Windows Support Forum

Solved: Volume icon on taskbar

Q: Solved: Volume icon on taskbar

Hi, hopefully this is an easy/dumb question. My speaker icon disappeared off of my taskbar. Is ther an easy way to get it back? Only other way I know to adjust the volume is to go to control panel which is a pain. Thanks for any help you can give.
Steve

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Volume icon on taskbar

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Volume icon on taskbar

Steve, Go into your Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices and under the Volume tab checkmark "Place volume icon in taskbar" click Apply/OK. If it is checkmarked uncheck it click Apply/OK then go back and checkmark it, click Apply/OK.

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-volume-icon-on-taskbar.746385/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all!
C drive on my computer is almost full, I keep receiving notifications regarding no or less space in C drive. I have Partitioned my hard disk into 3 parts.
C drive is only 25 GB :/
D drive is 80 GB
E is close to 150 GB

I would like to increase my C drive space from 25 GB to 100 GB cutting E drive down . I am unable to do so through disk management. The option Extend Volume is grayed out. Please suggest an alternate way to increase the volume of my C drive. The OS I have is Windows 7 ultimate!!
Thank you in advance.

A:How to increase volume on C drive

0. Make sure you have everything you can't afford to lose backed up.
1. Get Easeus Partition Master (the free one for home use)
2. Shrink E
3. Expand D
4. Shrink D
5. Expand C

Partition Master may let you just shrink E and expand C, but if you have a traditional partition layout the steps I listed will have to occur (even if PM hides the middle ones).

Personally, I would do 1 step at a time and reboot between each. This way if something goes wrong your chances of recovering are much greater.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-volume-on-c-drive.200779/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi , since I reinstalled windows 7, am not seeing the wifi icon anymore , all I see is the ethernet icon with a red cross , even though am connected to a wifi, here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/2fpmcu , I've tried a lot of tips ,posted in alot of forums , but none helped , I have the network icon enabled on the Notification Area Icons , but still doesnt work, I hope u'll give me a solution here , am already tired of this thing , annoying .
Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-icon-not-showing.199011/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptop that is a couple of years old. I recently had my Norton protection end and I turned on the Windows Defender, but my computer has been running really slow and acting up. I have been getting a S.M.A.R.T. hard drive error when my computer starts as well. I tried restoring my computer to an earlier setting, but that didn't work. I don't know what to do, and I really could use some help. When I ran an error check on the c hard drive this is what it said: WDC WD32 00BEVT-26A23T0 SATA Disk Device volume: c/. So please if anyone can help me fix this problem or how to fix it that would be great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wdc-wd32-00bevt-26a23t0-sata-disk-device-volume-c.194628/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi.

Some how my Enter Key has started to mute and unmute the master volume.
Doesn't mater when I press the button. While playing a game or even using excel, every time I press enter volume mutes and the when I press enter again it unmutes.

I use Windows 7 ultimate bit64

Solutions please

A:Pressing Enter Key Mutes & Unmutes Master Volume

Hi Ronnie09,

The Enter key normally does not regulate volume control on most computers. What is the system model of your computer?

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell
For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pressing-enter-key-mutes-unmutes-master-volume.193160/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Everyone As you can see by the title I m having a few strange issues At random points during the day my mouse moves and sometimes right clicks system volume mutes itself and turns itself down and lastly the DVD drive randomly opens them immediately closes a couple times a day First thought was quot Someone is playing a prank on me quot because it s my work computer and has various shadowing remote control tools on it like UltraVNC and Teamviewer however stopping these services did nothing Then I thought it might be a virus or hacking tool system runs Sophos anti-virus and the computer is behind a pretty powerful corporate firewall nonetheless I ran MalwareBytes HijackThis and Spybot Search amp Destroy and they found nothing I ve also tried replacing the mouse and keyboard just in case but still nothing Is anyone able to help shed some light on DVD Opening Mousing Volume By Themselves Muting and Moving, Drive these issues Not particularly keen to reformat my work machine and put myself out of action for a few hours Cheers David nbsp

A:Mousing Moving, Volume Muting and DVD Drive Opening By Themselves

Any updates on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mousing-moving-volume-muting-and-dvd-drive-opening-by-themselves.191698/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I've had a problem with my speakers for a while. They will just stop working if I skip forward a few songs on iTunes. They also stop working when I skip forward in time in a song in iTunes, or when I skip forward in time on youtube videos.

Disabling and enabling the speakers in playback devices usually fixes this problem. Restarting my computer always fixes the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Volume Stops Working When Using Audio/Video Media

Can you tell me what is under the "Sound, video and game controllers" tab in device manager like this:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-stops-working-when-using-audio-video-media.191962/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have sold my computer yesterday and told the person to contact me if there are any issues. She did.
Apparently she is having issues that her microphone volume, both the one with webcam and the headphones, is too low. She said that she checked the settings in the audio control panel and everything was fine there.
I know it isn't a hardware issue because I did not have the same issue in either Windows 7 or Windows 8 on that computer. Before I gave the PC to her I did do a clean install of Windows 8.
I told her to install the Realtek drivers to see if that would fix the issue, but I am wondering if anyone else had that issue and what they'd done to fix it.

It's a built-in audio chipset Realtek ALC 887 on an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 with Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

A:Microphone volume is too low

Tell her to run these:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioRecording/
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioPlayback/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-volume-is-too-low.190926/
Relevancy 25.8%

Symptom When gaming with my buddies they are always complaining that my mic is way to low What I have Creative HS- Headset Plug and Play USB How I have set up so that voice chat comes through my ears and everything else goes through the speakers I use a program called Trillian with a Skype add-on What I tried Turning the mic volume up to the max in Trillian Turning the mic volume up to the max in the properties of the device Sound-Recording-Microphone Turning headset HS-720 problem) (mic Creative volume Automatic Gain Control off and putting everything up Turning AGC on Turned Listening off Switched to dvd quality Switched to cd quality Allow applications to take control skype in this case Googled for drivers but no luck at all Tried pushing it closer to my face then my friends complain of breathing noises which is quiet Additional Information I am running Windows bit Pro I have BT Infinity Internet Mbps Down Mbps Up The headset is plugged into a standard USB slot I have had Creative HS-720 headset (mic volume problem) this problem since I had the mic but never got around to trying to fix it until now Question How can I amplify my mic s volume for better use nbsp

A:Creative HS-720 headset (mic volume problem)

Bump

Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-hs-720-headset-mic-volume-problem.189741/
Relevancy 25.8%

My problem is I cant open the drive. But in My Computer window, it did display the drive but I cant do anything. Windows prompt me to format the disk which I already did but I got this popup "cannot open volume for direct access".

These are the solutions that I tried but failed:-

Use TestDisk but it doesnt even detect the drive.
Disk Management also didnt detect the drive.
Already used Command Prompt to repair the disk. It display this "Cannot open volume for direct access" which I run it as admin.

Here I provide a screenshot for reference.

A:Cannot open volume for direct access

Hmm; that's the primary partition with Windows on it - - can never format or partition the C:\ while booted from it

WHY are you attempting this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-volume-for-direct-access.189735/
Relevancy 25.8%

Well here is the thing, I have bought JVC HA-M5X before let's say 1 month, so I have tested them on iPod and on another Machine but when I plug them in my PC they seem awfully low. They are 2 or 3 times louder on iPod or the another PC I have tried, they sound like I've plugged em in my phone. Here is a video and I'm sorry for my poor quality.

A:Windows 7 headphones volume problem

I have same problem.. with razer tiamat 2.2 and xonar dsx... very low output volume... I have tried many things to resolve but nothing has worked very well although I have seen best results using 16 bit, 44k to 48k sample rate, and I couldnt see in vid but if you have a digital output in playback tab leave it enabled and unmuted with speakers..., and in recording tab only have microphone and stereo mix enabled, disable the rest. also under communications tab change it to 'do nothing' option... I have found the front panel jack outputs much louder volume but doing that I dont beleive it takes advantage of the op amp in my xonar dsx sound card ... im still searching for a complete fix for this problem though.. hope this helps a bit atleast

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-headphones-volume-problem.187009/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 25.37%

when i plug in my memory stick and do a search on it it say please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click ok whats gone wrong please

A:Memory stick -- insert last disk of multi-volume set?

it could be that the zip file is part of a lot more files. they are usually broken up into smaller parts to upload, and you need all of them to decompress the file.

or the file didnt completly transfer onto the USB drive, or has become currupted/damaged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-insert-last-disk-of-multi-volume-set.180363/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,I browsed trough hundreds of threads and I still haven't fixed my problem.
Which is mainly this - my mic is too low on volume (I use headphones).
If I install Realtek AC97 Audio Driver 4.06 the mic works fine,but then sound comes from the speakers AND the headphones as well.If I install the HD driver - then the same old low volume.
Don't tell me to go to control panel - sound and audio etc - Volume options enable mic etc etc - Did that thousands of times.
I also re-installed all AC'97 codecs and ALL of auido drivers.
I just can't seem to increase the volume.No mic boost thing works,no calibration in MicCal works.Nothing works.
Here is my dx diag
mediafire[dot]com/?47jvbrb946aamq4
can someone please tell what is wrong.

A:Microphone volume is low with Realtek HD audio

did you try going to the control panel>>>sound and audio>>>Volume options enable mic etc etc?

What OS are you using? If Win 7, Try right-clicking the speaker in the bottom-right notification area and open volume mixer to adjust your output levels.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-volume-is-low-with-realtek-hd-audio.179500/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

A:Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi - i was just playing music on my dell latitude e4300 via bluetooth to a belkin bluetooth receiver connected to stereo.

somehow the connection got dropped - during a phone call on a land line. may be irrelevant.

now, i cannot get bluetooth connection back. there is no bluetooth icon in the system tray.

i cannot find 'bluetooth' devices in start>control panel> devices
--i have 2, and both ought to be there.

i unplugged bluetooth receiver, and had win 7 search for devices to add - no luck.

sure, i can reboot, and everything will probably come back.
but i am hoping for a better answer. i don't want to have to reboot every time the bluetooth connection gets lost.

i searched the web for a little, but only found unrelated posts, or posts with no answer. THANKS!

A:Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

bluetooth light/icon on laptop, not screen is on; no bt

ok, i rebooted, thinking the bluetooth icon would again be in system tray, with the red in the middle, showing i have bluetooth capability, but that sound is not currently being directed to bluetooth.

no icon.

the dell laptop does have bluetooth icon illuminated on the laptop, just above the function keys - not on the screen at all / not in sys tray.

the bluetooth receiver is on, is working.

'add a device' is not finding this bt thingie.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-connection-lost-icon-gone-from-system-tray-not-in-device-manager.175310/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have just bought a Acer laptop. The model, as it says on my laptop, Aspire 4752-6838.

The problem is that my fn hotkeys do not work for raising and lowering the volume or muting or playing. That would be fn + up, fn + down, and fn + f8, respectively.

Interestingly enough, my fn hotkeys work for other functions like num lock, brightness. Im not sure about my other fn keys working, but i dont have a need for them, so i dont care. However i really want to use my fn hotkeys for volume control.

Is there any way to enable this? Or does any one know where this problem arises and a solution?

BTW i read the manual and it doesn't help me with my problem. I also tried searching google and found no help either. If anyone knows where else i can look, that would help too.

A:My fn hotkeys do not work for volume control

Take it back to where you bought it and have them take a look. It could be a faulty keyboard. What version of Windows are you running? Have you run Windows update till no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-fn-hotkeys-do-not-work-for-volume-control.175048/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I searched the internet using google and came across a post from on this forum which discussed the problem I am having although it didn t seem to have a conclusion the assistance given was very good I have a fujitsu-siemens scaleo unrecoverable Windows problems to volume appears XP The more or contain one t desktop which from the posts I have read seems like my hard drive is on it s last legs Which is ok because I recently bought a seagate external hard drive so that I could backup and copy all the files from my pc which I had been using mainly for storage as I have a laptop I had an idea that as the make of the pc is not all that good I may start to have problems and was trying to pre-empt unfortunately it seems the pc has beaten me to it and started to die before I could get all the files off the hard drive onto the seagate I got to m in the folders and am really desperate to recover the rest of the files especially one of photos Sorry to be so long winded but thought the more information I can give to my situation the better it is I have rebooted from the cd and the The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP windows xp disk which did not complete I have done a chkdsk r whcih came up with this message I rebooted with the windows disk in and started the process again and got the message the following list shows the exiasting partitions etc etc Unknow Disk there is no disk in this drive Options given ENTER Install D Delete Partition F Quit I haven t gone any further as I didn t want to possibly jeopardise retriving my files What can I do All help greatly The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP

If it is within your budget, buy an external hard drive enclosure which operates with a USB or Firewire cable (depending on what you can use). They are available at many online stores such as Directron, NewEgg, Frys, and on eBay...
Do NOTHING more with your computer. Remove the hard drive now. When you get the external enclosure, insert your failing hard drive, then plug the "enclosed" hard drive into your new or restored computer, where you often locate the needed files and folders and drag them across,. This does not work everytime, but most of the time, the hard drive will not boot because of damage to the outer edge of the disks, but you can still see the data on the drive when it is on a USB connection.
Once you find you can access the old hard drive via a USB connection, do NOT turn it off or disconnect until you have rescued and verified all the data and images.
You may find that it works slowly and takes a lot of time, but it is surprising how often this will work to rescue stuff that is important to you.
If an external enlosure is not available to you, you may be able to insert the drive into another coputer as a slave, with changes to the jumper, and find them that way.
This works because the old drive no longer has to boot. It is not fool proof, but the only other method is to have a rescue company recover the data... it usually costs a lot of money... starting at $55 to test, and as much as $500 to retrieve the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-volume-appears-to-contain-one-or-more-unrecoverable-problems-windows-xp.174242/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey all! Ive been having this crazy issue that if I put my master volume over 50% it starts making this high pitch squelching noise and it only goes away if you mute it. Im using a Creative SB X-FI sound card but thats not the issue. Ive replaced it with 2 totally different sound cards with the same result. Went in and completely removed all drivers and reinstalled with the most up to date drivers with the same result. Ive even placed the different cards in different slots on the board. I dont understand. Plus to make issues worse my mic doesnt want to work either. Maybe there is a conflict on my board or something? Im at a loss. Help!!

A:Sound is distorted when over 50% volume

Time to remove the software, then use something like RegEdit to take off all remnants of the old install, and THEN reinstall the drivers... that will tell you if the issue is elsewhere requiring a reinstall of Windows... or a Repair install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-distorted-when-over-50-volume.174192/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an Acer aspire one netbook and I've heard about some keyboard problems. My volume function isnt working at all. All the other function keys work except for the volume control (up and down arrow). They work when scrolling etc. They only DONT work when I have the function key pressed as well. Help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-function-key-problem-only-volume-function-not-working.172884/
Relevancy 25.8%

On my Windows computer I think I have a block on adding new storage devices As if i plug in a usb hard drive I get a Yellow ! point under Storage Devices as well if I add a new sata HDD internally.
Any Ideas
Thanks for any help.

A:Generic volume yellow problem

What is this computers make and model? What version of Windows is it running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/generic-volume-yellow-problem.172289/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

On my new laptop I have no mic level (Conexant SmartAudio HD) so I cannot listen to the mic back, any ideas

Thanks

A:No mic volume

Laptops normally have 2 mic devices, one being the one built into the laptop, and another for external mics going into the mic port on the side of the laptop. You need to make sure you've set the correct one to be your default mic. If you're using an external mic, it's quite common for the mic device to be invisible in many menus when the mic isn't plugged into the mic port, but if the mic is plugged in, are you sure the device itself is enabled?

The screenshot you provided is the properties of a playback device, you need to find your recording device and go to properties on that to find the mic level

Right click your speaker cone bottom right near the clock on your task bar, then click recording devices, here you'll be able to see whats going on. If your mic device is disabled, right click and go to enable. Check your volume level in properties, and if you're still having trouble, get back to me providing more screenshots if you can

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mic-volume.170934/
Relevancy 23.65%

So, my mom brought home this computer and I started it up, and it was brand new, like, operating system still not installed. So, I popped in the cd that was in a case that came with it [everything matching the system settings, etc.] and installed the operating system. So, I'm thinking: Huh, what luck! ...Wrong. I plugged in the Ethernet chord to connect it to the internet, and it's not even pulling up an LAN Icon. So, I go into Device Managers, and the Network Adapter is missing. So, I'm lost. Any of you smart people got any advice?

A:Ethernet plugged in, but LAN icon missing?

After you installed the operating system, did you install all of the drivers including the LAN driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-plugged-in-but-lan-icon-missing.170149/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Windows XP Dell pc runs M-Powered ProTools with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card installed. The card's analog outputs drive my pair of nearfields. But I would like to have wireless volume and mute control. Can someone recommend one or more wireless remote models?

A:Wireless volume/mute remote for Windows XP

Does your computer have an infrared port? It's a small red plastic square usually located in the rear...
Infrared Remote

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-volume-mute-remote-for-windows-xp.165136/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi all this is a update to my other post. i now realised what was causing the screeching sound. having levels on my monitor up causes noise from the computer to be heared. before i upgraded having the monitors on 0% would be silent and turning up would not give of noises. now having them at 0% music plays with no noises and can be controled in windows but wont reach loud levels because of the speakers being at -30db. im guessing there is a setting somewhere that can be altered to lower the system volume so i can just turn up the monitors themselvs?

i am using realtek hd audio on a gigabyte x58 usb3 and vista 32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-playing-sound-at-0-volume-turning-up-causing-interference.163276/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop, and for some reason the left volume is roughly 50% louder than the right.. so i have to adjust balance to get them to sound even, but doing that the total volume goes down and i want it on full volume! anyone know a fix for this? after googling i see there seems to be quite a few people with this problem who have a dell laptop...
also "I think" the problem is only there when the headphones are plugged in, not through the laptop speakers...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1555-volume-problem.162219/
Relevancy 20.64%

When I boot up my computer the USB "remove hardware" icon loads in the tray, even though there isn't a devise plug in the USB port. I'm usually able to get rid of the USB icon by going thru the procedure as if there was something plugged in.
I believe this started months ago when I was having problems with a MP3 player.
The USB port still works fine, as I use it for my camera and memory stick all the time.
Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?
Thanks for your help.

A:USB "Remove Hardware Icon" loads when I boot up

What happends when you click the remove hardware icon? Does it bring up any devices at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-remove-hardware-icon-loads-when-i-boot-up.161540/
Relevancy 26.66%

A laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I adjust the volume with the taskbar slider, and even using the mixer to turn system volume to 100, it's never loud enough. Certain games are barely audible without headphones. It's never done this before.

A:Volume not loud enough

Did the sound output suddenly drop?

Have you tried this:

Go to Control Panel and select Sound. In the Sound box under playback check that speakers are set as the default device. Double left click on Speakers and then click on the Levels tab and check the position of the volume control, there may be room to increase it, just click on the volume control and drag it to a higher setting. Click on OK then OK again. Play something and see if it is any better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-not-loud-enough.160757/
Relevancy 21.5%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone. After much googling and my own attempts, I'm still having difficulties with my mic. It works some of the time, and when it does it's super quiet although I have all the volume controls all the way up.

I own an Asus Eee Pc 1001p. It has Windows 7 Starter, Intel 82801 PCI Bridge 2448, and also the lovely Realtek HD software crap that seems awful from what I've read. The mic is built into the laptop.

I've turned up the volume, checked to make sure boost was on in just about every place: windows controls, skype controls, and realtek controls. The mic will work sometimes, but like I said it's pretty quiet when it does. And sometimes it doesn't even work at all.

Thank you for reading

A:Mic not working after checking all kinds of volume controls

Do you mean when you speak into the mike the sound that comes out is quiet, this sounds to me like it could be a sound card problem have a look in the device manager to see if there are problems devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mic-not-working-after-checking-all-kinds-of-volume-controls.159405/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 23.22%

So I'm typing this post right now on the afflicted computer, so it is obvious that I have internet access. Likewise, Network and Sharing Center shows an active connection.

Yet, the tray icon, it shows that I am not connected to any networks. This might be because of a disconnected network that I THINK showed up after installing software for my bluetooth (NSC said it was in use...), and like an ***** I decided to merge it with my main network profile thinking the false notification would go away. Is there any way to completely reset the network location list, so I can essentially start from scratch for locations?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-annoyance-with-network-and-sharing-tray-icon.158583/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 24.08%

After formatting mu computer my CDROM does not show up in My computer or on desktop. However it is working properly and shows up in the BIOS. There's no "!" or "?" in Device Manager and its there.

However in all the fixes that take me to the bit about lower and upper filter values, they do not appear in the line they are supposed to.

I run XP. I also tried that applicacion called dvdunhide and nothing happened.
Please help!

A:My CDROM icon is missing

1.) Did you install the drivers for your CD drive?
2.) Does it auto-play anything when you put a disk in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cdrom-icon-is-missing.153203/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a laptop with Windows Vista Premium on it One day when I went to turn it on I didn t load and instead took me to some sort of recovery console mode system volume Corrupt where I ran a repair utility Then I was able to boot into Vista but when I logged into my account it wasn t Corrupt system volume the same it said something about a quot temporary account quot I ran check disk and it said something about a corrupt system volume and check disk keeps hanging at The laptop is running very slow and the hardware makes strange noises Sometimes a very unpleasant scratching noise is made that lasts a few seconds When I login to my account I type in my password but all of my short cuts and settings are different but if I navigate through C I can find files I have saved on the desktop of my quot normal account quot When I bought the laptop it came with a recovery Corrupt system volume partition Also I backed everything up to an external hard disk using Norton Ghost Also I ve got the Windows Vista recovery disc What is the best course of action nbsp

A:Corrupt system volume

How old is your hard drive. This can happen when there are failure sites on the hard drive.
Usually, you can cold boot to the VISTA cd, then run a new install in Repair mode (not restore mode), and everything gets patched up... but the problem will happen again if the hard drive is going bad.

Or you could save all data, and try to run the VISTA recovery partition...

You can take out the drive to examine it for date... or you can run a download of Belarc Advisor that will give you an inventory of everything in the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-system-volume.149667/
Relevancy 24.51%

i was on my laptop last night trying to get rid of av security suite it's a virus that blocks helpful things on your computer and tries to get you to buy it's product, i was on firefox and it said "this program seems to be unresponsive, end program?" and i clicked yes then my computer restarted and there was nothing but the wall paper on it and i can't get task manager up because the AV security suite is blocking it, anyone have a solution?

A:Laptop goes blank no taskbar no icons

Where we see this most frequently is in peculiar hard drive failures...
Did it work normally when you rebooted in <SAFE MODE>?
In <SAFE MODE> you should be able to remove AV, then see if it will boot normally, then defragment, and scan your system with a variety of antispyware and antivirus downloads.
You can always reinstall AV later.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-goes-blank-no-taskbar-no-icons.148931/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have been trying to format and make bootable a 4GB flash drive to use to flash my bios but everytime I try to format the drive it tells me that I have a bad volume name. Can anyone please explain what is a volume name and how to apply the correct volume name to a device being formatted?

A:What is volume label and how to find the correct volume label?

Are you trying to Format the drive to FAT32?
What Brand of drive Lenovo or was it a pass out type?
While you're planning uses for the pen drive try Ubuntu 9.01 flash drive Bootable O/S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-volume-label-and-how-to-find-the-correct-volume-label.148598/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi! I have a Toshiba T135 and I'm having a very dificult time with the sound system. THe speakers are set at the highest possible volume allowed but I still have trouble listening. THe sound comes out awfly low!
Does anyone know how to increase the volume or if I need to reconfigure something?
Thanks!

A:Low volume on Toshiba T135

Do you have a volume adjust knob on the side or front of the laptop? Have you tried using a set of earphones?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-volume-on-toshiba-t135.146518/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm looking for a simple software program that would allow me to boost the volume on my laptop.Something that would run in the background and could be easily switched on or off. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

A:Need more Volume on my HP laptop

Go out and buy a cheap pair of powered external PC speakers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-more-volume-on-my-hp-laptop.146020/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I hope I m not reposting but as of yet I can t find any solution to either of my problems Firstly I recently got faster internet installed and replaced my router with and 20Mbps Internet 50Mbps icon trouble to limited persistent one that could utilise the faster 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble bandwidth The router is supposed to be capable of enabling up to Mbps whilst my wireless card 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble is supposed to receive up to Mbps The speed of my internet provided is Mbps which is the speed that I get when I connect to the router via ethernet but when I am in the same room with my laptop I only get Mbps tested using speedtest net Help pleaseee Also after tinkering a little my wireless icon in the bottom right corner has permanently become the logo that is attached i e the icon that pops up in windows when the ethernet connection is disabled not working Everything seems to work fine though so it s not a major issue but it s just really 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble annoying I keep thinking something is wrong and every time my internet cuts out I never know Anyway thanks in advance nbsp

A:50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

it could be a problem with your wireless card....u mention, does it work well via ethernet? if yes then u cant blame anything but your wireless card OR the wireless radio of the router itself....u can try tweaking the setting of the wireless radio in the router's config

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/50mbps-internet-limited-to-20mbps-and-persistent-icon-trouble.144228/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an HT Omega Striker 7.1 card... and recently I noticed when there's lots of sound happening at once (IE, I have music playing while also playing an FPS), the volume will dip by 30-50% for a split second. Like I said, it only happens when there's a lot of 'sound' happening at once, so could it be something to do with sound channels or some such? I haven't the first idea when it comes to sound cards. >.>

I have played with all settings in the driver, and none remedy this issue. My Creative Audigy 2 never had this problem and cost a third of the price. Arr!

A:Drop in Volume

driver..

did you try a newer version of Open AL?
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx
OR are there newer versions of the driver at the home of the card? Don't forget to delete the old driver version completely :approve:
http://www.htomega.com/downloads.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drop-in-volume.142916/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey ya ll I m new here amp was hoping someone could help me I just bought a new computer a couple weeks ago--it has Windows amp Realtek High Definition Audio Everytime I try to listen to very it full though volume even up low, have Sound something whether it be music I ve downloaded to my computer OR a sound on a website it is VERY LOW I have checked all of my sound settings amp each one is turned up to as far as they ll go If I want to listen to it I actually have to pick up one of the speakers amp hold it to my ear so I can hear it From there I m lost on what to do Can someone please Sound very low, even though have it up full volume help me I read a few posts amp none of them seemed to have the same problem but I may ve not read the right one I m sorry for the inconvenience if it s already been posted Thank you for taking the time to read this God bless Trisha nbsp

A:Sound very low, even though have it up full volume

Can you please give detailed specs/model etc. of your PC to start with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-very-low-even-though-have-it-up-full-volume.142292/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello World Last week life was fine My eight year old Windows XP PC was limping alone OK with the C USB and Volume HDD Disappearing Letter Drive GB HDD FAT and my G Drive Disappearing USB HDD Volume and Letter IOMEGA GB USB I say limping alone as a year or so back my CD-ROM Drives D amp E had died for reasons I can t remember So missing my CD-ROM drives I started working on the issue Nothing simple such as a driver re-install BIOS reset or system recovery solved the problem and after much searching I down loaded a registry script to reset my drives After a reboot the CD-ROM Drives resurfaced Case Solved with one glich my G drive no longer was visible in My Computer Must of been something I did to fix the other problem So now the Disk FAT Partition DOES show in Disk Management just below my C HDD Yet I am unable assign a letter to the drive option not available The drive is listed as DISK yet it does not have a VOLUME number I am assuming that I have some contention happening between my CD-ROM drives and my IOMEGA drive previously know as G drive My wife has about GB of family photo s on this drive so I am praying that I will not need to reformat Any suggest here would be greatly appreciated Regards Bob nbsp

A:Disappearing USB HDD Volume and Letter

Guide: Troubleshoot: Windows Won't Recognize USB Hard Drive / Fix Unassigned Drive Letter

Also if you have Norton GoBack installed > uninstall it
And if you manually mapped any drives, disconnect them
To disconnect a mapped drive:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd.
Type net use x: /delete, where x: is the drive letter of the shared resource.
Disconnect from a mapped network drive
Click Start, and then click My Computer.
Right-click the icon for the mapped drive.
Click Disconnect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disappearing-usb-hdd-volume-and-letter.139059/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 25.37%

I don t have any clue what would cause this or what did cause it I have the Logitech ClearChat Wireless headset It has an on off switch a mute button for the built-in mic and up down volume controls Well something s happened with Logitech buttons on headset wireless control Volume malfunctioning the volume controls now when I click them and a program window is open it closes it Eithe up or down it appears to be acting as an ALT F macro button Volume control buttons malfunctioning on Logitech wireless headset I would have posted this on the logitech forums but I can t sign in even though I m using the right email and password it won t let me This is really frustrating because sometimes I listen to music in the broswer and I use the volume controls on the headset Volume control buttons malfunctioning on Logitech wireless headset and now using them closes the browser window or windows media player whatever window is open and focused gets closed when the buttons get pressed Someone PLEASE help me figure out this problem Thanks in advance EDIT it turns out all the control buttons on my keyboard are malfunctioning also I mean the volume control buttons play pause next previous media item favorite buttons music broswer zoom etc keyboard shortcuts they all try to shut down the computer nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-control-buttons-malfunctioning-on-logitech-wireless-headset.136370/
Relevancy 26.23%

What the hell does this mean, every apparent Disk Dr that seems to be going, ends up the same way. It also says 2 or more unrecoverable errors. It is Dell 5150 thats causing the problems.

any help would be great

Ninjajohn

A:Unmountable boot volume?

Your hard drive is bad... It will have to be replaced. How will you do this? Take the computer to a friend or to a repair shop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unmountable-boot-volume.134453/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 23.22%

The flash drive icon on my computer is being shown as a file and when i double click it , it says that access is denied, i can only access it through explorer now, is this a virus?

A:Mass storage device icon shown as a file

Probably not, but it is a flash drive that perhaps needs to be reformatted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mass-storage-device-icon-shown-as-a-file.133290/
Relevancy 26.23%

When I try to play audio from my PC I get no sound output in my headphones or speaker.
If I go to "Control Panel" and open up "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties". If I then at the "Volume" tag I click on "Advanced" it wil show a row of slider controls. The "SW synth" slider wil show zero (bottom of slider control), and if I then slide this control up to the middle, I find that sound has returned and it will be ok for a while.
Anybody any idea why this should be?
I am running XP Pro

Cypriana

A:Sw Synth volume keeps disappearing

Have you tried adjusting your 'wave' control?
One time I had a problem (not really a problem) with my wave control moving around and found it was happening through my RealPlayer. I have never lost audio when the W synth was down, only when the Wave was down. Maybe it depoends on the file type you're listening to, in my case, MP3 or WMA. Nonetheless, do you have Realplayer installed? Maybe your SW synth is being controlled through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sw-synth-volume-keeps-disappearing.133331/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm looking for some backup. There is a little argument that has been started at my workplace regarding internet usage and the service constantly dropping. I claim that it isn't 'dropping' it just 'simply put' can only handle so much information at a time. There are a couple workers who constantly download from P2P sites, and if it's a popular download, and there are a lot of peers seeding, the files are downloading at a high rate of speed; at times, probably limiting our T5 connection, which is why I claim that the service is being bogged down. Possibly, a better router would help, but I think it's in the modem supplied from the ISP that would control it. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Am I right?:suspiciou

A:Bandwidth volume

Each additional computer on that T5 connection can cause the internet delivery to be divided among all computers online...
Maybe it could benefit from a different router, or maybe not. Talk to your service provider. Let them look at your usage from their home site... They control the speed, more often than the cable modem controls the speed... and what they deliver could be fluctuating wildly.
Get a good broadband speed tester. There are many free ones online... you can try several with a Google search until you find one that is satisfactory for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-volume.132138/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 26.23%

when i listen to music i set the volume bar in the middle when i seek forward or backward the sound rise to max although the volume bar is at the same position as i placed it (it doesnt move but the volume changes)

I have A Creative Sound Blaster Audigy soundcard

any Idea ?

and yeah ,when i go to the device manager there is a missing thing (Multimedia Audio Controller) i tried to fix it but i couldn't !

A:Volume goes up when I seek forward

What is your computer's make and model?

"there is a missing thing (Multimedia Audio Controller) i tried to fix it but i couldn't !

This has to be fixed and it could be the source of your problem. Try deleting this entry and see if the Multimedia Audio Controller is reinstalled properly after a computer restart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-goes-up-when-i-seek-forward.130458/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all I have a laptop sony vaio which crashed yday I have been getting the message quot unmountable boot volume quot and I cannot even log into safe mode Is there any way to fix this without losing data The laptop doesnt come w an install CD since it is the OEM Unmountable boot volume kinds and the online support person asked me to do a system restore which would wipe away all data Then I went in and bought a rocketfish hard drive enclosure kit I Unmountable boot volume removed the internal hard drive IDE and plugged it into the rockertfish and onto Unmountable boot volume my desktop compaq presario I see a new drive drive F but when I click it I cant seem to open anything at all even when I right click I see no functions at all The hard drive enclosure kit comes with a USB cable w a dual head which serves for soem back up power Any suggestions as to how to trouble shoot this thanks nbsp

A:Unmountable boot volume

Update: I used the paragon software which this website recommends. Looks like its working. It is transferring files to my external hard drive. Few more hours to go for the transfer. Hope I did not speak too soon!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unmountable-boot-volume.128871/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi everyone The other day I was uploading some pictures from my digital camera to my laptop All of a sudden the computer just shut off When I attempted to restart it it Problem unrecoverable have Hard to (Volume Drive appears problems) Serious would keep shutting off and restarting I kept getting the screen when it asks you if you would like to start in Safe Mode or with the Last Good Configuration or Normally I ve had the same problem with another computer of mine so I booted the system from my OS CD I ran a CHKDSK and a message came up that said The volume appears to contain one or Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems) more unrecoverable problems When I looked it up online I saw a lot of websites that said the hard drive was probably dying So I went to Best Buy and bought myself a Rocketfish Hard Drive Enclosure in the hopes that I could recover files to the desktop computer that I have as I have done twice before When I finally got it all set up I couldn t access the drive E I went to My Computer and then when I clicked on my E Drive I got the message E is not accessible Incorrect function And when I try to right click on the drive nothing happens I even tried to search through the drive but I got the Incorrect function message again I m really desperate now and I m willing to do just about anything now to recover at least some of the files I don t care if I can never use the hard drive again but I just want to get the pictures that I had on the computer Is there any way I can go about doing this Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems)

1) Does this enclosure come with its own AC adapter? Make sure its connected powered on

2) Interestingly enough see this link about check the cable jumpers as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-hard-drive-problem-volume-appears-to-have-unrecoverable-problems.126555/
Relevancy 25.37%

my C drive is only an 80G and right now 60G of it is full of apps. I rather like these apps and I don't want to uninstall them. Is it possible to actually move the whole folder to my terabyte and just fix the shortcut paths as needed, or is it more complicated than that?

A:Is it possible to move your entire program files folder to a seperate volume?

Hi BlackScarlet

Yes, it is possible to do that. It's called ghosting. Acronis and Norton Ghost are two of the best programs on the market for doing this. Good luck!

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-move-your-entire-program-files-folder-to-a-seperate-volume.125835/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have the Syncmaster 220wm and the speakers work on everything except itunes can i do something to stop that?

A:Help me on volume control

Check in iTunes options if the right device is chosen for playback.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-on-volume-control.120514/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Samsung Syncmaster 220wm volume is not working. I am pressing the button on the monitor up but it still doesnt work. I keep putting the volume up on the task bar but that still doesnt work and the green wire is in on the pc and the monitor what should i do to get the volume back?

A:Samsung Syncmaster 220wm volume

what OS are you using. this matters. in vista u have to select the speakers as the default playback devices. i bought this same monitor it failed after less than a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-syncmaster-220wm-volume.120508/
Relevancy 25.8%

My XP desktop had a BSOD. After the reboot the Intel RAID manager saids "Failed RAID volume detected. Recover volume? (Y/N):"

I don't want to choose yes if it will wipe all my data off both drives. I'm running a RAID1 and both drive states are "Error Occurred(0)"

If I recover the volume will it just repair the array and keep all the data or just wipe everything and make me start over? I searched for this problem but can't find a definite answer.

A:Safe to recover failed RAID volume?

Not sure if anyone can give a definitive answer on that
It's 50/50
Hence the reason to always have backups created
Raid1 (or any raid really) is not good when trying to recover data (ie nearly impossible)
Therefore, when you're brave enough press Yes :suspiciou

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-to-recover-failed-raid-volume.117794/
Relevancy 48.16%

today i switched on my laptop and noticed that the wireless icon in the taskbar has disappeared. Although i can connect to the internet.

I have tried opening up taskbar properties to see if i can switch it on from there but the icon is not in any of the options.

the wireless netwok card i have got is Intel (r) pro/ wireless 3945AB

My OS is windows xp

A:Wireless icon in taskbar has disappeared

Hi

Chances are windows is managing the wireless and as such the icon wont be shown (they are usually shown if the wireless's own software is managing the connection.) i wouldnt worry as there is no need to do anything with it as long as the wifi is working

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-icon-in-taskbar-has-disappeared.116498/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok, I installed the drivers and everything as I've done several times.

The first time I did it I had the same problem, and I searched online and found out that I had to type something in "run" under start. I forgot what to type in there, whatever it is, it gets into some sort of advanced control for the sound on the computer. In the advanced control or whatever it's called, I changed some sort of input device or something like that. Then my mic was backto normal volume and everything...

So does anyone know of any type of command to type in start > run to get into any audio control panel or w/e. Like the properties section.

A:Mic volume is very low

This is a website that will provide you with run command options: http://www.ontechnews.com/computer-tips/shortcuts/useful-run-commands-for-windows-vista-and-xp/

I think the one you may be asking about referencing your particular issue would be:mmsys.cpl
When accessing this command it takes you to the Sounds and Audio Devices>Properties
>Advanced This will take you to a screen that has a tab that reads Options. After clicking on the options You will then click on properties. This will provide an area in which you can adjust the microphone volume.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mic-volume-is-very-low.113416/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi
I'm using Intel Audio Studio - Sonic Focus 7.1 - Sigma Tel
I have Soundblaster 7.1 desktop powered speakers with a wired/remote on-off switch
with volume and bass controls.
Out of the clear blue, I can't adjust the volume for my headphones with the Soundblaster controls. When I unplug the headphones, the Soundblaster volume control works fine thru the speakers. I get sound ok when the headphones when they're plugged in, but the Soundblaster volume control does nothing. The system volume control, and WMP volume controls work fine on the headphones. It's just the controls on the Soundblaster that have no effect on the headphones.
Thanks.
oldmanlat

A:Cant adjust volume on headphones Sonic Focus

You need to re-install the sound drivers
I couldn't find the exact drivers, except for a page here: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...gmatel-STAC-92XX-Audio-Drivers-006-5682.shtml

If it is an addon sound card just search and download from the manufacture
If it is intergrated into your computer, just search your motherboard drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-adjust-volume-on-headphones-sonic-focus.112421/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys recently when trying to start my toshiba satillite P I Got an Unmountable Has Boot Toshiba P30 Volume Error Error Screen Saying Smart failure predicted on hard dish Toshiba Mk Gas Toshiba P30 Has Unmountable Boot Volume Error - Pm Warning Immediately back up your data and replace your hard dish drive A failure may be imminent so i try and it loads past the windows screen and i get a blue screen saying unmountable boot volume So I load the disk that i get from the company with the laptop and it has this easy restore thing that automatically pops up and when i click okay to continue the restore freezes I don t know how to by pass this system restore quot easy restore feature to get into regular recover console so i can fix the boot also now when i try to start the computer i get a screen saying Invalid Partition table and i cant go any further Im really at a loss here so please if you can help nbsp

A:Toshiba P30 Has Unmountable Boot Volume Error

also i dont have any other disks except for the one i mention that came with the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-p30-has-unmountable-boot-volume-error.107317/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi:

When I try to watch a video i would go to bottom of screen and see my speaker icon.
now it is not there!! When I go into my computer, the volume page is grayed out giving me no option to adjust! in hardware advanved or anywhere is the a run command I can do? Not sure how I erased my volume!!!! Thanks

A:No volume

check on your device manager & try to see if there's any yellow
flag under sound,video & game controller.(might need to re-install
the sound driver).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-volume.106440/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey, recently i was palying my music pretty loud with a few friends over and the volume spider on the speakers broke. as in they're always on the top now, i can turn down the pc volume to 0 and still hear static buzzing. its really getting anoying, i thought i could deal with it and jsut turn the volume on my pc down but its getting to the point where its crackling and making lo screeching noises. is there an application thats able to change the volume on the speakers themselves and not the pc?

A:Speaker volume broke

Speakers are very fragile. The failure rate is very high when they are over-driven. The only real fix is to replace the speakers, and perhaps the audio card as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-volume-broke.103754/
Relevancy 25.8%

Well, this is the 2nd hard drive I have put on my new computer, and it is having the same problems as the first. It tends to make an odd clicking noise, followed by a hum, as if it is turning on and off continuously. These noises are normally accompanied by the computer "skipping." It would freeze for a while, and recover itself. I have also been getting the unmountable boot volume blue screen when trying to boot windows. Using the repair console is not working, gets stuck at around 50% with the chkdsk /r command. An earlier 250 GB hard drive was having similar problems, except when it would click, it would simply crash. I am beginning to think that this is more of a motherboard problem than simply bad luck with hard drives. I have a MSI KT4V mainboard.

Any suggestions or ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unmountable-boot-volume-and-other-errors.103504/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just set up my other monitor and I made it so I can put a different wallpaper on the other monitor. I went to Custimize Desktop and put a wallpaper on the webpages thing. and after that, all of my icons have a glow on them, like they're highlighted.

I also noticed in my Display Properties -> Desktop tab, the glow color is the same as the color on the right side. I was wondering if anybody knew how to turn it off?

A:Dual screen icon glow

Glow? Maybe post a screenshot showing the problem..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-screen-icon-glow.101966/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey there specs are as Dell XPS Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz GHz GB of RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTS Anyways I seem whenever I boot up my comp a message constantly occurs a box appears and on top it says quot CorelOMonitor exe - Not Found quot and below that inside the box it states The Wrong Volume Is In The Drive Please insert Disk into drive Z Thinking The Is Wrong The Volume Drive... In it was Corel Snapfire I had inserted Corel Snapfire installation cd it said a similar statement but at least it was on the same track as being a similar issue Because my iPod is connected via my ubs port it always pops up whenever my iPod is connected Even though this is small issue it can get very annoying as The Wrong Volume Is In The Drive... it is constant I had done a full scan The Wrong Volume Is In The Drive... using AVG and had solved some issues but not this I had tried changing the partition using quot Diskmgmt msc quot in my RUN program on the start menu and still no avail also trying this going under an admin user Hopefully this is some what understandable I mean green on these sorts of issues and would really would like some support thanks any more info just ask nbsp

A:The Wrong Volume Is In The Drive...

Sounds like it is trying to boot from this drive 'Z' - enter Boot Order in Bios and make it NOT so!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-wrong-volume-is-in-the-drive.99408/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an Hp Pavilion dv6704nr. It has the little quicktouch bar at the top with the Next track/Previous track/Play/Pause/Stop/mute/volume buttons. Whenever I change the volume, this pops up. It's very annoying in the fact that it's too big, and you can't click away from it or click things under it, until it goes away. Is there any way I can uninstall it, and install another program of the sort? One that's a lot less annoying? Thanks for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-really-annoying-volume-box.99207/
Relevancy 25.8%

Does any have any idea why the volume control on Altec Lansing ada880 4.1 speaker system will not turn volume up..I turn it up and goes back to zero automatically..no matter how high I turn it..same with bass and treble control.everything else works..Reseting to default does not help..Thanks..

A:Ada880 speaker system volume

I think that's 5.1

If I understand right, you are saying that when you slide the volume bar up, it drops back to 0.

If that is the case see if you can select it with the mouse then use the arrow keys to adjust it.

And a permanent fix may be to try installing the latest drivers for your sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ada880-speaker-system-volume.97558/
Relevancy 25.8%

i recently installed a new slave hard drive and did a primary format. After i did the format, i was able to transfer some files from the master to the slave. When the system restarted though i got the error "unmountable boot volume" and the following codes:
0x000000ed (0x84311588, 0x00000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Tried running in safe mode and other features but to no avail.

ps....i have NO boot disk or windows xp installation disk. something tells me i need the installation disk...please advise.

thanks for any help out there!

A:Unmountable boot volume after hd install

Remove the slave drive...

Remove the slave drive and try to boot. Does the same error occur? Did you set the jumpers on the drives correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unmountable-boot-volume-after-hd-install.96859/
Relevancy 23.65%

OK, this is crazy.

I have been connected to my wireless internet for 2 years now, with no major issues. Then, two days ago, when i connected, the icon in the system tray states i am disconnected. (red cross) This the same for both desktop and Laptop

However i am in fact connected and surfing the net even though it says disconnected. Then every 9 minutes, sometimes more often, the desktop, laptop and mac all get disconnected. So i reconnect manually...still red cross in corner.

So i replaced the router, Netgear DG834Gv2 with the same model, and still same problem.

????? Why is this? Its madness i tell you.

A:Connected to internet, but icon says disconnected.

Its ok, I have fixed the problem.

I believe I have replicated this issue and found a solution.

In my testing, this issue was caused when a Win XP SP2 machine established
an automatic connection to a wireless network secured with WPA-PSK and the
security was then removed from the wireless network. Each time that the Win
XP SP2 machine connected to the wireless network after the WPA-PSK security
had been removed the symptoms I described in my post above were experienced.
This happened across various vendors machines, various vendors wireless
adapters and both with and without the vendor's wireless utility installed.

To resolve this issue (assumes you are using Windows to manage your wireless
connections0:

1. Right click the windows wireless network in the system tray, click "View
Available Wireless Networks" and then click "Change Advanced Settings"
(bottom right corner of the Window).

2. Click the "Wireless Networks" tab and remove the wireless network from
the Preferred networks list and reboot the machine.

3. Re-connect to the wireless network.

After re-connecting the issue was resolved.

Thank you for reading guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-icon-says-disconnected.93636/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I m new to the forum and I suppose like a lot of forum newbees low speaker in 1 Audio Problem, volume very I found this site and registered because I have a problem I m getting a very very low volume out of the right channel speaker This issue started with a hard drive problem where my MBR and Partition Table was corrupted I got a new hard drive ghosted a saved winxp system partition image onto the drive and I was ready to go except my right speaker volume was extremely low Some other info is that my left speaker had gone out a while back but Audio Problem, very low volume in 1 speaker the right continued to work fine This was a definitely a speaker problem After the hard drive problem that right speaker volume was very low even at max volume and it had been fine before I was suspecting a driver issue but my ghost image should have had the Audio Problem, very low volume in 1 speaker correct drivers I loaded the most recent Realtek AC drivers but no change I had been wanting to Audio Problem, very low volume in 1 speaker get new speakers anyway so I bought some Logitech Z- speakers with both standard and USB connections I thought that maybe my problem was the onboard integrated audio and my perception was that USB would bypass that integrated audio so I thought maybe that if it was an integrated audio then the USB would work Well no luck the left channels is great and the right channel sucks with both the USB and traditional plug and I know the speakers are fine because they sound great connected to my laptop So back to the drawing board I thought about getting a sound card but if my understanding that USB bypasses the sound card is correct then that won t help Any help is appreciated Bullfrog nbsp

A:Audio Problem, very low volume in 1 speaker

Try doing an XP repair. You can find out how to do it here:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-repair-Windows-XP-t138.html

I don't trust Ghost images at all... Acronis Home is much more reliable. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-very-low-volume-in-1-speaker.90312/
Relevancy 26.23%

Several problems have surfaced recently on my Compaq Presario R Following a big storm I found that it will no longer recognise Ethernet cable the touch pad becomes non-responsive for minutes at a volume with control Serious problems time and the most bizarre problem of all is the volume When I click on the volume icon in the taskbar the volume window appears and the volume bar is all the way down If I use the volume buttons on the side of the laptop to try Serious problems with volume control amp raise the Serious problems with volume control bar the system becomes muted and the quot mute all quot square becomes checked inside of the volume window If I click and hold the bar and drag it upwards the bar will raise along with the pointer but the moment I stop dragging it it immediately begins to fall on its own until its all the way down again The only way to keep the volume stable is to raise the bar manually and hold the up arrow on the keyboard Again though letting go of the arrow causes the volume to fall on its own back to the bottom I ve tried updating drivers uninstalling the audio hardware and searched all over the internet for clues and i m finding nothing anyone have any ideas jacob nbsp

A:Serious problems with volume control

Welcome to Techspot
Go into safe mode and can you see the desktop features?

Reboot the PC
Press F8 click on safemode
type in the admin and password
If you can see the features you need.
Then you might have to delete profile you use to login
Windows will re-create a new one.

If the Big Storm did a power surge on the desktop then you might have lost or it got corrupted or something in the OS. Might have to re-install Windows again on that PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-problems-with-volume-control.89412/
Relevancy 26.23%

Im haveing problems with my volume, when I go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices it says No Audio Device. i have no clue why its like that, can somone please tell me how to get my Volume back, Please try and go threw the Step on how getting it back!

A:Audio Device? it says i have none WHERE HAS MY VOLUME GONE?:(

Go to 'control panel' then select 'sounds and audio devices'. On the volume tab look at the "mute" box and make sure that it is not selected. Make sure that the volume controls are turned all the way up. If it's not that/ go to 'control panel'- select 'system' and pick the 'hardware tab' then select the 'device manager' tab. Find 'multimedia audio controller' and select /properties'. It will say if the device is working or not. Post another question if you still have no sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-device-it-says-i-have-none-where-has-my-volume-gone.88809/
Relevancy 26.23%

When I try and watch a DVD on my D620, the volume is really low. I used Windows media player and Power DVD. If I play a CD or a file from my hard drive the volume is fine.
Checked the control panel and the volume is all the way up.
Any suggestions?

A:Dell D620 Volume Help

Have you tried the dvd firmware update from dell? Also it could be a codec problem on your o/s

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-volume-help.84450/
Relevancy 23.22%

hello,i have a problem : my local area connection icon in notification bar apears slowely on starting up my windows (xp sp2) and until it apears i can't see my internet connections and connect to internet. i use an adsl modem is connected with ethernet (lan) cable to my pc.how can i fix this problem?

A:slow local area connection icon on startup

How slow?
Check NIC in the device manager for errors.
Check NIC properties and make sure it is all set to automatic.
Turn off the firewall pro tem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-local-area-connection-icon-on-startup.86590/
Relevancy 24.08%

i m using Compaq presario 1800T ,pentium II , designe for win98.
but i m using WINXPpro sp2 version 2002. since last 2years.
i have DVD/CD rom,
form last 2 weeks i have seen that my laptop READS a CD but cant dispaly any data.
my CDrom icon , E: is missing suddenly.i have no access to my CD rom.
in device manager i can see IDE ATA/ATAPI contollers, with NO exclmatory mark.i cannt find my CD/DVD ROM drivers
it is detected by BIOS but fail to detect in windows.
i tried deleting Upper n Lower filter,but no joy.{http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/}

i dont know..which CD rom i m using. i cant format my laptop.i tried syestm restore but no use.

i dont know wht to do help needed desperatly.tried lot of ways.

A:CD/DVD ROM icon missing

I'm not totally clear on your problem, but this MIGHT be of some help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297824/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-rom-icon-missing.84844/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,
I just built a computer with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 motherboard, and everything's gone fine (got an elcheapo e2160 oc'd to 3GHz to hold me out until Penryn desktop procs), except all the input audio devices into the ALC889a onboard HD audio show up disabled. And not just "muted", I mean the volume sliders are grayed out (attached) and the mic doesn't work. Output isn't affected (speakers work just fine).

Anyone ever seen this before? Un/re-install of audio drivers doesn't seem to help the problem, and it doesn't change regardless of whether I use the rear or front panel inputs. I know the driver's registering the device since the Gigabyte/Realtek control panel pops up when the mic gets plugged in, showing the correct panel jack that was used now has a device plugged in (also attached).

A:Microphone volume disabled

You must have the motherboard audio header misconfigured. Are the Audio header jumpers in the proper positions? Sometimes the case audio plugs don't properly match the motherboard's audio header

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-volume-disabled.84334/