option for that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Nancy

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Here is the Microsoft support article for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139197/
Relevancy 79.98%

I recently tried working with my Sony VAIO Desktop I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows and ever since I did this I have had a few problems keyboard would disable after the W OS Loaded etc I have been working to remedy this problem and others by Profile Profile loaded the failed be Cannot User Logon- User Service cleaning up the hard drive registry memory etc using AVG Antivirus which I recently installed and its family of products updating drivers to Video Controller and Storage Controller which AVG User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded alerted I needed to update in Device Manager I attempted to update the drivers to the two controllers mentioned above and as windows started to search the internet for solutions after - hours I did not get a response and my screen OS became unresponsive so I had to do a cold boot powered off for cycles - standard I rebooted my system this morning to find that once I logged on User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded I got - quot User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded quot press Ok and it sent me back to the Windows SP logon screen again looping Please provide any knowledge on what to do to remedy this issue Thanks in advance User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded Daveq

A:User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello Daveq, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below should be able to help with this error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379244-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I Just Installed Windows 7 and Want to hide other user accounts on Windows 7 64 and actually Windows Vista so the only Account showing is mine how do I do This, am I right in thinking it has to be done through the registry;HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon, but I do not know how to prceed from this point can some help please

A:Hide User Accounts on Windows 7 Logon

Tto hide additional user accounts on Windows & Logon Use Regedit, also works for VistaHide User Accounts in windows Vista and Windows 7
at Run type regedit
Once in regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
In the left panel, right click on Winlogon and click New and click Key.

Type SpecialAccounts and press Enter
In the left panel, right click on SpecialAccounts and click New and click Key.
Type UserList and press Enter.
In right panel of UserList, right click on a empty area and click New then click DWORD (32bit) Value.

Type in the name of the user account that you want to hide and press Enter.eg: Everyday Account.

In the right panel, right click on the user account name and click Modify.

To hide the user account – Type 0 and click OK. (number zero not the letter)
Whenever you want to use the account just unhide the it by typing 1 instead of zero.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/16378967-8a39-4aef-85e4-d859a71648d3/hide-user-accounts-on-windows-7-logon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a windows 7 that sometimes logon the user automatically. I checked the registry and also the settings that require the user to: Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box (is checked). the computer is win 7 pro 64 and the user is in the admin group.

is this a spyware or security problem?

Thank you

A:Windows 7 sometimes logon the user automatically - Spyware

Hello FM, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Does the user have a password created for it?

Password Hint - Create, Change, and Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325636-windows-7-sometimes-logon-user-automatically-spyware.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I recently changed the logon background screen and also engaged the option to have ctrl-alt-del be displayed at logon. After doing so, my user account image is gone. All I see is a a frame where the user picture should be located. In place of the picture, within the fram, I just see the background image of the logon screen. Does anyone have suggestions to restore my user image?

Thank you in advance!
Dave

A:Windows 7 Logon User Account Image

Try to reset the log-on screen picture with the program you used to change it. Have you tried another user image?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/27189-windows-7-logon-user-account-image.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, I've manage to modify the login screen to where it only shows my name. I would like to move it to the bottom left corner as shown in the picture I just can't figure out how to move it. I love the way it looks without all the other crap and I just click my name to login instead of that ugly icon they had. any help on this would be awesome.

A:Reposition windows 7 logon screen user name

I figured out how to move the user tile list on the logon screen I got to where I want it to be I removed the icon its not just a picture its the actual logon screen I captured it with logon screen capture 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/346411-reposition-windows-7-logon-screen-user-name.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi everyone I'm fairly technical and was a network and tech Director for a few years so have some familiarity with prior Windows versions but Win is On Own Its User Picture Logon Windows Changed 7 a bit new to me I went to login today and my login picture had been changed Looking in Windows Event Viewer under Security I can see it occurred at in the morning I was on another computer at that time Windows 7 User Logon Picture Changed On Its Own and running a utility from Microsoft on the PC in question that just collects system information I was trying to figure out why it changed and reviewing the event logs I don't see the reason only that an account change occurred I replicated it by changing my picture again to another one and the Windows 7 User Logon Picture Changed On Its Own same system event occurred confirming its identity So basically I had a flower as the login picture On its own it changed to a fish I didn't make the change I wasn't even using this machine at that time however a Windows utility from MS was running -- but -- I reran that same utility tonight it's one that just reports system usage and it did not change the picture so I believe that is coincidence So my question is why would Windows change the default logon picture for a user on its own to something else To help with information the utility that MS had me run was the Microsoft Product Support Reports There are also multiple instances on this computer the one where the picture changed on its own of another PC that was running Windows logging into it as a SYSTEM and then logging back out then in and out continuously but not in a pattern that would make me think it was a process My other machines on the network do not have that issue in the log file I checked the McAfee Firewall and it was enabled It has been catching attempts to login to VNC but they've been denied VNC is also disabled I'm a little freaked out about what could have caused this Any thoughts Why would this change on its own Thanks Danielle

A:Windows 7 User Logon Picture Changed On Its Own

Hi Danielle

What firewall and antivirus?

Is it a new install or upgrade?

Any shares on it?

Other users?

Are you logged on as a std user or admin?

Is UAC enabled?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119804-windows-7-user-logon-picture-changed-its-own.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Windows 2003 server local policy keeps loosing the users that I set so that it can be browsed accross the workgroup. I can browse the server from the other pcs in the workgroup only for a few minutes until the policy looses the users all by itself. I cannot find anything that can explain what's going on. BTW - I can browse the other computers from the server with no problem. The local policy on the other computers don't change themselves. TY

A:logon failure: the user has -been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If you see this message the following should be done on the computer containing the shared files:

Download the following and install it

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544

after installation is complete, click on: Start, All Programs, Windows Resource Kit Tools, Command Shell

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-computer.693444/
Relevancy 78.69%

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me

A:Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-this-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute.1084708/
Relevancy 78.69%

I've tried every fix that I can find on the internet to get around this issue. I've identified the problem to be the local policy on the 2003 server that allows incoming access erases the accounts I add after a few minutes, therefore I can no longer access the server from another computer in the workgroup. I can always access any computer from the server. I need help....please. TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange1-logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this.693734/
Relevancy 78.69%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello all This is my first ever post usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need granted not has Logon requested the logon this compute user failure: type been the at to solve this rather annoying problem So here is the low down I have my desktop PC running Windows Ultimate I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP not much on it so it runs ok I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC So Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states quot Richyv-pc is not accessible You might not have perrmission to use this network resource Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read write control I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Richy V

A:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Hi and welcome to TSF see the steps here and check that you have followed them Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-645121.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Can anybody tell me how to reset the user account logon information?
Specifically, When on the Logon Screen ther is information pertaining to the Users Unread Email Information. I have changed to a new email address (because of SPAM) and it still shows "XXX unread mail messages, x programs running" under a Users name. I would like to change so it sees the new email account and reflects accurate number of unread messages. Any suggestions?

Thx

A:Solved: User Account Logon Information Windows XP

Have a look here, it may involve a bit of registry editing, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q304148/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-logon-information-windows-xp.362773/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Guys,

Just attempted to login to my laptop and was faced with this error when entering password.

Any idea how this can be solved ?

Thanks in advance.

Widowmaker

A:windows 7 the user profile service failed the logon

Hi MS suggest some methods here You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon? error message

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-856577.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey im having some problems after i boot my computer with win7 x64. After the usual startup process which is fine, it logs onto my user and the screen just goes all black.. No taskbar, icons or anything. Mouse clicking doesn't work, and only occasionally i can provoke the taskmamager to work with ctrl, alt, del.. But what ever i click there it just sends me back to the black screen.. Its really annoying and ive considered just formating it, but the windows cd i have is only an upgrade version which i cant use as it just says the system is too new.. And i really cant afford a new win 7 cd.. Especially not with the soon release of win8.. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

A:Windows not responding after user logon, desktop non responsive

Can you run in Safe Mode ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225575-windows-not-responding-after-user-logon-desktop-non-responsive.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, logging on to SBS 2008. This only affects 1 user (me!) on 1 computer. I can logon to the same PC as another domain user, logs in within a 2 seconds. I can logon to another machine that I use a lot, instant.
Very little in startup, pretty sure that nothing starts for this user that doesn't start for other users.
So it looks like it's my user profile, rather than DNS, blank screen background or domain policy loading slowly.
I know I can probably solve this by deleting my local profile, but that would mean setting up all my applications again.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Andrew

A:Windows 7 slow logon to domain - only one user, one computer

You may check Event Log and see if there is any error messages. If no errors are found, you can only recreate your user profile. If you do not want to lose the program data, you may try to back up the AppData folder before deleting the problematic profile,
and then replace the same folder of the new created profile with it.Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38599ae3-62d2-406f-8d30-b0b909b60220/windows-7-slow-logon-to-domain-only-one-user-one-computer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,

I'm looking for a possibility to change the highlighting of the users icons at the logon screen of windows 7. It's not easy to see, which user is highlighted. At the Vista logon-screen this was much easyer to perceive. The only information I can find, is how to change the background of the logon screen.

Greets Paka

A:Windows 7 logon screen, customize user highlighting

Welcome to the Seven Forums

They are bitmap (.bmp) in the authui.dll in C:\Windows\System32

See screenshots:
bongo #12219 hoover #12220
test #12222 hoover #12218

1 user #12223

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/320954-windows-7-logon-screen-customize-user-highlighting.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have two win xp sp2 pcs. Both of them are in the same workgroup. I can ping each one from the other. I can access the shared folders of one pc from the other. But the reverse is not true. I cannot access shared folders of the other machine.
I am attaching the error message here.

A:logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

After going through a similar thread I installed windows resource toolkit and entered the command mentioned in that thread. But now I am getting Access Is Denied instead of logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-237417.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hie guys Iwas looking on some postas with regard to this topic and tried to implement the suggestions I followed the suggestion below To resolve this problem on the remote computer select Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt Properties gt Add Users or Groups add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network This fixed the problem on the interim and at The Logon Failure: the user logon requested granted been not type has t I could access my file shares and printers However when I restart the machine or even log off nad log on again the prblem resurfaces and all the user accounts Iand groups i wolud have added to Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt will be removed and the field empty hence I suspect spam the disallow remote access Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t by editing these entries Any ideas on how Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t this can be resolved would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-t-441971.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I have a problem with my windowsc profile When I enter my password I get I message saying The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loaded I have Google how to fix it and the fix seems to be boot into safe mode by pressing f or f but I have tried this and I don't get any menu it just loads to the windows Logon screen So I can't seem to load safe mode is there anything can User not The profile user logon help!! profile the failed be loade else I can try I do still have my windows disk used to install windows onto the PC from around months ago If that can be of any help I still have a lot of data on the PC that is help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade not backed up so I don't want to wipe the internal HDD Is there any way I can copy my files to my external HDD as I really don't want to Lose them My PC is an Acer xc- thank you

A:help!! The user profile failed the logon User profile can not be loade

Hello Blade, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may be able to help you sort this error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376342-help-user-profile-failed-logon-user-profile-can-not-loade.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Vanilla Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows Vista. It has never had a login account or password protection, and is only used in single user mode.

Yesterday, start-ups fine, no password. Today, I'm presented with the user logon widow prompting me for a password, and cannot logon to Vista!

No-one has meddled with the laptop. Don't know if SP1 was automatically downloaded
and installed - whatever the factory defaults were from Dell. I've not seen any references to this kind of issue on Vista, but have heard about a similar thing with NT.

Any suggestions how this could have happened?

Yes - I know I can reset passwords using the NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,

For about a month now, I have had this Widows 7 logon annoyance: Sometimes this annoying glitch occurs which won't allow me to login to my account even though I have entered the password correctly; I have to click the Switch User button and then the 'logged in' account. My laptop is set to stay on when I close the lid; I normally ctrl-alt-del and close the lid. A solution would be most appreciated.

A:Windows 7 logon annoyance requires me to click 'Switch User'

Quote: Originally Posted by kallist0

Hello,

For about a month now, I have had this Widows 7 logon annoyance: Sometimes this annoying glitch occurs which won't allow me to login to my account even though I have entered the password correctly; I have to click the Switch User button and then the 'logged in' account. My laptop is set to stay on when I close the lid; I normally ctrl-alt-del and close the lid. A solution would be most appreciated.

Why are you Ctrl+Alt+Del before you close the lid? Why not just shut the system down when you know you are not going to use it for a period of time?
Why not set it to go into hibernate at the lid closing? Which I never do, I'm a shut down type of person or just leave it running.
Is there only one user account on your notebook? And is it a Admin account or do you have 2 accounts, one Admin and the other a standard user?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/158902-windows-7-logon-annoyance-requires-me-click-switch-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I recently just battled the virus After Black User Removal 7; Virus in Windows Screen After Logon Win Small-NNE trj from the Anti-Phishing Domain Adviser program that was installed without my knowledge Now that it is removed Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal and I am declared virus free by Avast Malwarebyes and Spybot Search and Destroy I started my computer up in normal mode However after logging in it is just black with a white cursor I have two monitors but in case it matters there is only one cursor and it can move to either screen I cannot access crtl alt del for the task manager and it just sits and sits I didn't have the patience Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal to wait more than ten minutes because I know its not supposed to do that Prior to the virus issue it booted in less than thrity seconds all the way to my desktop Oh and the time from log-in to supposed desktop screen is longer than usual but still not more than a minute or two So my question is now is this repairable or did the virus do permanent damage to my pc If it is please please instruct me on how to fix it since it does still run in safe mode I don't think it would help for you to know my model specifications but it is custom so if you need to know a certain part I will tell you instead of just rambling off everything in the case lol Your help is greatly appreciated

A:Black Screen After User Logon in Windows 7; After Virus Removal

So it seems in C:\ProgramData the Anti-Phising program still had a file. After deleting it, and with minor delay my computer loaded my desktop like normal. I think it was like, holding my computer hostage lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247126-black-screen-after-user-logon-windows-7-after-virus-removal.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I have ran into a BIG issue which I am usually familiar with and can resolve but this issue for the last hours has got me the failed The user 64Bit) 7 logon..(Windows profile service in twists all over For your information I am running Windows Ultimate Bit I created a new user account Administrator named TestAccount however when I tried logging in I got the message as seen in the title Windows cannot log you on because The user profile service failed the logon..(Windows 7 64Bit) your profile cannot be loaded Now I have tried EVERYTHING I could think know off and searched off Here is what I have done tried and general notes I tried looking and the profilelist in the registry but the profile does not exist I tried changing the account from Admin to standard but same issue and nothing is ever created in the registry The account is visible in the Control Panel and has a folder under C users I have deleted the account and made several others with different names but problem still persist I have tried booting in safe mode minimal same issue I have made sure that C users default has full permissions for Everyone Another issue while Googling suggested removing a file from AppData under Windows Live lt lt I don't use windows live so don't have this folder file I have restarted count less times Disabled anti-virus avast Ran Anti-Virus and Malware scans I checked the event viewer logs and here is what I got Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded Check that you are connected to the network and that your network is functioning correctly DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed Can anyone shed light on this issue Cheers

A:The user profile service failed the logon..(Windows 7 64Bit)

Hello CriticalError,

By default, a new user account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder and registry entry doesn't get created until the first time you successfully log in to it. This would be why you are not seeing them.

You might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before you had this issue may be able to fix it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333934-user-profile-service-failed-logon-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, This is my first account here. When I boot up my computer, the Windows XP login screen doesn't let me choose a user I want to log in to. It just chooses the Computer Administrator account. Also, in the task manager, in the processes tab, there is a process called OSA9.exe. I am feeling slightly nervous about that process. I have done virus scans,didn't detect anything. Please help me. Thanks.

A:Can't Choose Which User To Log Into

If you look at the Bleeping Computer Startup list, it looks the file that you mentioned is part of MS-Office.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Application which launches common MS Office components to help speed up the launch of Office programs. It's somewhat of a resource hog, and some users claim there's no difference with or without it but it usually isn't required. Note - if you make use of the Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar outside an office program this application will need to be enabled for it to show

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75049/cant-choose-which-user-to-log-into/
Relevancy 76.97%

I cannot logon to my laptop for the 1st time

I am getting a message The User profile service failed to logon

user profile cannot be loaded

Any ideas please

A:Cannot login to Windows system - User profile service failed to logon

If you have a Toshiba SSD drive in your laptop there is a problem in windows 7 that makes impossible to logon to the system when the TOSHIBA Storage Utilities are installed. In that case you have to figure out how to get to the system and uninstall it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89446-Cannot-login-to-Windows-system-User-profile-service-failed-to-logon
Relevancy 76.97%

On my friends laptop when she boots it up it gets 7 screen accounts up log Windows showing in on not User to the log-on screen and instead of having her account there it s just the blank blue background and it doesn t say the Windows bit at the bottom of the screen or have the shut down sleep mode options and the cursor is in the middle of the screen but it s not the normal cursor it s larger and looks like the cursor from older versions of Windows It is also frozen in place and you can t move it And when you close her laptop it stays on instead of going black We ve tried looking it up already but it s either just people having similar problems on other operating systems or people who are only missing some user accounts and can still log in on one We re pretty sure User accounts not showing up in Windows 7 log on screen it can t be a virus because she scans her PC regularly with Avast MalwareBytes SUPERAntiSpyware and Spybot She also has McAfee which came with her PC and when she tried to uninstall it it made her computer bluescreen and then start frequently bluescreening randomly for a while but soon stop nbsp

A:User accounts not showing up in Windows 7 log on screen

Have you tried Safe Mode? Or 'last good configuration'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-not-showing-up-in-windows-7-log-on-screen.1051555/
Relevancy 76.97%

At present my Windows 7 Pro computer boots straight into the Desktop.
I would like to add another user so that when it boots up there is a choice of users to proceed.
I know I can add another user via Control Panel, User Accounts, but not sure what to do then.
Please advise me. Thank you.

A:Need to add another user and choose at boot-up

Hi their really is not anything you really need to do after that unless you want to put a password for each user. you would add a password at the same spot as adding a user Password - Create for a User Account

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/372372-need-add-another-user-choose-boot-up.html
Relevancy 76.54%

in event viewer i get a message, but what is troubling me is that i don't know why is says the username is ---------$ what the heck does the dollar sign mean?
thanks

A:user names

Chances could be that the user name in question has been deleted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-names.653894/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am having an issue where some websites end up deleting my stored user names. If I go and check "save" it does and then through the day it is fine and then a day or 2 later they are gone, this only happens on a few sites

A:Web User names

hi,
what browser are you using and what are your PC specs ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/web-user-names-795954.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have 3 different users set up.

My question concerns the names etc.

So I have one user called abc, which I see at the logon section where you would choose which user you wanted to go under.

However, in other places like when you go into Computer and c:\users I don't see that name abc listed, but it appears as "main".

Any ideas on why this is ?

A:User names

If you change a name, it remains the same in many places.
This is the way the OS works.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291879-user-names.html