Windows Support Forum

Help! Windows hanging at shut down, Microsoft Works & Files Corrupted???

Q: Help! Windows hanging at shut down, Microsoft Works & Files Corrupted???

Help!
I recently had PC in shop to have malware etc. removed.
Ever since, it hangs for about 5 min. before shut down &
all of my microsoft works documents & program are corrupted.
I have never been 1 to download a bunch of stuff so am stumped..
I know that he added a couple of programs, 1 being SUPER Anti-Spyware which concerns me a bit..
Oh, & wow, do I have a few items taking up CPU storge in my windows taska manager such as..
Javaw which takes about 90%
Speaking of, should I have 8 instances running under svchost.exe???

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help! Windows hanging at shut down, Microsoft Works & Files Corrupted???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help! Windows hanging at shut down, Microsoft Works & Files Corrupted???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-hanging-at-shut-down-microsoft-works-files-corrupted.764490/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello!

My friend has a virus problem, he has something in the Windows folder, and he can't actually use his explorer, there is a warning window coming up for him i paste what it says:

"Some dangerous viruses detected in your system. Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted.
This may lead to the destruction of important files in C:\WINDOWS. Download protection software now!

Click OK to download the antispyware (Recommended)"

Any help/advice appreciated!

A:Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted...

Do not click OK to download the software!

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. alternate link 1 alternate link 2
Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-xp-files-corrupted.766228/
Relevancy 69.66%

Good afternoon from my point of view - again I have already used this forum when I messed up Corrupted. Microsoft Xp Error! System. Critical Dangerous Some In Files Viruses Detected Your Windows some HW stuff And have been very grateful for your help Now it seems to be some malware It's been only days since I started the martyrdom of downgrading my HP Pavilion dv ec to Win xp I've been downloading and installing the necessary drivers as the HP doesn't support XP on the machines as I learned later Now being almost done I got this warning everytime I wanted to open IE have SP CRITICAL ERROR Attention users name Some dangerous viruses detected in your system Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted This may lead to the destruction of important files in C WindowsDownload Protection Software now Click OK to download the antispyware Recommended YES NO Critical Error! Some Dangerous Viruses Detected In Your System. Microsoft Windows Xp Files Corrupted. In the window where my homepage is supposed to display a note that it is redirecting me to another page appears When I press quot No quot Then the IE shuts down and a note about some error displays prompting me to send it to the MS I did the following - ran Norton Internet Security updated the day before yesterday full scan of the C drive as there are only files on the other partition yet - haven't installed almost any sw yet - nothing problematic detected - updated and ran a free ad-ware application - this found or so tracking cookies and deleted them one file in quarantine - before any installations of any drivers I installed and set the Norton Internet Security and its firewall that's why the DSS scanner could not download the HijackThis SW I also ran the DSS scan but the windows seem to have shut it down And now I am also asking SHOULD I DISABLE MY FIREWALL SETTINGS IN THE NORTON INTERNET SECURITY TO ALLOW DSS TO DOWNLOAD IT Would anyone be so kind as to lead me through the painful process of detecting what's going on here Many thanks MarketaI forgot to change the description - the window keeps appearing It just didn't appear once after rebooting the computer Now it's there again At the moment I am using mozilla which lets me get on the internet OK No reply Meanwhile I got it tested by kaspersky online scan The kaspersky online scan discovered Trojan Win BHO exk and Trojan Win BHO exkm - so I just removed them from their place on the C drive May I consider it fixed Please helpAnd because my PC does not allow the DSS to complete the scan I at least downloaded and ran the HijackThis application - please see the log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWSSystem smss exeC WINDOWSsystem winlogon exeC WINDOWSsystem services exeC WINDOWSsystem lsass exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC WINDOWSSystem svchost exeC Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccSvcHst exeC Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedAppCoreAppSvc exeC Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccProxy exeC WINDOWSExplorer EXEC Program FilesLavasoftAd-Awareaawservice exeC WINDOWSsystem spoolsv exeC Program FilesSymantecLiveUpdateALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccSvcHst exeC Program FilesCommon FilesLightScribeLSSrvc exeC Program FilesNVIDIA CorporationnTunenTuneService exeC WINDOWSsystem nvsvc exeC WINDOWSSystem svchost exeC Program FilesAlcohol SoftAlcohol StarWindStarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWSSystem svchost exeC Program FilesHewlett-PackardHP Quick Launch ButtonsQlbCtrl exeC Program FilesCommon FilesRealUpdate OBrealsched exeC Program FilesHewlett-PackardHP Wireless AssistantHPWAMain exeC Program FilesHpHP Software UpdateHPWuSchd exeC WINDOWSsystem ICO EXEC Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccApp exeC Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh exeC Program FilesHewlett-PackardSharedhpqwmiex exeC WINDOWSsystem RUNDLL EXEC Program FilesJavajre binjusched exeC Program FilesHPQu... Read more

A:Critical Error! Some Dangerous Viruses Detected In Your System. Microsoft Windows Xp Files Corrupted.

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Carolyn and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. HijackThis logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that it happens. Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please reply to this thread, do not start another!Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix. If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly. I am sorry that we were unable to reply to your post sooner. The forums have been very busy. If you are still in need of assistance, please scan again with HijackThis and post a fresh log. Also, please make an uninstall list using HijackThis To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following: 1. Start HijackThis 2. Click on the Config button 3. Click on the Misc Tools button 4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button. 5. Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad here in your next reply.Post the fresh HijackThis log and the uninstall list in the body of your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157064/critical-error-some-dangerous-viruses-detected-in-your-system-microsoft-windows-xp-files-corrupted/
Relevancy 69.23%

I downloaded some Microsoft updates, rebooted, and now my Microsoft Works Calendar won't come up. I've been to MS website and tried their fix - it didn't work. Next option is to delete Works and reload. My question is - will this deletion get rid of all of my data files along with the program? Also, is Outlook Express part of Works? I've tried to find out, but can't. I'm really concerned about making a mess of things.

A:Solved: Microsoft Works Calendar -works cannot access one or more files.......

Outlook Express is not part of Works.

What version of Works do you have and is it supported by Windows XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-works-calendar-works-cannot-access-one-or-more-files.780666/
Relevancy 69.23%

Since January my computer started getting error messages about corrupted files corrupted registry and drivers stopped working I tried different things and ended up formatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows Things were fine for a while but after a week I started getting messages about corrupt files again having issues with drivers and now Windows won t shut down properly Also the computer powers off of its own accord sometimes I m using Windows XP Home Edition SP I haven t shut down Corrupted issues. and files made any hardware updates recently Some of the error messages I ve been receiving are For Bluesoleil which I have uninstalled and reinstalled it says that the file is corrupt and to try an anti-virus scan I tried to copy the message but the window Corrupted files and shut down issues. went off on its own AVG anti-virus keeps on saying there are no active components or replacing all the commands with things beginning with The drivers for my Logitech Fusion webcam stopped working but I ve reinstalled them and they work for now The Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer kept on corrupting I ve also had the message Windows - Registry Recovery One of the files containing the system s Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternative copy The recovery was successful several times nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Since January my computer started getting error messages about corrupted files corrupted registry and drivers stopped working I tried different things and ended up formatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows Things were fine for a issues and Corrupted shut files down while but after a week I started getting messages about corrupt files again having issues with Corrupted files and shut down issues drivers and now Windows won't shut down properly Also the computer powers off of its own accord sometimes I'm using Windows XP Home Edition SP I haven't made any hardware updates recently Some of the error messages I've been receiving are Corrupted files and shut down issues For Bluesoleil which I have uninstalled and reinstalled it says that the file is corrupt and to try an anti-virus scan I Corrupted files and shut down issues tried to copy the message but the window went off on its own AVG anti-virus keeps on saying there are no active components or replacing all the commands with things beginning with The drivers for my Logitech Fusion webcam stopped working but I've reinstalled them and they work for now The Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer kept on corrupting I'm not sure what other details to add This is another message I keep getting 'Windows - Registry Recovery One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternative copy The recovery was successful '

A:Corrupted files and shut down issues

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/corrupted-files-and-shut-down-issues-464059.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I have been trying to install Microsoft Office and keep getting an error

Cannot access C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink the file directory is corrupted. I have tried running scan disc and it doesn't work and have tried from the command window and it stops 73% through and say can't go any further to maintain system integrity.

Any suggestions?

Thank

A:C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink corrupted file directory

Hi tonedef -

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista Support!

What version of Office are you trying to install (e.g, 2003 or 2007)?

Have you changed any file permission settings or "Taken Ownership" of any folders/files?

The "scan disk" that you mentioned running... was it "sfc /scannow"? If not, click on START | type cmd.exe in the Start Search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select Run as Admin

In the screen that comes up type the following:

sfc /scannow (space after sfc) - press ENTER

Let this run. Try Office re-install.

Good Luck. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/c-program-files-common-files-microsoft-shared-ink-corrupted-file-directory-235837.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

after installing a Canon printer driver, I am now getting an error:

Cannot access C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink the file directory is corrupted.
I have tried running scan disc and it doesn't work and have tried from the command window and it stops 73% through and say can't go any further to maintain system integrity. I have also tried restoring from a back-up but it wont let me as well.

Any suggestions?

A:C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink corrupted file directory

I have a similar problem, see other thread with same title.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/c-program-files-common-files-microsoft-shared-ink-corrupted-file-directory-238306.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently purchased an ASUS Windows bit computer I transferred my Microsoft Works Version word processor and spreadsheet files from my old computer onto the new computer I just purchased the Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition bit version from an online vendor and installed the software onto my new computer I have no problems opening my Works spreadsheet files in Excel However when I attempt to open a Works word processor file in Word I get gibberish I Microsoft Cannot Files Word in Works Microsoft Open 2013 did some research online and found out that there is a Microsoft tool called Works - Converter which allows Cannot Open Microsoft Works Files in Microsoft Word 2013 one to open Works files in Word I downloaded the Works - Converter tool from the Microsoft Support website and installed it on my PC However when I subsequently attempted to open a Works word processor file in Word a dialog box appeared with the error message Word cannot start the converter Wks Pxy cnv and the file Cannot Open Microsoft Works Files in Microsoft Word 2013 did not open properly i e I got gibberish I did a little more research online and found out that uninstalling the Works - Converter then downloading and installing the Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Package and finally reinstalling the Works - Converter may correct this problem I followed these steps but unfortunately when I attempt to open a Works word processor file in Word I get the same error message and the file does not open properly If someone can give me advice on a successful way to open Works spreadsheet files in Word I would greatly appreciate it

A:Cannot Open Microsoft Works Files in Microsoft Word 2013

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315757

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/i-cant-open-any-of-my-microsoft-works-documents/c242b6da-3292-4d7d-8689-9a554ecb7171

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001017.htm

Reboot after any changes you make.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551097/cannot-open-microsoft-works-files-in-microsoft-word-2013/
Relevancy 64.93%

Running: Microsoft Office 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 8

I am unable to open all Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access files also PDF files. When I try to open a Word document I get an error message like "Word experienced an error trying to open the file". I can open Word files with WordPad but most of is garbage. Where I can find a chunk of legible text I recognize, this keeps popping up [email protected]~ . I tried taking the document to another computer and opening but with same result. I am at a loss. I have tried a few recovery software (demo versions) but they keep giving me the data I see in Wordpad.

Same type of error for Excel, Access, PowerPoint and PDF files. Also cannot open these files on another computer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 64.93%

DANGEROUS ERROR Attention users name Some dangerous viruses detected in your system Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted This may lead to the destruction of important files in C WindowsDownload Protection Software now Click OK to download the antispyware Recommended Yes NoClicking either brings me to a website with this message popping up again Clicking no seems to produce another tab and another message while yes brings me to another website without a popup I get this message when I move around ie go between folders in My Computer Scanned with TrendMicro normal antivirus found nothing Trend was updated I can't scan using online scanners I cannot access the internet without being shifted to the websites they want me to download from My home page is still the same on internet options just that they keep intercepting me Trusted Sites are empty I have been downloading several anti viruses and shifting them over on a thumbdrive Thus Step in the preparation guide has been skipped but I have Stinger and Step My HJ logs are Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Corrupted. Microsoft Some System. Xp Error! In Dangerous Attention Dangerous Windows Viruses Your Name) Files (users Detected aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin Dangerous Error! Attention (users Name) Some Dangerous Viruses Detected In Your System. Microsoft Windows Xp Files Corrupted. AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC Dangerous Error! Attention (users Name) Some Dangerous Viruses Detected In Your System. Microsoft Windows Xp Files Corrupted. PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system WF K EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS Dangerous Error! Attention (users Name) Some Dangerous Viruses Detected In Your System. Microsoft Windows Xp Files Corrupted. OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO AFS plugin - EF C - F- - EA - FB AD FA - C WINDOWS system lpax i dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Hans TTS - E - B- D -A D - D D - C Program Files Creative HansVision HansTools HansTTS plugin mybands dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Netw... Read more

A:Dangerous Error! Attention (users Name) Some Dangerous Viruses Detected In Your System. Microsoft Windows Xp Files Corrupted.

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please reply to this topic stating that you still need help and I will work with you on resolving your computer problems. If your problem has been resolved, please post a reply letting us know so we can close your topic.

Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, feel free to create a new one.

Once again, I apologize for the delay in responding to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167604/dangerous-error-attention-users-name-some-dangerous-viruses-detected-in-your-system-microsoft-windows-xp-files-corrupted/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I have a virus problem All the time a window appears that says quot Some dangerous viruses detected in your system Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted Your personal data at the reach of everyone s hand History records and other XP Windows "Microsoft corrupted..." files personal information easily reachable Download protection software now Click OK to download the antispyware Recommended quot Of course I didn t cklick OK I perfomed a scan by Antivir Spybot "Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted..." Search amp Destroy and Adaware but the problem isn t solved Could somebody help me I found a similar help request on this page and therefore did a system scan via HijackThis Here is the logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C "Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted..." WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programme AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Programme AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Programme Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe "Microsoft Windows XP files corrupted..." C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Programme AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Dokumente und Einstellungen xyz Lokale Einstellungen Anwendungsdaten Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Programme Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Programme Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programme Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet Helper - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Programme BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programme Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO VMN Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E - C Programme vmntoolbar vmntoolbar dll O - BHO AmskerBar - B D A E- F C- CCE- AD-DB CFF DD - C WINDOWS system hozr dll O - BHO no name - FFFFFEF - B - D - D- - C PROGRA STARDO SDIEInt dll O - Toolbar VMN Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E - C Programme vmntoolbar vmntoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Programme AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Programme Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Dokumente und Einstellungen xyz Lokale Einstellungen Anwendungsdaten Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOKALER DIENST O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide cmd exe C rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User LOKALER DIENST O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETZWERKDIENST O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide cmd exe C rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User NETZWERKDIENST O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User uncle O - HKUS S- - - - - - - RunOnce nltide cmd exe C rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User uncle O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide cmd exe C rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce nltide cmd exe C rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User Default user O - Global Startup VPN Client lnk O - Extra context menu item Download all... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-xp-files-corrupted.781816/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi have had an issue recently where now I cannot shut down my computer as it hangs on logging off sometimes on shutting down Ive left it for minutes and it just sits there so Ive had to force shut it down by holding the power button This then causes the computer to delete its partition table so I always have to start it up with the windows disk on start up repair to get it to recognise my primary SSD is the boot disk Its also started having an issue where when I am playing a game if I close it down it shut Windows 7 down, Unable when hanging on. to then decides I cannot open any well - most programs so starting up Steam itunes Unable to shut down, hanging when on. Windows 7 internet explorer for instance the process comes up in task manager but nothing actually happens they sit there and dont actually come up Also turns out when its doing this you cant Unable to shut down, hanging when on. Windows 7 close programs either they close but the process keeps going Some that I tried to open bring up an error for instance firefox brought up an error Too many other files are currently in use by -bit programs Exit one of more -bit programs or increase the value of the FILES command in your Config sys file Ive started up in safe mode removed a few random programs I dont really use done a full malware bytes and Avast scan and not come up with anything Check disk is fine Ive run the system file checker and thats come back fine too OS- Windows x Original OS in full retail Hardware is about - years old upgraded graphic card and Heatsink added but both probably about months to a year ago Age of OS - probably about years Cant remember if I reinstalled at all but theres quite a chance I didnt CPU i - k GFX Palit GTX MoBo ASUS P Z -V PSU - W OCZ Manufacturer - Spire Technology Insurance replacement of previous one which was self built No Model number Desktop PC Hijack this log is attached is there anything else you need to know Spoiler Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v CHROME FIREFOX x en-GB Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe D Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Users Will AppData Local Programs Google Google Auto Backup Google Auto Backup exe C Users Will AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II Wi-Fi GO AssistTools WiFile WiFileTransfer exe D Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe D Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Control Panel SBAdgyFx exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Kraken Driver Drivers SysAudio KrakenHelper exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe D Program Files x Steam Steam exe D Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Will AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users... Read more

A:Unable to shut down, hanging when on. Windows 7

Sorry logs aswell here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580999/unable-to-shut-down-hanging-when-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 64.07%

Good evening I just built a PC and am having some issues with Windows When i attempt to shut down the PC windows does not fully shut down and I am forced to hold down the power button to turn the system off However when i 8x64 Shut Down on Windows Hanging reboot the system turns off successfully and restarts without a hitch This Windows 8x64 Hanging on Shut Down led me to believe the issue dealt with the hybrid shutdown but I have disabled this with no effects on the system shutdown I have also Windows 8x64 Hanging on Shut Down tried booting into safe mode and shutting down the system The system hangs on the shutting down phase of the OS but the event logs note a successful shutdown even though it does not appear so from the monitor The event log for a shutdown throws several errors and critical but I am unfamiliar with Windows 8x64 Hanging on Shut Down them The critical level has a source of kernel-power and has a payload of lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt In addition when the system is booting after this failed shutdown I get the error Windows failed fast startup with error status xC D Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 8x64 Hanging on Shut Down

The HDD should be checked for errors. Go to Search and type CMD right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart the computer. Check Disk will check the HDD for integrity and any file problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8x64-hanging-on-shut-down-690995.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I hope that I am posting in the right catagory, but I am not sure what kind of problem this is. When I shut down my computer it says that Windows in updating 1 of 1. Do not shut down the computer is will shut down automatically. It hangs for more than 45 minutes, and never shuts down. I had to unplug it which I know it is bad to do but I had no other choice. I ran malware bytes and that showed no infection. I also have AVG 8.5 running, that came up with no infections. So I THINK I can eliminate hopefully any infection, which is why I posted here. Please help. I can't keep my computer running 24/7. not can I continue to keep pulling the plug to shut down.
Thanks

A:Windows will not shut down. Tries to update but remains hanging.

Have you tried going to windows update. http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

Try seeing if redownloading the updates might fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-shut-down-tries-to-update-but-remains-hanging.855275/
Relevancy 63.21%

One of the steps to fix the quot Can't create recovery medium quot is to check for system file corruption Just out of curiosity I ran an SFC SCANNOW and it reported quot Windows corrupted 4 Surface ||-( - SFC files Microsoft Brand new Pro claims Resource Protection found corrupted files but was unable to fix some of them quot If SFC doesn't run through without an error on a brand new system when then This so ridiculous The only Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-( thing that ever ran on that system was a windows update right after doing the initial setup But I doubt that there is really anything foul on the system since I have that exact same report on about other systems as well some old some new SFC ALWAYS finds some quot corrupted files quot that it is unable to fix and so I know by now that this entire mechanism is just a PoS and a waste of time MS - get your act together You constantly introduce mechanisms into Windows that might be originally well-intended but don't work Why don't you at least removed those once you know they are useless And even worse why is this SFC SCANNOW part of almost every advice one can find in the knowledge base if that mechanism is since years well known to not help or fix anything

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/55891-brand-new-microsoft-surface-pro-4-sfc-claims-corrupted-files.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,
today I am posting in the Eight Forums to ask about how to fix a corrupted looking Windows 8 start menu with no corrupted files found. I know that's a really bad way to explain the situation. I have uploaded a screenshot which I hope explains the issues. I wanted to add the blank squares do not work and also the Maps button.
Thanks
Emaunel

A:Windows 8 Start Menu Looking Corrupted; No corrupted files

Repair the start screen, see here:

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49030-windows-8-start-menu-looking-corrupted-no-corrupted-files.html
Relevancy 62.35%

i just went from windows 2000 to windows 7 professional and we had to reinstall all programs....
problem:
i need to open my company logo which was saved in microsoft office word 97-2003 - my new program is microsoft works word processor - i have tried saving it in different formats on my old computer but nothing seems to be working....
any suggestions?

A:Converting files from Microsoft Office Word 97-2003 to Microsoft Works Word Processor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-files-from-microsoft-office-word-97-2003-to-microsoft-works-word-processor.987414/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am getting the following message when trying to open a file from my University's Blackboard....

"There is not enough memory to open file "C:\ ...etc...etc...doc". Close your document, close other programs, and then try again."

What the heck does this mean and how can I fix this...? I need my documents from this site... I have used it before, this is the first issue with it.

Thanks in advance!

Jinxy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-cant-open-files.320884/
Relevancy 61.92%

I've downloaded the converter from microsoft, but it still keeps giving me that "either there's no converter for this or the file is corrupt" line, and it works on other computers so I know it's the computer not the usb. I'm so fed up with this...help?

A:Microsoft works 8 won't open .doc files

Don't take offense...You said you downloaded the converter, but did you install it??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-works-8-wont-open-doc-files-200622.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I was trying to help a friend with her new computer. She had been saving all documents typed in Works under My Documents since it was the default. I set up folders and began to move the documents and the files continued to replicate themselves under My Documents.

Each time a file was selected whether by right clicking, dragging and dropping, etc. a new file was added of the same thing. Renamed itseld as Copy 1, Copy 2, etc

Any ideas?

A:Microsoft Works Files Replicating

I helped someone with this EXACT same problem.

1. Do NOT hold the Ctrl key while dragging. Ctrl+Drag = copy

2. Perhaps the Ctrl key is stuck down on your keyboard. Try another keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-files-replicating.206432/
Relevancy 61.92%

How can I get my MS Works database files to be able to be transferred to another program such as Open Office or Office? I have a lot of collected information in many files that I can't share with anyone else who doesn't have Works. The Office Database is far too complicated for me and much more powerful than I need for my own use.

A:Microsoft Works Database files

Did you TRY exporting?

A typical choice for database conversions is to export -> CSV format and then work with that
to create the imports. Hint: Export only one TABLE at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-works-database-files.207807/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have repeatedly tried to tell the chkdsc to run upon reboot, but nothing happens. I am still getting the error the C:\Program Files\Microsoft is corrupted or unreadable -- sptcmd.exe -- Corrupt File

I am running Vista Small Business OS -- Dell support did not provide me a viable solution -- it's a MS problem Recommendations?

A:C:\Program Files\Microsoft is corrupted or unreadable -- sptcmd.exe -- Corrupt File

If you have a Vista CD put that in and boot off of it and choose to Fix my Computer Vista will first try to fix the file system. If that fails it will give you the option to go to System Restore, or the Recovery Console (where you can run Check Disk)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c-program-files-microsoft-is-corrupted-or-unreadable-sptcmd-exe-corrupt-file-514921.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I used to have a version of Excel, but I believe I disabled it or
partially erased it.

Now I have been getting some e-mails with attached
excel files ".xls" and can not seem to find any way to
read them.

I am running Windows 98

Another straange thing, when I do click on an ".xls" file
Adoby Acrobat comes up to try to read it.

A:Reading Excel files Using Microsoft Works ?

Go here http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&View=en-us&na=82&qu=.xls+file+microsoft+viewer

and see if you can find a viewer for your OS etc.

Welcome to TSG!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reading-excel-files-using-microsoft-works.189505/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am using Microsoft Works Word and it cannot open .doc files which are old Microsoft word documents. It says "There is not enough memory to open file XXXX. Close your document, close other programs and try again." Is this suppose to happen? I have to use Abi Word to open my files now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258968/microsoft-works-word-cannot-open-doc-files/
Relevancy 61.49%

My works database used to work fine now when I try to print a form I get an out of memory error. I can go to another computer and no error.
another problem I have is that my files take a long time to open. When I double click to open a file it seems like the computer is searching the network for the file.
I am Virus free. Defraged and 2 MEGS of memory nothing changed when I added an extra meg of memory
any help will be appreciated.
Wanblihota

A:Microsoft Works & Slow opening files

Try running chkdsk /r.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (space between k and /) and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen question and hit Enter. Reboot and let the command run. The system will boot into XP automatically when chkdsk /r is complete.

Louis

You might also check your virtual memory settings...IMO, XP should be controlling the size of virtual memory.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256667/microsoft-works-slow-opening-files/
Relevancy 60.63%

Have a laptop here that had the crypto locker virus, or a variant of it. Using Combofix this now appears to have gone and all traces have been removed from the registry, however when I try to open the spreadsheet files, .xlr, I get a message saying they are corrupt or not compatible with works. Is there any way to repair these files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-spreadsheet-files-corrupt-cryptolocker.1151381/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am new at this and I have Windows 7. I am trying to open an attachment to my mail and it keeps giving me this error message :" works cannot open. the file may be in use by another application, the file may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt." I need to remedy this problem ASAP as these files are needed for my childrens home schooling by Mon 08/30/10. CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND REMEMBER THAT I AM A BEGINNER. THANK YOU

Relevancy 60.2%

I had mistakenly changed a video adapter and my pc hangs when booting up. Stuck at the microsoft windos xp logo. i have tried rebooting in safe mode and indeed all other modes but nothing works

A:Microsoft Windows XP hanging

have you tried hitting F8 (or something else, depending on ur system) and choosing "Last Known Good Configuration"?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-windows-xp-hanging-149616.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,I have installed windows 10 in my Inspiron 15 3542.When I shutdown the computer, sometimes the fan keeps running till the battery drains out.
Then I have to keep pressing power button and power off the laptop.Previously I had Windows 8.1 and no issues at all.Any healpful ideas guys?

A:Fan still works after shut down (Windows 10).

This seems to be a common problem with Windows 10. The culprit is Intel's Management Engine (IME) v11.* Ever since v10.* this has been a problem. What you need to do is to install a V9 or V10 IME and the system will operate as it should as it relates to power off, sleep, and hibernate. I had the same problem and regressed driver to v10 and everything has been fine since. 2 weeks and no troubles.
If you can't find the back level drivers on the Dell site, get the Intel ME driver here. Just use the driver install, and answer that you know you are going back level on the driver.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19647365
Relevancy 58.91%

Working on a client's PC Has a Core i gb ssd gb ram nothing too fancy His SSD has a windows partition works just fine and a windows partition not so much The windows boots up and works just fine However when you click the start button literally all the app and program icons are missing Also when you search for anything for example windows update it finds results that are random 8 Windows Missing App just but Icons, works Safe fine? Corrupted, Mode jumbled letters and numbers and when you press enter to Windows 8 Missing App Icons, Corrupted, but Safe Mode works just fine? open for example windows update it ask you what type of program you want to use to open the cdf-ms file with no programs listed Also upon boot it opens up an error message that says EEventManager - The system cannot find the path specified However if booted up into safe mode all the app icons Windows 8 Missing App Icons, Corrupted, but Safe Mode works just fine? show up and everything seems to be working normally Again the windows partition is just fine as well Any ideas Don't have installation disks to do a quot pc refresh quot

A:Windows 8 Missing App Icons, Corrupted, but Safe Mode works just fine?

Probably best to ask over here. Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365422-windows-8-missing-app-icons-corrupted-but-safe-mode-works-just-fine.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My computer was working perfectly (and shutting down nicely) until I installed the 2005 version of Symantec System Works and newly insltalling Norton Ghost.
Now it won't shut down at all.
I need to shut down manually.
I recall this happening in the past but I thought that this type of problem has been fixed with Windows XP - SP2.

A:Windows XP Shut Down after installing Symantec System Works

What do you mean by "it won't shut down at all". Do you mean it won't shut down by itself after you select turn off?

edit: Norton has a very bad reputation noadays, just browse the forums, you'll see what I mean.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-shut-down-after-installing-symantec-system-works.339804/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all I fine? shut won't boot works windows and but up down restart, am new here and windows won't restart, but shut down and boot up works fine? I will try to be as brief as possible and cut to the chase The problem I am experiencing is that windows vista home basic will shut down and then you can turn it back on just fine windows won't restart, but shut down and boot up works fine? but you can not go to the start menu and windows won't restart, but shut down and boot up works fine? choose restart because it goes thru the motions like it going to restart but it only loads the bios and then begins to load windows the bar starts moving across where it says Microsoft Corp but only gets about half way over and then screen goes black then a blue screen appears for about a split second no where nearly long enough to even have a clue what it says then it goes thru the rebooting procedure again and this time when it reboots it brings up the screen asking if you want to start in safe mode last known good configuration or start normally etc but no matter which you choose it still won't take me to the desktop it just keeps repeatedly restarting I can however hit the power button and shut it down manually and when it restarts the same screen comes up about safe mode last known good configurationn or start normally so I select start normally and it boots up just fine and takes me to the desktop so I ran system file checker and it did find some corrupt files that it said it could not fix so I am here to see if you have any suggestions what to try next any help is appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-wont-restart-but-shut-down-and-boot-up-works-fine-304254.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So for the past couple of days windows has done this. It happened after re installing my wifi card witch has been giving me problems. After reinstalling it and restarting windows fails to boot. It freezes when it says "starting windows" but when I manually shut the computer down and start it manually, it says: "windows failed to start" when I click start normally, everything works fine. Well except for the weird glitches and slowdowns. This still happens when and after installing windows, and in safe mode. It literally can't restart itself in the middle of the windows install! I can't believe it. Someone help me please!

A:Windows fails to restart itself but manual shut down works fine

try the steps in the following link and see if ti helps to resolve your issue(s):

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334791-windows-fails-restart-itself-but-manual-shut-down-works-fine.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an existing Microsoft with XBox live attached from years ago Yesterday I decided to finally upgrade to Windows I did it as a clean install from Windows formatted my SSD and installed from scratch I used my old Microsoft account as the active account and proceeded through the install with no issues First thing I did when I hit the desktop was install all the manufacturer Windows drivers and utilities Then I set up some control panel options that I typically use disable firewall disable UAC desktop speaker etc I rebooted a few times for the drivers and went through the quot trust this PC quot procedure I then updated windows using Windows update Corrupted? Microsoft Windows 8 Account to get to the latest hotfixes After my Windows 8 Microsoft Account Corrupted? PC rebooted I seem to have lost access to a lot Windows 8 Microsoft Account Corrupted? of control panel features Notably administrative options such as quot Disable Enable firewall quot that are marked with the administrator shield icon Some of the shield options work most don't do anything The options are visible Windows 8 Microsoft Account Corrupted? but when I click on them nothing happens There is no quot you need admin rights yes no quot box or anything Simply nothing I checked the PC Settings Metro style control panel and noticed that the quot Users quot option is gone on the screen All other options are present and work But Users is gone The top option on that screen is Personalize I have no access to UAC options Changing my user type or any user options at all And most options in the control panel do nothing I figured it was an install update issue but reinstalled times and had it occur each time It seems like every time I either install updates or quot trust this PC quot I lose privileges When I do look at my user it says that I am an administrator I tried reinstalling and using a local account and I have no issues at all so it appears to be associated with my account I can't just delete and re-add the account because it has all of my Xbox credentials and an MSDN account It doesn't appear that MS provides any account support for these accounts so I am not sure how to decorrupt it

A:Windows 8 Microsoft Account Corrupted?

Same problem here! Another post...

I can't resolve :-(

Users link under PC settings dissappeared!

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/19631-windows-8-microsoft-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I'm stuck using my phone so it's windows, screen boot Unable Microsoft hanging on corporation into to loading a bit hard to type I've also been at this for hours so I'm sorry if I forget anything I will try to include as much info as possible My laptop is a toshiba satellite L D Since around Unable to boot into windows, hanging on Microsoft corporation loading screen midnight last night it was off for around hours while i was at work I haven't been able to boot up into windows it reaches the Microsoft corporation green loading bar and just loads indefinitely It was working fine earlier Unable to boot into windows, hanging on Microsoft corporation loading screen that day and I haven't had any serious problems with Unable to boot into windows, hanging on Microsoft corporation loading screen it in several months If it is at all relevant it seemed a little slower than usual earlier yesterday but I just figured I had too many things running Initially safe mode and safe mode with networking both worked fine but now they either work or hang when loading files the last one is atipcie sys I haven't yet figured out what exactly decides whether they work or not I'm sorry Also regarding safe mode when shutting down or restarting it'll hang on the shutting down Screen for several minutes before eventually blue screening Last known good configuration doesn't work it also hangs on the Microsoft corp screen I have also tried settin up a clean boot in safe mode which also doesn't work same result Memory diagnostics came out fine Sfc scannow comes back with Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them System restore like safe mode would bluescreen after hanging on the shutting down screen after which starting normally still doesn't work and if safe mode works safe mode tells me the restore was successful Chkdsk the first several times would tell me it can't do anything when the disk is in use and it can run on the next restart I say yes and eventually shut down and of course it never gets to run because normal mode doesn't work and it doesn't run when booting up safe mode I dunno if it actually can't it might be my fault since I always try normal mode first then safe mode after having to restart does that reset chkdsk I did get it to work a couple times for the most part it didn't come back with anything bad that I can remember at least I'm sorry I've done so much to try and fix this I'm losing track of all the info First couple times I tried startup repair wouldn't run it was telling me If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance There was nothing attached to the computer at this time If its relevant whenever I can get into safe mode a little info balloon comes up from around the task bar telling me that hardware id is missing from the USB thing That's really vague I'm sorry I didn't think it was important and didnt write it down I can provide the specific words if I get back into safe mode I occasionally unplug USB devices withoughughut removing safely and have on a few occasions shut down started up the computer with something plugged in Right now my USB port cd DVD drive and sd card slot are all working fine and I am even able to access mass storage devices and copy my files onto them Moving on startup repair eventually stopped giving me that message and ran several times with somewhat varied results Most of them worked fine telling me to restart to see if it worked of course nothing changed regarding booting up I think once it told me it didn't work for some reason again sorry I don't remember some details but that was just once I have been at this for like combined hours so I apologize if I missed anything I will say so if I remember anything This is all I can recall right now so I hope it's no too vague or... Read more

A:Unable to boot into windows, hanging on Microsoft corporation loading screen

system recovery is your best option back up your important data first

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/items/how-to/230

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542802/unable-to-boot-into-windows-hanging-on-microsoft-corporation-loading-screen/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

Been at this for 3 days now and am getting pretty desperate. I turn on my PC and I get 'windows loading files'... It just hangs.

The repair doesn't work

System recovery options are blank

It cannot find system image

Select system image back up, I don't know which file to select!

Nothing works. I've tried the chkdsk things and it seems there are no problems.

Am I being thick?! Do I need a repair cd? Not very technical as you can tell, but my life is on this desktop!

Thank you

A:Where do I get the cd to fix the 'windows loading files' and hanging?

Hello Lolo and welcome to Seven Forums.

At this point I think I would try a Repair Install. If successful (barring any hardware issues like a failing hard drive, graphics card, etc) a Repair Install should preserve your user accounts, data, programs, system drivers, etc. This tutorial explains how to proceed and also includes a Warning box that you should read and understand.

Repair Install

The third bullet point in the Warning box includes a download link for official Windows 7 installation disks. You will need to get the download that matches your computer's installed version of Windows 7. In other words, if (for example) your computer has the English version of Windows 7 Professional with SP1 64-bit installed, you'd have to download "Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 U (media refresh) X17-59186.iso" and save it someplace convenient like your desktop. Since this will be an iso file, you'd then have to burn it to a DVD to create a functional installation disk. Once the installation disk is created you could then proceed with the Repair Install.

Perhaps other Forum members will jump in with better ideas.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/349426-where-do-i-get-cd-fix-windows-loading-files-hanging.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi have been searching all over the net for answers for my HTPC don't seem to be able to use it for more than weeks before a new problem occurs Standby mode works fine goes into S wakes up to record no issues there Recently started using the Media Centre Standby Tool again but PC down hanging on shut I believe that to be unrelated as I've been having this problem intermittently even before that was installed Recently I've been experiencing some stutter PC hanging on shut down on videos and live TV through MCE When this happens the machine will go onto the 'shutting windows down' screen but will either take minutes to switch off or stay there indefinitely Sometimes it will restart OK without issue but this is getting few and far between Tried to download the hotfix for the hang no difference For what it's PC hanging on shut down worth if I hard power the machine off when it hangs then go back into MCE it is usually ok Thought it may be something to do with the GB drive This is because sometimes the hard drive won't display any folders within Explorer after it's been heavily used So i've moved everything off did a full reformat through windows and transferred everything back on No difference to this shutdown issue Reason for trying this was that I've been using a newsgroup program that was taxing the hard drive quite hard but was still within the manufacturer's tolerance levels for temperature degrees C This last time was watching an HD satellite channel CPU usage seemed to waver between and which is higher than usual but nothing out of the ordinary was jumping out in the processes It isn't always to do with that GB drive not showing files either As another note I restarted last night it played TV fine for hours went to sleep last night woke it up this morning and still working fine Can't establish a pattern to it If I post a log if someone can tell me where and how can anyone diagnose Many thanks

A:PC hanging on shut down

Sorry for not following instructions, have run that exe and the report and the other system report are attached.

Interestingly ,noted the following error tv_ConfigMgrErr24 which I'm now going to google.

System spec:
Scaleo E custom case/250W power supply
2x DVB-S tuner cards
bluetooth usb (belkin)
320GB 2.5" drive, 640GB 3.5" drive
samsung bluray combo
usb dual dvb-t
win 7 HP retail 32 bit
nvidia gt220 (asus bravo)

EDIT: only thing of note relating to that device is that when hidden devices on device manager are shown, there is an entry under 'non plug and play drivers' for 'null', showing a code24.

The only thing of note with this is the device class guid, which is 8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1

According to some sources this is a rootkit, although I don't have the other matching registry entries to go with that theory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125523-pc-hanging-shut-down.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi. I am running XP Pro, whenever I try to shut it down or re-boot, the screen freezes on "saving you settings." What can I do to have it shutdown properly.....Thanks

A:XP Pro hanging when I shut down

Welcome to TSG!

The first thing you should do is make sure that your Device Manager is clean...sometimes devices can cause this.

Next,
go into MSCONFIG and uncheck the load startup items. try and duplicate the shutdown problem that way and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-hanging-when-i-shut-down.81762/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recent had a warrenty repair on my pc, a new mother board was fitted and everything is great again except I can not shut down! Once I click shut down it goes through the process as normal, cut's the feed to the monitor but then it just stays on and does not kill the power meaning I have to psyically hold down the power button to fully power off. Anyone got any ideas?  I've installed the latest BIOS update and checked drivers etc are upto date and I've even tried a clean install of windows 10 but the problem still remains! Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hanging-when-trying-to-shut-down/td-p/5784566
Relevancy 55.9%

i have xp and i hangs at shut down!!!!!
any one got any ideas?
i know nothing about xp!!!
also is there any where eles to get updates for xp apart from the microsoft website?
thanks
laters

A:xp hanging on shut down

mine used to do this, but hasn't in a while. it would hang up if i had multiple users logged in. i don't know if there is an update that took care of this or not but i haven't had the prob in a few months

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-hanging-on-shut-down.98989/
Relevancy 55.47%

Microsoft is a busy bee alright, but aren’t we waiting on pins and needles for Windows 7? So what on earth is this talk about Windows 8?
A post that was just placed on the Microsoft careers website seems to point to the truth. A new position, called Lead Software Engineer is Test is up for the filling, whose requirements include working on Windows 7 projects like the core engine and such.
However, here’s the kicker: the job listing notes, “We will also soon be starting major improvements for Windows 8.” And while we are likely to see Windows 7 coming pre-installed on by September, we can’t even begin to fathom what 8 is all about. Well, just like technology .. there will always be something newer and better.

A:Microsoft Windows 8 already in the works

Perhaps something like when Win98was out, Me came out and almost inmediately XP was out?

Perhaps 7 will be out and 8 will come out 2 to 3 yrs after?

I understand they are in the business of making money but I often wonder why all the major changes and not just upgrades to a stable OS. Perhaps this is why I am not in Marketing?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223727-microsoft-windows-8-already-works.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was using works to make my business cards and address labels but,, when I go into all programs and then into micro works it says that it is "empty", Is there any way to recover Works or is there another free site that I can download to be able to make up my cards and labels. Thank You

A:microsoft works (windows xp)

If you don't have Office installed on your computer, you can try a free alternative like OpenOffice. You'll have a Word lookalike.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-windows-xp.835833/
Relevancy 55.47%

Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files Apparently corrupted files I am Inability Unwanted files messages MSWord picture to files. MSExcel Apparently encoding and corrupted files. on opening files? open having problems opening doc and xls and jpg files in some but not all folders in my folder tree e g C Documents and Settings username My Documents Folder X However Folders Y and Z are apparently unaffected This has arisen only recently My system is Windows XP Home and Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? SP upgraded to SP MSWORD EXAMPLE - On opening a Word file whether from Word or from Windows Explorer I receive this dialog box quot File Conversion - filename doc quot quot Select the encoding that makes your document readable quot The already selected button is quot Other encoding quot and the suggested code is quot Japanese quot The preview pane shows only an array of characters all the same Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? On trying to select the button quot Windows Default quot the preview changes to a continuous array of lower-case xxxxxxx On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Auto-Select quot the selected code returns itself to quot Japanese quot with the display as already noted above On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Western European Windows quot the display reverts to the Windows Default style as already noted above lines of xxxxxxx I am unable to open the file MSEXCEL EXAMPLE - On opening an Excel file all I get is an immensely long string of a character in cell A Same character all the way Again I am unable to open the file PICTURE EXAMPLE - On opening a jpg file from a picture program or direct from Windows Explorer I get messages such as quot No preview available quot in Windows Picture and Fax viewer or quot Cannot open file filename jpg in Corel or just the boxed in little red X in MS Office Picture Manager Again I am unable to open the file CLUE - I recently installed a down-loaded trial copy of BackUp All and ran it I then had start-up problems with a blue screen and message about computer damage suspect hardware software etc and the machine did a Memory Dump and then rebooted successfully This happened every time I started from cold I then uninstalled BackUp All and removed all traces The blue screen problem has not recurred Could this have been connected with the problems noted above It seems possible and please note that since then it appears that any new files I save to the affected Folders can be opened correctly but still not the earlier ones They are obviously corrupted Any help will be received with thanks These files are valuable and I want them back Robin Oram

A:Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files?

This sounds like it might be a malware infection.

Have you run any scans lately?

Did you download BackUp4All from a reputable source?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201994/unwanted-encoding-messages-on-opening-msword-files-inability-to-open-msexcel-files-and-picture-files-apparently-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm currently getting what it seems like windows explorer ( or the status box when copying ) hangs when i try to copy files over 1gb ( i copy like 5 or more 350Mb files and its rock stable and fast - upto 50Mb/S over a 1 GIG ethernet link )

I notice after its copied around 750 the status box freezes and it seems its not coping any more... its via 1 gb network link , both machines are fairly quick and i'm logged into the machine i am copying from using terminal services

specs of 2 pcs -

pc where files are copied from - Quad 2.4 , 4Gb Ram , 2.4Tb in Raid 5 , Win7 X 64

pc where the files are copied to - dual core 2.26 , 4Gb Ram , 500Gb WD Hdd , Win7 X64

I beleive its not hardware as i've copied like over 10 gigs of 350 mb files with out issue , only multiple single files > 1gb seem to have issues.

Both PCS are running RTM. 16385

Delphian

A:Windows 7 Hanging when copying large files

As a suggestion, test what happens when you fully uninstall (disabling is not enough) your anti-virus utility and 3rd-party firewalls, if any.

The most likely cause is interference from a kernel-mode filter driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36462-windows-7-hanging-when-copying-large-files.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So I bought a HyperX Fury SSD 240GB a while back, decided I would put it into my rig when it was time for a Windows 7 reinstall or fresh install of Windows 10.Since Windows 7 was starting acting up, Base Filtering Engine wouldnt start inturn Firewall wouldnt start. I then thought now was the good time to go to Windows 10, and use my newly bought SSD.The install was quick, and boot times are blazingly fast. But whenever I open up a new program, files, or just open up a folder my PC hangs for a few microseconds. This is kinda annoying if I'm listening to music (or have any audio in general playing in the background), because it will loop while the tiny hang is happening.Anyone have any ideas to what this could be?Its a fresh install, all I have installed is an antivirus program and Steam.nuFF3

A:Windows 10 - Microstutter and/or hanging when opening files

"Its a fresh install, all I have installed is an antivirus program and Steam"Nothing beats a clean install, which means you Delete all the partitions.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-microstutter-andor-hanging-when-opening-files/560.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all and thanks in advance for shut down start on and up Hanging trying to help me I generally have been able to fix my own PC problems Hanging on start up and shut down but this time I'm completely stumped by whatever Hanging on start up and shut down is causing these issues I'm going to state all of the issues since I have no idea whether they are related or not hangs on the Windows XP wallpaper for at least - minutes at startup before the icons start showing up I read that this could be an Explorer issue but since it's intermittent I can't figure it out If I do an immediate reboot on start up before opening anything up it doesn't happen hangs on shut down on the following files with quot cannot shut down quot kmw exe kkw exe svchost exe and explorer exe I believe the kmw and kkw are something to do with my wireless Kensington mouse and keyboard - and I believe one of the automatic analyzers said that at least one was a duplicate I don't know why the other files are hanging They never shut down on their own - I always have to end them myself Kept running out of virtual memory recently but now I believe this was unrelated Today after running PC-Doctor and having the memory test fail I did re-seat my memory sticks and surprisingly that may have fixed the problem since I re-ran the test and it passed very slow internet browsing - generally - seconds between mouse clicks I'm assuming it's malware but I don't have a heavy duty program running to fix this - I do have Norton and Premium Booster and up until now those two seemed to do the trick However since my original post I have downloaded and run Spybot S amp D So I have also just changed the log below to reflect the changes after I did this one last item but I'm fairly certain it's unrelated but maybe not the icons in Favorites and Links in Internet Explorer randomly change on me I've taken a few suggested steps to fix this however if I am able to correct it during a single session they randomly change the next time I boot up Many thanks for any help and advice P S I'm an online poker player so yes the poker and poker-spy programs are ones that I loaded thanks SheilaDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Norton enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system UStorSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exeC Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system kkw run exeC WINDOWS system kmw run exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared ... Read more

A:Hanging on start up and shut down

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206283/hanging-on-start-up-and-shut-down/
Relevancy 55.04%

Brand new Compaq Presario SR1020NX (Celeron 2.8 GHz) with factory installed Win XP Home plus whatever else Compaq puts in there. Only added Norton SystemWorks 2004 with default settings. When I shut down, hangs on the last blue screen that says "Windows is shutting down..." and never shuts down. Mouse still moves but nothing to click on and otherwise frozen. I have had to pull the plug liternally twice so far. When it is replugged and turned on, seems like nothing bad happened, starts up normally as far as I can tell.

A:Can't shut down Win XP Home (hanging)

Does this apply if I don't have any Brother product/anything hooked up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-shut-down-win-xp-home-hanging.227945/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all My copy of Windows Home files, SFC but Windows7 doesnt data reads Many corrupted corrupted fix Premium x on my laptop has been having some strange issues lately I cannot run msi files and device manager never populates a full list Sometimes rarely but it does repeat Windows Explorer will freeze and if I attempt to close Many corrupted Windows7 files, SFC reads corrupted data but doesnt fix it and reopen it using task manager the UI reloads but whenever I click on a folder it claims Windows cannot load explorer Restarting fixes that I scheduled Many corrupted Windows7 files, SFC reads corrupted data but doesnt fix and ran CHKDSK and it repaired a few bad sectors but it didn't fix any of these problems I have run CCleaner both the regular cleaner and registry fixer and defragmented my hard drive until it's only fragmented I then tried sfc scannow and it read a bunch of corrupted files but could not repair them I read that to fix sfc you must download and run Windows System Update Readiness Tool It has been running and quot Searching for Updates on this Computer quot for about an hour now and I'm getting concerned that it's just not doing anything It's not frozen the bar keeps moving from left to right and I can click on and off of it I also have the logs from sfc if anyone wants to take a look at them they'll be attached The computer isn't very old and has an intel i and gb of ram If you would like any extra information to help please reply and I'll get back to you as fast as I can Any recommendations on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated Thanks so much for any and all help

A:Many corrupted Windows7 files, SFC reads corrupted data but doesnt fix

Hi Qujibo,
First comment you said ran ccleaner REGISTRY cleaner, this is not advised, unless you know what your doing

If there is an UNDO backup from that utility RUN it.

SURT can quite easily run for a couple of hours.

There are a lot of Winsxs errors in your log.

AFTER surt has run

REBOOT

run the MXdiag report from this link
Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Was this OS only installed via sysprep a couple of days ago??

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/389976-many-corrupted-windows7-files-sfc-reads-corrupted-data-but-doesnt-fix.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Forgive me for being old and my system is old as well. My Microsoft Works and I have been communicating very well for many years. Hundreds of document files are stored on my hard drive. Now my microsoft works program shuts down everytime I try to paste
something into the document I am working on. Is there a fix for this ???

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c8b3503-e972-4910-8fcd-5be5f3c87a6f/windows-vista-and-microsoft-works?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all About a week ago my Lenovo v began acting up Long story short as a last resort at on Copying Lenovo Windows v570 0% hanging files last meaning I was pricing replacement hard drives I wiped my entire hard drive hidden partitions and all I have spent countless hours working to get this thing back in working order and I may after hours be on the right track After doing a lot of research and reading a lot of threads this is where I'm at As I mentioned I completely wiped the hard drive I created a GB partition to install Windows Home Premium bit which is the same OS that was pre-loaded and have left the other GB unallocated for now I formatted the new partition and began to install Windows which after all the trouble I've gone through even getting to this point was a huge step Well as the title suggests the install hangs at at step of the installation process I have tried both DVDs as well as using a flash drive that is already formatted to NTFS which I used the Windows Download Tool to create I have gone to the BIOS and mixed and matched nearly every plausible option without luck I disabled USB legacy at times switched from ACHI to Compatibility disabled the wireless option via BIOS unplugged all USB devices unless using the USB install method and everything else I could possibly think of Even before I was forced to completely wipe the hard drive and was trying to salvage my information I did an install which made it further along before ultimately getting an error which lead to me completely wipe the hard drive than this particular install My apologies for such a long write-up just wanted to make it clear the thinks I've done so far as to not waste anyone else's time but also Copying Windows files hanging at 0% on Lenovo v570 to make everyone aware of some solutions maybe I have NOT thought of or come across Apparently Lenovo is infamous for making such installs difficult but my hope is that with the help of this community I can resolve this issue without having to go to them Note I don't consider myself to be a 'rookie' when it comes to working on and diagnosing computer problems but I am far far from an expert such as flashing the BIOS particularly with any OS post-XP so Copying Windows files hanging at 0% on Lenovo v570 please be patient and understanding in your replies Thank you all so much

A:Copying Windows files hanging at 0% on Lenovo v570

Enter BIOS setup to see if there are any listings to indicate you have an EFI mobo. If so, you'll need to follow special steps to reinstall: UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums

If not we need to first confirm the installer. Where did you get Win7? Is this a known-good DVD which has installed before? If not confirm the installer ISO or download another from the official download link given in these steps to get a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 Factory OEM.

If a confirmed ISO DVD burned with MS tool or ImgBurn at 4x speed fails, next write to flash stick using MS tool or Universal USB Installer with Win7 in dropdown menu. Boot using one-time BIOS Boot menu key under USB, Removable or HD's.

If it fails, unplug the DVD drive as well as all other HD's and peripherals to try again.

Next check the Lenovo Support Downloads webpage for your model for newer BIOS version update. Read the download info or the Read Me file in download to see if it might apply. If not, reset BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI to try install, then IDE mode if it fails.

Next test your RAM and HD from these troubleshooting steps.

Report back results for more steps, including possible installing in another machine to moved HD: SysPrep to move HD to another computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/219016-copying-windows-files-hanging-0-lenovo-v570.html
Relevancy 54.61%

HiIf any one can help I will really appriciate it My laptop is hanging at the blue shut down screen and will not power off I have to remove the battery everytime I have ran a clean Adaware and Spybot I did get the following error message onceMicrosoft Visual C Runtime On Hanging Screen Down Welcomed Shut Help LibaryRuntime Error Program C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSRVC exeR -Pure virtual function call quot Ok quot Attached is a HJT Log if it helps Thanks in advanceLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS Hanging On Shut Down Screen Help Welcomed system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINDOWS system slserv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system drivers Icon exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Apps Powercinema PCMService exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC PROGRA ntl BROADB SMARTB MotiveSB exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADE EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exeC Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exeC Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL file C APPS IE offline uk htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http format packardbell com cgi-bin redi hase key OEM R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Packard BellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pacO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Web Accelerator Helper - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dllO - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-... Read more

A:Hanging On Shut Down Screen Help Welcomed

Hi
Dont want to bump but any chance someone could have a look
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51131/hanging-on-shut-down-screen-help-welcomed/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I have just upgraded to Win Pro from Win Ultiamate and hanging Shut downs + Internet so far its been ok'ish but i have a few questions Internet connection - On win as soon as i was in desktop i could load IE instantly but now it takes about seconds to connect to the internet suspect something is hanging but how do i find out what and fix it Drivers all checked and appear to be up to date Shut down - To shut down in Win i used to click start gt Shutdown and the computer would tun off within seconds But with Win shut down which is so awkward the screen turns off but the computer stays on for about min any ideas And if or how i can make it so that i can shut down the 'old' way Loading Time Internet + Shut downs hanging Is there a way that i can speed up the loading time Its quick but i have seen Internet + Shut downs hanging other peoples loading a lot quicker Mine tends to load on the Win logo for a bit longer - I know this is not exactly a problem but i like to optimise Internet + Shut downs hanging my machine for the best fastest possible if that makes sense OS size - Win Pro takes up GB of space on my SSD - is that right I have managed to delete the Win old file using system clean up that saved me gb but its still using a lot - gb Thanks so much for your help guys

A:Internet + Shut downs hanging

#4. That seems to be high, Windows OS takes up 16GB/20GB disk space , depending if you have 32/64bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17646-internet-shut-downs-hanging.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just got an HP Laptop and it seems every second or third time I try shutting down a message saying ccApp.exe is not functioning correctly appears. Windows gives me the option to end task or cancel. I click end task and wait and wait and nothing happens with the shut down. I click shut down again and wait and...nothing. I am forced to hold the power button to shut the HP down - which according to the instruction manual is Not a healthy way of turning off the laptop.

1) Is this true?

After googling I have found that ccApp.exe is associated with Norton anti-virus and is critical for the internet and email scan to function correctly. I only have a 60 day trial of Norton which came pre-installed and it is already giving me headaches.

2) Has anyone else heard of this problem or better yet, experienced it and found a solution?

Thanks!

A:ccApp.exe - hanging laptop in shut down

The best solution is to complete remove Norton from the computer. There are plenty of other free anti-virus programs that will keep you adequately protected. There are numerous posts in this forum that expose the fact the Norton is a resource hog that will affect overall performance. You may even need to download a utility to remove all affected registry values associated with the program.

What version of Norton is it?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ccapp-exe-hanging-laptop-in-shut-down.489450/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all I have just upgraded to Win Pro from Win Ultiamate and so far its been ok'ish but i have a few questions Internet connection - On win as soon as i was in desktop i could load IE instantly but + downs hanging Internet Shut now it takes about seconds to connect to the internet suspect something is hanging but how do i find out what and fix it Drivers all Internet + Shut downs hanging checked and appear to be up to date Shut down - To shut down in Win i used to click start gt Shutdown and the computer would tun off within seconds But with Win shut down which is so awkward the screen turns off but the computer stays on for about min any ideas And if or how i can make it so that i can shut down the 'old' way Loading Time Is there a way that i can speed up the loading time Its quick but i have seen other peoples loading a lot quicker Mine tends to load on the Win logo for a bit longer - I know this is not exactly a problem but i like to optimise my machine for the best fastest possible if that makes sense OS size - Win Pro takes up GB of space on my SSD - is that right I have managed to delete the Win old file using system clean up that saved me gb but its still using a lot - gb Thanks so much for your help guys

A:Internet + Shut downs hanging

#4. That seems to be high, Windows OS takes up 16GB/20GB disk space , depending if you have 32/64bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17646-internet-shut-downs-hanging.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So, I reformatted my computer again. Did some SFC scans before I installed any Microsoft updates and all scans were clean. Did all the updates, drivers, program installations. Couple days later I decide to check with SFC and found some errors. There's also errors at the source, meaning I can't replace them correct? This seems kind of stupid. Always having corrupted files no matter how many times I reformat.

A:Corrupted Files + Unable to Repair + Corrupted Source

Hello ecko69x

From the last entry in your report below, it looks like they have been repaired, and you are good to go.

"Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired"

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/274143-corrupted-files-unable-repair-corrupted-source.html
Relevancy 54.18%
Relevancy 54.18%

Since installing Windows 10, I need to print a DVD database that I created on Microsoft Works Suite 2005. The error message I receive is "no default printer" or some such wording. The default printer IS set, and printing from any other site or app works fine. The laptop is a Lenovo, and the printer is Kodak. However, I do not see that the problem is in either of those, since it prints other things. When I look at compatibility for Windows 10, it reads that the Works 2005 is compatible. Please help, as frustration abounds. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-database-from-microsoft-works-with-windows-10.1153754/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all,
We are all aware that Microsoft Windows 8 is one of thebiggest shakeup of their flagship Windows operating system then company hasever made. It?s one of those changes that will either beloved or hated. Lookingthrough the Microsoft Compatibility Centre, there aren?t enough people givingfeedback to Microsoft. 1 ? 4 aren?t enough. The more people giving positive feedbackto Microsoft the better this will be for other users to use as a referenceguide.
Therefore, my I make a valid suggestion. If you?re betatesting or just using Windows 8 RP then log in with your Microsoft Windows LiveID and give Microsoft feedback on drivers, software, hardware, whatever areinstalling. For example, your motherboard drivers (if you have done a freshinstall) you managed to install all of your drivers with no issues. Logon andtell others they work.
Thanks

Windows 8 Release Preview Compatibility Center: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

A:Compatibility Center for Windows 8 RP (if it works tell Microsoft)

Thank you, Jason. Very helpful! Welcome aboard!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7317-compatibility-center-windows-8-rp-if-works-tell-microsoft.html
Relevancy 54.18%

This is my antivirus report

05/05/2012 13:21
Scan of all local drives

File C:\Users\Ace Pieda\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tfsknu0g.default\CT2786678\Dialogs.zip|>Dialogs\Defua ltImages\icon.png Error 42125 {ZIP archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Windows\Installer\7317f5.msp|>PCW_CAB_Silver|>systemxmlDLL Error 42127 {CAB archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Windows\Installer\7317f5.msp|>oldTocurrent\01_StringPool Error 42144 {OLE archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Windows\Installer\7317f5.msp|>oldTocurrent\01_StringData Error 42144 {OLE archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Windows\Installer\7317f5.msp|>oldTocurrent\01MsiAssemblyName Error 42144 {OLE archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Windows\Installer\7317f5.msp|>oldTocurrent\01CustomAction Error 42144 {OLE archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Windows\Installer\7317f5.msp|>oldTocurrent\01MsiAssembly Error 42144 {OLE archive is corrupted.}
Number of searched folders: 26201
Number of tested files: 569489
Number of infected files: 0
Pls. help my computer is very lag

A:HELP windows 7 files corrupted how to fix

Hello Crimson, and welcome to Sevenforums!

First, what antivirus are you using?

Second, let this scanner run on your computer to search for infected files: Microsoft Safety Scanner - Antivirus | Remove Spyware, Malware, Viruses Free

See if this helps you with any firefox errors: How to Fix Mozilla Firefox | eHow.com

You are never supposed to run 2 or more antiviruses together on a single computer. Also, to remove any antivirus, you may need a special removal tool to make sure you get all the pieces. In addition to your antivirus, consider installing/updating/running (full scan) the free Malwarebytes software. Good thing to have and highly recommended by most people: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...=dl&tag=button

Finally, run this tool to fix system errors: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - created by Brink

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228171-help-windows-7-files-corrupted-how-fix.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hey there

i just recently installed the trial version of BitDefender Anti-Virus Plus v10, and now i have a big problem. when i try to log into windows normally, one of two things happens. a.) i get nothing but my background, and error messages relating to userinit.exe and dwwin.exe. b.) i get my icons and explorer comes up, but nothing will work and windows is completly useless, along with the above mentioned error messages. everything in windows works in safe mode however, so i think it has something to do with a startup program malfunctioning. please help me.
-kmart812

A:Windows Xp Corrupted Files

Try disabling your startup items while in Safe Mode. A good, free, easy to use program for this is StartupCPL by Mike Lin. Download the Standalone .EXE version ( http://www.mlin.net/files/StartupCPL_EXE.zip ) Extract it, then double click on it to run it. Don't just uncheck everything using it - try a couple at a time so that you can remember what you did in case you stop something essential. In the event that you do, then just open up StartupCPL and recheck the boxes that you'd unchecked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86958/windows-xp-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I am running windows XP on a network in an office and whenever I try and rename a file, or create a new folder, it hangs for about 3 minutes. The weird thing is, if I unplug myself from the network, it does not hang.

It seems like it's trying to access something on the network, maybe a mapped drive or something.

Any ideas?

A:Windows hanging for ~3 minutes when trying to create new folder/rename files etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-hanging-for-3-minutes-when-trying-to-create-new-folder-rename-files-etc.677993/
Relevancy 53.75%

Since December I have had the following problem occur a few times without warning You boot up as normal and everything loads quickly and the computer seems fine But you cannot access the internet and on computer Not shut access down hanging Internet When you open up any browser you just get a blank white screen Yet the router lights are all Not Internet access and computer hanging on shut down lit and the network icon on the desktop shows internet access as normal The only solution is to either reboot or shut down and switch the computer on again In both cases the computer goes to the shutdown screen and hangs All obvious programs were closed before shutting down So you have to switch the computer off at the wall socket On booting up it now takes ages to go from the welcome screen to the desktop During this time you have a blank black screen no display and extensive hard drive activity After about a minute or so you get into windows but the various icons clock etc them take ages to fully appear After several more minutes everything has loaded but even after this if you click any application it takes time to open or load- even txt documents The hard drive light is still busy Finally everything calms down and the computer runs fine And so far internet access is back This type of occasion has happened a few times since it first happened and occured again today On the first occasion I cleaned up the hard drive and also did a scan disc on the next bootup The scan showed nothing wrong- but when it rebooted and started windows automatically just before the welcome screen i got the message quot cleaning up do not turn off computer quot A message I have never seen before This took about minutes of again extensive hard drive activity before windows fully loaded It is a Dell XPS computer i - Processor GHz MB MB of RAM GB AMD Radeon HD S - Sound Card Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Card Sound Card Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Card I have mcafee security centre installed I have not added or removed any software for a year or more apart from adding the Gopro studio in November Nor updated or changed any drivers The last windows updates was on the th Jan No updates had occured before the other occasions I did notice that the most recent macafee update was yesterday I am guessing that it is a piece of software that is preventing the computer from acccesing the net and preventing the computer from closing down correctly Do you think macafee is a good suspect- though have had since I got the computer in mid Any other ideas cheers bill

A:Not Internet access and computer hanging on shut down

Hey mate,

I've heard of McAfee actually being responsible for a few errors such as yours. I will recommend against it for this reason, though others have no problems with it. I personally would use either AVG or Avast!, or stick with security essentials. Up to you to decide. If you do want to remove McAfee, use an uninstaller tool, such as Revo Uninstaller free, before installing another AV program.

Also, see these tutorials for the problem in case you need them:
Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues
Internet Troubleshooting Guide

Ps: McAfee issues usually are the result of an update

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320066-not-internet-access-computer-hanging-shut-down.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When I go to shut down my computer either from start menu or from task manager usually not much happens - I might get disconnected from my wireless but that's about it I sometimes have to repeat the shut down or times and alot of the time I have to shut down by holding the power button Every time I get a message saying that CCApp exe is shutting down My other problem is that most programs that I install do not run properly - this has been in the last two months Speedupmypc Google earth Office Visio etc Some never actually run but they are showing in the task manager as running but I am unable to kill them there Some will open but then I down programs and shut hanging [resolved] issues can't do anything For example - I can type in Word but if I go to change the format or font it will crash every single time I am also putting a thread in Office because this is urgent Then when I try to uninstall programs that are not working it is [resolved] shut down issues and programs hanging often not possible It doesn't matter if I go thru control panel or uninstall on the start menu I am currently trying to uninstall Office right now It was quot gathering required information quot for about minutes but nothing was really happening So then I hit cancel and now it has been cancelling for about minutes but nothing is really happening This is so frustrating Any help would be greatly appreciated I am on XP Merci -

A:[resolved] shut down issues and programs hanging

Try disabling or uninstalling Norton Antivirus (or at least the email scanning option) to fix the CCApp.exe problem, and see if that has any effect on your other programs not running.

Are you using any anti-spyware software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-shut-down-issues-and-programs-hanging-65229.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I hope that I put Microsoft on 9 Windows computer properly working Works not 7 this in the right place So here goes I have two identical HP Compaq computers I bought after one computer running XP died and another computer running Vista had HD problems My problem I installed Microsoft Works Microsoft Works 9 not working properly on Windows 7 computer on both new computers On one computer it works fine but on the other computer it doesn't Now let me see if I can explain this When I am using the word processor and type say a line and then want to highlight the line for whatever reason When I place my cursor at one end of the line left click and hold then try to move the cursor over the text to be highlighted it will hardly ever perform this function correctly Sometimes it will highlight part of the line then stop highlighting But the cursor continues to move and if I don't move the cursor back over the highlighted portion of the line the highlighted portion of the line gets moved to wherever I lift my finger off of the mouse Sometimes it won't even try to highlight anything sometimes it will highlight the line above or below the line I am trying to highlight even though the cursor is on the line I wish to highlight But on the Microsoft Works 9 not working properly on Windows 7 computer other computer I don't have any of these problems Same identical computer Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Microsoft Works 9 not working properly on Windows 7 computer

I have that program on my comp also, and it works fine.
On the problem comp. I would uninstall and reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/305045-microsoft-works-9-not-working-properly-windows-7-computer.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello to all Some unexpected problem recently caused Corrupted to. me files. to allow won't windows Need transfer my windows installation to get corrupted and now I Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to. want to simply Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to. reinstall it and start anew with a fresh install However some important files were in the Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to. directory where windows is installed and now I m having some difficulty in getting them out The windows installation directory was in the local disk C The problem is that I can t boot normally and in safe-mode I tried using my windows boot cd to try and repair windows The commands chkdsk bootcfg rebuild fixmbr and fixboot all did not work I also tried installing windows in another completely unused drive which was D However when I try to do this it says that it is checking the hard disks and freezes when it is checking C after which I am left with no option but to restart The files are inside a folder in C Drive outside the WINDOWS Folder so I was hoping if I could somehow uninstall windows only but can t figure out how to do that Right now I just need a way to copy that folder in C Drive put it in any of the other drives D E or F and then reformat and reinstall The OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack Is there anyway I can get this done Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Need to transfer files. Corrupted windows won't allow me to.

Hi Rydium,

Your best shot might be to make a boot CD that has its own OS self contained. Booting to one of those will allow you to copy your files if they are still readable on the drive.

A BartPE CD or a Linux live CD would do that. Google for those and you'll get plenty of instructions.

There are other ways too but they are command line driven and pretty clumsy for most folks.

There is a possibility that your files will not be visible due to media damage, file system corruption, disk errors, or missing system permissions.

You could also slave the drive in another computer and see if the files are readable.

Good luck. Post back if you have questions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-transfer-files-corrupted-windows-wont-allow-me-to.943596/
Relevancy 53.75%

i have windows ME on my computer and lately it has been doing very strange things even more than usual for one when i try to open documents whether they re video files images or text it converts ME etc. [SOLVED] corrupted Windows files, it to a k exe file that won t open i can t figure out how to change it back i ve lost full movies this way several images and one text document also many of my files html mp jpg no longer open in their default programs they just sit [SOLVED] Windows ME corrupted files, etc. there i looked at the properties and they all say open with some program called quot sysrnj quot i changed them to the defaults tried again and they still don t open by double-clicking i have to open the program and open them from there thirdly the icons for everything seem to change randomly all my jpg s appear with winamp logos my shortcuts are notepad files and my text files are photoshop projects among others these are only a couple of the problems i ve been having if anybody has any suggestions or knows where i can find updates that fix any or all of these problems PLEASE let me know i m afraid i m going to lose important information and it s such a pain to back up a -gig hard drive thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Even though I am new to MT Bleeping Computer forum, I am sure that this is not the first time my issue has been raised. I have been trying to download recent updates from Java and I keep getting a 1603 Error message. After doing some research, I have determined that I have several Windows system corrupted files; I have determined this by running the sfc scannow tool and the report shows several files that could not be repaired.Now I am stuck because I am not sure how to correctly repair these files.I am running Windows 7, and I am current with all Window updates. I have a Dell computer with a AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz, Installed Memory 4.00 GB, and a 64-bit operating system.Do you have any ideas that I can fix these files, I have uploaded the sfc report for your review.Thanks for any given help.Lobo43

A:Windows 7 Corrupted System Files

You might want to have a look at this. It appears a recent Windows Update may be the culprit here, based on the files SFC couldn't repair:
utc.app.json
telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json

http://techish.net/cannot-repair-member-file-utc-app-json-microsoft-update-kb3022345-b0rken/
You may want to just uninstall update KB3022345, and try to reinstall it later.

I'm a little more worried by the fact that cmd.exe can't be repaired.
You may have to copy this file from a computer that has the exact same OS version and the exact same hardware architecture.
More on how to do that is here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833#manually%20repair

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577162/windows-7-corrupted-system-files/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently installed Windows XP Pro on my cpu and during the installation three files were corrupted. All haveing to do with usb. One was usbintel. I dont remeber the rest. I had to skip the intallations of those files to complete install. XP is working just fine but my usb ports do not work at all. Are there any files I could install to make my usb ports work? It says in hardware profiles that there are no drivers installed for this device. Where can i get those files?
Thanks.

A:USB Files corrupted During Windows Xp Install

Try this site for information on XP USB drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-files-corrupted-during-windows-xp-install.97257/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone!sfc can't rapair missing/corrupting files..I had blue screen few days ago, in events log -one critical error from last week , but more same errors from months. (Kernel-Power ID 41 {63})Also there are many smaller errors (Kernel-EventTracing ID 3 / atapi ID 11 / Application Errors / BugChecks etc)Can some1 help? I can upload more logs.Thank's !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627082/windows-7-sfc-cannot-repair-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 53.75%

I notice that after i run these commands in powershell or cmd: sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} .

and run sfc /scannow again, I always get this. . It seems like my windows is always corrupted and I think that is causing my to get start menu, search menu, and task bar issues after standying by.

Anybody know what's wrong with my computer?

EDIT: I have to do a clean install apparently, also the Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register ?$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml?} command broke my apps.

A:Windows files always corrupted even after repairs?

Hi, running the Powershell command has not been recommended since build 10586 (November) came out.. it tends to break apps. You then see @ before their names in the start menu.

To fix this, you are recommended to do an in-place upgrade repair install (you can find instructions in the Tutorials section).

This will:
- keep most of your settings
- keep your programs
- turn system restore off
- restore all Windows apps
- take up to 2 hours
- lose all Windows updates since the last major build (10586)
- create Windows.old

You need a Windows installation medium.

Noted you have a Radeon card: problems have been reported with one dll related to Nvidia cards as regards the cbs .log. You would have to inspect your log to determine what it says.. but that's irrelevant if you do the repair install.

Post back if you still have your other problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41154-windows-files-always-corrupted-even-after-repairs.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This is my first post so be easy on me I am and have been a computer user since the Atari days I have used all versions of Windows since then and have managed to resolve most problems Since Windows and I spend almost as much time trying to maintain Windows as I do using the computer I have several corrupted files and have been unable to repair them I was going to hold out until Windows hoping that it's installation would resolve all issues but decided I'd better enter the process with a functional The corruptions don't seem to effect my programs except for IE which is such a nightmare that have limited my browsing Here are the results of Speccy SFC and DISM http speccy piriform com results zVo sayXO huSYgXGD bLmt SFC https onedrive live com redir resid fa ab ba amp authkey AIiuUm qZyf NyQ amp ithint file clog DISM https onedrive live com redir resid fa ab ba amp authkey AF zCpIjwwjphQQ amp ithint file clog TIA and I will be patiently waiting with baited breath to be rid of my Windows gremlims Brer Rabbit

A:Windows 8.1 updates and corrupted files

If you want you can uninstall KB3022345 update and again execute   DISM  /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command. Read more about the KB3022345 Windows update from below URL link.

Microsoft confirms patch KB 3022345 breaks SFC /scannow
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2926179/microsoft-windows/microsoft-confirms-patch-kb-3022345-breaks-sfc-scannow.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583132/windows-81-updates-and-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All

I bought a new windows 7 home basic edition. I tried installing windows 7 on my laptop after formatting the disk. During the 2nd step of installation Install windows ->Expanding windows it says files may be corrupted please ensure all the files exist before installation.

Please help, I have formatted my laptop and in a total mess.

cheers

A:Corrupted CD, getting an error as corrupted or missing files

I wiped the CD with a piece of cloth and tried again
it worked.
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186347-corrupted-cd-getting-error-corrupted-missing-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I worked with a Dell tech on this problem for days- he even went remotely into my system and could not figure it out He would call me back everyday and go into my system and we would try everything to fix it- all to no avail- spending approximately hours each session I reformatted and installed the drivers in the correct order which is an absolute must The problem started happening on shutdown- it would hang forever iexplore.exe Dell shut down- hanging 4700 Slow and I would either get iexpore exe or iexplorer exe end program- click ok to close- blah blah I would hit ok then it would still take forever to boot down I reformatted it times so everything was fresh clean and updated- the problem still could not be found Frustrating because even though a driver issue would be one of the typical offenders- nothing showed any problems in Device Manager- everything was good Finally I reformatted again and after every single change- rebooted times ARG to track the problem I FINALLY found it- when you update on Windows Update they offer driver updates for the chipset driver and sound drivers- these are NOT compatible and are causing the problem Even though they ARE for my hardware- they do not work- YET they show NO signs of any problem in device manager- odd but true I immediately rolled back the drivers to the original ones and YAY problem solved Has been working perfectly again This took DAYS of hell to trace but Dell 4700 Slow shut down- iexplore.exe hanging I finally did Dell 4700 Slow shut down- iexplore.exe hanging Even the Dell tech was in shock that I figured it out before he could lol- makes us quot so so literates quot look better nbsp

A:Dell 4700 Slow shut down- iexplore.exe hanging

Thanx for sharing, it could help someone else withe a similar problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-4700-slow-shut-down-iexplore-exe-hanging.685653/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello there I'm sadiew I got a HP Pavilion laptop that's been acting up and I hope you guys repair up, go, Hanging works on start sometimes system no can lend me a hand Yesterday I got my laptop back after weeks to get a fan replaced It loaded kind of slow but not terribly Some shortcuts were missing the programs but it was few and I just reinstalled Avast caught two viruses when I was reinstalling anti-malwarebytes so I cancelled it Driverbooster iobit found and installed dirvers Otherwise my computer was a little slow but normal Today Computer went up to the starting screen and it just hung there I can do safemode and w command prompt Hanging on start up, system repair no go, sometimes works I restarted it and tried system repair but it did nothing What I've tried don't remember the order chkdsk f for c and r for d and c C was found and had no problems apparently but it also had some error communicating with the log or something trying to restore but no restore points even though I had iObit make one a few days ago Ran my anti-viruses in safemode The only program that found anything was TKSS root killer Wasn't able to remove them tho as the comp was responding too slowly Tried booting with last successful settings but it didn't do anything Bootlogging which leads me to Now somehow my computer started up I think it may be because I just waited a lot longer to turn comp off so I could see what bootlog got It loaded insanely slow and there is still something wrong But everything is going at normal speed now like windows and chrome like it had just started up as usual I think the issue may have to do with the drivers because I've been reading about that in other places but with new drivers I have no idea how to see if one of them is the offender Thanks tl dr Computer was fine yesterday except slow Installed drivers Everything ok-good Today hanging up at windows start up Things that I believe didn't work system repair system restore restore points missing chkdsk r and f loading in last successful settings restarting etc Went through this time after I tried bootlogging but may just be I waited without turning off my comp longer than usual Maybe drivers are the problem Thanks

A:Hanging on start up, system repair no go, sometimes works

Hello Sadie and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry to hear you're having these problems.

Since you've indicated there may be some malware on your computer, I'd see if your installed anti-malware programs can remove whatever is infecting your machine. It may take a longer than normal time to run the scans but as long as the software is still scanning/removing I'd be patient and see if will finish (even if it takes several hours.) You could also try running a free software called Malwarebytes. (Always make sure to read the fine print on any downloads so you don't accidentally install unwanted "stuff" like toolbars, other software, etc.)

https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/

I'd also try running a System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt (Option Two.) If problems are found, run the scan at least 3 times and reboot your computer immediately following each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

It's also possible that an application or service is interfering with a normal start up. You could do a Clean Boot (AKA Clean Startup) and try to isolate any offenders.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

And one of the Forum experts prepared a troubleshooting guide with some additional things to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319987-hanging-start-up-system-repair-no-go-sometimes-works.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I would like to have Candara as the default font for the above programs instead of it reverting to Times New Roman each time.

Is this possible please?

Thank you

A:how to change default font Windows Mail and Microsoft Works

I would like to have Candara as the default font for the above programs instead of it reverting to Times New Roman each time.Is this possible please?Thank youkeeb ? Here?s a link you should check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/250307.Hope this helps.Cheers,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223725/how-to-change-default-font-windows-mail-and-microsoft-works/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello When Error 2000 Microsoft Driver - - Device XP Windows Pro. Works I tried to acess any one of the Microsoft Works applications my system reboots When I am done logging in the computer sends an error report to Microsoft According to the report there is some sort of quot Device Driver Error quot https oca microsoft com The quot Error Type quot From https oca microsoft com --- gt Error Caused by a Device Driver Thank you for submitting an error report Unfortunately we cannot provide you with specific information about how to resolve this problem at this time The information that you and other users submit will be used to investigate this Microsoft Works 2000 - Windows XP Pro. - Device Driver Error problem Analysis A device driver installed on your system caused the problem but we cannot determine the precise cause Getting Help Depending on which situation is applicable to you do one of the following If this problem occurred Microsoft Works 2000 - Windows XP Pro. - Device Driver Error after you installed a new hardware device on your system the problem might be Microsoft Works 2000 - Windows XP Pro. - Device Driver Error caused by the driver for the device If you know the manufacturer of the device contact the manufacturer s product support service for assistance Some software such as firewall and anti-virus software also installs drivers If this problem occurred after you installed new software the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem If you know the manufacturer of the software contact the manufacturer s product support service for assistance If you don t know the driver s manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem contact your computer manufacturer s product support service Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site At Windows Update you can have your computer scanned and if there are updated drivers available Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use To learn more about updated drivers that might be available visit Microsoft Windows Update For information about Microsoft support options visit Microsoft Product Support Services -Quote Ends- I don t know how That means any number of things Can anybody asist me The only thing I ve installed lately is my new Ethernet card and my DSL nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-windows-xp-pro-device-driver-error.165309/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi Gang I don t know how it happened I probably got overly ambitious with a disk cleanup utility and now several functions of windows don t work been are lots Windows my files have corrupted or 7 Help, of missing New updates don t install other updates that I DID install are missing I am unable to run certain games and I can t run SFC scannow However virus scan updates appear to be fine What is the best way to fix this I have an old backup I did with Norton Ghost on disk but something is wrong with the second disk so I can t use to to reinstall the entire backup but I might be able to extract some old files if I knew which ones to extract I am running Window Seven Home Premium It is a legal copy I got it directly from Microsoft If I try to run SFC scannow from Windows I cannot get it to show up or do anything Its like I never did anything If I try to run SFC scannow from the boot CD using this command sfc scannow offbootdir f offwindir f windows Help, lots of my Windows 7 files have been corrupted or are missing I get this error messge Windows Resource Protection Could not run the repair service IF I try to Help, lots of my Windows 7 files have been corrupted or are missing run the repair outlined here http www winhelponline com blog f the-repair-service-when-running-sfc-in-vista I get an error saying Windows cannot find the file specified My computer specs are desktop Drive C W Home Premium GB NTFS IDE Drive D WinXP Pro sp GB NTFS IDE Drive E Storage gb IDE Drive F and G DVDR s Seagate GB Sata Storage Partitions Seagate GB USB Storage Partitions external Phenom II ghz Help, lots of my Windows 7 files have been corrupted or are missing CPU GB DDR Ram Nvidia GT PCIE GB video card Creative bit sound card ASROCK M A DE Mobo Earthlink DSL bps Floppy drive K dialup Optical Mouse Keyboard amp quot CRT nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Some of my C:\Windows\Media files appear to have been corrupted. When I try to preview sounds, some of them play and some don't. My Windows Startup sounds distorted. (I am running Windows XP Home). Can I restore them from my installation disk? What is the safest way to do this? I would appreciate any input.

Relevancy 52.89%

About half a year ago, give or take, I ordered a Windows 8 OEM disk to install on my laptop. Machine runs fine, even upgrading to the 8.1 Preview and eventually to 8.1, and dual-booting Ubuntu GNOME. Life is good.

The most recent system update, however, continuously fails for some reason, giving me no error messages.
I've tried running sfc /scannow and DISM commands, but both of those fail, saying that there are corrupted system files preventing them from working.

The normal way to fix corrupted system files with Windows 8 would be to Refresh. However, I can't refresh with my install disk because it's not an 8.1 disk. I've tried using the trick with creating a useable ISO file, but that trick fails because the Product Key I'm using is a developer's license, not retail.

Any more ideas without starting from scratch? Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Update fails -- corrupted files?

Delete everything under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DownloadRe-run Dism first:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthThen run: sfc /scannow
Note: You might have to run sfc multiple times until you get a clean message

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45810-windows-update-fails-corrupted-files.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Need urgent help here.
My pc last nite hang on me out of the blue n cant be restarted.
after the starting windows screen(black screen with the white bars loading), i will get the following message:
"windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
\windows\system32\config\system"
the system prompt me to insert the win xp cd to go to repair console, which i did but i do not know how to use it. the recovery mode is in dos mode with a limited set of functions which i cant find any of them useful to my cause.
i m using win xp sp2 on a P3 733mhz comp.
PLS HELP!!!!!!!!

A:Cant Start Windows: System files corrupted

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at the following thread.

www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-start-windows-system-files-corrupted.17469/
Relevancy 52.89%

I m going to put my previous post regarding my problems with corrupted DLL files following a clean install after a major crash This is for background purposes Just finished a clean install of Windows XP Home Computer had black screen with error message I made several attempts at repairing system using the original install disk Did multiple malware and virus sweeps Finally got it working again but it refused to update Windows Security files constant crashes hangs Automatic DLL by Files Corrupted Windows Downloads etc After more repair attempts and malware sweeps gave up and did clean install after backing up my files After spending hours on the process of the clean install installing antivirus software browsers and security updates the most recent Windows updates were installed as I restarted for the th time DLL Files Corrupted by Windows Automatic Downloads today whereupon the next bootup was preceded by the computer running CHKDSK on the blue screen It tried to continue the boot then went into a cycle of rebooting after the Windows loading screen before you enter your personal account Everytime this happened I saw a blue screen with white type flashing by for a fourth of a second DLL Files Corrupted by Windows Automatic Downloads I couldn t start in safe mode but I managed to stop the automatic restart and here s what the message on the blue screen said STOP C b BAD IMAGE The application or DLL C WINDOWS System GDI dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette What are these quot Windows images quot I get more error messages hangs and crashes from these than anything else Bad image what is that BTW upon running a boot time scan with Avast I discovered a Win worm that snuck in with my first download of Windows updates Avast quarantined it Another point - I had just managed to downlaod and install IE and all the Security updates etcetera from Windows before the DLL Files Corrupted by Windows Automatic Downloads CHKDSK ran and the machine stopped working I ve spent a solid week trying to resurrect this machine The hard drive is less than two years old Seems a little soon for it to be going bad I appreciate very much any help in solving this problem Thank you My current problem is that whenever I install automatic downloads of updates from Microsoft I end up with more missing and or corrupt system files DLL files mainly for now but who knows if it ll spread to other kinds I can t boot my computer without having to run Windows Repair Console to expand and retrieve undamaged files from the installation disk to be installed into the System folder on my hard drive Does anyone have an idea why this is happening I think I need those Microsoft updates but I ve turned them off until I find out what s going on Thanks very much SteveB

A:DLL Files Corrupted by Windows Automatic Downloads

No one needs to use the auto-update function...it's pretty easy to just go to Windows/Microsoft update and download every critical update from there.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403004/dll-files-corrupted-by-windows-automatic-downloads/
Relevancy 52.89%

So windows 8 was trying to install an update like it does every couple days but kept failing and undoing changes, this process had become very annoying due to this being a new laptop, anyway yesterday the update failed but the computer stopped working so i had to switch it off. i turned it back on and it went to 35% download done and then just skipped it.
once i logged on the computer was running like a slug, could barely open anything on the computer.
i ran it in safe mode and spent most of the day trying to figure it out but im not great with computers so i got to the point of making (sfc.details) folder and finding the errors.
im not really sure where to go from here and would really appreciate some help.

thanks in advance.

sfcdetails.rar

A:Help, corrupted files stopping windows 8 from running.

I found these errors---

Code:
2015-06-21 15:36:08, Info CSI 000009d4 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

2015-06-21 15:36:10, Info CSI 000009d6 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-06-21 15:36:10, Info CSI 000009d7 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:166{83}]"Package_2709_for_KB3000850~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.1.8.3000850-6825_neutral_GDR"
CSI 00000fd4 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-06-21 15:45:44, Info
CSI 00000fdb [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-06-21 15:45:44, Info CSI 00000fdc [SR] This component was referenced by [l:166{83}]"Package_2709_for_KB3000850~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.1.8.3000850-6825_neutral_GDR"

Have you tried running-

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in admin cmd prompt ?

Then running sfc /scannow ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67581-help-corrupted-files-stopping-windows-8-running.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just upgraded to release 14942.1000 and still, I cannot paste files to my three network drives.
I can copy files from my drives to any computer on my network but, trying to paste a file, regardless of size,
to my network drives ends in disaster. I am sure someone knows something about this but to date,
I have not been able to find anything.
This issue doesn't come up with my main machine or the other 4 on my network as they can all copy/paste
no worries to the network drives, it ONLY happens to the insider machine. Any ideas people?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/66361-transfered-files-corrupted-windows-10-insider.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I currently run win and my original disc is for win as I upgraded via win updates to As I was not able to start Win Defender I ran an sfc san from the prompt to see if Files Windows Defender cannot start Corrupted I had any corrupted sys files The scan showed I did have corrupt files and Corrupted Windows Files cannot start Defender that I needed to put my original disc in to fix them My problem is that my disc is for win not When I try to use I get the error this disc is not valid I know I can Corrupted Windows Files cannot start Defender create media via windows download center for but my download speed is so slow via cell phone tower that it never completes I was just very lucky to get updates for via win updates I live in the Philippines broadband is just not available here I ran the sfc scan and will post the results in an upload Can you tell from this that my system is ok If not how can I repair the bad files without media I know defender will not run if another virus program is on the pc But I uninstalled all other virus programs and it still will not run I think maybe other virus programs invalidate some sys files when they are installed Thanks for any help and advice you can give me Dave Leonard sfc results - - Info CSI a SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI b SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Verify complete - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI f SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI b SR Verify complete - - Info CSI c SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI d SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI e SR Verify complete - - Info CSI f SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI a SR Verify complete - - Info CSI b SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI c SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI d SR Verify complete - - Info CSI e SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI f SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI a SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI b SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Verify complete - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI f SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588639/corrupted-windows-files-cannot-start-defender/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey, I'm using a Windows 8.1 64-bit OS and have been running into a few BSOD problems (notable REFERENCE_TO_POINTER and BAD_HEADER_POOL errors). I've tried testing my memory using memtest86 and checking for viruses to no avail. A recent SFC scan has come up with a few corrupted files but I'm not sure how to fix 'em.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 8.1: How to fix corrupted files found by SFC /SCANNOW?

Hello MrTastix, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since this is a Windows 8.1 issue, I would recommend to post at our sister site www.eightforums.com instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370453-windows-8-1-how-fix-corrupted-files-found-sfc-scannow.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got a hdd that had the majority of the Windows and My Documents files sent to the Recycling Bin. The hdd gets a NTLDR error message when I try to boot from it, I've tried repairing the boot.ini, the ntdetect.com, and the NTLDR files, but it still gives the same error message. Basically, Windows is screwed and unrecoverable. The issue is however that I need to get the My Documents files from out of the Recycling Bin. I've tried booting the hdd as a slave on my computer and going into the C:\Recycler file but all it does is show the files that are in my master's Recycling Bin. I know these files are in the Recycling Bin on the slave drive, god knows SOMEWHERE, but I can't figure out how to get to them. Can anyone help me on this? Please? Pretty please?

A:URGENT: Corrupted Windows on HDD, need recycling bin files- HELP!!!

I'm not sure if this will solve the problem but it's worth a try.
http://download2.lsoft.net/Undelete-Demo-Full.exe

This is the latest version (demo) of a program I used to use called [email protected] Undelete. It is a recovery tool for deleted files. I stress that I haven't used it in a while and this version never. Also I don't know how far the demo stretches but as I said worth a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-corrupted-windows-on-hdd-need-recycling-bin-files-help.250570/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I turn on the laptop and go through post boot all I see I on the screen is the cursor just blinking. No error messages. I removed the hard drive from the computer and putting on a docking station in order to open it through windows to see if the computer sees the hard drive. I see two partitions one for the operating system and one for storage. The one that has the operating system asks to be formated as soon as I turn on the docking station. I can't format it because I have programs and files that are in there that I need to use. I know there has to be a fix for this. I have tried using windows recovery environment going into cmd and using all the commands there. Maybe there is something I missed. Can anyone help me...? Thank you in advance.

A:Startup files Corrupted on windows 7 professional

If you can access recovery environment you have plenty of recovery/repair options
Can you let us know what you have/haven't tried

Have a look at gregs excellent tutorial on troubleshooting win 7 fail to boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/354627-startup-files-corrupted-windows-7-professional.html
Relevancy 52.89%

ok, ive tried to register the jscript.dll and jscript9.dll because i was having issues with skype not loading at all due to javascript not working.. did that and it still doesn't work.. I also reset internet explorer 11 and made sure scripting was enabled and still a no go. So I decided to run sfc /scannow only to be told this

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

so i booted in to safemode and still the same thing comes up.. if you need the log ill gladly past it, fair warning its LONG!

also I got the sfcdetails log that ill go ahead and attach, anyone that can help me out? thanks in advanced

A:Javascript/system files corrupted in windows 8.1

I want to also say nothing has worked.. everytime it says it repaires them the problem still persists, and now can not open the windows store, settings app or anything of the sorts..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518679/javascriptsystem-files-corrupted-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Windows Pro and a HP Envy Notebook I am able to boot into Windows and had no apparent problems when everything froze up yesterday while working in Quicken After waiting several minutes with no change and and unresponsive keyboard and touchscreen I pressed control alt del and I got a blank BSOD After waiting several more minutes I pressed the button down for several seconds to turn off the notebook removed battery reinserted battery and then Windows unable fix to /scannow 8.1 sfc corrupted Pro files turned the the notebook back on After rebooting into Windows there were no apparent problems I decided to run sfc scannow and discovered that there are several corrupted files that cannot be repaired I ran the scan several times rebooting each time but the corrupted files persisted Where do I go from here Thank you BTW in the Event Viewer there were no application Windows 8.1 Pro sfc /scannow unable to fix corrupted files errors I did see several MCUpdate errors which began on today is Again thank you for any help I'm not very computer literate so I have no idea where to go from here and am hoping I do not have to do a reinstallation I do have the HP rescue discs however that I burned when I got the computer along with a thumb drive that enables me to boot up although again I have no problem booting into windows I use Firefox never Windows Explorer FWIW Thanx

A:Windows 8.1 Pro sfc /scannow unable to fix corrupted files

Type this into an elevated command prompt:

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

Tell me the results.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/68652-windows-8-1-pro-sfc-scannow-unable-fix-corrupted-files.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So yeah i have this problem for over month and more now. Everytime i download anything,it's corrupted. If it is mp3,winrar file or anything. I can't even update origin or steam i get the same thing. I changed provider from BT to Virgin and yet i have the same issue. I'm connected through an wifi adapter. Could anyone help me resolve this ? It's so annoying.
+bonus , if i download anything through torrent, it always works.

A:Windows 7 - Every Time I Download Corrupted Files

Ok solved it by myself since this page is great and helpful !

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344151-windows-7-every-time-i-download-corrupted-files.html