Windows Support Forum

Weird problem with monitor and graphics card

Q: Weird problem with monitor and graphics card

My computer started doing this a couple of weeks ago When I power it does not send a signal to the monitor I have removed all internal parts with problem monitor graphics Weird card and except for the PSU the processor RAM and vidoe card and it still does the same PSU - OKIA w new CPU intel dual core RAM gig Video - geforce LE mb MOBO - p m Weird problem with monitor and graphics card pro-m rev I replaced the PSU it now has a OKIA watt PSU Weird problem with monitor and graphics card and reseated the RAM CPU and video card and still the same The vidoe card requires an additional Molex Weird problem with monitor and graphics card connection for power I found that if I disconnect this then the computer monitor and video card are operational however when i loaded the driver for the geforce card it did state the Molex connector was not connected so the card was lowering its performance due to this When I reconnect the Molex connector on the vidoe card everything hangs up again and no signal to the monitor this mobo does have on board vga I tested that and it works fine any idead on the graphics card issue Thnaks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Weird problem with monitor and graphics card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Weird problem with monitor and graphics card

Time to change Video cards... assuming you have already downloaded driver updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-with-monitor-and-graphics-card.130391/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello guys. It's been a long time since I last used my desktop computer because I moved to another country and I wasn't able to bring it. Now my mom asked me to fixed it so that my sister can use it. I'm just having a weird problem with the display because sometimes the screen will go black for a few seconds and then it will appear again. After it appears again, an error below appears saying something about a kernel failure but it has successfully restarted. I updated my graphics card driver but it still happened. My graphics card is a Palit GeForce GTX 550Ti. Any clues to this?

Edit: Looks like other users have been experiencing this issue too. I just saw it after I posted this one.

A:Having a weird problem with my Graphics Card

Sounds obvious but try uniistalling the driver and reinstalling Drivers | GeForce

The temps would be good to know too. Speccy - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/322849-having-weird-problem-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I've been working on this computer for about 5 hours now trying to get the graphics card to work. It's my friends computer, and he said he bought the motherboard, and it came with a "nvidia geforce 7025 / nvidia nforce 630a" card. It USE to work in the past, but ever since he upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, (It says the software isn't genuine), the card won't work!.. I've tried EVERYTHING.. From auto detecting the needed drivers, uninstalling them and reinstalling them.. But NOTHING works. The onboard works, but when I change the cord over to the card port, .. My dell monitor goes from the "self test" screen to a blank black screen, with the power button being orange, not green.)..

Device Manager sees the card, and says it's working properly.. but it's not!

I don't know what to do anymore!.. Any suggestions?

A:Weird problem with graphics card!

Welcome to the forums.
Where did he get his copy of Win 7?
Has he done windows updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-with-graphics-card.1061143/
Relevancy 75.68%

I bought a new graphics card for my desktop yesterday. it;s the NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS. I put it into the slot marked "PCI x16", hooked up the VGA monitor cable, and turned the PC on. The screen stays black, and the light on the monitor stays orange(supposed to be blue) When i hook my monitor onto the onboard vga slot, the monitor works fine.

My roommate tried my card in HIS computer, and it worked. we have the same power supply, so i eliminated that as a problem. I put his graphics card in my pc and it worked fine. what could the problem be?

A:Weird problem with graphics card

ooh, im using a Dell Inspiron 531S. I know dells arent for gaming, bu it's what my budget could afford. this is the only upgrade i have besides more RAM.

Also, my tower is a slim tower.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-with-graphics-card.724555/
Relevancy 75.25%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi everyone I m a newbie here but the standard of advice and helpfulness seems very high so here goes I was running a GF with no probs at all Then I installed fresh memory replacing x with x and at the same time put in a more powerful fan for the card which was tending to overheat This required taking out and then replacing the card Ever since then the card won t work It seems to function in a basic sort of way the video output is from the card not the MB and its Weird unistallable graphics problem card name is flashed up on start-up But everytime i launch windows xp I get an install new hardware message and all attempts actually to load the NVidia drivers fail I usually get a quot bad data quot message at this point even though I have tried several sets of drivers and downloaded frsh ones On device manager and dxdiag Weird unistallable graphics card problem the card is not showing up at all under display all I get is a yellow -ed quot VGA device quot not named under quot Other devices quot running generic drivers I ve tried Driver Cleaner and I ve put in a cheap alternative card an MX GF and get exactly the same problem so I don t THINK it is a card malfunction Does anyone have any smart ideas cos I ve tried everything I really don t want to do a re-install of XP as I ve got loads of photos music and documents on the HD Thanks a lot to any of you who can think of anything C nbsp

A:Weird unistallable graphics card problem

Run a memory test to make sure your new RAM is OK.

Wouldn't hurt to try a PCI video card in case you messed up the AGP slot somehow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-unistallable-graphics-card-problem.19574/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 with Windows XP and was infected with malware few days ago. After we finished cleaning the laptop, I have started seeing some problems in the normal mode. When I start the laptop in normal mode, in most cases, it will start with lot of blue stripes all over the screen and will continue to have it even after the system has completed the start up process. In case it did not show the blue strips during start up, it will show up within few minutes after the system has completed the start up cycle. On the other hand, in safe mode, there are no lines at all so this problem is only in normal mode.

Please advise.

Thanks!!

A:Graphics card or monitor problem?

You might try uninstalling the video drivers (could be damaged from malware or removal of same)...and then reinstalling the video drivers.

The fact that it doesn't occur in safe mode...seemingly points to the drivers, IMo.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371851/graphics-card-or-monitor-problem/
Relevancy 71.38%

Today when I got home from work I turned on my monitor I turn it off every evening before bed and saw that the screen had expanded about inch or so and the outer row of graphics card Monitor or problem? my Monitor or graphics card problem? icons were off-screen Same thing with any windows I opened which are aligned with the corners Huh I checked the system temperature all OK and pulled the cover to check that the video card fan is running it is I am running an iiyama quot CRT monitor with a GEForce Nvidia LE video card I then turned the computer off and then rebooted No change here but notice that the monitor is flickering and the image grows brighter amp then darker repeatedly the display almost looks rubbery I tried changing the screen resolution no change to problem I tried changing the refresh rate down from hz to hz no change in problem I manually adjusted the resolution by shrinking the horizontal amp vertical sizes using the monitor manual controls in a few minutes the screen grew back outside the physical borders of the monitor I have now adjusted the screen size with a full inch of black space around the borders I can use the monitor now but it makes me dizzy as it flickers and grows brighter darker I tried banging on the monitor but that didn t do anything So is the problem the monitor or the video card What else can I do check to isolate this to one or the other I don t have a spare monitor to play with nbsp

A:Monitor or graphics card problem?

I would say its the monitor.

Have another PC, graphics card? A friend with a PC and a monitor?

If its No,no,no, then I would go to my local PC shop and ask them to tell you which one it is for sure, and then buy what you need to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-or-graphics-card-problem.460077/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I've encountered a problem in recent days concerning Problem? Card Graphics Monitor or either my graphics card or monitor which one Im not sure It all started a yesterday while playing a game of Counter Strike Source I had alt-tabbed ingame and decided to Graphics Card or Monitor Problem? alt-tab back into the game and as i proceeded to do this my computer locked up couldn't move mouse or anything So I proceeded to restart my computer This is where everything went wrong My monitor was not showing any image only a black screen with the Analog Digital box flashing So I tried a few things to see what would resolve this problem Removed all cords plugged them in agian ect Unplugged graphics card then plugged back in agian Restarted PC numerous times Reinstalling drivers I'm using a DVI to VGA cable connecting my graphics card to my monitor if that helps I've also tried plugging another monitor into my graphics card with no result Onboard graphics work fine I don't have another graphics card to test it on In my computers devices it says the video driver is not installed correctly or something along those lines Does anybody have a step by step guide on installing drivers Specs are Intel Q Ghz GB Corsair RAM GB Seagate Hard Drive Leadtek GTX mb Antec Case Samsung BW Thanks in advance

A:Graphics Card or Monitor Problem?

Originally Posted by bwinward

Hello.

I've encountered a problem in recent days concerning either my graphics card or monitor, which one? Im not sure.

It all started a yesterday while playing a game of Counter Strike : Source , I had alt-tabbed ingame and decided to alt-tab back into the game and as i proceeded to do this my computer locked up ... couldn't move mouse or anything.

So I proceeded to restart my computer. This is where everything went wrong. My monitor was not showing any image, only a black screen with the Analog/Digital box flashing.

So I tried a few things to see what would resolve this problem ...
Removed all cords, plugged them in agian ect.Unplugged graphics card then plugged back in agian.Restarted PC numerous times.Reinstalling drivers
I'm using a DVI to VGA cable connecting my graphics card to my monitor, if that helps.

I've also tried plugging another monitor into my graphics card, with no result.

Onboard graphics work fine.

I don't have another graphics card to test it on ...

In my computers devices it says the video driver is not installed correctly or something along those lines?

Does anybody have a step by step guide on installing drivers?

Specs are :

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair RAM
500GB Seagate Hard Drive
Leadtek 8800GTX 768mb
Antec 900 Case
Samsung 226BW

Thanks in advance

can you restart your pc but in safe mode to get back to windows while the 8800GTX is plugged in? or is the computer not even starting properly?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/249155-graphics-card-monitor-problem.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to install an ATI rage fury 128 pro graphics card. When I finish installing it, my monitor goes nuts. I get three(3) of everything and my Icons have no color(show white) I have a CTX monitor which works fine with a 3D Yamaha card. Can anyone help me with this ? Is it the Monitor, the card, or what? I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card. Until I did that I just got a black screen on the monitor. I realize this isn't the greatest card in the world, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on another card and find out it won't work either. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:graphics card/monitor problem

First thing to check is does your mobo support it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-monitor-problem.144681/
Relevancy 71.38%

Monitor : ViewSonic 19" CRT Graphics Series G90f+

Graphics Card : ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum

NOTE : Drivers are up-to-date and all cables and connections have been visually checked.

PROBLEM

The screen oscillates between a normal colour cast and a slightly yellow colour cast. Oscillations are typically around 1 per second. Sometimes the screen stabilizes for a few hours on either the normal colour cast or the yellow colour cast and then starts oscillating again.

Any suggestions on possible causes would be gratefully received.

TiA

A:Problem with Monitor or Graphics Card

Try it in Safemode and see it has the same problem.

Get to Safemode by tapping F8 on restart about every second and in the option screen use the arrow keys to choose safemode and press Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-monitor-or-graphics-card.525913/
Relevancy 71.38%

I recently bought a new graphics card in order to run a few new games I've installed it correctly and it seems to be running fine however when I plug my monitor into it it says out of range then turns black and I'm now at a loss of what to do. Please Help.

Relevancy 71.38%

hi i have a hewlett packard t uk desktop with a hpf tft monitor all was working well up until last month when the computer started acting funny sometimes it would just freeze up and sometimes it would freeze with multicoloured spots and dashes on the screen which could only be remedied by manually turning it off Then card problem HP graphics monitor with and when i turn the system on and then the monitor the screen is black and problem with HP monitor and graphics card it reads quot warning pc entering power saving mode quot the button on the monitor then goes from blue to orange which means that it has entered power save mode yet the desktop is working fine as it problem with HP monitor and graphics card still makes startup noises i have tried using a different graphics card i have taken out the mb asus n vida one and replaced it with a mb ati radeon celestica card after installing the card it kind of worked but it would not let me watch any kind of video it said i didnt have the necessary hardware when i turned the desktop off and back on i was confronted with the same problem the monitor kept going into power saving mode and turned off automatically if any one knows of a solution to my problem i would really appreciate it i have been to the shop where i bought it and ive been given a new monitor but the problem persists so i beleive the problem is elsewhere many thanks for your help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-hp-monitor-and-graphics-card.28115/
Relevancy 71.38%

Well for some reason I just can t play games because the screen just Card or Graphics Monitor Problem? changes when I Graphics Card or Monitor Problem? play games like Ragnarok Online Exteel Avalon Heroes C amp C Generals Etc Sorry I really need to mention these games because I can t properly play for some reason What I mean with changing the screen goes black randomly and it suddenly changes to a different image like a distorted screen but the distortion is a colored noise-like image and hangs But I don t know if that problem is in my Graphics Card installed or just the RAM or the Video Card existing in my CPU or just the Monitor It s Samsung Wide Screen When I play Flash-based games or Flash sites Graphics Card or Monitor Problem? it s just normal nothing happens When I screenshot with the description I said it just look NORMAL Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX series But I have also a problem here I installed GeForce series but FX shown in my screen resolution change Me and my brother tried everything we could do but we don t know what is the main problem Here are some photos http i photobucket com albums ll M s Photo jpghttp i photobucket com albums ll M s Photo jpg

A:Graphics Card or Monitor Problem?

Try a different monitor, temporarily.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303523/graphics-card-or-monitor-problem/
Relevancy 71.38%

hi i have a hewlett packard t uk desktop with a hpf tft monitor all was working well up until last month when the computer started acting funny sometimes it would just freeze up and sometimes it would freeze with multicoloured spots and dashes on the screen which could only be remedied by manually turning it off Then when i turn the system on and then the monitor the screen is black and it reads quot warning pc entering power saving mode quot the button on the monitor then goes from blue to orange which means that it has entered power save mode yet the desktop is working fine as it still makes startup noises i have tried using a different graphics card i have taken out the mb asus n vida one and replaced it with a mb ati radeon celestica card after installing the card it kind of monitor and with graphics card Hp problem worked but it would not let me watch any kind of video it said i didnt have the necessary hardware when i turned the desktop off and back on i was confronted with the same problem the monitor kept going into power saving mode and turned off automatically if any one knows of a solution to my problem i would really appreciate it i have been to the shop where i problem with Hp monitor and graphics card bought it and ive been given a new monitor but the problem persists so i beleive the problem is elsewhere many thanks for your help in advance nbsp

A:problem with Hp monitor and graphics card

Did you change the video drivers when you switched video card? If not that will cause alot of problems. Also make sure the processor fan is working and not clogged with dust.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-hp-monitor-and-graphics-card.28117/
Relevancy 70.95%

My computer that very rarely crashes at all just started BSODed out of the blue today get it I have absolutely no clue on what is going on except for that it maybe has to do with some sort of overclocking because when I start Windows in Safe Mode the computer doesn't crash or make weird lines which is another problem The computer makes weird horizontal lines all over the place It also happens in the BIOS but again not in Safe Mode for some reason I have no clue on what is going on so I will weird on event card lines problem? and BlueScreen Video monitor. just leave you PC magicians this Problem Signature Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA B F BCP BCP BlueScreen event and weird lines on monitor. Video card problem? OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Tufda AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I can also take a picture of what the lines look like if you are curious But for right now thanks in advance and have a happy new year

A:BlueScreen event and weird lines on monitor. Video card problem?

Welcome to 7F tufda, please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388752-bluescreen-event-weird-lines-monitor-video-card-problem.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Okay let me start off Card/Resolution/Monitor Problem Graphics giving my computer specs AMD Athlon XP processor mb DDR RAM Internal GeForce MX graphics card Windows XP I got this new computer and everything has worked just peachy However I wanted to play Deus Graphics Card/Resolution/Monitor Problem Ex Invisible War on my PC and the game requires Pixel Shaders The MX does not have said pixel shaders So Graphics Card/Resolution/Monitor Problem I dug out my other card a mb GeForce Ti I put the card in to my computer and everything works fine I download the latest drivers and play some Deus Ex However the problem begins when I tried to play other games My desktop worked just fine being in a x setting with bit colors However when I loaded up a number of different games I would get that lovely Out of Frequency Range Set Your Resolution Lower or See Monitor Guide screen that pops up when you re resolution is too high This continued to happen despite making every change I could think of in my color and resolutions and such Nothing would work so I pulled out the Ti and hooked back in my MX I would turn on the computer everything would seem to work fine it loaded until it got to the desktop in which I got the same Out of Freq screen again Couldn t even load my desktop on the MX now So I put back in the Ti fiddle around some more and still no change So thats why I am writing this Please get back to me nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

urgent help My computer is roughly years old A friend helped me assemble it and Monitor Help: Problem Graphics Card Urgent and it has worked fine until late I went to turn it on this morning and the log up screen came on as well as the Windows XP loading screen however from there it failed miserably The Monitor just said quot No Signal quot and after roughly seconds it shut down by itself only to restart again I chose reboot in normal windows mode however the process just repeated itself The computer is able Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem to boot up fine in Safe Mode however Safe Mode doesn t get me very far at all and I choose to try again to restart it Finally after a ton of attempts I Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem was able to have the computer reboot Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem only to have my friendly Microsoft Error Program to tell me there was a problem with my Graphics card While trying to find out what the problem was the computer froze and I m back to the drawing board Can someone please e-mail me and tell me what possible solutions I have My Specs Motherboard ASUS A n x ACPI Graphics Card Geforce Ti If you need any more information please e-mail me and ask what you will I will be very Grateful for whatever help you can provide E-mail schneiderj ripon edu nbsp

A:Urgent Help: Monitor and Graphics Card Problem

if possable do a fresh install of windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-help-monitor-and-graphics-card-problem.21475/
Relevancy 70.95%

I bought an LCD monitor ViewSonic VA wb last week and for the first few days it Monitor/Graphics Card Colour Problem LCD was working fine Then it started to flicker i e the colours blue or pink would flash on and off tinting the screen Previously I had a CRT monitor which was permanently tinted a deep pink or blue I was told that the guns in the monitor were busted LCD Monitor/Graphics Card Colour Problem My graphics card is old an nVidia GeForce MX with AGP X drivers are updated To try to determine if the problem was the card I switched the LCD monitor s plug to the integrated card - but it wouldn t work No signal would appear and then the monitor would just turn off the light went orange Then I went to the Device Manager and disabled the nVidia card while still keeping the monitor plugged in to that card Now the colour appears to be fine and LCD Monitor/Graphics Card Colour Problem there s no flickering but there s no right option for the resolution I m using a quot widescreen and everything is generally slow and crappy I ve also checked the cables to see if they were loose and the pins to see if they were bent Buying a new graphics card isn t really going to happen right now so my questions are Is it really a problem with the graphics card If it is is there any way to fix it without getting a new one How do I determine if the integrated card can support the LCD monitor nbsp

A:LCD Monitor/Graphics Card Colour Problem

Am I reading that you've disabled the NVidia card, but the monitor is still plugged into it and now the colors are fine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-graphics-card-colour-problem.552859/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am using an HP laptop with Vista,32 the display adapter is NVIDIA GE Force 7000. Whenever I use Windows Movee Maker and publish my file, the "publish to" menu stays on screen until I reboot as if it is burned in my monitor. I have tried closing and reopening the movee maker, closing all programs and reopening (then it is on the desktop) but the "publish to" does not disappear.

I publish a lot of movees as I make and edit photos, websites, etc. for a profession. So it is very annoying. Also I'm afraid it will burn into my screen.
Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-graphics-card-monitor-problem.658692/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Gateway GE computer using XP Serv Pack Ghz Intel Pentium G free HD space GB memory My monitor is by Gateway My graphics card is ATI Radeon X SE set at max refresh rate of Hz My problem arose problem - Monitor/Graphics Card Ubuntu when I installed the most Monitor/Graphics Card - Ubuntu problem recent version of the Ubuntu linux program v Monitor/Graphics Card - Ubuntu problem With this version it can be installed as a Monitor/Graphics Card - Ubuntu problem Windows program At one point during the long installation as a Windows program a small blue box appeared with the legend quot Out of Range kHz Hz quot The box went away and the installation seemed to be completed successfully However when I tried to shut down Ubuntu the blue box appeared again with the the same message This time my computer froze and I had to unplug it in order to free it up and reboot it in Windows Can anyone tell me the meaning and importance of the message in the blue box and what if anything I can do to avoid a repeat of this problem I enjoy using Ubuntu but certainly don t want to have my computer freeze up each time I try to exit it I have never previously had any kind of problem with my monitor or graphics card nbsp

A:Monitor/Graphics Card - Ubuntu problem

Seriousness: 4/10.

What it seems to be to me is that Ubuntu is for some reason setting your monitor's refresh rate to 87 Hz... "Out of Range 46.4kHz/87 Hz." When your monitor's maximum setting is probably around the 80 Hz mark.

When that message comes up, maybe try to quickly set the refresh rate to 75 Hz?

If that fails, maybe a clean install of Ubuntu is in order?

TheSaintsNortham.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-graphics-card-ubuntu-problem.714705/
Relevancy 70.09%

Before I bought my His Ati Radeon my other graphics card Geforce gt had fried itself and had caused images to not appear correctly on my monitor The screen had millions of vertical and horizontal lines on it and the screen also displayed broken images After I replaced my old graphics card with my His Ati Radeon my computer ran smoothly I had uninstalled all of my former graphics drivers and installed the corresponding drivers for my His Ati Radeon However occassionally the images on my monitor start to break up and Problem/ Card on Monitor Display Graphics Lines horizontal lines appear If I restart my computer the lines go away and everything runs smoothly Attached is a screenshot of the problem possible causes and background info -I have an Nforce i Sli motherboard Though I read that nvidia motherboards DO support Ati graphics Graphics Card Display Problem/ Lines on Monitor cards -I had updated my drivers Though I do not remember if the problem occurred Graphics Card Display Problem/ Lines on Monitor before I updated my drivers or not -Overheating -RAM for some reason -Something else entirely nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

hi. i am currently having this monitor driver/graphics card problem which i really cant figure out whether it's the monitor driver or the graphics card problem.

my display is set to 1920x1080 but it isn't displaying correctly: it has a 'bigger screen' than what it displays and i had to point my cursor to one side of the screen to "scroll the screen".

so is this problem got something to do with my graphics card or the display driver?
or i was thinking maybe some viruses/worms screwed up some system files.

sorry i'm kinda bad with my english, doesnt really know how to explain.

edit: oh yea i forgot to mention. sometimes when i start up my com it loads normal, otherwise it loads up in this eff-ed up resolution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-monitor-driver-graphics-card-problem.930366/
Relevancy 69.23%

Any help would be much appreciated My computer has onboard graphics Nvidia geforce nforce a which works fine I wanted to do a dual monitor setup with my TV Panasonic TH- PX U I first checked with my computer manufacturer quot Shuttle Barebones quot Card/Dual Problem Solved: Monitor Installation Please Graphics Help! and was told that the Nvidia Gforce GT graphics card would be a suitable choice I purchased an HDMI w Ethernet cable and installed the new card When I first made the installation the connection to the TV worked It displayed my desktop etc When I turned it off I was unable to get the signal back on the TV I checked with Panasonic tech support and was Solved: Please Help! Graphics Card/Dual Monitor Installation Problem able to determine that the problem is most likely that I must use the lowest resolution setting on the computer as the TV is not really meant to be used as a monitor but it could work As I had a picture and sound before I think it will work However I am having a heck of a time with the computer settings in Nvidia Control Panel and some strange readings in my Device manager for the new installation I disabled the original Graphics card and the computer monitor is functioning normally on the new card However the peculiar reading in device manager is this Under Display adapters the old card correctly shows up as disabled and also reads under quot Location quot Bus device function The working quot Enabled quot card reads quot Location PCI Slot PCI Bus Device Function O IS THAT CORRECT or does it mean that this card is somehow NOT registering correctly Second In the Nvidia control panel I setup a quot Dual quot setup with the computer monitor as my primary quot quot and the TV as my secondary quot quot When I click on quot Identify quot the primary is identified as and when I click on the TV secondary it is identified as quot quot also and in fact there is still no signal passing from the card to the tv but I will try to do this using the lowest resolution and see if it works again I am not certain which settings in the Bios like Onboard or PCI express are correct I did a tremendous amount of research and the only other thing I came across was that the setting for the card under registry edit should be quot Allowed quot and not quot Read only quot so I enabled that but it seems to insist upon quot Both quot Allowed and Read Only being checked Can anyone shed some light on this and offer advice as to how to get this setup to work Incidently the tv tech support had me check that my HDMI cable and HDMI connection on the TV were working properly and they ARE Many thanks for any assistance Anxious to get this solved nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey everyone,
When i try and upgrade my ATI Readon HD 2400 Pro graphics card, it always fails. I have no idea why this happen but none of the updates will work. I posted about this before but i am still clueless
There is an attachment. i am not sure if this has anything to do with it.
THanks,
Ben

A:Weird Graphics card error

Hi Ben,

See if uninstalling the video driver and and reinstalling them can help.

Are you using the latest 32-bit 8.11 version from: Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/195256-weird-graphics-card-error.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey I think there is something wrong with my card. I can't watch videos but video games work just fine, this started yesterday. Whenever I try to watch a movie i just get a blank screen, but sound works and it plays for about a minute, after that my computer lags a lot. I've tried all kinds of players, i've used Windows Media Player, VLC, Core Media Player, and i get the same result. This is getting really frustrating someone please help! Did i destroy my card? I have an ATI Radeon X700

A:My graphics card is acting weird

Maybe you don't have the correct codecs for it? Try CCCP.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-graphics-card-is-acting-weird.108075/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am having a weird graphics card issue on one of my computers. The computer has an XFX GTX 260 216. When I am playing games such as TF2 and left 4 dead 2 the computer crashes every 20 minutes or so. The weird thing is that I swapped out that card for an 8800gt and the computer runs fine. I put the GTX 260 in my other computer and that computer runs fine without any crashes on the same games. Temperature is not a problem because the GTX is running at a max of 55 C give or take a few. Both computers should have a big enough power supply, with both at 750w. Both running Windows 7. What do you think is causing the graphics card to run bad on one computer, but not the other? Thanks in advance for your help on this issue.

A:Weird graphics card issue

Have you tried downclocking the GPU core, shader clock and memory ?
If you downclock and the instability eases then most likely it's a Vram or VRM problem- a factory fault and not completely unknown with XFX branded cards-especially the XXX and Black Edition branded versions.
If you have no utility for downclocking then I'd recommend EVGA's Precision utility here:
http://majorgeeks.com/EVGA_Precision_d6209.html
and set up a profile knocking a couple of hundred MHz of the core and memory settings when the card ramps to 3D mode. The utility has a good alround monitoring system so you could install, leave the clocks at stock, fire up a game and when it CTD's quickly check the graphs for anomolies (temp, clock speeds) also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-graphics-card-issue.141265/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Recently I got a new graphics card for my computer the card was Galaxy NVIDA GEForce Well after install some things changed that I do not like Some games act weird In particular Halo CE Before card. graphics new w/ behaving weird Halo CE my graphics card this game ran well Now after the card when I start the game it remains at a screen w the word 'Halo' printed in the center which is normal But instead of starting the game it stays at this screen only it starts flashing This is starting to worry me Not just the flashing but afterwards I couldn't use explorer I'd click on explorer and it wont run Is there something wrong with the card computer or me I am still new to the forums and I don't know how to reply to what people say on my post here So if you reply to this if you could please check back to see if i replied with another comment Thankyou

A:Halo CE behaving weird w/ new graphics card.

Hello again,

As you mentioned you got a new card. Did you remove drivers of your old graphic card and then install the drivers for your new card?

If not, follow this.

1. Download Driver Sweeper. This small program will help you to remove left overs of your old driver.
2. Uninstall the drivers that you have now.
3. Reboot is Safe mode. Run Driver Sweeper. Select "AMD" or "Nvidia" (which ever card you had before this one). This will remove all the bits of old driver and make your PC clean.
4. Reboot in normal mode. Install the latest drivers for your card and reboot again.

Check and keep us posted

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/37633-halo-ce-behaving-weird-w-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Just to keep things straight, you're only supposed to hear the airflow from the graphics card, right? I just got a new one and it kind of sounds like the fan is grinding. I'm about to RMA it. I got an EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

A:Graphics card making weird noises

UR,
Likely it's fan is hitting it's shroud. You could try pulling it out and spinning the fan manually to see where it's hitting and see if you can push and make some clearance. Otherwise as it's a premium card then just RMA it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233686-graphics-card-making-weird-noises.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, so the screen on my PC has started doing this:

https://imgur.com/a/2cMJM

The room was very warm and my wife had left the heater on which is behind the PC. Could it have over heated and blown the graphics card, it's a good 4/5 years old now and it's not been performing very well when I've been trying to play newer games.

Full spec:

Intel i5 760 2.8GHz Socket 1156

Palit GTX 460 SONIC 1024MB

Asus P7P55 LX P55 Socket 1156

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz

Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB*

Kingston 128GB V200 SSD

A:Display has gone weird - Graphics card issue?

Try to clean your Graphics cards take it out and clean also the slot and also try. Total cleaning of your computer to repress the parts. Hopefully this computer will be Ok.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129107-display-has-gone-weird-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Today I got a new samsung 27" monitor and whenever I run a game the monitor will shut off then back on about every 15-20 seconds. I have a DVI to VGA (VGA into the CPU and DVI into the monitor) plugged in, and am using a 1920x1080 resolution. I have tried lowering the resolution to 1280x720 and it still shuts off. my old monitor is an 18.5" and it runs perfectly on my CPU. my CPU is an HP Compaq 8000 Elite USFF Desktop Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz 8GB 250GB w/ Win 7. I am not a big computer guy, and cant tell if this is because of my CPU graphics card not being able to handle the high resloution or the Monitor itself. all help is appreciated. thanks

A:monitor shutting off not sure if its my graphics card or the monitor

Try un-plugging PC and monior, and then re-plugging.
Then load defaults in BIOS.
Check if monitor is still being detected as the old one.

New monitor, can be defected, try on another PC/laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/374472-monitor-shutting-off-not-sure-if-its-my-graphics-card-monitor.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everybody

I am new to the forum and look forward to your advice.

My system is dedicated as a virtual recording studio and comprises

Pentium 4
XP prof SP2
Radeon 9250 128Mb
Cubase VST sx3 recording and production software

My problems arise from the installation of the Radeon. Their tech support advised uninstall and reinstall the drivers and download the new control centre.

This enabled cubase to display and run properly but still left me with an annoying problem on bootup.

I have photos of the screens if it will help. The image is unstable in that the screen breaks up continuously into blue vertical streaks until the windows welcome screen appears and then all is well. Entering BIOS setup the screens are more stable but the text letters are coloured alternatively red and yellow.

any ideas?

Relevancy 60.2%

replaced the stock fan on nvidia 6600gt graphics card and i can't get the monitor to come on. fan and all other components work but no monitor. reseated the card a couple of times but no go. any ideas? i'm sure i hooked everything up right.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all, new here.
I recently purchased a Chimei 22 inch wide screen monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer the images aren't really all that great, with the small text being blurry. When I try to change my display settings there is no option for 1680 x 1050. Is this because of my graphics card? How do I find out if my graphics card will support this monitor? Did I make a bad purchase?
Any help appreciated.

A:New monitor and graphics card???

First off, don't set the Monitor to the MAX.
Why because if your Video Card can't go that high you won't be able to use 1680x1050. In this case replace video card.

What video card are you using? This is not onboard video, better not be?

1. Go into Windows Control Panel and click on Display
2. Select Appearance Tab
3. Click on Effects
4. Check box: Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts
5. Go from Standard to ClearType (for LCD Monitors)
6. Go into Settings
7. Click Advance
8. Click on Adapter then on List all Modes

In the List all Modes you'll see how high your video card can go. Don't worry about refresh rates with LCD monitors. Those are for CRT tube.

Word of caution
Make sure Color quality is set to Highest (32-bit)
Don't max out your video card to support the LCD panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-monitor-and-graphics-card.75100/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hope this is the correct Forum. I want to buy an LCD Monitor Samsung Syncmaster 205bw -20inches or 225bw-22inches wide screen. Their native resolution is 1680x1050
My Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE
Does my card support a wide screen, also can I get/use the Native resolution with no problems ?
I am not a Gamer but do a lot of Image editing with Elements 4 & 5
Thanks Jester2

A:LCD Monitor & Graphics card

Single-Link DVI Support
Able to drive flat-panel displays up to and including 1600x1200. ( nvidia website )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-graphics-card.569029/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a compaq computer(Athlon 64 3500+) that has a built in graphics card. I was looking into throwing in a XFX GeForce 7600GS 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card (Dual DVI S-Video). I have a pci-e slot open so I know that isn't going to be a problem. The only thing I am worried about is that this new graphics card isn't going to have a vga output, which is the only connection my monitor has. Will I still be able to plug my monitor into the original vga output slot while using my new graphics card? If not, does anybody know how well a dvi to vga adapter works?

Thanks for the help!

A:New Graphics Card = New Monitor?

wileymiester said:

I have a compaq computer(Athlon 64 3500+) that has a built in graphics card. I was looking into throwing in a XFX GeForce 7600GS 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card (Dual DVI S-Video). I have a pci-e slot open so I know that isn't going to be a problem. The only thing I am worried about is that this new graphics card isn't going to have a vga output, which is the only connection my monitor has. Will I still be able to plug my monitor into the original vga output slot while using my new graphics card? If not, does anybody know how well a dvi to vga adapter works?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

yeah you just use an adapter to the new card, if you bought retail box t should have come with one.

http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/51/90ef7954-cfd3-11d6-a106-00805fbbb715.gif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-new-monitor.537102/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have recently bought a AOC spectrum moniter. Now when i play games, or play video clips, the images are blocky. There were ok with my old 15 inch moniter. I have a 16mb Vodoo 3 card. Unfortuanatly i got the pc second hand, and have no instructions. Is there any thing i need to adjust on my card to improve the graphics? I am using an AMD K6500 pc, 128mb Thanks for your help

A:Monitor/Graphics card

did you install the new monitor .inf file. Check and make sure under display that the monitor in recognized correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-graphics-card.35028/
Relevancy 60.2%

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP -UD It does not appear to have card? graphics monitor Add third - an quot on-board quot vga My graphics card is a GeForce GT I am using both digital outputs for the two monitors present My monitors are a pair of Asus VS H-P I am not a gamer but Add third monitor - graphics card? do appreciate a crisp display I mainly run general business programs such as word processor and spreadsheet internet browser email and sometimes enjoy watching a movie or video I wish to add a third monitor Two questions- Would using my old Acer P w be a mistake in the long run in that I can get another Asus VS for under What would the least expensive graphics adapter solution be that would maintain comparable quality I'm afraid I have been away from tech for too long and am a bit on the penny-pinching side right now I suspect that I should purchase the new third monitor but am completely lost when it comes to the adapter card- Thank-you very much for your consideration and expertise

A:Add third monitor - graphics card?

I'm not personally into multiple monitors. (My main system uses a 28" UHD one.)

This card looks like it'd work:

EVGA GeForce GT 710 DirectX 12 02G-P3-2717-KR 2GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card - Newegg.com

(eVGA GT 710). I suggest replacing the old Acer since it only does 1680X1050. With a third VS228H-P. you'd need a cable that works with the min HDMI port on the card. There are cheaper GT 7XX cards, but I'm not sure whether any support monitors.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/42582-add-third-monitor-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I am currently looking to buy a new pc for office use and the three main criteria are- The pc can handle or monitors connected to it It can comfortably operate several programs open at the same time using typical office applications email word excel pdf browser etc I want to have the 3+ up? Which monitor a for set card graphics programs open on several screens at the same time for convenience and time saving The total cost is reasonable I have been talking to Dell about taking one of their Precision systems a T with a xeon chip Ghz GB Ram Vista Business x and to be Which graphics card for a 3+ monitor set up? connected to of their quot S W Full HD monitors The salesman initially quoted for using the MB Nvidia Quadro FX card I later asked and i m not sure why i did this if he could confirm that this card is suitable He later wrote back that this card was probably not suitable after all and that i should go with the more expensive amp MB Nvidea Quadro NVS card So my question is is the FX adequate or not If anyone can offer advice i d be most gratefull thank you nbsp

A:Which graphics card for a 3+ monitor set up?

... Honestly. **** Dell.

For running 4 monitors, you need:
a ~120€ motherboard (high quality costs a little extra)
a ~70-150-200 € CPU
a pair of ~30 € graphics cards.
Where do you live?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphics-card-for-a-3-monitor-set-up.833070/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an HP Envy Desktop 750-114 and an HP V242h monitor. Colors, etc. on the monitor are flat, dull and almost gray. It's been like this since we got the computer about a year ago. I tweaked the contrast, etc., on the monitor and it's a little better, but still not great. So, do I need a new graphics card for the computer, or a new monitor? I'm afraid if I buy a new monitor, it'll be the same, dull and flat. If a new graphics card is needed, what would be a good one, and would I need a new power supply? My son does like to do gaming, so one that is good for gaming would be preferred. Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Do-I-need-a-new-monitor-or-graphics-card/td-p/5797770
Relevancy 59.34%

HD monitor monitor graphics Card with issues New is is an HPwide I installed its drivers My Graphics card is an ATI Radeon I think is the model the other computer is an Nvidia graphics card The monitor is connected with a KVM to both computers I updated the graphics drivers and the Nvidia seems to work New monitor issues with graphics Card but I can not use the MY HP porgram to configure the monitor so basically I can not fine tune the monitor to my liking it will run New monitor issues with graphics Card the HP tuning program but New monitor issues with graphics Card the options to change the settings are greyed out on the ATI machine basically the settings reset everytime I turn on the computer It is like they do not get memorized or something Using this computer for music production it causes isses with certain programs when i have to reset the resolution every time When the computer starts the resolution is huge and bubble pops up saying the computer is not optimized yadda yadda Do i need better graphics cards Maybe that is the issue I am just not sure nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-monitor-issues-with-graphics-card.609375/
Relevancy 59.34%

Good morning.

I have just been given a used computer which has a BFG GeForce 7600 graphics card with two
ports, each having three parallel rows of eight receptacles, beside which/at the end of which there is a group of four slightly smaller reciptacles in a square pattern.

My Acer LCD monitor requires the older 15-pin plug. Can I use this card with with my current monitor? I donít want to buy cables and adapters, unless it is going to work.

Thank you.

Relevancy 59.34%

I recently bought the components to put together a new PC I managed to assemble everything ok and install windows no problem It all seemed to be working fine but after a few hours of running the monitor goes black The monitor power light is still on not in standby but the screen is off This will happen normally after an hour or so If I switch the monitor off then on again it will return to normal but after a few minutes it will again switch off Nothing else is affected when it turns back on the screen is exactly as normal It will happen when in BIOS or in Windows XP so I m guessing its not a windows problem or drivers issue I flashed the MOBO BIOS but this had no effect So I m guessing the problem is either with my monitor or graphics card The systems details are Graphics Card - XFX GeForce GT Monitor - Acer AL WA Any help would be Problems with or monitor card graphics much appreciated nbsp

A:Problems with monitor or graphics card

It could be as simple as the power saving option causing it.

Right click on your background and select properties, then screensaver, then power, and set turn off monitor to never.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-monitor-or-graphics-card.48569/
Relevancy 59.34%

i just bought a quot FIC Powered by ATI XT MB Video Card quot from pcdirect com It hasnt worked once since i took it out of the box As soon as i plug the monitor into it the monitor goes black and the power light turns orange instead of green I plugged my old nvidia geforce FX in and everything works fine I thought maybe it was a driver issue but shouldnt the Blank Graphics Monitor = Card New monitor still work I was on the phone with a dell tech guy for two hours trying EVERYTHING including pulling out the New Graphics Card = Blank Monitor motherboard battery to clear its memory or something like that anyway does any have an idea as to why this isnt working or is it just defective thanks in advance i have to get to school so i wont be able to reply until later tonight o and add this to the equation i just tryed to put it into my year old Dell and it works FINE The other ocmputer is a year old Dell WTF this c auses me to believe that its not a defect but infact something with the monitor It goes into a power sleep mode everytime it connects so it must be Its a dell flatscreen nbsp

A:New Graphics Card = Blank Monitor

nymb: I don't know much about flat screen monitors, but I do know that they have a native resolution and trying to run them on a different resolution can give you problems. Could this be your problem?

I get from your post that you have 2 computers and 2 monitors. The card will not work on the 4600 with the flat screen, but it will work on the 4100 with a different monitor. Will the card work on the 4600 with the monitor from the 4100?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-blank-monitor.302398/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, recently I bought sapphire 6870 HD graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4102909&cm_re=sapphire-_-14-102-909-_-Product.

I deleted my old drivers and installed 6870 + the new drivers. I was testing the card for about 30 minutes then all of a sudden my computer went black and the fan from the graphics card went loud. When I tried to reboot, monitor wasn't turning on. I tried my 2 old videos card and they seemed to work but not the 6870. I'm wondering if its something I can fix or just get it replaced.

Thank you:

Power Supply: Zumax 750W
Motherboard: Asus M488TD
CPU (AMD): AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz
4 GB Memory
Old Graphics Card: EVGA GT 240 GeForce 1GB

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

When I go to my device manager and look under Monitors I see Generic PnP Monitor, this laptop is a Hp Compaq Pavillion CQ57. Why do I have this generic monitor loaded for my HP monitor?. I think Ive figured out what I need to do, go to device manager and uninstall the monitor entry. I need some advice, is this the correct way to do things, this is supposed to be a HD monitor and I having trouble displaying some HD movies, its been this way for years.

Nick

A:Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver

If your monitor is working ok now I would just leave it be. Right now the setting labeled "Generic PnP Monitor" is probably the "best fit". BTW I have two HD(1920 x 1080) Samsung monitors and they are both listed as Generic PnP Monitor.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/29658-have-i-got-right-graphics-card-monitor-driver.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I just got a new computer (Dell Precision 390 - XP Pro) and it came with ATI FireGL and I cant seem to get a picture on screen. My monitor is a HP w2007 and it had VGA/DVI input slots the ATI only sends out a digital signal. Can anyone see a reason why I cant get a picture on this monitor? Graphics card problem or monitor not wanting to go with it?

Thanks for help
Ash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-and-graphics-card-problems.634843/
Relevancy 59.34%

...and i'm pulling my hair out now at this point. I've tried two different video cards, same model (but the only type available) neither one works... and yes I had them both in nice and snug and fully plugged in. I don't know what to do now. Please help!

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I just built a new p.c and I'm trying to get a picture on the monitor.

The graphics card is not detecting the monitor. the monitor's a crt which the graphics card does not support, the graphics card is a ge-force 7600 by xfx, I used a bridge from the graphics card package. this allows the crt connection to attach to the lcd port on the graphics card. The monitor looses connection and the monitor lcd drops its color as soon as I hook it up to the bridge. I think that may be the problem, but I'm not sure.

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium x64. I used a dual monitor graphics card in my old computer with Windows XP. Took the card out and install it in my new computer and updated the driver. But, performance is poor. For example I can't use Vista Aero.
I would like to buy a new, relatively inexpensive dual monitor graphics card which is compatible with Vista premium x64. Any suggestions?

A:Dual Monitor graphics card

What card do you have, maybe it's not old.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/157147-dual-monitor-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Due to a shoulder injury I need to type and edit photos standing up. I thought I'd upgrade to a large high resolution monitor but wonder if my present system could handle it. The 19" monitor I'm using has a 1440 x 900 native resolution but I want a bigger monitor, maybe 30"and the resolutions are now 1920 x 1200 and 2650 x 1440 at the bigger sizes for photo editing. My HDTV, which I have linked via HDMI is a nice size but the resolution makes everything look very crude. I just can't see what I'm doing.

Do I need to upgrade the graphics card and power supply again? (I had to to install the newer Photoshop about 9 months ago)

I'm attaching system information. Thanks in advance.

A:Can I upgrade my monitor with the graphics card I have?

Yes you should be fine with that card as long as you don't do any gaming. PCs always look worse on TVs through HDMI, so with a large monitor (even at 1080p) you will see a world of difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335224-can-i-upgrade-my-monitor-graphics-card-i-have.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Problem I turn on my computer the monitor stays black It goes into the same mode that it s in when my computer is off a standby of sorts Monitor/Graphics card woes? It s not getting No Signal - it goes into No Signal mode with the lovely flashing icon if I unplug the cable from the monitor I ve opened up the case - the graphics card Monitor/Graphics card woes? fan is still working nothing in particular I did to break it I left the room it presumably went to sleep and it hasn t woken up I ve swapped in another monitor it gets the same problem All cables are secure and everything has power Here are the specs Windows XP Pro AMD Athlon Megs DDR Asus k SEV deluxe motherboard Zalman CNPS A CPU cooler ATI Radeon Pro Any help that you all could provide would be much appreciated Thanks -Greg I ll be checking these forums Monitor/Graphics card woes? religiously if you need more info or questions answered ask different monitors LCDs CRT have given the same results so I don t think it s the monitor nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm trying to help a friend out. This is the problem she is having:

"I can turn on screen and the power light just flashes. We tried to hook up another monitor and it would not work either. The screen if turned on will flash occasionally white then all black. Something is not connecting somewhere. Someone suggested it may be the video card."

Or is there something else we should be looking at?

I have been asking about another issue related to this question, but decided this might be the place to begin. That thread is found here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/791490-video-card-computer.html

A:Monitor not working - graphics card??

What is the system itself doing? Aside from the monitor is the computer itself booting up without a hitch? Generally where there is a bad piece of hardware you're going to hear something in the beep codes? Anything? A bad video card will usually stop a system before it starts? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-not-working-graphics-card.792412/
Relevancy 59.34%

I installed a new graphics card to my PC and it's using a DVI-I to VGA adapter and it's connected with a VGA (Yes, it IS a DVI-I) When I connect it using that the computer turns on, the monitor turns on, and there is nothing displayed on the monitor. The GPU (gigabyte gtx 770 4gb) is in correctly, I've checked many times. I tried using the mobo graphics and when I do, the monitor stays off and I hear one long beep and 2 short beeps. Whenever my PC turns on the light that shows it's 'loading' goes off after a few seconds and a quick tap of the power switch will shut it off completely. I'm so confused as to what to do and afraid I screwed everything up. I think it's a PSU problem but can't be sure. It's more than enough watts as well.

A:Monitor not turning on with new graphics card

Have you check your memory. To make sure it is still seated. Sometimes it can get jarred loose. When installing other computer parts .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-turning-on-with-new-graphics-card.198928/
Relevancy 59.34%

HI, Im new to this forum but I really need help.
My computer has been working for quite some time now, about 5 years, and suddenly i turn it on and usually when i turn my computer on, it hums very loudly, beeps, and then starts to come on. Today, I turned my computer on and it just kept on humming and the monitor showed no signal. I then started fooling around with the cables, unplugging and plugging them back in and that didnt work.

So I plugged my monitor into the regular slot on the cpu and the desktop screen came on. Before my monitor was plugged into my graphics card. Now my computer is on but the hum is constant and never stops. What can I do to fix this situation?

A:Problems with cpu, monitor, and graphics card

Whilst it's on, you may decide to backup any important user data (to CD or USB Flash drive; etc)

One of the best options is to open the side panel up, and then listen to where the "humming" is specifically coming from

After turning the computer off, you also may decide to remove all internal dust
Dust on or around electronic components can cause many issues including no post issues

Dust can either be removed by high pressure air (air cans can be purchased) obviously performed outdoors (really a lot of dust can be built up over 5 years, even 6 months!)
Removing all internal dust, could quite possibly fix the issue of humming

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-cpu-monitor-and-graphics-card.121689/
Relevancy 59.34%

i installed a new graphic card after uninstalling the old one. then when i turn computer on it started then shut down and won't start again after that. the computer starts but the monitor doesn't like turn on. i also notice that the power supply recommend for my graphic card is 250w and i have 230w. is it a power issue? also i removed the card and try to start ma computer without is and it still doesn't work plz help it is not even really my computer

A:Monitor not starting after new graphics card

Make sure you have connected the power supply to the video cards if there is such a connection. Since you only have a 230 watt supply, your system may not support the new card anyway. What is your system's specs and who makes it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-starting-after-new-graphics-card.105625/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey all,
I've got a bunch of HP Compaq dc5800 and dc6000 small form factors in the office I do IT support for. A couple of the employees have requested the use of multiple monitors, but I quickly discovered that the standard video card in these models does no support this function. I have looked on-line for an appropriate card replacement, but haven't found one that will fit into the compact design of the small form factor PCs.

Does anyone know of a specific make/model of graphics card that will fit? It doesn't need to be super powerful, just capable of running two monitors, (typically they have both a VGA and DVI port).

Thanks for your help.

A:Dual Monitor Graphics Card

Assuming PCI-E something like this would do the trick,

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N84STC-512I Rev2.0 GeForce 8400 GS Supporting up to 512MB(128MB onboard) 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/170791-dual-monitor-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I thought I could figure this one out. I need help figuring out what graphics card and monitor I need.

HP Pavilion 061
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, MMX, 3DNow,
Memory: 960MB RAM
Current card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU

I use this computer for logging onto Second Life and want a better graphics card. I will soon be buying a better, larger monitor too.

Mel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-upgrade-and-new-monitor.573107/
Relevancy 59.34%

my 7800gt is connected to a 6 year old crt monitor. When I drag a window on the desktop across the screen, their is delay like a tail behind it. Also when you quite a game or program such as 3dmark, the mouse pointer disappears, the only way to make it reappear is to right click. Is this my monitor not keeping up or the graphics card has a prob?

A:Graphics card or monitor prob?

Negotiator said:

my 7800gt is connected to a 6 year old crt monitor. When I drag a window on the desktop across the screen, their is delay like a tail behind it. Also when you quite a game or program such as 3dmark, the mouse pointer disappears, the only way to make it reappear is to right click. Is this my monitor not keeping up or the graphics card has a prob?Click to expand...

it is most likly vid card related as the old monitor is more likly to only limit you to resolution such as aoly letting you have a settoing as 800 by 600 as opposed to 1024 by 768.

i know this as i have a few monitors here that are quite older then your 6 year old one and they have no problem displaying graphics as long as the settings are 800 by 600

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-or-monitor-prob.437388/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello new to the forum have used tips from searches before that have been very helpful thank you To wits end I am stumped after 7 not Monitor Win Card Graphics or recognizing installing a new SSD HD today and clean install of Windows Home Premium bit OS The problem I am having is that in device manager under Display Adapters it list Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Also for Monitors it Lists Win 7 not recognizing Graphics Card or Monitor Generic PnP Monitor I have downloaded and updated the latest drivers for each hardware and a I am still getting the same result This is frustrating since I could not image my old version of Windows from a larger slower HD to the new faster SSD HD Windows imaging suggests that the new HD must be larger than the old HD Win 7 not recognizing Graphics Card or Monitor in order to do an image restore I have read this is not the case however found that in no way have I been able to successfully image restore my old OS from the larger HD to the new smaller SSD HD In that version of the OS everything worked well I am stumped trying nearly all of today - really more like - hours but am frustrated Any suggestions would be welcome Thanks in advance

A:Win 7 not recognizing Graphics Card or Monitor

Hello and welcome Magua I ma a bit confused as to what you are trying to image do you mean the system as it was surely not the whole old HDD to the SSD.

Plus did you set the SSD up first as it prepares the drive properly for install.

SSD Alignment

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276009-win-7-not-recognizing-graphics-card-monitor.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I've been having a whole bunch of problems with my AMD Radeon HD graphics card and my Dell monitor which I don't know the model of To start off my PC started to overheat Issue Monitor & Card Graphics and shut down every so often so I opened it up and cleaned everything out to my surprise it actually worked While I was cleaning it Monitor & Graphics Card Issue I removed my GPU and removed the dust from the fan as well then I put it back in again Then yesterday morning I woke up and powered on the PC the fans and everything else was working with it However there was no display on the monitor it just kept going into some sort of 'Power Saving' mode I checked the GPU and the fan was working fine but I still thought it was the GPU so I was planning on buying one after Christmas Then just now I remembered that I have a working PC in another room so I hooked it up to the monitor and plugged everything in and powered it on but there was no display on the monitor it just did the same thing and went into the power saving mode again The GPU in this PC is integrated however my new PC is separate So basically I want to know what the problem is and how I should solve it Should I go ahead and buy a new GPU for my PC or should I buy a new monitor Is it the monitor GPU Thank you I hope to get a reply soon

A:Monitor & Graphics Card Issue

Hello HazzaB,

I would be surprised if it was the monitor. The other PC you mentioned connecting it to, does that have it's own monitor? If yes, can you try that monitor on your main PC?

How are you connecting the monitor? VGA or DVI cable? Can you try a different cable?

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/315845-monitor-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I have a Nvidia GTX 580 GPU

I have just bought a Dell UltraSharp U2713HM - running a resolution at 2560*1440.I know it's not a gaming screen, but I still manage to run games pretty well.

But I'm thinking. If I get a better GPU will that make the games run even better at 2560*1440 ?

Thanks

A:Graphics card and monitor resolution ?

Yes. In general a larger, more powerful graphics card will run games better at higher resolution. It can get much more complicated than that, but in general, this is the deal.

For best advice about what to expect in higher performance from any particular card over your 580 (which is no slouch by the way) you could ask here, or better, over in the Gaming forum where all the graphics-heads hang out. They start talking about Frame Rates and Cuda Cores and I just glaze over!

For instance, when you compare your 580 to my 660 you can see that in some categories your card is better:
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=637&card2=680

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282646-graphics-card-monitor-resolution.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I don?t know how better to explain than with pics:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7059/p1010125rgb.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3509/p1010126c.jpg

When I started my pc that?s waht I got. I checked the cables and saw that the one from the monitor was loose ? the thingy on pc was actually loose. I am actually missing one of these little ones, and the other one got loose:

I tightened it ? same thing.
Bought new ones ? same thing!
What can be the problem? The contact or something just died on me?

Thx in advance!

A:Graphics card, monitor or just cables?

Those are just screw anchors, and one or more may be stripped. They have no bearing on electrical or video problems except to keep the video cable connected and secure. Looks like the computers video card is dieing... besides the stripped screws. Try another monitor to be sure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-monitor-or-just-cables.129978/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

Anyone out there have experience with/ recommendation of a 4 monitor graphics card? With the possibility of getting 2 of these cards and expanding to 8 monitors? Linux compatible?

I know it's a bit of an ask, but I'm going around in circles on the interwebz.

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573895/recommend-a-4-monitor-graphics-card/
Relevancy 59.34%

I've just bought a DELL 2209WA, which I'm running on a Radeon 9250 128mb card and XP. I know the card is an antique, but I don't game and only need it for processing photos (I'm a professional photogrpaher).

I was under the impression the card should run this at full res, but I can only get 1280 out of it with the newest drivers installed. I've since tried the Omega v3.8.252 and this hasn't helped.

Any ideas? I'll get a new card if necessary, but would prefer to just get this sorted.

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm having a very wierd problem.

Basically when I start my PC up and get to the windows logon screen - my monitor is switching on and off quickly. Like it cannot keep up with a refresh rate. The screen also sometimes goes white.

If I manage to log on to the PC, after the PC has settled the issue stops - so im not sure if it is some odd software causing it or whether it is something to do with the monitor.

I Have a CTX TFT Monitor and a Radeon X800 Pro using the Omega drivers (which I have used for years)

I hadn't upgraded the omega drivers any time before this started, and I have the most up to date drivers now and the issue is still going on.

Any help appreciated,

A:TFT Monitor / Graphics Card - Turning on and Off

Have you tried waiting for the computer to load up, and then turning the monitor on? Try giving it a couple of minutes to make sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tft-monitor-graphics-card-turning-on-and-off.510199/
Relevancy 59.34%

Working on a Gateway ATXSTF MNT 700C, running XP and it has a Gateway FPD1810 monitor. And has a Radeon 9000 Series graphic card.

The sys tray has An ATI Catalyst control center. Only showing a pug and play monitor.

The monitor sometimes shows log-on screen and then goes into "power saving mode" which you can't get out of. Hard reboot.

If the monitor does stay on it almost always prompts to "Active Desktop Recovery screen". If I do that it screen goes to sleep have to hard reboot.

I have changed the connection from PC to monitor. No joy.

Also screen is freezing. Created a Sys restore and click on "Create" and screen froze. Ctrl, Alt, Delete will not work either.

New message - VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.

A:Monitor graphics card acting up?

Try running this test on the graphics card. Be very carefull with the temperatures.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ļC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
- Click "Quit" to exit

You could also try reinstalling the graphics card drivers with the latest version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-graphics-card-acting-up.168005/
Relevancy 59.34%

So i have a mix computer i just bought as a bare bones kit im running windows 7 home basic 2 gigs ddr2 ram a geforce 9500gt 1 gig graphics card with 2 dvi input and a s video hook up i have a amd 64x2 dual core 2.2 ghz processor with a bio star mother board any way i hook up the computer to my tv through s video and it works fine but when i hook it to my vga monitor with an adapter it does not work any thoughts

A:Trying to get my VGA monitor to work with my DVI graphics card

please explains exactly what happens when u connect the monitor? nothing at all? does the monitor say anything? does it say that theres no input?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-get-my-vga-monitor-to-work-with-my-dvi-graphics-card.147748/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm pretty sure it's been narrowed down to my graphics card being bad from the following post: BSOD - Random - Usually When Playing Video

So, I guess I need to buy a new one. Any advice? I currently have two 17" Dell 1280x1024 LCD monitors and a 40" Sony 1920x1080 LCD TV hooked up for watching movies/tv shows. My current card is in my system specs. I just want to be capable of standard tasks on the two 17's and 1080p video on the 40 at the cheapest possible.

Thanks

A:Need new graphics card for 3 monitor setup

I recommend anything made by EVGA, preferably something in the 700 or 900 series.

A 750 Ti would be a great choice.

http://www.evga.com/default.asp

EVGA - Products - EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti w/ EVGA ACX Cooling - 02G-P4-3755-KR

Could you please let us know your make and model of power supply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/369631-need-new-graphics-card-3-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hello guys im not really that experienced with this sort of thing but i have a basic and general understanding of computers and how they work. well my problem seems to be coming form my computer itself i have these pink block like lines on the screen running vertically down my monitor and it is covering every thing so i cant see whats behind them :/ i have tried using a different monitor and even my tv and it does the same thing i also have tried another cable from monitor to pc but to no avail :/ any helpful tips and advice would be much appreciated guys thanks for your time

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

It seems that when I turn on my computer or wake it up from a sleep the image on the screen is vibrating / quivering ever so slightly. However after a minute the image has completely stabilized.

My monitor is a xerox XA7 lcd display which is now 7 years old. My graphics card is a secondhand nVidia GeForce 8600 GT.

What's interesting is that I have an LED TV hooked up to the HDMI out on the graphics card and the image on the TV is always perfect.

So is it my xerox monitor that is failing? Or could it be that just the DVI on the graphics card is failing and the HDMI is fine?

Thanks for your expertise!

A:Either my monitor or graphics card is failing... but which is it?

Duncan,
Can you borrow a friends monitor and test it with your card? Also make and un-make the connections to the card to the monitor to clean and refresh their connections and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212498-either-my-monitor-graphics-card-failing-but.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I installed a monitor formerly used with a dell C521.. worked very well for 7 years.. I bought a new Dell 660s and use it with that same old monitor.. works very well....I wanted to salvage some material from the old C521 and hooked it up to the same monitor that had worked so well for 7 years. Message on screen tells me that I have to" hook it up to a graphics card .".... as the connection that always did work, no longer allows for any function.... What's the answer?
Oneoldman

A:Graphics card connection to monitor

Does that C521 HAVE an addon Graphics card installed in it?? If it does did you plug the monitor into the GPU port or the port on the I/O plate??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-connection-to-monitor.1119480/
Relevancy 59.34%

one problem after another i just recently purchased a new HD tv monitor the screen works perfectly with my ps and stuff however when i connect my ONBOARD VGA CARD Nvidia Geforce to the screen it will work perfect until i pass the windows xp loading screen then the screen goes all funny and then it disconnects i then purchased Card Issues! Monitor Graphics New New a new graphics card geforce gt to solve this issue i also needed to upgrade i connected my card to New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues! the PCI-E slot but still i get a blank screen the card dont load i tried installing the drivers from the actual CD but New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues! i get prompt New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues! saying my chipset is to old the thing is ive borrowed the same graphics card before and it worked on my system perfectly i even installed the drivers from the nvidia website and still no hope ive updated my motherboard nforce xx and still no hope ive managed to get my onboard card working with my new monitor but the windows is to large and if i change the resolution then my monitor stops working and disconnects with my pc i have GB DDR RAM Nvidia Geforce Onboard which im using now Nvidia Geforce GT Dont Work Nforce Motherboard AMD GHZ Ferguson FullHD Monitor this is really bugging me any one help nbsp

A:New Monitor New Graphics Card Issues!

I would suggest you try (while using the on-board card), connecting to the internet; going to the manufacturers website of your video card and downloading/installing the most recent drivers. Then, disable your on-board video in Device manager, and shutdown your computer. Attach the 9500GT and restart your computer; allowing Windows to detect and install it.

You may also want to go into your BIOS and disable on-board video prior to booting back into Windows with the 9500GT.

See if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-monitor-new-graphics-card-issues.948539/
Relevancy 59.34%

No signal on monitor when installing new Graphics card I have just bought a new Graphics card Radeon HD to replace my old one Radeon x series the problem starts when I insert my new Graphics card into my comp I get a no signal on my monitor through the graphics card or the vga slot on my comp while the new one is in place signal card new monitor on graphics no so I can t install the drivers to set it up yet when I take it out and re install the older card everything is fine I have tried unisttalling my drivers for my old card and then inserting my new card to see if there was a conflict there but no signal on monitor new graphics card to no avail the same thing happens I an running a HP pavilion a computer with windows ultimate on it and the mother board is a PSLP-LE the is HDMI and the driver disc does support Win can anyone advise me where to go no signal on monitor new graphics card from here as I am stuck Please I have GB ram which is DDR and the new card is a GB DDR would that make a difference

A:no signal on monitor new graphics card

RAM and GPU memory can't be an issue, only compatibility issue could be with PCIe port. eventually but not too probable. If you can't see picture of BIOS, it has nothing to do with drivers (yet). Did you try resetting BIOS/CMOS ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61194-no-signal-monitor-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have 1 pci-e x16 slot, which is currently in use by a video card. When I install my new nVidia 8400GS 256MB PCI Express Graphics Card and turn on my computer there is no signal detected on my monitor, my computer turns on and beeps once, everything is plugged in fine, and the graphics card works on other computers, I have also tried using other monitors which doesn't work. When I install my old video card the monitor works fine. Does anyone know how to make my new graphics card work?

A:No Monitor Signal, New Graphics Card.

Welcome to TSF....

There has to be a computability problem between this video card and your computer, not all cards will work where they are supposed to Are you sure the card is seated properly into the pci-e slot? Since the old pci-e card works we can be reasonably sure the pci-e slot is ok. Where did you purchase the new video card at? Is this place close to you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-monitor-signal-new-graphics-card-293811.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So here s the deal My with Problems card monitor/graphics computer has been in storage for about three months now I just got back to college from the summer and hooked the whole thing up The first night I had Problems with monitor/graphics card it going my computer froze on me I assumed it was a cpu mouse keyboard freeze When I rebooted my computer Problems with monitor/graphics card my boot screen came up and it had colored lines through the Dell logo and various alphabetical characters across the screen It continued to freeze as soon as the windows XP was loaded My monitor would shutdown and say that it was working but receiving no signal The only thing that fixed this was rebooting but it would do the same thing as soon as windows reloaded I hooked the speakers up and I can hear the windows boot up after my monitor stops receiving a signal and I can randomly click with my mouse and hear the action perform I was able to pull up one of my music files and it played fine THe only problem was that I was not able to see anything while doing this This made me think it a monitor graphics card issue They re both factory issued My card is an Nvidia Gforce I believe and the monitor is a trinitron At this point I can load windows for about minutes and then a blue haze comes over the screen and the monitor freezes again I reboot and the characters and colored stripes run through the boot screen Any help would be greatly appreciated I have no access to another monitor though I do have an svideo outlet if anyone knows if I could use my tv with that in place of a monitor to test it not sure if my current card is capable of that I would rather not buy one or the other monitor card and it end up NOT being the problem Thanks much in advance for ANYTHING nbsp

A:Problems with monitor/graphics card

Definately sounds like the videocard has some issues.

I'd pull the PC apart and verify if the fan on the videocard is working properly. As the PC was stored, it's possible the fan has frozen up from the inactivity time and this corresponds to the time involved before it starts acting up. You might be able to give it a "helper spin" to get it going once again, but eventually may need to either replace the fan and/or videocard if it's just hung up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-monitor-graphics-card.33149/
Relevancy 59.34%

My new graphics card (nvidia geforce 6200a, AGP) arrived not long ago, and today I installed it, but there appears to be a problem... my monitor isn't working. When I first put the graphics card in and turned the computer on, the monitor was just flashing orange. I then turned the monitor power off for about 20 seconds and turned it back on and then my monitor was permanently green, but nothing whatsoever. I have onboard graphics too if that's revelant. My monitor is also very old but has worked perfectly fine before.

A:New graphics card - monitor not working :(

Take the board out and see if onboard graphics works. If it does, start up windows and uninstall your onboard graphics drivers. Also look in the BIOS Setup for an Init Display First (PCI or AGP) and set it to AGP. Power off and reinstall your new card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-monitor-not-working.535102/
Relevancy 59.34%

Good evening
i was playing civilization when suddenly most of the colours turned pink
when i restarted my pc, everything looked blured. then i went to upgrade my video card drivers... restart, same thing.. but after i changed the monitor display settings, it started to look like this: (an image is attached to this post)

if i go to the device manager setup, under the monitor tab i have this alert

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Home Premium Edition (Build 7600)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-issue-monitor-displaying-columns-of-weird-colors.168529/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I bought a new graphics card ATI Radeon AGP and I plugged it into my AGP slot after removing my old NVIDIA Geforece Ti graphics card and its drivers When I turn on the power supply with my new graphics card in my monitor doesn t turn on and remains on standby mode I made sure that everything is plugged in properly Is there a way of allowing me to fix this problem so I can carry on with installing the drivers Here is my system overview ------------------ System Information new turn put in after card my Monitor I on graphics doesn't ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AWARA Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Default System Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS C DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell M Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-F - C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x C DE Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoPr... Read more

A:Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card

You see no video at all, even no bios screen? If this is true, the new card may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-after-i-put-in-my-new-graphics-card.142240/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a HP Pavillion Model No. p7-1423w I replaced the stock power supply with a 600B 600W Bronze Power Supply.

And installed a EVGA Geforce GTX 660 and have it powered by the new power supply.
When I connect the new graphics card Via DVI-D And I got no signal.

I rebooted into the BIOS to try to disable the on board graphics but I saw no option to do so.

Any help would be appreciated Im nervous about this $320 investment if it doesn't work. Any ideas on what could help?

A:No signal to monitor after installing new graphics card.

Did you plug in the 6/8 pin power connectors to the card itself?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/38113-no-signal-monitor-after-installing-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys Mettalknight here

I recently bought a new Graphics Card (A Powercolor HD7750 Pic) this graphics card has 1 HDMI 1 VGA and 1 DVI slot. My old graphics card had the same setup so I thought no problem I will just take my 2 vga monitors and since I already have a converter it will work no problem right? Well I was wrong on that one. So my VGA monitor now works but the one that is converting from DVI to VGA doesn't. Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to go out and buy a new converter?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Mettalknight

A:Got a new graphics card and now my second monitor doesn't work

The problem is that the new card is DVI only on the DVI port. Also what you are connecting with is not a converter but an adapter. An actual DVI to VGA converter can cost upwards of $100 or more, where the adapters are a couple of dollars at most.

Sounds like your old card (what was it by the way?) was intended to do VGA over the DVI port in addition to the native VGA port. Unfortuneatly there is much you can do in this regard as very few if any cards made recently do more than VGA from one port, either native or via DVI adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/295208-got-new-graphics-card-now-my-second-monitor-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I moved my Geforce Low-Profile card from my Dell Slimline to a pre-built store bought ZT regular sized tower Temporarily til I can afford a normal sized one for this computer The graphics card fan works and is on when the SIGNAL - NO Card Monitor into when plugged Graphics - computer is on but when I plug the monitor into it goes into sleep mode and says check cables I have an onboard Monitor - NO SIGNAL - when plugged into Graphics Card AMD card I disabled it and removed the AMD software and drivers from the computer At least I believe I did Right the card is out of the computer til I can figure out a solution Any advice please and if you need any info please let me know This is really frustrating The slimline at the moment needs to be repaired with a new fan and power socket Monitor - NO SIGNAL - when plugged into Graphics Card so I cannot switch back and forth and see if that same could be happening to the slimline I was using the slimline months ago with the card so it was working nbsp

A:Monitor - NO SIGNAL - when plugged into Graphics Card

You could be unlucky in that simply removing it from the old system has damaged it, it can easily happen, but we cant check that at the moment.

What are the full system specs for the new machine? i.e. exact make and model if its a prebuilt or make and model for the motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply etc if it is a self / custom build?

How did you disable the AMD card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-no-signal-when-plugged-into-graphics-card.1162217/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok please be gentle blank card Help startup monitor New on Graphics as i dont know New Graphics card monitor blank on startup Help much about computers I have just installed Nvidia geforce fx mb graphics card When i startup i have a blank screen I need to take the monitor cable out of Nvidia card slot and put it in another slot i presume it s the onboard slot Now i see a red box flashing connection msg then i take it out the onboard slot and move it back to the slot for Nvidia card and everything works fine This only really happens if the computer is off for a while but if i am New Graphics card monitor blank on startup Help just restarting then i dont have to move the cables to different slots everything starts up as normal I understand you may need to know some info regarding my computer but you will probably have to tell me where to look to find this info lol What i do know is that its a Compaq presario S UK Intel Pentium CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM windows xp pro I appreciate any help that you can offer Thanks nbsp

A:New Graphics card monitor blank on startup Help

Hi all i guess this isn't any easy problem to fix. I have reset defaults in Bios and also updated the Bios. Since this i noticed in the setup PCI is now set as the primary instead of AGP/onboard.
Thought that i had sussed it ! Switched off for a few mins then started up and again and blank screen again grrrrrrrr. Once again switched vga connector to motherboard vga port and screen powered up but no display. Switched it back over to PCI port and everthing is connected and running.
I feel i may have to disable onboard graphics but there is no sign of it in device manager.
Please someone help Please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-monitor-blank-on-startup-help.636556/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ugh I think I did something stupid Today I was just playing around with Graphics card/monitor Solved: issue my PC HP Pavilion a p and randomly decided to try to install a graphics card I had bought a few years before This computer was working on only its integrated graphics and I just wanted to be able to play basic games I Solved: Graphics card/monitor issue am pretty tech-savvy but I think I may have gotten a little lazy and skipped a step in the installation process The card that I installed is an e-GeForce MX MB It s not anything special but whatever works Anyway I turned off the power disconnected all the cables opened the casing and inserted the PCI card into the PCI port There was something which was already using the slot - a k modem I presume I don t know because I don t use a modem - so I removed it and plugged in the graphics card I reattached the casing plugged everything back in correctly so please don t ask if the cables are attached correctly to the correct port and powered up the computer Here s where the problem started The computer turned on and everything was dandy but then the monitor displayed quot Monitor is going to sleep quot I tried unplugging the VGA cable replugging it back in plugging it into the integrated graphics instead of the supplement and none of it worked I m using our laptop right now but I REALLY need the PC back because it s got all of my work on it What could be the problem I even tried removing the graphics card I installed putting the modem back in place and using the integrated graphics VGA port and that did the same thing Something that may be important whenever I unplug the cable from the computer s VGA port either one - installed and integrated the monitor says quot Check video cable quot This means that the monitor is detecting a source but its unable to detect an input signal as conveyed by the screen saying VGA no input DVI no input Please help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

First my specs OS Windows Vista ghz Intel Celeron gigs of RAM gb HDD GFXCard trying to install Geforce FX Alright so this is a simple question shouldn t be difficult to answer I ve read that sometimes you don t have to disable the Onboard Graphics in the BIOS when putting in the gfxcard So I stuck it in without disabling in hopes Graphics detect it? - Monitor won't Card Installing that I didn t have to Well the monitor won t turn on so I just have to pull it back out of the processor The weird thing is it won t even Installing Graphics Card - Monitor won't detect it? turn on if I have the monitor plugged into the onboard gfx slot It won t until I completely remove the GForce FX So I went into the BIOS and saw that the Primary is selected as PCI and not Onboard even though I use chipset Could that be why the monitor is getting confused But here s my main question before I get started in all this if I choose the Primary Video in BIOS as PCI-E would I still be able to see the monitor once it turns back on In other words would I be able to change the bios back if the gfxcard don t work Will the onboard video work regardless of what s chosen in the BIOS menu Would appreciate ANY help Thanks in advance EDIT oh and hey does the GeForce FX support x resolution Could that be the problem it s not detecting it nbsp

A:Installing Graphics Card - Monitor won't detect it?

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following it custom or home built, Mother Board, Processor, Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-graphics-card-monitor-wont-detect-it.846671/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, everyone. Sorry to come here and ask questions again.

So recently, my friend is selling away his Acer monitor pretty cheap because he wanted to upgrade and I decided to grab it. It is Acer P223W monitor.

I was wondering...

- Can I run 2 DVI cables from my graphics card which has 2 DVI and 1 HDMI because the Acer P223W only has DVI and I intend to run dual-monitor out of it along with my current Acer P193W.

Sorry about this, I have no idea in the cable connection and everything. I have tried Google'd but my searching abilities sucks.

A:Dual-Monitor Connections on Graphics Card

I don't own one, but a 560ti should be fine for dual monitors.

I believe that it won't support more than two, should you ever care.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/269090-dual-monitor-connections-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have just installed a new HIS HD into my system and Im not getting anything on the screen I have hit google and forums hard and done everything I think is possible to get this working I have reset the cmos updated bios installed gpu drivers for new card before and after obviously uninstalled the previous nvidia drivers Literally spent hours last night slaving over this and i just cant get my head round whats wrong When I put the previous card in it works fine again and also when the new card is in I signal No please help! card to after graphics - new installing monitor dont get a signal from the onboard vga which I thought was weird The psu isnt the problem because its more than enough to run the new card and is a brand new ocz stealthxstream w plus I can see the cards fan is running when its installed Is there some detailed way of removing the original gpu graphics that i havnt thought of Is the HD just too good for my system motherboard Specs Pentium D ghz w ozc psu GB PC - Ram Windows Vista bit Asus P LP-LE Leonite-GL E motherboard The old gpu is a GeForce LE mb I suspect if i have indeed tried everything possible then the card might No signal to monitor after installing new graphics card - please help! be faulty but I just worry if i get it replaced which will take weeks the same problems will occur My morale is broken and my hopes of running crysis even on the lowest settings are fading lol I will literally try anything to get this to work Cheers nbsp

A:No signal to monitor after installing new graphics card - please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-to-monitor-after-installing-new-graphics-card-please-help.934683/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all - ok i switched my pc on today and when it came to the winsows 7 login screen my monitor went dark. The blue power light stayed on (didnt go to standby) but no picture at all.

i tried moving the DVI cable to another DVI port at the back of the computer to no avail.

Also when i push the Source button on the monitor i get a picture for 2 secs then blank again....

i have tried another monitor on my pc and all is fine, so isnt a graphics card issue..
any ideas - ps its a LG W2252 TQ PFT monitor...

thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

I recently got a VGA-HDMI Cable, so I could link my TV to my computer, but when I went to plug it in, my computer did not detect it. I then tried to force my computer to detect it, as many of the things I saw online recommended this, but this did not work either.
Please help me!
Thanks
J
Also, if its any help, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series, and as this is a laptop, I cant really get a new graphics card.