Windows Support Forum

Solved: disappearance of right hand side of task bar!

Q: Solved: disappearance of right hand side of task bar!

The icons on the right hand side of my taskbar disappear after they have loaded on startup. has anyone any suggestions as to how I can get them back on my screen? Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: disappearance of right hand side of task bar!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.08%

Yes...it is still possible

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tabs-at-the-end/

Thank God i found it. The world can sleep peacefully now that I have.

A:Firefox 29.1....open new tab to far right hand side..

Cool Thanks got it.

Also
I will sleep betta knowing Condo is happy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535643/firefox-291open-new-tab-to-far-right-hand-side/
Relevancy 67.08%

Help I have tried and tried to get this issue resolved and I cannot find of on right screen!! side hand CUT appears any info this is CUT appears on right hand side of screen!! the first post on a usergroup Basically what I have is this about every minutes the word CUT in green letters will appear on bottom right hand corner of my monitor i can reproduce this same effect by pressing the quot Cut quot key on my keyboard yet when this happens I am nowhere near the key and I have actually unplugged the keyboard and it still appears I am running Windows XP Home Edition AMD Athlon Processor gig ram gig hardrive and other numerous goodies The problem started about week ago after I tried using a wireless mouse and keyboard I installed the software CUT appears on right hand side of screen!! and tried it out yet I did not like the overall performance of these items and so I immidiatly went back to using my standard keyboard and mouse I do still use a wireless mouse just a different version Since I am no longer using the other mosue and keyboard I uninstalled the software I believe this never affected the computer until restarted it later on in the day and ever since it has been doing this I have tried uninstalling the mouse and keyboard drivers and letting the computer pick it up automatically yet still no luck This would not be such a problem yet when it happens it minimizes my Windows Media Player screen when its in full mode and also minimizes game screen when they are in full mode And you can imagine the pain it causes me every minutes Please any help is appreciated nbsp

A:CUT appears on right hand side of screen!!

maybe move this thread to the hardware forum.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cut-appears-on-right-hand-side-of-screen.289694/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello, I have a PC desktop HP Compaq Presario, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor, 37000+1.GB of RAM, Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 3.
A week ago the start menu under start menu on the right hand side went completely black!! When I switch it to Classic Start Menu and go to Programs the list is there; icons visible, but the description is missing. Only way to know what the program is is I scroll my mouse over each individual icon.
In tried a system restore but that did not make a difference.
Is my desktop corrupted, do I have a virus???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-hand-side-of-menu-black.1060562/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have Windows 8.1 installed on a new PC. I am finding that when the mouse pointer goes off the right hand side of the screen, I have to move the mouse back quite a long way before the pointer reappears on screen. It's like it thinks the screen is bigger than it is, but this can't be it, because otherwise surely it would display with parts of windows cut off at the right hand side when I do Full, wouldn't it? This is not the way the mouse behaves when I go off the other edges of the screen. In those cases the pointer disappears (at least, it does on the bottom edge), but I only have to move the mouse back fractionally for the pointer to reappear. This is how it has always worked in the past. But why this strange behaviour on the right hand edge of the screen? How do I fix it?

Thanks - Rowan

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/76116-mouse-goes-off-right-hand-side-screen.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I realise hand side IE8 down of left Adverts when you search google it will give adverts down the right hand side but this set of adverts have kinda hijacked part of my browser as when I visit a Adverts down left hand side of IE8 general site i e hxxp www ukgameplayers com it will leave a huge white bar down the left hand side as it can't display adverts I have run sophos anti-virus and spybot search amp destroy DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by pbeasley at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Sophos Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated F C - CBE- DE - BF - E CA BD Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe C Program Files Sophos Remote Management System ManagementAgentNT exe C Adverts down left hand side of IE8 Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exe C Program Files Sophos Remote Management System RouterNT exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer Adverts down left hand side of IE8 exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings pbeasley Desktop gmer gmer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings pbeasley Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyServer inet - uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Sophos Web Content Scanner ea -b f - c -a bc- ada fd - c program files sophos sophos anti-virus SophosBHO dll BHO NBHO Class f e - c b- e - af -d c e fc - c program files danware data netop school NBHO dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background mRun ATIPTA quot c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe quot mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun SoundMAX quot c program files analog devices soundmax Smax exe quot tray mRun amd dc opt c program files amd dual-core optimizer amd dc opt exe mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logon mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup autoup lnk - c program files sophos autoupdate ALMon exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup window lnk - c program files windows desktop search WindowsSearch exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network D... Read more

Relevancy 66.22%

So this is a bit of a job any tech a gimme project for can hand. that Side I have a used e-machine desktop We have a love hate relationship going and right now it seems to loathe me I can get the specs but I m gonna have to type it out on my iPod and you ll have to tell me what you need from me because the dang computer has no IP address and won t connect Side project for any tech that can gimme a hand. to the Internet Which is why I m posting So this computer was originally hooked up to the Internet via Ethernet then to a wireless USB adapter It all worked fine up until I had to reset the CMOS in my computer because it somehow got stuck in a reboot loop Once the reboot loop stopped my ip changed to I have tried the ip release renew and unplugging my router and modem but it does nothing Everything else seems fine my laptop and xboxes connect perfectly and all the information on the computer is intact So I m stumped The only thing that the Internet otherwise has come up with is to re install windows and I don t have the disks for that so hopefully y all have a solution Thanks in advance for all the help nbsp

A:Side project for any tech that can gimme a hand.

when you changed the bios - you have disabled the network adapter

as the PC goto setup/bios and have a look through all the settings and see if there is an option to
enable / disable the LAN at all

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
Firewall / security suite
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

uninstall the adapter and restart PC - windows will re-install the drivers
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/side-project-for-any-tech-that-can-gimme-a-hand.1161620/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've only had the laptop a couple of weeks and now only the left hand side of the touch screen works. I have tried re-starts etc. but too no avail. I've also tried switching to tablet mode with no sucess. Thank you in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Right-hand-side-of-touch-screen-not-working/td-p/5796229
Relevancy 66.22%

My HP pavillion dv6-1355dx entertainment notebook was working fine when I went to bed one night,but the next morning, the keys on the left didn't work. Any ideas?  Thanks!

A:what could cause the left hand side of my keyboard to stop w...

The keyboard can go out and when they do it is usually a section of keys not the whole thing. Try going into device manager find the keyboard and "uninstall" it then reboot to let Windows reacquire the driver. You can also turn it off remove the battery and power and hold down the power button 15 seconds then reattach power and power on. You can also go into BIOS (F10 setup) and restore default settings. If none of these works it is time for a new keyboard. They are fairly cheap and easy for the end user to install do it yourself. Post back if you want a link to a place to buy the keyboard and an instruction manual. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-could-cause-the-left-hand-side-of-my-keyboard-to-stop/td-p/1663527
Relevancy 66.22%

Windows 7 64 bit
SimpleOCR (Machine print)
Add file - Preview scanned image - input image is complete, with correct width (approx A4) - hit Continue
When imported for Convert to text the original image is clipped to about one third of its original width, loosing the righthand two thirds. However it displays the full width as a white background. I am left with about 5cm of input image staring from the left instead of about 17cm.
When I Convert to text I only obtain the beginning of each line.
I have tried reducing the width of my input JPEG as a test but without success.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simpleocr-chops-off-right-hand-side-of-input.955480/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I have a PC desktop HP Compaq Presario, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor, 37000+1.GB of RAM, Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 3.
A week ago the start menu under start menu on the right hand side went completely black!! When I switch it to Classic Start Menu and go to Programs the list is there; icons visible, but the description is missing. Only way to know what the program is is I scroll my mouse over each individual icon.
In tried a system restore but that did not make a difference.
Is my desktop corrupted, do I have a virus???

A:Right hand side of start menu black???

Please do not start more than one thread for the same issue.

Since it's likely a virus, I'll close this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-hand-side-of-start-menu-black.1060563/
Relevancy 66.22%

I ve never seen this before so have no idea what has caused it I turned Taskbar items grouped on right side hand on my PC this morning and the language icon was on the left next to start instead of on the right next to time Every window I opened was coming up on the far right hand side of the taskbar I virus scanned and although it said no threats were found the language icon has now gone back to its right place but the windows I have open are still appearing on the far right hand side of the task bar I took a screenshot this was taken before the language icon went back to its correct place but as you can see open windows appear on the far right hand side of the task bar and there are up and down arrows to jump between windows Does anyone know how to get it so they go across the bottom of the task bar again The computer was fine yesterday and no one has used it between now and then so I m not sure if a setting has been changed Thanks if anyone can help nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I was in Left sound to on be and side seems Lost going le... Hand volume the process of trying video cards out on my system and realized later that Lost sound on Left Hand side and volume seems to be going le... the sound on my left hand side is not there anymore nbsp I have looked in the case and I can't see where I've undone any type of header or anything but the sound seems to be getting less and less possibly on the right hand side nbsp Could I have possibly knocked something lose or is this something that's a common occurance with this model s nbsp If I was looking for a replacement I had thought of Lost sound on Left Hand side and volume seems to be going le... one of the Creative Sound Blaster audio cards but as I'm disabled I would just love to get the onboard sound working again without spending any money nbsp If I do have to go the sound card route any suggestions nbsp Also and I'm dating myself Lost sound on Left Hand side and volume seems to be going le... here lol do you need to connect a header from the dvd drive to the sound card anymore or is that handled by the Serial ATA connection nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank you for your time and God Bless nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Sincerely nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp x mage

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Lost-sound-on-Left-Hand-side-and-volume-seems-to-be-going/td-p/5733691
Relevancy 65.36%

ive had my comp for about 2 years now (with the same monitor) and recently i noticed my screen.. shrink.. lol... i just went to my monitors settings and streched it out.. no problem.. maybe 2 days later.. it shrank again.. this time leaving 2 black bars on the left and right side of my screen as what its receiving (i can make it so i can shrink what windows is displaying and i can still see to lighter black bars to the left and right side then what is completely black from what the monitor is blanking out) so i figure its a video card problem (radeon 9200 pci), my windows xp is messing up, or my monitors messed up.. help

Relevancy 65.36%

My face book page runs slow I have windows When I go to my inbox in left hand side where it says compose inbox drafts then it has more well below it and my symbol I have these words that pop up Something is wrong Then the words disappear Now all my inbox notices are coming in as marked important with the inbox screen under that I something of left hand pops up it go is side wro to When my yellow flag on I did not mark them I have tried some of the get it free and freebies sites but was getting way to many posted to my site I unsscribed them I got my laptop about months ago my kids have taught me some I have already downloaded a lot of infections and took my laptop to a level tech that save my stuff cleaned everything deleted a When I go to my inbox under left hand side of screen it pops up that something is wro lot then put everything back on my laptop It run like brand new Should have left the win this and other free stuff alone Oh I also got a guy to get in touch with me trying to get me to send him money that I won thousand bucks Just made some mistakes entering different things and trying to do some research on my health issues I am years old and as you figured out this is my first time on the internet I am a work in progress as my kids would say nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-go-to-my-inbox-under-left-hand-side-of-screen-it-pops-up-that-something-is-wro.1141530/
Relevancy 65.36%

I turned my laptop right off last night (I usually just put it into sleep mode) and now, since rebooting this morning, I can't get the menu to slide in from the right hand side. Instead, the Power and Search icons are showing at the top of the start screen along side my name and avatar.

I've recently had to have a new hard drive but the menu has been working OK until now.

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to get this back?

Jan (UK)

A:Unable to access menu on right hand side of screen

Verify that the Charms bar is still enabled.
Charms Bar Hint - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Would be a good idea to run the sfc /scannow in the elevated command prompt.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51723-unable-access-menu-right-hand-side-screen.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all.

As I say in the title, everything shown on my moinitor has a kind of ghostly blur/smear emanating from the right hand side of any window or image.

I've done a screensave of what im seeing here:
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7682/screenblur.jpg
although I don't know if it will show up for other viewers.

I've had the monitor for about a year, and it seems to have slowly got worse over time, I can'r really recall when it first started happening but im sure it hasn't been very long, and I dont think ive updated anything lately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

Recently on Windows 8 file explorer some details started to be displayed on the right hand side.  They can be best described as a large icon with some file information like how many files are stored or what type of file they are. 

Does anyone know how to remove this icon and information.  I find it quite annoying and cannot remove via any of the settings.

A:Windows 8 File Explorer - properties displayed on right hand side ?

Sounds like you might have enabled the Preview or Details pane.
In Windows Explorer, click the "View" tab in the Ribbon.  In the "Pane" segment on the left side of the Ribbon, unclick either Preview Pane or Details Pane (whichever is highlighted) and it should go back to "normal".David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/787fe06c-80be-4cf7-8d77-2c5aba029b94/windows-8-file-explorer-properties-displayed-on-right-hand-side-?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 64.93%

When I click the start button (windows circle) the search command is missing on the right hand side, same if I right-click. How did this go missing, and how can I get it back?

Do you think I may have a virus? Does anyone know how to get rid of it or know how to bring back the search link? I'm using Vista 32 bit. Thank you.

Brad

A:Search option missing on right hand side of start menu

If you installed SP1 then the Search entry went away by design. Legal action was taken against Microsoft by other search engine providers so that their software could be easier to integrate.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941946

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/search-option-missing-on-right-hand-side-of-start-menu-256822.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a HP Envy, Model 17 - J171ea, Product F9U15EA~ABU, I have been using my PC but since the last couple of days my left hand side hinge got loose and now every time I lift up the screen the bottom of the casing opens up, I think the case and the hinge are getting more damaged,  I see from the forum that this seems to be a problem with this laptop.I need to know how I can get this repaired or is there a recall of the product due to this bad design of the hinge.I await a early reply or if someone could direct me on where I can get the part to replace the top housing?My laptop has just come out of warrenty. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-17-quot-Envy-Leap-Motion-left-hand-side-Hinge-pops-out-of/td-p/5794605
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok so i sent out my girls laptop about 3 months ago, because the motherboard and keyboard went bad. They said oh it will take 2 weeks to get back out to you.... Anyway they replaced the keyboard and the motherboard, and everything works great now. But there is a tiny slide switch button on the left hand side for a wireless connection that will go left or right. It is stuck and wont go right or left. So i pushed it a little to hard and the button popped off. How can i fix this... Should i unscrew the bottom of the laptop and try to fix the switch? I'm def not sending it back out again to wait another 3 months.

Computer itself is a gateway t series laptop.

A:Tiny slide switch button on the left hand side of my girls laptop is stuck?

Joe, it would help to have the model number of this Gateway T Series.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tiny-slide-switch-button-on-the-left-hand-side-of-my-girls-laptop-is-stuck.155371/
Relevancy 59.77%

In my Taks bar on the bottom right hand of my screen when I start my computer there are supposed to be 4 icons in there but when I restart my computer at other times there are 3 or 2 icons but sometimes there are no icons.Rarly when I start my computer there are all the icons in the Task Bar.

How do I fix This Problem?

A:Task Bar(bottom right hand of the screen)

What icons do you want there? The less the better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-bar-bottom-right-hand-of-the-screen.235958/
Relevancy 58.91%

In my data partition I use a particular set of rules in naming folders, i.e. 0 is the prefix for any folder that gets direct downloads, 1 is the prefix for any folder that gets software, etc

I would like to put a "sticky" (for lack of a better word for this) on the left hand side of the folder so that I can quickly access these rules any time I open up the F:data drive without having to open up a file to remind me of them. Is there some way to do this?

A:Putting a "sticky" on the left hand side of a folder

as far as text goes, I don't think so, but here's what I do. (In XP) right click on the folder and then go to Customize and click change icon and it should by default load the list from system32\shell32.dll which are like 100 really nice 32x32 icons. Your downloaded files folder could by the 2nd row, 4th in one where it's a globe with a ring around it, sort of implying the internet. Then every time you see that folder, it would have that custom icon and you'd be able to tell what's inside it a lot better than remembering numbers. Technically you can draw your own 32x32 icon and save it somewhere then click browse and browse to your custom saved one. Then you can put unique graphics or colors or text or whatever you want on it to tag that folder. Btw the best free icon creator/editor is Clic

Download Free Icon Clic, Icon Clic 2.00.246 Download

On my desktop, my computer repair business folder has a custom icon of one of the temples from the original age of empires :P totally easy to find now lol.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/putting-a-sticky-on-the-left-hand-side-of-a-folder-557738.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey everyone i've been having a lot of problems with windows Recently i've had an issue with the taskbar it started where when i left clicked on a program that i had pinned to it would not show up the menu like it usually does and just does nothing and later on the start button wouldn't open up at all when i clicked it now on my main screen im using a dual screen of is taskbar cortana/websearch gone and side taskbar/ left Issues with hand setup the left hand side of my taskbar is gone which had the internet access speakers notifications language and date time plus the show hidden icons and question mark They are all on my second screen but none are on my first main screen I've tried using all of the different guides such as Steps to Fix Your Windows Taskbar Issues How to fix your Windows Issues with taskbar/ cortana/websearch and left hand side of taskbar is gone Start Menu - BT https answers microsoft com en-us ea auth and none of them worked i followed every step i did the powershell thing and everything else i even tried make a new account and it was working for about - minutes and then it did the exact Issues with taskbar/ cortana/websearch and left hand side of taskbar is gone same thing its doing on my main account Can anyone please Issues with taskbar/ cortana/websearch and left hand side of taskbar is gone help I would really appreciate it Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/issues-with-taskbar-cortana-websearch-and-left-hand-side-of-taskbar-is-gone-1144489.html
Relevancy 58.91%

im having problems with my computer its nothing serious its just annoying and i want to fix it. the icons on the right side of the Start menu are now shown as folders and not the fancy one and i miss that, i was wondering if i can change them back? this all started a few days ago i think i caused it by doing something with CMD and some files showed up and i was deleting alot of them cause they looked like they were unnessasary, i think i deleted something that shouldnt of been deleted. now im just trying to figure out how to fix it with using system restore because i dont have the a restore point to fix that problem my restore points are deleted. does any one know what i can do.

A:Missing icons in start menu (icons on the right hand side)

Originally Posted by raitoyagami

im having problems with my computer its nothing serious its just annoying and i want to fix it. the icons on the right side of the Start menu are now shown as folders and not the fancy one and i miss that, i was wondering if i can change them back?

It is going on about Quick Launch Icons Quick Launch ,Show Desktop?- if not show any screen

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/202785-missing-icons-start-menu-icons-right-hand-side.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I was wondering if one Disabled Manager chap one a only Task hand for computing: with of you clever chaps could come up with something to help a chap who only has the use of only one hand after his stroke - moi there are times when I want to use the task manager and can t because contrl al delete calls for two hands which I don Disabled computing: Task Manager for a chap with only one hand t have there are times when I want to shut down the computer using task manager such as when it won t load any icons including the start button I don t often have a carer to do it for me as I live alone it can t be anything complicated because I understand zilch about how computers work I ve heard of things called hot keys and F keys can they be told to invoke task manager I m running windows xp and using a logitech wireless keyboard which is on a moveable table for when I need to get into my wheelchair it would be a real boon if I could just push one or two keys with my right hand to get task manager might that be possible or am I stuck I s told that just switching the pc off can harm the hard drive I don t want to to that because I could not afford a new computer nbsp

A:Disabled computing: Task Manager for a chap with only one hand

Easiest way is to right click on the task bar and select task manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabled-computing-task-manager-for-a-chap-with-only-one-hand.185907/
Relevancy 55.9%

G'day everyone - I suspect this issue will be a tough one to get help with!

I've attached a screen-capture of a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 spreadsheet I'm working on at the moment. As you will be able to see on the screen-capture, I've marked the areas of interest and will explain here...

When I enter a name in this column (marked as '1'), I want the spreadsheet to check another column (marked as '2') to see if there is a match. If there is a match, I then want the spreadsheet to check the column marked as '3', and subtract that amount from the column marked as '4'. If there is no match between the column marked as '1' and the column marked as '2', I don't want anything to happen.

I hope that made sense, and if anyone can help me with a solution here, I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Solved: Calculating Side-By-Side Cells Dependant On Text Entries In Excel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-calculating-side-by-side-cells-dependant-on-text-entries-in-excel.833879/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I'm reading a message I have to scroll right to see the rest of the sentence. Is there a way to show the entire message in one window?

Thanks

A:Solved: Remove necessity to scroll side to side in order to read text.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-remove-necessity-to-scroll-side-to-side-in-order-to-read-text.546692/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a spreadsheet that has nine columns. Once of these columns (the fourth column) is used for a single character as a method of immediately letting the user know that the row in particular is different to the others. So, there's nothing different about that at all.

What I'd like to be able to do, though, is to have the other eight columns (the three columns before the column mentioned above and the five after) all change their background colour when the single character is entered in the fourth column.

So, if the user inputs data in a new row and leaves the fourth column cell blank, nothing happens. If the user enters the symbol (let's say it's a "#"), then the nine columns will all change their background colour to red.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

A:Solved: Formatting Side-By-Side Cells Dependant On Single Cell Value?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formatting-side-by-side-cells-dependant-on-single-cell-value.877970/
Relevancy 55.9%

So I had the same problem as above I had developed a dll using Qt that worked fine on my machine but would not register on another The failed Solved: as configuration has side application to incorrect side start is by familiar quot This application Solved: application has failed to start as side by side configuration is incorrect has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect quot appears when I ran the depencency walker on the dll So this was the solution that worked for me which may help some others see what s going wrong here Within my dll the manifest emedded read lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot standalone quot yes quot gt lt assembly xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com asm v quot manifestVersion quot quot gt lt dependency gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt assemblyIdentity type quot win quot name quot Microsoft VC DebugCRT quot version quot quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot gt lt assemblyIdentity gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt dependency gt lt assembly gt It seemed that the assembly definition was not found upon my client computer So then from within my original computer s Windows WinSxS directory I copied the x Microsoft VC DebugCRT f directory and it s associated files within the Policies and Manifests directories onto the client computer Once copied the dll registrered fine Hope this helps nbsp

A:Solved: application has failed to start as side by side configuration is incorrect

As above where?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-application-has-failed-to-start-as-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.758168/
Relevancy 55.9%

Problem I m trying to retrieve a problem from sub server-side client-side Solved: variable setting client-side lt form gt element value into a server-side variable The code works if I explicitly set strCCLastNameValue a data value in the db table column quot care Contact Last Name quot such as quot Jones quot I hope I have explained the situation adequately Thanks for any suggestions on resolving this issue Here s the code Solved: problem setting server-side variable from client-side sub in an asp file lt script language quot Solved: problem setting server-side variable from client-side sub VBScript quot gt Sub Solved: problem setting server-side variable from client-side sub prepop lt Dim dbConn oRS sSQL strCCLastNameValue strCCLastNameValue document getElementById quot careContactLastName quot value THIS IS THE LINE THAT IS GIVING ME PROBLEMS Set dbConn Server CreateObject quot ADODB Connection quot dbConn Open quot Provider SQLOLEDB Server MYServerurl Database wpgXXXXX NetworkLibrary DBMSSOCN UID XXXXX PWD YYYYYYYY quot Set oRS Server CreateObject quot ADODB Recordset quot oRS CursorLocation adUseClient With oRS ActiveConnection dbConn Source quot SELECT FROM CareMinistry WHERE care Contact Last Name quot amp strCCLastNameValue amp quot quot CursorType LockType CursorLocation Open End With oRS MoveFirst gt Then fill the lt form gt with the selected row document addform entryStatus value quot lt oRS quot entry Status quot gt quot document addform entryCategory value quot lt oRS quot entry Category quot gt quot document addform entryDate value quot lt oRS quot entry Date quot gt quot document addform entryTime value quot lt oRS quot entry Time quot gt quot document addform careContactLastName value quot lt oRS quot care Contact Last Name quot gt quot and more fields to fill lt Close objects gt End Sub In the asp file which invokes the above sub on a quot onclick quot event of the following lt input gt the Form is as follows lt form name quot addform quot method quot POST quot action quot https toMyWebserver CBC-CareMinistry RELM do DB listings secure asp quot gt lt Table cellspacing quot quot cellpadding quot quot bgcolor quot ffffff quot width quot quot BORDER quot quot gt lt tr gt lt td width quot quot height quot quot align quot right quot bgcolor quot FFFFCC quot gt Search on Last Name lt td gt lt td height quot quot bgcolor quot FFFFCC quot gt lt input type quot text quot name quot searchCareContactLastName quot id quot searchCareContactLastName quot value quot quot size quot quot gt lt td gt lt td bgcolor quot FFFFCC quot gt lt input type quot button quot name quot nameGo quot id quot nameGo quot value quot Go quot size quot quot onclick quot return prepop quot gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt The SQL table defines multiple columns each of which is of type quot varchar quot with the column of interest being care Contact Last Name nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

On right side of my task bar is a clock and other stuff. When I right click, properties, customize I see a bunch of icons. Most I have set to always hide. Some change for no reason to always show. Some are double for no reason. I would like to remove some of them. Is this possible, and how?

Relevancy 55.04%

Win 7 64 bit SP1. Attempting to install m-audio 2496 driver version 6_0_8 using an exe file. I was told to do this by m-audio support to try to overcome some problems with clicks and crackles in the card.

But when I try to run the installer, I get the message that the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.

Support told me to try to install the drivers manually using the device manager (!) but as I pointed out to them that does not work because ....the drivers are tied up in the exe file.....however....

Then it was suggested that I install C++ 2008 redist. That did not work.

So what is causing this side by side error?

It's nearly two weeks now since I started to ask them for help, so I am a little desperate. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

A:[SOLVED] Driver won't install 'side by side' error

Ask the tech support personel if the driver is for a 64bit version of Windows. If it is not as him or her if they have 32bit drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-driver-wont-install-side-by-side-error-689364.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This is kind of a pain. I can't find anyone out there except some C++ programmers that really talk about this problem. I have Vista Ultimate, 2 gigs of ram, 2 video cards in SLI, 2.4ghz X2 processor. All of my games and programs work, with the exception of BioShock, and now my windows update. I downloaded the demo yesterday from Steam, and got this messege

the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details

I thought this was a problem with the Steam download, so I went ahead and purchased the full game of BioShock. Got the same messege. I am really at my wits end. I have been at this since 10am and have gone nowhere... Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: ..failed because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-failed-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.613262/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I am having a very annoying problem which i need to fix because its slowing Icons problems side) Task Bar (Right my computer On the right side of the task bar where you can hide and unhide inactive icons the little lt lt button disapeared Heres a pic of my task properties and on the buttom is my task bar Now when i click on customize this window shows Now as you can see there are alot of things there some that are open twice or more Task Bar (Right side) problems Icons but there is no way i could get to them because in my task bar the little lt lt button disapeared This just happened one day i didnt change any settings or anything Also when i click show always it doesnt change anything I have about programs open in their but i cannot access them from them or close them What can i do to fix the problem with the expanding button so it shows on my task bar And also how can i delete some items that are in the above image some of them are opened twice or even more Please help Thx

A:Task Bar (Right side) problems Icons

In your images you have shown only two programs that are "current" or currently running. The other programs listed below are "past" or not running now. The reason the (<<) is missing is because there is nothing more to show.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-bar-right-side-problems-icons-38476.html
Relevancy 55.04%

help i have installed a update for my vista computer and now something has changed... when you minimized one on your programs it gos down to the left side next to the quick launch buttons. with me it has changed to the right side of the task bar near the system tray. and the drag button that's usually there it gone. how do i resolve this? harley

A:task bar programs on the right side not left

Hi Harlza, If you right click on your taskar is it locked if so uncheck it and your slideable seperator should reappear

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261129-task-bar-programs-right-side-not-left.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well I get the message when I try to open nearly every program programs that installed with windows a long time ago seem to run fine winlogon exe and eveyrthing needed to login also paint wordpad notepad winrar and ventrilo work programs that do not work are all browsers - IE chrome and firefox seemingly all games and well everything that I did not mention above This include downloaded exes and the windows installer service PS I was able to get internet working on the bit version i think all the programs that work are bit exes I checked the event log and here is what is shown same file incorrect exe 32-bit for Side-by-side Solved: 64) configuration (not every every time quot - System - Provider Name SideBySide - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - Solved: Side-by-side configuration incorrect for every 32-bit exe (not 64) T Z EventRecordID Solved: Side-by-side configuration incorrect for every 32-bit exe (not 64) Channel Application Computer Mike-PC Security - EventData System Default Context C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows c -controls resources b ccf df en-us a bbcc manifest Click to expand Something that I will try when I get home is using the file from my desktop but I have no confidence that that will work I cant system restore I believe this happened while my laptop was going into sleep mode and lost power I am currently pursing a way to reinstall all my c and net packages without exes in another thread nbsp

A:Solved: Side-by-side configuration incorrect for every 32-bit exe (not 64)

no response so far, this is what I've figured out

the file in question
x86_microsoft.windows.c..-controls.resources_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7600.16385_en-us_020378a8991bbcc2.manifest

is not just missing a line, the data of the file is corrupt, I figured this out by comparing whats in the file

to the same file from my desktop computer

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:cmiv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3" cmiv2:copyright="Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.">
<noInheritable />
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.Resources" version="5.82.7600.16385" processorArchitecture="x86" language="en-us" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" type="win32" />
<file hash="4ac1f8a683ba205194266ea615f0b37ec45cb16e" hashalg="SHA1" name="comctl32.dll.mui" cmiv2:sourceName="" cmiv2:importPath="$(build.nttree)\multi\en-US\">
<asmv2:hash xmlns:asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
<dsig:Transforms xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
<dsig:Transform Algorithm="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:HashTransforms.Identity" />
</dsig:Transforms>
<dsigigestMethod xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha256" />
<dsigigestValue xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">XnU0FBoJHxhjhIpVf4ybEd7ui1VZBszrrdcCowPe8qs=</dsigigestValue>
</asmv2:hash>
</file>
<memberships xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<categoryMembership>
<id name="Microsoft.Windows.Fusion_Components_All" version="6.1.7600.16385" processorArchitecture="x86" language="neutral" buildType="release" publicKeyToken="1122334455667788" />
</categoryMembership>
<categoryMembership>
<id name="Microsoft.Windows.Multilingual_Components_All" version="6.1.7600.16385" processorArchitecture="x86" language="neutral" buildType="release" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
</categoryMembership>
</memberships>
</assembly>Click to expand...
I dont know what much of that means, except that it has to do with my cpu, so it means it is probably particular to my computer so I'm think if I absolutely cannot stand re installing everything, I can (using various linux live cds ect...) resize my drive's partitions, reinstall the same windows version, and install the same packages C++ and .net, and then use the file from the new installation to replace in the old installation, and if I fail, ill have a new installation ready to go, and another partition with a list of my programs and all my settings, can anyone think of a better plan or tell me how to replace that corrupt file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-side-by-side-configuration-incorrect-for-every-32-bit-exe-not-64.987557/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,

This is my first question so I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help. I have installed Ubuntu through a disk within vista and to be honest I don't like ubuntu at all, I want to remove it from my system, how do I do this without detroying my system and reclaiming my hard drive disk space.

Many thanks to anybody who can help

Relevancy 54.18%

My old Dell running Vista went down for the count I wasted about hours to discover that it will never again reboot and can t have the system reinstalled I know it s hardware that s causing the problem now I m not a side-by-side Solved: First time required... new user I had most of my data backed up on an external HD but I wasn t up to date on my iTunes library and I need to grab that off the sickly disk somehow If I could get into it without booting it like an Solved: First time side-by-side required... external with no system I could probably take that and anything else that I ve forgotten I never had to side-by-side computers before I m temporarily using my laptop Also Dell also Vista I have a laptop USB hub so needing extra USB ports wouldn t be a problem I have my keyboard hooked up to the laptop I have the old monitor running as a mirror display on the laptop So my question which I hope you experts can answer is what do I need to accomplish the task I have described Or is it impossible I would hate to lose all the music in that iTunes library much of it was burned in from CDs or came from sources other than the iTunes store Thanks so much in advance for anything you can tell me nbsp

A:Solved: First time side-by-side required...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002
Something like that, or an external case.....or hooking it up as a slave drive in another desktop computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-first-time-side-by-side-required.925649/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Windows Vista Premium and don't have any Icons on my desktop even when I drag and drop an Icon on the desktop, it just disappears.
I have to go thru the long process of - Computer/Local C Drive/Users/My user name/desktop to access my desktop icons.

How can I resolve this?
Pls note going into - right click on desktop - personalize - change desktop icons.... didnt help

A:Solved: Disappearance of my Vista Desktop Icons....

Because you have hided you desktop icons,..to show them again;

Right click on the desktop, View and then "show desktop Icon" Click on it and see. may be it might the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disappearance-of-my-vista-desktop-icons.845057/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there,

I'm looking forward if you guys guide me through showing my toolbar back. As I may did something accidentally, it is being hidden all the time, which bothers. I have to go by the mouse above to review it, once I choose anything, it does the same thing again by being hidden.
So I want a way to keep my toolbar shown all time, as normal.

Thanks!

Relevancy 53.75%

How do I move the task bar from the side where it mysteriously wound up back to the bottom of the screen? Thanks.

A:start & task bar have been moved to the side of the screen instead of bottom.

When it pops up(if you choose to autohide), click an empty space on the taskbar and hold it down. Now, drag it around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-task-bar-have-been-moved-to-the-side-of-the-screen-instead-of-bottom.319364/
Relevancy 53.75%

I know I can get documents as a tool bar on the right side of the task bar, but don't like it there or the way it's presented. 

In the past I was able to pin only documents (not user files) to the left side of the task bar, but can't remember how to do it.  When I try with just documents, it pins the whole user files.

Can anyone please tell me (easy steps) how to pin documents to the left side of the task bar?

Thank you.

A:how to pin documents (only not user files) to left side of task bar

Follow the directions here http://www.7tutorials.com/how-pin-any-folder-windows-7-taskbarI found this several years ago when I wanted to pin a specific documents folder to my taskbar. This adds Pin to taskbar to the context menu of whatever you want to pin. Simple procedure that does not take long to do.Make sure you leave the space which is mentioned or it will not work.This does work for those items which have no option to pin to taskbar.If you do this and have any problems post back. Also post back if it works for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582035/how-to-pin-documents-only-not-user-files-to-left-side-of-task-bar/
Relevancy 53.75%

Op Onze Nieuwe L50-B-1TX werken de PC INSTELLINGEN Niet via charme rechts

A:Win8.1 - PC settings task doesnt apper on the right side

Hello Tiny

Sorry but I don't understand what do you mean exactly. I have tried to translate it using Google translator but I don't understand what do you mean exactly.

Please be so nice and translate your posting and make it understandable for all forum members.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82861-Win8-1-PC-settings-task-doesnt-apper-on-the-right-side
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently installed Win 8 Enterprise 90 days trial using Virtualbox.

I tried Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the task manager, but it apparently works on only the left ctrl and left shift keys..

Is this a bug or intentional ?

Update: Omg, fatal typo. I meant Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Sorry.

A:Win+Shift+Esc shortcut for task manager only works on the left side ?

Try
Ctrl-Alt-Delete

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/10691-win-shift-esc-shortcut-task-manager-only-works-left-side.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

Just went through a news post on Business issues, which was regarding a data protection plan that will ensure Application recovery as well. With Internet being proclaimed as one of the most lethal sources of media, risks associated with the medium have also given nightmares to even some of the most powerful corporates we have today. Businesses today deploy several resources to make sure their data is protected from external threats whereas the Application recovery part is still in a jeopardized state, courtesy the incremental and challenging steps involved in the procedure. Do you feel in the coming time these complex procedures can be simplified? Can data protection strategies and Application recoveries go together?

Cheers

Maneet Puri

A:Can data protection and application recovery go hand in hand?

maneetpuri said:

Hi

Just went through a news post on Business issues, which was regarding a data protection plan that will ensure Application recovery as well. With Internet being proclaimed as one of the most lethal sources of media, risks associated with the medium have also given nightmares to even some of the most powerful corporates we have today. Businesses today deploy several resources to make sure their data is protected from external threats whereas the Application recovery part is still in a jeopardized state, courtesy the incremental and challenging steps involved in the procedure. Do you feel in the coming time these complex procedures can be simplified? Can data protection strategies and Application recoveries go together?

Cheers

Maneet PuriClick to expand...

I believe that they can. Don't most of us refer to the process as "backup"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-data-protection-and-application-recovery-go-hand-in-hand.1060520/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys I am new on this forum and I have Side-by-Side problem Solved: created this account because I saw many solved problems here So here s my problem I installed Windows hours ago had Window before this also but I had to reinstall it I installed my basic programs CCleaner Firefox Adobe Shockwave Air Flash Player FastStone Image Viewer SuperAntiSpyware WinRar KMPlayer Skype and I also installed the game that I play mostly Lineage But it seems that I can t play it no matter what I do I get this annoying message whenever I try to start the game C Program files NCsoft LineageII system l exe The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace exe tool for more detail I searched the internet for solutions and did the following reinstalled Solved: Side-by-Side problem VC all the Adobe programs the NET Framework and nothing did the trick I must say I am up-to-date with the Windows updates I am running SP for that matter On my previous Windows Lineage was running perfectly the build was not up-to-date but all worked well Taking a look at the Event Viewer Solved: Side-by-Side problem I found this - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot SideBySide quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt NameofthePC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Microsoft VC OpenMP processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files NCsoft Lineage II system l exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Don t know if any of that helps so here is the general detail of the error Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files NCsoft Lineage II system l exe quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC OpenMP processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis As far as I understand I miss something that quot version quot quot So what is there to do LE So it seems that is actually the name for Microsoft Visual C SP Redistributable Package x I ve downloaded it and installed it Going to restart and reinstall Lineage and see if that did the trick LE It did work Finally Didn t even have to reinstall Lineage Seems I worked up my own problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-side-by-side-problem.999809/
Relevancy 52.03%

System is wifes gateway SX running vista home premium with GB ram The problem is almost anything that needs the manifest with culture en or culture en-us will not run Machine had been functional up until yesterday when my wife shut it down This is her machine On restarting hours or so later the side by side error appeared I attempted to reinstall the C re-distributional but that can not run because of the side by side configuration error I had removed the C updates from the registry and tried again No good the windows update nor the download will work Update fails unknown error and the download exe file has the side by side error Outlook will not work nor other office programs It is strange IE x gets the error as well but the bit version will just not open any webpages with the exception of one I read posts from this site and others but I do not know what next to revisit side side Solved: by do Can I just copy the manifests from my Win machine and only allow ones that are not on the target machine Vista copy over or what I am at a loss and my wife will not be happy to have to do a restore of the entire OS and programs I did try a restore to an earlier point in time but that did not help Your assistance will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: side by side revisit

Ran cbs:scannow and the problem was resolved. I think I learned about the scannow on this site, but I was looking for solutions all over the place. Wife is happy so am I

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-side-by-side-revisit.994445/
Relevancy 48.16%

I guess this is best explained with images, so here's what I want. (If possible of course).

So in this screenshot you can see my Start Menu, notice that some of this icons (Steam, Curse Client and Origin) have an arrow next to them? When you hover, or click, with the mouse the Task menu opens up.
What I want is to add an icon of Microsoft Office and make it so that the arrow is there too (just like Steam, Origin and Curse Client) and make it so that when I click or hover the Task menu will appear, and on the list will be MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc
I would like to know if it's at all possible and if so how can I do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

A:How do I pin a folder to Start Menu and have it show Task side menu?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Nice wall care to share the original with us

I don't know how one would go about that with the start menu and all of the office programs,
I believe it would be possible using a toolbar on the taskbar though,
Customize toolbar,
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/windows-7-annoyances/5c785b0f-3ec6-498f-b0dc-61f776c79928

Windows 7 annoyances - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/360618-how-do-i-pin-folder-start-menu-have-show-task-side-menu.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Somehow the "start" moved from the bottom left to the right side of the monitor.

Any idea on how to get it moved back to the left side?

A:"Start" moved to right side of tool bar/task bar

Hi, simply click on it and with a quick motion drag it back to left side, good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-moved-to-right-side-of-tool-bar-task-bar.89954/
Relevancy 48.16%

Salutations I am having a problems similar to the gal who posted System is slowed Adult Friend Finder popups strange new tabs opening in IE that don t go anywhere I m using a HP Pavilion Slimline s n PC with Windows Vista Home Edition I ve ran Adaware SpyBot S amp D and even purchased and ran Spyware Doctor with little or no effect S amp D and Spyware Doctor both found and fixed a virtumonde trojan I think I may have infected myself when I ran a crack for Nero on Monday long story - but I normally don t steal any software Here s my HJT logfile if anyone can help me out Thanks in advance I ll donate if you can fix me up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc need Solved: I hand... a exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe c Program Files Common Solved: I need a hand... Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C hp Solved: I need a hand... support hpsysdrv exe C hp KBD kbd exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsGui exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system WerCon exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page ... Read more

A:Solved: I need a hand...

Nevermind. I think I got it. I'll start a new thread in a few days if I notice any further symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-need-a-hand.720566/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello i hope someone could help me out as you all have before I have Solved: Second My Me! Hand Help Computer! been given a second hand laptop from work today as mine is reasonably knackered It is a Toshiba Portege R It runs on XP and has a Pentium M thing inside it It has come with several profiles on it The first thing i would like to do is to remove all profiles and have it load to the desktop instead of a log-in screen Can anyone point me towards a tutorial or guide Solved: My Second Hand Computer! Help Me! or even better just tell me the steps i would have to go through to get this to happen Will there be a priblem doing this as there is a fingerprint reader scanner thing and i dont have said finger Other things I wondered if anyone knew the least RAM intensive browser software i e is it FF or IE I wondered if anyone could recommend any other applications that work well without being RAM intensive For example i have heard of a mediaplayer style thing called Foobar is that any good Alsom if i pick up the windows mediaplayer classic thing anyone know where i downloaded it such a long time ago on my old computer would i be safe in removing all other media-players By this I mean does the MPclassic borrow files codecs maybe from other media programs There is a lot of stuff on here from Toshiba that seems quite pointless am i safe to get rid of it Sorry if this all sounds achingly simplistic to you all And oh yes there is more what is a Pentium M For a moment i imagined that i hadnt been paying attention to the roll-out of Intel stuff for so long that in terms of Roman numerals we had reached M This is clearly not so I am just trying to find out what sort of computer i have in front of me what can it do exactly Lastly i would like to say thankyou to anyone who can help me i have found slipping myself into someone elses computer is much like putting on someone elses sweaty shoes barefooted Thanks -Chris nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

In an incredibly foolish move for someone with my experience I infected myself with Vundo The symptoms include lots of annoying IE popups new Hand with Vundo Solved: Need a windows in Firefox and Blue Screens when I try to shut down giving a fatal error in winlogon exe McAfee detects it as both Vundo and Vundo dll when I start up typically finding it in the Temp folder and erasing it Spyware S amp D and AdAware do their best but there s not much happening However S amp D does Solved: Need a Hand with Vundo find a file called quot Smitfraud-C Toolbar quot whenever it scans even after its been previously removed which it claims hooks as a DLL to winlogo notify and sends information Solved: Need a Hand with Vundo to websites Is this related I have performed full system scans with McAfee Enterprise and have also used the Norton Vundo Removal Tool but it didn t detect anything I followed the instructions at http vil nai com vil content v htm and that also seems not to have worked So now - I need an expert to help me out Here s my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C WINDOWS System aniServ exe C Program Files Internet Apache Apache Apache exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Security Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Internet Apache Apache Apache exe C Program Files Security McAfee VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Security McAfee VirusScan vstskmgr exe C PROGRA UTILIT NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA UTILIT NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files Internet MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C Program Files Security McAfee VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Security ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C games steam steam exe C Program Files Utilities FreeRam XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard TrayMon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Security Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Internet Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Multimedia Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Security HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http gmtg R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Multimedia Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Inter... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Just got to my parents house for the holiday and they are asking me to fix there PC Appears they have been hijacked maybe by Cool Web Search Ad aware and Hijacked NEED PC/IE A HAND -- Solved: Spybot aren t helping Can someone please help me out Here is the HJT LOG Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C Solved: NEED A HAND -- PC/IE Hijacked WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS d gx exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C WINDOWS system mfcgm exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings joan amp dave Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS gvtrw dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS gvtrw dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS gvtrw dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS gvtrw dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS gvtrw dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS gvtrw dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www runsearch com search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS gvtrw dll sp html R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - DF A-C -BD C- D -EC F FA - C WINDOWS msqt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run New net Startup rundll C PROGRA NEWDOT NEWDOT DLL NewDotNetStartup -s O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X -X quot C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell Photo... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

I have two sticks of memory in my hand how do I know if it is ECC or non ECC?

A:Solved: How do you know if you are holding FCC or non ECC in your hand

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-you-know-if-you-are-holding-fcc-or-non-ecc-in-your-hand.967536/
Relevancy 46.87%

All, I have obtained a second-hand PC, Toshiba Satellite C655 running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit. The thing is quite slow in every way imaginable. I have uninstalled almost all non-essential programs using "Uninstall a Program," run CCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware, run Disk Cleanup & Disk Defragmenter.

What else can I do to help this thing out?

Ideally, a system recovery would be best, as there's nothing on the computer I care about keeping, but I have no disks.

Help?

Relevancy 46.87%

ok this malware trojan adware on my computer is starting to get out of hand pop ups keep coming up i have tried manually deleting and scanners and it is still there grr here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal malware problem of hand Solved: out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost Solved: malware problem out of hand exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe Solved: malware problem out of hand c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c Solved: malware problem out of hand PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C WINDOWS system mnmsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us O - Toolbar no name - DF D -BEC - d -B - DB DFC - no file O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - Toolbar Security Toolbar - A AE -FBED- -A BF- AF - C WINDOWS system sxhnbzkl dll O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User Default user O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F ... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Windows 7 has a big advertising column on the right hand side (often in many websites ) and this column covers part of the article I may be reading. Is there a way to reduce or , better still, get rid of that column of advertising?
Many thanks for any replies
Raelph

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

a while ago i had a problem with some videos not streaming, so at some site it recommended to turn something off in my explorer settings.

The videos then all played on different blogs etc but since a week or two, some of the videos im trying to watch on different sites show up in the top left hand side of the screen, flikkering, but the controls like full screen and movement of the time bar still stay in tact at the place where the video should be shown, you just have to estimate where the controls would normally be and then click or drag..

Can you please help me to put the settings back, and then still see the different videos unlike the the problem it originally started of with ?

Thank you very much,

Dennis

A:[SOLVED] video's and ads appear in top left hand screen

What was recommended to be turned off in Explorer (or was it Internet Explorer..)?

And what recommended it?

Was it a Windows screen or message from the website?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-videos-and-ads-appear-in-top-left-hand-screen-575455.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone I just paid for a renovated Lenovo Thinkpad laptop Works okay I am told I cannot remove the Win Pro x operating system or change anything else How do I take complete control of this computer without wiping it I used my Win Pro x installation disc and upgraded it but not full control I have formatted one of these before but could not install Win and the laptop would not start up so the garbage bin got it I bought a desktop from the same charity group and formatted and reinstalled and now it is so GOOD AND FAST What can I do to get rid of the charity group s Trusted Installer and the SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR so I have full control Would they have changed BIOS settings do you think I can t do anything to change that without your help Do you think I could format it or wipe it and reinstall Win so I am known as the owner etc THanks for reading this and I hope you have the how complete to take of second-hand Solved: laptop control a answers for it If anyone living in South West Australia is happy with the thought of the prices for the computers just go to Unit Rafferty Road Mandurah and look for a roadside sign for the Mandurah Muscateers Only open days a week Tuesdays and Thursdays Hope to hear from lots of you Thanks Scottspa nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Please note: Please do NOT respond as this has been resolved and the login information has been disabled.

Wonder if someone running Windows 7 would be kind enough to test this login script to see if it works with the new OS?

Here is the login info you would need - all lower case.
Username: ack
Password: 7kmbrub

http://www.networkdriven.com/hp22/proceedRegAplus.htm

BTW, Windows 7 comes with IE 8, correct?

A:Solved: Need a Windows 7 user to give me a hand

It works fine and yes Windows 7 comes with IE8.

I think whether or not it works would depend on the browser itself and not the operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-a-windows-7-user-to-give-me-a-hand.880425/
Relevancy 46.44%

So recently I received a blue screen of death The error was something along the after - File Check configuration application incorrect System Side-by-side errors lines of page fault in nonpaged area When it restarted windows advised me to perform a system file check So I left my computer for a bit and when I came back it was already at the logon screen However when I logged on and started firefox first thing I noticed was that all my bookmarks and some extensions had been wiped I then tried to start Microsoft Word but I received the following error amp quot The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect amp quot I receive that error for most of my other programs When I tried to run event viewer it says amp quot MMC could not create the snap-in amp quot Please help Is it possible to restore my applications without reinstalling them all Sysinfo Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc F N A WZ S CN K Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled EDIT I ran SCF again It said it detected corrupted files but when I restarted my computer I am still unable to run most of my applications Itunes also requires me to reinstall Latest Minidump also attached nbsp

A:Side-by-side configuration incorrect - application errors after System File Check

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/side-by-side-configuration-incorrect-application-errors-after-system-file-check.1003342/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an Inspiron 5545 running win10.
On opening, the right side hinge on the keyboard section pulled three screws and inserts free, cracked the plastic in the corner where the hinge is located, killed the WiFi, and caused an intermittent vertical line to appear on the screen.
The laptop has never been out of  the house, never dropped, and seldom left my lap when I was home.
It runs, but is held together with aa 1.5" black paper clamp and connects to the home network via a USB WiFi dongle from Wal-Mart..
This is my fourth or fifth laptop and the first to have the case fail.  This is a design failure in my opinion.  Boo on you, Dell.  I've bought a lot of your computers over the years because they worked and did not fall apart with normal use.  This one disappoints.
Rev. William J McVay, D.D.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981821
Relevancy 46.44%

all instructions can be found here at
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17342/upgrade-office-2003-to-2010-on-xp-or-run-them-side-by-side/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-office-2003-to-2010-on-windows-xpor-run-them-side-by-side.1007320/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I wounder if some can help me please I have an error and stopping all fucctions Side 32bit by many apps side error window's message coming up on Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions all bit application that says the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect I have done a lot of searching and found that most Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions say I have to uninstall Visual C then load an update from Microsoft That s great but the side by side error won t let me uninstall or install anything I ran sfc scannow and it found some error and did not fix others The log is below I hope Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions someone can help Code CBS log - - Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v with Core C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none ce c de cb f cbscore dll - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ef ad x fee a x fee e xff e c xff d xff db f - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ef ad x fee f x fee c aac x fee b xff e c xff d - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ef ad x fef x fef xff e xff d de xff db f - - Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Starting the TrustedInstaller main loop - - Info CBS TrustedInstaller service starts successfully - - Info CBS SQM Initializing online with Windows opt-in False - - Info CBS SQM Cleaning up report files older than days - - Info CBS SQM Requesting upload of all unsent reports - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start upload with file pattern C Windows servicing sqm std sqm flags x HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start standard sample upload HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Queued file s for upload with pattern C Windows servicing sqm all sqm flags x - - Info CBS SQM Warning Failed to upload all unsent reports HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS No startup processing required TrustedInstaller service was not set as autostart or else a reboot is still pending - - Info CBS NonStart Checking to ensure startup processing was not required - - Info CSI IAdvancedInstallerAwareStore ResolvePendingTransactions call flags progress NULL phase pdwDisposition x fc - - Info CSI Creating NT transaction seq objectname quot null quot - - Info CSI Created NT transaction seq result x handle x - - Info CSI CSI perf trace CSIPERF TXCOMMIT - - Info CBS NonStart Success startup processing not required as expected - - Info CBS Startup processing thread terminated normally - - Info CSI CSI Store x b initialized - - Error CSI F Invalid attribute name found l quot ProcessorArchiteature quot gle x - - Error CSI a F d win sp gdr base wcp identity id baseidentity cpp Error STATUS SXS INVALID IDENTITY ATTRIBUTE NAME originated in function Windows Identity Rtl Implementation CRtlIdentityBase CRtlIdentityBase Initialize expression pBAI gle x - - Error CSI b F STATUS SXS INVALID IDENTITY ATTRIBUTE NAME from Windows Identity Rtl Implementation CRtlIdentityAuthority IRtlIdentityAuthority Parse flags string l quot e ec bc cd ed bbb dd Culture neutral Version PublicKeyToken bf ad e ProcessorArchiteature amd versionScope NonSxS quot gle xd - - Error CSI c F HRESULT FROM WIN from Windows ServicingAPI CEnumCSI COMPONENT IEnumCSI COMPONENT Next gle x b - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CBS Archived backup log C Windows Logs CBS CbsPersist cab - - Info CSI f Repair results created POQ starts POQ ends - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI Manifest hash for component ml l quot amd b f cc ad c f b ba b bf ad e none c da b b quot does not match expected value Expected l b ef fbb abadf d a e d d ad b a cb cfe cf ed d Found l b ef fbb abadf d ... Read more

A:Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions

Hi scott and Welcome to Seven Forums.

Did you try to boot into safe mode? Or even better a system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284074-side-side-error-stopping-all-32bit-apps-many-windows-fucctions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

First post I am coming to you as a last side work by programs Vista x64: :( halp no configuration error, Side resort I built my own PC and installed Vista Ultimate bit OEM edition Has been working fine for years Now every time I attempt to open a program I get the error quot The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log for more detail quot The only progam that is barely working is IE bit edition Vista x64: Side by side configuration error, no programs work halp :( I cannot download or run any files Microsoft wants to speak to a technical support representative What a joke multibillion dollar company wants extra for tech support Doing a ton of research I have tried various things to remedy this with no avail System restore did not work Doing a sfc scannow in command prompt does not work it does not even run Wasted hours of my life doing a thorough checkdisk as well The error in the event log is as follows Error in manifest or policy file quot C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows c -controls resources b ccf df en-us e f f dfabb manifest quot on line Invalid Xml syntax So the problem has to do with this manifest file I really am clueless as to my next move I can not download and run anything at all Can I do a Vista repair installation with my OEM version Should I try and get my hands on a cheap upgrade version of Windows

A:Vista x64: Side by side configuration error, no programs work halp :(

Welcome
Until our Forum expert in this area, Niemiro, comes on line, maybe this will give you a lead.
side by side configuration

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287781-vista-x64-side-side-configuration-error-no-programs-work-halp.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i cant open my windows live movie maker due to Side by Side configuration error. Can anyone help me?

A:Windows Live movie Maker Side by Side configuration error

Isn't that a Win 7 app?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/297074-windows-live-movie-maker-side-side-configuration-error.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to fix my friends computer which is having several weird issues. When you login everything appears to be normal but Windows loads to a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del to task manager and I can run explorer.exe to restore the desktop. However the problem now is once your at the desktop all programs when you try to run them pop up with an application failed to run side-by-side configuration is incorrect. these problems are not apparent when the computer is ran in safe mode, but I can not figure out what to do. I checked the registry HKLM software windows nt logon and explorer.exe is the value.
Malwarebytes when ran in safe mode does not detect anything either.

A:windows logs in to a black screen, programs have side by side config

Some possibilities: this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect

Was this computer upgraded from Vista to Windows 7? If so that may be the cause. You can try doing a Repair Install of Windows 7 to see if that corrects the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224272-windows-logs-black-screen-programs-have-side-side-config.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there,

So in XP one was able to select open windows from the taskbar via holding CTRL and left clicking on each one, then right clicking and tile / arrange vertically the selected windows...

In windows 7 I cant seem to do it automatically. Yes i can do it manually with three or more windows, but i shouldnt have to.

I cant get three or more windows to tile next to each other, i can only get two windows to go side by side via the snap feature.

Any ideas on how to get three or more windows side by side semi-automatically?

Thanks for reading.

A:Window snap - How to get three or more windows arranged vertically side by side?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-snap-how-to-get-three-or-more-windows-arranged-vertically-side-by-side.899043/
Relevancy 46.01%

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

First of all, I've gotten this on at least 3 different programs. Everyone who's written about this seems to think it's related to their specific program...it's not! Secondly, what I find here in the forum on the subject tells me there has been no solution...also am unable to find any on the 'net'. I think it acts like a virus and is spreading...

What's up with this??? Does anyone know...? It has kept me from opening iTunes so I can't work with my iPad anymore. Certainly there must be someone knowledgeable enough to know what this is and what to do about it...right?:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorre.1009325/
Relevancy 46.01%

How can I open 2 excel files side by side in Office 2010?

A:How to open 2 excel files side by side in Office 2010?

See if this helps: Comparing Two Excel 2010 Worksheets Side by Side - For Dummies

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/193878-how-open-2-excel-files-side-side-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So far I have done this and it did not help:

1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All
Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run
as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a
confirmation, type the password, or click Allow/Continue.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow
(The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces
incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.)

FYI, She gets the message when trying to launch the Second Life Phoenix Viewer, however Second Lifes Viewer 2 loads without error.

I am going to perform a CHKDSK on her Lenovo as recommended in an archived thread from this forum and hopefully that will solve the issue. Can anybody think of anything else?

A:Experiencing (side by side application error). Need troubleshooting tips

What is the application error? Can you upload a snip

See How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista For More Information

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286501-experiencing-side-side-application-error-need-troubleshooting-tips.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I downloaded and installed Ubuntu and sectioned off a part of my hard drive for it. I intended to have it set up to run both windows 7 and linux together and let me choose which boot disk I wanted to use at start up. Ubuntu took over and so I read through some forums online. I can now get to the Windows 7 loading screen but it freezes there. I have my install disc and was hoping someone could assist me with getting windows 7 back. I do not care if I loose Ubuntu. I am currently sitting with the Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe from the System Recovery Options Menu with my Windows 7 Disc in the tray. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (if i can save my HD great if not I can live with that).

Tavious

A:Unable to boot Windows after installing linux to run side by side

You'll need to boot System Recovery Options to run Startup Repair repeatedly.

Make sure the Win7 partition or its 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred) is marked Active first: Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

If this fails after three separate repair attempts with reboots using DVD or Repair CD, boot free Partition Wizard bootable CD to doublecheck which partition is set Active, then click on Win7 HD to highlight it, from Disk tab select Rebuild MBR, OK, Apply, reboot.

If Win7 doesn't start, boot DVD/Repair CD to run Startup Repair 3 times again.

If these fail, change the Active flag to Win7 partition if it is on SysReserved. Try Rebuild MBR and if necessary Startup Repairs again.

Linux can corrupt Win7 beyond repair so you may need to copy out your files using Win7 disk or Paragon Rescue CD: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

Then run full Factory Recovery from its partition at boot, or using disks you've made or order, or use the Win7 Install DVD to clean reinstall following these steps: Reinstalling Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/191827-unable-boot-windows-after-installing-linux-run-side-side.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I get this message whenever i try to start ay program in the Microsoft office and with trillian. I have tried re installing office but have not had any success in getting the program to run. Is there anything i can do to get these programs running again?

error.png   152.54KB
  10 downloads

Thanks,
Ryan

A:the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

I saw that message in Office 2010 when I had it over more than one drive, program on C, files on E it went badly. ended up uninstalling an re-installing on just C:// and never had the issue again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399912/the-application-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect/
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows -bit None of my to configuration start failed - side-by-side application has is incorrect the applications or programs work not even internet explorer sending this from another computer I ran HJT and this is what I got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Users Aja Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect Search SearchAssistant R the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - DEFAULT User Startup Best Buy Software Installer lnk C Program Files Best Buy Software Installer Best Buy Software Installer exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MIF BA Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D FF C D BF dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C - br D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MIF BA Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MIF BA Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MIF BA Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C windows System alg exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C windows System msdtc exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogon - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot sys... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.1000341/
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows on Toshiba Laptop all of the recent windows updates have been installed I was having issues running the new zynga game on facebook the ville I assumed The because has failed side the application by side start configuration is Error: to that it was a resource hog and didn t like the laptop and it was possible that I didn t have the most recent installment of Adobe flash so I upgraded that as well It still wouldn t run So I decided to clean up the hard drive I used control panel to uninstall a game that the kids Error: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is no longer play because it s now obsolete I also uninstalled Quickbooks it wasn t just quickbooks it was a bunch of crapware that was installed on the laptop when we purchased it but since we don t use quickbook I figured we could get rid of it the only reason I bother stating all of this is because I believe in full disclosure You never know which action caused the issue so it s best to tell it all Sorry for the ramble I have been noticing that the machine was running slower lately so that is why I decided to de-clutter the hard drive After doing this and rebooting I found that I was unable to run Rockmelt it came up with the following Error The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace exe tool for more detail I consider myself a fair pc tech so I have been troubleshooting this for most of the day by searching it out on the internet for the most part I have been told to update the C redist I have made an attempt I downloaded said files on another machine and burned to cd and attempted to install on the machine in question however any program that I attempt to run I get the side by side error message I have been told by my machine that Internet Explorer is not installed and asked if I wanted to remove the shortcut icon Basically my computer will boot up I can log into it and it brings up windows but I cannot do anything on the machine Please assist if possible I have also used the sxstrace program and I have a parsed filed I can attach if needed Thanks so much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-the-side-by-side-configuration-is-656365.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So my issue is that when I log into my computer it will some times not all the time revert from a side by side multi monitor setup to a over under setup Like if you go into screen resolution settings I will have it set to monitor on the left and monitor on the right then when I lock the computer and then log back in it will have monitor positioned over the top of monitor I'm thinking there is possibly a default that it keeps going back to but I'm not sure where I would look for that other than the screen resolution settings Another possibility for the origin of this problem could be Microsoft User Experience Virtualization Agent which we have installed on all our computers here to synchronize the various setting we have connected to our profiles It looks like UEV might synchronize monitor layout settings and with that it could be some how defaulting on an over under set up Overall I am unsure of what to do about his Any one Monitor by to over resets side under side environment Multi setup not have any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386366-multi-monitor-environment-resets-over-under-setup-not-side-side.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So my issue is that when I log into Monitor side under over side resets environment setup not Multi to by my computer it will some times not all the time revert from a side by side multi monitor setup to a over under setup Like if you go into screen resolution settings I will have it set to monitor on Multi Monitor environment resets to over under setup not side by side the left and monitor on the right then when I Multi Monitor environment resets to over under setup not side by side lock the computer and then log back in it will have monitor positioned over the top of monitor nbsp I'm thinking there is possibly a default that it keeps going back to but I'm not sure where I would look for that other than the screen resolution settings Another possibility for the origin of this problem could be Microsoft User Experience Virtualization Agent which we have installed on all our computers here to synchronize the various setting we have connected to our profiles It looks like UEV might synchronize monitor layout settings and with that it could be some how defaulting on an over under set up Overall I am unsure of what to do about his nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4290bed6-9fe9-4bad-bdd1-90bcb1179fa8/multi-monitor-environment-resets-to-over-under-setup-not-side-by-side?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey Bunch of etc. errors - version configuration, by compatibility, side side Guys I have a problem Last night i was up all night using Bunch of errors - side by side configuration, version compatibility, etc. my pc I had quite a few tabs open using chrome and every once in a while the cpu had a lot Bunch of errors - side by side configuration, version compatibility, etc. of Work to do so the pc would respond more slow During one of these slows something different happened Quite a lot of icons just turned into one of the old school Windows icons most if not all of them being exe files I wanted to fix all of this so I used Bullguard and after that i wanted to use CCleaner CCleaner didn't Work Neither did the other programs They gave me an error in the lines of This version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x -bit or x -bit verion of the program Also whenever i shut down my computer or boot it up an error pops up from LogonUI exe Error C program files common files microsoft shared windows live wlidcredprov dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error I figured out how to fix this part I simply installed Windows Live Essentials And when I open Google Chrome it just gives me another error It says that the side by side configuration is incorrect I tried uninstalling MyWinlocker but it is still running in the system tray I tried looking for a process called mwl exe but I can't find it Also whenever the computer boots up I am also greeted with a certain window It's the window that asks what program i want to use for opening a certain file The file is called Andreas and my user profile is called Andreas Gade so I think my user profile might be corrupted Thanks in advance Andreas

A:Bunch of errors - side by side configuration, version compatibility, etc.

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and choose Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.  Please notice the space between sfc and the /scannow.

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

To find sfc /scannow log, type cmd in the Search programs and files box. 

cmd will appear above the search box under Apps., right click on it and choose Run as administrator, this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.  This will look simlar to the image above.

Copy and paste the following in the Elevated Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to open the log, copy the log and paste it in your topic. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575574/bunch-of-errors-side-by-side-configuration-version-compatibility-etc/
Relevancy 46.01%

On quite a few different programs i m getting the error message quot The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace exe tool for more detail quot I ve read so many forums online where people have had a similar issue but nothing has been helpful The most common suggestion is related to VisualC but when i installed it I multiple is error incorrect programs? on side-by-side configuration got side-by-side configuration is incorrect error on multiple programs? the same error I tried running it without saving then I saved it and tried running it again the same error I ve opened the event viewer theres quite a few sidebyside error messages but I dont side-by-side configuration is incorrect error on multiple programs? know what to do with any of that information The first side by side error is this one Microsoft Windows Common-Controls language quot amp x a quot processorArchitecture quot X quot publicKeyToken quot b ccf df quot type quot win quot version quot quot C Program Files x Microsoft Silverlight Silverlight Configuration exe I havn t a clue how it started my computer was fine yesterday I opened it today to these errors I tried rebooting but it didnt help If any more information is needed I ll provide what I can Thanks

A:side-by-side configuration is incorrect error on multiple programs?

Follow the instructions here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 to install VisualC++

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338101/side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect-error-on-multiple-programs/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have extensively searched these forums for a solution to my problem but can't find it I have found some similar problems but none exactly the same here is what happened I have a Windows computer running just fine I pulled the hard drive out of my old computer and had installed it in the new one and it seems fine I can access both drives and i all my files are there The problem i am having is that i can't open any files Installed 2nd configuration incorrect drive....side-by-side hard from my old hard drive if the program they need to open is also on that old hard drive For example my old Installed 2nd hard drive....side-by-side configuration incorrect hard drive has AutoCAD on it my new hard drive doesn't When i click on AutoCad i get the annoying quot The application Installed 2nd hard drive....side-by-side configuration incorrect has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect quot message This happens with lots of programs not just AutoCAD I have MS Office on the old hard drive but when I try to open a word or excel file it won't open It's like the computer is trying to open files from my old hard drive with applications that are on my new drive This is a problem because i cant afford to buy copies of autoCAD and copies of MS Office and copies of every program i have I feel like there is a simple fix for this but i can't figure this one out Thank you for help

A:Installed 2nd hard drive....side-by-side configuration incorrect

Hi welcome to the forum.

to my knowledge you will need to reinstall the programs as you cant use programs that are installed on the hard drive from another computer as it will have writen registry items when the program was installed.

i'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358307-installed-2nd-hard-drive-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Vista. When someone sends me an Adobe document I can't open it. The error message says that my side by side configuration is inaccurate. If I save the document to my desktop, I can then open Adobe and open it from there but it is a hassle. Why can't I just open the document from the source?

A:Adobe Reader - side by side configuration is inaccurate error

Latest version of Acrobat? Tried uninstalling and re-installing to see if it fixes it?

Didn't do something silly like use a duplicate file utility or remove things from the WinSxS folder?

Better option, use Foxit instead,

Foxit Software - Foxit Reader for Windows

http://www.vistax64.com/software/222633-adobe-reader-side-side-configuration-inaccurate-error.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me, I was referred to this forum by nasdaq in the malware removal forum to help with some residual problems I've been having with my hp notebook (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498613/infected-with-virus-appplicunwntwin32adwareibryteh289567536/
).

The following error is popping up when I try to open certain programs on my computer: "The application failed to load because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I am able to access the sxstrace.exe tool but when I try to get the trace to run, I get an error message- "Access is denied" (see above post for screenshots, etc.).  At first I just noticed this happening with my Kindle for PC, but has now graduated to my Dropbox as well.

Any advice on what to do next?

A:Error Msg: This application failed to start because its side-by-side configurati

I am currently trying the steps listed here-

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/this-application-failed-to-start-because-side-by/7673bf12-87c2-48ca-b5ae-b8aa85e295dc 

and will advise.

Also- I realize the sxstrace.exe tool may not have worked because I didn't access the cmd prompt in administrator mode which gives me a different prompt: Windows\system32.

Will try that as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499830/error-msg-this-application-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configurati/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok so I am going to go straight into the good stuff Essentially I launch Dragon Age and get an error about side by side configuration I have already done an enormous amount of research on this subject and have found that the problem is usually attributed to the C Redistributable from Microsoft I tried to remedy this problem different ways manually working from a system restore point where Dragon Age Configuration Error 'easy' Side by fixes several Side (Attempted already) amp Bioshock did not work but Mass Effect Call of Duty MW and the Original Bioshock were still fully functional this system restore point had the Microsoft C Redistributable installed and Side by Side Configuration Error (Attempted several 'easy' fixes already) again the games I listed in parenthesis were working fine I first uninstalled the Redistributable and downloaded and installed the Redistributable restarted the computer even though it did not prompt me and ran into a massive error Essentially this install made every game unplayable all of those I listed above Next I uninstalled the Redistributable and reinstalled the without a restart and tried to launch every game listed above Of course I was back to square one with Dragon Age and Bioshock still giving me the side by side configuration error Lastly I tried launching each game through the program depends exe using the exe to see exactly which dependencies each game required Of course both Dragon Age and Bioshock gave me the side by side configuration telling me that a MSVCP dll file could not be found within my system A quick google search later let me know that this file was part of the C Redistributable package My drivers directX etc are all up to date I fixed these first and I m so frustrated right now as I am bouncing back between somewhat working and completely broken If any fix could be thrown out there that d be greatly appreciated and I will be checking back very often to try to work with you guys My question is simply Is there some type of conflict of compatibility between and or is there some way to have both installed on the computer at once I am running Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:Side by Side Configuration Error (Attempted several 'easy' fixes already)

This error is by no means fixed, however I thought that I would post in some detailed error information from my event viewer (please read the first post, however, as my problem is unique):

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files\2k games\bioshock 2\sp\builds\binaries\BIOSHOCK2.EXE". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/side-by-side-configuration-error-attempted-several-easy-fixes-already.905945/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just came home from work and there was a power failiure while I was working. I turned my computer back on and went to open Google Chrome, but this message appeared...

"The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

I have no clue what this means or what to do. I'm using safari at the moment and went on google and all the instructions look really confusing. I know VERY little about computers and the terms and what not. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Help! Cant Open Google Chrome. Side by Side Configuration Is Incorrect.

If this "repair" does not work I would try a restore point if you have a recent one.

Message: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. | Chief Architect Knowledge Base

Basically for Vista it is open Programs and Features from Control Panel, scroll to chrome and click Repair.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/302603-help-cant-open-google-chrome-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My friends computer is displaying the message: "the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. please see the application log for more detail.", when trying to open Microsoft office and Windows live messenger.

Obviously the programs do not open.
How do we solve this?

Thanks, Joe.

A:the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorre

I have seen this before. Do you have AVG installed? AVG and the C++ redistributable seem to conflict. Uninstalling and reinstalling both fixed it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorre-560333.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Richard,

I've run a scan and the result appears encouraging:

"Windows Resource Protection" did not find any integrity violations."

Attached is a copy of the results: sfcdetailsFrancaBB.txt

I'm moving on to the sxstrace ... according to Lorien's directions.

George

A:Side-by-side configuration error after Quicken 2010 upgrade

Hello George!

Well done on creating a new thread. Thanks for that!

Well, nothing wrong in the SFC log. That has got to be good - as long as we get a lead from one of the other logs!

Thanks for continuing on. I am afraid that I can do nothing until I get those other logs, as that SFC logs showed nothing wrong.

Again, thank you, and the very best of luck!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/287466-side-side-configuration-error-after-quicken-2010-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I sometimes find that some pictures look more or less the same & like to compare them side by side to see which I like best.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/239704-can-i-set-windows-photo-gallery-display-2-more-photos-side-side.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My vista home premium was running perfectly until June after a recommended download from the Microsoft update site Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile for Windows Vista x KB At first I couldn t even get on the internet at all Local only network Called my ISP verified it was not their hardware or my computer Called Microsoft they at least got me back to the internet Now when I go to open programs that worked perfectly well before I get start by side because incorrect.. has configuration its side to Application is failed this message quot The application has failed to start because Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. it side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log for more detail quot A few programs still open most do not The ones that don Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. t all come up with Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. this same msg These are the ones that don t open Adobe Photoshop Elements exe zoombrower Ex exe a canon photo editing program c Program Files Microsoft Works WksWP exe quot quot quot WksCal exe quot quot quot wksdb exe quot quot quot WksSb exe quot quot quot wksss exe Norton Security Program c Program Files Norton Engine uiStub exe Quicken WillMaker Plus c Program Files Quicken WillMaker Plus qwp exe Windows Live c Program Files Windows Live Mail wlmail exe quot quot quot Photo Gallery MovieMaker exe quot quot quot Photo Gallery WLXPhotogallery exe There are others but I think they don t open because the system restore program cannot complete a system restore and my shortcuts and program paths have been shuffled due to the incompleted system restore attempt This one really stands out as an important one to be looked at ehshell exe- net Framework Initialization Error quot C Windows Microsoft net Framework V could not be loaded Am I misguided in hoping that if I quot fix quot this ehshell command program everything else may fall into place I am dreadfully afraid of attempting anything with the registry as I am a complete novice but am willing to give it a try if someone has the patience to guide me Please if anyone can help I can t really go out on the internet too far or too wide as my Norton Anti-virus program is not working My surfing for help with this is limited to sites that quot seem quot trustworthy and that s not many now a days nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.932612/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello and thank you in advance for your to open configuration when Side-by-side trying incorrect excel & word help I am in desperate need To be honest I m not entirely sure when this problem started as I haven t been on much the last week or so but I ve tried all the trouble shooting I could find but still cannot manage to fix this problem When I try to open Word or Excel I get an error message quot The application has failed to start because Side-by-side configuration incorrect when trying to open excel & word its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace exe tool for more detail quot Not totally sure what that means but I have ran an administrative command prompt of sfc scannow and all my bad Side-by-side configuration incorrect when trying to open excel & word files are fixed at least that s what it tells me when I try to run it again I also read tips where it tells you to go to the Event Viewer to get more details on the side-by-side problem Well this seems to be having a problem too I get an error message saying quot MMC could not create the snap-in The snap-in might not have been installed correctly Name Event Viewer CLSID FX b ad-fe c- -be - cbb cb quot I did just get rid of the Scour redirect virus and I m sure this was happening while I had that not sure if it s related but when I scan and am doing another just to check I come up clean Thanks again for your help

A:Side-by-side configuration incorrect when trying to open excel & word

Well...have you tried uninstalling the MS Office suite...and then reinstalling?

It could have become damaged. Uninstalling/reinstalling, then updating it would take care of that possibiliity.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411735/side-by-side-configuration-incorrect-when-trying-to-open-excel-word/
Relevancy 46.01%

I can't install or uninstall any software.
Most of the installed software are not working.
The default windows apps are working and few of the installed games are working (Witcher 3 - don't know how) .
Tried to reinstall Visual C++ Redistro but not working as none of exe files are opening with side by side config issue.

A:Side by side configuration issue since Windows 10 Update on 09 Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I can't install or uninstall any software.
Most of the installed software are not working.
The default windows apps are working and few of the installed games are working (Witcher 3 - don't know how) .
Tried to reinstall Visual C++ Redistro but not working as none of exe files are opening with side by side config issue. can you perform a sfc scan?
And check that there aren't any pending OS updates and app updates
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438113-side-side-configuration-issue-since-windows-10-update-09-aug-2016-a.html