Windows Support Forum

View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Q: View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 89.01%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi i'm trying to change my wireless network via command line. Is this at all possible? Thanks

Relevancy 88.15%

I'm new to writing command line scripts and am trying to write one that will record time, date, and ip configuration each time my laptop signs on to a network (wireless mainly, but wired as well).

I don't know how to check for a connection in a script or what event is triggered when the network is connected.

Any help is much appreciated.

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi everyone,
In our organisation we are using wireless displaying technology to mirror devices onto our TV's. At present we are having troubles because of a Cisco VPN client we use on our machines. I have narrowed the problem down to the 'Deterministic Network Enhancer'
which is installed with the Cisco VPN which is linked to each network adapter.
I was wondering if there was a way to create a batch file which disables the deterministic network enhancer on each network adapter, I will also need one to turn it back on.
If you need further info please let me know
Thanks in advance

A:Disable Deterministic Network Enhancer for wireless adapters via command line script

Hi Mark
since I have limitation knowledge regarding related product which caused this issue, I suggest you contact Intel for WiDI and Cisco regarding this VPN client
There supposed to be workaround that will fix this issue, I suspect this is maybe caused by version only, try to contact Cisco regarding which version that not conflict with WiDi, if still persist I suggest contact Intel why this certain version caused WiDi
stop
What im suggest:
1. From the hardware site, make sure you have the latest update for processor, graphic card, and network related driver. PC manufactured site supposed to be have this files
2. From the Cisco side, other than update the DNE, ask Cisco regarding which version that might be work with WiDi
3. From the Intel side (WiDi), ask them how to configure this thing so it will not conflict with your Cisco VPN client
I also think this issue will be solved by upgrade driver (related to network), I cant make sure if certain version of Cisco VPN Client will be conflict with WiDi, that's why I suggest you to contact both Cisco and Intel
Please let us know the update, you reply might be help for the others
good luck

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d0b52b1-c674-4cb9-9aae-3161a98cef21/disable-deterministic-network-enhancer-for-wireless-adapters-via-command-line-script?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 83.42%

rundll exe shell dll Control RunDLL desk cpl opens display properties at Background Tab How would one open the display properties at effects or web tabs Second question Is it possible to pass the parameters to the desk cpl Example Call rundll exe shell dll Control RunDLL desk cpl and select Html or Pic Pattern Display Style Apply div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp interact with properties to Command display line div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members noveltech class username author dir auto noveltech a span a href threads command-line-to-interact-with-display-properties title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Nov at PM Nov span a span div div class publicControls a href threads command-line-to-interact-with-display-properties title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li li id post- class Command line to interact with display properties message data-author Mosaic div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class Command line to interact with display properties messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members mosaic class avatar Command line to interact with display properties Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data image png base iVBORw KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAGAAAABgCAYAAADimHc AAAG UlEQVR u d W bRhSGf a ZTuL RFExQt Kve W EEV aAo hRx ibxImulRO bl UdjQkJYsSVRHF e Mw c cbSiY GnXw QdiaeloAAEAASASAAJAJAAEgEgACQCAABIBEAAkAiAASARAAIAIkAEAASASAAJAJAAEgEgACQCAABIBEAAkAiAASAtLnETQ wHIcfvntleT TVfzy g w vH h Er hQcxzHPpzMVP c kohcOoFkNIJIKACfJEIQBGiahpmqoTcYQekPUJcVjKcz wBYJEkUUcgkcdNouWp P e LP mCgX eFoqIpeK rlRRGSKCIU COfTuDZ R aShfnVxX h PvArhbrG AcEuHxSxOSkXwPO oxGeTcaQTMXy ruJDuebdGJCIhhEJBVyzl GEPBJrtg fVzCF f Cxdf WMpzNoum cByHJ UiXp ce cEAMBBLo n ru MpnXLHz Hjf iQpvQHKdRmNdhczVZ zpwIyiRj simk lHmb LpBL UD Hm tvAihmUnh eQNd ywYB wS qbJr NcKo SIWvZ W Xi lzNVQ XZRqXZRj dwOnjEkRBuP XjaFdre lrvdigvStM HVhQFFNLJzX ng qqo nyzP fnxgWXxfz uPLi WQFv AFVjxz IMg N AUGsprruO SzrMqqy tjGUTEHvymGnF VIHd juwovQHeXbBu SeJOCrmvAHAvJvikRCioeBGbmN VRNQ lHMCBye B NcVhprfaZyvQWlN g Q sKgOFobPlwB n fzxKpNZWF skjpeBQBv dlVtbjTPy pj zi FQA z O xk ukElC J PF T LJO rjcd zLbUDUNVbm TwbrY lFnkEAIeqrDCpnCgIKGSSa eDb Q RG wcV OJWIR P hxpmZbhjoDoamccLeOAGGYeCm lrqgx sOgHs Ls r WTzvDEA Gd vSHrsy Nxix wQCHgBwuzuv zLzPBYJIRZePRhnU H JGkuH dRbbbvIa qnyQyeTsAjCYTV Y GLN RFGAJAq PwEAMBxP DKlePu VPSkil rTTb VwcEJsFuQ Rp hJ M cCdu pgPkAeWUJxomVAmjQ PS LfnAzvH Wt HtcBqB EMO fG OJnP c EQUFwhGB kM ygbXf GIwmtmM GEtsArbh j F X HkwRhqy IAAwA YbsqDLmbvsrTM uOkkC zNuSC J QLkmMzsuGg iFg trnzTCfikz C UxF dR cJoFLUoU Eo j dW qCWLPj QxNpbtyZWxOV t GcaSU ZWoHSQqSyTnb UqVvPQbYBVAAKKSTtt DUMDP NwNw DZlM cGbBsqlADbMsLYCwC INZUeRpPpZzcl NjLpB c XKH TsmUKyoyUy MpI J buqCpv RqGtMB AmARSrX KVuiOM FkqX mdgmnEXqBHw FX MYibCwbjpwVeP pgOu DH uJ ZCQcTnJpBPJSCJIhM Gu OK MrXbY G E oOmg hubI d E BWCmqmi uwtTUvOJsPP rusOMKAo OrGRzUwyzmyYO fpWQB Xw nYAoCAgF EzlqxsGyrWmewCUHlMQAsCh W YqUoFtp ZzlTIpmzPcwD rWjHTJugmE a j NdheTmerauIZNJhYNB FYXA CLhW P t mXPAbALrKV BsVscmna oYuKg LKTgpFR fooSDfrx VLK dW Uwg pptFi sJwMMD uF tiXriJN FmekeJ m evZo cuiZCyCb fMpU AJxfVW LPk CUDUNtSVvNbgZfM qtRTLXa g Pjq RG efEE bS W txHDKJGF eHN uPvtmRU W j xInak rT nADAF XtwoAAM lSHwvOWyPxWP lfhM XFdKZCEgVIoriww lod HH cX lfSuANzd ZoLonqr qvfpn nCF nCMk P l Ol eiFwZ w BlpYH lzfYpLG MwB p DF LSNHWbuqw FS eFIqIJ KrNzHb V OL quHKvvFMAlWYbJ d xgc RNvWcDzBH vcCaVkb gkY HIQkChAEAbqmY qq A H PQHqMmKfW q Wqa oPGbkXfESMABIBEAAgAiQAQABIBIAAkAkAASASAAJAIAAEgEQACQCIABIBEAAgAiQAQABIBIAAkAkAASASAAJBc j bb Duvqk BQAAAABJRU ErkJggg width height alt Mosaic a div h class userText a href members mosaic class username dir auto itemprop name Mosaic a h div class extraUserInfo dl class pairsJustified dt Joined dt dd Aug dd dl dl class pairsJustifie... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/command-line-to-interact-with-display-properties.103483/
Relevancy 73.96%

I want to hide this. I'm running a python progam (if that matters) and it always has that open on my taskbar. I want to hide it. I don't care where it goes or how much time it takes, I just want to hide it. So I never have to deal with it. Maybe make it a system process or something? I don't know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hide-program-command-line-prompt-window-command-line-argument.230843/
Relevancy 70.95%

Anybody know the command to copy a disk? Like Linux = cp /dev/sda /dev/sdb , or dd xyz -> xyx

What's the Windows command line syntax for this copy task?

A:Command line to clone disk? COMMAND line; NOT 3rd party app.

No. Don't believe that is built in. The latest Windows versions have imaging software built in with a GUI.

Or, DD For Windows

Free system imaging/backup software:

Macrium Reflect (Free)
O&O Disk Image Express
Comodo Time Machine
Clonezilla Live (A bootable CD of Debian with Clonezilla.)
Paragon Backup & Recovery
Drive Image XML
PING (Partimage is not Ghost)
Partition Saving
Clonezilla

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/command-line-to-clone-disk-command-line-not-3rd-party-app.989432/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am attempting to add a printer via the command line using a batch file as an admin (to eventually deploy via SCCM TS on Win10):
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /ga /n"\\my network printer"
The command appears to run successfully but I am not able to find any trace of this printer in my printer list, print management, or in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SYSTEM → CurrentControlSet → Control → Print → Printers)
When I attempt to run it a second time I get the error message "Unable to add the per machine printer connection. Another printer or printer share with this name already exists. Please use another name for the printer."
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58564-network-printer-not-showing-when-installing-via-command-line.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I know you can drag and drop files in Windows explorer from you local drive to a SharePoint document folder in My Network Places and I have no problems doing this. What I need to do is automate this UI action using a line command. Does anyone know the line command used by this drag-and-drop event?

I found several suggestions to map a drive letter to the site then simply perform a DOS COPY or XCOPY but my share point document folder is located on a server using a distinct port (e.g., http://asdfgh101p:14676/personal/Reports/) so I can not use the "net use" command to map a drive letter. It gives me a, "System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found" error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/command-line-copy-to-sharepoint-network-folder-450798.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,
this is my second post on this subject but im editing the title slightly ...

im in need of a command or program that'll allow me to view devices on my network that my windows 7 pc can see also ?

im basically having issues using 'wireless sync' via iTunes.

I have a main router where the internet comes in .. virgin broadband...

...and then a Belkin access point attached to the Virgin Router using one of the ports via lan ...

then all my wireless devices in the house are connected to the Belkin AP, not the Virgin router.

when i connect the devices to the virgin router wirelessly, my pc can see them ... all good !

but when i connect them to the Bel..AP, itunes doesnt see them

so im just wanting to see if my pc windows 7, actually sees devices connected wirelessly to the Bel..AP ...

many thanks in advance ...
stuart

A:a program or command to view devices connected to network ?

Hi stuart,
the windows task Mgr shows you.
on screenshot
connected is my virgin/wireless(belkin usbN)
disconnected my printer

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/284140-program-command-view-devices-connected-network.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 65.36%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Somehow the line that you put web sites -- after the http --has disappeared. I'm sure that there's a simple way to get it back but I'm new to WIN XP. Can someone help.

A:Lost command line -- line with site addresses WinXP

I think you are talking about the address bar in a web browser???

You did not mention what browser you are using. For Internet Explorer 6, right click in any other visible menu bar and then make sure that "Address Bar" is checked in the box that pops up. This may work for other versions of Internet Explorer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-command-line-line-with-site-addresses-winxp.530272/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi!

I need before calling one program insert text into clipboard.
I can do batch for this, but really don't know any command to send any text to clipboard.
Exist any command or method how to do it?

Thank you for all.
Miro36

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129225-exist-command-line-command-insert-text-into-clipboaard.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I'm trying to split a flv file by using flvparse which is a Windows-only command-line interface tool I did get through to the directory by following instructions posted on another forum however command prompt doesn't seem to recognize the the exe file I'm an absolute novice at this any help would be really appreciated Attaching a CP s s and here are the instructions I'm trying to follow copy pasted to Command the doesnt Prompt line!! seem recognize command from the forum FLVPARSER For trimming the beginning and or ending of videos you can use FLVParser http dev avacast com FLVparser zip FLVParser is a Windows-only command-line interface tool After you unzip it move its folder to C for ease of use Also for ease of use copy move the flv file Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!! you wish to edit into the FLVParse folder Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!! To make edits you need to know the in and out points where you want the edits Use FLVPlayer to find these points FLVPLayer only lists times in total number of seconds not HH MM SS but don't worry FLVParser can handle that In the FLVParse directory create a new blank text file called CuePointFile dat This is the file FLVParser uses to edit from Open it in NotePad and enter the in point and out point separated by a single blank space like so Save and close Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!! the file Open up the command line interface and go to the FLVParse directory cd C FLVParse In the command line enter this to edit the flv flvparse exe FileToSplit flv CuePointFile dat Your file will be split into THREE files FileToSplit flv contains from the beginning of your file up to the in point FileToSplit flv contains from the in point up to the out point FileToSplit flv contains from the out point to the end of the file Obviously you can discard the quot quot and quot quot versions of the file You can open the quot quot version in FLVPlayer to check it edited correctly Thank you so very much Pranjali

A:Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!!

You are using the basic cmd, try in elevated mode
Elevated Command Prompt - Windows 7 Forums

However looking at you screen shot, you may have to check the command over carefully. There does appear to be an error in the command. With my eyes, it is difficult at times to pick out the subtle shades of difference.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291312-command-prompt-doesnt-seem-recognize-command-line.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone, what is the commmand for command prompt to stop a process? What i would like to do is make a shortcut to stop the KBD.exe process. The reason for that is when someone in my family puts a disk in, plays a game, and sometimes when they take the disk out it complains about there being no disk in the drive. The only way to shut it up is to end the process in the task manager and click cancel on the window. This way is a little to complicated for some of the memebers of my family and i would like to be able to just create a shortcut for it.

A:Whats the command line command to stop a process?

Quote:

Originally Posted by djw2009913

Hi everyone, what is the commmand for command prompt to stop a process? What i would like to do is make a shortcut to stop the KBD.exe process. The reason for that is when someone in my family puts a disk in, plays a game, and sometimes when they take the disk out it complains about there being no disk in the drive. The only way to shut it up is to end the process in the task manager and click cancel on the window. This way is a little to complicated for some of the memebers of my family and i would like to be able to just create a shortcut for it.

Click on Start, then run
type in cmd to get to command prompt
type in taskkill /f kbd.exe

The forward slash /f forces it to kill the process.
Here is link for some examples

http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips446.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whats-the-command-line-command-to-stop-a-process-71416.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My laptop (Dell 600m, Window XP) can't detect wireless network suddenly. On the lower right hand corner, there's an "X" on the wireless network icon. I've tried "view the available network", "repair" by right clicking the icon but it did not go anywhere. I also checked the "wireless switch" (Fn+F2) and device manager->network adapter->Intel PRO 2200BG wireless connector, both seems to be fine. So, any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.92%

In the family of 5 men only, 3 laptop and 1 desktop...we need A WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTION without phone being connected to it. we don't have HOME-PHONE nor do we need it? We just want WIRELESS INTERNET without home phone line.

We know a few companies like TPG, OPTUS and TELSTRA, We don't WANT THEM, they are too expensive,..any other network that you can recommend for us...?

We want to know what we needs (type of router will be OK, i know the best) but still tell us your best. and what else should come with it?

the amount of money we would be spending monthly on that WIRELESS NETWORK is -$59 Australians Dollars with more Gigabytes we consider that.

Pls: No Telstra or OPTUS Internet, I hate to death.
Help is needed now......

Relevancy 61.92%

Just moving in to this new place downtown. I have been given two options, either get a wireless network card so I can connect to my landlord's line OR apply for a new Telus internet connection/cable (connect to socket through wall). I have never been a fan of wireless connections, but I've done some research with few answers. So should I go for a wireless where I have to buy a new card or pay monthly for a new Telus internet line? It's for my desktop by the way.
I game a lot, multiplayer, and download stuff too.. torrents. Was thinking about wireless how it would drop sometimes. But it's not a big apartment and the main connection is only about a room away. It'd be good if I can get recommendations which to get, thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/192878-wireless-network-card-new-telus-line-cable.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all, what command would I run to set JUST the secondary DNS on clients machine, and nothing else? I appreciate the help! :)

A:[SOLVED] What is the command line command to set up secondary DNS?

:) Anyone have any idea? Maybe this can be moved to the 2003 server forum?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-what-is-the-command-line-command-to-set-up-secondary-dns-488828.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I cant view network computers via wireless in windows xp.

its my work computer and i need to connect to the printer is anybody can help me asap i would gladly appreciate it...thank you in advanced...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\bodyshop2>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bodyshop2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : launchmodem.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-3F-D8-C9-4A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : launchmodem.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless-B Notebook Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-66-06-6A-C8
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, June 18, 2007 9:16:37 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:16:37 AM

Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings,
i'm having an HP laptop with windows 7 installed on it, but cannot view available wireless network. under network and settings i can see the wireless network card, which means the wireless drivers has been installed. but can't view my wireless network but other computers are viewing my wireless network.

Please i need your help.
Thanks

A:WIN 7, laptop unable to view available wireless network

What model is the HP?
Make and model of the wireless card?
Is it showing any wireless networks, just not yours?
Is the wireless card turned on? i.e., Wireless indicator light is on.
Has the card been disabled? No Wireless icon in task bar, shows disabled status in Network and Setings or Properties.
Have you checked Device Manager, Network Adapters to see if any problem indicators show?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-laptop-unable-to-view-available-wireless-network.1076693/
Relevancy 61.06%

I m going to try to include as much info as I won't Can network wireless view connect but laptop can but please bare with me as I m struggling with all of this and am utterly frustrated after weeks of trying to figure out what s going on Basically I have a Gateway laptop it s about yrs old has had some issues in the past and is now operating on a bootleg copies of Windows tablet XP I have been connecting Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect to the wireless router that is set up in our house but there were some connectivity issues recently and my mother reinstalled Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect it and set up the network all over again Now I cannot connect with my laptop The network will show up as available to connect and when I click on it it asks for the WEP key which my mother set and I type it in and nothing happens It doesn t give me an error message that I typed Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect in the wrong key The box simply goes away and I stay unconnected Nothing on my laptop was changed in anyway from when it was connecting to when it wasn t There is another Newer Dell Laptop in the house and that can connect to the wireless network and work without issue I m at a total loss as to what I should do and its becoming quite a sore topic in our house Please Help if you can The router is a belkin router if that helps at all nbsp

A:Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect

no help with pirated versions of windows here

closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-view-wireless-network-but-laptop-wont-connect.948772/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there, I have 1 laptop and 1 Desktop PC connected to my wireless network, using a adapter for the desktop. I cannot see my desktop for example if i go to "network" on my laptop. the only computer there is my laptop, but not my desktop. I have enabled sharing etc...and tried going to the individual folders and enabling them for sharing. No luck. Would appreciate any help at all.

Relevancy 61.06%

I can't get a vista PC to view web pages on a wireless network. It is connecting OK via a Netgear USB adapter with updated Vista drivers and Netgear software but when I try to reach a page I get "page not found"

I have noticed in the IE address bar it is trying to reach a long garbled URL beginning with autoredirectaol%"*%&)$

ISP is AOL.

Could it be wanting to to sign into AOL first?

Norton Internet Security is also installed could this be blocking something?

Still getting to grips with Vista so any help would be appreciated

Ian

A:can't get a vista PC to view web pages on a wireless network

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Also...

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Go to Start and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Go to Start and type in "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Go to Start and type in regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-a-vista-pc-to-view-web-pages-on-a-wireless-network.656826/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys,
I am trying to log into my wireless network at home and when I try to view wireless networks I get a box that tells me I do not have sufficient privileges to access or change them.

Its XP, IBM Thinkpad laptop..

A:Cannot View Wireless Network on Laptop? Error

Are you running as an administrator? If yes, reply back to me with more detail. If no, log on as an administrator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-wireless-network-on-laptop-error.710051/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have 2 computers (2 desktops, both desktops have a wireless connection to the internet via a Netgear router and USB adapters). Both computers have the same workgroup name and all use Windows XP Home SP2. Both computers connect to the internet fine, however,I can open a file or folder from workgroup computer PC 2 from PC 1, but when I try to access a folder on PC1 from PC 2 I get an error message states that the file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The network path was not found. Also, when I try to view workgroup computers from either PC I see only the comptuter I am searching from.

Other information that might be useful: Windows Firewalls are on, AVG Internet Security is installed and running on one and McAfee Security is running on the other one. I can ping each one to the othe fine. All permissions are properly set for sharing.

A:Cannot view workgroup computers via Wireless Network?

Can you ping both ways by computer name? Have you disabled all firewalls to see if this is a firewall issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-workgroup-computers-via-wireless-network.614697/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I have two computers a desktop (pc1) and a laptop (pc2) I cannot get the laptop to see any shared folders on pc1. I have had a computer company come to my house to network it and they spent over 2 hours but could not get the laptop to see the desktop. I have a linksys wireless router and a netgear adapter for my desktop and a wireless card for my lap top. I have unchecked the simple file sharing on the desktop. Please help, no one has been able to fix this problem. Both computers have XP Professional with service pack 2. Thanks for your help.

steve

A:[RESOLVED] laptop cannot view desktop on wireless network

What firewall on the Desktop? . . you can disable it long enough to set up the sharing, then enable it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-laptop-cannot-view-desktop-on-wireless-network-172727.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i wiped my laptop and now the View wireless network icon is gone. any ideas how i could get it back because now i cannot connect to the internet

A:View Wireless network icon is gone after a wipe on my laptop

Please do not post duplicate threads on the same issue. Your other thread is located here. http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108...op-388788.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/view-wireless-network-icon-is-gone-after-a-wipe-on-my-laptop-388784.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm am creating a wireless network for my boss and would like to know if i can use a wireless/wired computer with the installed camera software on it to access the cameras that are hardwired on another computer via a wireless router. the computer that currently monitors the cameras is not hooked up to the internet, so im thinking of putting a wireless LAN on it to have it access the router and have the office computer access the cameras via the router. I wish i knew the name of the camera software to give you. any input would be great. thanks!!!

A:Hooking up a wireless network to view security camera images

Yes having a camera would work. Your camera must be an IP camera or network camera. For you to be able to do this you will need to know the brand of the camera so that you could open up the ports [Transfer image ports, Sound ports etc.]

If you like to your camera via:

LAN: This is possible by opening up the browser and typing in the IP address of the camera

Internet/WAN: Open a browser and put in the WAN IP of your router and the port ex. http:66.x.x.x:8080

Let me know if there is anymore unclear to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-up-a-wireless-network-to-view-security-camera-images.515992/
Relevancy 59.77%

I came across this (hopefully) helpful article about command line basics.

Speaking UNIX: Command the power of the command line

Learn the basics of the UNIX shell and discover how you can use the command line to combine a finite set of UNIX utilities into data transforms.

A:Command the power of the command line

Good stuff, but then there's something wrong with his verbatim copy of a directory... You should add the p option to the tar extraction command, in order to preserve file attributes (ctime, mtime, atime, owner, group) - ie, tar xpvf and not tar xvf.

I use this regularly in order to make verbatim copies of a directory:

(cd /path/to/src/dir && tar cf - .)|(cd /path/to/dst/dir && tar xpvf -)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/command-the-power-of-the-command-line.45985/
Relevancy 59.77%

I came across this (hopefully) helpful article about command line basics.

Speaking UNIX: Command the power of the command line

Learn the basics of the UNIX shell and discover how you can use the command line to combine a finite set of UNIX utilities into data transforms.

A:Command the power of the command line

Good stuff, but then there's something wrong with his verbatim copy of a directory... You should add the p option to the tar extraction command, in order to preserve file attributes (ctime, mtime, atime, owner, group) - ie, tar xpvf and not tar xvf.

I use this regularly in order to make verbatim copies of a directory:

(cd /path/to/src/dir && tar cf - .)|(cd /path/to/dst/dir && tar xpvf -)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/command-the-power-of-the-command-line.45985/
Relevancy 59.77%

I need some help but probably don t have a full grasp on the problem so SSH/Putty for command command line Need don t really know how to ask for help I will describe what I have and hopefully it will help to describe what I want to accomplish I have a Linksys Need command for SSH/Putty command line router with DD-WRT installed I am able Need command for SSH/Putty command line to SSH Telnet into the router I would like to be able to reboot or shutdown my computer remotely from the command line during a Putty SSH session Here is how I make the session connection In Putty I enter the static IP address and port default is under quot Session quot Under quot SSH gt Tunnels quot I enter the quot source port quot again and quot Destination quot ex - then hit quot Add quot then quot Open quot This opens a command line where I enter quot user quot and quot pwd quot the defaults are root and admin I am now connected to my router and I can use Remote Desktop to get control over my remote computer using XP Pro My question is While at the command prompt is there a command to reboot or shutdown my remote computer Is there a list of other commands that are available here BTW at the command prompt I can start my remote computer Wake on LAN by typing the following command usr sbin wol -i MA CAD RE SS where the last portion is the MAC address nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-command-for-ssh-putty-command-line.771253/
Relevancy 59.77%

I want to create a setup whereas a command line command can be run from any directory/folder, without having to be in the directory/folder whereas the command line command resides ?

A:Executing command line command anywhere ?

Add the directory the cmd or bat files resides in to the PATH environment variable.

Quote:
To check or modify the system PATH environment variable, do the following:

XP: Right clock on My Computer
Vista, 7: Right click on Computer
Windows 8, 10: Right click on This PC

Select Properties

Vista, 7, 8, 10: Click on Advanced System Properties on the left

On the Advanced tab, click on Environment Variables
Under System Variables, scroll down to Path
Select it then click Edit

An easy way to look at all of it is to right click on the highlighted Variable Value field and select copy, then start Notepad and paste the data into there. That way you can easily look at all of it.

It's also a lot easier to make changes in Notepad then copy and paste the changed data back into the Path Variable Value field.

Click Ok as needed to exit when done

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365268-executing-command-line-command-anywhere.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 57.19%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently installed a recording program for music, and i need to turn down the line in mic in volumes in the controll pannel. The volume sliders in that window are grey and undjustable...

I double clicked on the speaker icon on the start up bar,
brought up the master volume controll window.
under options i clicked on properties,
I checked and am showing all volume controlls under both mixer devices
I then opened the master volume window again and cliked the advanced option.
The only thing i could Adjust was the mic boost, Wich was alreay on,
so i turned it off. and that doesnt help me

I am lost. I need to turn down the line in mic in volume for recording. how do i do it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-line-in-mic-in-recording-volume-and-properties.676657/
Relevancy 56.76%

Does anyone know how to set the command prompt default properties (options, font, layout, and colors)? I know how to set properties after I open a command prompt (as outlined in Command Prompt - Personalize). I want to change the default properties such that any command prompt I open (e.g. 'Open command window here') has the same properties. I've searched the forums, I've poked around in the registry, but have not found an answer. Any ideas?

A:Command Prompt Default Properties

Open cmd window , on upper border right click - Properties

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/165579-command-prompt-default-properties.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
can somebody enlighten me how to make a folder view permanent.
Somehow my vista pc doesnt remember the folder view settings i set for a directory folder. Its nagging me. rookies out there - please explain.
many thanks in advance !

regards,
http://www.spaceboy.in

A:Folder view properties - how to fix

Check out post #2 by Kieth.
Stop Vista changing folder view due to folder content
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-6bd13d80b899/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/folder-view-properties-how-to-fix-356091.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Into my Videos folder, that Vista set up for me under my user name,
I moved some files from my video camera.
But I want all properties to appear - all at once - without having to go
to each file individually and look at its Details section.

In the HELP file, it says as follows:
To view all the properties

The Details pane is convenient, but it doesn't show all of the properties that are associated with a file. If you need to see all the properties that are associated with a file, follow these steps: Open the folder that contains the file whose properties you want to see. Right-click the file whose properties you want to see, and then click Properties. Click the Details tab to see all the properties associated with this file.
The problem is ==> THERE IS NO DETAILS TAB !!! !!!

A:How to View ALL properties of a File?

Can you right-click the columns in windows explorer/my documents, choose add to column and then select the columns you want to appear that are in the details tab like size, metadata, date changed etc?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240778-how-view-all-properties-file.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi...

I can't view the properties of my files, when I right click on a file and choose its properties... I could see the properties of a folder though... Why so.. So strange... Help...

A:Can't View Properties of a File

How about a screenshot of a specific failure and are you getting any error messages?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/31173-cant-view-properties-file.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi...

I can't view the properties of my files, when I right click on a file and choose its properties... I could see the properties of a folder though... Why so.. So strange... Help...

A:Can't View Properties of a File

Now, when I right clicked on a file, system hangs and explorer.exe restarted.

Event Viewer shows an error like below...

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 9/18/2013 2:06:31 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: NRT
Description:
The program explorer.exe version 6.2.9200.16384 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1404
Start Time: 01ceb4404e976013
Termination Time: 0
Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Report Id: 69888c44-203d-11e3-bf1c-50e549984320
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-09-18T08:36:31.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>15076</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>NRT</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>explorer.exe</Data>
<Data>6.2.9200.16384</Data>
<Data>1404</Data>
<Data>01ceb4404e976013</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\explorer.exe</Data>
<Data>69888c44-203d-11e3-bf1c-50e549984320</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305358-cant-view-properties-file.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Exactly what the title says. When i try to view properties on anything from a desktop shortcut to a disk drive the computer wont let me. No error box or anything it just wont open properties.

I found a question similar to this but the answer required some addres bar in "my computer" (eg. C:/program files/example) but I dont have that on "my computer". Is that another problem? Can it be fixed or will I have to work around it?

A:unable to view properties

Hi Nube, thats an interesting delema. I don't think I have ever heard of this occuring. Let's see if you and I can figure out whats going on here. Now if you right click on a short cut there is usually no properties to click on, but the disk drives should have a properties option. Let's see if its just the short cuts and disk drives or if it's everything. Go to start - control panel. Then click on systems icon. Click on the device manger button. Then choose something in there and right click it. See if you get a properties option there that you can open. Then let me know.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the quick tools option located at the top of this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-view-properties-509016.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently cleaned my computer of some hijackers and trojans but I m still having a problem If I right click on a file and try to select either the Properties or Sharing command it will select them but nothing opens Everything else seems to be running normally except my CPU usage is all the time Could it files. on open 'properties' Can't or command 'sharing' be the Gator related files That s the only suspicious ones left These are my Ad-aware and HiJackThis logs Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Can't open 'properties' or 'sharing' command on files. SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system Can't open 'properties' or 'sharing' command on files. spoolsv exe C WINNT System CTsvcCDA EXE C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Serv-U SERVUD EXE C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT System MsPMSPSv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT system mobsync exe C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy RemoteCenter Rc Rcman exe C email protected email protected C Popup Ad Filter PopFilter exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C WindowBlinds wbload exe C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe C Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy RemoteCenter Rc OSDMenu EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy RemoteCenter Rc EAX exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy RemoteCenter Rc VRC exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy RemoteCenter Center RCenter exe C Program Files Creative ShareDLL MediaDet Exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Administrator Start Menu Programs HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - E F D A- F - D - - A CCE - C PROGRA SVAPLA SVAPLA DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINNT Updreg exe O - HKLM Run Jet Detection C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe O - HKLM Run ElbyCheckElbyCDFL C CloneCD ElbyCheck exe L ElbyCDFL O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run monitr C Program Files Canon MultiPASS monitr exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run CMESys quot C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe quot O - HKCU Run RemoteCenter C Program Files Creative SBAudigy RemoteCenter Rc Rcman exe O - HKCU Run seticlient C email protected email protected -min O - HKCU Run Popup Ad Filter C Popup Ad Filter PopFilter exe O - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - HKCU Run WindowBlinds C WindowBlinds wbload exe auto O - Startup Winamp lnk C Winamp winamp exe O - Global Startup GStartup lnk C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm Pro lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe O - Extra context menu item Allow Popups - C Popup Ad Filter WhiteGetUrl js O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AOL Instant Messenger SM HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button WeatherBug HKCU O - Plugin for mpeg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mpg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins... Read more

A:Can't open 'properties' or 'sharing' command on files.

or could it be

O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-properties-or-sharing-command-on-files.237563/
Relevancy 56.33%

After the current Windows 7 updates when I go to right click on my hard drive c: or even an external hard drive I get the following error "The properties for this item are not available." I swear the only thing worst than a virus to my system is Windows updates. Except for a system restore any other options. Already tried sfc /scannow and as usual it has proven itself again to be a worthless piece of crap. Chkdsk of hard drive did nothing either.

A:Cannot View Properties Of Hard Drive

You are missing registry entries under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Copy and paste the below into a txt file and change the extension to .reg then
double click and enter it into the registry and this should fix the problem.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\EnhancedStorageShell]
@="{2854F705-3548-414C-A113-93E27C808C85}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing]
@="{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{078C597B-DCDD-4D0F-AA16-6EE672D1110B}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{59099400-57FF-11CE-BD94-0020AF85B590}]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{D6791A63-E7E2-4fee-BF52-5DED8E86E9B8}]
"{D6791A63-E7E2-4fee-BF52-5DED8E86E9B8}"="Portable Devices Menu"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\FolderExtensions]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\FolderExtensions\{fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}]
"DriveMask"=dword:00000020

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers]
@="{5F5295E0-429F-1069-A2E2-08002B30309D}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Sharing]
@="{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{1f2e5c40-9550-11ce-99d2-00aa006e086c}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{55B3A0BD-4D28-42fe-8CFB-FA3EDFF969B8}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{5F5295E0-429F-1069-A2E2-08002B30309D}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{7988B573-EC89-11cf-9C00-00AA00A14F56}]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{D12267B4-252D-409A-86F9-81BACD3DCBB2}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{ECCDF543-45CC-11CE-B9BF-0080C87CDBA6}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{ef43ecfe-2ab9-4632-bf21-58909dd177f0}]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}]
@=""

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127177-cannot-view-properties-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 56.33%

XP Pro
Suddenly I am unable to view folder properties if I right click on a folder and choose properties the item just closes - any ideas?

Now have found that if I stop the inetinfo process I can view properties - some kind of prob opening the security tab??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-view-display-folder-properties-xp-pro.318805/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi,

in a web browser, if u right click on a picture, it gives u the option to view its properties (its location, filename, etc..); how do you do it in in excel or word? in word and excel 2003, when i rightclick on an embedded object (let's say picture), right clicking gives me the option to format , hyperlink, blah blah, but it doesnt give me the option to view its properties like in ie or opera

please help

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-view-properties-in-ms-office-apps.366765/
Relevancy 56.33%

Here is a strange problem and it really doesn't bother me until I need to change directory sharing or something.

I am running Windows 2000 SP2. If I right click a drive or directory and choose properties, nothing happens. It used to work just fine and I am not sure what exactly happened. I was wondering if anybody has any ideas. I was thinking that the properties dialog box is an API call from a .dll but what .dll is the question. Any help would be great.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-view-drive-directory-properties.49732/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am using windowsXP and Realtek HD Audio Manager , When I go for yahoo conference chatting,I got the error "The Computers audio mixer could not be intialized". When I checked in google, it gives some thing to be doing Line In properties in Volume Control. But When I Click Volume Control (Speaker Icon) and select options and select properties, I didn't find Line In option or check box. WHat should I need to do to bring the Line In property. Do I need to reinstall the driver ? Or need to change to some setting.Pls help me on that..

Reply ASAP

Thanx in advance

Rajesh

A:Line In properties not available in Volume contol , using xp Realtek HD Audio Manager

You have to choose the Recording radio button to see input channels.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-properties-not-available-in-volume-contol-using-xp-realtek-hd-audio-manager.39310/
Relevancy 55.9%

Just read this article in " Makeuseof" Actually very cool!! Thought I'd share it

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...rs-in-windows/

A:How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows

Originally Posted by AnEdge

Just read this article in " Makeuseof" Actually very cool!! Thought I'd share it

Yeah, quite cool to be able to match it to your theme!

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/37871-how-change-command-prompt-colors-properties-windows.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I want to run code from an activex command button in MS Word 2007 that reads and changes the caption and name of the command button. Is that possible? If so, how do I do it? I have some experience with VBA from MS Access and thought I could use Me.Name or Me.Properties.Name or something similar but that does not appear to be available.

Thanks for any help!

A:Access command button properties in Word 2007

This would be easy in something like C# but I can't find a way to tell VBA to run anything other than the [CurrentName]_Click event when it is clicked. If you only need to change it a few times and to known (before program execution) values then this can be done using the known values.
Code:

Private Sub bye_Click()
bye.Name = "hi"
bye.Caption = "hi"
End Sub
Private Sub hi_Click()
hi.Name = "bye"
hi.Caption = "bye"
End Sub
I'm guessing you need something smarter than this but just incase this is all you need...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-command-button-properties-in-word-2007.1058888/
Relevancy 55.9%

A:How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows

Originally Posted by AnEdge

Yeah, quite cool to be able to match it to your theme!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37871-how-change-command-prompt-colors-properties-windows.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear Forum,

I am just wondering if someone could assist me in knowing whether a file, folder is shared by displaying it down the bottom of the preview pane like the one attached.

I am having some time in going through each individual file to see if it is shared or not.

Thank you

A:How to view if it is a shared item navigation properties

Hello Melissa,

You can show Shared in the column view in explorer.
Shared, Shared with, Shared Status:

You can also see your shares but not shared files in the Computer Management:Shared Folders

Loki

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278944-how-view-if-shared-item-navigation-properties.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a user who has a machine with a single local account on it They can log in using LAC account have doesn't Permissions Only view Properties to the account and we need them to edit their TCP IP settings in order to have them connect to us and join our domain As I said there is only local account on the machine The problem is I get as far as having them get to the adapters right-clicking on the Local Area Connection and selecting properties to get Only account doesn't have Permissions to view LAC Properties to the TCP IP settings and UAC pops up saying they need to enter an administrator username and password They enter the only account on the computer which definitely has admin privileges it would have to as Only account doesn't have Permissions to view LAC Properties the only account anyway and it tells them Only account doesn't have Permissions to view LAC Properties that isn't an admin account and they still don't have permissions to view the LAC properties And of course the same deal if they try to turn UAC off Any idea why they are running into this wall and how to solve it

A:Only account doesn't have Permissions to view LAC Properties

Give this a shot:
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175969-only-account-doesnt-have-permissions-view-lac-properties.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Yesterday when i downloaded a file called browse php to my desktop from my site using filezilla the file didn't show up After refreshing the page it still wasn't there But after about - seconds it suddently showed up but not as a php file and not with the same name It doesn't have a name at all it's just blank And i Can't ideas? delete Any file view properties. it's or can't view the file properties or anything with it When i try to delete Can't delete file or view it's properties. Any ideas? it i get a message saying quot Are you sure you want to delete these icons from your desktop This entry can't be deleted quot and there is a yes and no button Can't delete file or view it's properties. Any ideas? But it doesn't matter which button i press nothing happens anyways As i said above the Can't delete file or view it's properties. Any ideas? file shows up on my desktop But if i browse to my desktop using the explorer it isn't there Here's a screenshot of the file Oh and btw i haven't had any problems at all uploading or downloading files to my site since then Any help would be really appreciated Thanks

A:Can't delete file or view it's properties. Any ideas?

If you have not restarted since the file was created do that. See if you can remove it. If it still refuses to go away, try booting to safe mode to remove it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-delete-file-or-view-its-properties-any-ideas-388964.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Every single time I view any file's properties context-menu right-click - gt Properties it always immediately launches an installation of an already-installed but disabled application Whaaat the heck is going on I'm running -bit Windows Pro SP The app it keeps trying to install is MacDrive but I think that may be more incidental than anything else I say that because I experienced the exact same thing perhaps - years ago under -bit XP Pro SP except it tried to install something else I can't recall what Although MacDrive is already installed I Huh? Whenever install to properties, file I tries view Win7 something! any almost never use it and so I've disabled all the services and all other startup stuff related to MacDrive using my startup manager So the puzzling fact that Win is so desperate to Huh? Whenever I view any file properties, Win7 tries to install something! install MacDrive again is truly weird and extremely annoying It usually takes three attempts to cancel the unwanted installation after which the file's property window comes up normally I've thoroughly scanned for malware and found none Also I've some reliable registry check and repair tools Iolo's System Mechanic's Registry Tuner and Wise Registry Cleaner Afterwards no registry errors were reported at all What the heck is going on What bizarre connection is there between viewing a file's properties and a forced install of anything

A:Huh? Whenever I view any file properties, Win7 tries to install something!

If you have no use for MacDrive, why not uninstall it altogether instead of disabling its components? If you wanna keep it though, reinstall it to fix whatever part of it is broken. Reinstalling will most likely re-enable disabled components.

We can test if the setup launches because of the disabled functionalities by enabling MacDrive and attempting to reproduce the problem. If it goes away when MacDrive is enabled, then it means disabling it is the reason for the setup application launching every time you right-click. If the problem occurs whether MacDrive is enabled or not, that would indicate a corrupt installation and reinstalling is necessary to fix it.

Stay away from registry cleaners if you do not have advanced knowledge on the Windows Registry's internals. Running that cleaner might as well be the reason for this problem to begin with because some valid entry for MacDrive might have been deleted/altered after being flagged as an invalid/erroneous entry by the registry cleaner thus breaking the MacDrive installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/huh-whenever-i-view-any-file-properties-win7-tries-to-install-something-821130.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was given a laptop to try an repair None of the applications would open it either asked how you want to open it or say no application found After several tries I was able to do a virus scan Couple Trojans and virus Still no change in laptop I googled the question and found someone asking a question with similar problem amp was told to download this scan I figured I had nothing to lose the laptop wasn command how you a do get line? t working so I outsmarted the virus amp downloaded the program After downloading it needed to reboot but before I allowed it to reboot I noticed the how do you get a command line? applications suddenly working Rebooted amp scanned Its came up with Trojans viruses amp over accounts of spyware To remove them was with mail in rebate My friend suggested that what I had downloaded was one of those scams that give you the Trojan amp make you think they are getting rid of it for a price They suggested I do a killdisk to wipe out the HDD and reinstall how do you get a command line? the OS Killdisk worked it says I need to do a FDISK amp FORMAT before I can download the new OS I can t figure out how to do that I get a blank black screen with a curser but it won t take any code I have tried downloading the OS windows XP and it says it can t find any hard disk drives What am I doing wrong nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

If I have created a new folder on my C: file and named it: "Odd Bods" for example.

Using the DEL Command Prompt in XP, what is the exact syntax to forcibly delete it?

I have tried by opening the Command Prompt and typing in "CD \" then enter to bring up the cursor "C:\>". Then I have typed: "Del /F Odd Bods" and "enter". The message then comes up; "Are you sure? y/n". I then type: "y" and enter, but the folder is not deleted.

Help!

A:DEL command line

If folder is on desktop:

Start
Run
Enter 'cmd /k' (no quotes)
Enter 'cd\' (will get you the C:\ prompt)
Enter 'cd\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Desktop'
Enter 'dir /w'

If you can see the item, Enter 'erase [filename]'

del [filename] also works - for a directory (maybe folders too) RD [directory] works

edit: if you do the Start, run, cmd /k thing then type 'help' you'll get a list of the limited MSDOS commands remaining in the poor excuse for DOS XP supports.

For details on those, type, for example, 'help del' and you'll get the possible options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/del-command-line.114547/
Relevancy 55.47%

Is there a cmd.exe /switch for ?run as administrator? ?

Thanks-

A:Command Line

Quote: Originally Posted by win7clutz

Is there a cmd.exe /switch for ?run as administrator? ?

Thanks-

Not that I'm aware of, but if you click the start orb, type "cmd" (without quotes) then right-click "cmd.exe" in the search results, you can then select "Run as Administrator" (but you already knew that...)

Here is a part of the switches available to CMD.EXE (You can get more by opening a command line window, then type "CMD /?" (without quotes) and pressing <ENTER>:

Code:
C:\Users\Peter Dzomlija>cmd /?
Starts a new instance of the Windows command interpreter
CMD [/A | /U] [/Q] [/D] [/E:ON | /E:OFF] [/F:ON | /F:OFF] [/V:ON | /V:OFF]
[[/S] [/C | /K] string]
/C Carries out the command specified by string and then terminates
/K Carries out the command specified by string but remains
/S Modifies the treatment of string after /C or /K (see below)
/Q Turns echo off
/D Disable execution of AutoRun commands from registry (see below)
/A Causes the output of internal commands to a pipe or file to be ANSI
/U Causes the output of internal commands to a pipe or file to be
Unicode
/T:fg Sets the foreground/background colors (see COLOR /? for more info)
/E:ON Enable command extensions (see below)
/E:OFF Disable command extensions (see below)
/F:ON Enable file and directory name completion characters (see below)
/F:OFF Disable file and directory name completion characters (see below)
/V:ON Enable delayed environment variable expansion using ! as the
delimiter. For example, /V:ON would allow !var! to expand the
variable var at execution time. The var syntax expands variables
at input time, which is quite a different thing when inside of a FOR
loop.
/V:OFF Disable delayed environment expansion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41993-command-line.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey can anyone help me I am trying to make a File using CMD edit which could dump all the tasks running I can t figure the code I got quot tasklist quot part but then So I am a little lost Help Line Command dead well actually I have no idea what I am doing And while you are at it can someone recommend me a program which has all the command lines and what they do Or even those quot click a command quot programs if there is one Thanks for the suspiciou quot why do I want it quot folks well I would copy the file on my USB disk drive Command Line Help take it to the cafe down below and see which programs they are running - there is this program which when I type quot Patch quot in the internet explorer shuts it down and so I am not able to download all those Quake Farcry Doom Painkiller Halflife and etc patches which improve performance and add a little more game play Then I would make another file which would shutdown those processes Hope I am not confusing you guys nbsp

A:Command Line Help

Easiest way I can think of is to use
tasklist > "directory you want file in"\tasklist.txt
But I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for here. Perhaps you can try to clarify a bit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/command-line-help.52749/
Relevancy 55.47%

Wiondows XP has lost startup files. What is command line to copy all these files back onto machine for startup? And what is the complete set of files needed? thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/command-line-in-dos-470577.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there- Just reorganising DOS Command Line my Library and for reasons I won't bore you with need to do some mass amendments to Filenames to get rid of extraneous Info as I'm tight on Space So for instance I have a Folder DIRectory with one hundred PDF Mobi RAR ZIP CBR and CBZ files in it all with filenames in the following format - Henry Rider Haggard Victorian Novelist Africa Hand Title of Short Story Novel Graphic Novel As - a I do happen to know who H Rider Haggard is having read my first book of his years ago when I was Ten b All the Files are going to go into a Directory Folder Entitled quot Henry Rider Haggard quot in case I suddenly get struck down with Oldtimer's disease then I want to get rid of the words quot Henry Rider Haggard Victorian Novelist Africa Hand quot DOS Command Line which is common to every DOS Command Line Filename My latest attempt at a Command Line blanket change from within the Folder Directory was the DOS command - REN quot Henry Rider Haggard Victorian Novelist Africa Hand quot I have also tried - Using the different extensions CBR ZIP RAR etc to change them or at a time Using the same Format but instead of Using no Inverted Commas on the part of the Description that I want to get rid of Yes I DO realise that in the time I have spent fiddling about with Command Line and composing this Post I COULD have done the whole thing Manually BUT I have Sixty Five separate Authors to create Directories Folders for with about Five to or so Short Stories Novels etc to change in exactly the same way Many Titles will have entries in RAR Mobi PDF CBR and CBZ formats so someone like Herbert George Wells has individual Titles with over separate Files quot Have you no Sons and Daughters quot I hear you say quot They would only be too pleased to take this onerous task off your aged and care burdened shoulders in the Twilight of your ears repaying in some small measure the Years of Toil that you have endured on their behalf quot Al I can say to such a Naieve and disingenuous suggestion is quot HA quot quot HA quot and THRICE more quot HA quot a My Daughter who is now is WAY past the age of falling for a pound's worth of Choccies and a good book to perform these tasks for me b pretending to be THRILLED at the prospect of such a mind bendingly boring job in order to make her plead to help me only ever worked for Tom Sawyer c the Moral Blackmail once extremely effective became unusable due to over use many years ago The days are LONG gone when I could happily rely on getting these little chores done with phrases like - quot Don't you LOVE your poor Daddy then Bethan quot and quot You wouldn't like to see Daddy CRY would you darling quot and the ultimate quot I just wanted you to know that I've left everything to you in my Will It's in that draw in the kitchen - just in case something happens to me Sudden like and I don't get a chance to say Goodbye quot So I've got to do it myself - with your help of course After all you wouldn't like to see an Old Man cry would you Merlin

A:DOS Command Line

There is no such thing as Dos. Dos went the way of the Dodo bird, after 98 died. You have a Command window, that you can do certain things in. But what you are wanting to do, I am lost. It sounds like you are telling a story, not asking a question.

If you want to change a file name, you do it from Explorer in the Desktop. If you want to edit a file, you do it from what ever program was used to create the file.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54076-dos-command-line.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Remote Destop Connection through Terminal Server for my stores to log into our point of sale, Which is on a Windows 2003 Server. Under the user accounts, it says I can have TS automatically open a specific program when they log in, but I have to enter that programs command line. How do I find what the command line for that progrram is?

Our pos also has an email client built in which can scan files with antivirus software. I need to find the command line for Norton AV too.

A:Command Line

I would think they are talking about the path to the file.

c:\Program Files\etc.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/command-line.245569/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been messing around with the ftp program in Windows XP's command prompt, and I've got something odd happening.

I uploaded a copy of AVG to my own website so I wouldn't have to hunt for it and so I could use this ftp program to download it. After giving the "get" command with the file name, the file downloads. But when it's done...if I go to run it, a new command prompt window opens for a split second, shows nothing, and disappears. This has happened on two different PCs now.

If I use a web browser to download the files, it works. I'm not sure what to make out of this. Could I be doing something wrong?

A:FTP at the command line

Sounds right, FTP is pretty simple. What is the FTP server on the other end that is dishing out the file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-at-the-command-line.744100/
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear TS Currently I am working in access fine tuning a little database In this little proggie I have made a button that directly links to a bat-file that does nothing but open the folder H foto Dutch In that folder are several kinds of criminal command line offenses It works like this for the user They click the photo-button the folder opens and they will find by manual search the picture corresponding to the crime report the pictures in that folder are ordered in sub-categories for command line a clear view What I d d like to achieve is that the security-officials ONLY type something like quot stepped on no-stepping-on-grass-sign quot in a text bar and that they then command line click the photo-button and the H foto stepped on no-stepping-on-grass-sign folder opens I know the idea of typing part of a directory and then press a button is just as lame as just viewing a folder that has only sub folders anyway but it s just what the security-officials want Thank you very much for your attention and help sincerely Meneer Geerts nbsp

A:command line

I have an idea...don't know if it would work. Make a table in access; query to search the table on the partial name; attribute in the table is the full directory name or even the entire command line string. Put this on a macro that sends the result of the query to the command line?
lika2know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/command-line.641746/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guy's and Girls,

Just first off I've never been too good with CMD and only an Apprentice in my company I work for.

Now something I've wanted to do for awhile was to make the following but I don't necassirealy I know how to do this in one batch file:

I would need a Batch file that is able to read the follow;
Find Current Hard Drive Space and What is used (Dir can do this as far as im aware)
Convert the CMD information Into either a Excel Document or a .txt format.

If anyone could lend me a hand with this that would be great.

P.S the drives I want to make a log of are Server Destinations so i can monitor their disk space daily.

Regards
Dale

A:Command Line - Help

I don't know if this might help. I have a command line program that gives the free space in B KB MB GB using the largest appropriate. It's df.exe for disk free

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64]df /?

df.exe 1.0.9.1 Copyright 2014 favessoft.com

Usage: df [ C D \\Name\Share ]
free disk space in one of B KB MB GB

( Truncated to 3 decimal places. )

example:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64]df c
383.848 GB Free on c:

If you would like to try it, it is free and may be downloaded from my page here:
Miles Ahead Software

Edit: you can use command line redirection to output to a file.
For example to append the result to test.txt you can do
df c: >>test.txt

Edit2: You may specify more than one drive on the line.
Example:
[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64]df c e
383.848 GB Free on c:
65.669 GB Free on e:

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64]

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345273-command-line-help.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I would like to know what is the command for delete files and shortcuts on current user desktop.

Is it del C:\documents and settings\*\local settings\desktop\popup blocker stops popups.lnk?

Using winxp pro. I know it is easlier to use windows explorer but I am doing this for interest.

Thank you.

A:Need some help on command line pls.

You are roughly right. When you open the DOS box, it will automatically be logged on the current user's account: C:\Documents and Settings\Account Name\

from there, change to the folder where the file or shortcut is located (for example, type CD Desktop, then press [ENTER]. Then type DEL (name of file or shorcut) and press [ENTER]

For stubborn files which won't delete while Windows is running, open the DOS box then end the EXPLORER.EXE process which quits the Windows shell but leaves the DOS box open for you to issue the DEL command on the stubborn file. When done, bring up the task-manager again (CTRL-ALT-DEL), log-off then log-on to restart the Windows shell.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14330/need-some-help-on-command-line-pls/
Relevancy 55.47%

does win xp by default keep a log of command line commands executed?

i'm looking for a list of commands executed during the current windows session, but not the current command.com session (i.e. I closed the command prompt window, but haven't logged out)

also: does win xp keep a log of ftp transfers done by the built-in ftp command line utility?

Thanks much!

MS

A:command-line log?

No log, usually. You would need something like 4NT or PowerCmd to log command actions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/command-line-log.603909/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I wanted to ask a tricky question.

I want to be able to access another PC via telnet (this I can do easily via RADMIN software) which gives the the CMD prompt access.

I then want to be able to launch a Sound file (or similiar) so that the user on the other end just hears whatever sound I have triggered (i.e. it doesn't have to launch WMP or similiar software).

Any ideas on how to do this?

I know it can be done as a clever guy I used to work with set it up and it was quite comical in the office when he was able to trigger cow noises, etc from anyone's PC by remoting in via the backend.

Cheers

Dave

A:run exe via command line

I don't know the answer, I just want to subscribe in case someone else does !

I suppose if you could figure out how the default Windows sounds are triggered you could find the command line to run them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/run-exe-via-command-line-559431.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I wish to have downloads from the Web transferred directly to a file I have on my desktop. Presently it goes to program files/x86/program name. I wish it to go to my desktop and into "My Downloads". if possible. Can anyone help me accomplish this task? I need the command line. Thank you.

A:Command line

Hi Alvin,

First, if you aren't prompted for where to download files, see the following article to make sure that happens: Not Prompted to Specify Download Folder for File.

Second, if you are prompted but don't like where it selects and want it to be a different location (like the folder on your desktop), check out the following article: How to change the default download directory for Internet Explorer | Windows Reference.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285736-command-line.html
Relevancy 55.47%

How do we check if IE has finished downloading a file through command line..?

A:IE 6 Command line help

Start>Search>Name of File. Most downloads tell you when they're finished and if you need to manually install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-6-command-line-help-558003.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently installed new software that requires adding a command line to allow the software to restart and configure itself at start up The manufacturer who hasn t responded to my e-mail gives instructions to automatically load this software already configured by using the quot command line quot I m using XP Pro I believe that it s the last line below that needs to be loaded but my question the How command i in do xp line use is how do I so this Here are the manufacturers instructions Usage VSPEmulator exe lt config file path gt lt options gt Config file is a special file with extension quot vspe quot that can be created using VSPE quot Save as quot command Options are additional parameters that can be passed to VSPE to manage its basic behavior -minimize minimize VSPE How do i use the command line in xp dialog -hide splash do not show splash window Example Execute VSPE and automatically load configuration file VSPEmulator exe c config files main vspe Execute load configuration file hide splash and minimize VSPE VSPEmulator exe c config files main vspe -minimize -hide splash nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Foolishly signed up for AOL broadband (out of sheer laziness, I really should have known better!) and have found their online help to be a bit hazy in the area of commandline/batch commands.

What I want to be able to do is exit AOL, confirm my exit, exit AOL communicator (the nearest thing to POP3 that AOL offer) and shut down a few other programs I use all at once by means of a batch file.

Any ideas whether this is doable (the batch side of things I'm happy with, just the AOL command line stuff I'm not sure on).

Thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-command-line.194349/
Relevancy 55.47%

How can I turn something like this:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\https\DefaultIcon]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,75,00,72,00,\
6c,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,30,00,00,00

into a Reg add command?

I need to turn a series of reg edits into a .bat to run, and am a little confused on how to convert between the two formats.

The original I have is from a .reg edit file, and I need to convert the keys to a .bat/ .cmd

Thanks!

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Everyone...When I go to my computer and hit start button then the run button and type in 'ipconfig' or 'config' and some times other commands the screen comes up just for a spilt second and then it disappears. Now I have been in my registry trying to tweak my computer using blackviper.com tweak XP. I don't know if this has anything to do with but its the last thing I have done. I not sure when this started either. I run windows XP Pro sp 3 and its running pretty good right now. But something is wrong and I not sure where to start so if this makes any sense to someone I need some advice Please....and thanks tooLeRoyjoeEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:command line

open a command prompt window first
type cmd and then hit enter, and the command prompt window should open and any commands you now type wont disappear

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187197/command-line/
Relevancy 55.47%

does win xp by default keep a log of command line commands executed?

i'm looking for a list of commands executed during the current windows session, but not the current command.com session (i.e. I closed the command prompt window, but haven't logged out)

also: does win xp keep a log of ftp transfers done by the built-in ftp command line utility?

Thanks much!

MS

A:Log Of Command Line?

No to both. I'm unaware of an easy way to do this, preferring to save my sessions with the screen capture utility and pasting it into MSPaint.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102379/log-of-command-line/
Relevancy 55.04%

I want to store >> into a SET variable.

Normally, I would do this:
Code:
SET VARIABLE=>>
However this returns an error.

How can I store >> without using quotation marks?

It needs to be >> in order for my script to work correctly?

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

Following a recent re-installation of XP I've found that a huge chunk of my jpegs are inaccessable. (can't view, preview, print, copy, move, rename,etc)

It seems that the affected jpegs have lost their property data.

Can the property data be restored / edited / recreated? or have I lost my photos for good?

PollyP

A:Cannot view jpegs (Missing file properties data)

Please don't start duplicate threads...

just bump your original back to the top of the page by responding to it...

closing this one...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-jpegs-missing-file-properties-data.276760/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently I have been unable to change or even access some settings on my pc. I can't access user accounts- when I click on it, nothing happens. Same with other stuff like my screen saver and sounds. This is also happening when I click on the properties of a file. I right click on the file, click properties and nothing opens. This happens with all files (folders, pictures, documents...).

I have run several antivirus scans on the computer, opened it in Safe mode, done the sfc/scan too. Nothing has appeared to be wrong apart from the above.

A:Unable to access all pc settings and view properties of files

Quote: Originally Posted by chromer

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently I have been unable to change or even access some settings on my pc. I can't access user accounts- when I click on it, nothing happens. Same with other stuff like my screen saver and sounds. This is also happening when I click on the properties of a file. I right click on the file, click properties and nothing opens. This happens with all files (folders, pictures, documents...).

I have run several antivirus scans on the computer, opened it in Safe mode, done the sfc/scan too. Nothing has appeared to be wrong apart from the above.

You should only have one anti-virus. More than one can cause them to conflict with each other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396100-unable-access-all-pc-settings-view-properties-files.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Every single time I view any file's properties context-menu right-click - gt Properties it always immediately launches an installation of an already-installed but disabled application As Betty Jo Bialosky so famously asked Whaaat I'm running -bit Windows Pro SP The app it keeps trying to I view it to file Whenever thing! any install properties, tries Weird: install is MacDrive but I Weird: Whenever I view any file properties, it tries to install thing! think that may be more incidental than anything else I say that because I experienced the exact same thing perhaps - years ago under -bit XP Pro SP except it tried to install something else I can't recall what Although MacDrive is already installed I almost never use it and so I've disabled all the services and all other startup stuff related to MacDrive using my startup manager So the puzzling fact that Win is so desperate to install MacDrive again is truly weird and extremely annoying It usually takes three attempts to cancel the unwanted installation after which the file's property window comes up normally I've thoroughly scanned for malware and found none Also I've some reliable registry check and repair tools Iolo's System Mechanic's Registry Tuner and Wise Registry Cleaner Afterwards no registry errors were reported at all What the heck is going on What bizarre connection is there between viewing a file's properties and a forced install of anything

A:Weird: Whenever I view any file properties, it tries to install thing!

Uninstall Mac Drive 8. See if that fixes the problem. If yes, install the latest version and see what happens if you still want to use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327828-weird-whenever-i-view-any-file-properties-tries-install-thing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This morning I attempted to view the properties of one of my drive in Windows explorer. Properties is a selection on the context menu, but clicking it does absolutely nothing. I have 3 drive in my system and the same behavior is true for all of them.

To add to the mystery, properties works fine for files, directories and Computer. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 fully patched.

Anyone have a clue on this one?

A:Can't view drive properties -- strange, weird, bizarre!

Hi Whitesmith,

My name is Raj
> when was the last time you were able to view the properties of the drive?
> If properties were viewed recently than we can try system restore.
> system restore is a tool on the operating system that will bring back the settings of the system to the date and time when it was working fine.
> to access system restore, please go through the link mentioned below
System Restore
> this should takecare of the issue

Regards
Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234627-cant-view-drive-properties-strange-weird-bizarre.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I am not new to Windows at all, but I am trying hard to get this view back in my Windows 8 File Explorer from Windows 7.
(I need to link to a pic, as I do not know the correct terms for it.)
http://img.technospot.net/wINDOWS-8-...Disk-Tools.png

I think it is possible, just do not know how to get the disk size and space used properties to show.

A:Windows 8 File Explorer properties view question

Have you tried this?

Attachment 24387

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/27929-windows-8-file-explorer-properties-view-question.html
Relevancy 55.04%

As of today I can't do the following anymore:

- deleting folders using shift-del or just del
- view properties of folders and files using RMB
- view properties by using the "file" menu in the window-bar
- view properties of the files for which ZoneAlarm gives a warning

I can delete stuff by dragging it into the Recycle Bin and then emptying it.

I think the last thing I did before all this was uninstalling Norton 2005 Trial and installing AVG Anti-Virus.

I tried solving it by Windows' System Recovery, but that didn't work. I tried to see if there was a special recovery-option for vital files on the Windows CD, but if it's there, I can't find it...

Help?

A:Can't use Shift-Del, can't use RMB on folders/files, can't view properties of file...

Try Running the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-use-shift-del-cant-use-rmb-on-folders-files-cant-view-properties-of-file-76382.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi! I have a problem that I've never seen before. When trying to access properties via right click from a specific desktop icon, the shortcut goes straight to the taskbar, but will not open the properties window. I am trying to access the target box. This only occurs on 2 desktop icons. With all other icons on my desktop I am able to access properties. The 2 icons are Phoenix Viewer and Hippo OpenSim viewer. I have recently done a reformat of my computer and this problem has only surfaced from that time. I have ensured that show all hidden files is checked, so am not sure where to go from here to solve this problem. Can you help?

A:[SOLVED] Unable to view Properties in desktop Icon

Try deleting the icons you're having trouble with and then open your START menu, go to ALL PROGRAMS, mouse over the program you're having issues with and right-click it and select SEND TO and then DESKTOP (create shortcut). All we're basically doing is creating a new shortcut to see if your previous shortcut got jacked up somehow.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unable-to-view-properties-in-desktop-icon-532878.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all- I have two Windows command the but any connect line, not via Can else way XP -- one Home one Professional -- machines attempting to connect wirelessly to a vanilla Netgear access point The XP Pro machine connects fine The XP Home machine sees the Wi-Fi network connects accepts the password and says it s connected -- but Web browsers and other Windows network apps will not connect to the Internet they just hang for a long time before timing out But If I open a command prompt I can ping external sites and even use command-line ftp to connect to sites without a problem I ve gone over the network configuration of both machines and can t see any difference between the two The Netgear access point doesn t have any kind of MAC address filtering turned on Is there something I should be looking for that I m missing As an extra added strange data point -- I ve tried to connect to the network via a Mac OS X machine and saw the same behavior as on the XP Home machine -- GUI-based programs won t connect Can connect via the command line, but not any way else but command-line utilities will Meanwhile an Apple iPhone was able to connect and work perfectly Thanks in advance for any advice Josh nbsp