Windows Support Forum

"cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

Q: "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

I have had this problem numerous times in the past where the installation proceeds "cannot installation device." specified" the "during find file the the of then ends with the messages During "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." the installation of the device The system cannot find the file specified and it goes into a detection loop HERE is the solution Windows XP has a bug that it cannot properly detect new hardware by inf "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." files if the RunOnce registry key "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." is missing for the following location HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion This key is often used by installers to execute post-reboot programs but sometimes they accidentally delete this key IMPORTANT This article contains information about modifying the registry Make sure that you understand how to backup and restore the registry in case a problem occurs Please read the linked Microsoft Knowledge Base article prior to editing the registry Go to Start Run and enter quot regedit quot Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion With CurrentVersion Highlighted go to the Edit menu and select New Key Name the key RunOnce leaving everything else about the key alone The RunOnce key should now exist underneath the CurrentVersion key Once the key exists Windows XP stops redetecting the Hardware nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-the-file-specified-during-the-installation-of-the-device.235959/
Relevancy 122.14%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 118.11%

quot no audio device "No -- sound playback card "no "no device" -- audio found" was device" quot quot no playback device quot quot No Sound Card was found quot ok I m stuck puzzled I recently had a professional computer fix it company wipe my computer and now I do not have any "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" sound I do not have even the little icon "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" on the bottom left hand corner "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" to turn volume up or down My keyboard does not allow me to turn the volume up or down it seems unresponsive to volume but does light up on the screen showing VOLUME but of course there is no volume I am computer illiterate and thirsty for answers Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Media Center Edition Version Service Pack System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model Enclosure Type Desktop RC AA-ABA a n BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Volume indicates quot no sound quot and Device Volume is all the way to LOW and everything is GREY and untouchable unchangeable Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Audio indicates quot no playback devices quot on Sound Playback Sound recording is working fine as I use skype many times but I can not hear the other party but they can hear me just fine Starting with the BIOS I went into Audio and made sure this was enabled it was downloaded installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and downloaded installed REALTEK AC Audio the DEVICE MANAGER gt system speaker says there are no drivers installed for this device Device Manager shows NO yellow flags DEVICE MANAGER gt Sound video and game controllers has gt ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA gt Audio Codecs gt Legacy Audio Codecs gt Legacy Video Capture Devices gt Media Control Devices gt USB Audio Device gt Video Codecs Checking all hardware reveals that all devices Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Devices Media Control Devices etc are working properly I have tried the Windows XP trouble shooting menus without success I have RUN gt typed in quot services msc then checked Windows Audio gt General verified that Start up type is quot Automatic quot and even gt Windows Audio gt Restart the Service on all failures yet still no sound I have checked the speakers and it seems like there is noise static coming out but i can only hear it if earplugs are plugged in so it seems that the connection is fine after RUN gt typing in quot dxdiag quot DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL gt Sound it reads under notes quot No sound card was found If one is expected you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer quot This is where I get fuzzy and lost Do I need a new sound card installed Is that the problem I would be grateful for any advice that could be offered Please speak in laymans terms and explain in detail your directions Thank you kindly nbsp

A:"No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found"

STLj said:

<snip>
after RUN>
typing in "dxdiag"
DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL>Sound
it reads under notes,
"No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer".

This is where I get fuzzy and lost. Do I need a new sound card installed? Is that the problem?Click to expand...

That dxdiag "no sound card" message is misleading as I've found it says that if no driver OR sound card. I think you're missing the right driver

Also, it would seem from your post you have High Definition (HD) audio. Which means you'll need to find the right High Definition audio driver. (AC97 pre-dates HD audio so the Realtek AC97 couldn't be right)

Try starting on the HP support website HERE and enter your model number or they have a button where they'll try to identify your product and drivers for your model. They should list an HD audio driver there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-no-playback-device-no-sound-card-was-found.177518/
Relevancy 117.8%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 116.56%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 114.39%

Hi Guys, any ideas how to access my external hard drive [TOSHIBA MK3029GACE] device manager can see it but it does not appear in disc management.

I use this HDD perfectly in my car HDD player. But when I try to connect it to my Laptop, it does not show up in disk management.

Please check the attached screen shot..

Thanks for the help....

A:HDD shows in "Device Manager" but not in "DiskPart"or" Disk Management

Specs show that drive has a ATA-6 interface (P-ATA, or IDE). How are you connecting this drive to your laptop? Does the laptop have a PATA or SATA connection? Does it use an adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347111-hdd-shows-device-manager-but-not-diskpart-disk-management.html
Relevancy 114.08%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 112.53%

Dear All,

Pleeeeeeeeeeese help me..i cannot able to install FIFA 2013 GAME in my lap..which windows 7, 32 bit

while clicking installer.exe, it will take to installation process.
but after clinking on install button.

it will show like this .
"the system cannot find the file specified "

PLs guys

A:problem during in fifa 13 installation "the system cannot find the file specified"

Where did you get Fifa 13?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-during-in-fifa-13-installation-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified.1116690/
Relevancy 111.91%

Its been a long night trying to install my C All in one printer I managed to install the Scaner but NOT the printer I get that error after installing the drivers I ve tried to check what the log file says no luck Is there anyone out there that can check my log file Thnx x Selected driver installs from section the System Error from find Installation file specified" cannot "The hpoc GPD "The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete inf SetupCopyOEMInf C Windows INF oem inf inf Opened PNF C Windows INF oem inf strings lt src oempath gt inf Failed to Catalog - error ignored inf Error The "The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation system cannot find the file specified inf SetupCopyOEMInf exit x inf Opened PNF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt dvi Selected driver installs from section hpoc GPD NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ndv Infpath C Windows INF oem inf ndv DriverNodeName hpoaioa inf HP NT hpoc GPD NT usbprint hpphotosmart c s ndv DriverStorepath C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf ndv Building driver list from driver node strong name inf Opened PNF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt dvi Selected driver installs from section hpoc GPD NT in c windows system driverstore filerepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf dvi Set selected driver complete ndv Core Device Install inf Opened PNF C Windows INF oem inf strings lt src oempath gt pol Device installation is subject to policy dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL dvi Using exported function ClassInstall in module C Windows system ntprint dll dvi Class installer ntprint dll ClassInstall dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL - exit xe e ndv Installing files dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICEFILES dvi Class installer Enter inf Opened INF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt inf Opened INF C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository hpoaioa inf b f hpoaioa inf strings lt src drvstore gt inf AddReg REG INFO hpoaioa inf line dvi Class installer failed x dvi Error The system cannot find the file specified dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICEFILES - exit x ndv Device install status x ndv Performing device install final cleanup ndv Queueing up error report since device installation failed ndv Core Device Install - exit x dvi DIF DESTROYPRIVATEDATA dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF DESTROYPRIVATEDATA - exit xe e ump Server install process exited with code x ump Plug and Play Service Device Install exit ndv Device Install failed for new device installing NULL driver dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ndv Installing NULL driver dvi Set selected driver complete pol Device installation is subject to policy dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL dvi No class installer for HPPhotosmart C series dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF ALLOW INSTALL - exit xe e dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICE dvi No class installer for HPPhotosmart C series dvi Default installer Enter dvi Installing NULL driver dvi Writing common driver property settings dvi Restarting Devices dvi Restart USBPRINT HPPHOTOSMART C SERIES amp D A B amp amp USB dvi Restarting Devices exit dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF INSTALLDEVICE - exit... Read more

A:"The System cannot find the file specified" Error from Installation

I've always found this to be one of the most annoying problems you can get.

Try copying the driver files from the CD (or the entire CD) to a folder on your hard drive and install from there. Before you attempt the install make sure the printer is NOT plugged in to the computer - the setup program should prompt you to connect it. I've found this to be a very important step as the drivers won't install properly otherwise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-error-from-installation.775889/
Relevancy 111.29%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 110.98%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 110.36%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 110.36%

The hard drive is a Western Digital 320 GB that I've had plugged into this computer before (and worked). Then i got a virus and had to do a recovery of windows.

Ever since then I can't get windows to recognize/show it in my computer. I just "disabled" and "enabled" it in device manager to no effect. I have a C, D, and E drive which are: two partitions on the hard drive, and then the CD drive (respectively).

So i'm stuck, not sure where to proceed since it's obviously not the hard drive itself, I use it on my xbox all the time. What next?

A:External Hard Drive doesn't show up in "my computer" but does in "device manager"

Does it show in Disk Management ? ?
Right clik My Computer...select Manage...then Disk Management.
Find the drive...right clik it and select Properties.
Report back with your findings.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276295-external-hard-drive-doesnt-show-up-my-computer-but-does-device-manager.html
Relevancy 109.74%

This is a resurection of an old unresolved Vista Post and it also happens in Windows Original subject - Start Menu - program search issue I use Windows Mail for my daily email "phot" not - and find Windows similar Desktop but "photo" Search tasks and would like to be able to open the program by using the Windows Desktop Search - find "phot" but not "photo" and similar vista search bar built into the start menu The problem is when i search for quot mai quot it brings up Windows Mail and I can hit enter and load the program However when I search for quot mail quot it returns quot No items match your search quot I have it set to index both the start menu and my programs directory Windows Desktop Search - find "phot" but not "photo" and similar and have even tried to rebuild the index It seems kind of strange that Vista would recognize that when I type quot mai quot I want my mail programs but when I actually type quot mail quot it gets Windows Desktop Search - find "phot" but not "photo" and similar confused and this in turn has -me- confused and Oh thank goodness I've finally found someone else with the same problem The word I have issues with is quot photo quot quot phot quot works great but no results for quot photo quot Not a show-stopper but WHY I've noticed the same thing with Windows Desktop Search in Windows After some experimenting I think I have the reason why but not a fix It seems to em that mail and photo are probably used as quot kind quot prefixes in Windows search and even if you enter photo with out the quot kind quot it must ASSUME quot kind quot I found that if I put photo in quotes it works fine The problem with this solution is knowing which words to treat as quot kind quot prefixes as as far as I can see from the drop down menu photo and mail are not in the drop down option for quot kind quot only E-mail and picture Perhaps a hangover of the original programing Does anyone know of a solution for this

http://www.vistax64.com/software/291146-windows-desktop-search-find-phot-but-not-photo-similar.html
Relevancy 109.74%

Dear Experts,

I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob.
But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35 Gb of System Image in drive F: when i brows the Manage Disc Space option but i cant find it on the same drive. (Plz see attached pic)
Plz help me to locate this and delete the same.

Thanks

A:Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"

Hello sattyaji, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It may still be showing if the system image was created as part of a Windows backup. Using the tutorial below to reset Windows Backup should clear it for you, but you will need to set up your backup again afterwards.

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/284067-cant-find-system-image-36-gb-but-its-shows-manage-disc-space.html
Relevancy 109.74%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 109.74%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 109.74%

I have a big problem here,
I have used my hard disk for 9month,
Yesterday when I watched movie on the half way,
My hard disk suddenly disfuntion,
And I thought my laptop problem due to always lagging so I restart my computer.
But after that I can't read my hard disk (WD)in my computer.
It can read in computer management there.

Ways I try:
1)I try to uninstall and reinstalled again,BUT it doesn't work.
2)I try to unchecked the hide folder and device at view.
3)I try to update the software BUT it still disfunction.
4)I try to use disk management and initialized it BUT there appeared CANNOT INITIALIZED Due to I/O device error.

Any solution for me ?

A:Hard Disk can't read in "my computer ", "initialized",I/O device error

The most usual cause is that the Hard Drive is beginning to fail. Back up your stuff. Go to the website of the manufacturer and test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335190-hard-disk-cant-read-my-computer-initialized-i-o-device-error.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Browser IE will frequently redirect to a page with a message quot Sorry we couldn't find quot http www atdmt com quot or other... Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't "atdmt.com" find' or "ad.doubleclick" or Browser quot http ad doubleclick com quot or other various tags though these are most common Web pages will often not load at all or will redirect while reading a webpage without any user action Occasionally it will simply say unable to load quot actual web page trying to visit quot Also oddly - problem seems to occur much more frequently in the morning than evening This makes me wonder if it is a internet provider issue Problem has been occuring over the last - weeks I have followed the Step process to the letter and run DSS after the first four steps The contents of file main txt are listed below and extra txt is attached as a separate file Very much appreciated in advance for your help when you get a chance to review this Main txt --- Browser Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't find' "atdmt.com" or "ad.doubleclick" or other... Deckard's System Scanner v Run by SJL on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Browser Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't find' "atdmt.com" or "ad.doubleclick" or other... Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- Browser Redirects-'Sorry Couldn't find' "atdmt.com" or "ad.doubleclick" or other... - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Installed Microsoft Office Live Meeting - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as SJL exe --------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Garmin gStart exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSS... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/browser-redirects-sorry-couldnt-find-atdmt-com-or-ad-doubleclick-or-other-216943.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Hello I have these unwanted icons on my desktop quot Click to find amp Fix errors quot and quot Sportsbook Football quot I don't what type of programs they are but they downloaded themselves without my authorisation and I can't get rid of it I have run Ad-Aware Spybot The Cleaner trial version AVG anti spyware Webroot trial version Windows Defender I think it was Webroot Spy Sweeper or The Cleaner that removed quot Click to find amp Fix errors quot Help fix and "Sportsbook to & find remove "Click Football" errors" but it kept coming back Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Help remove "Click to find & fix errors" and "Sportsbook Football" saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Help remove "Click to find & fix errors" and "Sportsbook Football" system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default Download Directory R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SBCSTray C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NE... Read more

A:Help remove "Click to find & fix errors" and "Sportsbook Football"

Hello
Can anyone help please?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-remove-click-to-find-and-fix-errors-and-sportsbook-football-252067.html
Relevancy 108.5%

I'm not sure what this is in Windows Update [and this seems to be greyed out itself too], but how is it possible to have no results in Google on this KB that's in Windows Update?

I also clicked on the "more information" for the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but nothing came up there either.

A:A "non-existent" Windows update ("KB3024777") even Google can't find

Also note that it can't be unchecked/deselected.

Edit: It seems this update removes kb3004394 and vanish without a trace (except in History).
Neither seems to be available in the uninstall list afterwards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355004-non-existent-windows-update-kb3024777-even-google-cant-find.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 108.5%

I used a DriveWire - Universal Hard Drive Adapter IDE PATA SATA to USB HDD Adapter to hook up A quot Hard Drive Samsung model HD HJ to my desktop in an attempt to get my wife's files off her old desktop machine and merge Drive Hard ready",won't Initialized", recognize "Not "device is not them into mine It all started off fine the drive was recognized and I could see the files Hard Drive "Not Initialized", "device is not ready",won't recognize when I plugged in the USB cord I started a NOD scan of the drive and a few minutes later a spark flew off my power strip and the fuse blew - looks like a Hard Drive "Not Initialized", "device is not ready",won't recognize letter opener shorted between two of the plugs I think I killed the hard drive I replaced the power strip and started everything back up The drive spins but no longer is recognized by the computer when Hard Drive "Not Initialized", "device is not ready",won't recognize plugged in no drive letter for it Under Disk Management I see the disk listed as quot unknown quot and quot not initialized quot Originally I had the option to right click and select quot Initialize quot and I was given option to use two partitiion styles MBR or GPT I tried both to no avail and get the quot device is not ready quot message I can right click select quot Offline quot and get the same message right-click quot Properties quot say the device is working properly I plugged in another drive on the hard drive adapter and it works so it's not the vault of the adapter I try the same setup on my laptop and get the same results So I'm pretty sure I killed the drive I just care about getting pictures and documents off it Any advise I know there are data recovery services out there that can probably help me but I'd rather not pay the big bucks if I can avoid that

A:Hard Drive "Not Initialized", "device is not ready",won't recognize

If you have killed the drive, there isn't very much you do about it. Even experts cannot sometimes recover anything, and it's just a wast of money.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267704-hard-drive-not-initialized-device-not-ready-wont-recognize.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Computer Specs CPU I - MB "NTLDR Boot now Device" missing" Proper is "Select Asus Pz Ram Corsair GB Vengeance LP Using on board VIdeo For now Maxtor "Select Proper Boot Device" now "NTLDR is missing" HD Sata WD Raptor Sata HP Lightscribe DVD-r Drive Sata Problem I was having once I completed my new build with old system parts was as listed in title It started out as select proper boot device and now it states ntldr is missing From what I have been reading it seems as if my partition with my windows install is not set active I do not have my windows DVD only my old vista DVD I tried to boot into it to make use of CMD and attempt to make my partition active but I was unsuccessful to even get into CMD I went into bios and forced booted from the drive with the OS and still same error also I attempted to disable the other sata and run the computer again with no success also Look forward to hearing from someone soon I will be sitting by my laptop all night until this computer gets running

A:"Select Proper Boot Device" now "NTLDR is missing"

Finally Got to command prompt but it shows my current drive listed as x: dunno if this will be relevant and helpful to anyone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228170-select-proper-boot-device-now-ntldr-missing.html
Relevancy 108.5%

i don't know if i am missing something or it is a bug on w10.
i click "add new bluetooth device" and then i can pair a lumia, ok. i can see my phone in "join personal area network" window.
if i try to pair the phone from "join personal area network" window i can see it in bluetooth devices list but not in "join personal area network" window.
so... it is a bug?! did i make anything wrong?! what is the difference between "add new bluetooth device" and "join personal area network" on w10?! what is "join personal area network" used for?!
thanks

A:"add new bluetooth device" vs "join personal area network"

Most likely a bug with your Windows phone, not Windows 10. Microsoft is not supporting the Lumia line that well. It does help when you ask for help, that you also post the model of the phone, what OS version it is running, along with screenshots or logs of what is wrong.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39561-add-new-bluetooth-device-vs-join-personal-area-network.html
Relevancy 108.5%

There are 2 devices in the "Device Manager" that do not have drivers installed.

I just did a clean install of Window 7 SP1 32-bit to a Dell Latitude E6500. I have uploaded all the Windows updates and all seems to be performing well. However, there are two devices in the "device manager" that do not have drivers installed, and I can't determine what the devices are nor how/where to find the drivers for them online or elsewhere. The driverless devices are "Base System Device" and "Broadcom USH". When I look at the properties page of both devices, it says that the Base System Devices location is "PCI bus 3, device 1, function 3", and the Boradcom USH's location as "0000.001a.0002.001.000.000.000.000.000".

The laptop did NOT come with a drivers installation disk.

QUESTION: How can I identify what these devices actually are and, more importantly, how can I obtain the driver for them?

A:Can't ID driverless devices "Base System Device" and "Broadcom USH"

Well, as for the second part of your question......... have you tried using windows own driver update utility? Right click on the yellow exclamation point in Device Manager, choose update.

I'm thinking your "boradcom ush" is this, drivers for it are here too, :Broadcom USH - USB\VID_0A5C&PID_5800 - awdit - The driver, software, & hardware database

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/273074-cant-id-driverless-devices-base-system-device-broadcom-ush.html
Relevancy 108.5%

Hi I m trying to reinstall my sister s scanner driver because XP has decided that it s not there any more This happens occasionally and usually reinstalling the driver fixes it I think that s what I did last time but this time i just can t get it to work If i unplug the USB cable then plug it in again it comes up with a message saying that the device has malfunctioned and it doesn t recognize it I have the driver CD but windows always manages to install it as quot Unknown device quot before i can tell it to search the CD I ve tried telling it to reinstall the driver from - Stubborn Device" and "Unknown "Malfunctioned Scanner Device" Driver the CD but it says that there are quot no better matches for this device quot I ve also tried uninstalling the program form the Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device" CD and reinstalling it then restarting the pc but that didn t help either I tried plugging it into another USB port as suggested by Windows Help Center but that still didn t work It s not often that something like this gets me in a circle and scratching my head but I m really starting to run out of ideas Any help would be very appreciated i just want to get this thing running again nbsp

A:Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device"

Could it be that the scanner really did die?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stubborn-scanner-driver-malfunctioned-device-and-unknown-device.93409/
Relevancy 108.19%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 107.26%

XP Home installed SP recently which MIGHT have something to File/Print to added As" menu -also: "FTP question Sharing Locations" "Save do with this Just saved two word docs and a bmp file all separately All three times I saw that a new location has been added to the Save As drop-down menu It didn t open to My Documents folder but was in the general folder list of the whole computer The location was called quot FTP File Locations quot It s never appeared on the Save As menu before This made me think of the file print sharing control which "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question is now located in the Windows Firewall but I don t use that Firewall I turned it off to use Norton What was FTP Locations And is there any way to disable file print sharing without using the Windows Firewall These may be the same "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question thing I don t know Also in Network Connections I thought I d find file print sharing control there but now XP wants me to run a whole Network Wizard thing I m afraid I ll somehow set up a network instead or enable all kinds of things I don t want to create a disaster here My son installed an FTP program months ago for work he was doing but the program was removed I just searched for it it s definitely gone This is a stand-alone non-networked home computer P S I saved another Word doc and now it s back to opening to My Documents folder as usual now I can t find the FTP Locations anywhere nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-locations-added-to-save-as-menu-also-file-print-sharing-question.281451/
Relevancy 107.26%

Hi every one,
I have Intel "DG31" and "core 2 do"
Program hangs, when i try to open or save as a file In "excel-2003" and "corel draw9" and "WILCOM Es9"
and in task manager it shows ?not responding?
But when i try to open it by clicking on the file using windows explorer it works quite well.
Earlier i used same programes on the "865glc" and "2.4" there was no problem,
I have also tried many Intel computers to trace the problem
i found the problem on every computer that was build on the motherboard later then Intel 865
Now what to do?
Mohammad Imran

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-hangs-when-i-try-to-open-or-save-as-a-file-in-excel-and-corel-draw9-and-508343.html
Relevancy 107.26%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 106.95%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 106.95%

I downloaded a Weather program, and my Antivirus program found a Trojan in the program.
It got rid of the virus, but now every time I boot or reboot I get a message "C:\WINDOWS cannot find "weathersetup.exe" ". I have tried everything I could think of, but cannot get rid of the system trying to load this.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: "Startup" problem (cannot find "Weathersetup.exe").

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-startup-problem-cannot-find-weathersetup-exe.641933/
Relevancy 106.95%

Hello, i have read up on this error, but i can't seem to find the solution . I know this post is common, but i feel i really do need assistance. The message comes up as "no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK". I have no clue on what to do, and everything i've tried hasn't worked. I'm open to all solutions. Also, here is my builld: AMD Athlon II X4 740, HIS Radeon HD 7770, Apex SK-393-C - System Build - PCPartPicker. I also have a 500gb seagate harddrive.
This message occurs after the first screen, after "install now".

A:"install now" on windows 7 home premium provides me with "no device.."

Where do you buy your Windows 7 DVD from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314383-install-now-windows-7-home-premium-provides-me-no-device.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Ok, now I get another problem... When I click "install now", I get a msg box that is saying 'no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK'

What should I do now?

A:When I click "install now", it's saying "No device drivers were found"

Is the HD showing in BIOS?

Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/174343-when-i-click-install-now-its-saying-no-device-drivers-were-found.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi Everyone Here I post OS to "AHCI" installation "IDE" XP to How mode change from am going to descibe how How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don t reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation.1106746/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi Everyone to post OS "IDE" from mode installation XP change How to "AHCI" Here I am going to descibe how to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don't reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation-705170.html
Relevancy 106.64%

This is driving me bonkers and I "workstation" to copy WinXP FAIL file "server" Win7 have almost no hair left I really hope someone can help When I attempt to copy or Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL move a file or folder from my Win box to my WinXP SP media server the operation nearly always fails Take for example my trying to copy the VLC Media Player folder files MB from Program Files Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL on Win to the C drive on the media server via a mapped drive X In all cases after hanging up at some point during the copy I get this message Network Error There is a problem accessing X lt whatever current sub-folder copying is gt Make sure you are connected to the network and try again I should note here that you only see the message come up if you wait for it min after the copy hangs If you try to cancel the hung copy before the message comes up you can crash explorer exe I must Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL also stress that there are no other access problems on the network Files on the media server are accessible as expected from the Win box Performing the same copy in reverse quot pulling quot the same folder to the XP box from its console instead of quot pushing quot from Win works perfectly All machines are in WORKGROUP and the same exact credentials are in use on all machines All machines run the same version of Symantec Endpoint Protection and have firewall rules configured to allow all LAN traffic All machines are connected through a Linksys SD -port GB quot dumb quot switch Routing DHCP is provided by a D-Link DI- NICs are all set to auto-negotiate I have tried monkeying with NIC settings it is an onboard Realtek to no avail I have also installed an Intel PRO XT Server NIC just to see if it was a Realtek issue No change Here's the kicker my Win Panasonic laptop connected to the same LAN does not suffer this same problem In fact when I run the same copy the speed is about twice as fast as on the Win PC in question before the PC hangs up of course Any ideas that I might try would be appreciated I have even recently reinstalled Win from scratch hoping that might fix it EndGame

A:Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL

Same thing happens in my LAN between both Seven Ultimate x86 and x64 and a XP Pro SP3 file server, and also no problem copying from a Toshiba U200-182 laptop with Seven Pro x86 (Upgrade disk from Toshiba)to the same xp machine, also note that there is a normal transfer speed between al Seven platforms....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77706-win7-workstation-winxp-server-file-copy-fail.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I installed some software to assist me in converting .pdf docs. I didn't keep the name of the software but did uninstall it via control panel.

I now have mulitiple "File" menu entries: 29 entries between "open" and "save". The entires are all idenical, "Open PDF"

Nothing happens when I click on them. How can I remove them from my "File" menu?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitiple-file-menu-entries-open-pdf-in-word-2003.811408/
Relevancy 105.71%

Hello I am getting the following error when moving files on the same drive or from one to another quot Error Moving File or Folder Cannot remove folder not "directory folder" file or one file left empty" moving "Error is insert folder name here The directory is not empty quot This is fairly common once or twice a month and it occurs usually with folders containing many subfolders when being moved by explorer gui quot Move the selected items quot or ctrl-x ctrl-v Repeated attempts through the same process seems to move the folders but the errors increase as the concentration of stubborn folders increases There are "Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left no event viewer logs corresponding to these errors eventvwr msc system or application I would have thought this would be a common problem but extensive searches came up with nothing "Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left so either it is rare untroubling to others extremely easy to fix or my search queries suck I am going to run Checkdisk to make sure all is well there and I will repost the likely failure nbsp

A:"Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left

Occasionally when I am deleting a file, it is difficult, I have to go through process explorer, search for the thread that is strangely(?) associated with that file in explorer (no reasonable dependencies could be linked, nor is the file being viewed), and kill the thread before deletion.

any thoughts?

Thanks =)
-J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-moving-file-or-folder-directory-is-not-empty-one-file-left.652638/
Relevancy 105.71%

OK guys, im kinda new to this forum, so... hello.
My computer has a not so serious problem-When I try to open Local Disk C by double clicking it says:
"
Windows cannot find install.exe.
This program is needed for opening filed of type 'File'.

Type in the executable file to be used instead:

This problem isnt very serious, I just dont want my computer to remain "corrupt" if you know what I mean.

Help my and I will be grateful!

A:Cant open C:/:"Install.exe is needed for opening type of "file""

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Have you scanned your system for viruses lately? What antivirus program is installed on your system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-c-install-exe-is-needed-for-opening-type-of-file-90046.html
Relevancy 105.71%

Hiya I could use a little help resolving what should be a simple problem It sound Navigation i.e. "Click" Start.wav" file, "Windows s really a long story but "Windows Navigation Start.wav" file, i.e. "Click" sound to skip to the important part I ll just recount this little tale I wanted to delete some files off of an old external hard drive to make space for some new stuff It didn t matter since the files I was deleting had been long since copied to a new drive However Vista in its infinite wisdom told me I couldn t delete the files and it was for my own good I politely said quot okay Vista Thanks for keeping me honest quot But "Windows Navigation Start.wav" file, i.e. "Click" sound then I muttered quot I already "Windows Navigation Start.wav" file, i.e. "Click" sound have a mother quot under my breath and proceeded to go behind Vista s back and turn off User Account Control so I could delete the files anyway Well I knew that wasn t the best idea so I immediately turned UAC back on afterwards but it was too late Vista caught me and after the second restart smote me with a problem I d seen once before nearly every program on my computer was said to have been closed after it quot encountered a problem quot or some nonsense and when restarted again the disk checker was run found numerous problems and did whatever it had to do to go about fixing them all Now I m not sure what all that was about because everything seems to be running okay now save for one minor thing That little quot click quot sound you get when navigating windows explorer was nowhere to be heard I tried another restart and another disk check but nothing When I go to the sound personalization window all other sounds are fine but the quot Start Navigation quot sound under quot Windows Explorer quot shows a little quot quot icon next to it and the quot Windows Navigation Start wav quot file that accompanies it is missing I don t know why and more importantly I don t know how to restore it It s not like my computer has been rendered useless or my files irrevocably destroyed but ya know I got attached to that little quot Click quot sound and I want to bring him back If anybody can suggest what may have caused this that would be great But if anybody can tell me how to return that long lost wav file to his rightful place that would be even better I ve searched online but all I ve found are about kajillion pages describing how to disable that sound but I don t want to disable it I want to bring it back Is there a place somewhere in the depths of the internet where I can download the file and place it in the C Windows Media folder or perhaps a way to restore the original Thanks in advance for any response nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-navigation-start-wav-file-i-e-click-sound.903615/
Relevancy 105.71%

When I press "open file" in the program "Business Intelligence" of an Office
program like Excel, I would like the window columns to be in "detail" view
instead of "list" view.
How can I do this?
Is this a registry default that can be changed?
Thanks,
Josh

Relevancy 105.71%

Wanted to resurrect an older thread but its closed http forums techguy org windows-xp -error-moving-file-folder-directory html Please read completely before responding I am a year IT pro most of it as a programmer I am the geek in charge of a tech non profit org in "directory not empty" is or folder" "Error file moving -- Hawaii www HawaiianHope org so yea i have at least half a clue Here is the deal In doing drive copies data recoveries etc when we are moving a mass amount of data from one drive to another we run into this problem a lot quot Error moving file or folder quot -- quot directory is not empty quot If you restart the move it will continue on "Error moving file or folder" -- "directory is not empty" and keep going restart enough times and eventually it will move all directories I think its a programming issue with windows and wonder if anyone has a work around I have a suspicion that the copy process is getting out of sequence That it is trying to move a folder before it actually emptied it Possibilities are windows forgot its place in moving through and navigating numerous sub directories and it is having a problem with recursive calls Computers with hyper threading or dual core processors are spawning the movement of files across multiple processes and some are getting ahead of the other It did actually move the file but the cache or something in memory has not updated or the full data write has not completed yet before it tried to move the directory delayed write Yes you can copy and then delete the old but that takes longer a LOT longer if the process crashes for any reason you have to start again Moving files ensures that you have everything you need the first time through Anyone else run into this problem and anyone know how to get MS to take a look I think i have seen others run into the same problem with Vista and as well with the same circumstances THANKS nbsp

A:"Error moving file or folder" -- "directory is not empty"

This is a known issue. It is by design.

As you may know, moving is in its essence an unsafe process. It would be better to use the actual sequence of copy and then delete.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-moving-file-or-folder-directory-is-not-empty.988967/
Relevancy 105.71%

Hi All I'm having some issues with WinDBG and a crash dump analysis for a Windows and WinDBG are - "file WRONG" found" not "Kernel symbols Phone so I hope someone could answer this question here Background information Recently I bought a brand new Lumia XL Dual SIM phone which keeps restarting over and over on a very WinDBG - "Kernel symbols are WRONG" and "file not found" random basis After reading several threads it turns out WinDBG - "Kernel symbols are WRONG" and "file not found" that many people are suffering from the same issue and generic remediation steps are not working at all This includes using Windows Device Recovery Tool turning off certain features such as WiFi amp Bluetooth SD card usage etc After troubleshooting this issue for a while I decided to get on with Field Medic application which clearly indicated a F crash Unfortunately this didn't tell anything too specific so I captured a minidump from the phone and went straight to WinDBG for further analysis Now my issue is that although I can load the crashdump into WinDBG I'm unable to get the appropriate symbol files as WinDBG is constantly complaining about not finding the required files I've changed the required sympaths as necessary so I've been trying to use the official MS online repositories but WinDBG just doesn't want to cooperate and get the files Unfortunately I couldn't find an offline symbols repository for Windows Phone and therefore I'm stuck with the analysis The symbols would be required in order to nail down the root cause making the F crashes So far I can only see that this is possibly a driver related issue but with the symbols I would be able to get a better answer on what's going on exactly For those who are interested I provided some details about this Lumia XL problem in another thread found here page http answers microsoft com en-us mobiledevices forum mdlumia-mdw phone lumia- xl-randomly-restarting f c e -cd a- a - b- e fd a c page amp tm LastReply Anyway here are some fragments from theoutput of WinDBG initial configuration steps Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WPB Telemetry Archive Oca memory dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Time ms nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location Deferred nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol Path validation summary Response nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Time ms nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location Deferred nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free ARM NT Thumb- Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PhoneNT Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x e Debug session time Thu Apr UTC System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Probably caused by ntoskrnl wrong symbols exe nt wrong symbols FF F Followup... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6542a8b3-3afc-469d-98e1-3e6e77e8685b/windbg-quotkernel-symbols-are-wrongquot-and-quotfile-not-foundquot?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 105.71%

--Love the website motto stupid questions are easiest to solve I am running Win x on a newly installed non-laptop MSI ZH A-G motherboard with i - I spent a couple of days ensuring that I had device" unplugged" "device Thumb "unknown drive installed all of Thumb drive "unknown device" "device unplugged" the drivers including the chipset facilitated by MSI s LiveUpdate I have a simple USB thumb drive I take it to my roommate s VISTA computer--it plugs in just fine I cleaned rewrote read I did a check for errors scan in properties it is FAT formatted with default allocation size I plug it into my computer detailed at top I am not even getting a common problem-- quot unrecognized USB device quot It does not even know that it is USB apparently--I get an error box from the system tray TITLED Driver Software Installation Device driver software was not successfully installed ---- unknown device fat red X Device unplugged unidentified device fat red X Device unplugged ---- nonsense help links from MSFT CLOSE box SIDE-EFFECTS There is a small led on the thumb drive that shines steady assumably indicating something is wrong nevertheless power is present normally it flashes on and off a couple of times when recognized on VISTA computer yes I tried multiple USB plugins on front and back of tower-case I hear an audible quot g-dunk quot sound every second The Device Manager window though functional and operational briefly flashes in response to every g-dunk a second later INTERESTINGLY I finally tried plugging the non-USB -year-old device into either of my USB ports I get no error window no install no function no side-effects except the led illumination ATTEMPTED Multiple google searches and tech forums I ran sfc -- microsoft s system file checker The device cannot be enabled disabled uninstall drivers--not present in Device Manager I SHOWED hidden devices including the simple CMD prompt to SHOW Uninstalled the USB Root Hubs and Generic USB Hubs in Device Manager rebooted MSI CommandCenter shows all voltages stable Voltage also stable V V CPU-IO Vcore I even contacted PNY manufacturer for advice--they responded that this is a simple USB device and there are no device drivers manufacturer-specific to this USB thumb drive Since I admitted that it works in roommate s system--they blame the other system--soft or hardware nbsp

Relevancy 104.47%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 104.47%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 104.47%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 104.47%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 104.47%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 104.47%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 104.47%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 104.16%

I tried to record some audio with Auadacity but it won't work unless I enable the Wave Out Mix. I've tried the "right-click and choose Show Disabled Devices" trick but nothing shows up.

A:Cannot find "Wave Out Mix" or "Stereo Mix" in Vista

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-wave-out-mix-or-stereo-mix-in-vista.936906/
Relevancy 104.16%

Hi!

Yeah so i've been searching some hours now for how to make my desktop look like this:
I don't care about the taskbar style, all i want is my desktop to look like that when i minimize everything, the clock and all! I think it's a really sexy look! I found the picture in an old thread on a forum and the user doesnt go there anymore. Im hoping someone here might have a clue!
I don't have any prior experience with this sorta stuff so im really clueless!

Thanks in advance!!

A:Trying to find this "theme" or "skin" or whatever to call it!

hi Lekandesanden, and welcome to sevenforums,

the clock and system information on the desktop looks like rainmeter.

i don't know which specific skin it is though...

looks like the screenshot originally came from here.

maybe you could try joining that forum and asking the OP - even though the post was nearly 2 years ago...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/218804-trying-find-theme-skin-whatever-call.html
Relevancy 104.16%

Hi All Thanks in advance for any help I purchased and installed an Iomega NAS yesterday I have three machines that run Windows - Ulitmate bit amp bit - Professional bit and a Windows xp machine I am having trouble getting the Windows Professional bit machine to show the NAS as a computer under the network folder It will show the NAS as a Media Device and Other device I can access the device as a and "Other as Server" NAS shows "Media Device" media device but when I click other device it opens a IE browser and errors out I have not NAS shows as "Media Server" and "Other Device" been NAS shows as "Media Server" and "Other Device" able to map the device in windows explorer either This NAS has a print server built in and it will not show the printer either My other two Windows Ultimate amp bit Desktop-Windows amp HTPC machines work just fine and the NAS shows under the computer and media device and does not show as other device The printer pluged in the NAS works like a charm The primary computer that I need to work is the windows professional version LPC-PC thats not working I posted a screen shot of what I am looking at from the computer that does not work and one of the machines that is working As a side note LPC-PC is my laptop and it is the machine that is not working Desktop-Windows and HTPC are the two machines that it is working just fine on I am able to connect to LPC-PC from Desktop-Windows however I can not connect to Desktop-Windows from LPC-PC When I first started messing with LPC-PC it was not even showing period in the network folder I had to start some services and change them to automatic so that my network discovery would stay turned on when I clicked save Thanks again for any help

A:NAS shows as "Media Server" and "Other Device"

Well I solved my own problem and feel a little silly. I just happened to check my msconfig.exe and I had it set to selective startup with the first option for services unchecked.

Everything is now up and running. My NAS is showing and I can connect to all my computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237447-nas-shows-media-server-other-device.html
Relevancy 104.16%

Peace be upon all of you Hello and greetings My laptop is ASUS model A L My CD DVD drive was working fine until one moment it disappeared from both quot This PC quot folder as well as from quot Device Manager quot It happened while I was burning a CD with Ashampoo Burning Studio My current OS is Windows as from "My "Device & missing CD/DVD PC" Drive Manager" what it was as when I purchased this laptop and I do not CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager" upgrade downgrade to any other OS I went through searching the internet for the solutions for weeks but failed to solve the problem Among the suggestions found on the internet is to delete the upper and lower class filters but mine is not involved as it does not have any entry that says upper or lower class to begin with Another suggestions that I had tried was the addition of the CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager" following in the Registry reg exe add quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services atapi Controller quot f v EnumDevice t REG DWORD d x quot I did the registry entry of the above by command prompt admin as well as manually in the regedit but failed to produce the results Initially when this problem occurred the item CD DVD Drive was still visible in the Device Manager but under the quot Show CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager" hidden devices quot option turned on The information below was gotten from the properties of the device Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer My optical drive is an internal built-in with laptop drive not disconnectable drive by normal means Another suggestion that I found on the internet is to uninstall the CD DVD Drive in the Device Manager as it claimed to automatically reinstall the drive upon OS restart However the drive did not reinstalled on itself and now the CD DVD Drive even permanently disappeared from the Device Manager Another suggestion that I found on the internet is to set the boot options in the UEFI settings to prioritize CD DVD but no options for booting via CD DVD is present there Last suggestion that I found was to reinstall the CD DVD Driver downloaded from the manufacturer site However I failed to find the driver installer provided in the ASUS Support sites Additional information regarding my CD DVD Drive is as follows The physical CD DVD drive tray is able to be opened normally via the side button The following informations are gotten from the device properties before it went disappeared SCSI CDROM amp VEN HL-DT-ST amp PROD DVDRAM GUC N amp E B D amp amp HL-DT-STDVDRAM GUC N A Any helps would be appreciated Regards

A:CD/DVD Drive missing from "My PC" & "Device Manager"

First, there are no drivers for CD/DVD drives except the built in Windows drivers.

Since the device is not being detected by Windows, either there is some type of hardware problem or the BIOS is not detecting it (If the BIOS does not detect the drive, Windows will not detect it).

A BIOS reset is the easiest thing to do. Most BIOS have an option to reset it to the defaults. I would try this first.

If the BIOS reset does not fix it, there is some type of hardware problem. Whether its a connection problem for the drive (there are two connectors, data connection and power connection) either at the drive end or at the controller end (motherboard end). Or if the drive itself has failed. Unfortunately with a Laptop, accessing the connectors may require complete disassembly of the laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72578-cd-dvd-drive-missing-my-pc-device-manager.html
Relevancy 103.85%

File "Description" data fields etc. no longer appear in the Windows Explorer "Details" pane. Please see attachment.

Operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium, Version 6.0.6002, Service Pack 2, Build 6002.

ID3 tag data can be edited using MP3Tag editor, but is no longer available for edit in the Windows Explorer "Details" pane.

Any advice about how to restore the data fields in the Windows Explorer "Details" pane would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mp3-file-description-fields-etc-not-available-in-details-pane-671280.html
Relevancy 103.85%

I changed my outlook email .ost file to open with auto cad by mistake. Initially it was opening with an Unknown application. How can I enable it to open with an unknown application again? please help

A:changing an ".ost"file to open with "unknown" application

You can try this tutorial and see if it helps.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/341285-changing-ost-file-open-unknown-application.html
Relevancy 103.85%

I believe i have the Adclicker virus however neither my Adaware or my Norton Antivirus has found it File.exe" Remove? Can "IEXPLORERE.EXE" "Size - Help Virus: & Anyone I get popups continously and I have noticed the IEXPLOER EXE running When i delete it Size File exe runs and reloads IEXPLORER EXE I have done a search for Size File exe and deleted it then deleted IEXPLORER EXE but then SIZE FILE EXE appears again and I go through the whole cycle again Please help me delete this sucker I have also ran CWShredder and it didn t find anything not sure if Virus: "IEXPLORERE.EXE" & "Size File.exe" - Can Anyone Help Remove? i ran the right one though Please help Thank you Here s my HijackThis file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files USB Super Link SuperLink exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Admin My Documents Downloads hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Virus: "IEXPLORERE.EXE" & "Size File.exe" - Can Anyone Help Remove? WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run About Setup Dog C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Grim Extra About Setup Size First exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton Internet Security osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run HelpDash C DOCUME Admin APPLIC TESTDE ANTI ENC exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B - - - A - A DE AD Snapfish Activia - http ... Read more

A:Virus: "IEXPLORERE.EXE" & "Size File.exe" - Can Anyone Help Remove?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-iexplorere-exe-size-file-exe-can-anyone-help-remove.515070/
Relevancy 103.85%

I just ran "sfc /scannow", got the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log ...". I opened that with texteditor, and found 4
Code:
Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB of prncacla.inf ...

lines in the textfile. I read somewhere that one way to resolve this is to get the Windows 8 installation disk. However, I don't have that with me. What else can I do to fix this? Thanks

A:"Cannot repair member file " after running "sfc /scannow"

Try---

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
sfc /scannow
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

Reboot.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59021-cannot-repair-member-file-after-running-sfc-scannow.html
Relevancy 103.85%

How can one convert MS Home Publishing 2000 files (.php) to MS Publisher 2000 (.pub)? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-publishing-to-publisher-file-conversion.37554/
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi All,

Is there an easy to "split" a 40 Gb user file area into ten 4 Gb "chunks", for the purpose of backing up onto ten DVDs? In other words, is there an easy way to copy a 40 Gb file area onto ten DVDs?

Operating System is Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit).

Thank you for your time and help,
Best regards,
James

A:"Splitting" 40 Gb user file system into ten 4 Gb "chunks"

Perhaps if you save to a FAT32 formatted partition.
This is automatically done by image backup software such as Macrium and Acronis.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/237706-splitting-40-gb-user-file-system-into-ten-4-gb-chunks.html
Relevancy 103.85%

When attempting to browse folders using Explorer opened from Start Menu Or left click on start button Explorer will allow click on quot - quot to close paths Solved: does Computer" "File hangs, "My Explorer" not? but hangs with hour glass if any attempt is made to expand any path or open any file Explorer remains in this state until Solved: "File Explorer" hangs, "My Computer" does not? closed at which time Windows asks if I wish to report the problem to Microsoft If I use the quot My Computer quot icon on the desktop to browse all actions including access to networked resources work perfectly Can anyone please explain the difference between the two file browsing utilities and offer an explanation of Solved: "File Explorer" hangs, "My Computer" does not? the above My system is AMD GB Ram Xp Pro with all service packs and updates I am on a wired network with fixed IP addresses Other network components are Old Dual P with GB Ram running Windows Explorer on this machine has no problems including access to networked resources Buffalo TB Link Station Wire ADSL router and HP LaserJet printer nbsp

Relevancy 103.85%

Hello there when the desktop loads up I get this strange message quot Open With Choose the program you want to use to open this file File Media quot Does anyone have any ideas why I have a screenshot of the programs which run at startup I have a HiJackThis log With: ?" bit, 7 32 when "Open Media" up comes Windows loading "File: if it helps Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Media Centre AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system mspaint exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO RoboForm BHO - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext d... Read more

A:Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up

There must be an error with one of the startup settings.
Please use Autoruns by Sysinternals/Microsoft to see more info about Programs loading with your system.
Pay attention to Logon tab.

Looks like for some reason it is trying to load a folder as a file. "Media" is a part of a folder path.
Try to uncheck all values,where Media is a part of the path.

Also, please check for viruses with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Download
or Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165917-windows-7-32-bit-when-loading-open-file-media-comes-up.html
Relevancy 103.85%

OK This is complicated please be patient Some months ago my PC Win Ultimate x suddenly came up with the dreaded quot BOOTMGR missing press CTRL ALT DEL to continue quot error message No idea what caused this the OS had been operating flawlessly for almost a year Anyway I tried using a quot Windows Recovery Disc quot which I had burned & partitions...why? appear "BOOT" on File TWO folder "BOOTMGR" from an iso file downloaded ages ago After several unsuccessful attempts to fix the problem with the Recovery Disc I gave up in frustration and rebooted from the Win installation DVD It of course told me there was an existing Win OS on the File "BOOTMGR" & folder "BOOT" appear on TWO partitions...why? machine did I wish to update overwrite that File "BOOTMGR" & folder "BOOT" appear on TWO partitions...why? or install a NEW copy of the OS I chose quot new copy quot and File "BOOTMGR" & folder "BOOT" appear on TWO partitions...why? installed it This fixed the problem of course Once I was certain all was working several days later I used Win 's quot BOOTMGR quot utility to DELETE this second unnecessary version of the OS All still worked fine but it quot shrunk quot drive D and left an quot UNUSED quot area on the drive according to the DISKMGR tool I don't remember the drive letter the install routine created Anyway I could not quot extend quot D or get back the wasted HD space no matter what I tried Naturally in the process I stupidly screwed up something and was back to the quot BOOTMGR missing quot situation Arrgghh I used another PC to search for help on the 'net and found a lot of praise for a utility called quot EasyBCD quot using quot Ubuntu quot which I assume is another OS that like Linux can quot read quot and fix problems on NTSF-formatted drives Worked like a charm AND I HAVE NOT SCREWED WITH ANYTHING once all was working Now however I have a BOOTMGR file in the root of both my D and I partitions both on the primary HD They have different dates also both partitions now have a folder named quot boot quot as well The folder on I is obviously needed and in use as numerous files bootstat dat etc and logs seem to be recreated or updated on most every reboot of the machine The quot boot quot folder on D contains none of this and doesn't appear to have been accessed or changed since the date of the ORIGINAL problem - - Why is it there What are the consequences of say renaming it rebooting and if all goes well DELETING it Shouldn't there only be ONE partition with BOOTMGR on it There is also a file on C called quot bootsqm dat quot which always has the date time of my last reboot What is THIS I'm probably too curious for my own good but would at least like SOME idea of what's going on and why Any assistance or external references would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks kakite

A:File "BOOTMGR" & folder "BOOT" appear on TWO partitions...why?

post screenshot of disk management with all fields visible

bootsqm.dat will be created if you do a "check disk". It can be deleted if want.
bootstat.dat see The Boot Status Data Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240410-file-bootmgr-folder-boot-appear-two-partitions-why.html
Relevancy 103.85%

Get this every time I try to install it...whats going on here?

The only things I have which contain the word "QuickTime" are just some random audio codecs, a prefatch file in WINDOWS and a Photoshop file...

What could be causing this error? Registery issue? Argh, I need my iTunes back and to watch Apple Trailers! Grrr lol

Thanks in advance.

A:""QuickTime" is not a valid short file name" Error :S

I'd attempt a clean reinstall, again:

Go into Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
Remove these applications:
1. Apple Software Update
2. Apple Mobile Device Support
3. iTunes
4. QuickTime

Restart the computer
Download & Install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/
Launch the Utility: Start > Programs > Windows Install Clean Up
Select any of the above mentioned applications, and click Remove

Restart the computer again
Download & install iTunes again from here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/quicktime-is-not-a-valid-short-file-name-error-s-380601.html
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi how can I change this Some background - this may not be the issue I need to solve at Default browser in file" box location for web file" "choose "Browse the end of the day I believe the location is causing crashes since I blew up lots of Library registry values in an attempt to remove them from the OS and I think it defaults to the library page eg shared - file upload and sharing edit stupid editor auto href'd the text bah crashes IE and Firefox not Chrome for some reason possibly because it uses its own code when I click the browse button same for any quot browse quot button that spawns a Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box native find-your-file thing It may be something else but Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box anyway edit If I disable quot Expand to Current Folder quot in Win Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box Explorer the crash does not occur So perhaps it is trying to expand to a folder that is broken I want to keep quot Expand to Current Folder quot on though as I like the feature

A:Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box

Hello Silmeria,

It may be best to do a system restore using a restore point (if available) dated before you blew up the registry to see if that may sort this for you. Afterwards, you could use the tutorial below instead to remove libraries without blowing up the registry like that.

Libraries Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/241230-default-browse-file-location-web-browser-choose-file-box.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Hello everyone
I have this problem for more than 3 months for now...

The INSTRUCTION AT "0x00a96ce0"referenced memory at "000000000" couldn't be written".

That's always what i get when i restart my computer,just before screen goes dark.
I believe that it has to do something with Microsoft updates.The reason i believe this, is that i once reinstalled my PC and didn't have any problem until i didn't update my PC.
And i posted here that thinking my problem was solved but unfortunately i was wrong.

Please if you have any tips on this one let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/0x00a96ce0-referenced-memory-at-000000000-couldnt-be-written.662744/
Relevancy 101.99%

When I right click on the tray speaker icon and select the sound window, I can no longer find the "USB Audio Codec" selection when the device is correctly plugged in. The USB device still works because I can test it on another computer.

It is present in the devices and printers window. Software that used to work with that sound selection no longer work.

Looking hopefully for suggestions. Thank you!

Hank

A:Can no longer find "USB Audio Codec" when device plugged in

Does it show up in the Device Manager? and if it does, is it shown as working OK or does it have an error code?

If it's shown as working OK int he device manager, it would have to be set as the default audio playback device. Does it show up in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound playback panel? If it is not shown, RIGHT click in an empty area in the panel and click to show disabled and disconnected devices and then see if it shows up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247904-can-no-longer-find-usb-audio-codec-when-device-plugged.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Hi my attempt to install windows today ended in When I boot from the DVD choose the Language and press quot Install quot I get an Error message stating quot A DVD CD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver CD Floppy please insert it now quot Here are my specifications- HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC device missing" "DVD setup installation in drive Win7 drivers - HP technical support Austria - English I have experienced this same problem with Vista x and x "DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup I am trying to clean install Windows bit I put the drivers on a thumb drive and Browse to it when prompts me Funny thing is Windows reads all the other files on the thumb drive like psds flas skps and so on but it just plays stupid to the actual drivers for the motherboard chipset The system rejects XP and I was forced to put Ubuntu on it Ubuntu sucks nothing runs I know all about WINE to get some programs to run but I use the entire Adobe Suite

A:"DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup

Try this:

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Take a look at these posts:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...-problems.html
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/88297-dvd-drive-device-drivers-missing-win7-installation-setup.html
Relevancy 101.99%

So installation driver Bluetooth peripheral device Denied" for "Access I have been having trouble with my Bluetooth USB adapter BTD- all day by Kinivo and It would not install drivers at all it would say access is denied I uninstalled bcm and then located it again the drivers sort of installed after that Now the option to add a bluetooth device is there after I installed the proper software but I cannot add the driver for the bluetooth peripheral device part I just get Drivers were found Bluetooth peripheral device "Access Denied" for driver installation for bluetooth remote controller but had an issue installing quot access denied quot I select the right part of the cd where the drivers are On device manager there is bluetooth radios under it is Broadcom bcm bluetooth USB device As well as Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator those two have drivers My cellphone can find and attempt to pair with my pc it gives the passcode but nothing shows up on my pc as well as my pc cannot find any bluetooth devises such as my bluetooth headphones and the cellphone that locates the pc And I am on Windows Ultimate bit any help would be greatly appreciated Also the bluetooth device worked perfectly on my bros computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-peripheral-device-access-denied-for-driver-installation-676110.html
Relevancy 101.99%

I just tried to reformat and install windows XP home edition and upon coming to the screen of quot Repair quot or quot Install fresh copy quot I received an error reporting Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue harddrive" XP error: installation "Setup Win cannot home find To quit setup press F I have no idea why it would be saying this I m using the same computer now seconds later than when I was trying to install windows Currently I m using Windows Professional x this is the reason I want home I hate not having any drivers for webcams printers and the like Asus A V-Deluxe motherboard and the harddrive in question is a Western Digital gb rpm mb buffer SATA drive Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Win XP home installation error: "Setup cannot find harddrive"

A friend of mine is also running a 64bit system, we tried to install xp pro on it and it was extremely unstable. It now has xp64 on it and it runs fine. As for the drivers u mentioned, its just a matter of time. The industry will hopefully catch up soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-home-installation-error-setup-cannot-find-harddrive.34185/
Relevancy 101.99%

I get the Code 12 error when I look at my wireless PCI adapter in my desktop computer's device manager. I am running windows vista home premium. It is brand new so nothing is installed, just drivers and software for a BIOS update that I tried and failed. The whole error says "this device cannot find enough resources that it can use" and below it also says "If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." I've disabled some ethernet ports and I think there are some ghost drives or something that I don't see...But i don't know how to take care of that, and I went into my setup for the BIOS and I really didn't see anything to change on the BIOS, so what do i do? the software didn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-in-desktop-wont-work-this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources.741830/
Relevancy 101.99%

my computer is put together from like a couple other computers but it runs internet and everything fine.
i just put a new graphics card in it but dont have the disk to install it.
when i have the card in the computer prior to turning on the computer the computer will turn on but nothing gets sent to the monitor unless the graphics card is out of the computer when i turn it on and put it in afterwards. the card gets power to it and everything but dont seem to be working.

if anyone can help me that would be super! i miss playing wow THANKS

A:WoW says "failed to find suitable display device exiting program" when I try to play

Hi

you answered your own question, you need the drivers for the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wow-says-failed-to-find-suitable-display-device-exiting-program-when-i-try-to-play.142247/
Relevancy 101.68%

I installed Windows 7 on a new (smaller) hard drive using recovery disk. After installation went successfully (according to the pop up the dialog box), the machine restarted and I got the error "No bootable device". The machine is Acer Aspire one netbook with Windows 7 Starter.

The computer detected the hard drive in BIOS. I also connected the hard drive to another machine externally and here's the partition info:

12GB Healthy (Recovery Partition)
102MB NTFS, System Reserved, Healthy (Active, Primary Partition)
97.67GB NTFS, Acer, Healthy (Logical Drive)

How do I get this laptop to boot up with the new hard drive?

A:"No Bootable Device" error after win 7 installation on new hard drive

did you check your bios and make sure the new harddrive is set to the first device to boot from?

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/191689-no-bootable-device-error-after-win-7-installation-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 101.37%

Hello guys Long time ago - years i bought a HP Compaq dx that came with Vista the poor thing only find device" my driver a modem install Can't your "Can't for has GB Ram which made Vista run slow So Can't install my modem "Can't find a driver for your device" i decided to downgrade it recently - months to the glorious Windows XP SP Can't install my modem "Can't find a driver for your device" I downloaded all the the drivers from the HP website installed my internet modem with the CD it came with and everything worked perfect Somehow suddenly one day the computer wouldn't go past POST screen It freezes there The only way to turn it on correctly was unplugging the USB cable from my modem Yeah i knew immediately there was a problem with it While the computer was turned on i tried connecting the modem again and it didn't freeze however my connection to internet wasn't there anymore So i tried reinstalling my modem and everytime i try to find the drivers it tells me quot Couldn't find the driver for your device quot I've downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer website which are the same i have in the CD and yeah still quot couldn't find the drivers for the device quot I tried connecting to the internet via Ethernet and the connection just keeps quot Renewing the IP Address quot then it fails and tells me the connection is limited or null I know the modem is ok or at least the Ethernet connection because i used to work with computers at the same time one connected via USB and the other via Ethernet I'm posting this using the one connected via Ethernet I already formatted the computer to and installed every driver again except the one for my modem of course Well i have no idea what to do Here are some specifications HP Compaq dx GB RAM Windows XP SP Modem Scientific Atlanta WebStar Wish any of you can give me some help Thank you in advance

A:Can't install my modem "Can't find a driver for your device"

Try installing the drivers first then plug in the modem when the drivers are installed.
First uninstall the modem using device manager then reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-my-modem-cant-find-a-driver-for-your-device-632778.html
Relevancy 101.37%

I have an Asus k60ij laptop and all of a sudden this message appears when I boot up my CPU. I have recently wiped out my CPU.
I have gone onto the Asus site and cant seem to find it. My CPU says that the mic is working properly but it doesn't pick up sound...my speakers and other sound seems to work though. The volume and everything is up on the mic, but can't get it to work...
Please HELP...
Thanks

A:"Unable to find a compatible SRS Audio Device."

Welcome to Seven Forums joshrfrank. Uninstall the IDT Audio, SRS Premium Sound Control Panel should fix this. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/124867-unable-find-compatible-srs-audio-device.html
Relevancy 101.37%

I just recently got a computer to work, hard drive crashed and i replaced it. I did everything myself with the little knowledge i have about computers and managed to get it right. I had thought i finished dealing with problems with this computer but now, after downloading WoW and waiting nearly 10 hours for the updates to finish.. It tells me "Failed to find suitable display device" seconds after hitting play. Someone please help?

My EVEREST report is attached.

A:"failed to find suitable display device" for WoW. Please help.

Looks like you don't have the video driver installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-find-suitable-display-device-for-wow-please-help-555146.html
Relevancy 101.37%

Hey Guys,

My VIA drivers won't install because it can't find the device. I'm trying the driver from the Biostar Website. I've tried the ones from the via website but those don't work either. I get nice clear audio but i can't configure my drivers so I can get my sub woofers working.

Links
----------------------------
Biostar:
N68S3B :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

VIA:
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10500d.zip
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10_1200a.zip

A:VIA HD Vdeck "We Can't Find HD Audio Device" Error

Check to see if you have installed the chipset driver or if there is an updated chipset driver for your mobo.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/28757-via-hd-vdeck-we-cant-find-hd-audio-device-error.html
Relevancy 101.37%

Hi, just got a new computer with windows 7. so i set up my new desktop computer and installed windows 7. then installed all my world of warcraft discs. but then when i tried to log in, it said "Failed to find Suitable Display Device". What do i do?

here is the system info:

Operating System: Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit ( 6.1, Build 7600 )

Language: English

System Manufacturer: To be Filled by O.E.M.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: Default system BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~ 2.9GHz

Memory: 4096 MB RAM

Page File : 856MB used, 5658MB available

DirectX Version: DirextX 11

Device:

Name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Manufacturer: (Standard Display Types)

Chip Type: 8 bit

Approx. Total Memory: n/a

Current Display Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (1Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Drivers:

Main Driver: vga

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

WHQL Logo'd : n/a

DDI Version: Unkown

Driver Model: Unkown
Any help please?

Relevancy 101.37%

Mods if you feel that this thread is more of a quot Windows quot issue please feel free to move this thread Here last year I did my second build because I was having quot boot quot issues Wasn t certain what exactly the problem was at the time But something some how screwed up the boot sequence in my system failed a selection required "The because "0xc000000e" device......... code Error boot and where everything was pretty much quot outdated quot I just went ahead and did another build Though since then I ve been pondering around with the thought of using a SATA to IDE adapter so that I can retrieve Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device......... what ever salvageable data I can from one of the two HDD s that was in my last build So I finally broke down and ordered a couple different one s earlier this week Unfortunately I ve been running in to some problem s when I try to launch with the IDE in place Upon initial launching the boot sequence seem to take some time longer than it normally does with out the IDE HDD in place Though after a - sec lapse I ll get an error screen displaying an windows error code of quot xc e quot with a prompt message below stating quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I searched all over online to see what that error code represents only to get quot pages after pages quot of sites with each site telling me something different I have no intentions of using this as a third HDD in my system I just want to retrieve select data from it nbsp

A:Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device.........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-the-boot-selection-failed-because-a-required-device.1041435/
Relevancy 101.37%

Hello,

I am a Frenchman leaving in Estonia.

My Vista Control Panel seems to have 2 big problems (the following 2 icons are blank and do not open) :

- Problems Reports and Solutions : I get the error message : "is not a valid win32 application" !!!
- Device manager : I get the following error message : "MMC couldn?t create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly. CLSID:{74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}"

How can I get everything back in order, please ? These errors are chinese to me and I just do not understand what there is to be done . !

Looking forward to getting some kind of information, I send you my best wishes.

Shaan

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/256755-vista-control-panel-problems-reports-solutions-device-manager.html
Relevancy 101.37%

Hi,

I am trying to resolve a "Setup did not find any hard drives" error while installing Windows XP on my HP Pavilion dv9000 with an AMD Turion 64x2. I am following the information on this site:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...d-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/

The problem I'm having is that I cannot figure out where to find the correct RAID/SATA Drives for my laptop. If somebody knows where to find the appropriate *.inf files I would appriciate it. Thanks

Relevancy 101.37%

Hello forum I have a windows laptop and a linux desktop both connected to the same screen using hdmi - since my screen has only HDMI input I use an HDMI splitter Every time I move from the linux to the windows laptop using a HDMI mini remote control I get a message from windows saying that in order to apply these changes I need to reboot Note that I also use the same wireless keyboard and mouse for both computers - each time I change from one computer to the other I unplug the USB that controls them and plug it in the computer I will use I think that the problem is related to the HDMI not the keyboard mouse usb - but I am not sure Needless to say that it is very annoying and is to "A device installation" reboot required complete I "A reboot is required to complete device installation" cant keep restarting the LT each time I move from one to the other I checked event viewer to see what causes this and these are the relevant messages - Device 'USB VID E amp PID amp MI amp a cec a amp amp ' requires installation Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnPConfig Configuration Kernel-PnPConfig Event id - A reboot is required to complete device installation of device 'USB VID E amp PID amp MI amp a cec a amp amp ' Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp DeviceInstall UserPnp Event id Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this make it stop requesting reboots Many thanks in advance linuxgirl

A:"A reboot is required to complete device installation"

Addition - I just plugged and unplugged the usb that controls the wireless keyboard and mouse (without moving to the other computer) and got the same request as above - so I think I was wrong and the plugging and unplugging of the wireless usb causes windows to try to "reinstall and restart" - question is why does it do that and how do I solve it? I tried to find pnp configurations that could be changed, but didn't find anything.

Thanks again!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/39956-reboot-required-complete-device-installation.html
Relevancy 101.37%

Hi.. i have sony vaio laptop with windows 7 home edition now i want to install windows 7 pro in my laptop..

i have the ISO of win pro, because my CD drive not working i m trying to install from the USB .. windows setup started but it shows error when i click "Install Now"

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"

That message gives me 3 buttons: ok, cancel and browse, neither of OK and CANCEL would let me through the install, and with browse.

What to do.. please give me solution as soon as possible

Thank you!

A:Windows 7 Installation Error "No Device drivers"

Remove the non-working CD/DVD drive.

or
No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/167329-windows-7-installation-error-no-device-drivers.html