Windows Support Forum

Admin profile w/o admin powers

Q: Admin profile w/o admin powers

OK I read the past forums and saw this problem addressed, but never answered.

I believe my Admin profile is messing up, but in an undefinable way.

I recently lost the ability to use most of the after-market programs installed on my cpu. When i try to open them, they ask for serial numbers. However, they do not accept the serial numbers when I type them in. When I try to uninstall them, I noticed I do not have install/uninstall privileges. And most do not show up in add/remove hardware. I also lost access to my Outlook Express mailboxes. And my desktop looks screwy.

I have only one user account: "Administrator," but it seems I've lost my Administrator privileges. System Restore only goes back to the date it occurred.

Is there a way to get full admin access or at least make the cpu recognize the programs it shows on the desktop?

TIA
BMac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-profile-w-o-admin-powers.706552/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin profile w/o admin powers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.15%

i have XP pro and sometime in the last weeks i lost admin power cant get in to regedit cant see hidden files cant use restore powers PC my on admin lost it says i dont have permission i went and did what the link said below to get on the PC as the admin but it tells me the lost admin powers on my PC password is wrong and i never set a password How to log on with the Administrator account http www microsoft com lost admin powers on my PC windowsxp u inaccount mspx on May th i ran Avira Antivirus it found things and i clicked on repair to fix them dont know if one of them took over the admin settings Code Beginning disinfection C WINDOWS system ffxl hmo DETECTION Is the TR Sasfis aihd Trojan WARNING An error has occurred and the file was not deleted ErrorID WARNING The lost admin powers on my PC file could not be deleted NOTE Attempting to perform action using the ARK library NOTE The file was moved to ' fc qua' C Documents and Settings Ken Local Settings Temp tmp DETECTION Is the TR Sasfis aihd Trojan NOTE The file was moved to ' c a a qua' C Documents and Settings Ken Local Settings Temp wVpg exe DETECTION Is the TR FraudPack amgv Trojan NOTE The file was moved to ' c aa ca qua' C Documents and Settings Ken Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE QIFQX V eH af V f R ef Tc b Q F aJ l K cf dP DETECTION Is the TR FraudPack amgv Trojan NOTE The file was moved to ' c a bc qua' C Documents and Settings Ken Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE JWZXCUZJ update exe DETECTION Is the TR Sasfis ahyx Trojan NOTE The file was moved to ' c ea e qua' C System Volume Information restore EF -A DE- -B A- F FD D RP A exe DETECTION Is the TR FraudPack amgv Trojan NOTE The file was moved to ' c aa a qua' C WINDOWS system ffxl hmo DETECTION Is the TR Sasfis aihd Trojan WARNING An error has occurred and the file was not deleted ErrorID WARNING The source file could not be found NOTE Attempting to perform action using the ARK library WARNING Error in ARK library

A:lost admin powers on my PC

Sounds like your still infected. Read the instructions HERE and post the requested logs HERE as this thread shall be closed.. We do not deal with virus infections in this area of the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-admin-powers-on-my-pc-487704.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Ok so my buddy's ancient xp laptop has failing video I logged onto it as an administrator and shared all the users documents I proceeded to another pc in the house running Vista and created an administrator account with the same credentials as the laptop's then copied Admin doing created newly Move to after Missing from profile Files profile mostly I used copy but for a few folders I used the move command over the network the primary users profile folder It took two attempts It failed to connect the first time but succeeded after I returned to the laptop and disabled Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile simple file sharing and gave the laptops administrator's user account I shared the folders from security permissions to all user folders in question I had my friend's Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile girlfriend verify all her pictures were in place on the Vista PC and they were I felt like quot see I do know my stuff quot They aren't computer people and have alot of old failing machines I keep going for them I do this for a living and must have donated a not insignificant amount of time keeping their aging stuff going and I've had a string of having to tell them I simply couldn't make things like HD transcoding and playback run quot any more better quot or that I couldn't software fix failing hardware on their aging collection of machines So I was happy for the successful move My bud's girl ended up staying on the PC's Admin's profile FaceBooking and reminiscing about the irreplaceable pictures that absolutely needed to be saved from the laptop The ones of a recently lost loved one the loss of which they were taking quite hard It was obvious she was happy to still have them and that made me feel good that something finally worked without a hitch This went on for quite awhile until it got late and the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about getting her stuff off that profile and moved to a Limited user account History has taught me again and again the only way to keep my donated time down to a minimum in certain situations is to keep them using limited user accounts So when she went upstairs I created her a user account on the PC which is running Vista with her name and quickly logged onto and off of it making sure the profile's user account's folders were created I logged back onto the Admin account I previously created for the move which matched the credentials of the failing laptop's and navigated to the newly created users desktop folder and copied some stuff from the moved laptop's desktop folder Success At this point my buddy who's been tossing back beers for hours now tells me that it's he understandably so feels like turning in It's not like I'm yet again working for free right I wonder if I was swapping a motor in his car at no charge he would be rushing me out with only a few bolts left to tighten but I understand it seems to him like I'm doing nothing but keeping him from turning in at this point So I say quot give me just another few minutes quot not wanting to drag the move out another day I selected the four remaining folders in the transferred laptop's user's folder and gave them a move command to the newly created limited users Documents folder instead of putting Pictures in pictures and movies in movies music in music like I started to do with the desktop folder Then in the agonizingly slow fashion everything computer related over there always seem to go the transfer window after the UAC move permissions prompts displays that the move is going to take an hour plus but just long enough for him to say quot that's it I got to turn in quot before flashing to zero and seemingly completing successfully Then I notice the source folder still contained a full pictures folder and a music folder so I reselected them and gave them the move command again accepting the uac prompts and a do this for all move and replace for files of same name and... Read more

A:Files Missing after doing Move from Admin profile to newly created profile

You could have summed this up in a lot less words.
Try to recover your files using the free Recuva.
If that fails, try the Free PhotoRec a part of TestDisk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-missing-after-doing-move-from-admin-profile-to-newly-created-profile-740513.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Okay so first of all Hello My Name Is has HELP. Powers Account Guest all NEED Admin Cesar I Run Windows Guest Account has all Admin Powers NEED HELP. I've tried the Local users group method and nothing work LINK http www ezimba com work C ezimba pngI Did add the snap in thing too and it wouldn't let me because it needs admin rights http www ezimba com work C ezimba pngBut here's the thing I'm the only one uses this computer and no one has access to it but me But i feel like it's a virus because every time i turn on my computer this program called Updater exe shows up i click on tasks manager and it shows up with http www ezimba com work C ezimba pngWhen i try to remove it it won't let me it says i need admin powers and just to clearify things my guest account is not at home screen either I've tried Safe mode and nothing I really need help because this Virus or something is really bugging me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576196/guest-account-has-all-admin-powers-need-help/
Relevancy 86.86%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 86.43%

So i have a pretty good understanding of computers i like to change my password often all powers... goof? CMD Prompt of loss admin just to be secure When doing so i change it via CMD prompt because for me this is just the fastest easiest way Well today something went horribly wrong i have no idea what happen All i know is i can no longer log into my administrative account The password has been CMD Prompt goof? loss of all admin powers... changed to something i have no idea what Heres what i did I opened my CMD prompt using my administrator account net user user name domain i used the above command What should of happened next was to prompt me with the option to change my password After which i would of been prompted to verify the password I have done this many times with no issues Today after entering the command shown above quot net user user name domain quot It did not prompt me to change my password I was a little baffled so i decided to go a more direct route Entering safe mode with command prompt under my admin account This is where my nightmare began My password has been changed to what i have no idea was never prompted to change it It changed itself There must of been an error while executing the command So i created a new guest account which has admin powers at all To seek out help to correct this issue Keeping in mind i am now using an account that has no admin powers My attempts to reset the password again via CMD prompt are useless As Access Denied is the only thing ill get from any useful command with this shell of a user profile i now have I do not own the Windows install CD for whatever reason my laptop did not come with any support CD's Im assuming to make people more dependent on spending waaaay too much on tech support

A:CMD Prompt goof? loss of all admin powers...

Do you own this PC and all it's data? Why does it has w7 Enterprise Edition?

I think you will have to contact Dell with the proper credentials for a password reset. It's against forum policy to help with password cracking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325102-cmd-prompt-goof-loss-all-admin-powers.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hi, today i strted cleaning my pc from trojans. so i had to go to safemode to clean proper (still far from it ). okay so i start in safe and i notice there are 2 admins. HP_Admin and just admin. okay was fine, was puzzeld as to why but okay. i made a new admin account and deleated them both. well my pc shuts down on its own.(has been doing it since i got trojan.) and i start up in safe mode to run another scan, and to my surprise there is yet another admin profile. now my quetion is. does windowsXP make a defult admin profile for safemode? and why can i not see it out of safemode. I tried to got to user accounts to deleat it and it is no there. i can only see it at the choose user profile in safemode bootup.

Relevancy 81.27%

I XP as Profile admin Working Not have profiles set up on my PC Two are set up as admin users and one is set up as a limited user The limited user and one admin profile are working correctly however the third profile is giving me problems It will log in with the correct password and appears to load the profile XP Profile Not Working as admin However when you try to open a program it says windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item If I set the same profile to a limited user it will open programs firefox ie etc I have ran the gambit of spyware detectors and found them all to be clean SAS MB Spybot HJT and combofix I did just find this entry in the Event Log which may or may not identify the issue Event Type ErrorEvent Source UserenvEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser Computer Description Windows cannot load the user s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL - Access is denied For more information see Help and Support Center at This seems to indicate that I have a corrupted profile -- http www microsoft com technet support e v amp LCID Any idea of how to find this backup to the profile Anyone concur that this it what seems to be the problem

A:XP Profile Not Working as admin

I also would say that the original profile is corrupt, based on my limited experience.

There is a copy of the ntuser.dat file in C:\Windows\Repair on my system. I suppose that can be used to replace the damaged ntuser.dat file which appears in your personal Docs & Settings.

I think I would backup the profile contents...in case using the new file results in a wipeout.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180233/xp-profile-not-working-as-admin/
Relevancy 81.27%

Yesterday I changed the name of my main (and only) profile. Today I tried logging on with the new name and I can't get in. I can login using my old username but I am no longer an admin, can't access any of my folders, and cannot change anything in the user profiles without admin user/pass. I can't login as admin because I never turned the option on either. I've tried logging on as admin, administrator and default but I can't get any of them to work. Anything I can do?

A:Admin Profile Problems

Yes, System Restore to before you made the change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103543-admin-profile-problems.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

A:How to log in as Admin on a profile set to Limited

Quote: Originally Posted by 211

I have three profiles on my Win7 PC; myself (Administrator), my Wife, and the Kids; both of which are Limited.

Every once in a while one of them needs to ask me to install a program or sometimes I log in to their account to clean up their desktop of shortcuts they dont need.

My question is when I just log in normally I can't just right click on the icons and delete since it says I need admin privvies. Well I am an admin. Why isn't there a dialog box or some way to work within the "Limited" User Account but with elevated admin privledges?

Same goes for installing programs.

As of now I have to log into MY account and temporarily change their user statuses to Administrator, log into their accounts, take care of buisness, log out and back into my account, then remove the Admin rights.

This is just annoying...

When you logon to the " limited " account, the system does not know it is the " almighy " admin logging on ( joking ).
All it knows is a user with limited privileges and valid password has logged on.
Therefore, when the " user " wants to do something that is beyond the privilege restriction, the system will ask for admin permission. Hence the dialog box.

That is how it is supposed to work.
All you have to do is either enter your admin password, or click Continue. Then you can proceed to do what you want to do in that limited account.
You don't need to change their accounts to admin in order to do waht you want to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169612-how-log-admin-profile-set-limited.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Dear all admin Deleted profile I would really appreciate some help with a problem caused by utter stupidity on my part My parents just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows Vista bit and because they are getting on a bit I'd offered to set it up to their liking At Deleted admin profile one point they commented on having to log on every time on start up so I set about changing this To change it to an automatic login I went to the start menu search and typed quot netplwiz quot getting me to the User Account Control There I proceeded in my hurry to make them happy rather than check the automatic login to delete the only login on the computer I then happily rebooted it not realising my mistake until it restarted and asked for a password and then notifying me that no passwords had been found but that I still needed one The situation now is thus - The login page recognises the username but not the correspondent password - It recognises no other users - It requires a password to log in - No password recovery disk was made prior to my brainless actions Is there anything that I can do to solve this I cannot imagine it was that easy to delete the only admin account on the computer by mistake and shutting oneself out complete and irrevokeably Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Paaskonijn

A:Deleted admin profile

Do a system restore to a point before you deleted the account.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235004-deleted-admin-profile.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Help! I was setting up a new Windows NT 4.0 SP5 machine and in my hast have accidentally removed the administrator profile. We are using AutoLogin in the registry and now I can't edit the registry to take AutoLogin off.
Is there a way for me to edit the registry in DOS? Is there any software I can download? All I need to do is remove the autologin and then be able to login as the administrator. I would rather not have to reload the machine from scratch. If I attrib the winnt directory and copy system.dat and user.dat, can I edit on another machine? Please help ASAP if you can..

Thanks,
Shawn Haley
Systems Analyst
Royal Doulton USA

A:Lost Admin Profile - NEED HELP

if the machine is on the network you can use regedt32 to connect to the registry remotely and then remove the autologin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-profile-need-help.44594/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi So my laptop was pretty messed up and i had to reinstal Windows Had a clean laptop for two days then tried to turn it on and got a message saying an error occured and it can't read the hard disk ctr alt del to restart Win7 (admin) on log to Can't profile my this was the reason i had to reinstal I restarted and it booted but now it says it can't log on to my user account which Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 is the only account on this laptop I only get this message and OK button which takes me to log on screen Tried everything like checking for errors - an error occurs and it can't run that Tried system restore - again error Tried to delete create new user account - it does nothing when i click on those options in control panel Tried regedit - the search won't find regedit went to windows Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7 folder found command com but it won't let me use it Oh and in safe mode everytime i access My computer i get a big error saying C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop refears to a location that is unavailable It could be on hard drive on this computer or on network Any thoughts

A:Can't log on to my profile (admin) Win7

Hi
Welcome to Seven Forums
Have a look at this thread from Microsoft Forums - Microsoft Answers
Noticed that you are unable to create another account - have you tried enabling the hidden Admin account?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Once you are a able to create another account you can follow the following from Microsoft - Fix A Corrupted User Profile

Quote:
Fix a corrupted user profile

Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.
To create a new user profile

To create a new user profile, you must first create a new user account. When the account is created, a profile is also created.
The steps that you should follow will vary, depending on whether your computer is on a domain or a workgroup. To find out, see "To check if your computer is on a workgroup or domain" in What is the difference between a domain, a workgroup, and a homegroup?
Hide all
My computer is on a domain

Open Microsoft Management Console by clicking the Start button , typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, click Local Users and Groups.
If you don't see Local Users and Groups

If you don't see Local Users and Groups, it's probably because that snap-in hasn't been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it: In Microsoft Management Console, click the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
Click Local Users and Groups, and then click Add.
Click Local computer, click Finish, and then click OK.

Click the Users folder.
Click the Action menu, and then click New User.
Type the appropriate information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
When you are finished creating user accounts, click Close.

My computer is in a workgroup

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
Click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click Create a new account.
Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

To copy files to the new user profile

After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.

Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from.
Open the My Documents folder by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer. Double-click the hard disk drive that Windows is installed on (it's usually your C: drive), double-click Users, double-click the folder with the name of your account, and then double-click My Documents.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Option... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120769-cant-log-my-profile-admin-win7.html
Relevancy 80.84%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi All

Last night my computer kept sticking at the welcome page after the password was entered. After restarting it a few times, it ended up sticking on a black screen with a white cursor.

After googling for help I ran a startup repair which said there were no problems but every time I try to log into the profile now it takes me to a temporary profile.

I have managed to create a standard profile now as I originally only had an admin profile and can see that the files and documents are still there on the admin profile.

I just want to know how I can fix the admin profile if anyone can help me please?

hope I've provided enough info, sorry if I haven't

many thanks,

lee

A:Vista admin profile problem SP2

Hi and welcome to TSF you may be able to run a repair like this http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html and this may be another possibility to let you sort things http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...r_activate.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-admin-profile-problem-sp2-466068.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free internet access with Can only Admin Profile - MB Motherboard eMachines EL G Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Hello I recently tried to watch a show on couch tuner com and inadvertently clicked the wrong link which attempted to download a video player i did not want or need Ever since then I have been unable to access internet in any of the Standard user profiles for my son my wife or my standard profile I created a new profile and it also Can only access internet with Admin Profile will not connect Every time I attempt to connect I am given a page that says page Can only access internet with Admin Profile not available or page not available because you are not connected to internet although I clearly am I can connect when in admin profile although it is getting quite slower than usual I use Chrome web browser and am connected to internet via Google Fiber Free Internet WiFi connected via Belkin wireless USB adapter I have done a couple searches on this issue but have unable to find any real useful information I did notice several programs were installed ont he day the problems started and I have uninstalled them all I have run Mcafee antivirus and Spybot S amp D the issue still remains This computer is at my wife and son s apartment which I visit regularly but not everyday so there may be some possible lag between responses I appreciate your aid Can only access internet with Admin Profile Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-access-internet-with-admin-profile.1138468/
Relevancy 80.41%

Please - account no profile user admin help I ve been getting the quot user profile service user profile - no admin account failed the logon quot error message on my account which was the admin account All of user profile - no admin account the solutions posted online require you to be logged in as an administrator in order user profile - no admin account to execute them So far I ve tried fixing user profile editing system registry etc as per this page http support microsoft com kb en-US wa wsignin can t from a standard user account creating a new account and transferring data can t from a standard user account restoring system to previous point using command prompts can t from a standard user account enabling the quot hidden quot admin account can t as a standard user being stressed and grumpy I can do this fine but it s not effective at solving the problem I don t seem to be able to do anything as a standard user on the only account left and every time it prompts for my admin password it won t let me go any further What do I do We have loads of photos and documents which haven t been backed up yet yes yes don t even say it and so I don t want to just reset the whole thing or risk losing anything Any advice Thank you in advance nbsp

A:user profile - no admin account

Restart the machine in the "Safe mode"
Use the "Administrator" account and password if you set one up. If you did NOT set up a password, then just use the "enter" key when in the password box.
Once up and running in the safe mode, you should be able to make a new account of the admin group.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-no-admin-account.1142637/
Relevancy 80.41%

I deleted a profile and restarted my computer then tried to log in to my admin account and it would not let me in.
I'v been to a bunch of websites and done everything with the command prompt that i could on my brothers limited account.
can't get in at all, need help bad all the family photos are on my account and their not shared so im stuck and i cant work with my brothers account because it can not do admin things.

Notes:
windows xp pro
limited account only
no reinstallment disc

HELP!!!!!

A:Solved: Locked out of admin profile

Hi and Welcome,
While working on the other issues, you could use a linux (Ubuntu) live CD to recover your important photos to external media.
Guide with screenshots http://www.techsupportforum.com/alt...use-ubuntu-superos-recover-files-windows.html

The version of Ubuntu may be different but the process is the same.

Hope this helps?

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locked-out-of-admin-profile.968289/
Relevancy 80.41%

This happened last night. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

I was rebooting my laptop as usual. I typed in the password and Windows loaded. But, Windows did not load my admin profile which I have been using before. Instead, it loaded a temporary profile with this error message appeared :

Windows cannot find 'RVHOST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a files, click the button, and the click Search.

The temporary profile was just a mere blank profile with less icons on the desktop unlike my admin profile before. I also couldn't see my photos, videos, documents, etc in My Documents but I could locate them through Search and could view them normally.

Why did this happen? How do I solve this and get Windows to load back my admin profile which I have been using before? Hope someone can help.

The temporary profile

A:Windows did not load admin profile.

That message appears to be largely associated with malware.

Please read and comply with this guide then post a new item in the Spyware section; http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-did-not-load-admin-profile-421906.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

A:User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515804/user-profile-svc-failed-logon-user-profile-cant-be-loaded-on-admin-acct/
Relevancy 80.41%

Tried to log on to my ADMIN profile to make changes to user accounts and got the dreaded "User Profile Service" service failed the logon on.

Can anyone advise how to fix this problem?

A:Admin profile - "User Profile Service" error showing.

Hello Dogwalkersg5, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This may be able to help you fix this.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232313-admin-profile-user-profile-service-error-showing.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys,

This is driving me crazy. I just implemented roaming profiles, but now my users are having issues because some of our applications require local admin rights. Also, we allow them to install software as needed.

Is there a way I can give the users Local Administrator rights either using a logon script or any other way?

Thanks for the help,
Wayne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-rights-with-roaming-profile.610857/
Relevancy 79.55%

Last week I logged into my XP Profile quot Blazer quot and admin access Can't with Solved: even XP login Help! profile the entire screen was frozen I rebooted and the same thing happened Since I didn t have any money to purchase a new antivirus system I ran the free quot House Call quot after logging into my admin profile Unfortunately it did not find any virus Because my Blazer profile has a ton of important documents Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login on it I need a way to access this profile but when I login as admin and click on the Blazer profile in windows explorer it says quot Access is Denied quot I assume Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login some virus has attacked my profile and made it inaccessible My question is Is there a way I can access this profile and copy the contents to another profile Is there another free anti virus software on the net that may be able to Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login clean and fix this issue Thank you very much for any help I m really stuck on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login

Try taking ownership of the Blazer folder. See this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-access-xp-profile-even-with-admin-login.770735/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/
Relevancy 79.55%

I only have one user profile with admin priviledges. I can not login to it, I get the "user profile cannot be opened..." msg. I can boot into all Safe Modes. After reading some online support messages, I booted in safe mode and logged into "admin" profile and it says "loading default profile" and then logs me in. I then attempt to go to User Accounts and "Add a new User" to add a new user with Admin priviledges, but this option is Not Shown to me. If I try to click on "manage user accounts" it does nothing. It shows a microsoft "shield" on left side of this option. I know I can access my documents in safe mode still, but need to create a new user to move them to. HELP!

A:Admin user profile corrupt, can't create new one

my advise to you would be backup your data (in safe mode) and reinstall, or try a repair install.. something in the registry is corrupt. have you used a registry cleaner/optimizer ??

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-user-profile-corrupt-cant-create-new-one-568997.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am having a problem with the is Profiles yet are Admin XP profile Slow; fast...Why? two profiles other than the administrator profile in Windows XP They are both running unusually SLOOOW i e they make molasses moving uphill backwards in January XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? look like light speed all the sudden while the admin profile runs at quot normal quot speed still Recently XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? had a spyware problem still finishing its cleanup XP Profiles are Slow; yet Admin profile is fast...Why? on another thread but it is essentially back to normal for now and I have removed all other virus programs and installed Panda Platinum since it seems to do an exceptionally thorough job in sweeping the system Not sure how the two other profiles can be so bogged down while the admin profile works just fine How can I correct this problem Thanks for any insight oh I have MB of RAM so that is not an issue Here s the latest Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files panda software panda platinum internet security firewall PNMSRV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security AntiSpam pskmssvc exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Excite PrvtMsgr bin x IMPipe exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Accelerate accelerate exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security SRVLOAD EXE C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security WebProxy exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cidaemon exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security avciman exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Platinum Internet Security psimreal exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ku edu F - RE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-profiles-are-slow-yet-admin-profile-is-fast-why.425837/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I have Windows XP X and I created another profile to game and granted it admin rights When I rebooted I noticed only the new profile was available I have searched and pressing ctrl alt del twice did not recover the old admin account just granted me the new admin account I found this to be very strange as this is the first profile other. another Admin rights deleted with Creating time this has ever happened to me My files are still saved as if the account has just been hidden However after going under computer management the only account seen is the new gaming account I created and it has been changed as if it is the only profile ever created All my documents are still under the old profile and it is labeled administrator Is there anyway I can get back into my old account I'm not really interested in transferring files as I only wanted this profile for low services in the background for more performance Thanks Jordan

A:Creating another profile with Admin rights deleted other.

You were using the built in Administrator account for your user account profile. Once you create another user account profile, it hides the built in Administrator account (to be only used for Administrative purposes). You don't want to run your computer with the Administrator account, because if your user profile jacks up, how can you log on to repair it? So, Create another User account, and copy your My Documents, Favorites, and Desktop over to the new profile make it have administrative privileges, and leave the Built in Administrator account Hidden and un-used.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/creating-another-profile-with-admin-rights-deleted-other-419625.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Win 2000 Prof: Deleted Admin profile!
Can view deleted file ...000 but am unable to restore it. Is there a program that will let me go back and see all info on hard drive and find my deleted administraor & password so I can access old files?

A:Access Deleted Admin Profile Data

Welcome to TSG!

If you can't restore the profile, can you copy it to a new location? Even with that and copying over the default profile probably will not restore the admin account. You could try to repair the system, but I am not sure that would work either as it is not the same as the old NT repair where you could reset the registry to the last saved state. Your best bet is to do a clean install in the same folder and re-install all of the apps. Then from the new admin account you can take ownership of any files you need.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-deleted-admin-profile-data.113136/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,
Guys, I've been using an admin account till now for my customization needs and registry tweaks as i got annoyed by frequent pop-ups and permission thingy. Well, now it's all set to my needs.
Now, i'm thinking to convert my admin account into standard one.
Well, i know i can always create another admin account, log in to that account and convert my account into standard account.
I just wanted to know is there any chances of getting something like my profile getting messed up and losing my all hard work made to customize it to my needs.
Is their any other way of doing it? Or this method is itself the safest way? Also, how do i backup my user profile and it's settings aka configuration to restore if something goes wrong?
Sorry for so many noobvious questions as I've had never felt in need of it before.

A:Converting admin acc. to standard acc. & backing up user profile

Hello Ezio,

You will have to have at least one administrator account created on your computer at all times. If you did not want to use it for everyday use anymore, then it would be best to password protect it (if not already) and use the standard account instead. If you did not have an administrator account, then you would not be able to install programs or be able to make any changes that affect the system and other users.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132615-converting-admin-acc-standard-acc-backing-up-user-profile.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello - I have a Windows 7 laptop with a user account that was not created with my knowledge. The laptop seems to have some type of malware, but this user account blocks any attempts to run programs or switch to another administrator.
I'd like help removing this profile and returning control back to me. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589287/need-help-removing-unwanted-user-profile-with-admin-privilege/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi,
I am installed Office 2000 Proofing tools on a Windows 2000 Professional SP 3 machine which has Office 2K Professional installed. The problem is that the dictionary (of the Proofing tools) appears only in a Administrator profile. It doesnot appear in any non-admin profile.

What could be the problem.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2k-proofing-tools-work-only-in-admin-profile.209590/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all I have been up and down various boards over the last few days and though I have found many suggestions I keep finding myself in an endless loop I enabled the Hidden Admin account on my Win Pro laptop The account was created without a hitch but when I try to login I get a defualt profile loading up Blank desktop and a very limited user profile Not even a command prompt in the quot Accessories quot folder in the Start menu When I try and access the Users folder I get denied Strange as this is the quot Super quot Hidden Admin account I have found suggestions with regards to Regedit problem Admin Hidden profile account default but the account is not listed in profiles list Only my original quot Jay quot account and system profiles network local I have tried to create other accounts I created a Standard account without a password and I get this error quot User profile services failed the login quot This error too Hidden Admin account default profile problem led me to a Regedit solution but again the account is not present In fact no new user folders are created when I make a new account When I try to view Users folder from my quot Jay quot account which works brilliantly there are no other user folders It's like it allows me to create new user accounts but is loading a default profile instead with all accounts I create Restore point won't work as I cleared all but my most recent the other day my one account is doing great so I cleared my restore points and made a system image now I wish I hadn't I don't know where to go from here other than maybe a repair install Kind of freaks me out about maybe messing up my only good profile account I have going right now

A:Hidden Admin account default profile problem

Hello Jay,

You might see if this may be able to help you fix this user profile error.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160167-hidden-admin-account-default-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

I currently have an XP laptop that has 2 account - one has all permissions, the other is a 'limited' account.

Last night the Main account decided it wasnt going to work and the screens stays blue with a cursor and thats it......

I can access the limited accoutn without problem, but i cannot get to the files because they are locked to the main account.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can get to the files? is it possible to upgrade the limited account without going into the main account?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul

A:XP Admin Profile Corrupt - Upgrade Limited Account?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-admin-profile-corrupt-upgrade-limited-account.363952/
Relevancy 78.69%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I'm new to Windows 7.

I'm still trying to master the file permissions.. I need some help and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have a folder with mp3s (created with my old Windows XP system). I've included this mp3s folder in the "my music" library and then I inspected the folder and took ownership of it together with everything it contains (following instructions I found on the Net).

Nevertheless, when I'm trying to delete or move a file I get the message that I need to provide administrator permission! But I thought I am both administrator and owner...

Also, when listen to the songs with WinAmp, it seems I cannon save any song data. I get: Cannot save metadata: Error opening file.

I suppose, it's an aspect of the very same problem.

What am I missing?

thanx.

A:I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Take a look on the properties of the folder see if you have an unblock button . If you do click on it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/297001-i-need-admin-permission-delete-move-file-but-im-both-admin-owner.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I need to either change a guest log in (kid's access) to
adminstrator, or a way to reveal or change the password
for the Admin profile. Thanks for your help.
I tried this already: Run: cmd net user guest *
I tried to rest the guest password this way but
it didn't work - I'm thinking it is because I am not
logged on as admin in the first place. What do I do now?
Thx
lrr

A:change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

you cant change an admins pw from a guest account....at all

only way to change the admin pw is to boot to safe mode and enter the sys admin account or use a hacking program iso which you can find easily but use at your own risk....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-guest-login-to-admin-or-figure-out-admin-password-314097.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 78.69%

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

A:Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33461-google-earth-wont-install-admin-privileges-required-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 78.69%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 78.69%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi from my research I saw this is the best place to ask these types of question Any help is appreciated policy Group admin. cannot admin error; as login Here is the gist of Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. my issues Windows I had just Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. finished downloading a file from our Google drive directory it was for some anti virus Right after the anti virus installed Windows froze up and an error popped up It stated Windows had crashed or something along those lines I had to unplug the cord Once rebooting I noticed it was taking incredibly long The screen went to yellow showing signs of loading then to black I could move my mouse here After this happened the login screen appeared Everything was very slow I tried to right click and noticed it freezing up After it finally loaded the login screen I entered in my pin but it took over minutes then went to black After other tries to boot I had very mixed signals Sometimes it made it to the login other times just a black screen On one occasion I got this error The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Sign-in The Universal Unique Identifier UUID Type Is Not Supported Sadly this is for the admin account I have no idea where to go from here and have a lot invested file and program wise and thus time wise into this set up for work Any ideas where to go I cannot access system restore or anything as it won't let me log in Any help is appreciated Edit title shouldn't say admin at the end Meaning I cannot log in to the admin or any other profile

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616132/group-policy-error;-admin-cannot-login-as-admin/
Relevancy 77.83%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 77.83%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word All Office features MS user with but work not admin Admin with Pro or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user one All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself I can't access the help files When I log in as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win system me Programs asking passwords and for admin user admin Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password Of course the sys admin has no password and my local admin does So no matter what I do I get it wrong Earlier today I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default I followed directions I found on the web activated the sys admin account went to the sys admin account the users app data tabletray But I kept getting the error that something quot was already in use quot and I couldn't copy all the files I went ahead Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account then I disabled the sys admin account Now some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on MSI afterburner And any program that needs Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords admin access I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off I have to do it all over again when a program asks for elevated access it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box Is that normal I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before If I have to re-install where do I Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords get the free win upgrade again are those files saved on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58127-programs-asking-me-system-admin-user-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 77.83%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with one Pro work not MS user features All but admin with Admin Office with or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user I can't access the help files When I log in All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

A:cannot login, user profile cannot load, cannot run built-in admin account

Originally Posted by Jeff Eriksen

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

Jeff
there is a tutorial here for when the user profile fails to start. you might want to take a look. its here User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255341-cannot-login-user-profile-cannot-load-cannot-run-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I m having several issues with my Sony Vaio Profile Lock turned Logon User Failed Admin Out...Help! Windows bit Home Premium Laptop A few days ago upon start-up I received an error message when trying to login to my Admin account My caps were not on and I was entering the correct password Error message - quot User Profile Failed Logon quot I am able to log on to a secondary user account that does not have admin authority so I m basically stuck To make matters worse I did a bunch of shutdowns restarts to see if it would fix itself and now I get quot password incorrect quot error message on Admin acct I do not User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! have any cd s for the pc due User Profile Failed Logon turned Admin Lock Out...Help! to Hurricane Sandy and I don t have another laptop I went to Youtube and found a Safe Mode Registry Fix that was super easy and was going to try it but now that I am no longer receiving the quot User Profile Failed Logon quot and have subsequently locked myself out I m not sure this fix applies I ve read tons of blogs and have visited countless forums and I m afraid to cause any more damage lose access to the secondary user account or the ability to connect to the net I definitely cannot afford to have it serviced and am hoping that I can resolve these issues with your help nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I have been having a strange problem the last week or so I have an Admin account and a Guest account on my Windows PC I always use the user cursor on stuck after right profile busy startup. Admin Admin account However since a week ago I am not able to do anything on this account the cursor goes into the 'busy' mode and my laptop is effectively stuck The only thing that works is Ctrl-Alt-Del I do this and 'switch user' to my Guest account Admin user profile stuck on busy cursor right after startup. Everything works fine on the Guest account When I switch back to the admin account it is still stuck on busy cursor with nothing else being able to be done I have restarted shut down several times I have run a full scan using Avira and found nothing I have tried opening Task Manager using Ctrl-Shift-Esc to see what's going on but while the Task Manager window does show on screen it does not me anything i e the window is empty What could the problem Really grateful for any help as all my useful documents are on my admin account's documents folder and currently inaccessible Thanks

A:Admin user profile stuck on busy cursor right after startup.

Quote: Originally Posted by theroyale

I have been having a strange problem the last week or so. I have an Admin account and a Guest account on my Windows 7 PC. I always use the Admin account. However since a week ago I am not able to do anything on this account: the cursor goes into the 'busy' mode and my laptop is effectively stuck. The only thing that works is Ctrl-Alt-Del. I do this and 'switch user' to my Guest account. Everything works fine on the Guest account. When I switch back to the admin account it is still stuck on busy cursor with nothing else being able to be done.

I have restarted/shut down several times. I have run a full scan using Avira and found nothing. I have tried opening Task Manager (using Ctrl-Shift-Esc) to see what's going on, but while the Task Manager window does show on screen, it does not me anything (i.e. the window is empty).

What could the problem? Really grateful for any help as all my useful documents are on my admin account's documents folder and currently inaccessible. Thanks!

Hi theroyale,

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please check this link below which might be useful for you:

Fix a corrupted user profile

Let us know if you require further assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289863-admin-user-profile-stuck-busy-cursor-right-after-startup.html
Relevancy 77.83%

HI all I appreciate admin built hidden profile+more in as temporary loading h.premium64/32 your help and time in solving few issues i am having I have a win home premium bit sony vaio nw m I think I have got my hidden built in admin account messed somehow it has been like this for months but only now i have had the time to try and solve it When loading says this is a temporary profile everything you do will be deleted contact admin I have my own admin account which is working fine The more above is the following issues on h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more my admin account the one which is loading h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more fine I ran Vaio hardware diagnostics and found error E-LAN- On my desktop I have about files from Mac instalation iso I extracted by mistake to desktop and can't remember if it is the snow leopard but I cannot delete them comes back with msg - file no longer in that location verify location etc I tried to delete from the folder but no success I had downloaded virtual box but have now deleted all folders and uninstalled it I had ran Qemu to install it but i got a black small screen that flashed quickly and was gone So I never used it I tried to install a virtual machine but with no success have Windows virtual PC installed but was not able to load a win iso Needed some help to enter the BIOS on this machine I managed to enter once by pressing power and Assist button but can't do it again And even that does not give me advanced options on BIOS settings Thank you Rosh

A:h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more

Hi all

I managed to sort out the built in admin account problem. is now loading fine, no temp. profile.

still need help with the other issues mentioned in first post above.
thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586550/hpremium6432-built-in-hidden-admin-loading-as-temporary-profilemore/
Relevancy 77.83%

I set up a user profile given I'd been using my administrator user profile all along. Now how do I copy my desktop and browser, files to my user profile? I have Windows 7 Home Office Professional on my PC

Relevancy 76.97%

Ran into an odd issue last night that I cannot fully understand. I will keep it short, but the basic jist is: I was trying to rename a local profile to [username].old so when they logged back into the domain, it rebuilt from scratch. However, even logged in as local admin to the PC, I kept getting access denied. At one point, I was getting a NTUSER error when trying to rename.

Was trying to rename through backdoor [\\[pcname]\c$, then going to doc&settings] as well as simply going to the C drive locally, no dice.

Tried rebooting twice, still no dice. This PC is in, what my job considers, a high security sec group, so maybe the GPOs being applied to the PC as it connects to the domain is tying up the local profiles?

A:[SOLVED] access denied to rename local profile, logged as admin

nm, just asked a coworker. says a reboot will usually kill anything tying up the profiles, if not, he uses a tool called LockHunter to find out what is accessing the profile and kills it from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-access-denied-to-rename-local-profile-logged-as-admin-628994.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 76.11%

I'm just getting a new HP Envy - computer set up Came with and then was upgraded to I started with a Microsoft id which set me up as Administrator and that's working fine I set up a Local account with Type Administrator which it shows in the User Account profile I expected that this new Admin account would be a full-on Admin with the ability to see and edit all files pictures documents etc including system stuff but it does none of that If I check the Properties Security on a folder file it will show the account saying that it is Admin and showing the same controls as my Admin account but it is unable to see any of the set but as Admin, as New Admin account doesn't 8.1 work Library documents which reside in the structure under my Admin name which is where I pasted them after copying from my Win machine I haven't really done any other testing to see what else it could could not do once I found it couldn't even pick a new account picture for itself Are my expectations wrong or is there something else I should have done or done differently I have deleted and then recreated it I haven't done anything with Homegroup as there is nothing to share Should I We're a single computer printer home My goal is too have New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin only two accounts This new one as Admin account and a new Standard account for daily use both as Local Accounts New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin then remove my Microsoft Admin user account Thanks for your help

A:New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin

Have You taken ownership of them?
This should work in windows 8.1 too. It works in My Windows 8.
Take Ownership of a File or Folder
Read the directions.

An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512168/new-81-account-set-as-admin-but-doesnt-work-as-admin/
Relevancy 76.11%

There is a user Dad with admin privileges on a Windows machine this is me There are other users kid and kid with no admin privileges my kids - I want to let kid and kid access the contents of a directory in my userspace C Users Dad In fact it's not users wants a directory share to non-admin Admin with at the top level let's say it's C Users Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users Dad ownCloud photos because it is I want Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users to let kid have read write access and kid read only access I navigated my way to C Users Dad ownCloud and then right-clicked on photos clicked on properties clicked on the sharing tab and did what looked like the sensible thing gave the kids the required access I then logged in as kid and attempted to find my way to C Users Dad ownCloud photos I got there -- but on the way I saw far too much -- kid can see a complete list of the names of all files and directories in D Users Dad not ideal and also names of all files and directories in C Users Dad ownCloud which is not acceptable because that is my entire life in the cloud Is this expected behaviour when sharing directories in Windows If not what did I do wrong If so then this is no good and I guess I need a workaround The problem is that I am not at all sure that I can move the directory because it part of a cloud storage service like Dropbox but a different company and as far as I know that directory ownCloud photos the one I want to share with my kids must be a subdirectory of ownCloud the one that I really don't want my kids to be able to view the contents of Also not a viable solution is re-organizing the directory structure of ownCloud i e putting photos at the top and everything else in another directory called quot not for kids quot or whatever -- the problem with that solution is that this directory ownCloud is shared by me on many machines and if I start changing things around then various scripts running on other machines would immediately fail -- the directory structure cannot be messed with I think I need to have most directory names in C Users Dad ownCloud not visible but the entire directory C Users Dad ownCloud photos visible I'm not worried whether the kids can access the directory directly or via some network share or anything -- I just don't want them to see the names of all files and directories in C Users Dad ownCloud In unix this would be easy to do because one has very fine control on who can see what one could remove read access from C Users Dad but still allow read access to subdirectories How does one do that in Windows PS Lol quot I'm having trouble sharing quot a clickable option on the Share window That sometimes applies to my kids -- nice to see that it applies to me today

A:Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users

NTFS Folder Permissions

I'm thinking if you create a symbolic link in C:\Users\Public you may be able to let the kids go directly to the shared folder. Perhaps then you can deny Traverse permission to block the parent folder. But I haven't done it myself.

Stoik Joker,who has the NTFS permissions page in the above link, is also a regular poster on DonationCoder.com. You may be able to ask for clarifications there. And of course someone with SysAdmin type experience may chime in here.

If you succeed using external info please post the solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330950-admin-wants-share-directory-non-admin-users.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

I've been trying to remove all my sims 3 games cause they aren't working they are saying version 0.0.0.0 but my computer tells me i have insufficient access please contact system administrator, I'm the only one that uses this computer and I am the administrator Ive been trying to uninstall it for weeks now and have tried force uninstall programs as well can anyone please help me?

A:cant uninstall programs says need admin access but i am the admin

Did you try the free version of Revo Uninstaller?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-uninstall-programs-says-need-admin-access-but-i-am-the-admin-701354.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 76.11%

So for the second time this month a Windows Update has basically killed my machine As I was going to bed at GMT WindowsUpdate started an auto-install and rebooted my as made admin act available? Admin no privileges WinUpdate machine As I logged into the Admin-level account normally it appears to stop loading any of my programs - firewall AV email everything Volume appears and that's it I click my browser icon on the jump bar and it popsup an alert box that says quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item WinUpdate made Admin act as no admin privileges available? quot I get this on everything command prompt window Games on non-boot drive Windows utilities programs themselves Funnily enough although quot Run as Admin quot on my browsers doesn't work using the quot Run Safer quot option through my OnlineArmor firewall program guard does allow a browser to run But not anything else And not as with Admin Privileges Bloody annoying I can't uninstall anything quot Last Known Good Configuration quot and quot Safe Mode quot does nothing for this problem There's no way to access quot System Restore quot so even if there is a restore point which there should be - I made one after reinstalling at beginning of the month the last time this happened I can't use it The quot Shut Down quot button on the Start Menu constantly tells me to click it for the update process again times or so and it's still there I can access My Computer through Start Menu and move files around What in blazes is happening And why twice after a Windows Update that I cannot defer or block P GHz GB Dual-Channel PC- RAM ATI HD MB GPU Win Ultimate -bit EmsiSoft's OnlineArmor firewall Avast Anti-Virus

A:WinUpdate made Admin act as no admin privileges available?

Addendum :

Managed to create a new Admin-level user.
No go. Same problem. Will not run anything - not enough permissions?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/214648-winupdate-made-admin-act-no-admin-privileges-available.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi.

The main (and only account) I have been using since the first beta came out had administrator privileges.

Today when I booted up I noticed that my account could no longer do things that are associated with an admin account, such as installing certain programs and writing to certain folders.

I created another account with admin rights and that account has the exact same problem. I tried removing the admin status on my account and putting it back on but that did not work.

Anyone else have this problem or have any advice on how to get my account seen as an admin account?

A:Admin acount no longer has admin privileges?

Hello iroden.

Check out my recent other post for a similar matter
NewSID.exe HELP!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4912-admin-acount-no-longer-has-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 73.96%

If someone with greater technical savvy than I can help it would be appreciated If logs would help please advise which I've tried to find dislodge hijacker ru URL I feel like I'm playing chess in the dark against grand master as grim reaper Losing money time and peace with situation Windows level techs have remotely tried to fix separate cases and top tech guy at Corte Madera CA store unable to fix problem DCOM flooded with error messages by time OS completes corrupted SOS fix mbr & Reset by corrupted replaced shortcuts book, built machine(s) in admin cannot as all bios, standalone broken RAT. admin Welcome nbsp song dance Unable to fix corrupt certificates with unknown and unsigned certificate extensions Default built-in admin replaced by Defaultuser Paths changed on any owner created admin accounts which no longer have any admin privileges despite still being named as admin Attributes changed on Library files so documents saved and pusic ripped cannot be accessed Rollback option on drivers also SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced all changed immed after start up st time Disk Management loses ability SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced to format or save info on USB devices which are converted to RAW format Thrice weekly reset of system does nothing but allow brief window of usage Network settings corrupted and based on description believe DNS cache to be poisoned Tried using sysinternal accesschk but log shows for less than second amp disappears Procmgr shows huge amounts of svchost programs running simultaneously Though my guess is that both machine and network corrupted probably primary and rest result of ports left open by st so don't know where to start VM and proxy attempts circumvented by unchangeable command bypass proxy for localhost command nbsp Not just Windows purchased Mac OS x which worked great for months until shrug Windows script started getting written to Mac library Devices w every OS of Windows since XP every OS x of Mac Linux iOS Android all have permissions amp admin changed to point where I have lost access to system files nbsp Registry corrupted but nothing in regedit or tools from sysinternals can fix Cannot make myself NET USER on Windows machines since all my user accounts get changed to standard I cannot imagine a situation wherein I could possibly be more f ked Experts new machines software have cost fortune Would eat worms but can't find Sorry for length but could not figure out how to shorten SOS Excellent opportunity for someone to be hero Thnx for any conceivable solution aside Luddism

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ed882e2-1d72-46d3-8752-d7b551e10785/sos-reset-cannot-fix-as-book-bios-mbr-all-corrupted-standalone-machines-corrupted-by-rat-built?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 73.96%

When I am logged in as admin or logged into my sons user account I can access the internet. When I am logged into my husbands user profile I cannot access the internet. It was working before. I am slightly computer stupid so please talk easy to me! :)

A:Internet on admin & 1 user profile but not on other user profile

It tells me "The proxy server is refusing connections" ????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-on-admin-and-1-user-profile-but-not-on-other-user-profile-446646.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My grand kids use my laptop when they visit and I always go back through files after they leave and delete anything I am not sure of so I don't have performance issues As I do a JPG search of my C drive I run across some file icons supposed pics that only show a little blue icon that has what looks like a blue sun and nbsp mountains underneath it and and captions such as quot shades of blue quot or quot Pretty Peacock quot quot Sand Paper quot quot and quot Psychedelic quot several other captions I go through all the JPG pics and delete any that I don't want but cannot delete some of these type files I get a message that says quot You'll need ADMINISTRATOR permission to delete these files and I am the Administrator Even my security protocol profile lists me as the Admin What do I need to do to get it to allow me to delete unwanted JPG Thanks experts lt v shapetype coordsize quot quot filled quot f quot id quot x me How already Admin? I Admin lists do as to the change me it when t quot o preferrelative quot t quot o spt quot quot How do I change the Admin to me when it already lists me as Admin? path quot m l xe quot stroked quot f quot gt nbsp lt v stroke joinstyle quot miter quot gt lt v formulas gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f How do I change the Admin to me when it already lists me as Admin? eqn quot prod quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelWidth quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelHeight quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v How do I change the Admin to me when it already lists me as Admin? f eqn quot prod quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelWidth quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot prod pixelHeight quot gt nbsp nbsp lt v f eqn quot sum quot gt nbsp lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v f gt lt v formulas gt nbsp lt v path gradientshapeok quot t quot o connecttype quot rect quot o extrusionok quot f quot gt nbsp lt o lock aspectratio quot t quot v ext quot edit quot gt lt o lock gt lt v path gt lt v stroke gt lt v shapetype gt lt v shape id quot x i quot o ole quot quot style quot width pt height pt quot type quot x t quot gt lt v imagedata o title quot quot src quot file C Users Linda AppData Local Temp msohtmlclip clip image emz quot gt lt v imagedata gt lt v shape gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4079033a-9dfd-4359-a3fb-b3d2fdbbe0f6/how-do-i-change-the-admin-to-me-when-it-already-lists-me-as-admin?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 73.53%

Computer at work does not allow administrator priveleges. System recovery tab also missing. Privileges still not accepted in safe mode. Computer has problems with missing files upon start.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

A:No Admin privileges with Admin accounts.

Your work has most likely blocked administrator privileges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-admin-privileges-with-admin-accounts-166414.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Okay, I'm very sure I set my account to be Admin, there's only one account anyway, yet W8 requests admin permission to do everything.

All because of this, I can't change the .ini of a game, I can't update Neverwinter Nights using the updater, I can't save .inis or .txts anywhere except documents...It's annoying.

I used to have W7 before, it never did this to me, but Windows 8 really deeply annoys me.

Now I'll be specific by saying that I only have "Windows 8", no Enterprise or Pro.

How can I make W8 stop nagging me everytime about admin rights? I AM an admin.

A:Windows 8 wants Admin rights, but I AM an admin

I took ownership of everything to get rid of the nag messages.
Someone else may have a better way...

A tutorial---

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49620-windows-8-wants-admin-rights-but-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I am trying to open AVG Free edition or Malwarebytes but I keep getting a message that tells me the program has been blocked by the System Administrator. I am the system administrator. I can't delete the program and download a newer version for the same reason. I ran Kaspersky disk and cleaned up the PC, but this problem still occurs. Any suggestions from here?

A:Program blocked by Admin, but I am Admin

Hello, Qrush007! Let's start with some important instructions:
Last, but not least, be patient. I know it is very stressful to have a computer with a potential malware infection, but unfortunately it will take some time to get to your topic. We will, though, get to you and attempt to resolve your issues to the utmost of our ability.
Avoid installing or uninstalling programs during the malware removal process, because doing so can cause discrepancies between the information in different log files created by different programs at different times.
Do NOT run tools such as Combofix unless instructed by a BleepingComputer staff member. These tools can break your computer if used improperly, so you should only run them if you know what you are doing or if the person who told you to use Combofix knows what they're doing.
If you want to, you should back up all important documents and files to an external storage device or online file backup service. Malware infections--and attempts to fix them--can prevent your computer from booting up, making your files unaccessable; this means that backing up your files to an USB flash drive or to an online service like Dropbox before attempting to remove malware is a good idea.
Step 1: Rkill

Please download Rkill by Grinler. Save it to your desktop.
Run the program. If you are using Windows Vista, you should right click the program and select "Run as administrator".
A Black DOS box should appear; this indicates that the program is functioning.
The program will generate a log file on your desktop. Post the contents of that file in your next reply.
Do not restart your computer until the other steps are finished.

Step 2: Please download MiniToolBox by Farbar, and save it to your desktop.

Run the program. Please select the following options:

Flush DNS
Report IE proxy settings
Reset IE proxy settings
Report FF proxy settings
Reset FF proxy settings
List content of Hosts
List installed programs
List restore points
After the program finishes its job, it will create a log file called "Result.txt" on your desktop. Post the contents of that file in your next reply.

Step 3: Run ESET online scanner

Using Internet Explorer, navigate to http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner-popup/ (If you used another web browser, such as Firefox, you will have to download an installer file)
Read through the program's terms of use. If you agree with it, check the checkbox which confirms that you accepted the program's terms of use. If you do not agree with its terms of use, then notify me and I can find another virus cleaning solution for you.
Accept any security warnings which may appear.
Click on the advanced settings part, and select "Scan for potentially unsafe applications","remove found threats", and "Scan archives".
Check "scan for potentially unwanted applications".
Click "start".
Eset will download updates and scan your computer; this may take a few minutes to a few hours.
When the scan completes, click "list threats".
Click "Export", and save the log file to your desktop.
Post the contents of the log file to your next forum post. Please note that if ESET does not detect anything, it may not necessarily generate a log file.
Step 3: Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode, and save it to your desktop.

Click on the "scan" button.
The tool will scan your computer for adware; this may take a few minutes.
After the scan has finished, click on the "Report" button. A logfile, AdwCleaner[R0].txt, will show.
After viewing the log, close the log file window. View the list of adware detections, and uncheck ones that you do not want to remove(i.e. the ones which you're sure to be benign).
Press the "Clean" button. You will be requested to restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, a log file called AdwCleaner[S0].txt will show. Post the contents of that log file in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566063/program-blocked-by-admin-but-i-am-admin/
Relevancy 73.53%

been about week i kept trying to get firefox to download onto my pc. But when i get it to download after that done.i go to run the installer a pop says i need to have admin rights when im on a admin account. im running win 7 64bit . i have a image of the screen that requires me to have admin rights.

A:need admin permission on a admin account

Try to create new user with admin rights and see, if same issue happens there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375907/need-admin-permission-on-a-admin-account/
Relevancy 73.53%

So here is an interesting problem I ran into after working on the family computer (I was away at college and just got back for break).

After removing all the viruses, I was left with a computer where both the main user account and the Admin account did not have Admin rights. I can log into the Administrator account, but I cannot do even the most simplest of things, such as open Control Panel. So, I am at a loss to fix this. So simply enough, how does one restore administrative rights to the admin account when it has lost them.

Info:
Windows XP Home SP2
Control Panel, and many related functions, along side with such things as leftclick->properties on My Computer do not work (It says privilege removed, contact admin).
Even the Help will not open.

A:Admin rights for Admin account?

Please download Trend Micro's HJTInstall.exe to your Windows Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe . The application will install by default to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on the Install button. A shortcut icon will be created on your Windows Desktop.
When the installation finishes, the HijackThis application will launch.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. When the scan is complete, a log file should open in notepad.
On the notepad document, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and then paste the contents of the log file into your next reply to this thread.

>>Please-Do Not use the Analyze This button-the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted.
>>Please-Do Not have HijackThis 'fix' anything yet. Most of what if finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-for-admin-account.654522/
Relevancy 73.53%

I cannot do a few things that require admin rights but I the account I'm using is an admin account. I made a new account and gave it all privileges, admin, backup operations, helpservicesgroup, network configuration operations and replicator but even with all those rights this user can't get windows updates.

This is where I noticed the trouble, I wanted to go to windows updates and it gave me this error:
[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates. Click to expand...

Any ideas?

A:Logged in as admin but have no admin rights

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-admin-but-have-no-admin-rights.781270/
Relevancy 73.53%

I've reach a wall...
When a Network User is logged On they get prompted for Admin rights when they try to install something or change a setting... I'd rather them enter the Local Admin account on Windows 7 then giving them a Network Admin info since all the private files associated with that network admin would be available to them... But every prompt is asking for DOMAIN admin

How can I temporally switch the Admin Prompt from DOMAIN to LOCAL?

A:Domain Admin vs Local Admin

Why should users have admin credentials in the first place? Why are you letting them install applications? Or change settings? Your setup makes no sense what so ever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/188915-domain-admin-vs-local-admin.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have two Windows VMs, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On both machines there is an account with administrative rights. On the Windows 7 VM if I run a DOS cmd window it is run with with administrative rights. However, on the Windows 8 VM the DOS cmd window has NO administrative rights.

Has anything changed between Windiws 7 and 8 in this respect?

Thanks

A:DOS Cmd run with admin rights if run from admin account?

Hello ndean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It's the same in Windows 8.

Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9968-dos-cmd-run-admin-rights-if-run-admin-account.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I need to download the .dll file msvcr71.dll right so i try to redownload it it says that i have to unzip and extract the thing and all that so i do it but then they tell me that i have to be the administrator to unzip and extract it only problem is im the only user and im the administrator i heard that this isn't the real admin account how do i download the .dll file? What do i have to do?

A:Am admin but not admin need to download .dll file

Hi Frankenddude, welcome to the Seven Forums.

A normal user account with administrator rights is not the same than built-in administrator account. The built-in administrator, sometimes also called as Super User, is the most powerful of all different user accounts in Windows, and because a normal user could do some serious harm if he was always using this account, it's by default disabled. This tutorial tells you more: Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

However, you can temporarily use these super rights by launching a program by right clicking its icon and selecting Run as administrator from the context menu. For instance if you want to extract a zipped packet to some of the protected folders like Program Files or Windows, start the application you use for extracting (WinRAR, WinZip etc.) by right clicking its shortcut or icon, select Run as administrator and then use the applications menus to bring the packet you want to extract to application, then extract it where you want to. Running WinRAR for instance as an administrator let's you to extract packets wherever you want to.

If the packet is a self-extracting exe, just right click it and select Run as administrator.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154252-am-admin-but-not-admin-need-download-dll-file.html
Relevancy 73.53%

So, here's what I did.
Fresh install of Windows 7 x64 Pro.
Default initial user is "Benjamin"
created a second user, "Adam"
created a third user, "root"

Next security setup.
I removed administrator privileges from Benjamin.
Adam was created with no administrator privileges.
root was given administrator privileges.

Then I went into the local security policy to deny root from logging into the system locally.

Well, I learned that yes, this prevents root from logging into his account as a desktop user, but I did not expect it to prevent me from temporarily escalating my privileges to administrator while logged in as Benjamin.

I'm used to a Linux environment where it is normal that root can not log in but you can escalate. Is it possible to regain control of my system or do I need to reinstall?

Thanks in advance,

A:How do I unlock admin with no admin access

WinInternals Locksmith or reinstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/188182-how-do-i-unlock-admin-no-admin-access.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello most excellent group My friend across the country got an XP pro box as a gift and I cannot get admin privileges I just wanted to create a new account for him with admin privs but when logged in as administrator the interface is not there to create a new account behaving like a admin has privileges Admin pro no XP acct user account I do not know the history of this PC but I think there have been security restrictions put onto the admin account Is there an easy way to restore the default security policy Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro in XP Or at least a way to remove the restriction on account creation with privs This is a new one on me It s easy to tell me to re-install but he is a fairly inexperienced user who can Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro t handle that and he s miles away Any clues out there I was gonne A B Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro the local users and groups settings with my pc and review security policies too Not sure where to find these controls I just want it to behave like a normal XP pro box admin account

A:Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro

There should be an admin account with full rights that was created when Windows was installed but it is usually only available when booting into safe mode. When safe mode starts, he should see an admin account and his account. Have him select admin and then go to control panel, user accounts. There he should be able to set up accounts and change the rights on existing accounts

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220507/admin-acct-has-no-admin-privileges-xp-pro/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am setting up a very basic computer for a company, and I have already activated "The Administrator" and created a secondary Administrator. I will need accesss to The Administrator often. So what I am asking; Is there a way to prevent one administrator from deleting the other intentionally or unintentionally? I've set the password on the one I don't want deleted, but I know that is not enough, because the other Admin can still remove it.

A:How can I prevent one Admin from deleting another Admin??

Not sure how this is network or sharing related but it should be noted that the built-in Administrator can never be deleted only deactivated. It is strongly advised to only activate it when necessary.

You should only allow users Admin access if you wish them to have full control of that machine. The only possible way I can think of is to restrict access via group policy to that one Administrator so that it cannot change what you don't want it to.

Group Policy - Apply to a Specific User or Group

Please understand that even this isn't perfect and they may be able to bypass it via a command prompt therefore it may be worth restricting access to the command prompt. That being said if you want that much restriction then the account in question should really be a standard user.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304368-how-can-i-prevent-one-admin-deleting-another-admin.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I am trying to carry out the steps in the Hijack this and malware removal instructions, but cannot get the Kaspersky scanner to run.
It says that I need Administrator privileges to install it.
I only have the one account on that machine, the Admin one.

User Accounts shows only the one admin account.

Any ideas how I get the rights back?
Computer is an HP Pavilion Laptop running XP pro SP2

A:Logged In As Admin, But Don't Have Admin Rights

try right clicking on it and selecting "run as admin"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148616/logged-in-as-admin-but-dont-have-admin-rights/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I am having a lot of issues with my work computer and the IT guy here doesnt know what is wrong I am suppossed to have Admin Privileges But I am not able to download programs or delete shortcuts from my desktop For example when I try to go to quot Local Secuirty Policy quot it says quot Access is denied quot quot You do not have permission to perform this operation quot Now everyone in my company people is linked over a shared network I beleive the user accounts are linked too In other words my coworkers can sign on to in am Need I Permission, Admin Admin But Group their account on my computer even though they do not have any local information stored My username that I see when I press the start button is quot PSI Staff quot When I open the quot Local Users and Groups quot window the only users Need Admin Permission, But I am in Admin Group I see are quot Administrator quot quot Guest quot and quot Nadia quot I do not see quot PSI Staff quot So I Need Admin Permission, But I am in Admin Group am assuming that quot Nadia quot is quot PSI Staff quot However when I right click on any document click properties and then click secuirty I see the following image Attached All I want is to have admin rights Any one have any ideas at all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385519-need-admin-permission-but-i-am-admin-group.html
Relevancy 73.53%

it is asking premission for turning on windows update, but iam the admin i got this laptop from government and windows store is also not working it says "network error or internet not connected try again 0x80070422 please help me to resole this problem 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/admin-permission-is-asked-where-am-the-admin/td-p/5788495
Relevancy 73.53%

Ok a few days ago my computer started to act weird. I can't do ctrl alt delete nor can I do a system restore because it says the computers admin disabled these tasks. Problem is is that I AM the admin. I have to be since I'm the only user on it. So I'm guessing is a virus of some sort. But after running 5 different virus scanners... nothing has changed. They found plenty of viruses but I'm still not counted as the admin.

I would have done a clean install of Windows XP but I lost the key code years ago. What the hell do I do?

A:Windows says I don't have admin controls. But I AM the admin!

Welcome to TSG LadyMissie

There are a plenty of ways to retrieve the activation key unless the installed version of XP is pirated/ illegitimate. Here are a few articles that will help you out in doing so:

A workaround to XP installs when the product key is missing
Rock XP 4
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfnder

Once, you retrieve your code, write it down on a paper and put it in a safe pace. Hope that will get you through. Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-says-i-dont-have-admin-controls-but-i-am-the-admin.623325/
Relevancy 73.53%

My problem is that even though I have only one user account defined on my machine and it is set to "Administrator" it is not being allowed to do admin types of things like deleting folders. I tried to create a user group but that's not an option on the Win7 Home Premium version that I use. How can it be that the sole account is not the admin even though it shows that it is in the account user setup?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 424790 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 381321 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAA
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled Microsoft Security Essentials in use

A:Admin user has no admin rights?

the actual admin account is hidden and disabled for security reasons,your referring to a account with admin privileges

go into properties for the drive and click on the security tab and check the permissions are enabled for your account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-user-has-no-admin-rights.1078283/
Relevancy 73.53%

I bought an used Elitebook HP 8570P for my grand child , it works OK but Bios Admin is unknown,We can not get to bios set up by using "EsC" then "F10"Model 8570PSerial # 5CB3020QM4SKU # B5V88AW#ABA. Pleaswe help me to reset the Bios Password to blank (Nothing).Your help is greatly apprecicated.Tks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Admin-Bios-Admin-quot-Unknown-quot/td-p/5710917