Windows Support Forum

Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

Q: Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

My computer is an XP home edition I believe, and it asked me to install some important updated. After doing so, it told me that I needed to restart or shut down my system in order for the updates to take place. When I tired doing so, It gets stuck. I get to a blue "log-off" screen, and it says 6 out of 14 updates are being installed... do not turn off your computer. But it stays like that for hours, and never updates, so I end up having to shut off my computer by hitting the power button. :/

I tried doing a system restore, but those updates have to be installed first. Before it even tries to restore, it deals with the updates. I'm not too sure what to do. Is there any way to bypass these updates, or get them installed some other way? I'd really apriciate the help. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

Is this a new system? When you go to updates have you validated your copy of XP with Microsoft? Once you do that and make sure your settings are correct in your browser for downloads it does take time but not hours. Are you running firewalls, Zone Alarm etc., anything that would block the updates? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-for-my-computer-are-preventing-me-from-shutting-down-my-computer.807978/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have 93 updates for XP & Office 2003 which I cannot install. I have stopped and re-started the update service & tried everything else I can find on the web.

I would be very grateful for any help anyone can provide!

A:A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed

Is your windows update allowed to install updates automatically? Check your settings in the security center. I hope you are updating via a broad band connection. Also does windows download the updates and stalls have way thru the installation? During the install of the downloads, Windows will ask you to accept certain agreements. You may not be seeing these and think Windows has stopped installing. Windows will not move forward unless you respond to these agreement. When downloading be sure all the downloads are complete and upon the installation part, Minimize your screen to see these agreements. IE7 download and install is one of the biggest culprites. It hides behind your Download and install screen.
Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-problem-on-your-computer-is-preventing-updates-from-being-downloaded-or-installed-166379.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I just let updates off my (7/19) computer keeps shutting todays After Windows Windows install todays updates Everything except Skype this included an NVidia driver When the computer started up after the Windows update with the quot don't shut off computer completing After todays (7/19) Windows updates my computer keeps shutting off updates etc message the computer shut off First I thought it was part of the update and machine would restart but After todays (7/19) Windows updates my computer keeps shutting off it was not Something broke I restarted and as soon as hit windows start screen it shut off again I restarted again and got the quot Windows Did Not Start - repair message quot I said quot run startup repair quot Windows shut off during that process I restarted again and was able to run the repair process But once it finished and booted into Windows it shut off again I was finally able to start Windows so went to command prompt and started to run SFC Scannow It shut off during this test lastly I thought maybe its an overheat issue I booted into Windows Safe mode and started the program HWMonitor It showed my CPU temps at degrees C Then it shut off again At this rate I'm going to wear out the on off button Any ideas

A:After todays (7/19) Windows updates my computer keeps shutting off

Try a System Restore yet? Do it in Safe Mode (or repair disk/install DVD), hopefully no restarts to interfere the restore. Then install updates one by one (restart after each and wait a bit to make sure it is alright), Nvidia as last.

You can also try just downgrading GPU drivers first, and restore if it does restart like that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376002-after-todays-7-19-windows-updates-my-computer-keeps-shutting-off.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Guys,

I have a serious problem. Whenever I go to the Microsoft web site and attempt to download updates my computer shuts down. Why is this?
I have Windows XP Professional (SP3)
Could somebody please assist me in solving this problem?

Thanks.

Compton

A:Computer Shutting Down During Attempts To Install Critical Updates

In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. An alternative is to turn off the automatic reboot feature so you can actually see the error code/STOP Message (which is also known as the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)).

To change the recovery settings and Disable Automatic Rebooting, right-click on My Computer and select Properties > Advanced tab. Under "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure". Make sure that "Write an event to the system log" is checked and that "Automatically restart" is unchecked. Click "OK" and reboot for the changes to take effect.

This will not cure your problem but instead of crashing and restarting you will get a blue diagnostic screen with information displayed that will allow you to better trace your problem. Next time your computer crashes copy down the entire error message (including all the numbers) and post it back here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161321/computer-shutting-down-during-attempts-to-install-critical-updates/
Relevancy 73.53%

My virus scan keeps picking up a trojan vundo. It deletes it but it keeps coming back. I am at my witts end. This of course was after my teenage stepdaughter used the computer. I have ads popping up constantly, my computer is ridicously slow, my automatic updates keep turing off on their own, my computer is a mess. I just don't know where to begin, as I am completely a NOVICE when it comes to computers. Any help and advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks

A:Trojan vundo, updates keep shutting off, I am computer illerate

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193106/trojan-vundo-updates-keep-shutting-off-i-am-computer-illerate/
Relevancy 71.81%

When trying to use Windows Update, the updates download successfully but fail to install. The following message appears: "Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed." I have turned my antivirus software off, I have tried updating manually, I have tried updating one at a time. Nothing seems to work. I now have a backlog of 13 updates that I'm supposed to install. Can anyone please help? THANKS!

A:Windows Update: "problem on your computer is preventing updates from being installed"

Boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" (restart while tapping F8 repeatedly) and see if you can install the updates. This should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-problem-on-your-computer-is-preventing-updates-from-being-installed-75596.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok heres the deal.
I crashed my system and have done a clean install. I couldn't find my winxp pro disk so I barrowed my friends. His has SP2 on it. I then found out after installing it, that it wouldn't work with my product key. So i had to go searching for my disk. Thankfully I found it, and did a windows repair to reinstall the system with the new disk.
My disk didn't have SP2 on it.

So I go to windows update to do updates and it trys to install like 80 something updates and everytime it comes back with ": A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed "

I have a feeling that it thinks SP2 is on my system. is there a way to resolve this without having to do another clean install?

John

A:"A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed"

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Why wouldn't it work with your product key?
It is better to install with SP2 incorporated onto the cd, saves a lot of time. SP2 should have been eliminated while performing the repair install.

You could try the following but you need SP2 installed before installing the updates, the site should have recognized it was not installed. If the following does not help then I suggest you Slipstream Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD and do a clean install using the proper software

Try re-registering the windows update components. This may help fix a corrupt installer

1. Click on Start and Run,
2. Type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
3. Should get the message "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" Click OK.
4. Repeat above for each of the following:

REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

5. Reboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-problem-on-your-computer-is-preventing-updates-from-being-downloaded-or-installed-174941.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I ve let my family use this computer for awhile they down. up. messed Slow restore shutting randomly Computer System computer. started to complain it was quot acting weird quot When I jumped on to see I noticed it was shutting down by itself and extremely slow I got the computer to start up and tried to do a couple system restores I then noticed then that the date time on the computer Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. was off Saying some of the restore points were back in when I didn t even have this computer After a couple failed attempts Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. I got the computer to restore Its not randomly shutting off anymore but is still slower than it should be I reseted the date and time but I m still worried something could be wrong This computer has had Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. a Root Kit and a MBR infection before I ve run disk clean up Spybot AVG and CC cleaner DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files ATT-SST McciTrayApp exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att netmStart Page hxxp www att netuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo commURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Pr... Read more

A:Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398232/computer-randomly-shutting-down-system-restore-messed-up-slow-computer/
Relevancy 61.92%

Lets say that i downloaded a pdf file. If i put that file on to the desktop it will be there. But when you restart your computer or shut down your computer, you log back on and its not there.If i download poweriso, i install it into c: drive and it will work. But when you turn the computer off or reboot it, you log back on and its not thereI know its not a virus. Its like a school computer you can only save it into your drive. If you save it into a desktop it wont be thereI think someone put a system restore or a default. so when you turn it off it will reset it to the what you had when you turned it onI have a dell computer running windows 10

A:Computer wont save anything after shutting down computer or restarting

Was this system ever joined to a corporate or a school network? It might be a group policy that is making your user profile act this way.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153510.0.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, there is a red light next to my power button that blink's alot & i believe it's called the hdd light. No matter what i'm doing it shut's off after awhile & than my computer freeze's & i don't know why. Everything work's fine into that happen's & it's alway's random. I only had this computer for 2 years & i built it myself & this problem just started 2 days ago i also did memtest but it partially freeze's meaning the upper right corner isn't moving but the mid right corner still has number''s moving.This is my system specs

geforce gtx 660
intel core i5-3570k
corsair cx 600
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Onboard gpu intel (R) 4000

A:Hdd light on my computer keep's shutting off than my computer freezes

The hdd light should only light while the disk is being read or written to. It is normal for the hdd light to not be on all the time.

Since you say the system "partially" freezes during a memtest, I would like to understand more about that. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when it's partially frozen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356475-hdd-light-my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-than-my-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I was using my microsoft office word program, and it all of a sudden went funky, like short circuiting out, then a blue screen popped up saying that the program I was using was bad and causing my computer to crash, so my computer was shutting down before it crashed. Then it shut down and came back up asking if I wanted to go back to a restored or previous thing, something like that, (a restore point), and it said it would probably turn off and on several times through out and could take several minutes, then the computer turned off and back on and the screen would not turn on... I have a dell all in one computer, so I do not have a separate tower from my monitor. What happened? How can I fix this? Any one out there have any ideas? I was not even on the internet at the time.

A:Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

When you first turn it on, can you see the Dell logo?  If so, does it show the Windows logo after that?
Do you recall details of what the blue screen said?

If you can see the Dell logo, then try these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
You can press F12 to get to the boot menu in order to boot from the CD/DVD drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578740/got-a-bad-program-shutting-down-computer-before-computer-crashes-help/
Relevancy 60.63%

Help about my computer My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing uninstalling Please help down about My im on my keeps shutting when computer Help installing/uninstalling computer.. Btw im installing Nero I also try to install other software but it restarts Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC Program Files IDT STacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www returnhomepage com cm a p q about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B AAEB - F D- - C -C CA D - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKCU Run OE C Program Files Trend Micro In... Read more

A:Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling

sumbody help me..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178998/help-about-my-computer-my-computer-keeps-on-shutting-down-when-im-installinguninstalling/
Relevancy 60.63%

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 3/9/2012

It is a 1-week old PC (installed OS a week ago), and I installed the OS by downloading it from Microsoft and installing it using a bootable CD.

A:BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)

Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1997494

I will look over the reports in your other thread when I get home and have access to my debugging tools. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239514-bsod-while-shutting-down-computer-1-week-old-new-computer.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Original Message Alright here's the deal About a month ago my little brother's friend was on my computer I guess looking at porn while I was gone So when I got home my computer was swarmed with pop up Log-on Dsginaloader.dll Computer Preventing ads So I had mass viruses including things such as Surf Sidekick So after like two weeks of trying to get rid of the viruses I finally got rid of a majority of the viruses including ssk But some files couldnt be erased with several different virus adware removal programs so they ask if they can run on start up SO semi-recently theres been a login screen when i turn on my computer that asks for a password but you can just click Dsginaloader.dll Preventing Computer Log-on OK to go on through with Dsginaloader.dll Preventing Computer Log-on it But because of this login screen the virus removal program doesnt run on start up So I tried going to remove the login screen but it says i cant because of a recent program-something-or-another was installed The file name it gave me was quot dsginaloader dll quot Okay so my first though was X it was some kind of porn virus So we FINALLY deleted it which probably was bad and now i cant log on in normal mode OR safe mode with networking When the login screen is SUPPOSED to come up it says the dsginaloader is gone and tells me to restart so now the only way i can get on my computer is by going to normal safe mode without networking So I tried looking for ginaloader and apparently GINA is a part of the system Now i dont know what to do Can someone please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Kakarotto HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missingF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe jltxaxi exeO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- F- B -BD AE D FA E - no file O - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- E- B -BD AE D FA E - no file O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeO - HKLM Run ovu b b RUNDLL EXE w f e dll n b b f eO - HKLM Run aeddf exe C WINDOWS system aeddf exeO - HKLM Run gysdhqd dll C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system gysdhqd dll fnftnqcO - HKLM Run Ad-Aware quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Aware exe quot cO - HKLM Run ewido quot C Program Files ewido anti-spyware ewido exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKLM Run tblfunc tblmouse exeO - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exeO - HKLM Run KelsPakSoft C WINDOWS system mmm exeO - HKLM Run SRFirstRun rundll srclient dll CreateFirstRunRpO - HKCU Run PlaxoUpdate C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe -aO - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run Xkn C Documents and Settings Administrator Application Data s stem i xplore exeO - HKCU Run aeddf exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data aeddf exeO - HKCU Run AWMON quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKCU Run Ouob quot C PROGRA COMMON ASKS javaw exe quot -vt yazrO - HKCU Run qzqq C PROGRA COMMON qzqq qzqqm exeO ... Read more

A:Dsginaloader.dll Preventing Computer Log-on

Hello HokutenDelita and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. After reviewing your log I see a few items that we should take care of. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following steps in order.Step #1Download CCleaner and install it but do not run it yet.Step #2Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Step #3Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blankR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blankR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blankR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = +R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missingF2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,jltxaxi.exeO3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469F-83B8-BD2AE6D9FA2E} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-83B8-BD2AE6D9FA2E} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ovu4b8b5] RUNDLL32.EXE w4f6682e.dll,n 0034b8b2000000034f6682eO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [6aeddf9.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\6aeddf9.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gysdhqd.dll] C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\gysdhqd.dll,fnftnqcO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Xkn] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\s?stem32\i?xplore.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [6aeddf9.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\6aeddf9.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ouob] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\ASKS~1\javaw.exe" -vt yazrO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [qzqq] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\qzqq\qzqqm.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PSLister] "C:\Program Files\PSLister\PSLister.exe"O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CMFibula] "C:\Program Files\CMFibula\CMFibula.exe"O15 - Trusted Zone: *.adgate.infoO15 - Trusted Zone: *.adsextend.netO15 - Trusted Zone: *.dollarrevenue.comO15 - Trusted Zone: *.elitemediagroup.netO15 - Trusted Zone: *.imagesrvr.comO15 - Trusted Zone: *.matcash.comO15 - Trusted Zone: *.media-motor.comO15 - Trusted Zone: *.mediatickets.netO15 - Trusted Zone: *.snipernet.bizO15 - Trusted Zone: *.sxload.comO15 - Trusted Zone: *.systemdoctor.comO15 - Trusted Zone: *.adgate.info (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.adsextend.net (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.dollarrevenue.com (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.elitemediagroup.net (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.imagesrvr.com (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.matcash.com (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.media-motor.com (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.mediatickets.net (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.snipernet.biz (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.systemdoctor.com (HKLM)O15 - Trusted Zone: *.winantivirus.com (HKLM)O16 - DPF: {5526B4C6-63D6-41A1-9783-0FABF529859A} - mk:@MSITStore:C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\mma.chm::/joysavsht.cabO18 - Filter: text/html - {994D478A-45D0-4DB4-AE27-738B1E346F99} - (no file)O20 - AppInit_DLLs: repairs303169590.dllNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #4We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:Click Start.Open My Computer.Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View tab.Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.Uncheck the Hide protected operating... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64917/dsginaloaderdll-preventing-computer-log-on/
Relevancy 59.77%

When it gets to the Windows is starting up Screen it crashed Blue screens bootup computer Preventing from PFN_LIST_CORRUPT with PFN LIST CORRUPT STOP x E I've attempted running Startup Repair option It brings PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Preventing computer from bootup me to a screen Windows is loading files With the loading bar at the bottom Then it blue screens I've also attempted to start up windows through the Installation CD I set the DVD drive as priority through the bios When it comes up I press a key as prompted Then it begins to load files Windows is loading files It does this twice The first time the loading bar goes by pretty quickly second time takes about - seconds Then it goes right to the Windows is Starting up Screen Then crashes to a blue screen Same error code As a note I also attempted Safe mode Blue screens And I've also loaded the Advanced Boot options Last Known Good Configuarion Advanced Tried that one Brought me to the Windows is Starting up screen Then blue screened Help would be appreciated I have many files on this computer which are not backed up The fool I am And also many digital art files My own work Which have no other copies

A:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Preventing computer from bootup

Hi

Have you installed any driver/software recently or added any hardware component ?.  Do you have Windows installation disc or System Repair Disc in hand ?.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530557/pfn-list-corrupt-preventing-computer-from-bootup/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi as the title says I have two windows installed and one is screwing me over Awhile back my old primary hdd had my windows on it It was getting suuuuper slow and I knew its time was coming I made the upgrade to an ssd and installed windows on it When I did that I had the option from booting from two windows It didn't really bother me and I just used the ssd boot Finally as I had suspected my old hdd failed I still had it in my computer and one day I just couldn't access it from the My Computer window I didn't really think about it but when I turned my computer off and got back on my computer would tell me to install a proper boot drive and restart This was preventing me from getting anywhere and I on a whim decided to unplug and plug back in the old hdd I restarted and it loaded normally The weird thing was that I couldn't computer and starting 2 preventing from is my 1 me windows access the hdd even though it started up If I have the hdd unplugged the computer gives me the same message I even set my st 2 windows and 1 is preventing me from starting my computer boot option to my working ssd If the computer doesn't recognize the old hdd than it won't work I have no idea how to fix this other that unplugging and plugging back in the hdd but that tricks not even working Random info I 2 windows and 1 is preventing me from starting my computer dont have any windows cds or a CD drive I have access to another laptop and thumb drives

A:2 windows and 1 is preventing me from starting my computer

The BCD was probably on your HDD and not the SSD. Try doing a Startup Repair. It may take up to 3 times for a complete startup repair. You can download the iso file of Windows 7 that matches your version here. Use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. When starting Rufus opt out of any update check.

Edit: This would be done with the HDD disconnected. If connecting the HDD drive after startup repair causes a problem there is a way to solve that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555193/2-windows-and-1-is-preventing-me-from-starting-my-computer/
Relevancy 59.77%

Looking for some advice here, going to keep it nice and simple.
I am trying to fix a friends Windows 8.1 install, she updated it 3 weeks ago and ever since it has failed to boot.

It loads the Windows Start Up Recovery screen or goes in a loop of trying to diagnose the issue and then boot up, is fails to do it.
We have tried using all the options in the recovery screen they are not working as it will not accept any of the passwords that she was likely to have used on the computer.I have also tried to bot it into Safe Mode and use the advance options to see if it
give us any idea to what the problem is.
Is there anyway this can be fixed?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/362f7d69-6ecf-4fb1-bda6-28c56946defd/81-update-is-preventing-from-booting-computer?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.77%

Yesterday i had just got my Comcast Cable Internet up and my Linksys WRG54G router up and running yesterday and what i have noticed is that my computer can't be put into sleep mode. It just simply turns of the screen and then turns back on? Any ideas why?? help appreciated.
By the way, Ive had to adjust my network controller because my computer could not be put to sleep. Also i have my 360 hooked up to the router as well.

Relevancy 59.77%

Last night I noticed quite abruptly that many of my apps had stopped working and the computer in general was acting very slow. I restarted the computer, but after the inital Toshiba opening screen the computer went blank with a little spinning circle. After maybe a minute or two AVG Watchdog tries to initialize, fails, and appears to freeze the computer. Several times now I have attempted to boot into safe mode by pressing F8 and shift/F8 repeatedly as soon as I turn on the computer, but so far I keep getting the same result I outlined above.
I just made an account here to ask for help, and will admit that I know the basics but am not very skilled with this type of thing. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/66561-avg-watchdog-preventing-computer-booting-up.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Greetings So last night I was about to go to sleep shutting preventing Psuedo out, coloruservice.exe me was from down.. freaking and began to shut down my laptop which is running on the latest version of Windows and IIRC is an Asus Psuedo freaking out, coloruservice.exe was preventing me from shutting down.. G when I noticed something called Coloruservice was preventing me from shutting down I cancelled the shutdown because of the paranoid person I am to see what it was and if it was harmful As I was looking up what it was it popped up that Avast blocked a trojan that was originating from coloruservice exe in some folder in x Psuedo freaking out, coloruservice.exe was preventing me from shutting down.. I immediately proceeded to run a Hardened Boot time scan using Avast free and supposedly nothing was found Psuedo freaking out, coloruservice.exe was preventing me from shutting down.. I googled this for hours and couldn't find anything about it being that harmful but I had never seen it before and have never run it on my laptop unless something else causes it to run Does anyone know what's wrong What do I do I have classes in a few and i'm going to be going nuts until I can fix this

A:Psuedo freaking out, coloruservice.exe was preventing me from shutting down..

Hello Dyrstan and welcome to BleepingComputer!    

My name is Sirawit and I'm here to help you.

Please note that I'm currently in training and my fixes need to be check for approval first, that may delay our fix a bit, but I will normally reply back in 24 hours.

If I don't reply after 2 days, feel free to PM me.    
==========================================================================Some points for you to keep in mind:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide detail in every post.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the  button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end with some additional information on how to stay malware-free.
Lastly, I would like to remind you that most members here are volunteers, and sometimes "real life" can get in the way of our malware hunt. I will notify you if I know I will need to be away for longer than 48 hours.
==========================================================================
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop.
If you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one should.
Double click the icon.
Click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt box is checked.
Click Scan and allow the program to run.
Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548758/psuedo-freaking-out-coloruserviceexe-was-preventing-me-from-shutting-down/
Relevancy 58.91%

Is idle.

I know I've done this before lolz.

Thanks.

A:Preventing Windows from disabling Aero when computer...

I haven't changed any default settings, and my aero never changes. Have you changed any power settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/35116-preventing-windows-disabling-aero-when-computer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I downloaded Windows Defender Offline to take care of a Trojan virus. That's done, but now my computer won't boot back up. WD just keeps loading files and will run the scan and then loop back and do it again. Help!!!! My computer runs Windows Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-defender-is-preventing-my-computer-from-booting-up.1066412/
Relevancy 58.91%

Howdy everyone,
I own a HP DC7800 Computer, currently running W 8.1 OS.
Occasionally there are blackouts (Power loss) in my area.
(Caused by Possums would you believe !)
The Computer restarts automatically after power is restored and a black screen appears with a Megabyte counter on it which stops around 8000.
Is there anything that can be done to prevent the Computer from coming on automatically ?.
I think there's an adjustment in 'Bios', but don't know how to find this is on the machine.
I want to restart the Computer manually, after power loss.
Because it's rather dusty where I live, a sheet is draped over the Computer when not in use.
If power loss occurred at night and was restored while I'm sleeping, the machine would overheat because of the sheet.
Goodbye Computer !.
Please be as detailed as possible with your answer.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey there I was wondering if there is a way to prevent someone from putting their computer on a network with a static ip that is already on the network so it does not cause a conflict I ll try to do the short version of what happeend ip numbers wont be accurate P with Preventing joining from Ip a computer Static network. Idiot comes to my work and has his laptop with him set to a static ip of and connects it to our network and our file server which is also the dhcp and dns is set to that ip address So when he connected it it basically Preventing a computer with Static Ip from joining network. brought down our whole network sigh I m Preventing a computer with Static Ip from joining network. not sure if this is poor set-up from the person s who installed our network or if this is just one of those unavoidable punch the idiot in the face scenarios hopefully this made sense P The only solution I can personally see is to make the internal network a different pool from the server pool on a less likely ip so at least if this happens it only brings down a few computers instead of the whole damn thing Or am I completely out to lunch P Cheers nbsp

A:Preventing a computer with Static Ip from joining network.

Using a subnet that is not one of the most common used by home routers should make this kind of occurrence less likely.

Probably the "idiot" had ICS enabled on a different connection and was not even aware that resulted in a static IP of 192.168.0.1 on the connection used for the work network. Because of ICS probably the worst two subnets that a company or public hotspot can use are 192.168.0.x and 192.168.137.x.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preventing-a-computer-with-static-ip-from-joining-network.1070735/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep.

When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following:

DISPLAY:
None.
SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001)
An audio stream is currently in use

I have tried powercfg /requestsoverride driver "VIA HD Audio" system, but it still shows when powercfg /requests is run.

What else can I do to make sure this driver is disabled from preventing the computer from sleeping?

Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/52957-audio-driver-preventing-computer-sleeping.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Pretty sure this is a very long long shot but it never hurts to ask right The computer with problems belongs to my sister which she bought at an estate sale It is running Windows XP She has load RunDLL use error computer preventing none of the RunDLL load error preventing computer use discs that would have come with the computer She used the computer without issue for about two weeks before this problem popped up When I turn on the computer it appears to be loading properly and even gets to the Windows desktop screen complete with start bar icons and background picture Two windows RunDLL load error preventing computer use pop up one immediately after the other each saying quot Checking drive quot with a RunDLL load error preventing computer use set up numbers and information that flashes by too quickly to read or capture so I cannot tell you any details about those When those two windows finish and disappear there is a third window already on the screen A RUNDLL error window quot Error loading c windows system nrmoiyvn dll The specified module could not be found quot At that point the mouse can still be moved around the screen until you try to close the window or click the okay button then the computer freezes You cannot click anything ctrl alt del does not work does not bring up the task manager to allow you to cancel any processes or programs I first did a search for the nrmoiyvn dll which returned zero results I ve searched for this file at several DLL sites with no luck So I decided to try to boot in safe mode First attempt I chose the safe mode option This only made the computer boot in a loop always asking which safe mode option I wanted to use Second attempt I chose the use last known working configuration option This resulted in a normal windows start-up which gave me the same RUNDLL error as noted above I ran through every safe mode option each resulting in either an endless loop of restarts or booting up to the same RUNDLL error Any ideas of what I might try Would a boot disk be of any help if I can get my hands on one nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have 3 computers on my network. The main computer is protected by mcafee. The other computers can not access the public folder on this computer. I know that the problem is the mcafee firewall because when i switch the firewall off the other computers have full access to this folder. This problem started with a mcafee upgrade. I want to keep the mcafee firewall, any Ideas how to fix this?

A:Mcafee firewall preventing access to computer on network

are you subscribing to mcafee - if not then i would replace the security suite

you should be able to setup your IP network range within the Mcafee settings so it allows your local traffic

so have a look at your Default gateway - use ipconfig /all to show that
and then set the range between 1 and 255
so if the default gateway is 192.168.1.1
then set the ip range to
192.168.1.1. to 192.168.1.255

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mcafee-firewall-preventing-access-to-computer-on-network.1029928/
Relevancy 58.48%

print spooler preventing computer from entering Standby

I have a friend who has a Dell Inspiron 8600 running XP.

She gets the above message. She also just installed a HP Officejet 4215 All-in-One

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-preventing-computer-from-entering-standby.355982/
Relevancy 58.48%

I had been experiencing blue screens for months before I posted on this site to hopefully receive some assistance. After taking the actions suggested by a member of the BSOD forums, I eliminated a lot of possible causes for the BSODs but one in specific has given me some trouble. Win64/Alureon.gen!A was discovered by Windows Security Essentials and I attempted to download Windows Defender Offline to get rid of it but after successfully downloading and implementing the program my computer has been unable to start up and recieves an error regardless of if I do System Restore or Startup Repair. Assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

For more information check out this thread: BSOD for the past several months, Error 0x0000001E

A:Win64/Alureon.gen!A*Virus preventing computer startup

kyle7282,

Do you have an installation CD/DVD for Windows 7?

If not, or, when you start the computer, tap the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
Do you have access to the Repair your computer menu item?

Also, do you have a USB pen drive?

We need to run a tool from outside of Windows, but, need to know the above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/304599-win64-alureon-gen-virus-preventing-computer-startup.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am having a problem in logging on my computer it s operating system is Windows XP Professional SP A couple of days ago my computer was running slow freezing so I forced to computer Fatal and Error fix no System it CDs preventing startup the computer to turn off by pressing its power button just after installing a new add-on for my newly-installed Fatal System Error preventing computer startup and no CDs to fix it firefox But when I turned back on the computer I received a Blue Screen of Death So next time I turned it on I pressed F and stopped the computer from rebooting The following message appeared on the screen STOP c a Fatal System Error The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc c x x The system has been shut down So after a bit of work I found another hard drive running XP Home Edition and set it as master and the problematic one as slave However I cannot keep my computer like this as the hard drive with Fatal System Error preventing computer startup and no CDs to fix it home edition is badly-partitioned with little space and is lacking many important programs that my other hard drive has I do not have the original operating system CDs and I ve been searching the internet all day for a solution I cannot download any large files like Knoppex Linux to solve this problem since I have dial-up Could someone please help Fatal System Error preventing computer startup and no CDs to fix it me solve this problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello My computer is infected with malware After a while of having my computer turned on eventually a message comes up that says quot Generic Host Process for Win Services has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot with the option of sending an error report to Microsoft After this window comes up the computer becomes very slow and the internet connection eventually disconnects preventing crashing access, Malware internet computer with no chance of regaining internet unless the computer is restarted Also the sound on my computer goes mute and sound can only be regained if restarted Also at first my computer couldn t restart it would simply freeze at the gray screen or blue quot logging off screen quot and I would have to force turn off my laptop by holding the power button down for a few seconds Here is my HijackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Malware preventing internet access, crashing computer Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Malware preventing internet access, crashing computer Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzRs VzRs exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Zone Remote Commander AvRmtCtr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility iP D PDUiP DMon exe C WINDOWS vsnp uvc exe C WINDOWS tsnp uvc exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Apoint Apvfb exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files FastAttach NEA NEATaskbar exe C Program Files ArcSoft TotalMedia Backup amp Record uBBMonitor exe C Program Files palmOne HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C ... Read more

A:Malware preventing internet access, crashing computer

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421963/malware-preventing-internet-access-crashing-computer/
Relevancy 57.62%

Operating System Windows XP Professional -bit OS Version Service Pack System Celeron GHz MB RAM Issue the license is this windows problem for computer. from preventing accurately checking Description I am having a problem logging onto problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. my Windows XP system I am getting the error quot A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer Error code X quot I have found from several sources that I needed to regsvr files in order to make it work The sources are the following http www anetforums com posts aspx ThreadIndex AND http digitalpbk blogspot com x -problem-is-preventing html The instructions to fix the problem were as follows regsvr licwmi dll regsvr regwizc dll regsvr licdll dll regsvr jscript dll regsvr vbscript dll regsvr msxml dll regsvr shdocvw dll regsvr softpub dll regsvr wintrust dll regsvr initpki dll regsvr dssenh dll regsvr rsaenh dll regsvr gpkcsp dll regsvr sccbase dll regsvr slbcsp dll regsvr cryptdlg dll Initially shdocvw dll and slbcsp dll failed with the errors Loadlibrary quot xxxxxx dll quot failed - the specified module could not be found I enabled the cryptogaphic services and this allowed me to register the shdocvw dll but not the slbcsp dll I went to another system with the same windows xp installation and copied slbcsp dll over and then registered it and the registration succeeded The problem persists I followed the note of Cookiegal in one like thread and ran in the command console ren C Windows system catroot Edb log tst This enabled me to run regsvr sccbase dll successfully I went to the next step written by Mr Arun Prabhakar on digitalpbk which was the following Start the computer Press the F key during startup to start the computer in Safe mode Start Registry Editor Regedt exe Delete the following registry keys in the Windows registry HKEY USERS DEFAULT Software Microsoft Cryptography Providers HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Cryptography Providers Quit Registry Editor Restart the computer I found that both of these directories do no exist Could this be the source of my issue nbsp

A:problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer.

Please consider in my resolution actions that I have checked for the files:

Windows\System32\secupd.dat
Windows\System32\oembios.dat
Windows\System32\oembios.bin

oembios.dat was missing so replaced it with the oembios.dat from another system with the same operating system and service packs to eliminate that problem.

I would appreciate anyone who could help me with this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-is-preventing-windows-from-accurately-checking-the-license-for-this-computer.788557/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi

We have a problem with vista opearting system..

while resuming our computer from sleep mode we get a message as IDE channel is preventing the computer to enter hibernation mode.

So we uninstalled the IDE channel from device manager and restarted the system then tried to resume the computer from sleep mode.

Now we get a msg as ATA device is preventing the computer to enter hibernation mode.

Any idea how to fix it????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ide-channel-device-is-preventing-the-computer-to-enter-hibernation-mode-299907.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I own a Lenovo G530 which is running Window XP Service Pack 3. I have run into some problem which concerns the USB ports. Yesterday, I inserted a USB flash drive (pen drive) into one of the port. Since then, the My Computer page fails to load. A flash light icon appears and keeps searching for drivers and folders forever. The drivers themselves are accessible through the command prompt or through the Run interface.

After this problem occurred, I tried to shut-down the system but it hung on Saving Your Settings. I did force shutdown through the power button. After re-starting the system, the problem persists. My Computer view is stuck in the scan phase. Also, I am unable to use my USB internet data card.

How can make my computer functional again? Please advice.

A:USB malfunction preventing system shutdown and My Computer page fails to load

first thing i would try is open a command prompt and type in sfc /scannow . this would allow windows to repair some minor problems. if that doesn't work, i would be suspicious of some type of infection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-malfunction-preventing-system-shutdown-and-my-computer-page-fails-to-load.1089436/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey I have a Windows Xp Prof Sp Dell Latitiude D I m connected on a dialup and this is what Im trying to get my computer to fully shutdown in the minutes i specify ex minutes I sometimes leave the Shutting shutdown say"It it now want computer-Dont to down your computer" to safe is computer on at night and don t want it to be still on when i come back Something to make it automatically shutdown I got a program that shuts down the computer automatically And it works Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer" My computer shuts down but in the end it gets stuck at quot It is not safe to shutdown your computer quot I don t want it to do this because then someone needs to press the power button to fully shut it down Is there a way to make it so I don t come to this Also When I start up I see my username and a password box I don t have a password so I just press enter in the password box is there a way to make it so it doesn t ask for my blank password everytime I turn it on I can t find where to play with these settings If anyone can help Help pls thanksss nbsp

A:Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

This may help.
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutting-down-computer-dont-want-it-to-say-it-is-now-safe-to-shutdown-your-computer.348394/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm having startup issues with a Windows 10 Build:
Cumulative update for Windows 10 ver. 1511
KB3192444. (I hope I copied it correctly).

Before this update is installed the problem doesn't exist, after it's installed it does.
I posted this issue here but have not gotten any help.
Because windows 10 automatically installs updates I needed to go into Group Policy Editor-Computer Configuration-Windows Components-Windows Update and set it to
"Notify for download and notify for install"

But, when I go back into settings for windows update advanced settings, the choose how updates are installed has remained with the same 2 options.

How can I be sure that Windows 10 does not install this update????
Does changing this setting in GPE work ok?

Any help will be appreciated,
James

A:Preventing Auto Updates

Hi, to hide (stop) a particular update see:
Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/68054-preventing-auto-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
Right now i have about 56 updates pending, most of them office updates, and a couple of Windows updates.
I've discovered that a update is preventing my PC from sleeping, as when i do a system restore back to before i updated my PC will sleep, and then instaill them again my PC wont sleep.

I'm assuming its a windows update rather than an office update causing this problem.
Is there a better way to see which update is causing the problem rather than instailling each update, one by one?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35663-updates-preventing-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello everyone,
my sons laptop has acquired a virus. (an acer aspire 5100 on xp)basically it is preventing any windows updates & any security scans. It is clever; for example if i attempt trend micro house call i get blue screen & the pc shuts down immediately. When i reboot it refers to fat32 as follows:
checking file system on c the type of the file system is fat32.

i have current subscription to trend micro internet security for three pc's but can't download due to the virus.
i am not a "power user" but i am capable of starting the the laptop in safe mode & carrying out basic tasks.(but it appears to be stopping that unless i'm doing something wrong with the "f8" key)

how serious is this & is there the idiots guide to a resolution?
thanks for looking bob (uk)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-preventing-ms-updates-scans.969198/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Compaq desktop at home running Windows 7 Home Premium. My girlfriend has a user account on it that she uses from time to time. She sometimes needs to restart the computer. When she tries to do that, many times the shut down screen shows "Install updates and Restart" as the default action. Is there a way to eliminate that option for her account or at least make Restart or Shutdown, without installing updates, the default choice? She is careful about changing the option, but I am concerned she might slip up one time.

I have no desire to upgrade to Windows 10 at this time (Yes, I know the free upgrade offer is supposed to end at the end of June). On my account, I manually go through the list of new available updates and remove any that are related to preparing the computer for Windows 10 or actually downloading and installing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preventing-user-from-installing-updates.1170880/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys I hope I ve posted this in the correct place I m only averagely tech minded so I ll try my best I m running Windows XP sp and mostly use Chrome browser with IE occasionally My Avira Free has refused to net update for over hrs and when I look at Internet Options I see the use proxy server button is checked although AV think) updates preventing virus (I malware &/or is I ve previously un-checked it I ve managed to download manually from Avira and am currently running a scan with it amp Malwarebytes I have some log files but I take notice of the warning against posting hijack this logs in this forum There are several processes amp files that look decidedly fishy to me but am not sure of where how to proceed quot ProxyServer http quot for example I also use Malwarebytes free version amp update amp scan regularly with this amp Avira malware &/or virus (I think) is preventing AV updates free AV I usually scan any potentially fishy files with AV amp MWB before downloading but something s gotten through could be another user when I ve not been here is responsible or can hardware like a cheap chinese USB hub be responsible

A:malware &/or virus (I think) is preventing AV updates

Welcome joolzLet's run these as I feel you have a rootkit.Many malwares like to change the proxy setting on you.Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381297/malware-or-virus-i-think-is-preventing-av-updates/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I posted in the Vista section about trouble I am having with updates installing One person replied that quot b preventing updates malware Possible infection ecause of the large number of problems in category items that I posted and the corrupted SFC store quot before I do anything else I should post in this forum to make sure my system isn't infected To briefly summarize what I posted over there I can't get some updates to install and I have some corrupted files or corrupted something I honestly don't know enough to know what the problem is Here is what I got when I ran the dds DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Possible malware infection preventing updates Run by admin at on Thu Internet Explorer Possible malware infection preventing updates BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall enabled Running Processes Possible malware infection preventing updates C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows System bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c windows system inetsrv w wp exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users admin Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uStart Page hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd mStart Page hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd BHO fd d- b- fc- - ae - c program files siteadvisor SiteAdv dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor bf - f - - - fe e aa - c program files siteadvisor SiteAdv dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Maj... Read more

A:Possible malware infection preventing updates

Hello ti2,

I'm not seeing any malware in these logs. You can run an online scan and see if it detects anything lurking about. It can take some time, so please be patient and allow it to run it's full course:

**Vista users - right click on the IE icon and run as administrator

Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, visit http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/par...avwebscan.html

1. Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.

2. To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:Close any open programs
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

3. Click Run at the Security prompt. The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database. Please be patient as this can take several minutes.Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
Click View scan report at the bottom.

Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/possible-malware-infection-preventing-updates-367467.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Info in this MalWare preventing Automatic Updates? thread http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -automatic-updates-rundll -error html Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system MalWare preventing Automatic Updates? services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet MalWare preventing Automatic Updates? Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM Toolbar - AF D- E - bda- -B C B - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Run IMVU - d - baa- bc - cf -a d db - C Documents and Settings John Yasment Start Menu Programs IMVU Run IMVU lnk file missing O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - DPF DCEC - A- -AD E-FD C D F Disney Online Games ActiveX Control - http disney go com pirates online testActiveX built signed DisneyOnlineGames cab O - DPF EF E -FE - B -B FA- AB A B A GameLauncher Control - http www acclaim com cabs acclaim v cab O - DPF E - F- C -AB - A E D F - http www nick com common groove gx GrooveAX cab O - DPF D BF - A- -A F - E E AB F Virtools WebPlayer Class - http a g akamai net f akamai com player install installer exe O - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http www popcap com games popcaploader v cab O - DPF FFBB F B- A A- -BE -DFE E CB DownloadManager Control - http dlm tools akamai com dlmanager versions activex dlm-activex- cab O - AppInit DLLs gzevzc dll O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler AntiVirScheduler - Avira GmbH - C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard AntiVirService - Avira GmbH - C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online - C Program Files Common Fil... Read more

A:MalWare preventing Automatic Updates?

Er hm, was I suppose to post the HJT log while in non-safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-preventing-automatic-updates.736715/
Relevancy 55.04%

I was installing some windows updates and my laptop restarted. Now I cannot install any updates nor can I update my IE. Please any help is greatly needed.

Thank you,

Curtis

A:Computer Shutdown in the Middle of Updates now cannot Install updates

Do a system restore to before the problem occurred then ree-load the updates.
hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutdown-in-the-middle-of-updates-now-cannot-install-updates.468701/
Relevancy 54.61%

I was going to download Norton 2009 antivirus, but the setup said that the computer needed and upgrade. I proceeded to the windows update to check. Sure enough I needed windows service pack 2. I tried to download this but got the error 80072efd. Its not the firewall, but i also realized that I cannot download it directly from the windows update website. I am really confused and need this antivirus cause my computer is infected at this time. All help will be appreciated.

A:error 80072efd is preventing me fom downloading updates

hi and welcome to TSF the first thing you should do is go here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html and get help for your infection and then see about antivirus i would not choose norton or mcafee as they can cause issues with vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-80072efd-is-preventing-me-fom-downloading-updates-397233.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
Since an automatic update on my computer, my computer will not access the internet. I have tried to resart the computer to a previous point pre-updates but now it will longer do this either. So i am a stuck. Can you help?

Thanks

A:Automatic updates now preventing access to internet

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan hill

Hi,
Since an automatic update on my computer, my computer will not access the internet. I have tried to resart the computer to a previous point pre-updates but now it will longer do this either. So i am a stuck. Can you help?

Thanks

I have a similar problem. Bun not from automatic updates. I updated Adobe reader(it says "Install security update). Since then It appeared in system Tray an yellow triangle with an exclamtion mark on it. If I click on it, it disappears, but my network connection has stopped working. It connects normaly, but the computer works like it would not be connected to the Internet. I unistaled the update, but the problem reappeard after 2-3 days. Now it looks that it is all OK, but I do not know what am I suposed to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-updates-now-preventing-access-to-internet-271999.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I thought I had my computer fixed, but now it keeps shutting down. And now it won't let me open up Firefox, which is the way I get on the internet. How can I fix this? I am running windows 10. Updated from Windows 7. I have a HP laptop. Thank you Wrenie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.1167723/
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently got a used Mac OSX G4. It works great except it won't stay on. Sometimes I can work on it for hours without a problem and other times it will shut off every two minutes or so. Please let me know if there is an easy fix!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.574641/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I ve been having some problems with my computer as it will shut down and restart by itself and it says keeps shutting down My Computer that it has just recovered from a serious error so I was wondering if you guys can My Computer keeps shutting down help below is my hijack log any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Smilebox SmileboxTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files HiJackThis exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuComServer EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUPDATE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http cm my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHel... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down.703306/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so my computer started shutting down about Computer shutting keeps down a couple hours ago and when I turn it on it will stay on maybe about minutes the most then it will just shut off for no reAson I scanned my computer earlier before all this started and nothing Computer keeps shutting down was found so and everytime I turn my pc on to scan again to make sure I can never get the scan done because it shuts off Anybody else been through this situtation or any thoughts on what might be going on System is vista sp bit compaq presario And I'm typing this through my phone btw Oh yeah and forgot today my charger plug the part that goes into the computer has been messing up it is sensitive I guess because when I touch or something hits it a little bit it flickers the power to my comptuer and when I take my charger out my computer it won't turn it will only turn on when it's plugged in

A:Computer keeps shutting down

Just in case this is the problem, can you please follow these instructions, and then upload the zip file here, ready for one of the experts? Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285325-computer-keeps-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I was having problems with my computer shutting down when under heavy CPU load.
It was suggested that I redo the thermal paste on the CPU.
That seemed to work, but last night it happened again.
I was running 2 programs that was using the CPU at 100%.
I have attached the system log snapshot of the time it happened.
The time it happened is highlighted.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so i have a PC here. It won't shutdown correctly.

It hangs when you click shutdown. It doesn't hang like this:

shutdown -> choose method -> hang

it hangs like this:

click shutdown -> hang

Here's the kicker.

It will shutdown fine if it's only been on for a few minutes, even after being fully booted and using a few programs.

But after an extended period of time, it will hang when clicking shutdown...

any ideas? It doesn't even bring up the shutdown menu, just hangs when i click shutdown...

A:Computer Not shutting down.

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

might help

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-shutting-down.638983/
Relevancy 54.18%

i built this computer in november 2005, its got a amd athlon 3700+, and 1024 kingston ram...
atx a8n-sli premium mobo... every so often it just like shuts down. the computer screen goes black, but the computer is still running but its frozen... and on my temperature display it says a 95 fahrenheit, but it also says that the cpu is being used 100% and 50% of ram... is this anything significant?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi i have a recent new computer and for some reason it keeps shutting down. i ran a snam nothing there i cleaned disk and everything i was on another site and ran a log and everything and they told me nothing was there but why is it shutting down plz help thanks

A:my computer keeps shutting down

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or

Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed

with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-

click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

(If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from

here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before

scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the

main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the

Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

So, i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down.843152/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello My daughter was trying to copy some files onto Computer Shutting Down a disk and left the disk in the drive overnight i didn t realize this until much later on The following morning I noticed the computer was shut off and attempted to turn it on pressing the power button and there was no activity I Computer Shutting Down tried this several times and but to no avail There was no sound coming from the computer fan Computer Shutting Down thrashing or even the sound of the computer booting up I thought perhaps that either the HD died or there was some other power failure I went to unplug the computer to take it to a shop to have them test this theory and the computer fan turned on and then back off again When I heard this I plugged it back on an tried the power button again Voila it turned on but with a error message that s when I realized the disk was in the machine I removed the disk and started the process of turning it off and back on again It booted into Windows and I received a message that there was a serious problem with Windows Im somewhat computer savvy and so I figured the disk being in the drive all night caused the problem and I tried to do a system restore f - I have an HP Pavillion several times During the process the computer would remain on anywhere between - minutes then shut down Since the f didn t work I contacted HP to ask them to please send recovery CDs because my system was corrupted and it needed to be rebuilt Because I purchased the computer as an open-box special at Walmart and it was registered under someone else s name they wouldn t send it to me unless I sent them my purchase receipt which I would have no idea now where it is since the computer is years old I purchased a copy of windows xp professional and decided I would install it and got through about the process until it started to install windows and it kept shutting down at that point tried times At this point I m at a loss as to what to do or what could be the problem and could use some assistance in helping me fix this problem Please ask whatever necessary questions and I ll do my best to answer them as specifically as possible I hope that I ve given enough information about this problem Looking forward to a solution Cee nbsp

A:Computer Shutting Down

It could be the power supply failing...if you can swap it out..... it could also be a heat issue ...open the case up after disconnecting the power cord as turning it off does not turn off the power to the mobo...blow out any dust bunnies and clean the CPU heatsink and fan...leave the side cover off and plug it back in and see if any fans you have are running when you turn it on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.508049/
Relevancy 54.18%

My system is custom built by me and has the following profile ASUS motherboard AMD processor gig of RAM Gig HD s Yadda Yadda Yadda Anyway system is about years old or so Computer Shutting down has run flawlessly Have not had major hardware or software changes in about months As recently as a week ago my system started to shut down cold for no reason I can ascertain I have the ASUS Probe monitoring software on and recording and have not noticed any variation in temperature or voltage All variables are running within spec The system is on a UPS and I have tested the memory modules and run my SpyWare Ad-Adware Spybot and the online Trend-Housecall virus scan all came back clean Last night I turned it back on after a shutdown and shut down all programs running in memory except Task Manager and the Asus software Whe I got up to go Computer Shutting down to work the computer was still running I can t figure this one out Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Computer Shutting down

This is possibly the video card or an external device. If you're running xp go to My Computer/advanced tab/startup and recovery and uncheck the 'automatically restart' box in the 'system failure' setting. This may allow you to see the blue screen when the system fails. When I've seen this problem there was no entry in the event logs but after replacing the video card the shutdown problem went away. If you have another video card it is worth testing.

I worked on a computer that was shutting down randomly and discovered a scanner connected to a usb port was screwing things up and another time a usb hub caused a simular problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.471588/
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer keeps shutting off when I am on the internet. It is not the fans. I am getting fatal exception error in "vxd Win 95 ac". I was getting fatal exception error in "VS Data 95 .vxd". This is "Zone Alarm program . I removed Zonealarm and still the computer kept shutting off. Computer either restarts or goes to blue screen fatal exception error. Occasionly it will just freeze. As I said , its not the fans , no virus's. Computer only shuts off when on the internet. When not on internet it works fine. Help!

Relevancy 54.18%

I dont know what's wrong with my compter,when im using (for example) sony vegas videostudio or when i play videogames my computer shuts down and when i try to turn it on it shuts down on loading so i have to wait couple of minutes but i dont understand why,did i get a virus? plz i need help with it =(

A:My computer keeps shutting down by itself

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself-505407.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hi, hope im in the right place,im looking for some advice with a problem i have.my computer on windows vista,works fine until you try to close a window, then it starts to shut down,and a warning appears saying ,internet explorer has stopped working,if you press cancel it returns back to the home page. its a real pain as you have to keep minimizeing every page instead of closeing it.greatfull for any advice.

A:computer shutting down

Sounds like you have a virus infection but I'm not entirely sure. Try downloading HijakThis and posting the log in Malware Removal and HJT Logs and ask someone to take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.790868/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey

I have a few problems actually, the main one that concerns me is that my laptop has recently been switching off without any warning. Upon restarting it says it overhearted which may be due to the battery or the vents not working properly. I've tried clearing the vents but that hasn't worked, is there anything else you can suggest, or would it be worth me buying a new battery?

The second problem is just that my laptop runs really slow, particularly when i start it up. Any suggestions on what I could do to try and speed it up.

Finally I managed to delete my recycling bin on the desktop and I can't get it back, so I can't either empty it or retrieve something from it. Do you know where I would be able to do this?

Thanks a lot

gzb1986

Relevancy 54.18%

This has been happening for about a week now. It will just shut down. One time it came back on and rebooted, sometimes I can turn it back on, then other times, I have to unplug the power cord, wait for the green light on the back to go out, plug it back in and then turn it on.
I have ran Norton and Spy-bot, but both say that everything is fine.

I'm running win xp.

What could it be?

A:Computer keeps shutting down...

Just a guess without seeing it but it sounds like the power supply may be going bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.327581/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all.

One of my workmates is having a problem with his computer. As he goes to shut it down, it hangs at the "Windows is shutting down" and does nothing further. What possibilities are there that would cause this?

I don't know the specs as yet, though, before you ask. As I get the info I need, I'll let you all know.

Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 54.18%

My computer keep shutting down randomly. Like 3 or more times in an 8 hour period. I have check the CPU heat and it is currently running at a steady 50 degree. There is no power failure, no viruses, no spyware. I just reinstall my whole computer and it is still doing it. I don't find any hardware failure either. Does anyone have a solution?

Relevancy 54.18%

I keep having this problem where my computer shuts down at any given moment My first impulse was that I had a virus and after performing a scan with Norton I had taken steps to remove the problem However after a day it appeared that the 'problem' hadn't cleared The computer always seems to stop whenever I am running a scan and it doesn't seem to matter whether I am in safe mode or not In fact scans that have turned out fine in normal mode can not be completed in safe mode because the computer shuts down before they get a chance to finish I have rebooted the computer and reformatted the main hard drive but the problem still exists Is there any way you could help me with this problem I am enclosing a few basic computer details in order to be of help Computer Fujitsu Seimens Age years old Ram GB Hard down. shutting Computer drive space GB Scanners and Anti Virus software used Norton Adaware Spybot Search and Destroy I've also managed to do a scan using Hijack this Here is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Computer shutting down. saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot Computer shutting down. mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system lxcrcoms exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Computer shutting down. cli exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www skybroadband comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www skybroadband com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www skybroadband comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www symantec com en uk norton suppo us jsp type ocsR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky BroadbandO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run lxcrmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcrmon exe quot O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot sO - HKLM Run LXCRCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCRtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU R... Read more

A:Computer shutting down.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.??If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine.??Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.??Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool.??No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note:??You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.??After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.??Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.??Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251308/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

LAst night my computer just shut off...i was able to turn it back on and get on it again, things were running slow and then it shut off again....i forgot to turn it off before i went to bed and this morning its not working. I can turn it on and the green light on the from says its onbut nothing is happening. I kept trying and every now and then it would seem like it starts to load but would shut off again. I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again, i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive....nothing else is working too....do i have a virus? did something blow? the fan?
I have no clue, i have tried everything I can think of....what do i do now? whats going on?

A:My computer keeps shutting off

megastar15 said:

I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again,Click to expand...

Sounds like a dead monitor to me it should work fine that is assuming the monitor can handle the screen size of your monitor, to be double sure set your screen size to 640 x 480 and then try the monitor if it still wont work its broken.

megastar15 said:

i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive...Click to expand...

Open the C drive ?? what does that mean ?

megastar15 said:

nothing else is working too..Click to expand...

What else is there.

Look lets start from the beginning, first check the monitor, then post back and tell us if the computer makes any noise or if any lights come on on the base unit.

Usual checks like fuses are a good start.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off.108108/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi My computer Dell Inspiron XP Home sp keeps shutting down if I down! Computer shutting keeps try to run a scan AVG it shuts down Sometimes it just shuts down in the middle of doing somthing I thought I may be having HDD probs so I formated the Computer keeps shutting down! HDD reloaded Windows and still had the same probs Okay well I must be having HDD probs installed new Computer keeps shutting down! HDD S O S My question is are there any good software programs out there that can analyze my computer and tell me whats up I ve used hijack this and removed a few things highlighted in red Still S O S I supect I had a major virus can a virus stay in your computer even after installing a new HDD and if so how can I get rid of it when it shuts down during a virus scan Not just AVG but any virus removal program I use s amp d Avast every online free virus scan Thank you Computer keeps shutting down! for your help Steve

A:Computer keeps shutting down!

I supect I had a major virus, can a virus stay in your computer even after installing a new HDD?No but if you saved your documents, settings, pictures or music and reinstalled them, you can get reinfected that way

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259501/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Windows 7 laptop, and I'll be either working on a document or trying to upload an edited video to Youtube when my computer inexplicably shuts down - taking with it all my hard work. I've run Malwarebytes Antimalware and it finds nothing. I also installed a Norton security suite from Comcast recently, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Moved to Windows 7 forum.

Let's try this.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When scanning is done, click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410148/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

My girlfriends computer keeps shutting down, in the same way the sasser virus did, but we checked for it and she doesn't have it. What virus could it be? And are there any patches or anything we can download to fix it? Please help.

Relevancy 54.18%

I recently got stuck on this problem.. I click shutdown (and yes, the button is actually set to shutdown) but my computer boots up again right after it was supposed to cut the power(I can see the led flashing off and on again for half a second after the monitor goes blank)..

After this weird boot I find myself in windows without internet connection(it says I don't have a network card connected [printscreen attached]).. Again shutting down is not an option as my pc does the exact same thing as before..

Did CMOS reset - still not working.
Disabled Automatically restart (in Advanced system properties/System recovery) - still not working
Tried unplugging the network before shutdown - still not working...

I suspect a hardware problem, maybe the HDD but I am not sure..

I have attached a screenshot of the post-reboot and the CMOS settings..

A:Computer not shutting down..

Optimal SATA controller setting for Win7 is AHCI. AHCI Enable in Windows 7

If you have no network driver then you probably have other missing drivers which may be causing your restart.

Import the network driver from the PC or adapter's SUpport Downloads webpage to install it and get online, then Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Step 3), Check for Windows Updates, install all Important and Optional Updates with reboots until no more are offered when you go back to check.

Then post back a screenshot of your Device Manager.

Or start over and follow the steps for a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 which always results in a perfect install which will stay that way for as long as you use only the tools and methods given.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373084-computer-not-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

My computer keeps shutting down. It happens every time I am on the computer.

Information on my computer:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
System Model Latitude D800
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~598 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A11, 9/3/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
The System Error Log is below:

Error code 100000ea, parameter1 819ba3a0, parameter2 8215ef60, parameter3 f8975cb4, parameter4 00000001
Error code 100000ea, parameter1 81946508, parameter2 81fe41d8, parameter3 f8969cb4, parameter4 00000001.
Error code 100000ea, parameter1 8181c020, parameter2 820a8a98, parameter3 f8969cb4, parameter4 00000001.
System Error Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem as I don't know much about computers.

Please Help!!

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi....anytime I try to run a registry analyser/checker or spyware scanner program, my computer reboots at some point during the scan. All other programs work fine. No virus's found by my anti-virus program. CPU at normal temperature (50c - Athlon xp 2200), memory checks out OK, leading me to think it's not hardware. Mildly irritating!

I had the same trouble with my computer when I had service pack 1 installed. No spyware or anti-virus picked it up, but there was a process on my startup list that has a critical warning 4. Apparently this process takes advantage of some vulnerability within windows, hence shutting down randomly.

After I installed service pack 2, this stopped automatically.

Tthe process is called "NvCpl". Even after you disable it, it comes back. Check it out, might be your problem!!!

I'll try find the website where I found that info for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.326243/
Relevancy 54.18%

When I am in the middle of something usually a game it will shut down Shutting Down Computer without warning Is there something here that is causing the problem Earlier when I tried to shut down a game I couldn't I tried the Ctrl Alt Computer Shutting Down Delete method but that didn't work either I pushed the on off button but computer didn't go off I finally just unplugged it That shut it off finally I have run SpyBot but it found nothing I ran AdAware SE it found critical object I fixed that but I am still having problems Your help is appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC Program Files MRU-Blaster scheduler exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my myway com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - no file O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKLM RunOnce MRUBlaster C Program Files MRU-Blaster indexcleaner exe -CCO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Startup MRU-Blaster Scheduler lnk C Program Files MRU-Blaster scheduler exeO - Startup MRU-Blaster Silent Clean lnk C Program Files MRU-Blaster mrublaster exeO - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Pro... Read more

A:Computer Shutting Down

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems, please post a brand new HJT logs as reply to this post. Before you post this reply, I ask that you follow the instructions found in this topic first:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35932/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay my computer was shutting down without warning. I tried running my virus scan which found nothing so went about my business (playing farmville). Well finally it shut down this morning in SAFE mode. I was trying to get my files on my passport before it totally died.

Now, it won't even boot up off my knoppix CD, which i thought was reallly weird.

I can't access anything long enough to get a HJT log. Please help me!

I'm running windows Vista home premium . I don't remember the specs, but I bought it in 2007 and it was close to top of the line Gateway.

Thanks in advance

I was able to restart and it went to something called startup repair, and it recommended system restore, which it's doing right now....not sure if this will fix anything, but if I can get the files you require I will do that first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-keeps-shutting-down-532224.html
Relevancy 54.18%

my computer keeps shutting down and then boots back up,but sometimes it might take anywere from 2 to 20 times befor it finally boots up.it started out doing this once or twice a week and now it does it at least a couple times aday. i have a systemax sempron 2500+system,with win xp home edition
any help would be great,thanks Banks

A:computer keeps shutting down

It seems you may have a virus please go to following sites
www.housecal.trendmicro.com for an online scan
www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm and follow the instructions. Please place your HiJack log in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum someone will help you as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-shutting-down-44229.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys....
I hv an ACER Aspire 4710z laptop with Windows XP SP2
The problem is that when i hit the SHUTDOWN or RESTART button, all the processes ends as usual but then the Computer hangs.....a black lighten up screen comes....and computer dont Shut Down itself.....Then I push the POWER button to Shutdown it.....

Plz help guys....

A:Computer not shutting down

Have you tried going through task manager to shut the computer down? also when your in task manager what processes are running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-not-shutting-down-566200.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Recently my computer started shutting off suddenly without warning. When it first started, it did it a number of times in a single afternoon. Then it went for about a week with no trouble. Then it did it again a few times in one day. What causes this? Can I fix it? Thanks.
PS It's a HP Pavillion laptop with Windows XP

A:Why Does My Computer Keep Shutting Off?

what does the battery indicator by the time show???
does it show the battery accepting charge when you plug in to the wall???

could be the battery is no longer charging like it should.

when your laptop shuts down own its own ---is the bottom panel real hot
to the touch?????
can you hear fan nosies if you hold the laptop up to your ear when its running????

3 main causes are bad battery---
lot of dust inside laptop case----
or a hardware component like the power supply or cpu fan is on its last legs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-computer-keep-shutting-off.715966/
Relevancy 54.18%

hey all i seem to be having a problem with my computer, when i try to shut down the system it wont shut down it restarts i have to push in teh power button and hold it in for 6 seconds in order to turn my computer off.I have windows xp home, a gigabyte GA-7VA mother board with an AMD xp 2400+.. please help

Relevancy 54.18%

my computer randomly shuts off A LOT. without warning. its ALWAYS charging so idk if its that. i downloaded "speed fan". whenever i am online i can hear the fans running. so i really don't know what to do? its really annoying when it keeps shutting down.... (especially when i am playing long videos) help?

Running on Windows 7.

i have a gateway 7326GZ

A:Computer keeps shutting down! HELP.

This isn't a put-on is it?

You have only 479MB of RAM? How can windows 7 run on that little memory? The minimum RAM requirements for Windows 7 is 1GB of memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138977-computer-keeps-shutting-down-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Another problem!!

my computer restarts like every 2 1/2 hours.

then when windows loads up it says "Windows has recovered from a serious error"

i allways click view contents and these 2 files are allways the two that pop up!!!!!!!!!

C:\DOCUME~1\Eileen88\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7405.dir00\Mini112908-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Eileen88\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7405.dir00\sysdata.xml

Could you help!! Shall i run htj?

A:Computer Keeps Shutting Down!

Highly doubtful that this is an infection. It is more than likely a hardware issue. The 2 files are dump logs which need to be read to help determine what is wrong
I'm moving this to the XP forum. If this is Vista, let me know

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182775/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

Have a Dell XPS 8700 with Win 7 home premium. The computer shuts down on its own and I get the error message from windows. Here is the latest output:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8007251660
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9A3D8
BCP4: FFFFFA800CCC4150
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Is there anyone that can advise me with this issue? Thank you.

A:Computer keeps shutting down on its own.

If you follow these BSOD posting instructions, one of our members will be able to give you help
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388420-computer-keeps-shutting-down-its-own.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all This is my first post here so excuse me if i miss any info I'm having a problem with my computer i have installed Win XP Pro SP onto a new clean HDD When i go to upgrade to SP all goes well When done installing it reboots like normal and goes through its processes But it gets to the blue Welcome screen and then it shutdowns like someone pulled the plug on it I have installed Xp pro about times so i know its not a software issue Computer Keeps shutting down I have also tried Computer Keeps shutting down installing Win Vista Home Premium Bit but it when it boots from the cd it says loading windows files or something to the nature of that Then a green bar scrolls on the bottom and it does the shutdown thing You can time it its so consistent Here are my Specs PSU Thermaltake TR RX W RU W ATX V Ver SLI Ready Modular Passive PFC PFC Power Supply PSU ouput V A V A V A V A - V A VSB A Mobo Foxconn P A-S LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory BTW i have another set of these comin for vista to have a total of GBs Video Card EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive OS Win XP SP trying to get to Vista Home Premium bit FYI i dont think its the powersupply i switched it out to test my computer i put in an ocz - watt psu and it did the same thing at the same time

A:Computer Keeps shutting down

I've seen this a couple times before. All with varying causes. The first thing I would check is the motherboard BIOS battery. They are usually very simple and cheap to replace. If replacing the battery doesn't work you may want to try the FIXMBR command in the Windows XP Boot CD recovery console.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-shutting-down-333022.html
Relevancy 54.18%

When I start up my computer (HP Pavilion 752n - Windows XP) the Windows launch screen starts and then the computer shuts down. Will not start in Safe Mode - but showed a blue screen:

Unmountable_Boot_Volume
Stop: 0x000000ED (0x833759EO, 0x0000006, 0x00000000, oxoooooooo)

I was on the Internet when it shut down the first time.

Can you help

Relevancy 54.18%

I am helping somebody in trying to fix their computer. Here are the specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.0 GHz
512 MB RAM
Windows XP
I don't know about power supply etc. because its not my computer.

The problem is reportedly that they can no longer import CDs or files in general. they thought that it was running out of space, so they bought an external HDD. They moved their files onto the external hard drive then tried to delete the files from the computer. After hooking up the HDD they have found that the computer will shut down while trying to do anything. I immediately thought of overheating but have not been able to find out

I am planning to run memtest86 and a chkdsk on the internal hard drive. Is there anything else I should be looking for? I don't have any experience with BIOS and i don't know how to check if it is overheating.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello A few days ago I got my son's report card which was poor I decided to 'ban' him from using the internet whilst at home My son knows way more about PC's than me and thought it would be fun if he installed a program or put an exe file on my PC What keeps happening is I will be on the PC and at random times I will get this message saying quot HAHA this is what you get for banning me quot Sometimes I don't even get a message and it just shuts down I don't get a chance to save my work or anything it just shuts down or restarts This is now a problem that I can no longer deal with which is why I came here down. Computer shutting I Computer shutting down. am just hoping that someone knows what he has done as I want this issue fixed ASAP I have looked over the PC's Computer shutting down. installed programs and there are no new ones I have searched for exe files but have failed to find any recently added ones Also he admitted to putting 'something' on the PC but refuses to remove it

A:Computer shutting down.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-shutting-down-600408.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a HP Pavilion g6 laptop. I have it for a wile but now it refuses to shut down. I can only start programs in my taskbar. AND where i could first start programs in the start menu i cant do that now to. when i could do it the shut down options didnt work. I also cant use ctrl alt del. Anyone any idea?

A:Computer not shutting down

You might want to try a System restore from the command line -> Start System Restore from a command prompt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-not-shutting-down-665288.html
Relevancy 54.18%

About 4 days ago my computer got a new PSU. Things are a bit better than they were ( Now it can actually BOOT WIN 7 )... BUT ( There is always a but, isn't it? ) today i installed a great game that I enjoy playing, Assassin's Creed 2. After a 15 minutes of pure fun, my computer just shut down, no BSOD, no warning, nothin'. My specs are:

CPU: AMD Anthlon 62X2 5000+ Black Edition 2.6GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600GSO 384Mb VRAM, 128Bit
RAM: 4Gb DDR2 800MHz Kingston
Motherboard: Biostar NF520-A2 TE AM2
PSU: Platinum 400W

Now any game i play my computer shuts down... Can this be caused by bad PSU, dust, high temperature or something else? Please help me.

A:Computer shutting down

If a new PSU helped I can only imagine that it is underpowered but looking at the spec it should be able to cope.

Have you the latest driver for your card?
And have you checked event viewer? (type event viewer into search box,try the system tab)

And also,32bit will only be able to use 3GB MAX ram,64bit will allow use of 4GB or more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151481-computer-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,

I leave my PC on 24/7 because my email program (outlook express) runs a fully automated e-books business. But for the last few days, suddenly when I have looked back at the PC it has re-started its self somehow.
Can anybody explain the reasoning behind this?

Best regards,

Carl

A:Computer keeps shutting down!!!

Hi,

It might be a good idea to run a temp and voltage check on your computer. Most newer ones have onboard programs that will do that. If not, then here is a free program you can download that will help:

Sandra Lite Utility

http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html

or

Speedfan will tell you the temperatures and a whole lot more. It's free

http://www.sofotex.com/SpeedFan-download_L4655.html

or

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Also, you need to list what motherboard, what CPU, the brand name and wattage of your power supply, and whatbrank, type and how much memory. Video card information might also help us to pinpoint something that may indicate a problem.

Post back and we will take a closer look at your situation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-shutting-down-68689.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello We ll I ve pretty much tried everything as well as cleaning my computer thoroughly and trying every anti spyware program in the book Now I must get professional help and I m not just talking about my computer My computer just keeps restarting Sometimes before it even finishes booting I can t do anything on it anymore It doesn t restart in safe mode however as I m typing this using the computer Any ideas help- will be GREATLY Appretiated Thanks for your time Jeremy Here s my Hijack log just incase Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www team-esi com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll Please shutting keeps Computer help.... down! NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files Eset ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Startup Manager quot C Program Files Advanced System Optimizer startUp manager exe quot O - Global Startup printkey exe O - Computer keeps shutting down! Please help.... Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip E E FB- - EA- -E F F C NameServer O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dll O - SSODL Enable S for USB Device - FB E B -AE -BDC -FC - CBA EE - no file O - Service Client Update Service for Novell cusrvc - Novell Inc - C WINDOWS Computer keeps shutting down! Please help.... system cusrvc exe O - Service Eset HTTP Server EhttpSrv - Unknown owner - C Program Files Eset ESET NOD Antivirus EHttpSrv exe O - Service Eset Service ekrn - Eset - C Program Files Eset ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down-please-help.652629/
Relevancy 54.18%

HELP I properly shut down my computer left and came home about hrs later I decided to turn on the computer my computer started up but then Computer shutting down keeps it said that I did Computer keeps shutting down not properly shut down the comp and etc so it asked me if I wanted to use safe mode or restart blah blah so I restarted the comp but then all of a sudden this blue screen popped up saying that to prevent any damage to my computer it won t let me pass that screen what is going on After the blue screen popped up it restarted Computer keeps shutting down automatically without me pushing any buttons so its very hard for me to read everything it says on there but it says that I should restart if it is the first time its happend or push safe mode if that doesnt work so I pushed safe mode still didn t work HELP I don t have my restore disc with me right now and I need my comp to be fixed what can I do I did ewideo check restgarted comp but can t access it normally only allows me to access it by safe mode please HELP nbsp

You need restore disk or XP cd and run XP Repair is only way I know out of this:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.470545/
Relevancy 54.18%

I seem to have been overtaken by something nasty When I click links using Firefox I m redirected somewhere else am also getting popups It s most likely something my kids installed although of course none will claim responsibility Thanks for any help Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Windows System PSLP exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier Computer down keeps shutting itself exe C Program Files HP Connections Program HP Connections exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows Explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Computer keeps shutting itself down Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Hosts localhost O - HKLM Run Windows Updates c windows system Update exe O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot c Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run WPCUMI C Windows system WpcUmi exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run hpqSRMon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run XboxStat quot C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe quot silentrun O - HKLM Run PSLP Agent C Windows System PSLP exe O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run Windows Updates c windows system Update exe O - HKCU Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE isuspm exe -startup O - HKCU Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler O - HKCU Run explorer C Windows explorer exe O - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem Us... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give My computer keeps shuttin down on its own After it shuts down and I try to turn it back on it does not boot up windows I have to keep turning the power on and off until it randomly and usually hours later boots back up I have an emachine so when I turn the keeps shutting down Computer computer back on only the emahine screen shows on the monitor I ran an AVG scan and no viruses were found I m looking to get a new computer pretty soon but I want to backup my files to an external harddrive The external drive has some Computer keeps shutting down important files on it already so I want to make sure at the very least that there is nothing on my emachine hardrive that might infect the external drive Any help would be greatly appreciated Below is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS Computer keeps shutting down System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system slserv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS system S tray exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adb search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exeO - HKLM Run VTPreset VTPreset exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program... Read more

Hello and Welcome to BleepingcomputerPlease note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319395/computer-keeps-shutting-down/