Windows Support Forum

How do I recover lost emails and docs after computer formatted?

Q: How do I recover lost emails and docs after computer formatted?

I went and reformatted my computer, (major issues with it)
Long story short I don't have any of my saved outlook emails etc.
Is there anyway of recovering them? I thought that I did find some but they are
only like shortcuts or it says that I can't open it due to the path etc.

Its for work and I really need my stuff. I would appreciate any help at all.
It was running on Windows XP and had outlook 2007

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I recover lost emails and docs after computer formatted?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do I recover lost emails and docs after computer formatted?

You will probably need to use a data recovery program. Most of these are rather expensive however, there are a few free ones around. I've used Pandora Recovery for a lot of clients and had rather positive results.

It is a free download and pretty straight forward to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-recover-lost-emails-and-docs-after-computer-formatted.130668/
Relevancy 67.08%

I deleted an important email by mistake, how can I get it back? WIN 7; Office 2010 Thanks. I'll give you more information if necessary. Oh by the way there is no emails in recycle bin. So it's completely deleted from my computer.

A:How to recover my emails deleted from my computer?

If it has been deleted from your local machine and is NOT in the "Deleted" folder and NOT on your ISP server, then I do not think you will ever see it again.

If you know who sent it to you, they may still have the data and/or even a "Sent" copy that can be resent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-my-emails-deleted-from-my-computer.1130906/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am staying in Hanoi Vietnam and downloaded photos onto a computer at the hotel I m staying in The photos did go on the computer so I erased them from my camera and then I was about to copy them onto a on How photos to computer recover lost USB stick when I accidentally kicked the power cord and the computer shut down When I started it again the photos were gone I downloaded some more photos to the computer and disconnected power and started it again and the same thing happened I am assuming it is in some mode that the hotel has set up so it will not store anything that guests download Is there a way I can recover the photos I am assuming it must be done thru administrator or something the only problem is the hotel owners don t speak English so I have no idea how to explain this to them to get the administrator password Please anyone help me nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

How to recover the OS when (C:) is formatted?

After formatting the (C:) during the recovery process, the PC crashed last week. The (C:) partition is now empty and can be accessed normally.

The PC runs now.

I have the recovery DVD disks.
And the optical device functions normally.

How to recover the OS with these recovery DVD disks back onto the original(C:)?

Thanks.

A:How to recover the OS when (C:) is formatted?

The formatting would show the drive empty but many data recovery programs can get the data back.

However, they are typically not free since the data is hard to get back.

You can try this free one here:

Hard disk recovery software | recover data from hard disc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-recover-the-os-when-c-is-formatted-878105.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I accidentally formatted by E drive when I meant to click the F drive. How do I recover the data on my E drive? I haven't done anything to the partition since then.

I have several videos, music, and word files on it. I can always download the movies and videos again, but the word files take me a few hours worth of typing to remake.

Any suggestions?

A:Recover a formatted partition

Recuva might be able to help, but I can make no promises. Also, did you did a full or quick format?

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106189-recover-formatted-partition.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently reinstalled XP and mistakenly did a quick format of my data drive and have lost files ie:- ebooks, pdf documents,documentaries, movies (avi) that i would like to recover, I wouldn't have minded if it was my D drive as i have it backed up
the drive in question is 750GB in three partitions 70gb C:windows partition,160gb Drogram files,467gb G:data storage
the G drive partition isn't deleted as it is listed in disk management as free space
i use an external drive to backup my data but in this case i hadn't done one for a while
Is there a program i can use to recover the partition ?
from reading other peoples posts most seem to have deleted their partitions and the programs recommended are pretty expensive i don't want to pay big bucks if a free program will restore the partition
any help would be appreciated

A:Recover formatted drive

You might try one of These freeware suggestions.

I've seen This recover files from a Formatted HDD when others wouldn't .. But that was a long time ago.
The trial DL will see if it can read the Drive .. But you have to buy it to recover the Data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-formatted-drive.908496/
Relevancy 61.06%

Had XP Pro SP fully updated and ZA fully updated I accidently formatted my Main harddrive when trying to solve a problem with lsass exe The drive was ok the night before shutting down next day on start-up it would not boot with the message quot lsass exe not completed quot Could not get into safe Mode either Tried Windows XP Pro CD to do a recovery nothing Using DOS tried to Formatted - Hdd Recover ??? Spotmau rename C windows system config security to security bak It would not do it Tried chkdsk etc but C was not accessable in any direction Also I have a partition Don this drive of approx G this is not seen either As I had a second drive G split equally E with a partition F I selected drive E in the menu to format and install windows But the installation process did the C drive not the one I selected The main drive is a G drive partitioned to have G and G its now shown as G only so my smaller partition is not shown or its contents I used Spotmau and can Recover Formatted Hdd - Spotmau ??? recover I think all the files of the G So my questions are - Using spotmau and saving the files how can I rid of this lsass exe problem within the files Can I use these files back onto the original G drive or whats best to do with them as I have documents photos music videos and emails favourites which would like them back Thanks How do I get access to my old D partition which I can t see How do I get my nbsp

A:Recover Formatted Hdd - Spotmau ???

OK

I've got most of the files back but some are just icons with jibberish.

Does this mean they are corrupt or saved in another format ????

Is there another better program to fully recover my files ????

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-formatted-hdd-spotmau.870760/
Relevancy 61.06%

Is it possable to recover the files from a formatted drive.
The drive was formatted with partition Magic 7.0 .
Any software download out their that might do that?
Thank you,

Relevancy 60.2%

i wanted to upgrade my windows 7 home premium to enterptise. a friend provided me with the software. i was hoping that it will give options to upgrade unfortumately it didnt it just ran automatically and formatted my hard drive and installed the new software but have lost all my important information there. can i
be able to retreave anything back?

A:Can I recover my files and data after they have been formatted?

I'm not an expert but formatting is a bit like cremation I think ! Trés finale

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-recover-my-files-and-data-after-they-have-been-formatted.179541/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have two identical drives a C and a D drive C was need formatted to recover data Help! disk from set up as primary and D as secondary The C drive had winxp pro Help! need to recover data from formatted disk and my programs on it and the D drive was my storage drive for all my music and important files I decided to reinstall winXP on my C drive and it kept giving me problems so I decided to install Linux Fedora on it instead I am getting an external drive in a couple of days and figured I d just reinstall winXP on the C Help! need to recover data from formatted disk drive and remove fedora when it got here then move my music and data from the D drive to the external Then I would reformat both C and D drives and sell them When looking in the case I mistook one for the other and reformatted my secondary D drive then installed fedora Core onto it During install I instructed it to remove all OS s and reformat everything I had about gigs of data and fedora core is only gigs or so Now I have my D drive formatted with Fedora core and my C drive as it was with Win XP and my programs Can I set the C drive as primary again and plug in the D drive as secondary then from disk management change the D drive back to a windows format like NFTS or what ever and then run some program to get my data back Please Help all my stuff is on that disk Tim nbsp

A:Help! need to recover data from formatted disk

It would endanger any remaining data to try to change the file system yet again. Chances are you may have lost the data the first time.

Try scanning the drives with these programs. Look under the "Others" menu in Restoration and choose "Scan All Clusters". These are free and good and will give a good idea if anything remains of your files (if they allow access to an Ext2FS file system from Windows---I don't know).

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-need-to-recover-data-from-formatted-disk.335458/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi,

I have unfortunately formatted my logical drive without my knowing.
But i cancelled after done formatting 1%.

later i've installed a software and recovered everything.
But all the files are corrupted. All those items are very important to me
What is the solution for me now

Regards,
Durga S

A:Solution to Recover the formatted files?

GetDataBack is the best data recovery software I've found. If you installed the recovery software on the target (formatted drive to be recovered) drive, you have degraded the data and probably caused the data corruption. A simple format alone will not destroy data, however installing software and overwriting the old data will destroy the data.

If the data is valuable, stop using the drive immediately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solution-to-recover-the-formatted-files-692640.html
Relevancy 60.2%

A friend gave me a floppy she keeps her Christmas card list on. She said she's used this disk for 4 years and keeps it in a floppy storage box at home. She tried to open it this year and it says the disk in drive A is not formatted. (no magnets, no spilled eggnog, etc)

Is there an easy, free way to try to recover this? I don't want to put TOOOO much effort into this, but I'll give it a shot if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks, guys

Relevancy 60.2%

I badly need help i tried all of the recovery tools available online I quick formatted my Windows XP x and Installed Windows Server Enterprise the file i need was overwritten by This file is overwritten with quot F WINDOWS system dllcache wdsound d dll quot Click to expand and has poor recovery status I ll post below the entire logs Code Filename backup sql Path F BACKUP Size MB State Poor Creation time Last modification time Last access time Comment This file is overwritten with quot F WINDOWS system dllcache wdsound d dll quot file cluster s overwritten cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset Solved: formatted overwritten has to recover How that been HDD cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at Solved: How to recover formatted HDD that has been overwritten offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s allocated at offset cluster s al... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi. I have a Dell Optiplex 320. I have two internal hard drives. Drive C and Drive D. I formatted drive C and reinstalled Windows XP Pro because my computer was having issues. Before I formatted I moved all of my important work files on drive D. I figured after I formatted I would be able to move those files and access them but when I click on Drive D it says, "The disk drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?". How did this happen? I really need these files for work. I never did anything to change drive D and it was formatted before.

What should I do to recover those files?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello dear brothers,
iam very sad and unhappy also iam in tention plz help me '
suddenly have formated my partion .
And there was alot of my editing and recovery and other alot of softwares was in it now my partition is empty and i want to recover my all softwares i tried alot but softwares not recovering plz brothers help me plz help me iam very worry because i want to recover my all softwares
plz urgent help me plz how to recover that all softwares help me hope u will help me.

A:Formatted partition and want to recover software

Take a look at this:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-formatted-partition.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-partition-and-want-to-recover-software.178895/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a hard drive that I wiped out with the Symatech ghost 7.5 utility GDisk. The command I used was Gdisk 1 /diskwipe which wipes the drive clean back to a non partitioned drive.

Does anyone out there know of an over the counter utility that might work in recovering data from this type of wiped drive.

I am prepared to send it to a data recovery center but I would welcome any other alterantives.

Thanks

Rumble2003

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys. I recently lost all the data on my hdd. I was hoping to use a file recovery software to get my files back. Could you please tell me what software I could use that will get me my files in the folder structure that it was once before? Thanks.

A:How to recover formatted HDD with folder structure

How did you lose your data?

Accidental deletion? Partition failure?

Generally--if you lost the partitions and didn't actually delete the files, I'd try something like Partition Wizard and attempt to recover the entire partition--your files may just be sitting there as usual.

On the other hand, if the files were deleted, you can try something like Recuva.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/347980-how-recover-formatted-hdd-folder-structure.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i recently formatted a drive with some valuable data on it. Then to make the problem even worse, i then copied 90gb of data onto the formatted drive. does this mean that the original data is permanently overwritten?

its a 500gb drive so im hoping it cant have overwritten all of it.

iv tried Easeus Data recovery and Recuva. Both say they find files when scanning but when the scan is finished they say there is nothing there to recover.

Any help would be much appreciated

et

Relevancy 60.2%

So here s my situation I switched a friend s laptop from Kubuntu Linux over to Windows XP So this involved backing up his files formatting the drive to NTFS and then installing XP Then I realized that I didn t backup a number of important files I would very much like to recover as many of these files as possible I see that there are many data recovery applications available for Windows XP and a number of them say they can recover files after a format I started to get concerned though when I saw a lot of them saying how they take advantage of the NTFS file structure to recover files and it seemed like a lot of them assume that you had an NTFS formatted drive prior to formatting it and erasing everything However as I said Kubuntu was on there so it recover need the to drive, files! Formatted was formatted for Linux It s called Formatted the drive, need to recover files! ext formatting isn t it Will this present any problems for recovering the files what is my best course of action and if there is hope for solutions what are the best applications for this that you can recommend Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Did an upgrade to WIN 8.1 and everything kept freezing up. Took a brand new 1T portable drive and copied the entire (or what I thought was the entire) C drive.

Got into the boot screen and did a system restore. WIN 8 works fine, but my portable hard drive copy does not contain any of my documents, videos or pictures.

Tried Recuva and Puran on the original internal hard drive and still can't find any of the missing documents.

Is there hope?

TY in advance,
Jimmy

A:Can't recover any user docs or vids or music after restore

Can you find any files, regardless of type (e.g. dll, exe, ini, log, xml, etc.)?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42057-cant-recover-any-user-docs-vids-music-after-restore.html
Relevancy 59.77%

there is a program called "recover my files" that boasts being able to recover files from a formatted disk, even if you have re-installed windows, is this really possible, is there no way of safely deleting data that doesnt involve destroying the HHD???

A:Solved: recover files from formatted drive

I've no personal experience, but claims made by quite a few of the makers of programs like you mentioned, support the statement that formatted drives / files can be recovered.....and, overwritten data, that is overwritten enough....is very hard to recover but still at least doable by those dedicated enough with the right tools.

In our forums here at TechGuy, we are often asked for help with file recovery, and I have read threads where there was some success with data still being found.

It depends....

Some of the better Data suites claim that recovery of a whole partition is possible.

http://www.google.com/search?q=reco...-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1
There are also, very much more thorough file wiper utilities around that can "shred" files so they are much much less able to be recovered....

Think hard before you install one.... they can instantly cause you a great deal of problems in the wrong hands so it computers areound yu are used by others.....you need to ensure some security.

Or, use the file shredders after the computer is ready to be passed along, or sold.

The only sure way is to physically destroy the drive, a tank would do a good job...... stick it in your woodstove for a few days....

I dunno...personally, I still can use a laptop hard drive that was inside a laptop that exploded, and burned here in my home.

It was in an IBM ThinkPad that had a bad battery and caught fire on my workbench! The whole laptop burned but the drive still works- and, we dumped buckets of water on the burning machine.... hard drives are very durable objects.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recover-files-from-formatted-drive.883224/
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help!

My friend took my digital camera (Cannon SC 650) and accidentally hit the option for "low level format" on her SD card and deleted all my pictures! Is there any way I can recover them?

My friends tried using a "recovery program" with the SD card and SD card reader, but no luck. Any ideas would be very appreciated!!!

-TKD

A:Help - Recover Formatted Digital Camera Pictures??

Does your Canon really do a low level format? Most cameras only do quick format. On a PC, I think XP only does a quick format on memory cards, even though there is a box to click for a full format.

With a quick format, the picture data isn't erased from memory. Only a header info telling where it was located gets erased. As long as nothing gets written into the locations, the file can be potentially recovered.

I just formatted a 256 MB SD card in both a Minolta camera and on my PC and in either case, recovery software was pulling out pictures from as far back as two years ago. I used PC Inspector Smart Recovery, version 4.5, by Convar, run using a card reader.

Anyway, good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-recover-formatted-digital-camera-pictures.628656/
Relevancy 59.77%

It's a Seagate 80GB. I've tried 240940943094 different freeware programs and most seem to just to surface scan. Anyone have any recommendations or is attempting to get files off a formatted drive dismal?

A:Recover files from formatted IDE drive using Vista

Chances are not good. Try the demos of GetDataBack or Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro. If they don't see anything, you're probably out of luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-files-from-formatted-ide-drive-using-vista.671863/
Relevancy 59.77%

Had to re-format hard drive after using a free utility to clean free space on my hard drive. After cleaning system would not boot, got message "New Technology Loader" missing. Dell techs advised me to re-format hard drive and reinstall OS (XP Pro). Did so and of course lost everything including photos of my now departed mother-in-law. I'm in big trouble if I can't get these photos back! Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Recover photos from re-formatted hard drive

helstonian said:

Had to re-format hard drive after using a free utility to clean free space on my hard drive. After cleaning system would not boot, got message "New Technology Loader" missing. Dell techs advised me to re-format hard drive and reinstall OS (XP Pro). Did so and of course lost everything including photos of my now departed mother-in-law. I'm in big trouble if I can't get these photos back! Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Click to expand...

If it is worth that much to you, might be best to take it in to a pro.

In the meantime, don't use it so as to avoid overwriting the files anymore than they already are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-photos-from-re-formatted-hard-drive.704089/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have 3 SCSI Hard Disks... Configured in RAID 5...
now i wanted to install Windows Server 2003 on it so i booted the server from the HP Start Smart Cd and then partitioned it and then installed. But then after completing the installation successfully i came to know that i need to have backed up certain folders also that i didnt do. I used Easeus software to recover the whole partition and it recovered 246 GB of data which is useless...
There are many excel, word files that appear in different versions and then any file doesnt open..
I want some help on this...

THank You

Syed Mohammed Sirajuddin

A:What to do if the hard disk is formatted and we need to recover the data?

the best software i would recommend is Easy Recovery Professional ==>as far as i have experienced, they have the BEST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-do-if-the-hard-disk-is-formatted-and-we-need-to-recover-the-data.928067/
Relevancy 59.77%

Does anyone know of a good tool for saving emails from within Outlook as PDF docs? I am currently running Outlook 2007 on Win XP.

I have PrimoPDF. It mostly works, but gets quite a few errors, especially with equations.

I also tried PDFCreator. That was a disaster and they are spammers.

Here are a few that are available. Does anyone know anything about any of them?

Universal Document Converter ($69), http://www.print-driver.com/. This looks to be a powerful, multi-function tool.
Save As PDF ($29), http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Email-Tools/product/save-as-pdf/.
Cute PDF Writer (free), http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632053/best-tool-for-saving-emails-as-pdf-docs/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I accidently formatted one of my drives which was previously encrypted.
I tried some third party software as "recover my file" but it didn't work.
Later then, I experimented on a formatted (not encrypted before) usb drive to recover files by same software and it did work.
After that, I encrypted the usb drive and then formatted it. Then I tried to recover by same software, but it didn't work. So, it's apparent that it is not possible to recover from a encrypted and formatted drive by a usual recovery software. Is there any
other method that can help me.
Please inform, I'm in a dire need.
Thanks.

A:How can I recover files from a formatted drive which was encrypted by bitlocker.

Hi,

I suggest you contact the local data recovery company to recover the data. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6dd1812a-ab9b-466f-a62d-b0046b0f7a85/how-can-i-recover-files-from-a-formatted-drive-which-was-encrypted-by-bitlocker?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.91%

Does anyone know how i can manually recover my files. I would prefer to do it myself cause its free or if you can point me to some good freeware that will help me recover my files...if not please please please i will pay as long as i know i will get my files back.
i lost lots of mp3's and family pictures....this really sux

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Could you please help me to solve the problem i faced recently Let me explain you what happened in detail Initially I had TB Seagate Expansion Desk HDD partitioned into GB GB GB all three Bitlocker encrypted and more GB unencrypted partition the rest of the space was unallocated Few days ago by mistake while I was creating Windows Recovery Disk chose the wrong drive letter and ended up partition? How deleted/formatted a bit-locker recover to encrypted whole partitions above deleted Here s what I have How to recover a deleted/formatted bit-locker encrypted partition? in HDD now GB Windows Recovery partition and GB unallocated space After that I haven t made any changes to the drive I How to recover a deleted/formatted bit-locker encrypted partition? was able to restore the data from the last unencrypted part by using Getdataback SW but with no luck in my Bitlocker encrypted partitions I would appreciate any advice to restore the bitlockerencrypted partitions as I have the password and recovery keys to decrypt and retrieve my data back Softwares I have Recuva Handy Recovery R-Studio Getdataback M Bitlocker Recovery Starus Partition Recovery TestDisk I can provide the snapshots of the results from recovery softwares should you need them Thank you very much

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a396407b-f190-4b0f-8541-9e9e996c87f5/how-to-recover-a-deletedformatted-bitlocker-encrypted-partition?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.91%

hello,

I need to recover from a formatted external hard drive - buffalo 160gb mini-station Turbo USB, FAT32. The formatted external hard drive has been partitioned into 2.

Is still possible to recover back the files?

On related problem - what is the best software to repair corrupted jpeg? using ulead photo explorer 7se, i managed to view the jpeg with full pixels but when I open the file, the picture displayed is only half and the other half is blank gray.

I have plenty of corrupted mov - is there any mov repairer out there?

Thank you thank you for your help and I really hope someone can kindly attend to my question this time.

Relevancy 58.91%

Ok in my excitement and haste I managed to format and install an OS on the wrong hard drive Long Story and Can Formatted OS... Files???? recover I Hard Drive Installed Short I used to be on hard drives a gig primary and a gb data HD I had thousands and thousands of songs videos pics and software on the gig and somehow when I went to format my new tb drive managed to select the wrong drive instead I lost everything and didn t realize it until it was done I was told by a buddy that there are programs for retrieving lost files and formatted hard drive I have tried a few but they all including EASEUS Data Formatted Hard Drive and Installed OS... Can I recover Files???? Recovery Wizard find all the files the New OS installed rather than what was there beforehand For the specific purpose of not overwriting the files that are still there I haven t used it since aside from installing programs on my new tb drive and trying to use them to salvage the data Is it possible to do what I m trying to do now that I ve installed a new OS What software would you recommend I acquire in order to do it Anything else Thanks so much Eric nbsp

A:Formatted Hard Drive and Installed OS... Can I recover Files????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatted-hard-drive-and-installed-os-can-i-recover-files.785392/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello!
Sorry for my english. I formatted my bitlocker encrypted patition (80GB, about 30GB of data).
I lost all of my data on that patition.
How can i recover data? I dont have recovery key, but i remember the password.
Thanks in advance!

A:How do i recover files from formatted BitLocker encrypted patition

Have a look whether you have a restore point from before you did the encryption. Maybe you can get the files from there. See here how:

ShadowExplorer - Recover Lost Files and Folders

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/342409-how-do-i-recover-files-formatted-bitlocker-encrypted-patition.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My harddrive have 3 partitions. I accidentily formatted the one that I need. The Windows files are not in there, but almost every programs that I installed is installed in that partition. Now, I could launch any program, it says Avast snxhk.dll is missing. If I try to launch a portable program from my use, I get this "file system error (-1073741515)" message. What should I do?

A:[emergency] Recover files from formatted hard drive

If you can run it from one of the other partitions, this may bail you out:

How to Recover formatted Windows 7 partitions with Windows 7 Unformat software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/193400-emergency-recover-files-formatted-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm wondering if there's a way to recover documents that were lost during a PC reset, which are not appear in the auto-backup folder. Initially, after a forced reset, they did appear to be recovered, but then another reset was made, which forced Word to close, with all those documents still unsaved, and after resetting again Word wasn't opened again, and there was another reset before Word was reopened and those documents looked for. But now they don't appear in the auto-recover folder, or in the program history.

Will there be another place these documents are recorded on my PC, and a way which I can reclaim them?

A:Way to recover unsaved word docs that aren't in auto-backup folder?

Your info is a bit vague. When you say auto back up are you referring to System Restore?. Also you mention a number of resets. What actually do you mean by resets or are you referring to reinstalls of Windows.

If you have files that are valuable & you must keep them, then you must have at least one backup of those on separate media. If your main hard drive fails, all your files are on it will be lost. Also if you do a full reinstall of Windows everything on that drive will be lost as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/365012-way-recover-unsaved-word-docs-arent-auto-backup-folder.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone I recently needed to to Drive Hard Data! Need Corrupt/Semi-Formatted Recover - boot to the Command Prompt on my Windows HP Laptop I used the Corrupt/Semi-Formatted Hard Drive - Need to Recover Data! recovery disks I made thinking I could access the CMD from there like I had read online Not finding anything at the main recovery menu screen I clicked on System Reset Restore to attempt to get to CMD from there Ive done a full factory reset times in the past so I didnt plan to actually format my Hard Drive while trying to boot to CMD However I clicked the next button Corrupt/Semi-Formatted Hard Drive - Need to Recover Data! one to many times and without much warning System Restore started to format my main HD I held the power button down to force shut down the computer and stop formatting but I knew damage had already been done I would assume that the formatting I did just erased the file system necessarily to access the actual information without actually erasing much of my files I took the HD out of my laptop and put it Corrupt/Semi-Formatted Hard Drive - Need to Recover Data! into an external enclosure attempting to access the info from another computer the drive shows up but there is no size for it and when opening it it requires another format before it can be viewed If I boot my laptop with the damaged drive in it it will say quot error loading operating system quot so it des recognize that the drive has an OS installed on it Is there any way to recover the files on the HD Im not sure how the file system itself works but it seems like it would be possible to write a file system back onto the HD without destroying its contents Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Corrupt/Semi-Formatted Hard Drive - Need to Recover Data!

Are you positive that it was "formatting"? There isn't usually a format when using the recovery partition for recovery, or the recovery disks. Did it actually say "formatting"?

I suppose it doesn't much matter because even if it had started to restore the disk image, the results would have been almost the same.

About all you can do is scan with recovery software and see if anything remains. You really should try that before messing with the file system or partitions in case all ends up lost.

Files that are not backed up are files you should expect to lose.

The trouble is that anything that would try to "rebuild" what was on the disk would need to include the data that is no longer present to create accurate structures, like an MFT or boot record. But try everything.

Free:

Using TestDisk To Repair Corrupted MFT, Repair NTFS Boot Sector (or build a new one if both are corrupted), Or Create Or Restore Boot Sector Backups.

Paragon Rescue Kit
Parted Magic (The best boot CD. Includes data recovery to CD/DVD, network, or USB, Testdisk for partition recovery, audio tests, and much more)
Testdisk Documentation
Testdisk Download
Minitool Partition Recovery
Easeus Partition Recovery
Diskinternals Partition Recovery
Partition Wizard Boot CD
DriveRescue
Testdisk Boot Disk
Partition Find & Mount
Free DTIData NTFS Partition Repair Tool

Commercial:

Diskinternals Partition Recovery (Demo)
[email protected] Partition Recovery
Bootmaster Partition Recovery
ZAR Partition Recovery
DIY DataRecovery DiskPatch
Partition Table Doctor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupt-semi-formatted-hard-drive-need-to-recover-data.1060179/
Relevancy 57.62%

Dear All I use Windows Live Mail no updates as I like a client email program worked fine and saved emails to My docs and I could open the emails and read in original format Now I have discovered I cannot open any email saved My to opening did 2011not WIN when in Live Docs Emails Mail saved bef to My Docs or desktop Found one in My Docs created with the normal open envelope and that opens instantly The emails saved today to Emails in WIN Live Mail 2011not opening when saved to My Docs did bef My Docs do not open as they did before After reading lots of forums Appeared to be a problem with extension eml or eml They thought the under score was the problem So in the email dragged to Desktop which looks like a blank envelope icon the properties say Type of file EML eml opens with Windows Emails in WIN Live Mail 2011not opening when saved to My Docs did bef Shell commor spelt as seen then box with change command I went to control panel progs set default programs Win Live Mail choose defaults for this program I t was on default So I selected all and saved On front page came up saved my instruction changed from default to my choice which was same In email on desktop after this change properties came up with eml opens with Win Live Mail NB underscore The email on desktop icon instead of being blank or a open envelope has pretty coloured envelopes But if you try to open email on desktop or in My Docs just takes you to Live Mail in box I can still send and receive emails after the above change Is it a update that screwed it Any help appreciated Regards Shalimar

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/399804-emails-win-live-mail-2011not-opening-when-saved-my-docs-did-bef.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I format my emails in letter form. Space between paragraphs. When emails are sent the result is all the sentences and paragraphs run together single spaced presenting something very difficult to read.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440909-formatted-emails-do-not-appear-typed-when-sent-words-paragraphs-jammed-together.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have lost all my personal documents from my desktop, if i search for folders or documents that i remember were there i can get to some of them, how can i restore these please.

Dave

A:Lost all my personal docs from my profile

Have you looked in Windows Explorer rather than on the desktop?

Are there some you remember that you cannot find using a good search tool?

Is it possible they were in fact deleted by you or someone else? Or do you think they are just misplaced?

If they are not in the recycle bin and are in fact deleted, you have to use drastic measures like running a file recovery tool, which usually has mixed results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/157902-lost-all-my-personal-docs-my-profile.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all At bit of a puzzler this one although its down to things Defrag messed up my system or Virus Heres what happened I have XP Pro sp all kept in good working order after from Lost Docs' 60gigs 'My defrag! etc I performed a defrag System was fine and carried on using pc afterwards internet email I Lost 60gigs from 'My Docs' after defrag! rebooted but when it got to the XP loading screen - it paused for a long time the Lost 60gigs from 'My Docs' after defrag! blue bars still moving I m a bit of a geek cos I reconised the noise my hard drive was making - it was very busy and I though hmmm virus deleting files I reset and booted up in safe mode but system boot files were missing SO Loaded up another hard drive with XP Pro on to get my files off it fix it Check disk reported s of cannot read file sector somthing like that I skipped it and browed the drive as a slave now All was ok except all the files folders from E to Z were gone In My DOCS this is about gigs its digi photos I can t afford to loose Its now being check disked by the master drive - with fix errors and atempt recover bad sectors ticked Its taken hours its about done now SO was it the defrag has it deleted info on where these files were Or a virus if it is can I simply run a recovery software and get it back Any help I would be over the moon as I ve lost a years worth photos nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I formatted my computer the other day and now there is a problem with networking.. Message comes up 'Limited or no connectivity'.. My main computer works but I cant get the other one to connect to the internet.. Any suggestions??

Relevancy 55.47%

I have an HP desktop with a 1TB Personal Media Drive (USB). I lost all the data and W7 says the drive is unformatted. Is there a way to recover the data from this "unformatted" disk? Thank you

A:Lost Formatted Disk

Don't panic and wait until Jumanji takes a look at your case. Until then do this (copied from another post of Jumanji):

Install Partition Wizard free. Choose your 1TB instead of 3TB mentioned in quote.

Quote:
Launch PW and post a screenshot.

Then on the left pane click on Partition Recovery Wizard > Next > Choose your Seagate 3TB external to recover > Next > Full Disk > Next > Quick scan >Next.

After QuicK Scan completes you will get a Window showing the found partitions. Post the screenshot of it.

Double click on that partition/s also and show me the files.

You may then close the explorer,click on the Cancel tab to close the Window and then close PW. ( You may run Quick Scan again if needed.)

Wait for further instructions after I see the screenshot.

To attach screenshots Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373066-lost-formatted-disk.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I formatted about seven cds and put data and pictures on them with my Dell computer. I popped the cds out and put them back in to make sure the info was still on them before I deleted it off my computer. When I put the new cds into my Toshiba, nothing shows up on the cds. I can look at the back of the cds and tell there is something on them. Is there a reason they won't show up on any of the computers I've tried them on??? Please help! I am very sad to see all of my work gone!

A:Please Help! I've lost all data on formatted cds!

Either your optical drive on the Dell, or the optical drive on the Toshiba. Try them in a third machine. My guess is that the Dell drive is out of alignment. Read them in the dell, and copy them back to the hard drive if needed, then rush down to Wal-Mart or Circuit City or CompUSA or Best Buy or Sams Club or Costco, and buy a new CD-Burner for about $24 to $29... or a DVD burner for $44... and make the problem go away.
Optical drives are now the most fragile part of a computer... seldom lasting as long as a year... easily getting out of alignment, and causing the trouble you describe.
You just do not know whether the Dell or the Toshiba is the culprit.
Good luck to youl.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-ive-lost-all-data-on-formatted-cds.85714/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a:
GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 mobo
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz
G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1333
Windows 7 OEM

I was having issues getting the drivers installed, so I did a format on the HDD. Regrettably I lost the bootmgr. Now I have gone in and done the repair through the System Recovery Option and through the command prompt by trying to rebuild the bootmgr by entering in bootrec /rebuildbcd. When I did this it said it was successful; however, it still says the bootmgr is missing. Please help. I don't know what to do now.

A:Formatted drive lost bootmgr

Boot the Win7 DVD or Repair CD to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times with reboots, to repair or rewrite the MBR to Win7.

If you need to download the Repair CD: Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files

I'm not sure I understand why you expect Win7 to start up if you formatted the HD. Did you run full factory Recovery and it still won't boot? What did you format exactly?

The only reason that Startup Repair will not work to eventually repair/rewrite the MBR to Win7 is if it is not marked Active for some reason. To find this out, you can download and burn to CD free Partition Wizard bootable manager, boot into it to check Win7 is active. If not, rightclick Win7>Modify>Set Active.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/58018-formatted-drive-lost-bootmgr.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi! My husband clicked on something saying that he needed to clean up the computer (which is bogus bc we dont have much at all on it) so he clicked and lo and behold all gone, the ability to change anything on personalization. no pics left no documents office 10 gone
oh my please help us. I already tried various restore points and nodda along with nothing in recyble bin
thank you,
Justine

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I have been working on a school report for the past few days on Google Docs (so I could access it from home and school). Now that I am done modifying the document at school, I exported the file as a Word document. In my stupidity, I clicked 'Open' instead of 'Save' when downloading the file, so I am assuming it saved in some temporary folder. I have been putting the finishing touches on for about an hour, saving every few minutes. However, I just realized that I never selected a location to save to, so I have most likely been saving to some temporary Word location.

Is there a temporary location where Word saves documents downloaded from the Internet? If so, what can I do to find the location and recover the document?

I am running Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9, and Word 2007 if that helps.

A:Google Docs/Word 2007 Lost File

I find that one of the most useful 'tools' in Windows 7 is the search box at the bottom of the pop-up when you press the 'Start' button.

Press Start, in the box above begin typing the name of your lost file - keeping an eye on the menu offerings above. Hopefully your file will appear, then you can touch it to open it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/161032-google-docs-word-2007-lost-file.html
Relevancy 54.18%

sir,
i accidently Formatted the harddisk ....GPT FORMAT TO MBR FORMAT..... during changing OS....actually i partioned as C,D,E,F drives.... now i lost all data..... i want it back.... hope you help...
sme important files there....
thnk you

A:formatted hardisk <gpt to mbr format> lost all data

please reply sir

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64232-formatted-hardisk-gpt-mbr-format-lost-all-data.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i decided to format my hard drive an start again but now it says no boot mgr i cant find my boot disk can anyone help?

A:formatted my hard drive lost windows help!!

Where is your xp disk? You are stuck without one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/formatted-my-hard-drive-lost-windows-help-651745.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have vista on the C drive, XP on D drive

I formatted the C drive and reinstalled vista... and now the dual boot option is gone. how can I get it back?

A:lost dual boot option when formatted

Vista should have installed the bootloader when you reinstalled, unless the XP drive was disconnected at the time of Vista re-installation, or you deleted the folder called "boot" from XP

Use this to get it back

http://www.vistabootpro.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-dual-boot-option-when-formatted.733978/
Relevancy 54.18%

Before I formatted the c: drive the computer recognized the CD-Rom drive and also a: & c:. When it was rebooting it came back up telling me that it was an invalid drive and that it was booting from the CD-Rom. Then it gave me the message that it could not find the CD-Rom. I got to a command prompt and it recognizes a: but no other letter drive. I have tried a-z. I do not have a windows 98 start up disk, and I wanted to put WinXP back on it anyway. Anybody have any suggestions?

A:I am so lost - formatted hard drive, now it only recognizes a:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Put your Windows XP disk into your cd-rom, and go into your bios.

Set the boot priority to Floppy(a)/Cd-rom(d)/Hard drive(c).

Save and exit bios. When your computer reboots, you should see a message that says "press any key to boot from cd". Press any key, and follow the onscreen instructions for installing Windows XP.

You can delete/create partitions and format your hard drive in the NTFS file system.

At some point in the installation, your computer will reboot. Again you will be asked to press any key to boot from cd. DO NOT press any key a second time, as this will start the installation from scratch again.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-so-lost-formatted-hard-drive-now-it-only-recognizes-a.42249/
Relevancy 54.18%

Using a extension with Firefox simple mail Basically I didn't configure it right and it has downloaded ALL my emails which was good The bad part is it didn't leave copies to possible recover/reload emails? on the server I would like to send all emails back to server before FF crashes andI lose tem all Within simple mail I was able to 'archive' them My webmail server is with godaddy they can only reload last days Only option with godaddy interface I can find is Remote Email possible to recover/reload emails? Manage Remote Email AccountsYou can download email messages from a remote POP or Gmail account to your Workspace Webmail account When you add a remote account you can specify what folder email messages are moved to whether to check the account automatically and whether to apply spam and filtering rules to the account and you can leave a copy of your possible to recover/reload emails? messages on the account Haven't found a way to import the archive into gmail Not found a pop that I possible to recover/reload emails? can import the archive into yet Thought about just 'forwarding' all emails back to the account but I need them as original senders Unless there is a way to dr the forwarded emails I run a small server so possibly could set up my own pop server if needed message edited by indigian

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/possible-to-recoverreload-emails/19675.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I had a virus in my pc (Rogue:Win32/FakeRean) that was detected and removed with Microsoft Forefront. After this episode, I lost all the emails that I had stored in Outlook and I'm not able to find them, the Outlook.pst file disappeared.

A:Recover outlook emails

Are you on a domain or a regular network?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414637/recover-outlook-emails/
Relevancy 54.18%

Using a extension with Firefox simple mail Basically I didn't configure it right and it has downloaded to emails? recover/reload possible ALL my emails which was good The bad part is it didn't leave copies on the server I would like to send all emails back to server before FF crashes andI lose tem all Within simple mail I was able to 'archive' them My webmail server is with godaddy possible to recover/reload emails? they can only reload last days Only option with godaddy interface I can find is Remote Email Manage Remote Email AccountsYou can download email messages from a remote POP or Gmail account to your Workspace Webmail account When you add a remote account you can specify what folder email messages are moved to whether to check the account automatically and whether to apply spam and filtering rules to the account and you can leave a copy of your messages on the account Haven't found a way to import the archive into gmail Not found a pop that I can import the archive into yet Thought about just 'forwarding' all emails back to the account but I need them as original senders Unless there is a way to dr the forwarded emails I run a small server so possibly could set up my own pop server if needed message edited by indigian

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/possible-to-recoverreload-emails/20616.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I had to reinstall W7. When I reinstalled Thunderbird email it recovered all the received emails but not the sent emails. Anybody know how I can recover the sent emails ? It is rather criticalfor me. Thanks in advence for the help.

A:Recover sent emails after crash

Hi igardos44 and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

They should be stored on your ISP/Email provider's server. See if you can access them through the web interface, as opposed to the email client.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/105565-recover-sent-emails-after-crash.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I installed a Linksys Router WRT54G and found that my Shared folder was replaced by a "Documents" folder, which was "inaccessible". I run WinXP Pro. Dell advised to uninstall Windows XP SP2, since I could not use their CD (bought 8250 comp 2 years ago), and CD gave message: "cannot restore Windows since "version" on your computer is newer. After deinstalling SP2, and restoring WinXP Pro from the Dell Cd all hell broke lose, and finally the computer slowly frooze (slower and slower in a few seconds). Had to phone Dell to get all kinds of repais going. Anybody had the same experience? And what is it with the Linksys router anyway? It should install normally? Probably another Microsoft blackhole? How do I get my "Shared Documents Folder back? Can it happen again? Grateful beginner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-docs-folder-lost-with-linksys-router-install.300824/
Relevancy 54.18%

Being new to this forum, although I've read about customizing until I'm blind and I haven't found the answer to my question. I like to customize my folders in my docs, and I've lost that choice, I'm running W7 Premium 64 bit. Under veiw there use to be the choice to customize. I could use a "folder jpg" or I could make my own icon and use that. I've tried right clicking and going into properties and a choice to customize should be there and it isn't. Is there any way I can get the customize choice back. Thanks Belle5737

A:SP1 installed and I lost choice to "Customize folders' in Docs

Hi belle5737

See if this helps - Customize Tab - Add or Remove from Properties

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200899-sp1-installed-i-lost-choice-customize-folders-docs.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm having difficulty recovering someone's Outlook Express emails and was hoping someone might have a solution to this (w/o the use of 3rd party apps):

The main OE mail folder and backup folders were accidently deleted. When they were deleted, a message said the Recycle Bin was full and "would you still like to continue deleting them"-or something like that. And they were deleted. Now I'm trying to recover those dbx's. I ran ActiveUndelete 5.1 and it found some dbx's-probably all the folders but they were empty when I brought them back into OE.

There are too many recovery email programs out there to run and test, so if someone can provide better help to get these emails back in OE, I would appreciate it!!! Thanks

A:Trying to recover OE emails accidently deleted

There are several good ones, usually free, at www.majorgeeks.com. I can recommend, in their Data Recovery section, Restoration, Recuva, Recovery 4 All Pro but it costs $69, File Undelete (which is good if you are needing documentation for a client, and PC Inspector.
My favorite is one I cannot find at the moment called ABC Recovery. It is free for the first 30 days. Works great on internet files.
At www.tucows.com, look for Recover My Files, Restorer2000 Data Recovery, and a few others listed there... all good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-recover-oe-emails-accidently-deleted.98367/
Relevancy 53.75%

Back in 2006-2008. I deleted some emails from my MSN email account. At the time, I also emptied my email trash. Is there anyway to recover these? I checked on the Microsoft support page and the reply to a similar question was there may be a VERY slim chance but probably not. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322339/can-i-recover-deletedtrashed-msn-emails/
Relevancy 53.75%

I've scoured the web and can't find anything on this....Basically I've been trying to recover emails from 9/9/11 via the recover deleted emails tool in outlook. After recovering them they're nowhere to be found. They're not in my deleted items, not in my inbox, not in my unread folder...nowhere. Here's the thing, I tried to recover random emails from about a month ago and they were recovered just fine. It's just the specific emails from 9/9....no idea what happened to them! Any ideas? It's very frustrating haha

A:Solved: Outlook 07 won't recover emails

Recover deleted emails only works when you are connected to an Exchange Server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-07-wont-recover-emails.1017269/
Relevancy 53.75%

My Yahoo account was hacked. All emails and contacts were deleted. I submitted a request to have them recovered. When the emails were recovered, they were put in the trash folder. I've tried to move them to the Inbox but haven't succeeded. All the emails go back to trash folder after I moved them all to the Inbox. Any idea?

A:How to recover emails from trash folder

As Yahoo is web-based your best bet is to contact them about this issue.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/how-to-recover-emails-from-trash-folder/39839.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok guys.. I screwed up big time... I was about to create a bootable flash drive with a utility called HPflash and right the moment I pressed the start button I realized that the selected drive wasnt my flash drive.. but my external hard disk with 400 Gigs of Data! I dont know about you guys.. but I had tons of pictures and videos.. (my wedding video too!) And I am going nuts now.. can anyone please give me some hope and tell me I can recover all my files? Do I need to use one of the un-delete software out there? When I click on the hard disk it states that it needs to be formatted.. so apparently it hasnt.. so what happened to it? Can I undo what I did very quickly? thanks!

Relevancy 53.32%

need help to recover deleted emails from outlook express

hi

need help on recovering deleted emails from oe pls help asap i know there are some reg changes that need to be made....... os is win xp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-recover-deleted-emails-from-outlook-express.36283/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I have Norton Antivirus 2007 and I need to know if there is a possibility in such a way to recover some register of unsent e-mails.
I needed to send more mails and then there was those messages from Norton that emails were not sent because of connection interruption during scanning.... (I used different mail client so there is no possibility to see which were sent and which not... in case there would be a solution )
Well I'm not sure if my problem is clear but I hope that someone of you smart people will understand and help me.....
thanks a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-2007-is-possible-to-recover-unsent-emails.633819/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am running MS Outlook 2002 SP3 on Windows XP Pro. My email provider is comast. I had several hundred emails in my deleted items folder which I permanently deleted last weekend. I now realized there were emails I needed and I'm trying to recover them.

MS Outlook help has instructions for doing this, but it doesn't appear to work in my case (the recover option doesn't appear). I'm guessing it's due to my server configuration with Comcast (due to Comcast not keeping emails on the server once they're downloaded), but I'm not sure.

Can anybody out there help?

A:Recover Permanently Deleted MS Outlook emails

Are you using the free Outlook backup program from Microsoft? If so, you should be able to recover some or maybe all of the deleted emails if you have been letting it perform regular backups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-permanently-deleted-ms-outlook-emails.697490/
Relevancy 52.46%

I accidentally deleted my gmail emails by deleting them on thunderbird and emptying the trash. How can I recover them? Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357145/recover-deleted-gmail-emails-imap-thunderbird/
Relevancy 52.46%

I created a video on my YouTube channel showing how you can recover deleted emails in Outlook I am pretty sure that the technique demonstrated will work with or as well but I've only tested it using Outlook This technique will only work if you haven't compacted your PST file since the time you deleted the email you are trying to recover The basic steps are to back up your PST file then you use a HEX editor to quot damage quot the file by overwriting a small section of the PST file You then use the great utility ScanPST exe that comes with Microsoft Office to repair the PST file When you then open the PST file in Outlook the emails you have deleted since the last time you compacted will be in your inbox If you have deleted a lot of emails since you last compacted it is probably a good idea to try this with a copy of your active PST file Then you can just open it in Outlook alongside your main PST and just move the email you want recovered back into your main folder

A:How-to recover deleted emails from Outlook 2007 for free

Thanks for sharing the info and the video.

It might make for a better demo video if you open the PST file in the HEX editor after you delete the e-mails from the PST file.

As it is now, you:
...open the PST file (with all of the test e-mails in it) using the HEX editor
...open the PST file using Outlook
...delete some e-mails
...empty the Deleted Items folder
...close Outlook (which writes to the PST file)
...damage the PST file via the HEX editor
...save the damaged PST file (with all of the test e-mails in it)
...run the SCANPST utility
...repair the PST file
...open the PST file via Outlook with all of the test e-mails in it.

So - it appears that the version of the PST file that you damaged/repaired still had the deleted e-mails in it because that version of the PST file was still in RAM via the Hex editor. I'm not familiar with the HEX editor that you show (I use PSPad). I know that there are some editors that will automatically reload a file that was changed by another app. I could not tell from the video if that is what happened. So I suggest that you not keep the version in RAM (via the editor) that contains all of the test e-mails.

My guess is that you have tested this using something like this order:
...open Outlook
...delete some e-mails
...empty the Deleted Items folder
...close Outlook
...open the PST file using the HEX editor
...damage the PST file via that HEX editor
...save the damaged PST file
...run the SCANPST utility
...repair the PST file
...open the PST file via Outlook
But it did not happen that way in the video.

I know how hard it is to do things in perfect order in a video :-(

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/305423-how-recover-deleted-emails-outlook-2007-free.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I went and did everything it tells you to in the process of setting this up. It now has the option to recover deleted emails but when I click on it the box that opens up is empty and all things are grayed out in it. When I click on the button it actually goes to the show in favorites button so something is wrong. What is it?

A:How to recover deleted emails in outlook 2010 problem.

Recovering deleted items is only an option if you are on an Exchange server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-deleted-emails-in-outlook-2010-problem.1019542/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

By mistake i uninstalled my MS Office 2007

This has deleted my MS Outlook as well

Had many important emails there which are not there on the web domain anymore from where they were syncd

Please help as i need to get these emails back

What is the solution to this other than System Restore?

Thanks.

A:Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Office.. need to recover MS Outlook emails

well you should still have the DATA file as the uninstall will not remove that..... look in...

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

You may just need to reopen (assuming you reinstalled) the file... FILE menu > OPEN > Outlook Data File

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-uninstalled-microsoft-office-need-to-recover-ms-outlook-emails.900270/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Stumbled upon this forum seemed like a great place to get help so I joined First 2009 Acronis recover True up wont backed Image all emails post here so hi guys On to my problem A friend asked me to backup his outlook system calenders contacts all the mail etc and then reformat his pc I used Acronis True Image Home to create a backup image of the email making sure everything was selected i e outlook I then went ahead Acronis True Image 2009 wont recover all backed up emails and reformatted After everything was up and running I used the same Acronis to restore the email it seemed to do it quite quickly MB backup in less than a minitue and said that it did it succesfully I opened outlook to see if everything was in order but it wasnt All the contacts were placed in deleted items no inbox entries no calender entries Only thing intact was the sent items Now Im panicking when choosing to recover the image i did select everything and in the selection you can see it has backed up all the calender entries all the inbox email etc see pic attached but they dont show up in outlook Am I missing something Is there a way to extract stuff from the tib file Would appreciate help on this guys Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Acronis True Image 2009 wont recover all backed up emails

There is a known problem with TrueImage 2009 and Outlook.

Check out this article:
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/kb/articles/1081/

and check out the official Acronis forum at WildersSecurity:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acronis-true-image-2009-wont-recover-all-backed-up-emails.780546/
Relevancy 50.74%

hello everyone

my son in law has deleted some pictures off of his memory card and computer.
is there any good free software out there they will retrieve his pictures or has anyone got any ideas how to get them back.

regards calmat

A:recover lost photographs

Hello Calmat,

You might give the free program Recuva a try to see if it may be able to recover them for him.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296425-recover-lost-photographs.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am working on a client's computer and have had to re-install Norton Internet Security 2004 because of problems with the previous install, I do not have access to the Activation key at this moment and am wondering if there is any way to retreive it from inside the computer (regestry?).

I have tried Belarc Advisor and it was not able to help me

Under the norton section it shows the following

Symantec Corp - MSRedist 1
Symantec Corporation - Norton AntiSpam 1
Symantec Corporation - Norton AntiVirus 1
Symantec Corporation - Norton Internet Security 1

hope that is of some use
Help me please

A:Recover Lost NIS 2004 Key?

call Norton or have your client call them. I don't think these people here are going to tell you how to get a key for software that needs activating........should be in the documentation your client got when they bought the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-lost-nis-2004-key.294735/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi
i was on my dads comp browsing and suddenly the comp retarted... after that it only goes till the windows logo and restarts again... i tried few thgs but nothing worked... then i inserted win xp cd and was shocked to see that c drive was empty... i mean i havent formatted the drive then how in the world can it be empty...i havent formatted the drive... im 100000000% sure about it...
is there any software which can retrive the data... i think it was because of virus
can any1 plzzz tell me how to recover the lost data from that harddrive... my dad had pretty important data on that comp and had no backup...
thx

A:how to recover lost windows

You could get a portable version of linux, mount the hard drive on the computer and copy the files over. If you need any help with this i will be happy to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-lost-windows.736504/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a domain, a site, I pay on a yearly basis.

I first used wordpress then changed to PrestaShop? (or something like that, I don't quite understand the process)

Then I never used it, forgot about passwords and procedure, windows broke down, I'm now on ubuntu 16

Is there some way to recover and start over again?

Thank's

Wrenchman

A:How To Recover A Lost Domain?

Don't you remember the name of your site? What were you selling?
You could start by contacting PrestaShop.
https://www.prestashop.com/en/contact-us

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/how-to-recover-a-lost-domain.311256/
Relevancy 50.74%

My daughter was dragging a word document that she completed from her wireless laptop to the dinning room desktop computer (wired to the router). The file disappeared from her computer and never showed up on the dinning room computer. I thought usually the file is just copied and not actually moved when you drag to a network resource. Also, sometimes, my router is intermittent. I don't know if that is the problem, just wanted to add it to the mix. Thanks for any help you can give.

JR

Ps. Backup was not enabled in MS Word, and I searched for "*.wk" and "*.asd" files and found nothing.

* Windows XP SP2, MS Word 2003

A:How To Recover A Lost File?

As I remember, the file type for Word is .doc; for Excel it is .wk.
Try doing a search on the .doc file type.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40857/how-to-recover-a-lost-file/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone can help with a bit of a nightmare situation I am having?

I went to upload a picture yesterday and when doing so realised all of my pictures had gone. There were stored in the usual My Pictures folder and was around 15GB of pictures from the last 10 years (our wedding, honeymoon, holidays, family evens etc), obviously now I cannot find this I am beginning to panic a little.

So far I have tried a programme called Recuva (which seemed to find loads of images (1.2 million infact) but not one of them being from this folder) and Shadow Explorer which seems a bit more difficult to use and the folder always looks empty.

I use Avast! antivirus and run Windows 7, being the idiot I am I have no backup setup. Is there anything I can try?

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Pictures lost, how can I recover them?

Also tried Wise Data Recovery which feels similar to Recuva

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/309181-pictures-lost-how-can-i-recover-them.html
Relevancy 50.74%

first i am not sure if this is the how files? lost .mdb to recover proper chapter for my question if you know a better one please inform me - thanks i lost important mdb files microsoft office access database files after scanning all my hard drives there seems to be one that still has them because if i search with the search application 'everything' how to recover lost .mdb files? one of the results shows contacts mdb gt F RECYCLE BIN S- - - - - - - RR R V gt how to recover lost .mdb files? gt KB But inside F i cannot locate any file folder as mentioned above within 'everything' the right mouse context menu contains the option 'restore' but that doesn't do anything the app recover my files and a similar one bring up the same mdb files but they contain kb so recovering recovers nothing as far as i remember no new data have been written on F since i deleted those mdb files what can i still do to recover them thanks for helping

A:how to recover lost .mdb files?

Have you tried any programs for "undeleting" the files? The sooner after deletion that you try it the better the chance of recovery. hxxp://www.easeus-deletedrecovery.com/ has a free download that will allow you to recover 1GB of files without charge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126981-how-recover-lost-mdb-files.html
Relevancy 50.74%

HELP!!! I took some very important photos and sent them to my computer. I used the PhotoSuite lll to edit the photos. The next day I went to go print the photos but all but 1 are missing. So I decided to just redownload them from my camera to my computer and all but one are missing from the camera too. PLEASE help me! I really need to find these photos. I can't retake them. I've looked through what has to have been every file on this computer. HELP!!!!!

A:recover lost photos

What's important is to not take any pictures with the camera. If they are missing from the camera that just means that the space they were occupying can now be overwritten, if you haven't taken any phots you should be able to recover them. The same for the computer.

I would suggest trying to recover them from the camera first. Download the following program onto another computer and attempt to retrieve them from the camera:

http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

If that doesn't work download this and attempt to recover them from your computer:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

The less you use the computer that you had them on the less chance that they will be unretrievable. If possible use another computer to download those files. the second one I'm pretty sure you can run directly from CD so you won't have to install it on the affected computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-lost-photos.487498/
Relevancy 50.74%

I don't know how but the Recycle Bin's icon has been lost from my system.
I thought I was running Windows XP Pro however winver says I'm running Windows 5.1.
Your help in guiding me to restoration would be appreciated.

A:Recover Lost Recycle Bin

See if this helps-http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810869

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119785/recover-lost-recycle-bin/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys. I recently deleted a game from my computer accidentally . I figured I could always reinstall, but I lost the discs when I moved. Is there a program that might be able to help? If it means anything the game is Call Of Duty United Offensive. Let me know... Also the game was deleted on Sept. 31 05. I tried the windows recovery to no avail...

A:Lost program can I recover it?

Sounds like you'll need to replace the cd's. If you registered the game, they may be willing to ship you replacement media.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-program-can-i-recover-it-82673.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I lost all my data and must to recover it I am hoping any praying for assistance in the recovery of my data it recover to lost all data my and *must* that is quot stuck lost all my data and *must* to recover it quot in my computer I am very distressed because of this and I can use lost all my data and *must* to recover it all the help in the data recovery I could get I m an quot intermediate quot in computer knowledge I will try to make this as short and concise as I can I run lost all my data and *must* to recover it Win SE computer has a floppy disk drive to boot Synopsis of what happened got a virus of some kind First the entire desktop looked quot normal quot but nothing nothing on it was operable double clicking on icons did NOTHING ALL the files in the START menu became unassociated with any program to open amp run them and EVERY SINGLE icon in ALL of the subfolders changed to the quot generic quot Windows quot unassociated quot icon plain white background with the -color Windows Pane A Note All menus could pop open up from the start menu EXCEPT for the quot Search Find Files Folders quot menu that one basically vanished A while later icons disappeared from my desktop the Recycle Bin the My Documents folder and I m not sure what the rd one was could not remember what had been in that spot but it was NOT the My Computer Folder although double clicking on My Computer did nothing Then a short while later My screen flashed for a second or two and then ALL my icons on the desktop suddenly went to the Windows quot generic quot icons as described above with all the files in the START menus the file names were still visible BUT ALL the extensions changed to ones I ve never heard of I do remember some were changed to quot ink quot extensions I did a search of this extension and I do NOT have CorelDRAW and never have At this point I literally couldn t do a thing ALL files and icons were unassociated with any program that would open them the quot Search Find Files quot folder off the START menu was basically gone and my Recycle Bin and My Documents folder had vanished Next I tried to use quot START gt Shutdown gt DOS quot in an effort to reboot in DOS but when I tried that choice from the Shutdown Menu DOS had ceased working too At this point EVERYTHING was basically rendered unusable so I shut down computer completely START gt Shutdown gt Turn Computer Off - this worked normally and the computer shut off then I turned off the power on the surge protector Here s where it gets interesting I waited about minutes and then powered up the computer It sounded like it was booting up normally but then A a screen popped up and said quot Windows is setting up your computer and next B a Setup Wizard screen popped up asking my name I entered it and pressed quot OK quot that was the only choice next was C the Windows License Agreement I quot accepted quot it and pressed quot OK quot and D then the next screen was the one that asks me to enter my Windows Product Key off the original paperwork At this time I figured out it basically was quot forcing quot me to re-install my WIN SE off my recovery CD which in doing so would have re-installed amp re-written WIN SE over all my current data in the machine I certainly did not want to do this reinstall Windows over my data so at this screen I pressed quot CANCEL quot and the machine literally shut-down by itself and since then I have not attempted to turn it back on Soooo at this point in time all my files are currently on my hard drive and they are ALL unassociated with any programs to open them BUT when the hard drive gets powered on it is basically at the quot beginning point quot that asks user to re-install Windows with the Product Key and Recovery CD nbsp

A:lost all my data and *must* to recover it

Take the hard drive out, and install it as a slave drive in another computer or put it in a USB external enclosure and try to read the data.

I'm going to assume the file extensions changed to LNK not INK. You saw lnk which is not a capital I, it's a small L. It sounds like a virus, so the data may not be retrievable, but try the suggestion above. If that doesn't work, you'll have to pay a data recovery company to try, but you have to pay even if they don't recover anything, and it could get very expensive (hundreds of dollars).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-all-my-data-and-must-to-recover-it.479102/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all I have a Seagate GB external hard drive It was dropped last night while plugged in nothing major really but now the majority of Data...Need Lost Recover to its files do not show up in Explorer I do not want to pay an arm and a leg for data recovery services but I m afraid that is going to end up being the case However I am hoping someone on here will be able to help me before I commit to such a financial burden I downloaded GetDataBack last night and it gave me errors related to being unable to read certain sectors Their website told me to make an image of the harddrive and then to try and recover that image instead but it too gave me sector-reading errors Any thoughts Also all of my music files iTunes uses is on the drive I am still able to open iTunes and play those songs that I can no longer see in Explorer nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I downloaded Microsoft Framework today and after it was installed my computer froze up I restarted my computer and it led me to the login page where you have to select Lost Files? Recover which account and you type in your password Recover Lost Files? I selected my account typed in my password and then the startup screen would freeze and eventually it would restart by itself I pressed Recover Lost Files? F when my computer restarted because that is how I get to the system recovery page It says that I am able to recover my files after this so I decided to do it After everything was set up the computer still recognized my video driver Recover Lost Files? It would say I have a Nvida Gforce but once the computer was started up it tells me to install it using a CD I check my C drive and I still see that the memory used was the same as before I did my system recovery I go to my System Restore page and tried to boost up my restore points but it only shows today as a restore point It doesn't show the days before I did my system restore My question is how can I retrieve my old files when it is all still in my computer The memory used is the same which means that my old files are still in there right Thanks Brandon EDIT I have a HP computer by the way

A:Recover Lost Files?

It's odd that all of your restore points are gone. If you had just booted up, you could undo the last restore, but I think thats far gone by now. Open up system restore and check, it might still work.

If not, you could use a recovery program, such as "Undlete" to restore the files. There are a few free utilities out there that will do this for you. Just google "recover list files". I use R-Studio, which works real well.

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recover-lost-files-311476.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am on a vista operating system and recently lost some of my pictures. I was going to burn pictures from "my pictures" onto a DVD+RW, so I put my blank DVD in and I moved my pictures from "my pictures" into the blank folder. I fell asleep for an hour and the computer went into sleep mode. When I came back, I turned the computer on and it told me I needed to reformat my DVD. I did and lost all the files that I had dragged onto the blank "to burn" folder.

How do I recover it?

HELP!!! THESE WERE PRECIOUS FAMILY PICTURES!

Relevancy 50.74%

I tried shrinking my Windows 7 64-bit OS volume by 128GB to make room for a new partition and lost it in the process. My harddisk capacity should be 465.76 but now shows 337.76 GB.

I have an attached document with a screenshot of what it shows in device manager. I have downloaded the free versions of Partition Wizard 9.0 and Power Data Recovery 6.8 but I cant seem to be able to restore the lost sectors.

Can anyone direct me on how to recover this partition?

Thank you.

A:How do I recover a lost Partition?

The only way I see to get the space back is to first Shrink the C: partition then create a new partition in the resultant unallocated space. I've found that by deleting a partition any data in it is usually lost. That's different from inadvertently formatting a partition which sometimes can be recovered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370641-how-do-i-recover-lost-partition.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The next time you start outlook all the folders were empty, there are no messages. The files inbox.dbx, "sent items.dbx" and other relevant folders retain their dimensions when viewing the file in the editor, they can be found even addresses, the names and other text. That is, the data are preserved, but the outlook does not want to display them. The address book was empty, too. I tried to experiment with the file folders.dbx - did not help.

A:How to recover the lost messages?

I have to ask did you back up the hard drive? Macrium Reflect Macrium Reflect Free

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/31236-how-recover-lost-messages.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Most of the time when I add more files to a cd-r I ve already put files on it works fine I used NTI Platinum Usually a box will come up when I start to put more on asking if I a recover on can lost I CD-R? files d like to load the first session and add these to it which is recommended I ve learned can I recover lost files on a CD-R? from experience if I don t do it this way only the CURRENT files I put on show on the cd after that and the original ones are quot gone quot I was never sure what the options meant it doesn t say if you don t pick it load previous session and add to it you will lose everything can I recover lost files on a CD-R? already on the cd I thought it just meant it was put on separate in some way But they d all still be there Sometimes the box asking this doesn t come up and if I continue with it only the ones from the current session show I ve been keeping a running backup on MY PICTURES for over a year now not always with NTI and continually put in the latest cd I m up to and add pictures to it it will ask if I want to load the current files and add to it Today I wanted to add small video clips my daughter has been sending me to a cd I had started that had previous ones on it They are quite small MPEG taken with her digital camera I had the new ones on my desktop and like to store this stuff on a cd to save room I put them on using NTI NO box came up asking if I d like to load the previous session but I thought this might be due to the type of files I put them on and the two new ones doday are the only ones showing on the cd now I tried changing the setting to quot show all files quot and still nothing These aren t cd RW and the files all had different names numbers Since it s not a RW cd and program and the files didn t have the same name to write over I am thinking they are still on the cd just the names have disappeared If you are thinking I don t know much about cd burning and am easily confused by it you re right I ve heard of programs that will quot recover quot lost files if they are still on the hardrive is there something like this to use on cd-R disk too It s not really important though I had long ago deleted the origional little file clips that were lost on this cd I d just like to know about it What I can do to get them back and WHY it does this I used to use HP Record Now which came with my cd burner and this never happened If there was something already on the cd a message came up stating this and asking quot do you want to add this to it quot But NTI works much better and faster for other things and less error speed error messsages with it Thanks Carrie nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

A user noticed they nolonger have all there personal folders avail. How can I recover them? I tried the Inbox repair tool but that did not work. I had thei haappen before but I dont recall how to get them back.

A:How Do I Recover Lost .pst Folders

Did you search the HD to see if the pst file(s) are still there?

Do you have a recent backup?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88920/how-do-i-recover-lost-pst-folders/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to help a friend who forgot their administrator password. Anyone know how to remove it or recover the password?

A:How to recover lost password?

As the forum rules state:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
It would be "unwise" for any members here to risk being banned by offering such assistance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-lost-password.592318/