Windows Support Forum

Admin profile w/o admin powers

Q: Admin profile w/o admin powers

OK I read the past forums and saw this problem addressed, but never answered.

I believe my Admin profile is messing up, but in an undefinable way.

I recently lost the ability to use most of the after-market programs installed on my cpu. When i try to open them, they ask for serial numbers. However, they do not accept the serial numbers when I type them in. When I try to uninstall them, I noticed I do not have install/uninstall privileges. And most do not show up in add/remove hardware. I also lost access to my Outlook Express mailboxes. And my desktop looks screwy.

I have only one user account: "Administrator," but it seems I've lost my Administrator privileges. System Restore only goes back to the date it occurred.

Is there a way to get full admin access or at least make the cpu recognize the programs it shows on the desktop?

TIA
BMac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-profile-w-o-admin-powers.706552/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin profile w/o admin powers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 33.97%

With Broadwell and Skylake desktop CPUs expected to launch next quarter, the urge to upgrade my computer has never been stronger.

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What CPU powers your computer?

Got an i5-2500k in my gaming computer, and a C2Q Q8200 in my home server. Because of the small enclosures they are in I have not overclocked them, with the watercooled 2500k being in a Prodigy case stuffed to the gills, and the Q8200 is in a 2U rack case.

Not sure about the server, but I know with Star Citizen in the distant horizon, I'm very compelled to upgrade around the end of the year. This is driven less by my CPU and more by my graphics card (watercooled GTX 570) and memory, which I only have 8GB.

edit: oh yeah, and my XPS 12 has an i5-4210.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-cpu-powers-your-computer.208477/
Relevancy 34.83%

I usually connect the vga cable from my monitor to the port on my gpu,but for some reason it doesn't display anything now.

I tried to locate the source of the problem by doing these

1) Connected the vga cable from my laptop to the monitor, and it displays the laptop's content just fine so the monitor/cable isn't the issue.

2)Connected the cable to the vga port on my samsung smart tv and to the slot on my gpu and my desktop boots and functions just fine.

3) I opened up my cpu cabinet and dusted the ram and the video card and put everything back in place but that didn't help either.

I don't have a DVI cable with me so I can't check if that works and I don't have another similar monitor either I can test it on other than my tv.

Video card: AMD HD6770

Monitor Samsung 23'S22B series

A:Monitor powers up, but does not display

Is the port you're trying to get video out of active? It might be turned "off." Just a thought....

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-powers-up-but-does-not-display.202749/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok I m not the best and building computers and am very new at it My fresh build will boot but display absolutely nothing on the it like except everything Fresh display all powers at should build, no on monitor monitor by nothing I mean it won t even go to bios or turn the power light from standby to on This build will boot up all fans will run with no problems including cpu and video card fans and everything will shut Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor off by holding down the power button properly Also I have not gotten any light or beep codes Here is what I have asus m a motherboard amd fx -core processor black edition asus gtx ti direct cu video card ddr gb Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor x gb MHz dual corsair vengeance ram watt xion xio power supply sata tb barracuda hard drive dvd cd - writable drive cm storm scout case I have tried trouble shooting programs for the motherboard and video card with no results I have tried resetting the rtc ram I have double checked the power plugs are plugged in properly and making a proper circuit I have taken everything out except the motherboard cpu cpu fan and power supply and still gotten no beeps I have tried changing how the stupid speaker wire connects connecting incorrectly according to the manual and still no freaking beeps I have tried using hdmi and vga cords connected to my tv that supports pc s and a monitor nothing worked cord wise but my old pc worked like a dream when connected to them when talking to tech support for the motherboard they helped me check that it wasn t a grounding issue I have talked to all my pc buddies called tech support and no one can tell me anything i haven t tried or that has worked I have no idea what is wrong I need help I have spent the last two day all day working on this with no clue what is happening nbsp

A:Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

do you have the monitor cable plugged into the GPU or MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-build-everything-powers-like-it-should-except-no-display-at-all-on-monitor.178244/
Relevancy 34.83%

So as a service tech I have had to troubleshoot many a bad power supply or motherboard but here is an error I have not encountered yet The tower time only first Machine the powers up I am troubleshooting is -bit HP compaq dx microtower I dont think it has vista on it any longer but it doesn t get that far When mouse keyboard VGA display and power are plugged in and I press the power button the fans spin up and the machine begins to Machine only powers up the first time power up but nothing comes on the monitor Monitor is on correct input setting and verified to work Also note that there are no addition display chips installed nor have there ever been any So I power it down to verify RAM is seated HDD plugged in all cables and buses are correct and they are but when I press the power button there is no response at all this time no matter what I try I even bypassed the button with another switch in case the relay was bad and no luck So I left work traveled out of town and a week later I come back and give it another try Here s what is strange like a de javu the machine does the same mysterious thing where it powers the first only and no luck the subsequent times It seems the power supply is ok at least enough to power it the first time and the motherboard LED is on Obviously something has gone bad but what could it be has anyone encountered a similar issue nbsp

A:Machine only powers up the first time

Three times actually.

One with a bad set of RAM modules.
The RAM modules were RMA'd. When I tried them in two completely different systems, they somehow locked up the system and removing the motherboard battery was the only way to get the system functioning again, even with the previous modules.

Two with a replacement motherboard.
The motherboard replacement would not boot with an i7-2600K. After calling the vendor they convinced me to try a lower level CPU so that I could flash the BIOS. Since all previous versions of the BIOS that I am currently running support the i7-2600K, I suspect it was a newer BIOS meant for Ivy Bridge support.

Three with a power supply failure.
The power supply failed in the middle of using the PC. During the process of rebooting, the PC would not do anything.

All three times the PC would try to boot but fail. On reboot attempt there would not be any signs of life. After disconnecting the battery and/or removing the power cord, the system would then try and attempt to boot once again. Long story short, it could be a number of things that could be wrong, don't rule any of them out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/machine-only-powers-up-the-first-time.199707/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just bought an HP ENVY h8-1418 Desktop.

I would like to know the best Low Profile graphics card to replace the integrated HD graphics that came with unit. Some important specs listed might help you give me some options I hope:

1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0 for i5 and i7 Ivy Bridge processors, all others Gen 2.0)

Processor: Intel Core i5 3330

TDP: 77W
Operating speed: Up to 3.0 GHz (up to 3.2 GHz turbo)
Number of cores: 4
Socket: LGA 1155
Bus speed: DMI (Direct Media Interface) - 5.0 GT/s
Memory - 8GB

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated graphics (DX11)

Power Supply
Internal 460W (100V-240V)

A:Low profile graphics card options

What is your budget? Also why do you need a low profile card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-profile-graphics-card-options.191192/
Relevancy 34.83%

I am attempting to print in my car from a Lenovo Thinkpad to HP Laserjet P1102w which is all being powered by a 1500 watt power converter that is hardwired to my car battery. However it will only print one page or less before the power converter loses all power and then reboots within 30 seconds. This continues to happen no matter what I do or if I only have printer plugged in. Ideas?!!

A:Printer powers down mid-print

Laser printers use a lot of power, and 1500W is a lot to pull on an AC circuit converting from a car battery. I suspect that the voltage output of the car battery is dropping too low for the DC/AC conversion. Attach a voltmeter to your car battery and watch and see if it drops off during the printing task. Is the engine running (alternator replenishing the battery) at this time? They make car batteries and beefier alternators for people with high end stereo systems in their cars, you may have to go that route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-powers-down-mid-print.189856/
Relevancy 34.4%

The following are the components that are in the build Asus powers computer up build, but won't boot New P P LGA Intel CPU Support Intel I New computer build, powers up but won't boot k Sandy Bridge G Skill F - CL D- GBXM Ram Radeon HD xfx graphics card Basia W PSU GB HDD DVD-RW I m pretty sure that they are all compatible but the issue is when ever i hit the power button it starts up for seconds then the power cuts out but a few seconds later it powers back up LED s on the mobo are on HDD is spinning all fans are going the CPU and Video Card included I swapped the graphics card with a buddy s of mine and it worked fine on his rig The issue that i m experiencing is that it doesnt Boot at all The computer stays powered on but nothing ever goes onto the screen Granted i m a new to building PC s but i think it might be either the Ram or the Mobo any suggestions nbsp

A:New computer build, powers up but won't boot

So when you power up your PC, it starts and then turns off and then back on? So you swapped a GPU with your friend and the PC booted, or what?

Have you overclocked yet?
How many sticks of RAM do you have, 2 or 4? First try only with one stick. If the problem stills persists then swam for the other Stick.

What OS did you install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-build-powers-up-but-wont-boot.171583/
Relevancy 26.66%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 34.83%

Howdy I perused your forums in regards to my issue I decided on, powers off turns 900HD PC Eee then to post because It seems my situation has some slight differences I had to replace a screen on an eee PC HD that was my daughters This laptop has been down and quot lost quot for two years I just found it got a new screen from Ebay and was going to give it as a gift to my niece I replaced the screen and everything looked great I d forgotten Eee PC 900HD powers on, then turns off that I d done a clean install of Factory Windows so I went through the motions with that then proceeded to do Windows Update The first time I tried to do an update it told me quot Error Forbidden quot on the website I clicked around a little tried again failed got frustrated then rebooted Upon rebooting the windows update started to work It did the ActiveX thingy and started downloading the file it needed to use for updating purposes It got to and hung out there for about seconds then BLINK the laptop turns off I was like WTH And tried to turn it back on from the power button It turned on booted up got just past the BIOS and BLINK off it went again When I tried to turn it on again it wouldn t do anything I unplugged it took off the battery plugged it back in and turned it back on It booted to the point where it said windows shut down wrong do you want to safe mode or regular load yadda yadda I picked regular then BLINK off again I took off the keyboard to feel the plate underneath which is over three areas where thermal tape was and it was warm to the touch but not HOT I left the keyboard propped up In the event it was overheating if that mattered and turned on the laptop again This time I went into the BIOS to see what the temperature overheating setting was and could not find that anywhere in the BIOS Yay me I booted back to windows again and it loaded windows I tabbed through a few things all was good - for about minutes BLINK Then I got pissed I opened the laptop again checked the thermal tape Added some artic silver to the warmer squares there were three with thermal tape Don t know what was what cause I didn t check Was too mad closed er back up and tried again She worked for all of minutes this time friggin BLINK again After reading your forums I tried putting the battery back on letting it charge then I was going to try again with just the battery HOWEVER the battery light keeps slowly blinking red and now that I look at it durn near hours later there is NO light on at all After all of this here s the clincher I just installed a backlight inverter and new screen hinges on a Compaq C laptop Just finished it Saturday That dang laptop was doing the same exact thing this past weekend It would shut off then they would have to unplug it then plug it back in to get it to power back on It s resolved itself since then but man What tha cuss is going on Am I touching something on these screens that s shorting them out or something Sorry for the lengthy post but I figure all information is better than part information Thanks folks nbsp

A:Eee PC 900HD powers on, then turns off

Sounds like you've covered bases pretty well. Running the netbook without a battery definitely rules that out. Display issues wouldn't cause that the happen during boot, and essentially it all points towards either overheating of the CPU, or a motherboard issue.

Assuming your fan is working on the CPU heatsink, you can rule that out. So unfortunately it sounds to me like its motherboard related.

Are you confident its not a software issue, and a BSOD during boot up that your experiencing? It sounds hardware related, but worth bearing in mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/eee-pc-900hd-powers-on-then-turns-off.168296/
Relevancy 34.4%

After having contacted Microsoft support for help with Zune software installation I noticed that my computer was running slow during start-up and while on I powered it off and didn t turn it on for about an hour When the laptop is turned on I get the HP splash screen and then goes black The keyboard lights and fan are running correctly Once the computer loads the Windows login the screen turns on again for about seconds and turns off I decided to shine a flashlight against the screen and I noticed that I could see my desktop laptop has a laptop powers on but screen HP turns off fingerprint scanner which allows me to login I connected the laptop via HDMI to my HDTV and was able to view my desktop and the screen came on for about seconds again When I switch between HP laptop screen powers on but turns off the display settings projector duplicate projector only etc the laptop screen turns on for about seconds before turning off This is the first HP laptop screen powers on but turns off time HP laptop screen powers on but turns off the display does this Never had any screen flicker issues or incorrect hibernation shutdowns I really don t believe its a faulty screen and more a computer setting Any help would be great because this is my work and school computer that I can t do without HP HDX running Windows SP -bit Display is an LCD HD p screen nbsp

A:HP laptop screen powers on but turns off

It sounded like your backlight is malfunctioning... or you set the screen resolution that laptop doesn't like at all.

1. Boot safe mode and see if screen stays on. ( It should be, since safe mode runs on 640X480, which it's standard requirement for every computers to start with as generic video driver.)

2. Boot os normally, using flashlight to shine the screen, change the screen resolution to lower, or higher. ( MAKE SURE YOUR DISPLAY REFRESH RATE IS AT 60HZ FOR LCD/LED )

3. Boot the linux live cd, such as ubuntu's live cd, and see if the screen stays on.

4. Keyboard shortcut of changing projector mode, good chance that it's malfunctioning on one output, and you need to switch on two outputs instead of one.
Last question, does your laptop carries the warranty with them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-screen-powers-on-but-turns-off.162887/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello everybody I am trying to build my first PC and I encountered some problems Any help is greatly appreciated Hardware CASE PSU iCAN PE- Mid ATX Case with W Power Supply CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition W Quad Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm HDZ FBGMBOX MOBO Gigabyte GA-MA LMT-S Socket AM AMD G SB Chipset ATI Radeon HD Graphics Dual-Channel DDR Mhz - Channel HD Audio Gigabit LAN x SATA Gb s x USB Micro fan LED nothing CPU New + works else powers build, up, ATX RAM G-Skill GB DDR MHz sticks of ram so GB total VIDEO Asus EAH SILENT DI GD LP ATI Radeon HD Chipset MHz GB Mhz GDDR Dual Display DVI HDMI D-Sub PCI-Express New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works Graphics Card Problem Computer powers up CPU fans spin HDD and CD drives both power up Monitor is a blank screen and power light on the monitor keeps flashing like its sleeping Also there are no beeps What I tried - Made sure motherboard was sitting on pegs properly no short anywhere - Removed the RAM no beeps - Removed the CMOS battery and put it back in no luck - Reseated processor checked for bent pins - Monitor VGA cable works using it right now - Removed Video card and I m using on board VGA now At this point I am fresh out of ideas and I really dont want to think the motherboard or CPU is fried Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you to all responders in advance nbsp

A:New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works

The thing that really sticks out for me is your power supply. If this came with the case be aware that with few exceptions most are junk. And with your hardware list I am highly doubtful you have enough power.

Utilize the following: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Also, did you disable the onboard video in your BIOS since you have a video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-cpu-fan-led-powers-up-nothing-else-works.164546/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys its been years since I been on here but I am stumped I bought a quot new quot motherboard a socket to replace my older My processor is a Celeron D ghz up but on shows screen nothing powers Computer Ram mb video card FX- mb both boards are pretty old fsb and usb yeah This computer are parts from my closet and really want it to work except the board I bought because I thought that was the problem newer Computer shows nothing on screen but powers up board AOPEN AX - older p vxad When I put the computer together I got both of the boards to power on but no screen posting or Computer shows nothing on screen but powers up anything I took out the memory same thing Took out the video card same thing Now I put in a dead P processor and that got hot but same thing powers but no screen that was weird because the Celeron D that works I put in was cold Now this got me thinking maybe these boards are so old they don t support a Celeron D and maybe I have to buy a old pentium could this be the problem nbsp

A:Computer shows nothing on screen but powers up

Friend of mine just had an old graphics card die out, luckily he had onboard video as well to test. No extra agp card laying around?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shows-nothing-on-screen-but-powers-up.161853/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with 2gb ram and Pentium 4 2.80 GhZ. I'm ready buy the Radeon HD 5450 PCI only LP for 94.99. Will this card work for the new games and will it work for Dell Dimension 2400?

Please don't say go buy a gaming computer or buy a gaming console. I don't have money and I need to earn money for better housing. I am buying this card for my son's birthday.

PS: Since I'm new and I can't post the link. It's on NewEgg.

A:Will the Radeon HD 5450 Low Profile PCI only work good on new games?

There would be no problem with the card playing new/old games, given appropriate graphics settings, but I'd be much much more worried about the processor.
You'll want to check with someone else but I would suspect that the powersupply won't be enough either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-radeon-hd-5450-low-profile-pci-only-work-good-on-new-games.163269/
Relevancy 34.4%

Motherboard Asus M A TD AMD Phenom X II SKT GHz AM box Memory x Kingmax GB DDR MHz CL Video Card Gainward GeForce GTX MB -bit DDR HDD Western Digital GB SATA RPM MB Caviar KX III Source HPC- -H S Sirtec Case Antec VSK- Optical Drive Optiarc AD- S Black Bulk Symptoms and other details - It worked at work hours uptime without reset - With an extension of the Carrefour Reset after minutes Restarted it resets again after - seconds Restarted after an half an hour it resets everything back resets/powers bough New computer off/on to - seconds - With a protection strip V-Mark Extension SGE with shock protection Starts without problems Install Windows about restarts for updates After a few minutes monitor is showing windows is shutting down I power up again and now it only stays for a few seconds up then it New bough computer resets/powers off/on shuts down again itself then power up again itself I powering off and remove the cable from PSU After a few hours i start it again without the DVD-drive and it loads the windows I shutdown from windows manually and after minutes it starts by itself just to shutdown again Any suggestions what it might be I would hate to have to bring it to warranty nbsp

A:New bough computer resets/powers off/on

~Your GPU problems are related to this... In fact this post pretty much makes the information regarding your problems impossible given its not even running properly.

I'm closing your other thread to avoid confusion, as this is more important you resolve.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-bough-computer-resets-powers-off-on.163177/
Relevancy 33.11%

A couple of days ago my laptop started powering off suddenly One second it s on and the next no hard drive activity no screen no nothing This happens in an instant and without warning no blue screen Starting yesterday the problem got worse doesn't powers suddenly laptop Mysterious turn off on / - problem After the power cut out I would have Mysterious laptop problem - powers off suddenly / doesn't turn on trouble starting the computer up again Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn t When it did work I sometimes got as far as the Windows login screen When I hit a key to begin typing my password or swiped my finger on the fingerprint scanner the power cut out Today it seems to have gotten even worse Sometimes the startup process doesn t even get as far as the Windows login A couple of times today I pushed Power got the the Windows Startup Error screen selected to resume Windows as normal and bam Power s off Now this gets even more mysterious Sometimes I push the power button after one of these instances and nothing happens Sometimes I push the power button and the power light comes on and then the fan but no hard drive activity Dead Sometimes the computer won t start up at all unless I remove the battery pull the plug wait a few seconds and then try again Even stranger I have the computer on right now It s been on for hours and it s working fine I m afraid to turn it off or put it to sleep because I know it might not start up again If you are thinking overheating is the source of the problem as of right now after being on for hours each of my two processors is running at deg C and deg C which I don t think is very hot I ve been using computers for years and I ve never seen anything like this Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you Specs Sony Vaio VGN-Z US CTO Core Duo P GHz GB DDR GB RPM HDD MB nVidia M GS GPU quot x Windows Ultimate nbsp

A:Mysterious laptop problem - powers off suddenly / doesn't turn on

You say it works when you take the battery out, do you have the AC adapter plugged in, if so it sounds like a battery problem get someone to check your battery out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mysterious-laptop-problem-powers-off-suddenly-doesnt-turn-on.157648/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, in a rush.

I have seen a low profile cpu cooler that can have 2 standard 140 mm fans on it. It extends sideways from the cpu and not up. Good for Q-XPack 2 Apevia MicroATX.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

12johnni

edit: I am doing a X58 Micro in the Case and my friend is doing the same. I got him back from hell (iMacs) when he realised from me how much you can get for how little. With a small $2,000 Australian budget, you can have 1,000W PSU a MicroATX case
i7 950
GTX 580
EVGA X58 Micro SLI
etc. But the cooler has to be under about 8 cm for the Q-XPACK 2. Anyone know the best one?

Thanks!

A:Low profile CPU dual fan

Do what? Most low profile heatsinks only have one fan on them because they are top end mounted, pulling air directly off the heatsink, rather than side mounted. As far as I know, you WON'T find any low profile heatsink with more than 1 fan. I'd love to see one that does (Probably a wedge shaped heatsink...).That and you can't have 140mm fans mounted on the sides if you have an 80mm height restriction, unless they are at an angle. That being said If you know a place online/brick and mortar in Australia you can try finding:

Scythe Big Shuriken SCBSK-1000
COOLER MASTER GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU1-GP (Too big at 87mm, but you could use a smaller height fan and make it work)
EVERCOOL HPK-10025EA

Also, you don't need a 1000w PSU for that hardware, it is a waste of money. You could easily save some money (and possibly internal space) with a 750w PSU with modular cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-profile-cpu-dual-fan.157034/
Relevancy 27.09%

When I try to login to Windows a message is displayed quot Windows can t load the user s profile but has logged on with the login to - system default profile Cannot Windows default system profile Reason insufficient system resources exist to complete the Cannot login to Windows - default system profile requested service quot That isn t the message Cannot login to Windows - default system profile word for Cannot login to Windows - default system profile word because after seconds the message automatically closes Then there is only the cursor which can move and a blue back ground and nothing loads When I press ctr alt delete I get a message saying quot The application failed to initialize properly x d Click on OK to terminate the application quot When I press the power button the laptop goes into hibernation and when it comes out of it I need to re-enter the password so it s not completely dead It s a Compaq nx with Windows XP Pro Sometimes little things change for example this time it showed an message titled quot Parser Message quot but the body of the message failed to load Edit I tried booting into safe mode and it worked the next time I tried booting the laptop normally it worked Why does this happen EDIT but it only worked the one time after booting into safe mode Edit Every time I properly turn off the laptop it can t login the next time but if I hold down the power button it can login next time nbsp

A:Cannot login to Windows - default system profile

The hard drive is probably corrupt... Try formatting and re-installing XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-login-to-windows-default-system-profile.156115/
Relevancy 33.54%

Last night I powered off my laptop, I got into work and powered it on, and to my disliking I discovered that it would turn on, the lit wifi buttons and volume controls would turn on, but the pc would not boot up. To add to the mystery of this the num lock and caps lock lights keep flashing. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with my laptop?

Thanks!

-Stensland

A:HP Pavilion dv4 - 1428dx series laptop, powers on but won't boot

problem resolved, my CPU went bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv4-1428dx-series-laptop-powers-on-but-wont-boot.156671/
Relevancy 34.83%

So my PC was left turn off for months while I was away When I turned it on again for the first time it loaded up and I got to desktop no problem But there was a loud rattling coming from inside it I would guess it was coming from the powersupply but i m not I turned it off later that day I turned it back on and it did not work The power supply comes on all the fans are spinning but there is no signal to the monitor Plugging in a key board and pressing the caps lock key it does not light up telling me no monitor PC signal up, powers but to that its not getting as far as the login screen The only friend I have who knows about computers is long distance I described the problem to him he thinks the power supply is not producing enough power and needs replacing I have checked everything inside to make sure nothing has come lose from it being moved around and it all looks good I m a student and do not have a lot of money to buy parts or PC powers up, but no signal to monitor pay for a shop to fix I m pretty sure its the power supply but just wanted some opinions on what it could be or how I can test to find out whats wrong exactly I don t have another desktop or any spare parts just a laptop Thanks nbsp

A:PC powers up, but no signal to monitor

Hi Aruk, i've had this myself a few times. Most of the time it was my fault for not wiring my pc back together properly but since you say it wasn't touched then it sounds like you're psu might have given up.

If you had a spare to test it you'd be able to see but if thats a no option then all you can do is make sure you're leads are all in correctly ( if you have a graphics card make sure it hasn't poped out of the motherboard slightly ) and then just keep trying matey.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-no-signal-to-monitor.152971/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I have seen and read the posts about computers that just cycle however mine does not do this It turns off then powers normally Computer on on, powers on for about s then turns off for about s then turns back on Computer powers on, off then turns on normally completely normally This is not an issue in itself I was more wondering if it was a sign that something is wrong E GHz stock GHz GB MHz stock MHz x pro MB Gigabyte GA-P -S Huntkey W PSU GB HD This problem only occurs when it hasn t been on for a while e g if I were to turn it off then on in the period of a couple of mins as long as still connected to the mains in that time then it would turn on completely normally This issue also doe not occur if I completely remove the overclock Please not the overclock is Computer powers on, off then turns on normally h Orthos stable cpu temps do not rise above and I don t receive in Computer powers on, off then turns on normally game crashes As I said it is not a major problem in itself I just don t want to be damaging something Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-on-off-then-turns-on-normally.150194/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

A couple of days ago i decided to upgrade some of the hardware inside my computer. I bought a new ram and graphics card , but now the now the powers up but does not boot. Its stuck on a screen which has the manufacture and intel logo. The mouse and keyboard do not work

The computer starts up and then beeps (short) once. I've tried removing other pci cards but its not improved. what could be the problem?

I have a fujitsu siemans scaleo p
Intel Pentium 4HT 2.0ghz
Windows XP Home
1GB RAM
ATI RADEON 9550 AGP 256MB

Thank you in advance
Ash

A:My computer powers up but does not boot

You need to find out what sort of BIOS you have that should help with the beep codes.

Knowing the problems I had inserting memory I would have a really good look to see if they are inserted correctly.

I initially though mine were ok but they were not, it's easy to think they are in properly when they are not.

Try reseating the graphics card too. You could also try without the card to see if it boots (obviously nothing on screen).

Sounds very much like ram problem. I'd put money on it (a small sum anyway - lol).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-powers-up-but-does-not-boot.149901/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 34.4%

Alright... Now I seem to have another problem with my set up. It powers on, all the lights work, fans work... but nothing shows on screen and I don't hear any beeps. I've made sure the system speaker is connected correctly.

Here is a list of everything I have connected.

keyboard

* XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case

* CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

* ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
* AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor Model HDT55TFBGRBOX

* CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
I've disconnected everything else. I even tried both sticks of memory, one at a time.

A:New build - powers on, black screen

start with trouble shooting the "BIG FOUR"
MOBO
RAM
Graphic card
Proccessor

in this case i suggest reset the graphic card and make sure all connections are seated well after that if it dosent work you could fix it by swaping the Graphic card with a different one to determine if its a GC issue .

one question you see black screen ? do you even get to see the bois menu or nothing at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-powers-on-black-screen.148344/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey guys, need a bit of help with something if someone is willing

My friends got a dell computer which is probably around 7-10 years old.

I start it up and it fires for about a second, then just dies. You can hear the monitor react then turn itself off again. The motherboard light is on constantly, but the pc just doesnt boot up. You hear the fans whirring for a second, then nothing.

I thought straight away it's a psu problem, however i put another 450w psu in it from an old computer i have that works, and it does exactly the same thing.

I'm gonna try putting in a 900w psu just to be sure though.....

What do you guys think off the top of your heads without having set up info etc?

Thnx

A:PC powers up for a second. PSU problem?

Is the CPU fan spinning? Could be a power supply issue but if the replacement does the same thing it's probably a different cause. Maybe bad motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-for-a-second-psu-problem.148128/
Relevancy 34.4%

My Toshiba Satellite M65 has been working well for years. This morning it won't boot up. I press the power button and the "power on" indicators light and the fan spins for about six seconds and then it powers off.

The AC adapter light stays lit and the battery indicator is lit a steady green. I removed the battery and same thing on AC only. I removed and reseated the memory cards. Did the same with the HD. Also removed all power and held the power button down for 15 seconds. Also tried booting from CD with HD uninstalled.

My first thought was that the HD had crashed. But I suspect the CMOS battery. Is that likely?

Kamala

A:Toshiba Satellite powers off before booting

CMOS batter is not a likely cause until long after you have replaced the hard drive twice...
I suspect the hard drive or a memory module.
The Toshiba M65 came out in early 2005... and if you have had it for five years, your hard drive is likely worn out.
Open the case plate where the hard drive is stored, and tell us the brand and model of hard drive, memory configuration, and programs you are running.
You may still have a chance to recover data from the old hard drive by putting it into an external USB enclosure.... IF you do not make it worse by trying too many attempts to restart.
A new hard drive can be found at newegg.com, directron.com, ZipZoomFly.com, PCMall.com, CDW.com, Frys.com, TigerDirect.com, TechDepot.com, and many others for $50 to $80 depending on capacity and whether ATA or SATA drive ... the external USB enclosure will cost anywhere from $18 to $35 depending on brand and model.
If you do not have the Toshiba recovery disk set, you will have to order that from Toshiba... cost is about $35 including shipping.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-powers-off-before-booting.146886/
Relevancy 34.4%

I will try to explain everything in detail I bought a new case for my computer Cooler Master HAF I have moved everything from my old case to the new one After I had done that verified that all the wires and cables were connected on for powers turns off then two seconds Computer to their proper places I attempted to turn on the computer The fans drives etc start to spin up but then turn off after seconds Nothing happens afterwards Is it my power supply I didn t switch out any hardware except the fans Computer powers on for two seconds then turns off from my old case to the new one Originally I had Generic case with two mm fans Intel stock fan Corsair TX W Computer powers on for two seconds then turns off power supply sticks of corsair XMS DDR MHz ram totalling gb Two dvd burners A floppy drive ATI Radeon x BFG aegia physx card Hitachi tb hard drive don t remember the exact model Intel Core Quad Q One Vantec Thermoflow Fan One standard Thermaltake fan TT- A Motherboard - EVGA nForce i SLI FTW Now I have A Cooler Master HAF Corsair TX W power supply CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper N sticks of corsair XMS DDR MHz ram totalling gb Two dvd burners A floppy drive ATI Radeon x BFG aegia physx card Hitachi tb hard drive don t remember the exact model Intel Core Quad Q Motherboard - EVGA nForce i SLI FTW The three fans that come with the case two mm fans and one mm --------------------------- As you can see the specs are almost exactly the same Faulty power button I have pushed the power button that is directly on the motherboard but to no avail I have disconnected all the case system chassis fans except the processor fan but it still doesn t work I have disconnected the processor fan ONCE to see what would happen computer turns on for a max of two seconds then turns off processor shouldn t burn out that fast I have disconnected all the optical drives the floppy the hard drive the physx card one at a time doing multiple tests but the problem still exists Now I am thinking that it could be the power supply even though it worked fine before or the cmos battery the motherboard is about a year old If it is a processor problem the computer should still turn on but have a blank screen with a flashing cursor on it if it was totally dead Any suggestions on what could be wrong Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer powers on for two seconds then turns off

When you power on the PC does the CPU fan spin? It's possible the BIOS is shutting the PC down because it thinks the CPU fan isn't running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-on-for-two-seconds-then-turns-off.145517/
Relevancy 34.4%

hi i have an xfx g31 motherboard with an intel core 2 quad processor,4gigs of ram 500gb sata HDD, grafix ati radeon HD5770 1gig and a 500watt superchannel(power supply make) powersupply.My computer kept restarting after about 2 hours..On sunday i turned it on and it restarted and now it powers on but the screen is blank..all fans are working.I tried a new motherboard,i tried a new cpu,i tried a new powersupply nothing works.I took my ram sticks out and there was beeping sound.i took my battery out to reset the bios.i changed my battery and it booted up.but after i shutdown..it went back to the same problem the screen is still blank.any suggestions?what could be wrong?

A:Computer powers on but screen is blank

Problem Solved

Hi, i have solved the problem with my computer.I discovered that it was indeed the motherboard that was faulty.Even though i tried some of the suggested methods of troubleshooting,they were ineffective.I heard beeps when i took out my ram from my computer,so i guess that method of determining the motherboard is fine is not always right.Yes i now have a newer and better motherboard.
Thanks to all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-on-but-screen-is-blank.145639/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey Everyone My name is Luka I m new to the forums and could use some help with a PC I am currently building Specifications - Old Mid-Tower ATX Compaq Case - ASUS powers up, Computer begin Monitor doesn't M A-VM mATX motherboard - AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor Socket AM - OCZ x GB ram - NVidia GeForce GT Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin - Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin BFG Tech ATX v Watt What is the problem After building the entire PC from scratch when I power up the computer everything inside the tower is functioning properly that I can see CPU fan spins system fan spins LED lights on and the HDD LED light flashes in the front determining that data is being processed I think so I believe the computer is fully working EXCEPT once I power up the computer the monitor remains quot quite sleep quot the power button is yellow on the monitor The monitor works with other mobos graphics card works and it just seems that the monitor is just not quot being turned on quot the same time as the computer I tried another monitor with this mobo and the same thing happened I handled the mobo with care so I really highly doubt any damage was done to it does anyone know wat could be wrong EDITED Also I am able to turn off the computer by holding the power button for s EDITED to readdress the problem The VGA on my OnBoard works but the VGA on my Graphics Card doesnt nbsp

A:Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin

I SOLVED IT!

Anyways, so I was doing some more research online and was looking through the mobo manual. Than I read its good to start with only one ram inside(since I had two in) I took one out from A2 DIMM slot and than BAM! it works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-monitor-doesnt-begin.144484/
Relevancy 33.97%

laptop powers on then turns off repeatedly monitor never comes on its a compac presario f700 . periodically monitor will power on and when i manually shut computer down and try to reboot the computer starts acting up trying to power on and off and monitor will not come on

A:Laptop powers on then turns off repeatedly monitor never comes on

power converter issue? check power pack with a known good one.
overheating issue? clean the insides.
also this belongs in the laptop forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-powers-on-then-turns-off-repeatedly-monitor-never-comes-on.140525/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Blackbird that has been running great for almost years Recently I started Powers System Setup Off getting some hard error that causes the system to shutdown When I power back up and use DEL to go into setup mode just after the setup screen appears the system powers off I have been Setup Powers Off System messing around Setup Powers Off System for a week trying all kinds of stuff If i go directly to a boot drive or CD the system comes up and runs fine I have run PC DOctor diagnostics on the running system and boot CD I have tested memory with memtest a and memetest and even replaced all of them with another set Motherboard is a ASUS Striker Extreme with Intel quad at G and Nvidia Ultras in or out of SLI mode Temperature is running C for motherboard and C CPU If I let the system set for days or more everything seems to run OK since I can get into setup mode Any one experince something like this All the water cooling is fine does the guew every losen up on the CPU At my end point can t figure out what is toasted at this point CPU mother board or maybe the PSU Only thing I have changed of the last quarter is Microsoft patches including Vista bit SP and Office If you have a clue thanks in advance Mark nbsp

A:Setup Powers Off System

Replace the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-powers-off-system.138662/
Relevancy 27.95%

What's the best low profile graphics card?

Are any of these good for gaming and HD, which is the best?:
Geforce GT 220 2GB
Gefore 9400GT 2GB
Radeon HD 4650 2GB
Geforce 9400GT 1GB
Radeon HD 1GB HD 4550

and how do they compare to the 8800gts?

Thanks

A:What's the best low profile graphics card?

Look at this article wich is focused on CoDMW2 played at demanding resolutions and you might get the idea about were do these cards stack.

h t t p://w w w .techspot.com/article/219-cod-modern-warfare-2-gpu-performance/page4.html
(remove spaces)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-low-profile-graphics-card.138087/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi All I have a PC which up until a few weeks ago worked fine although every so often the fan would fire up really loud for a minute or two PSU fan This happened last week after using the PC for only - minutes and the PC switched itself off Now when I try to power it back up I get no display on the monitor The monitor is still working as i ve tested with another machine and i ve checked the cables are secure I notice the hard drive light comes on for the first seconds only after powering up and then nothing The DVD and CD drives still open and close so are getting power but the USB ports are not no PC on but up powers display monitor powering any external devices I ve opened up the case and its amazingly dusty the CPU heatsink is covered with dust just below the cooling fan All the boards have a layer of dust on them the machine is around years old Does this mean the PC has maybe overheated due to the dust and fried the motherboard Any advice on what I can do to test correct this would be appreciated Thanks PC powers up but no display on monitor nbsp

A:PC powers up but no display on monitor

"Does this mean the PC has maybe overheated due to the dust and fried the motherboard?"... Carefully clean out as much dust as you can. Do this on the power supply too. The power supply and not the motherboard could be bad. Was the CPU fan running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-no-display-on-monitor.137604/
Relevancy 33.97%

This is a HP Media Center PC m7000. I hit the power button and it starts up but shuts down after 8 seconds. I tried a different power supply but it did the same thing. I removed the motherboard and disconnected all cables except for the P1, the power switch connector and the 12V supply to the motherboard. When the 12V was plugged in and I applied power, the CPU fan barely moves and the supply shuts down after 8 seconds. I removed the CPU from the socket and powered the MB up with the 12V applied and the CPU fan runs quickly and the unit stays up. So now I either have a bad socket for the CPU or a bad CPU. Any way to determine if I have a bad CPU chip before buying a new one?

A:PC powers off after 8 seconds - remove CPU chip and it stays up

Is the CPU heatsink properly installed with thermal compound between the CPU and the heatsink? Do you have the CPU fan properly connected to the motherboard fan header?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-off-after-8-seconds-remove-cpu-chip-and-it-stays-up.137827/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ive got an Acer 7250g and it was working fine until today.When i turn it on i get "User profile service failed the logon" i cant sign in or do anything-help please.

A:User profile service failed the logon

Welcome to Techspot
If you haven't already done so, this may be a grat place to start and get the 'feel' of this forum,
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html
The following link may help solve your login problem,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.133880/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

hi,
I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-6730b-bios-admin-password-problem.132944/
Relevancy 30.1%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 26.66%

Our school is moving from a Workgroup setup to a Domain (Active Directory.) I'm having a problem though. When I set up new users all of their local settings disappear. So now I'm looking for an easy way to migrate User Profiles from the Local User to the new active directory user. I know microsoft has the Active Directory Migration Tool but is that truly the BEST way to do it?? The guide is like 100000 pages long so I'm not even sure if I want to go that route. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-from-workgroup-to-domain-user-profile-migration.131944/
Relevancy 52.46%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 35.26%

I run an online pc game world of warcraft When loading the game my pc would freeze Event manager logged the errors as amp I downloaded ccleaner and fixed the registry errors Problem solved no more crashing Game ran fine for awhile after the fixes to registry were applied Then at an in-game loading screen my pc crashed again Event manager logged the error PC won't boot powers and on Description for the event is as follows Unable to open the Server service Server performance data will not PC powers on and won't boot be returned I wiped an Activex file off the registry with ccleaner and boot the pc game just to see if it works While at the same online loading screen PC powers on and won't boot i always get to my pc froze and it reset itself Pc never booted after reset I manually powered off pc and turned it back on it powers on but wont boot I have x GB sticks of ram ive already swapped them out seeing if one was bad no dice no beep code either if that helps any other ideas nbsp

A:PC powers on and won't boot

hmm.. theres no easy answer to that question, the first thing you should do is to make sure your monitor is properly plugged in, I wonder if it could be a hard drive issue because your computer dosent boot... check out your hard drive and make sure everything is connected properly, all the cables are where they should be cause when I was installing my new PSU, the system wouldnt boot, my solution was that I needed a spare cable from my other power supply to connect to the hard drive cause the two that came with the PSU were put into the CD/DVD drive and another important place that I cant remember cause I was frustrated at the time. If that isnt the solution, then, ill try to think of another cause

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-on-and-wont-boot.131438/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi everyone; I have a dell D630 that I started having problems with about 2 months ago, in the middle of normal functions vertical rows of small green bricks would appear, followed shortly by a crash. Then, I can power it back up but the screen will remain black. It lights up, the pixels are obviously functioning but it is black. Every once in a while it will work again but only for about 1-5 min and the green lines will come back.

This happened shortly after I had it outside during a construction project where it may have gotten some dust in it or something... I am guessing this is relevant?

I have tried blowing everything with a little keyboard cleaner air can, but that is all.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

A:Green lines/bricks, crashes, powers up but no screen display. Dell Latitude D630

Hi bbblades222,
is that onboard video, or a card? the green lines,bricks, etc sound like an overheating problem, most likely vram. also you indicated that you had to recently move your machine, try re-seating your graphic card (if you have one) . and welcome to Techspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-lines-bricks-crashes-powers-up-but-no-screen-display-dell-latitude-d630.130921/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey could somebody look at my minidumps for me? I ran memtest over night with no errors, the crashes are all different I have reseated ram, removed one stick and tried in both slots then removed that stick and tried the other in both slots with the same results. nothing over clocked cleaned my case out reseated vid card and made sure all cables were snug I'm out of ideas short of buying new parts. I have no known goods to fall back on because this is my first pci-e rig. thanks

A:Random bsods, I upped minidumps and my belarc profile

I did not have time to sift through all your information... very complete! Thanks!
I did note, you are running XP SP3

Some of your Errors are summarized below... Suggestions at the bottom.

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)

This is a very common bugcheck.
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
PROCESS_NAME: GoogleUpdate.ex
IMAGE_NAME: sr.sysClick to expand...

Debugging Details: EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
PROCESS_NAME: services.exeClick to expand...

Debugging Details: EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
IMAGE_NAME: win32k.sysClick to expand...

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.exe
IMAGE_NAME: ha20x2k.sysClick to expand...

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)

The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request. This may or may not be due to the caller. The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver.
PROCESS_NAME: pidgin.exeClick to expand...

One of your faulting processes is lotroclient.exe - a game... resource intensive.
One of your faulting processes was an IM client.
One was sr.sys ... which is system restore.
Other pointers are not very helpful (yet).

You say that
1. MEMTEST tested good.
2. nothing over clocked

Have you considered the possibility of Malware/Virus?
If you think this could be a possibility, then check...http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html.
Be sure to follow all the steps carefully.

I only looked at the most recent dumps.
Route44 or others may have additional suggestions, if I overlooked something, or if they find something in other dumps...
I will try to come back and look at this further sometime tomorrow.

Next Day - Further Review of Hardware / Software Report (Belarc)
I notice that you do have Spybot, but I am not seeing your Firewall or AV software.
These are crucial pieces for maintaining a healthy system when connected to the Web.
Unfortunately I see you are also running a Torrent (Filesharing) package. This software will open a hole through your firewall, and leave you fully exposed to whatever nasities are running on those with whom you are sharing files. This means that Filesharing programs introduce a constant threat to your security and stability. Please look at other threads here on Filesharing...

Because you are running torrent software, I would strongly recommend the 8 steps, (link noted above).
Especially since I do not see your av or firewall listed in the Belarc report.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-i-upped-minidumps-and-my-belarc-profile.129068/
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought a INTEL G S FSB DDR MOTHERBOARD OEM to stick in a Dell case as the motherboard went bad I do some searching to find the manual and such only to find out its a Emachines board Didn t like that fact but thought oh well its a cheap board Problem I m having is that it powers on by its self without any atx power switch connected I have tried a different power supplys and same results If I shut the system down by using windows shutdown then it wont start unless I unplug the power supply and wait a minute It briefly starts and stops about seconds later it powers up completely There are no cards installed in the system yet I went into the bios and made sure everything was set correctly Thinking its a bad Motherboard I have never seen a board power itself on with out the atx power switches hooked up with ATX switch powers up connected Computer out to the Computer powers up with out ATX switch connected motherboard So it can t be a case switch as they are not hooked up Any help would be great nbsp

A:Computer powers up with out ATX switch connected

Dell front panels are usually proprietary, it's likely that it isn't working correctly due to incorrect pin to plug pairing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-with-out-atx-switch-connected.125150/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys having a rather odd and frustrating problem I no - PC powers POST on doesn't boot but purchased a new CPU cooler and had to remove the MB to fit it Everything went fine but when I plugged it all back in the PC powered on fans and drives started spining but nothing displayed on the monitor no error beeps either After a bit of screwing around I figured I damaged the MB while PC powers on but doesn't boot - no POST removing fitting the cooler so I went down the road and bought a PC powers on but doesn't boot - no POST new MB Went through the install process of fitting the new board but once again same problem Power but no display monitor light just blinks I tried a different PSU RAM and video card but nothing helped The only thing I haven t changed is the CPU don t have a spare Could the CPU be fried I don t see any scorch marks or smell anything When I insert the CPU without the heatsink I can feel it get hot and then cools when I power the PC down only did for seconds so I don t really fry the CPU To me this quot indicates quot that the CPU is ok or will the CPU continue to heat even if it s dead Any suggestions ideas Oh one odd thing I noticed immediately after fitting the cooler in the original MB was after I powered the PC on the DVD drive made a strange sound and the light blinked I pushed the eject button but it only came out half way and then went back in Never seen that before nbsp

A:PC powers on but doesn't boot - no POST

Have your tried a new MB? maybe somehow if broke something in it. i don't really think your cpu is dead, i have had old processors that i bent pins and dropped and spun around but they still worked when i built older system for family * pins were bent back straight just so everyone know* i would think that something is wrong with your motherboard but thats just me i could be completely wrong. hope you find the problem though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-on-but-doesnt-boot-no-post.121731/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-admin-login.121078/
Relevancy 35.26%

Ok so I have a computer that is powering down by itself It was an Emachine T that Computer powers itself down well went thru a house fire I rebuilt it into a new case but it has the original CPU MoBo HDD and up until recently the original power supply I have added Computer powers itself down an Ethernet card and a sound card Its running Window XP Pro sp I have had it running just fine for about a year now Ok so as i said it started shutting off on its own This just started happening last week So last Friday i replaced the power supply with a watt Antec one Booted up ran fine all week So I thought my problem was fixed Came home today my girl friend hopped on that computer was on it for about sec and it powered off by itself Personally I think its a over heating issue since it Computer powers itself down wont power back on for - minutes after it shuts itself off amp I also leave it running If it was a virus issue I would think you could power it right back on And since I Computer powers itself down just replaced the power supply I m going to guess that s not an issue Also I don t think its a Mobo issue since again I would think I could power it back on after it dies to and at least get fans turning on As it is when I hit the power button on the front it acts like there is NO power to the machine at all So then if it is a over heating issue what do I do to narrow it down to see what needs to be replace Or does its sound like its not an over heating issue Any help would be great and if you need more info let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Computer powers itself down

I'd say PowerSupply again (350 watt you say)

But you could run Memtest on your Ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-itself-down.120841/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.120623/
Relevancy 52.89%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-4870-x2s-run-hot-rivatuner-needs-admin-clearance-to-run.117807/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys just having a really hard time with my computer I just installed a new PSU and i connected it to the PSU that was already powering my system The new one is a Thermaltake Power Express W The other one is a W that was running my computer before i added the new one After installing the new PSU else powers No monitor up - everything signal on I recieve no image to my screen It say quot no signal quot and then goes into sleep mode i believe orange LED Ive tried switching to the onboard video and that doesn t work Ive tried another monitor and that doesnt work Ive also tried using one Ram stick at a time and that doesnt work either I wanted to try taking No signal on monitor - everything else powers up out my quot No signal on monitor - everything else powers up CMOS quot battery but its locked onto my mobo I dont have the cajones to yank on it so im assuming it wont come off Im at a loss of ideas so naturally I come to you Any help would be much appreciated My specs are listed at the top right hand corner thanks for your time nbsp

A:No signal on monitor - everything else powers up

N8T1308 said:

Hey guys just having a really hard time with my computer. I just installed a new PSU and i connected it to the PSU that was already powering my system. The new one is a Thermaltake Power Express 650W. The other one is a 650W that was running my computer before i added the new one. After installing the new PSU I recieve no image to my screen. It say "no signal" and then goes into sleep mode i believe (orange LED).
Ive tried switching to the onboard video and that doesn't work. Ive tried another monitor and that doesnt work. Ive also tried using one Ram stick at a time and that doesnt work either. I wanted to try taking out my "CMOS"??? battery but its locked onto my mobo. I dont have the cajones to yank on it so im assuming it wont come off.
Im at a loss of ideas so naturally I come to you Any help would be much appreciated. My specs are listed at the top right hand corner.
thanks for your time...Click to expand...

What do you mean you've connected it to the PSU that was already in there? Why do you want to have two?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-on-monitor-everything-else-powers-up.115797/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi everyone,

just built a pc, when i plug in the power cord, the pc automatically powers up before i get a chance to switch it on manually from the power button on the front of the case. any ideas guys?

thank you in advance, oshin.

A:PC powers up by itself when plugged in

Power button stuck! Disconnect it and see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-by-itself-when-plugged-in.114896/
Relevancy 51.17%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-chip-location-on-dell-latitude-c840.36272/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,

I recently assembled my first computer and went to turn it on. However, it would power on briefly, maybe 1-2 seconds, and then shut off. I tried taking things out leaving only the necessary but I have not managed to get it to POST. The only time that the computer stays on (defined by all the fans spinning and the sound of the harddrive) is when i unplug my cpu power. Does this mean that the CPU is dead? or is it simply overheating and shutting off before problems arise. Any help is very appreciated.

System Specs:
CPU: Q6600 with Stock Heatsink
Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Motherboard: EVGA Nvidia 680i - A1
VGA: EVGA 8800GTS 640mb
PSU: 700Watt OCZ
RAM: 2gb DDR2-800 Patriot RAM
Harddrive: 320gb Seagate 7200rpm

A:Computer Powers on Briefly then Shuts Down

Have you tried clearing the cmos? Your mobo manual will tell you how to do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-on-briefly-then-shuts-down.89278/
Relevancy 33.97%

I havent had any problems till now with my laptop ACER ASPIRE 5510 untill now.
Last i remember is i was playing a game and it shut down all of a sudden.
So i pressed the on button and it booted up and i could hear the fan and hard drive all working fine but the screen stayed black, i have checked the screen to make sure it wasnt just dim and its not just not working?

Please Help!

Im starting to get annoyed :dead:

A:My Laptop Screen Wont Turn On But It Powers Up

Have you tried connecting an external monitor (how to is in your manual)?

It may well be a component failure like an inverter board since you 'crashed' when it first happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-screen-wont-turn-on-but-it-powers-up.111871/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've got about 15 users who need to be migrated from an old domain to a new domain (company acquisition) on their existing laptops. They want to keep all the normal stuff, My Documents, Desktop, Favorites... but they will be changing email servers.

I've been told to use the Windows File and Settings Transfer Wizard, but I can't get it to work effectively, if at all. Is this the correct tool to accomplish the migration, or is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks all,
Dave

A:Migrating to new domain (Profile migration)

I don't think so. The Profile Migration tool moves a users documents/settings from
one client system to another client system.

The Email settings are there too, but you're moving too much; you only need to edit the settings.

In a Domain Controller / Exchange Srvr environment, you may need to move the
server-side user data, but I'm not sure that the Migration tool addresses that at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-to-new-domain-profile-migration.111188/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all Preface I am building a computer for my girlfriend s mom and today the parts arrived I built my own gaming computer earlier this year and had no problem Before that I hadn computer but doesn't powers up built Newly POST t built a computer for over years The hardware Antec Sonata Designer Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case W Power Supply - Retail ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail XFX PVT SWANG GeForce GS MB MB on board -bit GDDR PCI Express x Low Profile Ready Video Card - Retail AMD Athlon X Brisbane GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO DOBOX - Retail G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNQ - Retail Seagate Barracuda ST Newly built computer powers up but doesn't POST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM I am using an older IDE CD-Drive from an old computer I have but I know this has nothing to do with my issue My problem The computer powers up when I start it but it doesn t post Everything seems to be working fine - the CPU fan case fan hard drive optical drive graphics card PSU are all powered on and there isn t any automatic restarting or shut downs The monitor just displays a blank black screen and the power light is blinking like it is sleeping just as it does when my computer isn t on Also there are no beeps I believe Newly built computer powers up but doesn't POST this means it s not passing the power-on self test What I have tried I am fairly certain I put it together correctly and all of the connections that need to be made are made I have tried taking the motherboard out and re-seating it to make sure it isn t being grounded by anything The motherboard is sitting on the pegs correctly I have surfed forums and online troubleshooting and support for ways to solve the problem One suggested I reset the CMOS by powering off removing the motherboard s battery and moving the jumper over to reset for a few minutes After putting it back and Newly built computer powers up but doesn't POST starting up I still have no luck I removed the ram and tried putting in a couple of working sticks from my own computer using both and then just one but still nothing When I remove the ram all-together and power it up I get a long beep and short beeps - as I expected However still no post I have tried plugging in my GT into the motherboard which is the same exact motherboard I used in my own computer and still it doesn t solve the issue I checked the heat sink fan and re-seated the processor to make sure that is in correctly and that there are no bent pins or anything like that and it still didn t post I have tried to run the computer with the motherboard CPU GFX ram in on cardboard to be absolutely certain that there isn t any grounding happening and the problem persists I know it isn t the monitor or the cable I use to connect the monitor to the computer because it is the same stuff I use on my own computer which I am typing this on right now My ideas I talked to a few of my friends and some of them believe that the motherboard may be DOA One of them had an issue very similar to mine the only difference was that he got a blinking underscore on the top left corner of the screen All the other symptoms were identical to mine He RMA d his motherboard and it solved his problem and he got his POST Before I RMA the motherboard I thought I d do a bit more troubleshooting to determine whether it is in fact a hardware issue or if I am doing something wrong Because of my anxiety about building a successful computer for my girlfriend s mom I will probably be checking every couple of minutes here on this thread so I should be able to respond quickly to any questions that get posted All suggestions and information is greatly greatly appreciated Again any questions or need for further elaboration can be done fairly quickly Thank you TS users in advance for your help -Andrew nbsp

A:Newly built computer powers up but doesn't POST

Wow!

Can everyone post like you?

:grinthumb Excellent Post

By the way, can you try this insy bitsy lil idea

Please unplug the CPU fan, and turn it on
(Note: we're taliking 5 secs here, just to see if it'll work)

Reply back

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-computer-powers-up-but-doesnt-post.109904/
Relevancy 27.09%

Can't figure out what is going on with my MySpace profile. About a week ago, all of the music vids I have on my profile stopped playing. The only exception is one YouTube video which still works. I re-installed a newer version of Active X thinking this might solve the problem. Still does not work.
Interesting though, when I view my profile on a computer other than my own, all of my videos play on my profile.
What do you think the problem may be? Has anyone had the same problem?

A:Can't view music videos on my MySpace profile

Do this:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-view-music-videos-on-my-myspace-profile.109157/
Relevancy 52.89%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude110l-admin-password.51418/
Relevancy 35.26%

OK quick background I am a software developer and have built perhaps systems in my life and this is the first time I have every been this baffled I have come here looking for help Thank you in advance Last week I woke up and walked over to my -month-old dev machine it has worked flawlessly since Dec It was hibernating I moved the mouse then tapped the space bar but the system didn t respond I hit the reset button and the system restarted Here s where the problem is The system comes on stays up for - seconds there are no beeps and it does not post then it shuts down It repeats this over and over until I shut the power supply off Now then before you give any advice here is what I have done I assumed it was the power supply so I have replaced it twice The current PSU is a Antec watt unit I ve tried multiple outlets and a different surge protector but the system still does the same thing Then I assumed it was the Motherboard I first tried a new ATX micro board from down its PC powers own and up on a local shop the system still did the same thing then I ordered a new MoBo from NewEgg The system still does the same thing I had the CPU checked out and it was fine Still I bought a new one just to be safe and the system still does the same thing PC powers down and up on its own I have replaced the video card with one that I know works to prove it I am using it now on this system to post this message The video card swap did nothing- the system still did the same thing I have not tried PC powers down and up on its own new RAM but I took out all the RAM in hopes that it would post with a memory error but the system still does the same thing So basically I am looking at a system with a new motherboard a new CPU a new power supply all connections checked and re-checked a dozen times with and without RAM different video cards hard drives connected but I ve since disconnected those SATA cables as well and still The system comes on stays up for - seconds there are no beeps and it does not post then it shuts down It repeats this over and over until I shut the power supply off Please before I kill myself can someone tell me what is wrong My current specs with all the new crap Intel E Core Duo CPU Gigabyte GA-EP -DS motherboard Ballistix PC RAM gig MSI nVidia GTX video card Antec watt PSU plus a few hard drives and a DVD drive that are not connected nbsp

A:PC powers down and up on its own

Oh, I wanted to add that I have removed the wires going to the front of the PC (the power switch, reset button and HD LED wires), just to make sure those weren't shorting out. I can of course turn the PC on by touching the Power SW pins with a screwdriver...but of course, the system is still exhibiting the same problems as noted above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-down-and-up-on-its-own.107285/
Relevancy 35.26%

first off here are my specifications Antec case W Antec Quattro PSU GTX stock C D E stock powers and off on PC GB ram mhz This problem has been happening sometimes after i PC powers on and off move my pc whether it be turning it on its side moving it in a car etc Basically after ive moved the pc in one way or another and try to turn it back on it will sometimes shut off again after about seconds before the boot screen appears I can fix this usually by tilting the case back on its side shaking it gently etc but it usually takes multiple tries to make it turn on properly again but its really annoying PC powers on and off because im afraid to move it now Note that it is not a hardware issue as when the pc IS on its never suddenly turned off it only happens after i move it my guess is perhaps a short-circuiting issue of some sort but id like an expert opinion on this and perhaps a solution or troubleshooting guide thanks in advance nbsp

A:PC powers on and off

The motherboard is shorting out... Make sure you don't have extra standoffs under the board and make sure it is mounted correctly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-on-and-off.107042/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Thanks,
G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-admin-tools-and-command-prompt-from-terminal-session.103873/
Relevancy 52.46%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on 192.168.0.1
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2
passwords

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping 192.168.0.1
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-router-as-admin-wirelessly.103395/
Relevancy 34.4%

I would like some help with this If anyone know. I have been trying to play games on this emachine. t2825. and after a while it will just click off power and reboot. I have tryed to contact emachine and they say to download the latest driver from ati. but that is not it. HELP. I dont know who else to turn too so I did a search and found this place.

thanks
victoria

A:Computer just powers down and restarts by itselt

Hmmm this is kinda a rare thing but first of all can you give me the specs of the machine?

Have you ever upgraded it?

Try downloading speedfan to monitor the temperatures of your CPU.

Some computers restart when the temperature hits a specific amount in order to protect it from overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-just-powers-down-and-restarts-by-itselt.103144/
Relevancy 51.17%

Greetings,

Computer- Dell Inspiron 8100
Problem- Admin Bios Password

I have tried numoerous things, and in the end seems eeprom is only way to reset this.

I looked and looked, it says under motherboard, yet I never found a "24OC" 4 legged chip on the board to reset.

This cpu is 7 yrs old.

So far no luck fixing this one or my Toshiba and have both been reduced to eeprom reset as only viable option.

TY,

XaNaToS

A:Cant find EEprom on Dell Inspiron 8100 (admin bios pw)

All Dell (and others) BIOS and Admin password removal to this thread only:

--> HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-eeprom-on-dell-inspiron-8100-admin-bios-pw.102977/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all hardware wizards, sorry to take your precious time .

I just purchased HP NC8230 laptop from eBay. It's really great laptop. The laptop not require boot password and so it reaches to windows XP, but unfortunately I discovered that its bios is admin protected, therefore I can't access bios and make any modification. I know that these business laptops have extra bios protection and therefore it's not so easy task to reset their password.

Can someone, that have experience with this kind of laptops, help me? It would be very appreciated.
Ozmaia

A:HP NC8230 laptop Bios Admin Password

read the faqs AND post in the laptop forum. Your answer is already there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nc8230-laptop-bios-admin-password.102649/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all Recently after installing a new radiator in my computer I attempted to turn it on but was unsuccessful I switched off my PSU Computer and standby. powers power in reamin doesn't then monitors on, on Hiper W Type-R and then switched it back on but was once again unsuccessful I then checked all my power connections on my MB P N -E SLI PLUS GPU Palit GT quot Super GB quot and PSU and tried again This time my computer booted successfully only to shut off again a few minutes later Once again my computer would not power on so I again checked all connections and powered it up once more and it booted up again About five minutes later it shut-off and then wouldn t turn on for anything I first suspected a leak might ve sprung and damged my PSU I am using a non-conductive fluid so the only thing that Computer doesn't power on, then powers on and monitors reamin in standby. should be affected in my nearly dust free computer is the PSU right Anyways I checked for leaks and saw felt none I then dug around in my closet until I found a PSU Hipro W to try I plugged that one in pressed the switched and my computer came on but this time my monitors remained in power-save mode I then reseated my RAM x Corsair XMS GB and GPU and tried again but was unsuccessful I then took out my XMS RAM and put in one stick of Corrsair GB value select RAM This was also unhelpful One thing I have noticed is that when I press the power button my case lights and fans all come on Also my HD begins spinning and the water-block on my CPU Intel Pentium D GHz begins to warm-up I am worried because the heatsink on my GPU isn t warming up like usually I do not recieve any BIOS beeps whatsoever Sorry for the long-winded explanation I am just trying to be thourough If anyone needs additional information please contact me I will be very thankful for any suggestions you may have so feel free to contribute Thanks Boba Phett nbsp

A:Computer doesn't power on, then powers on and monitors reamin in standby.

Suggest you go back to basics, and test then add one component at a time.
It appears you have the knowledge to think this through and get it up to speed. You probably have two or three problems which will not make it easy to trouble shoot.
Make sure you are rested, then make a lot of notes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-power-on-then-powers-on-and-monitors-reamin-in-standby.100153/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have Compaq Evo running XP A few boot Powers not up will but weeks ago it started hanging up more frequently than normal with the only solution disconnecting the power Yesterday after restarting I got the DOS script saying that I was having a problem and should consider starting up in safe mode or starting normally and going to a previous restore point When I tried to start normally I went bact to Powers up but will not boot the DOS page On about the third effort to restart all I got was a screen with Cmpaq s name and quot press F for setup press F for network quot Pressing the function keys took me nowhere Only way to proceed Powers up but will not boot was to disconnect the power Further efforts to restart continued to give me the same screen and occasionally just Compaqs name without the note about function keys I put the restore CD that Compaq provides in the D drive and the introductory screen came up advising me that if I wanted to continue it would reformat the hard drive and reinstall the hardware Since that was not my choice yet I started to move the cursor towards the cancel button when it locked up Only alternative was to disconnect the power On one more start I got the introductry screen without the cursor but on subsequent efforts even the introductory screen would not come up Now all I get is the screen with Compaqs name which I assume is part of the boot proceedure I do not get the note about the function keys Fans run lights on the drives flash but no action I disconnected the power to all drives and tried to restart but got the same results Just Compaqs name I assume that this is not a C drive or software problem I am a novice at this game but my guess is that my problem could be associated with the bios chip the power supply memory chips mother board CPU Since I do not have parts to start switching pieces out is there anything that I can do to elimanate some of the above and hopefully locate the problem nbsp

A:Powers up but will not boot

jackk

I'm sorry if I was clear enough in my previous post, but an early symptom was that the machine started in DOS. It has now progressed to a stage well beyond that. When I power up the computer, the fans start, and the HD lights blink, as if something is looking at them. However part of the time I get a black screen, and part of the time I get a black screen with a large orange word saying COMPAQ. I cannot go anywhere from there, or I don't know how to go anywhere from there.

At an earlier stage , the screen with the large orange COMPAQ also had the option of going to setup by pressing F8 or F10, or going to a network boot? by pressing F12. Now this option does not appear. When it did appear earlier in this problem period, pressing the function keys did not produce anything. The machine does nothing except display this one word.The only thing I can do is disconnect the power and try again.

I have put two different disks in the D drive to boot up. As my earlier post said, twice the introductory screen for the Restore disk by Compaq came up briefly, but would not run. It has not come up in the last dozen boots. After your post, I also tried the Windows CD but it was not run or found by the computer. All I get on the monitor is the word Compaq about half of the time. Then the machine produces nothing else, and I have no options except to turn off the power.

I believe that the display of the word Compact, and then the options to go to setup, are in the earliest stages of booting off of the BIOS. My machine is now stopping after the display of the word, and before the display of the setup option. Is this correct? How can I progress further?

Kind of sounds hopeless!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powers-up-but-will-not-boot.100191/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-reset-bios-admin-password.92541/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there fellas I have had my comp for about - years I have never had any problems but this week when I turned it on the screen remained black and said quot no signal quot Obviously there is no output from the graphics card and I have tried a second moniter which also failed Im almost certain that this is a hardware problem When the PC boots up the LED s on the flash card drives and floppy drive are permenently on However when the PC was working these lights would flash briefly and then go off while the boot sequence continued but Pc screen, up its permenently the is there powers on display no black. I have opened the case and turned the power on The CPU fan and PSU fan are both spinning but the fan on the graphics card is not The two DVD drives both work but there is still nothing on the screen Im not sure if the hard-drives have power Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. because they are quite hidden Im am unsure of how to proceed I thought I would seek some advice before physically taking it to a specialist My PC ADVENT T Intel Pentium HT Processor Ghz Motherboard - MS Seagate ST AS GB SATA - HD Seagate ST AS GB SATA - HD DDR Memory - PC x Mb ATi Radeon X Pro Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. Mb PCI Express Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio Azalia Artec DHM-G X DVD-ROM Pioneer DVR- DB DVDRW Thanks for spending the time Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. to read this Any advice whatsoever would be great nbsp

A:Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black.

Hi, I have the exact same issue as yourself. Strange how they have happened at the same time too. So far I aint got anywhere with finding the solution. Will get some info from someone I know tommorrow. Will post here if theres any developments. Hope you could do the same Perhaps we both will get to the bottom of this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-there-is-no-display-on-the-screen-its-permenently-black.98214/
Relevancy 34.4%

Okay here s the issue I have a case For Second Of Will Computer A Up/Powers Only Not Power A Up Fraction that when it powers up the lights and fans spin for a fraction of second if you can even call that spinning and then nothing It Computer Will Not Power Up/Powers Up For Only A Fraction Of A Second s not the PSU I ve tried different PSUs from working computers in all and I duplicate the same thing everytime It s not the motherboard I ve actually replaced the motherboard and I get the exact same issue as I did with the old one It s not the wiring to the switch if I try and trip the power with something metal instead of using the switch the same thing happens I ve tried unplugging the Computer Will Not Power Up/Powers Up For Only A Fraction Of A Second HD and booting same problem unplugging the disc drive and booting same problem unplugging the video card and booting same problem removing the ram and booting same problem I haven t tried it with no CPU yet because I figured even if that was shot I should at least get to POST but considering by this point I am clueless I ll give it a go when I m done posting So yes I have absolutely run out of ideas of what could be wrong if anyone has the smallest idea please let me know The sooner the better and thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:Computer Will Not Power Up/Powers Up For Only A Fraction Of A Second

Also, if this helps, it will only power up for that fraction of second on the first try. Once it does that once I have to kill the power source to even duplicate that effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-power-up-powers-up-for-only-a-fraction-of-a-second.97678/
Relevancy 34.83%

Alright so Im not too knowledgable about the hardware side of things - more into the software side of things Ive got an HP DV laptop that I bought last year that seems to be wanting a rest now I was using it this morning with no ill-effects Grabbed a bite to eat came back - and nothing I had hibernated spin harddrive once Powers on to but - seems only it as usuall when I got up and when I came back the power light was on all the blue lights under the volume buttons and such were lit up but the harddrive was not spinning and the fans were off Not too strange - since it was hibernating but nothing seemed to wake it up So after a while I gave up and turned it off waited Powers on - but harddrive seems to only spin once minutes or so for good measure and turned it back on This time Powers on - but harddrive seems to only spin once the hardrive seemed to make Powers on - but harddrive seems to only spin once an effort - spinning for about a half second or so then shutting off Admittidly I have not tried to troubleshoot it too much on my own out of fear of making things worse so I figured I d see what people with more experience in the area would reccomend Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Powers on - but harddrive seems to only spin once

disconnect the battery, HDD and cdrom from the laptop and turn on the notebook.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powers-on-but-harddrive-seems-to-only-spin-once.94823/
Relevancy 35.26%

Specs are as follows Core Quad Q GB G Skill RAM GeForce GTX MB ASUS P N -E SLI i MoBo So I get this puppy in put it together and power it on Not seconds to a minute in it shuts off no warning At first I thought it was bad connectivity so I checked re-checked Alas no dice then I began testing the RAM and so forth No matter what combo of RAM I use whether it be one stick both or none I get the same result So I test to see if it s the video card sound card everything I can think of I even bought a second PSU but still no dice Also during the connection of the second PSU I forgot the CPU power plug the Pin guy The on, but long. It for powers not PC retained power but wouldn t shut off unless I did so via turning off the PSU And of course it didn t boot at all It powers on lasts It powers on, but not for long. for a minute shuts off No chance for me to install any OS or anything So After I fool with it some more switching things to different slots etc etc I finally make it to the BIOS and see a brief error message Something along the lines of quot System interfered Chassis opened tempered with quot Not sure what all it said because it immediately shut off I ve been dealing with this for days trying loads of things Everything is seemingly fine No signs of overheating or anything Yet it still refuses to cooperate My nerves are shot I have a ton of school work to get done and was hoping this computer would help me in a lot of it Photoshop Maya projects etc I need this guy working before Tuesday and Wednesday Any clue on what my trouble may be Any solutions nbsp

A:It powers on, but not for long.

ensure your ram is on the compatibility list by brand/type. Is your BIOS up to date? Did you break it down to as simple as possible? Ram/mobo/power? Is your cooling sufficient?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/it-powers-on-but-not-for-long.93356/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a small domain setup with a mix of Win K Win XP Windows Mobile and Windows Vista roaming profile Vista <<username>>.v2 folders clients The server is setup with roaming profiles and folder redirection for all users All was working well until you guessed it I added the Vista clients First of all the Vista clients create a new folder called Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders lt lt Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders username gt gt V in the profile store which is annoying but I can cope with however it doesn t copy accross the users settings This means that the user ends up with a blank profile Now some of the information Favorites My Docs and Desktop etc can be linked copied or are not that important but it means that when changes are made to one copy of the profile say wallpaper for example - just for simplicity it is not changed on the other profile as they have seperate registries Does anyone know of a way to get Vista and other clients to use the same profiles -or- does anyone know if Server is going to address this problem I have been looking all day when I could have been getting on with other things and have found no help at all nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-username-v2-roaming-profile-folders.90927/
Relevancy 52.46%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-latitude-640m.89654/
Relevancy 34.83%

the metal conductors that keep the mobo off the case... i screwed several in... some of them didnt have a hole for a screw so its just against the board... could this be causing that problem? grounding the mother board 2 the case? i just thought of it while i was sitting here in college and i have not gotten to test my thoughts.... possible or no?

A:computer powers down after boot up

YES they will cause shorting to the case. Only install standoffs where there are screw holes in the motherboard. A standard ATX motherboard has 5 or 6 mounting holes. This goes for miniATX boards too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-down-after-boot-up.90060/
Relevancy 52.89%

I couln,t find the 24C chip on the Dell XPS M1210 can someone help me so I can use the shorting Method. Help to locate the chip please or anybody knows the password for this laptop XPS M1210
Tag# 7X5GH1-595B

A:ADMIN PASSWORD on Dell XPS M1210

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86309.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-xps-m1210.90205/
Relevancy 26.66%

A friend of mine has the HP Pavilion Slimline s3100n computer. It's a small form-factor motherboard. Has a single PCI-express 16x slot (for a video card). But he's looking to add a 2nd video card to do dual monitor.

I've been looking at the NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS or 8500GT - but I don't think they'll actually fit in this computer (even with a low profile bracket). Can anyone suggest a low profile, small form factor video card that will fit in this little HP computer? Doesn't need to be an over-the-top card....64mb with no fan even works (it's a business use computer - non-gaming, mostly business apps and surfing the web). Thanks in advance.

A:Low-Profile/Small Form Factor Video Card Question

Does this help? - http://www.govconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=5959780

(Found via google.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-profile-small-form-factor-video-card-question.89491/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought a dell inspiron 6400 N series computer from a fellow soldier who left to return to the states. I was planning on using this computer for movie watching and to save pictures on to send to family. I went to turn it on one day after using it for a week and the computer started up to a screen that asked me for an administrator password. I did not receive this password or do not have knowledge of one that was saved. I cannot use this laptop and I was just starting to enjoy it! This was my way to have some down time away from this place. Can someone try and help me please? I tried to email rustam_ but got no reply. I tried to go to different websites but found no help. Someone please help me! I would really appreciate it.

A:Lost Admin Password in IRAQ help Dell6400 Inspiron

I'm assuming this is a windows password we're talking about here, and that you're running XP. If it is asking you for a BIOS password (black screen, white text), then you're probably screwed, unless there is a BIOS reset jumper within easy reach. If not, have fun opening the entire laptop to find it.

If it gets to windows and wants a password, try this:

grab either active password changer (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Active-Password-Changer.shtml)

or

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/)

Follow the instructions closely and there's a good chance one of the two will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-admin-password-in-iraq-help-dell6400-inspiron.89021/
Relevancy 33.97%

alright I m new here and don t know if this is the right place for this question I live away from home and my parents are computer challenged Recently they bought a new printer My little brother installed the computer monitor powers no recieves on signal but printer and got it to work the first night After that the printer stopped working my mom decided to computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal uninstall the old printer and reinstall the new printer It didn t help so my mom decided to restart the computer but when the computer shut down a program was still running the computer started up but the monitor remained on standby My mom tried to computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal restart it again The computer powered up all the fans are running yet the monitor is still on standby My parents computer uses the on-board graphics so there is no videocard to swap I m going back home next week and would like to fix it for them If anyone could give me any ideas on how to fix it I would appreciate it nbsp

A:computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal

You can pick up the basic video card in PCI to test it out.

It is more likely that your mother changed something in bios. Can you try to reset the bios to vertify that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-on-but-monitor-recieves-no-signal.88445/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi to all... im having a little problem today when i got in i turned my computer on but all i got was a big bang . so i cut the power off and opened my computer. i could not smell any burning, so i changed the psu with an old one i have which is 300 watt where as the other one was 650 watt it then powered up and come on but when it gets to the xp loading it just shuts off could any one here help me diagnose this problem..... Thanks

I think my other power supply unit has blown for some reason. because when i use that i get no power.

A:computer powers up and then just shuts off

Not good news - your PSU went bang and took things with it.
Try disconnecting all IDE/SATA drives and take any daughterboards like modems and graphics out. Reboot. One beep is good; power off and now put the boards back (graphics first) and reboot. Keep going until you find out the item with a short in it.
NO beeps is bad and means a fried board. Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-and-then-just-shuts-off.86948/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey all this is a good one and I would so appreciate anyone that can help I d Very New help! POST. No Powers Please desperate! up Custom-PC. fly out to you and shake your hand personally haha I New Custom-PC. Powers up No POST. Please help! Very desperate! ve built this PC over a year ago and been at it off and on ever since I start my pilot training and the PC would be great to run Flight Sim X and would help me greatly Now I m stuck using an old cheap and slow Sempron just to get me online Here goes This is a list of all the parts I ordered a year ago this first time for this pc Memory PQI MB Dual Channel DDR PC MHz x CPU Cooling Fan Thermaltake Golden Orb II Cooler for Intel AMD M B Intel D XBKLKR Socket Motherboard CPU Intel Pentium D gGHz DT FSB Socket Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS MB PCIe w DVI TV-OUT HDD Maxtor GB SATA- G HD MB SATA- G Other various components included a floppy drive dvd-rom drive and a dvd-rw drive The first time I assembled everything using all precautions I had been custom building PCs for years before this and had several successful PCs built for myself and others to this point I went to first up the PC and I got nothing The monitor got a signal and the light on the power button on the monitor would sometimes go from yellow to green and sometimes not I don t recall hearing any beeps and all the fans spun up as well as the HDD amp cd-rom drives had power After several trial and error runs of power-ups nothing changed I was convinced maybe the M B or CPU was defected I called Tiger Direct and they exchanged the M B amp CPU to me for a brand new one of the exact same kind for no cost Great aren t they Connected everything to the new M B amp new CPU and still nothing Same problem Next I thought maybe the stock Power Supply wasn t enough for this great setup I went to Best Buy and purchased a NEO Antec SLI-ready W PS for Connected everything back up and nothing Same problem In the meantime my uncle who works for the DOD in Sacramento CA was visiting He is a computer engineer He examined it and we could not come to an immediate conclusion Granted he did not have any tools or resources with him at the time I then brought it up to a local computer repair shop where they had it for almost months Only to find nothing They couldn t do a thing So I took my un-working new PC back Desperate I ordered a brand new Motherboard and kept the same CPU I ordered a new ASUS P N SLI-ready M B with similiar specs as the Intel one Hooked everything up and fired it up Here s where it gets interesting It worked I actually received a POST Screen and was able to access the BIOS However apparently my CPU Cooling fan wasn t doing the trick I received a warning from the BIOS and the computer would power off to prevent overheating of the CPU Great So I ordered a top-of-the line CPU Cooler don t remember the exact kind off hand the box is in the garage it was well suited though Cost me around New heatsink compount thermal gel and all So I hooked that up and turned it on and back to square one PC did exactly what it did when I first built it nothing Powered up but no display no beeps and no POST And that s where I left off Do you think the M B is shorted Did the CPU overheat Is the Power Supply adequate I m baffled at why it would work I replaced the CPU fan and now nada I had to remove the M B in order to replace the LGA Socket fan Do you think something happened in between there and if so what Please any help on this would be appreciated I d love for this machine which I paid good money for and looked foreward to using for over a year to stop collecting dust and start working Thank you all for your time Matt nbsp

A:New Custom-PC. Powers up No POST. Please help! Very desperate!

gee, you didn't bother to read the no post guide in the guides forum did you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-custom-pc-powers-up-no-post-please-help-very-desperate.85658/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey all this New PC, No Hardware: up, Help!!! POST. PC Powers is a good one and I would so appreciate anyone that can PC Hardware: New PC, Powers up, No POST. Help!!! help I d fly out to you and shake your hand personally haha I ve built this PC over a year ago and been at it off and on ever since I start my pilot training and the PC would be great to run Flight Sim X and would help me greatly Now I m stuck using an old cheap and slow Sempron just to get me online Here goes This is a list of all the parts I ordered a year ago this first time for this pc Memory PQI MB Dual Channel DDR PC MHz x CPU Cooling Fan Thermaltake Golden Orb II Cooler for Intel AMD M B Intel D XBKLKR Socket Motherboard CPU Intel Pentium D gGHz DT FSB Socket Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS MB PCIe w DVI TV-OUT HDD Maxtor GB SATA- G HD MB SATA- G Other various components included a floppy drive dvd-rom drive and a dvd-rw drive The first time I assembled everything using all precautions I had been custom building PCs for years before this and had several successful PCs built for myself and others to this point I went to first up the PC and I got nothing The monitor got a signal and the light on the power button on the monitor would sometimes go from yellow to green and sometimes not I don t recall hearing any beeps and all the fans spun up as well as the HDD amp cd-rom drives had power After several trial and error runs of power-ups nothing changed I was convinced maybe the M B or CPU was defected I called Tiger Direct and they exchanged the M B amp CPU to me for a brand new one of the exact same kind for no cost Great aren t they Connected everything to the new M B amp new CPU and still nothing Same problem Next I thought maybe the stock Power Supply wasn t enough for this great setup I went to Best Buy and purchased a NEO Antec SLI-ready W PS for Connected everything back up and nothing Same problem In the meantime my uncle who works for the DOD in Sacramento CA was visiting He is a computer engineer He examined it and we could not come to an immediate conclusion Granted he did not have any tools or resources with him at the time I then brought it up to a local computer repair shop where they had it for almost months Only to find nothing They couldn t do a thing So I took my un-working new PC back Desperate I ordered a brand new Motherboard and kept the same CPU I ordered a new ASUS P N SLI-ready M B with similiar specs as the Intel one Hooked everything up and fired it up Here s where it gets interesting It worked I actually received a POST Screen and was able to access the BIOS However apparently my CPU Cooling fan wasn t doing the trick I received a warning from the BIOS and the computer would power off to prevent overheating of the CPU Great So I ordered a top-of-the line CPU Cooler don t remember the exact kind off hand the box is in the garage it was well suited though Cost me around New heatsink compount thermal gel and all So I hooked that up and turned it on and back to square one PC did exactly what it did when I first built it nothing Powered up but no display no beeps and no POST And that s where I left off Do you think the M B is shorted Did the CPU overheat Is the Power Supply adequate I m baffled at why it would work I replaced the CPU fan and now nada I had to remove the M B in order to replace the LGA Socket fan Do you think something happened in between there and if so what Please any help on this would be appreciated I d love for this machine which I paid good money for and looked foreward to using for over a year to stop collecting dust and start working Thank you all for your time Matt nbsp

A:PC Hardware: New PC, Powers up, No POST. Help!!!

Depending on which cooling fan you have, sometimes it takes a little tweaking to get it mounted on perfectly straight, make sure all the screws are tightened to the same tightness and not tightened too tight(as this can somethimes bend the board causing poor contact). I often forget to plug in the atx 12v connector(the four pin one usually located near the cpu), so you might want to check on that too. Other than that I really don't know what to tell you besides check over everything carefully. Sorry to hear the bad news, hope i can help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-hardware-new-pc-powers-up-no-post-help.85659/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a video problem where the screen gets scrambled when the LT is barely moved and I have to reboot. That is a seperate issue. But when I push the power button to turn on the LT it powers up for 5 seconds then powers down and will continue to do this until I power it off again.

A:Laptop powers on and off repeatedly

Lt?

I think your computer is overheating. well rather a piece of hardware is . is this a laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-powers-on-and-off-repeatedly.84852/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there,
Im having a problem with my wireless connection. It was working fine for about a month, when suddenly today my connection disconnected. I tried reconnecting to no avail. I kept trying and then this window began popping up when i tried to connect to my linksys: "Another profile is currently being processed. Please try again later." So i tried later... days later... still the same... anyone know what to do? I only have one profile in my setup, so there shouldnt be another profile its trying to connect to.... WHats going on? Anyone know how to fix this so i can get back to connecting to my normal linksys router ?

Thanks

A:Wireless Connection Problem: Another profile being processed

Intel PROSet/Wireless Another profile is being processed

I also receive the same error.

I have been given an Actiontec MI424WR wireless router by Verizon for FiOS. (I had FiOS at my old place with my own Linksys router and never had this problem)

I have tried everything from disabling/enabling radio to killing all processes other then the most critical and the error keeps popping up. Eventually, Intel PROSet appears to being a new search for networks, but the error comes back. Another laptop in my house does NOT get this error.

Since I am able to post this you can guess that I finally got it working, but what fixed it - I have no clue. Don't get happy for me yet, the error will come back as soon as I restart the computer - I'd bet the ranch on that!

Any idyers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-problem-another-profile-being-processed.44506/
Relevancy 52.89%

My dell d620 had its bios passwords set while I was away, either my daughter or my son are responsible, funny they both deny touching my laptop!
I bought it from ebay, and dell, well there are dell of course!

If you might be able to find some time to get my password please Thanx so much!

My service tag#6PPCPC1-595B
Express service code#14614931521

A:Dell D620 Admin/sys Password Help

Boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 before the Windows screen appears. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts, Administrator, and remove the passwords from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-admin-sys-password-help.80925/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok after searching through the forums for simmilar problems wich where simmilar i had to ask this ?? again when i plug in my power cord comp starts up on its own ok heres the kicker it beeps about 3 to 4 times and then does nothing more fans work cd drives work hard drive apears to work but it wont boot cant get into bios or anything, monitor wont even fire up.
I tried removing the little battery in side to reset the Cmos but that did nothin
either still get same results.

Comp is a gateway GT5428
Intel 3.2Ghz dual core
250 gig HD

A:comp powers up when power coed is plugged in BUT!!

The beeps are a beep code, is ut under warranty (i assume not seeing as how your asking for help, bit i figured id ask)
EDIT** is this it? http://www.gateway.com/retail/gt5428.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-powers-up-when-power-coed-is-plugged-in-but.80309/
Relevancy 34.4%

There is no signal to the monitor it powers up and there is the initial beeping sound cd drives HDD and floppy appear to be functioning and all lights and fans work to but Computer no up monitor powers signal fine It doesnt boot up I googled to try and solve the problem and have tried a process of elimination so far I have Checked video card - I replaced with an old one which definately works and still no activity I then thought Computer powers up but no signal to monitor it could be the AGP slot but when I put the original card back i removed the power connections for it and it started beeping so I presume the slot is ok Not sure though Made sure all cables were in correctly - yes Removed CMOS battery and replaced - no difference Memory - removed one stick - no Computer powers up but no signal to monitor difference removed other stick - no difference Checked CPU - seemed to be seated in correctly but removed and replaced anyway again no difference Monitor - monitor screen works as Computer powers up but no signal to monitor it displays no signal when it attempts to boot I m stumped as to what to do next but I think its maybe the processor I m suprised I get no beeps or warnings about it though WHen the GT s power cable are unattached it bleeps like crazy Can anyone help Many thanks Andy SYSTEM SPEC Athlon oc to Asus K N Motherboard GT graphics card gb ram gb HD w PSU nbsp

A:Computer powers up but no signal to monitor

i had exact same problem the other day but i had been messing wif cpu overclocking, maybe you have the same problem? maybe bit to much overclocking?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-but-no-signal-to-monitor.73595/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Rustam

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop off a friend that was moving out of town it was a great deal after a couple of days later i lend it to my brother and he returned it with a message saying "This computer system #2ZJTN91-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password".

Service Tag: 2ZJTN91
Express Code: 6503176693

Can you help?
Thank you.
Ruben

A:Dell Inspiron 1300 admin password problem

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68412.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-admin-password-problem.74199/
Relevancy 46.44%

How remove password BIOS(Admin password & canfigure setup),

A:Admin password & canfigure setup password in BIOS remouver

Turn off computer. Find the battery on the motherboard. Take it out for a couple minutes. Put it back in and restart computer. This should reset cmos and solve your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-canfigure-setup-password-in-bios-remouver.74308/