Windows Support Forum

new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Q: new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have screwed up my daughters laptop whne I was trying to help creat a backup clone with Norton Ghost I put an external hard drive in an enclosure and plugged it into one of the boot ghost crashed won't after Notebook Compaq notebooks USBs I ran Ghost and chose source as Disk which included the C and D drives I selected destination as Disk which was the external enclosure drive I ran ghost clone option which restarts ans runs in DOS It rebooted and came up with the gray Ghost screen but it never got anywhere the hourglass ran forever so I had to power off After powering back on it asks to Restart Norton Ghost Compaq Notebook won't boot after ghost crashed or to Return to Windows without running ghost or Retry I choose Return to Windows and this is where it hangs up It just says quot Returning to Windows quot and never goes anywhere I have to power off and try again and I get the same options and the same thing happens On startup it says it is running PC DOS I do have two options before problem ESC to change boot sequence and F to enter setup I went into Setup and tried to restore defaults Didn't work I believe Ghost still tries to run in the background PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS WITHOUT LOSING MY DAUGHTERS INFO ON HER HARD DRIVE THANK YOU

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-notebook-wont-boot-after-ghost-crashed-332779.html
Relevancy 76.54%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 76.11%

The hinge on my much-loved Notebook has become 'loose'. Can I find repair help locally? Baltimore,  MD area. What is the correct term(s) to use to describe the problem? 

A:TouchSmart Notebook TV notebook swivel hinge repair?

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hp%20service%20center... You can tell them that the hinges are loose 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchSmart-Notebook-TV-notebook-swivel-hinge-repair/td-p/5629497
Relevancy 76.11%

I made a Google notebook to keep the minutes of a meeting my business partners and I held last weekend. I made them all collaborators on the notebook so they could all make any changes or annotations they felt necessary. However, when they go to access this notebook they are prompted for a password.

There is nowhere (at least that I can find) to even choose to password protect the notebook let alone change the password. I'm pretty confused as to what password the notebook could be. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the password to my gmail account, which I don't really want to be handing out. Any ideas on this one gang?

Stink

A:Why do Google notebook collaborators need a password to access the notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-google-notebook-collaborators-need-a-password-to-access-the-notebook.691569/
Relevancy 74.39%

We've got a desktop hooked into a linksys B router, and a notebook that accesses the internet wirelessly thru that router. lately we havent been able to get a decent connection with the notebook, and if we've gotten any at all, it gets dropped soon. is the desktop getting the majority of the bandwidth, which is eliminating the notebook from getting enough? if so, is there anyway to limit the amount that the desktop is getting?

A:Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

What changed from when it was working to now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-desktop-and-notebook-notebook-not-getting-int-connection.398157/
Relevancy 74.39%

My own notebook (Asus EEE PC S101), running Windows XP service pack 3) was twice redirected to an unknown website when I wanted to visit the Guardian newspaper website. I was using IE version 8. Then the notebook froze. When this happened, I had to switch it off without using Cleanup, which I have used safely for a long time. When I had switched it on again, I used Firefox to go to the Techsupport Forum. I followed the instructions to download dds.scr and began running it. Then the notebook froze again. It still tells me "Two logs shall be created on your desktop" Now the cursor does not move any more either. I write this from another notebook, but I cannot create a logfile,m as everything is frozen on my own notebook. Help, please,

Bienh

A:Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Are you able to boot to Safe Mode at all? If you are, try to run DDS from there and when the logs are made please post them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-freezes-notebook-posting-from-other-notebook-691915.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My wife has a two-year-old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

I've tried the hold the power button down for 1 min with the battery out trick to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and think I might need to get her another notebook.

Thanks, Robert

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,I have faced a problem a period ago, but i didn't have time to find someting about it. My USB ports are not working and I have tried nearly everything to solve this issue. I have updated drivers different time, trying to unplug them from the system, but nothing worked.Today I was realy fed up and I tried to reboot the system and to get somehow to BIOS. I found out HP PC Hardware diagnostics UEFI ver. 5.2.4.0 instead.I have started USB Port check, but it was failed.GK742M-761897-MFPWXF-8D0603You can see the code of failure above.Same thing for each USB.Can somebody advice me what to do?Help will be very appreciated.Thank's in advance!Regards,Bogdan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook-usb-problems/td-p/5815930
Relevancy 67.94%

My HP Pavillion Notebook is only 2 years old.  Have been getting a sad face with error message and laptop shuts down and restarts. Doesn't save anything in word document, pdf or excel.  Started making weird noises in class. My 2 year extended warranty on notebook expired 2 weeks ago. Not sure if this is hard drive problems or what? Best Buy wants over $ 200 to do a diagnostic on hard drive. With extended warranty and this amount - I could purchase a new laptop. Only use it for school work - taking notes, etc. Computer was cleaned out in Feb. 2016 with viruses, etc. and updated.  Please help me figure out what is wrong and least amount to fix.  I am a struggling student. Thank you.

A:Notebook Problems

Well struggle to please give us the model number of the laptop. Please. $200 to test the hard drive? And people wonder why I constantly criticize Geek Squad. There are free built in hardware diagnostics we can walk you though but OH we need the model number to provide you specific instructions. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-Problems/td-p/5761942
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm looking to upgrade my Macbook's RAM with 2 x 2GB OCZ "Vista" sticks. I'm a bit hesitant to purchase them given how inexpensive they are (compared to the offerings from Crucial, Kingston, etc.).

Is OCZ infamous for poor quality/reliability? If so, then which manufacturer would you recommend?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ocz-notebook-ram-any-problems.653593/
Relevancy 67.94%

My network card slot in my old compaq m300 notebook has been damaged. Is this part replaceable? The network card got pushed in too far and broke the contact end off the card slot. Cn I buy the slot, disassemble, and replace to get the notebook back up on my wireless network??

Please advise.

Thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

Just bought a new Toshiba Notebook which was working fine until yesterday. Now, I cannot get on the Internet with the wireless connection, programs won't pop up, etc.

Can somebody help?

A:New Notebook Problems

Toshiba has a notebook maximizer that will help to reestablish your connection. If the wireless is "built in" , has it been switched? You could also check your wireless device driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28133/new-notebook-problems/
Relevancy 67.94%

Why are notebooks so difficult problems Notebook to work on I am currently working on a Toshiba -S Notebook problems Celeron running sort of XP home There are some major problems with the Windows system file When you try to boot it up it comes says that Windows was not shut down properly Choose between Safe Mode Safe Mode with networking Safe Mode with Command prompt Last Known Configuration Start Windows normally No matter which one you try it comes back with the same error verbatum Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM Select r at the first screen to repair I changed the boot sequence from BIOS to read CD before HD put in a bootable CD and it says the only way to repair it is basically to re-install the OS I don t really have a problem with doing that however because the owner does not have a rescue CD I used one from a different computer I am waiting for permission from the owner to reinstall the OS but until then I was wondering a few things I was under the impression that rescue CDs do not have the OS on them They basically just point the computer to a hidden partition on the HD to reinstall If that is the case is there a way that i can hook up this laptop to another computer via a router so that the working computer can at least copy the information off the laptop s HD for backup purposes Would I be able to purchase a full version of XP home and use that to repair On all of the computers that I have built well all of them except for one I purchase the full version of XP and I give really sell as it is included with the price it to my client with the computer If I was to purchase a full version then I should be able to use the license code that is on the sticker placed on the computer right In that case I would not really be losing out because I could still use the license code for my next client I am under the impression that the files are missing due to viruses In this case it may just be better to just wipe it clean I just wanted some options for my client Thanks for your opinions and suggestions

A:Notebook problems

Would I be able to purchase a full version of XP home and use that to repair? On all of the computers that I have built (well, all of them except for one), I purchase the full version of XP, and I give (really sell as it is included with the price) it to my client with the computer. If I was to purchase a full version, then I should be able to use the license code that is on the sticker placed on the computer, right?As long as you are reinstalling the same version of XP as was on the machine (Home vs Pro) then yes, you can do that. After installing the OS, change the COA number to the number licensed to the laptop. Procedure here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4362/notebook-problems/
Relevancy 67.94%

RE: HP Pavilion Notebook ze5170 Windows XP
Three problems:
(1) My laptop (with AC plugged in) will totally shut off on its own, no warning.
(2) Long before this started happening, the screen started going black, usually when the screen is moved backward or forward.
(3) The Restart feature no longer works; I have to Turn Off the computer and then turn it on manually.

Help with any three of these would be appreciated, although #1 is primary.

A:HP Notebook with Three Problems

Hi and welcome

(1) Could be a number of issues, but more than likely overheating. A bad hard drive should FREEZE the computer, not shut it down. Other possibility would be a lose AC connector on the laptop which means it would be “without power” if the battery is also discharged. Another possibility would be a bad motherboard, which could shutdown the PC but would more than likely FREEZE it also.

(2) Bad cable in the LCD display; possibly loose, broken, or caught in the hinges.

(3) More than likely something software related. I would fix problem 1 & 2 before going into that too much.

Thanks!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook-with-three-problems.635303/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a CompUSA PC AmeriPro PII and I m having problems with a DVD-Rom that use to work but recently stopped After hours of looking at this thing I think I have narrowed down the problem I am fortunate I think to have of Problems Notebook DVD these systems with the same setup so I am able to compare one system to the other By doing this I have found Windows on one Notebook DVD Problems system does not have the secondary IDE controller installed while the other does I know this is why I can t see the Notebook DVD Problems drive in Windows but why wouldn t I be able to see it in dos I also compared all Bios settings and ensured that they were the same including the Bios version While in the Bios I noticed that secondary master and slave were both set to auto I assuming that since the other is set the same way and works that the computer automatically recognizes the drive type But I also tried to set the secondary master to CDROM thinking that I would force it find a CDROM and my problems would be over But of coarse no luck Another thought would be that the drive was bad so I installed another one and still no luck I m dreading the thought that the controller is bad but would like someone to help determine that being true or false Any ideas nbsp

A:Notebook DVD Problems

What happens if you take the bad drive and put it on the working computer, does it work or fail

I no nothing about notebooks, never had one, but I would suspect a bad connection somewhere. If windows was recognizing the drive it would reinstall the secondary ide controller on reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-dvd-problems.53087/
Relevancy 67.08%

wave new notebook display problems hp to your boards via search i rarely have any problems that i cant fix but this one has me stumped i had just installed a hp notebook display problems fresh quot HDD to a HP pavillion zt notebook everything is working perfectly with one major exception hp notebook display problems I will be browsing hp notebook display problems either the internet or windows explorer and my display will go black as if i push on the peg that automatically shuts off the display the peg that shuts off the display if the notebook is closed shut when it goes out i simply hit that peg and the display will come back on sometimes either that or the notebook will go into standby mode and even sometimes when i try to bring the notebook out of standby mode it will restart i m stumped i have just recently re-installed the display dirver quot S Savage ProDDR quot for the tenth time and upon reading almost everywhere i have re-installed the factory driver settings as well i know that it s not a power setting cause i ve eliminated that possibility by adjusting the power settings so it won t happen so far after about min of re-installing all of the drivers the display hasn t shut off but just in case my fix didnt happen it would be good to get some feedback on how to fix it and i would love to know why this happened in the first place for future reference thanks for any help mike grinthumb WinXP Pro SP intel pentium GHz MB Ram nbsp

A:hp notebook display problems

the s3 graphics you have are integrated into the motherboard and this means you dont have a video card, which will cause a lack of performance. your display settings might have been higher than the maximum for your screen. refresh rate, resolution, etc might have worked for a bit thne shut down. this stuff im telling you might not be right, so i hope one of the veterans replies to this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-notebook-display-problems.23292/
Relevancy 67.08%

Whenever I use the wordpad or notebook and even while typing on here the words don't show up until the last word is there.I noticed on wordpad that the curser would move then two letters would pop up at one time. This is making typing real slow. I first noticed the problem on yahoo messenger, very slow typing. But then I used the wordpad program and noticed it there too. I deleted instant messenger and reloaded the newest one.And the problem seemed to be gone . Then it was back. I have ran virus detection and found no viruses. So this seems like a windows problem. I'm running win98 2nd edition on a NEC GT 200 ,450mhz.

A:wordpad and notebook problems

Assuming your virus defs were up to date, an intermittent fault could indicate a driver problem or a keyboard failure.
Have you tried swapping out the keyboard for another from a friend/colleague?
To check a driver fault, you could delete the keyboard entry in Device Manager and then reboot so Windows re-finds it and installs the driver again.

Just my odd thoughts...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wordpad-and-notebook-problems.74125/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Toshiba - Satellite A100-(PSAA5A). It is capable of taking 2 sticks of RAM 1G each. Though when I put 1G of RAM in each slot the PC will crash. Each stick of RAM appears to be good cause used alone in either slot, works fine. Even a 1G and a 512 will work together. But as soon as I put 1G in each slot it crashes.

Both sticks of RAM are Kingston 1G PC2 - 5300 CL5 200 - Pin SODIMM

Any reason why this is doing this?

Thanks..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-problems-in-satellite-notebook.656010/
Relevancy 67.08%

I've got an HP dv5000 notebook with some weird HD problems I've never seen before and maybe someone can offer me a suggestion.. It will boot to the XP boot menu where you can choose safe mode, normal etc. When I choose safe it will start loading the drivers and at some point quickly flash a BSOD and reboot. OK So I thought boot up an XP boot disk and try a repair or chkdsk. Well when I do that XP setup tells me that no hard drives exist. Bios has a built in hard drive diagnostic utility and that does nothing and craps out. At this point I'm ready to trash the HD but I'm still wondering why does it partially boot??

A:Weird HD Problems on Notebook

99 percent of the time, I would say your hard drive is defective... probably the first four sectors have peeled.
It is not really "partially booting" in the way that you imagine, but is rather part of HP's system for handling the boot process. The BSOD is your clue.
Do not mess with it further, if you have valuable data on the drive, as it is perhaps still possible to rescue data while jumpered as a slave. But I doubt the drive will ever work again. The more you mess with it, the greater your risk of recovering valuable data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-hd-problems-on-notebook.82440/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a HP15-G023ne notebook which is just two years old.  The PC will not run off of the battery, only on average power.  When plugged in it shows as 'not charging' and power light flashes..  but when I run battery check in HP assist it passes the test and says battery is fine. what could cause this???  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-power-problems/td-p/5839935
Relevancy 67.08%

The computer is an HP Pavilion ze us Athlon XP MB RAM Integrated ATI Graphics M Windows XP SP There are a number of problems Start up problems Sometimes when the system is turned on the hard drive will not spin the fans and monitor will not turn on but the LEDs on the keyboard are activated It often takes several attempts to get the system to actually boot to windows Random crashes - sometimes the system will last for days but usually it will crash seemingly randomly within a few hours Often it will end up in the state described in Input failure - The mouse will begin to jump across the screen when the touchpad is used the keyboard will function and HP notebook (crashes problems more) incorrectly press and get a for example and all other buttons volume will be non-functional with the exception of power Some other information The cd drive is broken I HP notebook problems (crashes and more) am uncertain as to whether this is a problem with the drive or something else It spins up at boot but is nerver detected There is no floppy drive either so running memory tests may prove difficult This computer has been used for parts ever since this problem appeared a few years ago As such the hard drive has been replaced as has the cd drive with another perhaps nonfunctional drive The battery also does not hold a charge for much longer than minutes Has anyone encountered anything like this before Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:HP notebook problems (crashes and more)

Just trashed one the same model for the symptoms of problem 1, which were permanent and not intermittent.

Have another here with the intermittent problems in #1, the owner did the sensible thing and bought a new one.

There is nothing that I could determine here by thorough testing including disassembly, seems like a motherboard issue. That means its uneconomic for a laptop of that age, in my view.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook-problems-crashes-and-more.475155/
Relevancy 67.08%

Thanks for dropping by as you will see from my questions I don t know much about computers I have questions concerning my notebook computer and I would appreciate anyone on Need my problems? notebook help urgent s help on my questions Thanks in Need urgent help on my notebook problems? advance I have a fujitzu lifebook c notebook herz pentium GB mbram - I recently have windows installed and it is running very slow could I speed it up by upgrading the memory from to - What is the minimum system requirement for operationg windows - Since the windows is running so slow I want to reinstall win but the message I am getting is that I need to Need urgent help on my notebook problems? get out of windows and run install from DOS But how to you get to DOS without getting into windows -Since I am so desperate I am even considering deleting the whole harddrive and reinstall win that way How do you format the harddrive and would windows have system drivers for Fujizu included I have lost the system driver CD please help nbsp

A:Need urgent help on my notebook problems?

Yes, an increase in memory will make win2k run both smoother and speed-up performance. If you want to re-install win98, you should reformat and reload win98 from the cd. If you need help with the reformat, post back and I will try to help you through it. I may be off line for awhile I am having problems with a new motherboard and processor that I installed last night.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-urgent-help-on-my-notebook-problems.47612/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Gateway Notebook.
It's almost 1 year old.

I have 4 USB Ports. Up until yesterday they all worked.
I tried to install ATI Wonder TV Tuner Card.

It didn't recognize the USB Port. I've had a logitech wireless mouse plugged in
for several months. Now it doesn't recognize it.

I tried plugging it into all the ports and the notebook acts like nothing was
plugged in.

Any suggestions???

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello, recently my wifi stopped coming on, i tried disabling and reenabling the driver but the problems remains. bluetooth continues to work but wifi remains off and doesnt come on. when i try to put it on by clicking, the light on the keyboard begins to blink. i downloaded the another adpter (LAN atheros 10.0.0.285_W81X64) but the problem persists. please I need assistance.   StanleyNigeria

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-635-notebook-problems-with-wifi/td-p/5722894
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an Acer Aspire Notebook I bought two years ago. I had this problem once, under warranty, which was fixed by Acer. Now it has happened again and I don't know what to do...

When I turn it on, the screen may stay black, it may go through the 'check program', it may start displaying a screen saver, or...
like it usually does...
the computer will go to the login screen, but the touchpad or keyboard will be completely unresponsive. I can't move the mouse, I can't type my password in, I can't do ANYTHING....

SO... What's going on with it?? Is there something I can do?? This is my only computer, so please help...
Thank you,
My (email is at) email removed

A:Help! Acer notebook problems

2 year old Acer laptop out of warranty and a repeat mis-performer.

Check the cooling vents are CLEAN! I mean REALLY CLEAN! Suck the crud out with a vaccuum cleaner.

Contact Acer, ask them what they did (you'll obviously have the references).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-acer-notebook-problems.115181/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Sony Viao model PCG-FRV notebook and recently had an incident when water fell out of a large mug notebook with problems drivers and spilled on the computer It ceased working for about a notebook problems with drivers month altogether Then when it finally worked after almost giving in to sending it to a shop It would run with a lot of problems and the startup time was incredibly long I figured it had driver software problems so i picked up a copy of win xp pro and reinstalled windows it worked great with the exception of a loss of speed the integrated video adapter refuses to play any games and the DVD drive reads only as a cd drive I can understand that there is a connection to the water damage in this insance but there must be some thing i can do to restore what i can without sending it in i visited the manufacturer of the dvd drive qsi and they claim to have a driver thats perfect but when i downloaded it it did notebook problems with drivers nothing I need some sujestions on what i might need to do Working drivers and any hardware solutions would be ahuge help Thanks -Rick nbsp

A:notebook problems with drivers

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

I have a customer with a dell laptop that did the samething.
Most laptops are not that hard to take a part.
I had her pull the battery and any panels on the bottom, then
pull the top keyboard panel. Using compressed air to blow water/liquid
out as best as possible. Then leave it to dry naturally, 1 1/2wks.
Her system survived.

In your case, since you've given your laptop suffecient time to dry out.
I would have you disasemble the same way (as far down as you can).
Pull the ram, video, dvd, hdd, cpu etc. if you can.
Get some contact cleaner and canned air, comes in an aerosol can.
You'll want to use them simultainiously to clean and dry all surfaces and contacts.

This can and does work, however on a dificulty scale of 1 to 10,
10=hardest, this is an 8 1/2.
The fall back failure is any short outs your system got at the time of spill,
that may have damaged some thing. Water is not the greatest conductor
but it can short circut things.

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-problems-with-drivers.35275/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi folks i got an asus laptop/notebook from my grandaughter other day but i`m not to clued up with computers and she cant remember the password for it the only thing it says below where i try to log in it says "HINT- Name and birthday " but weve tried everything and it still wont come up correct password `i would be greatfull to anyone who can help me here as i havent a clue ,one thing i tried was pressing the F9 button as someone told me to try it but it didnt make any difference thank you ...

A:Asus laptop/notebook problems

Well, you're in a difficult situation. If the Password Hint doesn't ring any bells for you, then according to forum rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Perhaps your gran-daughter will hopefully recall the password later. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587243/asus-laptopnotebook-problems/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all,

I have this strange problem for few weeks.

When I start my computer with AC power supply connected, I sometime here after a mintue or two some two beeps, and the computer switches from the AC to the battery, and then again to the AC power after few seconds. Sometimes i can also hear some weak "clicks" in the few seconds the computer is disconnected from the AC power.

I also had few cases in the recent days, when I turned on the computers, and the screen looks like random noise, and the comptuer did not reacted. I turn it off, then on, and it was OK.

Three weeks ago, my network card stopped working ok.

Does it all make any sense?

The notebooks is IBM R40.
PC doctors diagnostics on the motherboard, memory passed ok.

Thanks.

A:Strange power problems, ibm notebook R40

remove the battery and see if the computer runs without problems on the AC adapter. If it does, you are going to need a new battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-power-problems-ibm-notebook-r40.83164/
Relevancy 66.65%

my notebook gets hot very fast and the hotter the slower it runs almost to a crawl!! it has been repaired once by compaq and is still under warranty. i have heard compaq is having problems solving this one help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 66.65%

I m having a Adapter problems. Wireless Notebook problem with my Wireless Notebook Adapter D-Link DWL-G Version E Wireless Notebook Adapter problems. and I m running windows XP Seems whenever I plug it in it crashes my pc to the blue death screen with in a few minutes Sometimes if I m lucky minutes So I m guessing this is a driver problem with the error message in the blue screen being DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and below the STOP there being rt sys which I know is related to the adapter I tried updating the driver which there isn t an update for Seems the manufacture Wireless Notebook Adapter problems. has the same driver which I have already I ve tried uninstalling the adapter and reinstalled it But nothing seems to help I m wondering if maybe my adapter has died and I should replace it It s been working fine for over a year now and I haven t made any changes that I m aware of The pc had been off for a few days and when I started it up this started happening I don t have a nd notebook adapter to try but I can get online the wired way using the eithernet which is a quick fix but not convenient Any suggestions Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there having searched Notebook set Dual problems. Monitor up the internet for many months I thought I better give this place ago I'm having a bit of problem with my set up I'm running a dual monitor system using my notebooks display and standard VGA monitor It all works great until I close my laptops lid The display on my secondary monitor now switches to the primary and I lose what I was doing on the secondary like watching a film on Notebook Dual Monitor set up problems. media player When I re-open the lid the system hangs for a few seconds and then displays my primary desktop on both monitors This as you could imagine is very annoying I have a similar set up using a XP based notebook when I close the lid the secondary display stays how it should do I open the lid and with no quot flickering quot or system hanging the primary monitor lights up exactly how it was So is there away of configuring exactly what happens when I close the lid of my vista based notebook Thank you for your time Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

A:Notebook Dual Monitor set up problems.

we would need a little more info on the unit. EG what video card the laptop is using (ATI, etc)

It most likely has to do with the monitor settings. (which may have to be configured through the companys software, why i asked about if it was ATI, etc). When it is open, it thinks the laptop screen is the primary, and the other is secondary. When you close the lid, it is thinking that the primary is no longer there, and choosing the secondary as the primary now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/notebook-dual-monitor-set-up-problems-214773.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all I have the following troubles with my HP Envy -j sg Notebook nbsp There are two disks installed a GB mSATA SSD which the OS should be on it nbsp and a GB SATA nbsp SSD for data A few days ago i did a BIOS-Update nbsp from F with - o... RAID-Problems - SSD starting not OS Notebook second to F sp to sp nbsp and since that time nothing works anymore i will never do this again During the BIOS-update an error Notebook not starting with second SSD - RAID-Problems - OS o... occured and the old BIOS was restored automatically My PC only started with the Message non-RAID volume After long research and many tries to fix that nothing worked and i decided to Notebook not starting with second SSD - RAID-Problems - OS o... setup nbsp a fresh nbsp Windows OS All data is lost but i thankfully did a backup a week ago I removed my GB SATA SSD and installed Windows on the mSATA SSD without EFI and legacy Support on Everything worked fine so i installed the BIOS-update F Finally the GB SATA SSD Notebook not starting with second SSD - RAID-Problems - OS o... was re-mounted and ever since the Notebook always trys to boot from the empty GB SATA SSD I tried every combination UEFI installation create a new RAID with both SSDs legacy support on off There are only things which worked remove the SATA SSD and install Windows on the mSATAinstall Windows on the SATA the RAID-menu pops up short and then Windows is starting Beause the mSATA SSD has more space and is much faster i want to install the OS on this drive Before the fatal nbsp BIOS-update nbsp i was able to install the OS on the mSATA SSD without problems though the SATA SSD was connected In the past i had similar issues after a BIOS-Update or booting from external medias but with a not replicable combination of updating to the old BIOS F with automatic restoring after failure and removing adding the SATA SSD the OS started and no problems occured any more I tried to install the old BIOS-Version but the installation-client is unable to install it any more direct update not possible this BIOS update is not compatible with this device and installation via USB not possible because all EFI-files which was created from the client are not bootable and there are no options to boot them from my System Diagnostic settings Finally my questions Why is the Envy not booting from the mSATA SSD when a SATA SSD is connected How can i solve this Why is there such a strange behavior that it worked former when i install the failing old BIOS update How can i install the old BIOS update in my case if nothing from above works Thank you for your help in advance Florian

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Notebook-not-starting-with-second-SSD-RAID-Problems-OS-on/td-p/5726842
Relevancy 66.65%

Well I didn t know where to post this because I have a feeling that it s a number of problems that s crippling my laptop It s a Compaq Presario V TX ghz dual core Multitude problems with compaq a of notebook gig ram and gig hd The rest I can t tell you because I have no idea where to look I also have a cell lithium battery which I m not sure is part Multitude of problems with a compaq notebook of the problem So what s going on is I bought this thing in September I believe it was in February that I had what appeared to be a RTC battery failure HP sent me a new one and that did not fix the problem I sent my laptop to them for repair and I had to have my system board replaced Not only that but it also turned out that there appeared to be so much heat that my bottom panel had begun to warp and my battery release had fused to the point where I could not release the battery When I got it back I began having this weird problem Every so often all processing stops I can open the start menu but can t click on anything to open it I can open up firefox and or ie but trying to go anywhere results in me ending up with the page being blank and quot done quot on the status bar At first I thought it was a heating issue so I changed the way I used my laptop No more sitting with it rested on a pillow in my lap I always have it sitting on a portable table or my desk Since my battery is so large it leaves the laptop with the back area elevated This helped for a while but then I began having the same issue whether or not my laptop was too hot The ONLY way to make it work again is to restart my machine Letting it go into standby by closing the lid did not help And finally I ve gotten two blue screens Windows restarts itself way before I can finish reading it As far as I can get is quot Windows has encountered an error and must restart If this is your first time seeing this message quot I tried checking the event viewer but I really don t know what I m looking for as far as an error is concerned I guess it s important to mention that shortly before I began getting the blue screens I had to roll back windows media player from to so my stupid Creative Zen MicroPhoto would actually be recognized by windows I m not sure if this has angered the sentient and sickly being that my laptop is So I guess my question is what s causing these problems I think it s stupid that I ve had to send in a laptop that s under a year old back to HP three times only to be told that it s fine nbsp

A:Multitude of problems with a compaq notebook

If your laptop is covered by a warranty, use HP for support. Perhaps the tech will decide that laptop is a lemon or it is no longer repairable.

If the Events Viewer log has reports preceding the crash/hang, that type of info influences how to attack the problem.

This post in 'Guides & Solved Issues' is a general approach to follow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multitude-of-problems-with-a-compaq-notebook.103240/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi!

So I'm having problems installing Windows XP on my HP laptop.

Thew windows setups says that it can't find a hdd?! -same **** that the bios says

The only little thingy with it is that the laptop can boot from the hdd with vista...so why
can't it find the hdd?!

I have tried with an other hdd and there is still the same problem :/

So what to do?

A:Problems installing windows on HP 530 Notebook PC

Try resetting the bios to its default settings, or even try a bios update, using a USB stick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-windows-on-hp-530-notebook-pc.145287/
Relevancy 66.65%

i have a toshiba a100 notebook, 2 GB ram, 1.6 GHZ, Windows Vista

and whenever i try to make the laptop go to sleep, like pressing the power button or closing the lid, it freezes.

i don't know what is wrong.

i searched for viruses, did registry check and disc checked and everything says that it is ok, but it still freezes.

can someone help me with this?

Relevancy 66.65%

My Gateway Notebook suddenly started having problems and wouldn't shut down without removing the battery and power source. When restarted, the boot screen hung up on the Windows XP screen and never loads completely. Eventually the screen goes black.0053f85c).

System then went to blue screen with the following:
STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x7e729c69 0x0053f85c)
the system has been shut down.

A:Gateway Notebook Boot Problems

Hello gjtabor

Here are a couple of thing to try

Boot into the Safe Mode Options Screen and select
Last Known Good Configuration

If that does not work, boot back to that same screen and select
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-notebook-boot-problems-355534.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi weeks ago I bought the new HP Pavillion dv ea notebook which problems Pavillion notebook dv957ea HP has been giving me a nightmare of a time with numerous bugs For example I have had HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook problems to reinstall vista three times My problems now are The HEADPHONE SOCKETS do not work Only the speakers work Even HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook problems when I put a working set of headphones which are the right size I cannot hear anything through the hearphones The speakers however keep working as normal although they should switch off when the headphones are plugged in I cannot load SKYPE it says skype exe is not a valid win application I cannot view ALL folders on windows explorer For example I cannot see win folder It seems sensitive folders cannot be viewed Is there a way round that I cannot print on a network printer The network printer is hosted by a PC running on windows XP but my laptop is on Vista When I try to add a printer it simply does not recognise the host computer s name Before with my old PC running on XP I did not have this issue Any way to fix this Many thanks for any help on the above Best wishes Florian PS By the way I highly recommend NOT buying this laptop Many problems have popped up for example one of the hard drives is already broken nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv957ea-notebook-problems.619917/
Relevancy 66.65%

My Toshiba laptop was attacked by a Trojan three weeks ago After trying everything I knew to do and everything anyone I knew suggested it still wasn t back to normal I used the recovery CD that came with the computer to reformat the drive Problems Reformat Notebook Toshiba and re-install Windows When I reformatted I un-partitioned the drive Then I updated Windows Afterward I installed my security software updated it ran it then installed Norton System works on the reboot after installation Windows would not boot up and I had to Toshiba Notebook Reformat Problems start all over with the reformat After the second reformat I re-installed my security software updated it ran it then installed Norton System works then began installing other software At one point the dreaded quot Blue Screen quot appeared and did that dumping thing The computer is still running slowly and it can t go on standby because it says there is a drive conflict with quot Toshiba Software Modem Driver quot - - I have tried unsuccessfully to Toshiba Notebook Reformat Problems get assistance from Toshiba neither can I find an updated driver that seems to fit the error message and of course the device manager claims the device is working properly Oh well Also I can t get CDs to autorun although that function is turned on One last question what do you think is the best spyware virus program I have Norton SpySweeper and Adaware Plus and I still got a Trojan Thanks for any input nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

whenever I try and play games that require 3D, my notebook sometimes kicks back to the desktop and minimizes the game, or it plays the game with washed out colours.

I think i have all the drivers installed. I have an ATI mobility radeon graphics adapter.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Dayne

Relevancy 66.65%

Info:

Dell XPS 140.

Netgear wireless router.

Signal Strength - Excellent

Radio Enabled

The problem:

We cannot connect to the net. We get the tool bar and google appears to try to load and that it. The XPS can connect if we use the ethernet cable straight to the modem.

We didn't have any problem until my son loaned the XPS to his mom for a week or so. When we got it back we couldn't get it to connect. Asking my ex what she did would be a waste of time.

A laptop belonging to someone else has no problem connecting to the net at our house.

TIA!!!

A:Dell XPS Notebook Wireless Problems??

What you got?

DSL or Cable?

If either? Unplug the Modem and turn off the Router?
If you don't have a Router then just unplug the Modem and wait a minute. Then plug in back the power. You might have to reboot the PC connected to the Modem?

If you have the Modem and Router unplug the modem then the router and wait a minute or two. Then plugin the power for Modem then for the Router. Wait for it to connect.

Your WAN (wide area network (internet) is down that's your problem since you LAN is up (local area network)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-notebook-wireless-problems.86983/
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay I bought me A Gateway FX P7805u laptop from best buy a couple days ago. Almost every game I have played has crashed back to the desktop or has giving me an error saying "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has succesfully recovered." or has freezed in some cases having me to restart my computer. I believe everything is up to date on my computer I do not know why this is happening.

Games I played on this laptop:

Armed Assault
Battlefield 2
WWIIOL a.k.a. Battleground Europe
Half Life 2

Link to my laptop: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218043606827

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello folks I registered new brand with Notebook problems Bluescreen here and this forum looks really nice and profesional and I hope that you Bluescreen problems with brand new Notebook guys can help me So this is my problem I have a Dell Studio with intel i -QM processor GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon My OS is Windows as bit version I bought it weeks ago and I'm geting a bluescreen very often - times per day in all kinds of situations it doesnt matter if I'm just listening music and actually doing nothing or if I'm surfing or if I'm playing games which makes the hardware reach its lI'mits its always the same bluescreen with this description BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF A E OS Version Service Pack Product Files which can be helpful C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Frozenthunder AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml This problem occured just day after i bought this notebook I did much research and I also updated my BIOS and Graphic driver but the problem still occurs I was reading that people which used some other Windows version Vista XP before never had the problem but as soon as they installed Windows as bit version they got this bluescreen So maybe it's a problem with Windows Or is it the Hardware I attached the latest dump file

A:Bluescreen problems with brand new Notebook

Welcome to SF!

The dump does not point to anything specifically. However, I see a few potential causes of BSODs.

First, your AMD Power Monitor drivers are outdated. They should be updated or removed.
Code:
AmdTools64.sys Mon Apr 28 13:03:39 2008 (4816036B)
One thing you should understand is that 3rd party anti-virus programs are well-known for causing BSODs in Windows 7 and Vista. ZoneAlarm is very bad that way, but I have also seen some crashes caused by Avira.

As a troubleshooting step, I would recommend removing both programs. Replace them with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Avira removal tool: http://www.avira.com/en/documents/ut...ninstXPeng.zip

ZoneAlarm removal tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

If those steps don't work, please enable driver verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\072010-27705-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c8ee50
Debug session time: Tue Jul 20 15:31:10.647 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:51:09.223
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff80002a89e58}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;.logclose;q
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050031
Arg3: 00000000000006f8
Arg4: fffff80002a89e58

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98777-bluescreen-problems-brand-new-notebook.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought this notebook last year after a month or two the monitor started flashing on and off i sent it back to hp and they said they had fixed it after a while it starting compaq notebook nx6110 problems flashing again and sometimes the screen would go black i sent compaq nx6110 notebook problems it to them and they said it was fixed and send it back to me now if I move the notebook at all it goes off and many times will not go on again I spoke to hp helpers and removed battery and tried to boot up but that didnt work Now it is booting up and there is a wireless connection which i am not sure how it got there because I am not knowledgeable about this so never attempted it I It still goes off when it is moved and I havent tried to put the battery back in the last time i booted up it did a check disk and corrected some of it but i could not get it to write it down any ideas on what is wrong and if its worth sending back for another repair I am just past the warrenty nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

So a few days ago my HP p started acting up in a strange way I was getting BSOD s saying things like quot IRQL not less or equal quot Sometimes there would be no BSOD but the system would simply go black and i d Help! HP Strange Notebook. w/ Problems 8510p have to reboot What was really strange about it was that it seemed to happen whenever I moved the laptop I ran memtest which indicated some ram problems I figured i d just replace Strange Problems w/ HP 8510p Notebook. Help! the ram but i m low on money so i put it off for a little bit I kept experiencing intermittent crashes Today I booted the system and received a short BSOD followed by a crash I could not tell what it said Now when attempting to boot the system it goes through its normal startup process but then stops at a screen with a flickering dash right before it would normally give me the option to boot from safe mode last known config etc I am worried Strange Problems w/ HP 8510p Notebook. Help! now that its a HDD problem which would really suck since my warranty expired July Strange Problems w/ HP 8510p Notebook. Help! st any suggestions on what this could be Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi people!

I have an 18-month old P4 1.8MHz notebook and i used to get 2.5 hours max with it. Now, I am lucky to get 40 minutes max. I have always been concious of charging it only when prompted if i ever unplug it. However, I do keep it plugged in majority of the time. Is my battery dying? I want to recondition it myslef to save money. Any ideas on where or how to start?

Thanks!

A:Notebook power supply problems

Surprisingly, I'm having the same problem on my 1 year old Toshiba. It gets a huge amount of on wall use, and I have a laptop cooler running on the USB port. It must be something about my battery, but I can't afford to buy a new one. The loss of battery life corresponds to my laptop install of Red Hat 9.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-power-supply-problems.16530/
Relevancy 66.65%

a I am getting the foll error when I tryto login to a website This problem has started since Monday and I had no problems earlier Others in my company also login to the same site and they dont have this error msg popping up QUOTE Authorization Required This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested Either you supplied the wrong credentials e g bad password or your browser does ; 2 freezes : b)Notebook a)IE error PROBLEMS not understand how to supply the credentials required UNQUOTE b Whenever I use dial-up to access the net my Compaq Presario us freezes for about minutes or so and then becomes ok During these mins I am not able to open any new files or any 2 PROBLEMS : a)IE error ; b)Notebook freezes browser window or download mails etc though I am able to continue working on opened files but cannot save them After - mins the notebooks unfreezes and then its all ok My A-V is avast and I run ad-aware too both of which are up-to-date Please advise solutions Thanks Swati nbsp

A:2 PROBLEMS : a)IE error ; b)Notebook freezes

Swati said:

a). I am getting the foll. error when I tryto login to a website. This problem has started since Monday and I had no problems earlier. Others in my company also login to the same site and they dont have this error msg popping up.

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. bad password), or your browser does not understand how to supply the credentials required.
UNQUOTE

b). Whenever I use dial-up to access the net, my Compaq Presario 2596us freezes for about 10 minutes or so and then becomes ok. During these 10 mins. I am not able to open any new files or any browser window or download mails etc. though I am able to continue working on opened files but cannot save them .
After 10-15 mins. the notebooks unfreezes and then its all ok.

My A-V is avast and I run ad-aware too both of which are up-to-date.

Please advise solutions ! Thanks
SwatiClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-problems-a-ie-error-b-notebook-freezes.308709/
Relevancy 66.65%

The notebook I'm working with is a Gateway NV54 w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

I have done a fresh install of Windows Vista but when I install the display/chipset drivers I lose video in regular startup but safe mode works properly. I have both service packs and all other updates installed. I've tried drivers from Intel directly, Gateway and through Windows update, all with the same results.

I might add there was no problems with display before fresh install so I'm at a loss as to why this occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A:Display/chipset problems on notebook

Hi remove the updates for now and install the chipset first then the video,audio,lan,wifi,then any others and see how it goes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-chipset-problems-on-notebook-505740.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Toshiba Satellite - notebook which has recently been delivered my notebook Problems starting Toshiba up after being repaired due to bios problems The first time I started it up everything worked just fine After a while I shut it down again but now when I start it up I experience two problems Firstly the fan doesn t appear to be working so the computer shuts itself down after around minutes presumably to stop it from overheating Secondly after the windows loading screen appears during startup the screen goes blank as if it s not switched on not just black This is at the stage where the welcome screen should come up I have booted from a Windows boot disk and run scandisk which fixed a couple of problems where registry files were being reported as the wrong size but Problems starting up my Toshiba notebook this hasn t helped either of the issues described above I d rather not format the hard drive as I have data I can t afford to lose so does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey everyone I have a notebook that recently died on me and I m trying to back up the data from this drive The drive is a quot GB SATA II hard disk drive - RPM -inch form factor MM thick - with bracket quot I purchased a SATA to USB adapter kit which claimed to support all sizes of SATA and IDE drives Unfortunately the provided adapter does not fit the drive I tried to take a picture of the problem but it s a bit blurry so this may or may not help Point is the connector on the hard drive does not appear to be a typical SATA connection with SATA to notebook Problems USB adapter Nor is it an IDE of some sort The only difference I can think of Problems with notebook SATA to USB adapter is that the HDD is a SATA II drive are the connections for SATA II a different size shape than standard SATA Anyway I m not sure what the issue is so if you can point me in the right direction I d be much obliged Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

hi, i have bought a new medion p6612 notebook, but im finding it impossible to connect to the internet,firstly i tried with 3mobile broadband and after installing when i pressed connect it said ..unable to connect please check your settings, this i done with customer support with no luck. then i tried orange mobile same thing happened ,i then took it to pc world signed up again with 3mobile and asked them to install it. they failed.im about to take it back i give up....can anyone help thanks

A:medion p6612 notebook,connection problems

wow, thanks for all your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/medion-p6612-notebook-connection-problems.767942/
Relevancy 65.79%

My laptop works perfectly ok on battery.  However the first time I plug in the AC adaptor, the laptop switches off.   If I switch the lapton on with the AC adaptor connected and switched on, the screen dispays the hp logo then hibernates!  I have checked all the updates and run all the diagnostics I can, to no avail.  Grateful for any ideas.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-Notebook-problems-when-connected-to-ac-adaptor/td-p/5716165
Relevancy 65.79%

What do i need to do if mine laptop doesn't do anything after the hard reset. It goes on and then it automatically shut off

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Notebook-Pavilion-7-hp-problems-after-hard-reset/td-p/5712605
Relevancy 65.79%

Recently purchased a Linksys Wireless B Broadband router and Linksys wireless B PC card for my notebook. The notebook will connect properly with the ethernet (DHCP) and am able to surf the Internet and see my LAN.

However in the wireless mode and DHCP it will connect to the internet but comes up with the wrong subnet mask (255.0.0.0 it should be 255.255.255.0) thus no LAN. If I specify an IP with correct subnet mask, I can only see my LAN but cannot surf the Internet!

Problem does not happen when the same Linksys Wireless B is installed in my WIN2K laptop. In that machine I can surf the Internet and see my LAN.

My desktop which is where my shared printer connected for my LAN is running XP.

All systems are good if I keep the WIN98 wired to router. Just won't function correctly in the wireless mode.

Relevancy 65.79%

Not sure if this is the right place for this since this laptop Gateway Problems Upgrade BIOS Notebook is a Gateway and not one of those listed My parents have a Gateway Notebook model MX that is a little over two years old http support gateway com s Mobile Q Bishop Rsp shtml They had never updated any drivers or BIOS so I decided to do that for them They had upgraded to Vista from XP and the Gateway site had drivers and a newer BIOS The drivers updated fine but the BIOS didn t apparently It had a Winflash utility that installed all the blocks and confirmed the installation It restarted and now the Gateway Notebook BIOS Upgrade Problems computer only gets halfway throught the initialization and hangs after initializing the mouse at least that is as much as it shows on the screen Is there anything I can do short of replacing the CMOS BIOS chip if it is removable or the motherboard Any suggestions to help me resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated I contacted Gateway Tech support but since the laptop isn t under warrantee anymore they refused to help me Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-bios-upgrade-problems.816996/
Relevancy 65.79%

Are there any issues with upgrading my HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC  with 64bit windows 8.1 to windows 10 ??? Do i even want to upgrade ?

A:HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC Windows 10 upgrade problems ???

Well it is free if you upgrade by midnight tomorrow and after that is going to cost. I personally have had no real issues with Windows 10 on any computer that originally came with Windows 8 or 8.1. However, if you have the switchable graphics it has created lots of issues for other people so if you have that stay away from Windows 10. Otherwise I would say do it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-TS-17-Notebook-PC-Windows-10-upgrade-problems/td-p/5705496
Relevancy 65.79%

I've been having some problems adjusting my computer resolution on my Inspiron 8600. Whenever I attempt to change the resolution on either the desktop or in a game, I get massive amounts of black bars to either side of the screen. (as opposed to stretching to fit as it has always done on a standard monitors).

This problem has been most notable in WarCraft 3. I can't even get above 800x640 before the screen goes halfway out of my viewable area (even though the max resolution is 1680x1050 on my desktop, so I shouldn't have this problem). Same thing with Counter-strike. Even though it allegedly supports widescreen, it only returns an error message when I try to switch to it. I'm guessing there's something embarassingly obvious in the display options or something that will fix this problem, but I've failed in finding it. Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks

A:Resolution problems with Inspiron 8600 notebook...help!

Have you tried going to dell.com and trying to see if they might have a solution to the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-problems-with-inspiron-8600-notebook-help.257424/
Relevancy 65.79%

My nephews notebook computer crashed, and he did a Windows XP reinstall.

Of course this killed his wireless home internet connection.

He has a Linksys g card installed in the notebook. And he downloaded the driver for the card and installed , and the wireless Linksys card shows up as an icon at the bottom of his screen.

However, he cannot get it to connect back to his wireless home network, which consist of a Linksys wireless router, just connected to his desktop.

I have tried to read the troubleshooters, but his computer doesnt seem to match up with what it says click on.

What would be the best action at this point? We have the card in, and installed, and driver installed for the card.

What do we do next to get it to work with the home network?

Relevancy 65.79%

My HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment Notebook PC goes to blank display frequently during working on the same It is having Vista with dv4-1465dx entertainment Problems HP notebook Pavilion Home Premium Edition installed The only indication at that time is the blinking of the POWER ON button When we press space bar Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook or Enter key it tries to load to the original condition and after getting the previous screen loaded for Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook few seconds it Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook goes back to the blank state with POWER ON button blinking If I put some light from torch or something on the display sometimes I can see the screen loaded In such cases of sleep activity the CTRL ALT DEL won t work pressing continuously on the POWER ON button won t work in order to shutdown and I had to remove the battery to start the Notebook again So after searching the internet for the same kind of issues I re-installed my OS from Vista to Windows bit and I installed some of the drivers from the HP Site corresponding to my Note Book HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment Notebook PC and Windows Bit OS After that also it is going to the blank state but returns immediately by showing a message as quot Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot So when I checked this in HP site as as per that I updated the Intel Graphics driver for the chip set corresponding to my Note Book and Windows Bit OS In that case also the volume control display on the screen was not showing anything while increasing decreasing the volume but it is working as normal without any display Again based on the search in HP Site I reinstalled my BIOS from HP F to Insyde Flash F After that when I press quot F quot while booting the machine I m not getting the options such as Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore Last known Good configuration etc I m getting a red screen with some other options containing some different technical terms Is it because of the wrong BIOS updating or something else If it is related to BIOS can I downgrade from F to F Or is there any other way to get the above mentioned options such as quot Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore Last known Good configuration etc quot same as pressing the F button Expecting the support in this matter nbsp

A:Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook

How old is this computer? The power supply may be on it's way out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-hp-pavilion-dv4-1465dx-entertainment-notebook.166313/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi i have a compaq presario the problem with it is everytime i go to install xp or on it it always has errors like for example after u format it it goes to copying istallation files and it will stop at some like this quot Setup Cannot Copy File Modem sys quot to retry press enter quot and when u press enter same thin i tried changeing disks same thing the dvd drive gets so hott i think it may be gettin overheating but it installs fine when this model is design for xp i dont understand I tried quot Home Edition quot and quot Professinal Edition quot Same thing The xp i could get on there is - Notebook presario 700 problems Compaq help please problems off the quick restore cds compaq Provides but when it gets done it seems like it works but u get copy error s like when u install office it says inf error stuff like that please help me i would really apperciate Heres the SPecs of the system ghz AMD Duron Processer gig hard drive x dvd drive i believe the one the came with it VIA ProSavage KN - AGP x SDRAM - MB Max Resolution Notebook problems - Compaq presario 700 problems please help external x please help me thanks I ran memtest and got errors with my mb stick so i changed it with a brand new mb ran memtest got the same problems so whats next anyone got anything i tried running xp setup again and still wont let me - please help nbsp

A:Notebook problems - Compaq presario 700 problems please help

lol no one can help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-problems-compaq-presario-700-problems-please-help.46953/
Relevancy 64.93%

Using a new HP stream 11 at school to connect to interactive whiteboard. I have purchased a new HDMI / VGA adaptor and it connects well. Using the function keys I get a display on both screens.....then the smartboard starts flashing. While still connected to the whiteboard I am unable to properly type anything while it is flashing on the screen..... Am a desperate teacher who really wants to get this working....whole reason I bought thge machine in the first place......much appreciated!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/problems-connecting-stream-notebook-to-an-external-display/td-p/5801502
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi the notebook of my wife entcounters problems when booting Seems like ony part of Windows is started Make of Notebook Notebook Booting Ed. / Prem. W7 Home has Problems Samsung Samsung NP Samsung Notebook has Booting Problems / W7 Prem. Home Ed. E A from nameplate no additional hardware except mouse of course - OS Windows Premium Home Edition Automatic update enabledVirus Protection WSE but I do not know when the last scan took place My wife does not do much on the internet Problem When starting the computer the boot option screen appeares for the shutdown was not done properly before see below Starting 'Normal mode' Stratup procedure seems normal maybe a little slow but this might well be a deception The buttons in the bottom bar is that the navigation bar not so sure about the terminology however are not responding to moese-action Clicking the start button should open the menu but only a tiny white space appears I'd guess by pixel above the button Clicking an icon say adobe reader this prog starts but it seems all windows-input is gone No directory no file selection no menu bar just a stripped version of it After some time the screen deteriorates and the computer crashes to a BSOD But this does not last long enough for me to take note of the information there Could not make out how to start Windows Explorer Starting safe modeOccasionally I managed to have windows explorer opened but the view is much reduced in size size of a postal stamp Whenever a window could be openes it looks that all the text messages button texts were missing What I did From anothe rthread in this forum i got the idea of removing and reinserting the battery - to no avail Same result from starting in safe mode with networking and sutting down from there Any help would be appreciated Norbert

A:Samsung Notebook has Booting Problems / W7 Prem. Home Ed.

I'm not clear on this, can you boot into Safe Mode?

By tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button you will open the Advanced Boot Options where you can choose the Safe Mode.  Another option there is Last Known Good Configuration, if you can get to the Advanced Boot Options click on that option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492943/samsung-notebook-has-booting-problems-w7-prem-home-ed/
Relevancy 64.93%

The screen on my Compaq is starting to come thru scrambled. This happens all the time. Tilting the screen back and forth will sometimes correct the problem. However, I can only have it about 80 degrees to the keyboard which makes for a sore neck. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanks, Ray

A:Compaq Presario 1250 notebook screen problems

Sounds like the flexible connector between the screen and motherboard has given up, probably with use?

It would need disassembly and replacement of the flexible mylar circuit. Could possibly just be a connection issue at one end or the other, which still requires disassembly.

Working on a laptop is akin to microsurgery, it is very easy to do damage if untrained.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-1250-notebook-screen-problems.327911/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, can someone give me some advice? I have an LG Flatron L1910BA monitor a few years old. worked perfectly fine. connected it to my ancient Toshiba Satellite and enjoyed the big screen display. worked fine. then when i reconnect it back to the original CPU (Korean TG Dreamsys) the display is completey horrid. all the text is absolutley tiny (maybe 2 point font - or less!), the icons are distorted in size but semi-coherent. What can I do? when i go into windows xp safe mode the display is the same. i have the original monitor drivers but i can't read the control panel as the windows that pop up are about 1" x 1" in size. It's really insane. and I don't know what to do or even where to begin. Thanks for any help that you give!

A:display problems after reconnecting LG monitor from notebook to original CPU

There was a driver (or other install software) for the LG Flatron L1910BA that came on disc with the monitor. It is probably downloadable from LG. If not, we have two.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-problems-after-reconnecting-lg-monitor-from-notebook-to-original-cpu.86730/
Relevancy 64.93%

i just installed win 7 pro on my sony vaio vgnsz320cp, im now experiencing a black border around my whole screen, i tried adjusting resolution, display settings etc.

A:just installed win 7 pro, display problems, sony vaio notebook

Update your Nividia Graphics Card:
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Or if you don't know your System Specs, run this Tool:
AMD GPU AutoDetect

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/203665-just-installed-win-7-pro-display-problems-sony-vaio-notebook.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Guys,
I'm having a problem with my Vista. Sometimes on startup certain icon refuse to show in the taskbar. Normally it is the battery icon that is the problem, but sometimes Network and Volume dissappear. I have tried reinstalling Vista from the factory disc, to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A:Problems with Status Indicators in Vista x86 on ASUS F5GL Notebook

Hello Bodman, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Sometimes a simple restart may allow the notification system icon to work again. If not, then you might see if this may be able to help enable it again.

Notification Area - System Icons

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280397-problems-status-indicators-vista-x86-asus-f5gl-notebook.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Due to numerous problems i hav had going on revertingto 7321 time problems factory settings notebook to revert to problems going revertingto factory settings on time notebook 7321 factory settings for the rd time but unlike the first where everything went ok i ve not been able to do it this time and cannot do anything on the computer Its a Time Notebook with Windows XP I have the product recovery disk in the floppy and the first bootable disk in the cd drive and everything starts as it should running Norton Ghost d and starts loading partition Then up pops an error quot problems going revertingto factory settings on time notebook 7321 x B read Fault quot with abort or retry as options retry doesn t work so i hit abort eventually i then get the message Span Volume Done Insert next media so insert the second cd i then get the message quot Output A Ghost ERR quot with yes or no as options yes gives the message quot Abort decompression error - no gives the message quot Abort cannot open next span file quot both follow with the message quot MBR has been wiped quot after this it reverts back to dos with only an X drive available and miscellaneous things in the directory previously the computer would hang between - times a day for no reason Time tech support is useless and as a uni student with exams very soon i can t afford a new computer and need my one working any help would be greatly appreciated thank you Chris nbsp

A:problems going revertingto factory settings on time notebook 7321

Sounds like a RAM memory module fault. Reseat the memory modules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-going-revertingto-factory-settings-on-time-notebook-7321.359179/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone I have a brand new Toshiba Portege R -P laptop running Windows Home Premium -bit I got it just over a week ago The last couple days Portege Problems Toshiba Notebook Jack Headphone R705-P35 I have been noticing that my headphones are getting intermittant connections I have a pair of Grado SR I s as Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Notebook Headphone Jack Problems well as a set of SR I s I plugged the SR I Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Notebook Headphone Jack Problems s into the Portege with a quot to quot takedown adapter and I think that is what caused the problem My concern is if a couple of hours of having those cans connected to my computer is enough to pull on the circuit board enough to cause a problem how strong is the headphone jack built overall I am blind and I use my computer with screen-reading software with headphones almost exclusively I plug and unplug my headphones several times a day and I take care not to pull on the headphone chord whenever possible If I am already having problems I am concerned about the durability of the jack over a long period of time I have thought about doing one of three things all of which include never plugging a straight quot to quot takedown adapter in Exchange the laptop at BestBuy explain the situation and hoping for the best Exchanging the laptop then paying to have a stronger headphone jack installed --probably by a third party--if one is made I noticed the AC power jack is metal but the headphone microphone jacks are plastic Returning the laptop and buying a Dell XPS which is the other laptop I was considering because of the MaxxAudio technology I would appreciate any advice Thanks Michael nbsp

A:Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Notebook Headphone Jack Problems

You might not be able to have a better jack installed onto the motherboard, because they are engineered to such tight tolerances, and the existing jack is usually a fairly thin part made of plastic.

One option would be to have a shop solder jumpers to the board, and bring a better jack to the outside of the laptop. The jumpers would have to be secured to the shell in such a way as to prevent pulling on the mainboard.

There is another option. You could purchase a set of speakers which have a headset convenience jack, leave those speakers plugged in to the laptop, and plug the headphones into the speaker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-r705-p35-notebook-headphone-jack-problems.971476/
Relevancy 64.5%

So I recently bought a Samsung Notebook, Model Code: NP-RV515. It came installed with the 32-bit version of windows starter so naturally I went on to try and install the 62-bit version of Windows Ultimate. Unfortunately, my network drivers were lost and upon trying to install new drivers from the manufacture site a prompt appeared telling me that "The Device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system". I know this is impossible because I had wi-fi on the starter version.
Secondly, my monitor resolution, which was at 1366x768 on the starter version now has 1024x768 as its highest option.
Please help.

A:Samsung Notebook Network Adapter and Screen Resolution Problems.

You may need to download and install the 64-bit drivers for the problem devices from Toshiba's Africa website. This is the drivers page for your model:
Support for NP-RV515I SAMSUNG

Where it says "Select your language", select "English".
Then click "Driver" in the downloads table.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/samsung-notebook-network-adapter-and-screen-resolution-problems-632088.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm having sound problems on my old Compaq Presario 1255 laptop computer. A friend had sent a music file over AIM for me to listen to and I was trying to listen to it, but all I got was static.

Can anyone give me a suggestion? I'll go turn that computer on so I can use it via my networking setup and then I can try any fixes or ideas you can give me. I tried looking for a new integrated sound driver, but so far no luck.
Thanks to anyone who can help me!

A:Sound problems on a compaq 1255 presario notebook computer

Do you get this static sound all the time? or just with that one file? What type of file is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problems-on-a-compaq-1255-presario-notebook-computer.205583/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone I am new to the forum so if this question is best suited for another area please feel free to move I 7410, Officejet Toshiba Linksys, problems notebook Network - am having a lot of problems networking an OfficeJet which started over three Network problems - Officejet 7410, Linksys, Toshiba notebook months ago No one I have spoken to at HP or otherwise could solve this puzzle If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be really appreciated My Setup Toshiba Network problems - Officejet 7410, Linksys, Toshiba notebook SAT laptop Linksys Wireless-G Router WRT G HP OfficeJet printer Windows XP Home w SP installed Problem This is somewhat long so please bear with me Three months ago this printer was purchased and installed using the wireless connection The printing functions would work without any problems but additional features like scanning and memory readers would not work They could not be found on the network as if they were disconnected I switched to an Ethernet connection with the Cat e cable Everything installed and worked for about hours then the scanneror the media readers would not be accessible as before with wireless I kept being instructed by HP to do an install each time it would work for a few hours then start again The printer was replaced two times by Office Depot A few days ago when I received the second replacement I set it up using a USB cable and it isntalled worked perfectly As I would really like to use this wireless or wired to be mobile with my laptop I tried to setup the all-in-one again using either wired or wireless I followed the uninstall steps provided by HP -I ll try anything at this point- and using their software uninstall utility When trying to install the software for the printer drivers HP director etc setup cannot detect the printer on the network I also tried manually entering the printer Network problems - Officejet 7410, Linksys, Toshiba notebook s IP address Hostname and Hardware MAC address It still could not be detected I can ping the printer from the command prompt window I also have no problem using the Embedded Web Server and I can print using an alternative HP driver as a standard TCP IP printer All firewall programs and security software have been disabled Here is a summary of the network configuration page Network Status Ready Active Connection Type Wireless URL http Hardware Address MAC d d Firmware Rev RL xNx Hostname HPCA IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Config Source DHCP DNS Server xxx xxx Admin Password Link Configuration mDNS OfficeJet series Wireless Status Connected Communication Mode Infrastructure Network Name SSID Signal Strength - Channel Authentication Type Open System Encryption None Access Point HW Address d d d Total Packets Transmitted Total Packets Received HP finally told me it was the Linksys router and that I needed a firmware upgrade Tried that without any changes Linksys Support claims it is the printer or something other then the router The last HP technician I spoke to said it may be a problem with the software installation CD which I find odd considering it worked before They said the drivers on HP com would not work for networking I really am desperate to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Network problems - Officejet 7410, Linksys, Toshiba notebook

Some printers do not work with certain network appliances vendor's technology... Some do not even function the way as they are advertised/designed. It is rather a printer compatibility problem rather than your linksys problem (However, check whether your linksys is purchased after linksys became CISCO's sub division. Some linksys products are not working properly before they became CISCO certified).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-problems-officejet-7410-linksys-toshiba-notebook.37537/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a new notebook I detection network problems network problems And Notebook Solved: other :)... ve had about months now an Acer Aspire Solved: Notebook network detection problems And other network problems :)... notebook ghz processor gb ram gb hard drive windows xp been running on my home wireless network for a while now Then today all of a sudden it doesn t detect any wireless networks which is odd because I usually pick up as I m in an apartment complex I turned off the PC turned it back on and nothing I right clicked on the network icon in the sys tray and clicked repair and get the following error Windows could not finish reparing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Connecting to the wireless network I also get a quot Wireless Network Connection is not connected quot wireless network unavailable bubble popup Also I noticed a few weeks ago that I could no longer share files between my PCs as I once could They all have access to the internet but will not share and they all show up under workgroup computers and have select files and folders turned on but the shared files will not show up on the network Lastly I have a Dell Inpiron notebook that is detecting the wireless network and the other available networks in the area If I leave the Dell on too long it will no longer access the internet and I have to do a complete reboot to get it to reconnect and function correctly Suggestions are appreciated I m assuming my Acer problem is a Network or wireless card problem Not sure how to check any of this outside of what I have already done Any and all suggestions are appreciated BB nbsp

A:Solved: Notebook network detection problems And other network problems :)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-notebook-network-detection-problems-and-other-network-problems.479790/
Relevancy 54.18%

Well I was lucky The HD that failed this morning works if I lay it on its side So I was able to ghost everything over to the new drive problems Solved: Drive ghosted with assignment drive letter I ghosted Solved: Drive letter assignment problems with ghosted drive the boot partition Solved: Drive letter assignment problems with ghosted drive c to r I m using Windows SP The new boot drive is SATA The old failing boot drive is IDE I worked through a number of problems but I m left with this When the system boots into the new drive R it still wants the boot partition c for something If I boot with the IDE disconnected it ll boot to the login screen and allow me to log in but after a few minutes of a blank screen amp cursor it drops back to the login I have PartitionMagic and used DriveMapper to change all references to C to R but that didn t do it How do I cut my system s dependence on the failing drive before it fails altogether Will this work I found the following advice from crjdriver and was wondering if this would work for my particular problem Make a full system backup of the computer and system state Log on as an Administrator Start Regedt exe Go to the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM MountedDevices Click MountedDevices On the Security menu click Permissions Verify that Administrators have full control Change this back when you are finished with these steps Quit Regedt exe and then start Regedit exe Locate the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM MountedDevices Find the drive letter you want to change to new Look for quot DosDevices C quot Right-click DosDevices C and then click Rename Note You must use Regedit instead of Regedt to rename this registry key Rename it to an unused drive letter quot DosDevices Z quot This frees up drive letter C Find the drive letter you want changed Look for quot DosDevices D quot Right-click DosDevices D and then click Rename Rename it to the appropriate new drive letter quot DosDevices C quot Click the value for DosDevices Z click Rename and then name it back to quot DosDevices D quot Quit Regedit and then start Regedt Change the permissions back to the previous setting for Administrators this should probably be Read Only Restart the computer nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a simple set-up and I know there s a simple answer but I can t find it anywhere and I don t want to go to Future Shop looking totally ignorant so I plan to buy a D-Link WBR- wireless router to replace my wired D-Link router I have What Help I PS3 1 Notebook, do Need? Please-1 a Toshiba Satellite Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? A -VA notebook Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? which has built-in wireless which I want to use wireless I have a Playstation which I ll wire direct to the router because it s close anyways I have a cable modem Question s is don t laugh is there anything else I need When I run the Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? setup wizard through the laptop I need to be wired to the modem set up the router set up the network and then disconnect the cable from the laptop and then I m wireless My wife has put the thought into my head that I ll need a main computer wired to the router which would be used by anything wireless to access the network I hope I ve made my situation clear any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need?

The wireless router is all you need. You are correct that the only time you need to have a computer connected by ethernet is when configuring the router or upgrading its firmware.

Unless you plan to buy a matching D-Link Rangemax wireless adapter you will be using only standard 802.11g 54Mbps; so consider saving money by buying a standard router without "turbo," "108Mbps" or any other extras. The WBR-2310 Rangemax MAY give you somewhat better range, but don't count on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-1-notebook-1-ps3-what-do-i-need.619345/
Relevancy 53.32%

This will probably be really easy to answer for someone familiar with hooking computers up to TVs, I just have no idea how to search for answers on the internet because I'm not sure what I should search for.

Anyway, my new notebook doesn't have an s-video port, which annoys me. It does have the standard monitor port, though. I'm wondering if there's any way to hook the notebook up to a TV, such as some kind of converter or whatnot. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Notebook to TV

Hello!

I can really help you if you give me the graphics card specs.
Please reply so I can help!

Bye!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-to-tv.627225/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, Recently when go to my documents,or downloads the icons wont load for atleast 10 seconds. i'm wondering how i can resolve this issue and would love to hear some information that would help out.The notebook is only 2 months old and is not slow at all so that is why i thought it should be a diffrent issue then it being slow..Thanks in advance for your help,Mark Jetten like so: 

A:HP notebook

Dear Customer, Please go through the below links, check it that helps:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04770630http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03340676     For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-notebook/td-p/5830696
Relevancy 53.32%

My dell notebook crashed!!! When i turn it on all i get is the dell screen, followed by a black screen!!! Someone Please help because Dell sucks at customer service!!!!! What should i do?

A:My Notebook

Try tapping f8 as soon as you power on the computer.

What happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64608/my-notebook/
Relevancy 53.32%

I m going to be buying a Notebook pls. help notebook computer I m trying to decide between two right now One is an alienware m I customized it to be Core Duo T gb ddr mhz ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Go This one costs about The other is an ASUS F Jm I customized this one to be a core duo T gb ddr ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Notebook help pls. Go for about So should I go with the top for better processor but lower video or should I go for the bottom with the lower processor and higher video I would really like to get one with both the mb video and the core duo processor but I can t seem to find one and I m sure if I do it ll be too expensive is about my limit I would really appreciate any input you guys can give me thanks again guys Tim nbsp

A:Notebook help pls.

what type of games are you planning to play?
what's the main use of this laptop?
videos/movies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-help-pls.58789/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I bought a new HP Notebook with windows 10 a few days ago at it was running fine untill yesterday when it updated and now it running incredibly slow and draining the battery quickly. Please could someone help? Thanks

A:New Notebook

Bobmin Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about problems with your new HP PC and wanted to help.You should not be having problems with a PC this new.While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836 Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5777388
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, i would like to pose this problem to the experienced here on the forums.

we have been given an HP530 pre-installed with "windows vista basic". the user despises vista and has asked us to downgrade it to his favourite operating system "windows xp home". before i started i created the recovery disks of the vista installation. i have installed and fully updated windows xp home and all drivers have been installed except for one. the dial-up modem. unfortunatly that is the one driver that is going to be used by the user of the laptop. when i try install the driver "sp36087.exe" which i get from the hp site i get this error message: "driver installation failed: could not find the modem device for this driver". i tried pionting windows to the location that the hp drivers extracts to but still no joy.

any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 53.32%

I have an old spare SONY Notebook with a 800 MHz processor and only 128 MB or RAM. The hard drive got reformatted and everything was wiped off the drive. (It's a long story.) That was no biggie, since there wasn't anything there worth saving. I've re-installed DOS and would like to install Windows 98, but the program disk for 98 is a CD. I cannot get the CD drive on my SONY to operate. All I can load are floppy disks at this time.

Can anyone tell me how to get the CD drive to operate?

A:Old Notebook needs help

Try moving to the hardware thread rather than Business Apps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-notebook-needs-help.660917/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a dell inspiron 4000 notebook that has no CD Rom drive and no floppy drive, I plan to buy a external CD Rom to use with ny notebook but some question arise, (1) if I format my hardrive and install a new OS before the OS is install would the computer recognized my external CD Rom? (2) If I can't use my CD Rom then would it better to buy an hard drive adapter to hook it up to my desktop PC and format the notebook hard drive and install the OS from that machine( ONLY THE OS NOT THE DRIVER FOR ANY EQUIPMENT)

A:CD Rom for notebook

1. Since the external cd rom device would probably be a parallel port or USB kind, the computer will not see it before you install the OS
2.No . Hooking up the laptop hdd and formated, it's ok no problem there, but once you install the OS on it , the OS will try to install the drivers for whatever the hardware is inside the PC. For instance , let's say that the laptop has a Intel chipset , and the desktop has a VIA chipset, well the OS will try to install the drivers for the VIA and you need the Intel ones..
Best you can do is to make sure that the cd rom driver that you will buy cames with DOS drivers . Then format the hard drive on the laptop ( using the desktop machine ) and install the cd rom DOS drivers on it. Then hook up the hard drive back to the laptop and connect the cd rom drive. Boot up and you should have access to the cd rom drive at that point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-for-notebook.80270/
Relevancy 53.32%

I on My to Run Get DDS Can't Notebook have a VAIO VGN-NW G notebook running Windows Professional -bit It has an Intel Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Core Duo T GHz processor with a Mobile Intel GM Express chipset It has GB x GB DDR SDRAM Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook I am running ESET NOD Antivirus version and Ad-Aware Pro Security version on my notebook Per the Bleeping Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Computer recommendation in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have recently enabled the Windows Firewall on my PC Prior to that I wasn't utilizing a firewall Also per the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have downloaded DDS Unfortunately I am unable to run it When I try to run the program I keep getting the message View Downloads - Windows Internet Explorer The program's publisher couldn't be verified Are you sure you want to run the program When I click Run again it loops back to the beginning and all of the above repeats What in the world is going on with my PC and what is Windows doing I am logged in as an administrator for my PC and the DDS program is not read-only When I check the Security tab of the file Properties my login has full control for the file I think at one point I was able to select Unlock from the Properties Tab but can no longer find that option when I go back into the file Properties When I saw that option the message said something about the file coming from another computer

A:Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook

Please read This Topic on what to disable and the methods to use -
These are the 3 versions of DDS that you can use.
Please do not post these back here, and if you are not able to create a log, just post your topic with a description of your problems -
DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pif

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516545/cant-get-dds-to-run-on-my-notebook/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recemty purchesed HP15AF008AX Note book i have installed windows 10 in it what are things to do after installin windows 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5714613
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! A friend of mine is entering nursing school and couldn't believe the price of textbooks. He found that he can get the books in pdf form at a considerably lower price. I told him he could use a laptop or notebook. However, he doesn't want to buy a laptop or a notebook to use in class. He'll be taking notes in class, as well as following in the pdf textbook. Will something like a kindle have a keyboard and that capability? Is there anything else he could use besides a laptop or notebook? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there, My note book won't load untill i press any key. i want to fix this problem but don't know how. can any one help me.

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a two and a half year old Compaq notebook maxed out at 2GB Ram that came with Vista. As soon as it was out of warranty, I wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro. I've run W7 Upgrade Advisor and it says W7 will run on my machine. My question is does it matter which version (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate) and which bit (32/64) to get the fastest system? Most of what I use it for is the internet and email. Maybe some video. Not a heavy duty user.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
==========================

New info 18 Dec:

One thing I forgot to mention is that as a student I can upgrade to W7 Professional for $65 or I can get W7 Home Premium for $125 from Costco. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

A:How well will W7 run on my notebook

If your planning to use it only for internet, mail, videos and other normal tasks, you'll be good to go with Home Premium.
And 32bit or 64bit? Well, i think the below article will answer your questions-
Windows 7 32-bit vs 64-bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/131732-how-well-will-w7-run-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My HP Pavilion dv9300 series laptop's display is shot. I think it's the motherboard that is creating the problem. The only way to get a display to show up is using an external monitor and disabling the NVIDIA graphic drivers. From what I've read, the MB is overworking the graphics card, causing it to overheat and fry. There was a recall for a number of notebooks that had this problem, but mine did not have the proper product number so HP will not fix it (without making me pay $425). Is anyone out there familiar with this issue and if so, what would be the best (cheapest and most effective) way to resolve it? Thank you!

HP Pavilion dv9334us, Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, running Vista 32-bit.

Relevancy 53.32%

I literally just finished setting up this computer and the keyboard freezes about every 10th key strock, i typed pretty fast and this is driving me insane. it is slowing me down for about 5 seconds every  10 strock. i have a lot of homework to do and now am stuck with this issue that i do not know how to solve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5636526
Relevancy 53.32%

Please help before I throw tnhis thing out the window.Everytime I get near the keyboard or even close to it, it driftes.   Have tried to find out how to adjust the senitivity without success.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Notebook/td-p/5754929
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everybody i really need some help theres a software issue thats causing my comptuer to crash regulary So heres the problem i bought an external soundcard from startech months ago and it seems to make my pc crash and get a blue screen error I am using the sound card to capture voices through my hauupage pvr through my capture software playing on xbox one i done chatted with startech and they said they cant figure out the problem i had them sent me a replacement card it still gives hp 15 pc notebook me the blue screen errors i have took pics to show you what it looks like I tried to chat with hp support about the issue it seems they refuse to help me on this Can some out there please tell me how to fix this issue I had to do regualar updates on my pc but thats normal My connection is wifi also i will show a pic of the hauppauge capture setup as you can see in the capture card the external sound card is connected microphone usb via Can someone please help me hp 15 notebook pc on this issue i am stressing over this problem thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-15-notebook-pc/td-p/5766675